Call toll free
3.83/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Beltone has five hearing aids with technology dedicated to reducing background noise and focusing on speech and relevant sounds. Their apps and user-friendly tech make up for vague pricing only found on third-party sites.

PROS

• Covers every hearing level
  • Compatible apps are easy to use
  • Many hearing aid styles available

CONS

• Prices not available on website

Top Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

They're friendly and efficient, and their service is perfect. Everything about them is wonderful. I've had four Beltone hearing aids in the last 30 years and I'm very happy with them. I hear very well, and I've recommended Beltone to a number of friends.

My hearing wasn't what it should be before I got Beltone Hearing Aids. I could hear the sound, but couldn't make out the words and thought everybody was mumbling. I took a free hearing test from them in the store, and have had my hearing aids for 15 years.

Beltone hearing aid models

Beltone offers the following types of hearing aids: invisible-in-canal, complete-in-canal, in-the-canal, in-the-ear, receiver-in-ear, mic-in-Helix and behind-the-ear. Their hearing aids cover a wide range of hearing loss, from mild to profound. Beltone has five models of hearing aids: Beltone Trust, Beltone Amaze, Beltone Legend, Beltone Boost Max and Beltone Ally.

• Beltone Trust: The Beltone Trust is designed for people with mild to severe hearing loss. It’s available in a range of styles, including behind-the-ear and receiver-in-ear. It has a protective coating and technology designed to lessen the effects of tinnitus.
  • Beltone Amaze: Beltone designed the Amaze model for those with mild to severe hearing loss. It comes in a receiver-in-ear style. Rechargeable batteries remove the hassle of replacing disposable batteries. It is compatible with the HearMax app.
  • Beltone Legend: The Beltone Legend model is available in a variety of styles. Legend technology includes tinnitus relief and environmental programs that adjust settings based on your locale.
  • Beltone Boost Max: The Beltone Boost Max is designed specifically for those with profound hearing loss. The accompanying HearMax app allows you to adjust environmental programs and control volume. The SmartGain Pro options can also adjust settings automatically for you.
  • Beltone Ally: Beltone Ally has several environment-specific programs and ambient noise reduction features that allow wearers to prosper in noisy social surroundings. It has a telecoil for Bluetooth streaming and can support up to 8 programs.
ModelTypeFeatures
Beltone TrustBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, protective coating
Beltone AmazeReceiver-in-ear (RIE)Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, 24 hours of battery life, Tinnitus Breaker technology
Beltone Legend RIE 64Receiver-in-ear (RIE)Made for iPhone, telecoil, volume control, Android compatibility
Beltone Boost MaxBehind-the-ear (BTE), receiver-in-ear (RIE), additional custom modelsTinnitus Breaker technology, Remote Care, protective coating
Beltone AllySeveral stylesSpeech Spotter, protective coating, Sound Cleaner

Beltone hearing aid prices

Unfortunately, you won’t find prices on Beltone’s website; however, this is fairly common in the hearing aid industry. High-tech hearing aids with adjustable programs, apps and tinnitus relief tend to come at a high price. Still, you will only end up paying a few dollars a day for a hearing aid that lasts several years. Although prices aren’t exact, you can expect a hearing aid from Beltone to cost roughly $2,500, with some costing up to $4,500 per hearing aid.

Beltone technology

Beltone has a wealth of additional features and technologies to enhance your hearing experience. A Beltone representative can tell you which smartphone app is best for your hearing aid.

• Beltone Phone Link 2: This allows your phone to ring directly in your ear. You can answer your phone even if your phone isn’t on your person.
  • Beltone myPAL Micro and Pro: This wireless microphone extends your range of hearing up to 80 feet. This helps wearers hear conversations and other important sounds around the house and outside.
  • Beltone Direct TV Link 2: Just like it sounds, this lets you stream audio from the TV to your hearing aid.
  • Beltone Direct Remote Control 2: Adjust the volume on your hearing aid or switch audio streaming devices.
  • Beltone Tinnitus Calmer App: This app includes sound therapy and other exercises to reduce the irritation tinnitus can cause.
  • Beltone Hear Plus app, Beltone Hear Max app and Beltone Smart Remote app: You can adjust your hearing aid volume, adjust settings and more with Beltone’s convenient smartphone apps.

Do we recommend Beltone hearing aids?

We recommend Beltone hearing aids because they have a large selection of models and customizable styles, a broad sound coverage range and additional complementary technologies. We do wish pricing were more transparent, but their hearing aids are high-quality, making them a great option for the hearing impaired.

Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I have a minor hearing loss. My wife and other people have begun to detect it and we've talked about it off and on over the past six months. Then we received a $1,000 discount in the mail and so I decided to go ahead and see what Beltone was about and moved forward with it. A number of different tests dealing with ranges from the bass up to alto or tenor were done and detected a problem with hearing at the high pitch level.

Then for word clarity, they ran a series of 60 sounds or words that have various types of sounds like CH and SH sounds. Through that analysis, they determined that it wasn't a question of clarity and understanding because I only missed 1 out of 60. They also did a distance test with the test on the hearing aid system itself. The rep walked out of the room and talked at a normal voice to see if I could hear it through the hearing aids, which I did. He explained all the testing within both from the bass to the middle range to the high range, the differences, and the functions.

My hearing aids have been good. I have various settings because they are for different purposes, restaurants, at home or in a car. But initially, I had a problem with the way I was setting it back into the charger in the evening. I can rub the hearing aid attachment and I can hear the sound of the rubbing and everything with it right there. There were many times when it wasn't linking on the cellphone. If it wasn't linking, I couldn't reset it for the different environments that I was in. But that seems to have been corrected because I was told to lightly set the hearing device into the charger. I had been pushing it down and I don't know if that had any impact on it or not. I've started doing it with the way I was told and there has been no problem with the link at all. That problem was not with the hearing aid though. It was about the Wifi linkage connection. At this point, I'm satisfied that my hearing aids are working.

Get expert buying tips about Hearing Aids delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had hearing loss from my childhood and it progressively got worse over the years. Then, I had a job in an office space where I had to be super quiet and I can’t hear when they talk. I was really loud and I didn’t even know it. And I’ve learned to lip read. My supervisor did not know I was almost deaf until we had the conversations because I would cheat and see what she was saying and piece it together. I had no choice and was forced to get hearing aids. I did research and purchased Beltone for their reputation.

When I got my first set, I truly heard my husband’s voice for the first time and we’ve been married almost 30 years. I cried the time I heard it. The lady that set me up with it was amazing, she sat there and cried right along with me. I could hear her and even the people in the hallway. I could understand what they were saying. When I go to their office, they know me by name. They genuinely care and it’s not about the money. They try to do everything they can to save me what they can. And they make the aids last as long as possible.

In general, I can have a full-blown conversation with somebody and not have to struggle as much. But with these hearing aids I have now, I’m struggling because my hearing is getting progressively worse and by the end of the year, it’ll be gone on the right side all completely. I’m getting ready to get my third set because my second set is just about the end of their road. What I have now is the one that goes in the canal, and then it’s over the ear, and behind the ear, and that’s probably what I’ll get again. The lady said what might work better for me is the one that’s molded to my ear and it goes inside but we’ll discuss those options when it's time.

It is what it is. I had to pay to get what I have to have, but it’s expensive. The next ones are gonna be $6,000, $7,000 so it’s sad. But they’re well-built hearing aids. My husband wouldn’t listen to me and went to some hearing aid place and he had nothing but trouble with his. I kept trying to say that mine had never broken and my batteries last a good week. I take them out at night and open the battery case so it's not running 24/7.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I have a friend the in the town where I live that has done business with John from Beltone. I talked to John and I liked him. He’s a heck of a nice guy. He was very good to me and treated me like gold. The service couldn't have been any better. I decided right then and there to go with Beltone and get a hearing aid from them. Years ago, I got hurt in a mine accident and my workers’ comp sent me to a regular hearing doctor in Evansville, Indiana. So, I had to go down there and do my hearing test. They printed out all my results for me and then I took them to John at Beltone. He worked with me really well and the help he gave me was wonderful. I got a top-of-the line model that costs $8,350 and it has got a good warranty on it. It goes behind the ear and it has a little thing on it that is plugged into the ear.

John has done me a great favor and I appreciate what he did. My daughter is an assistant at Toledo University Basketball. We were going up there for a big deal over the weekend and I asked John about the hearing aid because I wanted to really hear what was going on. My workers' comp was paying for my hearing aid and I was not supposed to get it until it was paid for. But John let me take it with me and he said that he was not worried about me. He had talked to the workers’ comp people and they had said that his check would be with his business within 10 days, and it was.

Since I put my hearing aid in, it sure made a world of difference. When I sat out in our big family room at home to watch the news on TV, I had the volume on 26 before and my wife sat in the living room and watched television there because the TV in the family room was too loud for her. But now I've got the TV volume on 6.

So far, my experience with Beltone has been really well and I couldn’t have been treated any better. The girl that works for John, Katy, helped me too when I had a little problem one time. John had shown me how to clean the hearing aid and I thought I had cleaned it, but I still had a little earwax in it. Katy cleaned out my hering aid and put a new rubber thing on the end, and I was on my way in two minutes. I've told a guy who was gonna get a hearing aid to go down there to Beltone and see John. My hearing aid has helped me tremendously and I should have had it a long time ago. Now, I've even got John's cellphone number and he told me to call if I have any problems.

Original review: April 13, 2019

This is my second set of Beltones and I just upgraded them. My other hearing aids were old, and I had been inquiring about battery life since the upgraded ones are rechargeable. I jumped on the upgraded one right away because I wear them full time and I’m almost deaf if I don’t wear them. Also, I don’t have to spend money on the batteries.

I didn’t care for the gentleman that worked at Beltone three years ago. But Melissa, who works there now, is excellent. I can’t say enough nice things about her. The woman is amazing and she really knows her stuff. All I have to do is call her up, and she’ll walk me through it. She can go online or on a computer and talk to me, and I don’t even have to go in there. So, that is awesome.

I’ve only had the new hearing aids for six weeks now, and we’re still tweaking them. Melissa showed me a few tricks that I can try at home. My problem is when I get into my big office or into conference rooms or I get in an airplane or I go into noisy environments, all of these are changes that my hearing aids go wacky. I can get on the app and fix that right away, instead of having to take them out and worry about it later.

Melissa showed me the app and there is a lot of good information on the app if you just take the time to read it. And it does help you. When I get in my car and my grandchildren are in the backseat, I have to adjust because their tone is different than what my normal settings are, and all I have to do is go on my app. So, it is pretty awesome. It truly was worth the money for me to spend to be able to do this. Otherwise, my other hearing aids just had two adjustments, and I had to click the thing on the ear, and if it didn’t work, then I had to go in the office, and then the Beltone rep would have to plug them in and readjust them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This is a real game changer. I had one to try out for a week, and I must say that I was quite pleased with the MyPAL Pro. Set in front of the television, and it streams the audio directly to the hearing aid eliminating that clarity loss for lack of a better term we users of hearing aids experience. Don't get me wrong, I love my Beltone hearing aid, it was real eye opener for me when I first tried one. I thought my previous hearing aid was OK, it did the trick, but when I tried a Beltone hearing aid, it felt like I went from using a toy you get out of one of those bubble gum machines at your local grocery store to a real professionally engineered, professional quality hearing aid. A Ford Pinto to a Lamborghini. Hot dog to a steak. It was, and still is great. Throw in the easy access to Beltone hearing specialists, and a lifetime of care, and it was perhaps the smartest purchase I've ever made.

Peter at the Howell outlet has been the best, and does not hesitate when I ask to try a device. I've tried the TV Link, and now I've tried the MyPAL Pro, and they were both impressive. When using the MyPAL Pro, I feel that my “understanding” of the television went from about 75% to close to 100%. What a difference having the audio stream directly to the hearing aid made! I used it with it being connected to the television, and in front of the television in microphone mode, and it was amazing how they both improved my understanding, and the clarity of what was being said on the television. Game changer! I can't say enough good things about it, I can't wait to get my hands on my own. I was bummed when I had to return it to Peter at the Howell, MI outlet. As far as the television is concerned it worked just as well as the TV Link, but is more flexible being mobile.

I also took it to the theater to see Bohemian Rhapsody as a benchmark test, and it passed with flying colors. While I still used the CC device a few times during the movie, the performance of the MyPAL Pro was phenomenal. It provided really clear audio streamed directly through my hearing aid. I was hearing the great music of Queen, in a movie theater, and could actually understand 99% of what was being said/sung.

Of course, I also tested it in a group conversation setting, and it worked quite well in that environment too! Game changer! I know, I know, I say that a lot, but in my defense, the MyPAL Pro is a game changing device. If I had my way, I'd make this part of the package of a standard hearing aid purchase, it helps THAT MUCH. You know how we get tired of asking people to repeat themselves, it's annoying to us, and it gets annoying to those people you interact with on a daily basis. They won't say so, but trust me it's annoying. The MyPAL Pro put an end to that. I could even leave the room, and still follow along with the conversation, so it's kind of like it gave me a super power...

My review? 5 stars. You are going to want this device. It WILL improve the quality of your life. It WILL improve the quality of the lives of those you love that live with you, and interact with you on a daily basis. No longer will you deal with the frustration of “not quite” getting what is being said by those around you or on television. My best advice is to get to your local Beltone outlet, and try one out. I think you will be quite pleasantly surprised. GAME CHANGER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have known about Beltone for a long time, and my hearing had gotten bad. And I’ve decided to go up and talk to them. I had nothing but a good experience with them. Their customer service has been good. They were very helpful, and I couldn’t have asked for any better service. When I go to church, I couldn’t hear the preacher or when I'm in any kind of meeting, I couldn’t keep up with it. But I can hear better since using my Beltone. I’m well satisfied with it. And I noticed I can hear the television, I don’t have to have it as loud for me to understand what they’re saying on TV.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have tinnitus and I can't understand a lot of what's being said, especially by higher pitch. I saw an ad for Beltone and I decided to go through them. Their customer service handled my situation very well. Since using Beltone, I can understand people a lot better when they're talking, especially when it's a higher pitch sound that is coming through.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had gone with the VA and I got a hearing aid that wasn’t worth a darn. It was a very cheap one and it wasn’t very good quality. I couldn't hear with it. Most of the men talk loud enough that everything comes through good but with women, I could not pick up what they were saying. With Beltone, I also have a lot of problems but it’s better than what I had. Plus, the young man who takes care of me is very customer-friendly and he appears to try to do everything he possibly can for me. I’m very satisfied with his work.

Lately, I’ve noticed a couple times that my battery does not last as long as it should. About eight hours of the day, it would start beeping and giving me a tone, and then it would stop. Then maybe a few minutes later, the other would do the same thing. The rep told me that there was a button on the back, which is the reset button. He told me to push that and I did. He thought that would take care of my problems and it hasn’t. It has never needed resetting on the charger.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My family told me that I wasn’t hearing very good, and I was having to ask everybody to repeat things. I had received a thing from Beltone and I thought, “Well, why not?” So I went up and talked to them, which was more convenient than having to drive all the way into Memphis. Their customer service rep was very nice. Since I started using their hearing aid, I hear better, more like one on one. But not that great of a difference. I knew it was gonna cost a lot because I had already checked into everything. I was expecting to be able to hear better than I do, but I’m pleased with what I have.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Beltone's reps tested my ears and sold me some hearing aids. They were local and the guy whom I spoke with put a good bit of pressure on me to buy them. The ones they sold me were too expensive though. Still, Beltone has been fine to work with.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information