Beltone Hearing Aids

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A Beltone store happened to be where I shop and the first thing I thought of when I needed hearing aids was to go and visit the gentleman that runs the place. I knew I could get service there and they're so good I can get it right away at any time of the day on any day of the week that I have a problem. I can walk in. The receptionist is fantastic and the service is excellent. I have their top of the line product, the Legend 17. I don’t have to listen to people yell at me anymore. They have different settings that I can use. I like the fact that I can set them for different situations like going to church or to a restaurant.

This is an ongoing type of a hearing aid. There are other things that it can do for me. For instance, I could even answer cell phones with them. They're Bluetooth. The other thing is that over a period of time I don’t have to keep buying new hearing aids. They can put new components in them and bring them right up to date. I've attended a couple of Beltone's functions because I learn something every time I go. They're exceedingly helpful.

One year ago, after having a hearing test with a Beltone audiologist, I purchased what she recommended. A year later, she tell me that I bought Legend 6 and now I need 17. That is without a hearing test. I complained to her that I couldn't follow conversations, I didn't a year ago and I can't now. So, why didn't she sell me the legend 17 at the first place. THAT is easy to understand. When I do buy another hearing aid it will not be from Beltone and it will be when I do my own research on what I am buying.

Factual basis uncertain

First off let me say this, I paid almost $8,000 for Beltone hearing aids. At that price, I should have exceptional service. The Beltone Audiologist is in my area once a week. If I need emergency maintenance, I have to set up an appointment. If hearing aids need repairing, they have to be sent off for weeks at the time. If I need waxguards, I have to buy them from audiologists. They are not offered online. Beltone is a money hungry company that is taking advantage of the hearing impaired.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband's hearing was almost gone so the rep said she would do the best she could, and the hearing aid does good. Without it, he doesn’t hear at all so it’s a help but she had told him not to expect a lot. We're very satisfied. The Beltone staff had been exceptionally helpful and we could always go back to have the hearing aid serviced without a cost. They’re always very courteous about it.

My wife and I both have Beltone hearing aids and they are of very high quality. However, the batteries don't seem to last very long. I wear them during the day and turn them off at night but the batteries last up to five days at the most. I have to replace them. Other than that, we've been very well satisfied with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

The rep at Beltone was very good, friendly, and thorough. He gave us a demonstration while he was at the hallway and I was sitting in the room with my eyes closed. I was able to hear him speak plain as day with the hearing aids. I've recommended them to a few people.

Beltone is good. I like the way their hearing aids adjust to the environment. I take my hearing aids in every now and then to get them cleaned and they do a good job on that. This last time that I took it in, they sent it out for about two or three days and it came back working okay. Two days later though, the left one quit so I gotta take it back to them. Other than that, I've had good success with them. Their reps are very intelligent and knowledgeable of all the stuff that goes on.

I've known Beltone for years. I come from the time when they didn't have very good hearing aids and now they got real good ones. My Beltone hearing aids work great. Also, their reps treat me great down there and I got no complaints or problems with them. They figured everything out so I could get mine on credit. I love the way they work and I'm happy as I could be. Their guy is the nicest guy. He worked out the problems with me with and he's helped me a lot. He doesn't treat me like some old man and he'd really know how to work with kids. I'd recommend Beltone 100% to anybody who needs hearing aids.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

The people at Beltone have been really helpful, and I can't complain about them trying to resolve my issues with my Beltone hearing aid. There are some things about it that I'm not happy with, but I'm not sure what the problem is. My left ear is worse than the right ear. When I had a lot of earwax, they changed the little bud thing that goes down inside the little bigger one so they'd keep it out of the earwax, and I get an echo in the hearing aids. At Church, we have speakers and I get the shrill in it. So, I take the hearing aids out when I'm at Church.

I've been back at the Beltone store many times and they've adjusted my hearing aids and so on. When I bought the hearing aids, I thought I'll put them in my ears and they were good to go, but I'm going back all the time to have them fix things. For the amount of money I paid for the things, I expected a lot better results than what I'm getting.

This is the first experience I've had with hearing aids, and before I bought them, I talked to my daughter-in-law who bought hearing aids from another store and paid about the same price. So then, I started looking around and there were hearing aids that are a lot cheaper than what I paid. I don't know if they're as good as what I got, but I talked to one man who said he had Beltones before and they wore out. So, he switched to another one that he is really happy with, and they were about a third of what I paid to Beltone. I wish I would've shopped more and asked a few more questions with different people before I bought from Beltone.

I bought Beltone hearing aids because I have tinnitus. My hearing aids which cost me $6,000 had maskers and were one of the newer ones back two and a half years ago. The reps at Beltone have been treating me great and everything but it's was not what I thought it would be because it's not helping my tinnitus. My tinnitus has gotten worse rather than better.

My ENT doctor told me I needed hearing aids. My problem is I'm starting to lose some of those little ear cells that goes around in the cochlea. I live near a Beltone store and I happened to be going by that way so I decided to stop and let them tell me how much the hearing aids were and see if they wanted to give me a test. The people I met over there were friendly. I especially like Peter. They're very, very nice people. They try to accommodate everybody that comes in there and give them the best price they could. They also have a video that shows the different types of hearing losses and what causes those so that gives people more idea. That enlightens their mind a little bit when they go in and get their hearing tested.

Peter said that I needed the kind that fitted entirely inside my ear but I didn't have quite that amount of money to afford those. So I have one that I put around my ear at the top and then it fits into my ear canal. There's a little tail that comes up the other way that I have to fit inside my ear. They're basically the same flesh color as my skin so in a way, people don't realize I got them in that much. However, I had a lot of problems when I first started with Beltone. I was having trouble with getting the hearing aids adjusted. I had to go over there more times than I thought I would have to. It seems like they did something to my hearing aids and they are better right now. I can hear clearly and plainly. It would be great if it continues like this. I would recommend Beltone to people. They've been in the business for 75 years and they were up this year for the Edison Award.

I've seen the ad for Beltone in the paper and the hearing aids looked great. The office girl and doctor who assisted me were real nice. I was surprised because some of them are grumpy when you meet them. And when I'm at their office, I'm happy. I like them and I recommend them. I took a bunch of the doctor's cards and passed them out in church. I know they all sit up front because they can't hear. The hearing aids are wonderful and really good. Once in a while, though, I put my hand up there to make sure they're on. It doesn't feel like they're there but they are.

Beltone hearing aids stick to my ear real good. I go in about every four months and have my hearing aids cleaned. And their reps are really knowledgeable. My hearing's a lot better now. My sister doesn't have to scream at me. Also, this summer I had the door open and kept hearing this bird. It was outside and I could hear it and I couldn't hear it before.

We just returned from an appointment with Jane ** in Cape Coral, Florida. My husband was having trouble with his left ear. She examined it and found a fungus infection. She took over an hour with us to find an ENT doctor to make an appointment to have it fully examined. We want you to know how EXTREMELY professional and caring she was to help us. We and you are fortunate to have Jane ** on your staff. She rates a plus 10 in our book. Thank you.

The hearing care professionals from Beltone Hearing Aids were very friendly and got the job done. I had one thing though that bothers me which was the cloak and dagger approach to taking care of issues I have with my hearing aids. They take the hearing aid off in another room then they come back and give me back my hearing aid already cut out and looking newer. I asked about what was wrong and I never get a clear understanding of what's going on with the hearing aid like they’re hiding something. They're not being upfront with me about it. Other than that, the hearing care professionals were great, very thorough when explaining my hearing damage and got me set up with a nice hearing aid, which is working right now. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Like most hearing aids, wearing my hearing aids the first time was a little irritating because I'm not used to hearing so much, but I’m grateful for Beltone. The hearing care professionals were outstanding. When I've been back, working with them has been above and beyond my expectations. My experience has been fine, and I'm very pleased.

I’ve had a hearing aid for years. When I moved over here, I started going to Beltone since they have a place here in town that sells hearing aids. I got new hearing aids from them, had them a couple months, and I'm happy with them. I had trouble with the one on my left ear - it was making a whistling sound. I went over to Beltone and the professionals usually get me right in or make an appointment to have it checked. They were very nice over there, accommodating, and listened to me.

With the other place, I had to drive for about 45 minutes to get to the hearing aid doctor and since I'm getting older, it's rough on me, so I decided to go to this Beltone in town. I'm glad I did and I like both of the places. As soon as I got my hearing aid, I was comfortable with it and I can get out and feel better about it. I'm pretty well satisfied. If anybody's got a hearing problem, Beltone is the place to go.

I needed a hearing check and I went to Beltone ‘cause I know they’ve got a national name. Peter is absolutely the most fantastic gentleman that I've ever met. He’s compassionate, caring, and thorough. They'd be losing a real big asset if they would get rid of this guy. However, the battery life is nonexistent. I was entitled to free ones for a certain amount of time and who knows how long they've been on the shelf. When I first got them the batteries lasted about a week and now they only last maybe two to three days. But the hearing aid is comfortable and pretty much invisible. The quality of my life is better now that I'm hearing things that I had been missing out on. It's a super fantastic experience.

I needed hearing aids and Beltone was a good company. I got the in the ear and the back of the ear model of hearing aids from them. And I got the batteries free. I go and visit Beltone, and the hearing care professionals there check my hearing aids out. They're great. I wear my hearing aids everyday all day, and they're very comfortable.

I was shopping for hearing aids and had been to several companies. I decided to go and see what Beltone's hearing aid was like so I paid them a visit. A week or two later I decided that I couldn't afford their hearing aid because the price was so high but they were willing to work with me and I could make payments once a month. I have enjoyed my hearing aids from them and I'm very satisfied. I go back and have the specialist adjust my hearing aids occasionally. He has told me that anytime I had any kind of a problem, to "just feel free to come back." The people at Beltone are very nice, and it's a pleasure to go visit them.They take their time and give me a good test, and make sure that they've got everything right. They're very sufficient and I can depend on them. I have been to some hearing aid companies where they tried to figure everything out on the computer but, as I told my daughter, a computer does not have a person's feelings and can't feel what they really need. At Beltone, the doctor will use a computer to find out something, especially if I have a problem that he can't quite understand, but otherwise, he's a really nice doctor and I fell in love with him and his secretary, too. They're sweet people and I couldn't be treated any better than how they treat people.

I was unhappy with my previous hearing aid so I went to Beltone. I’ve never considered any other ones, but I’ve been tempted ‘cause insurance doesn’t cover these and I’m not happy with the flat hearing aid at all. I don’t know how long I’m gonna have the recent aid I bought because with the first hearing aid, my batteries would last up to 10 days, but on this, I’m lucky to get four or three days. Now batteries are free, but when I have to start buying them, it’s gonna be a lot of batteries.

Anyway, I liked the girl from Beltone who used to run this place. She was more particular and always made sure that when she did the mold, she got it to fit. Because I had such good luck with her, I'm upset that she left. The new rep is not precise in making the mold, so sometimes the aid slips out because of the fit. Some days it bothers me; some days it doesn’t. He keeps wanting me to try it. And I can’t turn it up. When I can’t hear people across the table from me, I get really frustrated. Then he said I might need another one for my other ear, but I don’t even want to do it with him.

I tried to overlook it ‘cause I got to have my hearing aid, but it doesn’t seem to fit well. It should fit better, and sometimes I know once I send it in, he can’t do anything about it. Then he said it should only last me about five years, and I said mine last me over 10. I can’t pay that kind of money and expect it to last only five years. His receptionist is really good, so most of the time I’m happy. But I’m dissatisfied with this last hearing aid. It ought to be turned up, but when I do I get too much noise. I would recommend Beltone but I’ve had more trouble with this last one than I had with the first one I got. It should be a little more better than that.

My overall experience with Beltone has been excellent. Their reps are top-shelf people. I got the hearing aid that sits behind the ear and the cable is over in my ear. It has a volume control and it works fine. I only have one hearing aid in the right ear because I had a roadside bomb blow my left ear, and getting a hearing aid was quite an enhancement for my life. I am able to hear better.

I had a cousin by marriage who used to sell Beltones years ago. He had really worked hard and given good service then, so I figured it was still carrying on. I got their new one which was the over-the-ear and it’s very comfortable. I don’t think anybody has been able to tell that I have them on. They're so small and almost invisible. The battery life is about a week and I haven’t had any problems with my Beltone.

I have hearing loss from loud noise. I used Lyric before and I got it from Johnson Audiology. I liked them because they would fit in my ear and you can't see them. I own and drive a truck and about 85% of the time I'm in a high noise environment, and so the hearing aids adjust to the noise. Then Johnson Audiology dropped the ball on it. The batteries went down and they didn't have my size. Three months later I had to go by there and they go, "Nobody called you?" I told them that I'm going to opt out of the program so I went to Beltone. It was about $3300 a year and a lot cheaper. It works well and it's more durable than Lyric, it doesn't tear up when you pull them out. They also had a thing to put on the hearing aids so it wouldn't drop. So, I get the same quality for less money.

I like Brian and Becky over there. They're super good people. They take me when I get in there, do the deal, clean my hearing aids, and check my ears making sure everything is up to par. They're very knowledgeable because I was looking at the bigger model that I can hook up to my phone then Brian said, "Judy, don't you remember you said you didn't want to look like you had a piece of gum sticking out in your ear?" I probably said that and forgot about it.

Then I lost one of my hearing aids as I was trying to pull a piano on the chassis on a trailer with slide axles. It popped out of my ear in the mud and I didn't realize it at the moment. It was the same color as the mud so I couldn't find it. But then I got the little ones with the little batteries that go down in the ear. I hear way more than I want to and I guess that's a good thing. It's been a great experience so far and I'm trying to get my mother to use it as she wants to hear too but she has vertigo.

I love my Beltone hearing aids, and they're the best ones I've ever had. I had two pairs of Siemens hearing aid before and I didn’t like them. I’ve had my Beltones for almost a year and I love to hear the sounds that I couldn't hear before. The only thing with them is I had trouble with the left hearing aid. It worked fine before they worked on it, but after they worked on it, it totally went out. They couldn't figure out what was going on, so I took it back. I got it back two weeks later and the representative didn’t say anything. When I put it in my ear, the button could not be turned up or down. So I'm going to take it back and let them work on it again. I think the warranty is still good on it. Other than that, the people from Beltone are very friendly, and I’m very pleased with them. I recommended them to somebody and she likes the hearing aids too.

My parents loved Beltone and I got the hearing aids that go behind the ear. It's a new one that I can program with my phone, but I couldn't handle that feature and it was too much for me. The hearing aids are easy to wear, though, and I got a permanent custom ear piece to hide it because it kept sliding out. The hearing care professionals have been very good to me and I can't complain.

Beltone was close to where I eat and I got from them the last one they just put out. It’s pretty good but it's off and on. Sometimes the telephone is working really well with my hearing aid but there are times that I cannot understand the people on the other end.

I have the Beltone hearing aid that goes behind my ear with the little wire that goes inside. However, it was way overpriced. I only paid $2,500 for the other ones that I had and they were very close to being the same quality as what I got with Beltone. But I have this hearing aid hooked up to my phone so can hear through it when talking on my phone, and that is my favorite feature. Also, through the instructions on the map thing on my phone, I can maneuver wherever I need to go. It talks to me right in my hearing aids. I also don't have to worry about radio noise.

The speech is fine but trying to listen to music through the hearing aid is not good. It's lacking the quality of a speaker to reproduce the music the way that it should be. I can't hear the TV any better as well. So if it's a sports show or a newscast, I can understand what they're saying. Also if it's a drama or a comedy, sometimes a lot of things get missed. I thought about purchasing the unit that hooks up to the TV and can send the sound directly to my hearing aids. But they need to perfect the reproduction of the sound a little better before that.

The people that I dealt with at the Beltone store both seemed to do a more thorough job than the prior persons that I went to. They knew a whole lot about the hearing aids at the time that I purchased mine. They learned right along with me 'cause I did some adjustments to my hearing aid on my phone that they didn't even know could be done. The individual that I went to was thankful that I was investigating all those options. But they had to call an expert on some of the things that I was asking about to know what was available for us between the hearing aid and the software.

I also went back a couple of times to have adjustments made. The sound coming through was somewhat tinny sounding and the staff made some adjustments there to lower that and I could hear it better. The fit's fine too. The hearing aid does help and I can hear a lot better, but it's not a cure-all. I try to explain that to everybody, that I'm still not going to be able to hear everything right off the get-go. There are quite a few adjustments on these things and sometimes that can be a distraction too. There are limitations to the product and there is room for improvement, but I will continue using this. I've been very satisfied with my experience.

I am a physician and new to the experience of myself needing a hearing aid. First, I was surprised at the high cost of most of the hearing aids and especially so given that I believe the technology is still quite poor. With this proviso, I will say that I believe the crucial tipping point is the skill (or lack of) of the technician testing the patient and making adjustments based on feedback from the patient.

After multiple visits to Costco trying their hearing aids I gave up because I just was not getting through to the tech. I was having feedback (echo) - too poor fitting that apparently is related to the lack of occlusion of the space in the external canal around the hearing aid. I went to Beltone in Central Point, Oregon and the tech of many decades immediately solved this problem. So the Costco hearing aids were returned and I am using Beltone. The iPhone app that interacts with the Beltones is very useful. I wish I could link all my audio related devices via Bluetooth to the Beltones (like my iMac).

Now for my feedback regarding what is so pathetic about all of this technology: I do great in small groups of people but if you put me in a restaurant or with a large group of people I am very distressed - too poor comprehension of what is being said. I try the "restaurant mode" on the software app and it does help some, but not enough.

Watching TV is a total fiasco due to the various sound levels of programs & commercials. I have a new LG TV and have tried the advertisement equalizing function. My conclusion is that the FCC, like most government agencies, is sitting on their duff and does not enforce regulations about amplitude of commercials. How absurd in our so-called age of technology. Googling this topic just now at ** supposedly confirms that there are laws that suppose to regulate sound level of commercials. The cable company in my area has a monopoly and perhaps is getting away with non-compliance.

I think that others may have this problem too but am not sure. I find that both the Costco and the Beltone brand of hearing aid cause me to have itching in the external canals. I was given drops both at Costco and at Beltone so I am concluding that this is commonplace. The drops do not seem to help that much. I wonder if this is a reaction to some agent in the earpiece? It is annoying. Would love to get feedback from others.

UPDATED ON 10/02/2016: This is a follow up to my previous review on Sept 29th. My father-in-law was visiting from S. Korea and having major difficulties using the Siemens hearing aid that was fitted in Korea. I called Hugh (Jack) ** at the Central Point, Oregon Beltone office and scheduled an appointment for testing on this past Friday. I sat in on the testing. It indicated significant hearing loss with right more than left, and that the Siemens aid was not giving him adequate improvement. Jack fitted him with Beltones and agreed that he could wear them over the weekend.

On Sunday night my father-in-law and mother-in-law related to me (via my bilingual wife) how thankful they were that he could now hear and how much more communicative he was. My mother-in-law felt like she had a new husband. This was related in a family gathering sitting around the dinner table after we all had engaged in lively conversation. There was not a dry eye in that room. It was one of the most gratifying moments I could remember. I reflected how gracious, patient, and sensitive that Jack was during the exam and fitting.

Given Beltone is an international company with offices in Korea, Jack said he would call the Korean office and obtain info on multiple items to relate to us before my in-laws returned to S. Korea. NOW WHERE DO YOU COME ACROSS SUCH AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE AS THIS? I am a medical doctor of almost a half century's duration. This was not only expertise on Jack's part but pure generosity and compassion that is too often lacking in our present day society.

The hearing aid I was using before was with the battery, didn't fit in my ear well and wasn't comfortable. Then, there was a gentleman at my church who recommended Beltone to me. I got a free exam letter in the mail so I called and made an appointment. The company has fantastic people. They work with the customer, are very attentive and wanna make sure everything is okay. I can call them if I need to and they do whatever I needed done. It's good to be able to hear. The one I have is the electronic model that goes behind the ear. It's comfortable and one can't see them by the way my hair hangs at the ear. I'm really happy with the hearing aid and I would definitely recommend Beltone.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Profile