It's that easy Request Information
4.08/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zounds offers a wide variety of hearing aids at affordable rates. Although physical locations are limited, they're still a great choice, especially for those with profound hearing loss.

PROS

• Affordable options
  • Remote control with each hearing aid
  • Wider selection than most hearing aids brands

CONS

• Not enough locations for one-on-one help

Top Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

02/23/2019

My mother has hearing loss and has had Zounds for six years now. The hearing aids have changed her life ... One of the top things that we really liked about the hearing aids is that you just put them in the cradle every night to recharge them. They also had a really good, fair price.

03/08/2019

The hearing aids are working really well. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Zounds hearing aids

Hearing aids by Zounds stand out most of all because of their affordability. Zounds offers a 30-day trial for their hearing aids — if you are unsatisfied with your hearing aid in that time, you can return it for your money back. Each Zounds hearing aid also comes with a 3-year protection plan.

Zounds hearing aids come with remote controls, so changing the settings is easy. A large number of Zounds hearing aids are rechargeable and come with a charging station. Zounds is a fairly new name in the hearing aid industry, so it might be harder to find a Zounds location near you.

Zounds hearing aid models

• Vizara: The Vizara is a receiver-in-canal model. Vizara has 16 channels and Noise Cancellation2 technology for clearer and more focused hearing in everyday environments.
  • Riazo: Although the Riazo may be simple, it’s one of the cheapest hearing aids available. It has entry-level pricing and only four channels, however, it is not rechargeable and does not come with a remote control or docking station. A Zounds associate will program this model, and you’ll have to go back to them to have it adjusted.
  • Trezio: Trezio can offer up to 32 channels. The Trezio is rechargeable and has an incredible 24-hour charge. The charging dock can fit into any USB port.
  • Arenz: The Arenz can provide up to 32 programmable channels. Dual microphones and Noise Cancellation3 are other prominent features. WaveForm technology helps lessen the negative effects of tinnitus.
  • Prezia: The Prezia has dual microphones for better sound quality. The ZActiveLife feature helps reduce noise from wind. Up to 32 channels are available on the Prezia.
  • Imprezo: Four of the Imprezo’s programs include Quiet mode, Music mode, Party mode and Dining mode. The Imprezo is rechargeable for up to 20 hours after resting in the charger for 8 hours.
  • Clareza: The rechargeable Clareza model also has four programs - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Clareza charge lasts for 16 hours.
  • Potenz: You’ll get the four programs mentioned above in the Potenz model as well - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Potenz is rechargeable and can last for 18 hours on an 8-hour charge.
  • Enza: The Enza is available in 3 different styles: completely-in-canal, in-the-canal or in-the-ear styles. These hearing aids have traditional batteries rather than rechargeable ones like many other Zounds hearing aids.
ModelHearing levelBatteryStyle / Best features
ClarezaModerate to severeRechargeableNoise Cancellation2 technology
PotenzSevere to profoundRechargeable18 hours on one charge
EnzaModerate to severeNon-rechargeableAvailable in 3 styles

Zounds hearing aid prices

The Zounds hearing center nearest you will have the most accurate list of prices for Zounds hearing aids. You can also contact Zounds through their website to find more information on Zounds hearing aid cost. Financing is available.

Zounds does not list prices for each of their hearing aids on their website, so we don’t have every Zounds hearing aid cost on the table below. Most of Zounds’ hearing aids fall in the range below, between $499 and $999.

ModelTechnology levelPrice
RiazoBasic$499 per hearing aid
PreziaIntermediate$799 per hearing aid
VizaraAdvanced$999 per hearing aid

How to buy Zounds hearing aids

To buy a Zounds hearing aid, you can either visit a Zounds location near you or shop online at Zounds’ website. Zounds has a location finder on their website so you can find the Zounds locations closest to you. Before you buy a hearing aid, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or certified ENT doctor. Zounds also offers a free hearing test. Even if you decide not to buy a Zounds hearing aid, they will not charge you for the hearing test.

Do we recommend Zounds hearing aids?

We recommend Zounds for their affordable and quality hearing aids. We wish they had more locations nationwide, but their free hearing tests and wide array of hearing aids make them a good option for frugal spenders who still want a hearing aid with the latest technology.

449 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was experiencing issues at home where I couldn’t hear the television unless I had it up really loud. But I didn’t go to any formal doctor for hearing testing until I went to Zounds. I have breakfast every Saturday morning and my partners told me about their positive experiences with the company. Their price sounded very reasonable too. The Zounds reception lady was exceptionally nice. If I was having any issues with my hearing aids, I could walk in there anytime that I was in the area. They'd immediately accept the fact that I had not made an appointment but that I had an issue with my hearing aids. They'd respond immediately and would take me in and do whatever was necessary to the hearing aids in order to bring them back to 100% performance.

The most important issue in acquiring hearing aids is that you should get rechargeable ones. The ones that I have are eight-channel, rechargeable hearing aids that go into a charging station at the end of every day. When I get up in the morning, I put them back in and they’re good for the day. I have not had any issues with batteries. My understanding from other people that do not have Zounds hearing aids is that their biggest anxiety comes as a result of the fact that they are continuously having to fool with their batteries which are very small and difficult to deal with.

Having used Zounds, the difference in my ability to hear has been night and day. I have a remote control that offers me several different settings. Depending upon the format of the area that I’m in, I can change the settings so that I could hear quite well. It has made a significant difference in my ability to communicate with people and their ability to communicate with me. Another thing is the Zounds hearing aids, relative to other hearing aids, are very inexpensive. Hearing aids, as a generality, seem to be priced very high. But Zounds hearing aids are very economical and a very good value for the price. I would recommend to any potential purchasers that Zounds is the right place to buy hearing aids.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to know that we could help you and your parents with better hearing.

The convenience of rechargeability is one of the things we are most proud of. Those non-rechargeable batteries seem to die at the worst times! I am also happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the different listening modes on your remote control - they really can make a difference as you move into different environments.

Lastly, thank you for the kind remarks for our staff. I will share them with the team at your local store.

LaWana Thomasson

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty bad. My husband is soft-spoken and I could hardly ever hear him. And if people got very far away from me, I couldn't hear them either. It's been three or four years that I've been putting it off buying hearing aids and one of the reasons was price. But I liked the price of the hearing aids at Zounds so I decided to buy from them. I got the rechargeable model called the Torza24 and part of it is behind my ear then there's a part in my canal. The hearing aids were on sale at the time and had the best price, so I chose them.

I couldn't be happier with my hearing aids. At the time, I had been to Zounds for a hearing test but I had gotten sick with valley fever, so I didn't follow up with Zounds. I was getting ready to purchase another one but I got a call from Sarah, the rep from Zounds, the evening before I was to go pick up hearing aids at another place, which were gonna cost almost $2000 more. And they weren't even rechargeable ones, plus they didn't have a remote. So, I was thrilled with the hearing aids I got from Zounds. I have arthritis in my hands and those little batteries sometimes are almost impossible to get. They're hard to deal with.

I'm having wonderful luck and I hear good with my hearing aids. But I have really small ears and sometimes, the big part behind my ear doesn't wanna stay because my ears don't cover all of it. But I don't mind. As far as seeing it, you can't because my ear covers it. My hearing aids also has several channels and the remote control where you have options to make the sound louder or in party, dining, and quiet mode. But someday, I'll get the kind that doesn't have anything on the back because the only thing I don't like with what I have now is you have to be extra careful combing your hair when you have it on. I pulled them out a few times with a comb, but I'm getting better at it.

The staff at Zounds are also wonderful. As a matter of fact, I got to call them back and get in there next week because I need a different tip on the left ear. My ears have been sore a couple of times and I think it's because the tip is too big. But that is not a problem. Zounds's reps have been great. I work with Sarah and she has been wonderful. Working with Zounds has helped me a lot because my husband was really getting irritated with me not hearing him. But now, he's not irritated as he was before. And there were a lot of stuff that I couldn't hear before but now I can. With Zounds, I guarantee that you'll be pleased with their service and you'll get so much better deals. So don't go to anybody else.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've had hearing aids for about eight years. I'm 88 years old and my hands have gone pretty bad, so I couldn't put the little batteries in very good and I got to a point where I wasn't wearing the hearing aids. I went and got rechargeables from Zounds and it was a heck of a lot better for me to have them ready to go. I also like the remote control that I can use to change the volume whenever I want to. The fact that I can adjust them is the best feature for me and that really makes the difference.

I really appreciated the service that Zounds give me and the way they are putting some together for me. Initially, the price of the hearing aids made me decide to buy from them over other companies. I purchased the model which cost $3,000 for the pair. When I talked to their rep, she told me that they make their own hearing aids so they don't have to bill the big price stuff on like most companies do. And I appreciate a company that stands behind their stuff. Also, I'm not a cranky old man, but I am a fuzzy man, and the staff at Zounds was very professional in dealing with me. They tested me very well and for me, it was a very good experience.

I've been going to this other one for 10 to 15 years and they were always kind of in a hurry. I didn't like that. When I go to a medical place, I don't wanna be rushed through. It just doesn't make sense. Other than that, I also like the little fact that my hearing aids are comfortable. But the unit is a little big behind my ear. Also, I've had a lot of cancer on my ears and my one ear is very sensitive to having something in there. But for going out and whatnot, I still wear the hearing aids and I'll get used to them. I've had them on these past three months and they're very good for where I am and what I'm doing. I also like the little beep when the unit goes in my ear. That tells me that it's working. It's a handy piece of equipment and when you get up in these years, it's nice to have something that works good.

All in all my Zounds hearing aids have improved my life. Having them helps a whole lot especially when I watch TV or when I'm talking to someone in a noisy restaurant. I had lunch with a old gal who's 93 and she and I were comparing our hearing aids. I told her I could hear her and that I hope she could hear me. She said I sounded weak, but I got a pretty strong voice. Still, I didn't wanna tell her that as I didn't wanna hurt her feelings. But I told her about Zounds. And for me, that's the best advertisement you can get. Zounds has a good product and I hope they expand.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I had a significant hearing loss. At that time, Zounds seemed anxious to get the hearing aids out to the customer and they were providing good service. Also, the price was good and compared with other hearing aids, Zounds was a lot better and they were hands down. I bought the Clareza, which is behind the ear. One hearing aid always seemed to have a low volume. I used the fob to turn it up and every now and then, I've got to do the same thing again. It seems to be losing volume.

Since it's been a while, Sarah she said we should do a whole hearing test and see how my hearing is. The high frequencies were off quite a bit. After they readjusted my present hearing aids, Sarah tried to convince me to buy a pair of the new ones, which had 32 channels. Mine had 16 channels. I told her I didn't wanna buy something if I don’t know if I'd like it or not. She said I could turn it back in within 30 days. I said I didn't think so and asked if they had any that had been turned in that I could use as a loan. She did and borrowed them for a week.

Sarah said they could fix it and she was right. She adjusted them to my profile. Even my wife said my hearing was really good because she never had to repeat. Everything is loud and clear to me. I made an offer because they can't resell them as new ones, but the company only wanted to give me $100 off on a new pair. I told them that didn't work. I've never seen used hearing aids being worth 95% of its value. I was disappointed there, but that’s life in the fast lane.

Zounds had an office close to our house and it was run terribly. The guy there wasn’t there as much as he should have been. They moved to a temporary facility about 20 miles from my house, and then they moved to a more permanent facility which was another couple of miles farther. However, when you walk in, it looks like they're there only temporarily. Everybody’s temporary. They have no freezer. They have a water cooler, a coffee maker and a display case with nothing in it. It looks like they don’t wanna spend the money to present themselves as a professional hearing company. In plain English, they wanna be very cheap about it. However, I thought they've gone beyond what they've been required to satisfy their customers.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello John, thank you for visiting our new Corporate location and for your review. I am glad Sara was able to help you improve your ability to hear. We have just recently moved into our permanent office and are still getting furnishings and decor delivered. We hope to have it completed soon.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My hearing started to go 10 years ago. I had hearing aids from Adobe Hearing, but I was not happy with them. With it, the hearing was not good and I could not hear people’s conversation when sitting in groups or in my bible study group. When my husband saw Zounds' ad in the paper, we decided to try them and be tested. I really like everything about my Zounds hearing aid, including the way it fits. It has the piece behind the ear and it has this little controller to turn things up or down. I can adjust it to my environment and the sound around me. It has a music, party, regular and dining mode feature and you can control the treble and bass with it too. But it is not really good in trying to cut out background noise, though everybody has trouble with that.

This Zounds hearing aid is my third set and although the cost is hefty, I am happy with what it does. Everybody at Zounds has been very good and I've had wonderful treatment, but I've had to change places 'cause the one little place that I’ve first gone to is not there anymore. Other than that, they have given good service and their hearing aids are working very well. Putting my hearing aids on is one of the things I do when I get up in the morning and start my day. And I have had friends tell me that I am the only one that they know that has put a set of hearing aid in and never complained. It gives me a quality of life that I wouldn't have without it and I’ve recommended them to people.

Dear Virginia,

We are happy to hear from such a long-term customer! Our staff at the Corporate location in Tucson is always there to assist you with any adjustments needed to refine your fitting as your hearing changes. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a discount on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes for your next pair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer - we sure appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I received my hearing aid in March 2019 and couldn’t be more satisfied. The hearing consultant made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. She went over all the information on how to use the different settings and made sure it was a good fit.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Getting ready to send in for a second time since April. When I purchased them, I was assured that I could service them locally. How can you service hearing aids without checking the customer. They just aren't working right. Would gladly take a refund. Am not happy.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I'm very disappointed with my Zounds hearing aid. I cannot hear real good with them. The girl said, “Well, you can hear 100% like you were if they were normal.” But I have so many problems with it. I tried to call that 800 number several times, and couldn't get through to them. The tip fell out of my earplug so I called last week, and they were very, very busy. I gotta wait a call tomorrow for an appointment.

Another thing, I had a cheap pair. But I bought the one for $5,000. This was the best one they had at the time. Then, Zounds came out with "if you turn those in and get the new ones, it'll cost you $2,000 more." I went for the $2,000. So I got $7,000 worth of hearing aids in my ear, and I told my husband I should have gone to another place. I'm very disappointed. I can't hear every word that is said. We were at our daughter's house yesterday, and I had the original hearing aids. I miss a lot of the conversation. I'm not too happy. If the people there were not so nice as they are, I would have gone to Channel 3 and complained. But these people are so nice and friendly.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My hearing was about 40% gone. We live right down the street from Zounds' location next to a Safeway store that we frequent. The people at Zounds' were very informative. The rep whom I worked with did a marvelous job at explaining everything. He helped me pick out the right pair of hearing aids. I got the ones that are rechargeable which were on sale for 1,000 bucks apiece. I was extremely happy with what he did.

The price was attractive. Previously, I had gone to another place and they wanted $5,000 for two hearing aids. That was extremely more than what I wanted to spend. According to my rep at Zounds, the model of hearing aid I got would work very well for my hearing loss with the way it is. Thus far, I've been very happy with them. He fitted me very well with the hearing aids. Overall, my experience with Zounds has been very good.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My Zounds Hearing Aids is working okay. It’s dependable and helpful. Before, my hearing loss was very poor. I can enjoy life more now that I can hear better. The conversations are clearer. However, it would be helpful if they lower the cost of it. It's a little high.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Though I could hear fine, my hearing was be muffled when I'm with my grandchildren. I would hear their voices but it wasn't clear. Our family doctor said that Zounds makes all the parts for other hearing aids and he recommended them. So, I went with Zounds and got the model with the remote. The rep whom I worked with tried to explain everything to me. She was very nice and helped with testing and fitting my hearing aid. However, I have some trouble with it. I get irritated by it. The wire over my ear bothers me at times. Also, the hearing aids are expensive. Despite those issues, I love my Zounds hearing aids.

Original review: April 26, 2019

My hearing loss in both ears was getting worse and I liked that Zounds hearing aids are rechargeable. I like the idea that I would put them on either on my ears or on the charger. The reps were very helpful and I’m very pleased with the service. I got the Torza model which they thought would be the best one for me and my hearing is a lot better now. The experience has been very pleasant.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I have nerve damage in a lot of different parts of my body. My ears happened to be one of those and I've been dealing with the hearing issues for at least 20 years now. A friend of mine had very good luck with the Zounds hearing aids. She is 91 and I trust her, and she would have told me if she had problems with them. However, the last two or three years that I've worked with Zounds has been very confusing. They were at one location and a woman helped me. She was very knowledgeable and she did a good job of fitting my hearing aids. I went back to get them rechecked but she had been fired. They had a new young man and the impression he left me was I was bothering him and that he got other things to do. He was in a hurry and he did not spend enough time with me to adjust my hearing aids, and I really felt that.

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield that covers hearing aids for me every three years and I pay a portion of that. I filed the insurance and I received notice that Zounds was paid, then I paid the remainder of it. Three years later, I received a Blue Cross Blue Shield bill from whoever who took over for Zounds in the office and I was being charged $4,000 because I had no record of the fact that my hearing aids have been paid for, nor did they have record of the check that I have written to them, although I had the record of the check that was written to them. It was poor service and I was so frustrated with the whole situation. It was also at that time that I found that Zounds had moved, but there had been no notification to me that in order to get service on my Zounds, I had to go to a different office. It was very messy.

My hearing continues to get worse. I lead classes or I try to go to seminars, but I cannot understand half of what is said. I had to make up what I was supposed to be hearing. The hearing aid has something to do with it. Even when I first got them, I had difficulty when I was teaching in class and I would answer inappropriately because I had not heard the question correctly. I have a new set now and it is my second set of Zounds. The new man over there has attempted to be very kind to me, but I don't feel he is very knowledgeable. He knows how to run a computer and if I tell him that I can hear something, he knows how to set it but he is not an audiologist. I have gone to an audiologist several times before with my hearing loss and they were more knowledgeable.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have partial hearing loss. Zounds had a good reputation back east in Pennsylvania and I lived in an over 55 community where a number of people who had Zounds recommended them to me. I also liked their lifetime warranty, so I decided to purchase from them. Their staff was very nice and qualified. Everything about the testing process was fine, too. The hearing aid that I got has the little pea pod that goes over the ear and the little clear plastic pipe that goes into the ear with a tube on it. It's easy to use and I got used to it. It also seems to be doing what it's designed to do.

Original review: March 28, 2019

As my partial hearing loss was terrible, somebody recommended Zounds to me and I got the top-of-the-line model. There's a girl named Bianca who is such a credit to the company. She handles everything with such sweetness and never acts like I'm a problem or a bother to be there. She tells me to come back any time and she is constantly readjusting the hearing aids. I hear for one day and then they’re gone again.

The testing was very good, but the results aren't there. The product isn’t worth the price, and I’m very upset about not being able to hear after spending all that money. Also, I have long fingernails and I don’t like to stick those little batteries in to my hearing aids. I like the feature of having that automatic, but I’m not impressed with that and I’m afraid that that charger is my problem.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have a loss of hearing for years now and I've had a hearing aid before. Zounds is heavily advertised and I thought I'd give them a try. So, I got a rechargeable hearing aid that uses no battery. I have one-on-one interactions with a technician there, and he's very helpful and good. He is the only individual in that office and there’s no display and no lab, so it’s not appropriate. It is just one office that's crammy and there's nothing much to show. It's unlike the other hearing office where they have a lab and better facility. Zounds should have more office space and showroom. Still, my overall experience with Zounds is good.

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you are doing well with your Zounds aids and that your experience has been good. We are new to the Henderson area and are utilizing space in a professional office plaza while we procure and build out permanent retail space in the area.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My experience with Zounds Hearing Aids has always been very good. The only thing is the store in Cherry Hill only opens around two or three days a week and it is a problem when you need service or a piece because you can't walk in and get it done right away. It would be nice if they had more days for service. Other than that, the service has been good. I had the Clareza before, but they faded out on me after a couple of years. I bought the upgrade, which I'm happy with. But they gotta strengthen up the part that fits in the ear and hooks into the hearing aid because I had the experience of a couple of them breaking on me. Still, they've been fine and the quality of the model that I have has been good. I would tell a friend to listen to Zounds and to watch the video and go from there.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My client had a stroke 14 years ago and I'm her caregiver. I drive her everywhere, with her worse ear closer to me as the driver, not realizing she couldn't hear a thing I was saying to her in the car. She was almost deaf in one ear and had moderate hearing loss in the other ear, so it was very hard having a conversation with her without screaming. She was missing out a lot in life, not hearing. But then she saw the Zounds ad in the paper and forced her daughter to take her to get an appointment. My client's doctor said it probably would not behoove us to try this. We went to Zounds and listened to Jeff tell us what the products were and how they worked. It sounded like something that would work for us, so we gave it a try.

With the type of Zounds hearing aid that she has had, her hearing is a 100% better, and now, we seem to be able to have a conversation. It's unlike before when everybody else in the restaurant heard me but her. Also, having the remote control to adjust to help her, is wonderful. We haven't had to use that yet, but we keep trying all the different modes so that we can see if anything is even better for her. When we saw Jeff, he tested her without her knowing it, and she did really great. He's very obliging, and he's right there if we need to call. Everything about the customer service is great. I went in not expecting a whole lot and I was very pleased.

Hello Karen,

I am very happy to hear that your client decided to move forward with improving her quality of life through better hearing. No matter what other health conditions may be impacting her, being able to communicate with others and connect with the world around her is a very good thing. Please extend our good wishes to her.

L.J. Shaffer

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have had my hearing checked originally. I was told I had tinnitus and it wasn't a problem. It didn't get any better though. It got worse. I decided to get a second opinion and went to Zounds. They discovered that my hearing loss is moderate to severe. I had people talking to me and I couldn't hear what they were saying. The people at Zounds were honest with me and I've had excellent interactions with their reps. One rep offered us three models and I chose the Vizara. I can go back to the assistant any time that I have a problem. Indeed, when I had a problem a week later, I went there and she fixed it right up.

The only problem that I have is the background noise, and if people are whispering, I can't hear them. A friend of mine is a very low speaker, and it's very difficult to hear her. Other than that, my hearing has had a tremendous improvement with Zounds. If my friends want a first, second or third opinion, they should absolutely include Zounds and go there.

Hello Maureen,

I am happy to hear that you are receiving excellent care from our staff, and that your hearing aids are indeed helping you. You are welcome to come into any Zounds location for complimentary retesting and adjustments any time you feel the need. Tinnitus and hearing loss are not mutually exclusive. Hearing loss is often discounted when a person has tinnitus, because the tinnitus masks the hearing loss. Zounds offers hearing aids that provide tinnitus masking as an added benefit to customized hearing aid programming. Best of luck to you!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a severe hearing loss where I could hear almost nothing. I got two pairs of hearing aids and they didn’t work. I had Zounds at one time but I lost them and I didn’t have insurance on them. The other type of hearing aids I tried had the molding stuff and went right in the ears. But I was never satisfied with them. I left those hearing aids and went back to Zounds again.

I have the Zounds behind-the-ear hearing aids now. They are of better quality and have more features and settings. I can adjust the tone and volume. I can adjust everything that is in the remote controller. With other hearing aids, I had to push the hearing aid and make it work. I keep the Zounds remote in my pocket so I can see what I'm doing. I can see whether it's going up and down.

The people at Zounds have been very outstanding and have always been very pleasant. They were running a special for customers who already have Zounds or who bought from them in the past. They called and we walked in there. I got the hearing aids at half of what I paid for the first time. The first time I bought from them, the hearing aids were $6,000 for the pair. Over the years, that was what we paid for hearing aids. I got my Zounds hearing aids back in October. I had to go back a couple of times for either adjustments and repairs. They get taken care of. Their guys do fixes right there in the lab and hand the hearings aids back to me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My hearing loss was pretty bad. We read Zounds Hearing's ad in the paper and contacted them. I liked what I heard and the Zounds staff member, Sarah. She was a nice person, which made the difference. Plus, she likes my tiny dog. The hearing aids are working really well and I like them a lot. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I can also adjust the degree of hearing. I can make it louder or softer. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Hello Peggy!

Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff and with your new Zounds hearing aids. Rechargeable hearing aids are truly the most convenient option and I am happy to hear that you are pleased with their performance.

Zounds Hearing

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Zounds Hearing Aids is fantastic. My mother has hearing loss and has had Zounds for six years now. The hearing aids have changed her life. She has dementia so we cannot have the battery changing all the time. One of the top things that we really liked about the hearing aids is that you just put them in the cradle every night to recharge them. They also had a really good, fair price. Plus, Zounds' service is outstanding. The receptionist is wonderful and the audiologist is even better. My mom really feels comfortable with them. They fixed the batteries too. They are a great company and I can’t say enough about them.

Hello Debra,

I am so happy to hear that your mother is benefiting from her new hearing aids. One of our staff members brought her mother, who had advanced dementia, in for a hearing test and fitting. The dementia diagnosis was masking the hearing loss, for which symptoms can be similar. Nina had heard of customers with dementia for whom aids made a big difference in their ability to connect and communicate. Happily, this was also the case for Nina's mother. Once she was aided, she was able to communicate and enjoy things like movies and music and dinners with family. Nina said it was like turning back the clock three years and they were able to make memories they can cherish later. I hope your mother is equally blessed.

L.Shaffer

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The hearing on my left ear is almost totally gone and my right ear is not very good. I've had good interactions with the Zounds staff. They ran the tests, and they were quite positive and good to work with. The Zounds hearing aids have been helpful. I have the one in the ear and behind the ear as well. It's a good model and the cost is about right. I've had other hearing aids, but what I like about Zounds is that I can charge up the battery at nighttime, and that’s convenient. These hearing aids have been very important and I would recommend it to other people.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had my hearing going on 5 years, I recently received a card with updated locations and noted the one listed at Carmel IN. I needed to have my hearings checked and needed new earpieces plus a new battery. Today I saw Jeff at this office and he was wonderful. Thank you Jeff for helping me by replace the earpieces both AIDS and the battery in one aid. I hear so much better! I moved to this area two years ago and there were no stores in this area. Thank you Zounds for Jeff and the Carmel store!??

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Like other reviews I have read, the office closed within a year. My wife’s hearing aids stopped amplifying but the office was closed. There were not others in the area. Send to Arizona was the suggestion. We have over $6500 invested and are very frustrated. It seems their strategy is to attempt to penetrate an area and then close to leave those buyers without service. Not nice!

Dear Mr. Bero,

I have attempted to contact you, but have not as yet heard back from you. The location where you purchased your aids was a franchise location, which regrettably closed. This action was out of our control. We consider you to be a valued Zounds customer and are happy to provide customer service and support through our Corporate office in Arizona. We have a dedicated Customer Care Team that will provide service to you. All warranties are absolutely honored. Please reach out to me and I will provide information on how convenient it is to use this service.

LaWana Thomasson

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased Zounds hearing aid in Utah (Riazo). But when I went back to their store for a repair & adjustment they had literally vanished. I called a number in the warranty book & was told to bring it in. That was nice of them. I'm here in Utah & they are somewhere in Arizona. Evidently Zounds is belly up in Utah. I still can't hear & have a worthless hearing aid.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

It is unfortunate that your local franchise location closed. If you require service we are happy to assist at our Corporate repair facility in Arizona. Please let me know if you are interested in this and I will have a member of our Customer Care Team contact you with instructions on sending your hearing aid in for service. We will clean your hearing aid and provide you with detailed diagnostics on what repairs are needed prior to performing service. All manufacturer warranties are absolutely honored.

You are a valued Zounds customer and we stand behind our products. We would welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My dad started losing his hearing years ago and they started with Zounds. My mom and dad had seen an advertisement about Zounds and they decided to go there because of that and the location. They shopped at a place and saw Zounds. But we’re a little frustrated with the product now. They’ve had it for a while so they’re probably due for an upgrade. But my dad just passed away and although we would need the best product that will service my mother, financially, it is gonna be important to find something that is affordable for her.

With funeral and hospital expenses, the hearing aids are not affordable for my mom now. She lives off of Social Security and her income now is much lower. I’ve also seen other products that are less expensive than Zounds. But as far as the service goes, we’re very happy with that. The manager who helped us was awesome. He was very accommodating and helpful. We also like that they can take us pretty immediately. We do have to make an appointment, which makes sense, but they’re good in responding to our issues.

Hello Nora,

Our condolences on the loss of your father. This is surely a difficult time for you and your mother. I am sending you a private message to discuss options for your mother. Our hearing aids start at $799 each. We understand that this is a big purchase and we have multiple financing plans for those who could benefit from it. Additionally, as a Zounds customer, your mother is entitled to special upgrade offers with drastically reduced pricing. I am sure we can find a good solution for your mother.

LaWana Thomasson

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was having a terrible time hearing. I had hearing aids and when I put fresh batteries in, within half an hour, I could hardly hear anything. I belong to an RV group and one of the girls recommended Zounds Hearing. She said that they are very good and know what they’re doing. I went to Zounds Hearing within a couple of days and they were wonderful. I’ve used it and I can hear now and I like the fact that I didn’t have to put batteries in. That was a biggie.

Sarah, the gal who did all of these, told me the batteries used were used up so fast because the hearing aids were trying to hear for me. The person who assisted me was wonderful. She really was very thorough and knew what she was talking about. Testing and fitting the hearing aids were very easy. They’re expensive but I thought, “Anything so I can hear.” I was getting sick and tired of going places or being with groups and not being able to hear anything.

The hearing aids are very comfortable. Yesterday, I put them in before I left the dentist. I had them in all day long and they were fine. I wasn’t even aware they were in anymore. With the other pair, I had to be careful to keep pushing them back in. I can hear things now. Before, if I was with my RV Group and were playing a game, I couldn’t half hear what they were saying. Or I have no idea what was said at a meeting. We had another meeting after I had Zounds in and it was wonderful. I can actually hear what they were saying. It is worth every penny I paid. I’m very satisfied with Zounds Hearing.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

When I first got the aids they were great but as time went on they got to where they were not as efficient as they were at first. When I went back to the store where I purchased them the store was no longer there. That was the one in Bricktown, NJ. That was a very convenient store for me and the others that are listed are further away and not really convenient. So the aids ended up in the drawer not being used. Like most of the others I have tried over the years. I did get them out again and tried to charge them. The battery in the left one would not charge. Is there a place I can purchase the batteries for these without going to the store that sells them. If not I guess they will go back into the drawer. After looking back I don't think that I would purchase another set unless I can purchase parts and accessories in an aftermarket situation.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for choosing Zounds hearing aids. The location where you purchased your aids was a franchise location, which regrettably closed. The remaining New Jersey locations are all corporate owned. We consider you to be a valued Zounds customer and are happy to provide customer service and support through our Corporate office in Arizona. We have a dedicated Customer Care Team that will provide service to you. Battery changes and cleanings are provided at no cost for the life of the aid. All warranties are absolutely honored. I am sending a private message to you with your account information and information on how convenient it is to use this service.

Zounds Hearing

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We’ve been to Zounds before when they were in the area three years ago. My wife got her hearing aids then. We have the rechargeable hearing aids. We were on Medicare and our insurance paid $1,000 per ear for a hearing aid at that time. Since then, it has gone down to 500, but we just stayed with the one we had. They moved the closer store in our area and they had a place open on the East side, which was quite a way. That was the first year.

By the time we needed to get the batteries replaced, they were gone and there were no Zounds anywhere in the area. They were gone for three years and we were not happy about that. When we called their 800 number, it sounded like they’d gone bankrupt and we were out of luck. They said they didn’t know if they’d be back. There was no place we could go to get service. We couldn’t ship the hearing aids in to get batteries replaced or anything fixed. We didn’t wanna get new hearing aids with somebody else. But Zounds just came back and they said they were gonna have a permanent presence in the area now, which we hope they do.

The service we got at Zounds was good, but there was no service there for quite a while. We had to go to a different place which was nice enough to honor the Zounds warranty thing. They cleaned the hearing aids for free. But the battery was proprietary, so they couldn’t replace the battery, and they couldn’t find a way to get one. They said they had a lot of customers from Zounds. We went back to Zounds because we already had the hearing aids, and the battery was supposed to be free, which it was. We got a new battery and we had to get a part of the hearing aids replaced since a wire was loose.

My wife doesn’t wear her hearing aids as often or as much as she should. But when she needs them, they're easy to use. They have a remote too which helps for different things that she is doing like if she’s watching TV or having a conversation. She also doesn’t have to take the hearing aid out to talk on the phone. She’s happy with the hearing aids. They work really well. The hearing on my wife's left ear is almost completely gone. Her right ear is a little better and has some hearing there. She has a little trouble with one ear because her ear is dry. We have to put drops in it. The hearing aid is uncomfortable because of the condition of the ear and not because of the hearing aid.

Dear Rick,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Zounds. I am happy to hear that your wife is pleased with her aids and that they work well for her.

It was unfortunate that the franchisee in your area closed. We are happy to now have a corporate location open near you.

All Zounds customers are provided service through our Corporate Offices in Arizona. We have a dedicated Customer Care Team and repair facility that handles all repairs. Hearing aids needing battery changes are provided this service, and a complete cleaning, free of charge for the life of your aid. Warranty and out of warranty repairs are performed at this location as well.

Again, I am glad we have opened a Corporate location near you, but we have you covered no matter where you may travel.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information