1.17/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

New York, NY

Looking for a good furniture store?

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Gringo at the Iselin, NJ location needs some serious training in proper customer service. Dude was CLEARLY there to make a sale and just that. Didn’t receive our delivery because our order was never approved - Gringo here told my dad he had an open credit card account with them which he never did. My parents were ready to purchase with their own card but because we were told they had the store card approved they decided to just do that. If my dad would’ve never called to check on the status of delivery we would’ve never been notified by ANYONE about the issue with the payment. The living room was cleared and emptied out just waiting for a delivery that never came. The matter has now been resolved - however I wanted to leave this review to point out the ** customer service Gringo provided my family and I. Do better.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We purchased a table and hutch over three weeks ago we called the same day to let them know it did not match. We’ve been getting the runaround asking us to send pictures, emails, bigger pictures, smaller pictures, corner pictures. But the fact of the matter is the tables do not match. We don’t care if they replace the hutch or the table. We just want them to match. Two months ago we furnish a whole house through them and spent a lot of money there and to be treated like this and the people you deal with do you not care. Being a business owner I would never treat my clients like this nor would I resort to writing a bad review.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I bought a firm Beautyrest mattress called Glendale. The first mattress had an uplifted section which Raymour and Flanigan replaced (with pressure). They brought the new mattress. I slept on it and found the outer sides to be firm but the middle was soft. I called them and they were sent out a technician (a week and a half later). He came and checked it out. I got a call from Raymour and Flanigan that my mattress was to the standard it should be! Buyer beware. They offer, for $60.00, a comfort guarantee when you purchase a bed. You will pay for delivery charges should you want to change your bed besides the difference in cost to your original purchase.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought a couch recliner. It fell apart within 6 months. Their protection plan is lousy. Do not bother paying for protection plan. Better yet do not bother buying from Raymour and Flanigan. They're thieves.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Bought living room set and dining set. 2 Days after delivery, I Had to call customer service about an issue with dining chairs. Had to send pictures. Arlene ** never got back to me, never acknowledged my texts or e-mails. Don't bother. Go somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Purchase a sofa from them with no interest if paid off in one year. Have paid off the entire amount and then they claimed that I was late with one payment and wants me to pay interest. Are you kidding me! You are just upset because I paid off my bill on time and so it did not benefit you. I will be contacting the Department of Consumer Affairs to resolve this matter, because the company is unethical. Never again, friends and family and acquaintances. Stay away from this store.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

TV console was delivered 1/2 assembled with the 2 center columns not installed prior to the top being put on. When I contacted their customer service I was given to 2 other departments none of which had competent or even knowledgeable managers. I was basically told they could not get anyone over until the next day and that I had just been given too many shelves. This was even after I provided pictures via a text. I was basically called a liar by their delivery Manager. I ended disassembling the console and installing the supports myself and just asked for a refund of the delivery cost of $50 and was refused. I will never buy anything from Raymour and Flanigan again and would encourage anyone else to not buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN RENEGS ON DAMAGE THEY CAUSED. On July 28th, 2019, we took delivery of furniture from R & F at our Vermont home. At that time, our contractor was on the property doing work since we live most of the time in New York. R & F proceeded to back the delivery truck up into the house and caused almost $5000 worth of damage. The contractor notified us of the damage the following day (7/29/19). Photos of the damage were taken on 7/30/19 and we contacted R & F to report the damage since the delivery drivers never mentioned it to anyone. R & F proceeded to send out inspectors to the property to survey the situation a few days later. The drivers admitted to the delivery supervisor that they damaged the house. We then received an email from the delivery supervisor.

On 7/31/19 we received that email from Donald ** (delivery supervisor) stating “Please let me know when you get an estimate from your contractor and we will move forward with getting repairs taken care of. I will also get with my supervisor and keep him informed”. Based upon that email it’s obvious that they have admitted they caused the damage and are going to pay. However, after almost one month, I sent an email R & F to find out why we hadn’t heard from anyone to remedy the situation even though an invoice for the repairs was sent prior. It turns out that the drivers were confused. They said they had damaged a different house and told the delivery supervisor the same. That seems to be their story and they’re sticking to it. As of today, they are denying that it’s their fault and are refusing to pay. We will see them in court with that email.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I went to Raymour and Flanigan store 1865 in Central Ave. The floor salesman is very experienced and attentive.. This was my first time buying in this store and I'm so glad that I did. Besides this the delivery guys are amazing. They are very fast and strong and acknowledged in their tasks!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have been purchasing from Raymour for years and years. I have furnished my entire home with Raymour furniture. I have a beautiful dark brown sectional with reclining chairs that I purchased in 2013. When shortly after receiving the furniture, I noticed a white patch come through the back of the sofa. I thought maybe one of the kids got something on it. In the past 6 months, little by little these patches have been coming out on the furniture. They are not where you sit, they are on the back of the couches and by the feet and legs of the couch. They are not stains, they appear to be some sort of material defect coming from the inside.

I contacted Raymour and sent them many pictures. They said it was stained and no longer under warranty. I get that it's not under warranty, but I believe it is a defect in the material. They wanted to charge me $75 just to come out and look at it. I am very disappointed in the customer service I received and will reconsider going to them again to purchase furniture.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs