2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop on Mattress Firm
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for 65 years. Its Posturepedic mattresses are durable and feature award-winning designs that promote a good night's sleep. Its cooling technology and Posturepedic memory foam create a comfortable place to sleep. While the mattresses can be heavy and slightly more expensive than others, most customers report being happy with the company's quality and exceptional customer support.

BOTTOM LINE

Sealy mattresses come in a wide range of sizes and styles. Prices are higher than some competitors, but models offer effective temperature control and Posturepedic technology. Sealy materials are breathable.

PROS

• Posturepedic technology
  • Temperature control
  • Wide selection

CONS

• Higher price
  • Mattresses are bulky/hard to move

Top Sealy Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

… So we went back to a Sealy — got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years. ... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. ... I wasn't pleased that our original mattress failed so quickly, but Sealy stood behind their product.

Sealy mattress prices

Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses cost between $399 and $1,999 for a queen-size bed. Since Sealy partners with top retailers like Kane's Furniture, Macy's and Ashley HomeStore, the delivery cost varies based on the specific retailer's delivery policy. You can also purchase your mattress directly from Sealy online. The company regularly offers deals and promotions on its website, and standard shipping is free.

Sealy mattress models

Sealy offers four innovative mattress models designed with your ultimate sleep comfort in mind. The models cater to a variety of different sleep styles, budgets and design preferences.

Cocoon by Sealy
    The Cocoon is a premium memory foam mattress that features cooling technology for those who get hot when they sleep. The Cocoon comes with extra-firm or medium-firm support and adjusts to your body size, shape and sleep position. The price for a queen-size Cocoon mattress is $697.50.
    Sealy Response Line
    These traditional, innerspring mattresses offer consistent support and respond to your movement. The Response Line includes the Premium, Performance and Essential models.
    • Response Essential: Starting at $399 for a queen-size, Sealy Response Essential mattresses feature stretch-knit cover, SealyCushion Air Foam and SolidEdge HD system. Essential mattresses are available in plush, cushion and firm models.
    • Response Performance: Response Performance mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size mattress and feature Posturepedic technology, SealyCool gel foam and the DuraFlex Edge system.
    • Response Premium: Starting at $1,299 for a queen, Response Premium mattresses feature Posturepedic technology, a SupremeLoft cover with moisture and allergen protection, air foam, gel foam and the DuraFlex edge system.
    Sealy Conform Line
    These body-conforming mattresses combine foam, memory foam and advanced gel foam. The dense foam combination is part of the Posturepedic technology, and the company uses SealySupport gel foam as the base layer on all Conform mattresses to provide flexible and durable support.
    • Conform Essential: Starting at $499 for a queen, Conform Essential mattresses feature standard support, Sealy ComfortSense foam and gel foam. Essential Conform mattresses are available in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
    • Conform Performance: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Conform Performance mattresses feature memory and gel foam. Conform Performance mattresses are available with Posturepedic support in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
    • Conform Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Conform Premium mattresses feature Sealy ComfortSense foam, gel foam, memory foam and Posturepedic technology. Mattresses are available in firm and ultra-plush models.
    Sealy Hybrid Line
    Sealy’s Hybrid mattress collection features 20% more coils than other models and uses memory foam to contour to your body and adjust to your sleep position.
    • Hybrid Essential: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Hybrid Essential mattresses feature are firm and feature an Ultra-Stretch knit cover with moisture-wicking technology, a top layer of comfort foam and encased coils.
    • Hybrid Performance: Starting at $1,599 for a queen, Hybrid Performance mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill Technology, an encased coil system and Posturepedic technology. Hybrid Performance mattresses are available in cushion firm, firm and plush models.
    • Hybrid Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Hybrid Premium mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam, cooling gel and an encased coil system. Hybrid Premium mattresses are available in firm, plush and extra plush models.

Comparison of Sealy mattress collections

Mattress collectionMaterialEdge systemStarting price*
    Sealy CocoonMemory foam$697.50
    Sealy ResponseInnerspring$399 - $1,299
    Sealy ConformMemory foam $499 - $1,999
    Sealy Hybrid Innerspring + memory foam$1,099 - $1,999
    *For a queen-size mattress

Sealy mattress FAQ

How much do Sealy mattresses cost?
    Sealy mattresses cost between $399 and $2,499. The wide range in price reflects the many different models, sizes and extra features that enhance your sleep experience.
    Who sells Sealy mattresses?
    Sealy partners with retailers like Mattress Firm, Hudson's Furniture, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, Big Lots and other home and furniture stores across the country. You can use the retail finder tool on the Sealy website to find a store near you that sells Sealy mattresses. You can also buy your mattress online.
    Are all Sealy mattresses Posturepedic?
    Yes, all Sealy mattresses integrate Posturepedic technology to offer targeted support to your back and core while you sleep.
    Where are Sealy mattresses made?
    Sealy manufactures all its mattresses in the United States.
    What is Sealy's return policy?
    Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses. If you're unhappy with your mattress for any reason after 30 days, Sealy works with you to address your concerns. If you are still dissatisfied, you can return your mattress for a refund.
    Is Sealy Posturepedic memory foam?
    Yes, Sealy makes its Posturepedic mattresses with a combination of memory and gel foam. This memory foam combines superior support with soft materials that contour to your body and adjust to your size, shape and sleeping position.
    What is the best Sealy mattress?
    The Cocoon mattress is Sealy's most advanced model and often considered the best mattress the company manufactures. However, Sealy designs every mattress for comfort and a good night's sleep.

Is Sealy a good mattress?

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for more than 65 years. It consistently creates and designs innovative products that focus on support and comfort. Sealy goes above and beyond industry standards to construct every mattress with superior materials and thoroughly tests them to ensure a quality product.

Sealy Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: May 14, 2020

The mattress I bought was a Sealy Posture pedic. The salesperson was very friendly, and knowledgeable. They provided zero percent financing for five years, which really sealed the deal for me. The mattress is the MOST comfortable mattress I have ever slept on, and all of my friends and family, who tried out the mattress, all loved it. Several of them went out immediately and purchased the same mattress from the same Company. I highly recommend the Sealy Company and their Posture-Pedic mattress.

Original review: May 8, 2020

My experience is like laying on a very great piece of cotton floating on water that is so calm and relaxing that sometimes I don’t want to get up out of the bed. I would surely recommend that anyone who has restless nights and problems getting a good night’s sleep that these will without a doubt are what you need to solve your problem. You will never want to try another brand and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone at all.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

The mattress is very comfortable with no marks off for the end product. I paid cash, but financing options seemed a bit expensive if you got the "90 Days Same As Cash" plan, but then would owe a huge amount of interest if you couldn't pay it off by then. The salesman mentioned other ways to pay, but didn't go into detail. Delivery was very reasonable and the men who delivered my new mattress were very professional and helpful setting the mattress up.

Original review: April 24, 2020

It's been a few years since we bought the mattress but I love it! I sleep so good! Almost too good. Sometimes 11 hours at a stretch. When the time comes I will look at Sealy mattresses first, I did not like the way the warranty was, though. I had to buy a mattress cover in order to use the warranty and when I did use it they gave me a bunch of flak. So next time I won't buy the warranty. Other than that it's great!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. The filing process was easy and user friendly. (As long as you keep your receipts, tags and other important documents) After providing pictures showing the state of our mattress, our claim was processed and approved. We were told to expect 6 to 8 weeks for our mattress to be delivered. The whole process from start to finish was 2 weeks. I was floored. I have never, ever had such a pleasant experience in a claim situation. I wasnt pleased that our original mattress failed so quickly, but Sealy stood behind their product.

Original review: July 5, 2020

When I bought the bed and mattress which cost just under £1,000 they had said the mattress was marked and would I accept it till my new mattress was ordered. Received new mattress and it's marked as well both sides and tried to fob me off with the mattress and only offering £50 refund. Took up consumer advice and said £100 is acceptable as said to save the hassle of waiting for the new mattress. I'd be better just keeping the mattress. Certainly wouldn't recommend Sealy if they try and fob you off with a marked mattress. 0/10 Poor poor service. If I could give them no star rating instead of the one star I would. Very poor.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I purchased a Sealy Posturepedic firm queen mattress only 5 months ago. I am noticing a severe dip in the middle of the mattress ALREADY. I sink into the mattress, which makes it difficult to get out of bed without grabbing onto something to pull me out of the sinkhole. Since I purchased the mattress from JCPenney, I called their customer service first, waiting for more than ONE HOUR to speak with someone. Then, JCPenney will charge me 15% restocking fee plus $85 pickup fee to take this sinking mattress back to the store. AND, in order to get ANY money back from this cheap-sinking mattress, I will need to purchase another mattress from only JCPenney. So, I am not sure which is worse - the sad, sinkhole mattress or the store which sells them.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Advertised 10 years warranty but after 4 years structure of the mattress squashed. Contacted customer service. After lots of communications did not resolve the problem. I have developed back pain from this mattress. Very bad experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Two months after purchase of this mattress (at Leon's Brampton), bumps were noticed. One in particular very tangible. I claimed it to Leon's. They asked me to professional cleaned the mattress. I did. They denied warranty because of a light stain. According to them it was Sealy who denied the claim. How a mattress that costs almost 900 can end with bumps so quickly and they don't do anything for you?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I sleep comfortably on it. It is a heavy mattress and too much weight for an elevator motor. The store Mattress Giant has closed now. It was on Miramar parkway/Dykes road junction. They gave also gave 2 pillows as a gift. It was a good and friendly store. I recommend it.

Sealy Mattress Company Information