2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

Sealy Mattress Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

After owning my Sealy king size mattress for 4 years, it started sagging. I decided to file a warranty claim as our mattress came with a 10 year warranty. The filing process was easy and user friendly. (As long as you keep your receipts, tags and other important documents) After providing pictures showing the state of our mattress, our claim was processed and approved. We were told to expect 6 to 8 weeks for our mattress to be delivered. The whole process from start to finish was 2 weeks. I was floored. I have never, ever had such a pleasant experience in a claim situation. I wasnt pleased that our original mattress failed so quickly, but Sealy stood behind their product.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I bought a good Sealy Posturepedic mattress at least 35 years ago. It's a double and I sleep on it alone. I turn it and flip it at least 3 or 4 times a year. About 25 years ago I put a 3 inch memory foam pad on top of it and I keep two of the expensive bamboo quilted mattress covers on top of that. It sleeps like the most expensive mattress on the market today. The original mattress is still in excellent condition.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I recently purchased the Sealy mattress and I'm so far extremely pleased with it, no more back aches, no more trying to get out of bed. Prior, I had 2 of the box mattresses and returned them both. Purchased a Sleep Number mattress based on all the great reviews (Sleep Number's website). I couldn't be more upset, displeased with a mattress. It's an air bag in the center, surrounded by foam rubber to keep the air mattress enclosed. The mattress is supposed to conform to your pressure points. It certainly did, to all of the valleys in the mattress, to the valley between the mattress and its foam border. I kept adjusting the air pressure in the mattress, to no avail. My back has been killing me due to this mattress. The Sealy I purchased is firm, supports my back and the rest of my body.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Casper mattress and adjustable base. The mattress was okay but didn’t work well on the base so returned both and purchased a soft Sealy mattress and base. Mattress hurt my back and neck so returned that mattress for a firmer one which has been good so far about 30 days sleeping on that one. Rather regret that I didn’t try the Avocado Green Mattress which has a very good rating.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Our longest lasting mattress was a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic which lasted almost 20 years. The next two were Beautyrest - a queen plush top that was not comfortable too firm, and a king cushion - top that began to show where we slept within one year. So we went back to a Sealy -- Got a hybrid-softest because I had a hip injury. We are side and back sleepers. Have had it for 2 1/2 years... So far so good. I often think of how good the mattress feels when I'm lying on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Worst mattress ever! We bought this piece of crap thinking that for that price we would get something good. We are stuck still paying for this garbage! Not even 9 months and it was sagging from both sides and it has a lump on the middle of the bed. Thanks to the mattress we started having lower back problems. It’s painful to sleep in the bed but more painful still having to make the remaining payment in this awful mattress.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Our Sealy King Size mattress has sagged badly on both sides with a lump in the middle after a year. I have had such lower back problems with this mattress. It's unbelievable the dents on each side. You can't flip mattress as it only has pillowtop on one side. Only rotate!!! Don't buy.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Our Sealy King Size mattress has sagged badly on both sides with a lump in the middle after only 18 months. When contacted, Sealy maintained this is normal despite us knowing a number of people with King Size mattresses that haven't experienced this problem. When we advised Sealy that this never occurred with our previous mattress, they said it was probably due to advances in materials and fibres used in new mattresses! Very poor excuse and doesn't say much for their research and development. I noticed on Sealy's FAQ page on their website that they say "Today’s flat foundations help support your mattress to prevent bowing or sagging." Obviously that is not true and we will advise anyone considering buying a mattress to avoid Sealy!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

3 years 10 months old. We purchased this mattress from Sleep Country under 4 years ago and have been recently experiencing back aches. We took pictures of the mattress and sent them in to Sleep Country for warranty. They denied our warranty and said the product was found to have no warranty defect! There is apparent sagging on both sides of the mattress and we weigh less than 300 lbs combined! We have it on a wood frame with slats as well as a 1/4” piece of plywood for extra support so this should not happen with a mattress less than 4 years old that is supposed to have a 10 year warranty! So I guess we’re stuck with a $1,200.00 mattress that’s a piece of crap! I will never purchase a Sealy product again!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

We purchased a Chestnut and had it for one month and it had spots where you could see where my husband and I played in the bed. You would roll if you didn't stay in the one stop. They traded us out for another one and the same thing. These 2 was the pillow top. So we changed to the plush top. Not even had this one a month and same thing. And me or my husband are not big people. So in 7 months we have went through 3 beds. These are the worst beds. We will never buy a Sealy again. And we told the company that.

Not sure about Sealy Mattress?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information