Find a Mattress Brands partner

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sleep Number

4.3/5 (471 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Sleep Number

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

In store was a great experience but The cancellation process was an absolute nightmare and I understand your company doesn’t want people to cancel when you want to talk them into things but to purposely make it a slow and painful process is actually going to drive someone further away from your company. There should be a direct line that someone at the store can call or a direct line a customer after waiting on hold for hours after already talking to someone in queue for 20 minutes should be able to call. I have dealt with many companies in my years of business in this ranks is some of the worst along with AOL and Comcast for canceling anything. I called the new customer sign up and got through within seconds but then was told there is no direct line for canceling so it’s obviously planned that way. 2 days in a row over one hour waiting periods to cancel. I get a callback which was fine but then I was put on hold again for almost 2 hours.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We glad our store team was able to assist you, and we apologize for your customer experience during the return process as it's not what we want you to expect. We've made sure to pass your valuable feedback on to our phone team for training and review purposes.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I am writing to share how thoroughly impressed we have been with the customer service we have received from Adam Place in Coral Ridge Mall. Adam first spent a great deal of time answering my questions on the phone prior to our trip to Coralville. During the call, I shared with Adam that my husband and I were ultra Covid-cautious. Unbelievably, he offered to open the store for us 90 minutes early, for a private session, in order to help us to be comfortable.

After setting up our appointment, we made the 1.5 hour drive from Burlington to Coralville to meet with Adam. The trip was worth every mile! He treated us with respect and patience as we asked many questions. We did not feel pressured at all as we made the decision to buy yet another Sleep Comfort bed (we had our old bed for 19 years). Since delivery of our bed, which was also amazing, Adam has called to check on our satisfaction. Please give Adam the accolades he deserves within your company. He is amazing, and we appreciate him so much! Terri and George **

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2021

Everything about Sleep Number is great except the delivery confirmation. They claim there is no way to confirm all your bed parts ordered are at the hub warehouse when the delivery team goes to pick up your items until the day of delivery, yet you get several "delivery confirmation emails and texts...one of which you confirm you will be home...weeks before your delivery date. Our bed was delayed five weeks from original confirmation date because of this poor system of communication until I researched and found a way to speak by phone to an assistant to a CEO and voice my disappointment and hardships over the matter. They then were able to get us a delivery date three weeks later without a real guarantee it would even be delivered on that date. They promised to report the issue at the next staff meeting and I was reimbursed $200 + for accessories I had purchased to go with my bed.

The delivery crew said the issue had not been solved and that their system did not work in such a way that the warehouse could confirm all items were there until the delivery team arrived to pick them up. That in my opinion is bad for their business especially in this day of cell phones and computers and especially for high priced items. They never said this was due to Covid.

They also have communication issues between sales training and e-mail instructions that is in conflict with what the consumer is responsible to do before the bed arrives. We did what was in writing which left us without an assembled bed for a night, and we are senior citizens. We disassembled and removed our old bed from the room hours before the new one was expected to arrive. When it didn't arrive my 76 year old husband had to sleep on the floor until I figured out how to reassemble our old sleep number bed without instructions. It was 17 years old I believe. Our original delivery confirmation said it could arrive as late as 11 P.M.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We apologize for your trouble, and for the frustration, it has caused. We've made sure to pass your experience for training purposes and to help improve our processes.

Original review: March 12, 2021

The primary reason for the 10 can be summed up in two words: Elishia (in the Spokane store) and Cheryl, (who called from customer service). Elishia responded to my email within 10 min of it being sent and has been a solid gold asset to Sleep Number for her helping with an issue with a bed and a breakdown in the chat line contact. Her customer service is beyond reproach and well above what I expected or deserved. She has gone the "Extra mile" for me and deserves recognition for her efforts. There have been numerous emails back and forth and her professionalism abounds. She is a real credit to sleep number and represents the company in most positive way.

Cheryl also deserves recognition for the way she dealt with my disability during our phone conversation. I am profoundly hearing impaired. She understood that and made a wonderful effort to speak slowly and very clearly so I had no problem understanding her. I don't know where you found these folks, but if you were smart, you would go back there and find a dozen more just like them. Employees like them are a priceless asset to any company. Thank you for your time.

Bill **

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I would have loved to give the delivery team a five star rating. I thought that they were professional, knowledgeable and treated my home with care. The thing that bothers me the most was that the delivery team didn’t have on shoe booties that would’ve protected my floors and carpet in my master bathroom. In the days of Covid it would have been assuring that the delivery was not tracking in dirt and germs, in to my house from every house they delivered to that day. If this is not a company policy, it should be. You’re bringing something into the most private room in their house.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Douglas. We strive to provide a great experience every step of the way, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. We've shared your review with our Leadership, so they can follow up with our Delivery Team.

If there's anything we can help with, please let us know.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Sincerely,

Sleep Number

Online Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Rachel in San Jose provided amazing customer service and was the reason I purchased my bed in the first place. She also helped a friend I referred. The bed is amazing and so comfortable. I am getting incredible sleep. So happy!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Excellent Service for a Remarkable Bed. The comfort of this bed is allowing me to enjoy going into bed again. I have issues with joint pains and getting into a comfortable position. This bed handles All of that during my sleep cycle. I wake up ready for my day.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Purchased bed 11/20/2021 with a delivery date of 1/7/2022. Received multi emails confirming the delivery and setup including one on 1/7/2022 with an appointment time of 2-5PM. At 1:16 I get an email saying delivery and setup will be 2/4/2022. 1 hour and 25 minutes on hold with customer service to be told nothing but it will be delivered 2/4. I'm going looking for a new bed, thanks for nothing Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We apologize you haven't had the delivery experience you hoped for and for help looking into your concerns further just send us a Private Response with your order information. We've made sure to pass your feedback on for training and review purposes.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I absolutely HATE this bed system and when I think about what my husband and I paid for it, in a year with multiple emergency purchases during a lockdown pandemic, it makes me want to cry. The majority reviews are so positive my expectations were high. The responsive air technology is a joke. It "responds to your movements and automatically adjusts firmness on each side". Oh? You rolled on your back, let's firm this up! Nope. What it REALLY means is "sit here while you put on your socks and I'll deflate so much you can't get out of the valley created!" Add in the regular adjustability and you may as well stick with your regular mattress. The one you roll around in for an hour before exhausting yourself into an uncomfortable sleep because you'll do the same thing trying to find your number on a Sleep Number.

The SleepIQ tech is definitely interesting, but again, my expectations. "Get personalized tips to improve energy levels and help you sleep better". Okay. I wake up every morning just as tired as when I went to bed. What can I do to improve that? Sleep in a certain position? Adjust the firmness? No. Take a half hour nap. Really? I was in bed for 10:15 hours it took me 2:00 hours to fall asleep, had 6:30 hours restless sleep and an hour or so of restful sleep and my bed is telling me to take a half hour nap. Should I eat my veggietables too mommy?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We'd like to look into this with you further and see how we're able to help with your bed concerns. Just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 or send us a Private Response with your order information.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Marco and Daniel did an excellent job. At no point was there any inkling of an idea that they were not familiar with the product. Marco did a superlative job of training us and making us aware of our support options. Excellent professionalism!!

Armando & Sharon

Select Comfort author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information