It's that easy Request Information
4.67/5
Based on 435 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1788 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My hearing loss was bad. I could hear sounds but I couldn't distinguish what anybody was saying half of the time. My husband and I bought our hearing aids from Miracle-Ear and they have been really nice to work with. We got the style that goes behind the ear then puts the tiny thing in the ear. It was the most expensive style they had and it was what they offered to us when we needed hearing aids. I normally wear my hearing aid around the house and I can hear really well with it. I put it in when I first get up and take my shower. I like my hearing aid and my husband likes his hearing aid too.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had partial hearing loss and I went to Miracle-Ear and got a hearing aid from them. The style of hearing aid that I got has a speaker inside the ear and a microphone that hangs over the back of the ear. My hearing aid has helped me a little. Although my ability to hear now is certainly not perfect and close to being 100%, it's 50% better and I seem to be able to hear what everybody else can hear, especially in noisy situations. But it seemed that every time I combed my hair, I ripped one hearing aid off my ear and that was a pain in the butt. But other than that, my hearing aid is okay and the staff has been marvelous. The specialist and the office manager have both been awesome in helping and serving me, and in fixing my hearing aid. I'm 50% satisfied with the instrument and 100% satisfied with the staff.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Having my Miracle-Ear hearing aid has made my life better because I can hear things with it. I have the style of hearing aid that is behind my ear then goes over it and people don't even know that I'm wearing my hearing aid. Also, I've had a wonderful experience in dealing with the reps whose professionalism was good.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Miracle-Ear was recommended to me and I bought a hearing aid from them. The style of hearing aid that I got was one of the better ones. But the only problem I've been having with my hearing aid is that I've been getting a lot of static every time I went outside and started sweating, but they said I shouldn’t be having that static. The interactions that I've had with their reps have all been good, except for one man that I took to court. He lied in court and I won the decision. Other than that, Miracle-Ear has helped make my hearing a little better.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Robin had a hearing problem and she got her hearing aid from Miracle-Ear which was the most popular name of the day. She has been with them for 10 years and she's perfectly happy with them. She got the hearing aid model that goes behind the ear and she puts part of it in her ear. She likes the reps a lot and her interactions with them have been fine. She thinks a lot of Miracle-Ear.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was not understanding what people on TV were saying. At that time Miracle-Ear used to be in with Sears and I had seen them there. I got the hearing aid which goes behind the ear and my interaction with the Miracle-Ear team was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My husband's hearing is very poor and he's considered deaf without hearing aids. We were desperate to find something helpful and the hearing aid from Miracle-Ear is our fourth set of hearing aids. Since having it, our TV is not as loud and he can understand more of the conversation when we have family gatherings. He's part of the meetings and his life is happier and easier.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My hearing was bad. In one year, it was a little more than halfway. I knew about Miracle-Ear and that they have been around for a long time. Also, they were in the facility that I wanted to go to. The hearing aids I got have Bluetooth and they are the better hearing aids for me. I like them because I can change the volume on them and listen to the TV through them. I also can hear people. There was one day when I went into the grocery store and I couldn't get the girl to help me. When she did, I couldn't hear her either. It was because I forgot the hearing aids. Then I had to go home and get them. It made a big difference for me.

I also love the fellow at the store. His name is Ron. He is a top-notch technician. He was the very first that ever fitted me with hearing aids. I asked him questions back then. If he didn't know the answer, he would find it and he would have the answer. However, he left Miracle-Ear for a while. I was really upset and I didn't have a good technician after that at all. Nevertheless, Ron is back now and it makes me very happy that he is. I recommend Miracle-Ear very highly.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had hearing loss in one ear and Miracle-Ear has certainly helped me. I got the hearing aid that goes inside my ear canal and there’s a tiny wire that goes over the ear for control. I’m happy with everything and I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Neil's hearing loss was bad and he was 95% deaf in one ear. We were with Costco for his hearing aid before, but we were having trouble sending it back all the time due to problems with the receivers and we also had to mail back the billings all the time, so we decided to go with Miracle-Ear and he got the hearing aid model that's behind-the-ear. He had to have that type with a mold because he is so deaf and they said he couldn't use the one that goes in the ear. Neil likes his hearing aid, but has had quite a bit of trouble with it. We had trouble with the reps in getting a mold that would fit, but apart from that we've had good luck with them. The gal in Billing was nice and she wanted to help us. Since Neil has been using his hearing aid, it has worked really well when it has been working, and he said it just needs a little better adjustment.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My husband could hardly hear anything before. It was very bad, especially on the low end that's super high. We usually put the closed caption on the bottom of the TV and he would just read it. We had tried several companies and worked with someone we were very comfortable with at MiracleEar. We asked about the one that just fit in the ear and Miracle-Ear's rep said it would not pick up nearly enough to make the difference. So instead, we bought a behind-the-ear one and had a very good deal. The cost was high, but most of the hearing aids that we had looked at were about the same price.

That hearing aid has made a big difference. He can hear me better and outside. Also, he can hear different sounds better, ones he could never hear before. He drove in his truck the first few days, and he says he didn't know his turn signal clicked. The first day we went outside, he asked me what was the noise he kept hearing which were the leaves under his feet that he couldn't hear before.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have a severe hearing loss especially in one ear but my Miracle-Ear hearing aids made it so much more pleasant to be among people. They work fine in every situation I'm in and I can change it if I'm in a restaurant or if I'm listening to TV. I have absolutely no complaints with regards to the overall functionality and performance of the hearing aids. Since I didn't want a total in-the-ear style, I went with the over-the-ear product where the bulk of it is over the ear and then I put the scallop thing that leads to the small thing inside my ear. Additionally, the consultants at Miracle-Ear have always been wonderful. Their rep always gives me good and fair prices. The second time they were having a deal, I ended up paying half the price.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My mom has partial hearing loss and a friend referred her to Miracle-Ear. She was in her 80’s at that time and she went with the in-the-ear hearing aids, the same style that she still uses. It was in Indiana where she originally purchased them and had the sales team fit her. But she was extremely unhappy. I live in the Phoenix area and she would come out and visit our family and stay a week or two. In one of her visits, she expressed how upset and disappointed she was with her hearing aids. They were new and she paid so much for them.

We went to a local Miracle-Ear place and the fellow there was extremely helpful. He tuned up the hearing aids, adjusted them for her and did all the things that the people in Indiana said they couldn’t do. It was great. Before she left his office, she could hear for the first time. So, he was a lifesaver for her and for Miracle-Ear because we were ready to throw them out and get something else. But from that time forward, every time she would come out, we would visit him and get a tune-up to make sure everything was okay. And eventually, I moved her out here. She now lives in an independent living section of a retirement community and she is getting along great. We go to the local Miracle-Ear place every 90 days.

In the beginning, we felt really bad about Miracle-Ear because we weren’t getting both the human service as well as the mechanical service out of the hearing aids. But when we started getting the service, the value of the hearing aids became clear and she began to rely on them. The hearing aids have impacted everything about her, including her personality and general functioning in life. When she does not have the hearing aids on or when the batteries fail, I can tell immediately and I waste no time checking on them and changing the battery if necessary. The Miracle-Ear hearing aid makes a huge impact and it’s very positive. The company is great and the product is excellent. We’re very happy overall.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I had partial hearing loss and I went with Miracle-Ear's hearing aid due to the price. I got the style that's in-the-ear since I liked its cost. The sales reps were very helpful and the service provided by the team was great. Since using the hearing aid, I'm hearing better, so that's an improvement. It has helped me to understand what people are saying and I don't have to ask them to repeat.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I couldn't hear very well and everything was muffled all the time. I chose Miracle-Ear for the convenience of knowing that it was right and that it was close by. I had great interactions with their reps. I liked them. I got the behind the ear hearing aid and it has impacted my life a lot. Now my family doesn't have to hear me say "What?" all the time. The Miracle-Ear product is great and the quality is well worth it though I want it cheap for sure. Still, I've already referred Miracle-Ear to friends of mine.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My hearing loss was annoying before I got in touch with Miracle-Ear. That was the hearing aid company we had used for my stepfather when he got his hearing aid and we got an ad, so that's where we decided to go. We've had great interactions with the reps. We got the hearing aid style that goes behind the ear and hooks over with a little piece that pokes in the ear. The hearing aid's performance has been great and its cost was really good.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I worked around heavy equipment in a boiler plant. I was a plumber and I worked around a lot of loud noise. I could tell that I was losing my hearing because I had to turn the TV up louder and my wife had to repeat something to me. Miracle-Ear had an advertisement in the paper and they're only a mile from my house. So, we went out there, the two ladies were very helpful. The lady receptionist was very nice and accommodating. And the lady that gave my hearing test was very nice too. She explained everything to my wife and I, and they did a very good job.

I got the hearing aid that fits behind the ear and it was expensive. I’m gonna need them the rest of my life, so I just went with the best I could get. Overall, its functionality and performance were very good. I’ve had a couple of small problems, but I would call them, I’d take it out since it’s only five minutes from my house and they’d fix it for me. So far, I’m very, very, very satisfied. I didn’t realize how much I was missing until I got the hearing aids. I would highly recommend them. With the quality of the hearing aids and the service that I have received from them, I couldn’t for ask anything more.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

My hearing loss was bad. It was decreased but not full hearing loss. I went to Miracle-Ear and they treated me well. They know how to do a hearing test and they know if one needs a hearing aid or not. Nine years ago, I was so shocked by the cost of the hearing aids but I have been in shock by the cost of any hearing device right now because they’re all high. Nonetheless, Miracle-Ear hearing aids made me able to stay married to my wife as she was gonna leave me because I couldn’t hear anything. Overall, Miracle-Ear is great and they’ll help you to hear.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I got the behind-the-ear hearing aid from Miracle-Ear and I have been quite pleased with its performance. Also, everything has been fine with their reps. I’ve been for my checkups like I was supposed to and they treat me well. Before I got my hearing aid, I was at 50% hearing loss and now, I can hear so much better. I can watch TV and not go, “What did they say?”

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Josh ** at the San Luis Obispo office has made my life much more enjoyable by providing me with excellent hearing devices. My high frequency hearing was quite bad and now I hear the total spectrum, including my grandkids' voices. Wonderful. Josh has also provided great service. Always smiling and very knowledgeable about his product.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Miracle-Ear seems to be working okay, but not great. Before I had this hearing aid, my hearing loss was fairly severe. My device fits in the ear canal and I have a little thing behind the ear. It was kind of expensive, but the people I dealt with have been excellent. My wife is very happy too that I got them. I'd get a little more in the conversations than I used to. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I was having trouble understanding my cousin on the phone because she has a real soft voice. Also, I couldn’t hear what people were saying at committee meetings and board meetings. My husband got his hearing aid at Miracle-Ear so I went with them as well. I got a behind-the-ear and they were too expensive but it works. Their hearing aid makes it easier for me to hear what’s going on although I don’t catch everything. Also, their customer service is good. They provide two years of free batteries.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have partial hearing loss. Miracle Ear was recommended by a friend of my husband’s and when I bought it, I got along fine with their sales and customer service reps. They did a real good job. I got the behind-the-ear style and it is the one they recommended. It’s very good and I’m really pleased with it. I hear a lot better with my Miracle-Ear hearing aid and now, I don’t have to make people repeat their sentences.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had other hearing aids and the quality was not as good as Miracle-Ear. With Miracle-Ear, it's more of a natural sound. I got the Genius model and I liked the quality of it when I was trying them on. The staff are very kind and they take very good care of me. They are very courteous and if they don’t have the answer to my questions, they find it and get back to me.

All hearing aids are priced too high for something that is a necessity for people, especially older people on fixed income but I'm very satisfied with the product that I have with Miracle-Ear. However, I really hated the CaptionCall I was able to get through them because I couldn’t understand half the people, especially people that don’t open their mouth really wide when they're talking. I was missing a lot and I was having to guess a lot of the conversations that was taking place. I was answering inappropriately to some things because I wasn’t hearing correctly.

Other than that, it's been a wonderful experience all the way around. Miracle-Ear has been very forthright. I was told that with the hearing aid that I selected, there really isn’t any reason to upgrade unless I just wanted the new features that were coming out because this met my needs 100%. As my needs grow, my hearing aids have the adequate space to make the adjustments to provide what I need. A lot of people have asked me about Miracle-Ear and my experiences with them. I just tell them outright, I'm happy with them. They don’t leave you once you pay for the hearing aid. They have you come in every three months and make sure that your hearing aid is up to snuff and you're getting the best out of it. Unlike the other company I was with, they did not. They would have you in for once a year and that was it. Miracle-Ear has been top-notch.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My hearing loss isn’t really bad and when my brother-in-law who had hearing aids from Miracle-Ear had to get one of them fixed, I went with him. Their customer service people were very nice and very knowledgeable. I got the hearing aid that is behind my ear since that was what I was offered and I’m very satisfied with its functionality. There are times that I don't wear them on purpose because I'm better off without them but it has made a difference. Miracle-Ear is a good place to go and I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My hearing loss was extensive and I couldn’t understand the conversations. I had a plain old hearing aid that had a hollow tube that I hear from and it really wasn’t very good. The service wasn’t very good too. Miracle-Ear scheduled me in for appointments and helped me out with the hearing aid and adjustment, and it was well worth it. They did the hearing test one time with the thing to show that I can hear so many decibels and it has been really good. I have the over-the-ear hearing aid and I can hear a lot better. It’s still not perfect, but it’s a lot better than it was. However, it costs a lot, but I’m getting the service out of it to make it worthwhile and it was money well spent. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My husband mentioned that he was having to talk out more and I have small grandchildren and I couldn’t hear them very well. I got a Miracle-Ear flyer in the mail, so I went over. They were giving me a free consultation and I liked the person who did it and I decided that that was where I'll get a hearing aid. They suggested the model with the little cone in the ear that goes into the canal, so I went that direction. Right now, the person that has taken over from the first gentleman I talked to there also does a great job. She’s very professional and she makes sure that I’m happy with what I’m hearing and that the hearing aids are working properly.

The staff works hard to make sure that the hearing aids are doing the best they can do for you. I’ve gone in with certain complaints and they’ve been able to help me out and fix it. The hearing aid is very expensive overall though and since insurance doesn’t cover them, it’s a costly investment. But once I’ve gotten these, I’ve never had to replace them. I might look into an alternative if I have to get rid of them. Still, I would definitely recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The Miracle-Ear in Santa Cruz cheated on me. I only hear 30% and we found out that there was nothing in that part of my old hearing aid. So for four years, I didn’t really hear and the guy would tell me that I have to have a good imagination. From that experience, I wouldn't have gone back to them. But then, when I went to this place, the ENT Doctor said that Miracle-Ear was the best place and that they take good care of you. So I tried it out. I told Marco all these things and he handled everything really well and the hearing aids are working great. He's good with people. Then, Dianne, the secretary there, is really nice and is a great person too. The whole place was really nice whereas before, the people were making me feel like I was crazy.

With the unit that I got, you could get a little thing on the back of your head while it attaches through the bone of your ear. So you still have hearing aids but it’s a lot different. Your batteries are charged, so you have two different sets and you just choose one every day. I discovered that if I take my phone and put it on the back of my head, I could hear it well. I could also hear people. Five years ago, I didn’t have a way to talk on the phone. So how can you get business and how can you do anything? It has all been hard for me. And so Miracle-Ear has been a blessing and an added thing in my life. They promised me that with the hearing aids, it will be the same way six years ago. But I can’t hear everything. I play music and I can't lead my band like I did before. But I'm making it through.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My hearing wasn’t good before and I couldn’t hear what people were saying unless they were looking at me. I drive by the Miracle-Ear store all the time, so I decided to go in there. They have financing, so that helped. The reps were nice and I really liked them. They talked with me and my interaction with them was great. I got their top-of-the-line hearing aid and its cost was good for its quality. It has the thing that goes behind the ear and then goes inside. It helps with my hearing really well and my life is better than what it was because I can hear now. I would recommend Miracle-Ear because I had a great experience with them.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have moderate hearing loss, where I hear just the high tones. I'd heard about Miracle-Ear for years, and, about four years ago, they had a promotion so I gave them a try. I was looking through the cheap ones and they sold me up to the best one, but I was happy with the switch. I bought the hearing aid that is behind the ear and rechargeable. They convinced me that that was the one that I should buy and that at my age, it'd probably be the only hearing aid I’d ever have to buy. They’d take care of it as long as it needed service. I have the monthly warranty service and they will fix it at no charge.

It’s back in the factory for about two weeks now but it should be coming back any day soon. It got to where it wouldn’t recharge and some of the little charge points on the outside of the hearing aid had fallen off. I bought the hearing aid in Louisville, Kentucky and now, I've moved, so I go to the one in Lexington, Kentucky. They transferred me to Lexington. They both gave me super good treatment and they took care of me. The hearing aid is too expensive but it's good. It's the best around. I've recommended two customers already to Miracle-Ear that bought from them.

Miracle-Ear expert review by Shelley Webb

Headquartered in Minnesota, Miracle-Ear is one of the oldest and most trusted hearing aid companies in the United States. Miracle-Ear has been a well-known name in the hearing aid industry since its founding over 65 years ago. It operates both corporately-owned and franchised locations that offer hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more.

• Convenient locations: There are over 1,300 Miracle-Ear locations in the United States, so the odds are good that you can find one in a convenient location. You can use Miracle-Ear’s website to find one near you by entering your zip code or city and state.

• Product selection: Miracle-Ear offers several types of hearing aids to fit your needs, including in-the-canal, behind-the-ear and custom-fit aids. You can work with a Miracle-Ear professional to choose the best product for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you.

• Mobile apps: Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

• Customer service: Miracle-Ear offers comprehensive customer care packages, which include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year warranty on most of its products. You can expect the same level of service at any of Miracle-Ear’s convenient locations.

• Lifetime service: You will receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes testing to ensure proper functioning, cleaning, fit assessments, ear inspections, battery replacement and more. You will also receive a free annual hearing assessment, checkup and adjustment to ensure that your device is working at its best.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information

Miracle-Ear
5000 Cheshire Parkway North
Minneapolis
MN
www.miracle-ear.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business