Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

BOTTOM LINE

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

PROS

• Financing plans
    • Free standard shipping
    • Long warranties

CONS

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
    • Less durability

Top Serta Mattress Reviews

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mattress was the way to go. So far, no complaints and I sleep comfortably.

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free.

What is Serta?

Serta offers several mattress types, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid, and sizes from twin to California king. Serta also sells pillows, sheets, crib mattresses and pet beds. All mattresses bought on Serta.com come with a 120-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty.

Serta mattresses have gel memory foam that keeps you cool while you sleep and helps relieve aches and pains. Most models are available in plush, medium, firm and extra-firm to provide the level of support that’s best for your sleep position. Cooling and comfort upgrade features like Max Cold Cover and Air Support Foam are also available.

Serta mattress prices

Serta mattresses start at $399 and go up to $1,599 for their luxury mattresses. The size and model of the mattress influence the cost.

Serta modelTwinFullQueenKing
        Mattress in a Box$399$549$599$799
        Perfect Sleeper$399 - $999$479 - $1,079$499 - $1,099$699 - $1,499
        iComfort$759$1,049$1,199$1,599

Financing is available with three-, six- and 12-month terms. Standard shipping is free when you order from Serta.com but does not include installation or removing your old mattress. Serta also offers white-glove delivery for $150, which includes installation and old mattress removal.

Serta mattress models

Serta mattress models include the Perfect Sleeper, iComfort, iSeries and Mattress in a Box.

• Serta Perfect Sleeper: The Perfect Sleeper provides pressure point relief, a supportive coil system that reduces motion transfer and cooling gel foam that eliminates excess heat. Perfect Sleeper mattresses are available in innerspring, memory foam and hybrid models. They also come in firm, Euro-top and plush support.
        • Serta iComfort: The design of the Serta iComfort keeps you cool while sleeping. The iComfort mattress comes with multilayered mattress-cooling foam technology that is highly supportive and breathable. It dispels heat and regulates body temperature for a cool, comfortable nights' rest. The iComfort comes in several models: plush, medium, firm and extra-firm. Some models come with a Max Cold Cover that is cool to the touch and Air Support Foam that provides relief from aches and pains.
        • Serta Mattress in a Box: Serta Mattress in a Box comes conveniently packaged in a box you pick up at your local Serta retailer. You can also order online for delivery to your door. The mattress is ready to use in minutes and comes in two models: Perfect Sleeper Express and Serta Premium. Both models offer sizes from twin to king, and the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch also comes in twin XL and California king. Serta Mattress in a Box has gel-infused memory foam and a breathable knit cover.
        • Serta iSeries: Serta iSeries mattresses combine memory foam technology and an advanced coil system to provide comfort and support. The Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam maintains the right amount of pressure on your body and reduces body heat buildup, while the 886 Pro-Support Coil System adapts to your movements throughout the night. iSeries mattresses also have a HyperFeel Surface cover fabric that is cooling, comforting and supportive. Serta iSeries is only available at retailers, and prices vary.

Serta beds FAQ

How much are Serta mattresses?
        Serta mattresses cost between $399 and $1,599 or more, depending on the model and size you choose. Upgrades to cooling and comfort features on Serta iComfort models cost extra.
        Who sells Serta mattresses?
        You can buy a Serta mattress from Serta.com as well as authorized Serta retailers such as JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Big Lots, Macy’s and Sears. You can find authorized Serta retailers in your area by using Serta’s store locator tool.
        Where are Serta mattresses made?
        Serta mattresses are made in the U.S. at Serta’s 28 manufacturing plants across the country. Serta is the largest bedding manufacturer in North America and provides jobs to more than 5,000 workers in the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
        Do Serta mattresses come with a warranty?
        Yes, all Serta mattresses come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials for up to 20 years. There are a few exclusions on covers and handles on most mattresses.

Is Serta a good mattress?

Serta offers a variety of models with varying options, features and sizes to meet the needs of just about any sleeper. Customers appreciate that Serta provides a 120-night sleep trial warranty on all mattresses purchased online, plus financing options and free standard delivery.

Serta Mattress Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2020

I purchased a queen set from the Brick in Winnipeg and in just a few weeks the sides caved in. The Brick said because I never purchased a bed frame from them that the warranty was void. Our bed frame is Hotel rated with steel slats so it was a load of crap and just a way to not honor their product. I'll never buy another Serta product or deal with the Brick again and I urge you to do the same. Companies who don't stand behind their products should not be allowed to sell to hard-working people in Canada. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM BRICK OR SERTA.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We purchased a brand new 2020 Coachmen Destination Camper. I’m the only one sleeping on the mattress. This mattress has sagged so bad I cannot sleep on it anymore. We have only had it 3 months!! I’m 140 pounds I have turned so I wouldn’t have to hurt my back any worse than it already does and now that side is sagging just as bad! I would love to send you pictures. I would not suggest SERTA to my worst enemy.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We purchased a mattress 2 years ago and it is sagging on one side. We are not large people.... The inspector who doesn’t work for them admitted that it was bad. In fact they no longer make this mattress. Luckily the vendors are rectifying the situation. However, our story is not unique.. Person after person Facebook complain of the same thing and they deleted my comments and blocked, me from commenting.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We ordered this from Sam's Club in Moore, OK as they didn't have it in stock. Ordered August 8, 2019. It is already sagging (my husband weighs 160, I weigh 145). There is a hump in the center of the mattress. Registered warranty info with Serta, they said I had to contact Sam's. Why should I contact Sam's? The mattress was made by Serta and warranty was registered with Serta. This will be the last Serta mattress we will purchase.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We purchased our Serta iComfort Temptouch from Mattress Firm back in 9/17. We put in a warranty claim 1/20 for sleeping in indentations with a hill in the middle. It is uncomfortable. It is awful. We were denied because the pics of the measurements meet the mfg's standards. OH COME ON! We are paying on this mattress for the next few years and it is a piece of **. I feel we have been screwed out of our money and left paying on a bed we despise and is greatly uncomfortable. Serta needs to get a reality check and realize that when people spend their hard earned money on something they expect a little consideration, especially when they are left with aching backs and necks every morning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Bought an Icomfort Collection King Size bed. Purchased 03/2012. It has sunk almost a 1/2". When you lay on it, it sinks and huge hump in middle. Called Serta and they said it has to be 1 1/2 depth. On website it says 3/4". Trying to deal with Serta is a nightmare. Stay away from SERTA.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

It was my first time that I bought the Serta mattress from online. But mattress quality was very bad. After using a week later, my mattress got a big hole. **. Never buy it, please. If you buy it, you would feel regret. There is no way to complain about it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

We have had nothing but trouble with Serta mattresses over the past five years. Every one has collapsed, and we're both under 200 pounds, so they should not be collapsing under us. When you finally decide it's bad enough you can't stand it, be prepared to shell out a couple hundred bucks for an inspection and shipment on the replacement. Once your replacement arrives, it will immediately begin collapsing as well. However, after the month of hassle, you'll decide to put up with it for another year or two before it's so bad, neither of you can get a decent night's sleep anymore. Then, if you had two pillow top mattresses like us, you'll agree to take a cheaper mattress in hopes that one without a pillow top won't collapse. You'll be wrong.

Our current warranty replacement isn't even two months old. However, since we went without a pillow top, the depressions in the bed are far worse on our backs. My wife wakes up in terrible pain and can barely lift our three toddlers. We told Serta we just want our money back because we bought believe they can make a decent mattress. Today they told us there's no manufacturing defect, and our bed did displaying normal body impressions under 1.5 inches. The corners are raised significantly. Even going across the lower middle. I easily measured over 1.5 inches. They're flat out lying because they don't want to give us our money back, but we're not going to pay a could hundred bucks for another mattress that will collapse right away on us again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My son purchased this matress 8 months ago and 3 months ago we were moving his furniture around. We turned mattress up against wall and I could see something through bottom of cover. Unzipped it and there's a 2ft x 2ft area of mold. There has never been any liquids spilt and there are no watermark's on base or bottom fabric. The mattress came in a plastic wrap and I'm assuming in trapped moisture in when packaged. Serta says they don't cover mold because it's an environmental issue. This mattress obviously came this way and their warranty states it cover problems coming from factory but they are sticking to it be owners fault and won't even send someone out to inspect. Probably because they know it will prove it came from within the foam after packaging. So my son paid 800 for a matress he now has to throw away! I would never buy Serta!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

It's the worst mattress I have had. I bought what was supposed to be a firm mattress so as to provide comfort but regretted the purchase a few days after I purchased it as it seemed to have a sink hole wherein my back kept slumping in. Unfortunately, even though I had every intention of returning it immediately for my refund, I could not because I fell ill with bronchitis. I had contacted the store I got it from and was told to contact the manufacturer directly, but when I checked online after reading the terms of return, which included some technical restriction about how many inches of sagging the slump in the mattress had to be, before it could be returned, I knew I was stuck with the purchase.

Since I could not immediately afford a new mattress having lost all my belongings, I contemplated sleeping on the floor. I regretted the loss of my old mattress which was very comfortable, but I had been forced to give up due to exposure to mold from a previous uninhabitable apt. building I had been displaced from. Instead of looking forward to going to bed, I avoided going to bed knowing the discomfort one would suffer through all night, even with pillows as support including the pillow in between the legs to maintain proper posture during sleep.

I tried to give it a chance but it only seemed to get worse and caused back pain so severe I had to put a pillow or bed cushions in the slumphole that was causing me severe sleep discomfort and pain. Eventually, I went out and purchased another mattress set and put the Serta mattress in between like a sandwich, but that did not alleviate the problem. The only reason I still have it is for short-term guests. It's one bad and regrettable purchase, a total waste of my money, which I consider a big rip-off, especially with the unreasonable terms of return for a product that cost so much money and caused health issues with no value in return. I would NEVER buy a Serta product again and definitely will NOT recommend it.

Serta Mattress Company Information