2.10/5

Need a good mattress?

466 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I bought 3 years ago, a mattress. After a year the mattress was sunk, my back hurt a lot. I opened a case with them of guarantee. They did not answer. Always with a lie, that if the mattress has a stain it does not cover the guarantee. The case is that they never cover the guarantees, it's a lie. They always have an excuse, and they are not responsible for those expensive mattress that they sell. I am really very angry. Please do not lose money buying these mattresses.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered Sealy Response™ Premium West Salem Cushion Firm through Costco that was delivered last week. The company that delivered the new mattress also picked up the our old mattress. This is probably how our problem started. The next day after sleeping on the new mattress, I found bites near my private parts, so I knew it couldn't be mosquitoes.

I call an exterminator who advised me to immediately purchase and contain the mattress and box spring with bedbug covers and schedule a canine inspection for bedbugs. The dog searched my entire house and found bedbugs only in the mattress, so I only need to treat my bedroom. According to the exterminator, the delivery company probably contaminated the new mattress with old infested mattresses that it picked up. It's costing me $1,000 for everything, even with the refund from Costco. Am still fighting to be compensated, and Sealy is refusing to cooperate, even for the mattress itself. Avoid Sealy!

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I bought this mattress from Sleep-Eze two years ago, was told it had a 10 year warranty. Sleep-Eze I guess was bought out. The mattress sagged to one side, I kept having to try and rotate it because it kept losing its shape. I finally had to buy a new mattress. I called Sealy, they wouldn't guarantee anything, a possible replacement if they deemed it worthy of one. I took pics of it, still has the tags and clearly shows the sag. They aren't interested. I don't believe they back up their products. Representative got a bit surly as well. I wouldn't buy another or recommend their products.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Sealy makes you jump through hoops hoping you will get discouraged and not continue with your warranty. I wish I would have done my research because I've only had my bed a year and most brands nowadays over 5 or 10 year comfort guarantee warranties. Sealy is just for defects and it's a long drawn out process that will probably end in them denying it. You also have to pay shipping fees when they verify it's a problem with their product.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought this mattress (Sealy Posturepedic) 2 years ago from Carlisle Bus Station Bed Centre. I am a pensioner and having slept on many different mattresses over the years this is by far the worst. My husband suffers with pain every morning. He can only sleep on his left side, where he had a dislocated shoulder, otherwise he rolls down from the mountain range in the middle and has twice fallen out of bed. We both suffer serious health conditions. My husband has had 3 heart attacks and I suffer from depression... For these reasons we do not want any hassle so have not complained. It cost us £1,049 for the bed and mattress, not an amount we wanted to throw away. Now we are not sure which mattress to buy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought a memory foam Sealy mattress (no springs) 4 years ago. My boyfriend and I can't sleep on this mattress anymore without tossing and turning and waking up in excruciating pain. We splurged on a new mattress because he has fibromyalgia, and I have back pain, thinking this would be worth it to help us get better sleep. We were wrong. I've never had a mattress put me in so much pain, and I've slept in my fair share of cheap motels. This mattress lasted less than half the time a normal mattress would have, and we spend well over a grand on it. We don't have a lot of money, and it pains me to know we wasted it on this mattress and now have to buy another one. Two thumbs down, do not recommend.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought a new twin bed mattress and Sealy Ease adjustable base from Art Van in Lake Orion. Got great service from the salesman and loved the bed. I lost the remote down my a/c vent about a week after I got the bed and called Sealy. The lady I spoke with was so nice and checked to make sure they had them in stock and told me she'd send one right out and I should receive it in a week to 10 days. 8 days in I called to make sure it was sent and I was told they were on back order until July 27 which is over a month from now. Every single person I spoke with was unwilling to try anything to help me locate a replacement. They were rude, interrupted me while I was speaking, cold, indifferent attitudes. I would not recommend doing business with Sealy or anyone who sells their products. The message I got was clear. "We got your money now we don't care."

Original review: June 11, 2018

Bought a Sealy mattress from Sears three years ago and it is now so broken down in the middle that I roll to the center and cannot sleep comfortably at all. After working through the pages of paperwork to file a warranty claim I finally received an email saying I need to submit everything again. This happened two more times. Felt like they were making the process so difficult I would just give up on the warranty. Once the claim went through and was approved it took 4 weeks to be able to get a new mattress ordered and another 4 weeks to have it shipped. I also had to pay $140 for shipping to replace a mattress they agreed failed too quickly.

On the day I had set aside to be at my house to meet the shipping company they called in the last hour of the drop off window to say that it would not arrive until the next day. Zero compensation from the moving company or Sealy. Needless to say I will never buy from Sealy again and I would not recommend a Sealy mattress to anyone. I understand a product failing and can happily work through a warranty but the effort that Sealy took to make it nearly impossible to process a warranty claim and the lack of customer service is why I will forever take my business elsewhere.

Original review: June 8, 2018

It seemed like it was right off the showroom floor. Two kids later, you'd think it was brand new. Twenty years later, it smells a little funny, but still very firm.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Best mattress I’ve Owned. The independent coils make it very comfortable. The cushion top is very comfortable too. It is better than our old Simmons Beautyrest.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I wanted a traditional, medium-firm mattress and box spring. Too many new beds rely on slats or are memory foam based. Too soft and too warm. Sealy offered what I wanted at a reasonable price.

Original review: June 6, 2018

With a topper, super comfortable and my wife and I look forward to slipping between the Suma cotton sheets after a long day. We wake up with a smile on our faces.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Sealy mattress is fine but it's not a pillow top or foam like the new ones today. I actually added the foam topper a couple of years ago. It's about ready to be replaced.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The mattress topper got hard. I had to buy a latex foam mattress topper. The Sealy mattress was good but the mattress topper sewn on was not and it can't be removed. The latex foam mattress topper saved my bed.

Original review: June 2, 2018

It was firm when purchased. However, it didn't stay that way. The life of a mattress is 10 years. I've had those one for over 5 but I need another one. However it's hard to know how to select a good one. Everyone claims to be the best and all seem overpriced.

Original review: June 1, 2018

No assistance with warranty. It’s the cooling black ice type of mattress. But it was not cooling. It was very hot to sleep on. It was burning almost if laid longer than a couple hours.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We have a king mattress. Both sides of the bed have distinctive indentations. The mattress is only one sided and has to be rotated monthly due to sagging.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got 2 Sealy mattresses for our new house - $1100 each - Plush, which should have been ample enough to be comfortable. We bought them at Mattress Firm. I have added 3 inches of Talalay latex topper and a quilted cover to just be able to be comfortable for more than 4 hours at a time. I toss and turn and have to get up often because they just feel too firm for us both even though I asked for a soft bed. We have had a Stearns and Foster which was fantastic. But with a retail price of 3500 and the weight of the mattress, I can no longer have one unless I can get one from an employee at a discount. For those reasons, I DON'T recommend them.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased a mattress for a platform bed 5 yrs ago. I sleep alone and after 2 nights my side is lower than the other side, so, I have to move over or turn it to level it out. I have a bad back and will never buy again. Have a 10yr warranty, but in order for a replacement, I have to pay $65 for a technician to look at it first, with no promises. Don't buy from Ashley Furniture. They don't stand by their furniture and Sealy won't help me.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased this mattress about a year ago. Was told I had to purchase box springs or it would void the warranty. It has sunken in areas at the head and the sides.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have owned my Sealy for 35 years and it is as comfortable as the day I bought it. It has survived 6 major moves and has been incredibly durable. I have slept on many different types and brands, and none match up to my mattress.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Sealy is the best mattress I ever bought, no springs in it and has lasted with no wear or tears for over five years now. Just like brand new and feels just like I bought on day one. Wonderful.

Original review: May 27, 2018

TERRIBLE durability. Sinks down on ends. Hard and uncomfortable. Poor sleep. I need a mattress that is comfortable and durable and bounces back to its original form.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Great brand that has been around for years and years. My mattress is super comfortable, seems very durable and this set is a little over a year old. Last set lasted 9 years.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've had this mattress for over 20 years and it still holds up. I don't like shopping for mattresses, but this one keeps me comfortable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I don't think that the Sealy Mattress is gonna last only a few years... It acts like I have to keep turning the mattress so that it doesn't cave in... But other than that it's pretty good.

Original review: May 24, 2018

No box spring 18" mattress extra firm with pillow top. It is 10 years on a 15 year mattress. Very expensive. Never comfortable. Has pits in the pillow top. Hard to find sheets. Never worth the money.

Original review: May 24, 2018

It's been okay but I paid entirely too much money for the mattress. Not sure why they run so expensive. I have kept up with cleaning it as far as vacuuming in all the time at least once a week.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I spent almost $1000 for queen size mattress. In less than two years, it's sagging totally. I am only one person, weighing 120. This is a terrible product. The warranty is so convoluted as to make it unusable.

Original review: May 13, 2018

On 5/10/18 purchased a Sealy Hybrid Cobalt Premier Queen size mattress. I currently own one that I purchased from Raymour & Flanigan. I am very satisfied with that purchase of year 2016. The second one is for my fiancé. The moment it was delivered when the plastic was removed I noticed 2- big stain. More it was different from my previous mattress. The stitches it’s also 2 inches less in height. The corners were like embedded as if the material was patched. Strings of threads coming out of the seems.

I am stunned I could not and don’t believe this is a product Sealy would sell to a customer. The fabric is alike in looks but different color and polyester. Very bad workmanship. I checked for PC Richard review as for selling mattress. I don’t know if this comes from them or from Sealy. I contacted PC Richard. They said they will call me back the same day. I emailed them the photos and yet no response. I don’t trust them selling mattress. They look as if it was refurbished.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information