Get Started

3.8/5 (1671 ratings)

About SmileDirectClub

SmileDirectClub provides customers with an affordable way to improve their smile with its invisible braces. Each treatment plan is crafted by a licensed dentist or orthodontist, and customers receive regular virtual visits during treatment. SmileDirectClub offers two ways to pay: upfront or monthly over 24 months. Its program is less expensive than traditional braces.

Pros

• Less expensive than metal braces
  • Payment plan with no credit check
  • Treatment takes four to six months

Cons

• Retainers not included
  • Not for severe corrections

Bottom Line

SmileDirectClub is an invisible braces company that specializes in custom-made clear aligners worn during the day or overnight. It makes treatment accessible with lower costs than competitors.

Top SmileDirectClub Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I had already been to my dentist and had asked about their options but it was really expensive. ... When I've seen the commercials for SmileDirectClub, they were talking about it ...

Verified

The impression kits came with very clear and easy to use instructions. Simple kit to use and return, with a clear process online of what was happening. I used a promotion to get t...

Smile Direct Club products

What is SmileDirectClub?

SmileDirectClub provides invisible braces and whitening for those who need mild to moderate teeth correction. Customers can find out if they are eligible by requesting a risk-free impression kit that is sent back to the company for an assessment. Alternatively, they can visit a SmileShop location for a free 3D scan. Each case is reviewed by a state-licensed orthodontist or dentist who creates a personalized treatment plan.

SmileDirectClub treatment lasts four to six months overall and includes clear instructions on how to use the products for the best results. The company ships all aligners with teeth whitening to your door within about four to six weeks after you send back your impression kit.

Customers can choose between regular SmileDirectClub aligners, which require 22 hours per day of wear, or Nighttime Aligners, which you wear for 10 hours at night. In addition to regular check-ups, customers have access to the dental team 24/7 by chat, live video, phone or email.

How does SmileDirectClub work?

You can get started with SmileDirectClub in a few simple steps:

1. Start by taking SmileDirectClub’s 30-second assessment on its website to see if you're a candidate for treatment.
  2. SmileDirectClub's team emails you to provide options to get started; you can order an at-home impression kit or book an appointment at a SmileShop.
  3. SmileDirectClub creates a 3D image of your smile by either performing a scan at your SmileShop appointment or processing the molds of your teeth taken with an impression kit. The company's technicians use proprietary software to create a draft treatment plan.
  4. A state-licensed doctor reviews your 3D image, photos of your teeth and your dental/medical history to determine candidacy for clear aligner therapy and reviews and approves your treatment plan. The doctor uses photos of your teeth, the 3D image and your medical/dental history to prescribe clear aligner therapy.
  5. Once you agree to the treatment plan, SmileDirectClub mails you your prescribed aligners and a courtesy teeth whitening kit. It cuts each aligner to match the contours of your teeth and gums for a comfortable fit.
  6. Throughout the treatment, your licensed dentist or orthodontist monitors your progress through SmileDirectClub’s teledentistry platform. Virtual check-ins occur regularly.

SmileDirectClub has two treatment options: original aligners or Nighttime Aligners. The original aligners can straighten your smile in four to six months and should be worn 22 hours a day. They’re ideal for customers who want an expedited straightening treatment. The Nighttime Clear Aligners provide a more flexible option and have an average treatment time of 10 months.

The company also has a program for teenagers that includes a Tile aligner case, a Bluetooth-enabled device that you can track using a mobile app so you don’t lose your aligners or retainers. The aligner options are the same, but other products are geared more toward a teenager's busy lifestyle.

How much does SmileDirectClub cost?

SmileDirectClub treatment plans take an average of four to six months and cost $1,950. SmileDirectClub offers two ways to pay for aligners:

• A one-time payment of $1,950
  • SmilePay, which requires a $250 down payment and 24 monthly payments of $89, or about $3 per day

The impressions kit, which is used to create your 3D scan and aligners, costs $59 at the time of publishing. The company frequently offers discounts and rebates on the impression kit. If SmileDirectClub determines the company's program won’t work for you, it refunds the price.

SmileDirectClub works with most insurers who cover orthodontic treatments, including UnitedHealthcare and Aetna. If you have questions about your coverage, SmileDirectClub can contact your insurer and give you information about your benefits.

SmileDirectClub FAQ

Does SmileDirectClub work?
Yes, SmileDirectClub works for minor to moderate teeth correction, including for crowding, space between teeth and some bite issues. In order to find out if you are a candidate for SmileDirectClub treatment, visit a SmileShop for a 3D scan or order a risk-free impression kit.
Does SmileDirectClub take insurance?
Yes, SmileDirectClub works with many insurers, including UnitedHealthcare, Aetna and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Contact the company so it can check your eligibility for insurance coverage for aligners.
Who owns SmileDirectClub?
SmileDirectClub is a public company. It was founded in 2014 by Alex Fenkell and Jordan Katzman.
Is SmileDirectClub safe?
Yes. Every SmileDirectClub treatment is completely prescribed, directed and managed by state-licensed doctors who have at least five years of experience in in-person aligner therapy. Customers get regular virtual appointments with dental professionals and have 24/7 access to SmileDirectClub’s dental care team.

Is SmileDirectClub worth it?

SmileDirectClub is worth it if you want straighter teeth for a lower cost than traditional braces and you only have minor to moderate issues with spacing, crowding or rotations. There is no risk to learning if you are a candidate for treatment with SmileDirectClub, and the company includes a Lifetime Smile Guarantee.

Though some have reported poor results, SmileDirectClub works to resolve those issues. SmileDirectClub works with state-licensed and experienced doctors to design and monitor each treatment plan.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileDirectClub?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I went to SmileDirectClub because they were more cost-effective for me. I'm 50, and I had braces when I was in my late 20s. Shame on me, I broke my retainer and never got another one. So, teeth haven’t set already, and they shifted on back to where they were originally from when I was in my 20s. That's why I did it. And nothing short of going to my dentist and going to another orthodontist who wanted probably about $5,500 to fix my teeth. When I went to my dentist, I talked to them about Invisalign, which is the other company. We did an impression, everything else, at my dentist’s. And then he told me I was a candidate for Invisalign. However, I was only a candidate for my upper set of teeth.

On the bottom, he wanted to remove one of my teeth for the overcrowding and put it together. Now, I have all 28 of my teeth, minus the wisdom that were taken out when I was a young girl. I'm not in the business of fixing something that's not broken. I was like, “My teeth are grounded.” Through my x-rays, I could see the roots and everything. I said, "No, I'm not going to have one of my teeth removed." There was no way. They work fine. I said, “Put your hand in my mouth and I'll show you exactly how well they work.”

With my dentist, I had a crappy feeling about it. I said, “Let’s see if there’s got to be something else.” That was how I found SmileDirectClub. And I was like, “Oh, it's only $2,500.” It was $2,300 total. I gave them either a $250 or $500 deposit. And then, within 30 days, I could pay it off and have no payments for two years. I corresponded through email on the internet. Not only that, SmileDirectClub followed up. They were great about it. With it, you wear your aligner for two weeks, and then one week, and everything. But I always got my notifications. I got reminders through email, and through text messages on my phone.

I would also correspond with them if I had a question about anything. And I could either go through email or through the text that they sent me. They always responded and communication is still open. I continue to buy stuff offline. I've had a good experience. I didn't know exactly what it was going to feel, or how harsh it would be on my mouth. I work office and I talk to people on a daily basis. One of my things was, I didn’t want to sound like I needed peanut butter at the roof of my mouth when I'm talking to them. It has been okay.

SmileDirectClub response

Crystal, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

In the beginning, when I was closing my gap, the aligners kept breaking. I had to wait quite a while for replacements. Then, when the replacements came in, they were damaged. So, I had to go and get scanned over. That happened about three times within a year. So, it was rough. The fitting was okay towards the end though. I'm not completely happy with my results because I have an underbite. My teeth, to me, wasn't that bad but when they pulled them in, the bottom teeth weren't pulled in enough. So, my bottom teeth stick out further than the top, so it's kind of way off. I was supposed to contact them. But what happened was they had an evaluation and they sent me a letter saying that they couldn't fix it and they couldn't do anything else. I would have to go and get traditional braces. The reason for me doing SmileDirect is because I didn't want to pay about 7,000. I can't afford that.

Now, after spending almost two grand with SmileDirect, I'm being told to go and do something traditional, and that’s more money. It’s like, “Okay, well, I guess I just got to deal with the results I have.” I have a lot of family members that have gaps and they saw my teeth and they were like, “Okay, they closed your gap. When do you finish?” I said, “I'm done already.” They didn't like the final results. They're planning to do something different because it was a lot of family members. They were watching me. I showed them my finished results. It's still an open bite. They originally told me they could close my open bite. They couldn’t. It’s a slight open bite, a crossbite, and an underbite. They sent me a letter saying, “Oh, we can't fix your open bite, your crossbite, or whatever.” I would still recommend them. A person can look at my results, and take it from there.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Elvina, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your end results, and the delay when waiting for replacements. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I purchased from SmileDirectClub for my daughter who just completed her treatment after seven months. She is 13 years old, and she has had a massive overbite since her adult teeth came in. Her front teeth are gapped badly as well. As soon as she was able to, we were getting braces for her. After speaking to a few adult parents who have had children with metal braces, and speaking to other children that have metal braces, they hated it. So, we wanted to go the liner route. I heard about SmileDirectClub on Facebook, and I happen to be fortunate enough to be in a town where the bus was coming through. We drove and got the 3D scan with the bus. I was overly impressed with everything from start to finish.

We paid the lump sum to get it a little bit cheaper instead of making the payments. My daughter used her retainers. A 13 year-old kid has never been more responsible in her life than brushing her teeth avidly before and after putting her aligners in, making sure that she took them out to eat. Every time I would look at her, she always had them in. It was never a forgetting-to-put-them-in situation. She enjoyed wearing them because she was seeing the change in her teeth rapidly. She was getting tons of compliments from people. She just completed her treatment, and it is a night and day transformation. It was 99.99% completely painless for her. She felt a little tenderness in the beginning with the first couple sets of aligners, and that's it.

She's been learning how to bite food properly for the first time in her life. She's never bitten off a sandwich with her teeth in the front because her overbite was so big. It would always tear and pull all the meat out of the sandwich, so she always had to use her back teeth. Now for the first time, she can chew in the front. It was quick. It took seven months to make dramatic change in her mouth. She is over-the- moon excited about it. She hated her teeth, and now she doesn't. She's glowing all the time. I told everyone I know SmileDirectClub has changed her life. I hope it does for lots of other people. It was affordable, painless and great. And now, they're accepting insurance as forms of payment. That's awesome. They didn't have that when we got it. Overall, we couldn't be any happier.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Molly, thank you so much for the positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. This means a lot to us.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

SmileDirectClub was a lot cheaper, so it was a great choice in that aspect. But other than that, I did a lot of research online, and I saw there were pretty good reviews around it. So, I thought I might as well give it a try. And worst case, if it didn't work out, I would look for an alternative after. But I'm fairly happy with it. When I went in person, it was really smooth. I sat there, and the two people who would work with me did everything. And then receiving the product, most of it was straightforward. I felt I could do everything on my own, and I was never really that confused.

But there were certain times when I felt there wasn't enough information online on certain things. Like maybe I had a certain pain in an area and I would try to google it. And it didn't seem like there were any resources saying that it was normal. Sometimes it's reassuring when I would google something and people would say, “Yeah, that's normal. Just don't worry about it.” Having those types of resources online would be important. Sometimes, there were open-ended questions that I had. Trying to have more resources, either in the box or on the website, is what I would recommend.

There was one case where I missed the day by accident. It just slipped my mind. Maybe there are resources online, but at that time, I couldn't seem to find what I would actually have to do in that type of situation, so I had to reach out. It was a bit worrisome because I thought it was a big deal. But it turned out that you just wear it for a bit longer. Just random stuff like that. It would be nice if there was some sort of site that just compiled all the questions that people asked.

The one thing that I was a bit concerned with, and I feel should be something down the road, having some sort of connection to an orthodontist just to get permanent retainers. I don't mind wearing the retainer that I have now. I know I have to wear it forever, but at some point, I know I'm going to slowly start forgetting to wear it for certain nights and whatnot. So, if there was a way to somehow have one connected orthodontist per city where I can go and get a permanent retainer in, or you can just have connections to orthodontists that already exist, would be really nice. Because to me, the money doesn't matter. I’ll spend whatever. I just know that at some point, I'm going to slowly start to forget to put it in. I have to wear this for the rest of my life, so it made me feel like there should be something there. Other than that, I feel really good with it. I'm happy with what I got for the money that I spent.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Nicholas. Your feedback and input are so valuable to us and we truly take it to heart. We really appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Quick summary: Very pleased. Saved $4,200 compared to an in-person orthodontist. Everything went smooth from the start. Corrected "bucky teeth" perfectly along with some other small corrections.

Full review: It's scary to get braces online, I know, we were very skeptical and didn't decide to go with it until visiting one of their in person offices to get a laser scan. Very professional and well trained, top notch employees!

#1 - Clear aligners are not for everyone, and generally, the more messed up your teeth are, the less likely you can use aligners. Visit a dentist and pay for a professional opinion about getting clear aligners; most dentists sell them themselves. Don't mention online aligners, as you can imagine, they want to charge you $6,000 not $1,900 like SmileDirect...They have a Ferrari payment to make. After an examination, they can tell you whether or not aligners are right for the situation and you can ask questions. This is much better than spending time on molds and visits with smile direct...If your dentist doesn't think aligners are the way to go, Smile Direct probably won't either...Again, don't mention smile direct to your dentist; online braces are a huge threat to their cash cow and they may dishonestly discourage you from buying online.

#2 - Go to a smile direct store and get a laser scan. Even if it's a couple hours drive, do it. We did, the aligners fit perfectly from day one. They also have a bus that travels around, so see if/when it may be in your area.

#3 - You may to need to file the top edges of the aligners to stop them from rubbing too much. This is not a big deal; a hand finger nail file was all that was needed; a rotary tool is cheap at places like Harbor Freight and makes the job easy and fast.

#4 - You are moving your teeth; this is not a painless process! If a mosquito bite sends you to the emergency room, then you're probably better off sticking with crooked teeth. In our case, it was not "painful"; it was just an annoyance and the person had a high pain tolerance to begin with.

#5 - Brush your teeth and clean your aligners multiple times a day to prevent cavities and other problems. You are wrapping your teeth in plastic for months on end...You need to keep them clean!

7 months later, no more bucky teeth, super smile, no issues. It's now more than a year since treatment ended and all is well, teeth look great and the retainers at night are not an issue. Hope this helps and good luck with your teeth!

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Bill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear about this great experience. We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. We truly appreciate the support. Best, Toni

Original review: July 23, 2021

The impression kit was easy to use. We had no problem with that. I was very disappointed with the fact that the top AND bottom of my teeth will not be fixed, and no one had called me to discuss the reason. I had to call myself and ask. I was told the reason was my teeth were crowded - YES MY TEETH ARE CROOKED OF COURSE THERE IS CROWDING! And to be asked to pay full price for HALF of the job is RIDICULOUS. Totally disappointed. Will be looking elsewhere for someone who can do the whole job.

Original review: July 23, 2021

My Smile Shop experience was great. Shakera was very kind and professional and expert at what she does. I thought the technology was fantastic and the followup via email really informative. Could not be easier.

SmileDirectClub response

Carolyn, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's always our goal to give customers an informative and exciting experience. Thank you so much.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I was most interested in the nighttime only aligners. It wasn't even mentioned, and it wasn't offered to me. The person who scanned my teeth was very helpful in helping me think outside the box for discounts and how I might manage to find room in my budget. After leaving, I reevaluated and chose to wait until I can change dental plans during open enrollment later this year to get back on the plan with orthodontic coverage. The staff who greeted and checked me in were very kind when I came in late (after having to put my beloved dog of 13 years down unexpectedly right before I came to the popup). I recommended my fiance get scanned as he is very self-conscious about his teeth and smile.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I've so far had an overall good experience. I didn't have any pain with the aligners, only felt normal pressure. I haven't had an issue following the plan wearing them almost all the time except when eating. I've definitely seen huge results. My treatment plan is not finished however. I did need some refinements. However I'm confident that the final treatment plan will complete my perfect smile.

SmileDirectClub response

We are grinning from ear to ear. Thank you for the support, Heather. We are always here for you!

Original review: July 21, 2021

The person I was with was cool and SmileDirectClub had a good process. It wasn’t too long too, so I liked it. Now, I am very happy with my smile.

SmileDirectClub response

Marc, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Original review: July 19, 2021

I had reached the end of my initial treatment, but didn't feel like my teeth had shifted quite enough. The technician was friendly, informed me that the concerns could be addressed, and got everything taken care of (including my concern about having already ordered a retainer.) Process was easy!

SmileDirectClub response

Thank you so much for sharing, Michelle! This means the world to us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: July 18, 2021

I enjoyed how fast everything came to the house and mailing it back was simple as well. I would say for the instructions on the impression you should put pictures of how an impression should look like not only what it should not look like. A good example and a bad example would have been great! Because I felt like I was doing it right but then kept overthinking that I was doing it completely wrong.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Brianna, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: July 15, 2021

Genesis was great. She showed a lot of knowledge about the product and answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend family and friends to experience and try Smile Direct. I left confident and excited about improving my smile.

SmileDirectClub response

Jessica, thank you for your kind review. We’re here for you at any time.

Original review: July 14, 2021

The impression kit experience was overall great, incredibly cheap and easy to do at home. My issue is with billing and customer service. I was charged full price before my insurance was factored in, I was also told I could not use the overnight aligners, then told I could, then another customer service agent who was much better verified I will need to use the regular daily aligners. I also submitted my insurance information online multiple times and customer service claimed it wasn't submitted, took 3 attempts. So my order was cancelled and a refund is now initiated so that I can get correctly charged with my insurance and HSA included in the price.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi, Mike. It's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. We appreciate you taking the time to share. We’re here for you at any time.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Everyone has been awesome to deal with. Kind, polite, and understanding. If you’ve been to a restaurant since COVID, you understand what I mean. Restaurants treat you like they are doing you a favor these days, so entering a place where you are greeted with a smile and are treated with the utmost respect and courtesy makes you feel like a king. Y’all are great, keep up the great work!

SmileDirectClub response

Tommy, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it's always our goal to give customers an informative and exciting experience. Thank you so much.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I went in to SmileDirect Club to see what my options were to straighten my teeth since my insurance doesn’t cover orthodontics over the age of 19. I got there 5 minutes prior to my appointment time of 12pm and wasn’t seen until nearly 12:30pm. I would have left but I didn’t want to be charged the $25 cancelation fee. Then while doing the scan, there were 2 employees that I spoke with who seemed very upset that I wanted to consult my regular dentist before making any payments just to be sure I was making the best decision. They asked me numerous questions and it felt like they were trying to bully me into paying the $250 down payment which is a big commitment. Then, when I got the treatment plan back, my expected teeth looked worse! It doesn’t correct the main tooth I am insecure about and it actually would put a gap in my front two teeth. Needless to say, I will not be going through with this and do not think it’s okay what I experienced. I do not recommend and hope no one is being taken advantage of.

Hello Kayla,

This is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. It is important to us to always provide a genuine service for our customers. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far. For further assistance, we will be reaching out via private message.

Best,

Toni

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 13, 2021

I called and told a SmileDirect representative on the phone I only wanted night time aligners. On the website it says we have a choice of daytime or nighttime but when I got the slip in it did not give me a choice for nighttime. So that’s when I called and specified. He told me to just send in the impressions and it specify on the paper what I wanted. This is what I did. Wrote in big letters only want nighttime aligners. Next thing I know I’m getting charged so I called up to make sure they were nighttime aligners and I was told they weren’t. I explained the situation and they said they’d look into it. Then I keep getting emails saying they're making my aligners. Not happy as of yet. Haven’t heard back from the girl who called last week saying it would be a few days before I should hear back.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi there, Melissa. We are sorry for this inconvenience. We will definitely continue this conversation privately to protect your information and to be able to help you further. Thank you for all your patience.

Original review: July 12, 2021

The impression kit comes with a lot of “parts,” it was a little intimidating at first so we put it off for a few days. Once you get started it goes pretty smoothly, though. Hopefully we did a good job with the first step.

SmileDirectClub response

Nathen, we are so happy to read such a great review about SmileDirectClub!

Original review: July 11, 2021

Tania B gave me white glove service with a smile! This is something I've been contemplating for years and everyone was so nice. I really like the technology used to capture my smile, the free swag, and the quick video tutorials are super helpful. You guys are a life saver. Thanks!

SmileDirectClub response

Hi there, Vanetta. Thank you for this awesome review! It was truly a pleasure to assist you!

Original review: July 11, 2021

1- No in person sign up method. Must make appointment online.. Seriously you have enough iPads, why not have one ready to make appointments?

2- Need a separate account for minors.. I did a Smile plan years ago for my daughter. When I made an appointment and checked in, it said I was a minor.. seriously... and then there was no way for me to fix this. I couldn't even reschedule with the different email. I literally had to call customer service while I was in the store, to make an appointment...

3- I like how you are all happy and fluffy.. but sometimes you need to tone it down and be serious. Train your staff that they can be flexible and read the tone of the customer. Not everyone needs this kind of fluff.

4- Your systems seems to be garbage. After 1 million happy smiles and this crap: the first time I looked at my 3D plan, my top and lower molars were switched. So bottom molars were on top and vice a versa. It wasn't resolved until the next day.

5- More system issues; we gave them our two credit cards and now I am getting "processing errors" seriously. You might just want to conduct business via phone calls and dump your web experience.

6- My wife got a re-scan and had to call customer service because she was switched from an 8 month 32 aligners to a 4 month 16 aligners... and the support person said "system bug"...

Come on guys, if I am willing to write this long ** complaint, which is basically constructive criticism so that you get better, it must be bad. Please hire people to fix this. Also you don't need 10 people in a small office to do this. Scale back the staff and scale up the locations. Two small rooms, with one employee each. You guys schedule everything anyway, you can schedule around breaks and 8H schedules. It's not rocket science, but making people drive 1.5 hours is lame when the at home impression kit is trash. Thank you for the hearing me out and I hope you get better. Thanks!

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Patrick, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: July 9, 2021

No contact.. after waiting 10 days after being told I would receive my 3 D scan, my plan review, I called them. "Oh, we tried calling you and we sent you emails..." **. "Oh, I'm sending you a link to see the recommendations as to why we can't help you with the crowding on your lower teeth....the link kept sending me to.. "oops, sorry but something went wrong." **. They wanted me to call them because they had the salesman try to convince me to go ahead with the upper teeth...with a small discount for only using 1 tray. ** Save your money and go somewhere else. They are only a sales company.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 9, 2021

I have an email confirmation that $1075 discount will be applied because of my insurance benefit, but the code was good for only $200 off. This is a scheme to get me to pay for teeth impression made and never get rebated back.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Buranee, thank you for rating us. We are so sorry for the inconvenience with the promo code, we have sent you a private message with more information.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Our appointment was great and thought everything was taken care of. I went to email about our order because we've been waiting for it, and they said the order wasn't placed. We were there on June 19th and the doctor just approved today....July 8th that only the top aligned will work and we were told almost everyone gets approved. I feel like we got lost in the shuffle after our initial appointment.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Jennifer. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're concerned to hear about your experience. Please feel free to send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com so that we can assist further and review your case.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Everything went well. The process at Smile Direct Club was smooth. The team was very nice. They were always easy to reach, talk to and get help from. They made the whole process a lot easier than what I expected. I'm feeling good about the actual results. My teeth look good now.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Kevin, thank you so much for your positive comments about SmileDirectClub!

Original review: July 7, 2021

My experience with Jessica was great. However I could not fully paid as I didn't have one of my credit cards with me. She told me to call the next day with that. I called and spoke with Pricisella. She told me she could not process my balance until the order was submitted and that someone would call me back on Tuesday after the holiday weekend. No one called. I checked today and the credit card I used to place my reservation appointment WAS USED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION FOR THE BALANCE!!! I AM VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS AS THAT CARD HAS MUCH HIGHER INTEREST!!! I did what I was told to do and then someone else did something else! I EXPECT TO HEAR BACK REGARDING THIS!!!

SmileDirectClub response

Hi, Ricki. It's always our goal to provide helpful and effective service to all our customers. Please give us a call, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Original review: July 7, 2021

I'm absolutely thrilled with my smile. I'm still wearing the retainers 24/7 right now 'cause I went to the dentist and they said my teeth are still moving quite a bit. We did the X-ray. My only critique is that I cut my tongue on one of the aligners. I tried to reach somebody to ask what the best solution was and I never got a response. I had to file that aligner down with the nail file they put in the box. Other than that, I had a good experience and I'd highly recommend SmileDirectClub to anybody. They offer reasonable pricing and it's very easy to do. If you do the Invisalign, you get the same thing, except for you have to deal with the dentist where you're paying three times as much. I have some friends that did the Invisalign through their dentist, spent $5,200 and I got just as good as a result as they did.

SmileDirectClub response

Happy to hear it! We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. Thanks, James.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I would really like a direct response to my inquiry as to an ADJUSTMENT to already aligned teeth. I have been requesting have this adjustment done since December of 2020! I unfortunately lost my final set of aligners and my retainers never fit properly. As a result, my teeth have been slowly moving again which is understandably very upsetting. I also unfortunately can not go to a SMILE Shop as I live too far from the closest shop--Please make this the final time I need to submit these impressions and let me know your decision ASAP.

LZ

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Lisa, this is Toni, one of the Customer Care Feedback Specialists here at SmileDirectClub. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience thus far, and we would like to learn more. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Kindest Regards, Toni.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I had a great first experience with Smile Direct. The girls that helped me out were so patient and friendly. I appreciated how they took the time to show me the process and helped me figure out the best way to go about financing. I’m looking forward to starting my journey to a straighter smile.

SmileDirectClub response

Natalie, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at SmileDirectClub!

Original review: July 6, 2021

I went to a consultation and SmileDirectClub did a 3D printing of my teeth then they sent me the aligners in the mail. I would switch them out every week or every other week depending on what the instructions were. That took five months and the only problem I had was one of my aligners broke when I was putting it in. I reached out to customer service via email, and I never heard back. I followed up and I never heard back. That went on for three weeks. Finally, I made a phone call and I was able to get through. They mailed me my aligners right away. I just had trouble getting through via email and email is a preferred method for me to communicate, so it was frustrating to have to call. Apart from that, I love the results. It turned out great.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Angelina. Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: July 2, 2021

I was happy with the initial appointment and scan, paid my down payment, was told we would hear within 72 hours, it's been unverified a week and have heard nothing. Super disappointed in follow through. Tried calling the office several times; was put on hold and never talked to anyone.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Megan, we are so sorry for the inconvenience with the communication, we are more than glad to help you. We have sent you a private message with more information.