1.17/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

New York, NY

534 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2019

We went to Raymour to purchase a Sofa and two Chairs and wound up adding a Tempur-pedic bed and adjustable frame. Let me start by saying the salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful from the very beginning and has always been supportive assisting us. My issue is with the management at the store. We paid over 12 thousand dollars in furniture purchased over friends and family to save some money. The mattress we were told was excluded from this sale and at full price which we agreed to (we were told they never go on sale). It came with one free pillow and we negotiated for another free one based on what we paid overall and they were gracious to extend it to us.

On the day of delivery there was no problem with the couches, but the bed delivered was a medium mattress and not the firm we ordered. They claimed it was the correct SKU but when we called the store the salesman assisted us and confirmed they sent the wrong mattress and they had no issue with making another delivery date to bring us the correct one while we kept the wrong one. (Apparently they had picked the incorrect mattress with the correct sku). The new mattress came the next day and all seemed fine, but we realized that the frame did not have the features we ordered (no bluetooth and no under bed light, in addition anti snore and zero gravity buttons did not work). Another call to the salesman and two days of putzing around with customer care and they ordered us a new frame to be delivered in a few days.

In the meantime the mattress went on sale for 300 dollars less than the... never goes on sale price. I called into the Customer care and everything has to funnel through the salesman, who graciously represented us to get them to honor their price protection agreement. At that point the mgt insisted I that because received a free pillow they felt it was a wash, to which I argued back and forth the pillow has nothing to do with them keeping their price guarantee policy. After three days of back and forth I told the salesman to take everything back if they can't honor their guarantee. The next call I received was that they would credit my account the difference. In the meantime the delivery men showed up with another mattress instead of a frame. I had them look at the frame in my room first and they agreed it was the correct SKU but not the correct frame.

Back on the phone with the salesman and mgmt where I was assured they were sending the correct frame in the next 2 days as it was coming from a distance. I asked them to make sure the features I paid for were on it and working. Delivery number 4 arrives and before they take it off the truck we check the frame. Same SKU that indicates it has those features but no features working. I had the delivery guys take it out of the box in my driveway and test it and they could not get the light to work or find the bluetooth or the features of anti-snore and zero gravity. The instructions showed a different bed than the SKU was as well. After much back and forth, they checked their stock and found other frames with this sku in the same condition.

They claim the manufacturer goofed and they have to go back and get a fix. In the meantime they asked us to wait as much as 3 months for a fix or we could choose to upgrade to another model for 300 dollars more. The other model has the same features but is a split king instead of a two piece head and foot king. I have been back and forth with Management and customer care. We said we would wait but I want to know why after all the money we spent and 4 failed deliveries they don't do the right thing and give me the other frame instead of inconveniencing us again. I think we went through enough.

Supposedly Management is discussing what they will do for a week days now while we wait to be inconvienenced yet again.. This is how Raymour treats its customers? Good paying customers at that. This is not only bait and switch tactics, but dishonest at its best. The salesman is great, but they won't be getting any more business from me or referrals. I will also be writing to the president of the company about this.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Good selections and excellent customer service are the main things I think of when I think of this store. Delivery is fast and efficient. Good selections of mattresses and removal of old mattress upon delivery.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased a bedroom furniture in 2012. I can not even touch any part of it because the paint falls off. I never had furniture like this before. I bought 2 furniture sets. They look like I've had them for 20 years. The bad part is I paid cash for both sets.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought bedroom furniture from Raymour & Flanigan 7 years ago. I purchased the Platinum Protection plan. Never put in a service claim until 3 weeks ago, which my protection plan was expired. They gave me a courtesy call. The gentleman came out to fix a drawer in my nightstand that would not open. He found a screw rolling around in the bottom of the stand. He said, "Here is your issue." He was able to get the drawer open, after working on it. I said I don't think the screw is the issue. He wasn't very friendly. He insisted that was the cause for my drawer not opening. He left.

I went to open the drawer last week and it would not open. Same issue. I called back to tell them that the screw was not the issue and now they want to charge me $75.00 plus tax. I said he didn't do his job correctly. She said if I would have called the next day maybe they would not charge me. It's a drawer I don't use often I said. I didn't know it wouldn't open until I tried it. They were unwilling to help me. I am very disgusted by their attitude. He didn't fix it correctly I said. Oh well, pay or deal with it. Really? What customer service. I would think twice about shopping at Raymour & Flanigan ever again. Thanks for reading this. Kim **.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Overall terrible experience. Needed to purchase an adjustable bed for my elderly mother on a rush basis as she just got out of hospital. Salesperson advised that headboard would fit (with a $60 kit) the adjustable bed frame. So we purchased it as well as a full lift chair ($2500 total purchase). Delivery scheduled for 3 days out from purchase. On the first delivery attempt they could not complete delivery and installation of bed because they did not have the right kit. So we refused delivery. Contacted store in Waterford, CT and advised. They could have cared less that my elderly mom would have to sleep in a chair for the next 3 days because they could not accommodate a next day delivery in lieu of their mistake.

On the second delivery date, we finally got a delivery person that spoke enough English to advise us that this headboard would not fit the adjustable frame regardless of the $60 kit. So frustrate. We simply asked for a refund and will go elsewhere. Terrible customer service, salespeople were not knowledgeable and delivery team was useless. Also, the head of the distribution center was rude and borderline incompetent. Overall terrible experience - would not recommend to anyone under any circumstances.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a living room set. Within month the loveseat and chair started to crack. That was exchanged then the sofa. I have been calling them to no avail. The customer service is not good. They say they will call back. Never do. My sofa has cracked also. I have submitted pictures as requested.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have had a bad back for years. My mattress caved in and was impossible to sleep on. I went to Raymour & Flanigan because I know a saleswoman there. I brought a friend with me and I tried several mattresses. It had to be a fairly firm mattress to accommodate my back. I tried several and settled on a Beauty Rest. I did not purchase one of their mattress covers because I had one (If you purchase their mattress it gives you a 45 day option to return the bed) FYI.. Jordans Furniture and Mattress firm do not have any conditions re returns due to any dissatisfaction.

I thought, 'Who would ever return a bed" and my mattress cover was in perfect condition. They deliver the bed the next day. I immediately put on the mattress cover along with all my bed covers. I slept in the bed for a couple of nights, and I woke up feeling like I was 90 years old, I could barely walk. I called the saleswoman, stating how terrible this bed was, and she said it was probably a defective mattress, call the company. I called and a service person would be out in 2 weeks. I complained because I needed a decent bed. It did not help, I had to wait 2 weeks. So I made a bed out of quilts and comforters on the floor of my bedroom, I could not sleep on the mattress. Service guy comes out in 2 weeks, and states that the bed is fine. I got a call from the store stating that my bed was ok. I said, "It was not ok," and they told me I needed to talk with a manager.

To make this very long story short, I figured out, with the help of my friend who was with me, that the mattress that was delivered, was not the mattress I choose. I did not choose a mattress with a 4-5 inch pillow top. I did not choose a mattress that sunk in several inches when you sit on it. I can not have a soft bed due to my back. We went back to the store to find the mattress that I had chosen, and was told that all the mattresses had been removed and changed. The sale woman ignored me, the manager listened and rolled his eyes, obviously he did not believe me. He said he would call corporate and get back to me....and of course, he did not. When I thought I had found the mattress I choose, manager told me that that particular mattress was discontinued. Really???? Is that why I did not receive the mattress I chose?

Surely a mistake was made somewhere, and they delivered the wrong bed, but no one seemed to care. They kept stating that I did not buy a mattress cover from them, therefore, there was nothing they could do.... It's been 2 months and I am still sleeping on the floor. The mattress cost me $1000. All I want, is the mattress I choose. That's all. Can not believe a store would do this to me or anyone. Signed, Linda ** Waterford, Connecticut.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Terrible experience - Almost as if this is their 1st time in the business! What a joke this new store is at the RI Mall. We went in to purchase a mattress and adjustable base. While the sales associate was very nice, she clearly lacked appropriate training. When I asked about the warranty on the base, I was told "10 uh 20 years". Oh well, she wasn't trained properly. After making the purchase - a king mattress, adjustable base and pillow ($99 pillow on sale for $75), things didn't go well. We scheduled our delivery for a Sunday, received a call on the Friday night confirming a Saturday delivery. Had to remind them it was originally scheduled for the Sunday.

Delivery showed up late on the Sunday - delivery employees were nice, but sloppy. Marked up the staircase walls; thank God for Magic Erasers! Base was assembled and mattress was put on the base. Wait, what...no remote??? Delivery person said not to worry, remote would be dropped off later that day. Guess what - remote never delivered. We called the store on Monday and reported that we needed a remote. We were told that the store would contact the delivery folks/other store and have one out to us. We never received that remote... Called the store the following week and complained.

In the meantime, we received our invoice and see that we were charged full price for the pillow. Store customer care person said to come to the store, they would fix the bill and also give us a new remote. When I arrived, I was greeted nicely, and the customer care folks fixed the bill. One of the managers brought me out a used remote to keep. I asked if it was a new remote, he said it was "almost new". I explained that I wanted a new remote and that I had paid for a new remote. He said when the replacement remote arrives, I could come get that one and give the used one back. This was 2 weeks ago - still waiting on a call. Hopefully they didn't sneak me an almost new mattress! Oh well, we gave them a shot in their new store. Intimately, the experience was very disappointing. I would recommend going elsewhere for furniture - they've lost me as a repeat customer.

** Update as of 3/25/19 - received our bill in the mail. Pillow is still being charged at $99 - had to call and complain again. Received a call this AM letting me know that it has been corrected. Will believe it when I see it, I was told the same thing last month as well. ** Update as of 3/27/19 - Store called and gave me a new remote. Promised the pillow sales price would be adjusted next bill.

** Side note - On 3/21, I received an email from R&F - "Hi Jim. We're very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your remote and your bill and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We'd be happy to get you in touch with a manager to talk about this further with you. Feel free to email us at rfcare@raymourflanigan.com with your purchase information. Thank you." STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE - Joke's on me!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Raymour & Flanigan is the worst place to buy furniture from. I purchased a couch for $1,000 in 2018 - when I received it the padding on the arms of the couch was very thin. I called them to come and correct the problem - when their serviceman got here he told me "couches are made of wood - feeling the wood is perfectly normal" - they did nothing. Now the material to cover the wood has peeling which is not covered under the Platinum Protection Plan. However If I spill coffee on the material they will replace it. NEVER BUY FROM RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I rented an adjustable bed and a queen size mattress from Raymour & Flanigan. After a couple of months I felt very uncomfortable. It felt like something popped. I thought it was just in my mind but as I slept on it I kept but how do you say in the middle of the bed I kept switching it around. It always stays on one side. You can't flip it on the other side. I have seriously arthritis all through my body, my neck, my shoulders, my back, both hips, knees, in my hand and I told them so they sent out and Chester I guess that's what they call it with a metal light stick. He laid it across my bed and made a determination. Like that I paid over $1,500 just want to be treated this way and now I have to put a pillow in the middle of that hole so I don't fall in because I can't get out in the morning. I cry every day and every night and they told me to call back and 6 months.

How do they expect me to sleep on that bed any longer and how could that one piece of metal determine the way I slept at night. I felt I was treated wrongfully for all the money for all the money I so every night I'm scared to go to bed because I'm going to fall in that hole and I'm going to be in excruciating pain. I need someone to help me. Please I am on disability. I really couldn't afford that mattress but I should have never been treated this way. I despise the way I was treated. I would never recommend this store to anyone and until they fix this problem I will never shut my mouth and soon I will get a lawyer because no one deserves to sleep like bit yours truly about money.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I would give them 0 stars if possible. The salesman (Tom) in the King of Prussia store said that they had a special payment offer that we could pay in full in 45 days with no interest. We received a Raymour & Flanigan credit card that we had not requested and then a billing on the credit card with a payment due 33 days after the purchase and an interest rate of 29.99%. After getting no help from the credit card "customer service", I went back to the store. The store manager said "It is only 12 days early, what are you complaining about?" I told him that it was not what I was told and he said that I should just pay the full amount by the due date.

Since it was less than 30 days following the purchase, I said that I wanted to return everything as the salesman stated I could do. The manager then told me that I could not return the adjustable base and he could only give me a store credit for the mattress that I could use on a different mattress. Once again, not what my wife and I were told at the time of the purchase. They apparently will tell you any number of lies to get you to purchase their products and give you a hard time and no attempt to try to work with you afterwards to even come close to honoring the statements made at time of sale. Don't even go into one of their stores.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Don't go there. Shop around and if have to pay for better quality... I bought a accent chair from them and now waiting for a furniture tech to come see it. The salesperson never informed me that they had a no refund policy... That would be the first alarm going off. They do not stand by their products... Very dissatisfied with them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Product and store really zero stars just had to rate one to submit review! I purchased a bed $810.30 from Raymour & Flanigan 2/24/2019, Tara the salesperson failed to mention that if the expensive waterproof cover was not purchased then the bed could not be returned or covered by the 45 day guarantee. The store pulled, tagged and delivered the wrong bed with my name on it. After the delivery I found some additional alarming tags, a bright orange tag labeled HOT!!! And a small blue tag with another customers name on it, the bed was the wrong size as well. I called immediately and sent photos to a someone at the store of the bed (still wrapped) and set up a time for the next day for an exchange.

The next few days with delivery were horrifying, the delivery people kept coming to my house way outside of the delivery window and even though I spoke with them prior to coming they would still come too early and left with not call me back. I contacted the store every day and never received callback. At one point I called and spoke to Daniel who told me there was nothing he could do for me, and that I am not there during the delivery time frame and they even offered to wait 45 minutes, which is a lie (I have recorded phone call of a driver coming too early). Daniel not only told me there was nothing he could do for me but that he could not cancel my order per my request at that point, because the bed had been delivered. (They still had not delivered my bed. They delivered the wrong product.) And Daniel hung up on me.

I called corporate and reported the experience, I spoke to April a manager the next day who denied my request to cancel my order because the bed is delivered (they still had not delivered my new purchased bed or picked up the wrong one). Eventually days later I received an exchange and the bed I received is hard as concrete, not at all like the showrooms we tried. I have called the store and corporate several times even crying once because I have had a migraine and body hurts every day from the bed so my daughter and I do not sleep on it anymore. No word from corporate.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We bought an expensive leather sofa (we saw one the same day at Macy's, we should have bought instead), from Raymour. Within 5 months the one cushion was going flat and the leather was buckling. I called the store (Exton, PA) and they told me they were sending the technician to re-stuff the cushion! I said that's all well and good since we are still in the warranty timeframe, but what if it happens again? They said you will have to pay for the service!! The guy comes and unzips the cushion and literally just stuffs it with fiber-fil! The kicker... He stuffed it more than the other one! I told customer service that this was ridiculous for such an expensive sofa and the woman argued with me. So much for the customer is always right! She didn't seem surprised that the furniture was sub-par. Bottom line, we are stuck with this defective, cheaply made sofa. We will never shop there again!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Purchased headboard, frame and a Stearns and Foster mattress. Got the platinum plan on both items. Less than one week after delivery the rail of the bed frame split. Contacted them immediately and sent in required photos to show damage. Response from them was suppose to be 72 hours. That did not happen. Contacted them and for some reason the representative could not comprehend the reason for the complaint. I hung up and someone did call back and once again explained the dire situation of the possibility of frame collapsing with two senior citizens in the bed. Said to give her to the end of day (Friday) and she would contact me Saturday. That did not happen.

Called again today Monday, March 4th and once again explained the situation. Representative said person who contacted me was not in but referred to another rep who would review photos. No one has returned calls! I have purchased many items from Raymour in the past - no problems with furniture nor with the platinum plan for repairs. I am so disgusted and I need some help from a SUPERVISOR!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

In May 2018 my husband and I purchased all of our furniture for our new home through Raymour & Flanigan. 9 months later, our dining room set's finish began to wear off. As this furniture was not cheap, we were very disappointed and are anticipating the other chairs and our matching server to soon have the same issue. As it was under warranty, we called to have the furniture exchanged. Upon reading recent reviews of the same dining set, there were several other customers with the same issue.

We were told that we could only exchange the table and not the chairs or server because there was not yet damage, and if we were to exchange the server we would have to pay $97 to re-stock it, and if they took the chairs they would use our platinum protection plan, even though the issue is a defect in their finish and not something on our part. We needed a day to think of our options and ended up decided to just exchange the table for the same one. After playing phone tag for about a week, we were then told that the table was no longer available as it was no longer being produced. So what I gather is R&F clearly knows this piece has a defect and should be recalled but will not admit that to the customers.

Beyond that, after speaking with MANY different customer care representatives (who all had different stories) we were told there were still 17 tables in the warehouse. I left work early to be home for the delivery and when they came they only brought the top of the table and attached it to my damaged base! This was on Sunday, and when I called customer service they were confused as to what happened and said they would call back.

Well, I called today and now the manager is trying to say I NEVER told them the base was damaged, even though a tech was here who took pics and I had emailed some as well. Oh, and the manager tried to argue with me saying that what I was saying was not true throughout the entire phone call. Also, We were referred back to the "Randolph customer care" each time we called (over 5x) who NEVER answers - it's literally a merry-go-round circus. I guess the customer ISN'T always right at Raymour & Flanigan. Next time, I will purchase quality furniture from a company who cares about customer satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Bought a four thousand dollar mattress and box spring about a year and half ago. The box spring support fell apart. When contacting customer service and the store all they would say is "Sorry nothing we can do." Granted it was a floor model. But at four thousand dollars they assured us there was nothing wrong with it. Our other mattress and box spring in the other four bedrooms were purchased elsewhere and for far less money and have never fallen apart. The only customer service offered was to sell us another one.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

They do sell things cheaper but the reason being it is low-quality stuff. They also don’t stand behind what they sell. They sold my sister an adjustable bed, that in two years stopped working and will do nothing to make it right. They had her call the company that made the bed and she was charged a high amount to send someone out just to look ago it. Then will send us the spartan and we are expected to fix it. Needless to say she hate pay ahead of time and still now one has been out to look at it and it has been 5 days. Raymour's answer was, "There is nothing we can do." Then they talked Her into a frame and it does not serve any purpose. I bought a bedroom set and the backs of the dresser were not finished to my liking, I called and they not another one, worse than the original and the guy that came did not even put it on right. They sell crap and don’t stand behind their crap.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

If I could give less than one star I would! This store and this company have been absolutely awful to my husband and I! We purchased the overpriced platinum plan but when we tried to use it to replace damaged furniture it turns out the $200 plan is a total scam!! After fighting for a week to get someone to speak to me about the plan, I was finally able, after much arguing, to get a partial credit. When we choose a new item we were then informed we can't use the credit to buy it!! The brick store said we can only use the credit for in stock/floor stock items- none of which matched the small room we were trying to shop for. I am very disappointed and I hope that our terrible experience can help others- don't buy from Raymour!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Purchased a 900 dollar bed. Within 8 months of began to buckle and sag. 7 year old nephew removed tag from mattress. Raymour said they are not obligated to replace because tag was gone. They had my receipt. Implied that I could have sewn a look a like mattress. DONT BUY FROM DISHONEST COMPANIES.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was looking to purchase bedroom set... Found one I loved in Raymour & Flanigan. To hold the price, they told me I can put a $20.00 deposit until I was ready to go ahead with the deal... They said it would hold price for 30 days. Before the 30 days was even near, the sales guy, (not even the one I was dealing with) called me 4 times... I told him I was not ready to go ahead & if it was a problem, I would come get my deposit back. He said, "WE CAN PROBABLY GET THE DISTRICT MGR INVOLVED FOR A BETTER PRICE"... I liked that...however, I needed a few days to go back with my husband. Well... I went back on a Sunday, the was extremely nasty & pushy... I have never even met him before, because like I said, I was dealing with some other sales person that must have left there.

He said he never called me and said that he can do better on price. He said I was dealing with him for a 2 months, (which I was not) I said forget it, the deal is off...just give me my deposit back... Here's the real deal breaker... THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME MY $20.00 IN CASH BACK... THEY SAID THEY SEND CHECKS OUT... I WAS PISSED BECAUSE THEY TOOK MY DEPOSIT IN CASH. NEVER WILL GO THERE EVER!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

This store sells very cheaply built, faux furniture and charges top $$. I spent over $5k to furnish a living room and dining room. I purchased top tier warranty plan and had serious issues from chairs falling apart to leather fading and mechanical issues with recliners. These incidents occurred regularly and even after a replacement the product was still junk. The delivery guys were extremely rude and customer service would not honor my repair request. I highly recommend A REAL furniture store if quality is important to you. If not save your money and get IKEA, Ashley or Walmart furniture because the quality will be better or equal to this company's original products and they will protect your investment without a bogus "Platinum Warranty". I would not ever recommend Raymour & Flanigan to anyone, ever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Bought a recliner in 2/17. It was great at first, but then the seat started sloping to the right and became very uncomfortable and unhealthy. Paid $34.95 for 5 years of protection. Called today 2/19 and was told there was nothing they could do. They said they would come to our house for a cost of $75.00 and still would not be guaranteed. What did I pay $34.95 for? They said, "You would have to had to recognized the problem within a year." STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I am highly disappointed on the platinum coverage with Raymour & Flannigan. My husband and I opted for the platinum package to have a peace of mind on the investment we made 3 years ago. Not knowing the coverage or warranty is all a scam and a waste of money. I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of Raymour's leather pieces for the price I paid the Leather set should have lasted more than 3 years in great shape. The color on all 3 leather pieces is fading, chipping, peeling just horrible and unacceptable from the reputable Raymour & Flannigan furniture store.

Please be advised I will be filing a complaint to BBB and on yelp to alert all prospective customers of the scam on the platinum coverage and the quality of the leather products. I really thought purchasing from Raymour & Flanigan was a good investment and wouldn't have the need to replace for several years but I was very wrong. I really expected a lot more from Raymour and Flanigan as advertised on TV and Website.

After all the money my spouse spent on the leather living room set and the platinum coverage now I have to get all of it replaced within 3 years of purchase. This is very unfair and Raymour should send someone out to take a look at the condition of my furniture and reimburse or give me credit to replace my purchase under the platinum coverage plan. All the customers should know that Raymour & Flanigan does not have the best leather furniture out there. People don't be fooled by the name of the furniture store and waste your money on buying from them. They do not stand behind their name and coverage policy. This is totally unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I purchased an expensive full size bed, box spring, and frame from R&F last year for my young son. Within eight months the box spring had broken down on the left and right side. It just collapsed and could not support the mattress. I contacted R&F and they sent out a technician to look at it before a replacement box spring could be sent. I thought for sure they would replace the box spring since it was under a year and sat on the high end frame they sell. The technician agreed that the box spring was defective and that it would be replaced. I received a call from their customer support saying that it wasn’t defective and therefore not replaceable under the warranty. I told her that the tech told me it was defective and would be replaced. The rep said the tech told her it wasn’t defective. I felt scammed and had no other recourse than to contact the maker of the bed, Sealy.

Sealy told me that standard procedure is for R&F to take care of the warranty from their end, but since they refused to, then they would take care of the warranty issue for me. They advised me to take pictures along with proof of purchase and email it to Sealy. After two days, I received an email from Sealy telling me the mattress was defective and that they were sending me a replacement. Also, they said that R&F was definitely in the wrong for how they handled my warranty problem.

I will be writing the R&F corporate office tomorrow and giving them the name of the customer rep who handled my claim in such an underhanded manner. How I was lied to and treated very disrespectfully and all for a two hundred dollar box spring. I will let it be known that I have cut up my R&F credit card and will never purchase another item from their store ever again. I purchased many items over the years from R&F and never once have I used the warranty, and to be scammed and lied to has left me with a very bad feeling. My money will be spent elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I went into the Raymour and Flanigan showroom in Farmingdale, NY to look at couches. I saw a couch I liked, took its information sheet and left to go shop around. I returned home and decided to make the purchase from Raymour and Flannigan. I went online and ordered the couch that I had sat on in the store in the color I wanted. The couch arrived on 12/18. I immediately called attention to the fact that it was not wrapped in plastic and was dusty and had hair and lint on it. The deliveryman said "once it's in your house, it's yours. No returns."

I called Raymour and Flanigan in Farmingdale (as the deliverymen ran from my home) and was told that since I purchased online there was nothing they could help me with. I called the corporate number and was told 'no returns'. I am perplexed. The couch is a sectional that does NOT connect so the pieces float around as if they are two separate couches. The back of the couch is bowed and warped and the seat is all depressed and broken. Such a piece of junk.

I continued to call Raymour every day until they sent a technician. The technician told me that the warped back of the couch, the fact that the sectional arrived filthy, and the fact that it doesn't connect are all part of the couch being cheap and poorly made BUT since there was no defect, it's mine, no returns. I want my money back and the couch removed from my home. I have been offered $800 (I paid over $1300) for the couch from Raymour because they have acknowledged that the couch is poorly made. I want my money back. This business should not be able to dump something off at a home and claim "it's yours, no refunds."

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I bought a sofa from Raymour & Flanigan in June 2018. After 4 months the material on the cushions began to stretch and sag. I called to complain and was sent a new set of cushions in November 2018. Not even a month later the same thing began to happen. I called to complain again and after a month they sent a technician who said this was normal and the cushions were intact. I then received a call from a customer service representative who told me the same thing. When I told them I am not satisfied with this sofa I was told they could not do anything about it. So much for the manufacturer's warranty and Raymour and Flanigan standing behind their merchandise. I will not be buying furniture from them again and will make sure friends and family know of their poor customer service policies.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We ordered furniture from Raymour & Flanigan for our new house - 2 sofas, a settee and dining table + 4 chairs and a bench. The day of the delivery, the drivers called way before the scheduled delivery time to say they would arrive in 30 minutes. I had recently (10 days prior) had an emergency c section and was staying with my in laws 40 minutes away so I told them I would drive up immediately and to wait.

I rushed there to find that they had the landscaper accept the delivery — left all of the furniture in one room, blocking the entrance and left the legs off the table! They didn’t even leave the hardware to put the legs on!!! It took countless calls and 1.5 weeks for them to send someone out. One of the sofas didn’t fit in the room we wanted, despite measurements - we asked to exchange it and they told us it would be a 40% restocking fee! After spending almost $6000 with a company you’d expect decent customer service. I will never buy anything from there again and will advise everyone to avoid shopping there.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Overall experience was not bad from the beginning. The salesman was polite and not pushy. Provided a clear understanding of the selection, pricing and delivery guarantee. We verified that the pieces we purchased were in stock and a delivery date. Notified the next day that one of the items was out of stock and it would not be arriving with the other items and no date for its delivery could be offered. I talked to the store manager and asked him what could be done and he indicated there were multiple options. I asked what compensation would be offered since the guarantee was not going to be met. He offered no tangible option or solution. I feel that if stores are going to offer a guarantee it must be backed by some form of resolve and compensation to the buyer. I call this false advertising. I would never recommend this store or any other in its domain.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Ordered a small table online that was delivered to my local store. The box looked ok, so I did not check. Was damaged and was told someone would be at my house today to fix. No show, no call. I called them only to find that they cancelled the service call and did not call me. Was told they would be in touch. I will never buy from them again.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs