Call toll free
3.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

PROS

• Covers every hearing level
  • Compatible apps are easy to use
  • Many hearing aid styles available

CONS

• Prices not available on website

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

04/03/2019

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with them. I hear very well, and I've recommended Beltone to a number of friends.

04/19/2019

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years.

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
  • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
  • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
  • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
  • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
ModelTypeFeatures
Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
  • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
  • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
  • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
  • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
  • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

626 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had hearing loss from my childhood and it progressively got worse over the years. Then, I had a job in an office space where I had to be super quiet and I can’t hear when they talk. I was really loud and I didn’t even know it. And I’ve learned to lip read. My supervisor did not know I was almost deaf until we had the conversations because I would cheat and see what she was saying and piece it together. I had no choice and was forced to get hearing aids. I did research and purchased Beltone for their reputation.

When I got my first set, I truly heard my husband’s voice for the first time and we’ve been married almost 30 years. I cried the time I heard it. The lady that set me up with it was amazing, she sat there and cried right along with me. I could hear her and even the people in the hallway. I could understand what they were saying. When I go to their office, they know me by name. They genuinely care and it’s not about the money. They try to do everything they can to save me what they can. And they make the aids last as long as possible.

In general, I can have a full-blown conversation with somebody and not have to struggle as much. But with these hearing aids I have now, I’m struggling because my hearing is getting progressively worse and by the end of the year, it’ll be gone on the right side all completely. I’m getting ready to get my third set because my second set is just about the end of their road. What I have now is the one that goes in the canal, and then it’s over the ear, and behind the ear, and that’s probably what I’ll get again. The lady said what might work better for me is the one that’s molded to my ear and it goes inside but we’ll discuss those options when it's time.

It is what it is. I had to pay to get what I have to have, but it’s expensive. The next ones are gonna be $6,000, $7,000 so it’s sad. But they’re well-built hearing aids. My husband wouldn’t listen to me and went to some hearing aid place and he had nothing but trouble with his. I kept trying to say that mine had never broken and my batteries last a good week. I take them out at night and open the battery case so it's not running 24/7.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a friend the in the town where I live that has done business with John from Beltone. I talked to John and I liked him. He’s a heck of a nice guy. He was very good to me and treated me like gold. The service couldn't have been any better. I decided right then and there to go with Beltone and get a hearing aid from them. Years ago, I got hurt in a mine accident and my workers’ comp sent me to a regular hearing doctor in Evansville, Indiana. So, I had to go down there and do my hearing test. They printed out all my results for me and then I took them to John at Beltone. He worked with me really well and the help he gave me was wonderful. I got a top-of-the line model that costs $8,350 and it has got a good warranty on it. It goes behind the ear and it has a little thing on it that is plugged into the ear.

John has done me a great favor and I appreciate what he did. My daughter is an assistant at Toledo University Basketball. We were going up there for a big deal over the weekend and I asked John about the hearing aid because I wanted to really hear what was going on. My workers' comp was paying for my hearing aid and I was not supposed to get it until it was paid for. But John let me take it with me and he said that he was not worried about me. He had talked to the workers’ comp people and they had said that his check would be with his business within 10 days, and it was.

Since I put my hearing aid in, it sure made a world of difference. When I sat out in our big family room at home to watch the news on TV, I had the volume on 26 before and my wife sat in the living room and watched television there because the TV in the family room was too loud for her. But now I've got the TV volume on 6.

So far, my experience with Beltone has been really well and I couldn’t have been treated any better. The girl that works for John, Katy, helped me too when I had a little problem one time. John had shown me how to clean the hearing aid and I thought I had cleaned it, but I still had a little earwax in it. Katy cleaned out my hering aid and put a new rubber thing on the end, and I was on my way in two minutes. I've told a guy who was gonna get a hearing aid to go down there to Beltone and see John. My hearing aid has helped me tremendously and I should have had it a long time ago. Now, I've even got John's cellphone number and he told me to call if I have any problems.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is a real game changer. I had one to try out for a week, and I must say that I was quite pleased with the MyPAL Pro. Set in front of the television, and it streams the audio directly to the hearing aid eliminating that clarity loss for lack of a better term we users of hearing aids experience. Don't get me wrong, I love my Beltone hearing aid, it was real eye opener for me when I first tried one. I thought my previous hearing aid was OK, it did the trick, but when I tried a Beltone hearing aid, it felt like I went from using a toy you get out of one of those bubble gum machines at your local grocery store to a real professionally engineered, professional quality hearing aid. A Ford Pinto to a Lamborghini. Hot dog to a steak. It was, and still is great. Throw in the easy access to Beltone hearing specialists, and a lifetime of care, and it was perhaps the smartest purchase I've ever made.

Peter at the Howell outlet has been the best, and does not hesitate when I ask to try a device. I've tried the TV Link, and now I've tried the MyPAL Pro, and they were both impressive. When using the MyPAL Pro, I feel that my “understanding” of the television went from about 75% to close to 100%. What a difference having the audio stream directly to the hearing aid made! I used it with it being connected to the television, and in front of the television in microphone mode, and it was amazing how they both improved my understanding, and the clarity of what was being said on the television. Game changer! I can't say enough good things about it, I can't wait to get my hands on my own. I was bummed when I had to return it to Peter at the Howell, MI outlet. As far as the television is concerned it worked just as well as the TV Link, but is more flexible being mobile.

I also took it to the theater to see Bohemian Rhapsody as a benchmark test, and it passed with flying colors. While I still used the CC device a few times during the movie, the performance of the MyPAL Pro was phenomenal. It provided really clear audio streamed directly through my hearing aid. I was hearing the great music of Queen, in a movie theater, and could actually understand 99% of what was being said/sung.

Of course, I also tested it in a group conversation setting, and it worked quite well in that environment too! Game changer! I know, I know, I say that a lot, but in my defense, the MyPAL Pro is a game changing device. If I had my way, I'd make this part of the package of a standard hearing aid purchase, it helps THAT MUCH. You know how we get tired of asking people to repeat themselves, it's annoying to us, and it gets annoying to those people you interact with on a daily basis. They won't say so, but trust me it's annoying. The MyPAL Pro put an end to that. I could even leave the room, and still follow along with the conversation, so it's kind of like it gave me a super power...

My review? 5 stars. You are going to want this device. It WILL improve the quality of your life. It WILL improve the quality of the lives of those you love that live with you, and interact with you on a daily basis. No longer will you deal with the frustration of “not quite” getting what is being said by those around you or on television. My best advice is to get to your local Beltone outlet, and try one out. I think you will be quite pleasantly surprised. GAME CHANGER.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have minor hearing loss. I still hear reasonably well without the hearing aid but I was having difficulty in groups, particularly in say a board meeting where a lot of people are sitting around in different places in the room. And I began to notice as I was having problems hearing some of the people in the room. Also, sitting in our kitchen with the radio on relatively low and my wife right across the table from me, I could hear the radio but I couldn't always understand her, so there was a problem there. I had a pair of basic hearing aids that I had purchased nearly five years ago and recently, I got to thinking that I really needed to go somewhere and have my hearing evaluated with the hearing aids in my ears. And that was what led me to Beltone.

I've been aware of Beltone for years. The folks there were very kind to run some tests with me with those hearing aids on and resolved it. I had had some hearing loss after the time that I was tested that led to the initial purchase. And so I decided to upgrade and bought their Amaze level brand, which I really appreciate being able to control with my cell phone or the remote and my hearing is better. I won't say it's perfect and I know that no hearing aid is gonna restore that. But I am able to handle situations now by being able to adjust back and forth with either the cell phone or the remote and function it in a way that I was having trouble doing.

I knew that I was gonna have to spend some money as I was fully aware that if I was gonna get a good set of hearing aids, I was gonna have to pay for them. So, I was prepared for that. And when I saw the features that were available, it didn't take much to convince me when I see something of quality electronically. It's not easy to back all of the features that are in these hearing aids without having to spend a lot of time in research. I got what I paid for. Also, Beltone has some very fine people. They were patient, thorough, and very careful. I'm very happy that I stopped by there.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My hearing loss at first was just borderline and two years later, it was below the line. We had a Beltone store in Wabash. It was convenient and they were sending me information in the mail about their pricing. I took advantage of the free examination. The gentleman that works with me is very nice. He gave me a complete test and he knew the products and the warranties. Even his secretary is top-notch and really very knowledgeable about it all. I've taken my hearing aids there and the rep I work with was kinda thin there for a while because he was doing several offices. But his secretary was always able to clean them and readjust them. They're a really nice outfit to work with in Wabash.

When you can go and get a bunch of stuff online only at a fraction of the cost, hearing aids are too expensive. I paid over 7,000 for my first pair. Then, I went in for my yearly checkup, which they never charged me for, and I decided to upgrade. It was the same amount, except I got a trade-in allowance on them. They let the trade-in of the old ones for 2,800. I paid 1,000 on it and I’ve got a year to pay it off with no interest.

I upgraded my hearing aids and I really like them. They're so comfortable I actually got in the shower with them the other night. These are a little bit bigger than the ones I previously had because the batteries are a little bit bigger. Their rep said the other ones' batteries would go out about every three to four days if I wore them every day and these last seven to ten days. Also, when I turn the hearing aids down, I can hear it click in both ears, which the other one didn’t do. And I can turn them down or I can hold them down and they would down background noise that my other ones never did. So, the technology is a lot better and, for some reason, they fit in my ear better.

When I take my hearing aids out now, it’s like I’ve got mufflers on me. They’re a big difference in the hearing. And I can wear them to the movies now and if it's a movie where there’s a lot of action, I can turn them down a lot easier. I recommended Beltone to my brother-in-law four years ago and he went with them in Huntington and got his.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My husband has a very difficult hearing loss. We have been to other hearing centers and they tried to help us but the time Harlan ** at Beltone in Lexington NC took to adjust the hearing aids made all the difference. He Listened, found out where we needed help, and made the right adjustments. My husband can finally hear me clearly. I am so glad we met Harlan and his staff at Beltone ...

WT and Merle

Lexington, North Carolina

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Thank you Judy! We are so glad you had a great experience. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have partial hearing and my son talked me into getting Beltone Hearing Aids. However, I hear sounds I didn’t hear before, which sometimes I don’t wanna hear, like lawn mower sounds, or a big truck going by, or an explosion. But other times, I pick up things that I had missed. We have an appointment with Beltone coming up so we’ll talk about that and the rep will probably do some adjustments. We’ll see how it goes.

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Thanks for coming to Beltone Allen. We hope your recent visit with the Beltone rep helped you get the adjustments you needed. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any additional assistance!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I'm not pleased with my Beltone hearing aids. My old ones worked better. But I thought if I can get better ones, I'd try to get better ones. I got a thing in the mail and it said to go and try Beltone hearing aids out so I did, and they worked great the first month. The only style that was offered to me was an over-the-ear but the ones I had before were over-the-ear. When you buy from Beltone, you have to give them your old ones. I paid for the new pair but it went downhill ever since. I had trouble hearing on the phone, and I went in. Sometimes, I hear on the phone or usually, I have to take the hearing aids out. And then, I was at a get-together and a woman was sitting right next to me and I couldn't hear her. I'm going to Beltone one day this week and see if they can do something else for me. They're very nice and helpful, and they try to fix anything I have a problem with, but I wish I never bought the hearing aids. I wish I had a new pair.

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved. We will be in touch soon!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Requested an appointment to check audio device for True H.A. Was told the manager would call. That was four days ago. Have purchased my last Beltone. It seems that once the sale has been made "don't bother us" is a proper slogan.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My insurance, SilverScript, had a program with Beltone and we got a big discount off it. The office people were great in getting me in on an appointment. The doctor that I was seeing put hearing aids in so that I could tell the difference in how it sounded before and after. He explained to me that I definitely needed them. I'm totally happy with my Beltone hearing aids. I put them in first thing in the morning and don't take them out till I go to bed.

My husband wears hearing aids too and a couple of our friends have tried them and gave up on them because they couldn't stand how loud things were when they first wore them. I said that they just did not give them the chance to tone down for the brain to get used to it. Even my mother bought hearing aids, wore them one day, and she's never put them back in, and it's been three years. My doctor explained it all to me and how it's gonna take a while for your brain to be able to get back to a normal sound and then things wouldn't sound so overly loud. There were things that sounded really loud to me. But in my mind, I just kept saying to hang in there because the doctor said that will go away in a couple of months.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information