Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5
Based on 1,079 ratings submitted in the last year

Sony TVs Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

TV Bravia. Even one star is too much for performance of Sony TV. The helpline is not responsive at all and believes in taking you for a ride. No clarity is available in scope of Sony supply. Avoid the tv if you want peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Regarding Sony OLED A8F motherboard damage. Just over 13 months motherboard not working. There is no any current supply in motherboard, how is possible like fuse and other part working fine. Even I am not getting any response from Sony customer care after sending multiple mail and call. Very bad service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

One of my Sony 800.00 televisions is a lemon. Bravia kd-60x690e. It only lasted 2 years with minimal use as I live alone and work all week. One year out of warranty but clearly a Sony television that is only 2 years old is a lemon. I contacted Sony several times only to receive robotic responses directing me back to their website. This is a multi billion dollar company. They should stand by their loyal customers. Our family has been loyal to Sony since the 1980's. We exclusively buy only Sony electronics because of their stellar reputation. However, I am extremely disappointed to learn that they are not reimbursing or replacing this television.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Post warranty within three years the motherboard will need replacement. I am facing this now as there is continual reboot because faulty software. This software is burnt into the board chip for executing the version upgrades that are sent through internet during off viewing hours. In the event that a software update didn't go through successfully, the firmware should be capable of re-initiating it, however as it happened in my tv, the firmware has taken control of the tv and is repeatedly rebooting the tv. The diagnosis by the service center is to replace the motherboard. Which is costly. Apparently, this is an ongoing characteristic of this model. The defect in the software is being passed on to the unsuspecting customer. I hope Sony Japan takes notice and intermediates.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I cannot use all the features of this TV because I am not entering my WIFI password. What a shame such a great TV does not allow you to complete the set up or even scan for channels unless you agree to allow Google to monitor EVERYTHING you do including listening to your conversations (EVEN WHEN THE TV IS OFF) through the remote control microphone. You may think I am being paranoid. Oh confrere! You are being naïve. I have friends that work for Google and they laugh about how much personal data they have access to and sell. They say when they get caught or in trouble they just say someone made a mistake or blame it on a vendor who used people's personal information in a way that they were not suppose to but they keep selling the information.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sony TVs?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Very dissatisfied with the service and durability of the SONY TV. Around 5 to 6 years back bought a 32-inch TV thinking that SONY is the best. Compromised on the features too, thinking that SONY offers best screen visibility and does not affect eyes. Now got the problem with the Motherboard. Handled so carefully all these years and also the TV was very less utilized. I mean out of 5 years I hardly used it for 3 years (full run). Most of the time it was taking rest.

Now when I take to the authorized service center they say, "The LIFE of TV is that much only sir." So if I repair motherboard they said they can guarantee only for 1 Month since there is only 10% of the panel life (Did not understand this though). They said the TV working for 6 years is a great thing. Till this moment I had a plan to buy a 55 Inch TV (Only SONY) again if I could not get the current one repaired. But now I feel I should not waste my money on SONY. The good old days were so better where the age of TV at home is more than my age. (A TV worked for 30 years and still working). Great thing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I bought a Sony tv this summer. On its 93rd day, the picture went out. I worked with Comcast first, but it turned out to be the tv. I have been working with Sony for over 2 weeks, trying to resolve the problem. It has been 4 days since they determined they would replace it and gave me a number to call for that to happen. I have left multiple messages and nobody has called me back. At each step of the process from troubleshooting on, it takes days between steps, to hear back from anybody at Sony. I've spent countless hours on the phone, took a half day off work for technicians to come out and work on the tv to fix it. They couldn't. Now I'm still waiting for a call back about a any particulars about how the replacement process will play out.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

The XBR-55930D power board went out. They repaired! Short time after the set got blurry and words on screen double, also a small line across the bottom. When they heard this, said no repair possible. Set was $1500. It is less than 3 years old. Boxed up waiting for a suit against Sony.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I bought Sony tv May 2018 and in June 2019 I face one issue of restarting tv automatically. I talk with customer care and he asked me to just reset the tv and it works fine 2 months but now in Oct 2019 it restarting again and again many times in a day even some time do not start. I called engineer and he said that its panel is damaged just in one year of time. That was very shocking experience. Then because panel was 2 year guarantee so they changed it but it is shocking that product of Sony got damaged just in one year. Even Chinese product do not damaged in one year, so they are producing very cheap product now as per my experience. Please do not buy sony products.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I purchased a 60" Sony Bravia two years ago for what I thought was a great deal at Best Buy. Recently the TV began turning off and on every few minutes then it would not power on unless I unplugged the TV. Then the same process would repeat. Called Sony support who said it was out of warranty and I should bring it to the service center. The service center called today to inform me it is the main panel and the repair cost more than the TV. If you want a 2 year disposable TV, buy a Sony. This is unacceptable. I will provide an updated review if they give a favorable resolution. By the way, my 3 Samsungs, my Visio, and my Panasonic are working just fine. Check them out instead!

Sony TVs Company Information