4.07/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

1370 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I am an old client of Miracle Ear and over the years have dealt with several professionals of that organization. Recently I was served by Anna ** for the first time when I went there for my annual check-up... The experience was phenomenal; the service was exceptional. I could write volumes. However, because of space and time constraints, I will simply state that Anna she possesses three powerful qualities, or to put it succinctly, the three C's: care, consideration, and critical motivation to do the best for her client. I have enthusiastically assigned her a five star rating. If further information is needed, I can be reached at ** (no phone call please).

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I Purchased a Miracle-Ear Hearing Aid about one year ago. It works fine. However I was going to pay for it at the time of purchase but the sales rep said I could have interest free payments for one year. Since I set up the payment with my bank I never looked at the statements. AT the end of the year I had a small Balance and when I looked at the statement from Health plan it showed I had a $900 interest payment due. I Spoke to both Miracle-Ear and the bank and did not get any satisfaction. I feel that I was scammed and that the salesman did not tell me to pay off the act within the years time, which would not have been a problem or I would be charge interest for the year. If you buy from them LOOK OUT for the SCAM.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We went to the Baton Rouge store after receiving a mailer about Miracle-Ear. The staff was super with me about my hearing problem. Went back several time and each time their patient was very sweet. Couldn't ask for more professional staff. I would like to ask Miracle-Ear to do a program to help those customer that hunt. I know I am not the only one with this situation. I love to hunt but it compresses it to some extent but not enough that I still have to use earmuffs. In normal shooting as a bystander it is okay the way it is in one of the programs I use. But would like to be able to keep my hearing aids in and not use muffs when I shoot. There is multiple programs in my set of Genius and I use them religiously. I give the staff at Baton Rouge a five star.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased hearing aid from Miracle-ear on San Antonio, Texas area, Nov. 11, 2015. Since 1st day I receive the hearing aid I have yet to have it work a whole 8 hours, 1st week I return it to get adjustment and I still taking back October 2017 to continue those adjustment that don't fix my needed. I lose the period of 30 days to return it, because they hold on for adjustment for more the 1 week and the period pass. I still continue with this nightmare a lot of money involve and I still having issue, conversation and environment sounds become difficult to hear. It's stressful because either disconnect receiving feedback, turn off after incoming or ended a call. I ask Mr. John ** to refund my money back and he still denied. I want my money to get another hearing aid that can make my life better.

I been using hearing aid for years and Miracle-aid is not what they promise in service and product. Mr. ** don't know how to adjust it for my needed or I used the dome that give me pain in my ear or I has to used the small dome that do feedback when I talk or someone is talking to me. He don't know how to satisfied customer to feel comfortable to wear a hearing aid. Mr. ** need to keep in his mind clear and don't forget customer with experience in hearing aid know what can expected and remember all the function of the hearing aid do. Mr. ** mention "No, the hearing aid don't do that alert sound; when I 1st try I did hearing the alert sound". Also manufacturer denied about the alert sound when hearing aid contact each other.

Not even the manufacturer know what alert sound hearing aid do when they connect. Mr. ** plead that Miracle-aid and manufacturer don't refund my money when I have had yet able to used it in one day without a disconnect, feedback when I talking nor someone taking to me and unable to understand conversation. Link don't connect and when I can make one connection it get disconnect as soon call end or incoming call and I can't do another call until I has to waiting 10 minute or more to connect to the link to the cell. I hope this help me to get justice and I can get my money back. It's fraud to sell hearing aid that don't meet the customer needed.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

3 Reasons Why I Would Recommend Miracle-Ear. Reason #1: Jennifer, the office manager, is genuinely invested in providing the best service to her customers. Every time I walk in there for my hearing aids to get checked out, she makes sure I am completely satisfied before I leave. Reason #2: Follow up appointments and walk-in services make it easy for me to reach out to their team with any concerns I may have. Reason #3: Snacks! Who doesn't enjoy the cookies and coffee while you wait? Very hospitable environment! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

After purchasing hearing aids from Miracle-Ear, I realize it was a huge mistake. The total cost was $7000. It was very high pressure. It was submitted to my insurance. They paid $3000. After receiving my explanation of benefits it stated that due to being in network I owed $2670, not $4000. I contacted Miracle-Ear and they are saying that doesn't matter. I signed a contract and I owe $4000. Today I sent all the information to my attorney general. We will see how it goes. They are thieves. It won't be long before they are totally out of business due to the fact we will be able to buy hearing aids at the drugstore soon. Can't wait for that day!

Hello Earl,

Thank you for contacting us again in regards to the Miracle-Ear Center located in your area. I appreciate the comments and concerns that have been shared, and I apologize for any issues you may have experienced.

Miracle-Ear centers are independently owned and operated franchises. Please contact 800-241-1372 and file a complaint. We will then send it over to the franchise owner or manager to review and have them reach out to you.

Once again we apologize for your experience. Have a wonderful day!

Miracle-Ear

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Mark and his front line help me, and made my visit very comfortable. He also went a step further. While leaving my appt, I had locked my keys in the car. They went the extra mile to help and did. Thanks. For having employees that is so helpful.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Miracle-Ear has changed my life. I have had hearing loss for many years, even wore a hearing aid in my left ear about 25 years ago. My hearing has continued to deteriorate and now affects both ears. The cost of hearing aids made it impossible for me to afford. Eventually, frustration for me and my husband lead us to Miracle-Ear. They tested my ears for free and programmed hearing aids for me to try. It was amazing! They were able to arrange payments that were affordable. Now I enjoy hearing my grandchildren and many sounds in nature that I hadn't heard in years. They also make adjustments and give you check ups for the life of your hearing aids.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Have always been treated rudely by representative each time I go. Now have been ban from there due to me talking back to her!! VERY RUDE, always blames me for everything that happens to my hearing aids and when I talk back she gets upset and tells me I can't come back anymore!! Miracle-Ear in Paducah, KY is VERY RUDE.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I purchased aids cost near 10,000.00. Our insurance allowed 2,500. I have called the company numerous times requesting they send us our 2,500. I get the runaround all sorts of reasons. We dont have payment as of today 10/13/17. When I called again today I got voice mail. Now they aren't answering my calls. We had good experience in Ocala Fl and thought it would be the same here WHICH IT IS NOT! I left word this afternoon I expected a return call. No word. Told them in message I was going public. This is my first message other than to them directly. $2,500.00 is a lot of money to us. We are retired and living on fixed income. I will advise BCBS how they are treating me. I will never use them again even if I have to get an ear trumpet. Thanks for any information you can give me as to what to do next.

Hello Anne,

Once again we apologize for your experience. Have a wonderful day!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Miracle-Ear Ocean Springs MS and New Windsor NY – I purchased the hearing aids May of 2017. They have been nothing but trouble. The right ear has shut down three times. The technician say it was caused from wax build up. This time, there was no wax. Additionally they can't get either ear to hear clearly and without static. Static that my wife can hear. Imagine the damage it is future causing. Technician says it's because she doesn't have my original hearing test since I bought them from another state. Also weeks have to go by to get an appointment. I WANT MY MONEY BACK $6000.00 DOLLARS PLUS.

Hello Mike,

I believe we worked this out with our Consumer Affairs team. If you continue to have issues please call 800-241-1372.

Good luck!

Miracle-Ear

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I got my hearing aids in 2014. They helped but could not get them adjusted right. I’m retired and could not afford to drive 80 miles round trip every mo. to adjust. Provider was good first yr. he started then had an intern, then wife, then daughter then someone then granddaughter. I question how well they were trained. I went to a hearing MD and got a test and they said I had nerve damage. I gave it to my tech and she seems offended and then they were worse the next 2 yrs. then I think now center changed hands. I went for adjustment and she made adjustments and said next time I would go in booth for an adjustment.

I did not think it worked before because I’d not been in it for 3 years. I did not like adjustment but did not have time to go back before my grandson’s graduation. At graduation party I could not stand noise in hall and removed hearing aids, went outside and put them back in and still could not hear kids’ low voice. I removed hearing aids, next day I found out I lost hearing aids. I will not pay $4000 for hearing aids again because of poor service. I think I can do better with cheaper ones I can adjust myself with my computer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Went to the Miracle Ear store in Hicksville, New York on August the 8th, 2017. Met with the "hearing aid specialist". During our discussion I told him the price range that I was able to afford. After testing my hearing came the big sell, I was quite dismayed that he pitched a pair of hearing aids that cost $6700. Out of my price range. I left after the hard sell not buying anything from them. Fast forward 2 weeks later I get a letter in the mail from the bank. Miracle Aid deals with in financing hearing aids. Without my knowledge, authorization or consent they opened up a credit line in my name. It took me some time to get this unauthorized account closed. Beware if you deal with Miracle Ear.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Approximately 20 months ago I bought two Miracle-Ear hearing aids from a site located on Dixie Highway, Louisville, KY. My cost was $6000.00 plus. I had to keep going back to get them adjusted but they never worked to my satisfaction. That is a large sum to pay and have them not work. I got tired of people telling me to turn down the sound on the TV as I was playing it too loud. I moved my office to Pennsylvania and was on the verge of seeing if I could turn them in and get my money back. So I found an office located on Campbells Run Road in Robinson Township, PA. I met the audiologist Sara ** and explained my problems. She retested my hearing for sound levels and sound quality. Tests I had never received before. The hearing chart was very similar to the one I had from Kentucky. She explained that I had profound hearing loss in one ear and serious hearing loss in the other.

She also explained that the receiver I was given was not the proper one for my hearing loss. She ordered me two new receivers and installed them on to my hearing aids. She adjusted the sound levels and immediately my hearing improved. She then adjusted my hearing aids to improve the sound quality and word recognition. While, since my hearing is very bad, some of my word recognition is bad it has been greatly improved. She had me come back for two follow up testings and I hear much better now and am not getting yelled at for playing the TV too loud. Sara knows what she is doing and I am very happy I found her. I feel like I was cheated out of 1 1/2 years of hearing only because of the wrong equipment and improper settings. Perhaps Sara should give lessons. One star above would have been 5 if I had found Sara first.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I went to Miracle Ear in Norwalk CA, I was told from the technician that I will need to purchase a $4,000 hearing aids otherwise the ones that Medi-Cal cover wouldn't do the job because I have severe hearing problems. So I went ahead and purchase them and they told me I should still get the ones from Medi-Cal since they would at no charge. Medi-Cal will pay for them. My children were very disappointed in me buying $4,000 devices so I returned them 2 weeks later. They were very disappointed and it's been four long months since I ordered the ones from Medi-Cal and they keep giving me the runaround. Either they are defective and had to be returned them or I need to wait 45 more days.

I had to call Medi-Cal and put a complaint as well as calling Health Net. When they called Miracle-Ear in August 16th, 2017 they said they will be ready within an hour but to give them a whole day and I did. I called a week later and they told me they had just submitted my application to Medi-cal on August 18th, 2017 two days after Health net spoke to them. This is so ridiculous. I will not recommend this place whatsoever. Very unprofessional, and careless.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regard to the Norwalk, CA office. I appreciate the comments and concerns that were shared, and I apologize for any issues you may have experienced.

I see you have been fit the hearing aids. I will pass the review over to the Franchise owner.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to look in to this for you. We are always striving to improve our service, and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Shortly after purchasing my first Miracle-Ear hearing aid I was told to return to the business to update my hearing aid. After a while with the new hearing aid, I noticed that music of any kind is distorted and singers off key. Has anyone else experienced this?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I requested a refund on my hearing aids around 7/4/17. I was told that it would be 2-3 weeks to receive my refund in the mail. It has been 5 weeks and still no refund. I stopped by the office last week, but was given the runaround. Where is my money? It is over $6500.00.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us in regard to the Owensboro, KY office. I appreciate the comments and concerns that were shared, and I apologize for any issues you may have experienced.

I do see the refund was processed. I apologize for the delay. I will pass this review over to the Franchise Manager just so they are aware of the situation.

Miracle-Ear

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Just had an appointment which included hearing aid cleaning, and a hearing test. The appointment was on time and very efficient. They answered all my questions with clear and precise answers. They have always given me great service. Plus my hearing aids have made a big difference in my life. Especially my social life. Couldn't ask for a better product or service.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I was very dissatisfied with the Paramus location. I think the methods of sales were more like they were selling time shares. I felt no medical professionalism. It was more of a sell sell sell and when I was told I was not approved no one even said goodbye. There is a doctor with credentials who said nothing then a multi-level marketing salesman who did all the talking. I would re-think going to this office. I think corporate should have a look.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I am a Vietnam Vet and suffered major hearing loss during my tour, I was in Artillery and in 1978 the Marine Corps was not concerned with hearing loss. Miracle Ear on Grant Line Rd. New Albany was the answer. Great service with professional and knowledgeable staff provided me with a great set of hearing aids. I strongly recommend.

Original review: July 15, 2017

My wife's hearing aids cost close to $7,000. The first week she went back and complained that one hearing aid she could not hear out of. They readjusted it and said good bye. They continually kept shutting off by themselves and he sent them back to the company as defective. The batteries would not last for even one week, even the "special ones" built in USA. My wife was not given any replacement ones and it has been a week since she had them. In fact Miracle Ear had them longer than her. She cannot hear and it is causing a lot of problems since she cannot hear and I researched the companies and they seemed to be rated the best. They were Demo hearing aids sold as new. We got no discount and nothing but problems. When I call to find out if the new ones are ready they tell me, "We will call you when they come in." They never do! If I knew this from the beginning, I would never have used them.

Last time she bought hearing aids, the $3000 the insurance company gave was enough and they supplied batteries and service at the ENT office in a timely manner. They want to charge us 10% for something that did not even work for a week. How can this be? Is this not outright fraud? I do not even know if I was given copies to the purchase but I have the serial numbers of the hearing aids returned. They are 21QR65900 AND 21QR65890. We were not given the paper work for that day as it took hours to get through the appointment. We were felt overly pressured and I as the husband was meant to feel that I would be an uncaring husband if I did not spend the extra money that normally was covered by the insurance company. They reimburse $3,000.00 every 4 years. I was told you do not take that as part of the payment and I had to pay the whole bill. P.S. My wife still can not hear!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

Husband, Chester, after years of LOUD NOISE exposure as a Tool & Die Maker, relented to getting hearing tested & finally wearing Hearing Aids. Casey ** at Miracle Ear is a Life-Saver for helping him hear even the softest purring of our cat. She has adjusted his hearing aids, taught him to use Blue Tooth Technology with Miracle Ear Aids, and always been available to answer his questions while offering support & standing by their guarantee of acute hearing. Casey is patient, kind, professional in dress & demeanor, and very personable. Without Casey's dedication to clients, Chet would still be repeating "WHAT did you say?".

Original review: July 7, 2017

The Geniuslink device is garbage! What makes this even more so of an issue is that Miracle-Ear has changed their people to commission sales only pay therefore pushing this device with upgraded hearing aids of course. My rep left Miracle Ear for he has a family and cannot be 100% commission. The very nice receptionist left also for the new person was sales driven and not personable whatsoever. I'm on my 3rd Geniuslink device and it's just as bad if not worse than the first.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I went in April 5th 2017, paid $250.00 deposit, went thru four appointments. Did not work for me, so signed Customer refund form on April 25th. It is now June 14th, I am 92-1/2 years old, and after 7 phone calls, still no refund??? Who is running this place???

Original review: June 9, 2017

My husband, who is mentally impaired from chemotherapy, was tricked into signing a contract for a new loan with "Comenity Bank" to pay for hearing aids that he thought he was getting on a free trial, and the agent did not contact his wife, who didn't know he went there to get a "turkey coupon" and a free test. Don't go to Miracle-Ear without family members to protect you from people who prey on old people! He cannot pay almost $4,000 with his Social Security income, and the bank has already paid the Miracle-Ear store in our town, and are now trying to collect from him. I tried to return the product, but they said they cannot take them back after a few more than 30 days, even though he never wore them, and even after his oncologist's letter to both them and the bank, about what chemotherapy does to the brain. No compassion; they said he signed a contract, but he doesn't even remember that.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I have read some negative reviews about Miracle Ear and am sorry for your experience. I noticed a hearing loss and stopped into a Miracle Ear location. Rick checked my ears and found that I had ear wax build up and needed to have it removed. I was impressed with his honesty as I expected that he would just try to sell me hearing aids. Later I was suffering from genuine hearing loss, and remembered my experience with Rick and immediately went back to him. No high pressure and I did buy one hearing aid, that was in 2012. Is Miracle Ear the best hearing aid out there? I don't know. I did have some problems with mine but Rick was always available and solved any issues that I had. I have since bought a new pair and still have my original as a backup. Here in Northwest Tampa, Rick and Roxanna have provided excellent customer service, and have always been there when I needed them.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I cannot hear with my left ear. My right ear is good. The Hearing Aid Specialist told me to use 2 hearing aids for balance so I purchased them. After 6 months use, I took them out. Nothing but continuous whistling in both ears. Then I tried with 1 hearing aid only but the whistling is present all the time. Is it me, the HAS or the hearing aid? I don't know but I have the impression that the title HAS stands for Hearing Aid Salesperson. Also the app with Android does not work well and the HAS could not explain it to me. So there, $4500 down the drain.

Original review: May 18, 2017

On April 20, 2016 I purchased my hearing aids from Miracle-Ear and paid over $5000 for them. They have worked very well for me. The agent who sold me the hearing aids told me that a friend referral resulting in a hearing aid purchase would result in a $100 check for me. Following up on my recommendation, a friend (Robert **) also purchased hearing aids from Miracle Ear. This qualified me for the $100 referral bonus.

Yesterday, I met with your agent. She told me that my friend & given my name as a referral, and after had contacted an insurance company. The agent told me that I was disqualified from the $100 she had initially promised me. There are multiple hearing aid companies in this area. If I had not told my friend about Miracle-Ear, my friend would most likely have ended up on one of your competitor doorsteps. I believe that I, in good faith, referred my friend to Miracle Ear and had, therefore, rightfully earned the $100 I had originally been promised.

I do not have an "Order number" However,7 I do have the purchase agreement and the Credit Account Sales Receipt which depict the following information: Model number: BTE ME3300 RIC BG-ME-3-S, Serial numbers: 21BN83805 and 21BN83787, Purchased at: MIRACLE-EAR CENTER 1001 S 10TH STE H MCALLEN, TX 78501. Thank you for your time in addressing this matter.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Earlier in the year my 87-yr. old father, who has had trouble with his hearing for years now, finally broke down and went to the Miracle Ear Springfield, PA store. My mother was with him, she is 84 years old. They were not planning on purchasing a hearing aid that day, just wanted to obtain some information. He found the sales technique employed to very pressuring and by the time he left felt overwhelmed, as most elderly people would feel with pressure sales techniques that were employed on him. He wound up going through the required hearing tests, left his credit card information for the deposits and had ordered a hearing aid, for approximately $4,000, after being told the lesser and cheaper one that was being advertised would not work for him because his hearing was the worst they have seen. THE OLD BAIT AND SWITCH.

After leaving and waiting a few weeks for the hearing aid to come in, he went out to pick it up and have it adjusted. After a few days he wasn't comfortable with what he was hearing through it and went and had it adjusted again. This happened over and over again until when approaching the 30-day money back guaranteed period, he finally said he did not want this hearing aid and asked for his money to be refunded.

This is when everything went from bad to horrible. The woman that had spent the time adjusting his hearing aid the many times he had to go back, was really aggravated, started telling my parents that they wasted hours of her time and that she could have been spending it with paying customers not complainers. The man who was the manager went further and told my parents that when they go into a nursing home and are in a wheelchair and slobbering on themselves that they will at least wish they could hear and will regret not having the hearing aid that they were trying to sell them.

My father has had medical issues in the past that thank God we have them under control, but stressful and confrontational meetings could bring these issues back. I do not appreciate him or anyone for that matter being 1). Taken advantage of by what seems like overly aggressive commissioned salespeople. And 2). Being talked to in such a way that is demeaning and derogatory. My parents as well as myself live in over 55 communities, over 750 potential customers, and if my parents were treated with courtesy and respect, even though it didn't work out for him, we could have said we recommend Miracle Ear in Springfield to our neighbors and friends, because they are very helpful and caring. But unfortunately this did not happen and no such recommendation will be made.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Unfortunately my experience with Miracle Ear is most disappointing. I can conclude that staff is trained to sell rather than service. My hearing aid did not fit, was not tuned effectively and 3 years later, I only wasted $3000. Please be aware and go elsewhere, where the intent is the customer satisfaction and not the corporate wallet.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information