2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: March 8, 2020

We are very pleased with the sales at the Florida Mall. The only thing I would complain about is the delivery fee. $199.99 is a lot for the amount of time it took them that was ridiculous. We only had the bed/mattress delivered. We already had the bed and the frame put together. They were done and gone in 30 min. I did feel the lady that called me to tell me the delivery team was in front of my house was rude on the phone.

I explained to her that I was told between 1:00 - 5:00. It was not even 1:00. I was at therapy. I told her I would be there as soon as I can. She said they can only wait 15 min. They would have to leave. I told her again, "Well mam it is not 1:00 yet. I still have time." She said I will have to hurry or I would have to reschedule. I explained I will be there as soon as possible. The guys were nice about it and they explained they only had one more delivery after me that it was fine. I would suggest that the people calling you should be nicer to the client. I am disabled at this time and I could not just rush like she wanted me to.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
    We appreciate your feedback on the pricing for our Home Delivery, and we apologize for the experience you had when you were contacted by our scheduling team. We strive to provide great service every step of the way, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. If there's anything we can help with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I have had my split King for 5 yrs and one side will no longer stay on the movable platform. This leaves a large opening in the center between the two mattresses. Many things fall through this space such as remote control both the TV and the bed, and sometimes the dog. I have called for help and was told to check the alligator clips that hold the mattress cover to movable frame. They have ripped through the mattress cover so no longer holding the bed in place. The warranty covers 60% of the cost at this point, so the cover cost to me is $503 which I feel is exorbitant for the poor quality of the product. I have always liked the bed for comfort and recommended it to many people. But this poor quality aspect and the high cost of replacement is disturbing.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm sorry you've had trouble with your bed, Erin, & I appreciate your feedback on our 25 Year Limited Warranty. You can find the full details of our warranty by clicking the link below:

The quote you were provided is valid for 30 days from when you received it, so we hope you'll give us a call or chat with us, if you'd like to set up the replacement.

Sincerely,

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This is our second Sleep Number bed in our 32 years of marriage. We started with a conventional full bed, then a Queen water bed, then an off-brand King air bed (that lost its air on my side every night), then a King conventional mattress and finally our first Sleep Number King about 10-11 years ago. My wife is 5’2” and 130 lbs. I’m 6’4” and 350 pounds, on a good day! Quite the difference in size. Our first Sleep Number was the first bed that I could turn over in and not wake my wife. It has held up flawlessly and has never lost air on my side. It has been quite comfortable for both of us.

We decided to purchase our new bed due to some health issues for both of us. My wife just had a cervical fusion and also has some vertebrae fused in her lumbar region and doesn’t sleep well, normally. She also watches TV in bed some days. I have some issues where I need to elevate my feet. There seemed to be a very good sale on the iLE mattress, so we decided to buy the split California King with the Flexfit 2 adjustable base. We can independently adjust our heads and feet, so both of us are comfortable. My wife has been using the Zero G setting and is sleeping better than she has in years. I find the bed to be very comfortable.

We recommend Sleep Number beds to our friends and relatives regularly. They are expensive, but all of the literature speaks to the importance of sleep in healing! If you are going to spend a quarter to a third of your life in bed, wouldn’t you like to be comfortable? We spent multiple thousands of dollars on the first four beds in our marriage. They lasted us 20-22 years. Our first Sleep Number has lasted 10-11 years and is in our guest room, where I expect it to serve us well for years. Our new bed has a 25 year warranty. I hope to outlive that warranty, but I will be in my early 80’s by then. I’m not sure why anyone would buy another brand?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We’ve had Sleep Number for about 12 years, and we're now on to our second one. My husband likes the firmer mattress than I do, which was what we started with. Then, when we purchased our new one, we wanted to make sure that we had the flexibility of getting the feet up and down now that we’re becoming of age and we relax and watch TV in bed. The rep was very informative and helped us make a good, educated decision on which one to buy. The guy who came here for the delivery was also very informative of what we should do to make the bed and work the bed. They were able to do everything I needed them to do.

The quality of the Sleep Number is great and the mechanism that makes it come up and down works fine too. Our puppy got under there and chewed on some of the wires but my husband was able to put it back together with no issues. So, it’s very nicely made. We love our Sleep Number, and we told a couple of friends about it when they were looking for a new mattress. They eventually bought one as well and thanked us very much. We had a special phone call with them just to go over some of the things that we’ve liked with our bed.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We convinced our other family members to buy Sleep Number. With our family total, it's our sixth bed. And we decided to buy the new bed because ours was 10 years old. We wanted the new technology that moved. And we’re older now. We just wanted the functionality there, so, we just decided to upgrade. And we were also able to get zero percent.

Every time I walk into a store, I would say, “I should work here because I can sell your product.” I joke about it, but I do appreciate the product, and it does help. The mattresses are comfortable. I love it. It’s an investment. I already spent $10,000 in a bed. Now, I just spent another $10,000 on a bed. So, I'm spending a lot of money on the product. But in the end I’m finding that all the products that I get from Sleep Number are good products. In the end, you’d be happy with whatever you got. I’ve never had a bad experience with their reps. When I go to the store, it’s fun. We enjoy going in there because we joke over, like we look up our account, and they're like, “Oh wow.” It’s like we buy everything. I’ve had my pillows from there. I enjoy the associates. They're fun.

The delivery people are always very helpful. I was out of town when this last bed came. But my husband was here, and he said they took the old bed down, they put it up in the other room, and then, they put the new bed up. So, I have zero complaints. Whenever I need something, I just can’t go into the store and get it, necessarily. I can normally get a blanket, but with a remote or bigger things, I have to call customer service and that’s fine. But then, it’s two weeks for things to get delivered our way. I understand it’s probably their business model, but that delivery time frame is very long for just something simple as a remote.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Justin, the Sleep Professional, was extremely helpful & patient. Delivery was quicker than anticipated. Received a call saying they finished the previous delivery & could come earlier. The men were extremely polite, wore masks, & booties over their shoes. They were quick, efficient, & knowledgeable. I had a Sleep Number bed for over 14 years. This new 360 Smart Bed is incredible. I went with Justin's recommendation & really couldn't be happier! I feel like this bed was made just for me!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

This is the 2nd Select Comfort air bed that I've purchased in the last 30 years. The price for this adjustable mattress was a little high, but it was worth it. This one has an adjustable headrest and footrest. I will never purchase another type of mattress.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

The wait for technical support was entirely too long, however I was finally connected to Toni who made my wait tolerable. She was very professional and knew exactly what to do. Give her a raise, she is awesome. Sleep number is one great product.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

All answers were given to us very professionally. Since we're senior citizens, we appreciate the agent/representative's patience in helping us solve our problems! Not only was she exceptionally courteous, but very knowledgeable about the Sleep Number Bed in walking us through the trouble shooting process.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Have had a Sleep Number bed for 20 years and it's still good. Don't have to worry about the fibers breaking down because it's basically an air mattress with a LOT of padding, and is adjustable. An air pump had to be replaced and it was covered, I think that was at the 15 year mark out of a 20 year warranty.

Select Comfort author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information