2.54/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Sealy Mattress Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought one of those hybrid mattresses. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. I like a firm mattress, my husband likes a little less firm than myself. This hybrid mattress was the perfect fit for both of us. It’s not one of those temperatures controlled mattresses, but somehow it feels cooler than most traditional ones. We love it and would highly recommend it!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a good Sealy Posturepedic mattress at least 35 years ago. It's a double and I sleep on it alone. I turn it and flip it at least 3 or 4 times a year. About 25 years ago I put a 3 inch memory foam pad on top of it and I keep two of the expensive bamboo quilted mattress covers on top of that. It sleeps like the most expensive mattress on the market today. The original mattress is still in excellent condition.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I recently purchased the Sealy mattress and I'm so far extremely pleased with it, no more back aches, no more trying to get out of bed. Prior, I had 2 of the box mattresses and returned them both. Purchased a Sleep Number mattress based on all the great reviews (Sleep Number's website). I couldn't be more upset, displeased with a mattress. It's an air bag in the center, surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress enclosed. The mattress is supposed to conform to your pressure points. It certainly did, to all of the valleys in the mattress, to the valley between the mattress and its foam border. I kept adjusting the air pressure in the mattress, to no avail. My back has been killing me due to this mattress. The Sealy I purchased is firm, supports my back and the rest of my body.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Casper mattress and adjustable base. The mattress was okay but didn’t work well on the base so returned both and purchased a soft Sealy mattress and base. Mattress hurt my back and neck so returned that mattress for a firmer one which has been good so far about 30 days sleeping on that one. Rather regret that I didn’t try the Avocado Green Mattress which has a very good rating.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our longest lasting mattress was a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic which lasted almost 20 years. The next two were Beautyrest - a queen plush top that was not comfortable too firm, and a king cushion - top that began to show where we slept within one year. So we went back to a Sealy -- Got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Purchased a Sealy mattress from Cookes Furniture in Birmingham. As soon as we unwrapped our new expensive Catania latex mattress we noticed a horrible smell of chemical which I have researched. It is due to VOCs. Volatile organic compounds; made of a cocktail of toxic off gases particularly from the foam used to make the beds and the fire retardant chemical sprayed on them. It would take months leaving the mattress exposed to air with windows open to possibly get rid of the smell, but not guaranteed. Do not trust who says that these gases are not harmful. They are carcinogenic and more. I slept on it one night before making some research and my eyes the next day were very red and irritated, also every time I walk in the bedroom after a few minutes a start to belch and goes on for hours. We had no choice but to sleep in the spare room with the hope the smell will eventually go.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I purchased this mattress about 3 yrs. ago and due to spine problems I chose a firm mattress. It is the worst I ever had. I tried sleeping in the middle and am in physical therapy now due to back problems. I called the store where it was purchased and they sent someone to measure it. They said it only sunk in 1/2 in 3 yrs. I have had a neighbor lay on it as well as my daughter and they all agree with me. Now I purchased a new one but wondering if I should buy from the same place. I do not know if it is the store's fault or the mattress itself. Paying over $1,000 for a mattress is a lot for someone on a fixed income. The new one is a Sterns and Foster; but who is to say I will not have the same problems.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

2 year old expensive foam mattress, sags in badly where wife and I sleep with hump in the middle. Customer service could care less about the people who buy their crap products. What a waste, hopefully the internet based companies bury these old dinosaur companies who now peddle overpriced monkey excrement.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Received our mattress 3 weeks ago. The thing smelled so bad after unwrapping that we quarantined it in a room with the windows open. We even had to seal off the return air vent and tape the door shut because the odor was creeping into the rest of the house. I shouldn't be able to smell a mattress from the first floor that is shut in a second floor room with open windows. 3 weeks late, it still smells. Certipur my foot! This thing is toxic. Returning and will exchange for a different brand. Never again Sealy!

Original review: July 28, 2019

The Sealy mattress I purchased was around $1500. It was an innerspring mattress with a very plush top part. Initially it felt great, I slept really well on it. But after I had it for 2 years the mattress started sagging in the middle where I was sleep most of the time. The sagging got worse, now after having it for 3 years I decided to get rid of it. I don't sleep well on it anymore. This was the most expensive mattress I have ever owned and it's definitely disappointing to pay so much for a mattress that doesn't last longer.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information