4.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Eargo Video
Eargo Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Eargo sells three hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with severe hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate hearing loss.

PROS

• Nearly invisible
  • Licensed, professional support
  • Front sound amplification
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

CONS

• Not for severe hearing loss

Top Eargo Reviews

02/27/2019

I have moderate hearing loss in the high frequencies. After checking at least a dozen companies, I decided to purchase from Eargo and I have been very pleased. [They called] me to make sure it was working and that I was getting used to [the device]. I also had direct contact with the audiologist.

03/30/2019

I couldn't hear [background noises] and female voices are soft and I had difficulty hearing them. I bought the Max and I like them really well. The interaction with the customer service team was excellent. I like the style of the hearing aids because they're almost invisible. You get a good look and it's so easy to adjust the volume.

Eargo hearing aids

Eargo sells hearing aid devices for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss. All models feature four sound profiles that are easy to save or switch between for the user. Unlike typical behind-the-ear hearing aids, Eargo’s devices are nearly invisible and amplify sound in front of you rather than behind you.

Eargo's open-fit hearing aids feature silicone Flexi fibers that allow for increased airflow, letting frequencies pass more easily into your ear and giving you more natural sound amplification. The Flexi fibers also prevent the plugging sensation commonly felt when using traditional plastic hearing aids.

There are three Eargo hearing aid models:

• EargoPlus is Eargo’s starter hearing aid and their most affordable option. Marketed as ideal for first-time hearing aid users, the Eargo Plus model is an open-fit device.
  • Eargo Max, Eargo’s mid-tier option, provides a sound amplification boost with improved noise reduction. Equipped with similar specs as the Eargo Plus, the Eargo Max model features better sound quality, state-of-the-art Flexi fibers (the “Flexi Dome”) and advanced sound profile memory that includes voice indicators.
  • Eargo Neo is Eargo’s top-tier device and features Flexi Fibers called “Flexi Palms.” Eargo Neo provides the highest level of noise amplification and reduction of all the Eargo products. The Neo device is controllable through Eargo’s mobile or web app, making it easier to adjust to your settings. You can also request an Eargo Hearing Professional to help you find your perfect sound settings via the mobile app.

The devices are all rechargeable, and purchase includes a charging case that allows you to charge your Flexis on the go, allowing you to go days without ever having to plug into a wall.

Each model has different specifications including dimensions and feel and performance. Compare each of Eargo’s models using the chart below.

ModelEargo PlusEargo MaxEargo Neo
DimensionsL-18.4mm / H-9.4mm / W-6.8mmL-18.4mm / H-9.4mm / W-6.8mmL-19.3mm / H-6.8mm / W-12mm
Weight1.1g1.1g1.2g
GainMaximum output 110dB SPLMaximum output 110dB SPLMaximum output 111dB SPL
Noise reductionUp to 12dB gain reductionUp to 12dB gain reductionUp to 17dB gain reduction
Wind noise reductionN/AUp to 14dB gain reductionUp to 13dB gain reduction

Eargo prices

Eargo costs anywhere from $1,650 to $2,750, the total price of the hearing aids will depend on the model selected. Prices are for two hearing aids and include a charger, plus extra flexis and wax guards. Financing is available and Eargo offers a 10% military discount.

ModelPriceMonthly financing
Eargo Plus$1,650/pairStarts at $77
Eargo Max$2,150/pairStarts at $100
Eargo Neo$2,750/pairStarts at $127

How to buy Eargo hearing aids

Eargo products are designed for individuals experiencing mild to moderate hearing loss. Because they’re not designed to address severe impairment, a hearing test or prescription is not required to purchase Eargo hearing aids. Simply log on to the website or call Eargo directly to purchase your preferred device. You can also try Eargo in person at b8ta stores available in select locations.

In addition to three hearing aid models, Eargo sells replacement Flexis, replacement wax guards and chargers on their website.

Eargo staffs a team of personal hearing professionals (PHPs) that can help you evaluate their products and guide to toward the right selection for your hearing needs. Access to a PHP continues after purchase, for as long as you use the device. These professionals can help you the fit and feel of your device, settings, and any questions that come up along the way.After purchase, your PHP will set up a welcome call to help you get started.

Eargo Q&A

Will my insurance cover my Eargo hearing aid?

Possibly. Eargo does not provide insurance reimbursements, so you’ll need to check with your insurance company in advance to see if you qualify for coverage.

What is Eargo’s return policy?

If you’re not satisfied, you can return your Eargo hearing device or any unopened accessories within 45 days for a refund. A $99 handling fee will be applied.

How long do Eargo batteries last?

Eargo batteries are rechargeable, and a charger is included in the price of purchasing the hearing aids. A fully charged battery should last for 16 hours.

Do Eargo hearing aids help with tinnitus?

While Eargo hearing aids were not created to treat tinnitus, hearing aids may help reduce symptoms. According to Eargo, some users have reported a decline in tinnitus perception after wearing the devices.

Do we recommend Eargo hearing aids?

If you or a loved one is suffering from mild to moderate hearing loss, Eargo devices may be a great option. Their simplified ordering process cuts out the middleman and makes for a straightforward experience. Eargo also provides Personal Hearing Professionals that are on call to help you with any questions that arise before, during and after your purchase.

38 Eargo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had difficulty in crowds, low talking people, and female voices. The background noise interfered. I went with Eargo's Neo. It is the newest and the best technology within Eargo. It may even be the best technology out there. It is smaller and longer charged. I like the engineering and the idea of not amplifying lower frequency sounds and letting them pass through passively. However, the prices of Eargo hearing aids aren't cheap. 2,500 bucks is still a lot of money, but when I talk to people, there is quite a difference.

I asked how long I would expect the hearing aid to last and work efficiently when I was talking with a hearing specialist and she was very straightforward and honest. They have been very helpful. They could've said, "Well, they'll last as long as you take care of them." But the rep was realistic and said three to four years and I am gonna want another set then. They were very well-educated, well informed and very pleasant.

The Eargo hearing aids certainly make it easier to hear things. My wife and my friends that spend time in my house say, "I didn't know the TV was on. Usually, the TV is so loud." I don't play it as loud as I did. My hearing has increased very dramatically. There was a sizzle or a metallic sound at first, but as I wear the hearing aids, my brain adjusts to it. One of the things I noticed when I first put them in everyday, everything sounds kinda tinny. But after an hour or so it goes. I thought the battery was running down, but the audiology specialist said that she has been wearing hearing aids since she was young and she said it still occurs with her. She adjusts so much quicker now. For her, it is a matter of minutes. She said, "Just keep wearing them and eventually, that time period just gets shorter and shorter." She was very supportive.

I'd say others should look at Eargo if they need hearing aids. A friend of mine got hearing aids last year and he got them through regular people and audiology. He paid around 7,000 for his hearing aids, but when he saw mine, he said, "I thought mine were cutting edge. Yours is so small. People don't even know you're wearing them, unless you point it out.” I recommend Eargo. It would be a mistake if others didn't at least give them a shot.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo, James! Did you know Eargo costs about 52% less than the average traditional hearing aid?

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It was aggravating not hearing everything that I was supposed to hear. I work with automotive and there are sounds that people complain about. They would take you on a test drive and I would tell them I didn't hear anything. But they would hear something and it would get crazy. I had rigid hearing loss and it affected my ability to work and communicate at home. I've been married 40 years. It's not the time to start trying to break things up. But I never wore a hearing aid before and I did not wanna wear the ones that hang on the outside that make me look 90 years old. I called Eargo and the people were kind and really nice. They responded almost right away. They did not miss a phone call and they did not push me off. I got everything that I asked for, meeting within a timely manner, and we conducted business. I also received the product within a timely manner.

They advertised that I would have contact with the website though, and then it would have an app. I was under the impression the device would be adjustable on the app. But when I got to talking to the people, the app hasn't been developed yet and they weren’t quite sure what it was gonna do. That was the only thing that was a little aggravating. But the people didn’t lie to me to entice me and I made the decision myself to go ahead and give this thing a try. The 45-day trial was a nice enticement too.

I got it and when they called me and asked me how I was doing, I said I was fine. I'm pretty much a technician by trade so I figured everything out, including how to use it. You should also take care of the earpiece as a piece of machinery, which is what I'm used to doing anyway, so it's worked out really well. I like them a lot. This is really dangerous with the shower though. I've almost taken a shower three times with them. They fit so I don't know that they're in there, whereas although I'm not experienced with the outside piece, I would feel that all the time. So with these Eargo ones, I have to develop a routine and make sure I take them out. I have to be mindful that they're in the ear.

The only thing that’s really different about this is the adjustment of the volume. There are only four steps for the volume and you just slap in your ears. But that looks a little strange that people aren't getting much use of it. Other than that, I'm a little scared about the 3,000 miles then you throw them away but I'm gonna run it down the road to see how it goes. They've also told me that the app is almost there. I just want them to get it up and running. Nonetheless, I hear everything now. My wife’s favorite thing to yell is, “Do you have the ears on?” I would tell her I'm getting them then I put the ears in and we can have a conversation. I also can't see myself working without them now. I hear everything that’s going on and I hear when people are calling my name even in the shop when it's really busy.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo, Joseph. Happy hearing!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My hearing loss was partial. I had no trouble on the phone or with people. But I've had a test with an audiologist and discovered that the part of my hearing that is not there is the very high pitches. Apparently that's what this Eargo product is really good at so it was a good step. I chose Eargo because of their website, advertisement, feedback and response. Their customer service is very good. They have all the answers and are very good at explaining what the product is. I realized the product is not a hearing aid. But it has all the things I want. It's rechargeable and it's concealed. Unfortunately, really good hearing aids are not there yet. So we're waiting for that to evolve. In-ear hearing aids are not rechargeable. You have to deal with a battery thing. If you wear a behind-the-ear kind of box, those are rechargeable. So the technology that Eargo has is cutting edge.

I spoke to their audiologist a couple of times about minor things and differences between different models that Eargo has. I started with a Plus and then I went to the Neo, and that's another thing. Two weeks after I had bought the Plus, they came out with an upgrade and they were nice enough to take my original set back, send me the upgrade and let me pay the difference in the price. But they're expensive. I'm sure there's a lot of R&D that went into them and there is a lot of behind the scenes cost. But it's $2,500 for amplifiers and they are not even really hearing aids. That's a lot when you think that for about twice the price, you can get a real hearing aid.

It is not a substitute for a hearing aid. It's a bridge between nothing and the hearing aid. I'm sure that as the years go by and my body gets older, I'm gonna actually need a real hearing aid. But it works for me at this particular point. I can listen to the TV at a lower volume now. I'm not saying "What?" to everybody all the time. My good friends know the difference when I'm wearing them and when I'm not. Also, having used the Plus also for a couple of weeks, I can say the Neo seems to be a little more responsive. It has a little better amplification. Also, if I lose these or if these break, I don't have to pay the $2,500 to get a new pair. Eargo will sell me a new pair because I'm a previous customer for a reduced rate. I think it's around $350. They make everything easy for the consumer.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Class I, FDA-regulated hearing aids, John. We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest with Eargo!

Original review: March 6, 2019

My Eargo hearing aids are wonderful. They have really made a difference. My hearing loss was mild to moderate. I didn't have so much trouble hearing people talk but I would frequently misunderstand the words. When someone would say "tree", I would think they said "three". Then when my husband would say something, I wouldn't hear all of that because one of his diseases causes him to be hoarse. I wouldn't hear it because it wouldn't be loud and clear enough.

After I started to wear the hearing aids, I realized how much more clearly I was hearing than I had been before. I didn't realize the degree that there was gonna be that difference. It was surprising to me. I can hear my feet when I walk across the floor on the carpet, and that's one of those noises you don't hear with your regular hearing even when it's good. There are also several other things that you just don't pay any attention to until you get really good hearing and then you notice and wonder, "What is that?" You have to run it down and you find out it's something that's been there forever. So I'm thoroughly delighted with my Eargo. It's an amazing device. I'm so pleased that I ran into the advertisement and decided to give them a try.

When I ran into Eargo's advertisement initially, I thought it sounded like it would be so convenient and easy to use. I wanted to at least to try them on a trial basis. So I contacted them and the more we talked, the more I decided. I was also pretty confident that if I could hear well enough, I would like one enough to keep them. They sent me a set and I wore them for about a month. But my ears got to where they were itching. I mentioned that to the audiologist who was assigned to me and she named some drops you can put on the little fibers. She said that I could try those and sent me a sample. I tried them and it worked. So I ordered some and started using that.

But when I went to the doctor for a regular check-up and she looked at my ears, she said both my ears were infected. So then I began to doubt. I thought it was the hearing aids and that I was not gonna be able to keep them. I had to stop using them for a couple of weeks. I took the medications from the doctor and cleared up the infection. On the follow-up visit, I asked if the hearing aids could have caused the infection and the doctor said no. She said that it was not the kind of infection that an exterior thing would have caused. It was a virus and when it gets in your ears, that gives you an ear infection. So that made my day.

I love my Eargo hearing aids. My audiologist also sent me the new tips, Palms, and I love them. I put them on and they don't bother my ears. I don't know they're in there. I can hear and adjust the sound. I also try to keep the hearing aids in as good condition as I can. I keep it cleaned regularly and charged, the filters changed and my ears as clean as possible. And they have not given me one minute of trouble of any kind. I'm just delighted with them.

Eargo response

We're thoroughly delighted with your comment, Norma. ChEARs!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have a minor hearing loss and before, I had some hearing aids from AccuQuest. They're local and because of that, I could go back over there and they make adjustments to the hearing aids. For a while, the hearing aids were all right but eventually, my warranty ran out and they weren't working properly. They're junk and they put me off until after the warranty was up. So, I switched to Eargo's. I'm from Raleigh and they have no one in Raleigh area, so I purchased them all by telephone. They're great and I love them.

The original hearing aids I got from Eargo worked fine but they just wouldn't keep working. So, I got my second pair and I have no problem with them. They're also cheaper than the ones I got from AccuQuest and so far, these Eargo hearing aids are the best ones I've had. I'm still in the first 45 days that I can send them back and get my money back but I don't plan on doing that.

Other than that, Eargo's customer service has been great. I can call and talk to them anytime I care to talk to them, and they'll give me whatever I want. They're also very friendly and no one wants to put you off. The only thing is, they're not local and I can't go see someone in person. But that's okay. The hearings aids are beautiful and they do exactly what they should be doing which is making speech clearer. Eargo's a great company, too, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Their hearing aids are perfect for someone who isn't profoundly deaf or can hear but can't understand like me. Aside from that, the sounds I get from the hearing aids sound real while some of the other ones I had from the other company didn't. The sounds that came out of that sounded fake and I was never able to hear well.

Eargo response

We believe that taking on life means that there’s no time to waste. That’s why we’ve completely redesigned the hearing solution journey. Everything is done online or over the phone. No hassles. No appointments. No disappointments. With Eargo, you’re in the driver’s seat.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I'm a male in my 50’s and my hearing was deteriorating especially in the higher frequencies. I came across Eargo and it was really a big improvement to hear those mid frequencies and higher frequencies again. The service that I got, especially from my audiologist, Jen, was exceptional. She was terrific. One of the main reasons that I got the hearing aid was the invisibility or near invisibility. I always thought that a hearing aid is something that you wear behind the ears and something that is visible, and that’s still some kind of the stigma. That was a big improvement for me. The other thing was even though they're in the ear, they do not have the problem of occlusion because they are so small. I was able to still hear the lower frequencies in the natural way as the sound would just travel easily along the Eargo devices and reach the hearing. They're extremely light, so you barely notice it.

Eventually, I ended up returning them because I had another kind of trauma with one of my ears. I had to go and upgrade to a more high-grade device and what that gave me as an additional benefit was the higher frequencies. So, if I can name one disadvantage on the Eargo hearing aid, it was that the very high frequencies or at least the frequencies above 3,000 to 4,000 hertz were a little bit lost. But otherwise, I would have been very happy with it. I would recommend Eargo.

Eargo response

We work hard to keep your hearing loss under wraps. Happy hearing!

Original review: May 19, 2019

The experience with Eargo is 100% positive. Prior to trying Eargo, I had had hearing aids which I didn’t like. I would never wear them. They were very uncomfortable and everything is muted. I had the ones that used to sit behind the ear with the wire that went in. I didn’t like the way they looked. I felt old. I couldn’t wear my glasses with them without the glasses falling off. Then I saw an ad for the Eargo hearing aids. They sent me the sample and I thought they were worth a shot 'cause I hadn’t seen anything else that was really hidden. You don’t even notice that you have them. So, that’s my reason for going with Eargo. The fact that their sales team was as wonderful as they were was also a big key in going with them. I didn't work with anybody that was nasty, not a soul. Everybody was perfect. They called back.

I went for the highest style as I usually go right to the top 9 times out of 10. After speaking with the sales reps, they said if I wasn’t satisfied with them, I’d just call if I wanted to go down. I could always go down and they would reduce the cost accordingly. I also had no problem with the cost at all. With Eargo, everything is perfectly clear. It’s a wonderful experience. I'm comfortable wearing them enough that a lot of times I forget I actually have them in before I go to bed and I gotta take them out. I don’t even realize that I have them in half the time. I'm 100% satisfied. Eargo is the best and I’ve already recommended them to others.

Eargo response

Our experience with this comment is 100% positive. Happy hearing, Philip!

Original review: May 18, 2019

In the last two to three years, I've had noticeable hearing loss. I'm still working but then for certain people's voices as well as the high-pitched voices of the two granddaughters that I'm raising at home, I'm having trouble understanding those. Previously, I bought a set of magnetic hearing aids and I wasn't very pleased with them. When I would get into a situation where I needed to hear, I would put them on, but the sound was so distorted. With my Eargo Neo hearing aids, I put them in and I haven't looked back since. I've never bought anything that I was much morel pleased with. Now, I can hear better and they're as close to natural hearing as I can imagine. Eargo is doing a perfect job. I've recommended them to others.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Max!

Original review: May 17, 2019

I'm an online shopper, and I stopped for Eargo's advertisement. It just seemed wonderful. I wanted a chargeable and small one with no wires outside the ear. I thought I’d love the Eargo hearing aids, and I loved everything about them. They are the most ingenious things I've ever seen. I even loved the little note pad or the little booklet that they sent. The service provided by the team was super. It was better than any product I've ever purchased. They were so nice and so helpful. I live in an assisted living place and I've told everybody about them. The hearing aids were a wonderful bargain, too. People in here have paid as much as $7,000 for their hearing aids.

Unfortunately, they wouldn’t go in far enough in my ear. I have a very small ear canal. I called and we tried to tear every other little layer off to make them fit. I tried everything and we just couldn’t make them fit. So, I called and asked about the return policy and the rep was so very nice. I couldn’t believe how accommodating he was. He said he'd give me a deal on the Neos which were about the same size. I told him I wouldn’t put him through that trouble. Unless they had a sample to show me that I could fit them, I wouldn’t want them to lose more money on me. He said they'd send me a packet and I'd just put the hearing aids back in.

Just the way he told me, he sent me the envelope and the hearing aids are on their way back to them. I had told them that I had a problem with small ear canals and it would be wise for Eargo to send a test pair 'cause it costs them money now to take those back. I felt terrible having to send them back. They’re wonderful and I wish I could wear them. I'm sad that I can’t use them.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience. Our Personal Hearing Professionals are hEAR for you to answer any questions or provide support (technical or otherwise) at 1-800-375-8058. ChEARs! ????

Original review: May 16, 2019

I read all of Eargo's materials online and watched all their videos, even how to clean them. I also looked at some of their customer responses and made my decision. I looked at some others that were cheaper, but I liked the way the Eargo system was set up. Plus I could use them on my insurance, whereas with the others, I could not. While I was getting the hearing aids fitted, I had to try a couple of different ends. My wife was fine but with me, it took some different ones so they would fit properly. Their service was outstanding. I got the Neo as I like the smallness of it, and it seemed easy to take care of. I’d always had the kind that fit on the back of the ear, but they get in the way of my glasses. I just ordered the earbuds a day ago and they’re already here today. Now we can hear better. You can’t see them and they fit comfortably. Plus they don’t rub your ears.

The only thing I wish Eargo had was Bluetooth capability so that if a phone call came in, it would go immediately to my hearing aid. Or even if I wanted to listen to music, it would go straight to my hearing aids. I also wish I'm able to use my phone instead of snapping my ear. It doesn’t bother me, but I also know that there are a lot of people that don’t want others knowing they’ve got hearing aids, or they don’t want others looking at them. If it was Bluetooth capable, you could just go to level two or three. Or if you’re riding in your car and the phone rings, you could talk directly to your hearing aids ‘cause your phone will pick it up easy.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo Neo, Phillip!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

Right ear died after like 7-8 months. Charger would say it fully charged but it would die after a few minutes in the ear. They replaced it under warranty but 5 months later it’s dead again and now out of warranty. $2500 for 13 months is not worth it. Waste of money!

Eargo response

Our team is currently working to obtain the root cause results of your returned device. We will provide the report via the contact information we have on file when we have the results, which may help indicate what’s going on with your current hearing aids. In the meantime, please reach out to your Client Care to check on the status of your report.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My partial hearing loss in my left ear was pretty profound. I decided on Eargo and found that their customer service was very good on the phone. I got my questions answered and I viewed the usage of the hearing aids as a trial. If they worked, I’ll keep them. If not, I could send them back. So, the guarantee was reassuring. The rep whom I worked with was very cordial and knowledgeable. She called me back two or three days after I made the first inquiry and told me that she had two problems getting the samples that they were gonna send me. She said that there was a backorder. Still, she answered my questions beautifully. I got an Eargo Neo and I found them to be well-engineered. The functionality and performance of the hearing aid have been very good. They're easy to understand, use and adjust. With my Eargo, I can hear better and conversations are clearer when they were muffled before.

Eargo response

We’re happy to hear Eargo Neo is helping you hear every moment! Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Hearing loss is something that creeps up on you and you never really realize how bad it is until you have it restored. I do annual hearing audiograms because of the job I have and this year, they told me I had a significant shift in my right ear. My family had been telling me for some time that I needed to get hearing aids. I didn’t want something that was attached to the outside of my head, and I saw that Eargo’s went to your canal. I contacted them, brought up the sample and looked at it, then I ordered them and I picked them up.

I got the Eargo Neo and it's very comfortable, though it took a while to get used to them ‘cause you got something plugged in your ear. I'm using the ones that it came with, and the only issue is that when I'm eating, the hearing aids will work their way out ‘cause of the movement in my ear. Other than that, it's no biggie. I don’t have to have the hearing aids turned up as loud now as I did when I first got them. When I first got them, I had the right side up to two and the left side up to three. Now, I keep the right side at one and the left side at two, and sometimes I run the left to three ‘cause my left side is always the one that had the most significant hearing loss.

The customer service rep contacted me regularly during the first week or two and was asking and suggesting things. One of the things I noticed was that I would get feedback if I would cough, and she told me to pull them out a little bit. I did that and it worked. She also said that when you first put this in, you're gonna notice things that you hadn’t heard in some time, and she was right. Eargo is worth it and I'm pretty happy with them. I have recommended them to people.

Eargo response

We work hard to keep your hearing loss under wraps. Happy hearing, Rudee!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I've had the Eargos now for about 50 days and my hearing is improved. I had other hearing aids before but they bothered me. They were over the ear hearing aids. Every time that I put my reading glasses on and took them off, I would get a screeching sound, and I do that about 100 times a day. They were also uncomfortable so I didn't like them. But if I didn't wear my hearing aids in a courtroom, I couldn't hear a damn thing because most of them are large noises. That was why I put up with my other hearing aids. The biggest difference with Eargo is that there's no noise if I put my glasses on or off. They seem to be quite convenient too. I can wear them three times as long as I can wear my other aids.

The cost of them is also reasonable, particularly in comparison to my old hearing aids which were twice as much, and as long as they hold up, I don't have any problems. I've even referred one or two people and they also have the hearing aids now. There are lots of us who have lousy hearing because we're old. Some have had bad experiences with other hearing devices and others realize they need to have some amplification of some kind. The customer service reps at Eargo have been great as well. They've been very pleasant and businesslike. I've talked to Kathleen a couple of times and she's a great listener. She has offered a couple of things that I think are gonna be helpful. I was also getting a little bit of feedback so she set a little change to the hearing aids themselves and I'm not getting as much feedback now. So that's a good thing.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest with Eargo, John!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I liked the 45-day trial period with Eargo as it was trying to give me an opportunity to work with them so I can decide for sure. With my prior experience in purchasing hearing aids, I was deeply dissatisfied with the performance and the price. But my Eargo hearing aids have been highly favorable so far. I get regular phone calls from the otolaryngologist and the tech specialist. I get the time to check a genuine interest in having them work properly for me which they do. For the value, they’re half the price of the last set that I bought that didn’t work half as good. I’m very well pleased with Eargo.

Eargo response

We believe we’re in this together. That’s why we provide licensed, professional support when you need it, wherever you need it. What can we say? We take commitment seriously. chEARs, Richard!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I chose Eargo for several reasons - one was you can’t see them, one was the price point was right, one was the soft touch of the sales people. When they started contacting me, I told them I was not quite ready to make a decision. They left me alone for a month. They just called me enough to remind me. They didn’t try to hard sell me, and I like that.

I went with the Eargo Neo which is the new one and I'm still trying to get used to them. The problem is they’re so comfortable. I walked into the shower twice this week with them on, and I had to call for backup to grab my hearing aids from me while I was standing there in the shower. Sometimes, I can’t even tell that they’re in and working, and they always are. But I’m getting fairly acclimated to them.

What I’m really happy with is the hours of life that it gives you on a full charge. Getting 15 hours on a full charge is so much better than what you can get with a Bluetooth component like an iPhone earbuds. It’s a different product with a different technology, but with the iPhone stuff, you gotta recharge them every three or four hours, and I thought that’s how the Eargos were. When it went all day long working, I was totally impressed.

Eargo response

This proves what we've always said, Burt: Our hearing aids are so comfortable, you may forget you're wearing them. We certainly wouldn't recommend wearing them in the shower, as our devices are not waterproof. Please call your Personal Hearing Professional to learn more about acclimating to our modern hearing aids.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased Eargo hearing aids because a friend of mine told me about them, I was very happy with them for the first few months, then the charger quit working, then the right hearing aid quit working, both items were replaced although it took several weeks to get them, now the left hearing aid is not charging. Only last about one hour and they are not wanting to replace it, keep sending me ways to clean the charger and the hearing aid like I am a dummy or something. Not happy with them at all. Very disappointed in them, sorry I spent 2600 bucks and I am on Social Security.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Rodney. We spoke with our Client Care team along with your Personal Hearing Professional, and would suggest contacting either team to learn more about what could have caused those issues and to learn more about best practices to extend the longevity of our devices. We're looking forward to helping!

Original review: May 7, 2019

My husband found Eargo online through an article that said they were one of the top-rated companies for hearing aids. He contacted them and talked to them a little bit, and we decided it was a good fit to try. I was not able to wear them right away due to other conditions I have, so we sent them back. We're waiting on the refund from them, but we’ve been notified that it’s being processed, so there shouldn’t be any difficulty with that. They were very cooperative and helpful in every other way. I would definitely recommend to someone else that could wear them.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Diane. We hope you find a hearing solution that meets your needs.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I got partial hearing loss over time. I had other hearing aids and Eargo seems to be more suitable. Also, the price is comparable to high quality hearing aids. I was offered the Eargo Neo and these are in the ear so it works better than the hearing aids that I used to have which were behind the ear. Now, I could hear better.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Eargo's price swayed me into them and I have had the hearing aids for three weeks. The product works really well although I had one day where the right hearing aid did not charge overnight. I just recharged it and it's been working fine ever since. Yesterday, my left hearing aid was clicking on and off so I took it out. Again, I recharged it overnight and it has been working fine so far. I am a little worried about the quality and I hope they are gonna hold up. It is concerning as I'm having a couple of charging issues.

Furthermore, since I do some activities, I don't wanna have the hearing aids in and there's no good place to put them. I took one of mine out at one point when I was driving and set it on the console of my car and then it got lost. Luckily, I found it. So, it would be nice to have a carrying case where I can put them that's secure and that I could take with me during the day. That aside, Eargo’s hearing aid is of good value. I am hoping to get two to three years out of them and for what I paid for them, I'll consider it a win.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest with Eargo, Michael. We'll let your Personal Hearing Professional know what's going on with your devices. We'd suggest calling our team when you need support (technical or otherwise). We're here to lend an ear!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I lost about two bars of upper register hearing below the normal level about 10 years ago because I got a very bad sinus infection. I had to take a lot of antibiotics for several months. It's been stable since then. I have trouble hearing my husband sometimes because he has a very soft voice. I noticed at Christmas time that I was having trouble understanding children who are visiting us for Christmas. Their high-pitched voices were really hard for me to articulate the content. So, I went on a search for a hearing aid, and Eargos was recommended by a friend.

It's not pleasant to have to be wearing these things, but on the other hand, I can hear my husband. I don't have to ask him to repeat everything and I'm assuming when I'm around children at the next holiday, it'll be a little easier too. They squeak a little bit when I answer the phone, but I don't know if that can be heard on the other end. When I take them off, I put them in the charger, and then I put them on in the morning. I have trouble getting them in my ear canal, and then my ear tends to expel them. But even with that difficulty, I still wanna keep them.

I chose this because they were less expensive and because it was something that did not go behind my ear, but in my ear. I love the design. They're just visually beautiful, the case, the packaging. Also, the staff is fabulous. They call me regularly and they send me stuff. I was happy with the salesperson and I'm very happy with the audiologist. I've had a wonderful experience with them so far. This is a wonderful product and I'm doing fine with it.

Eargo response

Thank you for trying Eargo, Hatty. Our Personal Hearing Professionals are hEAR for you to answer any questions or provide support (technical or otherwise). Happy hearing!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I've had severe hearing loss since I was 18. I saw Eargo on TV and their hearing aid looked great. It's invisible, rechargeable and fits my needs. With the style of hearing aid that I got from them, I came in at $1,500. That was the model that Eargo sent me and I just went with it. My hearing aid was wonderful and I loved it. I could hear things that I hadn't heard in 40 years.

But in three weeks with my hearing aid, I've been having problems with it and I don't want it. The left ear of the hearing aid went dead within a very short time in a three-day period. It was very annoying to have one ear working, while the other one was not. It was as if I had an earplug in. I had nowhere to put the hearing aid because there was nothing to put it in, so I had to keep it in my ear so I wouldn't destroy it.

I charged the hearing aid. The first time, it lasted six hours and then it went out. The second time, it was three hours. I wouldn't go wearing the hearing aid, but my wife told me to try it again. I put it in when I was going to work. But I had just gotten out the door for 15 minutes and it was dead, so I said, "To hell with it." If I'm gonna have problems like that with my hearing aid, I'm not gonna end up paying for it. I got it insured to send it back and forth and now my hearing aid was in transit all the time. I don't wanna do that. I've already made arrangements to send the hearing aid back and I'll be able to get full credit. I'm done with Eargo. For the money that we're talking about, I want something to work.

Eargo response

Hi Alan, thank you for your comment. We'd like to look into your Eargo experience to see how we can help, though we aren't seeing an exact match of your name as it's listed here in our database. Could you please send us a private message here, or in an email with the information used at your time of purchase? We're looking forward to helping you.

Original review: April 12, 2019

They broke even before I finished paying them off. They didn't last a year. They sounded horrible. Complete waste of money and they don't stand behind their product. They are happy to finance you for two years, but if they break, they won't cover them. Garbage.

Eargo response

Josh, we've requested our Client Care team reach out. Please expect a call from us soon.

Original review: April 12, 2019

My hearing loss was bad and I couldn’t understand anybody in a crowd at all. The hearing loss is on both ears, but my left ear was worse than the right. I looked online and did some research. From what I read Eargo sounded very interesting so I tried them out. Their reps were great. Their customer service was the best that I've dealt with for a long time. I got the in-ear style hearing aid and it was a third-level one. In terms of price, there was not much difference between three and four. I might have gone with a four-level, but three would be plenty for what I had. The Eargo hearing aid made an unbelievable difference in my life and I love this thing. My hearing is 100% better than what it was and I can understand people. I had to switch to the more amplified piece that goes on it because some people talk softly and that’s hard for me to hear. But with that new amplified tip on there, it works really well.

Eargo response

We're happy you're hearing life to the fullest, Michael. chEARs!

Original review: April 3, 2019

I couldn’t hear the TV and couldn't hear anybody on my left side. I liked the price at Eargo and got the Max version. The hearing aid is working fine and I'm very happy with it. Their sales reps have been wonderful and I've had good interactions with them.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your Eargo experience. Happy hearing, Jane!

Original review: March 30, 2019

I couldn't hear if there are any background noises and female voices are soft and I had difficulty hearing them. I saw Eargo on the internet and looked at consumer reviews. I bought my first hearing aid from them a year ago. I used them and I loved them. But I left them in a hotel one night and when I realized, I called back and they were gone. I called Eargo to rebound and I bought another pair and they suggested going with the Max. I bought the Max and I like them really well.

The interaction with the customer service team was excellent. I like the style of the hearing aids because they're almost invisible. You get a good look and it's so easy to adjust the volume. When I first started wearing them, I had trouble. It always felt like I was gonna lose one of them around my ear. I've never experienced that. I had to get over that feeling. That’s really the only issue I've ever had. Listening to other people who've had hearing aids, it seemed like they’ve gone through a lot of styles and brands but overall, I've been satisfied with Eargo.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your excellent Eargo experience, William. Happy hearing!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I found Eargo online through a search for hearing aids and I went to the b8ta store in Santa Monica where I tried them out. I've had my hearing aids from them for almost six weeks. It's a very good product and it's cheaper. My hearing's better. Also, Eargo has very good consumer help and response.

Eargo response

Thank you for taking Eargo for a spin at b8ta Santa Monica, Jeff. Happy hearing!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I worked as a bartender and had problems hearing if there were crowds and loud noises. My wife was always complaining too as the TV had to be turned up a little bit too high. I had read about different hearing aid companies and Eargo seemed the one that was the most advanced. My hearing was not that traumatic where I figured that I had to go for the top-of-the-line. Eargo's reps were prompt and great. I got from them the basic hearing aid model, and this one seems to be doing the trick. It works out great and the nicest part about it is that it's undetectable. It's also comfortable. Once it's in, I forget about it. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I received an email from a Eargo hearing aid representative. My business as a business builder and coach and public speaker I need good clear hearing. I have been pleading with Eargo to address the fact that the Eargo Max I bought the batteries in the hearing aids will not stay charged a full day and they either need to be replaced, as I have had them a week and a half or so. I called them yesterday and the lady said yes they know I have an issue but they want me to buy a more expensive pair. Is this like bait and switch. She assured me I would hear from a manager today. It is almost 5:30 PM. They put people on the phone who cannot make a decision and when promised a manager to handle defective equipment they don't have the professionalism to keep a commitment. I have three speaking engagements next week, which I told them and they do not care I have to cancel these because of new defective equipment.

Eargo response

Roger, we too find this unacceptable and not in line with our values. Please accept our sincerest of apologies and be assured that we will take quick corrective action to ensure this doesn't happen in the future to you or others. We’d like to help you get back to hearing every moment with Eargo so please to send us an email and we will make sure your issues are addressed.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've told other folks, Eargo has gotten me back into the conversation. And while Eargo is not cheap, it is less expensive in comparison to others. The quality is high as well. I selected this brand over other companies based on a review in a magazine that I respected and because they had a return policy. I felt comfortable talking to the sales rep and getting information from the company. It was completely no pressure. I first purchased the Plus, and now, I have the Neos. Both products are absolutely terrific. It's a life changer. I went with the only one they had at the time, which is in-the-ear. When I wear them, it's like not wearing them at all after they're in for a few minutes.

Eargo response

Thank you for another great review, Joe! We're happy you're hearing every moment with Eargo.

Eargo Company Information