1.00/5
Need a good mattress?

Last updated: March 8, 2018

388 Serta Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 8, 2018

Like many others I bought a Sears Serta mattress and ran into the biggest nightmare. I am stage 3 CKD... I thought I needed a new mattress to be comfortable in my end time. I looked at many mattresses, there was so much oversell and over pricing I became very skeptical. So I decided to go with brands I knew I could trust. BIG BIG mistake. Paid Sears the price of a used car for an EXTRA FIRM Mattress, only to be told by both Seas and Serta that my EXTRA FIRM mattress was suppose to sink in the middle.

I have such terrible back pain after the 3rd night I couldn't stand up. I read the review from the lady who slept on the perfect mattress in a hotel in Chgo...and decided to buy that mattress for her home. Now she and her husband are both under doctor's care for back pain. The trick is the mattress feels great for the first couple of nights, but after that run for your life. Their return policies (both Sears and Sealy) are crafted to cover the defects in the mattresses. Why pay a restocking fee for a defective mattress, that you have been forced to sleep on for 30 days?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The WORST mattress I have slept on. I would give a Zero Star if I could for both The Brick and Serta. Within months, the sides were sagging and my husband could no longer sleep comfortably. We contacted The Brick (Coquitlam) where we bought it and they sent out a warranty person who said it had sagged 'just' under the warranty requirements. That's with zero weight on it. No one was helpful. The Brick has washed their hands of this, and Serta wouldn't fulfill warranty. So now, we have a garbage bed, that is very uncomfortable- tossing and turning/sleepless nights. Never will I buy a Serta product again. I do not recommend this product at all to anyone who wants comfort or a good sleep.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I purchased a Serta Jubilance mattress in 2012, which is a memory foam mattress, with the boxspring and frame all together was over $2300. In less than six years, it sagged really bad and it was really hurting my back, I contacted the place I purchased it and Serta for warranty. They said if there where any stains then it's not cover. There is a few small stains, nothing unusual so it's not covered though and I've always had a liquid protection sheet on it. So I decided to unzip the factory sheet and the actual foam is ripping apart in multiple spots that I was actually falling inside.

Went to a Serta representative with photos of the picture, and he said it was a MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT, but still any staining completely voids the warranty... I am sleeping 100% better now on an old spring mattress with a memory foam topper on it, waiting to see if Serta will fix their faulty mattress, but nope. I don't understand how something can have a 25 year warranty but they will not cover a manufacturer's defect that bad to where I can feel the spring cutting through the ripped foam while I sleep.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I only had my mattress a year. It has sunk in the middle an inch and a half. I called the store I purchase it from as well as Serta. No ones seems to care. I am active duty military and spouse is a vet and they seem to care to help replace our mattress. I know I WILL NEVER purchase another Serta Mattress nor will I shop at Conn's.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I first slept on a Serta mattress during vacation in Cherokee N.C. I had such a great night sleep I knew I had to have. The mattress was a Serta Concierge Emerald and cost a little over $1,200. I decided to go with a less expensive model the Perfect Sleeper expecting to enjoy the same great night sleep as I did on the Concierge Emerald, wow was I disappointed. I bought the mattress though JC Penney for $470 with $50 delivery cost. The mattress arrived in just a plastic back. No box or any other type of packaging material. There was a tear in the plastic bag caused by dragging it on one end across the floor of the truck. After closer inspection I could see that the fabric was dirty and torn at the hole in the plastic.

I declined the delivery and contacted JC Penney, they apologized and told me a new mattress would be sent shortly. Finally after almost a month I had my new mattress and was prepared for an amazing good night's rest. At first I was happy with my new mattress but then I noticed when I would roll over in bed I could hear a clicking noise coming from inside? Then I noticed as I would sit upright on the side of the bed placing my feet on the floor the noise was louder! One morning I sat down on the foot of the bed to put my shoes on and the top of the frame compressed over half way down to the bottom and I could hear and feel the springs grinding against each other.

I am 6ft 2 and weigh 232 lbs, could lose a few pounds but not obese. The noise from the springs clicking, grinding, hearing them make a boing sound as I get in and out and roll over is getting worse not better. I have had this bed for about two months now and I HATE it! I paid a non refundable delivery fee of $50 and if I send the bed back for a refund I will have to pay a $50 pick up fee. That would be a $100 loss and I wouldn't have a bed to sleep on because I threw my old one away when I received the new Serta. This bed is not on display at JC Penney so you can't try before you buy. Take my advise and don't go through the nightmare I am going through, don't order this bed! And if someone wants to give you one tell them to throw it in the trash because that's what this bed is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was supposed to have my mattress delivered today - but it’s not here. A military vet and an active duty spouse is displaced with two dogs during an international military PCS. Thank you Serta for making my transition back home a crappy one. I will be sure to leave nasty reviews on any and all websites. Two continents, a cross-country drive and I’m sleeping on the floor in my brand new home after leaving Japan. Thank you. Job well done!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We bought a Serta Motion Perfect III adjustable base, because my husband was having open heart surgery. After using it a few weeks it began making an awful noise when we would get in or out of the bed. The adjustment of the bed worked fine. I called the company number listed on the warranty. It was listed as Ergomotion. I was told the noise was normal. I even sent them a video. The noise got worse after a few more weeks, so I called back. I was once again told the noise was normal and it was the boards of the base making the noise. I was told the boards were not included in my warranty. I explained I was reading my warranty and it stated anything was covered for 2 years. The lady I was talking to said the warranty was at their discretion. I argued with her and she finally set up for a tech to come out and review the base.

The tech came out and said it could not be repaired and should be replaced. He wrote it on his form and had me sign it. I should have taken a picture of it, but didn't. He told me if I didn't hear anything in a week to call him. I called and left messages several times and he would not return my call. Finally after the noise getting much worse my husband and I went to the store we purchased it from. They called the tech and he answered. They put me on the phone and he told me he would check on it and get back with me. I never heard from him.

After several more weeks I called the company again. Once again they were rude and argued with me that it was normal and would not be replaced. I went back to the store and they called the company. They were told the same thing. They put me on the phone with a guy who was one of the rudest people I have ever come in contact with. I was so upset. When I got off of the phone I was literally in tears. That doesn't happen much! I asked to speak with his supervisor, Claudia was the name he gave me, but of course she was not available. I have never in my life experienced such bad customer service. The next day I took a video to the store and also emailed it to the store manager. They confirmed that there was no way this sound was normal. Every time my husband or myself got up to use the bathroom at night the bed would make such a loud noise that it would wake the other person up.

We finally decided we would just count it as a loss and go back to using a regular box spring. A few weeks later the store called us and said they were going to replace it. We were so thankful!!! They brought us a new one and it is great! No noise at all. We were finally able to sleep all night!!! This ordeal lasted from July 2017-December 2017. Now that we have the new one we love it, but I will never recommend anyone buy one from Serta or Ergomotion due to the horrible customer service!!! I will never buy a Serta product again!!! Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my 54 years!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

PERFECT SLEEPER Platinum Suite II - It takes a lot for me to write a bad review and right now I am in such physical pain I couldnt handle. Anyone else going through what I'm going through. My husband and I bought a brand new king size mattress and frame from Serta in October costing us about $2,000. We bought it off our hotel experience in Chicago. The mattress we slept on in the hotel was amazing. I took pictures of it including the tag that shows the model name. I called Serta and asked if they carry it and I was told yes so I ordered it. We had it for less than 30 days and it started sagging on the edges terribly which was start of a nightmare. Both of us could not sleep and were in terrible pains. I reached out to the saleswoman that handled the order providing her picture of the mattress in the hotel and picture of our new mattress showing the comparison that ours did not seem right. She sent someone to inspect our mattress that week on Nov 3rd.

The inspector came and went on Nov 10th. I reached out to Serta about couple weeks later (Nov 30th) and she said she did not have information as the department is in another building and it's the holiday season and asked me to reach out in couple weeks. I was traveling so I reached out on Jan 2nd. She said she would be happy to check. It's Jan 24th I still dont have an answer! I called them directly yesterday only to be told the customer service area doesn't work with the warranty department and they would escalate my situation. They don't even have a direct line to the warranty department so this is the farthest I can go. At this point I have started going to a back doctor which is costing me a lot due to 3 visits per week and as a newlywed my husband and I can't even sleep together. How can a company just take someone's money, deliver a defective product and unable to help. Be very careful when buying directly from Serta.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

DO NOT BUY. I purchased a Serta Sunview firm mattress on November 27th, 2017. The mattress size king was a little over $1000. I've never been more dissatisfied with a mattress in my life. After only THREE weeks, the mattress began sinking in where my husband and I sleep. There is now a mountain forming in the middle. At the four week mark we rotated it 180 degrees as you should do with any spring or spring hybrid. And for one, maybe two nights we got relief. But then the sinking started on that side.

And now after less than two months, I feel like I'm sleeping in a hammock. I now have back and hip pain. I can't fall asleep because after laying in bed for a few minutes the pain starts. I can't hardly sleep at all. It's HORRIBLE. Even my husband is complaining and he can usually sleep in pretty crappy mattresses. I can only guess that the terrible quality of this mattress and it's durability is a reflection of the company itself. Never buying from Serta again. EVER.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I bought a Serta iComfort 6 months ago. I wake up everyday with terrible back, hip, and shoulder pain. I went out and got another memory foam topper to try and ease the pain but it just gets worse. I can't believe I spent 1,500 on such a terrible mattress. I have to spend more money on a new mattress just to get some sleep! Serta is a awful company and should be care about their customers more. Mattress companies are greedy!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Horrible Product and Company - Warranty Process is a SCAM! There is a HUGE sagging section that is at the area measuring 48" from the "Top/Tag end" and in from the side at the 20" mark. Also, a few inches from that mark there is a HUGE LUMP and then the sagging starts. I would guess the sagging varies from 1/2 inch to 3 or 4 inches. There is NO REASON this mattress should of sagged in the sleep surface, this is only about a year old and we followed ALL the care instructions. We purchased it directly from Serta and bought the matching box spring and frame from Serta too. The Handle is ripped and rips more every-time we use it to position it when rotating.

Filed a claim thru Serta and was referred to MattressMarshalls.com. The entire warranty process is a complete SCAM! I sent 76 photos of my defective mattress with the above description (including their stupid little red yarn string measuring system) and the company said they have NOT received the required information or some information is missing. Serta cashed my $35 check required to initiate the warranty process, it has been over 6 months and still, NO REPLACEMENT, NO LETTER, NO MONEY BACK, NOTHING. I plan to post my review as often as I can on the internet and file with the BBB and my Attorney General. My warning to you is do NOT spend $3000 like I did on their junk and be SURE your Mattress is NOT covered under the Mattress Marshalls warranty - It is a HUGE SCAM, just google them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Serta iComfort Prodigy 3 - Purchased at Rooms To Go... Premium product… Great warranty. Was fine for about a year, then I started feeling like there was a hole where I would prop myself on my elbow while using the computer. So I called Rooms To Go, filed a claim. They denied. Refused to advocate on my behalf to Serta. Frustrated, I called Serta. They sent someone out to inspect. Foam deteriorating internally, took a picture. This is a 2000 dollar mattress... with a 10 year warranty.

Worthless warranty, as Serta too rejected warranty claim. They did not even try to assess what caused the mattress to fail. They even went so far as to invalidate my warranty altogether. Serta did not ask any questions, did not consider anything I had to say, did not solicit my input, but miraculously came to the conclusion that the "mattress was not defective, and the problem was the result of abuse or misuse." How can they draw this conclusion with a photograph? I see so many complaints of the same nature for this product. Time to hire an attorney... Sigh...

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We purchased our iComfort mattress for $1700 a few years ago. At first, I was hesitant at first to buy this mattress, but it was marketed as high-performance and top-of-the-line product, my husband and I thought it would be a great mattress that would last us a long time, so we went for it. The mattress is still covered by the 10 year warranty, and so when we noticed sagging in the mattress, we submitted a warranty claim with Serta. I actually measured the mattress myself before their 3rd party contractor came out and measured the mattress. I strung strings up and down the bed, made sure they were level, and then measured the deepest points where the mattress was sagging (where I sleep, actually).

Without Serta's padded mattress cover, and not including their taut netting covering the foam of the mattress, the mattress was sagging 3/4", which was the minimum for Serta's warranty. So I thought obviously we'd get a replacement mattress. But Serta claims the mattress was only sagging 5/8" (1/8" less than my calculation), and has refused to replace the mattress. I brought up to them how possibly their 3rd-party contractor could be so exact to dispute that 1/8" difference, to which I did not get an answer. They have offered no remedy for the sagging in their "high-performance" mattress, other than that we can do another inspection in 6 months. What a colossal waste of money and my time. I'm never buying a Serta mattress again, and I really recommend that you do your homework and buy from companies that have better consumer relations practices than Serta.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Buyers beware, we bought a Prodigy Mattress 3 years ago. Paid $2200.00 for just the mattress. The bed is now sagging terribly. Our backs hurt after a full night of tossing and turning! Went through the 4 week inspection process to make a claim on the warranty and was told it wasn’t sagging enough by 1/4 inch. Really? Horrible customer/warranty service. Will never buy Serta again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have contacted the company by phone and email. I have also sent photos and they have acknowledged they did receive the pictures with a level showing the bed is not level and does not work properly when rising up or down. I purchased 2 beds at 5 thousand dollars. One bed is fine the other has had a representative come out and fix motor issue but not the level problem of bed frame. When I call now I can not get thru, it rings and they just hang up. I feel this is very unfair to not stand behind their warranty. Can you please help.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

February 2016, I was at a complete stop in my car when someone from behind decided not to stop slamming into the back of me at more than 50 mph. Needless to say my back was done; Twelve weeks of physical therapy. My mattress at that was contributing to my pain so I purchased a king Serta Perfect Sleeper pillowtop mattress in October 2016. I felt tons of back pressure relief just sitting on the mattress, laying on it was even better while in the store. I was in love with this mattress once it arrived.

However Within 4 months of having it, the right side began to sink. I called the store and was told to take the mattress off the boxspring and measure to see if the indentation was at least 2 inches (the only way that they would even consider taking it back) and to inspect the mattress for stains. If there was the tiniest stain, they would not take it back. This completely blew my mind; with these prestanding guidelines, to me, means that Serta is aware of problem but continues to sell these defective mattresses. I am 5’4 165lb. I have not had a full night of sleep, without being awoken for more than 9 months due to huge sinkhole in the right, middle portion of the bed. I go to sleep laying vertical and am awaken by severe back pain because the bottom half of me is in the sinkhole, the top half of me in its original state; I am now almost completely horizontal.

There are no words to describe the disappointment and anger felt knowing that I spent my hard earned money for this mattress and am stuck with this junk. I paid for a product that is no good money for my back comfort. Again, Serta knows there are problems with their mattresses, selling them, and refusing to make the situation right, or refund money. I do not remember seeing a disclaimer, explaining return guidelines. I only learned of them after I had a problem. Serta should definitely be ashamed of their products. Too many people are having similar issues for this to be a hoax.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

In 2015 we bought a New Edgarton memory FIRM Mattress. Within a year it had sank 2 inches in parts of the bed, so I would sleep at one end and my husband would sleep at the other. I finally found my receipt (dog took it out of my billfold along with cash and hid it under the bed) so I called them, I had to pay 35.00 for a inspector who was shocked how bad it was, the coils had flipped over. Since they no longer made that type of Mattress (wonder why?) they would send us a replacement that was just or better than the one we had. This took over a year to send them pictures, a release form, which I thought I was getting a good mattress, well it was finally delivered today. I also had to pay 114.00 delivery fee, they would not let us pick it up.

They sent us the crappiest Mattress you have ever seen, no memory form. It was only 8in tall instead of 10 like our old one, the stitching was horrible, if you lay on your side and relax you automatically roll into the middle of the bed, If you sit on the side it goes down to 5 inches in height, you basically have to roll to get out of the bed. I called Serta twice. They were no help, they said, "Well you signed the paper." I signed a paper that stated I would get a mattress that was of equal quality or better, these Holdsworth Firm Mattress they gave us, they put in RVs it was the lowest quality there could be. I have called Serta twice, and I am going to make a BBB complaint, I expect to have to buy a new mattress within the next 2 months, that is how bad the quality is. If you are looking for a mattress and it is made by Serta! RUN as fast you can to a better quality bed instead of throwing your money away.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I ordered an iComfort mattress from Serta Direct online. I called after placing the order to see how long it would take for delivery as I was moving from WA to CA. I was told the mattress would be ready in 11-14 days and be shipped to a delivery company and then they would delivery to my new home. I placed my order on 9/13/17 and it is now 10/27/17 and I still do not have my mattress. I have called Serta numerous times and have not received any help. The manager Mike, was supposed to call me back twice and I never heard from him. I just received a call from the delivery company and they are telling me the first available date is 11/14/17 which will be two months from the date I originally ordered the mattress. Serta has been absolutely no help and everyone I spoke to didn't seem to care at all. I will never again order anything from Serta and I will tell my family and friends what horrible customer service they have.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a new Serta iSeries Merit Pillowtop Mattress in 2/15. By 10/17 it is shot. The side is broken down and the top cover is twisted over to the side. It has valleys and deep depressions in it. I called Serta about the fantastic warranty, only To find out it's bull. They said I have to fill out an inspection request form and mail it back to them with a $35 check. Before I invest another nickel with this company I decided to do some online investigating about the inspection process, only to find it's a scam and that if the slightest stain is found they won't honor the warranty. So I decided to throw it away, keep my $35 and put it towards a new mattress from another company. I will never buy anything from this company!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Serta 92681 Perfect Sleeper Teddington Plush Queen Mattress - Absolute garbage!! This is a horrible, cheaply made bed and box springs. I called within 15 minutes trying to return this and was given a run around by Sears customer service based in India that I couldn't understand what they was saying. The thread all the way down the side was coming unraveled the mattress. The box springs was made of the cheapest fabric you could come across. I don't see how this ** made it out of Serta’s quality control.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We are a locally owned mattress company in the Pensacola area. Today we carry all major brands and pride ourselves in maintaining honest relationships with our customers as well as with our vendors. With that said we would like to bring to light some disturbing behavior we have experienced with Serta in regard to its dealings with small business owners. In April of 2015 my husband and I approached Serta about opening a store. My husband has been in the industry for over 12 years so we understood the importance of establishing well known vendors from the beginning. Serta was more than eager to assist us. They helped us find our location and sold us $10,000 worth of merchandise for our floor. Having backing from this major company gave us the confidence to move forward with securing a lease and investing our life savings into opening our family business.

However, once the merchandise arrived and we had arranged it on our floor, we received a call from Serta stating that a large mattress chain in the area was upset about us opening and Serta decided to change their distribution. They informed us they would be refunding our money and sending a truck to pick up our mattresses!!! This could have ruined our business as well as our family and many people in the community encouraged us to take legal action. However, we decided instead to pour our energy into making our company work despite this setback. By the grace of God, our business not only survived, but thrived. Interestingly, about 6 months ago Serta approached us about possibly carrying their products again. My initial response was NO, Never Again!

However, my husband who had previously sold Serta for so many years convinced me to sit down and listen to what they were proposing. This time it was a different representative who appeared to be an honest Christian woman. She gave us her word that this would never happen again and that if it did she would fight for us. Reluctantly, I agreed and once again we purchased thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Serta. Over the following six months everything appeared to be running smoothly. We sold their products and paid them early every single time. Strangely, three weeks ago my husband received a phone call from our Serta representative informing us that she was very upset that we had purchased merchandise from Tempurpedic and would have to report us to her boss!!!

My husband was quite surprised and informed her that we had never discussed or signed anything stating we wouldn't carry additional merchandise from other vendors. In fact, all the other stores within our franchise carry all the major brands as well so we could not understand the issue. Needless to say, yesterday we received a phone call from Serta stating that they would be closing our account in 30 days due to distribution changes. Our purpose in writing this review is not only to let the community know how little Serta thinks of small locally owned businesses, but also to caution other business owners when dealing with this company. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

This is the worst mattress you can ever buy. I actually sell mattresses and furniture for a living and had heard all these great things about this mattress. I couldn't afford full retail so I bought a Sam's membership to buy iComfort. I had to rent a truck to go pick it up (over an hour away) got it home and as soon as I went to put it in position the handle ripped. Then I was noticing a huge amount of material with no support... Checked the other side of my king bed and the foam had collapsed on the side with a huge side lump. I called Serta about this. (so you'd think ok warranty it's defective) They said I had to contact Sam's. So I called Sam's.

They said I had to bring it back to them. (So because it's defective I have to pay another 100.00 to drive this thing back and take a day off work) Serta should have followed the warranty and sent someone out to look at the mattress and replace. I do not and will not recommend any of my customers to buy this mattress or even Serta for that matter. 1,200 for a mattress to not last a month is a problem. I actually went to their sales corporate rep for Serta and his answer was "well it happens."

Although I do have to wonder if Serta has even considered who they actually didn't support. Considering in 2 months time I have sold 300K in mattresses alone and yes I speak to every customer. Not a good idea for Serta not to realize who they screw over. So now I want you to know who not to go to. Please don't waste your hard earned money like I have.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Bought a Serta mattress in Feb. 2014 and it is broken down on both sides. Also there is a hump in the middle of mattress. My wife is 78. I am 82 and the Serta people want me to take bed apart and photograph seven photos. I got out of hospital on the 14 of this month and can not lift more than 10 lbs for at least 6 weeks. I told Serta all this and they said unless I take all the pics they would not be able to consider a replacement. My suggestion to anyone my age is to stay away from Sears and Serta. They are a bunch of money grabbing companies that do NOT care about the older people.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We purchased a Serta King almost 2 years ago. If I recall correctly it had a 20 year warranty and cost about $2200. It was great at first, but roughly 9 months later my wife and I began developing back pains. At first we thought they were from a couple of old chairs in our home office and replaced the chairs. But as the intensity of the pain increased it dawned on us that our "beautiful" 20+ year mattress was the culprit!

After checking the mattress with an 2' straight edge, we discovered that the mattress developed depressions on both sides around the areas where our butts generally reside. Considering I'm only 5'7" and 165# and my wife only 5"2" 120#, this should not have happened under any circumstance. The warranty stated that the mattress would be replaced if the depression was over 1 1/2" and since the current depression is "only" 1 1/4" what am I supposed to do, further destroy our backs while waiting for the depression to reach 1 1/2"? Or maybe we should host a dinner party on the mattress until it deepens? And if you do reach that 1 1/2" mark, you'll be given a replacement at a service charge of $300 (?) plus inspection and other fees. This is a crock of you know what! The mattress firm that handles crap like this should be out of business and Serta should be shut down!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

SERTA is a terrible company. We purchased one bed 9/9/15, and by March 2016 it had to be replaced... Our second bed SERTA Springview now (8-2017) is now SAGGING 2 inches with no person on the bed in different places, and we took all the photos of the bed and realized there was no LAW TAG, company Said there had to be one, and There is not, not even a place where any tag could have been... They are calling me a liar, and I am trying to get SERTA to send someone out to see there is no LAW TAG.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

We purchased a Serta I Cloud mattress approximately five years ago. The mattress was super comfortable for about the first three years however, the memory foam has broken down and the bed is now excruciatingly painful to sleep on. We followed the directions and never put hot sheets on the bed and we purchased the special mattress cover to ensure if liquid was spilled on the bed, it would not cause the foam to break down yet it still did. Serta will not replace the mattress unless there is a 3/4 inch sag or indentation so we are stuck with a $3,800 bed that causes horrendous back pain and that we can barely roll out of because it has broken down so much. We are NOT happy.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Bought our Serta Merit in mid/late 2014. Within a few months, developed divots in the mattress where our butts are located. Since you can't flip the mattress we constantly have to turn our mattress. We actually turn out mattress also what would normally be the top and bottom, we turn the mattress so that is now right and left sides. Worst mattress and the last Serta we buy. With spending the cost we did, we have to endure this for a few more years before we are 100% Serta free, for good. Not sure where their quality went, of course, that doesn't matter because our issue started within a few months and continues with every clockwise turn. Neither of us are over 180lbs.

Original review: July 21, 2017

My Mom and I were both in the market for a new mattress, so we went to Big Lots and each chose a different Serta mattress. Both were sagging within 3 days of sleeping on them. Big Lots has a 30-day policy where you can get an exchange or refund, so we went and got another Serta hoping it would be better. We have between the 2 of us, now tried 4 different Serta mattresses and all 4 have been total JUNK! I suffer from back pain and these mattresses have made it very painful to even stand up straight when I walk now. I have felt like I've been run over by a train every morning when sleeping on these mattresses. My Mom's hip pain has gotten much worse and now she has developed shoulder pain as well from these horrible beds. My mood and quality of life have both suffered due to lack of sleep.

I am now sleeping on the FLOOR until my Saatva mattress comes in. I kid you not, I'd rather sleep on a bed of NAILS than another Serta mattress. Please warn everyone you know about Serta and if you are considering buying one, PLEASE RECONSIDER! There is no telling how many people have lost their jobs or their marriages on account of sleepless nights because of SERTA! Total CRAP!!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Dr. Greene Auburn Falls Firm Mattress does not hold up. We bought the mattress in 2014. The mattress is no longer firm! I can no longer sleep on it, makes my back hurt! Do not buy this mattress! The warranty man called and said they would only do anything about the problem. If there is a one to one and a half sag in the mattress with no one on it. This is ridiculous! In other words the warranty is crap! We went for a Serta because we thought this would be the better mattress. We were fooled and you will be also if you buy one!

Original review: July 12, 2017

We purchased a King Infused mattress - in less than one month started to sag & pillow top to loosen up. After paying the inspection fee, Serta said it will be replaced. I mailed the law tags as requested with the check and now Serta disappeared!!! Now 6 month later still Serta wont return calls and never showed up with replacement. Awful company! A scam! A ripoff!!!

Serta Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Serta has been making quality mattresses for over 80 years and has been recognized and awarded for its products. It is committed to being environmentally responsible in manufacturing and production. Serta and Simmons are now the same company.

• Variety: The Serta perfect sleeper is the lower cost line which is great for light use or occasional use. The better model is the iComfort Series (introduction of foam and gel).

• Retail stores: Serta has a number of retail stores around the country where consumers can test out the mattresses before deciding which one to purchase.

• Support: It has excellent customer support, both when purchasing mattresses online and in retail stores.

• Financing: Customers can finance their purchases and can get 0 percent APR for up to 60 months in certain cases.

• Best for: Serta mattresses are best for eco-friendly, parents and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Serta Mattress Company Information