2.65/5

Need a good mattress?

Need a good mattress?

520 Sealy Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 6, 2019

After a short time can feel the springs, it doesn’t move or conform to your body, gets hard, not spill resistant, springy no. It’s white, not bum Ly enough. Prefer more stuffed quilt and some sort of brace for the body to keep straight and back in good posture.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have a Sealy Hybrid mattress and have had for about nine months. So far my wife and I like it a lot. We also purchased an adjustable base as well so the combination of the two equals many nights of restful sleep.

Original review: April 4, 2019

There are days when no matter how supportive my bed is it lacks the ability to address severe back pain. I like the fact I had 90 days to try it out and if not providing what was promised I could return it.

Original review: April 4, 2019

NO problem. Can't rate it because we had to take all of them to dump because of Bed Bugs but we loved them when we had them. Just can't remember kind. Looking for a Bed Bug proof one if possible. What more can I say other than if it were not for bug we wouldn't even be on here. Just don't know where the best place in Galesburg is to buy one.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Nothing great. I went look at mattresses and bought when I get afford. You are all very expensive I find it crazy. Did it cost so much to get a good night sleep? Sealy was really the only brand I know so I went with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sealy Mattress?

Original review: April 3, 2019

My mattress is very comfortable. I have had it about 4 years. I downsized from a king to a queen of the same mattress at that time. It is the Sealy version of the Tempur-Pedic, fairly hard but it is what I like.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We have had it about 8 months and the sides have broken down and I have fallen off the bed twice. I am looking for another mattress now. It will not be a Sealy Mattress or I will never buy another one ever.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I have had not any issues with my mattress at all. I turn it around every month and it has maintained its firmness. It has served me well. I am uncertain about how often you should actually change a mattress.

Original review: March 28, 2019

After having a mattress for many years, we bought this Sealy mattress in King size. After sleeping on it for only 10 days we knew something was very wrong. In just 10 days it developed deep indentations on both sides of the mattress where we lay, and completely bottomed out in those areas. We are not overweight so there is no explanation for this, besides a poor quality defective mattress. Now we have to fight to try to get our money back from the retailer. This is the worst company ever!

Original review: March 23, 2019

I Bought a Sealy Copper Mountain Pillow Top over a year ago and we were so happy with it, we decided to buy another set for our other bedroom, well that was in mid Feb and here it is late Mar and I still have no mattress. First they claimed it had shipped, then no one could find it, and they placed all blame on the manufacturer, they had no answer when I pointed out I bought the item from them not the manufacturer and THEY were the ones who cashed the check. Don't do business with these people. They are incompetent, great prices mean nothing when they have your money and you have nothing.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This was my first Sealy Mattress purchase and it has been a dismal failure. I’ve never had a mattress become so misshapen and uncomfortable so quickly. At less than two years old we have to exchange it for our old mattress from the guest bedroom. We can’t sleep on it comfortably. Warranty refused so we are stuck with this thing? Very disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My wife and I purchased a Sealy pillow top mattress from a local vendor in September 2018. Today, February 13, 2019 the mattress has two sunken in areas. One where she sleeps and one where I sleep. Her side has sunk 1.25" and my side 1.5". Sealy's warranty states if it's sunk 1.5" they will replace the mattress. Sealy has refused to do this. Fortunately my local Mattress Warehouse has stepped up to the plate and honored the warranty. I replaced\exchanged the Sealy for another brand. Sealy states a 20 year warranty. Right? They could tell me it's a 100 year warranty. Warranties are only good if they are honored.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My current mattress is middle of line & has some degree of plush pillow top but I still have restless sleep & back problems. I need something more plush with memory foam. Some of the newer brands are more sculpted to the body. I like the new mattress where you can determine the amount of hard or softness. I also like the gel cooled mattresses. I would prefer a newer more advanced mattress that is customized to my needs.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We have bought a Sealy Posturepedic mattress the last two times we bought a mattress. They hold up very well and are always sold at a good price in our area Sears store. I will probably buy Sealy brand the next time we buy a new mattress, which is in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Sealy Mattress was rated number 2 in its class by Consumer Reports, we found it in Sam's Club for $635. Half the price of anywhere else, for a Seally king size 14" superior mattress. It is absolutely fabulous and you could not beat the price anywhere. It is pleasingly firm, well made and we couldn't be more satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

My Sealy Mattress felt good the first couple years. I have scoliosis/crooked back; makes it difficult to sleep well on a regular basis. I have to arch my lower back to sleep comfortably. The “support under the lower back” does not work for me.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I got my current mattress 8 years ago, and I still love it. It is pillow-top cushy but provides great back support. It has held up well. It does have springs inside. The memory foam mattresses I have tried have all made me wake up in the middle of the night because I was TOO HOT.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Sealy Mattress is somewhat pricey. It hasn't lasted as long and good as I expected. Edges seem to break down. It does have our body "positions" embedded in the mattress. It has been nice to not have to turn it. However, we have turned it head to foot once.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Sealy Mattress is firm and comfortable! It helped with my back problem 100%! I recommend this mattress to everybody. Even my wife loves this mattress! This mattress is sold at most stores. The cost was reasonable too.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Oct 30, 2018 is today’s date. Do not buy Sealy mattress. You will regret it. I am even now. Who knew that it is a scam. I purchased Comfort Firm King size mattress on 3/30/2018, I had 60 days to return of which 30 of those days I was out of state of Alaska. I began complaining around the 70 days for over two months and no viable assistance from Sadler’s (local retailer). My problem is regardless where I lie on the left side or the right or even when I turned the mattress 180 degrees, I still ended up in the middle of bed because once the grooves or impressions are on the mattress; it stays there. It does not bound back.

The past two months, I go to bed just fine, but wake up with lower back aching throughout the day constantly once last over 7 hours. On 10/23/18, I decided to stop sleeping on my new, expensive mattress because I always awaken with back pain. Warranty department only will approved a 1.5 inch impression. They never considers the pain or agony one goes through. I also found out there is a degree of formaldehyde poisoning in the formation of the mattress. This formaldehyde may be causing my back pain. Prior to sleeping on this mattress, I never had any back pain. Customer service with warranty department does not exist; it only for show.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have a Sealy Mattress pillow top. Model 509708. Me and my husband both have very bad back pain and neck pain from sleeping in this bed. I often sleep on my couch instead of the bed. It sinks in the middle and has no support or comfort to it at all. I'm very disappointed mostly because it was a waste of money for something that was supposed to be a great product. Will not be buying this brand ever again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I will never buy another product from Sealy. I bought a Tempur-Pedic Mattress made by Sealy from Rooms-To-Go. The adjustable base would not raise the mattress within two weeks of purchase. I was directed to Sealy through RTG customer service. The Sealy agent stated that the base needed resetting. She wanted me to go under the bed to get a box to reset the base. When I informed her that I was unable to go under the bed, she told that Sealy does not send repairmen to reset the box. She told me to call her back when I could find someone who could go under the bed. When I informed RTG of her response, a RTG repairman was sent. He went under the bed and retrieved the box. He stated that the adjustable base was broken. Resetting the box would not have fixed the problem.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I previously had 2 great experiences with Sealy prior to this Ivy Brook purchase. Money is tighter these days, so couldn't just buy another one. Unfortunately, this mattress has caused major health issues, which affects my work & daily life. I must replace it. I am furious at such a horrible product Sealy put out there.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Our mattress is 4 years old and is sagging on both sides. They would not honor the guarantee and told us there should be a middle support on the frame. Our box springs is holding this up perfectly. The mattress just sucks. Never had this problem before. Emailed many times with pictures what a total waste of time. What good is having a 10 year guarantee; totally useless.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I bought 3 years ago, a mattress. After a year the mattress was sunk, my back hurt a lot. I opened a case with them of guarantee. They did not answer. Always with a lie, that if the mattress has a stain it does not cover the guarantee. The case is that they never cover the guarantees, it's a lie. They always have an excuse, and they are not responsible for those expensive mattress that they sell. I am really very angry. Please do not lose money buying these mattresses.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I ordered Sealy Response™ Premium West Salem Cushion Firm through Costco that was delivered last week. The company that delivered the new mattress also picked up the our old mattress. This is probably how our problem started. The next day after sleeping on the new mattress, I found bites near my private parts, so I knew it couldn't be mosquitoes.

I call an exterminator who advised me to immediately purchase and contain the mattress and box spring with bedbug covers and schedule a canine inspection for bedbugs. The dog searched my entire house and found bedbugs only in the mattress, so I only need to treat my bedroom. According to the exterminator, the delivery company probably contaminated the new mattress with old infested mattresses that it picked up. It's costing me $1,000 for everything, even with the refund from Costco. Am still fighting to be compensated, and Sealy is refusing to cooperate, even for the mattress itself. Avoid Sealy!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I bought this mattress from Sleep-Eze two years ago, was told it had a 10 year warranty. Sleep-Eze I guess was bought out. The mattress sagged to one side, I kept having to try and rotate it because it kept losing its shape. I finally had to buy a new mattress. I called Sealy, they wouldn't guarantee anything, a possible replacement if they deemed it worthy of one. I took pics of it, still has the tags and clearly shows the sag. They aren't interested. I don't believe they back up their products. Representative got a bit surly as well. I wouldn't buy another or recommend their products.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Sealy makes you jump through hoops hoping you will get discouraged and not continue with your warranty. I wish I would have done my research because I've only had my bed a year and most brands nowadays over 5 or 10 year comfort guarantee warranties. Sealy is just for defects and it's a long drawn out process that will probably end in them denying it. You also have to pay shipping fees when they verify it's a problem with their product.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I bought this mattress (Sealy Posturepedic) 2 years ago from Carlisle Bus Station Bed Centre. I am a pensioner and having slept on many different mattresses over the years this is by far the worst. My husband suffers with pain every morning. He can only sleep on his left side, where he had a dislocated shoulder, otherwise he rolls down from the mountain range in the middle and has twice fallen out of bed. We both suffer serious health conditions. My husband has had 3 heart attacks and I suffer from depression... For these reasons we do not want any hassle so have not complained. It cost us £1,049 for the bed and mattress, not an amount we wanted to throw away. Now we are not sure which mattress to buy.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought a memory foam Sealy mattress (no springs) 4 years ago. My boyfriend and I can't sleep on this mattress anymore without tossing and turning and waking up in excruciating pain. We splurged on a new mattress because he has fibromyalgia, and I have back pain, thinking this would be worth it to help us get better sleep. We were wrong. I've never had a mattress put me in so much pain, and I've slept in my fair share of cheap motels. This mattress lasted less than half the time a normal mattress would have, and we spend well over a grand on it. We don't have a lot of money, and it pains me to know we wasted it on this mattress and now have to buy another one. Two thumbs down, do not recommend.

Sealy Mattress Company Information