Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5
Based on 2,510 ratings submitted in the last year

Byte offers some of the most cost-effective invisible aligners available. Board-certified orthodontists design each custom treatment plan. The company offers two easy payment options: Customers can make a one-time payment of $1,895 or opt into easy financing plans for $83 per month for 25 months. Byte accepts HSA, FSA, CareCredit, Splitit and other dental insurance plans.

BOTTOM LINE

Byte is a good value compared with many competitors, and HyperByte vibrational technology accelerates treatment times. Upfront costs may be slightly higher, but Byte comes with plenty of perks to make up for it.

PROS

• Lifetime guarantee
  • Short treatment lengths
  • Financing available

CONS

• Not everyone is a candidate

Byte products

What is Byte?

Byte is an orthodontic treatment plan designed to correct minor to moderate alignment issues. Byte clear aligners can fix spacing or crowding between teeth in as few as three months by using HyperByte vibrational technology. Every week, you switch to a new, straighter aligner. Over time, your teeth adjust to the straighter alignment.

Dr. Jon Marashi, a celebrity cosmetic dentist based in Los Angeles, created Byte and HyperByte. Byte uses Dr. Marashi’s Smile Science system of aesthetic precision to determine the most efficient tooth placement for each client.

How much is Byte?

Byte aligners cost $1,895 if you pay the full price upfront. The price includes the HyperByte vibration tool, BrightByte whitening foam, aligner case and a retainer. The Byte impression kit costs $95, which is refundable if an orthodontist determines you don’t qualify for the treatment.

Through the BytePay program, you can make monthly payments of $83 for a 25-month term with a $249 deposit.

• Byte impression kit: $95
  • Byte aligners upfront cost: $1,895
  • Byte aligners with financing: $2,324*
  • Byte retainers: First free, then $99

*Monthly financing costs are based on a monthly plan with the lowest available APR.

Byte also offers discounts to military personnel, first responders and college students.

How does Byte work?

1. Complete the at-home impression kit
Byte mails you an impression tray and mixing putty to make molds of your teeth at home. Simply mix the putty, place it inside the tray and bite down on the tray to capture an impression of your teeth. You can speak with a Byte team member at any time to answer questions about the impression process. When finished, mail the impression kit back to Byte in the prepaid box.
2. Await orthodontic evaluation
Byte works with orthodontists to evaluate your impression kit and determine if you’re a good candidate for HyperByte treatment. If your assessment determines that Byte is not the best fit for you, you receive a $95 refund for the impression kit. If you are a suitable candidate, Byte creates a 3D model of your teeth and designs a personalized treatment plan.

When you log into your treatment plan through Byte’s online patient portal, you can see how Byte should realign your teeth into a more attractive position. It takes up to six weeks to receive aligners after you purchase the impression kit.

3. Receive Byte aligners in the mail
It takes between three and four weeks to receive your customized clear aligners once your treatment plan is approved. In addition to personal aligners, Byte patients receive an alignment case, BrightByte and HyperByte.
  • Personal aligners: You receive a set of custom clear aligners based on your treatment plan.
  • Aligner case: The case makes it more convenient to keep your aligners safe when you remove them for eating, drinking and cleaning. Replacement cases are $20 each.
  • BrightByte: Use BrightByte foam to whiten your teeth, freshen your breath and clean your aligners. You can order additional BrightByte for $20.
  • HyperByte vibration tool: HyperByte is Byte’s high-frequency vibration (HFV) tool designed to reduce discomfort and improve aligner traction. Byte is the only clear aligner company that includes this technology for free. Previously, orthodontists have charged as much as $900 for HFV treatments.
4. Complete treatment plan
Byte recommends wearing its aligners for 22 hours a day and using HyperByte for five minutes each day. Byte designs aligners to be worn for one week, and each aligner set is straighter than the one before it in the series. Byte recommends switching aligners in the evening before you go to bed.

Remember that you must wear the aligner trays on both your upper and lower teeth as much as possible (unless you are eating or drinking). You should clean the aligners every time you take them out to prevent discoloration.

If you have any problems during your treatment — if your bite feels off or you lose your retainer, for example — contact Byte customer service. Byte’s customer service hours are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Clients can communicate with customer service through phone, email, patient portal, video chat or social media. For severe dental emergencies, Byte customers are encouraged to call their local dentist or 911.

5. Byte smile is guaranteed for life
The Byte-for-life guarantee covers additional treatments if your smile ever moves out of alignment. To qualify for free additional treatment, you must prove that you followed your treatment plan and used your retainer as directed.

Byte FAQ

Does Byte take insurance?
Yes, you can use insurance to pay for Byte. Byte helps you file an insurance claim for reimbursement if you have orthodontic coverage on your dental plan. Since Byte is an orthodontic service, you can also use a health savings account (HSA) or flexible savings account (FSA) to pay for treatments. Byte also takes CareCredit and Splitit.
How much does Byte cost with insurance?
Byte estimates that your treatment costs could be as low as $445 if your insurance plan covers orthodontia and you have put funds in a flexible spending account (FSA). The estimate assumes an insurance reimbursement of $950 with an additional $500 provided through FSA contributions, so your actual out-of-pocket expenses could be more or less.
How long does Byte take?
Each treatment plan is different, but the typical Byte treatment plan takes between two and four months.
How old do you have to be to use Byte?
Byte treats clients aged 12 and older (as long as they have all their adult teeth). Clients younger than 18 need parental consent.
Are Byte aligners safe?
Yes, Byte aligners are safe. Byte makes alignment trays out of transparent, BPA-free polymer film.

Is Byte legit?

Byte is an effective and affordable way to straighten teeth at home. The at-home impression kit is a convenient way to get started without much risk. Plus, Byte’s clear aligners are discreet, so you don’t have to be self-conscious about your retainer during the treatment.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Once upon a time when I was in my early teens I went through a year and a half of enduring metal braces. My teeth were perfect afterwards. However, the rigid plastic, bulky retainers were uncomfortable and I did not wear them as much as I should have. At some point they got lost and I decided not to get them replaced. I was naive and thought that my teeth would remain perfect without them.

Over the course of 15+ years, I proved myself wrong. That perfect alignment I had started to get ugly pretty quickly. Before I decided to fix my mistake, I had very noticeable gaps between a few teeth on the top and bottom and pretty significant shifting in most of my front teeth, as well as some other issues. I unfortunately learned how to smile again without showing my teeth. It was an embarrassment after all that time dealing with the metal braces to have messed up my teeth.

A couple years back, I tried to give a particular up-and-coming (and still around today) aligner-by-mail "Club" a chance. It was a terrible experience. They did the old bait and switch and increased the agreed upon cost pretty significantly. Their customer service was abysmal. After I contacted them to inquire about the increased costs, the representative actually became angry and lied directly to me about what was promised. No thank you. I canceled treatment, but lost the $ I spent on the impressions kit. I was completely turned off by this type of business model to correct my teeth.

Recently, I came across Byte when I was searching online for information on fixing gapped teeth. After my previous experience, I was reluctant to consider trying this method. Yet, my curiosity about Byte was heightened because I didn't even know there were other businesses with an aligner by mail system. I started doing some research and comparing Byte to the others. What really stood out to me was the legit reviews that raved about Byte's effectiveness and phenomenal customer service. I sent them an email to get some more general details and I received a response back that very day. I liked what I read. That initial friendly and informative correspondence had me sold to give them a chance. I am in my 5th week and I am so thankful that I did. Their customer service reps are on the ball, super-friendly and honest. Any questions I've had were answered fast.

The Byte kit comes in a sleek, professional looking box. It includes everything you need to achieve that perfect smile. It's organized perfect and even a child could follow the instructions. Byte is the only company I know of that has a device (Hyperbyte) that helps speed up the process. I can tell after each week when I swap to the next set of aligners that my teeth are making the positive strides that were promised. The Hyperbyte is absolutely wonderful when it comes to alleviating any discomfort that comes with moving my teeth. I have about 4 weeks to go, and I can easily sum this up. If you want to correct your teeth for an awesome price, using superior products, and coupled with fantastic customer service, then there is nobody that can beat Byte.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I've always wanted braces since I was a little kid, I hate my teeth. I have been considering invisible aligners for a few years, but the cost was prohibitive and reviews weren't convincing. I found Byte and looked into it, great reviews, half the price of another brand, I was skeptical, but decided to give it a try anyway, and I am SO glad I did! Within minutes of ordering my impression kit I was sent a text from a dedicated specialist who was there to answer all my questions. I got very timely responses that were personable and informative. Once my impressions were received back. I got assigned another specialist to take me through the plan and purchase. I had many questions so called me rather than texted. He was very polite, professional, but personable and hilarious it was more like talking to a friend. I felt very comfortable through the whole process.

I got my aligners in about 4 weeks and started the program right away. I chose to do the overnight option, still skeptical that a little piece of plastic could fix my extremely overlapping teeth. I popped in the first set and could feel the pressure points. It's an odd discomfort, but not painful. By the end of week one I could actually feel a slight difference in the overlap of my bottom teeth, they seemed to be separating a little. I just started week 3 of a 15 week program and I am noticing several changes. My top teeth are more vertical, my bottoms are slowly moving apart and the overlap is far less than it was before I started. Every time I've had a question, I get good, timely responses. So far I am very happy with my decision to use Byte, and I expect I will be very happy with my new smile, only 13 weeks to go! If you're still thinking about it, just do it!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I am on my second week of my aligners and I am already starting to see/feel the difference. But let’s start from the beginning. Shall we? I ordered the Impression Kit and luckily I managed to get 2 out of the 4 impressions right. I like that Byte is aware that doing impressions at home for the first time has some room for mistakes and that I was able to get the whole impression for top and bottom down by my third and fourth try.

Receiving my 3D treatment plan online was super exciting to see how my teeth would eventually look and I looked into all my financial options and decided to go for it and purchased my aligners. Shipping was 4 weeks as promised and the customer support from the start to now has been fantastic. I was able to text with support on any questions I had and everything went really smooth.

I definitely can feel the aligners working their magic, the pain is minimal and by the end of the week, I can feel the aligners loosened up and ready for the next week. The HyperByte is really amazing at alleviating any discomfort and as long as you follow the directions on when to switch Aligners (at nighttime before bed) and take a couple **, it’s really bearable.

I will say the biggest adjustment, and perhaps a few positive things I wasn’t expecting to come out of using my aligners is that I am taking better care of brushing my teeth after every time I eat, it’s helped me develop a healthy habit of that, as well as drinking more water (it’s a pain to keep taking them in and out to drink anything other than water) and I also have stopped biting my nails!! (It’s impossible to bite them with the aligners in.)

I already feel a sense of confidence wearing my aligners and I’m starting to smile a lot more with them in as they already make my teeth look better just by wearing them! I knew making this purchase would be the best investment I ever made and I am absolutely thrilled to see how my teeth look at the end of my treatment. 5 star rating all around. Thank you byte!!!

Original review: April 22, 2020

I will start off by stating this is an excellent company. From their sales department to product quality to customer service, Byte really has met my expectations. I started the process after Black Friday 19' ($20 promotion for impression kit) and never took the time to complete the impressions. A customer service rep followed up without being invasive or pushy, after which I completed the impressions. Again after receiving the treatment plan, I held off on purchasing due to personal reasons and a rep reached out twice without being over done on the sales pitch. The second call was to ensure everything was okay and even encouraged me to take advantage of the current promotion ($100 off w/ free Snow Teeth Whitening). I appreciated they reached out with something to make the offer better versus pestering me to just buy their product.

After making the purchase, it took about 6 weeks for the aligners to arrive. The first week was not painful at all and by the third week I decided to trying changing aligners before the 7 day recommendation (I felt no difference of changing on 7 days or 5 days). I reached out to the rep who contacted me regarding any questions or concerns I may have had, then requested for a dentist's opinion on the effects of switching aligners early. The response was done very quickly and the dentist even reached out to me personally (asked for new images of current teeth with and without aligners) to ensure my plan would not effect me negatively. The dentist approved switching every 5 days and no earlier than 4 days and confirmed that some individuals' teeth move faster and this plan would not be recommended for everybody.

However, they agreed that no significant or permanent damage could occur and I turned my 21 week treatment to 14 weeks! Every interaction has been very pleasant and quick in response, both from the doctors and the customer service reps. A friend decided to get traditional braces (on the same timeline) and he will not get them off for over a year..and cannot get adjustments due to COVID 19.. So it will be even longer! I am so glad I went with Byte, I have not even had a single person ask if I have aligners as no one in my office has even noticed! If you are an adult, do NOT go with the traditional way of braces. This process has been extremely easy to include the comfort of switching aligners, to keeping them clean with BrightByte (works super well), and working with customer service for any questions. If you're on the fence, just do it! You'll be glad you did.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I’ve thought about how to start this review a million times and honestly, I think you just need to hear the facts. Byte is easy, efficient, has a quicker turn around and results than other options out there and is affordable whether you have an HSA or use one of their payment plans. If you’re looking for a straighter smile at an affordable price with little to no hassle LOOK NO MORE! Byte is your guy. If you want to know more about my experience so far, scroll down. If not, enjoy your straighter whiter teeth.

I had been looking into teeth straightening options for a while but couldn’t decide on one that made total sense (factoring in time, money, effort etc). Until big brother threw up a Byte ad on my social media feed. Naturally, I clicked to check them out and I’m now so glad I did. Currently on my 4th out of 7-week 24/7 treatment plan.

My process was as follows: - I filled out my information (60 seconds) for Byte to send me the impression kits. I then created a Byte account so I could upload pictures of my teeth/answer other pertinent health questions and communicate with a Byte team member. EASY. - Once I got the impression kits, I made the molds of my teeth and returned them to Byte. EASY. - I then uploaded pictures of my teeth onto my account profile so once they received my molds, they would have all the information to decipher if I was a candidate for Byte or not. EASY.

- Once the decision was made that they were able to fix my jacked-up grill, a team member reached out to talk plan options. I have an HSA and was able to get started that way, but they have multiple options for every situation if you decide to BYTE. (I will say this was the least expensive option for me out there). EASY. - I received my aligners (Paid for my plan, 5 weeks later I received my aligners) and was super impressed by their packaging… not just because it was pretty/color coordinated but because it was efficient and EASY to learn and follow my plan.

- Each part of this process has been…yep, you guessed it, EASY. Including the actual treatment, my mouth hates me, but I know it’ll be worth it. Instructions are clearMainly because of the team behind Byte. They were there every step of the way. Never pushy, always helpful. They’ve always responded in a timely matter and have been very helpful. There is so much more I didn’t cover so go check them out! It will not be a waste of time. I would and have recommended Byte to family members and friends.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Advisor was always helpful and providing a lot of information. A little slow in replying but always provides with information I need. Very excited to improve my smile and looking forward to receiving my aligners. Love Byte's lifetime smile guarantee. Will give another review when I complete my treatment.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I've been very pleased so far with the process of generating the impressions, and with the aligners themselves! They seem to have thought of all the questions users would have and have organized them into a good FAQ. Very easy to use, good instructions, and excellent customer service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I am so impressed with Byte. First, the customer service is phenomenal. They are attentive and responsive and answered all my questions quickly. Second, the process to get started was quick and easy, and they kept me informed in the whole process. Third, I’m seeing such great results. I highly recommend Byte over similar services.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

So far everything has been great with talking to representatives to the product. I wanted to try these aligners looking at others' reviews, and also the extra discount. I will give more info when I’m done with my 22 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I’m not done with my treatment process yet. It’s taking longer than I expected, and I have to take a second round of impressions. However, I’m quite satisfied with the fast responses of the customer service staff. Any time I have any concerns or questions, they get back to me right away. And I appreciate knowing that they will work to get my alignment just right. Hoping to give 5 stars once my treatment is finally done!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Almost half way done! My teeth look so much better already! Minimal discomfort and great results. Also I have a very helpful team who are always answering my questions quickly and offer me the best support they can! I have been recommending them to everyone!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I had braces when I was a kid, but over the years my teeth shifted and I found myself unhappy with my smile. I said for years I was going to get an invisible aligner, but never bit the bullet. I did a ton of research to find the company that was right for me, let's be honest there are so many options! I ended up selecting Byte and couldn't be happier, from the customer service who help with my impressions to the sales representative who gave me all the options and payment breakdowns. I ended up signing up, and received my aligners quickly. I am 13 weeks in and am so happy with my results so far, I wish I hadn't waited so long to start!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Full time working mom of 5 & 7 year old boys so this fits right into my busy life, even during a pandemic???? Great customer service response to make sure things are going well! Not much of a lisp and people don’t notice I’m wearing them- my kids are fascinated with the HyperByte when they see me using it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Originally my smile was supposed to take 16 weeks. Ended up getting another 15 weeks of refinement retainers. I ran out of the foam cleaner after the first 16 weeks and they wouldn’t send a complimentary bottle for the next 15 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I am on week 7 of my 16 week plan. So far everything is moving as was planned. The aligners are comfortable! Byte customer service is awesome! I did a lot of research on multiple different mail ordered aligners and the review told me Byte had some of the best customer service. I'm excited to see my end results!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I'm amazed at how fast my teeth are getting straight. The process has been super fast and easy. I'm halfway with my aligners and I'm loving the results. I recommend Byte for the fastest way to the perfect smile.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I am on week 8 of Byteme and the time has gone quickly. I am doing the night time version. I like that. Actually have lost weight as I put my molds in early and don’t eat late. Then when I wake I can have my coffee. My teeth have moved so much with five weeks to go. I am not sure what else has to be done.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I am very impressed with Byte. They answered all the questions quickly and made everything so easy. The packaging is nice and simple to understand. I haven't had any pain with the aligners and can already see improvement. I am really excited for the final results.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I was very impressed with the reviews for Byte, I compared their rates and reviews with other similar companies and decided to go the Byte. So far I have been impressed with the communication (I received multiple texts asking how it’s going and offering help if I need it). The impression box came quickly and now I’m just waiting for my aligners to get started.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

They are very "salesy" at the beginning. I was happy with all of the products that arrived. I am only two weeks in, and I can already tell a huge difference. I had an issue and it took forever to get in contact with someone. Overall my experience has been good, it's just the beginning portion and then feeling ignored once you need help.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I love my Byte experience so far! It has been amazing. To see results after only 3 weeks is more than I expected. I did get extremely sore in the beginning and I do get sore at the beginning of each week but I have gotten more used to it. I am very excited to see the end results.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

This is best aligners. I've been looking couple aligners but I don't feel good and there are expensive. Then I found the advertisement about Byte aligners so I research the review and then I decided to try it. Now I have in On and happy and satisfied???? They have good customer service too. Sorry no Image. I just kind of private person about picture. But no worry, if you get this aligners you have no regrets.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Currently in the night treatment! In 4 weeks using my aligners I’m starting to notice difference, and I’m super happy I made the decision to fix my teeth! I had orthodontics as a kid but stopped using my retainers and they moved a bit. I think it’s very recommendable for simple treatments since there’s no in office check ups! Very excited to share my results. :)

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

My crossbite has always affected my confidence. I recently made the move to get straighter teeth to boost my confidence and professional look. Byte was my first choice! The customer service is fast and super friendly. The instructions are clear, and they really set you up for success. The aligners are comfortable and nearly invisible. I recently wore them for my family photos and you cannot tell at all! I am nearly halfway through my treatment plan, and I am already noticing major improvements and much whiter teeth. I would highly recommend Byte for a straighter smile!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I’m 9 weeks into my 14 week program and so far everything has been great! From the very beginning (getting fitted for my aligners/making sure I’m a good candidate for Byte) to speaking to the Byte expert support team, to getting my aligner set and using it (and everything in between) - the whole process has been so smooth and perfect. I definitely think Byte is worth every penny and would recommend it to anyone searching for a great way to achieve the smile that they’ve always wanted in an easy and convenient way.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Although I am still in the early stages of my treatment, I must say that I am impressed! Things have gone smoothly thus far; from the moment I got my impression kit, to changing out my aligners weekly. I have already noticed a difference and I am in week 4 of treatment. Byte also makes it so affordable! I have told family and friends about Byte!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

The step by step process is easy to follow and customer service is great. I sent multiple emails and they always responded promptly. I was worried about having good impressions but I followed the directions and sent them in and they were accepted. When my retainers came they fit well. I’m excited to see the end result.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I’m only halfway through the process and I can see and feel a huge difference in my smile. This technology works, period. The Byte company provides a wonderful service at an affordable price. I’ve also had a good experience with customer service. Even the packaging that everything comes in is amazing!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Great experience so far... in week 4 of my treatment. Overall value seems competitive. Customer service has been very responsive. Impression kit process was easy and it was only a four week turnaround for my aligner kit. It has been pretty easy and painless so far.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I just started my tenth set. What a difference already. I’ve been sending before and after to my friends now. I have been telling everyone about Byte. I was told by an orthodontist that I wasn’t a Candidate for Invisalign and he tried selling me on braces.

Byte Company Information