2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.13/5

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Our visit at the Sleep Number store in St Petersburg, Fl. was amazing. The sales lady helped us decide which mattress would seemingly best suit us. The delivery was perfect too. On delivery day, the team called and said they would arrive in 20 minutes. They were one minute early! They worked together so well, treated us and our home with the highest respect. The foot warmer was delivered defective. They noticed and made a phone call for a replacement. It will be delivered within two weeks and a team will be here to install it. We had to do nothing to make it happen! All taken care of it for us.

Note: we have a manufactured wood floor and it was scratched during set-up. That scratch is under the bed and cannot be seen until the time the bed is moved. We did not file a complaint. The steel frame sits directly on the floor and is strongly supported by metal pillars. Our new Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is so comfortable. It is a wonderful upgrade. Each of us has a remote and it is very user friendly.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
    We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, Jean. While we're glad to hear about how well you're sleeping, and how great your interactions with our teams have been, we're sorry to hear about your floor & the defective foot warmer. If there's anything we can help with, please send us a private reply, or give us a call.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I made an online purchase on 12/23 of 2020. Never even sat on a Sleep Number bed. My wife actually had questions about the bed and I called the closest store to me which is in Columbus, Ohio. I called the store and asked the female that answered the phone that if my wife and I would come down if she would explain more about the bed that we have already ordered one but have so many questions. She advised yes, come to the store and she could explain more and would be happy to answer any questions. We so traveled to store 11036 store in Columbus, Ohio and met Rachel M. As we entered she was already working with a customer, I had paperwork in my hand which had the sleep number logo on it and she must have seen that because she greeted us as "I will be right with you, thank you for be a returning customer."

Visit started great from there. As she finished up with her existing customer. She asked how she could help us. I advised her that I have called and that we were the ones that purchased a bed online and had questions. She advised, "Not a problem, let's get started over here." Put us on the p5 and showed us how the bed worked and the results we can get from the bed by finding your level. She found my wife and I level and she answered all other questions from there. Was so happy with the service and product returned to next day with my parents which also purchased a bed. Rachel M. Is a 5 star sales person in my opinion.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Last night was our very first night sleeping on our sleep number mattress. My husband and I have six children all under the age of eight. Needless to say, we are rather exhausted most of the time. My husband has been having some back problems lately so we decided it was time to get a new mattress. Once we set everything up and found our individual numbers, which right now just so happens to be the same number, we got ready to settle in for the night. My husband said that he slept pretty good overall. I, on the other hand, slept pretty decent myself except for the fact that I have a four-month-old and that makes it difficult to sleep. But I would say that so far night one was a success! I very much look forward to nights two and beyond. Both my husband and I currently are at 65 and that may end up changing as time goes on.

I very much like the fact that you can adjust to your own preferences on your own side of the mattress. This is very helpful considering that we are a couple that has different sleep needs at any given time. We also purchased some sheets and a pillow/pillow protector those have not come in yet. I very much look forward to when those come in so that I can sleep even better.

Original review: March 24, 2020

They did every thing to help me get it up the stairs. Some damage was done to the wall [sheetrock]. If I could get some help with that it would be great. Thank you Ross **. They did a very good job trying to help me.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Ross. Please send me a private reply with your order information and contact number, so I can get you in touch with our managers for assistance.

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: March 8, 2020

We are very pleased with the sales at the Florida Mall. The only thing I would complain about is the delivery fee. $199.99 is a lot for the amount of time it took them that was ridiculous. We only had the bed/mattress delivered. We already had the bed and the frame put together. They were done and gone in 30 min. I did feel the lady that called me to tell me the delivery team was in front of my house was rude on the phone.

I explained to her that I was told between 1:00 - 5:00. It was not even 1:00. I was at therapy. I told her I would be there as soon as I can. She said they can only wait 15 min. They would have to leave. I told her again, "Well mam it is not 1:00 yet. I still have time." She said I will have to hurry or I would have to reschedule. I explained I will be there as soon as possible. The guys were nice about it and they explained they only had one more delivery after me that it was fine. I would suggest that the people calling you should be nicer to the client. I am disabled at this time and I could not just rush like she wanted me to.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
      We appreciate your feedback on the pricing for our Home Delivery, and we apologize for the experience you had when you were contacted by our scheduling team. We strive to provide great service every step of the way, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. If there's anything we can help with, please let us know.

Alan S

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

These guys were great, I appreciated the experience they had. Would make great Trainers. They were thorough and able to dumb the information down where I could understand it!! Friendly, respected me and seemed to care about the product and the way they projected themselves.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The delivery team was remarkable, they were on time and completed the job in less than half of the time allotted, great job! We are enjoying our new bed and our daughter is enjoying the one we had in our room before our new one was placed!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

The gentleman delivering were wonderful. They were on time. Their only problem was they were given my old phone number even though it was changed in your computer. I was able to get the text messages but they couldn’t call me but everything worked perfect.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Waiting on the bed to arrive... Sure I will love it.... My daughter and son-in-law loves theirs. They have had it for about 10 years.... So can’t wait to see if we are going to like it as much as they do... We have slept in theirs while they were on vacation and we loved it.. So here we go!! Getting ext for it to arrive❤️.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
      Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

They do not tell you that your bed will suck up data usage when you are not using it. Love my bed except for the hidden evils. While you are awake and at work your bed is sucking up bandwidth. Why if you are awake does your bed need to be communicating with the Sleep Number Mothership? I have never had my ISP contact me in the 20 years I have used them to tell me I was running out of data and would have to start paying overages. The only thing that changed was my 360 bed. So the next month I would manually turn off the data collecting each morning and on before bed to see what happened. Well my data went back to what it was before the bed, so that tells me it's the bed right?

So I now have a smart outlet hooked up to the bed and each morning at a set time it turns the bed completely off and then back on before bed without me doing anything. If I want to go to bed early I just tell Google to turn on the bed. Or off the bed if I get up early, easy as pie. Still the question why are they collecting my data when I am not in bed. They can collect data to tell when you are not home and in bed. Not to mention in bed and sound asleep and the patterns when you are asleep and home. Do not believe me check for yourself, I have attached a image with my data records. Why do they not offer to schedule this stuff in the app, after all it is a SMART phone right?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Joe. The SleepIQ® Firmness Control™ system records pressure data from the mattress and then transmits it to the SleepIQ® Servers using the your Internet Connection to do so. This transmission of data will count as towards any data plan you have. Your feedback is valuable, and we've passed along your comments to our SleepIQ Experts for review.

Online Customer Care

Select Comfort author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information