Call toll free
3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

599 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 17, 2019

I bought my aids in 2017, paid $9000.00 for the rechargeable model. I have had nothing but problems since. I have been back many times for new batteries. At first they tried to tell me it was my fault, hearing too bad, wore them too long each day, about 16-18 hours daily. They wanted me to get rid of my charger and go to plain batteries, when I said no they soon found out that they had gotten a bad shipment of batteries from their supplier. They gave me yet another set of batteries, everything went fine for 6 months {longest time since I bought them]. A short time ago both were replaced again, and last week my left was replaced again, but now they want me to pay $60.00 per battery to replace them, this is an ongoing problem that has never been fixed and should be covered by warranty until it is. I paid a lot of money for your TOP OF THE LINE aids, but got junk.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife told me that there were several things she was saying clearly that I wasn’t picking up on so I decided to have my hearing checked out. I went to Audibel and I wasn’t really too impressed about them. The cost of their hearing aids was something about $16,000, which is high. I decided I would look at another place so I checked out Beltone. The sales and customer service people were all very friendly. I purchased the hearing aid that is on top in the back so it flips over the top if I put it in here. It's also less conspicuous.

I wish, though, that Beltone would get their act together. I have a Samsung J7 Prime for my phone and it’s one of the more updated ones but it won’t work with the Beltone hearing aid. At first, I had a Samsung S5 and that one worked. I’ve asked for why the app is not compatible with my phone several times and it’s in one ear and out the other. Maybe it costs too much for them. They got their own reasons for doing it but if there’s any dissatisfaction for me, then it's that. Still, the Beltone hearing aid works and I am happy about it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I am not complaining about the hearing aids as they are good, well for $5000 they should be. But since purchasing them they have closed their office and there is nowhere close to get them serviced. The little tip on the end has to be replaced fairly often and since the closest office is miles away I couldn't get them replaced and it resulted in the tip coming off in my ear and I had to go to my Dr. to get a referral to an ear Dr. resulting in out of pocket charges of $200. So I am not a very happy consumer, in fact, I am pretty disgusted. I want to know what they are going to do about this situation, if they can't afford an office at least have someone come to town once a month as surely I am not the only customer here.

Hello Audrey,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved. We will be in touch soon!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I was given was a free hearing screening at your Old Harrodsburg Road location in Lexington, KY yesterday. I was highly disappointed at the quality of the test and the provider. First, he didn't introduce himself or give his title. I assume he is just a salesman. The test was not given in a hearing booth, but in an office where there was a lot of noise on the floor above, making it difficult to concentrate on the tones. Yes, my hearing may be declining, but the salesman acted like my health was at risk if I did not buy a hearing aid right then. After telling me that I needed one, he started pricing them and telling me the monthly payment without even showing me the actual hearing aid!! Then he proceeded to tell me about a cheaper model, and urged me to put a down payment on one and try it for 30 days.

I felt like I was dealing with a car salesman. I told him I would never buy one based on one test, and he seemed offended. I told him I would speak to my medical doctor next week during my appointment, and he stated that doctors didn't know anything about hearing aids. I am not stupid. I am a retired RN. I would most certainly get another opinion from a specialist before making a decision. I would never buy from the company that did the testing. I feel that people are getting taken advantage of. The salesman even told me that the Nan that left before me scored lower than me! How did he know I didn't know the man? HIPAA violation and unprofessional. Don't bother to call and apologize. I will seek a professional hearing specialist to perform a test. Lastly, I completed 3 different online brief hearing tests last night. One was from Beltone. All 3 said I didn't seem to have a hearing problem. You need to re-evaluate your process.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

For several years now, I’ve noticed my hearing declining. Whether at home speaking with my wife, or at small social functions, or watching tv having to increase the volume. A family member had recently gotten a pair of hearing aids from the Beltone store in Trumbull, CT. He raved about them and the helpfulness he experienced from the folks at this Beltone location. My wife suggested I go for their hearing test. I agreed, and she accompanied me. I have to concur with that family member: the professionalism, understanding, care, consideration, and reassurance exhibited by Peter **, the hearing professional, were nothing short of outstanding.

In addition, once you purchase the hearing aids designed for your personal needs, Beltone does not leave you on your own to adjust to them. I meet with Peter once a week to go over any concerns or questions I might have for the first month or so, then every few months after that. In addition, Barbara, the office manager, was instrumental in setting up a payment plan for me, as well as securing a check from my supplemental insurance to help pay for a portion of the cost. If all Beltone locations employ people like Peter and Barbara at the Trumbull, CT office, then Beltone is definitely the leader in the field of hearing aids.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have in canal aids and rely on a pigtail to pull them out when necessary. Both pigtails have pulled out. One within warranty period and one without. These aids aren’t more than a few years old. My audiologist tells me without a major expense of sending them back for repair I need to buy new hearing aids. This is ridiculous. The product is defective period. I’m going to switch brands. I never had this issue with Widex.

Hello Ron,

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Upon arriving I was greeted by Ashley the receptionist. She was friendly and efficient. Ashley and I conversed pleasantly putting me at ease. My screening experience was exceptional. I knew I had a hearing deficit, but was blown away at my low level of word comprehension. The clarity of hearing with the demo Amaze was profound. Roy, Sr. Master Hearing Care Practitioner really listen to me. He asked questions after the testing related to the results of the test, explaining why and what could have caused some of the deficits found. These aids are pricey, so will have to save a bit before I can purchase them, but I will get them. I will definitely refer my friends.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Purchased a pair of hearing aids when I retired. Immediate problems with the ear molds not fitting, took several months to get them properly sized. Then the program switches on each device failed so could not move between various settings. Beltone wants $4-500 to repair each aid, ($1000 total). Local office has a very good person but now she has left so new person is on duty, lacking any sensitivity to me as a customer. Inquired about a new pair and pricing, was asked about payments terms (need 90 days to pay as I do not have insurance) and was told total due at delivery, take it or leave it. With as much competition as there is, one would think a repeat customer would get more consideration.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I paid $7000 for a pair of Beltone hearing devices. After 12 months, the devices performed satisfactory. At 14 months, the left hearing aid stopped working (out of warranty). I was charged $400 to have this unit replaced. After considering that I made no late payments and completed the payments within a 1 year timeframe, I am disappointed that this company does not warranty their product for longer than 1 year. I will be sending a letter to the Better Business Bureau to ensure that Beltone is notified of my limited-warranty concerns and do not recommend this product to anyone based on the after-purchase service. I would like to be reimbursed for the replacement cost, because of the initial significant cost of the devices.

Hello Rose,

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My husband purchased Beltone hearing aids based upon my research of their reputation and effectiveness. There was a store about 30 minutes away from our residence so follow up visits were easy. That store closed shortly after we purchased his devices. We then had to travel over an hour to get devices tweaked or for service. That store was unreliable in that it was rarely open, phone messages were not returned, and you very rarely could talk to a Beltone representative. Now, that store isn’t open at all. What do we do now? Beltone hearing aides needing tweaking and one needs a minor repair. Are all Beltone stores in jeopardy of closing? How do we get service in Arkansas?

Hello, Judi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved. We will be in touch soon.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My niece, Sharon, has no hearing in one ear and maybe 30 to 40% in the ear with the hearing aid. She was in the hospital and her hearing aid got lost, so we replaced that one. A young man from Beltone came to the hospital and gave her a hearing test. He was very nice and he did a good job. Also, the young man and woman in the office were very nice and helpful. They were wonderful. Sharon still doesn’t hear well, but the Beltone hearing aids help.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I work 40 plus hours a week. We have only 3 locations, one is 10 minutes from my job. Unable to get in to change out my dome and clean my piece, which only takes 10 minutes. I have to wait 8 days. They work less hours than I do, No Saturday appointments. I can get there by 5, but won't accommodate me. All locations have a huge turnover in people. Different person every time you go. I have had to deal with this issue since I bought mine in 2011. They give you a lifetime benefit, big deal. No one can work normal hours and be seen. I would NOT recommend buying from them. I am now shopping for a company that actually is there to a help their patients. Don't waste your money, find someplace and someone you can rely on.

Hello, Diana,

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is a real game changer. I had one to try out for a week, and I must say that I was quite pleased with the MyPAL Pro. Set in front of the television, and it streams the audio directly to the hearing aid eliminating that clarity loss for lack of a better term we users of hearing aids experience. Don't get me wrong, I love my Beltone hearing aid, it was real eye opener for me when I first tried one. I thought my previous hearing aid was OK, it did the trick, but when I tried a Beltone hearing aid, it felt like I went from using a toy you get out of one of those bubble gum machines at your local grocery store to a real professionally engineered, professional quality hearing aid. A Ford Pinto to a Lamborghini. Hot dog to a steak. It was, and still is great. Throw in the easy access to Beltone hearing specialists, and a lifetime of care, and it was perhaps the smartest purchase I've ever made.

Peter at the Howell outlet has been the best, and does not hesitate when I ask to try a device. I've tried the TV Link, and now I've tried the MyPAL Pro, and they were both impressive. When using the MyPAL Pro, I feel that my “understanding” of the television went from about 75% to close to 100%. What a difference having the audio stream directly to the hearing aid made! I used it with it being connected to the television, and in front of the television in microphone mode, and it was amazing how they both improved my understanding, and the clarity of what was being said on the television. Game changer! I can't say enough good things about it, I can't wait to get my hands on my own. I was bummed when I had to return it to Peter at the Howell, MI outlet. As far as the television is concerned it worked just as well as the TV Link, but is more flexible being mobile.

I also took it to the theater to see Bohemian Rhapsody as a benchmark test, and it passed with flying colors. While I still used the CC device a few times during the movie, the performance of the MyPAL Pro was phenomenal. It provided really clear audio streamed directly through my hearing aid. I was hearing the great music of Queen, in a movie theater, and could actually understand 99% of what was being said/sung.

Of course, I also tested it in a group conversation setting, and it worked quite well in that environment too! Game changer! I know, I know, I say that a lot, but in my defense, the MyPAL Pro is a game changing device. If I had my way, I'd make this part of the package of a standard hearing aid purchase, it helps THAT MUCH. You know how we get tired of asking people to repeat themselves, it's annoying to us, and it gets annoying to those people you interact with on a daily basis. They won't say so, but trust me it's annoying. The MyPAL Pro put an end to that. I could even leave the room, and still follow along with the conversation, so it's kind of like it gave me a super power...

My review? 5 stars. You are going to want this device. It WILL improve the quality of your life. It WILL improve the quality of the lives of those you love that live with you, and interact with you on a daily basis. No longer will you deal with the frustration of “not quite” getting what is being said by those around you or on television. My best advice is to get to your local Beltone outlet, and try one out. I think you will be quite pleasantly surprised. GAME CHANGER.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased my in-ear Beltone hearing aids about 2 1/2 years ago and have had numerous complaints about the product (hearing volume, calling and receiving calls, not hearing clearly primarily from the right hearing aid). Each time adjustments were performed but were never completely improved. The latest again with the right hearing aid. It was sent back to the factory and was replaced with a new one. The most constant complaint is using the hearing with my iPhone which is compatible with the hearing aid. When I make or receive a call it could take between 15-30 seconds to connect the other person.

I contacted Beltone today and they are going to contact my local office but I'm not sure what that's going to resolve. My warranty is up in May of 2019 and it should be extended due to the ongoing issue. It's frustrating when you depend on the hearing aid and the issues aren't resolved... Hope I get through to someone... I have other friends/family that have purchased hearing aids from other companies that are 100% satisfied and that's what I'm asking for.

Hello John,

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Updated on 02/06/2019: Beltone did get in touch with me within in a few days & said that someone from the Scottsbluff, Nebraska store would get in touch with me or my nephew. As of today no one from the store has called either me or nephew.

Original Review: My experience has to do with trying to get help after my sister passed away & she only had very expensive hearing aids 2 1/2 months. She got them at the Scottsbluff, Neb. store. I had purchased a different brand a few months before & was shocked at how much she had paid for her Beltone especially after she told me they had given her a discount because she was handicapped??? She lived on social security only. When I asked the salesperson why my sister got the most expensive hearing aids they offered he replied "That was the ones she wanted" knowing my sister the way I did (& the rest of the family knowing) we find that very hard to believe as she was always money conscious because she was on a limited budget. I also questioned how she was able to get credit to make payments known what her income was. I got two responses from the salesperson "It was her choice"??? & "It is out of our hands. We can't help you."

All we wanted was some kind of help as to what we could do with $6,375 worth of hearing aids that no one we know can use. Had my sister asked before she got them I would have told her NOT to go to Beltone. Now it is too late. Her family also feels she was taken advantage of because of her disability. The other thing was I know she was not happy with the hearing aids & she became ill before she could get them adjusted again. Because she was in a wheelchair & was not able to get out easily, the salesperson was kind enough to stop at her house to make adjustments. That is the only reason I rated it 1 star

Hello Donna,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have hearing loss in both ears and I started with Beltone Hearing Aids years ago. They run a first class operation and they are flexible. I’m very happy with Maryanne that I get phone calls reminding me of my appointments. She’s got a one-person staff and I’m very impressed with her. I got the behind-the-ear hearing aid model that I purchased from them two years ago and it is a far superior hearing aid than what I had used. The cost is a lot more than my other hearing aid, but the quality is so much greater. For my old hearing aid, they took the mold of my ear, then they made the hearing aid fit the mold of my ear.

For the Beltone one, they gave me one behind-the-ear for my right ear and I don’t even know the thing is in there, which I like. And I’m gonna buy one for my left ear as well. With Beltone, the hearing is much better and it’s much clearer. I can adjust it to different settings if I’m in a restaurant or if I’m in a church. I have it on all-around. It’s also connected to my cell phone, so that helps me a lot. The quality is superior. Beltone is doing a great job and I hope to keep going to them for years to come.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I purchased a pair of Beltone Hearing Aids (Legend 9-63) in March of 2018, and I thought I had solved all of my hearing problems. They included a Z-Power Rechargeable System, which is so much easier than managing the tiny batteries. However, right away I had trouble with them fitting into my ear canal and I have returned to the office at least once every month for adjustments. Just a couple of months into my ownership one of them actually quit working and it had to be sent in for repairs. The two salesmen who have helped me have been very kind and have made a real effort to make these work for me.

We have tried several shapes of ear connections, but most of them were uncomfortable and I felt cut off from the world, because they were impossible to use in group situations. I just couldn't hear if someone was close or far away from me. I am totally unhappy with them and I want to return them to Beltone. I know the trial period is long gone, but each time I went into the office, I was pressured to try just one more "fix." In the meantime I have already received benefits from BCBS, and I have paid the installments to the financing company. What shall I do to reverse this very disappointing experience?

Hello Barbara,

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have minor hearing loss. I still hear reasonably well without the hearing aid but I was having difficulty in groups, particularly in say a board meeting where a lot of people are sitting around in different places in the room. And I began to notice as I was having problems hearing some of the people in the room. Also, sitting in our kitchen with the radio on relatively low and my wife right across the table from me, I could hear the radio but I couldn't always understand her, so there was a problem there. I had a pair of basic hearing aids that I had purchased nearly five years ago and recently, I got to thinking that I really needed to go somewhere and have my hearing evaluated with the hearing aids in my ears. And that was what led me to Beltone.

I've been aware of Beltone for years. The folks there were very kind to run some tests with me with those hearing aids on and resolved it. I had had some hearing loss after the time that I was tested that led to the initial purchase. And so I decided to upgrade and bought their Amaze level brand, which I really appreciate being able to control with my cell phone or the remote and my hearing is better. I won't say it's perfect and I know that no hearing aid is gonna restore that. But I am able to handle situations now by being able to adjust back and forth with either the cell phone or the remote and function it in a way that I was having trouble doing.

I knew that I was gonna have to spend some money as I was fully aware that if I was gonna get a good set of hearing aids, I was gonna have to pay for them. So, I was prepared for that. And when I saw the features that were available, it didn't take much to convince me when I see something of quality electronically. It's not easy to back all of the features that are in these hearing aids without having to spend a lot of time in research. I got what I paid for. Also, Beltone has some very fine people. They were patient, thorough, and very careful. I'm very happy that I stopped by there.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have behind the ear, amaze hearing aids. I'm happy about my hearing improvement but very unhappy about not being able to hear music through my hearing device because I have an android phone. I paid over six thousand dollars for Beltone’s equipment and told that the technology isn't there for android. I wish I would have known this up front. I am looking at a very big company and scratching my head. Beltone can make this happen if they want to. Come on guys!!!

Beltone Hearing Aids response

I understand you were informed by a Beltone representative that we do indeed have hearing aids that are compatible with Android and Apple iOS. Thank for being a Beltone customer and we hope to continue to provide excellent service.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I purchased a set of hearing aids in September 2012 for $6,500.00. I have taken them back every 4 months for cleaning and service. However, when I took them in for service last week I was told that my left hearing aid would have to be sent away for a rebuild at a cost to me of $900.00. I am upset that it would cost that much to have one aid repaired and on top of this only replace the part that is defective with a guarantee of 6 months. I cannot afford this high price. I am currently walking around with one hearing aid and holding my breath that this one won’t die! People like me on limited incomes cannot afford to pay $6,500.00 and every time the hearing aid stops working you pay $900.00!

Hello George,

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

My mother got Beltone hearing aids about a year ago in Little Rock. They moved their office to N. Little Rock -- but now are closed. The closest place is Ft. Smith. That does NOT work for my 88 year old mother! Very disappointed in the quality of customer service with this company.

Hi Diane,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with the team right now to help you get this resolved for you and your mother.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My family said I was yelling at them and I kept trying to explain to them I was not yelling, I was talking loud enough to hear. My sister was in town and there was only a Beltone in Bowling Green. I went into the store and the reps were very knowledgeable and very nice. I talked to them and they explained stuff. They were very accommodating. I purchased the hearing aid that fits inside my ear that has a little "cat hair" wire with the little battery pack on the back of your ear. It was expensive like buying a car. But it was on sale that particular day and I saved a bunch of money.

I wear the hearing aid 24/7 and I wear them to sleep at bed at night. I had a problem though. I rolled over and broke the little "cat hair" off the edge of one of them. I was in Union, Florence and I Googled Beltone close to me. I went there and a very charming lady in there went through everything. I showed her my phone and she added an extra service so that I don't just have restaurants and original, but she punched in church mode. She fixed it with no charge. I would rather go to her than anybody I could tell you about. I would tell others how easy Beltone was and the difference in being able to hear and knowing what you couldn't hear. You would be able to discern birds and different trees and what a siren sounds like to be in a car.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was unaware if I had any hearing loss and I was at a Health Fair and Beltone had a vendor there. I spoke with the vendor and was offered a complimentary examination. Their service was excellent and they were very professional and very caring. I was referred to my ENT for further examination and when the ENT determines if I have hearing loss, I would go back to Beltone and will discuss it. The experience of the professionals in Johnson City was above and beyond expectations. I will highly recommend them and if my ENT requires that I do have a hearing aid, I will definitely go back to Beltone.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased two hearing aids on 01/12/2012. They worked fine until two weeks ago and the left aid quit working. I called the office and they are out of business. I called the Little Rock office and they are out of business also. I don't have a Beltone dealer in Arkansas I can go to get it repaired. I was supposed to have a lifetime warranty on the aids.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We were serviced at the Beltone in Tupelo and they were all busy. If you show up for batteries, it appears to be a big deal. Sometimes the interactions with their representatives are okay and sometimes it's rushed. They are both really nice though and the receptionist does a lot of the cleaning. They have a lot of clients and she is busy. You don't get much service very fast, but eventually, they'll get to you but it's frustrating because your time is valuable too. We live about an hour and 15, 20 minutes from Tupelo and if we're gonna go there and we need something, we're not gonna come home and then go back the next day.

My husband has a lot of excess ear wax and sometimes, we have to show up to get the hearing aids cleaned. I can clean it to a point, but I can't do it like Beltone can. If the hearing aids are not clean, it doesn't work and without it, he doesn't hear anything. With the hearing aid, he has some hearing and that truly beats nothing. I'd recommend Beltone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My Father is 84 years old living on social security. We purchased hearing aids and remote control 5,250.00 from Sears Lakeforest mall in Gaithersburg MD. At first we were very pleased with the hearing aids but as time went on we were constantly getting them repaired. It has been very aggravating. The only reason I gave 3 stars is because the Belltone location we use in Frederick Md are so nice. For the past few years we were going every month or 2 to get them repaired. Several times sent out for repairs. The warranty has ran out and now need new speakers which will cost 800.00. No way he can afford this. So right now is without hearing aids until we find a solution. Check his history and see how often we have had them repaired.

Hi Sharon,

We have been made aware that the Frederick office should be in contact with you informing you that your father's hearing aids will be repaired, free of charge. We hope he continues to have a pleasant experience with them!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

$6000 spent on Beltone and cannot use aids. I purchased a set in hearing aids that my salesperson set up and fine tuned in her computer. Problems from the beginning were my inability to hear with them and irritation. After several trips back still no better. Used about three days!

Hi William,

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I have about 50% of hearing loss. Beltone is a national chain and I want something that I can access from where I am at. I took the free hearing test from my local dealer. It’s a two-person store and the guy does two sittings each week then the girl does all the cleaning. I was very pleased with them. I got the molded hearing aids that fit in my ears. I'm happy with its functionality and performance. It's $2,000 for the pair and I’m getting my money’s worth. I can hear and my husband likes it. I don’t say “huh” anymore. I usually pull it out when I’m on the phone because the molded sticks out a little way and sometimes, I can make it beep with the phone adjusted.

Nationally, Beltone would give consumers an extra amount of time to make sure that they like the hearing aids. I didn’t like the idea that the rep would give people a week or two instead of the nationally-approved two months, and there were lots of hearing aids out there that would give even longer than that. That was really almost a deal breaker with me. If I hadn’t gotten enough time to find out that I was going to wear them on a regular basis, then that’s thrown out the door, I'd almost walk away over that. So my husband and I sat and talked to him and we said that we'll go to Florida and just wait till we get there. He honored that in the end, and I didn’t take the hearing aids back because I love them. I’m very happy and I would recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I purchased a set of hearing aids for my 89 yr. old mother in Kill Devils Hill in March of 2018. This went well. I felt as though I had gotten a quality product. The hearing aids were picked up in Elizabeth City in April of 2018. We took the hearing aids back several times due for resizing and color. We dealt with that. In September of 2018, both of the hearing aids fell apart. It was diagnosed that they had been crushed and had to be rebuilt. Insurance had been purchased, but was useless. The hearing aids were not crushed.

The coverings on both were broken. All the wires were good. The company wanted me to pay $400 for each hearing aid on top on the $5300 already paid. I feel as though the quality of these hearing aids were poor. Even with that said, I offered to pay for one of the hearing aids, because my mother was still complaining about the other hearing aid size (too big), which could have contributed to it falling out. The company was unwilling to assist. So, I have a set of broken hearing aids that my mother has worn for approximately 2 months. I’m disappointed in the quality of these hearing aids and the unwillingness of the Beltone to resolve this issue.

Hi Tonie,

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My hearing loss at first was just borderline and two years later, it was below the line. We had a Beltone store in Wabash. It was convenient and they were sending me information in the mail about their pricing. I took advantage of the free examination. The gentleman that works with me is very nice. He gave me a complete test and he knew the products and the warranties. Even his secretary is top-notch and really very knowledgeable about it all. I've taken my hearing aids there and the rep I work with was kinda thin there for a while because he was doing several offices. But his secretary was always able to clean them and readjust them. They're a really nice outfit to work with in Wabash.

When you can go and get a bunch of stuff online only at a fraction of the cost, hearing aids are too expensive. I paid over 7,000 for my first pair. Then, I went in for my yearly checkup, which they never charged me for, and I decided to upgrade. It was the same amount, except I got a trade-in allowance on them. They let the trade-in of the old ones for 2,800. I paid 1,000 on it and I’ve got a year to pay it off with no interest.

I upgraded my hearing aids and I really like them. They're so comfortable I actually got in the shower with them the other night. These are a little bit bigger than the ones I previously had because the batteries are a little bit bigger. Their rep said the other ones' batteries would go out about every three to four days if I wore them every day and these last seven to ten days. Also, when I turn the hearing aids down, I can hear it click in both ears, which the other one didn’t do. And I can turn them down or I can hold them down and they would down background noise that my other ones never did. So, the technology is a lot better and, for some reason, they fit in my ear better.

When I take my hearing aids out now, it’s like I’ve got mufflers on me. They’re a big difference in the hearing. And I can wear them to the movies now and if it's a movie where there’s a lot of action, I can turn them down a lot easier. I recommended Beltone to my brother-in-law four years ago and he went with them in Huntington and got his.

Beltone Hearing Aids expert review by Shelley Webb

Founded in 1940, Beltone is one of America’s oldest hearing aid companies. The Chicago-based company manufactures its own hearing aids and sells them in over 50 countries worldwide. Its target market is patients 50 years old and above.

• Product selection: Beltone has many hearing aid styles available, including in-the-canal, in-the-ear and over-the-ear models. You can work with an experienced Beltone practitioner to choose the hearing aid that works best for you depending on your degree of hearing loss, lifestyle, preferences and budget.

• Accessibility: Because Beltone is an international company, it’s easy to find a Beltone location near you whether you’re at home or traveling. There are over 1,500 independent hearing care centers throughout the United States, where you can receive a hearing screening, hearing aid fitting and more.

• Apps for mobile devices: Beltone makes it easy to control your hearing aids through several apps available for smartphones and mobile devices. The HearPlus app is compatible with the Legend, First and Boost hearing aid models and allows you to quickly adjust volume, change your program, check battery status and even locate a lost hearing aid via GPS. Other apps, like the Tinnitus Calmer and SmartRemote, can do even more.

• BelCare protection program: Beltone promises to support its customers for the life of their hearing aids. You will receive a free annual hearing evaluation, 30-day satisfaction guarantee, a one-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty, two-year protection for change in hearing status and many more benefits.

• Helpful website: Beltone is known for personalized customer service, and you can connect with a representative through their website and social media presence. You can also try a free hearing screening on the website and even schedule your appointments online.

• Best for: aging listeners and people with acquired or progressive hearing loss.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information