It's that easy Request Information
4.16/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

413 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty bad. My husband is soft-spoken and I could hardly ever hear him. And if people got very far away from me, I couldn't hear them either. It's been three or four years that I've been putting it off buying hearing aids and one of the reasons was price. But I liked the price of the hearing aids at Zounds so I decided to buy from them. I got the rechargeable model called the Torza24 and part of it is behind my ear then there's a part in my canal. The hearing aids were on sale at the time and had the best price, so I chose them.

I couldn't be happier with my hearing aids. At the time, I had been to Zounds for a hearing test but I had gotten sick with valley fever, so I didn't follow up with Zounds. I was getting ready to purchase another one but I got a call from Sarah, the rep from Zounds, the evening before I was to go pick up hearing aids at another place, which were gonna cost almost $2000 more. And they weren't even rechargeable ones, plus they didn't have a remote. So, I was thrilled with the hearing aids I got from Zounds. I have arthritis in my hands and those little batteries sometimes are almost impossible to get. They're hard to deal with.

I'm having wonderful luck and I hear good with my hearing aids. But I have really small ears and sometimes, the big part behind my ear doesn't wanna stay because my ears don't cover all of it. But I don't mind. As far as seeing it, you can't because my ear covers it. My hearing aids also has several channels and the remote control where you have options to make the sound louder or in party, dining, and quiet mode. But someday, I'll get the kind that doesn't have anything on the back because the only thing I don't like with what I have now is you have to be extra careful combing your hair when you have it on. I pulled them out a few times with a comb, but I'm getting better at it.

The staff at Zounds are also wonderful. As a matter of fact, I got to call them back and get in there next week because I need a different tip on the left ear. My ears have been sore a couple of times and I think it's because the tip is too big. But that is not a problem. Zounds's reps have been great. I work with Sarah and she has been wonderful. Working with Zounds has helped me a lot because my husband was really getting irritated with me not hearing him. But now, he's not irritated as he was before. And there were a lot of stuff that I couldn't hear before but now I can. With Zounds, I guarantee that you'll be pleased with their service and you'll get so much better deals. So don't go to anybody else.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've had hearing aids for about eight years. I'm 88 years old and my hands have gone pretty bad, so I couldn't put the little batteries in very good and I got to a point where I wasn't wearing the hearing aids. I went and got rechargeables from Zounds and it was a heck of a lot better for me to have them ready to go. I also like the remote control that I can use to change the volume whenever I want to. The fact that I can adjust them is the best feature for me and that really makes the difference.

I really appreciated the service that Zounds give me and the way they are putting some together for me. Initially, the price of the hearing aids made me decide to buy from them over other companies. I purchased the model which cost $3,000 for the pair. When I talked to their rep, she told me that they make their own hearing aids so they don't have to bill the big price stuff on like most companies do. And I appreciate a company that stands behind their stuff. Also, I'm not a cranky old man, but I am a fuzzy man, and the staff at Zounds was very professional in dealing with me. They tested me very well and for me, it was a very good experience.

I've been going to this other one for 10 to 15 years and they were always kind of in a hurry. I didn't like that. When I go to a medical place, I don't wanna be rushed through. It just doesn't make sense. Other than that, I also like the little fact that my hearing aids are comfortable. But the unit is a little big behind my ear. Also, I've had a lot of cancer on my ears and my one ear is very sensitive to having something in there. But for going out and whatnot, I still wear the hearing aids and I'll get used to them. I've had them on these past three months and they're very good for where I am and what I'm doing. I also like the little beep when the unit goes in my ear. That tells me that it's working. It's a handy piece of equipment and when you get up in these years, it's nice to have something that works good.

All in all my Zounds hearing aids have improved my life. Having them helps a whole lot especially when I watch TV or when I'm talking to someone in a noisy restaurant. I had lunch with a old gal who's 93 and she and I were comparing our hearing aids. I told her I could hear her and that I hope she could hear me. She said I sounded weak, but I got a pretty strong voice. Still, I didn't wanna tell her that as I didn't wanna hurt her feelings. But I told her about Zounds. And for me, that's the best advertisement you can get. Zounds has a good product and I hope they expand.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchase my Imprezo aids at the Palos Heights, Ill store about 4 years ago. Initially, I was impressed with the care and professionalism of the company. Tried em out for the trial period and purchased the pair for around $4,000. About 6 months later, I asked for a refund. The sounds were muffled, not clear and I just wanted to give my ears a break. Tried calling the owner, but he/she was always out of town? This dragged on for a few more months. Still no reply back from the owner. I hired an attorney who took up the case. Today, the Palos Heights store is closed. The closest store is in Indiana. I have tried wearing them and recently had to the pay them $50 for a battery change. I drove out to Indiana. Today, my "aids" sit at home gathering dust. I want a full refund! Your franchisee ran off with my money as he kept stalling. It outlasted my warranty! Please contact me!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I’ve had a hearing loss since I was 7. Everybody wanted to stick me hearing aids all through my school years. There was just no way I was gonna do it. Zounds came to Tucson several years ago and they had representatives come out and I decided to try it simply because I can recharge the batteries. I worked with Sarah on the test and she was fantastic. She was a very caring person. She said that she had family that had hearing problems, so she understood what I was going through and she was in the business to help people. She spent a good hour with me and I was totally impressed with her. I told Sarah that hearing aids drive me absolutely crazy. I don't use them in a a conversational type setting because I've lived in a pretty quiet world most of my life, so these things just aggravate me because of the background noises. It just seems that the background noise is amplified no matter what you do.

I never saw the same Zounds people that I originally dealt with twice or if I did, it seemed that they were in a hurry to get over to the Grant Road office. But I couldn't be happier with anybody. I would definitely recommend Sarah. I’m on a very low fixed income, so I have to make these work and Sarah told me that I could call and come back if there was any problem. I am experiencing a muffled feeling with the voice situation, so I might have to go back in and have Sarah adjust them a little bit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've tried four or five Zounds hearing aids and I have been 100% pleased. I got the one that has plastic earpieces and it's very good. But I have a little trouble holding on to it as I don't have any feelings in my two fingers and my thumb. Also, when it rains, I have to take them out 'cause they get wet with the speaker being on top. But other than that, I'm pleased with Zounds. It's expensive but the quality is fine. Also, the staff was pleasant. They did a super job during the testing and fitting and they took care of me. My hearing was very poor but since having the hearing aids, it has been good. I've enjoyed Zounds and I've told people how it worked and the luck I had with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I researched hearing aids from coast to coast and I was impressed by the fellow that invented these Zounds hearing aids for his daughter who was very hard of hearing. I also liked the rechargeability of their product, which is a great advantage for older people. I’m 88 years old and when you hit that age, you don’t wanna mess with batteries. Even if the batteries are free, it is irrelevant. If you drop these tiny little things on the ground, you can’t find them.

I’ve been a Zounds wearer for eight years now. My hearing had deteriorated further and I just went in and upgraded to a newer model. I liked the price and availability. You could go from a 16 to a 24 channel for a set of only four bucks over the new 16 channel. Their staff was excellent as well. They were originally a franchise staff and they were very helpful. I was very impressed with the exams that they gave you and how each Zounds earpiece left and right were individually coated for your frequency hearing loss. I’m very happy with Zounds.

Hearing loss is a very individual thing. Some people will get the exact same hearing aids and they’ll say they don’t like it for whatever reason. For me, I just put them in and leave them there. They’re very comfortable and they work fine. And I like the style and the remote capability. I also like the fact that the charger is universal, so no matter where I travel around Europe or in Asia, I just plug it and it works just fine. Also, since the Zounds now here in Tucson is selling direct from the manufacturer and no longer going through a franchise holder, the prices are very competitive and the quality is very high. I told many friends and several friends to purchase from Zounds.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I was dealing with a partial hearing loss and a lady that I live with told us about Zounds when it first came to Tucson. I was impressed with the hearing aids so I went there. Their staff was very nice, and the testing and fitting process went very well. I ended up with a behind-the-ear hearing aid and there is something in the canal. In terms of the cost compared to the quality of my hearing aid, it was very reasonable. My son has hearing aids also for several years, and he along with my daughter went with me. He told his brother when we came home that my Zounds hearing aids were twice as good as his and half the expense. It's been a good experience and I recommend Zounds.

Dear Marion,

Thank you for your review of our Tucson location. It is great to hear that you had a good experience. Please thank your friend for sending you our way!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and I’ve been using hearing aids for about 15 years. I liked the quality of the hearing aid from Zounds so I bought from them. Its features are pretty good but I changed to a different Zounds company a few months back because I wasn’t happy with one of the new guys at my old Zounds company. Other than that, their hearing aid is pretty cheap but has a good quality.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to count you as a customer at our Corporate location in Tucson. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I had been wearing hearing aids for a couple of years when a friend of mine referred me to Zounds. She said how much she liked them so I went down there. I liked the idea that I didn’t have to change batteries and that they were rechargeable. I’ve had the hearing aids for about six years now and they're gonna have to be replaced soon because the life of hearing aids is not forever. Sometimes they work better than other times. But the best thing is that the service part of Zounds has always been excellent.

I did the fitting when Zounds was down on Graham. But they had an office up on Magee, which was close to me, so I moved to that office. Then something screwy went on with that office. They still continued to service my hearing aid for me but they apparently lost the franchise. So now I go to the place across the street, which is at Oracle and Magee, and they’re fine. They replace batteries, clean the hearing aids and check things for me. I’ve never had to pay for anything and I’ve been very satisfied. I have also recommended Zounds to friends of mine.

Dear Ms. Chilocott,

Thank you for your review of our Corporate location in Tucson. We opened last fall and are happy to provide service and support to our Tucson customers. It is also good to hear that you have had six years with your current aids. We are happy to provide you with service for them. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a special offer on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes.

All the best to you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I had a significant hearing loss. At that time, Zounds seemed anxious to get the hearing aids out to the customer and they were providing good service. Also, the price was good and compared with other hearing aids, Zounds was a lot better and they were hands down. I bought the Clareza, which is behind the ear. One hearing aid always seemed to have a low volume. I used the fob to turn it up and every now and then, I've got to do the same thing again. It seems to be losing volume.

Since it's been a while, Sarah she said we should do a whole hearing test and see how my hearing is. The high frequencies were off quite a bit. After they readjusted my present hearing aids, Sarah tried to convince me to buy a pair of the new ones, which had 32 channels. Mine had 16 channels. I told her I didn't wanna buy something if I don’t know if I'd like it or not. She said I could turn it back in within 30 days. I said I didn't think so and asked if they had any that had been turned in that I could use as a loan. She did and borrowed them for a week.

Sarah said they could fix it and she was right. She adjusted them to my profile. Even my wife said my hearing was really good because she never had to repeat. Everything is loud and clear to me. I made an offer because they can't resell them as new ones, but the company only wanted to give me $100 off on a new pair. I told them that didn't work. I've never seen used hearing aids being worth 95% of its value. I was disappointed there, but that’s life in the fast lane.

Zounds had an office close to our house and it was run terribly. The guy there wasn’t there as much as he should have been. They moved to a temporary facility about 20 miles from my house, and then they moved to a more permanent facility which was another couple of miles farther. However, when you walk in, it looks like they're there only temporarily. Everybody’s temporary. They have no freezer. They have a water cooler, a coffee maker and a display case with nothing in it. It looks like they don’t wanna spend the money to present themselves as a professional hearing company. In plain English, they wanna be very cheap about it. However, I thought they've gone beyond what they've been required to satisfy their customers.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello John, thank you for visiting our new Corporate location and for your review. I am glad Sara was able to help you improve your ability to hear. We have just recently moved into our permanent office and are still getting furnishings and decor delivered. We hope to have it completed soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

In 10-30-2015 my father-in-law Richard ** purchased a pair of Zounds hearing aids. Never could get them to working correctly. So I bought him a new pair from a Facebook ad. He now hears better for less money. If anyone that is connected to the Zounds Hearing Aids is reading this it would be nice to refund his money. If you are reputable company you will do the right thing. No questions asked.

Dear Mr. Ellison,

It has been almost three years since your father-in-law purchased his hearing aids. His full name was not included in your review, therefore I cannot look up his history. We offer aftercare for the life of the hearing aid and would be happy to assist him with refining his fitting, should he decide to come in for a consultation.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I had pretty severe hearing loss and after the staff at Zounds diagnosed my condition, she offered me the behind the ear hearing aids. It fits very well, and it's the second pair of hearing aids that I had and these are better than the others. Also, I had no problems making appointments with Zounds. I had very friendly and professional interactions with their staff.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My hearing started to go 10 years ago. I had hearing aids from Adobe Hearing, but I was not happy with them. With it, the hearing was not good and I could not hear people’s conversation when sitting in groups or in my bible study group. When my husband saw Zounds' ad in the paper, we decided to try them and be tested. I really like everything about my Zounds hearing aid, including the way it fits. It has the piece behind the ear and it has this little controller to turn things up or down. I can adjust it to my environment and the sound around me. It has a music, party, regular and dining mode feature and you can control the treble and bass with it too. But it is not really good in trying to cut out background noise, though everybody has trouble with that.

This Zounds hearing aid is my third set and although the cost is hefty, I am happy with what it does. Everybody at Zounds has been very good and I've had wonderful treatment, but I've had to change places 'cause the one little place that I’ve first gone to is not there anymore. Other than that, they have given good service and their hearing aids are working very well. Putting my hearing aids on is one of the things I do when I get up in the morning and start my day. And I have had friends tell me that I am the only one that they know that has put a set of hearing aid in and never complained. It gives me a quality of life that I wouldn't have without it and I’ve recommended them to people.

Dear Virginia,

We are happy to hear from such a long-term customer! Our staff at the Corporate location in Tucson is always there to assist you with any adjustments needed to refine your fitting as your hearing changes. Additionally, as a loyal Zounds customer you are eligible for a discount on upgraded hearing aids, when the time comes for your next pair.

Thank you for being a loyal customer - we sure appreciate it!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss. If I'm home and I take the hearing aids out. I can still hear the TV and I'd just have to turn it up a little louder than normal. Hearing conversation sometimes is difficult, however. I knew someone that works at Zounds. She was in the same church I'm in. Also, I knew that my pastor had also gotten Zounds, so that was where I went. I got the unit that cost about four grand. The handheld remote allows me to change from dining to other situations. It also allows me to turn it off completely down, as well as adjust the treble and bass.

The customer service at Zounds has been excellent, too. I had to go in one time to have them adjusted because I didn’t think they were working quite right, and what it turned out to be was one of them was clogged up with earwax. So, the rep showed me how to clean it and then gave me one of the tools that he uses to clean it. Now, I can take care of it myself. The people have always been really nice to be with. My hearing aids have impacted my life greatly. I can hear things now, and I can identify sounds. I'm happy to have them. Ironically, I run the sound system at my church and it's now easier to do that because I can hear what other people are hearing and what they should be hearing. I'm not asking everybody to repeat themselves anymore, which is always kind of embarrassing.

Dear David,

Thank you for your review of our hearing aids and service. It is great to hear that you are enjoying them. We are always here if you need adjustments or assistance with their maintenance.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My brother-in-law got hearing aids from Zounds and just raved about them. Although my hearing loss was bad, I waited until we moved here and went to Zounds because their location in Atlanta where we lived had closed. And I'm glad I did because Jean, the rep here, is amazing. She made that whole experience so much better. She's so patient and kind. All she deals with are the elderly and everybody loves her.

Jean spent a lot of time with me and my husband to understand everything. Before, nobody ever explained anything about my hearing loss. It means so much to me to have somebody that I can talk to about it and with Jean, you feel like you're not alone and just trying to figure things out. Also, the Zounds hearing aid is fantastic! We got the best model and we like all the benefits of it. I can hear people talking to me now and it's wonderful. I did not realize how much I was missing before. There's also an app that you can use to adjust the sound into different modes.

Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your new hearing aids as much as your brother-in-law has. Please thank him on our behalf for sending you to us. Your comments about Jean are also appreciated. She truly cares about her customers and does her best to provide the upmost in service. That fact that she is just naturally nice helps! Thank you again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty bad and I bought a Zounds Hearing Aid from this place and lost it. Then my wife bought me another one. It’s a piece that goes in and the other part hangs over the ear. The gal there is a very nice person and she knows what she's talking about. Three weeks ago, she did a test on me and now that they've changed over, I’m okay. The hearing aid from Zounds works pretty well and I'm sure it has made my wife happy.

Dear Charles,

Your review brought a smile to my face - wives are universally pretty happy when their husbands get hearing aids! It is great to hear that you are receiving a benefit from them. Thank you for coming in so our staff could refine your fitting - very important as your hearing changes with time.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had partial hearing loss. Before I went to Zounds, I had a full testing by somebody that had a complete test set-up and a full evaluation. So, the people at Zounds only did a minimal amount of testing to me and programmed the unit based on the tests I received. I got the hearing aid model that is behind the ear. The controls on the remote are easy to use and I can control my bass and treble. It works and I've been able to adjust it. Although, it's very difficult when in a noisy restaurant or a party setting that the hearing aid doesn't do that much. I have to eliminate the background speech and noise and I get rid of something that's part of a normal speech.

Nevertheless, the people at Zounds are good and cooperative. One time, they wanted to change the batteries and I felt that there was no need to change it. The batteries are rechargeable and they are all doing fine. Now, I can talk to people and I can hear the church service. I’m like a normal person and Zounds made it more enjoyable. I'm glad I bought these hearing aids.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have problems with high frequency when I'm in places where there is background noise. My mother recommended Zounds which was where she was getting her hearing aids from. Testing and fitting the hearing aid was a two-person operation and they got the job done. The main person went over everything with me and managed through many tests. She also fit me with the hearing aids and helped me adjust them. The other person did everything else.

I got the model that goes over the ear with a wire and it plugs into the ear with a little plastic. It tickles the earlobes a bit but it's not too bad. The fit is not perfect though and I'll have to get it adjusted. I'm constantly pushing it back up in the ear when I wear them. But my hearing is not that bad overall and I don't wear the hearing aids all the time. But they're very helpful when I do utilize them in a loud restaurant or a place where there's music in the background or a lot of people talking. I've also been back to Zounds twice. I went in once to get a battery. Then I also had a minor problem with one of the hearing aids and I had to send it out to be repaired. But they gave me a temporary pair, which I returned to them afterwards. Overall, the experience has been good and I would highly recommend Zounds.

Dear Randy,

Thank you for your review. Hearing in noisy settings is one the biggest issues for those with hearing loss. Sam and our team of engineers put great effort into developing technology that would eliminate up to 90% of background noise because we understand this. Thank you for commenting on our staff as well, they are committed to helping our customers get the most from their hearing aids and I will pass on your comments.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My girlfriend got her hearing aids from Zounds and then recommended the company to me. I got the rechargeable hearing aids that go over the ear. They were very expensive though. They were custom-made and I paid about $200 for it. But it was worth it because I was afraid I was gonna lose them. When I go out and I wanna see a stage show, I wear the hearing aids when the people are singing so I can hear it. And I make the hearing aids nice and loud. It's hard for me to hear the television though. Nonetheless, I would and I have recommended Zounds.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2018

I took my elderly mother to a Zounds because a friend referred me to them. She knew the owner and trusted her. Kelly performed the hearing test and promptly informed me she did indeed need hearings aid. $4000.00 later we had the aids but Kelly could never get them to fit in my mother’s ears properly. Fast forward 2 years later and they need receivers. They are junk. They wanted to charge $300.00 to repair them and couldn’t guarantee that they would last very long. I now have to purchase new hearing aids. Kelly works for Beltone now and she wanted me to buy the new hearing aids from her. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Never again. Do not buy Zounds or Beltone hearing aids! I just wish someone would have warned me.

Dear Dixie,

The hearing center you are reviewing is no longer a Zounds franchise location. The receivers you mention can be repaired at our Corporate facility in Chandler, Arizona. Replacements would cost you less than $50 per aid, not $300. We will also clean the aids and run a full diagnostic on them free of charge. We are happy to support your mom as a valued Zounds customer.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I've been using ZOUNDS for the last 15 years. I got the 20-channel one which was on sale then. I can hear better and I find them comfortable. Their reps treated me fairly but I did not find the company easy to deal with. I had a problem with the hearing aid and they told me that they couldn't fix them. They have rebuilt ones but to me, a rebuilt one is the one that doesn't have a problem and has been repaired. They wanted to sell me another hearing aid for $1000. I don't want to spend that amount so I'm gonna look for a different company.

Also, I went to see them about a week ago. They had a young lady in the office who could change batteries but she didn't know anything else because she told me that I had to come back and see someone the next day. It just made it hard for me to make two or three trips to get one thing done. Before, I would tell others to buy ZOUNDS. But now, not anymore. I thought it was a good product and reasonably priced. However, their products are reasonably priced when they're on sale but when they're not, the price is outrageous.

Original review: June 10, 2018

For quite a while, many people had told me to turn the TV down because I had it too loud. At Zounds, I worked with Sherry but she wasn’t certified yet so another girl took care of me and they were both excellent. I’m now on my second hearing aid. But I paid $999 for it and after I bought that one, Zounds came out with one that’s almost the same and it was either $400 or $600. That aside, I think the model’s great. I have the remote and I can now turn it up or down and change whenever I want. The best thing I like about it is I don’t have to buy batteries. When the batteries go bad, I take it in and Zounds puts a new battery in. But this model goes over the ear then I push it in and I have trouble getting it in. I have to wet the earpiece and then my ear inside before I can get it to go in. I’ve been fighting with that since I got the new one. But the lady at Zounds was very good about it. She tried a couple of different ones and it’s worked better.

Original review: June 9, 2018

All my kids weren’t going to buy me something for Christmas, but they said that I should take the money and buy myself some hearing aids instead, 'cause I wasn't gonna be able to watch my grandchildren until I got hearing aids. My hearing loss was bad before having the Zounds hearing aids. I was young when began to have hearing aids. I had a middle ear infection so that ruptured my eardrums. I tried this other firm and this other distributor but I was not successful with those hearing aids and I returned them since I had the 30-day trial period. Thereafter, my sister had read an article about Zounds and told me about it. The fact that their hearing aids could recharge themselves was enough to make me be interested in trying them. I used the Zounds hearing aids when I was in Pennsylvania.

Now, my hearing loss is in the 2nd phase so I needed a stronger power at hearing aids. And so, I have the Imprezo 20P, which was from 2012 and so they’re 6 years old. I'm very happy with the hearing aid’s features. The only thing that I have major complaints about is the fact that I had to move here in Florida, and all the places around, such as in Delray Beach in Boca, in Marco Island, in Naples and in Fort Myers, where I used to get services for my hearing, are closed now, which has been a problem. Now, they're only doing corporate stores.

Also, nobody else will service my hearing aids. If I go to another provider, such as Hear.com, and try getting them to assist me, they just tell me to call Zounds and mail the hearing aids back to them. I went to the store in Bensalem Neshaminy Mall and the girl there was wonderful, and so was the girl in Miami. Both of them were very thorough. The one on Miami has a sound booth in her office so she can do the testing right in her office.

I always had the testing process with some kind of a cup that goes in your ear. And this time, they put a more of a sponge type hearing thing, and it doesn't sound as muffled. It sounds a bit clearer than the other end that they were using. Another is that I was happy with the cost of Zounds’ hearing aids. When I first bought the first pair, they were $2,400 and that was with the charging station. The case was extra, but I was happy with that. Zounds has gone up in the years that I've worn them.

With the Zounds hearing aids, I am able to enjoy my grandchildren and feel more comfortable driving because I can hear horn sounds than people having conversations in the car. They're certain tricks that I learn along the way that are helpful. When I go to restaurants, I've learned over the years that I need to sit with my back against the wall so I don't pick up a lot of background noises. There is also a remote that can help with that as well. I have recommended Zounds to my aunt and mom and they have bought hearing aids from them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had a set of hearing aids about 10 years ago, and they were getting old. I was also having more difficulty hearing. I was impressed with the owner of Zounds and why he did it to help his hearing-impaired daughter. So, when I saw their advertisement, I called them up. I interacted with their rep, Jeanne, and I can't say enough good about her. She was fantastic, didn't pressure me, and explained everything very thoroughly. I went through the hearing test which I also had when I got my first hearing aid but I didn't have that explanation at that time. Jeanne was so good about that and I could see where I was and why I needed the better hearing aid.

And so, I bought the expensive hearing aids from them. Since I'm spending money, I might as well get the best. It cost a little more than half of what I paid for the other one but it's 50% better. Now, I have less trouble with wind noise. I got the behind-the-ear style and it's not as susceptible to that as the in-the-canal one that I had before. I can also hear music and conversation better. All in all, my experience with Zounds Hearing Aids was very good.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My hearing loss was minimal and I was not able to understand certain words. I went to Zounds to look for and buy a hearing aid. I bought the top brand that has the little thing that I adjust for different sounds when I put the hearing aids in both of my ears. The hearing aids are fine but I'm upset about its price. A couple of days after I got them, I saw an ad in the newspaper for something that cost a lot less than I what paid for my hearing aids. I paid around $3400 but on the ad I saw the price was $999 and it looked like the same thing. They were on sale but there was nothing I could do about that. But if I waited a couple of days, I would have gotten the hearing aids a lot cheaper. Other than that, I can hear what everybody is saying in the room with my Zounds hearing aids and now I have no problem at all if I go out to visit people. I would tell my friends to try them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have almost a full loss of hearing and at the time that I was looking for somebody, Zounds was the only one that available. I called them and they told me to go there. I got a model that was, at that time, the best thing for me. It has always been okay and all I have to do is go back there and change the batteries more often than before. In my next visit, they're gonna look at the modem to see if there's something wrong with it. I go over to Zounds any time when they're there which is usually on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. The staff are very nice, they take care of me when I have a problem and I thank them for it. I'm very satisfied.

During the testing and fitting of the hearing aid, I was in a booth like everybody else. The staff did the best they could to base off my problem. I like the hearing aid when I'm by myself like when I watch TV. But when I have company, it's hard to pick up their voices from the hearing aid. The hearing aid should be better than what I got but I have a deaf ear and there's nothing I can do when I can't afford high new technologies out of my line. Their staff said it would cost about $3000 to $5000 a piece. I’m retired so I have to live with what I got.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My husband and I had a very caring and professional personnel do the testing and fitting for the Zounds hearing aid. We were very happy with the girl that did it. We had it done a couple of years ago at the same place and by somebody else. But this girl seemed more thorough as she told me us more things about it. We really appreciated all that she told us. She was very pleasant and nice to work with. It also wasn't too much for her to answer our questions.

We paid $3,000 for the hearing aids. We're retired and we are on a very tight fixed income so that's all we could really afford. My husband's other pair of hearing aids was four years old and was really bad. He could not hear with them. But these new ones had made a tremendous difference. My daughter comes every week with her children really noticed the difference. I would recommend Zounds if that's something that people wanna go for. We were very happy with the service and happy with them now. For what we paid, we're doing very well with them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We were in our winter home with my two sons and we drove by and saw Zounds. It sounded pretty good to me so I walked in then walked out two hours later with the hearing aid. Their staff was amazing and the product was outstanding. John was in charge of the staff and his personnel was exemplary. I got a birthday card from the staff and they all thanked me for shopping and for participating. They considered me part of the family so I was impressed. Their service was outstanding as well.

I live in a remote area in North Dakota and the hearing aid is not readily available everywhere. One time, I lost one of the hearing aids and it was replaced after I paid the deposit on it. I would send stuff in for repair and the people there would have a turnaround day instead of having to wait six to eight weeks or sometimes they would put it in the first priority mailing. And they have it in two days and I have it back in a week. Another thing that impressed me the most was when I went in there to have my check. The nearest Zounds is in the Minneapolis area about 400 miles and when I went in, I wanted to have my batteries change in my hearing aids. A technician, Sara, was there at the office in Tucson. She was very capable and very persuasive. Then the next thing I know they told me that I'll get a bill of their new hearing aid and the aids were the new top of the line with 32 channels. They gave me an exemplary price on it that I couldn't say no. So, I applaud that.

I have never been more pleased and satisfied. I could hear my wife washing dishes across the room but before that, she'd say, "What did you say?" or, "What did you think I said?" because I couldn't hear her. Zounds has been an absolute change in my lifestyle. I can hear my grandkids, even if we have a bird haven and we can sit in the evening and listen to birds singing. The product itself is the best on the market and from what I have seen.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a partial hearing loss and a friend of mine recommended Zounds. I got the one that gets over the ear and when I put them in, sometimes I can hear and sometimes I can’t. Also, I don’t feel too comfortable with it and the canal gets sore. But their staff is fine and I had no problem with them.

Hello Mr. Minder,

I cannot reach you by email, so I am going to ask the staff at your local office to call you about your fitting. They will be happy to fine tune your programming and assist make sure you have a comfortable fit.

Kind regards,

LaWana Thomasson

Original review: May 26, 2018

I knew my hearing was bad because for years and years, it affected my performance at my job, my life, and in watching television. The rep from Zounds, Danny, suggested that I get the Riazo model for my hearing. Price point, it was 2600 bucks, but I went with his suggestion. It changed my life and I love it. When I put it in its charger, it recharges. Plus, I've got a remote where I can raise the volume and lower it if I choose to. I can also turn it on and off at night when I put it in and I can put it in my ear then hit the "on" switch and it gives me that little 'tudoo' sound to let me know that it's on.

Recently, the hearing aid wasn't working. I called them in advance and asked when I could get in, then Danny asked what time I wanted to on Tuesday. So, I went to see him two weeks ago and he replaced the batteries as well as the hearing bud that goes in my ear to make it more comfortable. He's an absolute pleasure to deal with and very professional. If everybody in retail was like him, everybody would be doing business.

Zounds Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Zounds Hearing was founded by Sam Thomasson, an engineer and medical device developer who has a hearing-impaired daughter and wanted to improve on existing hearing aid technology for her and others with hearing loss. Zounds strives to create hearing aids for today’s world, compatible with cell phones, car communication systems and televisions. Zounds hearing aids are available throughout nearly all of the contiguous United States.

• Exclusive technology: Zounds offers hearing aids it has developed internally as well as exclusively licensed technology from Sam Thomasson’s former tech company, Acoustic Technologies, Inc. That means you can get products at Zounds that are not available elsewhere.

• Free hearing exams: You can visit a Zounds Hearing Center for a hearing assessment with a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Even if you decide you don’t need or want to purchase anything, the assessment is always free, and you can come back for follow-up assessments if your situation changes.

• Product selection: Zounds makes several hearing aid models, so buyers can choose the one best suited for them. The Imprezo is a fully-equipped model that comes with noise cancellation technology and is ideal for those with moderate to severe hearing loss. The Arenz is a small, powerful model that is equipped with Tinnitus Waveform to help those who experience tinnitus. The Prezia model offers many programmable channels for different listening environments.

• GlobalEnergy charging system: Several of Zounds’ hearing aid models run on a rechargeable battery system. Unlike other types of hearing aids, you will never need to buy a battery again. Instead, you can recharge your hearing aids and remote control each night and they will hold a charge for 18 hours. The rechargeable batteries last the life of your hearing aids.

• Convenience: Zounds is one of the United States’ fastest-growing hearing aid companies. There are currently over 200 franchise locations in more than 30 states. Use Zounds’ website to find a location near you.

• Best for: people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and aging listeners.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information