Call toll free
3.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

PROS

• Covers every hearing level
  • Compatible apps are easy to use
  • Many hearing aid styles available

CONS

• Prices not available on website

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

04/03/2019

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with them. I hear very well, and I've recommended Beltone to a number of friends.

04/19/2019

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years.

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
  • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
  • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
  • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
  • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
ModelTypeFeatures
Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
  • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
  • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
  • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
  • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
  • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

621 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a friend the in the town where I live that has done business with John from Beltone. I talked to John and I liked him. He’s a heck of a nice guy. He was very good to me and treated me like gold. The service couldn't have been any better. I decided right then and there to go with Beltone and get a hearing aid from them. Years ago, I got hurt in a mine accident and my workers’ comp sent me to a regular hearing doctor in Evansville, Indiana. So, I had to go down there and do my hearing test. They printed out all my results for me and then I took them to John at Beltone. He worked with me really well and the help he gave me was wonderful. I got a top-of-the line model that costs $8,350 and it has got a good warranty on it. It goes behind the ear and it has a little thing on it that is plugged into the ear.

John has done me a great favor and I appreciate what he did. My daughter is an assistant at Toledo University Basketball. We were going up there for a big deal over the weekend and I asked John about the hearing aid because I wanted to really hear what was going on. My workers' comp was paying for my hearing aid and I was not supposed to get it until it was paid for. But John let me take it with me and he said that he was not worried about me. He had talked to the workers’ comp people and they had said that his check would be with his business within 10 days, and it was.

Since I put my hearing aid in, it sure made a world of difference. When I sat out in our big family room at home to watch the news on TV, I had the volume on 26 before and my wife sat in the living room and watched television there because the TV in the family room was too loud for her. But now I've got the TV volume on 6.

So far, my experience with Beltone has been really well and I couldn’t have been treated any better. The girl that works for John, Katy, helped me too when I had a little problem one time. John had shown me how to clean the hearing aid and I thought I had cleaned it, but I still had a little earwax in it. Katy cleaned out my hering aid and put a new rubber thing on the end, and I was on my way in two minutes. I've told a guy who was gonna get a hearing aid to go down there to Beltone and see John. My hearing aid has helped me tremendously and I should have had it a long time ago. Now, I've even got John's cellphone number and he told me to call if I have any problems.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

This is my second set of Beltones and I just upgraded them. My other hearing aids were old, and I had been inquiring about battery life since the upgraded ones are rechargeable. I jumped on the upgraded one right away because I wear them full time and I’m almost deaf if I don’t wear them. Also, I don’t have to spend money on the batteries.

I didn’t care for the gentleman that worked at Beltone three years ago. But Melissa, who works there now, is excellent. I can’t say enough nice things about her. The woman is amazing and she really knows her stuff. All I have to do is call her up, and she’ll walk me through it. She can go online or on a computer and talk to me, and I don’t even have to go in there. So, that is awesome.

I’ve only had the new hearing aids for six weeks now, and we’re still tweaking them. Melissa showed me a few tricks that I can try at home. My problem is when I get into my big office or into conference rooms or I get in an airplane or I go into noisy environments, all of these are changes that my hearing aids go wacky. I can get on the app and fix that right away, instead of having to take them out and worry about it later.

Melissa showed me the app and there is a lot of good information on the app if you just take the time to read it. And it does help you. When I get in my car and my grandchildren are in the backseat, I have to adjust because their tone is different than what my normal settings are, and all I have to do is go on my app. So, it is pretty awesome. It truly was worth the money for me to spend to be able to do this. Otherwise, my other hearing aids just had two adjustments, and I had to click the thing on the ear, and if it didn’t work, then I had to go in the office, and then the Beltone rep would have to plug them in and readjust them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is a real game changer. I had one to try out for a week, and I must say that I was quite pleased with the MyPAL Pro. Set in front of the television, and it streams the audio directly to the hearing aid eliminating that clarity loss for lack of a better term we users of hearing aids experience. Don't get me wrong, I love my Beltone hearing aid, it was real eye opener for me when I first tried one. I thought my previous hearing aid was OK, it did the trick, but when I tried a Beltone hearing aid, it felt like I went from using a toy you get out of one of those bubble gum machines at your local grocery store to a real professionally engineered, professional quality hearing aid. A Ford Pinto to a Lamborghini. Hot dog to a steak. It was, and still is great. Throw in the easy access to Beltone hearing specialists, and a lifetime of care, and it was perhaps the smartest purchase I've ever made.

Peter at the Howell outlet has been the best, and does not hesitate when I ask to try a device. I've tried the TV Link, and now I've tried the MyPAL Pro, and they were both impressive. When using the MyPAL Pro, I feel that my “understanding” of the television went from about 75% to close to 100%. What a difference having the audio stream directly to the hearing aid made! I used it with it being connected to the television, and in front of the television in microphone mode, and it was amazing how they both improved my understanding, and the clarity of what was being said on the television. Game changer! I can't say enough good things about it, I can't wait to get my hands on my own. I was bummed when I had to return it to Peter at the Howell, MI outlet. As far as the television is concerned it worked just as well as the TV Link, but is more flexible being mobile.

I also took it to the theater to see Bohemian Rhapsody as a benchmark test, and it passed with flying colors. While I still used the CC device a few times during the movie, the performance of the MyPAL Pro was phenomenal. It provided really clear audio streamed directly through my hearing aid. I was hearing the great music of Queen, in a movie theater, and could actually understand 99% of what was being said/sung.

Of course, I also tested it in a group conversation setting, and it worked quite well in that environment too! Game changer! I know, I know, I say that a lot, but in my defense, the MyPAL Pro is a game changing device. If I had my way, I'd make this part of the package of a standard hearing aid purchase, it helps THAT MUCH. You know how we get tired of asking people to repeat themselves, it's annoying to us, and it gets annoying to those people you interact with on a daily basis. They won't say so, but trust me it's annoying. The MyPAL Pro put an end to that. I could even leave the room, and still follow along with the conversation, so it's kind of like it gave me a super power...

My review? 5 stars. You are going to want this device. It WILL improve the quality of your life. It WILL improve the quality of the lives of those you love that live with you, and interact with you on a daily basis. No longer will you deal with the frustration of “not quite” getting what is being said by those around you or on television. My best advice is to get to your local Beltone outlet, and try one out. I think you will be quite pleasantly surprised. GAME CHANGER.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have minor hearing loss. I still hear reasonably well without the hearing aid but I was having difficulty in groups, particularly in say a board meeting where a lot of people are sitting around in different places in the room. And I began to notice as I was having problems hearing some of the people in the room. Also, sitting in our kitchen with the radio on relatively low and my wife right across the table from me, I could hear the radio but I couldn't always understand her, so there was a problem there. I had a pair of basic hearing aids that I had purchased nearly five years ago and recently, I got to thinking that I really needed to go somewhere and have my hearing evaluated with the hearing aids in my ears. And that was what led me to Beltone.

I've been aware of Beltone for years. The folks there were very kind to run some tests with me with those hearing aids on and resolved it. I had had some hearing loss after the time that I was tested that led to the initial purchase. And so I decided to upgrade and bought their Amaze level brand, which I really appreciate being able to control with my cell phone or the remote and my hearing is better. I won't say it's perfect and I know that no hearing aid is gonna restore that. But I am able to handle situations now by being able to adjust back and forth with either the cell phone or the remote and function it in a way that I was having trouble doing.

I knew that I was gonna have to spend some money as I was fully aware that if I was gonna get a good set of hearing aids, I was gonna have to pay for them. So, I was prepared for that. And when I saw the features that were available, it didn't take much to convince me when I see something of quality electronically. It's not easy to back all of the features that are in these hearing aids without having to spend a lot of time in research. I got what I paid for. Also, Beltone has some very fine people. They were patient, thorough, and very careful. I'm very happy that I stopped by there.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My hearing loss at first was just borderline and two years later, it was below the line. We had a Beltone store in Wabash. It was convenient and they were sending me information in the mail about their pricing. I took advantage of the free examination. The gentleman that works with me is very nice. He gave me a complete test and he knew the products and the warranties. Even his secretary is top-notch and really very knowledgeable about it all. I've taken my hearing aids there and the rep I work with was kinda thin there for a while because he was doing several offices. But his secretary was always able to clean them and readjust them. They're a really nice outfit to work with in Wabash.

When you can go and get a bunch of stuff online only at a fraction of the cost, hearing aids are too expensive. I paid over 7,000 for my first pair. Then, I went in for my yearly checkup, which they never charged me for, and I decided to upgrade. It was the same amount, except I got a trade-in allowance on them. They let the trade-in of the old ones for 2,800. I paid 1,000 on it and I’ve got a year to pay it off with no interest.

I upgraded my hearing aids and I really like them. They're so comfortable I actually got in the shower with them the other night. These are a little bit bigger than the ones I previously had because the batteries are a little bit bigger. Their rep said the other ones' batteries would go out about every three to four days if I wore them every day and these last seven to ten days. Also, when I turn the hearing aids down, I can hear it click in both ears, which the other one didn’t do. And I can turn them down or I can hold them down and they would down background noise that my other ones never did. So, the technology is a lot better and, for some reason, they fit in my ear better.

When I take my hearing aids out now, it’s like I’ve got mufflers on me. They’re a big difference in the hearing. And I can wear them to the movies now and if it's a movie where there’s a lot of action, I can turn them down a lot easier. I recommended Beltone to my brother-in-law four years ago and he went with them in Huntington and got his.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 19, 2019

My insurance, SilverScript, had a program with Beltone and we got a big discount off it. The office people were great in getting me in on an appointment. The doctor that I was seeing put hearing aids in so that I could tell the difference in how it sounded before and after. He explained to me that I definitely needed them. I'm totally happy with my Beltone hearing aids. I put them in first thing in the morning and don't take them out till I go to bed.

My husband wears hearing aids too and a couple of our friends have tried them and gave up on them because they couldn't stand how loud things were when they first wore them. I said that they just did not give them the chance to tone down for the brain to get used to it. Even my mother bought hearing aids, wore them one day, and she's never put them back in, and it's been three years. My doctor explained it all to me and how it's gonna take a while for your brain to be able to get back to a normal sound and then things wouldn't sound so overly loud. There were things that sounded really loud to me. But in my mind, I just kept saying to hang in there because the doctor said that will go away in a couple of months.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I've had Beltone since I was 66 and I've always been pleased with it. I can hear better and it has features I like, like it automatically adjusts itself if I'm in a crowd or alone. I don't have to keep changing it. Also, their reps have always been nice, but I really like the one that I'm going to now. I've had others, but Dr. **'s been the most helpful. He's also very kind. He cleans my ears for me, and if I have any problem, he has me come in and takes care of it.

Original review: May 21, 2019

My hearing loss is minimal but I have a job where I have to hear everything. My mother and sister have both been with Beltone and they’ve had success with the company. I've dealt with a doctor and her receptionist and it's been excellent. I have a Bluetooth rechargeable hearing aids and I like its ease. It's just an adjustment getting used to having it and the maintenance and taking it in, taking it out, and forgetting that they're in. The aids are extremely expensive. I'm also losing a charge on one of it. It's quitting at about eight hours through the day. But I'm going to see them about it. I've been happy and have highly recommended Beltone. They're great.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My hearing wasn’t that great before and everybody told me I need hearing aids. I went to Beltone because they were pretty easy to get to from my home. I can just zip in down the back road and they're right there. They gave me the hearing aid test when I was in their office and the doctor was pretty good. He explained everything. He's gonna give me a hearing test without my aids on this month. Also, I have an appointment with them next month for a checkup on how things are going.

I got the behind the ear model and sometimes they irritate my ears so I take them out, put them in a little box, and put them away for a while or for a couple of days. But normally, they have been there and I find them useful. I put them in if family is around and I can understand what my family has to say and everything else. Also, they're all electric so I don't have to worry about batteries. I was given a little box where I put the hearing aids in at night and it charges them up and keeps them charged up. I've had a pretty good experience with Beltone and I'm well-satisfied.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have partial hearing loss. The customer service rep helped in various ways to use the Beltone hearing aids and how to get the most out of its batteries. All hearing aids are very expensive and I chose one that was a moderate price. I got the over the ear style and I thought it’d be more effective. I had an in-ear one and it wasn’t as effective as I thought it could be. Since having the hearing aids, I can now sing along in church. I could also hear the television. I didn’t have to have it up as high. And sometimes, I could hear the dinger on the oven that I wasn’t able to hear before, and I can hear an awful lot of residual noise too.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have minimal hearing loss and I went through Medicaid. They signed me up and I went with Beltone Hearing Aids. The Beltone representative was very pleasant and it was good dealing with her. She recommended the hearing aid model where the receiver is behind the ear so I went with that. Although it was the most expensive model and it's too expensive, its quality is good and it is working well. I like that I can hear better with it and it has improved my life.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My hearing wasn’t what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn’t make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I saw Beltone's ad and thought it was the one. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years. Their rep gave me another hearing test and I just got new hearing aids. I got the inside the ear hearing aid model and had the insurance to cover it. My hearing is a little bit better with the new hearing aid. The people at the store are so good. Rick and Mary are both excellent. The helper fixes up a gift bag and there were little items in it that I use in general all the time. It was really amazing.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have had Beltone Hearing Aids for about 3 years. I am not unhappy with the hearing aids themselves, but I am very unhappy with the company itself. Hearing aids need regular cleaning and to be checked regularly to avoid problems. I have experience twice having an office close with no notice. In fact twice, I have gone to an appointment only to find that Beltone closed the office and did not have the decency to call and cancel upcoming appointments. That happened for the second time today when I traveled 35 minutes across a bay to get to an appointment only to find the office closed and another business in the same location. When I called Beltone I was told that the office was closed 2 months prior and yet I and I assume other customers were never notified.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Biggest piece of junk I ever bought. I got these hearing aids about three years ago. Just as the warranty was running out I started having problems of them cutting on and off at odd times. The sales rep seemed to try his best to resolve the problems. He sent them off to the lab were I was told they were rebuilt. Worked fine for a few months then the problems returned.

Again went back to the sales rep who again sent them off to the lab. Again was told they totaly rebuilt them so the working parts were like new, now again I'm having the same problem of them cutting on and off and the warrant has long sense ran out. I'm still paying on these things and have discovered they are the biggest piece of junk I ever bought. I am very disappointed. Thought more of Beltone but I see I'm wrong. If I could stop payments and give them back I would and go buy a set somewhere else. Instead I'm paying for something that only works now and then as it chooses not as I need.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have one ear where my hearing was almost completely gone and the other one was going, but I still got pretty much of it. The hearing aids at Beltone were almost $8,000, but this other brand I went to was a lot cheaper. I wasn’t that happy ‘cause I only had the Beltone hearing aids for four years, for almost $8,000. That’s pretty tacky. But the new ones that I just got from them were $3,500. It’s a streamline style and and you can turn it up and down.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I took the hearing test and the doctor said that I needed hearing aids. I got the Beltone hearing aids but I hardly wear it. I’m disappointed because I’m paying over $3,000, and I’m a retired person. I wish I hadn’t bought it because I forget to put it in half the time.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’ve had moderate hearing, especially in my left ear, for quite some time. I got a hearing aid five years ago from Beltone, then it quit working, so I went back and bought a pair of refurbished hearing aids from them. I wasn’t planning on going with them again because I was disappointed in the first hearing aid which quit functioning, so I checked a little bit. The newer models of Beltone were more expensive than that of some of the other companies that I was looking at and I couldn’t afford the latest models either at Beltone or the other suppliers. But I could get the refurbished hearing aid from Beltone cheaper than I could with a different supplier that didn’t have refurbished ones.

I had a new hearing test done and Beltone checked that against what I had on record from my hearing test before. The dealings that I had with the reps this time were okay. They were friendly and pretty thorough with what they were doing. The hearing aid that I got was the 17s model. The battery for this model runs down quicker. I’m keeping track of that now, but the battery lasted longer in the previous model that I had. Other than that, it seems to be functioning okay.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had total hearing loss with my right ear and I had very little hearing now and then with my left ear. I looked up hearing aid providers on my phone and Beltone was the closest. That was where I stopped and I came into the store. The lady reps helped me very well and taught me a lot of things. They did a test on the phone and talked to me as I was wearing the hearing aid, and this made things better for me. They did a good job. I liked that experience with the hearing test and I learned a lot. The Beltone hearing aid model that I got costs $10,000. Since getting my hearing aid, I can tell that there's a lot of difference now in my hearing. This truck is very loud and I like my hearing aid because I can turn that down so I can hear my radio when I jump into the truck. It isn't hard for me. I’m really impressed with my hearing aid and I like it a lot better than the one that they gave me the first time. My experience with Beltone has been good and I really like them.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I was totally deaf in my left ear, and only about 80% hearing in my right ear. I was close to a Beltone place, so I went there, and I've been there ever since. They’re friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I’ve had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I’m very happy with them. I hear very well, and I’ve recommended Beltone to a number of friends. I get things in the mail all the time with specials on it, but I wouldn’t switch from Beltone for anything because it does me really well.

Original review: March 29, 2019

One of the things I do is I start track meets and I did a lot of damage to my hearing over the years shooting the pistol. I'm really hard of hearing in my right ear. I've had hearing aids now for around seven years. I had Beltone to begin to with and I got a new one to replace the one I had in my right ear recently. I've had excellent service with them and excellent results with the hearing aid. The quality of the hearing aids is very good. I go down for my quarterly checkups and the guy at Beltone that works me there is great. He does an excellent job and the hearing aid product itself does a great job as well. I try and recommend my friends to go there.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I am currently trying a pair of Amaze hearing aids before buying. It is totally great that I get to try them out for 3 weeks before deciding if I want to purchase but so far I am not impressed. I can hear better with my 5 year old Oticons. Beltone is scheduling me to come back into the office every 5 days to tweak the settings while trying out the Amaze, but after almost a week I am not amazed. The connectivity to the phone app is great but the aids themselves are not. I can't hear as well with the new Amaze technology as I can with my old aids. The Amaze has sudden volume drops, when watching TV the TV suddenly gets lower in volume, when I turn on the kitchen faucet I hear the water running for about 3 seconds and then the volume of the water drops. It's as if the aids decide what they think is worth hearing and what is not.

I want to hear as close to natural hearing as possible. I don't want aids that think for themselves and the aids decide what to concentrate on and what to block out. If there is sound then I want to hear it. I've tried turning off the noise blocker and it doesn't help. Again, the phone app and connectivity are great, but the aids are not amazing. I'm not impressed at all. The sudden volume drops are very annoying. If I was listening to water running in the kitchen sink the sound should stay at the volume level I first hear it at and not lower the volume after a few seconds. Things sound like I'm hearing thru a mechanical device and not natural at all.

Hello Rick,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved. We will be in touch soon!

Original review: March 20, 2019

There was a minimal aggravation in my hearing and I went through a hearing test with Beltone. My experience with them has been fine and their customer service rep, Tiffany, is wonderful. Since working with Beltone, my hearing has been dramatically better. The TV does not have to be at such a high volume anymore.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I bought my aids in 2017, paid $9000.00 for the rechargeable model. I have had nothing but problems since. I have been back many times for new batteries. At first they tried to tell me it was my fault, hearing too bad, wore them too long each day, about 16-18 hours daily. They wanted me to get rid of my charger and go to plain batteries, when I said no they soon found out that they had gotten a bad shipment of batteries from their supplier. They gave me yet another set of batteries, everything went fine for 6 months {longest time since I bought them]. A short time ago both were replaced again, and last week my left was replaced again, but now they want me to pay $60.00 per battery to replace them, this is an ongoing problem that has never been fixed and should be covered by warranty until it is. I paid a lot of money for your TOP OF THE LINE aids, but got junk.

Hello Steven,

Original review: March 17, 2019

I don’t use Beltone’s services any longer. My only complaint about them is they're very cold. They're not friendly people. When I go to visit, the guy arranges things so that every time someone leaves, he has someone waiting. Because of that atmosphere, I never felt comfortable. You could just get the feeling that you're there to get your hearing aid fixed and that’s it, goodbye.

Hello Alberta,

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife told me that there were several things she was saying clearly that I wasn’t picking up on so I decided to have my hearing checked out. I went to Audibel and I wasn’t really too impressed about them. The cost of their hearing aids was something about $16,000, which is high. I decided I would look at another place so I checked out Beltone. The sales and customer service people were all very friendly. I purchased the hearing aid that is on top in the back so it flips over the top if I put it in here. It's also less conspicuous.

I wish, though, that Beltone would get their act together. I have a Samsung J7 Prime for my phone and it’s one of the more updated ones but it won’t work with the Beltone hearing aid. At first, I had a Samsung S5 and that one worked. I’ve asked for why the app is not compatible with my phone several times and it’s in one ear and out the other. Maybe it costs too much for them. They got their own reasons for doing it but if there’s any dissatisfaction for me, then it's that. Still, the Beltone hearing aid works and I am happy about it.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Since having my hearing aid, everything is a little bit louder and I can adjust it to where it's comfortable and I just get along a lot better with it. I don’t wear them a lot when I'm around heavy equipment because of a lot of noise. I have had good luck with Beltone and I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I am not complaining about the hearing aids as they are good, well for $5000 they should be. But since purchasing them they have closed their office and there is nowhere close to get them serviced. The little tip on the end has to be replaced fairly often and since the closest office is miles away I couldn't get them replaced and it resulted in the tip coming off in my ear and I had to go to my Dr. to get a referral to an ear Dr. resulting in out of pocket charges of $200. So I am not a very happy consumer, in fact, I am pretty disgusted. I want to know what they are going to do about this situation, if they can't afford an office at least have someone come to town once a month as surely I am not the only customer here.

Hello Audrey,

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was given was a free hearing screening at your Old Harrodsburg Road location in Lexington, KY yesterday. I was highly disappointed at the quality of the test and the provider. First, he didn't introduce himself or give his title. I assume he is just a salesman. The test was not given in a hearing booth, but in an office where there was a lot of noise on the floor above, making it difficult to concentrate on the tones. Yes, my hearing may be declining, but the salesman acted like my health was at risk if I did not buy a hearing aid right then. After telling me that I needed one, he started pricing them and telling me the monthly payment without even showing me the actual hearing aid!! Then he proceeded to tell me about a cheaper model, and urged me to put a down payment on one and try it for 30 days.

I felt like I was dealing with a car salesman. I told him I would never buy one based on one test, and he seemed offended. I told him I would speak to my medical doctor next week during my appointment, and he stated that doctors didn't know anything about hearing aids. I am not stupid. I am a retired RN. I would most certainly get another opinion from a specialist before making a decision. I would never buy from the company that did the testing. I feel that people are getting taken advantage of. The salesman even told me that the Nan that left before me scored lower than me! How did he know I didn't know the man? HIPAA violation and unprofessional. Don't bother to call and apologize. I will seek a professional hearing specialist to perform a test. Lastly, I completed 3 different online brief hearing tests last night. One was from Beltone. All 3 said I didn't seem to have a hearing problem. You need to re-evaluate your process.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

For several years now, I’ve noticed my hearing declining. Whether at home speaking with my wife, or at small social functions, or watching tv having to increase the volume. A family member had recently gotten a pair of hearing aids from the Beltone store in Trumbull, CT. He raved about them and the helpfulness he experienced from the folks at this Beltone location. My wife suggested I go for their hearing test. I agreed, and she accompanied me. I have to concur with that family member: the professionalism, understanding, care, consideration, and reassurance exhibited by Peter **, the hearing professional, were nothing short of outstanding.

In addition, once you purchase the hearing aids designed for your personal needs, Beltone does not leave you on your own to adjust to them. I meet with Peter once a week to go over any concerns or questions I might have for the first month or so, then every few months after that. In addition, Barbara, the office manager, was instrumental in setting up a payment plan for me, as well as securing a check from my supplemental insurance to help pay for a portion of the cost. If all Beltone locations employ people like Peter and Barbara at the Trumbull, CT office, then Beltone is definitely the leader in the field of hearing aids.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have in canal aids and rely on a pigtail to pull them out when necessary. Both pigtails have pulled out. One within warranty period and one without. These aids aren’t more than a few years old. My audiologist tells me without a major expense of sending them back for repair I need to buy new hearing aids. This is ridiculous. The product is defective period. I’m going to switch brands. I never had this issue with Widex.

Hello Ron,