3.2/5 (146 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Top Serta Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mat...

Verified

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. T...

What is Serta?

Serta offers several mattress types, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid, and sizes from twin to California king. Serta also sells pillows, sheets, crib mattresses and pet beds. All mattresses bought on Serta.com come with a 120-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty.

Serta mattresses have gel memory foam that keeps you cool while you sleep and helps relieve aches and pains. Most models are available in plush, medium, firm and extra-firm to provide the level of support that’s best for your sleep position. Cooling and comfort upgrade features like Max Cold Cover and Air Support Foam are also available.

Serta mattress prices

Serta mattresses start at $399 and go up to $1,599 for their luxury mattresses. The size and model of the mattress influence the cost.

Serta modelTwinFullQueenKing
Mattress in a Box$399$549$599$799
Perfect Sleeper$399 - $999$479 - $1,079$499 - $1,099$699 - $1,499
iComfort$759$1,049$1,199$1,599

Financing is available with three-, six- and 12-month terms. Standard shipping is free when you order from Serta.com but does not include installation or removing your old mattress. Serta also offers white-glove delivery for $150, which includes installation and old mattress removal.

Serta mattress models

Serta mattress models include the Perfect Sleeper, iComfort, iSeries and Mattress in a Box.

• Serta Perfect Sleeper: The Perfect Sleeper provides pressure point relief, a supportive coil system that reduces motion transfer and cooling gel foam that eliminates excess heat. Perfect Sleeper mattresses are available in innerspring, memory foam and hybrid models. They also come in firm, Euro-top and plush support.
  • Serta iComfort: The design of the Serta iComfort keeps you cool while sleeping. The iComfort mattress comes with multilayered mattress-cooling foam technology that is highly supportive and breathable. It dispels heat and regulates body temperature for a cool, comfortable nights' rest. The iComfort comes in several models: plush, medium, firm and extra-firm. Some models come with a Max Cold Cover that is cool to the touch and Air Support Foam that provides relief from aches and pains.
  • Serta Mattress in a Box: Serta Mattress in a Box comes conveniently packaged in a box you pick up at your local Serta retailer. You can also order online for delivery to your door. The mattress is ready to use in minutes and comes in two models: Perfect Sleeper Express and Serta Premium. Both models offer sizes from twin to king, and the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch also comes in twin XL and California king. Serta Mattress in a Box has gel-infused memory foam and a breathable knit cover.
  • Serta iSeries: Serta iSeries mattresses combine memory foam technology and an advanced coil system to provide comfort and support. The Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam maintains the right amount of pressure on your body and reduces body heat buildup, while the 886 Pro-Support Coil System adapts to your movements throughout the night. iSeries mattresses also have a HyperFeel Surface cover fabric that is cooling, comforting and supportive. Serta iSeries is only available at retailers, and prices vary.

Serta beds FAQ

How much are Serta mattresses?
Serta mattresses cost between $399 and $1,599 or more, depending on the model and size you choose. Upgrades to cooling and comfort features on Serta iComfort models cost extra.
Who sells Serta mattresses?
You can buy a Serta mattress from Serta.com as well as authorized Serta retailers such as JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Big Lots, Macy’s and Sears. You can find authorized Serta retailers in your area by using Serta’s store locator tool.
Where are Serta mattresses made?
Serta mattresses are made in the U.S. at Serta’s 28 manufacturing plants across the country. Serta is the largest bedding manufacturer in North America and provides jobs to more than 5,000 workers in the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
Do Serta mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, all Serta mattresses come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials for up to 20 years. There are a few exclusions on covers and handles on most mattresses.

Is Serta a good mattress?

Serta offers a variety of models with varying options, features and sizes to meet the needs of just about any sleeper. Customers appreciate that Serta provides a 120-night sleep trial warranty on all mattresses purchased online, plus financing options and free standard delivery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: June 26, 2022

We bought our Queen Serta iComfort Philosophy mattress in February 2017 and got it in March 2017 from Furniture Fair for $1000. After only 5 yrs the mattress is totally JUNK!!! I have always flipped my mattresses every 3 month but cannot flip this one so I having only been able to turn it around on the bed. Despite turning the mattress every 3 months the mattress had started caving in and collapsing on the sides to the point it will dump you off the bed. You cannot sit on it.

After turning it a few weeks ago it had a big collapse on my husband's side of the bed. He is 6'5" but not heavy set. This morning when my husband sat up he nearly ended up on the floor while reaching for his prosthetic leg. I have had mattresses and flipped them all my life. Never have I had one do this! The last mattress we had 15 yrs. But then again I've never had a mattress with memory foam. I feel Serta is totally taking advantage of buyers! They have to KNOW there is a problem with their product yet keep selling it. I am currently waiting to hear back from the company I bought it from. I had to leave a message. I doubt there will be anything done about this. I have photos for documentation.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We have a Serta savant ever feel firm bed and it has a big dip/impression. It is in warranty and had an inspector come out to review. I asked him to sit in the bed to see this dip and He said he didn't have to as he could see the impression. He filled the report out and it was Denied. Serta said it couldn't see any impressions per the photo. What? What did their inspector say? Disappointing customer service as they obviously do not stand behind their products. Count me out as a customer.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Bought SERTA mattress from Big lots. Got it home and sinking in middle after a few weeks. Called Big Lots told me to call SERTA. Called SERTA. Told me to call Big Lots. No response. Do not buy SERTA. Do not stand behind product.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I assumed SERTA had a good product, I needed a very firm mattress due to some back weakness. I got a rather expensive extra firm twin SERTA Perfect Sleeper mattress and it was fine for the first few months. I only weigh 135 pounds and soon began to sense the mattress was turning into a soup bowl. It kept getting worse. The only way I could get the firmness I needed was to try to sleep right on the mattress edge where it was still quite firm. And then I was about falling off the bed.

I flipped it over to see if using it upside down would help and it did for about a month, but that too became a soup bowl, like what you would expect in a cheap motel. I went back to where I bought it and their lame excuse was that the firmness does break down some with time. Really! Just a half year and as light as I am? They said they would stand behind it if it sagged 1 1/2” below the level line from edge to edge. What a joke that is. The sagging happens when skinny me lies on it. It does not show much sag with no weight on it. I’m totally disgusted with this mattress. If you need a firm mattress, DO NOT BUY SERTA!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I purchased a new Serta mattress online from Dealbeds website. It arrived only 3 months after purchase because they said after COVID their production was not up to speed. After its arrived it felt a little strange as I was sinking in. I am sleeping alone and my weight is only 150 lbs. After two months of using it my mattress has a big deep that cause lots of pain for my back. Customer service denied to exchange my mattress as they said I need to buy a new spring box because mine's warranty expired several months ago. My old spring box is just fine, it's basically a wooden box covered with cloth, nothing is broken and I do not want to spend money on the new one. The mattress I bought can be used without a spring box, or at least it is said right there on the label. Customer service said that I need to buy a different bed if I do not want to buy a new spring box (my bed is less than 1 year old).

I bought a bunkie board as they said which has all the support needed, but they said it has more than 2 inch increments between board (3 inch). None of their warranty documents stated that rule about 2 inches. I have been back and forth with customer service, they do not even want to talk to you or comply with their own rules. Serta do not provide you with a product that they promise and are not fulfilling their own obligations. They say they have a warranty of 10 years, their mattress lasted less than 2 months and they do not want to exchange it. Needless to say I would never buy a serta mattress again, and would not to recommend it to anybody.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I bought a Serta Mattress 3 years ago and it is already junk. It has deep depressions and no support. I contacted the warranty department and was very dissatisfied. Not all Serta mattresses are bad just this one. I had to disassemble the bed numerous times to supply pictures they kept asking for. All I got was the run around and no satisfaction. I was even told that my claim was denied because my pictures were not in color. I re-submitted and was denied again. Every single person I showed these pictures to was totally surprised that the warranty was not honored. I will never buy one of their products again. Anyone can offer a warranty, where you shine is how you handle it. VERY UNHAPPY.

Original review: March 2, 2022

We bought our adjustable Serta mattress queen size set 03/03/2012. We paid $3600 for the whole set. It is the memory foam IComfort with "cooling gel." Their warranty says if it gets impressions more than 3/4 of an inch the warranty will cover it. However when buying the product never mention that if it gets stains in any way shape or form the warranty won't cover it. Meaning as it's advertised as a cooling mattress but if someone sweats on it the warranty won't cover it. That's very sad, well never buy serta again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I purchased a Serta memory foam just over 6 years ago. It supposedly had a 20 year warranty. I started having issues with it a little over a year ago. First issue I had is poor craftsmanship with the zippers that are basically holding on the cover for the foam from manufacturer. Poor design in my opinion. I've also always kept the required mattress protector on it as well. The mattress protector is actually what helped keep the foam cover on this last year. I have a Captain's bed which has enough slats that I've always been told you don't need a box spring. This is my second Captain's bed and 3rd mattress used on them. The first 2 were spring styled beds and they lasted considerably longer.

Serta's response for denial of claim was that my bed frame needed a Bunkie board or plywood? Why is I need this when both my other beds last 8 plus years. I feel they do these little loopholes so they don't have to honor their warranties. I understand as a company they don't want to give out free product but make better products. Then there wouldn't be so many complaints. Also Serta definitely needs to improve the warranty process. It took me a couple months just to get an answer. Then once I got it no one would explain the issues very clearly. So 3 months later I finally get an answer. My opinion would be stay away from Serta. I will never do any business with them ever again because of this incident.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

This is the 2nd mattress and see the photos I am uploading and keep in mind, I still do not have any help on this. I have been going around in circles with this company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CO, THEY ALSO own SERTA.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased an iComfort mattress and adjustable frame. We purchased two king size extra long mattresses and frames. They came with a twenty five year warranty. My mattress recently failed. After a lot of back and forth I finally got them to send someone out to check out the mattress. They did find it to be failed. Serta then responded that they would order a new mattress. After quite a long wait they e-mailed me with release forms to sign in order to get my replacement mattress. I assumed that with the information from my original purchase that the comfort/firmness level of my mattress would be like my original. I was not given the choice to go to a local store and choose my mattress. I signed the release saying that there was no guarantee of replacement for comfort. I signed it feeling that it was a formality.

All the while I assumed it would be like the original. My husband's side of the bed had already failed and been replaced. His was just like the original so I had no reason to think mine would be any different. The mattress they sent me is horrible. It is like sleeping on concrete. I cannot even sleep a full night on it. It is really bad. After three e-mails to them I have had no resolve. Their respond is there is no comfort guarantee. They recommend I buy a mattress topper for my very expensive mattress. We paid $ 6000.00 for our complete bed set. This bed comes with a 25 year warranty. I don't recall the first replacement of my husband's side being told that you get whatever they send. I feel like this is unacceptable. I will never buy another Serta product of any kind. I will also tell everyone I know not to buy from Serta.

Very Unhappy Serta Customer