3.73/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Serta Mattress Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

After dealing with sciatica and shoulder pain, both which were aggravated by sleeping positions, I bought the ICOMFORT adjustable, vibrating bed. I LOVE IT! When I sleep on my right side, which is my normal position, my right shoulder would keep me awake, until I adjusted the bed to zero gravity, and that allowed me to stay on my back and sleep comfortably. A small pillow made to slip between my legs keeps my back aligned, which helps sciatic nerve pain.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free in the morning.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Mattress is great and very comfortable. I am really happy with my choice and I have been enjoying my sleep. But the sales staff where I got it were really inexperienced and delivered the wrong mattress. I would go to another store if I decide to get another one.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

It’s 12 years old and they no longer make this model. The new ones have the foam pillow top which just cannot compare. Anytime I allow a guest to sleep in my bed they wake up the next day saying it was the best night of sleep they’ve had.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought my mattress at a local store. Was able to place each of the 5 firmness mattresses on the base to determine the most comfortable for me. The bed is three years old and feels like new. Sleeps very well. Feels supportive and at the same time soft. Only complaint would be that it does feel a little warmer than traditional mattresses. But I would buy it again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

It's the worst mattress I have had. I bought what was supposed to be a firm mattress so as to provide comfort but regretted the purchase a few days after I purchased it as it seemed to have a sink hole wherein my back kept slumping in. Unfortunately, even though I had every intention of returning it immediately for my refund, I could not because I fell ill with bronchitis. I had contacted the store I got it from and was told to contact the manufacturer directly, but when I checked online after reading the terms of return, which included some technical restriction about how many inches of sagging the slump in the mattress had to be, before it could be returned, I knew I was stuck with the purchase.

Since I could not immediately afford a new mattress having lost all my belongings, I contemplated sleeping on the floor. I regretted the loss of my old mattress which was very comfortable, but I had been forced to give up due to exposure to mold from a previous uninhabitable apt. building I had been displaced from. Instead of looking forward to going to bed, I avoided going to bed knowing the discomfort one would suffer through all night, even with pillows as support including the pillow in between the legs to maintain proper posture during sleep.

I tried to give it a chance but it only seemed to get worse and caused back pain so severe I had to put a pillow or bed cushions in the slumphole that was causing me severe sleep discomfort and pain. Eventually, I went out and purchased another mattress set and put the Serta mattress in between like a sandwich, but that did not alleviate the problem. The only reason I still have it is for short-term guests. It's one bad and regrettable purchase, a total waste of my money, which I consider a big rip-off, especially with the unreasonable terms of return for a product that cost so much money and caused health issues with no value in return. I would NEVER buy a Serta product again and definitely will NOT recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Worst mattress ever. And I'm still making payments for this junk. It's a pillow top with cool and warm something. Sounded awesome but it's horrible. My back hurts every time. I've been sleeping on the couch. Now me and my husband fight for the couch.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Serta Mattress a couple years ago and noticed sagging. We contacted the vendor who sent us to the website to file the claim. To make a long story very short Serta denied the claim. Not standing by it's product is enough reason to avoid them, but to add insult to injury they wasted a great deal of my time. If you do buy a Serta Mattress realize that you may be on your own when problems come up. I would suggest making the purchase as if there was no warranty no matter what the sales person says.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

For anyone interested in purchasing a Serta mattress - I had a Serta bed which when moved between bedrooms got disfigured, we contacted the warranty customer service and several of their staff and got nowhere. When my partner tried to fix it and opened it one entire layer got disintegrated and the glue was dried up - we were sleeping on this for years! So despite recontacting with photos Serta, and having the receipt they didn’t believe that they should do anything. The memory foam became softer with time and it was 6 years old prior to this happening. I waited for over 2 months for any action.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

My back hurts so bad from laying on this horrible piece of garbage. The sagging is over an inch in either side resulting in a massive palpable lump in the middle of the bed. They won't replace it because it needs to sag another half inch for that to happen. Asked for the firmest mattress in the store and got this uncomfortable POS that I'm lying awake in as I write this. 25 year warranty? I'd burn it, but it's filled with flame retardant.

Serta Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Serta has been making quality mattresses for over 80 years and has been recognized and awarded for its products. It is committed to being environmentally responsible in manufacturing and production. Serta and Simmons are now the same company.

• Variety: The Serta perfect sleeper is the lower cost line which is great for light use or occasional use. The better model is the iComfort Series (introduction of foam and gel).

• Retail stores: Serta has a number of retail stores around the country where consumers can test out the mattresses before deciding which one to purchase.

• Support: It has excellent customer support, both when purchasing mattresses online and in retail stores.

• Financing: Customers can finance their purchases and can get 0 percent APR for up to 60 months in certain cases.

• Best for: Serta mattresses are best for eco-friendly, parents and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Serta Mattress Company Information