Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had an older Sleep Number. I got a new one since I needed a bed that accommodated my health. The head lifts up on the new Sleep Number. I have breathing issues and fibromyalgia so the whole bed helps. Its quality is a 100%. I'm happy with it. Their sales reps were all very pleasant as well. I got along with them just fine. Also, the guys delivered the bed and set it up. They explained everything to me that if I move, they'll come, take it down and set it up again if I want them to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For the past week and change, I've been sleeping on the floor as I await my new mattress. I recently moved and sold my mattress before I moved in anticipation for the delivery of my mattress, which I was told would, was scheduled to ship at most within 7 days. Having called customer service multiple times since placing that order, I've been told in fact the shipping date is anywhere between 14-17 days due to issues in the manufacturing process - but I haven't gotten any firm assurances. So in addition to the time it would take for UPS to deliver the mattress, I'm looking at about a month before I see a mattress and get off the floor.

While a customer service rep did offer to refund the shipping charge, it's really unacceptable for a mattress to take a month for delivery. More so, to tell me multiple times (in person and email) that it would take 5-7 days to ship from the warehouse, is misleading and unfortunate. As a new customer, I have faith in both the mattress and Sleep Number's customer service, but unfortunately that comes at the cost of my back.

Entire atmosphere in store was professional and helpful. There was no high pressure, and individuals who helped me were thorough in their responses to all questions. They were confident in their knowledge of their product. They also were clear to let me know that they will always be there to help at any time in the future!

This Sleep Number bed is the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in during my whole lifetime. It has been the best investment that I have made. It is so comfortable, I hate to get out of bed, I just want to stay in bed all day. I am so happy with my purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Amy. We're happy to hear that our teams were able to resolve this quickly for you and that you're back to sleeping comfortably!

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2017

We realized that our Sleep Number bed pump (and remote on my side) was not working. I called and was given the opportunity to speak with a knowledgeable representative who seemed to genuinely care that we were happy and that our needs were met. We have LOVED our Sleep Number bed, have recommended the product glowingly and will also do so again since it was so easy to speak to a customer service representative and have our issue (the first issue in slightly over 10 years!!) resolved so quickly.

We bought our Sleep Number bed in 2010. It has been a good mattress. It has developed a slow leak and does not pump up to maximum firmness. I called today for a technician to come out. I learned there ARE NO SERVICE TECHNICIANS! They told me that they could send out a person who installs their bed, but the installer IS NOT TRAINED to service the bed. The agent then told me that she could walk me through performing a service check and then I could order a part if needed. I could not believe a bed that requires a pump and hoses does not have a trained customer service team that I would gladly pay to come to my home. I am so glad that Sleep Number does not manufacture washers and dryers. I am sure this NO SERVICE approach saves the corporation a ton of money. However, I will certainly not be a repeat customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had a Sleep Number bed since 2005. I recently purchased a new mattress to upgrade and had a horrible experience. After receiving an email verifying my delivery date for the following day and taking down my existing bed and bed frame, I called to verify the delivery and was told it had been postponed nearly a month. It seems they had no intention of telling me (I found out they had changed the date twice) and could care less if the new delivery date was acceptable to me. I spoke to some type of manager since my case was escalated and was told they couldn't "locate" a mattress for me. How does a mattress company not have the ability to "locate" a mattress for a month??

After receiving a ridiculous offer to knock off half the delivery cost ($90) for the inconvenience, I cancelled my order. I had also ordered a bed skirt online and since they send no paperwork with their shipped items, I had to call and spend nearly 15 minutes on hold to ask them to process a return so they could send me a return label. Initially I was told this was a non-returnable item, but was granted a special circumstance after telling my story and asking to speak to a manager. I have never felt a company cared so little. I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Barb. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with your sales representative and our home delivery team. If you find you have any questions we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I've had a Sleep Number bed in my home for six years. This is my second purchase because we had a queen bed but my husband wanted a king. The sales rep was very informative and the delivery team did a good job. The price of their bedding is very expensive. But we have the head that goes up and down so I can buy other sheets for the king bed because of the split.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for the shout-out, John! I'm so glad you're enjoying your bed and I hope you keep sleeping well :-)

Original review: June 16, 2017

We had a previous Sleep Number bed and wanted to upgrade to a king size bed. We purchased the mattress, the bed frame, and sheets and our experience with the store was just fine. Then, the delivery guys came and they were great. They took the old bed and then put in the new. It's a quality and comfortable mattress. We’re enjoying it just fine and I’d recommend it to a friend.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience with us, Earvin! We're thrilled you've been enjoying your bed, and we're glad you received great service when you stopped by your local store. If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Jamie S

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 15, 2017

We needed a new bed and have seen the Sleep Number commercials so we bought the iLE mattress. My wife and I were very detail-oriented, so we went in the store not less than 20 times before we actually bought and the reps were professional and knowledgeable. Out of the 20 times we visited, there was only one time where we got someone who wasn’t as knowledgeable as the others. The overall quality of the bed has very high marks and we're actually looking at buying another one. Sleep Number has lived up to their commercials.

Resolution In Progress

When I placed my order and then again on the confirmation email I was told it would ship in 5-7 days. After 10 days when I hadn't heard anything I contacted customer support and then was told, "Oh no, shipping takes 14 to 17 days." I have already paid the credit card bill and have nothing to show for it. Too much of a difference.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi, Jill. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your bed. It sounds like the supervisors were working towards a solution by troubleshooting what might be wrong. We want all of our customers to know that your warranty covers any replacements due to defects, but we suggest troubleshooting over the phone or online because it lets us find out what needs to be replaced and order the new part while we’re talking with you rather than waiting for a technician to come out and look at the bed. That means the replacement arrives much faster than it would if we had to wait to hear from a technician and it makes sure the situation is taken care of and our owners start sleeping well again as soon as possible. We understand that while our beds are easy to work on in the event you experience any trouble, not all of our owners will be able to complete all of the necessary steps to help us get to the bottom of their concerns. We can offer to have one of our technicians come to your home to look into this for you for a fee. We hope that you continue to work with the supervisor you've been working with to find a resolution. If you have any other questions we can help with, simply give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll be glad to help.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Our I-10 split King bed was comfortable at first but after 2 years, one side is lumpy (#85) and the other side is slipping off of the base repeatedly (#60), and is very uncomfortable. When I called, the first associate said it was out of warranty and could not help. After escalating to a supervisor, I got 2 different opinions from two helpful people. Bottom line was that it was recommended that we plump the top mattress which is foam and hard to plump, and either put hard foam under the side that is drifting off of the bed, or (second opinion) look in the base and see if struts are failing. To get a technician will cost $179 to help. Product failure after only two years is unacceptable. This product cost $10,000, and should not be failing after two years.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

That's great to hear, Wade! We're glad you're sleeping well :-)

Original review: June 14, 2017

I had a water bed and it leaked, so I purchased the Sleep Number. It wasn’t a Sleep Number then though when I got them. They didn’t have the Sleep Number, just the Select Comfort. So I've been sleeping on Sleep Number since they’ve come out and I got three of the mattresses already. I own one king with the mattress and the base, and two queens with just the mattress. Me and my wife sleep on it fairly well and we're satisfied. I have no complaints whatsoever and I've recommended Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

While we're glad you're loving your bed, Susan, we're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced and we'd like to help. Please send us a private message with your shipping address and we'll get started on some solutions.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Original review: June 14, 2017

I would definitely recommend Sleep Number. Their sales representatives and delivery team were all great. I love the bed and being able to adjust it and raise the leg. I've had back issues and I know one night, I could not get comfortable until I put myself in the zero position which I like. However, I get very hot on the Sleep Number bed. I'll wake up sometimes at 3:00 or 4:00 because it’s hot. It's not a big deal in the winter, though. I was in their store at North Point Mall yesterday and talked to Sandy. She told me about getting the cooling pad, but then I needed to make sure that my sheets weren't high numbers. I’d probably buy a set of sheets once I can, but right now, it’s not in the budget because my sisters and I are renovating my mother's house in Alabama.

The other issue I have with the Sleep Number bed is that it doesn't stay together well. It almost needs to be inside of a holder where it can't get misshapen. It's also gotten bulgy on one side. My husband weighs about 270 lbs. and he's lost about 25 pounds now, while I only weigh about 140 lbs. Even though I'm pumping it back up to 100 everyday, it rounded and it's not staying flat on the sides as well as our other one which was just one mattress. Sandy opened the bed up and there's a split between the two like they're not together. We had a Sleep Number before that was also in king size like the one I have now. That bed was even on my side and did not bulge out on the sides. But it didn’t raise the legs and that’s not a good position for me as it bothers my back. I needed one that the legs would come up too. But my daughter loves inheriting the other one.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry you've experienced some trouble with your pump, Justin. It's important for our customers to know that defects in our beds are rare, but the ones that do occur most often pop up within the first two years of use. That's why we fully cover the cost of any replacement parts due to defects during the first two years of your limited warranty, and provide prorated coverage thereafter. I'd be happy to take a second look at this for you, just send me a message with your order and contact information and I'll get to work as soon as possible.

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 13, 2017

My pump on my Sleep Number bed (7000 California King) decided to stop working after a few years of use. The agent told me I was responsible for a $250 pump on a bed I paid THOUSANDS of dollars for. I have purchased 3 beds from this company, and apparently my business doesn't matter to them. Not only will I never buy another Sleep Number bed, but I will let everyone I know hear about the terrible customer service I have received as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased our first mattress over 20 years ago. Right from the start our backaches were gone. Now in our 70's we are in need of a new one. We both have arthritic problems and looking forward to a new mattress. We are pretty active on our farm in MN, so a good night's sleep is important to us.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi, Tauheedah. If there's something we can help with, just send us a quick Private Message with your account info and we'll look into your concerns.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Mom of 9 kids, we escaped DV, worked 2-3 jobs at a time. Kids grown now, 19 grands 5 greats, director of non-profit S.W.A.N. loading and delivering donations every week. Sleep on an old mattress that leaves me in pain during my dreams. Help Me!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Betty. We really appreciate the feedback and if you'd like some help with the concerns you mentioned, just chat in or give us a call and our agents will be glad to assist you right away.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Original review: June 12, 2017

We’ve had Sleep Number for 16 years. The husband of a friend of ours is a rheumatologist. Way back, he said that having a Sleep Number was a good thing so we’ve had one ever since. We have personally purchased five beds. Our first was 15 years ago and we had that shipped and we put it together ourselves. Then we got another one for another house and one for our daughter. The second one was from a warehouse and we also put it together ourselves. Same for the single bed. Then we got a new one with vibration and then we just got another. These last two were mechanical and we had them home delivered. Then one of our children also got one and we shipped it to them.

On our first home delivery, the guys were not nice at all. They were brusque and I didn’t know that the bed was gonna get screwed down to the base. I had a dust ruffle and they were just gonna put it on. The whole thing was a little less than pleasant but that was quite a while ago. On the most recent one, the guys were very nice. They were foreign speaking which I had no trouble with but one of them didn’t really understand English and the other one did. But they were very careful and respectful in our home and got the bed set up for us and did a quick run-through. Because we had some experience with it, it didn’t require as much time. They showed us about the SleepIQ. It was a little hasty but I said that we’re fine and that we’ll figure it out.

Everyone in the sales team had been very helpful. Our most recent experience was out of the mall here in Portland and the guy was great. He was trying to offer a little bit more information and suggested I really needed them but we were just trying to replace something we’d already had. But he was really helpful in figuring out the most discount we could get ‘cause I was a medical professional. He also recently called just to see how things were, and we’ve had this bed now for quite a while. However, based on what he had told us, I was under the impression I could adjust the height of the bed. But that’s not correct and that was not made clear to me. He had put it in a certain height and asked me if I liked it. I had said yes and that’s what he ordered for us. It’s 16 inches from the floor, instead of 14, then I had to buy a dust ruffle that was high enough.

We also ran into an interesting problem with the company that handles maintenance. Our first bed had the massage system and the tilting of the bed and part of the motor died. I called and told them what was wrong and they said we had to replace this whole thing. They sent it and we took everything apart but it didn’t solve the problem because it was a small, little part that needed replacement, so they had to send another one. So that was a bit of an aggravation. Plus, we did it ourselves and that was a little bit of an annoyance.

As for the bed themselves, I’m very pleased with the quality. However, I don’t like the massage feature on the newer one as much as our original one. That’s the the one before what we have right now. It’s got more vibration capacity and it seems like the motor is a little stronger. Same for the wave feature and the intensity, which only has a low and a high. It’s not as high as the one that we originally purchased. It makes some noise too. We think it’s vibrating against something and we’ve moved some furniture around. I‘ve also called and they offered to send somebody to investigate but I've just been a little lax about it.

It also said that we were getting this gray linen base which I didn’t really understand. I thought I was getting this whole big support thing, but I wasn’t. That was a little confusing and was not made clear to me. I had to figure out what to do with my dust ruffle because I wasn’t gonna spend the money to get another one ‘cause I'd have to have holes in it so that the mattress can adhere to the base. So that’s a bit of a problem. But I cut it and figured the whole thing out the way I wanted it.

It’s terrible to keep the sheets on them too. The mattress is so deep that even the deep pocket ones don’t go long enough to tuck in on the sides. Our bottom sheet sometimes comes undone when we elevate the head of the bed. Then we have to remake the bed when we get up in the morning. I don’t want to spend money on brand new sheets but I want to buy Sleep Number sheets. They’re probably longer. Then for the mattress top, we got one that was a little firm. We love the beds but we like how our original bed feels better. There’s a certain type of firmness to the mattress. It’s the density of that top. Overall though, it doesn’t affect our sleep. We love the beds and the mechanisms. We love the way it can tilt the head up. They’re wonderful and these are little idiosyncratic issues for us. We still tell everybody to buy them.

We also bought the night light. That and the SleepIQ are just nice features to have but we don’t use them very much. Maybe when I’m really old and worried I won’t see at night, I will need the night light. But then, it’s not like you can push a little button. You’re gonna have to get up and pick up the remote. Then a little screen lights up but for some people, that’s not gonna be enough to figure out the buttons. So it doesn’t make sense the way sensing night lights work. You have to put it on and then it’s on all night or you have to fumble, find the remote and feel for the button. Though it might be wonderful for some people if the light’s across the room. But the beds themselves are fantastic, easy and dependable. I don’t have to flip it over or worry about needing a new mattress. It does just what it says it does.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know that you're enjoying your bed and the experience you've had with Jose and Nick. We wishing you the best and if you ever have any questions for us down the road, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 11, 2017

Very satisfied with delivery people Jose and Nick. They were right on time and very courteous. Very helpful in setting up the bed and taking my old mattress and frame. I would highly recommend them to any home. Jose explained the remote control to me. It took them just about one hour to set up the bed and now I am enjoying a good nights sleep every night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love my Sleep Number. I tried one out for myself in the store and bought my first one. I got everything such as the base, comforter, pillows, and sheets. I've had my Sleep Number for six months now. They've got great customer service. I set up the bed myself and it was pretty easy. It was a great experience overall.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Robert, thanks for taking time to bring your concerns to our attention. After reviewing your file I see that both sets of sheets have since delivered to you and I sincerely apologize that the proper shipping expectations were not provided to you. We try to ensure all of our owners have a great experience with us, and it's clear we fell short of this goal. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us, and I'll be sure to forward your comments on to our leadership teams. If you find you have any additional questions or concerns, please just let me know.

Original review: June 11, 2017

In December 2016 I purchased a Sleep Number bed along with linens which were very expensive. While the bed is OK, we immediately had a problem with the linens and when taken back to the local store they said we had to get replacement from customer service. We were told they would ship within 5 days from May 27. And when not received, customer service was called on June 7 and we were told they were never shipped but would be that day and we would have by Saturday.

On Thursday of that week I noticed that they only were shipping one set instead of the required 2 and called and once again spoke with Customer Service. They acknowledged the error and said again that it would ship immediately 2 days delivery. Saturday has come and gone with no sheets. While the bed is OK but for the amount of money spent, I would not repeat this purchase. The lack of customer service from Sleep Number has definitely ruined the experience of dealing with this company. I should have known since we had trouble with customer service the days immediately following the purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Music to our ears, Amy! Keep up the amazing rest :-)

Original review: June 10, 2017

This has been the best purchase we have ever made! We purchased from the Stone Creek Store from John and Ben and they were fantastic. The delivery guys were awesome, they were polite and personable. They knew exactly what they were doing. Very professional! I just can't say enough about the people and product. I will be telling everyone I know they need to get a Sleep Number bed. Thank you so much Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, Tom. We're very sorry about the delay in the delivery of your new bed and that it resulted in you cancelling your order. We try to provide a great experience for all of our owners from start to finish, and it's clear we've fallen short of that goal in this case. We really appreciate the feedback and your comments will be forwarded to our leadership teams so we may improve in the future. If you ever have any other questions we can assist with, please just let us know.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Having been a customer for over 15 years, shocked at how this company has declined. I ordered a new bed and was first told it would take two weeks for delivery, now it's another two weeks. A month for a bed? This was the first sign of how flawed the company is. Next, they force you to pay for them to set it up. I've set up earlier models many times, but these greedy folks want more money now by gouging you for a required setup. Really disappointed in the decline of this company. I'm now trying to cancel the order. I ordered a Casper for another room, and the service and quality was excellent. Sad that is no longer is the case with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Kathy. I can't apologize enough for the trouble you've had with the delivery of your new bed! I see that you've already spoken to one of our supervisors, Amy, and I'm so sorry that she wasn't able to assist with getting your bed sooner. We aim to provide an exceptional experience for all of our owners, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. I want you to know your feedback is extremely important to us, and I'll be forwarding your comments on to our Leadership team for review. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I can't even tell you how frustrated I am with this purchase. I was told that I should buy it before the Memorial Day rush to beat all the deliveries because it will be busy. They scheduled a delivery date at the time of purchase and I did it 6/13 because I had to request for a day off from work ahead of time. Next thing you know, after I get off work Friday, I get a call saying it won't be delivered. I wasted taking a whole day off when I could be working and making money.

Then I called customer service where the first time, she didn't know what was going on so she said she call me back within an hour, never got a callback - waited 3 hours before I called customer service again. Then I called and was on hold for 25 minutes before I got anybody! Then I got transferred like 4 times. I was on the phone with customer service for an hour. 1 rep told me it would be 6/23 and he can refund me the home delivery and maybe a few hundred off. Then he transferred me to supposedly his supervisor, then she said she would only do the home delivery and it won't be delivered until 7/3! I purchased this on 5/26 and requested for time off which lost me money for the original delivery. Now it's been over a month to even get the bed. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for taking time to share your review with us, Rhonda. We're glad you've been enjoying your bed, and we thank you for recommending us to others! If there's anything we can help with in the future, please let us know.

Jamie S

Original review: June 10, 2017

I had a Sleep Number for about 15 years and recently bought a Sleep Number for our 91 year-old mother to make her more comfortable with her arthritis. And it's working out well. There was a guy and a girl that worked at the store in Atlanta and they were both very nice and helpful. Their delivery team was quick in and out. They were very efficient and polite. We moved during the time that we had our Sleep Number and a piece was broken by the people that moved us. Sleep Number replaced it immediately with no charge. They also replaced the thick foam topper on our mattress with a lot less price than buying a whole new bed. I've been very pleased to refer family and friends to Sleep Number and would definitely buy another one myself should I ever need to replace mine.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience, Marylin. We're glad your bed is helping you get the quality sleep you deserve!

Original review: June 10, 2017

We had a Tempur-Pedic and thought we'd try something different because our Tempur-Pedic was getting too hard and I was having shoulder pain. Sleep Number is a good bed and we've been happy with it. I don't have shoulder pain anymore since using it. The service guys and the people at the store were very nice and that's important to us. Also, we've had our share of delivery people. Some of them were good and some were not. But Sleep Number's guys were terrific and the men that installed the bed were knowledgeable and nice people. The bed costs a lot of money but we're sleeping all right and we can afford it so it's fine. We have recommended other people get it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us, David. We want you to know we advertise that we offer an In Home Trial rather than a free trial specifically because our owners are responsible for shipping costs should they decide their beds aren't a fit for them. We also think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please reply here with the name and address we delivered your bed to and we can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

After agreeing to a trial period, my wife and I decided that this wasn't for us after less than 1 week. I called to return and I was told that only the mattress can be returned. The motorised frame was not able to be returned and is going to cost me a little over $2700 plus a shipping cost of $129 for them to pick up the mattress or $29 per UPS SHIPPING LABEL (it takes 5) and I have to buy the boxes (in case you don't want to do math today that is over $150 and you still have to take it to the UPS store. Now we are stuck paying for a frame I will never use and can't sell. Let's face it. Who is going to pay the full cost... I was never told about the frame requirement, only that if I did not like it we could return it. When the installers were here I was told again I could return my Sleep Number if it wasn't for us... A CLASS ACTION SHOULD BE FILED!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're so happy that we could provide you with a great experience, William. Thanks for sharing your review and if you ever have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 9, 2017

My purchase experience with the Sleep Number bed was one of the best I've had in many years. The salesperson at the store was so patient in dealing with a hard of hearing old man and made sure I understood everything so that I purchased the right bed for me. The bed was delivered right on time by 2 friendly young men and assembled very quickly. They left me very comfortable in knowing how to work my bed. Overall a 10 experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're very sorry for the delay you have experienced, Cassandra. We see that you've already spoken to one of our supervisors, Melissa, and we're sorry that she wasn't able to assist with getting your bed sooner. Our teams are doing everything in our power to deliver your bed to you as soon as possible and we really appreciate your additional feedback. Your comments will be passed on to our leadership so that we may improve in the future. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Go Somewhere else. I went to the store and got reassured I could have my bed in 2 weeks no more. I got a call this morning from the tech that they would be here and call before they arrived. I call work to say I had to stay home and had someone take my bed. Now I have nowhere to sleep! I get a call 1 hour before my delivery time ends saying they need to reschedule at least 2 weeks out. All I was offered was to refund the delivery fee, which I think it is terrible to charge in the first place, on a bed that costs thousands of dollars! I could get better service at a Discount Depot. I absolutely regret my decision!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had previous purchases with Sleep Number and have had their products for six years. I had a p6 in one residence and I’m pleased with the quality of the model. I was convinced to buy the p5 when it was on a special as I was told it would be just like a p6. However, that was not the case and I purchased a p6 to replace it. My only disappointment is that I feel like I was misled with the p5 and ended up buying two beds instead of one. Other than that, Sleep Number is a great product and they have good customer service. I'd definitely recommend it to a lot of people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So my husband and I were very excited to be getting a new bed. We visited our local Sleep Number store where the associate was absolutely fantastic. We were told if we were to order it would take 2 weeks to receive our new bed. We wanted to think about it and do a little more research. Later on we were chatting with an agent online asking a few more questions. The agent stated to us if we were to place our order through the chat feature our order would process 24 hours faster than doing it online or in a store, but we would receive our bed in two weeks. A few days before our 2 week timeframe I reached out again to someone in chat to kind of get a timeframe on shipping since we had still not received notice our bed had shipped. This agent told me again within 2 weeks from our order date (which was 2 days away) and so it would ship early this week and we would have it in 2-3 days of shipping.

Well it is now the middle of the week and I reached out to customer service through chat again today to have the agent basically say the others lied to me on the "lead time", he doesn't know when we will get our bed, and basically to just wait for the shipping email to arrive. These are not cheap beds by any means. If you are taking thousands of dollars from someone, you should at least be able to give an appropriate timeframe or be able to update someone when they will get their bed. At this point I am VERY dissatisfied and will NOT be recommending Sleep Number to anyone based on this experience alone. Horrible customer service. If my husband was not as impressed as he was with this bed, I would cancel the order and save myself a lot of money and trouble. Hope this bed is worth it because as of now it is not worth the hassle.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile