It's that easy Request Information
3.96/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More

396 Zounds Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had partial hearing loss. Before I went to Zounds, I had a full testing by somebody that had a complete test set-up and a full evaluation. So, the people at Zounds only did a minimal amount of testing to me and programmed the unit based on the tests I received. I got the hearing aid model that is behind the ear. The controls on the remote are easy to use and I can control my bass and treble. It works and I've been able to adjust it. Although, it's very difficult when in a noisy restaurant or a party setting that the hearing aid doesn't do that much. I have to eliminate the background speech and noise and I get rid of something that's part of a normal speech.

Nevertheless, the people at Zounds are good and cooperative. One time, they wanted to change the batteries and I felt that there was no need to change it. The batteries are rechargeable and they are all doing fine. Now, I can talk to people and I can hear the church service. I’m like a normal person and Zounds made it more enjoyable. I'm glad I bought these hearing aids.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have problems with high frequency when I'm in places where there is background noise. My mother recommended Zounds which was where she was getting her hearing aids from. Testing and fitting the hearing aid was a two-person operation and they got the job done. The main person went over everything with me and managed through many tests. She also fit me with the hearing aids and helped me adjust them. The other person did everything else.

I got the model that goes over the ear with a wire and it plugs into the ear with a little plastic. It tickles the earlobes a bit but it's not too bad. The fit is not perfect though and I'll have to get it adjusted. I'm constantly pushing it back up in the ear when I wear them. But my hearing is not that bad overall and I don't wear the hearing aids all the time. But they're very helpful when I do utilize them in a loud restaurant or a place where there's music in the background or a lot of people talking. I've also been back to Zounds twice. I went in once to get a battery. Then I also had a minor problem with one of the hearing aids and I had to send it out to be repaired. But they gave me a temporary pair, which I returned to them afterwards. Overall, the experience has been good and I would highly recommend Zounds.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My girlfriend got her hearing aids from Zounds and then recommended the company to me. I got the rechargeable hearing aids that go over the ear. They were very expensive though. They were custom-made and I paid about $200 for it. But it was worth it because I was afraid I was gonna lose them. When I go out and I wanna see a stage show, I wear the hearing aids when the people are singing so I can hear it. And I make the hearing aids nice and loud. It's hard for me to hear the television though. Nonetheless, I would and I have recommended Zounds.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I took my elderly mother to a Zounds because a friend referred me to them. She knew the owner and trusted her. Kelly performed the hearing test and promptly informed me she did indeed need hearings aid. $4000.00 later we had the aids but Kelly could never get them to fit in my mother’s ears properly. Fast forward 2 years later and they need receivers. They are junk. They wanted to charge $300.00 to repair them and couldn’t guarantee that they would last very long. I now have to purchase new hearing aids. Kelly works for Beltone now and she wanted me to buy the new hearing aids from her. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Never again. Do not buy Zounds or Beltone hearing aids! I just wish someone would have warned me.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I've been using ZOUNDS for the last 15 years. I got the 20-channel one which was on sale then. I can hear better and I find them comfortable. Their reps treated me fairly but I did not find the company easy to deal with. I had a problem with the hearing aid and they told me that they couldn't fix them. They have rebuilt ones but to me, a rebuilt one is the one that doesn't have a problem and has been repaired. They wanted to sell me another hearing aid for $1000. I don't want to spend that amount so I'm gonna look for a different company.

Also, I went to see them about a week ago. They had a young lady in the office who could change batteries but she didn't know anything else because she told me that I had to come back and see someone the next day. It just made it hard for me to make two or three trips to get one thing done. Before, I would tell others to buy ZOUNDS. But now, not anymore. I thought it was a good product and reasonably priced. However, their products are reasonably priced when they're on sale but when they're not, the price is outrageous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 10, 2018

For quite a while, many people had told me to turn the TV down because I had it too loud. At Zounds, I worked with Sherry but she wasn’t certified yet so another girl took care of me and they were both excellent. I’m now on my second hearing aid. But I paid $999 for it and after I bought that one, Zounds came out with one that’s almost the same and it was either $400 or $600. That aside, I think the model’s great. I have the remote and I can now turn it up or down and change whenever I want. The best thing I like about it is I don’t have to buy batteries. When the batteries go bad, I take it in and Zounds puts a new battery in. But this model goes over the ear then I push it in and I have trouble getting it in. I have to wet the earpiece and then my ear inside before I can get it to go in. I’ve been fighting with that since I got the new one. But the lady at Zounds was very good about it. She tried a couple of different ones and it’s worked better.

Original review: June 9, 2018

All my kids weren’t going to buy me something for Christmas, but they said that I should take the money and buy myself some hearing aids instead, 'cause I wasn't gonna be able to watch my grandchildren until I got hearing aids. My hearing loss was bad before having the Zounds hearing aids. I was young when began to have hearing aids. I had a middle ear infection so that ruptured my eardrums. I tried this other firm and this other distributor but I was not successful with those hearing aids and I returned them since I had the 30-day trial period. Thereafter, my sister had read an article about Zounds and told me about it. The fact that their hearing aids could recharge themselves was enough to make me be interested in trying them. I used the Zounds hearing aids when I was in Pennsylvania.

Now, my hearing loss is in the 2nd phase so I needed a stronger power at hearing aids. And so, I have the Imprezo 20P, which was from 2012 and so they’re 6 years old. I'm very happy with the hearing aid’s features. The only thing that I have major complaints about is the fact that I had to move here in Florida, and all the places around, such as in Delray Beach in Boca, in Marco Island, in Naples and in Fort Myers, where I used to get services for my hearing, are closed now, which has been a problem. Now, they're only doing corporate stores.

Also, nobody else will service my hearing aids. If I go to another provider, such as Hear.com, and try getting them to assist me, they just tell me to call Zounds and mail the hearing aids back to them. I went to the store in Bensalem Neshaminy Mall and the girl there was wonderful, and so was the girl in Miami. Both of them were very thorough. The one on Miami has a sound booth in her office so she can do the testing right in her office.

I always had the testing process with some kind of a cup that goes in your ear. And this time, they put a more of a sponge type hearing thing, and it doesn't sound as muffled. It sounds a bit clearer than the other end that they were using. Another is that I was happy with the cost of Zounds’ hearing aids. When I first bought the first pair, they were $2,400 and that was with the charging station. The case was extra, but I was happy with that. Zounds has gone up in the years that I've worn them.

With the Zounds hearing aids, I am able to enjoy my grandchildren and feel more comfortable driving because I can hear horn sounds than people having conversations in the car. They're certain tricks that I learn along the way that are helpful. When I go to restaurants, I've learned over the years that I need to sit with my back against the wall so I don't pick up a lot of background noises. There is also a remote that can help with that as well. I have recommended Zounds to my aunt and mom and they have bought hearing aids from them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had a set of hearing aids about 10 years ago, and they were getting old. I was also having more difficulty hearing. I was impressed with the owner of Zounds and why he did it to help his hearing-impaired daughter. So, when I saw their advertisement, I called them up. I interacted with their rep, Jeanne, and I can't say enough good about her. She was fantastic, didn't pressure me, and explained everything very thoroughly. I went through the hearing test which I also had when I got my first hearing aid but I didn't have that explanation at that time. Jeanne was so good about that and I could see where I was and why I needed the better hearing aid.

And so, I bought the expensive hearing aids from them. Since I'm spending money, I might as well get the best. It cost a little more than half of what I paid for the other one but it's 50% better. Now, I have less trouble with wind noise. I got the behind-the-ear style and it's not as susceptible to that as the in-the-canal one that I had before. I can also hear music and conversation better. All in all, my experience with Zounds Hearing Aids was very good.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My hearing loss was minimal and I was not able to understand certain words. I went to Zounds to look for and buy a hearing aid. I bought the top brand that has the little thing that I adjust for different sounds when I put the hearing aids in both of my ears. The hearing aids are fine but I'm upset about its price. A couple of days after I got them, I saw an ad in the newspaper for something that cost a lot less than I what paid for my hearing aids. I paid around $3400 but on the ad I saw the price was $999 and it looked like the same thing. They were on sale but there was nothing I could do about that. But if I waited a couple of days, I would have gotten the hearing aids a lot cheaper. Other than that, I can hear what everybody is saying in the room with my Zounds hearing aids and now I have no problem at all if I go out to visit people. I would tell my friends to try them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have almost a full loss of hearing and at the time that I was looking for somebody, Zounds was the only one that available. I called them and they told me to go there. I got a model that was, at that time, the best thing for me. It has always been okay and all I have to do is go back there and change the batteries more often than before. In my next visit, they're gonna look at the modem to see if there's something wrong with it. I go over to Zounds any time when they're there which is usually on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. The staff are very nice, they take care of me when I have a problem and I thank them for it. I'm very satisfied.

During the testing and fitting of the hearing aid, I was in a booth like everybody else. The staff did the best they could to base off my problem. I like the hearing aid when I'm by myself like when I watch TV. But when I have company, it's hard to pick up their voices from the hearing aid. The hearing aid should be better than what I got but I have a deaf ear and there's nothing I can do when I can't afford high new technologies out of my line. Their staff said it would cost about $3000 to $5000 a piece. I’m retired so I have to live with what I got.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My husband and I had a very caring and professional personnel do the testing and fitting for the Zounds hearing aid. We were very happy with the girl that did it. We had it done a couple of years ago at the same place and by somebody else. But this girl seemed more thorough as she told me us more things about it. We really appreciated all that she told us. She was very pleasant and nice to work with. It also wasn't too much for her to answer our questions.

We paid $3,000 for the hearing aids. We're retired and we are on a very tight fixed income so that's all we could really afford. My husband's other pair of hearing aids was four years old and was really bad. He could not hear with them. But these new ones had made a tremendous difference. My daughter comes every week with her children really noticed the difference. I would recommend Zounds if that's something that people wanna go for. We were very happy with the service and happy with them now. For what we paid, we're doing very well with them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We were in our winter home with my two sons and we drove by and saw Zounds. It sounded pretty good to me so I walked in then walked out two hours later with the hearing aid. Their staff was amazing and the product was outstanding. John was in charge of the staff and his personnel was exemplary. I got a birthday card from the staff and they all thanked me for shopping and for participating. They considered me part of the family so I was impressed. Their service was outstanding as well.

I live in a remote area in North Dakota and the hearing aid is not readily available everywhere. One time, I lost one of the hearing aids and it was replaced after I paid the deposit on it. I would send stuff in for repair and the people there would have a turnaround day instead of having to wait six to eight weeks or sometimes they would put it in the first priority mailing. And they have it in two days and I have it back in a week. Another thing that impressed me the most was when I went in there to have my check. The nearest Zounds is in the Minneapolis area about 400 miles and when I went in, I wanted to have my batteries change in my hearing aids. A technician, Sara, was there at the office in Tucson. She was very capable and very persuasive. Then the next thing I know they told me that I'll get a bill of their new hearing aid and the aids were the new top of the line with 32 channels. They gave me an exemplary price on it that I couldn't say no. So, I applaud that.

I have never been more pleased and satisfied. I could hear my wife washing dishes across the room but before that, she'd say, "What did you say?" or, "What did you think I said?" because I couldn't hear her. Zounds has been an absolute change in my lifestyle. I can hear my grandkids, even if we have a bird haven and we can sit in the evening and listen to birds singing. The product itself is the best on the market and from what I have seen.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a partial hearing loss and a friend of mine recommended Zounds. I got the one that gets over the ear and when I put them in, sometimes I can hear and sometimes I can’t. Also, I don’t feel too comfortable with it and the canal gets sore. But their staff is fine and I had no problem with them.

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello Mr. Minder,

I cannot reach you by email, so I am going to ask the staff at your local office to call you about your fitting. They will be happy to fine tune your programming and assist make sure you have a comfortable fit.

Kind regards,

LaWana Thomasson

Original review: May 26, 2018

I knew my hearing was bad because for years and years, it affected my performance at my job, my life, and in watching television. The rep from Zounds, Danny, suggested that I get the Riazo model for my hearing. Price point, it was 2600 bucks, but I went with his suggestion. It changed my life and I love it. When I put it in its charger, it recharges. Plus, I've got a remote where I can raise the volume and lower it if I choose to. I can also turn it on and off at night when I put it in and I can put it in my ear then hit the "on" switch and it gives me that little 'tudoo' sound to let me know that it's on.

Recently, the hearing aid wasn't working. I called them in advance and asked when I could get in, then Danny asked what time I wanted to on Tuesday. So, I went to see him two weeks ago and he replaced the batteries as well as the hearing bud that goes in my ear to make it more comfortable. He's an absolute pleasure to deal with and very professional. If everybody in retail was like him, everybody would be doing business.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My hearing loss was profound and although it was a partial hearing loss, I had trouble discerning and hearing conversations. I made an appointment and walked in at Zounds Hearing. I was slightly late because I didn't know exactly where I was going. The staff that assisted me was busy but she came right out and I had a wonderful experience in getting tested and fitted with the hearing aid. Its process was very simple. I went through the various sounds, modes, frequencies, and speech. As it would have turned out, it was comfortable, and all have been great ever since.

I got their behind-the-ear hearing aid and my insurance paid for it. Zounds Hearing's hearing aids are not battery driven and I can just recharge it. It's simple and I can adjust the hearing aid with the remote. I know people that have much more expensive hearing aids but they aren't half as happy. But mine looks like some medium priced for some deaf person but it’s just great. With Zounds Hearing, I can hear what's going on around me. I love it and I recommended it to my mother-in-law.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was having a slight degree of hearing difficulty but it got worse. My husband had regular hearing aids but had a bad experience with them. Once they went digital, they always needed a battery replacement. He also complained when he was in a restaurant, the voices around him would sound louder. Zounds had that remote where you can adjust things and I liked that. I got their hearing aids and I've been wearing them for a while now. In fact, I just upgraded. My hearing has been good with the Zounds hearing aids. I'm very pleased with them and the hearing aids are worth the money because you don't have to buy batteries all the time. They are great. And when I called Zounds to change the battery or when I needed new ones, their reps were excellent. I feel like I'm in capable hands and I'd recommend Zounds to all my friends.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was in pretty bad shape and I didn't hear very well at all. I shopped around for hearing aids and Zounds Hearing Aids was recommended to me. The hearing aids I got from them was 2000 bucks a piece. I was trying to get quality and a full range of hearing. I paid a little too much for it but I was looking more at something local. If I have a problem, I didn't have to ship the hearing aids off for two weeks to get them fixed.

Fitting and testing the hearing aids went really well and the rep, Karen, has done an excellent job on the service. However, I work outside in my backyard and I sweat a lot and I get a problem with my hearing aids when they get wet. This is Texas and everybody sweats down here. I've got the little socks on them now and that helps. But considering how much I paid for them, I expect it to be a little more durable than they are regarding water resistance. Other than that, I have recommended Karen and her shop, as well as Zounds when asked.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have had hearing aids for quite some time but I have not been happy, and that was why I changed. My neighbor next door had Zounds and said he was very happy with them. And so I said, "Well, there's no time like now to try them". I have been very satisfied with Zounds so far. I have had a very good attendant to the office where I got them. I've gone out three times just on the spur of the moment where I didn't even have an appointment and he had always been good to help me as soon as he could. One time, he came out and answered a question and then he said he was with a patient. I said, "Well, go right ahead. I'll come back later." But he was kind enough to come out and check with me when I came in. They were very good to help me whenever I need it. Zounds is better than another one that I looked at, which was much more expensive than this one. So I was glad to have this one because it has done very well.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We paid $68,000 for a pair of hearing aids a number of years ago and they weren't worth a penny. A friend who has used Zounds then recommended them to us, telling us that we will really like them. Indeed, Zounds have been the best hearing aids we've ever had. And my husband has had six different kinds. We've asked companies to take us off their mailing lists because my husband gets the best hearing aids at Zounds and he wouldn't go anyplace else. First, they only charge $3,000 for two units, which was a bargain. You can't beat that. Then, when we had to get the old unit fixed, it only cost us $300. Other companies would charge us $600. They also provided another unit while they were fixing the one we had.

The first Zounds hearing aids my husband had was the best that they had at that time. Then, he got a new set three weeks ago and the engineers worked on it. They're really good and where his hearing chart went way down, it covers the particular channels and it makes it a lot easier for him. Also, the new one stays in his ear and he doesn't have to keep pushing them in and adjust them. The batteries last a year, maybe a little less if the batteries are flawed. But the best thing with Zounds is that, if the batteries go out, they replace them without any problem for a lifetime. Who else is gonna do that?

That to me is a real asset because with the other ones, we had to go and buy the batteries and replace them. We had to put in new batteries every month if not more often. Then when you put the batteries in, sometimes they fall out because there's no way to really sink them in there. With Zounds, they're inside and you don't have to worry about them falling out. Also, Jean here in Green Valley is one wonderful representative for Zounds. She answers all kinds of questions and she always has time for you. If she's got a lot of people there she'll tell you to wait for a bit and that she'll be with you shortly. Also, if there's something wrong, we go in there and tell her and she straightens it out for us or she finds out for sure from the engineers. If you want a good set of hearing aids, go with Zounds. Everybody who needs hearing aids should go to ZOUNDS.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I bought the product three years ago in Florida. The HA themselves are very good. I had Miracle Ear and didn't care for the product. Zounds had a better product. But then they overnight went out of business. The Florida agent was helpful, the Michigan office was closed. I set an appointment in Fla. for new batteries, you can't get them anywhere, they are rechargeable, a nice feature, but the agent put me off until they were closed. They farmed me out to a local hearing center who gave me new batteries, but she only had a small supply and will soon run out. You cannot buy the batteries on the open market or the black market. Apparently they are Zounds specific. So now I AM OUT $4,000 for the Zounds, $6000 for the Miracle Ear and nowhere to go for new batteries. The Zounds family founders are a bunch of highway robbers. I am not saying don't buy their product, because you couldn't if you wanted to. What a crock of crap they are.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased 2 Trezio hearing aids from the local store in May 2016, with a 3 year warranty. From the beginning I have had issues with pieces breaking, pins coming out, charger not working. However for the most part, the local store was able and willing to repair with no problems. About 9 months or so ago, the Zounds store changed hands and became Better Hearing Center. The manager there said they would cover the warranty of any Zounds product and he did replace some parts for me. Now I find out that the owners of this franchise have gone bankrupt and all the employees were let go and the two stores closest to me have closed without warning.

From the reviews I have read on this site, this appears to be widespread throughout a number of states. We, as customers, who need to have the hearing aids, should not have to mail them to Arizona for repair and not be assured that we will get them back in working order within a reasonable amount of time. We should not have to pay for shipping and not have to wait weeks for them to be returned. I am waiting now for a call back from the Arizona office. Shall see what happens.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We had friends who had hearing aids from Zounds and they were very pleased so we decided to try that since my husband has a partial but pretty severe hearing loss. After he has worn them all day, one of them in particular bothers him and he has to take it out but basically, he doesn’t have any discomfort from it. Also, they’re very expensive. It’s frustrating because he apparently has auditory nerve damage so they didn’t really do any good. But he wears them and he said sometimes they help. It takes us over an hour to reach the office but the staff has been great and aside from the hearing aids, they have helped with his hearing loss by encouraging him to have audio books or reading aloud to encourage his hearing. If I have mild hearing loss and if I ever need hearing aids, I would certainly go to Zounds.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I had a very bad ear infection a few years back and it totally destroyed my one ear. When I had my first hearing test, I wasn’t pleased with the company. I didn’t know if they were gonna be around for a long period of time and it was an ENT office. I wasn’t ready. And everyone I talked to said hearing aids were the worst thing in the whole world and they didn’t work and didn’t help, so I put it off. Then a friend got hearing aids from Zounds Hearing and he said he absolutely loved them. I made an appointment immediately and I loved them.

I was impressed with the hearing test that the staff gave. She showed me everything that I have seen once before from a hearing test, so I knew I wasn’t just being told that I need it because I really had looked into it. I knew what I needed and I had to be happy with the person I was going to. I was surprised that the hearing aids weren’t more expensive. I kept telling myself that they were way too expensive and I couldn’t afford them. Everyone that I talked to said that their hearing aids were about $2,000 each but they didn’t like those. They complained and they said they were no good. They said that they had so much background noise and they didn’t like them, so they didn’t wear them. I knew that if I was going to get some, I needed something better than what they were getting.

I got the ones with the little tube in the ear and they have the 32 channels that they can program. I did not want earbuds because I used to try putting an earbud in and have it stay, but it would go out. My husband decided that I would have the 32 and he said that’s what we’ll get. I love the fact that I don’t have to put a battery in because I have arthritis in my fingers and there’s no way I could put in little batteries. I just plug them in and they get recharged every night and that is a biggie for me. I’ve noticed a big change because I couldn’t hear anyone whispering at all and I could hardly hear my husband because his voice fails off. My boss’ voice failed off and now I can hear whatever I wanna hear. I’ve already recommended someone who went in and got them the day after me.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I came away unimpressed when I was first at Zounds over two years ago. I have a partial hearing loss and my basic gut reaction was that I paid way too much for the Imprezo model. One time, I went to a dinner with my family and then a sister-in-law with an exuberant hug hit me in the left ear and knocked my hearing aid out as I walked in the door. I went through 3.5 hours of family get together and I didn't know the hearing aid in my left ear was missing until I got home and started to put them on charge. I reached for the left one first and it wasn't there. It took two days before somebody found it luckily not in a traffic pattern in the house. What was frustrating is I had a $6,000 pair of hearing aids and I didn't even know I had lost one.

I didn't have a good experience and I didn't wear the hearing aids for two years. My impression, though, of Zounds has changed considerably with the two-year later visit. I will be meeting with a technician who is very helpful. His name is Jeff and he said that he would get me caught up with the hearing aid so that they are functioning better. Furthermore, he said I have a heavy earwax build-up in my left ear and told me how to correct it. So now, I started that correction that Jeff instructed me on and then we'll proceed with getting back on track with the hearing aid.

Original review: April 22, 2018

After purchasing the Imprezo for my wife several years ago at a local Zounds store, we were very happy with the service and location. Zounds soon closed those stores, and now we're stuck with $4000.00 hearing aids that we can't get the batteries replaced. As others have stated, we should not have to ship them to Arizona to get them replaced! Why can't they have a battery that can be replaced, like anything else. ZOUNDS, wake up and hear your customers. Please tell me where I can get them without shipping them or driving 120 miles to get them done!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've used Zounds hearing aids for several years now and the aids are OK but the company is terrible. They've had 3 or 4 locations in my area (Central Florida) open then close and now they're nowhere near me. Trying to get anything from the corporate office (even an email or phone call) seems to be impossible. I've tried for a couple weeks to get an answer to a very simple question about a replacement part but have gotten no response. I would never recommend this company, ever.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I went to Zounds in Tucson, AZ. I had my hearing tested and was fitted with a pair of Senza hearing aids. They are marvelous. Carl ** did an excellent job of testing, adjusting and fitting my equipment. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, we visit Tucson twice a year, I will recommend these people and this location to everyone who asks where I got them. Thank you, Zounds, life has never sounded better!

Zounds Hearing Aids response

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Tucson location. I will make certain that your review is shared with Carl as well. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Original review: March 31, 2018

On May 11th, 2016 I purchased Zounds Hearing Aids with remote. The Zounds hearing aid store was located on Pine Island Road in Cape Coral, FL with several locations in the area. I was greeted by the owner, (Bob **). He tested my ears, made the recommendation and sold me the Zounds Hearing Aids with a three year warranty. I went back several times with adjustments, including loud noises in restaurants and not being able to hear conversations at our table, (This problem still exists.), premature battery failure and wire breakage on hearing aid.

I am now having problems with my right aid. I called and found out all four area Zounds stores are now closed. I finally got a number for a location in North Ft. Myers that would service it, but they want $295 to do so. These $4300 hearing aids are not at all what I expected. It appears that Bob is a lot better salesman than product he is selling. I called the 800 number and was presented with music and then abrupt silence. The Zounds owner stated he got into the business to help his Hearing Impaired daughter. That's fine, but what about all the people who can't get satisfaction and in my case, can't hear any high pitched noises at all! P.S. By the way, Mr. BIG SHOT Bob ** is nowhere to be found.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I lost hearing when I was 33 years old when I had an ischemic attack way back when I was 33 years old. So, as a result of that, I never heard anything out of that ear. However, my right ear has taken me through getting Master's degree and teaching for 24 years. And I was beginning to have the sounds that didn't sound correctly. I couldn't make all the words sometimes. It was a nuisance. It started to affect my teaching, which was one of the reasons why I retired. It was then I've tried a couple of other hearing aids and they were never effective until I tried Zounds.

A friend of ours had a son who started Zounds in Fishers, Indiana. He was bragging about his wonderful new Zounds hearing aid and he was extolling the virtues of the Zounds. He put one of the hearing aids to my husband's ear and my husband was very impressed. So, we went all the way to Fishers because there were no Zounds where we were. We went to Fishers to have a regular checking. The hearing aid model I have is Clareza. I still have the original one and I still like it. The hearing aid saved us from a life of not being able to enjoy good music and the television, and neighbors and friends.

Although my only problem is I wear it all day and by night time, I have irritation and an allergy on my deaf ear. I got some drops for the itching. It was something with the surrounding materials in the product. When we found that we have Zounds here locally, we were elated and it has spread to several more cities in our Lake County area. The reps in the local Zounds where we went to were very helpful, very nice to deal with, and very caring. Cynthia is the one who runs, handles the people and she also does the testing, and she fixes too. If something has gone out of the whack, she does it and she's very willing and capable. We have something very good.

It was wonderful that even though it wasn't their sale, they took over and concertedly, they've been very good about treating our problems, which were definitely very minor. Zounds’ people are conscientious, even when you open the door to go into their business. Any receptionist that they've ever had were very accommodating. Also, my husband had one ear bothering him. And so has the Torza and he has it for about six months. He has been very happy with his hearing aid and my husband feels it's normal. He’s 92 years old and he was starting to have problems. He had the hearing aid readjusted recently again as his hearing aid started to go bad.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My mother recently had issues with her hearing aids that she purchased from Zounds in Olive Branch MS. Like many others of you, when she tried to contact the store about it, it had closed. No advance warning, no information on how to get service in the future, nothing. On January 30th, as I was visiting her from 250 miles away, I got tired of screaming at her and decided to help her find an answer. I sent an email to the Zounds customer service department, and got a prompt reply, on March 19th, telling me to have her ship them into their Arizona location for repair. If it took them 47 days to answer an email, I can’t imagine how long it would take them to repair and return her hearing aids! In the meantime, she has shelled out another $5000+ for new hearing aids from Beltone. No one in my family will ever use or recommend Zounds again. I wish we had read reviews before she purchased them in the first place.

Zounds Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Zounds Hearing was founded by Sam Thomasson, an engineer and medical device developer who has a hearing-impaired daughter and wanted to improve on existing hearing aid technology for her and others with hearing loss. Zounds strives to create hearing aids for today’s world, compatible with cell phones, car communication systems and televisions. Zounds hearing aids are available throughout nearly all of the contiguous United States.

• Exclusive technology: Zounds offers hearing aids it has developed internally as well as exclusively licensed technology from Sam Thomasson’s former tech company, Acoustic Technologies, Inc. That means you can get products at Zounds that are not available elsewhere.

• Free hearing exams: You can visit a Zounds Hearing Center for a hearing assessment with a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Even if you decide you don’t need or want to purchase anything, the assessment is always free, and you can come back for follow-up assessments if your situation changes.

• Product selection: Zounds makes several hearing aid models, so buyers can choose the one best suited for them. The Imprezo is a fully-equipped model that comes with noise cancellation technology and is ideal for those with moderate to severe hearing loss. The Arenz is a small, powerful model that is equipped with Tinnitus Waveform to help those who experience tinnitus. The Prezia model offers many programmable channels for different listening environments.

• GlobalEnergy charging system: Several of Zounds’ hearing aid models run on a rechargeable battery system. Unlike other types of hearing aids, you will never need to buy a battery again. Instead, you can recharge your hearing aids and remote control each night and they will hold a charge for 18 hours. The rechargeable batteries last the life of your hearing aids.

• Convenience: Zounds is one of the United States’ fastest-growing hearing aid companies. There are currently over 200 franchise locations in more than 30 states. Use Zounds’ website to find a location near you.

• Best for: people with acquired or progressive hearing loss and aging listeners.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information

www.zoundshearing.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business