Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

Great sleep and comfort and the sales and delivery team they have were top notch. This is my second bed. The first one I had for 13 plus years. How's that for a bed? And the price is worth the bed bar any other product on the market.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Kasia, I'm sorry you've had some troubles with your bed, and I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I've located your file with the details you've provided and see that our managers have reached out to you on 1/11/17, but had to leave a message. I hope you'll give them a call at the number they've provided, if you haven't already, so they can assist with your concerns.

Thank you again for sharing your review with us, if you have any questions in the meantime, let us know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My Sleep Number queen bed and frame cost $5,000+. After 2 years, the side I sleep on has sagged. You cannot rotate this mattress. So I went to website for solutions (raise your sleep number to 100?) and also called when their solutions didn't work. (They referred me to their website.) OK here's what I got from their website, put a vacuum nozzle on top of the mattress and "suck it up". Needless to say I felt like a fool and do NOT recommend this product to anyone.

We bought our sleep number bed last year. From day one we fell in love with our bed. We spent so much money trying to find a bed that could satisfy both of us. We sleep so comfortably. We will never buy any other type of bed. We have told all our friends and family about our bed. So far 3 people have purchased the bed based on our positive experience. Everyone of them told us thank you so much for helping them get the best night of sleep of their life. Our only regret is we should have got the king instead of the queen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I first heard about Sleep Number from my parents and I've had their bed for six months now. Sleep Number's sales professionals were good, and the delivery team was in and out quick. I like the bed. We bought pillows too and I got 30 days with the pillows but they send them two weeks ahead of the bed. So by the time I get the bed, I can't return the pillows.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Harvey, thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the troubles you and your wife had with your recent order. We strive to provide everyone with the best service, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and I've shared your review with our Leadership so they can address this with the store you visited.

If you have any questions or concerns I can help with in the meantime, please let me know.
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I wasn't particularly happy with Sleep Number. We had one, which we liked, in Ohio but we did not bring it down with us, so we wanted to get another one. We selected the features we wanted and discussed it all. We were given a price which we agreed to and signed a credit agreement letter. But I suddenly discovered that the price quoted to us was $1500 shy of what it should have been. I wanted to rip up the credit agreement letter because I didn't need the credit line at that point and just say no to the whole sale. But they said that the credit agreement was in place and they had already set it up. They couldn't do anything about it. I stuck out, dragged my wife with me, complained and said I was going to talk to the Attorney General about it. I was going to file a complaint.

Ultimately, my wife went back in there and they did a few things to make her happier with the deal. We went through with the purchase but I was perfectly willing at that point to tell them to stuff it and sign a complaint. To me, it sounded like a bait and switch. The manager in the store called and explained that the salesperson simply made a mistake. But I just looked at the whole thing, and it was way too smooth and practiced for it to simply be a mistake. I suspected they do that to a lot of people. The bed is nice but I would never go in there and buy something from them. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody else.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Robin, I'm sorry you're experiencing some air loss with your bed. We strive to make our beds easier to service, should our owners have any troubles, which is why your warranty provides coverage for replacements due to manufacturer defects, but doesn't include a technician. We can do troubleshooting right over the phone or online and get a solution on its way to your home often in less time than it would take for a technician to come out to your home and report back to us.

I'd be happy to look into your concerns to see what solutions we can offer, just send me a private reply with your information, along with some additional details, and I'll get started.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Sleep Number's customer service is not very good. Our bed's losing air, it's going down to zero, and instead of someone coming out and troubleshooting what is wrong with it, they're telling us to do all this different stuff to troubleshoot as to what could be wrong with it. After I paid all that money for that bed, I feel like someone should come out here and figure out why it's not holding air. But aside from that, the bed is pretty good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Sleep Number is way better than my old mattress. I like my bed to be a little harder and I like that I can adjust the Sleep Number bed. The other mattress just ain't doing that. I got to go with one level and that's it. The sales rep was also very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We knew we needed a new bed and wanted something that raised at the top. We didn't look at anything else other than Sleep Number and got the mattress, base, pillows and bedding. One of the controllers went bad. I had trouble programming it but they got me through that on the phone. One-half seems to lean to the right a little bit more than the other. I just gave it a push to the center and it seems to stay for a while. Overall, we're good with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like to raise my Sleep Number because I like to read in bed. My son and daughter-in-law went to a State Fair and they told them that I had a Sleep Number, then I got a $100 gift certificate to use because I had them as a company, but I haven't been able to use it yet. Nevertheless I'd give Sleep Number a very good rating.

I recently had the pleasure of exploring the Sleep Number store in Milford, CT. Patsy ** was my salesperson and she was both lovely and an expert. I'd researched several beds and sales online and I tried several beds in the store. I also asked many questions because my funds are limited. Since I'd been the victim of a June 2016 car accident I asked my physical therapist, Joel **, what he thought of SN beds & he said he's owned one for 12 years and highly recommends them. I chose a c4 bed with dual air chambers & a flex fit 2 adjustable base & a remote.

Since my income is extremely limited (fixed) I'm financing the bed over 4 years at no interest with payments of $67.32 per month as it stands now. Since I'm having problems determining my sleep number setting I may need Sleep IQ technology but I doubt if I can afford it. I also may need to reconsider getting another pillow. Patsy, Jeremy, and Chris have all been as helpful as possible when the store was very busy. If they couldn't answer the phone or talk to me when I stopped by, they called me back or contacted me again as soon as possible.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry for the troubles you've had with your delivery, Mike. I'm confident our teams are doing what they can to get you the earlier time frame you've requested, and I hope you keep working with them. I really appreciate the feedback you've provided, and I'll share your comments with our Leadership for their review. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, let us know.
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

On New Years Eve I purchased a Sleep Number bed and have been looking forward to it. I had it scheduled for a morning or afternoon delivery on Jan. 12. Today I found out it's going to be delivered between 6pm and 10pm. In my world this is not morning or afternoon and I will not be there to take the delivery. When I talked to them they were a little rude about it and told me that now I have to wait another 2 weeks and that they never commit to any specific part of the day, even though I can not do night time deliveries. While I have someone helping on resolving the issue, I am considering just cancelling the entire order because the delivery service refuses to work with me on doing a morning or afternoon delivery even though I am paying for the delivery. I hope this issue can be resolved and that I won't have to wait another 2 weeks for the bed, but for now, I have not had the best experience with the delivery service for this company.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Janet & Tim, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I'm sorry for the troubles you've had with your sheets, and I want you to know that we can help. Many of our sheet styles have a 2 Year Warranty on them, so I invite you to give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we can look into a replacement for you. I hope we have the chance to work with you both soon.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

2-sets of sheets since we purchased our bed on 3/5/2016 & they are TERRIBLE. TEARING right at the seam - end of the split top section. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER SET OF SHEETS FROM YOUR CO. of $374.99 of putting a price of that on your sheets. Shame on your Co. If you want a picture of both sets, I would be more than happy - ashamed to send them to you. I am going to try to find someone to do some heavy duty patch work on them so we can continue using them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my parents moved into a retirement community, I took their old Sleep Number and slept on that for a good 15 years until finally, the motor got bad. I then went and bought a new one. The sales reps were great. Also, the delivery guys were pleasant and efficient. They came right when they said they would and got everything set up and it was a very easy experience. I love the bed's quality.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
My wife was having some problems with her back and was very uncomfortable with the mattress we had, and Sleep Number was the most comfortable for her.

We got the base which is a split king. You can raise the bottom together but the top goes up separately. If I had realized it at the time, I probably would have gone with two twins side-by-side instead of the split king because the split king is very hard to find sheets for. We got the split king so you could move up independently but the bottom comes up all at once. So, finding sheets for that type of mattress is kind of problematic. If we'd done side-by-side twins, it probably would have been a lot easier.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us, Judith. We want you to get the great sleep you deserve, so we hope you'll give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays. We're confident that we have solutions for your needs, and hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I got the very base model of Sleep Number. I like it that I could adjust the bed even after buying it. I put it together myself and it's very easy. On the other hand, it's like a glorified air mattress although it's comfortable. I set it to 35 and because I don't have it on high puffiness or firmness, it sinks in. Since I only got the base model, I didn't have the filler thing on top which would have made the bed a little bit better and not seem like in a hole.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Sleep Number last summer and I love it. I haven’t had any trouble with it so far. We went to the store in Eugene, by Valley River. Their sales people were really helpful and their delivery team was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It hasn't been quite a year yet since I bought my Sleep Number bed. The sales professional was fantastic. The bed's quality is very good. It's much better than my old bed, a lot more comfortable and I don't have this problem I had before.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their sales reps were very good, I enjoyed them. Their installation team knew what they were doing, and they were in and out quick. We have two Sleep Number beds and they're both really nice. We've been using the newer bed for six months now. It would be nice if we'd be able to buy sheets in the store instead of having to order them, but it's not a huge deal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For the fact that we could have two different options for the people sleeping on the bed, we decided on a Sleep Number mattress and set it up ourselves. Overall, the product's quality has been very good.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Mark, thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry you haven't been enjoying your new bed, and we'd like to help. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays when you have the chance so we can address the concerns you have and explore some solutions with you.

I hope we have the opportunity to talk with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I’m not the best sleeper and I was hoping that Sleep Number would make the difference. However, my overall experience with it is every time I lie on that bed, I think, “How the hell did this cost that much?” I actually have a bed in my motor home that I sleep in better than the Sleep Number bed. But I’m just in the middle-of-the road. I’m not bothered but not overly enamored with the bed. Also, the sales agent didn't show me how to run it quite as well as they should have.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Linda, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We think it’s really important to know that while situations like this are rare, mold can affect any upholstered product under certain conditions. Sleep Number is one of the industry leaders in using treatments that prevent the growth of mold or mildew in our products, and we’re happy to say that we’ve had no confirmed cases of mold in any Sleep Number® bed manufactured in or after 2005.

We stand behind the quality of our products and we invite you to give us a call at 1-800-451-6340 if you haven’t disposed of your bed yet so we can help troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing. If you’d like to know more about the steps we take to protect our beds, just follow the link below for more information. Thank you and sleep well.

www.sleepnumberfacts.com

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

Sleep Number would not replace our moldy bed a few years ago and sent us replacement parts instead saying these new parts will prevent mold. It's moldier than ever. How am I suppose to sleep on this? It's sickening. Will warn everyone I come into contact with to stay away from this company. They do not stand by their product. They only want to replace parts instead of doing the right thing and refunding customers.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry you and your husband haven't been sleeping well on your bed, Kathy, and we'd like to have the chance to help. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so we can learn more about the discomfort you've mentioned, and explore solutions that can help you both get the great sleep you deserve.

I hope we have the chance to work with you soon.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My husband had some back issues on a regular bed and everyone told us to get a Sleep Number. The salesman was polite and knowledgeable. We live in an R/V but we got the regular at-home version as our R/V can accommodate the size of the bed. Their team delivered the bed and installed it. They all gave us good service.

However, we're not very happy with the Sleep Number as my husband has had nothing but back problems since we've gotten it. He has tried adjusting his bed to all different levels, starting with the level that the salesman told us it was supposed to be. His problems are worse on the Sleep Number than they were on a conventional mattress. For me, it's about the same as it was on a conventional mattress. We would have returned it. However, we live in an RV and didn't return to the New Mexico area for over 9 months. When we did, we were already beyond the 30 or 90-day period and there's not much we can do about it. Sleep Number did not accomplish the result that they advertised and that everyone told us it was going to.

Adjustable comfort is great, being to raise head makes it so adaptable, king size you can spread out. Our dog even loves it, all of the time now, which he never did before. Wants us to put him up on the bed. So all three of us love the bed.

Great product. This bed is amazingly comfortable. Delivery/set up personnel were quick, professional and very careful with the product. Customer service follow-up was prompt upon completion of delivery. I would recommend this bed!! Purchased from Sleep Number Store in Columbia SC.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a Sleep Number for a gift. The sales rep was awesome and professional. He knew what he was talking about, directed us, and answered all our questions. The recipients of my gift said it's working out really well and they don't have any complaints on it. Everything went really smooth and I've tried recommending to people already.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The salesperson from Sleep Number was great. The bed was delivered to the house and we set it up ourselves. It was what we expected and we have no problems. I've had my Sleep Number for about a year and like it better than our previous bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our old bed was fairly worn out. My wife and I were looking for a change and we thought that the Sleep Number, given our differences in comfort, would be a good choice for us. We checked it out at the Sleep Number store and liked their bed. They were short-staffed so, it took a little longer than it might have but we got adequate time to test out the beds. They answered all the questions and did a pretty good job. They happened to be on sale as well. We're very happy with our Sleep Number. It eliminated the snoring issues by changing the angle of the top part of it. We'd recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep was a really nice guy and I'm glad we got the bed. My wife really loves it. It is better than what we had before. We can adjust it pretty good. I'm old and I have trouble sleeping. It's hard for me to get comfortable. I put the bed in different positions sometimes and it has helped a little bit with the comfort level.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Sleep Number bed is working out pretty good and I'm glad I made the purchase. I got it 5 months ago and have already recommended it to people. It is better than my previous mattress because it's adjustable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile