New York, NY

3.2/5 (230 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I strongly wouldn't recommend buying from Oakhurst R&F. Lissa S-G the immediately sales associate deceived me. I told her I specifically wanted a wall hugger recliner. She sold me a chair that's not a wall hugger. It is not functional in my apt when I use my wheelchair. Lissa sold me the expensive protection plan & assured me if there were any problems, it would be taken care of. Another misleading statement. The chair makes noise & doesn't open smoothly. I called customer care immediately to report the issues. I was told "Too Bad. Once I take possession of it, it's mine".

Be sure to inspect any delivery thoroughly as R&F does not accept returns even if it's defective. The color of the chair is different than the one in the store and website. They didn't want to deliver within the 3 day guarantee either. I find R&F to be unethical, unscrupulous, unprofessional. Don't make the same mistakes I did by buying anything from R&F. All other furniture stores don't charge for shipping, they have a return policy for defective merchandise, treat you like a valued customer. Not R&F, especially Lissa S-G in the Oakhurst location.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

We purchased a new mattress and adjustable bed frame exactly two years ago. Since then it has been a horror story. The bed frame was replaced within 48 hours of installation, then at 11 months and again at 23 months post purchase the control box on the bed frame failed. Now 7 days since the last control box was replaced it has failed again. R&F service response time is averaging 3+ days just to get back to us and even then keeps pushing it off on the manufacturer, despite us having purchased a Platinum Service contract (which is not a service contract). Now we have a non-functioning bed frame, needing yet another control box and my options are:

a. Replace the box again and pray.
b. Replace the adjustable base with the same vendor/model and pray.

c. Spend even more money with R&F in the hope that the next model up the chain or a different vendor's model is better.

Oh and PS: if we choose option b or c, the Platinum Contract ceases to exist at that point. Should have stayed with Mattress Firm. Lesson learned. We will never do business with Raymour and Flanigan again.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

My wife and I were extremely impressed with the services of our salesperson, Erik **. Mr. ** showed great patience, knowledge and kindness in helping us make a mattress selection. His assistance in dealing with my disability was so much appreciated. I highly recommend him to anyone who shops at Raymour and Flanigan. The entire staff was also very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Be careful with their deceptive warranties, I thought Raymour & Flanigan was a different type of furniture store but they are just the same. Stay away from this brand of a store and at all cost stay away from getting a WARRANTY! They will backpedal and not honor their warranties.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving to me, bought this custom sectional with platinum protection and get a nice holiday call, they don’t stand behind their work and I can deal with it. Save your money find a better company to buy from. Happy Thanksgiving.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I’m highly disappointed in this product. For the price it is not worth it! I had it just shy of a year and the parts that hold the mattress started breaking. Eventually, the mattress sunk in and broke completely. Since I didn’t purchase the warranty (didn’t think I had to) I was not covered nor given a discount. What quality bed breaks that fast?! I’m one person… no reason except bad material. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I purchased a love seat and a recliner from Raymour and Flanigan just over 6 mo ago. The recliner was a floor model. It broke within 6 mo of getting it. The metal in the chair just snapped. I called R&F but they gave me the run around because it was a floor model and I took my chances. I finally paid to have someone come out to look at it who said he had never seen any chair break like that before and it was a defect and unrepairable. Someone called me from R&F and said that they would give me a credit for the chair. I only had it 6 mo! It should have lasted longer than that and It was not cheap! She said they would email it to me but I only had 14 days to redeem it. I was ok with that. I never received it. Not in email or regular mail. I have called the company so many times and no one returns my calls. I am so disgusted with this company. Will never buy from them again and will make sure others know you can't trust their furniture or their word.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE EVEN INSURANCE! - Broken bed and Raymour & Flanigan is non-responsive. Bought a bed set which was delivered on June 29, 2021. Right after a week of the bed being delivered, the bed starting creaking and falling apart. Even if one sat on the bed, the bed would creek. It was so uncomfortable sleeping on the bed. The service technician came to look at the bed (the appointment was not given for 3 weeks) and the technician just drilled the wood again and left. The technician said that there is nothing else he could do.

Another week in, the bed starting creaking again. We did another inspection and learned the wooden frame is actually broken towards the bottom of the bed. The store is telling us that there is nothing they can do besides having another technician come out. Again, the appointment is not available for another 3 weeks according to the customer care unit. We tried reaching out to the service unit for an expedite but no one picks up the phone and neither they return calls/messages. Here we are with a broken bed that we have had for about 3 months. We even purchased insurance which has been worthless. Do yourself a favor and get a bed set from somewhere else. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I would like to say that Raymour and Flanigan went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations. We are pleased and happy with the professionalism of everyone involved from the salesperson to the delivery driver and at check out. They were very courteous and respectful. I think that everyone should have a painless experience such as the one that I had. People would have great furniture and taste if they were to shop at Raymour and Flanigan.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

Though we lost nearly $300 on it, they replaced the mattresses. I'm fine with the outcome. Manager at Broadway location was very helpful (Dominick).

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Serta Mattress was rarely used. There is a significant soft spot in the Mattress which makes it difficult to sleep on. After cancelling our scheduled appointment to have one of their representatives check it out, the Raymour & Flanigan person stopped by to inspect. While visiting, he indicated that the mattress looked defective...he took photos and left. Two days later I called their service department and the person I spoke to indicated that it did not meet their definition of defective.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information