Serta Mattress

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a Perfect Sleeper mattress and box spring from The Firm three months ago. It cost about a thousand dollars, after taxes. I weigh 175 pounds. I tried this bed a few times in a few different stores. When it delivered, I thought they had sent the wrong one. In the store the mattress was made with memory foam. Pretty firm. Felt supported. This one was made of foam. Foam foam. I checked the tags. Seemed to be the same. Didn't know what to think. Felt like I was going crazy.

The mattress is very light and continually shifts off the box springs. At least a couple of times a night I get up to push it back on to the box spring. When I lie on my back, my back hurts. When I lie on my side, my hips hurt. Thus I toss and turn all night (all the while shifting the mattress off the box spring). I did not have back or hip pain prior to getting this bed.

The orthopedic dog bed is beautiful & fits my dog great but all the fabric sheds everywhere. It seems it's not attached or glued. You can rub your hand over it and it pulls up & leaves a bare spot. This is only on the inside where the dog sleeps. The outside is ok. It is made of corduroy. Each time the dog gets out of the bed & walks on my carpet the stuff falls off of him & I have to vacuum. For over $50.00 this should not happen. Who says Serta is the best???

Great mattress for the first 6 months, then support degrade after that. I suffer from back pain so the i-Comfort Hybrid series in firm (Fundamental model) seemed like an ideal replacement for my 10-year-old inner spring Sealy mattress. Eventually you'll sink into a hole as the memory foam upper doesn't hold up. My wife and I now have a 'hill' down the middle of the mattress that limits your sleeping space to your own body cavity hole. I had 2 different inspectors come out from Serta and they both used their measuring tools to come to the conclusion that the bed is not defective and is within the warranty allowances. Yet I continue to sleep in my confined hole and am now considering taking this POS to the dump and eating a good amount of money.

The inspection process was such a waste of time. I spent $1,650 on this set and it's barely a year old. Don't fall for the 100-day satisfaction sleep guarantee because 100 days is not nearly enough time to give a true assessment. I'll never buy another Serta Mattress since they obviously don't care to stand behind their claims that i-Comfort Series is "revolutionary" and is worth the good money I paid for it. Don't fall for the Consumer Reports review that gave it a shining review. This experience has shown me that CR is no longer a good source for researching products before I purchase.

NEW SERTA MATTRESS purchased on 12/31/2016. Mattress defective upon delivery (but delivery guys rushed out). I contacted MATTRESS WAREHOUSE, and Serta was contacted. They agreed to send a SECOND MATTRESS out. This SECOND mattress had same defect (valley / sinking in middle from head to foot). MATTRESS WAREHOUSE contacted again, and salesman told me for the 4 time that I can get a full refund. They changed their mind (if this was even the truth), and offered a THIRD MATTRESS. I declined, and the salesman told me a full refund would be ok. District Manager said no to the refund (he didn't have authorization... WHAT???).

Customer service for Mattress Warehouse was so rude and wouldn't help. SERTA REP DIDN'T RETURN CALLS. I have filed a complaint with my credit card, the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, and the STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR CONSUMER PROTECTION. Do NOT purchase from MATTRESS WAREHOUSE in LAUREL, MD. The only care about their $$$... not customers. SERTA products are not good, and they do not stand behind their "brand". BUYER BEWARE.

We owned the Serta Prodigy II iComfort mattress less than a year when it started developing holes that we were sleeping in. We were both waking up with back pain and I developed a hip problem which has now turned into some very bad sciatica. I can no longer sleep on it. We paid about $2100.00 for it at Godby Furniture. When we complained to them they had someone come out and look at it. It was determined to be defective and luckily we are getting a replacement. I'm so disappointed in this and now I'm afraid by getting a replacement it will do the same thing and then nothing will be done about it. We have had an iComfort before this one for about three years but never had an issue with it. Our son now has it and it's fine. I feel it's just this Prodigy model. Please Serta take note!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

I purchased my first Serta Savant lll mattress on 1/15/17. The odor from the off gassing was so toxic that when I entered my master bedroom I instantly felt nauseous & had serious headaches. My wife experienced the same problem. I searched every article available on Memory Foam mattresses and was told the strong toxic odor would dissipate in a couple of days. I took all of the bedding off, opened all windows and let it air out for 3 days. The smell only got worse.

I went back to Sit 'n Sleep and was shipped a new bed immediately. Good customer service. The exact thing happened on the replacement bed. Finally after another week I went down to Sit 'n Sleep and was given a full refund. Good service. After searching through the internet I found exactly what I was looking for, Saatva. I normally would not buy a mattress online but I was desperate. I received my Saatva on time, no odor, half the price and the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in.

After months of research and in-store exploration, we settled on the Serta icomfort F500. Price was $3699 before the foundation. We had an all latex mattress for 14 years and it was wonderful. But over time, it started to break down and needed to be replaced. You can't go to a brick and mortar store and find an all latex mattress so we ordered one online like last time. Only this one was not made with the same quality and it was too jiggly so we returned it at much expense and hassle. After that experience we REALLY do not want to have to return another mattress but the Serta icomfort F500 has to go. We have had it for about 6 weeks.

The first two weeks we really liked it and were relieved. But after that my arms and hands started to tingle and go to sleep after several minutes. I'm a side sleeper and I can feel the trigger points in my shoulders and hips. We specifically got the softest version (which was also the most expensive) because I had experienced numb arms in the past when sleeping on a hard mattress. We thought the soft version would keep our arms/hands from going to sleep but we were wrong. It's like you sink into the bed when sleeping on your side and instead of your shoulders sinking in as well they are somewhat at a different angle that puts pressure on your arms. I agree with the other reviewers that it's like you are in a hole and it can be almost impossible to roll over, especially toward the middle.

The other night I was home alone and specifically attempted to sleep in the very middle of the bed and it was like I was on a hump after only having it for about 6 weeks. If we lie on our backs, the bed is fairly comfortable but for side sleeping it is not good at all. Even if we try to lie on our backs all night it seems like we wake up with lower back pain. I just wouldn't recommend this mattress because there has got to be a better way to sleep than being awakened all night due to numb arms. I don't have the answer. I wish I did because I would gladly return this and buy something else. Any suggestions are welcome!

Wish I would have seen these reviews before I purchased a $2,100 Serta iComfort memory foam mattress. What a POS. I cannot believe they sell this junk. Sleeping in a "hole" cannot roll out. Sometimes I feel trapped. Please do not purchase this product!

Purchased from QVC, the Idolize model. See receipt, purchased in June 2016. It has been six months and the Idolize mattress has my body impression on both sides now from turning the mattress. I have hip and back pain from sleeping on this mattress. I am afraid that contacting Serta will result in no assistance, as I have read other comments and complaints. DO NOT BUY SERTA. This bed is cheaply made. I can lift the mattress and turn it myself, it's so lightweight and cheap. I am extremely disappointed. Cannot leave a review on QVC as the bed is no longer offered. I will however contact customer service at QVC as well.

My husband and I purchased the Boutique Suites 9" mattress and foundation in April, 2015. Initially, the mattress was comfortable. However, it was soon apparent that it was causing significant back issues to the point of being disabling. I contacted Serta but they had nothing to offer since the grace period had just ended. (For $1900 one would expect better customer service!) There are dips in the mattress where my husband and I sleep. The mattress is okay for one person, but it is terrible for two because we roll into the center. I try to sleep right on the outside edge of the mattress. It is so uncomfortable that I sometimes sleep on the couch instead. Honestly, the floor would be more comfortable than this mattress! I will never purchase another Serta mattress again!

We were so excited about our iComfort mattress when we first purchased it. It was so comfortable for the first few months and then, I began to notice I was waking up in the morning with severe low back pain. I didn't realize at the time how the mattress had actually broken down, and the indentation in the bed where I had been lying. I finally realized that as I was lying in bed, I was lying in a hole. I weigh all of 105 pounds. This mattress has continued to break down and deteriorate. The day I went back in to the mattress store to ask if there had been any complaints with this mattress was actually the 2 year anniversary of our purchase. I was informed that the mattress I had purchased had major problems that had been reported.

I have endured severe pain, pain management including epidural injections over the past months, and then I realized it was the mattress that we had purchased to help promote our good health, and a great night's sleep. Also, the pain has been so bad first thing in the morning, when I first wake up. Instead of feeling refreshed, I feel severe pain in my low back. I have photographs on and off of this mattress to prove the deterioration of this mattress.

It's the best mattress when you are looking comfort and substantial support. I enjoyed the mattress and the people who work the company. Great laughs and fun and was helpful with the mattress that best suits my bunny and I.

The mattress is very comfortable and I wake up feeling refreshed. I would recommend this mattress to anyone. No backache or leg pain. I chose the firm mattress because of my back problems and believe me it helps. Are you needing a mattress that makes you feel refreshed and not waking up grumpy? Then go for it! You'll be glad you did.

I've tried several brands over the years but Sealy has been truly consistent when it comes to a quality mattress. Always good support (I've got two crushed vertebrae in my back + a crooked spine). Love this brand. Quality made, doesn't fray or unravel. Will straighten out your back which will help with chiropractor bills. Recently strained my back lifting a heavy suitcase. I was a guest in a friend's house she had the worst mattress (she bought a $100 foam topper for it). The topper was OK for 2.5 months then it died - total waste of $$$. I then rented a hotel room with a very good mattress (Sealy of course). I was in agony & it took 12 days of sleeping on their mattress to finally feel better. HINT: Shoes can also cause back problems so pay attention to the soles & heels. Buy new shoes if necessary.

Miserable nights sleeping on this new mattress. I wake up with so much pain and feeling exhausted instead of rested. When using the adjustable head raising the mattress bunches up badly. After paying an inspector 50.00 after only 6 months usage he naturally reported nothing would be done as he didn't find anything wrong. He was in bedroom a total of 7 minutes. This is going to be costly for me as I am an 84 year old widow on a very fixed income. And no one at the mattress store cares about my problem.

Does Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress need a Class Action Lawsuit? I've seen other posts on this website suggesting it does. My husband & I agree it needs to be taken off the market NOW, please. My husband suggested I should "look up" on the Internet to see if others with the adjustable bed & Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress had back and/or body pains.

Amazingly, I discovered others also think this crazy mattress by Serta needs a Class Action Lawsuit. Several years ago, my doctor suggested I buy an adjustable bed to help with acid reflux. ** solved that issue. We've had this crazy mattress for several years & it never occurred until recently that it was the mattress causing my husband & my aches & pains!! We both work full-time & are mid 50's.

But now I wake up with back pain daily and we're 100% sure it's the crazy mattress. My husband works out of town most of the time & no matter what motel he stays in, he stated his back & entire body only hurts when he sleeps at home on this crazy mattress!!! Even my dog now has issues with walking after sleeping on the mattress & it appears her legs are asleep -- I have to help her get off of it (& she's a 70+ lb pit bull dog, so it's not an easy chore)!!! My arms & legs go to sleep -- my neck hurts --- my back hurts --- I get leg cramps. Both of my shoulders popped & cracked so bad last night & I couldn't get to sleep for hours due to the back pain is the reason I'm writing this.

I fear if I don't get a new mattress soon, I'll end up in a wheelchair!!! No joke. My husband said his legs only go numb when he sleeps at home!!! I'm may go to a doctor to see if any of my bones have actually been affected by this crazy mattress, I really don't know. But I do know one thing for sure -- don't buy this crazy mattress unless you love to suffer from aches & pains daily. I DID NOT have any back pains before we bought this crazy mattress!!! I don't take pain meds, but this sorry mattress makes me feel as if I need some. Help, please -- get Serta to quit selling the iComfort Memory Foam mattress -- we could have bought a nice used car for what we paid for this torture device!!!

I guess I'll be getting a new mattress for Christmas before I become an invalid! No fault of the business who sold me this crazy mattress -- the fault 100% belongs to Serta. We first thought about buying a Sealy Posturpedic or a Sleep Numbers mattress, but wound up buying this one instead -- bad mistake!!! The number of complaints I've found on this website are clearly evidence there are issues with the Serta iComfort Memory Foam itself. So many people couldn't be posting the same issues if it weren't true!! Please post if your arms and/or legs go numb. Sometimes I sleep on the couch because I can't stand that mattress anymore -- and amazingly, my symptoms go away -- same if I sleep on any other mattress.

I'd love to go "Black Friday" shopping today with relatives, but two hours after waking up, my arms are still tingling & my legs are still numb!!! Maybe another hour of sitting up instead of lying down on that crazy mattress will allow my issues to end. This would be a funny story if it wasn't true!!! But sorry to say, it's 100% true!!! If you want to buy a new mattress, run like heck from this one or you'll regret it!!! Buy any other mattress in the world -- but not a Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress.

Purchased this mattress and foundation 3 years ago for $545. The side I sleep on is completely smashed in and the springs make popping noises when I lay down. The mattress is so bad I can no longer sleep on it. Btw I weigh 210. So I contacted the American Mattress dealer and they want a $60 inspection fee to come out and look at it. Contacted Serta and they said too bad that's the way it is. What a scam. I will NEVER ever buy another Serta product as long as I live.

I bought a Serta Springview full size mattress from Sears one month ago. Just one month the middle of the mattress sinks for 1inch. I called for warranty however, guess what, they said the 1-inch sagging is normal and only sagging more than 1 and 1/2'' is eligible for free exchange. I just bought it for one month! Plus I slept alone and I am just 45kg. Since the third night it started to sink and after one month, it sinks for 1 inch and now they told me it's normal! My back got seriously hurt because of the sagging and I had to go to the clinic for physical therapy.

The doctor said muscles on my back got stretched and I have to go to the clinic twice more. When I called the mattress warranty department, the staff told me she can do nothing about it and I have to pay for restocking fee if I want to get a new one. Can't imagine they are going to recycle this crappy mattress. This is scam! I was also told that maybe I can sleep on this mattress for more nights and wait it sink over 1 and 1/2''. This is really hilarious. They don't care whether your back hurts or not at all. STAY AWAY FROM SERTA!

BUYER BEWARE!! Purchased an iComfort approximately 1.5 years ago. The top foam started to split and the length became larger than size of a human hand. Paid $25 under the warranty provisions to have an adjuster come and look at it. It took 8 weeks for Serta to response - only after I contacted their warranty claims department on my own accord. They responded 2 weeks later and said splits were not covered under warranty. I would never buy another Serta product again. Very disappointed.

My 240 lb hubby and myself (140 lbs) bought this mattress to replace another crappy mattress. The Sams memory foam mattress. We bought this POS at a small store that has since gone out of business. The first weeks or so, I thought maybe it was just me. I was exhausted, in pain, and miserable. We went on a vacation and stayed in a friend's small home with a $200, squeaky, old, feel the springs a bit mattress and I woke feeling better than I had in weeks. I attributed it to being out of town.

Returning home, the extreme pain returned. This was no ordinary pain. I was homeschooling my son and he would lovingly laugh at my morning struggle down the stairs from the pain in my hips and back. I am 38, so I thought that maybe it was just a sign of getting older. Soon after, hockey season started. We stayed in many cheap hotels and realized that if you sleep better in a $50 a night hotel than on your brand new mattress, something is wrong. My next test was changing where I sleep at home. The couch. After a few nights on the couch, I don't feel like death everyday. I am much better off. My hips don't lie! They don't hurt. My shoulders are back to normal, my jaws are suffering.

Basically, this bed is a torture device. It is made to cause you prolonged, agonizing suffering on a daily basis. I can't imagine, with these reviews, how it is still being sold and why I don't have a refund in the mail. It has stolen an entire year of my life. I have been in and out of doctors. Unable to do a lot of my domestic duties, and never felt like leaving my house from pain and exhaustion all because of this bed. It caused my fibromyalgia to stay flamed up and caused issues in my body that only a 200-year-old person should feel. I am angry that a company could allow such a garbage product to be sold and at such a high price. We had scrimp and save to get a new mattress. I will be off the couch and back on bed tonight!! Please do not buy this mattress!! I won't even give it away because it is so bad. You are better off sleeping on the floor!!

I purchased a Serta Mattress & box set on Dec 4, 2015 from Sleepy's. Now, only 10 months later, there is sagging in the mattress making it uncomfortable to sleep on. Considering the length of time elapsed, as well as my fiancé having major back issues, this is outright unacceptable. I contacted the warranty department today, and was told they "no longer offer an inspector". So they will send me a "kit" in which I will have to perform the task of gathering the inspection information they want, such as sending photos etc. I was also told if there is not at least a 2" "visible" indent then they will deny my claim.

I find this outrageous! First, I am a customer, not an employee of an inspection department for any corporation, so why is the burden being placed on me? Second, whether or not the indent is visible is irrelevant! If there wasn't an issue, I wouldn't have contacted them! I'm not sure what kind of Mickey Mouse operation they are running, but I will play their inspection game, and if there are any issues whatsoever in correcting this flaw, I will be taking further steps.

I bought a Serta iSeries mattress medium firm a year ago and I wake up every morning with a back ache... when I try to get a hold of Serta the customer service line 1-888-557-3782 just loops me around. I've owned plenty of mattresses as I am 53 years of age and this is the first mattress I've own that continually cause me back issues. I thought maybe I just needed to get use to it... but as it's been a year now I'm gonna end up having to throw this one away and buy a new one. I would not buy these mattress... Especially now with companies that offer 100 day trial sleep period. Waste of a money.

We purchased a Serta iComfort mattress in March 2013. It is now sagging on both sides with a huge lump in the middle. My husband can no longer sleep in the bed as he wakes up in agony each morning from back ache and I now have back problems too. Never had a back problem before. Will see how we go with our local supplier - paid nearly $5000 for the ensemble so hope they honour the 10 year warranty. Will never buy a Serta again.

Ordered this through a Sam's Club website. Thought after reading the description I was getting a bed that allowed each side of the bed to raise & lower individually. Thinking that the wording "Cal-King Split" meant the bed could move as described above. Would have checked this out in store, but this model is not available at the local store. The wording even mentioned that each remote could be configured to operate either side which also led me to think that this product had two separate sections. Even tried calling the "dedicated Serta hotline for Sam's Club members" which was a waste of time. I was told by the person that she couldn't help me & to read the description & that she had no additional information & could not answer any questions.

After the bed was delivered, my 77 year old husband was left to try to attach our old headboard & footboard. A major pain, that involved removing each leg to attach the additional hardware. The headboard & footboard sit so far away from the mattress that our pillows fall through to the floor at night. This bed is much higher than expected & poses a possible hazard for my spouse just trying to get in & out since he had limited range. I will probably need to find a safe step up for him but then worry if he gets up at night & trips over it. This mattress is like sleeping on rocks & buying this bed is my biggest regret ever. I wish I could send this back & forget this nightmare ever happened. Don't think I mentioned that the "massage feature" is more nuisance than comfort. Worst buy I've ever made!

BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY A MATTRESS FROM SERTA!!! My disabled son saved for months and purchased a Serta mattress from sears - within weeks it developed a huge 7" high ridge across the queen size bed. He has been trying to get Sears to return calls. After many calls, we finally called serta who sent their own inspectors and deemed the bed defective. They just finally after months of going back and forth sent us a letter saying they will honor their warranty and replace the defective mattress but we have to pay an additional $149 to have it sent to us. Here is part of their letter. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SERTA!!!

"Dear John/Cheryl, We received the inspection report that was completed on your mattress set. According to the guidelines set forth in Serta's limited manufacturer warranty, you have been approved for a mattress replacement only. Your box spring was found to be free of defects. This offer will expire in sixty (60) days from the date above, on December 06, 2016. In accordance with the terms of our warranty, we reserve the right to substitute a product of equal quality if identical materials are no longer available. This means the new item may not be the same color, fabric, or quilting pattern as the item being replaced. Be assured that we take great effort in selecting a model from our current product line that best compares to the comfort and support of the mattress you originally purchased.

As stated in our warranty, transportation costs for your replacement are not covered. Your transportation charge is $149, which covers the delivery, set up, and removal of your defective bedding."

Bought a king mattress from Rooms To Go with an adjustable bed frames. The Serta Mattresses (3) have been defective. The 3rd one is defective and Rooms To Go sent someone out who says it is not defective. The 3rd one is sagging and forms a pocket, where I slide into this pocket at night. I have had to change rooms to sleep in, as this is very uncomfortable and it is defective. WE paid almost 4000.00 for this disaster of a bed and frame.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ROOMS TO GO OR ANY KIND OF SERTA MATTRESS. They scam the elderly or anyone else who basically trust people to tell you the truth when selling you a product. WE told the sales person that we needed a bed that can be elevated at night due to a medical condition. The mattresses are not good for an adjustable mattress... This is an awful experience, don't believe their warranty either. They say 20 years??? Ha what a joke, we have had 3 mattresses in just 2.5 years.

We bought this bed after about a year of looking and comparing. We fell in love with this mattress and promptly bought it. Now almost 2 years later it is sagging on both sides and firm in the middle. When we lay on our sides we can feel the box springs! Are you kidding?! My husband is disabled due to his back and is hobbling around every morning. I'm waking with back pain now. I've never had problems like this. Serta needs to stand and deliver.

I purchased a Serta mattress through QVC. The mattress was initially firm and comfortable. After a year, the mattress started to become soft and uncomfortable. I contacted customer service and they sent someone out to measure the mattress. I was basically told that the mattress was not defective, but there is absolutely no way that this mattress is not defective.

I paid approximately $1700 for the Perfect Sleeper Elite III mattress. Will never make that mistake again. I became interested in the mattress after sleeping on one in a hotel. I liked that mattress and assumed that if I purchased one it would be identical, it was not. I like a firm mattress, and the one I received was firm... for a week. After that it showed impressions where I slept and was no longer firm but soft. Exactly what I did not want. I called to complain, they sent someone out to look at the mattress then sent me a letter later that basically said they couldn't find any manufacturing defects so case closed. So I am stuck with it. I will probably move it to the guest room and get another mattress... but it will never be a Serta again.

Bought a King Serta iComfort mattress last year in the absence of my husband who was still working and living in NY when I moved to TN. I lay on several mattresses for a good while till the salesman swore by the Serta iComfort after I mentioned my husband's back problems. It seemed comfortable in the store and now that I read other reviews it makes sense but the mattress did not feel as firm in the store as it does now. I mean it is painfully firm, because now after a year I have back problems and hip pain from the pressure of the mattress. My husband hates it so much he would gladly throw this overpriced mattress to the curb. I was also told to jump on it by the salesman which I have done. I tried pleading with Serta to let me return the mattress for a softer one even if they prorated it, they simply brushed me off saying "We are sorry you feel this way, and sorry but you are stuck with your purchase".

I previously owned a $500.00 memory foam mattress that was way more comfortable than this thing. Needless to say we are not happy with the mattress and due to the swift and canned response by Serta this will be the last mattress that I bought from them. I am currently searching for a good mattress topper to see if that will help. If not we'll bite the bullet and throw it out.

Expert Review

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.    More about Michael J.→

Serta has been making quality mattresses for over 80 years and has been recognized and awarded for its products. It is committed to being environmentally responsible in manufacturing and production. Serta and Simmons are now the same company.

• Variety: The Serta perfect sleeper is the lower cost line which is great for light use or occasional use. The better model is the iComfort Series (introduction of foam and gel).
  • Retail stores: Serta has a number of retail stores around the country where consumers can test out the mattresses before deciding which one to purchase.
  • Support: It has excellent customer support, both when purchasing mattresses online and in retail stores.
  • Financing: Customers can finance their purchases and can get 0 percent APR for up to 60 months in certain cases.
  • Best for Serta mattresses are best for eco-friendly, parents and professionals.

Compare Mattresses