Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.3/5 (36 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Top Audicus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I ...

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its membership program. You can pay a monthly membership fee to essentially rent your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a $100 one-time startup fee. There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel at any time.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid cost

Audicus claims that, by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

• The Dia II starts at $499 per ear.
  • The Clara and the Aura start at $699 per ear.
  • The Wave starts at $899 per ear.
  • The Spirit starts at $1,399 per ear.

Audicus has partnered with Affirm to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $39 to $89 per ear, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a one-year warranty and free shipping in the United States.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 45-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?
Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.
Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?
Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.
Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?
The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.
How long do Audicus batteries last?
Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 45-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Audicus had someone contact me to go through and answer all my questions. I used their online hearing test, which sort of verified the hearing test I had in the lab last year, and it came up with the same thing. As a matter of fact, my hearing is worse this year than it was the last time I was tested. Audicus went over things with me on the phone and then I went ahead with it. I've been wearing hearing aids for a long time, and the hearing aids that I got from Audicus are very good. I can really hear well with them. They're easy to pair with other devices so that I can use them. If I wanted to, I could use them on the phone. Audicus also assigned someone to me who calls me periodically or emails me to see how things are going with the hearing aids. If I need some care with the aids, they can work on them remotely and fine-tune them for me.

Audicus response

Hi John, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with our hearing aids. We are delighted that you are experiencing happy hearing again.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I had already had a set of hearing aids before by Oticon, and I was having some difficulty with those. I got contacted by Audicus and I ended up speaking on the phone with a guy named Matt. He explained how Audicus works, how it would link up with my phone, so it made sense to me. I hadn't quite paid off the Oticons, but they were close, and they weren't working for me quite as well as I wanted. So, after talking to Matt, and looking at the different options, I went with what he recommended and he got a pair of the waves. So far, they've been working fine. They charge well and I can talk on my phone through them. It has Bluetooth accessibility as well. I'm hearing a little bit better. I'm pleased with how they're working.

The only thing I haven't quite figured out is if there's an app that I can use. I know how to hook them up on Bluetooth, but if there's an app that I use, I can adjust it while I'm wearing them. With the Oticons, I knew where to push a button and I can increase the volume. I'm not sure where that is with the Audicus waves. Overall, I'm pleased with Audicus. I've already recommended them to a buddy of mine.

Audicus response

Hi Harry, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're pleased to hear that you've had a good experience with your new Wave hearing aids so far - please stay in touch if you have any questions come up!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The hearing aids I had for five years were no longer working very well. I went back to my audiologist and she had told me that it was going to be 6,900 for the hearing aids. I called Audicus and I got to talk to this guy named Ben. He told me all the stuff then said he would check back to see if he could help me. He called back and he missed me. He called back again then I called him back. He was very nice the whole time and he did his job extremely well. I spent 35 years managing a company so I'm very aware of how that stuff works and I appreciate people who are not pushy and know what they're talking about. That was why I went with Audicus.

All companies have free hearing tests. You can go as many times as you want if you think something's not right. What's different with Audicus is I could do their hearing test online to see what it is and see if anything changed. I decided to go with the best hearing aids that Audicus had because I wanted to try to do everything. After speaking with them and after being told why the particular model was better as well as what it could do, I investigated again and decided to go with the better set.

I could have complete my purchase online but Ben said he could also do it with me on the phone. He called back the next day and we did that. He helped me fill out things quickly and it was extremely easy. Things worked out well. I was happy that Ben was very informative and was willing to do what was needed to get the job done. Even the follow-up is extremely good. A rep named Gina constantly sends tips and questions. She asks if everything is okay and if I have any questions. I'm happy with everything and I recommended Audicus to a couple of people.

On the whole, I'm hearing well with my Audicus set. I don't have to ask my wife "Huh?" every time she talks. I can turn my hearing aids up and down either left or right or both. Sometimes, when I'm watching television and there are other people in the room, I turn them down and not up. That works a little bit better. When I'm outside, it's better when they're louder.

Audicus response

Hi Joe, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience with Ben and Audicus. We are thrilled to help.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Audicus' hearings aids are really hearing aids and not amplifiers. A lot of companies advertising online are just amplifiers. I bought a set of hearing aids about four years ago and I was pretty well-satisfied with them. I did my purchase over the phone and the person was very knowledgeable although there were a couple of questions that she really wasn't sure about. She got back to me with a later call.

My hearing loss is pretty bad, especially in the right ear. I scored two out of five on the hearing test. My hearing aids have changed my life somewhat. But sometimes, I would go a day without wearing them because when I'm around the house, they tend to make the inside of my ears a little sore. I tried other domes sizes and they didn't work as well as the medium domes. I have the Spirit model and I like the Bluetooth feature. When I'm driving, that's the most favorable thing about it.

The only negative I have with these hearing aids is there is a program you can put on your phone. It allows me to adjust the volume individually for the left or the hearing aid. That was what I really wanted but the phone just won't hold it. I checked comments and this seems to be a problem with a lot of people. Perhaps the problem is with my phone model, which is a Samsung. I tried the program on my iPad and the iPad will hold it. But I'm not gonna walk around with an iPad all the time.

Audicus response

Hi Bill, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely, detailed review. We are delighted your hearing aids are working so well for you and that you love the Bluetooth feature.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I like the hearing airds. But at one point, I started getting a lot of static in my last hearing aid, so I sent them back. Audicus just cleaned them and said that was a little speck of earwax, which I didn't fall for. I kept telling the reps what was wrong with it, but they kept reading the same thing off the card. I've had hearing aids many times. I know what can affect them and such. And I didn’t go for it.

I finally convinced them to send them back, but when they came back and it still had the noise, I was disappointed. But later, the fella called back to see how they were doing. And he said if it wasn't working, he got an okay from his supervisor to just swap it out with a new one. But I kept wearing it for a couple of days, and then the static went away and it hasn't been back since. The quality is lifelike. I've had four sets of hearing aids. I had one pair that was completely in the ear a long time ago, and they were $8,000 ones. I loved them, but I lost one. So, I was out. I've tried a couple of less expensive ones and they haven't come to my expectations. But these are working really well. I enjoy them.

Audicus response

Hi Charles, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very sorry for the troubles you experienced but are thrilled you are now enjoying happy hearing. Enjoy your hearing aids!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Audicus' support was really good. I had three different conversations with somebody by phone and I made the actual purchase online, but he gave me a lot of good advice. With the hearing aids, I can hear sounds in the high register that I was not hearing at all before. If I have them in and then I take them out, I'm amazed at how much less I hear. It's really weird. I like the fact that I get a call through the hearing aids, but I wish it was easier to find the button to reject the call because I end up sort of hunting behind my ear. It's pretty obvious what I'm doing and it's kind of awkward. The button is so small. Also, I get a little bit of static sometimes, but I contacted support about that and they told me that it was often a function of the hearing aids needing to be cleaned. So, that seems to take care of it. Then part of it is that if I have them in long enough, my brain kind of adjusts and I don't hear the static anymore.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I'm really happy with Audicus. I like the Bluetooth. I chose Audicus because it was less money and their product seemed the real deal. These look like the ones that Beltone and Miracle-Ear and the big players, Costco, have. They also didn't have a cheap look to them like the other discounted ones. I had Miracle-Ear for about six years. The thing with Miracle-Ear is they call you back after about a year, and immediately, they're starting to try to sell you new hearing aids after one year. So far, nobody has ever called me back from Audicus trying to push a new set of hearing aids on me, even though I'm probably getting to the point that they could sell me on some. I had hearing aids before, they replaced the ones that I had. They did a better job. Without them, I'm lost. I've recommended Audicus to a lot of people and they've been happy with them, too.

Audicus response

We are so happy to hear you love your Audicus hearing aids, Rich! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

The hearing aid works pretty good for me. They called me after I got the hearing aid several times and asked me how I was doing and offered to help.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had a wonderful experience. This is due to the in-person attention from Jordan **. I would not have ordered the WAVE online. The personal services makes all the difference to ensure the best possible option for the user. Thank you Jordan!

Audicus response

Hi Teresa, thank you so much for this review. We're happy to hear that you've been pleased with your Lone Tree Clinic experience - this is exactly the reason we want to have physical clinic locations! We hope you enjoy your new hearing aids.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Audicus provides a great product at an attractive price. They were very proactive in communicating with me, and were always ready and willing to answer any questions that I may have. The people at Audicus are great to work with. Their product is fantastic, and works flawlessly. A good company to work with.

Audicus response

Hi Michael, we are very happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our team and products. Please reach out if you ever need anything!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Damned Covid mask pulled out my left hearing aid about a month ago, didn't notice it until after I got home. Contacted Audicus via e-mail and have had no response from them. A lot of good it did to purchase the extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I liked this company. Found them to be responsive in my needs and the product to be of high quality. I had a very challenging fit and they did their best to make the product work. I would suggest getting a local hearing test and submitting that to the company for a proper fit especially if this is your first hearing aid.

Audicus response

Hi Gary, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are so pleased to be able to help you find the right hearing solution.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

My wife and I are on our fifth set of hearing aids--we have lots of experience. But this is our first set from Audicus. While our previous units were all satisfactory, these new "Spirit" aids from Audicus are significantly better. I can hear high fidelity music now that I haven't heard in twenty years. My wife is especially pleased with how much better she can hear and participate in conversations with a noisy background. The Bluetooth features are just outstanding. Using the Bluetooth TV connector we both get excellent audio sound quality directly into our ears so that we do not miss any words, even from old movies. And, coupling our cellphones directly to the hearing aids is such a luxury. We get crystal clear phone conversations all controlled with the push of a button. I stream music and podcasts while I'm outside riding my bicycle. We are very pleased. Dr. Orland **

Audicus response

Hi Orland, thank you so much for sharing your kind words! We are delighted you love your Spirit hearing aids and that the Bluetooth connectivity is such an asset to your life. We wish you all the best and are always here to help with anything you may need in the future.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have been a customer with Audicus for about 3 years and they have supported me from day one with professional prompt service. I have the Clara hearing aids and they have been terrific. I thought I needed an upgrade and ordered the Wave aids and at the same time I sent my Clara aids back in for a reprograming after a fresh hearing test. The New Wave hearing aids were great but after the reprograming I realized I did not need to replace my Clara aids quite yet. Audicus was very understanding and they gave me a refund in a timely manner and said they will always be here for my hearing needs. When the time comes to replace my Clara hearing aids I am positive I will be buying from Audicus again. Totally trustworthy company with awesome products.

Audicus response

Hi Raymond, thank you so much for your kind words. We are always here to make sure you have everything you need for happy hearing.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Ordered the Wave hearing aids from Audicus. Because of a house fire I needed to get them fairly fast. I ordered them at 3pm on Thurs and had them by 5pm the next day. They could not have been nicer and more helpful. I told them they should write a book or make a video on customer service. They have also made follow up phone calls to make sure the aids were working good for me. I highly recommend them for anyone who needs hearing aids at a reasonable price.

Audicus response

Hi Ken, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this kind review! We are delighted that we were able to help replace your hearing aids quickly and easily.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I sent back the hearing aid because it has a hissing sound to it and they're going to try to correct that. But they've been more than accommodating. The people at customer service have all been very nice. I'm going to see if they can correct this. But if not, before my 45 days are up, I'll try the Clara, and see if that could be a little better for me. I deal with a person named Angela and she's wonderful.

Audicus response

Hi Larry, thank you for sharing your experience so far with Audicus! We will continue to work hard to find the perfect hearing solution for you.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I purchased a hearing aid in hopes of hearing. There was a 45 day trial, in which I thought was good so that I could try them and see how they work for me. They became a hassle with itching my ear, falling out, and not fitting correctly. It’s difficult with glasses and a hearing aid going behind your ear. I’ve called a couple of times trying to find a solution and didn’t. They wanted me to purchase other things for itching. I was disappointed when I called to return and they immediately tell me the 45 day trial was up and wanted me to take a picture with the hearing aid in my ear. I argued that 45 days was not up, that it would be the actual day that I’m speaking to them. They were friendly and tried to be helpful until I wanted to return them. Oh she told me it was the 46 day. They will not honor their policy. I advise DO NOT PURCHASE from Audicus Hearing, New York, NY.

Audicus response

Hi Shawn, we apologize for the situation with your trial period and that your Clara hearing aid wasn't the best fit. To make this right, someone from our team will reach out to issue you a refund.

Original review: July 3, 2021

They have really good hearing aids, but their customer service says and does the opposite. My insurance doesn't cover hearing aids so I'm leasing a pair until I can afford a set. I'm having to work with my bank to get an unauthorized charge reversed in less than 24 hours after talking with Audicus about said charge.

Audicus response

Hi Amy, we are extremely sorry about your experience. We want to make sure this is all sorted for you so we will reach out ASAP.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I had my ears checked and sent in a copy of what the results were. They helped me along and answered all my questions. The Audicus hearing aids are a lot better than I ever had. I have the ones that have the Bluetooth in them. If people are gonna get hearing aids, it’s best they go with the Bluetooth.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I love the Audicus hearing aids. It doesn't have a longer wire that goes from the receiver to the speaker piece. I wish they have a slightly longer one because I seem to have big ears so they sit in a weird place. But Audicus was good. I set up a trial for some initial pair that I did not like very well. And they quickly got me into a different kind which I've been happy with. The gentleman that helped me through this whole process with numerous phone calls and checked in on me multiple times was amazing.

Audicus response

Hi Dave, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your experience shopping with us! We are pleased for you found the right hearing aids for you.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Costco offers a little bit better warranty on their products but their technical service and their technicians is pretty poor. With Audicus, the cost is a little bit higher but it’s been good with them. I was a little skeptical at first because everything's done online. But it made it a lot more convenient to reach out to them and they were very responsive.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I'm appreciate everything that having hearing aids have done for me, but it isn't the lifechanging experience I imagined. First, I have severe loss. Everything I am about to say should be read with that understanding. These may work much better for someone with mild to moderate loss. The covers that fit in the ear canal are difficult to fit on your own. Never having worn hearing aids- it took quite a while to figure out what the best fit was. I recognize in person fittings are part of what is lost by using Audicus. These work well in certain situations like one on one conversations or small groupings.

Anything involving music, a bassline, or crowded areas, just doesn't sound right and makes them almost feel useless. As a teacher, they definitely help in the classroom, but again I still can't hear well if all the kids are working- it's hard to distinguish those close to me and the background sound. The aids definitely allow me to hear much more than I would without. The support is probably the thing keeping me the most. They are super responsive and unlike the doctor's office, do not require appointments or long waits. I think if I was able to afford prescription hearing aids, I would switch without question. This, however, is a good in-between for now.

Audicus response

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. We are very sorry Audicus hearing aids haven't provided the hearing support you had hoped for. Good news though, we are re-opening our hearing clinics in NYC, Denver, and Chicago over the summer. If you live close by, we would love to welcome you in for a free consultation with our audiologist. You can learn more about our in-person locations here https://www.audicus.com/locations/

Original review: June 9, 2021

I've sent the Audicus Wave aids back for repair, twice. It's possible that the first time, I could have fixed the problem -- one of the aids would not charge at all -- by doing a hard reset, but whoever I spoke with at Audicus didn't give me that information. The second time, there was persistent and extremely annoying static in the right hearing aid. Also, one or the other of the aids did not charge properly, or at all, while on the charger overnight.

After the second return (I do not know if there were the same hearing aids I had at the beginning, or replacements), there has been no trouble charging them. Regarding static: persistent static returned on the Thursday of Holy Week this spring. Using my Bluetooth-connected phone, I found that changing the default program, "Automatic," to "Conversation in noise 1," made the static stop, for as long as I was on the CIN 1 setting. Sending them back for repair or adjustment (again) is not acceptable, since it forced me to be without any hearing aid at all for the week to week and a half it takes for Audicus to get them back to me.

However, the quality of the aids in a noisy room while on "Conversation in noise 1) is not satisfactory. I returned to work, in a busy retail environment, on May 21, and have found that I often have trouble understanding people with whom I am speaking. The Audicus Wave does not have an "Mumbled or rapid speech through a mask" as a setting. I am uncertain whether I will renew my Audicus Wave subscription beyond the first 18 months. I see that I am required to waive certain right (see below) to send Audicus this comment.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I contacted Audicus through their "chat" link online. I was told that they couldn't help me. I was given a method of contact again online. I did contact them. I still have a broken right hearing aid. The ear "plugs" don't fit either. They were very attentive when I was ordering. I had a problem earlier and sent both aids in to see if they could be adjusted to work better. They were sent back but I noticed no difference. At this time, I am using an old hearing aid in my right ear and the Audicus one in my left ear.

Hi Rita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this important feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not get the support you needed while trying to fix your broken hearing aid, and we also apologize for the difficulty with the plugs. A member of our team will contact you privately to begin addressing your issue. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this!

Original review: June 9, 2021

Miguel has followed up on me several times since I bought new hearing aids. The new cone design on the Wave is very itchy - even after several weeks. Miguel said the older cone design sent with the Clara would fit the Wave. They arrived just a few days later. Thank you!

Audicus response

Hi Paul, we are glad Miguel was able to solve your problem! Please reach out to us any time if you need anything else.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I received my HAs on 10/5/20. I returned them for reprogramming on 10/8/20, and the turn-around time was fast. The reprogramming was to my satisfaction. The HAs have been working flawlessly. I think that because I have them linked to my iPhone via Bluetooth, they go through batteries pretty quickly, probably every three days. Fortunately, I am on the Audicus subscription plan, so they send me batteries every three months as part of the plan. At some point I may consider switching to rechargeable HAs. So far the experience, 9 months in, has been all positive.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback and we are so happy to hear that your Waves are working to your liking. If you are ever interested in looking into rechargeable models, please call us at 917-999-0705 and we can arrange for a Hearing Specialist to assist you.

Original review: June 9, 2021

I originally was pleased with the hearing aids, but I don’t think they are working well now. I am not sure I would purchase them again. I did have a reprogramming scheduled, but didn’t get them in the mail. I thought they could reprogram them remotely. The people that I talked to have been very nice to deal with, just not sure I love the product.

Original review: June 2, 2021

The reps at Audicus contacted me several times and they took care of everything. I've had hearing aids for quite a few years now and I just wanted one that we felt would be good without spending $7,000. And this was what we decided on. The quality is very good.

Audicus response

Hi Lela, thank you for leaving a rating and sharing your experience. We are so pleased you love your new hearing aids!

Original review: May 28, 2021

I interacted with an Audicus the hearing specialist and my experience went smoothly. I'm still trying to get used to my hearing aids. I don't wear them a lot because I'm not around a whole lot of people. Sometimes, they're okay when I use them. I'm new to this and Audicus is geared more towards people that already have them. On the whole, I'd tell others to take a look at the company.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! We’re happy that you chose to try Audicus for your first hearing aids. We aim to provide the best support for each of our customers, regardless of their prior hearing aid experience. We will be sure to have our Customer Service team follow up with you to make sure you have everything you need.

Original review: May 26, 2021

The product is a decent one, it helps hearing but not to the degree of the more expensive ones. It does a better job at the price point than anything else I've tried, which is in its own category of rental as all the others are purchase only. Insurance doesn't help unfortunately, and I had it available to spend. The customer service department, the sales department, and the shipping department did a poor job of coordinating, and it took forever to actually get the product--and the sales person could not be reached any longer. It's far from perfect, but still decent.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We will use it to improve our customer experience, particularly in the transition from our Sales team to our Customer Service team after a purchase has been made. If you need any additional assistance, please reach out to our Customer Service team at help@audicus.com or call us at 917-999-0705 and we can arrange for a Hearing Specialist to assist you.

Audicus Company Information