3.7/5 (172 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Sealy Mattress

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for 65 years. Its Posturepedic mattresses are durable and feature award-winning designs that promote a good night's sleep. Its cooling technology and Posturepedic memory foam create a comfortable place to sleep. While the mattresses can be heavy and slightly more expensive than others, most customers report being happy with the company's quality and exceptional customer support.

Pros

• Posturepedic technology
  • Temperature control
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Higher price
  • Mattresses are bulky/hard to move

Bottom Line

Sealy mattresses come in a wide range of sizes and styles. Prices are higher than some competitors, but models offer effective temperature control and Posturepedic technology. Sealy materials are breathable.

Top Sealy Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… So we went back to a Sealy — got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years. ... So far so good. I often think of ho...

Verified

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. ... I wasn't pleased tha...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Sealy mattress prices

Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses cost between $399 and $1,999 for a queen-size bed. Since Sealy partners with top retailers like Kane's Furniture, Macy's and Ashley HomeStore, the delivery cost varies based on the specific retailer's delivery policy. You can also purchase your mattress directly from Sealy online. The company regularly offers deals and promotions on its website, and standard shipping is free.

Sealy mattress models

Sealy offers four innovative mattress models designed with your ultimate sleep comfort in mind. The models cater to a variety of different sleep styles, budgets and design preferences.

Cocoon by Sealy
The Cocoon is a premium memory foam mattress that features cooling technology for those who get hot when they sleep. The Cocoon comes with extra-firm or medium-firm support and adjusts to your body size, shape and sleep position. The price for a queen-size Cocoon mattress is $697.50.
Sealy Response Line
These traditional, innerspring mattresses offer consistent support and respond to your movement. The Response Line includes the Premium, Performance and Essential models.
  • Response Essential: Starting at $399 for a queen-size, Sealy Response Essential mattresses feature stretch-knit cover, SealyCushion Air Foam and SolidEdge HD system. Essential mattresses are available in plush, cushion and firm models.
  • Response Performance: Response Performance mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size mattress and feature Posturepedic technology, SealyCool gel foam and the DuraFlex Edge system.
  • Response Premium: Starting at $1,299 for a queen, Response Premium mattresses feature Posturepedic technology, a SupremeLoft cover with moisture and allergen protection, air foam, gel foam and the DuraFlex edge system.
Sealy Conform Line
These body-conforming mattresses combine foam, memory foam and advanced gel foam. The dense foam combination is part of the Posturepedic technology, and the company uses SealySupport gel foam as the base layer on all Conform mattresses to provide flexible and durable support.
  • Conform Essential: Starting at $499 for a queen, Conform Essential mattresses feature standard support, Sealy ComfortSense foam and gel foam. Essential Conform mattresses are available in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Performance: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Conform Performance mattresses feature memory and gel foam. Conform Performance mattresses are available with Posturepedic support in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Conform Premium mattresses feature Sealy ComfortSense foam, gel foam, memory foam and Posturepedic technology. Mattresses are available in firm and ultra-plush models.
Sealy Hybrid Line
Sealy’s Hybrid mattress collection features 20% more coils than other models and uses memory foam to contour to your body and adjust to your sleep position.
  • Hybrid Essential: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Hybrid Essential mattresses feature are firm and feature an Ultra-Stretch knit cover with moisture-wicking technology, a top layer of comfort foam and encased coils.
  • Hybrid Performance: Starting at $1,599 for a queen, Hybrid Performance mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill Technology, an encased coil system and Posturepedic technology. Hybrid Performance mattresses are available in cushion firm, firm and plush models.
  • Hybrid Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Hybrid Premium mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam, cooling gel and an encased coil system. Hybrid Premium mattresses are available in firm, plush and extra plush models.

Comparison of Sealy mattress collections

Mattress collectionMaterialEdge systemStarting price*
Sealy CocoonMemory foam$697.50
Sealy ResponseInnerspring$399 - $1,299
Sealy ConformMemory foam $499 - $1,999
Sealy Hybrid Innerspring + memory foam$1,099 - $1,999
*For a queen-size mattress

Sealy mattress FAQ

How much do Sealy mattresses cost?
Sealy mattresses cost between $399 and $2,499. The wide range in price reflects the many different models, sizes and extra features that enhance your sleep experience.
Who sells Sealy mattresses?
Sealy partners with retailers like Mattress Firm, Hudson's Furniture, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, Big Lots and other home and furniture stores across the country. You can use the retail finder tool on the Sealy website to find a store near you that sells Sealy mattresses. You can also buy your mattress online.
Are all Sealy mattresses Posturepedic?
Yes, all Sealy mattresses integrate Posturepedic technology to offer targeted support to your back and core while you sleep.
Where are Sealy mattresses made?
Sealy manufactures all its mattresses in the United States.
What is Sealy's return policy?
Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses. If you're unhappy with your mattress for any reason after 30 days, Sealy works with you to address your concerns. If you are still dissatisfied, you can return your mattress for a refund.
Is Sealy Posturepedic memory foam?
Yes, Sealy makes its Posturepedic mattresses with a combination of memory and gel foam. This memory foam combines superior support with soft materials that contour to your body and adjust to your size, shape and sleeping position.
What is the best Sealy mattress?
The Cocoon mattress is Sealy's most advanced model and often considered the best mattress the company manufactures. However, Sealy designs every mattress for comfort and a good night's sleep.

Is Sealy a good mattress?

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for more than 65 years. It consistently creates and designs innovative products that focus on support and comfort. Sealy goes above and beyond industry standards to construct every mattress with superior materials and thoroughly tests them to ensure a quality product.

Resolution response: Aug. 20, 2022

They had a very generic response and don't think they are going to help.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Actually this furniture store is glove in hand to this fraud. Ashley furniture store is from where we bought this mattress. The sales rep had told us if you don't like the mattress you can always return it. Within 4 nights we started experiencing discomfort, back pain and above all too hot to sleep on this hybrid mattress. We called Ashley, they asked us to call Sealy, we went back and forth for couple of hours. Sealy people told us you have to use it for 30days only then you can ask them to take it back. Now after 30days when we ask them for return they say, "You cannot return it, you can only exchange it." We didn't even sleep on that mattress. It's brand new now, and above all how can you force someone to buy your brand who has lost confidence in your brand.

This is not the experience we are looking at. When you go to buy any mattress you lie down it to check how you feel, in a few minutes you can't decide, especially when sales representatives are trying to forcefully convince you just so that they get their incentives. Above all, why are these sales representatives doing unethical selling. Since when did returns become a big headache and causing stress in life. My wife is stressed out coz sealy is not only trying force us to buy the mattress but also trying to fork out $3000 for the mattress.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Updated on 05/27/2022: I have reached out to Sealy, providing more pictures than they requested in an attempt to get them to honor their mattress warranty. I was told they have to be manipulated to be sized small or they can’t receive them; that many customers have a problem with this but it is not Sealy’s problem, it is the customer’s; they expect me to call to see if they have the pictures otherwise who knows when they might get to it, and the list goes on.

My mattress is CLEARLY collapsing on one side near where you would lay your head/shoulders. I have sent them both pictures and videos showing them this, using a level to show how far this had collapsed (2 inches), yet I must send more and call them to see if they receive it. They refuse to let me send anything while I am on the line with them to confirm their receipt as they “don’t have time” for that. Even though their online warranty claim form states they might have to send someone out to your home to check the mattress, box springs, and frames, the warranty department says they don’t do this. Don’t purchase a Sealy mattress if you want to get a quality product by a honest company that backs their warranty. Clearly this company provides neither!

Original Review: Purchased a Sealy queen mattress, foundation, and box springs in 2017. One side is clearly collapsing and Sally is playing the game of asking for the same information again and again, even though it has been sent. This is a case of not only an indentation of more than 2” in the shoulder area but also one where the side of the mattress has clearly buckled. I have sent all of the pictures they have requested and then some, along with videos, and copies of the receipt, yet they continue to send emails requesting the same, exact pictures that have been sent. The emails appear to be a “form letter” as it doesn’t vary.

I have sent six emails with pictures and letters (all of which show successfully sent on my end) in addition to what was sent originally with the claim application. Yet here I am with the same email from Sealy again! Simply put, Sealy is giving me the runaround so as not to honor their warranty. DO NOT PURCHASE A MATTRESS FROM SEALY. IT IS A POORLY MADE PRODUCT WITHOUT AN HONORABLE WARRANTY.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

Ok, after all that I finally got a resolution from Mancini and a better response from Sealy. They are giving me credit on my mattress. I am so happy I could cry, wish I didn’t have to go to such lengths. I thank both parties involved for understanding. A happy senior.

Original review: May 12, 2022

If I could do minus stars I would. Bought mattress from Mancini in Gilroy ca. 2017. Was good for about a year. Was not aware there was a 10 year warranty until recently. Went through the process of having measuring guy come out. I know indentation was 2 inches. Got result no chance of replacement. Said because I used old box springs. What crap that was. Never suggested I should buy new one for warranty to hold up. Just bogus answer. I wanted to upgrade and also buy a different one for another bedroom. Stay away from this company. They have many unhappy people. Never again after them not standing behind their product.

Original review: April 9, 2022

04/2022. We purchased the Sealy king size mattress in 2019 for $2000. After 6 months we noticed first signs of collapsing. By now the mattress shows a "sinkhole" on either side divided by a mountain in the middle. Sometimes I wake up at night because I feel like I might fall out of my bed. If you consider a Sealy, think again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

First mattress lasted about 4 years. I knew it was time to replace it when I rolled out of bed and the dresser stopped my fall after my face smacked it. It was "on sale" $600. I thought maybe I need to buy a better mattress? So they warrantied it, doubled what we spent, $1200 plus tax. Not even 3 years later, it's junk again. BUT, the place we bought it from said "it wasn't bad enough yet" to replace yet. Huh? My back hurts, we're not talking body impressions, we're talking sagging. They blamed it on Sealy. Why? They're so strict, so I reached out to Sealy. I got the automated response, no customer support after. Bottom line, Sealy has a 10 year warranty. In less than 7 years I need to be on my third mattress. But they won't honor their warranty. Only conclusion, stay away.

I bought a mattress topper to try and mask the imperfections. I fully intend on waiting them out and telling them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. BUT, I want a refund, I want to buy something else from a manufacture who will stick behind their warranty, not hide behind excuses. NEVER buy a memory foam. You need to stick with coil and springs, screw one sided mattress also. Last mattress was from Verlo. 2 sided. It made it 15 years no issues. All I can do is warn you.

They'll look for ANY excuse. If, your box spring only has 4 support boards? You voided your warranty because you only had 4. It has to have 5. No staining! Your mattress is stained. No kidding. Would that be from the drink I spilled while in bed, or from the chocolate ice cream I spilled. Changing the crap factory's diaper on the bed? Stained, no warranty. Any excuse. Sealy, shame on you. I guess water, ice cream or whatever ruins the memory foam.... Sure it does.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I bought my Sealy "Gilded Breath" mattress 1 year ago and it shows a deep impression of ca. 2 1/2 inches in the middle. The affiliated Sealy seller is asking for a $50,00 charge to send an Inspector to my residence to verify my statement under the warranty coverage. I paid already $750,00 for this Queen size unit and this additional charge is certainly NOT acceptable! The Sealy Company indicated an even higher charge for a possible replacement! Since I am a disabled senior of 88 years with minimum Social Security income, this kind of cost is not within my reach and I like to ask if there is some way to solve this matter. Your response is much appreciated. Thank you. G.A. **

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

The purchase of a Sealy Mattress had a 10 warranty attached to the details. Upon reaching the 5 year mark, the product showed a significant sag in the middle of the pillow-top mattress. The manufacturing company was notified as was the furniture company where the product was displayed and sold. The Sealy company has a putrid aire about their Customer Service Dept. (as validated by the high number of negative/similar complaints posted on the internet).

With over a month of providing pictures, exchanging purchase proof, and speaking with no fewer than five agents, the ball has failed to move off of square one; we're exactly where we started or left off. Hence, the serious complaint about; a) breach of contract and, b) fraud and, c) interstate fraud and, d) failure to meet a good faith agreement and, e) warranty of merchantability. To this, I would strongly suggest any person considering the purchase of any mattress be advised and 'buyer beware.' To this, I would consider being part of a class action suit as too many have had the same experience; count me in!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I purchased a double box spring and mattress for my son in 2012. I also made sure to get the suggested bed frame and mattress cover to ensure the mattress was protected and that there would be no issues with the warranty if there were any issues in the future. My son was in his twenties at the time so no jumping on the bed or anything like that. After four years I was changing the bed one day and noticed the stitching had come out of part of the bed about two thirds of the way around and the thread was just hanging there and the bed was open.

It would take pages to detail what we had to go through with Sealy to get that mattress replaced. It took months of back and forth and practically begging - pictures, explanations, original receipt, we had to physically cut a label out of the mattress and send it - it was bizarre and RIDICULOUS. They were unpleasant to deal with and made it very difficult. Eventually they did replace the mattress. Now four years later the mattress is sagging so badly I can hardly believe it. It is still under warranty but I would rather buy another brand than go through that again for another garbage mattress.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I'm so put out that a company can hide behind a warranty/setup guide to keep from making a product right. We paid for set up and delivery of our new mattress. Their employees are the ones who set up the mattress set. We paid extra to have it set up right because a mattress set is not just a purchase it's an investment. The company is hiding behind a 4 slat verses 5 slat rule in the warranty/setup guide to keep from replacing or refunding us for a king size mattress set that is less than a year old. The mattress is sagging deep on both sides and a hill in the middle of the mattress. We're out almost $2,000, which will be much more since it looks as if we'll have to buy another mattress set.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Purchased at the Brick. 1st mattress sidewall collapsed by the second month. Warranty claim approved. Upgraded to supposedly higher quality. 2nd mattress inner coils and structure collapsed after 4 years. Warranty approved. Upgraded to supposedly top mattress "The Crown Jewel". 3rd mattress, The Crown Jewel", inner coils and support collapsed after 3 months. The Crown Jewel mattress pillow top has enough stretch to mask the impressions, which must be greater than 1.5" to qualify for a warranty claim. The mattresses all have been cared for with new box springs each time, new mattress covers, and were only used by one 6'2", 205 lb senior. Anxiously waiting for my new hybrid memory foam mattress, then I can put the Crown Jewel in the trash where the Sealy mattresses belong. After several thousands of $, I will never waste any more of my money and time by buying any poor quality Sealy products.

Sealy Mattress Company Information