It's that easy Request Information
4.07/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

430 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had my hearing going on 5 years, I recently received a card with updated locations and noted the one listed at Carmel IN. I needed to have my hearings checked and needed new earpieces plus a new battery. Today I saw Jeff at this office and he was wonderful. Thank you Jeff for helping me by replace the earpieces both AIDS and the battery in one aid. I hear so much better! I moved to this area two years ago and there were no stores in this area. Thank you Zounds for Jeff and the Carmel store!??

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Like other reviews I have read, the office closed within a year. My wife’s hearing aids stopped amplifying but the office was closed. There were not others in the area. Send to Arizona was the suggestion. We have over $6500 invested and are very frustrated. It seems their strategy is to attempt to penetrate an area and then close to leave those buyers without service. Not nice!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Zounds came as a recommendation from a trusted friend and Kazani is great. If Zounds can clone her and put her in every office they have, they would be doing really well. I was sure whichever model she picked for mom is the best. My mom had profound hearing loss but now, she can hear every word I'm saying. She doesn't have to read lips anymore. There's a marked difference. The process of testing and fitting for her hearing aids was easy as well and every time we've been there, the people have been incredibly lovely. They adore my mother too, so we always look forward to going.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased Zounds hearing aid in Utah (Riazo). But when I went back to their store for a repair & adjustment they had literally vanished. I called a number in the warranty book & was told to bring it in. That was nice of them. I'm here in Utah & they are somewhere in Arizona. Evidently Zounds is belly up in Utah. I still can't hear & have a worthless hearing aid.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My dad started losing his hearing years ago and they started with Zounds. My mom and dad had seen an advertisement about Zounds and they decided to go there because of that and the location. They shopped at a place and saw Zounds. But we’re a little frustrated with the product now. They’ve had it for a while so they’re probably due for an upgrade. But my dad just passed away and although we would need the best product that will service my mother, financially, it is gonna be important to find something that is affordable for her.

With funeral and hospital expenses, the hearing aids are not affordable for my mom now. She lives off of Social Security and her income now is much lower. I’ve also seen other products that are less expensive than Zounds. But as far as the service goes, we’re very happy with that. The manager who helped us was awesome. He was very accommodating and helpful. We also like that they can take us pretty immediately. We do have to make an appointment, which makes sense, but they’re good in responding to our issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was having a terrible time hearing. I had hearing aids and when I put fresh batteries in, within half an hour, I could hardly hear anything. I belong to an RV group and one of the girls recommended Zounds Hearing. She said that they are very good and know what they’re doing. I went to Zounds Hearing within a couple of days and they were wonderful. I’ve used it and I can hear now and I like the fact that I didn’t have to put batteries in. That was a biggie.

Sarah, the gal who did all of these, told me the batteries used were used up so fast because the hearing aids were trying to hear for me. The person who assisted me was wonderful. She really was very thorough and knew what she was talking about. Testing and fitting the hearing aids were very easy. They’re expensive but I thought, “Anything so I can hear.” I was getting sick and tired of going places or being with groups and not being able to hear anything.

The hearing aids are very comfortable. Yesterday, I put them in before I left the dentist. I had them in all day long and they were fine. I wasn’t even aware they were in anymore. With the other pair, I had to be careful to keep pushing them back in. I can hear things now. Before, if I was with my RV Group and were playing a game, I couldn’t half hear what they were saying. Or I have no idea what was said at a meeting. We had another meeting after I had Zounds in and it was wonderful. I can actually hear what they were saying. It is worth every penny I paid. I’m very satisfied with Zounds Hearing.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

When I first got the aids they were great but as time went on they got to where they were not as efficient as they were at first. When I went back to the store where I purchased them the store was no longer there. That was the one in Bricktown, NJ. That was a very convenient store for me and the others that are listed are further away and not really convenient. So the aids ended up in the drawer not being used. Like most of the others I have tried over the years. I did get them out again and tried to charge them. The battery in the left one would not charge. Is there a place I can purchase the batteries for these without going to the store that sells them. If not I guess they will go back into the drawer. After looking back I don't think that I would purchase another set unless I can purchase parts and accessories in an aftermarket situation.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We’ve been to Zounds before when they were in the area three years ago. My wife got her hearing aids then. We have the rechargeable hearing aids. We were on Medicare and our insurance paid $1,000 per ear for a hearing aid at that time. Since then, it has gone down to 500, but we just stayed with the one we had. They moved the closer store in our area and they had a place open on the East side, which was quite a way. That was the first year.

By the time we needed to get the batteries replaced, they were gone and there were no Zounds anywhere in the area. They were gone for three years and we were not happy about that. When we called their 800 number, it sounded like they’d gone bankrupt and we were out of luck. They said they didn’t know if they’d be back. There was no place we could go to get service. We couldn’t ship the hearing aids in to get batteries replaced or anything fixed. We didn’t wanna get new hearing aids with somebody else. But Zounds just came back and they said they were gonna have a permanent presence in the area now, which we hope they do.

The service we got at Zounds was good, but there was no service there for quite a while. We had to go to a different place which was nice enough to honor the Zounds warranty thing. They cleaned the hearing aids for free. But the battery was proprietary, so they couldn’t replace the battery, and they couldn’t find a way to get one. They said they had a lot of customers from Zounds. We went back to Zounds because we already had the hearing aids, and the battery was supposed to be free, which it was. We got a new battery and we had to get a part of the hearing aids replaced since a wire was loose.

My wife doesn’t wear her hearing aids as often or as much as she should. But when she needs them, they're easy to use. They have a remote too which helps for different things that she is doing like if she’s watching TV or having a conversation. She also doesn’t have to take the hearing aid out to talk on the phone. She’s happy with the hearing aids. They work really well. The hearing on my wife's left ear is almost completely gone. Her right ear is a little better and has some hearing there. She has a little trouble with one ear because her ear is dry. We have to put drops in it. The hearing aid is uncomfortable because of the condition of the ear and not because of the hearing aid.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was experiencing issues at home where I couldn’t hear the television unless I had it up really loud. But I didn’t go to any formal doctor for hearing testing until I went to Zounds. I have breakfast every Saturday morning and my partners told me about their positive experiences with the company. Their price sounded very reasonable too. The Zounds reception lady was exceptionally nice. If I was having any issues with my hearing aids, I could walk in there anytime that I was in the area. They'd immediately accept the fact that I had not made an appointment but that I had an issue with my hearing aids. They'd respond immediately and would take me in and do whatever was necessary to the hearing aids in order to bring them back to 100% performance.

The most important issue in acquiring hearing aids is that you should get rechargeable ones. The ones that I have are eight-channel, rechargeable hearing aids that go into a charging station at the end of every day. When I get up in the morning, I put them back in and they’re good for the day. I have not had any issues with batteries. My understanding from other people that do not have Zounds hearing aids is that their biggest anxiety comes as a result of the fact that they are continuously having to fool with their batteries which are very small and difficult to deal with.

Having used Zounds, the difference in my ability to hear has been night and day. I have a remote control that offers me several different settings. Depending upon the format of the area that I’m in, I can change the settings so that I could hear quite well. It has made a significant difference in my ability to communicate with people and their ability to communicate with me. Another thing is the Zounds hearing aids, relative to other hearing aids, are very inexpensive. Hearing aids, as a generality, seem to be priced very high. But Zounds hearing aids are very economical and a very good value for the price. I would recommend to any potential purchasers that Zounds is the right place to buy hearing aids.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

There was a local clinic and I drove by it one time and knew that I needed to do something. That was about four years ago. I have partial hearing loss and it has gotten progressively worse. I got the over the ear hearing aids from Zounds and the guy did a nice job and he seemed like a bright guy. I was satisfied with the hearing aids. A couple of times, I had sent them in and they seemed to be okay. But longevity was my biggest disappointment. I thought it would last more than three or four years. Other than that, I'm 100% satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My mother had minimal hearing and I went with Zounds because I had been hearing good things about the company. So I went there and before I knew it, we had the hearing aids for her. The only thing Zounds needs to improve on is this. When I asked for some type of carry case in case we have to take the hearing aids out, what I got was this generic kind of box. It wasn’t designed for the hearing aids and they really don’t even fit in. A person might be getting her hair done and she might need to take them out so Zounds needs something very nice for that person to put the hearing aids in. They need to work on that.

But that aside, the hearing aids seem comfortable and my mother can hear us talking to her now. She’s enjoying being a part of the conversation. She goes back to Zounds for fittings as needed and we’re very happy with their service there. People always want something not quite expensive. But when you have the need, you have to do it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have mild to moderate hearing loss. Prior to going with Zounds Hearing, I had a Rexton hearing aid and when I tried Zounds, I liked how they worked compared to my Rexton. The model I got has different settings for dining, music and listening close in. I that it's of good quality and results in better hearing overall.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My hearing was getting a little bit off and I was missing a few of the high notes and sounds. Zounds had a special on and I ended up with getting their latest model hearing aid. The cost is about a third of the cost of the other company. The staff who assisted me was super. One guy worked really well, knew his business, and checked it out both ways. He took special care of the testing and the fitting. It was so good. My wife has got the same and got up there also.

My hearing aid is the better one and it got more functions in it, so I figured I might as well have the best. I like the control on it where I can raise it up or down or change my pitch or sound. I can even shut it off if I want. I like the rechargeable part of it and so there are no batteries that I'm messing around with. I also like the free service I get. If I need it, they're there. I live in North Dakota, but the Zounds is down here in Mesa, Arizona. So, I can mail it down, and then they mail it back. The hearing aid works well and it's made me hear things that I never heard before, which I don't know if it's good or bad. Other than that, it's a good deal.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had other aids and now have a New set from Zounds, Valparaiso, Indiana store. The rechargeable battery was a concern, but have gotten more than 2 days from a charge already. Charger is easy and cheaper than batteries, but battery lasted about 14 months. Store replaced for free and made a couple audio adjustments already at my request.

Licensed fitter "Sam" has been an absolute pleasure to work with. Truly cares about you hearing better and wants them to work for you so you will wear them. I can't speak for other stores or company, but this store and this young man set the example for the Zounds company. Expensive, but not the most expensive, plus I have been treated fairly and now can wear them all day and hear better, the most important thing. Also, knowing I paid a fair price and was taken care of after the sale was a good feeling for me. No man or women likes to think they were taken advantage of, and the product works well too, not sitting in the drawer collecting dust.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I purchased my Zounds hearing aid in March of 2018. The salesperson talked me into a rechargeable model instead of easily replaceable batteries. The rechargeable battery died after five weeks. Although the battery is supposed to have lifetime replacement they were reluctant to even look at the reason the unit died in such a short time. I was told “you know this only has a thirty day warranty. You signed the document”. They did end up replacing the battery and sending it back to me. That only took three weeks. Two months later the rechargeable battery died again. I sent it back for battery replacement. I got it back a month later. My calls to customer service were unanswered. Emails to the company were unanswered.

I wasn’t told I could control the hearing aid with my iPhone. No info on cleaning. The brochure I got with the hearing aid was not for my model. I was asked to come back after two weeks of using the hearing aid for final tweaking of the unit to make sure it was working correctly. It’s a twenty mile trip to the retail office one way. When I got there for the appointment I was asked if I was hearing ok. I said yes. I was told “ok then you can go. Let me know if you have any problems with it”. What a waste of my time. Traveling to South Dakota and Minnesota I could not find a Zounds dealer.

A hearing aid dealer in Minnesota tried to call and email Zounds to become a dealer. They got no response from Zounds. I had a third battery put in my hearing aid the first week in October 2018. I charge the battery all night every night. After three weeks the battery is not holding a charge all day. By 8:00 pm I can tell it’s is not working a good as it should. Do not buy a Zounds hearing aid.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I've been using Zounds Hearing Aids for 10 years now and I can't imagine being without them. They're very comfortable and I enjoy the adjustability. I have a remote control that I can take with me and make them louder or softer and adjust the sound for the climate I'm in. Last week, I went to one of their stores to have some replacement of the earpieces and the people there have assisted me very well, as always. I wouldn't have any other hearing aids aside from Zounds.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty bad. My husband is soft-spoken and I could hardly ever hear him. And if people got very far away from me, I couldn't hear them either. It's been three or four years that I've been putting it off buying hearing aids and one of the reasons was price. But I liked the price of the hearing aids at Zounds so I decided to buy from them. I got the rechargeable model called the Torza24 and part of it is behind my ear then there's a part in my canal. The hearing aids were on sale at the time and had the best price, so I chose them.

I couldn't be happier with my hearing aids. At the time, I had been to Zounds for a hearing test but I had gotten sick with valley fever, so I didn't follow up with Zounds. I was getting ready to purchase another one but I got a call from Sarah, the rep from Zounds, the evening before I was to go pick up hearing aids at another place, which were gonna cost almost $2000 more. And they weren't even rechargeable ones, plus they didn't have a remote. So, I was thrilled with the hearing aids I got from Zounds. I have arthritis in my hands and those little batteries sometimes are almost impossible to get. They're hard to deal with.

I'm having wonderful luck and I hear good with my hearing aids. But I have really small ears and sometimes, the big part behind my ear doesn't wanna stay because my ears don't cover all of it. But I don't mind. As far as seeing it, you can't because my ear covers it. My hearing aids also has several channels and the remote control where you have options to make the sound louder or in party, dining, and quiet mode. But someday, I'll get the kind that doesn't have anything on the back because the only thing I don't like with what I have now is you have to be extra careful combing your hair when you have it on. I pulled them out a few times with a comb, but I'm getting better at it.

The staff at Zounds are also wonderful. As a matter of fact, I got to call them back and get in there next week because I need a different tip on the left ear. My ears have been sore a couple of times and I think it's because the tip is too big. But that is not a problem. Zounds's reps have been great. I work with Sarah and she has been wonderful. Working with Zounds has helped me a lot because my husband was really getting irritated with me not hearing him. But now, he's not irritated as he was before. And there were a lot of stuff that I couldn't hear before but now I can. With Zounds, I guarantee that you'll be pleased with their service and you'll get so much better deals. So don't go to anybody else.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've had hearing aids for about eight years. I'm 88 years old and my hands have gone pretty bad, so I couldn't put the little batteries in very good and I got to a point where I wasn't wearing the hearing aids. I went and got rechargeables from Zounds and it was a heck of a lot better for me to have them ready to go. I also like the remote control that I can use to change the volume whenever I want to. The fact that I can adjust them is the best feature for me and that really makes the difference.

I really appreciated the service that Zounds give me and the way they are putting some together for me. Initially, the price of the hearing aids made me decide to buy from them over other companies. I purchased the model which cost $3,000 for the pair. When I talked to their rep, she told me that they make their own hearing aids so they don't have to bill the big price stuff on like most companies do. And I appreciate a company that stands behind their stuff. Also, I'm not a cranky old man, but I am a fuzzy man, and the staff at Zounds was very professional in dealing with me. They tested me very well and for me, it was a very good experience.

I've been going to this other one for 10 to 15 years and they were always kind of in a hurry. I didn't like that. When I go to a medical place, I don't wanna be rushed through. It just doesn't make sense. Other than that, I also like the little fact that my hearing aids are comfortable. But the unit is a little big behind my ear. Also, I've had a lot of cancer on my ears and my one ear is very sensitive to having something in there. But for going out and whatnot, I still wear the hearing aids and I'll get used to them. I've had them on these past three months and they're very good for where I am and what I'm doing. I also like the little beep when the unit goes in my ear. That tells me that it's working. It's a handy piece of equipment and when you get up in these years, it's nice to have something that works good.

All in all my Zounds hearing aids have improved my life. Having them helps a whole lot especially when I watch TV or when I'm talking to someone in a noisy restaurant. I had lunch with a old gal who's 93 and she and I were comparing our hearing aids. I told her I could hear her and that I hope she could hear me. She said I sounded weak, but I got a pretty strong voice. Still, I didn't wanna tell her that as I didn't wanna hurt her feelings. But I told her about Zounds. And for me, that's the best advertisement you can get. Zounds has a good product and I hope they expand.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchase my Imprezo aids at the Palos Heights, Ill store about 4 years ago. Initially, I was impressed with the care and professionalism of the company. Tried em out for the trial period and purchased the pair for around $4,000. About 6 months later, I asked for a refund. The sounds were muffled, not clear and I just wanted to give my ears a break. Tried calling the owner, but he/she was always out of town? This dragged on for a few more months. Still no reply back from the owner. I hired an attorney who took up the case. Today, the Palos Heights store is closed. The closest store is in Indiana. I have tried wearing them and recently had to the pay them $50 for a battery change. I drove out to Indiana. Today, my "aids" sit at home gathering dust. I want a full refund! Your franchisee ran off with my money as he kept stalling. It outlasted my warranty! Please contact me!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I’ve had a hearing loss since I was 7. Everybody wanted to stick me in hearing aids all through my school years. There was just no way I was gonna do it. Zounds came to Tucson several years ago and they had representatives come out and I decided to try it simply because I can recharge the batteries. I worked with Sarah on the test and she was fantastic. She was a very caring person. She said that she had family that had hearing problems, so she understood what I was going through and she was in the business to help people. She spent a good hour with me and I was totally impressed with her. I told Sarah that hearing aids drive me absolutely crazy. I don't use them in a a conversational type setting because I've lived in a pretty quiet world most of my life, so these things just aggravate me because of the background noises. It just seems that the background noise is amplified no matter what you do.

I never saw the same Zounds people that I originally dealt with twice or if I did, it seemed that they were in a hurry to get over to the Grant Road office. But I couldn't be happier with anybody. I would definitely recommend Sarah. I’m on a very low fixed income, so I have to make these work and Sarah told me that I could call and come back if there was any problem. I am experiencing a muffled feeling with the voice situation, so I might have to go back in and have Sarah adjust them a little bit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've tried four or five Zounds hearing aids and I have been 100% pleased. I got the one that has plastic earpieces and it's very good. But I have a little trouble holding on to it as I don't have any feelings in my two fingers and my thumb. Also, when it rains, I have to take them out 'cause they get wet with the speaker being on top. But other than that, I'm pleased with Zounds. It's expensive but the quality is fine. Also, the staff was pleasant. They did a super job during the testing and fitting and they took care of me. My hearing was very poor but since having the hearing aids, it has been good. I've enjoyed Zounds and I've told people how it worked and the luck I had with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The hearing aid company that I had went out of business and stopped making hearing aids. I was going back and having them repaired periodically, and I was satisfied with what I had. But it got worse and worse, and the lady that was handling them said that I gotta get something else because their company wasn't gonna do it forever. So, I searched around and Zounds was coming into a thing at that time.

I challenged them once because their advertisement said that if you walked in their door, they would give you a certain price for the hearing aid with all the bells and whistles, including the adjustment pad and the charger for the batteries. So, I came in their store in the mall and said I was ready to sign up. But I told them that I was gonna buy two units and after I bought the first one, I was gonna walk out, then I was gonna come back and I wanted the same deal that they were offering me for the first hearing aid I'd get. But they said that was not what their ad said, so I said goodbye and left them. I wasn't gonna start putting up with stuff like that.

Later on, I went to another branch and they realized that the advertisement was bad, but they said they would honor it for me. So, I got the Zounds for a very economical price. So far, I've been through a few things and the branch that I was dealing with relocated, so I had to go find them. Then one of the hearing aids went bad on me. The guy that I was dealing with said that he could give me a remanufactured one for the one side that was bad. It was gonna cost $150 and he said that it would have a one-year guarantee. So I gave it a try and that worked for a couple of years. Then that one started to go bad again and when it did, the guy at Zounds went bad, too.

Some of the reps at Zounds are good while some of them are bad. As a matter of fact, it was no more than a couple of weeks ago that things went bad. Only one side was working on my unit, so I called them and the girl at this branch told me to bring them in. So, I did and I took one out. Then she told me that she tested it and that the battery was bad. So, they'd have to replace that. Then she told me to give her the other one too, because if that one had gone bad, the other one was gonna go bad, so we might as well change them both out at one time. I said okay and asked how much it was gonna cost me. She said nothing and said that they were guaranteed.

So, she put two new batteries in there and I've been using them ever since. That was the one plus that I ever got out of them. I've had these for 25 years now and I persevere. People just have to repeat what they tell me. One time, I got a phone call and when the guy started talking, I told him to slow down and enunciate his words properly because I couldn't understand him. Then he started getting faster and I told him that he was going fast again. He did that about two or three times, and I hang up on him.

All in all, I wouldn't block Zounds out altogether, but I'm not happy with them. I've had the unit that I have from Zounds, plus another one I got earlier which is over 10 years, and I haven't been satisfied with them since I bought them. You're talking about thousands of dollars worth of products and they just don't work like they claim on the piece of paper. They're all about the same with what other companies offer. When you get them and you tried and used them, they're just nothing. And for Zounds to be taking out full page ads and selling the hearing aids for thousand dollars, they're just overdoing it.

I'm 83 years old and my hearing is pretty bad. But I persevere with it because I can't take any of these expensive type ones, like Miracle-Ear and all these other people. I sit here, I fiddle around with the buttons on the controller, I try and get different combinations, and I just make whatever I can out of them. I'm satisfied with that. These hearing aids, like everybody else's, give you three or four different options. They have regular, normal, and conversation. Then they have eating at a dinner table, or at a music fest. When you pick one of those three, they've got the issue of going plus one, plus two, and plus three. You can go four or five pluses or four or five minuses on either ear. But I really don't understand what are those for.

When we're sitting there eating dinner, I'm clicking this damn thing in my ear and I tell everyone to bear with me. I just have to see what I can get out of my hearing aid, but I never get anything out of it. Also, once the ear pods get worn out, they get a little bit of sore to wear. People that are on a limited income, like myself, can't afford a thousand dollars Zounds. I looked in some of these medical journals and other companies offer hearing aids. They don't claim that they have adjustable ones but they said that they have a hearing device that can help you in a certain capacity for $300. So that's what I'll do because for $300, I can change them every two or three years and out price the Zounds.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I researched hearing aids from coast to coast and I was impressed by the fellow that invented these Zounds hearing aids for his daughter who was very hard of hearing. I also liked the rechargeability of their product, which is a great advantage for older people. I’m 88 years old and when you hit that age, you don’t wanna mess with batteries. Even if the batteries are free, it is irrelevant. If you drop these tiny little things on the ground, you can’t find them.

I’ve been a Zounds wearer for eight years now. My hearing had deteriorated further and I just went in and upgraded to a newer model. I liked the price and availability. You could go from a 16 to a 24 channel for a set of only four bucks over the new 16 channel. Their staff was excellent as well. They were originally a franchise staff and they were very helpful. I was very impressed with the exams that they gave you and how each Zounds earpiece left and right was individually coated for your frequency hearing loss. I’m very happy with Zounds.

Hearing loss is a very individual thing. Some people will get the exact same hearing aids and they’ll say they don’t like it for whatever reason. For me, I just put them in and leave them there. They’re very comfortable and they work fine. And I like the style and the remote capability. I also like the fact that the charger is universal, so no matter where I travel around Europe or in Asia, I just plug it and it works just fine. Also, since the Zounds now here in Tucson is selling direct from the manufacturer and no longer going through a franchise holder, the prices are very competitive and the quality is very high. I told many friends and several friends to purchase from Zounds.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I was dealing with a partial hearing loss and a lady that I live with told us about Zounds when it first came to Tucson. I was impressed with the hearing aids so I went there. Their staff was very nice, and the testing and fitting process went very well. I ended up with a behind-the-ear hearing aid and there is something in the canal. In terms of the cost compared to the quality of my hearing aid, it was very reasonable. My son has hearing aids also for several years, and he along with my daughter went with me. He told his brother when we came home that my Zounds hearing aids were twice as good as his and half the expense. It's been a good experience and I recommend Zounds.

Dear Marion,

Thank you for your review of our Tucson location. It is great to hear that you had a good experience. Please thank your friend for sending you our way!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and I’ve been using hearing aids for about 15 years. I liked the quality of the hearing aid from Zounds so I bought from them. Its features are pretty good but I changed to a different Zounds company a few months back because I wasn’t happy with one of the new guys at my old Zounds company. Other than that, their hearing aid is pretty cheap but has a good quality.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to count you as a customer at our Corporate location in Tucson. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had been wearing hearing aids for a couple of years when a friend of mine referred me to Zounds. She said how much she liked them so I went down there. I liked the idea that I didn’t have to change batteries and that they were rechargeable. I’ve had the hearing aids for about six years now and they're gonna have to be replaced soon because the life of hearing aids is not forever. Sometimes they work better than other times. But the best thing is that the service part of Zounds has always been excellent.

I did the fitting when Zounds was down on Graham. But they had an office up on Magee, which was close to me, so I moved to that office. Then something screwy went on with that office. They still continued to service my hearing aid for me but they apparently lost the franchise. So now I go to the place across the street, which is at Oracle and Magee, and they’re fine. They replace batteries, clean the hearing aids and check things for me. I’ve never had to pay for anything and I’ve been very satisfied. I have also recommended Zounds to friends of mine.

Dear Ms. Chilocott,

Thank you for your review of our Corporate location in Tucson. We opened last fall and are happy to provide service and support to our Tucson customers. It is also good to hear that you have had six years with your current aids. We are happy to provide you with service for them. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a special offer on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes.

All the best to you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I had a significant hearing loss. At that time, Zounds seemed anxious to get the hearing aids out to the customer and they were providing good service. Also, the price was good and compared with other hearing aids, Zounds was a lot better and they were hands down. I bought the Clareza, which is behind the ear. One hearing aid always seemed to have a low volume. I used the fob to turn it up and every now and then, I've got to do the same thing again. It seems to be losing volume.

Since it's been a while, Sarah she said we should do a whole hearing test and see how my hearing is. The high frequencies were off quite a bit. After they readjusted my present hearing aids, Sarah tried to convince me to buy a pair of the new ones, which had 32 channels. Mine had 16 channels. I told her I didn't wanna buy something if I don’t know if I'd like it or not. She said I could turn it back in within 30 days. I said I didn't think so and asked if they had any that had been turned in that I could use as a loan. She did and borrowed them for a week.

Sarah said they could fix it and she was right. She adjusted them to my profile. Even my wife said my hearing was really good because she never had to repeat. Everything is loud and clear to me. I made an offer because they can't resell them as new ones, but the company only wanted to give me $100 off on a new pair. I told them that didn't work. I've never seen used hearing aids being worth 95% of its value. I was disappointed there, but that’s life in the fast lane.

Zounds had an office close to our house and it was run terribly. The guy there wasn’t there as much as he should have been. They moved to a temporary facility about 20 miles from my house, and then they moved to a more permanent facility which was another couple of miles farther. However, when you walk in, it looks like they're there only temporarily. Everybody’s temporary. They have no freezer. They have a water cooler, a coffee maker and a display case with nothing in it. It looks like they don’t wanna spend the money to present themselves as a professional hearing company. In plain English, they wanna be very cheap about it. However, I thought they've gone beyond what they've been required to satisfy their customers.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello John, thank you for visiting our new Corporate location and for your review. I am glad Sara was able to help you improve your ability to hear. We have just recently moved into our permanent office and are still getting furnishings and decor delivered. We hope to have it completed soon.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In 10-30-2015 my father-in-law Richard ** purchased a pair of Zounds hearing aids. Never could get them to working correctly. So I bought him a new pair from a Facebook ad. He now hears better for less money. If anyone that is connected to the Zounds Hearing Aids is reading this it would be nice to refund his money. If you are reputable company you will do the right thing. No questions asked.

Dear Mr. Ellison,

It has been almost three years since your father-in-law purchased his hearing aids. His full name was not included in your review, therefore I cannot look up his history. We offer aftercare for the life of the hearing aid and would be happy to assist him with refining his fitting, should he decide to come in for a consultation.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had pretty severe hearing loss and after the staff at Zounds diagnosed my condition, she offered me the behind the ear hearing aids. It fits very well, and it's the second pair of hearing aids that I had and these are better than the others. Also, I had no problems making appointments with Zounds. I had very friendly and professional interactions with their staff.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My hearing started to go 10 years ago. I had hearing aids from Adobe Hearing, but I was not happy with them. With it, the hearing was not good and I could not hear people’s conversation when sitting in groups or in my bible study group. When my husband saw Zounds' ad in the paper, we decided to try them and be tested. I really like everything about my Zounds hearing aid, including the way it fits. It has the piece behind the ear and it has this little controller to turn things up or down. I can adjust it to my environment and the sound around me. It has a music, party, regular and dining mode feature and you can control the treble and bass with it too. But it is not really good in trying to cut out background noise, though everybody has trouble with that.

This Zounds hearing aid is my third set and although the cost is hefty, I am happy with what it does. Everybody at Zounds has been very good and I've had wonderful treatment, but I've had to change places 'cause the one little place that I’ve first gone to is not there anymore. Other than that, they have given good service and their hearing aids are working very well. Putting my hearing aids on is one of the things I do when I get up in the morning and start my day. And I have had friends tell me that I am the only one that they know that has put a set of hearing aid in and never complained. It gives me a quality of life that I wouldn't have without it and I’ve recommended them to people.

Dear Virginia,

We are happy to hear from such a long-term customer! Our staff at the Corporate location in Tucson is always there to assist you with any adjustments needed to refine your fitting as your hearing changes. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a discount on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes for your next pair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer - we sure appreciate it!

Zounds Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Zounds Hearing was founded by Sam Thomasson, an engineer and medical device developer who has a hearing-impaired daughter and wanted to improve on existing hearing aid technology for her and others with hearing loss. Zounds strives to create hearing aids for today’s world, compatible with cell phones, car communication systems and televisions. Zounds hearing aids are available throughout nearly all of the contiguous United States.

• Exclusive technology: Zounds offers hearing aids it has developed internally as well as exclusively licensed technology from Sam Thomasson’s former tech company, Acoustic Technologies, Inc. That means you can get products at Zounds that are not available elsewhere.

• Free hearing exams: You can visit a Zounds Hearing Center for a hearing assessment with a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Even if you decide you don’t need or want to purchase anything, the assessment is always free, and you can come back for follow-up assessments if your situation changes.

• Product selection: Zounds makes several hearing aid models, so buyers can choose the one best suited for them. The Imprezo is a fully-equipped model that comes with noise cancellation technology and is ideal for those with moderate to severe hearing loss. The Arenz is a small, powerful model that is equipped with Tinnitus Waveform to help those who experience tinnitus. The Prezia model offers many programmable channels for different listening environments.

• GlobalEnergy charging system: Several of Zounds’ hearing aid models run on a rechargeable battery system. Unlike other types of hearing aids, you will never need to buy a battery again. Instead, you can recharge your hearing aids and remote control each night and they will hold a charge for 18 hours. The rechargeable batteries last the life of your hearing aids.

• Convenience: Zounds is one of the United States’ fastest-growing hearing aid companies. There are currently over 200 franchise locations in more than 30 states. Use Zounds’ website to find a location near you.

• Best for: people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and aging listeners.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information