2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

This is our second Sleep Number bed in our 32 years of marriage. We started with a conventional full bed, then a Queen water bed, then an off-brand King air bed (that lost its air on my side every night), then a King conventional mattress and finally our first Sleep Number King about 10-11 years ago. My wife is 5’2” and 130 lbs. I’m 6’4” and 350 pounds, on a good day! Quite the difference in size. Our first Sleep Number was the first bed that I could turn over in and not wake my wife. It has held up flawlessly and has never lost air on my side. It has been quite comfortable for both of us.

We decided to purchase our new bed due to some health issues for both of us. My wife just had a cervical fusion and also has some vertebrae fused in her lumbar region and doesn’t sleep well, normally. She also watches TV in bed some days. I have some issues where I need to elevate my feet. There seemed to be a very good sale on the iLE mattress, so we decided to buy the split California King with the Flexfit 2 adjustable base. We can independently adjust our heads and feet, so both of us are comfortable. My wife has been using the Zero G setting and is sleeping better than she has in years. I find the bed to be very comfortable.

We recommend Sleep Number beds to our friends and relatives regularly. They are expensive, but all of the literature speaks to the importance of sleep in healing! If you are going to spend a quarter to a third of your life in bed, wouldn’t you like to be comfortable? We spent multiple thousands of dollars on the first four beds in our marriage. They lasted us 20-22 years. Our first Sleep Number has lasted 10-11 years and is in our guest room, where I expect it to serve us well for years. Our new bed has a 25 year warranty. I hope to outlive that warranty, but I will be in my early 80’s by then. I’m not sure why anyone would buy another brand?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I always wanted a Sleep Number but I didn't wanna pay that much money for it. I talked my friend into buying one 30 years ago, and she loved it. It took me 30 years to get one but I’m happy with the bed. I had a problem at the store, though. I went for the p5 and the sales rep gave me a price then rang it all up. I knew it was on sale the following week so I said I would come back. He told me he would be there on Wednesday so I said I would come back then. I went there and left the papers in the car, which was okay since the rep had given me the customer quote, so he knew exactly what I wanted. He told me not to get the papers and then added a couple of hundred dollars to the price. I said that it was the wrong price and that I have it in the car, but then he said it was the right price. So I said goodbye and left.

I then pulled it up online and had no trouble. I dealt with Hank, and he gave me the right price that I originally had. He was wonderful. I had the bed delivered, which worked fine, and the people did exactly what I said. They were very good. I also had put the app in and they set it up. So far, I think it’s a good quality bed. I sleep much better. I used to have a really hard time sleeping and would sleep for two hours, but now, I could sleep around eight hours.

I recommended Sleep Number to other people, and they bought the bed. The thing is, the reps told the people I recommended it to that I would get a check for it. They told the first one I was getting a check for $50 then the second one, it was $100. I told these people that if I get the check then we would split it. That way, everybody saves a little bit of money. Then yesterday, I got the reward thing in the mail. Now, I gotta use it and buy something from them. It’s terrible that they did that. They tell you that you’re getting a check for $100, but you just get a reward, that’s it. They shouldn’t say that. I’m really annoyed right now and I have people asking me if I got the check yet. I’m not even gonna mention this bed to anybody else because I don’t want more people to dislike me over 100 bucks. Though I’m really unhappy about this thing that they did, I’m satisfied with the bed.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
    I really appreciate you letting us know about the experience you had in the store, Betty, and I'll pass along your comments to our Leadership for their review & follow up with our teams. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Online Customer Care

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I had slept on a Sleep Number when I had gone to a hotel years ago. I needed a new bed and I looked at other mattresses. And I enjoyed the Sleep Number that one time and the price was good, and so I went with them. I bought the bed and then a layer of foam that is a cooling thing that goes on top of it because I had purchased the lowest end of the bed, and I wanted a little bit more cushion to it. They had given me the choice. If I wanted to, I could upgrade the bed or I could try this pad. And I tried the pad and it’s perfect. Since using Sleep Number, my back doesn’t hurt anymore. The other mattress I had was 15 to 18 years old. But it was a big pillow-top one. And since I’ve had this Sleep Number, my neck doesn’t hurt when I get up. I’m not tired when I get up. I wake up and I feel good.

The Sleep Number sales reps were wonderful. My son and I were at the Victoria Gardens, and we were there for his friend’s wedding meeting. And we had about 30 minutes. So I walked in to find out some information. And I talked to Taylor and told him I got 25 minutes that we could talk. He just sat down and talked to me really quickly. Then he asked if he could email me information, and he did. And then when I decided to purchase the bed, he wasn’t there that day. But the girl who was there said, “I’ve got all of Taylor’s information, and we will make sure he gets the credit for it.” And they’ve called me about four times since I purchased it to see if I’m happy with the bed. I have stopped by because I had a couple of questions, and they were all helpful. I enjoyed my bed so much. My brother-in-law who needed a new bed went in there, and he purchased one too. He loves his bed.

The guys who delivered my items were fabulous. They took the old bed away and they had their booties on their shoes. And when I said, “Guys, you don’t have to wear them. It’s okay.” They said, “Oh, we care, and we don’t wanna get people upset.” They talked to me about what to do when they set the bed up, and how they were doing it. They cleaned everything up. You wouldn’t even know that they were here. They hauled all the boxes away.

They’re so helpful at the store. They have been marvelous. You could call them. They’re friendly. And they were really cute. I had earned points answering some things. And they called me up and said, “Mary, you got this much money on you. So when you’re ready, come in and purchase something.” I went in and that was when I bought the pad. I walked out paying $50 for the pad of points that I had earned on the 300-dollar product.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us, Mary! I'm delighted to hear you've been sleeping comfortably, and I'm so glad you had a great experience at your local store and with our Home Delivery Team.

Keep sleeping well :-)

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had the expanding queen from Sleep Number and it was great. We loved it. We were in the process of moving and deciding where we were going. We were gonna change beds, and we were deciding if we would go with a queen or a king. We decided to have a king size bed frame so we had to get a new Sleep Number. But we still own our first bed. We took it up to our cabin so that we would have our Sleep Number Comfort up there, so that we didn't have to sleep in a regular mattress. We're still enjoying it. But the second one, the comfort is even better, and I think it's because I have more space unlike before. So, I don't have to worry about an elbow on top of the head.

We opted for the adjustable sides on the king so that way, when my husband is watching football in the living room, I can go to my bedroom and be able to lift up the head and I don't have to prop a bunch of pillows behind me. I wanted to be able to adjust the bed. And then also, as years go by, not that we're old, but I like that we can adjust our leg height so the blood in the legs is flowing -- you can lift it up or if you need to get comfortable, you can. My husband and I get a really good night's rest and I love it. also I love the night lights underneath it so that you can't stub your toes. I like that it tells us how good of a night's rest we had or we didn't. I love all the features about it. It's just amazing.

We have recommended Sleep Number and we've had three other people that bought it after we bought our first one. My father-in-law bought one. A few friends at church bought one because we just kinda raved about our bed. And we've even said, "Hey, you know, what about the fact that if you buy a regular mattress, whenever it wears out, you have throw out the whole thing. There's no keeping it and salvaging it. Whereas Sleep Number, you just buy more parts for it." So that's how we justified the amount that we paid for it. If you want that extra padding or your padding starts wearing out on the top, just buy a new padding. You don't have to buy a new bed, just buy the new padding. If your chamber starts leaking, buy a new chamber. The guys that come and set it up were also amazing. They were polite, courteous, well-dressed, well-mannered, and did a fantastic job.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us, Becka! We love hearing that our owners are recommending us to their friends and family, and we're thrilled to have you as a long-time fan. We hope you continue resting well for years to come.

Online Customer Care

Original review: June 18, 2019

We've had a Sleep Number for 9 1/2 years old and then we upgraded because it was leaking air and the sides were drooping. And we’re seniors, so my husband and I didn’t want to spend the money and the energy to fix it. We liked our first bed so well so we wanted to get a second one. Plus, my daughter and her husband bought one because of us.

We have a little bit of a problem because there was a miscommunication. When we were ordering sheets, we were told that the king-sized sheets only came with a standard pillow case, so we ordered standard pillows. And then when the sheets came, they were king sized. So, I called and complained about that because I said, “I would’ve gotten king size, but she assured us that they were standard.” And so, they let us exchange and send back the old pillows and get the new pillows, so I was quite happy with that. The customer service and everything has been good.

The delivery came and they took the old one out and they put the new one in, set it up, put it on our cell phone, showed us how to do stuff. So, all in all, we’ve been very happy. The only complaint I have is the sheets. We have the sheets and I have pictures in my cell phone. They are so baggy and not tight on the bed. I can pull it up close to a foot. So, I’m going to take the pictures back into the store to ask them why because I don’t understand that. I have a marine for a husband and the bottom sheets aren’t supposed to be wrinkled. But all in all, it went well. They fixed what the situation was and I really can’t complain. I would still recommend them. I just need to find out what’s going on with these sheets.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Janet. We apologize for the miscommunications with your pillowcases, and for the trouble you've had with your sheets on your bed. If this hasn't yet been resolved, please give us a call so our team can assist you.

Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: May 29, 2020

Linda was very attentive and answered all my questions over the phone. I was able to place my order in minutes. The delivery was scheduled sooner than I expected. I have heard fabulous reviews. I cannot wait for nights of better sleep for my partner and I.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I went into the Merrillville Indiana store and purchased a bed, frame and bed cover. 4 days later, they did an unauthorized charge on my credit card for a second bed cover. A thief employee at the store charged my card before I even got it. Then, being as incompetent as they are, they put the wrong address for the shipping. It took me, contacting UPS to fix the problem my self. Then when I was waiting for my bed to come in, they never showed up. I had to remove my bed, which was taken by the trash department as they happened to do trash pick up on the same day as the delivery.

My delivery time was between 1pm and 4 pm. I contacted Sleep Number at 3:00 pm since they were not there. I was told "they're coming". At 4:30 pm I call back again, and they tell me that my order was canceled by one of their incompetent customer service representatives and the next delivery date would be June 11. So now I have no bed from May 28 to June 11. I also had to contact the credit card and start a fraud investigation since the thieves they hire, charged my card 4 days after my order. Now my entire order is cancel and I am left without a bed. Way to do business and take care of customers Sleep Number... You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Diego. Please send me a private reply with your order information & contact number, and I can get you in touch with one of our managers to look into this with you.

Alan S

Original review: May 28, 2020

I had a great experience with Sleep Number. The salesperson Brandon was fabulous and professional. He took me through all of the specs and features and made my purchase a pleasure. He explained my delivery and set up as well as the app that controls the bed. I would recommend Sleep Number to anyone who wants and needs a fantastic night's sleep.

Original review: May 28, 2020

My bed is only 5 years old and we spent almost $8,000 on it. We were willing to pay top dollar for a good, quality product. Last night the pump broke and ALL of the air went out of my side of the mattress. Since it's still under warranty, I "only" have to pay $271 to get a new pump. And it will take 3-4 days so now I'm stuck with this crappy bed and crappy sleep for days. I'm not sure what's worse - that the bed broke after just 5 years or that I have to pay to have it fixed while still under warranty. I will NEVER purchase a Sleep Number bed again. Terrible customer service.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with your bed, Lyndsey, and we appreciate your feedback on our Limited Warranty. If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: May 27, 2020

We went to our local Sleep Number store not knowing what we wanted. Upon arrival we were greeted by Ryan. Ryan was extremely helpful and showed us everything we needed to know about the bed. I highly recommend that if your shopping for a bed you try these out.

Select Comfort author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number adjustable mattresses adjust the mattress support for each sleeper. Get home delivery and setup when you shop online. Special financing is available.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size Sleep Number mattresses start at $999 and come with free UPS shipping.

• Types of mattresses: Select from the Classic, Performance, Memory Foam and Innovation series. Available features include dual adjustability, Responsive Air technology, smart adjustability and Sleep IQ. PartnerSnore technology is available with Split King and FlexTop King mattresses.

• Trial period: Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Sleep Number guarantees its mattresses with a 25-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding, pillows, beds for kids and RV mattresses are also available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information