2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.1/5 (587 ratings)

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

About Beltone Hearing Aids

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Covers every hearing level
    • Compatible apps are easy to use
    • Many hearing aid styles available

Cons

• Prices not available on website

Bottom Line

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with t...

Verified

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free he...

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
    • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
    • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
    • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
    • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
    ModelTypeFeatures
    Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
    Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
    Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
    Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
    Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
    • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
    • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
    • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
    • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
    • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021
    I gave Beltone a 5-star rating because I’ve always had great service here. People are friendly, helpful, and they’ve taken care of my hearing aids for the duration of 10 years that I’ve had them. And I’ve said to a friend that the product is quality products, and if you service them and take care of them, they last for a long time. Thank you.
    Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Dr. ** was very helpful in picking the right hearing aid for me and was very professional, knowledgeable, comforting. I highly recommend this office. Dr. ** also took care of my Father-in-Law who highly recommended him to me.

Get buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Front desk receptionist was friendly. Audiologist was knowledgeable and friendly throughout visit. Thoroughly explained the whole process. Gave plenty of options for hearing devices. Test was easy. No complaints!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I believe that my Beltone Aids are the best buy dollar for dollar. My aids are virtually "bullet proof." Their battery life is phenomenal and comfortable. Very easy to wear because they are very light. Exterior interference is minimal and service is very convenient and timely. All employees are very courteous and helpful. I am advised by my technician that further improvements are on the way. My next purchase will be rechargeable.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Have worn hearing aids 50 years plus and since I went back to Beltone, I am now hearing sounds that I was missing out on. Trashed my old Resound aids. They were sent back to manufacturer more than in my ears. Never again with that brand!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Was sold the most expensive hearing aid on the basis that it would be upgraded ($6500) and was not notified that the company Beltone bought the hearing aid from went out of business so I suffered a $6500 loss. Had I been notified maybe they could have gotten me a supply of rechargeable batteries from existing stock. I was called in for my annual check up, not told that my hearing aid was useless, asked to bring my wife with me for the 120 mile round trip and when I got there received a sales pitch on the latest and greatest hearing aid Beltone offers, no discount. I was told hearing aids only last 4-5 years anyway. I was lied to to make a sale in the beginning, mislead on the "checkup" and suffered a $6500 loss. Beltone is not to be trusted.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

Received advertisement for free hearing test. Called made an appointment and when I arrived the first thing they asked for was insurance papers. I then spoke with the doctor who said they could not provide results that it would cost $250.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Beltone Hearing in Puyallup provided testing at no charge to determine if my hearing loss was job related. They also sent me for State provided hearing exams. The company's personal caring service and follow through was and remains excellent, as well as providing the very best in Hearing Aids.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I was a patient of Dr Peter **, received my hearing aids, he was very patient. Explain things in details, he listen to our questions. Didn't rush. He also made sure how to insert the hearing aid before we left his office.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Always someone to take my calls. Like the 'reminder' 24 hours in advance. Friendly, professional, addresses my concerns, and doesn't try to up charge what I don't need nor could I afford. Like the continued service with same company and usually same doctor.

Find a Hearing Aid partner near you.

Beltone Hearing Aids author review by Shelley Webb

Beltone, a global company founded in 1940, has helped millions of people find hearing solutions. Beltone serves all hearing loss levels with its four models of hearing aids. Call your local Beltone Hearing Center for information about financing options.

• Products: Customers choose from three hearing aid lines for various hearing loss levels, including the Trust, Amaze and Boost Ultra. Models are available in behind-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, completely-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear and mic-in-helix configurations.

• Features: Tinnitus relief, rechargeable batteries and Bluetooth capabilities are all available with certain hearing Beltone aids. The HearMax, HearPlus and SmartRemote apps let you control your hearing aid settings, including volume, and the Tinnitus Calmer app helps distract you from the effects of tinnitus. All Beltone hearing aids are compatible with Apple and Android products.

• Trial and warranty: All hearing aids come with a one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.

• Locations: Beltone has 1,500 franchised locations nationwide where local hearing professionals test your hearing and fit you for a hearing aid.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information