Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 2 stars80
  • 1 stars435
    19%

www.sleepnumber.com

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm glad we could help, Phyllis! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and if you ever have any questions or concerns for us in the future, please just let us know.

Sleep well!

Pete M

Original review: June 18, 2016

I wish I hadn't put this off so long to order. I assumed it would be a long, drawn out experience and took less than 10 minutes. I managed to cut my first live chat off and figured I would have to start over. I was picked up by Alia and the order was picked up where Chris and I left off and off we went! Thanks to you both!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

The technicians came early, set up done in 25 minutes, and they explained how to operate the bed! This is one comfortable bed! Worth the cost! My advice... Go out and buy this bed!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Monica, we can't apologize enough for the trouble you've had with your delivery. It's really important that we provide a great experience for all of our owners, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. Checking into this, it looks like our Facebook team and managers are working to resolve this, if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Brett B

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I WAS so excited for my Sleep Number bed. Yet it was short lived. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the service I am receiving regarding the delivery of my Sleep Number bed! After confirming my delivery (scheduled for yesterday) twice and adjusting my work schedule... My delivery was abruptly cancelled without my knowledge! When I called, I was told that the driver was injured and my delivery was to be rescheduled until next week. I informed Sleep Number that absolutely does not work for me because I am without a mattress for my bed that has already been delivered.

After numerous phone calls, they refuse to make any accommodations that work for me to rectify this situation. I am simply given the company jargon of apologies, we can't, and unfortunately. I've been offered a percentage off the cost, but again this doesn't help the fact that I don't have a bed! I requested that they add my delivery to the very beginning or very end of a route for yesterday or today. They refused, and said that Friday evening would be the earliest. Again, this isn't something that CAN'T be done, because I'm sure if Steve Harvey wanted to feature a Sleep Number on a live taping today they would make it happen (and for FREE I'm sure).

As a business owner I completely understand things happening beyond your control. However, I also understand when you are at fault or the cause for the wrong there is a responsibility to make it right if at all possible. This isn't something that is not possible. They are simply unwilling to make an effort to resolve a customer service issue. Before this post I have talked to four representatives/supervisors who all refuse to offer resolution, therefore there has been ample opportunity for them to correct the issue. They have failed.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Melissa, thanks for sharing your concerns with us. I apologize for the troubles you've had with your bed, and for the frustration this has caused. We think it’s really important to know that while situations like this are rare, mold can affect any upholstered product under certain conditions. Sleep Number is one of the industry leaders in using treatments that prevent the growth of mold or mildew in our products, and we’re happy to say that we’ve had no confirmed cases of mold in any Sleep Number® bed manufactured in or after 2005.

We stand behind the quality of our products and we invite you to give us a call at 1-800-451-6340 if you haven’t disposed of your bed yet so we can help troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing. If you’d like to know more about the steps we take to protect our beds, just click the link below for more information.

www.sleepnumberfacts.com

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Today I was unzipping my 5000 Sleep Number bed. I found mold in the foam and on the blow up mattresses. No wonder I started developing issues at night. Now I have asthma!! So I talked with somebody on instant msg (ben) for Sleep Number. He asked for my address and phone #. However this has been maybe 15 years and I gave him what I could remember. He couldn't find me so he told me to call product specialist because they take mold seriously. The guy said he could create a file and set me up with replacements. So I called. Talked to BOB (I have phone # and ext) but I don't think I can put it on here. I told him what was stated with the guy on instant messaging. He tried to look me up again, said there are a lot of zip codes for my area and he would probably find a lot of names under the last name.

Next he says, "Well, I need the paperwork to do a claim. I can't find you in the system." I told him it was probably 15 years ago and I might not be able to find it. I asked if he could look it up by serial number or another way. He said no. Now he says I will have to pay 200.00 for a new pad since I can't find my receipt. I didn't even ask about the 2 blow up mattresses... Are you kidding me. This is a huge health issue!! They can't seem to send a replacement of the foam and mattresses?? What kind of warranty is this? I have pics of the mold on my items. What more do they need?? I asked if there was somebody higher up than him. He said no he was a supervisor. Well it doesn't seem they really take mold that seriously does it!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

I cannot say enough about the delivery crew! They were just amazing - courteous, professional, and helpful. They even offered to remove their shoes to avoid damaging my hardwood floors. Perfect preamble to many nights of great sleep.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I apologize for the experience you've had with your delivery, Todd, and I appreciate you taking time to bring this to our attention. I've reviewed your file and see that our team is working to resolve this for you as soon as possible, as well as the Office of our CEO has reached out to you, and I hope you'll continue to work with them. If you have any questions we can help with in the meantime, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Ordered 2 weeks ago. Got confirmation of delivery date, got call day of delivery they would be there. Ten minutes after they were to be there they called and said the rest of the day's deliveries were canceled. This is after I had my old bed removed from the house and sent off. Tried calling everyone involved to no avail. Now my wife and I need to sleep at a hotel for somewhere to stay. But no one seems to want to help.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Bonnie. We want to provide our owners with the best service for our owners, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you. After reviewing your file, I see that one of our managers, Amy, is working to resolve your concerns, and I hope you'll continue to work with her.

If there's anything we can help with in the meantime, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My Sleep Number bed with the Flexfit adjustable base were purchased July 2, 2016. They were FINALLY delivered August 12, 2016. I had 3 great weeks of sleeping soundly & without pain. On Sept. 3rd, the adjustable bed stopped working. Scott, a service technician for the adjustable bed has come 4 times in the past 2 weeks. He exchanged cables & computers 2-3 times, but to no avail. He is a very experienced technician.

I want the adjustable bed completely replaced with a new adjustable bed. This has been a huge disappointment & a waste of my valuable time. The purchase of the i10 mattress & adjustable bed cost $10,000.00. I was led to believe that these products were top of the line. Sadly, much cheaper mattresses & adjustable beds seem to work without any problem from the time they are delivered. Financed thru Synchrony Bank.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thank you for sharing this with us, Lisa, I'm really sorry for the delivery experience you've had. I've reviewed your file with the information you've provided and see that our Facebook Team has set up a callback for you with our managers so they can work to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

I appreciate your feedback and will be sharing your comments with our Leadership for their review. If you have any questions in the meantime I can help with, please let me know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed with my Sleep Number bed delivery experience. I was suppose to get my bed on Wednesday, September 14th. I received my first phone call around 7:45 AM that day to expect my bed to be delivered in an hour. 9:30 rolled around and I received another call that the truck broke down, but that they should be at my home in another hour. 11:30 came, and I called to inquire about my bed; they said they would arrive around 1:00 PM. I get a call shortly after 1:00 and was told that they would not be coming because the breakdown was more severe than they realized and they would call with a new delivery schedule. I had taken off of work that day and moved a drs appointment to the next day (I ended up having to go to urgent care that evening instead because, as it turned out, I had a double ear infection) to accommodate the ever changing schedule that day, only for them not to show.

So, I get a phone call that evening saying that my new delivery date would be Sunday, September 18th (today). I was skeptical, so this morning I chatted with a "Vlad" on the Sleep Number site and inquired about my delivery today. He said that the system said the bed should arrive between 5 and 9, but just a few days before, the automated system said that the bed would be here between 3 and 7!! So I tried calling the Sleep Number store I bought the bed from, and the corporate office, and they are all closed today. Around noon I received a call from Sleep Number customer service with an apology that once again my bed will not be coming today!!

Apparently, they had no way of getting my bed out of storage because it is closed today. They are refunding me my delivery fee, and I was told that they MIGHT be able to accommodate my schedule (might, as in maybe, not as in definitely). THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! I will be contacting corporate, my Sleep Number store, and anybody else I can get a hold of tomorrow to complain about the very poor customer service. The delivery refund for wasting my time (I took a day off from work) and energy is simply not enough. This is TWICE now that Sleep Number has cancelled my delivery. I will not stand for this.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Wannee, I'm sorry you've had troubles with your delivery and I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. I've reviewed your file with the information you've provided and see that our team is working to get your bed to you just as soon as possible, and that you're currently scheduled for 9/29.

I apologize for the delay, and I've forwarded the feedback you've shared to our Leadership for their review. I hope you'll continue working with our managers if you have any further questions or concerns about your delivery, but if there's anything I can help with, please let me know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I requested delivery time on Friday sep 16, 8-12am but they set me up on 12-4pm. I call first two times. Talk to two guys. They didn’t talk nice to me. I call customer service. I talked to Laura. At first I want to cancel my order but she calm me down and get me $200 discount off my order. I been wait all afternoon that day (I suppose to be at work). I first call and check with your staff name Anthony. He said delivery should be here @ 1.50pm. I wait until 3.00pm. No one show up. I call again. This time they said delivery will be here in 15 mins. After that still have no one show up. Then I call again around 3.30 pm. I think lady name Luke (I’m not sure). She check and said that delivery will be arrive in few mins. STILL HAVE NO ONE ** SHOW UP.

I wait until around 4.00pm that I talked to Sean that time. I was really mad. They waste my time. I lose money. I didn’t go to work because I have to wait for your delivery but they NEVER SHOW UP AND KEEP TELLING ME TO WAIT FOR THEM. SEAN GET ME ANOTHER $200 DISCOUNT OFF my order and he give me foam top for free. ALL THIS TIME NO ONE CONTACT ME ABOUT DELIVERY. ONLY I CALL THEM TO CHECK ON MY ORDER.

I wait until 4.30pm. Still no one show up. After that have 1 phone call said my delivery will be here in next 30-45 mins. Are you ** serious?! I can’t wait anymore. I gotta go to pick up my shift that time. I already late. I suppose to be there 4pm. Then I call to Sean again and tell him to contact delivery guy to leave all my order at the lobby of my apartment building and I will assemble everything by myself after I come back from work. Reason that I didn’t cancel order that time because I just want the mattress. I don't want to sleep on the floor or sofa.

Until 6.11pm someone call me that they didn’t delivery my order and I have to reschedule my ** bed!!! I’m pissed off. I call the same lady that I talk. I’m not sure her name. Luke said what she can do is just reschedules and delivery it on Thu Sep. 29. Does that mean I have no bed to sleep until delivery date?! I asked her, "What you gonna do with this?" She said she don't know what to say. ** IT!!! I NEED SOMEONE TO RESPONSIBLE WITH THIS!! THIS IS NOT MY FAULT!! YOUR DELIVERY TEAM **!! THEY LIED TO ME. They never be on time!!

My friend who recommend me to buy mattress from Sleep Number. He own 1 mattress and he told me yours is great. He also told me too that time when his bed was delivered he had this kind of problem too. He got his bed late too. But I thought that might be an accident or mistake but truth is your team are “UNPROFESSIONAL“. I lost my trust from your company. Now I would never tell my friend and everyone I know to order from you again. SO DISAPPOINTED!!

I know you have a good mattress. Your customer service team are great. I’m sorry that I’m not nice to some of you. I blame you with the fault that not yours. But just think!! If it were you “WHAT YOU GONNA DO?” You must be pissed, right? What I need is the bed I paid for delivery fee $179 (even you get me discount for that) but it doesn't mean you can be late for my bed delivery. Now I didn’t get my bed on time, how your company going to take care of this??? You might don’t care whatever I complain. I just a customer just a small voice. Lucky me I didn’t spend too much money to your company.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry for the troubles with your delivery, and I appreciate you letting us know about this. Please send us a private reply with the name and address on your order so we can look into this for you to see how we can best help.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Sleep Number's delivery system is a complete disaster. I ordered my bed on 8/21, supposed to deliver bed yesterday and the mattress did not make it on the truck. Now I have to wait until 23rd.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a new bed and I heard good things about Sleep Number from my sister. I then got a mattress from them. The sales people at Sleep Number were excellent, very conscientious, and they took their time. I scheduled a home delivery, and the delivery guys were excellent too. I'm a fairly big guy, and at times it feels like I'm sinking in further than I should, but I'm getting the best sleep I've gotten in years. I really like my Sleep Number mattress.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sorry for the trouble you've had with the delivery of your bed, Sarah and we'd like to help. Just send us a Private Message with your account info and a good phone number and we'll get a callback set up for you from one of our managers.

Charles M.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Have not received delivery yet. Delivery company called Wednesday to confirm delivery and haul off. They called at 7:00 AM this morning to say they would be here at 8:00 AM, then they called back at 7:15 and would not be able to do Haul away because we are first delivery but could come back sometime in the next 2 weeks. I have no choice but to take delivery with no haul away or reschedule whole delivery. Great first impression.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know about this, we're really sorry you're missing your Foam Comfort Layer from your shipment. Please send us a private reply with the name and address on your order and we'll be happy to see how we can help. We look forward to working with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

My i10 bed arrived today and was missing the top memory foam padding. I was told it would take several day to re-ship this box. This is unsatisfactory considering the price of the bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Michele. I'm sorry for the continued trouble you've had with the delivery of your bed and I'd like to get you in touch with one of our managers to help resolve this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your account info and a good phone number and we'll get a callback set up for you.

Charles M.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

This may be a fantastic bed, but we'll never know because the delivery is impossible! We were booked last Friday between 4-8 and delivery got cancelled at 7:15. They pushed us back for delivery 6 days later on Thursday between 10-2 and again, waited until after 1 to cancel delivery. They said the next available date is 5 days away... pretty sure we'll be cancelling our i8 flex 3 base purchase after my husband finds out since he's already taken off 2 1/2 days of work! Very disappointing business practices.

Factual basis uncertain

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Jerry, I'm sorry you're still having trouble. I checked into this, and it looks like our managers have attempted to reach out several times to resolve this, but haven't been able to reach you. I recommend giving us another call and requesting to speak with our managers and we can work to get this taken care of right away.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Did not get complete order, dual air mattress on top came months later. Called later and told they will order better mattress topper, told to try without the dual air?

Nothing done. Called back and nothing was ordered by Keyon--he lied about order. Talked to Jerith 8-3-16. Told it would be ordered, order came with wrong size topper that was foam junk. Talked to Tracy, also told that she would follow up--never heard from her again. Everything the same? Posted complaints on Facebook, contacted by Sleep Number said they would have a manager call. Woman left a message and call back num. It was a fax num. that was no good? Will not give up!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Yaitza, I apologize for the delivery experience you've had, and want you to know that one of our managers has reached out to you today from the request our Facebook Team sent over. I hope you'll give her a call or email her back so she can work to resolve this for you right away. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and will share your comments with our Leadership for their review.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I order a mattress that came yesterday. When they went to install one of these boxes was open and missing some screws. They told me that I would receive the screws that same day and that they would return tomorrow. Nobody called me the other day, and when I call customer service I was notified that my shipment is scheduled in two weeks. The worst thing is that they took my mattress because they said they will returned the next day and now I have no mattress to sleep for two weeks. I have all this boxes in my room and no installation for two weeks. Customer service said they will not charge me for the delivery, but this don't change that I need to sleep on the floor for two weeks. I had never written a review in my life, but I feel the service was awful and they not care that I have to sleep on the floor.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Jerry, I apologize for the troubles you've had with your bed. I've reviewed your file and see that our managers have reached out to you a couple times but have had to leave you a message. I hope that you'll call them back so they can continue to work on resolving the concerns you have. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, if you have any other questions, just let us know.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Two months plus either lied to, wrong part sent or same one. Promised calls. Left number of fax or general number for idiot wait! 9000.00 bed---hard joke. See why you did not ship dual temp until months later. I will not stop until I am satisfied!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm really sorry for the troubles you've had with your delivery, Heather, and I apologize you haven't heard back from our team yet. I'd be happy to check into this for you, please send me a private reply with the name and address on your order, the best phone number to reach you at, as well as any additional details about what happened, and I'll get started.

I hope to work with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

My husband and I were really excited to get the Sleep Number bed, a purchase we had been contemplating for quite some time. With the recent Labor Day sale, we opted for the iLe model with delivery and setup. Unfortunately, the delivery team damaged my bed frame's wooden side rail when sliding the plastic foundation into place. The placement was done quite hard (I could hear the thud from downstairs) and my husband immediately came to get me to show me the damage. There was a gouge taken out of the finished wood. I pointed it out and while it was hard to understand the delivery team (English was not their first language), I was finally put on the phone with someone I believe was a supervisor.

Shortly after, I was put on the phone with a customer service rep who informed me a complaint (or claim) would be made under my order number and I would get a call back within 24 hours. In 3 hours or so, that 24 hour time frame will elapse and I have yet to receive a call. A note aside, I adjusted the bed three times last night and couldn't get comfortable at all. I'm running on roughly 5 hours of sleep as I type this.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Love, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We definitely want you to love your bed, and we hope you'll give us a call so our team can look into solutions to help you get the great sleep you deserve.

We think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please send us a Private Reply with the name and address on your order and we can check with your local store for you. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our Leadership for review.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

Hello. I just purchased a Sleep Number bed and received it on 09/10/2016. This bed does not feel like what I tried out in the store. It is very uncomfortable and I felt worse on this bed than my old mattress. I've only had the bed for 2 days and I called customer service for a return... I was told that the base is non-refundable and will only refund me for the mattress. That's 900.00 they will keep!!! I'm so not happy with this. I used most of my savings to get this bed because of the back pain that I have. I want ALL of my money back on this!!! SO NOT HAPPY!!!

Found the whole process very easy and the customer service was exceptional. The set up team were in and out in 6 minutes leaving no trace other than the new mattress. Sleep has been good for me and getting better as we learn how to adjust and find the right number. It has only been two nights so far but I am extremely happy with the product.

Just upgraded to the i10 with adjustable frame. We have owned an innovation series pillow top sleep number for 18 years and absolutely have loved it. We have never had one single problem with it. After 18 years it still worked perfectly AND was still under the 20 year warranty! Rarely did I have to check my sleep number to make sure it was the same. Maybe once a year but probably more infrequently than that. If it was off, it was never more than 5 (my sleep # is 35, my husband's is 65).

Lately I've developed a medical condition requiring my head to be raised 7-9 inches when I sleep. I tried the wedge pillows, but without raising my feet I'd slide down. We upgraded our bed to a new split king i10 bed with the adjustable mattress base. Now I can raise my head/feet to any degree I want with the touch of a button. This new bed also has the sleep IQ technology and tells me my breathing rate, my heart rate, my REM sleep, how many times I was restless and what my suggested sleep # is!!! There is an app on my phone, but the phone does not have to be near the bed. The bed has its own sensors, magic!! This bed has a memory foam and regular foam layer for its last layer before the pillow top.

I like my side with the memory foam up. It's heavenly with the adjustable firmness. My husband likes the regular foam up and to sleep flat. We both love the personal variation for each side. While the bed is definitely expensive, they now have a 25 year warranty and because of our experience with the last bed, we know it will be going strong even then. There is nothing like a Sleep Number bed! Great customer service, helpful sales and delivery people, I can't say enough. I would have added my receipt for the new bed below, but I don't have a scanner. I have listed my sleep # order # though. I am a double verified buyer as this is my second sleep # bed!

Factual basis uncertain

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Peter, thank you for sharing your review with us. We think it's really important to know that having a service technician come out to your home is not something that we offer at no cost, and is not covered under the terms of your warranty. We do our troubleshooting over the phone or online as this allows us to get to the bottom of the concerns our owners are experiencing, often in less time than it would take to schedule for a technician to come look at your bed and report back to us so we can send out the proper replacement items.

After reviewing your file, I do see that one of our managers has been working to resolve your concerns and I hope you'll continue to work with him. If you have any questions in the meantime, just let us know.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

We have had our very expensive but excellent Sleep Number bed for a couple of years. For more than half this time our remote would not show the left side of the bed, and we could only adjust the right side. Being reasonably competent with electronics I knew the remote was faulty, not the bed. But Sleep Number does not let customers buy remotes at their stores, and their website ALWAYS says the remotes are not available (like they are "out of stock"). When you call customer service they force you to go through an agonizingly painful troubleshooting exercise to check everything on the bed, when all along you know it's just the bed!

At the end, the only way you can get a replacement remote is to pay $180 for a service technician to come to your house. We did this - and within 5 minutes the technician said "you need a new remote". Hey presto, wow, never thought of that. Anyway, he said he would order us a replacement - and said of course they are available for him to order. So, we will have to pay for a new remote and for the totally useless service call ($180)! This is such a blatant scam and obviously designed carefully by Sleep Number to work this way that it has to be exposed. This is consumer deception - by saying the product is "not available" on their website, where you can buy pillows and blankets and all sorts of other accessories, is just being dishonest. Please stop this practice Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Jeff, thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We think it's really important to know that the bed you've received is not a returned mattress, as we do not resell returned mattresses, so all the parts you've received are brand new for your bed. We have a great team of comfort experts that would be happy to look into solutions to help you get the great sleep you deserve.

We hope to work with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

We just received our Sleep number C2 bed. Waited for Delivery, and just spent the worst night of my life on it. It's HOT, uncomfortable, and it's going back. This is a glorified air mattress. What was I thinking! I have to wait until Monday to call the store. I will see how it fares one more night. My back hurts in places it never did. I would have been better off on the floor. It also did not have the new bed smell which makes me wonder if this bed was a return.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I have tried top-of-the-line beds and we're still miserable and in pain. My chiropractor told me to go to Sleep Number, and it was great advice. Talking to the reps was absolutely phenomenal. We actually went in right before closing and they stayed late for us. They were amazing. They came in early the following morning which was a Sunday to help facilitate the buying process, because after my husband and I purchased our bed we went back and bought our two teenage sons Sleep Numbers as well. They are happy campers too. In addition, the delivery team was quick, efficient, and did exactly what they needed to do. We are absolutely thrilled with Sleep Number's quality. To not be in pain is fabulous. Everything was just top-notch and we tell everybody about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased the Sleep Number bed and its sheets for my wife who's on oxygen. She can't sleep lying down anymore. She was in a hospital and when we got out, she slept in a chair for a week and a half until the bed arrived. We had the bedroom all cleaned up so the delivery team had an easy job installing it. And there was a plug close to it, so they did a good job. They came in, took half an hour to work, and they explained everything.

Ever since the bed arrived, my wife's been in there sleeping and it's been very good for her. I have it set up like the hospital bed with the top up and the bottom up a little bit and it's really helped out. It was an expensive purchase but it's been worth it. We had a good experience with Sleep Number and it's worked out very well. I'm very happy with it. When I had some trouble with the control, they sent me a new one, but I couldn't set it up. So I have to send it back, although I haven't had the chance to do that yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased one of those mattresses that have memory foam and the Sleep Cool when I was pregnant. We sent it back because something was wrong with it and it was replaced. In less than a year, we had spent $2,000 on a mattress and have already had to replace it. My husband had helped my brother-in-law who bought a Sleep Number put it together. We also heard good things about Sleep Number and knew people that had them, so we thought it's something we should go ahead and try.

The price was reasonable compared to what we had already spent on a different one. They shipped it to us and my husband set it up. He likes his mattress a little harder and I like my side a little softer. The best part is that there are some nights that I can adjust it to how my body is feeling that day. So if I work out and I’m sore, then I don’t want it to be hard and I can adjust the bed to fit how I’m feeling that evening. I love my Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Adriana, I'm sorry again for the troubles you've had placing your order, and I appreciate you letting us know about this. I've replied to your message on Facebook as well and if you haven't had the chance to yet, I hope you'll check there for more information. If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I call asking for help to process an online order - you have a terrible website that it NOT intuitive or user-friendly. It wouldn't take the Sleep Number card. The sales rep couldn't come up with the same sales number I was getting, so he dismissed me off to customer service - whose waiting time is so long they don't even put me on hold, just tell me to try again later. YOU JUST LOST A CUSTOMER!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Rob, I apologize for the troubles you've had with your delivery. While we're unable to have our CEO reach out directly, our Facebook Team let us know that the Office of our CEO did give you a call to try to resolve your concerns, and we hope you'll continue to work with them. If you have any questions in the meantime we can help with, just let us know.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Was scheduled for delivery today 9/9/2016 between the hours of 2-4. Got a confirmation phone call yesterday 9/8/2016 that delivery would be today. A half an hour before scheduled time today get a phone call that parts didn't ship and that delivery had to be put back a week. Tried talking to two different supervisors and kept getting the runaround. Have been told that parts weren't in and then that they didn't have enough technicians to make the delivery. The last person (Melissa) I spoke to said that she was the top person and that no one else could help me at this point. I demanded to speak to someone else and she disconnected me and I had to leave a message for the CEO. I didn't think there could be worse customer service than Comcast, but have I just been proved wrong. Someone needs to reach out to me immediately and resolve this situation.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Gerald, I really appreciate you taking time to bring these concerns to our attention and I'm so sorry for the experience you've had. We strive to provide our owners with the best service, and it's clear we fell short of this goal for you. We've just been notified that you've submitted this review, and we'd love to see how we can best help. After reviewing your file I can see that our team has reimbursed you for the amount you've paid for these services for the inconveniences caused.

I'd be happy to set up a callback for you with one of our Managers so they can see what other solutions can be offered, just send me a private reply with the best phone number to reach you at and I can get started.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

On 8-26-16 I placed 2 orders. One order was for dismantling or my Sleep Number Bed in order to move it to our new house and the other order was to have bed reassembled at our new house. I was told by the rep on the phone that both could and would be done on the same day. I received 2 confirmations by email, #** and # **. I gave the rep my cell number and told her not to have the drivers call my home number as we were moving and would be between houses. I also explained that the houses are only 7 miles apart from each other so we would be able to be at either house provide we had an advance call when the techs were on their way.

On 8-31-16 I received 2 calls stating that the service techs would be at the old house between 8 am and 12 pm and at the new house between 8 am and 12 pm and that we would receive call when the tech was headed in our direction. On 9-1-16 I had not received any call by 11 am so I called my voicemail for my home phone and found that the tech had left a message there instead of my cell as I had requested. My wife then went to the old house to meet the tech. The tech dismantled the bed and was going to leave when my wife asked him if he was going to follow her to the new house to reassemble the bed. The tech responded with “we only take the bed apart, another crew will put it together” and that they “had other jobs to get to.”

My wife asked him if we are on the list for later in the day to which he asked “are you at **?” When my wife said yes the tech then told her we were not on the list and left. My question here is how did the tech have our new address if we were not on the list?? At 11:15am I called customer service to inquire about this and was told that the tech should not have said that and also that I should wait until 12 pm before I call back if the tech does not show up. I called back at 1:30 pm and got another customer service rep and I explained that the service tech had not come to reassemble my bed. She put me on hold in order to reach out to the tech. When she came back on the line she said that she was not able to reach the service tech because he was not answering his phone but that she had left a message and someone would call me back.

At 5:30 pm I had not gotten a call back so I called customer service again and got another rep. She put me on hold so she could reach out to the service tech and when she came back on the line she said she couldn’t reach him but she left a message and someone would call me back. At 8 pm I had not gotten a call back so for the 4th time I had to call customer service. I got another rep who apologized and said she would try to rectify my situation. She also said I could go online and get instructions to put the bed together myself which I found somewhat insulting. I paid my fee to have this service done and I expected it to be completed. Also, I don’t know anything about a Sleep Number I10 bed with the comfort zone and motorized feature etc so I wanted an expert to handle the job.

At any rate, the rep put me on hold to reach out to the service tech and had the same results as the previous 2. She said she would call me back in the morning. So the first night in my new house my wife and I get to sleep on the floor while our $10000.00+ I10 bed is in pieces. On 9-2-16 the rep did call me back and said that unfortunately she could not get anyone to come out until 9-9-16 to reassemble our bed. I told her that was unacceptable and that she needed to get a supervisor involved. She said she would refund our charges and she would call us back. By 11:30 am I had not received a call back so I called customer service again and requested a supervisor.

After about 15 minutes a supervisor named Izzy came on the line. I explained my entire situation to him and he said he would reach out to service and call me back. He called back at 12 pm and said that someone would be at our new house to reassemble our bed the next day between 1 pm and 4 pm. He gave me his phone number and told me to call him if no one should up. I expressed my displeasure and having to sleep on the floor again but he assured me all would be taken care of the next day. On 9-3-16 no one showed up to reassemble my bed. I called Izzy and left him a message and as of right now I have not gotten a callback. My wife and I had to stop unpacking in order to reassemble our bed so we could sleep on it.

My frustration and irritation level with your company is high. As much as we love our bed if there was a way I could return it for a full refund I would do it immediately. This has been the most ridiculous situation I have experienced in a long time. Your people have not followed through on their promises or returned calls. If I am to believe your customer service reps the people that do the service work don’t answer their phones either. As I write this I have absolutely no confidence that I will get a response from anyone that has the authority to look into this issue and do anything about it.

On top of that everyone is quick to apologize but not so quick to fix the problem but since my wife and I reassembled the bed ourselves I suppose there is no problem any longer. By the way this is our 2nd Sleep Number Bed. We had one of the original beds and last year upgraded to the i10. In the 10 plus years we have had these beds we have never had a reason to call customer service and now I’m glad we hadn’t because I would have not bought another bed had I known your customer service was this bad. I sent an email to Sleep Number customer support that said essentially the same as I put in this review 2 days ago and have not gotten any response. Great bed, worst customer service I've ever experienced so beware.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile