4.7/5 (210 ratings)

About Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 70 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,500 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Pros

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

Cons

• Pricing could be more transparent

Bottom Line

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Verified

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a ...

Verified

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus,...

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,500 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

There are multiple standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with the latest in hearing technology. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

Miracle-EarMINI hearing aids
Miracle-EarMINI small hearing aid solutions are virtually unnoticeable while offering some of the company's most advanced features.
  • Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC: The discreet Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC delivers natural sound with discretion. These custom hearing aids are equipped with binaural wireless and offer crystal-clear sound and speech understanding—even in very noisy environments.
  • MEMINI ReadyFit: This hearing aid provides a convenient, on-the-spot hearing solution.
  • MEMINI CIC: This discreet hearing aid is designed to help you enjoy conversations in any situation.
  • MEMINI Audiotone Pro CIC: Designed to be discreet, this hearing aid is also an affordable hearing solution.
  • MEMINI RIC 10: While this hearing aid is discreet and comfortable, it also allows you to take advantage of some of Miracle-Ear's most advanced features.
Miracle-EarCONNECT hearing aids
Miracle-EarCONNECT Bluetooth hearing aids give you access to advanced features that help you make the most out of your relationships, stay productive at work and have fun during your downtime.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT RIC 312:Equipped with personalized hearing and natural sound quality, MECONNECT RIC 312 offers an extremely discreet design. Despite its sleek form, MECONNECT RIC 312 provides fully featured Bluetooth connectivity for maximum enjoyment of music, calls and TV. The newly designed rocker switch and optional telecoil make this a great solution for those who value discretion in a high-performing device.
  • MECONNECT RIC 312 T: This direct-streaming RIC with telecoil lets you to clearly hear the world around you.
  • MECONNECT RIC 13: Enjoy direct connectivity for phone calls, audio streaming and advanced remote-control options. Voice Recognition Technology keeps your own voice and surrounding environment in balance, providing a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13: Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13 hearing aids offer versatility to meet your individual hearing needs. This hearing device harmonizes your voice and surrounding sounds to provide a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • MECONNECT BTE P 13: This hearing aid offers natural sound quality and speech understanding in noise. It's also compatible with the Miracle-Ear app.
Miracle-EarENERGY hearing aids
With advanced lithium-ion technology, Miracle-Ear's fully rechargeable hearing aids let you live an active life with simple and reliable charging. Miracle-EarENERGY hearing solutions are hassle-free, long-lasting and flexible.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY iRIC R: This innovative hearing aid offers sleek, modern design with streaming and portable charging. MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid
  • MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid combines lithium-ion rechargeability, integrated acoustic and motion sensors and fully featured Bluetooth connectivity to stream music, calls and TV in high-quality sound. Its 20% extra battery capacity provides flexibility and convenience in a small design.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY BTE R: Miracle-Ear's first fully rechargeable BTE delivers the most advanced performance of any BTE. The lithium-ion BTE provides natural sound quality for the wearer’s own voice and surrounding sounds, and it conveniently charges with the new portable charger.
Miracle-EarEASY hearing aids
The company's Miracle-EarEASY hearing solutions are designed to help those on a budget receive the hearing solution they need. The devices come with basic features to everyday needs.
  • Miracle-EarEASY RIC 312: These affordable hearing aids come with essential features to meet basic lifestyle needs. It offers great sound quality in a discreet design.
  • Miracle-EarEASY BTE S 312: This BTE hearing aid offers a comfortable and affordable hearing solution. This powerful hearing solution offers essential features for all levels of loss, even severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SA 13: This hearing aid offers maximum comfort and great sound quality.
  • MEEASY BTE P 13: This BTE is extremely powerful is a great solution for those with severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SP 675: This BTE hearing aid offers comfort and essential features.
  • MEEASY Audiotone Pro BTE 312: The Audiotone Pro BTE S 312 is an affordable hearing aid that offers everyday features for your lifestyle.

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the cost of each hearing aid, but the company states you should expect to pay between $1,000 and $4,000 — while this number seems high, the daily cost of two hearing aids is $1 to $7 per day, based on a 3- to 5-year lifespan.

Hearing aids are an investment in your overall health. There are many factors that determine hearing aid cost, including hearing aid choice, fitting, lifetime aftercare and technology level. Investing in high-quality hearing aids means your solution will be completely customized to you, both in the fit of the device itself as well as the programming of the software to meet your unique needs. Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations.

Miracle-Ear Foundation

The Miracle-Ear Foundation’s Gift of Sound hearing aid program helps children and adults with hearing loss gain access to hearing aids. The program is designed for people who demonstrate a personal inability to financially provide for their hearing health needs. Since 1990, the Miracle-Ear Foundation® has donated over 21,000 hearing aids to more than 11,700 individuals nationwide.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?

Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.

Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?

Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

How much does Miracle-Ear cost?

Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.

What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
  • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
  • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
  • In-the-canal (ITE)
  • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?

Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: March 8, 2022

I had a couple of other people who had gone to Miracle-Ear and they were satisfied so I figured I would give them a shot. I've had them for quite a few years now. When I had problems with them, Miracle-Ear rectified them. I haven't had any problems with my hearings aids since. They're working and doing what they're supposed to do.

I started with the hearing aids that you put the batteries into and the batteries were mailed to the house automatically. That was fine. I found it to be cumbersome sometimes to do it because it was always the thing where the batteries died when you're not near the batteries. When I went back in and they said, "We have these that you can just plug in and charge." That made it a lot easier and a lot more convenient. My mom was on Miracle-Ear too and she had the battery ones. She had to stop wearing them. With arthritis in her hands, she cannot put the batteries in and take care of them. It was very difficult for her. The problem with that was that she couldn't afford the upgrade.

My hearing aids are very comfortable. I plug the hearing aids in at night and they recharge. I like the fact that they hook up to the phone. That works fine. I had to purchase a new battery because I needed one for at home and one for the office. They don't last all that long. You definitely need to charge them midday sometimes. I put them on at 7:00 in the morning and I don't take them out until 11:00 at night. That's normal for me. But by around 9:30, they usually shut down and I have to take the hearing ids off because the battery is drained. I bought a second charger. My thing is if the price for some of the stuff could be a little bit more affordable.

That aside, the hearing I had before was very bad and Miracle-Ear helped immensely. The problem I had in the beginning with the old hearing aids that I had was you couldn't adjust them enough. With the new ones, it's a bit easier because there is reverberation at times. I'm able to adjust them enough so I don't have to worry about it. I got them well over maybe two years ago now.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I haven't found them to be dishonest and I'm really pleased by that. I've tried a couple of different Miracle-Ears. One was a sleek rechargeable unit that went behind the ear. The fact that I wear the hearing aid from 7 o'clock in the morning until at least midnight, it did not maintain the charge. I got a little unit that hangs behind the ear with a little wire that goes inside the ear. I have the battery-operated ones and I come to change the batteries twice a week.

I don't like having to change the batteries. And I have been stuck where one ear will go out and I don't have a battery with me and that's kind of difficult. So I've learned to carry a package of batteries in my briefcase at all times. Other than that, I'm very happy with it and it has been 100% perfect. I go to my local Miracle-Ear and there's a lady there who would check it out, clean it and replace the little silicone ear things. I deal with people in Des Moines, Iowa all the way to Boca Raton and I get excellent service all the time no matter where I walk in.

My hearing aids are very expensive and I don't know how long they're gonna last. They're beginning to show signs of wear and tear outside the body of the unit. But I'm trusting that the Miracle-Ear company will stand behind it and do whatever they can to make sure that it's always maintained in its good functionality. While they're good, the hearing aids are a benefit. I stream through my phone and I use the app. I love the ability that works with my iPhone and I can change the sound and the direction. I recommend Miracle-Ear and tell others "You get what you pay for." I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Miracle Ear is expensive, which is a shock to your system, but it's well worth buying the quality hearing aid with people that work with you. I am 80% deaf in my left ear and when I got hearing aids, Miracle Ear worked with me where I could try it. The sound coming in my left ear, I can hear it from my left side, but it would reverb over to my right side. It was confusing for me. We tried that, then I said when I'm in a crowd, it was just almost too much. They worked and worked with me. They switched the type to where I don't hear that well on my left ear but I'm not having the confusion on the sounds, and they didn't charge me extra.

Miracle Ear treats me like I'm family and they always called and confirmed my appointment. I've had two different people. There was a guy coming down from Springfield and you could only get an appointment on Wednesdays. Now, that's not the case. They've got somebody new in there and I can get in any time that fits my schedule. It's so convenient because my home is close, and they're always nice, cordial and helpful. It makes you feel like they're not just doing the task of doing it. They really are listening to what you're saying and trying to improve your situation. I've been real pleased with them. I'd definitely recommend them and I have before. I love Miracle Ear. In fact, I have an appointment at 1:00 today.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

My Miracle Ear representative is in Fort Worth, Texas. Her name is Cindy **. When I bought my hearing aids we lived in Fort Worth. March of 2021 we moved to Oklahoma City. I have ovarian cancer diagnosed in 2013 and I am currently in my fourth reoccurrence. One of the chemo drugs I take has platinum in it. I have learned platinum damages the eardrum. That’s what happened to my hearing. My hearing has gotten worse since we moved to OKC because of my current chemo treatments so I contacted a Miracle Ear office there for help. My hearing aids are 5 years old. They were top of the line aids when I bought them.

When I went to my appointment with the Miracle Ear representative in OKC whose name is Jeff ** he was no help whatsoever. I needed him to adjust my aids so I could hear better. I sat and listened to him talk about himself and how great he was for Miracle Ear and how he had been in the business for 41 years. He gave me a very short hearing test and told me my hearing was at a severity level. He could turn my hearing aids up but it would not help me. I questioned him about adjusting my aids and was told my aids were 5 years old and that they had done all they could do for me. When I told him I didn’t come in that day to buy new hearing aids he pushed himself away from his desk and said he could not help me. I left his office totally depressed and confused about what had just happened. I had just wasted a hour and a half and left totally depressed.

I immediately called Miracle Ear in Fort Worth and wanted to talk to Cindy. I told her what had happened to me at the Miracle Ear in OKC. She was shocked to hear how I had been treated and what I was told. I told her I wanted to come and see her because I trusted her. She has always been very professional and kind.

We drove to Fort Worth which is 4 hours from OKC and met with her. She did an extensive hearing test and told me my hearing had not changed that much since she tested me a year and a half before. She told me I certainly did not fall in a severity level of hearing. She spent well over an hour with me. She adjusted my aids and helped get my hearing at a better and clearer level. I will never go to another Miracle Ear except the one in Fort Worth. I will make the four hour trip any time I need help with my hearing. That’s how GOOD she is. She is way better than a #10 or 5 stars. Mr. Jeff ** is doing a horrible job representing Miracle Ear and as we all know first impressions are lasting impressions!

Renata

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

The people at Miracle-Ear are very nice, wonderful to work with, and they do a great job. Lindsey here in the League City office was exceptionally good. She was extremely thorough in the beginning and showed me the prices of everything so I could get an idea and she told me what would and would not really work well for me. I also really like that I can go in every three months and they will clean and change out the tips of my hearing aids and I'm good to go again. When I had dryness in my ear, they recommended the ProEar and it's an awesome product. It's oil that keeps your ear from itching and drying.

The only thing is the hearing aids were pricey, so I stayed middle of the line. The biggest negative that I had was with their phone app. It doesn't work well on Android. Maybe other people might be more encouraged to try it if it worked. I upgraded my phone and even with that, the app doesn't work on it. I was really disappointed. Customer service was extremely helpful and they put an older app on my phone. I was able to at least make two adjustments quickly, especially when I'm in a restaurant or someplace that's really noisy.

Other than that, Miracle-Ear has helped and has mostly amplified my hearing. I'm enjoying the product relatively well. Check them out and give them a try. I've already referred someone there. She went and her big deterrent was the price. She went somewhere else and got hearing aids for half the price of what Miracle-Ear was asking for.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

My first pair died after 6 months. I had to go 2 weeks without any hearing aids until a working pair was returned. The bluetooth frequently dies and you have to go back and shut the hearing aid off and then repair. Miracle-Ear's technicians vary in their knowledge and the person I am now dealing with knows little or nothing. I would not recommend Miracle-Ear to anyone. If I could get my money back I would buy some other provider's hearing aid.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I’ve used Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids for over 4 years and upgraded recently to take advantage of Bluetooth with my iPhone. Unfortunately, the connection distance is just 2 or 3 feet when streaming music or podcasts. Since the hearing aids are premium priced (at least double other brands) I expected them to work. The audiologist tried several times to help and even sent them in for exchange, but nothing worked - the sound is choppy. Store staff is great and always professional. I’d give them 4 stars if the Bluetooth worked better. Can’t go 5 stars with their pricing. Too expensive compared to same products on the market.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Any time I have a problem with my hearing aid app, (usually due to phone updating) I contact my specialist, Tony, who always finds time in his schedule to see me within 24/48 hrs. He then not only finds and fixes the glitch, but does so in a friendly yet professional manner. I never realized how much I was missing out on with my grandchildren, before visiting Miracle-Ear 3 years ago and being tested and fitted with “my ears” as I jokingly call them. Thank you Tony and also Deb his receptionist for all that you do. Sincerely, Judy **. Altoona, PA

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Went to Miracle-Ear couple of months back to be tested after retiring in New Mexico. My hearing loss is significant, so… always count on them being the most expensive. I have had a couple of sets of Resound because of the tinnitus. The Miracle-Ear hearing aids are by far the best performing set I have ever had. When the right side of my last Resound set failed last week, the local Miracle-Ear facility was able to have me back in a few days, and gave me a set of loaners in the meantime. Very comfortable office setting and professional staff.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

It is one of the worst companies in the world for customer service and to work for. Holly and Cory are one of the worst big shots for a company.. The consultants just want to take advantage of elderly people and take your money... Every employee has a brown nose stuck up bosses... They are rude for appointments and sitting in lobby waiting.. They can't fit your hearing aids right and send you on your way so you complain later.

Miracle-Ear author review by Kathryn Parkman

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss. Financing is available through credit companies, and the Miracle-Ear Foundation provides special assistance for those with limited income and no insurance.

• Products: This company offers seven models of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, completely-in-canal and invisible-in-canal hearing aids. Custom designs with five color options are available in completely-in-canal, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles.

• Features: All hearing aids come with GENIUS 3.0 technology to improve audio quality. They are programmable with up to 48 channels, and most styles come with an app to control the settings. Optional features include rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth compatibility and tinnitus control.

• Trial and warranty: Hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and a three-year limited warranty.

• Locations: This company has over 1,400 franchised locations across the United States where consumers can get hearing tests, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repairs.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information