Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had an older Sleep Number. I got a new one since I needed a bed that accommodated my health. The head lifts up on the new Sleep Number. I have breathing issues and fibromyalgia so the whole bed helps. Its quality is a 100%. I'm happy with it. Their sales reps were all very pleasant as well. I got along with them just fine. Also, the guys delivered the bed and set it up. They explained everything to me that if I move, they'll come, take it down and set it up again if I want them to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For the past week and change, I've been sleeping on the floor as I await my new mattress. I recently moved and sold my mattress before I moved in anticipation for the delivery of my mattress, which I was told would, was scheduled to ship at most within 7 days. Having called customer service multiple times since placing that order, I've been told in fact the shipping date is anywhere between 14-17 days due to issues in the manufacturing process - but I haven't gotten any firm assurances. So in addition to the time it would take for UPS to deliver the mattress, I'm looking at about a month before I see a mattress and get off the floor.

While a customer service rep did offer to refund the shipping charge, it's really unacceptable for a mattress to take a month for delivery. More so, to tell me multiple times (in person and email) that it would take 5-7 days to ship from the warehouse, is misleading and unfortunate. As a new customer, I have faith in both the mattress and Sleep Number's customer service, but unfortunately that comes at the cost of my back.

Resolution In Progress

When I placed my order and then again on the confirmation email I was told it would ship in 5-7 days. After 10 days when I hadn't heard anything I contacted customer support and then was told, "Oh no, shipping takes 14 to 17 days." I have already paid the credit card bill and have nothing to show for it. Too much of a difference.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi, Jill. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your bed. It sounds like the supervisors were working towards a solution by troubleshooting what might be wrong. We want all of our customers to know that your warranty covers any replacements due to defects, but we suggest troubleshooting over the phone or online because it lets us find out what needs to be replaced and order the new part while we’re talking with you rather than waiting for a technician to come out and look at the bed. That means the replacement arrives much faster than it would if we had to wait to hear from a technician and it makes sure the situation is taken care of and our owners start sleeping well again as soon as possible. We understand that while our beds are easy to work on in the event you experience any trouble, not all of our owners will be able to complete all of the necessary steps to help us get to the bottom of their concerns. We can offer to have one of our technicians come to your home to look into this for you for a fee. We hope that you continue to work with the supervisor you've been working with to find a resolution. If you have any other questions we can help with, simply give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll be glad to help.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: June 14, 2017

Our I-10 split King bed was comfortable at first but after 2 years, one side is lumpy (#85) and the other side is slipping off of the base repeatedly (#60), and is very uncomfortable. When I called, the first associate said it was out of warranty and could not help. After escalating to a supervisor, I got 2 different opinions from two helpful people. Bottom line was that it was recommended that we plump the top mattress which is foam and hard to plump, and either put hard foam under the side that is drifting off of the bed, or (second opinion) look in the base and see if struts are failing. To get a technician will cost $179 to help. Product failure after only two years is unacceptable. This product cost $10,000, and should not be failing after two years.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry you've experienced some trouble with your pump, Justin. It's important for our customers to know that defects in our beds are rare, but the ones that do occur most often pop up within the first two years of use. That's why we fully cover the cost of any replacement parts due to defects during the first two years of your limited warranty, and provide prorated coverage thereafter. I'd be happy to take a second look at this for you, just send me a message with your order and contact information and I'll get to work as soon as possible.

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 13, 2017

My pump on my Sleep Number bed (7000 California King) decided to stop working after a few years of use. The agent told me I was responsible for a $250 pump on a bed I paid THOUSANDS of dollars for. I have purchased 3 beds from this company, and apparently my business doesn't matter to them. Not only will I never buy another Sleep Number bed, but I will let everyone I know hear about the terrible customer service I have received as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased our first mattress over 20 years ago. Right from the start our backaches were gone. Now in our 70's we are in need of a new one. We both have arthritic problems and looking forward to a new mattress. We are pretty active on our farm in MN, so a good night's sleep is important to us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi, Tauheedah. If there's something we can help with, just send us a quick Private Message with your account info and we'll look into your concerns.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: June 12, 2017

Mom of 9 kids, we escaped DV, worked 2-3 jobs at a time. Kids grown now, 19 grands 5 greats, director of non-profit S.W.A.N. loading and delivering donations every week. Sleep on an old mattress that leaves me in pain during my dreams. Help Me!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know that you're enjoying your bed and the experience you've had with Jose and Nick. We wishing you the best and if you ever have any questions for us down the road, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Very satisfied with delivery people Jose and Nick. They were right on time and very courteous. Very helpful in setting up the bed and taking my old mattress and frame. I would highly recommend them to any home. Jose explained the remote control to me. It took them just about one hour to set up the bed and now I am enjoying a good nights sleep every night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Sleep Number. I tried one out for myself in the store and bought my first one. I got everything such as the base, comforter, pillows, and sheets. I've had my Sleep Number for six months now. They've got great customer service. I set up the bed myself and it was pretty easy. It was a great experience overall.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Robert, thanks for taking time to bring your concerns to our attention. After reviewing your file I see that both sets of sheets have since delivered to you and I sincerely apologize that the proper shipping expectations were not provided to you. We try to ensure all of our owners have a great experience with us, and it's clear we fell short of this goal. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us, and I'll be sure to forward your comments on to our leadership teams. If you find you have any additional questions or concerns, please just let me know.

Original review: June 11, 2017

In December 2016 I purchased a Sleep Number bed along with linens which were very expensive. While the bed is OK, we immediately had a problem with the linens and when taken back to the local store they said we had to get replacement from customer service. We were told they would ship within 5 days from May 27. And when not received, customer service was called on June 7 and we were told they were never shipped but would be that day and we would have by Saturday.

On Thursday of that week I noticed that they only were shipping one set instead of the required 2 and called and once again spoke with Customer Service. They acknowledged the error and said again that it would ship immediately 2 days delivery. Saturday has come and gone with no sheets. While the bed is OK but for the amount of money spent, I would not repeat this purchase. The lack of customer service from Sleep Number has definitely ruined the experience of dealing with this company. I should have known since we had trouble with customer service the days immediately following the purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Music to our ears, Amy! Keep up the amazing rest :-)

Original review: June 10, 2017

This has been the best purchase we have ever made! We purchased from the Stone Creek Store from John and Ben and they were fantastic. The delivery guys were awesome, they were polite and personable. They knew exactly what they were doing. Very professional! I just can't say enough about the people and product. I will be telling everyone I know they need to get a Sleep Number bed. Thank you so much Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, Tom. We're very sorry about the delay in the delivery of your new bed and that it resulted in you cancelling your order. We try to provide a great experience for all of our owners from start to finish, and it's clear we've fallen short of that goal in this case. We really appreciate the feedback and your comments will be forwarded to our leadership teams so we may improve in the future. If you ever have any other questions we can assist with, please just let us know.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Having been a customer for over 15 years, shocked at how this company has declined. I ordered a new bed and was first told it would take two weeks for delivery, now it's another two weeks. A month for a bed? This was the first sign of how flawed the company is. Next, they force you to pay for them to set it up. I've set up earlier models many times, but these greedy folks want more money now by gouging you for a required setup. Really disappointed in the decline of this company. I'm now trying to cancel the order. I ordered a Casper for another room, and the service and quality was excellent. Sad that is no longer is the case with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Kathy. I can't apologize enough for the trouble you've had with the delivery of your new bed! I see that you've already spoken to one of our supervisors, Amy, and I'm so sorry that she wasn't able to assist with getting your bed sooner. We aim to provide an exceptional experience for all of our owners, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. I want you to know your feedback is extremely important to us, and I'll be forwarding your comments on to our Leadership team for review. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: June 10, 2017

I can't even tell you how frustrated I am with this purchase. I was told that I should buy it before the Memorial Day rush to beat all the deliveries because it will be busy. They scheduled a delivery date at the time of purchase and I did it 6/13 because I had to request for a day off from work ahead of time. Next thing you know, after I get off work Friday, I get a call saying it won't be delivered. I wasted taking a whole day off when I could be working and making money.

Then I called customer service where the first time, she didn't know what was going on so she said she call me back within an hour, never got a callback - waited 3 hours before I called customer service again. Then I called and was on hold for 25 minutes before I got anybody! Then I got transferred like 4 times. I was on the phone with customer service for an hour. 1 rep told me it would be 6/23 and he can refund me the home delivery and maybe a few hundred off. Then he transferred me to supposedly his supervisor, then she said she would only do the home delivery and it won't be delivered until 7/3! I purchased this on 5/26 and requested for time off which lost me money for the original delivery. Now it's been over a month to even get the bed. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, David. We want you to know we advertise that we offer an In Home Trial rather than a free trial specifically because our owners are responsible for shipping costs should they decide their beds aren't a fit for them. We also think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please reply here with the name and address we delivered your bed to and we can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

After agreeing to a trial period, my wife and I decided that this wasn't for us after less than 1 week. I called to return and I was told that only the mattress can be returned. The motorised frame was not able to be returned and is going to cost me a little over $2700 plus a shipping cost of $129 for them to pick up the mattress or $29 per UPS SHIPPING LABEL (it takes 5) and I have to buy the boxes (in case you don't want to do math today that is over $150 and you still have to take it to the UPS store. Now we are stuck paying for a frame I will never use and can't sell. Let's face it. Who is going to pay the full cost... I was never told about the frame requirement, only that if I did not like it we could return it. When the installers were here I was told again I could return my Sleep Number if it wasn't for us... A CLASS ACTION SHOULD BE FILED!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're so happy that we could provide you with a great experience, William. Thanks for sharing your review and if you ever have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sleep well!

Original review: June 9, 2017

My purchase experience with the Sleep Number bed was one of the best I've had in many years. The salesperson at the store was so patient in dealing with a hard of hearing old man and made sure I understood everything so that I purchased the right bed for me. The bed was delivered right on time by 2 friendly young men and assembled very quickly. They left me very comfortable in knowing how to work my bed. Overall a 10 experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're very sorry for the delay you have experienced, Cassandra. We see that you've already spoken to one of our supervisors, Melissa, and we're sorry that she wasn't able to assist with getting your bed sooner. Our teams are doing everything in our power to deliver your bed to you as soon as possible and we really appreciate your additional feedback. Your comments will be passed on to our leadership so that we may improve in the future. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Go Somewhere else. I went to the store and got reassured I could have my bed in 2 weeks no more. I got a call this morning from the tech that they would be here and call before they arrived. I call work to say I had to stay home and had someone take my bed. Now I have nowhere to sleep! I get a call 1 hour before my delivery time ends saying they need to reschedule at least 2 weeks out. All I was offered was to refund the delivery fee, which I think it is terrible to charge in the first place, on a bed that costs thousands of dollars! I could get better service at a Discount Depot. I absolutely regret my decision!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had previous purchases with Sleep Number and have had their products for six years. I had a p6 in one residence and I’m pleased with the quality of the model. I was convinced to buy the p5 when it was on a special as I was told it would be just like a p6. However, that was not the case and I purchased a p6 to replace it. My only disappointment is that I feel like I was misled with the p5 and ended up buying two beds instead of one. Other than that, Sleep Number is a great product and they have good customer service. I'd definitely recommend it to a lot of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So my husband and I were very excited to be getting a new bed. We visited our local Sleep Number store where the associate was absolutely fantastic. We were told if we were to order it would take 2 weeks to receive our new bed. We wanted to think about it and do a little more research. Later on we were chatting with an agent online asking a few more questions. The agent stated to us if we were to place our order through the chat feature our order would process 24 hours faster than doing it online or in a store, but we would receive our bed in two weeks. A few days before our 2 week timeframe I reached out again to someone in chat to kind of get a timeframe on shipping since we had still not received notice our bed had shipped. This agent told me again within 2 weeks from our order date (which was 2 days away) and so it would ship early this week and we would have it in 2-3 days of shipping.

Well it is now the middle of the week and I reached out to customer service through chat again today to have the agent basically say the others lied to me on the "lead time", he doesn't know when we will get our bed, and basically to just wait for the shipping email to arrive. These are not cheap beds by any means. If you are taking thousands of dollars from someone, you should at least be able to give an appropriate timeframe or be able to update someone when they will get their bed. At this point I am VERY dissatisfied and will NOT be recommending Sleep Number to anyone based on this experience alone. Horrible customer service. If my husband was not as impressed as he was with this bed, I would cancel the order and save myself a lot of money and trouble. Hope this bed is worth it because as of now it is not worth the hassle.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased multiple times from Sleep Number but the last thing we got was a pillow. It's a great product and I love the quality. It's comfortable and sleep-changing. They also have great customer service and the sales reps were very helpful. We went in, they answered questions and gave us details. I refer everybody to Sleep Number. They're awesome.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us, Michelle :-) Rest your best!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: June 6, 2017

We needed a bed and we bought from Sleep Number based on recommendations from friends. We got a mattress, a couple of pillows, and we went back for another pillow and also got the mattress protector. The salespeople were all good. They answered all our questions and got us in and out on one of the purchases since we had kids with us. It was the same thing with the delivery team. They were in and out, set up in no time, and showed us what to do. It's been close to a year now since our purchase and all is well. The quality of the products we got was good. The cost is a little high but you get what you pay for. Overall, our experience with Sleep Number was wonderful. We’ve recommended them to a friend and she has already purchased.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're sorry you haven't been enjoying your bed, Tom. While many of our owners are able to sleep well right away, for others it can take some additional customization before they're fully enjoying their beds, which is why we offer those additional solutions for any concerns our owners may have. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with us, and will forward your comments on to our Leadership for their review. If you have any questions we can help with, just send us a private reply and we'll be happy to see how we can assist you.

Jamie S

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have had this bed for only two years and a chamber went out and I spent more money on it. The bed has always had a dip in the middle of it. You have to call customer service and get extra parts even though they already know this from so many complaints. It seems like they would just send these parts at the time of installation. The CS department doesn't know how to answer questions nor do they care. I had asked the one rep about the dip. He said because we have two different number. So I called and it was a common problem. The bed has actually caused me neck and back issues. My wife hates it. The warranty on a bed this expensive is only two years! You can buy 3-4 mattresses for that which I would recommend. Customer service will put you on hold for 15 plus minutes so be ready for that.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Lisa, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. I've reviewed your file, and see you've been in touch with our managers and they've been working with you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to our managers again and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Jamie S

Original review: June 5, 2017

The customer service at Sleep Number SUCKS. I spent a ton of money on my bed and I just ordered a set of sheets. I placed my order and when I got the box today, I got two pillows and a mattress cover. THEY SENT THE WRONG STUFF. Customer service then tells me that I HAVE TO TAKE MY TIME to take the return box to UPS for return shipping. THIS WAS NOT MY MISTAKE, but THEIRS. They wouldn't arrange for UPS to pick up the box. The box is huge and won't even fit in my car. I will never buy anything else there and would never recommend them to anyone!!! If I could give them 0- stars I would.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

WARNING: I purchased a Sleep Number bed for over 6k dollars. "Their policy" is after 100 days you can not return bed. I am at 160 days and this bed is horrific. We wake up in back pain every day, so I decided to call and they will not do anything for me. Meanwhile, we spent over 6k and can't get our money back. Worse nights sleep ever... We gave it a chance and now can't even get a refund. WORSE company ever.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience, Ken :-) Wishing you the very best!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I had a great experience with my new Sleep Number bed. It is my second one and I love the way they sleep. They help with my back problems. There was an issue because when delivered, it had a leak in one of the air bags. A new one was overnighted, I put it in and all has been great since.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, Robert. I'm glad you're enjoying your bed, and if there's ever anything we can help with in the future please just let us know.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I needed a new bed. I looked on the Sleep Number website and pretty much knew what I wanted when I went in. I got their mattress and the delivery crew came in and set it up. The mattress has excellent quality and it's way better than my old mattress. It's been a good experience and I've made recommendations of the Sleep Number to other people.

One side of our 4000 dollar bed is not holding air. I've inquired into support to handling this issue and it's up to the customer to troubleshoot what the problem might be. To get support from manufacturer has a starting cost of over $200 more than an electrician or plumber. That amazes me! Of course this info was never passed on to the customer at time of sale. I think that was a major issue not passed on to the customer at purchase. You are required to fix their product. Not acceptable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Sleep Number before and it was three years old. When I moved out and I wanted a different style, I bought my second Sleep Number and I got the mattress, base, pillows, and bedding. The sales reps were all very professional and I’ve always dealt with one person here in Baton Rouge who has always taken very good care of me. Sleep Number also did home delivery. The team was very professional and knowledgeable. They set my bed up and they hooked it up to the internet so I can do the Sleep Number on my phone. I’ve not had any real problem with my purchases and I've enjoyed them. The Sleep Number is a very comfortable bed. I travel a lot and it is one of the things that I enjoy about being home, being able to sleep in my own bed. I have also had four people buy a Sleep Number bed based on my recommendation.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, Matt!

Brett B

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 3, 2017

We are completely satisfied with everything from start to finish. The salesperson started us off and was wonderful. We were kept informed by email on the status of purchase. The 2 delivery guys were very nice and explained it all. They were in and out, a great job!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Let me make this very clear, I've had at least one mattress to die for, so I know what a good mattress is. However, I purchased a Sleep Number bed for our new bed because the advertising had me convinced I would get the best sleep ever. The advertising is wrong. Neither my husband or I could find our Sleep Number to this day after 3 years. I wanted so much to send it back before the trial ended, but my husband didn't want to offend the salesperson who was also a friend. I tried a bunkie board, mattress accessories for extra comfort as well as many phone calls to customer service with no relief. I have had the worse back pain ever since. I just can't take it anymore and feel I was manipulatively deceived by the advertising and I'm ready to take it to the dump. I believe my husband was right when he called it a glorified air mattress.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently bought the Sleep Number i8. We went with a home delivery for the mattress and everything was fine. We've had Sleep Numbers for 15 years and we love them. When we go out of town, we can't wait to get back home. We can't sleep on any other beds and we'll always have one. We've given one to our daughter and we have one in the front room. We always recommend Sleep Number.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We love these beds. Started in 2002 with a 5000 Select Comfort Eastern King. When we moved in 2007, we put the 5000 in our guest room, and upgraded to the 9000. Spending time with our children for a week at a time, couldn't take their "extra worn out" beds, so purchased beds for visiting. When we aren't visiting, the kids moved the beds into their bedrooms! One of our sons purchased the new Sleep IQ. We also purchased a twin and had a Murphy bed made to fit! We're a Sleep Number family!

One thing which has always surprised me is the warranty on these beds. They are always ready to help in the service department. If something needs replacing, they take care of it at no cost or at a very reduced price with the upgraded part. We thank Select Comfort for offering a wonderful product, standing behind it (which is amazing!) and the great prices for the beds and replacement parts!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile