3.3/5 (2768 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About Sony TVs

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Sony Bravia works only for a little over 2 years and the display goes puff. Multiple other reviews, same complaint. Misleading support websites suggesting Google/Android restart factory reset, only if display works. When display is gone, neither can operate the TV or remote.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I have owned 7 or more Sony tvs in the past. Two of which were recalled for different issues. In 2017 I purchased a 65-inch 900e model. It lasted 3 1/2 years. Sony tv's purchased in the 90's lasted at least 10 or more years. It is without a doubt, Sony knows the brand is not what it use to be. At least in the past they would recall known problems and replace the tv. I love the picture quality but the longevity is no longer available for newer models.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I purchased Sony KD65X80CK from Costco. I was VERY SURPRISED to found out: 1) connected mouse couldn't be used to input data, 2) remote is very "jumpy" hard to use. BUT WAS IS THE LAST POINT THAT FORCED ME TO RETURN the tv - is the fact that on this TV on remote ARE NOT EXISTING NUMBERS AND "SMART TV BOTTOMS." Asked Sony customer support if Sony is ready to replace this remote... The answer WAS, "GO AND BUY ANOTHER REMOTE!" (from compass). I will go and drop off back this piece of... to Costco.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I purchased a new Sony Bravia TV in 6/2022. The "smart" TV worked fine for 4 months with the added Apps opening and performing well. Then I could no longer access Paramount, Peacock, Disney, and Hulu. After many hours on the phone with Sony support, the "alleged" problem was my Fios Internet provider using an advanced IPv6 and not an older less secure IPv4. They could not offer a software upgrade to fix the issue. So my "smart" TV became dumb overnight. Sony will not replace the TV despite being under warranty. There is a workaround -- buy a Roku or other similar streaming service. Obviously this is an unacceptable solution and speaks to a major software flaw in the Sony TV. Avoid Sony.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The night scenes on this television is very very bad. I will not buy another Sony because the customer service. The TV text requested that I take pictures of a test screen that is on YouTube for Sony and they decided it was within specs. The night scenes are very very bad on this model, the vivid is nice but never never on the night, seems very very bad distortion, shadowing waves coming off an image distortion with dark colors. I asked Sony Inc to send a TV repair person out to inspect the TV, they rejected.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I believe that Sony is not remained same brand value as it was in 90's, they don't have readily available spares, if any malfunctioning happened to tv, so guys wait, it depends basically location to location to get the right spare for your TV, rest the support staff is also not showing their courtesy to help the customer and not picking the phone calls after being paid 200rs + GST. I face above problems so my experience with Sony for buying sony Bravia TV does not remain fruitful.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I purchased this Sony 65” XBR65X850D from Best Buy in 9/2016. Very excited about my purchase. This TV is just used in the family room in the basement and due to our work schedules, only used a few hours a week, at best. Often times, it loaded very slowly and sometimes not at all. The TV constantly needed to be rebooted or hard system restarted. It began to not power on without long delays. I purchased the surround sound system with it and had issues with the systems communicating, when they are both Sony. It was a very frustrating experience for how little we watch TV, but the amount of money we spent, which was well over $2000 for the TV in the speaker system, is a lot. Now my television doesn’t turn on at all and googling it reveals that this seems to occur on this model a lot. Sounds like a known problem that is now the customer's problem. Poor quality!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Bought a 65" Sony KD 65X 750F TV from Costco in October 2018. TV cost 1498$ plus taxes. A few weeks ago the TV just shut off by itself and was dead. Of course its out of warranty. Took it to a repair place and the guy determined that the Mainboard had failed. When he tried to get a replacement, he found no main boards available ANYWHERE. Why? because Sony doesn't carry new parts to repair its TVs even just 2 years after the model is produced. This was not the case in the 80s and 90s when they made great Tvs and were a company that cared.

Even used parts sellers dont have any of this board in stock because apparently this main board issue is a very common failure and has happened so times that all the used functioning main boards are gone. Sony doesn't seem interested in my problem and so far I have not heard anything back from Costco Canada. The bottom line? DO NOT BUY a SONY!! They are not made in Japan anymore and the reliability of the product has cratered! If you are going to buy a Chinese-made TV then you might as well pay $100s less and buy a VIZIO or the like and not pay for the SONY name because it doesn't mean what it used to!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I had to pay about 10 dollars to purchase a magnifying glass to read the operating manual for my 43 inch flat screen tv Sony. The price was over 600 dollars and the manual was too small. Sony needs to reprint the manuals to a much larger size. The current size is about 2 mm.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

TV was installed in January 2022 which did not get used much until March at which time we find that the TV will not hold its connection to the internet and you cannot get through one day without it disconnecting and losing its connection. Contacted Best Buy where I purchased it and had it installed by them and was informed I only had a 1 month warranty because I never purchased extended warranty. Contacted Sony and they said they are aware of this problem and are trying to fix this software problem and in the meantime they are not willing to help you with this problem at all. I am so disappointed in the service from Best Buy as well as Sony being able to sell a product that they are aware of a software issue with it.

Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.

• Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.

• Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.

• Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.

• Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.

• Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.

Sony TVs Company Information