Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

3.9/5 (15 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Top Audicus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its membership program. You can pay a monthly membership fee to essentially rent your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a $100 one-time startup fee. There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel at any time.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid cost

Audicus claims that, by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

• The Dia II starts at $499 per ear.
  • The Clara and the Aura start at $699 per ear.
  • The Wave starts at $899 per ear.
  • The Spirit starts at $1,399 per ear.

Audicus has partnered with Affirm to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $39 to $89 per ear, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a one-year warranty and free shipping in the United States.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 45-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?
Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.
Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?
Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.
Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?
The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.
How long do Audicus batteries last?
Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 45-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: June 17, 2021

I love the Audicus hearing aids. It doesn't have a longer wire that goes from the receiver to the speaker piece. I wish they have a slightly longer one because I seem to have big ears so they sit in a weird place. But Audicus was good. I set up a trial for some initial pair that I did not like very well. And they quickly got me into a different kind which I've been happy with. The gentleman that helped me through this whole process with numerous phone calls and checked in on me multiple times was amazing.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2021

Miguel has followed up on me several times since I bought new hearing aids. The new cone design on the Wave is very itchy - even after several weeks. Miguel said the older cone design sent with the Clara would fit the Wave. They arrived just a few days later. Thank you!

Audicus response

Hi Paul, we are glad Miguel was able to solve your problem! Please reach out to us any time if you need anything else.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I received my HAs on 10/5/20. I returned them for reprogramming on 10/8/20, and the turn-around time was fast. The reprogramming was to my satisfaction. The HAs have been working flawlessly. I think that because I have them linked to my iPhone via Bluetooth, they go through batteries pretty quickly, probably every three days. Fortunately, I am on the Audicus subscription plan, so they send me batteries every three months as part of the plan. At some point I may consider switching to rechargeable HAs. So far the experience, 9 months in, has been all positive.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and we are so happy to hear that your Waves are working to your liking. If you are ever interested in looking into rechargeable models, please call us at 917-999-0705 and we can arrange for a Hearing Specialist to assist you.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I interacted with an Audicus the hearing specialist and my experience went smoothly. I'm still trying to get used to my hearing aids. I don't wear them a lot because I'm not around a whole lot of people. Sometimes, they're okay when I use them. I'm new to this and Audicus is geared more towards people that already have them. On the whole, I'd tell others to take a look at the company.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! We’re happy that you chose to try Audicus for your first hearing aids. We aim to provide the best support for each of our customers, regardless of their prior hearing aid experience. We will be sure to have our Customer Service team follow up with you to make sure you have everything you need.

Original review: May 10, 2021

My experience with Audicus is positive because my hearing aid is still working and as long as it keeps working, I'm happy. Also, they have a salesgirl there, Tiffany, and if I had her working for my business, I would give her a bonus. She is like a pitbull - she doesn't stop until she makes that sale.

Hi Eleanore,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We’re happy to hear that your hearing aid is working well and we've passed along your nice note to Tiffany and her manager.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I'm appreciate everything that having hearing aids have done for me, but it isn't the lifechanging experience I imagined. First, I have severe loss. Everything I am about to say should be read with that understanding. These may work much better for someone with mild to moderate loss. The covers that fit in the ear canal are difficult to fit on your own. Never having worn hearing aids- it took quite a while to figure out what the best fit was. I recognize in person fittings are part of what is lost by using Audicus. These work well in certain situations like one on one conversations or small groupings.

Anything involving music, a bassline, or crowded areas, just doesn't sound right and makes them almost feel useless. As a teacher, they definitely help in the classroom, but again I still can't hear well if all the kids are working- it's hard to distinguish those close to me and the background sound. The aids definitely allow me to hear much more than I would without. The support is probably the thing keeping me the most. They are super responsive and unlike the doctor's office, do not require appointments or long waits. I think if I was able to afford prescription hearing aids, I would switch without question. This, however, is a good in-between for now.

Audicus response

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. We are very sorry Audicus hearing aids haven't provided the hearing support you had hoped for. Good news though, we are re-opening our hearing clinics in NYC, Denver, and Chicago over the summer. If you live close by, we would love to welcome you in for a free consultation with our audiologist. You can learn more about our in-person locations here https://www.audicus.com/locations/

Original review: June 9, 2021

I've sent the Audicus Wave aids back for repair, twice. It's possible that the first time, I could have fixed the problem -- one of the aids would not charge at all -- by doing a hard reset, but whoever I spoke with at Audicus didn't give me that information. The second time, there was persistent and extremely annoying static in the right hearing aid. Also, one or the other of the aids did not charge properly, or at all, while on the charger overnight.

After the second return (I do not know if there were the same hearing aids I had at the beginning, or replacements), there has been no trouble charging them. Regarding static: persistent static returned on the Thursday of Holy Week this spring. Using my Bluetooth-connected phone, I found that changing the default program, "Automatic," to "Conversation in noise 1," made the static stop, for as long as I was on the CIN 1 setting. Sending them back for repair or adjustment (again) is not acceptable, since it forced me to be without any hearing aid at all for the week to week and a half it takes for Audicus to get them back to me.

However, the quality of the aids in a noisy room while on "Conversation in noise 1) is not satisfactory. I returned to work, in a busy retail environment, on May 21, and have found that I often have trouble understanding people with whom I am speaking. The Audicus Wave does not have an "Mumbled or rapid speech through a mask" as a setting. I am uncertain whether I will renew my Audicus Wave subscription beyond the first 18 months. I see that I am required to waive certain right (see below) to send Audicus this comment.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I contacted Audicus through their "chat" link online. I was told that they couldn't help me. I was given a method of contact again online. I did contact them. I still have a broken right hearing aid. The ear "plugs" don't fit either. They were very attentive when I was ordering. I had a problem earlier and sent both aids in to see if they could be adjusted to work better. They were sent back but I noticed no difference. At this time, I am using an old hearing aid in my right ear and the Audicus one in my left ear.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I originally was pleased with the hearing aids, but I don’t think they are working well now. I am not sure I would purchase them again. I did have a reprogramming scheduled, but didn’t get them in the mail. I thought they could reprogram them remotely. The people that I talked to have been very nice to deal with, just not sure I love the product.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The reps at Audicus contacted me several times and they took care of everything. I've had hearing aids for quite a few years now and I just wanted one that we felt would be good without spending $7,000. And this was what we decided on. The quality is very good.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: May 26, 2021

The product is a decent one, it helps hearing but not to the degree of the more expensive ones. It does a better job at the price point than anything else I've tried, which is in its own category of rental as all the others are purchase only. Insurance doesn't help unfortunately, and I had it available to spend. The customer service department, the sales department, and the shipping department did a poor job of coordinating, and it took forever to actually get the product--and the sales person could not be reached any longer. It's far from perfect, but still decent.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our customer experience, particularly in the transition from our Sales team to our Customer Service team after a purchase has been made. If you need any additional assistance, please reach out to our Customer Service team at help@audicus.com or call us at 917-999-0705 and we can arrange for a Hearing Specialist to assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: May 25, 2021

After order no one called or emailed about anything. On original order I was promised extra ear parts because I have excess wax. Never got them or was called to ask if they worked well. Would have liked better customer service.

Hi Al,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this important feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not receive your extra Earwax Guards. We sincerely apologize and would like to make it up to you. Our team will contact you privately to begin resolving your issue.

Original review: May 25, 2021

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I look forward to further improvements in that area.

Original review: May 25, 2021

They emailed me several times about what I need to do and how to do it. Everything has been fine.

Hi John,

We appreciate your feedback! We aim to provide the best support for our customers, so glad to hear you got everything you need!

Audicus Company Information