2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop on Mattress Firm
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for 65 years. Its Posturepedic mattresses are durable and feature award-winning designs that promote a good night's sleep. Its cooling technology and Posturepedic memory foam create a comfortable place to sleep. While the mattresses can be heavy and slightly more expensive than others, most customers report being happy with the company's quality and exceptional customer support.

BOTTOM LINE

Sealy mattresses come in a wide range of sizes and styles. Prices are higher than some competitors, but models offer effective temperature control and Posturepedic technology. Sealy materials are breathable.

PROS

• Posturepedic technology
  • Temperature control
  • Wide selection

CONS

• Higher price
  • Mattresses are bulky/hard to move

Top Sealy Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

… So we went back to a Sealy — got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years. ... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. ... I wasn't pleased that our original mattress failed so quickly, but Sealy stood behind their product.

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2020

Shop Now

Sealy mattress prices

Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses cost between $399 and $1,999 for a queen-size bed. Since Sealy partners with top retailers like Kane's Furniture, Macy's and Ashley HomeStore, the delivery cost varies based on the specific retailer's delivery policy. You can also purchase your mattress directly from Sealy online. The company regularly offers deals and promotions on its website, and standard shipping is free.

Sealy mattress models

Sealy offers four innovative mattress models designed with your ultimate sleep comfort in mind. The models cater to a variety of different sleep styles, budgets and design preferences.

Cocoon by Sealy
The Cocoon is a premium memory foam mattress that features cooling technology for those who get hot when they sleep. The Cocoon comes with extra-firm or medium-firm support and adjusts to your body size, shape and sleep position. The price for a queen-size Cocoon mattress is $697.50.
Sealy Response Line
These traditional, innerspring mattresses offer consistent support and respond to your movement. The Response Line includes the Premium, Performance and Essential models.
  • Response Essential: Starting at $399 for a queen-size, Sealy Response Essential mattresses feature stretch-knit cover, SealyCushion Air Foam and SolidEdge HD system. Essential mattresses are available in plush, cushion and firm models.
  • Response Performance: Response Performance mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size mattress and feature Posturepedic technology, SealyCool gel foam and the DuraFlex Edge system.
  • Response Premium: Starting at $1,299 for a queen, Response Premium mattresses feature Posturepedic technology, a SupremeLoft cover with moisture and allergen protection, air foam, gel foam and the DuraFlex edge system.
Sealy Conform Line
These body-conforming mattresses combine foam, memory foam and advanced gel foam. The dense foam combination is part of the Posturepedic technology, and the company uses SealySupport gel foam as the base layer on all Conform mattresses to provide flexible and durable support.
  • Conform Essential: Starting at $499 for a queen, Conform Essential mattresses feature standard support, Sealy ComfortSense foam and gel foam. Essential Conform mattresses are available in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Performance: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Conform Performance mattresses feature memory and gel foam. Conform Performance mattresses are available with Posturepedic support in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Conform Premium mattresses feature Sealy ComfortSense foam, gel foam, memory foam and Posturepedic technology. Mattresses are available in firm and ultra-plush models.
Sealy Hybrid Line
Sealy’s Hybrid mattress collection features 20% more coils than other models and uses memory foam to contour to your body and adjust to your sleep position.
  • Hybrid Essential: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Hybrid Essential mattresses feature are firm and feature an Ultra-Stretch knit cover with moisture-wicking technology, a top layer of comfort foam and encased coils.
  • Hybrid Performance: Starting at $1,599 for a queen, Hybrid Performance mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill Technology, an encased coil system and Posturepedic technology. Hybrid Performance mattresses are available in cushion firm, firm and plush models.
  • Hybrid Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Hybrid Premium mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam, cooling gel and an encased coil system. Hybrid Premium mattresses are available in firm, plush and extra plush models.

Comparison of Sealy mattress collections

Mattress collectionMaterialEdge systemStarting price*
Sealy CocoonMemory foam$697.50
Sealy ResponseInnerspring$399 - $1,299
Sealy ConformMemory foam $499 - $1,999
Sealy Hybrid Innerspring + memory foam$1,099 - $1,999
*For a queen-size mattress

Sealy mattress FAQ

How much do Sealy mattresses cost?
Sealy mattresses cost between $399 and $2,499. The wide range in price reflects the many different models, sizes and extra features that enhance your sleep experience.
Who sells Sealy mattresses?
Sealy partners with retailers like Mattress Firm, Hudson's Furniture, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, Big Lots and other home and furniture stores across the country. You can use the retail finder tool on the Sealy website to find a store near you that sells Sealy mattresses. You can also buy your mattress online.
Are all Sealy mattresses Posturepedic?
Yes, all Sealy mattresses integrate Posturepedic technology to offer targeted support to your back and core while you sleep.
Where are Sealy mattresses made?
Sealy manufactures all its mattresses in the United States.
What is Sealy's return policy?
Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses. If you're unhappy with your mattress for any reason after 30 days, Sealy works with you to address your concerns. If you are still dissatisfied, you can return your mattress for a refund.
Is Sealy Posturepedic memory foam?
Yes, Sealy makes its Posturepedic mattresses with a combination of memory and gel foam. This memory foam combines superior support with soft materials that contour to your body and adjust to your size, shape and sleeping position.
What is the best Sealy mattress?
The Cocoon mattress is Sealy's most advanced model and often considered the best mattress the company manufactures. However, Sealy designs every mattress for comfort and a good night's sleep.

Is Sealy a good mattress?

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for more than 65 years. It consistently creates and designs innovative products that focus on support and comfort. Sealy goes above and beyond industry standards to construct every mattress with superior materials and thoroughly tests them to ensure a quality product.

Sealy Mattress Reviews

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

We had a Stearns and Foster firm mattress and after several years we would wake up stiff and sore. When we decided to purchase a new mattress we tried a lot of brands and types. We picked the Sealy Silver Chill Hybrid because after lying on it for 20 minutes in the store, it was still comfortable and no soreness. They had a nice return agreement in case you got it home and found it did not work for you. The first night's sleep was the best we both have had in a long time. My wife's legs didn't bother her at all. It has been about 45 days after the purchase and we still sleep better, longer and without the soreness. We did make a great purchase.

Original review: July 29, 2020

We bought our mattresses from Mattress Firm. They have a lot of selection to compare which was nice as I originally went in wanting a Purple Mattress and they had them for us to test. We liked the Purple as well as the Sealy and just happened to be able to pick up two Sealy Twin XL that had been returned to the warehouse so they were discounted. The bed was initially too hard for me but I walked around on it for a week before laying down and sleeping and it finally softened up. I will say that I was able to get to sleep on it much quicker than our Sleep Number bed (12 yrs old) from the day we got it. It did take about 30 to get used to it completely but we like them. It was our first time using adjustable bases and didn't realize that using that kind of base will void the warranty. Mattress Firm gave us a store warranty which was better than nothing. I am not particularly complimentary of Sealy as a Company.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2020

My experience is like laying on a very great piece of cotton floating on water that is so calm and relaxing that sometimes I don’t want to get up out of the bed. I would surely recommend that anyone who has restless nights and problems getting a good night’s sleep that these will without a doubt are what you need to solve your problem. You will never want to try another brand and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone at all.

Original review: April 24, 2020

It's been a few years since we bought the mattress but I love it! I sleep so good! Almost too good. Sometimes 11 hours at a stretch. When the time comes I will look at Sealy mattresses first, I did not like the way the warranty was, though. I had to buy a mattress cover in order to use the warranty and when I did use it they gave me a bunch of flak. So next time I won't buy the warranty. Other than that it's great!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. The filing process was easy and user friendly. (As long as you keep your receipts, tags and other important documents) After providing pictures showing the state of our mattress, our claim was processed and approved. We were told to expect 6 to 8 weeks for our mattress to be delivered. The whole process from start to finish was 2 weeks. I was floored. I have never, ever had such a pleasant experience in a claim situation. I wasnt pleased that our original mattress failed so quickly, but Sealy stood behind their product.

Resolution response: Sept. 30, 2020

After discussing this with a person at the store we purchased it from, she knew how to take care of this. We paid the same price for a new mattress and are getting a refund for the old mattress when it is picked up upon the delivery of the new one. The fee will not be charged. I feel much better about Penneys, but the jury on Sealy is still out. We will wait to see if this one breaks down as quickly the other one did.

The person who helped us at the Penneys store really went to bat for us. She questioned the person we had been directed to contact by phone and asked why we were told what we were. She reminded the person on the phone that the mattress was actually defective. We were not just trying to get a different mattress because we didn't like that one.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

We purchased a Sealy Humbolt Firm Pillow Top from JC Penneys Nov. 30, 2019. For the past two months, we have noticed a break down in the middle of the mattress and we both wake up with sore backs and our arms numb. After contacting Penneys today, I found out that the warranty isn't what we thought. We paid over $700 for the mattress and box springs, but to get it replaced, we have to pay a pick up and restocking fee of $167 and then get a credit for the mattress. This mattress has gone up to around $1300 in price now, so we will have to pay the difference. If we get the boxed springs replaced, it will be even more. We will also have to pay another delivery fee. We are not very pleased with Penneys or Sealy at this time and will probably purchase another brand of mattress to replace it. We have never had one break down this fast. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I bought the Sealy Posturepedic king sized mattress at the end of 2018. Less than two years later, I'm already searching for a new mattress. It started off fine, but 6 months later it was already sagging and hurting my back. Now it's like a living nightmare, with lumps and a HUGE sag(honestly it's like a giant dent) in the middle. It's so bad that I fill the hole with blankets/ pillows and still wake up in agony. I am 145lbs and don't do anything crazy, this is just from regular use. Please do not buy from Sealy. If this is the quality they stand by then you should steer clear. I had my old fashioned spring mattress for 26 years, never flipped it and it was still in perfect condition. Boy do I regret switching it out for this. Do yourself a favor and find a better brand, otherwise you may end up with severe back issues like me.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

This mattress and box springs, was part of the HUD/VASH VRC component to entry in the program. It was a wonderful find and I thank the staff for their acquisition. It definitely comes in handy with my Parkinson's Disease Plus diagnosis.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I bought my extra firm Sealy Posturepedic over 10 years ago, maybe it was even 15 years ago! I still sleep on it with pleasure without lumps or sagging; it is still very firm. My 6 cats love it... Day or night.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I used to have a Tempur-Pedic but gave it away when I was moving cross country. So when I went mattress shopping, I found the Sealy version which only cost half as much as my old Tempur-Pedic did and was pleasantly surprised that the Sealy mattress was the same mattress or slightly better than the tempur-pedic.

Sealy Mattress Company Information