Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5

Beginning in 2014, SmileDirectClub has helped over one million people straighten their crooked teeth and transform their smiles without the discomfort of conventional metal brackets and wires at a cost that’s 60% less than traditional braces. SmileDirectClub also has a quick treatment time of four to six months.

BOTTOM LINE

SmileDirectClub is an oral care company that specializes in straightening teeth by using custom-made clear aligners worn daily or overnight.

PROS

• Less expensive than traditional braces
  • SmilePay affordable payment plan
  • Average treatment plan is 4-6 months

CONS

• Must meet eligibility requirements
  • Only for mild to moderate corrections
SmileDirectClub Get Started

Smile Direct Club products

How does SmileDirectClub work?

You can get started with SmileDirectClub in a few simple steps:

1. Start by taking SmileDirectClub’s 30-second assessment on its website to see if you're a candidate for treatment.
  2. SmileDirectClub's team emails you to provide your options to get started, which include either ordering a doctor-prescribed impression kit or booking an appointment at a SmileShop.
  3. SmileDirectClub creates a 3D image of your smile by either performing a scan at your SmileShop appointment or processing the molds of your teeth taken with an impression kit. The company's technicians use proprietary software to create a draft treatment plan.
  4. A state-licensed doctor reviews your 3D image, photos of your teeth and your dental/medical history to determine candidacy for clear aligner therapy and review and approve your treatment plan. The doctor references photos of your teeth, the 3D image and your medical/dental history to prescribe clear aligner therapy.
  5. Once you agree to the treatment plan, SmileDirectClub mails you your prescribed aligners and a courtesy teeth-whitening kit.
  6. Throughout the treatment, your licensed dentist or orthodontist monitors your progress through SmileDirectClub’s teledentristry platform. Virtual check-ins occur regularly.

SmileDirectClub has two treatment options: original clear aligners or Nighttime clear aligners. The original clear aligners can straighten your smile in four to six months and should be worn 22 hours a day. They’re ideal for customers who want an expedited straightening treatment. The Nighttime clear aligners provide a more flexible option and have a treatment time of eight to 10 months.

The company also has a program for teens that includes a trackable aligner case using Tile, a device that lets you find the case by using a mobile app. The aligner options are the same, but other products are geared more toward a teenager's busy lifestyle.

How much does SmileDirectClub cost?

SmileDirectClub treatment plans take an average of six months and cost $1,895. SmileDirectClub offers financing and payment plans, and customers can choose between two payment options:

• Single Pay, a one-time payment of $1,950
  • SmilePay, which requires a $250 down payment and 24 monthly payments of $89

You may qualify for reimbursement from your dental insurance provider if it covers orthodontics, but SmileDirectClub doesn’t accept direct payment from insurance companies.

The impressions kit, which is used to create your 3D scan and aligners, costs $59. Although insurance providers do not cover the impressions kit, it is covered by SmileDirectClub’s Smile Guarantee. If SmileDirectClub determines the company's program won’t work for you, it refunds the price.

Is SmileDirectClub worth it?

SmileDirectClub is worth it if you want straighter teeth and have minor issues like spacing, mild crowding or slight rotations. The company provides a great option for people looking to save on a typically expensive process.

SmileDirectClub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileDirectClub?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmileDirectClub?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Quick summary: Very pleased. Saved $4,200 compared to an in-person orthodontist. Everything went smooth from the start. Corrected "bucky teeth" perfectly along with some other small corrections.

Full review: It's scary to get braces online, I know, we were very skeptical and didn't decide to go with it until visiting one of their in person offices to get a laser scan. Very professional and well trained, top notch employees!

#1 - Clear aligners are not for everyone, and generally, the more messed up your teeth are, the less likely you can use aligners. Visit a dentist and pay for a professional opinion about getting clear aligners; most dentists sell them themselves. Don't mention online aligners, as you can imagine, they want to charge you $6,000 not $1,900 like SmileDirect...They have a Ferrari payment to make. After an examination, they can tell you whether or not aligners are right for the situation and you can ask questions. This is much better than spending time on molds and visits with smile direct...If your dentist doesn't think aligners are the way to go, Smile Direct probably won't either...Again, don't mention smile direct to your dentist; online braces are a huge threat to their cash cow and they may dishonestly discourage you from buying online.

#2 - Go to a smile direct store and get a laser scan. Even if it's a couple hours drive, do it. We did, the aligners fit perfectly from day one. They also have a bus that travels around, so see if/when it may be in your area.

#3 - You may to need to file the top edges of the aligners to stop them from rubbing too much. This is not a big deal; a hand finger nail file was all that was needed; a rotary tool is cheap at places like Harbor Freight and makes the job easy and fast.

#4 - You are moving your teeth; this is not a painless process! If a mosquito bite sends you to the emergency room, then you're probably better off sticking with crooked teeth. In our case, it was not "painful"; it was just an annoyance and the person had a high pain tolerance to begin with.

#5 - Brush your teeth and clean your aligners multiple times a day to prevent cavities and other problems. You are wrapping your teeth in plastic for months on end...You need to keep them clean!

7 months later, no more bucky teeth, super smile, no issues. It's now more than a year since treatment ended and all is well, teeth look great and the retainers at night are not an issue. Hope this helps and good luck with your teeth!

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Bill, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear about this great experience. We love providing a cost-effective option for our customers. We truly appreciate the support. Best, Toni

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I’m very happy with my results! I’m now on 5.5 months of my 6 month plan and notice a drastic difference. However my teeth were not horrible before - just minor crowding and my front two teeth were pushed outward. This really is a much cheaper alternative however keep in mind you get what you pay for. The biggest downfall is that you DON'T see an orthodontist the entire duration of treatment. As opposed to getting braces or Invisalign where you see one every time you change your trays. However you do have to send a picture halfway through your treatment to your assigned “virtual orthodontist” which I thought is pretty interesting. You get the entire 6 month treatment/set of aligners in one big box and it’s up to YOU to be disciplined and wear them 22 hours a day, and change them weekly as directed.

From the reviews, most people have poor ratings because the trays did not fit. There were MANY times when I started new trays where I thought it would not go in either. However I think it’s supposed to be like that. I mean, it is getting tighter every time you use a new tray, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to just slide in easily. You have to really push it through, and I find putting it on by one section first helps. Not sure if that makes sense, but for example putting it on from the left side first then making your way to the right side. Rather than just popping the whole thing in at once (which is almost impossible!). Get it through one side first then work your way around.

There were weeks where I would be diligent and wear my aligners 22 hours a day, and then when I changed trays it wasn’t difficult to get in because my teeth had shifted to fit into the next trays. Then some weeks I would forget and only wear it 10-18 hours a day and the next set felt really tight and really hard to get in. So you MUST remember to be diligent and wear them as instructed. It will also ache when it first goes in after really having to force it through. But my friends who had braces said they felt discomfort too. Your teeth are shifting after all. It just aches a bit as your teeth adjusts to the tightness. No pain though. And by day 2 I had no more discomfort...until you switch trays again! Luckily it’s only 6 months.

Also when I called into customer service to order an extra aligner remover, and then once again to order my retainer, they were very professional, very nice! Zero problems with customer service. The only issue is that it takes a long time for them to come in (4-5 weeks). So expect delays. Another complaint is that the aligners really pushed my gums back. Like I basically have a receding gum line now... it’s not bad... but I mean, they definitely look receded. I had to switch my toothbrush to an extremely soft bristle as to not further damage my gyms. I hope they will go back to normal once I am done with the aligners. The receding gums has not caused any issues so far.

My last and final suggestion that I REALLY wish I had known prior to ordering the entire aligner box, is to request TWO additional aligner remover stick. Don’t. Forget. This. Trust me, do yourself a favour and order two extras right when you order your box. As mentioned, the aligners are REALLY tight, so it’s almost impossible to remove them by hand.

You have to use the aligner remover stick. And so many times I would forget the stick at home, and starve at work or when going out because I couldn’t get the aligners off. Pretty sure I lost weight because of this (you can’t eat with aligners in). And because it took 5 weeks for the remover to come in, it was a huge pain having to remember to bring that remover everywhere I go! I remember before leaving the house, I would remind myself, “keys, phone, wallet... aligner stick” LOL. Then when they came in, I kept one at home, in my bag, and one at work. So much easier that way! All in all, I am very impressed with the results and you just need to remember this is a budget option. Don’t expect you’re going to get 5 star service. You get all the aligners and the rest is in your hands. Good luck!

Sang,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We truly value our customers feedback and appreciate you sharing your experience.

Best,

Megan

Original review: April 23, 2020

I've had my aligners for about three months now, and I have to say they are working, as I see results, but honestly, they're not for everyone. My experience was pretty good; I went to a Smile Direct Club in Morristown, NJ and had the scan of my current smile. Seriously easy and painless, their computer showed your current smile and your smile to be. They tell you how long you need to wear the aligners to achieve the end-date smile and some basic information.

Received my package in a few weeks (They don't bill your card until they're ready to ship) and it was then that I found out that to reach your goal, the aligners must be worn for 22 hours. Okay, I could have asked that question at the time of my visit, but I didn't. You also need to take them out every time you eat, or drink anything other than cool water. After eating you must floss and brush. Honestly, not a bad personal hygiene policy, but super inconvenient. Obviously if you're a cook/chef and need to taste food as you cook, this is not a great option. Likewise on the weekends if you go out to dinner and maybe want to hang out with friends for drinks afterwards, this is simply not part of the "plan". I found that making dinner at home was difficult, because you may want to taste things as you go along, and really can't if you stick to the "plan". Realistically, wearing them for 22 hours a day is not feasible for most people.

Secondly, when you first pop a new pair in, they hurt. You expect that there will be some degree of mild pain simply by design. They are created to stretch or push your teeth into a more aligned position, and you know you'll feel pressure, but what you're not expecting is the sharpness of the plastic sticking out from your gums. They provide an emory board to try and help with this, but I went out and bought a $35 Dremel from Lowe's to file down all the spots that irritate your tongue. My first set had my tongue raw and swollen, and rubbing an emory board or nail file on them does little to bring the situation under control. If you sprung for the aligners, you can spring for a cheap Dremel (which will make life so much easier...trust me).

Lastly, these things are tough to clean! They provide some cleaning tablets, which you can order more of through the website or by the daily emails coming your way from Smile Direct. I sprung for another $35.00 accessory from Amazon...an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. Nice and simple; I just add a capful of mouthwash and two more of cool water and press start. You'd be surprise how much fine "stuff" comes floating off the aligners, stuff I don't want going back into my mouth! This method is especially good for the two-week aligners. The material on these weeks is much thicker than than the one week sets, and you can only imagine what you can't brush off after the tenth through fourteenth day of use (yikes).

All in all I think they're working, but do not be fooled by the ads showing how nice and easy they are. There's a level of commitment you'll need to apply for good results. Smile Direct does have a warranty, but you must abide by the 22 hour a day rule, or the warranty is void. Oh, did I forget to mention that when you're done with the course or aligners, for the rest of your life you'll need to wear a retainer overnight? All that for $99.00 every six months. The website claims that if you do not do this, your teeth will move back into the original configuration, the one you paid to change in the first place. If you've decided to move forward, good for you, it really has been working for me and I'm at the 1/2 way point. I think you'll be happy with the results, just take my advice and spring for the Dremel at the very least, you won't regret it.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi, Ken. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're so sorry for the delay. We just recently gained access to these reviews and are still here to help if you need anything. Feel free to send us an email at reviews@smiledirectclub.com if we can help.

Best,

Megan

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

After receiving my Smile plan, I emailed the support team with questions and concerns about my smile plan. During my in-person screening, I was reassured that a licensed professional would review my plan and address any questions I had. My first email was on November 7th, and I did not receive a response email until 11/17, 10 days later!!! Between November 7th and 17th, I contacted the Smile Direct chat team multiple times asking for a status update. Each time I was told that it would take 3-5 days for a Dental professional to review and rebuild my plan. I wasted countless hours on chat and no one was really actioning my plan. I have no faith that anyone was actually following up on my plan. I also do not believe that the responses I received were properly vetted or addressed by a licensed orthodontist. I am at a complete loss...

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Jean, thank you for leaving us this review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been contacted yet, regarding your concerns with the treatment plan. We want to resolve this and turn your experience around. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Kindest Regards, Toni

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I used to have braces and it took 2 years to get results that time. After the braces, I didn't go back to finish it. I went with SmileDirect and it took about five months for the results. Everything is good.

SmileDirectClub response

We love providing a convenient option for our customers. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Aguek.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I am very frustrated with Smile Direct. I received my aligners in the middle of May. With little progress made after 3 months, I received a new set of aligners. It is now mid-Nov. and my teeth are still very crooked, although minimally better. I try to get a hold of the Dental Team and the wait increases as you wait. I have tried to have a callback, but the 800 numbers are ever changing and show up as spam so go directly to voicemail. Soooo irritated! In all of these months, I have only been able to get through twice after so many calls.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Mary, thank you for reaching out to us and leaving this review. We are sorry to hear that you feel like you are not making progress and that we are hard to get in contact with. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

SDC promised me straight teeth in 4 months after going through the initial assessment. I followed all guidance diligently and was even told I was on track for the projected straight teeth outcome (digitally rendered) when I completed my check-in. However, after 4 months my teeth are not perfectly straight as promised by SDC, and when I contacted them, their response was either invest more time/money into a "touch-up" process, or request a refund but they would withhold/prevent getting future retainers so I would lose the small gains I had made. This response is highly unethical as they should stand behind their product and refund proportional to the actual outcome. I am about 85-90% satisfied, but my teeth are not 100% teeth as their promise projected in 4 months. Therefore, a proportional refund would be reasonable and satisfactory, but their options were not amenable based on being further exploitative and manipulative.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Rachel, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your end results. Our goal is to help our customers achieve the results they desire and we will do everything within our protocol to help them do so. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I scheduled an appointment online on 11/8 and I had my physical appointment on 11/13. I was told that I wouldn’t be charged until an orthodontist reach out to me within 72hrs about my full plan, what my smile would look like and how long I would have aligners. No one called. I received an e-mail stating I was charged and my aligners would take 4-5 weeks. I never agreed to continuing with their services, but yet I was charged. I had to call and file a claim and I’m supposedly receiving a refund. Do not trust what they say when you go in for your appointment. They do poor business and falsified my signature on paperwork.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Janelle, I am very sorry to hear that you have been charged before approving your plan. This is not at all what we wanted for you and I am very sorry to see you have lost confidence in moving forward with us. Thank you for leaving this review. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I wanted to make my teeth straight and SmileDirectClub seemed to be the best option. They were cheap and when I saw other people's results, it was great. Every time I asked their reps a question, they were great. I feel great and it's very comfortable. I'm very happy about the result.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Abdulmejid. We're so happy to see this review. Thank you so much!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I thought that SmileDirectClub would be reputable, but they are not. I had a terrible experience with them. I got the first set of aligners and then my teeth really didn’t move. So I needed a second set but they sent me another set that didn't fit my teeth. When I tried to contact them, they told me to just push them on. But I told them that they wouldn't stay on. Then no one would get back to me. Finally, I went back and forth with them and they were supposed to be issuing me a refund at this time.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Gina, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your end results, and that the aligners caused you discomfort during your treatment plan. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

The DC store was a great experience, all the employees were extremely professional and helpful. Selam explained everything to me very well and helped me with deciding what I wanted to do. It wasn't uncomfortable at all and I felt very at home. Overall 10/10 service and would go again!

SmileDirectClub response

Christy, thank you for the high star rating!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

My #5 aligners were not fitting correctly, so I called SmileDirect, and they suggested I try wearing them and using my “chewy” to see if they would click into place. I did a little trimming and filed in a few places, and it worked!!! Thank you once again SMILE DIRECT!!!! I’m in the process of my first time of whitening for a week.... so far so good. Love my LED mouthpiece!! Phyllis **.

SmileDirectClub response

Phyllis, we're delighted to read your review!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Initially I was extremely happy with this company and I gave them a great review. I don't know what has happened over time. I have been trying to get retainers what seems like forever. I have emailed/texted/called and was informed they had account info errors... That were I was told all corrected while I remained on the phone. They assured me the retainers would be completed and all was good. So much time had passed once again I emailed to follow up and never even got a response after the computer generated one. So I called again. I got through after a long long wait time. I got disconnected while speaking with them.... And here I am starting all over in square one!

SmileDirectClub response

Hi William thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We apologize for the experience you have had with our Customer Care. I am very sorry to see the delay you have experienced with getting retainers. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2020

Exceeds SDC parameters.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Unfortunately, my teeth must be too messed up because I’m not able to complete my order. I was really looking forward to finally being able to fix my teeth without going the drastic metal braces route. Oh well.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Kamara, thanks for leaving us a review. Our goal is to help our customers achieve the results they desire and we will do everything within our protocol to help them do so. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

My card was charged immediately before I was able to review my plan. I reviewed my plan and parts of my mouth looked WORSE than prior. I stated my concern that I will not be putting these aligners in my mouth if this isn’t changed. They said they can’t promise anything. I still haven’t heard back in a couple of days. Doesn’t seem very professional. If I don’t hear back I’m going to report it with my card.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Mary-Kate, I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your treatment plan and that we charged you before you where able to review it. We would like to turn your experience around and promptly assist with this. Thank you for leaving this review. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Kindest Regards, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

My experience with Smile Direct Club was so smooth and great. I went in to just get a scan and before getting there I decided I was going to wait a couple of weeks. Austin recommended CareCredit so I wouldn’t have to wait longer, and she was super helpful and walked me through the process. I will be bringing in my little brother soon to get his teeth fixed with smile direct.

SmileDirectClub response

Happy to hear this, Itati! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I called before paying my down payment and asked if I could only get one aligner, I was told yes and that they would then take off $350, I also told the person at my scan and they took a screen shot of the note saying they are only giving me one aligner and taking $350 off. I called back after my smile appointment like I was told to, to confirm I was getting $350 taken off my total and that never happened and the lady on the phone says they already made two aligners but I put in a request for just one with two different people. Now how many people am I going to have to talk to about this?

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Samantha, thank you for reaching out to you us. I am very sorry to hear about the miscommunications that have been given to you by our customer care. I will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I did an in-person scan because I had trouble with the mail-in molds. There were great handwashing and sanitizing policies in place that made me feel safe despite increasing covid cases in the area. The actual scan was quick and easy. The ladies were very thorough, kind, friendly, and attentive. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

SmileDirectClub response

Angela, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I haven't received my aligners yet but so far the process has been SUPER simple. I did feel that they tried to manipulate me into signing their contract but I've had no problems so far. They promised me a $50 gift card and I have not been able to redeem that so that's really lame. I needed a paper copy of my receipt and they quickly and easily provided that.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Michele, I am very sorry to hear that you are unable to redeem the gift card. It is our goal to provide our customers with a convenient and informative experience. I will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I was greeted as soon as I walked through the door and the professionals assisted me immediately answering all of my questions which made my visit a very pleasant one, so I left smiling. Yes I would recommend SmileDirect to my friends and family.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Carmela, thank you so much for your positive comments about SmileDirectClub!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I went into your office to have the scan, selected the nighttime only plan, follow the link that I was approved to pay, was told the plan was for daytime aligners, was told My case would be escalated and receive a phone call, have not received any communication except that they canceled my order. I have reviewed everywhere under my account and can’t find an order number. Very disappointed and still waiting to hear WHAT happened with my order. My daughter was very excited when I said I ordered them and she saw her plan only to tell her I received an email it’s been canceled. Her name is Micaela **. I received an email they were shipped and now that they’re canceled, I’ve contacted your customer service more times than I can count and they all say someone will call- and NO ONE has called, just inaccurate emailed that I’m told are auto generated. I need a real person who has the authorization to actually help and see what’s going on to call.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Rachel, I am very sorry to hear that the wrong aligners were ordered. This is not at all how we wanted to start your journey. Thank you for your patience and leaving us this review. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Had a great in office visit with the technician and explained that I only needed a lower retainer because I have a brace on the top teeth. I asked that I would assume it would be a lower price due to that and my teeth are not that crooked, so less time. She agreed. I got the email for price and it was the full amount and the order got placed without me accepting. I talked to 2 customer service people and they were horrible. They could not explain it and you could not understand them. Because of that I cancelled the order. Really bummed.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Margaret, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We apologize for the experience you have had with our Customer Care, this is not at all how we want our customers to be treated. I am very sorry to see that you have decided to cancel your account. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I took my daughter in for her first consultation and scan and was blown away by the friendly and professional consultant. All of our questions were answered and we left confident in the process and excited to get started.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Telina. Thank you again for taking the time to share a review! We truly appreciate the support.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I asked for a refund about 10 days ago - they said it would take up to 2-10 to be reflected but nothing has happened yet. I was also not aware of Fast Track and was not allowed to deny the request to move forward with Smile Direct.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Jasmin, thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We apologize for the experience you have had with our Customer Care. I am very disappointed to see that your refund has not been distributed yet. I will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

From the moment I stepped into their 61st Street & 3rd Avenue location I experienced nothing but professionalism. My SmileGuide, Geral, was AMAZING and truly a pleasure to work with. Geral explained everything to me in detail, was not pushy at all, was very professional and made me feel very comfortable with the entire process. I am so happy I decided to take the step and come to Smile Direct. So excited to have an awesome smile with no spaces. Gracias amigo Dominicano.. :)

SmileDirectClub response

We are loving your enthusiasm, Mary! This means the world to us – thank you so much.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I am very happy with my Smile Direct experience. Very helpful with directions over the phone and well directed. 2 months wearing my aligners and wow what a difference! I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you smile direct.

SmileDirectClub response

Happy to hear this, Darryl! We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased these aligners over a year ago and still cannot use them. They did not fit when I received them. I have been trying to get replacement aligners since and have been met with requests to send in photos (which I have done 12 times) and still no replacement aligners. I have called and emailed and been promised to have a new impression kit sent, this has not happened since my request months ago. My last 6 emails have not been answered. I continue to pay so my credit is not affected and yet I do not have any product to show for my purchase and no response or customer service. So very disappointed!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Terri, I am very sorry to hear that you are still being charged and waiting on replacements with no aligners that fit. This is not at all how we wanted to start your journey. Thank you for your patience and leaving us this review. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2020

Update*** I received an immediate response from the review dept. I was then referred back to the dental dept in which they listened very attentively about my experience/results and current concerns. I was offered to complete the Touch Up Aligner Program free of charge. Even though I still have reserved anxiety about possible discomfort, I was provided with alternative tips to assist during this treatment. I joined the program initially with hopes of having the results/success that others have had with company and now I am provided with another opportunity to hopefully be able to say the same.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I was passive about my prior experience but was encouraged by family to write a review about results and experience in the hope that it may help someone else make informed decisions. I started the treatment and not too far in, I started having issues with the fitting of the aligners and cutting of my gums starting approximately into the start of month 2-6. The correspondence or response with the company was always how to just file the aligners. My teeth were not corrected during this initial time, 6 months, as previously expected even though my teeth only had crowding in the 2 upper and lower front teeth. They did set me up for re-evaluation and another visit to have new pictures taken for a further treatment course.

During this visit the tech observed too that the aligners were ill fit and stated she will place a special note. I then completed another couple months with the same issues. I lost gum tissue and now have bruised gums in the front of my mouth. Decided to no longer proceed with complaints nor requesting further treatment after I completed the second treatment without successful results once again. I ordered the retainers as they had been previously paid for. Received the retainer and it would not go in at all. I contacted them and they gave suggestions that were not appropriate for my concern and no longer received correspondence. My teeth are the same as when I started the program but my gum tissue is in worse condition. Now in a position to spend more money to either go with Invisalign or traditional braces. I have wasted such a significant amount of time and money and wish I had used the other options available.

SmileDirectClub response

Hello Valyncia, thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your end results, and that the aligners caused you discomfort during your treatment plan. It is disappointing to know that our customer care was not very helpful. We are happy that you did not stay passive about this. We will be reaching out via private message to further assist. Best, Toni

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I wanted confidence, so I wanted to have my smile fixed. I then heard about SmileDirectClub from a friend. I contacted them a few days ago. I requested a second order because the order that I received were too big for me. But so far, they've been great. I am happy with the process.

SmileDirectClub response

Hi Elvin. Thank you so much for this 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share. We’re here for you at any time.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

I had braces as a teen. In my forties, I noticed my teeth begin to shift. Over several years, I kept looking for an inexpensive way not to start over with braces again. The absorbent cost for moving a tooth back into line to ensure it doesn't move others was mind boggling. Finally, Smile Direct Club to the rescue. The setup and mold was easy and on my crazy schedule. I am six weeks in and already seeing a difference for a lot less money than the $5000 I was quoted only 2 months before I found Smile Direct Club.

SmileDirectClub response

Hey Susan. We sure are proud of both our team and the technology we use in order to give our customers a cost-effective and convenient option. We appreciate that you took the time to share some kind words.

SmileDirectClub Company Information