3.20/5

Need a good mattress?

509 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a good Sealy Posturepedic mattress at least 35 years ago. It's a double and I sleep on it alone. I turn it and flip it at least 3 or 4 times a year. About 25 years ago I put a 3 inch memory foam pad on top of it and I keep two of the expensive bamboo quilted mattress covers on top of that. It sleeps like the most expensive mattress on the market today. The original mattress is still in excellent condition.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I recently purchased the Sealy mattress and I'm so far extremely pleased with it, no more back aches, no more trying to get out of bed. Prior, I had 2 of the box mattresses and returned them both. Purchased a Sleep Number mattress based on all the great reviews (Sleep Number's website). I couldn't be more upset, displeased with a mattress. It's an air bag in the center, surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress enclosed. The mattress is supposed to conform to your pressure points. It certainly did, to all of the valleys in the mattress, to the valley between the mattress and its foam border. I kept adjusting the air pressure in the mattress, to no avail. My back has been killing me due to this mattress. The Sealy I purchased is firm, supports my back and the rest of my body.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

In the city where I live, there's a Sealy factory. The mattress and box spring came from this factory; to order. I've had the mattress over 10 years! It has yet to develop indentations; soft spots, or lose its overall firmness. It's not a pillow top, so I'm able to rotate and flip the mattress. I have no plans to replace it in the foreseeable future.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Casper mattress and adjustable base. The mattress was okay but didn’t work well on the base so returned both and purchased a soft Sealy mattress and base. Mattress hurt my back and neck so returned that mattress for a firmer one which has been good so far about 30 days sleeping on that one. Rather regret that I didn’t try the Avocado Green Mattress which has a very good rating.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our longest lasting mattress was a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic which lasted almost 20 years. The next two were Beautyrest - a queen plush top that was not comfortable too firm, and a king cushion - top that began to show where we slept within one year. So we went back to a Sealy -- Got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Great 100. I enjoy my sleeping on it - never restless. It so back release I have no problem. Gone to sleep. The best-selling in my words. I at this time I wouldn't trade in unless you remake one that more comfortable for me that have to be the same brand.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought one of those hybrid mattresses. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. I like a firm mattress, my husband likes a little less firm than myself. This hybrid mattress was the perfect fit for both of us. It’s not one of those temperatures controlled mattresses, but somehow it feels cooler than most traditional ones. We love it and would highly recommend it!

Original review: April 15, 2019

We recently purchased a Sealy King Impeccable Grace mattress. Love the firmness. PERFECT for us. I love how it cradles you and does not make you sweat. What else can I say. Try it... you'll LOVE it too!

Original review: April 14, 2019

The first year and a half were fantastic. Now it caused hip and back pain. I have even had more night sweats than ever. I am currently shopping for a more cooling mattress that I can't feel the build of the mattress as I sleep ie coils.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Horrible, nasty, smelly. The springs came loose. I thought I was in the middle of a crossfire. I had really bad nightmares due to the uncomfortable way I was resting. It's been years. I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep.

Original review: April 13, 2019

It's a pretty good mattress for the price, but I don't seem to sleep through the night. Lots of tossing and turning. I've been thinking about trying the Purple mattress but I don't know very much about it.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Mattress got sag in it. There’s a measurement. It has to get to to be defective, 1 1/2 inches deep. Mine is 1” deep. Any sag isn’t acceptable, called co. That’s what they said. Sad you spend all that money and co’s are able to do that.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Wonderful but is 18 years old and my needs have changed. I have more arthritis and muscle pain and I have fibromyalgia. I sleep good, but wake up very stiff and sore. The mattress I have now is firm.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I have had nothing but good experiences with this brand. I find it comfortable, allowing me to sleep well. Their mattresses are durable, lasting for a long time. They offer a good value for the price.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have comfortably used it for over ten years and found it to be very durable and easy to maintain. It is flexible and I have been able to comfortably sleep on it when injured. Further the price was very reasonable and purchasing it was very easy.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The mattress is too firm for me. It is an adjustable queen size bed. The vibrating feature is a waste of money. It is okay. But I prefer a mattress softer. Disappointed in the adjustable feature, not for short people with fibromyalgia and back issue.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Sags under my weight and too big for me to turn alone. Had for 10 years. Should be more comfy (I am 65 and 115 pounds). Because I am short, and the frame the mattress sits on places it too high above the floor, I literally have to climb up to get in bed —and that is unpleasant.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Mattress went hard way too fast. We purchased a high end mattress that seemed fine for about 4 years and then got steadily harder now we need a foam pad. Hard to judge when it happens but reviews help to choose based on real life experience.

Original review: April 7, 2019

My mattress is rather old now. It was excellent when purchased and held up very well. It's just that we are in a whole new era of mattress making and this one does not fit the bill anymore. One of my biggest complaints is, if you can't afford top of the line...you lose!

Original review: April 6, 2019

After a short time can feel the springs, it doesn’t move or conform to your body, gets hard, not spill resistant, springy no. It’s white, not bum Ly enough. Prefer more stuffed quilt and some sort of brace for the body to keep straight and back in good posture.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have a Sealy Hybrid mattress and have had for about nine months. So far my wife and I like it a lot. We also purchased an adjustable base as well so the combination of the two equals many nights of restful sleep.

Original review: April 4, 2019

There are days when no matter how supportive my bed is it lacks the ability to address severe back pain. I like the fact I had 90 days to try it out and if not providing what was promised I could return it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

NO problem. Can't rate it because we had to take all of them to dump because of Bed Bugs but we loved them when we had them. Just can't remember kind. Looking for a Bed Bug proof one if possible. What more can I say other than if it were not for bug we wouldn't even be on here. Just don't know where the best place in Galesburg is to buy one.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Nothing great. I went look at mattresses and bought when I get afford. You are all very expensive I find it crazy. Did it cost so much to get a good night sleep? Sealy was really the only brand I know so I went with it.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My mattress is very comfortable. I have had it about 4 years. I downsized from a king to a queen of the same mattress at that time. It is the Sealy version of the Tempur-Pedic, fairly hard but it is what I like.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We have had it about 8 months and the sides have broken down and I have fallen off the bed twice. I am looking for another mattress now. It will not be a Sealy Mattress or I will never buy another one ever.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have had not any issues with my mattress at all. I turn it around every month and it has maintained its firmness. It has served me well. I am uncertain about how often you should actually change a mattress.

Original review: March 28, 2019

After having a mattress for many years, we bought this Sealy mattress in King size. After sleeping on it for only 10 days we knew something was very wrong. In just 10 days it developed deep indentations on both sides of the mattress where we lay, and completely bottomed out in those areas. We are not overweight so there is no explanation for this, besides a poor quality defective mattress. Now we have to fight to try to get our money back from the retailer. This is the worst company ever!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I Bought a Sealy Copper Mountain Pillow Top over a year ago and we were so happy with it, we decided to buy another set for our other bedroom, well that was in mid Feb and here it is late Mar and I still have no mattress. First they claimed it had shipped, then no one could find it, and they placed all blame on the manufacturer, they had no answer when I pointed out I bought the item from them not the manufacturer and THEY were the ones who cashed the check. Don't do business with these people. They are incompetent, great prices mean nothing when they have your money and you have nothing.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This was my first Sealy Mattress purchase and it has been a dismal failure. I’ve never had a mattress become so misshapen and uncomfortable so quickly. At less than two years old we have to exchange it for our old mattress from the guest bedroom. We can’t sleep on it comfortably. Warranty refused so we are stuck with this thing? Very disappointing.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information