Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
3.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7812 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My husband bought a Select Comfort 19 years ago and I just bought a name brand bed that I'm not very happy with. I have spinal issues and just had cervical surgery. My husband suggested we go to the Sleep Number store. I'm so glad I agreed. Ashley was great help, I bought a Queen Dual p5 360 Smart Bed. And I purchased an Airfit Contour Std. pillow. I can't wait to get my bed, the pillow is fantastic.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your great experience, Sandra. Rest your best!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Maria was great. Very attentive and professional. Made our purchase experience pleasant. She answered every question and did not try to pressure us to buy anything. Treated us extremely well and will definitely do business with her in the future.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review :-)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This was an upgrade to our prior Sleep Number bed. I am so happy that we got the i8 with an adjustable base!!! I can't say enough about how well we are sleeping. The under bed lighting is an added bonus! Love everything about Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm glad you're loving your Sleep Number® bed, Robin. Keep up the great sleep :-)

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Rick at the Selma Texas store off Hwy 35 was very knowledgeable of the Sleep Number series of products. Everything was explained so that we understood and also being so friendly made the sale go very smoothly. Rick was very professional and walked us through every step. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The customer service was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. It was a great experience, so happy I purchased a Sleep Number and I would recommend highly to everyone, without a doubt the most comfortable bed we have ever owned plus the sale offers make it affordable for all.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Edwin! I'm so glad you had a great experience picking out your new bed, and I hope you're sleeping comfortably.

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have had my bed for a few years now, and I like it. However, because it is basically it is an air mattress, I had no idea it would bulge on the sides. I often times have to sit on the side of my bed prior to getting out of it. The mattress is now bulging or sagging. I wish I had known it would do this prior to my purchase. At least with a regular mattress you can turn and flip it to prevent this from happening.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We had a Sleep Number previously and liked it. We bought one recently and knew what we wanted when we went in. The sales agent was very nice and gave us the information. The delivery team was very efficient as well. Overall, we’re happy with our Sleep Number and have recommended them to others.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We were looking forward to our delivery today until we got an EMAIL 15 minutes before they were supposed to arrive telling us they didn't have our full order on the truck! They said it will be 11 days wait!!! We already moved our bed into our grandson's room to prepare for the delivery (we had to move his twin bed to storage since Sleep Number will only move ONE bed). Then, they LIED and said they TRIED to call us, but there was NO voicemail set up (NOT true, they never called!). What are we supposed to do without a bed for 11 nights?? We had to rearrange our work schedules to be here today! There's no promises we can get the new date off to be home for delivery. Considering cancelling the order all together! NOT HAPPY!??

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Got my bed and the very first night I was on a support chat window trying to get my pump to work. After being promised a new one would be shipped out 2 day rush, anyway you can count 2 days came and past. This happened on a Wednesday night, I got my new pump the following Monday. Thanks guys. I was not offered anything other than a free replacement pump, not even a sorry for any store manager or anybody in the company other than the chat service member. Still debating the 100 day trial and shipping it back or not. Sleep Number isn't doing much as a company to convince me to stay.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The person I spoke with could not have been nicer but she sent me the wrong controls. I told her my bed was in the upright position and would not come down. When my controls came they were the bed controls for what # one wanted to sleep at. Fortunately I know how to fix my controls with a copper wire so they will work.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
I'm really sorry to hear that the controls you were sent were the incorrect ones, Elizabeth, and we appreciate you letting us know about the experience you've had. Please give us a call or chat with us so we can look into this further with you.
Phone: 1-888-411-2270

Live Chat: http://bit.ly/2aHjuYa

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Essentially three people were involved in our purchase and installation: Alejandro ** (sales) and Renee (sp?) and Brandon (delivery/installation). All were pleasant, personable, helpful (and patient with us) and very professional. Alejandro never pressured us, but he carefully and completely described differences between our old Sleep Number bed and the options available. He helped us select the optimal system for our needs. Renee and Brandon called twice on the day of delivery, and were within two minutes of the projected arrival time. They were hard working, efficient, worked like a team in assembly and placement of the bed, and they explained the hardware and the software to us quite well. We like the improvements of this bed over our previous (15 year old) Sleep Number bed. We only received it last night, but I suspect we'll be quite happy with it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Gary! I'm so glad to hear you received great service from Alejandro, Renee, and Brandon, and I'll definitely share your kind words with their managers :-) We thank you for trusting us with your sleep, and we wish you many great nights to come.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My back was hurting. I lay down on your bed in your store, made a few adjustments and my back pain went away and that was the reason I considered a Sleep Number bed, came back 2 days later, bought one of your beds. Now I am waiting to received delivery.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad you had a good visit with our team at your local store, and we can't wait to hear how you're sleeping on your new bed when it arrives.

Great sleep is on the way!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I purchased twin Sleep Number beds in 2013. Due to changes in my personal life I was in need of a larger bed and was considering buying another Sleep Number. The technology is greatly advanced and Sylvia **, the sales representative, expertly demonstrated all the advances and new features of the 360 Smart Bed and the 360 FlexFit 2. Because of her expertise and the skillful demonstration, I bought & love it. Super professional, knowledgeable sales representative.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience with us, Barbara! I'm thrilled you had a good visit with Sylvia at your local store, and I'll be sure to share your kudos with her manager :-)

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Delivery and set up was very punctual and professional. Everything was explained and my questions were answered. Very pleased with this. Would recommend to anyone. They were very nice gentlemen, moved my existing mattress back to my other bedroom and were very careful when doing so.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm thrilled you had such a great experience with our Home Delivery Technicians, James! Thank you for taking time to share your review with us, I hope you're sleeping well on your new bed.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We purchased a Sleep Number bed and FlexFit 3 Base. The sales associate assured us that we would have a 100 day trial with a money back guarantee. Prior to receiving the bed, we saw online that people had issues with returning the base, so we called the store and were told... "Sleep Number would not do that and even though the base isn’t technically included, the company will take it back if you’re not happy."

Within 30 days we knew the bed was not right. We had the iLE mattress but it was not comfortable at all, it caved in the middle and both my wife and me had bad back pain resulting. We contacted Sleep Number and they sent a mattress foam topper, but it still did not help so we decided to return. After an hour dealing with customer support they accepted the return. Upon returning the bed, we had not received a refund in 7-10 days as we were told so we called to inquire. They then started processing the refund, but after all was said and done they shorted us $1000, which they claimed was for restocking and delivery. It’s just crazy how a supposed free trial ended up costing us $1000... Plus a lot of time and frustration having to spend hours on the phone with various customer support associates. We do not recommend Sleep Number at all, this was a horrible experience.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Jared, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We think it's important for all of our owners to know that our adjustable bases are a final sale, and not included in our 100 Night In Home Trial, which is why we provide the details of our policy online, in-store, and on the receipt we ask you to sign when you complete your order. We offer a 100 Night In Home Trial, rather than a risk free trial, as there are some items that are unable to be returned, and our owners are responsible for initial and return shipping fees should they decide their beds aren't a fit for them. You can find the details of our 100 Night In Home Trial by clicking the link below:

We're sorry our bed wasn't a good fit for you, and we wish you all the beat in your search for great sleep. If you have any questions I can help with, please send me a private reply.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The sales experience was great and not pushy at all. The bed sales itself without any additional help. We wish that we would have purchased this bed sooner, even after a week we are already sleeping better. This is the best investment anyone can make for their well-being.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

That's so great to hear! Thanks for sharing your review with us, Tami, I'm so glad you had a good experience with our team at your local store, and I'm thrilled you're sleeping well.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have a very bad back and wanted to try Sleep Number out. I went to them and my last salesman was patient, very kind and helpful. I bought the 360, which is the best one. However, I'm unhappy that they would ask me to purchase a $40 control after spending over $9,000 for a bed. They said I should use my iPhone or iPad. Still, scheduling the delivery went perfectly and the delivery team was great. Also, the 360 is extremely more comfortable than our old bed. The padding is thicker, much better, and softer for me. My husband loves how you can recline anyway you want to sleep. I love being able to see at night due to the light under the bed when I get up. I absolutely, positively love everything about it and highly recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We bought a Sleep Number bed a long time ago and it eventually wasn’t filling up anymore. It had a small leak so we bought another one. This is our second mattress from them and we like it. The sales reps helped me figure out which was the right one out of a choice of two or three different ones. They shipped it and then we set it up ourselves. We've told some family already and they bought one, too.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for continuing to trust us with your sleep, Sherry! I'm so glad you're enjoying your new bed, and I'm thrilled you had a good experience with our team when you stopped by your local store.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Had a Sleep Number for years, the best bed ever, bought a heat pad, worked great for about 8 years, then it quit, so we ordered a new one. Would not be without one. The cost of 170.00 divided by 8 years. Was worth every dime.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad you've been enjoying your bed! Thanks for being a long-time fan, we hope you love your new heating pad on your bed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

They did a good job but did not explain set up good enough. I could have set this up and saved 200 dollars. They were on time and very professional. Still dont know why I had to pay you 200. I had to set the bed and wifi up myself.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, David, and we'll make sure it gets passed along to our leadership teams for review. If you have further questions or concerns about your bed, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so we can help.

Maggie G

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We bought a Sleep Number with the dual temp a few years ago. The bed was awful - could not get a setting with a good night's sleep. Went back to complain - got talked into an adjustable base. Now we sleep on our sofa. Over 3000 for a bed that is uncomfortable, causes neck, headaches and back pain! Never again!!!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry you haven't been sleeping your best, Venus, and we'd like to look into ways to help! When you have the chance, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays.

Maggie G

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I had a Sleep Number for years and I recently purchased a new mattress. The salesman did great. I had no problems. And then, the guys set the mattress up. It’s very comfortable. I changed to one that would raise and lower the head and I’ve had no problems with it. I’ve had great service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I had my first Sleep Number for 15 years and so it was time to get a new one. The one I recently purchased is a better bed. The mattress top is a little better than it was originally, and the frame is certainly better, too. The sales professional I dealt with didn’t try to push anything on us. He was interested in what we were looking at and what our needs were. I have rheumatoid arthritis, so there are some days when I need a harder bed and some days when I need a softer bed. He was very accommodating in trying to fulfill my needs. The home delivery was also magnificent. The delivery guys were the best and they were funny as well. They were in and out and we had a good conversation with them. They made the adjustments and put it in place for us quickly. Sleep Number helps in making my sleep much better. The fact that this is my second one should speak for how well I like it and what a good night’s sleep it gives me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I have been a Select Comfort consumer for over 25 years. I and my family have purchased numerous beds. I just spent over $6000 on mattresses and adjustable bases. The new style foam topper kills my back. I hate it. I’ve exchanged it for a different model and it still stinks. I’m stuck with a bed that I can’t even sleep in.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm really sorry you're not sleeping comfortably on your bed, Vickie. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays so our team can explore solutions with you right away.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The service I received from Sleep Number from the office down to delivery was friendly, efficient and one great experience. They made it easy to understand. I will recommend the bed and this store for sure. Thank you guys for helping me enjoy my new bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm so glad to hear you had such a great experience with our team, Allison! Thank you for taking time to share your review with us.

Online Customer Care

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My husband and I spent $7000 on a bed and waited 3 weeks for delivery. The bed arrived and was defective, so could not be installed. We waited 4 more days for another bed. When the delivery people showed up for the second time, they had no bed on the truck to install. They then said we’d have to wait 2 more weeks for another bed. We have been offered no compensation for our inconvenience. Their customer service representatives and supervisors are rude and offer no help. I cannot say enough bad things about this company. Do not buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Our experience with the sales ladies at Sleep Number were very personable, professional, took their time to answer our questions, patient, informative and be the end of the sale we were actually friends! We know they are dependable to call upon as ask questions in the future.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My Sleep Number 360 Dart bed - Fantastic customer service from my salesperson Shakin ** to customer service and the delivery and set up team. A firm I will use and tell others about my salesperson Shakin was extremely helpful answering questions on how this bed is different from my original. Also I saw the advantages to having another Sleep Number bed.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I called the Sleep Number Warranty Department on 10/10/2018. They had me pull everything off the bed then completely unzip the top of the mattress and do an examination of the foam underneath while I was on the phone with them. This was unbelievably ridiculous and then I volunteered to email this person pictures. Never heard a word. Called them again this AM. They are going to UPS me some new foam out to stuff my mattress. No warranty service. I'm 63 years old. I should have asked these questions before I bought the bed. Beware, you don't get what you pay for. I don't recommend buying this bed. What happens if it shifts again? Why did it do it this time?

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We'd like to look into your concerns, Brenda. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F and we'll get started.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

6 years ago I got into a car accident. I've been in pain ever since. It's getting worse and worse because of the Sleep Number bed that I've had for 5 years. I went through for remotes because I have adjustable frame. For the past year the foot part won't go up and the head part won't go down and I can't afford to buy any more remotes. They say it's a 20-year warranty but they're full of it. The bed slides off the frame so you have to lift it. Now there's a big hole on the bottom of my mattress that was hooked up to a hose to make it softer or harder. All it is is an air mattress and an egg crate. $3,000 I spent and it's making my back worse. I told the guy at the store I just got into a car accident so he gives me a bed that I have to lift the mattress every day. I've been sleeping on the couch for a year. They should not be allowed to stay in business. Worst customer service. Lies lies lies. Thank you.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Sorry for the experience you've had, Theresa and we'd like to look into your concerns. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll get started.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information