4.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Eargo Video
Eargo Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Eargo sells three hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with severe hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate hearing loss.

PROS

• Nearly invisible
  • Licensed, professional support
  • Front sound amplification
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

CONS

• Not for severe hearing loss

Top Eargo Reviews

02/27/2019

I have moderate hearing loss in the high frequencies. After checking at least a dozen companies, I decided to purchase from Eargo and I have been very pleased. [They called] me to make sure it was working and that I was getting used to [the device]. I also had direct contact with the audiologist.

03/30/2019

I couldn't hear [background noises] and female voices are soft and I had difficulty hearing them. I bought the Max and I like them really well. The interaction with the customer service team was excellent. I like the style of the hearing aids because they're almost invisible. You get a good look and it's so easy to adjust the volume.

Eargo hearing aids

Eargo sells hearing aid devices for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss. All models feature four sound profiles that are easy to save or switch between for the user. Unlike typical behind-the-ear hearing aids, Eargo’s devices are nearly invisible and amplify sound in front of you rather than behind you.

Eargo's open-fit hearing aids feature silicone Flexi fibers that allow for increased airflow, letting frequencies pass more easily into your ear and giving you more natural sound amplification. The Flexi fibers also prevent the plugging sensation commonly felt when using traditional plastic hearing aids.

There are three Eargo hearing aid models:

• EargoPlus is Eargo’s starter hearing aid and their most affordable option. Marketed as ideal for first-time hearing aid users, the Eargo Plus model is an open-fit device.
  • Eargo Max, Eargo’s mid-tier option, provides a sound amplification boost with improved noise reduction. Equipped with similar specs as the Eargo Plus, the Eargo Max model features better sound quality, state-of-the-art Flexi fibers (the “Flexi Dome”) and advanced sound profile memory that includes voice indicators.
  • Eargo Neo is Eargo’s top-tier device and features Flexi Fibers called “Flexi Palms.” Eargo Neo provides the highest level of noise amplification and reduction of all the Eargo products. The Neo device is controllable through Eargo’s mobile or web app, making it easier to adjust to your settings. You can also request an Eargo Hearing Professional to help you find your perfect sound settings via the mobile app.

The devices are all rechargeable, and purchase includes a charging case that allows you to charge your Flexis on the go, allowing you to go days without ever having to plug into a wall.

Each model has different specifications including dimensions and feel and performance. Compare each of Eargo’s models using the chart below.

ModelEargo PlusEargo MaxEargo Neo
DimensionsL-18.4mm / H-9.4mm / W-6.8mmL-18.4mm / H-9.4mm / W-6.8mmL-19.3mm / H-6.8mm / W-12mm
Weight1.1g1.1g1.2g
GainMaximum output 110dB SPLMaximum output 110dB SPLMaximum output 111dB SPL
Noise reductionUp to 12dB gain reductionUp to 12dB gain reductionUp to 17dB gain reduction
Wind noise reductionN/AUp to 14dB gain reductionUp to 13dB gain reduction

Eargo prices

Eargo costs anywhere from $1,650 to $2,750, the total price of the hearing aids will depend on the model selected. Prices are for two hearing aids and include a charger, plus extra flexis and wax guards. Financing is available and Eargo offers a 10% military discount.

ModelPriceMonthly financing
Eargo Plus$1,650/pairStarts at $77
Eargo Max$2,150/pairStarts at $100
Eargo Neo$2,750/pairStarts at $127

How to buy Eargo hearing aids

Eargo products are designed for individuals experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss. Because they’re not designed to address severe impairment, a hearing test or prescription is not required to purchase Eargo hearing aids. Simply log on to the website or call Eargo directly to purchase your preferred device. You can also try Eargo in person at b8ta stores available in select locations.

In addition to three hearing aid models, Eargo sells replacement Flexis, replacement wax guards and chargers on their website.

Eargo staffs a team of personal hearing professionals (PHPs) that can help you evaluate their products and guide to toward the right selection for your hearing needs. Access to a PHP continues after purchase, for as long as you use the device. These professionals can help you the fit and feel of your device, settings, and any questions that come up along the way.After purchase, your PHP will set up a welcome call to help you get started.

Eargo Q&A

Will my insurance cover my Eargo hearing aid?

Possibly. Eargo does not provide insurance reimbursements, so you’ll need to check with your insurance company in advance to see if you qualify for coverage.

What is Eargo’s return policy?

If you’re not satisfied, you can return your Eargo hearing device or any unopened accessories within 45 days for a refund. A $99 handling fee will be applied.

How long do Eargo batteries last?

Eargo batteries are rechargeable, and a charger is included in the price of purchasing the hearing aids. A fully charged battery should last for 16 hours.

Do Eargo hearing aids help with tinnitus?

While Eargo hearing aids were not created to treat tinnitus, hearing aids may help reduce symptoms. According to Eargo, some users have reported a decline in tinnitus perception after wearing the devices.

Do we recommend Eargo hearing aids?

If you or a loved one is suffering from mild to moderate hearing loss, Eargo devices may be a great option. Their simplified ordering process cuts out the middleman and makes for a straightforward experience. Eargo also provides Personal Hearing Professionals that are on call to help you with any questions that arise before, during and after your purchase.

70 Eargo Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

Although my brain was adjusting to my hearing loss and I wasn't that aware of it, it was annoying to everyone around me. Now that I’ve gotten the Eargo devices, an amazing amount of sound is back and it has been exciting to hear it. My first episode was when I was putting the hearing aids in, adjusting them, studying my manual, and going over everything. Then I walked outside and there was this huge oak tree in my front yard. For a second, at the top of the tree, the wind was rustling the leaves and I could hear it clearly. It was amazing because I hadn’t noticed it before I used Eargo. It was one of those, “Aha,” moments and it was really cool.

I have a variety of different music that I listen to. I have a five-CD player in my art studio and it has rhythm and blues, followed by Mozart, followed by some jazz and a Broadway musical in the same set. When I started playing it, it was like hearing a lot of the stuff for the first time because there were instruments and background sounds that I had become accustomed to or forgot that I was missing out on.

When adjusting the settings from one to two or two to three, it takes just a light tap on my ear to make the adjustment. But this past week, it hasn’t been that easy. Sometimes it has taken five or more taps to get it to adjust. I'm not sure whether that had something to do with cleaning it or the battery charge. I looked through the manual, but I couldn’t find anything that referred to adjusting it. Now, I’m working with Eargo to find out if the issue is something that developed with the device itself or if I’m doing something wrong. And I’m experimenting to try and figure out what the nature of the issue is. But this past weekend, I had to go run an errand and got in the car. I had the window down and had the wind blowing back. The rushing wind made the adjustment for me. The setting went from level one to level two and it was kinda strange because I didn’t touch it. I just heard it saying, “Level two.”

I’m still breaking them in and still getting used to having an alien object in my ear, so I have a tendency to wanna reach up and scratch. I was just in my studio and I have a clock on the wall in front of my drawing table. Now, I hear it ticking. I tilted my head one way to listen to it, then I tilted my head the other way to listen to it, and I couldn’t tell if one was louder than the other. That’s the little things that I keep experiencing the more I have the hearing aids.

I’m really enjoying the hearing aids. It’s an excellent product. I have very large hands, so handling them takes a little getting used to though. I haven’t changed the monthly cleaning thing where I have to use the little device. However, I’m getting to the point where I take the hearing aids out at night and I put it in the charger and I let it go. Then in the morning when I get them out, I take my brush and clean them. If there’s any earwax on it, it’s recommended to wait until that dries a bit so that it could be brushed off easier. I’ve always maintained maintenance with my ears. I keep them clean using cotton swabs so there’s not a lot of wax build up. I assume that people who don’t do that are getting a lot of wax.

When I was traveling in another country, I took the entire box with me because I wanted to make sure I had my techs to be able to troubleshoot any problems. I travel a lot back-and-forth and I can just throw it in my art bag and it works fine with the box it came in. But I’m looking for something light to travel with that can keep it protected.

Overall, Eargo has been giving me excellent service. My wife has also commended the follow-up. Their attention to customer service has been very impressive. Good quality service is very hard to find these days. And I really appreciate the way that they operate and the quality of their product. I would recommend Eargo. I’m pleased with the product and it has been very good for me.

Eargo response

You know that to live for every moment, you’ve got to hear every moment. Happy hearing, Ed!

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I like that you can't see the Eargo hearing aids. A lot of my friends at my age say, "You got hearing aids?" If you don't pull it out and show them one, they'll never know, which is a definite plus for Eargo. I also like that it's rechargeable and easy to use. The price is important, too. I have the Eargo Max which is the middle type. The bottom one had too much noise. The newest one is the Neo and though I'm a tech guy, I don't want another app and I don't feel the need to adjust it that much. The Neo seems to be too much.

The first person that I spoke to was Corina. She sent me the empty ones for sizing. The follow up by Eargo is tremendous. They had the follow-up call for the audiologist to answer any questions. I did end up sending the right one back though. We tried everything. She had me changing tips and changing the wax filter, but there was something with it.

It's my first hearing aid and so far, it works. You'll notice the difference. The first time that you put them in and you hear running water or you pick up a potato chip bag and crackle it, you'll go, "What was that?" It's that learning experience of retraining your brain a little bit. But I'm loving my Eargo hearing aid. I can hear better with it and I'm having a good time with it. It's great for TV. You don't have to put your TV volume on nuclear anymore. It's also great when you're in a restaurant trying to see what the person across the table is saying without reading their lips. I went on a Disney cruise a couple of weeks ago, and a couple from Wisconsin learned about my hearing aids. Next thing I know, they contacted me. I turned them on to Corina and they bought them.

Eargo has done a great job of having two-minute videos to make sure you're taking care of them. I got an email a couple of days ago saying they wanna make sure I'm cleaning the wax out of my ears but they're doing it in a way that people don't feel offended. Eargo is doing a real good job of not only the marketing but also trying to get through the people that probably have said no to hearing aids.

I've already recommended 3 people to Eargo. I told my neighbor across the street to get the free one so she could see if it would fit, and it didn't. She has such small ear canals. It's a learning curve to know who can get it and who can't. There are a lot of people out there that really would like to have it. The fact that the law changed where you don't have to go through an audiologist to get beat up and hit over the head with the price is a major point. But Eargo could have something that is not $5,000 to $6,000 and put it where people can afford it and make it easy to use.

Eargo response

We work hard to keep your hearing loss under wraps! chEARs, John.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I had a significant hearing loss in my right ear and a mild to moderate hearing loss in my left ear. I’ve tried a hearing aid company that I had tried different models with me, the behind-the-ear which I absolutely despised. I had seen advertisements online for Eargo and the award that they had won. So, I started up by getting the non-functional pair of the original. When the time became right for me to monetarily afford them, I bought them and I’m extremely happy. I’ve noticed the big difference in my hearing. I went with the Eargo Neo for a couple of reasons. I’m a retired military so they gave me a discount. That was very nice. And I thought it would probably be in my best interest to get whatever is the newest model if I’m gonna spend the money.

The Eargo Neo is excellent. They’re working perfectly fine. The only thing which I wouldn’t even call a complaint is they don’t seem to hold a charge. I thought that they would be more charged throughout the day and hold out longer than they currently do. I would put them back in the little cradle, let them charge while I’m sleeping at night so when I get up, they got the four little dots on the charging cradle so that they’re fully charged. But in spite of being Eastern Time and I put them back in the cradle, they are only halfway charged. I would suggest a little bit longer battery life but maybe it’s just me getting used to them.

The only drawback that I have is this talking on the phone in my office. If I get the phone too close to my left ear, my hearing aid whistles a little bit. There are some people where I worked who are leaving the company, and I was going around and was saying goodbye to these people and a couple of the women that I wanted to say goodbye to or need to give them hugs. When they put their arms around me to hug me, one of the hearing aids whistled really loud. They asked what that was and I told them that was my hearing aid whistling. I almost attributed it to the fact that there was air pressure changing because of the contact near my ear which is similar to me tapping on my ear to change the level.

But other than that, I do a program 1 in the left ear and a program 2 in the right ear, and I don’t experience that ringing in my ear like I used to. I don’t notice it as much because I’m hearing better. Also, customer service has been awesome. I got a phone call from my ear professional and we discussed the usage of them after I received them, the functionality, and all the little different things that I needed to know.

It’s a very good deal for what I pay compared to other models that I’ve seen. My younger brother just got hearing aids, too, and he’s got a different model. I tried to get him to go with Eargo, and he’s like, “Well, I’ve already got mine.” I’m like, “So, take them back. Try these and you’ll see that there’s a difference.” I used to listen to music in my car at a certain volume level, and now I don’t have to listen to it that loud anymore. In fact, I found the setting not exactly that I need to have them set on based on my hearing loss so that I can sort of hear the same thing in both ears.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It was aggravating not hearing everything that I was supposed to hear. I work with automotive and there are sounds that people complain about. They would take you on a test drive and I would tell them I didn't hear anything. But they would hear something and it would get crazy. I had rigid hearing loss and it affected my ability to work and communicate at home. I've been married 40 years. It's not the time to start trying to break things up. But I never wore a hearing aid before and I did not wanna wear the ones that hang on the outside that make me look 90 years old. I called Eargo and the people were kind and really nice. They responded almost right away. They did not miss a phone call and they did not push me off. I got everything that I asked for, meeting within a timely manner, and we conducted business. I also received the product within a timely manner.

They advertised that I would have contact with the website though, and then it would have an app. I was under the impression the device would be adjustable on the app. But when I got to talking to the people, the app hasn't been developed yet and they weren’t quite sure what it was gonna do. That was the only thing that was a little aggravating. But the people didn’t lie to me to entice me and I made the decision myself to go ahead and give this thing a try. The 45-day trial was a nice enticement too.

I got it and when they called me and asked me how I was doing, I said I was fine. I'm pretty much a technician by trade so I figured everything out, including how to use it. You should also take care of the earpiece as a piece of machinery, which is what I'm used to doing anyway, so it's worked out really well. I like them a lot. This is really dangerous with the shower though. I've almost taken a shower three times with them. They fit so I don't know that they're in there, whereas although I'm not experienced with the outside piece, I would feel that all the time. So with these Eargo ones, I have to develop a routine and make sure I take them out. I have to be mindful that they're in the ear.

The only thing that’s really different about this is the adjustment of the volume. There are only four steps for the volume and you just slap in your ears. But that looks a little strange that people aren't getting much use of it. Other than that, I'm a little scared about the 3,000 miles then you throw them away but I'm gonna run it down the road to see how it goes. They've also told me that the app is almost there. I just want them to get it up and running. Nonetheless, I hear everything now. My wife’s favorite thing to yell is, “Do you have the ears on?” I would tell her I'm getting them then I put the ears in and we can have a conversation. I also can't see myself working without them now. I hear everything that’s going on and I hear when people are calling my name even in the shop when it's really busy.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo, Joseph. Happy hearing!

Original review: March 6, 2019

My Eargo hearing aids are wonderful. They have really made a difference. My hearing loss was mild to moderate. I didn't have so much trouble hearing people talk but I would frequently misunderstand the words. When someone would say "tree", I would think they said "three". Then when my husband would say something, I wouldn't hear all of that because one of his diseases causes him to be hoarse. I wouldn't hear it because it wouldn't be loud and clear enough.

After I started to wear the hearing aids, I realized how much more clearly I was hearing than I had been before. I didn't realize the degree that there was gonna be that difference. It was surprising to me. I can hear my feet when I walk across the floor on the carpet, and that's one of those noises you don't hear with your regular hearing even when it's good. There are also several other things that you just don't pay any attention to until you get really good hearing and then you notice and wonder, "What is that?" You have to run it down and you find out it's something that's been there forever. So I'm thoroughly delighted with my Eargo. It's an amazing device. I'm so pleased that I ran into the advertisement and decided to give them a try.

When I ran into Eargo's advertisement initially, I thought it sounded like it would be so convenient and easy to use. I wanted to at least to try them on a trial basis. So I contacted them and the more we talked, the more I decided. I was also pretty confident that if I could hear well enough, I would like one enough to keep them. They sent me a set and I wore them for about a month. But my ears got to where they were itching. I mentioned that to the audiologist who was assigned to me and she named some drops you can put on the little fibers. She said that I could try those and sent me a sample. I tried them and it worked. So I ordered some and started using that.

But when I went to the doctor for a regular check-up and she looked at my ears, she said both my ears were infected. So then I began to doubt. I thought it was the hearing aids and that I was not gonna be able to keep them. I had to stop using them for a couple of weeks. I took the medications from the doctor and cleared up the infection. On the follow-up visit, I asked if the hearing aids could have caused the infection and the doctor said no. She said that it was not the kind of infection that an exterior thing would have caused. It was a virus and when it gets in your ears, that gives you an ear infection. So that made my day.

I love my Eargo hearing aids. My audiologist also sent me the new tips, Palms, and I love them. I put them on and they don't bother my ears. I don't know they're in there. I can hear and adjust the sound. I also try to keep the hearing aids in as good condition as I can. I keep it cleaned regularly and charged, the filters changed and my ears as clean as possible. And they have not given me one minute of trouble of any kind. I'm just delighted with them.

Eargo response

We're thoroughly delighted with your comment, Norma. ChEARs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: July 9, 2019

I have partial hearing loss, and at age 52, I find it embarrassing to wear hearing aids. I looked for one that is very invisible since I didn't want anybody to see them and when I googled hearing aids, Eargo came up. I then looked at the reviews and they were all really good. I went for the highest model they had and their top-notch team helped me. I've had a good experience with them. I felt like the initial lady I visited with was very sympathetic to my hearing loss and then, the audiologist who called was more than willing to help in any way she could as well.

There's a bit of a transition when you start wearing the hearing aids, to get acclimated to them. It took me a little bit, but once I started wearing them on a regular basis, all that stuff went away as far as my sensitivity and just being able to hear things. Now, I can hear people talking behind me. It used to be that they better be looking at me or I'm not gonna be able to hear what they're saying. I'm also not having my family repeat themselves as much and I think they appreciate it too. I would recommend Eargo. I'm gonna try to get my dad to get a set because it works so well.

Eargo response

This is a top-notch comment, Greg. We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Eargo seemed like it was something that was more beneficial to me. I had hearing aids that the VA gave me but all those did was increase the volume of everything with noise. When I tried Eargo, it seemed like I hear what I wanna hear, not the volume of everything around me. It was very expensive, but I was willing to try something that would increase my hearing and I went with the Eargo Max.

My hearing seems to have improved but I was having all kinds of problems. I had to go try to re-increase or decrease the volume that I could hear from it. I would try them again and see what is best. Also, I had problems with the left-side hearing aid that it wouldn’t fully charge. I spoke to a tech and she gave me several different pointers on what to do. She was very thorough in telling me exactly what I should do with it to see if that would work. She said to charge for a little longer and see what would happen which I did. When I checked them again, it showed full charge on both of them.

Eargo response

Thank you for your service, Teodoro. We're happy to hear our hearing professionals were able to help guide you to get back to hearing life to the fullest. If questions come up, they're all ears to help yours.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I’m very pleased with Eargo and with everyone that I’ve dealt with so far. My interactions with the rep, Natalie, were excellent, and I’ve also had a couple of interactions with different people that have both been very positive. They were very responsive to my needs. I went with the Neo, which addressed my hearing needs the best. Although the price was an issue, the size and the ability to put it in my ear with nothing showing was a big positive. I have mild to moderate hearing loss and I had trouble understanding some people talking, but I don’t find that to be a problem now. I wear my hearing aids for about 8 to 12 hours a day and it's excellent. I’m very satisfied with my Eargo experience and I would certainly choose them again.

Eargo response

We're very pleased with your comment, Douglas. Happy hearing!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I got the Eargo Neo as it was the best they had to offer. I'm still in the trial period. But so far, I like it. The customer service they have is excellent, with their knowledge of the product and their ability to answer my questions and concerns. However, a lot of their instructional material, is online. They give you the various links, and people who use the product may not be as computer-savvy as someone who's younger. And younger people are not using this product for the most part. This is a product that appeals to someone who has hearing loss, which is usually found in the senior citizen set. So, my suggestion would be that they print up some of this material and send it to customers.

Eargo response

Thank you for your suggestions, Robert, and for sharing your excellent Eargo experience. In addition to our online guides, our Personal Hearing Professionals are hEAR for you to answer any questions or provide support (technical or otherwise). ChEARs!!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I have moderate hearing loss and it has affected me in my job. I could not sit in meetings and things like that and be able to participate. I like Eargo's new technology they had come out with and them being recognized by a magazine that rated them as a top new invention coming out. I liked that and the idea of the in-the-ear system.

Customer service was outstanding. The first lady that I talked to when I placed the order was so pleasant and outstanding. She dealt with me on this thing and was able to help me get through. My payment was made with an HFA card and all that got taken care of exactly the way it needs to be done. I was fortunate that time that I got them, they had a $200 rebate that was actually there. There’s a $200 rebate and then there was also an extra year of warranty that was given, so I have a two-year warranty on these. That was a real pleasure to me, to think that I have that available to me.

The shipment was dropped off by UPS at the wrong home. Instantly, Eargo tried to track this thing down and figure out what was going on. They said they would get another set out to me. I, fortunately, went down to the neighbors quarter of a mile and found out that the UPS dropped it off at the wrong home. I talked to Eargo and told them what I did and how I got it. They said, “Great, and hope you start enjoying them.”

After that, I talked to the audiologist two weeks later and she walked me through everything. The audiologist was very good to me. She said she would be there for me if I need anything and she answered my questions. I’ve been just moving right along with them. They have been outstanding for me. I'm not feeling the irritation in my ear and I am able to participate in meetings now. The only annoying thing, and it’s not their problem, is putting a phone up to my ear and it wants to buzz before and after the call. But during the call, I hear everything fine. Other than that, I love everything about them. I like their wireless technology and recharging. I’m pleased with it, with the value that I got, and the price that I had to pay.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest, David!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I first went to Miracle-Ear and they gave me a ridiculous price. Then, I went online and saw Eargo. It was totally different. They have a much cheaper price and I didn’t have to have it behind my ear, so I was very excited to hear that. I went with the Neo which was supposed to be the best model and it has been great so far. It's helping me and I hear better. Also, everything was very professional. I was really happy and I would recommend Eargo to anybody else. It’s very good quality at a pretty good cost.

Eargo response

Did you know Eargo costs about 52% less than the average traditional hearing aid? We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Rene!

Original review: June 30, 2019

I was not able to pick up the fine tunes in conversation. I'd lose letters and not understand words. I searched around and felt that Eargo checked off all the boxes that I was looking for. I got the Neo, the expensive one, as I like going with the latest and greatest and didn’t consider price. I only considered what I felt was right for me. I love the devices. I returned them though and Eargo should receive them today.

I have nothing against the company or the product. I received a lot of feedback when talking on the cellphone or the regular phone and they made incredible attempts to fix it for me. They were terrific. I've had several interactions with the different levels of their customer service, from the reps answering the phone when I call their 800 number to their audio technicians calling me back to help me with my issue. Every single one of them has been polite, knowledgeable and friendly. I feel good and comfortable with my interactions with them. Eargo is a great company. I would recommend them to anybody that has a need for a hearing aid.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience, Paul. We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo!

Original review: June 29, 2019

I had about 70% hearing loss and I've had hearing aids before, but I lost one of them one day when I was out recreating. I wear glasses and I'm an active guy, so I wanted to go with in-the-ear hearing aids. I was investigating the options and I chose Eargo, but unfortunately, I have very small ear canals and I didn't realize how small until I tried to put something in them. I had to return the hearing aids but when I had them, I liked the clarity and because I've had behind-the-ear hearing aids, I also liked the directionality. One of the things I really appreciated is I could tell where sounds came from, like if the noise came from behind.

I'm going through the refund process now and it has been very good. They were slow at first, but I think it was because of the holiday. The whole experience was over the top. I was more impressed with the staff and the whole thing than any other part. The hearing aid was great too, but the people made the experience really good. The people of Eargo were so responsive and polite, cooperative, and informative. Every step of the way that I had to deal with somebody, even when I had to return the hearing aids, it was all done very professionally. The customer service was above most other companies that I've dealt with regardless of hearing aids. It seemed like there was a real effort with all the staff and that customer service and customer satisfaction were primary goals.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Ed. While every human being is unique …it turns out the size of our ear canals is not. So Eargo’s patented, soft-as-silk (well, medical-grade silicone) Flexi Fibers and Palms come in two sizes: Regular and Large. Our Regular size is going to be the right fit for about 90% of ears out there. We hope you find a hearing solution that meets your needs.

Original review: June 25, 2019

My audiologist said that I had partial hearing loss. I could hear, but if I wasn’t paying close attention, I might not get the message correctly. I had Nanos before and it kept falling out of my ear. My interaction with Eargo's rep was absolutely excellent. I liked her. She was very good. Plus, I enjoyed my conversations with everyone I’ve spoken to there.

The Eargo hearing aids are horrendously expensive. And the audiologist tried to talk me into the $6,000 ones and that would have been outrageous. Compared to the Nanos though, Eargo's product is better at the noise filtering aspect. I got the top-of-the-line from Eargo. I don’t like its price but it stays in. I took advantage of their trial where I could test it for fit and it worked perfectly well for me. It seems to solve the problem although it may take some adjusting.

I like the idea that I can change the setting with a tap to the ear, but when I’m driving in the car, the adjustment happens automatically with the air coming in through the window and it gets a little irritating. I understand why that happens, given the air pressure, but sometimes I like to drive with the windows open. I'm very satisfied with Eargo.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Robert! Please call your hearing professional with questions about how our modern hearing aids can help you hear life to the fullest. They're all ears to help yours.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I struggled to hear and even driving my truck or in my house, there were faint noises that I didn’t hear. I also listen to the radio, my computer and my phone a lot lower. So far, my Eargo hearing aids are doing well but we're struggling with my right ear. My canal is a little bit different and I was fighting that. I figured out in the last couple of days a different way to put it in. It doesn't set in as nice as my left ear does, but it seems to be working good now.

My wife did the research when we chose Eargo. If I had to pay thousands of dollars, right now, in our budget, I couldn't do it but with tax and everything, it was 2,700. Also, I like the idea that I'm not messing around with batteries. I got an in-ear style. My wife chose it but she just talked to the people from Eargo and they made some suggestions based on what I’m dealing with. The sales and customer service team was super. Everybody we’ve talked to, the follow-up and everything was great. The performance and functionality of my hearing aid is excellent. My son got married on Friday and there was a wedding dance. There were all kinds of people and I hear some of my friends that have hearing aids complain that they have to take them off. It drives them buggy. I didn't have any of that. It has been really good.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your Eargo experience, Paul. every moment. Congratulations on your son's marriage! We're happy you were able to hear We'd suggest getting back in touch with your hearing professional for any questions that come up around placing Eargo in your ear and charging tips. They're all ears to help yours.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My experience with Eargo so far has been nothing but fantastic. I have selective hearing. I had my hearing tested and I have a very slight loss when it comes to female voices and certain letter combinations. I saw some information about Eargo and I did due diligence. Their product sounded like a wonderful thing and so I bought it.

Their customer service has been outstanding. I had a problem with the right earbud and they told me to send them the whole thing and they would give me a new one. They also extended my time to return the earbuds. A customer gets 45 days, and they extended it to a couple of weeks. Not that I have any intent of returning the items, but it’s awfully nice that they’re accommodating. I don’t really wear the earbuds that much, and I save them for when I’m in a group of people. But based on what I’m hearing, I put them on and it’s fine. It’s an honest product that’s priced fairly. Eargo does a good job. They do what you would expect any reputable, good company to do which, to me, is very hard to find. You get really good customer service and a product that works and it’s honest. They’re fabulous.

Eargo response

This comment is fabulous, Daniel. We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo.

Original review: June 13, 2019

After a lot of research, I decided to purchase Eargo Plus aids in December 2017. They are packaged well and were comfortable to wear. They greatly improved my hearing. However, problems began quickly. Within three months, the right aid had a very low volume. Still under warranty, so cross shipped for a replacement unit. Few months later, left unit had the same problem. Again, replaced under warranty. Each aid failed two more times within the warranty period and were replaced. Charger failed and was replaced under warranty once.

Right aid failed just after warranty expired. $399 quoted to replace it. Didn't have money and elected to only use the left aid. 16 months after purchase (4 months after warranty expiration), the left aid failed. $399 quoted to replace. I was very meticulous about cleaning them and charging them and changing the wax guards, etc. Here are my concerns:

- Were the original aids I received even new units? Or, were they refurbished?
- Is Eargo's business model to make income from purchasers through repairs?
- While the initial purchase price is attractive, if they only last a year, they are quite expensive.

- My daughter wears over the ear hearing aids; her aids last her for 6 to 7 years!

I read a couple of reviews like mine above before I purchased them. Now, I wish I had heeded them. I thought I was smarter than these other Eargo purchasers. Buyer beware! They do not last.

Eargo response

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Howard. While we’re certainly sorry to learn about your Eargo experience, our team was glad we were able to replace your devices under warranty and to provide additional counseling about the scheduling maintenance our modern hearing aids require, as they are a technological device. We would suggest getting in touch with your Personal Hearing Professional so we can analyze your devices and provide an analysis report around any issues with your devices.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I had hearing aids before I contacted Eargo but I wasn't completely satisfied with those. Eargo's reps bent over backwards to help me and make sure that I was satisfied. I then got their Plus hearing aids because they set into the ear and didn't block, whereas with the other hearing aids, I could hear myself more than I could hear other people. Having Eargo now, I can hear better and I don't get the feedback that I did with my other ones. It's a good product. I also like the idea of being able to charge them rather than to put batteries on them all the time. Plus, it's about 1,500 cheaper than my other hearing aids.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I'm on my 3rd pair in 55 days. When they work I like them. The first pair the battery charger went bad. The second pair, one unit had a clicking noise that started when you first put them in and eventually stopped. I'm hoping the 3rd pair lasts longer.

Eargo response

Thank you for your comment, John. Our goal with any customer is to help them hear life to the fullest, and we’re sorry to hear about the disruptions you’ve experienced. While we certainly wish these instances did not occur, we’re proud to provide professional support alongside our warranty to ensure our customers are cared for as issues arise. Your Personal Hearing Professional let us know your devices are with us and being analyzed in our lab, and the information on both should be available for your review in the coming weeks. We would suggest getting in touch with our Client Care team to check in on the status of these reports, or to talk through any questions you may have with your Personal Hearing Professional.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My husband read about Eargo and it seemed like an easier approach than having to go through a doctor's office, which I had done before, and I didn't like the product. The Eargo was smaller and it has no batteries. Its quality is totally worth the cost, too. The only thing is that they kept slipping out a little bit, but they didn't ever fall out and they didn't stay logged in. The second pair I tried stayed in a little better. It has a shorter body to it. I would've kept them if they would've worked.

I have a weird sort of hearing loss, a cookie bite hearing loss, which is really different than most of the people that get Eargos. The audiologist from Eargo was kind enough to try lots of different settings on one pair, and she sent me another pair to try. And then, when I finally sent her my audiology report from a few years ago, she understood why it wasn't working. She was honest and service-minded enough to let me know these aren't really designed for that kind of hearing loss and to try Costco, which I did. I think extremely highly of Eargo because of their integrity. They refunded everything on the products that I tried. The service was outstanding from the beginning to end. I just unfortunately couldn't use it.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest with Eargo Max, Meg. We'd suggest giving your hearing professional a call at 1-800-375-8058 to learn about how to properly place Eargo or watch our helpful guides.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I love Eargo. Before contacting them, it has been eight years of frustration from my partial hearing loss. I have had three audiologist and hearing aids made by another company. I saw Eargo's ad on the tennis channel and they looked like they might work. I had a device similar that goes all the way into the ear canal once before, but I couldn't stand it because I could hear myself chew. This Eargo was designed with these little feathers on the sides, not solid, and I thought maybe that would get rid of the chewing noise, and I don't hear myself chew.

Eargo is a good product for a good price, and it's a lot better than what I had, which were more expensive. The hearing aids has a nice feature such that they can be lowered when you're in a crowded, noisy environment, and they can be bumped up to level four when you're at a lecture. I still sit in the front row wherever I go so that I have my best possible chance, but I'm doing better than I've ever done. The other nice thing about the hearing aids is that when you take them off at night, you put them in your little case then attach the case to the wire and it's plugged in. When you wake up in the morning, they're all charged up and you just pop them back in.

Eargo also send out regular emails and remind me to clean the hearing aids, which I don't need to be reminded of since I'm a veteran. But I really applaud their instructional videos. They're very thorough and quite careful. There's no one in our area who services Eargo, though. And I have asked them several times about a couple of things, like if I can charge these in the car with a 12-volt charger, and they weren't able to give me definite answers. But that's okay. I can hear a lot better than I used to and that's worth a lot. My husband doesn't ask me to quit asking him the same question all the time. When you can't hear, you're always going, "What? What? What?" and that drove him nuts. So, he's much happier now. I've already recommended Eargo to a friend and I recommend them to everyone I know who wears hearing aids.

Eargo response

We love this comment. Happy hearing, Lloyd!

Original review: June 9, 2019

A friend of mine told me about Eargo and I did some research online and decided to give them a try. I like the size of it and the reps all did a very good job when I dealt with them. I wasn’t sold on them until I got the chance to try them. With the other hearing devices, you can hear the amplified sound but you can’t tell which direction it’s coming from. With the way Eargo is made, I can determine the direction.

Eargo response

Seeing (or not) is believing when it comes to our modern hearing aids. Three chEARs to your friend for their recommendation!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I wasn't hearing well and I wasn't understanding what people were saying. I have a friend who has Eargo and seems to like it. I got the Neo from Eargo and I'm still getting used to it and how to get them in and out easily. It's good. I'm hearing the highest more than I did before. Eargo's reps were fine. Jennifer spoke to me and she was very helpful and very nice. And with its quality, I'd rate Eargo very high. I hear a lot better with them. I'm really comfortable about the way they go in your ear.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Richard!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I first chose Nano because they were cheap, but they were not worth what the little bit that we paid for them. We ended up sending them back because they were so horrible. I saw Eargo and it just sounded so right, because it’s like my husband could get air around the little filament in there and it’s a whole different ball game. He didn’t hear a lot of sounds. We could not carry on a conversation. He basically lives in a silent world and was not himself. He’s a new person since he started using the Eargo.

The team at Eargo is wonderful. They have been very knowledgeable and very patient. They’ve asked all the right questions. We’re very happy with them. When they called after he got his hearing aids, they asked us, and then they asked if we had questions which we didn’t because they covered it so thoroughly. When he had the Nano, he hated wearing them. But he puts his Eargo in first thing every morning and takes them out last thing every night. He has to use the Bluetooth with his work so he just wears one hearing aid while he’s at work. We wish they were smartphone compatible but we love them. As soon as we get those paid off, I’m gonna get some.

Eargo response

We're happy your husband is hearing - and living - life to the fullest, Cindy.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I purchased the Eargo Max hearing aids one year ago. I am pleased with them, but very concerned that the right Eargo has now been replaced 3 times. That means it has lasted about 4 months each time. Now that my warranty has run out, I am afraid I will have to pay for a replacement in 4 months.

Eargo response

Hi Garry, thank you for your comment. We're happy you're hearing more of life with our hearing aids, and appreciate that you have been in touch with your Personal Hearing Professional to learn more about the issue you're experiencing. She emailed a report that speaks to your analyzed devices and is planning to follow up with a phone call (if she hasn't already given you a ring). She's available to talk through the results. Or, you can email our team with any questions.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have moderate hearing loss. I was unhappy with the fit of the first hearing aid that I tried. I chose Eargo as my second and it made very little improvement for me. I chose the Eargo hearing aid model based on the conversations I had with Eargo and the recommendations. It seemed like it would fit for me. But one of the things that the hearing-aid industry has convinced people about is that hearing aids are gonna help with tinnitus and I believe it's a line of ** just to sell hearing aids because the explanation they give is nonsensical. Over the period of time that I've worn them a couple months, trying to figure out if it is gonna make a difference to me, it has done absolutely nothing. Funny enough, I talked to a buddy of mine who has had hearing aids for 20 years and his tinnitus has not changed one bit.

The major problem that I have is the tinnitus and my ear, nose, and throat doctor told me to look in the hearing aids. I looked at it simply. The addition of the hearing aid neither adds nor subtracts from my life. My wife and I don't think it increased my hearing enough to make a darn bit of difference. I put myself in a crowded room or in some certain environments like driving in my car, and the background noise is so loud. I couldn't even participate in the conversation in the car or in a crowded room. And so, with all the negatives associated with it, it was not even worth it.

Also, once you take the hearing aids out, inevitably, you're gonna lose one. They're so small. What I loved about them is they were nice and they fit good. But once you take them out, you put them in your pocket, then you're just asking to drop $500 on the street somewhere. Other than that, everybody at Eargo was fine. I was surprised when I said I was unhappy and then I wanted to send the hearing aids back. They were absolutely kind about sending them back immediately, so I just did.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Randy. We hear you when it comes to tinnitus. For those reading who have similar questions, please know our comfortable, nearly-invisible device was designed for adults experiencing mild to moderate, high-frequency hearing loss and we cannot offer assurance it will provide relief from tinnitus. Please reach out to your Personal Hearing Professional should any questions come up.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I could hear things but it's not real good. When I would go with my boys, we would be sitting beside each other and they would hear something and I wouldn't. The first hearing aid company I went to was a mom-and-pop type of operation. They got two hearing aids at $1,500 each. Then I went to Miracle-Ear for a better product. They were expensive. Then they went to a modern one. I got those and I lost one. I had to buy the other one, and I was a little upset 'cause I spent $6,000 for those two. I had to get a loan to do that. So I started checking out different products in the magazines, and I got the ones that were battery type. You just charge them in but they were kinda huge. All of them were the type that you fit over your ear and that's why I lost one and have all kinds of trouble with them.

There was an Eargo ad on the TV that my wife and I were looking at. I said, "Let me just call to see how are these going or how much." When I called Eargo, I got a guy who was very helpful. I'm not a computer person, but he worked with me on the phone, and we got that done. I was going broke on buying hearing aids but I was surprised with the cost. I thought maybe they're gonna be not as expensive as Miracle-Ear, which they're not, but still a price where I have to have finance help. I didn't have the cash to pay for them. But to get the deal done, I went for 12 payments with no interest.

The first thing I like is it's not hanging over my ear. I got them last month and I do notice a better hearing. I'm still trying to get used to them 'cause like today, I found that my left ear, I don't think I was putting them in right because it was sticking out. Now, my left ear is in real good, but I still can't push my right ear in. There are a couple of things I don't know. I still don't know if I'm doing something right. Sometimes, when I put the hearing aid into the case, red lights come on and I get scared. So I take it out and I wait for a few minutes then I put it back in. Then it will start looking for the program that I have it in. I just don't know what that means and what I'm doing wrong when the red lights come on.

The other thing is the other day, I was driving. With the other hearing aids over here, you can't drive with the window down. I heard my left ear change program. The only thing I can think of was it was the wind that changed the program. I'm still figuring them out but I love my Eargo hearing aids. I haven't received anything to make a payment and I'm getting a little nervous but it hasn't been quite a whole month yet.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Daniel. We'd suggest giving your hearing professional a call with any questions about how our modern hearing aids can help you hear life to the fullest. They're all ears to help yours at 1-800-375-8058.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had ordered a sample from Eargo before. They had sent me the sample but it was just the ones that went into ear. There was no electric thing with them. I tried them but later on, I went and got the ones behind the ear. I didn't like them 'cause I want the ones in the ear and I had to use them in a battery. I had tried Eargo before and thought I'd go ahead and get them. The customer service team at Eargo has been wonderful. They were courteous, asked some more questions and kept checking up on me. Eargo works for us. I can hear my preacher and my son's school teacher better. To anybody that needs hearing aids, get Eargo 'cause what I found out is they're the best. It's worth spending your money on.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Linda. We're happy you're hearing life in full, technicolor sound!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Initially my Eargo hearing aids was good. But within the first week, one of the hearing aids broke. Also if there’s a crowd and background talking, I can’t hear well with the hearing aids. I have the volume of the TV high. But Eargo was very responsive to my needs. Glenn was very informative. He was the first person that I dealt with and I was happy with the way he dealt with me. Other than that, also Jim, who they transferred me to when I had the problem, was willing to give me, free of charge, an upgrade. But like my wife and I discussed, what’s the value of that? If the system broke in the first week, what reliability would I have? So that’s why we decided to send it back. $1,700 was a lot of money, but it turned out that it was worthwhile at that point. Eargo is not bad, just make sure that the product works because I’m not happy with the product itself.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Joseph. We’re happy to hear our team was responsive to your needs. It’s important to note each purchase of an Eargo device comes with a 45-day easy return policy so clients can return their devices, no questions asked. Purchasing Eargo also provides customers with a one-year warranty. Our Client Care team would be happy to discuss the issues you experienced with your device, and why we offered the option to upgrade. They can be reached via phone or email. We hope you find a hearing solution that meets your needs.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I bought the Eargo Plus almost a year ago. The ear fibers were too small and they only make two sizes. I called and asked for a larger size and was told, "Sorry. That's all we have". Then they came out with the new flat fibers. I called again and asked for a set of those, and again, "Sorry. They only come with the new Eargo". Come on. I buy a $2,000 set of hearing aids and they can't sent me 25 cents worth of flat fibers. I cannot wear them, they fall out of my ear and they are worthless, just like their service department.

Eargo Company Information