Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

Our salesperson was wonderful. No pressure just the facts and we can't wait for our Sleep Number arrives!! She was informative, professional! We really had our doubts, but our experience was pleasant and we would definitely recommend this store to our friends.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm so glad you're enjoying the unique features of your bed, Jeanie! Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, and please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Keep sleeping well,

Online Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

The Sleep Number bed is just what we needed after work every day. To relax and sleep well to rejuvenate us for the next day. The massage feature was one of the deciding features for my husband to want to have this bed in our home. It is a blessing to have technology like this to help you feel better.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Michelle! Keep sleeping well, and please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Glad I went back. I made mistake of replacing my 19yr old sleep number bed with a mattress from sleep train crap foam they won't take back I still am paying for. 1,898.00 left expensive lesson. Should have gone back to Sleep Number first cause I have had best 2 nights of sleep so thankful...

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Glad you're enjoying everything, Steven! Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, and please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Sleep well!

Pete M

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

All I need to say is, I bought it! How can I saw more with more words, it served our needs and we bought it!!! We also bought a Dust skirt, two sets of King Sheets, mattress Pad, and the cool cover helping with night sweats.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jennie. Keep sleeping well, and be sure to let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Bed repair - Very good experience. She was very knowledgeable. Help us with what to do first and what to try next. Going to try first thing and go from there. We are both very happy with the Sleep Number bed. Bought it in 2006.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Janine! I'm glad JT was able to provide you with a great in-store experience. If you ever have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST, M-F and 8:30AM-5PM on Saturday

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Online Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I want to say that I have shopped the store in Mesquite numerous times trying out beds...leaving feeling not informed enough to make a purchase. I went back yesterday and we meet with JT. He's an awesome salesperson. Knowledgeable, trusting, friendly, great personality. Would do business with him again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I had had problems with one liking one firmness and the other liking another, so I thought I’d go with Sleep Number and try it. Their sales rep recommended the mattress I purchased and the foam pad and they both worked out well. They were very nice, friendly and down to earth. Plus the delivery team was very efficient. I’m very happy with my Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm glad you're loving your bed, Toni! We think it’s really important to know that while situations like this are rare, mold can affect any upholstered product under certain conditions. Sleep Number is one of the industry leaders in using treatments that prevent the growth of mold or mildew in our products, and we’re happy to say that we’ve had no confirmed cases of mold in any Sleep Number® bed manufactured in or after 2005. We stand behind the quality of our products and we invite you to give us a call at 1-800-451-6340 if you haven’t disposed of your bed yet so we can help troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing. If you’d like to know more about the steps we take to protect our beds, just click the link below for more information. Thank you and sleep well!

www.sleepnumberfacts.com

Online Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I LOVE my Sleep Number!!! I bought one over 10 years ago and have been so pleased. However a friend told me that some of the older models had a problem with mold. How would I know if mine was one involved?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had seen the overall reviews of people and have a couple associates that I know have Sleep Number and they were happy with them. We tried out multiple mattresses and technologies and I was overblown. I got this SleepIQ technology and the flex top bed and I have the California King. I went from a queen bed to a split king with the adjustable frame. It's a big difference between just a flat mattress and what I have now. The delivery team showed up within 15 minutes of the window that they gave me and took about an hour setting everything up. They were very professional. Overall, I'm satisfied. I use the SleepIQ to track my sleep and have noticed an improvement over time.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We appreciate you sharing your review, Todd! I'm glad you had a great in-store experience, and I'm confident you'll love the great rest you'll get with your new bed. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Great experience so far. Waiting to get bed and give it a go. Hopefully we get relief at night and get some great sleep! Crossing fingers. Was really happy with staff, very friendly knowledgeable about the products and allowing us plenty of time trying all the beds and pillows. Can't wait to try bed and pillows and brag about our purchase of the Sleep number bed. Thank you, we'll stay in touch.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Wayne! I'm glad Elaine took good care of you during your store visit. Sleep well, and please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My wife and I are getting older and have a water bed. We were warmly greeted and we had many questions answered plainly and with ease. We were invited to try out many different models of Sleep Number beds. We were given our numbers for our bed when it arrives. Elaine showed us of options we had to go with our new bed which some we ordered. Thanks Elaine for your help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had a Sleep Number for 20 years and it didn't wear out. We wanted to downsize from a king to a queen size so we gave it to our son and his wife. And then we bought the queen size for us. The sales rep at Brea Mall was very nice to us and showed us all the latest and greatest models. And everybody in the whole office was very good. Within a couple of days, the bed was delivered. The quality of the bed is good and we've never had any problem with it. And we've recommended Sleep Number to a lot of people.

I enjoyed the store experience. The customer service representative for the store was kind, welcoming and very knowledgeable. We plan to purchase a bed from the store. I am concern about only be able to purchase my sheets from Sleep Number. I am willing to give it a try and hope for the best.

Resolution In Progress

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're so excited that you chose us, Shan! If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Brett B

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We have purchased other top of the line beds and been dissatisfied after a year or so with each one. From other owners of the Sleep Number bed and a radio announcer that advertises and owns his own, we went, we saw, we bought and look forward to a long relationship with our new bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Dan! I'm glad you're enjoying all of the unique features our beds provide. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please just let us know.

Sleep well!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

My friends had a Sleep Number so we decided to get one. Then we went and tried it at the store and we liked it. We dealt with three different sales professionals and they were all good. We got the bed on a set deal and we had a good purchasing experience. I never thought I'd put that much money in a bed but everything has been working well and it has been worth it. We like the adjustment of the foot and we have the split. We like it where one wants to lay down all the way or prop up, watch TV or read. We set the firm or less firm separately, too. We're enjoying the bed and we'd recommend it.

Factual basis uncertain

Your sales team is world class, kudos to them. Your Delivery and Customer Service teams leave a lot to be desired. You can look up my tickets for all the details if you wish. For now I came to Facebook to check on status of a comment and found it deleted, now I am apparently banned. WOW, what a way to treat your customers that just pay $8K for a new bed. On hold again, for 15+ minutes trying to get my original problem fixed. This is my 4th call now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were sick of our other bed so we had to get a new one. We decided to go with Sleep Number because I just had a surgery and they have a long warranty. Their sales reps were very down to earth and their delivery went fine. The guys were in and out of here with the bed set up within two hours. They hustled big time and it was impressive. I love our Sleep Number beds. In fact, we've had at least one other person purchase a bed on our recommendation.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchased my Sleep Number bed in March 2014. I have enjoyed the comfort of the bed, however; the mattress keeps shifting and there is now a large gap between the two sides. Also, last year I had to get a replacement remote control for one side of the bed. They replaced it free of charge, which is what I expected. My bed came with a 20 year warranty on parts and labor. Now, the other remote stopped working, so I again called for a replacement. It seems their 20 year warranty is a hoax. The remote control is only warrantied for two years on the original purchase. Now that I have had the bed for 3 years, the replacement warranty only covers half the cost. The new remote control will cost me $129. instead of $300 something.

If these remotes keep going out every year or so, this will be quite an expensive proposition. I will be looking for another bed and will bad-mouth Sleep Number every chance I get. With a 20 YEAR WARRANTY of PARTS & SERVICE, I should be able to rely on the fact that such an EXPENSIVE PURCHASE was WORTH the COST. THIS is a RIP-OFF!!

Bought my Sleep Number bed thru QVC, did not know that it did not include the Sleep Number frame. They use their own frame. Mattress moves off frame and I wind up on the floor. Also the air mattress and the pillow topper skew sideways which promote the mattress coming off the bed. Have talked to QVC, frame manufacture and Sleep Number with no good results. I am fed up with this expensive bed.

They were knowledgeable about finding if after 20 years I still had a guarantee to replace the mattress. Didn't seem too helpful in seeing about financing replacement. I wasn't able to get an answer about financing. Without that information I was unable to complete the transaction.

Kimberly was extremely genuine. She was very friendly and helpful. She knew her product and answered all of our questions. My husband and I never felt pushed into making the purchase. The bed felt amazing at the store so we're hoping this is the bed that helps our sleep and our backs.

After having our Sleep Number bed for 10+ years, one air chamber deflated. After employing the "testing procedures" recommended by Sleep Number, I ordered a new $150 air chamber. Unfortunately, my new air chamber inflated, then slowly leaked. I then spent 30 minutes with Sleep Number "online chat." Turns out, Sleep Number will send a tech to my house for $179. However, they bring no spare parts with them so THEY cannot actually fix the problem. They will assess, inform you about the needed parts/repairs, then go on their merry way. You install or make the repairs. Should you require assistance, Sleep Number tech will return to your house for ANOTHER $179. I was stunned when so informed. This is our first and VERY last Sleep Number bed. They do not deserve our business again. Consumer Reviews would like a receipt to verify my account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted the adjustable bed from Sleep Number because it looked good, has an interesting concept and there was, from my wife's side, the potential for an anti-snoring option. Their sales people were quite good. They welcomed us into the store and they weren't pushy. They just explained all the beds, what they do, why they do it, explained adjustability, and all the rest. It was a good experience. Then we had it delivered which also went quite well. They put up the bed in 45 minutes. It's a lot of moving parts, but the guys knew exactly what they were doing and worked very well as a team. No problems at all. Right now, I'm quite satisfied and pleasantly happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a Tempur-Pedic mattress and my wife didn't think that was working out for her. So, she wanted to shop around a little bit. We went to the Sleep Number store and it was Katy bar the door. She was gonna have one that day and that's all there is to it. “Just sign the papers. Let's go pay for this and away we go.” So I didn't have a choice in the matter. We got the split top king size mattress. I had a Sleep Number 20 years ago and each side had its own air mattress. And there's this big solid divider right down the middle and it tore the snout out of my back and it was just painful. My back just couldn't handle it, it was horrible. But the new one that we bought got the split top but it's altogether and there's no big space. The only thing I don't like about it is the price. I find that hard to believe that the whole thing is $8,000, it's expensive. But it seems to be working okay. The delivery crew set it up and they did it in no time flat. They were amazing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My parents have had a Sleep Number for 20 years and they loved it. I also got one but I'm not a fan of it. Pieces were missing initially and it took an extra week for all of it to get here. But once all the pieces got here, I set it up myself. The sales reps have been very nice but they were trying to push their product. My husband likes the bed but I hate it. The reps gave me some suggestions on settings but I've tried almost every single number from 1 to 100 but I can't find a good setting. It couldn't support my whole body. It's an overpriced air mattress and I'm expecting something more than an air mattress.

Resolution In Progress

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for the feedback, Allen! If you have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Brett B

Online Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was looking for a better bed so I decided to purchase Sleep Number bed and it's more adjustable than my previous one. The salespeople were knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous and it was a good experience. The delivery crew put it together and I had no problems with them.

After trying the Sleep Number c4 mattress for 30 days we did not want the mattress. This mattress was uncomfortable and left us with back pain. We were charged with a 179.00 deliver fee plus tax which the salesman explained would not be refundable. We were charged another 179.00 fee plus tax after the product was picked up. Be aware that there are many top rated mattresses that you don't have to pay these fees for. We paid nearly $400.00 dollars for a brand new mattress that we no longer have or want.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience with us, Pam. If you ever have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here and happy to help.

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I have a very bad back and a couple of our friends have a Sleep Number, and they said it would help. We then purchased a Sleep Number mattress. Their sales representative was very knowledgeable. Their delivery people were really good and very quick and efficient. Overall, our experience was awesome, and I love the quality of our bed. I just wish the Queen size beds split so that we can adjust each side separately.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had Sleep Number beds and recently got another one. The sales reps were very professional. I already knew what I wanted and they helped me select it. I paid for it and the purchasing experience was a simple and straightforward thing. I had it delivered and they set it up, and I also had a good experience with the delivery team. Sleep Number is a quality product because I'm continuing to buy it. And I've never had a bad experience with them. They eventually wear out like all things, but I had my last one for 20 years which is a long time. It's been a very satisfactory experience with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile