toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I first ordered a memory foam mattress online from Loom & Leaf that I had to send back because it wasn't comfortable. Then we got this latex hybrid from Luma Sleep and it's exceptionally comfortable. It comes with a year return policy which we'll see if we would need but offering it was a nice comfort. Also, their customer service was exceptional and very accommodating. Each time I called, the same person, who identifies himself as Defano and who tells me it's his father's company, answers. I like the configuration that they built. I've been sleeping better.

I first came across Luma Sleep on some mattress message board at a dorm site. It was the least expensive latex inter-spring hybrid option that I could find so I purchased one via their website. The main part of the site itself for shopping and doing the research is fine but it was a little spare when I got to the checkout part. There were limited things that I could do, like I had to call separately to have two forms of payment.

The bed was delivered a lot faster than I thought which was nice, though they told us it would be about two weeks and it came in about one week. However, I was supposed to get some further notice beforehand that it would be delivered or that it was ready for shipment, which I didn't. Still, it was fine since I happened to be working from home that day. Also, if one emails their generic contact which is info@lumasleep.com or help@lumasleep.com, the responses are either lacking or non-existent. Nevertheless, my old bed was crap while there's a lot less motion transfer with Luma Sleep's mattress.

I went on the internet and Googled “mattresses” and “reviews” and I found a review of Luma Sleep. We have a latex mattress on our boat we really like and Luma Sleep, turns out has latex in it as well so I looked into it a lot and read everything I could and decided it was my preference over anything else I saw. We bought the highest end of the set that has a three-inch topper and absolutely love it. I’m now sleeping better and more comfortable the bed. I like it exactly the way it is and my husband likes it but he's still getting used to the medium firmness because our old bed was a little softer than that.

The whole thing was a great experience. If I went on the website, then a person would chat and answer questions right away. There was no pressure and they were very attentive to getting what I wanted. It happened over the holidays so there was a little bit of delay with delivery, but that worked out to be better for us because we were having carpet installed and didn’t want it to come until after that. I’ve been telling all of my friends about it.

I was talking to Doctor Peggy who told me that the creator of Luma Sleep had given a pillow to her husband, Doctor Justin **, and that he was really impressed with the product and the gentleman. We were building a second home and needed a bed, and I respect Doctor ** so I took a chance on Luma which is in e-commerce so there’s nowhere I can go and lay on one to see.

The customer service has been the bomb. I talked to them online and thought I knew what I wanted. I was ordering an extra-long twin but Steve got in touch with us and said that according to what I was discussing with them, that's not what I really needed and I handed it off to my husband. We hope to move in this coming week and had ordered the beds a little early so we haven't even slept on them yet but it’s been an amazing experience with Luma Sleep so far.

Love the new luma sleep system. We ordered a Luma Sleep system for our guest room. It was delivered on the timing promised, and while the boxes are a 2 person job to move, they were easy to unpack, and the products were in perfect condition when they arrived. I slept in the bed a couple of times and have had several guests in there since it was delivered. We are very happy with it - it is neither too firm or too soft and everyone has had a good night's sleep on it. A very good value.

My wife and I had put off the purchasing of a new mattress for a long time, even though it was long overdue. We didn't want to deal with a mattress salesman and we knew that retail prices for mattresses in stores were highly inflated. We researched online a bit and felt that of the new brands we found the options were a bit overly simplistic and geared more towards an entry level price point.

Fast forward to this Fall and my wife ended up with a severely herniated disk in her lower back. We had to do something about the mattress and luckily heard about Luma Sleep from a friend. We could not be happier with our choice (my wife especially). This mattress is a joy to sleep on. It's extremely well constructed and is similar in appearance and comfort to a Tempurpedic, but at a much better value. The two-piece system is a great idea and works perfectly. I like the idea that if we want to replace or switch out the comfort layer at any point for one with a different level of firmness that we can. That's really a much better alternative to buying an entirely new mattress (I hate the idea of throwing out an entire mattress every 10 years or so). Bottom line. You will not go wrong with this mattress!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

I didn't have expectations to exceed for the Luma Sleep mattress but my husband and I have a better night's sleep. It was the combination of the coil and latex, and the fact that it leaks away heat that made us chose the product. The cost was comparable to other mattresses as well.

We ordered a firm mattress from Luma. We experienced a little problem with shipping but Luma customer service, Stefano, took care of it. The mattress is softer than we expected but provides good support. We are happy with the mattress.

I have been sleeping on this system (Latex Hybrid Sleep System- Firm) for 2 months. Very comfortable, supportive mattress. Easy install. Back sleeper so proper support is most important to me. The combo latex & pocketed coils provides it. The included latex pillows were a pleasant bonus - great support.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my new LUMA firm mattress. I have some back issues and sleeping on a FIRM mattress helps tremendously. This mattress is head and shoulders above any I have ever had. I would recommend this mattress and buy another, when it becomes necessary.

I was attracted to Luma because of the product description and the small business model. I have come back to them because of the exceptional product and the unbelievable customer service. I purchased a mattress topper because I had a relatively new mattress that was not comfortable. I wanted the topper to turn my bad choice into an acceptable one until I was ready to buy a permanent solution. So, I bought two pillows and a topper. These products were superior to anything we have ever used and turned my terrible mattress into a sleep machine.

But, the customer service was unbelievable. For Christmas, I ordered two pillows each direct to my children. I could not deliver them so they had to ship direct. Now, listen to this!! The owner of the company remembered our previous transaction and asked me if there was anything else they could do. I explained that I was stationed overseas and was sending these pillows as gifts to my children. If it was possible to gift wrap them, it would be really nice.

Now, I didn't believe they would really do it. I told him so and it was ok. They couldn't possibly be set up for that kind of service. Guess what? My kids called at Christmas and said the pillows were wonderful and THEY CAME GIFT WRAPPED!!! Now, I have a bad back from years as a Marine and injuries as a Foreign Service Officer in Afghanistan. I know a good mattress and a good pillow when I get it. These are absolutely the greatest. But, to get the owner to take a personal interest, is magnificent. I'm a raving fan.

I ordered Luma Sleep pillows online for my mom since she requested them. Their customer service was awesome. I missed their 10% off but they refunded it. They also sent an email saying "We'll get these pillows out immediately so you'll get them before Christmas". That was exciting. I asked them to send the product to my brother's house so my parents wouldn't know and they updated the address easily as well. It was a great experience.

Luma Sleep answered my questions quickly when I was trying to decide whether to buy. Their responsiveness convinced me to purchase the mattress that came with pillows even though they're a relatively new company and there's so many out there. I have been sleeping better but I’m still adjusting. It's a little firm and it doesn't have that sinking factor, like it can form but that's just the construction.

Luma Sleep

Thanks Mrs. Crossman for your kind words and support of Luma Sleep.
If you decide to buy another Luma Mattress for your daughter, please let us know as our Luma Share rewards program will provide you with a 10% discount for the purchase as well as reward your with a $50.00 gift certificate.

Thanks for helping Luma create sweet dreams!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We really love our Luma Sleep mattress and bed. It comes in a box and we just put it on a handcart and move it around in order to be able to get it into the room to set it up. It’s a very ingenious system of shipping. I’ve wondered how a normal king size bed would have even gotten up the stairs because we live in a condo unit that has a really weird bend at the end of the hall. But it worked out beautifully and it’s extremely comfortable. We’re sleeping very well on it. I recommend it and would love to buy one for my daughter.

Due to extensive business travel, I didn't use my new pillows for several weeks. I slept like a baby the 1st night of using the Luma pillows. It was a big mistake on my part not to have put them to use right away. Find them to be cool and comfortable. With other name brand pillows, I have experienced shoulder and neck stiffness. Have not felt any discomfort at all with the Talalay pillow. Highly recommend this product.

Luma Sleep had a promotion at my gym wherein they gave away a pillow per member who signed up. I liked it so much that I wanted an extra pillow. When they sent me an email, it's a buy one, get one half off. So I ended up buying two extra. And now, I have three. The shipping was fast. They're a little too expensive, but I love them. It's a great pillow. I sleep better and more comfortably with Luma pillows.

My wife Cathy and I have had our mattress for a year now, and it feels as comfortable today as it did the day it arrived. Now going to sleep at night is an activity that we positively look forward to and not just one that is a routine. Honestly, lying down on this mattress is an experience in of itself. That is no exaggeration. Our opinion is that it is one of the best investments we could possibly made to improve our health because of the superb rest we receive every night sleeping on this product.

My husband and I did a lot of research before choosing the type of bed we were going to buy. Which brand, what materials, cost/value. Luma provided all the right components of pocketed coils and a latex topper, they even provide latex pillows that have AMAZING neck support. All for one of the best prices on the market. We were also very happy with the customer service, delivery and set up. Everything went smoothly. We happened to have ordered our bed two days before they were having a sale, but someone from the Luma team reached out to us and told us that we should receive the discount too, even though we bought early! So they credited money back to our account. That's really above and beyond!

The bed is soft, quiet, and fairly isolating of movement. Superior support. Great when I sleep on my back or side. A huge upgrade from our old bed. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering, and already have to my friends and family.

This was the first time we had ever tried a Latex Hybrid bed. It is very different from our old bed, but in a good way! It's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. My husband and I are getting a great night's sleep every night-finally. The only negative is a faint latex smell at first, which is not bad enough to take away from all the positives.

I have never slept better since I received my Luma Sleep mattress. I no longer wake up with a backache or toss and turn at night trying to get comfortable. My Luma pillows completed the system! I would highly recommend to anyone shopping for a new mattress!

I absolutely love my sleep system from Luma. It's one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. I literally sink into bed and drift off to sleep even with all the noise of the city outside my window. Other mattresses just don't meet the same level of comfort. I love that you can customize the firmness of the bed and add a pillow top mattress on as well. I prefer my pillows to be memory foam so I do find myself not using the pillows as much but they do provide great support. I definitely recommend considering Luma if you are in the market.

The Luma mattress has been great. I don't like soft mattresses and have used very firm (and expensive) ones in the past. My old mattresses used to leave me waking up sore in spots but I have not had this issue with Luma. Luma feels soft at first but is actually very supportive. I would recommend Luma to others.

My wife and I purchased a Luma Sleep king size mattress with a medium topper several months ago. I must say that the whole experience from ordering to set up was extremely easy and hassle free. I had several questions before ordering that were answered quickly and with professionalism. As I stated earlier, we have had the mattress and topper for several months and can honestly say that I have been sleeping a lot better and stay asleep longer.

Our previous mattress was a pillow top. It quickly developed a deep valley in which I stayed in all night. Not with the Luma Sleep mattress. It's been very comfortable and has maintained its original firmness. One more item, I assume due to the latex material I find that I maintain a even temperature all night. I'm not waking up feeling damp from sweating. Finally, my wife and I are very happy with our purchase and would recommend this mattress system to others interested in getting a great product, great customer service and most importantly a good night's sleep.

I love my Luma Sleep mattress! It has made such a difference in the way my husband and I sleep. For the longest time we have both had back issues and neck issues. My husband also had neck surgery and it has been a godsend to have such a wonderful mattress. I would recommend this mattress to anyone who is having trouble sleeping or just wants a very comfortable mattress.

This bed is one of the best beds my husband and I have ever slept on. Order and delivery was so simple and the bed was extremely easy to set up. We have recommended it to all of our friends and family!

Luma Sleep is a great company and if every company worked the way they did, this would be a better place. They were fantastic and unbelievable from start to finish. Every step of the way they notified me. I went from a traditional to a latex mattress and sleeping on them was like night and day. I went online to buy it because that's the only place you can buy a really good Talalay latex mattress.

Waking up still tired and having a stiff back are a thing of the past! I could not believe the difference this mattress has made. Being that I am a light sleeper, I could not believe the fact that I could not even feel the other person in the bed. I usually go to sleep early and when my fiance comes upstairs, I don't even realize he came up to bed. We even got one for our guest room and all of our guests have mentioned they have never slept so well. This bed really makes you want to sleep in every day.

I am extremely pleased with my Luma Sleep mattress. It is definitely the best mattress I have ever had. And, it was so convenient to have it delivered right to my door!

My husband and I both have back problems so I got the mattress which was $700 from Luma Sleep. I wish it was a tiny bit softer though. I know it molds me after awhile. Since we got the mattress my husband hits the bed and falls asleep. However, I haven't noticed any changes. I'm still going for my meds. But my husband had sciatic and had a couple of bad days, so I really can't say it's the mattress. I think it's the person.

I got a Luma mattress shortly after moving to a new apartment in July, and it has been a great product thus far. It was a much different feel than my previous mattress (a Tempur-Pedic), so it took some getting used to. But, I noticed that I have been sleeping much better on my new Luma Mattress than I was previously. Additionally, I noticed that the discomfort in my back that I was experiencing in the morning has gone away, probably due to upgrading from a mattress that was poorly suited to my sleeping style.

I like the technology behind Luma Sleep's products. The king mattress is unbelievable. I sleep much better. They also did quick delivery. My experience with Luma Sleep exceeded my expectations.

Luma Sleep Company Profile