4.16/5
Based on 1,071 ratings submitted in the last year

1645 Sony TVs Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 10, 2019

It's largely about Black. I judge TV picture performance by how well they do the color Black. If you have a good Black, the other colors "pop" better because of greater contrast. Since the old days of Sony "Trinitron" tube sets, SONY has always mastered the blackest blacks. Love their products & never had any need to return or repair one. Maybe the pricing could be a little more competitive but I can recommend SONY quality to anyone, anytime.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased my 65" Sony Bravia in 2010. Use it every day and often for hours at a time. Its picture clarity and colors have been consistently excellent. I don't use the speakers as I go through my receiver for surround sound. I haven't updated the firmware in a few years. When I first bought the unit I also purchased the wireless USB to connect it to my wifi. In the beginning it worked great. As new wireless features (apps) were added. Unfortunately they weren't available to add to the TV so ultimately I started using other wireless streaming attachments. The first one was a Roku, and now Fire TV which works great. Because of the HDMI input to the TV I'm able to turn the TV on from Fire TV remote which simultaneously turns on the receiver (Pioneer brand). All and all a solid TV albeit that is 9 years old but still works great!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I like a picture that is clear as water. Our Aquos Sharp is a 10 as far as the clearness goes, but the Sony is in close running. I like the look, lightness in weight, sleek design, and functionality. We have the set up with a Sony Theater sound system. At one point when we were watching Oz the Great and Powerful, in 3D, our little granddaughter ended up disappearing at the blink of an eye! I looked around and she had jumped behind the sofa because "the lion was going to get her." Clear video/great sound!

Original review: March 5, 2019

There are 2 issues with this TV that would make the it better. 1. Trying to adjust screen size through the menu selection. It is not the most user friendly I have ever seen. It is confusing but can be done but it is not easy. 2. There is not enough HDMI inputs. There are only 2 which make it difficult to add the vast array of equipment that wants to connect to HDMI. So you have to change them or unplug what you want to use at the time. There should be a minimum of 4 on any TV sold today.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The use of six colors, rather than the typical three, combined with eight scan zones which provide twice to four times the effective scan rate of typical competitors, results in a superior video experience. My set is seven years old and as good as any 1080p set out there. This is where the value in a major electronics product becomes evident. My A/V system handles most of the interface functions. Sony allowed me to spend my money on what matters rather than a bunch of duplicated whistles and bells that are better handled by my A/V and surround sound system. The use of a Gorilla Glass viewing surface has proven to be very durable, easy to clean surface and the minimal bezel creates a great unified look to my entertainment center fixtures.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought a Sony Bravia 40 inch LED TV. Just after a year horizontal lines started to appear on screen. Changing the panel to rectify this issue will cost half of the price of a new T.V. Now I am looking for a LED TV with longer warranty, not bothering about brand.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Bought a 75" Bravia @ SM MOA Appliance Center for a sale price of P86,700.00 last June 5, 2019 & delivered last June 07. Upon unboxing screen has a large crack. Immediately report to Sony & retail store. They refuse to replace the unit & said warranty void due to MISUSED. I did not even get a chance to use it! Sony suggestion is to repair the unit for P120k. They even told me they will give 50% discount. I already file a formal complaint to DTI Mediation Div & report MODUS to various news organization for investigation & expose. DO NOT BUY SONY PRODUCTS!! Dennis.

Original review: June 12, 2019

So I purchased a 55" Sony Bravia TV. Picture is good but I have had ongoing issues with the sound not being in sync with the picture. I have tried everything! There are an unbelievable amount of videos on how to fix this? That should tell you right off there is a problem. I have been a Sony fan my whole life but Sony dropped the ball big time. I am going to go look at Samsung TV's as I don't even want to watch this TV because of the delay. I would not recommend a Sony TV at this time.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have a Sony LED TV that requires some repair. I had visited the Sony Center in Indiranagar, Bangalore for support and they gave me a number to call and lodge a service request. The address and number that was given by Sony Center was of some service center by name Sonnet Care. When I called this number, the person that received my call just took my number and said that someone will attend to this issue. No official docket or service request number was issued. Further it's been four days since I have issued this service request with this service center and till date no technician has arrived.

I have called this number nearly thrice in the past four days and till date no single technician has arrived till date. I did not expect this kind of unprofessional and irresponsibility from Sony. In the first place there is no formal and proper service resolution process – no ticket or docket number, no SLAs or anything as such. And moreover, service is entirely “Zero”. The Sony Brand is totally poor in services.

Original review: May 25, 2019

The TV is not up to mark. It's became faulty on one year one month. In my Tharavad house also the TV of Sony became faulty. So quality is a question. The response from the service centre was poor. Initially it was impressive but... I fed up with it after buying it for Rs. 95000/-.

Original review: May 18, 2019

My husband and I purchased a TV last May and the Sony we had before lasted for many years. Long story short this 4K lasted less than a year. They do NOT comply with their warranties. Sony Electronics has gone downhill and we will NEVER purchase another Sony. They don’t care about our complaints! Most of us who purchase something don’t have disposable money to waste! THEY DO so they can’t relate so therefore why would they care? I would give zero stars, but that option isn’t available. I am disgusted with Sony over this warranty and TV situation and the fact that they don’t care about their customers is repugnant!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have the top of the line Sony from last year (2017) the A1 OLED and overall I am happy with the product. I would recommend buying this product. The only downside is the large back panel. Overall good TV.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My 60 inch Sony Bravia was purchased in 11/2014 and I think the TV's picture is as clear as lower priced 4K TVs & the audio combined with my Sony Blu-Ray Amp is great! The TV is no longer in production as 4K has become the standard but a Sony 4K TV has risen to an unbeatable position with their OLED TVs.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My Sony is 2.5 years. After a Sony update it will no longer turn on. I tried to call Sony but they don't care. I also tried a reset and that does not work either. So I went to Google and found that a tremendous amount of people are having the same problem. I will not spend any amount of money to fix this especially that it is 2.5 years old. I have never had a TV go down this fast. Sony will never get any business from me again after this bad experience.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This TV cannot play the majority of video formats (e.g. MKV). The TV has in-built advertisements. YOU CANNOT REMOVE ADVERTISEMENTS FROM THE HOME SCREEN OF THEIR TVs. The model of the TV is 55XE8577. My parents bought it prior to the football world championship of the year 2018. It was/is one of the the higher-end models. Anyways, it's been some 6 months since the purchase and my God has that TV turned out to be a waste of ** 1000€. On the first day we discovered that it cannot play most video codes. It only supports some specific Sony format and a few more. My parents have a NAS storage housing the collection of all the digital things they've purchased, which is from where they (and then I) attempted playing their movies.

Overall a horrible device. I'm basic this review on my thus far experience with my personal two previous LG Smart TV which both did not have and still do not have neither the dictated advertisements in the home-screen menu, nor the handicapped external storage movie reproduction. Both of those LG TV were less than half the price of this piece of **.

Original review: April 14, 2019

This company tv not affordable and product is not good. My Sony Bravia 32 inch tv I buy 1 year 6 months ago. 1st year warranty close but panel warranty is 2 years. On this condition my tv is on display scratches but company not replaced the panel and check the tv. Engineer fee is 200 to 180 search problem between warranty time.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I wanted to give 0 star to Sony however they don't allow. That's the reason I had to give 1 star. Sony is the worst company ever. Even worst is a smaller word for it. It's been just 1 1/2 years and my YouTube has major problems. First they claimed it to be an internet problem but then it turned out to be a hardware problem. The west zone head - Sunil ** acclaimed that the motherboard of the TV needs to be replaced. Now you all only tell me if the main board of my TV needs to be replaced what will the value of my TV be then. The main head of Sony is so noncooperative that they refused to give an replacement to my TV. Please don't buy any products from Sony company unless and until you want to waste your money.

Original review: April 2, 2019

The Sony OLED (2019) 55” is the worst TV I have ever purchased, not to mention expensive. And the service is lousy. We purchased the TV in Dec 2018 from Best Buy. The TV jumps from channel to channel for no reason or leaps over channels. If you attempt to scroll through channels, the TV will jump to the highest HD channel and if you attempt to scroll down, it jumps to analogue channels.

Sony claims the next software upgrade due in month or two will fix the problem. In the meantime, since Dec, we’ve had nothing but problems. If you call service be prepared to spend an hour or two, as no one has an answer only delays. Recently, we’ve had trouble with apps on the Sony such as Netflix, which requires you to go to settings, empty, cache, memory, resign in, etc. No problem like this occurs with my iPad or Microsoft computer, only Sony. It has been a miserable experience. Do not buy the junk I’m fighting. Problems.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The TV needed repair within the first year. After 2 1/2 years it had no picture through cable. Off to the repairman who said it was the HDMI that needed replacement for over $300 without shipping and labor! What a lemon! Won't buy Sony again!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have a Sony Bravia TV. It is unable to stream Amazon Prime without a constant message stating Browser will be closed due to Internal Error. Sony says this cannot be corrected. I will trash the Sony and buy a Samsung.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been using Sony products for the last 25 years. I have never been disappointed with their products, especially the televisions. The picture on my current model, a 46" smart HDTV is excellent. It couples with the audio equipment I have used for the last 15 years. I am very happy.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Sony has always made great products and they stand behind their quality. We have had this tv for few years and have never had any issues with it. The picture, number of HDMI ports and other connection ports are easy to access and use.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Great TV. Never had any issues. Hired a professional to help set up a Harmony remote control. Size and picture is great. 72” but not 4K. I’ve always been a Sony fan. Price was steep which now you can buy bigger/better for less. That’s the only problem with technology is that it’s outdated very quickly.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Every television manufacturer goes through a period of producing good TVs and not so good TVs. Sony seems to be one of the more reliable manufacturers. Decide what you want for features and try to avoid the gimmicks.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Sony top model from 2016 Z9D still in production and now I know why. This set produces a flawless picture with shadow detail the best I have ever seen. Details while watching a movie reminded me of what you see play while video games on a high end gaming system.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This model needs updating, that you need to pay for unless you pay extra for service. It does not match up with Netflix very well at all. We are constantly trying to update our television. Also need to resign in for Netflix due to problems with tv.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Sony has the crispest most true color picture of any TV I've ever owned. I have an LG which also has a great picture but not even close to the Sony Bravia 65XBR850. Samsung’s Picture was fake color and Sharp's picture looked washed out.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Overall, it is one of the best TVs that I have ever owned. When shopping for TVs, I consult consumer reports; then I read about the complaints and reviews of current customers. I then do a comparison study with other brands... From all of this, I make my final choice and buy the thing.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Very good value for the money and very reliable, good color, good sound and space saving due to the size (32" screen). Easy to move and clean around, good auxiliary attachments facilities. Very user friendly remote control unit.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased a Sony XBR. The picture is exceptional. The colors are vibrant and I like the fact you adjust the picture size. I realize there are many options today and I have many Sony products in my home and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend the products.

Sony TVs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, researchers and movie and TV connoisseurs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs