Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1940 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I heard great things about their local Miracle-Ear group here and their service, and I didn’t realize I had hearing loss until I contacted them. They answered all the questions that I had at the time, and when I had questions after I left, they were able to accommodate me. When I needed to update the chips, they found a way to make it work better for me. And the staff that performed it was very friendly and she did a tremendous job. The Miracle-Ear hearing aid was at the performance that I wanted. I got the latest behind the ear model they have and it has access to the telephone. I can also stream music on it. It has some occasional bugs, but it’s a software issue and that’s an easy fix. Overall, Miracle-Ear has been excellent. They listened to what my needs were, and they didn't try to sell me something I didn’t want.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I used to go to another hearing aid company. I felt that they were nothing but crooks. I switched to Miracle-Ear thereafter and tried their cheapest model. Each level I went up, I saw how much better their models were. Eventually, I told them to give me the best hearing aids they have. I got a hearing aid that goes behind the ear. Though they're overpriced, I'm glad I got them. I'm very satisfied with this company. They do good follow ups and they're working well for me.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Steve and his wife did the free hearing test and they were friendly and godly people. I thought I was making the right choice with who Miracle-Ear has chosen for their employees. I was really comfortable and knew I was dealing with honest people. A couple of years ago, my son was playing in Carnegie Hall and when I talked to Steve, he let me try these new hearing aids. It had a music mode so when I was in Carnegie Hall, I could hear the music playing so clearly. It was awesome. Those are the hearing aids that I have today too.

Miracle-Ear has been great with me. Their follow-up service has been really good too. Although Steve is spread thin between Miles City, Billings, and Bozeman, he does a great job. I’m really happy with him. The hearing aids are expensive but worth it. My initial ones were $6,000 and my insurance covered 3,000 of it. And every year, they offer to exchange the hearing aids. My hearing loss was severe. I work in the medical field and my Miracle-Ear let me hear my patients better. When I listen to them with my stethoscope, I can hear breath sounds better. Plus, when I first got my hearing aids, I wrote two of my kids out of my will because I could hear what they were saying. I’d recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I caught a cold some time back and overnight, I lost 40% of my hearing. With age, my hearing has gone downhill and within two months I had a hearing test at my local hospital. Somebody there recommended Miracle-Ear because of the young man who is in charge of the local office: Vincent. I tried them and I've had nothing but good experiences with that guy. Though their hearing aids are outrageously expensive, I will be staying with Miracle Ear.

Thus far, I'm very happy with the hearing aids that I got. I have the model that has a transparent little tube that goes in my ear and a battery package that goes behind my ear. I wear very short hair and most people don't know that I'm wearing a hearing aid. Also, I couldn't stand the feeling of the kind of hearing aid that sits the entire unit in my ear. I felt like I was boxed in when both hearing aids were in my ears. With Miracle-Ear's hearing aids, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I also like that I could have them tuned. One is tuned to my husband's voice which is very soft. The second is tuned to music because I perform and I need that. The third is tuned to the television.

I've had my hearing aids for a while and it has been my third pair over a 20-year span. I hope I won't have to change them for a while as insurance doesn't cover them. Even so, Vincent has been wonderful. He takes excellent care of my hearing aids and he's available whenever I need him. I recommend him and the Miracle-Ear in Oneonta to anybody who needs hearing aids.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Larry's hearing loss was quite profound. He had made an appointment with Zounds and we went to Arizona. We're from North Dakota and when we checked into it, they aren't anywhere else. So I told them that it would be smarter to go with someone that we could use in both places. Larry bought the over-the-ear hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. They are expensive, but they're working. He has issues with some tones though. He doesn't hear high sounds and sometimes, my voice seems to be the worst. Overall, the people at Miracle-Ear as been pretty good and we're really happy with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I got hearing aids from Miracle-Ear as they were close to my house. Ever since, my life has been a lot better. I got a behind-the-ear unit as it's easier and its overall functionality and performance have been great. Their customer service has been very professional about what they're doing and they've been cleaning my unit really well. I recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a partial hearing loss, and it was convenient to go with Miracle-Ear as it was beside my gym. The over-the-ear hearing aid I got is great. Aside from the fact that I like that it was rechargeable, going with that model had to do with money, too. The Miracle-Ear sales and customer service teams were also exceptional. If I have any questions or any issues, I just stop by and they take care of it. They're never too busy, and never too involved. I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad I did it. Since I got the hearing aids, I haven't heard anybody telling me I need hearing aids. I'd recommend Miracle-Ear to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have been going to Miracle-Ear for the last three years. Before contacting them, I knew I needed some help with the way I was missing things. And on TV, when people talk, it sounded like gobbling. The Miracle-Ear reps are very informative and helpful. If you need them for anything beyond your visit, they'll be there for you. So far, my pair of hearing aids is doing well. It's behind my ear and then it goes into the canal of the ear. They run on batteries. And I keep the appointments when they get cleaned, turn up the volume, or when they put on new parts that I might need. In closing, I'm 91 years old and my Miracle Ear hearing aids make things easier when I sit with my family. I'm understanding what they're saying and I do not have to be sure to keep facing them. We recommended friends to Miracle Ear and they're pleased as well.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I had problems hearing my granddaughter and female voices, and since having my Miracle-Ear hearing aids, I hear a lot better now than I did before. I wanted the ones that fit in my ear, but what I have are the ones they recommended, and they seem to be working fine. Like everything else, my hearing aids are too expensive, but it's okay. Working with Miracle-Ear helped. Their office is close to mine and I've had an excellent experience with their team. They're easy to talk to. If I have an issue, they get it taken care of. It's good service. I've talked to them about having trouble sometimes if I'm in a room with lots of people in it. I hear things more so than what I should be handling. I hear things all around. It's kinda distracting sometimes and there are things that I wish I wouldn’t hear more than what I need to hear. So, that's frustrating, but they're working on trying to get that fixed for me.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I noticed that I had to have the TV turned up higher than the other people in the room did and that when I wasn’t facing someone, I couldn’t catch all the words they said. Our son-in-law had gone to Miracle-Ear and he told me about it so I went and got the model that would be the easiest to handle at my age. I didn't wanna worry about changing batteries and everything like that. It was great with their reps. I go back every so often and they check everything, my hearing aid, and if they put new pads on. I’ve been very happy with them. I usually make an appointment from one time to the next and if something comes up that I can’t make it, I just call and they’re very nice about changing it for me. I know I paid more than ordinary hearing aid, but I’m happy with it. Now, I don’t turn the TV up high and when we’re sitting around the dinner table, I can hear everybody’s conversation. I would recommend Miracle-Ear highly.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I was having trouble with conversations at dinner. I eat in a dining room with a lot of other people every day. I live in a retirement area so I was having trouble hearing people, and hearing things generally. I went with Miracle-Ear because of its long history. I got the one that sits on top of my ear and it's absolutely comfortable. It works fine and I have occasional adjustments. Also, my experience with their reps was wonderful. I had two people to deal with, the receptionist and the technician. The tech always listens to what I have to say and then tries very hard to make the hearing aid better for me. I can hear better now. Miracle-Ear has been marvelous and I've been pleased with everything.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My hearing loss has gotten very bad and I have problems with certain sounds. I would have to be asking people what they said. Now, I'm 85 years old and it's worse. Prior to trying Miracle-Ear, I had hearing aids made by other brands and I didn't replace them for many years because they were so expensive. Miracle-Ear's hearing aids aren't cheaper but they're very good. The lady who works for the company in Tacoma told me that the battery for the model that goes behind the ear lasts longer so I went with those. Since then, the hearing aids have been working pretty well and I'm glad I have them. Though the lady I bought them from is longer at the Tacoma location, there is a gentleman there now who is very good as well. The folks there have been very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I've had Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a few years now and they work very well. The service is very good. The personnel is very helpful. They fit you with the hearing aid and they show you how to use the batteries. In addition, there's this nice young man who is very caring. I see him so often because I go and get the batteries. In fact, I don't need an appointment if I'm just gonna pick up the batteries. But it's easy to get an appointment if I need one. Since having the in-the-ear hearing aids, I'm able to hear what people are saying and it's great. Sometimes I have to ask people to repeat what they're saying, but when I have the hearing aid on, the voice is quite clear and I don't have any problem.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I suffered partial hearing loss in my mid-30s due to loud noises. I've had other hearing aid brands, but I've been using Miracle-Ear for a number of years since they're close to me and my contact with them has been very good from the first day. The reps have been very good and they couldn’t be better. I’m very happy with them from my experiences. My wife and I have bought hearing aids from them and it's fantastic how my hearing has changed since I've been using Miracle-Ear. Sometimes, I can even hear better than most people.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and I got my hearing aid from Miracle-Ear since my son-in-law is a franchisee of this company. I got the style that goes behind the ear. The reps that I’ve spoken with have been very good, knowledgeable and courteous. There has been a noticeable improvement in my hearing since I've used my hearing aid.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

The hearing loss came slowly. I went to Miracle-Ear, had a test, and they confirmed it. I can still hear, but I hear so much better with the hearing aids. I went ahead and got them and I use them. The hearing aid I got is behind-the-ear and fits inside my ear. Also, it has the batteries in it that I charge externally. But their pricing is a little overrated for what they are. Then, I had a lot of problems with the sound around. When I’m on the phone, I have to take the left one out and plug my ear because I can’t hear it and there’s a lot of noise. I got a train that’s across from my shop and it’s really hard to do anything when that thing goes by. It’s too loud. So, when I get an opportunity, I shut them off. Also, when there are big crowds and there’s a rumble in a building, it’s better to shut them off and not listen to anything. But it helps a little.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I teach Sunday school class and before, I couldn't hear my students when they asked questions. So, I got hearing aids. The first time, I just went to a hearing aid place and I didn’t have any choice. Then I picked Miracle-Ear because my wife told me that there was an ad in the paper that says if you buy one, you get one for free. Their salesman, Shawn, was a good rep. He was friendly enough and I liked his openness. He was also willing to put up with an old man like me. I got the stainless steel hearing aids to go around the ears and I like them because they’re small enough. They’re not so gaudy that people see them or know that I have them and my glasses cover them up. Plus, I don’t have to blow them out like what I did with the other ones.

A week after I got the new ones, I went back to Miracle-Ear and Shawn fixed the aids a little bit, so I could hear a little bit clearer. And this last week, it was really good because I sat in a group with people and I heard everybody talking. The only problem is when I'm talking on the phone, I have to use a speaker because I have a hard time hearing when I'm on it. But I’m enjoying the hearing aids a lot and their cost is fine. Other hearing aids are cheaper but the quality of the Miracle-Ear product has been good. I would also tell others to go for Miracle-Ear because they can get good service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I have minor hearing loss, mainly in the higher frequencies. Miracle-Ear was at the Health Fair I went to and they gave me an exam. They made a good presentation and I chose the in and over the ear style of hearing aid. We’ve been going to Debbie in Surprise, Arizona for close to 10 years now. We really enjoy going there. Debbie is friendly, very efficient, and keeps good records. She's been super and she knows us. The cost of the hearing aids might be a little bit high and I'm already on my second pair, but they’ve both been really good. They’ve made it a lot easier when I go out to eat with people and hear them in the restaurants, when I go to church, in the car, and other places. My Miracle-Ear hearing aids have helped me.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and the hearing aids I got from Miracle-Ear are good. The people there are all right too. It was good working with them.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Sometimes, you get what you pay for. My brother-in-law got a pair of hearing aids at a regular doctor and his were like $500 cheaper than mine. But when we went on a cruise and the windows were on, he had to take his hearing aids out because they whistled. Mine don't. I got them from Miracle-Ear and they're great. They go over the ear then there's a little, almost unseeable tube that goes into my ear. I have about half hearing loss and Miracle-Ear gives a free hearing exam. They're close too, and the customer service is great. When I have a problem, they get me right in. They also answer my questions over the phone.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

My hearing loss wasn’t too bad when I first contacted Miracle-Ear. I had a Widex in one ear before I went to them but that was more trouble getting to and very inconvenient times to go if I wanted to go there. I started thinking I needed another one and didn’t wanna get one there. I’m just beginning to need one in my second ear. I’ve had a couple and my hearing loss is worse now. I consider myself practically deaf, but I’m okay with the hearing aids. They're doing a good job.

My Miracle-Ear has a curve in it. It’s supposed to be going into the mold that they take at the ear, which has a curve. It feels like it fits in there okay, but it’s slipping out. It has been done twice and the price was enormous. Eventually, they made them smaller. It fit in my ears but then kept slipping out. I’m constantly poking at it and it's whistling at me. The best way to fix it was to take ‘em out and replace ‘em, but I couldn't do that every 20 minutes in church where people are sitting in the pews. I went back to see Miracle-Ear after I had it for about a month and they said they were gonna have to remake them.

I told Miracle-Ear to go back to the original plan. It’s supposed to be new technology but I didn’t get anything special out of it. I could hear better with the reverberations at church, I can hear better this way and that way, but none of that has happened. Also, it whistles when I put something up to my ear, which it wasn't supposed to do anymore. I assumed it didn't get settled in my ear right because I was having so much trouble keeping it in the right place.

Miracle-Ear also moved their office. When I first went, it was so convenient for me, but now, I have to get my son to drive me. I’m in my 80s and don’t like to drive too far anymore. The reps have changed over since I started going there, but they have all been very good, helpful, and pleasant to deal with. Overall though, I'm upset with the company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The worst part about hearing loss is the clarity and interpreting certain things that people say. My interpretation at times is not very good, and my clarity just isn't there and this has been coming on gradually for a good number of years. Miracle-Ear is doing everything that can be done because we’ve talked about it on more than one occasion. They're doing a good job and the quality of the hearing aids is fine. I am very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I’m retired now and I didn’t notice the partial hearing loss right away. It started with my grandchildren. They’re so young that their pitch is so high that I couldn’t pick up those words. I learned that from going to Miracle-Ear. But then, even when my wife would talk to me from one room to the next room, I would always be asking her to repeat it. It still happens but not very much. That was also one of the things taught by Miracle-Ear. Sometimes, I give myself time to process it when somebody says something and then I can hear what word it is.

I started with the in-the-ear hearing aids but they explained that I would have better hearing with this behind-the-ear type. And I do hear better. It pretty much impacted all in my life too. I found it embarrassing to be out in public or at a restaurant where I couldn’t hear the waitress or the waiter and having to ask my wife to tell me what they said. Not having to do that anymore is helpful. I can go to a place or a concert and be able to hear. I can sit at night and watch the television and be able to hear everything on the TV without turning it up.

I’m in my fifth year with the set I have on now and I’m really happy with them. The cost is expensive but it’s worth it. Miracle-Ear also has a lot of different technicians to work with. I started going to the one in Cranston and I found out the one right here in North Providence. It’s close. Every person I’ve had had been really good. They helped me out. And when I call, they call me back. When I go in, Chris really checks the hearings aids and cleans them. If I have questions, he answers them and he's very patient in doing that. If I have a problem, they would work it out where they would see me within a week. The lady at the desk, Michaela, has been really good too. I had some problems with the insurance on hearing aids. For some reason, it hadn’t been renewed. But I called up. She had me come down and we did it right away. So I’ve been really happy with the service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I got hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. They were close and handy and I could drop off anytime to visit them. Mine go behind the ear and though I don’t like to wear them, the equipment's overall quality is good and they work alright. However, it's hard to hear certain types of voices. Also, when I wear them outside, the biggest disadvantage is that I get a lot of noise. I told Miracle-Ear about that but there’s not a lot that they can do about it.

Nevertheless, they are friendly and are doing a good job as far as their service. Every so often, I have to go in and they clean the hearing aids. They also check them and make sure that they’re set right for our hearing disability. If I have a problem, they work with me to get it worked out. One time, I had a problem with the earbuds itching my ears, so they ended up giving me an anti-itch. They used a Q-tip to put that in the ear. Afterward, they put the earbud back in, and it stopped the itching. Overall, I'd tell people to go to Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I’m pissed off at Miracle-Ear. I’d paid for an insurance to have the hearing aids fixed. I had the receiver that goes along with the one that goes in your ear rebuilt in January and they overcooked it. They crystallized it and it broke last week. Now, they won’t fix it because they said the insurance won’t pay for it. I gotta pay 75 bucks. The receiver goes with the hearing aid. Without it, the other one is no good. Miracle-Ear's customer service stinks. They treated me well and all of a sudden, I’m a piece of **. All they want is my money now. Miracle-Ear's cost wasn't bad at $5000 though. I could control its volume and the tech set the volume the way I wanted it. Conversely, with other hearing aids, the techs would set the volume for me but I could not control it. Still, I'd tell friends that Miracle-Ear doesn't back up their word.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

The Miracle-Ear in Staten Island is very good. It was convenient for me to get there. Also, their customer service representatives handled my situation very well. I got behind the ear hearing aids and they’re very good. I was told it’s better than the one that you put in the ear. They’re very expensive but the quality is good. I told my friends to get Miracle-Ear, and they did.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have partial hearing loss and it was bad. But the Miracle-Ear I went to in Lexington didn’t have very good service. The man there didn’t seem to wanna do anything for me. He was running around in circles. I went to Frankfort and got a whole lot better service. They have very good people and the woman there has done everything she could to make it better for me. At first, the hearing aid style I had was in the canal. Then, I went with the one behind the ear for better hearing. The price is a little bit high but the hearing aids are good and life is a whole lot better now. I can hear people when they’re talking and I understand them a little better. I don’t have to howl and they don’t have to howl.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I went into a Sears store and they had Miracle-Ear in there. They did a free test and told about my hearing loss. But at that time, I could not afford to buy hearing aids, so I waited. I was able to afford it, but then my dog ate one of my hearing aids. I went in again and they told me about the GENIUS hearing aid. I turned in the other one and got a credit and got the GENIUS. I really like them the best. It’s far and above the quality of the other hearing aids. I couldn't use a battery.

The hearing aids allow me to be in a group and still follow conversation. Whereas before, I had to be looking at someone who was talking all of the time. I’ve had three different technicians that I’ve worked with, and I’ve never had a bad experience with any of them. Bryan is who I work with now. He is quite personable and always willing to answer questions. I’m really, really pleased and I recommend Miracle-Ear to anybody who I believe is having issues with hearing.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I went to my local Miracle-Ear store as they were in network for my insurance. I was told twice by my insurance company that there was no out of pocket expense for hearing aids. After a hearing exam at Miracle-Ear, I was told that the cheapest set after a discount and insurance would be $3600.00. They stated my insurance only paid $750.00 per ear. I complained to my insurance company and told them their reimbursement was substandard. They again told me that the hearing aids were covered in full and that they had contacted Miracle-Ear regarding the matter and Michele would review the situation and what I was told with their "insurance people". It's been a while and I have heard nothing back. At this point in time I believe Miracle-Ear may have been trying to make a little extra on what the insurance pays them. Not a big confidence builder.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I'm retired now from when I worked and I used to attend a lot of meetings as a construction manager. It was pretty rough when I lost my hearing. I got the Miracle-Ear hearing aids because a guy I worked with recommended it. Although all these hearing aids are way overpriced, having them is very helpful to me to be successful in my job. I can watch television better, too. Also, the reps at Miracle-Ear has been great and they have been very helpful.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information