2. Elder Care

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.46/5

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)

BOTTOM LINE

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

PROS

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

CONS

• Pricing could be more transparent

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a hearing loss. Don't put it off.

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus, their overall functionality, performance, and quality are good.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Learn More

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,200 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear models

There are seven standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with GENIUS 3.0 technology — Miracle-Ear’s proprietary technology for improved sound quality. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

• Rechargeable BTE: This behind-the-ear model’s built-in lithium-ion battery is rechargeable. The hearing aid is compatible with the MEcontrol app. You can stream binaural audio from a smartphone to the hearing aid.
  • Rechargeable RIC: This receiver-in-canal model has built-in power, so you never have to mess with a battery. You simply drop the hearing aid into the charger and it takes care of the rest. Charges last for 24 hours. This model is compatible with the GENIUScontrol and GENIUSlink apps.
  • BTE: This model rests behind the ear. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app. It can connect to Bluetooth and stream audio.
  • RIC: This discreet model comes with Bluetooth connectivity. It has two case design choices and two battery size choices. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app.
  • miniRIC: Miracle-Ear’s smallest receiver-in-canal hearing aid model is also their most discreet. You can control the settings with a remote or via the GENIUScontrol app.
  • Ready Fit CIC: This hearing aid fits completely and discreetly in the canal and connects to the GENIUScontrol app. There are four sleeve size options. It comes with SingleMic directionality.
  • Mirage IIC: This is Miracle-Ear’s smallest hearing aid. It uses wireless ear-to-ear communication and is compatible with GENIUScontrol.
  • Custom Miracle-Ear hearing aid: Custom-designed hearing aids are available in CIC, ITC and ITE models. There are five colors to choose from.
ModelHearing aid typeHearing loss levelBattery type
Rechargeable BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
Rechargeable RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profound13, 312
BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to severe13
miniRICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to severe10
Custom hearing aidCompletely-in-the-canal(CIC), In-the-canal (ITC) or in-the-ear (ITE)Mild to severe10, 13, 312
ReadyFit CICCompletely-in-the-canal (CIC)Mild to moderate10
Mirage IICInvisible-in-the-canal (IIC)Mild to moderate10

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the cost of each hearing aid, but the company states you should expect to pay between $1,000 and $4,000. Behind-the-ear models and in-the-canal models can be on the pricier end of this range; however, even the most expensive models tend to cost no more than a few dollars a day over the lifetime of the hearing aid.

Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations. The Miracle-Ear Foundation, for example, offers affordable payment options to low-income Americans. They have also donated more than 10,000 hearing aids to those in need.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: May 14, 2020

My hearing was down to the point where working with my customer sometimes, I did not always totally understand what they were saying and had to interpolate by what I thought they might be saying to get directions through or wait until a complete conversation was going on. And then, “Oh, that’s what we’re talking about,” and then figure it out. So, I have better hearing at this point, but every once in a while, I still have to try to separate the background noise from what the conversation is. I can tell at different times, like just not being able to hear a complete conversation or listening on something, getting my age, and I can understand it better.

A number of years ago, I went with Southwest Hearing. And at the time, they said, “Your hearing is not that far gone.” But the aids I got were not picking up the additional losses I was hearing to the point that I lost the hearing aids and didn't realize I lost them until later on. I have done the same thing with the Miracle-Ear. I’ve paid for an additional hearing aid because I lost the left twice, because it came out of my ear. And I do moving around with pianos and stuff, and so I’d have my head up against them, and the little bulb on the end that you use to pull it out of your ear would catch on something. And I wouldn’t realize it right away because I was right up close to people and didn't realize it. And second time, I got another $1,000 into hearing aids that I was not happy with.

If one or both of my ears are not picking up everything, I have a harder time understanding a conversation. If the aids are not paired, then I only hear out of one or the other, and it makes it harder to understand. Also, the hearing-aids are designed so that they block out identical noise backgrounds. But sometimes they're not talking to one another and that would give a lot of extra white noise, but I haven't had that happen recently. Quality is good, and I don’t know that it could be any better. The one thing I miss is that I was using a Bluetooth with my cell phone prior to getting the hearing aids, and I could answer my phone by either saying, “Answer” or “Don’t.” But now I can’t do that. I have to actually hit my phone to answer it and then have it handy to talk, but with Bluetooth, I can hear it in my ears.

When I was talking to my counselor about things they were thinking about doing, and one of them was a software that was not designed by Miracle-Ear, and I tried using that at one time and I was not successful. It was just giving me more pain. And so, the counselor recommended just staying with the Miracle-Ear software. And with that, it has been regularly satisfactory. As I’m getting more acclimated to the hearing aids, it’s working better.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I had a hearing loss and I had an audiogram a couple years ago. Then, my hearing loss had gotten quite a bit worse. I could also tell I was losing some hearing and stuff in high ranges. I live in a community where there's a lot of older people and a lot of them have hearing aids. I chatted them up and tried to pick out a couple that were reliable. And Miracle-Ear was one of them. So, I made an appointment, had the audiogram, and the guy did an examination. He was very professional.

But the price kinda got to me. I knew they're expensive, but for the pair that I ended up getting cost $4,500 which is more or less average for a decent hearing aid. And I had no experience with hearing aids before, except I got that first audiogram a couple years ago. The examiner at the time didn't push it, but she mentioned the fact that I should have a hearing aid back then. And the type she recommended would be $5,200 for the pair. So, the price that Miracle-Ear's rep gave me was outrageous, but not out of the ballpark.

My wife and I talked about it before purchasing. We’re not wealthy, but we’re not poor. And I was missing a lot of stuff and watching TV was tough. So, we decided to go ahead and get the hearing aids. It took three weeks to get them in and the first time, I noticed that there was an improvement in my hearing. Even the way my own voice sounded was very different to me, but it’s not all roses.

Other than that, when I came in and picked up the hearing aids, the rep had it tuned up a little bit for whatever reason because they needed a little bit of adjustment. And I was impressed with the technology there. It was computerized and he could tell exactly where my weak or strong areas were. The guy had a really good knowledge of what he was doing. Then, he gave me some instructions on how to put them on. I’m 76 and not as bright as I used to be. And I had a little bit of trouble getting them on for the first week or so. But after that, it became just a matter of routine. Also, I wear eyeglasses and it’s extremely hard to keep the hearing aids back behind my ears. They keep popping out if I move the glasses around a little bit, so I find that to be annoying. I take them off if I don’t really need to use them but I'd end up wearing them five to eight hours a day altogether.

One time, I’ve had to call up the secretary there at the local office because one of the hearing aids went dead a week after I got them. She helped me out and it was just a matter of cleaning it, so that was easy to fix. Besides that, the audiologist is only at the Miracle-Ear office in Aiken, where I live, two days a week because he has another office in Augusta, Georgia. He goes back and forth. So, if I have a problem any particular day, I may not be able to get hold of him until three days later. But it’s not a big deal because it’s not life and death.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Everyone was noticing that my wife was having trouble. When she finally admitted that she needed hearing aid, I went with her to Miracle-Ear and she was the first to get one. She always would have the TV loud and when she got her hearing aid, I couldn't hear the TV anymore. I also got my hearing tested and I was losing some of my hearing ability too. I never was bothered by that and other people that were around me never thought I had that much of a hearing loss. But when I got tested, I was having a bit of hearing loss in one ear. I read a lot of information that having good hearing can help postpone Alzheimer's and senility when you get older. So, I said I'll take the chance. Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids seems like a cheap insurance to get something like that, so I got the hearing aids too.

My wife and I are both in our 70s and we've been fortunate financially to be able to buy a lot of things because of our income level. Usually companies who have been around a long time have a good reputation and people are usually satisfied with them. So, Miracle-Ear may not be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. I have a relative that paid considerably less for their hearing aids from another vendor than we did, but they don't have the quality and they're not as good. Miracle-Ear has a lot better quality sound to them and it adjusts all the time when you go in and out of different environments. The customer service has been good too. We live in a rural area, so most of the time, people are friendly. If you're not friendly in a rural area, you're not gonna be in business too long. So far, I'm happy with Miracle-Ear. When there's an issue, they take care of it right away.

As people get older, people don't realize that one person might have a hearing loss, but the other person might be getting some too. And it's a good idea for both of them to be tested when they get to at a certain age. It should even be a requirement when you get to be at a certain age. Everybody should have a hearing test because I would've never known it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I had been to every doctor that I know of because I couldn’t hear well. They all said it was the water in my ears from my asthma and allergies, and there was nothing they could do. Then one day, I finally got fed up with having to have everybody repeat everything to me. I walked in to the Miracle-Ear down the street from us and had a hearing test. The experience was incredible in every way, even how they told me what my hearing loss was and why. I have hearing loss in both ears, more in one ear than the other. The loss in one ear is because my Eustachian tube never grew. It’s like at 50% its normal size, which no doctor ever noticed. The other ear was just normal hearing loss. It has been a love affair since then.

The first hearing aid I got was just a basic one with batteries. Then the one I’m using now got rechargeable batteries, but I can put regular ones in them if I need to. They go behind my ear and inside. The side with the really bad hearing loss has a smaller little round thing on the end that’s smaller than the other side because the bigger one won’t stay in there.

When we were in Sedona, Arizona, I lost one of the end pieces. At first, we were sure it was in my ear, but we couldn’t find it anywhere. There’s a Miracle-Ear in Cottonwood, not too far from where we were staying, so I made an appointment that morning and they went in, and the woman didn’t just replace the earpiece, she checked my ears and the tubes extensively to make sure it wasn’t in there floating around somewhere. Then she sent an email to Christina at our store telling her that we had been in there, that everything was fine, and she replaced it.

With Miracle-Ear, I can hear. My family’s very happy and I’m not asking everybody to repeat everything. The cost is high, but it’s keeping me hearing. People that go to other places pay less but don’t get the service or the quality. So, to me, Miracle-Ear is worth it. My first pair of hearing aids was eight years old, and then I moved up to the digital, and the phone app really makes a difference as well. It has always been an amazing service. I’ll keep going as long as they’re around.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Before I went to Miracle-Ear, I was not taking care of my ears. I went to a hearing specialist in Florida when I started having hearing problems. This was probably about five years before we moved back to Florida. She told me about one hearing aid but I didn't think I could afford the cost. I asked if I could just have one piece of the hearing aids and she told me I could have whatever I wanted. She sold me a hearing aid and I had nothing but trouble. Nothing worked out well. I brought my hearing aid back and I got my money back, but it was definitely a very bad experience.

My daughter took me to Miracle-Ear because she wanted me to get my hearing taken care of. Melissa is their board-certified hearing instrument specialist. I told her about my earlier experience because asked me if I had seen anybody before. She said that it was illegal to sell just one hearing aid. The hearing aids work in conjunction with each other. If I wanted to have a good experience, I needed to have a hearing aid in each ear.

I’ve had a very good experience with Miracle-Ear. I’ve been seeing Melissa going on two years now. I find her to be extremely efficient and she is on top of everything that is going on. If I have a question or concern, she addresses them all. She gives me hints to what makes it a better situation for me.

I was turning up my hearing aids and was having a problem. If my husband was watching TV and it wasn’t loud enough, I would turn my hearing aids up so that I could hear what was being said. But I’d have trouble later if I tone my hearing aids down again. I was messing with them. Melissa said I was confusing the hearing aids with my instructions. I was confusing myself too when I couldn't hear and thought I should be able to hear something. She told me a better way to deal with that because when you take off your hearing aids, they go back to their normal setting.

One of my daughters goes with me when I go see Melissa. She doesn't have a hearing problem but she’s very on top of the hearing issues because of me. She really thinks that Melissa is the person to go to and stay with because I’ve been complaining about the hearing aids and was thinking I should go somewhere else. She told me we should go back to Melissa and I’m glad we did. I'm very satisfied. She covers all issues and I’m well-supplied with batteries. She always checks the hearing aids when I come in to make sure there are no problems.

Original review: May 30, 2020

My wife and I went into Miracle-Ear and she had a hearing test around the 1st of march. We've always been pleased with our interactions with them. I've been very pleased with my Miracle-Ear hearing aids' quality. I would never go somewhere other than Miracle-Ear.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I had selective hearing, and couldn’t hear my wife’s voice because of her pitch. But now it’s better. I’m doing very well with my Miracle-Ear hearing aid. It’s pretty easy to work with. Tom over at Bullhead City has a lot to do with it, too. I got the around the ear model, with the built-in battery. I just put it in the charger.

Original review: May 29, 2020

When I first purchased my hearing aids, having spent $7,000. I was very satisfied with them until I came to realize that there is a serious problem when pairing them up to Apple products. We have both Apple IPhones and Apple IPads, both running on Bluetooth. The problem is you cannot use both products at the same time and expect the sounds to go to your hearing aids. If I want to listen to music Or anything else on my IPad I must turn my IPhone off. Same holds true in reverse. I’ve questioned both Miracle Ear and Apple support and each blames the other.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids response
    Hello Ron,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your aids and iPhone. Please give us a call to see if we can work out the issue. Our app support line is 866-396-3749.

Thank you!

Miracle Ear Customer Care Team

Original review: May 29, 2020

I made an appointment, went in and they did a very nice examination. Before I went in though, I was under the misconception that my insurance, which is Humana, would help pay for it. I found out that they wouldn't and I held off and I haven't bought anything yet. All in all, it's a good company. It's just a little too costly for me right now.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I’ve got tinnitus so bad. Miracle-Ear was close to where I live and I thought if they could help with that, then it would be worth it. Sheryl, the customer service rep, is fantastic. She works around your schedule and helps with everything that you need help with. If you have questions, you can call her and ask her, and she just gives you the answer right away.

With Miracle-Ear, although my tinnitus is not completely gone, it’s a lot better than what it was. I have closed caption on both of my TVs because although I could hear what's being saying, I couldn’t understand it. The words run into each other and I had to read what I was watching. Now, I haven’t had to have the closed caption on my TV anymore because, with the hearing aids, I can understand what's being said. I’d recommend Miracle-Ear to everybody who has hearing problems.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?
    Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.
    Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?
    Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.
    How much does Miracle-Ear cost?
    Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.
    What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
    • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
    • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
    • In-the-canal (ITE)
    • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
    Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?
    Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear author review by Shelley Webb

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids for all levels of hearing loss. Financing is available through credit companies, and the Miracle-Ear Foundation provides special assistance for those with limited income and no insurance.

• Products: This company offers seven models of hearing aids, including behind-the-ear, receiver-in-canal, completely-in-canal and invisible-in-canal hearing aids. Custom designs with five color options are available in completely-in-canal, in-the-canal and in-the-ear styles.

• Features: All hearing aids come with GENIUS 3.0 technology to improve audio quality. They are programmable with up to 48 channels, and most styles come with an app to control the settings. Optional features include rechargeable batteries, Bluetooth compatibility and tinnitus control.

• Trial and warranty: Hearing aids come with a 30-day trial and a three-year limited warranty.

• Locations: This company has over 1,400 franchised locations across the United States where consumers can get hearing tests, hearing aid fittings and hearing aid repairs.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information