3.83/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 22, 2018

372 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

I went to Zounds in Tucson, AZ. I had my hearing tested and was fitted with a pair of Senza hearing aids. They are marvelous. Carl ** did an excellent job of testing, adjusting and fitting my equipment. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, we visit Tucson twice a year, I will recommend these people and this location to everyone who asks where I got them. Thank you, Zounds, life has never sounded better!

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Tucson location. I will make certain that your review is shared with Carl as well. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 31, 2018

On May 11th, 2016 I purchased Zounds Hearing Aids with remote. The Zounds hearing aid store was located on Pine Island Road in Cape Coral, FL with several locations in the area. I was greeted by the owner, (Bob **). He tested my ears, made the recommendation and sold me the Zounds Hearing Aids with a three year warranty. I went back several times with adjustments, including loud noises in restaurants and not being able to hear conversations at our table, (This problem still exists.), premature battery failure and wire breakage on hearing aid.

I am now having problems with my right aid. I called and found out all four area Zounds stores are now closed. I finally got a number for a location in North Ft. Myers that would service it, but they want $295 to do so. These $4300 hearing aids are not at all what I expected. It appears that Bob is a lot better salesman than product he is selling. I called the 800 number and was presented with music and then abrupt silence. The Zounds owner stated he got into the business to help his Hearing Impaired daughter. That's fine, but what about all the people who can't get satisfaction and in my case, can't hear any high pitched noises at all! P.S. By the way, Mr. BIG SHOT Bob ** is nowhere to be found.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I lost hearing when I was 33 years old when I had an ischemic attack way back when I was 33 years old. So, as a result of that, I never heard anything out of that ear. However, my right ear has taken me through getting Master's degree and teaching for 24 years. And I was beginning to have the sounds that didn't sound correctly. I couldn't make all the words sometimes. It was a nuisance. It started to affect my teaching, which was one of the reasons why I retired. It was then I've tried a couple of other hearing aids and they were never effective until I tried Zounds.

A friend of ours had a son who started Zounds in Fishers, Indiana. He was bragging about his wonderful new Zounds hearing aid and he was extolling the virtues of the Zounds. He put one of the hearing aids to my husband's ear and my husband was very impressed. So, we went all the way to Fishers because there were no Zounds where we were. We went to Fishers to have a regular checking. The hearing aid model I have is Clareza. I still have the original one and I still like it. The hearing aid saved us from a life of not being able to enjoy good music and the television, and neighbors and friends.

Although my only problem is I wear it all day and by night time, I have irritation and an allergy on my deaf ear. I got some drops for the itching. It was something with the surrounding materials in the product. When we found that we have Zounds here locally, we were elated and it has spread to several more cities in our Lake County area. The reps in the local Zounds where we went to were very helpful, very nice to deal with, and very caring. Cynthia is the one who runs, handles the people and she also does the testing, and she fixes too. If something has gone out of the whack, she does it and she's very willing and capable. We have something very good.

It was wonderful that even though it wasn't their sale, they took over and concertedly, they've been very good about treating our problems, which were definitely very minor. Zounds’ people are conscientious, even when you open the door to go into their business. Any receptionist that they've ever had were very accommodating. Also, my husband had one ear bothering him. And so has the Torza and he has it for about six months. He has been very happy with his hearing aid and my husband feels it's normal. He’s 92 years old and he was starting to have problems. He had the hearing aid readjusted recently again as his hearing aid started to go bad.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My mother recently had issues with her hearing aids that she purchased from Zounds in Olive Branch MS. Like many others of you, when she tried to contact the store about it, it had closed. No advance warning, no information on how to get service in the future, nothing. On January 30th, as I was visiting her from 250 miles away, I got tired of screaming at her and decided to help her find an answer. I sent an email to the Zounds customer service department, and got a prompt reply, on March 19th, telling me to have her ship them into their Arizona location for repair. If it took them 47 days to answer an email, I can’t imagine how long it would take them to repair and return her hearing aids! In the meantime, she has shelled out another $5000+ for new hearing aids from Beltone. No one in my family will ever use or recommend Zounds again. I wish we had read reviews before she purchased them in the first place.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I got the Imprezo hearing aids from Zounds and they're great but they're way too expensive. Zounds used to have a franchise at Broadway in Pantano and those people suck. But the staff at the new one which is actually Zounds is great. They listen to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 12, 2018

My mother is doing good with Zounds Hearing. We've been having a lot of trouble. She has a very small ear canal and the local Zounds office made little cups that go into her ear better than the probes and they seem to be doing a little bit better that way. We were very happy with the service that Zounds at Crown Point gave us. Cynthia, who assisted us, was excellent. My mother had her testing done. We had taken her to the ear, nose and the throat doctor and he did the testing on her hearing. He gave us reports which we took the reports to Cynthia and then she analyzed them. When we're setting up the hearing aid, she was doing some minor voice recognition with my mom. She had adjusted her hearing aids a couple of times because my mom was hearing too much background noise.

We took my mom back and Cynthia redirected the receivers. She explained that it takes a good two weeks of wearing them constantly and my mom being in an assisted living, we have trouble having her wearing them constantly during the day. The hearing aids were extremely expensive then. But she did come with a little bit of a break. I paid through my credit card right away. And after we got it, we saw the model we have was being advertised by Zounds for a reduced price. I've seen the paper probably two weeks later that it's almost half the price and at the time I was upset.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I was checked by my ENT and went to Zounds, and they both told me that I have a significant hearing loss. I went online and looked at what each hearing aid company had to offer and I decided that Zounds was my first choice to check out. I was impressed with their price and I also wanted to use my CareCreditcard and Zounds was one of the companies that accepted that. So while I was there, I decided to go stay with Zounds. They brought out and showed me the CENTA hearing aid. They’re easy to charge up and I’m really glad that I don’t have to mess with changing batteries because these two have the rechargeable ones. They were also easy to use but they take some getting used to and sometimes they are uncomfortable. I had tried to use the one on the left about four times and I wasn’t hearing anything out of it at all.

I was not very happy about that so I went back to the office the other day, but I didn’t speak to Sarah, the one who’s usually there with whom I made my appointment with. But there was another guy there who was able to help me. He looked at it and said it had earwax in it. He cleaned it and when he took it out, he said he could hear the feedback. He also said some people come in after a year and have never cleaned their hearing aids and just to redo the rechargeable batteries. I must have more earwax in my left ear because I took them out of my ear yesterday and the right one seems to be fine. So, he gave it to me and I’ve monitored that a little closer.

Also, the right ear seems to feel sore sometimes when I put the little thing down in my ear. So he gave me a little sample of MiraCell which I have to put a little drop in my ear and that might lubricate it a bit so my ear wouldn't feel sore while the hearing aid is in there. I also told him about background noise that I was getting a lot of sometimes. I was in a restaurant last night and it was hard to stay on track of the conversations going on in my table because the background noise was so loud. He told me that a lot of it was just to train myself to concentrate more, and if it remained a problem for me, I could go come back and they could make adjustments to each side and see if they could help with that. But overall, wearing the CENTA hearing aids makes a considerable difference. Now, I’m asking people why they’re making so much noise, why is the TV up so loud and why is someone doing something so loudly. It’s unbelievable.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Joseph was having severe hearing loss. He saw Zounds Hearing’s ad in the paper and before Christmas time, they were having a sale on some of their brands. We went to the Zounds store and their reps knew what they were doing. He wears the hearing aids most of the time and now he can really hear me better.

Hello Marie,

Thank you for the review and update on Joseph. The store staff were very happy to hear that he is doing so well with the hearing aids they helped him select. Hearing loved ones is one of the greatest gifts you receive when you get hearing aids. Best of luck to you both.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I serious think Zounds hearing aids is going out of business. More and more stores closing and my hearing aid was sent to Arizona for repair and paid for. It was been a month with no response. Phone calls and email go unanswered.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have been a long time Zounds customer since purchasing my first hearing in Fort Myers, FL. I bought my second aid in Roswell, GA. Apparently because these are independent retailers, they open and close in the blink of an eye. I have $4,000 worth of hearing aids that now need batteries and for some odd reason, the batteries for Zounds Hearing Aids can’t be found anywhere except at a Zounds location. I live in Atlanta, GA and I can’t find a location within my REGION (as in I’m willing to travel out of state to get my battery) that is open so that I can have my hearing aid working again. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! Why is Zounds using a battery for the Imprezo that can’t even be ordered on Amazon or by a Battery Distributor?! I am not comfortable, at all, sending off my $4,000 hearing aids as the reviews for such with Zounds are horrendous and I am out for WEEKS without the use of my hearing aids.

I don’t want to be “talked into” sending my aids to Arizona for them to be “inspected, the battery replaced and returned” to me. That is not acceptable. I am willing to replace the battery myself if I could just find someone or someplace that carries it!!! Inspecting my aid in Arizona is going to do jack-squat for me here. I would MUCH PREFER Zounds to send me a handful of rechargeable batteries and let me replace it myself. As soon as I can, I will be switching to ReSounds hearing aids as they have distributors all over, including worldwide and they are willing to do any repairs IN FRONT OF YOU. None of this “central repair location” crap. I’m not new to hearing aids or how the system works. I have had one since I was 12, I am now 36. I used to have an Oticon in-ear hearing aid, I had a ReSounds for a short period and then was so impressed with the technology of Zounds that I switched to them for my hearing aid needs. BIGGEST MISTAKE I HAVE MADE!!!

Now that ReSounds has much better and much more advanced technology than Zounds, I will be switching ASAP. Unfortunately hearing aids are expensive and my aid doesn’t have any issues except needing the rechargeable battery replaced. Zounds, all I want is a handful of batteries sent to me at my home so that I can use the $4,000 devices that I have purchased and otherwise are useless and wasteful without a battery. I don’t want to send it off. I don’t care “how good” or “how important” it is to “have it inspected”. Obviously, Zounds is crashing at a lightning speed and they won’t be around much longer — as in I see them dying out within weeks. I do see that they respond to Consumer Affairs reviews and I would like to be contacted regarding this issue. I’ve been a customer since 2009, the least you can do is provide me with a batteries to make my devices work! -Angered In Atlanta

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Purchased my hearing aids on March 28th 2016 for $4200 with a 3 year warranty, free hearing test, adjustments, and batteries from the Green Bay Wisconsin store. Had nothing but issues since purchasing and the store now closed. Still have another year left on warranty. Corporate office does not reply or respond like they say they will. Have been trying to get answers for months and couldn’t get any, so I had to purchase new hearing aids from another source.

Finally today after calling numerous time and being told they were going to call me back and not following through. Three weeks later that is, I receive a call telling me they will not refund my money and I will have to send them to Corporate for anything that needs to be done with them. This is not what I expected when I bought them originally. How can a company expect a person to be without proper hear for weeks or months in my case? I would not recommend Zounds as I have now found out after looking at other reviews of store closures all over.

Resolution response: Feb. 8, 2018

They gave me a new set of hearing aids & they seem to be working better. Everything seemed to work out well after filing the complaint, but did went through a lot of trouble to get everything resolved. It would be good for them to follow up & let me know what was going on.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

On August 12, 2016 I purchased the Imprezo-20 hearing aids for a total of $3500. I have had nothing but trouble with them ever since I bought them. I have had them serviced numerous times with little or no satisfaction from the local office. There is little communication from the office. At the moment they have one of my aids which they indicated they would REPLACE and I would have back within 3 days. It has now been 2 weeks and they have not contacted me. The warranty will be out on August 12th. So what do I do then? The last visit 3 weeks ago cost me $49 and apparently did not fix the problem since I had to return a week later with the same problem. After paying $3500 for these, I would expect better quality and certainly better service. At this time, I would not recommend Zounds to anyone needing hearing aids.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

I just received word from Nicole that she saw you last week and fitted you with our new Torza 24 channel hearing aid system. I apologize for the issues you had in getting your current aids repaired. I hope that you will enjoy these new hearing aids and that the upgrade will compensate your for any frustration that you felt. As you can see, we have new staff at the Mesa location, and you can depend upon them to ensure that your are well taken care of going forward.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My dad see the Zounds sign and thought, "Let's go there." We purchased the rechargeable ones and he had an awful time getting them in. We couldn't return but the guy made different style ones. One year later the wires on the left side came apart. Then after no notice the stores in all of Wisconsin closed?? I sent it to AZ and it cost me $54 to fix it. Only to find out they put it together the wrong way. So now his right side just squeals. And today I get a call after 2 msgs and emails sent that they are short staffed. After all was said he will not get them back for 2 more weeks!! Very frustrating for my dad and his family to have him not hear anything while he lives alone. I am the only child and I do my very best and I had to even hire a CNA to visit him to make sure all is good on days I work and have duties with my sons. Please check around at other places, I didn't and wish I did.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

I am really glad that we were able to resolve your Dad's hearing aid issue and hope that he is enjoying good hearing. Again, I want to apologize for your frustrating situation, it was out of the norm for us. We cannot help that your local franchisee sold/closed his stores. What we can do is provide your dad with excellent customer service going forward. Do contact us if we can be of assistance in the future. Best wishes to you and your dad.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

On Nov. 1, 2017, I purchased a pair of Vizara hearing aids, with the stipulation that I could get a refund, during a thirty day trial period. Well, after using them four days, I decided that I didn't like them because the tone quality was bad. I took them back to the store for the refund and was told by the store manager that they require eleven days for the trial. I went along with that, but after the eleven days, I still didn't like them, so I took them back to the store for the refund, but then I was told that I needed an appointment to get the refund, but since I was already there, I knew I was being taken for a ride. Finally, I had enough, so I put in a dispute against Zounds with my bank, which issued me a provisional refund which would resolve the issue in 45 days, but after 62 days, no decision has been made. I would advise everyone to stay away from the Sun City, AZ store because they can't be trusted.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have read that some people are frustrated with Zounds since a number of Zounds stores have closed and customer service with Zounds has been not as convenient as expected and in some cases unsatisfactory. I live in Oklahoma and my local Zounds store closed. I needed my hearing aids cleaned and batteries replaced. I was told to contact the Chandler AZ service center for help, which I did.

I sent the hearing aids to the service center and received them by registered FedEx in only 8 days. Zounds cleaned them and replaced batteries, tested them for proper operation and replaced a couple of minor pieces, and sent a paper explaining what they had done and the results of the testing - all at no charge. My hearing aids work like new again. I was very nervous about mailing them away after reading some of the complaints. But my experience has been a very good one. Thank you Zounds!

Hello John,

Thank you for your review of our Zounds Customer Care department. Supporting our wearers, no matter where they purchased their Zounds hearing aids, is a priority for us.

As you stated, sending your aids in for repair seemed a little scary, but most companies use a central repair location. Generally, it is the audiologist or hearing center that mails them for you, so you don't really think about it. We have been able to support our customers from all over the world in this manner.

I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with the service you received. Thank you again for commenting on it.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have only had my hearing aids for a year. I could only get batteries from the Zounds location. They never even informed me of the closing of their store. Now I cannot get batteries from any other hearing aid facility. I know that their headquarters is in Tempe, AZ. But have tried to call them and get no answer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Back around Feb. of 2016 my son in law & his brother got me these hearing aids... I could now hear great. But within a years ZOUNDS close down all stores here in Michigan. Now when they don't work I have to mail it to their main branch in Chandler, Az. But they never seem to work like before. They go out within 6 months. When this happen in Michigan I would take it to them & I notice they were using a machine to give it higher sound... but now it just doesn't have that high sound. When I charge it at night should I leave the hearing aids on off? Or does it matter. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Somebody told me about Zounds and I got middle priced hearing aids from them. I have it for three months now and it is better than the old ones I had. I like the product and it has helped me a lot. But if I move a certain way, it falls off my ear. Also, sometimes I don't get it right when I adjust with the remote control. I'd go visit Zounds again and discuss with them. A lot of the stuff that I'm having and dealing with is probably just me getting used to the hearing aid. But I've talked to somebody and we've gotten most of the issues straightened out. Other than that, Zounds is very nice and they are easy to talk to. I'm happy with them and I would recommend them to somebody.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I got The Clareza hearing aid from Zounds a couple of years ago and they gave me the best price for it. I dealt with Dan, but their employees were very helpful. Anytime I had a problem with it, they gave an immediate attention and they all have the warranty. I had a few problems with my left ear and it took a little while to resolve it, but they were very good about it. When I need to hear something special, I can always turn it up and turn it down if I don’t. It filters out the background noise and does all around good stuff. Buying the hearing aid increased my hearing greatly and I have recommended them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I was diagnosed with profound hearing loss due to strong antibiotics to control pneumonia and sepsis in August 2017. I went into the Zounds Hearing Center located at 13074 Reason Ferry Road, Saint Louis, No. 63128. I was met by a very nice lady. ** is the office manager. We tried three different hearing Aids to no avail. We couldn't get the tinny sound better. It's not the product that failed, it's how damaged my hearing is. The ENT doctor that I went to after three rounds of steroid shots in the ears my hearing improved slightly.

The doctor said that the only way I will be able to hear is having the cochlear implant surgery. He felt hearing aids wouldn't help much. I would like to commend ** for her professionalism in handling my situation. She did everything possible for the aids to help with no luck. She didn't try to push me to purchase an aid. VERY PROFESSIONAL! If anyone reading this has the cochlear implant I would love if you could share your thoughts about it.

Mr. Anterio,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Zounds. We would loved to have helped you. My nephew has a cochlear implant. He received it as a young child and is now around 12 years old. He is doing fantastically well. You will have some period of adjustment, but your positive attitude will help you immensely. I wish you the absolute best!

LaWana Thomasson

V.P. of Marketing

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Purchased my hearing aids (order Number **) on 11/04/ 2015. On 01/10/2017 I received notice from my local Zounds Location that they were going out of business. In order to get service for reprogramming etc. I tried without success to contact by telephone the company HQ in Chandler Ariz. Wrote a letter on August 5, 2017 expressing my displeasure with customer support. Received NO Reply. Wrote an email to HQ on Sept. 3rd and did get a reply on Sept. 21st basically telling me to arrange for a local hearing test and then sending my devices to Arizona. No offer of shipping label with insurance coverage for $4000 worth of ENZA hearing Aids.

I have no confidence that I will get proper service when I am not at the service location to have them adjusted, as was the case when I purchased them. Have since learned of a number of bankruptcy proceedings throughout country. Zounds cannot/will not give me service I expected for buying high-end product. Believe I should get a refund as I received local support for barely 14 months. Complete run-around not even a name associated with Corporate response which basically placed all efforts to resolve on me. I have zero confidence that I would ever get a fully functional product.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

My old hearing aids were ReSound and they didn’t have the remote that I could adjust for the different hearing environments and the volume. It was pre-programmed for my hearing and it was supposed to automatically switch to whatever mode was best depending on the environment and that didn’t work so well. So, anytime I was in any noisy environment, my hearing was useless.

Then, I went to a Zounds office and discussed my hearing issues and my hearing aid history with a staff. He gave me the hearing test and fitted me with the pair. We also walked around the mall and he helped me find out and see what I thought of it. I realized how far superior the sound was compared to my old hearing aids. We went back inside and talked for a little bit about which model I would like, what the cost for the various models was and I ended up picking the Clareza which has eight channels. I would have liked to come with the 16 channels but I didn't have that kind of money to spend at that time and this was affordable.

Danny is absolutely marvelous and fabulous. I walked into the local office to pick up more tips for my earpieces and he remembered me. Also, it's the most comfortable hearing aid I've worn. This is my third set of hearing aids. I had the plastic in the ear ones at first and I absolutely hated those. Then, I switched to the ReSound behind the ears and they were better but by no means compared to the Zounds hearing aid. The only issue that we're still having is with being able to carry on a conversation in the car with the road noise. For some reason, no matter what hearing aid, the road noise in the car just resonates inside my head so, anytime we're in the car, it's short cryptic conversations with my wife. But other than that, they're very tremendous.

Now, it's not an issue going out to a restaurant and talking. I can adjust the hearing aids to put the environment and mute out the background noise. I tell everybody that talks to me about having hearing aids to go to Dan. Everything about my experience with Zounds had been fantastic and it's the best experience I've ever had.

Mr. Mann,

We are so happy to hear about your experience at our KOP store (you are right, Danny is amazing) and with your new Zounds hearing aids. Noise reduction in situations like busy restaurants is a technology we pride ourselves on and is covered by multiple U.S. patents. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I went into about the age of 89, saying I'll never put hearing aids on. Finally, somebody told me to go down to this guy who does a beautiful engineered hearing aid. I went to Costco and places like that, but wasn't pleased. On the other hand, Zounds is an outstanding company. I went with them for the good abilities and a six months check up free of charge, which if you have a problem, they will put it in. For example, from your hearing aid you put in your ear, on the outside it shows a little cable that runs to the curved one that goes in the back of your ear. The original hearing aids that I had was too light and they bend, so they made it heavier, and now it works perfectly.

The lovely lady at the front office was very knowledgeable about batteries, and the guys that are managing and the new manager of the facility are outstanding people. My hearing aid goes in easily. Many times I just use it on the left ear when I go out to see people, and it's quite an improvement. It's been an excellent experience overall.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

After two attempts with Zounds hearing aids some ten years apart I can state that while the hearing aid is fairly well made their upgrade to a rechargeable battery system is a costly blunder due to the design and materials used. The charging pocket's almost "V" shape design is a poor fit for the hearing aid and requires constant wiggling to make electrical charging contact. The contacts constantly corrode making charging difficult. The plastic charging pocket is made of fragile material and easily breaks while the three delicate ribbon style contacts just don't hold up over time. When they expect you to pay a couple of hundred bucks for an overpriced poorly made device it time to cry foul. This allegedly "fastest growing" company in its field (per their propaganda) while it closes offices in numerous states has lost its focus on quality while increasing its prices threefold. I can no longer recommend this company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a hearing problem and had a hearing test. Then, I was at my doctor’s office when Zounds was there for hearing test. I took the test and it was easy. It was the same as the one I had previously and that’s when I decided to get hearing aids from Zounds. Also, I read the publicity about the owner and him discovering it with his daughter who had a hearing loss so I was impressed with them all the way around. I got mine around 2008 and I went to a boutique of Superstition Springs. It was way out when I got my hearing aid.

I like them and their service. The staff was always super from the lady who tested me in my doctor’s office to when I got my hearing aids but I'm really impressed with Mark who I have gone to just recently. He was surprised that mine is still working. He was very good and there were also other things he gave me tips on. Also, I don’t have a really bad hearing problem but as I get older, it's getting worst so he changed something to give me a better sound.

I also struggle with putting the right hearing aid in and he explained how I have to go up and then back to the back of my ear and pop it in because it's a little different than my left ear. I've been thinking about getting a new one and what I'd like to do is get one that has a smaller piece over the ear. But Mark has been the best that’s helped me with the specialist over the years. Although they’ve all been good and I get battery replacements. My husband was also impressed and said that that’s who he thinks he's going to when he lost his hearing. I'm lost when I don’t wear my hearing aids to church when the priest gives the homily so, it has improved my life. Also, I like the remote and the battery charger. I'm very pleased with Zounds and that I have their hearing aids. They're very helpful and they know what they're doing and their product.

Dear Ms. Haugen,

Thank you for sharing your long term experience with Zounds! We still have customers wearing their original aids they purchased in 2007 and it is a source of pride to our engineers.

Mark is a fantastic hearing consultant and I am glad he was able to assist you with your most recent purchase. Thank you for being a long term, loyal Zounds customer!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I am a long time wearer of hearing aids (1986 to present). I first purchased your product about 1/1/2 years ago and have literally tried all of your aids finally settling on what I have. Once again I find the connecting wire broken. This will be the third set of wires since I purchased them. Today I called the dealer Brett in Asheville NC and was told they now cost $150 per side. The last set I purchased (by giving him cash) were $60 for the pair. When I talked to him about the cost he blamed you at Zounds HQ. I think maybe he was a little pissed at me because when I went in for a battery replacement he was unhappy that I didn't trade them in for one of his new brands (Siemens & ??).

When I purchased mine, I mistakenly felt I was dealing with a professional whom I could count on. I really thought I could count on four or five years with Zounds. At the additional and rising costs for UPKEEP that is very questionable. Needless to say, it would be quite difficult for me to recommend them to my friends. There are other problems but this is the main one.

Original review: June 23, 2017

My buddy was going in to get a hearing aid and I was thinking I needed one. I told him, "I'll go with you and maybe I'll get one, too." Zounds Hearing Aids’ staff were accommodating and very helpful. I walked in their office and Nicole, the one who assisted me, gave me a hearing aid to try. I got the most expensive model and I like that you don't have to charge the batteries of that hearing aid at all. I also like that there is a place, which is close where I can go to have the device checked out. I have a proper maintenance on my hearing aids. However, Zounds had to change offices several times. I’m retired, I watch a lot of television, and I socialize where we live and the hearing aid is working out good.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I chose Zounds Hearing Aids because of the combination of the service we received and the price which was a bit less expensive than the other hearing aids. One of the things is that after doing what we thought was a very thorough checking of our hearing, she let us wear this thing for about two weeks, to give them a try and that was very helpful. She also gave us very careful hearing tests. I went with the most expensive model that goes behind my ear. It improved my hearing and we've been very pleased with the service we've been given whenever we have a problem. I'd say I'm happy with my Zounds hearing aids. I'd like to make a suggestion, that there be more Zounds offices that are a little closer to home. When we first bought our Zounds Hearing Aids, the office was only about five minutes away and now we have to travel about 20 minutes to get service.

Hello Mrs. Pike.

We are so happy to hear that you are benefiting from your Zounds hearing aids. Thank you for taking the time to comment about our outstanding staff members. All are dedicated to providing exemplary customer service and we really appreciate them!

Original review: June 19, 2017

Zounds Hearing is a lot better compared to my previous hearing aids. I’m retired but it helps me a lot. I put them on and I can hear the different sounds and music, which my old one couldn’t do. Now, I can hear all my grandsons and know when there's people around me. Also, it's not uncomfortable at all. I can use the remote if I have to and I can plug it and let it charge overnight and don't have to replace the batteries. Their staff treat me great, answer questions, and do what they can to help. Also, the test they gave me was good.

Mr. Klofpfer,

Thank you so much for your comments. Within our company we say that we are not selling hearing aids, we are providing the opportunity for those with hearing loss to connect with loved ones. It is especially heartwarming and gratifying to hear about experiences with grandchildren. It is great to hear that you are enjoying the convenience of your rechargeable aids as well. Thank you also for the kind words for our staff.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I got the one with the foam, remote, charger and of course with the other accessories and it’s just a matter of getting those fit and everything. The experience was fine and I'm happy with those. They don't bother my ears. On the outside, I hear more and of course inside, the TV is a little lower. It has helped and it’s easy to use and comfortable.

The shop was fine but I think I could have been taken advantage of fairly easy if I had not paid attention. It's not illegal but maybe a little unethical as far as the ad was that you can try them for 30 days. When I went with them, the paper that I signed said they want a 30% charge to restock it if I didn't want it. The ad said that it was all completely free for 30 days and prior to that even it was kind of the same scenario. All of your forms to sign, those parts were all blank and they could write anything they wanted and I didn't particularly like that. The people during the test, everything was fine there.

Mr. Barton,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are really happy that you are happy with your hearing aids and that you are benefiting from them. We can assure you that no restocking fee would have been assessed if you had returned the hearing aids within the 30 days. This is against our corporate policy. The franchisee who owns the location you purchased your aids from is very ethical and does not charge a restocking fee.

Thank you again for your comments.

Zounds Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Zounds Hearing was founded by Sam Thomasson, an engineer and medical device developer who has a hearing-impaired daughter and wanted to improve on existing hearing aid technology for her and others with hearing loss. Zounds strives to create hearing aids for today’s world, compatible with cell phones, car communication systems and televisions. Zounds hearing aids are available throughout nearly all of the contiguous United States.

• Exclusive technology: Zounds offers hearing aids it has developed internally as well as exclusively licensed technology from Sam Thomasson’s former tech company, Acoustic Technologies, Inc. That means you can get products at Zounds that are not available elsewhere.

• Free hearing exams: You can visit a Zounds Hearing Center for a hearing assessment with a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Even if you decide you don’t need or want to purchase anything, the assessment is always free, and you can come back for follow-up assessments if your situation changes.

• Product selection: Zounds makes several hearing aid models, so buyers can choose the one best suited for them. The Imprezo is a fully-equipped model that comes with noise cancellation technology and is ideal for those with moderate to severe hearing loss. The Arenz is a small, powerful model that is equipped with Tinnitus Waveform to help those who experience tinnitus. The Prezia model offers many programmable channels for different listening environments.

• GlobalEnergy charging system: Several of Zounds’ hearing aid models run on a rechargeable battery system. Unlike other types of hearing aids, you will never need to buy a battery again. Instead, you can recharge your hearing aids and remote control each night and they will hold a charge for 18 hours. The rechargeable batteries last the life of your hearing aids.

• Convenience: Zounds is one of the United States’ fastest-growing hearing aid companies. There are currently over 200 franchise locations in more than 30 states. Use Zounds’ website to find a location near you.

• Best for: people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and aging listeners.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information