2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.54/5
Save up to $1000 during Serta’s Memorial Day Event *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Serta Mattress Shop Now

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My mattress is 3 years old. I feel like I have to crawl out of a hole when I lie in it. I tried to claim warranty, but the mattress does rebound therefore it doesn’t meet the “3/4 inch” requirement. The process to submit a claim doesn’t allow to show true representation of how the mattress is when laying on it. My body aches every morning.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Approximately 1 year ago we purchased a King Size Serta Perfect Sleeper Mattress. The first one had a huge lump in middle and we returned it and it was replaced. The replacement mattress has no support where we sleep. Each morning there are huge dips where we were sleeping and both my husband and I have been experiencing extreme back pain. He just had a kidney removed and thought at first that was where the pain came from, but no, it is where his body is not supported. My issues are the same. I awake several times every night with extreme pain in my hips and my back. Is there a warranty on this thing? I am so disappointed in what we purchased.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

My wife and I just purchased a Serta Sleep Perfect mattress for almost 1400.00. Have had it 8 months and is already broke down on sides and holes in the sleep zones. We are not large people 160 and 190 5ft8. We also don't spend more than the 7 to 8 hrs in bed. Have purchased dozens of mattresses in my life and will never again buy a Serta. Would not recommend Serta to anybody and try to disuade. Not going to chase the warranty nightmare. Have read the reviews. Will go look for new mattress in spring (hopefully post covid). Definitely not Sealy.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2020

Contacted sales manager who resolved the concerns properly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have owned two iComfort mattresses. Both have broken down with dipping and uneven wear. Not only do the dips create back issues, but you have to roll up into the middle of the mattress over time because each side that is slept on eventually compresses on the ends. I purchased both of my mattresses from Art Van and whom provided a warranty replacement for the first mattress I purchased. Unfortunately, Art Van went out of business so I contacted Serta for help. Right from the start I was met with resistance rather than a helpful customer service experience. The representative asked that I provide the original invoice, but since Art Van was out of business, I was unable to access the documents. Even though I had a verifiable Serta mattress, they were not going to help at all or come up with a friendly workaround to help out (like the best companies do).

Thankfully, I eventually found my invoice which allowed me to move beyond the first step. The next step was to send them a $60 check (which was free with Art Van) to have a 3rd party company evaluate the mattress. Upon inspection, it was physically obvious when seeing the inspector use tools to access the issue. Anyone could see and verify the dips in the mattress using their process as well as a physical inspection. A week or so after inspection, I received a letter indicating the warranty does not cover the known issue. The current state of the mattress does not allow for a comfortable sleep and my wife has to sleep in our spare room because the dips impact her spine and creates pain.

Serta fails to realize the competition has now created a new model for online mattress purchasing backed by 100% "friendly" customer support and warranty. Within reason, the trend is to replace a mattress with known issues and find a solution for the customer within "reasonable" perimeters. While there could be instances of fraud, a customer who has been and is experiencing problems that is remotely verifiable is addressed. If there is a problem, they fix the issue and stand behind their products rather than sweep them under the rug. Serta takes the easy way out to find a reason to not warranty a known issue. Considering this is my second mattress and I remained loyal to the brand, I had hoped for loyalty in return. My second warranty mattress was not free. I was required to pay the difference of an additional $1000 to receive a comparable model.

It's a shame they are short sighted. They will continue to create detractors like myself who will write at least 100 reviews. These reviews will help people like myself searching for a reputable company who stands behind their products with integrity to ver towards another brand. I will deter thousands of dollars worth of sales by using my voice and honesty to help others. The competition sees the opportunity within an old, tired industry. Customers are left high and dry. Serta could have had a customer for life, but they choose to save a penny rather than earn a dollar. Thank you.

Andrew

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We purchase a top of the line $1899.00 Serta Mattress six years ago, in 2014. Over the last year both my husband and I quit sleeping in our master bedroom due to back pain and shoulder pain. We realized our mattress had literally sunk on the two sides where we sleep and the middle of the mattress was a good 3/4 to 1" higher than our sides. This shows as being certified under warranty. So I opened the warranty request, and attached the pictures requested. I was in the process of taken the 3 photos they requested me to retake when my final warranty review was posted. Warranty was invalid due to my Thomasville King Bed Frame and the box springs PROVIDED BY SERTA with the mattress. DO NOT BUY SERTA. They do NOT stand behind their products and lay blame on things that are built to support any other mattress in the industry. Out $1899.00 and a bad lower back to add to that. No more SERTA ever.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I ordered Serta mattress from Sam's club on August 1, 2020. It's now October 10th and I've yet to receive the product yet my card was charged. Sam's says call Serta, Serta says call Sam's. The delivery company doesn't even have a customer service line or a live person to talk to. Frustrated all around with lack of customer care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Bought a Serta Perfect Sleeper July 2017. Today my wife and I are already having back aches and stiffness from sleeping on the mattress. Tried turning it twice now, no luck. The sag in the mattress is 1 1/8 inches. Warranty covers 1 1/2 inches. Only lasted 3 years. Disappointing, won't being buying a Serta next time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

In December I tried out and purchased a King Perfect Sleeper. When it came, it was not the bed that I ordered. I like a very firm bed with nice padding on top. The bed came with no padding and was like sleeping on a board. It was NOT the bed I ordered. It took several moment to get it removed and my money refunded. It took me several months to try again because the first experience was such a fiasco. I asked that the plastic be left on the second Perfect Sleeper. Good thing because once again I did not get the firm mattress I ordered. What came is a super soft mattress that sinks badly when sat upon. It is once again not the firm bed I ordered. What the heck is Sealy up to? I just want the bed that they have displayed in the store, not a cheapened down version that they think I will accept. Be careful when ordering. I will try out the next bed in the store and watch it go on the truck. Eight months later and I still have no bed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Bed is a Serta Icomfort. Top of the line. They don't honor any warranty if they do not cut off tag is gone, even if you have all of the original paperwork. They don't need any of the info that is sewn in, such as their label. Why would you put a tag that, as they explained is "like a vin number for a car" onto a tag that can get torn off, but, something not necessary such as your brand tag sew it in as a permanent part so you can never get it off without destroying the mattress? .... Oh yes, to get out of paying a warranty claim!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Purchased mattress from Mathis brothers in June 2015. It comes with 10 year non prorated warranty. Call customer service and they sent someone to look at it. Has really bad divots in both sides. Not even able to sleep on. Sales rep said that was normal for this mattress to fail. That isn't right the mattress was over $2000.00. Won't honor warranty.

Serta Mattress Company Information