2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

3.7/5 (165 ratings)

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

About MDHearingAid

MDHearingAid is a hearing aid company that sells FDA-registered medical devices at a fraction of the typical cost. Because hearing aids aren’t custom-made for each customer, MDHearingAid can offer high-quality, medical-grade hearing aids at a steep discount. All hearing aids are programmed to the highest standard by MDHearingAid’s in-house audiologist and tested before being sent directly to a customer’s doorstep.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Free hearing test
    • Fully online
    • Affordable
    • 45-day trial

Cons

• Limited options
    • No custom fits

Bottom Line

MDHearingAid lets customers purchase affordable hearing aids from their homes. While the hearing aids are not custom-fit to the wearer, its 45-day trial and free shipping make exchanges easy.

MDHearingAid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about MDHearingAid?

Original review: March 8, 2020

I've had two experiences with MDHearingAid and I didn't have any luck with them. The last I had roared in my head and when I laid down to go to sleep at night, I'd wake up and the roaring was still there. I had to get rid of them. I had Siemens years ago and they did well, but I'm 96 years old and I hate to spend $5,000 or $6,000 on some new ones knowing that I might not be here long. I hate to spend a whole lot of money on some, so I'm doing without right now. I talked to two of MDHearingAid's reps and one girl who was nice said, "If it doesn't work, send them back and we will send your money back on them." I have tried them in every position, but they were too strong for me. They did not do the job for me. I'm very dissatisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

My brother lives in Africa. He was unable to travel down yet, so I bought him the MDHearingAid to try and see how it would work for him. Ordering it was very easy. I put one address, clicked it, placed the order and I got it within a week. I sent it to him and he said that it has been working well for him.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My hearing was not so bad that it was interrupting my life that much, but certain areas weren't as clear as it was before. When I heard MDHearingAid advertised on the TV, I thought I’d try it. My wife talked to the salesperson and bought the better one, which was also less expensive. The hearing aids don't stay in as good as it should and sometimes it makes my ears itch, but it works well.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

We will be contacting you at your private email so we can investigate this issue and provide any support needed.

MDHearingAid’s mission is to help people find an affordable hearing aid solution that fits their needs.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've been wearing hearing aids for about 10 years. And I've gone through two $3,000 sets of what I’d call commercial hearing aids. About two years ago, I saw MDHearingAid's ad in AARP and I said to my wife that the next time I have trouble with my hearing aids, I'm gonna buy a pair of MDHearingAid's and see what they were like. They are different, but I have adjusted to them and I'm quite pleased with them. The few times that I've had problems, I called and whoever I talked with tried hard to help me or have helped me. I have recommended MDHearingAid to many people. Dollar in for dollar out, it can't be beat. I'm very happy with it.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I had an expensive hearing aid set and I accidentally dropped it and it got run over. I've got metastatic ovarian cancer and I figured that I will not be around much longer, and I hated to spend $4,000 for a new hearing aid. I like MDHearingAid's price so I use one from them and then others that I already had. It works okay for me. If I was planning on being around another 10 years, I’d probably go with the more expensive one because there’s a lot of background noise and stuff that it does help to bump it up to three. But I’m happy with it for short term, with what I’m gonna be needing.

The MDHearingAid was $499 and buy one, get one free. I had to have two different sizes and so they sent me varied ones to try. The one ear mold didn’t fit very good, and so I’ve used the smaller one and that helped. My hearing has improved because I can hear better with two instead of just one. My husband has a hearing problem too that he’s almost tone deaf, so he’s trying out some new hearing aids right now. It’s a challenge to communicate with him but MDHearingAid has helped. I don’t ask him what so much, he doesn’t have to repeat for me like when I just had one hearing aid.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I've had some hearing aids a long time ago, but I lost them and had gone with MDHearingAid mostly for the price. It is very affordable and increases my hearing in places where I need it. I wear it at certain times when I'm going out, and I wouldn't be able to hear otherwise, like in church. They're not really hearing aids though. They're just amplifiers. Hearing aids amplify only the sound spectrums that you need. MDHearingAid amplifies the whole thing. They're not all that great from a hearing aid standpoint, but if you know they're amplifiers, then you know what to expect. There are four settings on the one I got that could cut down on the background noise anywhere from one to four. Also, their online process was very easy.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I saw MDHearingAid in an advertisement and it looked like a good price, so I decided to try them. However, it wasn't good for me. I couldn't get them positioned to where I wanted them. But, I guess, it is because of my age. I have a friend that went to Walmart and he is very satisfied there. So, I might try that or I will just struggle with my hearing.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I was having some hearing loss and I wasn’t catching on to everything that was being said to me. MDHearingAid was the cheapest. Their website kept saying all year at 30% off, or you get 20% off, but no matter how many times I’ve put it in and it said it took it off, it came out to the same price, which is about $700. I got the hearing aid in November 19th but I have been away, and I finally opened it after December. It hasn’t worked once. So I wrote them and some girl wrote me back. She said sorry for the confusion, but there was no confusion, it’s not working. Either it works or it doesn’t work. So I asked them for my money back because I don’t know what else to do. It’s kind of upsetting. They haven't called me. I’m in a standstill. I don’t know if I should send it to them. I don’t know what to do. But I would like my money back. I’m very angry about that.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

When called the number to order MDHearingAid, the lady I spoke with was great. She took her time with me and answered every question really good. My hearing aids work great for me. My mother paid $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids that don't work. It doesn't have any adjustments. She has to take it back to the hearing tech to get it adjusted. What I like about my hearing aids is that they have adjustments on them. I can turn them up, turn them down, or turn them off. My son also bought a pair of them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

These were purchased for my husband (who does not do computers) and who has had VA hearing aids for about 3 years. He worked with a local ear/nose/throat doctors office through the VA system and at first, was very satisfied. That is, until VA decided to change methods and when one malfunctioned, we were told that we had to send it to VA and that it would take 4-6 weeks to be returned. We then decided to try the offer we received from MD and have been pleasantly satisfied. They work just as well, if not better than the expensive ones and we have already given the info to friends to try them.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have had started off with the lower priced MDHearingAid device, then as they would come with another one, I would try it, and I have about two or three sets of the Air. I've been using MDHearingAid for about ten years. I got some new ones in November. It's a set with the battery. My wife uses those, and she's getting used to them. Sometimes, she likes the silence of being quiet around the house, but she doesn't always put them in when she's sitting around here by herself. She has not used the adjustment that much. She was just trying to get used to the one around the house. She's gonna experiment with the other settings for church and everything because she still has difficulty understanding sometimes the sermons or the readings.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have had hearing problems since I was 5 yrs old and a babysitter hit me and broke my left eardrum. Medical problems through the years just continued my hearing loss til 2 yrs ago I became imprisoned in isolation. I could not afford hearing aids, and yet if someone spoke to me and were not looking a me, I could not hear them. So many unheard conversations, So many comments I could not return, because I could not hear and didn't what to one more time as for it to be repeated. My room and my books became my only form of communication with the world. Thank you M.D. Hearing Aid for rescuing me from my dark tower! Your costs, because of your partnership with Affirm has given me a payment plan so I could have this opportunity to join life again. I will FOREVER be grateful for your ad on Facebook that I seen, and took the step to click on your ad!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

My new hearing aids are so comfortable, I forget they are in my ears. The blue tooth app is awesome, you set the profile up in both ears. The first time I wore them I turned the volume on the TV down 50%. The next day turned the volume down again 50%. I can hear things that I haven't in years. They are affordable, used Affirm to buy them interest free. I am completely happy!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I have had a good experience at this time after one mo. It takes some time to adjust, it is getting even better the more I use them. I would recommend them to anyone. I can not tell that they are any less quality than the $2,000 ones I have used.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Generally satisfied with this product. Very easy to use and my hearing has improved significantly. Only had one problem; after one days use the left aid would not work. Returned and received a replacement within days. Both work fine now.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Sometimes, my wife can hear with the MDHearingAid and sometimes she can't. Sometimes, I don't turn them up and sometimes, I turn them up too much and they're too loud. It's the same as them being too soft because then it just destroys everything. But most of the time, they're working. MDHearingAid needs to give a better explanation about the charging like how long does its charge last. Overall, we're satisfied with what we got.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I've been working at a sawmill for 40 years and I retired a couple years ago. They gave us hearing test every year. I knew that my hearing was not very good from my right ear. I decided to get a hearing aid. I called MDHearingAid and I got the hearing aid. It's working fairly well. I can almost hear now.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I was thinking about getting an MDHearingAid but I didn’t want to spend $2,000 an ear like my daughter did. So, I was holding off on getting it until I saw their ad, and I was, “Ooh!” They have 45 days to give it a free trial, and that’s why I did it. Also, it only cost me $400 instead of $4,000. The advertisement said it was $199 or take 11% off. I called them and the rep said, “Well, that was already done,” on the $199. I didn’t know if that was true or not. I just went with it, and I still thought, “Well, 200 bucks isn’t bad.” I got a behind the ear.

Batteries came with it. In the ad, it said free batteries for a year. I haven’t ordered any because they sent me a couple of packets. I’ve only used it twice, so I still have some. I wear the hearing aids most days. I’ve already gone through one battery in the 45 days, so I don’t know how long those batteries actually last. I have ringing in the ears and I was afraid of getting a hearing aid would amplify it. But my daughter said no, because the ringing in the ears is coming from inside my head and not from the ear itself. It did not amplify it at all. Also, the TV is down lower. I can hear the shuffling of the leaves when I walk in it. But I am not totally deaf. My daughter is totally deaf, that’s why she had to get the more expensive ones. And because of her job, she had to have extra stuff on it. That’s why hers cost so much. I’m very happy with mine.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I went and had my hearing test done and it said that I needed a hearing aid. I went online and looked at the different ones and came across the MDHearingAid and decided to try it out. Their sales team was great. I couldn't ask for them to be more helpful when I called. I got the MD Pro, and I like the quality of it. It fits around my ear really well, and I really like the off and on switch. It has medium, high, and off. I can turn it up a little at a time when I need it, and it’s not like the others I've had in the past. The sound isn’t just real loud. In the past they’d been real loud.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Will warn friends and neighbors not to do business with you. This is the worst product I have ever fallen for. It is like having a parrot on my shoulder. It makes more noise that a parrot though. When I called to complain I got "Oh I'm sorry sir. Your time has expired."

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

MD said their hearing aid will cut the noise out in the background when you get in the crowd, and it does that. When I go to church, I can hear the preacher preach.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The price of MDHearingAid made me go with them. The purchasing experience was all right, and the hearing aids work well. I also have a second set I bought off from them. Before, I did not have to listen to my wife. But, now, I have to listen to her -- gaining hearing had a price and a headache too. When they sell you a hearing aid, they should try to put those little earpieces. They don't send you any extra ones, you just get the hearing aid and that is it. For stuff that is going to change, you have to call them up, talk, figure out, make sure you get the right thing. It looked to me like it could be a lot easier to do it right when you order your hearing aid. If suddenly you need replacement parts for it, they need to make that available at that time.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

MDHearingAid recommends replacing your tubing and domes every 3-6 months as the materials naturally deteriorate and lose their elasticity, which can affect the performance of the aid. They are readily available on our website at this place: https://www.mdhearingaid.com/en/catalog/tubing-domes-tips

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

MDHearing was cheaper than the other ones offered to me and I decided to purchase from them. I got the ones that are on the outside of the ear and they work fine. I got a set a couple of years ago and I lost one when I was working in the yard this year, so I had to get another set. This is my second batch now and so far, I haven't had any problem with them. MDHearing's reps have been good to me, too. Whenever I've had to order, they've been there and sent my orders out on time. I got them on time as well and I'm well satisfied with my experience.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I hate my hearing aid. I like that I don’t have to replace the battery but the ambient noise in the back is so awful at times that it makes me scream when my dog barks. It’s so loud and I'm constantly changing the volume. They may be becoming more susceptible to marketing devices that ensnare people, instead of coming out and being honest. With the last pair I bought, I started off buying a cheaper pair, and then I asked the fatal question if there was any new product coming out. The guy immediately said yes but it turned out not to be a new product. It was something I had in the past so, it was a market device and it bugged me. It was one of the things that turned me to start thinking about maybe going back to something that I read in advertisements that this is a wonderful thing. I doubt it because so far, they haven't come to the point where they know how to get rid of that ambient and make the speech clearer.

The cheaper ones are actually better and I've been thinking about going back to them. MDHearingAid’s advertisement that I read sounded like I would only have to pay 200 for both pairs, then I became aware that what they were advertising was 200 for one pair. So, I said I would do that and that was the one I was going for. Also, I thought I was ordering a cheaper one when I ordered before the last one and I got a bill close to $800. It was very misleading. So, I hate that. When I see that in a company I have trusted and liked, I'm very disappointed and I'm kinda there right now. MDHearingAid knows what needs to be improved. They’ve become susceptible to the marketing people that they hire. The public, because of the internet, is becoming very much aware of marketing scams and it is nothing but a scam. It is something I want to avoid in the near future and if I see it in the marketing anywhere, I am very reluctant to buy from that company.

We are a small company and your feedback and comments are very helpful to us.

When a person is getting used to hearing aids for the first time or just to a new one it is perfectly normal to find that background noise seems extremely loud and uncomfortable for a period as you have been living in a very quiet world and your brain is not used to processing normal volumes.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I am very happy with these hearing aids. These are the second hearing aids I have purchased from MD. The first ones were very good and I really liked them, but when it came time to purchase new ones they were having a sale on the next ones up. I think they are the Pro which have a few more features such as a beep when they need a battery change. I really love these hearing aids. I can hear even better than with the first ones and most of the time I don't even remember that I have them on. Also, the batteries last a very long time. I financed these and that is excellent too. I have no complaints. I have owned some very expensive hearing aids and they can't compare to these. I give them a AAA rating.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I purchased these for my husband and he has really enjoyed having them. They are much better than the $2700 ones he had before. He specially likes to ability to easily adjust to the surrounding noises. This was a great purchase!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I was having a difficulty hearing and my wife had difficulty hearing, so we decided to order MD and it’s helped quite a bit. They were courteous and let me know about the product. The hearing aids are good and I really like them. It would be better if they could come up with a better variety, but the variety I got was great. I really like the style.

MDHearingAid Product Support Team

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I'm on a fixed income. So, spending $3,000 on hearing aids is not an option for me. I stumbled across an ad for MDHearingAid. I did my research and found out that they are apparently the only off-brand hearing aids that are actually registered as a hearing aid and not just a hearing amplifier. And the price was great. It was Christmas time. They had a buy one, get one. They have a thing on their site where you answer some questions and they recommend the hearing aid they think you need. The one I got is rechargeable with no batteries. They're supposed to be $600 a piece which was good enough. It's a far cry from 1,500 a piece. And because it's buy one get one, I got both of them for $600. Also, there's a guarantee on them, so you can try them out. I'm trying them out and I can't believe how well they're working. They are incredible.

I have had two chat sessions and one phone call with the customer service at MDHearingAid. I thought I had a defective unit. The chat sessions were okay. Maybe they don't have enough people manning their chat or there was a glitch in the system because both times, I got cut off before I was really done. So, the third time, I called and also emailed and got immediate responses to both. I got someone on the phone that walked me through everything with that hearing aid and showed me that it was a plug of some sort in the line. All I had to do was clean it out and everything is fine. And the email response said exactly the same thing. So, they're very good and very efficient. The only question I've got with them is maybe they need to tweak their chat system a little bit. It tends to offend people like me when you think you're talking to somebody and next thing you know it says, "Please answer the survey at the end. See yah!"

Other than that, they were as friendly as could be with me when I got them on the phone. And the product is incredible, especially for the price compared to everything else out there. So, I'm happy. I've already been telling people I know with problems that they need to check them out. There is nothing that $3,000 for a pair of hearing aids could do for you that the $600 MDHearingAid can't do for you as well. Take their questionnaire. Use it. It makes sense. You answer what problems you're having with hearing and they base their recommendation on the answers to those questions. You don't wanna get the cheap unit, and there is a very cheap unit, if it's not gonna do you any good. It would be throwing money out the window.

With my hearing aids, I can hear. Whatever show I'm watching, everything I hear was muffled and difficult to follow. I was asking my wife to tell me, "What they say? What they say? What they're saying?" to the point where she was getting ready to kill me but I put those hearing aids on and everything's great. Everything's coming through the way it should. My hearing used to be incredible. My problem is I spent 40 years testing fire alarms and it killed my hearing.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I find the MDHearingAids are even better than I expected. It didn't take long before I was able to put the battery in, knew how to control the volume, prevent any squeaking, and adjust the sound for a group of people or for just one person. I still sometimes have to ask people to go slower when talking on the phone, or enunciate more clearly. Also I sometimes don't hear the beginnings of words, so have to ask for a repeat. But all in all, I am very satisfied and happy with them! Thank you, Doctor, for creating them!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

They are awesome. I can hear everything and there is no squealing when you get near something. I am on a limited income so the price was great. I have tried other more expensive hearing aids but they were not as good as the MD. The sound on my TV is turn so low that people that don't have a hearing problem have to ask to turn it up. I really recommend if you have a problem hearing try the MD hearing Aid you will be happy you did.

MDHearingAid Company Information