Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.91/5
Based on 1,418 ratings submitted in the last year

Byte offers some of the most cost-effective invisible aligners available. Board-certified orthodontists design each custom treatment plan. The company offers two easy payment options: Customers can make a one-time payment of $1,895 or opt into easy financing plans for $83 per month for 25 months. Byte accepts HSA, FSA, CareCredit, Splitit and other dental insurance plans.

BOTTOM LINE

Byte is a good value compared with many competitors, and HyperByte vibrational technology accelerates treatment times. Upfront costs may be slightly higher, but Byte comes with plenty of perks to make up for it.

PROS

• Lifetime guarantee
  • Short treatment lengths
  • Financing available

CONS

• Not everyone is a candidate

What is Byte?

Byte is an orthodontic treatment plan designed to correct minor to moderate alignment issues. Byte clear aligners can fix spacing or crowding between teeth in as few as three months by using HyperByte vibrational technology. Every week, you switch to a new, straighter aligner. Over time, your teeth adjust to the straighter alignment.

Dr. Jon Marashi, a celebrity cosmetic dentist based in Los Angeles, created Byte and HyperByte. Byte uses Dr. Marashi’s Smile Science system of aesthetic precision to determine the most efficient tooth placement for each client.

How much is Byte?

Byte aligners cost $1,895 if you pay the full price upfront. The price includes the HyperByte vibration tool, BrightByte whitening foam, aligner case and a retainer. The Byte impression kit costs $95, which is refundable if an orthodontist determines you don’t qualify for the treatment.

Through the BytePay program, you can make monthly payments of $83 for a 25-month term with a $249 deposit.

• Byte impression kit: $95
  • Byte aligners upfront cost: $1,895
  • Byte aligners with financing: $2,324*
  • Byte retainers: First free, then $99

*Monthly financing costs are based on a monthly plan with the lowest available APR.

Byte also offers discounts to military personnel, first responders and college students.

How does Byte work?

1. Complete the at-home impression kit
Byte mails you an impression tray and mixing putty to make molds of your teeth at home. Simply mix the putty, place it inside the tray and bite down on the tray to capture an impression of your teeth. You can speak with a Byte team member at any time to answer questions about the impression process. When finished, mail the impression kit back to Byte in the prepaid box.
2. Await orthodontic evaluation
Byte works with orthodontists to evaluate your impression kit and determine if you’re a good candidate for HyperByte treatment. If your assessment determines that Byte is not the best fit for you, you receive a $95 refund for the impression kit. If you are a suitable candidate, Byte creates a 3D model of your teeth and designs a personalized treatment plan.

When you log into your treatment plan through Byte’s online patient portal, you can see how Byte should realign your teeth into a more attractive position. It takes up to six weeks to receive aligners after you purchase the impression kit.

3. Receive Byte aligners in the mail
It takes between three and four weeks to receive your customized clear aligners once your treatment plan is approved. In addition to personal aligners, Byte patients receive an alignment case, BrightByte and HyperByte.
  • Personal aligners: You receive a set of custom clear aligners based on your treatment plan.
  • Aligner case: The case makes it more convenient to keep your aligners safe when you remove them for eating, drinking and cleaning. Replacement cases are $20 each.
  • BrightByte: Use BrightByte foam to whiten your teeth, freshen your breath and clean your aligners. You can order additional BrightByte for $20.
  • HyperByte vibration tool: HyperByte is Byte’s high-frequency vibration (HFV) tool designed to reduce discomfort and improve aligner traction. Byte is the only clear aligner company that includes this technology for free. Previously, orthodontists have charged as much as $900 for HFV treatments.
4. Complete treatment plan
Byte recommends wearing its aligners for 22 hours a day and using HyperByte for five minutes each day. Byte designs aligners to be worn for one week, and each aligner set is straighter than the one before it in the series. Byte recommends switching aligners in the evening before you go to bed.

Remember that you must wear the aligner trays on both your upper and lower teeth as much as possible (unless you are eating or drinking). You should clean the aligners every time you take them out to prevent discoloration.

If you have any problems during your treatment — if your bite feels off or you lose your retainer, for example — contact Byte customer service. Byte’s customer service hours are Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. Clients can communicate with customer service through phone, email, patient portal, video chat or social media. For severe dental emergencies, Byte customers are encouraged to call their local dentist or 911.

5. Byte smile is guaranteed for life
The Byte-for-life guarantee covers additional treatments if your smile ever moves out of alignment. To qualify for free additional treatment, you must prove that you followed your treatment plan and used your retainer as directed.

Byte FAQ

Does Byte take insurance?
Yes, you can use insurance to pay for Byte. Byte helps you file an insurance claim for reimbursement if you have orthodontic coverage on your dental plan. Since Byte is an orthodontic service, you can also use a health savings account (HSA) or flexible savings account (FSA) to pay for treatments. Byte also takes CareCredit and Splitit.
How much does Byte cost with insurance?
Byte estimates that your treatment costs could be as low as $445 if your insurance plan covers orthodontia and you have put funds in a flexible spending account (FSA). The estimate assumes an insurance reimbursement of $950 with an additional $500 provided through FSA contributions, so your actual out-of-pocket expenses could be more or less.
How long does Byte take?
Each treatment plan is different, but the typical Byte treatment plan takes between two and four months.
How old do you have to be to use Byte?
Byte treats clients aged 12 and older (as long as they have all their adult teeth). Clients younger than 18 need parental consent.
Are Byte aligners safe?
Yes, Byte aligners are safe. Byte makes alignment trays out of transparent, BPA-free polymer film.

Is Byte legit?

Byte is an effective and affordable way to straighten teeth at home. The at-home impression kit is a convenient way to get started without much risk. Plus, Byte’s clear aligners are discreet, so you don’t have to be self-conscious about your retainer during the treatment.

Byte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Byte?

Original review: July 28, 2020

With all the apprehension, I am thoroughly impressed with the customer service I've received thus far. Starting with my initial inquiry, to ordering & receiving my 1st impression kit in less than a week and rapid delivery & return process. ALL of the correspondence via email, texts & phone I received from Rebecca & Pat has been COMPLETELY PERFECT! They were SO PATIENT with me & trust, I had A LOT of questions! Pat took over and once he received my initial impressions, suggested I do them over with smaller trays which I AGREED. New trays were sent out IMMEDIATELY AT NO COST, and I got an email instantly. Not to mention this process took 4 days to receive, and again, I did my impressions and I mailed them off the same day I received them both times.

I waited a week 1/2 to weigh my options and decided to bet on BYTE and purchased my aligners via Care Credit on 7/28/20. I was informed it'll take 4-6 weeks which I have no doubt will get here promptly. This is my total honest experience and yes I'm hyped because it's SO REFRESHING to receive customer service like this 1.) For such a major purchase and 2.) In today's times, people lack compassion and empathy and I truly felt that this was a trusted process. So far SO GOOD! I'll keep posting updates about my process.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 15, 2020

I was always insecure about my teeth; I hated all the gaps I had. I already had straight teeth but had gaps in between almost every teeth. Invisalign was an option at first but it was way too expensive for me. I found Byte after doing some research. I read that it literally won't cost me as much as Invisalign AND it was going to only take a few months. That really got me thinking about doing Byte.

To start, I honestly enjoyed the whole process. The impression kit was easy and simple to use. The only thing I dreaded was the waiting process but it was because I was too impatient to get started! It took about 2.5-3 weeks for me to receive all my aligners. When I received all the aligners, I was super excited! The first week hurt A LOT and I honestly felt like giving up because I couldn't eat anything but soup. It was also painful to take the aligners in and out. But if you can get past the first week, the remaining aligners barely hurts. I know I saw some people say they get minor pains for the first 3-4 days but I honestly had minor pains for only 1 day. Time does fly by fast.

They also have great payment options. I'm currently on week 11. I have 2 more weeks left of my top aligners and 9 more weeks left for my bottom aligners then I am officially done! I already love my smile so much; can't wait to see the final results! Byte really do take care of their clients and makes sure that they will love the smile they are going to get! 10/10 highly recommend!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have always struggled with my teeth as crowding runs in my family and we couldn't afford braces when I was younger. Once I entered college and my teeth continued to move and bother me I struggled with not wanting to wear braces as an adult for image reasons. I gave up on having straight teeth once again. Then I discovered Byte soon after graduating and my life changed! I am 11 weeks into my program and my teeth are beautiful and I can confidently smile my heart out! Not only is the program affordable but I could also set up a payment plan that works for me and my income. The aligners are generally pretty comfortable to wear and easy to get on and off. Other people don't notice I'm wearing them either!

The included Brightbyte whitening treatment has also significantly whitened my teeth, as well! The Hyperbyte is very comfortable and soothing as it helps the aligners sit better on your teeth. On top of all of this, the customer service is AMAZING! My initial advisor, Kim, was so SWEET and answered all my questions and never made me feel like a bother. She was very low pressure when setting up my payment plan and made me feel very relaxed throughout the process. My current advisor, Jimmy, checks in frequently and I am very pleased with his attentiveness. My mom and boyfriend are getting started with treatments now, as well, and I'll continue to recommend Byte!!

Original review: April 22, 2020

I will start off by stating this is an excellent company. From their sales department to product quality to customer service, Byte really has met my expectations. I started the process after Black Friday 19' ($20 promotion for impression kit) and never took the time to complete the impressions. A customer service rep followed up without being invasive or pushy, after which I completed the impressions. Again after receiving the treatment plan, I held off on purchasing due to personal reasons and a rep reached out twice without being over done on the sales pitch. The second call was to ensure everything was okay and even encouraged me to take advantage of the current promotion ($100 off w/ free Snow Teeth Whitening). I appreciated they reached out with something to make the offer better versus pestering me to just buy their product.

After making the purchase, it took about 6 weeks for the aligners to arrive. The first week was not painful at all and by the third week I decided to trying changing aligners before the 7 day recommendation (I felt no difference of changing on 7 days or 5 days). I reached out to the rep who contacted me regarding any questions or concerns I may have had, then requested for a dentist's opinion on the effects of switching aligners early. The response was done very quickly and the dentist even reached out to me personally (asked for new images of current teeth with and without aligners) to ensure my plan would not effect me negatively. The dentist approved switching every 5 days and no earlier than 4 days and confirmed that some individuals' teeth move faster and this plan would not be recommended for everybody.

However, they agreed that no significant or permanent damage could occur and I turned my 21 week treatment to 14 weeks! Every interaction has been very pleasant and quick in response, both from the doctors and the customer service reps. A friend decided to get traditional braces (on the same timeline) and he will not get them off for over a year..and cannot get adjustments due to COVID 19.. So it will be even longer! I am so glad I went with Byte, I have not even had a single person ask if I have aligners as no one in my office has even noticed! If you are an adult, do NOT go with the traditional way of braces. This process has been extremely easy to include the comfort of switching aligners, to keeping them clean with BrightByte (works super well), and working with customer service for any questions. If you're on the fence, just do it! You'll be glad you did.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I’ve thought about how to start this review a million times and honestly, I think you just need to hear the facts. Byte is easy, efficient, has a quicker turn around and results than other options out there and is affordable whether you have an HSA or use one of their payment plans. If you’re looking for a straighter smile at an affordable price with little to no hassle LOOK NO MORE! Byte is your guy. If you want to know more about my experience so far, scroll down. If not, enjoy your straighter whiter teeth.

I had been looking into teeth straightening options for a while but couldn’t decide on one that made total sense (factoring in time, money, effort etc). Until big brother threw up a Byte ad on my social media feed. Naturally, I clicked to check them out and I’m now so glad I did. Currently on my 4th out of 7-week 24/7 treatment plan.

My process was as follows: - I filled out my information (60 seconds) for Byte to send me the impression kits. I then created a Byte account so I could upload pictures of my teeth/answer other pertinent health questions and communicate with a Byte team member. EASY. - Once I got the impression kits, I made the molds of my teeth and returned them to Byte. EASY. - I then uploaded pictures of my teeth onto my account profile so once they received my molds, they would have all the information to decipher if I was a candidate for Byte or not. EASY.

- Once the decision was made that they were able to fix my jacked-up grill, a team member reached out to talk plan options. I have an HSA and was able to get started that way, but they have multiple options for every situation if you decide to BYTE. (I will say this was the least expensive option for me out there). EASY. - I received my aligners (Paid for my plan, 5 weeks later I received my aligners) and was super impressed by their packaging… not just because it was pretty/color coordinated but because it was efficient and EASY to learn and follow my plan.

- Each part of this process has been…yep, you guessed it, EASY. Including the actual treatment, my mouth hates me, but I know it’ll be worth it. Instructions are clearMainly because of the team behind Byte. They were there every step of the way. Never pushy, always helpful. They’ve always responded in a timely matter and have been very helpful. There is so much more I didn’t cover so go check them out! It will not be a waste of time. I would and have recommended Byte to family members and friends.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Yes I would gladly recommend Byte because of the ease of the process and the efficiency in which they get things done. Their support and service had been excellent. Still waiting to be reimbursed for my $100 off discount. It wasn’t applied to my payment so I’m hoping they are working on it to get it done. If so I’d definitely give 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I’m smiling more than ever. My smile is from ear to ear. I wish I knew about Byte sooner. About to start week nine of my treatment. I can’t believe how straight my teeth are getting. I can’t wait to see the final Results.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I love them so far and occasionally they make my teeth sore but that is letting me know that they are working. I can’t wait for the end results. I know I will so happy with my beautiful straight teeth and bright smile.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

So far so good! At the beginning the aligners are a little uncomfortable but you get used the them pretty quickly. I can’t wait to see my end result. I need customer service for questions regarding my retainers and my orders or Byte Bright and Patrick R was amazing! I truly appreciate all of his help. You guys should definitely try Byte if you’re thinking of it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

My experience was great. The care team has been efficient and quick even during the pandemic, the process was a breeze. I had trouble with a promo code and it was fixed right away. The impression kit was simple and I’m looking forward to start my journey.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I was hesitant about trying the clear aligner method to correct my smile. I seen different companies on TV that offered the treatment. After searching on internet for the clear aligners I chose the Byteme option. All of their staff have been terrific. They have guided me through each step and stayed in touch each week of the treatment plan.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

So easy to use and works great! Would choose this over braces any day! The impressions process was easy and quick. The aligners came within the time promised. You could see a difference within the first week. The customer support is amazing, they check in on a regular basis.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have had such a great experience using Byte. The entire process of getting the aligners and conversing with the staff has been amazing. I am seeing results and am very excited for the end! I have appreciated the team reaching out to me every step of the way.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I don’t think I’ve ever received better customer service and relations than with Byte. I had multiple reps from Byte contact me and offer to give me help any time I needed, the process of ordering and taking impressions was so straightforward and had great directions, and Byte seems to have great results!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I've had the most beautiful experience with Byte! As a first year college student, I knew I wanted to fix my smile, but I also knew I didn't want the awkwardness of braces. Byte gave me just that, and more! Although the first few weeks left my teeth sore I knew the treatment was working! The Hyperbyte helped relieved pain and with my 12th week in, with 3 left to go, I can honestly say I am a satisfied customer. Thank you Byte!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My teeth were really crooked over the past years and byte has finally gave me the chance to become more confident in my smile. I don’t ever have to cover my mouth when I laugh now and I saw results in just a couple of months!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I was referred by a friend to Byte and this has been one of the best experiences I’ve had in a long time. As soon as I signed up They reached out to me and have been there every step of the way. They have great payment options and the process has been easy and fast.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I was looking it up and BYTE was the highest rated and best experience,. Then found out it was cheap and fast. These folks have all been great to me. When they see my new smile they will ask why and how.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The process was made incredibly easy, and effortless. Very impressed. Impression kits came very fast and I heard from my Byte advisor immediately and they took care of processing insurance and payment for me, made the whole process seem seamless. Definitely highly recommend.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

The process has been wonderful! I’m already in week ten and I see a huge difference. Family and friends have even commented on my smile! When I change my aligners there is little to no pain and if there is it goes away within a day or two.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Very efficient, quick, good. I ordered and it arrived a couple of days after. I am satisfied with the product, as well as the service. They answer to the question we have. I recommend to anyone who do not want to pay too much.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

As a new customer of Byte, so far the experience has been really good. Customer service is there when you need and responsive. Price is decent and the aligners seem to be doing what we want which is the most important part. The options for nighttime aligners and full time aligners is also amazing.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

My experience with Byte has been a smooth and simple process. The "hardest" part was taking the molds of my own teeth. Within one month I was seeing changes and overly happy about the progress I saw! I tell all my friends and family about Byte.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have been looking for invisible aligners for a while now and Byte is by far the best brand I have come across. It is affordable and easy. I can see my teeth starting to shift to get straighter and I am happy I did this!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Ive had a great experience so far. Byte has been very supportive from the first inquiry and every step thereafter. The steps were very simple and better yet it's very affordable. I cant wait to get my aligners in the mail and start the process.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

So far it has been a pleasure working with the Byte team! They follow up to my questions quickly and are thorough in their response. The price increases quite a bit if you go through Bytepay but I like what gets included. I am waiting for my aligners to arrive but so far, so good!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Byte is a great option when straightening your teeth. The payment options are affordable and the advisors are super helpful. They also ensure that they make the process of perfecting your teeth as easy and quick as possible. I’m very excited to see how good my smile will look after using byte.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I just started with my aligners and the customer service from ordering the impressions, going over the treatment plan, and ordering the aligners has been great! The level of communication is so great and easy! Happy so far! Everyone on the team has been quick to respond and very helpful. Great customer service!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I am nearing the end of my treatment, and I can see the progress! With only four weeks left I am anxious to see my smile at the end. My only complaint is with each week my retainer seems to fit less and less snugly. I am religious in my dedication for wearing my retainer and using the HyperByte every single day. I am hoping by the end my teeth will be straight and beautiful.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I had an amazing experience with the Byte team and I am very excited to continue with them! They have been very helpful and have kept me updated with every step the entire time! I have had several people from the byte team contact me and make sure everything is going smoothly and making sure I am feeling ok about the whole process!

Byte Company Information