Shop Now

3.8/5 (323 ratings)

About Serta Mattress

Serta mattresses are available in a variety of models, features and types, including innerspring, memory foam and hybrid. The company offers financing options, long warranties and free standard shipping, but installation is not included with standard shipping.

Pros

• Financing plans
  • Free standard shipping
  • Long warranties

Cons

• Charges extra for white-glove delivery
  • Less durability

Bottom Line

Serta mattresses come in a range of models and comfort levels. Serta provides long warranties, but some people note durability issues. Standard shipping is free when you order online but doesn't include installation.

Top Serta Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mat...

Verified

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. T...

What is Serta?

Serta offers several mattress types, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid, and sizes from twin to California king. Serta also sells pillows, sheets, crib mattresses and pet beds. All mattresses bought on Serta.com come with a 120-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty.

Serta mattresses have gel memory foam that keeps you cool while you sleep and helps relieve aches and pains. Most models are available in plush, medium, firm and extra-firm to provide the level of support that’s best for your sleep position. Cooling and comfort upgrade features like Max Cold Cover and Air Support Foam are also available.

Serta mattress prices

Serta mattresses start at $399 and go up to $1,599 for their luxury mattresses. The size and model of the mattress influence the cost.

Serta modelTwinFullQueenKing
Mattress in a Box$399$549$599$799
Perfect Sleeper$399 - $999$479 - $1,079$499 - $1,099$699 - $1,499
iComfort$759$1,049$1,199$1,599

Financing is available with three-, six- and 12-month terms. Standard shipping is free when you order from Serta.com but does not include installation or removing your old mattress. Serta also offers white-glove delivery for $150, which includes installation and old mattress removal.

Serta mattress models

Serta mattress models include the Perfect Sleeper, iComfort, iSeries and Mattress in a Box.

• Serta Perfect Sleeper: The Perfect Sleeper provides pressure point relief, a supportive coil system that reduces motion transfer and cooling gel foam that eliminates excess heat. Perfect Sleeper mattresses are available in innerspring, memory foam and hybrid models. They also come in firm, Euro-top and plush support.
  • Serta iComfort: The design of the Serta iComfort keeps you cool while sleeping. The iComfort mattress comes with multilayered mattress-cooling foam technology that is highly supportive and breathable. It dispels heat and regulates body temperature for a cool, comfortable nights' rest. The iComfort comes in several models: plush, medium, firm and extra-firm. Some models come with a Max Cold Cover that is cool to the touch and Air Support Foam that provides relief from aches and pains.
  • Serta Mattress in a Box: Serta Mattress in a Box comes conveniently packaged in a box you pick up at your local Serta retailer. You can also order online for delivery to your door. The mattress is ready to use in minutes and comes in two models: Perfect Sleeper Express and Serta Premium. Both models offer sizes from twin to king, and the Perfect Sleeper Express 10 inch also comes in twin XL and California king. Serta Mattress in a Box has gel-infused memory foam and a breathable knit cover.
  • Serta iSeries: Serta iSeries mattresses combine memory foam technology and an advanced coil system to provide comfort and support. The Cool Reaction Gel Memory Foam maintains the right amount of pressure on your body and reduces body heat buildup, while the 886 Pro-Support Coil System adapts to your movements throughout the night. iSeries mattresses also have a HyperFeel Surface cover fabric that is cooling, comforting and supportive. Serta iSeries is only available at retailers, and prices vary.

Serta beds FAQ

How much are Serta mattresses?
Serta mattresses cost between $399 and $1,599 or more, depending on the model and size you choose. Upgrades to cooling and comfort features on Serta iComfort models cost extra.
Who sells Serta mattresses?
You can buy a Serta mattress from Serta.com as well as authorized Serta retailers such as JCPenney, Sam’s Club, Big Lots, Macy’s and Sears. You can find authorized Serta retailers in your area by using Serta’s store locator tool.
Where are Serta mattresses made?
Serta mattresses are made in the U.S. at Serta’s 28 manufacturing plants across the country. Serta is the largest bedding manufacturer in North America and provides jobs to more than 5,000 workers in the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
Do Serta mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, all Serta mattresses come with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials for up to 20 years. There are a few exclusions on covers and handles on most mattresses.

Is Serta a good mattress?

Serta offers a variety of models with varying options, features and sizes to meet the needs of just about any sleeper. Customers appreciate that Serta provides a 120-night sleep trial warranty on all mattresses purchased online, plus financing options and free standard delivery.

Serta Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: June 20, 2021

Great warranty. Had a bad quality expensive mattress and they processed and inspected and confirmed. They replaced it with same value of new mattress. Key is to get extra firm but soft mattress and buy and put 2-3" memory foam on it before putting the sheet on them. You can replace memory foam every 4-5 years but leave expensive extra firm mattress alone.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The mattress is not the worst, but not the greatest. I feel that it sinks too much as you sleep. I called them about this when it was first purchased. They did come out and measure how much it sinks. It apparently passed the test of sinking TOO much and brought me out a different mattress (same as I had). It really and truly isn’t any different. I just kept it and I sleep on it every night. Would I buy the mattress again, no. I am researching mattresses now to get some thoughts on what I might want next time.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I HAVEN'T SLEPT THIS GOOD IN YEARS!! My back doesn't hurt in the mornings anymore. I wake up rested after falling into deep sleeps. I can turn over without any more hip pain. I purchased the FIRM QUEEN and it is the best purchase I have made in a very long time. Well worth the money. Purchased from Big Lots. Very very pleased.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We bought the bed only 2 years ago and it's already too soft. I don't feel like the life of the mattress is as good as other brands. Luckily we got it on a good deal so it hurts less having to go buy another new bed so soon.

Original review: June 12, 2021

When we purchased our new home 2 years ago, we decided to move towards better quality mattresses and an adjustable frame. We have been nothing but happy with our choices to move in this direction. Our quality of rest greatly increased due to these choices. The mattress is not overly firm nor soft. It just assumes the body and allows you to relax and fall into a deep sleep. We would highly recommend Serta to anyone looking to improve their quality of sleep.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

This is the 2nd mattress and see the photos I am uploading and keep in mind, I still do not have any help on this. I have been going around in circles with this company. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS CO, THEY ALSO own SERTA.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased an iComfort mattress and adjustable frame. We purchased two king size extra long mattresses and frames. They came with a twenty five year warranty. My mattress recently failed. After a lot of back and forth I finally got them to send someone out to check out the mattress. They did find it to be failed. Serta then responded that they would order a new mattress. After quite a long wait they e-mailed me with release forms to sign in order to get my replacement mattress. I assumed that with the information from my original purchase that the comfort/firmness level of my mattress would be like my original. I was not given the choice to go to a local store and choose my mattress. I signed the release saying that there was no guarantee of replacement for comfort. I signed it feeling that it was a formality.

All the while I assumed it would be like the original. My husband's side of the bed had already failed and been replaced. His was just like the original so I had no reason to think mine would be any different. The mattress they sent me is horrible. It is like sleeping on concrete. I cannot even sleep a full night on it. It is really bad. After three e-mails to them I have had no resolve. Their respond is there is no comfort guarantee. They recommend I buy a mattress topper for my very expensive mattress. We paid $ 6000.00 for our complete bed set. This bed comes with a 25 year warranty. I don't recall the first replacement of my husband's side being told that you get whatever they send. I feel like this is unacceptable. I will never buy another Serta product of any kind. I will also tell everyone I know not to buy from Serta.

Very Unhappy Serta Customer

Gay

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I purchased a Serta mattress Perfectsleeper Elite in January 2020. I only slept on it intermittently. Maybe totaling 2-3 months from March 2020 to June of 2021. I immediately noticed that in just a couple of days the side I slept on was starting to get uncomfortable from deep body impressions. From June 2021 until now (January of 2022) the mattress is sagging from head to toe straight down the middle so bad I roll into it and it literally takes effort to get out. And when I sleep on my side facing the middle of the bed my body tilts towards the middle twisting my lower back because it’s sagging so bad. I don’t sleep in the middle of the bed, only on the sides and I weigh between 110-115 lbs and sleep alone.

I bought a platform bed when I bought the mattress and I was told it would help prevent sagging as it got older. Apparently this is so very untrue. Had the pandemic not come along and I was able to stay at my home in another state, I would have found this out within the first couple of weeks of sleeping on it. I would have returned this crappy bed back so fast!!

I’m unfortunately stuck with an absolutely worthless, extremely uncomfortable and very painful mattress. I wake up with horrible back pain from my lower back twisting towards the sagging middle every time I sleep on this bed. Why would a $1400 mattress sag in the middle in just 6 full months of use? I don’t even sleep in that area? The sides I sleep on have deep indentations from where I do sleep which makes me have to switch to the other side of the bed every week. I have never slept on a mattress that is so uncomfortable. It’s supposed to be a soft plush yet firm mattress. Absolutely does not fit that description at all!!

After finally sleeping on it for a few weeks straight it started sagging. I even flipped it over and tried sleeping on the unpadded side. That side also started to get a deep sagging in the middle after only a couple weeks!! I however didn’t have the problem with leaving deep uncomfortable body impressions though. So, sleeping on the mattress for only a month I called to see if I could return it or get a replacement thinking it may have been defective. Since July 2021 I have spoken to 3 customer service representatives that were beyond rude and condescending. One woman actually went as far as saying this sounds like something you did to the mattress. (What could I possibly do to a mattress to cause it to sag after sleeping in it for a month? Even if I slept 2years in it I couldn’t cause a sag straight down the middle.) All 3 of the reps I spoke with provided terrible customer service and a we could care less attitude.

However, I’m sure they receive a large amount of calls from people that are extremely unsatisfied with their purchase. So? Most likely Serta could care less since they seem to have been selling uncomfortable poor quality mattresses for quite some time. If you haven’t purchased one yet? I suggest you don’t. I purchased a mattress at Goodwill for $20 as a teenager that now seems like a heavenly cloud in comparison. By far the most worthless purchase I have ever made!! Don’t buy unless you’re getting this for someone you absolutely hate.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I ordered a mattress from SERTA on 5/31/2021 and was told I would receive it by 6/30/2021. It never came in so I called and they said the carrier lost it. They charged my card in July when they said they originally shipped it. They told me they would ship me replacement soon. I called back on, was told they would ship out a replacement on 8/13/2021. I just had XPO try to pick up my old mattress and when asked where the new one was they said SERTA never shipped it. I called SERTA again and they said they never shipped it and I will have to wait longer for a new ship date. I asked for a manager for the 3rd time and was told one is not available for me.

I now have asked for a refund since it has been 2 months since I have paid and they have no solution for me to get a mattress from this company. Horrible service that treats their customers horribly and takes money and doesn't deliver on their word in 3 months. I am shocked they are still in business. Don't normally write reviews but I am for this horrible service. STAY AWAY FROM SERTA SINCE YOU WILL GET CHARGED AND NOT RECEIVE A PRODUCT FOR MONTHS.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I loved, loved the mattress...in 2015 when I bought it. So it seemed like I must be imagining it when I felt like I was going to roll right out of it onto the floor in under a year! It’s been progressively getting worse since then. I now require medical attention for my back and can no longer walk more than the width of three houses or carry my ten pound dog. I wish I had found these reviews sooner instead of later. I will be checking them in the future before making any large purchases.

Serta Mattress Company Information