Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1942 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I had a video otoscope exam and a hearing test at the Walterboro SC facility. The team members were very professional, caring and honest with the diagnosis. I received a detailed oral explanation of my hearing difficulties. It was an excellent and friendly experience.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Miracle-Ear has been great trying to figure out the best way to handle my loss of hearing. I got the hearing aid that goes behind the ear, and my life has been better with it. I can't hear a thing without them. The staff at Miracle-Ear has been fantastic. They're willing to listen, they're there, I can make appointments, and I can get there. It's convenient, and they've been willing to help to try to figure out whatever problems I may have.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My hearing loss was bad and my Miracle-Ear hearing aids have been helpful. I purchased them from the Miracle-Ear in Florida, and at the time, the person that gave me the hearing test was very helpful and her knowledge was very good. The cost is ridiculous, though. I can buy a smart TV for $300, but I have to have $7,000 for a hearing aid. Other than the cost, I like the warranty and guarantees. The repair service has been good and I like the idea that they do check-ups on you every few months.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I had a hearing test at this location due to medium hearing loss. I must say that people working there are great professionals and nice personalities. Thanks to audiologist Adam, who conducted the test, I got not only the precise diagnosis, but comprehensive explanation of appropriate remedies and hearing aids, as well as the financial options.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and since a good friend of mine is working at Miracle-Ear, I went with them even if they were a little pricey. My hearing aid works perfectly for me and it has impacted my life dramatically. I can finally hear clearly now. Miracle-Ear has been treating me very well. Every three months, I go in there and they clean my hearing aids.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My hearing was bad to the point where I could hardly hear the TV unless I turn it wide open. And if I go to a cafeteria I couldn’t hear anything from across the table. But I got the hearing aid that goes around the ear, and the plug goes in the ear. When I went to the ear place, I took my hearing test. They brought that out, and I tried it. I put it on and right away, I could tell the big difference. I'm hearing a lot better. I don’t have to turn the TV up loud anymore. It’s a little expensive but you get what you pay for. The Miracle-Ear staff, Rodney, is also super. Whenever I need an appointment, I get right in. He’s real courteous and I really like him. My hearing aid is a great product. My father-in-law also had his Miracle-Ear years ago, and it was amazing for him.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My hearing loss was pretty significant and I was not aware of it. I know I was starting to not hear things that people would be speaking in regular volume and I was having a hard time picking up. I would miss certain words and I knew it was time to go somewhere and get some help. I did some research into different companies and I thought Miracle-Ear served the greater of all of the ones that I looked at. And once I engaged into it, I am convinced that I made the right decision.

I had my hearing tested by Miracle-Ear, and they told me that it was not a tremendous loss but enough loss to make sense for me to get hearing aids. I did and I was thankful because I hear much better now. It makes life a little easier. I got the ones where they have little rubber, soft tips that look like kind of a mushroom on the tip. It fits into my ear pretty well and I can push it in pretty deep. I got the gray one because I got gray hairs around my temple and it blends in with my hairline which is nice. I’m very happy with them. I've gone to their outlet to get my ears cleaned for good sound and make sure that they’re healthy. I had a new person which gave me a lot of good information. I was happy with the new person but it was only for a day because I’ll be getting another new person coming in to be my regular person. The first person who assisted me was also good and I’m sure the next person will be just as good.

I recently had my hearing aids cleaned and I spoke with the young fellow that serviced me. He’s been around five years with Miracle-Ear. The hearing aids I have are about four years old and there’s a lot of difference in technology since I've had them. He told me that maybe I should go to the next level, for the technology level and I will consider that for next year.

The whole experience with Miracle-Ear has been excellent. I’m also a customer service type person so I know when customer service is good because I tried to give that same value to my customers. Miracle-Ear has been nothing but honest and forthcoming. I’m actually looking forward to going there because I know the service is that good. My wife also wears hearing aids but she wears something from another company, and I have instructed her to get hearing aids from Miracle-Ear within the next year. I would recommend Miracle-Ear to anybody that has a hearing problem and I would feel very good about doing it. They got a great product and a good pricing for it. I’m glad I made the decision to go with Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have 30% hearing loss in one ear and 40% in the other. The local Miracle-Ear office here in Evansville has a satellite office in Mount Vernon where I worked, which is really handy for me, so I decided to get a hearing aid unit from them. I went with the behind-the-ear as it seemed to be the best for me at that time. I also know a couple of guys that had them and they liked theirs. I like my hearing aids and I wouldn't want to live without it. Also, the interactions I've had with Miracle-Ear's customer service have been perfect. If I have a problem, I'd call customer service and they would get me in right away. Also, if I break a piece off, they would fix it. I would recommend Miracle-Ear, and I have recommended them to a son and my older brother.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had an old set of Miracle-Ear hearing aids that I had gotten from someone else that I thought could be brought up to where I needed. The Miracle-Ear hearing aids that I have is the over-the-ear and into the little tube, and into the ear. It's the kind that doesn’t show much and is fairly comfortable. The worst for me was background noises and the hearing aids help me more with that. Doing business with the Miracle-Ear customer service reps was very nice. I did business out in Arizona and I liked the customer service better there than in my home area. The reps in the Arizona area were more personable and very helpful. But both of them are satisfactory. I get done what I need, and they are both very on time and have a good office practice.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I had a very bad experience with my first set of hearing aids with another company. Their support service was atrocious, and they probably were the wrong hearing aids. I went with Miracle-Ear because they advertise, promote, they have a local store, and they gave me a hearing test. I also decided to go with them because of the frustration to go with the Cadillac, the best one.

Initially, I was really quite disappointed with them. I had a lot of bugaboos with the product in the beginning. The Cadillac that I bought which was an $8000 hearing aids didn’t stay in right. It fit terrible ‘till I got this plastic molding they fit, which measured 250 bucks extra at that point. But that made a substantial difference as far as hearing ‘cause the hearing aids stayed in. In my opinion, that should have been included initially for the cost of it. I wasn’t aware and I filed a complaint. They said that they could put that fitted earpiece in. They would measure you, send it to Miracle-Ear, and they would make a mold that they attach. If they marketed that right and sold it right and explained it from the get-go, it would probably help a lot of their customers.

I'm at the point where I'm frustrated with Miracle-Ear. But they’re an aid, they’re not a cure and I’m aware of that. There are a lot of products that are marketed considerably less in price. At this point, I made a heavy investment. The fellow that sold it to me that ran the store before didn't do a good job in my book. Then they changed where I’m at and the manager serviceperson, Carrie, made a big difference. The poor lady was running two stores but she is excellent. When I met a problem, Miracle-Ear took care of it.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My hearing loss was severe and when I decided to get hearing aids, I had the Miracle-Ear ad in my hand and that's who I went with. Mine goes behind the ear and though the cost was high at the time that I bought it, it's pretty good. I don’t have many problems when the weather is cool, but when it’s hot and I sweat so bad, my batteries short out. They've done some cleaning and the hearing aids work great again for a while until I sweat. Also, it would be great if I could get rid of the wind noise. When it’s windy, I can’t stand to go outside with them on and a lot of times, I just shut them off. Nonetheless, everybody I’ve dealt with has done real well.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had moderate hearing loss and based on reputation I decided to get hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. I got the behind-the-ear model because there would be less of a chance of losing it other than in-the-ear. The device turned out to be very good and the reps of Miracle-Ear were fantastic. They made sure that everything was working properly and they were patient. I’ve had some issues operating it. I went out and they were resolved right away. They took the time to make sure that I understood. They taught me to how to use it, so I was very happy.

I only wish they get together with Apple and be able to have these hearing aids linked directly to the iPhone, like Starkey does. You don’t need a third-person or a third-party app to function. It just automatically connects. Nevertheless, I was finally able to understand what everybody was saying to me because Miracle-Ear. It wasn’t that I couldn’t hear others before getting the device but I was misunderstanding what they were saying.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Miracle-Ear had an office close by where I live and I purchased a behind-the-ear hearing aid from them since I have a minor hearing loss. It helped me be able to hear a bit better and they were comfortable to wear. However, the right hearing aid didn’t work well when I got it. We sent it to them a couple of times for repair but they were not really fixed. I think the hearing aid was defective.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

An audiologist who goes to my church referred me to Miracle-Ear for my hearing loss. Since then, I've had a fine experience with the company and with their hearing aids, I can hear people now. Their reps have been wonderful. I'm very pleased with what I have.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My family members told me that I seem to be losing my hearing. They said I did not understand unless they spoke really loud, so I had my hearing tested. I had hearing loss in both ears so I picked out a hearing aid. I went with Miracle-Ear since they were available. I got the small hearing aid where one port fits behind the ear and the other one goes in the ear.

Hearing aids make hearing more possible but they lack a lot when it comes to normal, natural hearing. I can hear better but they're not all they're cracked up to be. A lot of times, they’ll buzz out if I have been asleep and there is usually a lot of noise. They would be a lot better if I could get them adjusted correctly. Also, I lost a good bit of hearing in my right ear and this seems to be continuing. I went to Miracle-Ear and saw a person there this past week. I told him that there was a lot of squealing in my right ear and he put a big tip on one end and he hoped that would take care of the squealing. That took care of some of it, but my hearing aid still squeals a lot.

I have been going to the Miracle-Ear stores in Bluefield, Virginia and in Surf City, North Carolina. The one in Bluefield, Virginia worked on the adjustment of the hearing aid. The rep made an effort but she did not move as much as the rep here. Although they worked on the adjustment, my hearing aid is still squealing, even if it helps me hear. It squeals when I sit down to watch television on the couch or in the chair and lean my head back. My head or my hair might be rubbing it. Nevertheless, Miracle-Ear did well all in all and the amount of hearing that I gained from using them far outweighs the inconveniences.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I have partial hearing loss so I got an Over-The-Ear and one in the ear type of hearing aid from Miracle-Ear. The reps were good however, it costs too much. Nonetheless, I can hear.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and my Miracle-Ear representative is in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Ben really struck me as someone who knew what he was talking about and someone who cared. I started with them when I bought my hearing aids, and then moved two hours to the east. But I still go back to see Ben because that’s how impressed I am with him. As I get older, my hearing gets worse, and Ben walked me through that. I got better products now so my hearing is almost acceptable. I never ever go without my hearing aids.

The hearing aids from Miracle-Ear are very expensive. If I were to get my hearing aids through the university, it’d be a lot less expensive. But my buddy's hearing aids are just crap. So I’m very impressed with my hearing aids. At first, I wanted to just have ear buds. But now, as I get older, I’ve needed to up the power of my hearing aids so I’ve got inserts. Miracle-Ear helps me every single time I need help. Right now, I’m having a bit of a problem with my GENIUSlink when it gets in the sanctuary where they have a radio frequency to work with other people’s hearing aids. It interferes with the GENIUSlink.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The stores in Colorado Springs Colorado have had more than 4 providers in the past 6 months. Heather, Linda, Cherish, Shawn, Kieth and Norm. What is wrong with this place that they cannot maintain consistent providers? No one knows or is unwilling so say what is going on. You can’t ever get an appointment because they are always changing providers. BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I talked to my son about going to Miracle-Ear and he took me there. I met the doctor and had a checkup. Then, I decided to buy my hearing aid from there. After using it, I feel much better and I can hear what people say. The difference I can see after using it is that I have no problem with hearing and talking with people. It’s very useful when I am in a group or when I am at home with my grandkids.

The customer service reps at Miracle-Ear have been doing a very good job and I like the doctor very much. Their service has been very good and and amazing. When I went there, the receptionist or the person sitting at the front desk had changed. But whenever I went there, I liked very much the way the doctor dealt with me. He gave me a thorough checkup, cleaned my hearing aid, and gave it back. The quality of the hearing aids that I received is very good. Although it costs a little bit more than other hearing aids, what I have now serves its purpose, so I am happy about it. I am thoroughly satisfied with Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Miracle-Ear's new location is good for me. It's up in Delmar in the plaza which is not even 10 minutes away. I was in and out. I have both hearing aids in and I'm really satisfied. Before, I was only using one because the other one wasn’t comfortable. But I'm doing well now.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My hearing loss comes from a lot of trap shooting without earplugs and working around machines. I was having trouble understanding people when we were just having normal conversations. With Miracle-Ear, I hear things that I hadn’t heard in a long time and I can hear a deer coming a lot better when I’m out in the woods. But they’re awfully expensive. You spend over $6,000 for two little hearing aids, which is a lot of money. Other than that, it fits very well in my ears and the batteries hold up pretty good. I read an article that you should take the batteries out of the hearing aid at night. So that’s what I’ve been doing and it has lengthened the battery life. Also, the folks from where I bought the hearing aids are always really nice to me, and the lady that tested my hearing is just a sweetheart.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Miracle-Ear's advertising sounded like it was a company that was responsible, and knew what they were doing. So, I was confident in their ability to check my hearing. Their sales and customer service teams were excellent and professional. I worked with Michael and he was really professional. He interacts very well with his clients. He only found a deficit in one ear, so I only had one hearing aid there. Since that time, I have gone to the VA, and the VA has supplied me with a set of hearing aids, which are all very good also. So, right now, I’m using their product. VA is cheaper, and Miracle-Ear is a little bit on the expensive side. But given their product, I can understand why. Their product is excellent. If I needed to go some place to get a hearing aid, I'm going to Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Before, when I was in a crowd of people, I couldn't hear. I heard of other people going to Miracle-Ear who were really satisfied with them, so I also got hearing aids from Miracle Ear and that straightened me right out. I had a pair for seven years and now I'm on my second pair. My hearing aids are over-the-ear, it's the top of the line, and it's the one that hooks to your phone. I wanted a good model and it was similar to the one I had that was seven years old, so I traded those in for my new ones. I'm also satisfied with Miracle-Ear's customer service rep. You can call him anytime you wanna call him and he answers the phone. But I've had a couple occasions where I've called him when we wasn't in the office. Still, he's a really good fellow. Miracle Ear's service has been excellent, too. I know they're expensive but their product is a good one. I'm extremely satisfied with them and I won't go anyplace else.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I had a pituitary tumor when I was in my 20s. I was radiated for six weeks because I couldn’t take it out and it affected my hearing, which went downhill for a long time. So I got hearing aids in California but they didn’t work very well. Then when I got here and heard about Miracle-Ear, I went in and I was offered new hearing aids which worked very nicely for a while. Since then, I have gotten a new style of hearing aids and have used them for about a week now.

Miracle-Ear adjusts my hearing aids for me when I go in for regular check-ups. They also make adjustments If I’m not hearing everything I want to hear. Shawn and the receptionist at Miracle-Ear are very nice people, too. Shawn helped me understand my hearing loss and that I have to wear my hearing aids if I wanna hear. I was putting them in when I went to places where I wasn’t hearing very well and keeping them out the rest of the time. Now, I wear them all the time except when I’m in bed.

With my new hearing aids, everything is smaller and I can hear better than when I had my older ones. They seem outrageously expensive but they’re worth it. With them, I have state-of-the-art hearing ability and they allow me to hear well even people with quiet voices and on the telephone. And it's for the same price as what I paid for my hearing aids 12 years ago in California, which weren’t good. What I have now is the latest thing and it really is making a difference.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I liked Miracle-Ear's location of facility, the care, the service that I felt I was gonna get from the technician, and overall, what I had researched on the other customers’ responses to how well their units worked. My hearing loss was very bad, and since having my Miracle-Ear hearing aids, I can definitely hear a lot better. I owned a retail store, so there were a lot of phone calls and personal conversations with people. So, that was difficult, but the hearing aids definitely solved the problem.

This past weekend, my left hearing aid stopped working. That was on a Sunday and I called them on Monday morning, and they said, “Fine. Can you come in this afternoon?” I was surprised it was that quick. So, within five minutes, Amanda had it taken care of, and I was back on the road and hearing as good as normal. So, she’s been an exceptional tech that I’ve been seeing now for the last couple of years.

My Miracle-Ear hearing aids are not cheap, but so far, the value that I get from the hearing quality is worth the expense to me. My life has substantially improved. I'm no longer frustrated and I'm able to carry on conversations with people. Prior to that, it was always difficult. I sorta backed away because I couldn’t hear what they were asking or telling me. Also, now with these adjustable hearing aids, by altering the program, I’m able to hear things in a large auditorium or a concert-type scenario as well.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

My hearing was pretty bad before but I didn't notice that I needed hearing aids so bad until my wife started putting ear plugs in when I was watching TV. I realized that I better do something and at the time, going with Miracle-Ear was convenient and the prices were right. I tried a couple of different styles but the one I got now, the Genius, is the best one so far. The others weren't very good at all and I can do the thing online with this one where I couldn't with the others.

When I started with Miracle Ear, the original person I went to wasn't very good and they ended up firing her. But the one I got now is fine and I don't have any trouble at all. Their customer service reps have been pretty good and they've done whatever I needed to be done to my hearing aid. Plus, the store I'm going to now is only a couple of miles from the house and it's fairly easy to get an appointment with them. I just gotta call them and usually, they can get me right in. Other than that, I can hear a lot better with my hearing aids and since I got them, my wife doesn't complain anymore about me having the TV too loud. All in all, Miracle-Ear's hearing aids are too dang expensive. But I like them and their product is as good as about anybody else's.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I went in Miracle-Ear’s place in West Monroe and talked to the ladies. Then, when I went back, I had a hearing test done. The low pitch was fine but I could not hear the high pitch. They fixed everything and got me set up. It was a big difference. I got the over-the-ear hearing aid and it comes into the canal. Its functionality and performance have been great. However, I bought new batteries for my rechargeable system about three months ago and they will not charge right now. So, I called their office in Monroe and got an appointment with them tomorrow.

My experience with their customer service team has been above par and excellent. They are timely and when you walk in, they see you and they are reasonable. I work in a shop and the noise is too much. So, I don't wear the hearing aids continuously but overall, Miracle-Ear hearing aid has helped me as far as hearing voices in a big crowd. When I get in big crowds, I have to adjust and about 75% of the time that I wear them, everything is excellent. I have recommended Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I had some hearing loss over the years and I had trouble understanding, where I needed clarification with certain syllables. My wife got tired of asking me or having me ask her to repeat. I finally broke down and went for a hearing test and I got the hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. The people at Miracle-Ear are very professional and very good. I go periodically and they’ve been taking good care of me. They periodically clean the hearing aids and retest me every so often. I’m very happy with the people themselves. The staff there is great. However, financially, it has been a big burden. It is $5,000 and I still got a couple of years to pay. If I were to do it over, I would not have gone in the first place. I have managed without the hearing aids all this time. They keep retesting me and tweaking things, so I’m sure they’re doing the best they can to take care of my hearing loss. I’m really happy with Miracle-Ear and my only concern is the cost.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

An 84 year old woman with macular degeneration (very poor eyesight) with poor hearing and mobility was completely taken advantage of. Even tho they said they're given her a refund, they're keeping 10% ($539) for b.s. restocking fee. They told her she was getting $9000 hearing aid which was a lie. No such thing. Keep your moms and dad and anyone you know away from Miracle-Ear. Costco sells the same hearing aids for half he cost. They're a rip off. Rebecca (so called specialist) is a liar and took advantage of an old woman with poor eyesight and hearing. Paul ** (owner of multiple locations in Michigan), well, good luck trying to get a hold of him. Miracle-Ear (corporate) said they couldn't much because the offices are independently owned and couldn't do much. Stay away from Miracle-Ear. They took advantage of an old woman with disabilities. They're horrible.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

When I had a hearing loss, my wife chose the upper-end hearing aid model for me. The performance of the hearing aid was good at the beginning. But, as time went on, my hearing got worse. It didn't help. The past three times I've gone into their store, their reps were nudging me along to buy a new one with new technology. Miracle-Ear hearing aid isn't cheap, but I've had nothing but great experiences at the store in New Jersey. I have been with Miracle-Ear for almost five years, and I’m extremely satisfied. I have even sent somebody to that store.

Miracle-Ear expert review by Shelley Webb

Headquartered in Minnesota, Miracle-Ear is one of the oldest and most trusted hearing aid companies in the United States. Miracle-Ear has been a well-known name in the hearing aid industry since its founding over 65 years ago. It operates both corporately-owned and franchised locations that offer hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more.

• Convenient locations: There are over 1,300 Miracle-Ear locations in the United States, so the odds are good that you can find one in a convenient location. You can use Miracle-Ear’s website to find one near you by entering your zip code or city and state.

• Product selection: Miracle-Ear offers several types of hearing aids to fit your needs, including in-the-canal, behind-the-ear and custom-fit aids. You can work with a Miracle-Ear professional to choose the best product for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you.

• Mobile apps: Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

• Customer service: Miracle-Ear offers comprehensive customer care packages, which include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year warranty on most of its products. You can expect the same level of service at any of Miracle-Ear’s convenient locations.

• Lifetime service: You will receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes testing to ensure proper functioning, cleaning, fit assessments, ear inspections, battery replacement and more. You will also receive a free annual hearing assessment, checkup and adjustment to ensure that your device is working at its best.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information