3.3/5 (2755 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Sony TVs

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: June 6, 2022

I purchased a 50" Sony KD50X85J TV on 7/1/21. Less than a year and there are vertical lines indicating failed LEDs in the lower screen. After trouble shooting with Sony, I was asked to submit photos of the problem so they could process a replacement of the unit. They came back saying it was not "under warranty" due to "damage to the screen".

This unit is mounted above a mantel and is never touched. It was fine at 10:30 in the morning and when I came back into the room at lunch - the black lines were there. They insist we damaged the screen and refuse to either send someone out to physically look at it; or to escalate the problem to a manager stating "their managers do not talk to customers". I'm not trying to scam Sony - we have 4 other Sony TVs in our house. And if we had hit it with something - I definitely would not be asking them to make it right! Their only offer was to sell me the same model at a slightly discounted price! Why would I buy something that has already failed on me once?? I am done with SONY - they will never be a replacement option for our future purchases!

Original review: April 20, 2022

I purchased a 55" Sony smart tv from Best Buy in Aug 2018. model XBR - 55x900f. The tv just died. It won't turn on. Geek Squad diagnosed it as a failed panel which is not repairable. I called Sony and they directed me to an authorized repair center. They said if it is the panel, it's not repairable. I spent $2,000 on this TV and got less than 4 years use. Unbelievable. Sony tvs are garbage. Don't buy one.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I bought a Sony Bravia 55" TV at the end of 2017 - it just stopped turning on - out of the blued - did all the force re-starts - was on with customer support - after trouble shooting, I was told there are no Sony authorized repairs near me (I live in the NYC area) and they suggested I find a TV repair shop. BYE.

Original review: March 13, 2022

How long does a TV last? I bought a Sony Bravia 65" less than 5 yrs ago from Costco and after 3 years it has a horizontal black line in the middle of the screen. Now it just won't power on after a life of 4 years 4 months. My LG and Samsung TV which are more than 10 yrs are still working. These reviews about Sony being reliable and good quality are all **.

Original review: March 8, 2022

Bought an A8H that died before 90 days. Panel died. No inventory so forced to take a TV I did not want. Now they’re back in stock but it’s too late for me. Worst buying experience of my 60 years. ARC rarely works now. Have to keep toggling HDMI control but that still only helps occasionally. User interface is counterintuitive, remote is poorly designed (constantly hitting voice control just using basic buttons), and the remote buttons are far too sensitive. Brush a button and you’re no longer watching what you were. Infuriating. Smart TV? It’s a marketing box that is not average consumer friendly. Stopped 4 people from buying Sony and several from using Best Buy and I’m just getting started. Anger burns longer than joy sings.

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2022

Sony will be sending a replacement TV.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased a Sony 65" X80J Smart TV from Best Buy on Jan 10, 2022. After waiting 10 days for delivery and 3 days for set up, TV worked fine until Feb 17, 2022. When suddenly a 10 inch black vertical ribbon appeared in middle of screen, flashing constantly. Best Buy says my 20 day old TV is not under warranty from them and go through Sony. Sony is assessing my picture and video of the problem to determine next steps. A brand new Sony TV should not have this issue after 20 days....poor construction and quality is obviously bad components. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I used to believe Sony was a good brand until I bought the 85 inch Sony Bravia TV. Do not waste your money. The picture quality is fine, but apps such as YouTube and Netflix simply do not work properly. It is that annoying that you’ll probably want to smash the TV. And support will ask you for videos and all sorts of ridiculous things that you cannot send via email. It’s all a dead end.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

Bought a Sony Bravia TV Model KDL43WF663 from John Lewis in July21. The TV never worked properly. When we finally decided to report it to John Lewis we're told it was under Sony’s 1 year warranty. For 4 months we are being played between Sony and JL. JL sent 2 engineers to fix the TV to no avail. They just can’t figure out what is wrong with it. Sony has cancelled their engineer twice and now is refusing to assist claiming they can only repair if the problem is with the TV panel. No one can tells us what is the problem.

We have a TV that has been faulty from the minute we bought it. It came with 5 years warranty but none of the two companies involved is willing to do anything about it. JL has now discontinued this model… Wonder why. Every time we call Sony they come up with a different excuse. We have all phone calls recorded and we will be uploading it on Instagram and Twitter. It’s shocking this is allowed to happen. Please don’t buy this model. It’s an absolute rubbish and you will be left out of pocket.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I purchased a Sony 65inch X90J TV and two months into ownership I noticed a cluster of what looked like dead pixels. I contacted Warranty support and after sending several pictures I was informed the based on their assessment my TV was operating in normal parameters. I spoke to number different people with no help and no way to appeal the decision. The last person named Mark was very rude. The kicker was that when they had made their final decision on my warranty service they send me a number to call to get the verdict. The number was not toll free and I was on the call for over an hour... 40 minutes of that was on hold. After the call ended I found out it cost me 30 dollars in long distance fees. Needless to say I was frustrated.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Bought 3 Sony tv within 1 month of each other. This one Sony turns on by itself and also now (something new) changes channels by itself. Tech support took control (5 factory resets later) and walked thru all my settings numerous times. Still the same, now they blame it on "GOOGLE" who is working on the problem. Yea well how come only this one tv has the problem when the SOFTWARE is exactly the same version on my other tv. Looking for a class action law suit to join. Do yourself a favor and listen to some of these reviews... If we hurt them in their pocket maybe they will step up to the plate and correct the many issues. Until then look for another tv brand.. Sony is no longer a top brand. Bruce in Ladson South Carolina.

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

Sony TVs Company Information