Call toll free
Based on 2,292 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

6960 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Great experience, great product and great delivery. So happy with the whole process. I would, without a doubt refer all family and friends. I have been through so many mattresses and finally found the right fit for my wife and I. Cheers to good sleep.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're thrilled you've had an excellent experience overall! Keep up the great sleep!

Online Customer Care

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

My bed started leaking air... I called and every person was knowledgeable and helpful. They shipped me a new pump, it arrived and 2 men came and exchanged it. I would be glad to recommend your products and service.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Raymond! We're glad that our teams were able to assist and resolve the issue quickly and efficiently. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you find you have any questions for us in the future.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Have Sleep Number 7000 series California King. Went through divorce and got my Sleep Number back. When I got it setup in my new home I noticed Black mold on the pillow top. Called Sleep Number customer service. First agent Lindsay, said, "Oh that is something we will warranty. Can I connect you to that department?" "Yes please." Connected call to another customer service agent in the Allergen Dept. Minna. She told me it would be replaced under warranty and then connected me to another agent and as soon as I explained it a third the agent immediately Said "That is not a manufacturer's Defective. We will not cover but a replacement on is $1138.00 plus shipping and handling!!!"

I explained the local Health dept. had a look at the pillow top and recommended I immediately dispose of the top and gave me specific directions on how to dispose of it properly!!! I paid approximately $4500 for this bed and have never ask Sleep Number for any warranty till this then I get the runaround. I am in the market to replace this bed within the next couple of weeks with a Cal King I8, but if this is their warranty service I think I look at other beds. A new I8 Cal King is in the $4800 area and pretty much NO Warranty!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Nelson, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We think it is really important to know that while situations like this are rare, common household mold can occur in any mattress or piece of upholstered furniture under certain conditions. Mold spores are present in ALL outdoor and indoor environments.

Our testing revealed common household mold levels were in each case lower than mold levels typically found in normal outdoor air and were generally lower than or comparable to mold levels found within buildings with good air filtration systems. We have been advised by independent experts that for consumers with mold allergies to be affected, the mold spores must be airborne or otherwise come in direct contact with the consumer, and this does not appear to be caused by our product.

We stand behind the quality of our products and we invite you to give us a call at 1-800-451-6340 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so we can address your concerns. Thank you and sleep well.

Jamie S

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I walked into one of the Sleep Number stores in Yonkers, NY to look at beds. After asking a lot of questions and trying out a few beds my husband and I decided to purchase the i7 which the sales associate glorified. We waited about 2-3 weeks for delivery and that wasn't a problem. When we received the bed we made all the adjustments that were necessary and thought we were ready for the best sleep of our lives. We were completely wrong, the bed was very uncomfortable.

I called the customer service number to set up a return date being that the sales associate mentioned that it was fully refundable. To my surprise the young lady on the other line said I couldn't return the base of the bed. Now I ask how is that going to be of any use to me if I am not happy with the bed. Well the lady was very rude, I ask to speak to a manager and she kept me on hold for 30 min. It is unbelievable how I can't get anyone to help me with this problem. My recommendation is to stay away from SLEEP NUMBER!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My son purchased the Sleep Number mattress and one of my best friends had one for 15 years. They both recommended it to me so I went and bought one, too. I got their mattress, frame and bedding. I went to their store twice. The first was an exploratory type of a mission and that worked out very well. There was no pressure from their reps as far as buying. I even told them I wasn't sure that it was for me at that point and they said they understood and that most of the time people came back a couple of times. It wasn't an immediate sale and they were fine with that. They were very low profile but very helpful. And the nice thing about it is they did not spear me to the top of the line first then work my way down. They thought that the mid-range would be okay but I did wind up going a step above that, which was well worth it.

They delivered the bed to the house, took it upstairs and put it all together. Then they showed me how to use the controller, asked if I was okay and then left. It was very quick and efficient. The bed is much more comfortable than the other one I had. Plus, this one has the ability to raise the head and the foot and I found that to be really helpful since I'm a person who reads in bed. I also noticed my back pain is 40% less now than it was on my other mattress. I'm perfectly happy with my Sleep Number. A friend of mine also bought one based on my recommendation.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're thrilled that you had a pleasant experience in store and are so happy that you're now getting a great nights sleep on your Sleep Number bed, Cynthia. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I was pleased with my experience at Sleep Number. I felt like a valued customer. I admit before I went in the store I was having a little attitude and laying on a Sleep Number bed changed my mood. I felt relaxed and even the bed knew my pain I experience on a daily basis.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so glad to hear about your experience, Chasity, thanks for taking the time to share!

Brett B

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We are still under warranty, we have had to replace parts as the bed keeps losing air... and we are now told we need to pay $179 in order to schedule a tech to come out and take a look at our bed that is under "warranty"? Not sure they understand the concept of "under warranty"'. Would not recommend this bed to anyone, I will be telling everyone to stay away from it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The base for my bed has 12 legs! It is two separate frames set side by side and held together with a sheet. I am satisfied with the mattress but the frame is embarrassing. It is not something I expected from Sleep Number. Very disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Purchased an i10 360 bed on 9/30/17. Paid for and scheduled first available delivery on 10/13/17. Broke down our old bed in anticipation of said delivery. Delivery showed up as promised. However, missing a leg. Told by delivery crew they could set the mattress up on our bedroom floor but we wouldn't be able to use the flex fit feature until they could order a leg, have it delivered then schedule another install. Declined this solution. Next solution, leave the bed in boxes in our living room until leg could be ordered, delivered and install scheduled. Declined this solution as well and refused delivery.

Immediately received several phone calls from different Sleep Number Reps with several different answers to our missing leg issues (1 said the missing leg could be overnighted on a Saturday, another said no, a 3rd said a complete new bed would be to be shipped from their Minneapolis warehouse with an anticipated delivery date of next Saturday 10/21 and credit back our $179 delivery charge). We spent $8900 on this bed. None of these solutions are acceptable. Apparently this large company cannot escalate the order/shipping of a new bed. Still have no idea when our complete bed will be delivered. We are seriously considering requesting a full refund. If this is the headache we've had with delivery of my bed I can only imagine if there is ever a warranty issue.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and we're so sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced. If this hasn't been resolved for you, please send us a private response with your preferred contact phone number and we'll get started on a resolution right away.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I suffered with a lot of leg and back pain so my daughter ordered me a Sleep Number and now I get a good night sleep. I would recommend this bed to anyone having problems. I bought 2 mattress in three years that did not help.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Honestly this has been the worst customer service of my life. I would warn people not to buy a Sleep Number, and the Las Vegas Blvd location in particular. When I bought the mattress and adjustable frame, I showed the salesperson pictures of my bed and they assured me the adjustable would go right on top and fit perfectly. When they delivered the frame, it did not fit. It was too big. The deliverers (and my salesperson Dave) told me just to accept the frame, that the company would send me a smaller adjustable as a straight "swap" for no additional charge.

I spent the next 2 weeks trying to arrange this. I called the store and customer service no fewer than 30 times. No one got back to me. No calls returned. Nothing but the runaround. Finally I got an invoice from them agreeing to the swap but insisting on charging me a large restocking fee. I called the store manager Francis and explained that I would sue for breach of contract. She said she could no longer help me and not to call back. She then hung up on me. This has been an exercise in futility and frustration. I would stay as far away from this store and this company as possible.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi, Neil. I'm really sorry for the experience you've had and I've made sure to forward your thoughts along to leadership team for their review. If you have any questions that we can help with, just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll be glad to help.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have a military background and I got tired of having bad shoulders, a bad back, back knees and sore joints. I purchased the mattress, pillows and the sheet set from Sleep Number and they are all excellent. Their sales reps were also unbelievably kind and very knowledgeable about their product. I knew exactly what I was looking for when I went to their store and they still walked me through all the beds and went to the whole demonstration with me. It's the best selling experience I ever had. Their delivery team was also awesome and great.

I know there's a lot of bed manufacturers out there that say all these things but from my experience with Sleep Number, it's the best bed I've ever owned and will continue to own. If you don't have one, you got to go have one. You cannot go wrong with Sleep Number. Also, a lot of people look at the price of the Sleep Number bed and say that they can get something comparable to it for much cheaper. But the Sleep Number is not a purchase. It is an investment. So I have invested in a top quality bed and I don't care what anybody else says about all the other manufacturers.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review, Danny. We're ecstatic to hear that you've had an excellent experience from start to finish and that your investment in a great nights sleep is paying off! If you ever have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

My husband went to a Sleep Number store at the Springfield Mall in Springfield, VA on Saturday, Sept. 9 just to browse. After spending several hours at the store we were finally convinced to purchase a bed. We were given a delivery date of 10/4 which I thought was a bit long but agreed to. My husband took the day out of work to receive the bed. When the delivery was made and the bed put together he discovered that the bed did not work. The mechanical portion made noise but the bed didn’t move. My husband told the techs to take the bed apart and remove it and he refused delivery. The techs were not happy and tried to convince my husband to take delivery anyway promising a new bed or someone to come and repair. He would not and called customer service right then and there.

Customer service told him that he could receive a new bed but it would not come until 10/28. When I received the news I was outraged. I am expected to wait another 3 weeks for a new bed because the one that was sent didn’t work. I had already made arrangements to donate my existing bed and someone was on their way to pick up my existing mattress. So here I am without a bed that cost almost $6,000.

I called customer service again to voice my displeasure and see if there was any way to expedite the delivery. Surely you have other beds out there waiting to be delivered and could I not jump ahead. I was again told nothing can be done. I hung up waited a week and subsequently canceled the order. Not once did I receive a call from your company apologizing or even acknowledging the problem or trying to offer some type of remedy. In my opinion very poor service and follow-up especially considering the expense. I took my $6000 elsewhere. Now I am told I can't return the mattress pad that was never used. Ridiculous.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry for the experience you've had, Susan, and that it has resulted in you cancelling your order. We value feedback from our customers and are grateful that you took the time to share your review. We also appreciate your business and regret that this experience has resulted in you feeling that you are unimportant to Sleep Number. This definitely isn't the service we strive to provide and we will make efforts to improve to ensure it’s not part of our future. Your comments will be forwarded along to our leadership and if there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Their sleep mask is quite durable, going through washings and lasting for months/years - forgot when I bought the first one. Expect years of service from them. (I ordered a second one to have a spare, in case I misplaced one.) My orders arrived, promptly. Customer service was quite courteous. I just ordered an electric blanket, but it has not had time to arrive.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're thrilled to hear about your great experience! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

So my bed goes flat over the weekend. On Monday, I call the store where I bought it, they won't help and send me off to a 800 helpline. Call the helpline and instead of sending someone out, they walk me through switching hoses, and other diagnostic routines. This process uncovers the issue of one of the air chambers is leaking.

So they PROMISED to overnight me a replacement part (for me to put in myself of course), and here I am four days later still sleeping on wadded up blankets since I have no cushion in my mattress. I finally get ahold of customer service and they still haven't shipped the part yet! Horrible customer service, and I serious flaw with this mattress design. Local stores should carry basic parts to support the customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had the pleasure of working with both a corporate team member and a very professional salesperson locally at the Plano location named Kelsey. She helped my wife and I clarify our questions and demonstrate the various features. The delivery team arrived as promised, called ahead as promised, and were extremely polite and professional. I would say they are two of the best in delivery customer service I have seen through my travels in the U.S. I am highly pleased with the entire process so far and how much they truly care about the customer and customer experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your great experience with us, Al. Wishing you the very best and if you ever have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Our eagerly anticipated first night in our I8 has been completed. My sleep score was 82, which I KNOW is a big improvement. I recall waking up only one time during the night. My husband had only a 57 but that was to be expected because he is a talker and mover at night. Our hope is that we will find the right combination of firmness and position to allow him to have a restful night sleep for a change. The split king mattress seems to make me less aware of all his movements as well. The delivery/set up team was great! Our salesman, Scott in Akron, also made the buying experience very pleasant.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Monica!

Brett B

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Owned Sleep Number i10 for 4 years. I am so unsatisfied with my purchase and sleep on a regular basis. I would rather sleep on my RV mattress than sleep in my bed. I have played with all the settings over and over and over to find my "Number”. I spent 4000$ on this mattress and am stuck with my GLORIFIED AIR MATTRESS until I can afford a new mattress. I highly do not recommend this mattress to anyone. My chiropractor has suggested I buy a new mattress multiple times. They do not recommend this mattress due to its poor support and the amount of times they malfunction.

I have not had many issues malfunction wise, except the center support has been replaced but did not solve the problem of individual sleeping. If one side is softer than the other you get forced on to the softer side of the bed (no matter what the customer service rep says or has you adjust or do). My report is from a long standing experience of unhappiness and I tell people about my GLORIFIED AIR MATTRESS.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm really sorry you're having hard time sleeping well, Danielle and we'd like to help you get more comfortable. Please give our comfort specialists a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll look into your concerns for you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We couldn't have been more pleased with our install team! We unfortunately had the wrong box delivered, but hopefully it will be resolved soon. One glitch we ran into aside from the wrong box, was that the SleepIQ site was down for scheduled maintenance. It was difficult for our install team to walk through the settings/etc. because not only did the bed not operate as a top flex, but they weren't able to connect to the SleepIQ site. All things considered, we love our new bed! And we're anxiously awaiting our correct box so we can utilize the zero G feature.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Both my daughters have a Sleep Number bed. When I purchased mine, the sales rep who I dealt with was very good. I also bought the sheets and the pillows. The bed has a head tilt, foot tilt, temperature control, and night lights. I set it up with the head up and the feet up a little at night and I press favorites. The bed is a good product and I'm happy. The only thing I had a problem with was that it came with high legs. When you get it, you don't realize the height of it if you're not buying their frame. When I went to get my frame it was way too high and I had to order lower legs.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and review, Poppy. We're glad that you've been enjoying your bed so far and we wish you many more relaxing nights to come! If you find you have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to chat in or give us a call. We're here and happy to help.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Sleep Number is absolutely the most ridiculous company I have ever tried to deal with. You delivered the WRONG bed, have been jerking me around since May with endless excuses on how your store manager "accidentally keyed in the wrong bed" and now we would have to wait longer for the bed because they are "custom ordered upon purchase" as an explanation as to why I had to wait until September to receive the correct bed. You finally came to take the WRONG bed, finally offered to give me a full refund, yet I have not received a full refund, am still being charged monthly payments and get nowhere with customer support. I wouldn't recommend you to my worst enemy.

How many times do I have to call, speak to supervisors, get the runaround, promise that the FULL refund will be handled as soon as possible? You've lost a customer forever. When you charge as much money as you do for a bed, you better provide the best customer service possible! I can't believe the endless runarounds, the endless lies and excuses that I've been given.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns with us, Jennifer. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused and can't apologize enough that your experience has resulted in your returning and cancelling your order. We were able to locate your file with the information you provided and see that your case manager is working hard to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. We hope that you will continue to work with him if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My husband and I both have back problems and we got Sleep Number for the comfort. We can each individually adjust the bed to how we want it. He wants his mushier than I want my side to be. That makes it easy to be able to sleep and it's comfortable for us. Brett, the guy here in Colorado Springs, was very good. I'm a retired nurse and I was listening very closely to the things that he said to make sure they were accurate. People tell you things when they want to sell you stuff. But, he was telling accurate things about the body.

We had our old Sleep Number for 12 years and it held up excellently. My daughter has it now and she loves it. We have the split King now, and we can individually put our head or feet up. It also has the massage. I love it. If I could be the person that stands around in the showroom, every time somebody comes in, I'd tell them, "You need to buy this bed." It's an excellent product and I like that they are looking at the consumer and what they need.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us, Kandiss. Let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Let me just first say I love my bed. My 2nd one in 8 years. Now that being said, The delivery people damaged my home. I've called twice about that before I actually got to speak with manager. I've sent in pictures and videos. I've not heard back from her. My king split is exactly that. The delivery people didn't attached my bed frames and my leg goes all the way to the floor from the foot of the bed to the head. I've already spoken to I believe 11 people today and everyone I speak with has to transfer me to someone else.

This is very unprofessional on y'alls part. I ask to speak to someone to file a complaint and I get bounced around. The last person I spoke with said they couldn't come fix my bed for 3 weeks. SERIOUSLY?!? He put me on hold again to speak with a supervisor which did not go through. I've called back and they tell me I need to speak with someone in customer service. UM, NO I need to speak with a supervisor over delivery. My wait time on the phone has been 2 hrs.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate bringing your concerns to our attention, Melissa, and we're so sorry for the trouble you've experienced. Your feedback is very important to us and your comments will be passed along to our leadership teams for review and training purposes. If this issue has not yet been resolved for you, please send us a private reply with your preferred contact phone number and we'll get started on a solution right away.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My husband and I went into the Sleep Number Store here in Louisville, KY today and found out so much about the Sleep Number bed that we did not know. Such as slightly propping up helps you breathe better, a bad pillow can be your cause of neck pain, a bad mattress could be the cause of back pain, and a Sleep Number bed can help you sleep through the night when your spouse is snoring just by adjusting their side of the bed slightly. We were also impressed at how comfortable these beds are. Are considering purchasing one in the near future. With my scoliosis and my husband's snoring, along with a long list of sleep issues, we are thrilled to find out more about these products. If you have not visited a Sleep Number store to find your personalized Sleep Number and test out the beds in this store I suggest you do so! #MySleepNumberStore

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us, Christina. Keep up the great sleep!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We bought a Sleep Number mattress a year ago. It was a smooth experience. Julie the sales professional was fantastic. I scheduled a home delivery and it was great. The mattress is pretty good although we don't sleep very well some nights and sometimes we're not very comfortable. Also, the cost of the mattress is a little high.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review, Wendy. If you'd like some help getting more comfortable, just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and our comfort specialists will be glad to help.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We bought a Sleep Number i8 bed in August 2017 and have had nothing but problems. My husband had issues with the mattress staying inflated and on his setting, the pillow tops won't stay in place and there is a huge gap between the two beds (split king). We are returning the bed, but Sleep Number still insists on making us keep the bedding, which we have no use for, paying a restocking fee in the base and paying a pickup fee. The total for all this comes to $1750, which is insane on a product we are returning. We have tried to work with them but they refuse to budge. My advice to anyone looking to buy a sleep number is to go look at other mattresses and other companies. Do not buy a sleep number bed!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, Susan, and we're so sorry to hear that your experience has resulted in you returning your bed. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we'll pass along your comments to our Leadership for their review. We wish you the best in your search for great sleep and if there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My husband's parents got a mattress that they didn't like and since ours was old, we took it. But we didn't like it either and I wasn't sleeping well on it. My back was hurting and finally I had enough so it needed a change. We came in the Sleep Number store not exactly sure what we were going to do but their reps were very helpful and courteous. We had the bed delivered which took two weeks to arrive and it was just dropped at our door. But that was fine and Sleep Number's reps did a great job overall. Setting up the bed was very easy, too. It's coming up on a year since we've had it and we love our Sleep Number bed. Since we got it, I've been sleeping better and my back is not hurting so that's been huge. Also, I don't adjust it much once I found one number that works. But my husband's number and my number are fairly different so that makes it easier too.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so happy to hear your bed is helping you get the great sleep you deserve, Liz! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience and review.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We purchased a queen iLE mattress with the Flex Fit Base 3. After the first night we no longer have aching backs. My husband has running legs but is now still at night. We both sleep longer periods at night without waking. This is by far the best bed ever!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your review, Cindy. We're thrilled to hear that you're getting a comfortable nights sleep and we wish you many more restful nights to come!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Aside from Sleep Number being the most uncomfortable and the most painful mattress I have ever owned, and aside from having to pay $179 for delivery and amazingly another $179 for return. The policy from Sleep Number is that you have to have had the mattress for a minimum of 30 days in order to initiate a return, however any bedding purchase like sheets, mattress protector covers, comforters, etc can only be exchanged within 30 days! This is a scam and this is designed on purpose!

So let me understand this... The warranty will only apply if I buy your mattress cover, but if the mattress doesn't work out for me then I can only return it AFTER 30 days, but I can only exchange the mattress cover or sheet set WITHIN 30 days??? Hmmm, oh not to mention the $200 split top sheet set, those can only be exchanged within 30 days as well. So I would have needed to exchange my mattress cover and sheet set for something else before I am able to return the mattress! Sounds like a Sleep Number Blunder.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry that the bed wasn't the best fit for you, Adam, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback on our policies. Your comments will be forwarded along to our leadership teams for review. We wish the best of luck on your search for your perfect nights sleep and if there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

What a disappointment. Our king/split adjustable bed was set up wrong and we could only set one mattress at a setting of no 5 out of a 100 setting! It took a week for the air to get fixed, but then they discovered that our base is also broken and needs to be replaced. Still waiting on that to be done 3 weeks later. This is the biggest rip off on the planet. They say you can try it out for 100 days, and if you are not satisfied, you can return it and get your money back, but what they don't make clear is YOU CAN ONLY RETURN THE GLORIFIED AIR MATTRESS PART OF IT, YOU HAVE TO EAT THE REST, the base is NOT returnable. That was NOT made clear when they promised us we could return it within 100 days if not satisfied. But they say it was in the fine print. What a scam.

We spent $6,000 and we both wake up in PAIN every day. I have to sleep on the couch half of the time. I weight only 108 lbs and my entire body sinks in the middle of the mattress. I feel like I am sleeping in a ditch. The edges have a firm foam around it, but it caves in the middle, even when set at the highest #100! I find myself trying to teeter on the 6" foam edge part for some stability, but that is not easy to do. My back is killing me, everyday. I wake up with shooting pain up my spine. My husband is in pain too. We never had back issues until we bought this mattress. We await some firm base attachment that they are sending us to help correct the SAGGING issue. That should arrive today. I will continue to review this product to let everyone know what I didn't know when we bought this expensive mattress. Signing off for now... The Sad Sleeper.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi, Cynthia. We think it's important for all of our customers to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays. We'd like to help you sleep better as well. Just give us a call at and we'll get started.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information