toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Marti,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to hear that your husband's hearing aid is working well for him and that you are getting great service from your Beltone location.

Maribeth

Original review: March 22, 2017

My husband really goes well with his Beltone and he has the one where part of it is in the ear and part of it is over the ear. He goes to Josh in Wichita if he needs anything with regard to his hearing aid. He can hear other people better and we can understand each other better. It's easier all the way around and it’s a lot easier to talk to him most of the time. We'd recommend Beltone to other people.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We work hard to provide the best customer service and state-of-the-art products at all of our locations. It is great to hear that you had a good experience

It can be overwhelming and even a little scary when you first go get a hearing test and speak with an audiologist. Hopefully, your story will encourage others who are noticing hearing loss schedule an appointment at their nearest Beltone location.

Original review: March 18, 2017

After struggling with a terrible hearing aid product, I visited with the doctor at Beltone. He listened to me, looked at my old product, shook his head, gave me a hearing test and showed me 3 hearing aids that would work for me. I ended up purchasing one, the Legend 9, and have been very happy with it. I can actually hear again! Because of my job, my hearing aids get rather dirty. I get free cleanings of the hearing aids. I also get free batteries and none of them have been dead. I also get a free hearing exam. This doctor is on top of his game. He listens to you, he makes sure your hearing aids fit, you can hear out of them, and he works with you for the best possible results.

Every time I had the TV on, somebody would come in and grab the remote to turn it down and think, "Uh-oh, I don't have it on that loud." I got a coupon from Beltone in the mail, so I went for them. The doctor was a good guy, and I didn’t have any problems with their sales professionals. I got the model that goes behind the ear, and when I got them in, they were okay. However, it seems like the one is working okay but the other one isn't.

We're happy with my mom's hearing aid. It's the thing that goes two bits, there's something that goes inside of the ear and then a little skinny tube goes behind the ear. I am the one that puts them on her because she's got dementia. I liked Mike, the salesman that runs the Beltone office. I could have gone with somewhere else if it wasn't for him. He was nice, caring, knows his business and helped us out decide on what kind of hearing aid to get. The first one didn't work out very good and he had to do some tweaking with the part that goes into her ear because her canal was made different than her other ear. He had been really patient and it's good now. She had lost half hearing in both ears and now she can hear so it made a big impact in her hearing.

I have two kinds of Beltone hearing aids. I've got one that went over the ear but that didn’t work too well for me. I wear wigs and the over-the-ear hearing aid would interfere with getting my wigs on. Had I known that beforehand, I wouldn’t have gotten them. But I still have them and I can wear them when I don’t have my wigs on. So now I have the kind that goes right in the ear and I like that. I forget they’re even on and I’m always afraid I will lose them. So far, I've misplaced them a couple of times but I found them. I’ve gotten used to them and if I get them in right, they stay good.

The hearing aids help me with my balance and I’m very happy with them. They’re better for me when I watch TV, especially if I want to watch a movie. I can hear the news okay without them but if I want to listen to a movie, they help me a lot. But I don’t wear them all the time. I’m good in the morning but by afternoon, I need to wear them.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Beltone. I went with them and they’re expensive but I can afford them if they help me. And then the rep from Beltone was very nice. He taught me how to clean the hearing aids better so that they don’t get clogged up so soon. I never knew much about them before then I got right into it and I like them as long as I don’t lose them. It’s quite new to me and so I’m learning to be better at it.

My daughter checked into hearing aids for me and she came up with Beltone. The hearing aids I got are the small ones that go inside the ear. And then I got bigger ones this year that also go inside the ear and had programs with them. I like the way they work but I don't like the way they feel in my ears. But I've noticed a difference since using it when I'm talking to people or listening to the television. Overall, it's been a very good experience.

I purchased over-the-ear hearing aids from Beltone that has three settings in it which I like. The hearing care professional who fit me with my hearing aids was really easy to work with. He was knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable. The only thing I don't like about the hearing aids is that they keep clogging up because I have a lot of earwax. One time, we had to see a Beltone rep because one of the hearing aids wouldn't work because it was clogged up. The rep cleaned them for me, but it's a pain to keep them cleaned up. Another time, the hearing aids were popping out of my ears so I had to go back to Beltone to get the molds done. Nevertheless, I like the hearing aids and they've been good. I get about four days of battery life. Furthermore, I'm able to understand speech better and I'm not as mean anymore. Overall I'm satisfied with my hearing aids.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Beltone is a top notch company. I've always had a positive experience with them and I have absolutely no complaints. I knew the owner of the dealership before I went to him for hearing aids, and he and my husband played in a band together. I also know the rest of his staff, I've dealt with some of his other people who do the testing, and everybody is always very congenial. I’ve had two hearing aids and I have the over the ear now. I like that I have four different programs in them and I also have a remote to change the volume or the programs. I got my mother’s bad hearing so without hearing aids, I would miss so much. The hearing aids impacted my life a lot, it's really high quality, and I've been pleased with them. They have some new ones out just recently and I may eventually move up to the next level. I have recommended Beltone to a friend.

I wanted a company who is dependable and I could trust. Beltone has been in business for a long time and I figured that it was it. I went along with the recommendation. Erin ** was our hearing aid specialist and he is very efficient and very good. He ran the tests and then he chose a hearing aid that he thought would do the job and that's what I have. I purchased two hearing aids, one for each ear, and I was able to get a big discount through my insurance. My experience has been very, very good. My hearing aids have helped a lot. I'm able to go to church now and hear the sermon. I was not hearing it before so that's a plus. I'm very satisfied with the Beltone service. The follow-up is good and I got help with getting new batteries. It's a successful set of hearing aids. They work well and everything seems to be going on okay.

I'm the son & P.O.A. of Dorothy **. She can't hear, reason for hearing aids, or see from macular degeneration (MD). The contract phone number Beltone called to make the appointment is mine and made an appt 6/2/17 at 10:30am. Upon arriving at 10:30am & waiting in the waiting room, Mr. J. ** was loudly talking to the previous client about how to check the batteries in her aids. He was like scolding her to check the batteries before coming in. Now I was called to make this appt due to "It was time to check & clean her hearing aids". But Mr. J ** didn't even know why we were in front of him. So I explained that we were there to get them fix.

Mr J ** took what I said As A Threat. He first ask me if I wanted to talk to his supervisor Mr. Shawn **. I said YES. Then I was told to wait outside of the building for him to help my mother who is 95. Now if a 70 year old man, Me, can threaten a Larger Stronger ** Man that is Mr. J **, well that's ludicrous. I went outside to appease Mr. J ** to fix my mother's aids & on completion of the appt I was told the SAME FIX as the previous CUSTOMER. MR. J ** will be the reason my Mother & I go somewhere else. This Guy is a TRUE JERK... Beltone you'll be losing money from this Rude, Lying & Conniving Jerk. He's there for the paycheck. Beware Shawn. Had to give 1 star... but Mr. ** doesn't warrants any stars, dishes, or dots. This person is a Loser!

I got from Beltone a third generation right behind the ear hearing aid for myself. My wife said we're going to get the best so that's all we've done but it was expensive. Our man, Aaron down in Maumee, Toledo area takes care of mine and he's done a good job. He takes good care of us. They're always available and they call to remind us of our appointments. Having the hearing aid has changed a whole lot of my quality of life because it was getting ugly not being able to hear. I used to sit on the balcony when I went to stage plays but now, I have sat down on the main floor and I haven't sat down there before I got the hearing aid so I just continued but I still miss quite a bit. I can hear the television better, though. We're well-satisfied.

I've read advertisements about Beltone and I've had friends that have their service. I like everything about it, which is the reason I purchased a second set. If I wouldn't have been satisfied, I would have went to somebody else and spent a lot of money for hearing aids. I've always had Beltone. I've had my second set for about a year and a half now. It increased my quality of life greatly because I can hear what's going on now and it's always been good. I've been satisfied with the service, with their people that do the diagnosis of what I need and with what my local rep does for me. I like him. He's very professional and he takes good care of me.

My kids were telling me that I ought to check my hearing. I decided that I wanted to go to Beltone. I'm very well pleased with them and I would recommend them. The doctor was very good and the receptionist was excellent. I talked to the doctor and he said, "You need hearing aids." I purchased the little ones that just fit inside the ear. I didn't want people to know that I had a hearing aid. My kids say, "Mom, it won't make any difference." I said, "Well, it makes a lot of difference." But I'm well satisfied with my hearing aids. They help me a lot.

Beltone is close by and their hearing care professionals who fit me with my hearing aids were very good, confident and understanding. I've been hearing better since and it has increased the quality of my life. Overall, my experience with them has been very satisfying.

The Beltone hearing aids I purchased were small, which I like. With the hearing aids, I can hear better. The hearing care professional was excellent as well. The only thing is the battery of the hearing aids. There's a company who said they have free batteries while with Beltone, I have to pay for it. It would be better if I wouldn’t have to considering the cost of continuously buying batteries. Except for that, it was a very pleasant experience and I’m satisfied with Beltone’s service, which was in the first place why I went with them.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Angela,

Sorry that you had a negative experience. We have reached out to this Beltone location and asked that they follow up with you directly to resolve your issues. Please let us know if there is anything we can do in the meantime.

Original review: May 20, 2017

03/24 - When being fitted for new devices I was assured that I would not be billed until trial period was over and that I would receive a call when they found best plan for my budget. 04/06 - The whole process was rushed and here I am holding a bunch of paperwork, a bag, and new devices. Happy customer I should be right? The bill came in less than 30 days and the devices were defective less than that. 04/14 - (1) device stopped working and doctor office contacted. 04/18 - Dr. changed filter and battery. Received mailing packaging to return current working devices to be reprogrammed and trade-in device. Meanwhile new device stopped working in (1) day. 04/23 - The device was sent back along with my spare devices to be reprogrammed, and another device to be used as a credit towards new purchase via FEDEX.

I called Dr. office & confirmed with Dr. that devices were received 04/26 in good status and they will be contacting me soon. As of 05/20/2017 NO RESPONSE from provider, no credit received, & no insurance claims filed yet. However, second installment made to finance company who are very persistent with their phone calls. Based on the timeline recorded anyone can see how NOW once $$$ has been transacted the customer service follow up part gets lost. So, ranting over my dissatisfaction with Beltone over the past year makes me wonder why I have stayed a "loyal" customer to them since 2010; some serious reevaluating needs to be done on my part. People with hearing loss and any other disability tend to be looked upon as "secondary" when it comes to companies providing HONEST customer service. What's even sadder is that the companies tend to forget that if it was not for us they would not be in business.

My husband and I have Beltone hearing aids. We trust their rep whom my husband has been going to for years. I was satisfied with my first pair, so I decided to go with them again for my second pair. I like that the hearing aids are adjustable and it makes a big difference because I can hear more, so I’m not like in a fog. I’ve been happy with Beltone and they’ve sold several sets of hearing aids because I’ve recommended them.

I had hearing aids from the VA and a friend I worked with came over one day and showed me his own hearing aids and told me about Beltone. He also said that our insurance paid for it. So, I got Beltone hearing aids and they have only one feature which cuts out background noise and I like it. My experience with the staff who fit my hearing aids could not have been better. It was Steve and he was in Findlay, Ohio. He’s well-versed, easy to get along with and knows what he’s doing. I liked him. I've also had very, very good interactions in all ways with the Beltone professionals since my purchase. I’ve only ever had one problem where the gate wouldn’t snap close, so I called and came in almost immediately. They fixed it, and I was on my way. Now, everybody here doesn’t have to keep repeating themselves, so Beltone has probably increased their quality of life even more than mine.

I’ve had hearing aids for 25 years and Beltone for around 7. I got the one that goes behind the ear as those are the strongest that are available. Beltone has made a difference and my hearing has been better, but not good enough. I still have some problems and it doesn’t have any possibility of an improvement. I've investigated surgery and that doesn’t seem to be a viable option. It’s very difficult with certain conditions such as certain female voices and some meetings. But it’s the nature of my hearing which is continually deteriorating. That's not anything one way or the other with Beltone. As far as it goes, I have no problems. We’re not at an impasse. What I've got is the top of the line Beltone hearing aids and the best thing about these is that I do have them hooked up to my cellphone.

Beltone is reputable and has been around for a while. I got the hearing aids that go behind the ear and then has a little plastic tube that goes inside my ear. The new guy at Beltone has been helpful. I had to take the hearing aids back a week or so ago as it was too high-pitched and he was able to fix it for me. But now, I can't hear as well so I need it to be adjusted again a little bit better. Nonetheless, Beltone's good and I would recommend them.

My husband, Brent, was planning to get his hearing checked after the first of the year and we thought that Beltone was the place to go. The nice thing about their product is that it's not that visible. The person that helped us fit them was great and so was the experience of it all. The hearing aid has really helped my husband. For me, I really didn't know how much I needed it because my hearing loss wasn't as bad as his, but if I didn't get hearing aids, we would yell to each other all the time. Now we don't yell anymore and we are a lot better this way.

Hello Cindy,

We are so sorry that you had a negative experience with Beltone. We have contacted the Beltone location you visited, and they will be in touch to try to resolve this issue for you. Please let us know if we can do anything else in the meantime.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My stepdad bought his Beltone hearing aids about 5-6 yrs ago. He can't hear out of them. They have fallen apart. He paid $5,000.00 for them and every time he goes to Beltone office in Gallipolis, Ohio they keep telling him, "Oh they just need cleaned." So they clean them and he still can't hear out of them and they keep falling apart!!! He's very dissatisfied with Beltone. He said your guarantee isn't worth a crap because he's had nothing but trouble with them ever since he's gotten them and the only thing the Beltone office in Gallipolis, Ohio wants to do is blow him off by cleaning them when that's not the problem!!!

I had hearing aids from Beltone before. I had good communication and service from Warsaw Beltone and Mr. Mike. He's been taking care of me and has done a good job. They've been very professional so far. I've been pretty happy with it. However, I have to come in and have the hearing aids I'm wearing now adjusted and turned up a little bit. I've had it for 7 months and haven't been able to hear like I should. We haven't been in contact with them for the past couple of months because I had a surgery and I'm on chemo and possible radiation so I couldn't go back to the Beltone office for now.

I got my Beltone hearing aids in November but I've always had Beltone for the past 29 years. Their hearing care professionals were fine and very professional. For the first appointment, I had Bill and then John when I scheduled another appointment. I also went in at the end of this winter and had my hearing aids fixed and cleaned. I was in a couple of weeks ago and I have another one scheduled in a month or so. The product's cost and quality are pretty fine. Also, my life has been a lot better than they used to be because without hearing aids, I couldn't hear anything. I've recommended them to a friend.

I've had my hearing aid from Beltone for about nine months. I had another hearing aid set from HearingLife before, but I lost one of the pair and had no chance of finding it. But the HearingLife representative in this town where I come that's close to where I do my business was off and on didn't have anybody in the office. It was kind of hit-and-miss, and I needed to find something that was steady. So, I got the hearing aid from Beltone, and so far, it has been performing very well. The hearing aids from these two companies are reasonably close, but they're a little different. The one from Beltone has a couple of features that I like better. I had Bluetooth attached to both hearing aids, but the previous one had a separate connector through the phone. With Beltone, I like the plan where I can change the mode through my smart phone as well, for outdoors and all around.

I don't recommend anybody getting hearing aids, but if you've got to, get everything that you can get on them because it doesn't cost any more to have that done. I would have just had the regular one, but this is the mid-range one. There are some hearing aids that are more expensive and there are less expensive ones, but this one hits the bell for me.

I have to go to the hearing care professionals to have them check my hearing aid every two to three months. I've got an appointment to go in, and I just drop in. If I notice that the hearing aid is not working quite right, I go in and they clean the receptacles. I have a job where I have to go to a lot of meetings and my hearing aid definitely makes it better for me that I don't have to strain so much to hear. The only thing I have an issue with is that my wife needs a hearing aid, too, but she won't admit it and she thinks she's okay. But she has the TV turned up so loud, and I have to take my hearing aid out so I don't get blasted out of the room. I would recommend to a friend and someone else to go to Beltone. They were very competent. I had no issues there and the service after my purchase has been very satisfactory.

I was trying to prove my children and grandchildren wrong, that I didn't have a hearing problem, but I was wrong and they were right. My friend, Peggy, recommended Beltone as she'd gone there. I got their hearing aids that go behind the ear and come down into the ear. My hearing care rep was John on Miller Road and he was very nice and very thorough during the different times I had questions. He was right on top of everything.

Having Beltone has helped me immensely and my hearing is better. It's surprising. There are times that people can't hear and I do. I pick up on things that other people don't. We also bought the battery charger and I think that is a lifesaver instead of the batteries. I take them off at night, put them on the battery charger and it charges right up. I don't have to change batteries every six days. It's just automatically done. I take the battery charger with me if we go on a trip and just plug it in. Overall, it's been very good and I'm glad I did Beltone. I have mentioned Beltone to a friend of ours and Beltone sent me a gift certificate worth $100 for using them. But my friend, Peggy, never got one.

My husband dealt with a Beltone hearing aid specialist for years and years, and I like him. I also like the availability of no matter where we are, there is a Beltone. The hearing aid care professional said that I could come back, anytime I needed to, so I had them adjust it a couple of times. I also had to have something adjusted when I was in Florida, and it went beautifully.

I wear the hearing aids to meetings because there are a couple of people that are very, very soft spoken. So, I like to make sure I have them in when I'm talking with them. But ordinarily, for everyday things, I don't wear the hearing aids all the time. To which, I was admonished for by the hearing aid specialist in Florida. We've been really happy with the service, and I highly approve of everything they did.

Hi Marie,

Original review: May 4, 2017

Gary of Beltone out of Great Falls made an easy sale. He didn't adjust anything. I don't think he did anything to the hearing aids and I was wondering when he was coming around again. I can't tell the difference when I got them in and when I don't. My Beltone hearing aids need to be stronger than they are. I can do without them.

I needed a hearing aid and found out where Beltone's office was in Des Moines. I went and I liked it. The reps there were very nice and helpful. I got the one that goes in and around the back of my ear which was what the doctor thought would be the one for me. I work at Walmart as a cashier and the hearing aid has helped a lot. I enjoy it and I’m glad I picked Beltone. I’d recommend them to anybody.

I thought Beltone would be good for me, so I went to the store. The hearing care professional showed me the hearing aids and worked with me. He was really good to me. I purchased an adjustable, beige-looking device that goes in my ear. I’ve had it for about four or five months now and I love it. I can hear well and it's nice to hear people's voices. I'd recommend my friends to go to Beltone so they can hear well. Hopefully, they'll go soon. Beltone can help and they give batteries.

Years ago when my father-in-law lived with us, he was so deaf and I couldn’t make him hear anything. Beltone was the only name I knew and he was so pleased with them. He didn’t like the price, but the hearing aids helped him hear. He told me that he could hear the birds walk with them.

When I had their rep Mike, everything was fine. My husband was in an assisted living place and the people there who had dementia or one kind or another just kind of picked up things and walked away with them. And I had to keep buying more and more, and Mike was so good about it. Or the hearing aids would get damaged and he would fix them for me.

But I don’t like Gary, the new guy that Beltone has got. He’s the one who sold me the ones that are just the little bud that I stick in my ear. I had a slight stroke about five months before, and my left hand would not manipulate that thing to get it in my ear. He did not let me try it myself. And I was very upset with him because he not only sold me those, he grabbed my old ones off the table before I could even pick them up and put them in my pocket. He took them so I had nothing that I could hear with. He was too much of a hustler. I’m 92 years old and I wanted something so I could hear. And he just pushed it. I was not satisfied with it and I couldn’t use it.

He also charged me too much because when I got my bill from my explanation of benefits from my insurance company, he had billed about $4,000. And he had told me he was giving me a really great deal because he was taking $2,000 off here and $2,000 off there. And so, I called them and explained what my problem was, and the rep connected me with the main office. So, they finally made me some new ones with the embedded bud in soft plastic and they look like the old ones I had.

And another thing that really irritated me was that I had an appointment for 9:30 in the morning when I got the buds. They had called me about 9 o’clock as soon as they opened up and told me that they couldn’t take me till 11:30. I figured it’ll only be an hour or so and I can do it. Before I got out of that building and was able to go home, it was about 3:30 and I was starving. I told that to the one who I talked to in the main office. I noticed when I went in for a checkup that they had some cookies sitting there. But this time I didn’t have to wait because I asked specifically for Mike. And they did their best considering my hand. I do hear with the new hearing aids, but I cannot hear distinctly. People talk and I get the gist of what they’re saying usually, but I can't hear the specific sounds that they’re saying. Also, the batteries don’t last long enough and I hope Beltone's gonna give me a bonus of a pack of them. Nevertheless, I would recommend Mike any day of the week. He is great.

The 30-day trial of the Beltone hearing aids was not enough. I do a lot of sweating when I exercise and every time I exercise, I got static wearing the hearing aids. It was recommended that I don't use them when I exercise and it wasn’t summertime when I tried them so I was concerned that I would have issues come summertime. So I thought I didn’t want to go with that and didn't purchase the hearing aids. But other than that, the sales, product, technician and the guy I’ve worked with were very helpful and good.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Profile