Call toll free
4.58/5
Based on 343 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1690 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

Why does Miracle Ear put aftermarket parts not genuine Miracle Ear parts when repairing aids. I was told I needed a repair so Paid $230.00. It was returned to me still not fixed and was told after these parts were used in it, it could no longer be programmed. I would need to buy a new one. I paid $4000.00 for these aids. I cannot afford to buy new. Is this a scam???

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My elderly mother was telephoned to go to the Miracle Ear Center for a "check up" for her paid-for hearing aids. She was then told that they needed to be replaced and they ordered her a new set, to be placed on her credit card for a mere $6000.00. Because she is in her mid 80's, she complied, as she does with any Medical Professional. We asked her if she was having any difficulty with her current ones, and she said that "no, they work just fine, but Miracle Ear said that they needed to order new ones." We cancelled the order before they were even sent to the Miracle-Ear Store. BUT Miracle Ear still received the order, and telephoned my mother to "come pick up your hearing aides. Don't worry they are already PAID for." (Sure, they are on HER credit card.)

She dutifully picked them up. Miracle Ear confiscated her current hearing aids, "because the new hearing aids actually cost $8000.00 but the trade in value for her current paid for ones will reduce the cost to only $6000.00." The NEW hearing aids did not seem any different to my Mother. She stated that "they seemed the same as the other ones." We returned the new hearing aids within 3-4 hours, but Miracle Ear said, "Sorry, she signed a contract. Her other ones are ours now." Not only are they refusing to return her original hearing aids, they have been BLOCKING our phone numbers, despite being told that we have her Durable Power of Attorney. Disparaging remarks were made about my Mother.

So far, my Mother has been without any hearing aids for over a month, and has missed out on hearing her Grandson's Baptism, another Grandson's Graduation, enjoying her Son's Baby shower, and Family conversations. She has been almost tearful, stating, "I just want my hearing aids back!" Elder Fraud is illegal and disgraceful. Please be aware that Miracle Ear seems to have no qualms defrauding the elderly.

Original review: June 12, 2018

READ CONTRACT CAREFULLY. My 30 DAY TRIAL period began the first day they loaned me hearing devices and NOT the day I ordered them! I signed nothing on my first visit. They fraudulently backdated the contract and would not accept a return within the trial period. Yes, the staff is very nice until you ask to return the hearing devices. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I am very pleased with my new hearing aids and being able to hear better than I have for several years. The testing at the Cahalan Street Office was very accurate and the audiologist was very thorough and kind. He took a lot of time evaluating my hearing needs. The front office staff was extremely nice and offered great service with timely appointments and keeping me up to date about the aids being made for me. She even sent me a handwritten thank you note for taking the time to be tested and meeting the staff. I was extremely impressed with all the staff and their non-ending efforts to meet all my needs. I would heartily recommend them. My experience at their office was never short of excellent.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Mom saw an ad in the paper - hearing aids for $895 - not chump change, but something doable. Went ahead and made appointment. They said they worked with lots insurance companies and Medicare. Okay, cool. Asked if this was any kind of bait and switch thing, where they advertise one price and it is actually not the price. The woman taking the appointment said, "No! Never!"

I figured they would try to upsell us, no matter what they promised. Well... It was a huge bait and switch upsell - HUGE UPSELL - After we filled out forms that are 10% medical history and 90% convincing you need hearing aids, followed by an hour of soft selling and a 5 minute hearing test... We were finally told that the advertised $895 hearing aids are crap which really don't work for anyone hard of hearing - and we are told that nobody except for 3 people in, like, ten years, has actually ever gotten those. Then she says, "The next level up is $5k! Which are okay, but the $7k ones are better, and it's such a little cost difference, you would probably want that one."

Oh - and my Mom's insurances won't work with Miracle-Ear (she said that insurance companies charge hearing aid companies to work with them, and it is all a scam - look who is talking). Are you freaking kidding me?! My Mom is hard of hearing. And if we need to spend $5k, we will figure out our budget and do it. But not after a bait and switch tap dance, and a hearing test with the results drawn on a piece of paper that looked like a whiteboard after a Vitamin/Timeshare pyramid scheme presentation at the Hilton. Who knows if these are good hearing aids or not? You can't try any of them before you pay for them and wait until they are "custom made" for you!

They claim you can try them for 30 days and return them for a full refund if they don't work for you, but after reading through the many complaints on the Better Business Bureau website and other review sites online, I don't believe them. Miracle-Ear is a franchise, so some are probably better than others, but who knows. What a waste of time and energy. Plus, I now need to take a shower to get the slime off. Icky. Icky. Ick. Back to the drawing board to find an honest and more transparent company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: May 31, 2018

After the specialist, Lyndi, gave me the hearing test, she fit me with ready fit customs. I have had drastic hearing loss in my left ear my whole life. After being fit with my programmed hearing aids, she walked behind me and quietly whispered can you hear me. I began to cry because I was so overwhelmed with the ability to finally hear. They have done molds to get me customs that are fit specifically to my ears now. I am amazed that I can hear sounds I have never heard in my life. I want to thank Lyndi for fitting me with these and giving me the ability to hear. I’m hearing sounds I never heard before, and that I didn’t even know existed. Thank you Lyndi for helping me hear.

Original review: May 30, 2018

It was convenient with Miracle-Ear and I would recommend them. Their reps have been very nice too. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aid as it appealed to me and I thought it was a lot more expensive than I thought it would be. I have a slightly not bad hearing loss and with the hearing aid, I could hear and understand people better. It helps and I’m satisfied.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Miracle-Ear's prices were good so I got a hearing aid from them. My interactions with Miracle-Ear's reps have always been really great. They've been very friendly. The unit was cheap while the other cost of hearing aids was very expensive. I got a CIC in the ear because back then I was much younger and I wanted the unit to be discrete. I didn't want anything that was behind my ear. Before I got the unit, I couldn't hear much and with it, I was able to.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I've been wearing hearing aids for about 15 years and I changed to Miracle-Ear recently. They came to the senior center where I go to play bingo and they said they might be able to help me. Their representatives were excellent. I particularly liked Margie and Chris. My hearing aids are expensive but they work pretty well. I got a hearing aid at one ear and a receiver in the other ear.

The ones I had before I went to Miracle-Ear had been bought for two ears and they were almost $8000 which was a lot of money for me. Then they discovered that there was no hearing in the right ear at all and there was nothing they can do. They suggested the receiver which picks up what my other hearing aid is hearing and this receiver is a little cheaper. Now, people could talk to me on the right, whereas before I couldn't hear anything. If I'm in a crowd though, I have a hard time hearing some people but I can hear others who are across the room. Miracle-Ear tried to make adjustments but every time they turned it up higher on the computer, it starts making a noise. But they tried everything and they bent over backwards.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I got the Miracle-Ear hearing aid that goes around the ear. I like its overall functionality and performance. I can hear better. My interactions with the reps, as well as Betty, the secretary who takes care of everything, are very, very nice. I’m very satisfied with Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids and I recommended it to somebody.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have a full hearing loss and I saw Miracle-Ear’s advertisement. I went with their behind-the-ear style and bought it from Dave. He told me all about it and I went by that. He was really good and he had good equipment, and I got a lot of other people that bought Miracle-Ear because of him. The cost, however, is too high like anything else. When these go, I’ll probably go shopping somewhere else to see if they got something comparable or cheaper. Nevertheless, the quality is the best so far that I’ve found. With Miracle-Ear, I like the idea that I can go anywhere, any city, and get service for it. Dave is my go-to guy, although there are others that are good too.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My hearing was very troublesome on both ears and at the time that I started to go to Miracle-Ear, they were the only company that I had ever heard of. Behind the ear was the style that the salesperson recommended. The cost is excellent and the hearing aid is working pretty well. I've had interactions with the local customer service and I go there frequently. They replace the needed parts every six months and test my hearing at least once a year. I'm satisfied with Miracle-Ear.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss. Miracle-Ear had placed a full-page ad in our local paper and it was "buy one, get one free", so I went with them. I had a good experience with their rep. The hearing aid was fine too, but it is not so good now. I’m not hearing so well and I need new ones. I went for a hearing test, but they said I had wax in my ears and they could not give me the test. So, I went to my doctor and had my ears cleaned out. I have not contacted them for another hearing test yet.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had total hearing loss in one ear and about 60% loss in the other. I have Miracle-Ear hearing aids that go behind the ear as I felt like it was the best for me to allow natural sound in along with the amplified sound. They were a bit expensive compared to what some of the other hearing aids cost but it was very fair to in relation to the product's quality. With my hearing aids, I could tell a huge difference in letter, sound and speech recognition when I’m speaking with others.

I’m also very pleased with Miracle-Ear's customer service. I went to a Miracle-Ear in Memphis, which is not where I bought my hearing aids, and they still serviced them, gave me some extra knowledge about it and did a thorough cleaning. They never charged me a dime. Overall, I was happy and we'd definitely recommend others to have their hearing checked.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I’ve always had a hearing problem all my life. I have partial hearing loss and thought Miracle-Ear's hearing aids might be a little bit better than the other ones. I’m always on the phone and it was suggested that a behind-the-ear would be a better fit. I really enjoy it and I can really hear everything with it. I started out with a really nice guy, Steve, and he was really good. I really appreciated him, but then someone else became my hearing specialist. I didn’t care for him quite so well. He wasn’t as customer service oriented as Steve was. I needed to get one of my hearing aids repaired and it had never gotten sent in for repair right away. I waited and waited. It was about a month before I had even gotten it back. And then I had to order a new one and he said, “We’ll see.” And I waited for about a month. He always had one excuse or another, whereas Steve was fast. I would recommend Miracle-Ear but not the one in Billings.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and when there'd be a lot of people in the room, it would be hard for me to hear. Miracle-Ear was the one that was in town so I went and got a hearing aid from them. I have the behind the ear style and I got it because it was the new program. They had the 48 things in there and I figured when my hearing gets worse, hopefully they can adjust it to that point. My interaction with their sales reps was very good. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable being there. My hearing aid helps me during conversations and I’ve recommended it to a lady who got them.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I am 66 years old and I’ve had hearing aids since I was 13. I have been hard of hearing from birth. I read lips all the time and in grade school and junior high school, a lot of teachers wanted to put students in the class alphabetically. I was at the back of the room due to my last name and I told my mom I couldn't hear what the teacher was saying. That particular teacher did not want to move my seat, so my mother made the school change my teacher and I had a teacher who knew my family. He could tell that I was reading lips and I excelled. He was one of the people who told my mother that something was wrong and to get my ears checked.

At that time, we went to Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan and they did all kinds of hearing tests. They discovered I had hearing loss when I was 12 and when they fitted me with my Maico hearing aids, we were on the fourth floor at Wayne State University and one of the windows was open. They adjusted the sound of the device and I could hear the noise of a truck in the street four levels down. Maico was the only one that had hearing aids made for a nerve deafness and I stuck with them until they went out business. When I had to have new hearing aids, I went to an audiologist that dealt with Phonak in Marquette, Michigan, traded in my old Maico hearings aids and ended up paying $7,000 for hearing aids that constantly broke down on me. I got totally fed up and I was frustrated with all the other companies that promised things and couldn’t deliver.

We ran across Miracle-Ear and I said I'd try them. We made an appointment, went to Escanaba, met with Paula and fell in love with her. She fitted me with my hearings aids, got them all adjusted and made it an enjoyable experience. I could hear the birds, which I couldn’t hear before if I came indoors or even through an open window. Paula made me realize things that I had known and forgotten for many years and so fitted me with my hearing aids and I am thrilled with them. Also, I am very happy with Paula. She’s always been there for me and I wouldn’t want to go to anybody else. I fell and broke my hip and Paula has an office where she works out of on Tuesdays at the hospital in my town, so my husband went to find her and she came over to see me for an appointment. I was all laid up on my back all day and she made my day. I wish the reps all were like her.

I had heard about Miracle-Ear over the years and when I first started hearing about them, they were still doing hearing tests in the home. I was young and my parents questioned how could I get an accurate hearing test when there were all of those distractions and not even thinking about it, I agreed with them. Now, I realize that the best environment is when there are all those normal noises and distractions. Miracle-Ear opened up a lot of things that I couldn’t hear before and it even helped my comprehension of words. Things come through clearer and I interpret better.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I needed some hearing aids and my husband is a Sears employee and Miracle-Ear was in the Sears store. My experience with Miracle-Ear has been excellent. The hearing aids work well and I’ve been very pleased over the years. I bought a second set and that is the best example of satisfaction. The first kind of hearing aids I had was in the ear and the ones I have now are the ones that sit behind the ear. These are the best thing for my hearing at this time. Also, Miracle-Ear's customer service was excellent. When I needed a change or an improvement, they are always able to do something for me. The cost of the hearing aids is fair as well. Overall, it's a good product and I’ve recommended it to several friends. In fact, my friends got it and what’s really nice is that I’ve gotten a couple of $100 coupons because of my recommendation.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I knew that my hearing was deteriorating. I couldn’t hear my granddaughters and I missed a lot of conversation. We also went on vacation with our family and I spent a weekend not being able to hear things. And I just came home and decided I was gonna get a hearing aid. I picked up the paper and Miracle-Ear had a big ad. So, I called them and made an appointment. I was very satisfied with their customer service. They were very thorough and so far, I’ve always been happy with them. The hearing aid is very good quality, too, and it has helped with one of my main problems which is hearing everything over the phone, especially when people talk too fast.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My husband's hearing was bad and it would've been fully lost if I didn't get him some hearing aids. I got Miracle-Ear because of their quality but I was quite flabbergasted with the cost. They have very nice people though. They worked with me well and they explained everything. My husband has the ones that go behind the ear and he loves them. I also got hearing aids about a week ago but they're the ones that stick in your ear and I don't like them. They're not very good. One is too big and it hurts my ear. I get a pain in the head trying to get it in. I have too much trouble with them and I'm going to exchange them for something like my husband's. It'll be a lot easier.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I have a reasonably moderate to severe hearing loss. I was at the point that I could not hear at all on the telephone and I couldn’t hear on the television even when it was at full volume. I have worked before with the doctor’s office. I had a hearing aid in one ear and when I told them about these problems, they never told me about the special apps and the new and different things that everybody was doing. And so when I read all about those, I went over to Miracle-Ear to talk to them.

Miracle-Ear's customer service has been terrific and amazing in helping me. However, they ought to be doing one more thing. Everybody else says that there is an app that could get rid of the noise but it doesn’t work at all for me. It still needs work. I am socially disabled because every place I go, I can't sit around at the bridge table and hear what people are saying. Also, Miracle-Ear hearing aids are awfully expensive. I was very distressed that just at the end of my first-year warranty, they came out with a new model. I could get the full discount on them but it would have been thousands of dollars to replace it. When we started out, the rep was only in town for two or three days a week which was hard. I was left somewhat deaf and I couldn't do anything until she was in town

Still, would never be happy if I didn't try the aids. It has been great that I can now talk on the telephone and hear the television since I have the app from Miracle-Ear. And my connection through the wireless thing they have now at church is amazing. I can hear everything perfectly. Plus the style I have now is easier than what I’ve had before and it’s very comfortable. I recommended them once and the person I recommend them to was very happy with her hearing aids too.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had an outstanding experience at the Burleson Miracle-Ear. I responded to a mailer and I'm glad I did. I had my hearing exam and wasn't surprised to learn I have some loss of hearing. The staff was outstanding. I was comfortable and they made me feel like family. I would especially like to thank Lynett ** and Camille **, they were outstanding. Our receptionist was exceptional. Thanks everyone for a very pleasant experience.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My hearing loss was fairly noticeable and I had it tested when I was there in Miracle-Ear’s office. Different words were used and it was affecting my speech. I'm a pastor of the church, so it bothered me quite a bit. I went to my doctor and there were no options there, and they were very expensive. Miracle-Ear gave me some information and I picked mine up for $4,500 apiece. The same ones that were offered before were over $6,000 and it was very expensive. The guy I worked with at Miracle-Ear has been very gracious and very kind. The way that the reps treated me and followed up whenever there's an issue has always been prompt and very good. The team that I worked with was very kind and they got right on anything I would ask them about. They would take me right away to be able to address my issues. The Miracle-Ear team is doing great and I appreciate it.

I purchased the hearing aid that is placed behind the ear and has a little wire that goes in. The other styles looked funny. And with this one, I can adjust it with my phone, and I like that. I’ve had it for about a year and a half. My hearing is a lot better now. It's not perfect but I’m just thankful that it has improved. I can pick up conversations better, although I still have a problem when there's noise. The hearing aid has a noise adjustment and it helps quite a bit. When there's noise all around me, without the hearing aid, it's very difficult. It's still a bit muddled, but it's a whole lot better than it was before.

Original review: May 17, 2018

The hearing aid I purchased for over $4,000 dollars in July of 2017 does not give the quality of hearing that it should for the cost. I recently purchased two Britzgo aids online thru Amazon and the hearing quality is much better, I can hear clearly and distinctly sounds, I could not hear from the Miracle-Ear aids. I doubt if you will offer any reimbursement for what I paid for these, going in for adjustments will not improve the Miracle-Ear hearing. I will not recommend Miracle-Ear to anyone, I would tell other people to go elsewhere. My $99.00 device works much better than the Miracle-Ear aids.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I heard a lot about Miracle-Ear, so I figured I'll try it. I have partial hearing loss and got their behind-the-ear model as I liked it best and it's great. I hear a whole lot better and it's good for the price. Their customer service is very nice as well.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a problem with my right ear because I had shingles in it. I had partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear had the best program. Furthermore, they follow up with customers for so many years after they buy hearing aids. They said the style of hearing aid that's behind the ear was the best one for me so I got that. The hearing aid was getting tuned into the TV and that’s all been taken care of. The people at Miracle-Ear told me about the programs on one of the check-ups and I was okay with that. Interacting with the Miracle-Ear reps has been an excellent experience and one of them, Dolores, always helps me. However, when we go to restaurants, it’s hard with screaming kids and all the noise there. So, I have to turn the hearing aid way down. Nevertheless, having the Miracle-Ear hearing aid has made my life better. I recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I had missed several appointments due to the fact I am a disabled senior and was dependent on a local driving contractor to get me there. I also have several physical problems. I understand the manager had to address the issue when I had to cancel again, but he was rude and arrogant and overbearing about it. He never even gave me a warning, like, "well, I'll give you one more chance." He just treated me like I was an absolute piece of crap, and was not in the least interested in my health issues or giving me one last chance.

This Miracle-Ear was in Reno NV on S. Virginia Street. From the gate, he raised his voice telling me they were in business to make money and didn't have time for people not showing up for their appointments. It was irrelevant I was not responsible for it. Where do they hire these people? I keep hearing how "polite" and kind the Miracle-Ear customer service people are, and I have NEVER been treated like such a piece of meat whose only value was how much money they could get out of me. I found a very good local company called Reno Hearing Center who was very polite. If I am going to spend $5000 for a hearing aid I'd sure rather go where people don't treat me like dirt.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have almost full hearing loss. When I take my hearing aid off, I don't hear the TV at all. Miracle-Ear sent me a letter and I went to them. I wasn't hearing in my left ear and I wasn't hearing good in the other hearing aids, but when I had Miracle-Ear, I started hearing. I bought mine two or three years ago when they made new and better hearing aids than the old ones, and the newer style made me hear better in my left ear. I got the one that goes behind my ear, then goes in the ear. The overall performance of my hearing aids is good and the customer service team at Miracle-Ear treats me good. While the cost of the product was a bit high, it's okay.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear was handy. Also, their CS reps were very nice and helpful. The behind the ear hearing aid was recommended by the gal and that’s what I have. I’ve had them for about six years and they’re expensive, but they do the job. Miracle-Ear has been very good and I'm able to hear the soft-spoken people better like my granddaughters who speak so quietly.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My husband has had Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a couple of years now and he's not very happy with them. One will be higher or the other one will be lower and he's gone several times to have them adjusted. As a matter of fact, they even had to send one back and then my husband got a new one. The reps have been excellent though. When he's had the hearing aids taken care of, the person is very receptive to his problems. But he's done several adjustments and if my husband could, he would go to another company.

Miracle-Ear expert review by Shelley Webb

Headquartered in Minnesota, Miracle-Ear is one of the oldest and most trusted hearing aid companies in the United States. Miracle-Ear has been a well-known name in the hearing aid industry since its founding over 65 years ago. It operates both corporately-owned and franchised locations that offer hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more.

• Convenient locations: There are over 1,300 Miracle-Ear locations in the United States, so the odds are good that you can find one in a convenient location. You can use Miracle-Ear’s website to find one near you by entering your zip code or city and state.

• Product selection: Miracle-Ear offers several types of hearing aids to fit your needs, including in-the-canal, behind-the-ear and custom-fit aids. You can work with a Miracle-Ear professional to choose the best product for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you.

• Mobile apps: Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

• Customer service: Miracle-Ear offers comprehensive customer care packages, which include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year warranty on most of its products. You can expect the same level of service at any of Miracle-Ear’s convenient locations.

• Lifetime service: You will receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes testing to ensure proper functioning, cleaning, fit assessments, ear inspections, battery replacement and more. You will also receive a free annual hearing assessment, checkup and adjustment to ensure that your device is working at its best.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information