2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.26/5

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 28, 2019

As my partial hearing loss was terrible, somebody recommended Zounds to me and I got the top-of-the-line model. There's a girl named Bianca who is such a credit to the company. She handles everything with such sweetness and never acts like I'm a problem or a bother to be there. She tells me to come back any time and she is constantly readjusting the hearing aids. I hear for one day and then they’re gone again.

The testing was very good, but the results aren't there. The product isn’t worth the price, and I’m very upset about not being able to hear after spending all that money. Also, I have long fingernails and I don’t like to stick those little batteries in to my hearing aids. I like the feature of having that automatic, but I’m not impressed with that and I’m afraid that that charger is my problem.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have a loss of hearing for years now and I've had a hearing aid before. Zounds is heavily advertised and I thought I'd give them a try. So, I got a rechargeable hearing aid that uses no battery. I have one-on-one interactions with a technician there, and he's very helpful and good. He is the only individual in that office and there’s no display and no lab, so it’s not appropriate. It is just one office that's crammy and there's nothing much to show. It's unlike the other hearing office where they have a lab and better facility. Zounds should have more office space and showroom. Still, my overall experience with Zounds is good.

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you are doing well with your Zounds aids and that your experience has been good. We are new to the Henderson area and are utilizing space in a professional office plaza while we procure and build out permanent retail space in the area.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My experience with Zounds Hearing Aids has always been very good. The only thing is the store in Cherry Hill only opens around two or three days a week and it is a problem when you need service or a piece because you can't walk in and get it done right away. It would be nice if they had more days for service. Other than that, the service has been good. I had the Clareza before, but they faded out on me after a couple of years. I bought the upgrade, which I'm happy with. But they gotta strengthen up the part that fits in the ear and hooks into the hearing aid because I had the experience of a couple of them breaking on me. Still, they've been fine and the quality of the model that I have has been good. I would tell a friend to listen to Zounds and to watch the video and go from there.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My client had a stroke 14 years ago and I'm her caregiver. I drive her everywhere, with her worse ear closer to me as the driver, not realizing she couldn't hear a thing I was saying to her in the car. She was almost deaf in one ear and had moderate hearing loss in the other ear, so it was very hard having a conversation with her without screaming. She was missing out a lot in life, not hearing. But then she saw the Zounds ad in the paper and forced her daughter to take her to get an appointment. My client's doctor said it probably would not behoove us to try this. We went to Zounds and listened to Jeff tell us what the products were and how they worked. It sounded like something that would work for us, so we gave it a try.

With the type of Zounds hearing aid that she has had, her hearing is a 100% better, and now, we seem to be able to have a conversation. It's unlike before when everybody else in the restaurant heard me but her. Also, having the remote control to adjust to help her, is wonderful. We haven't had to use that yet, but we keep trying all the different modes so that we can see if anything is even better for her. When we saw Jeff, he tested her without her knowing it, and she did really great. He's very obliging, and he's right there if we need to call. Everything about the customer service is great. I went in not expecting a whole lot and I was very pleased.

Hello Karen,

I am very happy to hear that your client decided to move forward with improving her quality of life through better hearing. No matter what other health conditions may be impacting her, being able to communicate with others and connect with the world around her is a very good thing. Please extend our good wishes to her.

L.J. Shaffer

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have had my hearing checked originally. I was told I had tinnitus and it wasn't a problem. It didn't get any better though. It got worse. I decided to get a second opinion and went to Zounds. They discovered that my hearing loss is moderate to severe. I had people talking to me and I couldn't hear what they were saying. The people at Zounds were honest with me and I've had excellent interactions with their reps. One rep offered us three models and I chose the Vizara. I can go back to the assistant any time that I have a problem. Indeed, when I had a problem a week later, I went there and she fixed it right up.

The only problem that I have is the background noise, and if people are whispering, I can't hear them. A friend of mine is a very low speaker, and it's very difficult to hear her. Other than that, my hearing has had a tremendous improvement with Zounds. If my friends want a first, second or third opinion, they should absolutely include Zounds and go there.

Hello Maureen,

I am happy to hear that you are receiving excellent care from our staff, and that your hearing aids are indeed helping you. You are welcome to come into any Zounds location for complimentary retesting and adjustments any time you feel the need. Tinnitus and hearing loss are not mutually exclusive. Hearing loss is often discounted when a person has tinnitus, because the tinnitus masks the hearing loss. Zounds offers hearing aids that provide tinnitus masking as an added benefit to customized hearing aid programming. Best of luck to you!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had a severe hearing loss where I could hear almost nothing. I got two pairs of hearing aids and they didn’t work. I had Zounds at one time but I lost them and I didn’t have insurance on them. The other type of hearing aids I tried had the molding stuff and went right in the ears. But I was never satisfied with them. I left those hearing aids and went back to Zounds again.

I have the Zounds behind-the-ear hearing aids now. They are of better quality and have more features and settings. I can adjust the tone and volume. I can adjust everything that is in the remote controller. With other hearing aids, I had to push the hearing aid and make it work. I keep the Zounds remote in my pocket so I can see what I'm doing. I can see whether it's going up and down.

The people at Zounds have been very outstanding and have always been very pleasant. They were running a special for customers who already have Zounds or who bought from them in the past. They called and we walked in there. I got the hearing aids at half of what I paid for the first time. The first time I bought from them, the hearing aids were $6,000 for the pair. Over the years, that was what we paid for hearing aids. I got my Zounds hearing aids back in October. I had to go back a couple of times for either adjustments and repairs. They get taken care of. Their guys do fixes right there in the lab and hand the hearings aids back to me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My hearing loss was pretty bad. We read Zounds Hearing's ad in the paper and contacted them. I liked what I heard and the Zounds staff member, Sarah. She was a nice person, which made the difference. Plus, she likes my tiny dog. The hearing aids are working really well and I like them a lot. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I can also adjust the degree of hearing. I can make it louder or softer. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Hello Peggy!

Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff and with your new Zounds hearing aids. Rechargeable hearing aids are truly the most convenient option and I am happy to hear that you are pleased with their performance.

Kind regards,

Zounds Hearing

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Zounds Hearing Aids is fantastic. My mother has hearing loss and has had Zounds for six years now. The hearing aids have changed her life. She has dementia so we cannot have the battery changing all the time. One of the top things that we really liked about the hearing aids is that you just put them in the cradle every night to recharge them. They also had a really good, fair price. Plus, Zounds' service is outstanding. The receptionist is wonderful and the audiologist is even better. My mom really feels comfortable with them. They fixed the batteries too. They are a great company and I can’t say enough about them.

Hello Debra,

I am so happy to hear that your mother is benefiting from her new hearing aids. One of our staff members brought her mother, who had advanced dementia, in for a hearing test and fitting. The dementia diagnosis was masking the hearing loss, for which symptoms can be similar. Nina had heard of customers with dementia for whom aids made a big difference in their ability to connect and communicate. Happily, this was also the case for Nina's mother. Once she was aided, she was able to communicate and enjoy things like movies and music and dinners with family. Nina said it was like turning back the clock three years and they were able to make memories they can cherish later. I hope your mother is equally blessed.

L.Shaffer

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I love Zounds Hearing Aids. I was on the end of the use of my past hearing aids, but our previous supplier did not have a financing program and we didn't have the cash to pay upfront. For a number of days, we saw consecutive four-page ads in our newspaper. We took the best deal for us with Zounds. We have 12 months to pay them off, no interest. The young lady that we dealt with was just so accommodating. We're used to getting pushed off and this gal bent over backwards to help.

I'm hearing things now that I didn't know existed. I didn't know the birds were around. When we came out of our rear door, I said that I hear birds. My bride said that they've always been there. I was astounded at the clarity. I do a lot of bowling and with the prior equipment I had, I had to tune them out. Then somebody would say something and I wouldn't hear it. But with the filtering that goes on with Zounds, I don't have to mess with it. There's a sharp noise and but the hearing aids adjust. I don't have any squeals

I use some power equipment on occasion for drilling through concrete and drywall. The hammer drill used to just kill me. It would screech in the hearing aids, which I had to take out. Also, the vacuum to vacuum the car just squealed to beat the band. Before I got the Zounds, I couldn't wear the hearing aids. Now, no problem.

Now, I've been issued profound deafness. In other words, when I take my hearing aids off, you better be an inch from my ear for me to hear you talk. When I take the hearing aids off I don't hear anything and when I put them on, I hear everything that's within the power of the units. It's unbelievable to have. I do some karaoke and some singing along with popular songs. With the equipment prior to those Zounds, I could not pick up my queue on the music. And now, I'm right on time. The queue is there and so am I. Plus, my bride doesn't have to shout at me. From my own personal experience, I would recommend Zounds highly.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for one of the best reviews I have ever read. It is wonderful to hear all of the different ways in which you are benefiting from your new Zounds hearing aids. We are in the business of helping people with hearing loss improve their quality of life. I am so happy to hear that we have accomplished our goal for you. We have contracted with multiple financing companies to provide the best solutions we can for our customers. I am glad one of these solutions met your needs. Finally, thank you for the kind words for our hearing consultant - I will be sure to pass them on to her.

Best of luck to you and your bride.

LaWana Thomasson

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The hearing on my left ear is almost totally gone and my right ear is not very good. I've had good interactions with the Zounds staff. They ran the tests, and they were quite positive and good to work with. The Zounds hearing aids have been helpful. I have the one in the ear and behind the ear as well. It's a good model and the cost is about right. I've had other hearing aids, but what I like about Zounds is that I can charge up the battery at nighttime, and that’s convenient. These hearing aids have been very important and I would recommend it to other people.

Zounds Hearing Aids Company Information