1.21/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

New York, NY

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

507 Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We ordered furniture from Raymour & Flanigan for our new house - 2 sofas, a settee and dining table + 4 chairs and a bench. The day of the delivery, the drivers called way before the scheduled delivery time to say they would arrive in 30 minutes. I had recently (10 days prior) had an emergency c section and was staying with my in laws 40 minutes away so I told them I would drive up immediately and to wait.

I rushed there to find that they had the landscaper accept the delivery — left all of the furniture in one room, blocking the entrance and left the legs off the table! They didn’t even leave the hardware to put the legs on!!! It took countless calls and 1.5 weeks for them to send someone out. One of the sofas didn’t fit in the room we wanted, despite measurements - we asked to exchange it and they told us it would be a 40% restocking fee! After spending almost $6000 with a company you’d expect decent customer service. I will never buy anything from there again and will advise everyone to avoid shopping there.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Overall experience was not bad from the beginning. The salesman was polite and not pushy. Provided a clear understanding of the selection, pricing and delivery guarantee. We verified that the pieces we purchased were in stock and a delivery date. Notified the next day that one of the items was out of stock and it would not be arriving with the other items and no date for its delivery could be offered. I talked to the store manager and asked him what could be done and he indicated there were multiple options. I asked what compensation would be offered since the guarantee was not going to be met. He offered no tangible option or solution. I feel that if stores are going to offer a guarantee it must be backed by some form of resolve and compensation to the buyer. I call this false advertising. I would never recommend this store or any other in its domain.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Ordered a small table online that was delivered to my local store. The box looked ok, so I did not check. Was damaged and was told someone would be at my house today to fix. No show, no call. I called them only to find that they cancelled the service call and did not call me. Was told they would be in touch. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Ordered a bed frame from Raymour & Flanigan in June. After just over 5-6 months of use, the frame snapped due to it being improperly assembled. After calling multiple times to get the issue addressed, they told me they would exchange the bed. I received no further communication from them or even a time frame of when to expect the replacement, so we disposed of the broken frame, as we live in an apartment and it was a safety hazard.

When they brought the bed, they chastised me for not having the previous bed and left, despite receiving no indication that it was required. After resolving this and getting things cleared up, the company delivered the product again on the agreed upon date. However, despite having the product within their possession for over a week, as well has having loaded it up, trucked it, taken it off the truck, and loaded it again, it was discovered that the product was missing hardware essential to the integrity its usage. While they contacted the warehouse for further instructions, it was said that because it was listed as an "just an exchange" that the delivery crew didn't pay quite as much attention to the instructions as usual, despite it being flagged as a priority by corporate.

After that discussion, they removed the frame, loaded it back on the truck, and took it away. I called corporate and spoke with a manager who informed me that because of the oversight, they would have to re-order the frame from the manufacturer. They got the new frame in and were supposed to deliver it today, however despite talking to multiple managers and being told that this was being flagged as a priority, the delivery team was under the impression that we had the old bed and expected to use parts of it to assemble the new bed. So, for the 3rd time in two weeks, they drove off with my purchase. This, along with the lack of communication with the delivery group regarding what the expectation was for the item and their lack of care regarding the products is inexcusable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We bought a very expensive furniture including the recliner, we paid for 5 years guaranty. The furniture were supposed to be leather and our guaranty was supposed to cover everything. Less than a year with the product the leather started to peel off. We contacted customer service and their answer was that the damaged experienced by the furniture was not cover by our plan. I am so disappointed with this furniture store that we have initiated a campaign among friends and family no to buy from the store. We took pictures of all the pieces so we can share them with other people. This is the worst investment in our lives. This store should be out business by ripping off people. They should be ashamed of themselves. We took that pieces of garbage out of our house and bought something from Macy's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We bought a Oakley 6 piece set from R&F. Within a few days of purchase, something popped (most likely a spring) inside the backrest of the chaise lounger that is a part of the set. I contacted customer service, and they said that it would be about 2 weeks when a technician could come to our place to fix the problem. They would not give a time window other than saying it could be any time during the day. The day was today. I waited the whole day, and nobody arrived. No phone call or email either. So, when I called customer service again, they said the technician called but nobody answered the phone. That is totally untrue.

There is something called phone record, and it doesn't show any number that I missed today. I told him that, and he said he couldn't speculate on what happened, but he had to take the technician's words for it, basically implying that I am a liar. The next available date in December did not work for me, so we had to go to January. Then he said that he could not book for January in December, so I have to call back again to set up a time in January. I was totally at the end of my wits. When I asked him to connect me to his manager, he said that he would have to email his manager and ask them to get back to me.

I asked why he could not just connect me by phone, and he said that he doesn't have their phone number. Then he disconnected the phone. I have never experienced such horrible customer service before. First of all, when you buy a piece of furniture paying more than fifteen hundred bucks, you don't expect something to break immediately. And, then when it breaks, you expect the company to be responsive in taking care of the problem instead of giving the customer a runaround. I am deeply dissatisfied, and I hope these guys know what they are doing is wrong.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Purchased 2 loveseats so my husband and I could have our own. Mind you this was a replacement set because the first set fell apart within a year. The tech came to my house yesterday and looked at the seat. He said clearly it is broken and can’t be fixed while he was sitting in it. He took a picture and sent in his report. Today I got a call saying it was normal wear and tear. My husband and I are the only ones that sit in these. When you sit in it you drop down like there is a broken board so you sink way down. I sit in mine as often and it does not sit like his. So what you are telling me is cause we sit in our chairs they are supposed to break in a matter of 5 years.

If we wanted to replace our furniture often we would of went to a discount store and purchased a garbage set. Before we purchased this set we had a set that we paid $250 for a full size couch and recliner. That set lasted us 15 years, only got rid of it because of remodeling. Think I will go to another discount store to purchase. So if you are going to buy furniture from Raymour & Flanigan don’t sit in it because I guess in their eyes it is to look at and suppose to sit on the floor so not to wear it out. I will never purchase and don’t recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Raymour and Flanigan has the worst customer service. I had purchased many items from them in the past. They do not care about the customer at all once the purchase is final. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We bought a dining room set there. It wasn't cheap but when it came it was cheap. The chairs obviously did not come with the table because they are too high. In addition, one of the chairs was shaky. We called to have it replaced. After much, much conversation they finally came to replace the chair. When I asked if they checked their furniture when it was delivered to them, I was informed that the way they receive the furniture is the way they deliver it and see no reason to check. The table is shaky now and the cushions on the chairs are deflated.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My 1st purchased was a leather sectional, and that broke at the seam within a couple of months and could not be repaired because cushioned was attached. So I was able to select a different set (Bernhart name brand), more money, Loveseat 1400 and sofa 1500, thinking better quality. "Negative". The stuffing on the loveseat is starting to come down on the sides of the and gather in the middle, making a small bulge. So my new option now is to replace loveseat with different piece that's not the same matching one, and get credit for the big sofa since it's been used. Not to mention my bedroom, the tall dresser cracked and the repair was... more pudding, paint, and shine. I'm so disgusted with all of their products. I will never purchase another thing from them. I am planning on getting the media on my side and I'm reporting them to the BBB and also Attorney General.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Ordered sofa from Flanigan website... dimensions listed were 74 inches from inside arm to arm... actual size, 68 inches, that's six inches less to lay down on, not one or two!!! Arms are listed as 5 inches wide, actual size 7 inches!! Total length listed 84 inches, actual size 82 inches. WOW... called immediately to report this to store in Greece, NY... Cust Service manager Maria ** informed me no returns, receipt clearly states that and we signed it. She could care less. We are long time customers, just kept repeating, "You signed the receipt." Her response to losing us as customers forever was "yup"... and then "yup" once again... Isn't it unethical to sell furniture that has fake measurements?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Purchased a desk, a chair and file cabinet. No problems with the experience until a caster broke on the chair. Called their customer service number to purchase a new caster. They could not do anything to get me the new caster. Definitely done with them. It would have been so easy to keep me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Purchased this leather 3 seat cushion, saddle armed (hâte them) 2 recliner couch. Will be 1 year 12/1/18. Couch initially seemed comfortable in store. Home not so much. Can’t lay down, right side totally sank with a hole, sinking in front, footrest collapse, need to rotate sitting needs to keep couch looking even (pathetic), back of coach for my bad back. Horrible. No head or lumbar support when reclining, and finally and most importantly no sick, fluey, fever, coughing watching TV couch potato expérience on this piece of crap. And it wasn’t cheap. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I hope you never have a problem! I just wanted to let someone know about my experience. I went to the Nanuet NY store a few weeks ago to purchase furniture. They were nice enough to tell me about the friends and family sale this weekend, and that I could receive an additional 20% off. When I went back to purchase it this weekend, the price was raised, so when they took the discount off, it was no cheaper. I was going to purchase 2 couches and a loveseat. They offer an additional $100 off, it should have been over $600. As the sale was over $3000! I have contacted corporate, and just keep getting sent to a different department! No help from any part of this company! I'm not sure if this is how business works today, but I felt like expressing my complaint.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I recently made a purchase online and selected a 0% interest financing option over 12 months. I received the couch and love it. Unfortunately I chose to finance through the ancient financing group that is Raymour & Flanigan. It took weeks to finally get my credit card/account number so I could enroll in the online system. After attempting several enrollments with the assistance of customer service on the phone and being unable to set up my account, I made a one time payment for the entire couch on the spot. The frustration I have with the inability to simply create an online account cost me an upfront $3k. I will not recommend them going forward and they can feel free to close my current credit line which after today is paid off entirely. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Sales were fine, trouble is with service. I had 4 visits to my home and each time the noise/problem became worse. I asked for the replacement and was given a very hard time. Eventually, they (Gail) agreed to refund towards a new love seat. I was told that because service would not admit to this broken piece of furniture they refused to write the Platinum insurance plan on the new one purchase (almost double the cost.) After reading the terrible reviews and similar issues I felt I needed this insurance. They refused at Corp. offices (Bianca). Due to this episode and the time I (disabled Vietnam veteran 100%) will not buy from a company like this and will go with better companies on ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We purchased the Platinum plan on our recliner and on October 7, 2018 they came and of course they didn’t have the part so they told me it would take a week, so on the 14th I called and was told they don’t have the part and it has to be shipped from China and would take 4 to 6 weeks for the part to get here. My recliner is stuck in the halfway position for over a month. They do not care about their customers after the sale!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I am not sure what is worse, the quality of the furniture or the store customer service! On September 4, 2018 I bought a bedroom set for my son and an office set. I spent about $3000. To save money I picked up the furniture from Raymour & Flanigan store at 1400 Rocky Run Parkway, Wilmington, DE. When I unpacked the mirror, I found the support rack missing. I went to the store and told them it was missing. I had to wait 3 days to get the mirror support and I had to go and pick it up. MY TIME HAS NO VALUE TO THEM.

When I unpacked the desk chair I notice damage to the chair as shown in the photo. I took the chair to the store to exchanged. The store manager agreed that the chair has defected. I requested an exchange, but the store manager could not authorize the exchange until their technician examine the chair. They made me take the chair back and made an appointment with the technician to come a week later (too busy to come next day. Apparently, a lot customer complains). Also, they said if the technician agrees with the exchange then I will have to go back to store with the defected chair and exchange it with another. They will not deliver it because I picked up the chair and for them to deliver it they need to charge me $45. MY TIME HAS NO VALUE TO THEM.

When I unpacked the desk, I found that the drawers are hard to open and close. I checked the bottom of the drawers and found that they were repaired before and it seemed that Raymour & Flanigan gave me a returned product that they tried to fix. I called the customer service and they said they will send a technician to examine the desk. I informed them that I will not take the desk back and they have to deliver the new desk to me and pick up the defected desk. WILL SEE WHAT HAPPEN.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We purchased a Quincey reclining sofa and recliner chair 10 months ago and the recliner chair stopped working in the reclining mode. We were told when we purchased this furniture this sort of thing would not happen that you would not get stuck in the reclining position. The money we spent on this furniture is not worth the price and the service is terrible. We waited a whole week and no one called to say they could not keep the appointment with us but hopefully next week someone could be out to fix the chair. Two weeks with a chair stuck in the recline position is a safety problem. Ten months we have this furniture and this is the best customer service they could give. Needless to say we will not be returning loyal customers that we have been in the past.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We spent $6000 at Raymour & Flanigan which included a dining room table and chairs which we only used 3 times. They look beautiful and are very comfortable. We did not buy the warranty protection because of cost and thought what could go wrong with a dining room table we only use 3x a year for the holidays. To our dismay, sitting on them only 3 times, 4 out of 8 chairs developed such wobbly legs you cannot sit on them. This is a fairly common issue but normally after a few years and can be fixed by just tightening the leg support bolts on each corner at the base of the seat.

When we turned the chairs over to tighten the bolts we discovered there are no bolts or screws to tightened! So how do you fix the problem? You need to call support to do this and it costs $75 for them to just come over. We are so disappointed. I am hoping the chairs will be permanently fixed and not have to do this every year going forward. If you plan on buying chairs at Raymour & Flanigan look under the seat to see if there are bolts to tighten the legs before you buy. There are a lot of complaints online and I am surprised by how many.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Worst customer service I have ever met in US! Bought a lot of furniture in May. Delivered wrong queen bed part and couldn’t assembly (sure!) Wasted total 6 days! Waited for service guys come to look for seconds, 2 times; replace guys 2 times, can’t pick up since it wasn’t their responsibility; 1 service guy delivered a frame for temporary use; after complained to BBB, finally sent correct bed and agreed to credit me back $100, but only got $71? What! Still waiting for the rest $29.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchased dinette and marble coffee table in Sept 2018. Sunday, I placed my hand on marble coffee table to get something on top and the corner of the table fell off. I contacted Raymour & Flanigan as soon as it happened, they told me my extended warranty had Just run out a couple of days again, because it was a few days, she would see what could be done. I sent photos to Melissa, the supervisor, she responded there wasn't anything that could be done. Refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor. Well there is something that can be done if you can't assist what you have valued me as a VIP customer. That $5,000.00 purchase of bedroom suite and living room set, will be canceled. Contacting corporate.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Terrible customer Service. In July had service tech come out to look at my loveseat power recliner wouldn’t close. Needed to order a motor. Said 4 weeks. Called back in August. No motor. Told it’s coming from China. Takes awhile. Later told they don’t make that part anymore but manufacturer will get one. Called end of August. Told it was shipped. 4 or 5 weeks. Called last week. Was told it didn’t ship. Going to ship September 30. By ship 4 weeks. I asked for faster shipping was told, "Oh we can’t do that." They asked me to send pictures of motor. Maybe they had a universal one to fit. Sent them off. Haven’t heard a word. Also posted on Facebook. Was told email RFCare@raymourflanigan.com. Did so in beginning of September. Got replay, "We’ll look into it. Get back to you within 24 hours." Never heard a word. Email couple time. Nothing. Worst customer Service I ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

We had a balance on a promotional zero balance furniture payment of about $1,000 when we made a second purchase with a new zero balance promotional plan. We were told at the store that it would all be combined into the same account. We signed up for mail-free statements and automatic payments (unfortunately meaning we were not seeing statement in the mail every month). What they didn't tell us was that the two purchases were combined under one account but they remained as separate line items with different financing terms.

My monthly payments were then divided up by them with a disproportionate amount of the payment going to the purchase with three year terms and the smaller or minimum amount being applied to the one year term. Suddenly, an additional $600 in interest posted to the account and when I called it was revealed that the expiration of the promotional terms for the smaller load had expired and there was nothing they could do about it. WHATEVER YOU DO - DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN AND TD BANK. I found their practices to be unethical, misleading and deceitful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We bought a $3000 couch 4 years ago. It was delivered broken, then the motor stopped working and couch leg would not go down. Leather pells. They replaced motor but now the leg is not going down again and they will not fix it because they say the motor is no longer made. So I have a 4 year old couch that does not connect, the leg stays up and can't make it go down and leather is peeling everywhere. I complained to the company and no offer to repair, replace or refund. They do not stand by their product. Never buy Bellanest or shop at Raymour & Flanigan.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I am not sure what is worse, the quality of the furniture or the platinum plan. I have spent over 40k on furniture from this company. Almost all of the furniture I have purchased have had problems from the day of delivery. The dresser in my son's room was defective upon delivery, the soft close drawers were slamming shut & off track. I took off of work five times to have the drawer fixed. The first four times the technician came he looked at the drawer before finally fixing it. My bedroom set was Assembled wrong Which caused screws to split the wood and pop out of my headboard. A service technician applied some type of putty (that didn’t match at all) on top of the screws that the screws. Eventually the screws came right through.

The Couch I purchased has sunk in & the coating is peeling off. Once again a technician has come & did nothing. Last week I went to R&F to schedule a repair once again. While I was there I put a deposit on furniture for my summer home. In the meantime a technician once again came & they said they were unable to do anything nor fix or replace my bedroom set and couch. Needless to say I requested my deposit back & will never purchase anything from this company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

BED BUGS BEWARE. Several weeks ago, I reached out to Raymour & Flanigan Secaucus store and was connected to Director of communications regarding new furniture living room/bedroom purchase issue. I spoke with the director about what I experienced every time I sat on my new sofa. My skin would get itchy raised skin and welts in a matter of seconds. I thought it was the fabric of my new couch, however, I recently realized it was something more sinister.

This morning when I woke up I noticed 3 raised itchy irritated marks on my outer thigh. I remember reading about Bedbugs bites years ago and it suddenly dawned on me that I might have a bedbug infestation. I believe for sure it came from the new furniture I purchased from Raymour & Flanigan from the Secaucus store because I did not have this problem the 4 years I have been residing at my present address.

I immediately called a professional Bed bug exterminator today on Labor day. The owner of the company picked up the phone and asked me to send him a pic. The owner did in fact verified I had bed bugs bites on my leg. The owner then immediately sent out a licensed technician and treated my furniture/bedding essentially whole apartment. I am so distraught. Imagine giving away your old furniture from Raymour & Flanigan a company I trusted and then purchasing new furniture totaling $10,000, only to find out this furniture came with bedbugs which in turn caused me health issues along with another thousand dollars in exterminating fee. I am not rich.

As I went on Raymour & Flanigan Facebook and realized I am not the only customer who had this issue. Apparently, whatever warehouse they are using have bedbugs and need to be rectified. I am heavily considering taking this to social media and other outlets. Please be very careful if you buy from them. Btw, I am a very honest person. I would never write a review like this not unless I believed that bedbugs were in the recliners they brought to me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We went to the store on the advice of a relative. We met with Raymond. He took his time and I am very pleased with his professionalism. He showed us various mattresses and frames. He introduced us to the temperature regulating mattress protector, best thing ever! I don’t wake up drenched anymore. Purchased a queen Sealy mattress, and motorized frame, bed. They took the bed back because it was missing parts, and gave me a gift card for my inconvenience. The workers scratched my wall, they compensated me for that as well. My new bed will be arriving today. I am very pleased with the service overall.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

The salesman persuaded us to purchase an adjustable bed that we unsure of and led us to believe that we would have 45 days to return it. Well, the bed is terrible. We are still taking turns in our guest bedroom because the mattress is so much better (given to us). Then, we found out after about a month, that the adjustable frame is NEVER returnable, just the mattress. Turns out the mattress is defective. We demanded someone come to look at it because, for 2k, no one should get out of bed in pain. They came and after just a month, the bed is already sagging - only just by one inch, not an inch and a half which is what it needs to be for them to exchange it!

THEN when we thought it could not get worse, we got our first bill from TD bank (who knew that is who they did financing through, not us) - only, it was the 2nd bill, so it had a late fee. After many calls, they eventually took this off. They never sent the first bill. Now, that we have access to the TD Bank RF online site- there is no option to increase an auto pay. Of course, many people finance because they offer deferred interest. If you pay only the minimum, you will not get this. I will never buy anything from them again and I will certainly avoid TD Bank like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My wife and I bought a mattress ($3000) and they gave us a hard time with returning it. After a 15 minute conversation and with a nasty attitude they let us exchange it. Now we have a similar problem and now it's HELL. Will not take it back plus if you want them to take it you have to pay a 20% restocking fee ($600) NEVER PURCHASE A MATTRESS FROM HERE!!! Go to Mattress Firm (you can return mattress as many times within 120 days) or your other neighborhood retailer. This is 100% the truth. We bought this at the Poughkeepsie NY store.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Selections for dining rooms, home offices, and kids’ bedrooms, plus mattresses, home décor and rugs. Family owned and operated for more than 60 years.

• Delivery: Guaranteed 3-day delivery.

• Warranty: Mattress, furniture and Platinum coverage plans available.

• Returns: Items that are available only online are eligible for returns for no charge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs