Call toll free
4.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1991 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I experienced hearing loss in a live setting where I was part of a presentation and taking questions from the audience. Fortunately, I knew what the questions were gonna be so, I had the answers ready because I couldn’t hear the questions coming from a lot of the audience members depending on how close or far they were from the stage. I didn’t know that I was having any loss until then and I decided that I had to get a hearing aid. There were tons of companies and brands and so, it was a coin toss. I got in with a cheap mail-order class where I bought one hearing aid because they were expensive for me at that time and I couldn’t afford a pair of them. That helped a lot but I realized that it wasn’t doing what I needed it to do, so I called Miracle-Ear.

Everybody was very diligent, caring and professional. It was an excellent experience and the customer service was personal which carries a great deal of weight for me. The person at Miracle-Ear pulled out a set, had me try it on and it sounded very good which was what made up my mind. I paid a lot of money for the hearing aid and I was fortunate enough to be able to afford it. However, Miracle-Ear came out with a new software for the same model or for the newer models of the same hearing aid but I could not access that. The software was not upgradeable and for it to be one, I would’ve to spend another 7,500 which is ridiculous and not fair to the consumers.

If I pay 700 bucks for an iPhone, there are periodic software updates and it’s the same thing with my iPad and Mac Air computer. There are always upgrades but they don’t ask you for any money. It’s just a little window that pops up and says, “Do you wanna do it now or do you wanna do it later?” That’s the way it should be for Miracle-Ear. There is no reason why they have advanced upgrades and they’re not available to previous users of very similar set of hearing aids. Nevertheless, since wearing them, I can hear sounds. Sometimes, it gets a little loud but other than that, it’s okay.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I got Miracle-Ear because of the advertisements and the price. Although by the time I got down with it, it ended up as much as some of the others I was looking at. The first that I got from another outfit was $7,000. Then I got one from $4,000 from Miracle-Ear but I upgraded to about $8,000 eventually anyways. Hearing aids are all horribly overpriced. When you can buy a pair for $500 but you pay $10,000 for the next, there's something wrong there. I wish I had the Bluetooth set too. But overall, my experience with Miracle-Ear has been very good. The representative, Peter, was great and that's why I keep coming back. My hearing is a little better now. It wasn't very bad but the hearing aids have definitely helped someone. This is mostly for my wife.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I wanted a hearing aid predominantly for meetings and for situations where there are numbers of people in the room. After listening to word-of-mouth, looking into reviews, talking to other people, I decided to go with Miracle-Ear. And the product that I got is exactly what I expected. I have medium hearing loss and I do not wear them all the time. But I do wear them when I'm going to be in meetings or in areas where there’s a lot of ambient noise, and it has worked out absolutely fine. It has been much simpler than I anticipated and it works very well. With the technology as it has been, the price point is very good also. More and more competition is also coming online. Technology is improving and their price point is going to have to come down. Aside from that, the representatives are excellent too. They’ve been very service-oriented and helpful. We’ve been more than satisfied with the company.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I tried three different hearing aids and Miracle-Ear is the third one I tried. At first, I wasn’t happy with it but I didn’t have the top-of-the-line model. They advised that if I wanted to hear, I was gonna have to pay for it. That was why I asked them what was the best they had and I wound up with the one that cost $7,500. After that, it was a learning experience for me to get used to using them. At this point, I’ve had it for about three years and I have been wearing them almost every day. It fits in there very easily. There’s one that has a red marking on it and the other one has a blue. I would know which ear to put it in and it’s very easy to slip in and out. And when they're in there, I forget. As a matter of fact, I've gone to bed numerous nights where I realize all of a sudden that I still have the hearing aids in. I would have to get up and take them out.

Today, I still use them when I listen to a television program at night. But with the Hallmark channel, they talk so low and so far. Not only that, but in exciting points, they bring the music out and that blocks out what I’m hearing. I was getting more satisfaction from the Miracle-Ear but right now, I’m in the market to find a new one that will work better than that. I haven’t seen any yet though. But my hearing is very unique. It was destroyed pretty much by being around a lot of noisy jet engines, which 99% of American people aren’t gonna be around. So that’s what really threw me off. What I have is probably as good as I can get right now.

I was in the air force military for many years and I was subjected to a lot of jet engine noises. That’s what started my hearing problem and it slowly evolved into where I couldn’t differentiate and hear when I was in a group of people with more than one person talking. When I became a senior officer in the military, I would have my people in for meetings. I would make sure that only one of them talked at once. Otherwise, I couldn't follow what they were saying. But in the military, I didn't fail anything with the audiometer test they gave. So I didn’t have a hearing aid for about 20 years until I got out of the military.

The first ones I tried only cost around $3,000, which is still a lot of money. But I hear a lot of hearing aids have been advertised for a whole lot less. On the other hand, I like the fact that the people at Miracle-Ear have bent over backwards to try to solve my problem. I’m most impressed with the people at the office in San Antonio. Any time I have any problems, they'd get right on it and try to adjust it so that I could hear.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I lost most of the hearing in my right ear. I had some hearing there but it wasn't normal. I bought the hearing aid that I can control with my iPhone from Miracle-Ear and the people there were very professional, friendly and accommodating. I've had a good experience with the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I had pretty bad hearing loss but the doctor I go to is great. He is in the Medina office of Miracle-Ear on Grand. He cleans the hearing aid, maintains it for me and adjusts it if needed. He's good. The quality of the product is good too but the price is like, "Wow." A little device like that costs so much money. That's ridiculous. I hope they lower the price. But my experience has been great.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My experience with my Miracle-Ear representative was also very positive. Alma here in Rialto, CA was very professional and pleasant and set up my hearing aids with great skill. I have met with her in appointments where she made necessary adjustments to accommodate my hearing needs and to answer any questions I had.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had trouble when I was at a meeting and when I was in a large room because I couldn't hear what was going on. Also, my husband doesn't hear and he didn't wanna do anything about it. First he tried one kind of hearing aid and when he chewed, it made a terrible noise so I didn't do anything. The Miracle-Ear branch was in Lower Michigan, where I live. I was very happy with the customer service. They were prompt and polite. If you have any problems, then you tell them what you are experiencing and they tell you what to do. There are different programs and when I first started out I didn't know and until you've used it for a while, you don't know what works best for you. They had us come back and that's very important. The hearing aid is simple and it is easy for me to do the batteries and put them in. It's easy for me to understand what actually was said.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My hearing is still doing well since I’ve got the Miracle-Ear hearing aids. I was having a hard time hearing anybody. I knew people were saying things and I can hear them, but I was mixing up the words. I had seen the Miracle-Ear advertisement on TV and I wanted to see. And at the time, they had had a special going. I bought the one that goes in your ear. I like it because it's hidden. The team who helped me explained everything to me and I still go for my check-ups. The hearing aids are really good and I like them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I'm one of those military veterans from the 60s who didn't have any hearing protection, so my hearing loss has been progressive and when I started, it was about 35%, but it’s probably more than that now. I am totally deaf in one ear due to surgical removal of the middle ear, but the good ear kept getting worse and it was about 30% when I saw Miracle-Ear. I chose Miracle-Ear because of their reputation and I've always gotten the behind-the-ear hearing aid style, but ultimately now, I have a cross over. I have a hearing aid in the deaf air, but what it does is gather the sound on that side of my head and transmit it to the other hearing aid, which then processes it and gives it to me in 360 degree of sound. It's amazing. We are always tweaking the hearing aid because it's mechanical. It's not my normal ears, so it’s not a body part, which would naturally adjust to the circumstance. There is always something going on, but overall, it is 100%.

Having the hearing aids makes my life a lot easier, especially living with my bride of 44 years to keep the television not so loud. I had many years without any hearing aid and I had to compensate for what was going on on the other side of me. I was standing in front of the class of 20 or 25 people and I had to remember to keep looking to my right because I can't hear anybody that said anything over there. I had to be careful about that, so I learned to listen very carefully. But adding the first hearing aid was amazing.

I discovered that I could actually hear functionally in my right ear, so I mentioned that in passing to the doctor and the doctor did a couple of tests. He said, "What you were getting, your nerve in that ear is perfectly alive. It's just the mechanics that don't work. So you just gotta pass the sound and you're able to hear it." He also said, "I can give you a hearing aid in that ear." They did, but it was low-tech, more than 30 years ago. But it gave me hearing on the bad side. Then, the good side started to get bad and the whole thing was analog, which is the primitive version, not digital. I made it work for all those years, but I went to Miracle-Ear and that's when I discovered the crossover system. I've kinda grown up over three or four decades with all different kinds of levels of hearing and hearing aids, but I'm happy now.

My interactions with the Miracle-Ear team have been phenomenal. The seller that takes care of me is professional and runs a great office, and he's top line. I have had some trouble with the Miracle-Ear instrument, but they have twice replaced it for me. There is no trouble with the company. They were very reactive to take care of business.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had a hearing impairment. I didn't wanna have hearing aids, and then I started noticing at work that when people were soft-spoken, I was having trouble hearing them. Also, I perform improvisational theater, and I was having a hard time hearing the audience and that triggered me to then seek out hearing aids. I was aware of Miracle-Ear and what got me was I could have myself assessed for free versus having to go to some of the other offices where I'd have to pay and then get reimbursed through insurance. I just wanted to make it quick and I knew that Miracle-Ear would be able to test me.

The people at Miracle-Ear are highly professional and kind. They break things down to educational level so you really understand what's happening to your hearing. They give very good follow-through and follow-ups. They really seem to care about their patient. However, while the technology is so great, they're so expensive and insurance covers so poorly or not at all. Otherwise, Miracle-Ear is everywhere. They've been great, too. I recently made a recommendation that my friends call Miracle-Ear. They're highly trained, they understand the issues people that have hearing issues have, and they do their best to get you what you need.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My hearing wasn’t good before I contacted Miracle-Ear but I can hear my wife talk now. The hearing aids were expensive but they're worth it. I’ve never had better service. They should just keep doing what they’re doing. My experience has been excellent.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Ashley and Delina are so knowledgeable, professional and fun. Ashley knows just what to recommend and she makes herself available in any given situation. Delina is extremely courteous both on the phone and in person. This office should be made the flagship of how it is to operate. The bar has been set and if Ashley was to ever move on I'd be hard pressed to return.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Miracle-Ear's cost was in line with other hearing aid manufacturers and Miracle-Ear has been around for a long time. That was one of the things that persuaded me to purchase from them. I also like the app where I can control my hearing aids by my phone. I like their warranty better as well. And when going back for cleaning and checking out, a lot of companies would charge you but Miracle-Ear doesn't do that. Their salespeople seem very knowledgeable as well. They really helped me with all aspects of getting a hearing aid. What I got is behind-the-ear and there is a lead that goes to the inner ear. And it's made a lot of difference. I'm not fearing my wife killing me now. I would recommend Miracle-Ear because I've had good experience with them so far.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

My 97 year old mother agreed for a Miracle-Ear salesman to come to her home as she is homebound. The first hearing aid DID not work properly for her and was not the right fit. They debited her credit card account $2950. She said she wanted to return them and wanted her money back. He refused and brought out another pair that also DID not work. Again she asked for her money back. Both were within the 30 day full money back refund time limit. He again refused and wanted to try another pair. The 3rd paid caused an allergic reaction and made her ears itch. She had to go to the dr to get medication for it to stop. She has a pair of Miracle-Ear hearing aids sitting in the box that she cannot use. They refuse to refund her money. They scammed an elderly woman. We will be taking further action.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I couldn't hear clearly and I tried an appointment with Miracle-Ear. I was very impressed with what I learned that day. The first person I talked to was Monty and I'm very impressed with his knowledge and how he talked about the product and what it could do. He talked about the many different kinds of hearing aids. I got a hearing aid with a part that sits on top of my ear and a part that sits inside. It's so comfortable that I usually forget that it's there.

I also see a young lady from Miracle-Ear who has just gotten her hearing specialist degree, and she's wonderful. I love the follow-up. I can go in any time. If I break a little piece, they fix it. I go in every couple of months, and they do a really good cleaning. We talk about how things are going. That's one of the most important things to me, and it's been fabulous.

The cost of the hearing aids was a shock and no insurance pays for it. But they last long, like three to five years. If you spread the cost out, it's not so bad. I used to have to ask my husband to turn the TV up a little bit. If I would be sitting in the backseat and he and my daughter were in the front seat and I couldn't always hear what they said. My husband is a person, though, who talks into his chest, talks to the hand in front of his face, mumbles a lot, so he's always been difficult to hear. But it's easier now for me to pick up on those conversations. It's also easier to listen to TV and get all the words.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My hearing kept getting worse. I knew of other people that had Miracle-Ear hearing aids that were pleased with them. I also went with them and worked with Amy at the Lehighton office. She was so patient and she did all the hearing tests and suggested which would be best. She was wonderful. My daughter and I both got hearing aids that day, and we both got the same model which was very expensive. But we're pleased, and it's worth it if you can hear better. Amy was always very accommodating and sweet when I needed service. My hearing has gotten a lot better since having Miracle-Ear. I go out with a bunch of other old ladies to lunch, and I used to have a hard time hearing them, but now I don't miss anything.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The whole thing is that people get dementia because they draw away from society because they can't hear. After getting my Miracle-Ear hearing aids, I was able to hear a lot clearer. I work as someone like a receptionist and now, I'm able to hear people talk if there's not too much noise. I went with Miracle-Ear since they were local. I assumed they had a good reputation and when I dealt with them, they were patient and understanding. They helped me through the process and were great. I've had these over-the-ear hearing aids for a couple years now and I like them. My only problem is they're so expensive. Even though Miracle-Ear has a plan where you can pay so much a month, it's very expensive for older people. In fact, I had started to order the new ones but they were too expensive so I didn't get them. On the other hand, these hearing aids work very well. The quality is equal to the cost.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Before, I had to raise the volume on a lot of different things and I was missing out on people speaking. I’m an instructor and I would miss parts of speech and I’d have to walk up on everybody, so it wasn’t really good. I first talked to my ear, nose, and throat doctor who suggested going through them, and just couldn't work things out with that situation. And then, I had a friend who was using Miracle-Ear for years and he talked about the multiple locations all over the place and how easy it was to walk in there if you needed parts and pieces, and cleaning, and everything else, and that drove me to purchase Miracle-Ear. I have the one that has the piece that goes in the ear and then the other piece goes behind the ear. It has a little fishing twine between the two. It was great.

Their reps have been really good and have always been very polite. Every time I walk in, if I need something, they take the hearing aids and clean them, do everything and replace whatever. I’ve used them in several different cities and got the same treatment each place. Miracle-Ear has definitely improved my life a whole lot, especially for work as well as with everybody else. I'm now able to hear some things that I was missing before and not having to ask over and over again. It’s a big expense but It depends on what you get with it. Quality-wise, it has been good. In fact, I’ve already referred some other people and I told them to try Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I had a significant hearing loss before I contacted Miracle-Ear. The employees that I've come in contact with have been wonderful. When I call them, they get to me as soon as they can. They know their product and how to help us get used to it. The hearing aid I got from them loops over the top of my ear then comes down and plugs in. That model would sit back out of the way and it worked with my classes. When I got them, I was still with the fire department and they worked with my breathing apparatus. Their cost is a little steep but I got what I paid for. My Miracle-Ear hearing aids allow me to hear a lot more things I wasn’t hearing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

We've known people who's got Miracle-Ear and they highly recommended them. The hearing aids fit in my ear and I'm very pleased with it. The quality is good. Also both of their staff in there have been really good. Georgia, the hearing technician, is very friendly, helpful and knows what she's doing. The hearing aids helped a lot. My wife and I get along really well. We hear each other, and it's good.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Several years ago my wife and I both needed help for our hearing, and we got it from Miracle-Ear, and we're happy with it. However, I'm not sure if it's them or me. I'm having difficulty getting the right adjustments. I've been there as often as once a quarter, trying to get it to be right. The advantages of Miracle-Ear is being able to go and get it fixed. My hearing is changing so the device has to be constantly adjusted.

However, it's 1000% mark-up is crazy. I'm happy that it's continued service, but I'm somewhat disappointed that it takes as much as service as it does. In my estimation as an engineer, you're talking about maybe on the outside 300 to 400 almost retail price of electronics and manufacturing costs are nil. And so, maybe it's $500 at the factory, and when you're selling a product that at the factory costs 500 bucks to 5,000 bucks, that's outrageous. So if I had any negative comments about the product, it's the price. If that's a business decision that they have made, I guess, they've gotten away with it for a long time. I've never bothered to find out whether Miracle-Ear is actually manufacturing a product or whether they're buying it from some Asian company at outrageous prices. But they need to find a new supplier.

Nevertheless, the hearing aids are nice. There are times over the course of a given month when I literally have to remove the hearing aids because I hear better without them. But there are also times when if I don't have the hearing aids on, I can't hear a damn thing. But then, the person that I have dealt with all these years is great. He tries to please, and he's a good guy. I'm very pleased with his service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I was hard of hearing and got the Miracle-Ear hearing aids that go in the ear canal. Every couple of months I visit Miracle-Ear to have the hearing aids calibrated and they have been very good about seeing me and checking everything. I was disappointed with them. I got them so I could hear my grandchildren but I never was able to hear my grandchildren well. Also, the hearing aids are overpriced and could be better. But overall, I'm satisfied with Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I’m happy with Miracle-Ear. I have the ones that go in my ear, go over the back of my ear, and then there are little wires that go in my earlobe. Nobody can tell I have hearing aids. They’re not visible. I go to Miracle-Ear every so often now and the reps have been very helpful and very nice. Also, I’m happy with my hearing aids even though they’re very expensive. Everybody tells me that I could’ve gotten them at a much cheaper rate at different places. $6,000 for two is a lot of money.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My hearing wasn't good. I had experienced things like not being able to hear ambulances or those kinds of things behind me. When I told my sister my situation, she had Miracle-Ear and so I took her recommendation. I got the one that goes behind the ear and it has a little antenna that sits down in the cavity of my ear. It fits comfortably so I chose that type of hearing aid.

I love the Miracle-Ear hearing aid. I’m able to put a phone up to my left ear and listen easily. But it is my right ear that has very little hearing. And without the people from Miracle-Ear making the adjustments and putting them in my ear, I eventually would have lost total hearing in my right ear. I got this young man who told me that I don't have to wait until I nearly have an accident before going to Miracle-Ear. Other than a chiding by him, it was a very pleasant experience. The interactions with the customer service reps were great.

Also, I got an excellent quality with my hearing aid. I’ve had it since 2016, and I’ve gone back for adjustments, and I won’t change it for anything because just the thought that I was driving around and didn’t have good hearing. It’s amazing how senior citizens like me just assume a lot of things. Before the hearing aid, I really had put other people on the road in jeopardy so I’m glad I got it and I’m very satisfied with it. Miracle-Ear does a very great job of keeping up with me. My birthday was two days ago and if I take in my flip, they will give me new batteries as a birthday gift. They keep in touch that way, and I just love it. They’re very supportive. I would definitely use them ‘cause they did an excellent job for me, and I’d slipped a few people there.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Things kept getting more muffled and muffled for me and I saw an ad in the paper for a free hearing test. I’ve heard a lot about Miracle-Ear and the ad stated that if I qualified, I could get hearing aids for $600. I went in to Miracle-Ear and the rep discovered that I have hearing loss but it is a little bit worse than what could qualify me. I got the model that goes behind the ears and the cost is good for the quality. These ones are expensive enough but there are some others that are a bit more expensive.

Their reps are fantastic too. I had a problem with the hearing aids not connecting and they got me in right away to find out what the problem was. So if I have any problem, they’re right there and they’ll do it in their office if they can do it there. Before I got the hearing aids, I'd have to ask people to keep repeating themselves and they weren’t too happy. My daughter has a soft voice and I couldn’t hear her but after I got the hearing aids, she hasn’t complained about it. Also, I can hear my grandson now. I’m very satisfied with my Miracle-Ear. It’s a good idea to get one because you’re missing out on a lot of stuff that you can’t hear. Go for it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My level of hearing loss was bad and embarrassing. I sit with a group of people and gotta keep asking them what are they saying. I can’t hear what’s going on and can’t participate in conversations at all. With the last hearing aid company I had, their unit was pitiful. Something is always wrong with it and they charge a lot of money to fix it. With Miracle-Ear, if something goes wrong with it, usually it just needed some cleaning with those little cotton swabs, to clean the air ducts out. They don’t charge anything for it and they come with the purchase of the product.

Their customer service is great and it’s a friendly crowd. Everybody I’ve dealt with there has been nice, warm, and helpful. They got the spirit of wanting to help you, rather than the spirit of wanting to take my money and rush out the door. But the lady that waits on me all the time at Miracle-Ear really stood out. When I first walk in the door, there’s a lady receptionist at the desk, then there’s a second lady that works with the product itself and she’s nice and helpful. Having Miracle-Ear hearing aid has restored a lot of my better qualities. I can participate in the doings at the party particularly in my sons, grandsons, and two granddaughters at their birthday parties. I do not just sit there and be a wallflower. I’d be happy to recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I had some hearing loss for years, and then I had an accident that I lost a lot more of it. I finally decided to see about getting something done about it. This was a worker’s comp thing and my insurance company agreed to help me and pay for hearing aids if they approved of what I chose. So, I went to Miracle-Ear because they’re local. The insurance company approved of it and I’m glad they did. I got a style that goes behind my ear. After my examination and everything, it was what Miracle-Ear recommended.

When I remember to wear them, the hearing aids work good. There were times when I didn’t have them set for exactly what I need them for. Sometimes, I have trouble hearing when answering the phone. I know there are five different settings, and I don’t remember which ones work best for telephone. Setting One comes on as soon as you turn them on and I hear fine.

Mark was the technician and he explained everything very well. He did thorough tests, and he had my family, my wife and my granddaughter in there speaking without any help, and then speaking with the help. He went through a lot of different types of tests for me to make sure it was gonna work the way I wanted. It was smooth, he was very helpful, never rushed me and answered my questions all the time. If all the technicians were like Mark, I will recommend people to go to Miracle-Ear before even trying anything else. I’m amazed at how much time he spent with me and never lost his patience.

I’ve had the hearing aids close to two years now, and I haven’t had any issues with them at all, so the quality is good. One time, I got one of them clogged up and I didn’t realize it. After I got it cleaned, they worked fine. I have a habit of getting up and going about my business and I forget to wear them sometimes. I work in a dangerous area, so I don’t wear them to work but around the house and at church and places where I need to hear things, it has been a real help. There were so many times people tell me something and what they said was not at all what I heard but that’s not the case anymore. I hear pretty well. I would recommend that people at least go check Miracle-Ear out.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have severe hearing loss. In one ear, it's very bad, about 85%. In the other ear, I have 40%. Previously, I had an experience with a hearing aid company and I wasn't happy with them. Thereafter, I contacted Miracle-Ear as they were fairly close to where I live. I purchased a behind-the-ear hearing aid from them. With it, a wire goes into my ear with a custom-fit earpiece on one side for my ear with severe hearing loss and a generic fitter on the other side. Both pieces are digital and they're pretty good.

At Miracle-Ear, their reps were always positive. There was an older gentleman there named Gary who was very friendly and personable. He explained everything very well to me. However, the next time I went back there, Gary had died and since then, I've worked with a younger woman who took over his position. She has been very pleasant and professional.

I also liked that Miracle-Ear's reps haven't tried to oversell me too much. However, I find that their hearing aids should be half the cost. A lot of old people have some kind of hearing loss and hearing aids are not covered by any insurance. I've had mine for three years and they have needed constant tweaking to make them work okay. Nevertheless, with my hearing aids from Miracle-Ear, I can hear things better. I still have problems with clarity but then things are louder. I can hear things but I'm still not sure what people are actually saying. If it wasn't for closed captioning on TV, I would watch any television because I can't understand anything that people are saying.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My hearing was poor and I went to Miracle-Ear because it’s right down the street from my house. The reps were quick with anything I asked and they were great. Also, the hearing aid is very good. I can hear now especially I go to church and that was the main thing. A lot of people who have hearing aids say, “I never have this before.” Even in a crowd or in a restaurant, I’ve never had that before and I considered myself lucky.

Miracle-Ear expert review by Shelley Webb

Headquartered in Minnesota, Miracle-Ear is one of the oldest and most trusted hearing aid companies in the United States. Miracle-Ear has been a well-known name in the hearing aid industry since its founding over 65 years ago. It operates both corporately-owned and franchised locations that offer hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more.

• Convenient locations: There are over 1,300 Miracle-Ear locations in the United States, so the odds are good that you can find one in a convenient location. You can use Miracle-Ear’s website to find one near you by entering your zip code or city and state.

• Product selection: Miracle-Ear offers several types of hearing aids to fit your needs, including in-the-canal, behind-the-ear and custom-fit aids. You can work with a Miracle-Ear professional to choose the best product for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you.

• Mobile apps: Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.

• Customer service: Miracle-Ear offers comprehensive customer care packages, which include a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year warranty on most of its products. You can expect the same level of service at any of Miracle-Ear’s convenient locations.

• Lifetime service: You will receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes testing to ensure proper functioning, cleaning, fit assessments, ear inspections, battery replacement and more. You will also receive a free annual hearing assessment, checkup and adjustment to ensure that your device is working at its best.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information