toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A referral from a friend led us to purchase from Sleep Number. We did the mattress, pillow, and a mattress pad. The sales reps were very good and we arranged to have it put together and delivered. We're very happy with it and we're getting good sleep.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had Sleep Number before for about 15 years and we got a new one this year. We had a good time with their reps and the quality of the product is great. We had it shipped through UPS. The set up was easy. We had the base already done so all I had to do is put the mattress together. Sleep Number is fabulous and we won't have another kind of bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed a new bed and I got one that I can adjust the firmness. Everything's been fine. The sales professionals were good. We set the bed up ourselves, and it was pretty easy except for the plastic framework that the bed comes with. It was the puzzle part, but we got it together. The quality of my Sleep Number bed is good, and I sleep better.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm really sorry you haven't had the experience you were hoping for, Suellen, and I'd like to have a chance to look into this to see how I can help. Please send me a reply with the name and shipping address for your account and I'll get started as soon as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Pete M

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I had a regular mattress for years and it was time to get rid of it. My friend had a Sleep Number which they had for years and they love it. The Sleep Number sales reps were great and the delivery went fine. However, I don't like my bed. I feel like I'm sleeping on a 1950 blow up mattress. I tried every setting on it and I'm not comfortable on it. I ended up going out and sleeping on the recliner chair. Sleep Number sent me a full mattress but it hasn't helped. Overall I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but they did their job and I'm satisfied with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Melissa, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Our beds are much more sophisticated and intricate than just a regular blow-up mattress. There's a lot of technology and consumer insight that goes into making our beds. If your son hasn't been sleeping well, or if you have any questions or concerns we can help with, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll be happy to assist you right away.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Our son had a lot of back issues so we thought we'd try a sleep number so he could adjust to his level of comfort. When the guys delivered the mattress and hooked an air pump to it just like you would from an air mattress you buy at walmart or target, I was extremely shocked. Air mattress and plastic bed frame is all this is. Save your money. Either buy the air mattress from walmart/target or get a REAL bed. Will never buy Sleep Number again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We kept buying mattresses and they weren't good. We always looked at the Sleep Number beds and finally decided to stop burning our money on others. Their sales reps were very good and they made it easy to buy the bed. It was delivered and I set it up myself. I love the bed. It's wonderful and I recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had pretty good experience with Sleep Number for about 20-some years. We got a Sleep Number because of the recommendations of other people and they were a novelty item 20 something years ago. Not too many people had those things and it was something that looked good to us. We’ve been happy with it and recently, we bought the whole thing which includes the foundation and the mattress. It was shipped to us. We had a problem with the pump, and they shipped us another pump.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife and I like very different bed styles: she likes firm while I like soft. The other beds weren't working and so we got a Sleep Number. Delivery was horrible. My wife took off to stay at home to pick it up and they never showed up till 5:00 at night. They were six hours late! The delivery guy was by himself and I had to help him carry out the bed and actually ended up damaging our bed frame from it. The SleepIQ is also a pain in the butt to set up but overall it's a good quality bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My fiancé threw a huge fit wanting a Sleep Number bed. He said he has always wanted one his whole life so I saved up until I got my tax money return and bought a regular split air on each side mattress and the box spring. The sales rep and I had a wonderful interaction. The bed was delivered right out front and we love its quality. I had a hysterectomy in May and if I had a regular bed, I would have died because I had to keep adjusting the firmness and softness. If I didn't have that Sleep Number, I don't think I would have made it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a hard time sleeping and was done with Memory Foam as I was tired of sleeping in a big hole. I purchased a Sleep Number bed and I love it. Everything's great with the sales and delivery teams and I'm totally happy overall. Also, the sales professional I talked to wasn't extremely high pressured.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We looked at Sleep Number and decided that it was something we'd like to have. My wife also had one and she knew things about them. The sales professional and the delivery team were very good. The overall quality's excellent as well. We like it, we've slept good on it, and we miss it when we're not here.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had been shopping Sleep Number for a couple of years. My back got so bad that we thought we had to make a departure and go another direction, so the reason for purchasing a Sleep Number was primarily physical. We bought the base, the bed and we did some linen. My back became a lot better since we've purchased the bed. The sales representative was good. We got all the info we needed between her and another guy at the store. The guys that came and set it up gave us some good tips too. The quality is good and I'm pleased. I wished I would’ve got a little bit more of an upgrade of a platform because the head goes up for both sides instead of getting the split mattress and I thought that we should have bought that one instead after we got the bed, but there's another day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend had purchased a Sleep Number bed and said that he and his wife really liked it. I got one, too, and I'm liking it a lot. I like the opportunity to change the air supply in it. I have experimented on that a little bit and it's good. So far, it's been a very comfortable sleep for me. It's the bed that I hope to keep for a long time because it's comfortable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a Sleep Number for our health. The sales rep was very good and informative and the delivery team was very good, too. I like that I can change the softness and hardness of the bed. I've no complaints at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew that I wanted the Sleep Number bed so the rep didn't have to sell me anything. It was perfect and the delivery was fine as well. The bed is wonderful and it's good to sleep better. I love my Sleep Number bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, Gina. I'm sorry you've had these troubles you've had with your bed. While defects in our beds are rare, the ones that do occur are most often found and reported in the first two years of use, which is why we fully cover any replacements due to defects during that period.

As you've owned your bed longer than that, you’re now in the prorated portion of your warranty, where we're still covering a portion of the cost to replace any items under the terms of your warranty. However, your warranty does not include a technician which is why we do troubleshooting over the phone or online because it lets us find out what needs to be replaced and order the new part while we’re talking with you rather than waiting for a technician to come out and look at the bed. That means the replacement arrives much faster than it would if we had to wait to hear from a technician and it makes sure the situation is taken care of and our owners start sleeping well again as soon as possible.

I'd be happy to take another look at this for you to see how I'm able to help, just send me a private reply with the name and shipping address on your order so I can locate your file and get started. I look forward to working with you soon.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

My husband & I got the C2 during the President's Day sale 2015. Summer 2016 we started having problems, we weren't comfortable any more. By Fall 2016 my husband was sleeping on the couch because he was so uncomfortable! He said the bed was fine when he went to bed but by the time he woke up his back was hurting - it felt like he was laying on the floor like it had leaked air throughout the night. On my side, the leg part adjusts but the back part stays rock hard!! I can set both sides of the bed to the same number & it obvious that there is a big difference in hardness/softness.

I have called the 1-800 several times. While everyone has been nice & polite, the problem has not been taken care of. This bed is suppose to have a 25 year warranty & not even 2 years into it, we rarely sleep into it! I was told it'd be $180 for a tech to come out & look at the bed! Why do I have to pay even more money for this bed when it's defective & not my fault?! We are both so over this that we'll go back to a regular mattress!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Norman and I'm sorry you're having some trouble with your SleepIQ® and that you've had some longer than expected hold times while trying to get service. We'd like to help by getting you in touch with our SleepIQ® experts to help resolve this for you. To get started, simply give them a call at 1-877-252-7813, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday 8:30am to 5:00pm central time and we'll get started. If you have any other questions that we can help address for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Charles M.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Purchased a new Sleep Number Bed Yesterday... A lot of money. Could not sign in to Sleep IQ... Had to sit on hold for 20 or more minutes to wait for Customer Service. Plus, if you use their "chat" feature, you'll be on hold for a long time - you'll ask your question - the chat person will then tell you to call the Customer Service Phone Number!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thank you again for letting us know about this, David. We can't apologize enough and after reviewing you file I see that we are already working towards a resolution. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

It came to my attention today that the delivery team illegally dumped my mattress, box springs, and the box the new mattress was delivered in, by the side of a rural road. This was brought to my attention as the box had Sleep Number's and my address printed on the label. See attached. I give the delivery team a "0" on their delivery. This action was completely unprofessional and illegal. I have discussed this with a Customer Service supervisor named Greg as well as the sale representative Jessica ** from the Center Valley, PA store. I believe that the town of West Rockhill, PA should be compensated for the cleanup and I should at minimum be refunded delivery expense.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a new mattress and we wanted one with an adjustable head. There's a Sleep Number store nearby and we worked with Natalie who had been very nice. The delivery guys were quick and efficient. Our only complaint is that the cooling topper and with the adjustable head in the bed, it doesn't stay in place very well so we constantly have to readjust that. But other than that, we've really enjoyed the bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Some of my friends Sleep Number and it's worked out well with them so we decided to give the bed a try. The girl who handled our sale was helpful and answered my questions. The delivery went fine too. The team was on-time and careful with the bed. I'd recommend Sleep Number.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had our Sleep Number bed for about seven months now. It was recommended by a couple of people who really liked the bed. We had a Tempur-Pedic, but that just wasn't working out as we were waking up with sore backs. We tried the Sleep Number bed and we love it now. The sales professional we had was wonderful. Everything was great in the delivery as well. They set it all up and put the other bed downstairs for us. They were really nice. We usually have the head part elevated a little bit. Normally, we keep it at what our number is, but depending on how we feel, we adjust our number once in a great while. It's nice that we can adjust it to a certain firmness if ever our backs are bothering us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife did some research on Sleep Number and we decided to buy one. Outside of the initial purchase, we had very little interaction with their personnel and when we did at the store, it went very well. We waited a little bit but that was just based on the number of staff they had in the store at that time. I’m a pretty patient guy compared to others.

Factual basis uncertain

Was scheduled for delivery 1 Dec 16 between 10 am and 2 pm. After 2 I called the store and they could not find the bed. They referred me customer service. I spoke with a supervisor named Bret at 2:45 pm. She could not find the bed either. For compensation she said she was authorized to offer one piece of bedding. Someone will call to reschedule delivery within 48 hours. How disappointing this is. Wait two weeks for a bed only to be told my order fell through the cracks and be offered such minimal compensation! Not happy at all with my experience so far with Sleep Number. Yes, I got an email and automated phone call to verify delivery.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Fred, thank you for your service. I apologize for the troubles you've had with your bed losing air. While defects in our beds are rare, the ones that do occur are most often found and reported in the first two years of use, which is why we fully cover any replacements due to defects during that period. After those first two years, your bed is in the prorated portion of your warranty, where we're still covering a portion of the cost for your replacement, but no longer the full 100%. You can find the details of our 25 Year Limited Warranty by clicking the link below:

I'd be happy to look into the concerns you have and see what solutions we can offer to help, just send me a private reply with the name and address on your order and I can get started.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

After spending so much money for a new bed, we were under the impression that we had a great bed with longevity. After approx. 3 years we find out that our air chamber is apparently defective and the company is now demanding we pay $65.60 for an apparent new chamber plus postage!!! I am a 72 year old Vietnam Veteran on limited income and I would certainly never order another Sleep Number bed as they are way too overrated and too costly for what you get. At least we learned our lesson and I would urge anyone to do very detailed research before buying on of these overpriced inferior beds.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm incredibly sorry for the trouble you experienced throughout your delivery process, John. This is in no way the service we want to provide our customers with, and I want you to know I've made sure to pass along these details to our Leadership teams for their review. We think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. I apologize again for this experience, and that you've decided to explore other options. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Pete M

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

On 11-15-2016 I ordered a Sleep Number i8 bed and mattress from a very knowledgeable, courteous and helpful Store Manager in Fresno, Mr. Jorge **. Due to a recent family emergency (heart attack), I needed a good quality elevated bed for my wife to be able to sleep safely. Mr. ** showed me and my daughter the various features of the Sleep Number bed with a full demonstration and a contract was completed. Our delivery date was set for 11-26-2016 between 10 AM and 2 PM. With 4 people setting aside their busy schedules until 7 PM, awaiting delivery so that our current mattress would go to a needful person, there was no delivery; no phone call or text message to either of the two contacts I had supplied.

I called the central 800 delivery number at 3:15 PM and the lady stated that the bed and mattress were on the truck, but "for legal reasons" (?) she could not call the deliveryman; only text him. I stood by phone and cell phone until 7 PM, as stated above. The next day I complained to Mr. ** and he promptly and correctly carried the complaint to "his boss" with the final complaint reaching, I believe, the VP of Marketing of the West Coast or similar title, in San Jose, CA. He was very courteous, but the information he imparted was that the deliveryman got sick and tried to reach me. The deliveryman claimed that "[my] phone number was not set up to accept messages." An obvious lie on the part of the delivery person; my home phone has an active answering machine and my cell phone accepts voice and text messages; both were checked each hour until 7 PM or later.

Admittedly because my wife had neck problems requiring a chiropractor from trying to sleep on elevated pillows during this time, I was furious at being lied to on top of the non-delivery per their agreement. I will credit the persons on the phone with being courteous despite my less than civil tongue. The next delivery day was allegedly today, 12/1/2016, but I was meanwhile researching competitors and learned that there are many beds with more features, minus the adjustable airbag, at half price. And research of reviews indicated a fairly high number of complaints with servicing problems; plus the fact that, as I had been shown on the contract, that if I didn't like this bed, the $4000 bed frame is not refundable; apparently because it is made in China.

Today I canceled and ordered a Craftmatic Adjustable Split Cal King bed, with guaranteed return of bed and mattress if it is inferior, rated #1 by a certain agency - at half the price I would pay for the Sleep Number and with more features; only no air bladder. Realizing that the air bladder thing is nice, the service, promises and reliability of American made equipment are far more important to me than a Sleep Number. Bottom line - put off and then lied to - that was the absolute deal breaker for me. If they lie, how can they be trusted if something needs servicing? My condolences to Mr. **, a very decent representative, for the loss of this sale.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a Sleep Number bed for several years and purchased a second one for another bedroom. We wouldn't have purchased another one if we weren't happy with the first one and our purchase was handled professionally.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We chose to buy our first ever Sleep Number bed based on everything we've heard about it from other people who has had it. Ended up getting the base, mattress, pillow, and bedding. But we're having some issues with one of the sleep cells of the bed. We switched the hoses like they asked us to but it's still deflating when we get into the sleep cell on one side. Also, just recently, we've lost connection with the SleepIQ. For some reason, the Wi-Fi is not working with it. But still, I'd recommend Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Cindi, and I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with your bed. We'd really like to help troubleshoot your bed so we can get you back to the great sleep you deserve. To get started, simply send us a private message with your account info and we'll get to work for you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

FLEX TOP KING FLEX FIT2 - The bed on both sides keeps losing air. I have been complaining and doing exactly what I have been told to do to "adjust" the bed. Now you want to charge me $180 to have someone come "look" at it??? Wrong! Come get this $7,500 piece of crap!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm so sorry to hear that, Stacey, and we'd love the chance to look into this for you. To get started, simply send us a private message with your account info and we'll get to work for you right away.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Awful. Cannot confirm a time until 2 days before, if you can't make that time, rescheduled for two weeks later. We have currently rescheduled deliver for the 3rd time - 7 weeks after the product purchase. This morning I spent 2 hours on hold to try to get help, only to be transferred back to the original person who can't help me. Unbelievable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile