2.32/5

Need a good mattress?

480 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

This was my first Sealy Mattress purchase and it has been a dismal failure. I’ve never had a mattress become so misshapen and uncomfortable so quickly. At less than two years old we have to exchange it for our old mattress from the guest bedroom. We can’t sleep on it comfortably. Warranty refused so we are stuck with this thing? Very disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Sealy pillow top mattress from a local vendor in September 2018. Today, February 13, 2019 the mattress has two sunken in areas. One where she sleeps and one where I sleep. Her side has sunk 1.25" and my side 1.5". Sealy's warranty states if it's sunk 1.5" they will replace the mattress. Sealy has refused to do this. Fortunately my local Mattress Warehouse has stepped up to the plate and honored the warranty. I replaced\exchanged the Sealy for another brand. Sealy states a 20 year warranty. Right? They could tell me it's a 100 year warranty. Warranties are only good if they are honored.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
    Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My current mattress is middle of line & has some degree of plush pillow top but I still have restless sleep & back problems. I need something more plush with memory foam. Some of the newer brands are more sculpted to the body. I like the new mattress where you can determine the amount of hard or softness. I also like the gel cooled mattresses. I would prefer a newer more advanced mattress that is customized to my needs.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have bought a Sealy Posturepedic mattress the last two times we bought a mattress. They hold up very well and are always sold at a good price in our area Sears store. I will probably buy Sealy brand the next time we buy a new mattress, which is in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Sealy Mattress was rated number 2 in its class by Consumer Reports, we found it in Sam's Club for $635. Half the price of anywhere else, for a Seally king size 14" superior mattress. It is absolutely fabulous and you could not beat the price anywhere. It is pleasingly firm, well made and we couldn't be more satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

My Sealy Mattress felt good the first couple years. I have scoliosis/crooked back; makes it difficult to sleep well on a regular basis. I have to arch my lower back to sleep comfortably. The “support under the lower back” does not work for me.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I got my current mattress 8 years ago, and I still love it. It is pillow-top cushy but provides great back support. It has held up well. It does have springs inside. The memory foam mattresses I have tried have all made me wake up in the middle of the night because I was TOO HOT.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Sealy Mattress is somewhat pricey. It hasn't lasted as long and good as I expected. Edges seem to break down. It does have our body "positions" embedded in the mattress. It has been nice to not have to turn it. However, we have turned it head to foot once.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Sealy Mattress is firm and comfortable! It helped with my back problem 100%! I recommend this mattress to everybody. Even my wife loves this mattress! This mattress is sold at most stores. The cost was reasonable too.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Oct 30, 2018 is today’s date. Do not buy Sealy mattress. You will regret it. I am even now. Who knew that it is a scam. I purchased Comfort Firm King size mattress on 3/30/2018, I had 60 days to return of which 30 of those days I was out of state of Alaska. I began complaining around the 70 days for over two months and no viable assistance from Sadler’s (local retailer). My problem is regardless where I lie on the left side or the right or even when I turned the mattress 180 degrees, I still ended up in the middle of bed because once the grooves or impressions are on the mattress; it stays there. It does not bound back.

The past two months, I go to bed just fine, but wake up with lower back aching throughout the day constantly once last over 7 hours. On 10/23/18, I decided to stop sleeping on my new, expensive mattress because I always awaken with back pain. Warranty department only will approved a 1.5 inch impression. They never considers the pain or agony one goes through. I also found out there is a degree of formaldehyde poisoning in the formation of the mattress. This formaldehyde may be causing my back pain. Prior to sleeping on this mattress, I never had any back pain. Customer service with warranty department does not exist; it only for show.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have a Sealy Mattress pillow top. Model 509708. Me and my husband both have very bad back pain and neck pain from sleeping in this bed. I often sleep on my couch instead of the bed. It sinks in the middle and has no support or comfort to it at all. I'm very disappointed mostly because it was a waste of money for something that was supposed to be a great product. Will not be buying this brand ever again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I will never buy another product from Sealy. I bought a Tempur-Pedic Mattress made by Sealy from Rooms-To-Go. The adjustable base would not raise the mattress within two weeks of purchase. I was directed to Sealy through RTG customer service. The Sealy agent stated that the base needed resetting. She wanted me to go under the bed to get a box to reset the base. When I informed her that I was unable to go under the bed, she told that Sealy does not send repairmen to reset the box. She told me to call her back when I could find someone who could go under the bed. When I informed RTG of her response, a RTG repairman was sent. He went under the bed and retrieved the box. He stated that the adjustable base was broken. Resetting the box would not have fixed the problem.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I previously had 2 great experiences with Sealy prior to this Ivy Brook purchase. Money is tighter these days, so couldn't just buy another one. Unfortunately, this mattress has caused major health issues, which affects my work & daily life. I must replace it. I am furious at such a horrible product Sealy put out there.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our mattress is 4 years old and is sagging on both sides. They would not honor the guarantee and told us there should be a middle support on the frame. Our box springs is holding this up perfectly. The mattress just sucks. Never had this problem before. Emailed many times with pictures what a total waste of time. What good is having a 10 year guarantee; totally useless.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I bought 3 years ago, a mattress. After a year the mattress was sunk, my back hurt a lot. I opened a case with them of guarantee. They did not answer. Always with a lie, that if the mattress has a stain it does not cover the guarantee. The case is that they never cover the guarantees, it's a lie. They always have an excuse, and they are not responsible for those expensive mattress that they sell. I am really very angry. Please do not lose money buying these mattresses.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered Sealy Response™ Premium West Salem Cushion Firm through Costco that was delivered last week. The company that delivered the new mattress also picked up the our old mattress. This is probably how our problem started. The next day after sleeping on the new mattress, I found bites near my private parts, so I knew it couldn't be mosquitoes.

I call an exterminator who advised me to immediately purchase and contain the mattress and box spring with bedbug covers and schedule a canine inspection for bedbugs. The dog searched my entire house and found bedbugs only in the mattress, so I only need to treat my bedroom. According to the exterminator, the delivery company probably contaminated the new mattress with old infested mattresses that it picked up. It's costing me $1,000 for everything, even with the refund from Costco. Am still fighting to be compensated, and Sealy is refusing to cooperate, even for the mattress itself. Avoid Sealy!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I bought this mattress from Sleep-Eze two years ago, was told it had a 10 year warranty. Sleep-Eze I guess was bought out. The mattress sagged to one side, I kept having to try and rotate it because it kept losing its shape. I finally had to buy a new mattress. I called Sealy, they wouldn't guarantee anything, a possible replacement if they deemed it worthy of one. I took pics of it, still has the tags and clearly shows the sag. They aren't interested. I don't believe they back up their products. Representative got a bit surly as well. I wouldn't buy another or recommend their products.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Sealy makes you jump through hoops hoping you will get discouraged and not continue with your warranty. I wish I would have done my research because I've only had my bed a year and most brands nowadays over 5 or 10 year comfort guarantee warranties. Sealy is just for defects and it's a long drawn out process that will probably end in them denying it. You also have to pay shipping fees when they verify it's a problem with their product.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought this mattress (Sealy Posturepedic) 2 years ago from Carlisle Bus Station Bed Centre. I am a pensioner and having slept on many different mattresses over the years this is by far the worst. My husband suffers with pain every morning. He can only sleep on his left side, where he had a dislocated shoulder, otherwise he rolls down from the mountain range in the middle and has twice fallen out of bed. We both suffer serious health conditions. My husband has had 3 heart attacks and I suffer from depression... For these reasons we do not want any hassle so have not complained. It cost us £1,049 for the bed and mattress, not an amount we wanted to throw away. Now we are not sure which mattress to buy.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought a memory foam Sealy mattress (no springs) 4 years ago. My boyfriend and I can't sleep on this mattress anymore without tossing and turning and waking up in excruciating pain. We splurged on a new mattress because he has fibromyalgia, and I have back pain, thinking this would be worth it to help us get better sleep. We were wrong. I've never had a mattress put me in so much pain, and I've slept in my fair share of cheap motels. This mattress lasted less than half the time a normal mattress would have, and we spend well over a grand on it. We don't have a lot of money, and it pains me to know we wasted it on this mattress and now have to buy another one. Two thumbs down, do not recommend.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I bought a new twin bed mattress and Sealy Ease adjustable base from Art Van in Lake Orion. Got great service from the salesman and loved the bed. I lost the remote down my a/c vent about a week after I got the bed and called Sealy. The lady I spoke with was so nice and checked to make sure they had them in stock and told me she'd send one right out and I should receive it in a week to 10 days. 8 days in I called to make sure it was sent and I was told they were on back order until July 27 which is over a month from now. Every single person I spoke with was unwilling to try anything to help me locate a replacement. They were rude, interrupted me while I was speaking, cold, indifferent attitudes. I would not recommend doing business with Sealy or anyone who sells their products. The message I got was clear. "We got your money now we don't care."

Original review: June 11, 2018

Bought a Sealy mattress from Sears three years ago and it is now so broken down in the middle that I roll to the center and cannot sleep comfortably at all. After working through the pages of paperwork to file a warranty claim I finally received an email saying I need to submit everything again. This happened two more times. Felt like they were making the process so difficult I would just give up on the warranty. Once the claim went through and was approved it took 4 weeks to be able to get a new mattress ordered and another 4 weeks to have it shipped. I also had to pay $140 for shipping to replace a mattress they agreed failed too quickly.

On the day I had set aside to be at my house to meet the shipping company they called in the last hour of the drop off window to say that it would not arrive until the next day. Zero compensation from the moving company or Sealy. Needless to say I will never buy from Sealy again and I would not recommend a Sealy mattress to anyone. I understand a product failing and can happily work through a warranty but the effort that Sealy took to make it nearly impossible to process a warranty claim and the lack of customer service is why I will forever take my business elsewhere.

Original review: June 8, 2018

It seemed like it was right off the showroom floor. Two kids later, you'd think it was brand new. Twenty years later, it smells a little funny, but still very firm.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Best mattress I’ve Owned. The independent coils make it very comfortable. The cushion top is very comfortable too. It is better than our old Simmons Beautyrest.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I wanted a traditional, medium-firm mattress and box spring. Too many new beds rely on slats or are memory foam based. Too soft and too warm. Sealy offered what I wanted at a reasonable price.

Original review: June 6, 2018

With a topper, super comfortable and my wife and I look forward to slipping between the Suma cotton sheets after a long day. We wake up with a smile on our faces.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Sealy mattress is fine but it's not a pillow top or foam like the new ones today. I actually added the foam topper a couple of years ago. It's about ready to be replaced.

Original review: June 3, 2018

The mattress topper got hard. I had to buy a latex foam mattress topper. The Sealy mattress was good but the mattress topper sewn on was not and it can't be removed. The latex foam mattress topper saved my bed.

Original review: June 2, 2018

It was firm when purchased. However, it didn't stay that way. The life of a mattress is 10 years. I've had those one for over 5 but I need another one. However it's hard to know how to select a good one. Everyone claims to be the best and all seem overpriced.

Original review: June 1, 2018

No assistance with warranty. It’s the cooling black ice type of mattress. But it was not cooling. It was very hot to sleep on. It was burning almost if laid longer than a couple hours.

Sealy Mattress expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Sealy has been making mattresses for over 130 years. It makes a wide variety of mattresses and is well known for its Sealy Posturepedic beds.​

• Cooling gel: Sealy offers beds with a unique cooling gel, which prevents the mattress from absorbing body heat so it stays cool while you are sleeping.

• Variety: It offers a wide variety of mattress options, including innerspring, hybrid, gel memory foam and latex foam. Note that motion control is not so great at the lower price points.

• Customer support: It offers excellent support during the weekdays and strives to make sure you are happy with your bed over time.

• Value: It offers a wide range of options in all different price ranges so customers are generally able to find a good value.

• Best for: Sealy mattresses are best for young adults, parents and new professionals.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
    Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Sealy Mattress Company Information