Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.93/5

Byte offers some of the most cost-effective invisible aligners available. Board-certified orthodontists design each custom treatment plan. The company offers two easy payment options: Customers can make a one-time payment of $1,895 or opt into easy financing plans for $83 per month for 25 months. Byte accepts HSA, FSA, CareCredit, Splitit and other dental insurance plans.

BOTTOM LINE

Byte is a good value compared with many competitors, and HyperByte vibrational technology accelerates treatment times. Upfront costs may be slightly higher, but Byte comes with plenty of perks to make up for it.

PROS

• Lifetime guarantee
  • Short treatment lengths
  • Financing available

CONS

• Not everyone is a candidate

What is Byte?

Byte is an orthodontic treatment plan designed to correct minor to moderate alignment issues. Byte clear aligners can fix spacing or crowding between teeth in as few as three months by using HyperByte vibrational technology. Every week, you switch to a new, straighter aligner. Over time, your teeth adjust to the straighter alignment.

Dr. Jon Marashi, a celebrity cosmetic dentist based in Los Angeles, created Byte and HyperByte. Byte uses Dr. Marashi’s Smile Science system of aesthetic precision to determine the most efficient tooth placement for each client.

How much is Byte?

Byte aligners cost $1,895 if you pay the full price upfront. The price includes the HyperByte vibration tool, BrightByte whitening foam, aligner case and a retainer. The Byte impression kit costs $95, which is refundable if an orthodontist determines you don’t qualify for the treatment.

Through the BytePay program, you can make monthly payments of $83 for a 25-month term with a $249 deposit.

• Byte impression kit: $95
  • Byte aligners upfront cost: $1,895
  • Byte aligners with financing: $2,324*
  • Byte retainers: First free, then $99

*Monthly financing costs are based on a monthly plan with the lowest available APR.

Byte also offers discounts to military personnel, first responders and college students.

How does Byte work?

1. Complete the at-home impression kit
Byte mails you an impression tray and mixing putty to make molds of your teeth at home. Simply mix the putty, place it inside the tray and bite down on the tray to capture an impression of your teeth. You can speak with a Byte team member at any time to answer questions about the impression process. When finished, mail the impression kit back to Byte in the prepaid box.
2. Await orthodontic evaluation
Byte works with orthodontists to evaluate your impression kit and determine if you’re a good candidate for HyperByte treatment. If your assessment determines that Byte is not the best fit for you, you receive a $95 refund for the impression kit. If you are a suitable candidate, Byte creates a 3D model of your teeth and designs a personalized treatment plan.

When you log into your treatment plan through Byte’s online patient portal, you can see how Byte should realign your teeth into a more attractive position. It takes up to six weeks to receive aligners after you purchase the impression kit.

3. Receive Byte aligners in the mail
It takes between three and four weeks to receive your customized clear aligners once your treatment plan is approved. In addition to personal aligners, Byte patients receive an alignment case, BrightByte and HyperByte.
  • Personal aligners: You receive a set of custom clear aligners based on your treatment plan.
  • Aligner case: The case makes it more convenient to keep your aligners safe when you remove them for eating, drinking and cleaning. Replacement cases are $20 each.
  • BrightByte: Use BrightByte foam to whiten your teeth, freshen your breath and clean your aligners. You can order additional BrightByte for $20.
  • HyperByte vibration tool: HyperByte is Byte’s high-frequency vibration (HFV) tool designed to reduce discomfort and improve aligner traction. Byte is the only clear aligner company that includes this technology for free. Previously, orthodontists have charged as much as $900 for HFV treatments.
4. Complete treatment plan
Byte recommends wearing its aligners for 22 hours a day and using HyperByte for five minutes each day. Byte designs aligners to be worn for one week, and each aligner set is straighter than the one before it in the series. Byte recommends switching aligners in the evening before you go to bed.

Remember that you must wear the aligner trays on both your upper and lower teeth as much as possible (unless you are eating or drinking). You should clean the aligners every time you take them out to prevent discoloration.

If you have any problems during your treatment — if your bite feels off or you lose your retainer, for example — contact Byte customer service. Byte’s customer service hours are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Clients can communicate with customer service through phone, email, patient portal, video chat or social media. For severe dental emergencies, Byte customers are encouraged to call their local dentist or 911.

5. Byte smile is guaranteed for life
The Byte-for-life guarantee covers additional treatments if your smile ever moves out of alignment. To qualify for free additional treatment, you must prove that you followed your treatment plan and used your retainer as directed.

Byte FAQ

Does Byte take insurance?
Yes, you can use insurance to pay for Byte. Byte helps you file an insurance claim for reimbursement if you have orthodontic coverage on your dental plan. Since Byte is an orthodontic service, you can also use a health savings account (HSA) or flexible savings account (FSA) to pay for treatments. Byte also takes CareCredit and Splitit.
How much does Byte cost with insurance?
Byte estimates that your treatment costs could be as low as $445 if your insurance plan covers orthodontia and you have put funds in a flexible spending account (FSA). The estimate assumes an insurance reimbursement of $950 with an additional $500 provided through FSA contributions, so your actual out-of-pocket expenses could be more or less.
How long does Byte take?
Each treatment plan is different, but the typical Byte treatment plan takes between two and four months.
How old do you have to be to use Byte?
Byte treats clients aged 12 and older (as long as they have all their adult teeth). Clients younger than 18 need parental consent.
Are Byte aligners safe?
Yes, Byte aligners are safe. Byte makes alignment trays out of transparent, BPA-free polymer film.

Is Byte legit?

Byte is an effective and affordable way to straighten teeth at home. The at-home impression kit is a convenient way to get started without much risk. Plus, Byte’s clear aligners are discreet, so you don’t have to be self-conscious about your retainer during the treatment.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: June 19, 2020

I originally intended to go with Smile Direct but after a consultation with them they were not going to be able to move all of my teeth the way I wanted. (They were going to leave my most crooked tooth in place.) After that I had no hope that at home aligners were for me. I came across Byte some months later and decided to go ahead and try to do an impression kit to see if they could move my teeth the way I wanted and what do you know, they could so I purchased the aligners and they got here relatively fast.

Towards the end of my treatment my crooked tooth still hadn't moved as much as I would have liked and I reached out to customer support and they got me a second treatment going asap. I had to redo the impression kit and everything but from the moment I reached out they were on it, they even noticed a slight flaw with my upper arch as well and got me a second round of aligners for no additional cost whatsoever! Needless to say I am extremely satisfied with my experience and would highly recommend byte to anyone interested in at home aligners.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have always struggled with my teeth as crowding runs in my family and we couldn't afford braces when I was younger. Once I entered college and my teeth continued to move and bother me I struggled with not wanting to wear braces as an adult for image reasons. I gave up on having straight teeth once again. Then I discovered Byte soon after graduating and my life changed! I am 11 weeks into my program and my teeth are beautiful and I can confidently smile my heart out! Not only is the program affordable but I could also set up a payment plan that works for me and my income. The aligners are generally pretty comfortable to wear and easy to get on and off. Other people don't notice I'm wearing them either!

The included Brightbyte whitening treatment has also significantly whitened my teeth, as well! The Hyperbyte is very comfortable and soothing as it helps the aligners sit better on your teeth. On top of all of this, the customer service is AMAZING! My initial advisor, Kim, was so SWEET and answered all my questions and never made me feel like a bother. She was very low pressure when setting up my payment plan and made me feel very relaxed throughout the process. My current advisor, Jimmy, checks in frequently and I am very pleased with his attentiveness. My mom and boyfriend are getting started with treatments now, as well, and I'll continue to recommend Byte!!

Original review: May 6, 2020

My Son had a very large gap in his front teeth, he also had some teeth shifting and a weird bite. Every week, I could see a change and the result was amazing. My Son said the aligners were uncomfortable for the first night, of every week he switched, but he didn't have any pain. My son is on week 11 of 16 and His teeth look amazing (and whiter, just using the Bright white). I highly recommend this company.

I know it sounds silly, but the people at BYTE work with you during the whole process. They keep in contact with you, makes sure you have no questions. Plus the customer service is amazing and the people are so friendly. I know this review seems a little one sided, but I'm genuine about my feelings. These people really care about your smile and your experience. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. I'm also considering using them for my own teeth. I wish I could upload some photos, but anyone who knows a teenager, could tell you how hard it is to get them to smile in a photo. Just trust me when I tell you, his teeth look perfect already and we still have a few weeks to go.

Original review: April 22, 2020

I will start off by stating this is an excellent company. From their sales department to product quality to customer service, Byte really has met my expectations. I started the process after Black Friday 19' ($20 promotion for impression kit) and never took the time to complete the impressions. A customer service rep followed up without being invasive or pushy, after which I completed the impressions. Again after receiving the treatment plan, I held off on purchasing due to personal reasons and a rep reached out twice without being over done on the sales pitch. The second call was to ensure everything was okay and even encouraged me to take advantage of the current promotion ($100 off w/ free Snow Teeth Whitening). I appreciated they reached out with something to make the offer better versus pestering me to just buy their product.

After making the purchase, it took about 6 weeks for the aligners to arrive. The first week was not painful at all and by the third week I decided to trying changing aligners before the 7 day recommendation (I felt no difference of changing on 7 days or 5 days). I reached out to the rep who contacted me regarding any questions or concerns I may have had, then requested for a dentist's opinion on the effects of switching aligners early. The response was done very quickly and the dentist even reached out to me personally (asked for new images of current teeth with and without aligners) to ensure my plan would not effect me negatively. The dentist approved switching every 5 days and no earlier than 4 days and confirmed that some individuals' teeth move faster and this plan would not be recommended for everybody.

However, they agreed that no significant or permanent damage could occur and I turned my 21 week treatment to 14 weeks! Every interaction has been very pleasant and quick in response, both from the doctors and the customer service reps. A friend decided to get traditional braces (on the same timeline) and he will not get them off for over a year..and cannot get adjustments due to COVID 19.. So it will be even longer! I am so glad I went with Byte, I have not even had a single person ask if I have aligners as no one in my office has even noticed! If you are an adult, do NOT go with the traditional way of braces. This process has been extremely easy to include the comfort of switching aligners, to keeping them clean with BrightByte (works super well), and working with customer service for any questions. If you're on the fence, just do it! You'll be glad you did.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I’ve thought about how to start this review a million times and honestly, I think you just need to hear the facts. Byte is easy, efficient, has a quicker turn around and results than other options out there and is affordable whether you have an HSA or use one of their payment plans. If you’re looking for a straighter smile at an affordable price with little to no hassle LOOK NO MORE! Byte is your guy. If you want to know more about my experience so far, scroll down. If not, enjoy your straighter whiter teeth.

I had been looking into teeth straightening options for a while but couldn’t decide on one that made total sense (factoring in time, money, effort etc). Until big brother threw up a Byte ad on my social media feed. Naturally, I clicked to check them out and I’m now so glad I did. Currently on my 4th out of 7-week 24/7 treatment plan.

My process was as follows: - I filled out my information (60 seconds) for Byte to send me the impression kits. I then created a Byte account so I could upload pictures of my teeth/answer other pertinent health questions and communicate with a Byte team member. EASY. - Once I got the impression kits, I made the molds of my teeth and returned them to Byte. EASY. - I then uploaded pictures of my teeth onto my account profile so once they received my molds, they would have all the information to decipher if I was a candidate for Byte or not. EASY.

- Once the decision was made that they were able to fix my jacked-up grill, a team member reached out to talk plan options. I have an HSA and was able to get started that way, but they have multiple options for every situation if you decide to BYTE. (I will say this was the least expensive option for me out there). EASY. - I received my aligners (Paid for my plan, 5 weeks later I received my aligners) and was super impressed by their packaging… not just because it was pretty/color coordinated but because it was efficient and EASY to learn and follow my plan.

- Each part of this process has been…yep, you guessed it, EASY. Including the actual treatment, my mouth hates me, but I know it’ll be worth it. Instructions are clearMainly because of the team behind Byte. They were there every step of the way. Never pushy, always helpful. They’ve always responded in a timely matter and have been very helpful. There is so much more I didn’t cover so go check them out! It will not be a waste of time. I would and have recommended Byte to family members and friends.

Original review: July 7, 2020

The impressions were pretty easy. Customer service has been great and I have gotten to speak directly to the orthodontist on my son's case. We are on week one of the aligners. Half the price of traditional braces and Invisalign and great experience so far.

Original review: July 7, 2020

The people at Byte are always so friendly and willing to help. If they’re not available they call you within 24 hours. If they don’t have an answer they find out and get back to you quickly and have an answer.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I was looking for an at home option for straightening my teeth for my upcoming wedding. I wanted an affordable option that wouldn’t take several years to complete. Byte was the perfect option! I had braces as a child & didn’t wear my retainer, causing my teeth to shift again. I have a permanent retainer & it didn’t cause me to get denied for byte! The entire process has been so easy! The entire byte team has been super communicative & helpful. You can communicate with them via email, phone or text which I absolutely love! The Hyperbyte helps so much with the discomfort when you initially change your aligner. I would highly recommend them!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I started Byte 9 weeks ago. The results are mind blowing. The customer service is exceptional. I would recommend this to anyone. Have always struggled with my smile and have been somewhat embarrassed. But now, I'm smiling more and feel more confident.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I am almost done my Byte treatment and I’m so far very happy with the results. I am looking forward to the end result. I have also had a good experience with Danielle in customer service. I would definitely recommend this product.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I love Byte! It’s even better than I even expected. My byte adviser always gets back to me in no time & is so kind! All of the byte people I have talked to are so nice and helpful!! It’s been been an amazing experience and even better than I could ever ask for. I would totally suggest it to a friend. (:

Original review: July 7, 2020

I am on week 5 of my 15 week treatment and so far it has been a wonderful experience all around with the Byte team. Communication both verbal and email has been great. The instructions provided were all very easy to do, and the bright byte foam really cleans the trays/whitens teeth so well! I have gotten numerous compliments from strangers in the street asking me what I use to get my teeth so white! I look forward to the transformation my teeth are continuing to make!

Original review: July 7, 2020

Absolutely would recommend! I have been wearing my aligners for 8 weeks. I can already feel the difference in my bite. I find the 10 hour regiment extremely easy to do. I am 73 years of age and if I can do this anyone can.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I am currently waiting for my aligners but am very happy with Byte so far. I like that they are so transparent with their pricing before you order anything, including impression kit. The instructions for the impressions were clear and easy to follow. I got my plan within days of sending back my impressions. Very impressed so far and I am excited to continue the journey!

Original review: July 7, 2020

The customer service so far has exceeded my expectations! I have felt supported by communication and knowledge of the product! I’m looking forward to receiving my reliners, so I can move toward straighter teeth and a smile I feel good about!

Original review: July 6, 2020

It has been three weeks, Since I started using the aligner. Initially my expectation was very low, but after three weeks everything changed. It was an awesome experience. Yes I would highly recommend. Really a five star experience... There is nothing more that I can say... So far I am very happy...

Original review: July 6, 2020

It was such a good experience using your company. The treatment plan was fast and easy. I am satisfied with the results. Excellent customer service, I will highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in fixing their teeth. My questions were being answered abruptly. It was overall a very fast process, once you get your aligners, you're good to go.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Like most of you that may be skeptical on getting aligners thru the mail... let me tell you this was the best option that I could of taken advantage of. They are way affordable, great customer service, doctors can schedule for any dental advice and my smile was done in half the time thanks to Hyperbole. When I was told by an orthodontist my treatment would be for 18 months for 5,899...Byte finished me in 2 months for a quarter of the cost.. Try it and works

Original review: July 6, 2020

On week 5 of 13 and seeing some serious progress, no issues and much whiter teeth! I’m doing the night time aligners but wear them pretty much all the time because they are easy to talk in. Can’t wait to see the finished teeth! The customer service has been amazing!

Original review: July 5, 2020

I asked them to customize my treatment plan even more after I saw the results and they went right to work. I am very happy with what they accomplished with my aligners! My representative at the time of my purchase was extremely helpful and helped me pick the best aligners for my routine!

Original review: July 5, 2020

So far the process has been great. The first thing I have to mention is the customer service. If I have any questions or concerns I called my representative and they took car of me in a professional and efficient manner. I definitely made the right decision!

Original review: July 4, 2020

I have not received aligners yet but the woman Janine that helped was very helpful. Will recommend Byte to everyone I know. My son Jonathan is so excited because he wants braces. I unfortunately don't want that for him so this is the very best next.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I am about half way through and see major improvements. I am very happy with the progress so far and the whitener that is used every night in my aligner works very well. Happy customer so far. Can’t wait to see the final results!

Original review: July 4, 2020

Working with Byte has been so great! They have the best customer service who is quick to respond and so helpful! They are there to help guide you every step of the process! My aligners just shipped and I cannot wait to start the process! They even shipped earlier than originally said! So excited for this journey!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I am receiving my aligners soon and any questions I have had are answered in a timely manner. I am very excited for my treatment to begin, and I love that I get to wear my aligners at night as well. It is a great option for someone with a busy lifestyle.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I am currently in week 9 of my 15wk treatment plan. I have noticed a major difference especially in my bottom teeth. I am already feeling much more confident. My teeth have gotten so much whiter as well. I would definitely recommend Byte to anyone looking to straighten and whiten your teeth! They are very comfortable and are not noticeable at all! Even when I tell people I’m wearing them they don’t believe me until I pop them out, lol! Very great experience so far, I cannot wait to complete my treatment plan!

Original review: July 3, 2020

From ordering my impression kit to receiving my aligners, my Byte experience has been amazing. My byte advisor and the care team have been very attentive. And the overall process of creating my molds and using the aligners is very straightforward thanks to the instructional videos/pamphlets byte provides!

Original review: July 3, 2020

The whole process has been really smooth. Byte really manages expectations well. They underpromise and overdeliver. I got responses and my aligners quicker than I thought I would. I have recommended them to quite a few of my friends.

Original review: July 3, 2020

It is not an easy journey for my treatment, around week of 13 of the first treatment, I realized that it is not working at all so I contacted Byte. Nora, Dental specialist, get back to me with all the intention to get this works out correctly. From the time contact her and before receiving the replacement aligners. She provided excellent customer service and 100 % attention on this. Really appreciated her service and would like to recommend others.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Everything about my experience was grade A. Customer service, price, speed. Would give a 100 stars if I could. The customer service that I had couldn't be fake. I was treated like a person not just a sale and it made me feel important.

Byte Company Information