2. Homeowners

New York, NY

3.2/5 (238 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I bought 2 reclining sofas at the cost of 3k and had them delivered in a Sat am, by Sunday afternoon I called to see if they can me exchanged as they were sooo uncomfortable, a big “no you cannot. We do not do this, you signed it when you signed the sales papers”. So 3k and I had it less than 30 hours and I am stuck with it. Should have gone to Cardi’s!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We purchased a dining room set and a futon. We scheduled our delivery date, but eventually needed to reschedule. We rescheduled for a later date. On the day of delivery we called to find out why we hadn't received a call to let us know what time they would be arriving. We were told they scheduled us for the following week. Since my husband had to take off work for this appt, and we planned to have family up for the first time to see our new house, a dining room table is pretty necessary. We are now having a large group of people up that are going to have to sit on the couch, floor, or stand, in order to have a multi-course dinner. They refunded us some money, but that really doesn't make it better considering our inconvenience this weekend, as well as having to take off a second day of work. I'm furious.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Very disappointed in this company. Actually I am shocked. Purchased a leather sectional. Total amount paid $3805.94. Ok on the day of delivery which was 7/15/2019 the delivery guy broke the rim to entrance of my glass sliding door then they delivered 2 damaged pieces. One had a big gash all the way down to the grain of the leather. The other part of the sofa had 2 indents on it. After countless amount of phone calls they said they would send out a contractor to fix the door. As of date my door is still broken. The damaged pieces they finally delivered it. Guess what? The part they gave me was also damaged and looked worn and had a rip in the leather.

Today I get a call telling me that the part is no longer in stock and I can keep this one for 150.00 off for pick out a new sectional. Really. Well I think I'll see you in court. This is ridiculous. 4000 spent and all I got was a broken glass sliding door and damaged pieces of sofa. I am going to take Raymour & Flanigan to small claim court. You have a hell of a nerve. The worse 4000.000 ever spent ruined my life.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I will just mention one episode in a series of miserable interactions with this seemingly upscale firm. I bought an expensive mattress which did not fit my needs. When I tried to exchange it I was told, correctly as it turned out, that I had waived my right to a waiver by initialing a statement after the purchase. No one had warned me. My recommendation is that if you must shop there you should bring your lawyer. Daniel Kahneman, author of "Thinking Fast and Slow"

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We purchased outside furniture from Raymour & Flanigan over 4000 dollars. When we unwrapped the cocktail table there were 3 white water spots. We contacted them right away and because we didn’t purchase the protection plan they wanted nothing to do with us. They stated it was from placing something hot on it. We never even used it. They have all the answers once they find out u didn’t purchase the plan. It wouldn’t have helped anyway since they said it wasn’t a defect. The delivery guys also shook us down for another 20 on their tip. Terrible customer and nasty people. No worries bad news travels fast.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On 7/24/19 I ordered a bedroom set at the store that was delivered on 7/30/19. I also ordered a queen size mattress with Freestyle Adjustable Base. When this was assembled the bed is almost 3 ft. from the ground. I am 69 years old and am not capable of climbing in and out of this bed. On Raymour and Flanigan's own site there is a question asking "Can this product be used with a storage bed and if so, will it adjust to fit any queen size bed? Carole ** on Nov 29, 2016 BEST ANSWER: "The Freestyle Queen Adjustable Base would not work with a storage bed. It will accommodate most queen size beds. For assistance on specific choices, please contact Online Sales at 866-383-4484, option 3." The above quotation was copied from Raymour and Flanigan's site which is proof that the salesman and store should have known not to sell this bed with this adjustable frame. I would have changed the bed and headboard so I could use the bed.

I called the 800 number that they gave and was told they could not do anything but to call the store and see if they can. Also told once I sign on the dotted line there is nothing they can do. The store refused to exchange the bed or offer any acceptable solution. This bed should not have been sold with this adjustable base. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I received a new dresser with a chunk of wood chipped out of the front. The dresser is black so the chipped off wood is extremely visible. I contacted Katie at Raymour and Flanigan and was told a technician would contact me with a window of time that they would arrive to come fix it. All 3 times I had the appointment scheduled no one contacted me, they just showed up at the house unexpected. Katie claims I was called but I was not. I asked if they could simply discount the item since I have had no resolution. She said she would not discount it and that it was my fault I didn't reach out to her to find out when the technician would be coming. So disappointed with the awful customer service!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

My husband and I went to Raymour and Flanigan Latham NY on Memorial Day weekend 2019 to shop for patio and sunroom furniture as we were building a deck and sunroom. We picked out sunroom furniture, patio dining and chat set with fire pit. We also purchased the premium protection plan. Total order $7,200. Salesman stated a deposit would hold the furniture until our construction was completed. We would just need to call and set up delivery.

A couple of weeks later we received a call that we needed to come in and pay for the sunroom furniture as it was discontinued. We went down and paid $1,700 paying it in full. The following week we were notified that the furniture was damaged. We left the payment on our account to be applied to the deck furniture. Our deck was completed and we called to set up delivery of our dining and chat set as we were having a bbq at our home for 40 people. We were then told that they had less than half of our order in stock!!! We were left without any furniture at all and it was very difficult to find replacement furnishings as by July a lot of places are sold out. Never received a phone call from Tim ** our salesman, no apology nothing!! To make matters worse we were told we had to wait 5-7 business days for our refund!! Will never do business with this store ever again. They never held the furniture.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My name is Vinay **. On Friends & Family day April 26th 2019 sale I purchased 4 Bedroom set and sofa worth over $10,000 from Raymour & Flanigan Furniture along with platinum protection plan from 1471 US Route 1 South, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902. Customer Code: **. Ticket Number: **. Around May 7th I received all of my furniture. While looking, I notice below issues and also notify delivery man that two of my bedroom furniture have following issues:

1) Somerset Furniture night stand bottom drawer wood is swallow (SKU – 515007195).
2) Queen Book case SKU-500422150 – Over heads light never turnoff (Part number TD101 – E493940).

3) Nightstand – SKU-515422157 – Missing Phone charging station.

Deliveryman notify his supervisor and he told me someone from Raymour and fix all this issue and he left. Since it was not promising, I called store and they said same thing that, "Someone will call you and schedule an appointment." Finally, after 10 days a guy came. He took pictures of Somerset Furniture night stand, bottom drawer wood is swallow and looked at other two issues. He made a report and said, "Someone will call you for replacement."

Since then no one has even bother to call. In fact I am calling every week too and I am hearing same story that "parts are here" and it is under inspection. Once of the customer service representative told me some time it takes over six months to get the parts from supplier. So, I told them, "Do you even realized that I got this furniture like this? It’s not my fault. Why can’t you replace? Why do I have to suffer?" She said, "We don’t offer replacement." After several attempt finally I called store two days ago 06/16 and lady who spoke to me said, "Someone will call you for sure and your issues will be resolved soon." It’s been over two days and I am still waiting for the call. I must say I have seen bad customer service but this is worst. It feels like once furniture is at customer’s home that’s it. They don’t care and I feel being cheated. This is not acceptable to me and I am also reporting these issues with BBB and NJ Consumer Affairs Division.

Original review: June 6, 2019

After 2 years, my $500 recliner's left arm/side just collapsed. I immediately called support as I bought the extended warranty. This what I was forced to write to them after the apology tour began...all apologies - ZERO ACTION. "It has been 48 hrs since your tech was here... 48 hrs since your last promise that your Management was reviewing a resolution. How many more 48 hours do you need??!! Don't bother with anymore useless apologies. Resolution is all I need." Update: So you try to call 2x today? No message? Why, because there's no action plan, no resolution?

Original review: June 6, 2019

In 2015, we purchased a dining room table and six chairs. During our visit, we were told that the Platinum Plan was superior. My husband and I were skeptical and the salesperson explained that if anything happens, water damage, spilled paint, even scratches were covered. Going as far as to say that there’s nothing they can’t and won’t repair or replace. So, we bought the coverage.

After only a month or so, my young daughter spilled some water and either didn’t realize it or failed to tell us and over the course of maybe an hour...it was discovered and I used paper towels to wipe it up. I felt a huge bubbled up spot. I was devastated and surprised because a well made table should not have bubbled like that. I called RF and was told that because I was late on my payment that I couldn’t file a claim. I certainly agree with that and the rep told me that I had until February of 2020 to make the claim.

Let me just say, my husband suffered a broken ankle on the job and suffered a loss at work for 8 weeks, so I fell behind a bit in my bills. It also didn’t help that he suffered a heart attack in the same year and so, I remained late on many of our obligations. I chatted a couple times with a Platinum Plan Rep on the RF website and each time, they’d tell me the same thing, that as soon as I got caught up I could make a claim and reiterated my February of 2020 deadline. I finally paid the furniture off. Made a claim. First, they did not call the correct cell number to set up appointment so the tech showed up today, unannounced. Spent maybe 2 minutes, and took a pic or two and said someone would call me with my options.

Not long after, I received a call (this time on the correct phone number) and message from Shawna who said that they will not cover the table due to it being what the tech says is accumulated overtime water damage. I called back to disagree and spoke with Linda. She said that when the tech gives them the pics, they’ll call me back. So, they haven’t even seen the pics and made a determination of coverage? This table was waaaay too expensive to have incurred such terrible damage in a short period of an hour. Also, the veneer is peeling at the edges of where the leaf is and we don’t take the leaf in and out, at all.

So, yes, the description was pretty when the plan was being pushed on us. Now that they have our money, the plan is pretty ugly. If you read the layout of what their plan covers, it covers my issue. I intend to take my voice to social media and forewarn the potential RF customers to think twice before purchasing the Platinum Plan. I will also be contacting an attorney.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been a customer for R&F for over 7 years and spent thousands of dollars there. We got a sectional for 2000$, and got Platinum protection plan, which of course promised “everything covered no matter what with one time replacement”. Well of course it’s not the case. I scheduled a service for stains and they refused to come to clean or replace the item as stains were too many to clean. Well it’s not mentioned anywhere in the policies and the manager told me customers have to fulfill their responsibility to protect furniture for policy to stay active. What a crook they are?? They just lost a customer for sure.... Besides that the sectional is extremely poor quality. Manager did not have any answers to my questions, canceled the appointment without letting us know till the day of the appointment when I called to find out everything above. Shame, shame, shame....

Original review: May 31, 2019

We spent mega bucks on a living room set and a patio set and were promised if we purchased the platinum insurance package, ANYTHING that happened to any of the pieces would be covered. Well, a tornado went through our yard and a felled tree broke the $400 glider. R&F said it is not covered! Had my husband lied and said a fat relative sat on it, that apparently it would have been covered. Will definitely look elsewhere for our furniture in the future.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a 3 piece living room set from Raymour & Flanigan in Jan 2019. I am an adult single female and I live alone with no pets so much to my surprise, the frame of my sofa snapped in May 2019. I purchased the Platinum Protection Plan so I felt I would be covered. A technician came out to my home with a 2 foot piece of plywood to reinforce an 8 foot long broken section of the frame. I thought they would at least replace the broken 8 foot board. I told the technician I did not want this “piece-mealed” repair. He explained he would have to “report me as refusing service”.

I didn’t refuse service, I just didn’t want this unacceptable repair. He said he would leave and someone from Customer Care would call me back. I called the store and asked to speak to someone about my options. I preferred replacement of the couch or come pick it up and give me my money back. I did not want a “quick fix” that voids my warranty. The sofa is only 4 month old!!! I have called the store and was told that this janky repair was my only option. I spent $1500 on a 3 piece living room set just 4 months ago and THIS is how I am treated? I will never shop here again, recommend this company to anyone and will sing my experience to ANYONE who will listen. Highly disappointed!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

We went to Raymour to purchase a Sofa and two Chairs and wound up adding a Tempur-pedic bed and adjustable frame. Let me start by saying the salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful from the very beginning and has always been supportive assisting us. My issue is with the management at the store. We paid over 12 thousand dollars in furniture purchased over friends and family to save some money. The mattress we were told was excluded from this sale and at full price which we agreed to (we were told they never go on sale). It came with one free pillow and we negotiated for another free one based on what we paid overall and they were gracious to extend it to us.

On the day of delivery there was no problem with the couches, but the bed delivered was a medium mattress and not the firm we ordered. They claimed it was the correct SKU but when we called the store the salesman assisted us and confirmed they sent the wrong mattress and they had no issue with making another delivery date to bring us the correct one while we kept the wrong one. (Apparently they had picked the incorrect mattress with the correct sku). The new mattress came the next day and all seemed fine, but we realized that the frame did not have the features we ordered (no bluetooth and no under bed light, in addition anti snore and zero gravity buttons did not work). Another call to the salesman and two days of putzing around with customer care and they ordered us a new frame to be delivered in a few days.

In the meantime the mattress went on sale for 300 dollars less than the... never goes on sale price. I called into the Customer care and everything has to funnel through the salesman, who graciously represented us to get them to honor their price protection agreement. At that point the mgt insisted I that because received a free pillow they felt it was a wash, to which I argued back and forth the pillow has nothing to do with them keeping their price guarantee policy. After three days of back and forth I told the salesman to take everything back if they can't honor their guarantee. The next call I received was that they would credit my account the difference. In the meantime the delivery men showed up with another mattress instead of a frame. I had them look at the frame in my room first and they agreed it was the correct SKU but not the correct frame.

Back on the phone with the salesman and mgmt where I was assured they were sending the correct frame in the next 2 days as it was coming from a distance. I asked them to make sure the features I paid for were on it and working. Delivery number 4 arrives and before they take it off the truck we check the frame. Same SKU that indicates it has those features but no features working. I had the delivery guys take it out of the box in my driveway and test it and they could not get the light to work or find the bluetooth or the features of anti-snore and zero gravity. The instructions showed a different bed than the SKU was as well. After much back and forth, they checked their stock and found other frames with this sku in the same condition.

They claim the manufacturer goofed and they have to go back and get a fix. In the meantime they asked us to wait as much as 3 months for a fix or we could choose to upgrade to another model for 300 dollars more. The other model has the same features but is a split king instead of a two piece head and foot king. I have been back and forth with Management and customer care. We said we would wait but I want to know why after all the money we spent and 4 failed deliveries they don't do the right thing and give me the other frame instead of inconveniencing us again. I think we went through enough.

Supposedly Management is discussing what they will do for a week days now while we wait to be inconvienenced yet again.. This is how Raymour treats its customers? Good paying customers at that. This is not only bait and switch tactics, but dishonest at its best. The salesman is great, but they won't be getting any more business from me or referrals. I will also be writing to the president of the company about this.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Good selections and excellent customer service are the main things I think of when I think of this store. Delivery is fast and efficient. Good selections of mattresses and removal of old mattress upon delivery.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased a bedroom furniture in 2012. I can not even touch any part of it because the paint falls off. I never had furniture like this before. I bought 2 furniture sets. They look like I've had them for 20 years. The bad part is I paid cash for both sets.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought bedroom furniture from Raymour & Flanigan 7 years ago. I purchased the Platinum Protection plan. Never put in a service claim until 3 weeks ago, which my protection plan was expired. They gave me a courtesy call. The gentleman came out to fix a drawer in my nightstand that would not open. He found a screw rolling around in the bottom of the stand. He said, "Here is your issue." He was able to get the drawer open, after working on it. I said I don't think the screw is the issue. He wasn't very friendly. He insisted that was the cause for my drawer not opening. He left.

I went to open the drawer last week and it would not open. Same issue. I called back to tell them that the screw was not the issue and now they want to charge me $75.00 plus tax. I said he didn't do his job correctly. She said if I would have called the next day maybe they would not charge me. It's a drawer I don't use often I said. I didn't know it wouldn't open until I tried it. They were unwilling to help me. I am very disgusted by their attitude. He didn't fix it correctly I said. Oh well, pay or deal with it. Really? What customer service. I would think twice about shopping at Raymour & Flanigan ever again. Thanks for reading this. Kim **.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Overall terrible experience. Needed to purchase an adjustable bed for my elderly mother on a rush basis as she just got out of hospital. Salesperson advised that headboard would fit (with a $60 kit) the adjustable bed frame. So we purchased it as well as a full lift chair ($2500 total purchase). Delivery scheduled for 3 days out from purchase. On the first delivery attempt they could not complete delivery and installation of bed because they did not have the right kit. So we refused delivery. Contacted store in Waterford, CT and advised. They could have cared less that my elderly mom would have to sleep in a chair for the next 3 days because they could not accommodate a next day delivery in lieu of their mistake.

On the second delivery date, we finally got a delivery person that spoke enough English to advise us that this headboard would not fit the adjustable frame regardless of the $60 kit. So frustrate. We simply asked for a refund and will go elsewhere. Terrible customer service, salespeople were not knowledgeable and delivery team was useless. Also, the head of the distribution center was rude and borderline incompetent. Overall terrible experience - would not recommend to anyone under any circumstances.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a living room set. Within month the loveseat and chair started to crack. That was exchanged then the sofa. I have been calling them to no avail. The customer service is not good. They say they will call back. Never do. My sofa has cracked also. I have submitted pictures as requested.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have had a bad back for years. My mattress caved in and was impossible to sleep on. I went to Raymour & Flanigan because I know a saleswoman there. I brought a friend with me and I tried several mattresses. It had to be a fairly firm mattress to accommodate my back. I tried several and settled on a Beauty Rest. I did not purchase one of their mattress covers because I had one (If you purchase their mattress it gives you a 45 day option to return the bed) FYI.. Jordans Furniture and Mattress firm do not have any conditions re returns due to any dissatisfaction.

I thought, 'Who would ever return a bed" and my mattress cover was in perfect condition. They deliver the bed the next day. I immediately put on the mattress cover along with all my bed covers. I slept in the bed for a couple of nights, and I woke up feeling like I was 90 years old, I could barely walk. I called the saleswoman, stating how terrible this bed was, and she said it was probably a defective mattress, call the company. I called and a service person would be out in 2 weeks. I complained because I needed a decent bed. It did not help, I had to wait 2 weeks. So I made a bed out of quilts and comforters on the floor of my bedroom, I could not sleep on the mattress. Service guy comes out in 2 weeks, and states that the bed is fine. I got a call from the store stating that my bed was ok. I said, "It was not ok," and they told me I needed to talk with a manager.

To make this very long story short, I figured out, with the help of my friend who was with me, that the mattress that was delivered, was not the mattress I choose. I did not choose a mattress with a 4-5 inch pillow top. I did not choose a mattress that sunk in several inches when you sit on it. I can not have a soft bed due to my back. We went back to the store to find the mattress that I had chosen, and was told that all the mattresses had been removed and changed. The sale woman ignored me, the manager listened and rolled his eyes, obviously he did not believe me. He said he would call corporate and get back to me....and of course, he did not. When I thought I had found the mattress I choose, manager told me that that particular mattress was discontinued. Really???? Is that why I did not receive the mattress I chose?

Surely a mistake was made somewhere, and they delivered the wrong bed, but no one seemed to care. They kept stating that I did not buy a mattress cover from them, therefore, there was nothing they could do.... It's been 2 months and I am still sleeping on the floor. The mattress cost me $1000. All I want, is the mattress I choose. That's all. Can not believe a store would do this to me or anyone. Signed, Linda ** Waterford, Connecticut.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Terrible experience - Almost as if this is their 1st time in the business! What a joke this new store is at the RI Mall. We went in to purchase a mattress and adjustable base. While the sales associate was very nice, she clearly lacked appropriate training. When I asked about the warranty on the base, I was told "10 uh 20 years". Oh well, she wasn't trained properly. After making the purchase - a king mattress, adjustable base and pillow ($99 pillow on sale for $75), things didn't go well. We scheduled our delivery for a Sunday, received a call on the Friday night confirming a Saturday delivery. Had to remind them it was originally scheduled for the Sunday.

Delivery showed up late on the Sunday - delivery employees were nice, but sloppy. Marked up the staircase walls; thank God for Magic Erasers! Base was assembled and mattress was put on the base. Wait, what...no remote??? Delivery person said not to worry, remote would be dropped off later that day. Guess what - remote never delivered. We called the store on Monday and reported that we needed a remote. We were told that the store would contact the delivery folks/other store and have one out to us. We never received that remote... Called the store the following week and complained.

In the meantime, we received our invoice and see that we were charged full price for the pillow. Store customer care person said to come to the store, they would fix the bill and also give us a new remote. When I arrived, I was greeted nicely, and the customer care folks fixed the bill. One of the managers brought me out a used remote to keep. I asked if it was a new remote, he said it was "almost new". I explained that I wanted a new remote and that I had paid for a new remote. He said when the replacement remote arrives, I could come get that one and give the used one back. This was 2 weeks ago - still waiting on a call. Hopefully they didn't sneak me an almost new mattress! Oh well, we gave them a shot in their new store. Intimately, the experience was very disappointing. I would recommend going elsewhere for furniture - they've lost me as a repeat customer.

** Update as of 3/25/19 - received our bill in the mail. Pillow is still being charged at $99 - had to call and complain again. Received a call this AM letting me know that it has been corrected. Will believe it when I see it, I was told the same thing last month as well. ** Update as of 3/27/19 - Store called and gave me a new remote. Promised the pillow sales price would be adjusted next bill.

** Side note - On 3/21, I received an email from R&F - "Hi Jim. We're very sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your remote and your bill and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We'd be happy to get you in touch with a manager to talk about this further with you. Feel free to email us at rfcare@raymourflanigan.com with your purchase information. Thank you." STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE - Joke's on me!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

Raymour & Flanigan is the worst place to buy furniture from. I purchased a couch for $1,000 in 2018 - when I received it the padding on the arms of the couch was very thin. I called them to come and correct the problem - when their serviceman got here he told me "couches are made of wood - feeling the wood is perfectly normal" - they did nothing. Now the material to cover the wood has peeling which is not covered under the Platinum Protection Plan. However If I spill coffee on the material they will replace it. NEVER BUY FROM RAYMOUR & FLANIGAN.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I rented an adjustable bed and a queen size mattress from Raymour & Flanigan. After a couple of months I felt very uncomfortable. It felt like something popped. I thought it was just in my mind but as I slept on it I kept but how do you say in the middle of the bed I kept switching it around. It always stays on one side. You can't flip it on the other side. I have seriously arthritis all through my body, my neck, my shoulders, my back, both hips, knees, in my hand and I told them so they sent out and Chester I guess that's what they call it with a metal light stick. He laid it across my bed and made a determination. Like that I paid over $1,500 just want to be treated this way and now I have to put a pillow in the middle of that hole so I don't fall in because I can't get out in the morning. I cry every day and every night and they told me to call back and 6 months.

How do they expect me to sleep on that bed any longer and how could that one piece of metal determine the way I slept at night. I felt I was treated wrongfully for all the money for all the money I so every night I'm scared to go to bed because I'm going to fall in that hole and I'm going to be in excruciating pain. I need someone to help me. Please I am on disability. I really couldn't afford that mattress but I should have never been treated this way. I despise the way I was treated. I would never recommend this store to anyone and until they fix this problem I will never shut my mouth and soon I will get a lawyer because no one deserves to sleep like bit yours truly about money.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I would give them 0 stars if possible. The salesman (Tom) in the King of Prussia store said that they had a special payment offer that we could pay in full in 45 days with no interest. We received a Raymour & Flanigan credit card that we had not requested and then a billing on the credit card with a payment due 33 days after the purchase and an interest rate of 29.99%. After getting no help from the credit card "customer service", I went back to the store. The store manager said "It is only 12 days early, what are you complaining about?" I told him that it was not what I was told and he said that I should just pay the full amount by the due date.

Since it was less than 30 days following the purchase, I said that I wanted to return everything as the salesman stated I could do. The manager then told me that I could not return the adjustable base and he could only give me a store credit for the mattress that I could use on a different mattress. Once again, not what my wife and I were told at the time of the purchase. They apparently will tell you any number of lies to get you to purchase their products and give you a hard time and no attempt to try to work with you afterwards to even come close to honoring the statements made at time of sale. Don't even go into one of their stores.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Don't go there. Shop around and if have to pay for better quality... I bought a accent chair from them and now waiting for a furniture tech to come see it. The salesperson never informed me that they had a no refund policy... That would be the first alarm going off. They do not stand by their products... Very dissatisfied with them.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Product and store really zero stars just had to rate one to submit review! I purchased a bed $810.30 from Raymour & Flanigan 2/24/2019, Tara the salesperson failed to mention that if the expensive waterproof cover was not purchased then the bed could not be returned or covered by the 45 day guarantee. The store pulled, tagged and delivered the wrong bed with my name on it. After the delivery I found some additional alarming tags, a bright orange tag labeled HOT!!! And a small blue tag with another customers name on it, the bed was the wrong size as well. I called immediately and sent photos to a someone at the store of the bed (still wrapped) and set up a time for the next day for an exchange.

The next few days with delivery were horrifying, the delivery people kept coming to my house way outside of the delivery window and even though I spoke with them prior to coming they would still come too early and left with not call me back. I contacted the store every day and never received callback. At one point I called and spoke to Daniel who told me there was nothing he could do for me, and that I am not there during the delivery time frame and they even offered to wait 45 minutes, which is a lie (I have recorded phone call of a driver coming too early). Daniel not only told me there was nothing he could do for me but that he could not cancel my order per my request at that point, because the bed had been delivered. (They still had not delivered my bed. They delivered the wrong product.) And Daniel hung up on me.

I called corporate and reported the experience, I spoke to April a manager the next day who denied my request to cancel my order because the bed is delivered (they still had not delivered my new purchased bed or picked up the wrong one). Eventually days later I received an exchange and the bed I received is hard as concrete, not at all like the showrooms we tried. I have called the store and corporate several times even crying once because I have had a migraine and body hurts every day from the bed so my daughter and I do not sleep on it anymore. No word from corporate.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We bought an expensive leather sofa (we saw one the same day at Macy's, we should have bought instead), from Raymour. Within 5 months the one cushion was going flat and the leather was buckling. I called the store (Exton, PA) and they told me they were sending the technician to re-stuff the cushion! I said that's all well and good since we are still in the warranty timeframe, but what if it happens again? They said you will have to pay for the service!! The guy comes and unzips the cushion and literally just stuffs it with fiber-fil! The kicker... He stuffed it more than the other one! I told customer service that this was ridiculous for such an expensive sofa and the woman argued with me. So much for the customer is always right! She didn't seem surprised that the furniture was sub-par. Bottom line, we are stuck with this defective, cheaply made sofa. We will never shop there again!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Purchased headboard, frame and a Stearns and Foster mattress. Got the platinum plan on both items. Less than one week after delivery the rail of the bed frame split. Contacted them immediately and sent in required photos to show damage. Response from them was suppose to be 72 hours. That did not happen. Contacted them and for some reason the representative could not comprehend the reason for the complaint. I hung up and someone did call back and once again explained the dire situation of the possibility of frame collapsing with two senior citizens in the bed. Said to give her to the end of day (Friday) and she would contact me Saturday. That did not happen.

Called again today Monday, March 4th and once again explained the situation. Representative said person who contacted me was not in but referred to another rep who would review photos. No one has returned calls! I have purchased many items from Raymour in the past - no problems with furniture nor with the platinum plan for repairs. I am so disgusted and I need some help from a SUPERVISOR!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

In May 2018 my husband and I purchased all of our furniture for our new home through Raymour & Flanigan. 9 months later, our dining room set's finish began to wear off. As this furniture was not cheap, we were very disappointed and are anticipating the other chairs and our matching server to soon have the same issue. As it was under warranty, we called to have the furniture exchanged. Upon reading recent reviews of the same dining set, there were several other customers with the same issue.

We were told that we could only exchange the table and not the chairs or server because there was not yet damage, and if we were to exchange the server we would have to pay $97 to re-stock it, and if they took the chairs they would use our platinum protection plan, even though the issue is a defect in their finish and not something on our part. We needed a day to think of our options and ended up decided to just exchange the table for the same one. After playing phone tag for about a week, we were then told that the table was no longer available as it was no longer being produced. So what I gather is R&F clearly knows this piece has a defect and should be recalled but will not admit that to the customers.

Beyond that, after speaking with MANY different customer care representatives (who all had different stories) we were told there were still 17 tables in the warehouse. I left work early to be home for the delivery and when they came they only brought the top of the table and attached it to my damaged base! This was on Sunday, and when I called customer service they were confused as to what happened and said they would call back.

Well, I called today and now the manager is trying to say I NEVER told them the base was damaged, even though a tech was here who took pics and I had emailed some as well. Oh, and the manager tried to argue with me saying that what I was saying was not true throughout the entire phone call. Also, We were referred back to the "Randolph customer care" each time we called (over 5x) who NEVER answers - it's literally a merry-go-round circus. I guess the customer ISN'T always right at Raymour & Flanigan. Next time, I will purchase quality furniture from a company who cares about customer satisfaction.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information