2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.7/5 (354 ratings)

About Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 70 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,500 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Pros

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

Cons

• Pricing could be more transparent

Bottom Line

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Verified

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a ...

Verified

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus,...

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,500 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear hearing aids

There are multiple standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with the latest in hearing technology. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

Miracle-EarMINI hearing aids
Miracle-EarMINI small hearing aid solutions are virtually unnoticeable while offering some of the company's most advanced features.
  • Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC: The discreet Miracle-EarMINI Mirage IIC delivers natural sound with discretion. These custom hearing aids are equipped with binaural wireless and offer crystal-clear sound and speech understanding—even in very noisy environments.
  • MEMINI ReadyFit: This hearing aid provides a convenient, on-the-spot hearing solution.
  • MEMINI CIC: This discreet hearing aid is designed to help you enjoy conversations in any situation.
  • MEMINI Audiotone Pro CIC: Designed to be discreet, this hearing aid is also an affordable hearing solution.
  • MEMINI RIC 10: While this hearing aid is discreet and comfortable, it also allows you to take advantage of some of Miracle-Ear's most advanced features.
Miracle-EarCONNECT hearing aids
Miracle-EarCONNECT Bluetooth hearing aids give you access to advanced features that help you make the most out of your relationships, stay productive at work and have fun during your downtime.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT RIC 312:Equipped with personalized hearing and natural sound quality, MECONNECT RIC 312 offers an extremely discreet design. Despite its sleek form, MECONNECT RIC 312 provides fully featured Bluetooth connectivity for maximum enjoyment of music, calls and TV. The newly designed rocker switch and optional telecoil make this a great solution for those who value discretion in a high-performing device.
  • MECONNECT RIC 312 T: This direct-streaming RIC with telecoil lets you to clearly hear the world around you.
  • MECONNECT RIC 13: Enjoy direct connectivity for phone calls, audio streaming and advanced remote-control options. Voice Recognition Technology keeps your own voice and surrounding environment in balance, providing a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13: Miracle-EarCONNECT BTE S 13 hearing aids offer versatility to meet your individual hearing needs. This hearing device harmonizes your voice and surrounding sounds to provide a natural sound quality and excellent speech understanding in noise.
  • MECONNECT BTE P 13: This hearing aid offers natural sound quality and speech understanding in noise. It's also compatible with the Miracle-Ear app.
Miracle-EarENERGY hearing aids
With advanced lithium-ion technology, Miracle-Ear's fully rechargeable hearing aids let you live an active life with simple and reliable charging. Miracle-EarENERGY hearing solutions are hassle-free, long-lasting and flexible.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY iRIC R: This innovative hearing aid offers sleek, modern design with streaming and portable charging. MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid
  • MEENERGY RIC R: This hearing aid combines lithium-ion rechargeability, integrated acoustic and motion sensors and fully featured Bluetooth connectivity to stream music, calls and TV in high-quality sound. Its 20% extra battery capacity provides flexibility and convenience in a small design.
  • Miracle-EarENERGY BTE R: Miracle-Ear's first fully rechargeable BTE delivers the most advanced performance of any BTE. The lithium-ion BTE provides natural sound quality for the wearer’s own voice and surrounding sounds, and it conveniently charges with the new portable charger.
Miracle-EarEASY hearing aids
The company's Miracle-EarEASY hearing solutions are designed to help those on a budget receive the hearing solution they need. The devices come with basic features to everyday needs.
  • Miracle-EarEASY RIC 312: These affordable hearing aids come with essential features to meet basic lifestyle needs. It offers great sound quality in a discreet design.
  • Miracle-EarEASY BTE S 312: This BTE hearing aid offers a comfortable and affordable hearing solution. This powerful hearing solution offers essential features for all levels of loss, even severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SA 13: This hearing aid offers maximum comfort and great sound quality.
  • MEEASY BTE P 13: This BTE is extremely powerful is a great solution for those with severe hearing loss.
  • MEEASY BTE SP 675: This BTE hearing aid offers comfort and essential features.
  • MEEASY Audiotone Pro BTE 312: The Audiotone Pro BTE S 312 is an affordable hearing aid that offers everyday features for your lifestyle.

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the cost of each hearing aid, but the company states you should expect to pay between $1,000 and $4,000 — while this number seems high, the daily cost of two hearing aids is $1 to $7 per day, based on a 3- to 5-year lifespan.

Hearing aids are an investment in your overall health. There are many factors that determine hearing aid cost, including hearing aid choice, fitting, lifetime aftercare and technology level. Investing in high-quality hearing aids means your solution will be completely customized to you, both in the fit of the device itself as well as the programming of the software to meet your unique needs. Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations.

Miracle-Ear Foundation

The Miracle-Ear Foundation’s Gift of Sound hearing aid program helps children and adults with hearing loss gain access to hearing aids. The program is designed for people who demonstrate a personal inability to financially provide for their hearing health needs. Since 1990, the Miracle-Ear Foundation® has donated over 21,000 hearing aids to more than 11,700 individuals nationwide.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?
Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.
Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?
Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.
How much does Miracle-Ear cost?
Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.
What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
  • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
  • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
  • In-the-canal (ITE)
  • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?
Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: April 3, 2021

I got a postcard in the mail offering a free hearing test for me and a friend. That test was very satisfactory for me because I had been experiencing some hearing loss. I was told “You’ve lost 40% of your hearing in your left ear. When are you going to get hearing aids? If you keep delaying this, it's going to get worse at a faster rate because the little hairs in your ears won’t be stimulated.” My medical doctor had never given me advice that I felt was as good as what I got from Miracle-Ear.

My great aunt had these big obvious fleshy plastic hearing aids on her ears. Those would make me look very old and vulnerable. But with Miracle-Ear, they were much better than I expected them to be. I got some of the higher-end hearing aids that lots of people don't even notice or they think I'm using Bluetooth. One thing, however, is if I wear them all day, they get slightly uncomfortable and a little bit itchy. But at the same time, there are lots of times when I get ready to go to bed and I forget I've got them in.

Miracle-Ear is more expensive. I have the ability to pay for them but many people may not have that capacity. I got the Bluetooth hearing aids so that I get TV and my phone calls through my hearing aids which is absolutely amazing. But as far as the aids hearing beautifully, we can't control that. The next best thing is getting good-quality hearing aids that work. I went with the top of the line. I like the fact that I have it for monthly cleaning and checkup and I have the annual hearing tests built in. I like my representatives very much too. I had contact with two. I was first in Kingston, New York then I was in Clifton Park, New York. Both of them have been really lovely people.

A while ago, Miracle-Ear changed the ear wires that sit over your ear and they're not as comfortable as the ones I had before. In fact, my representative had to get me different ones. They weren't going in and sitting comfortably inside my ears and over my ears. They got thinner ones, which they thought was better for people with glasses. But I don't find them nearly as satisfactory as the ones they had one to two years ago.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I was watching TV and saw publicity about Miracle-Ear. They said that the visit is free, that I don't have to get any hearing aid, and that they're going to clean if I have ear wax. I called and set an appointment. I went and that day, the doctor told me the cleaning thing has not been done at that time. He could tell that with the way I was talking, I needed aids. I said I didn't have any problem hearing. He said that I talked louder than normal. Every time someone talks like that, it means he talks loudly according to what he hears.

He set the examination with me and told me that I got a 75, 78% hearing, which was good. But I need to take care of it because if I don't, it's going to decrease gradually. He told me they have hearing aids that I could purchase. I said I was not ready at that time because my insurance would not cover the cost of it. He told me that he got a payment plan program so he put me into that. I struggled to pay, but I'm finished with it. I'm glad that I don't have to monthly payment anymore.

I got the one where I put on the battery all the time and that helped me. When I realized I used the battery too often, I called and they told me to come in for an evaluation. One time, the lady had to send my hearing aid to the company because she said according to the way I was using the battery, something was wrong. They fixed it for me. The other day, I also had a problem with my battery because it was not every six to seven days that I was replacing it, it was every three or four days. I called and went and they also fixed it for me.

Now with the glasses, the hearing aid, and the mask, I have to keep putting it back, and I don't want it to get contaminated. So, sometimes I don't put it when I go to places that I know I have to wear a mask because I’m afraid to lose it. But whenever I got home, I put it back on. Overall, Miracle-Ear performs nicely. The lady took care of me and told me if anything was wrong, to call, and I've been doing that. I hear better with it and it suits me. I referred it to friends.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

We saw an advertisement that Miracle-Ear was running. My wife and my daughters all said that they would excommunicate me if I did not get my ears checked out and get some hearing aids. My dad never got any hearing aids. He served on a battleship during World War II on a gun turret where the big bombs were being sent out. He lost a lot of his hearing at that point. There was total frustration to have to say something to my dad, and he would just look at you and just grin and shake his head but he could not hear us. Finally, my wife and my kids said, “Do you want to be just like he was?” So I went. What Miracle-Ear had advertised was not what I needed but the person who did my testing and everything was so thorough and so good.

Rodney has been great. I'm so glad that I went with it. I told him a couple times about a couple of problems that I was having with them. He said, “Well, let's try this. Let's try this." I'm a preacher and a lot of times, when I preach, I sweat quite heavy, and one of the hearing aids was going out. The battery was getting wet and it just quit working until I could take it out, dry it off, put it back in, and it will work again. But he's tried different filters. He’s tried different things to try to keep it from getting moisture in it. He has bent over backwards to be accommodating to me and to my needs.

My wife has a very soft voice and there are still times that we’ll be in the car riding and she'll say something and if she's not turned towards me, I still don't hear her really good. But when we're sitting around the house and we're talking, I'm hearing her, whereas before, I would have to keep saying, “What did you say? What was that again?” I'm not doing that near as much as what I used to. Even some coworkers said, “You're more in tune with what we're saying now than what you had been before.” Some of them didn't even know I had got the hearing aids, so it's been good in that way. I don't feel left out. I don't feel like I've been shut out on what's going on. I've recommended Miracle-Ear to several other people. I am sold on the company and sold on the product. Rodney is the person that I see all the time and if all the rest of their employees are like he is, Miracle-Ear is doing great business.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I'm not really happy with my Miracle-Ear hearing aids, especially in the age of masks behind the ears and glasses. I should have gotten the ones that just poke inside the ear and don't put anything behind the ear. I do wish now that I had gone somewhere else. I moved back to the Midwest to be with my mom and dad to help them. They both passed on now. Dad had Beltone and mom had Miracle-Ear. I live closer to where Miracle-Ear was located, and so, that was the main reason I went with Miracle-Ear. I didn't realize there were other options in the town where they are until after I had purchased.

The young gal before the one who's in that office now was totally oblivious. She replaced Nicole. Nicole was fantastic and I wish Nicole is still there because she was so good. She had answers for everything and she took care of anything you needed or wanted. This young girl that came in to take her place didn't do anything more than put on the new little cap things and clean them. She had no answers for any of my questions. I was not happy with her at all.

As far as the hearing aids, these new ones that are hooked through the Bluetooth into my phone and all that kind of stuff are great when they're working but when there's some bug with them and they're not working, they're frustrating. I'm 75 and I have a difficult time dealing with things that don't work the way they're supposed to work. I'm sure that with a lot of us older people, it's annoying and we need to be more flexible.

Having had my Miracle-Ear now during this whole last year, I would definitely say don't get the ones that go behind your ear. Get the ones that fit in the canal because I may be wearing these masks for the rest of my life. If you wear glasses also, it's still a problem although not as much, until you put the mask behind your ear as well, then you take the mask off, and the hearing aid things come off. I've dropped one in the street before because of them. So, if you have extra money, get that one instead of the one behind the ear. Also, find someplace that has a really good technician like Nicole that knows all the answers and takes the time to answer your questions, and ask questions. Don't go home and then grumble at your wife or husband, ask the question.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I have profound hearing loss and I did not know this because my hearing loss started when I was a young child. By the time I came for the hearing test, I did not hear out of the left ear at all and very minimal out of the right ear. When they put the hearing aids in, it opened up the whole world for me. Because I had not heard well for so many years, it was like I had to learn the sound of words and certain sounds all over again. I tell myself, “That’s the fountain by the front door running.” It was a good experience for me because I needed it so badly. I have the one that goes behind the ear and it's very good. These are my first hearing aids and I'm just happy to hear. I encouraged a lot of friends I knew that had hearing problems afterwards to get their hearing tests and find out how bad their hearing really is.

As we get older, our hearing gradually gets worse. I didn't realize that my hearing was that bad. The reps were all wonderful to me as well. Any questions I had when I called back, there was always an answer. I can always come in right now if I have a problem. I have not bumped into anyone yet up there at the office that did not treat me in a very kind and concerned way. In fact, the person that gave me the hearing test did not work at that store. He was a vice president somewhere in charge in this area. Because someone just quit, he was there because they needed someone that day. I happened to get him for the hearing test and it was the best. It was the first hearing test I ever had, but I brought my sister along. She had been with her husband and it was considered a free test.

My sister said, “Oh my gosh, I never saw such a good free test.” They spent so much time with me and I was happy with the whole experience. I thought, "Well, nobody's gonna loan an old woman this age that much money, that lives on a fixed income." Miracle-Ear also helped me with the financing. Right now, I have nothing bad to say for Miracle-Ear. Their company is on the top of what's going on with hearing right now and the best electronical things. The technology gets smaller and smaller all the time. I wear my hair very short and when I go to my doctor's office, the nurse always goes to put the temperature thing in my ear. I go, “Just a minute, I have hearing aids.” She goes, “No, you don't. I can't see any.” She's done it twice now, forgetting I have hearing aids.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Miracle-Ear provided excellent customer service. They are very helpful and friendly. I got what I wanted. I like the ability of the hearing aid to connect with the around-the-neck receiver and the opportunity to get different settings depending on the crowd I’m in. The follow-up has been great and they fine-tune anything that I need to have done.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Miracle-Ear has a very good service. A rep in the Hadley, Massachusetts office is unbelievable. He’s very helpful and he’s very polite. Also, the hearing aid is perfect. When I put it over my ear, my hearing is much better. I tell friends the best is Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I’m very satisfied with Miracle-Ear. The hearing aids are good. I like them. I had problems one time, they sent it back and they got me another one. ​They’re very professional. Anything I need, I just call them up and they take care of me right away. They go out of their way to help just to make sure you’re satisfied and you have what you need. Sarah is the office manager. If I have problems with it, she stops by my house to make sure it’s set up with TV because I couldn't do it. She went out of her way when she didn’t have to. The guy that works there, Mark, is the same way. He's also very friendly and outgoing.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My experience with Miracle-Ear has been great, so far. I've had one of them go wacky on me and I had to send them in. I got another pair back within a couple of weeks. I've had them for a year and a half now. I like the fact that they link up to an Android app to control them. You can change the profile, of how your hearing for noisy environments, reverberating rooms. These are also rechargeable, which was another plus. I don't have to worry about batteries and trying to keep them. Wearable all day. They will last about 15 hours to recharge them and they're good to go for the next day. They also seem to be fairly comfortable. Didn't take a lot for me to get used to them. I thought it would, but it didn't.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I’m well satisfied with my Miracle-Ear. I had a little trouble at times with hearing if I don't turn it up though. On the telephone, I was having problems too if they didn't speak right into the speaker. But now, they put a new program in there and I just turn the program on and I do well. But I'm sure satisfied with the people over there at the hearing aid place. They have been very courteous, kind, and attentive. They also follow up real well. They help and they always tell me to call them over there at their local office if I have any problem.

Miracle-Ear author review by Shelley Webb

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss. Financing is available through credit companies, and the Miracle-Ear Foundation provides special assistance for those with limited income and no insurance.

• Products: This company offers seven models of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, completely-in-canal and invisible-in-canal hearing aids. Custom designs with five color options are available in completely-in-canal, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles.

• Features: All hearing aids come with GENIUS 3.0 technology to improve audio quality. They are programmable with up to 48 channels, and most styles come with an app to control the settings. Optional features include rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth compatibility and tinnitus control.

• Trial and warranty: Hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and a three-year limited warranty.

• Locations: This company has over 1,400 franchised locations across the United States where consumers can get hearing tests, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repairs.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information