4.7/5 (1590 ratings)

About Anthony & Sylvan Pools

Anthony & Sylvan Pools is a premier builder of inground concrete and fiberglass swimming pools. Since 1946, we have designed and installed more than 370,000 pools for home owners all across the nation. Our pools are easy to maintain and built for life. With additions such as vanishing edges, raised spas and rock waterfalls your pool is an oasis in your backyard.

Pros

• Accessibility and safety features
  • Complete customization available
  • Lifetime warranty available

Cons

• Retail stores not widely available

Bottom Line

Anthony & Sylvan builds, renovates and maintains custom pools. With tons of features to choose from, most customers should be able to design their ideal pool with Anthony & Sylvan.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Anthony & Sylvan Pools?

Original review: July 7, 2021

If you want a great sales experience and then no delivery this is the vendor for you. Terrible execution, terrible communication, but exceptional billing practices. The only thing that was on time or ahead of schedule was the bill or an offer for upselling. We contracted in October of 2020 and as of today July 2021 we only have a concrete hole- no water, no gas line, etc. They don't have anything but a sales team- they are resellers with subs. They then blame the relationship with the subs negating any responsibility. I gave AS the $100K not the subs.

They blame COVID, what they should say is we had a high demand took on too many jobs and have screwed a ton of people. They start the job and they take the lion's share of the money and then they leave you for weeks with no work and no call backs. They barely reply and when they do it is just "sorry". No offer of alternatives, etc. They could offer to fund a town pool membership or throw in a pool cover on the $100K spend- but instead they offer nothing. I would run from this vendor.

Original review: July 1, 2021

This is the worst company I’ve had to deal with. I would give it -5 stars if it were possible. They had so many issues that I am not sure how this company is still in business. They did construction for my pool for almost 12 months. YES, ALMOST 12 (TWELVE) MONTHS. We signed the contract in early March 2020, and the pool was completed in February 2021. That’s unbelievable. A lot of my neighbors have built pools in 3 months – they started after me and finished construction before mine was finished. Now, I understand why no one in my neighborhood used this company for pool contraction, as this company just a crap. I had the impression that my pool designer (Jeff) believed that he was doing me a favor by designing my pool. All changes that I asked him to make took him several weeks to apply, even small changes like moving equipment from one location to another.

The employees of this company do not know what customer communication is. If you are lucky, they will reply to your emails in two weeks, but it usually took three weeks. Even if you remind them during these weeks, they keep silent and do not answer any questions about your project. Sometimes, to force them to reply you have to CC the VP of the company. It took this company 5 months to get city approval, really? It took less than a month for all of my neighbors who used a different company. They failed with the Home Owner Association application. It had to be submitted two times before approval was received (this took almost an additional one and a half of months). How is this possible for a company who’s supposed to deal with this all the time?

They always failed to do construction on schedule. All requests for providing updates on the current work were ignored almost all the time. This company does not really know what it means to keep the customer updated on progress. You must demand it, and demand it several times before you get a response. You really have to push this company to continue construction. That is ridiculous. This company does not know how to manage their contractors. Several times, contractors arrived with incorrect blueprints, which were corrected several months ago. Same thing with equipment – it was upgraded during the early stages of design but the contractors brought the old equipment. It took this company more than two months to replace the old equipment with the correct one.

The construction manager appeared only three or four times during the 7 months of actual construction. Instead of him controlling what the contractors were doing, assuming they were doing it according to the design in the first place, this responsibility fell on you (and you don’t get paid for it). Yes, you have to watch the contractors and make sure that they do things according to the design. In my case, I had to stop the contractors several times and tell them that this is not what I have in the pool blueprint copies provided to me. The contractors had to leave (for another several weeks) before they obtained the correct copy of the blueprints. This company does not know how to manage documents, how to update them, and how to share them with their contractors.

Beware about pool equipment. This company gives you entry level equipment and does not provide any options during the design stage. You have to notice this by yourself and tell them that you do not want this crap. This company failed the city inspection several times. If you’d like to be excited about your new pool, go with a different company and stay away from these guys. If you prefer pain and suffering during your pool construction, this company is definitely a top pick.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Do your research and see that we are among many leaving a review about how Anthony&Sylvan treat their customers after they’ve received most or all $$$. If you have a problem after they have their money, they don’t care. Their scheduling is horrible. They must have a bad reputation with their vendors too because they can’t get work completed in a timely manner. We were patient and understanding. We were told 10-12 weeks. A few days ago we found out it will be another month before we have the next step completed. Making our pool at least a 20 week project.

This put our daughter in tears because she has been hoping for a pool party for her 18th. We were told they would be done by then as it gave Anthony&Sylvan 20 weeks from dig to completion. So I called and left messages and emailed - asking nicely if there was anything that could be done. I understood it may not work, but for my daughter it was worth a try. THEIR RESPONSE WAS A THREAT!!! That’s right, Chris called my husband and he said he couldn’t do anything. My husband wasn’t as nice as me. Chris said, “Well I could always push schedule back.“ Who threatens an understandable upset customer with even worse service?!? That was the last straw for me. I can’t believe we gave these guys $75000. All we have for it is a heartbroken daughter and a concrete hole that is deteriorating as it sits for months.

Oh there is more. As our pool sits midconstruction, it’s cracking, equipment is leaking, and we still have another month to wait and see what else is ruined by the heat when it’s meant to have water. My husbands concern is that they must have a horrible relationship with their vendors too. It would explain a lot. Horrible business practice. They must think they’re too big to touch.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I contracted with Anthony and Sylvan last year. I was promised a pool would be completed by now. Instead I am living in a construction site for months. They dug a hole, did some work and left. No one not even the CEO will respond. What a mess. I wish I never started with them. If I could I would take a shovel myself and just close this hole. Horrible customer service. Also every step of the way you get hours sometimes minutes to pay or they have their subs leave. No advanced notice that they are coming till the last moment. They have been ghosting me for weeks.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Everything was great with my experience with Anthony & Sylvan. Everything went as planned. It was laid out. They listened to me at the design, they followed up on the dates that they gave me and they stayed in communication. Anything that I had questions on, they answered. They finished on time and I'm swimming already.

Original review: April 21, 2021

We interviewed several builders and most of them were terrified when they looked at the slope. Our house is kind of on a hill. When Brian with Anthony & Sylvan came out to meet with us, he said, "This is not a problem. We can do this." He had a lot of ideas and he took our ideas too. We had a unique landscape and there were several things that we were kind of looking for. He came back with a design that worked perfectly.

Jake was our project manager and he was very responsive. There was one day we had an issue between the contractor and them. He got back to me very quickly and it got resolved very quickly. His reports were very well detailed and there were lots of pictures. He was available if I had any questions so that worked out really well too. Anthony & Sylvan did everything they said they were gonna do on time at the price that they quoted me. I couldn't be happier. The pool turned out really nice. All my neighbors have been by and said it's a great pool.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We decided on Anthony & Sylvan based on a promise of not having a hole in my yard for months on in and a desire for strong customer service. So we have received neither. Even though they were fully aware of old pond and assured us it would not an issue we had to pay a extra fee of $500 after being told no additional cost will be added. The people who dug the hole called said they would be Monday, showed up Friday unannounced. We asked if they worked Saturday, so we could let our neighbors know and was NO. They showed up at 7:00 am. When digging the hole for the pool they over dug and did not compact the soil properly so again we are be charged another cost overrun of $2500. And still have a empty hole in yard over a month. They never return phone calls in a timely fashion. Very displeased.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Ryan who was my project designer was awesome. The sky was the limit with him. My project manager was Ray and he was great to work with though it felt like he was stretched really thin with all the pools that were being put in last year by Anthony & Sylvan. There were a few snafus that could have been caught if he would have been here but that wasn't his fault.

I love the whole pool. I'm kind of borderline with the size of the pool and the heater that I have. I have the biggest heater that there is but my pool is 28,000 gallons. I tried heating it up for spring break for the kids and it never would get to 80 degrees. I wish I could have got it bigger and we got a lot more features. But Anthony & Sylvan did a great job. We didn't even price out. Their reviews is what sells a lot of people as far as their lifetime warranty and their warranty calls. A neighbor had had some issues with her ozone generator. Come to find out, water was getting inside of it. She got Brody, the Sylvan tech, out there and they processed everything under warranty.

There's a little clouded area on what could be considered warranty or not but you shouldn't have a problem less than a year after your pool's installed. I commend Anthony & Sylvan for their warranty and the way they stand behind their product. If I didn't like something, I was told like, "Tell us if you didn't like it 'cause we'll fix it. This pool's gonna be here for life." There were little nitpicking things that everybody worked out and overall, I'm very happy with it.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Our designer, Patrick, was the reason that we locked in on Anthony & Sylvan. However, we were very disappointed in terms of the scheduling and what they told us versus what actually happened. There was a lot of delay. They promised it would be built within 12 to 16 weeks but it was more around 20 weeks. The holidays got in the way and they said the weather got in the way too but they should have figured that in. When they say 12 to 16 weeks, maybe they need to say 12 to 20 weeks.

Another thing is we told them in the very beginning that we had drainage issues that needed to be fixed. We told every contractor that came too. It wasn't until they finished the pool that they started getting serious about it. They were talking about having to tear out the travertine patio to put the pipe under. But they ended up putting a drainage pipe around our wall. They fixed it in the end but it should have been fixed when we told them in the beginning. Also, they had a lot of contractors that did horrible things to our neighbor's yard. A truck, for instance, ran into our neighbor's yard and ran over his irrigation heads. Another truck ran into his mailbox and destroyed it.

When they were building the pool, the water was running into the neighbor on the other side of us and into their yard. Their backyard was flooded. That happened on a weekend and I called the project manager. He told me he was out of town and he would not be able to get to it for a day or two. In the meantime, our neighbors were really upset with us. Even on a weekend, they should have had a contingency plan if an emergency happens. They should have been able to get it fixed. Instead, our neighbors were sitting there with a flooded yard because it was a weekend and they couldn't do anything.

I continually was emailing the general manager as well as the project manager but the general manager was a little dismissive and I expected better from him. If I were the general manager and had feedback coming in from someone building a pool this size, I would be a little more empathetic and a little more on it than what he was. They heard everything that was going on but they kept saying, “Well, this is a really big construction project.” It is a big construction project but we don't want our neighbor's yards affected by this work. That kind of put a really bad taste in our mouth going through all this.

I did recommend Anthony & Sylvan to one of our neighbors who is having an Anthony & Sylvan pool built in their yard. Supposedly, they're giving me a $500 Amazon gift card for doing that recommendation. I filled out all the paperwork but I have not yet seen that gift card. There seems like a lot of struggle in getting things done and it shouldn't be that way. It should be one email and it's done. But here we are several months after it's built and we love our pool. It is very nice. It's 50 feet long and 16 feet wide. It's got a hot tub, a three sheer descents and travertine decking all around on the stone wall. I like the fact that we can swim in it instead of just jumping in and cooling down. We wanted it for exercise and swimming and the hot tub is great for relaxing.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Our builder used Anthony & Sylvan to put a pool in his own home and recommended we use them too. We did and everything went fine. Brian was our designer and he did well. I’ve been really impressed with the service after the work was completed even though it took longer to be completed than it should have. I signed the contract in January of 20 and the work was completed right after Christmas. We’ve been very happy with our pool now that it’s in place as well as the service.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We have a freeform inground gunite pool from Anthony & Sylvan. The people there are very efficient. The design consultant was prompt. He showed up and did what he needed to do. When the design needed changes, he was quick and efficient to make those changes. Stan, the project manager is great. He still follows up on a regular basis, just for one-off little items, even though the pool itself is done.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

We moved to a new house and it didn't have a pool. I wanted one. My wife initially said no to that idea but the pandemic hit and she agreed to build a pool. I researched the different pool companies in the area. I asked my builder and he recommended Anthony & Sylvan. I read some reviews. There were two names in particular for my area, a project manager and a designer, that everyone kept raving about. That was when I decided to sign on with Anthony & Sylvan.

Brandon was our designer. We told him what we're looking for and he came up with a plan. It was pretty much 99% there. We made some tweaks just because of the size. There are impervious land area requirements so we had to make the pool bigger because we needed to have less deck space. Brandon was able to make things work fine. We did a freeform pool with a spa circle in the middle. It's like a kidney bean around the spa. We wanted there to be this long sun shelf for the kids when they’re younger and it had to be shallow. When they’re older, they can lay there and tan. Brandon came up with a really nice design. There are two deck jets that shoot from the far end towards the spa, which is closest to the house. There is lighting in the pool and in the spa. Another feature we have is the spa opens up. It’s a pretty large spillover. It’s kind of this little waterfall feature from the spa to the pool.

Sam was the project manager for this build. The people who did the construction were very clear on the process and on what would happen. They drew the pool on the grass and we had an idea of how it would look. What was nice with Anthony & Sylvan was we were building a bathroom and a home extension at the same time and they worked with my general contractor to work with the timing. The build wasn’t as straightforward as putting a hole in the ground and putting a pool there. It was more like, “You guys do this part first and then we'll do our part. And then we'll let you do your part, and we'll do our part,” kind of thing. They were able to work around that. They were very accommodating which was great. Brandon and Sam made the experience for me. They did such a good job and I've been very happy with their attention to detail. They appreciate me as a customer. We have a great looking pool and we have gotten a lot of comments on it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Anthony & Sylvan built the pool for our last home and that went well enough for me to want to automatically not get quotes from other pool builders and go with the same one. This second one was a little bit different because we were having a home constructed at the same time. This second pool has a spa that we didn't have at the other one. Compared to the other pool that was a custom shape, this second one is more of a rectangle because we're in a very small lot. It was finished in October and it has been beautiful to look at. Even though we have a heater, we haven't actually gotten in the pool but we've gotten in the spa once.

My only grumble the whole time was the project manager I had this time. The first one I had was great and if he noticed something wasn't done right, he dealt with them automatically. He did not accept less than quality standard. The project manager for our second pool was nice but he was too nice. I had to point out things and say, "For what I just spent on this pool, you need to get them back out here." He did. But had I not said something, things would have just stayed that way. that aside, the project manager did get things that I wasn't happy with taken care of. He communicated with me and was out weekly. He sent his report and if I had questions, he was quick to get back to me on them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

We have a rectangular-shaped pool from Anthony & Sylvan, and it has a spa and pool inside. The spa is my favorite. Having a Jacuzzi is a great feature about it and it's very relaxing to use that part. I also love the heater. I can use it in the winter months. I love the ability to go and relax and not having to go somewhere else to get into a Jacuzzi.

The design consultant was very good. He designed exactly what my wife had envisioned. It was a one-time thing. We didn't really have to do many corrections. Maybe one tweak to one of our initial thoughts and then that was it, and the pool was designed. So it wasn't like a lot of back and forth. He came to the house as well. He had all his equipment with him. He was answering all the questions. So, it's overall really good experience.

The customer service alone by the project manager was insane. He went out of his way to make sure any concern was taken care of to the point that he came one day to do something that wasn't even in his role, and it was burying a drain pipe. He did it himself. I was super impressed. I was going on vacation, and we hadn't had a fence up yet and I was concerned about leaving the pool exposed without a fence because it's a huge hole. I don't want kids going back there and falling in. He brought me a temporary fence to put around my area without me even asking for it. He was like, "Hey, let's, for safety, gonna do this. I know you're going away. So here you are." It was pretty cool. He was already thinking about those same things.

The scheduling team was amazing from the beginning. It was like a shared responsibility. There were three different scheduling departments. All of them were awesome. I never had any kind of serious issues with anything. I still have one pending thing to be done on the pool that's going to be wrapped up here when it gets warmer. It's something very small, but it can’t be applied during the cold winter months, so they have to wait until it heats up. Then my pool will be completely done. I would always be like, "Yeah, don't go with anyone else. Go with Anthony & Sylvan. They'll take care of you."

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Anthony & Sylvan built us a freeform pool with a hot tub. We haven’t really been able to use it that much because it didn’t get finished until later in the year. So, we’ve only been in it a few times with the hot tub. But our interaction with their design consultants were pretty good and we enjoyed working with them. The construction was good as well. But there was one issue where the crew had not dug the pipes deep enough. So, that caused a delay of about a month because the work didn't have the same design that we had. It just didn't get communicated all the way through to the crew that was doing it. But then they came in and they fixed it afterwards. We like our pool now and we’re happy with with the quality. We're excited to be able to start using it coming up this year.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We reached out to Anthony & Sylvan in early April and we finally signed and got the process started late summer. They did a rectangular pool. We haven't been able to use it yet because it was finished in late October but we have a heater-chiller so we're gonna be able to get in it earlier than most people that don't have a heater. In July, August, we'll be able to keep it cool and refreshing as opposed to it being like a hot tub.

The scheduling was kind of questionable. We would get notice day of sometimes. We even got a notice that contractors would be here after they were already here. Other than that, everything went well. The project manager was great. He was in contact. He was out every other week or so. He’d send us an email and picture. Most of the subcontractors that they brought in here to do the work were good. They cleaned up after themselves and didn't make a big mess. There was one that left some garbage but overall, they were probably better than I expected. We have a couple of folks that have been inquiring with us and reaching out to Anthony & Sylvan as well.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I saw Anthony & Sylvan's little trucks little on my neighborhood during the period of COVID and a lot of people started getting pools at the time. Then, I did more research and for the Charlotte area, they were the largest game in town. I wanted the security of a bigger company in case something didn't go right and I went with them. The pool they gave me looks really nice and as well as the yard. It is a standard pool with a couple of waterfalls. But it's all the stuff that goes with it that makes it look really good.

I worked with four people at Anthony & Sylvan. The first guy that I worked with was a sales guy named Tim and at first, things were going well. But I really saw his follow-up. He was a Jersey guy and he had this attitude about him that kind of said, "Do things my way or you don't get it done." And when you have a pool being built, you got the family all excited, and you realize it's a construction project. And the reality is, it's going be a war zone back there, so you're trying to get the family prepared for that.

I lead a $20,000,000,000 organization myself and I have salespeople. So I know salespeople and I know behaviors and good bedside manners. In this particular case, I felt that he was really all about the sale because he would constantly tell me that I was not the only one that he was selling to and they were busy. I understood but I did have questions. And I wanted time with him, which I should have with him to make sure that everything was taken care of.

Then, I come to find out that everything was not always taken care of. He told me that he would have permitting for the house prior to me getting approval from the HOA but it took him three additional weeks to get the permitting. When I called the office, he had not even submitted anything for permitting and it took a lot longer just to get the dang permit on the window. So he wasn't telling the truth along the way and that really bothered me. So, we went at it a little bit and it got down to the point where he said that sometimes, customers should let go and if it was not what I wanted, then maybe Sylvan was not going to be the place for me.

But I knew that the problem was with him and not the organization. He pulled that on me on the day of the construction meeting and I said no because I knew my wife would be totally upset. I told them to go ahead through with the construction meeting because the way I saw the process was I only really had to deal with him through the selling of the process. And we'd already had a lot of pain from him. Our house is like a limewash white and when we were going through the selling process, he never said that it was like buying a home and you got selections of brick and different things like that. So I had to beg him to get us to the showroom and he told us to meet him there on Saturday.

So, we went there and he started talking about the different levels and we got a price that was quite much different than what he quoted because he was quoting the basic level. Then, their basic selection only had two types of stone and they were both brown. So that day, I spent an additional $5,000 to select the right stone for this pool and I was not happy. Tim needs to go back to sales training.

After he moved out of the way, I got the construction guy and his name was Jeremy. Jeremy was much better and I felt that he actually cared. I realized that they were extremely busy and I felt that he was checking in every now and then. If I needed him, I could get him. And he sat down and went over how the whole construction project would go. He was good from beginning to end and that part of the process with him worked really well. Then, I was really excited with the next reps I worked with, Walter and Emma. For me, they saved the day along with Jeremy because they were on point and they would follow up. While it was a little difficult getting ahold of them sometimes, because they were running through the warehouse or they would be wherever, they got back to me and they answered my question. They also let me know when things were due. They really did a good job and they were happy people.

I've also watched Anthony & Sylvan do some other pools and I know that they do third parties. Now, I have stone around my pool and I have not had the final team that was supposed to come by. When the third party company called out of the blue and said that they needed to do the final close of the contract, I asked what was left to do that I should be interacting with them. But if I have to do another walkthrough, I would tell Anthony & Sylvan that I was not 100% comfortable with the third party who did the stone around the pool.

They've already been back once to put back some of the stones that fell down when we had a storm. And when I looked behind there, they didn't come with additional concrete on the outside and laid the stones. So the guy had to come back and put the stone up. Then I told them that they missed some spots and I was afraid that at some other point, they would have to return because the stone might come off because I didn't see them to be extremely detailed with the work. But they said it was good. So, I told them I'd be calling because I was not sure about that.

Other than that, everything else about the pool is okay. Also, while Anthony & Sylvan agreed to come back if I wanted additional schooling on the pool, I'm just paying somebody to come and do the pool because I ain't got time for all that. But I felt their class on it would be where a guy shows up, he runs through all the valves, he tells you about your pool, and after, he gives you a book and he's out of there. And if you've never changed filters on a pool or you've never done any of that stuff, it is overwhelming. It's like a freaking three-day course pumped into 15 minutes. It's a waste of their time actually because the customer is going to call them back again since it's just so much information.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the finished product, as well as I've got some questions. I'm happy I got it and I'm happy the process is over. Anthony & Sylvan's contractors that showed up did an okay job for the most part. The guy that was digging the hole, the excavator, I've never seen anybody move a Bobcat the way this guy could move a Bobcat. So he was awesome. But some of the other ones, not so much.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Anthony & Sylvan's design consultant was amazing. He understood the vision we had for the project. It was also a fast turnaround. The project manager was always available even weekends or when it was raining during construction. It was acceptable. My experience was pretty smooth. They were very professional. We weren't worried whatsoever during the process of what was going on.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I had an awesome rep from Anthony & Sylvan. The consultation design was positive. I did a freeform pool with a beach entry, which is my favorite part. But beyond the consultation, there was nothing positive about our build. It was horrible. There was an issue with time management. Everybody's excuse was COVID and I get it. But it became a point where COVID wasn't an excuse. When you tell me I have to pay $42,000 today or you will be not coming tomorrow, I will hold up my end of the deal. If you don't show up for two and a half weeks, that's kind of an issue.

Anthony & Sylvan could have been honest and said, "Our build crew walked out on us and we don't have anybody to send." That would have been way better than lying and I would have been way more understanding. I found out three months later what really happened. Every step of the way, Anthony & Sylvan missed something. If it wasn't for us catching everything, our pool would not have been what we purchased by any means. It's not even done properly. They would forget to put in a waterfall and the heater. They forgot to put in the bubblers and the deck jets.

The other thing would be if they set an appointment, they should come to it and not tell me, "I'm sorry, you're too far away." They shouldn't have taken the job. The subs were amazing and they did their part. But the project manager only came out here a total of two times during the whole build. He would say that everything was great when it wasn't.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

My wife found Anthony & Sylvan through internet searches and we have a next-door neighbor who had an estimate from them. We talked to them and we ended up getting a 42 feet long pool. It's roughly 18 feet or so wide, six feet deep in the deep end, and three and a half feet in the shallow end, with a gradual and fairly steep slope down into the deep end. It’s made of a PebbleTec base on the bottom and it's full inground. It has two skimmers, two drains, a heater, and salt. We use salt instead of chlorine once it warms up.

Our pool looks really nice but right now, we haven't been able to use it yet because it was installed and really didn't get in the ground for use until October. And we're in Southern North Carolina so it was cool enough that it really wasn't too pleasant to go into the pool, except for my grandkids who enjoyed it for a week or two before it got too cold. But we're looking forward to using it here in the spring, and using a heater to warm it up a little bit to start with so we a few extra weeks on winter to spring end of it.

We had a really good experience with Anthony & Sylvan's reps. They were helpful, gave us suggestions, and did a good job of keeping the many different contractors working fairly well. We had some delays and it was a very busy time here, with the COVID and a lot of people putting in pools. But they got the pool in the ground and finished correctly. So, we didn't have any major things where things would have been redone. But I wish it was done a little faster. It was finished four weeks later than we expected to have it done and that was a major concern of people in that period. It was because of the demand and they can only do so much for so many people in so many days, so I understand. But the quality of the workmanship is great and I haven't had any problems with anything yet. So, I'm happy with that part.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The project manager Adam was terrible. He never called back. He was hard to get ahold of. He did not inspect anything after each thing was done. He just walked, stood in one area and looked at it, and then went back to his truck and wrote up a little report. Because of that, we're having so many issues with it. There were multiple leaks. They were trying to argue that there were none but sent leak detection out, and they found it. Then they have not put a light cover on the sun shelf on the little LED yet. They came out and replaced it 'cause it didn't have a cover, but they still didn't put the threaded cap on it, so they just caulked it. When you touch it, the caulk just turns to powder because it's getting wet. Then the scheduler is non-existent. We'll call her, and then it's days before we hear back, and there's still no solution, just excuses.

The only positive thing to say about is Ron, our design consultant. If we need something done, because we can't get through to the scheduler or anyone else, we contact him and he has something done about it almost instantly. Ron has been great. Nobody else has been cooperative. It's been a huge hassle getting anything done about it.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

The sales guy that was here seemed to be the easiest to work with. His initial design seemed to include the things we wanted already. So, Anthony & Sylvan's sales guy/designer kind of started already where we were, gave a price and a design for what we were asking initially. Also, Anthony & Sylvan does a lot of business. So I didn't get the sense that in a year or two they were gonna fold and no longer be here to support any sort of warranty or not help us anymore.

For the pool design, they had something back within four or five days. It was all on a software that we could get a true 3D design on the computer and you can kinda plug and play on the computer to see exactly how the layout would look in our backyard. But we weren't happy with our project manager. He seemed to not keep us in tune with what was going on. There were some other options that we could’ve had as things were occurring but we weren't aware until things were done. He didn't seem to communicate anything. It seemed like whenever we would talk to him, he'd be like, "Remind me what you guys were doing again," or we would be reminding him and saying, "Don't you have a file? What's going on?" I'd have to ask three or four times. He didn't seem very organized.

The crews would show up and start going in your backyard. There was supposed to be a scheduling person, but they might say they were coming tomorrow at noon, and all of a sudden, I got 10 guys on my fence at 6:30 in the morning. So my expectations seemed different. Also, they drove up my driveway and cracked it but they told me that they were not responsible for that. But overall, it was a good job. The pool looks great and the design was great. But the overall project could have been managed better and it could have been smoother.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

We got an in-ground pool with the shell. It's black with blue tile, and it's beautiful. It has the bubble ups in it. It also has the pebblestone. It works great. My little grandchildren love the pool and hanging out and play in it. When the designer came here, he listened to what we wanted and drew up a picture and showed it to us and it was great. All the teams that came here were awesome. Everybody was super nice. It was a pleasure working with them. If I have to do another pool, I'll be calling them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

The designer was as knowledgeable as he could be without being one of the actual tradesmen. We got a geometric pool installed and we had some problems with the sprinkler system getting damaged, and we had a little bit of pushback about Anthony & Sylvan covering that cost. So my mom had to contact the local owner on Facebook to get a response. That could have been better. But in the end, we did get it worked out. It's a process when you're dealing with so many different service people.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We got a free form pool with a lazy river spa and a sunken fire pit from Anthony & Sylvan. The design consultant was great and the project manager was very receptive and helpful. But, the scheduling and administration side of the company was absolutely horrifying and non-communicative. They would schedule people who wouldn't show up and they wouldn't let us know. They were defensive when asked what was going on. A project that was supposed to be 12 to 14 weeks ended up being 20. Also, the crew did not clean up.

Anthony & Sylvan should be more proactive with their communication. I understand everybody's working under COVID but they should make sure they are communicating to me instead of me having to reach out to them. It's a big investment that I'm making and they should have some customer service talking to people, especially the VP and Director of Operations. Those two seemed very entitled and they didn't care about our concern. We love the final product but we hated the people we worked with to get there. We would definitely not recommend them to our friends.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Going with Anthony & Sylvan went really well. The rep did a good job but I think it was a little misleading 'cause after the pool was drawn out, it looked too small so we ended up adding. Whenever we added something, he gave us a roundabout figure but the cost ended up being a lot more. Though we haven't used it yet, the quality of our pool is awesome and we're gonna love it. It has three different benches with umbrella holes, a sun deck and a hot tub.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Anthony & Sylvan's rep and I bounced ideas off each other and we came to a good agreement. They gave us a 3D picture of everything so we could see how everything was gonna lay out. The girl in the office was really good at updating me when the installers were coming in. She also told me the things they are supposed to have done if they came. She told me that if something isn't done, I should let them know. We like the shape and features of our Anthony & Sylvan freeform pool. It has a bump out tanning ledge and a bump out little eating area. We've been enjoying family time with our girls.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

We're very happy with Anthony & Sylvan so far. They provide great customer service and take care of customers regardless of any issues and obstacles we ran into throughout the process. One area of improvement would be to have a better schedule of knowing when contractors are expected to be at my place. We had instances when we didn't think anybody was gonna come for the day and someone shows up. That creates issues like if we need to get out of our garage and there's a truck in our driveway, we can't get out. Other than that, the quality of the pool is fine. Everything's to what we expected and to our standards.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I have a 20,000-gallon pool, kidney-shaped, rock wall in the back with a couple of waterfall features coming off the back of it. I like the depth, the size, and the waterfall feature of it. The design consultant listened to what we wanted and they drew it up and made whatever changes that we wanted to make. All around good experience for the company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I found Anthony & Sylvan by searching around Google and chose them. They are a larger company that has a lot more positive reviews online and their presentation is the most detailed. The people were super responsive and easy to work with. They communicated pretty well. Our construction manager was Mike and he was out here very often and always took time to check in and make sure we were happy and didn't have any questions about what was going on. They helped me work with another local company, CCR Backyard Designs, to handle a lot of the hardscape work. Corey, who's the owner of that company, was also super great to work with and really helped to tie everything together at the end. It's great to have that pool to get out of the heat from the hot summers we have here in Charlotte. I love how it goes with the rest of the backyard. It's a nice centerpiece there to look at even when we're not in it.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Company Information