About Sony TVs
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
Sony TVs Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,212,620 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Do not under any circumstances but a Sony Bravia TV. They DO NOT support A2DP Bluetooth connection, so you cannot use Bluetooth headphones. I was told in the store that Bluetooth was supported but found this is only if you use a soundbar.
I’m only giving 1 star because I can’t give zero and leave a comment. I Purchased a Sony tv less than two years ago, have had non stop technical issues with it. Now, the wifi board is broken and requires a service tech to come to the house. I will never purchase a sony product ever again.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I have been purchasing sony products for over 40 years and overall they have been good, lasted well and been reliable - this has all changed recently - the produce complete JUNK. My last 3 year old Bravia TV "expired" all by itself one Sunday morning - it was working and then it just stopped. After a long chat with support - they offered me a couple of hundred dollars off a new one, if I did not mind waiting a week or two to have it shipped - no thanks.
So I go to JB HiFi and buy a KD-65X80K which I am told is the same but better. This has been a nightmare. You can chose either "google TV" or without google. If you choose without google, you cannot load any other apps, like Spotify - I want Spotify. With Google, each time I switch on the TV, it shows the last thing I was using EVEN WHEN it is set to go to the home screen. In other words, it completely ignores it OWN SETTINGS and just comes up where you left off.
This means that I cannot use my fancy custom remote that you can only program with instructions, it cannot read what is on the screen of course. This makes the TV completely useless to me - JUNK. I will now have to go out and buy a Panasonic. SOOO DIsappointed especially as I live on an Island and have to manhandle this 65 inch TV in and out of a ferry and a vehicle to get it to the house - never buying another Sony product EVER.
Horrible experience with Sony TV X75K.. Purchased 65" Sony TV in the month of August from Reliance Digital & started using it from November as we had requested for delayed delivery as the construction of our house was delayed. Within one month of usage TVs main component Mother Board got fused.. Took up with Sony TV to replace the TV as it has not even completed one year. Never expected such an inferior quality from from a renowned TV manufacturer. Sony only replaced the Mother Board and denied replacement of TV.. Doubting the TV was a Brand new one or a repaired one. Hence don't buy Sony TV that too from Reliance Digital, who promise everything at the time of purchase and no assistance will be provided. Had a very bad experience please take double care buying Sony TV X75K
Honest Feedback Sony X74k - Feels like Sony's cheap Product. Burning issues noted after 2 months of usage. Company promises too much and delivers very less.
- Hardware Problem (Black Corners), there was blackishness found in the four corners of the new TV. Sony Service center, bangalore and even the Sony Manufacturing, Chennai have said that there is no solution to this problem and this is a design level fault that comes with every TV in Sony x74k and x75 or any LED based display (except OLEDs or higher which cost around 1l+). I have an email on this.
- Software problem 1 (Manage Services): The recommendations on the home screen are not customisable. You will not be able to get recommendations from Netflix, Lionsgate or any other app except Google Default List (Prime video, Apple TV, Hotstar..). This list is entirely at Google's discretion and customer can turn them on or off but not add any new service ex. Netflix. Lionsgate App etc. to this list. So on the home screen you will only get recommendations from the list what google has provided. More details are on the.
- Software Problem 2 (Continue watching): The continue watching strip on the home screen will NOT delete the item you were watching before even when you try to hide it. The software provides the functionality to see a menu by long pressing on a title in continue watching - to either 'OPEN' the title or 'Hide' but when you select 'Hide', the title will momentarily go off and then come back again.
- Software Problem 3 (TV Control with Smart speakers) - It took a whole day for me as a customer to configure Alexa (Echo Dot 4th Gen) with my Sony TV and a long list of calls to Amazon and Sony Technical support to connect my TV to Echo Dot and what's worse is that even after all this effort, Alexa does not switch on my TV on command consistently. The error message Alexa prompts is 'There is a problem with TV network connectivity or power supply' (When I have plugged TV with LAN cable on 100 mbps connection). The same problem is seen in Google AI ('Okay Google'), the TV does not respond. There are a list of configurations for this connectivity which the average customer wont even understand let alone configure the connectivity of Alexa with Sony TV. And even after that, almost 9 out of 10 times, Alexa will not wake up your TV. If you will call Sony, they will ask you to either restart your system or worse, factory reset it, which will erase all configuration you did earlier and then have to start again. Still, Sony TV wont wake up by any other external speaker.
- Software Problem 4 - It will not prompt you to upgrade your software. you have to go manually go to settings to do this.
- Sony HDR and 4k or motion sensor or whatever: So, If you will play a 4k youtube video and go to settings on this video to make the resolution 3840x, you wont be able to do so as the highest that it can go is 2160p as shown by the TV. Also, the actual effect of the 4k HDR or 4k UHD or whatever is seen only on the titles that are available in 4k HDR or 4k UHD which you'll only find for a particular title in Netflix that shows 4kHDR or 4k UHD. Not every video is a 4k HDR or UHD so its equivalent to a normal FHD display for other videos.
- Does not have Wi-Fi Direct - If you want to find your TV on your windows 10 ('Connect to a wireless display') to work seamlessly on a big screen or play games from your laptop on TV. Forget it. Your TV won't even show in the Windows discovery list of TV's. Also, Casting facility is hopeless on this TV and you'll find that there is huge lag when you're operating on your phone and what TV shoes. So for example you'll be on a 4th photograph casted from your phone and yet your TV shows the first one.
- Warranty- As explained by the service center guy, You get 2 years of warranty on the display and 1 year on the whole unit from the date of purchase. So if you face any issue in your entire TV unit then it will be supported only for 1 year and after you surpass 1 year you'll only get support for your display for one year more, which means no support after two years for anything. And, if you're thinking of replacement of the TV Unit, Simply, can't be done at any point of time after the first 15 days of purchase till the end of lifetime of TV. They will only replace faulty part with another one and that too even in the first two years and that's that.
- Unsatisfactory, Delayed, Uneducated, Uninformed and lazy service: I had reported all the above issues with Sony, they opened a ticket and after two days engineer came in. The Engineer had no response on this and he just ran a diagnostic check on my TV and said no problems found (on his first visit). For the blackish corners, he said he'll speak to Sony manufacturing, Chennai.
I took the work order from him and wrote about all the above issues and asked him to keep me informed on what's happening on the resolution of all of these issues. He told me he'll get in touch in 48 hours. For the next two weeks no one called and when I tried calling the engineer he didn't pick up. So I called Sony customer care and made a complaint, they said Engineer will call back. Again no calls from the engineer. I called Sony customer care and another complaint was raised, them saying engineer will call, I told them engineer does not call, them saying they can't do anything about it, and I can call the service center Abhivrudhi in Bangalore. I asked like why I have to chase every single person in Sony to get this resolved, isn't it Sony's responsibility to ensure timely service? He disconnected the call on me.
I called Service center and asked them where their engineer was, they said they will inform the engineer to call me. Engineer called me next day, and we booked a time slot of 4pm on Saturday 11/11/2022. Of course you would expect the Engineer to come by 4pm correct? The engineer came at 5:30p and I had to cancel my evening schedule because of the same. He was the same person who came on the first visit and factory reset my TV. Hilariously, everything had to be done from the start ex. Email Login, Apps installation, Alexa Configuration etc. which easily took 2.5 hrs of time, and nothing was resolved. Again the same work order, again I wrote the same issues and this time no deadline was given for resolution.
Bought a Sony TV from Best Buy and even bought a extended warranty with it. 4 and half months after extended warranty expired TV broke. Neither company are willing to do a dang thing. Keep telling me to pay for a TV repairman to come look at it. Nope not a dime more of my money is going to go to Sony or Best Buy!
I bought my TV new in November 2019. I started having problems with the sound going out and was told to unplug an replug the set back in again. It worked, but then kept doing it many times a week. I called support - did every thing they asked including a factory reset. Nothing cured it. Now, when first starting up the TV in the day, the screen flickers, goes white and then has a popping noise before the picture comes up. I have been trying to get this remedied since March 2021 when it started. Unfortunately, Sony has a one year warranty. Really? On such an expensive item and a company that has been pretty reliable? Not anymore. They could do nothing for me. Not replace it - no money back. Nothing. Sorry Sony, you lost a customer. Going for a different TV. Your company can afford to do good customer service and because you didn't in my circumstance - I'm leaving you and your products.
Have been through highest stage of Sony engineer without replacement or refund. Their Master Series supposed to be the best in reviews and TV goes black and get 2 screens when going to off air! Sony knows of the problem and was told to buy a Apple TV to use and my runner until they can figure it out. TV only a month old at 2,800 dollars and this is what you get. Please don’t buy because I’m looking like a fool when it goes black having company. Asked Sony to replace since they say it’s on a small amount of TVs but they are not giving me the option.
Bought at a high end electronics store Suess in Appleton Wi. Should have gone to Best Buy. They would have refunded me my money. They want me to keep it at the store so they can see it happen and Sony wants me to keep unplugging then plugging it in to reboot until they can figure out or wait until it’s off warranty. This is their OLED Tv and this is how they treat their customers. Biggest joke I have ever seen from a premier company. Should have bought the LG G2 for 700.00 less. Anyone has a question I will answer and have pictures of the problem still having.
I purchased the Sony $500.00 Smart TV in the last year. I'm mad as hell Sony eliminated the old plugins. This makes non HDI DVD players useless. I bought a HDMI 5 plug cord and the TV would not recognize the cable. I asked Walmart to take back the Sony DVD player and they refused since the purchase was over 30 days. This player was less than a year old. I fought with 2 Sony reps and they said I had to buy a current DVD player. I've spent $1,000's on Sony cameras, TVs and acc. over the years. Image this! Sony would not replace a $33.00 DVD player. I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran and Sony has treated me like **. I will never-ever buy another Sony product again. It's shows Walmart and Sony do not give a damn about customers anymore...
Sony Bravia works only for a little over 2 years and the display goes puff. Multiple other reviews, same complaint. Misleading support websites suggesting Google/Android restart factory reset, only if display works. When display is gone, neither can operate the TV or remote.
Sony TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
Sony, one of the world's most-recognized consumer electronics brands, produces LED LCD TVs and is now branching out into the UHD TV market.
Dynamic range contrast: With Sony's 4K processor, the picture quality is enhanced and extended. Enjoy incredible clarity and lifelike colors, along with stunning contrast.
Android TV: Easily connect your Android smartphone to your Smart TV and conduct voice searches, use Chromecast from your phone to your TV and more.
Hi-res audio: Billed as the "world's first High-Resolution Audio TV," Sony's TV is designed to let the listener and viewer experience music the way it sounded live at a concert.
Wedge shape: Blending aesthetics with practicality, the wedge base of the BRAVIA series not only saves space but also enhances the speaker's capacity, increasing audio quality.
Component match: Sony has designed a full range of sound bars, speakers and more to work with their TVs to deliver a complete home-theater experience.
Sony TVs Company Information
- Company Name:
- Sony TVs
- Year Founded:
- 550 Madison Avenue
- New York
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.