2.59/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sealy Mattress Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

Inherited Sealy Queen Size bed a year ago and find my sleeping patterns and comfort have improved immensely. As an older person I expect body aches but am finding great relief with this mattress. I compete in Masters Athletics and my body is subject to "excessive" hammering.

Original review: July 16, 2019

This company is a joke... I have been fighting with them for over 2 months trying to get my mattress delivered. I was approved for a warranty and they cannot get their ** straight to get one to me. They lie every time I am on the phone with them. They lost the mattress, they changed the delivery service twice and their delivery services have canceled the delivery 3 times without even calling me. Now the new delivery service says they do not even have our mattress. They offer no resolution nor answers. Customer service is no help, you never get the same person and what one will tell you in one instance another will tell you a completely different story.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 14, 2019

I had a Macy bed mattress for 12 years and loved it. After cosleeping with two kids it developed a hump in the center. (Husband and I sleeping on opposite sides with the lighter weight kids sleeping in the middle. So the perimeter began to sag but the center did not.) Despite that I still loved the mattress but my husband was ready for a new one. After A LOT of research and a visit to the furniture store (Price was a huge factor.) we decided on the Sealy Beach Street firm mattress. I hate it. I hate it so much I want to cry. I want my Macy bed back. Within a week of sleeping on it (no more kids in the bed) it developed a hump in the center. Mattresses are most definitely a "get what you pay for" item and quality is not cheap. But I will most definitely not be purchasing Sealy in the future.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We purchased the above mattress from Sealy 2 years ago. Before hand had no trouble what so ever with our backs, oh my goodness do we wish we had never ever purchased this mattress. After a very short time the mattress started to sag in the middle, it was like sleeping in a canoe. We contacted Sealy and they were not interested, after pestering them constantly they came out and smoothed out the indentation and then measured it.

When I asked the Sealy rep about this he said this is how they do it. I said that is a waste of time and not giving a correct measurement, he didn't care. Sealy did not do anything and tried to get us to simply go to the shop. The shop did nothing and after much backwards and forwarding nothing happened. An absolute waste of money. We both have bad backs now. In fact my husband had to go via ambulance to the hospital over back spasms. I have tried for 2 years to get help from Sealy they are absolutely not interested. Do not buy from them, I wish I had of read these reviews before we wasted all our money.

Original review: June 26, 2019

We are a couple in our early 50’s that didn’t abuse the mattress and used it very normally. The mattress has failed and is unusable as I sleep in a hole on one side and when laying on it, it has a large bulk in the center area that literally pushes you off the bed. It’s not comfortable, not usable. In filing a warranty claim, we were run through the gambit only to be told the mattress wasn't sagging enough visibly. After only 5 years of normal use, now they won't cover the failed mattress? Sealy has lost a customer for life as we’ll never purchase another Sealy product, and we'll let our friends and as many people know as possible about the poor quality of your product and our experience.

Sealy mattress is crap and so is the warranty coverage. Sealy puts money and profit ahead of its product quality and customer experience. For a combo spring/foam mattress to be covered it has to visibly show sagging of 1.5” or more. Unless the springs literally broke in two or fell out of the bottom, you won't be covered. Sealy has certainly made a warranty to cover their ** so it never actually has to provide a new product in the case of a failing mattress. Good work Sealy, you represent America well! I now know why the mattress business is run like a used car dealership. You are giving the already tattered mattress industry a bad name. As buyers in the future of mattresses, we’ll be very aware of the scams. Buyer of Sealy products beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: June 9, 2019

I purchased three mattress from Mattress One less than two years ago. Two are Mambo Plush Pillow Top Queen, and One is a Foxtrot Plush Pillow Top Queen. The two Mambo Plush are practically unusable. They have indentations of over 1 1/2 inches. When I turned the mattress, it happened on the again. I contact Sealy who wants to charge me $140 to deliver a new one, and 65 to take the old one.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Seven years ago, we purchased a Stearns & Foster mattress with a 10 year warranty from Carson Pirie Scott. Things were good for six years. I started having more trouble getting sound sleep, my back and hips started aching and I couldn’t get comfortable. Then I noticed a dip where my bottom rests. After exploring other possibilities that could be causing my severe body pain, I considered the bed being a major issue. I turned it around so the dip was on my partner’s side. The problem is improved somewhat, at least for me.... I shudder to think what the next months will bring. Since it is under warranty, I contacted Stearns & Foster, who told me to go to Sealy’s website and make a claim. I did that and was told to contact the store I bought it at.

Carson’s declared bankruptcy over a year ago, but apparently, some other company bought their name. I was directed to call them and they directed me to a warranty company called Serveco.com, since they only bought the name and not the responsibilities that go with the old company. I heard back from Sealy, also directing me to Serveco. I filed a claim with Serveco, only to be told that I need to file my claim with Stearns & Foster. I forwarded the Serveco response to Sealy and will forward the Sealy response to Serveco. If the mattress is only good for seven years, why do they give a ten year warranty?

Original review: June 5, 2019

Sealy is not the company it was. I purchase my copper plush hybrid mattress and foundation July 2016 for over $ 1400.00, it has caused me terrible back issues. Self says it has to sag over an inch deep for the warranty to cover the cost of replacement. This mattress doesn’t sag but has no support at all... But it’s not sagging. What a joke... Stay away!

Original review: June 1, 2019

We bought Sealy mattress with my husband 4 years ago. A year later, the mattress began to sag in the middle. As a result we both had back pain in the morning. Yet we bought one of the most expensive mattresses of this brand it kept sagging more and more and eventually pushed us to sleep on the floor. We contacted the store, they sent a specialist. He did his magic and concluded that the mattress sagged 1.5 inches, and to qualify for exchange it has to be 2 inches. At that time I was pregnant and the back pain was excruciating. I called the support service and was reassured that the mattress did not sag in the middle - I was told it's all in my head. My requests to escalate the complaint or speak with the manager were rudely denied. I am terribly disappointed with my mattress choice and the level of customer service. I would not recommend you to spend money on it.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Purchased top end Sealy bed. Was told by salesman it was “the Rolls Royce of beds”. Convinced husband it was worth the 6k. Was reassured by salesman that the warranty covered sag depth of 1.5 inches. Made him show me on a ruler. 12 months in - our bed had huge indentations in it and the sag was rock hard. Both of us developed back trouble. Got the company out to see, and I got told that the 1.5 inch was not correct. The Sealy warranty was based on “reasonable sag” (no measurement stated). Sealy would not pay out. Harvey ** would not cover it either. The worst rip off ever. We sold the bed for $50 (as it was hideously uncomfortable). We paid off the (nearly) $6500. We wrote to Sealy repeatedly, they kept replying saying it must be moisture levels. We always had a waterproof cover on it at all times (sold to us WITH the bed). The worst bed with the shortest life span ever. BE WARNED.

Sealy Mattress Company Information