Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
3.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

8290 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 19, 2019

This is our second Sleep Number. We had our first one for 10 years and loved it and we didn't want to rethink changing brands. For health reasons, mainly my husband Rudy's back, we needed to make a change because our 10-year old bed had kinda begun to sink in a little bit. And our representative, Robert, at the Galleria, was excellent and explained that to us how that can happen. We probably could have upgraded before 10 years. But our old bed was well worth it for 10 years. We upgraded and went to an i8 360, Split King. I couldn't understand how we could have two different beds and it would still be one bed. But Robert was able to show that to us and help me understand. We absolutely made the right choice.

That was not the first bed that we looked at. But once he understood our sleeping needs he stirred us toward the bed that was the best bed and that was very helpful. My husband was afraid that if we didn't get the Split King, then he would disturb me if he was moving the whole bed. That was a very, very good point that Robert brought out. So, if Rudy puts his in the snore position, I don't even know it. It never disturbs me because my bed is completely separate.

After we went to the store the first time we went home and thought about it and Robert waited a couple of weeks and told us about a promotion. I told him I was sorry we hadn't called him back. I was glad he did that because then we made the extra effort to go in, talk with him again and by then, we made up our mind of which one to get. He helped us with our pillows and was very patient. We appreciated that.

Robert had assured us that the delivery team would give us a couple-hour window, and then before-they're-coming window. We live in the rural area and I wanted to make sure that they would get here. Robert said they deliver all over and they were here on time. The delivery team called me that morning. We moved our bed out and put it into the living room. We passed it on to one of our sons because it was steel and still in good shape.

When the men got here, they had just the bed frame, and they were ready to put it together. They were very nice. I was having a senior moment. I didn't move the tools on my furniture, without something under it and they were very understanding about that. He let me lay something down, so he could put his phone and other stuff. The youngest man explained he synced our phone with the Sleep Number control. Robert did that too in the store initially, and then this man followed through with whatever else needed to be done. By then the bed was in place and he could finish up. We read all the instructions but it was still helpful that he did it. They cleaned up and they were on their way in an hour and 15 minutes.

I have found, the best way to make the sheets is to put each side on the mode for "read." Do it one at a time, in that way, you can tuck the fitted sheets under there real good. I can manipulate the sheets better. I love the sheets and it has good pillows. It's really been a good experience. We're in our 70's and I'm assuming this would be the last bed we buy. We had to consider too that they stand behind their product. Rudy said we have have 30 days to bring back the first pillow that we brought home. We did have to take his pillow back because it wasn't comfortable for Rudy's neck. That went really well. I also know that if there's an error, if something happen under that bed that was electrical, or whatever, Sleep Number is gonna respond. So that's a good feeling too. Several years ago we gave a coupon to friends of ours at church. And they used the coupon to buy a Sleep Number bed. We tried to pass on the good effects of it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your experience and for recommending our beds to your friends and family, Susan. We're thrilled to hear you had a great experiencing working with your Robert at your local Sleep Number store and that our delivery team provided you with great service during delivery.

Wishing you and your husband a comfortable and relaxing night's sleep for many years to come!

Online Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I’ve been a long-term Sleep Number bed customer and I bought my bed back in 1998. It sounded like a good idea to me to be able to adjust both sides of the bed separately and be able to get a different firmness on one side of the bed. I also helped my mom and my boyfriend buy a bed and I just recently helped my friend’s mother buy a bed. She is 89 years old and she was having trouble with back issues. She was moving into an assisted living facility and they had to have a bed. I suggested that she might wanna look at Sleep Number because she could increase the bed firmness, or decrease it, depending on how she was feeling. She wanted a queen-sized bed, so we called the local Sleep Number place and asked them what the best way was to get a queen-sized mattress and what the options were. She wanted to stay within a specific price point, so she got the standard.

My experiences with the sales professionals at Sleep Number have always been really good. The only recent issue that I have had is I called the Novi, Michigan store a couple of times, but I got an answering machine instead of a person. They said if I left my number, somebody would call me back, but it was a little odd. After two or three times of doing that and not getting a callback, I contacted the Canton store and they answered right away. Otherwise, the people at the Novi store were really good and very receptive. There was a guy named David who works at that store who has been extremely helpful to me. And the guy at the Canton store too was Johnny-on-the-spot. He called me back about three or four times.

The mattress that got delivered for my friend’s mom got delivered to my front porch, but that was the UPS. I bought the adjustable bed frames separately for my current mattress and the delivery people delivered the bed frame and set it up for me. I would never buy another kind of bed. It is stupid to invest money in something and then have to buy a bed every four or five years. I had my first one in 1998 and I was gonna buy the whole new system when I went with the adjustable bed frame, but I thought that I would really be throwing away a bed that’s still very good. I was in the store trying to look at the new beds and somebody was trying to buy another one, and he offered to buy my 1998 bed from me while I was in the store. I said, “Nah, maybe not.” I’m a really strong proponent of Sleep Number beds. I tell everybody that I can’t imagine anybody buying anything different.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! We thank you for being a long-time fan, and we're thrilled you've recommended us to your friends and family.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't receive a call back when you left messages for our store in Novi, and I'll pass this on to our Leadership so we can follow up with our team here.

We hope you continue sleeping well for years to come. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We’d seen the advertisements of Sleep Number for years, and the bed we had was pretty uncomfortable. So, we decided we had the money available, and once we started reading about it, how it’s basically a 25-year guarantee and everything was pretty good about the bed, when we add it up, it made sense. We purchased two kid’s beds. We also got a king-size bed, but we bought the two individual twin-size ones, so that we could upgrade later to the better base, so we could have the elevation and all that added to it.

The saleswoman was great. She walked us through everything, showed us the benefits, how to find our Sleep Number, and how to do all that. Everything was pretty smooth and relatively easy. She seemed very knowledgeable. She had good talking points. She just told us about the bed, the different models, the pros and cons, and what specials were available. She let us try them. She really allowed us to make our own decision. She wasn’t really pushy about selling us on a certain model.

I find the Sleep Number good. The only thing that we have commented on is having the two twin beds is slightly uncomfortable at times because they’d push apart and there’d be a little bit of a gap. I don’t even know if getting a box spring set would make a difference. I understand that I'd be able to elevate the head and elevate the legs, but I'd still always have those mattresses pushing apart. ‘Cause we'd have a kid come crawl in the bed, and the next thing we know, I wake up in the morning, and my kid’s stuck in the crack between the beds. If I scoot over near my wife, the beds are pushed apart under my weight. So, I don’t know if there’s something that helps with that, but that’s about the only real annoyance we found with it.

I really enjoy the sleep I get with the Sleep Number. I do believe that’s improved. We have the one where it actually tells us how we slept through the night just with little analysis, so that’s nice. I compare that with my Fitbit’s sleeping and the Fitbit’s a little more accurate obviously because I wear it, but it’s just interesting to compare with the two. And they’re usually pretty close.

Overall, the quality, I find well. I have to learn a couple of tricks though about how the inflation of the mattress works. One thing the saleswoman touched upon was we need to inflate it up to 100 every day. I think it does that because it helps calibrate the machine. She didn’t really explain that part of it, I just assumed that it gives it like the base to work off of through the night. The IQ Sleep, where when you’re sleeping you turn over, it’ll inflate, deflate, whatever it needs to do to maintain that number, took a little bit getting used to. My wife and I both have switched that on and off to see if we could find a difference with it.

But there are different things. My wife tends to not inflate it every day, while I do typically. And she often complains about it, and I’m like, “If you don’t inflate it to 100% percent, it doesn’t know how to deal with it." So, I end up secretly inflating hers when she’s not paying attention. But overall, we’re very happy with the purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your great experience with us, Brad. Wishing you the best!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My wife has had some serious back problems, so 21 years ago, we stuck our neck out and tried a Sleep Number bed, and it worked out very well. We also put a Sleep Number bed in our camper 17 years ago but we don’t have that one anymore because we got rid of that camper. Then about a year ago when our first Sleep Number bed was 20 years old, we decided to replace it.

The guy at the Sleep Number store in Maplewood, Minnesota was very good. I’m a retired Director of Procurement, so I spent my life at sales working with sales people, and this guy was a little different but very effective. He took us around and showed us the different models, and I laid on each one and tested them. He insisted on showing us how the big king size bed allows us to tilt the bed up and down. He did a great job and we now have our third Sleep Number bed. We purchased only the bed because we already had a base and besides that, the bloody thing costs $3,500 for just a mattress. Our original bed was not even a Sleep Number. It was called a Select Comfort and it didn’t have the electronic controls and everything else. It had an air pump that was hooked up via wires and it was noisy. So, we went to a very new model that is more advanced and we did good.

Normally, I would pick the bed up myself, but I had a leg amputated three years ago, so there are a few things I haven’t learned how to do yet. I figured I’d just pay an extra and we scheduled a home delivery. The bill for home installation wasn’t all that bad and we paid it. I was at work when the crew delivered the bed and my wife said they came in, took the old mattress apart and put it in the junk pile. Then they installed the new mattress and everything was good.

This new bed is a little quieter to operate. It has some of the features that Sleep Number occasionally likes to taunt, like we can get a report on how we sleep and all that stuff. It’s great. I love the bed and my wife says her back is better because of it.

I have been intrigued by some of the new extremely high density foam beds because they tend to be very flexible, which is something that people need. But I used to sell mattresses years ago and I’m not convinced that the inner spring mattress is the right answer in the long term. I had a bit of a lawsuit five or six years ago with Select Comfort when somebody made a mistake along the line, and it had to occur at Select Comfort’s corporate offices. It caused a little bit of a credit problem for us. We got it straightened out, however, and it was all taken care of. But even though I was kinda crabby with the company for a while, I was never crabby with the product. I’d recommend the Sleep Number bed. The product is top-notch great and I can’t imagine a better bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Thomas. If you have any questions we can help with, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Once I got out of my tech training and started working full time, I got middle back pains every day or every night so I bought the cheapest Twin-size Sleep Number bed at the time. It got rid of the pain 98% of the time and I have always been able to find somewhere comfortable to be. Recently, I bought a King-size which was my third one. My girlfriend who is living with me wanted the tilting head to better alleviate her back issues. The delivery was almost perfect. They got it all set up in place and as they were going, I asked about moving it around because I needed it shifted about a foot one direction and against the wall. They said that it was delicate and I wanna be careful. The way they were linked together was just plastic and that he would do it later. But we both forgot and I was able to move it okay by myself. Other than that, it was perfect. The bed is high-quality and it should be for the price you pay for it.

I gave a previous bed to a friend of a friend and ended up having to replace the pump unit because the controller screen had gone dead. I got on the phone, got a hold of somebody, we got one chosen out and lined up all the details. I was very clear that I was paying for it and that they should bill it to one address but it needs to be shipped to another address. The order confirmation comes through a few minutes later and I saw they didn't get the address situation worked out correctly. So, I called back in, had that adjusted, it was confirmed that they’d gotten it right, and it was all done. I called in about two weeks later because I still hadn’t received it. I was told the order had been cancelled the next day for no apparent reason and they had no explanation as to why. The gentleman I was dealing with was unhelpful and all he wanted to do was help me place an order again.

Since it was an anomaly in their system, I asked them to get it there quickly instead of having to wait another two weeks for it. It was a very frustrating situation and I had no reason to believe that there was still an issue. Also, our latest unit only has one remote and I can never find it. So, I end up having to fire up the app on my phone to control the bed. I know that the air pressure is controlled with one module and the tilt is controlled with another module. So, the phone has no problem connecting to the bed to air the mattress up and down, but to tilt it, it has a very hard time and it tries to tilt the bed several times. It’s still relatively new tech but it would be helpful if they could really iron out the connection with the tilting base.

I have recommended Sleep Number before and I got my parents on it. They get small little discounts for throwing my name out. My closest friends where I live ended up buying a top-line also after I suggested it. My friend kinda hates me because he went down there with his wife, and I didn’t head them off at the pass when she went right to the most expensive bed, and that’s pretty much what they ended up with. He told me I just cost him $10,000.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Stefan. If you ever have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.by calling us at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: May 17, 2019

The Sleep Number is a great bed. If your style of sleep changes then you can easily change your number to best fit your style for that night. I can't complain about anything. If I have a problem they work fast to solve my problem and make it right.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis, which basically means I hurt everywhere. So the comfort of my bed is extremely important to me. My Sleep Number bed is like sleeping on a cloud. No more pressure points!! I LOVE my new bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so glad you're enjoying your new bed, Bridgit! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Our 2nd Sleep Number bed. The product is top of the line and so is their delivery setup dept. Wakima/Christian very prompt professional and thorough. Took great care to not bump or disturb any of my furniture or flooring. Wore shoe covers. Great info on using product. Love them and our new i10.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you had a great experience with our Home Delivery Team! We love hearing how well our technicians do, and we thank you for sharing your kudos for Wakima & Christian.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Mattress deflated was still under warranty. I contacted the company and was advise to troubleshoot the issue and use plugs issued with the purchase. Mattress still leaked. Made contact with Sleep Number and they said they would ship another mattress and it has been ten days and I still don't have an mattress. That is a long time to not have a bed to sleep on. I call on the tenth day and was told the order had been cancelled and I would have to wait seven days for the to be shipped. That would total 17 days with out a bed. The conversation was identical to the first follow up call "we will try to expedite the shipment and it should take long". I would not recommend this bed to anyone. The experience has been difficult for me to stay kind and respectful. I wish those who deal with this company better luck than I had.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Angela was outstanding. She totally knew her product and was very professional. She took the time to fully explain the product even when we showed her no intent to buy. She listened to my wife about her pain and showed her that bed actually relieved the pressure points.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I purchased a P5 after visiting the store. I was due to have surgery in the coming weeks and wanted to have some good nights sleep afterwards. Unfortunately despite me confirming my delivery date 2 days prior, it never came. Not even a phone call. I had to call the next day. Because they were not able to redeliver until right after my surgery, I canceled the entire order. I think I was more disappointed with the lack of empathy of how badly I was inconvenienced by the delivery debacle is what upset me the most. A simple “we’ll waive the delivery fee” would have certainly lessen the blow. Almost 6 months later, I am revisiting purchasing another bed.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I purchased a split king and was lied to by representative. I spent over $6000 on this bed and was told it would not separate. I asked this question several times and was told no it would not. Now here a little over a year and the bed separates every night. Customer service William (sleep#75) was all he would give me was no helpful at all if not very rude. I tried to be nice but they will not stand behind what they sell.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchased a Sleep Number mattress and a cooling pad. We got a wedge, a knee pillow, and a travel pillow as well. Their reps were good at educating us about the products. They were knowledgeable regarding their products and were able to help us figure out which item was a good fit for us. Their delivery team was very friendly too.

Though we've been somewhat disappointed with the cooling mats, we love the mattress. The mats don't seem to cool as much we were hoping. We've noticed and other folks who've gotten to sleep in our beds have also commented that the beds tend to run warm. Also, my wife who is much of a cooler person, even she gets warm in the bed. Despite this issue, everything has been great and we love our Sleep Number products. The SleepIQ app is fantastic and I really like that I can control the bed from my phone and get an idea of how well I slept. I like the usability of the app and that it gives me an idea on how well I was zoned in on my right sleep number.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am somewhat happy with my bed. It is comfortable most of the time but it's not working as it is supposed to which is horrendous for the amount of money we spent on it. Besides the fact the it was a nightmare getting a bed delivered that worked properly, when we finally got one that worked "out of the box" it doesn't even recognize that I'm in bed at least 1/3 of the nights I am in it. I turned off the Responsive Sleep feature because if the 360 Smart Bed thinks I got out of bed in the middle of the night, how responsive can it be. The base light will come on when no one gets out of bed as well.

I called and spoke with IT troubleshooting MULTIPLE time and was told "but the nights you are registering, it looks like you are getting real high numbers" and "This is not a medical product therefore we can't guarantee that it's going to work all the time". Both of those statements may be true, but I bought a product that said it had a 25 year warranty for the bed and a 2 year warranty for the SleepIQ system. We were told that the product would work properly if we didn't adjust the base...this was not told to us during the purchase process and why would you have a product not work for the system you sell and promote it for. I have not even had the bed a year and this has been happening for months. 14 days into May and the bed hasn't recognized me in it for 5 of them. I will never buy another Sleep Number Bed and regret my purchase of the one I have.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We didn't like our Tempur-Pedic anymore and when we tried Sleep Number out, we fell in love with them. We got the adjustable frame, independent split king and the mattress. I also wanted two or four inches of the fluff on the top and sheets. Milton, the sales rep we dealt with, was very knowledgeable. He was very good and it was a fantastic experience. The delivery also went really well. The team got it all set up and then told us all about it. We do have a couple of hiccups with our Sleep Number sometimes though. It won't record one of the sides of the bed. It will do the other but it won't do the one, and this has happened three times. But baselining it seems to fix it so far and other than that, I really love the bed.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I was astounded to learn that our broken modular frame was covered under our warranty! A new one is being shipped. The representative was quick to determine our problem and provided me with excellent customer service. We'll be sure to share our experience with everyone we can and help them to choose a sleep number bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Candi! I'm sorry you had some trouble with your base, but I'm so glad to hear our team was able to take care of your concerns when you reached out.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Everything was great, Dana ** was informative and attentive. Told me everything I need to know.. The only problem I had was not with Dana, but the payment process. It took nearly 20 minutes to enter a blanket into the system and pay.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm really glad you received helpful information from Dana, and I appreciate your feedback on the time it took to process your order through. I've shared your comments with our Leadership for their review.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased a Sleep Number bed back in 2016 from the Sleep Number store on Clybourn in Chicago. I'm very dissatisfied with the service starting with the installation all the way through today. The installers were supposed to be able to install the automated system on my cell phone to adjust the bed and track my sleeping patterns but they were unable to even after they returned twice. They also installed the bed incorrectly on the frame so that it is off center and they want to charge me $200 to come back and make it right. I would never do business with this company again. I suggest that no one else does the salesman's name was Dorna. the person I spoke to in service just now is Shanna.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We purchased this bed from a friend that needed to get rid of assets due to a move, it is a fairly new bed, however I just found out we cannot use the main features as your beds are not transferable. It seems odd that I can buy and sell iPhones with very personal information, which I can reset, however I was told I could not reset a bed with "sleep" information on it. This bed was originally $8000 with all the options and could not be sold.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We purchased the i10 SN Bed less than five years ago at a considerable cost and anticipated it would last us a good number of years. We recently noticed that the zipper on the upper portion of the mattress pad was broken. We contacted customer service and was told that we would have to pay $418.00 plus tax and shipping in order to replace the pad—given the defect is a manufacturer’s defect and our warranty was prorated based on the age of the bed. We expect the manufacturer to use more reliable and durable materials, including zippers that hold up. We’ve had many other issues with the bed since we purchased it—all dealing with achieving a decent comfort level. We regret purchasing the bed.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Our experience with the Sleep Number team has been great from the minute we walked in the store to delivery of our bed. Everyone has been was very helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. The bed is everything we imagined and then some. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for letting us know you're enjoying your bed. Wishing you the best, Gayle!

Original review: May 11, 2019

We bought a queen size Sleep Number seven years ago and we really enjoyed it. Then, we recently purchased a new home. It has a bigger bedroom so we wanted a king size and I wanted the one where I can elevate the head and the foot. My husband wasn't sure he would like it but after the first night, he said it was wonderful. I also purchased a comforter and pillows. I haven't been really happy with the pillows but I love the comforter. It looks down but it's a down alternative. Still, it's absolutely beautiful on the bed.

The Sleep Number sales guy, Trevor, was absolutely wonderful too. If we had any question at all, he would be right there to answer them for us. If he happened to be off that day, any of the ladies working were more than happy to help us. They have also called from the local office on several occasions to see if we were satisfied and if we had any questions or problems. We could not have had a better sales experience. The fellas who brought the bed were absolutely phenomenal too. They were extremely polite and pleasant to have around. The bed was in a million pieces when it came but they carried the pieces in and started to work and in no time, they had it put together. Everything worked beautifully. The bed is of great quality and I'm extremely pleased with it.

We have also referred a few of our friends to Sleep Number and one purchased recently. I'm also trying to get my sister and brother-in-law to buy one. Actually, around three years after we bought our first Sleep Number, my son and his wife also bought one. They still have it and are very pleased with it. We're kind of a Sleep Number family.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

Within 20 days we hated our mattress. Called today to return it. We are now stuck with $698 in fees to pay between the delivery and return. Don’t be fooled, this is not a money back guarantee. This is a scam. Like others, our mattress sags in the middle and we were told it could be fixed with different accessories. Why should such an expensive bed need to be fixed with accessories?! We had such high hopes for this bed and it’s been nothing but disappointment.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry you didn't have a better experience with your bed, Katie! It's important for all our customers to know that we offer an In Home 100 Night Trial rather than a free trial or a money back guarantee because our owners are responsible for the initial and return delivery costs. There are also several items we offer that are a final sale and are unable to be returned.

We provide our return policy on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms of sale while you were in the store, please send us a private response with your order number, and we can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Absolutely satisfying experience. The young lady was very knowledgeable with the product. She did not force my wife but listened to our wants and needs. Very refreshing. Please reach out to her and share our pleasant experience with your in store professional.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review with us, Paul. We're thrilled you had a great experience and we'll make sure your comments are passed along to your sales representative's supervisor for further review :-)

Online Customer Care

Original review: May 9, 2019

The bed is what I expected as I have several friends with Sleep Number beds. My only problem is that I was told by sales staff that my current headboard could be used with the new bed if I just purchased additional hardware. On install day I learned that wasn’t true of my headboard. So now I have none and am facing another install charge if I purchase one from the Sleep Store. The install team was great. They came when expected, were courteous and professional and took time to explain the bed’s features.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

While we're glad you're enjoying your bed, Mary, we're very sorry your headboard did not fit as expected. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and we'll make sure your experience is shared with the store leader for further review and training purposes.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Purchased this bed in 2017, it broke 3 times, corporate replaced the whole bed, and it's broken again.. Worst bed, don't buy.. I will be looking into legal action. Spoken to customer service many times, the drivers came to my house with no tools, scraped my walls.. 3 days gone by and no return call back from corporate.. Not trustworthy..

Original review: May 8, 2019

Hugo and Jose were great. Explained everything about the bed. Was very polite and professional. Need more workers like them!! I would recommend Sleep Number to everyone. I love my bed. It’s the best thing I’ve bought in a long time!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

We have had our Sleep Number bed for over 20 years. Recently a leak developed so I dropped by the store in the Clakamas Town Center mall to relate my problem. Ian helped me with information, even our old account number. He gave me a business card with the customer service number and our account number. No pressure, no sales talk, just honest help. The customer service person was just as helpful. Recommend? YES!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

Jonah **. was very knowledgeable about the Sleep Number bed that suited our needs. He made our choice easy and arranged the financing. We couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure spending time at the Longview, Texas store. We are replacing our 21 year old Sleep Number bed. I can hardly wait for delivery next week.

Original review: May 7, 2019

RUN RUN RUN!!! Yes it IS that bad. (1) Sleep Number is SOMEHOW ALLOWED to get away with blatant FALSE ADVERTISING. This is in NO WAY risk free. The base is THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS and NON-REFUNDABLE because I guess it’s “too hard” to take it back. My suggestion? Stop selling people trash. (2) This is nothing more than a ridiculously overpriced, glorified air mattress. (3) The full split is fine if you’re one of those people who can’t be touched while you sleep. If you like cuddling, however, prepare to end up in a HUGE MATTRESS CANYON every night and wake up feeling like you’ve been through a war.

(4) We got our garbage full split replaced with a half split. Our sheets that cost HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS keep tearing and, oh! How interesting that they no longer make these sheets and try to sucker you into buying a new set. (5) When they replaced our mattress, they stuck us with the old bed frame which was built for a full split. Raising the foot is impossible without tearing up the mattress and raising the head shifts the bed to one side then the other, which broke the cheap plastic trash they used to sloppily attempt to hold a couple of extremely heavy metal bases together. I have the pieces.

(6) When our mattress was FINALLY replaced, they somehow screwed it up so that my side was losing air constantly. When I decided to try and resolve this, they brushed me off. For MONTHS I was sleeping on a deflated bed and am now in extreme pain constantly. How do I know for sure it’s the bed? On vacation when I slept on an actual mattress my pain stopped almost immediately. Upon finally demanding that they replace the air chamber, I’m still in constant pain.

(7) When we took apart the bed to replace the mattress, we learned that their horrible makeshift base replacement for a $9000 bed was tearing the mattress - there was a HUGE hole in the bottom in the same area the sheets were constantly torn. (8) Their insanely priced mattress “protector” lets stuff pass, specifically tea. All I got from buying this garbage was extreme neck pain, back pain, and a whole lot of debt. The ONLY ok thing about buying this trash was that it built mine and my s/o’s credit. Don’t walk away, RUN away. SPRINT away. Just don’t buy one.

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information