Byte offers some of the most cost-effective invisible aligners available. Board-certified orthodontists design each custom treatment plan. The company offers two easy payment options: Customers can make a one-time payment of $1,895 or opt into easy financing plans for $83 per month for 25 months. Byte accepts HSA, FSA, CareCredit, Splitit and other dental insurance plans.
Byte is a good value compared with many competitors, and HyperByte vibrational technology accelerates treatment times. Upfront costs may be slightly higher, but Byte comes with plenty of perks to make up for it.
- Financing available
- Lifetime guarantee
- Short treatment lengths
- Not available in all states
What is Byte?
Byte is an orthodontic treatment plan designed to correct minor to moderate alignment issues. Byte clear aligners can fix spacing or crowding between teeth in as few as three months by using HyperByte vibrational technology. Every week, you switch to a new, straighter aligner. Over time, your teeth adjust to the straighter alignment.
Dr. Jon Marashi, a celebrity cosmetic dentist based in Los Angeles, created Byte and HyperByte. Byte uses Dr. Marashi’s Smile Science system of aesthetic precision to determine the most efficient tooth placement for each client.
How much is Byte?
Byte aligners cost $1,895 if you pay the full price upfront. The price includes the HyperByte vibration tool, BrightByte whitening foam, aligner case and a retainer. The Byte impression kit costs $95, which is refundable if an orthodontist determines you don’t qualify for the treatment.
Through the BytePay program, you can make monthly payments of $83 for a 25-month term with a $249 deposit.
- Byte impression kit: $95
- Byte aligners upfront cost: $1,895
- Byte aligners with financing: $2,324*
- Byte retainers: First free, then $99
*Monthly financing costs are based on a monthly plan with the lowest available APR.
Byte also offers discounts to military personnel, first responders and college students.
How does Byte work?
- 1. Complete the at-home impression kit
- Byte mails you an impression tray and mixing putty to make molds of your teeth at home. Simply mix the putty, place it inside the tray and bite down on the tray to capture an impression of your teeth. You can speak with a Byte team member at any time to answer questions about the impression process. When finished, mail the impression kit back to Byte in the prepaid box.
- 2. Await orthodontic evaluation
- Byte works with orthodontists to evaluate your impression kit and determine if you’re a good candidate for HyperByte treatment. If your assessment determines that Byte is not the best fit for you, you receive a $95 refund for the impression kit. If you are a suitable candidate, Byte creates a 3D model of your teeth and designs a personalized treatment plan.
When you log into your treatment plan through Byte’s online patient portal, you can see how Byte should realign your teeth into a more attractive position. It takes up to six weeks to receive aligners after you purchase the impression kit.
- 3. Receive Byte aligners in the mail
- It takes between three and four weeks to receive your customized clear aligners once your treatment plan is approved. In addition to personal aligners, Byte patients receive an alignment case, BrightByte and HyperByte.
- Personal aligners: You receive a set of custom clear aligners based on your treatment plan.
- Aligner case: The case makes it more convenient to keep your aligners safe when you remove them for eating, drinking and cleaning. Replacement cases are $20 each.
- BrightByte: Use BrightByte foam to whiten your teeth, freshen your breath and clean your aligners. You can order additional BrightByte for $20.
- HyperByte vibration tool: HyperByte is Byte’s high-frequency vibration (HFV) tool designed to reduce discomfort and improve aligner traction. Byte is the only clear aligner company that includes this technology for free. Previously, orthodontists have charged as much as $900 for HFV treatments.
- 4. Complete treatment plan
- Byte recommends wearing its aligners for 22 hours a day and using HyperByte for five minutes each day. Byte designs aligners to be worn for one week, and each aligner set is straighter than the one before it in the series. Byte recommends switching aligners in the evening before you go to bed.
Remember that you must wear the aligner trays on both your upper and lower teeth as much as possible (unless you are eating or drinking). You should clean the aligners every time you take them out to prevent discoloration.
If you have any problems during your treatment — if your bite feels off or you lose your retainer, for example — contact Byte customer service. Byte’s customer service hours are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Clients can communicate with customer service through phone, email, patient portal, video chat or social media. For severe dental emergencies, Byte customers are encouraged to call their local dentist or 911.
- 5. Byte smile is guaranteed for life
- The Byte-for-life guarantee covers additional treatments if your smile ever moves out of alignment. To qualify for free additional treatment, you must prove that you followed your treatment plan and used your retainer as directed.
- Does Byte take insurance?
- Yes, you can use insurance to pay for Byte. Byte helps you file an insurance claim for reimbursement if you have orthodontic coverage on your dental plan. Since Byte is an orthodontic service, you can also use a health savings account (HSA) or flexible savings account (FSA) to pay for treatments. Byte also takes CareCredit and Splitit.
- How much does Byte cost with insurance?
- Byte estimates that your treatment costs could be as low as $445 if your insurance plan covers orthodontia and you have put funds in a flexible spending account (FSA). The estimate assumes an insurance reimbursement of $950 with an additional $500 provided through FSA contributions, so your actual out-of-pocket expenses could be more or less.
- How long does Byte take?
- Each treatment plan is different, but the typical Byte treatment plan takes between two and four months.
- How old do you have to be to use Byte?
- Byte treats clients aged 12 and older (as long as they have all their adult teeth). Clients younger than 18 need parental consent.
- Are Byte aligners safe?
- Yes, Byte aligners are safe. Byte makes alignment trays out of transparent, BPA-free polymer film.
Is Byte legit?
Byte is an effective and affordable way to straighten teeth at home. The at-home impression kit is a convenient way to get started without much risk. Plus, Byte’s clear aligners are discreet, so you don’t have to be self-conscious about your retainer during the treatment.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Byte was an excellent experience for me, I’m 50 and probably not the typical person who decides to get aligners. I was a little skeptical that I was too old for a big change, but wow what a difference 6 months makes. After 40 plus years of hiding my smile and having trouble eating hot or crispy foods because of the pain inflicted on my exposed gum-line, I’m able to enjoy pizza and smile about it. Byte made it simple, checked on my progress and helped with my insurance claim.. I’m glad I chose Byte!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I started my journey with Byte 12 weeks ago and I started seeing results in the first 3 weeks. I expected tons of pain due to how much my bottom teeth need to move. I’ve had a little discomfort the first day each week that I put a new set in. But no discomfort after that first day. The BrightByte is AMAZING. It’s had my teeth whiter than I’ve seen them in years. I would highly recommend using them. Nothing beats not having to go to the orthodontist in person. The customer service is topnotch!!
Halfway through my Byte program. I'm middle aged and didn't know it would be possible to correct my teeth. They weren't horrible to begin with but I'm so excited that they will be much more uniform when I'm finished! The entire process is very organized and well thought out and packaged. Customer service is topnotch and they offer an affordable payment plan if you don't have insurance. They make a pretty boring product/process fun!
So far I’m loving my aligners! They don’t hurt and are very comfortable. It’s easy to take them out and put them in. And I can already feel my teeth feeling like they are ready to shift! I’m starting to feel like I’ll finally be able to smile with my teeth instead of my mouth being closed! I’m already feeling more confident! 10/10 recommend.
Alex M. has been such a joy to work with. Every time I have had a question or wanted an update on my trays, Alex, has responded so quickly with professionalism and knowledge to address my concerns and provide me the information that I needed. That it made me feel that I definitely made the right choice with going with Byte. Amazing customer service!
- 2,241,352 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I've had such a great experience! Customer service was awesome when I had trouble with my Hyperbyte. I'm on week 11 of 15 and I can't believe how beautiful and white my teeth are getting! I recommend Byte to everyone!
Best aligners so far! I noticed a difference in my teeth right away & I love how people can’t even tell that you’re wearing them! Honestly best investment I could’ve ever made on my teeth. Wish I would’ve done this sooner.
The process is slightly uncomfortable but from looking at the virtual result it is well worth it. I was very skeptical at first but they made the process simple and communicated with me throughout the whole process and I am anxiously waiting for my aligners.
I’m giving Byte 5 stars! The byte customer service and advisors have been so helpful with any questions I have had regarding the impressions and Aligners! I can’t wait to get my Aligners in the mail! Thank you so much to the byte team for making this process amazing! I love how they show you the progression on your teeth with the 3D model!!
Wonderful customer service! Very nice and helpful! They answered all my questions and kept in touch through each step! They text you like they're your best friend! They lay out the treatment plan for you to see what your smile will look like when your all done!! Love them!
My favorite part of the process was being able to do everything at home, over messenger and texting my advisor. Byte agents respond very quickly and answer all my questions. I was able to receive my aligners much earlier than expected.
I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase Byte and so far I'm not disappointed! On week 2 I'm already feeling and seeing a difference! I feel very little discomfort in the first few days which is super nice! The Brightbyte is working too!
This makes us happy to hear! We're excited to get you to that final result, Keri.
I got my impression kit for $29.95 instead of the regular $95! I have been using Byte for almost two months and I can honestly say the results don’t lie! Shout out to Byte for making their process so affordable!!
Byte has so many positive reviews, I’d thought I’d give them a shot and not the other companies, I’m so glad I did! They really lived up to their expectation. Thanks to Byte I now have the confidence to smile!
Taking impressions of my teeth was a lot easier than I expected. But Bytes' instructions are easy to understand. Was able to get it in one go. I can’t believe I only had to do 10 steps to get my smile! Their hyperbyte works wonders to speed up my treatment.
Byte Company Information
- Social media:
- Company Name:
- 3435 Ocean Park Blvd., #107-252
- Santa Monica
- Postal Code:
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!