Request Information
  3. Hearing Aids
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.51/5

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Miracle-Ear has seven hearing aid models, plus customizable choices. Options are available for all hearing levels. Although their pricing isn't clear, Miracle-Ear has many locations with trained representatives who can help.

PROS

• 30-day trial
  • 3-year limited warranty
  • Serves mild to profound hearing loss

CONS

• Pricing could be more transparent

Top Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

The specialist I had was great. So much info. Learned so much. Had hearing aids for 5 years and never heard so well. So happy with results. Would recommend these to anyone with a hearing loss. Don't put it off.

I have partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has improved my hearing. Their representative helped me and I bought a behind the ear set. I liked the set. They are comfortable. Plus, their overall functionality, performance, and quality are good.

What is Miracle-Ear?

Miracle-Ear offers hearing aids at over 1,200 brick-and-mortar locations and are found in every state. Certified representatives can give you a free hearing test and help you find the right Miracle-Ear device. Each outlet offers hearing evaluations, hearing aid consultations, fittings, maintenance and more. You can work with a professional to choose the best Miracle-Ear products for your level of hearing loss, budget, preferences or whatever factor matters most to you. Miracle-Ear hearing aids cater to all types of hearing loss — from mild to profound. Some Miracle-Ear batteries are rechargeable.

Miracle-Ear models

There are seven standard Miracle-Ear hearing aid models and an option to create a customizable hearing aid. All Miracle-Ear models come with GENIUS 3.0 technology — Miracle-Ear’s proprietary technology for improved sound quality. Each hearing aid can have up to 48 channels and comes with one or more compatible apps. A 30-day trial is included with every Miracle-Ear hearing aid. Read more about Miracle-Ear’s hearing aids below:

• Rechargeable BTE: This behind-the-ear model’s built-in lithium-ion battery is rechargeable. The hearing aid is compatible with the MEcontrol app. You can stream binaural audio from a smartphone to the hearing aid.
  • Rechargeable RIC: This receiver-in-canal model has built-in power, so you never have to mess with a battery. You simply drop the hearing aid into the charger and it takes care of the rest. Charges last for 24 hours. This model is compatible with the GENIUScontrol and GENIUSlink apps.
  • BTE: This model rests behind the ear. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app. It can connect to Bluetooth and stream audio.
  • RIC: This discreet model comes with Bluetooth connectivity. It has two case design choices and two battery size choices. It is compatible with the MEcontrol app.
  • miniRIC: Miracle-Ear’s smallest receiver-in-canal hearing aid model is also their most discreet. You can control the settings with a remote or via the GENIUScontrol app.
  • Ready Fit CIC: This hearing aid fits completely and discreetly in the canal and connects to the GENIUScontrol app. There are four sleeve size options. It comes with SingleMic directionality.
  • Mirage IIC: This is Miracle-Ear’s smallest hearing aid. It uses wireless ear-to-ear communication and is compatible with GENIUScontrol.
  • Custom Miracle-Ear hearing aid: Custom-designed hearing aids are available in CIC, ITC and ITE models. There are five colors to choose from.
ModelHearing aid typeHearing loss levelBattery type
Rechargeable BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
Rechargeable RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profoundLI 100% rechargeable
RICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to profound13, 312
BTEBehind-the-ear (BTE)Mild to severe13
miniRICReceiver-in-canal (RIC)Mild to severe10
Custom hearing aidCompletely-in-the-canal(CIC), In-the-canal (ITC) or in-the-ear (ITE)Mild to severe10, 13, 312
ReadyFit CICCompletely-in-the-canal (CIC)Mild to moderate10
Mirage IICInvisible-in-the-canal (IIC)Mild to moderate10

Miracle-Ear prices

Miracle-Ear doesn’t publicly post the average cost of their hearing aids, so it’s best to talk to a representative for a Miracle-Ear price list. Typically, hearing aids can range from $150 for the most basic hearing aids to $5,000 for the most technologically advanced models. Miracle-Ear hearing aid prices generally fall somewhere in this range. Behind-the-ear models and in-the-canal models can be on the pricier end of this range; however, even the most expensive models tend to cost no more than a few dollars a day over the lifetime of the hearing aid.

Miracle-Ear financing is also available at many Miracle-Ear locations. The Miracle-Ear Foundation, for example, offers affordable payment options to low-income Americans. They have also donated more than 10,000 hearing aids to those in need.

Miracle-Ear hearing aid technology

Miracle-Ear hearing aids have the following types of technology:

Speech isolationSpeech isolation includes noise reduction, directionality to focus on the target speaker and amplification of voices.
Smartphone functionalityAn available smartphone app can control a Miracle-Ear hearing aid.
Tinnitus controlAlleviate tinnitus with static noise, ocean waves and Notch Therapy.
TV streamerHear the TV more clearly with audio streaming to a TV streamer, connected to your hearing aid.
Inductive chargerFor the rechargeable models, just drop the hearing aids into the inductive charger, the Miracle-Ear battery charger, for a convenient, quick charge.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Before I went to Miracle-Ear, I was not taking care of my ears. I went to a hearing specialist in Florida when I started having hearing problems. This was probably about five years before we moved back to Florida. She told me about one hearing aid but I didn't think I could afford the cost. I asked if I could just have one piece of the hearing aids and she told me I could have whatever I wanted. She sold me a hearing aid and I had nothing but trouble. Nothing worked out well. I brought my hearing aid back and I got my money back, but it was definitely a very bad experience.

My daughter took me to Miracle-Ear because she wanted me to get my hearing taken care of. Melissa is their board-certified hearing instrument specialist. I told her about my earlier experience because asked me if I had seen anybody before. She said that it was illegal to sell just one hearing aid. The hearing aids work in conjunction with each other. If I wanted to have a good experience, I needed to have a hearing aid in each ear.

I’ve had a very good experience with Miracle-Ear. I’ve been seeing Melissa going on two years now. I find her to be extremely efficient and she is on top of everything that is going on. If I have a question or concern, she addresses them all. She gives me hints to what makes it a better situation for me.

I was turning up my hearing aids and was having a problem. If my husband was watching TV and it wasn’t loud enough, I would turn my hearing aids up so that I could hear what was being said. But I’d have trouble later if I tone my hearing aids down again. I was messing with them. Melissa said I was confusing the hearing aids with my instructions. I was confusing myself too when I couldn't hear and thought I should be able to hear something. She told me a better way to deal with that because when you take off your hearing aids, they go back to their normal setting.

One of my daughters goes with me when I go see Melissa. She doesn't have a hearing problem but she’s very on top of the hearing issues because of me. She really thinks that Melissa is the person to go to and stay with because I’ve been complaining about the hearing aids and was thinking I should go somewhere else. She told me we should go back to Melissa and I’m glad we did. I'm very satisfied. She covers all issues and I’m well-supplied with batteries. She always checks the hearing aids when I come in to make sure there are no problems.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I have moderate hearing loss. I had high tones where a problem was forming. And therefore, when I had conversations with females or children, it was very difficult for me to hear. Miracle-Ear has an office here in town. And I did some research on some of the other ones, and I liked the technology that Miracle-Ear provided. It seemed to have what appeared to be a good application for me.

It's a pretty noisy world out there. I had not realized how much hearing I had lost until we were visiting the grandkids. They're very young and they have very high-pitched voices. I literally could not understand it. I could hear them, but I couldn't understand what they were saying most of the time. And after that visit, I told my wife, "I don't wanna be that grandpa that keeps saying, 'What? Say that again. What was that?'" So, that was what kinda spurred us on getting hearing aids. And now, I can't imagine being without them. It's part of my life. I'm really happy with them.

I got behind the ear hearing aids. I wanted something that was hidden for the most part, and I didn't want a big, clunky hearing aid. It was something that fits my lifestyle, and it also tucked away nicely behind my ear. I've been fairly happy with them. I had one that went bad, which was replaced promptly. They gave me a loaner until mine came in, and they replaced it within just a couple of days. But other than that, they've been dependable. I get a little bit of whistling when I get out in the wind. I get air moving past the speaker but it is certainly something that I can tolerate. It's not a big deal. It has a lot of application.

I also got a pair for my mother. She's really hard of hearing, and TV was a problem for her. And the unit that we got for her also has the streamer that you can plug into the TV so the sound of the TV goes right into your hearing aid. And that has helped her tremendously to be able to watch TV and enjoy it and hear whats's going on. So, those types of things are things I really appreciate out of Miracle-Ear. As far as the customer service, it has been very good every time I've called up there. When I had a problem, they were right on it. And in one case, I had a little bit of wax that got into the speaker, and they guided me through cleaning it out. They are very knowledgeable on what I may be experiencing and how to respond to it. So they did very well with that.

Cost was a major hurdle for me to get over. I did not wanna spend a lot of money on hearing aids. I had done a lot of research online, and certainly, there were a lot of options that seemed less expensive. I was concerned with buying them online with not having any local professional help to kind of get them fine-tuned and everything. So that was one of the reasons why I chose Miracle-Ear. After my interview with them and they gave me a pair to try for 30 days, they were very concerned about regulating and adjusting it. We seemed to work very well together in getting me and it lined up with my lifestyle, and the cost factor went away. They helped serviced it. It's really been a good relationship. So, I'm glad I went that way.

If anybody ever needs to talk to somebody and really wants to get personal one-on-one feedback, I'll be more than glad to provide that for them. The Miracle-Ear folks have been wonderful for me, and anything I could do to help their business out would be certainly something I would do. Once I took the journey, my Miracle-Ear really has changed my whole life. I used to be in sales, and part of my life was hearing the customer and understanding their reactions to what I was providing. And without the hearing aids, there were a lot of times that I missed a lot of stuff that I should've heard.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have a gradual hearing loss. I was still working as a nurse in a recovery room and I was afraid I was gonna miss something or that I was not gonna hear something that the doctors mumbled. I decided to go and get a hearing aid. At that time, I had a coupon for Miracle-Ear. It said free hearing check. I wanted to see how bad my hearing was and I would try the hearing aids out. I made up my mind. I came out of there with a $6,000 hearing aid because it sounded good, I needed it, and I had the money.

Mark was excellent and he worked with me to get it to fit. I have very itchy ears. I initially had the outside ones, but then we decided on the inside ones. Mark was wonderful. He measured me and we went with the ones that are in the ear. I couldn't keep them in for more than several hours. He kept working with me over the years to keep the hearing aids in. He really was very good. He also tuned them up when I felt that they needed to be tuned up. He gave me all the hearing checks that I needed.

I love putting my hearing aids in the morning and keeping them in. I drive to church and put them in in the parking lot. I try to keep them in for a couple of hours, but it just bothers me. If I don't take them out, they actually hurt. I feel the pressure. I try them for parties or something where you have to keep them in for several hours. On occasion, I could keep them in for five or six hours, but not much longer than that. Mark sent the hearing aids back a couple of times. He did everything and was wonderful.

But Mark left and Bryan came in. He was a little more difficult. He insisted I had to keep the hearing aids in for so many hours a day. Bryan actually wrote down on the sheet that I was not wearing my hearing aids. He pushed me to sign and I said that was wrong. I wear them as much as I can. After that little episode, I said I was not gonna deal with him. We kind of didn't agree on things so I switched over. The secretary there, Erin, was wonderful and a sweetheart. I told her I was gonna give Miracle-Ear one more try then I was going to some other hearing aid. She told me about the people in Gardner. I've been there once and they were wonderful.

I also asked Bryan to tune my hearing aids up a little bit but he said he couldn't do that without a test. I went to my ENT doctor and got a whole new hearing test. I went with that to the people in Gardner. They tuned it up and it has been much better since then. Lisa and Giselle were really great. I take my hearing aids out for the telephone. I take them out when they itch too much or they're uncomfortable. I have been with Miracle-Ear for almost five years. I hear much better with them and I'd recommend them to others. They just have to not have itchy ears. The product is good and it's not their fault that I can't keep them in that long.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My hearing loss kept getting worse and the main thing was not understanding what people were saying. I had gone to three different hearing aid companies and had hearing tests. Then, I decided to do another one and I heard of Miracle-Ear, so I decided to go there. The first ones I had gone to recommended getting hearing aids but when I went to Miracle-Ear, the guy said that he couldn't recommend a hearing aid at that time. He said that my hearing was not bad enough and that it would eventually get there, but not at the time. So, he discouraged me from getting a hearing aid and it was a good year before my hearing finally got worse. That was when he thought it would be a good idea, so, I appreciated that honesty.

So far, I’ve had three different kinds of hearing aids. I had an in-the-canal that I really did not like. It shut off too much of the ambient background noise. Then I went to one model and it was just for my left ear where I was only having a problem with. After that, I went to one model and it was better. Then my right ear finally got so bad that I got another one for that ear, too, but it was a slightly different model. Finally, just before the warranty of the hearing aid for my right ear went out, I decided to get a new set that matched and did all the things that my hearing aids now do.

The overall functionality of the ones I got now is pretty good. The one thing that it was supposed to do was to help me hear on cellphones and we put magnets on the back of the cellphone case. But I found that I had a very difficult time positioning the phone to the point where the hearing aids would turn that feature on and I could hear out of both ears. It never worked right, so I would like to see that technology improved to the point where that would work. Other than that, the Miracle-Ear dealer that handled everything has been wonderful and he gives me great customer service. He listens to what I say and can understand what I’m trying to describe to him. He is also very capable of adjusting everything to the point where I hear and understand the words better.

Hearing aids are asininely expensive but I hear better because of them, so my life is improved. On the other hand, my wife has a different brand of hearing aids and she does not hear well with them. She misses when I’m talking and what I’m saying a lot. But it’s too expensive to go in and get Miracle-Ear hearing aids. She’s been tested because I took her in to my dealer and he did the hearing test. He told us what it would take to get her hearing up to where it should be and it’s too expensive, so we’re dealing with her old, not nearly as good, set of hearing aids because of that.

Miracle-Ear's hearing aids would be a whole lot easier to take and they would sell a lot more hearing aids if their prices were more reasonable. Still, I participate in conversations better with my Miracle-Ear because I’m understanding the words that people are saying and I don’t respond inappropriately because I misunderstood what was being said. I like being able to control the volume and the direction of the microphones which I have on the hearing aids. But I can also hear better in restaurants and in auditorium kind of settings.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was in an airplane when my right eardrum blew. I had three holes in it and I had extreme trouble hearing in my right ear after that. Also, my left ear had been overused. At the time, I was going with a man who had the Miracle-Ear hearing aids and he loved them. So, I decided to get hearing aids from Miracle-Ear as well. When I went into the West Fargo store, their rep, Corey, told me that I'd better get hearing aids for both ears, so I did. I have them for about three years now and I love them.

For the first couple of years, the hearing aids worked great. But lately, when I put them on one adjustment, they don’t wait for me to change it to another adjustment. For instance, if I was in a crowd and I put my hearing aids in a noisy atmosphere mode, they'd jump into one of the other modes. So I have been constantly adjusting them, which is really a nuisance. I am also experiencing a few problems with my hearing and it seems that I have to go into Miracle-Ear to ask them what’s going on with my hearing aids. They might need some cleaning or my hearing has gotten worse. Since I live on social security and I can’t afford to get new ones, I’m stuck with what I have.

The rep at Miracle Ear told me that if something goes wrong, they’d cover it, so I’m gonna make him keep up his end of the bargain. But if I lost one of my hearing aids, that might be a different story altogether, though the rep didn’t go over that. But I keep up on my check-ups. Usually, when they give me the notice to come in, I do.

Other than that, the interactions I've had with the customer service reps at Miracle-Ear has been great. But there was this one girl I never liked. I would come in and she would have no time for anybody but her book and she wouldn’t look up or talk. I could tell she was only doing the job to make a few dollars. But they either fired her or she quit and the people at Miracle-Ear were glad because I talked to one of the guys there and he said that it wasn’t a loss when she left. And I could understand that because I’ve had businesses and customer service is hugely important. Now they got a new girl there, Anne, and she’s nice. I liked the rest of the team a lot.

I’ve also turned a lot of people over to Miracle-Ear. My daughter could have gone anywhere, but she went to Miracle-Ear because I recommended them. But she wasn’t happy about her experience at the West Fargo store because she was told something other than what they told her in Palm Springs when she was having trouble with her hearing aids. She bought the most expensive you could buy and the guy that worked with me didn’t quite tell her the truth on them. And when she was at Palm Springs, they said that she shouldn't have been charged the price she paid because what she got were not the top grade that she bought. So, she went back to the West Fargo store and straightened it out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I like the Miracle-Ear rep. He is very explanatory and if you ask him a question, he’ll answer it. I had gotten behind-the-ear hearing aids. I’ve had them for about two years, and at the time, they were the top-of-the-line. I like them. I also like the fact that my iPhone works with them. They’re expensive, but from what I can recall from my youth, they recover about 90% of my normal hearing. If I’m not wearing them, I can’t understand what people say at all.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I knew the guy I dealt with at Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids. The last time I was in there, the lady who helped me was good. The Miracle-Ear hearing aids seemed to work all right. They’re a bit high-priced though. I got the one behind the ear. My ears itch all the time, but I know this happens to a lot of people who have hearing aids.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have no hearing in my left ear at all. I knew Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids was an old company and I’ve seen their ads. The person who sold the hearing aid was very, very nice. They’re good, but they’re not the best. They need to have their hearing aids adjusted. I’ve been back once for a yearly checkup, but I go every three months for a cleaning and the experience was okay. The cost was extremely high with no insurance coverage, but I’m satisfied so far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I got the one behind the ear and I love it. I can hear better. Plus with Miracle-Ear, you can go to the office and have it repaired. They have a place where you can go and ask them questions. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

My husband's cochlear gland on both sides is damaged so he has partial hearing loss. Miracle-Ear's advertising got us started. The rep we dealt with was extremely helpful and very informative. He explained why my husband could not wear a certain type of hearing aid and explained what was the cause of his hearing loss. My husband likes the hearing aids. He won’t be able to recover full hearing, but the hearing aids do help. He’s able to communicate well and he gets along well with them. As seniors, we would love to see the cost drop. But Miracle-Ear is very good about adjustments and any little issue that he has, they’re extremely helpful about being there for him.

Miracle-Ear FAQ

What is the Miracle-Ear warranty?
    Most Miracle-Ear hearing aids have a 3-year limited warranty. You will also receive free service for the life of your hearing aids. This includes free quarterly check-ups, cleanings, hearing tests and adjustments.
    Is there a Miracle-Ear mobile app?
    Miracle-Ear developed the GENIUScontrol app for use with Apple or Android smartphones. This app allows you to use your phone to control the volume and programming on your hearing aids. You can also try the GENIUSlink app to wirelessly connect an audio streamer to Bluetooth-enabled MP3 players, phones, television or other devices in order to stream music and other sounds.
    How much does Miracle-Ear cost?
    Miracle-Ear doesn’t post their pricing on their website. For more information on pricing, visit a Miracle-Ear location.
    What types of hearing aids does Miracle-Ear offer?

Miracle-Ear offers the following hearing aid types:

• Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC)
    • Behind-the-ear (BTE)
    • Completely-in-canal (CIC)
    • In-the-canal (ITE)
    • Invisible-in-canal (IIC)
    Are Miracle-Ear hearing aids rechargeable?
    Two of Miracle-Ear hearing aids are rechargeable: the Rechargeable BTE and the Rechargeable RIC.

Is Miracle-Ear a good hearing aid?

Yes. Miracle-Ear hearing aids have good sound quality and are made to be small and discreet. Their seven models are sure to appeal to most people, and they cater to every form of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Their rechargeable models are convenient, and Miracle-Ear has hundreds of locations across the country.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information