Call toll free
4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

563 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought 2 hearing aids 2 a little over 2 years ago. About a month ago the left aid started cutting out. About a week ago it stopped working completely. The local dealer informed me it would have to go to the factory. It cost me $250 for repair. The entire electronics was replaced. The right aid has been fading out at times. The dealer attempted to adjust it but was unable to. They informed me it would have to also go to the factory at a cost of another $250.

I have worn hearing aids since 1959. They have worked 9 to 12 years without any major problems. Compared to those these are expensive and poor quality. Also when These were bought the dealer informed I could have an app to be installed on my smartphone. After I was fitted they tried to install the app on the smartphone but was unable to. They then said it cost $200 to $230 to install the ap. I did not install it at that cost. The poor quality of the product and the service of the dealer is not worth buying from Beltone The.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

My Hearing Aids were ordered on 6/25/18. They arrived on 7/2/18, however, the complete product that I ordered did not arrive. The Z Power Charger did not arrive until a week later, 7/9/18. So I assumed that my 45 day trial period started on 7/9/18. Thereafter, upon each visit, I complained that I could hear what I didn't want to hear, but couldn't hear what I needed to hear, primarily, soft voices. He told me that he couldn't tweak them to my full prescription all at once, because I wouldn't be able to take it. So, he said he would tweak them gradually, which I guess he did, however, I couldn't tell any difference out in the public. I struggled with these things for 43 days and finally decided to return them for refund, which I did on 8/20/18.

I was told that I was 4 days over my 45 day trial period, so he couldn't take them back. I said that I didn't receive the full product order until 7/9/18, so I'm at 43 days. He said, "No, because accessories are not on the contract that you signed." So, I went home and dug out out the contract, and guess what, the Z Power Charger was a line item on the Purchase Agreement that I signed! So, who's right, me or him? I have two beliefs in this whole experience. #1 - I believe the retail purchase price of $8076 for these two hearing aids was inflated so that he could receive the maximum benefit from my Medical Insurance! #2 - I believe the carrot was dangled in front of face long enough so that the 45 day trial period was used up! The moral of this story is, if you're a future customer in need of hearing aids, THINK, before you order from Beltone!!!

Hi Charles,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I'm very satisfied with Beltone. My hearing was really, really bad and then I got their hearing aid since they're the first ones to call back. Mike, the technician, was a great guy and he helped out in every aspect. I went with the hearing aids that go inside the ears. It's not so obvious as the other ones that hang out. It's the assistive ones that they had. Plus these are automatically pushed back and forth. They extend into my ear during a phone call. Having the Beltone hearing aids has been life changing and I could hear now.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The people at Beltone have been super fine. I got the hearing aids that go behind the ear as it was the recommended model for my particular hearing loss. Before I got the hearing aids, I had to play 1,400,00 times the numbers that people leave on the telephone. But now, that's not a problem anymore. I've also turned the TV back down by five notches, and I don’t have to ask people across the table what they said.

The hearing aids come in different colors and it's a good feature. The rep didn't say about the color options. I had to ask about it and he looked it up on the internet. He was quite surprised when he picked out the color. They don’t have to be mousy brown or tan or mousy tan. I got white ones, and they also have them in green and red. The only thing is that the batteries are free for the first three years but they don’t last very long. You're lucky if you get three days. Beltone said they expected the batteries to go a week so you can change them on Friday to Friday, but I don’t make it Friday to Friday.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I've had severe hearing loss but since having my Beltone hearing aids, I communicate better on the phone and I get to enjoy some music. And for the first time, I get to hear the words with more articulation. I went through a vocational rehab and they were able to make the behind the ear work so that's what I went with. It has Bluetooth and it's the only set that can connect to my phone. And now I can function better that way. Beltone's reps have been wonderful as well. Roger and Linda have been very helpful. Roger does a good job. And so I have been recommending people to go to Beltone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I went to a hearing doctor when I noticed things weren't right. At home with my wife, she speaks very softly and quietly. When I got my hearing checked, I was told that I have to have hearing aids right at that time but then I figured out they were just trying to sell these things. I later decided to go and try a different doctor. The people who I work with are dealing with Beltone and they highly suggested the lady that works at Burley. I went there and dealt with the doctor, Chelsea, and she said that I've got the same results as my first tests. So, I started talking to her about the hearing aids. I don’t like the price, but that just comes with it.

With Beltone hearing aids, my hearing is so much better now and I can hear my wife loud and clear. I also can’t believe the things that I have not been hearing in the last two years. The hearing aids were kept properly since we got them. We had to send them back two or three times to get things done right, but when I've had to have service, Beltone's customer service has been excellent. I also highly recommend Chelsea. She has done wonders to me and she’s the most amazing doctor I’ve ever worked with in my 59 years of growing up.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My grandmother could hardly hear. She would have the TV up loud and she wouldn’t understand what we were saying most of the time. Beltone had a promotion going on at that time so I chose them. We did everything inside Beltone's store and everybody was friendly. They were very informative and always made us a part of what was going on. The style of hearing aid we got our grandmother was the one that sits inside the ear and it's not visible as she didn’t want anybody to see her hearing aid. Her hearing aid helps her a lot. Now, she’s able to hear better and interact in the conversations more.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My hearing was bad, and I chose Beltone over others because their price was good. I got the half-priced hearing aids and the service I got was very good. The reps were perfect.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I like the company, Beltone Hearing Aids. I've had other hearing aid brands before, such as Miracle Ear, and the cost of Beltone's hearing aid was right in the ballpark of the right price and I was okay with it. The reps have been great. They've been doing a good job and going along with the updated systems. But my last, brand-new hearing aid is a great big thing compared to my other ones and it's like putting a potato in my ear. But I've gotta wear it for five years and I'm gonna wear it anyhow. They were supposed to make the hearing aid a little smaller, but they did not. Other than that, I've been with Beltone for 15 years and they've been nice and very good to me. They're very qualified and I'm really happy with them, so that's where I'm gonna stay.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had a bad hearing loss and I tried other hearing companies, but it was time to try a different one. Beltone was local and they got a good young person who was very personable. His secretary was excellent and got a fantastic telephone voice. I’ve bought over $20,000 worth of Beltone’s products and their service has been really good to me. Beltone works with Medicare and Medicare hook me in to see them, but Beltone didn’t understand that if there is a serious hearing loss, I need more than three visits and after that, I have to start paying for it. So, for me, it is better to bite the bullet, buy the stuff and get good service. I bought the top-of-the-line each time and I find that their products got better in the last three years though it’s certainly not natural hearing.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I used Beltone when I was in South Carolina and I've been with them for a long time. I have a lot of respect for them and I like their product. The reps have been wonderful and very professional. Everyone has been really nice and they kept up to date with everything. I'm getting used to the hearing aids that I've got now. I haven't had them too long but I like them. They've got the little buttons on the earpieces where I can turn the volume up or down and I'm learning how to control the volume. The hearing aids are working fine but when I answer the telephone, it seems like I am having a little problem with them. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend Beltone.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Beltone helped me get some hearing protection for work. Their reps were awesome and their service was great. I definitely highly recommend them.

Original review: July 23, 2018

These are the most expensive hearing aids I have priced and expected more from them. They are very large, have a tube that has to be replaced every 4 months and wasn't told about that until I received them. They have a very annoying feedback that is set off by wind chimes, grandfather clock, and background noises on the TV. I have been back to Beltone to have this fixed but nothing was done. My hearing experience is only slightly better than the ones I had before and certainly not worth the cost. Unfortunately the area I live in doesn't have a lot of options for purchasing hearing aids therefore Beltone has the advantage. I will drive 2 hours to a larger city to find better hearing aids in the future.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My hearing loss was severe in my left ear and minor in my right ear before I contacted Beltone Hearing Aids. I've spoken with an individual that uses their services and I liked the convenience. I made an appointment with them and went over to their office, and their reps were the absolute best. The minute I walked in and spoke with the rep, Sue, it felt like family. Also, Greg was good and he was head and shoulders above the other technician that I've dealt with. The other one screwed my hearing aid up and I didn't go back to him. I now drive 50 miles to get my hearing aids checked and it's worth it.

There should be some major discount for veterans and senior citizens, though, because the hearing aid's cost was an enormous outlay of money. The three things that people need when they go over 70 years old are services to help them with their hearing, eyes and teeth, but those are the things that none of the insurance companies wanna pay for. I would definitely refer people to Beltone, but I would refer them to their office at Pembroke and not to their office on Sheridan Drive.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have moderate to severe hearing loss. After researching several hearing aid centers, I decided to try Beltone Hearing Aid Center. The hearing aid specialists helped find the right pair, that works for my very small canals! The staff and the H.A.S are very professional and friendly. They are always willing to do anything they can to make your experience the very best! I recommend Beltone of T.F. Idaho highly!

Original review: July 10, 2018

To say I am extremely satisfied with my products and service with Beltone, is really not doing them enough justice. I’m 31 and have been wearing hearing aids for about 10 years now. I usually just went to whatever audiologist my PCP recommended, with less than satisfying results and usually exorbitant fees and medical bills. I’ve had about 5 different audiologist work with me through this last decade, and NONE of them came close to the magnificent service and products I’ve received through Beltone. Beltone truly cares for their customers and it shows through their commitment to their customers. I recently moved from a different state. I was incredibly sad to leave my office I got the hearing aids in. It was truly the first time I felt like I was being taken care of and NOT taken advantage of.

My world was changed at the office in Woodstock, VA when I was given Bluetooth technology through my hearing aids! It was an amazing struggle to use the telephone before this, and in an instant, everything became so much easier for me. I will always be grateful for the service and respect I received there! I was told to follow up with a different Beltone office in the current city I live in. Due to my history with audiologist, to say I was nervous is an understatement, but I was not disappointed! Even though I did not purchase my aids at my current office, the staff was/is incredibly kind and understanding of my personal situation. They gladly took over the care and cleaning of my product, and welcomed me with open arms and amazing hospitality!

I am continually awed and inspired by the treatment and care I receive through Beltone. As long as I need hearing aids I will never go anywhere else for them. I am extremely satisfied with my product and service and I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful company to anyone who needs hearing aids. They are truly remarkable in every aspect that I’ve experienced with them. Thank you for everything you have done for me!

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Thank you for the kind words Gabrielle. We are so pleased to hear of your positive experience! Quality service and care is incredibly important to Beltone, we are thrilled to hear our customers are receiving the best service possible.

Original review: July 9, 2018

The hearing tubes on my devices protrude out from my ear. I was told that Beltone was making revisions to the hearing tubes so that they would fit close to my ear instead of protruding. I was told they would be available by May 15. So far, nobody seems to know anything about it. Hummm.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Everybody else knew my hearing loss was that bad except me. So I went to Beltone and the people there have been really good to me. They do everything they can to help, but at the same time protect the integrity of their company. It’s always, “We’ll, let’s send it in and have them do this...” I’ve had nothing but problems with the right one since I got it. It never fit good. They reshaped it and did this and that. Also, its microphone fell out and another time it just cracked, not because it was dropped. And then I took it back over there a couple of weeks ago and they’re gonna replace all the circuitry in it. While the right has been nothing but a nightmare, the left one works fine. Overall, I love the hearing aids and I don’t have to ask, “What?” nearly as much now.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I got to where people talked and it's like, "Well, I can't quite hear what you’re saying." I got my ears tested several years ago. I recently got a little card in the mail which reminded me that it was time to get my hearing test again. And when I went in, it was more than the previous time. I like my hearing aids. I wear them every day. I got the one that goes over behind the ear and is clear that it is less likely to be seen because I didn't want one that completely went inside my ear.

The first ones that I got were pretty expensive. It's like, "Well, to be able to hear I guess, we'll just suck it up and pay the price." But when I went in less than a year ago when I got the ones that I've got now, the staff looked up online through my insurance and found out that the amount that my insurance would pay for hearing aids. And then we found the hearing aids that were compatible with that price and they're the ones that I can hook my hearing aids up to my telephone and hear through my hearing aids. And I'm very pleased with them most especially if I'm in the car and the phone rings I can answer my phone without ever picking it up or even touching it. I've been very pleased with Beltone.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I saw Beltone's ad in the paper and I just decided it was close to my house in Corinth. I didn't want to go out of town or nothing like that and I found that Beltone's service has been wonderful. I wasn't hearing half of the conversation. I was left out at church and everything and Beltone recommended a behind the ear for that. They've been really nice and gave me appointments at the best time for me. I've already recommended Beltone to a lady at church. She was having trouble and wanted to know where I went. I told her and I told her I was very happy with the service and she already went out there.

Resolution response: June 7, 2018

To my surprise, I received a phone call from a District manager from Beltone on Wednesday night (June 5th). I went to Beltone on June 6th and Mr. ** assisted me with my issues. He listened and seemed to understand my issues. I believe he realized how afraid I was to even insert a hearing aid in my ear after the problems I've had. He was polite and very professional. He looked in my left ear and saw that it was inflamed. He offered to replace the rechargeable batteries with new ones. He suggested that I have a custom-fitted earpiece with no removable parts - at no charge. I have an appointment on Wednesday (June 13th) to have a mold made and sent to the lab.

My hearing aids still sit on my dresser as I am terrified they will come apart in my ears. I will wait for this new possible solution and I am trying to be optimistic that the molded earpiece will solve this problem. However, I will reserve that opinion for later. I do appreciate the steps Beltone has taken to resolve this issue and I will certainly update this post once the fitting has been done and I see how they work for me. I really hope it works out.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased my hearing aids about 4 months ago. I purchased them mainly because of the Calmer App and a referral from my sister. The hearing aids worked great for a couple of weeks but really made my ears itch. I thought it was just me getting used to them. Within a month we were replacing little parts on the end of the hearing aids - the calmer app would work once in a while - never consistently. I've had to go to an ENT to have the little rubber part removed. This is NOT good. The batteries never last 12 hours. I'm lucky if they last 8!

My ear hurts from the poking and prodding of removing the rubber tip! When you call Beltone to complain or even attempt to return the hearing aids they refer you to the site where you purchased them. They sit on my dresser more than they are in my ear. I now have an appointment in 2 days to see someone at my Beltone location to look at my hearing aids yet again! I'm not happy with the hearing aids and Beltone should allow me to return them and refund my money. Please assist if there is anything you can do.

Hi Debra,

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 5, 2018

In Dec. 2015, I purchased a Beltone Legend 664 hearing aid. At first it was great. Soon my ears were itching like crazy. I was allergic to the material in the receivers. Beltone replaced them with UP receivers at no cost to me. Thank you. I got what I paid for. The new receivers are so uncomfortable, and extremely difficult to put in and take out of the ear canal. Also, the receivers do not properly release the pressure in my ears. Needless to say, the hearing aids spend more time on my dresser than helping me hear. Kevin has done everything possible to help the situation. He has ground off some of the hard plastic (?) that goes into the ear and cleaned them well. He comes to our town only one day a month so that makes it even more trying for both of us. The hearing aids have been sent in for repairs twice when the right hearing aid stopped working altogether.

Now that the warranty is up, the hearing aids sound like tin again and the receivers are still extremely uncomfortable. Beltone has sent me a coupon offering an $895 trade in on other hearing aids. Seriously? I've already paid $3626.45 of the $7024.00 the Legend 644 will cost me by the time I finish paying for them. Surely there has to be other hypoallergenic tips (receivers) available. Whatever happened to the quality products Beltone produced in years past? What am I suppose to do now?

Hi Marjorie,

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have had nothing but trouble with Beltone Hearing Aids. Clarity is fairly good when working, but I have had them in for repairs on average of every two weeks since I purchased them. For $6000 you would expect a product to work.

Hi Thomas,

Original review: April 27, 2018

We felt that Beltone was the oldest company that we mostly heard off about. We went directly to the Beltone place. We’re in a very small community and we felt all right interacting with the secretary and then the technicians. They knew what they were doing. We got a hearing aid that goes in my husband's ear, and he hears better with them. And while I like it, he’s always settling with them. But he’s satisfied and we have recommended Beltone to our friends. They really listen and try to get things like they should be, and they’ve always been there when we called and needed something.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The Beltone team in Angola is a really good team. They explained everything and did everything like they should. I wear glasses and I'm on oxygen, and the hearing aid I got is the one that fits in my ear. The product as well as its cost are really good. My left ear is completely gone and my right ear was severely damaged and with the hearing aid, I can hear sounds that I never heard before.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I worked in a factory and the noise from the stamping press that went on all the time was taking my eardrums. Beltone had a good reputation and their hearing aid worked great. The gentleman there was very gentle and explained everything and told me what he was going to do. He went off with another person and came back a few minutes later with four pieces on his hand which he put two of them together on each side. He stuck them in my ear and everything was normal and he talked to me in a regular tone of voice. But, the hearing aid was around $5,000. I’m on Social Security and I don’t have that kind of money. But the Beltone hearing aid worked great and it sounded like someone was actually talking to you, unlike other hearing aid that sounds like they were coming to a tin can.

Original review: April 20, 2018

A few of years ago I had Beltone hearing aid. Took it in for repair and the person put one of those cleaning hooks down it and ever since it has not worked. They refused to fix it without charging about 250 for repair. I think when they screw it up they should have to pay for it but that is not what they said. I bought another pair but different brand but don't like them. I really liked my Beltone but refuse to buy from them again.

Hi Paul,

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have had these for 6 months and paid $5,000 after my insurance and rebate. I still cannot hear up close and many other annoying problems with them. I kept going back and they made change after change but they still don't work right. this has come as a big joke at my house. I would NEVER tell anyone I know to go there.

Hi Thomas,

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had 70% hearing loss, and I like the way the Beltone salesman handled himself. I went into the store to do the hearing test and I got the hearing aids that go behind the ear. I like its price and it wasn't noticeable.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I'm 91 and at my age, I'd be happy as long as I can hear. I had hearing aids before but they went bad on me. I didn’t do anything about it for about six months or so. Then, I talked to Beltone there in Benton and their rep checked my ears once before because of the other hearing aids I had. I got a new set and he rechecked my ears. I really like my Beltone hearing aids. With them, I'm hearing sounds I didn’t hear before. I'd tell my friends that Beltone has a good deal and good hearing aids. And they take care of you which is about the best they could do.

Beltone Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1940, Beltone is one of America’s oldest hearing aid companies. The Chicago-based company manufactures its own hearing aids and sells them in over 50 countries worldwide. Its target market is patients 50 years old and above.

• Product selection: Beltone has many hearing aid styles available, including in-the-canal, in-the-ear and over-the-ear models. You can work with an experienced Beltone practitioner to choose the hearing aid that works best for you depending on your degree of hearing loss, lifestyle, preferences and budget.

• Accessibility: Because Beltone is an international company, it’s easy to find a Beltone location near you whether you’re at home or traveling. There are over 1,500 independent hearing care centers throughout the United States, where you can receive a hearing screening, hearing aid fitting and more.

• Apps for mobile devices: Beltone makes it easy to control your hearing aids through several apps available for smartphones and mobile devices. The HearPlus app is compatible with the Legend, First and Boost hearing aid models and allows you to quickly adjust volume, change your program, check battery status and even locate a lost hearing aid via GPS. Other apps, like the Tinnitus Calmer and SmartRemote, can do even more.

• BelCare protection program: Beltone promises to support its customers for the life of their hearing aids. You will receive a free annual hearing evaluation, 30-day satisfaction guarantee, a one-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty, two-year protection for change in hearing status and many more benefits.

• Helpful website: Beltone is known for personalized customer service, and you can connect with a representative through their website and social media presence. You can also try a free hearing screening on the website and even schedule your appointments online.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information