2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

BOTTOM LINE

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

PROS

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

CONS

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Top Serta Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mattress was the way to go. So far, no complaints and I sleep comfortably.

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free.

Serta Mattress Shop Now

What is Serta?

Serta offers several mattress types, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid, and sizes from twin to California king. Serta also sells pillows, sheets, crib mattresses and pet beds. All mattresses bought on Serta.com come with a 120-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty.

Serta mattresses have gel memory foam that keeps you cool while you sleep and helps relieve aches and pains. Most models are available in plush, medium, firm and extra-firm to provide the level of support that’s best for your sleep position. Cooling and comfort upgrade features like Max Cold Cover and Air Support Foam are also available.

Serta mattress prices

Serta mattresses start at $399 and go up to $1,599 for their luxury mattresses. The size and model of the mattress influence the cost.

Serta modelTwinFullQueenKing
Mattress in a Box$399$549$599$799
Perfect Sleeper$399 - $999$479 - $1,079$499 - $1,099$699 - $1,499
iComfort$759$1,049$1,199$1,599

Financing is available with three-, six- and 12-month terms. Standard shipping is free when you order from Serta.com but does not include installation or removing your old mattress. Serta also offers white-glove delivery for $150, which includes installation and old mattress removal.

Serta mattress models

Serta mattress models include the Perfect Sleeper, iComfort, iSeries and Mattress in a Box.

• Serta Perfect Sleeper: The Perfect Sleeper provides pressure point relief, a supportive coil system that reduces motion transfer and cooling gel foam that eliminates excess heat. Perfect Sleeper mattresses are available in innerspring, memory foam and hybrid models. They also come in firm, Euro-top and plush support.
  • Serta iComfort: The design of the Serta iComfort keeps you cool while sleeping. The iComfort mattress comes with multilayered mattress-cooling foam technology that is highly supportive and breathable. It dispels heat and regulates body temperature for a cool, comfortable nights' rest. The iComfort comes in several models: plush, medium, firm and extra-firm. Some models come with a Max Cold Cover that is cool to the touch and Air Support Foam that provides relief from aches and pains.
  • Serta Mattress in a Box: Serta Mattress in a Box comes conveniently packaged in a box you pick up at your local Serta retailer. You can also order online for delivery to your door. The mattress is ready to use in minutes and comes in two models: Perfect Sleeper Express and Serta Premium. Both models offer sizes from twin to king, and the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch also comes in twin XL and California king. Serta Mattress in a Box has gel-infused memory foam and a breathable knit cover.
  • Serta iSeries: Serta iSeries mattresses combine memory foam technology and an advanced coil system to provide comfort and support. The Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam maintains the right amount of pressure on your body and reduces body heat buildup, while the 886 Pro-Support Coil System adapts to your movements throughout the night. iSeries mattresses also have a HyperFeel Surface cover fabric that is cooling, comforting and supportive. Serta iSeries is only available at retailers, and prices vary.

Serta beds FAQ

How much are Serta mattresses?
Serta mattresses cost between $399 and $1,599 or more, depending on the model and size you choose. Upgrades to cooling and comfort features on Serta iComfort models cost extra.
Who sells Serta mattresses?
You can buy a Serta mattress from Serta.com as well as authorized Serta retailers such as JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Big Lots, Macy’s and Sears. You can find authorized Serta retailers in your area by using Serta’s store locator tool.
Where are Serta mattresses made?
Serta mattresses are made in the U.S. at Serta’s 28 manufacturing plants across the country. Serta is the largest bedding manufacturer in North America and provides jobs to more than 5,000 workers in the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
Do Serta mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, all Serta mattresses come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials for up to 20 years. There are a few exclusions on covers and handles on most mattresses.

Is Serta a good mattress?

Serta offers a variety of models with varying options, features and sizes to meet the needs of just about any sleeper. Customers appreciate that Serta provides a 120-night sleep trial warranty on all mattresses purchased online, plus financing options and free standard delivery.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought my Serta Perfect Sleeper mattress close to 20 yrs. ago and it's still like new and extremely comfortable as it was when bought. The "Pillow Top" makes it so comfortable and it's not too firm but firm enough for good support and no aching backs. I have kept it in great shape by rotating it every couple of months and flipping it over. I love my Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow Top Mattress and if this one ever wears out I'd definitely get another Serta brand mattress. I believe it has a limited life time warranty but it's been so long I'm not sure, 20 yrs is a long enough time for me to know that it's a great mattress that's held its shape. I didn't finance it. I paid for it when I bought it and the cost was well worth every dollar I paid.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I have had the same mattress for over 10 years. It is way past time to get a new one but I have not been able to part with this oldie but goodie. I have a Beautyrest and it has been very good to me and for me. My daughter's used to come sneak in bed with me and now my grand kids do. They all loved how comfy my bed is. This is a excellent quality mattress that has lasted through many children jumping on it by day, having girls movie nights, and piled up fast asleep until morning. Thank you Serta for being so good to my family. ????

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress I own replaced one of a different manufacturer that was less than five years old. The previous one was a Sealy product. I attempted to contact Sealy multiple time via phone calls and emails for warranty and I never received a response. After purchasing my new mattress I have had it over five years and it is still like new. What I enjoy about it is the fact that it is a pillow top double sided so I have the ability to flip it and rotate it. I think that is a feature that needs to return on all mattresses.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I have a lifetime warranty on my mattress Sealy posturepedic from Dillard's, it came with the worry no more certificate and warranty so therefore if you use the worry no more mattress cover it is guaranteed for life against stains of any sort, tears of any sort, mattress having any sort of spring trouble, any problems. Whatever the issue is it's covered 100% for life and it is the most awesome mattress you can lay on. Best night sleep I've ever had. I have back trouble so it works awesome for me. It's a California king with a very hard mattress well as hard as I could get and it's really not hard but it sure helps.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I don't have a lot of money to spend being on Disability, so I was surprised to find that Serta has quite a few mattress selections that not only are comfortable with good back support, but they're also very affordable. I paid cash, so I can't rate their financing. The Delivery only took a few days, and they came at the time they said they would. I no longer have that mattress (too long and personal to get into). I would LOVE to WIN a new mattress for Me and My Partner. I have Chronic Back and Neck Pain and the mattress we have now is not working for Us. I would Love to wake up each morning without the pain and stiffness I experience now. Thank You, Robin **

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

Bought a Serta Perfect Sleeper July 2017. Today my wife and I are already having back aches and stiffness from sleeping on the mattress. Tried turning it twice now, no luck. The sag in the mattress is 1 1/8 inches. Warranty covers 1 1/2 inches. Only lasted 3 years. Disappointing, won't being buying a Serta next time.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

In December I tried out and purchased a King Perfect Sleeper. When it came, it was not the bed that I ordered. I like a very firm bed with nice padding on top. The bed came with no padding and was like sleeping on a board. It was NOT the bed I ordered. It took several moment to get it removed and my money refunded. It took me several months to try again because the first experience was such a fiasco. I asked that the plastic be left on the second Perfect Sleeper. Good thing because once again I did not get the firm mattress I ordered. What came is a super soft mattress that sinks badly when sat upon. It is once again not the firm bed I ordered. What the heck is Sealy up to? I just want the bed that they have displayed in the store, not a cheapened down version that they think I will accept. Be careful when ordering. I will try out the next bed in the store and watch it go on the truck. Eight months later and I still have no bed.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Bed is a Serta Icomfort. Top of the line. They don't honor any warranty if they do not cut off tag is gone, even if you have all of the original paperwork. They don't need any of the info that is sewn in, such as their label. Why would you put a tag that, as they explained is "like a vin number for a car" onto a tag that can get torn off, but, something not necessary such as your brand tag sew it in as a permanent part so you can never get it off without destroying the mattress? .... Oh yes, to get out of paying a warranty claim!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Purchased mattress from Mathis brothers in June 2015. It comes with 10 year non prorated warranty. Call customer service and they sent someone to look at it. Has really bad divots in both sides. Not even able to sleep on. Sales rep said that was normal for this mattress to fail. That isn't right the mattress was over $2000.00. Won't honor warranty.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I purchased in store and picked up. The mattress was great in the store but about a month after it was not as comfortable. The company didn’t allow me to return so I guess I’ll be shopping again and do more research before purchasing.

Serta Mattress Company Information