It's that easy Request Information
4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zounds offers a wide variety of hearing aids at affordable rates. Although physical locations are limited, they're still a great choice, especially for those with profound hearing loss.

PROS

• Affordable options
  • Remote control with each hearing aid
  • Wider selection than most hearing aids brands

CONS

• Not enough locations for one-on-one help

Top Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

02/23/2019

My mother has hearing loss and has had Zounds for six years now. The hearing aids have changed her life ... One of the top things that we really liked about the hearing aids is that you just put them in the cradle every night to recharge them. They also had a really good, fair price.

03/08/2019

The hearing aids are working really well. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Zounds hearing aids

Hearing aids by Zounds stand out most of all because of their affordability. Zounds offers a 30-day trial for their hearing aids — if you are unsatisfied with your hearing aid in that time, you can return it for your money back. Each Zounds hearing aid also comes with a 3-year protection plan.

Zounds hearing aids come with remote controls, so changing the settings is easy. A large number of Zounds hearing aids are rechargeable and come with a charging station. Zounds is a fairly new name in the hearing aid industry, so it might be harder to find a Zounds location near you.

Zounds hearing aid models

• Vizara: The Vizara is a receiver-in-canal model. Vizara has 16 channels and Noise Cancellation2 technology for clearer and more focused hearing in everyday environments.
  • Riazo: Although the Riazo may be simple, it’s one of the cheapest hearing aids available. It has entry-level pricing and only four channels, however, it is not rechargeable and does not come with a remote control or docking station. A Zounds associate will program this model, and you’ll have to go back to them to have it adjusted.
  • Trezio: Trezio can offer up to 32 channels. The Trezio is rechargeable and has an incredible 24-hour charge. The charging dock can fit into any USB port.
  • Arenz: The Arenz can provide up to 32 programmable channels. Dual microphones and Noise Cancellation3 are other prominent features. WaveForm technology helps lessen the negative effects of tinnitus.
  • Prezia: The Prezia has dual microphones for better sound quality. The ZActiveLife feature helps reduce noise from wind. Up to 32 channels are available on the Prezia.
  • Imprezo: Four of the Imprezo’s programs include Quiet mode, Music mode, Party mode and Dining mode. The Imprezo is rechargeable for up to 20 hours after resting in the charger for 8 hours.
  • Clareza: The rechargeable Clareza model also has four programs - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Clareza charge lasts for 16 hours.
  • Potenz: You’ll get the four programs mentioned above in the Potenz model as well - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Potenz is rechargeable and can last for 18 hours on an 8-hour charge.
  • Enza: The Enza is available in 3 different styles: completely-in-canal, in-the-canal or in-the-ear styles. These hearing aids have traditional batteries rather than rechargeable ones like many other Zounds hearing aids.
ModelHearing levelBatteryStyle / Best features
ClarezaModerate to severeRechargeableNoise Cancellation2 technology
PotenzSevere to profoundRechargeable18 hours on one charge
EnzaModerate to severeNon-rechargeableAvailable in 3 styles

Zounds hearing aid prices

The Zounds hearing center nearest you will have the most accurate list of prices for Zounds hearing aids. You can also contact Zounds through their website to find more information on Zounds hearing aid cost. Financing is available.

Zounds does not list prices for each of their hearing aids on their website, so we don’t have every Zounds hearing aid cost on the table below. Most of Zounds’ hearing aids fall in the range below, between $499 and $999.

ModelTechnology levelPrice
RiazoBasic$499 per hearing aid
PreziaIntermediate$799 per hearing aid
VizaraAdvanced$999 per hearing aid

How to buy Zounds hearing aids

To buy a Zounds hearing aid, you can either visit a Zounds location near you or shop online at Zounds’ website. Zounds has a location finder on their website so you can find the Zounds locations closest to you. Before you buy a hearing aid, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or certified ENT doctor. Zounds also offers a free hearing test. Even if you decide not to buy a Zounds hearing aid, they will not charge you for the hearing test.

Do we recommend Zounds hearing aids?

We recommend Zounds for their affordable and quality hearing aids. We wish they had more locations nationwide, but their free hearing tests and wide array of hearing aids make them a good option for frugal spenders who still want a hearing aid with the latest technology.

450 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was experiencing issues at home where I couldn’t hear the television unless I had it up really loud. But I didn’t go to any formal doctor for hearing testing until I went to Zounds. I have breakfast every Saturday morning and my partners told me about their positive experiences with the company. Their price sounded very reasonable too. The Zounds reception lady was exceptionally nice. If I was having any issues with my hearing aids, I could walk in there anytime that I was in the area. They'd immediately accept the fact that I had not made an appointment but that I had an issue with my hearing aids. They'd respond immediately and would take me in and do whatever was necessary to the hearing aids in order to bring them back to 100% performance.

The most important issue in acquiring hearing aids is that you should get rechargeable ones. The ones that I have are eight-channel, rechargeable hearing aids that go into a charging station at the end of every day. When I get up in the morning, I put them back in and they’re good for the day. I have not had any issues with batteries. My understanding from other people that do not have Zounds hearing aids is that their biggest anxiety comes as a result of the fact that they are continuously having to fool with their batteries which are very small and difficult to deal with.

Having used Zounds, the difference in my ability to hear has been night and day. I have a remote control that offers me several different settings. Depending upon the format of the area that I’m in, I can change the settings so that I could hear quite well. It has made a significant difference in my ability to communicate with people and their ability to communicate with me. Another thing is the Zounds hearing aids, relative to other hearing aids, are very inexpensive. Hearing aids, as a generality, seem to be priced very high. But Zounds hearing aids are very economical and a very good value for the price. I would recommend to any potential purchasers that Zounds is the right place to buy hearing aids.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to know that we could help you and your parents with better hearing.

The convenience of rechargeability is one of the things we are most proud of. Those non-rechargeable batteries seem to die at the worst times! I am also happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the different listening modes on your remote control - they really can make a difference as you move into different environments.

Lastly, thank you for the kind remarks for our staff. I will share them with the team at your local store.

Kind regards,

LaWana Thomasson

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty bad. My husband is soft-spoken and I could hardly ever hear him. And if people got very far away from me, I couldn't hear them either. It's been three or four years that I've been putting it off buying hearing aids and one of the reasons was price. But I liked the price of the hearing aids at Zounds so I decided to buy from them. I got the rechargeable model called the Torza24 and part of it is behind my ear then there's a part in my canal. The hearing aids were on sale at the time and had the best price, so I chose them.

I couldn't be happier with my hearing aids. At the time, I had been to Zounds for a hearing test but I had gotten sick with valley fever, so I didn't follow up with Zounds. I was getting ready to purchase another one but I got a call from Sarah, the rep from Zounds, the evening before I was to go pick up hearing aids at another place, which were gonna cost almost $2000 more. And they weren't even rechargeable ones, plus they didn't have a remote. So, I was thrilled with the hearing aids I got from Zounds. I have arthritis in my hands and those little batteries sometimes are almost impossible to get. They're hard to deal with.

I'm having wonderful luck and I hear good with my hearing aids. But I have really small ears and sometimes, the big part behind my ear doesn't wanna stay because my ears don't cover all of it. But I don't mind. As far as seeing it, you can't because my ear covers it. My hearing aids also has several channels and the remote control where you have options to make the sound louder or in party, dining, and quiet mode. But someday, I'll get the kind that doesn't have anything on the back because the only thing I don't like with what I have now is you have to be extra careful combing your hair when you have it on. I pulled them out a few times with a comb, but I'm getting better at it.

The staff at Zounds are also wonderful. As a matter of fact, I got to call them back and get in there next week because I need a different tip on the left ear. My ears have been sore a couple of times and I think it's because the tip is too big. But that is not a problem. Zounds's reps have been great. I work with Sarah and she has been wonderful. Working with Zounds has helped me a lot because my husband was really getting irritated with me not hearing him. But now, he's not irritated as he was before. And there were a lot of stuff that I couldn't hear before but now I can. With Zounds, I guarantee that you'll be pleased with their service and you'll get so much better deals. So don't go to anybody else.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've had hearing aids for about eight years. I'm 88 years old and my hands have gone pretty bad, so I couldn't put the little batteries in very good and I got to a point where I wasn't wearing the hearing aids. I went and got rechargeables from Zounds and it was a heck of a lot better for me to have them ready to go. I also like the remote control that I can use to change the volume whenever I want to. The fact that I can adjust them is the best feature for me and that really makes the difference.

I really appreciated the service that Zounds give me and the way they are putting some together for me. Initially, the price of the hearing aids made me decide to buy from them over other companies. I purchased the model which cost $3,000 for the pair. When I talked to their rep, she told me that they make their own hearing aids so they don't have to bill the big price stuff on like most companies do. And I appreciate a company that stands behind their stuff. Also, I'm not a cranky old man, but I am a fuzzy man, and the staff at Zounds was very professional in dealing with me. They tested me very well and for me, it was a very good experience.

I've been going to this other one for 10 to 15 years and they were always kind of in a hurry. I didn't like that. When I go to a medical place, I don't wanna be rushed through. It just doesn't make sense. Other than that, I also like the little fact that my hearing aids are comfortable. But the unit is a little big behind my ear. Also, I've had a lot of cancer on my ears and my one ear is very sensitive to having something in there. But for going out and whatnot, I still wear the hearing aids and I'll get used to them. I've had them on these past three months and they're very good for where I am and what I'm doing. I also like the little beep when the unit goes in my ear. That tells me that it's working. It's a handy piece of equipment and when you get up in these years, it's nice to have something that works good.

All in all my Zounds hearing aids have improved my life. Having them helps a whole lot especially when I watch TV or when I'm talking to someone in a noisy restaurant. I had lunch with a old gal who's 93 and she and I were comparing our hearing aids. I told her I could hear her and that I hope she could hear me. She said I sounded weak, but I got a pretty strong voice. Still, I didn't wanna tell her that as I didn't wanna hurt her feelings. But I told her about Zounds. And for me, that's the best advertisement you can get. Zounds has a good product and I hope they expand.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I had a significant hearing loss. At that time, Zounds seemed anxious to get the hearing aids out to the customer and they were providing good service. Also, the price was good and compared with other hearing aids, Zounds was a lot better and they were hands down. I bought the Clareza, which is behind the ear. One hearing aid always seemed to have a low volume. I used the fob to turn it up and every now and then, I've got to do the same thing again. It seems to be losing volume.

Since it's been a while, Sarah she said we should do a whole hearing test and see how my hearing is. The high frequencies were off quite a bit. After they readjusted my present hearing aids, Sarah tried to convince me to buy a pair of the new ones, which had 32 channels. Mine had 16 channels. I told her I didn't wanna buy something if I don’t know if I'd like it or not. She said I could turn it back in within 30 days. I said I didn't think so and asked if they had any that had been turned in that I could use as a loan. She did and borrowed them for a week.

Sarah said they could fix it and she was right. She adjusted them to my profile. Even my wife said my hearing was really good because she never had to repeat. Everything is loud and clear to me. I made an offer because they can't resell them as new ones, but the company only wanted to give me $100 off on a new pair. I told them that didn't work. I've never seen used hearing aids being worth 95% of its value. I was disappointed there, but that’s life in the fast lane.

Zounds had an office close to our house and it was run terribly. The guy there wasn’t there as much as he should have been. They moved to a temporary facility about 20 miles from my house, and then they moved to a more permanent facility which was another couple of miles farther. However, when you walk in, it looks like they're there only temporarily. Everybody’s temporary. They have no freezer. They have a water cooler, a coffee maker and a display case with nothing in it. It looks like they don’t wanna spend the money to present themselves as a professional hearing company. In plain English, they wanna be very cheap about it. However, I thought they've gone beyond what they've been required to satisfy their customers.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello John, thank you for visiting our new Corporate location and for your review. I am glad Sara was able to help you improve your ability to hear. We have just recently moved into our permanent office and are still getting furnishings and decor delivered. We hope to have it completed soon.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My hearing started to go 10 years ago. I had hearing aids from Adobe Hearing, but I was not happy with them. With it, the hearing was not good and I could not hear people’s conversation when sitting in groups or in my bible study group. When my husband saw Zounds' ad in the paper, we decided to try them and be tested. I really like everything about my Zounds hearing aid, including the way it fits. It has the piece behind the ear and it has this little controller to turn things up or down. I can adjust it to my environment and the sound around me. It has a music, party, regular and dining mode feature and you can control the treble and bass with it too. But it is not really good in trying to cut out background noise, though everybody has trouble with that.

This Zounds hearing aid is my third set and although the cost is hefty, I am happy with what it does. Everybody at Zounds has been very good and I've had wonderful treatment, but I've had to change places 'cause the one little place that I’ve first gone to is not there anymore. Other than that, they have given good service and their hearing aids are working very well. Putting my hearing aids on is one of the things I do when I get up in the morning and start my day. And I have had friends tell me that I am the only one that they know that has put a set of hearing aid in and never complained. It gives me a quality of life that I wouldn't have without it and I’ve recommended them to people.

Dear Virginia,

We are happy to hear from such a long-term customer! Our staff at the Corporate location in Tucson is always there to assist you with any adjustments needed to refine your fitting as your hearing changes. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a discount on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes for your next pair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer - we sure appreciate it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I received my hearing aid in March 2019 and couldn’t be more satisfied. The hearing consultant made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. She went over all the information on how to use the different settings and made sure it was a good fit.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Getting ready to send in for a second time since April. When I purchased them, I was assured that I could service them locally. How can you service hearing aids without checking the customer. They just aren't working right. Would gladly take a refund. Am not happy.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I'm very disappointed with my Zounds hearing aid. I cannot hear real good with them. The girl said, “Well, you can hear 100% like you were if they were normal.” But I have so many problems with it. I tried to call that 800 number several times, and couldn't get through to them. The tip fell out of my earplug so I called last week, and they were very, very busy. I gotta wait a call tomorrow for an appointment.

Another thing, I had a cheap pair. But I bought the one for $5,000. This was the best one they had at the time. Then, Zounds came out with "if you turn those in and get the new ones, it'll cost you $2,000 more." I went for the $2,000. So I got $7,000 worth of hearing aids in my ear, and I told my husband I should have gone to another place. I'm very disappointed. I can't hear every word that is said. We were at our daughter's house yesterday, and I had the original hearing aids. I miss a lot of the conversation. I'm not too happy. If the people there were not so nice as they are, I would have gone to Channel 3 and complained. But these people are so nice and friendly.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My hearing was about 40% gone. We live right down the street from Zounds' location next to a Safeway store that we frequent. The people at Zounds' were very informative. The rep whom I worked with did a marvelous job at explaining everything. He helped me pick out the right pair of hearing aids. I got the ones that are rechargeable which were on sale for 1,000 bucks apiece. I was extremely happy with what he did.

The price was attractive. Previously, I had gone to another place and they wanted $5,000 for two hearing aids. That was extremely more than what I wanted to spend. According to my rep at Zounds, the model of hearing aid I got would work very well for my hearing loss with the way it is. Thus far, I've been very happy with them. He fitted me very well with the hearing aids. Overall, my experience with Zounds has been very good.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My Zounds Hearing Aids is working okay. It’s dependable and helpful. Before, my hearing loss was very poor. I can enjoy life more now that I can hear better. The conversations are clearer. However, it would be helpful if they lower the cost of it. It's a little high.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information