Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A Beltone store happened to be where I shop and the first thing I thought of when I needed hearing aids was to go and visit the gentleman that runs the place. I knew I could get service there and they're so good I can get it right away at any time of the day on any day of the week that I have a problem. I can walk in. The receptionist is fantastic and the service is excellent. I have their top of the line product, the Legend 17. I don’t have to listen to people yell at me anymore. They have different settings that I can use. I like the fact that I can set them for different situations like going to church or to a restaurant.

This is an ongoing type of a hearing aid. There are other things that it can do for me. For instance, I could even answer cell phones with them. They're Bluetooth. The other thing is that over a period of time I don’t have to keep buying new hearing aids. They can put new components in them and bring them right up to date. I've attended a couple of Beltone's functions because I learn something every time I go. They're exceedingly helpful.

My husband and I went up to Beltone where they tested and fitted me. Their rep was excellent. I was calm the whole time and even my husband was calm while he waited on me. He had appreciated what the rep was telling him. Their staff has been very helpful and I cannot complain in any way. I got the hearing aid that fits in the ear where I can adjust the hearing. I even asked them if I could have an extra little tote bag and I keep it in the car.

I had another hearing aid provider before. My dog got a hold of one and chewed it up and I had to replace it myself. One of the things that I was told by Beltone is that if I accidentally break mine that I can have it replaced, and it's a great feature. I have no problem now and I'm taking good care of my hearing aids. Overall my experience was wonderful and the hearing aid makes a difference when I can hear people. I would recommend them to a friend easily and knowledgeably.

I kept losing my hearing aids and have problems with them and I thought Beltone will solve those problems and they did. In terms of care giving by the company, they were much better than any other company I've dealt with. Their rep was very professional. He gave me a good hearing test and made sure that I was satisfied before I left. He was happy to do what I wanted and I've been real happy with them.

I like that my Beltone hearing aids don't show very much and that I can hear very well with it. Plus if I lose my hearing aids I can get a free one. They also give a lot of free batteries. They're open so often that you can go stop by there anytime and you don't have a problem with reaching somebody. Anytime I go in, they clean my hearing aids and they remind me that I should have my aids checked occasionally. It's so nice to be able to hear and to look at people and know what they're saying rather than seeing lips move and filling it with whatever you think you were lip-reading. Overall I would recommend Beltone to others. Some have purchased from them and they've been just as happy.

I got a Beltone over-the-ear hearing aid that worked very well with the telephone. The rep that fit it for me was super. Now, I can hear the kids and my grandkids on the telephone.

I purchased a set of Beltone Legend 17 devices in Winchester, Virginia, and I have to say that I found the staff there to be very helpful and professional. Everything was explained to me, particularly on the technical end, including the ability to use a smartphone (Samsung or Apple) with my devices. I left very happy with my newfound ability to hear more clearly. I'm not very advanced in years, only 44 when I purchased the devices and was only 35 when my hearing began to degrade from a progressive condition. For the first several months I had the devices I was quite pleased, and I still am overall happy with the results.

My issue is more on the support side of things, but not the support from the point of sale. I reside abroad and specifically purchased hearing aids from Beltone because of the availability of local support. I had one device fail and the local office examined the device, found no evidence of misuse, but determined that it was not functioning. Instead of sending it for repair themselves, they told me I had to return it to the store where it was purchased. When I called them to make arrangements, the person on the other end was quite surprised and told me that the local service should have been able to take care of it. Needless to say, I'm not happy to have spent a fair chunk on shipping. I've reached out to Beltone about the matter and am awaiting a response.

Again, overall I like the devices. They do tend to use battery at a fair clip. I get about 4 days out of them. I buy in bulk to save a little money, and I'm not bothered by having to change them. The benefits far outweigh that little issue. I would definitely recommend anyone in the U.S. consider Beltone for their needs. I would suggest exercising caution when purchasing to take abroad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

I called around to a whole bunch of hearing places to find out who would be making a monthly appointment in Conrad. I chose Beltone because they came every month. However, I don't think the hearing aid was designed very well for me. I’m still not able to be in a crowd and when I go outside, I just take them out because the wind is so bad. They said that they’ll keep making adjustments and see if anything works but nothing does. My Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield allowed me so much for hearing aid and I wasn’t gonna go above that in price. However, now I can visit with my husband in the vehicle.

I’ve heard of Beltone for years and as I got in the market for hearing aids, the brand recognition was significant. I wanted to see what they had to offer and I did shop the market fairly heavily. I saw audiologists and MDs, tried a number of products, and settled on the solution that seemed to work best for me. I got Beltone's Prime hearing aids and their folks have been great. The local fellow who ran the office up where I got them in Great Falls, Montana was very professional and knowledgeable.

Since I purchased my hearing aids, I have been working around the country in various locations and have been able to walk into any Beltone office and have been met with a smile and friendly face. They would do the cleanings and no questions asked. There is a really good kind of reciprocity across the different providers. They take good care of me and I like the fact that I can get nationwide service. Beltone's impact in my life is noticeable. I always had a lot of trouble hearing my wife. She’s a very soft spoken woman and so our communication’s improved. In meetings where I struggled to listen before, I can hear now. I’d recommend my Beltone Prime. They’re outstanding.

Beltone was the first place I went to, and they were very good to deal with. The Beltone rep was very good to work with. He helped me through everything and showed me what I needed to do, and in fact, he’s still doing it. Every two months, he has me come for him to check and clean my hearing aids. My hearing aids have helped me considerably. I can hear again, and my wife doesn't get mad at me all the time anymore. Also, I like that they're lightweight and very comfortable

My husband had Beltone for about 10 years and he has their hearing aids that go into the ear. Then I also got one for my dad. He's had a couple of strokes and that was part of what's caused his hearing loss. We had a trial for it and he got the one that goes behind the ear since it wasn't bulky and he liked that better than having something within the ear.

As far as the volume, I control my dad's hearing aids usually with my iPhone. I can see that he's doing a lot more socializing. But with his age at 92 years old, it's hard to tell whether sometimes it's a lack of concentration, it's Alzheimer's, or he's just not paying attention as far as whether he's hearing or not. If you just started talking, he doesn't even realize it. But if you sit there and rap on the table, and have him pay attention, then he hears and understands what you're saying.

We go up to the Beltone store together, all three of us, because my husband gets his hearing aids checked and redone at the same time. We like the hearing care professional very well. He's not pushy, so we've had a very positive experience with him. His office staff are very nice and professional as well. We've been going back on a regular basis once a month, until the weather started to go bad on us in Montana. Our last visit was in November. But I'll go back again probably in March and have my dad rechecked, and then probably do this every two months so it's on a regular basis. It's been a very positive experience with Beltone and I have recommended them. We're looking to possibly see whether my husband is in need of some new hearing aids. We keep up with the newest gadgets.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The agent I worked with from Beltone seemed very knowledgeable, thorough in explaining, good at following up, cleaning, and re-testing. I got the behind the ear style hearing aid, and it makes a big difference. I can really tell when I don't have them on. The only thing is it's very difficult in crowded situations when there's a lot of people talking.

My experience with Beltone has all been positive. I purchased four hearing aids from them, two for the left and two for the right. The first pair I purchased didn’t quite do the job and when I purchased the second pair, their rep who was capable and knew what he was doing suggested that I have it because they have a Bluetooth. I’m 86 years old and the hearing aids do not make me hear like I did when I was 20, but I do appreciate the fact that I can most likely hear on the telephone because of that Bluetooth put in. I’m doing better with the hearing aids than I would without them. That’s best that I can expect. I meet with their rep about once every two months and for a while he adjusted the hearing a couple of times and now he cleans them and checks over everything. I haven't had any problems and I’m satisfied with Beltone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Beltone for a long time and my neighbor was satisfied with her hearing aids so I went with them. But I didn’t go until a neighbor of mine could take me there. It was in Des Moines, which is 40 miles away. Mold was poured in my ear and the hearing aid was made from that. It has the thing that goes over the ear. I've talked with one of their professionals a little bit, and he wanted to know exactly how everything was, and I told him how it was sounding. He adjusted it to fit me, and it’s doing fine. I’m getting more used to it but last night, someone hit a high note and it wasn’t that good on my hearing aids. Also, I haven’t had the hearing aids very long, and I'll be going down to get my next batch of batteries in a few days. They have me scheduled to come down there and they'll check it again and give me more batteries.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There used to be a lady in Fairfield that did hearing aids. And so, eight years ago I went there and got hearing aids. My grandson pulled them out soI wasn’t even wearing them and I just let them lay. I was going back to her and they said she wasn’t there anymore. I had to go to Ottumwa. This guy in Ottumwa told me he knew about her. He is outstanding and very caring. Beltone has got a plus there for him. He's great for the job.

I told my mom one time that she can't hear anything and that she has to go get hearing aids. We were recommended to Beltone by some of our friends that live in Billings, Montana. My mom tried the one piece plasticky ones that go way down in the ear which didn’t work, but the other ones that have the little speaker poked down in there with the tube from the other part of the hearing aid item works really well.

Everybody hates hearing aids, but once she made the step to go get it and paid the money she said, “I’m gonna make this work. I’m not just gonna set it on the shelf.” She got one in June but had a bad ear infection and that put the brakes on a whole bunch of stuff, but she’s over that now. It had nothing to do with the hearing aid but she goes once every three months. They really want to keep on top of it and make sure she has no problems. The one that she has now has this thing that hangs behind the ear and then the tube goes down into the ear canal. She told me the other day, “You know, I used to knock the receptor down so it wasn’t quite so loud with some applications. I don’t even do that anymore. I don’t even think about them.”

She’s been very astute. She’s worn them faithfully and doesn’t miss as much because before, she would be in the conversation, just smiling, but I knew she wasn’t hearing one thing that was going on. Now, she can hear, at least most of the time and has been involved in some of the city politics and an ambulance board. She goes to a lot of meetings and hearings, so it’s been a very positive move. We give Beltone a plus.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Daniele,

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with Beltone. We will reach out to the Beltone location where you purchased your hearing aids and try to get this resolved for you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

One year ago, after having a hearing test with a Beltone audiologist, I purchased what she recommended. A year later, she tell me that I bought Legend 6 and now I need 17. That is without a hearing test. I complained to her that I couldn't follow conversations, I didn't a year ago and I can't now. So, why didn't she sell me the legend 17 at the first place. THAT is easy to understand. When I do buy another hearing aid it will not be from Beltone and it will be when I do my own research on what I am buying.

Factual basis uncertain

First off let me say this, I paid almost $8,000 for Beltone hearing aids. At that price, I should have exceptional service. The Beltone Audiologist is in my area once a week. If I need emergency maintenance, I have to set up an appointment. If hearing aids need repairing, they have to be sent off for weeks at the time. If I need waxguards, I have to buy them from audiologists. They are not offered online. Beltone is a money hungry company that is taking advantage of the hearing impaired.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's hearing was almost gone so the rep said she would do the best she could, and the hearing aid does good. Without it, he doesn’t hear at all so it’s a help but she had told him not to expect a lot. We're very satisfied. The Beltone staff had been exceptionally helpful and we could always go back to have the hearing aid serviced without a cost. They’re always very courteous about it.

My wife and I both have Beltone hearing aids and they are of very high quality. However, the batteries don't seem to last very long. I wear them during the day and turn them off at night but the batteries last up to five days at the most. I have to replace them. Other than that, we've been very well satisfied with them.

The rep at Beltone was very good, friendly, and thorough. He gave us a demonstration while he was at the hallway and I was sitting in the room with my eyes closed. I was able to hear him speak plain as day with the hearing aids. I've recommended them to a few people.

Beltone is good. I like the way their hearing aids adjust to the environment. I take my hearing aids in every now and then to get them cleaned and they do a good job on that. This last time that I took it in, they sent it out for about two or three days and it came back working okay. Two days later though, the left one quit so I gotta take it back to them. Other than that, I've had good success with them. Their reps are very intelligent and knowledgeable of all the stuff that goes on.

I've known Beltone for years. I come from the time when they didn't have very good hearing aids and now they got real good ones. My Beltone hearing aids work great. Also, their reps treat me great down there and I got no complaints or problems with them. They figured everything out so I could get mine on credit. I love the way they work and I'm happy as I could be. Their guy is the nicest guy. He worked out the problems with me with and he's helped me a lot. He doesn't treat me like some old man and he'd really know how to work with kids. I'd recommend Beltone 100% to anybody who needs hearing aids.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

The people at Beltone have been really helpful, and I can't complain about them trying to resolve my issues with my Beltone hearing aid. There are some things about it that I'm not happy with, but I'm not sure what the problem is. My left ear is worse than the right ear. When I had a lot of earwax, they changed the little bud thing that goes down inside the little bigger one so they'd keep it out of the earwax, and I get an echo in the hearing aids. At Church, we have speakers and I get the shrill in it. So, I take the hearing aids out when I'm at Church.

I've been back at the Beltone store many times and they've adjusted my hearing aids and so on. When I bought the hearing aids, I thought I'll put them in my ears and they were good to go, but I'm going back all the time to have them fix things. For the amount of money I paid for the things, I expected a lot better results than what I'm getting.

This is the first experience I've had with hearing aids, and before I bought them, I talked to my daughter-in-law who bought hearing aids from another store and paid about the same price. So then, I started looking around and there were hearing aids that are a lot cheaper than what I paid. I don't know if they're as good as what I got, but I talked to one man who said he had Beltones before and they wore out. So, he switched to another one that he is really happy with, and they were about a third of what I paid to Beltone. I wish I would've shopped more and asked a few more questions with different people before I bought from Beltone.

I bought Beltone hearing aids because I have tinnitus. My hearing aids which cost me $6,000 had maskers and were one of the newer ones back two and a half years ago. The reps at Beltone have been treating me great and everything but it's was not what I thought it would be because it's not helping my tinnitus. My tinnitus has gotten worse rather than better.

My ENT doctor told me I needed hearing aids. My problem is I'm starting to lose some of those little ear cells that goes around in the cochlea. I live near a Beltone store and I happened to be going by that way so I decided to stop and let them tell me how much the hearing aids were and see if they wanted to give me a test. The people I met over there were friendly. I especially like Peter. They're very, very nice people. They try to accommodate everybody that comes in there and give them the best price they could. They also have a video that shows the different types of hearing losses and what causes those so that gives people more idea. That enlightens their mind a little bit when they go in and get their hearing tested.

Peter said that I needed the kind that fitted entirely inside my ear but I didn't have quite that amount of money to afford those. So I have one that I put around my ear at the top and then it fits into my ear canal. There's a little tail that comes up the other way that I have to fit inside my ear. They're basically the same flesh color as my skin so in a way, people don't realize I got them in that much. However, I had a lot of problems when I first started with Beltone. I was having trouble with getting the hearing aids adjusted. I had to go over there more times than I thought I would have to. It seems like they did something to my hearing aids and they are better right now. I can hear clearly and plainly. It would be great if it continues like this. I would recommend Beltone to people. They've been in the business for 75 years and they were up this year for the Edison Award.

I've seen the ad for Beltone in the paper and the hearing aids looked great. The office girl and doctor who assisted me were real nice. I was surprised because some of them are grumpy when you meet them. And when I'm at their office, I'm happy. I like them and I recommend them. I took a bunch of the doctor's cards and passed them out in church. I know they all sit up front because they can't hear. The hearing aids are wonderful and really good. Once in a while, though, I put my hand up there to make sure they're on. It doesn't feel like they're there but they are.

Beltone hearing aids stick to my ear real good. I go in about every four months and have my hearing aids cleaned. And their reps are really knowledgeable. My hearing's a lot better now. My sister doesn't have to scream at me. Also, this summer I had the door open and kept hearing this bird. It was outside and I could hear it and I couldn't hear it before.

We just returned from an appointment with Jane ** in Cape Coral, Florida. My husband was having trouble with his left ear. She examined it and found a fungus infection. She took over an hour with us to find an ENT doctor to make an appointment to have it fully examined. We want you to know how EXTREMELY professional and caring she was to help us. We and you are fortunate to have Jane ** on your staff. She rates a plus 10 in our book. Thank you.

The hearing care professionals from Beltone Hearing Aids were very friendly and got the job done. I had one thing though that bothers me which was the cloak and dagger approach to taking care of issues I have with my hearing aids. They take the hearing aid off in another room then they come back and give me back my hearing aid already cut out and looking newer. I asked about what was wrong and I never get a clear understanding of what's going on with the hearing aid like they’re hiding something. They're not being upfront with me about it. Other than that, the hearing care professionals were great, very thorough when explaining my hearing damage and got me set up with a nice hearing aid, which is working right now. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Like most hearing aids, wearing my hearing aids the first time was a little irritating because I'm not used to hearing so much, but I’m grateful for Beltone. The hearing care professionals were outstanding. When I've been back, working with them has been above and beyond my expectations. My experience has been fine, and I'm very pleased.

I’ve had a hearing aid for years. When I moved over here, I started going to Beltone since they have a place here in town that sells hearing aids. I got new hearing aids from them, had them a couple months, and I'm happy with them. I had trouble with the one on my left ear - it was making a whistling sound. I went over to Beltone and the professionals usually get me right in or make an appointment to have it checked. They were very nice over there, accommodating, and listened to me.

With the other place, I had to drive for about 45 minutes to get to the hearing aid doctor and since I'm getting older, it's rough on me, so I decided to go to this Beltone in town. I'm glad I did and I like both of the places. As soon as I got my hearing aid, I was comfortable with it and I can get out and feel better about it. I'm pretty well satisfied. If anybody's got a hearing problem, Beltone is the place to go.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Profile