2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

Serta Mattress Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

We purchased a mattress 2 years ago and it is sagging on one side. We are not large people.... The inspector who doesn’t work for them admitted that it was bad. In fact they no longer make this mattress. Luckily the vendors are rectifying the situation. However, our story is not unique.. Person after person Facebook complain of the same thing and they deleted my comments and blocked, me from commenting.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We ordered this from Sam's Club in Moore, OK as they didn't have it in stock. Ordered August 8, 2019. It is already sagging (my husband weighs 160, I weigh 145). There is a hump in the center of the mattress. Registered warranty info with Serta, they said I had to contact Sam's. Why should I contact Sam's? The mattress was made by Serta and warranty was registered with Serta. This will be the last Serta mattress we will purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We purchased our Serta iComfort Temptouch from Mattress Firm back in 9/17. We put in a warranty claim 1/20 for sleeping in indentations with a hill in the middle. It is uncomfortable. It is awful. We were denied because the pics of the measurements meet the mfg's standards. OH COME ON! We are paying on this mattress for the next few years and it is a piece of **. I feel we have been screwed out of our money and left paying on a bed we despise and is greatly uncomfortable. Serta needs to get a reality check and realize that when people spend their hard earned money on something they expect a little consideration, especially when they are left with aching backs and necks every morning.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Bought an Icomfort Collection King Size bed. Purchased 03/2012. It has sunk almost a 1/2". When you lay on it, it sinks and huge hump in middle. Called Serta and they said it has to be 1 1/2 depth. On website it says 3/4". Trying to deal with Serta is a nightmare. Stay away from SERTA.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

It was my first time that I bought the Serta mattress from online. But mattress quality was very bad. After using a week later, my mattress got a big hole. **. Never buy it, please. If you buy it, you would feel regret. There is no way to complain about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

We have had nothing but trouble with Serta mattresses over the past five years. Every one has collapsed, and we're both under 200 pounds, so they should not be collapsing under us. When you finally decide it's bad enough you can't stand it, be prepared to shell out a couple hundred bucks for an inspection and shipment on the replacement. Once your replacement arrives, it will immediately begin collapsing as well. However, after the month of hassle, you'll decide to put up with it for another year or two before it's so bad, neither of you can get a decent night's sleep anymore. Then, if you had two pillow top mattresses like us, you'll agree to take a cheaper mattress in hopes that one without a pillow top won't collapse. You'll be wrong.

Our current warranty replacement isn't even two months old. However, since we went without a pillow top, the depressions in the bed are far worse on our backs. My wife wakes up in terrible pain and can barely lift our three toddlers. We told Serta we just want our money back because we bought believe they can make a decent mattress. Today they told us there's no manufacturing defect, and our bed did displaying normal body impressions under 1.5 inches. The corners are raised significantly. Even going across the lower middle. I easily measured over 1.5 inches. They're flat out lying because they don't want to give us our money back, but we're not going to pay a could hundred bucks for another mattress that will collapse right away on us again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

My son purchased this matress 8 months ago and 3 months ago we were moving his furniture around. We turned mattress up against wall and I could see something through bottom of cover. Unzipped it and there's a 2ft x 2ft area of mold. There has never been any liquids spilt and there are no watermark's on base or bottom fabric. The mattress came in a plastic wrap and I'm assuming in trapped moisture in when packaged. Serta says they don't cover mold because it's an environmental issue. This mattress obviously came this way and their warranty states it cover problems coming from factory but they are sticking to it be owners fault and won't even send someone out to inspect. Probably because they know it will prove it came from within the foam after packaging. So my son paid 800 for a matress he now has to throw away! I would never buy Serta!

Original review: April 16, 2019

After dealing with sciatica and shoulder pain, both which were aggravated by sleeping positions, I bought the ICOMFORT adjustable, vibrating bed. I LOVE IT! When I sleep on my right side, which is my normal position, my right shoulder would keep me awake, until I adjusted the bed to zero gravity, and that allowed me to stay on my back and sleep comfortably. A small pillow made to slip between my legs keeps my back aligned, which helps sciatic nerve pain.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The perfect sleeper is a great product by Serta and priced at an affordable level. I have had terrible soreness in the morning for many years because of poor quality mattresses. The Serta perfect sleeper now lets me wake up feeling well rested and ready for the day, and I’m completely pain free in the morning.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I needed a new mattress and box springs about eight years ago. After rejecting foam mattresses (too hot) and adjustable beds (too expensive), I decided a mid-range traditional mattress was the way to go. So far, no complaints and I sleep comfortably.

Not sure about Serta Mattress?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

Serta Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Serta has been making quality mattresses for over 80 years and has been recognized and awarded for its products. It is committed to being environmentally responsible in manufacturing and production. Serta and Simmons are now the same company.

• Variety: The Serta perfect sleeper is the lower cost line which is great for light use or occasional use. The better model is the iComfort Series (introduction of foam and gel).

• Retail stores: Serta has a number of retail stores around the country where consumers can test out the mattresses before deciding which one to purchase.

• Support: It has excellent customer support, both when purchasing mattresses online and in retail stores.

• Financing: Customers can finance their purchases and can get 0 percent APR for up to 60 months in certain cases.

• Best for: Serta mattresses are best for eco-friendly, parents and professionals.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Serta Mattress Company Information