Zounds Hearing Aids

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

Compare Hearing Aids

Research top Hearing Aids recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I cannot say enough about the Zounds product and office in Seal Beach, CA. I am former military and retired law enforcement. After dealing with impaired hearing for many years, I decided to get hearing aids. Randy and John were extremely helpful and professional through the process of the hearing test, hearing aid type/style selection and follow up office visits. I decided on the Enza model because I still train military/law enforcement personnel in hand to hand combat/defensive tactics and firearms training. I have never had them fall out or malfunction. On a side note, the Zounds built in shock sound suppression is extremely effective. I can stand on firing line and use power tools without the use of ear protection. Great product and great shop.

My local Zounds retail store where I always went for repairs and maintenance closed so I was forced to deal with Corporate in Arizona. I had a problem with the remote control and volume so I sent it to Corporate as instructed and had it returned - supposedly repaired. A few months later the same problem arose and I have called and emailed them several times in the past month with no response. I am left with $2000 hearing aids that don't work without recourse except to repair it myself and an additional cost.

I purchased hearing aids from Zounds on 2/29/16 and was advised by them that I could return them if I was not completely satisfied. I had an appointment with them on 3/21/16 at which time I was going to return their faulty hearing aids, however my wife passed away 3/17/16 and her funeral was 3/21/16, which made it impossible to keep the appointment. My daughter made a new appointment for me with Zounds during all of the confusion and heartbreak. The new appointment was past the 30 day period so I was informed by Zounds that I could not return the hearing aids regardless of the circumstances. I have written several times to Zounds Home Office and have always been given a run-a-round (I began writing them in April 2016). These hearing aids were financed thru Care Credit, whom I have contacted several times but their response is that they are just a billing service.

They asked Zounds to respond to my complaints and were given nothing but untruths. Zounds told the credit card company they had never known I wanted to return the hearing aids until 8/22/16. That is the date I returned the hearing aids to them and informed them that the hearing aids did not work for me! After not hearing from them for 2 weeks, I visited them and was told that the hearing aids were corroded and possibly damaged which would make them hard to resell (I find this hard to believe since I only used them for 3 or 4 weeks trying to make them work). These hearing aids do not work for me and I am at a loss as to where I can go for help to avoid paying $5198.00 for aids I don't have (I have even offered to let them keep the $1200.00. I have already paid the credit card company for their time & effort). In closing I would add that I am 76 years old and this the worst experience I have encountered in my life.

A few months ago I took my mother-in-law, who is 85 years old and deaf to a local Zounds Hearing Aid Center where she was fitted for a hearing aid. The hearing aid worked well, except the lifetime warranty on batteries doesn't work very well when all of the local stores have closed and you have to send the hearing aids to Tempe Arizona to be replaced within 3 weeks. She paid $5,000.00 for the hearing aids and now because of their lack of financial strength she is going to be without hearing for at least 3 weeks. Why would a company close all of their stores unless they are going broke? I want to get her money back and purchase hearing aids from a reputable company, but we are past the 30 day warranty period. I just want everyone to know to not go to a Zounds Hearing Aid place when and if they ever open another around Houston. Their closest store is somewhere past Dallas in Texas.

This hearing aid has made a big difference in my hearing. I hear things that I have never heard before. I even hear my own voice, which is quite amazing for me. I will surely treasure this experience for a long time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

This is my first hearing aid. I can hear sounds that you would not think of. Also the confidence they give me knowing I won't have to ask anyone to repeat what they said.

I paid $5300 for a set of hearing aids that are essentially worthless due to the poor service and horrible sound quality. Zounds claims that their hearing aids eliminate background noise are nothing but lies! I also found out that Zounds filed for bankruptcy in 2009 and closed most of their offices, leaving 1000s of people with worthless hearing aids that nobody could service or program. Even now Zounds franchise owners are suing the company in a class action. Read reviews and you will see what I am talking about. Repeated contacts to corporate office have achieved nothing! Do not waste your money!

The Appleton Zounds office offers a 30 day trial for $400. We felt that was expensive for a test of their equipment, but agreed to give it a try, since we would not be gambling with the $3000 full price. They required I pay the $3000 up front, despite the "trial" that we wanted. We have never owned a hearing aid, so this was an unknown entity for us. The 30 day trial ended on a Saturday, a day that they are closed.

So I called first thing on Monday to say I wanted to return the equipment since I felt it was not giving me any real help with my hearing. I also stated that the constant "feedback" of their equipment was very annoying and was so loud my wife could hear it across the room. This was despite making multiple visits and reprogramming the computers in the hearing aids as well as changing the inside ear tips multiple times. The store manager/technician was not available and did not immediately return my call left with the receptionist on Monday.

However, she confirmed that she had passed my information on to him. Since the store is only open two days a week, we ended up waiting until the end of the week to visit the store. Upon arriving, he quickly stated that they would not take back the hearing aids and would not refund any portion of the money. I state that their aids were not helping my hearing and the feedback was incessant, just as I had said in my message.

Long story short, the local man did not have the "authority" to refund money. He also assured me the owner would not agree, but said he would have him call me. Well, that took another half week. The call was as predicted, flat "NO" on the refund. I feel their trial program is false advertising, very misleading, and just a hook to get you into their store and lock you into their product. The equipment cannot seem to be fixed to omit the feedback. It is not good product. The device now sit on my dresser, useless.

My mom purchased a Zounds Hearing Aids in Cary, NC. They were working out great until the local office went out of business. The nearest store is over 2 hours away in Charlotte and it is terribly inconvenient for her to go to the nearest store and given her elderly state, this is not realistic. When I contacted the Zounds main office, I was told I could mail them in and they would work on them. We mailed in the hearing aid and up to this point, there is no acknowledgment of receipt and information on how quickly they can get back to us with a replacement. We will see how quickly the company will respond but we are very unsatisfied with the customer support provided and will likely look elsewhere if this matter is not resolved quickly.

This company has been beyond unprofessional! I purchased 8 thousand dollar hearing aids which have been the worst hearing aids I have ever used. First month of use and they were already giving problems. The office I purchased from conveniently closed right after my purchase was completed. I drove 1 hour to get one of my hearing aid repaired. To my surprise they could not repair it on-site as they had promised and sent it out for repair at a repair shop. In the meantime I kept one hearing aid and I'm at 90% hearing loss. They promised a 2 week repair which became a 3, and 4, and 5, and 8, and 12 week repair. Nobody followed up.

The Zounds specialist had no idea where the hearing aid was and after more than 2 months they finally accepted they lost my hearing aid. At this point my other aid was having problems and they refused to refund stating refund have to go through a process of approval not understanding my hearing loss and how important having both hearing aids is. All we asked for was a refund so we can order another set with another company.

5 months later and no follow-ups from Zounds. I have called, and called, and called to get a follow-up on refund or lost hearing aid, and nobody knows anything, and one of their employees Rene from Corporate is the only one who can speak to me, and she refuses to give me another name or # of someone who I can speak to. She does not how to handle serious customer issues nor does she care to resolve them either! They were quick to take my money, lose my hearing aid, refuse a refund! And again, 5 months later I am only on one hearing aid which barely works!! This has affected my life, my job, my relationship with my family and friends, and they do not care! Please go elsewhere! This company is no good!

The hearing aids are excellent. The professional staff care is perfect. My only regret is that I did not come sooner. I have had experience with hearing aids and care providers before. There is no comparison. Zounds is much superior.

I convinced my mom to get Zounds Hearing Aids because of the rechargeable batteries. They were working out great until the local office went out of business. Now she has no way to get them serviced unless we drive to the nearest office 2+ hours away. When I contacted the Zounds main office, I was told I could mail them in and they would work on them. However, my mom would be without them for 2 1/2 weeks. It doesn't seem like they made any effort to get another local company to service them and have just left us out in the cold. I would not recommend buying these!!!

Zounds did a health fair at my church and I had a preliminary test there from the young man who owns the place. He said it would be good to come in and get an evaluation so I did because I knew I needed a hearing aid. I attend a class at Valparaiso University and oftentimes I couldn't hear all of the talks. Sometimes even at church, if the minister's speaking a little softer, I couldn't understand. Zounds hearing aids helped a lot so it's been great. Their reps have been excellent. I'm enjoying the hearing aids and have not had any trouble with them at all. I've recommended Zounds to friends. I've also talked to people who would say, "Are you getting along all right with them? Mine are at home in my chest of drawers." I say, "No, I wear them all the time. I've loved being able to hear."

My wife is one happy person now that I can hear her. I would recommend Zounds Hearing Aids to anyone that has hearing problems. I'm sure they will be a great help for anyone. I have tried them and has been satisfied with the overall experience. No doubt I gave them an excellent rating.

During the past 8 months we have purchased my parents hearing aids ($9000) from Zounds of NJ. One set is less than 3 months old. Zounds has since gone out of business and the closest remain store is 1.5 hours away and they are VERY reluctant to service customers that did not buy from them. We purchased insurance on the units which I have been advised are not honored by other stores, so I am not sure the value of it. At this time we have one unit that is completely dead, and I believe a second unit that is flaky. My mother's set has never been finished being calibrated.

Calling Zounds, get you a voice mail box and instructions to send ALL documentation, bills and history in a written format by snail mail to the Tempe office that does not answer phones. This is what Zounds considers service. We did find a live body at the Zounds office at 855-545-7208. DO NOT use option 1. If you use Option 2, you will likely get a human not that they will help. Again BUYER BEWARE.

I purchased the hearing aids at their Wilmington, NC location. They subsequently closed the office and directed me to Cary, NC for service. I called their Cary office and made an appointment, which was cancelled by the office the day before I was to be seen. I was told to call later for another appointment. In about a week, I called to make an appointment but was told the number was not in service. The very next day, I received a letter from the firm advising that they had closed their Cary office, but I could call their Charlotte office for an appointment.

I contacted their headquarters and said that the suggestion that I drive 4.5 hours to Charlotte was ridiculous. They apologized to me and said that that was all they could offer. I then said, "How about a refund or prorated refund?" I was told that was out of the question. Fast forward to June 25, 2016. I went to put my hearing aids in when the one for the left ear exploded, literally. I have called them 5 times over the past 2 days and left a message but no return call.

I have Zounds Hearing system for close to two months. I have medium hearing loss and now I can hear much better. People no longer have to talk loud to me. I'm satisfied with it and if I have a problem, they're always there and would help me.

My husband paid $5200 for a set of hearing aids that are essentially worthless due to the lack of poor service available to us in the West Michigan area. Repeated contacts to corporate office have achieved nothing! Do not waste your money.

In comparison to the hearing aids I had before, it's like comparing them to model T and the Zounds Hearing Aids to a Cadillac. The service here at this office is phenomenal. I highly recommend this guys.

I went to several brands and I wasn’t happy not by what they were showing me but they were trying to sell without having the information about my actual hearing. Zounds has been excellent and very professional. The sales and customer service team have all been good. The hearing aid works and it's great.

I look forward to wearing my new hearing aids as they are a real help to hearing and understanding what is being said. My old hearing aids don’t compare!

My mother-in-law was wanting to go over to Zounds. She made an appointment and I said "As long as I’d take you, I’ll make one, too." She ended up cancelling hers but I went anyway. I went through the 7-day trial and was very happy with it. I decided I would try another hearing aid and went to Miracle Ear. Although the hearing aids were very similar, the lady at Miracle Ear told me the batteries last 7 to 10 days but two days into it I’m changing batteries. They were also considerably more expensive for what to me seemed to be the same unit.

I liked the rechargeable feature that Zounds have. Also, the young lady who worked with me was very helpful and knew more about what we're going through since she also wears hearing aids. It made a big difference. The people at Zounds have been friendly, courteous, and helpful. I'm very happy with them. I may be taking my mother-in-law back eventually and see how she goes.

I’ve had hearing aids before but they all broke. So I needed some new ones but I couldn’t afford $5000. And so, when we saw the Zounds ad, we went there. And it was the best thing I ever did. We liked their price and the young man who interviewed us was just delightful. He told us everything we needed to know and sold us but he didn't try to hard-sell. It was a very pleasant and wonderful experience. I have already recommended them to several people.

They have made a great difference. Everyone says I hear better and not asking them to repeat what I say. Yes, I will recommend you to everyone I know!!!

My new hearing aids are awesome! I feel grateful every time I put them in. The service could not have been better. They have taken care of my every need (including losing them, breaking them, and drowning them!) cheerfully. The receptionists were very kind and patient and Bob took a lot of time with me... every time until they were perfect. I highly recommend this business and these hearing aids!!!

Although your office staff is very nice & knowledgeable and your hearing aids are superior, trying to get $$ out of corporate (refund from ins. co) sucks! They've held our money for 6 wks AFTER ins. confirmed payment to them! Numerous calls have gotten us nowhere! FRUSTRATING! If it wasn't for this issue I would have rated them 5 stars easily!

I got Zounds Hearing Aid upon the recommendation of another customer and after looking at their specs, I decided to get the one with multiple channels. My hearing was relatively profiled in one ear and moderate in the other. However, with the hearing aid that goes behind the ear with a little detachable piece that fits into the ear, I was complaining about how it was attached because there were lots of failures. And now, I understand the warranty has increased and the failure rate has gone down. So maybe they listened to me or they changed their manufacturing process. Although it took an awful long time to complain to them about that. But life has been good since I can hear now.

I purchased a pair of Zounds Hearing Aids a little less than a year ago at their Sun Lakes, AZ office. Unfortunately, the product quality has been bad and the customer service, which was very pleasant during the sales pitch, deteriorated and is now very bad. In less than a year, I have had to return to their office (which has been in three different locations during that time) several times for multiple issues, one of which required one of the hearing aids to be replaced with a "refurbished" unit (not even new). This last time, the manager gave me an extended lecture on how even new things can need repair and I should not have expected to "never" come back in. She was highly condescending and showed lots of attitude. Based on my experience, I regret ever choosing Zounds. A word to the wise, please BEWARE.

My wife previously purchased some hearing aids a year ago from Zounds Hearing Aids. She has the Clareza-16 and is happy with it. I got the same kind as my wife. I'm happy with it too. I hear much better than I did before. I talked with their guys during the initial testing and being fitted for my hearing aids. They're very good. They sent me to Mass Eye and Ear, which is one of the very well-respected medical organizations, to make sure that the issue was with my ears and not something neurological. They were very thorough in making sure that they weren't selling me something I didn't need.

Zounds' hearing system was good. I've had it for two months now and it has aided me in my activities and in communicating. Overall, I had a very good experience with them and I like their sales and customer service team.

Compare Hearing Aids