Sleep Number

• 2 stars78
  • 1 stars419
    26%

www.sleepnumber.com

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm glad we could help, Phyllis! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and if you ever have any questions or concerns for us in the future, please just let us know.

Sleep well!

Original review: June 18, 2016

I wish I hadn't put this off so long to order. I assumed it would be a long, drawn out experience and took less than 10 minutes. I managed to cut my first live chat off and figured I would have to start over. I was picked up by Alia and the order was picked up where Chris and I left off and off we went! Thanks to you both!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We're glad you love it, Mike! Thanks so much for choosing the Sleep Number® bed.

Original review: June 18, 2016

We heard really good things about Sleep Number and our mattress was about 10 years old. So, it was time to make a change and we decided to give Sleep Number a shot. We love the overall quality. The sales professionals were very informative, took their time, made sure we had all of our questions answered, and everything they said that was gonna happen came through. It was delivered faster than what we had anticipated and the delivery team was fantastic. We're overall very pleased with it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for the shout out, Dorreen :-) Keep up the great sleep!

Online Customer Care

Original review: July 21, 2016

Very pleased with the product.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Charlotte! Sleep well, and if there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please just let us know.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/SNChat

Original review: July 20, 2016

I had made up my mind before I went to the store. My experience was good.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, William. I'm very sorry you're not sleeping well and I'd really like to help you get back on the track of better sleep. Simply send us a Private Message with your full name and shipping address so I can find your file and look into a comfort solution for you right away.

Original review: July 20, 2016

Always heard Sleep Number beds were great so went and bought one in Ocala Fl. No complaint with quality but worse bed I have ever sleep on. They sent me an upgraded pad that was no help and give them credit for effort, but I now believe they were killing time to get me past the 100 day return policy so I wouldn't return the bed and I fell for it. We have tried every setting it has and as they told us but no help. Don't know where they get all those good reviews but don't believe them, must be self posted because I have since talked to several bed owners that feel the same as we do. Just another air bed like we bought at WM to use for grand kids when they visit. Spent a lot of money and still need a bed so buyer beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry this experience hasn't been what you'd hoped for, Jeffrey. I'd be happy to take a second look at this for you, just send me a reply with your order and contact information and I'll get started as soon as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Online Customer Care

Original review: July 19, 2016

I purchased a Sleep Number factory outlet 5000 mattress over the phone because I was denied regular credit line. A sleep number rep called and informed me of another credit option which was done over the phone and approved. He recommended this bed and informed me it was all sales final. I agreed having high expectations from Sleep Number and Select Comfort. I went online to view the mattress because it was not in the stores. My mattress was delivered and was not the same as the one in the online ad that I saw. I went back online to compare what I received with what was advertised and found that my mattress was more than 2 inches less in thickness, not the same color and missing a section of mattress according to the design.

I called customer service and was asked to email them a picture. I did. She called back and told me it was the right mattress even though it did not look the same, and a 2-inch variance in size was acceptable. Also the foundation that I received did not match the item number on my invoice. It came in 2 boxes with 2 different customer names and addresses. I was repeatedly told all sales are final and after she hung up with an attitude she called back and offered me a 1.5 inch foam pad. I understand all sales are final but that does not mean you can send whatever you like and I am stuck with it. I should receive what I ordered.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, John! I'm glad we were able to provide you with the great service we strive to give our customers. Sleep well, and if there's ever anything else we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Live Chat: bit.ly/SleepNumberChat

Original review: July 18, 2016

Young lady I spoke with originally was very knowledgeable and helpful. She left notes so when I called back later that day, the guy I spoke with was able to follow her notes left on the account and complete the transaction process efficiently and quickly.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm really sorry this experience hasn't been what you'd hoped for, Boyd. I'd like to have a chance to look into this so I can see how we can help make this right. Please send me a reply with your full name and shipping address on file and I'll get to work right away.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Original review: July 18, 2016

A month ago one side of the bed stopped holding air. Although all components of the bed are under warranty, the company requires the owner to do all trouble shooting. After two weeks of trying different things and being on the phone with their customer service for hours, they finally sent a replacement Dual Control. That was two weeks of sleeping on a deflated mattress unless I woke up to pump it back up. I had to install myself and find directions for install and set up (were not included in the box). The first night, the new unit would not allow any adjustment to one side, and the issue continues.

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone again, and again they expect that I will troubleshoot it for a few days and continue to call them before they decide on a solution, as well as take the time to return the defective Dual Pump from last week. In order to get onsite support to trouble shoot and fix the issue, they want to charge me $179. This is not the experience I expected when I bought a $4300 bed, and between the problems, the lack of technical support and the poor customer service. I would not recommend Sleep Number to anyone I know. How you can sell a product that is supposedly top of the line and not back it up with onsite technical assistance is beyond me.

Factual basis uncertain

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Nicholas, I understand you didn't have the experience with your bed you were hoping for, and I apologize we weren't able to provide solutions to this that worked for you. Out of fairness to all of our owners, we're not able to make any exceptions to our policies, which we offer on our website, at the counter in our stores, and right on the receipt we ask you to read, sign and initial at the time of purchase. If you don't recall being provided with that information, please reply here with the name and address on your original order and I can check with your local store on this.

I hope to talk with you soon.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I wouldn't recommend doing business with this company. Their sales staff incessantly touts the company's "25 year warranty". The problem is, that's a gross mischaracterization of their warranty. The real warranty is only two years; after that it becomes a prorated warranty to the point that after a few years it is nearly worthless. The expense of the bed seems more reasonable when they say "25 year warranty" but an honest evaluation of said warranty illustrates how they are burying details in the fine print that severely restrict its utility. The bed was, for my wife and I, very uncomfortable. We have both have had back pain since sleeping in it and have tried a host of different settings to no avail. For a $4,000 bed that is unacceptable.

Their return policy is archaic for the industry. They claim a "100 day return policy" but again the reality doesn't match up with that claim. For one, you -must- keep the mattress for at least 30 days. They will not, under any circumstances, allow you to set up a return before the first 30 days. That isn't too bad, other companies have the same policy. However, they charge you for returning it. Having them come pick it up runs ~$180 and taking it apart and shipping it to them costs about $100.

Most companies these days just get the mattress and don't charge you anything. Not so with Sleep Number; they will charge you for delivery and pick-up in the return process so you'll be out at least $100 And possibly as much as $360 if you have them set it up and take it away for you. That is hardly a "worry free return policy" as they like to claim. This bed is a pain to set up and take apart. If you plan on moving in ~10 years that alone is reason enough to consider another mattress.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us, Jenniel. I'm sorry you weren't enjoying your bed while you had it. While we find our beds are a great match for many of our owners, we understand they won't be a perfect fit for everyone. That's why we offer our 100 night in home trial on our core models so our customers have the chance to try out the mattress in the comfort of their homes and return them for a refund less shipping costs. We offer several return shipping options in the event that our owners don't love their beds, including sending prepaid shipping labels for $29.99 each or using a shipper of their choice so that they can better control their level of investment.

I really appreciate you giving our beds a try and I wish you the best in your search for a great night's sleep. If you ever have any questions or concerns I can assist with in the future, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/SleepNumberChat

Jamie S

Original review: July 18, 2016

The Sleep Number bed is probably a great bed for many people, but it wasn't for me. I have lower back pain and the way the bed works made my back hurt worse (I tried for about 60 nights). My issue was with the information I was told in the store versus the fine print. I was told by the saleswoman inside the store that the total for me trying the Sleep Number would be the shipping costs to me. I confirmed a second time and had my friend also come over and listen to the answer.

Well, once I got into reading the contract and online, that wasn't true--you have to pay for the shipping TO you, the setup (which is optional and I didn't pay for it) and the shipping RETURN, so you are paying shipping twice, which was just over $209. So, to try a Sleep Number bed, plan on paying about $200+ for your 100-night trial. I understand it was my error for not reading the fine print better--I just believed the salesperson. And like other reviewers, the Sleep IQ doesn't work well. My time is off despite double-checking the timezone and clock (it was off by about 2 hours for MST), and the IQ is inaccurate (it noted a high IQ number when I slept terrible, and vice versa), and it noted out of bed when I wasn't.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for being a long time fan, Patrice! it always makes our day to hear from our owners who've been enjoying their beds for years, and we hope you keep sleeping well for years to come! If you ever have any questions, we're here and happy to help.

Keep up the great sleep!

Online Customer Care

Original review: July 17, 2016

Purchased our sleep number bed approximately 15 years ago. We love it. When I am away from home I can really feel the difference not only in the comfort of the mattress but in the mornings my back and hips do not ache. I recommend this bed to everyone I know. You will never convince me any other mattress will ever be as soothing.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi Peggy. I apologize again for this experience not being what you'd hoped for, but we do need our customers to know that we intentionally manufacture our beds to be easy to service in the event our owners do have any trouble. This way, we can walk them through some quick troubleshooting steps and get them back to sleeping comfortably as quickly as possible. Often this takes much less time than it would to schedule a visit for a technician, however we do have the option to send out a tech to check on the problem for you, but there will normally be a fee attached to this service. If you'd like me to take another look at this for you, just send me a reply with your full name and shipping address on file and I'll pull up your account to get started as soon as possible.

Original review: July 16, 2016

We had a problem with our split king not holding air on one side. It was still under warranty but we had to diagnose the problem so they would know what part was needed for the repair. We got a split king because of physical problems shared by my husband and I. We could not get down on the floor and diagnose the problem! Therefore, we had to pay $192.00 for a tech to come out to diagnose the problem. My husband had to then call for the part. Guess what? We also have to pay to have it installed or do it ourselves. Not a bed for the elderly or people with limited mobility!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sorry you've had some trouble with your bed, Sally, and for your service experience not being what you'd hoped for. I'd like to take another look at this so I can be sure to loop in our Leadership on the details of these interactions. Please send me a reply with the name and shipping address for your account and I'll get to work as soon as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The bed was great until we need to order parts and not just once. I have had to order parts maybe 5-6 times. Mind you we had to pay for the parts but I have had to deal with the mind games and rudeness more than once. Really not worth the bs we have put up with.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm sorry this experience hasn't been quite what you'd hoped for, Teresa. It's important for our customers to know that defects in our beds are rare, but the ones that do occur most often pop up within the first two years of use. That's why we fully cover the cost of any replacement parts due to defects within that period, and provide prorated coverage thereafter. I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, and I'd like you to know that I've made sure to pass along your feedback to our Leadership for their review. If there's ever anything else we can help with in the future, please just let us know.

Online Customer Care

Original review: July 14, 2016

The foam rubber in the mattress that encases the individual chambers had broke down, torn apart and lost its strength as well as the toppers that lay on top of the chambers. We knew the bed had lost support but didn't know why. When we called Sleep Number the agent had me to unzip the mattress cover and take a look at the foam, that's when the real problem was discovered. Since it had been over 2 years, we got a prorate of 68 % for replacement, which cost us a little over $100.00. The warranty for 20 years covers the base and the mattress but not the foam that goes in and around the mattress chambers that are all inside the zipped up mattress. That is not quite right to me!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know you've had a great experience, Lanette:-) Keep up the great sleep!

Original review: July 13, 2016

From the time we walked into the McKinney store to the delivery of our bed, the customer service was excellent. Everyone we talked to was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. No pushy sales... just great service.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm really sorry this experience hasn't been what you'd hoped for, Jack, and I'd like to see how I can help. Please send me a reply with your order and contact information and I'll start exploring some solutions for you right away.

Looking forward to working with you soon.

Original review: July 13, 2016

We've had a Sleep Number before and loved it. It was a more basic model that did everything well. After leaving it behind when we moved to Arizona upon returning to PA we tried to use the mattress we purchased in Arizona but it just didn't cut it. We went to the Scranton Sleep Number store and purchased an i10 with all the bells and whistles. Cost was over 12K for a split king with adjustable bases, "Sleep IQ" and "Dual Temp" as well as massage.

Bed was delivered promptly. Set up people were rushed as they were behind. They put the cooling system, a 1.7K option UNDER the mattress pad which was wrong. We had to fix that later ourselves. Speaking of the cooling system "Dual Temp" is not worth the money. It is noisy, the cooling is anemic, even on high, and the pad moves. As well, we've had problems maintaining connection on one side even though plugged in. The connector on the unit does not lock but even if fully inserted we get a connectivity error at times.

SleepIQ is ridiculous. It is supposed to tell you how well you slept and help you adjust the bed accordingly but even when I feel that I've slept well the system gives me an IQ number that makes it seem that I was awake all night, tossing and turning. My FitBit is a far better indicator of restful sleep. As well, we've had to reset the bed several times because it insists my wife is in bed when she is not.

The split king is not the best choice. There is a chasm in the middle and we really don't use the adjustable bases radically enough to justify them. As well, Sleep Number pushes their sheets when in reality you can obtain the same or better quality for less at a good department store. We've found that using totally separate long bottom and top sheets and blankets works best for comfort with a single spread to make things look nice when the bed is made. All-in-all we could have purchase a far less expensive model, had the same comfort and saved over half the price.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing this with us, Amanda! I'm so glad you had such a great in-store experience, and we can't wait for you to experience the great sleep you'll get with one of our beds! If there's anything we can help with along the way, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Live Chat: bit.ly/SleepNumberChat

Original review: July 12, 2016

I recently opted in part of a Smiley mission to visit a Sleep Number store. I had never been to one of the stores and was blown away. The set up was simply amazing and the store was so clean. I received immediate assistance from some of the friendliest customer service I have ever encountered. They were very informative and polite. My husband and I are now shopping around for our very own Sleep Number bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing this with us, Karen! I'm so glad you've had such a great experience, and that you're loving the great sleep you're getting with your new bed. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please just let us know.

Keep up the wonderful rest!

Original review: July 12, 2016

After years of sleeping on other types of premium mattresses, we decided it was time to try the BEST! The whole process of learning about these beds was actually fun. It only took a few minutes to fall in love with these beds. Thanks to Deb, our new friend, who made everything painless!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing this with us, Cynthia. I'm glad our agents were able to help resolve the shipping concerns you mentioned, and that you're sleeping comfortably. If you ever have any other questions or concerns, please just let me know.
Live Chat: http://bit.ly/SleepNumberChat

Email: customerservice@selectcomfort.com

Original review: July 10, 2016

My parents had a Sleep Number bed and we loved it, and we were looking for a new bed, so I decided to try it. I got the base, the mattress, and a pillow top. I'm living two hours away from the nearest Sleep Number showroom, so I was trying to figure out how to get the bed there. I wasn't available to actually go into the showroom, so the salesgirl spent a great deal of time on the phone with me, and she was absolutely fabulous.

I had my purchase shipped to me, and that was the only thing that got messed up. We had some scheduling shipping issue, but the girl at the store was on top of it and did a great job. They got a brand new computer system in, and it was a little bit buggy at the beginning, so there was a bit of a mix-up and the computer system didn't register the proper shipping date. But they were absolutely fantastic about trying to help and do everything they could to get the problem fixed. I'm happy with the quality of my Sleep Number purchase. It's a bit overpriced for what the customer gets, but everybody was very helpful, so I don't have any complaints. Our experience with them was excellent.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing, Valerie! We really appreciate you trusting us with your sleep and we're glad you're enjoying your bed. :-)

Original review: July 10, 2016

I have had bad sleep - or NO sleep - for so long that I had resigned myself to the fact that was just the way it was for me. WRONG!! I had heard good reviews about the Sleep Number bed and thought I'd take a trip to the local Sleep Number Store. OH MY!! Once I laid down on the bed and the sales professional helped me find my sleep number, I was totally in love!! I spent more than I had originally planned, but it was SO worth it!! I have had my bed for only a week, but I think in that time I have caught up on all the sleep I've missed!! Thank you Sleep Number!! I'm looking forward to many more nights of blissful sleep!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing, Jimmie. We're glad you're enjoying your bed, and we'd like to have a chance to help with the trouble you're having. Just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST, M-F and 8:30AM-5PM on Saturday and we can start working with you.

We hope to talk with you soon.

Original review: July 10, 2016

My wife wanted a new bed. She heard about and saw the Sleep Number bed and she wanted one. We got a queen size bed, the tilt-top queen size frame, sheets, and two pillows. The delivery guys were nice. Our purchases are of good quality but the mattress keeps getting a little bit crooked on the head end. But it’s not bad. My wife spends more time on it than she does anywhere else on the bed, so it’s lopsided. It’s pulled over that way. Everything has been great.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for being such a great fan over the years, Mell :-) Keep up the great sleep and if you ever have any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Live Chat: bit.ly/SleepNumberChat 7 AM to 11 PM CST

1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Original review: July 9, 2016

I had a Sleep Number bed already for about 20 years and it was old, so I bought again from them the mattress, base - everything except the headboard. I did it because of the quality of their products. The delivery crew was very nice but I didn't like the four-hour window. Then again, I probably won't buy another bed for 20 years, so it doesn't make any difference. Everything was fine with the products. The only problem I had is that I got a bad motor for the lift the first time. However Sleep Number people came out to changed it and they were very nice about it. The whole experience was fast, easy, and enjoyable. I'd recommend Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Hi, Krissy. Thanks so much for letting us know you've had a great experience and that you're enjoying the benefits of your Sleep Number ed. Wishing you years of fantastic sleep!

Original review: July 9, 2016

My husband prefers very firm beds while I like beds that are a little softer. We were looking at the Tempur-Pedic but they cost about double the price that Sleep Number offers. We wanted that quality and the experience of two different sides for each of us to have a good sleep, so we decided to go with a Sleep Number. The sales rep tried her best to be happy and upbeat, but you could tell it’s been a long day and so she came across a little fake. Because we were there in the evening, she must've had a lot going on.

We assembled the bed ourselves and it was easy. What I didn’t realize at the time was that it’s like a waterbed. You push the number and air pops in and out. Also, we wish that the base was one complete piece instead of being different pieces. Overall, it’s a good quality bed and I like the fact that we both get our different kinds of sides.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for sharing the great news, Kara :-) Sleep well!

Original review: July 9, 2016

We bought a Sleep Number mattress and a base, and the quality is great. The sales reps were knowledgeable and polite. I had no issues at all from the time we bought it until it got delivered.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for letting us know that you're experience was a great one, Damon! Rest easy :-)

Original review: July 9, 2016

I bought a mattress from Sleep Number and I had an easy experience with them. My wife handled the delivery and it went well, too. I'm satisfied with my purchase. It works perfectly fine for me.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Glad to hear you're loving your bed, Juan and that you've had a great experience with our staff. Wishing you the best and keep up the great sleep!

Original review: July 9, 2016

I bought a Sleep Number mattress, and like the way it feels. My back feels good in the morning when I wake up. It's a nice bed, and I'm happy with it. The delivery though was a little frustrating. I was told that they were going to bring the item on a certain day and I told them that we had to figure out another day. They called me and when I answered the phone, they hung up. And then, the rep called me back and I told her to have the delivery on a Saturday, and they wanted to deliver it on a Wednesday, but I couldn't be there. Other than that, when the delivery guys came, they were really nice and knowledgeable and set the bed up really quick.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for the shout out, Katy! Keep sleeping well :-)

Original review: July 8, 2016

Thank you to Anthony for helping us find the right option for us. He was patient, charming, and helpful. The location was clean and organized and the product was easy to try and understand. Thank you for an outstanding experience! We cannot wait for our new bed!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Glad to hear you're loving your bed, Dianne :-) Keep up the great sleep and if you ever have any questions for us down the road, please ask. We're here and happy to help.

Live Chat: bit.ly/SleepNumberChat 7 AM to 11 PM CST

1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Original review: July 8, 2016

I have a bad back, having had multiple surgeries on it over the years. The sleep number bed has allowed me more comfort than any mattress I've ever experienced. My sleep has improved dramatically since getting the bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

I'm delighted to hear you're loving your bed, Kitty :-) Thanks for letting us know.

Original review: July 8, 2016

I'm almost 61, have had back surgery years back which is starting to bother me and we needed a new mattress so we decided to get a Sleep Number bed. My husband and I saw on TV that the Sleep Number beds were on sale until Monday. So Saturday we went to a Sleep Number store and tried some of their beds. I said to one of the salesmen there to give me his card as we were still going to discuss it and might come back on Monday before the sale goes off to purchase one. And the salesman insisted that the sale will end that day. He tried to pressure me into getting it right that time I guess for a commission. That put me off.

So we left and on Monday I called the 800 number from the TV, and talked to a rep. I ask the rep if the sale was still good and he said it was. He also apologized for what the other salesman did to us. I ordered the mattress and the base and it was delivered to our home. It may have taken my husband and I 30-40 minutes to assemble the bed. Overall, I'm very pleased with Sleep number. The bed is wonderful and I wouldn't live without it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that you're experience was a great one, Harry :-) Keep the sleep amazing!

Original review: July 8, 2016

I8 adjustable bed purchase - It was truly a wonderful experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Profile