1.12/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

Looking for a good furniture store?

New York, NY

524 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 12, 2019

I would give them 0 stars if possible. The salesman (Tom) in the King of Prussia store said that they had a special payment offer that we could pay in full in 45 days with no interest. We received a Raymour & Flanigan credit card that we had not requested and then a billing on the credit card with a payment due 33 days after the purchase and an interest rate of 29.99%. After getting no help from the credit card "customer service", I went back to the store. The store manager said "It is only 12 days early, what are you complaining about?" I told him that it was not what I was told and he said that I should just pay the full amount by the due date.

Since it was less than 30 days following the purchase, I said that I wanted to return everything as the salesman stated I could do. The manager then told me that I could not return the adjustable base and he could only give me a store credit for the mattress that I could use on a different mattress. Once again, not what my wife and I were told at the time of the purchase. They apparently will tell you any number of lies to get you to purchase their products and give you a hard time and no attempt to try to work with you afterwards to even come close to honoring the statements made at time of sale. Don't even go into one of their stores.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Don't go there. Shop around and if have to pay for better quality... I bought a accent chair from them and now waiting for a furniture tech to come see it. The salesperson never informed me that they had a no refund policy... That would be the first alarm going off. They do not stand by their products... Very dissatisfied with them.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Product and store really zero stars just had to rate one to submit review! I purchased a bed $810.30 from Raymour & Flanigan 2/24/2019, Tara the salesperson failed to mention that if the expensive waterproof cover was not purchased then the bed could not be returned or covered by the 45 day guarantee. The store pulled, tagged and delivered the wrong bed with my name on it. After the delivery I found some additional alarming tags, a bright orange tag labeled HOT!!! And a small blue tag with another customers name on it, the bed was the wrong size as well. I called immediately and sent photos to a someone at the store of the bed (still wrapped) and set up a time for the next day for an exchange.

The next few days with delivery were horrifying, the delivery people kept coming to my house way outside of the delivery window and even though I spoke with them prior to coming they would still come too early and left with not call me back. I contacted the store every day and never received callback. At one point I called and spoke to Daniel who told me there was nothing he could do for me, and that I am not there during the delivery time frame and they even offered to wait 45 minutes, which is a lie (I have recorded phone call of a driver coming too early). Daniel not only told me there was nothing he could do for me but that he could not cancel my order per my request at that point, because the bed had been delivered. (They still had not delivered my bed. They delivered the wrong product.) And Daniel hung up on me.

I called corporate and reported the experience, I spoke to April a manager the next day who denied my request to cancel my order because the bed is delivered (they still had not delivered my new purchased bed or picked up the wrong one). Eventually days later I received an exchange and the bed I received is hard as concrete, not at all like the showrooms we tried. I have called the store and corporate several times even crying once because I have had a migraine and body hurts every day from the bed so my daughter and I do not sleep on it anymore. No word from corporate.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We bought an expensive leather sofa (we saw one the same day at Macy's, we should have bought instead), from Raymour. Within 5 months the one cushion was going flat and the leather was buckling. I called the store (Exton, PA) and they told me they were sending the technician to re-stuff the cushion! I said that's all well and good since we are still in the warranty timeframe, but what if it happens again? They said you will have to pay for the service!! The guy comes and unzips the cushion and literally just stuffs it with fiber-fil! The kicker... He stuffed it more than the other one! I told customer service that this was ridiculous for such an expensive sofa and the woman argued with me. So much for the customer is always right! She didn't seem surprised that the furniture was sub-par. Bottom line, we are stuck with this defective, cheaply made sofa. We will never shop there again!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Purchased headboard, frame and a Stearns and Foster mattress. Got the platinum plan on both items. Less than one week after delivery the rail of the bed frame split. Contacted them immediately and sent in required photos to show damage. Response from them was suppose to be 72 hours. That did not happen. Contacted them and for some reason the representative could not comprehend the reason for the complaint. I hung up and someone did call back and once again explained the dire situation of the possibility of frame collapsing with two senior citizens in the bed. Said to give her to the end of day (Friday) and she would contact me Saturday. That did not happen.

Called again today Monday, March 4th and once again explained the situation. Representative said person who contacted me was not in but referred to another rep who would review photos. No one has returned calls! I have purchased many items from Raymour in the past - no problems with furniture nor with the platinum plan for repairs. I am so disgusted and I need some help from a SUPERVISOR!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

In May 2018 my husband and I purchased all of our furniture for our new home through Raymour & Flanigan. 9 months later, our dining room set's finish began to wear off. As this furniture was not cheap, we were very disappointed and are anticipating the other chairs and our matching server to soon have the same issue. As it was under warranty, we called to have the furniture exchanged. Upon reading recent reviews of the same dining set, there were several other customers with the same issue.

We were told that we could only exchange the table and not the chairs or server because there was not yet damage, and if we were to exchange the server we would have to pay $97 to re-stock it, and if they took the chairs they would use our platinum protection plan, even though the issue is a defect in their finish and not something on our part. We needed a day to think of our options and ended up decided to just exchange the table for the same one. After playing phone tag for about a week, we were then told that the table was no longer available as it was no longer being produced. So what I gather is R&F clearly knows this piece has a defect and should be recalled but will not admit that to the customers.

Beyond that, after speaking with MANY different customer care representatives (who all had different stories) we were told there were still 17 tables in the warehouse. I left work early to be home for the delivery and when they came they only brought the top of the table and attached it to my damaged base! This was on Sunday, and when I called customer service they were confused as to what happened and said they would call back.

Well, I called today and now the manager is trying to say I NEVER told them the base was damaged, even though a tech was here who took pics and I had emailed some as well. Oh, and the manager tried to argue with me saying that what I was saying was not true throughout the entire phone call. Also, We were referred back to the "Randolph customer care" each time we called (over 5x) who NEVER answers - it's literally a merry-go-round circus. I guess the customer ISN'T always right at Raymour & Flanigan. Next time, I will purchase quality furniture from a company who cares about customer satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Bought a four thousand dollar mattress and box spring about a year and half ago. The box spring support fell apart. When contacting customer service and the store all they would say is "Sorry nothing we can do." Granted it was a floor model. But at four thousand dollars they assured us there was nothing wrong with it. Our other mattress and box spring in the other four bedrooms were purchased elsewhere and for far less money and have never fallen apart. The only customer service offered was to sell us another one.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

They do sell things cheaper but the reason being it is low-quality stuff. They also don’t stand behind what they sell. They sold my sister an adjustable bed, that in two years stopped working and will do nothing to make it right. They had her call the company that made the bed and she was charged a high amount to send someone out just to look ago it. Then will send us the spartan and we are expected to fix it. Needless to say she hate pay ahead of time and still now one has been out to look at it and it has been 5 days. Raymour's answer was, "There is nothing we can do." Then they talked Her into a frame and it does not serve any purpose. I bought a bedroom set and the backs of the dresser were not finished to my liking, I called and they not another one, worse than the original and the guy that came did not even put it on right. They sell crap and don’t stand behind their crap.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

If I could give less than one star I would! This store and this company have been absolutely awful to my husband and I! We purchased the overpriced platinum plan but when we tried to use it to replace damaged furniture it turns out the $200 plan is a total scam!! After fighting for a week to get someone to speak to me about the plan, I was finally able, after much arguing, to get a partial credit. When we choose a new item we were then informed we can't use the credit to buy it!! The brick store said we can only use the credit for in stock/floor stock items- none of which matched the small room we were trying to shop for. I am very disappointed and I hope that our terrible experience can help others- don't buy from Raymour!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Purchased a 900 dollar bed. Within 8 months of began to buckle and sag. 7 year old nephew removed tag from mattress. Raymour said they are not obligated to replace because tag was gone. They had my receipt. Implied that I could have sewn a look a like mattress. DONT BUY FROM DISHONEST COMPANIES.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was looking to purchase bedroom set... Found one I loved in Raymour & Flanigan. To hold the price, they told me I can put a $20.00 deposit until I was ready to go ahead with the deal... They said it would hold price for 30 days. Before the 30 days was even near, the sales guy, (not even the one I was dealing with) called me 4 times... I told him I was not ready to go ahead & if it was a problem, I would come get my deposit back. He said, "WE CAN PROBABLY GET THE DISTRICT MGR INVOLVED FOR A BETTER PRICE"... I liked that...however, I needed a few days to go back with my husband. Well... I went back on a Sunday, the was extremely nasty & pushy... I have never even met him before, because like I said, I was dealing with some other sales person that must have left there.

He said he never called me and said that he can do better on price. He said I was dealing with him for a 2 months, (which I was not) I said forget it, the deal is off...just give me my deposit back... Here's the real deal breaker... THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY $20.00 IN CASH BACK... THEY SAID THEY SEND CHECKS OUT... I WAS PISSED BECAUSE THEY TOOK MY DEPOSIT IN CASH. NEVER WILL GO THERE EVER!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

This store sells very cheaply built, faux furniture and charges top $$. I spent over $5k to furnish a living room and dining room. I purchased top tier warranty plan and had serious issues from chairs falling apart to leather fading and mechanical issues with recliners. These incidents occurred regularly and even after a replacement the product was still junk. The delivery guys were extremely rude and customer service would not honor my repair request. I highly recommend A REAL furniture store if quality is important to you. If not save your money and get IKEA, Ashley or Walmart furniture because the quality will be better or equal to this company's original products and they will protect your investment without a bogus "Platinum Warranty". I would not ever recommend Raymour & Flanigan to anyone, ever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Bought a recliner in 2/17. It was great at first, but then the seat started sloping to the right and became very uncomfortable and unhealthy. Paid $34.95 for 5 years of protection. Called today 2/19 and was told there was nothing they could do. They said they would come to our house for a cost of $75.00 and still would not be guaranteed. What did I pay $34.95 for? They said, "You would have to had to recognized the problem within a year." STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I am highly disappointed on the platinum coverage with Raymour & Flannigan. My husband and I opted for the platinum package to have a peace of mind on the investment we made 3 years ago. Not knowing the coverage or warranty is all a scam and a waste of money. I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of Raymour's leather pieces for the price I paid the Leather set should have lasted more than 3 years in great shape. The color on all 3 leather pieces is fading, chipping, peeling just horrible and unacceptable from the reputable Raymour & Flannigan furniture store.

Please be advised I will be filing a complaint to BBB and on yelp to alert all prospective customers of the scam on the platinum coverage and the quality of the leather products. I really thought purchasing from Raymour & Flanigan was a good investment and wouldn't have the need to replace for several years but I was very wrong. I really expected a lot more from Raymour and Flanigan as advertised on TV and Website.

After all the money my spouse spent on the leather living room set and the platinum coverage now I have to get all of it replaced within 3 years of purchase. This is very unfair and Raymour should send someone out to take a look at the condition of my furniture and reimburse or give me credit to replace my purchase under the platinum coverage plan. All the customers should know that Raymour & Flanigan does not have the best leather furniture out there. People don't be fooled by the name of the furniture store and waste your money on buying from them. They do not stand behind their name and coverage policy. This is totally unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I purchased an expensive full size bed, box spring, and frame from R&F last year for my young son. Within eight months the box spring had broken down on the left and right side. It just collapsed and could not support the mattress. I contacted R&F and they sent out a technician to look at it before a replacement box spring could be sent. I thought for sure they would replace the box spring since it was under a year and sat on the high end frame they sell. The technician agreed that the box spring was defective and that it would be replaced. I received a call from their customer support saying that it wasn’t defective and therefore not replaceable under the warranty. I told her that the tech told me it was defective and would be replaced. The rep said the tech told her it wasn’t defective. I felt scammed and had no other recourse than to contact the maker of the bed, Sealy.

Sealy told me that standard procedure is for R&F to take care of the warranty from their end, but since they refused to, then they would take care of the warranty issue for me. They advised me to take pictures along with proof of purchase and email it to Sealy. After two days, I received an email from Sealy telling me the mattress was defective and that they were sending me a replacement. Also, they said that R&F was definitely in the wrong for how they handled my warranty problem.

I will be writing the R&F corporate office tomorrow and giving them the name of the customer rep who handled my claim in such an underhanded manner. How I was lied to and treated very disrespectfully and all for a two hundred dollar box spring. I will let it be known that I have cut up my R&F credit card and will never purchase another item from their store ever again. I purchased many items over the years from R&F and never once have I used the warranty, and to be scammed and lied to has left me with a very bad feeling. My money will be spent elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I went into the Raymour and Flanigan showroom in Farmingdale, NY to look at couches. I saw a couch I liked, took its information sheet and left to go shop around. I returned home and decided to make the purchase from Raymour and Flannigan. I went online and ordered the couch that I had sat on in the store in the color I wanted. The couch arrived on 12/18. I immediately called attention to the fact that it was not wrapped in plastic and was dusty and had hair and lint on it. The deliveryman said "once it's in your house, it's yours. No returns."

I called Raymour and Flanigan in Farmingdale (as the deliverymen ran from my home) and was told that since I purchased online there was nothing they could help me with. I called the corporate number and was told 'no returns'. I am perplexed. The couch is a sectional that does NOT connect so the pieces float around as if they are two separate couches. The back of the couch is bowed and warped and the seat is all depressed and broken. Such a piece of junk.

I continued to call Raymour every day until they sent a technician. The technician told me that the warped back of the couch, the fact that the sectional arrived filthy, and the fact that it doesn't connect are all part of the couch being cheap and poorly made BUT since there was no defect, it's mine, no returns. I want my money back and the couch removed from my home. I have been offered $800 (I paid over $1300) for the couch from Raymour because they have acknowledged that the couch is poorly made. I want my money back. This business should not be able to dump something off at a home and claim "it's yours, no refunds."

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought a sofa from Raymour & Flanigan in June 2018. After 4 months the material on the cushions began to stretch and sag. I called to complain and was sent a new set of cushions in November 2018. Not even a month later the same thing began to happen. I called to complain again and after a month they sent a technician who said this was normal and the cushions were intact. I then received a call from a customer service representative who told me the same thing. When I told them I am not satisfied with this sofa I was told they could not do anything about it. So much for the manufacturer's warranty and Raymour and Flanigan standing behind their merchandise. I will not be buying furniture from them again and will make sure friends and family know of their poor customer service policies.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We ordered furniture from Raymour & Flanigan for our new house - 2 sofas, a settee and dining table + 4 chairs and a bench. The day of the delivery, the drivers called way before the scheduled delivery time to say they would arrive in 30 minutes. I had recently (10 days prior) had an emergency c section and was staying with my in laws 40 minutes away so I told them I would drive up immediately and to wait.

I rushed there to find that they had the landscaper accept the delivery — left all of the furniture in one room, blocking the entrance and left the legs off the table! They didn’t even leave the hardware to put the legs on!!! It took countless calls and 1.5 weeks for them to send someone out. One of the sofas didn’t fit in the room we wanted, despite measurements - we asked to exchange it and they told us it would be a 40% restocking fee! After spending almost $6000 with a company you’d expect decent customer service. I will never buy anything from there again and will advise everyone to avoid shopping there.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Overall experience was not bad from the beginning. The salesman was polite and not pushy. Provided a clear understanding of the selection, pricing and delivery guarantee. We verified that the pieces we purchased were in stock and a delivery date. Notified the next day that one of the items was out of stock and it would not be arriving with the other items and no date for its delivery could be offered. I talked to the store manager and asked him what could be done and he indicated there were multiple options. I asked what compensation would be offered since the guarantee was not going to be met. He offered no tangible option or solution. I feel that if stores are going to offer a guarantee it must be backed by some form of resolve and compensation to the buyer. I call this false advertising. I would never recommend this store or any other in its domain.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Ordered a small table online that was delivered to my local store. The box looked ok, so I did not check. Was damaged and was told someone would be at my house today to fix. No show, no call. I called them only to find that they cancelled the service call and did not call me. Was told they would be in touch. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Ordered a bed frame from Raymour & Flanigan in June. After just over 5-6 months of use, the frame snapped due to it being improperly assembled. After calling multiple times to get the issue addressed, they told me they would exchange the bed. I received no further communication from them or even a time frame of when to expect the replacement, so we disposed of the broken frame, as we live in an apartment and it was a safety hazard.

When they brought the bed, they chastised me for not having the previous bed and left, despite receiving no indication that it was required. After resolving this and getting things cleared up, the company delivered the product again on the agreed upon date. However, despite having the product within their possession for over a week, as well has having loaded it up, trucked it, taken it off the truck, and loaded it again, it was discovered that the product was missing hardware essential to the integrity its usage. While they contacted the warehouse for further instructions, it was said that because it was listed as an "just an exchange" that the delivery crew didn't pay quite as much attention to the instructions as usual, despite it being flagged as a priority by corporate.

After that discussion, they removed the frame, loaded it back on the truck, and took it away. I called corporate and spoke with a manager who informed me that because of the oversight, they would have to re-order the frame from the manufacturer. They got the new frame in and were supposed to deliver it today, however despite talking to multiple managers and being told that this was being flagged as a priority, the delivery team was under the impression that we had the old bed and expected to use parts of it to assemble the new bed. So, for the 3rd time in two weeks, they drove off with my purchase. This, along with the lack of communication with the delivery group regarding what the expectation was for the item and their lack of care regarding the products is inexcusable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We bought a very expensive furniture including the recliner, we paid for 5 years guaranty. The furniture were supposed to be leather and our guaranty was supposed to cover everything. Less than a year with the product the leather started to peel off. We contacted customer service and their answer was that the damaged experienced by the furniture was not cover by our plan. I am so disappointed with this furniture store that we have initiated a campaign among friends and family no to buy from the store. We took pictures of all the pieces so we can share them with other people. This is the worst investment in our lives. This store should be out business by ripping off people. They should be ashamed of themselves. We took that pieces of garbage out of our house and bought something from Macy's.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We bought a Oakley 6 piece set from R&F. Within a few days of purchase, something popped (most likely a spring) inside the backrest of the chaise lounger that is a part of the set. I contacted customer service, and they said that it would be about 2 weeks when a technician could come to our place to fix the problem. They would not give a time window other than saying it could be any time during the day. The day was today. I waited the whole day, and nobody arrived. No phone call or email either. So, when I called customer service again, they said the technician called but nobody answered the phone. That is totally untrue.

There is something called phone record, and it doesn't show any number that I missed today. I told him that, and he said he couldn't speculate on what happened, but he had to take the technician's words for it, basically implying that I am a liar. The next available date in December did not work for me, so we had to go to January. Then he said that he could not book for January in December, so I have to call back again to set up a time in January. I was totally at the end of my wits. When I asked him to connect me to his manager, he said that he would have to email his manager and ask them to get back to me.

I asked why he could not just connect me by phone, and he said that he doesn't have their phone number. Then he disconnected the phone. I have never experienced such horrible customer service before. First of all, when you buy a piece of furniture paying more than fifteen hundred bucks, you don't expect something to break immediately. And, then when it breaks, you expect the company to be responsive in taking care of the problem instead of giving the customer a runaround. I am deeply dissatisfied, and I hope these guys know what they are doing is wrong.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Purchased 2 loveseats so my husband and I could have our own. Mind you this was a replacement set because the first set fell apart within a year. The tech came to my house yesterday and looked at the seat. He said clearly it is broken and can’t be fixed while he was sitting in it. He took a picture and sent in his report. Today I got a call saying it was normal wear and tear. My husband and I are the only ones that sit in these. When you sit in it you drop down like there is a broken board so you sink way down. I sit in mine as often and it does not sit like his. So what you are telling me is cause we sit in our chairs they are supposed to break in a matter of 5 years.

If we wanted to replace our furniture often we would of went to a discount store and purchased a garbage set. Before we purchased this set we had a set that we paid $250 for a full size couch and recliner. That set lasted us 15 years, only got rid of it because of remodeling. Think I will go to another discount store to purchase. So if you are going to buy furniture from Raymour & Flanigan don’t sit in it because I guess in their eyes it is to look at and suppose to sit on the floor so not to wear it out. I will never purchase and don’t recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Raymour and Flanigan has the worst customer service. I had purchased many items from them in the past. They do not care about the customer at all once the purchase is final. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We bought a dining room set there. It wasn't cheap but when it came it was cheap. The chairs obviously did not come with the table because they are too high. In addition, one of the chairs was shaky. We called to have it replaced. After much, much conversation they finally came to replace the chair. When I asked if they checked their furniture when it was delivered to them, I was informed that the way they receive the furniture is the way they deliver it and see no reason to check. The table is shaky now and the cushions on the chairs are deflated.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My 1st purchased was a leather sectional, and that broke at the seam within a couple of months and could not be repaired because cushioned was attached. So I was able to select a different set (Bernhart name brand), more money, Loveseat 1400 and sofa 1500, thinking better quality. "Negative". The stuffing on the loveseat is starting to come down on the sides of the and gather in the middle, making a small bulge. So my new option now is to replace loveseat with different piece that's not the same matching one, and get credit for the big sofa since it's been used. Not to mention my bedroom, the tall dresser cracked and the repair was... more pudding, paint, and shine. I'm so disgusted with all of their products. I will never purchase another thing from them. I am planning on getting the media on my side and I'm reporting them to the BBB and also Attorney General.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Ordered sofa from Flanigan website... dimensions listed were 74 inches from inside arm to arm... actual size, 68 inches, that's six inches less to lay down on, not one or two!!! Arms are listed as 5 inches wide, actual size 7 inches!! Total length listed 84 inches, actual size 82 inches. WOW... called immediately to report this to store in Greece, NY... Cust Service manager Maria ** informed me no returns, receipt clearly states that and we signed it. She could care less. We are long time customers, just kept repeating, "You signed the receipt." Her response to losing us as customers forever was "yup"... and then "yup" once again... Isn't it unethical to sell furniture that has fake measurements?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Purchased a desk, a chair and file cabinet. No problems with the experience until a caster broke on the chair. Called their customer service number to purchase a new caster. They could not do anything to get me the new caster. Definitely done with them. It would have been so easy to keep me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Purchased this leather 3 seat cushion, saddle armed (hâte them) 2 recliner couch. Will be 1 year 12/1/18. Couch initially seemed comfortable in store. Home not so much. Can’t lay down, right side totally sank with a hole, sinking in front, footrest collapse, need to rotate sitting needs to keep couch looking even (pathetic), back of coach for my bad back. Horrible. No head or lumbar support when reclining, and finally and most importantly no sick, fluey, fever, coughing watching TV couch potato expérience on this piece of crap. And it wasn’t cheap. DO NOT BUY!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs