Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

New York, NY

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a mattress that cost me $4,000.00 because I was having back and hip problems at the time. The mattress had a 25 year warranty on it. The tech (Rubin) came out to measure the mattress in the sagging area and told me it is short a 1/4 of an inch to be replaced. At this point I would take a $1,000.00 mattress to replace this glorified so called smart response technology mattress. I told Rubin that he should lie down on it and tell me what he thinks but said he was not allowed to. I am not gonna go on and on about how much furniture/mattresses I have purchased in the past but I will let you know I will never purchase another item from Raymour and Flanigan again!!!

I had several friends recommend Raymour which led me to go there and shop. I have already let them know what crap you are selling. What a disgrace on Raymour's part that this is their policy in which Rubin must come out and give the same story to all the consumers that are having mattress problems. I hope for Rubin's sake he is getting a good payoff in which I doubt from Raymour. So what am I to do with a mattress that I cannot get a good night sleep on. Maybe I should dump it at their front door and they can sleep on it. I will be posting this on Yelp too. Angry consumer... $4,000.00 in the garbage!

I have spent over $12,000 on furniture at Raymour and Flanigan. My last purchase was a bedroom set for $6,000.00. I was in love with this set and used my hard earned money to purchase it. After a few months I noticed "sawdust" under the furniture and in the drawer (note, we have moved into a brand new house that is termite free). I was not sure what it was.

After getting it inspected, I was told that it was termites. I tried contacting the store several times to resolve the situation. I was told by a manager that "we are not pest control." Yes, to my knowledge, the furniture was made in China. I am so disappointed and frustrated since I am now unemployed and unable to replace my bedroom set that I fell in love with. How can a company be so cruel? After months, years of calling and getting nothing resolved, I had to throw away the furniture so that termites won't take over my house.

After just a year of having purchased a nearly $3,000 "leather" couch, the leather began to peel in some areas. The way the Raymour & Flanigan technician try to "repair" the damages was by spray-painting those areas with a light metallic gray paint which on my dark taupe couch made it look ridiculous. Also, the strong smell that the paint left in my house was pretty bad, we had to leave the house for the day because we couldn't take it. Don't fall for their lies, their quality is mediocre at best (I have more furniture from them) and their Platinum Protection is just a scam.

I purchased $5000 worth of leather furniture and a mattress set from Raymour and Flanigan Furniture. The mattress sagged within 2 years and I had a tech come out and check it when he told me with a stick and pin it wasn't sagging enough. Tell our backs that when my husband and I get up every morning with aching bodies. It was a Beautyrest Black. The leather furniture also started to crack like another reviewer. I also was told yes it was leather. They are all about the warranty and reputation but stand behind neither when it is needed. I will never shop at Raymour and Flanigan again and I will tell anyone about their crappy customer service. This is the first time I wrote about a store's reputation but I was so disgusted with their performance I felt I should warn others. Sore in Pennsylvania.

I had my first Christmas dinner in 2016. My brother sat on a chair which then collapsed and he cut his leg. Till this day my chair is sitting in my kitchen upside down and cannot be used. No one has called me back to fix or replace. Very disappointed. I've bought other furniture from R&F in past. I'm not getting any help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Purchased $500 coffee table. The taxes were computed; however taxes was included on the delivery. I called the an 866 number fact the corporate office and asked why was tax place on delivery. She stated that it was a fee. This is the sort of thing that should be told to the customer in advance, as well as identified on the sales receipt. It was not only $50 delivery but tax on delivery. I think it's very unfair and I don't even know if it's legal in the state of Pennsylvania. I will definitely rethink patronizing the store. It makes one wonder.

Spent 8k on furniture. The delivery guy broke the bed while installing and left. I called right after and got the "after sale" treatment everyone is talking about. The random customer care so called supervisor Vallerie had nothing but condescending statements. I called right after the delivery guy left but I was questioned if I broke it. Ridiculous. I wish I had not spent so much money here. No future business or referrals. We were excited to get our furniture but extremely disappointed with the way they handle customer relations. Every single person is nothing but rude. We now have a wobbly bed and no clue what to do with it. No one seems to care or call back. Raymour is nothing but a glorified scam. I wish they get sued for this. Platinum protection is a joke. I will continue to fight for my money and update.

Last Sept I purchased a sectional electric recliner. It was delivered without the electric cords. They tore it bringing it in. Immediately 1 of the recliners stopped working. A few weeks later we were down to 2 of four not working. I complained and was told "Too bad they were marked down." Then I was told they would send it up the chain of command. They just keep me going in circles. They won't even tell me who fixes furniture for them so I would have the right person. I GIVE UP.

Spent $2500 on a power, build a set, love seat and a recliner. Haven't had recliner problems but haven't used it much either. BUT the one side of the couch has been repaired 8 times in approximately 1 year. I'm a 6 ft 220 lb man and the frame has broken 3 times and the power motor for my legs has broken 5 times. I feel the quality is low and cheap. Fortunately for me I bought the 5 year platinum warranty so they only get repaired when they break. But, they finally agreed to replace the bad side and they informed me I would lose my warranty. I would only have the 1 year manufacturer's coverage. So to me if the quality is cheap and I've had all these problems it could happen again so I told them I would keep the old one and they can keep coming to repair the crap they sold me every other month as it seems to keep breaking. I'm hoping they will choose to replace it to save them money but I'm not losing my platinum crap protection plan!

I purchased a what I was told was a leather living room couch, chair, and ottoman showroom set and 1.5 years later, it's cracked and tearing/ripping apart on ITS OWN! I immediately contacted the corporate office and was confirmed that it ISNT Real Leather but a Man-Made Manufactured Fake leather Called BI-Cast Leather!!! I was furious because I thought I was sold 100% Real Leather furniture and I Was Scammed! The representative assured I would be contacted by the NE District Manager. It's been a month since I contacted the Corporate Offices and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE except getting the runaround by Raymour & Flanigan.

I informed them I want a full refund so I can replace this Garbage Raymour & Flanigan Calls Leather Furniture and all I was offered was an INSULTING $100!!! I refused their insulting offer and insisted they reimburse my purchase price and MAKE ME WHOLE! I can't even donate it because IT'S Cracking and Tearing on Its OWN! I Wouldn't do that to ANYONE and yet this company seems oblivious to ANY Customer Complaints and or Reviews. Therefore, BE WARNED And DON'T SHOP AT RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN because IT'S Garbage and A Complete Scam Rip-Off!!!

I have bought a lot of furniture from your company. In the past 30 years, my wife have furnished our house, my son's house, daughters, brothers summer home, and good friends homes, TY. I only had two times, needed action on some repair work. First one, total exchange of living room leather furniture after five year of use, for new, free. Second was framework, a gentleman, repair man (Allen **) was sent to our house. Great Job, TY, will always refer friends and family to you. Keep up the Good Work.

I bought this mattress at Raymour and Flanigan for $2,000.00. After only 6 years, I have a backache when I use this mattress. When I switched to the other side of the bed, my backache went away. Simmons would not handle any complaints and told us to deal with Raymour and Flanigan. To replace the mattress within the 10 year warranty period, the depression needs to be 1 1/2 inches. Comfort is not covered and they do not care if I have a backache. I will never buy anything from Raymour again.

After several visits to the store and really spending time on choosing the right mattress, I purchased a box spring/mattress set on sale for close to $1000. The mattress came and was hard as a rock -- not at all the mattress I tried out in the store. They told me I would have to pay $100 restocking fee, but it seems that there would be no guarantee I would get a mattress that worked??? What a scam. After a huge effort, I cancelled the protection plan (because although the salesperson assured me it covered "everything", basically nothing that actually happens to mattresses was covered). I will never shop here again -- I had to pay several hundred more dollars for mattress toppers and my mattress is still too hard.

I purchased a Simmons ComforPedic iQ 200 king size mattress from Raymour and Flanigan on June 30, 2014 for $4662.88. I also purchased the extended warranty requiring purchase of a $119.00 mattress protector to hold the warranty valid. Over the past 6 months my husband and I have been experiencing tremendous back pain, due to the fact that the mattress is sinking in when sat or laid on. If there are 2 people in the bed, the heavier weight person sinks in and the other lays on a surface comparable to concrete.

So, I contacted the warranty dept who sent a tech out. What did they do, you might wonder. Well, wasted my time, he placed a lightweight bar tool gently on the mattress to check for defects, (dips). I was contacted shortly after by the warranty dept, explaining there was no defect noted in the pictures with the bar laying on the mattress. Complete lack of concern, dismissive, and no further concern from this dept. They will not do anything to resolve the issue, and simply stated, we are not allowed to sit on the mattress. How about this, you put something on the mattress equivalent to the weight of a human adult!!!

I made a purchase beginning of December. Towards the end of December I was calling the store at 150 Harmon Meadow Blvd in Secaucus NJ asking about my bill as I have not received one. I was told it was too early for a bill. I called again January 5th. I was told there was a 30-day grace period, so please call back on January 14th. I called on January 13th and was told to allow another week or two. I called AGAIN on the 25th saying something needs to be given to me now! I'm was given a number (credit support). Turns out my bill is now late and was due the 20th.

This is unacceptable. I've been calling since the end of December. I'm told by the so-called manager of customer service that they don't have account information to which I respond; this is perfectly fine but if a customer is calling and calling and calling and calling about not receiving a bill you give them the phone number to credit support and that should have been done on the first call! It's just that simple but her attitude was one of she didn't really care and to me that says the company doesn't care so although they've got my money this time, there won't be a next! I fully intend on telling anyone who will listen NOT to do business with this company. I will pay my bill and I will be forever done with this company. I find it incomprehensible that a customer service representative or this poor excuse of a manager would not give out the credit support number the first time a customer calls. Instead they allowed me to call and call and call until my payment was late.

We made purchases previously from Raymour and Flanigan, store saved our information. Recently when I went to check sofa, but I didn't make a decision and returned home. But later store placed order without my knowledge and called me to make delivery. I was really surprised and told them, I never placed any order. Later they called to say sorry, but it's all a scam. Don't provide any information to store representative unless you are 100% sure about purchase. Raymour and Flanigan's platinum coverage is another rip-off.

My experience with Raymour & Flanigan went very well. But after a day I noticed a large scratch on my coffee table. I called to have a tech look at the scratch. He put some type of stain stick over it and said that the furniture is supposed to look like this. He called it distressed. I did not buy distressed furniture, nor does it say distressed anywhere in the description. The table in the store does not have scratches. Why would I buy a new table with scratches! I don't like the fact that they lied instead of trying to resolve the issue. That is sad because I need more furniture and will not be going back.

We purchased 3 chairs after the holiday. KARA FLANNEL/ESPRESSO & A recliner. Issue with that there's a bar where the lumbar in your back is, well let's just say, I can't sit in the chair without feeling a rod in my back. It's the hunter green one. It's the only color it comes in. DON'T BUY! SO, we had also purchased two barrel chairs, KARA FLANNEL a teal color. Literally the first time we sat in them, and we did love them and we're happy to get replacements, the stuffing was coming out of the corners of the front of the chairs the first time my husband noticed me sit in it. I'm 5.4, 125 pounds, these are big chairs. They are not sewn in corners because they are afraid they will rip. Well then obviously you need to make a pattern that suits the chair!!

We called within a week. A guy came out yesterday and took pics and told us how a lot of their furniture is crap especially couches with bunched up fabric. Anyway, he took pics. I get a call from some guy that might as well been a recording, with his "I UNDERSTAND MA'AM"! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I want my money back and they won't give us our money back because this is how they all are manufactured. I said, "shouldn't they tell the customer they are getting ripped chairs?" "I'm sorry, ma'am."

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS SCUMBAG Store again! Hopefully people realize this is just as bad as BOB'S DISCOUNT. Randy, a bald head guy who is pushy, arrogant, awful salesperson at the Manchester, CT store, who tried to sell me a $5,000 foam mattress, but when we went back, I told him, "I bought a Sealy King Koil from Bedding Barn." He then said that was great after trying to sell me a foam one for over an hour. Which is it Randy?? Just ridiculous. Sharks, I know you don't make much as I saw the car you left in but you would get more if you were honest. You were like, "are we throwing in the sofa too?"

Hey Randy, you're not that good. Bottom line is now we're stuck with 3 pieces of ** within weeks. Yes, we did check the pieces, but no we didn't dig in seats to see if they were sewn. Hopefully I can post pics. To save others the hassle. DON'T BUY FROM THIS TRASH PLACE. Thank God we bought our gorgeous sofa at Macy's worth 9 week wait!!!

I went with my mother to purchase a mattress and a adjustable base. My mother has chronic arthritis so I purchased their most expensive mattress and base that they had. When they delivered the base it was not the one we ordered but they would not take it back. The salesperson put the wrong item number on the order and I have to pay for it. My mother needed the massage and heat base which is the price I was charged and am now paying. They are crooks with no compassion.

After spending $6000 - on recent furniture purchases + bringing in a friend that bought $4000 - in furniture, I went back to the store to buy a single recliner chair. They were very rude, charged me crazy high shipping costs to go only 6 miles to my home. The 2nd delivery, the delivery people dropped my furniture + broke 4 bricks on my front stairs. The manager sad "I'll see what I could do" + never responded back to me. The salesperson Addie was rude + said "you don't have to bring any referrals back to the store. It's ok?" How rude is that + what an attitude. I will never buy from Raymour & Flannigan again. Stay away. Bad business people!

I purchased new leather sectional from Raymour & Flanigan around 3 years ago. At first we enjoyed our new sectional but we started to have issues with the stitching and the leather was fading. Raymour & Flanigan ultimately replaced our first sectional with a new one about 1 1/2 years later. The new sectional we felt would be better! We were wrong! The new sectional started to have leather fading issues and peeling issues. We called Raymour & Flanigan again, they sent a service tech to relax dye the leather on a sectional that was around 1 year old.

Fast forward another 6 months we now have what we consider a new sectional that we spent $4,500 with peeling/faded leather that we have to cover up with blankets. We have called Raymour & Flanigan multiple times, all we get is that someone will call you back! I now have a new sectional that looks worse than my 10 year old couch in kids play room. Stay away from Raymour & Flanigan. Their quality is poor and their customer service is worse.

Website advertising on size of rug (and what it is when you actually get it) are incorrect; reported to their corporate office and they still have not added a disclaimer to the marketing. Customer service (relating to protection plan and scheduling an appointment) was not honest with me - not once but 3 times.

We went to Raymour and Flanigan, in Scranton PA to purchase a dining room and chair set. We have purchased many items from Raymour and Flanigan over the last 17 years and felt comfortable that they would be an honorable company to do business with. When we received the dining room table and chairs they were all defective. The table was dirty and scratched and the chairs would not sit level on the floor. After complaining to the delivery service they told us we would have to contact customer care. We contacted the store and were referred to customer care. The gentleman at customer care, Don ** said they will level out after use; no time frame was given for this leveling process. There is so much wrong with that statement. I cannot believe a furniture store would advise its help to say it. I did not feel comfortable with that statement so I suggested exchanging the items for new ones that did not wobble.

Don ** said they all wobble from that manufacturer. Whoever heard of new chairs that wobble with uneven legs? After contacting the store I was told that we would have to buy a better more expensive suite if we wanted chairs that did not wobble out of the box. Again, I thought is this a scam and requested my money back because the merchandise was defective and they did not have a dining room table and chairs in our price range. We were told no refunds for any reason. We didn't want to spend 750.00 dollars more but we felt trapped, so we bought another dining room table and chairs, sounds like bait and switch to me.

Isn't there some way we as consumers can be protected from business practices like this. I understand no refunds for frivolous returns, but defective merchandise. Why wouldn't you correct your policy to help people with defective merchandise? This would probably reduce complaints listed on the internet. We learned one lesson - check the reviews first and then decide.

Entertainment console/television stand. One-on-one with follow-up telephone communication (very good). Multiple trips until we found what we wanted. Just an above average furniture outlet (beats many of those you laundry listed).

When they delivered my new furniture, my old couches were still in my living room. I politely asked if they could move my old furniture into my basement so that I would be able to reuse it but two of my couches didn't fit through the basement door and they put it into the garage instead. I was going to tip the men regardless if they moved my old furniture but one of them demanded that if they moved my furniture I would have to pay them $40 each. I had no choice but to pay them the money because there would be nowhere to put my new furniture where it would be easily accessible. He said that for him to move my old furniture, he would be doing me a favor which I totally understand however I was taken aback when he demanded $40 for each of them to do it. I spent $80 on just moving my old furniture and I am extremely dissatisfied with my experience.

My wife and I purchased 2 sofas in September. When we sat on them in the showroom they were very comfortable. They delivered them and the delivery guys were great. We began to notice after a couple of months they became very uncomfortable as the seats had sunken way in and my back began to hurt every time I sat on them. I called them and they sent someone out to look at them. The guy who came was very nice and took pictures of the sofas and made a phone call to the company.

The next day we received a phone call from the company telling us to come in and pick out new furniture and we would receive full credit for what we purchased. I was amazed. After reading so many bad reviews I did not expect this. When we went in to select our new furniture the manager could not have been nicer or more patient. He spent about an hour and a half with us until we found something we liked. Again I was shocked after reviews that I had read. I just wanted to write this so people could see not all experiences are bad at this store. This was in the Middletown, NY store.

If I can stop one person from buying furniture from this store. The quality of materials that they use to make the furniture is of the low spectrum. After purchase you have no contact. Please take your money elsewhere... I repeat do not purchase anything from this store. I paid several thousands of dollars and the furniture didn't even last a month.

Every time I look at my sofa I get angry because after 2 years it is sagging and drooping on one side. Furniture repair guy came to the house and claimed it was "normal"?? Customer service at Raymour & Flanigan is a joke. Not friendly, helpful, or pleasant. She tells you immediately that there is nothing that can be done. I would NEVER purchase from this company again. As a matter of fact I will probably file a report with the BBB and attorney General's office for their incompetence to satisfy customer after the sale. How does a company like this stay in business?!

I caution any potential customer to please read my experience before making a purchase at this store, 43 Hutton Avenue, Nanuet NY. I found salespeople and managers to be misleading, unreliable, and probably outright dishonest. On 11/11 I purchased a 4-piece Madigan sofa ($4,200) after clearly explaining to **, the salesperson, that I would only place this order if the delivered could be made within 3 weeks (12/7). She verified that 3 of 4 pieces were in stock, and after conferring with her manager, guaranteed me remaining corner piece would be delivered AT THE LATEST 12/7. Although not in stock, it did not need to be fabricated and was at a different site. To ensure there would be no issues with the delivery I was persuaded to pay in full.

We had rooms painted, disposed of older furniture pieces and delayed holiday decorations. I contacted ** on 12/2 to confirm delivery. She told me she would call me right back. 3 hours later, her supervisor ** called to say this was a “special order” and they could give me 3 of the 4 pieces and the 4th piece would be delivered later, perhaps before Christmas. I explained the purchase was contingent on all pieces by 12/7. She said she would look into this further and call me right back. At 5 pm, ** informed me she had sent an email to the fabricator (who had the piece) to determine what was delaying the delivery. She assured me she would call me first thing Monday morning.

Monday afternoon (no call from **), I called Raymour & Flanigan to speak to **, I was told she was running late. Two hours later, I called back and told she wasn’t coming in (so much for first thing Monday morning?). I spoke with **, the manager. He apologized and explained special orders take 6-8 weeks. He called me back 20 minutes later to say the fabricator had an issue with the fabric. Wednesday, 12/7 (still no calls from **) I visited the store (** not there) and cancelled the order. The manager informed me there was miscommunication, the piece had not yet been fabricated. Can’t promise delivery of something that doesn’t exist.

We purchased over $10,000 worth of furniture for our new home back in August 2015. It has been a little over a year and the two chairs we bought are severely stained and frame messed up and the sofa that they said was leather is peeling apart and clunking when the recliner goes up and crooked. We filed a claim and they came out and fixed the frame of the sofa and chairs and took pictures of the peeling on the top of the sofa. We then received a call from Raymour & Flanigan and they said the protection doesn't cover peeling so we have to just deal with the sofa.

We tried to explain that we paid $2000 for this sofa and it was only 1 year old and should not be falling apart. We were very dissatisfied customers. Why get the protection plan if it doesn't cover defective furniture? They just said you are stuck with the couch. We called the protection plan company and they said they would send someone else out but we are completely turned off by this whole situation. Are completely devastated. We cannot keep this sofa in this condition and again, it is 1 year old! Is this how long their furniture is supposed to last!? If so, buyer beware!! Raymour & Flanigan does not value their customers and we are so incredibly regretful that we ever gave them so much of our hard earned money. Their furniture is cheap and defective and their customer service is even worse!!

Compare Furniture Stores