Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

4.0/5 (512 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Sealy Mattress

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for 65 years. Its Posturepedic mattresses are durable and feature award-winning designs that promote a good night's sleep. Its cooling technology and Posturepedic memory foam create a comfortable place to sleep. While the mattresses can be heavy and slightly more expensive than others, most customers report being happy with the company's quality and exceptional customer support.

Pros

• Posturepedic technology
  • Temperature control
  • Wide selection

Cons

• Higher price
  • Mattresses are bulky/hard to move

Bottom Line

Sealy mattresses come in a wide range of sizes and styles. Prices are higher than some competitors, but models offer effective temperature control and Posturepedic technology. Sealy materials are breathable.

Top Sealy Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… So we went back to a Sealy — got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years. ... So far so good. I often think of ho...

Verified

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. ... I wasn't pleased tha...

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

Sealy mattress prices

Sealy's Posturepedic mattresses cost between $399 and $1,999 for a queen-size bed. Since Sealy partners with top retailers like Kane's Furniture, Macy's and Ashley HomeStore, the delivery cost varies based on the specific retailer's delivery policy. You can also purchase your mattress directly from Sealy online. The company regularly offers deals and promotions on its website, and standard shipping is free.

Sealy mattress models

Sealy offers four innovative mattress models designed with your ultimate sleep comfort in mind. The models cater to a variety of different sleep styles, budgets and design preferences.

Cocoon by Sealy
The Cocoon is a premium memory foam mattress that features cooling technology for those who get hot when they sleep. The Cocoon comes with extra-firm or medium-firm support and adjusts to your body size, shape and sleep position. The price for a queen-size Cocoon mattress is $697.50.
Sealy Response Line
These traditional, innerspring mattresses offer consistent support and respond to your movement. The Response Line includes the Premium, Performance and Essential models.
  • Response Essential: Starting at $399 for a queen-size, Sealy Response Essential mattresses feature stretch-knit cover, SealyCushion Air Foam and SolidEdge HD system. Essential mattresses are available in plush, cushion and firm models.
  • Response Performance: Response Performance mattresses start at $499 for a queen-size mattress and feature Posturepedic technology, SealyCool gel foam and the DuraFlex Edge system.
  • Response Premium: Starting at $1,299 for a queen, Response Premium mattresses feature Posturepedic technology, a SupremeLoft cover with moisture and allergen protection, air foam, gel foam and the DuraFlex edge system.
Sealy Conform Line
These body-conforming mattresses combine foam, memory foam and advanced gel foam. The dense foam combination is part of the Posturepedic technology, and the company uses SealySupport gel foam as the base layer on all Conform mattresses to provide flexible and durable support.
  • Conform Essential: Starting at $499 for a queen, Conform Essential mattresses feature standard support, Sealy ComfortSense foam and gel foam. Essential Conform mattresses are available in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Performance: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Conform Performance mattresses feature memory and gel foam. Conform Performance mattresses are available with Posturepedic support in firm, cushion firm and plush models.
  • Conform Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Conform Premium mattresses feature Sealy ComfortSense foam, gel foam, memory foam and Posturepedic technology. Mattresses are available in firm and ultra-plush models.
Sealy Hybrid Line
Sealy’s Hybrid mattress collection features 20% more coils than other models and uses memory foam to contour to your body and adjust to your sleep position.
  • Hybrid Essential: Starting at $1,099 for a queen, Hybrid Essential mattresses feature are firm and feature an Ultra-Stretch knit cover with moisture-wicking technology, a top layer of comfort foam and encased coils.
  • Hybrid Performance: Starting at $1,599 for a queen, Hybrid Performance mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill Technology, an encased coil system and Posturepedic technology. Hybrid Performance mattresses are available in cushion firm, firm and plush models.
  • Hybrid Premium: Starting at $1,999 for a queen, Hybrid Premium mattresses feature Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam, cooling gel and an encased coil system. Hybrid Premium mattresses are available in firm, plush and extra plush models.

Comparison of Sealy mattress collections

Mattress collectionMaterialEdge systemStarting price*
Sealy CocoonMemory foam$697.50
Sealy ResponseInnerspring$399 - $1,299
Sealy ConformMemory foam $499 - $1,999
Sealy Hybrid Innerspring + memory foam$1,099 - $1,999
*For a queen-size mattress

Sealy mattress FAQ

How much do Sealy mattresses cost?
Sealy mattresses cost between $399 and $2,499. The wide range in price reflects the many different models, sizes and extra features that enhance your sleep experience.
Who sells Sealy mattresses?
Sealy partners with retailers like Mattress Firm, Hudson's Furniture, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, Big Lots and other home and furniture stores across the country. You can use the retail finder tool on the Sealy website to find a store near you that sells Sealy mattresses. You can also buy your mattress online.
Are all Sealy mattresses Posturepedic?
Yes, all Sealy mattresses integrate Posturepedic technology to offer targeted support to your back and core while you sleep.
Where are Sealy mattresses made?
Sealy manufactures all its mattresses in the United States.
What is Sealy's return policy?
Sealy offers a 100-night sleep trial for all mattresses. If you're unhappy with your mattress for any reason after 30 days, Sealy works with you to address your concerns. If you are still dissatisfied, you can return your mattress for a refund.
Is Sealy Posturepedic memory foam?
Yes, Sealy makes its Posturepedic mattresses with a combination of memory and gel foam. This memory foam combines superior support with soft materials that contour to your body and adjust to your size, shape and sleeping position.
What is the best Sealy mattress?
The Cocoon mattress is Sealy's most advanced model and often considered the best mattress the company manufactures. However, Sealy designs every mattress for comfort and a good night's sleep.

Is Sealy a good mattress?

Sealy has been a leader in the mattress industry for more than 65 years. It consistently creates and designs innovative products that focus on support and comfort. Sealy goes above and beyond industry standards to construct every mattress with superior materials and thoroughly tests them to ensure a quality product.

Sealy Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: June 22, 2021

My brother in-law was a career employee of Sealy, and during his tenure, a set of Posturepedic mattresses was bought. It's been over 30 years, and the mattress is only now starting to show signs of 'wear'; honestly! There is no indentation in the mattress; still firm; no backache or other discomfort. Flipping the mattress every 6 months, may play a key role in it's longevity. My only concern is; wondering if Sealy has maintained the quality of their Posturepedic line, as the time to replace is drawing near...

Original review: June 20, 2021

Before I bought this mattress I had just a regular standard form mattress. I would wake up several times during the night with muscle aches and heat. Since getting this mattress I sleep thru the night sleep longer than I have in a long time. No more pain. Just cool and comfort.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I purchased a Sealy LaZe Queen mattress in a box. I rated 4/5 because I think the mattress itself is great, I sleep well on it, it stays relatively cool, offers good support without falling into it too deeply to roll over, and is a great price. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars is the fact that it is impossible to keep sheets on it. Maybe this isn’t the fault of Sealy, but my wife considered returning the mattress on this fact alone so it certainly has to be considered in the review. Overall I’m pleased with the mattress and would recommend it.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Nice pillow top with good stitching. It doesn't stay sunk in where your body lies after you get up but does form around you while you're sleeping. Probably the best mattress I've ever bought. It's the deep pocket sheet type, so be aware when buying sheets for this mattress. Thick enough that you don't even need a box spring under it really.

Original review: June 12, 2021

My Sealy mattress was bought last year around August 2020 because I needed to upgrade after having an older mattress for years. Upon looking and trying out a few, this unit was a good level of softness, quality, and firm support. More than anything, it was more affordable than I expected. I was disappointed I hadn't made this move earlier. Getting a Sealy meant I was getting a long-tenured company that provides a higher level of quality products, particularly mattresses, so I was confident in my purchase.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The mattresses structurally break down because of poor quality and design! I bought two of them and they broke down! Sealy will deny it, and will not refund your money.. The mattresses sag in the middle all the time and Sealy will tell you that it's not enough for a refund! At that point you're it's between an attorney and Sealy! SMH there's a lot of mattresses out there and you don't have to deal with Sealy!

Original review: June 26, 2021

My final thought is this, I would like to have my mattress a little harder. I hadn't bought one in a long time and the one I got is too soft and the store would not let me exchange it. I am trying to make do with it, so I will.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Decent mattress but will never buy the pillow top style again. After a while they just do not sleep well. Sometime buying name brand is not always the best deal. I will not buy pillow top of any brand.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I've had the mattress for 10 years. It was comfortable for the first 5. That started to change. I started having backaches and just not able to get comfortable and I can't really see any changes in the shape of the mattress. I would probably buy another in the future. But I always do comparison shopping before buying.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I can't rate the company, but I can rate my new bed. I never want to get out of it! After years with a standard innerspring mattress and box spring, I recently bought a medium hybrid with an adjustment base. Heaven!

Sealy Mattress Company Information