3.6/5 (325 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: April 27, 2020

Serta's warranty is outstanding. They replaced my mattress when it developed a sinkhole in the center when it was approximately six years old. Replaced with one of equal original value - top of the line.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I really feel great comfort on this mattress and it had great ratings in the store. I feel like it’s a good investment. Everyone should enjoy a good night's rest. Serta has been around for a long time and has proven that they have improved year after year.

Original review: April 26, 2020

Mattress and Box Springs were delivered and did not fit my bed frame. They took items back and within couple of days sent different size that fit. No hassles, no questions. Great customer service. This company believes in its product.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Very comfortable. I love my king mattress. Sleeping great every night. Can’t live without my Serta Mattress. What a great sleep I have every night so thankful for my mattress. I need a new one. Mine is getting old but still sleeps great.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I bought two memory foam mattress. It has been 5 years and still very comfortable, clean. I have fibromyalgia and the comfort is excellent and the quality superb.. My son has one too and he love it. His back pain and sleeping problems none existence.

Original review: April 24, 2020

The mattress was supposed to be pillow top but it is anything but. It is hard and uncomfortable. Will buy Stearns Foster next time. Very disappointed in this mattress. Had to buy a mattress topper just to offset the lousy mattress.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Comfortable, good quality - last long, not breakable for a long time, durable, soft, easy to care of, love it!!!! Easy to move around if needed to fit in the room, large enough for two people, doesn’t lose its shape.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I only purchase Serta. Have been extremely pleased for many years/would not change brands. When you have something great that works why bother changing. I always look at information on other brands but nothing has gone far enough to change my mind yet.

Original review: April 23, 2020

My experience was that we were greeted and then able to look at mattresses on our own. As soon as we had questions an associate was available to answer them. The transaction was quick and we left feeling we got a good deal and made the best choice for our budget.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Had 12 mos no interest financing, delivery was free and they took away old mattress. Extremely comfortable and warm with pillow top feature. Perfect for my back and neck. Soft but not too soft. Highly recommend.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Bought top of the line, over $3,000 before sale, queen mattress set. In less than 3 years the side collapsed from sitting on edge to put on my shoes. I'm 6' 2" & weigh 240 lbs. This should never have happened. Buying a Sleep Number soon.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I purchased a queen set from the Brick in Winnipeg and in just a few weeks the sides caved in. The Brick said because I never purchased a bed frame from them that the warranty was void. Our bed frame is Hotel rated with steel slats so it was a load of crap and just a way to not honor their product. I'll never buy another Serta product or deal with the Brick again and I urge you to do the same. Companies who don't stand behind their products should not be allowed to sell to hard-working people in Canada. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BRICK OR SERTA.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We purchased a brand new 2020 Coachmen Destination Camper. I’m the only one sleeping on the mattress. This mattress has sagged so bad I cannot sleep on it anymore. We have only had it 3 months!! I’m 140 pounds I have turned so I wouldn’t have to hurt my back any worse than it already does and now that side is sagging just as bad! I would love to send you pictures. I would not suggest SERTA to my worst enemy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We purchased a mattress 2 years ago and it is sagging on one side. We are not large people.... The inspector who doesn’t work for them admitted that it was bad. In fact they no longer make this mattress. Luckily the vendors are rectifying the situation. However, our story is not unique.. Person after person Facebook complain of the same thing and they deleted my comments and blocked, me from commenting.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We ordered this from Sam's Club in Moore, OK as they didn't have it in stock. Ordered August 8, 2019. It is already sagging (my husband weighs 160, I weigh 145). There is a hump in the center of the mattress. Registered warranty info with Serta, they said I had to contact Sam's. Why should I contact Sam's? The mattress was made by Serta and warranty was registered with Serta. This will be the last Serta mattress we will purchase.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We purchased our Serta iComfort Temptouch from Mattress Firm back in 9/17. We put in a warranty claim 1/20 for sleeping in indentations with a hill in the middle. It is uncomfortable. It is awful. We were denied because the pics of the measurements meet the mfg's standards. OH COME ON! We are paying on this mattress for the next few years and it is a piece of **. I feel we have been screwed out of our money and left paying on a bed we despise and is greatly uncomfortable. Serta needs to get a reality check and realize that when people spend their hard earned money on something they expect a little consideration, especially when they are left with aching backs and necks every morning.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Bought an Icomfort Collection King Size bed. Purchased 03/2012. It has sunk almost a 1/2". When you lay on it, it sinks and huge hump in middle. Called Serta and they said it has to be 1 1/2 depth. On website it says 3/4". Trying to deal with Serta is a nightmare. Stay away from SERTA.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

It was my first time that I bought the Serta mattress from online. But mattress quality was very bad. After using a week later, my mattress got a big hole. **. Never buy it, please. If you buy it, you would feel regret. There is no way to complain about it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

We have had nothing but trouble with Serta mattresses over the past five years. Every one has collapsed, and we're both under 200 pounds, so they should not be collapsing under us. When you finally decide it's bad enough you can't stand it, be prepared to shell out a couple hundred bucks for an inspection and shipment on the replacement. Once your replacement arrives, it will immediately begin collapsing as well. However, after the month of hassle, you'll decide to put up with it for another year or two before it's so bad, neither of you can get a decent night's sleep anymore. Then, if you had two pillow top mattresses like us, you'll agree to take a cheaper mattress in hopes that one without a pillow top won't collapse. You'll be wrong.

Our current warranty replacement isn't even two months old. However, since we went without a pillow top, the depressions in the bed are far worse on our backs. My wife wakes up in terrible pain and can barely lift our three toddlers. We told Serta we just want our money back because we bought believe they can make a decent mattress. Today they told us there's no manufacturing defect, and our bed did displaying normal body impressions under 1.5 inches. The corners are raised significantly. Even going across the lower middle. I easily measured over 1.5 inches. They're flat out lying because they don't want to give us our money back, but we're not going to pay a could hundred bucks for another mattress that will collapse right away on us again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My son purchased this matress 8 months ago and 3 months ago we were moving his furniture around. We turned mattress up against wall and I could see something through bottom of cover. Unzipped it and there's a 2ft x 2ft area of mold. There has never been any liquids spilt and there are no watermark's on base or bottom fabric. The mattress came in a plastic wrap and I'm assuming in trapped moisture in when packaged. Serta says they don't cover mold because it's an environmental issue. This mattress obviously came this way and their warranty states it cover problems coming from factory but they are sticking to it be owners fault and won't even send someone out to inspect. Probably because they know it will prove it came from within the foam after packaging. So my son paid 800 for a matress he now has to throw away! I would never buy Serta!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

It's the worst mattress I have had. I bought what was supposed to be a firm mattress so as to provide comfort but regretted the purchase a few days after I purchased it as it seemed to have a sink hole wherein my back kept slumping in. Unfortunately, even though I had every intention of returning it immediately for my refund, I could not because I fell ill with bronchitis. I had contacted the store I got it from and was told to contact the manufacturer directly, but when I checked online after reading the terms of return, which included some technical restriction about how many inches of sagging the slump in the mattress had to be, before it could be returned, I knew I was stuck with the purchase.

Since I could not immediately afford a new mattress having lost all my belongings, I contemplated sleeping on the floor. I regretted the loss of my old mattress which was very comfortable, but I had been forced to give up due to exposure to mold from a previous uninhabitable apt. building I had been displaced from. Instead of looking forward to going to bed, I avoided going to bed knowing the discomfort one would suffer through all night, even with pillows as support including the pillow in between the legs to maintain proper posture during sleep.

I tried to give it a chance but it only seemed to get worse and caused back pain so severe I had to put a pillow or bed cushions in the slumphole that was causing me severe sleep discomfort and pain. Eventually, I went out and purchased another mattress set and put the Serta mattress in between like a sandwich, but that did not alleviate the problem. The only reason I still have it is for short-term guests. It's one bad and regrettable purchase, a total waste of my money, which I consider a big rip-off, especially with the unreasonable terms of return for a product that cost so much money and caused health issues with no value in return. I would NEVER buy a Serta product again and definitely will NOT recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Worst mattress ever. And I'm still making payments for this junk. It's a pillow top with cool and warm something. Sounded awesome but it's horrible. My back hurts every time. I've been sleeping on the couch. Now me and my husband fight for the couch.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Serta Mattress a couple years ago and noticed sagging. We contacted the vendor who sent us to the website to file the claim. To make a long story very short Serta denied the claim. Not standing by it's product is enough reason to avoid them, but to add insult to injury they wasted a great deal of my time. If you do buy a Serta Mattress realize that you may be on your own when problems come up. I would suggest making the purchase as if there was no warranty no matter what the sales person says.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

For anyone interested in purchasing a Serta mattress - I had a Serta bed which when moved between bedrooms got disfigured, we contacted the warranty customer service and several of their staff and got nowhere. When my partner tried to fix it and opened it one entire layer got disintegrated and the glue was dried up - we were sleeping on this for years! So despite recontacting with photos Serta, and having the receipt they didn’t believe that they should do anything. The memory foam became softer with time and it was 6 years old prior to this happening. I waited for over 2 months for any action.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My back hurts so bad from laying on this horrible piece of garbage. The sagging is over an inch in either side resulting in a massive palpable lump in the middle of the bed. They won't replace it because it needs to sag another half inch for that to happen. Asked for the firmest mattress in the store and got this uncomfortable POS that I'm lying awake in as I write this. 25 year warranty? I'd burn it, but it's filled with flame retardant.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I ordered a mattress, on June 23rd 2019. Expected 10 day delivery. Still have not received my product. I’ve literally followed up with Serta customer support 6 different times, 2 times have been escalated to a manager. I’m respectful, they’re somewhat respectful but care nothing about follow through. I will be cancelling my order. They keep claiming that they’ve shipped it to the delivery company, and they should be reaching out. Have not had any company confirm delivery. They supply you with the number to call the delivery company as a out for them. 2 of the times I’ve had escalated to manager we’re both times I’ve explained the companies did not answer phones. I will not buy a Serta mattress now at all, as I know how post purchase customer support already works.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a mattress 2 years ago and now it sags over 1.5 inches. I contacted Serta and I then had to pay their inspector. Not a good program. I would stay away from them unless you only need a couple years out of the mattress.

Original review: April 16, 2019

After dealing with sciatica and shoulder pain, both which were aggravated by sleeping positions, I bought the ICOMFORT adjustable, vibrating bed. I LOVE IT! When I sleep on my right side, which is my normal position, my right shoulder would keep me awake, until I adjusted the bed to zero gravity, and that allowed me to stay on my back and sleep comfortably. A small pillow made to slip between my legs keeps my back aligned, which helps sciatic nerve pain.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free in the morning.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had this mattress approximately 6 months. I wake up with lower back pain and it is already lumpy. You can actually see the lumps, it’s awful....especially since the cost was over $1,000.00 and I’m still paying for it!

Serta Mattress Company Information