2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

BOTTOM LINE

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

PROS

• Covers every hearing level
  • Compatible apps are easy to use
  • Many hearing aid styles available

CONS

• Prices not available on website

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with them. I hear very well, and I've recommended Beltone to a number of friends.

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years.

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
    • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
    • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
    • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
    • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
    ModelTypeFeatures
    Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
    Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
    Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
    Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
    Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
    • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
    • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
    • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
    • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
    • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have known about Beltone for a long time, and my hearing had gotten bad. And I’ve decided to go up and talk to them. I had nothing but a good experience with them. Their customer service has been good. They were very helpful, and I couldn’t have asked for any better service. When I go to church, I couldn’t hear the preacher or when I'm in any kind of meeting, I couldn’t keep up with it. But I can hear better since using my Beltone. I’m well satisfied with it. And I noticed I can hear the television, I don’t have to have it as loud for me to understand what they’re saying on TV.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My family told me that I wasn’t hearing very good, and I was having to ask everybody to repeat things. I had received a thing from Beltone and I thought, “Well, why not?” So I went up and talked to them, which was more convenient than having to drive all the way into Memphis. Their customer service rep was very nice. Since I started using their hearing aid, I hear better, more like one on one. But not that great of a difference. I knew it was gonna cost a lot because I had already checked into everything. I was expecting to be able to hear better than I do, but I’m pleased with what I have.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have a minor hearing loss. My wife and other people have begun to detect it and we've talked about it off and on over the past six months. Then we received a $1,000 discount in the mail and so I decided to go ahead and see what Beltone was about and moved forward with it. A number of different tests dealing with ranges from the bass up to alto or tenor were done and detected a problem with hearing at the high pitch level.

Then for word clarity, they ran a series of 60 sounds or words that have various types of sounds like CH and SH sounds. Through that analysis, they determined that it wasn't a question of clarity and understanding because I only missed 1 out of 60. They also did a distance test with the test on the hearing aid system itself. The rep walked out of the room and talked at a normal voice to see if I could hear it through the hearing aids, which I did. He explained all the testing within both from the bass to the middle range to the high range, the differences, and the functions.

My hearing aids have been good. I have various settings because they are for different purposes, restaurants, at home or in a car. But initially, I had a problem with the way I was setting it back into the charger in the evening. I can rub the hearing aid attachment and I can hear the sound of the rubbing and everything with it right there. There were many times when it wasn't linking on the cellphone. If it wasn't linking, I couldn't reset it for the different environments that I was in. But that seems to have been corrected because I was told to lightly set the hearing device into the charger. I had been pushing it down and I don't know if that had any impact on it or not. I've started doing it with the way I was told and there has been no problem with the link at all. That problem was not with the hearing aid though. It was about the Wifi linkage connection. At this point, I'm satisfied that my hearing aids are working.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had hearing loss from my childhood and it progressively got worse over the years. Then, I had a job in an office space where I had to be super quiet and I can’t hear when they talk. I was really loud and I didn’t even know it. And I’ve learned to lip read. My supervisor did not know I was almost deaf until we had the conversations because I would cheat and see what she was saying and piece it together. I had no choice and was forced to get hearing aids. I did research and purchased Beltone for their reputation.

When I got my first set, I truly heard my husband’s voice for the first time and we’ve been married almost 30 years. I cried the time I heard it. The lady that set me up with it was amazing, she sat there and cried right along with me. I could hear her and even the people in the hallway. I could understand what they were saying. When I go to their office, they know me by name. They genuinely care and it’s not about the money. They try to do everything they can to save me what they can. And they make the aids last as long as possible.

In general, I can have a full-blown conversation with somebody and not have to struggle as much. But with these hearing aids I have now, I’m struggling because my hearing is getting progressively worse and by the end of the year, it’ll be gone on the right side all completely. I’m getting ready to get my third set because my second set is just about the end of their road. What I have now is the one that goes in the canal, and then it’s over the ear, and behind the ear, and that’s probably what I’ll get again. The lady said what might work better for me is the one that’s molded to my ear and it goes inside but we’ll discuss those options when it's time.

It is what it is. I had to pay to get what I have to have, but it’s expensive. The next ones are gonna be $6,000, $7,000 so it’s sad. But they’re well-built hearing aids. My husband wouldn’t listen to me and went to some hearing aid place and he had nothing but trouble with his. I kept trying to say that mine had never broken and my batteries last a good week. I take them out at night and open the battery case so it's not running 24/7.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have partial hearing and my son talked me into getting Beltone Hearing Aids. However, I hear sounds I didn’t hear before, which sometimes I don’t wanna hear, like lawn mower sounds, or a big truck going by, or an explosion. But other times, I pick up things that I had missed. We have an appointment with Beltone coming up so we’ll talk about that and the rep will probably do some adjustments. We’ll see how it goes.

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Thanks for coming to Beltone Allen. We hope your recent visit with the Beltone rep helped you get the adjustments you needed. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Excellent hearing aid and easy quick service when needed. I have had these hearing aids for 3 years and the cleaning and batteries have been a great savings for the hearing well and comfortably. The people who run the office and the service centers are very kind and efficient and are always glad to help in getting things shipshape!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Just had a free hearing test and cleaning of my devices. The device was adjusted and I can now hear better than when I went in. The staff at the Weslaco office is friendly and helpful. I recommend this product and office. You will be happy with everything. Carol **

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was hard of hearing and I needed something. Beltone was close to where I live. They were very nice and handled everything the right way. With the hearing aids, I can hear better. But, right now, I keep having to turn the TV up more and more even with the hearing aids in. And then, in a crowd, I can’t hear what the person says sitting next to me. Customer service has cleaned the device, worked with them, and tried to set them. It seemed like it helped for a while, but then it got back the same way. I have an appointment with them this month.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I called this location in October 2019 because they aggressively advertise that they do home visits anywhere on Vancouver Island serviced by paved roads. This seemed a good option for my 95 year old stepmother who is confined to a wheelchair and is in a demential care facility. Her hearing aids need replacing. I was told I would receive a call back when "the home visit schedule is finalized".

Five weeks later, on November 29 (Friday) I called back to see what was going on. After a lot of humming and hawing the receptionist admitted she had forgotten my request. I requested an urgent call back for Monday (since no one else was there). Received the call back from the technician/manager/whatever on Monday and was informed by him that home visits were no longer being done since he was only on site three days a week when he drove up from Victoria. When I asked why the visits were still being advertised and no one had bothered to communicate the discontinuation to me his response was I didn't have to do business with Beltone. Yup, got that right.

I strongly believe this organization advertises their home visits as a ploy to get potential customers to call (which I think is not in compliance with the competition regulations, but I could be wrong). At best, the advertising is wildly inaccurate. Furthermore, and probably even more troubling, there was no expressed remorse or apology around keeping a 95 year old dementia patient waiting for more than five weeks. These are supposed to be health professionals and I am sure they are fully aware that elderly patients in general are terribly isolated when they cannot hear. Dementia patients in particular have already lost so much - it seems taking the audio sense away as well is unnecessarily cruel.

I am beyond angry that she was treated this way. Shame on you Beltone for allowing this kind of substandard and uncaring service. It certainly makes one wonder what else in their advertising is "inaccurate" and what else falls into the category of buyer beware. My advice is to do what I am doing and run, not walk, to another provider.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Lots my hearing aid after 7 years. Insurance company pushed me to Beltone. Right out of the box, the top-end hearing aid sold/fitted to me by Beltone has ongoing issues. Harmonics - A resonant can be hit at multiple frequencies - causing a matching "tone" to be added. It started off with the email alert on my phone, then I noticed it during songs on the radio, then during conversations with women. In a restaurant setting it is almost unusable. Another unit is on the way. But the first sign of another resonant frequency - I'm asking for a full refund.

Beltone Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Beltone, a global company founded in 1940, has helped millions of people find hearing solutions. Beltone serves all hearing loss levels with its three models of hearing aids. Call your local Beltone Hearing Center for information about financing options.

• Products: Customers choose from three hearing aid lines for various hearing loss levels, including the Trust, Amaze and Boost Ultra. Models are available in behind-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, completely-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear and mic-in-helix configurations.

• Features: Tinnitus relief, rechargeable batteries and Bluetooth capabilities are all available with certain hearing Beltone aids. The HearMax, HearPlus and SmartRemote apps let you control your hearing aid settings, including volume, and the Tinnitus Calmer app helps distract you from the effects of tinnitus. All Beltone hearing aids are compatible with Apple and Android products.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.

• Locations: Beltone has 1,500 franchised locations nationwide where local hearing professionals test your hearing and fit you for a hearing aid.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information