2x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service and Best Experience with Staff
4.5(329)

2x Award Winner

About Audicus

Audicus has four hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Relatively affordable
  • 100-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices
Cons
  • Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Featured Reviews

Verified
MA

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified
FL

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I ...

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its optional membership program, called Audicus Plus. You pay a monthly membership fee based on the model you choose, ranging from $89 to $119, to essentially lease your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a one-time startup fee of $299, $399 or $499, depending on the hearing aid model. There is an 18-month contract with a $499 early cancellation fee. After 18 months, you can cancel or renew your membership by sending back your hearing aids.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid costs

Audicus claims that by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

ModelStarting price
Mini

$2,498 per pair

Spirit$1,598 per pair
Spirit 2$1,748 per pair
Omni$2,598 per pair
Omni 2$1,998 per pair
Wave 2$1,498 per pair

Audicus has partnered with CareCredit and Allegro Credit to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $89 to $159 per pair, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a two-year warranty and free shipping in the U.S.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 100-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?

Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.

Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?

Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.

Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?

The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.

How long do Audicus batteries last?

Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 100-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

Stars Rating

• 74%
  • 14%
  • 5%
  • 4%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?
    Online & AppStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

Audicus has been pretty good. I really like the fact that you could pay monthly for the hearing aid, versus selling out a whole mortgage claim that I don't have. I purchased it online and their website was really user-friendly. The hearing aid has changed everything in my day-to-day activities. I used to work in a very loud attraction and it made it so I was able to hear everything. I didn't have to scream, "What?" at the guest every five seconds. My roommates have also noticed a difference. I can hear things and I can understand what people are saying. It's given me my freedom to be a 27-year-old person again and I don't have to keep staring at people's mouths when they talk.

It's comfortable, too. I took out the retainer clip things that keep it in and I haven't had really any issues with that. It doesn't fall out and I forgot about them. I have the rechargeable hearing aid and the longest I've worn it is 12 hours. I didn't have to recharge it and I still have maybe 5% but it lasted me until I got home. The Bluetooth is my favorite feature and the fact that I can change the different settings depending on where I am. They have an app and you can do it through the hearing aid. So if you press the dial up or down buttons, it'll change the settings if you hold it. Then with my phone, I can pick the specific setting if I want.

Hi, Beck!

Oh, this is so wonderful to hear! Thank you greatly for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so excited to know they hearing aids are improving your life.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns at help@audicus.com.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed April 25, 2024

In August of 2022 I realized that I needed good hearing aids. I had been sold one hearing aid for my left ear, where my hearing was not good, but it was one of those that fit inside your ear and can't be seen, and I never felt that it worked well. Naturally, my ENT audiologist charged me a lot for this hearing aid, and I stopped trusting them. After researching online, I settle on Audicus, based on both site and customer reviews. I took their online test (you take it on your laptop, using your headphones) and was soon contacted by a sales agent. I chose the Spirit, because of its Bluetooth and remote programming capabilities. I received the devices within about 5 days, and was assigned a hearing aid specialist that came along side me, metaphorically speaking, to make sure the hearing aids worked for me. During the first year, I had one remote programming adjustment made. The aids seemed to be working all right for me.

In about February of this year I took another online test, and it showed a significant increase in my hearing loss since I first received my hearing aids in 8/2022. I was advised that in order to reprogram my devices this time, I would need to send them back to NYC, that they could not be adjusted remotely. However, once they received them in NYC, the person I was working with informed me that the audiologist recommended I see my ENT and get an in-person hearing test because of the significant change in my hearing over the 1.5 years I had been using my Audicus aids.

I couldn't get in to see my ENT for a month. This was frustrating to me. I wondered why they couldn't have said that before I sent my aids in to them. They did not have any explanation. I asked that they reprogram them the best they could. They return the aids by 2-day airmail, but I had to pay for 5-7-day ground mail. I was without the aids for about 14 days. Not an insignificant inconvenience. Happily, my aids worked much better after this reprogramming. Still, I made an appointment to see my ENT and their audiologist.

I sent the results of the in-person hearing test to Audicus. I was told that the difference between their online hearing test and my in-person hearing test was significant, and they advised that I once again send my hearing aids back to them in NYC for another reprogramming. So, I did and just received them back, 10 days later. I haven't used them yet but am hoping that they will work even better. They do really help my hearing, both volume and ability to decipher the spoken word.

In summary, I think that Audicus is a good company with good customer support and quality devices. My own personal experience with having to send my hearing aids back to their offices in NYC was a little frustrating. That is the drawback of an online company with no local offices. I'm not sure that if/when I need new hearing aids, I would go with Audicus again. I might find a local company that can service me with a good turnaround, should my hearing aids need reprogramming or maintenance. Maybe even Costco.

Pinned

Hi Paul, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are thrilled that the hearing aids are working well for you.

PriceDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

I called Audicus and told the rep what I wanted. They had a product that was built by a reputable manufacturer and it was less than some of the other comparable stuff out in the market that I was able to get pricing on over the internet. So, because they had a good price on a product that worked for me, I bought it. I have a complete loss in one ear, and the other ear, a small partial loss. They were willing to sell me one hearing aid for the ear that still has hearing. I didn't have to buy a pair of them because I couldn't use a pair. They did the tuning up and then, they shipped the hearing aid to me. They explained how to use it and sent me a booklet that explained it. I read it and I used the hearing aid and it works. I got the rechargeable kind and I don't care about Bluetooth. If it happens to be in it, I have no idea how to use that. The hearing aid helps depending on the circumstances. If we're in a noisy restaurant, I don't hear as well as if I'm in a quiet room.

I would recommend people to Audicus. Whenever I buy something, I get a discount. And when I need certain supplies, they're readily available within a couple of days of sending them out to me. So, I don't have any issues with anything with them. I've bought three different hearing aids from them over time. They're priced right and they do what I need them to do. I'm very pleased with Audicus. They've been very good to me and send out what they say they're gonna send out.

Pinned

Hi Henry, thank you very much for leaving a 5-star review, we are delighted that you are hearing better with your new Audicus hearing aid.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 21, 2023

I went to a store in Florida and had a test done there. And with Audicus, I did one on the phone. I had the feeling that the one that I did at a store was a little more accurate than the one done over the phone. At the store, you're more directly attached to the machine that was sending the tone and you're only about 6 feet away from the guy sending. But on the phone, who knows how much disturbance and static there could be.

I ended up getting the behind the ears hearing aids and I don't care for the concept of them, but they work fine. I tried out two other brands before I settled on Audicus and I really like that with the pair I have, they fit behind my ears, so they're a little more visible, but if my cellphone rings, I can answer it on the hearing aids and I can carry on the conversation through the hearing aids, not the phone.

I can also start a call from the hearing aids using the two buttons at the back there on that gadget. It's wonderful. With those little teeny ones that will fit in your ear, you can hardly see them at all and they're too small to have that feature. Other than that, my hearing aids are rechargeable and they can go a couple of days. All the aspects of the hearing aids are controlled on an app on my cellphone, so I can just turn that app on the cellphone and see how much percent of power is left. And most often, I put it in the case overnight and it automatically gets charged.

Pinned

Hi Don, thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so happy that your hearing aids are working well.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed July 18, 2023

When I looked online, I saw the possibility of having adjustments made remotely, which seemed a good option for me. Especially since it's a very difficult thing to arrange shipping to and from the island. I took an Audicus phone hearing test, Audicus used that, and I went ahead and placed an order for some Spirit hearing aids figuring that the advantage of having the remote adjustment was significant for me. Also, because they have the capacity to be independently adjusted for each year. So, I went ahead and bought them. I traveled to the States. And when I arrived, they were there where I would stay, and I just picked them up, read the instructions and started using them. The instructions are clear. And I got help by phone readily when I needed it, so, that made it all smooth.

When I was in the States and could get a good audiological test, I had one done. I forwarded the results to Audicus and asked if there was any significant benefit in adjusting to the new test results, and they said yes. I also wanted a change made in the programs that were inbuilt on the hearing aids I got, and that required it to be sent back to their office. I've sent those back a week ago, and I expect them to arrive back on Wednesday this week. I would have them in time to take them back to Fiji with me when I go.

The hearing aids are comfortable. I had to experiment a bit with the domes and so on. But that was straightforward. And when I went to the audiologist, he looked at the domes. I took the hearing aids with me, and he said that with my particular hearing loss, which is only in the higher frequencies, he said that the open domes would be better for me, because they allow the frequencies that I can hear to go directly through the dome into the ear. I had some issues at first with them falling out. And when I put a larger dome in, that fixed the problem. Especially, with the open dome, that seems to stay in better for some reason. They seem to be secure in my ears. I don't have to worry about them so much.

Since I've been without them this week, I've had an opportunity to feel what it is to be without them. I feel that there's a limit in my sensory awareness of my environment without them. What I hear is dulled down because the high frequencies are missing to a significant degree and I can't pick up nuances of conversation as readily, which is the kind of thing where you just go, "Oh, well."

I love the Bluetooth. Having that built in, I can just quietly listen to something without having to fiddle with ear buds. I've used earbuds a lot with listening to music. And these are good quality. The sound from them is at least equal to and probably better than the ear buds I used. And I don't have to take them in and out, I use my phone and I get the phone calls or I can do the music. I've had good experience with it and I've been pleased with the results. I would recommend people trying that. Audicus' customer service is good and personable. And the people who respond to requests for help are available and forthcoming with information and so on. They seem to know the instruments well.

Pinned

Hi David, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! We are glad you are loving your new hearing aids and are pleased with the results.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 17, 2024

This is my second set I bought through Audicus. This is a Professional and Friendly Company. They helped me with my setup when I was having problems and resolved the issue. Raye called and texted to make sure I was a satisfied customer. And I am! Any time I'm asked about my hearing aids I recommend Audicus.

Hi, Alan!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. This is phenomenal news! Thank you greatly for your kind words, and we are thrilled your hearing health journey with us has been so pleasant thus far.

Please don't hesitate to reach out for any assistance to help@audicus.com.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I have appreciated the service and the hearing aids. Whenever I call someone will help me. The service from everyone has been great. Friendly helpful and professional! The hearing aids are so much better than the ones I had before. Thank you all! I know I will have more questions as I go along! Thanks again.

StaffDelivery & Shipping

Reviewed June 6, 2024

Having been HoH from youth this group is a dream come true! I despised having to take time off to do hearing aid maintenance I knew I could handle and now I get everything shipped to me. Added bonus of both sets I’ve had rock beyond what I could have ever expected as a profound HoH person.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed June 2, 2024

I purchased my Audicus hearing aid from their website and it was easy to do. It has improved my hearing dramatically and I like that they are on off automatically when being charged. I also like that the phone app allows me to adjust for whatever environment I'm in. The price was reasonable, too.

Hi, Jerold!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so thrilled to hear you're enjoying them thus far!

Customer Service

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I put the hearing aids in every now and then when I get a chance. And I gotta call Audicus because I don’t know how to use them. I need somebody to even show me how to put them in so that things will stay in. But I can't put it on Audicus because I got, at least, two calls from them. I just haven't had a chance. I tried to call customer service one or two times and I didn't get connected. I got turned off and one of those times, I got interrupted. I just need to follow up more.

Hi, Frank!

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We would be happy to help!

If it is easier for you, please email help@audicus.com. The customer service representative and you can arrange a time for a phone call to get you fully comfortable and onboarded with your hearing aids.

Audicus Company Information