2. Homeowners

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture

3.9/5 (786 ratings)

About Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Martha Stewart Living?

Original review: March 18, 2014

We purchased a beautiful, sturdy, comfortable, metal outdoor 6-person dining set in spring of 2011. It has been stored indoors for 6 months a year and under covered patio for other 6 months. This winter season in Florida, it was out in outdoor weather for only 3 months and rusted and paint finish has cracked off in places water does not even collect. Sent complaint to Martha Stewart then sent photos to Home Depot. They are referring me to 3rd party manufacturer and are not taking any responsibility for bad craftsmanship and say manufacturer warranty will not cover rust. I would not expect this kind of rust/paint finish damage in such a short time, shouldn't an "outdoor" set last for more than 3 years?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2014

I purchased 2 sets of outside furniture including 2 glass tables with turn tables, 8 chairs, 2 love seats, 4 lounges. One of the tables exploded. Still have other table, but will not keep it now since I know it might explode also. Very angry at Kmart and Martha Stewart for making me think it was my fault it broke and didn't tell me the danger of the other one possibly exploding also.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2013

I purchased $2300 worth of Miramar II patio furniture... seven piece dining set, 4 piece seating area, 2 chaise lounges, and an umbrella. Within a couple of months, all cushions began to fade from the rich light brown color to a bleached out beige. Wherever there was a decorative pillow hiding the fabric, the cushions stayed the original color. After six months, the chaise lounge cushions developed tears in them. This summer, after only one year of use, the set looked and felt worn, faded and sticky from the elements. I contacted MarthaStewartLiving.com and sent detailed pictures. They referred me back to Home Depot, where I purchased the furniture online.

My local Home Depot has promised me they will replace ALL my cushions next March or April, when they begin to stock patio furniture. Since my set is discontinued, I fear I will be unable to find cushions for EVERYTHING that will fit properly and be uniform. I cannot understand how a company can use fabric that cannot tolerate the elements for outdoor furniture. And I am surprised that Home Depot would continue to carry this brand, knowing the problems it has.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2013

My Martha Stewart patio glass table furniture that my deceased husband bought me a few months before he passed away suddenly shattered in pieces. It was 5 am when I heard that noise. Didn't know where it was coming from. My neighbor's dog was barking non stop. At first I thought someone was trying to break in. I turn the patio lights on, looked through the blinds...nothing. Looked all over the house, everything was untouched. I took a second look outside since the dog will not stop barking and at my big surprise there were shattered pieces of glass all over the patio. I have pix to prove it. Martha Stewart, our $ are hard-earned. Now I don't have furniture on my patio.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2013

I purchased my set from Kmart in 2011. I got it on sale for $500. I put the chairs together 2012 and put them outside in the backyard. I did not put the cushions out. I left the table in the box until the spring of 2013 when my brother help me put it together. It is now in my backyard and I went on the website to see how I should store it for the winter, and now I see all of these complaints. I brought my umbrella from Home Depot because the one that came with the set was not sturdy at all, and not worth the $99.00. I love my lazy Susan but I am afraid that my table will go at any time. I want to take it in my basement for the winter but do not want an explosion in my home. I am disabled and this would be a hardship for me. Does anyone know anything about that class action lawsuit? I think we are giving up too easy. The product is defective. It's just a matter of time. Everyone cannot be wrong. I'm going to take it in from the cold and if something happens to my table which I love, look out because I'm relentless.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2013

Our outside Martha Stewart table had the glass shatter / explode this morning, for no reason. While in the house, I heard a terrible crash and thought there was a car accident outside. I looked and saw nothing. I was then in the kitchen and looked onto the back porch to see the glass in our outside table shattered. Thankfully, no one was injured but the glass was everywhere. I then looked online to see this has been an ongoing problem but there was never a recall.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2013

Within a couple of weeks of receiving my Martha Stewart patio furniture, our first chair broke at the base. Home Depot would not help with replacing or repairing the broken base. We took the base to a welder who welded the break. Since this happened, we now have had 2 more chairs break at the same location on the base. Just last week, one chair broke again and is now totally ruined. It cannot be fixed and I can't get in touch with anyone to get a replacement base.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2013

Our table is more than 10 years old, and handed down to me from my Mom when she downsized to a smaller apartment. We've all loved the set and have enjoyed many nice outdoor meals on it. I just received a call from my Mom letting me know that our glass top table was shattered into thousands of pieces. I asked if there was a branch or something around that could have smashed it, and she couldn't find anything. I started to do some research on replacing the glass, and like so many others, found this site.

The lazy Susan appears to be completely intact. Now I can look forward to a long cleanup tonight. (Of course, the night before the first day of the new school year). I'm just glad that my kids weren't around when it happened. I'd feel awful if my 18 month old or 6 year old got hurt from it! I hope this at least adds to the need for them to pull these products from the market and warn consumers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2013

Yesterday my glass table exploded! I've never seen anything like this in my life. It's in a covered patio area. I heard a crack like sound and big boom. Glass was all over in a million pieces. The glass was popping on the ground like popcorn. I don't know if there is a recall on this product. I bought it at Kmart in 2002. No one seems to want to help with this situation.

Original review: July 27, 2013

Add yet another person to the list of exploding table tops. Luckily, I wasn't home when this happened. I arrived at my apartment this morning to see my kitchen floor covered in broken glass. At first, I thought somebody had broken into my apartment, but nothing appeared to be stolen. I rented a shop vac and cleaned up all the glass I possibly could in a little over an hour. There are really tiny shards left in kitchen, but I was able to get the majority of it cleaned up. If you see one of these on Craigslist... IT'S A TRAP!!! If you own one of these, THROW THEM OUT NOW! Worst table ever.

Original review: July 25, 2013

I was astonished to find so many complaints regarding the Martha Stewart patio set I purchased less than 2 years ago. I carefully cover my set to protect it; still the metal has faded and rusted in spots. The cushions look faded and dirty due to the elements and can not be cleaned properly. But the most incredible problem is the glass tabletop. The glass simply shattered. There are thousands of fragments everywhere. It took days to clean the pieces from my deck and patio. I literally had to clean between the wooden deck planks with a metal scraper to gather the pieces fearful a child or animal might get hurt. Why would this glass shatter so suddenly? I went on line to try and replace it only to find complaint after complaint about a similar incident. I will never purchase another Martha Stewart product again. For the record the product is Martha Stewart Living Mallorca 7-Piece Patio Dining Set. This is disgraceful!

Original review: July 20, 2013

Add me to the list of people who've had the experience of Martha Stewart's glass tabletop for patio furniture shatter and break. We heard a loud crash, ran outside, and found the glass shattered. Since so many people have had the same experience, I'm guessing there's no replacement. There really should be a warning attached.

Original review: July 17, 2013

Swivel chair support failure from defective welds - While sitting on our outdoor screened patio as we regularly do, I suddenly fell backwards, hitting my head while braking through both corner screens. I have two concerns; should I replace just one chair or be concerned a guest might experience the same terrifying thing I did. Please advise.

Original review: July 15, 2013

I was in the house one summer day and heard a loud explosive sound and crash in my backyard area. I went out to see what it was and saw a zillion pieces of glass under my patio table that was use to be my glass top.

Original review: July 11, 2013

I was inside my home when I heard what was thought to be a loud gunshot. I ran to the window and saw our umbrella had somehow fallen out of the Martha Stewart table and was lying on the deck beside it. But what was more startling was that the table top had exploded all over our deck! The odd thing was that there was no storm and there was but a gentle breeze blowing. I couldn't understand the circumstance. Usually, if the winds are coming up, we are alerted by our weather radio, and we can easily see out our patio windows, as well.

We are so disappointed! We haven't even had this table for two months. Now we have an EMPTY table frame and four chairs... Seriously. It took my husband over an hour to hand-clean our deck! Can you figure out how our umbrella could fall over [out] of that square holder and bottom stabilizer - even opened? Unless the explosion was so forceful?!

Original review: July 5, 2013

My husband and I thought we were looking at some quality furniture while shopping for new patio furniture. When we gave the displays in our local Home Depot store some stress tests to see if the furniture would hold up, we thought for the price, it seemed fairly sturdy. This was for the new chaise lounges, a fire pit with four chairs and a dining set with 6 chairs. The fire pit was returned first. We waited weeks for it to be delivered and when it arrived, every single chair back had been broken. We then had to wait for three weeks for it to be picked up. Then we had to wait until it arrived at some warehouse in order to get credit for the return.

We ended up with two chaises and the dining set. Now for the worst part: Within a month of sitting outside and by this time the end of the summer, the cushions had fallen apart and faded to a gray color. They were bright of age when they arrived!!!! I will never buy patio furniture from Home Depot again. We now have to spend about $500.00 for new cushions or buy a whole new set.

Original review: July 3, 2013

I purchased Martha Stewart set 1 year ago. With umbrella up with base, glass top completely shattered. Glass everywhere and no known way to replace it. Total garbage product and will never buy again or recommend to anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2013

I purchased approximately one year ago from Home Depot. No warnings or alerts of any potential hazards listed anywhere on this product or from the store. On Sunday, June 30th, 2013, I was preparing for a family party. Patio table was on deck near swimming pool. Weather was moderate with just a little breeze. Umbrella was up and my older son was sitting by the table. The glass top burst or shattered for no apparent reason. Wow!!! Glass everywhere - deck, grass, pool, food, covered with glass.

I'm still cleaning up the next day and finding glass everywhere. In attempting to find replacement glass, I found the consumer complaints and I am shocked to read that this is not a freak accident and that it has been going on for some time and they are still selling this product with no warnings and no refunds. Thank God, my grandchildren were not around when this happened. Beware of Martha Stewart and Home Depot and anyone selling her products.

Original review: June 30, 2013

We had purchased a Martha Stewart living patio table from Kmart at the end of summer in 2011. We stored it accurately over the seasons, covered in our shed that is weather-proof. Today (July 1, 2012) my four year old son, my father-in-law and myself sat down at the table to eat, and it literally exploded into a million pieces! I have never seen anything like this! My son, fortunately, only managed to get a few scrapes from the glass on his ankles (he's small). My thighs are covered in scrapes. My father-in-law was wearing jeans, so he is okay. I want to know who I can contact to file a formal complaint. There is no reason this should've occurred and I am so fortunate that my son was not injured worse than a few scrapes.

I called the Kmart store we had purchased this from. Although they told me that three other incidents were reported to their store this year, they could not tell me if it was the same table we had purchased. I cannot believe this product has not been recalled.

Original review: June 27, 2013

I've had a Martha Stewart Patio set on my covered, screened-in porch for about 10 years. I kept it covered in winter and stormy days but overall, it is pretty protected on the porch. I came home last night and there was glass everywhere - no one was home, no bad weather; the top just completely shattered - the Lazy-Susan that came with it and the candle on the table were just sitting there with the whole glass table top in pieces all over the chair seats and floor. I see when looking for a replacement top that there are tons of people with this experience - why weren't these tables recalled? Why is there no notification of this possibility? Martha and Kmart are both at fault and I'm disappointed and angry but thankful no one was hurt.

Original review: June 24, 2013

I have had this patio table for 10 years. Today without incident, the table shattered into very sharp pieces all over my deck, lawn and plants. There are 100's of pieces stuck between the wood on my deck. There was no wind, no rain, and no on the deck at the time. We heard the noise from our kitchen and turned to see the entire glass table shattered everywhere. This is not the first time this has happened to these tables. My sister also had a Martha Stewart glass table and we were sitting around it when the same thing happened. Thank God no one was injured. Between her lounge chairs cutting fingers off and shattering tables, I will never purchase a single item again.

Original review: June 17, 2013

So... I came home one day to see that our Martha Stewart Mallorca dining set shattered in a million pieces. We normally keep it covered but we had just had company over the day before and it was left uncovered. We asked our neighbors if it was windy but they all said the weather was fine. There was really no explanation of why this happened but I just chalked it up to a freak accident. Of course, as I was searching for replacement glass, I stumbled upon the multiple complaints online. I can't believe that this has happened to so many people and that this company has continued to make these faulty products. They really have some nerve to try to charge $300 for replacement glass when the whole darn set costs $500! I am surprised ours lasted for a year when some people's lasted only months. I was already disappointed with the cheap cushions with the seams ripping but after the glass incident, I will NEVER buy a Martha Stewart product again.

Original review: June 9, 2013

Martha Stewart Patio Glass Tabletops - These tables are made of tempered glass. They are supposed to shatter when broken. The reasoning is to prevent severe injuries that typical glass sheets cause - splintering, sheering, your hand going through it and cutting a vein, artery, skin, etc.

Original review: June 9, 2013

Mallorca II patio set - I purchased the set in May 2012. It was stored at room temperature, covered and protected throughout winter. I took it out for the spring, and have had it out for 4 weeks. When my husband went to clean off the pollen, it shattered into a million pieces. LUCKILY, he wasn't hurt. Horrible experience. Based on reviews, I'm not alone. Anyone have any luck with replacement glass???

Original review: June 6, 2013

I guess I'm just one more person on the list... We had purchased the Martha Stewart Living Mallorca 7-piece dining set and it seems that mine at least lasted longer than those below. We had brought the glass inside for the winter and when we went to bring it back out to the table, the entire thing shattered in my husband's hands. I'm just grateful that nobody got hurt. I can't believe how often this seems to happen with the MSL outdoor furniture. It's really terrible.

Original review: June 3, 2013

Martha Stewart Living Mallorca II 7-Piece Patio Dining Set - We purchased this set through Home Depot last summer. We used it for 3 months (August through October 2012) without problems. This past weekend, we took the set out of storage in our basement and set it up on the back deck. Sunday morning, while sitting at the dining table having coffee, the glass spontaneously shattered into a million pieces. As I type this, I still am in disbelief that this happened. There was nothing dropped on the table. The weather was not a factor as it was 80 degrees and sunny. I am thankful that neither my husband or myself were seriously injured. Once the clean up was completed, I went online to see what to do as the product was still under warranty.

This is when I discovered over 1,500 complaints to Consumer Reports regarding the glass shattering. I also discovered that the product has been discontinued by Martha Stewart. I contacted the corporate office of Home Depot, only be told that they are not compensating their customers because the glass is not covered by the warranty (ironic right?). I find it frustrating that two multibillion dollar companies joined together to manufacturer and sell a faulty product to consumers that, in some cases, could have caused serious bodily injury. Now today neither will step up and admit fault and provide any assistance to their customers. I will never buy another Martha Stewart product. I will also do my homework on Consumer Reports before making another purchase at Home Depot.

Original review: June 2, 2013

We were sitting at our new Martha Stewart glass patio table and all of a sudden... KABOOM... the thing exploded. Glass everywhere. Nice that our Consumer Protection Agency allows this type of hazard to be sold to unsuspecting consumers. Martha Stewart is a fraud and for her to allow her name to associated with such a dangerous product in order to make a profit is a disgrace. I'm not sure about her insider trading conviction, but she should be in prison for selling this dangerous junk. Glass flew up into our faces. Lucky we didn't lose an eye.

Original review: May 31, 2013

Upset! My glass table top from Martha just exploded on me while placing it on the base of the table. It broke while being held, not hitting anything yesterday. It splattered into millions of pieces, un-provoked. I was getting ready for an event we were having. Why, Martha, why? This clean-up is worse than the break; it's all over the yard. Unfortunately, I could not get it on film. It was all over me, the pets, and the kids. I'm now too busy cleaning us off.

Original review: May 31, 2013

I was sitting at our table on the deck, got up, went inside, and BOOM! It was so loud, the neighbors came running over. Our table just exploded! There was glass everywhere!

Original review: May 26, 2013

We had the same experience with our MSL patio set. One night, there was a loud thunder and me thinking it was just the weather, I went back to sleep. I got up in the morning to let the dog out back, only to see thousands of pieces of glass lying under the table. There was nothing left of it!!! I also bought mine at Home Depot, and they said there’s nothing they can do. Are you kidding me?!

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Company Information