Select Comfort - Sleep Number
3.89/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,243 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

7109 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Sleep number p5 - From the store customer service - finding the right bed and pillows - to the delivery guys. This is the best investment I have ever made! I have never slept this good. You get 40 beds in one! If you need it softer one night - you got it! A little firmer the next? That is also possible. This is literally the only bed you’ll ever need.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're glad you've been enjoying your new p5 mattress! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we hope you're sleeping well for years to come.

Online Customer Care

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Purchased an i8 bed/frame 10/17. Delivered bed with 3" generic foam. Nothing like the advertised proprietary Plushfit foam on display beds in Delafield and West Allis, Wisconsin nor their website. I bought the bed because of the particular foam on their display bed and their website and Youtube videos. They refuse to give me a refund so I am looking into legal action and media review. Deceptive sales of this i8 mattress and horrible customer service.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Sorry that you didn't have the experience you were hoping for with our bed and if you have any questions we can help with, just send us a message and we'll be happy to help.

Crystal P

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I love the mattress. What I didn't like is the misleading salesperson I dealt with and the fact that it cost me money. He implied that the bed came with 2 remotes. They actually expect me to run around and find the remote if it's on my husband's side. I didn't mark them down because of this because after I complained they sent me a 2nd one without charge. BUT the dual comfort mat only cools if the room is 72 or lower and only has 3 settings. We told the salesman we didn't have air and he said we could set it at any temp we wanted. No temp settings just 3 speeds and won't work for us anyway without air conditioning since it just circulates the air in the room! I found out in time and am returning it but I HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING for something I should have known and wouldn't have purchased if the salesman knew the product or was honest (whichever reason I wasn't told the whole truth). And I can't just take it back to the store.

Plus I have to take off work and drive about 12 miles to find a UPS location! The store I could go when I'm shopping and after work! The bed I would actually give a 4 if it weren't for that. Also the frame-spend the extra and get the one that glides so you are both still next to each other when one side is elevated and the other isn't. Another misleading piece of information. Said we didn't need to purchase that option if we didn't have a headboard-made no difference for the dog. When one of us is elevated and the other isn't he falls between-not just down but I can't see my husband because he's 2-3 feet back. Hard to talk-hard to explain but believe me I'd rather have spent the extra there than on the dual mat!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you sharing your concerns about our DualTemp™ Layer, and the experience you've had, Claire. We think it's important for all of our customers to know that it isn't designed to be a replacement for air conditioning or heating your home; this is because the temperature of the air circulating in the layer is dependent on your room temperature.

While I'm glad our team was able to get you another remote, I apologize for any troubles regarding our Adjustable Bases. It sounds like you're referring to our Wall-hugging feature which is an option only with our FlexFit3 Adjustable Base.

The feedback you've provided here and on Facebook is valuable to us, and we have passed along your comments to our Leadership for their review. After reviewing your file with the information you've provided here, I see you've been in contact with our managers and I hope you'll continue working with them as they'll be the best to assist you further.

If you have any questions we can help with in the meantime, let us know.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Fast friendly service on all fronts from the store to the delivery crew. Only been one night on the bed and it's very comfortable, once I get my Sleep Number nailed down I'm sure it will be the most comfortable bed I will ever own.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're glad you've had a great experience so far, Scott! If you find you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to chat in or give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have fallen in love with my bed. I have never experienced a bed this comfortable!! I have a P5 360 i7 bed. Have a blessed day!! My bed helps my back when the Sleep Number is high and my Sleep Number is 30.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks a ton for taking the time to share your review, Jacki. We're elated that you're loving your bed and getting a great nights sleep!

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Great service. She was well informed and help put the app on my phone look number. We also had her help to pick up a couple pillows. She explain that since we sleep on our sides we picked the pillow that we adjust the height.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking time to share your experience with us! We're thrilled you had a great visit when you stopped by your local store, and we hope you love your new bed & pillows.

Sleep well!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We LOVE our mattress! My wife has a Fitbit and tracks her sleep and it has been solid sleep since we bought the mattress in June. I love the dual chambers so we can have different settings and we always recommend Sleep Number when people mention they need a new mattress!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so glad you've been sleeping well with your new bed, Caleb! Thanks so much for sharing your review with us, we wish you and your wife many more restful nights to come.

Sleep well!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Sleep Number customer service and delivery are the worsest I have ever seen. We bought a C12 and the bed was torn in the middle and I tried to reach CS and no one respond for that either by email or by phone. Also, we did a mistake of ordering Sleep Number C4 for our kids and that also the delivery guys brought a different bed and they took the old mattress with them. Kids have to sleep without mattress. Sleep number is their birthday and x-mas present. SLEEP NUMBER IS A GRINCH. We have to wait for more weeks now. We really feel that we should have gone with Tempurpedic. Lesson Learned- NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SLEEP NUMBER. FOLKS- IT IS A KIND ADVICE.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry that you haven't had the great experience we strive to provide, Lakshmi! We'd love the chance to help with your concerns, just send us a private reply here with your contact phone number to begin.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I got this for my mother b/c she has severe debilitating arthritis. It's been 3 days since we set the bed up for her and she hasn't called to complain so I believe she's happy with it. Believe me, she would have called if the outcome were any different.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your review with us! We hope your mother is enjoying her new bed and is sleeping well. If there's anything we can help with down the road, don't hesitate to let us know, we're here and happy to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Tried to call to return due to more back issues with this bed. Said we had to keep it 30 days before returning. Listen. No one uses the bed. It sits unused taking up space. I want it returned ASAP to go back to our old bed. Also we were never told about the adjustable base not being returnable. Started order online. Someone called from Sleep Number and did the order for us. No store not online. Wife had failed epidurals leading to major back problems and this bed makes it worse. I understand shipping and set up fees not being returned but a base come on it’s a small metal frame. Also delivery was crap. They set it up and basically said lay on it to find your number. No tutorial at all.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear that you've decided the bed isn't the right fit for you, Jeffery, and we appreciate the feedback you've provided on your experience. If you don't recall agreeing to the terms and conditions of the 100 night trial, please send us a private reply here with your preferred contact phone number and we'd be happy to look into it further.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

From sales to delivery you guys were right on the money. Couldn't ask for better. I just hope the bed lives up to the sales and delivery. You guys got my bed to me quick. You told me how it was going to go when it was going to be here. You called to ask about me, ask about my service, I had a very good experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing the kind words, Randy. If you ever have any questions that we can help with down the road, just give us a call from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We purchased this bed at the end of October. The day they installed we called because the right side of the bed sagged greatly compared to the left side. We were assured a tech would be right back to correct. After 2 additional calls a promises to correct, no one ever showed to any of the appointments. We had to call twice to return since they don't honor their own policies, promises or simple appointments. Customer service reps couldnt care less that I've missed work multiple times to wait on no-show techs. They never offered a discount, correction or anything other than the scripted "I understand your frustration". I have never been so angry and appalled about such a lack of professional responsibility. Stay far far away!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We sincerely apologize for the experience you've had, Jolene, and I'm sorry for the frustration and inconvenience this has all caused. We strive to provide great service every step of the way and it is clear we fell short of that goal for you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and I'll pass along your comments for review.

We appreciate you giving us a try, and we wish you all the best in your search for the great sleep you deserve. If you have any questions we can help with, please send us a private reply and we'll be happy to see how we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

The delivery was schedule for a date of my convenience and the time of day 4-8 PM was also perfect. They arrived after a call made to me. Promptly a few minutes before 4. We’re prepared with all tools and parts. They focused on the Sleep Number Assembly. Completed it in a little over 1 hour, cleaned up the packaging and spent time demonstrating with me.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks a ton for sharing your review, Stephen! We're thrilled you had a great experience with our home delivery team and we hope you'll keep us updated on how you're sleeping.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Somebody from Corporate needs to call me ASAP. I have spent countless hours on the phone this week and re-arranged my schedule multiple times to try and accept your broken delivery process, and now that I finally had a schedule that works, I was just sent an email with a completely different schedule time. This process is BROKEN, and I don't want some crappy "case manager" that apparently can't do anything about it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, Jonathan, and we're so sorry you haven't had the great experience we strive to provide. We'd be happy to take a further look into this with you, just send us a private reply with your preferred contact phone number to help us get started.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We are big fans of the Sleep Number bed. I bought our first Sleep Number bed not long after we got married and we used that for nearly 30 years, and then we bought our second one. My sons also bought Sleep Number beds when they got married, and this was because of our recommendation. Recently, we purchased a little lake house and we bought three more Sleep Number beds for that house so that when people come to visit, they can sleep on a comfortable bed. Our interactions with the sales reps were excellent. We had the products shipped to the house and our experience has all been really good so we just keep buying from Sleep Number. We’ve recommended them to several other people.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Mary. I'm glad it was a great one and if you ever have any questions for us at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Professional customer service from moment we walked into the store as Amy helped us find our Sleep Numbers and helped us decide on which bed we would be most satisfied with to delivery and setup by Patrick and James who were very friendly and professional.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Amy. We're thrilled you had a great experience from purchase to delivery and we hope that you sleep well for years to come!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We purchased a Sleep Number bed and loved it very much until we started having problems with the top zip padded cover. We called 3 times and have been told it will cost almost $1000 to replace and that it is normal wear and tear. I would look at the warranty very close before purchasing because they don't stand behind the product very well. Most companies would replace the product when you call and they say it must be defective like I was told by a couple different employees.

I have serious health problems after my last cancer surgery and can't work. And the bed is causing my back problems and told that I would have to spend all this money to fix the problem. Not the kind of company I would suggest. They may have it listed in the fine print but still doesn't make it a good company to do business with. The bed was only two years old the first time I contacted the company. You expect a bed to last longer than this when you spend $2500. Was wanting to get another adjustable bed from them but won't spend even more if this is the type of warranty they have.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Pamela, we appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us, and we apologize for the troubles you've had with your mattress cover. While defects in our beds are rare, the ones that do occur are most often found and reported in the first two years of use, which is why we fully cover any replacements due to defects during that period. After those first two years, your bed is in the prorated portion of your warranty, where we're still covering a portion of the cost for your replacement, but no longer the full 100%. You can find the details of our Limited Warranty by clicking the link below:

I'd be happy to take a look at your file and learn more about your concerns to see how I can best help, please send me a private reply with the name and address your bed was initially delivered to and I'll get started.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We ordered a Sleep Number over a year ago. We had it custom set up with all the extras. My wife and I slept on this bed for 2 weeks before deciding that this was the most uncomfortable bed we had ever had. The 30 day return policy is a joke. They make you pay for the return and give you no option to take it to a store. Also they refused to take the extras back. Over a year later they are wanting us to pay over 900 dollars for 2 sets of sheets that were never opened and the Sleep Number app service as well. The true colors of their marketing tactics are as a snake in the grass. Be warned. This is a terrible product and even worse customer service. 2 years later we are still being told that we should have returned the extras, but they will not take them??? Someone please explain that logic???

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on our 100 Night In Home Trial, Josh, I'll pass along your comments to our Leadership for their review.. We think it's important for our owners to know that we advertise an In Home Trial rather than a free trial because our owners are responsible for initial and return shipping/delivery fees, and there are some items that we offer which are not able to be returned. I've included a link below to the full details:

Unfortunately as you've had your items for an extended period of time, we're unable to accept a return. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I love my bed. Worth waiting for! When I get up in the morning I don’t even have to make it. I don’t toss and turn, I just pull the blankets to smooth them out. Couple of issues with parts and WlFi but they are being worked out. Set up people were very professional. Customer service is very helpful.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Karen! We're elated that you've been getting a great nights sleep and we hope you continue to sleep well for years to come! If you find you have any questions, or if you need any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a private response. We're here and happy to help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

From the sales in the store to the scheduling to the Home Delivery Team, I've had a great experience purchasing a Sleep Number bed. The workers are professional and polite, and explain things very well. I have no complaints about my experience this far, and I'm excited to some great rest on my new bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you get a great nights sleep when your bed arrives!

Crystal P

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The salesman sold me a bed with a combination of options that Sleep Number doesn't actually offer. When the bed arrived it was not the bed I had ordered. I contacted support and they refused to offer a full refund. I feel like I was scammed. Stay away from this store and from Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience, Anton, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your review. After locating your file with the information you provided, we see that you have since worked with our case managers on a solution. If you have any additional questions or concerns that we can help with, please don't hesitate to send us a private reply here.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I cannot express how unhappy I am with this company. I was excited about this new bed. In the showroom it was great, quiet and seemed very comfortable. I assumed it was like a regular mattress with bonus benefits. Little did I know when it arrived in two boxes and I watch the two delivery men basically blow up two air mattresses and then put an egg crate on top of it and call it a day.

My husband and I both had the worst nights sleep. We heard each other moving around, it was noisy, uncomfortable and we kept waking up despite trying to sleep for 10 hours. I called to find out how I could return it and the woman told me I could not for 30 days. Then she also told me that basically it was my fault for not realizing how the bed was constructed when I informed her the delivery men were saying most folks did not realize it as well. All I want is my money back, a good nights sleep!! I am so frustrated it is beyond. I own a blow up mattress, I don't want another one.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear that you've decided the bed isn't the right for you, Claire, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We recommend sleeping on the mattress for at least 30 nights as it can take time for your body to adjust to a new bed. The 30 day policy within our 100 night trial can be found in the terms and conditions which are provided in store, in your paperwork, as well as on our website. If you have any have any additional questions about our beds or policies, please don't hesitate to give us a call from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Order and Delivery of Sleep Number iLE Sleep IQ Split King Bed - The Store experience was excellent and the delivery was professional. The sales associate followed up with multiple phone calls to ensure everything was going as planned and to confirm the delivery of the product. The product is well worth the investment.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review, Deb! We're elated you've had a great experience from start to finish and we hope you continue to sleep well for years to come. If you find you have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to chat in or give us a call.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The mattress' anchors known as shark's teeth have failed and the mattress hangs off the frame by a full 7 inches and cannot be reset. When I contacted Sleep Number customer service they acknowledged the problem and said there was nothing they could do. They said I would have to take it apart myself and referred me to their website for instructions. We spent 3,000 dollars for this bed and diy customer service. The only reason for the 2 stars is it is comfortable. The lack of any support (pun intended) from Sleep Number. Next time it's memory foam!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Bob. We're so sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your mattress and we'd love the chance to take a second look into your concerns with you. When you have a moment, please send us a private reply with your order details so we can locate your file and get started.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My husband has had two back surgeries and he was looking to try a Sleep Number bed for support and comfort over our traditional mattress/boxspring. We stopped into a new store in Bluffton, SC to try one out and decided to purchase a FlexFit adjustable bed for the 100 nights trial period. We felt for this price he wasn't feeling much difference, so we called to do a return. He was told the pump was NOT refundable! What good is the pump without the bed you ask... it's their way of trying you to keep the bed! This bed cost over $6,000 not including mattress pad and special sheets. I am extremely disappointed and feel used! This company is not out to satisfy their customers, but to keep money in their pockets. NOTE: At cost of these beds they still charge you a setup fee of over $175!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry to hear that the bed wasn't the right fit for you, Judy, and we apologize if there was any confusion about our return policy. The pump system of the bed is returnable under the 100 night trial as it is a part of the mattress. However, the FlexFit adjustable base is a final sale due to its significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms and conditions of sale while you were in the store, please send us private response with your order details and we can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We had a Sleep Number before and we like it so we got our second one. We walked in and the woman was nice as she could be. We said we needed a mattress, and my husband said, “And it’s this kind,” and we walked. She told us try and see what our Sleep Number would be. She asked if we mind lying down and we said, “No.” And then she put a thing down for us to put our feet on, so we wouldn’t have to take our shoes off. She fixed the Sleep Number, told us what it was, and we said, “Fine.” And we went over, paid for it, and got the delivery set up.

We figured out when it could be that would suit them and us. The gentlemen were supposed to be here in the afternoon and then they called in the morning asking if it would be agreeable if they came in the morning. That suited me much better by that time. I said, “Absolutely.” They told me what time they’d be here and they were within 10 minutes ahead of time. They came in, introduced themselves and took stuff apart. They took the old mattress out, brought the new mattress in, set it up, and they were out of here. It was very nice.

We’re very pleased with our new Sleep Number. We’ve had their products at home for about 12 years now. The only thing is, we’re wondering now if we should’ve looked further in the store as far as other products. We now see things advertised whereas it will automatically lower and make your head higher, etc. But we knew what we wanted, and we got it. And we plan to go back and look at the sheets that are made specifically for the mattress. Our current full and bushy sheets are a bear to get on because of the thickness of the spring.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Shirley. Wishing you the very best!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Customer service is very rude and unprofessional. You spend thousands of dollars on their products and is treated like garbage, now that they have your money. I probably will return everything and go somewhere else who respects people who spend good money and gets treated like we are nobody. Never again will I do this. This call happened at 6:22 pm on Tuesday December 05 2017. I’m still on hold and they probably waiting for me to hang up, but I will not.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry you haven't had the great experience we strive to provide, Marcus. If your concerns haven't been resolved, please send us a reply with additional information and we'd be happy to help!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I bought it a month ago, and I have been trying to returned after just 2 week of using it, the reason it is killing my back. When I tried at the store it felt so firm, but after just 2 weeks it is not firm as it was at the store. I called customer service to returned and they told me that I have to wait at least 30 days, so I called back to find out that I can only returned the mattress and not the entire package. What I supposed to do with the rest, store it at my garage. I am paying a bill of $8,300 for something that is killing my back, to me this is a FRAUD, why I cannot returned. I do not like it. It is BAD for my back. What can I do? I need help for this matter, if I have to hire a lawyer I will do it to file a suit. I just want to returned it, simple as that. I need to resolve this asap. I am having a surgery this coming Dec 8, and I cannot used my own bed to recovery. This is insane.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear about the confusion about our return policy, Francisco! We think it's important for you to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice due to their significant size and weight, which makes them difficult to ship back to our returns warehouse. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork. If you don’t recall signing your receipt to confirm you understand your terms and conditions of sale while you were in the store, please send us a private reply with your order number and contact phone number so we can get in touch with your local store to check on this for you.

We also want you to know that our adjustable bases are intentionally made to industry standard size, so as long as your next adjustable mattress is also an industry standard size, you can continue to enjoy all the features and benefits that drew you to it.

If you have any other questions about this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Everybody at Sleep Number has been very nice. The delivery was excellent. They were on time and let us know exactly when they would be here, and did exactly what they were supposed to. We had a Tempur-Pedic before and we switched to Sleep Number. We had the last Sleep Number for six or seven years and we’ve had another for a month and a half. It’s fine and they're good quality. The only problem is somebody needs to make a new bed skirt that would fit better and easier on these. I find it difficult to put the bottom sheet on when you're over 55 or 65.

We've also had trouble with our phone working the sides occasionally. Sometimes it's difficult for the phones to connect to it and do it properly. We don't have a remote with it and they told us we had to use our phones but if I wanted a remote, I could order one online. Everything's okay as far as everything else and everybody has been very nice. Whatever we've asked, they've helped us with it and been very accommodating.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Lynn! We appreciate the feedback you've provided and we'll be sure to share your comments with our leadership for review. If you find you have any a questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to give us a call from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Very pleased with the employees of this company. We very much enjoyed working with them and would recommend them to our friends and family. The demonstration at the Emeryville store was very informative and the changes that we made with the customer service department to change the mattress to be delivered wet seamlessly very pleased.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review, Mercer. We're elated that you had an enjoyable shopping experience with our Emeryville staff and that you received great service from our Customer Service teams! If there's ever anything we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here and happy to help!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information