toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

I have 2 Zounds hearing aids and they perform well when they work. One broke and they wanted $500 to repair it so I replaced instead. The wire links from the aid to the microphone in the ear is very flimsy and I found out it is not covered under the warranty. Two of these links have broken in different ways, the edge that holds it in place broke off so I replaced it at $50. The wire pulled out of the replacement in 3 months and I have to buy it online since the stores in New England have all closed. They want to charge $10 shipping for this little, overpriced piece of junk. They refused to drop it in a USPS envelope. Also, the battery holder on the other aid broke but I can still use it at least. I wouldn't recommend them.

$3000.00 hearing aids. As in 9 out of 10 of the reviews by dissatisfied customers on this site, two major complaints emerged: poor quality product and closed offices. Office in Charlotte NC closed and Mr. ** was not replaced; Asheville (2 hours away) -- the closest place with a technician. The final insult: no responses to calls, letters, or visits to the office or website in Tempe, AZ when email, phone numbers, and address are provided. Explanation?

I have had the hearing aids for 3 years and very satisfied with them. They closed all of the locations in Michigan with no notice. When I called to ask about service for hearing aids and remote they were clueless and would refer me to corporate by way of email, which would take a week for a reply. I asked about service on my remote and was initially told to buy new one. I was under impression THEY had to program it for me. So any suggestions on what to do? I was able to find a website that allowed me to program remote through my cell phone. But, for future service I am not going to travel to Arizona.

Since 2/13/2013 I have had nothing but trouble with my aids. The last time I took them in was 11/10/2016 when they said I needed a new aid for my right ear. I paid them $500 and $99 dollars for insurance. They still did not make my hearing better. In fact now they do not work at all. The green light is on but nothing happens. Not even the bugle sound on either ear. I feel I should get my money back. I paid $1900.00 in the beginning. I would never recommend Zounds Hearing aids.

What a piece of crap, $2500 down the drain. Then they close all Indiana stores on top of that. I should of went with my gut on this, when I went into Zounds and then went to my appointments there was never no customers in there. That was a red flag to me and I ask them if there was enough business to stay in business. Shame on me for believing in this company and for not backing what they say they will do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

When I first got my hearing aids, I thought they were great. They made a big difference. After a few months I needed service. I was able to go to the Fishers, IN office where I bought them and they took care of me. A couple months later I needed some more service and that office had closed. I was still able to get them serviced by going to Carmel, IN. In May of this year they re-opened the Fishers office and when I went to get service again, I bought a 3 year warranty. Shortly after, all Indiana offices were closed and I had to send my aids to Corporate in Arizona. They repaired them in a timely manner. No problem.

Now I needed service again. Still no office open in Indiana. Sent the hearing aids in and they called me saying besides replacing the batteries and adjusting the settings, each one had 1 bad microphone of the 2 in each hearing aid. They wanted $300 per aid to fix. I told them about my 3 year warranty. They claim there is a deductible which is not stated in my paperwork. Sorry, I'm so long winded. They don't answer their phone. You leave a message and don't hear back. I have left 3 messages. Have not heard back.

I cannot say enough about the Zounds product and office in Seal Beach, CA. I am former military and retired law enforcement. After dealing with impaired hearing for many years, I decided to get hearing aids. Randy and John were extremely helpful and professional through the process of the hearing test, hearing aid type/style selection and follow up office visits. I decided on the Enza model because I still train military/law enforcement personnel in hand to hand combat/defensive tactics and firearms training. I have never had them fall out or malfunction. On a side note, the Zounds built in shock sound suppression is extremely effective. I can stand on firing line and use power tools without the use of ear protection. Great product and great shop.

My local Zounds retail store where I always went for repairs and maintenance closed so I was forced to deal with Corporate in Arizona. I had a problem with the remote control and volume so I sent it to Corporate as instructed and had it returned - supposedly repaired. A few months later the same problem arose and I have called and emailed them several times in the past month with no response. I am left with $2000 hearing aids that don't work without recourse except to repair it myself and an additional cost.

I purchased hearing aids from Zounds on 2/29/16 and was advised by them that I could return them if I was not completely satisfied. I had an appointment with them on 3/21/16 at which time I was going to return their faulty hearing aids, however my wife passed away 3/17/16 and her funeral was 3/21/16, which made it impossible to keep the appointment. My daughter made a new appointment for me with Zounds during all of the confusion and heartbreak. The new appointment was past the 30 day period so I was informed by Zounds that I could not return the hearing aids regardless of the circumstances. I have written several times to Zounds Home Office and have always been given a run-a-round (I began writing them in April 2016). These hearing aids were financed thru Care Credit, whom I have contacted several times but their response is that they are just a billing service.

They asked Zounds to respond to my complaints and were given nothing but untruths. Zounds told the credit card company they had never known I wanted to return the hearing aids until 8/22/16. That is the date I returned the hearing aids to them and informed them that the hearing aids did not work for me! After not hearing from them for 2 weeks, I visited them and was told that the hearing aids were corroded and possibly damaged which would make them hard to resell (I find this hard to believe since I only used them for 3 or 4 weeks trying to make them work). These hearing aids do not work for me and I am at a loss as to where I can go for help to avoid paying $5198.00 for aids I don't have (I have even offered to let them keep the $1200.00. I have already paid the credit card company for their time & effort). In closing I would add that I am 76 years old and this the worst experience I have encountered in my life.

A few months ago I took my mother-in-law, who is 85 years old and deaf to a local Zounds Hearing Aid Center where she was fitted for a hearing aid. The hearing aid worked well, except the lifetime warranty on batteries doesn't work very well when all of the local stores have closed and you have to send the hearing aids to Tempe Arizona to be replaced within 3 weeks. She paid $5,000.00 for the hearing aids and now because of their lack of financial strength she is going to be without hearing for at least 3 weeks. Why would a company close all of their stores unless they are going broke? I want to get her money back and purchase hearing aids from a reputable company, but we are past the 30 day warranty period. I just want everyone to know to not go to a Zounds Hearing Aid place when and if they ever open another around Houston. Their closest store is somewhere past Dallas in Texas.

This hearing aid has made a big difference in my hearing. I hear things that I have never heard before. I even hear my own voice, which is quite amazing for me. I will surely treasure this experience for a long time.

This is my first hearing aid. I can hear sounds that you would not think of. Also the confidence they give me knowing I won't have to ask anyone to repeat what they said.

The Appleton Zounds office offers a 30 day trial for $400. We felt that was expensive for a test of their equipment, but agreed to give it a try, since we would not be gambling with the $3000 full price. They required I pay the $3000 up front, despite the "trial" that we wanted. We have never owned a hearing aid, so this was an unknown entity for us. The 30 day trial ended on a Saturday, a day that they are closed.

So I called first thing on Monday to say I wanted to return the equipment since I felt it was not giving me any real help with my hearing. I also stated that the constant "feedback" of their equipment was very annoying and was so loud my wife could hear it across the room. This was despite making multiple visits and reprogramming the computers in the hearing aids as well as changing the inside ear tips multiple times. The store manager/technician was not available and did not immediately return my call left with the receptionist on Monday.

However, she confirmed that she had passed my information on to him. Since the store is only open two days a week, we ended up waiting until the end of the week to visit the store. Upon arriving, he quickly stated that they would not take back the hearing aids and would not refund any portion of the money. I state that their aids were not helping my hearing and the feedback was incessant, just as I had said in my message.

Long story short, the local man did not have the "authority" to refund money. He also assured me the owner would not agree, but said he would have him call me. Well, that took another half week. The call was as predicted, flat "NO" on the refund. I feel their trial program is false advertising, very misleading, and just a hook to get you into their store and lock you into their product. The equipment cannot seem to be fixed to omit the feedback. It is not good product. The device now sit on my dresser, useless.

My mom purchased a Zounds Hearing Aids in Cary, NC. They were working out great until the local office went out of business. The nearest store is over 2 hours away in Charlotte and it is terribly inconvenient for her to go to the nearest store and given her elderly state, this is not realistic. When I contacted the Zounds main office, I was told I could mail them in and they would work on them. We mailed in the hearing aid and up to this point, there is no acknowledgment of receipt and information on how quickly they can get back to us with a replacement. We will see how quickly the company will respond but we are very unsatisfied with the customer support provided and will likely look elsewhere if this matter is not resolved quickly.

This company has been beyond unprofessional! I purchased 8 thousand dollar hearing aids which have been the worst hearing aids I have ever used. First month of use and they were already giving problems. The office I purchased from conveniently closed right after my purchase was completed. I drove 1 hour to get one of my hearing aid repaired. To my surprise they could not repair it on-site as they had promised and sent it out for repair at a repair shop. In the meantime I kept one hearing aid and I'm at 90% hearing loss. They promised a 2 week repair which became a 3, and 4, and 5, and 8, and 12 week repair. Nobody followed up.

The Zounds specialist had no idea where the hearing aid was and after more than 2 months they finally accepted they lost my hearing aid. At this point my other aid was having problems and they refused to refund stating refund have to go through a process of approval not understanding my hearing loss and how important having both hearing aids is. All we asked for was a refund so we can order another set with another company.

5 months later and no follow-ups from Zounds. I have called, and called, and called to get a follow-up on refund or lost hearing aid, and nobody knows anything, and one of their employees Rene from Corporate is the only one who can speak to me, and she refuses to give me another name or # of someone who I can speak to. She does not how to handle serious customer issues nor does she care to resolve them either! They were quick to take my money, lose my hearing aid, refuse a refund! And again, 5 months later I am only on one hearing aid which barely works!! This has affected my life, my job, my relationship with my family and friends, and they do not care! Please go elsewhere! This company is no good!

The hearing aids are excellent. The professional staff care is perfect. My only regret is that I did not come sooner. I have had experience with hearing aids and care providers before. There is no comparison. Zounds is much superior.

I convinced my mom to get Zounds Hearing Aids because of the rechargeable batteries. They were working out great until the local office went out of business. Now she has no way to get them serviced unless we drive to the nearest office 2+ hours away. When I contacted the Zounds main office, I was told I could mail them in and they would work on them. However, my mom would be without them for 2 1/2 weeks. It doesn't seem like they made any effort to get another local company to service them and have just left us out in the cold. I would not recommend buying these!!!

Zounds did a health fair at my church and I had a preliminary test there from the young man who owns the place. He said it would be good to come in and get an evaluation so I did because I knew I needed a hearing aid. I attend a class at Valparaiso University and oftentimes I couldn't hear all of the talks. Sometimes even at church, if the minister's speaking a little softer, I couldn't understand. Zounds hearing aids helped a lot so it's been great. Their reps have been excellent. I'm enjoying the hearing aids and have not had any trouble with them at all. I've recommended Zounds to friends. I've also talked to people who would say, "Are you getting along all right with them? Mine are at home in my chest of drawers." I say, "No, I wear them all the time. I've loved being able to hear."

My wife is one happy person now that I can hear her. I would recommend Zounds Hearing Aids to anyone that has hearing problems. I'm sure they will be a great help for anyone. I have tried them and has been satisfied with the overall experience. No doubt I gave them an excellent rating.

During the past 8 months we have purchased my parents hearing aids ($9000) from Zounds of NJ. One set is less than 3 months old. Zounds has since gone out of business and the closest remain store is 1.5 hours away and they are VERY reluctant to service customers that did not buy from them. We purchased insurance on the units which I have been advised are not honored by other stores, so I am not sure the value of it. At this time we have one unit that is completely dead, and I believe a second unit that is flaky. My mother's set has never been finished being calibrated.

Calling Zounds, get you a voice mail box and instructions to send ALL documentation, bills and history in a written format by snail mail to the Tempe office that does not answer phones. This is what Zounds considers service. We did find a live body at the Zounds office at 855-545-7208. DO NOT use option 1. If you use Option 2, you will likely get a human not that they will help. Again BUYER BEWARE.

I purchased the hearing aids at their Wilmington, NC location. They subsequently closed the office and directed me to Cary, NC for service. I called their Cary office and made an appointment, which was cancelled by the office the day before I was to be seen. I was told to call later for another appointment. In about a week, I called to make an appointment but was told the number was not in service. The very next day, I received a letter from the firm advising that they had closed their Cary office, but I could call their Charlotte office for an appointment.

I contacted their headquarters and said that the suggestion that I drive 4.5 hours to Charlotte was ridiculous. They apologized to me and said that that was all they could offer. I then said, "How about a refund or prorated refund?" I was told that was out of the question. Fast forward to June 25, 2016. I went to put my hearing aids in when the one for the left ear exploded, literally. I have called them 5 times over the past 2 days and left a message but no return call.

I have Zounds Hearing system for close to two months. I have medium hearing loss and now I can hear much better. People no longer have to talk loud to me. I'm satisfied with it and if I have a problem, they're always there and would help me.

My husband paid $5200 for a set of hearing aids that are essentially worthless due to the lack of poor service available to us in the West Michigan area. Repeated contacts to corporate office have achieved nothing! Do not waste your money.

In comparison to the hearing aids I had before, it's like comparing them to model T and the Zounds Hearing Aids to a Cadillac. The service here at this office is phenomenal. I highly recommend this guys.

I went to several brands and I wasn’t happy not by what they were showing me but they were trying to sell without having the information about my actual hearing. Zounds has been excellent and very professional. The sales and customer service team have all been good. The hearing aid works and it's great.

I look forward to wearing my new hearing aids as they are a real help to hearing and understanding what is being said. My old hearing aids don’t compare!

My mother-in-law was wanting to go over to Zounds. She made an appointment and I said "As long as I’d take you, I’ll make one, too." She ended up cancelling hers but I went anyway. I went through the 7-day trial and was very happy with it. I decided I would try another hearing aid and went to Miracle Ear. Although the hearing aids were very similar, the lady at Miracle Ear told me the batteries last 7 to 10 days but two days into it I’m changing batteries. They were also considerably more expensive for what to me seemed to be the same unit.

I liked the rechargeable feature that Zounds have. Also, the young lady who worked with me was very helpful and knew more about what we're going through since she also wears hearing aids. It made a big difference. The people at Zounds have been friendly, courteous, and helpful. I'm very happy with them. I may be taking my mother-in-law back eventually and see how she goes.

I’ve had hearing aids before but they all broke. So I needed some new ones but I couldn’t afford $5000. And so, when we saw the Zounds ad, we went there. And it was the best thing I ever did. We liked their price and the young man who interviewed us was just delightful. He told us everything we needed to know and sold us but he didn't try to hard-sell. It was a very pleasant and wonderful experience. I have already recommended them to several people.

They have made a great difference. Everyone says I hear better and not asking them to repeat what I say. Yes, I will recommend you to everyone I know!!!

My new hearing aids are awesome! I feel grateful every time I put them in. The service could not have been better. They have taken care of my every need (including losing them, breaking them, and drowning them!) cheerfully. The receptionists were very kind and patient and Bob took a lot of time with me... every time until they were perfect. I highly recommend this business and these hearing aids!!!

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Zounds Hearing was founded by Sam Thomasson, an engineer and medical device developer who has a hearing-impaired daughter and wanted to improve on existing hearing aid technology for her and others with hearing loss. Zounds strives to create hearing aids for today’s world, compatible with cell phones, car communication systems and televisions. Zounds hearing aids are available throughout nearly all of the contiguous United States.

• Exclusive technology: Zounds offers hearing aids it has developed internally as well as exclusively licensed technology from Sam Thomasson’s former tech company, Acoustic Technologies, Inc. That means you can get products at Zounds that are not available elsewhere.
  • Free hearing exams: You can visit a Zounds Hearing Center for a hearing assessment with a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Even if you decide you don’t need or want to purchase anything, the assessment is always free, and you can come back for follow-up assessments if your situation changes.
  • Product selection: Zounds makes several hearing aid models, so buyers can choose the one best suited for them. The Imprezo is a fully-equipped model that comes with noise cancellation technology and is ideal for those with moderate to severe hearing loss. The Arenz is a small, powerful model that is equipped with Tinnitus Waveform to help those who experience tinnitus. The Prezia model offers many programmable channels for different listening environments.
  • GlobalEnergy charging system: Several of Zounds’ hearing aid models run on a rechargeable battery system. Unlike other types of hearing aids, you will never need to buy a battery again. Instead, you can recharge your hearing aids and remote control each night and they will hold a charge for 18 hours. The rechargeable batteries last the life of your hearing aids.
  • Convenience: Zounds is one of the United States’ fastest-growing hearing aid companies. There are currently over 200 franchise locations in more than 30 states. Use Zounds’ website to find a location near you.
  • Best for people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and aging listeners.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Profile