Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: April 2, 2021

On 2/17/21 I purchased a Sony XBR65X900H TV from Best Buy. The TV was set up by the techs from Best Buy. They did a great job. After a few weeks, the TV lost audio. I pressed the help button on the remote and was able to get the audio back. Decided to call Sony to see why this happened to an almost $1400 TV. Was told they were aware of the issue, and a software fix was being worked. Note: This was all done through the online chat. The 1st level tech told me we can do some things to the TV. Thinking she knew what she was doing, I went along with it. She kept sending me links. I was annoyed but willing to continue. She told me to shut the tv off via the button on the tv. Where is the button? She told me it was on the rear of the tv. My tv sits on a piece of furniture, it is 75", and I have neck issues. I told her it's impossible for me to move the tv or even get to the back of it.

After about 15 minutes of me moving furniture, climbing up on the furniture to try to get between the wall and the tv, she tells me the button is on the front of the tv! I was livid. Long story short, the customer service reps have no clue what they are doing. I requested her supervisor (2nd level tech?) who seemed more knowledgeable. He said he could set my tv so when the software was available, it would automatically download. We were disconnected. I called back and spoke to a 3rd level tech. By this time I was irate and demanded some compensation for them wasting 3 1/2 hours of my time. They don't care and do nothing for their customers! OMG. Had I known. Never will I ever purchase another Sony tv. The customer service is terrible and they just don't care.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Mind you this review is purely based on my expectations and actual experience. Bought this TV in Sept 2018. Since then three home service calls.. Two times the main board was changed and third time the screen was changed. Luckily I had an extended warranty so these calls were covered. My expectations based on Sony being a Japanese product was much higher. Unfortunately I am very disappointed. Can we expect at least a 5 Year reliability ... don't believe so! Now I am worried about the product servicing cost after the warrranty expires in Sept 2021. I am certain that my next TV purchase will be focused on either Samsung or LG. Rgds/Julian

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2021

On my third replacement TV from Sony now. All of them second hand units. This latest one has lasted 2 days. The one before less than a month. Shocking service and after sales. Will never buy from Sony again.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I have never written a review before but IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A SONY PLEASE READ THIS AND SHARE. I am just out of words with the experience I have had with Sony for the last 2 months. For starters the x800 has many issues, the remote power button won't close the TV (we tried 2 different remotes), the issue is the TV. Randomly the wifi will cut out during a movie and then we can't reconnect sometimes for hours. Yet my other TV down in the basement farther away never has any issues. Wait there's more!

Randomly the sound from certain apps won't work for days and the only way to fix it is with a full system reset. There are more issues like the backlight is horrible and there is random clouding. The newest issue is you will be kicked out of Netflix or Disneyplus and when you try and log back in you need to re-enter all your login details. Have you ever tried typing on a Sony TV??? Not fun for a $1000 TV! But those are the main ones. You would think I had the TV for years... Nope... I had the TV for 2 months!

So what about customer service... I do have a 1 year warranty right? NOPE! When you call C.S you get people that can't speak English that don't understand you. There is 3 levels of tech support and they are paid to keep you troubleshooting with no results. I was on the phone with them on 9 different occasions from Jan 18th to March 4th for a total of 5 plus hours! I was asked to upload videos and I did, many of them. Feel free to private message and I will share with you all my videos. I kept explaining to them, do they think I have nothing better to do with my time than to call them for hours complaining about fake issues?? I mean take the client and his live videos at face value and fix the TV or replace it, no?

After calling and troubleshooting I had it when finally I am speaking with level 3 tech Mike as well as Paul and they tell me I am right, the TV has issues but they need to get the okay from their engineers in order to okay an exchange (Yes an exchange. I am not even asking for a refund). So then no response so I call; only to be told wait for it... The engineers claim this is normal!!! And my TV is fixed, WHAT?? You mean these issues are normal?!

It is impossible to speak with anyone, they make excuses. I even told the last guy I am recording the call and he said he doesn't care and does not approve of me recording the call. I wish I can put it in better words but I am so upset with this company. When did shipping customer service to the Phillippines and dragging your client along to avoid fixing the TV become okay? I am not done as I will be posting my experience on Facebook and exploring my customer protection laws here in Quebec. Feel free to email me at ** and I will share with you my videos.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I purchased a Sony Bravia XBR43X800G on 10/28/2019 from Best Buy for $449.99. The 43" television worked flawlessly until 2/07/2021. Watched a movie 2/06/2021 and turned it off and went to bed. Woke up on 2/07/2021 and went to turn the television on and the tv would not power on, had no picture, no sound, or status indicator light. The $449 television lasted less than 16 months. I contacted Sony via their technical support and they emailed me a list of troubleshooting steps I should take to resolve the issue. None worked and when I contacted them again they said I had to perform a hard factory reset to no avail.

The hard factory reset only accomplished to activate a green status light but the television did not reboot. I've visited the Sony forum site and the site is riddled with thousands of similar complaints across Sony's entire product line. I find it more than coincidence that so many Sony televisions are failing just past their warranty period. My question is why hasn't there been a class action lawsuit on behalf of the consumer?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I bought a 65 and 75 inch Bravia TV nearly a year ago. Sony obviously had issues with the sound not functioning well and also TV not starting time and again. I worked through Sony and actually obtained firmware upgrade that I installed. The problems persisted. I returned the original units and unfortunately replaced in kind as I was given extremely strong reviews by a professional. The second two units did exactly the same problems. Sony replaced those two units (now numbers 5 and 6). I was told an upgrade was on the way (these were newer models) and the SAME problems were exhibited.

After nearly 10 months the upgrade happened overnight. They work well but obviously they knew of the issues. I asked for compensation for replacing the TVs (truck rental) and professional help with mounting brackets and the cost of new brackets (new TVs won't work). They told me they would not reimburse me for the many issues and aggravation. I will NEVER BUY SONY AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Sony TV is Very very worst. I bought a SONY BRAVIA TV KD - 43X7500H Serial 8043602 tv at VASANTH AND CO (even though it is cost higher than other brands TVs I bought it for its BRAND VALUE). On 15.01.2021 after 5(five) days the tv does not turns on and the Power on button blinks 5 times. I complained to service center. They came and told they repair it but I refused to take for repair because in Just 5 days the BIG BRAND tv does not turns on. My heart did not tolerate that. So I ask to replace a new tv. But till now (28.01.2021) they do not replace tv and the tv I have not turns on. I don't know what to do. The big brand name like Sony also cheat peoples and make money.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I've always bought Sony, from PlayStations, headphones, Bluetooth speakers and TVs but my last tv which at the time I spent a lot of money on had a warranty for 5 years. One month after it ran out tv died with a backlight problem. Rang customer service for the first time and I've never experienced anything like it and never want to again. Nevertheless after they told me they basically didn’t care and had no time for me as my warranty is out rang the number. I finally got for a Sony repair Center and they told me Sony don’t send them screens or backlights so nothing can be done and they can’t repair it so new tv WHICH won’t be Sony.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have purchased a Sony 48 inch TV for Rs 62000. With two years a vertical lines appear on display. I have booked a complaint with service centre. They easily saying that the display fault. You want change it for 23000. Very worst product. Don't buy Sony TV. Nowadays it's became very worst.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Hi, Current Job No- **. Old Job No- **. Old Job No- **. I purchased this SONY TV in Mid of 2013 by spending Rs 55000/- from Chennai. And in last year means in Dec 2019 1st time I had given it for repair on Sony Service Center due to screen was not coming. That time I spent more than 5000/- And now again in Dec 2020 same problem occurred and i visited same Sony Service Center and this they are asking to spent 11000/- for panel and no one is ready listen and repeatedly giving same response "Sir it is electronic item Can not say when it stop working." I didn't understand meaning of this statement, Am I purchased any Chinese or 3rd Grade Manufacturer Product & what is meaning to spent Rs 55000+5000+ rupees if there is no assurance for service or product. Ignore this arrogant SONY TV & Better to purchase another brand. Br Anoop Kumar **

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team