4.0/5 (555 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Sealy Mattress

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for 65 years. Its Posturepedic mattresses are durable and feature award-winning designs that promote a good night's sleep. Its cooling technology and Posturepedic memory foam create a comfortable place to sleep. While the mattresses can be heavy and slightly more expensive than others, most customers report being happy with the company's quality and exceptional customer support.

Pros

• Posturepedic technology
  • Temperature control
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Higher price
  • Mattresses are bulky/hard to move

Bottom Line

Sealy mattresses come in a wide range of sizes and styles. Prices are higher than some competitors, but models offer effective temperature control and Posturepedic technology. Sealy materials are breathable.

Top Sealy Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… So we went back to a Sealy — got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years. ... So far so good. I often think of ho...

Verified

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. ... I wasn't pleased tha...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Sealy mattress prices

Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses cost between $399 and $1,999 for a queen-size bed. Since Sealy partners with top retailers like Kane's Furniture, Macy's and Ashley HomeStore, the delivery cost varies based on the specific retailer's delivery policy. You can also purchase your mattress directly from Sealy online. The company regularly offers deals and promotions on its website, and standard shipping is free.

Sealy mattress models

Sealy offers four innovative mattress models designed with your ultimate sleep comfort in mind. The models cater to a variety of different sleep styles, budgets and design preferences.

Cocoon by Sealy
The Cocoon is a premium memory foam mattress that features cooling technology for those who get hot when they sleep. The Cocoon comes with extra-firm or medium-firm support and adjusts to your body size, shape and sleep position. The price for a queen-size Cocoon mattress is $697.50.
Sealy Response Line
These traditional, innerspring mattresses offer consistent support and respond to your movement. The Response Line includes the Premium, Performance and Essential models.
  • Response Essential: Starting at $399 for a queen-size, Sealy Response Essential mattresses feature stretch-knit cover, SealyCushion Air Foam and SolidEdge HD system. Essential mattresses are available in plush, cushion and firm models.
  • Response Performance: Response Performance mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size mattress and feature Posturepedic technology, SealyCool gel foam and the DuraFlex Edge system.
  • Response Premium: Starting at $1,299 for a queen, Response Premium mattresses feature Posturepedic technology, a SupremeLoft cover with moisture and allergen protection, air foam, gel foam and the DuraFlex edge system.
Sealy Conform Line
These body-conforming mattresses combine foam, memory foam and advanced gel foam. The dense foam combination is part of the Posturepedic technology, and the company uses SealySupport gel foam as the base layer on all Conform mattresses to provide flexible and durable support.
  • Conform Essential: Starting at $499 for a queen, Conform Essential mattresses feature standard support, Sealy ComfortSense foam and gel foam. Essential Conform mattresses are available in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Performance: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Conform Performance mattresses feature memory and gel foam. Conform Performance mattresses are available with Posturepedic support in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Conform Premium mattresses feature Sealy ComfortSense foam, gel foam, memory foam and Posturepedic technology. Mattresses are available in firm and ultra-plush models.
Sealy Hybrid Line
Sealy’s Hybrid mattress collection features 20% more coils than other models and uses memory foam to contour to your body and adjust to your sleep position.
  • Hybrid Essential: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Hybrid Essential mattresses feature are firm and feature an Ultra-Stretch knit cover with moisture-wicking technology, a top layer of comfort foam and encased coils.
  • Hybrid Performance: Starting at $1,599 for a queen, Hybrid Performance mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill Technology, an encased coil system and Posturepedic technology. Hybrid Performance mattresses are available in cushion firm, firm and plush models.
  • Hybrid Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Hybrid Premium mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam, cooling gel and an encased coil system. Hybrid Premium mattresses are available in firm, plush and extra plush models.

Comparison of Sealy mattress collections

Mattress collectionMaterialEdge systemStarting price*
Sealy CocoonMemory foam$697.50
Sealy ResponseInnerspring$399 - $1,299
Sealy ConformMemory foam $499 - $1,999
Sealy Hybrid Innerspring + memory foam$1,099 - $1,999
*For a queen-size mattress

Sealy mattress FAQ

How much do Sealy mattresses cost?
Sealy mattresses cost between $399 and $2,499. The wide range in price reflects the many different models, sizes and extra features that enhance your sleep experience.
Who sells Sealy mattresses?
Sealy partners with retailers like Mattress Firm, Hudson's Furniture, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, Big Lots and other home and furniture stores across the country. You can use the retail finder tool on the Sealy website to find a store near you that sells Sealy mattresses. You can also buy your mattress online.
Are all Sealy mattresses Posturepedic?
Yes, all Sealy mattresses integrate Posturepedic technology to offer targeted support to your back and core while you sleep.
Where are Sealy mattresses made?
Sealy manufactures all its mattresses in the United States.
What is Sealy's return policy?
Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses. If you're unhappy with your mattress for any reason after 30 days, Sealy works with you to address your concerns. If you are still dissatisfied, you can return your mattress for a refund.
Is Sealy Posturepedic memory foam?
Yes, Sealy makes its Posturepedic mattresses with a combination of memory and gel foam. This memory foam combines superior support with soft materials that contour to your body and adjust to your size, shape and sleeping position.
What is the best Sealy mattress?
The Cocoon mattress is Sealy's most advanced model and often considered the best mattress the company manufactures. However, Sealy designs every mattress for comfort and a good night's sleep.

Is Sealy a good mattress?

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for more than 65 years. It consistently creates and designs innovative products that focus on support and comfort. Sealy goes above and beyond industry standards to construct every mattress with superior materials and thoroughly tests them to ensure a quality product.

Sealy Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: June 22, 2021

My brother in-law was a career employee of Sealy, and during his tenure, a set of Posturepedic mattresses was bought. It's been over 30 years, and the mattress is only now starting to show signs of 'wear'; honestly! There is no indentation in the mattress; still firm; no backache or other discomfort. Flipping the mattress every 6 months, may play a key role in it's longevity. My only concern is; wondering if Sealy has maintained the quality of their Posturepedic line, as the time to replace is drawing near...

Original review: June 20, 2021

Before I bought this mattress I had just a regular standard form mattress. I would wake up several times during the night with muscle aches and heat. Since getting this mattress I sleep thru the night sleep longer than I have in a long time. No more pain. Just cool and comfort.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased a Sealy LaZe Queen mattress in a box. I rated 4/5 because I think the mattress itself is great, I sleep well on it, it stays relatively cool, offers good support without falling into it too deeply to roll over, and is a great price. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars is the fact that it is impossible to keep sheets on it. Maybe this isn’t the fault of Sealy, but my wife considered returning the mattress on this fact alone so it certainly has to be considered in the review. Overall I’m pleased with the mattress and would recommend it.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Nice pillow top with good stitching. It doesn't stay sunk in where your body lies after you get up but does form around you while you're sleeping. Probably the best mattress I've ever bought. It's the deep pocket sheet type, so be aware when buying sheets for this mattress. Thick enough that you don't even need a box spring under it really.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My Sealy mattress was bought last year around August 2020 because I needed to upgrade after having an older mattress for years. Upon looking and trying out a few, this unit was a good level of softness, quality, and firm support. More than anything, it was more affordable than I expected. I was disappointed I hadn't made this move earlier. Getting a Sealy meant I was getting a long-tenured company that provides a higher level of quality products, particularly mattresses, so I was confident in my purchase.

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

Ok, after all that I finally got a resolution from Mancini and a better response from Sealy. They are giving me credit on my mattress. I am so happy I could cry, wish I didn’t have to go to such lengths. I thank both parties involved for understanding. A happy senior.

Original review: May 12, 2022

If I could do minus stars I would. Bought mattress from Mancini in Gilroy ca. 2017. Was good for about a year. Was not aware there was a 10 year warranty until recently. Went through the process of having measuring guy come out. I know indentation was 2 inches. Got result no chance of replacement. Said because I used old box springs. What crap that was. Never suggested I should buy new one for warranty to hold up. Just bogus answer. I wanted to upgrade and also buy a different one for another bedroom. Stay away from this company. They have many unhappy people. Never again after them not standing behind their product.

Original review: April 9, 2022

04/2022. We purchased the Sealy king size mattress in 2019 for $2000. After 6 months we noticed first signs of collapsing. By now the mattress shows a "sinkhole" on either side divided by a mountain in the middle. Sometimes I wake up at night because I feel like I might fall out of my bed. If you consider a Sealy, think again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

First mattress lasted about 4 years. I knew it was time to replace it when I rolled out of bed and the dresser stopped my fall after my face smacked it. It was "on sale" $600. I thought maybe I need to buy a better mattress? So they warrantied it, doubled what we spent, $1200 plus tax. Not even 3 years later, it's junk again. BUT, the place we bought it from said "it wasn't bad enough yet" to replace yet. Huh? My back hurts, we're not talking body impressions, we're talking sagging. They blamed it on Sealy. Why? They're so strict, so I reached out to Sealy. I got the automated response, no customer support after. Bottom line, Sealy has a 10 year warranty. In less than 7 years I need to be on my third mattress. But they won't honor their warranty. Only conclusion, stay away.

I bought a mattress topper to try and mask the imperfections. I fully intend on waiting them out and telling them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. BUT, I want a refund, I want to buy something else from a manufacture who will stick behind their warranty, not hide behind excuses. NEVER buy a memory foam. You need to stick with coil and springs, screw one sided mattress also. Last mattress was from Verlo. 2 sided. It made it 15 years no issues. All I can do is warn you.

They'll look for ANY excuse. If, your box spring only has 4 support boards? You voided your warranty because you only had 4. It has to have 5. No staining! Your mattress is stained. No kidding. Would that be from the drink I spilled while in bed, or from the chocolate ice cream I spilled. Changing the crap factory's diaper on the bed? Stained, no warranty. Any excuse. Sealy, shame on you. I guess water, ice cream or whatever ruins the memory foam.... Sure it does.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I bought my Sealy "Gilded Breath" mattress 1 year ago and it shows a deep impression of ca. 2 1/2 inches in the middle. The affiliated Sealy seller is asking for a $50,00 charge to send an Inspector to my residence to verify my statement under the warranty coverage. I paid already $750,00 for this Queen size unit and this additional charge is certainly NOT acceptable! The Sealy Company indicated an even higher charge for a possible replacement! Since I am a disabled senior of 88 years with minimum Social Security income, this kind of cost is not within my reach and I like to ask if there is some way to solve this matter. Your response is much appreciated. Thank you. G.A. **

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

The purchase of a Sealy Mattress had a 10 warranty attached to the details. Upon reaching the 5 year mark, the product showed a significant sag in the middle of the pillow-top mattress. The manufacturing company was notified as was the furniture company where the product was displayed and sold. The Sealy company has a putrid aire about their Customer Service Dept. (as validated by the high number of negative/similar complaints posted on the internet).

With over a month of providing pictures, exchanging purchase proof, and speaking with no fewer than five agents, the ball has failed to move off of square one; we're exactly where we started or left off. Hence, the serious complaint about; a) breach of contract and, b) fraud and, c) interstate fraud and, d) failure to meet a good faith agreement and, e) warranty of merchantability. To this, I would strongly suggest any person considering the purchase of any mattress be advised and 'buyer beware.' To this, I would consider being part of a class action suit as too many have had the same experience; count me in!

Sealy Mattress Company Information