Zounds Hearing Aids Request Information
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

Zounds Hearing was established by the father of a hearing impaired child who vowed to bring a more reliable hearing aid to those with mild, moderate, or severe hearing complications.

ZOUNDS uses technology that effectively enhances sound quality through various types of phones and automotive communication systems to provide a better-quality hearing experience to those in need. We pride ourselves in offering our customers an affordable selection of high-performance hearing aids and devices that they can trust. Choose Zounds as your hearing aid solution.

View More View More
Zounds Hearing Aids Request Information

Zounds Hearing Aids Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 26, 2019

My hearing loss in both ears was getting worse and I liked that Zounds hearing aids are rechargeable. I like the idea that I would put them on either on my ears or on the charger. The reps were very helpful and I’m very pleased with the service. I got the Torza model which they thought would be the best one for me and my hearing is a lot better now. The experience has been very pleasant.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I'm a type 1 diabetic and I have nerve damage in a lot of different parts of my body. My ears happened to be one of those and I've been dealing with the hearing issues for at least 20 years now. A friend of mine had very good luck with the Zounds hearing aids. She is 91 and I trust her, and she would have told me if she had problems with them. However, the last two or three years that I've worked with Zounds has been very confusing. They were at one location and a woman helped me. She was very knowledgeable and she did a good job of fitting my hearing aids. I went back to get them rechecked but she had been fired. They had a new young man and the impression he left me was I was bothering him and that he got other things to do. He was in a hurry and he did not spend enough time with me to adjust my hearing aids, and I really felt that.

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield that covers hearing aids for me every three years and I pay a portion of that. I filed the insurance and I received notice that Zounds was paid, then I paid the remainder of it. Three years later, I received a Blue Cross Blue Shield bill from whoever who took over for Zounds in the office and I was being charged $4,000 because I had no record of the fact that my hearing aids have been paid for, nor did they have record of the check that I have written to them, although I had the record of the check that was written to them. It was poor service and I was so frustrated with the whole situation. It was also at that time that I found that Zounds had moved, but there had been no notification to me that in order to get service on my Zounds, I had to go to a different office. It was very messy.

My hearing continues to get worse. I lead classes or I try to go to seminars, but I cannot understand half of what is said. I had to make up what I was supposed to be hearing. The hearing aid has something to do with it. Even when I first got them, I had difficulty when I was teaching in class and I would answer inappropriately because I had not heard the question correctly. I have a new set now and it is my second set of Zounds. The new man over there has attempted to be very kind to me, but I don't feel he is very knowledgeable. He knows how to run a computer and if I tell him that I can hear something, he knows how to set it but he is not an audiologist. I have gone to an audiologist several times before with my hearing loss and they were more knowledgeable.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have partial hearing loss. Zounds had a good reputation back east in Pennsylvania and I lived in an over 55 community where a number of people who had Zounds recommended them to me. I also liked their lifetime warranty, so I decided to purchase from them. Their staff was very nice and qualified. Everything about the testing process was fine, too. The hearing aid that I got has the little pea pod that goes over the ear and the little clear plastic pipe that goes into the ear with a tube on it. It's easy to use and I got used to it. It also seems to be doing what it's designed to do.

Original review: March 28, 2019

As my partial hearing loss was terrible, somebody recommended Zounds to me and I got the top-of-the-line model. There's a girl named Bianca who is such a credit to the company. She handles everything with such sweetness and never acts like I'm a problem or a bother to be there. She tells me to come back any time and she is constantly readjusting the hearing aids. I hear for one day and then they’re gone again.

The testing was very good, but the results aren't there. The product isn’t worth the price, and I’m very upset about not being able to hear after spending all that money. Also, I have long fingernails and I don’t like to stick those little batteries in to my hearing aids. I like the feature of having that automatic, but I’m not impressed with that and I’m afraid that that charger is my problem.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have a loss of hearing for years now and I've had a hearing aid before. Zounds is heavily advertised and I thought I'd give them a try. So, I got a rechargeable hearing aid that uses no battery. I have one-on-one interactions with a technician there, and he's very helpful and good. He is the only individual in that office and there’s no display and no lab, so it’s not appropriate. It is just one office that's crammy and there's nothing much to show. It's unlike the other hearing office where they have a lab and better facility. Zounds should have more office space and showroom. Still, my overall experience with Zounds is good.

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you are doing well with your Zounds aids and that your experience has been good. We are new to the Henderson area and are utilizing space in a professional office plaza while we procure and build out permanent retail space in the area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zounds Hearing Aids?

Original review: March 13, 2019

My experience with Zounds Hearing Aids has always been very good. The only thing is the store in Cherry Hill only opens around two or three days a week and it is a problem when you need service or a piece because you can't walk in and get it done right away. It would be nice if they had more days for service. Other than that, the service has been good. I had the Clareza before, but they faded out on me after a couple of years. I bought the upgrade, which I'm happy with. But they gotta strengthen up the part that fits in the ear and hooks into the hearing aid because I had the experience of a couple of them breaking on me. Still, they've been fine and the quality of the model that I have has been good. I would tell a friend to listen to Zounds and to watch the video and go from there.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My hearing loss was pretty bad. We read Zounds Hearing's ad in the paper and contacted them. I liked what I heard and the Zounds staff member, Sarah. She was a nice person, which made the difference. Plus, she likes my tiny dog. The hearing aids are working really well and I like them a lot. One of the things I hated about hearing aids that I had tried before were the batteries. But the hearing aids that I have now are rechargeable so I don't have to change its batteries. I can also adjust the degree of hearing. I can make it louder or softer. I would recommend Zounds to anybody who wants hearing aids.

Hello Peggy!

Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff and with your new Zounds hearing aids. Rechargeable hearing aids are truly the most convenient option and I am happy to hear that you are pleased with their performance.

Kind regards,

Zounds Hearing

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The hearing on my left ear is almost totally gone and my right ear is not very good. I've had good interactions with the Zounds staff. They ran the tests, and they were quite positive and good to work with. The Zounds hearing aids have been helpful. I have the one in the ear and behind the ear as well. It's a good model and the cost is about right. I've had other hearing aids, but what I like about Zounds is that I can charge up the battery at nighttime, and that’s convenient. These hearing aids have been very important and I would recommend it to other people.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have had my hearing going on 5 years, I recently received a card with updated locations and noted the one listed at Carmel IN. I needed to have my hearings checked and needed new earpieces plus a new battery. Today I saw Jeff at this office and he was wonderful. Thank you Jeff for helping me by replace the earpieces both AIDS and the battery in one aid. I hear so much better! I moved to this area two years ago and there were no stores in this area. Thank you Zounds for Jeff and the Carmel store!??

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Like other reviews I have read, the office closed within a year. My wife’s hearing aids stopped amplifying but the office was closed. There were not others in the area. Send to Arizona was the suggestion. We have over $6500 invested and are very frustrated. It seems their strategy is to attempt to penetrate an area and then close to leave those buyers without service. Not nice!

Dear Mr. Bero,

I have attempted to contact you, but have not as yet heard back from you. The location where you purchased your aids was a franchise location, which regrettably closed. This action was out of our control. We consider you to be a valued Zounds customer and are happy to provide customer service and support through our Corporate office in Arizona. We have a dedicated Customer Care Team that will provide service to you. All warranties are absolutely honored. Please reach out to me and I will provide information on how convenient it is to use this service.

Kind regards,