toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had an older Sleep Number. I got a new one since I needed a bed that accommodated my health. The head lifts up on the new Sleep Number. I have breathing issues and fibromyalgia so the whole bed helps. Its quality is a 100%. I'm happy with it. Their sales reps were all very pleasant as well. I got along with them just fine. Also, the guys delivered the bed and set it up. They explained everything to me that if I move, they'll come, take it down and set it up again if I want them to.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Glad you're enjoying the bed, Florence! If you ever have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here and happy to help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

My mattress is a P 5. Very comfortable and I can use all my past bedding as fits this one great. I could even use my old frame. I can adjust what firmness I need while using. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing the kind words, Robin. Continue to sleep well!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We had a Sleep Number bed for a long time and we're very satisfied with it. That is why we always recommended it to all our friends and family. When it came time to replace and move up we chose the best, a sleep number bed. If you want a good night's rest, get the best. Sleep Number is the place to go!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, Lorie. Keep sleeping well, and be sure to let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I had a good interaction with the sales professionals of Sleep Number then we picked the mattress up. I’ve had it in my home for two years now and for the most part, it has met my expectations.

I purchased a king size adjustable sleep number in December for $10,000 under the premise that we would have the best sleep ever. It was delivered in January 2017, by May 2017 our blue foam had deteriorated, ripped, dry rotted, making it impossible for my husband or myself to sleep on it. June 4th I called the customer service number and was told the blue foam insert was on backorder, it is now August 21st and we are still unable to sleep on our bed. I still owe $7,000 for a bed I am unable to use. My husband and I have had numerous back surgeries and Sleep Number is nothing but a big con! So disgusted by the lack of customer service!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're so glad to hear that, Kenneth! Thanks for sharing.

Brett B

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I got a Sleep Number hoping that I would sleep better. We’ve had the bed for about six months now and I like that it reclines. It has very good quality overall and I like it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We appreciate you taking the time to share your fantastic experience with us, Gina! If you ever have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I’ve had a Sleep Number for probably 20 years and it was purchased for my mother. Then I purchased a king-sized bed and bedding. I did all the bells and whistles with the massager plus the changing of the bed. The sales reps were great and the delivery team was very knowledgeable. It was an excellent experience and I love the overall quality of the products I've purchased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had Sleep Number for 7 years. This was my second purchase (bed and frame) and I liked the bed that I had before this. I did an upgrade and I got more because I have the lowest level to start out with and I’m quite happy with it. With my most recent purchase, Brandy was the sales representative who assisted us and she was charming. She was fun and very knowledgeable. I had my daughter with me and we had a good time. The delivery team was also okay. They came and did their job. Overall, I would tell anybody that Sleep Number would be the bed to get.

My husband and I purchased a 360 bed which was delivered last week. 2 major problems occurred. After sleeping restlessly on it one night I was nauseous the entire next day from the horrible plastic, petroleum industrial smell the mattress emitted. This is an odor that will not go away over time, and even if it did, the time spent on it would be unbearable. The second biggest problem was when my 6'2" husband adjusted his side of the head of the bed upright, his feet hung over the bed. Many other more minor complaints, such as the motor for everything is quite loud, the bed is hard to make, oh and forget using a bed skirt. The guys that delivered our bed told me they'd have to cut my new silk bed skirt because once it was on it would remain.

I thought okay, but then they said they'd have to cut it down the middle entirely then asked if I had scissors! Thank goodness I didn't let them do it. The very next morning we called our salesman with very valid complaints and asked if we could set up a day to have it picked up. Well, it turns out we signed an agreement not only to keep the bed for 30 days but to keep the base of the bed forever. It's nonreturnable and non refundable. This stand can only be used with Sleep Number beds, and costs over $6,000.00!!! We were sick.

I ended up on the phone all day finally reaching the corporate office. The best deal possible in returning this bed is to pay them over $1,200 to have it removed and disposed of as they cannot by law resell a bed. That's a heck of a policy Sleep Number. And by the way the smell of the bed I learned from the corporate office actually is called "off gassing." ANYONE BUYING THIS BED NEEDS TO READ THIS BEFORE BUYING...

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Music to our ears, Mark! Keep up the amazing rest :-)

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I had a problem with my back, so I got a Sleep Number and I've had it for about two years. I had it delivered and everything was set up. My wife really loves it and keeping her happy is all that matters.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the bed, a couple of pillows, cooling pad and pillow case covers that I bought from Sleep Number delivered to our home and it was an excellent experience. They were great and the sales professional was good. But we weren’t thrilled with the cooling pad as it does not cool and the only reason you'd purchase it would be for comfort. The pillow case covers are cooling covers too and it’s the same thing. We wouldn't do that again. We'd just buy something at the store instead of spending the money for that. The SleepIQ technology was also not necessary and it was a couple of extra hundred dollars. But we're very happy with the bed and we would definitely buy another one. We’ve also referred a couple of people since we bought ours.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Glad you're sleeping comfortably, Carolyn! Thanks for sharing your review with us :-)

Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We have a Sleep Number and we love the comfort of it. It was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
Please note to read the paperwork signed on day of bed purchase. There is a list of things that is not noted by sale person in case you are not happy after sales.

In our excitement we did not read everything before signing and buying P6 bed. They will not return all your money in case you do not like the bed within 30 days. Bed had strong chemical smell and rubbery odor. When the head side is raised the bed bunches up. It is not risk free and we got less than half the funds back on returning.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Terrible. We purchased a Sleep Number bed and a set of sheet and pillows King size. I had to return the pillowcases and was given 2 as a replacement for holes on the pillowcases. Now I have holes on the sheet set. So very disappointed because they were SO Expensive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased the i8 bed with the adjustable motorized bed frame. The sales person assured us that there was a no risk return policy should we not be happy. What the sales person neglected to tell us was that the return policy was for the mattresses only, not the $2,500 frame. We never felt comfortable in the bed and called to return. They will not take back the frame, so we are stuck with a $2,500 frame and the shipping cost to return the junk.

I am still getting used to the adjustments of the bed but I am loving the comfort. I love the cool feel of the bed and pillow because I do not like being hot while I sleep. I am less achy in the morning as well which makes my day so much better.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your great experience, Shawn. Keep up the great sleep

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I hurt my back a couple of years ago. I prefer a softer bed, while my fiancée prefers a firmer bed. Being two people who got to share a bed and having the option of changing firmness on either side was definitely Sleep Number's big selling point. I bought a king size, along with a non-adjustable base and a stain cover and I'm happy with the quality. Their sales rep was a really cool guy. He's the manager and he's knowledgeable. He helped us figure out each of our Sleep Numbers and then ran us through all the different models. We went there to get information on the bed and we ended up buying one that day, so he did a good job and we had a good time.

I scheduled a delivery and it was fast. The delivery team was cool and professional. They came in, set the bed up for us and told us what we needed. I also like SleepIQ. I like how it’s a one-time purchase rather than a monthly thing or constantly paying for updates. I also dig the fact that the app updates itself and you see more info. The experience has been enjoyable and easy all in all.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm glad we could provide you with a good service experience, Lucille, and that you're enjoying the unique adjustability of your bed. Thanks for taking the time to share your review!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

This was my first Sleep Number purchase and I’ve had it in my home for about a year now. I was unhappy with the past mattresses I've had, so I thought I'd try something different. I got the Sleep Number mattress and the control that makes the head go up and down. I could also lower and raise the head and feet portions. I had it delivered and the team was fine. Since they put it in, my husband called the reps once. He was having a problem and they helped. I like the overall quality of the product and I have the mattress softer now than I had before. The only thing I don't like is when I put the head up, sometimes I get a kink in the back.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for the shout out, Becky. Keep your rest the best!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Originally, we bought a Sleep Number bed back in 2005 because I was having back problems. But the bed's chambers had sprung a leak on both sides, so we had to do a replacement. In our experience with Sleep Number recently, the sales reps were great every time I called and talked with them. I set up our new Sleep Number bed myself and it was very easy to put together. In the beginning, we moved around a lot and sometimes the plastic components broke, and Sleep Number mailed the components to us for free. I absolutely love our new Sleep Number bed and I wouldn’t sleep on anything else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My fiancée sleeps on a different, softer bed than I do. So, being able to switch the two individual sides is important. I got a queen-sized bed from Sleep Number. It’s a basic model but with one remote and a six-inch mattress. It's holding up well. The interaction with the sales professional has been awhile but it’s fine. They sold me a bed on their credit so, they did good. So far, I’m sleeping like a baby.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bad Air Chamber - I posted the experience on your Facebook site and you all eat the post. Go look at it. Terrible customer support. Just outside the 2yr warranty. Customer support is slow and could not tell me when I would get my replacement parts.

I highly do NOT recommend wasting your money on a Sleep Number bed. My husband and I got one in hopes that we would sleep better because he has back problems and moves a lot, so we needed a bed that had the comfort as well as the no movement. We were scammed. These are bonafide air mattresses that do not change the comfort level at all, plus we could feel all movement as before. The bed does not do as advertised and we tried two different types as well a pillow topper... What a waste. We refuse to pay for the bed and they refuse to take responsibility that they scammed us into thinking this product was a great fit. Well it was not, we have both lost sleep because of it and no longer sleep on it, it's in storage being eaten by bugs now.

The 8 inch memory foam we had before was much, much better and cost 160 bucks. I highly recommend that and we got it at Walmart. I believe Sleep Number should reimburse us for the money we wasted the few months we did pay for it as it wasn't what they claimed it would be. I have convinced multiple friends and family members from wasting their time and money and I will continue to do so. Want an air mattress? They sell them at Walmart for 50 to 100 bucks guys. Throw it on top of your mattress at home... That's what sleep number does but charges 3,000 up to 4500... Ridiculous.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've been very happy with our Sleep Number bed. It’s our second Sleep Number and we had the previous one for about 9 years. Everyone was good. The bed was delivered to our home and it was a very good experience. But we had a glitch. No one told the delivery team my cell number. They had our old home phone which we got rid of. We had gone over that at the store but someone didn't communicate. They just looked up the old information instead of updating the system at the store, so the delivery men did not get the information. We didn't know they were coming. And we live in a gated area, so you have to have the correct phone number. But it all worked out. The delivery guys were very nice. And the Sleep Number’s quality is excellent. It's been a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve heard good things about Sleep Number from relatives and decided to give it a try. The reps helped us figure out which model to buy and we got what we wanted. We bought the bed frame, the mattress and the special cover for the mattress. The two guys who delivered it were great. They set it up and had the pump running. We’ve had a pleasant experience all in all. The bed has been comfortable to sleep on and neither of us is complaining. So, that’s what we were looking for.

I'm a Sleep Number customer. I have a fairly new Sleep Number mattress that I bought about a year and half ago. Recently my mattress has been leaking air. I called customer service. They told me I had to try out on my own to assess the issue. In the end it is a problem of air chamber. It has been 5 days and I still have not received the air chamber and I still don't have a good bed to sleep on at night. Why you cannot stuff parts at a local store that the customers can go and buy themselves, especially if they have to replace the parts themselves anyway?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought the i8 and the base that moves up and down from Sleep Number. The sales rep was fine and had a very good level of knowledge. I also had a great experience with the delivery team. The products' quality was very good and they've been favorable so I bought another one for my mother. The overall experience with Sleep Number was fine and I'm very satisfied. I would recommend them to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The money spent on our top of the line x12, Sleep Number bed was worth every dollar. The bed has resolved numerous of our sleeping complaints and was a great investment. Snoring, just as depicted in the Sleep Number commercial, push a button to raise your partner’s head and the snoring stops. After decades of back pain, I rarely wake up in the middle of the night from pain and usually wake up pain free in the morning. My husband had started to experience back pain in the last year or so and since we bought the x12, he has been pain free also. We both wake up feeling like we have a better quality of sleep and are happy with the purchase with one exception. We hate the divide between the flex top split in the bed. Sleep Number has sent someone out to try to address the problem but it continues to be an issue. The customer service has been outstanding but the service has been a problem, we have had service technicians out three times.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

While we're happy to hear your wife is sleeping better, Patrick, we're sorry for the trouble you've experienced with the SleepIQ technology and we'd love to help. Please give us a call or follow the link below to chat with us and we'll get started right away.

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST, M-F and 8:30AM-5PM on Saturday

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Maggie G

Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My wife has a lot of trouble with her back and she has sleep problems, so she doesn't go to bed until 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning. It’s been about a year when we got a Sleep Number and she likes it but we never got the software to work on it. She tried to get it to work and she never got it to. Nonetheless, Sleep Number makes her sleep better at night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was quite scared when ordering the Sleep Number adjustable bed. It was expensive, but I knew it would last for years and had a great warranty policy. The bed itself cost almost $7,000 as we chose one of the "top of the line" models. Yes, I know, the price sounds crazy, but we spend half of our lives sleeping. Well, needless to say I am one happy customer. I have never slept better in my entire life. Also, while watching tv my husband and I can adjust the top and bottom of the bed to a zero gravity position. It is super comfortable and it's our favorite way to watch a tv show before falling asleep. Thank you SLEEP NUMBER for creating such a wonderful bed!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Problem from day one. 24 hours after install the pump goes out. Slept in guest bedroom for 3 days waiting on a new pump. The new pump always loses connection to WiFi. We bought the split type mattress, sucks very bad. Not happy, so we call within a week to return it, and they tell us to "Try the solid bed" and if we don't like it is 100% refundable. Wrong, we hated it too (took almost a month to get it) and called to return it, but I didn't read the print. The base is non-refundable so we just ate $2700. And after several calls and attempts to explain this nightmare, they said "It's your base." They are within their right not to give us a refund, but I'm within mine to review this on every website I can find and warn others. Beware guys, beware.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share, Kevin! Keep up the great sleep.

Brett B

Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My bed partner and I prefer different levels of firmness in our bed and we were due for a mattress replacement so we got a Sleep Number. The delivery team was excellent and we've had the mattress for about a year. We're very satisfied and I'm sleeping slightly better with the Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile