Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A trusted resource for hearing solutions for over 65 years, Miracle-Ear uses state-of-the-art technology to remove the barriers of hearing loss. Miracle-Ear specializes in customizable hearing solutions that feature discreet, comfortable products designed to meet each individual's hearing loss needs. Contact us today to schedule your free hearing checkup at any all of the company's over 1,200 franchised locations across the U.S. At Miracle-Ear, we believe there’s no need to live without all the important sounds in your life.

Miracle-Ear Video
Miracle-Ear Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2086 Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had partial hearing loss over four years ago and I had another hearing aid provider that time. I stopped in and I talked to the manager of the store at my place at that time, and I signed up for Miracle-Ear and got the over the ear style with the tube design because I kept breaking the wires on the previous ones I had. The manager and another rep, Carrie were both good. I went for the testing and I had John do the hearing test. The hearing test went well, but the experience went downhill after that.

When he was doing the hearing test, his sole purpose was to try and sell me new hearing aids. I know that there are new innovations and he had the latest model sitting on the desk. I liked it. It was fantastic, but I wasn’t ready to put out the $6000 at that point. I told him I don't make decisions on the spot like that and that I’d have to think about it, but he didn't like that too much. My experience with Miracle-Ear was great until he went into the hard sell.

I’m still using the hearing aids I got four years ago, They are very good and they do what they are supposed to do. They allow me to hear normal sounds and I haven’t broken one of them. They are well-made and sturdy, but I had to replace one because I lost it in a hospital and Miracle-Ear was very generous and they offered to replace the one I lost. With the hearing aids, it has allowed me to continue living a normal life, but without them, I don’t get along with people and I constantly ask people to repeat things. It sounds stupid saying, “Huh? Huh?” all the time. It has been a plus having Miracle-Ear hearing aids and I never regretted it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My choosing Miracle-Ear over another hearing aid company was really a luck of the draw since their outlet was convenient and their rep was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Their customer service is excellent. When I need the service, it’s immediately available and pleasant. I can function with my Miracle-Ear hearing aids. With it, I can watch TV without blaring the neighborhood out. Its quality is good and its cost is comparable to other hearing aids of the same quality. Miracle-Ear works for me and I’m very satisfied with them. I would tell people to give them a whirl.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Before contacting Miracle-Ear, my wife was saying that I didn’t hear a lot, but after I got my hearing aids, everything was fine. Frank, from Miracle-Ear, checks my ears out and he makes sure everything is okay. There are no problems with the hearing aids, but he adjusts them if I need to. So go to Miracle-Ear. It's very nice.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We moved from a larger city to a smaller town and I had my ear tested by a medical doctor, so I knew what my hearing aid issue was. Then, Miracle-Ear happened to be periodically in our area where I live now. It was a well-known product so, I went with them. The rep has been great. I make my appointments and she comes to a local area here so, it’s very convenient.

I have problems understanding speech. I hear sound but I can’t always understand a word. I got the in-the-ear style which was supposedly one that could be adjusted easily for my hearing deficiencies and it also wasn’t quite so obvious. So far, the functionality and performance are both very good. Miracle-Ear has helped me in conversation situations. Otherwise, I would probably be sitting there and nodding my head, not knowing what the other person is saying. I wish the Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids weren’t so expensive but we’re paying for the service and me not having to drive 80 miles to get them checked on a regular basis.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I had a high pitch sound deafness. I could understand speech close to me, but in a distance, I have some hearing loss. Miracle-Ear sent me an advertisement and they were coming to Pensacola, which was near where I live. They wanted to know if I want an appointment so I did and went in just for a test to see what they found. I saw and liked what they offered. The hearing aid I got from them fits behind the ear with a little plug that goes inside. I liked it better than the others that were offered at the time. In terms of its cost in relation to its quality, it's comparable. My hearing aids have been working with me slowly correcting the hearing loss. If I need an adjustment to my aids, all I do is call and they set me an appointment. I go in and they take care of it. They're very professional and friendly. It's just like visiting a friend. I'm happy with the service that I've gotten from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Miracle-Ear?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The service and the plan Miracle-Ear had was really good. My interactions with their staff are very good, too. Their knowledge is very good. If I called and have a problem, they’d schedule me that day. I have hearing aids that are out around the ear. My hearing is too far gone for just the inner ear, which I had for a while. I had partial hearing loss and Miracle-Ear has had a very good impact on my life. But now, one ear has full hearing loss and since I have more hearing loss, the hearing aids are not helping me very much. The cost is high, but for what they do, it’s good. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I suggest you move cautiously with Miracle-Ear. They make the sell very quick, then you're vulnerable. Our purchase was in Sept 2018. Ownership has been problematic. Issues with charger - 2 times, issues with syncing several times. Read the replacement policy and you'll avoid the problems we are having. The pricing is hidden and appears based on ability to pay (insurance gouging). Try to reach corporate... impossible. The $7,500 aids were billed to my insurance for over $16,000. That price settled on over $9,400 with my insurance - no one will explain. Everyone I talk to is not the right person. They might work on a wear-down theory and it works. We will be throwing away these and purchase somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My wife thought my hearing was really bad. Miracle-Ear had a special going on. I work for the government and the government kicked in so much of the money to purchase my hearing aids. My wife, my technician, and the guy that fitted me said that eventually, I needed the hearing aids. Without my hearing aids, I have a hard time hearing some more toned voices. I’m a lot more comfortable with the hearing aids than I am without them. I can hear conversations a lot better so they’re a plus for me.

I like Miracle-Ear and I’ve been really happy with them. The quality is great. The hearing aids are programmable. I have a hard time hearing in church and they put something in the church that I can just tune my hearing aids to. It is some kind of a circular antenna within the church that broadcast to my hearing aids. That was a plus for me. The other hearing aids did not have that.

If I’d go buy another set, I’d go back to Miracle-Ear again. I get good service from them. I had suggested to all of my friends to go to Miracle-Ear but they told me they could go somewhere else cheaper. But they don’t get the support that I get from Miracle-Ear. I can go back to my Miracle-Ear store, and I set up an appointment. I go back about every three months and if I have a problem at any time, I can call. They'd work me right into their schedule and take care of me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I didn’t know I was losing that much hearing until I had a hearing test. I got another set of hearing aids down in the valley and whenever something went wrong, I had to drive to the valley. So when I was getting a little disgusted with the whole thing, I went to Miracle-Ear and it was very satisfactory. I got good hearing aids. I didn’t get any cheapos and I’m very satisfied with it.

I got the hearing aid that goes on top of the ear with a little tube that goes in my ear. I got the best one they had at the time. They had a fellow up here, Brandon, and this young man was absolutely terrific. When he quit his job the person that took his place is also good. I wish Brandon would come back though. And then there’s Lana who’s the receptionist. She’s a terrific person too because sometimes, I just go in there and have them clean that little microphone part out. I don’t have to make an appointment. She takes care of that for me. Miracle-Ear have great service and I can hear better.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I’ve had hearing loss for a long time. I already had Miracle-Ear and they had been very good. My hearing recently got worse and I had to do something fairly fast. The ones I had were for less hearing loss than what I have. I got the behind the ear model from Miracle-Ear and it's incredible. It’s a larger unit and their battery has more power. They’re not as pretty and they’re not as invisible, but I don’t care. I’m happy and I don’t have any problem with it. They’ve also always been good whenever I’ve had any problem. They’ve taken care of it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I've been with Miracle-Ear for more than 20 years and they've done a great job for me. I've been very happy and pleased since the first day, and that's the reason I stay with them. Their reps have been the best as well. The hearing aids that I got a few months ago were very good and my phone hooks up to them. It's one of the best hearing aids I ever had. It costs a little high, but it has very good quality.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I have a gradual hearing loss. It was from flying private airplanes with my husband and not wearing a headphone. I didn't really like the hearing aid I initially had. I can’t have something that’s completely blocking my ear. I switched and whatever Miracle-Ear has does the job for me. People should absolutely go for it. But getting hearings aids that fitted me best was a trial and error process. They said they had what I needed and they did. I’m happy with my Miracle-Ear system. Their customer service has been wonderful. But $6,000 for a pair of hearing aids seems high to me. That seems to be the going rate for a decent pair, though. My first pair of hearing aids was approximately that rate too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I'm very dissatisfied with Miracle-Ear. It's way too expensive and the insurance doesn’t touch it. While their people are really nice, I don't think their hearing aid is what I need. Also, the problem is that I could hear certain tones but couldn’t hear the other tones. I’ve been back to them several times and it doesn’t change.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had a brand-new truck. I saw the blinkers flashing but I never heard the actual click click until I got my hearing aids. My wife took me to Miracle-Ear and I got the behind the ear model. I didn’t know they were that expensive when I got them considering my insurance didn’t cover any of it, so it was a shock. But I like it and the technician that I first saw when I went in there was also very helpful. I had a little hiccup and took it back to them and they took care of it. They had to send it back to the manufacturer and they replaced the whole thing at no cost after warranty. Talking to them when setting up an appointment is not a problem too. I could call them and they'd ask when would I come in. It's that easy.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had about a 40% loss of hearing in my left ear. I was in New Jersey at the time I purchased my Miracle-Ear. But I was moving from there to Florida and I wanted to deal with people that I knew would be in Florida. Now that I'm living in Florida, I still have the use of the availability of the people. My interactions with their reps were very good. And I’m hearing much better now. It’s very expensive, but I’m happy and very satisfied with the equipment I have.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I’m 85 years old, my hearing is not good, and I have a hole in my left eardrum. I talked to a lot of people who have hearing aids and most of them went to Costco. They can't hear anything and their hearing aids are in the drawers. I went to Miracle-Ear to talk to them. Their guy Trevor knew what he was talking about. He was very nice and he went out of his way to talk me through things. He told me the pros and cons. He was somebody I could trust and would be right by me. Another staff at Miracle-Ear is Naomi who's at the desk. She's a real peach. She welcomes us in, talks to us, and does a lot of stuff when Trevor’s not there.

I have one hearing aid that I have problems with. One of my ears has wax and the other is really dry. The dry one gets flakes in it and that plugs the holes. I give Miracle-Ear a call and am told to bring the hearing aids there and it'd be looked at. Their staff cleaned them up and they were ready to go again. I would like the hearing aids to be a lot less but sometimes, you get what you pay for. I've had them for four years now and there’s no cost when I go to the store. They call me twice a year to come in and have the hearing aids checked over.

Now, with the hole in my eardrum, I had to go to a specialist. There's nothing they could do but surgery, so I'm having that. I went to Miracle-Ear and they upped the hearing aid to what they could. For a while, it was fine. They told me it may get louder and it did. I went in again and they turned it down for me. Six months later, it seemed like my kids were hollering at me. I went back to the store and they turned the hearing aid down. I went back in about last week and I asked them to turn it up a little bit. All of those were done without any cost.

I recommend Miracle-Ear all the time. I even talked to the people in here and told them to get their hearing aids out of their drawers and wear them. One lady said the other night, she was having a buzz in her eardrum because the battery on her hearing aid is going dead. I could not tell if she had a hearing aid in because she still couldn’t hear us. I think that these people are wasting their money. I get such care from Miracle-Ear and I’m happy. They've been pretty helpful. They're an A plus for me.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My hearing was pretty bad and I got an over-the-ear hearing aids from Miracle-Ear. The hearing aids have been good. Chad is my main guy, and I love him dearly. He does everything he can to help me when I have an issue. If I call when something's not working right, all the girls also get me in as fast as they can. The front desk girl is really nice. Everybody has been wonderful. I love them up there. They're so friendly and so accommodating.

However, the cost is almost prohibitive and insurance doesn't cover it. The only reason that I could even get them was because we had gotten some settlement. But the hearing aids helped. I can hear. I don't have to have my TV blurring as much. I still have to use closed captioning because there are still things that I can't hear, but it really helped a lot.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I’ve had Miracle hearing aids for at least eight years now and just keep trading up. Their reps are knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions which is a big deal to me. They know what they are doing besides being courteous. If I tell them I'm having trouble hearing my granddaughter who speaks soft in high tones, they adjust it and try something else. The hearing aids work for me and I will be horrible if I don't have it. Miracle-Ear is the best it can be.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My hearing loss started gradually. It started in one ear and then on both ears. My hearing aid sits over my ears. I used to use the rechargeable batteries, and then I quit messing with them. I first started with one inside, and it just didn’t seem to work out satisfactory, and now, mine are both outside up onto. The hearing aids have worked extremely well. My hearing seems to be much stabilized. Their reps were excellent when I go in. The people that work there and the quality of the product impressed me. Having Miracle-Ear impacted my life quite a bit. I don’t have to keep asking my wife what she said. Mine is the kind that cuts out the background noise. I paid $5,700 for them, which I thought was extremely reasonable. I recommended a friend of mine who's having a hearing aid problem to go to Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have a partial hearing loss and some friends recommended Miracle-Ear. The people at Miracle-Ear are friendly and attentive to my problems. And the check-ups that I went to were very good and professional. Doug at the Miracle-Ear place recommended an over the ear hearing aid and that was the style I went with. The hearing aids work very well most of the time. There are occasional times when I have a problem hearing people, but my hearing is 100% better than what it was before.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I hear voices and things a lot better since having Miracle-Ear. I usually go to their office about every four months and have them cleaned and checked over, and the people have been good.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I’ve had Miracle-Ear now about 15 years, and I have a regular guy here in Yuma but he sold out and went to France. And the other guy left, so we got new guys part-timing there, and they’re not doing as good as what the other guys did. But I haven’t had any major problems. I’ve had a couple of hearing aids that acted up and had to go back. But overall, it’s pretty good-quality and a pretty good unit. I’ve recommended Miracle-Ear because they’ve treated me right and they’ve taken good care of me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

My hearing loss is a little fuzzy before I contacted Miracle-Ear. I went somewhere else before I got to them, but Miracle-Ear was more professional. The style of hearing aid I got from them goes in my ear and around it. With it, I can hear things much clearer. Also, the reps whom I worked with were great. The only thing about it is this whole thing has been really dramatic for me because by me having a severe ear infection and that’s what made me lose partial hearing. But the representatives at Miracle-Ear and the girl at the front desk, both of them, are just wonderful. For them to say that if I ever need them, they're there for me means so much.

Though the quality of the hearing aid I got is good, the cost was dramatic. I'm retired and I had to wait a whole year before I could get it because I had to save up just for the down payment. I'm still paying on it. I noticed now that they have another company out now and their hearing aid is only $599, where I paid over $3,000. It's a huge difference especially for someone on a budget. I personally feel that it should be a little cheaper for people than what it is. Other than that, I would recommend Miracle-Ear.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have partial hearing loss and I got a good Miracle-Ear hearing aid. I’m satisfied. The device helped me considerably. There are times when I still have problems. But that’s to be expected at my age. At my age I’m doing very well. The hearing aid seems to be everything that it was supposed to.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We use the guy in Miracle-Ear over in Beaumont, Texas and his name is Landon. He knows what he's doing. His very nice and knowledgeable. Him and his associates are real great people. They’re keeping the hearing aids up and I highly recommend them. The hearing aids were also easy to use and the Miracle-Ear team services it. It's rechargeable, so they are expensive. But hearing is very important too. We have recommended Miracle-Ear a lot.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Miracle-Ear's reps have been good to me. I bought the over the ear model with the thing going into the ear. It cost $6,000. I really don't like them though. The rep gave me a couple of new tips for them and told me she thought that would help. When I watch TV, the sound sounds like the people are whispering loud, but it's echoing. Sometimes, when people are talking to me and they're right up close, I can't understand what they're saying either. Sometimes, it's the tone of the voice.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I’ve been with Miracle-Ear for about 20 years. Their customer service was great. I’ve been going to her for quite some time. I got the most expensive hearing aid right and I can hear better and clearer with it. I’d recommend Miracle-Ear. They've been in business for a long time, so it’s not a flyby operation.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I got my first Miracle-Ear hearing aids from Frank back in 1998. I bought three sets from him and I’m quite happy with him. The staff were wonderful and the hearing aids work. The last time I was there, they put another program on them so that I could hear TV. But it makes it too loud. When I’m in church or other places, I turn it down as far as I can, and it’s still too loud, so I wind up taking them out of my ears. I need to go back and have them adjusted. Nevertheless, I’m very satisfied with Miracle-Ear and I keep going back for more. And I have recommended them to other people.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I experienced hearing loss in a live setting where I was part of a presentation and taking questions from the audience. Fortunately, I knew what the questions were gonna be so, I had the answers ready because I couldn’t hear the questions coming from a lot of the audience members depending on how close or far they were from the stage. I didn’t know that I was having any loss until then and I decided that I had to get a hearing aid. There were tons of companies and brands and so, it was a coin toss. I got in with a cheap mail-order class where I bought one hearing aid because they were expensive for me at that time and I couldn’t afford a pair of them. That helped a lot but I realized that it wasn’t doing what I needed it to do, so I called Miracle-Ear.

Everybody was very diligent, caring and professional. It was an excellent experience and the customer service was personal which carries a great deal of weight for me. The person at Miracle-Ear pulled out a set, had me try it on and it sounded very good which was what made up my mind. I paid a lot of money for the hearing aid and I was fortunate enough to be able to afford it. However, Miracle-Ear came out with a new software for the same model or for the newer models of the same hearing aid but I could not access that. The software was not upgradeable and for it to be one, I would’ve to spend another 7,500 which is ridiculous and not fair to the consumers.

If I pay 700 bucks for an iPhone, there are periodic software updates and it’s the same thing with my iPad and Mac Air computer. There are always upgrades but they don’t ask you for any money. It’s just a little window that pops up and says, “Do you wanna do it now or do you wanna do it later?” That’s the way it should be for Miracle-Ear. There is no reason why they have advanced upgrades and they’re not available to previous users of very similar set of hearing aids. Nevertheless, since wearing them, I can hear sounds. Sometimes, it gets a little loud but other than that, it’s okay.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Miracle-Ear is my fourth set of hearing aids. I had had three other sets from a different company, and I found that the ones that I got from Miracle-Ear were the best I’ve ever had. The service that I get from the people down here at the local office is fantastic. They’re good people and easy to get along with. If I need any adjustments, they take care of it. Not too long ago, the hearings aids were not coordinated. When I increased the volume, one was different from the other, and then Miracle-Ear sent me a different new set. The cost is over $6,000. It’s spendy, but I’ve been more than satisfied with Miracle-Ear.

Miracle-Ear Hearing Aids Company Information