Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.14/5

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Over the years, I have had a 62 inch big screen last for years till it got outdated, had the ability to watch 2 shows at once. Could browse through every channel like out of The Brady Bunch. I have had a Sony DVD player. It's the best. Can hold a ton of DVDs. Plays perfectly. I had a Sony Xplod sound car system with the surrounding audio auto correct button to make it sound perfectly. I had a Sony amp with 20hz to 20,000htz. Worked like a champ. I had a HiFi system. Sounds perfectly. The best audio equipment arround hands down. And they never break. I love Sony stuff.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I like a picture that is clear as water. Our Aquos Sharp is a 10 as far as the clearness goes, but the Sony is in close running. I like the look, lightness in weight, sleek design, and functionality. We have the set up with a Sony Theater sound system. At one point when we were watching Oz the Great and Powerful, in 3D, our little granddaughter ended up disappearing at the blink of an eye! I looked around and she had jumped behind the sofa because "the lion was going to get her." Clear video/great sound!

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

This TV has a fantastic picture. It is by far the best TV we have ever purchased. And it's at least our 10th in our lifetime. If any of you reading this review are wondering which brand to buy, please take time to investigate Sony and put it up against any other brand of television. I personally always go to Best Buy, because their staff are very educated, helpful and will not lead you the wrong way.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Sony I feel has always been a leader in the electronics field from both cameras and video cameras to vcr’s and DVD players, to the “Walkman” and especially when it came to TV’s. They revolutionized TV’s when they developed and introduced the ‘Trinitron’ TV. The picture clarity and quality were a huge advancement In the TV industry. I have two Sony 4K UHD TV’s and two DVD players (one HD Blue Ray and one 4K UHD) and we absolutely love them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I currently have a Sony OLED TELEVISION. The unit shows a definitive black color and produces great color in other colors. The sound is pretty good using the unit without secondary speakers. This would be my fourth Sony and at this point the set is performing very well. With it being one of the newer units it is thin and easy to place on the wall or on a stand. There are sufficient ports to play and play other add on items such as speakers, Blu Ray, etc.

Original review: June 25, 2020

In 2017 I purchased a XBR65A1E TV for $5,600.00, one morning it stopped working and started to flush 5 times. I Called Sony and they send me to authorized repair shop. Technician determined that I need new panel and there is no warranty. I asked them to fix it and I will pay whatever the cost is. Then they told me that Sony is not distributing these parts in Canada, US only, and that I am not the only Sony customer with this problem. We tried to source it in the US, the answer was: Sony is not producing it anymore and if I had extended warranty, which was never offered to me at the time of purchase, they would just swap the TV for me. It’s been now 4 (four) month and still no help from anyone. Sony is bouncing me from one place to another without giving me a solution. Never ever buying Sony product again! Outrageous!

Original review: June 3, 2020

Never, ever will we purchase Sony again! Disgraceful & we are so regretful. We purchased our 75inch Bravia in 2016 for our new house about a year prior to moving in. We started using it 2017 when we moved in for about 2.5 years 'roughly'.... In the first year 2017, TV went blank, flashed red light 3 times - Sony repaired & that was working for another 2 years, then... blank again.. Flashing for 5 or 6 times to memory.. They quoted us through their repair centre in Melbourne/Moorabin around $4,000 to repair it!?? Sony would not fix it - out of warranty - that's fine but we were not paying more to repair than what it's actually worth to buy.

So, Sony told us we could buy another TV - so we did! 5 months later from the start of this entire dispute,... Sony email me to ask how we are going, if we ended up buying a new TV?? Weird right? I told them, they were the ones who told us to buy another "from Sony" so we did - we paid for another one! Then... Sony emailed back said they need to take our damaged TV?? Ha? We have paid for that TV in 2016 when we bought it, it's ours right?? And it's been months since we resolved issue as they asked us to pay for a new TV!

We bought that original 75 inch TV from the Good Guys Narre Warren Victoria Australia in 2016!!!! Seriously I am fuming. Sony is nowhere near what we expected. Absolute dogs. Disgrace!!!! In fact, we have paid for both our TVs, really they should have given us a new one for free - I would have understood reason to ask to collect damaged one. But no way should they make you buy a new one and months later pop up and ask to take our own TV that's damaged that they wouldn't fix!!!! Wow.

Original review: April 16, 2020

My less than 2 year old XBR-85X850F suddenly went black and was dead. The warranty is only for a year. The error code reads 6 red flashes. Many have reported the same issue also in less than 2 years. The solution is a $1,200 repair and who knows how long that would last. I was a devout Sony customer for many products, this is my last Sony purchase. Like others have posted, their customer service is useless.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought 65' TV Sony XBR series TV, in October 2019. The TV developed quite noticeable dark areas (& not dark spots) around the edges of the screen. I have known Sony to be a reliant brand, known for excellent picture quality all my mature life, so this was very unexpected. The TV also resets the Wifi connection. Knowing the reputation of the brand, I contacted the customer care to help me. A software update was pending on the TV which was updated to the current version, however, the dark portions of the screen remain unresolved.

The customer care requested I share photos & post review they came back stating that the 'TV performed in conformance to market specifications' & the LED/LCD panel functioned appropriately. When I inquired about 'market specifications', I was contacted to research the website of Sony. The tech support staff argues that there is no malfunction in TV owing from their remote review. While the TV may not technically have any malfunction, however, the visual experience is awful.

There is no place, no document, no product description which states that darkening of screen while normal viewing is appropriate, I do understand the the LED panel may leave temporary spots here & there from a typical viewing pattern, however, challenge with the TV I have is distinguishable. There are many cheaper TVs available in the market & one buys a Sony for excellent visual experience, especially since the brand is built around excellence in quality. I am very unhappy with the product & more so unhappy with the Tech support/ customer relations. One does spend 3-4 times over the cheaper brands to experience this poor quality. I wouldn't say that I won't recommend Sony as this might be an isolated instance, but the treatment of a customer who pays such a high premium for the brand is abysmal.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Issue Regarding :TV getting switch off/on automatically continuously from 5 months approx with regular recorded complaints. Model no: KLV-32W622F Purchased on 17th August 2018. I Bimal ** again highlighting you the same issue to you, like I did earlier many times for below same complaint. However till date there was no satisfactory results were achieved. I never heard or experienced any product that will have failure on the core part of the product within 1.5 Years and same issue is getting streched to even up to 7 complaints.

TV was purchased on 17th August 2018 And facing the Issue from Nov 2019, 15th Month from purchased month. And now almost 5 months are getting over with repeatedly same complaint do you really understand the kind of mental trauma I am facing here with this current scenario just because of this. Please have a look on regular complaint on same issues, already 7 complaints were done and twice the motherboard were replaced by service centre. Below is dated summary of complaint.

Complaint Number 1 - ** dated 30th Nov, 2019. Complaint Number 2 - ** dated 10th Dec, 2019..10 days after 1st complaint. Complaint Number 3 - ** dated 19th Dec, 2019..09 days after 2nd complaint. Complaint Number 4 - ** dated 25th Dec, 2019..06 days after 3rd complaint. Complaint Number 5 - ** dated 29th Jan, 2020..1 month 4 days after 4th complaint. Complaint Number 6 - ** dated 12th Feb,2020..14 days after 5th complaint. Complaint Number 7 - ** dated 03rd Mar, 2020...20 days after 6th complaint.

Now the current scenario is that assigned service centre answered us that, "Your TV will go Head Office and now they will review and resolve this issue." I am failed to understand that what kind of disaster management is happening here, as it's happening when I am chasing regularly to the service centres. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I AM REALLY EXHAUSTED, HOW MANY TIMES STILL I HAVE TO COMPLAIN AGAINST THE SAME ISSUE. Please note this time, I am really not interested to know the reason that what it is so difficult that cannot be resolved. Regular complaint is just a resultant that either you are trying wash off hands with it or you Sony is now NOT CAPABLE/BOTHERED TO MAKE TRUSTED PRODUCTS/RELATIONSHIPS

I really wanted to request you to please help accept this junk box with you, and request you to please provide me new tv as replacement of this. Not sure, if Sony Bravia taking care of its customer like they do not want to have repeated business, now I will never ever encourage anyone to buy sony product if this issue is not solved further without any money. Awaiting quick and positive response from you urgently.

Bimal

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team