Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 235 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

1451 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have been a proud hearing aid wearer since the age of 12. I started at that time in Ohio with Miracle-Ear. In college I ended up switching to a different brand that just was not as good. I am SO incredibly glad to be back to wearing Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids in my adult years. The office staff are helpful and the overall atmosphere is positive and environment is clean. My hearing aid specialist, Rick **, is seriously one top notch guy and is incredibly personable. I use to have the whole white coat syndrome, but that is completely out the window! I no longer have anxiety when it comes to having hearing aid appointments or annual hearing exams. They are super accommodating, also, in helping find the best avenue in terms of price of hearing aids. They have many options based on prices, but also multiple ways to look at financing/help.

The Miracle-Ear Foundation has been immeasurably valuable as I needed additional assistance beyond traditional financing options. I appreciate the flexibility in being able to have my appointments in either Garner or Smithfield, NC. Highly recommend not just these locations, but Miracle-Ear as a whole, nationwide! Wonderfully knowledgeable staff, cutting edge technologies, and an all-around great experience. I love being able to not just hear the world around me, but being able to start identifying where sounds are coming from. Without hesitation, I recommend calling and setting up your free, no obligation hearing screening straight away. (Disclaimer: This is NOT a paid endorsement. I just love and believe in the product "THAT" much!)

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I had used two other brands before and now, I got Miracle-Ear and it has the same problem as they did. When you’re in a noisy environment, you can’t even talk to the person next-door to you. The main reason I got Miracle-Ear is that they had the speaker in the ear canal rather than behind the ear and with a hollow tube running down to the ear. All I have is a wire running down to the little speaker. It’s better to have the speaker than a hollow tube running down. They also clean my hearing aids. Their rep has been so good to me to try to adjust everything on it and she’s still doing it even after three years that I’ve had it. I’ll have her change some of the frequency responses of it and she’s very happy to do it. She wants me to bring it back anytime I have a problem. I’ll recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I purchased insurance to cover any issues I may have with my hearing aids through Miracle-Ear. Last week my dog eat one of my hearing aids. When I called to request replacement the girl said she would have to look into to it as this would be the second time I had to do this. She called back later that day to say that my insurance had expired before they got the paperwork. I called my brother who has the same insurance and he said he has always been notified. I am not getting any help from the North Attleboro MA office in getting this resolved.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My husband went and got his Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids. I went and got mine as well because I found out that I was lacking hearing in my left ear. I went with the style that goes over the ear and it works for me. I had a great interaction with their rep, Georgia. She took her time and answered all the questions and was very friendly. I’m very happy with my Miracle-Ear hearing aid and I’d tell others to go down there and be tested.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I went in for a hearing test and Miracle-Ear did a good sales job, so I got the hearing aid which goes behind the ear. It has worked out pretty well and has improved my life as I can hear better especially in seminars and in large groups of people, I can hear from a little farther away. I also hear what my wife is telling me to do. Their reps are excellent and friendly people. I’ve been able to get the hearing aid cleaned and adjusted to get it towards behaving the way I wanted it to because sometimes it buzzes on me, especially if I give somebody a hug and they lean against my ear. We made a significant investment, and I know there is competition out there, but we’re happy with Miracle-Ear.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Miracle-Ear's technician was head and shoulders above the other people I interviewed. He seemed to know what he was doing and he appeared to be more concerned about my hearing and what was going on with me. Others that I met were more hard selling. Also, the audiologist that I worked with had all of the licenses or credentials on the wall. I'm happy with my hearing aid. I went with the one that's over the ear because it appeared to be what I needed and it fitted well. That was five years ago and my experience with them continues to be very good. Having Miracle-Ear can be life-altering and I trust them more than the others.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

My husband passed away two years ago and he had received in the mail a free hearing test from Miracle-Ear. I called and explained to them. I had 25% hearing loss in one ear because I had gotten a really bad ear infection up in there. I also worked around loud noises for about 15 years. So I asked Miracle-Ear if I could do the test and they agreed. I was put in a little booth with the egg crate all in there. Then they told me I definitely had hearing loss which I already knew since it’s amazing some of the things I think I hear, like when somebody says something totally different than the way I hear it and some of them were funny.

Since having their hearing aids, I don’t hear anything unusual anymore. I’m below the poverty level and when they were showing me the hearing aid and how much it would cost, I said that I was sorry that I wasted their time since I cannot afford their products. Then they told me that they had the Miracle-Ear Foundation where people had turned their hearing aids in and got different or newer ones, and that they reworked those at the factory. The hearing aids and all my follow-ups were at no cost and that was absolutely wonderful. They went out of their way to help me out and I’m very fortunate. My best friend's husband wears hearing aids, and they happened to be the same size battery as mine, and so, he helps me out and supplies me with my batteries as I can’t afford those.

The reps were fantastic and friendly. The receptionist at the one I go to is a lovely and wonderful person. She remembers every customer. I was supposed to have the hearing aids retested in June but I did it in November. I had allergies, so the lady who was checking my ears said they couldn't check my ears at that time. She said that the fluid build-up behind my eardrum had my eardrum swelled out to where they couldn’t get a true reading on the test. And so, she gave me another appointment for another time. I went in a week before and she said, “They’re a little built up but they’re testable.” When I went in to get the device tested, the gentleman that was there was friendly as could be.

Their staff was informative and wonderful, and even if I’m poor, they treated me like they would anybody else. If people are having a problem with hearing, Miracle-Ear is the place to go. They test their clients extremely well. They put their clients in the booth and do different tones and words and check inside each ear. After that, they put the thing on the bone behind the ear. They’re good and extremely thorough.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We saw the Miracle-Ear office when we went to Kennebunk and we went in. We got the hearing aid that goes behind and has a little tool that goes in my husband's ear. That's what was offered us and what the tech said was the best for him. They have adjusted the price the best they can but still, my husband was teary when we paid $7000 for it. The customer service was good as they were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. However, I feel that my husband doesn't hear any better. He still has the TV's volume high like before and has the ringing in his ear for a long time that still bothers him a lot. Last night he even took his Miracle-Ear Hearing Aid out and put it on the table because he couldn't stand it. It was ringing so much in his ear. I regret it for him to get the highest price. He would have done good with the half of that because he doesn't need the 90 something channel. Other than that, we had a good experience overall.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I got the behind-the-ear style of hearing aid from Miracle-Ear. I had never heard the birds sing unless it was right close to me, and the first time that I put the hearing aid on in the morning after I got it, I went outside and I couldn’t believe everything I was missing out on. Something failed on one of my hearing aids right away. I took it in and they sent me back a brand-new hearing aid. Their customer service is really good. I go in and their rep takes care of everything for me.

The man and his secretary that we went to at Mason City were really nice. He suggested that type because they’re not as expensive as some of the other ones. He also helped us get a loan to get what I needed. Otherwise, we couldn’t afford to get them. I took my great granddaughter with me and when the rep put me in the booth, she cried but then, he showed her stuff and looked in her ear because he also looked in my ear. And then when I take her in with me when he looks at my hearing aids, they give her candy and talk to her and they don’t act like she’s a nuisance.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I'm on my third set of Miracle-Ear hearing aids. Back in the day, before they were Miracle-Ear, they were independent and offered more than one company's product. I'm currently using the Genesis 2.0 and the hearing aids are doing what I need them to do. Their reps have always been helpful, explained everything that I needed to know, told me how to use the features, and gave me options for additional features that I opted not to take. They're doing a fine job and I’ve been happy with them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids has provided hearing aids to family and I like them very much. I went to the Riverbridge office in Florida and they've been very helpful to me. I have spoken with the head of the franchise and she was wonderful. I like her personality and she was just a joy. Her explanations were thorough and she took a lot of time getting things to the best state that they can be in for me. Their hearing aid has made my life much happier. I can hear better and it has allowed me to travel north.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Miracle-Ear was in my neighborhood and I happened to go in there for a hearing test and loved what they had to offer. I got the one that I could make adjustments on my phone. For various hearing situations, I could use my phone to change my settings versus having to try to figure out those tiny hearing aids. This is my second set because I move up after about a year and a half when something else comes out bigger and better. I might as well get the best that money can buy. My hearing loss is pretty severe but, now, everything’s good. I can hear and I’m loving it. I get my cleanings every so often I go in there and they take care of me when I have any issues. They’re awesome! My experience with Miracle-Ear has been excellent and beyond. I’ve told many friends to go there if they need something. They’re really friendly and approachable.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Miracle-Ear was running a good special that I liked so I went in. I liked the place and their staff, too. So far, I am completely satisfied and happy with them and their product. The hearing aid helps me a lot. I have the one that hooks behind my ear and goes in the ear. It's on a charger and it’s little so it's not in the way and it's very comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I got over-the-ear hearing aids from Miracle-Ear and I've been really happy with it. But after a certain time, I've had some problems with it and they sent it back in for it to be reconditioned. I've been happy with everyone except for one rep who didn't listen to me when I went in one time. I had to go back and have my unit redone because of that. Still, I had told a couple of people of how happy I was with them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

There's a Miracle-Ear store close to us and they're offering a hearing test. The people there are wonderful and accommodating. But my husband still has difficulty hearing because he has heavy wax in his ears and so they get stuffed up a lot. Also, the hearing aids are not quite what I expected. He had difficulty hearing with them since he's had them. It was very expensive and I spent over $5000 so I expected a little bit more for the quality. I'm not as impressed with the hearing aid as I thought I was going to be and that it was going to solve the problem. Other than that, the technicians, the receptionist and the whole experience is good. They're almost like family and I would highly recommend them and that particular facility.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I saw an advertisement in The News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown about Miracle-Ear. It looked like a good deal in the paper so I went to look at them. The Miracle-Ear hearing aid improved my hearing. I have the model where a part goes in my ear and another part would hook behind my ear. The person there said that that model would be best for me, and their sales rep was good and informative. He was also nice to talk to. I would have liked for their price to be different, but other than that, I would recommend Miracle-Ear if somebody asked me. I'd recommend where I got them at as well.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I had a different provider and it wasn’t helping me as much as I thought it could. I wasn’t hearing good enough so I tried Miracle-Ear. I had my first Miracle-Ear several years ago and I can hear a little better with it. It goes over my ear, unlike the one I had that was just inside my ear. For many years, Mike was a great representative and I liked him very much. He left the company and when Miracle-Ear moved to a place in a shopping mall, most of the people during that time were also very good.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I went to Miracle-Ear and got over the ear hearing aid from them. It got a little plastic and was the only style that was offered to me, but it made my hearing better. Their reps were also great, polite, knowledgeable and they took time with me. They were helpful as well if I needed anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Once a month, Tasha from Miracle-Ear in Nebraska City would go down to Auburn, where my mom lived. Tasha was doing checks with folks and then offering hearing aids, and I bought one for my mom. My mom loved the people at Miracle-Ear. We started out with Tasha, and she knows her stuff and she has done adjustments for the hearing aids. She’s very personable, prompt and courteous, and she has great customer service. My mom lost one of her hearing aids once, and Tasha helped us get it sorted out and replaced. Tasha has had a couple of assistants over the years and both of them have been wonderful. I saw Tasha a couple of weeks ago when I was back in Nebraska and went over and had mom’s hearing aids cleaned.

Miracle-Ear impacted both my mother and me favorably because it’s easier to speak with her when she has her hearing aids in. But I wish Miracle-Ear would improve their prices as they’re very expensive. Also, it would be nice if people could get lifetime battery replacements, especially for the cost of the hearing aids. We like that the hearing aids are small, so they’re very discreet. The style my mom chose worked for her and she wouldn’t want anything bigger that would be noticeable. We’re happy with the Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I had gone to another hearing aid provider and wasn't satisfied so I was waiting until I saw Miracle-Ear. I got interested with them and got a behind the ear hearing aid. Their customer service reps were very accommodating and I've always had good experiences there. I still see their reps and I go every few months. They clean the hearing aids, check to see how I'm doing and offer hearing test periodically. They're doing everything they can for me and I'm quite pleased with the way my situation is being handled. The Miracle-Ear hearing aid has improved my life and I can hear what people are saying in crowded situations and not rely so much on reading their lips. It's not perfect but in my situation, it is the best I can get.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My sister had hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. I take her down there periodically and when I needed new hearing aids, I went there too. I used my CareCredit and the other company wouldn't allow me to do that, so I went to Miracle-Ear. I got hearing aids outside of the ear since it’s easier, but the other ones are less money. I get them checked periodically as well and Miracle-Ear takes care of you right away, and I don’t have any waiting time. People get mad when they have to repeat things, but the hearing aids make it easier to hear and take away all the frustration.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Everyone at the Miracle-Ear office was patient and kind. They were always helpful and on time, too. Their office manager is beyond good, and their audiologist seemed to be very knowledgeable. I got the hearing aids that fit over my ear and its little bud goes in my ear. So far, I can hear. And the first time I wore them in a restaurant, I thought I could be a spy. I can hear everything that is going on around me. It was a pretty neat experience. I have told several friends about Miracle-Ear and encouraged them to go to them for their hearing problems.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

The Miracle-Ear hearing aids my husband got has been a definite improvement for him. It's convenient using Miracle-Ear since they have a location close to the house. His were the ones behind the ear and it was the latest and greatest model when we got them, and the least obvious too. He can hear better with them but not like a normal person would be able to hear. I can certainly talk to someone while the TV is on but he can't. If he's watching TV and I want to talk to him, he has to turn the sound off on the TV. It's very distracting for him. Also, a lot of times when I'm talking in a normal tone of voice, he thinks I'm yelling at him. He doesn’t adjust them as efficiently as he should.

We’ve spoken with Miracle-Ear about it many times and they adjust the hearing aids all the time. They also do any upgrade that needs to be done. The guy we work with is super great. He's very nice, patient and always willing to do whatever he can to make any sort of adjustment. Only, it's ridiculous that the hearing aids are so expensive. The last time that I went with my husband, they told us about a newer model that we can trade and get a credit for but it’s still around $4,000.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I had to get hearing aids to pass my CDO test, and I had gone to another place first but they couldn't get me in. I then went down to Miracle-Ear. I only had a week to get hearing aids, and the specialist said she could do it by Friday. I bought the top of the line behind the ear ones that cost $10,000. The specialist worked with me and answered my different questions. She put me in that boost and it came up the exact same numbers. So far, so good and I passed my test this year too. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

When I saw more advertisements and heard that Miracle-Ear was good, I chose to get two behind the ears hearing aids from them. They’re a little high in price but I couldn’t ask for any better service. Their customer service called me to schedule appointments. I went back four times and the rep went through everything slowly with me. I also had the app on my phone where I can turn it up or down. She made it clear what I had, what I was doing and what I can do with it. The hearing aid affected my life a lot and made a big difference to it. Before, I went to meetings and had conference calls and I had been missing half of them. But now, I'm back into swing. I feel good about it and I even advertise for them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

If I had written this review a month ago, I would have rated Miracle-Ear 4 stars. I have been dealing with the Cicero, NY store for about 18 years, before it was a Miracle Ear. Always liked the service. This last month went in to get my 3 year old hearing aids cleaned and checked and when the tech came back from the other room where he cleaned them, told me the left was not working well. Usually he checked the level while in my ear. I thought nothing of it. He pointed out that my insurance benefit expired in a month and I should get a new pair. I agreed. He apparently had the paperwork partially completed already. I signed the agreement without really reading the pages of fine print, and then noticed the $6,400.00 price tag. I asked about paying as I had previously, interest free in 18 months, and he informed me that the time limit by the credit co. was now 12 months. I went home distressed.

A couple days later the funeral monument company called and said that a $2000.00 funeral bill for my son's death, which I thought could be paid in a year, needed to be paid in 30 days. Living on Social Security and a modest retirement pension, I realized I could not afford the $6,400.00 hearing aids, even if spread it out over 12 months. I called the credit co. who was willing to extend the time to 18 months, but said they were forced by Miracle ear to collect in 12 months, in order for Miracle ear to get a bigger commission.

I called Cicero Miracle Ear and informed the store manager I need to return the aids. I couldn't afford them. He instructed me to bring them in for my scheduled first week adjustment. When I did, he said If I returned them, I would have to pay a $640.00 "restock" fee. He refused to waive the fee, even though I had been a long time customer, and planned to buy my next set of hearing aids there when I could catch up on my funeral bill. When he credited my return, it was minus his $640.00 fee which I now owed to the credit company... In addition, he said the $600.00 insurance benefit, billed by Miracle Ear would be returned.

Yesterday, (12/28/17) my health insurance agent called Miracle Ear to find out what had happened to my $600 benefit paid to them 12/2/17. Corporate claimed not to know anything about it. My Cicero Miracle Ear manager told the insurance agent the insurance benefit would be returned... Feel like I have been kicked in the gut by a long time business vendor and personal friend... Probably I will never buy another pair of hearing aids from Miracle Ear.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

When I decided I needed to be checked out I went to Miracle-Ear and I've been happy ever since. At the time someone recommended the behind-the-ear style to me. I tried them on and it fit. Plus it's hidden and I don't see them. They've got great people. I've gone through a couple of ear doctors and they've all been good. Even the lady that's on the desk does a fantastic job. I've had three pairs so far. The first pair lasted a couple of years. The second pair went for three years. Then two years ago I got my newest ones. They just upgraded. They gave me a good price to trade the old ones in and I went along with it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I saw Miracle-Ear’s ad in the paper for a free exam and I went with it. They've been very accommodating working with me when I've had to cancel appointments or when I just walked in one day. My hearing aid has the receiver in the canal with the thing that goes over behind my ear. It helps when I'm out with a group of people. We also have our little building studio theater with our local actors and actresses going to that, and it's much easier to understand what they're saying.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I saw the ads for Miracle-Ear and I decided to try them out. The rep pointed out the different benefits of each hearing aid model. She's very professional, patient and knowledgeable. I like her a lot. I went with the top of the line model and they have improved my hearing. However, I still have trouble and have to go back for adjustments. The sound is different in one room than another, like when I’m in one with a high ceiling from when I’m in the bedroom.

Also, I just came from playing mahjong, so there were 15 women there and loud. I try to adjust it. Depending on how I'm sitting, it locks out some of the noise. And the rep does her best to adjust them the way I want it. She’s a very caring person and she doesn't make me feel like I’m a bother. I'm welcome to go back there anytime and she's always available, during working hours, of course. I'm happy with the service. They're a little expensive though but I'm not dissatisfied and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Anybody that doesn’t have Miracle-Ear is stupid and ignorant. Not only will they get the best treatment, because of them, I can hear. Before them, I went over with somebody else and I had problems with them. I had another type of hearing aid, paid for it, and it didn’t do any good. I tried Miracle Ear and really liked them. I have the one that goes behind your ear. In addition, their customer service team is fantastic. I even became friends with their receptionist. If anybody is needing a hearing aid, they better go with Miracle Ear.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information

www.miracle-ear.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use