1.4/5 (8 ratings)

Find Invisible Braces partners near you

About ALIGNERCO

ALIGNERCO offers solutions for straighter teeth without the requirement of expensive orthodontist visits. It provides customized invisible teeth aligners for both daytime and nighttime use and complete treatment plans that are completely remote and managed by professional orthodontists.

Find Invisible Braces partners near you

What is ALIGNERCO?

ALIGNERCO provides invisible teeth aligners and completely remote treatment plans. You can expect to wear ALIGNERCO aligners anywhere from six months to a year to see results. The company doesn't offer many additional products or services, but its personalized treatments are affordable and managed by professional orthodontists.

How does ALIGNERCO work?

To use ALIGNERCO, you must be at least 14 years old and have only mild to moderate teeth crowding, spacing or misalignment. The company website takes you through a step-by-step process for setting up your treatment plan:

1. Order a kit, then follow the instructions to take your dental impression at home. Send it back to ALIGNERCO.
    2. The company sends you a customized, easy-to-use plan designed by its team of experts and your new handmade aligners.
    3. Until your treatment is complete, you’ll change aligners every two weeks. An orthodontist remotely monitors your treatment to make sure you’re seeing progress.

Like with most orthodontic treatment, you’ll probably need to wear retainers every night (ALIGNERCO will provide your first set). The company also offers a night-only plan if you don’t want to wear aligners during the day, though this option is more expensive and requires a lengthier treatment period.

ALIGNERCO costs

ALIGNERCO offers upfront pricing and many payment options for the impression kit, invisible aligners, treatment and retainers. Its plans are affordable, with no hidden fees:

• SmileAdvantage is a pay-at-once plan that costs $1,145
    • SmileFlex offers an installment option of 12 monthly payments of $110
    • SmileFlex Easy requires 11 payments of $95 per month with a $275 down payment

Its NightOnly Clear Aligner treatments come with pricing plans starting at $1,345 for the one-time payment option.

ALIGNERCO FAQ

What kinds of payment plans does ALIGNERCO offer?
    ALIGNERCO offers several payment plans, including pay-at-once and monthly installment options.
    Does ALIGNERCO offer night-only retainers?
    ALIGNERCO offers its NightOnly Clear Aligner treatment for those who don’t want to wear aligners during the day.
    How much does ALIGNERCO’s impression kit cost?
    It’s $39.99 to buy the kit outright.
    How long does it take to straighten your teeth with ALIGNERCO?
    ALIGNERCO treatment typically lasts six to 10 months.

Is ALIGNERCO legit?

ALIGNERCO is a legit solution for straightening your teeth at an affordable price. Its aligners, including its night-only options, are invisible, so it’s ideal for those who don’t want to deal with wire braces. Although ALIGNERCO doesn't offer many additional products, it does provide the basics for affordable, professional orthodontic treatment.

ALIGNERCO Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALIGNERCO?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ALIGNERCO?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I first paid for teeth alignment in May 2020. Treatment should've been complete in May 2021, but now more than a year and a half later I'm still contending with new issues introduced by ALIGNERCO's treatment. Most notably, there are open contacts (teeth that don't touch) pointed out by my dental hygienist. Secondarily, the alignment overall of my lower teeth is still a bit off. I have reached out repeatedly to customer service, often with replies that are irrelevant to my concerns, often with delays of weeks or even months, and sometimes even being flat-out ignored.

For a time, a very helpful employee was assigned to my case and got a new set of aligners to complete the job - but soon after their receipt I noticed in the motion chart that my two teeth with the biggest gap between them were not being moved at all, despite the before/after preview clearly showing that gap being closed, with the two teeth in question back in contact upon projected completion. I brought this to the helpful employee's attention, who acknowledged the problem; a new preview was created and the "before view" did not accurately resemble my teeth - which would seem impossible since there was a digital scan done! From that point, no progress has been made on my case for several months.

ALIGNERCO would prefer that I take a partial refund and walk away; in principle I cannot accept this as my teeth have problems created by their treatment (monitored at every step of the way, and for which I was very compliant) never present before I began. One agent even told me something to the effect of "If I were you, I'd accept that preview" - referring to the one where the "before view" did not accurately represent the position of my teeth. I want resolution so that my teeth are properly aligned/spaced with proper bite. I have been all too patient already. I cannot more wholeheartedly advise avoidance of this company. I never had to fight this hard or this long as a consumer for basic fulfillment of reasonable expectations.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

ALIGNERCO is a complete Scam. They take your money and simply waste your valuable time. This company should be looked into and should no longer be in existence. Long story short; they took my money, sent impressions, which was timely sent back and only sent me 1 set of aligner, which took almost 2 months to be Fabricated. Wait time was about 3 months. They reached out to charge me more, Stating I needed to get new impressions done, starting the whole process from scratch. Please go with other companies that charge more but offer quality services.

Get buying tips about Invisible Braces delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Let me start by saying that I went through the ALIGNERCO process (21 aligners) and was reasonably happy with the results—I achieved maybe 80% alignment (which is all they “guarantee” anyways). So I’ve rated Alignerco two stars for (only) the effectiveness of their product. However, the process was needlessly frustrating and upsetting, and much more expensive than the initial financial outlay would have suggested (I’ll explain their business tactics to extract as much money as they can later in this review). The worst of it is that I paid an additional $360 for final retainers that I have not received in over two months (although some of that time was spent working with Alignerco to provide additional aligners to first tweak my teeth further into place, but that attempt failed because they claimed that every mold I sent in was not good enough).

After a subsequent week of reaching out to Alignerco to receive a refund (or the paid-for retainers), with no response, I have filed a BBB complaint (they have an F rating) and filed a dispute with my credit card company. I am now working on letters to the FTC, the attorney general’s office, local news agencies, and consumer fraud bureaus, and, if need be, I will file a claim in the NY small claims court to recover the monies paid. I am also fortunate that both of my brothers-in-law are attorneys as I will be reaching out to them as well.

Alignerco Business Practices:

1. After paying for an initial teeth impression kit, Alignerco claimed that every mold I made was not perfect enough and asked that I pay an additional amount each time for several more impression kits. This went on for three cycles. I refused to pay for the additional kits so AlignerCo sent them for free. I recommend that you not pay for any additional kits.

2. The aligners seemed to have been (purposefully) designed to only achieve 80% alignment, just as their “contract” states. This forces a client to spend an additional amount ($250 in my case, which I refused to pay so they sent them for free) for supplemental aligners. However, they require that the client make new impressions and, not surprisingly, none of them seemed to be perfect enough for them to work with so they request an additional $25 for each additional kit.

3. After initially leaving an honest but obviously scathing online review of Alignerco, they contacted me and asked that I remove that review in return for them providing the additional aligners at no charge. That’s when they sent the impression kit (they wanted to charge me $25 but I refused so they sent it for free), but then they once again claimed none were able to be used and requested that I pay $25 for still another impression kit. This one time, in good faith, I paid the $25. They sent a new kit, and, unsurprisingly, they claimed that none of them were good enough. That’s when I requested a refund for the already paid-for retainers—and skip trying to further realign my teeth (or to just send me the retainers).

4. Since their “guarantee” is that you’ll achieve 80% or so alignment, my first round of 21 aligners left me with my top and bottom teeth hitting each other, thereby forcing me to purchase supplemental aligners or just put up with it, which is what I ultimately chose to do.

5. My bottom front teeth became very loose during the alignment process—one became so loose I had to pay my dentist to install a splint after completing the 21 aligners. Beware that Alignerco, being an online company, doesn’t concern themselves with the amount of prior or during-the-alignment-process bone loss by examining X-rays. This is a vital element that is missing from the Alignerco process and had I known its importance beforehand I would have spent the extra money for a dentist-based aligner system like Invisalign. There were several other negative aspects of dealing with Alignerco but since they pale in comparison I’m leaving them out of this review. In summary, I would strongly recommend that you consider almost any other company for aligners.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Should be a 0 star review. Our experience with Alignerco has been one of frustration and disbelief. They provided a defective product that results in debilitating injury to my wife's dental health, wasted our time by dismissively telling us we should just file down parts of the aligner when it wouldn't address the defect issue, held the treatment hostage by demanding $300 to refabricate their defective aligner, and after nearly a month of email exchanges has refused to refund us. Instead they dared to ask us to mail the aligners in so they could file them down themselves in response to our dissatisfaction and intent to escalate. Not a solution. I have no interest in continuing to work with a company that will injure my wife's health, hold it hostage for over 1/3rd the cost of the treatment paid, and waste our time with non-solutions. Basically, if anything goes wrong in the process, the customer is expected to cover all the costs. It isn't until you fight back that they try to "negotiate". If you can even call it that.

The lower aligner is malformed causing a gap between the teeth and the aligner. Causing wounds and ulcers of the mouth as the bulging plastic slices against the tongue. She couldn't eat, drink, or speak without pain. This cannot be fixed with filing. You would have to remove so much material that you would compromise the aligner's ability to do its intended purpose. Effectively cutting off teeth from the aligner. Refabrication is absolutely necessary. By the company's own admission this is not a case of "refinement". They made it clear in the sales process that if we did not use the impressions kit properly that would be used to make the aligners then we would have to pay for a new kit. Understandable. Those are $50. However their licensed dental experts approved the impressions and treatment plan without any reservations. Which they also admit. This means that the defect arose in fabrication. That is the company's responsibility. Not the customer's fault. I am not liable for a company's mistakes.

Avoid this company if you need aligners. You will save yourself a lot of time and frustration. You are effectively financially punished for anything that goes wrong.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I started my treatment with Alignerco back in January of 2021 for $1,300.00 plus $20.00 for the impression kit. I approved their treatment preview which displayed what my teeth will look like after the treatment is completed (before & after view). I followed the company’s strict instructions of wearing the aligners for the correct amount of hours and days. I took pictures of my teeth as requested every time I started a new step. As my treatment was coming to an end, I expressed my concern several times that I still had a gap between my front teeth that was NOT fully closed. However, the company kept reassuring me that the treatment was heading in the right direction. However, the results shown in the treatment plan was not achieved.

Alignerco offered me a refinement plan for $200.00 to achieve further movement. I was shown a treatment preview again, displaying my desired results. During the second treatment, I expressed my concern once again explaining that I didn’t think the aligners were tight enough to provide any movement. After finishing my refinement treatment, my gap is still there!

I contacted the company AGAIN to only be offered ANOTHER refinement plan for $150.00. I’ve already spent $1500.00 with Alignerco. At this point, I am extremely unsatisfied. Their lack of customer service is disappointing. They don’t provide you a way to contact a manager directly and when requested to speak to one it takes DAYS to get a response. Alignerco scams people of their money and provide unachievable results.

Original review: June 11, 2022

Alignerco review. June 2022. Bad news. Alignerco braces created a new dental problem for me, rather than solve my old dental problem. I had some crowding of my lower teeth. I followed the “daytime braces process” with new braces every two weeks and progress photos to Alignerco. At the end of eight months, Alignerco moved my teeth and created an “open bite.”. This was a new problem. I reached out to Customer Service for a continuation of braces to correct the “open bite” issue. However it appears that Alignerco cannot help me. As their process cannot solve this new dental issue, that they created. I would not recommend Alignerco to anyone.

Original review: April 5, 2022

ALIGNERCO sends your aligners in 2 groups... sets 1 - 5, then the remainders. In my case, all sets in the 2nd group did not quite fit on top... my teeth are not even and the aligners did not allow for that. Every 2 weeks Alignerco asked me to send pics of how the fit was. Every 2 weeks I told them about the mis-fit problem. A dentist or orthodontist was never brought to the discussion. I never got a phone or video call with a person that could address the fit issue.

The good news is that in spite of the fact that the upper aligners 'hang off' my top front 4 teeth by about 3/16", they are working. (They look wonky which is disappointing as I have to wear them in public). This is pure luck that they are working. The company seems to be purely focused on making the dental appliances. That is all they do, no allowance made for any adjustments or issues. You get one set, and that's it. The company finally stopped asking me for feedback on the fit; haven't heard from them in a while. Are they still in business?

Original review: April 29, 2021

I need more information I am still looking for the best place to get my children into an orthodontist to see when they can start the right direction as to when and where my I will see the procedure that is best.

Find an Invisible Braces partner near you.

ALIGNERCO Company Information