New York, NY

3.7/5 (457 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I ordered an Tempurpedic mattress that was suppose to help my back and spine issue, turned out to make things worse. I was within time frame to receive a refund but they told me no and guaranteed that the replace mattress would be better if not I can get my money back as long as it's within 120 days. The replacement mattress caused my back to go out, I missed a week of work and my curved spine issue has worsen. I call them and tell them I want my money back and they tell me no and I was yelled at for expressing my pain. I have not slept, my back is killing me and I am emotionally and physically in pain from all of this.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

On 9/25/2022, I bought a complete bedding and mattress from Raymour & Flanigan. Looking now at my invoice, I was charged with a Platinum Protection Plan and a Matt with protector Dri, this is what it says on my invoice apart from the amounts listed, so the total amount was $2,455.08. Upon using the bed, I can feel that, on the area where I laid my back as if there was already a pattern that cradle my back, wondering why it could be that way when it was my first day of using it. Like someone was already using it and this person's back is cradled in this area if you know what I mean.

At the middle portion, when I tried to change my position moving to the middle portion, my back is not flat but it seemed slanted, meaning one portion is lower than the rest like someone has been using this bed. I gave it a try for a couple of weeks just to be fair to the mattress and also to Raymour & Flanigan that they will not sell a used mattress nor return to their inventory, used or returned mattresses. I made a decision to reach out to the salesperson, sending him pictures of the mattress that there is an indentation on the part, middle, and side. And this was not even a month after my purchase. I called to complain about this October 22, 2022, meaning less than a month after my purchase.

I went personally to the store in the Queens area, New York, where I bought them and was treated so badly by the Manager. He was angrier with me than I was angry with them, selling me a used mattress. Imagine, sleeping in that bed, thinking that someone has already been using it and with the covid thing, it is morbid. Although I was scheduled for another delivery, because I think they will exchange it, I need to see what they have for me again. Bad business if they return to their inventory returned items by the customer.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

We purchased a 3-year warranty on couch and loveseat that we bought and paid a good amount of money for these. They had to come out three times to fix either electrical or structural. One-time replace the whole piece. Our 3-year warranty just expired and the wood inside the couch is shredded. It's just disintegrated. Now we are left with a couch that is useless and we have to try to repair. This is the worst purchase, and very expensive purchase, I have ever made. I will never buy anything from here again. I am so disappointed

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I bought a Harmony Lux Queen Ex Firm and 3EM Queen ADJ foldable queen adj base and platinum Protection plan, with remove current bedding. I told the salesman that this bed is for 84 years old lady, so I need it to be able to adjust height and low too. He told me "yes" to the adjustable base which can adjust low and height. The delivered foldable base is a basic without the option adjust low and height. The current bedding was not removed because I was told that NJ law doesn't allow to take old bedding to their truck with the new stuffs. I don't blame the delivery man because they followed the procedure of the company. I would say that the salesman was not honest, mislead or was cheating while doing business. Raymour and Flanigan is a such big company with a whole bunch salesman without integrity and morale. If you want to buy something from them, please be careful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Updated on 10/07/2022: Again, they refused to refund any money to me and exchanged it with a third night table that also had a bad chemical odor. I now have no night tables and they still refuse to refund me. They also said "good luck trying to get your money back", and laughed. This is very upsetting due to I am a nurse and would never treat my patients in this manner.

Original Review: I purchased a night table and when it brought it home noticed a bad chemical smell coming from the wood. It was so bad even when I wrapped it in plastic. I called and tried to describe the smell and customer service said "chemical smell" so I knew I was not the first person to complain. I received an exchange table today and yes the same chemical smell and they left it at my home after I asked the delivery person to take it back. So now I am told I can only get store credit if I return it and they are nasty about it. They said they never give refunds and have fun trying!! Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

THE SERVICE. My son bought this furniture. It was overpriced and then after the purchase, my son was told that there is a $150.00 "delivery and set up fee." The delivery was from 1.2 miles away and the delivery person was rude. The "Set-up" was to remove cling film. That's it. I told them where my son wanted it "Set-up" and they ignored me because it would have involved flipping the cushions. Every reputable furniture company I've ever dealt with at least removes the old furniture, no charge.

THE PRODUCT. The furniture is NOT quality. Although the fabric seems quality, there is a heavy coating of stain guard and it's abrasive to the touch. There is next to no padding under the fabric. It's literally a frame with 3/4 inch padding. You can feel the 3/4 inch composite board it is constructed of. The lack of padding makes it painful to sit for any length of time. This company is a complete rip-off.

RECOMMENDATION. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

BUYER BEWARE: We have been a long term customer of Raymour and Flanigan and have always considered them to be a quality furniture company. We just purchased three items totaling over $3400 including a $404 coffee table. We purchased it over the phone with David at the location in King of Prussia. The confirmation email we received did not say anything about no returns; it did not say anything about once the item was delivered the sale was final. Nothing at all about any of that. In addition David nor the delivery people said anything about that.

When we saw the pieces together we realized that the table was too big for our space. We tried moving it around to see if we could make it fit but alas the table was too big. We contacted the store and talked to Steve, a manager, who told us that we should have seen their no return policy ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! He also said that when you make a purchase in the store it is on the invoice (news flash, we didn't make the purchase in the store. We saw the item in the store then called David to make the purchase). He did offer to "make an exception" for a 50% restocking fee (this item was delivered 2 days ago).

I don't know about you, but I am not accustomed to combing a reputable company's website looking for hidden information as important as this. I expect that any reputable company would make this information front and center and ENSURE that the customer has seen it and agrees to it. So for $404 I will never buy anything else from this company. My suggestion is that if you are considering Raymour and Flanigan, BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Two weeks ago my wife and I visited Raymour and Flanigan. A store located in Bayplaza Bronx NY. Then, we picked and bedroom set and a mattress where I was getting a discount of $300 from the base that cost $700, so I only paid $400 for it and I was so happy with my purchase with a total of almost $7,000. Anyways, the mattresses alone cost me $2,300 regular price. Then I was told that if I found it cheaper somewhere else, they will match my price. That is a big lie. Three days later at the same store, I found the same mattress $300 less. When I return to the manager there “he said they didn’t explain to me clearly what happened” and he came up with an excuse. I was so disappointed and cheated. It was insane.

Plus in the morning when I was supposed to receive my merchandise, they called me telling me that the truck broke down. Another lie. They ran my credit and found I could apply for a credit card which I did and I ended canceling the entire purchase. I felt robbed. These people are very irresponsible and expensive. Please don’t waste your time like I did trying to buy anything there. They are horrible.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I purchased a few items for my mom. Everything seemed fine until we started to get severe allergies from the material on the sofa and matching chair. It appears the dry microfiber has a bit of a rough exterior which gives you an allergic reaction. My mom has been breaking out with some sort of form of dermatitis, I have severe allergies as well. We can't sit on the sofa as the rough material causes severe itching and a serious allergic reaction. We tried everything, we covered the sofa with blankets and it's kind of ridiculous to have new furniture covered up like some sort of old museum. I contacted the customer care at the showroom, they made an appointment so the technician could visit. I made the appointment for August 11th, he calls me the day before the appointment and asked me to send him a picture of the furniture, I send him the images and my mom's rash from the furniture. He never responded.

The next day he didn't show up, I called the office to find out his location and apparently he stated; he called to tell me he was canceling the visit. I spoke to him once when he asked me for the images. Never said anything about not coming. Needless to say I lost the whole day waiting for the technician. I called the main office once again and tried to find out what can I do with the furniture. They said they will call me and I'm still waiting. So far it has been five days and counting. I really thought they would take a medical reaction seriously, I was wrong. If you're going to purchase something from Raymour & Flanigan make sure you are not allergic to the material. It appears they are not going to rectify this situation, they are going to give me the runaround and play games with my time.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I purchased two sets of living rooms leather and fabric (close to $8k), less than a month later I noticed the sagging in the fabric set, no firmness on cushions, you sink sitting and need someone’s help to get you up, terrible quality for the money, I was looking for a quality set to last few years at least. I contacted the store Millbury, Massachusetts. They sent the tech. The tech suggested he could add more fabric material to the cushions but that may also break the zippers. I kept telling them that this is not a repair matter, this is a low quality furniture I could get from low quality furniture stores (don’t wanna name any) for the fraction of the price, so far nothing done. I was considering to purchase also a bedroom set from them but that changed immediately. They claimed that I didn’t buy the additional insurance coverage but that wouldn’t matter since this issue is only less than three months. Anyways do your homework before you buy.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information