2.93/5
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a good mattress?

421 Serta Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 8, 2018

The memory foam mattress is the best mattress ever. You could almost have someone jumping on the other half and never feel it. No springs to ever poke you. Conforms to your body. Long lasting, no need to flip or rotate like coil spring mattresses.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The Serta mattress has been great. We have had it for many years and it is still like new. Would not be interested in getting another one at this time.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We love our mattress that I bought online at Penney's a few years ago. It replace a mattress I had for nearly 25 years by Serta so I knew it would be a good mattress.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Very solid and fits to your body yet stays in shape. Doesn't sag over use and doesn't retain heat either. I have spine issues and this is by far the best mattress I've owned. Highly recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Is a pillowtop and still had to add two memory foam one inch mattresses to it and now this has made it way too hot. The mattress is now soft enough though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: June 6, 2018

We were happy when we first got it but a few months later it started feeling like it wasn't supporting us enough. Almost called to inquire about returning but then it started feeling good again and it didn't feel or look like we were sinking like we were. Very strange! Still feel we could have got something a little better for the price.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My mattress is very firm just the way I like it. It has not broken down and I have had it for 4 years now. Great quality for the price. I would not trade it in for another one.

Original review: June 5, 2018

1 yr old Serta bought at Boscov's in Meriden Conn. My mattress is sinking. The frame has broken. They fixed but their warranty for sinking is 1 and one half in. Mine is a little over 1 in. 1 yr warranty defected. They won't come back to check.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Serta Mattress helps my back so much. Fall asleep immediately. No more back pain. Stay asleep all night so super comfortable. Only problem dont want to get up in the morning.

Original review: June 3, 2018

This mattress broke down way too easy! Granted it has been used for over 10 years but the past 4 springs have been bent causing not only back pain but also falling out of bed at times!

Original review: June 3, 2018

When I first got my Serta mattress it was wonderful then about 6 months after I had trouble sleeping, where I slept the mattress became lumpy. I tried to pull and rub it down but I could not do it. After another month the mattress padding sunk leaving me in a sunken hole. I felt like I was going to fall out of bed. I will never buy another one.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We purchased this mattress mainly for the comfort. My husband has had several back surgeries and I have knee problems. We love the fact that it has a massage and with a touch of a remote, you can adjust both the head and feet. The one we picked was from the "Trump" series. It's the same model made for Trump's hotel. Shortly after our president was running for office, Serta pulled the product out of their stores which is sad. It's the best bed we've ever had.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I love the Serta Mattress support, but the pillow top on my mattress. I look forward to getting into to bed each night. I know that I will get a great night sleep on it. While it's not too soft, but a medium firm, but I enjoy reaching out and feeling of the pillow top squares on my mattress.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I’m not comfortable sleeping on this mattress. It is bulky and makes my back hurt. I paid a lot of money for it and I’m dissatisfied that it hasn’t even lasted 3 years.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Multiple disabilities ~ I have spinal stenosis and absolutely need a firm yet comfortable bed. When I went to the store I laid 3 minutes on each bed testing them. When I tried Serta, I didn't want to get up. I honest laid there for over 5-7 mins not caring who was watching. It was a little pricey for my budget so I planned to come back when able. Well, God worked a miracle, as I was leaving there was the exact model (once a floor display) on sale! I nabbed it! It had a few kick marks, frays and test run dirt but, l needed a bed ASAP. Waited a few months later and bought the box spring to match on sale. ;) So, help me. I oversleep anyway due to chronic pain but this is the bed I've loved most ever IN MY LIFE. My next purchase, I'm looking for this one again. ❤❤❤ Hope nothing changes in its design.

Original review: May 31, 2018

It didn't last long at all. Only about 4 years. I'm in the process of trying to find a new one. My parents just bought one of those beds in a box. They love it and now I'm trying to find the right one for me.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Memory foam i-Serta is great. No buttons to dig in. Great comfortable night's sleep. I no longer toss and turn. Very happy even after 18 months. I would buy this mattress again.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This is the most comfortable bed I have ever owned. I stay in a lot of high end hotels but I always glad to get home for a really good comfortable sleep.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am very satisfied with my mattress, as it is very comfortable for me. I have some back issues which require a rather firm mattress for me. I sleep very well on my mattress and experience very little tossing and turning. My mattress is about 6 years old, and I expect to get some more years' wear.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I don't have the most comfortable mattress. The Serta mattress is too firm. I plan in the near future to purchase a new one but right now I am just looking at consumer reviews and prices on them.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I've been so comfy on my Serta mattress, I haven't had to contact the company. Based off mattress comfort I would say this company is excellent. I would highly recommend this mattress to other. All smiles here.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I bought a hybrid mattress from Serta Mattress for the comfort and durability. Where I sit on the edge of the bed to get changed the foam has drooped but the coils keep the mattress from collapsing. The overall comfort is amazing.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Love this Serta double pillow-top mattress. It is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on, it is like sleeping on clouds. After 10 years, it is still like a new mattress. Anyone who has ever slept on it has remarked how comfortable it is.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My Serta mattress is about 10 years old and I really need a new one. I would love a sleep by numbers bed, then I'd be so happy. I'd sleep like a Queen.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have had spine issues for years. At one point even put plywood between mattress and box springs. Then I discovered Serta BackSaver. It's firm yet comfortable. We have added a 4 inch memory topper for extra comfort. So far it's the best mattress we've owned.

Original review: May 26, 2018

When Serta mattress was new it was supportive of back and felt wonderful. We need a new one but cannot afford one so we wake up with soreness and wife has fibromyalgia and I know we need to get something with good support for her. It makes me sick that this mattress isn't supportive anymore.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I just bought a new Serta. Old Serta was over 10 yrs old. Love the comfort and stability of these mattresses and the fact that my hubby and I sleep the night through is fantastic.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Serta Mattress worked fine at the hotel and great when I bought it. Easy to change and easy to keep clean. Cost was more than I want to spend but in this case it was worth the extra cost for comfort.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My mattress sleeps amazingly. It sits up high, very thick and soft. The durability has proven well over the last couple of years. I really love the top layer that can be removed and washed; it makes me feel like I'm sleeping on a clean mattress. I would recommend this mattress to everyone.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Back in November, I bought the iComfort series. The medium feeling. Received it from Bestway in Ruston, La., I was sent the firm. It was so hard we couldn't sleep on it. I called them the next day. They TRIED to make us keep for 60 days. I REFUSED. We couldn't sleep the one night on it. I put it in spare bedroom and started using our old one. So 2 weeks later I received the next one. It was the same. HARD. I went into Bestway of Ruston, La. laid on different ones because I refuse to keep one that I couldn't sleep on. Especially since I've paid 1900.00. I found the Serta Bellagio Super Pillowtop. It was a soft bed and very comfortable.

So I waited a couple weeks for this to come in. IT WAS HARD. NOTHING LIKE WHAT I TRIED AT STORE. This mattress also dips in the middle. When my husband and I go to bed we automatically roll to middle. I called Bestway. They really didn't wanna do anything, I finally called Serta and explained all this. Now its May 24th (almost 7 months later). WE STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED A MATTRESS. I'm through, I might mess my credit up, but I'm sending this mattress back and will not pay another payment, I will be getting a lawyer. DO NOT BUY A SERTA MATTRESS!!!!

Serta Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Serta has been making quality mattresses for over 80 years and has been recognized and awarded for its products. It is committed to being environmentally responsible in manufacturing and production. Serta and Simmons are now the same company.

• Variety: The Serta perfect sleeper is the lower cost line which is great for light use or occasional use. The better model is the iComfort Series (introduction of foam and gel).

• Retail stores: Serta has a number of retail stores around the country where consumers can test out the mattresses before deciding which one to purchase.

• Support: It has excellent customer support, both when purchasing mattresses online and in retail stores.

• Financing: Customers can finance their purchases and can get 0 percent APR for up to 60 months in certain cases.

• Best for: Serta mattresses are best for eco-friendly, parents and professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Serta Mattress Company Information