Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2082 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was in an airplane when my right eardrum blew. I had three holes in it and I had extreme trouble hearing in my right ear after that. Also, my left ear had been overused. At the time, I was going with a man who had the Miracle-Ear hearing aids and he loved them. So, I decided to get hearing aids from Miracle-Ear as well. When I went into the West Fargo store, their rep, Corey, told me that I'd better get hearing aids for both ears, so I did. I have them for about three years now and I love them.

For the first couple of years, the hearing aids worked great. But lately, when I put them on one adjustment, they don’t wait for me to change it to another adjustment. For instance, if I was in a crowd and I put my hearing aids in a noisy atmosphere mode, they'd jump into one of the other modes. So I have been constantly adjusting them, which is really a nuisance. I am also experiencing a few problems with my hearing and it seems that I have to go into Miracle-Ear to ask them what’s going on with my hearing aids. They might need some cleaning or my hearing has gotten worse. Since I live on social security and I can’t afford to get new ones, I’m stuck with what I have.

The rep at Miracle Ear told me that if something goes wrong, they’d cover it, so I’m gonna make him keep up his end of the bargain. But if I lost one of my hearing aids, that might be a different story altogether, though the rep didn’t go over that. But I keep up on my check-ups. Usually, when they give me the notice to come in, I do.

Other than that, the interactions I've had with the customer service reps at Miracle-Ear has been great. But there was this one girl I never liked. I would come in and she would have no time for anybody but her book and she wouldn’t look up or talk. I could tell she was only doing the job to make a few dollars. But they either fired her or she quit and the people at Miracle-Ear were glad because I talked to one of the guys there and he said that it wasn’t a loss when she left. And I could understand that because I’ve had businesses and customer service is hugely important. Now they got a new girl there, Anne, and she’s nice. I liked the rest of the team a lot.

I’ve also turned a lot of people over to Miracle-Ear. My daughter could have gone anywhere, but she went to Miracle-Ear because I recommended them. But she wasn’t happy about her experience at the West Fargo store because she was told something other than what they told her in Palm Springs when she was having trouble with her hearing aids. She bought the most expensive you could buy and the guy that worked with me didn’t quite tell her the truth on them. And when she was at Palm Springs, they said that she shouldn't have been charged the price she paid because what she got were not the top grade that she bought. So, she went back to the West Fargo store and straightened it out.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had Siemens for seven years and they weren’t working properly anymore. So, I looked around in the Vero Beach, Florida area and I found a Miracle-Ear dealer in the next town over in Sebastian, Florida and they treated me very well. They gave me a hearing test. I tried the product. It was better than the old hearing aids that I had from Siemens, so I purchased them. They were expensive, but up to this point, I’m pretty satisfied with it. I have some options that I use on my hearing aid. I can use the device that hangs around my neck and I can use it to hear my music while I’m taking my walk or I can answer the phone with it. I ordered the TV option where I could plug in and hear the TV through my hearing aids. They're a very flexible product. You gotta spend that kind of money, you might as well go with somebody who’s gonna take real good care of you.

Also, customer service is beyond excellent when I go in. From the first time, Cindy took her time with me. I went back a couple times to tweak some of the frequencies that I was having problems with. I have the worst time with female voices and especially when they’re low in tone. So, she took the time to retest and tweak the hearing aids to better enhance some of those frequencies and did her best to solve my problem. I would go there every three months and they would clean the earpieces and replace the ends and it was covered under warranty. I would do highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I worked at the Connecticut Junior Republic 20 years ago and was watching 24 young men at night. Sometimes, I could smell smoke, but I couldn’t hear things going on so maybe I have a little trouble hearing. And then they would do nasty things like come up and lip sync to me. But then when I say, “I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you,” and lean towards with one ear, they would absolutely scream at the top of their lungs, which is kind of a dirty trick.

I had several different choices but Miracle-Ear happened to be very close to where I live, it’s less than a mile away, I went in there and met Tammy and I was very impressed with her. Her attitude and professionalism were by far equal if not superior to the product. She made me very comfortable and relaxed. She answered any of my questions. If I had a problem with my hearing aid, the model where the big part of it goes behind my ear and then a little hearing thing goes right up into my ear, she explained what I was doing incorrectly.

Then eventually, after three years, she’s got a receptionist, a young woman by the name of Lindsey. She too is a perfect right-hand lady for Tammy because should I go in the Torrington Miracle-Ear store in need of a little brush or a battery, I'm totally satisfied when I walked outta that door. So far, I've had hearing aids from Miracle-Ear for five years now and have no problem with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have a total hearing loss due to head surgery that I had when I was sent to a hospital in Boston. I saw a big ad in the newspaper about a free hearing test and it mentioned Miracle-Ear so, I did the walk-in. The people I’ve been in contact there have been excellent and they’re always on time. There was only once when I had to wait for quite a while and no explanation was ever given to me. But the other times that I’ve been there, they’re very pleasant when I enter the place and they're friendly. The secretary calls me by my first name and there’s always coffee available and literature around.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was losing more hearing in my right ear than my left. I was in the printing trade for more than 40 years and I had had hearing aids earlier. They were more like earplugs and I didn't like them at all, so I didn't use them. And then, someone told me about Miracle-Ear and the type of hearing aid that would go into the ear and wrap around it. That's what I went for and that's what I'm using. They're very comfortable. I don't even know I have them on. It's very lightweight. I wear them all the time except in the gym.

There's two settings on the hearing aids. When I go into an area where it's loud, I can adjust it so that I can cut down on that loudness. And in my right ear where I have less hearing, it's equal with my left. I don't notice any difference. I hear well with both ears. I'm enjoying wearing the hearing aids. I have them more than a year now, and I've been paying them off, and it's not a hardship to do that. I should have done it before. I hear much better with them.

I go to a Miracle-Ear on 46 in Fairfield, New Jersey. It's very convenient for me to do that. They see me every few months. But in the beginning, they were seeing me every two weeks. I had one evaluation after the first year to see if anything had changed and they were very thorough. Whenever I go in to have them checked out, the staff sit me down. They're very courteous and make sure everything is working properly before I walk back out again. I would recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’m deaf in one ear, and my other ear is 90% deaf. Miracle-Ear sent me something in the mail and my wife said we should give them a try. We were gonna go someplace else, but Miracle-Ear was closer-- it is right around the corner. I went to Miracle-Ear and Jesse was there at the time in Vails Gate. He did a very good job and I’m very happy. He calls and checks up. And any time I needed to get in, he would get me in right away. He’s working now close to where my job is, so if I have a problem, I always shoot up to Nanuet and see him. But the girl there now at Vails Gate is also very good.

I had never worn hearing aids before and it took a little while to get used in wearing them. It’s on the outside of the ear and it is a little comfortable. I’m used to it now, so it’s not a big deal. It’s fun to hear things that I never heard before. I went back to Miracle-Ear a couple of times and Jesse took away the background noise. But other than that, it has been very good. Except for one time when I lost it in the lake fishing. It was under warranty back then, so Jesse quickly got me a brand-new one. The quality of my hearing aids is fine. Jesse said that by now I should be thinking about an upgrade. I’m just gonna wait a little while to go up and see him again. He said he wants to talk to my wife and I, go over the new technology and let me try one out to see how it fits my ear.

After being deaf in one ear, and not hearing too well in the other ear, the sound of birds and everything else was unreal. I live in the country, and I was missing out on a lot of stuff by going right out the front door. The first week I had the Miracle-Ear, I was totally amazed. I would stand outside on the deck and just listened to the birds singing. My experience with Miracle-Ear was very good. I’m very satisfied with Miracle-Ear and I would recommend them. If there was a way to let other people try the Miracle-Ear hearing aids for a day or two, they would be totally amazed at the difference.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I've been with Miracle-Ear for years and they've always worked to my needs. I have a very good office that I attend to in Arnold and their customer service is great. It was close to my home and their price was better-fitted for my budget. The quality of the products was very good. But there were two times where I had a problem and when I went in, it was immediately taken care of. I have the new hearing aid that is rechargeable. It goes through my phone and I hear my phone calls a whole lot better with it. However, the batteries wear out faster than I do and I have to get used to putting them on the charger during the day when I don’t need them. Other than that, the hearing aid seems to be working pretty well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My mother’s hearing is terrible. She is not completely deaf but she was always saying that she couldn’t understand. I decided to call Miracle-Ear and it just worked out wonderfully. The receptionist, Marcia, is exceptional. She has been with them for quite some time and she’s very efficient. Another rep, Eric, has won some commendations and I can understand why. He is very good. He even went out to the nursing home to clean my mother’s hearing aids recently because there was no way she could get out. One thing bad that I noticed though was that my mother hears herself differently now. They said she was gonna have to learn to hear differently because she was gonna sound different to herself. So, she speaks softer and it’s hard to understand her sometimes. I told Eric this and he said that this could happen. Other than that issue, Miracle-Ear as a company has been very good and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have tinnitus, and I got a notice in the mail from Miracle-Ear that they had a hearing aid I might be interested in. The price was considerably less than what I had been seeing at other places. So I tried it out and it really worked out good for me. I've worked with Ross, and he’s been really good. Any time I needed anything and went in there, he would take whatever problem I have. But I wound up going to a competitor to buy my hearing aid batteries because Miracle-Ear’s batteries is much more expensive. Since I’ve had the hearing aids, I thoroughly enjoy them because my hearing has greatly improved. However, I’m not always able to form all the words if someone speaks to me.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had a mild to medium hearing loss and I went to Miracle-Ear since I had been there with my husband. He had the hearing aids from them but he is now treated by the VA so he no longer goes there. I got the over the ear style with a small tube down the front of the ear. It helped me to hear much better. Their customer service was excellent and Tracy, the rep, was very friendly and willing to talk to you, not only about hearing aids.

I always went to my EMT and I know Miracle-Ear wouldn’t approve of that but I always double-check what my hearing loss was because I wanted to have a second opinion. I had a very good experience with Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids but when the new technology came out and I went to my EMT to have a checkup, I found out I could get the same technology for $2,000 less. So, I changed over to my EMT. Miracle-Ear’s service was fine and I have never had an issue with them. However, I would not recommend them. I would recommend a person to go to the doctor.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My husband's hearing loss was horrible. He drove a truck all his life and had the windows down with the air blowing in on it. He just had a tough time hearing anything. We had a friend that told us about Miracle-Ear. Their customer service has been 100% wonderful. They are the nicest people and they bend over backwards to make you comfortable and to make sure that you're hearing right. Michelle and her little helper, in particular, are nice as they could possibly be. They take into consideration my husband's hearing. Michelle wants to make sure that every time he has a visit there, his hearing is what it should be. They try to get as much background noise out as possible. That's really great.

My husband has the behind the ear hearing aid. He still has a little bit of trouble with the background noise and he still tells me I mumble. But overall, the hearing aid works well and he can understand other people much better. Miracle-Ear has been absolutely wonderful to him and I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

After living in almost silence in my left ear, and struggling with my right ear, Shane ** at the Miracle-Ear in Monroe Township, NJ, saw a man who needed help. I would like to thank him and staff member Helen for awakening my hearing. My gratitude always. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I had partial hearing loss and got hearing aids, but they didn't work out too good. I happen to run across this lady that has Miracle-Ear aid, and I've been with her ever since. I got the hearing aid over my ear, which is the latest one and is computerized build. The overall functionality of these aids is great. Also, Miracle-Ear's personnel are very helpful. They're always ready to go when I call them. When the battery of my aids went dead I called up and they said, "Come up here and we'll put it right back in." So, I run up there and they were standing there waiting for me. They put the battery in the hearing aids and they told me that they would see me when my appointment time comes. They've been very punctual and personal.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I got the Miracle-Ear hearing aid that goes over the ear as it was the one that was suggested. It’s great and with it, my hearing is clear. The rep Justin knows what he’s doing, and he likes to talk.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I went to visit the Rockford, MI office because I had noticed I wasn't hearing as well as I thought I should. Jane was warm and welcoming and truly caring. She brought in her colleague when she realized that my ears were completely impacted with ear wax. Because she recognized this problem, a half-hour later I was wax-free and could hear very well. When she gave me the hearing test, my hearing rated above normal! Something so simple, yet so important. I would recommend the Rockford office and Jane ** to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have partial hearing loss and I’ve been with Miracle-Ear for six years. I used to go to the Cranston store and they were great. They closed and so I went to the North Providence store. They were excellent. Now, I’m at the West Warwick store in Rhode Island and they are excellent also. Three years ago, I bought the latest model, an over-the-ear. I can hear a lot better, except when going into noisy conditions like in a restaurant -- it drives me crazy because I can’t hear anybody. The Miracle-Ear reps are excellent. If I call, they go in and they take care of me. They adjust and clean the hearing aids and they give me a hearing test.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My hearing loss was increasingly getting worse and I wasn’t recognizing how bad it was. I knew Miracle-Ear by name and I talked to my personal physician. He recommended an audiologist but he thought Miracle-Ear would be fine. The person I worked with in the office was exceptional. She was very professional and I can call at any time if I’m having any issues. She gets me in to either change the speakers or fix the wires. So, it’s been very good and I have no complaints.

The hearing aids that I got from Miracle-Ear were a little more expensive than the norm but it was very helpful and it has been good for me. Since having them, I could hear TV better, I could sit in a large group and distinguish voices and sit in church and hear the homily. The difference was noticeable from the get-go and my hearing improved overall. It’s a good product and they certainly do their homework. I’m happy with it and I would recommend somebody look at it to make their own decision.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I went in for a free evaluation and lucky for me everything is fine. I have gone to other places and was told my hearing was off and they tried to sell me expensive aid. It was so nice not to be given the runaround or lied to. I will be sure to go to Miracle Ears once a year. Sooner if needed. Their evaluation is always free.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I wear my Miracle-Ear hearing aids every day and they're wonderful. I can hear much better, my concentration is better, and everything is a plus. Also, everybody at Miracle-Ear has been great and my experience has been exceptional. The first doctor that I saw was wonderful and the reps were very considerate and helpful. I like their friendliness and the easy ability to make appointments.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I was losing background noise and I wasn’t picking up everybody’s conversation. A friend of my wife went to Miracle-Ear, so I tried them. I went there one day, got assessed, then the woman rep showed me what was wrong. Ever since, I’ve had them and it has been fine. So far, everything has been great with the people that I've dealt with. Originally, I went to the office in Algonquin, Illinois because I lived in that area. Then I moved further to the suburb called Hoffman Estates in the city of Chicago and there was a Miracle-Ear office five minutes from here, so I had everything transferred over.

The hearing aid style that I got has the main body behind the ear and there's a long, skinny tube that goes into my ear canal. Since having my hearing aid, I can hear everything. The TV doesn’t have to be on volume level 20 and I can hear it fine on 10. I can hear people talking. If I’m in a room with half a dozen people, I can hear everybody talking. It has been great and I would recommend Miracle-Ear to a friend. As a matter of fact, I told my brother-in-law to try them because he told me that he had a hard time hearing. I told him that I got a Miracle-Ear hearing aid and I love it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have partial hearing loss and I got a hearing aid from Miracle Ear. I selected the behind the ear model because it was the cheaper one. The reps were very helpful. The overall performance of my hearing aid has been good. Since I've had it, I don’t have to turn the TV up as loud as before and I am able to pick up on the lower-toned sounds. But the cost in relation to the quality of the hearing aid that I got was out of line from what I see lately with the hearing aids that are being advertised.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I went with Miracle-Ear for a couple years and then I went to somebody else. The last person I had was the one I had been seeing for the last two hearing aids. He took over it at some point when my time was up, and he rubbed me the wrong way. Prior to that though, I was happy with the experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had partial hearing loss over four years ago and I had another hearing aid provider that time. I stopped in and I talked to the manager of the store at my place at that time, and I signed up for Miracle-Ear and got the over the ear style with the tube design because I kept breaking the wires on the previous ones I had. The manager and another rep, Carrie were both good. I went for the testing and I had John do the hearing test. The hearing test went well, but the experience went downhill after that.

When he was doing the hearing test, his sole purpose was to try and sell me new hearing aids. I know that there are new innovations and he had the latest model sitting on the desk. I liked it. It was fantastic, but I wasn’t ready to put out the $6000 at that point. I told him I don't make decisions on the spot like that and that I’d have to think about it, but he didn't like that too much. My experience with Miracle-Ear was great until he went into the hard sell.

I’m still using the hearing aids I got four years ago, They are very good and they do what they are supposed to do. They allow me to hear normal sounds and I haven’t broken one of them. They are well-made and sturdy, but I had to replace one because I lost it in a hospital and Miracle-Ear was very generous and they offered to replace the one I lost. With the hearing aids, it has allowed me to continue living a normal life, but without them, I don’t get along with people and I constantly ask people to repeat things. It sounds stupid saying, “Huh? Huh?” all the time. It has been a plus having Miracle-Ear hearing aids and I never regretted it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My choosing Miracle-Ear over another hearing aid company was really a luck of the draw since their outlet was convenient and their rep was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Their customer service is excellent. When I need the service, it’s immediately available and pleasant. I can function with my Miracle-Ear hearing aids. With it, I can watch TV without blaring the neighborhood out. Its quality is good and its cost is comparable to other hearing aids of the same quality. Miracle-Ear works for me and I’m very satisfied with them. I would tell people to give them a whirl.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Before contacting Miracle-Ear, my wife was saying that I didn’t hear a lot, but after I got my hearing aids, everything was fine. Frank, from Miracle-Ear, checks my ears out and he makes sure everything is okay. There are no problems with the hearing aids, but he adjusts them if I need to. So go to Miracle-Ear. It's very nice.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We moved from a larger city to a smaller town and I had my ear tested by a medical doctor, so I knew what my hearing aid issue was. Then, Miracle-Ear happened to be periodically in our area where I live now. It was a well-known product so, I went with them. The rep has been great. I make my appointments and she comes to a local area here so, it’s very convenient.

I have problems understanding speech. I hear sound but I can’t always understand a word. I got the in-the-ear style which was supposedly one that could be adjusted easily for my hearing deficiencies and it also wasn’t quite so obvious. So far, the functionality and performance are both very good. Miracle-Ear has helped me in conversation situations. Otherwise, I would probably be sitting there and nodding my head, not knowing what the other person is saying. I wish the Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids weren’t so expensive but we’re paying for the service and me not having to drive 80 miles to get them checked on a regular basis.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had a high pitch sound deafness. I could understand speech close to me, but in a distance, I have some hearing loss. Miracle-Ear sent me an advertisement and they were coming to Pensacola, which was near where I live. They wanted to know if I want an appointment so I did and went in just for a test to see what they found. I saw and liked what they offered. The hearing aid I got from them fits behind the ear with a little plug that goes inside. I liked it better than the others that were offered at the time. In terms of its cost in relation to its quality, it's comparable. My hearing aids have been working with me slowly correcting the hearing loss. If I need an adjustment to my aids, all I do is call and they set me an appointment. I go in and they take care of it. They're very professional and friendly. It's just like visiting a friend. I'm happy with the service that I've gotten from them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The service and the plan Miracle-Ear had was really good. My interactions with their staff are very good, too. Their knowledge is very good. If I called and have a problem, they’d schedule me that day. I have hearing aids that are out around the ear. My hearing is too far gone for just the inner ear, which I had for a while. I had partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has had a very good impact on my life. But now, one ear has full hearing loss and since I have more hearing loss, the hearing aids are not helping me very much. The cost is high, but for what they do, it’s good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I suggest you move cautiously with Miracle-Ear. They make the sell very quick, then you're vulnerable. Our purchase was in Sept 2018. Ownership has been problematic. Issues with charger - 2 times, issues with syncing several times. Read the replacement policy and you'll avoid the problems we are having. The pricing is hidden and appears based on ability to pay (insurance gouging). Try to reach corporate... impossible. The $7,500 aids were billed to my insurance for over $16,000. That price settled on over $9,400 with my insurance - no one will explain. Everyone I talk to is not the right person. They might work on a wear-down theory and it works. We will be throwing away these and purchase somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My wife thought my hearing was really bad. Miracle-Ear had a special going on. I work for the government and the government kicked in so much of the money to purchase my hearing aids. My wife, my technician, and the guy that fitted me said that eventually, I needed the hearing aids. Without my hearing aids, I have a hard time hearing some more toned voices. I’m a lot more comfortable with the hearing aids than I am without them. I can hear conversations a lot better so they’re a plus for me.

I like Miracle-Ear and I’ve been really happy with them. The quality is great. The hearing aids are programmable. I have a hard time hearing in church and they put something in the church that I can just tune my hearing aids to. It is some kind of a circular antenna within the church that broadcast to my hearing aids. That was a plus for me. The other hearing aids did not have that.

If I’d go buy another set, I’d go back to Miracle-Ear again. I get good service from them. I had suggested to all of my friends to go to Miracle-Ear but they told me they could go somewhere else cheaper. But they don’t get the support that I get from Miracle-Ear. I can go back to my Miracle-Ear store, and I set up an appointment. I go back about every three months and if I have a problem at any time, I can call. They'd work me right into their schedule and take care of me.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information