Serta Mattress

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After what l thought was carefully deciding to purchase a brand new Serta Mattress and Box Spring only to be totally unhappy and sadly becoming sickened after trying to sleep on my new mattress and box spring. The chemical smell is so bad still yet after 10 days of airing out. l feel nauseous, headaches, and sore throats. Calls to the manufacturing company was a big void. I will never ever buy another Serta product again. The chemical smell is obnoxious.

Savant III Plush Mattress (with adjustable base) - I'm writing this review after yet another sleepless night because of pain. We bought our new bed at RC Willey and it felt great in the store!! Right away my husband and I had a hard time sleeping in it but thought okay new bed it might take a minute to get used to. Tossing and turning, waking up throughout the night with hand, leg, foot numbness and tingling. Waking up with back pain and feeling exhausted from fighting with our bed all night. I wish I had found these reviews first.

I am only 43 & we bought this bed around Black Friday. Well in Oct/Nov I woke up one morning with a kink in my neck and thought I just slept wrong. Nope. It's gotten way worse at a rapid pace. I have severe spinal stenosis along with about 6 other spine disorders. I will show my husband this site when he wakes. I'm getting rid of it immediately. I do feel tortured every night! Yes class action lawsuit please!!! I have actually woke up crying several times. I had no idea a bad mattress could ruin your health so fast and so bad.

Me and my wife bought a iComfort Memory Foam mattress 4 years ago. Well it broke down to a big hole. So we finally got approved for a new one after my wife fought with Serta for 2 months. So we got the new one iComfort Hybrid Extra Firm for my back issues. We have had this bed for 1 month. It's already getting holes in it where you sink down. I advise would be don't buy, they are not worth all the money you pay for them. I have had better beds for a lot less.

We bought the I-series Applause Serta mattress, considered from the salesman of Sears as a firm mattress. It cost about $1300. When it delivered I thought it was a different one from the one I tested at Sears. It was soft and my husband and I are sinking when we sleep. Our back pain is worse and really we are very disappointed. It is a fraud to sell a firm mattress and realize that is so soft that you sink and you have to toss all night!!! The inspection process is ridiculous. They ask photos without nobody on the top to show it sinks on its own. So after I lost a lot of time taking pictures, sending to the customer service they reply to me that I cannot prove what I am saying and cannot reimburse me. I felt like I was going to turn crazy. We try to think what we could do to avoid spend more money to buy a new mattress. Any idea??? DON'T BUY SERTA MATTRESS AND SPECIALLY FROM SEARS!!! THEY WANT ONLY TO SELL!!!

This iComfort Savant Everfeel mattress should be recalled. My husband and I bought this mattress a year ago and we have not had a good night's sleep since. Additionally, we both are having back issues now and are very uncomfortable at night. We are now in the process of buying a new mattress and basically throwing away the $2000 that we spent on the mattress. However our health is more important than the money and getting a good night's sleep is what we're really truly looking forward to. There's absolutely no support in this mattress and I feel that it should be recalled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serta Mattress?

Purchased this Serta inner spring mattress on Black Friday 2016. It is now March 2017. A bit over 3 months of sleeping on it, and the sewing threads are coming loose all over the top and sides of the mattress. I sleep alone, I'm about 5'11" tall and weigh 160 pounds. The mattress is always covered with a bedspreads, so no body contact with the mattress material. And yet the threads are coming off by the handful. If after 3 months the threads are coming loose all over, I cannot see this mattress lasting longer than a year! The Serta warranty is worthless, it only covers the springs breaking and/or the mattress sagging, anything else is not covered. Total junk. For what it's worth, this mattress replaced a 20+ year old Simmons inner spring. Instead of throwing out the old mattress I put it in the spare bedroom. I'm now glad I did, I have a feeling I'm going to go back to that old mattress before the year ends! Serta scammed me.

I purchased the Serta Perfect Sleeper Gel Memory Foam Lorabelle Mattress from American Mattress and the chemical off-gassing odor has become unbearable. I have allowed this mattress to air out for 96 hours since purchase and the fumes only seem to be getting worse. The chemical odor has permeated my entire residence and is making me nauseous. I contacted Serta and they recommended that I sprinkle baking soda on the mattress and let it sit for 30 minutes, but that made no difference. I am returning this mattress. DO NOT BUY THIS MATTRESS.

Bought a Perfect Sleeper mattress and box spring from The Firm three months ago. It cost about a thousand dollars, after taxes. I weigh 175 pounds. I tried this bed a few times in a few different stores. When it delivered, I thought they had sent the wrong one. In the store the mattress was made with memory foam. Pretty firm. Felt supported. This one was made of foam. Foam foam. I checked the tags. Seemed to be the same. Didn't know what to think. Felt like I was going crazy.

The mattress is very light and continually shifts off the box springs. At least a couple of times a night I get up to push it back on to the box spring. When I lie on my back, my back hurts. When I lie on my side, my hips hurt. Thus I toss and turn all night (all the while shifting the mattress off the box spring). I did not have back or hip pain prior to getting this bed.

The orthopedic dog bed is beautiful & fits my dog great but all the fabric sheds everywhere. It seems it's not attached or glued. You can rub your hand over it and it pulls up & leaves a bare spot. This is only on the inside where the dog sleeps. The outside is ok. It is made of corduroy. Each time the dog gets out of the bed & walks on my carpet the stuff falls off of him & I have to vacuum. For over $50.00 this should not happen. Who says Serta is the best???

Great mattress for the first 6 months, then support degrade after that. I suffer from back pain so the i-Comfort Hybrid series in firm (Fundamental model) seemed like an ideal replacement for my 10-year-old inner spring Sealy mattress. Eventually you'll sink into a hole as the memory foam upper doesn't hold up. My wife and I now have a 'hill' down the middle of the mattress that limits your sleeping space to your own body cavity hole. I had 2 different inspectors come out from Serta and they both used their measuring tools to come to the conclusion that the bed is not defective and is within the warranty allowances. Yet I continue to sleep in my confined hole and am now considering taking this POS to the dump and eating a good amount of money.

The inspection process was such a waste of time. I spent $1,650 on this set and it's barely a year old. Don't fall for the 100-day satisfaction sleep guarantee because 100 days is not nearly enough time to give a true assessment. I'll never buy another Serta Mattress since they obviously don't care to stand behind their claims that i-Comfort Series is "revolutionary" and is worth the good money I paid for it. Don't fall for the Consumer Reports review that gave it a shining review. This experience has shown me that CR is no longer a good source for researching products before I purchase.

NEW SERTA MATTRESS purchased on 12/31/2016. Mattress defective upon delivery (but delivery guys rushed out). I contacted MATTRESS WAREHOUSE, and Serta was contacted. They agreed to send a SECOND MATTRESS out. This SECOND mattress had same defect (valley / sinking in middle from head to foot). MATTRESS WAREHOUSE contacted again, and salesman told me for the 4 time that I can get a full refund. They changed their mind (if this was even the truth), and offered a THIRD MATTRESS. I declined, and the salesman told me a full refund would be ok. District Manager said no to the refund (he didn't have authorization... WHAT???).

Customer service for Mattress Warehouse was so rude and wouldn't help. SERTA REP DIDN'T RETURN CALLS. I have filed a complaint with my credit card, the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, and the STATE'S ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR CONSUMER PROTECTION. Do NOT purchase from MATTRESS WAREHOUSE in LAUREL, MD. The only care about their $$$... not customers. SERTA products are not good, and they do not stand behind their "brand". BUYER BEWARE.

We owned the Serta Prodigy II iComfort mattress less than a year when it started developing holes that we were sleeping in. We were both waking up with back pain and I developed a hip problem which has now turned into some very bad sciatica. I can no longer sleep on it. We paid about $2100.00 for it at Godby Furniture. When we complained to them they had someone come out and look at it. It was determined to be defective and luckily we are getting a replacement. I'm so disappointed in this and now I'm afraid by getting a replacement it will do the same thing and then nothing will be done about it. We have had an iComfort before this one for about three years but never had an issue with it. Our son now has it and it's fine. I feel it's just this Prodigy model. Please Serta take note!

I purchased my first Serta Savant lll mattress on 1/15/17. The odor from the off gassing was so toxic that when I entered my master bedroom I instantly felt nauseous & had serious headaches. My wife experienced the same problem. I searched every article available on Memory Foam mattresses and was told the strong toxic odor would dissipate in a couple of days. I took all of the bedding off, opened all windows and let it air out for 3 days. The smell only got worse.

I went back to Sit 'n Sleep and was shipped a new bed immediately. Good customer service. The exact thing happened on the replacement bed. Finally after another week I went down to Sit 'n Sleep and was given a full refund. Good service. After searching through the internet I found exactly what I was looking for, Saatva. I normally would not buy a mattress online but I was desperate. I received my Saatva on time, no odor, half the price and the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in.

After months of research and in-store exploration, we settled on the Serta icomfort F500. Price was $3699 before the foundation. We had an all latex mattress for 14 years and it was wonderful. But over time, it started to break down and needed to be replaced. You can't go to a brick and mortar store and find an all latex mattress so we ordered one online like last time. Only this one was not made with the same quality and it was too jiggly so we returned it at much expense and hassle. After that experience we REALLY do not want to have to return another mattress but the Serta icomfort F500 has to go. We have had it for about 6 weeks.

The first two weeks we really liked it and were relieved. But after that my arms and hands started to tingle and go to sleep after several minutes. I'm a side sleeper and I can feel the trigger points in my shoulders and hips. We specifically got the softest version (which was also the most expensive) because I had experienced numb arms in the past when sleeping on a hard mattress. We thought the soft version would keep our arms/hands from going to sleep but we were wrong. It's like you sink into the bed when sleeping on your side and instead of your shoulders sinking in as well they are somewhat at a different angle that puts pressure on your arms. I agree with the other reviewers that it's like you are in a hole and it can be almost impossible to roll over, especially toward the middle.

The other night I was home alone and specifically attempted to sleep in the very middle of the bed and it was like I was on a hump after only having it for about 6 weeks. If we lie on our backs, the bed is fairly comfortable but for side sleeping it is not good at all. Even if we try to lie on our backs all night it seems like we wake up with lower back pain. I just wouldn't recommend this mattress because there has got to be a better way to sleep than being awakened all night due to numb arms. I don't have the answer. I wish I did because I would gladly return this and buy something else. Any suggestions are welcome!

Wish I would have seen these reviews before I purchased a $2,100 Serta iComfort memory foam mattress. What a POS. I cannot believe they sell this junk. Sleeping in a "hole" cannot roll out. Sometimes I feel trapped. Please do not purchase this product!

Purchased from QVC, the Idolize model. See receipt, purchased in June 2016. It has been six months and the Idolize mattress has my body impression on both sides now from turning the mattress. I have hip and back pain from sleeping on this mattress. I am afraid that contacting Serta will result in no assistance, as I have read other comments and complaints. DO NOT BUY SERTA. This bed is cheaply made. I can lift the mattress and turn it myself, it's so lightweight and cheap. I am extremely disappointed. Cannot leave a review on QVC as the bed is no longer offered. I will however contact customer service at QVC as well.

My husband and I purchased the Boutique Suites 9" mattress and foundation in April, 2015. Initially, the mattress was comfortable. However, it was soon apparent that it was causing significant back issues to the point of being disabling. I contacted Serta but they had nothing to offer since the grace period had just ended. (For $1900 one would expect better customer service!) There are dips in the mattress where my husband and I sleep. The mattress is okay for one person, but it is terrible for two because we roll into the center. I try to sleep right on the outside edge of the mattress. It is so uncomfortable that I sometimes sleep on the couch instead. Honestly, the floor would be more comfortable than this mattress! I will never purchase another Serta mattress again!

We were so excited about our iComfort mattress when we first purchased it. It was so comfortable for the first few months and then, I began to notice I was waking up in the morning with severe low back pain. I didn't realize at the time how the mattress had actually broken down, and the indentation in the bed where I had been lying. I finally realized that as I was lying in bed, I was lying in a hole. I weigh all of 105 pounds. This mattress has continued to break down and deteriorate. The day I went back in to the mattress store to ask if there had been any complaints with this mattress was actually the 2 year anniversary of our purchase. I was informed that the mattress I had purchased had major problems that had been reported.

I have endured severe pain, pain management including epidural injections over the past months, and then I realized it was the mattress that we had purchased to help promote our good health, and a great night's sleep. Also, the pain has been so bad first thing in the morning, when I first wake up. Instead of feeling refreshed, I feel severe pain in my low back. I have photographs on and off of this mattress to prove the deterioration of this mattress.

It's the best mattress when you are looking comfort and substantial support. I enjoyed the mattress and the people who work the company. Great laughs and fun and was helpful with the mattress that best suits my bunny and I.

The mattress is very comfortable and I wake up feeling refreshed. I would recommend this mattress to anyone. No backache or leg pain. I chose the firm mattress because of my back problems and believe me it helps. Are you needing a mattress that makes you feel refreshed and not waking up grumpy? Then go for it! You'll be glad you did.

I've tried several brands over the years but Sealy has been truly consistent when it comes to a quality mattress. Always good support (I've got two crushed vertebrae in my back + a crooked spine). Love this brand. Quality made, doesn't fray or unravel. Will straighten out your back which will help with chiropractor bills. Recently strained my back lifting a heavy suitcase. I was a guest in a friend's house she had the worst mattress (she bought a $100 foam topper for it). The topper was OK for 2.5 months then it died - total waste of $$$. I then rented a hotel room with a very good mattress (Sealy of course). I was in agony & it took 12 days of sleeping on their mattress to finally feel better. HINT: Shoes can also cause back problems so pay attention to the soles & heels. Buy new shoes if necessary.

Miserable nights sleeping on this new mattress. I wake up with so much pain and feeling exhausted instead of rested. When using the adjustable head raising the mattress bunches up badly. After paying an inspector 50.00 after only 6 months usage he naturally reported nothing would be done as he didn't find anything wrong. He was in bedroom a total of 7 minutes. This is going to be costly for me as I am an 84 year old widow on a very fixed income. And no one at the mattress store cares about my problem.

Does Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress need a Class Action Lawsuit? I've seen other posts on this website suggesting it does. My husband & I agree it needs to be taken off the market NOW, please. My husband suggested I should "look up" on the Internet to see if others with the adjustable bed & Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress had back and/or body pains.

Amazingly, I discovered others also think this crazy mattress by Serta needs a Class Action Lawsuit. Several years ago, my doctor suggested I buy an adjustable bed to help with acid reflux. ** solved that issue. We've had this crazy mattress for several years & it never occurred until recently that it was the mattress causing my husband & my aches & pains!! We both work full-time & are mid 50's.

But now I wake up with back pain daily and we're 100% sure it's the crazy mattress. My husband works out of town most of the time & no matter what motel he stays in, he stated his back & entire body only hurts when he sleeps at home on this crazy mattress!!! Even my dog now has issues with walking after sleeping on the mattress & it appears her legs are asleep -- I have to help her get off of it (& she's a 70+ lb pit bull dog, so it's not an easy chore)!!! My arms & legs go to sleep -- my neck hurts --- my back hurts --- I get leg cramps. Both of my shoulders popped & cracked so bad last night & I couldn't get to sleep for hours due to the back pain is the reason I'm writing this.

I fear if I don't get a new mattress soon, I'll end up in a wheelchair!!! No joke. My husband said his legs only go numb when he sleeps at home!!! I'm may go to a doctor to see if any of my bones have actually been affected by this crazy mattress, I really don't know. But I do know one thing for sure -- don't buy this crazy mattress unless you love to suffer from aches & pains daily. I DID NOT have any back pains before we bought this crazy mattress!!! I don't take pain meds, but this sorry mattress makes me feel as if I need some. Help, please -- get Serta to quit selling the iComfort Memory Foam mattress -- we could have bought a nice used car for what we paid for this torture device!!!

I guess I'll be getting a new mattress for Christmas before I become an invalid! No fault of the business who sold me this crazy mattress -- the fault 100% belongs to Serta. We first thought about buying a Sealy Posturpedic or a Sleep Numbers mattress, but wound up buying this one instead -- bad mistake!!! The number of complaints I've found on this website are clearly evidence there are issues with the Serta iComfort Memory Foam itself. So many people couldn't be posting the same issues if it weren't true!! Please post if your arms and/or legs go numb. Sometimes I sleep on the couch because I can't stand that mattress anymore -- and amazingly, my symptoms go away -- same if I sleep on any other mattress.

I'd love to go "Black Friday" shopping today with relatives, but two hours after waking up, my arms are still tingling & my legs are still numb!!! Maybe another hour of sitting up instead of lying down on that crazy mattress will allow my issues to end. This would be a funny story if it wasn't true!!! But sorry to say, it's 100% true!!! If you want to buy a new mattress, run like heck from this one or you'll regret it!!! Buy any other mattress in the world -- but not a Serta iComfort Memory Foam Mattress.

Purchased this mattress and foundation 3 years ago for $545. The side I sleep on is completely smashed in and the springs make popping noises when I lay down. The mattress is so bad I can no longer sleep on it. Btw I weigh 210. So I contacted the American Mattress dealer and they want a $60 inspection fee to come out and look at it. Contacted Serta and they said too bad that's the way it is. What a scam. I will NEVER ever buy another Serta product as long as I live.

I bought a Serta Springview full size mattress from Sears one month ago. Just one month the middle of the mattress sinks for 1inch. I called for warranty however, guess what, they said the 1-inch sagging is normal and only sagging more than 1 and 1/2'' is eligible for free exchange. I just bought it for one month! Plus I slept alone and I am just 45kg. Since the third night it started to sink and after one month, it sinks for 1 inch and now they told me it's normal! My back got seriously hurt because of the sagging and I had to go to the clinic for physical therapy.

The doctor said muscles on my back got stretched and I have to go to the clinic twice more. When I called the mattress warranty department, the staff told me she can do nothing about it and I have to pay for restocking fee if I want to get a new one. Can't imagine they are going to recycle this crappy mattress. This is scam! I was also told that maybe I can sleep on this mattress for more nights and wait it sink over 1 and 1/2''. This is really hilarious. They don't care whether your back hurts or not at all. STAY AWAY FROM SERTA!

BUYER BEWARE!! Purchased an iComfort approximately 1.5 years ago. The top foam started to split and the length became larger than size of a human hand. Paid $25 under the warranty provisions to have an adjuster come and look at it. It took 8 weeks for Serta to response - only after I contacted their warranty claims department on my own accord. They responded 2 weeks later and said splits were not covered under warranty. I would never buy another Serta product again. Very disappointed.

My 240 lb hubby and myself (140 lbs) bought this mattress to replace another crappy mattress. The Sams memory foam mattress. We bought this POS at a small store that has since gone out of business. The first weeks or so, I thought maybe it was just me. I was exhausted, in pain, and miserable. We went on a vacation and stayed in a friend's small home with a $200, squeaky, old, feel the springs a bit mattress and I woke feeling better than I had in weeks. I attributed it to being out of town.

Returning home, the extreme pain returned. This was no ordinary pain. I was homeschooling my son and he would lovingly laugh at my morning struggle down the stairs from the pain in my hips and back. I am 38, so I thought that maybe it was just a sign of getting older. Soon after, hockey season started. We stayed in many cheap hotels and realized that if you sleep better in a $50 a night hotel than on your brand new mattress, something is wrong. My next test was changing where I sleep at home. The couch. After a few nights on the couch, I don't feel like death everyday. I am much better off. My hips don't lie! They don't hurt. My shoulders are back to normal, my jaws are suffering.

Basically, this bed is a torture device. It is made to cause you prolonged, agonizing suffering on a daily basis. I can't imagine, with these reviews, how it is still being sold and why I don't have a refund in the mail. It has stolen an entire year of my life. I have been in and out of doctors. Unable to do a lot of my domestic duties, and never felt like leaving my house from pain and exhaustion all because of this bed. It caused my fibromyalgia to stay flamed up and caused issues in my body that only a 200-year-old person should feel. I am angry that a company could allow such a garbage product to be sold and at such a high price. We had scrimp and save to get a new mattress. I will be off the couch and back on bed tonight!! Please do not buy this mattress!! I won't even give it away because it is so bad. You are better off sleeping on the floor!!

I purchased a Serta Mattress & box set on Dec 4, 2015 from Sleepy's. Now, only 10 months later, there is sagging in the mattress making it uncomfortable to sleep on. Considering the length of time elapsed, as well as my fiancé having major back issues, this is outright unacceptable. I contacted the warranty department today, and was told they "no longer offer an inspector". So they will send me a "kit" in which I will have to perform the task of gathering the inspection information they want, such as sending photos etc. I was also told if there is not at least a 2" "visible" indent then they will deny my claim.

I find this outrageous! First, I am a customer, not an employee of an inspection department for any corporation, so why is the burden being placed on me? Second, whether or not the indent is visible is irrelevant! If there wasn't an issue, I wouldn't have contacted them! I'm not sure what kind of Mickey Mouse operation they are running, but I will play their inspection game, and if there are any issues whatsoever in correcting this flaw, I will be taking further steps.

I bought a Serta iSeries mattress medium firm a year ago and I wake up every morning with a back ache... when I try to get a hold of Serta the customer service line 1-888-557-3782 just loops me around. I've owned plenty of mattresses as I am 53 years of age and this is the first mattress I've own that continually cause me back issues. I thought maybe I just needed to get use to it... but as it's been a year now I'm gonna end up having to throw this one away and buy a new one. I would not buy these mattress... Especially now with companies that offer 100 day trial sleep period. Waste of a money.

We purchased a Serta iComfort mattress in March 2013. It is now sagging on both sides with a huge lump in the middle. My husband can no longer sleep in the bed as he wakes up in agony each morning from back ache and I now have back problems too. Never had a back problem before. Will see how we go with our local supplier - paid nearly $5000 for the ensemble so hope they honour the 10 year warranty. Will never buy a Serta again.

Compare Mattresses