Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
3.63/5
Based on 1,046 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 25, 2018

7456 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 25, 2018

We've had a Sleep Number for about 20 years. This is my second Sleep Number and I've had it less than a year, and I like it so far. I went in the store and the rep was very nice. The delivery guys were okay, but I had a few questions that they didn't seem to know much about. They knew how to put the bed together, but that was the extent of their knowledge.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I've been using Sleep Number for 10 years. I recently bought a full bed and we really like it. The sales rep was good. We asked a lot of questions and he gave us some answers. We were moving our previous bed to another room, and he gave us hints on how to take it apart. Delivery was on time as well. It was an all-around good experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We love the comfort of the Sleep Number bed. The first time we went into a store in Peoria, we tried the bed and really liked it. But we were not impressed at all with the way they conducted their business. And we’ve told them that. We have a friend that lives in the Quad Cities and they have a Sleep Number bed. The store was in Bettendorf, and that’s where we went, and they were wonderful. The reps took all the time that was needed to be with us and they explained things really well. We had already fallen in love with the beds and they helped us make the decision on which one we were going to get. And we also bought pillows. We’ve been very happy.

But the delivery went good and bad. The guys that came were extremely nice but after they got the bed all the way up, my husband looked down and on the side of the bed was where the name of the bed was written. He asked the guy if that was the name of the bed that we purchased because what was written there was different. Apparently, the delivery guy had multiple deliveries and he brought in and set up someone else’s bed which was lower in quality. The bed that we purchased was very nice. They come in in pieces and they have to blow up tubes in these beds. So, when they come in there in a box, one would think how that is gonna turn into a bed.

The guy took the wrong bed out as a full-blown mattress and he got our bed going. He was a little shook and pretty upset at that time so when I was asking him some final questions, he gave me some incorrect information. But had I been the next guy that was gonna get that bed and they brought it in that way, I wouldn’t have taken it. But the delivery turned out fine for us. It was just a fiasco and it was kind of funny. And we’ve told them that so they were well aware of that. Also, because we are in the Illinois division and we bought the bed in Iowa, it was delivered by the Illinois division out of Peoria, the same place we had problems with.

Original review: May 22, 2018

i8 360 Smart Bed - My experience was with a very knowledgeable, friendly salesperson who showed us and explained every mattress in the store to us. She guided us to the proper mattress for our needs and wants. We have since considered the purchase of this mattress even though it is quite expensive.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I was willing to pay $7000 to get a good night sleep. I thought I was reassured of a good investment because 100 day warranty that Sleep Number so prominently advertise and speak about at their location. The truth of the matter is that I was disappointed on both counts. Not only did the bed not live to expectations (as I consistently woke up with lower back pain), but attempting to return the bed was even more painful. What was sold as a complete bed now, all of a sudden, the bed and the base are separate! They will accept the uncomfortable bed back, but after they let you know it will be more than a $200 charge to you! What about the base, you ask? They don’t accept the base back! That’s right, the $3000+ base you thought was part of the 100 warranty...it’s NOT! Unless you have a need for a base (adjustable or otherwise), you just lose that investment, In fairness to Sleep Number, I listened more than I read!

I listened to the commercials brag about their 100 day warranty. I listen to the salesman tell me that if I was not satisfied for any reason, I had 100 days to return it. I guess I should have known that the contract stated the base of the bed could not be returned. I guess I should have known that I was not purchasing one single item but instead two completely different items. I guess next time I purchase a TV, I will make sure I can return the TV and the remote control. Or when I purchase a pair of shoes, I can return the right and left shoe. My advice to you, if you are thinking about purchasing a Sleep Number, you better pray you love it. If not, you will lose more than time and sleep. YOU WILL LOSE MONEY! P.S. A manager did agree to take the base back...for a $500 restocking fee!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I've had sleep apnea issues and my husband's had back issues. A friend of ours works for a Sleep Number store, so we're able to get his friends and family discount. He met us at our house 'cause he was in town for the weekend, and it went great. I also visited one of the stores to get fitted, and it was good. We tried the bed out and he ordered it for us. We also got the mattress protector and sheet. The delivery was good, though I wish I had paid a little more attention or been involved in the process. We're going to move and my husband's very handy, but I'm afraid that we might not get the bed up right.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We’ve had Sleep Number beds for quite a few years. We bought a second one when we moved here six years ago, and we bought a new one to replace our old bed which was a California water bed. We’ve been happy with it, and we’ve had guests come and stay with us and they went off and bought Sleep Numbers. My sister was the one that got us started and between our family, we probably have about eight to 10 beds. The last bed we purchased was up at the Florida Mall, and the reps were fantastic. Everything came in as expected. I got a coupon for pillows because we had referred somebody and we happened to be in Naples, Florida. There was a Sleep Number there and the woman that helped us with our pillows was fantastic too. Delivery was great as well.

With our first bed which goes way back, we had a problem with mold growing underneath and that was totally handled by Sleep Number, and we were satisfied with the way that was resolved. And when we lived up north, we had the bed warmer which was lovely up there, and I’ve now passed it on to my nephew who lives in New Hampshire ‘cause he’ll need it. We live in Florida, so we don’t need it anymore. It’s such a good product that we don’t really get rid of it, we just keep passing it around.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review and for recommending our beds to others, Lynn! It always makes our day to hear our owners share how much they're enjoying their beds :-)

Original review: May 20, 2018

All the sales staff was friendly, our salesman Ben was so informative and friendly, helped us with everything... My son tried out all the beds too. There is absolutely nothing bad to say. They were great!! No pressure to buy anything that we didn't want.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

That's wonderful to hear, Tammie! It always makes our day to hear when our Sales Professionals have provided wonderful service and we appreciate you taking the time to share.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Our first SN bed was a queen C4 that we purchased about 16 years ago. At the time the master bedroom in the house we lived in would not accommodate a king size bed. We were just sick of paying a lot of money for mattresses that would break down in just a few years, so we decided to go with the SN bed. What a great decision! We were very happy with the bed, so when we moved to the new house we bought 11 years we ordered a king size bed and have been just as happy. We still have the queen in our spare room, and have had people rave about the comfort when they have stayed with us. Now, we are buying our 3rd SN bed, for the vacation home we are buying! Once we have it and have tried it out I will write a review on it. I have no doubt we will love it as much as we have our other ones.

Original review: May 20, 2018

We had a Sleep Number bed before and we wanted to try where the head and legs come up so we bought a new one. The sales rep took care of what we needed then it was delivered. The new bed is soft and it is pretty much the same as the previous one. I have only had one occasion when I felt I needed to raise the head a little bit because of congestion. But the bed did the job and I'm glad that I’ve only had to do it once. I am very happy with being able to adjust the bed's firmness, but being able to raise the head and legs is probably more than what most people need.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and feedback, Carol. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Online Customer Care

Original review: May 18, 2018

This bed (King p6), in theory, is great. The fact that you can control the firmness level of each side separately is a great idea, until it doesn't work. As long as we've had the bed, which has been 7 months, it has had a slow leak on one side and so does not stay firm. When we first called customer service they told us to take the bed apart and switch the equipment around. This did not resolve the issue so we called again. Customer service then told us that we've had the bed for a long time (7 months!) and we need to buy a replacement air mattress! It wasn't until we asked for a manager that they decided that they would try to help us by sending someone out to look at the bed. This is unacceptable service for how much we spent. We are ready to throw in the towel and get a different bed just so we don't have to deal with the headache of dealing with this terrible company. Don't waste your money on a Sleep Number bed!

Original review: May 17, 2018

We have had a Queen Sleep Number bed for 15 years and have been completely satisfied with its comfort and durability. We have often kept in contact with the store and have always been impressed with the staff's professionalism and product knowledge. We were never pressured and an upgrade to a King was a no brainer. We were well informed and received excellent service from store staff to delivery people a bed that meets our needs and expectations.

Original review: May 17, 2018

In the middle of the night, without warning, after two years of operating just fine, my $10,000 bed stopped communicating with your server. At midnight in Idaho no one answers your phone. AND, your product cannot be reset without access. I had back surgery three days ago. Now the bed does nothing but cause me pain because it's FLAT and not Zero-G. Very unhappy customer. Will spend my time tonight on social media filling the airwaves about your product's crappy performance. Hope I cost you a hundred sales.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
I appreciate you taking time to share your feedback with us, Jim. Our Customer Service is available 8AM-8PM CST M-F, 8:30AM-5PM CST Saturday on the phones, and 7AM-11PM CST seven days a week on Live Chat, so we apologize that we were not able to assist you last night. We'd love to have the chance to review your concerns and get this resolved, please call or chat with us to get started.
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought the i8 bed and had hoped that it would alleviate back pain, but it hasn't. I called to ask about returning the bed and was told that extra foam and a gel pad and pillow top could be sent to me at no cost in order to see if the additional padding was helpful. Unfortunately it was not. I called again to inquire about returning the bed. Here is where it gets shady. I was specifically told by the salesperson that the only cost to me to try the bed would be the $199 delivery fee that I opted for. But here's the real charges. Either pay $29 per box label PLUS the shipping fee to return OR pay $199 for techs to come and remove the bed. And those free gifts of foam and a gel topper that I didn't even ask for in the first place, I have to pay to return them or get charged $499 for them. Let me reiterate I was told they were absolutely free and when the gel topper tore I threw it away.

Now I'm left to pay for something I didn't want and $199 minimum for returning a bed that I was assured would be free to try. Andy at the Virginia Beach, VA store you are shameless and flat out lied to me and my husband. Other issues with the bed include the pump not working properly and once the extra foam was installed it left a gap at the head of the bed that had to be filled with a rolled towel in order to keep it from eating my pillow and leaving me with neck strain. Overall I am not impressed and feel like I have been shaken down.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry to hear that the bed didn't work out for you, April. We want you to know we advertise an In Home Trial rather than a free trial specifically because our owners are responsible for shipping costs should they decide their beds aren't a fit for them. This information is provided on the receipt we ask you to sign when completing your order so it should of been included in your paperwork. If you don't recall signing your receipt, please send us a private response here with your order details and we'll be happy to check in with your local store for you.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We had a Sleep Number bed in our motor home and we liked it. So when we needed a new mattress, we decided to go with Sleep Number in the house. Everybody was very helpful and nice at the Ganz Store. We scheduled home delivery and the team was great. We bought the base and the mattress a year ago and we love the bed. Each person can have their side set the way they like it and it's very comfortable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Pam! I'm so glad you had a good visit with our team when you ordered your new bed, and with our delivery team.

Sleep well!
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2018

I just wanted to warn all potential Sleep Number customers of a very bad customer service experience we had with ordering a Sleep Number bed frame. If you decide to get one, proceed with caution. TL:DR version – By the time it’s all said and done, I will have missed four days of work – unpaid - to have it delivered and set up, and it’s still not right. I gave up and told them to come pick it up and refund my money. We are going to buy a different frame, as their frame was simply not worth the trouble.

Long version: Ordered the frame, took 6+ weeks to get it. Took off work to have frame delivered. They forgot to send the hardware package. Said it would take 3-5 days to get the hardware and 3-5 days to reschedule. Escalated the issue and they had the screw package overnighted. Took off work to have frame installed. Screw package was sent to the wrong address, and also received a call stating the driver was in a car accident the night before and they were unable to make my appointment anyway. Expressed my sympathies and asked to have another driver sent. Was told only one driver works this area (note that I’m in an area that has close to ~2M population). Was also told this was the only driver in the area and he works 12+ hour days. I said that’s probably why he was in an accident (overworked).

Rescheduled for today (5/15). Hardware package shows up Monday (yesterday). Took off work to have the frame installed today. 3rd day off. Dispatch called; stated the driver “had an emergency” and can’t make it today… someone will call me back. Escalated and said if they can’t make it today, come pick up the frame. Was offered ~17% off the frame, and free bedding. Declined offer, as 17% doesn’t even come close to compensating me for my missed time at work. Made an appointment to have the frame picked up. This will be my 4th missed day of work.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We can't apologize enough for the trouble that occurred with your delivery, Mike, and that this experience resulted in you returning your order. This definitely isn't the great experience we strive to provide for our customers and we will be forwarding your comments along to our leadership teams so that they can look into ways to improve our delivery processes in the near future.

Original review: May 14, 2018

It was perfect. They worked very hard and were very polite--and neat! We are old - 83 and 81 and Daniel explained the whole process as he was setting up, and then he made sure we knew how to control the bed, and who to call if we had any problems. We give them A+ - you should give them a pay raise.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to offer your review, Patricia :-) Rest your best!

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: May 14, 2018

I got a Sleep Number because my brothers each had one. We have one for at least 15 years and decided to get a second one. We recently bought a queen-size bed from them and the delivery went very well. They set everything up and took the old one back. I'm very happy with the quality of the bed and I'm anticipating getting either the head raiser and/or the foot raiser. I would recommend Sleep Number. In fact, I've already recommended it to my nephew in Colorado.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your review and recommendation, Edie! We're elated to have you and your family as fans of our beds :-)

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2018

We purchased a Sleep Number Bed in 2004 and were happy with it until we discovered mold between the memory foam and the cover for the airbag. Obviously the mattress was sweating and unable to breathe, which caused moisture to accumulate and thus the mold. Although we have a 20 year warranty on it, we need to pay a large amount to ship it back to Sleep Number in order for the warranty to cover it, and even then the warranty is pro-rated. We looked online and saw many postings that many others also had this problem with their Sleep Number Bed. We NEVER want another Sleep Number bed as we don't want to take the risk that it will also end up with mold! I could NEVER recommend that anyone purchase a Sleep Number bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us, Sandi. We think it’s important to know that while situations like this are rare, mold can affect any upholstered product under certain conditions. Sleep Number is one of the industry leaders in using treatments that prevent the growth of mold or mildew in our products, and we’re happy to say that we've had no confirmed cases of mold in any Sleep Number® bed manufactured in or after 2005. We stand behind the quality of our products and we invite you to give us a call at 1-800-451-6340 if you haven’t disposed of your bed yet so we can help troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I had a very pleasant experience at my local Sleep Number store. The sales professional took plenty of time to help me understand all of my options and explain to me how to use the remote and what the implications of each bed were in terms of pros/cons. He never pressured me at anytime to make a purchase.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your review, Jeff. It always makes our day to hear when our Sale Professionals have wonderful service!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My husband and I could not be more happy with both the purchase experience at the Glendora California store as well as the delivery that took place this week. We will most definitely be recommending the store and the bed to others! Best sleep we’ve ever had.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We walked into a store on our way back from a trip to Wisconsin and decided to buy a Sleep Number bed. We got to try out the bed and that was what sold us on it. The home delivery service was great. Both my husband and I like the overall quality of the bed. We have this king-size bed and we have that halfway split. So, he can do his thing and I can do mine. We sleep better than we have in years. We've been married 25 years and half the time, my husband slept in the basement because he couldn't get comfortable. But the Sleep Number bed very comfortable and it has been a game changer for us. We've already recommended Sleep Number to a couple of friends.

Original review: May 11, 2018

DON'T PURCHASE FROM SLEEP NUMBER! Crew broke our bed frame March 17, 2018. Filed a claim with Sleep Number and it is still unresolved. After that we discovered the damage to the base, yes black plastic. Replacement base delivered and set up today, ok only part way set up, still can't use our Sleep Number bed. $3,300.00 for mattress padding with two air mattresses, smaller than a crib mattress, and a black plastic base. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, Patricia, and we're so sorry for the trouble you've experienced. We'd like the chance to review your file further to see how we can best help. When you have a moment, please send us a private response with your order details and your preferred contact phone number.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We've passed in the store of Montgomery Mulholland Bethesda, Maryland and tested one Sleep Number bed for 10 minutes and thought buying one would be a good idea. We also have friends who have and like Sleep Number. The sales rep was very helpful, knowledgeable and instructive and the delivery was smooth as it could be. We have the bed since January 2017 and we like it a lot. We have the type of bed where the two tops of the beds could rise independently of each other. However, we had two sets of sheets and they both tore at the exact same place, where the sheet fit. W. We were advised that they have different levels of the sheets and they were having a lot of problems with the ones we've gotten. When we took the sheets back three weeks ago, Sleep Number replaced them immediately without any hassle and as nice as they could be about it. We're happy with Sleep Number and would recommend them to a friend.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Gerald. Wishing you the very best!

Charles M.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: May 10, 2018

To make a long story short. We wanted a Cal. King four poster bed frame and a Sleep Number mattress to go into the bed. We ordered the mattress in Dec 2017 and it was delivered and set up on the 22nd (the setup took less than 10min). We did not have the bed frame yet, we didn't find one we liked for a month or two and then it took a while to get it. We final had our new Cal. King four post bed delivered on April 8th 2018. We set the bed up and it looked great, we then tried to put the mattress on the bed, well it didn't fit. It was too wide and it was too short for the bed frame.

We naturally thought it was the bed frame, well it wasn't, in December when we went to the Tysons Corner Sleep Number store in Virginia, requested if a Cal. King P6 mattress was an option, we were told yes so we paid for it then and there. The sales people were a little perplexed at the Cal. King requested but assured us that we could get it, it might just take a little longer. So instead of ordering a Cal. King they ordered just a King, and it is not obvious by all the order codes on the paperwork what we ordered so we didn't catch it. When the mattress was delivered and set up, there is no tag that says what size mattress you have, so we didn't catch it there either. We did catch it when we tried to put a King mattress on a Cal. King bed frame but customer service says it's past the first 100 days so they will not fix the problem.

We recommend anyone doing business with Sleep Number check what your order and have the sales person write specifically what you order in plain English on the order form, because they will sell you something in stock vs. what you want if they think you won't notice or don't know any better. One last thought, my wife had issues with sales and customer service, she felt like they were treating her like she was dumb and didn't know anything, I also witness this when I talked to them. It might be isolated, but worth mentioning.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're so sorry to hear that there was an error with your order, Kelly. We put the mattress size and model under the item description on the invoice we provide you at purchase and we apologize if it was not made clearer. We want you to know that your feedback is important to us and we'll be sure to share the details of your experience with the store manager as well as our leadership for review.

Original review: May 10, 2018

On Feb 1, 2018 My husband and I went to Sleep Number bed store in Santa Rosa, California. Checking out their latest beds we were informed by the sales rep that we had 100 days free trial... not once were we told that the bed frame was not part of the free trial and could not be returned and was a separate sale item... After checking the beds out we went back the next day to make a purchase. At that time I asked the rep, "Have we been told everything we needed to know? The information and all the Fine Print was very difficult to read." Her reply was, "Yes"...

We live approximately two hours away from the store. After returning home couple days later we received information on the sale and on the bed... At that time we realized we were going to be stuck with a $3000 frame if we didn’t like the bed... The bed was not suitable for my husband’s needs. We have returned it and feel like we were taken advantage of... The sales rep at the store fraudulently represented the free trial on the bed... Even if SLEEP NUMBER bed might be good for someone else but we will never recommend it. We consider their policies as fraudulent.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We sincerely apologize you haven't had the experience you were hoping for with your bed, Darlene. While we can't speak to what may or may not have happened during your store visit, we find that by putting information about our return policies on your receipt, on the register, and on our website it gives our owners many forms to review this information. We think it's important for you to know that all of our adjustable bases are made to industry standard size, so as long as your next bed is also of industry standard size, you can continue to use the features that initially drew you to it.

If you have any other questions or concerns we can assist with at any time in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Online Customer Care

Original review: May 9, 2018

Last bed I will ever buy! This bad boy will take me to the rest of my life with the best sleep around! Even my 3 dogs love the new larger bed, and the shih tzu is in love with the foot warmer! Scored a 92 on my sleep quality last night!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your review, Arlynn! We're so happy you and your family are sleeping well with your new bed :-)

If you find you have any questions for us in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at the contact information below:

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa from 7 AM to 11 PM CST

Phone: 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Online Customer Care

Original review: May 7, 2018

We have three Sleep Number beds now. Our most recent purchase was last year and we knew what we wanted before we went into the store. We wanted to get the Flex 2 with the ability to adjust up and down. Also, we changed to a king size and my wife and I now no longer have to worry about waking each other up all the time when one of us rolls over. The overall quality of the beds has been really good. One of our previous ones had a mold problem and it was replaced. We were asked to check the mattress for mold in a particular spot and if it had mold, it would be replaced.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Comfortable bed. Friendly staff. But questionable product. Wasn't told mattresses separate 2-4 inches down the middle. Didn't send someone out to fix it, but sent us a replacement cover and told us to disassemble and fix it ourselves. Adjustable frame stopped working after 3 months. No company support. Passed the buck back to us. Told us to chase down replacement module from Sleep Number vendor. REALLY??? For a bed that costs close to $5000 I would have hoped for much better customer support and service - especially since problems started showing up in the first few months!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, and we apologize for the troubles you've had. Please send us a private reply with your information & some details on what you're experiencing so we can see how we're able to assist you.

Original review: May 6, 2018

My old Sleep Number bed that I used for more than 10 years was worn out so I got a new one. When I went up there to buy the bed they explained everything to me very thoroughly. The delivery team was also wonderful.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Frank! We're thrilled you've had an excellent experience from start to finish and we hope you're getting a fantastic night's sleep with your new bed.

Online Customer Care

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information