Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.19/5

Invisalign Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invisalign?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Invisalign?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Before Invisalign I never took pictures that showed my teeth. I was extremely skeptical about the entire Invisalign process. I felt like the commercials were actors who were paid to say good things about the product. That was until my best friend started her journey and ended with a beautiful smile. An affordable option is available on my own free time without the wires and constant orthodontist visits. Invisalign has truly made a skeptic like me a believer and now I can’t stop smiling.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I'm 62 years old so I wasn't expecting to get braces at my age. However, having never had braces, my teeth became a train wreck. I started biting the inside of my cheek. I looked at implants about two years, but they were ridiculously expensive. Went to two other dentists until one suggested that I look at Invisalign. They too were more than I really wanted to pay, but I liked the concept and decided to take the leap. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, especially when I was told that one of my front teeth had to be removed, but it was the one that was causing me problems, so I thought it was needed.

Anyway after 5 months my teeth are aligning great. I have no problems with switching them in and out. In fact I look forward to putting in the new set. The other pleasant surprise that I wasn't expecting is that it has helped me lose weight. I don't snack because I have to brush and floss and it's not worth the extra trouble. So my teeth are straightening and I've lost 10 pounds...

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I wear the aligners at least 10 hours every 24 hours mostly at night. If I wear them less, my teeth seem to shift and feel sore. I love that my teeth are now straight and want to keep them that way. The aligners are easy to clean with soft brushing and a Polident tablet. No one notices when I am wearing my aligners during the day. I smile a lot now.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I'm no youngster but my teeth started shifting and I was biting my lip all of the time. One visit to the orthodontist and Invisalign was recommended. My ortho allowed me to pay monthly with zero interest which was really nice. My treatment was complete in less than a year. I now have invisalign retainers which I do wear EVERY night. I'm really happy with the results!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

You have to be disciplined in wearing these. It's a bit cumbersome to take them out every time you eat, and then have to brush and floss each time as well. However, they look great; can barely tell you have them on. Very comfortable. Best to use these types of braces under the care of an orthodontist. I only had to wear them for 6 months!

Original review: May 25, 2020

Ever since aligner number 3, in my 43 aligner treatment, and I have suffered extreme neck and jaw issues which have not been acknowledged by my dentist of Invisalign. TMJ was never present before my treatment, and I now have TMJ (clicking jaw, popping ear, masseter pain from constant jaw clenching). Due to your teeth & jaw being under constant tension, you will find yourself clenching your mouth and jaw - which is turn can have severe impacts on your connecting muscles.

For me, this cluster of issues began as clenching, mostly during sleep. My aligners have moved my teeth into a position that they clash when I bite down. I started waking up with muscle soreness, and then shaking jaw muscles - I was forced to take potent anti-inflammatories, and then after months I ended up paying $650 to get my masseter muscles botoxed (that helped).

A month into jaw pain, it streamed down my neck - I ended up and still am in full-blown muscle spasm in my neck, shoulders and pectoral - even causing tingling and numbness in my arm. I have had to take several sick days due to pain and migraines, plus just the general discomfort. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Osteo, Chiro, MRI's, XRAYS etc. - going through a process of elimination due to the dentist not accepting that it's my aligners causing this cluster of reactions. Nothing has been found, structurally - I am in perfect condition cuturally.

I am now left to use my initiative and have decided to push through to the end of treatment - only because I can see on my treatment plan that my teeth are clashing. I am hoping that my newly formed TMJ corrects itself once my teeth are better positioned. You will not get recognition of this from most practitioners. But you will make the connection if this ever happens to you as you can feel the tension and pulling.

With my dentist - I have changed my treatment plan to move less, even so, the pain has not subsided. Your jaw being under constant tension does, and will impact you. The challenge being that it will be denied that Invisalign has anything to do with it - even though it makes complete sense. Read this article if you are experiencing the same. ** I honestly would not wish this upon anyone. Good-luck.

Original review: May 14, 2020

If I could go back, I would just accept my 1 small gap. The anxiety, time, cost and result were not only not worth it, they caused damage. I am a person who smiles a lot. I always had a small gap. That gap moved as I got older. One stubborn tooth started twisting far and away. So at 40 I got braces to correct it. For history, about 6 years prior I had my first bone graft for a back tooth to fill a deep pocket. About 3 years prior I had another for 2 back teeth. So, I had braces for 6 months. Result was great. No fuss no muss. No oddness. No strange anything.

Fast fwd. I lost my retainer at 48. My same gap and twisty tooth came back. I decided to try Invisalign for uppers only at 50. First, was told 9 weeks, 9 trays. By week 4, my gums were receding at a noticeable rate. At week 7, I became alarmed. My front upper teeth were hitting my lower, my teeth were canting (pointing inward, making my smile narrow), and my bite was off. I called the dentist. Came in. Told him week 5 was the last tray I felt relatively ok. My gap was closed in tray 5. He said to go back to tray 5. He'd contact invisalign and see what they recommend. (I had no idea that despite getting scanned, the trays can absolutely be off!!! Which can totally ruin everything without vigilant correction.)

In tray 5, I noticed my front teeth had a very slight wiggle. OMG. The pandemic hit. My dentist disappeared and did not call me back. I remained in tray 5 for 2 more months. My teeth still wiggled. I found a dentist kind enough to see me. He took xrays and said he thought the teeth moved too fast, and the lowers were hitting the uppers, preventing them from settling. He shaved a tooth in an attempt to prevent this. He said let's give it time.

About 3 weeks later I found a new Ortho willing to see me. She planned to transfer me, shave more lower teeth, put me in a retainer. Meanwhile, a perio office opens and I am able to make an appt. He says, "If you have movement, please see me first." Keep in mind 3 teeth have had a slight wiggle for months. I am terrified. I am told one pacifying thing from ortho and dentistry. But you don't really know the story until you talk to a periodontist or surgeon. The fact is if your teeth are moving visibly, have wiggle, it is in danger. If it does this for a period of time, like me due to pandemic, it is not good. I will likely need bone grafts. I will also likely need gum grafts. Thousands of dollars to repair damage and prevent tooth loss. I don't believe this would have happened with braces. Or if I had just lived with my small gap! I really regret getting Invisalign. I'm even skeptical about their retainer now.

If you must, choose braces. Braces are slower. Controlled by only by an ortho. No weird canting or corrections. And no terrible damage like I'm experiencing now. All from just 7 weeks, then 6, then 5 weeks and staying in 5 weeks for pandemic months. Avoid invisalign. Bite the bullet. Go with braces. And be devoted to your retainer. I pray I keep my smile. And that you keep yours.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I wore my Invisalign for 1 1/2 years. They were very easy to use with a minimum of discomfort. Did the job. The results were very good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Invisaligns are great. I had the typical metal braces and, yes, you do get used to them but now that my teeth are straight (and I did this as a grown adult past 40) my dentist has me wear invisaligns every night upper and lower to keep my teeth straight. They are easy to wear and clean. Personally I don't have a con...only pros.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

They are a comfortable fit and removable when eating and cleaning. Saw visible results In 6 weeks and in 6 months my teeth were 90 percent straight. I used them longer because my eye teeth were sticking out like fangs on a vampire. Nice product Invisalign.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

The treatment was for 8 months but I had to go longer & my teeth still aren't 100% straight. The aligners didn't fit properly so I had to trim the gum lines and the area for the roof of the mouth to keep them from scratching or causing discomfort.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have heard about the Dental Aligners and that people use them for their teeth and for also not grinding your teeth so that they keep your teeth well. And if you like movie and music I can only imagine movie.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have never used dental aligners ever in my life. They used to be called braces. I don't think plastic going into a mouth truly works too good, if at all, to straighten teeth. I think people are being ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Invisalign is certainly expensive, but I understand how important a good smile is for someone's first impression. For those of us who aren't born with perfectly straight teeth, this ends up being an investment for lifetime. I must say, my review should be taken with a grain of salt since it is limited to having experienced only one company!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Fits nicely, easy to put in and out, short usage time. I like how fast they worked and straightened my teeth in such a short time. I only had to use them for ten months. I got the retainers included!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Could not believe this little piece of plastic could align my teeth that were misaligned for years. Only wish insurance could help with the cost as i need to do it over again.

Invisalign Company Information