3.8/5 (422 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Sony TVs

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

It's 6 yrs we bought Sony TV, faced display issue in a year, got repaired paying 10k and now from past 2 months again display issue, they said T-con part issue and can't replace the part because part is not "supplied" and they aren't sure that part will be available in future. Offered another TV with with so called offer price. Fun part is the price they're offering is Higher. Will get same model for better price in electronics showrooms. Big time fake company. Doesn't agree that they've stopped manufacturing part. Please don't even have second thought buying sony TV.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We purchased a SONY Bravia TV, within 14 months the on switch was acting up, and now 3 years after purchase the TV's main circuit board has blown and the TV needs to be repaired. The repair services in Toronto for SONY minimal and very few that service their TVs, and are pathetic and very unprofessional. I talked to numerous overseas reps before I could get a repair number in Toronto, and of the 4 that I called none returned my call. It has been almost 10 days now, and I still have not had an adequate service call to repair it. SONY, it is no longer the product that it once was, as this particular 55" XBR 800 is a piece of junk.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

So I purchased one of Sony's new OLED (65 in.) TVs back in August 2021. 60 days later, it stopped working, and the fun began. It took me two weeks to finally get someone on the phone who could actually help me. They decided to send me a new TV. When it finally arrived, it was the WRONG TV. Now I've been waiting for another few weeks for them to send the right TV, which they still haven't done. So I've been without my brand new TV for over 5 weeks now. I asked Customer Service if they would be willing to upgrade my OLED to the 77in. TV for all the hassles it's taken to resolve this issue. My request was denied. Normally, I buy Samsung, or LG TVs, but I thought I'd take a chance on Sony. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

On December 8, 2020 my husband and I decided to upgrade our television. We purchased a Sony Bravia, Model #KD-75X750H, Serial No. 4000995 and while watching TV last night we noticed a bug on our TV. To our surprise the spider got in between the TV screen. Never in my life has this ever happened to me before. We were surprised. We contacted the 1-800 number on the warranty documents and were told that this is not part of the warranty and they cannot do anything for us. We were then told by Sony Canada to contact the store where we purchased the TV. Now why would they offer us a warranty and send us off to the store. We have also researched on our end and no matter where we got our information, this is supposed to be covered by the warranty. So we spend $1600 and not even a year later have an insect in our screen while trying to enjoy a good movie or sports game. Never will I ever purchase another Sony product in my life.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Great picture quality and 4k streaming. Have owned this TV for over 4 years, no problems at all. 55 inch viewing is awesome with my swivel TV stand. Sony TV is one of the best set ever owned. Will always purchase TVs from this maker. Their name speaks for its self. Very happy with my choice of Tv.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have purchased Sony XBR65X850C 5 years by paying $1799 in 11-22-2015, now it doesn't turn on. Sony support didn't help me to fix it. I am deeply concerned the tv product quality as sony doesn't good support center.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Sony quality is unbeatable, price, performance and value for them money, I got it for myself as a gift and it am super satisfied and it own other brands but this is by far the best I have owned and it have been very happy with this brand

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I've had a great experience. No complaints at all. Will definitely purchase another. I've had it for several years and still works like brand new. I've since bought other brands that didn't last. I have only good things to say.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

The television worked fine for about 6 months. All of sudden, it would not turn on. Placed a service call, of which the representative could barely understand me and kept entering my email information wrong. It delayed my service order 4 days. When I followed up, the other rep said my email was incorrect. Now that I have an active service order, it shows parts were ordered and would not be fixed for another 6 day. This is totally acceptable. A new TV should have been shipped and the broken one returned. Highly unlikely I will ever purchase a Sony TV again....

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I purchased this TV brand new from Best Buy. We had it installed and upon set up, there was a problem with the TV recognizing the Speak to the Remote technology. After countless hours of the set up crew talking to Sony, they ultimately asked the question... "Is this a must have feature for you to keep the TV?" - I said no but what can be done for it being defective? I was told a note with the service record would be created and that in the future if I needed a new TV, Sony would give me a discount on a future purchase. Sounded good to me.

Recently I went to purchase a New TV, upon calling Sony, they told me they couldn't find any service records and blamed Best Buy in the process. Of course, Best Buy and the people who know all about the defect are all long gone~! One big Lie after Another. Sony should stand behind its products or The USA should provide consumer protection for such issues to be resolved.

I'm writing this review now since my research on similar products from the same Company here in the USA and Sony are both mentioned. We the consumer need some recourse when companies simply lie! Yes there are records with Sony directly from my conversations and phone calls yet they refuse to do anything. Ban Sony from the USA market!

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

Sony TVs Company Information