Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (325 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2020

Contacted sales manager who resolved the concerns properly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I have owned two iComfort mattresses. Both have broken down with dipping and uneven wear. Not only do the dips create back issues, but you have to roll up into the middle of the mattress over time because each side that is slept on eventually compresses on the ends. I purchased both of my mattresses from Art Van and whom provided a warranty replacement for the first mattress I purchased. Unfortunately, Art Van went out of business so I contacted Serta for help. Right from the start I was met with resistance rather than a helpful customer service experience. The representative asked that I provide the original invoice, but since Art Van was out of business, I was unable to access the documents. Even though I had a verifiable Serta mattress, they were not going to help at all or come up with a friendly workaround to help out (like the best companies do).

Thankfully, I eventually found my invoice which allowed me to move beyond the first step. The next step was to send them a $60 check (which was free with Art Van) to have a 3rd party company evaluate the mattress. Upon inspection, it was physically obvious when seeing the inspector use tools to access the issue. Anyone could see and verify the dips in the mattress using their process as well as a physical inspection. A week or so after inspection, I received a letter indicating the warranty does not cover the known issue. The current state of the mattress does not allow for a comfortable sleep and my wife has to sleep in our spare room because the dips impact her spine and creates pain.

Serta fails to realize the competition has now created a new model for online mattress purchasing backed by 100% "friendly" customer support and warranty. Within reason, the trend is to replace a mattress with known issues and find a solution for the customer within "reasonable" perimeters. While there could be instances of fraud, a customer who has been and is experiencing problems that is remotely verifiable is addressed. If there is a problem, they fix the issue and stand behind their products rather than sweep them under the rug. Serta takes the easy way out to find a reason to not warranty a known issue. Considering this is my second mattress and I remained loyal to the brand, I had hoped for loyalty in return. My second warranty mattress was not free. I was required to pay the difference of an additional $1000 to receive a comparable model.

It's a shame they are short sighted. They will continue to create detractors like myself who will write at least 100 reviews. These reviews will help people like myself searching for a reputable company who stands behind their products with integrity to ver towards another brand. I will deter thousands of dollars worth of sales by using my voice and honesty to help others. The competition sees the opportunity within an old, tired industry. Customers are left high and dry. Serta could have had a customer for life, but they choose to save a penny rather than earn a dollar. Thank you.

Andrew

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We purchase a top of the line $1899.00 Serta Mattress six years ago, in 2014. Over the last year both my husband and I quit sleeping in our master bedroom due to back pain and shoulder pain. We realized our mattress had literally sunk on the two sides where we sleep and the middle of the mattress was a good 3/4 to 1" higher than our sides. This shows as being certified under warranty. So I opened the warranty request, and attached the pictures requested. I was in the process of taken the 3 photos they requested me to retake when my final warranty review was posted. Warranty was invalid due to my Thomasville King Bed Frame and the box springs PROVIDED BY SERTA with the mattress. DO NOT BUY SERTA. They do NOT stand behind their products and lay blame on things that are built to support any other mattress in the industry. Out $1899.00 and a bad lower back to add to that. No more SERTA ever.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I ordered Serta mattress from Sam's club on August 1, 2020. It's now October 10th and I've yet to receive the product yet my card was charged. Sam's says call Serta, Serta says call Sam's. The delivery company doesn't even have a customer service line or a live person to talk to. Frustrated all around with lack of customer care.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Bought a Serta Perfect Sleeper July 2017. Today my wife and I are already having back aches and stiffness from sleeping on the mattress. Tried turning it twice now, no luck. The sag in the mattress is 1 1/8 inches. Warranty covers 1 1/2 inches. Only lasted 3 years. Disappointing, won't being buying a Serta next time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

In December I tried out and purchased a King Perfect Sleeper. When it came, it was not the bed that I ordered. I like a very firm bed with nice padding on top. The bed came with no padding and was like sleeping on a board. It was NOT the bed I ordered. It took several moment to get it removed and my money refunded. It took me several months to try again because the first experience was such a fiasco. I asked that the plastic be left on the second Perfect Sleeper. Good thing because once again I did not get the firm mattress I ordered. What came is a super soft mattress that sinks badly when sat upon. It is once again not the firm bed I ordered. What the heck is Sealy up to? I just want the bed that they have displayed in the store, not a cheapened down version that they think I will accept. Be careful when ordering. I will try out the next bed in the store and watch it go on the truck. Eight months later and I still have no bed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Bed is a Serta Icomfort. Top of the line. They don't honor any warranty if they do not cut off tag is gone, even if you have all of the original paperwork. They don't need any of the info that is sewn in, such as their label. Why would you put a tag that, as they explained is "like a vin number for a car" onto a tag that can get torn off, but, something not necessary such as your brand tag sew it in as a permanent part so you can never get it off without destroying the mattress? .... Oh yes, to get out of paying a warranty claim!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Purchased mattress from Mathis brothers in June 2015. It comes with 10 year non prorated warranty. Call customer service and they sent someone to look at it. Has really bad divots in both sides. Not even able to sleep on. Sales rep said that was normal for this mattress to fail. That isn't right the mattress was over $2000.00. Won't honor warranty.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I purchased in store and picked up. The mattress was great in the store but about a month after it was not as comfortable. The company didn’t allow me to return so I guess I’ll be shopping again and do more research before purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have no problem with the Serta Perfect Sleeper company. They have been helpful in every way. At the time I could not afford the kind I wanted and settled for the coil mattress. If you ever sit on the side of your bed then you will feel the wire along side of the mattress. It is very uncomfortable. I suggest getting something other than the coils.

Original review: July 28, 2020

Promises made and not fulfilled. Ordered, paid for, and not delivered. Back ordered with no projected delivery date. The salesman indicated the mattress was available at the warehouse but when it came time to deliver it wasn’t really available but one was due on the following Monday. But when Monday rolled around it wasn’t on the truck. When ask the salesman admitted that he didn’t really know when they would receive the mattress. BUT they had our money.

Original review: July 27, 2020

The Sleep Serta Hybrid sinks on the outside. It starts losing form. It is sad. But I must say everyone that lays on it even my girlfriend love it. Just today she said, "What type of mattress is this." It has this warp shape to it.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought my Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress close to 20 yrs. ago and it's still like new and extremely comfortable as it was when bought. The "Pillow Top" makes it so comfortable and it's not too firm but firm enough for good support and no aching backs. I have kept it in great shape by rotating it every couple of months and flipping it over. I love my Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow Top Mattress and if this one ever wears out I'd definitely get another Serta brand mattress. I believe it has a limited life time warranty but it's been so long I'm not sure, 20 yrs is a long enough time for me to know that it's a great mattress that's held its shape. I didn't finance it. I paid for it when I bought it and the cost was well worth every dollar I paid.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I have Serta pillow top mattresses and box springs on all of my beds. I've tried other mattresses (Sleep Number, foam, etc) and I have back pain when I wake up in the mornings, even with the "adjustable" mattresses. My sleeper sofa also has a Serta mattress. I didn't have financing options through Serta, but did through the retailer. Serta provides me with a good night's sleep every single night.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I have been looking for a better mattress and there are so many brands to look at and it's hard to find what I'm looking for. There are many different prices, some are higher, some are reasonable. When I finally found what I have been looking for, then I decided to buy it.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I finally purchased a new Serta Mattress set and paid for it through QVC on their flex-pay option which made it affordable for me, deep pocket mattress, feels secure and sturdy. I decided to leave the plastic on because of my grandkids.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The mattress was not a cheap one. iCloud Prodigy was supposed to one of the best. Well after 2 years the company discontinued the mattress due to the amount of consumer complaints. I have not been able to have my mattress replaced, they will not honor their warranty. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Mattress sags on one side in the middle and the mattress is only 2 years old. Called Serta. Was told to call Sears corporate. Sears says call serta. We did not spend 1000 on a mattress for it to break down so fast. Also irritated that I keep getting the run around on the warranty.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Serta mattresses are a good brand. We paid cash, so there was no need for financing. Warranty could be better to remain competitive with other brands. Was dissatisfied with delivery options since our location was not that far from the retail purchasing location. Customer service was adequately knowledgeable. Overall rating for Serta and its products was satisfactory.

Original review: May 15, 2020

The worst mattress I have ever bought. We returned the first one because it was so uncomfortable that I was not sleeping very well tossing and turning nonstop.

So we we exchanged it for another style and firmness level. I've had the mattress for 5 mos and thus one is worse than the first one, it dips, it has uneven spots, it's so uncomfortable to sleep on. Never will I ever purchase any Serta mattress again. Nothing but a waste of money and sleep!

Original review: May 14, 2020

Was looking to replace a soft side water mattress. Felt we were fairly choosy as we looked. Tried them all out for comfort, price and stability. It fit into all boxes! The sale that was running on the mattresses did not include delivery so we had to arrange pick up and all on our own. Considering the price, still a great deal. Still using it and still very comfortable.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Best mattress own to date. The conformity to the body is of extremely importance to your rest and a deep peaceful sleep. The concerns I had prior to making this purchase was regarding if the mattress would be firm enough as well as consistent through out time. I can honestly state, this mattress has remained as comfortable as the day I purchased. That was approximately six years prior.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We paid cash, but were given several options! The delivery of new and p/up of old same day! Sleeps fantastic... great lifetime warranty! Could use another one for guest room!! Very deep mattress and box combo. Lush pillow top makes a huge difference in our quality of sleep, and my back stopped hurting. Old mattress was a rock compares to this Serta. Queen size sheets fit perfectly.

Original review: May 11, 2020

First Serta that we bought was good at first but slowly developed an indentation where I sleep. My wife had no problem until we rotated the mattress and she had the rut on her side. We called and they sent a tech out to measure and he said they would replace it. We used the return value (equal to original purchase) and upgraded to the most expensive one in the store. 3 years later and no complaints.

Original review: May 10, 2020

This mattress is inflatable, with a supplied air pump. The valve soon leaked, so mattress wouldn't stay inflated. Then the pump failed. Warranty is sneaky, because they won't take the mattress back, if it has even a tiny spot or stain on it. They claim it's for sanitation reasons, but if I were buying a new mattress, they wouldn't hesitate to take the old one away, no matter how grungy!

Original review: May 8, 2020

I been having my mattress for over 7 years, still look brand new and it's so comfortable. Every time me and my Siblings have a gathering they all come in my room and laid on my bed. My bed is so relaxing.

Original review: May 8, 2020

My experience for my Gel foam topped queen mattress in a box is great. I loved the idea of buying a mattress in a box because I relocated and it gave me the option to take my mattress home the same day. It really is affordable and for the amount I paid it was well worth it. It is cooling at night I no longer wake up soaking from perspiring. I would definitely recommend this mattress for someone who needs a mattress same day and smaller living spaces.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have not been happy with my Serta Mattress. The springs have broken down and there are sagging places in places. Since the mattress cannot be flipped it continue to sag even though I turn it around every time I make up the bed.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I had the Serta given to me for a child’s bed and have been pleased. The bed was given to us used (4 Yr old) but is a high quality bed and built in boxspring which we plan on keeping another 5-10 yrs depending on youngsters abuse of it. Still in good shape.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have a pillow top mattress. Love it, but seems over time it loses its depth. Although I have tried and have re-fluffed it seems to have re-flattened. Lost its original fluffiness. But overall still love. But am saddened. It has a lot of time and energy to get to fluffy status.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have had the same mattress for over 10 years. It is way past time to get a new one but I have not been able to part with this oldie but goodie. I have a Beautyrest and it has been very good to me and for me. My daughter's used to come sneak in bed with me and now my grand kids do. They all loved how comfy my bed is. This is a excellent quality mattress that has lasted through many children jumping on it by day, having girls movie nights, and piled up fast asleep until morning. Thank you Serta for being so good to my family. ????

Serta Mattress Company Information