3.9/5 (157 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

View Plans

About MDHearingAid

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Free hearing test
    • Fully online
    • Affordable
    • 45-day trial

Cons

• Limited options
    • No custom fits

Bottom Line

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: April 7, 2021

Although I upgraded from the Volt Hearing Aid model to the Core, I can recommend the Volt very highly as far as the clarity and sound features are. I had no problems getting the aids to working and could change the setting as I deemed necessary. If I had a complaint it would be the Volt hearing aids were a bit bulky and did not fit comfortable behind my ears. That is the reason I chose to upgrade my hearing aids to a set that are slightly smaller. Working with the customer service representatives at MDHearing Aids was very professional and I was treated with the greatest of respect.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Tried Miracle Ear and Beltone. Both gave me back my money and said we can't fit you.. They were (over 1000 each). This really works for me. Tried many others. Tried the non medical ones in desperation also... You ARE THE best of them All

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Great aids for the price. Sound quality is excellent. Replacement parts are overpriced though. Ear tube attachment could be easily re-engineered to prevent cross threading. Nice to hear again. Highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I can hear again. Cost-wise MDHearing is much less than traditional hearing aids, but is still a hearing aid, not a hearing amplifier. I purchased the rechargeable units. The pair cost me $600. I could not afford the $1500 per ear that "normal" hearing aids cost for their base lines. 2 thumbs up for MDHearing Aids.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This MD hearing aid is equal to the hearing aid store $5000 plus hearing aids. I think there may be 1 or 2 hearing aid manufacturers making hearing aids for all companies, that's the reason why they are all so similar except for price so why pay $5000. Plus when the quality is all the same.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I sent back the hearing aids because they didn’t feel right for me. But they were okay and comfortable. I even tried some different tips on them, but after a while, I kept them off more than I had them on. Then I thought, I’m not gonna buy hearing aids if I’m not gonna wear them all the time. I had tried a pair before MDHearingAid. It had a Bluetooth effect and they were really nice. I liked them but they were way expensive. So I didn’t go with them either. I have a little bit of a hearing loss, but it’s not that bad. I need a hearing aid but I’m not gonna wear them until I really know I have to absolutely wear them to hear.

Original review: April 27, 2020

The hearing aids work good. MDHearingsAids call it the VOLT, which is the rechargeable stuff. I had some others and I finally just quit using them. I thought my hearing was getting bad enough that I wasn't having something strong enough, but these ones are on a fairly low setting and they're doing fine. I'm very impressed with them. The earpieces that came with them fit wonderfully. They're better than I imagined.

Original review: April 26, 2020

The MDHearingAid gentleman I talked to explained everything to me and told me to give him a call if I had any problems. I could afford to buy MDHearingAid, which was mostly why I got it. I was also satisfied that I had the opportunity to buy it and if I didn’t like it, I could send it back. It's comfortable when you put it in and doesn't bother you. I like it better than the ones that the doctors put in my ears.

I could hear people, but I couldn’t understand what they were saying. If I have the hearing aid in, I can hear everything that there is. But I don’t wear it very much anymore because I hear too much. It’s hard to get it adjusted to where you can get relaxed with it. I can hardly hear anything out of my right ear. But if I have a hearing aid in my left ear, I hear everything that’s behind me and everything that’s in front of me. However, I hear it all at the same time and if I turn it down, I can hardly hear anything behind me. Otherwise, it works pretty well as long as nobody else is talking.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I couldn’t hear too good and called MDHearingAid to try them out. I have to keep changing the hearing aid to the right sound. When I go to church and the music gets higher, I turn them down a little bit. Sometimes when I pull to take the hearing aids out, the end of the little tube that goes to my ear stays in my ear.

Original review: April 20, 2020

MDHearingAid seemed to be the best deal. When I was out and about and wearing the hearing aid, it made a world of difference. When people talk low, I can hear them now and the background noise isn't like it used to be. It’s hard to get them to fit on right to get them comfortable. Some of the other companies had different-sized earplugs and MDHearingAids didn't. That could’ve made a big difference. Other than that, they work good for me and it has been an all-the-way good experience. If I'd have any problems, they followed up which I was very pleased with.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I was wearing hearing aids but lost one of them. It was $1,500 just for one so when I saw MDHearingAid had a special on, I thought I’d try it. I got the advertisement through the mail and I filled it out. I bought the one that sold for 599, which was half-price. With it, I can hear better. However, its comfort is fair. Sometimes, it's comfortable but sometimes, it's not. Sometimes, I have to take it out and scratch my ears. It's easy to charge though. I'd tell others to give MDHearingAid a try.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I’ve been a long-time hearing aid user for years. I’ve gone through Costco and they cost too much. I’ve also tried some other providers before and price was a thing. Then, I went with MD because of price. They also advertised good features and all the rest of it. I dealt with them online during my purchase and when I received the hearing aids, they work well. They are quite good but God knows how long they’ll last because hearing aids don’t last anyway. So, you have to wind up replacing and replacing them.

Original review: April 9, 2020

MDHearingAid was advertised in our local paper here at a certain price. Beforehand, I ordered them a year ago and it was 6,000 and something. I sent them back. But I saw this ad here in Rockaway and it said 600 and buy one free. I paid the 600 and I have them here. The price was a big difference. I see they’re down to 200 and something. You have to just buy them. They’re probably more money than what they’re advertising them for. I thought they were for 200 but when I ordered them, they were 600. But I was satisfied with the price. I know people had paid 8,000 for them.

I paid them one time right away over the bank because it’s better for me to pay it and be done with it. I wear my hearing aids at night when I’m watching TV so I don’t have to have it loud. They seem to be working for what I need them for. I go to church and I can hear the priest then. Other than that, I don’t wear them all the time because I’m out gardening. I don’t abuse them. So far, my aids are still all right. The only thing is keeping them behind your ears. You have to know how to do it and to keep them propped up there.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I’ve been struggling with my hearing for more than several years and I reached a point where it felt like I needed some assistance, but everything that I had seen with standard hearing aids didn’t give me much confidence in them. I also went to an audiologist then I saw an ad for MDHearingAid and thought it was a price I could afford. I took the chance on them and I was very pleased with their sales staff. I talked to them, and we started discussing the ad, then he made the comment that I might be interested in their newer hearing aids that have rechargeable batteries.

I thought about it, and we talked a bit further, and I decided to go with it. He was very straightforward and honest. He was not overly aggressive, and he allowed me to have time to think about it. I got two hearing aids that go in the ear for $600. There hasn’t been any big change, but I hear some things with the television, the conversations, a little better than what I did before. Beyond that, I have noticed sounds that I haven’t heard before. Drop a fork on the floor and I hear the clink, tink and tingle that I never heard before.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The hearing aid for the left ear does not seem to be working even at level 4. The right hearing does not increase my hearing level as expected. Need to get these problems resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Only need for right ear. It works well at a volume of 2.5 and program 2. I would like to see the ear pods last longer or at least lower cost. On the up side the batteries seem to last well and are relatively inexpensive. Overall very satisfied.

Original review: April 3, 2020

At first it seemed to work fine, still had trouble hearing certain tones. Received help from customer service, helped with issue. At 30 day mark one would not change modes had to shut off and put on again to change after time it would sound like I was in tunnel. Had to keep shutting on and off. Returned due to feeling it it broke so fast how would it do after time.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am pleased with MD aids!!!! Had 4 expensive sets, which I couldn't hear too good. So I got these to try, very happy I can hear, sometimes on the phone I ask what was said.. Otherwise VERY HAPPY!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Hearing aids noise level. First, I want to compliment your order department. They are the best. My problem was the hearing aids kept on fading in and out while watching TV. I was sent several sets of ear plugs and tried several types but the problem remained. I returned them on 4/2/20 to your Southfield. Mi. address.

Original review: March 24, 2020

We were going through a magazine and saw MDHearingAid. It looked pretty good so we pursued it and ordered hearing aids. I had two short leads on MDHearingAid. Then I called them up and ordered a longer set of leads, the part that goes into the ears. The longer ones work a lot better and I'm getting along with them okay. The customer service was perfect too. They agreed with me and said there would be no charge. We're happy with them.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I started to get the best hearing aids but I just couldn't afford it. I had a friend of mine that had MDHearingAid. Also, my regular doctor got some for his mother and recommended them. So far, they have been good. Although I don't wear them all the time, I really need it at certain times instead of turning up the TV too loud. Also, if I go somewhere, I usually put them in.

When I first started wearing them, it kinda made my ears a little bit sore from putting them in and taking them out. However, the only real problem that I have with them is the distinction when there are several people talking. I have to concentrate more, but I'm not ready to send them back yet. It's a little better than just reading their lips. I'm 76 so it's better than nothing and it's also better than cheap hearing aids. They work better when there's not a lot of people talking, like at church. When I'm riding in the car or driving, I have to turn them off because they just make the road noise a lot louder. Even with the radio on, everything is loud. It's better to just reach back and turn it to off. We got a fairly new car but the road noise is still kinda irritating.

Original review: March 22, 2020

When I called MDHearingAid, the guy told me there was a little bit better one for a few more dollars and that’s the one I went with. It's the first hearing aids I ever had and it works well. It's got four settings on it and I like that. When I'm driving or when I'm in a restaurant, I can cut out a lot of background noise and I can hear much better. It's a good thing. There could be better ones but for me, this works just fine.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I was having problems with my original prescription hearing aids, and they weren’t working very well. I thought I might as well try MDHearingAid and after I received them, they didn't work badly at all, with the exception that the charging situation on one of them is not good. It was beginning to lose its power very quickly. The other one is fine, but I put them aside and forgot about them. I’ve told people about them, that it depends on everybody’s hearing. Although it's not as good as my original hearing aids, which is comfy, it has four different settings. I can set it individually to what worked enough for me and I like that. It works out very well for my hearing and I can manage with those throughout the day.

Original review: March 20, 2020

They were less expensive than what I had to pay before and I wanted try them. They were different than what I had before though. I hear more background noise. My other ones had a remote and I could make it louder or softer. I had more options. I could also take away the background noise if I wanted to do so and I hear more people if they were talking. That would be a nice plus. Still, I like the way it fits like the others did.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I've had my MDHearingAid for about six weeks and there have been issues getting used to it. There are four settings there and we’re having a little trouble adjusting one. How do you run through the different beeps is our question there. We haven’t quite mastered that yet. There was also a time or two when we waited for a long time to get somebody, but that’s standard of the way it is. One time they said five minutes but it was 20 minutes before somebody came back on the phone.

Original review: March 15, 2020

When I placed my order, they mailed them right to me and charged it to my card. When I ordered them, they said I'd get free batteries. But I haven't seen the first battery other than the ones I went to the store and bought. Sometimes, I can hear well with them but sometimes, I can't. So I ordered another pair that are rechargeable that didn't need batteries. I figured that'd be worth the extra $100. But I couldn't find any directions. It has two buttons on the back of the things with one button controlling the volume. The other button maybe an on and off switch, but I can't tell the difference. When they're working good, they're okay. I hear better with them. When they don't work, I take the time to make sure my ears are cleaned out but it doesn't make any difference.

Original review: March 14, 2020

The right hearing aid suffered a mental mortality and had to be replaced. Pairing has sometimes been an issue: the app had frequent difficulty finding the hearing aids. Generally speaking, these aids seem to be a little better for my purposes than my previous set. Overall, I'm lukewarm satisfied with the product.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I was using the hearing aids and I lost one of them, so I ordered a new one, and they sent me two because they only sell them in pairs. I ended up going in for surgery on my shoulder. While I was in the hospital, I couldn’t wear them because it's hard to get in and out, and I couldn’t get my right one in anyway because I have my shoulder in a harness for six weeks. But everything was good whenever I talk to their reps.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I need a set of hearing aids so I listened to the MDHearingAid commercial and it sounded like they knew what they were talking about so I tried them. It took me a little while to get on to exactly how they worked. If they hold up, that'll be my concern. Sometimes, you buy some of these things over that they don't hold up very long. They'll work for about six months, and then they're dead. If that's the case, I wouldn't like them at all. But if they hold up at least four or five years like they should, then they should be all right.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I've had two experiences with MDHearingAid and I didn't have any luck with them. The last I had roared in my head and when I laid down to go to sleep at night, I'd wake up and the roaring was still there. I had to get rid of them. I had Siemens years ago and they did well, but I'm 96 years old and I hate to spend $5,000 or $6,000 on some new ones knowing that I might not be here long. I hate to spend a whole lot of money on some, so I'm doing without right now. I talked to two of MDHearingAid's reps and one girl who was nice said, "If it doesn't work, send them back and we will send your money back on them." I have tried them in every position, but they were too strong for me. They did not do the job for me. I'm very dissatisfied with them.

MDHearingAid Company Information

2008
    Formerly Named:
    MD Hearing Aid
    150 N Michigan Ave #400
    Chicago
    IL
    www.mdhearingaid.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: