2. Homeowners

New York, NY

3.5/5 (245 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Thank you, Kelly **, from Raymour & Flanigan for hooking us up with our new adjustable bed! Split queen, dual controls. Woohoo! We'll need to get used to the settings, but this morning I had perfect lounging until 10:30! Excellent service, amazing price, next day delivery. The delivery team was awesome, too! I took this photo in the store (as nobody wants to see the Baumgardens laying in bed! Haha!). Kelly's email is **. Kelly will not push you into anything you don't want. A refreshing shopping experience! See what she can do for you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had the worst time with ordering online. Waited over four months and they delivered only half my order, never told me anything. Found out I’d half to wait another month and a half for the rest of my order. I went to the store in West Springfield MA and Omar and Mike were very kind and understanding and gave me an even nicer sectional and are talking the other half order out free of charge. They went above and beyond to help me. They turned an awful situation into a happy one!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Price is good and the salespersons are not forcing you to buy anything you don’t want. The information is clear. The quality is good. We purchased bed sets and dining table set. They are good value. Note that we purchased from their outlet not the normal store. The delivery is professional and quick. They put the bed set together quickly.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I love the merchandise in Raymour and Flanigan. Nicely pricely. I bought several things from Raymour and Flanigan. I bought 2 beautiful Crystal Mount Ceiling Lights and they are so pretty. I also bought 2 nightstands that are very nice, and the prices are good. They have a great selection for your home needs. The people that work in the store are very very nice, which is a good experience. I would definitely recommend this store. I received this email today 11/11 and now it says the contest was over 10/31?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I got a sofa and accent chair. The quality is great. I got a great deal. From 1,150 I got them on sale for 850. I was able to get a insurance for the fabric and they deliver for free (before Covid-19) in two days. The delivery was a success (they deliver like it was their own house). Customer service at the store was great. Very helpful to get what we need it, but not suffocating. They gave us space to look everything and decide, but close enough for our questions. We recommend it to our families and friends now.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I purchased a reclining sofa and recliner in Nov 2020. After 8 months it is almost impossible to sit in the sofa due to the hardness of the seat and the pain I experience. I had knee surgery in Mar 2021 and even after 4 months it is physically painful to sit on the sofa because my legs are higher than my butt when the seat is reclined which puts pressure on the quad muscle in my leg and causes it to ache. I had purchased the 5 year product protection plan so a tech was sent out to examine the sofa.

After sitting on the sofa he said he thought the seat had been stuffed with two different grades of foam which is why it hurt to sit on it but I find that excuse ridiculous. No manufacturer would so such a thing and considering it wasn't like that when it was delivered I don't believe him. Due to the national foam shortage it will be 8-12 months before this can be fixed so I am now forced to buy another sofa from another store. If you are considering buying from this seller be aware that you may not be getting a quality piece of furniture.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I placed an order with the Raymour and Flanigan in Garden City. Upon receiving my order after months of waiting, the night stand and headboard came in damaged. I immediately called and told the service department about the damages. After going back and forth, I submitted photos. I was told they would put in a request to replace the nightstand and headboard.

After waiting a couple of months I was notified that a replacement nightstand would be delivered. When I questioned about the headboard I was told I had to call back that they did not handle that. I followed up only to be told that my headboard replacement had been canceled. The person I was speaking with could not tell me why or what happened. I had to call again to a different department to be told that the replacement was canceled due to the manufacturer no longer making the head board. I was completely shocked and caught off guard. I have dealt with them before and never had such bad customer service. Now they want me to exchange the headboard but nothing else matches the rest of the other furniture I purchased as a set. I am so upset and can not find another set to replace the existing one. And to add insult to injury they are still selling the headboard online. I don't know why they can't just exchange the headboard.

Now I have to go through this whole purchasing process all over again. And now after my son already picked it out now I have to explain why the whole set needs to be changed. Extremely dissatisfied with how the customer service department handle this issue. If I never called to follow up they were just going to cancel the replacement and never tell me anything. Not how I want to do business with a company.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I would not go back to this company again. I bought a sofa and love seat combo. It stated that the love seat was on backorder for 2 days after my purchase so I thought I was going to get the set together because my delivery was set for a week after the fact. The day of delivery I found out only my couch came and I had already at that point the day before sold my other couch and love seat to make the space for both these pieces. They brought the recliner sofa in 2 pieces and put it together in my living room. The guys did not clip it together properly and one recliner seat started separating from the couch. I called customer service and they were fixing that for me because now it is a broken latch.

Every week I keep getting an email stating that my sofa would come and when that day arrives it's pushed back another week. I am now going 3 weeks and I only bought this set for a party I was having for my baby daughter's 1st birthday and will have tons of guest now and I have 1 broken couch in my living room. I called the manager and asked if they can do something about this because I do not want just a couch in my living room, I have tons of guest coming with no seating. She said she can do nothing about it. This was the worst experience. Had I known that the set was not coming I would have asked for them to keep the set until it came to me as a set so at least I could have kept my couches until then.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Won’t deal with Raymour again! I brought a dining room set about 4 years and purchased the extra insurance that lasts up to 5 years. The leather began cracking around the 2 1/2 to 3 year mark. I finally called them for repair. The customer service was ok, the technician did what he was supposed to do when he repaired the chairs. But now the bottom part of the leather that he repaired (looks new) does not match the top part of the leather (looks old) so for that I am unhappy. FYI I purchased a living room set from Bob’s around the same time I purchased the dining set from Raymour. (Also purchased insurance) I Had the same problem and Bob’s offered a whole new living room set up to the cost of my old set. All in all, I will go with Bob’s for all my furniture needs as they just don’t repair to make furniture look mix match, but they replace.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We purchased an expensive power leather reclining sofa and chair. In less than three months, the color of the leather wore off where your head goes on both pieces. Service came out and spray painted the leather with shiny paint, and the leather wasn’t shiny. Looks HORRIBLE. Now the paint is wearing off too. We went to the store and were told we had to go through service. Now they want to come and paint them again. They said there’s nothing they can do about our oily heads on the leather!! Are you kidding me!! We have had leather furniture for over 30 years, and NEVER had this problem.

Raymour and Flanigan has the absolute WORST customer service I have EVER encountered. They have no intention of ever making things right. This company should not be allowed to keep stealing people’s hard earned money!! A business is only as good as their customer service, and this store is the absolute WORST OF THE WORST!! Save yourself endless amounts of frustration and aggravation and take my word for it, DON’T SHOP HERE!!!! Should be allowed to give zero stars, because they don’t deserve any!!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information