2.75/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

523 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought one of those hybrid mattresses. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. I like a firm mattress, my husband likes a little less firm than myself. This hybrid mattress was the perfect fit for both of us. It’s not one of those temperatures controlled mattresses, but somehow it feels cooler than most traditional ones. We love it and would highly recommend it!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a good Sealy Posturepedic mattress at least 35 years ago. It's a double and I sleep on it alone. I turn it and flip it at least 3 or 4 times a year. About 25 years ago I put a 3 inch memory foam pad on top of it and I keep two of the expensive bamboo quilted mattress covers on top of that. It sleeps like the most expensive mattress on the market today. The original mattress is still in excellent condition.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I recently purchased the Sealy mattress and I'm so far extremely pleased with it, no more back aches, no more trying to get out of bed. Prior, I had 2 of the box mattresses and returned them both. Purchased a Sleep Number mattress based on all the great reviews (Sleep Number's website). I couldn't be more upset, displeased with a mattress. It's an air bag in the center, surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress enclosed. The mattress is supposed to conform to your pressure points. It certainly did, to all of the valleys in the mattress, to the valley between the mattress and its foam border. I kept adjusting the air pressure in the mattress, to no avail. My back has been killing me due to this mattress. The Sealy I purchased is firm, supports my back and the rest of my body.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Casper mattress and adjustable base. The mattress was okay but didn’t work well on the base so returned both and purchased a soft Sealy mattress and base. Mattress hurt my back and neck so returned that mattress for a firmer one which has been good so far about 30 days sleeping on that one. Rather regret that I didn’t try the Avocado Green Mattress which has a very good rating.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our longest lasting mattress was a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic which lasted almost 20 years. The next two were Beautyrest - a queen plush top that was not comfortable too firm, and a king cushion - top that began to show where we slept within one year. So we went back to a Sealy -- Got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Received our mattress 3 weeks ago. The thing smelled so bad after unwrapping that we quarantined it in a room with the windows open. We even had to seal off the return air vent and tape the door shut because the odor was creeping into the rest of the house. I shouldn't be able to smell a mattress from the first floor that is shut in a second floor room with open windows. 3 weeks late, it still smells. Certipur my foot! This thing is toxic. Returning and will exchange for a different brand. Never again Sealy!

Original review: July 28, 2019

The Sealy mattress I purchased was around $1500. It was an innerspring mattress with a very plush top part. Initially it felt great, I slept really well on it. But after I had it for 2 years the mattress started sagging in the middle where I was sleep most of the time. The sagging got worse, now after having it for 3 years I decided to get rid of it. I don't sleep well on it anymore. This was the most expensive mattress I have ever owned and it's definitely disappointing to pay so much for a mattress that doesn't last longer.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Inherited Sealy Queen Size bed a year ago and find my sleeping patterns and comfort have improved immensely. As an older person I expect body aches but am finding great relief with this mattress. I compete in Masters Athletics and my body is subject to "excessive" hammering.

Original review: July 16, 2019

This company is a joke... I have been fighting with them for over 2 months trying to get my mattress delivered. I was approved for a warranty and they cannot get their ** straight to get one to me. They lie every time I am on the phone with them. They lost the mattress, they changed the delivery service twice and their delivery services have canceled the delivery 3 times without even calling me. Now the new delivery service says they do not even have our mattress. They offer no resolution nor answers. Customer service is no help, you never get the same person and what one will tell you in one instance another will tell you a completely different story.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a Macy bed mattress for 12 years and loved it. After cosleeping with two kids it developed a hump in the center. (Husband and I sleeping on opposite sides with the lighter weight kids sleeping in the middle. So the perimeter began to sag but the center did not.) Despite that I still loved the mattress but my husband was ready for a new one. After A LOT of research and a visit to the furniture store (Price was a huge factor.) we decided on the Sealy Beach Street firm mattress. I hate it. I hate it so much I want to cry. I want my Macy bed back. Within a week of sleeping on it (no more kids in the bed) it developed a hump in the center. Mattresses are most definitely a "get what you pay for" item and quality is not cheap. But I will most definitely not be purchasing Sealy in the future.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information