Select Comfort - Sleep Number

Sleep Number

3.9/5 (199 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

About Sleep Number

At Sleep Number, our mission is to improve lives by individualizing sleep experiences. We are here to help you sleep better with a collection of adjustable beds, mattresses, comforters, bedding sets, pillows and more. We invite you to discover what millions have already experienced - a truly individualized sleep experience for your coziest, most personalized sleep ever. Come talk to our sleep specialists in one of more than 425 mattress stores near you and find the best sleep solution with our Sleep Number beds, comfortable pillows and more. For more information & to make purchases online or over the phone, visit www.sleepnumber.com or give us a call! Know better sleep with Sleep Number.

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Comfort?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Everyone was very knowledgeable about their product(s). Roxane was my sales rep and she did a fantastic job. I am anticipating a good night's sleep on the bed I ordered! It will be delivered along with free set up which really makes me happy. Steven **

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The two Sleep Number Team Workers who delivered my bed were on time and made sure not to break any of my furniture etc when moving the bed through the apartment and into the bedroom. I definitely appreciated the work that was done and manner in which it was completed.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The Sleep Professional demonstrated numerous mattresses and options upon my request. Carla F at the Charlottesville Sleep Number Store was knowledgeable, professional, and courteous when I made my 360 c2 purchase. She was patient and answered all of my questions. I look forward to delivery, set up, and a great night’s rest. I will definitely tell family and friends.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Went into the TownSquare Las Vegas Sleep Number store, Nov 6th. Travis greeted us, seemed like a nice guy, told him I want to see the fully loaded one, walks my wife and myself over to it, we test it, tells us everything about (he did a good presentation I’ll give him that) we added other things to our order it came out to like $13k, I'm a lay down so immediately I said “we’ll take it!” Probably one of the easiest sales this store has seen. Travis tells me I’ll have my mattress in 4 weeks. I don’t get an email with shipping so I texted him about it (he told me he’d call me on a Thursday since that's my day off to go over dates to receive my products). He doesn’t call me so I call him, he lets me know things got delayed another 2 weeks. I said, "Fine no worries."

He texted me I have proof of text “Hey Kevin so it looks like the soonest available date will be just past 4 weeks. 12/9 is the soonest that’s a Friday. I have 12/10 and 12/13. Let me know what works best for you” actual copy and paste of his text. I told him Dec 13th was great, Dec 13th comes I get no confirmation so again I text Travis (he is no good at follow up). He tells me “I’ll be in the office at 10am and will see what’s good. Did you receive a call 2-3 days ago? Or any text confirmation?” I told him no confirmation. He told me he was waiting to hear back from the home delivery supervisor which is probably a lie. I'm sure Travis was probably just sitting on his thumb somewhere not trying to help me. Anyway, I called customer service myself. The lady told me I was scheduled for FEBRUARY!!!!

One of the main reasons I bought this was so my pregnant wife can enjoy some comfort, she’ll be popping by February so what the eff would of been the point of that!? I let this dude Travis what they said and what he promised do not match up and he goes “I’m not sure but I will find out. You are scheduled we’re scheduled for December 13th as of the last time we talked. All new orders are 8-10 week lead times but you ordered well prior to the change.” And I replied “Please man I paid too much to be danced around. I just want this resolved. I feel like I been pretty easy client so far. I just don’t understand the miscommunication between your store and the delivery people.” (I think I was still being cool about it.)

Customer service lady was able to help me get the delivery by Jan 3rd (Yesterday) and our mattress isn’t working properly so that's disappointing. I had to handle the issue myself when I was promised by Travis “manager” he would help me. Make him work with the delivery team so he knows what hard work is and maybe that way he’ll stop overpromising customers.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We sincerely apologize for your experience, Kevin, and for the frustration it has caused. We've made sure to pass your feedback on to our store leadership for training and review purposes. If you have any other questions we can help with please don't hesitate to reach out to us using the link below.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Into the store during a storm last minute before Christmas. Gentlemen at the store was extremely helpful In the Sleep Number. People kept me up-to-date with everything that was going on step-by-step, told me what I needed to do and when they would be there, made me feel very comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Good Customer service is extremely hard to come by these days. If everyone was as professional and caring as the lady I had, I’d be giving out more of these type of reviews. I’m very appreciative for her taking the time to help answer my questions, having personal talk and locating the right pieces I needed for my bed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

My i8 Bed deflated and couldn't be pumped. Sleep Number sent their technicians to troubleshoot the problem. They recommended replacement of the foam, pump and remote control. I placed order for these parts in April 2022. I received the last part in December 2022. That's eight months that I had to sleep on a broken bed. This kind of service is unacceptable.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We can certainly take a closer look at your concerns and we'd recommend reaching out to our phone team to see how they're able to help.

1-888-411-2270 (8AM-8PM CST M-F, 8:30AM-5PM CST Saturday)

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Not happy. When you purchase bed you hear wonderful warranty. But when it is delivered you have 3 days to send it in. If you can find it online you have to look in the frame to find the serial number, otherwise the warranty is null and void.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Catherine. Generally, the serial number is located on the side frame on the sleeper right near the foot. It can start 0612P, 0901P, 0797P, 0906P and is followed by 8 digits.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Hi I'm Don. My Sleep Number is nothing. I have had a top of the line Sleep Number for almost two months! I have not had a decent night's sleep for two months! The under bed light stays on all night and will not go off, the air does not work on my side (well it did work once when I had it turned off). Furthermore the "foot warmer warms my feet quite well - but not my feet.. Additionally I have found out Sleep Number can access your bed (privacy issue I was NOT informed about).

"Heather B" the "sleep professional" also forgot to mention if you wish to return your bed you can! Just you cannot return the frame which puts me on the hook for over $3K. I was not informed about that either. Shelly Ibach, the Sleep Number CEO makes over $9.6M a year while the stock has sunk from almost $80.00 a share to just above 26.00 a share in the past year. This product is a scam, a sham and while they may not lie to you they sure don't mention things you need to know. "It's in the paperwork you signed." Beware of Sleep Number!

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We can certainly take a closer look at your bed concerns and see how we're able to help to start sleeping better. While we're unable to make an exception to the 100 Night In Home Trial we'd recommend you continue to reach out to your case manager for help finding a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Our compressor on our Sleep Number bought in 2011 quit working. We called customer service to get a new one. The representative could not find our information. We called the Lake Charles store, Hannah ** could not find phone, address, name. She asked about another name. I told her **, but not when we bought. She researched and found that my son, who bought his bed in 2021, had our info in his assets account. Hannah found it! Smooth sailing after that. Kathy in customer service took care of our compressor.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

From the sales person to the delivery guy it was really and truly a wonderful experience. The people were nice the product was great and literally sold itself. Thank you Sleep Number. My wife enjoys Her Christmas present. I saw reviews on YouTube negative reviews wasn't true. I enjoyed the sleep number bed. No noise, no hassles, just pure good sleep.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

Very knowledgeable crew, the communication with the customer is spot on. The most professional delivery service I’ve ever received/seen. Arrived on time, very fast setup, answered any questions we had. Noticed I purchased a bed protector and they asked if they could put it on for us. Cleaned up any plastic or boxes that needed to be thrown away.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

I already sent in a review. Sent 12/20/22. I received an email thanking me for sending in a review. I went to your website and chose to see reviews. It was like I figured would happen was you did not make my review available for public review. I feel you guys at Sleep Number have deceptive business practices. This is such a shame for you make such a good quality product and to provide this kind of customer service. Terrible..

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

Hi Robert, generally our bed can be controlled with the app on the smart phone instead of a remote. Occasionally, the app does need to be updated, and once the update completes the app can be continue to be used. If you have questions about using the app just reach out to our SleepIQ experts at the number below.

1-877-252-7813 from 8AM-8PM CST M-F or from 8:30AM-5PM on Saturdays

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

From sales thru delivery, the Sleep Number has been fantastic! I highly recommend the Louisville Shelbyville Road team (Joey). The team from Lexington Delivery Center was equally impressive and knew the product deeply. They even did a complete software and system review for start up. Great team!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

We went into the store to make a purchase as long as 2 criteria were met for us. I let the Sales Associate know this within minutes of the greeting. Instead of engaging in the process to close out the sale, he took us through the process of familiarizing us with the product and product options. By the end, I was glad he took that approach. Though we went in looking to buy, we left with the confidence we had made the right decision because of the time he took to familiarize us with the product.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

The efficiency, knowledge and professionalism of our technicians was noted immediately. Both were friendly and respectful! The ordering process was so simple and we got an amazing deal! Thank you for giving us a positive experience from beginning to end!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Delivery went extremely well. The delivery team arrived on time and completed setup within the time frame allowed. They were very professional and patient. They took the time to answer and explain all of my questions during their delivery. They were very professional and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

From Justin in the showroom to Larry and Sean on the delivery/set up truck, we have received nothing but excellent service and communication regarding our new bed. We received texts, phone calls and all three answered every question we had and made us feel very comfortable. Thank you guys for such a pleasant purchasing experience. Looking forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Very pleased with Sleep Number at Kendall Dr. & 126th Avenue. Michelle was the person that sold me the mattress, she was very professional and knowledgeable, also had a lot of patience with me. If anybody goes to that store, please ask for her, you will not regret doing business with her.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

The in store staff was phenomenal and so was customer service online. I am however extremely displeased with the company themselves. They advertise a money back guarantee within 100 days of service but don't tell you about the $500 dollars you have to pay for pickup and delivery that is nonrefundable. They also don't tell you about the shipping and handling that you are accountable for. We went in to the store hoping we found a bed that would work. Wound up having to take out a $3000 loan and put $800 down on top of it and by the end of all the fees after we returned a bed that didn't work we wound up owing $280 to our loan and no money back in our accounts. This loan is continuing to accrue interest because of the hidden fees. So when it comes down to it we are still paying $1000 on a bed we don't even have.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response
We want all of our owners to understand we offer a 100 Night In-Home Trial, rather than a risk free trial. In the event of a return there are fees if our owners decide their beds aren't a fit for them. Additionally, some final sale items are unable to be returned or exchanged. You can find the details of our 100 Night In-Home Trial by clicking the link below.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I just received an i8 bed. The delivery personnel were great. The bed is off-gassing horrendously despite being told the split king mattress was chemical-free. We were outright lied to over and over for two hours despite our concerns when buying it. We are now stuck with a king bedframe we do not need and wouldn't have purchased had we received full disclosure. I have major chemical allergies and no way to escape the poison enveloping my small home. I've been sick since and we have no choice but to sleep on a couch until it gets picked up. Not sure when that will happen. I will be filing a complaint with the FTC over shoddy business practices. Refusing to take back the expensive bed frame forces many consumers to keep their beds despite the dangers from the poisons they emit.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

​Due to the way foam is created, gasses are trapped in the bubbles. These gases, while safe, are quite odorous. Some people may call in overwhelmed, worried, or sensitive to the smell. The odor has been proven to be harmless. We do not use Formaldehyde in the creation of our foam. A dryer sheet can be placed (scented or unscented) between their mattress pad and mattress until the odor dissipates.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I purchased a Sleep Number bed with John from the Hbg store and he was fantastic. Very knowledgeable and helpful and the experience started out well. I was disappointed that the bed would take almost 5 weeks to be delivered, but that was not a big deal. My wife and I kept the bed for 30 days and unfortunately did not have a good sleep experience so we decided to return the bed. We just couldn't find a good number and we woke up every morning with back pain. I was told there would be a $250 return fee which I was not happy about but reluctantly agreed and just wanted to get rid of the bed. They then tell me it would be another 5 weeks until they could come get the bed, which I was not happy.

So after 5 weeks of waiting they finally show up to pick up my queen mattress. The guys from the warehouse back into my driveway and proceed to take my mattress and place it into their van. After it is loaded they pull out of my driveway, which is surrounded by woods, drive 30 feet around the corner to conceal themselves behind the trees and proceed to throw out 2 old box springs from their van onto my property right along side the road. (See the pictures for proof) I do not own any box springs and I was not returning any box springs, only a mattress. I then call customer service and spoke with Tiffani ** who could not have cared less about what I was describing to her.

She advised me that they would not be able to send someone back for 12 days, which I of course told her was completely unacceptable. I then ask her for a refund of my $250 fee as I do not feel I should be paying for you to come get my bed and then have your drivers throw 2 box springs onto my property. Tiffani refused to refund my money stating that they charge every customer this return fee and (I'm not kidding she actually said this) it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if they were charged the fee and I was not. (Seriously she said this) At which time I got a little upset and asked her if her drivers threw box springs into every customers yard after a pick up, because that would be fair to everyone as well.

To which she just chuckled on the phone and said of course they don't do that. Anyways she still refused to refund my money and I have not heard back from anyone concerning this matter. (And by the way, someone did return that evening to get the box springs left on my property) After this I placed a phone call to Dustin at the Harrisburg store advising him of this incident and he seemed to take it very seriously, he even had me text him the photos you see here. He advised me that he was going to email his regional manager as well as CC the vice president of the company. I do not know if this actually took place but I have still not heard from anyone at sleep number and have not been refunded my $250 fee. I will never again be doing business with this company and I will STRONGLY encourage anyone I know that is looking to buy a mattress to stay away from your company. Your customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We're sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for, and we'd like to take a closer look into your concerns to see how we're able to help. Just send us a Private Response with your order information and additional details.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We loved the bed and all of its bells and whistles. We bought it! We were so impressed that we bought the bed, the mattress pad, the sheets and 2 pillows. The associate that helped us was very knowledgeable and explained everything to us and was very patient to answer all of our questions! We were most impressed with her.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

This review is regarding the Sleep Number C4 bed and not the install experience. TL;DR - we got a sleep number C4 mattress. It cost a small fortune, but doesn't offer great features or build quality for the price. That plus the obscene fees sleep number charges its customers makes this purchase feel like a GIGANTIC MISTAKE. A lot of folks call SN a glorified air mattress and you know what? They're not wrong. We paid $1,600 for this bed + $250 in delivery fees + CA state taxes. That's a LOT of money! What we got in exchange for this price is a product that feels flimsy and barebones. The quality seems fine and it's more comfortable than the Leesa Legend we're replacing (more on that below)--the issue is that this is the price of a luxury bed and what we got in exchange is something that feels cheap and low quality.

There is a good chance I will return this bed, but SN charges a $250 return fee during their so called "100 night trial" (!!!), which is obscene--the bed is so light I could lift it up over my head with one hand if it weren't, an unwieldy queen size mattress. A trial period should not involve delivery and return fees. This is a standard practice at other mattress companies, just not SN. Anyway you slice it, it's greedy and insane.

Why do I feel this way? This bed is a replacement for the Leesa Legend mattress we got from Costco for $1,250. Great quality product, high quality materials, well made, owned by a B Corp, offers free returns during their 100 night trial period--the issue is that it is too soft--every morning, I would wake up feeling like I got in a fight with the mattress and the mattress won, so I bought SN, hoping that would resolve the issues I was having.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We can certainly take a closer look at your concerns and we want our owners to know we offer a 100 Night In Home Trial, rather than a risk-free trial, as there are fees associated with the initial delivery, as well as the return should our owners decide their beds aren't a fit for them. Also there are some items that are unable to be returned or exchanged. For more info just follow the link below.

sleepnumber.com/contact-us

sleepnumber.com/legal-notices/terms-conditions

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

We bought a $6000+ bed in January 2022. Our bed has never seen more action! The air inflates and deflates all on its own, all night long. Then the base stopped working properly. When you try to call you get put on hold for hours or are asked to allow them to call you back in 1-3 hours. That's for the mattress. Oh, when they finally take you off of hold, you hear a baby screaming in the background, you say "hello, hello, hello" and then you get cut off. The base - you are on your own to try to coordinate service through a company called Legget & Plapp who made your base. Sleep Number doesn't deal with problems on the base because they contract with Legget & Plapp to make all of their bases. Again, you need to take your bed apart to find the serial number or they won't even take the call.

We bought this bed from Sleep Number not Legget & Plapp!!!!! It has been two weeks since the technicians came and told us we needed a new pump and that they would order it. There is nothing in our records indicating that they have done that. We have heard nothing since they left. The base was not addressed, BECAUSE THEY DON'T SERVICE THE BASE!!!! My husband has been sleeping sitting up for two weeks because the base is stuck in the sit position and the bed goes up and down all night long - not for the reasons one would hope. Salesman Chris in Duluth has gone above and beyond to try to get customer service to help us but even he has no pull. Our first Sleep Number lasted 30 years, this one about 9 months. If you want to consider buying a new bed - GO ELSEWHERE. Sleep Number is not worth your frustration.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number response

We sorry this hasn't been the experience you hoped for and we apologize for the frustration it's caused. While Sleep Number holds and the limited warranty for the mattress and services it, Legget and Platt, manufactures the adjustable base and as such they hold the limited warranty for the adjustable base. We've included a phone number you can use to reach out to their phone team.

1-800-888-3078, Monday — Friday

8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern time

Saturday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm Eastern time

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Received my i8 mattress yesterday. 11-15-2022 first night sleep in 18 plus years I didn't wake up with back pain, shoulder pain or combination of both. Never going back to a traditional mattress. I've tried different styles, brands only to have the same results - unmitigated pain. Sleep Number Is My New Normal.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

This young man went out of his way to make us feel welcome and answered all our questions I can't say enough how much we appreciate him. I will recommend Sleep Number to all my friends and family and already have.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Carla was so efficient. She knew exactly how to solve my problem, and was so pleasant and easy to work with. Her ability and helpful skills made it so easy. I’ve been sharing how good she was for two days now. She was that good!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I am writing this review because of the most amazing experience ever on buying a mattress which I have done several times in my lifetime and would recommend Mr. Nick ** to be the one to see if anybody is looking for a mattress to go to Sleep Number at the Winter Park Store Location and you will not be disappointed in your purchase!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Everything from our sales rep (Shawnda?), to the communication (emails and texts) waiting for the order to the delivery (Keith and his team were right on time) was fantastic. The bed is great! Highly recommend.

Select Comfort - Sleep Number Company Information