2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

BOTTOM LINE

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

PROS

• Covers every hearing level
  • Compatible apps are easy to use
  • Many hearing aid styles available

CONS

• Prices not available on website

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with them. I hear very well, and I've recommended Beltone to a number of friends.

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
    • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
    • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
    • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
    • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
    ModelTypeFeatures
    Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
    Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
    Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
    Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
    Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
    • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
    • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
    • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
    • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
    • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Kelly ** went above and beyond with her knowledge and expertise. Never have my wife and myself ever experienced anyone that had such knowledge about hearing aids, everything about her service was positively amazing. A very talented individual and I highly recommend her as talented “hearing aid specialist”. They are located at; 202 West Highland Dr. Lakeland Fl. 33813, 863-619-9900. Don & Patricia ** Lakeland, Fl.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have known about Beltone for a long time, and my hearing had gotten bad. And I’ve decided to go up and talk to them. I had nothing but a good experience with them. Their customer service has been good. They were very helpful, and I couldn’t have asked for any better service. When I go to church, I couldn’t hear the preacher or when I'm in any kind of meeting, I couldn’t keep up with it. But I can hear better since using my Beltone. I’m well satisfied with it. And I noticed I can hear the television, I don’t have to have it as loud for me to understand what they’re saying on TV.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have tinnitus and I can't understand a lot of what's being said, especially by higher pitch. I saw an ad for Beltone and I decided to go through them. Their customer service handled my situation very well. Since using Beltone, I can understand people a lot better when they're talking, especially when it's a higher pitch sound that is coming through.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My family told me that I wasn’t hearing very good, and I was having to ask everybody to repeat things. I had received a thing from Beltone and I thought, “Well, why not?” So I went up and talked to them, which was more convenient than having to drive all the way into Memphis. Their customer service rep was very nice. Since I started using their hearing aid, I hear better, more like one on one. But not that great of a difference. I knew it was gonna cost a lot because I had already checked into everything. I was expecting to be able to hear better than I do, but I’m pleased with what I have.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have a minor hearing loss. My wife and other people have begun to detect it and we've talked about it off and on over the past six months. Then we received a $1,000 discount in the mail and so I decided to go ahead and see what Beltone was about and moved forward with it. A number of different tests dealing with ranges from the bass up to alto or tenor were done and detected a problem with hearing at the high pitch level.

Then for word clarity, they ran a series of 60 sounds or words that have various types of sounds like CH and SH sounds. Through that analysis, they determined that it wasn't a question of clarity and understanding because I only missed 1 out of 60. They also did a distance test with the test on the hearing aid system itself. The rep walked out of the room and talked at a normal voice to see if I could hear it through the hearing aids, which I did. He explained all the testing within both from the bass to the middle range to the high range, the differences, and the functions.

My hearing aids have been good. I have various settings because they are for different purposes, restaurants, at home or in a car. But initially, I had a problem with the way I was setting it back into the charger in the evening. I can rub the hearing aid attachment and I can hear the sound of the rubbing and everything with it right there. There were many times when it wasn't linking on the cellphone. If it wasn't linking, I couldn't reset it for the different environments that I was in. But that seems to have been corrected because I was told to lightly set the hearing device into the charger. I had been pushing it down and I don't know if that had any impact on it or not. I've started doing it with the way I was told and there has been no problem with the link at all. That problem was not with the hearing aid though. It was about the Wifi linkage connection. At this point, I'm satisfied that my hearing aids are working.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Death is difficult under any circumstances. My mother died, March 16, 2015, today is August 19, 2020. I have for the last 5 years, received mailings and emails from Beltone, asking if my dead mother would like to purchase a hearing aid. I have a grocery sack full of these mailings and have called repeatedly to be taken off the mailing list. OVER AND OVER, I was promised that it would be taken care of. After I called more times than I can count, I gave up. Today, I received yet another letter from Beltone, addressed to my mother. Enough, is ENOUGH!! THIS IS HARASSMENT AND DISRESPECTFUL.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

All was quick and good, very pleased with the Dr and staff. Office is nearby. I would recommend anyone to Beltone. I would definitely buy from them again. Like the new office, clean and spacious. Very professional.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Excellent hearing aid and easy quick service when needed. I have had these hearing aids for 3 years and the cleaning and batteries have been a great savings for the hearing well and comfortably. The people who run the office and the service centers are very kind and efficient and are always glad to help in getting things shipshape!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Just had a free hearing test and cleaning of my devices. The device was adjusted and I can now hear better than when I went in. The staff at the Weslaco office is friendly and helpful. I recommend this product and office. You will be happy with everything. Carol **

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was hard of hearing and I needed something. Beltone was close to where I live. They were very nice and handled everything the right way. With the hearing aids, I can hear better. But, right now, I keep having to turn the TV up more and more even with the hearing aids in. And then, in a crowd, I can’t hear what the person says sitting next to me. Customer service has cleaned the device, worked with them, and tried to set them. It seemed like it helped for a while, but then it got back the same way. I have an appointment with them this month.

Beltone Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Beltone, a global company founded in 1940, has helped millions of people find hearing solutions. Beltone serves all hearing loss levels with its three models of hearing aids. Call your local Beltone Hearing Center for information about financing options.

• Products: Customers choose from three hearing aid lines for various hearing loss levels, including the Trust, Amaze and Boost Ultra. Models are available in behind-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, completely-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear and mic-in-helix configurations.

• Features: Tinnitus relief, rechargeable batteries and Bluetooth capabilities are all available with certain hearing Beltone aids. The HearMax, HearPlus and SmartRemote apps let you control your hearing aid settings, including volume, and the Tinnitus Calmer app helps distract you from the effects of tinnitus. All Beltone hearing aids are compatible with Apple and Android products.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.

• Locations: Beltone has 1,500 franchised locations nationwide where local hearing professionals test your hearing and fit you for a hearing aid.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information