4.4/5 (97 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Top Audicus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I ...

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its membership program. You can pay a monthly membership fee to essentially rent your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a $100 one-time startup fee. There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel at any time.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid cost

Audicus claims that, by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

• The Dia II starts at $499 per ear.
  • The Aura starts at $699 per ear.
  • The Clara starts at $749 per ear.
  • The Wave starts at $949 per ear.
  • The Spirit starts at $1,399 per ear.
  • The Omni starts at $1,699 per ear.

Audicus has partnered with Affirm to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $78 to $198 per ear, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a one-year warranty and free shipping in the United States.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 45-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?

Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.

Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?

Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.

Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?

The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.

How long do Audicus batteries last?

Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 45-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called Audicus and it was a pleasant experience because they picked up after one ring. The party at the end of the phone was a listener and informative so, they immediately created good vibes. I originally went through a procedure where my insurance company said who the audiologist I had to use if I want to access their subsidies. The guy spent about 10 minutes with me and told me to write them a check for 3,500 bucks. I asked if that was in addition to the insurance company paying $3,000 and he said yes. I asked if the hearing aids costs $6,500 and he didn't like that, because I was doing the math.

I started getting into the hearing aid business and calling around, and it's not unusual to have complicity. Apparently, what happens is that this particular audiology company paid Blue Cross maybe a million bucks to be the exclusive provider. Then, Blue Cross comes up with the $3,000 for the hearing aids and then, they soak a person for the other 3,500 bucks. Audicus is entirely different. It’s an interesting situation because apparently, the founder or the guy who put it together ran into the same situation I did. He went in and he thought it was a bunch of crap so, he created this system on the internet.

Audicus has an audiologist and they do everything by telephone and the price for quality hearing aids was 2,400 bucks. I like their style of doing business. These hearing aids worked though there are some adjustments that can be done. They do the adjustments through the internet and through the iPhone app. So they're tech savvy and have good follow up. I was very impressed with the marketing guy because he wasn't a salesman. He listened and tried to understand what the situation was plus he seemed to know something about what was going on with regard to hearing loss.

I was having trouble hearing women who had higher pitch voices and also children. So, I had difficulty hearing my grandkids, because they have a higher pitched voice. I don't have any problem with a man as well as driving along and hearing stuff in the road. So these things have to be tailored to the person's individual hearing profile that is determined by hearing tests. And you can see the lines for normal hearing, my hearing, and where I’m deficient. So Audicus is good about educating people.

Audicus response

Hi David, we are so glad you had a great experience with our team! We are glad to have found a solution that works for you.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I went online to do the hearing test and there, I ended up getting a phone call from an Audicus sales rep. I placed my order roughly a week ago on a Friday, I got it on a Saturday, and I've been wearing them ever since. With only roughly seven days using it, it's very good. I downloaded the app to adjust the volume on each of the hearing aids. The one thing I don't like about the app is that if I move it over to a single icon and only adjust one of the two, it will move them down in the current position that I have them set, just at a lower level, keying in on the lowest level versus the highest level.

But now, I get to turn the TV down from a 19 to an 8 and that makes my wife ask me to turn up the volume so she can hear. So, my hearing’s improved. Although, the one thing that I've noticed, I pick up a lot of extra noises that I don't think would be normal in normal hearing. I can hear my dogs walking and their toenails clicking, indicating they need to be trimmed. Under normal circumstances, I don't think I would hear that. I also hear noises when I'm turning the page in a book or my wife is turning the page in a book. I think I just haven't gotten the system tuned properly to my ears.

Audicus response

Hi Ben, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating and share your experience. We are so glad you love your new hearing aids. We want to make sure everything is perfect for you though, so a Hearing Specialist will reach out ASAP to help with any necessary adjustments.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I have ordered the same hearing aid twice from Audicus (I lost the first one) and have been very impressed with the quality and service both times. The Internet is full of questionable hearing aids that turn out to be different from the types you would get from a registered audiologist. But the ones from Audicus I purchased (the Clara model) seem to be top-quality using the latest technology and the same that you would get from a top manufacturer like Siemens, Widex, etc., except without the ridiculous price mark ups.

The Clara is much much better sound clarity than my 10 year old Widex and I like that you can adjust the volume on the device without needing a remote or app. It also has two microphones and auto adjusts to background noise which is great. I never have felt the need switch it to different sound profiles/programs manually unlike my older hearing aid. I like that Audicus offers models that use batteries rather than having to be recharged since batteries are so cheap on the Internet now and I can always have spare batteries handy rather than needing to be constantly recharging a built-in battery that will eventually fail over the years. I also like that I can avoid having to pay for Bluetooth connectivity which is pointless for me since I only use a single hearing aid.

The only downside is that I don't live in the US, so shipping the hearing aid back for reprogramming or maintenance would be a pain, but I haven't had to do that. It would be great if I could reprogram the hearing aid myself (or have it reprogrammed remotely, but those hearing aid models are several hundred dollars more). The followup from Audicus is great. They are very quick to answer questions and provide suggestions.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have been wanting to upgrade my hearing aids but I wasn't ready to go spend $5,000. I was taken by Audicus' promotion and advertising. The more I looked into it and checked their status, I become aware that they are a decent product. I'm pleased with the quality of the hearing aids I got and I'm hearing things that I haven't heard for a long time. It's clearer too. That was what I was after because there were certain levels of my wife's voice that weren't there. She would say something and I would hear parts of it. Sometimes it's not enough to really identify what she is saying. We made adjustments to my hearing aids and now they are able to capture those parts, which is much better.

I had a couple of issues that I was disappointed with but they were solved almost immediately. The hearing aids are a lot of money and I wonder if they should even be having those issues. I had an issue last week. In the morning, I took the hearing aids out of the charger and one of them didn't come on. I called Audicus and spoke with a very pleasant person. She was on top of her game and said they would take care of my hearing aids. She walked me through the procedures. One was a 20-second procedure while the other was a 30-second one. After that, the hearing aids were working. That was great but it would have been nice if the problem did not even happen.

Another thing was I went on my phone and the app was able to identify with our church's up-to-date modern system, but my hearing aids were dead before the day was over. I sapped the battery on it. Yesterday, I didn't bother to turn that feature on and I could hear fine. The frustration of the dead battery was more concerning than missing a little something in the church.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The hearing aids I had for five years were no longer working very well. I went back to my audiologist and she had told me that it was going to be 6,900 for the hearing aids. I called Audicus and I got to talk to this guy named Ben. He told me all the stuff then said he would check back to see if he could help me. He called back and he missed me. He called back again then I called him back. He was very nice the whole time and he did his job extremely well. I spent 35 years managing a company so I'm very aware of how that stuff works and I appreciate people who are not pushy and know what they're talking about. That was why I went with Audicus.

All companies have free hearing tests. You can go as many times as you want if you think something's not right. What's different with Audicus is I could do their hearing test online to see what it is and see if anything changed. I decided to go with the best hearing aids that Audicus had because I wanted to try to do everything. After speaking with them and after being told why the particular model was better as well as what it could do, I investigated again and decided to go with the better set.

I could have complete my purchase online but Ben said he could also do it with me on the phone. He called back the next day and we did that. He helped me fill out things quickly and it was extremely easy. Things worked out well. I was happy that Ben was very informative and was willing to do what was needed to get the job done. Even the follow-up is extremely good. A rep named Gina constantly sends tips and questions. She asks if everything is okay and if I have any questions. I'm happy with everything and I recommended Audicus to a couple of people.

On the whole, I'm hearing well with my Audicus set. I don't have to ask my wife "Huh?" every time she talks. I can turn my hearing aids up and down either left or right or both. Sometimes, when I'm watching television and there are other people in the room, I turn them down and not up. That works a little bit better. When I'm outside, it's better when they're louder.

Audicus response

Hi Joe, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience with Ben and Audicus. We are thrilled to help.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had hearing loss and when I was tested and saw the audiologist, they recommended Audicus. I went online to buy them because I already had my hearing results and I could just send them in. The website was very easy to work with. This is my first set of hearing aids but they seem very good. I got the Wave and it works very well. It goes in very well and once I got used to the different sound of it, I can hear much better. The hearing aids made conversation much easier. So many people in my family are soft-spoken and I can hear them talk. Audicus is a very good company and they have very good hearing aids. People should go that route.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The service was good. The quality seems fine. They have a $100 referral thing, and I was a little disappointed that it was not available in Canada. So, it should be advertised as such. But that’s got nothing to do with the quality of the equipment. I’m satisfied with the quality of the hearing aids, and they’re working well. It certainly improved my quality of hearing.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Audicus has been wonderful. Any time I have a question or need something, I can reach out to them and they are there. They helped me to be able to afford hearing aids when I had decided I would never be able to.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Very professional and responsive staff. Quality product with no issues for 18 months since purchase. Will extend my subscription for another 18 months. Quality company I would recommend to friends and family. Excellent pricing compared to other name brand hearing aids.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The Audicus customer service group is excellent as is their lab in NYC. The Audicus Wave is a good hearing aid. It does not do all that well when there is a lot of background noise... still can't carry on a conversation in a noisy environment. Other than that, they have been very helpful and, overall, I am pleased.

Audicus Company Information