2.66/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

520 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a good Sealy Posturepedic mattress at least 35 years ago. It's a double and I sleep on it alone. I turn it and flip it at least 3 or 4 times a year. About 25 years ago I put a 3 inch memory foam pad on top of it and I keep two of the expensive bamboo quilted mattress covers on top of that. It sleeps like the most expensive mattress on the market today. The original mattress is still in excellent condition.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I recently purchased the Sealy mattress and I'm so far extremely pleased with it, no more back aches, no more trying to get out of bed. Prior, I had 2 of the box mattresses and returned them both. Purchased a Sleep Number mattress based on all the great reviews (Sleep Number's website). I couldn't be more upset, displeased with a mattress. It's an air bag in the center, surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress enclosed. The mattress is supposed to conform to your pressure points. It certainly did, to all of the valleys in the mattress, to the valley between the mattress and its foam border. I kept adjusting the air pressure in the mattress, to no avail. My back has been killing me due to this mattress. The Sealy I purchased is firm, supports my back and the rest of my body.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

In the city where I live, there's a Sealy factory. The mattress and box spring came from this factory; to order. I've had the mattress over 10 years! It has yet to develop indentations; soft spots, or lose its overall firmness. It's not a pillow top, so I'm able to rotate and flip the mattress. I have no plans to replace it in the foreseeable future.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Casper mattress and adjustable base. The mattress was okay but didn’t work well on the base so returned both and purchased a soft Sealy mattress and base. Mattress hurt my back and neck so returned that mattress for a firmer one which has been good so far about 30 days sleeping on that one. Rather regret that I didn’t try the Avocado Green Mattress which has a very good rating.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our longest lasting mattress was a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic which lasted almost 20 years. The next two were Beautyrest - a queen plush top that was not comfortable too firm, and a king cushion - top that began to show where we slept within one year. So we went back to a Sealy -- Got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: July 16, 2019

This company is a joke... I have been fighting with them for over 2 months trying to get my mattress delivered. I was approved for a warranty and they cannot get their ** straight to get one to me. They lie every time I am on the phone with them. They lost the mattress, they changed the delivery service twice and their delivery services have canceled the delivery 3 times without even calling me. Now the new delivery service says they do not even have our mattress. They offer no resolution nor answers. Customer service is no help, you never get the same person and what one will tell you in one instance another will tell you a completely different story.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a Macy bed mattress for 12 years and loved it. After cosleeping with two kids it developed a hump in the center. (Husband and I sleeping on opposite sides with the lighter weight kids sleeping in the middle. So the perimeter began to sag but the center did not.) Despite that I still loved the mattress but my husband was ready for a new one. After A LOT of research and a visit to the furniture store (Price was a huge factor.) we decided on the Sealy Beach Street firm mattress. I hate it. I hate it so much I want to cry. I want my Macy bed back. Within a week of sleeping on it (no more kids in the bed) it developed a hump in the center. Mattresses are most definitely a "get what you pay for" item and quality is not cheap. But I will most definitely not be purchasing Sealy in the future.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We purchased the above mattress from Sealy 2 years ago. Before hand had no trouble what so ever with our backs, oh my goodness do we wish we had never ever purchased this mattress. After a very short time the mattress started to sag in the middle, it was like sleeping in a canoe. We contacted Sealy and they were not interested, after pestering them constantly they came out and smoothed out the indentation and then measured it.

When I asked the Sealy rep about this he said this is how they do it. I said that is a waste of time and not giving a correct measurement, he didn't care. Sealy did not do anything and tried to get us to simply go to the shop. The shop did nothing and after much backwards and forwarding nothing happened. An absolute waste of money. We both have bad backs now. In fact my husband had to go via ambulance to the hospital over back spasms. I have tried for 2 years to get help from Sealy they are absolutely not interested. Do not buy from them, I wish I had of read these reviews before we wasted all our money.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We are a couple in our early 50’s that didn’t abuse the mattress and used it very normally. The mattress has failed and is unusable as I sleep in a hole on one side and when laying on it, it has a large bulk in the center area that literally pushes you off the bed. It’s not comfortable, not usable. In filing a warranty claim, we were run through the gambit only to be told the mattress wasn't sagging enough visibly. After only 5 years of normal use, now they won't cover the failed mattress? Sealy has lost a customer for life as we’ll never purchase another Sealy product, and we'll let our friends and as many people know as possible about the poor quality of your product and our experience.

Sealy mattress is crap and so is the warranty coverage. Sealy puts money and profit ahead of its product quality and customer experience. For a combo spring/foam mattress to be covered it has to visibly show sagging of 1.5” or more. Unless the springs literally broke in two or fell out of the bottom, you won't be covered. Sealy has certainly made a warranty to cover their ** so it never actually has to provide a new product in the case of a failing mattress. Good work Sealy, you represent America well! I now know why the mattress business is run like a used car dealership. You are giving the already tattered mattress industry a bad name. As buyers in the future of mattresses, we’ll be very aware of the scams. Buyer of Sealy products beware.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased three mattress from Mattress One less than two years ago. Two are Mambo Plush Pillow Top Queen, and One is a Foxtrot Plush Pillow Top Queen. The two Mambo Plush are practically unusable. They have indentations of over 1 1/2 inches. When I turned the mattress, it happened on the again. I contact Sealy who wants to charge me $140 to deliver a new one, and 65 to take the old one.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Seven years ago, we purchased a Stearns & Foster mattress with a 10 year warranty from Carson Pirie Scott. Things were good for six years. I started having more trouble getting sound sleep, my back and hips started aching and I couldn’t get comfortable. Then I noticed a dip where my bottom rests. After exploring other possibilities that could be causing my severe body pain, I considered the bed being a major issue. I turned it around so the dip was on my partner’s side. The problem is improved somewhat, at least for me.... I shudder to think what the next months will bring. Since it is under warranty, I contacted Stearns & Foster, who told me to go to Sealy’s website and make a claim. I did that and was told to contact the store I bought it at.

Carson’s declared bankruptcy over a year ago, but apparently, some other company bought their name. I was directed to call them and they directed me to a warranty company called Serveco.com, since they only bought the name and not the responsibilities that go with the old company. I heard back from Sealy, also directing me to Serveco. I filed a claim with Serveco, only to be told that I need to file my claim with Stearns & Foster. I forwarded the Serveco response to Sealy and will forward the Sealy response to Serveco. If the mattress is only good for seven years, why do they give a ten year warranty?

Original review: June 5, 2019

Sealy is not the company it was. I purchase my copper plush hybrid mattress and foundation July 2016 for over $ 1400.00, it has caused me terrible back issues. Self says it has to sag over an inch deep for the warranty to cover the cost of replacement. This mattress doesn’t sag but has no support at all... But it’s not sagging. What a joke... Stay away!

Original review: June 1, 2019

We bought Sealy mattress with my husband 4 years ago. A year later, the mattress began to sag in the middle. As a result we both had back pain in the morning. Yet we bought one of the most expensive mattresses of this brand it kept sagging more and more and eventually pushed us to sleep on the floor. We contacted the store, they sent a specialist. He did his magic and concluded that the mattress sagged 1.5 inches, and to qualify for exchange it has to be 2 inches. At that time I was pregnant and the back pain was excruciating. I called the support service and was reassured that the mattress did not sag in the middle - I was told it's all in my head. My requests to escalate the complaint or speak with the manager were rudely denied. I am terribly disappointed with my mattress choice and the level of customer service. I would not recommend you to spend money on it.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Purchased top end Sealy bed. Was told by salesman it was “the Rolls Royce of beds”. Convinced husband it was worth the 6k. Was reassured by salesman that the warranty covered sag depth of 1.5 inches. Made him show me on a ruler. 12 months in - our bed had huge indentations in it and the sag was rock hard. Both of us developed back trouble. Got the company out to see, and I got told that the 1.5 inch was not correct. The Sealy warranty was based on “reasonable sag” (no measurement stated). Sealy would not pay out. Harvey ** would not cover it either. The worst rip off ever. We sold the bed for $50 (as it was hideously uncomfortable). We paid off the (nearly) $6500. We wrote to Sealy repeatedly, they kept replying saying it must be moisture levels. We always had a waterproof cover on it at all times (sold to us WITH the bed). The worst bed with the shortest life span ever. BE WARNED.

Original review: May 28, 2019

We bought a Sealy Hybrid mattress at the beginning of April, 2019. My wife, from day 1, told me it was not good… It was humpy. From my side of the bed, things appeared alright. But we went to the furniture company and complained, regardless. After a week, they sent someone out to check the bed out. This guy from 100 miles away looked at the supports. He laid some string across the top to make sure it was straight. Everything checked out from his perspective. BUT he did not lay in it. Two days ago I switched sides with my wife. And her side did sag. It felt like I was about to roll out of bed. This bed is less than 2 months old! I sent a nasty gram to Sealy this morning. I called my furniture store [again]. We will see what happens.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am currently on my third Sealy mattress in 5 years. The first one I bought had over a 2 inch sag in the middle after a year and a half. Sealy replaced that one with a cheaper, less comfortable model; but a new mattress none the less. After another year and a half the second mattress developed a sag in the middle again, but this time it was just over an inch, and due to back pain I had to replace it myself. Foolishly enough I bought another Sealy mattress and surprise surprise, it sags in the middle. This will definitely be my last Sealy!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Great 100. I enjoy my sleeping on it - never restless. It so back release I have no problem. Gone to sleep. The best-selling in my words. I at this time I wouldn't trade in unless you remake one that more comfortable for me that have to be the same brand.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought one of those hybrid mattresses. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. I like a firm mattress, my husband likes a little less firm than myself. This hybrid mattress was the perfect fit for both of us. It’s not one of those temperatures controlled mattresses, but somehow it feels cooler than most traditional ones. We love it and would highly recommend it!

Original review: April 15, 2019

We recently purchased a Sealy King Impeccable Grace mattress. Love the firmness. PERFECT for us. I love how it cradles you and does not make you sweat. What else can I say. Try it... you'll LOVE it too!

Original review: April 14, 2019

The first year and a half were fantastic. Now it caused hip and back pain. I have even had more night sweats than ever. I am currently shopping for a more cooling mattress that I can't feel the build of the mattress as I sleep ie coils.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Horrible, nasty, smelly. The springs came loose. I thought I was in the middle of a crossfire. I had really bad nightmares due to the uncomfortable way I was resting. It's been years. I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep.

Original review: April 13, 2019

It's a pretty good mattress for the price, but I don't seem to sleep through the night. Lots of tossing and turning. I've been thinking about trying the Purple mattress but I don't know very much about it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Mattress got sag in it. There’s a measurement. It has to get to to be defective, 1 1/2 inches deep. Mine is 1” deep. Any sag isn’t acceptable, called co. That’s what they said. Sad you spend all that money and co’s are able to do that.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Wonderful but is 18 years old and my needs have changed. I have more arthritis and muscle pain and I have fibromyalgia. I sleep good, but wake up very stiff and sore. The mattress I have now is firm.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had nothing but good experiences with this brand. I find it comfortable, allowing me to sleep well. Their mattresses are durable, lasting for a long time. They offer a good value for the price.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have comfortably used it for over ten years and found it to be very durable and easy to maintain. It is flexible and I have been able to comfortably sleep on it when injured. Further the price was very reasonable and purchasing it was very easy.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The mattress is too firm for me. It is an adjustable queen size bed. The vibrating feature is a waste of money. It is okay. But I prefer a mattress softer. Disappointed in the adjustable feature, not for short people with fibromyalgia and back issue.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Sags under my weight and too big for me to turn alone. Had for 10 years. Should be more comfy (I am 65 and 115 pounds). Because I am short, and the frame the mattress sits on places it too high above the floor, I literally have to climb up to get in bed —and that is unpleasant.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Mattress went hard way too fast. We purchased a high end mattress that seemed fine for about 4 years and then got steadily harder now we need a foam pad. Hard to judge when it happens but reviews help to choose based on real life experience.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My mattress is rather old now. It was excellent when purchased and held up very well. It's just that we are in a whole new era of mattress making and this one does not fit the bill anymore. One of my biggest complaints is, if you can't afford top of the line...you lose!

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information