Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
4.02/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 26, 2019

I had slept on a Sleep Number when I had gone to a hotel years ago. I needed a new bed and I looked at other mattresses. And I enjoyed the Sleep Number that one time and the price was good, and so I went with them. I bought the bed and then a layer of foam that is a cooling thing that goes on top of it because I had purchased the lowest end of the bed, and I wanted a little bit more cushion to it. They had given me the choice. If I wanted to, I could upgrade the bed or I could try this pad. And I tried the pad and it’s perfect. Since using Sleep Number, my back doesn’t hurt anymore. The other mattress I had was 15 to 18 years old. But it was a big pillow-top one. And since I’ve had this Sleep Number, my neck doesn’t hurt when I get up. I’m not tired when I get up. I wake up and I feel good.

The Sleep Number sales reps were wonderful. My son and I were at the Victoria Gardens, and we were there for his friend’s wedding meeting. And we had about 30 minutes. So I walked in to find out some information. And I talked to Taylor and told him I got 25 minutes that we could talk. He just sat down and talked to me really quickly. Then he asked if he could email me information, and he did. And then when I decided to purchase the bed, he wasn’t there that day. But the girl who was there said, “I’ve got all of Taylor’s information, and we will make sure he gets the credit for it.” And they’ve called me about four times since I purchased it to see if I’m happy with the bed. I have stopped by because I had a couple of questions, and they were all helpful. I enjoyed my bed so much. My brother-in-law who needed a new bed went in there, and he purchased one too. He loves his bed.

The guys who delivered my items were fabulous. They took the old bed away and they had their booties on their shoes. And when I said, “Guys, you don’t have to wear them. It’s okay.” They said, “Oh, we care, and we don’t wanna get people upset.” They talked to me about what to do when they set the bed up, and how they were doing it. They cleaned everything up. You wouldn’t even know that they were here. They hauled all the boxes away.

They’re so helpful at the store. They have been marvelous. You could call them. They’re friendly. And they were really cute. I had earned points answering some things. And they called me up and said, “Mary, you got this much money on you. So when you’re ready, come in and purchase something.” I went in and that was when I bought the pad. I walked out paying $50 for the pad of points that I had earned on the 300-dollar product.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us, Mary! I'm delighted to hear you've been sleeping comfortably, and I'm so glad you had a great experience at your local store and with our Home Delivery Team.

Keep sleeping well :-)

Online Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had the expanding queen from Sleep Number and it was great. We loved it. We were in the process of moving and deciding where we were going. We were gonna change beds, and we were deciding if we would go with a queen or a king. We decided to have a king size bed frame so we had to get a new Sleep Number. But we still own our first bed. We took it up to our cabin so that we would have our Sleep Number Comfort up there, so that we didn't have to sleep in a regular mattress. We're still enjoying it. But the second one, the comfort is even better, and I think it's because I have more space unlike before. So, I don't have to worry about an elbow on top of the head.

We opted for the adjustable sides on the king so that way, when my husband is watching football in the living room, I can go to my bedroom and be able to lift up the head and I don't have to prop a bunch of pillows behind me. I wanted to be able to adjust the bed. And then also, as years go by, not that we're old, but I like that we can adjust our leg height so the blood in the legs is flowing -- you can lift it up or if you need to get comfortable, you can. My husband and I get a really good night's rest and I love it. also I love the night lights underneath it so that you can't stub your toes. I like that it tells us how good of a night's rest we had or we didn't. I love all the features about it. It's just amazing.

We have recommended Sleep Number and we've had three other people that bought it after we bought our first one. My father-in-law bought one. A few friends at church bought one because we just kinda raved about our bed. And we've even said, "Hey, you know, what about the fact that if you buy a regular mattress, whenever it wears out, you have throw out the whole thing. There's no keeping it and salvaging it. Whereas Sleep Number, you just buy more parts for it." So that's how we justified the amount that we paid for it. If you want that extra padding or your padding starts wearing out on the top, just buy a new padding. You don't have to buy a new bed, just buy the new padding. If your chamber starts leaking, buy a new chamber. The guys that come and set it up were also amazing. They were polite, courteous, well-dressed, well-mannered, and did a fantastic job.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us, Becka! We love hearing that our owners are recommending us to their friends and family, and we're thrilled to have you as a long-time fan. We hope you continue resting well for years to come.

Online Customer Care

Original review: April 19, 2019

This is our second Sleep Number. We had our first one for 10 years and loved it and we didn't want to rethink changing brands. For health reasons, mainly my husband Rudy's back, we needed to make a change because our 10-year old bed had kinda begun to sink in a little bit. And our representative, Robert, at the Galleria, was excellent and explained that to us how that can happen. We probably could have upgraded before 10 years. But our old bed was well worth it for 10 years. We upgraded and went to an i8 360, Split King. I couldn't understand how we could have two different beds and it would still be one bed. But Robert was able to show that to us and help me understand. We absolutely made the right choice.

That was not the first bed that we looked at. But once he understood our sleeping needs he stirred us toward the bed that was the best bed and that was very helpful. My husband was afraid that if we didn't get the Split King, then he would disturb me if he was moving the whole bed. That was a very, very good point that Robert brought out. So, if Rudy puts his in the snore position, I don't even know it. It never disturbs me because my bed is completely separate.

After we went to the store the first time we went home and thought about it and Robert waited a couple of weeks and told us about a promotion. I told him I was sorry we hadn't called him back. I was glad he did that because then we made the extra effort to go in, talk with him again and by then, we made up our mind of which one to get. He helped us with our pillows and was very patient. We appreciated that.

Robert had assured us that the delivery team would give us a couple-hour window, and then before-they're-coming window. We live in the rural area and I wanted to make sure that they would get here. Robert said they deliver all over and they were here on time. The delivery team called me that morning. We moved our bed out and put it into the living room. We passed it on to one of our sons because it was steel and still in good shape.

When the men got here, they had just the bed frame, and they were ready to put it together. They were very nice. I was having a senior moment. I didn't move the tools on my furniture, without something under it and they were very understanding about that. He let me lay something down, so he could put his phone and other stuff. The youngest man explained he synced our phone with the Sleep Number control. Robert did that too in the store initially, and then this man followed through with whatever else needed to be done. By then the bed was in place and he could finish up. We read all the instructions but it was still helpful that he did it. They cleaned up and they were on their way in an hour and 15 minutes.

I have found, the best way to make the sheets is to put each side on the mode for "read." Do it one at a time, in that way, you can tuck the fitted sheets under there real good. I can manipulate the sheets better. I love the sheets and it has good pillows. It's really been a good experience. We're in our 70's and I'm assuming this would be the last bed we buy. We had to consider too that they stand behind their product. Rudy said we have have 30 days to bring back the first pillow that we brought home. We did have to take his pillow back because it wasn't comfortable for Rudy's neck. That went really well. I also know that if there's an error, if something happen under that bed that was electrical, or whatever, Sleep Number is gonna respond. So that's a good feeling too. Several years ago we gave a coupon to friends of ours at church. And they used the coupon to buy a Sleep Number bed. We tried to pass on the good effects of it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your experience and for recommending our beds to your friends and family, Susan. We're thrilled to hear you had a great experiencing working with your Robert at your local Sleep Number store and that our delivery team provided you with great service during delivery.

Wishing you and your husband a comfortable and relaxing night's sleep for many years to come!

Maggie G

Online Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I’ve been a long-term Sleep Number bed customer and I bought my bed back in 1998. It sounded like a good idea to me to be able to adjust both sides of the bed separately and be able to get a different firmness on one side of the bed. I also helped my mom and my boyfriend buy a bed and I just recently helped my friend’s mother buy a bed. She is 89 years old and she was having trouble with back issues. She was moving into an assisted living facility and they had to have a bed. I suggested that she might wanna look at Sleep Number because she could increase the bed firmness, or decrease it, depending on how she was feeling. She wanted a queen-sized bed, so we called the local Sleep Number place and asked them what the best way was to get a queen-sized mattress and what the options were. She wanted to stay within a specific price point, so she got the standard.

My experiences with the sales professionals at Sleep Number have always been really good. The only recent issue that I have had is I called the Novi, Michigan store a couple of times, but I got an answering machine instead of a person. They said if I left my number, somebody would call me back, but it was a little odd. After two or three times of doing that and not getting a callback, I contacted the Canton store and they answered right away. Otherwise, the people at the Novi store were really good and very receptive. There was a guy named David who works at that store who has been extremely helpful to me. And the guy at the Canton store too was Johnny-on-the-spot. He called me back about three or four times.

The mattress that got delivered for my friend’s mom got delivered to my front porch, but that was the UPS. I bought the adjustable bed frames separately for my current mattress and the delivery people delivered the bed frame and set it up for me. I would never buy another kind of bed. It is stupid to invest money in something and then have to buy a bed every four or five years. I had my first one in 1998 and I was gonna buy the whole new system when I went with the adjustable bed frame, but I thought that I would really be throwing away a bed that’s still very good. I was in the store trying to look at the new beds and somebody was trying to buy another one, and he offered to buy my 1998 bed from me while I was in the store. I said, “Nah, maybe not.” I’m a really strong proponent of Sleep Number beds. I tell everybody that I can’t imagine anybody buying anything different.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! We thank you for being a long-time fan, and we're thrilled you've recommended us to your friends and family.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't receive a call back when you left messages for our store in Novi, and I'll pass this on to our Leadership so we can follow up with our team here.

We hope you continue sleeping well for years to come. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We’d seen the advertisements of Sleep Number for years, and the bed we had was pretty uncomfortable. So, we decided we had the money available, and once we started reading about it, how it’s basically a 25-year guarantee and everything was pretty good about the bed, when we add it up, it made sense. We purchased two kid’s beds. We also got a king-size bed, but we bought the two individual twin-size ones, so that we could upgrade later to the better base, so we could have the elevation and all that added to it.

The saleswoman was great. She walked us through everything, showed us the benefits, how to find our Sleep Number, and how to do all that. Everything was pretty smooth and relatively easy. She seemed very knowledgeable. She had good talking points. She just told us about the bed, the different models, the pros and cons, and what specials were available. She let us try them. She really allowed us to make our own decision. She wasn’t really pushy about selling us on a certain model.

I find the Sleep Number good. The only thing that we have commented on is having the two twin beds is slightly uncomfortable at times because they’d push apart and there’d be a little bit of a gap. I don’t even know if getting a box spring set would make a difference. I understand that I'd be able to elevate the head and elevate the legs, but I'd still always have those mattresses pushing apart. ‘Cause we'd have a kid come crawl in the bed, and the next thing we know, I wake up in the morning, and my kid’s stuck in the crack between the beds. If I scoot over near my wife, the beds are pushed apart under my weight. So, I don’t know if there’s something that helps with that, but that’s about the only real annoyance we found with it.

I really enjoy the sleep I get with the Sleep Number. I do believe that’s improved. We have the one where it actually tells us how we slept through the night just with little analysis, so that’s nice. I compare that with my Fitbit’s sleeping and the Fitbit’s a little more accurate obviously because I wear it, but it’s just interesting to compare with the two. And they’re usually pretty close.

Overall, the quality, I find well. I have to learn a couple of tricks though about how the inflation of the mattress works. One thing the saleswoman touched upon was we need to inflate it up to 100 every day. I think it does that because it helps calibrate the machine. She didn’t really explain that part of it, I just assumed that it gives it like the base to work off of through the night. The IQ Sleep, where when you’re sleeping you turn over, it’ll inflate, deflate, whatever it needs to do to maintain that number, took a little bit getting used to. My wife and I both have switched that on and off to see if we could find a difference with it.

But there are different things. My wife tends to not inflate it every day, while I do typically. And she often complains about it, and I’m like, “If you don’t inflate it to 100% percent, it doesn’t know how to deal with it." So, I end up secretly inflating hers when she’s not paying attention. But overall, we’re very happy with the purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your great experience with us, Brad. Wishing you the best!

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Both bed remotes one not working and the other on its last leg and I ordered two new remotes and was told it would take about two weeks to get them for the day I ordered them. Now we are just waiting to get these two remotes.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I have been living with back and shoulder pain for most of my adult life. I routinely travel for business and sleep in 3-4 star hotels. My back and shoulder will almost always start hurting after being away from Sleep Number. When I am home, it usually only takes 2 - 3 nights for the pain to disappear. I love my bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! I'm so glad you've been sleeping comfortably on your bed, and I wish you many more great nights to come.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I recently contacted Sleep Number Beds to order some pillow accessories that I had earned credit for the amount of $70. I wouldn't have known that if 'Sean' from Sleep Number hadn't called me to let me know. I was really surprised and what a perfect time as it is my birthday month. He was so nice to take my order and to make sure that I was going to be happy was what I was ordering. They are always so nice at Sleep Number and I will always refer my friends to them when they are looking for a bed. Hey, what have they got to lose. I have one and I love it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so glad had a good experience with Sean when he called you, and I hope you're enjoying your new accessories.

Sleep well!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

5 star bed and delivery crew. I want to clarify my survey, when I answered were they on time I checked "No" because I thought I would have a chance to add a comment. They were actually 2 hours early. I want to make sure they get the credit they deserve.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
Thanks for sharing your experience, James! We're glad you had a good visit with our team, and we'll share your comments on. If there's anything we can help with, just let us know.

Sleep well!

Online Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My bed keeps dropping connection with mine AND my wifes phone. It was the same why when they delivered it but said it was normal.... Not really happy about this!!! I need to know what can be done to fix this issue because as of writing this it is still hit or miss getting it to stay connected.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Sorry for the trouble you're having with your bed, Jason and we'd like to get you in touch with our SleepIQ® experts to help resolve this for you. Please give them a call at 1-877-252-7813, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday 8:30am to 5:00pm central time.

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information