2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

3.7/5 (165 ratings)

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

About MDHearingAid

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Free hearing test
    • Fully online
    • Affordable
    • 45-day trial

Cons

• Limited options
    • No custom fits

Bottom Line

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I'm still trying different settings and different modes but my new hearing aids are working great. I can actually hear now! I've already recommended them to my Grampy and his are in the works. And yes I will recommend to friends and family.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was amazed with the increased ability to hear but I could not get a good fit. Also, the outside noises that I was receiving while in a crowd of people was more than I could handle. I wish that I could have adapted.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I am pleased with my hearing aids but not with customer support. I wrote two weeks ago about poor battery life and have not received a reply. I am only getting twelve days on batteries while only wearing them about five or six hours day.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I had to send my hearing aids back because the thing that goes over the ear was too big. I was given a refund right away. They were very helpful in sending me a return package. Was very happy with their response to my situation.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

My experience has been very good. I am a long time hearing aid user and decided to update to more technically advanced and modern hearing aids. I have not been disappointed in the Core MD Hearing Aids.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I love these hearing aids. It did seem I had waited a long while to get them. But they are superior to anything I've used. Even the pair I bought from. A hearing specialist for $3500. Which I seldom wear. I even told a girl at work to buy them..We are services reps who wear headsets all day long. This aid is the only one that works with a headset.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

For the price, I feel the MD Hearing AIDS are a good investment. I feel they aren't as sturdy and will probably not hold up near as long as a much higher priced aid but for the price it can’t be beat.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have no complaints. I can hear more clearly. I can, with a little fiddling with the channels hear in every environment I have been in so far. The CH 1 works well, but some environments change quickly so some times I use the ch. Buttons. I made a very purchase.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Very happy with this product; accurate description met expectations. They work great, exceeded the performance of previous Hearing Aids from Miracle-Ear that were way overpriced and failed a couple of times, and repair costs were prohibitive.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had a MD Air for 7 years before it finally tore up. I immediately bought 2 more and I highly recommend them to anyone... incredible quality at an incredible cost. They are as good or better than brands costing Thousands of dollars. Skip the middleman.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

MDHearingAid is an excellent company to work with. They are responsive to customer situations, provide a quality product and are customer-focused. Their warranty is clearly written and backed up by quality customer support.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I had realized I needed assistance in the hearing department and had gone to a consumer hearing aid store and got a test and tried two different models of hearing aids. I'm on social security so price was, and always is, a factor. The two I tried didn't impress me. The sales rep allowed me to keep both of the models for up to one month. At the end of both trial periods I was very disappointed with hearing aids. The costs were almost $1000 for the first one and $2500 for the second one. I could not notice any improvement in my hearing with either one. I was going to be content to just not hear well. Then a friend said he saw an ad on TV and the price was reasonable, and there was a trial period with no obligation. I reluctantly said I would try.

I ordered the AIR model. When it came I read the information and started to put my aid into the ear canal. Before I was finished I heard things I hadn't heard in years. I was shocked! Since I got the MD Hearing Aids I am not always saying "What, what?" They are inexpensive and they WORK! I love them and they are easy to set up and easy to put in your ear, I can't say enough about these hearing aids!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

MD Air. Have been using two for several years now and always happy with their performance. The 3 settings work well for controlling background noise and the battery life is amazing. Add the low cost and you can't beat their overall quality and value.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I needed a hearing aid one time and MDHearingAid's units looked like a good deal. Their reps were very nice and the hearing aids I got having been working so far.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I ordered mine online and the sales team was great. My wife and I listen to a lot of books on tape and it makes a world of difference.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I happen to look online and saw an ad for MD Hearing Aid. Since that time whenever I open my phone and go to the google app I am besieged with ads for them. It is at a rate of more than 10 per minute. I can’t read anything else on my phone because md hearing aid continually interrupts me. I may be old fashioned, but that is a real deterrent to me wanting to do business with that company. I asked them to lay off my email but they won’t. Very annoying!???

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I called MDHearingAid and left my name. They then sent me my hearing aids. I've worn them several times but I'm not crazy about them because I don't think I really need them that badly. Still, everything is much louder and clearer with my hearing aids.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Before, MDHearing aids were more expensive. I liked that idea of price and called them up. I told them what I wanted and got a hearing aid that fits on top of my ear. I had a little trouble with the little whiskers that go inside the ear and trying to keep them in place. I had a hearing aid before which is stuck in the inside of my ear. That was always uncomfortable and hard to get in and out. The ones I got now are so much better and I'm satisfied with them. I hear things a little better and can engage in conversation with people when I couldn't before.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Everything is good, but I'm having some issues with my hearing. It is muffled right now. Not very clear like it was. I have some sinus issues and don't know if that's the problem. 2 weeks ago I was turning the sound of the TV down now I'm turning it up. My husband is upset because he has to repeat things if I'm busy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I lost the original one, and when I went to replace it, I just went back to the same one. The other reason is they do what they're supposed to do. And the price is fairly reasonable. It was a two for four and I couldn't turn that down. The only thing that I'm skeptical of is the batteries. They're junk and I don't use them. I can't believe how bad they are. It's not that the hearing aid won't turn on, but it skips. I took the battery out, put the Energizer in it and it's working fine again.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My husband and I have been taking turns with the hearing aid. My husband is finding it helpful when he’s in a group, like when he's in a bible class, so that he doesn’t have to keep asking what is being said. That’s the best use of it that we’ve had. But one of my problems is being able to hear people close to me when there’s a lot of noise around. And I have not found it as helpful with that as I had hoped.

We both tested at Costco, and our hearing losses are very similar both in degree and in terms of the frequencies that are hard for us to hear. They gave us a hearing aid to wear around the store and we didn’t feel that was a very good test. But basically, theirs was 1,500 and MDHearingAid's was 400, and so we decided to try the 400 before we went to the 1,500. I like the program where we can set it when wearing it because I can hear the little beeps. But the volume is very hard to set when wearing it because it’s just a gradual movement from one level to the next. But I understand there’s a more deluxe version that allows you to make those adjustments on your phone.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

My MDHearingAid came quickly and I can hear with it. But if somebody has an accent or is talking fast, or there are people around them, I can’t hear anything and I don't understand anything. I’m having trouble with them and it’s probably me adjusting them or I just can’t get used to them. I’ve had them for a few months now but I haven’t been wearing them all the time ‘cause I get in certain areas where it’s either too loud or I don't understand with the thing in. Still, they are nice. My one ear is a little bad, but I can hear out of it.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

This is my second set of hearing aids and an upgrade from the first set I wore for over two years. This set was to be an improvement, but the quality is not there. As the volume increases they become tinney in sound. The battery life is very short. The battery can register as having power on the tester, but the hearing aid will report low battery. Very disappointed in the product.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We needed hearing aids and MD sounded all right with us. We've had it for about three months and it works when we use it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

For the price these hearing aids work very well. There are some things I haven't heard in quite13 some time. My only complaint is they amplify the higher sounds (the crinkling of paper, running water, women's high pitched voices, etc.) more than the normal speech of the average voice. Understanding people is still a little bit difficult, but better. For price I will keep them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The hearing aids do help me. I started with the thin tubing, was constantly adjusting the hearing, it finally just quit, I changed to the high volume kit. It works much better with less adjusting. I still have not used the right ear aid. I told the lady when I ordered my right ear was good. My left ear went bad when I had blisters on my eardrum. How can I get my money back. The pro body is so large I cannot imagine wearing 2 of these things. My ears are not that big. Thank you, Joan

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My MDHearingAid device is battery-operated and it seem to work best for me. I have used another one before where you have to plug those in, and they have to charge at night. I had difficulty with that because I’m an older person. I like the batteries because you can put the batteries in and they are okay. I ordered them online and everything went fine. I saw what they had and I went ahead and ordered them. I’ve had them ever since, and they have been comfortable for me. My right ear is fine. I can hear good out of that. If I have a hearing aid in my left ear and none in my right ear, I’m fine. But I put the right one in once in a while, especially if we’re going to be in a group so I can try to hear everything. Every once in a while, I get frustrated with the hearing aids because they would start whistling, but I think that was my fault. Overall, the quality of life for me has changed because my wife does not have to yell at me anymore.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I was disappointed as soon as I received the hearing aids to find out they are much larger than regular hearing aids. Nothing on their website indicated they were that big, in face the website said they fit 'discreetly' behind the ear. They were so large and not discreet behind my ear so returned them right away but had to pay almost $10 to return them. I asked if they would cover postage because I felt they were misrepresented but they said flat out NO. Costco has much better hearing aids and for only $400 more than their premium.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I recently purchased a pair of the AIR hearing aids with small tubing. I can't get enough volume and I think maybe of MD aids were great until one o I can't get enough volume with the small tubes. I believe larger tubing would solve this problem. I own an older pair of MD hearing aids with larger tubing; Those worked great until one of them stopped working at all. On those I needed to use the larger tubes. I'm not sure if I have to order larger tubes or not.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We hope you will enjoy the wider tubing we ordered for you.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have been most satisfied with my purchase of MDHearingAids...Quite a difference from the ones I left behind in quality as well as price!!! Shortly, I will be contacting MD for my wife, when she is ready for new aids!

MDHearingAid Company Information