3.9/5 (601 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Sony TVs

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have purchased Sony XBR65X850C 5 years by paying $1799 in 11-22-2015, now it doesn't turn on. Sony support didn't help me to fix it. I am deeply concerned the tv product quality as sony doesn't good support center.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

The television worked fine for about 6 months. All of sudden, it would not turn on. Placed a service call, of which the representative could barely understand me and kept entering my email information wrong. It delayed my service order 4 days. When I followed up, the other rep said my email was incorrect. Now that I have an active service order, it shows parts were ordered and would not be fixed for another 6 day. This is totally acceptable. A new TV should have been shipped and the broken one returned. Highly unlikely I will ever purchase a Sony TV again....

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I purchased this TV brand new from Best Buy. We had it installed and upon set up, there was a problem with the TV recognizing the Speak to the Remote technology. After countless hours of the set up crew talking to Sony, they ultimately asked the question... "Is this a must have feature for you to keep the TV?" - I said no but what can be done for it being defective? I was told a note with the service record would be created and that in the future if I needed a new TV, Sony would give me a discount on a future purchase. Sounded good to me.

Recently I went to purchase a New TV, upon calling Sony, they told me they couldn't find any service records and blamed Best Buy in the process. Of course, Best Buy and the people who know all about the defect are all long gone~! One big Lie after Another. Sony should stand behind its products or The USA should provide consumer protection for such issues to be resolved.

I'm writing this review now since my research on similar products from the same Company here in the USA and Sony are both mentioned. We the consumer need some recourse when companies simply lie! Yes there are records with Sony directly from my conversations and phone calls yet they refuse to do anything. Ban Sony from the USA market!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I purchased two Sony XBR- 75Z8H TVs 10 months ago. One failed after six months of use. Sony replaced the TV under warranty and I was to box the failed TV for them to pick up. I have been waiting 2 months for them to pick up this 150 pound box from my house. I have repeatedly told them I do not have room to hold this tv which is very dangerous to my family.

Original review: July 6, 2021

The Sony Bravia “smart” TV is not very smart. It shows you an on-screen message about a needed update then jumps into the update giving you a blank screen - that’s right… zero instructions. You have to go online to find out that if you press buttons on the remote trying to revive the screen, you could damage TV. A real “smart” TV would alert the user on-screen appropriately about what is going on and would provide guidance before updating and going blank.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Purchased 50 inch tv 2 years ago. The company sent a message to download an update. When I did the tv never worked. Discussions with customer service said Not their responsibility. They caused the problem. I’m out 900.00 with no local Sony repair outlet. How dare they treat me this way. No suggestions to rebate, replace, or repair. I will mention this to all. Hopefully Sony will get the message!

Original review: June 15, 2021

I purchased two 55" TVs in December. The model is 55X75OH. There has been a recent "update " apparently to accommodate AppleTV--however these sets, manufactured only last year, will not allow one to download the App. No doubt, this is because SONY made a deal with ANDROID to not permit it.

Original review: May 25, 2021

This review is vital in consumers in making a high-end television purchase. Please beware of the 75"Sony XBR75X950G television. This television without any prior warning lost the screen and will not display anything other than sound. I had a professional television and surround sound company analyze the television as well as have spoken to Sony customer service to confirm all settings and it appears that within 21 months the television has become defective and a screen will not appear. Sony has now requested that I take it to a third party and have it repaired on my own other than send a technician to our home. A $3000.00 television defective within 2 years is terrible and the service of the customer service team is unacceptable.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Hello, I bought Sony Bravia 75" TV (Model No:- KDL75W850C), Serial no:- 3156580 . I paid a huge amount for this TV. I was very happy. But after four years, it just stopped working. It started flashing red lights 6 times with no picture on the screen. I contacted Sony Support. I was very disappointed with their answer. They said, they can not repair it. I mean seriously, It's Sony product and they can not repair it. Wow. I felt very disappointed and frustrated. Instead of repairing they offered me 20% discount on new TV. I want my TV repair and I do not want to spent more money on new TV.

What's the point in buying Sony products when they can not repair their own product. It's just a big name, but they do not have resources and they can not repair anything. Just robbing money out of people's pocket. This was the last time I bought any Sony product. I suggest other people also not to go for Sony Products. They are not worth it. They do not stand for their product.

Original review: April 2, 2021

On 2/17/21 I purchased a Sony XBR65X900H TV from Best Buy. The TV was set up by the techs from Best Buy. They did a great job. After a few weeks, the TV lost audio. I pressed the help button on the remote and was able to get the audio back. Decided to call Sony to see why this happened to an almost $1400 TV. Was told they were aware of the issue, and a software fix was being worked. Note: This was all done through the online chat. The 1st level tech told me we can do some things to the TV. Thinking she knew what she was doing, I went along with it. She kept sending me links. I was annoyed but willing to continue. She told me to shut the tv off via the button on the tv. Where is the button? She told me it was on the rear of the tv. My tv sits on a piece of furniture, it is 75", and I have neck issues. I told her it's impossible for me to move the tv or even get to the back of it.

After about 15 minutes of me moving furniture, climbing up on the furniture to try to get between the wall and the tv, she tells me the button is on the front of the tv! I was livid. Long story short, the customer service reps have no clue what they are doing. I requested her supervisor (2nd level tech?) who seemed more knowledgeable. He said he could set my tv so when the software was available, it would automatically download. We were disconnected. I called back and spoke to a 3rd level tech. By this time I was irate and demanded some compensation for them wasting 3 1/2 hours of my time. They don't care and do nothing for their customers! OMG. Had I known. Never will I ever purchase another Sony tv. The customer service is terrible and they just don't care.

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

Sony TVs Company Information