It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Zounds offers a wide variety of hearing aids at affordable rates. Although physical locations are limited, they're still a great choice, especially for those with profound hearing loss.

PROS

• Affordable options
  • Remote control with each hearing aid
  • Wider selection than most hearing aids brands

CONS

• Not enough locations for one-on-one help

Top Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

My mother has hearing loss and has had Zounds for six years now. The hearing aids have changed her life ... One of the top things that we really liked about the hearing aids is that you just put them in the cradle every night to recharge them. They also had a really good, fair price.

The hearing aids are working really well. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Zounds hearing aids

Hearing aids by Zounds stand out most of all because of their affordability. Zounds offers a 30-day trial for their hearing aids — if you are unsatisfied with your hearing aid in that time, you can return it for your money back. Each Zounds hearing aid also comes with a 3-year protection plan.

Zounds hearing aids come with remote controls, so changing the settings is easy. A large number of Zounds hearing aids are rechargeable and come with a charging station. Zounds is a fairly new name in the hearing aid industry, so it might be harder to find a Zounds location near you.

Zounds hearing aid models

• Vizara: The Vizara is a receiver-in-canal model. Vizara has 16 channels and Noise Cancellation2 technology for clearer and more focused hearing in everyday environments.
  • Riazo: Although the Riazo may be simple, it’s one of the cheapest hearing aids available. It has entry-level pricing and only four channels, however, it is not rechargeable and does not come with a remote control or docking station. A Zounds associate will program this model, and you’ll have to go back to them to have it adjusted.
  • Trezio: Trezio can offer up to 32 channels. The Trezio is rechargeable and has an incredible 24-hour charge. The charging dock can fit into any USB port.
  • Arenz: The Arenz can provide up to 32 programmable channels. Dual microphones and Noise Cancellation3 are other prominent features. WaveForm technology helps lessen the negative effects of tinnitus.
  • Prezia: The Prezia has dual microphones for better sound quality. The ZActiveLife feature helps reduce noise from wind. Up to 32 channels are available on the Prezia.
  • Imprezo: Four of the Imprezo’s programs include Quiet mode, Music mode, Party mode and Dining mode. The Imprezo is rechargeable for up to 20 hours after resting in the charger for 8 hours.
  • Clareza: The rechargeable Clareza model also has four programs - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Clareza charge lasts for 16 hours.
  • Potenz: You’ll get the four programs mentioned above in the Potenz model as well - Quiet, Music, Party and Dining. The Potenz is rechargeable and can last for 18 hours on an 8-hour charge.
  • Enza: The Enza is available in 3 different styles: completely-in-canal, in-the-canal or in-the-ear styles. These hearing aids have traditional batteries rather than rechargeable ones like many other Zounds hearing aids.
ModelHearing levelBatteryStyle / Best features
ClarezaModerate to severeRechargeableNoise Cancellation2 technology
PotenzSevere to profoundRechargeable18 hours on one charge
EnzaModerate to severeNon-rechargeableAvailable in 3 styles

Zounds hearing aid prices

The Zounds hearing center nearest you will have the most accurate list of prices for Zounds hearing aids. You can also contact Zounds through their website to find more information on Zounds hearing aid cost. Financing is available.

Zounds does not list prices for each of their hearing aids on their website, so we don’t have every Zounds hearing aid cost on the table below. Most of Zounds’ hearing aids fall in the range below, between $499 and $999.

ModelTechnology levelPrice
RiazoBasic$499 per hearing aid
PreziaIntermediate$799 per hearing aid
VizaraAdvanced$999 per hearing aid

How to buy Zounds hearing aids

To buy a Zounds hearing aid, you can either visit a Zounds location near you or shop online at Zounds’ website. Zounds has a location finder on their website so you can find the Zounds locations closest to you. Before you buy a hearing aid, you will need to take a hearing test with an audiologist or certified ENT doctor. Zounds also offers a free hearing test. Even if you decide not to buy a Zounds hearing aid, they will not charge you for the hearing test.

Do we recommend Zounds hearing aids?

We recommend Zounds for their affordable and quality hearing aids. We wish they had more locations nationwide, but their free hearing tests and wide array of hearing aids make them a good option for frugal spenders who still want a hearing aid with the latest technology.

Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 8, 2019

My client had a stroke 14 years ago and I'm her caregiver. I drive her everywhere, with her worse ear closer to me as the driver, not realizing she couldn't hear a thing I was saying to her in the car. She was almost deaf in one ear and had moderate hearing loss in the other ear, so it was very hard having a conversation with her without screaming. She was missing out a lot in life, not hearing. But then she saw the Zounds ad in the paper and forced her daughter to take her to get an appointment. My client's doctor said it probably would not behoove us to try this. We went to Zounds and listened to Jeff tell us what the products were and how they worked. It sounded like something that would work for us, so we gave it a try.

With the type of Zounds hearing aid that she has had, her hearing is a 100% better, and now, we seem to be able to have a conversation. It's unlike before when everybody else in the restaurant heard me but her. Also, having the remote control to adjust to help her, is wonderful. We haven't had to use that yet, but we keep trying all the different modes so that we can see if anything is even better for her. When we saw Jeff, he tested her without her knowing it, and she did really great. He's very obliging, and he's right there if we need to call. Everything about the customer service is great. I went in not expecting a whole lot and I was very pleased.

Hello Karen,

I am very happy to hear that your client decided to move forward with improving her quality of life through better hearing. No matter what other health conditions may be impacting her, being able to communicate with others and connect with the world around her is a very good thing. Please extend our good wishes to her.

L.J. Shaffer

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have had my hearing checked originally. I was told I had tinnitus and it wasn't a problem. It didn't get any better though. It got worse. I decided to get a second opinion and went to Zounds. They discovered that my hearing loss is moderate to severe. I had people talking to me and I couldn't hear what they were saying. The people at Zounds were honest with me and I've had excellent interactions with their reps. One rep offered us three models and I chose the Vizara. I can go back to the assistant any time that I have a problem. Indeed, when I had a problem a week later, I went there and she fixed it right up.

The only problem that I have is the background noise, and if people are whispering, I can't hear them. A friend of mine is a very low speaker, and it's very difficult to hear her. Other than that, my hearing has had a tremendous improvement with Zounds. If my friends want a first, second or third opinion, they should absolutely include Zounds and go there.

Hello Maureen,

I am happy to hear that you are receiving excellent care from our staff, and that your hearing aids are indeed helping you. You are welcome to come into any Zounds location for complimentary retesting and adjustments any time you feel the need. Tinnitus and hearing loss are not mutually exclusive. Hearing loss is often discounted when a person has tinnitus, because the tinnitus masks the hearing loss. Zounds offers hearing aids that provide tinnitus masking as an added benefit to customized hearing aid programming. Best of luck to you!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a severe hearing loss where I could hear almost nothing. I got two pairs of hearing aids and they didn’t work. I had Zounds at one time but I lost them and I didn’t have insurance on them. The other type of hearing aids I tried had the molding stuff and went right in the ears. But I was never satisfied with them. I left those hearing aids and went back to Zounds again.

I have the Zounds behind-the-ear hearing aids now. They are of better quality and have more features and settings. I can adjust the tone and volume. I can adjust everything that is in the remote controller. With other hearing aids, I had to push the hearing aid and make it work. I keep the Zounds remote in my pocket so I can see what I'm doing. I can see whether it's going up and down.

The people at Zounds have been very outstanding and have always been very pleasant. They were running a special for customers who already have Zounds or who bought from them in the past. They called and we walked in there. I got the hearing aids at half of what I paid for the first time. The first time I bought from them, the hearing aids were $6,000 for the pair. Over the years, that was what we paid for hearing aids. I got my Zounds hearing aids back in October. I had to go back a couple of times for either adjustments and repairs. They get taken care of. Their guys do fixes right there in the lab and hand the hearings aids back to me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was having a terrible time hearing. I had hearing aids and when I put fresh batteries in, within half an hour, I could hardly hear anything. I belong to an RV group and one of the girls recommended Zounds Hearing. She said that they are very good and know what they’re doing. I went to Zounds Hearing within a couple of days and they were wonderful. I’ve used it and I can hear now and I like the fact that I didn’t have to put batteries in. That was a biggie.

Sarah, the gal who did all of these, told me the batteries used were used up so fast because the hearing aids were trying to hear for me. The person who assisted me was wonderful. She really was very thorough and knew what she was talking about. Testing and fitting the hearing aids were very easy. They’re expensive but I thought, “Anything so I can hear.” I was getting sick and tired of going places or being with groups and not being able to hear anything.

The hearing aids are very comfortable. Yesterday, I put them in before I left the dentist. I had them in all day long and they were fine. I wasn’t even aware they were in anymore. With the other pair, I had to be careful to keep pushing them back in. I can hear things now. Before, if I was with my RV Group and were playing a game, I couldn’t half hear what they were saying. Or I have no idea what was said at a meeting. We had another meeting after I had Zounds in and it was wonderful. I can actually hear what they were saying. It is worth every penny I paid. I’m very satisfied with Zounds Hearing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I was experiencing issues at home where I couldn’t hear the television unless I had it up really loud. But I didn’t go to any formal doctor for hearing testing until I went to Zounds. I have breakfast every Saturday morning and my partners told me about their positive experiences with the company. Their price sounded very reasonable too. The Zounds reception lady was exceptionally nice. If I was having any issues with my hearing aids, I could walk in there anytime that I was in the area. They'd immediately accept the fact that I had not made an appointment but that I had an issue with my hearing aids. They'd respond immediately and would take me in and do whatever was necessary to the hearing aids in order to bring them back to 100% performance.

The most important issue in acquiring hearing aids is that you should get rechargeable ones. The ones that I have are eight-channel, rechargeable hearing aids that go into a charging station at the end of every day. When I get up in the morning, I put them back in and they’re good for the day. I have not had any issues with batteries. My understanding from other people that do not have Zounds hearing aids is that their biggest anxiety comes as a result of the fact that they are continuously having to fool with their batteries which are very small and difficult to deal with.

Having used Zounds, the difference in my ability to hear has been night and day. I have a remote control that offers me several different settings. Depending upon the format of the area that I’m in, I can change the settings so that I could hear quite well. It has made a significant difference in my ability to communicate with people and their ability to communicate with me. Another thing is the Zounds hearing aids, relative to other hearing aids, are very inexpensive. Hearing aids, as a generality, seem to be priced very high. But Zounds hearing aids are very economical and a very good value for the price. I would recommend to any potential purchasers that Zounds is the right place to buy hearing aids.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to know that we could help you and your parents with better hearing.

The convenience of rechargeability is one of the things we are most proud of. Those non-rechargeable batteries seem to die at the worst times! I am also happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the different listening modes on your remote control - they really can make a difference as you move into different environments.

Lastly, thank you for the kind remarks for our staff. I will share them with the team at your local store.

Kind regards,

LaWana Thomasson

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I received my hearing aid in March 2019 and couldn’t be more satisfied. The hearing consultant made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. She went over all the information on how to use the different settings and made sure it was a good fit.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Getting ready to send in for a second time since April. When I purchased them, I was assured that I could service them locally. How can you service hearing aids without checking the customer. They just aren't working right. Would gladly take a refund. Am not happy.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I'm very disappointed with my Zounds hearing aid. I cannot hear real good with them. The girl said, “Well, you can hear 100% like you were if they were normal.” But I have so many problems with it. I tried to call that 800 number several times, and couldn't get through to them. The tip fell out of my earplug so I called last week, and they were very, very busy. I gotta wait a call tomorrow for an appointment.

Another thing, I had a cheap pair. But I bought the one for $5,000. This was the best one they had at the time. Then, Zounds came out with "if you turn those in and get the new ones, it'll cost you $2,000 more." I went for the $2,000. So I got $7,000 worth of hearing aids in my ear, and I told my husband I should have gone to another place. I'm very disappointed. I can't hear every word that is said. We were at our daughter's house yesterday, and I had the original hearing aids. I miss a lot of the conversation. I'm not too happy. If the people there were not so nice as they are, I would have gone to Channel 3 and complained. But these people are so nice and friendly.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My hearing was about 40% gone. We live right down the street from Zounds' location next to a Safeway store that we frequent. The people at Zounds' were very informative. The rep whom I worked with did a marvelous job at explaining everything. He helped me pick out the right pair of hearing aids. I got the ones that are rechargeable which were on sale for 1,000 bucks apiece. I was extremely happy with what he did.

The price was attractive. Previously, I had gone to another place and they wanted $5,000 for two hearing aids. That was extremely more than what I wanted to spend. According to my rep at Zounds, the model of hearing aid I got would work very well for my hearing loss with the way it is. Thus far, I've been very happy with them. He fitted me very well with the hearing aids. Overall, my experience with Zounds has been very good.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My Zounds Hearing Aids is working okay. It’s dependable and helpful. Before, my hearing loss was very poor. I can enjoy life more now that I can hear better. The conversations are clearer. However, it would be helpful if they lower the cost of it. It's a little high.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information