4.48/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Beltone Hearing Aids

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 77 years, Beltone has provided personalized hearing care solutions for individuals with hearing loss. Our award-winning, technologically-advanced products are backed by BelCare protection, and are available in over 1,500 locations across the United States.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

465 Beltone Hearing Aids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I felt I needed hearing aids and I saw a Beltone store, so I just went in and made a purchase and it has tremendously impacted my life. The hearing care professional was excellent and it has been an efficient experience.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My husband had Beltone years ago because he’s a letter carrier in Chicago, where they originated. I had used another hearing aid brand before going to Beltone. I saw this brand and I thought it would be good. They treated me very well at the dealership where I got the hearing aids. However, the first pair I got did not work out good and somehow, we clashed with the person who sold it to us. They took it back and we replaced that. And then, I also upgraded to the larger one with the T-13 battery unit, which seemed to be better then. I didn't feel them in my ears and I can go to sleep with them. However, this third pair got clogged up and I had an awful lot of wax in my ears all the time.

Their rep, Mary Ann, was very nice, polite, and always does her best. She’s a big improvement over the previous guys at Beltone. She told us that I build up a lot of dry skin, but we didn’t have this problem with the previous products I had. She also said that we couldn't clean them and they needed deep cleaning every three months which should be done at the office. Because I’m legally blind, my husband had to make the appointment to go to the office. He also didn’t want to clean the hearing aids himself because he didn’t want to mess up the product.

Sometimes, when the hearing aids didn't work, my husband and I had to take them in their office which is discouraging to me. And the bad thing about Beltone’s service was that we’ve had to wait twice. The last time, we waited almost two hours after we made the appointment. Mary Ann said that the hearing aid professional was in her office but she needed help. The lady was professional though.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

My mother got a hearing aid and I got two hearing aids from Beltone. It has improved my husband's life better than mine because I can hear him more now, but it has impacted my mother's life tremendously. She's 89 years old and has not been able to hear for several years. We could not talk her into getting a hearing aid but we finally did, and now she can't imagine life without it. The girl who worked at the front desk was absolutely awesome. The rep was so kind to my mother, explained everything, and helped her with her hearing aid. We like their products and they've also helped me when I couldn't figure out how to change the wax thing in one of them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I bought hearing aids from Beltone. The hearing aid professionals were fine. They were nice and courteous. I also got my hearing aids checked out for follow-up and got some batteries. These hearing aids made me better and I can also hear better. Beltone has really been great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I remember Beltone from a long time ago when we still lived in Detroit. It was an unknown name at that time. I'm 77 years old and when I was losing some hearing in my ears, we’ve realized to get hearing aids. There is another company that’s really big down here and I've heard its advertisement all the time on the radio. But I was afraid if I'd gone over there and I checked out Beltone that I might run into a problem. Beltone’s office was in an area that I was familiar with and since I already knew Beltone's name, I felt comfortable going to them. When I went in their office, the young lady there was a nice person. She greeted me like she's happy to see me and they have coffee there if you want a cup of coffee.

I also got to know David who was easy to work with. He told me what their products were, from the most expensive down to the least expensive, and whatever would fit in our budget. He knew that we had Humana and he said that Humana would cover part of the price. He told me everything I needed to know right away but we didn't get the hearing aids immediately as I tried to decide which one I would want and what would fit our budget the best. David did everything that he could to help us to understand then he gave me the test for my ears and we discovered that one ear was worse than the other one. My husband, Jim, was there too with me because sometimes I forget things. David also treated Jim very well. He's very friendly and he got to know us.

I like that the Beltone hearing aids are easy to get in and out of my ears. They also gave me this cute little thing that holds the batteries and there's a little tool that makes it easy to grab the Beltone. I don't have to struggle with my fingers to try to get a hold of those tiny things. Their hearing aids are appropriate for me because I have noticed a difference. I had problems with people that mumble or speak in a lower voice and sometimes when I watched TV, I couldn't understand what they're saying. Now I can hear a whole lot better so the hearing aids have been very beneficial to me.

David told me how important it was to use my hearing aids as much as I could so that my ears got used to them and got better somewhat. He’d take them and clean them often, making sure that everything is working. Also, I’d go in there every three months and he’d look in my ears then give me another hearing test. He’d go through words that I would have to repeat to make sure that I'm hearing good. He also makes sure that I'm happy with the hearing aids and that I'm using them. Then he would refresh the batteries so I have more to get me through to the next time. I'm happy to go and be with David and have him help me. The whole experience has been very pleasant and I've recommended Beltone to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beltone Hearing Aids?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I was having trouble with the hearing aids by other companies because they didn't work well. The ones from Beltone are twice as good as them because I can hear better and they’re so easy to use. The rep that fit me with my hearing aids was very nice and he was really good. He showed them to us and he let me try them on. The price was a little high but my interactions with the reps have been great all the time. I tell anybody who wants to have good hearing aids to go there.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I'm poor about wearing my hearing aids because I have itchy ears. And I've had some problems. But with my Beltone hearing aids I hear better. I also love their hearing care professional, Vicki. They're good.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Beltone worked with me in the financing. I had insurance but they were very helpful there. I also loved their technician. She was wonderful. Their hearing aids appeared to be of very good quality in comparison with others and they have a good value considering the extended coverage that I got. They also make it a lot easier for me when I'm with other people so that I can understand everything that's being said. I am very impressed with the service that I've been receiving. I have also recommended Beltone to a friend and she has gone there to get hearing aids too.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

If people need hearing aids, they should try Beltone. They can fit people and it only takes a minute. The testing is not that long and it's very efficient. I had other hearing aids and I never liked them because they had a wire that went behind my ear and I wear glasses. I wouldn't wear them because they hurt my ear. I saw Beltone when I was looking in the telephone book, and I called them.

I went into the office and there was the nicest receptionist. And then, I met a man that examined me and he was very good. He found out that I was almost totally deaf and he fit me with a hearing aid. Then I went back a couple of times and they readjusted the hearing aids for me. They're so comfortable that I sometimes fall asleep in bed with them. Also, I have taken a shower with them, but I haven't had trouble with them. I have a couple of friends who couldn't even tell I have them in now that I could hear them, and I felt proud about that. I'm very satisfied overall.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I went to Beltone and liked their product and their service. I've had my hearing aids for five years now but at that time, they were top-of-the-line. I go to the office once every three months and get my hearing checked. The person I'm working with now is the third professional who's been there and I have enjoyed going there every time. My experiences have been very good all the way through. I’m having a little bit of problem now but I may need my hearing retested. Otherwise, I can hear most of the time and the hearing aids have made it easier for me to participate in life. Beltone has been excellent.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I love Beltone. I can’t hear and I’ve got ringing in my ears all the time, so I thought I’d go up there and see what’s happening. They gave me a set, no charge. I’ve been up there a couple of times and they’ve been adjusting and cleaning the hearing aids. They handle you really nice and the rep’s got a really nice attitude. I’m still trying to get used to playing around with the volume, but it seems to be working.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

The Beltone store is a few miles away from me so I pass by it quite a bit. Once, I stopped then, said I needed some help and they did a more detailed hearing test. I found out that I was almost deaf and I had never heard that before. Mike, their rep who assisted me, was very good. I've also had interactions with them after the purchase and they've all been very good too. The hearing aids have made my life a lot better and so far they have been the best I've ever had. I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I went in the store and looked, and the Beltone hearing aids seemed to work out. So, I've been using them ever since. However, I was having a problem with the pair that I had where I would feel like there was an electrical jolt right through my head - from one hearing aid, right through my head and out the other one. I took them back and the lady turned them in. And they sent another pair. That sensation of jolting through my ear is gone, but there are times when it seems like the left one just totally shuts down. And then, I'll have to play with the volume buttons on the right one. It will be all right for however long and then sometimes it will shut down again. It's inconvenient and I'm not happy with it. But I hear a lot better than I did so I can't really complain.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I get hearing aids every three years. My insurance pays for them. I went with Miracle-Ear the last time and I wasn't happy with them. There are no hearing aids that work like one's own hearing. But we tried to get the ones that are two of the best. The guy from Beltone who sold my hearing aids to me was a nice guy. He tried the kind that bends over my ears first. But I didn't go for that because I wear glasses and I was afraid I would be losing them. And what I have now, I put in my ears and I won't lose them. So far, I'm satisfied. I think they're going to work out okay, but it's going to take me a little bit more time to wear them. Also, I'd probably be going in again in a few days. I'm going to call and see if they can turn them up just a little bit more.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I have the in-the-ear hearing aids from Beltone and I hear a little better than I used to. Their reps are also businesslike and professional.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My father used to have Beltone Hearing Aids all the time. Then, I went to a meeting with my husband who has a Cochlear where the speaker was telling us all about the BAHA. He also told us that has an office where he sells Beltone and when he said it was Beltone, I thought that it was a good idea. I waited until I could check a new hearing aid and I could get it in the last month. Instead of going to see the person who was the top two in Detroit, I went to Brighton and thought that I could find a Beltone store closer to home. I was over Linden, Michigan and they had one in Fenton which is only 10 miles from me. So, I called them up and got an appointment.

The person that fitted my hearing aids was very nice and so was his receptionist. They were the top of the line. When the tech did my hearing test, I was so thrilled that I could get two hearing aids instead of one. I've had to wait every three years and take turns with my previous hearing aids but now I could get two of them, one for both ears. My new Beltone hearing aids also have a wire instead of a tube and I was so thrilled on that too because before, I had to go about every four months and have my tubes changed because the tubes would get old. Now the tech at Beltone has me come back every two weeks and he checks it to make sure everything is going ok.

So far I'm happy with my Beltone hearing aids and my experience with them has been great. When I put them on, I hear out of them and they're wonderful. They also fit good and are comfortable. Before I got my Beltone hearing aids, I've never been happy with the ones I had for the last six years. Three years ago I got a Siemens hearing aid and they had so many problems with it. They sent it back about three times just to get it right for me. Beltone also told me that my old hearing aids didn't correspond back and forth with each other and that the other place I used to go to should have adjusted them. But that place never did that and they never said anything to me.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

On May 10, 2017 I purchased the Legend 17 64DW hearing aids from my local Beltone office. I could not tolerate the large size of these aids, returned them and replaced them with the Legend 1763DW. I received my new hearing aids on June 19, 2017. On Aug. 12, 2017 I received a letter from my local Beltone representative stating he was closing the 2 local offices that he operated. His instructions were that any service necessary would have to be done by shipping UPS or FedEx to his office over 250 miles away. There are no other Beltone dealers within a 100 mile radius.

I have already needed to send in my hearing aids for a new ear tip and it cost me $9.50 UPS without insurance. To insure the hearing aid for the $2000 value would have cost me $55! My complaint is that I should never have been sold these hearing aids without being told there would be no service available during the warranty period. I feel that it is unethical and unacceptable to be notified less than 2 months after the receipt of my new hearing aids of this fact. How am I to proceed from here?

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Hi Cheryl,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your hearing aids. I have forwarded your inquiry over to our Customer Service team. A Beltone Customer Service representative will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The phone and my Beltone hearing aids are connected together. I got the phone app where I can talk on the phone and I can hear the sounds coming in my ear. I've had hearing aids now through the years and most of them are comparable. Also, the people who I've dealt with have been very good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

My wife went to Beltone because they were offering a hearing test. She purchased a good hearing aid that goes over the ear. The technician was very good and he adjusted it nicely and they took care of all of her needs at that time. They were able to do all the adjustments on the computer and she got a remote adjusting tool. Overall it was a nice experience. Everything has been working out very well. She tried out the latest one and it was much better, but it was too much of an expense. And the original one could be adjusted, so it's okay. She hears everything with it. She heard really well before but there were certain tones that she missed. It depended on how it was given to her.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

When I first got my hearing aids, I got them in with Michigan Life. I had to go to Grand Rapids all the time and then I had a shoulder replacement. I had an appointment and I said "I won't be in for a while. I had my shoulder replacement and I will call you so I can come back." They called me probably about six times all while I was having my problems with my shoulder and I got so sick of it.

Melissa was the one who fit my hearing aid and she's just a sweetheart. She used to work up in Grand Rapids at the same place I went. That's the first time I went but then they changed over and she was there. She was just so nice no matter what you did or if you had a problem, she could fix it. Then I called Beltone and made an appointment. I walked in there and the girl at the desk she said "Oh, she's just going to be just a few minutes." And I said oh, that's fine. So I sat down when the door opened and this gentleman came out that she had already talked to and was talking to him. He left and then she came over and I said, "Oh, my god, Melissa!" I was really pleased to see her there.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I got your hearing aids about three months ago and trouble with them all time. They cut in and out all the time. Send them back and still did not work. Got new ones and they do the same thing as before. Not built very good to me. I don't like them at all.

Beltone Hearing Aids response

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Beltone hearing aids. Let me forward this over to your office to see if we can find some resolution for you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I purchased a Beltone hearing aid and I like that I can hear clearly with it. Beltone's hearing care professional was understanding and very helpful in picking out the right hearing aids that I needed to get. And she was very knowledgeable on how things went and she was also very pleasant and informative. All in all, Beltone has impacted my life tremendously.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Me and my girlfriend were driving through town and we noticed the Beltone sign. They said "Free hearing test" and that took me, so we stopped in and I had a reading test and I read it just above pass. It was unreal so I didn't even hesitate. I got them right then and it felt a lot better when I had them in. I also like the fact that I wear my back from my ears and nobody can actually see them unless they look really really close. That was a good feature for me too but it doesn't bother me. If I had to have one that showed, it wouldn't bothered me too since I'm not that vain. However, I cannot understand why it cost that much but I'd say that everyday I still get my prescription.

My hearing care professional, Melissa, was a sweetheart. I like her and she's very nice and she's just right there whenever you need her. She's good and also has a very good knowledge of their products. I went back a couple of times. First time was because I've taken the hearing aids out the first night and then put them on my bed stand and when I got up in the morning, I couldn't get it in my ear and I was trying to put the big part in my ear first. She laughed at me when I took them down there and she showed me what to do and everything was fine after that. Also, I had to take them back because the right ear wasn't working. It was a matter of some ear wax that got into the little piece there. But she fixed that right away and everything was fine so I had no problems. However though, one thing I have noticed when I'm watching television, if they have violin music, my hearing aids screech like crazy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I know Beltone has been around for a long time. I have a granddaughter who works for their office, too. The rep was very confident and friendly. She answered questions and took care of what’s going on. I got the hearing aids for both ears and I can hear plainer, so I don’t have to keep saying "what" too often. Every 90 days, Beltone does a check on the hearing aids and clean them. If anything needs to be replaced, it’s replaced. Overall, they’ve been accommodating, friendly and available to answer questions if needed. I’d recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My husband has had hearing aids from a different place, which was overpriced, and we were not especially happy with them. I never considered another company after his until I read about Beltone in the paper or a magazine. The reps seemed to know exactly what they were talking about and they answered my questions. I’m very happy with the service and their attitude. There’s a different rep there now and he’s just as well. I have hearing aids that go behind, over and in to my ears and it has helped a great deal. Overall, I’m very satisfied with the service, with the equipment and the follow up service is good.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I purchased Beltone Hearing Aids. Beltone guarantees to take care of their customers better and they had an office set-up rather than some mall set-up that's only been around for a year or two. The hearing aids work pretty good and they're pretty clear. Their reps are very good which is seen in their professionalism in the office and the way they conduct their business activity. They know what they were doing. I had a couple issues with chargers and batteries. I don't know if they're all under the same ownership or their franchise store or how they've done it. But John, the guy that I've done business with has done a fine job keeping up on whatever else I had to follow up with. These issues were resolved. I can hear a lot better with Beltone Hearing Aids. The experience overall was pleasurable and not confrontational.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I’ve been thinking about getting hearing aids for quite a while. I saw an ad of Beltone Hearing Aids in a local paper and I thought I’d give them a chance. I had also heard before that they were a very reputable company. I had a very good experience with their hearing care professional. He portrayed a lot of confidence and knowledge about what we are doing and convinced me that I needed hearing aids. He and the receptionist were both very nice people, so I wouldn’t hesitate to go over there again. However, Beltone hearing aids were a little more expensive than I had anticipated. But I realized that if you want to get anything that works well for a long time, you have to be willing to pay the price.

The hearing aids have good quality. Since I’ve had them, I’ve noticed a difference in my life but the biggest difference is noticed by my wife. She would confirm that the hearing aids are doing a good job. Beltone and the people that represent them were very reputable, knowledgeable, and helpful. The service was good and I enjoy working with them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I went to Myers and there was a lady that came there and she had Beltone for a long, long time. And so I decided to try them. I got my hearing aids for a year now and the gentleman that takes care of me is very good. I'm always happy to go back there to see him every three months. He's a very nice person and very easy to talk to. I've been very satisfied with everything.

Beltone has four different settings on it that I really like having. If I go on the shows that are too loud, instead of taking them out of my ear I can just go to number four and then when I go back out to do my ushering job I put it back to one or two. Before when I went to a meeting at church or the senior center, I would make sure when I sat I would sit so that whoever was the speaker was to my right because I hear better on my right ear than on my left. So having hearing aids made it much better. I don't have to worry about where to sit. I can go there and sit anywhere. I recommend Beltone Hearing Aids. In fact, I got a friend that went and got them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I had a real bad experience with the hearing doctor that I went to before. I had two hearing doctors that wanted to put me in cochlear implants and they totally hurt me financially. But Beltone has always been good. My lady of 35 years saw Beltone hearing aid on the paper and she said it’s worth a try because the ones that I had were junk. I only got a hearing aid in one ear because the other one’s totally gone. It’s a free checkup so I did and sure enough Humana paid for it and they set me up with a Beltone hearing aid. I had it for about three years with no problems.

The first rep who helped me was John. He had hearing aids in his ear too. He’s a lot younger than I and he was great. He did the test and pointed out the one I should have so I got a refurbished hearing aid the first time. Dave took over last year and helped me get a brand new hearing aid. He’s been great too and helped me out with everything.

I hear well with one hearing aid but I got to keep everybody on my left side. Some of the road and restaurant noise are a pain but I got to put up with that. They set me up an appointment every three months and I follow up on it too. I get my ears checked and they check for waxes too. I’m totally satisfied and happy with Beltone. I tell everybody to go and just switch to Beltone and get better taken care of. They did me right and they will do the others right too. They got me hooked. They get you in and out on time. And I feel comfortable with them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I had a pair of Beltone hearing aids given to me from a relative that passed away and only had them for a few years. Then I found they had better technology, so I bought a new pair. It costs more than the AT&T though. I have someone else that has a different hearing aid and it connects to his Apple phone. He can turn it up and down that way, which I didn’t know that there would be a better system. But besides that, my experience with Beltone was very pleasant. It's really nice to be able to hear a lot of what you've been missing. Plus, their hearing professional was very knowledgeable. He taught me a lot about the hearing aid. That's what made me decide to go ahead and buy another pair. I met with him almost every month for the first few months. Now, I don’t have to see him but once every six months.

Beltone Hearing Aids Company Information