Call toll free
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2060 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Went to M E in early Jan 2019, I have known for many years that I have had severe hearing loss since being in the military in the 1960s. I have over the years tried many different online "amplifying" products that I now feel that "I wasted my time and money." My experience and diagnosis at M E was as expected and have had 4 in-office visits and could not be more pleased with the results I have experienced. I know I could have shopped and found instruments at a little lower cost, but am very pleased with the results from Julie and the staff at the St. Anthony, MN location.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My hearing loss is bad before contacting Miracle-Ear. When I got there, I had great interactions with their customer service team. They were interested in pleasing me and they always have. The secretary there and the doctor were both outstanding. The hearing aid I got fits behind my ear and the other part goes into my ear. The performance is outstanding but the cost is high, and I found that out after I got it. I was talking to my pastor, and he got a hearing aid at Sam’s for $3,000. I checked his and it looks about the same. And if I had to get another one, I would go look at the $3,000 ones at Sam’s. Other than that, the Miracle-Ear hearing aids work great for me and I’m satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Prior to contacting Miracle-Ear, my wife said I kept asking her what she said, and I knew that I had some hearing loss in my right ear. I’m a shooter and I had shot, unprotected hearing, my .45 a couple of times. I also worked in the printing industry and was around printing presses. I went and had a hearing test done with Miracle-Ear. I have a friend that went to Sam’s and got his hearing aids. He had nothing but trouble with them. We eat together every Tuesday night, and he’d sit there and complain to me. And I told him that I didn’t have that problem at all with Miracle-Ear.

When speaking with their reps, they'd take me right in anytime I call and I never have to wait more than five minutes for my appointments. I’m happy with the service and Rodney, the audiologist, stood out for me. I got an over the ear hearing aid and it got the earpiece that goes in my ear. I’ve tried three different earpieces and I like the one I’ve got now. It’s a semi-clear layered plug that goes in your ear. The hearing aids' functionality and performance are great. When I first got them, they were too loud to me and I had Rodney to turn them down. I have to go in their office to put the hearing aids on the laptop to make any adjustments on them. I like that because I can’t fumble around and hit the wrong button taking them in and out. I’m really satisfied with them. Miracle-Ear hearing aids are expensive, but their service makes up for it.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I couldn’t hear too good and I got a thing in the mail from Miracle-Ear. I decided to work with them and the experience has been excellent as well as the quality of the devices. I liked both the TV feature and the conversation feature. The hearing aids were expensive and I wish they were a little cheaper but I could hear now. My wife has the Miracle-Ear hearing aids too. Also, the reps were very informative and professional. People should check into Miracle-Ear and see what they think.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My hearing loss is pretty bad and my wife brought me to Miracle-Ear. I purchased a hearing aid from them that goes right in the canal. It has a wire that goes from the hearing aid to the receiver that goes in your ear. The functionality and performance have been pretty good except that the wire goes and every time that goes, I gotta pay $50 to replace it. Other than that, their reps take good care of me and their attitude is good and everything. They’ve got a good bedside manner, so to speak, and they’re very friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My hearing was getting worse and a lot of it had to do with where I worked. I've worked for the sheriff's office. There were constant telephones ringing plus I was on the radio all the time. My hearing deteriorated from there. But bad hearing also seems to run in my family anyway. I had also tried another company before Miracle-Ear but It didn’t work out. Then I happened to remember that I took my mother to Miracle-Ear before. But then they weren’t at Sears anymore so I looked them up on the computer and went down there. And my experience has really been great.

They're very thorough and caring. If I need to go in other than at my three-month check-in, I give them a call and they let me just drop by. They also scold me for not wearing them as much as I should. It's like visiting good friends. The hearing aids were very expensive but I didn’t think they were too out of line with anything else that I've ever seen. And you get what you pay for. I'm very pleased with them. I love being able to control the hearing aids from my cellphone, especially in a restaurant where you don’t wanna be messing with your ears and you wanna adjust them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I didn't think I had lost a lot of hearing but the test showed otherwise. I had fair to moderate hearing loss and I was able to quite easily compensate for it. Miracle-Ear was the company that was closest to me. Plus I know the guy who runs the store. I like him so it was very favorable. My hearing aid is hidden in the canal of the ear and it's not noticeable. It had to be adjusted a number of times though. I also have to go back all the time and have the wax taken out of it. But I can walk right in there and the staff in Brockton was very good. Overall, the experience was very good. The technology is changing rapidly so I'm sure this will be outdated in another year. But I thought Miracle-Ear stood behind their products and what I have is pretty good. I can hear the TV better now. I never realized I had hearing loss but I can pick up all the sounds from the TV now. This was the top of the line hearing aid. So you pay for what you get.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Even though I could hear what people were saying, I couldn’t understand it. I went to several other places and I felt very confident in the gentleman that was at Miracle-Ear at the time, so I decided on them. I was very impressed with him. He explained everything to me plainly and very clearly. He was also very patient. Everything was great when interacting with the staff and they were very helpful. I still have difficulty understanding certain people but other than that, Miracle-Ear is okay.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was in an airplane when my right eardrum blew. I had three holes in it and I had extreme trouble hearing in my right ear after that. Also, my left ear had been overused. At the time, I was going with a man who had the Miracle-Ear hearing aids and he loved them. So, I decided to get hearing aids from Miracle-Ear as well. When I went into the West Fargo store, their rep, Corey, told me that I'd better get hearing aids for both ears, so I did. I have them for about three years now and I love them.

For the first couple of years, the hearing aids worked great. But lately, when I put them on one adjustment, they don’t wait for me to change it to another adjustment. For instance, if I was in a crowd and I put my hearing aids in a noisy atmosphere mode, they'd jump into one of the other modes. So I have been constantly adjusting them, which is really a nuisance. I am also experiencing a few problems with my hearing and it seems that I have to go into Miracle-Ear to ask them what’s going on with my hearing aids. They might need some cleaning or my hearing has gotten worse. Since I live on social security and I can’t afford to get new ones, I’m stuck with what I have.

The rep at Miracle Ear told me that if something goes wrong, they’d cover it, so I’m gonna make him keep up his end of the bargain. But if I lost one of my hearing aids, that might be a different story altogether, though the rep didn’t go over that. But I keep up on my check-ups. Usually, when they give me the notice to come in, I do.

Other than that, the interactions I've had with the customer service reps at Miracle-Ear has been great. But there was this one girl I never liked. I would come in and she would have no time for anybody but her book and she wouldn’t look up or talk. I could tell she was only doing the job to make a few dollars. But they either fired her or she quit and the people at Miracle-Ear were glad because I talked to one of the guys there and he said that it wasn’t a loss when she left. And I could understand that because I’ve had businesses and customer service is hugely important. Now they got a new girl there, Anne, and she’s nice. I liked the rest of the team a lot.

I’ve also turned a lot of people over to Miracle-Ear. My daughter could have gone anywhere, but she went to Miracle-Ear because I recommended them. But she wasn’t happy about her experience at the West Fargo store because she was told something other than what they told her in Palm Springs when she was having trouble with her hearing aids. She bought the most expensive you could buy and the guy that worked with me didn’t quite tell her the truth on them. And when she was at Palm Springs, they said that she shouldn't have been charged the price she paid because what she got were not the top grade that she bought. So, she went back to the West Fargo store and straightened it out.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had Siemens for seven years and they weren’t working properly anymore. So, I looked around in the Vero Beach, Florida area and I found a Miracle-Ear dealer in the next town over in Sebastian, Florida and they treated me very well. They gave me a hearing test I tried the product. It was better than the old hearing aids that I had from Siemens, so I purchased them. They were expensive, but up to this point, I’m pretty satisfied with it. I have some options that I use on my hearing aid. I can use the device that hangs around my neck and I can use it to hear my music while I’m taking my walk or I can answer the phone with it. I ordered the TV option where I could plug in and hear the TV through my hearing aids. They're a very flexible product. You gotta spend that kind of money, you might as well go with somebody who’s gonna take real good care of you.

Also, customer service is beyond excellent when I go in. From the first time, Cindy took her time with me. I went back a couple times to tweak some of the frequencies that I was having problems with. I have the worst time with female voices and especially when they’re low in tone. So, she took the time to retest and tweak the hearing aids to better enhance some of those frequencies and did her best to solve my problem. I would go there every three months and they would clean the earpieces and replace the ends and it was covered under warranty. I would do highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I worked at the Connecticut Junior Republic 20 years ago and was watching 24 young men at night. Sometimes, I could smell smoke, but I couldn’t hear things going on so maybe I have a little trouble hearing. And then they would do nasty things like come up and lip sync to me. But then when I say, “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you,” and lean towards with one ear, they would absolutely scream at the top of their lungs, which is kind of a dirty trick.

I had several different choices but Miracle-Ear happened to be very close to where I live, it’s less than a mile away, I went in there and met Tammy and I was very impressed with her. Her attitude and professionalism were by far equal if not superior to the product. She made me very comfortable and relaxed. She answered any of my questions. If I had a problem with my hearing aid, the model where the big part of it goes behind my ear and then a little hearing thing goes right up into my ear, she explained what I was doing incorrectly.

Then eventually, after three years, she’s got a receptionist, a young woman by the name of Lindsey. She too is a perfect right-hand lady for Tammy because should I go in the Torrington Miracle-Ear store in need of a little brush or a battery, I'm totally satisfied when I walked outta that door. So far, I've had hearing aids from Miracle-Ear for five years now and have no problem with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a total hearing loss due to head surgery that I had when I was sent to a hospital in Boston. I saw a big ad in the newspaper about a free hearing test and it mentioned Miracle-Ear so, I did the walk-in. The people I’ve been in contact there have been excellent and they’re always on time. There was only once when I had to wait for quite a while and no explanation was ever given to me. But the other times that I’ve been there, they’re very pleasant when I enter the place and they're friendly. The secretary calls me by my first name and there’s always coffee available and literature around.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was losing more hearing in my right ear than my left. I was in the printing trade for more than 40 years and I had had hearing aids earlier. They were more like earplugs and I didn't like them at all, so I didn't use them. And then, someone told me about Miracle-Ear and the type of hearing aid that would go into the ear and wrap around it. That's what I went for and that's what I'm using. They're very comfortable. I don't even know I have them on. It's very lightweight. I wear them all the time except in the gym.

There's two settings on the hearing aids. When I go into an area where it's loud, I can adjust it so that I can cut down on that loudness. And in my right ear where I have less hearing, it's equal with my left. I don't notice any difference. I hear well with both ears. I'm enjoying wearing the hearing aids. I have them more than a year now, and I've been paying them off, and it's not a hardship to do that. I should have done it before. I hear much better with them.

I go to a Miracle-Ear on 46 in Fairfield, New Jersey. It's very convenient for me to do that. They see me every few months. But in the beginning, they were seeing me every two weeks. I had one evaluation after the first year to see if anything had changed and they were very thorough. Whenever I go in to have them checked out, the staff sit me down. They're very courteous and make sure everything is working properly before I walk back out again. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’m deaf in one ear, and my other ear is 90% deaf. Miracle-Ear sent me something in the mail and my wife said we should give them a try. We were gonna go someplace else, but Miracle-Ear was closer-- it is right around the corner. I went to Miracle-Ear and Jesse was there at the time in Vails Gate. He did a very good job and I’m very happy. He calls and checks up. And any time I needed to get in, he would get me in right away. He’s working now close to where my job is, so if I have a problem, I always shoot up to Nanuet and see him. But the girl there now at Vails Gate is also very good.

I had never worn hearing aids before and it took a little while to get used in wearing them. It’s on the outside of the ear and it is a little comfortable. I’m used to it now, so it’s not a big deal. It’s fun to hear things that I never heard before. I went back to Miracle-Ear a couple of times and Jesse took away the background noise. But other than that, it has been very good. Except for one time when I lost it in the lake fishing. It was under warranty back then, so Jesse quickly got me a brand-new one. The quality of my hearing aids is fine. Jesse said that by now I should be thinking about an upgrade. I’m just gonna wait a little while to go up and see him again. He said he wants to talk to my wife and I, go over the new technology and let me try one out to see how it fits my ear.

After being deaf in one ear, and not hearing too well in the other ear, the sound of birds and everything else was unreal. I live in the country, and I was missing out on a lot of stuff by going right out the front door. The first week I had the Miracle-Ear, I was totally amazed. I would stand outside on the deck and just listened to the birds singing. My experience with Miracle-Ear was very good. I’m very satisfied with Miracle-Ear and I would recommend them. If there was a way to let other people try the Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a day or two, they would be totally amazed at the difference.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I've been with Miracle-Ear for years and they've always worked to my needs. I have a very good office that I attend to in Arnold and their customer service is great. It was close to my home and their price was better-fitted for my budget. The quality of the products was very good. But there were two times where I had a problem and when I went in, it was immediately taken care of. I have the new hearing aid that is rechargeable. It goes through my phone and I hear my phone calls a whole lot better with it. However, the batteries wear out faster than I do and I have to get used to putting them on the charger during the day when I don’t need them. Other than that, the hearing aid seems to be working pretty well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My mother’s hearing is terrible. She is not completely deaf but she was always saying that she couldn’t understand. I decided to call Miracle-Ear and it just worked out wonderfully. The receptionist, Marcia, is exceptional. She has been with them for quite some time and she’s very efficient. Another rep, Eric, has won some commendations and I can understand why. He is very good. He even went out to the nursing home to clean my mother’s hearing aids recently because there was no way she could get out. One thing bad that I noticed though was that my mother hears herself differently now. They said she was gonna have to learn to hear differently because she was gonna sound different to herself. So, she speaks softer and it’s hard to understand her sometimes. I told Eric this and he said that this could happen. Other than that issue, Miracle-Ear as a company has been very good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have tinnitus, and I got a notice in the mail from Miracle-Ear that they had a hearing aid I might be interested in. The price was considerably less than what I had been seeing at other places. So I tried it out and it really worked out good for me. I've worked with Ross, and he’s been really good. Any time I needed anything and went in there, he would take whatever problem I have. But I wound up going to a competitor to buy my hearing aid batteries because Miracle-Ear’s batteries is much more expensive. Since I’ve had the hearing aids, I thoroughly enjoy them because my hearing has greatly improved. However, I’m not always able to form all the words if someone speaks to me.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had a mild to medium hearing loss and I went to Miracle-Ear since I had been there with my husband. He had the hearing aids from them but he is now treated by the VA so he no longer goes there. I got the over the ear style with a small tube down the front of the ear. It helped me to hear much better. Their customer service was excellent and Tracy, the rep, was very friendly and willing to talk to you, not only about hearing aids.

I always went to my EMT and I know Miracle-Ear wouldn’t approve of that but I always double-check what my hearing loss was because I wanted to have a second opinion. I had a very good experience with Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids but when the new technology came out and I went to my EMT to have a checkup, I found out I could get the same technology for $2,000 less. So, I changed over to my EMT. Miracle-Ear’s service was fine and I have never had an issue with them. However, I would not recommend them. I would recommend a person to go to the doctor.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My husband's hearing loss was horrible. He drove a truck all his life and had the windows down with the air blowing in on it. He just had a tough time hearing anything. We had a friend that told us about Miracle-Ear. Their customer service has been 100% wonderful. They are the nicest people and they bend over backwards to make you comfortable and to make sure that you're hearing right. Michelle and her little helper, in particular, are nice as they could possibly be. They take into consideration my husband's hearing. Michelle wants to make sure that every time he has a visit there, his hearing is what it should be. They try to get as much background noise out as possible. That's really great.

My husband has the behind the ear hearing aid. He still has a little bit of trouble with the background noise and he still tells me I mumble. But overall, the hearing aid works well and he can understand other people much better. Miracle-Ear has been absolutely wonderful to him and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

After living in almost silence in my left ear, and struggling with my right ear, Shane ** at the Miracle-Ear in Monroe Township, NJ, saw a man who needed help. I would like to thank him and staff member Helen for awakening my hearing. My gratitude always. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I had partial hearing loss and got hearing aids, but they didn't work out too good. I happen to run across this lady that has Miracle-Ear aid, and I've been with her ever since. I got the hearing aid over my ear, which is the latest one and is computerized build. The overall functionality of these aids is great. Also, Miracle-Ear's personnel are very helpful. They're always ready to go when I call them. When the battery of my aids went dead I called up and they said, "Come up here and we'll put it right back in." So, I run up there and they were standing there waiting for me. They put the battery in the hearing aids and they told me that they would see me when my appointment time comes. They've been very punctual and personal.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I got the Miracle-Ear hearing aid that goes over the ear as it was the one that was suggested. It’s great and with it, my hearing is clear. The rep Justin knows what he’s doing, and he likes to talk.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I went to visit the Rockford, MI office because I had noticed I wasn't hearing as well as I thought I should. Jane was warm and welcoming and truly caring. She brought in her colleague when she realized that my ears were completely impacted with ear wax. Because she recognized this problem, a half-hour later I was wax-free and could hear very well. When she gave me the hearing test, my hearing rated above normal! Something so simple, yet so important. I would recommend the Rockford office and Jane ** to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have partial hearing loss and I’ve been with Miracle-Ear for six years. I used to go to the Cranston store and they were great. They closed and so I went to the North Providence store. They were excellent. Now, I’m at the West Warwick store in Rhode Island and they are excellent also. Three years ago, I bought the latest model, an over-the-ear. I can hear a lot better, except when going into noisy conditions like in a restaurant -- it drives me crazy because I can’t hear anybody. The Miracle-Ear reps are excellent. If I call, they go in and they take care of me. They adjust and clean the hearing aids and they give me a hearing test.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My hearing loss was increasingly getting worse and I wasn’t recognizing how bad it was. I knew Miracle-Ear by name and I talked to my personal physician. He recommended an audiologist but he thought Miracle-Ear would be fine. The person I worked with in the office was exceptional. She was very professional and I can call at any time if I’m having any issues. She gets me in to either change the speakers or fix the wires. So, it’s been very good and I have no complaints.

The hearing aids that I got from Miracle-Ear were a little more expensive than the norm but it was very helpful and it has been good for me. Since having them, I could hear TV better, I could sit in a large group and distinguish voices and sit in church and hear the homily. The difference was noticeable from the get-go and my hearing improved overall. It’s a good product and they certainly do their homework. I’m happy with it and I would recommend somebody look at it to make their own decision.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I went in for a free evaluation and lucky for me everything is fine. I have gone to other places and was told my hearing was off and they tried to sell me expensive aid. It was so nice not to be given the runaround or lied to. I will be sure to go to Miracle Ears once a year. Sooner if needed. Their evaluation is always free.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I wear my Miracle-Ear hearing aids every day and they're wonderful. I can hear much better, my concentration is better, and everything is a plus. Also, everybody at Miracle-Ear has been great and my experience has been exceptional. The first doctor that I saw was wonderful and the reps were very considerate and helpful. I like their friendliness and the easy ability to make appointments.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was losing background noise and I wasn’t picking up everybody’s conversation. A friend of my wife went to Miracle-Ear, so I tried them. I went there one day, got assessed, then the woman rep showed me what was wrong. Ever since, I’ve had them and it has been fine. So far, everything has been great with the people that I've dealt with. Originally, I went to the office in Algonquin, Illinois because I lived in that area. Then I moved further to the suburb called Hoffman Estates in the city of Chicago and there was a Miracle-Ear office five minutes from here, so I had everything transferred over.

The hearing aid style that I got has the main body behind the ear and there's a long, skinny tube that goes into my ear canal. Since having my hearing aid, I can hear everything. The TV doesn’t have to be on volume level 20 and I can hear it fine on 10. I can hear people talking. If I’m in a room with half a dozen people, I can hear everybody talking. It has been great and I would recommend Miracle-Ear to a friend. As a matter of fact, I told my brother-in-law to try them because he told me that he had a hard time hearing. I told him that I got a Miracle-Ear hearing aid and I love it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have partial hearing loss and I got a hearing aid from Miracle Ear. I selected the behind the ear model because it was the cheaper one. The reps were very helpful. The overall performance of my hearing aid has been good. Since I've had it, I don’t have to turn the TV up as loud as before and I am able to pick up on the lower-toned sounds. But the cost in relation to the quality of the hearing aid that I got was out of line from what I see lately with the hearing aids that are being advertised.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I went with Miracle-Ear for a couple years and then I went to somebody else. The last person I had was the one I had been seeing for the last two hearing aids. He took over it at some point when my time was up, and he rubbed me the wrong way. Prior to that though, I was happy with the experience.

Miracle-Ear expert review by Shelley Webb

Headquartered in Minnesota, Miracle-Ear is one of the oldest and most trusted hearing aid companies in the United States. Miracle-Ear has been a well-known name in the hearing aid industry since its founding over 65 years ago. It operates both corporately-owned and franchised locations that offer hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more.

• Convenient locations: There are over 1,300 Miracle-Ear locations in the United States, so the odds are good that you can find one in a convenient location. You can use Miracle-Ear’s website to find one near you by entering your zip code or city and state.

• Product selection: Miracle-Ear offers several types of hearing aids to fit your needs, including in-the-canal, behind-the-ear and custom-fit aids. You can work with a Miracle-Ear professional to choose the best product for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you.

• Mobile apps: Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

• Customer service: Miracle-Ear offers comprehensive customer care packages, which include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year warranty on most of its products. You can expect the same level of service at any of Miracle-Ear’s convenient locations.

• Lifetime service: You will receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes testing to ensure proper functioning, cleaning, fit assessments, ear inspections, battery replacement and more. You will also receive a free annual hearing assessment, checkup and adjustment to ensure that your device is working at its best.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information