Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Call toll free
3.77/5

Sleep Number

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort Gallery (15)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7731 Select Comfort - Sleep Number Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We had one of the originals from Select Comfort and we have five of the Sleep Number so, we purchased with them and got a replacement compressor for one of our beds. The sales people at the store in Woodmere were great. Our bed was losing air pressure, so they gave us a real good diagnosis. Whoever you call on the 1-800 number at Sleep Number was very helpful, too. I was impressed with their reps' knowledge. Both the in-store and the phone call were great and they were very pleasant. Also, with the bed, I wake up rested. My back is in pretty good shape for my age and I attribute it to Select Comfort. I’ve got a very good feel about that product. They're a bit pricey but the investment over the long term is well worth it, both in money and your back. We’ve sent quite a few people there.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

First salesperson said as a last minute sales pitch that “financing ends today”... which wasn’t true because I called the next day. So we decided to go ahead, spent $8400 on a bed for delivery which didn’t happen because driver WAS AFRAID of our driveway. It’s on a curve, but not dangerous. Then said delivery would be 8 DAYS later, and now the excuse is the driver was in an accident, after telling us that the bed was on its way an hour after the time they said it would be here. Truly AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. Corporate people don’t care how upset customers are.

We gave our bed away the night before the original delivery so we’d have room for the bed that never showed up. ZERO STARS. The CEO is lining her pockets with all the cabbage people like us spend in her stores with crazy, markup on bedding and pillows. Markup equals profit people and they mark it up there. Not to mention you are basically forced to get their sheets because Walmart doesn’t sell split sheets yet... Did I mention AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We recently upgraded from a queen Sleep Number which we had for years to a king flex-top with adjustable base. Was initially disappointed that delivery date was so hard to schedule due to the fact that my husband travels for work and I wanted him to be here... There were very few available dates and we had to wait quite a while. Then, the first base did not work and so had to have a new one delivered (more waiting)... but actually customer service representatives worked with me and I did feel like a valued customer when speaking to several different customer service representatives. All in all, customer service was exceptional and we are very happy with our new bed and will continue to recommend Sleep Number. I don't think we will ever buy another bed!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Customer services were outstanding. Helped me with my problem (Air loss), stood behind the warranty with no problem, could not have asked for better results. He located the parts I needed and will send them right to my doorstep. Thanks for the great service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ordered a Sleep Number Queen C4 bed with a Flex Fit 2 Adjustable base. The bed was delivered and setup on September 7, 2018. Like many others our old bed was removed and disposed of earlier that day. From the first night, my wife's side totally deflated, I could not understand why I kept rolling towards her side. Called Sleep Number customer support who offered several troubleshooting techniques to isolate the issue. Next night same issue. Called customer support, who again wanted me to do more troubleshooting. There was no urgency on their part to correct the situation.

As it stands now, they are sending out some replacement parts, NOT OVERNIGHT, with a technician to arrive October 4th to install them. WHAT??? I guess we can just sleep on the floor until them. My wife has MS, and this bed and the base were purchased to help alleviate some of her symptoms. This is not an item you can take back to a store and exchange for one that works. I have already contacted a lawyer to see if we could get a full refund for both the mattress and base. Sleep Number normally will not refund take back the base. As it stands now, I have no bed to sleep in, and will have to wait almost 4 weeks to have one that I can sleep in. This has to be the worse customer service I have ever encountered.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Bob and we'd like to look into your concerns. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays and we'll get started.

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I had a Sleep Number bed already. In fact, my most recent purchase is the third one in the last 20 years. I have some problem with sleep apnea and I can’t wear a mask. So, elevating the bed is to my advantage and that’s the biggest reason I wanted a Sleep Number bed. Their sales reps were very caring and very knowledgeable. My interaction with them was excellent. The bed was delivered at home and my experience with their delivery team was great. The only problem I have with my most recent purchase is what it sends to my cellphone isn’t always very accurate. Nonetheless, Sleep Number is a good product.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Christina ** and I have had Sleep Number beds for years. My last experience in Arizona was full of terrible customer service, but Christina convinced me to give Sleep Number another try, since the beds themselves are very comfortable. First, the salesman at the Arundel Mills, MD, store kept having to go ask his manager questions, and the manager was too lazy to come out and help until the third time.

Second, though we said we didn't want a dual chamber with Sleep IQ, the salesman put us down for a dual chamber queen -- with the extra cost of Sleep IQ. I had to call and change it back to a single chamber. Third, when the bed was delivered, one box (with the foam) had three pieces of tape across the flap, but it was so open, you could stick your whole arm in. The tape also didn't have the Sleep Number logo on it like the other box did.

Fourth, the second box (with the logo-branded tape) was secure on the outside, but the box that should've had the remote in it was empty and the instruction manual was crumpled like someone had thrown it in the trash. How am I supposed to use an air bed with no remote? Where was I supposed to sleep, especially after disassembling and removing my old bed? I certainly don't have room for two big beds in my bedroom.

So I phoned on Thursday, Sept 13. The associate I spoke to was very nice and told me they would "overnight" a remote so I'd have it tomorrow. This is important -- she said "overnight" and "tomorrow" as in Friday, Sept 14. By Friday night, when no remote came, I phoned customer service again. The associate I spoke to this time said that Sleep Number never sends anything "overnight" and that whatever shipping options you choose (such as two-day air) don't apply until after the order goes to the warehouse and gets picked.

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor was EXTREMELY rude to me and didn't seem to understand that I hadn't ordered a second remote and that I was talking instead about the one remote that should've come with the bed in the first place. She asked how much I paid for shipping, because she was going to refund the shipping cost. I told her nothing, because that was the promotion I got in the store. Then she told me "Please hold" and hung up on me. I now have confirmation that the remote will be delivered today, Sept 18 (we'll see if that's true or not).

Once again, Sleep Number's customer service is terrible. I bought a new bed, trusted that all the pieces would be present, disassembled my old bed, and got stuck sleeping on an old futon on the floor for five full nights, without even a partial refund offered. Hopefully by the next time I need a new bed, another company will be in business selling air mattresses meant for permanent use. I will never buy another Sleep Number again, and I'll warn off every one of my friends from buying a Sleep Number again.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Sorry for the experience you've had, Kara and we'd like to look into your concerns. Please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F and we'll get started.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

From the minute I walked into the Sleep Number Store; I felt my needs were important. Ballta was very professional, inventive and answered all my questions. I did my research before going but Balta showed me just how special these beds are. #1 Bed & Service.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Nice! Thanks for sharing your review with us.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I bought this model because it was in my price range and I was looking for a bed that I would not have to replace in a couple of years. I was amazed at how quickly I adjusted it and found my Sleep Number. Because I have arthritis it gives me the ability to adjust my mattress according to how my body is doing.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Glad you're enjoying your bed, Leslie!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Getting a Sleep Number has been one of the best experiences I have had and also a wonderful investment. I look forward to many years of good night's rest. The sales woman was outstanding. The communication through email was extremely thorough. The delivery men were professional and efficient. I will tell as many people as possible about this! Thank you.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your great experience, Kady. Rest well!

Sleep Number Online Customer Care

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We've had a Sleep Number for about 20 years and it was time to upgrade our bed. The sales rep was really helpful. We wanted the ability to raise the top of the bed, not so much the feet, and he was able to look that up. We couldn't remember what bed we purchased in the past but he was able to access our account and he let us know which one was pretty much like the one we had. We got a p6 which is the split-top king size bed. The delivery guys gave me a ballpark timeframe when they would arrive and they were right in the middle, so I was very happy with that. I stood with them while they assembled the bed and they cleaned up after themselves. Also, the rep walked me through setting up the phone app and the remote. He showed me how it all worked.

I love our new bed and I enjoy the underbed lighting. It's weird but I love that. When I get up at night, it will turn on and I don't have to walk around with my phone in my hand trying to figure out where everything is. Also, one thing that impressed us about Sleep Number is that our 20-year old bed is still as good as new. The longevity of those is fantastic and it’s in our guestroom now. That’s usually one of my talking points to the people I’m talking to. They will outlast anything that you’re gonna spend comparable money for. We’ve been recommending Sleep Number beds for the last 20 years. A lot of our friends and my in-laws have them from our recommendations.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I just wanted to let you know that Jake (our salesman) and Ruben (our setup tech & his helper) were the BEST!!! My wife and I have not had this great of customer service in over 30 years. Your whole Lubbock team seem to be very good but these 2 men are at the top of their game, any company would be lucky to have them. Sleep Number is Lucky and Blessed to have two great employees!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I visited the Toledo Sleep Number store (on Monroe St) and met with Amy ** there. I had spoken with her on the phone the day prior, and she was quick to guess who I was on arrival to the store. She was professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable about the products. She was wonderful and ran many quotes for me (including the day before my arrival), until I was able to make a decision about which bed would be best for me. Amy is wonderful, and she deserves great commendation for her professionalism and customer service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We've had a Sleep Number bed for about 10 years and when we decided to upgrade our bed, we bought a mattress and an adjustable frame. But so far, I'm not totally sold on the bed. The foam is really hot to sleep on. I liked the other one though. I didn't experience the temperature variant so much with that one as I do with this one. Aside from the bed, we also bought two sets of sheets back in May. I would take the sheets off every Saturday and wash them. Then I would put a different set on so that I can alternate my sheets. But I noticed that one set of sheets was snagging. So I went to my local Sleep Number and took the sheets in. I was given a card for customer service so I called and I had a lot of trouble understanding the representative on the phone. But I was told that those sheets were only covered for one-time return. The ones that I purchased were no longer available though, so they ended up having to upgrade them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We had an old Sleep Number bed for over 10 years and we were starting to feel uncomfortable with it, so we replaced it with a new one. The rep was really good. Also, the delivery team did great. They were young but they were superb. They were prompt and they set the bed up. They explained it as well. The new bed is very comfortable and since having it, we haven't had any problems. I already recommended Sleep Number when we got our first one to my sister and brother-in-law, and they actually bought one as well. They’ve had the bed for quite a few years now and they really like it.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Your employee was very informed and was easy to understand. We have had Sleep Number bed for last 16 years. He was very convincing for us to try new bed. Know we will be very pleased with it!! Your store was very clean and well set up. Would recommend to any of my friends wanting a new bed to visit your store.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

That's what we like to hear! Rest easy.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We went in to the store to look at mattress toppers for our C2 mattress. We decided to buy the vari-cool topper. Customer service was good, but very disappointed that there were none in stock. Here we are, 4 days later and I still don't have a shipping confirmation email. Disappointed that a premium product, at a premium price, has such a long delivery time.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Congrats on your new bed, Stephen :-) All of our beds are made to order for all of our customers and for information on your order, just give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We spent a small fortune on the mattress, base, sheets, pillows, etc. After sleeping on it my husband had an allergic reaction to the materials which caused welts all over his body. We obviously couldn't keep this. I called customer service to schedule a return and after being on the phone for almost an hour was told I couldn't return the base, the sheets, pillows, and mattress topper. The only thing they would take back was the mattress itself, but still charged me another $199 to pick it up. I am disgusted that a company that is supposed to be top of the line has such terrible policies. I spent a small fortune on this, and they won't refund me until 7 days after pick up which is a month away. I will never purchase anything here again, and will warn off friends and family. My neighbor was going to buy one this week, but after telling them my horror story, they have decided against it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Rachel. We want all of our customers to know that our adjustable base models are all final sales, which is an industry standard practice. We provide this information on our website, at the register in each of our stores, and on the receipt we ask you to review and sign once you complete your order, so this information should have been provided in your paperwork.

We also want our customers to know that the adjustable base is made to industry standard size, which means that you'll be able to continue to enjoy the features and benefits that initially interested you in it with your next adjustable mattress in the matching size. If you have any questions we can help with, please give us a call at 1-888-411-2270 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The Sleep Number beds are very comfortable, even if they're overpriced, so we purchased another one. This is the third Sleep Number bed that I've owned and we've had them for 20 years. With our last purchase, the sales reps were very informative and knew what they were talking about. They were great people to work with and they were not pushy. But the guys that delivered the bed were rather rough in the halls and they banged up the walls and the door trim. I talked to Select Comfort about that and they told me to send pictures. Other than that, however, we like the Sleep Number bed.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

My old Sleep Number was worn and lumpy so I got a new one. I worked with somebody at Valley West Mall and he was very helpful in explaining the different beds. He also helped me make the decision on the one I got. The delivery went really good as well. I really like the bed, but I'm fighting the SleepIQ. Half the time, it says that there's no data recorded or sometimes it will tell me I had two hours of sleep, it's like it's not working right. But I have not made it to the store to have them help me with it again and that's on my list of things to do. I'd recommend Sleep Number to anybody and I know a lot of people who have them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Bought our first Sleep Number bed in 1999 as a 90-day trial advertised on Radio program. Fell in Love with it. Purchased our 2nd one, this time an adjustable king, in August 2018. Great store experience with great service. Delivery team very professional. Bed is living up to the Comfortable Sleep Number reputation.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Glad you're loving your bed, Thomas :-) Thanks for the shout out!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Received a message that our delivery would be delayed five weeks with less than 8 hours notice on our scheduled delivery date was not respectful. Thank goodness we had not taken apart our current bed yet, however, coming home to having to remake the old bedding, etc. was a hassle. I am sure you knew before the date you called and this has left a bad feeling for us regarding your company in total.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Sleep Number has been very professional in the sale, delivery, setup and instructions on our new bed. Delivery and install team looked very professional and communicated regularly with us concerning their delivery. Will be reviewing our mattress after a few more nights. Currently on night number four and loving it!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We had a Sleep Number before for about 10 years and we changed up when we got some mechanical bed. I’ve been having some sleeping issues so we figured we’d go back to that to see if that would make a difference. Their rep was very friendly and answered our questions, but we weren’t in agreement on how long I could get the 0% financing, which wasn’t a killer deal. We could’ve bought the thing and it was not the only thing we had a disagreement about how the policy worked. Other than that, they did a follow-up. I have slept better since I’ve been on it and I don’t wake up with a sore back. They’re very professional, helped out, suggested some new sheets for us other than the ones we were gonna pick out, and we got those as well. Overall, everything was good and I will recommend Sleep Number. Hopefully, my future son-in-law has already bought one. He bought one and bought it here but he’s getting it delivered down in North Carolina.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We had an awesome experience at the Sleep Number in Spartanburg SC. Jessica was very professional. She helped us pick out our dream bed. We are so excited. I would recommend Sleep Number in Spartanburg SC to others because of the awesome experience we had at this location.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

The reps were very nice but we knew what we wanted so they didn’t have to do much selling. The product sells itself too. We scheduled the delivery and it went very well. We upgraded to a 360 Smart, and we like it. It’s a king but it's got two separate sides where you can have the lift. Sleep Number did good and we've had them since 2007.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Nice visit, excellent customer service. Very accommodating, knowledge about products, the showroom was very clean and immaculate. There were quite a few customers in the store, John our sales person was very knowledgeable, was able to demonstrate the use of the bed, explain the smart app, also showed us the foot warming portion of the bed. He said even if we want to purchase today that he would keep us apprised of any sales and keep us on his mailing list.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Sleep Number is promoting their product as a "Premium" product, so why don't they pair that product with reasonably priced and faster shipping? I can go on to Amazon and buy a $6.95 paperback book and Amazon gets it to my door in just 2 days and with free shipping (I have Amazon Prime). I ordered a Sleep Number DualTemp layer, a product that lists for $849.99, and here's what happened. The shipping was $39. It took over 2 days for a shipping label to be created. The online Chat representative told me it shipped, but it had not. She did not seem to know the difference between creating a label and actually shipping a product. Now 4 days after ordering, UPS still does not show the product in transit. Bottom line, this is not a premium service, which now makes me wonder if the product is even worth it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I was very happy with the service I received from Emily **. She took the time to let me learn about how the bed worked with the remote. I would recommend this store to family and friends. We had purchased the same bed for our camper several years ago and still have that bed and they last and has held up well.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I love my Sleep Number bed! I have wanted one for years, no disappointment! Every step of the process was smooth. I have told many friends how much I like it.

Has many nice features; adjustable, foot warmer, saved settings and timers.

Select Comfort expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sleep Number makes its own air beds and offers four series of mattresses for different needs and budgets. The mattresses are designed and crafted in the U.S.A., and they come in a wide variety of options.

• Warranty: Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty against defects in material or workmanship. The first two years are non-prorated and the remaining 23 years are prorated.

• Variety: It offers four series of mattresses, including a Classic Series, Performance Series, Memory Foam Series and Innovation Series.

• Financing: You can set up a consumer credit card to help finance your payments over a period of time.

• Support: It has support specialists who are available 24 hours a day to help with information about the mattresses or concerns you might have after purchasing.

• Comfort: The mattresses offer excellent support and comfort levels.

• Unique Features: You can self-adjust the support of the bed for each sleeper.

• Best for: Sleep Number/Select Comfort mattresses are best for couples who need different support levels, e.g. when there is more than a 100lbs weight difference.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information