Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I started dealing with Miracle-Ear and I've been very satisfied ever since. It got to a point that I kept asking people to repeat and it wasn't good, so Miracle Ear stopped most of that. The first style I had was an in-the-canal and I couldn't use them, they gave me a headache. So, I got the one behind-the-ear and love it. Moreover, the sales and the customer service teams were very good, and the people in Miracle Ear were very knowledgeable and easy to get along with.

When my mother had hearing aids she had Miracle-Ear and she never complained. My experience with them is good too. I'm very satisfied with the service that they've given me and the hearing aids I got, especially with the new ones that I just purchased. I have the Behind-the-Ear model and it's better for me. Their customer service is very nice, helpful and pleasant. I've never walked in there and seen them in a bad mood and I like working with them very much.

Miracle-Ear is fine, I've had good experiences, and the only time I've had any trouble with them was if I didn't clean the hearing aids properly or if I haven't turned them up loud enough. I would definitely recommend them. In fact, I'm so thankful that I have them because I would miss out on a lot if I didn't have my ears.

I went with Miracle-Ear's Behind-the-Ear model upon the Doctor's recommendation. But at first, there was another brand that I looked up on the internet and it sounded decent, and after I looked at it for a while, it didn't appear as good as the Miracle-Ear is. Every time I went to Miracle-Ear, right from the beginning, they treated me well and answered all my questions. There were no problems and they were very professional.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience with Miracle-Ear. We are so glad we can help. Have a great day!

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

My husband wanted hearing aids first and Miracle-Ear is where we went because that’s where he wanted to go. We had great interaction with their customer service. We like the size of the behind-the-ear model and it was the newest thing when I got them. It's not that I don't like them but I’m home most of the time alone and don’t wear them. I've even pulled them out of my ear at a mall and flipped them across the floor. So if I’m going to be in a congested area, I don’t wear them. But I plan to. All in all, we are satisfied with our experience so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I got the one that goes over the ear. I was told that was better than the ones that fit in the ear. I spend six months down in Surprise and six months up in Show Low, and I go to see to each one of their representatives once while I’m in there. Debbie, the one in Surprise, does very good. Also, I’m very happy with Charles up in Show Low. They both do an excellent job. If I have a problem, they fix it.

Hello Sheridan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Miracle-Ear. We are so glad we can help. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Two years ago, we went over Miracle-Ear and had my hearing checked. I got my first hearing aid there and their customer service reps have been very good and were able to answer all of my questions. They always take care of my earpieces whenever I go in for an appointment.

Hello George,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad to know that your decision to come to Miracle-Ear has had such a positive affect for you. Have a wonderful day!

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

My wife had Miracle-Ear before I did. I got the behind the ear and I love the product. Our counselor is excellent too. I'm very pleased with them.

Hello Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience with Miracle-Ear. Please write down any issues you are having and bring them in to your next appointment. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I got a behind the ear hearing aid from Miracle-Ear and it's okay. I sometimes hear a lot better. They're doing a good job.

Hello Mazen,

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

My hearing wasn't really bad but in certain occasion my wife told me that maybe I need to check my hearing. And by chance, I received a letter from Miracle-Ear and I said, "Let me go and check." They found out that I have some hearing problem. Initially, I met the senior person that work with Miracle-Ear and he was knowledgeable about hearing and we discussed it in length. It looks like there's a lot of staff changing there but all of them are friendly. I don't know everything about hearing aids in general. They never gave me alternatives in terms of style but only showed me one kind. I use it and I am satisfied. I hope I will continue to be satisfied.

Hello Glennis,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Miracle-Ear! It is always great to hear about the positive affects better hearing can bring to a person's life.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

In the 80's I had TMJ really bad and I knew I had a hearing loss. But when I had it checked that time they said, it's not really bad enough for a hearing aid but it's from my TMJ. It progressed and I had a really profound hearing loss in my left ear and a mild one in my right ear. I read about Miracle-Ear in the paper, so I called them and made an appointment.

The representative explained the mechanics of the hearing aid and how our brain has to be retrained when we get hearing aids which I found fascinating. And the first time after I had my hearing test, she put the hearing aids in my ear and I can't believe it. It was like, "Oh my gosh." I hear things that I didn't know made a noise. I had them about two weeks. And I was home alone and I was sitting in my kitchen reading the paper and I kept hearing this kicking sound and I thought the faucet was dripping. It was the clock on the wall. I didn't know it made a noise. And there were other things that make a noise that I never realized that they did. It's like I've re-awakened myself.

They've always been very good too with check-ups. I was having problems with my left hearing aid last summer and I called. I foolishly wore my hearing aids out when I was working in the yard and I sweated a lot and it damaged the battery. I didn't realize I shouldn't do that. So they replaced the battery and it worked fine. It's been a really good experience with Miracle-Ear.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience with Miracle-Ear. When you go into your next appointment, please let the consultant know about the loud noises so they can make the proper adjustments. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I've had my Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a few years and I wear them because I have some deficit in hearing. But I don't particularly like them because some noises are too loud and screech in my ear, and this bothers me more than not having them in. The style I went with had a little tube that fit into the ear and there's the thing over the back of the ear. By and large, it's been fine with Miracle-Ear. The gentleman that worked with me was very good, nice, and easy to talk with, and he understood things. But right now he's retired, and there's another gentleman that has taken his place who is very nice as well.

Hello Mrs. Kimble,

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My husband's almost deaf and he's had hearing aids before. But a few years ago, we went back to Miracle-Ear and got more powerful ones. Even though they are so expensive, the most important thing is that he hears me now.

Hello Gary,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad to know that your decision to come to Miracle-Ear has had such a positive affect for you. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My mother-in-law got a coupon from Miracle-Ear in the mail and she went and got her hearing aids and I went and got mine next. They recommended the behind the ear and I didn't have a problem with it. I can watch TV now. The people that I work with are great. Have no complaints at all. I have recommended them.

Hello George,

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I've had very good interactions with Miracle-Ears' customer service reps. My hearing aid works fine and I'd recommend it.

Hello Earl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with Miracle-Ear. We are so glad we can help. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I'm retired and I knew that I was losing hearing, so I stopped in at Miracle-Ear. Now I hear my wife a lot better and that's a big deal. And I play in a band and now I can hear what the director wants to play next instead of going, "Huh?" I have a program in there for just hearing what's in front of me. It cuts down the noise behind me. I have, of course, the adjustment for how loud I want to hear it. So it works really well, I like it. Also, I got the rechargeable batteries, so I don't have to put in batteries all the time. Last time I was in, they have a new service rep and she's just dynamite. She's really nice. I recommend Miracle-Ear to anybody.

Hello Joseph,

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Miracle-Ear's people are super. I just go in every couple of weeks and have my hearing aids cleaned out. They've been good with scheduling and rescheduling as well as checking up when the batteries were going down. Their rep carries on the conversations and diagnoses how it's going. Recently, on the telephone if I don't have my hearing aid positioned just right, I have to ask people to speak it up. But everything's been great. I had gone to another company for years and my insurance changed, so that's what brought me the Miracle-Ear and the device works well. It's been a real big help, especially in restaurants and when we go to the theater occasionally. The button is right there where the ear piece fits my ear, and if I don't position it, it goes from the normal to the distance which is a big change.

Hello Jerry,

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I originally was with another hearing aid provider. I inadvertently destroyed one of them because I had set it on my TV stand while I was eating walnuts and grabbed that instead and bit into it. It was gonna cost a bit to fix it. I really wasn't happy with the inserts that I had on that. So, I went with Miracle-Ear. The other kind that I had was an insert that fit the ear canal and set into the ear. It wasn't comfortable. So, I thought I'd try the one that goes behind-the-ear. I'm not totally deaf. I can hear a lot of things but in noisy environments, I don't pick things up too well. It helped. I can hear my wife now even when she's whispering. Everything has been pretty good. Miracle-Ear have been very supportive, very helpful. They've been there when I had a problem. And they tried to accommodate me when I need to see them without an appointment. I'm very satisfied.

I had a set of hearing aids but my wife had been talking about Miracle-Ear, and they offer free testing so we went there. We started in Cedar Rapids but they opened an office in North Liberty which is about half the distance otherwise. So, we moved there and we like the staff there as well as we did in Cedar Rapids. To some degree, my Miracle-Ear hearing aids increased my productivity. I’m thankful that my hearing is not completely gone but it’s very easy to miss things. If people were soft-spoken, I either had to be very close to them to pick up most of what they’re saying or ask them to repeat it. The hearing aids eliminated a fair amount of that. In a crowd, not everything is crystal clear but it’s better. My wife and I have upgraded to what we understand is their top of the line hearing aids. As far as we’re concerned, they’re very outstanding pieces of equipment.

My Miracle-Ear hearing aids are okay but I have some complaints at times. They just stop working and I play around with it to activate it again. I talked to the technician about that but they denied it. But the technicians are generally very accommodating. They're very attentive and take care of me. They want to make sure my hearing aids are clean and work right. They try to answer my questions. I had a little problem with it a year ago and when I went down to the Miracle-Ear center, they were very helpful. Their rep tried to sell me a new set of hearing aids and they always do that but I didn't need to pay another five grand.

Hello Tom,

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Miracle-Ear was a convenient location for me. I have not worn hearing aids before, so I started with behind-the-ear and it made me hear much better. I'm also very pleased with their customer service. I've had to go in and have them clean my hearing aids and they fixed a couple of things. I'm going back in a couple of weeks for a little checkup. They were very helpful, very friendly, cooperative, easy to work with. They're also very accommodating to get me in on a short notice basis with the issue I had. And I feel real comfortable when I go in there to talk to them. And if I have any questions, I don't hesitate to call. I'm very satisfied and I would recommend Miracle-Ear product to anybody. I'd also recommend Anthony and Daniel who work there.

I've been using my Miracle-Ear hearing aids for twenty years. It's been good and I hear people. Sometimes I have trouble understanding some people talking, but sometimes, everybody has trouble hearing and understanding some people and their dialect or location. Other than that, I have no complaints. The service has been great.

My husband who was ill and dying knew I had a hearing problem and insisted I see Miracle-Ear in case something happened to him. That was my first experience with Miracle-Ear and over 12 years of using their hearing aids, I've had three different sets which were very helpful. Although I have to go all the way to Coeur d'Alene and I was in Bonners Ferry, I managed to go and get checked at least once or twice a year. Their team members are good representatives of the company. Miracle-Ear is the best and I definitely would recommend them.

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I hear things a little bit better with Miracle-Ear. I went in and talked to them and got the behind the ear style with the tube in the ear canal. They suggested that one and it felt comfortable. The customer service team ran a couple of tests and showed me where my hearing was. It was a very gratifying experience. I found out I didn’t hear as well as I thought I did.

Hello Morris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Miracle-Ear. We are so glad we can help. Have a wonderful day!

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

I took the test at Miracle-Ear and bought their in-the-canal hearing aids. I would recommend them.

Hello Betty,

Miracle Ear Lead Customer Care Specialist

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I read about Miracle-Ear in the paper, and seen the ads quite a few times and I was kind of impressed. So I called and made an appointment. I was very impressed with the lady that I had. My son was with me that day, so we just went ahead and got them that day. The procedure was very simple. I've been going to the same lady all the time and got to know her really well. It's been a very nice relationship. The hearing aids that I have goes in my ear and then it goes up behind my ear and the little things goes up behind my ear. They have a little watch you put them in and it charges when you're not using them. It's been great. Its been over a year and I'm getting worried that the batteries are gone down, but I don't notice it yet. And she told me that I would know it because there will be a little signal that would tell me the batteries are low. Overall, I love Miracle-Ear.

I haven't liked the Miracle-Ear devices from the beginning because I wear glasses. They may have bettered my hearing for a while, but all the time when I take my glasses off the hearing aids fall at the back of my ears. When I originally went to them, they told me I can't hear in my left ear. One of the fellas at Miracle-Ear had the devices in my left ear and had it working good for me. That fella has died. I went back, another fella changed the hearing aids around, and I can't hear anything. That recent fella learned that they overpowered the devices, but I feel I don't have enough power now. I used to take the hearing aids out at night and I automatically could tell a big difference, but now I couldn't.

I've been using my Miracle-Ear hearing aid for at least a year now. Everything works well however, I have one problem. My hearing in the high frequency is not really good because I was working in the steel industry but it’s a part of the system. I still hear pretty good except in noisy environments, like in a restaurant. I still have the same problem that I had before that sometimes I cannot understand the person who is sitting maybe three feet away from me.

I mentioned that already to Mike, the technician who is adjusting it. And he is doing a good job but I have a feeling he cannot compensate for that problem. Because for whatever reason, the Miracle-Ear does not compensate for the surrounding noise. I didn’t understand sometimes the conversations on television, because the music was most of the time too loud. Also, I have in the moment three adjustments to do that with them, and it doesn’t change it. I still don’t hear people in a certain frequency range they are talking. But I would recommend Miracle-Ear without any problems because it’s a good service and it’s a good unit. And I have a problem that might be different with what other people have. But I have to talk to the Miracle-Ear representative if they can have a little wireless unit that I could set that on the table to focus straight on the person I’m talking to and have that transferred to my hearing aid.

My sister in Arizona has a Miracle-Ear set. With the in-the-ear model, the range for hearing went from not just the front but the back and the sides. Their customer service team was very knowledgeable, too.

I've had my Miracle-Ear hearing aids for about four years. The sales rep was okay but the hearing aids are not the best quality.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Profile