3.6/5 (269 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

This is the 2nd mattress and see the photos I am uploading and keep in mind, I still do not have any help on this. I have been going around in circles with this company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CO, THEY ALSO own SERTA.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased an iComfort mattress and adjustable frame. We purchased two king size extra long mattresses and frames. They came with a twenty five year warranty. My mattress recently failed. After a lot of back and forth I finally got them to send someone out to check out the mattress. They did find it to be failed. Serta then responded that they would order a new mattress. After quite a long wait they e-mailed me with release forms to sign in order to get my replacement mattress. I assumed that with the information from my original purchase that the comfort/firmness level of my mattress would be like my original. I was not given the choice to go to a local store and choose my mattress. I signed the release saying that there was no guarantee of replacement for comfort. I signed it feeling that it was a formality.

All the while I assumed it would be like the original. My husband's side of the bed had already failed and been replaced. His was just like the original so I had no reason to think mine would be any different. The mattress they sent me is horrible. It is like sleeping on concrete. I cannot even sleep a full night on it. It is really bad. After three e-mails to them I have had no resolve. Their respond is there is no comfort guarantee. They recommend I buy a mattress topper for my very expensive mattress. We paid $ 6000.00 for our complete bed set. This bed comes with a 25 year warranty. I don't recall the first replacement of my husband's side being told that you get whatever they send. I feel like this is unacceptable. I will never buy another Serta product of any kind. I will also tell everyone I know not to buy from Serta.

Very Unhappy Serta Customer

Gay

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a Serta mattress Perfectsleeper Elite in January 2020. I only slept on it intermittently. Maybe totaling 2-3 months from March 2020 to June of 2021. I immediately noticed that in just a couple of days the side I slept on was starting to get uncomfortable from deep body impressions. From June 2021 until now (January of 2022) the mattress is sagging from head to toe straight down the middle so bad I roll into it and it literally takes effort to get out. And when I sleep on my side facing the middle of the bed my body tilts towards the middle twisting my lower back because it’s sagging so bad. I don’t sleep in the middle of the bed, only on the sides and I weigh between 110-115 lbs and sleep alone.

I bought a platform bed when I bought the mattress and I was told it would help prevent sagging as it got older. Apparently this is so very untrue. Had the pandemic not come along and I was able to stay at my home in another state, I would have found this out within the first couple of weeks of sleeping on it. I would have returned this crappy bed back so fast!!

I’m unfortunately stuck with an absolutely worthless, extremely uncomfortable and very painful mattress. I wake up with horrible back pain from my lower back twisting towards the sagging middle every time I sleep on this bed. Why would a $1400 mattress sag in the middle in just 6 full months of use? I don’t even sleep in that area? The sides I sleep on have deep indentations from where I do sleep which makes me have to switch to the other side of the bed every week. I have never slept on a mattress that is so uncomfortable. It’s supposed to be a soft plush yet firm mattress. Absolutely does not fit that description at all!!

After finally sleeping on it for a few weeks straight it started sagging. I even flipped it over and tried sleeping on the unpadded side. That side also started to get a deep sagging in the middle after only a couple weeks!! I however didn’t have the problem with leaving deep uncomfortable body impressions though. So, sleeping on the mattress for only a month I called to see if I could return it or get a replacement thinking it may have been defective. Since July 2021 I have spoken to 3 customer service representatives that were beyond rude and condescending. One woman actually went as far as saying this sounds like something you did to the mattress. (What could I possibly do to a mattress to cause it to sag after sleeping in it for a month? Even if I slept 2years in it I couldn’t cause a sag straight down the middle.) All 3 of the reps I spoke with provided terrible customer service and a we could care less attitude.

However, I’m sure they receive a large amount of calls from people that are extremely unsatisfied with their purchase. So? Most likely Serta could care less since they seem to have been selling uncomfortable poor quality mattresses for quite some time. If you haven’t purchased one yet? I suggest you don’t. I purchased a mattress at Goodwill for $20 as a teenager that now seems like a heavenly cloud in comparison. By far the most worthless purchase I have ever made!! Don’t buy unless you’re getting this for someone you absolutely hate.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I ordered a mattress from SERTA on 5/31/2021 and was told I would receive it by 6/30/2021. It never came in so I called and they said the carrier lost it. They charged my card in July when they said they originally shipped it. They told me they would ship me replacement soon. I called back on, was told they would ship out a replacement on 8/13/2021. I just had XPO try to pick up my old mattress and when asked where the new one was they said SERTA never shipped it. I called SERTA again and they said they never shipped it and I will have to wait longer for a new ship date. I asked for a manager for the 3rd time and was told one is not available for me.

I now have asked for a refund since it has been 2 months since I have paid and they have no solution for me to get a mattress from this company. Horrible service that treats their customers horribly and takes money and doesn't deliver on their word in 3 months. I am shocked they are still in business. Don't normally write reviews but I am for this horrible service. STAY AWAY FROM SERTA SINCE YOU WILL GET CHARGED AND NOT RECEIVE A PRODUCT FOR MONTHS.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I loved, loved the mattress...in 2015 when I bought it. So it seemed like I must be imagining it when I felt like I was going to roll right out of it onto the floor in under a year! It’s been progressively getting worse since then. I now require medical attention for my back and can no longer walk more than the width of three houses or carry my ten pound dog. I wish I had found these reviews sooner instead of later. I will be checking them in the future before making any large purchases.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I bought a Serta Mattress from Mattress Firm. The salesman told me it was a clearance mattress, what he did not tell me is there is no warranty on clearance mattresses. My mattress is not even a year old and it has a big body indentation and I am not heavy, I weigh 145 and am 5'7". Mattress Firm will not do anything so I called the corporate offices since Serta has a 10 year warranty on their mattresses. The rep was so rude and so matter of fact and said no it is a clearance mattress so no warranty. I said your product is not even 1 year old clearance or not. They could have cared less. by the way some of their mattresses are made in CHINA!!! I will never buy from MATTRESS FIRM AND I WILL NEVER BUY A SERTA. I BOUGHT A DREAM CLOUD THAT HAS A LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Original review: June 26, 2021

My wife and I needed to get split beds due to our health and we needed to get new mattresses for them. We tried 4 different mattresses and made our choice of the Serta Mattress. We bought 2 and for the first couple of months they were great but now they are starting to lose their support and for the amount of money we spent I would have thought they would have lasted longer.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I ordered a Serta Motion Air King Adjustable Base through Sam's Club and the order was lost and Serta literally told me there was nothing they could do about it. That if they receive a status report that they would email me. I asked how they could make it right and they said that I just have to wait for an email. This is absolutely terrible business! Save yourself the headache and don't order any Serta products!

Original review: June 22, 2021

My Serta king size mattress is great. Very comfortable, particularly after I added a foam egg create mattress topper to it. Good experience for me, & my best friend Kobe my poverty. We both sleep like a baby. Mattress is just great. “That’s All!

Original review: June 21, 2021

Overall the mattress didn’t wear well. We had to contact Mattress Firm for a warranty claim. They have been very helpful. I would recommend mattress firm. Still waiting to hear from Mattress Firm if they are going to replace the mattress.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Great warranty. Had a bad quality expensive mattress and they processed and inspected and confirmed. They replaced it with same value of new mattress. Key is to get extra firm but soft mattress and buy and put 2-3" memory foam on it before putting the sheet on them. You can replace memory foam every 4-5 years but leave expensive extra firm mattress alone.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I had the same mattress for 10 years. It was the Eurotop - it had a 10 year warranty, and I lost it in a tragic flood. So naturally, I bought another Serta brand mattress. This one is not near the quality. It is memory foam, and I hate it.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The mattress is not the worst, but not the greatest. I feel that it sinks too much as you sleep. I called them about this when it was first purchased. They did come out and measure how much it sinks. It apparently passed the test of sinking TOO much and brought me out a different mattress (same as I had). It really and truly isn’t any different. I just kept it and I sleep on it every night. Would I buy the mattress again, no. I am researching mattresses now to get some thoughts on what I might want next time.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I HAVEN'T SLEPT THIS GOOD IN YEARS!! My back doesn't hurt in the mornings anymore. I wake up rested after falling into deep sleeps. I can turn over without any more hip pain. I purchased the FIRM QUEEN and it is the best purchase I have made in a very long time. Well worth the money. Purchased from Big Lots. Very very pleased.

Original review: June 16, 2021

It's a hybrid mattress and it is fine. I needed both a box spring and mattress for my bed. I explained all details to the sales guy on how I sleep and my current issues related to sleep: warm at night, kick off covers then get cool and pull them up again. I still am warm at night. But I don't believe the hybrid mattress provides the cooling I need.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We bought the bed only 2 years ago and it's already too soft. I don't feel like the life of the mattress is as good as other brands. Luckily we got it on a good deal so it hurts less having to go buy another new bed so soon.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Really like the time the sales associate spent with us finding an appropriate mattress and answering all of our questions. The whole experience from demonstration through delivery and first night's sleep was great.

Original review: June 13, 2021

The mattress is bed comfortable. It definitely helps with my back pains. I’m able to get a good night's rest and be energized when I wake up. I would definitely recommend this bed to anyone who loves being comfortable.

Original review: June 12, 2021

When we purchased our new home 2 years ago, we decided to move towards better quality mattresses and an adjustable frame. We have been nothing but happy with our choices to move in this direction. Our quality of rest greatly increased due to these choices. The mattress is not overly firm nor soft. It just assumes the body and allows you to relax and fall into a deep sleep. We would highly recommend Serta to anyone looking to improve their quality of sleep.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Serta really needs better quality control. I received two mattresses that had the same issues. The mattresses are comfortable until they're not which is happens in about five to six weeks after your first night.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I purchased a Serta Pinedale Firm mattress on December 4, 2020. When the mattress was delivered I noticed that it didn't lie flat on the bed frame, it looked wopsided! I called the store and I was told that it was like that because it was turned on the side during transport. This has got to be the most horrible mattress that I have ever seen! I have woken up two different mornings in so much pain in my back that I can't hardly walk. The mattress has an indention where my hips were lying. I am so disappointed in this mattress. I bought it because I always thought that a Serta was a good brand. This mattress is horrible!! I will never buy another Serta!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I bought an expensive mattress thinking that it'll be worth it. Horrible experience ever!! My mattress is full of mold and Serta won't do anything about it, they claim this is not part of the warranty they provide. I have 3 children. One of the is a newborn that sleeps in that mattress!! I am now extremely worry that his health may be affected. Serta has a horrible service when it comes to warranty. I will never ever buy again from them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Serta has very poor customer service. I have a 10 year warranty And this company fails to support and respond to my concerns. I’ve had this mattress for one year And the company that sold it to me Sent a truck driver to inspection. He looked at the mattress and the store called me and said he said the mattress was not broken. I asked the manager to send a person that would inspect and not just look at the mattress. The manager said he wouldn’t and I should go to hell. Serta won’t respond.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Wasnt comfortable. Sagged in the middle like a taco..only had it within 20 days and Serta said couldn't help us with our product. We had purchased a firm pillowtop, wasnt cheap. 1300 plus dollars. Ended up giving to our daughter, Even she says not the best..sag in the middle. She's 14, should not be like this. Purchased it in Oct 2020.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Purchased the mattress from Mattress One in 2015. They are no longer in business. Started having sags or dents in the mattress after just a couple years. This mattress is horrible. Now I filed a claim only to get the run around. I produced the tag pics as requested and proof of purchase from the lending company. Warranty declined because I didn’t have the original receipt from mattress one company. Could not get a copy because the company is out of business. Serta does not stand by their products. Waste of time and money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My mattress is 3 years old. I feel like I have to crawl out of a hole when I lie in it. I tried to claim warranty, but the mattress does rebound therefore it doesn’t meet the “3/4 inch” requirement. The process to submit a claim doesn’t allow to show true representation of how the mattress is when laying on it. My body aches every morning.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Approximately 1 year ago we purchased a King Size Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress. The first one had a huge lump in middle and we returned it and it was replaced. The replacement mattress has no support where we sleep. Each morning there are huge dips where we were sleeping and both my husband and I have been experiencing extreme back pain. He just had a kidney removed and thought at first that was where the pain came from, but no, it is where his body is not supported. My issues are the same. I awake several times every night with extreme pain in my hips and my back. Is there a warranty on this thing? I am so disappointed in what we purchased.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

My wife and I just purchased a Serta Sleep Perfect mattress for almost 1400.00. Have had it 8 months and is already broke down on sides and holes in the sleep zones. We are not large people 160 and 190 5ft8. We also don't spend more than the 7 to 8 hrs in bed. Have purchased dozens of mattresses in my life and will never again buy a Serta. Would not recommend Serta to anybody and try to disuade. Not going to chase the warranty nightmare. Have read the reviews. Will go look for new mattress in spring (hopefully post covid). Definitely not Sealy.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2020

Contacted sales manager who resolved the concerns properly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have owned two iComfort mattresses. Both have broken down with dipping and uneven wear. Not only do the dips create back issues, but you have to roll up into the middle of the mattress over time because each side that is slept on eventually compresses on the ends. I purchased both of my mattresses from Art Van and whom provided a warranty replacement for the first mattress I purchased. Unfortunately, Art Van went out of business so I contacted Serta for help. Right from the start I was met with resistance rather than a helpful customer service experience. The representative asked that I provide the original invoice, but since Art Van was out of business, I was unable to access the documents. Even though I had a verifiable Serta mattress, they were not going to help at all or come up with a friendly workaround to help out (like the best companies do).

Thankfully, I eventually found my invoice which allowed me to move beyond the first step. The next step was to send them a $60 check (which was free with Art Van) to have a 3rd party company evaluate the mattress. Upon inspection, it was physically obvious when seeing the inspector use tools to access the issue. Anyone could see and verify the dips in the mattress using their process as well as a physical inspection. A week or so after inspection, I received a letter indicating the warranty does not cover the known issue. The current state of the mattress does not allow for a comfortable sleep and my wife has to sleep in our spare room because the dips impact her spine and creates pain.

Serta fails to realize the competition has now created a new model for online mattress purchasing backed by 100% "friendly" customer support and warranty. Within reason, the trend is to replace a mattress with known issues and find a solution for the customer within "reasonable" perimeters. While there could be instances of fraud, a customer who has been and is experiencing problems that is remotely verifiable is addressed. If there is a problem, they fix the issue and stand behind their products rather than sweep them under the rug. Serta takes the easy way out to find a reason to not warranty a known issue. Considering this is my second mattress and I remained loyal to the brand, I had hoped for loyalty in return. My second warranty mattress was not free. I was required to pay the difference of an additional $1000 to receive a comparable model.

It's a shame they are short sighted. They will continue to create detractors like myself who will write at least 100 reviews. These reviews will help people like myself searching for a reputable company who stands behind their products with integrity to ver towards another brand. I will deter thousands of dollars worth of sales by using my voice and honesty to help others. The competition sees the opportunity within an old, tired industry. Customers are left high and dry. Serta could have had a customer for life, but they choose to save a penny rather than earn a dollar. Thank you.

Andrew

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We purchase a top of the line $1899.00 Serta Mattress six years ago, in 2014. Over the last year both my husband and I quit sleeping in our master bedroom due to back pain and shoulder pain. We realized our mattress had literally sunk on the two sides where we sleep and the middle of the mattress was a good 3/4 to 1" higher than our sides. This shows as being certified under warranty. So I opened the warranty request, and attached the pictures requested. I was in the process of taken the 3 photos they requested me to retake when my final warranty review was posted. Warranty was invalid due to my Thomasville King Bed Frame and the box springs PROVIDED BY SERTA with the mattress. DO NOT BUY SERTA. They do NOT stand behind their products and lay blame on things that are built to support any other mattress in the industry. Out $1899.00 and a bad lower back to add to that. No more SERTA ever.

Serta Mattress Company Information