Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Invisalign manufactures clear aligners that help to straighten your teeth inconspicuously. Its products, which require no wires or brackets and are composed of BPA- and latex-free materials, typically work more quickly than traditional braces. With Invisalign, you can customize your treatment plan using digital scans — and you won’t have to restrict the food you eat.

Invisalign products

Invisalign Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invisalign?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invisalign?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Invisalign provides great results, comparable to traditional braces. A huge benefit is the ability to take the aligners out to clean teeth without maneuvering around all the brackets and wires. It's much easier to keep teeth clean when appliances aren't fixed to the teeth. The main disadvantage of clear aligners is they are removable, making it easier to lose or forget to put back in. Unfortunately they do not work if they aren't in the mouth. Overall, I am satisfied with my results, but it is very expensive.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I am using Invisalign braces for my bottom teeth only. I am 55 years old, and had traditional braces as a teen. My bottom teeth had become crooked over the years, and so I tried Invisalign. They are very expensive, and a year of wearing them regularly, my teeth are definitely straighter, but not perfect. I am somewhat disappointed that I did not achieve the end result I was hoping for. The Invisalign are great in the respect that you have flexibility, and I would recommend for minor needs. I believe traditional braces give you a better end result.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Before Invisalign I never took pictures that showed my teeth. I was extremely skeptical about the entire Invisalign process. I felt like the commercials were actors who were paid to say good things about the product. That was until my best friend started her journey and ended with a beautiful smile. An affordable option is available on my own free time without the wires and constant orthodontist visits. Invisalign has truly made a skeptic like me a believer and now I can’t stop smiling.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I'm 62 years old so I wasn't expecting to get braces at my age. However, having never had braces, my teeth became a train wreck. I started biting the inside of my cheek. I looked at implants about two years, but they were ridiculously expensive. Went to two other dentists until one suggested that I look at Invisalign. They too were more than I really wanted to pay, but I liked the concept and decided to take the leap. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, especially when I was told that one of my front teeth had to be removed, but it was the one that was causing me problems, so I thought it was needed.

Anyway after 5 months my teeth are aligning great. I have no problems with switching them in and out. In fact I look forward to putting in the new set. The other pleasant surprise that I wasn't expecting is that it has helped me lose weight. I don't snack because I have to brush and floss and it's not worth the extra trouble. So my teeth are straightening and I've lost 10 pounds...

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I wear the aligners at least 10 hours every 24 hours mostly at night. If I wear them less, my teeth seem to shift and feel sore. I love that my teeth are now straight and want to keep them that way. The aligners are easy to clean with soft brushing and a Polident tablet. No one notices when I am wearing my aligners during the day. I smile a lot now.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Our overall experience has been very good. The timeline for straightening teeth is short than with braces and provide great result. Orthodontist appoints are quick, usually around 10 minutes, and the process can be adjusted along the way.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Discomfort you can manage, but I had a severe reaction to the plastic used in the product. My tongue swelled, my gums turned a raw red, and my entire mouth burned. I would not recommend this product. Excuses were made about a powder coating on some Invisalign products, but what I had was an awful reaction to the chemicals in the Invisalign tooth trays. Even after I stopped using the tooth trays, it took nearly 3 weeks before my mouth recuperated.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My bottom teeth were crooked all my life. These braces got my teeth in line. They were not painful. I could take them out to eat and clean them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I received my Invisalign braces two weeks ago, and am already on my second tray. So far, I am extremely pleased with the Invisalign experience and am excited to continue the path to a more confident smile. My orthodontic provider was able to show me a computer generation of how my finished treatment should look, and I love it!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

My front two upper teeth had a gap between them after I was too years old to mention so I had my dentist provide me with Invisalign braces. They were successful in fixing the teeth problem but also did cause my bite to be just slightly off from what it was. Or I would have given them a five star rating.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The results were great. But, since there might be filing of teeth adjacent to each other to allow room, you have to have a good Dentist. If you don't, they will not know how much to shave and it could extend the treatment or cause a tooth gap problem. But, the program is good.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

My sister never smiled. I asked her one day why she doesn’t ever smile for pics or ever just get excited and smile. Her answer shocked me, she said she doesn’t like her teeth. I recommend Invisalign’s to her. She tried them and now she never stops smiling.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Went through first treatment to longer than initially thought. Had to go through a second treatment as some of teeth went back to original form. Told have to wear retainer 16 hours a day. Bottom teeth still not correct.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

They were pretty painless. I love that I didn't have to visit the orthodontist every two weeks. Great look. I literally just finished my treatment today and am extremely happy with the results!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I love my Invisalign! I had a few crooked teeth on the bottom row so my dentist recommended them. I have about 6 months left of wearing them but they are the best. Could not be more happy!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Invisalign, used by my orthodontist, provided my 50-year-old teeth with a bnew life! The whole process took 3 years, but the amazing results made it well worth the time and effort. Life!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

The company is so professional, always going the extra mile for the patient. They make you feel comfortable. Above all, they are very clean, always dressed clean and professional.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

They are much easier to wear than braces but take longer than they were supposed to by 18 months. But as an adult, I felt better about wearing them and the result was perfect.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Never wore this kind because I had a friend who had them and had dental infection from them and the alignment was bad, she was very dissatisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

They were more efficient than when I had regular braces. The process was easy to follow/direct. Overall the comfort level even when got a new set was high.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Ever since aligner number 3, in my 43 aligner treatment, and I have suffered extreme neck and jaw issues which have not been acknowledged by my dentist of Invisalign. TMJ was never present before my treatment, and I now have TMJ (clicking jaw, popping ear, masseter pain from constant jaw clenching). Due to your teeth & jaw being under constant tension, you will find yourself clenching your mouth and jaw - which is turn can have severe impacts on your connecting muscles.

For me, this cluster of issues began as clenching, mostly during sleep. My aligners have moved my teeth into a position that they clash when I bite down. I started waking up with muscle soreness, and then shaking jaw muscles - I was forced to take potent anti-inflammatories, and then after months I ended up paying $650 to get my masseter muscles botoxed (that helped).

A month into jaw pain, it streamed down my neck - I ended up and still am in full-blown muscle spasm in my neck, shoulders and pectoral - even causing tingling and numbness in my arm. I have had to take several sick days due to pain and migraines, plus just the general discomfort. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Osteo, Chiro, MRI's, XRAYS etc. - going through a process of elimination due to the dentist not accepting that it's my aligners causing this cluster of reactions. Nothing has been found, structurally - I am in perfect condition cuturally.

I am now left to use my initiative and have decided to push through to the end of treatment - only because I can see on my treatment plan that my teeth are clashing. I am hoping that my newly formed TMJ corrects itself once my teeth are better positioned. You will not get recognition of this from most practitioners. But you will make the connection if this ever happens to you as you can feel the tension and pulling.

With my dentist - I have changed my treatment plan to move less, even so, the pain has not subsided. Your jaw being under constant tension does, and will impact you. The challenge being that it will be denied that Invisalign has anything to do with it - even though it makes complete sense. Read this article if you are experiencing the same. ** I honestly would not wish this upon anyone. Good-luck.

Original review: May 14, 2020

If I could go back, I would just accept my 1 small gap. The anxiety, time, cost and result were not only not worth it, they caused damage. I am a person who smiles a lot. I always had a small gap. That gap moved as I got older. One stubborn tooth started twisting far and away. So at 40 I got braces to correct it. For history, about 6 years prior I had my first bone graft for a back tooth to fill a deep pocket. About 3 years prior I had another for 2 back teeth. So, I had braces for 6 months. Result was great. No fuss no muss. No oddness. No strange anything.

Fast fwd. I lost my retainer at 48. My same gap and twisty tooth came back. I decided to try Invisalign for uppers only at 50. First, was told 9 weeks, 9 trays. By week 4, my gums were receding at a noticeable rate. At week 7, I became alarmed. My front upper teeth were hitting my lower, my teeth were canting (pointing inward, making my smile narrow), and my bite was off. I called the dentist. Came in. Told him week 5 was the last tray I felt relatively ok. My gap was closed in tray 5. He said to go back to tray 5. He'd contact invisalign and see what they recommend. (I had no idea that despite getting scanned, the trays can absolutely be off!!! Which can totally ruin everything without vigilant correction.)

In tray 5, I noticed my front teeth had a very slight wiggle. OMG. The pandemic hit. My dentist disappeared and did not call me back. I remained in tray 5 for 2 more months. My teeth still wiggled. I found a dentist kind enough to see me. He took xrays and said he thought the teeth moved too fast, and the lowers were hitting the uppers, preventing them from settling. He shaved a tooth in an attempt to prevent this. He said let's give it time.

About 3 weeks later I found a new Ortho willing to see me. She planned to transfer me, shave more lower teeth, put me in a retainer. Meanwhile, a perio office opens and I am able to make an appt. He says, "If you have movement, please see me first." Keep in mind 3 teeth have had a slight wiggle for months. I am terrified. I am told one pacifying thing from ortho and dentistry. But you don't really know the story until you talk to a periodontist or surgeon. The fact is if your teeth are moving visibly, have wiggle, it is in danger. If it does this for a period of time, like me due to pandemic, it is not good. I will likely need bone grafts. I will also likely need gum grafts. Thousands of dollars to repair damage and prevent tooth loss. I don't believe this would have happened with braces. Or if I had just lived with my small gap! I really regret getting Invisalign. I'm even skeptical about their retainer now.

If you must, choose braces. Braces are slower. Controlled by only by an ortho. No weird canting or corrections. And no terrible damage like I'm experiencing now. All from just 7 weeks, then 6, then 5 weeks and staying in 5 weeks for pandemic months. Avoid invisalign. Bite the bullet. Go with braces. And be devoted to your retainer. I pray I keep my smile. And that you keep yours.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I wore my Invisalign for 1 1/2 years. They were very easy to use with a minimum of discomfort. Did the job. The results were very good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Invisaligns are great. I had the typical metal braces and, yes, you do get used to them but now that my teeth are straight (and I did this as a grown adult past 40) my dentist has me wear invisaligns every night upper and lower to keep my teeth straight. They are easy to wear and clean. Personally I don't have a con...only pros.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

They are a comfortable fit and removable when eating and cleaning. Saw visible results In 6 weeks and in 6 months my teeth were 90 percent straight. I used them longer because my eye teeth were sticking out like fangs on a vampire. Nice product Invisalign.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

The treatment was for 8 months but I had to go longer & my teeth still aren't 100% straight. The aligners didn't fit properly so I had to trim the gum lines and the area for the roof of the mouth to keep them from scratching or causing discomfort.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have heard about the Dental Aligners and that people use them for their teeth and for also not grinding your teeth so that they keep your teeth well. And if you like movie and music I can only imagine movie.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have never used dental aligners ever in my life. They used to be called braces. I don't think plastic going into a mouth truly works too good, if at all, to straighten teeth. I think people are being ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Invisalign is certainly expensive, but I understand how important a good smile is for someone's first impression. For those of us who aren't born with perfectly straight teeth, this ends up being an investment for lifetime. I must say, my review should be taken with a grain of salt since it is limited to having experienced only one company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Fits nicely, easy to put in and out, short usage time. I like how fast they worked and straightened my teeth in such a short time. I only had to use them for ten months. I got the retainers included!

Invisalign Company Information