Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When I searched Luma Sleep in Google, I landed on a site called the Mattress Underground. Luma Sleep is a company that makes a great mattress. It's transparent about their business and treats their customers like family. I had a good conversation on the phone with one of their sales people. With the kind of questions he asked and the things we talked about, I felt confident trying it. My old one was a traditional innerspring and compared to the latex mattress that I bought, they’re like night and day. I sleep better and I'm a lot more comfortable in bed. All the changes are positive. I've never had a latex mattress and it's very springy but you still bounce around like you would on an innerspring. It’s very cushy and there's no odor. It's a great bed.

I like the Luma Sleep mattress that I have which I had bought for the price. However, some nights, I have a hard time sleeping in this mattress but then the other times, it's great. Nevertheless, I want to get the Slumber System topper to add to it for more support. Still, it's a good mattress.

I liked Luma Sleep’s reviews and price so I decided to purchase their Hybrid Sleep System. It's much better than my old bed and their customer service was wonderful. However, we had a little shipping mishap that was UPS's problem and they were very good at reaching out, making sure that everything was okay and wanting to help if there was anything that they could do. They even allowed us to do a comfort exchange during the first year and I'm still working out the topper situation.

I wanted something that was made here in Florida so I got a king-sized mattress from Luma. I like the fact that it was latex and the mattress has coil springs in it. We had a Purple Mattress before and I sent it back because we didn’t like that it was too soft. With Luma, you could get different softness levels and I don’t wake up with a backache anymore. It has met my expectations overall.

I just moved and needed a new mattress, and what I bought from Luma Sleep is what I was looking for in terms of the coil and the latex on top. I liked the concept of having the hybrid system and also liked the alternative fiber they used for the outer coating of the mattress. I'm still trying to figure the mattress out and I've been throwing on different layers trying to make it work for me. I'm following up with the company and they've been responsive. My experience has been perfect.

We needed a new mattress ‘cause ours was 12 years old. I bought the Luma Sleep’s All-Latex Slumber System which is a high-end quality mattress. It's expensive but worth it. This one feels nicer and I don’t get hot in it. It is the best mattress I’ve ever had. Also, I had a friend who purchased Luma before and sort of liked it. Luma too has a genuine third party, good reviews unlike Casper, where the review companies themselves are the ones doing the reviews. So, it always gets biased. The fact that they had these unbiased reviews that were positive was really important to me, as well as having someone that I know who liked it. The mattress is sort of like a luxury product so it was great.

There was an issue when my purchase was delivered though and I told the manager. White Glove Delivery is terrible, they’re not helpful and they were difficult to make arrangements with. If you live anywhere outside of a big city, they only come when it’s convenient for them. But that aside, everything was a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

I learned about Luma Sleep on the internet and because of the reviews I read, I decided to purchase from them. I got a mattress and pillows and this bed's much better than my previous one. I had a great experience with Luma Sleep.

The free return, the length of trial time available to test it, and the kind of product they offered, having both hybrid and all latex, were the reasons I purchased. My old bed was worse, but I’m not 100% sure I’m going to keep the bed that I bought. My back and my side still hurts and two nights ago, I discovered a coil that’s poking me. My experience has been totally individual. It’s not their fault that I did not find comfort. I did a lot of research and I’m certain that in this level of mattresses, it’s not that much different. The latex can only come from two or three different places on the planet and it sounds like almost everybody gets their pocketed coils from the same manufacturer.

It all comes down to customer service and being able to pick the combination that might be the best for you. From that standpoint, they did great. The customer service rep has been very good, helpful and accommodating. He wants me to be happy with my purchase, or in general. However, I wish there was a video demonstration on the website, a video for how to repackage if you are going to return it and a video showing how to take it out. If I could see how it was unpacked, it might help me figure out how to repack it.

I bought Luma Sleep’s Latex Hybrid after hearing about the company through a website called The Mattress Underground. A lot of people have vouched for them, and it seemed that their product was really good. The ability to be able to swap the comfort layer in and out was also a deciding factor in my purchase, as well as their PayPal financing. However, the product came in with their boxes destroyed. I did not know what happened, but the product wasn’t damaged.

Three years ago I was in a motorcycle accident. Last year I was diagnosed with leukemia. While recuperating I stayed at the Hope Lodge and they had Tempur-Pedic mattresses. This is a very good mattress but since getting my Luma mattress I've never slept better. Shoulder pain from my motorcycle accident has not awakened me one time. I would recommend this mattress to anyone who wants a very very good night's sleep.

I was looking over at a furniture store and then I went online. I don't really want to spend two grand on a mattress and after reading about the quality of Luma Sleep mattresses compared to a lot of the main brands, it's a lot more comforting to hear that these mattresses outlast those main brands that cost twice as much. When I had a lot of questions, people online would respond to me so they were very simple to work with. I purchased the Slumber System, the pillows and the covers. I never tried latex before but I definitely prefer latex after having Luma Sleep. The old bed I had was a memory foam mattress from Walmart which was at $200. I've been recovering from surgery so it's a little odd sleeping right now. However, I've noticed that I sleep better and feel a bit more rested. It's also a lot softer and easier to get out of bed. It's definitely meeting my expectations.

I had gotten rid of a 100% latex bed that came from Original Mattress Factory so we went to Mattress Firm and ended up getting a Tempur-Pedic but it killed our back. So I started looking on the internet and once I found Luma Sleep, I went to ConsumerAffairs where Luma had a lot of good reviews on so I figured, “Well, we’ll give it a try.” I purchased a hybrid king-size bed with the medium comfort.

The customer service guy, Stephan, was very nice and helpful with the ordering of the bed. The people who delivered it weren't so sure on how to put the base together but figured it out with my husband's help. And it was amazing how the mattresses were all cellophaned and then all rose after they got released. At first, I wasn’t 100% sure if this was gonna be alright for us because my back was still hurting and I ended up going to the chiropractor. But I lay in that bed and am out. My husband and I are so comfortable. It’s like I go to sleep and don’t wake up.

I like the latex pillows, too, but need a bit more of a support mattress, like a different firmness. Throughout the night, I have to flip the pillow or I get a kink in my neck. They told me they would be having different firmness offered here shortly so I was gonna call them and find out if they had gotten these others. But I would recommend Luma Sleep. I've told my sister about it and she was like, "I don't wanna spend that kind of money on a bed.” but I said, “Well. It’s very comfortable.”

One of the owners of Luma Sleep is my friend and he bought my purchases for me. I just gave them my credit card. I purchased two beds and three toppers from them, which we all adore. I wake up and my body doesn't hurt, so my bed has been great that way. However, there was a mix-up with the delivery of my third topper because there was a snowstorm. I didn't want to bother David this time, so I did the online chat with Luma. The rep then called me and my topper was there the next day. It was so awesome. The customer service is so great. One more thing is that the one-year exchange or return policy is so amazing. I told my kids to give it a year, then they can say they don't like it and they could get a new one.

I am so delighted with my Luma Sleep System! Having previously tried 4 different online mattresses, all of which seemed to exacerbate existing back pain & almost giving up in frustration, I found Luma. Steve ** was incredibly helpful, giving generously of his time to help me find the perfect solution for my painful back. I began with the basic mattress and later added a 2" plush top. I have much reduced back pain, sleep superbly and often cannot wait to hop into my bed, knowing just how comfortable it will be. Thank you, thank you. I hope others who may not have had a good first - or second - online mattress experience, will try once again... or better yet, find you first!

I was initially concerned by the lack of information after being duped by a S brand mattress company. I honestly really love my Luma mattress, it's very comfortable, supportive, breathable, and shows NO signs of divoting 4 months in. I really can't recommend it enough.

I found Luma Sleep through Google and decided to get the Hybrid because of their return policy. It was very simple to setup and everything's been positive. It's comparable to my old bed but this one is nicer than I expected. Overall, everything went very smoothly and I've been happy with that.

I first came across Luma Sleep on some mattress message board at a dorm site. It was the least expensive latex inter-spring hybrid option that I could find so I purchased one via their website. The main part of the site itself for shopping and doing the research is fine but it was a little spare when I got to the checkout part. There were limited things that I could do, like I had to call separately to have two forms of payment.

The bed was delivered a lot faster than I thought which was nice, though they told us it would be about two weeks and it came in about one week. However, I was supposed to get some further notice beforehand that it would be delivered or that it was ready for shipment, which I didn't. Still, it was fine since I happened to be working from home that day. Also, if one emails their generic contact which is info@lumasleep.com or help@lumasleep.com, the responses are either lacking or non-existent. Nevertheless, my old bed was crap while there's a lot less motion transfer with Luma Sleep's mattress.

I first ordered a memory foam mattress online from Loom & Leaf that I had to send back because it wasn't comfortable. Then we got this latex hybrid from Luma Sleep and it's exceptionally comfortable. It comes with a year return policy which we'll see if we would need but offering it was a nice comfort. Also, their customer service was exceptional and very accommodating. Each time I called, the same person, who identifies himself as Defano and who tells me it's his father's company, answers. I like the configuration that they built. I've been sleeping better.

I went on the internet and Googled “mattresses” and “reviews” and I found a review of Luma Sleep. We have a latex mattress on our boat we really like and Luma Sleep, turns out has latex in it as well so I looked into it a lot and read everything I could and decided it was my preference over anything else I saw. We bought the highest end of the set that has a three-inch topper and absolutely love it. I’m now sleeping better and more comfortable the bed. I like it exactly the way it is and my husband likes it but he's still getting used to the medium firmness because our old bed was a little softer than that.

The whole thing was a great experience. If I went on the website, then a person would chat and answer questions right away. There was no pressure and they were very attentive to getting what I wanted. It happened over the holidays so there was a little bit of delay with delivery, but that worked out to be better for us because we were having carpet installed and didn’t want it to come until after that. I’ve been telling all of my friends about it.

I was talking to Doctor Peggy who told me that the creator of Luma Sleep had given a pillow to her husband, Doctor Justin **, and that he was really impressed with the product and the gentleman. We were building a second home and needed a bed, and I respect Doctor ** so I took a chance on Luma which is in e-commerce so there’s nowhere I can go and lay on one to see.

The customer service has been the bomb. I talked to them online and thought I knew what I wanted. I was ordering an extra-long twin but Steve got in touch with us and said that according to what I was discussing with them, that's not what I really needed and I handed it off to my husband. We hope to move in this coming week and had ordered the beds a little early so we haven't even slept on them yet but it’s been an amazing experience with Luma Sleep so far.

Love the new luma sleep system. We ordered a Luma Sleep system for our guest room. It was delivered on the timing promised, and while the boxes are a 2 person job to move, they were easy to unpack, and the products were in perfect condition when they arrived. I slept in the bed a couple of times and have had several guests in there since it was delivered. We are very happy with it - it is neither too firm or too soft and everyone has had a good night's sleep on it. A very good value.

My wife and I had put off the purchasing of a new mattress for a long time, even though it was long overdue. We didn't want to deal with a mattress salesman and we knew that retail prices for mattresses in stores were highly inflated. We researched online a bit and felt that of the new brands we found the options were a bit overly simplistic and geared more towards an entry level price point.

Fast forward to this Fall and my wife ended up with a severely herniated disk in her lower back. We had to do something about the mattress and luckily heard about Luma Sleep from a friend. We could not be happier with our choice (my wife especially). This mattress is a joy to sleep on. It's extremely well constructed and is similar in appearance and comfort to a Tempurpedic, but at a much better value. The two-piece system is a great idea and works perfectly. I like the idea that if we want to replace or switch out the comfort layer at any point for one with a different level of firmness that we can. That's really a much better alternative to buying an entirely new mattress (I hate the idea of throwing out an entire mattress every 10 years or so). Bottom line. You will not go wrong with this mattress!

I didn't have expectations to exceed for the Luma Sleep mattress but my husband and I have a better night's sleep. It was the combination of the coil and latex, and the fact that it leaks away heat that made us chose the product. The cost was comparable to other mattresses as well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We ordered a firm mattress from Luma. We experienced a little problem with shipping but Luma customer service, Stefano, took care of it. The mattress is softer than we expected but provides good support. We are happy with the mattress.

I have been sleeping on this system (Latex Hybrid Sleep System- Firm) for 2 months. Very comfortable, supportive mattress. Easy install. Back sleeper so proper support is most important to me. The combo latex & pocketed coils provides it. The included latex pillows were a pleasant bonus - great support.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my new LUMA firm mattress. I have some back issues and sleeping on a FIRM mattress helps tremendously. This mattress is head and shoulders above any I have ever had. I would recommend this mattress and buy another, when it becomes necessary.

I was attracted to Luma because of the product description and the small business model. I have come back to them because of the exceptional product and the unbelievable customer service. I purchased a mattress topper because I had a relatively new mattress that was not comfortable. I wanted the topper to turn my bad choice into an acceptable one until I was ready to buy a permanent solution. So, I bought two pillows and a topper. These products were superior to anything we have ever used and turned my terrible mattress into a sleep machine.

But, the customer service was unbelievable. For Christmas, I ordered two pillows each direct to my children. I could not deliver them so they had to ship direct. Now, listen to this!! The owner of the company remembered our previous transaction and asked me if there was anything else they could do. I explained that I was stationed overseas and was sending these pillows as gifts to my children. If it was possible to gift wrap them, it would be really nice.

Now, I didn't believe they would really do it. I told him so and it was ok. They couldn't possibly be set up for that kind of service. Guess what? My kids called at Christmas and said the pillows were wonderful and THEY CAME GIFT WRAPPED!!! Now, I have a bad back from years as a Marine and injuries as a Foreign Service Officer in Afghanistan. I know a good mattress and a good pillow when I get it. These are absolutely the greatest. But, to get the owner to take a personal interest, is magnificent. I'm a raving fan.

I ordered Luma Sleep pillows online for my mom since she requested them. Their customer service was awesome. I missed their 10% off but they refunded it. They also sent an email saying "We'll get these pillows out immediately so you'll get them before Christmas". That was exciting. I asked them to send the product to my brother's house so my parents wouldn't know and they updated the address easily as well. It was a great experience.

Luma Sleep answered my questions quickly when I was trying to decide whether to buy. Their responsiveness convinced me to purchase the mattress that came with pillows even though they're a relatively new company and there's so many out there. I have been sleeping better but I’m still adjusting. It's a little firm and it doesn't have that sinking factor, like it can form but that's just the construction.

Luma Sleep

Thanks Mrs. Crossman for your kind words and support of Luma Sleep.
If you decide to buy another Luma Mattress for your daughter, please let us know as our Luma Share rewards program will provide you with a 10% discount for the purchase as well as reward your with a $50.00 gift certificate.

Thanks for helping Luma create sweet dreams!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We really love our Luma Sleep mattress and bed. It comes in a box and we just put it on a handcart and move it around in order to be able to get it into the room to set it up. It’s a very ingenious system of shipping. I’ve wondered how a normal king size bed would have even gotten up the stairs because we live in a condo unit that has a really weird bend at the end of the hall. But it worked out beautifully and it’s extremely comfortable. We’re sleeping very well on it. I recommend it and would love to buy one for my daughter.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Due to extensive business travel, I didn't use my new pillows for several weeks. I slept like a baby the 1st night of using the Luma pillows. It was a big mistake on my part not to have put them to use right away. Find them to be cool and comfortable. With other name brand pillows, I have experienced shoulder and neck stiffness. Have not felt any discomfort at all with the Talalay pillow. Highly recommend this product.

Luma Sleep Company Profile