Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

Sony TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: April 16, 2020

My less than 2 year old XBR-85X850F suddenly went black and was dead. The warranty is only for a year. The error code reads 6 red flashes. Many have reported the same issue also in less than 2 years. The solution is a $1,200 repair and who knows how long that would last. I was a devout Sony customer for many products, this is my last Sony purchase. Like others have posted, their customer service is useless.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I bought 65' TV Sony XBR series TV, in October 2019. The TV developed quite noticeable dark areas (& not dark spots) around the edges of the screen. I have known Sony to be a reliant brand, known for excellent picture quality all my mature life, so this was very unexpected. The TV also resets the Wifi connection. Knowing the reputation of the brand, I contacted the customer care to help me. A software update was pending on the TV which was updated to the current version, however, the dark portions of the screen remain unresolved.

The customer care requested I share photos & post review they came back stating that the 'TV performed in conformance to market specifications' & the LED/LCD panel functioned appropriately. When I inquired about 'market specifications', I was contacted to research the website of Sony. The tech support staff argues that there is no malfunction in TV owing from their remote review. While the TV may not technically have any malfunction, however, the visual experience is awful.

There is no place, no document, no product description which states that darkening of screen while normal viewing is appropriate, I do understand the the LED panel may leave temporary spots here & there from a typical viewing pattern, however, challenge with the TV I have is distinguishable. There are many cheaper TVs available in the market & one buys a Sony for excellent visual experience, especially since the brand is built around excellence in quality. I am very unhappy with the product & more so unhappy with the Tech support/ customer relations. One does spend 3-4 times over the cheaper brands to experience this poor quality. I wouldn't say that I won't recommend Sony as this might be an isolated instance, but the treatment of a customer who pays such a high premium for the brand is abysmal.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Issue Regarding :TV getting switch off/on automatically continuously from 5 months approx with regular recorded complaints. Model no: KLV-32W622F Purchased on 17th August 2018. I Bimal ** again highlighting you the same issue to you, like I did earlier many times for below same complaint. However till date there was no satisfactory results were achieved. I never heard or experienced any product that will have failure on the core part of the product within 1.5 Years and same issue is getting streched to even up to 7 complaints.

TV was purchased on 17th August 2018 And facing the Issue from Nov 2019, 15th Month from purchased month. And now almost 5 months are getting over with repeatedly same complaint do you really understand the kind of mental trauma I am facing here with this current scenario just because of this. Please have a look on regular complaint on same issues, already 7 complaints were done and twice the motherboard were replaced by service centre. Below is dated summary of complaint.

Complaint Number 1 - ** dated 30th Nov, 2019. Complaint Number 2 - ** dated 10th Dec, 2019..10 days after 1st complaint. Complaint Number 3 - ** dated 19th Dec, 2019..09 days after 2nd complaint. Complaint Number 4 - ** dated 25th Dec, 2019..06 days after 3rd complaint. Complaint Number 5 - ** dated 29th Jan, 2020..1 month 4 days after 4th complaint. Complaint Number 6 - ** dated 12th Feb,2020..14 days after 5th complaint. Complaint Number 7 - ** dated 03rd Mar, 2020...20 days after 6th complaint.

Now the current scenario is that assigned service centre answered us that, "Your TV will go Head Office and now they will review and resolve this issue." I am failed to understand that what kind of disaster management is happening here, as it's happening when I am chasing regularly to the service centres. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I AM REALLY EXHAUSTED, HOW MANY TIMES STILL I HAVE TO COMPLAIN AGAINST THE SAME ISSUE. Please note this time, I am really not interested to know the reason that what it is so difficult that cannot be resolved. Regular complaint is just a resultant that either you are trying wash off hands with it or you Sony is now NOT CAPABLE/BOTHERED TO MAKE TRUSTED PRODUCTS/RELATIONSHIPS

I really wanted to request you to please help accept this junk box with you, and request you to please provide me new tv as replacement of this. Not sure, if Sony Bravia taking care of its customer like they do not want to have repeated business, now I will never ever encourage anyone to buy sony product if this issue is not solved further without any money. Awaiting quick and positive response from you urgently.

Bimal

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I purchased a brand new Sony Bravia TV Model #XBR49X900F, not my first (but will be my last). After setting up and turning on the TV we saw an embedded image on the very bottom of the screen. It looked like a fan. I immediately registered the TV, including a copy of the receipt as they request. I then tried contacting Sony using the number on the front of the manual. Right under that number the manual says "Please Do Not Return the Product to the Store". Here's my first piece of advice, IGNORE both statements.

I tried calling for hours and only to get a busy tone (in today's world a business with a busy tone?). I tried opening a chat but was unable, then tried the Sony Community Bulletin Board to get their attention (their first reply took 4 days). Sony sent me an e-mail saying they were sorry to hear about the issue and asked for more detail. I gave that detail twice, including pictures. It took another 4-5 days before I got their next response.

They gave me a number to call and after going through 3 different people their reply came down to this; Sony would not honor its Limited Liability Warranty because they said all their TVs go through a quality check and if the customer cannot prove any damage or defect was not their fault Sony takes no responsibility. It is not Sony's issue once it leaves their shipping facility. This was not the type of customer service I expected from Sony but since my other but I had no previous experience with their customer service. My opinion is that there are too many VERY GOOD alternatives than to buy from a company with this attitude toward their customers.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

No doubt, this has the potential of being a great TV but that has not been my experience. If nothing goes wrong, you are in luck. One phone call to customer support will show you how weak they are. The solution to date. Unplug my TV every time it freezes up.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Two months after the warranty expired, my XBR55X900E Bravia TV started shutting itself off or restarting. Sony told me I was out of luck since the warranty just expired. They sent me a link to the troubleshooting steps I told them I already tried. That was their solution. They also claimed to not be aware of this problem, yet their official support forums are full of similar stories. I will never buy a SONY electronic product again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Received new Sony Blu-ray DVD player for Christmas displayed the applications I was interested in Netflix, Hulu, Vudu... I was very excited only to have Hulu not really be available...only had it for one day then it would not load and then finally it disappeared. I tried to update the product with no satisfaction due to no new content, meaning no Hulu. I contacted Sony also with no satisfaction. Apparently they can not do anything but advise me to purchase other products, they will not even return their product for our money back to purchase said product for the satisfaction I am looking for. This is very disappointing and definitely makes me want to purchase a different brand of product from a more trusted manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

We purchased a 65 in Sony TV in Feb, 2017. We also purchased a 2 year extended warranty with the TV. The first one we bought, we got home and hooked it up and turned it on. Within minutes there was a green horizontal line across the bottom of the screen. Within a few minutes it went from maybe a quarter inch to about 4 inches wide. We called Sony and they walked us through a few steps to try to resolve the issue. After no resolution we contacted Best Buy and scheduled for a new one to be delivered.

We have had the second one for less than 3 years. A couple of days ago we began to see a horizontal lines across this one too. Since we purchased the 2 year extended warranty and the manufacturer had a 1 year warranty, we felt confident that we were covered. Nope. We were totally misled on how the warranty works. The warranty we purchased ran concurrently with the manufacturer warranty, meaning we really only had a 2 year warranty. We reached out to Sony thinking they would stand behind their product and not want to lose a loyal customer. We have had several Sony TV's over the years. They couldn't have cared less. We will not be purchasing any Sony products again.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

XBR65X900C motherboard/firmware failure. Started around 14th August. TV powers on but no picture. Lights on bottom flash. August 25th Contacted SONY through phone support. Tried to reset TV, no success. Told to use Chat support. Case number opened. August 26-SONY Chat Support - tried resetting TV. Told to reinstall firmware update using USB, no success. Sat August 31st Geek Squad Service call. Could not fix. Suspect it needs a new mainboard ($400 for part, $200 for service). But would not guarantee it works. Part on backorder, possibly 2 months wait.

OCT 5 Call Support again. No Warranty, take to Service Center, which does not exist. Posted on Facebook. Some replies. SONY wants Serial number to follow up. Also looked at Sony Community Forum. Posted on Sony Youtube channel. They reached out for more info. "Sorry, there are no authorized servicers for your location. Try searching your local yellow pages business directory for a repair servicer near you."

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Very dissatisfied with SONY service and durability of the SONY TV. Just 5 years back bought a 40-inch TV thinking that SONY is the best with latest features for 90k price. Now got problem with the Motherboard which SONY service centers are not able to repair and also I am ready to bear new motherboard cost, but to replace new motherboard, same motherboard model is not available from SONY. So what type of service SONY is providing?? At least their own parts should be available from their own service centers which can be used to make TV useful, otherwise it's no value in buying SONY products and wasting our hard earned money.

Now SONY is asking me to buy new SONY TV with 30% discount. But why should I bear this expenses which is because of SONY don't have their own parts? Instead I will prefer to buy new TV from other brands but never from SONY again. At least other brand parts can be repaired or replaced from market easily. Very disappointed with service of SONY. I am going to tell all my friends, relatives, colleagues Don't buy any SONY products...

Sony TVs Company Information