Sleep Number

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Sincerely,

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

Could not find softer number without high back pressure and back pain and strain getting out of bed (several times a night. Prostate troubles.). Got new mattress and gave away the Sleep Number. Did get a new pad and no help. Not a Happy Camper. Very uncomfortable bed.

Our experience was very good, our associate was very helpful and informative. She explained all the benefits of the bed and how it will help our overall health. The bed could probably sell itself though. We can't wait for our bed to arrive!!!

I was given 2 sets of sheets as a gift and both sheets ripped already. For the price of these sheets they should never have ripped already. This product is so unsatisfactory that I needed to go and purchase regular sheets and customize it for my bed. I tried to call customer service but they wouldn't help at all. So instead of purchasing more from Sleep Number I will just have to customize my own.

The last bed you will ever buy? Only because they deplete your bank account. We have had to call them to replace the mattress because it ripped. The sheets are really expensive and last only 6-9 months because they rip at the feet. You can't buy the sheets anywhere else because they are a split top king. We have spend over $700 in sheet over the last 2 years. Hopefully a lawyer can direct me on what I can do to recover the money spent on these sheets. I don't know what to do about the bed, I feel like I was conned by the salesman. He said all these wonderful things about the bed and the sheets. Now I read about issues with mold. When will something happen to make Sleep Number correct these issues?

I recently had new flooring installed and while moving the bed the connection to the air hose was broken, so air leaked out. When I called to inquire about a replacement pump, I was taken care of in a very courteous and efficient manner.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Have had our bed for 10 yrs. And we're happy with it. However the pump broke on the bed and we can't sleep on it. My husband called customer service to order a new pump. It is now going on two weeks and they still haven't shipped a new pump. Poor service. I'll bet it wouldn't take that long if I bought a new bed. The quality of a good company depends a great deal on how they handle problems. Not a good job, Sleep Number.

Our experience with Sleep Number was very good, from the salesperson through the delivery??? The setup was quick, efficient and very well explained. No mess was left. We were treated very courteously. They also set up the app on our iPhone. Explained it to us.

I came as part of the 360 smiley review I left an educated consumer. I had no idea my bed was so inferior until I felt my body breathe a sigh of relief when I lay down one of yours. Using a proper pillow even further enhanced my comfort I almost fell asleep in the store. I originally came to get a free pillow for reviewing your store. We are now purchasing a bed and a second pillow after the first pillow does arrive. We also want a split bed. Was very excited to find out when my husband gets up it doesn't disturb my side. I thought all beds disturbed the partner period. It was a giant wake-up call. My body need you. The salesman is fantastic. He just educated me, no high pressure just wonderful knowledge. Thanks for the heads up and their future good sleep.

We purchased our first Sleep Number 21 years ago when we finally had a bedroom big enough for a king size bed. It was a wonderful decision that we are now repeating. We looked at other, more traditional beds online before deciding to go back to what we've loved-the Sleep Number bed. We did not buy the top of the line, but in our test at the store, it feels like it will be way better than "old faithful" was. The sales person was professional, easy going, not pushy and very informative. We spent about an hour in the store but got some good information and bought our second great bed. Sure, it would be nice if it cost a tad less, but in our earlier years, we've tried the bargains and sales and we're back buying another bed 3 years later after suffering with it. So this is it! We can't wait until it is set up and ready to use!

This is the worst company I think I've ever had to deal with regarding a product design issue. Who has to repeatedly try to get a mattress issue corrected? The Dual Temp accessory is very poorly designed and Sleep Number doesn't seem to care. There is a foam piece that is an integral part of the covering that is the Dual Temp. This will be my third replacement. Actually, it is the fifth replacement as they sent the wrong size TWICE. I'm convinced since they only want to replace the foam again, that this will continue to happen until the warranty no longer covers a replacement any longer. It makes the bed uncomfortable and I am about to try and forget how much additional it cost us to buy so I can just throw it out! Bad design. Don't get it. I can't speak for the quality of the mattress itself. Just the Dual Temp accessory.

I think the bed is mostly comfortable. I still do not get a restful night's sleep, but that is mainly because my husband hates it. He tried various sleep numbers, they sent us an extra bed to raise my side up to match his, he now leaves it at 100.

It's been 1 year since purchasing our now modified CSE bed. I am still having issues getting a good night's sleep in our bed. My wife loves the bed. Sleep Number was very helpful in trying to modify my bed with a couple different top options, which I certainly appreciated. I just seemed to give up on the communications/efforts to try to make it perfect for me, as my wife was very satisfied with what was done to the bed and I figured as long as one of us was happy, I should just leave it alone. I have yet to get a complete night's sleep without getting out of bed and finishing my night in my La-Z-Boy recliner. I do recommend Sleep Number, as one of us enjoys the bed and I was really impressed with Sleep Number's customer service and dedication to trying to make things right. I guess maybe this type of bed is just not for me?

The delivery people did install our bed properly and it has ripped both our mattress cover and sheets. They have been out several times with different ideas what is wrong with the bed. I have taken off work to meet them and I am losing pay and can't do it anymore and they will not do a time that will work for me. If we had known that customer service would be this awful we would have never bought a Sleep Number. Buyers beware, we spent over $9,000.00 dollars and they just don't care. Their set up and delivery department is terrible.

Multiple problems with the bed - from blinking base units to remotes that are dysfunctional to the HUGE wet spot on the bladder that was brown and stinky. All could have been resolved with a visit by a Sleep Number rep. Instead - 6.23 hours on the phone with Customer Service in Minneapolis. Close to 11 calls total with wait times every single call. Even up to the day the bed went back - it was another 26 minutes to speak with someone that could help. The hold times are TOOO long. There should be an option (like the big boys) of leaving a call back number. The sales rep was absolutely a gem. She helped facilitate a lot of the conversation and attempts to resolve issues. We got a "lemon" for sure. Perhaps if customer service would've been easier to work with (and believed our tails of blinking lights and beds that went from 55 to 100 by themselves) we might have kept the bed. Yet the stinky wet stain was the last straw.

Brendan and George were quick, competent and totally professional as they set up my bed. I wasn't sure what I would experience after a less than stellar experience at the store. However, I could not be more pleased with the service AND my bed. Thanks for the great service and installation!

I have had the Sleep Number Bed for over six months and it hardly ever works. I'm always climbing under the bed trying to make sure everything is plugged in correctly because my remote says it can't sync with the bed. I tried calling customer service once, but they were incredibly useless and sent me a new remote that won't sync with the bed at all. I was amazed that they would not send someone out to troubleshoot the problems I was having after I spent so much money on the bed.

I had no issues with this purchase except I thought the price was a little high. But when I checked other systems I found that all other systems were priced very high considering that you are not getting all the features that you are getting with the Sleep Number system.

I'm writing in reference to your delivery policy. When I bought my bed I was told that they couldn't give me a certain time and I would need to be available for the day. I cleared my calendar for today, April 15th and was supposed to have the bed delivered between 11 and 3. I was called this morning and told the driver had an emergency and we would need to reschedule. While I understand people have emergencies, I can't understand how a company of your size does not have a back-up plan if people call in sick.

I was then told it would be delivered on Monday during the day, which is not convenient for me. When I was asked if it could be delivered Monday evening I was told no. You would think that since your company cancelled the delivery date, you would try to accommodate your customer as soon as possible. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks for delivery. In this day and age it shouldn't take this long to get a bed especially for the price I am paying. I noticed my credit card was charged in a timely fashion.

We bought our bed 12 years ago. It is the perfect fit with what we each need for the best sleep. I do have a problem with my side. The little piece that attaches the hose to the air chamber broke. My side was going flat. We cannot get that 1 little piece. The rep. offered us a $200 pump purchase but we don't have $200 and the pump works great after all this time. So my husband still enjoys a great bed but I have foam stuffed in my side. I REALLY miss my Sleep Number!!! We got the 7000 Cal King Dual Mattress, pillowtop/wired. Model CM25WX. One of the best purchases we ever made. I recommend to all my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We looked for reviews all over the internet and eventually decided to get Sleep Number. I went in their store, asked a few questions and their rep showed all the options. I walked away with a quote of how much it would cost and then I went and talked to my wife. I went back the next day and purchased the Memory Foam king-size mattress. Their delivery team showed up with a few boxes, put the mattress together very quickly, and were polite and courteous. We love the mattress. They're very good and we're happy with what we got.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a Sleep Number for elevation because I've got some heart issues, and I can't sleep lying flat. The sales professionals were great and they knew their product. I had my purchases delivered and the delivery team were real courteous. They explained how to use it and they were very good. I've had absolutely no problem with the personnel. Initially, I was really happy with the overall quality of the product. I'm not exactly pleased with it now. I sleep in the same spot all the time and it's sagging there. It's giving in and kind of made a pocket or a dent on the bed and I’ve had it for less than a year. This made me regret the price that I paid for it. I could have gotten one of the other adjustable beds with a plain mattress and the bed is well off. They're somewhat cheaper. In my past experiences, you normally get what you pay for and in this case, I don't think I did. Other than that, it's great but I’m dissatisfied with it.

The store is beautiful, serene and just darn right relaxing. The person that Dept with me was awesome, dry polite professional and wonderfully friendly. I am still in the process of deciding what bed to buy, but I think the Sleep Number bed is worth trying and considering in the choice of beds out there. My only concern is I am a very large woman and it a little out of my price range to buy the thicker versions considering I want the adjustable base as well. People that are large usually prefer a 12 to 14 inch thick mattress. The 9 inch c2 is very reasonable, but I feel the price goes up way too much for a little thicker covering.

Salesman at Sleep Number at 60 S Waukegan Rd B, Deerfield, IL 60015 is a LIAR! We explained that we had a split queen box spring and asked if the base would fit in our old house. He assured us that "it came in pieces" and would fit. We spent $4600 based on that information to buy a mattress and adjustable base. I stayed home today to take delivery of our new bed - which we were excited about! - and it DOESN'T FIT. This wasn't an error. IT WAS A LIE!!!

I was impressed by the lovely manner and PATIENCE of the lady who helped me in the Flatiron store. I already love the products after 10 years of having the SLEEP NUMBER bed. The new IQ addition is wonderful and very informative, especially for those of us with severe osteoporosis-arthritis.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm 70 years old and I had cancer of the esophagus. I'm a very big guy, 6' 5” and weighs 270 pounds. I had a bed for over 20 years and I realized that I had to start thinking about those nine hours of the part of the day that I've been ignoring. And it was somewhat on an impulse and that the Sleep Number store I went to happened to be next door to a Starbucks that I frequented. I went in there and bought the bed. It's probably one of my better purchases that had further enhanced and is a vital partnership in my slumber. I've been diagnosed with extreme sleep apnea so with my CPAP machine and this new delightful bed, my life has changed dramatically.

I eventually got the bedding as well because my old sheets kept coming off in the corner and Sleep Number has those supports so that was very positive. The reps were very professional. They fielded all of my questions. I've been in there a couple of times after for follow-up and they've been very helpful. Then the delivery team removed a California king bed, which had been a monster in terms of size and weight. One of the interesting things within my experience, when you have third parties deliver something, they do only that. But these guys took the time and gave me a form of in-service, fielding my questions. I found that to be a very nice way to start the relationship with the bed.

Prior to having Sleep Number, I was not able to sleep more than two to two and half hours in years. I would always wake up and take a bathroom break. But now I'm getting five and six hours with this bed and it’s relatively new, especially with the CPAP. Also, the bed has dramatically changed my outlook on daylight hours. On daylight hours, I get up, I feel much better and more motivated. So far, it's been very good. I use the device for moving the foot and the head a lot. I'm hoping that it will survive. But there's an extended warranty on the mechanical functions of the bed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had two Sleep Number beds. Just the idea that you could get that adjustability and the different softness made me decide to try the bed. I first bought a dual king but then my husband passed away and I did not like sleeping on that bed ‘cause it’s half a bed. So I gave that to my son and I got myself a queen size. Their sales representatives have been very nice considering I have to talk to them on the phone. I’m legally blind and I can’t drive. So I have to just call and tell them what I want, give them a credit card number. The delivery team was very good too. I tell everybody I like my Sleep Number.

When I realized this bed was not for me, I called to schedule a return. I knew I would have to pay for the cost of shipping. They then told me that the frame was not returnable and the cost of the frame was MORE THAN THE BED. I checked my invoice, but of course, the cost of the frame was not listed. Why would they refuse the return of the bed frame but not the bed? Makes absolutely no sense except this is the way to scam people out of money for a product they do not want. I complained but no one cared. The frame is a month old and will not work with my new bed. I am considering bringing a class action for this consumer fraud. Anyone interested in joining the class?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a new bed and my wife said she wanted a Sleep Number especially that she had tried them in the past before we met. We got a Sleep Number mattress and we love it. It has a great quality, which is what we're expecting from the quality standpoint in that bed. The delivery was fine and we got everything we wanted. They just dropped the box and we put it together, which was easy to do. My wife has done it before just the same. Overall, it was a great experience with Sleep Number.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a new mattress and we have seen some advertisements so we decided to go check Sleep Number out. We liked it and so we bought one. The rep at Clearwater Mall was so informative that we got all our questions answered and knew that was what we wanted to do. Also, the delivery team were on time and careful so it has been great. We like our Sleep Number very much. My husband and I were old and it takes care of some of our aches and pains.

I purchased everything for my bed. The mattress, sheets, (2 sets), mattress cover, bed frame, and headboard, foot board and rails, including sleep IQ. The gentlemen brought everything in, set everything up and did not leave until I felt comfortable knowing what to do and how to operate my bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile