Get Pricing

4.4/5 (78 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Top Audicus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The best hearing aids I ever owned, the people are great, they are always in touch with me for adjustments and anything I may need like additions I need for my aids, thanks so muc...

Verified

Excellent hearing aid technology. Easy to use and are effective is resolving hearing loss issues. I particularly like the ability to make adjustments via Bluetooth devices, and I ...

About Audicus hearing aids

Audicus’s goal is to make hearing health more accessible both financially and physically. You can handle every step of its process online, from your hearing test to placing your order. Audicus cuts out the middleman and works directly with manufacturers, allowing it to offer reduced prices.

One other thing that helps set Audicus apart is its membership program. You can pay a monthly membership fee to essentially rent your hearing aids. Membership includes:

• A pair of hearing aids
  • Unlimited support
  • Loss and damage protection
  • New accessories at least every three months
  • New hearing aids every 18 months

The membership includes a $100 one-time startup fee. There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel at any time.

In addition to its online options, Audicus has hearing stores in select U.S. locations. Its flagship clinics are located in Denver and New York.

Audicus hearing aid cost

Audicus claims that, by cutting out intermediaries, it’s able to save you as much as 70%:

• The Dia II starts at $499 per ear.
  • The Clara and the Aura start at $699 per ear.
  • The Wave starts at $899 per ear.
  • The Spirit starts at $1,399 per ear.

Audicus has partnered with Affirm to provide payment plans for six, 12 or 18 months. It also offers a membership plan with monthly costs ranging from $39 to $89 per ear, depending on the model you choose. Audicus provides a one-year warranty and free shipping in the United States.

How to buy Audicus hearing aids

Audicus aims to make your purchase process simple. You can submit an already completed hearing test or use the free online test that Audicus provides. From there, you choose the model that best suits your needs and budget. You can buy your hearing aids outright or receive them through a monthly membership, and you can purchase them online or in-store at one of the company's clinic locations.

The Audicus team tailors your order to match your specific needs and sends your products straight to your door. Once you receive your hearing aids, you get a 45-day money-back trial period. You also have access to unlimited support from the Audicus team.

Audicus FAQ

Is Audicus a hearing aid or an amplifier?
Audicus sells hearing aids. Hearing amplifiers are available over the counter and are designed for recreational activities such as hunting, bird-watching and going to the theater. While hearing amplifiers increase all noise around you, hearing aids filter out background noise. Hearing aids can also be programmed specifically for your hearing loss.
Are Audicus hearing aids good for tinnitus?
Yes. In general, hearing aids can help mask tinnitus. Certain Audicus hearing aid models also provide tinnitus masking with specialized programming.
Does Medicare cover Audicus hearing aids?
The most common parts of Medicare, parts A and B, don’t cover hearing aids. Some Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) may be able to help with the cost of hearing aids, though.
How long do Audicus batteries last?
Audicus standard batteries generally last between 80 and 160 hours, or roughly seven to 10 days. Audicus rechargeable batteries generally last 24 hours.

Do we recommend Audicus hearing aids?

Audicus is a worthwhile option if you’re shopping around for a hearing aid. It offers budget-friendly hearing aids directly to customers, and with both payment plans and membership options, the company is able to serve a wide array of people. There’s also limited risk since the company has a 45-day trial period. Just make sure you choose a model that matches your hearing needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I have ordered the same hearing aid twice from Audicus (I lost the first one) and have been very impressed with the quality and service both times. The Internet is full of questionable hearing aids that turn out to be different from the types you would get from a registered audiologist. But the ones from Audicus I purchased (the Clara model) seem to be top-quality using the latest technology and the same that you would get from a top manufacturer like Siemens, Widex, etc., except without the ridiculous price mark ups.

The Clara is much much better sound clarity than my 10 year old Widex and I like that you can adjust the volume on the device without needing a remote or app. It also has two microphones and auto adjusts to background noise which is great. I never have felt the need switch it to different sound profiles/programs manually unlike my older hearing aid. I like that Audicus offers models that use batteries rather than having to be recharged since batteries are so cheap on the Internet now and I can always have spare batteries handy rather than needing to be constantly recharging a built-in battery that will eventually fail over the years. I also like that I can avoid having to pay for Bluetooth connectivity which is pointless for me since I only use a single hearing aid.

The only downside is that I don't live in the US, so shipping the hearing aid back for reprogramming or maintenance would be a pain, but I haven't had to do that. It would be great if I could reprogram the hearing aid myself (or have it reprogrammed remotely, but those hearing aid models are several hundred dollars more). The followup from Audicus is great. They are very quick to answer questions and provide suggestions.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have been wanting to upgrade my hearing aids but I wasn't ready to go spend $5,000. I was taken by Audicus' promotion and advertising. The more I looked into it and checked their status, I become aware that they are a decent product. I'm pleased with the quality of the hearing aids I got and I'm hearing things that I haven't heard for a long time. It's clearer too. That was what I was after because there were certain levels of my wife's voice that weren't there. She would say something and I would hear parts of it. Sometimes it's not enough to really identify what she is saying. We made adjustments to my hearing aids and now they are able to capture those parts, which is much better.

I had a couple of issues that I was disappointed with but they were solved almost immediately. The hearing aids are a lot of money and I wonder if they should even be having those issues. I had an issue last week. In the morning, I took the hearing aids out of the charger and one of them didn't come on. I called Audicus and spoke with a very pleasant person. She was on top of her game and said they would take care of my hearing aids. She walked me through the procedures. One was a 20-second procedure while the other was a 30-second one. After that, the hearing aids were working. That was great but it would have been nice if the problem did not even happen.

Another thing was I went on my phone and the app was able to identify with our church's up-to-date modern system, but my hearing aids were dead before the day was over. I sapped the battery on it. Yesterday, I didn't bother to turn that feature on and I could hear fine. The frustration of the dead battery was more concerning than missing a little something in the church.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The hearing aids I had for five years were no longer working very well. I went back to my audiologist and she had told me that it was going to be 6,900 for the hearing aids. I called Audicus and I got to talk to this guy named Ben. He told me all the stuff then said he would check back to see if he could help me. He called back and he missed me. He called back again then I called him back. He was very nice the whole time and he did his job extremely well. I spent 35 years managing a company so I'm very aware of how that stuff works and I appreciate people who are not pushy and know what they're talking about. That was why I went with Audicus.

All companies have free hearing tests. You can go as many times as you want if you think something's not right. What's different with Audicus is I could do their hearing test online to see what it is and see if anything changed. I decided to go with the best hearing aids that Audicus had because I wanted to try to do everything. After speaking with them and after being told why the particular model was better as well as what it could do, I investigated again and decided to go with the better set.

I could have complete my purchase online but Ben said he could also do it with me on the phone. He called back the next day and we did that. He helped me fill out things quickly and it was extremely easy. Things worked out well. I was happy that Ben was very informative and was willing to do what was needed to get the job done. Even the follow-up is extremely good. A rep named Gina constantly sends tips and questions. She asks if everything is okay and if I have any questions. I'm happy with everything and I recommended Audicus to a couple of people.

On the whole, I'm hearing well with my Audicus set. I don't have to ask my wife "Huh?" every time she talks. I can turn my hearing aids up and down either left or right or both. Sometimes, when I'm watching television and there are other people in the room, I turn them down and not up. That works a little bit better. When I'm outside, it's better when they're louder.

Audicus response

Hi Joe, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience with Ben and Audicus. We are thrilled to help.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Audicus' hearings aids are really hearing aids and not amplifiers. A lot of companies advertising online are just amplifiers. I bought a set of hearing aids about four years ago and I was pretty well-satisfied with them. I did my purchase over the phone and the person was very knowledgeable although there were a couple of questions that she really wasn't sure about. She got back to me with a later call.

My hearing loss is pretty bad, especially in the right ear. I scored two out of five on the hearing test. My hearing aids have changed my life somewhat. But sometimes, I would go a day without wearing them because when I'm around the house, they tend to make the inside of my ears a little sore. I tried other domes sizes and they didn't work as well as the medium domes. I have the Spirit model and I like the Bluetooth feature. When I'm driving, that's the most favorable thing about it.

The only negative I have with these hearing aids is there is a program you can put on your phone. It allows me to adjust the volume individually for the left or the hearing aid. That was what I really wanted but the phone just won't hold it. I checked comments and this seems to be a problem with a lot of people. Perhaps the problem is with my phone model, which is a Samsung. I tried the program on my iPad and the iPad will hold it. But I'm not gonna walk around with an iPad all the time.

Audicus response

Hi Bill, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely, detailed review. We are delighted your hearing aids are working so well for you and that you love the Bluetooth feature.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I like the hearing airds. But at one point, I started getting a lot of static in my last hearing aid, so I sent them back. Audicus just cleaned them and said that was a little speck of earwax, which I didn't fall for. I kept telling the reps what was wrong with it, but they kept reading the same thing off the card. I've had hearing aids many times. I know what can affect them and such. And I didn’t go for it.

I finally convinced them to send them back, but when they came back and it still had the noise, I was disappointed. But later, the fella called back to see how they were doing. And he said if it wasn't working, he got an okay from his supervisor to just swap it out with a new one. But I kept wearing it for a couple of days, and then the static went away and it hasn't been back since. The quality is lifelike. I've had four sets of hearing aids. I had one pair that was completely in the ear a long time ago, and they were $8,000 ones. I loved them, but I lost one. So, I was out. I've tried a couple of less expensive ones and they haven't come to my expectations. But these are working really well. I enjoy them.

Audicus response

Hi Charles, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very sorry for the troubles you experienced but are thrilled you are now enjoying happy hearing. Enjoy your hearing aids!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

For a while, I seemed to be having a problem with the left Audicus hearing aid. It would work intermittently. But lately, it seems to be working okay, and I'm not quite sure what to think of that. I've also had to call into Chris for three days and he hasn’t called me back yet. I want to get the Bluetooth set up, which I have not done yet. I tried it and I couldn't seem to make it work myself. I also would like to know what my payment plan is and how much and when to pay. But other than that, for the price and for the support systems, I would like to keep them. I'm pleased with Audicus. It seems to work and it's certainly a lot less money. For me, that was part of what I was looking for.

Audicus response

Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave your 4-star review. We do apologize though for the issues you are experiencing. We want to make this right for you so a member of our support team will reach out to you ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Excellent Product. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch with an affordable price point compared to competitors. As good as the product is, the customer service is even better. From the hearing test to the continued follow-up have exemplifies the service being above and beyond any expectations.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Audicus couldn’t have been better so far. If someone has not been there to answer my question when I call, my calls have always been returned promptly. My concerns or requests have all been handled with understanding and action. I would recommend Audicus to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The guys I worked with, Bobby and Jordan, at the Lone Tree, CO location, have been nothing short of phenomenal. I am located out of state and was in need of hearing aids for my mom. My mom is a resident in an assisted living facility, and having no way to transport my mom to the Audicus facility. I was really stuck. Bobby said, "No problem, I will go to her and perform hearing tests and get her what she needs." Wow, above and beyond to me. He has made trips back to the facility to see how she is adapting and if anything further was needed. Great customer relationship is noteworthy these days.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Audicus was advertised at Sam's Club. I was thinking I was dealing with Sam's but it turned out, no. They're just contractors. We were led to believe we could get a deal there. We didn't want to spend too little, but we didn't want to spend too much either. I negotiated a discount with them. They were offering $400 off but I felt their advertising was misleading enough and I raised a stink about it. They said they'd give me another $200 off. I told them I'm a veteran so the total discount was $600, which I very much appreciated. I like the way they handled themselves. I liked especially the fact that they were kind and open enough to negotiate with me on the price. We have insurance that's supposed to reimburse us for part of it. So, it cut the cost for us nearly in half.

The hearing aid is a good product that's in transition. It has yet to be perfected all the way around. I wanted Bluetooth and I got it. So far, I've been able to hear the TV well enough without having the Bluetooth plugged in. I wanted not to mess with batteries and I was able to get the rechargeable feature.

Audicus Company Information