Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
3.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

8148 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 23, 2019

Awesome experience at the store, during delivery, and... oh yeah good sleeping. Delivered within 5 days exactly as anticipated. Still testing app but so far so good! One thing appears to be missing. Switching from one to two sleepers and back again (like syncing HVAC in the car).

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

The sales and delivery staff were professional, knowledgeable and exceeded our expectations. They made sure everything was explained, costs included, the set up was done, and that everything was working correctly. They assisted in setting up the wifi connection and explaining everything. Excellent service.

Original review: March 21, 2019

They were very prompt on the time, they said they would be here. They were respectful to my property, cleaned up everything. They were very knowledgeable about the product, did a good job of informing me on how to use the system and were answered all of my questions in a pleasant manner. Very good experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Donna. We're thrilled your delivery experience was a wonderful one!

Original review: March 21, 2019

My wife and I purchased the i8 360 Smart Bed, adjustable base and remote on 3/4/2019. The sales person also put on a mattress pad and 2 “free” pillows that we ended up returning as they were far from free. That should have been our first sign that we were making a mistake. Everything was delivered on 3/12. The delivery went as expected and was smooth. As far as the bed, base and remote is concerned, we have had it for 9 days and have not had 1 night of restful sleep. The bed deflates/inflates for no reason in the middle of the night and the motion transfer is horrible. Our remote also completely died on 3/19 and was constantly throwing connection errors.

On 3/21/19, we called with our concerns. The lady was nice and offered us a sleep solution, where they would ship out some sort of fiber layer that would have to be installed at no charge. The issue is that they couldn’t install it till 4/6. I then inquired about the process of returning everything. She stated that someone would come and pick everything up for a pickup fee of $199. I confirmed that this meant the mattress and the base, and she said “did you read your terms and conditions?” I paused not sure what she was talking about. No we haven’t read any terms. She then went on the say that the base wasn’t refundable as per the terms and conditions. I stated how we were sold this 100 night trial where everything was returnable within 100 days. I felt lied to and cheated, as this was never brought to our attention. I asked for a copy of this and she said that I can find it online. Knowing this wasn’t her fault I thanked her and hung up the phone.

After hanging up the phone and speaking to my wife, we decided that we need a solution now, and she was appalled that we can’t return the base. The base itself was almost $2,000 and was “custom made for sleep number” as our sales person said, which is why we got it. I called back and stated that we wanted to return the mattress and the base. The customer service rep set up the return for the mattress, but again said the base isn’t refundable. I asked for a signed copy of the forms and she said to call the store. I do not and will not deal with that store again.

I then was transferred to a manager per my request. She states the same thing, as expected. The bottom line is that the terms and conditions are not clearly stated and where not given to us. If we signed something, it wasn't explained to us and we didn't have a chance to read it. We did finance the bed, so we probably thought we were signing that agreement. At no point was it said that the base was not refundable.

The same person went out of his way to explain that "if we are not happy, we can return it for a full refund". This is not the case, and can see from the reviews on here, I can see that this is a common practice just to get the sale. We were lied to and deceived. As I told the manager, I would even be willing to pay to have it picked up and even a restocking fee. I get that this thing is heavy and not cheap to send back. I am requesting a refund of the base, and will be filing a dispute with the credit card company and other companies/agencies if we are not.

Original review: March 20, 2019

KRIS WENT UP AND BEYOND TO HELP ME AND I HAD TO CUT THE CALL SHORT AND HE RETURNED MY CALL AS I ASKED. He was very helpful and researched my past order which was 14 years ago. He walked me thru everything to make sure I was getting what I needed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Shari. It always makes our day to hear when our representatives have provided fantastic service!

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: March 20, 2019

My wife and I love our new Sleep Number bed. From the initial sales person (Jordan), to the delivery setup people (Sam& Jake), everyone made our selection informative and easy. The setup people kept us informed, and were very professional.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review! I'm thrilled you received great service from Jordan at your local store, and from Sam & Jake during your delivery.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This is absolutely ridiculous. I expected to walk in to a store on March 10th and buy a pillow and be ale to sleep on it that night. But since you do not have pillows in stock, you had to ship one to me. I figured I'd have it in a couple days. It's now 9 days later and UPS after faking a delivery on March 16th, left it at a UPS access point. I never received a call from the gate. I was home at 941am. UPS sent me a email saying that deliver would be reattempted On March 18th between 4:15 and 8:15pm. I waited again and still no pillow. I called their access point today. They told me the pillow has been there the entire time since Saturday, no one picked it up to attempt a redeliver. I called UPS and they said the best they could do was attempt to deliver it again in 2 days time.

I tried to give them detailed instructions for delivery, but they said that my tracking number had already been reused so I could not do it. I would suggest 2 things 1) stock some pillows in your stores. 2) never ship with UPS again. This is the 3rd time in as many attempts to receive a shipment from Select Comfort and each and every time, you have completely messed up! First time was May 2017 when I ordered a bed to be delivered to my apartment in Charlotte, NC NO EARLIER THAN MAY 23 as I had not even moved in yet. The bed was first delivered to an old address in Florida. Then, a new Bed was delivered May 19th and sat outside an empty unit for 5 days until I arrived.

Second time, in 2018 I ordered a bed to be delivered to my house in Florida, but the delivery somehow got cancelled and never showed up. I called to reschedule and they said the bed was no longer available. As it could not be rescheduled for a ridiculous amount of time (over a month). I ended up cancelling the bed and ordering something else. And now this! What exactly are you guys doing? Is it just me? Or do you treat every customer like this?

Original review: March 19, 2019

We had a terrible experience with delivery. Our delivery date was cancelled 3 times. When we called Customer Service, they told us they have no way to find out any information about the delivery. I assume this is because it is sub-contracted out. When finally did receive delivery on the 4th scheduled date, the mattress was frozen from the back of the truck. The installers attempted to put the mattress in the mattress "case" and it was curled up and wouldn't lie flat. Our installer said, "Oh, that looks horrible." The mattress also had a stain on it even though it was wrapped in plastic.

We accepted this mattress because after 3 cancellations for delivery we were desperate to sleep on a bed again after so many weeks. After the installers left, we had to take the mattress out of the case and fix it ourselves so that the corners lined up correctly. After all this, I can say the bed is the best I have ever had and I sleep great! We do love our new bed. I'm just very disappointing in the delivery/install and stain part because we did spend a lot of money and would expect a much better experience for that money.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Updated on 03/22/2019: I was requested to contact their people to attempt to resolve my extremely poor review of their mattresses. Below is their response I spoke with a Heather today regarding my Sleep Number bed and my prior poor review of the bed. Her response was that I should have been working with Sleep Number in troubleshooting the problem with the bed if there was a problem.

As I had called several months ago complaining that I was having problems, they sent me a piece of 2" foam to place on top of the bed, nothing about troubleshooting. I explained to her that I've had ongoing problems with my back, having an extremely poor quality of sleep and I've removed the Sleep Number mattress from my bed and replaced it with another mattress that I'm happy with and not causing all the issues.

Her response was to set up the Sleep Number mattress, use it, call them about troubleshooting a possible problem and go from there. I told her my health and quality of sleep was more important to me than to attempt to again sleep on the mattress for probably several weeks in determining what was wrong with the mattress. Therefore, I'm stuck with a Sleep Number mattress which is of no value.

Original review: I purchased the mattress approx 1 yr ago. It's by far the worst mattress I've ever slept on. The mattress has valleys, does not support one as they state. The air mattress inside the bed is surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress in. The foam part of the bed is higher than the mattress and you also get a valley there. My poor back has been giving me serious problems. When I wake up in the morning my bed looks like I've gotten in a fight with it. The covers on the opposite side of the bed are pulled towards me. I can only assume that I attempting to get into a restful, comfortable position and I'm losing. I purchased the mattress recommended by their own review site, big mistake. I've also tried a couple of those box mattresses to no avail. Just purchased a box spring mattresses from Costco, a Sealy, very, very pleased with it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying your bed, Richard. If you still have it, we'd love to help you get the great sleep you deserve, just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so we can begin.

We hope to work with you soon.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Our time and information gathering before and during the purchase were worth the time. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and answered all questions. Our purchase was one that we will recommend to anyone we can. We will recommend the store and salesperson to everyone.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you had a great experience with our team at your local store! Thanks for your review, we hope you're sleeping well.

Original review: March 16, 2019

We are very pleased so far from the customer service, to the delivery and set up, to the bed itself. The total experience has been great. I would recommend it to everyone who is in bed of a good night's sleep. We are enjoying our bed and it was nice of our salesman to call and check on us the next day.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you're enjoying your bed, Deborah! Thanks for sharing your review, and I hope you keep resting well for years to come.

Original review: March 16, 2019

The South Hills Village staff was friendly and knowledgeable. They made our visit comfortable and were very informative. The product speaks for itself but without their expertise we wouldn't have known where to start. We can't wait to get our new bed and start sleeping good again.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you received great service from our team! Thanks for sharing your review with us, Beth.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I'm happy to be a Sleep Number customer. I've had my bed since 2011 and it has been wonderful. An issue did arise with our pump and hoses and the representative was able to assist us timely, knowledgeably, and had our parts on their way immediately. As a consumer my concern and issue with my bed was resolved quickly and painlessly. I wish more companies have the customer service quality that Sleep Number does.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Jen. While we're sorry you experienced this issue with your bed, we're so glad to hear our team resolved your concerns quickly and efficiently!

Please don't hesitate to reach to us if you have any questions in the future.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We could not be more pleased with our Sleep Number Bed. The ability to adjust the firmness of the mattress is what wanted. The responsive is great. The SleepIQ is a very beneficial feature. The light under the bed comes in handy.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review, Samuel! We're glad you're enjoying the features of your new bed, and we're sure you'll continue to get the great sleep you deserve for years to come.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Everything went smoothly with the purchase and delivery. The salesman was informative and helped us understand the bed and how it operates. The delivery men were very helpful. They did a nice job of explaining the operation. They were respectful of our property.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review, Ed. We're thrilled you had a great experience from shopping to delivery, and we hope you get the great sleep you deserve for many years to come!

Original review: March 13, 2019

If you are truly looking for a great bed to ease your pain and improve your sleep pattern, give the Sleep Number a try. Remember, if you did not like it you can return it within your free trial and lose nothing.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your review and recommendation of our beds, Johnnie! We're elated to have you as a fan :-)

Original review: March 13, 2019

We've had a Sleep Number bed for years. This time, we purchased a king-size bed from them. The delivery was smooth and the guys did a good job. They did everything they were supposed to do and then took out the old bed. My favorite part of the bed is the adjustable part. Each person can set their own most comfortable setting. And although Sleep Number beds are expensive, the quality is good and we love it.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My husband and I both desire a different mattress firmness. We liked Sleep Number's customer service. And we've had Sleep Number products for at least 10 years. We recently bought a king size mattress, sheets, duvet, and a mattress pad. We had a delightful experience with the sales representative who was very knowledgeable and very good on follow-up. The customer to delivery guy relationship was great. They were very respectful of staying clean and had good manners. I had a very satisfying experience and I’m very satisfied with the product. I would recommend Sleep Number, and we have five couple friends that have purchased from them at our recommendation.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking time to share your review! We're so glad to have you as a long-time fan, and we appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family. I hope you'll be sleeping well for years to come!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a Sleep Number i8 bed a couple of years ago partially due to their heavy advertising and believed that I got a great bed and assumed that I would have great customer service. Wrong on both accounts! The bed was very expensive and I started to have an air leak in the bed a few months ago. My wife and I went to our local Sleep Number store and were told by a nice sales lady that we should try to "cap" the mattress off to determine if the air leak was coming from the mattress or the air pump. We did not check the bed for a couple of months after talking to the sales lady because we were told at the store that there would be no problem fixing this bed because we had a 25 year warranty. The sales lady failed to inform us that after 2 years our bed is PRORATED and is not covered 100% anymore.

After sleeping on the bed for a couple of nights we determined that the air leak must have been coming from the air pump. I called the local Sleep Number store to talk to the lady we originally had talked to and was informed that she no longer works for Sleep Number. Then I called customer service and told them my problem and they said it "sounds" like I need a new pump. I then was informed it would cost me $200 for the pump because my new bed warranty was up (it was less than a month since it went over two years and was prorated at $200 for a new pump?). I then asked if someone would come out and install the pump and was told that a service call of $200 would be charged to do that? Wow! I would say that you get what you pay for but in this case that is not true! I was expecting fantastic customer service and a good warranty and I got the LEMON! Please go elsewhere to buy your bed!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you sharing your review with us, Mark, and we apologize for the trouble you've had with your bed. While defects in our beds are rare, the ones that do occur are most often found and reported in the first two years of use, which is why we fully cover any replacements due to defects during that period. After those first two years begins the prorated portion of our warranty, where we're still covering a portion of the cost for your replacement, but no longer the full 100%. We strive to make our beds easier to service, should our owners have any trouble, which is why our 25 Year Limited Warranty provides coverage for replacements due to manufacturer defects but doesn't include a technician. We can do troubleshooting right over the phone or online and get a solution on its way often in less time than it would take for a technician to come out and report back to us. If you'd prefer to have one of our technicians come out and go through the troubleshooting for you or install a replacement part, that is an option we can offer for a fee that varies depending on your area. If you'd like more details on our 25 Year Limited Warranty, I've included a link for you here:

The quote you were given is valid for 30 Days from when you got it, so we hope you'll get back in touch with us via phone or chat if you'd like to place an order.
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: March 11, 2019

I returned my bed and adjustable base over 3 weeks ago. It was picked up from my home. I was told it would take 7-10 business days. It has been over 3 weeks. I have given Sleep Number time to get it together because sometimes things take time, I understand that. I chatted with someone on their website and even called a couple of times and they keep telling me I have to talk to Synchrony. This turns into me calling each one back and forth, and all in all, at the end of the day, I have returned something almost a month and a half ago and still haven't received my refund. Don't buy this bed thinking "oh if I don't like it it can go back" because they will not refund you, or you will have to hunt it down. Ugh.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had receiving your refund, Skylar. If you still haven't seen that reflected on your account, please send me a private reply with your order information so I can locate your file and see how I can best help.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My family had a better luck with Sleep Number than the other companies. The reps that I dealt with were all been great. The delivery team was very clean and organized. I got my Sleep Number three months ago and I love it so far. The bed has very good quality. Also, both the online process and in-store were very good.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I had a previous Sleep Number for over 20 years. I recently got a queen size bed and it is on an adjustable bed frame. The quality is excellent. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have re-bought the same product. I’m still using the other mattress on a guest bed right now. And I think it’s going to outlast me. The salesperson at Sleep Number was excellent. When I went in, I knew what I wanted because of my past experience and I was very pleased that he never pressured me into anything more than what I wanted.

I scheduled for a home delivery and since it was a brand new house in a brand new neighborhood and most people don’t even know where my street is, the delivery fellows had a problem finding me. And they pulled in to the high school parking lot. And I went and met them down there and took them up to my place. When they were here, they set the new bed up, they told me how to do it, and it was a very good experience. I’ve already suggested Sleep Number to other people.

Original review: March 9, 2019

We went to look at the heating and cooling pad and we ended up buying it. The representative was so helpful and could answer every question. We tried it in the store and it was heavenly. Will be great for hot Texas summers.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Marla. Wishing you the very best!

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: March 9, 2019

I've owned Sleep Number beds for 20 years now. It's a good product and I like that I can change the number if I needed to. Three months ago, I got a new one as it was time for an upgrade. The adjustable frame that I bought with the bed has been very nice. However, the unit itself had some bumps in the beginning and I was very unhappy. I got in touch with the people that were supposed to help with that but the person that I talked to initially didn't understand how a Sleep Number works.

I asked for his supervisor and I finally got an answer. I was told to unplug the unit for a week to try to reset it and that they would call me back and see how that worked. I didn't hear back from them for almost two weeks though. It wasn't very customer-friendly. I turned off the part that adjusts when you move and I think the issue has been resolved. It's probably because I have dogs that sleep with me, so that doesn't work if I get out of bed and the dogs stay in bed. I'm not too excited about that at this point.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Everyone that I have encountered starting with the store to the customer service over the phone have been wonderful. I have called on numerous occasions and each person that I have spoken with has been very pleasant. Thank you. My Sleep Number is I’m not sure yet but I can’t wait to lay on my new bed, I know it’s going to be great.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for your kind review, Suad! I'm so glad you've had great experiences with our teams at your local store and on the phone.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I cannot tell you how much I have been looking forward to buying a sleep number mattress! I bought a queen 360 mattress and moveable base during the labor day sale. I was given a date 3-4 weeks in the future for delivery. To make a very long story more succinct- I never got the mattress and bed and ended up requesting a refund 3 months later! I had paid for it and still didn't have it 3 months later. I had taken apart my bedroom furniture twice in the process. The whole thing was so frustrating.

The first delivery came and the base had a crack in it. The delivery guy tried to say it wasn't a big deal but we requested a new bed and delivery date. They come back the second time and measure our stairwell and say that it's too small and they won't even attempt to take it up the stairs. They said we needed to order a King instead (which apparently comes in two pieces). We asked why they hadn't measured that last time and told us that then! They said becuase it wasn't them who delibered it. Mind you, one of the guys was the same guy! And they had unloaded it the first time into our living room (without measuring) when we saw the crack. The whole thing was so maddening.

I called to talk to customer service about how upset we were that it had now been 3 months and literally all they said to this story was "OK, we will issue you a refund." No apology and no attempt to fix the issues we'd had. I couldn't believe. Oh, also while all of this was going on, I received a letter from Sleep Number saying that since it had been so long since I bought the bed and it still hadn't been delivered that they could cancel my order any time unless I set up a delivery date. THERE WAS NEVER a time when I did not have a delivery date.

At every step of the way the customer service was awful which says a lot about the company's structure. Also I've written and mailed a letter to Sleep number (because it is impossible to find an email address for them- even when I asked- I was given a mailing address instead) months ago and have yet to hear back. It has been several months since I sent the letter. I am still really disappointed and still sleeping on my old mattress. It's a real shame because they have a great product but I don't recommend anyone go through what we went through. For as much as we paid, it's really unacceptable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're very sorry for the delivery experience you've had, Nawal, and that this has resulted in you cancelling your order. We try to provide a great experience for all of our owners from start to finish, and it's clear we've fallen short of that goal in this case. We will be forwarding your comments on to our leadership so that we have the opportunity to examine our processes and see where we have the chance to improve our processes in the future.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have been highly pleased from the salesman to the delivery and the Sleep Number purchase has been one of the best investments I have treated myself to. Love my Sleep Number. The pillows I purchased as well are awesome! I thank Jason the salesman for suggesting them.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm delighted to hear about your experience picking out your new bed & pillows, and with our Home Delivery Team! Thanks for sharing your review with us, I hope you keep resting well.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Too often when dealing with customer service reps I hear my friends say they feel like they were dismissed. The rep I chatted with asked questions to assure he understood what I was asking for. Fast - knowledgable - service personnel and innovative products of the highest quality keep me coming back to Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Tiffany! I'll definitely share your comments with the manager of the chat agent you worked with. Sleep well!

Original review: March 8, 2019

We've already had a Sleep Number bed for the last 16 years and we finally figured it was time to change. We went to St. Cloud and were shown different ones, and we picked one out. Both of the gentlemen that we talked to at the store were super knowledgeable. We are totally satisfied. The bed is so much nicer than the old one and the comfort on it is so much better. The sides have broken down on our old one and I had a little leak on my side. The new one is so nice. It is a little firmer than what we had before, but we've gotten used to it. We picked our numbers and it is really great.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so glad you had a great in store experience and that you're sleeping more comfortably than ever with your new bed! Thanks for continuing to trust us with your sleep, Jeff :-)

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our Sleep Number bed is of very good quality. We had a previous Sleep Number for 15 years, and we recently purchased a middle-line bed. Their rep was very informative, no pressure, answered questions, and demonstrated the product. The delivery went well, too.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad you had a great experience picking out your new bed, and I hope you'll be sleeping well for another 15 years.

Online Customer Care

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information