2. Elder Care
Accredited Partner

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

PROS

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

CONS

• Pricing could be more transparent

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a hearing loss. Don't put it off.

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus, their overall functionality, performance, and quality are good.

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,200 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear models

There are seven standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with GENIUS 3.0 technology — Miracle-Ear’s proprietary technology for improved sound quality. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

• Rechargeable BTE: This behind-the-ear model’s built-in lithium-ion battery is rechargeable. The hearing aid is compatible with the MEcontrol app. You can stream binaural audio from a smartphone to the hearing aid.
  • Rechargeable RIC: This receiver-in-canal model has built-in power, so you never have to mess with a battery. You simply drop the hearing aid into the charger and it takes care of the rest. Charges last for 24 hours. This model is compatible with the GENIUScontrol and GENIUSlink apps.
  • BTE: This model rests behind the ear. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app. It can connect to Bluetooth and stream audio.
  • RIC: This discreet model comes with Bluetooth connectivity. It has two case design choices and two battery size choices. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app.
  • miniRIC: Miracle-Ear’s smallest receiver-in-canal hearing aid model is also their most discreet. You can control the settings with a remote or via the GENIUScontrol app.
  • Ready Fit CIC: This hearing aid fits completely and discreetly in the canal and connects to the GENIUScontrol app. There are four sleeve size options. It comes with SingleMic directionality.
  • Mirage IIC: This is Miracle-Ear’s smallest hearing aid. It uses wireless ear-to-ear communication and is compatible with GENIUScontrol.
  • Custom Miracle-Ear hearing aid: Custom-designed hearing aids are available in CIC, ITC and ITE models. There are five colors to choose from.
ModelHearing aid typeHearing loss levelBattery type
Rechargeable BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
Rechargeable RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profound13, 312
BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to severe13
miniRICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to severe10
Custom hearing aidCompletely-in-the-canal(CIC), In-the-canal (ITC) or in-the-ear (ITE)Mild to severe10, 13, 312
ReadyFit CICCompletely-in-the-canal (CIC)Mild to moderate10
Mirage IICInvisible-in-the-canal (IIC)Mild to moderate10

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the cost of each hearing aid, but the company states you should expect to pay between $1,000 and $4,000. Behind-the-ear models and in-the-canal models can be on the pricier end of this range; however, even the most expensive models tend to cost no more than a few dollars a day over the lifetime of the hearing aid.

Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations. The Miracle-Ear Foundation, for example, offers affordable payment options to low-income Americans. They have also donated more than 10,000 hearing aids to those in need.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I've been wearing hearing aids for years before I went to Miracle-Ear. I wasn't happy with the other place I was at and I figured I’d try a new one. Miracle-Ear is about the third I’ve tried in the last 10 years and so far, they've worked out pretty well. My wife and I bought hearing aids a short period apart and there was much more follow up than there was in the other place. Miracle-Ear calls us and makes appointments. In fact, we have an appointment on Monday to go in and have a check up. Their service is much more involved than the previous place.

I have one behind-the-ear transmitter that transmits to the hearing aid in my left year, and my left ear is an in-the-ear. That's the one that was suggested to me by the audiologist. My right ear is so deteriorated that they didn't think that a hearing aid would work but what they did made a substantial difference in my hearing as far as surround sound hearing. But as far as overall hearing, I am limited though they did probably as good as it could. Maybe another 5 or 10 years would do even better. But that’s change. It would get more and more complicated and evolved.

From place to place, the cost pretty much follows taking inflation into account. Hearing aids basically run about the same amount which is somewhere between $4,000, give or take on either side. The transmitter was cheaper than the actual hearing aids which makes some sort of sense. It came up to just a little of $4,000 so that's about what I've been spending for at least the last 10 years or so. I’ve heard of people paying upward of 7 but I can’t imagine it being $3,000 worth of difference. I'm retired and I don’t have a certain income.

I’d recommend Miracle-Ear to other people. However, COVID has affected everything. It did take a little bit longer to get an appointment this time than we usually used to take. But every time we’ve gone there, we’ve gotten very good service. I haven’t had to wait an awful long time. The appointments seem to be very professionally handled. The appointment is at 9:30, you get there 10 minutes early, and you’re taken at 9:30. That’s one of the good things about them as I’ve sat in doctor’s offices for an hour, an hour and a half, two hours sometimes.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

My hearing was down to the point where working with my customer sometimes, I did not always totally understand what they were saying and had to interpolate by what I thought they might be saying to get directions through or wait until a complete conversation was going on. And then, “Oh, that’s what we’re talking about,” and then figure it out. So, I have better hearing at this point, but every once in a while, I still have to try to separate the background noise from what the conversation is. I can tell at different times, like just not being able to hear a complete conversation or listening on something, getting my age, and I can understand it better.

A number of years ago, I went with Southwest Hearing. And at the time, they said, “Your hearing is not that far gone.” But the aids I got were not picking up the additional losses I was hearing to the point that I lost the hearing aids and didn't realize I lost them until later on. I have done the same thing with the Miracle-Ear. I’ve paid for an additional hearing aid because I lost the left twice, because it came out of my ear. And I do moving around with pianos and stuff, and so I’d have my head up against them, and the little bulb on the end that you use to pull it out of your ear would catch on something. And I wouldn’t realize it right away because I was right up close to people and didn't realize it. And second time, I got another $1,000 into hearing aids that I was not happy with.

If one or both of my ears are not picking up everything, I have a harder time understanding a conversation. If the aids are not paired, then I only hear out of one or the other, and it makes it harder to understand. Also, the hearing-aids are designed so that they block out identical noise backgrounds. But sometimes they're not talking to one another and that would give a lot of extra white noise, but I haven't had that happen recently. Quality is good, and I don’t know that it could be any better. The one thing I miss is that I was using a Bluetooth with my cell phone prior to getting the hearing aids, and I could answer my phone by either saying, “Answer” or “Don’t.” But now I can’t do that. I have to actually hit my phone to answer it and then have it handy to talk, but with Bluetooth, I can hear it in my ears.

When I was talking to my counselor about things they were thinking about doing, and one of them was a software that was not designed by Miracle-Ear, and I tried using that at one time and I was not successful. It was just giving me more pain. And so, the counselor recommended just staying with the Miracle-Ear software. And with that, it has been regularly satisfactory. As I’m getting more acclimated to the hearing aids, it’s working better.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I had a hearing loss and I had an audiogram a couple years ago. Then, my hearing loss had gotten quite a bit worse. I could also tell I was losing some hearing and stuff in high ranges. I live in a community where there's a lot of older people and a lot of them have hearing aids. I chatted them up and tried to pick out a couple that were reliable. And Miracle-Ear was one of them. So, I made an appointment, had the audiogram, and the guy did an examination. He was very professional.

But the price kinda got to me. I knew they're expensive, but for the pair that I ended up getting cost $4,500 which is more or less average for a decent hearing aid. And I had no experience with hearing aids before, except I got that first audiogram a couple years ago. The examiner at the time didn't push it, but she mentioned the fact that I should have a hearing aid back then. And the type she recommended would be $5,200 for the pair. So, the price that Miracle-Ear's rep gave me was outrageous, but not out of the ballpark.

My wife and I talked about it before purchasing. We’re not wealthy, but we’re not poor. And I was missing a lot of stuff and watching TV was tough. So, we decided to go ahead and get the hearing aids. It took three weeks to get them in and the first time, I noticed that there was an improvement in my hearing. Even the way my own voice sounded was very different to me, but it’s not all roses.

Other than that, when I came in and picked up the hearing aids, the rep had it tuned up a little bit for whatever reason because they needed a little bit of adjustment. And I was impressed with the technology there. It was computerized and he could tell exactly where my weak or strong areas were. The guy had a really good knowledge of what he was doing. Then, he gave me some instructions on how to put them on. I’m 76 and not as bright as I used to be. And I had a little bit of trouble getting them on for the first week or so. But after that, it became just a matter of routine. Also, I wear eyeglasses and it’s extremely hard to keep the hearing aids back behind my ears. They keep popping out if I move the glasses around a little bit, so I find that to be annoying. I take them off if I don’t really need to use them but I'd end up wearing them five to eight hours a day altogether.

One time, I’ve had to call up the secretary there at the local office because one of the hearing aids went dead a week after I got them. She helped me out and it was just a matter of cleaning it, so that was easy to fix. Besides that, the audiologist is only at the Miracle-Ear office in Aiken, where I live, two days a week because he has another office in Augusta, Georgia. He goes back and forth. So, if I have a problem any particular day, I may not be able to get hold of him until three days later. But it’s not a big deal because it’s not life and death.

Original review: May 11, 2020

We got advertisement in the mail. We checked it out, and the person who took my evaluation was very good so we went with Miracle-Ear. My wife thought I had a problem with my hearing. So, we went and there were some issues. We meet up every three months or as required. And the rep is there, she cleans up the hearing aids, checks it, and sends me on my way. Very polite and very friendly. She does an excellent job.

I already went through the basic hearing aids and had a newer one. So, now, I don't have any batteries with it. I just charge it up once a day. I saw on the internet or maybe in a magazine which seemed like the same thing that I got, and they're charging $400. So, cost-wise, mine seems very significant. I paid about 2000 minus the 3000 that insurance took over. But it seemed kind of excessive. If there’s more technology, what they described in their advertisement seemed to be the same. So, the only thing I can figure out is I do meet with a representative three times or four times a year, or more so whenever I need it. And maybe that’s why the product is a little more expensive.

I can hear better and I have control over it with the app. I can increase or decrease it. I can deal with the background noise and with other areas too using my app. So, that’s good. I’ve tried to recommend it to other people but they were more like, “No, too expensive, can’t afford it,” and stuff like that, even though I tell them, “You go there for free and they'll just check you out,” and they're very good technicians, they know what they're doing and they're very friendly. But other than that, I’m satisfied with the technician, and the service, and the product.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I was having a lot of trouble hearing everything in people’s conversations, so I was just standing around going, “Mm-hmm, whatever”. And I couldn’t hear my pastor talk and some parts of music. I saw a Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids ad in the paper, that they had two for the price of one, and since I’m on a very small Social Security income, that was perfect for me. So, I bought them and I love them. Their customer service team is wonderful. The receptionist Cynthia is a darling and she has such a wonderful attitude. I see her with other people too, and she’s terrific. The other rep is excellent. He takes really good care of what I need. And he’s personable and he seems very knowledgeable.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid feels fine, most of the time. But sometimes, I don’t think it’s all the way in. When you take the mold of the ear, it doesn't go as far into the ear canal as it could because that would make it so they won’t fall out and I think that they would sit better. Nonetheless, I can hear people talk, and I can hear my kids, and I can hear music. They’re wonderful. One time I lost one of them outside and then we had a torrential rain for a few days. And I finally found it a long time later, and just figured to let it sit on the counter and let it dry out and see if it works. And it worked just great. And then another time last year, when I was shoveling snow outside, I lost one. And yes, they do tend to fall out. We had to wait for it to melt. And then I found it again and that didn’t work after I tried. But I sent it in and it came back even better than it was before.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I happened to be over in a shopping center and Miracle-Ear has a little store there. I previously had hearing aids so we just walked in. I love the hearing aids. They’re very good as well as the quality and the service. If I had a problem, I would make the phone call and almost always, they would take care of it that day. The gentleman who's there all the time is very helpful. I recommended Miracle-Ear to my friends and other people have gone there because of it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I lost a significant amount of my upper register hearing, the higher frequencies. I was around jet engines for 26 years. I had an excellent experience from the receptionist to the customer service man, and everybody that I’ve dealt with, even here. I’m stuck in Arizona right now and I had to use one of the local Miracle-Ear places here because there was a little problem with the hearing aids. It turned out to be just ear wax. But they were very helpful. I ended up with a second step up from the cheap ones. The cost versus the quality is excellent. Very good quality.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

The lady that is taking care of the Miracle-Ear office here in my neighborhood is fantastic. The staff has changed in the past and I wasn't so happy but this lady is perfect. She knows me, she knows what I need, and she sees through everything. It was a big improvement above what was. Also, the hearing aids are good. The need for changing batteries has stopped, which was pleasant, and what I didn't like has been taken away. They took off the big antennas that played havoc with my hair all the time. I have sent several people to Miracle-Ear. I go for this particular kind because it is a good kind and it is expensive, but it helps. They make improvements all the time and I don't think all the improvements are better, but what I have here is perfect.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Miracle-Ear was located in town and I heard good things about it. The reps have all been very nice and helpful. In the Jupiter office and Kenneth Square, the help has been very good. I'm pleased both with my hearing aids and the service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I knew I was having problems and was having general hearing loss. Everything seemed dull. Miracle-Ear had a free audio test at the time I decided on a hearing solution about five years ago so I went down and was tested. The customer service was excellent. They took care of everything. Since I got the hearing aids, it’s cleared everything up and when I'm in crowds, I can hear what's going on. The product so far has been good as well as the service. The pricing is a little steeper than a lot of people want to deal with when you recommend them because they know they have friends that go to other places and get even half the price what I paid. You only see about pricing. You don't hear about the service that they may get or not get. I know what I get and you get what you pay for. People have to make their own decisions but I recommended Miracle-Ear.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?
    Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.
    Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?
    Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.
    How much does Miracle-Ear cost?
    Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.
    What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
    • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
    • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
    • In-the-canal (ITE)
    • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
    Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?
    Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear author review by Shelley Webb

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss. Financing is available through credit companies, and the Miracle-Ear Foundation provides special assistance for those with limited income and no insurance.

• Products: This company offers seven models of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, completely-in-canal and invisible-in-canal hearing aids. Custom designs with five color options are available in completely-in-canal, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles.

• Features: All hearing aids come with GENIUS 3.0 technology to improve audio quality. They are programmable with up to 48 channels, and most styles come with an app to control the settings. Optional features include rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth compatibility and tinnitus control.

• Trial and warranty: Hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and a three-year limited warranty.

• Locations: This company has over 1,400 franchised locations across the United States where consumers can get hearing tests, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repairs.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information