Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

BOTTOM LINE

SmileDirectClub is a mail-order company that specializes in straightening teeth by using custom-made invisible aligners worn daily or overnight.

PROS

• Less expensive than traditional braces
  • SmilePay affordable payment plan
  • Average treatment plan is six months

CONS

• Must meet eligibility requirements
  • Only for mild corrections
SmileDirectClub

How does SmileDirectClub work?

You can get started with SmileDirectClub in a few simple steps:

1. Start by taking SmileDirectClub’s 30-second assessment on its website, which the company's team uses to identify concerns with your smile and get an idea of your dental history.
    2. SmileDirectClub's team emails you the results of the assessment with a preview of your potential new smile. If you qualify for SmileDirectClub’s program, the company mails you an impressions kit or schedules an appointment with you at one of their locations.
    3. After receiving your impressions kit, SmileDirectClub makes a 3D image of your smile. The 3D scan can be done in person at one of SmileDirectClub’s SmileShops or remotely through the tools provided in the impressions kit.
    4. The scan is reviewed by a licensed dentist or orthodontist, who uses it to come up with a personalized treatment plan.
    5. Once you agree to the treatment plan, SmileDirectClub mails you a six-month supply of aligners and a courtesy teeth-whitening kit.
    6. Throughout the treatment, your licensed dentist or orthodontist monitors your progress through SmileDirectClub’s customer care account, checking in on you at least once every 90 days.

SmileDirectClub has two treatment options: original clear aligners or Nighttime clear aligners. The original clear aligners can straighten your smile in as few as six months and should be worn 22 hours a day. They’re ideal for customers who want an expedited straightening treatment. The Nighttime clear aligners provide a more flexible option. They can be worn for up to 10 consecutive hours overnight, but the treatment plan takes an average of 10 months.

How much does SmileDirectClub cost?

SmileDirectClub treatment plans take an average of six months and cost $1,895. SmileDirectClub offers financing and payment plans, and customers can choose between two payment options:

• Single Pay, a one-time payment of $1,895
    • SmilePay, which requires a $250 down payment and 24 monthly payments of $85

You may qualify for reimbursement from your dental insurance provider if it covers orthodontics, but SmileDirectClub doesn’t accept direct payment from insurance companies.

The impressions kit, which is used to create your 3D scan and aligners, costs $49. Although insurance providers do not cover the impressions kit, it is covered by SmileDirectClub’s Smile Guarantee. If SmileDirectClub determines the company's program won’t work for you, it refunds the price.

Is SmileDirectClub worth it?

SmileDirectClub is worth it if you want straighter teeth and have minor issues like spacing, mild crowding or slight rotations. The company provides a great option for people looking to save on a typically expensive process.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2020

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE DISREPUTABLE COMPANY! They do NOT honor their customer service policies! I returned a product that didn’t even fit into my daughter’s mouth well within their time limit. Overnight mail with signed receipt of delivery on 3/5/20 that I have sent them multiple times. They are refusing to send me a “release form” to sign to process my credit and now I am getting “late payment” threats from their equally fraudulent finance company. I have been waiting since 3/5/20 for them to assign an “account manager” to me so they can start the refund process that they promised would be processed within 10 business days of the receipt of the returned product...this company commits fraud and does NOT honor their promises to their customer! BEWARE AND DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was consistent, followed the rules to a T just like I do in my own life and I have 0 results. Tying to get reimbursed and they are just going around in circles. This will be my last email to them with my pics. If they do not return my money then I will have to report them to BBB and any other entity that needs to know. Do not waste your money!

Get expert buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I had to start a BBB complaint and they still did not take care of the problem. "Smile Direct Club customer support has no idea how their business operates. The payments are setup through a third party that finance the product for Smile Direct Club customers. When I updated my payment information and called several times to have it fix, they never mentioned this. Furthermore, they said that if my card was updated on my smile direct account, it should work as I intended. [It did not.]

It took me several attempts calling different numbers to get someone that knew exactly what I needed to do. I wasted a few hours today just to get this fixed. It seemed like it had no end. It's very shady. You'll not see any more charges to your card from now on." I helped my boyfriend with some temporary payments and they would not remove my credit card from his account and kept charging it after we tried to change the payments to his card.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I ordered these aligners and got to the 2nd week for month 6. Week 3/4 wouldn't fit. Contacted them and went to one of their sites to get a reassessment done (Nov. 5/19). I was told it would take only 3 weeks. After 2 months and repeated calls, I still didn't have them. It took 3 months before someone would tell me if they were actually being made and expect them February 5/20. I was told, I'd have to wear the new ones another 3 months. I had being wearing month 6/wk 2 since the middle of October. The bottom one was in 3 pieces which is what I kept telling them, "How could it be doing anything, when the new ones come how are they going to fit. My teeth are shifting already." They didn't arrive, like that was a surprise!

The customer service sucks sooo bad!!! No one has an answer for anything you ask, extremely frustrating! I decided to cancel on February 7, since they didn't arrive and was told I'd have to speak to an account manager. The account manager couldn't care less either. Told me I would have to send unused ones back. My treatment was only 7 months, so having used up to month 6 they expected me to still pay for postage to send it back in the big blue box. Ridiculous!!! Cost me $27. [After speaking to him again, he assured me my account would be processed and canceled. In the meantime, Health Care Finance (financing company for them) is trying to still collect monthly payments because it hasn't been cancelled. So now it’s become a financial mess because I refused to continue to pay for something I don't have and a treatment I never even received.

Smile Direct contacted me today, not to say they finally cancelled my account but say I now still owe $936! No mention of a refund! So frustrated!!! I just wish I hadn't been so desperate to straighten my teeth. I really did go against my better judgement of never entering into second party financing agreements. SO, I've wasted $1300, so much time wearing the aligners, my teeth are going back to the way they were, I have extreme emotional distress from the whole experience, I have the joy of going back and forth with both of these companies over money they don't want to return and money they still want from me! Extrmely stressful!!!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

Like most people, I wanted to save money and have beautiful, straight teeth (they were strong, healthy and not too shockingly crooked when I started but it was time to do something just for me). Do not choose SmileDirectClub, the worst product and customer service EVER (the consult and sign up were great but after they got my money that is when the true gong show begins). I am now about to begin using Invisalign from my dentist because it is a 2 - 3 week wait for aligners compared to 4 - 6 (Smile Direct said 4 -6 but turned into 8 -10 weeks) and when your teeth don’t move the way they are predicted, I will not have to wait 10 - 12 weeks for replacement (yes, I waited that long for Smile Direct when they said 3 -4 weeks).

Today, I went to my smart ** dentist for a cleaning. He told me that he loves Smile Direct Club due to the fact that he ends up with a lot of their frustrated ex-customers because Smile Direct plan of treatment very rarely ends well for the customers and it is human nature to want to finish what they envisioned their end result would be. Due to his straight forward, honest nature, it did not surprise me that he admitted that if a straight forward, minor spacing was the only issue you had with your teeth (basically you just need them mildly tightened up or loosened) and you didn’t need any special stuff like teeth turning. Smile Direct might be able to provide someone with a somewhat visually positive result (not stellar and something that will likely be the cause of a new problem that you will pay for in pain and money in the future).

As I learned from my dentist, in order to turn teeth, you need to use buttons (one of many attachments that should be used) with any aligners. As it turns out, my two front lateral incisor teeth were never going to turn because they do not use buttons with their aligners. Likely, due to the fact that you actually have to go to the dentist to get them done. Oh BTW, X-rays should also be taken to make sure there is enough bone and root to facilitate movement and to make sure overbite or underbite can be corrected/addressed at the same time. If x-rays are not done before treatment, so many things get overlooked. You thought braces were expensive, multiple root canals are $$$$.

So admittedly, I have now spent $2,400 on Smile Direct and $6,600 for Invisalign. Please do not waste your time or money with Smile Direct. Smile Direct quoted 7 month treatment plan and with adjustment plan should have been 9 months, my teeth have now been sitting in a spit bath for coming on 14 months with Smile Direct knowing full well no predicted result were ever going to produce. I so wanted to believe that Smile Direct was the smart and fiscally responsible choice but all I ended up doing was wasting my time and money. I have to say they duped me, Smile Direct Club wins the most deplorable, morally corrupt invisible aligners company out there. Please don’t be deceived by them. This is the one and only time I will admit, “You get what you pay for!!!!”. Vanity is expensive. :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileDirectClub?

Original review: March 4, 2020

Don’t waste your time, they schedule appointment then cancel it. Ended up being 7 minutes late. Walked in and the girl at the desk doesn’t say hello just that they need to reschedule. Great concept however it’s very poorly run. Read reviews. You're better off paying more to see a orthodontist... READ REVIEWS.

Original review: March 4, 2020

To start off, SmileDirect did not produce the desired results. I went into this process knowing that people had both negative and positive things to say about this program. Frankly, I was just being overly optimistic when delving into this program. I saw what seemed to be a solid deal and a good concept, but it turned to not really work. I love the whole idea of being a market disruptor and changing a whole industry, but this concept really needs fine tuning. With more negatives than positives, Smile Direct will not receive the highest accolades in this review.

Let’s start with the positives. One thing that I did like was how easy it was to sign up and start the process. I knew many of the negative reviewers had used the at-home imprint kit, so I opted to go to the actual office. The local office had the feeling of being a somewhat reputable place. I will just say that I did not feel uncomfortable entrusting the staff. I did find it odd that the Brookfield, Wisconsin office did not have a dedicated front entrance though. It shares a door with a nail salon. Another positive was how friendly everyone was, but I still would not call it great customer service. Further in this review I will expand on this.

Unfortunately, there do happen to be more negatives than positives with this product and service. If you are reading this, you either are someone considering smile direct over traditional methods or someone that has the pleasure to respond to this over at Smile Direct.

I do want this company to work. I really do believe in the concept, but I also want to help the prospective buyer. I will just kick it off with a major downside: the overall support network. If you are the type of person who cannot go to the gym on the regular basis with just your own motivation, this program may not be the best option. If this program had more structure and checkups, it would not have many of the problems that plagues it. Furthermore, I did wear the aligners for the entire duration and the last few sets had major fitment issues, this led to the demise of this program for me. If there was a regular orthodontist checking in, this could have been mitigated. Think of it like a process with 60, 70, or even 80+ steps. If something goes wrong in step 23 or 45, the result will be skewed if it pans out at all.

In addition, When I attempted to give the program a second chance, the customer service responders (since I had about 6 of them) told me to go in for a reevaluation. One thing that was neglected to be stated was that it would cost me another $99 per month on top of the already $85/month. So, I went in for the revaluation and they emailed me the added cost a few days following. This is where the customer service slipped into sub Walmart at 2am territory. This really disappointed me to say the very least. The customer service essentially stated the warranty is 30 days and that is it. Pretty solid business practice right there if I say so myself. You can decide if that is a red flag for you or not. The emails I received back, were not the most pleasant and that brought me here. I do hope this helped you in your research. I will leave one of my favorite quotes: “Buy once, cry once.” -unknown

Original review: March 3, 2020

I think all new companies have growing pains; complaints are par for the course. For me the aligners did not work but not because they didn't work, but because I had 2 cracked crowns in need of repair when I started out. Upon further discussion with SDC, they explained to me that the aligners will not work at this time, & to send the remaining unused aligners back for a refund. I did & they refunded me my money. I have seen other people complain about not being able to get a hold of anyone at SDC, but that has never been my experience; reps for SDC were always timely in their responses; and easy to reach. I received all my answers about everything from the aligners to delivery to refunds. The aligners were originally delivered to me in 3 weeks (half the time they said it would be.)

The one concern I had was the length of time it took for the refund (30) days, but no biggie. It was handled & refunded. Also, you have 30 days from the time you receive the aligners to send them back for a refund (if you have a change of heart or are not happy.) I have read reviews & seen vids where people have mentioned SDC will refine the aligners at the end of treatment in order to get your teeth as straight as possible. I think some people expect a magic pill + have zero patience in our fast paced, over-privileged, society.

Everyone wants something yesterday & they demand perfection as if they are royalty, and when they don't get it they fall back by complaining on Social Media. My understanding is that any plastic aligners may not work on back teeth (molars) or severely crooked teeth + will not fix severe under or overbites. (Be sure you have wisdoms out for room for the teeth to move) ...& don't use plastic aligners on cracked teeth. (That's my two cents.) :-) Best Wishes.

Original review: March 3, 2020

Using SDC I saw a slight change. However, in month 5 of my 5 month treatment - that is when my issues started. The top aligner just did not fit - they were clearly too small. I sent pictures - they told me to use the "chewies" to get them to snap into place. Mind you this was not a dental professional that provided the advice. Using the "chewies" for about 5 minutes it was obvious the aligner was completely destroyed. Even if I did fit the front teeth - the molar sections were destroyed and completely flattened out.

I sent numerous emails - I only received flowery non helpful emails that did not help. Thus far, I have not heard from a dental professional. Their flawed business model puts inexperienced customer service agent to proxy for dental professionals. I regret this purchase. I now tell anyone I know that has an interests not to use SDC.

Original review: March 2, 2020

385th message to Smile Direct today: When I first began using aligners from Smile Direct I was very happy with the whitening and the progress of straightening. Since then this experience has been a complete NIGHTMARE!!! Unless you are a masochist DO NO USE!!! In November 2019 my 6 months of faithfully wearing aligners was finished but my teeth were still crooked and my bite was completely off. Smile Direct asked me three times to send pictures, I did. Smile Direct said they would be expedited, They were not.

Smile Direct asked me to come to the office and have images taken, I did. Smile Direct sent me some type of plastic glob that did not fit into my mouth. Smile Direct asked me to send more pictures, I did. Smile Direct asked me to come to the office and take more pictures again (3rd time), I did. Smile Direct told me the re-aligners would be expedited (again), they were not. Billions upon billions of calls and emails, No aligners. Teeth back to where they were originally essentially, bite completely off.

My dentist is telling me to sue and the cost to correct all of this is very high. Smile Direct told me a week ago today the aligners would be here at the end of last week, They were not. Today, March 2nd, 2020, 4 months after the re-aligners were to have been sent, Smile Direct tells me they are still in production and will be sent out on Friday, 5 more days from now, and then take five more days to get to me. Asked them to overnight, they will not. My teeth are crooked again, my bite is incredibly off and makes impossible to chew or bite down at all, my teeth are attacking and ripping up my tongue. Calling my attorney as I write this. Do not use this company for your aligners!!!!

Original review: March 1, 2020

While my experience in the beginning and during my experience with Smile Direct Club was good, order placed, received my box of aligners, followed the instructions to a T. I was actually impressed how everything was packaged and the follow up reminding me when to start my new aligners. All was well, and my teeth did get straighter. The problems came AFTER the 18 months when it was time to get an aligner. 4 months later, 5 emails and 4 phone calls, I am still waiting. Each time, getting the run around. We forgot to make them, we forgot to mail them, etc. What? Took my money the day I ordered them and I feel like I have been lied to every time I speak to someone. They are always polite but never giving a good update.

Today was my last call. Was told I would have them in 3-4 weeks as they were just ordered in the system on Feb 25, even though I ordered them online in Nov 2, 2019. I was told in early Jan they "forgot" the order and again Jan 30 and it was being put in those times. I received an email on Feb 25 that my order was placed then and today, Mar 1 2020, told I should have them in a month. Thank goodness I kept my last month's aligner but it is wearing out and my teeth are trying to shift. Will be filing complaint with BBB. Buyer beware. I'm just glad I didn't have the nightmare situation a lot of others had in the beginning. I may have to pay an orthodontist to straighten my teeth again if the aligner I receive doesn't work. With so much time passed, we will see.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Will not refund me my money, this whole process has been a nightmare. Don't use these people. They will drop the ball, blame you and still fight you on giving your money back and will turn you into a collections agency not matter their fault or not. Lies on top of lies.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I got a scan and received my aligners within a few weeks—everything is fine so far. Towards the end of my treatment, my teeth look absolutely the same! I request a re-evaluation and they accept. At this point I’m living at a new address and they send the new aligners to my old address not once but twice. I had to wait several months to finally get them to send my aligners to the correct address. I just opened the first week's aligners and guess what? They don’t fit. They are so loose all around, they are just terrible. It seems like Dr. ** has no clue on what he’s doing. This was such a bad experience. I would never recommend SmileDirectClub to anyone!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

The process with the aligners is only for very minor correction that does not last as I have learned from real orthodontists. My teeth impressions were molded but I only received uppers and was told they could not do lowers for my bite. I paid 2500 up front and was refunded 250 and told that was all I would get. The stories of a threatening company are real. I gave up and finished the care plan which was minimally successful. Absolutely not an option for real teeth alignment if that is what you were seeking. I had/have an overbite with space to move but their treatment failed. They will not respond to my request for more appropriate refund of fees paid for uppers and lowers and only receiving uppers. There is no professional in process evaluation, only office help which is more customer relations with only one dental tech in Nashville that has some semblance of training. I am glad NBC is exposing this scam. Don't buy and don't invest.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Aftercare for SmileDirectClub is an absolute joke. They say you'll be evaluated by a dentist but that never happens. You take a few pictures and upload them to their server, never to hear back from them again. I ordered the retainers in the time frame that was given. This is a month before you finish your adjusters so they should have ample time to make and ship out the retainers. 3 months after placing the order the retainers STILL did not arrive. Multiple customer service complaints were placed and nothing was done to speed along the process. I was on the last adjuster the entire time.

And worst of all, the retainers that I received fit horribly to the point where I was bleeding because of the way they cut into my gums. When I contacted customer support they said they didn't believe me. After I sent them a ton of pictures they said the pictures need to be of the retainers in my mouth. THE **? I just told you idiots that they go straight into my gums. Their solution was to CUT THEM WITH SCISSORS! If I knew this company would be such a cluster after I gave them my money then I would have gone elsewhere. ** these guys.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

The aligners worked to some degree, but they did not get my teeth as straight as was projected. So, I was disappointed. I would rather have spent more and got the anticipated result.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Terrible experience. The aligners did not fit properly, cut into the gums and some did not fit at all. Took forever to get customer service to replace the aligners. They asked for pictures, sent pictures and they lost them. I stopped the program after two months. I asked for my money back and of course they refused. Overall, a horrible experience and I have let all my friends and family know never to use their sub-standard products.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Smile Direct is awesome. Wish I'd known about it before my kids were bilked for thousands through their dentist. I financed through them too. Took about 9 mos to straighten out my "snaggleteeth" smile. Got retainers through them as well. It was fast easier, much faster, and faster less expensive than going through a traditional orthodontist (or even getting invisalign through the dentist)!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Got the aligners to straighten my teeth, however, it destroyed my note so I had an extreme underbite. Unlike Invisalign they do nothing to correct your bite.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

It all starts out with a scan of your teeth and within 10 days your entire set of aligners for the next months is shipped to you with easy instructions. If you follow them you will succeed and your teeth shift nicely to where you want them. THEN toward the end, if you order the retainers exactly when they tell you, the first representative says they ordered, but will forget to actually order them. Then they finally put in the order a week later and suddenly the shipping window goes from 3 weeks to 6+ weeks. Basically, the entire procedure of straightening your teeth was for nothing because you are not receiving your retainers to hold teeth in place on time. I have been wearing my last set of aligners, but they are broken, because they were never made to last longer than 2 weeks. I ordered 11/22/2019.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

It started okay, but after the first month, my aligners didn't fit. I had to go back for another fitting and after numerous phone calls and more than 2 months, I finally got a few that would fit. I wore those but onto the next ones, didn't fit again. I notified them and got a text saying they were sending instructions, but didn't. I waited but didn't get any and contacted them again. I was given the instructions but it's such a hassle and truly, I haven't seen any changes. I should've finished last month, but I'm only on month 2 because of the issues with fitting.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Keeping this product takes a lot of getting use to. It was very annoying. What I wanted done with one tooth was not meant to my satisfaction. I feel like I wasted my money. Also if you don’t buy the product right out they charge you an extra 1000$ bucks. I kid you not. Then they want you to buy some extra retainer just in case your white chiclets decide to shift back. In all fairness it may work for others. It just did not work for me. I am still paying as we speak for this product. This is just my opinion. It's a bunch of hard plastic that forces your teeth into the desired position you want your teeth placed. Is it it better than braces? I guess if you get what you desire. And the price is cheaper. This is my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Evil company. After being picked on my entire life about my teeth, I was over the moon the day I received my aligners in the mail. Two weeks in my teeth in pain and feeling lose, I did some research to see if it was normal. As they give you little to no info on the actual product you just dropped thousands of dollars on. To my horror and dismay I learn people had In fact been losing teeth. I was surely going to be the next if I hadn't returned them immediately. I was very let down I thought I was going to gain self confidence finally, in my smile. The return process was a monster on top of the already having the initial let down of knowing straight teeth and confidence may never be attainable in my lifetime. Instead of being remorseful and trying to reconcile, they made me feel like, a nuisance or a liar. Even less than for "not being able to afford it". It breaks my heart just writing/ reliving the whole fiasco.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My first set of aligners were made incorrectly. I have been waiting 9 weeks for my new set. Have called them several times with no answers. They keep offering me free retainers. I have told them several time I don’t want anything for free. I SIMPLY WHAT THE PRODUCT I HAVE PAID FOR. The latest information is that I will have my aligners in another week. Crossing my fingers and praying I finally get them so I can get back on track. Terrible terrible terrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I’ve been through 3 rounds of corrections and I’m almost 3 yrs in. Awful customer service. They send faulty products and make you wait months for remakes. I do not recommend tele dental practices.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I used SDC for 9 months and 3 separate treatments. My initial treatment was supposed to be 5 months but I needed two refinements as the product didn’t work. I was approved for a THIRD refinement, but declined to proceed with another treatment as my doctor advised me to stop using the aligners immediately as the aligners not fitting properly had caused my gums to recede. During my check ins, I had told SDC I didn’t think my aligners were fitting properly and they told me I was wrong and to continue using them.

My account manager had told me prior to this that I can submit photos to either process a refund, or proceed with another refinement. Interestingly enough, as soon as I said I’d like to submit my photos for a refund, I was assigned a new account manager and told I needed to submit ridiculous amounts of very personal information as well as medical information. When I sent in screenshots from my account manager stating I only needed to submit a statement and photos for a refund, I was ignored. SDC has assumed no responsibility and refused to issue me a refund.

The only assistance they’ve offered is to cancel my remaining balance (which is essentially paid off). In order to do this, I’d need to sign a four page agreement waiving my rights to a refund, waiving my rights to litigation, and allows SDC to sue me for any reviews I leave or anything I post about the company. Run away, this company is a scam and a complete joke. They’ve done severe damage to a lot of mouths and it’s amazing they’re still in business. Not surprised they have so many class action lawsuits against them.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I am writing this in hopes to finally get some resolution from this company. I started my Smile journey in February with you guys and right off the bat, I ran into an issue with the company charging the wrong card and cost me almost $400 in negative fees with my bank that I had to fight for relentlessly. Finally it was resolved. 2.5 months into my treatment, I was having issues with fitting. From the start they were bothersome and causing sores from rubbing, I was having to use a Dremel drill and wax to try to make it tolerable. I was approved for refinements. At the beginning of those, I was pleased. They fit so much better than the first sets sent. No rubbing, they fit perfectly; no trimming or wax. It was perfection.

Late July I start having issues again with fitting on one side. It wouldn’t fit correctly causing comfort issues and stalling my progress. I went back into the smile shop and had scans done. I was approved for refinements again. This was in August. I start getting update emails on it being 4-6 weeks to receive them. 2 months go by and they still haven’t been shipped. I hear there are delays due to overwhelming orders. November comes and another email stating it would be another few weeks! This is unacceptable! You’re telling me it may be 4-5 months at this point and I’m supposed to wear the same aligners from M3w1 (month 3 week 1) for 4-5 months?! No! I’m paying almost $80 a month and getting nothing! No improvement, no results, nothing. So what was supposed to be a 6 month Process is now going 9-10 months and I’m getting no where.

I request to cancel at this point bc this is too much trouble at this point and I don’t even wanna risk doing this going forward anymore. On November 6th, an account manager called me named Sydney and offered $100 off of the price, I declined; she offered the free retainer and I declined bc I already had been offered that. She offered to ship the aligners out within 7-10 days! Ridiculous!!! The worst thing you can do is offer to ship something to someone in days that they’ve waited MONTHS for. She mentioned sending me an email requesting progress photos so they could get a full refund started. I never received that email. I emailed customer care the next day requesting that email. It never came. Nov 11th, I called and spoke with a representative who said they’d send it. Nope! Nothing!

I called back hours later and spoke with Juan and I told him I wasn’t hanging up until I got the email on how to get this cancellation going. He emailed me and sat on the phone until it came! It was only the return instructions though. I did what the email asked. I received an email from Sydney a few days later asking for the photos - I sent more than enough showing I haven’t had any progress since my 3rd month until this which was when I got my first refinements. That means for now 10 months -I’ve spent $800 on nothing! Everytime I call, I get crap! No one can help me! I finally got Jamal who emailed me stating I owe money, the other day who was helpful. I expressed to him that I needed someone to pull that call from nov 6th with Sydney bc she didn’t note the account at all about the full refund offer. He stated he would get the matter to an account lead and a supervisor and have the call pulled.

I receive a call yesterday (11/29) from Sydney and she states that she only offered a full refund if I allowed her to ship me the refinements out. I asked her to please help me understand bc I have been waiting MONTHS for that opportunity and I can’t after all this time get a full refund, but after they send me more product that will product that will cost us both money and if they don’t work out; THEN I can get a full refund?! How much sense does that make?! She states to me that she’ll have a supervisor call me.

Today (11/30) a gentleman called that I could barely understand just to tell me he couldn’t help me and he’d have Sydney call me again. This has been the absolute worst run around and customer service. I was emailed earlier this week stating I still owe money and never offered any credit for the refinements I was promised and didn’t receive! A multi-million dollar company can’t even try to make sure they’re doing any and all things to resolve this peacefully. Instead I’m getting the worst run around and biggest headache!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I would give zero or negative stars if I could, I placed my order at a brick and mother Smile shop in the first week of September 2019. Overall experience at the store was good to begin with. The staff was nice informative and professional. I was told it would take 3-4 weeks to receive my aligners in the mail, let me also mention I paid in full at the store, it is now the November 12th and I have yet to receive my order, I have contacted the company multiple times only to hear that they sent a message to the lab and they were still awaiting a reply, (apparently this company can’t afford phones) or the customer service “professionals” haven’t been trained to use them. Still can’t figure that one out.

So I finally decided to sent a nice letter to the BBB, company finally got back to me with some answers, not good news but news none the less, I will be waiting another month before they ship my order that I placed on Sept 4. If I do not get my order on or before the date they got back to me with I will ensure everyone is warned about this company. Updates to follow.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Aligners did not fit. Went back to get fitted and NEVER! received a email or phone call to say that there was an issue. I had to call them only to find out they did NOT do the measurements correct AGAIN? So they wanted me to come back, which is a INCONVENIENCE to me. I want to CANCEL my contract but the manager “CHARLES” is always busy, with another phone call. Now they want me to leave my phone number? For what? So he can check his list of people to AVOID!! They are still taking my money but GUESS WHAT? That card is CANCEL!! Now take me to court!! ???? **DON’T DO IT!!!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I started SmileDirect treatment in September of 2017, finishing in November of 2018. At the start I had very crooked bottom teeth, all on the same plane. After my Smile Direct treatment, with 2 adjustments I now have very nice straight bottom teeth. I also have 4 teeth that are loose even after wearing the retainer as advised. Two of my bottom teeth are significantly lower than the others. I cannot say SD caused these conditions. I am sorry I did not go to an orthodontist. It will cost me over 12k to correct, and MAYBE save my teeth.

SmileDirectClub Company Information