New York, NY

3.8/5 (361 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I strongly wouldn't recommend buying from Oakhurst R&F. Lissa S-G the immediately sales associate deceived me. I told her I specifically wanted a wall hugger recliner. She sold me a chair that's not a wall hugger. It is not functional in my apt when I use my wheelchair. Lissa sold me the expensive protection plan & assured me if there were any problems, it would be taken care of. Another misleading statement. The chair makes noise & doesn't open smoothly. I called customer care immediately to report the issues. I was told "Too Bad. Once I take possession of it, it's mine".

Be sure to inspect any delivery thoroughly as R&F does not accept returns even if it's defective. The color of the chair is different than the one in the store and website. They didn't want to deliver within the 3 day guarantee either. I find R&F to be unethical, unscrupulous, unprofessional. Don't make the same mistakes I did by buying anything from R&F. All other furniture stores don't charge for shipping, they have a return policy for defective merchandise, treat you like a valued customer. Not R&F, especially Lissa S-G in the Oakhurst location.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

We purchased a new mattress and adjustable bed frame exactly two years ago. Since then it has been a horror story. The bed frame was replaced within 48 hours of installation, then at 11 months and again at 23 months post purchase the control box on the bed frame failed. Now 7 days since the last control box was replaced it has failed again. R&F service response time is averaging 3+ days just to get back to us and even then keeps pushing it off on the manufacturer, despite us having purchased a Platinum Service contract (which is not a service contract). Now we have a non-functioning bed frame, needing yet another control box and my options are:

a. Replace the box again and pray.
b. Replace the adjustable base with the same vendor/model and pray.

c. Spend even more money with R&F in the hope that the next model up the chain or a different vendor's model is better.

Oh and PS: if we choose option b or c, the Platinum Contract ceases to exist at that point. Should have stayed with Mattress Firm. Lesson learned. We will never do business with Raymour and Flanigan again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

My wife and I were extremely impressed with the services of our salesperson, Erik **. Mr. ** showed great patience, knowledge and kindness in helping us make a mattress selection. His assistance in dealing with my disability was so much appreciated. I highly recommend him to anyone who shops at Raymour and Flanigan. The entire staff was also very helpful.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Be careful with their deceptive warranties, I thought Raymour & Flanigan was a different type of furniture store but they are just the same. Stay away from this brand of a store and at all cost stay away from getting a WARRANTY! They will backpedal and not honor their warranties.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving to me, bought this custom sectional with platinum protection and get a nice holiday call, they don’t stand behind their work and I can deal with it. Save your money find a better company to buy from. Happy Thanksgiving.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I’m highly disappointed in this product. For the price it is not worth it! I had it just shy of a year and the parts that hold the mattress started breaking. Eventually, the mattress sunk in and broke completely. Since I didn’t purchase the warranty (didn’t think I had to) I was not covered nor given a discount. What quality bed breaks that fast?! I’m one person… no reason except bad material. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I purchased a love seat and a recliner from Raymour and Flanigan just over 6 mo ago. The recliner was a floor model. It broke within 6 mo of getting it. The metal in the chair just snapped. I called R&F but they gave me the run around because it was a floor model and I took my chances. I finally paid to have someone come out to look at it who said he had never seen any chair break like that before and it was a defect and unrepairable. Someone called me from R&F and said that they would give me a credit for the chair. I only had it 6 mo! It should have lasted longer than that and It was not cheap! She said they would email it to me but I only had 14 days to redeem it. I was ok with that. I never received it. Not in email or regular mail. I have called the company so many times and no one returns my calls. I am so disgusted with this company. Will never buy from them again and will make sure others know you can't trust their furniture or their word.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

DO NOT PURCHASE EVEN INSURANCE! - Broken bed and Raymour & Flanigan is non-responsive. Bought a bed set which was delivered on June 29, 2021. Right after a week of the bed being delivered, the bed starting creaking and falling apart. Even if one sat on the bed, the bed would creek. It was so uncomfortable sleeping on the bed. The service technician came to look at the bed (the appointment was not given for 3 weeks) and the technician just drilled the wood again and left. The technician said that there is nothing else he could do.

Another week in, the bed starting creaking again. We did another inspection and learned the wooden frame is actually broken towards the bottom of the bed. The store is telling us that there is nothing they can do besides having another technician come out. Again, the appointment is not available for another 3 weeks according to the customer care unit. We tried reaching out to the service unit for an expedite but no one picks up the phone and neither they return calls/messages. Here we are with a broken bed that we have had for about 3 months. We even purchased insurance which has been worthless. Do yourself a favor and get a bed set from somewhere else. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I would like to say that Raymour and Flanigan went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations. We are pleased and happy with the professionalism of everyone involved from the salesperson to the delivery driver and at check out. They were very courteous and respectful. I think that everyone should have a painless experience such as the one that I had. People would have great furniture and taste if they were to shop at Raymour and Flanigan.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2021

Though we lost nearly $300 on it, they replaced the mattresses. I'm fine with the outcome. Manager at Broadway location was very helpful (Dominick).

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Serta Mattress was rarely used. There is a significant soft spot in the Mattress which makes it difficult to sleep on. After cancelling our scheduled appointment to have one of their representatives check it out, the Raymour & Flanigan person stopped by to inspect. While visiting, he indicated that the mattress looked defective...he took photos and left. Two days later I called their service department and the person I spoke to indicated that it did not meet their definition of defective.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Bought a mattress, which failed. I was then upsold on a new one because the old one no longer existed, which also failed. They know what to upsell another one because the old one no longer exists again. If I bought a car with an engine guarantee and it died within that guarantee, they would not replace it with an older one or upcharge me...They would replace for the guarantee... The will only issue a store credit, which is useless, as I will never step foot into another Raymour and Flanigan or upsell me on a new one. The only acceptable thing would be to replace the mattress for free or issue a full cash refund.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I purchased a sleeper sofa and I had technicians come out to my house two times. I bought the platinum protection plan under the falsehood that if anything happened with the sleeper sofa the protection plan would cover it! When I or anyone sits on the couch we sink into it. It’s embarrassing to say the least. The first technician wrote in his report that the mattress base was squeaking. The second tech came yesterday and stuffed the cushions which I was told it was a courtesy call, and if I wanted the issue taken care of it would cost me. As I understand the base where the cushions sit would be part of the Base Mechanism or Sleeper Mechanism. Dissatisfied and disappointed customer, Catherine **.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Everyone at the E. Hanover store was great, bought 2 chairs for my wife who just had knee replacement, set up delivery. Took day off from for delivery which was scheduled for 10-2, 6:30 pm notified delivery is cancelled but will happen next day 10-2, take off another day, 4:30 pm notified delivery is cancelled, promised delivery on Saturday 8-10, 12:30 notified truck broke down. Delivery cancelled. We must have made 30 phone calls to customer service and store manager, customer service did not care at all about issue, store manager could not get any info from delivery dept at all. I had to drive 25 miles to Randolph to pick up the chairs myself, where I found out they were never on a truck at all. Go to any other store but R&F.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Have more 2 yrs fighting with Raymour sofa company. This company sold me defective sofas and I have been fighting for more than 2 yrs to give me my money back and I’m in collections. I need to know what I should do get this issue resolved.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

My wife and I went to the location on Jamaica ave. Prior to ordering our furniture we specifically explained that we were moving out of state and it was important that we got this right the 1st time. We were promise the world but once they get your business that's it!!!! My wife and I ordered over $20,000 worth of furniture. The floor staff is nice but either lack transparency or their system is broken. We were promised all our furniture as they told us they were all available. Once we paid our money and set our pickup date (we hired a moving company to pick up from their main hub) a week in advance of our out of state move, when they truck arrived for the items we were told 5 items are not available (after they had confirmed prior that everything was available), and no one informed us of this until we were there with the moving truck.

There was just a lot of finger pointer amongst themselves which was very frustrating because the moving company we hired would be leaving that evening to take our stuff to Atlanta. We were ensure that they would ship the remaining items to us within a week, which was not true (2 1/2 weeks later we are still getting excuses as to why we are yet to receive the furniture that we paid for). Last we heard they inadvertently inputted the wrong address (Again another lie because they had called us and read the address they had on file to be delivered to).

After our moving truck arrived (the moving truck we contracted), they were unloading the items and we then realized that our mattress was missing as well from the order that we paid for, again a failure to communicate and lack of transparency. All we kept getting were apologies for a very broken system. We ordered 2 bedroom sets, a dining room table, a 5 piece sectional, center table, breakfast table and a server. This order was placed on July 19th and as of today 8/13 we are still waiting on our items as we were told it might be another 2 weeks!!!! For an established company they lack transparency and they have a very broken system. We are so stressed out because of this and no one can ever provide answers when we call.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

We bought the Acorn Hill bedroom set back in 2019. It's poorly designed. 2 of the slats that hold the box spring & mattress broke. Make sure you get the extended warranty! The R&F repairman said it happens often. He added an extra slat. So now it has 4 slats plus sturdy support legs for each one.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

04/08/2021 made the bad decisions to purchase a sofa and chair from Raymour & Flanigan of Millbury, MA. As I write this it is 08/06/2021, I see no end in sight of the constant issues arising from that decision. On 05/11/2021 the sofa was delivered. During June and July the chair was delivered three times. First time the front left leg was damaged. The 2nd time the front left leg was still damaged plus a piece of the wood was missing. Finally, the third delivery was fine. Today I noticed the middle cushion of sofa is ripping near the stitching. I have to now wait until September 15th for someone to call me from the service department to set up an appointment to assess the issue!! I feel as though this is a never ending nightmare!

Original review: July 31, 2021

Salesman MD ** sold me $5000 worth of furniture - said if Something did not fit they would exchange. When this happened they then said they could not exchange. They LIED and now will not help me. Bad.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I purchased a reclining sofa and recliner in Nov 2020. After 8 months it is almost impossible to sit in the sofa due to the hardness of the seat and the pain I experience. I had knee surgery in Mar 2021 and even after 4 months it is physically painful to sit on the sofa because my legs are higher than my butt when the seat is reclined which puts pressure on the quad muscle in my leg and causes it to ache. I had purchased the 5 year product protection plan so a tech was sent out to examine the sofa.

After sitting on the sofa he said he thought the seat had been stuffed with two different grades of foam which is why it hurt to sit on it but I find that excuse ridiculous. No manufacturer would so such a thing and considering it wasn't like that when it was delivered I don't believe him. Due to the national foam shortage it will be 8-12 months before this can be fixed so I am now forced to buy another sofa from another store. If you are considering buying from this seller be aware that you may not be getting a quality piece of furniture.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I placed an order with the Raymour and Flanigan in Garden City. Upon receiving my order after months of waiting, the night stand and headboard came in damaged. I immediately called and told the service department about the damages. After going back and forth, I submitted photos. I was told they would put in a request to replace the nightstand and headboard.

After waiting a couple of months I was notified that a replacement nightstand would be delivered. When I questioned about the headboard I was told I had to call back that they did not handle that. I followed up only to be told that my headboard replacement had been canceled. The person I was speaking with could not tell me why or what happened. I had to call again to a different department to be told that the replacement was canceled due to the manufacturer no longer making the head board. I was completely shocked and caught off guard. I have dealt with them before and never had such bad customer service. Now they want me to exchange the headboard but nothing else matches the rest of the other furniture I purchased as a set. I am so upset and can not find another set to replace the existing one. And to add insult to injury they are still selling the headboard online. I don't know why they can't just exchange the headboard.

Now I have to go through this whole purchasing process all over again. And now after my son already picked it out now I have to explain why the whole set needs to be changed. Extremely dissatisfied with how the customer service department handle this issue. If I never called to follow up they were just going to cancel the replacement and never tell me anything. Not how I want to do business with a company.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I would not go back to this company again. I bought a sofa and love seat combo. It stated that the love seat was on backorder for 2 days after my purchase so I thought I was going to get the set together because my delivery was set for a week after the fact. The day of delivery I found out only my couch came and I had already at that point the day before sold my other couch and love seat to make the space for both these pieces. They brought the recliner sofa in 2 pieces and put it together in my living room. The guys did not clip it together properly and one recliner seat started separating from the couch. I called customer service and they were fixing that for me because now it is a broken latch.

Every week I keep getting an email stating that my sofa would come and when that day arrives it's pushed back another week. I am now going 3 weeks and I only bought this set for a party I was having for my baby daughter's 1st birthday and will have tons of guest now and I have 1 broken couch in my living room. I called the manager and asked if they can do something about this because I do not want just a couch in my living room, I have tons of guest coming with no seating. She said she can do nothing about it. This was the worst experience. Had I known that the set was not coming I would have asked for them to keep the set until it came to me as a set so at least I could have kept my couches until then.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Won’t deal with Raymour again! I brought a dining room set about 4 years and purchased the extra insurance that lasts up to 5 years. The leather began cracking around the 2 1/2 to 3 year mark. I finally called them for repair. The customer service was ok, the technician did what he was supposed to do when he repaired the chairs. But now the bottom part of the leather that he repaired (looks new) does not match the top part of the leather (looks old) so for that I am unhappy. FYI I purchased a living room set from Bob’s around the same time I purchased the dining set from Raymour. (Also purchased insurance) I Had the same problem and Bob’s offered a whole new living room set up to the cost of my old set. All in all, I will go with Bob’s for all my furniture needs as they just don’t repair to make furniture look mix match, but they replace.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We purchased an expensive power leather reclining sofa and chair. In less than three months, the color of the leather wore off where your head goes on both pieces. Service came out and spray painted the leather with shiny paint, and the leather wasn’t shiny. Looks HORRIBLE. Now the paint is wearing off too. We went to the store and were told we had to go through service. Now they want to come and paint them again. They said there’s nothing they can do about our oily heads on the leather!! Are you kidding me!! We have had leather furniture for over 30 years, and NEVER had this problem.

Raymour and Flanigan has the absolute WORST customer service I have EVER encountered. They have no intention of ever making things right. This company should not be allowed to keep stealing people’s hard earned money!! A business is only as good as their customer service, and this store is the absolute WORST OF THE WORST!! Save yourself endless amounts of frustration and aggravation and take my word for it, DON’T SHOP HERE!!!! Should be allowed to give zero stars, because they don’t deserve any!!

Original review: April 7, 2021

I bought an extended warranty and was denied to have furniture fixed or exchanged. I took pictures. I contacted Raymour & Flanigan since 9/20. E-mailed back and forth without no avail. I even had someone come to the house and see the damage. The leather started to come off. I have many pictures to show how it started to disintegrate....

Original review: March 31, 2021

In short, my furniture was to arrive yesterday. I took the day off, reserved an elevator, boarded the dog, I had received two confirmation phone calls with all of my information. I didn't receive the furniture and after 24 hrs. no credit has been issued nor can I get anyone to get back to me.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I purchased this table from them from their store in Yonkers. I paid for this table, and the sales person made me to sign the delivery paper right after I paid. But when this table was delivered, it was either used or return not properly packed in original package. And when I told the delivery guys they were about to fight with me and they said that these are design marks. The delivery guys were very aggressive. But because I had already signed the delivery paper when I purchase the table. They assembled the table, and left. I will not recommend this company at all. But if you purchase anything from them do not sign any paper if the item has to be delivered to your home. This company is not trustworthy. To me they are thieves.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I had a great experience in-store with the salesperson, but I am so bothered by the fact that R&F markets and pushes "free next day delivery" on their mattresses when I bought my mattress 4 days ago and it has yet to arrive. At the store we were told it was going to arrive tomorrow, as we were finalizing the purchase, an employee told us it will actually be 2 days as the mattress is in another state, that wasn't a problem (when in reality, the salesperson should have double-checked this before pushing free next delivery on us incessantly).

Then 2 days passed, we got a phone call that it was going to be another day because the mattress got damaged during shipment. Another day passed, we got an email confirmation that it was going to be arriving that morning, 1.5 hours later we get a phone call that the mattress was going to be delayed ANOTHER day due to damage again. I feel bad for the salespeople and delivery people that work for this company that makes false promises. If the expectation was set from the beginning that the delivery would take 3-5 days, I would have no issue. Stop marketing that you have free next day delivery on mattresses when your company is clearly prone to delivery damages.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I went pregnant to buy a sofa, and they told me one month to wait. It seemed long but I accepted and made the purchase. Is 4 months now and still haven’t get any sofa and they are telling me to wait one month more. When you purchase something you agree to the delivery and accept some delays. But 4 months is crazy to accept being with no living room because of their lies. Location 275 glen cove rd. Carle place, salesman **.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I can’t even begin to explain the debacle from trying to get at a service rep to my house. They went to the wrong address and never called me and left me waiting for hours. They don’t answer the phone!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

They will tell you that you will receive it in a few weeks, beating every other furniture store around. Well the Date will come and go and the next one they give you will come and go and so on. I was told the middle of January then beginning of February then the end of February now I'm told the 2nd week of March. Which is what other furniture stores were estimating. Do yourself a favor and go with the honest stores!!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information