4.2/5 (86 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has four hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Top Audicus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I ...

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its optional membership program, called Audicus Plus. You pay a monthly membership fee based on the model you choose, ranging from $89 to $119, to essentially lease your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a one-time startup fee of $299, $399 or $499, depending on the hearing aid model. There is an 18-month contract with a $499 early cancellation fee. After 18 months, you can cancel or renew your membership by sending back your hearing aids.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid costs

Audicus claims that by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

ModelStarting price
Mini$999 per ear
Wave (battery-operated)$699 per ear
Wave (rechargeable)$899 per ear
Spirit (battery-operated)$1,199 per ear
Spirit (rechargeable)$1,399 per ear
Omni (battery-operated)$1,499 per ear
Omni (rechargeable)$1,699 per ear

Audicus has partnered with CareCredit and Allegro Credit to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $89 to $119 per pair, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a two-year warranty and free shipping in the U.S.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 45-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?

Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.

Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?

Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.

Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?

The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.

How long do Audicus batteries last?

Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 45-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I'm liking Audicus very much. They are very helpful and I've been coming back. This is my third set of hearing aids from Audicus. The first device I had was the Diaz then I moved up to the Wave. I've recently moved up to the Omni. I had them a couple of years each time. I wanted to keep up with the technology as best I can while I can afford that easily. I love the Omni. It's incredible. It's more three-dimensional in sound and they bring a new dimension to hearing aids completely. This one allows you to use a remote on your phone so you have control over your hearing aid's volume and a number of the features right on your phone.

They can also do updates directly through your phone to your hearing aid so you don't have to send them back in anymore. I've done one of those already. They initially sent me settings. But I had a little bit of some feedback every once in a while. We talked about it with the consultant and within 48 hours, they had arranged for that update to hit. It shows an alert on your phone. You hit a button, it opens up the app, puts it on your hearing aids, and it's all done. The convenience is great there. It also allows you to change programs if you want rather than fiddling with buttons on the hearing aids. They work, but it's a lot of extra work. These are also rechargeable. It's the first set of those that I've ever had and they have their own little outfits that you put them in every night and they charge up conveniently. Then, you just pull them out in the morning and they automatically turn on.

Over the years, I've had three different consultants. Every one of them is so well-trained. They listen. It's so hard to find companies that listen to their customers and make suggestions based on what they think which meets what the customer said. They ask a lot of questions to make sure they're getting it right. They'll always give you the time to think. I refer my friends to Audicus all the time.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called Audicus and it was a pleasant experience because they picked up after one ring. The party at the end of the phone was a listener and informative so, they immediately created good vibes. I originally went through a procedure where my insurance company said who the audiologist I had to use if I want to access their subsidies. The guy spent about 10 minutes with me and told me to write them a check for 3,500 bucks. I asked if that was in addition to the insurance company paying $3,000 and he said yes. I asked if the hearing aids costs $6,500 and he didn't like that, because I was doing the math.

I started getting into the hearing aid business and calling around, and it's not unusual to have complicity. Apparently, what happens is that this particular audiology company paid Blue Cross maybe a million bucks to be the exclusive provider. Then, Blue Cross comes up with the $3,000 for the hearing aids and then, they soak a person for the other 3,500 bucks. Audicus is entirely different. It’s an interesting situation because apparently, the founder or the guy who put it together ran into the same situation I did. He went in and he thought it was a bunch of crap so, he created this system on the internet.

Audicus has an audiologist and they do everything by telephone and the price for quality hearing aids was 2,400 bucks. I like their style of doing business. These hearing aids worked though there are some adjustments that can be done. They do the adjustments through the internet and through the iPhone app. So they're tech savvy and have good follow up. I was very impressed with the marketing guy because he wasn't a salesman. He listened and tried to understand what the situation was plus he seemed to know something about what was going on with regard to hearing loss.

I was having trouble hearing women who had higher pitch voices and also children. So, I had difficulty hearing my grandkids, because they have a higher pitched voice. I don't have any problem with a man as well as driving along and hearing stuff in the road. So these things have to be tailored to the person's individual hearing profile that is determined by hearing tests. And you can see the lines for normal hearing, my hearing, and where I’m deficient. So Audicus is good about educating people.

Audicus response

Hi David, we are so glad you had a great experience with our team! We are glad to have found a solution that works for you.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I got the outer ear hearing aids, but I just sent mine back in because we have to wear masks and helmets for my job and it was conflicting with that. Plus, the clarity could be a little better. I definitely noticed my TV volume was lower, and my wife, dealing with me for as long as she has and having the hearing loss, definitely could talk not quite as loud. It was just the conversations. We have electronic hearing protection at work that amplifies stuff, and it reminded me of that. You could definitely hear things better. It just wasn't any clearer. I still have some issues with knowing exactly what people are saying.

The hearing aids are a good tool, and at some point down the road, I'll get some inner ear ones. I talked to Audicus, but they didn't make an inner ear one that would work for the type of hearing loss that I have. My stuff's all high pitch and I have moderate to severe hearing loss. They said that the stuff inside the ear is typically for not quite as dramatic hearing loss.

Audicus response

Hi John, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5-star review! We're glad the hearing aids were helpful in some regards. We are very sorry that you were having issues with clarity though. It seems you have returned your aids now, but in the future, if you need anything please reach out. Our audiologist can help you find a hearing aid that works for you, both in terms of comfort while at work and clarity.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I went online to do the hearing test and there, I ended up getting a phone call from an Audicus sales rep. I placed my order roughly a week ago on a Friday, I got it on a Saturday, and I've been wearing them ever since. With only roughly seven days using it, it's very good. I downloaded the app to adjust the volume on each of the hearing aids. The one thing I don't like about the app is that if I move it over to a single icon and only adjust one of the two, it will move them down in the current position that I have them set, just at a lower level, keying in on the lowest level versus the highest level.

But now, I get to turn the TV down from a 19 to an 8 and that makes my wife ask me to turn up the volume so she can hear. So, my hearing’s improved. Although, the one thing that I've noticed, I pick up a lot of extra noises that I don't think would be normal in normal hearing. I can hear my dogs walking and their toenails clicking, indicating they need to be trimmed. Under normal circumstances, I don't think I would hear that. I also hear noises when I'm turning the page in a book or my wife is turning the page in a book. I think I just haven't gotten the system tuned properly to my ears.

Audicus response

Hi Ben, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating and share your experience. We are so glad you love your new hearing aids. We want to make sure everything is perfect for you though, so a Hearing Specialist will reach out ASAP to help with any necessary adjustments.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I have ordered the same hearing aid twice from Audicus (I lost the first one) and have been very impressed with the quality and service both times. The Internet is full of questionable hearing aids that turn out to be different from the types you would get from a registered audiologist. But the ones from Audicus I purchased (the Clara model) seem to be top-quality using the latest technology and the same that you would get from a top manufacturer like Siemens, Widex, etc., except without the ridiculous price mark ups.

The Clara is much much better sound clarity than my 10 year old Widex and I like that you can adjust the volume on the device without needing a remote or app. It also has two microphones and auto adjusts to background noise which is great. I never have felt the need switch it to different sound profiles/programs manually unlike my older hearing aid. I like that Audicus offers models that use batteries rather than having to be recharged since batteries are so cheap on the Internet now and I can always have spare batteries handy rather than needing to be constantly recharging a built-in battery that will eventually fail over the years. I also like that I can avoid having to pay for Bluetooth connectivity which is pointless for me since I only use a single hearing aid.

The only downside is that I don't live in the US, so shipping the hearing aid back for reprogramming or maintenance would be a pain, but I haven't had to do that. It would be great if I could reprogram the hearing aid myself (or have it reprogrammed remotely, but those hearing aid models are several hundred dollars more). The followup from Audicus is great. They are very quick to answer questions and provide suggestions.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Alexandra was thorough and patient. She carefully listened to my questions and provided clear, detailed answers regarding my concerns. She has exceptional interpersonal skills and presents a warm, caring and enthusiastic demeanor. Alexandra is the delight that brightened my day.

Respectfully,

Robert **

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

My customer service agent Corey ** has been absolutely wonderful. Professional, helpful, intuitive, diligent, and warm. He has made my experience exceptional. I hope all your reps are as devoted as him. He answered all my questions on the phone, and followed up to my emails with expedience and answers. It has been a joy working with him through the difficult experience of losing my hearing at a younger than average age. He continues to be an expert when it comes to follow-up. I could not ask for more when it comes to customer service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I bought 2 hearing aids from Audicus and had nothing but issues with the products from the get-go. Now after spending $2000 and 1 and a half years later it breaks down again. Now it's $400 to repair them. Take my advice to never buy hearing aids from an online store because it takes weeks to get anything done. Go to your local Hearing aid store so you have a place to go to.

Audicus response

Hi there, we are very sorry you are disappointed with the service. We want to do everything we can to make this right and ensure you have what you need. A Hearing Specialist will reach out ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

When I reported right hearing aid not working, I was told to clean it. This is a rental. You should service it without my having to do anything except to send it back to you. Until now, I was very happy with your service and planned to purchase a pair, but after being without one of my hearing aids for two months, I will probably be buying from another company.

Audicus response

Hi Jeanine, we are very sorry about the issues with your hearing aid. It looks like you were working with a Hearing Specialist in October who was actively helping you. Many problems can be resolved without sending in your hearing aids so we always try and troubleshoot that way first. It saves you from having to be without your hearing aids for a week or two. You should have an email from your Hearing Specialist, John in your inbox with more information. We will do our best to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

It is next to impossible to contact Audicus by phone, voicemails are ignored, for the most part. Recently I my aids were not working, I called Audicus and was told to send them in for reprogramming. Your new address was not forthcoming, and no SO number was received. Consequently, my aids were lost in the mail, and I had to purchase new ones. I've been underwhelmed with the service as a whole.

Audicus response

Hi Karyn, we are very sorry that your hearing aids were lost in the mail. We do our best to ensure they are safely delivered to our office but unfortunately, sometimes issues with delivery are beyond our control. We apologize that you were unable to reach us, a Hearing Specialist will reach out to you today to make sure you have what you need.

Audicus Company Information