Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
3.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7982 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My experience with the staff at the store was excellent! They were friendly and efficient. I wish I hadn't purchased a new one though because the sides don't stay in a nice firm line just like the one I replaced.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Mavis and we'd like to look into your concerns. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F and we'll get started.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had to replace a bed and I went to look at Sleep Number. I spoke to a sales professional there and he demonstrated the number of the beds and told me what the various prices were and the pros and cons. It was very professional. I bought their bed and the delivery team was great. They took their time setting up the bed and they did a good job. Sleep Number is a good product and my sleep has improved. It hasn’t improved to be perfect, but it’s getting there.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us! I'm glad you had a good visit with our team at your local store, and with your Home Delivery. If you'd like some tips on sleeping comfortably on your new bed, please give us a call from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so our team can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We purchased our bed on October 13, 2018. At that time we were told that each bed was specially made for the customer so it would be several weeks for delivery. We were also told that we would receive a remote to control the bed. The bed was delivered on October 31, 2018, we started having problems with it right off the bat. The night it was delivered the left side air chamber started deflating for no reason. This was the first time I was on the chat service with someone.

Within two weeks the air chamber on the right side started deflating nightly. So once again I was on with chat and was told steps that I needed to go through to figure out what was wrong. I followed those steps, contacted chat again and they sent a new air chamber. Within a month the bed was doing the same thing. This time I was told that they would send a new air chamber and a tech out. I was told that it would be two weeks before the tech could come out so I had to sleep on a bed that was not properly working. We decided to just do a return because we are within our 100-night trial. They were supposed to be here over the weekend but due to snow, they rescheduled for 17 days later. I now have to store this product in my tiny condo for an extra 17 days because I am being told that there is just nothing they can do.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I sincerely apologize for the frustration & inconvenience this has caused, Nicole. We strive to provide our customers with great service every step of the way, and it is clear we fell short of this goal for you. I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and I've passed along your review to our Leadership. I'm confident our team is working to get your return taken care of just as soon as we're able to, and I hope you'll continue working with them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've called support repeatedly on my new bed. I was excited when it was delivered. The excitement wore off after 3 days. Remote was dead. Killed the batteries.

Replaced the batteries after customer support said it was because of a firmware update for the remote, which it received the day we called. Ok, new batteries, some issues with the left side of the bed pushing my wife to the middle, and also rapid deflation during sleep.

More calls to service department and I was told my bed won't feel like the same model in the store because the one in the store is "broke in". No joy on why the bed deflates. Told to recalibrate. 3 or 4 days later, remote is dead again. Called support and got no help with the remote, "change the batteries, if it dies within 14 days we'll replace it". Still have problems with nighttime deflation (one side only), rolling my wife to the middle of the bed, and incorrect sleep number readings. My side was at 45 and it felt too hard, I hit down, the setting changed to 40, it started deflating and stopped, but still showed 45. Huh?

Called support again. They wanted to charge 200.00 to have someone come out. Called the store, they said they could waive the 200 dollar fee. Ok, scheduled the repair. Got a call from the service person. They will be out on the ** to "evaluate" the bed. WFT? Evaluate? How about FIX?!? If they don't bring the parts to fix it and force me to take another day off work for this I will be telling them to take the bed with them when they leave (I still have my Tempurpedic) and won't lose any sleep over sending it back. Didn't get the platform, so no restock on the pedestal. Will update my review if they make it right but for the moment I'm not optimistic.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your bed, Howard, and we appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Unfortunately, as there is often limited space on our trucks, our team does not carry replacement parts with them. We'll certainly share your suggestion with our Leadership for their review.

If there's anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know here, or give us a call from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and our team can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I'm sure when you look up the order number you will see the issue. If I could give you less than 1 star I would considering your poor customer service. The misdirection and lack of regard for the customer.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Sharif. I've reviewed your order number, as well as our previous conversation on Facebook, and I hope our managers were able to resolve your concerns. Should you have any further questions, I hope you'll continue working with them.

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Our sales person was Wayne. He helped us choose what pillow was best for our needs and was very patient and knowledgeable... we had a fun time. We would choose to work with him again and will recommend him to friends.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Perfect, Sherry. Thanks for sharing your review!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My remote has indicated connectivity problem on weekends and at night. There have been 2 or 3 visits by "technicians" to resolve the problem. I finally found that one of the legs of the bed had not been adjusted properly and the techs adjusted that on the last visit. It was working fine until two or three nights ago when the remote indicated "connectivity" problems again. I tried for an hour to find out where the problem is and finally disconnected the plug and reconnected a couple of minutes later. Problem gone. However, tried to call the number on the remote for assistance - number is not active!! Recalled it never has been. You should correct this information. Otherwise, the bed and service have been excellent. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

They called before coming. They wore shoe covers. Very quick at replacing the bladders. The only thing was that they came later than we thought. Put the bed back the way they found it. Offered other suggestions to solve the issue.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm glad you had a good experience with our team while they were in your home, Evelyn, and I appreciate you letting me know they were late arriving to your home. If there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had a queen size Sleep Number bed that was 16 years old. We moved into a new home and we wanted to get a king size. The sales reps at Sleep Number were very great. The manager, Matt, was terrific. A sales guy named Tim was also very good. They helped explain everything to us ‘cause it’s been a long time. We were very pleased with our sales experience. We love the bed and don’t wanna get out. But my wife hates it because she can’t get out of it. Other than that, Sleep Number's quality is great.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you so much for continuing to trust us with your sleep, Marc! I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with Matt & Tim at your local store and I hope you and your wife are sleeping well for years to come.

Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I couldn’t of been more please with customer service, along with taking the time to make sure that we completely understand each and every feature. Their compassion to understand what our needs were, and along with many laughs it was an enjoyable purchase that I know we won’t regret.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience picking out a new bed for your mom, Debra! Thank you for taking time to share your review with us, I hope everyone is sleeping well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Purchasing was 5 star, delivery was 5 star, sleep IS now 5 star. Thank you Sleep Number for your knowledgeable staff, honesty, professionalism, and great product. We couldn't be happier with our decision to purchase. We never felt pressured when we entered the store but were guided through the experience with facts and choices. That was just the beginning of the great experience. It culminated with delivery and excellent sleep from night 1.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for your kind review, Lila! I'm so glad you received great service at our store and with our delivery team, and I'm thrilled you're sleeping comfortably on your new bed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am very pleased. Everything works great and it’s very comfortable. The only wish I have is that I can have the bed adjustment timed so when I go to bed it’s already in the reading position. Other than that the bed is fantastic.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for sharing your review & your suggestion, Christopher! I've passed along your comments to our teams for review.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Great service and very knowledgeable. All explained easily and with care. Very courteous and kind. I viewed a lot of beds and found Sleep Number to be the best suited for my needs. I had neck surgery plus I suffer from back pain and this bed made me feel good at the showroom. Can't wait to get it home.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with our team, Luis! Thank you for taking time to share your review, we hope you love your new bed.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

As a whole I like my Sleep Number bed but I really doubt it will last 25 years. I bought my bed in 2007 and in one year the pillow top was lumpy. A salesperson suggested I get a memory foam topper but I fear it will make the Sleep Number adjustments less effective. The bed also seems to sag in the middle even though I sleep on one side. 4-5 years later the remote no longer showed the Sleep Number setting and I just pressed the up and down buttons until I was comfortable.

In 2016 I bought an adjustable bed frame and that remote no longer works. I called to finally get both remotes replaced and they are charging me $90 because they no longer have the remote that works with my pump and they have to send me a whole new pump. I used to justify the cost because it was supposed to last a long time but I am not sure it will last long enough. At least with the new pump they have combined the two remotes and I will at least have one less remote to deal with. I see the current beds are adjusted on your phone so at least they won't break.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with your bed, Andrea, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please give us a call or chat with us using the information below so we can review the concerns you've mentioned and see how we can best help.

Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I’ve been a long-term Sleep Number bed customer and I bought my bed back in 1998. It sounded like a good idea to me to be able to adjust both sides of the bed separately and be able to get a different firmness on one side of the bed. I also helped my mom and my boyfriend buy a bed and I just recently helped my friend’s mother buy a bed. She is 89 years old and she was having trouble with back issues. She was moving into an assisted living facility and they had to have a bed. I suggested that she might wanna look at Sleep Number because she could increase the bed firmness, or decrease it, depending on how she was feeling. She wanted a queen-sized bed, so we called the local Sleep Number place and asked them what the best way was to get a queen-sized mattress and what the options were. She wanted to stay within a specific price point, so she got the standard.

My experiences with the sales professionals at Sleep Number have always been really good. The only recent issue that I have had is I called the Novi, Michigan store a couple of times, but I got an answering machine instead of a person. They said if I left my number, somebody would call me back, but it was a little odd. After two or three times of doing that and not getting a callback, I contacted the Canton store and they answered right away. Otherwise, the people at the Novi store were really good and very receptive. There was a guy named David who works at that store who has been extremely helpful to me. And the guy at the Canton store too was Johnny-on-the-spot. He called me back about three or four times.

The mattress that got delivered for my friend’s mom got delivered to my front porch, but that was the UPS. I bought the adjustable bed frames separately for my current mattress and the delivery people delivered the bed frame and set it up for me. I would never buy another kind of bed. It is stupid to invest money in something and then have to buy a bed every four or five years. I had my first one in 1998 and I was gonna buy the whole new system when I went with the adjustable bed frame, but I thought that I would really be throwing away a bed that’s still very good. I was in the store trying to look at the new beds and somebody was trying to buy another one, and he offered to buy my 1998 bed from me while I was in the store. I said, “Nah, maybe not.” I’m a really strong proponent of Sleep Number beds. I tell everybody that I can’t imagine anybody buying anything different.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! We thank you for being a long-time fan, and we're thrilled you've recommended us to your friends and family.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't receive a call back when you left messages for our store in Novi, and I'll pass this on to our Leadership so we can follow up with our team here.

We hope you continue sleeping well for years to come. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I would say be sure and ask plenty of questions, which we did, however get your answer they give you verified through the company itself. I was assured by my salesman that the 100% refund was exactly that...100%. But that isn't the case. We even asked about on the receipt about the home delivery charge that it is also refundable. It is not... Basically to get your bed set-up delivered is 200.00 and if you return it, it is ANOTHER 200.00. (As If I wanted to do it myself I would know how to install the bed, let alone take it apart correctly.). The 100% refund if not completely satisfied is a farce. Also product wise, all this bed is, is a air mattress that inflates and deflates underneath extremely overpriced padding.

If you do not purchase the 5000.00 bed (which is the only one in the store. They keep you on while trying to sell you the bed) the comfort level of the padding is negligent. Being married and trying to have "marital" fun on the bed is nearly impossible as the bed deflates when... say your partner might be sitting in your lap? Or if you are sitting at the head of the bed and your spouse sits on the base of the bed you bounce up. Maybe this is fun, in a bouncy house at the Circus, but not as a bed. Upon returning it, we were told that the delivery and setup and picking up of the bed was non refundable. Fine time to let us know. Be very wary of this company and its practices (and its bed). We have since gone with a Nectar bed... which we love and has a no questions asked FULL refund.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry our bed wasn't a better fit for you, Brian. We think it's important for all our customers to know that we offer a 100 night in home trial, rather than a free trial, as we do require our owners to pay the cost of shipping/delivery. We aren't always able to confirm what is said in store so we look to provide our return policies in multiple locations such as our website as well as in the paperwork we ask you to review and sign off on at the time of purchase. If you don't recall reviewing the terms of sale, please send us a private response with your order number and we'll get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I just want to recognize Rebekah ** at the La Cantera, San Antonio location. My boyfriend and I went to MULTIPLE mattress locations with multiple companies and absolutely no one came up to us anywhere or even greeted us at others. We are a young couple so they probably didn’t take us seriously but we were ready to buy a mattress soon. Rebekah greeted us and treated us like a valued customer which was appreciated. She took time with us and made sure we understood what we were getting and we didn’t feel pressure to buy. Very happy with our experience and will definitely be recommending!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Alexandria. It always makes our day to hear when our staff has provided excellent service!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The purpose of my visit was to upgrade my existing 13 year old Sleep Number bed. The store manager, Amber, was welcoming, friendly and very helpful in assisting me. She made me feel like a valued customer. She was very knowledgeable, and made sure I understood the functions of each bed. I did upgrade, and left a very happy customer!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks a ton for sharing your experience, Sherry. We're so happy to hear about the great service you received at our store, and we hope you sleep better than ever your new bed!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The minute my husband and I walked into the store, we were greeted nicely, allowed to look around without being "sold" on something right away. The purchase was absolutely painless. The delivery of the mattress was equally wonderful; they were dressed well, clean, and covered their shoes. Overall, we are very happy.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing the details of your experience, Priscilla. We're thrilled you had a wonderful time working with our staff from shopping to delivery!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I think this is the worst company I have ever had to buy products from. I've never had a more horrible experience trying to get the most expensive furniture I've ever bought delivered to my home. What kind of company allows a $5,000 purchase to only be delivered and a time frame from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. no matter what day you pick!?! So what happens when it's only you and there's no one else to be there at 3 to 6 pm? Does the bed just simply not show up? Well according to my customer service representative, that's what happens. You can't make THEIR SCHEDULE you don't get YOUR BED. I've never had a company tell me that I--the customer-- am an absolute inconvenience to the delivery routing schedule. Not only are they refusing to give me a time that works FOR ME in the morning, they're telling me there's nothing they can do for me and we'll just have to start the return process. GLADLY!!! YOU'LL NEVER GET MY MONEY AGAIN.

And everyone will know the experience. The recorded phone call with your incredibly rude agent to the online chat with another rep because I didn't want to call and have the same treatment again. Worst consumer experience EVER! Worst salesmanship! I was actually lied to! I asked the sales representative in the store if the bed could be delivered early in the morning after finding out when you purchase a bed they force a $200 requirement for them to show up and give you your bed... But only at their convenience! The entire transcript of this conversation will be blasted on every online review outlet I can find. I have never been so insulted by a company. I'd give ZERO stars if I could. The most sleep I got on this bed was the 3 seconds when I closed my eyes at the store to see if it just felt comfortable... Sad isn't it?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're very sorry that our delivery time frames are not working with your schedule, Benjamin. When the routing is planned for delivery they take into consideration the area so we can make as many deliveries as possible in a day. This occasionally does not allow for specific time frames to be chosen for your address and we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We'll be sure to get your comments shared with our leadership teams so we can look into ways to improve our delivery processes in the near future.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased our bed on December 30th. I was given a delivery date of January 7th (yesterday). Minutes before the delivery truck arrived I got a call from Sleep Number from ** at 12:31 PM CST telling me that the truck that was arriving had the wrong parts and the correct parts would be shipped to me by UPS overnight and arrive Wednesday, January 9th. I then told the gentleman I was speaking to that I could not take another day off work for the new delivery date. After putting me on hold for some time, he came back with an installation date of Saturday, January 11th. I also I asked if the driver/delivery people had been informed and I was told they had. When the truck arrived, the two delivery people told me that they had NOT been told and they were extremely frustrated with the situation as well. The driver had to call the company to find out what was going on.

Later yesterday I received an email telling me that my delivery date is now Tuesday, January 22nd. These calls are supposedly recorded, so there should be a record of everything that was said. This is unacceptable for several reasons. 1) I CANNOT take any more time off work. 2) Because I thought we would only have to wait a week, I let the delivery people go ahead and take our existing mattress. We figured we could survive on the guest bed for a few days ONLY!! Right now I have the base set up for the new bed and boxes of incorrect parts in my room. I went to the store where we bought the bed in the hopes that the sales people there might have more "pull" to help us.

After being on the phone, the salesperson at the store said there is nothing that can be done to change the set-up date. This makes NO SENSE!! There is no need for a delivery truck. All of the parts are at my house. All that is needed is a technician to come and set it up, do the demo and leave. It is UNACCEPTABLE after spending over $5000.00 on a bed, being told I would have it by the 7th, then the 11th and now the 22nd, that this cannot be rectified. My husband is so angry he wants to just return the bed outright!! This situation needs to be fixed!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused, Victoria, and I really appreciate you sharing your feedback on your experience. I'm confident our team is working to get your new bed to you just as soon as possible and I hope you'll continue working with them. If there's anything I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I find time to be my most precious commodity. So after spending the many hours working that it takes to earn the money to buy your beds (we have 3). I find it insulting that you would not send a technician out to look at our leaking bed. Instead we are asked to call your support line, self diagnose, order parts from you and then when I didn't get around to it on a timely basis (my husband inflates his side of the bed every night) We have a handyman call your helpline to make necessary corrections. Still not working. So frustrating as now warranty is pro-rated and I am paying for a service call. Certainly not representative of a semi- luxury brand. Sang your praises for years but this is not the resolution I am looking for.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your bed, Lisa. We strive to make our beds easier to service, should our owners have any trouble, which is why our 25 Year Limited Warranty provides coverage for replacements due to manufacturer defects but doesn't include a technician. We can often do troubleshooting right over the phone or online and get a solution on its way often in less time than it would take for a technician to come out and report back to us. If you'd prefer to have one of our technicians come out and go through the troubleshooting for you or install a replacement part, that is an option we can offer for a fee. If you'd like more details on our 25 Year Limited Warranty, I've included a link for you here:

I've shared your comments with our Leadership for their review. If you have any questions I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Comfortable and quality. We don’t ache like we used to, and get a solid sleep now. We haven’t used the base/zero gravity as much but in time, and with age, we will enjoy that as well. We plan to have this a long time. Thank you.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Mel. It always makes our day to hear when our owners are getting a comfortable and restful night's sleep!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I have already recommended the product and the team to a variety of people. It was a lovely experience and example of great customer service. The gentlemen who set up and demonstrated how the bed work were thoughtful, had good interpersonal skills, demonstrated great teamwork and seemed to enjoy what they were doing.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your amazing review, Donna. Rest your best!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We recently purchased the king size adjustable bed, our third Sleep Number bed in the last 20 years. The purchase and delivery process was without issue. The bed is very comfortable and we are pleased with it. Our only BIG issue is the fact that the bed comes with only one controller. That they would charge an additional 39 dollars for a second controller for a bed designed for two people that costs over 7000 dollars we find unconscionable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback, Dayna. If you have any questions we can help with, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Pump and digitals went south on me some time back... The Lady that I talked to was very respectful about my problems, I am a retired 23 Year Navy Veteran and am on a limited income, she was extremely cordial with my problem and suggested a re-built pump and a dial. I apologize to her as she was very cordial with my problem... I think her name was Wanda, very NICE Lady...

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review with us, R. D. While we're sorry you've experience some trouble with your remote and pump, we're glad to hear that Wanda was able to assist with a solution for your concerns. If you find you have any further questions or concerns for us, please don't hesitate to reach out by calling 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

The sales person we worked with was very knowledgeable about the beds he was talking about. He made my wife and I understand about the beds. He demonstrated several beds and made sure we were able to find a bed that would work for us. When we were ready to buy a new bed he walked us through the whole process. He set up a date for the delivery and get the sheets and mattress pad ordered.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your stellar review, Ronald. Wishing you the best!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

At my age I just have trouble sleeping at night so I decided to go check out the Sleep Number Beds in York. After a little bit of research online about Sleep Number I went into the York store with hopes to find something to help myself and my husband have a better night's sleep. I was greeted with a welcoming group of reps and one came up right away to meet with us. She gave us a very knowledgeable overview of what the Sleep Number beds can do for us and took us over to the area where we could find our Sleep Number.

After finding a number that suited us we went on search through the store for what I thought would be the best for my sleep with wonderful suggestions from our rep. I was just so happy to not feel pressured in the Store. I dislike pushy salespeople and I didn't feel like that at all. And I had all my questions asked and then decided to go for the Sleep Number Bed switch. Thank you so much York for your help and I highly recommend anyone looking to change their night's sleep for a better one to check out a Sleep Number location.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My wife and I were in a wreck recently, no breaks but we were jolted and jerked around. After chiropractic adjustments we went to SN. We felt no pain while laying on those beds. Life has just gotten a whole lot better. Thank God.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Jeffrey. We're so happy to hear our beds have helped!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Sales associate Jennifer ** was extremely courteous and met our needs without any pressure. She didn't present too many bed selections so as not to confuse our decision of the bed that was most appropriate. We will definitely recommend the local Sleep Number store to our friends.

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information