toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Marti,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that your husband's hearing aid is working well for him and that you are getting great service from your Beltone location.

Maribeth

Original review: March 22, 2017

My husband really goes well with his Beltone and he has the one where part of it is in the ear and part of it is over the ear. He goes to Josh in Wichita if he needs anything with regard to his hearing aid. He can hear other people better and we can understand each other better. It's easier all the way around and it’s a lot easier to talk to him most of the time. We'd recommend Beltone to other people.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We work hard to provide the best customer service and state-of-the-art products at all of our locations. It is great to hear that you had a good experience

It can be overwhelming and even a little scary when you first go get a hearing test and speak with an audiologist. Hopefully, your story will encourage others who are noticing hearing loss schedule an appointment at their nearest Beltone location.

Original review: March 18, 2017

After struggling with a terrible hearing aid product, I visited with the doctor at Beltone. He listened to me, looked at my old product, shook his head, gave me a hearing test and showed me 3 hearing aids that would work for me. I ended up purchasing one, the Legend 9, and have been very happy with it. I can actually hear again! Because of my job, my hearing aids get rather dirty. I get free cleanings of the hearing aids. I also get free batteries and none of them have been dead. I also get a free hearing exam. This doctor is on top of his game. He listens to you, he makes sure your hearing aids fit, you can hear out of them, and he works with you for the best possible results.

I saw the Beltone Hearing Aids sign while I was sitting in the car with my sister. Since I needed new aids, I said I'm going to try them and I've had a very good experience with them. I couldn't hear without the hearing aids. One ear is almost deaf but one is pretty good and they have adjusted them to what I need. Also, I really like their office. I have a hard time cleaning the aids because I've got arthritic hands. I like that every month or so, I go in and have the hearing aids serviced. They've always called me about my appointments. I've been very happy with Beltone.

My parents had Beltones way back in the 40s. They were the first hearing aid made. So when I saw that there was a new place in Dodge City and Garden City that was selling them, that’s where I went. Also, one of the main reasons I bought Beltone was because of the man that’s selling them. Ruben’s an excellent man and he knows what he’s doing.

The hearing aid has made quite a lot of difference, but there are some places where it doesn’t work too well. If I am in a group where there’s a lot of talking and stuff going on, there’s too much background noise. I’ve taken them in and Ruben has made quite a few changes on it. Now, it’s working pretty good. I’ve also got it hooked to my telephone and that Bluetooth works all right. I’m satisfied with Beltone and I’d certainly recommend it to other people.

My hearing aid goes in the ear canal and it's good. I don't have a great hearing and only got 40% but it's okay instead of without hearing aid. Also, I go to a guy at Beltone for service and he's very good.

My husband's hearing has been better since he got Beltone hearing aids. He was in to see Paul, his hearing care professional, on Wednesday because one was really bothering the inside of his ear where it's at. Paul said he removed some dried wax and my husband seemed to feel better after that. But now, one of them is cutting off which he never experienced that before. The other evening, the left one all of a sudden just goes off and then maybe 30 minutes later, it's back on. So it's kind of weird. And they just put new batteries on Wednesday, so that's not the issue. The hearing aids are definitely expensive compared to some places, as told by other people we've talked to. But still, we're satisfied with Beltone if we can get all the quirks worked out.

Resolution In Progress

Richard,

We are so sorry that you had a negative experience with Beltone. We have contacted the Beltone location where you purchased your father's hearing aids, and they will be in touch to try to resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if we can do anything else in the meantime.

Thanks,

Maribeth

Original review: March 20, 2017

A couple of years ago after years of diminished hearing, my 83-year-old father finally decided it was time to improve his life and get hearing aids. There was an immediate improvement to his quality of life and he couldn't have been happier with the service he received at Beltone, on Columbia Pike in Alex, VA. Recently the casing of one of his units came apart, so he took it to be repaired. That was two weeks ago. He has called regularly to find out about the status of the hearing aids' repair and can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone working at that location... every time he speaks to someone there it's another befuddled excuse.

Today he actually drove over to the location and was told it would take a little longer to get them repaired and that buy into a new model and they'd give him $300.00 off. After such a good initial experience with Beltone (I guess everyone's nice when you're about to spend money with them) this most recent experience is very disappointing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

My husband and I have been married for 64 years and sometimes I get so disgusted at him 'cause everything I say, he'd say, "What?" "Huh?" so we needed him to get hearing aids. He's had a lot of damage with his ears as he worked around a lot of noise. He then went with Beltone about a year before I did. I liked the service that my husband got from them. Everything goes good, he goes for his check up and now I do too. For a little while I've had some trouble with everything sounded like kind of teeny but we got that adjusted now. It works fine and everything's great.

I like my Beltone hearing aids. My rep's name is Paul and I like him very much. He's kind, good, always neatly dressed and I find no fault with him whatsoever. He showed me different things I could punch on the top that if I was in a crowd and there was too much noise in the background but I don't want to learn because I'm too old. I just leave it the way the rep sets them and I don't ever try to touch the top of them or anything. I would recommend to a friend.

I got the inner ear Beltone hearing aid. It was my dad who told me about them. My dad liked the comfort of the inner ear aids and I didn't have an inner ear one so I got them. The hearing care professionals at Beltone have been great. I've had several follow up appointments and haven't had any problems getting a schedule for an appointment or even getting a hold of them. I can hear better now but every now and then, after wearing the aid for an extended period of time, it starts to bother my ear. It's a little bit of a comfort issue but I've talked to the technician and he's tried everything he can think of to make it a little more comfortable for me.

I had my ears checked by Josh in town, and I do business with him. He's very friendly and he gave me a free checkup. He found my problems and we purchased the hearing aids from him. I have the next to the best set that they had at the time, and it provided what I needed. At this time, I don't use Bluetooth, but I may eventually get the unit that helps me--if I put it in the middle of the table, it will pick up everything that we talk about and it's a lot clearer. Every time I go to have my hearing aids cleaned and it's never a problem. My life has been much better with my Beltone hearing aids.

My Beltone hearing aids are pretty expensive, but I got a coupon for $1000 off. The team at Beltone was very good. They're very nice people and are always there when I need them. I like my hearing aids, too. They've helped a great deal. I'm more reactive now, being able to hear more, which is nice. I'd recommend them.

Hi Dan,

Sorry you are unhappy with your hearing aid. We would love the opportunity to make it right. We have asked the Beltone Hearing Center where you bought your hearing aid to reach out to you to see how they can help. Please let us know if we can do anything else to improve your experience.

Original review: March 2, 2017

My wife insisted on getting a hearing aid from Beltone. The representatives at Beltone were okay. I hardly ever wear my hearing aid, though. When I do, it's a pain in the butt.

I knew Beltone was just down the road from me and I trusted the name. So, I went there and their rep put me in the sound booth. I was almost deaf so he recommended and adjusted, and got me what I needed. He was terrific. I got the over-the-ear type. I'm well-satisfied with my Beltone Hearing Aid right now. However, they need adjusting because they're squealing a little bit but they've improved my hearing by about as much as I'd lost.

I needed hearing aids back in 2011. I got tired of saying, "Huh," at everybody and started filling a word so they'd start laughing at me because I'd say the wrong word. I told my wife that I'd get some hearing aids but my dad also needed them. I'd talked to a few people, especially my dad and one of my other brothers-in-law said he was interested in dad's hearing aid, too. They ended up buying a bunch of cheap pieces but it didn't work as it should so I thought I wouldn't go down that road and I'd get a Beltone. I got my first pair of Beltone hearing aids for $5000 in North Wichita and they cost a chunk of change.

I wore them until I had my first surgery on my knee and then found out I had to take my hearing aids off prior to the surgery. I gave them to my wife and after I got out of the hospital, I couldn't find the other one. I went back to Beltone and ordered another pair which costs $5550. I like both my first and second sets of hearing aids but I like the second better. It's the 312 which is nicer, a little bit bigger and they last me about five days every time I put a pair in. I've been happy with them ever since.

The reps at Betone are absolutely top-notch but I don't like the batteries that they're peddling because they are no good. The little tabs that are stuck on the batteries are so stinking short. When people get older, and their fingernails are no good and they don't have good dexterity in their hands or fingers, those are terrible. I picked up a package of batteries at the doctor's office the other day. They weren't Beltone batteries but they were the same size and the same kind that Beltone has. I could hardly pull the little tabs to put them in and I almost needed a pair of tweezers to pick them off. So my only suggestion is to make the tabs longer on the battery. I've recommended Beltone to my friends and my brother-in-law.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Carol,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your hearing aids. That's very frustrating

We have reached out to the store where you purchased your hearing aids, and they should be contacting you directly to see how we can get these issues resolved and ensure that your hearing aids are properly configured for you and the way that you use them. Sometimes all it takes is an adjustment by one of the experts at Beltone to get them working better.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

My Beltone hearing aids have been fine. I don't use them very often. I only wear them when I absolutely have to like when I watch TV but I don't find that it really helps that much. Also, something isn't right because after I've worn them for three or four hours, I hear a clicking sound in both mandible areas on my face and one side is real sore. Every time I wear them, the clicking sound gets worse in my jaw and when I bend my head down, if I'm chewing on something, my jaw clicks into place and locks. My daughter and her friend are also having these problems. I've mentioned it to Beltone and I don't know if it's the magnetism in the batteries but I'm gonna have to go see an ENT and find out.

Also, I know I'm supposed to wear them all the time and it's supposed to do something with the brain chemistry and how the brain works. But after I take them out, everything sounds hollow like I'm in a tunnel. So I'm not real pleased with the way they are at this point. But other than that, the people are very nice and very helpful and I don't think there's anything out there that is any better.

My husband and I went up to Beltone where they tested and fitted me. Their rep was excellent. I was calm the whole time and even my husband was calm while he waited on me. He had appreciated what the rep was telling him. Their staff has been very helpful and I cannot complain in any way. I got the hearing aid that fits in the ear where I can adjust the hearing. I even asked them if I could have an extra little tote bag and I keep it in the car.

I had another hearing aid provider before. My dog got a hold of one and chewed it up and I had to replace it myself. One of the things that I was told by Beltone is that if I accidentally break mine that I can have it replaced, and it's a great feature. I have no problem now and I'm taking good care of my hearing aids. Overall my experience was wonderful and the hearing aid makes a difference when I can hear people. I would recommend them to a friend easily and knowledgeably.

I kept losing my hearing aids and have problems with them and I thought Beltone will solve those problems and they did. In terms of care giving by the company, they were much better than any other company I've dealt with. Their rep was very professional. He gave me a good hearing test and made sure that I was satisfied before I left. He was happy to do what I wanted and I've been real happy with them.

I like that my Beltone hearing aids don't show very much and that I can hear very well with it. Plus if I lose my hearing aids I can get a free one. They also give a lot of free batteries. They're open so often that you can go stop by there anytime and you don't have a problem with reaching somebody. Anytime I go in, they clean my hearing aids and they remind me that I should have my aids checked occasionally. It's so nice to be able to hear and to look at people and know what they're saying rather than seeing lips move and filling it with whatever you think you were lip-reading. Overall I would recommend Beltone to others. Some have purchased from them and they've been just as happy.

I got a Beltone over-the-ear hearing aid that worked very well with the telephone. The rep that fit it for me was super. Now, I can hear the kids and my grandkids on the telephone.

I purchased a set of Beltone Legend 17 devices in Winchester, Virginia, and I have to say that I found the staff there to be very helpful and professional. Everything was explained to me, particularly on the technical end, including the ability to use a smartphone (Samsung or Apple) with my devices. I left very happy with my newfound ability to hear more clearly. I'm not very advanced in years, only 44 when I purchased the devices and was only 35 when my hearing began to degrade from a progressive condition. For the first several months I had the devices I was quite pleased, and I still am overall happy with the results.

My issue is more on the support side of things, but not the support from the point of sale. I reside abroad and specifically purchased hearing aids from Beltone because of the availability of local support. I had one device fail and the local office examined the device, found no evidence of misuse, but determined that it was not functioning. Instead of sending it for repair themselves, they told me I had to return it to the store where it was purchased. When I called them to make arrangements, the person on the other end was quite surprised and told me that the local service should have been able to take care of it. Needless to say, I'm not happy to have spent a fair chunk on shipping. I've reached out to Beltone about the matter and am awaiting a response.

Again, overall I like the devices. They do tend to use battery at a fair clip. I get about 4 days out of them. I buy in bulk to save a little money, and I'm not bothered by having to change them. The benefits far outweigh that little issue. I would definitely recommend anyone in the U.S. consider Beltone for their needs. I would suggest exercising caution when purchasing to take abroad.

I called around to a whole bunch of hearing places to find out who would be making a monthly appointment in Conrad. I chose Beltone because they came every month. However, I don't think the hearing aid was designed very well for me. I’m still not able to be in a crowd and when I go outside, I just take them out because the wind is so bad. They said that they’ll keep making adjustments and see if anything works but nothing does. My Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield allowed me so much for hearing aid and I wasn’t gonna go above that in price. However, now I can visit with my husband in the vehicle.

I’ve heard of Beltone for years and as I got in the market for hearing aids, the brand recognition was significant. I wanted to see what they had to offer and I did shop the market fairly heavily. I saw audiologists and MDs, tried a number of products, and settled on the solution that seemed to work best for me. I got Beltone's Prime hearing aids and their folks have been great. The local fellow who ran the office up where I got them in Great Falls, Montana was very professional and knowledgeable.

Since I purchased my hearing aids, I have been working around the country in various locations and have been able to walk into any Beltone office and have been met with a smile and friendly face. They would do the cleanings and no questions asked. There is a really good kind of reciprocity across the different providers. They take good care of me and I like the fact that I can get nationwide service. Beltone's impact in my life is noticeable. I always had a lot of trouble hearing my wife. She’s a very soft spoken woman and so our communication’s improved. In meetings where I struggled to listen before, I can hear now. I’d recommend my Beltone Prime. They’re outstanding.

Beltone was the first place I went to, and they were very good to deal with. The Beltone rep was very good to work with. He helped me through everything and showed me what I needed to do, and in fact, he’s still doing it. Every two months, he has me come for him to check and clean my hearing aids. My hearing aids have helped me considerably. I can hear again, and my wife doesn't get mad at me all the time anymore. Also, I like that they're lightweight and very comfortable

My husband had Beltone for about 10 years and he has their hearing aids that go into the ear. Then I also got one for my dad. He's had a couple of strokes and that was part of what's caused his hearing loss. We had a trial for it and he got the one that goes behind the ear since it wasn't bulky and he liked that better than having something within the ear.

As far as the volume, I control my dad's hearing aids usually with my iPhone. I can see that he's doing a lot more socializing. But with his age at 92 years old, it's hard to tell whether sometimes it's a lack of concentration, it's Alzheimer's, or he's just not paying attention as far as whether he's hearing or not. If you just started talking, he doesn't even realize it. But if you sit there and rap on the table, and have him pay attention, then he hears and understands what you're saying.

We go up to the Beltone store together, all three of us, because my husband gets his hearing aids checked and redone at the same time. We like the hearing care professional very well. He's not pushy, so we've had a very positive experience with him. His office staff are very nice and professional as well. We've been going back on a regular basis once a month, until the weather started to go bad on us in Montana. Our last visit was in November. But I'll go back again probably in March and have my dad rechecked, and then probably do this every two months so it's on a regular basis. It's been a very positive experience with Beltone and I have recommended them. We're looking to possibly see whether my husband is in need of some new hearing aids. We keep up with the newest gadgets.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The agent I worked with from Beltone seemed very knowledgeable, thorough in explaining, good at following up, cleaning, and re-testing. I got the behind the ear style hearing aid, and it makes a big difference. I can really tell when I don't have them on. The only thing is it's very difficult in crowded situations when there's a lot of people talking.

My experience with Beltone has all been positive. I purchased four hearing aids from them, two for the left and two for the right. The first pair I purchased didn’t quite do the job and when I purchased the second pair, their rep who was capable and knew what he was doing suggested that I have it because they have a Bluetooth. I’m 86 years old and the hearing aids do not make me hear like I did when I was 20, but I do appreciate the fact that I can most likely hear on the telephone because of that Bluetooth put in. I’m doing better with the hearing aids than I would without them. That’s best that I can expect. I meet with their rep about once every two months and for a while he adjusted the hearing a couple of times and now he cleans them and checks over everything. I haven't had any problems and I’m satisfied with Beltone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Beltone for a long time and my neighbor was satisfied with her hearing aids so I went with them. But I didn’t go until a neighbor of mine could take me there. It was in Des Moines, which is 40 miles away. Mold was poured in my ear and the hearing aid was made from that. It has the thing that goes over the ear. I've talked with one of their professionals a little bit, and he wanted to know exactly how everything was, and I told him how it was sounding. He adjusted it to fit me, and it’s doing fine. I’m getting more used to it but last night, someone hit a high note and it wasn’t that good on my hearing aids. Also, I haven’t had the hearing aids very long, and I'll be going down to get my next batch of batteries in a few days. They have me scheduled to come down there and they'll check it again and give me more batteries.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There used to be a lady in Fairfield that did hearing aids. And so, eight years ago I went there and got hearing aids. My grandson pulled them out soI wasn’t even wearing them and I just let them lay. I was going back to her and they said she wasn’t there anymore. I had to go to Ottumwa. This guy in Ottumwa told me he knew about her. He is outstanding and very caring. Beltone has got a plus there for him. He's great for the job.

I told my mom one time that she can't hear anything and that she has to go get hearing aids. We were recommended to Beltone by some of our friends that live in Billings, Montana. My mom tried the one piece plasticky ones that go way down in the ear which didn’t work, but the other ones that have the little speaker poked down in there with the tube from the other part of the hearing aid item works really well.

Everybody hates hearing aids, but once she made the step to go get it and paid the money she said, “I’m gonna make this work. I’m not just gonna set it on the shelf.” She got one in June but had a bad ear infection and that put the brakes on a whole bunch of stuff, but she’s over that now. It had nothing to do with the hearing aid but she goes once every three months. They really want to keep on top of it and make sure she has no problems. The one that she has now has this thing that hangs behind the ear and then the tube goes down into the ear canal. She told me the other day, “You know, I used to knock the receptor down so it wasn’t quite so loud with some applications. I don’t even do that anymore. I don’t even think about them.”

She’s been very astute. She’s worn them faithfully and doesn’t miss as much because before, she would be in the conversation, just smiling, but I knew she wasn’t hearing one thing that was going on. Now, she can hear, at least most of the time and has been involved in some of the city politics and an ambulance board. She goes to a lot of meetings and hearings, so it’s been a very positive move. We give Beltone a plus.

Hello Daniele,

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Beltone. We will reach out to the Beltone location where you purchased your hearing aids and try to get this resolved for you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

One year ago, after having a hearing test with a Beltone audiologist, I purchased what she recommended. A year later, she tell me that I bought Legend 6 and now I need 17. That is without a hearing test. I complained to her that I couldn't follow conversations, I didn't a year ago and I can't now. So, why didn't she sell me the legend 17 at the first place. THAT is easy to understand. When I do buy another hearing aid it will not be from Beltone and it will be when I do my own research on what I am buying.

Factual basis uncertain

First off let me say this, I paid almost $8,000 for Beltone hearing aids. At that price, I should have exceptional service. The Beltone Audiologist is in my area once a week. If I need emergency maintenance, I have to set up an appointment. If hearing aids need repairing, they have to be sent off for weeks at the time. If I need waxguards, I have to buy them from audiologists. They are not offered online. Beltone is a money hungry company that is taking advantage of the hearing impaired.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's hearing was almost gone so the rep said she would do the best she could, and the hearing aid does good. Without it, he doesn’t hear at all so it’s a help but she had told him not to expect a lot. We're very satisfied. The Beltone staff had been exceptionally helpful and we could always go back to have the hearing aid serviced without a cost. They’re always very courteous about it.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Profile