4.84/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Luma Sleep is dedicated to helping its customers sleep happily ever after. Luma Sleep is an online luxury mattress company that provides its customers personalized comfort choices before and after they purchase a Luma mattress system. Luma’s unique 2-piece slumber system mattress provides customers the ability to have a free comfort exchange if they decide the bed is not perfect for them. 100 night free in-home trial; 15 year warranty. Visit our website today to learn more!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

72 Luma Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I went with Luma Sleep because of the 15% or 10% Hugh Hewitt Show discount. It was pretty good and pretty substantial. And he had said good things about it on his radio show so that was basically what we did. And then we knew there was a 100-day warranty so we didn’t feel like there was much to lose if we didn’t like it, but we like it. We knew we needed a new mattress so she had gone through some retailers in our new home in California. But then I said, “Why don’t we try something online?”

We purchased a queen bed. It’s the middle-cost option and it came with a soft pillow top. I had my old mattress for 17 years. I bought it before I got married and she was desperate for a new one. The Luma mattress is nicer and a lot better. The delivery was pretty easy. The hardest part was carrying it up the stairs. I got upstairs and then just opened it up, and it just opened up itself. It was very simple to do. We love it. It’s very soft. I’ve only slept on it two nights but I really like it. We’re really happy with it and we'd recommend it. I don’t think we’ve had anybody to recommend any mattress to but if we come across anybody that needs a new mattress, we’d certainly recommend they check out Luma.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I wanted to get a latex mattress, and I shopped around with other latex mattress companies. Comparing Luma versus a brick-and-mortar store, their price is much better. So I got a mattress and the mattress topper and pillows were free. The delivery process took forever since it was shipped from Luma. Then it got shipped to this transport company and then from there, it took them a long time to contact me back. When I got it, I thought it was too soft, but after a while, I began to sleep pretty well. So compared to my old bed, the Luma is better. And so far, I’m satisfied with it.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I started out not knowing what kind of mattress I wanted. I know I didn’t want a 100% foam mattress because they’re too hot and I’m down in South Florida. I researched and it seemed that a hybrid of coil and foam was best and that the latex foam was even better. I looked around at prices and Luma Sleep had the best prices for that type of mattress so I went with them. I had problems ordering it online and it turned out my card was blocked for whatever reason so I had to clear that up. When I talked with the rep on the phone, he was very nice and he gave me a discount that wasn’t available online. They were very helpful. We got the mattress right before Hurricane Irma hit and we slept on it without air-conditioning. We took all the bedding off, slept on just the mattress and it wasn’t too hot at all. It’s much cooler, I’m not sweating at night and it's much more comfortable. I’m not waking up in pain as much. It is much better than my old bed.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We got the two-layer full latex Luma Slumber. I had a bias against the smelly, mass-produced, expensive kind of department store beds. So, when I learned about Luma, I started doing research on latex and the lay that they use. I went out of my way to find another store that stocks some similar things. I got used to it as a healthier, more comfortable, longer-lasting investment. And the kicker was the level of service that I got on the phone from Luma, which was a very positive, reinforcing experience.

The UI on the website was very positive. However, something as personal as a bed calls for personal interaction if one can't feel the bed directly. I was able to get a gentleman on the phone, and he not only went through and provided recommendations based on what I was describing, which is pretty subjective information, but also sent me an email about the products they have compared to the other things I've tried, as well as what he thought and why he thought it. It was certainly reinforcing. It's tough to make a significant investment without seeing and feeling the bed.

They have to hone their process for what they call foundations, which are like box springs. The foundations come from a separate company. So, if you want a foundation or box spring, which we did, you get two separate deliveries. My wife and I both work and didn't want headaches regarding having to get the stuff up into our home, so we said to give us the white glove service, which they did. But what that means in the present state is a box gets delivered by UPS sometime before you receive the mattress. The box weighs well over 100 pounds, and UPS might leave it in the front walkway. It would still need to be brought inside the house. The group that comes to deliver the mattress isn't really familiar with the box spring or putting it together, which is not complex. However, that added a level of complication we didn't really want.

So far, we’ve slept well. But it’s too early to tell whether it’s a life-changing experience, particularly because it still feels a little bit softer than I thought I was looking for. But I’m waiting to see whether it’s going to grow on us. It’s a very different feel. Our old bed was not real consistent. It seemed to have hard spots and soft spots. So far, the Luma seems more consistent. It’s softer than we anticipated, so we’re still kind of in that trial mindset. We might choose to go for the firmer top layer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The mattress I bought from Luma Sleep came with two pillows and a mattress cover. I'm very happy with it. It's a different material than the old one I had and it's better. Also, the customer service is very good. I spoke with one of the reps or owners on the phone a couple of times and he walked me through details and questions that I had, which was helpful. Then he was able to give me a discount that made the price seem pretty good to me. He also threw in some extras and the pillows that were included were actually surprising. The warranty is very good and the quality of the products has met my expectations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Our old bed got more and more uncomfortable and it had been awful through the 8 years we’ve used it. When I researched for different beds online, Luma Sleep had 5 stars ratings. I wanted to be comfortable and I needed to sleep in style so I got from Luma Sleep the whole shebang that included the King Size, mattress with 300-coil, the Talalay latex on the top and the topper. Two pillows came with it and a cover to separate the mattress and the topper.

We were supposed to get the whole set a month ago but we only got the bed frame and the topper. I wanted to set it up but the mattress never came. I checked since it had been the whole day and it was lost in transit as per UPS so I spoke with Stefano, who works in the company, and told me to get a bed like that from Mattress Firm for the meantime. They paid for it which was about $1,000 since I got rid of my other bed. They did that to help me. When I got the Luma Sleep mattress a week ago with the topper, it was way more comfortable versus than the mattress from Mattress Firm. My husband is taller and more muscular while I'm really petite and little so I used to roll on to him in our old bed since he weighed more than I did but with Luma Sleep, I get my own spot and I stay there. My body feels like it slept good that it feels great. Luma Sleep delivered on their promise. It was fantastic.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I wanted a hybrid mattress and Luma Sleep was the only one that did that. Their headquarters was right by in the Tampa Bay area and I heard good reviews that seemed more independent than the other online mattress companies. Their mattress is much better compared to my old bed. On my old mattress, my husband moving would always wake me up, but not on this one. I'm definitely sleeping better and my back is aching a little bit less. The experience was really easy after delivery. The Luma Sleep mattress is a little bit heavy like most mattresses are, but it's definitely exceeded my expectations.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have back problems and I’m trying to find the perfect mattress. I bought a Luma mattress and everything was delivered on time. I’ve got no complaints. They had some sale a couple of days after I bought it, and they sent me an email saying they’re automatically refunding the difference between what I paid for and the sale price. I have four mattresses. I cycle my mattresses out every week or so. So, one mattress works good in one position, like side sleeping. Other mattress works better for my back, other mattress works better for my stomach. My Luma mattress is a good mattress. In some positions, it’s better than other mattresses. In other positions, it’s not better than other mattresses. Considering everything, I would recommend Luma to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I'm a really small person and have a lot of problems with pressure points. I read about Luma Sleep and that their mattress is actually good for side sleepers and thin people. I gave it a shot and the Luma mattress is the sixth one I've tried. And I later ordered the topper to go on top of it. It's almost 100 days now and my trial is almost up so I'm about to return it. It is a good quality mattress but I'm disappointed that it's not working out for me. Still, the people at Luma Sleep were very helpful, even when I chatted with them online a couple of times. They answered all my questions and gave their recommendations. So, I would definitely recommend to friends and family to at least try the Luma mattress.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We were looking to get a bigger mattress and bed. Since both my wife and I had lower back problems, we were also hoping to find something else to sleep better especially now that we have a newborn. After reading all the reviews, we decided on a Luma Hybrid since it’s good for joint pain. We also got the mattress and the latex topper. My old bed sucks compared to what I got from Luma Sleep. It was a queen-sized bed and this one’s a king-size.

But the cushion top didn’t line up exactly with the bottom mattress. It could have something to do with the fact that when they delivered the mattress, it was vacuum packed and they didn't unfold it. It's also really heavy and it takes two people to let it settle so the cushion top seemed a little bit bigger than the mattress. At any event, we called Luma Sleep and their reps were very friendly and helpful. We got unparalleled customer service from them and it does not compare in this day and age. Their people actually care and they are a very client-centric company. They gave us some troubleshooting steps and were willing to switch out the mattress. But I told them that I'd give it some time to see what happens. I then called them back and told them that I won't be sending the bed back. It's still not aligned, but it had more to do with the way our bed is holding the mattress. So far, their product's great and I'm very happy.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Luma Sleep offered a unique product and I thought that the price point was right so I purchased a mattress. My wife and I are both sleeping better than we did before and we are enjoying it so far. I called their reps once or twice to verify a few things, and they were always very responsive and knowledgeable. The mattress has met all of our expectations and it was a great experience that went very well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I went to Mattress Underground website to see a few notes about Luma Sleep. It was a kind of a coin flip between them and OSO, which is another manufacturer. What sold me aside from reviews was Luma Sleep's return policy if we weren't happy after 100 days. So I purchased two twin XL mattresses. It's the base model and not the cloud system. My old bed was worn out and I was getting too many pressure points. I also got a sore back, but now with Luma Sleep I'm no longer having those. Moreover, Stefan, on the chat in customer service, was good to deal with. He was pretty responsive.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The old bed provided by the housing company where I'm staying is a little bit too firm for me. I didn't get support for my lower back. And sometimes, I wake up with some soreness that might be caused by the pillow and the mattress. I went online and found this website called Mattress Underground. They really talked about mattresses. I ended up purchasing the Hybrid Slumber System from Luma Sleep.

The Hybrid Slumber is a king-sized mattress that has a medium firm topper on top of it. Although it is much softer than what I'm accustomed to, it did support my lower back more, and with the pillow that was provided with the mattress, I have been having a very comfortable sleep. When I wake up in the morning, I don't have major pains or anything. When I first started using the Luma Sleep mattress, I didn't use the pillows that they gave me. I continued to use my old pillows, which was not the ideal height. Then I woke up with a very sore neck. It must have something to do with the alignment being off. And then, when I called the company, the representative told me to use the pillow that was included with the mattress. It should help me resolve any neck issues. It did work out.

There are two main reasons I chose this mattress. One is that they used latex. I'm moving from Monterrey back to Singapore. It's a tropical and humid country and I wanted a mattress system that won't trap heat. Latex also offers good supportive functions. Luma had latex over the spring coils and I wanted something like that because I have been used to spring mattresses. Second is that when I reached out to the company, the representative answered a lot of my questions and concerns.He also gave me a lot of suggestions. When I had sleeping and neck issues, he tried to help me with it. There was a lot of communications during pre-sales, which was very good for me. It helped me decide on what I wanted. After sales, they continued to follow up with me.

Generally, I'm very, very satisfied with my experience so far. Their customer service was very helpful. They tried their best to ship the mattress for me as quickly as possible because of my detachment from Monterrey. I also had a very pleasant experience purchasing the mattress form them and I would recommend them if people would ask.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Luma Sleep offers quick, professional and excellent service. I bought a mattress as a gift for someone and he liked it a lot. He has two herniated discs and was miserable. The mattress solved his back problems. The service was really awesome. It was much faster than they said it was. And even though I didn’t ask for it, they gave me an additional discount since there was an offer I hadn’t mentioned. I absolutely love them. They're awesome and I would definitely recommend, or buy another product from them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I found out about Luma Sleep through a forum about mattresses and from what I understood from other people, the owner knew latex very well and has been in the business a long time. I purchased an all-latex king-size mattress and I dealt with Steve, the owner. He communicated very well and he was very good and responsive. The delivery guys came earlier than I expected though and I could’ve gone to work after, but unfortunately I was already off for the day. Right now the new mattress feels too soft compared to my old bed, which I had for two years. However, I’ve only slept on it for a week and they told me it takes up to 30 days to get used to a new mattress.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We bought a Hybrid king-sized mattress from Luma Sleep last June and my husband did it all online. The delivery took a little bit longer than initially anticipated but they let us know about that. The mattress was easy to set up. It is a good product and it was all around a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I shopped quite a bit looking for mattress. I went to all the mattress stores and discount stores. Also I was on the internet searching for a mattress and I ended up buying a king size mattress from Luma Sleep. I looked on two different places all over the internet and I was so sold about it. I never heard of the product before I found it on the internet but after reading all the reviews on it I was well pleased. The reviews were not fake.

Ordering online was very simple. I just selected what I want, placed the order and I had 60 days to return it if I wasn't satisfied. I was disappointed when the mattress arrived because the box looked smaller. It's about four feet tall but after getting it in the house and opening the box up and getting it unwrapped it came to life in its correct size. Luma Sleep takes pride in what they do. They put in a great product with a reasonable price. I sleep better now and stay in bed more. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I read about Luma Sleep on UndergroundMattress.com and the reviews online. I got the Luma mattress and it is tons better than my air mattress before. It's firm enough and I primarily got this to support my back because I just had a baby.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The biggest reason why I bought Luma is that it’s made in the USA. Another big part of it was the way they make the acrylic filling is non-toxic and the way they wash it has a lot less contaminants than the memory foam has. There is no comparison between this and my old mattress. My wife and I are both sleeping much better now. Also, the whole process was good. I changed something at the last minute right before it shipped and customer support was very helpful. They sent me directions how to set everything up. It’s worked out really well and I’m 100% satisfied. A great company thinking of a great product.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I got two toppers from Luma Sleep for my split king and I'm satisfied with its quality. I read everything I could about it and decided on buying because they do the quality I wanted. It’s an excellent product and I’d highly recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I did a bit of research and because of the rating ConsumerAffairs gave Luma Sleep I decided to buy from them. I was kind of surprised when I got my mattress. It was like condensed in one of those boxes and I was like, "Is that the mattress?" We got 120 days to test it out but I don't think we'd be returning it because we're really happy with it. But I had a little bit of a concern right on the beginning just because they're supposed to make it especially for you and I got it within three days after I had ordered it. And so I questioned that someone had it returned. That's why it was in stock and that's why I was getting it. But they said it wasn't and they just happen to have one of those in stock. The mattress is good and the people that I spoke to were professional. They send emails and I thought it was a great experience considering these days when people don't keep in touch.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I like the Luma Sleep mattress that I have which I had bought for the price. However, some nights, I have a hard time sleeping in this mattress but then the other times, it's great. Nevertheless, I want to get the Slumber System topper to add to it for more support. Still, it's a good mattress.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I liked Luma Sleep’s reviews and price so I decided to purchase their Hybrid Sleep System. It's much better than my old bed and their customer service was wonderful. However, we had a little shipping mishap that was UPS's problem and they were very good at reaching out, making sure that everything was okay and wanting to help if there was anything that they could do. They even allowed us to do a comfort exchange during the first year and I'm still working out the topper situation.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I wanted something that was made here in Florida so I got a king-sized mattress from Luma. I like the fact that it was latex and the mattress has coil springs in it. We had a Purple Mattress before and I sent it back because we didn’t like that it was too soft. With Luma, you could get different softness levels and I don’t wake up with a backache anymore. It has met my expectations overall.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I just moved and needed a new mattress, and what I bought from Luma Sleep is what I was looking for in terms of the coil and the latex on top. I liked the concept of having the hybrid system and also liked the alternative fiber they used for the outer coating of the mattress. I'm still trying to figure the mattress out and I've been throwing on different layers trying to make it work for me. I'm following up with the company and they've been responsive. My experience has been perfect.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We needed a new mattress ‘cause ours was 12 years old. I bought the Luma Sleep’s All-Latex Slumber System which is a high-end quality mattress. It's expensive but worth it. This one feels nicer and I don’t get hot in it. It is the best mattress I’ve ever had. Also, I had a friend who purchased Luma before and sort of liked it. Luma too has a genuine third party, good reviews unlike Casper, where the review companies themselves are the ones doing the reviews. So, it always gets biased. The fact that they had these unbiased reviews that were positive was really important to me, as well as having someone that I know who liked it. The mattress is sort of like a luxury product so it was great.

There was an issue when my purchase was delivered though and I told the manager. White Glove Delivery is terrible, they’re not helpful and they were difficult to make arrangements with. If you live anywhere outside of a big city, they only come when it’s convenient for them. But that aside, everything was a good experience.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I learned about Luma Sleep on the internet and because of the reviews I read, I decided to purchase from them. I got a mattress and pillows and this bed's much better than my previous one. I had a great experience with Luma Sleep.

Original review: July 23, 2017

When I searched Luma Sleep in Google, I landed on a site called the Mattress Underground. Luma Sleep is a company that makes a great mattress. It's transparent about their business and treats their customers like family. I had a good conversation on the phone with one of their sales people. With the kind of questions he asked and the things we talked about, I felt confident trying it. My old one was a traditional innerspring and compared to the latex mattress that I bought, they’re like night and day. I sleep better and I'm a lot more comfortable in bed. All the changes are positive. I've never had a latex mattress and it's very springy but you still bounce around like you would on an innerspring. It’s very cushy and there's no odor. It's a great bed.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The free return, the length of trial time available to test it, and the kind of product they offered, having both hybrid and all latex, were the reasons I purchased. My old bed was worse, but I’m not 100% sure I’m going to keep the bed that I bought. My back and my side still hurts and two nights ago, I discovered a coil that’s poking me. My experience has been totally individual. It’s not their fault that I did not find comfort. I did a lot of research and I’m certain that in this level of mattresses, it’s not that much different. The latex can only come from two or three different places on the planet and it sounds like almost everybody gets their pocketed coils from the same manufacturer.

It all comes down to customer service and being able to pick the combination that might be the best for you. From that standpoint, they did great. The customer service rep has been very good, helpful and accommodating. He wants me to be happy with my purchase, or in general. However, I wish there was a video demonstration on the website, a video for how to repackage if you are going to return it and a video showing how to take it out. If I could see how it was unpacked, it might help me figure out how to repack it.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I bought Luma Sleep’s Latex Hybrid after hearing about the company through a website called The Mattress Underground. A lot of people have vouched for them, and it seemed that their product was really good. The ability to be able to swap the comfort layer in and out was also a deciding factor in my purchase, as well as their PayPal financing. However, the product came in with their boxes destroyed. I did not know what happened, but the product wasn’t damaged.

Luma Sleep Company Information