toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Marti,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that your husband's hearing aid is working well for him and that you are getting great service from your Beltone location.

Maribeth

Original review: March 22, 2017

My husband really goes well with his Beltone and he has the one where part of it is in the ear and part of it is over the ear. He goes to Josh in Wichita if he needs anything with regard to his hearing aid. He can hear other people better and we can understand each other better. It's easier all the way around and it’s a lot easier to talk to him most of the time. We'd recommend Beltone to other people.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We work hard to provide the best customer service and state-of-the-art products at all of our locations. It is great to hear that you had a good experience

It can be overwhelming and even a little scary when you first go get a hearing test and speak with an audiologist. Hopefully, your story will encourage others who are noticing hearing loss schedule an appointment at their nearest Beltone location.

Original review: March 18, 2017

After struggling with a terrible hearing aid product, I visited with the doctor at Beltone. He listened to me, looked at my old product, shook his head, gave me a hearing test and showed me 3 hearing aids that would work for me. I ended up purchasing one, the Legend 9, and have been very happy with it. I can actually hear again! Because of my job, my hearing aids get rather dirty. I get free cleanings of the hearing aids. I also get free batteries and none of them have been dead. I also get a free hearing exam. This doctor is on top of his game. He listens to you, he makes sure your hearing aids fit, you can hear out of them, and he works with you for the best possible results.

I can remember Beltone since I was in my 40’s and I'm now in my 80’s. I've known for a long time that I couldn’t hear because I kept asking my kids to repeat themselves. The hearing aid I bought from Sonus went over my ear and it simply did not work that well. Even when putting in batteries, they still didn’t work and I gave it up. I finally decided to try something else and two years ago was when I got in touch with Beltone and had the ones that go in my ear. The batteries last really good. Even though the batteries are not cheap, I would rather buy them so I can hear. The one I'm using at this point are Energizer 13. When I had Sonus, I paid for whatever it cost me and when I bought the ones from Beltone and the Energizer battery, it worked just fine and that’s the main thing. I want a hearing aid battery that will work and last for a fair amount of time. I have three kids who are in their 60’s now, I need to be able to hear.

I have gone to Beltone a couple of times. I also have an appointment to see someone on the 18th of this month because they have that little hole that has to be cleaned out occasionally. At my age, I don’t have a good grip as I did when I was 40 or 50. So I need somebody to take care of that to be sure that they're working. I also don’t have any problem getting Beltone because my daughter-in-law will take me to get whatever I need from the store. I usually try to go to Walmart because that’s where I can get them the most reasonable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought aids 6 months ago at Beltone in Paso Robles, CA because they were close to my house. The aids are fine but now they are closing business. I am going on 93 yrs old and they expect me to get to Hesperia, CA if I have a problem. I'm supposed to send my aids FedEx to get fixed. What am I supposed to do, not hear? I paid a lot of money that I didn't really have for the service and now they retire!!!

To my husband, Beltone is all right and he wears them mostly to church where he enjoys them 'cause he can hear better. However, they're too loud when he goes out, like in the restaurant, and he doesn't like to wear them. He's gone in for check-ups several times, and the professionals have called. The doctor seemed nice and my husband puts Beltone at the top of the list due to the experience he's had with the agent on Heatherdowns just beyond Reynolds.

My husband’s sister-in-law had gone to Beltone and she got a pair of hearing aids. But my husband didn’t want hearing aids because it makes you old so I said, “Why don’t we have them adjusted to you? You try them out and see what you think.” And so he did and he couldn’t believe what he could hear. And when we went in finally to have his testing taken care of and to see what they thought I told the gentleman, “You know, people have such a phobia about wearing hearing aids because they think it makes them old so they wait until it’s almost too late." And he said, “Yeah.That happens a lot." And the thing is with the new technology through a remote and through the phone if we're at an auction or something like that my husband can just turn the hearing aid down.

My husband didn’t want people to know that he had hearing aids in so we got the real small ones, the latest technology ones that go behind the ears with a little clear tube that comes down to the ear. Before when he was walking away he’d be talking and I’d say, “I could hear you.” And he say, “No, you can’t.” I go, “Yes, I can.” And now he understands because he said, “I never knew a newspaper sounded like that or a chip bag opening would be so loud.” "Like the dogs," he said, “I never knew when they walk across the tile flooring.” He said that they actually made noise. It was a proof that he definitely needed them.

We went to one office at Monroe and then when they opened up the office up in Perrysburg we started going to them. We still go there periodically. Both of them were absolutely wonderful. They keep checking on him all the time if he has any problems with them. He has a tendency to build up a lot of wax and so they showed him how to clean them. But if he runs into any problems they always tell him to come. Anything that we need they’re more than happy to provide and even make suggestions. We’ve always had a good experience with Beltone and we’ve referred people to them.

My companion had a hearing issue with one ear and went to Beltone for an ear examination. She told me to go with her and have my hearing checked too. The rep has really taken a personal interest in not just me, but everybody that I've seen come in for their hearing. He definitely wants everybody to hear better, and he's a good man. He told me to try these hearing aids, and what a world of difference they made. I could hear so much better. There were some things I didn't really want to hear. My next-door neighbor had three small children all under the age of six, and their very high-pitched voices were quite annoying, but I could hear them really good.

I really like my Beltone hearing aids. They go around the ear and there are three settings on it. One for everyday use and another for if you go to a restaurant. The third setting, which I really like, was set up by the rep so it's best used for me at church. It's awesome and I'm so comfortable with them. Where I used to work, ear protection was mandatory and I would always wear ear muffs. For a while, not very often, I was asked by my supervisor to go out and work production. And when I work production, it got too warm out on the line to wear the ear muffs, so I would wear ear plugs. I was always used to having something either in my ear or over my ear, so wearing hearing aids felt natural.

One major problem I had was one hearing aid went first, and then the other one went too. I went to see the rep at Beltone, but he couldn't do anything, and I had to send them out. I was without hearing aids for about a week, and I really missed them. But other than that, the hearing aids are unbelievable. Also, the people at the Allen Park Facility as well as the rep I worked with, really treated me and my companion with a lot of respect and care. They really wanted us to hear and hear well. It was a treat, not a treatment. And I have recommended Beltone to other people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

My husband was the first one to have hearing aids because he has hearing loss. Then I started to have ringing in my ears. It's a nuisance and I don’t want to have hearing loss yet so I went to get a hearing aid ahead of time. I thought Beltone hearing aids would have better quality than others so I went with them. They're glad I came early. I've been using the hearing aid on my left ear and it is balanced. Since I had it, I haven't had a ringing sound in my ears. But I started getting vertigo and dizziness and the reps at Beltone noticed that it was my right ear that was causing the vertigo. It’s a little off balance. So they had to change the hearing aid to my right ear. They also said I can get the hearing aid for my other ear to keep them even. I got to wait for my insurance papers so they can give me the hearing aid for my left ear and I can get both of them even.

So far, the hearing aid sounds very clear and I'm adjusting to it already. I got it three days ago and it’s helping me. I'm under medication for vertigo, too and it's going away slowly. But I have to go back to Beltone on my eighth day and see how I'm doing. I'll let them know that the little wiring kind of pops out and there are times that the hearing aid doesn't fit into the ear right. It's probably too big.

I got the big ones from Beltone Hearing Aids and they're expensive. I go to their store to have them looked at every 2 months or so and I never had any problems with their reps. But right now, when I listen to music or TV, they crackle in my ear and I don't know if that's due to moisture. Other than that, they've been great.

I liked the salesman at Beltone so I purchased hearing aids from them. I have little bitty ears and they fit behind my ears. They were comfortable and they’re almost invisible. And most people don’t even know I have them. Aaron, Beltone's hearing care rep, is a very personable guy and he talked to me like he knew me for a long time. I moved and I followed him over to the other location that’s closer to where I’m at now. I went to see him a week or two ago for a tune up. He did a minor hearing test because I’ve been having trouble. And so, he readjusted the hearing aids and made them louder. Also, he checked my ears to see which was good and what was a bit worse. I like him and I would recommend him to anybody.

Aaron told me that I am certainly okay for three-year-old hearing aids. They certainly are fitting the bill. But if they wanted to lower the price or give a deal the next time I go, it would be a good thing. The hearing aids cost a lot. They're $6,000 and insurance covers $1,000 in my case. So that’s $5,000 coming out of my pocket. But I've had good experience with Beltone and I’d go to them again.

Beltone has four operations here in the Toledo area and they've got a long-standing, well-recognized name. The biggest problem I had was remembering to put the hearing aids on. I’m in the situation where I’m not really hearing deficient but my wife reminds me to put them on and it’s improved my life. Actually, they're so light that I don't even know I have them on. One of them even fell off the other day and I thought I’d lost it in the toilet but it turned out it was just behind the toilet. The hearing aid care professional Aaron was really good as well. He was professional and he handled himself well. Follow-up action is the key here and he calls me in for a visit every four months. I would do it again with Beltone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

On 4/6/17 I purchased 2 Beltone hearing aids at a price of $5250 each (coupon for $750 off and financed $9000 through Allegra). It is now July and am just totally frustrated with the purchase. I've actually had a friend say "Take those darn things out of your ears so we can talk." I was told they have three settings and I do hear better in church but otherwise it is just frustration with TV, normal conversations and actually a crowded place with many speaking is a nightmare. People being loud across the room interferes with normal conversation. Face to face conversations have almost the same sound as a Rudy Vallee recording on a Victrola with a bad needle.

I've been back a few times for service and do NOT want to be running back on a regular basis when I can actually hear more naturally by cupping my ears than by donning my hearing aids. I've never had hearing aids and have had hearing problems since elementary school. Possibly I am expecting too much but others who have aids swear by them while I seem to swear at them. I have no complaint about the service, which has been pleasant, only about the product. The overall value just isn't there. I would advise others to shop around and make your own decision. There should be fantastic hearing aids out there for well under $10,000.00 a pair.

I got mail from Beltone for a free ear check. I already had hearing aids. I went over, had them checked and they hadn’t been working for a year. So I got new hearing aids from Beltone which was a step below the most expensive one. I like the Bluetooth in my ear. I hear in my left ear so I don't have to worry about it. It’s easy and convenient. But I went over to get a box of batteries from the Beltone offices and villages for the month of April because I had free batteries for the first year. And they said they don’t do that. I had my Beltone Blue Gold Benefits card with my ID number. The lady wouldn't give me any but she sold me a box of batteries. I didn't have to borrow any money from the bank to buy the batteries. But Aaron at the Beltone office takes good care of me. Since I’ve bought the hearing aids, I can hear better sometimes. I also got a military discount from Beltone and I was treated right.

When we went to Beltone, it was just for my husband at that time. The guy there asked me if I would be willing to take a test. I told him I don't like things in my ears and I've always been scared of even putting an ear plug in there because I always had trouble with my ears when I was little. I knew my left ear was bad because I had an operation on that. I gave it a try and the doctor said there's still hearing in my left ear but it's not that good. My right ear is a little better than my left ear. We liked our doctor and after I had the test, they gave me these hearing aids. At first, I wasn't sure about them but they're doing okay and I hear better now. I have no trouble putting them in or putting my batteries in. The doctor also said there's a kit we can use to clean our ears and I have cleaned my husband's already.

My husband has lost one hearing aid though. We were on a trip and there was really loud music. It didn't bother me but he took his out and put them in his pocket. When we got back to our motel, he took them out and he only had one. We couldn't find the other one and we didn't know where to look. Then we went back to Beltone and Greg got him another one.

We're really happy with Beltone. My friends don't have to speak so loud anymore. In my left ear, I still sometimes have to turn towards a person. Then, I can hear them because I'm reading their lips but there are times that they would smile and I just smile back but I guess I didn't hear something they told me. We got an appointment at the end of this month to go back and have our ears checked. I can't believe two little things like these can help somebody hear better. I would recommend Beltone to somebody else if they need hearing aids.

I like that I put my Beltone Hearing Aids in and I don't have to manipulate it. Very seldom do I get where they have to squeal or some way they get feedback. It helped me immensely and I love it. I had a roaring in my ears and that felt gone for me. Then my husband got his a couple of years after mine. He has more problems with his hearing aids. Mine has a couple of options that I can switch but his has only three.

The hearing aid professional did a good job and he's real personable. We see him every three months and he helps maintain the hearing aids. It's a pretty big investment to not have someone help me maintain them. I'm losing my sight and I couldn't read lips anymore so my hearing was really important. I've been very pleased and it's been beyond my expectations. They're my treasures. I have recommended them to friends.

My husband and I travel quite frequently so I wanted to have hearing aids that I could go anywhere and get it serviced if needed. I went to one hearing aid provider and was extremely disappointed. They fitted me with some hearing aids that the tube hit my eardrum. I went home with this 30-day guarantee, after one day, it hurt so bad, I took them back and I did not want to talk to those people again. I went to Beltone and their people treated me wonderfully and gave me all kinds of information. They were also wonderful and awesome. At the time, I got the highest-level hearing aid. Since having them, my husband doesn't tell me that everything is too loud anymore. I also noticed that when I don't hear well, I speak louder but now I'm good.

I go in every couple of months to get my hearing aids checked and it's always positive from the staff right up to my audiologist. I really like the people that I deal with in the Kalamazoo area. However, I get people sending me information from Battle Creek, Hastings, and I don't know why they keep soliciting me but I'm going to the people that sold them to me. Other than that, it was an excellent experience and I've already gotten my $100 gift card for recommending people.

My wife was the first to go to Beltone but I was with her the whole time and when she finally decided to buy the hearing aid, the Beltone rep fit me in too. I knew that I was going to need a hearing aid so I bought the same thing. I go back every three months and their rep checks my hearing aid. She made a few adjustments for the first two or three weeks but it’s really good. She knew what she was doing. I already recommended Beltone to a friend and he went and got them too.

I can hardly hear without hearing aids and a couple of people I know have Beltone. They said it worked for them and when they updated theirs, I got one pair as well. Greg's our Beltone guy and he's top-notch. He knows what he’s doing and he knows all there is to know. You can’t see he’s a doctor but he has good bedside manner. He laughs at my jokes too. When we get a problem with our hearing aids, we go in and he takes care of business. We also go every four months for follow-up. The hearing aids work and that’s just what I needed. Now, I can hear.

Beltone was referred by a friend of ours. My husband stopped by Beltone and the hearing aid care professional was very good, professional and respectful. He gave my husband a little test and told him that he needed hearing aids. He got them a little while later when we went back. Then we did a follow up for my husband when his hearing aid didn't want to work and now, he does a follow-up every three months.

My husband had a little problem with his hearing aids. We called them and they took care of it. The hearing aid care professional was very attentive. When my husband was having problems with his hearing aids in Las Vegas my daughter and son called Beltone and the hearing aid care professional immediately told my son exactly what the problem was and how to fix the problem. I also wear Beltone. We have nothing but good things to say. It's been a fantastic experience overall.

The hearing care professional was outstanding and explained everything. I see him quarterly with comments, follow-ups, some minor cleaning, adjustments and tune ups. I'm pleased and wear my Beltone hearing aids all the time. It doesn't mean I'm going to hear 100% but I'm more confident and I also have recommended it to a friend. I drove him there, he had the cash, purchased a set and wears them. Unfortunately, I didn't get rewarded with the bonus for it and it was about a year ago.

I’ve had a very good experience with Beltone. I'm just getting used to the hearing aids but I'm getting better at it. Now, I'm hearing things I didn't hear before. I'm pretty well-satisfied all in all.

My sister got an ad in the mail about Beltone Hearing Aids and we went together. It was fun. We asked a lot of questions and were impressed with the owner of Beltone in Montana and Iowa where he was originally from. He seemed to really have a lot of information and know what he was talking about. We asked him some questions specifically about Beltone and in regard to other companies and he was forthcoming. In addition, we asked him some specific questions about other things we'd heard about other types of hearings aids and he seemed to be very straightforward in his answers. He didn’t try to sell us and we didn’t feel pressured plus he didn’t badmouth any of the other providers in town.

I got one of their top-of-the-line hearing aids and they're comfortable that I forget I even have them on. We could have gotten something cheaper at Costco but they didn’t have some of the same features and weren’t as up-to-date plus he was able to get some from our insurance so it helped balance it out. We go back regularly for rechecks where he looks at the hearings aids, replaces anything needed or adjusts it and it’s all included in the price we paid for them. The batteries are included so we don’t have to buy batteries and we’ve gotten good treatment from him. It made me hear better and understand what's going on. My sister particularly was missing a lot of words or couldn’t distinguish one word from another and I noticed that she's not missing as many she used to.

I can definitely hear better and I can realize if I forget to put them in one morning especially if I had them in then taken them out in the shower and forget to put them back in, I start feeling as though I'm not hearing as well as I should. We've been very happy with the product and service. The manager always seemed pleased to see us and takes plenty of time to go over everything and answer any questions we have. We also had him come talk to a women’s group we belong to because we realized how important good hearing is and to treat it early on although most of us don’t realize how much hearing we've lost.

Resolution In Progress

I went to your New Port Richey location on Little Road. I knew my dad dealt with Beltone before he passed. I know I do not have a significant loss but wanted checked with my new insurance. After the test, the man expressed very little hearing loss but started pushing $6500 hearing aids. I decided to go to another service for verification after the county deaf services office said I should wait with the little info I had. Thankfully, the second company had similar results but pushed that there is no need at that time for any assistive technology. They suggested yearly monitoring. I plan to go back to them.

My sister had gotten hearing aids at Beltone but then she got sick and had passed away. By then my ears had started acting up and her husband gave me her hearing aids but they didn’t wanna try to fit them for me. I turned hers in and they gave me some credits for that, and then I bought the hearing aids. The hearing care professionals are both very pleasant and helpful. Eric used to be there too and he was very nice as well. They're all lovely people and they run a nice ship there.

They've told me to bring it in for them to look over if I have any issues and I've kept on thinking something wasn't right for a while so I went over there the other day. The girl said it was the earwax that was giving me trouble. She cleaned it up and it made a complete difference. Then she suggested I use a little hydrogen peroxide with a bit of water and keep it in my ear. After waiting three seconds, I bend it out and flush it. That was a good hint and it really made a difference for me.

However, I don't care for the hearing aids. I have to hang them over my ear and push those little things in my ear, but I'm stuck with them. I didn’t realize how bad my left ear had become. But they have definitely helped with the hearing. That was the purpose and they did make a difference. They've made it nicer for me to hear stuff and I can't fault them at all. I would definitely recommend Beltone.

I take care of my mother on a daily basis and I'm here eight to nine hours a day with her. She hears better with Beltone and we talk to her better. We don’t have to repeat ourselves a thousand times. I'm an old nurse and when I work with the elderly, Beltone is basically what most of them wore. The guy that does her hearing aids is the one who suggested the model for her. My mom is 93 years old and Nathan is absolutely wonderful with her. He has all the patience in the job. It wasn’t the most expensive and it wasn’t the cheapest and she's got one for each ear. Her ear canal is kind of odd and if she has trouble, I just put it in for her. Also, the battery life is good and the girl in Cedar Rapids is always good about getting the batteries to her when we order. I have recommended Beltone to other people. They're very polite and nice to us.

The quality of the Beltone Hearing Aid product that I bought is very good. I have the over-the-ear model and I hear very well with it. Dealing with their hearing care professionals worked out very well, too. It was easy to get appointments and they were professional. I'm satisfied with my experience with them.

Beltone hearing aids were the only ones I knew about and I got the regular ones. They do the job and I can hear better with them. They guy who fit my hearing aids was easy to work with and I go to them for cleaning. I do my follow-ups and make sure that everything is working right. The service was excellent overall.

I got the in-the-ear Beltone hearing aids and they’re what I was looking for. When I got used to them, I don't even know they're there. Their cost was a little bit higher, but the company is good and it's local. Every three months, I go back to Beltone and have my hearing aids checked to make sure they're functioning correctly and everything is where I wanted. Matt, a hearing care staff there was very professional. He spends a lot of time and does a super job of making sure I've got what I want and need.

I had a previous provider but it didn't work and I decided to purchase a Beltone hearing aid that goes around the ear. The other company had a little remote control box to carry with and that's the reason why I didn't like it. But with Beltone, when I was having trouble getting the tip in my ear, they have made a mold of the ear and that is now in my ear. So, we're trying that out to see if that works. I just got to remember to put the hearing aids in, which is my problem. I can hear good, but I have to make sure I have them in for people that talk softly or TV. Furthermore, anytime I'd call when I've had trouble or my husband has had trouble, they give us an appointment, either the same day or within a day. And, I love their free batteries for now because their batteries don't last very long.

I trusted Beltone and got from them hearing aids that go in my ear. Some of the other companies are cheaper than Beltone, but I try to get the best. Their staff was very good about helping me as well. I always have a follow-up with them, especially that sometimes the hearing aids need cleaning. So I take the hearing aids to them and they clean them for me. With the Beltone hearing aids, I hear people much better. I will recommend Beltone to other people.

I'm a pharmacist and Beltone had the best reputation with my clients. I got the $6,000 over-the-ear and in-the-ear products. However, the first year with the hearing aids was a nightmare. I can't get used to them but 50% of it is my fault because I won't wear them. I couldn't get accustomed to them and I kept getting this echo but the lady that does the adjusting is lovely. They finally got that straightened out recently and she redoes me every two months. The people with Beltone have been very good.

The people at Beltone are nice and they don't beat around the bush. They told me anything I wanted to know and they're good. I got the hearing aid that goes over the ears from them. I went to another place and they wanted to put something inside my ears. The people there said a hearing aid would never help me and I proved them wrong. I've got a cuckoo clock and before the cuckoo does its job, there's a little bird that sings. All I heard was the cuckoos, but when I got the hearing aids from Beltone, I can hear the bird singing. Overall, I was very satisfied.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Profile