4.52/5
  • 1 star
Based on 208 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

505 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Would rate 0 if I could. I was excited and ready to purchase hearing aids in the fall after an initial consult this summer. However after seeing my primary for a sick visit and mentioning my intention of purchasing hearing aids, she asked if I could provide her a copy of the hearing exam for my medical records. I didn't think it being an unusual request so I called the local Beltone in Auburn, MA around October 14, 2017. I was told a copy of my exam would cost $125. I told the call center rep (that called me back in place of the local office directly) that I thought that was outrageous since a few years before it only cost me about $30 to get 33 years of medical records copied and sent to my new primary AND that I believed that was in violation of MA state law regarding HIPAA and non-HIPAA providers and what they can charge for copies of a patients medical records.

I was told that it was franchise rules and that I would need to call corporate. I called a number and was told a message would be sent to corporate. It has been over two months and I still have not heard back. I was fully planning on spending $5K to $6 for hearing aids but after this ridiculous request I don't think that will still occur. I still want a copy of my medical record for a reasonable price per HIPPA and MA law below. Here is the link regarding MA state laws and HIPAA (covers but audiologists and hearing aid specialists). I don't believe I misread the regulations but there is always the slight chance... www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/borim/physicians/medical-records-brochure.doc.

Beltone Hearing Aids response
Hi Maria,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I've had very good service from Beltone. All the treatments and the people I've dealt with have been great, and everything's been quite satisfactory. Beltone was highly recommended by the people at the doctor's office that I go to. And then, when my daughter looked it up and saw their ratings, we decided to go with them and we'll continue to go with them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Beltone hearing aids are comfortable and I've had them for about four years now. I'm satisfied with the professional who takes care of me very well in the area that I go to. And overall, I enjoy working with the people at Beltone. They're conscious of my problem and they're always there to suggest and to help me out. And if there is a repair of some sort, they do the job very well. They also furnish me with batteries when I need them. I had a follow-up appointment about two weeks ago on a question that I had about my hearing aids, and they took care of me very well.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I've had Beltone hearing aids for 15 years and I've worn different ones. All the hearing aid I got from them goes in my ear. The first one, I'd like to tuck them out. The second pair, they gave them to me. I bought the third pair and it's the best I've ever had. I wear them at night but I take one out 'cause it hurts my ear. I go see their reps every now and then. They would call me and get my hearing aids checked. However, the battery doesn't last long enough. I change it every four days. But so far, the hearing aids have been fine.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My husband had been using Beltone for a number of years in Connecticut, and when we moved here 13 years ago, he decided he would continue. He wanted to check for prices and he went to another purveyor, and he didn't feel that it was any better than what he had. He has one of the higher-end Beltone hearing aids, and he has all kinds of adjustments and things he can make on it. He went to an audiologist and a doctor and he felt that the care he got was good and what he purchased was helping him.

My husband has always been very pleased with Stephanie. She is a hearing care representative at the Port St. Lucie, Florida office and she has been terrific. We've been going to her a lot whenever there's a problem, and she has always been helpful. She really is lovely and very thorough. Without my husband's hearing aids, it's impossible to communicate with him. And Stephanie also recommended that I wear a transmitter so when he speaks to me, it's amplified for him. It was really helpful. He has some adjustments on the phone, too, and he puts it on speaker phone. Beltone encourages you to come back if you're not happy. They work with you, and they seem very caring. The office itself is comfortable to be in, and it's convenient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We went to the senior center here in Pocatello and Beltone came down and did free hearing tests. I'm 76 years old and I've talked to other people my age who have hearing aids. Some of them have dealt with other providers around the area and several were saying to avoid certain places. But Sabrina at Beltone has done a fantastic job and I tell other people who have hearing problems to see her.

Sabrina did the preliminary test at the center and told me that I have hearing loss, which I already knew. Then she told me we needed to do a comprehensive test so we went up to their office and did an hour and a half long test. She pointed out where my hearing loss was and what was happening and told me how they can help. Her knowledge of the product and the fact that she cares were impressive. I also liked that when my wife and I decided to go for it, I didn't have to wait weeks or a month. She left the room and came back with the hearing aid. The hearing aid works and it's helped a lot.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My hearing aids were supposed to work with my iPhone 7 but don’t. I called Beltone and Apple. I have the Beltone True PSE 963-DRW. There is no way to pair them with spending more money for a gadget. I don’t have that money and I don’t want another gadget.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My wife had done some research and said that Beltone was what we were going to get. I’ve had Miracle-Ear at one point and they have rebuilt it three times and I never could wear it. It’s getting worse and worse, so I gave up on that. Beltone seems to be working out just fine. It amplifies sound so I can hear. It sits behind my ear. It’s not exactly visible. My glasses interfere with it but I can hear with it. So, I’ll put up with that.

The person who fitted me with the hearing aid did an excellent job. We’re quite pleased. Plus, if we have any issues at all, we give them a call and we can get right in and get it taken care of immediately. I’m very happy with the guy here locally. We went in a while back because my wife’s hearing aid appeared to have quit. He instantly got us in the office on a walk-in and checked it over. The little black screen had gotten clogged. He cleaned the thing all up and replaced that and the little earbud thingies. She’s quite happy at this point with it. While we were in there, he took mine and cleaned them and gave them back. That was excellent customer service.

The hearing aid makes my life a lot better. I’m a volunteer with the Sheriff’s Department and for a long time, I’ve had trouble understanding the dispatcher because she comes through a speaker mic on my portable radio. Now with those in, I get much better clarity from the dispatcher and I can actually tell what she’s telling me to do. This is critically important that I’d be able to understand and respond to her. This has helped me greatly in that respect. The experience has been very satisfactory. The hearing aids have done exactly what they promised they would do and we haven’t had a moment’s trouble with them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Beltone hearing aids fit right into my ears without a lot of extra things noticeable and I get good service from them. I have had their hearing aids for seven years. I thought they were the only one in Hagerstown so I chose them. It was my first hearing aids, so when I talk to other people that have a different kind of hearing aids, I would say in a really kind way that if they go with Beltone, they wouldn't have any problems. So far, we go to Hagerstown when I needed anything from them. And they make sure that everything is clean and working. I really appreciate the help they give. All in all, I'm so pleased with Beltone. They served me well and I would recommend them to anybody that wants to know about getting hearing aids.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought one of Beltone’s expensive hearing aids. It goes behind the ear and then it runs into it. I have also bought a used hearing aid before and it was cheaper than what I was looking at from Professional Hearing. They’re a huge company, but I went with Beltone and I'm very happy. The hearing aids work for me. I like that it dings to tell you when you have a low battery, and I also like is I can go back and get checked every three months to make sure they're working. I have recommended Beltone Hearing Aids to several of my friends.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The man who gave me my previous hearing aids had a drawer full of loose hearing aids. It was very apparent that my hearing aids were set up for someone else because they had absolutely no resemblance to anything at all with my hearing problems and he charged me a fortune. I paid 6,000 for my hearing aids. The company was nasty and horrendous, and they wouldn't work with me. I got his secretary to call me because they claimed the hearing aids were lovely. They were lovely to them, but not to the customer. So she sat there and listened to all these awful stuff and then she got it canceled for me. He told me that my ears would connect to the hearing aids and my own nerves would start picking up and I would start hearing. She explained to me that that was a total fabrication.

I kept waiting for mine to pick up and each time I would go in I would say I can't hear. He was having me sign that things were fine and they weren't. It was just terrible because I'm active nationally in the Republican party and I taught bible study fellowship, and while they could hear me, I couldn't hear anyone talking to me. And it just got worse and worse. He changed out my hearing aids two or three times but it never made a difference. I had to pay another 1,500 to get a replacement hearing aid.

Finally, I borrowed a friend's hearing aids and I could hear with some of theirs. I called Beltone and they have been absolutely wonderful. They have delightful doctors and their doctor started testing me. She started telling nothing matched to what he's said. She sat down and spent an entire hour explaining how my ears were and explained to me how the hearing aids work. When I walked out of her office that afternoon, I could hear the questions they asked me in the bible study. I can now hear beautifully and I have told everyone go to Beltone in Georgetown. I was really delighted to be able to hear people talk to me and have people not get mad at me and scream at me. I got the ones in the ear but they are not as comfortable as the behind the ear model which I prefer. I can also hear music better with the behind the ear type.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have the Beltone hearing aid that is inserted in my ear. Beltone is convenient and they give good service. When we got to Las Vegas, we tried to find a Beltone service center. The service people are polite. They're also very good and clear. Unexpectedly, we messed up the Bluetooth part of the hearing aids so we went back and asked for help and they did.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Beltone was close to my house when we lived in Virginia Beach and I always remembered their name, so I went in and checked them out. Diane, the lady who ran the Beltone Virginia Beach office, was great. I liked her a lot and I got the Beltone hearing aids. But a year after, I thought that these were old lady hearing aids and I wasn't that old yet, so I went to an audiologist and tried some other ones. I was in law school at that time and while I was trying the other brand of hearing aids, my girlfriend said that I should go back to Beltone. Since then, I've been a Beltone customer and my current Beltone set is the third one that I've had.

The Beltone hearing aids that I am using now provide much clearer and crisper sounds. I can hear much better with them than I used to, even with the last Beltone product I had. I love the rechargeable feature. But I would like Beltone to improve the rechargeable battery as I need these to last, sometimes for 16 hours a day, and they don’t do that.

Originally, it was difficult for me to get the Beltone hearing aids because I wasn't told that, for people like me who are on active military duty, these are paid for. After I found out about this, though, I had to apply to have these and it took a little while to get this going. But Beltone didn't cover the leasing option. I'm still young enough that I need new technology every couple of years, so the leasing option works better for me.

There's a perception that the Beltone hearing aids are for old people. Most of the time, however, the people I saw at Beltone, such as at the offices of the audiologist or the ENT, were younger people, but there were not many people who lost their hearing as early as I did. I found the quality of the Beltone hearing aids to be really good and younger people need to understand that this is a good product. Also, I like where Beltone is going with the development of better hearing aids and more flexibility for people like me who are still out there working or doing something.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It's very important for me to hear everything, especially when I have to go to my doctor's appointment. Beltone first gave me a test to see how much I could hear and they told me about their hearing test. When I went to their office, the doctor was there and he showed me three different types of hearing aids. He told me that the small one was better for me. He told me everything about it, and then told me how to use it, how to take it off and how to put on the battery. I'm very happy with it. The first night that I was watching TV, I really enjoyed every word they were saying. I love it. At night, I turn off the unit and take it off and in the morning I wear it again. I would recommend Beltone to anyone who wants to hear what's going on.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have two of Beltone's top of the line hearing aids. I initially had to get a hearing aid because I lost my hearing due to meningitis. It diminished my hearing to the point where I needed to use a set of hearing aids. I went through the whole process of testing and tried Beltone's hearing aids set for a month. I liked them, so I purchased them. Three years later, I bought a second set. I upgraded to a better version of the hearing aids. Three years after that, which was just back in December, I upgraded again. Now, I'm on a leasing plan for the hearing aids that I have. They function really well for me from the get-go so I stay with Beltone.

Also, as long as Gary, the personal friend, stays in business in Palm Coast, I'll continue to use him as my go-to person for this kind of stuff. I really like him. Not being able to hear and then being able to hear is a night and day thing. Beltone has treated me very well and it allows me to hear. I also like its Bluetooth feature. It allows me to connect to my cell phone and I like that I can adjust the treble and the bass through the app that I have on my phone to allow me different settings.

I also have the rechargeable batteries but they tend to run out quicker for me, especially the right ear. Gary told me that the right ear would run out quicker because of the loss of hearing that I have in that ear. It's so severe that they had to jack up the settings so it uses the energy quicker. Even though the rechargeable batteries will run out, I can also put in the regular batteries which will allow me to continue without having to stop and recharge the batteries. It's been a very good experience for me. My quality of life improved because of it, so I'm very satisfied. I will continue to use their product. When people ask about my hearing aids, I tell them that they're Beltone.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had many people offer me hearing aids but I travel and Beltone is everywhere I go. I like its tone which I can turn up if I need to. The doctor who fitted me these hearing aids was really good at explaining. If I have any problems, he's there. Also, the receptionist was awesome. They’re friendly and they work with me very well. This is my third pair and I never have any trouble. It’s such a dream and I’m very happy.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Since Beltone has been around for many years, I bought hearing aids from them. I got the one that I can connect to the iPhone, and I like being able to control it by phone. I’ve gone down back at Beltone several times and the hearing care representative has been excellent. Beltone is doing a great job. They’ve been very supportive, and I’m very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I’ve been using Beltone products since 2008 and I’m very satisfied with the experience. I had hearing loss and I needed some help, so I went to see them. I had already tried a couple of other ones and wasn’t satisfied. They’re the kind of hearing aids that you insert in your ear and I got this feedback that I couldn’t wear a bandana even because it would make the noise unbearable. Also, if I’m in a crowded room, I still won’t hear very well. Patty, the rep from Beltone, let me try one on. I wore it at home for 30 days and I liked it. Patty was wonderful and great too. She was never pushy and she didn’t ever try to sell me out. Every time I'd go in for an appointment, she’d fix whatever it is that was bothering me. When I went in for a regular appointment and found out that she’s retired, I was devastated. But she’s contacted me about a week ago and followed up with how I felt.

I’ve bought thrice from Beltone already. The first one I had was the over-the-ear and inside the ear type, then I got a newer one of the same kind. The other one is also the same type, only it's about three years old now. I like the last ones I have and I like that I don’t get any background noise from it. I'm very comfortable with it as well. Nobody can even tell I'm wearing hearing aids. They're surprised when I show them. Since I’ve had the hearing aids, my life has been better. If I forget to put them in and go out someplace, I'm just lost because I don’t hear half of what anybody is saying.

The only thing about Beltone Hearing Aids is that they’re very expensive. I would like to get a newer one, but I couldn’t afford it. Also, I don’t use all the features that come with the new one, but in order to get a better hearing aid, I have to take all those things that go with it. So, I’d just take care of what I have now and hope that they would work for a long time. Also, the batteries don’t last very long. It’s irritating because the most I can get out of them is 5 days and that is an expense that I still count on. Nevertheless, I would recommend Beltone to anybody. This brand is probably the best and I would do the experience again and in a heartbeat.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I'm very pleased with Beltone. I bought those little hearing aids that go behind the ear. And they are working real well. Their staff is outstanding and helpful and the doctor offers suggestions to improve the hearing because you go through an adjustment time to get used to them. I like that I can talk to someone on the phone with the hearing aids. They have paired my phone with my hearing aids. And the voice cuts through real nice and crisp and clear. When I use a regular phone, I have difficulty hearing even with the hearing aids. But with the pair on the phone, and the hearing aids, it is perfect. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

When I was looking for hearing aids, Beltone was one of the choices with my insurance. It wasn’t covered but they offered assistance. It’s very popular and they were very nice so I was satisfied when I went in there and talked with them. I like the Bluetooth and the feature that when I’m out and about like in a restaurant, I can put it in a restaurant mode and it gets rid of the background noise.

The staff was very professional and the testing went well. They explained very thoroughly what they were doing. I had to be fitted a couple of times with the tips that went on the hearing piece until it was comfortable for me and they worked with me on that. Every four months, I go back and they clean it, check it and make sure everything's going okay. Everybody in the office has been wonderful and I would recommend. It's good, I can hear and I love it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I've been wearing hearing aids for 17 years. I first got them from Kaiser Permanente but had bad luck there. Then I heard from another customer that Ben, from Loma Linda Hearing Aid Center, did great customer service. So, I contacted him and he's been fitting me with hearing aids ever since. He is friendly, very professional and works great with my schedule. I can also walk in off the street and get my hearing aids cleaned. He switched from several other types of hearing aids but whatever he was selling, I was buying because he was so good at it.

Then Beltone bought them and I just kept buying them from him. The Beltone hearing aids I got are behind the ear ones with this little clear wire and the microphone is inside the ear. It works a lot better than the last set I got. I've had three with Bluetooth, but this one really works well. I also like the phone interface to the iPhone. I'm a singer and I'm practically deaf. These hearing aids have given me my life back. I went through a few of those garbage hearing aid providers, and finding someone you can trust, gives you good service, does what they say they're going to do and treats you with decency and respect is hard. But the way Ben runs that store and the way he takes care of his customers is beyond your wildest wants and needs as a hearing aid user. I've brought many people to him.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Beltone is good business and I've been with them for years. What I have from them is a premium hearing aid, but still goes in my ear. It's comfortable to wear and the battery lasts about five days. The people at Beltone have always done me right and treated me fair. They'd always give me a call before my appointment to let me know. They'd also give me a call every time I forgot my appointment. So, I appreciated that a whole lot. They have a rep in Reidsville and I like him pretty well. They do an excellent job. When they got you an appointment, when you walk in, your appointment is there. And if somebody don't show up, he keeps you right there. Or if he's still with somebody before that, he takes you right there.

It is worth the money because a lot of people say, "Oh, I'll do this a little cheaper." But if you look on the long run, you get what you've paid for. And I want it right. I'd recommend Beltone to a friend in a heartbeat. I don't have any trouble working with them. If I do have any kind of trouble, they fix it right away. They don't ask questions. They just ship it right off and they'll send it right back. They don't charge me anything.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have had my Beltone hearing aids for five years already, and I went with them because they have been around for a long time. I like everything about it, and the person I dealt with was professional. I can hear better with it, and they have always been there for me. I’m satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I learned about Beltone a long time ago through word of mouth. It works well for me, I like its convenience and it's wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I've had Beltone products for quite a few years now and this is the third set of hearing aids I've got. I found Beltone at the shopping center here in Chipley so it was handy to go with them. The people that worked in the office were very nice, friendly and they were glad to help. Their hearing aids are very comfortable and the battery life lasts a long time. I wouldn't be able to hear a lot of people talking without these hearing aids. They've helped my living and made it easier. I always get along good with their customer service and they always take care of me. It's been a good experience with them and they have good products. I'm very happy with Beltone and I'd recommend them to others.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Hearing Aids are fine. Matt was wonderful. BUT, could not get the help I needed to to get the insurance work done on my behalf. Made many calls to the office and no one could give me an answer. Hearing aids work very good, have no complaint with them. I went to the Plainfield Indiana store 317-742-5460 phone number. The seller Matt license no. is **. No one should have this aggravation at 72 years old. Thank You.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I badly needed hearing aids and I was driving around and I saw Beltone. I have three different programs but I had my hearing aids for a while and I had to get them changed. I have the newest technology of the hearing aids right now. I just got a new pair three weeks ago and they work very well. Rusty was the first one I worked with, and I like him so I try to stick with him. Rusty is the best, and my experience has been very good. My wife gets along good with him, and my sister has gotten hearing aids from him, too.

He used to be in the Falls and then he got transferred over but I found out where he was. He does a very good job and his secretaries are very good, too. If I happen to need something, I can stop in and see him if he's not busy and he could just adjust something for me. If something doesn't feel right, they'll come in and fix it for me right away. We live here in the Falls and the expressway's in the back, and my wife said I couldn't hear her. I had to see Rusty the other day because I was getting too much background noise, and he's got my hearing aids all fixed up now. I recommend Beltone to everybody and I've been giving their cards to people trying to at least help them get their hearing checked. But some people are pretty stubborn. One person told me that the hearing aid makes me look old. But I'm 72 years old and most people don't even know I have them in.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Beltone was cheaper and I like the friendliness of the operator in answering our questions so I went with them and got two rebuilt hearing aids. Sometimes I'm really hard of hearing and other times I can hear the things that my wife can't hear. But generally, Beltone has made my life a little easier. Their rep has gone out of his way to help us and make things work for us. So, I'm very pleased and very well satisfied with them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've been wearing Beltone hearing aids for over 40 years. I got the small one that goes in the ear and I've been satisfied with them. I love the person I go to. He's really nice and I don't think I could find anybody better.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was looking through my insurance book and Beltone was listed. So, I had heard different people say that they were good and this is my third set of hearing aids. This is also the only one that I would class a hearing aid because I can hear things I haven’t heard for 25 years. They’re hardly visible and they are easy to put in. I have always had my TV sound at 38 and 40, but I now have it at eight! Their people were very friendly, very helpful and explained a lot about the hearing aid, which when I got them before nobody explained to me anything. I just can’t say enough good about the place and about the people that are there.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information