Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

New York, NY

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last November, we purchased a dining set from the company with the Premier Service Plan. A few weeks ago, one of the legs of the chair collapsed with someone sitting on it. We called Premier Service only to find out that it would take a few weeks before they would make a service call and replace the chair. The appointment date was set for May 6, 2017 with no definite time. However, the company assured us that they would call prior to making a service call. On Thursday morning, May 4, the company called and said they were scheduled to make a service call during the day. I advised them that they had the wrong date. No problem. They'll come to our house as planned on May 6, and they'll call to let us know what time they'll be at our house.

But it wasn't until late afternoon that we received a phone call informing us of a scheduled delivery on Sunday, May 7, 2017 between 3 pm and 6 pm. So we stayed home Sunday afternoon instead of going out to eat, waiting for Raymour & Flanigan's reliable Premier Service Technician to arrive within the designated time slot. Guess what? He never showed up, nor was there a phone call advising us about the situation. As I was getting ready for bed around 8:14 pm, the "reliable" technician called and said he was going to make his service call. I told him **. Needless to say, I was extremely upset which immediately ended the telephone conversation.

I'm very disappointed in Raymour & Flanigan's Premier Service plan as well as their total lack of concern for providing good customer service. We were loyal customers for several years but now we plan to terminate the relationship. As for their PREMIER SERVICE, I would advise you to hold on to your wallet. No matter what the salesperson tells you.

I purchased a dining room table and 4 chairs back in February of 2016. I am very disappointed with the furniture. There are two adults at our home. The chairs are loose and there are screws falling out.

My husband and I purchased a sofa sectional about 2 months ago. We picked an item that was exactly as shown on the floor and in stock. We took advantage of their 30 day cash payment plan too. A couple days after purchasing (and before delivery) I looked again at the sales order and noticed it was different from what I ordered. I called the salesperson who fixed it right away. When I asked for an updated sales order for my records it was $300 more than I paid... Once the item was delivered, I noticed the wrong item was delivered. When I called the store they told me it was my fault because I gave them the wrong SKU numbers!

Well after lots of arguing back and forth, I had the right item delivered at the correct price. UNTIL. I received the bill from TD Bank and paid it immediately. 2 weeks later I was checking my online account and noticed they never cashed my check and 'what a surprise', they charged me interest and a late fee... My credit is over 840. Believe me I was not being a irresponsible customer by not paying.

When I called TD Bank I was told that I was at fault because I couldn't remember what address I sent it to (I sent the payment in the envelope provided) and that I should have checked 4 days after sending to make sure they got it. REALLY? Who does that with any payment. Is it possible that it got lost in the mail? Certainly but I don't believe it for a second because the only one who loses is the customer. TD Bank gets the additional funding and Raymour and Flanigan gets their money. Throughout every screw up, no one took any responsibility for the errors. I just bought a second home and will not ever buy a piece of furniture from them again.

I purchased thousands of dollars of multiple furniture sets, including dining room set (buffet, table, chairs), bedroom sets (beds, night stand, dresser).. in addition to the platinum protection guarantee. 2 items from 2 separate sets were broken. The company was unable to purchase parts to fix it. I was told to reselect 2 items from the store and then return the damaged furniture. Reselecting items that do not match the full purchased set is ABSURD! I want the money to fix the items at my own expense OR a credit to use at the store for other items.. and then forfeit the protection agreement for those items and keeping the damaged items.

Purchased a 3-pc. living room set in Nov. 2016, have had nothing but problem after problem. Sofa when sat on you tilt to the right, what repairman said was sit close to arm of sofa then you will not tilt. Accent chair cushion rip and insert of cushion moves and the chair material has pilling balls on it after a month of having it. Called sent repairman out. He said that was normal for the sofa. Sewed up the rip on cushion. My grandkids could have done a better job and took apart the cushion, sprayed adhesive on foam part of seat, put back together and said, "It is fixed now". After 3 days the cushion is the same way. They called me and said, "The repairman said that the sofa needed to repaired." I then told them the ottoman was coming apart on top. They told me to take a picture and forward it to them. I said, "The repairman will see it when he comes back to repair sofa". They called to set up appointment.

The repairman came back to house to fix sofa, took off the bottom of sofa covering, he put a piece of foam in between the wood frame and springs and said it is fixed. Had to fix the accent chair cushion again. Took pics of the ottoman, said it need to be replaced. Now mind you this is all in 1 month of having it. Called again. They said they will replace ottoman. Ok good news. Someone will call to set up delivery. Waited 2 weeks no call. So I called them. They said they called and left message, no one ever called me. 3 day later they deliver on a Sunday. I had to call again about accent chair cushion, repairman came said it's fixed, took out something from his bag and started to go over the chair saying, "this will take off the pilling." He only did the arm not the area where it needed it the most.

Now this is the 4 time in less than 5 months. The accent chair is coming apart on the front of the chair. Again take pic and sent to us. No way. Have a repairman come out. That is why you have repairmen in the first place. Now mind you I am still under 1 year warranty before my PLATINUM PROTECTION PLAN kicks in so what is the problem. This living room set is paid in full. They have my money. I do not see what the problem is. I have call several times and all I get is a runaround, one person said one thing and another person tells you something different. I have said many times let me return the set and have for another one of equal value or more money which I will pay the difference.

They keep telling me we can replace the whole set but I have to pay a 30% pickup/restocking fee of what I paid for the whole set at which would cost me a total of 600.00 more just for them to take back the defective set they sold me. They are crazy if they think I am going to pay that. They do not care about the customers just the sale. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN. Policy really need to be changed in order to keep customers coming back or referring other. All they care about is just making a sale. Once you get your furniture it yours. They want nothing to do with it or you. So you’re stuck with what you purchase even if it is defective.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

I purchased a leather recliner couch less than two years ago. The recliner part broke after two uses. Also, I was told that it was good quality leather. However, the leather is rubbing and peeling off and the seams are falling apart. It is the worst quality furniture I ever purchased. I tried calling the showroom, Customer Care, and the corporate office. I was told it was not their problem. I was treated like I was an annoyance and brushed off. I will never, never purchase furniture from Raymour & Flanigan again!!! Even if I have to sit on the floor!

Purchased a recliner in May 2014 from Raymour & Flanigan. Had to replace it twice. Finally picked a new one for more money within 2 months. Had also purchased a platinum plan with the furniture. (I also purchased a sectional, end tables, coffee table & a complete bedroom set at the same time.) Had a repairman come out in December because the recliner head rest was coming apart. He said it was not covered by the plan because it (the headrest) was vinyl not leather like the chair.

Call to make a claim in March for a 2 tears in the arm of the recliner. Serviceman came out on April 12. He took pictures and said we would hear from someone within a day or two regarding the outcome. I had to call them today and was told it is denied because the headrest was too badly damaged. I told her I knew that but what about the tears in the arm. She said it was denied and I wanted to know why did I spend $65 on a platinum protection plan if they don't stand by it. I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN AGAIN. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND THEIR FURNITURE IS JUNK!

I bought a full living room furniture cost $4000. After 6 month it's break the side and fade of the color, call the customer center, they said, "You guys sitting in the couch that's why". I didn't understand that statement. The couch is for sitting or just for seeing... The furniture is less quality veryyy bad quality and high price. So I strongly disagree. Don't buy furniture from there. Only 6 month experience. I lost 4000 dollar. I have 5 year warranty. They came and spray some paint that smell horrible for one day. And last only for 2 weeks... A BIG MISTAKE buying furniture from Raymour???

I bought the Natuzzi edition set from Raymour & Flanigan about a year ago. I called because I have a service plan to have the arms on both the sofas restuffed. The repairman got to my home and began to restuffing the loveseat. Midway through he began to complain that it was too time-consuming and too much work and that he would only be able to do one sofa. After he stuffed the loveseat he attempted to put the legs back on. It was in this process that he stripped one of the screws and the leg could not be reattached. He says, "Sorry but I can't fix this. I'm all booked this week so they will probably send someone else out to fix."

My couch worked before he got here now it propped up against the wall and useless. The professional was not that professional. I called customer service and a Raymour & Flanigan representative told me that she couldn't tell me anything until the repair man turned his report in and a coordinator will contact me within 24-48 hours and that's all she can do. So not only did I not receive the service that I contracted I was not giving and answers by the company. I paid a lot of money for these sofas and expect better service.

We bought 2 recliners from them. They came out and replaced one. The other had the same problem but was out of the warranty period. Repairman came out, fixed it and it broke in a week. Customer won't help me. They say they will charge me for repairman to come out. Very rude. Supervisor was rude no compassion. Never buy from them. Worst companies.

Furniture is terrible quality - I spent over $4000 to furnish a new house less than 6 months ago and furniture is literally falling apart. I ordered a cover for my dining room table that they claim is "special order" even though you can order it online and the color is about 2 shades lighter than the actual dining room furniture. Sarah ** and Tracy ** at Raymour are quite the scam artists but this fight is far from over. I wonder if they even check this site that barely gets 2 stars of satisfaction. Save yourself the trouble and go to a real furniture store.

Our leather sofa tore in the seam when it was less than two yrs. old. A technician attempted to sew it and it looked like a monster couch! After fighting to get it replaced, it has happened again! A little over a year! Maybe it is my fault, we lost everything in Hurricane Sandy, and bought over 7,000 dollars worth of furniture at Raymour & Flanigan. The sectional was probably not a quality structure. We will see what they do for us now!

We purchased a Natuzzi set from Raymour and Flanigan several years ago which included the sofa, 2 chairs and an ottoman. Over the past several weeks we noticed that the sofa was sinking in the middle and was getting worse over time. When I turned the sofa over to inspect it, I discovered that the frame was broken and was poking thru the bottom of the sofa to the point that the frame was resting on the floor. This is the first time since we got the set that I had the sofa turned over. When I looked at the bottom there was a white warning sticker that stated, "The assembly failure of the foot in the hole indicated by the arrow may cause damage to the frame." The foot was never attached to the sofa when they delivered it and over time it did allow the frame to collapse and break. We took several photos and went to the store where we purchased the set.

When we got to the store we were directed to Customer Service. I was ready for a fight. We showed all the photos to the rep. and they scheduled a repairman to come out to the house and check out the damage. It only took 5 days to get an appointment. The repairman opened the bottom of the sofa and he told us that the sofa could not be repaired. He would make out his report and turn it in and the store would get back with us. We felt all hope was lost at that point and I contacted my attorney to get ready for a fight.

Within an hour of the repairman leaving, Customer Service call me and said what the repair report stated that the sofa could not be fixed and they were going to replace the sofa with a brand new one. We were shocked to say the least. They were ready to deliver the sofa to us within the next 3 days, but we’re not going to be home. I am glad to say that the brand-new sofa arrived today, same kind and color and yes the center foot was installed. The bottom line is that in this case Raymour and Flanigan took care of this customer as not many companies would. We cannot say enough about how well they handled our case and made good on true customer satisfaction. We have purchased furniture in the past from them and will continue in the future. I am telling this story to anyone I can because you don't come across too many happy endings in the retail business anymore. Thank you Raymour and Flanigan!

I paid for a special order sofa set that was to be delivered in 1 to 2 weeks that was ordered March 8, 2017 and as of March 30, 2017 I have not yet received it and each time that I have called customer service I have been told something different. No one can actually give me a delivery date. I believe the false advertisement is to get people to buy and then tell them that you can't cancel a special even when they have not come through on their end. I have been without furniture in my living room almost a month. What an inconvenience. No apology. Nothing.

A few days after purchasing a mattress with the comfort protection exchange within 45 days extra fee - we went to exchange the mattress. The sales help are rude. They won't let you look at the mattress until you file paperwork with them and after you jump thru all sorts of hoops they won't even exchange the mattress for two weeks.

Purchased $3800 in leather sofa set. Cracking and peeling after 2 years. No one is rough with it, we just watch TV approximately 2 hours per night. It is now embarrassing. Sent pictures and they said it's normal. Worst customer service ever. Not to mention the salesman Chuck from Latham New York store who is a crook. Never again will I shop there. It is the entire couch. In addition, I condition the couch every two weeks. Junk... junk... junk.

Do not ever buy anything from this store! I spent over 3000 dollars on a sectional and within 2 years the cushions flattened and feathers started poking through (I also purchased the "platinum protection plan" - which is another waste of money). A technician came to my home and took pictures of the couch - which I always kept covered because I have animals. With numerous calls to the store to see what was going on, I was told that it was pet damage and it's not covered.

I disputed this accusation because how can a dog lying on a couch flatten all the cushions? And they say the feathers were poking through because I let the dogs run on the couch. The woman told me a dog was on the couch at the time the pictures were taken and that's how they determined it was pet damage. I then contacted a manager who says he will pass it on to his higher ups - but since the dog was in the picture it's deemed pet damage. All I want is cushions that aren't so flat you can feel the frame of the couch. Waiting for their decision. Lets see how this goes. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have my pets on my couch.

I purchased a mattress that cost me $4,000.00 because I was having back and hip problems at the time. The mattress had a 25 year warranty on it. The tech (Rubin) came out to measure the mattress in the sagging area and told me it is short a 1/4 of an inch to be replaced. At this point I would take a $1,000.00 mattress to replace this glorified so called smart response technology mattress. I told Rubin that he should lie down on it and tell me what he thinks but said he was not allowed to. I am not gonna go on and on about how much furniture/mattresses I have purchased in the past but I will let you know I will never purchase another item from Raymour and Flanigan again!!!

I had several friends recommend Raymour which led me to go there and shop. I have already let them know what crap you are selling. What a disgrace on Raymour's part that this is their policy in which Rubin must come out and give the same story to all the consumers that are having mattress problems. I hope for Rubin's sake he is getting a good payoff in which I doubt from Raymour. So what am I to do with a mattress that I cannot get a good night sleep on. Maybe I should dump it at their front door and they can sleep on it. I will be posting this on Yelp too. Angry consumer... $4,000.00 in the garbage!

I have spent over $12,000 on furniture at Raymour and Flanigan. My last purchase was a bedroom set for $6,000.00. I was in love with this set and used my hard earned money to purchase it. After a few months I noticed "sawdust" under the furniture and in the drawer (note, we have moved into a brand new house that is termite free). I was not sure what it was.

After getting it inspected, I was told that it was termites. I tried contacting the store several times to resolve the situation. I was told by a manager that "we are not pest control." Yes, to my knowledge, the furniture was made in China. I am so disappointed and frustrated since I am now unemployed and unable to replace my bedroom set that I fell in love with. How can a company be so cruel? After months, years of calling and getting nothing resolved, I had to throw away the furniture so that termites won't take over my house.

After just a year of having purchased a nearly $3,000 "leather" couch, the leather began to peel in some areas. The way the Raymour & Flanigan technician try to "repair" the damages was by spray-painting those areas with a light metallic gray paint which on my dark taupe couch made it look ridiculous. Also, the strong smell that the paint left in my house was pretty bad, we had to leave the house for the day because we couldn't take it. Don't fall for their lies, their quality is mediocre at best (I have more furniture from them) and their Platinum Protection is just a scam.

I purchased $5000 worth of leather furniture and a mattress set from Raymour and Flanigan Furniture. The mattress sagged within 2 years and I had a tech come out and check it when he told me with a stick and pin it wasn't sagging enough. Tell our backs that when my husband and I get up every morning with aching bodies. It was a Beautyrest Black. The leather furniture also started to crack like another reviewer. I also was told yes it was leather. They are all about the warranty and reputation but stand behind neither when it is needed. I will never shop at Raymour and Flanigan again and I will tell anyone about their crappy customer service. This is the first time I wrote about a store's reputation but I was so disgusted with their performance I felt I should warn others. Sore in Pennsylvania.

I had my first Christmas dinner in 2016. My brother sat on a chair which then collapsed and he cut his leg. Till this day my chair is sitting in my kitchen upside down and cannot be used. No one has called me back to fix or replace. Very disappointed. I've bought other furniture from R&F in past. I'm not getting any help.

Purchased $500 coffee table. The taxes were computed; however taxes was included on the delivery. I called the an 866 number fact the corporate office and asked why was tax place on delivery. She stated that it was a fee. This is the sort of thing that should be told to the customer in advance, as well as identified on the sales receipt. It was not only $50 delivery but tax on delivery. I think it's very unfair and I don't even know if it's legal in the state of Pennsylvania. I will definitely rethink patronizing the store. It makes one wonder.

Spent 8k on furniture. The delivery guy broke the bed while installing and left. I called right after and got the "after sale" treatment everyone is talking about. The random customer care so called supervisor Vallerie had nothing but condescending statements. I called right after the delivery guy left but I was questioned if I broke it. Ridiculous. I wish I had not spent so much money here. No future business or referrals. We were excited to get our furniture but extremely disappointed with the way they handle customer relations. Every single person is nothing but rude. We now have a wobbly bed and no clue what to do with it. No one seems to care or call back. Raymour is nothing but a glorified scam. I wish they get sued for this. Platinum protection is a joke. I will continue to fight for my money and update.

Last Sept I purchased a sectional electric recliner. It was delivered without the electric cords. They tore it bringing it in. Immediately 1 of the recliners stopped working. A few weeks later we were down to 2 of four not working. I complained and was told "Too bad they were marked down." Then I was told they would send it up the chain of command. They just keep me going in circles. They won't even tell me who fixes furniture for them so I would have the right person. I GIVE UP.

Spent $2500 on a power, build a set, love seat and a recliner. Haven't had recliner problems but haven't used it much either. BUT the one side of the couch has been repaired 8 times in approximately 1 year. I'm a 6 ft 220 lb man and the frame has broken 3 times and the power motor for my legs has broken 5 times. I feel the quality is low and cheap. Fortunately for me I bought the 5 year platinum warranty so they only get repaired when they break. But, they finally agreed to replace the bad side and they informed me I would lose my warranty. I would only have the 1 year manufacturer's coverage. So to me if the quality is cheap and I've had all these problems it could happen again so I told them I would keep the old one and they can keep coming to repair the crap they sold me every other month as it seems to keep breaking. I'm hoping they will choose to replace it to save them money but I'm not losing my platinum crap protection plan!

I purchased a what I was told was a leather living room couch, chair, and ottoman showroom set and 1.5 years later, it's cracked and tearing/ripping apart on ITS OWN! I immediately contacted the corporate office and was confirmed that it ISNT Real Leather but a Man-Made Manufactured Fake leather Called BI-Cast Leather!!! I was furious because I thought I was sold 100% Real Leather furniture and I Was Scammed! The representative assured I would be contacted by the NE District Manager. It's been a month since I contacted the Corporate Offices and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE except getting the runaround by Raymour & Flanigan.

I informed them I want a full refund so I can replace this Garbage Raymour & Flanigan Calls Leather Furniture and all I was offered was an INSULTING $100!!! I refused their insulting offer and insisted they reimburse my purchase price and MAKE ME WHOLE! I can't even donate it because IT'S Cracking and Tearing on Its OWN! I Wouldn't do that to ANYONE and yet this company seems oblivious to ANY Customer Complaints and or Reviews. Therefore, BE WARNED And DON'T SHOP AT RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN because IT'S Garbage and A Complete Scam Rip-Off!!!

I have bought a lot of furniture from your company. In the past 30 years, my wife have furnished our house, my son's house, daughters, brothers summer home, and good friends homes, TY. I only had two times, needed action on some repair work. First one, total exchange of living room leather furniture after five year of use, for new, free. Second was framework, a gentleman, repair man (Allen **) was sent to our house. Great Job, TY, will always refer friends and family to you. Keep up the Good Work.

I bought this mattress at Raymour and Flanigan for $2,000.00. After only 6 years, I have a backache when I use this mattress. When I switched to the other side of the bed, my backache went away. Simmons would not handle any complaints and told us to deal with Raymour and Flanigan. To replace the mattress within the 10 year warranty period, the depression needs to be 1 1/2 inches. Comfort is not covered and they do not care if I have a backache. I will never buy anything from Raymour again.

After several visits to the store and really spending time on choosing the right mattress, I purchased a box spring/mattress set on sale for close to $1000. The mattress came and was hard as a rock -- not at all the mattress I tried out in the store. They told me I would have to pay $100 restocking fee, but it seems that there would be no guarantee I would get a mattress that worked??? What a scam. After a huge effort, I cancelled the protection plan (because although the salesperson assured me it covered "everything", basically nothing that actually happens to mattresses was covered). I will never shop here again -- I had to pay several hundred more dollars for mattress toppers and my mattress is still too hard.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With more than 60 years in the furniture business, Raymour & Flanigan began in Syracuse, New York. It is known for its large selection and affordable prices.

• Lowest price guarantee: Raymour & Flanigan, confident that its prices are competitive, offers a lowest-price guarantee. If a customer finds the exact same product somewhere else for less, the company will cut the price five percent.
  • Flexible financing: Several in-store financing options make it easier for those who need some wiggle room in their payments.
  • Customer service: Raymour & Flanigan is dedicated to top-notch customer service, and it makes getting in touch with a representative easier than ever by offering live chat, phone and email options.
  • Platinum Protection Plan: Perfect for growing households with small children or lively pets, the Platinum Protection Plan lets customers buy with confidence, knowing they're covered if something happens down the line.
  • Wedding registry: For those settling into their first home or blending two households into one, the dream home and wedding registry options make it easy to give friends and family suggestions on your style and needs.
  • Best for Cost-savvy shoppers, families and individuals.

Compare Furniture Stores