3.71/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Serta Mattress Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My back hurts so bad from laying on this horrible piece of garbage. The sagging is over an inch in either side resulting in a massive palpable lump in the middle of the bed. They won't replace it because it needs to sag another half inch for that to happen. Asked for the firmest mattress in the store and got this uncomfortable POS that I'm lying awake in as I write this. 25 year warranty? I'd burn it, but it's filled with flame retardant.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I ordered a mattress, on June 23rd 2019. Expected 10 day delivery. Still have not received my product. I’ve literally followed up with Serta customer support 6 different times, 2 times have been escalated to a manager. I’m respectful, they’re somewhat respectful but care nothing about follow through. I will be cancelling my order. They keep claiming that they’ve shipped it to the delivery company, and they should be reaching out. Have not had any company confirm delivery. They supply you with the number to call the delivery company as a out for them. 2 of the times I’ve had escalated to manager we’re both times I’ve explained the companies did not answer phones. I will not buy a Serta mattress now at all, as I know how post purchase customer support already works.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a mattress 2 years ago and now it sags over 1.5 inches. I contacted Serta and I then had to pay their inspector. Not a good program. I would stay away from them unless you only need a couple years out of the mattress.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had this mattress approximately 6 months. I wake up with lower back pain and it is already lumpy. You can actually see the lumps, it’s awful....especially since the cost was over $1,000.00 and I’m still paying for it!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Turned mattress every 2 months and developed indent where butt goes. Have to sleep semi elevated and find it very uncomfortable with lots of pillows. Couldn't afford to buy a new mattress right now so made due but I'm up 2-3-times at night for the bathroom and find it hard to settle again. Not sure what would be best option for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: April 3, 2019

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mattress was the way to go. So far, no complaints and I sleep comfortably.

Original review: April 1, 2019

The mattress is way too soft. I must admit to letting the dogs sleep in bed with me and they have a habit of pushing me to the side! I always end up sleeping on the edge of the bed which is way too soft. I believe I messed up when I bought this mattress and I should have searched for a firmer mattress. And probably not a hybrid.

Original review: March 21, 2019

We purchased our iComfort mattress in May 2012. In 2013 the mattress started sagging. We called the retail store and we received a replacement mattress. In 2015, the replacement mattress started sagging. I called the retail store and they sent a technician to examine the mattress. The technician report stated the mattress was in perfect condition. These technician do not lay on the mattress to see the peaks and valleys, instead they bring a long piece of wood and lay it across the mattress to see if there any space between wood and mattress.

For the last 3 years I have had a technician come out to examine our mattress and they keep reporting back to Serta that the mattress is in good condition without paying on the mattress. When people go to buy a mattress, they lay on that mattress to see the condition of the mattress and if it is right for them. Why doesn’t the technicians lay on the mattress to inspection it? NEVER BUY SERTA, I don’t see why people keep buying Serta mattresses. It’s seems like the Serta iComfort mattress are defective and Serta will not work with their customers with these defective mattresses.

Original review: March 13, 2019

On 7/27/13 I purchased a Prodigy King Mattress Set. After delivery the mattress never felt right. It was too firm. Called the store and was told to walk and crawl on it to soften the gel foam. This did no good. I slept on it rarely. On 4/15/14 I purchased the Adjustable Base after once again speaking with the store manager who suggested this to alleviate back pain. This also did not help except their pocket. On 3/9/19 while in a bedding store I inquired and the manager told me to check the label on the mattress to make certain I had received the correct bed. I did and it turns out instead of the Prodigy, a Savant was delivered.

I have now spoken twice with Serta reps. and am told it is not their fault and nothing can be done. So, one of their Distributors, (now out of business,) delivers a wrong mattress set and I'm out $5,400. In addition, I have tried all manner of mattress toppers and body pillows to make this mattress work, to no avail as it is simply too firm for my damaged back. Bottom line...Serta takes zero responsibility.

Original review: March 11, 2019

We purchased the iComfort mattress from a large furniture store. After several years the comfort foam started to sink in on both sides. We contacted the furniture store and they gave us the warranty claim procedure. The procedure included taking a picture of the Law Tag. They are usually sewn onto the seam. However, this mattress didn't have one sewn into the seam, never did, and had no tag remnants like it had been cut or torn off. It never was sewn on.

After doing some research, some of them apparently had a "stick on" label for the Law Tag. Who knows how long ago that label fell off or if it even made it to our house when we purchased it and it was delivered and set up by the store. Nice way to avoid any warranty claim. If you purchase a Serta mattress, better find the tag and keep it under lock and key. Without it, the warranty could be 10 minutes and they wouldn't stand behind it. We've been looking for a replacement and I can assure everyone that it will NOT be a Serta product.

Serta Mattress Company Information