2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Select Comfort - Sleep Number
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort - Sleep Number?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: July 20, 2020

I just purchased my 3rd Sleep Number bed. I am beyond over the moon with it and the amazing service I get EVERY SINGLE TIME I need something of them. Amazing!!! ♥️♥️♥️ I could not be happier with their response to my questions, making changes at the last minute - you guys are the very best. Oh, the bed is FABULOUS!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I had a king size bed, back then it’s called Select Comfort purchased 1997... I love that???? bed so much but I have to down size to a full, this time the bed is called Sleep Number, best bed ever....

Original review: July 19, 2020

The whole experience from instore sales and selection to the delivery drivers professional and courtesy was outstanding. Our new bed, Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed is amazing. We'll be telling our family and friends about our total experience with the Sleep Number Co.

Original review: July 19, 2020

I highly recommend this company. This is my second Sleep Number Bed. First in MI and then here in FL. Both times I was treated with respect and was very satisfied with all of their people that I encountered in the store and in my home.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The delivery team provided outstanding service in helping remove our old Sleep Number Bed and in setting up our new Sleep Number Bed. This was such an awesome service that I will highly recommend it to anyone. In ordering our new Sleep Number Bed was great for we had an outstanding salesman who took the time to show us the Sleep Number Beds we were interested in and answer all our questions. Thank you.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Everything was great, the staff was knowledgeable, professional and very nice. I would recommend sleep number and the delivery people were hard workers. It was hot but they never complained at all. My experience was good but having to write how good it was isn't. Service was great.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Delivery was prompt and the delivery personnel were professional and courteous. Helped us to program our smartphones with our new sleep number mattress. Provided training in the remote control and ensured that everything was set up to our satisfaction. They cleaned after themselves and left the bedroom spotless. Great customer service.

Resolution response: July 24, 2020

UPDATE: July 18, 2020 my husband and I broke down the P5 bed and put our old bed back up. The P5 hurt our back in the lumbar and hip area we could not walk. We had no choice. July 20, 2020 my husband was so upset and decided to give it try and see if Sleep Number would let us return the mattress, we already knew the answer, but it never hurts to ask. Sleep Number allowed us to return the mattress only for a full refund, also they did send the mattress retainer bars for the adjustable base so we can use the base with another mattress. They decided to let us return the mattress, because of the pain we were having and because we already took it down. They are also sending a delivery team to pick up the P5 on July 30, 2020. We were very surprised and are very pleased with this solution.

We also compared our old mattress with the new mattress, and came up with this assessment, even though they got rid of the pillow top and made the bed itself out of all modern memory foam, which we think is not part of problem, but the placement of where they hook up the new air chambers are. On the old style the air chambers are hooked to the pump at the head area, on the new style the air chambers are hooked to the pump in the middle back area, because of this the pressure with no give is in the middle of back instead at the head. This could be the reason why our lumbar and hip area hurt so much and why we always felt like we we sleeping on a lump.

If they just changed material only and kept hook up of the air chambers to the pump at the head area, the bed would be great. Sometimes the old way works better than the new way. Updated to two stars, it was just too much of nightmare experience to go any higher. It could be the best bed, or the worse bed, it truly depends on the person. We still want to wish you the best luck.

Original review: July 17, 2020

In 1998 we bought a California king, had that bed for 9 years. In 2007 we bought a new king bed frame and bought a new king mattress, we had that bed for 15 years, the two beds we bought from Sleep Number they were made with regular foam not this memory foam today and incased with a pillow top. We loved both beds, we always had a good night sleep and our backs never hurt.

This year we decided to buy a new bed with ours being 15 years old and because we loved our other two beds we decicded to buy another Sleep number bed. May 05, 2020 we went to their store and decided to buy the P6 split king with the adjustable base for 7,000 dollars. (Remember Sleep number considers the mattress and base as a bed.) They delivered on May 15, 2020. After trying for only 3 nights our backs hurt so bad, we could not even walk for about the first 10 minutes of getting up, because of this my husband slept in his recliner. Also my husband kept falling in between the two mattress. One night he got his arm caught between the two mattresses and it took him 20 minutes to get his arm out. The next day I broke the P6 split king mattress down and stored it in the spare room and put back our 15 year old mattress back on top of the adjustable base so we could sleep.

I called the Sleep number customer service. They allowed us to either return or exchange. We decided to exchange for a different mattress. We wanted to give them another chance. On May 30, 2020 went back to the store, after an hour of trying out all the beds we decided to exchange the P6 split king for the P5 Flex fit, (I wanted a mattress that would work with the base because I liked the fact that I can adjust the bed for reading and watching tv), for us to get the P5 we had to pay them another 124.00 dollars even though the P5 was a lower style mattress than the P6, the reason according to customer service was we got the P6 on one of their promotions we had to pay the difference, the store manager did allow us bring back the sheets and mattress protector for the P6 split king and refunded us 125.00, which we are still waiting for.

They delivered the P5 with a new adjustable base and took the old adjustable base and P6 split king away on June 06, 2020. This bed is also so uncomfortable our backs also hurt just as bad, we wanted to return and just get our money back, but because we already exchanged they will not allow us to return the P5 Flex fit mattress. On June 20, 2020 we back to the store and bought a mattress topper for 300.00, because it would be 10 days for delivery we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and bought a mattress topper for 225.00. This helped a little but was not the magic bullet.

June 25, 2020 their mattress topper came, it had such a bad smell I had to let it air for a week. I tried using their topper alone, then I put their topper with the one from Bed Bath & Beyond together still no improvement. On July 12, 2020 we returned the mattress topper to Sleep number then went to JC Penney, bought a egg crate and a padded mattress pad, I put the egg crate inside the Bed Bath & Beyond topper and put the padded mattress pad over the topper, more for protection of topper than anything. We are still are not happy, our backs still hurt and still not sleeping like we did.

When Sleep Number changed their design they ruined a comfortable bed. Now we called it the torture bed, my husband is sleeping in his recliner, he gets a better night sleep, I just suck it up, too much money spent. My chiropractor loves it, because I see him more often. So now we are out of 7,500.00 dollars along with the worse night sleep ever. We are just stuck with this nightmare of a mattress, we cannot afford to get another mattress.

Conclusion: BEWARE. Save your money and your sanity, this bed is not worth it. But if you like being tortured while you sleep then this bed is for you. If you do want to try the mattress do not get the adjustable base with it, according to Sleep number that is a permanent purchase, no refunds. Try the mattress first, if you like the mattress after the trial period then purchase the adjustable base, if you do not like the mattress, and you decide to return the mattress then you are not out 3,000.00 extra dollars for the adjustable base. Also beware if you buy during promotions and exchange the mattress. You might have to pay more to get mattress you would rather have. If you do decide to buy I wish you the best of luck. You will need it.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying your mattress, Becky. I'd like to get you in touch with one of our managers, so they can review the concerns you've shared here, and see what solutions we can offer. Please send me a private reply with the best number to reach you at, and I'll get this set up.

Sincerely,

Alan S

Online Customer Care

Original review: July 16, 2020

We are sorry we didn't buy a Sleep Number bed before this, we have been checking them out for at least a year. We are getting a longer and better sleep ever than we ever had. It feels great to be full of energy all day.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Salesman from Washington, Gary **. My husband called to inquire about a sale for a Sleep Number bed to replace our old one. Salesman did NOT tell us he was submitting info for a sleep number credit card and was very pushy. Then after we decided to not purchase a bed, he was very rude, we were flooded with spam emails, calls and texts from various places. He emailed us a rude email, I again declined doing business with him. He then called and tried to push us into purchasing which he got told, "Absolutely not" after being so rude. Then I get a letter in mail saying a credit line increase was requested for the card we never activated. I called the credit card company and was transferred 8 times before someone would close the account. Absolutely a horrible experience. Will NEVER purchase from sleep number again.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
    We sincerely apologize for the experience you had, Tricia. We strive to provide all of our customers with great service, and it's clear we fell short of that goal for you and your husband. Your feedback is incredibly valuable, and we've shared your comments with our Leadership for review & follow up. If there's anything we can help with at this time, please let us know.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us