Consumer Reviews and Complaints

LOVE LOVE LOVE my new LUMA firm mattress. I have some back issues and sleeping on a FIRM mattress helps tremendously. This mattress is head and shoulders above any I have ever had. I would recommend this mattress and buy another, when it becomes necessary.

Love the new luma sleep system. We ordered a Luma Sleep system for our guest room. It was delivered on the timing promised, and while the boxes are a 2 person job to move, they were easy to unpack, and the products were in perfect condition when they arrived. I slept in the bed a couple of times and have had several guests in there since it was delivered. We are very happy with it - it is neither too firm or too soft and everyone has had a good night's sleep on it. A very good value.

My wife and I had put off the purchasing of a new mattress for a long time, even though it was long overdue. We didn't want to deal with a mattress salesman and we knew that retail prices for mattresses in stores were highly inflated. We researched online a bit and felt that of the new brands we found the options were a bit overly simplistic and geared more towards an entry level price point.

Fast forward to this Fall and my wife ended up with a severely herniated disk in her lower back. We had to do something about the mattress and luckily heard about Luma Sleep from a friend. We could not be happier with our choice (my wife especially). This mattress is a joy to sleep on. It's extremely well constructed and is similar in appearance and comfort to a Tempurpedic, but at a much better value. The two-piece system is a great idea and works perfectly. I like the idea that if we want to replace or switch out the comfort layer at any point for one with a different level of firmness that we can. That's really a much better alternative to buying an entirely new mattress (I hate the idea of throwing out an entire mattress every 10 years or so). Bottom line. You will not go wrong with this mattress!

I didn't have expectations to exceed for the Luma Sleep mattress but my husband and I have a better night's sleep. It was the combination of the coil and latex, and the fact that it leaks away heat that made us chose the product. The cost was comparable to other mattresses as well.

We ordered a firm mattress from Luma. We experienced a little problem with shipping but Luma customer service, Stefano, took care of it. The mattress is softer than we expected but provides good support. We are happy with the mattress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

I have been sleeping on this system (Latex Hybrid Sleep System- Firm) for 2 months. Very comfortable, supportive mattress. Easy install. Back sleeper so proper support is most important to me. The combo latex & pocketed coils provides it. The included latex pillows were a pleasant bonus - great support.

I was attracted to Luma because of the product description and the small business model. I have come back to them because of the exceptional product and the unbelievable customer service. I purchased a mattress topper because I had a relatively new mattress that was not comfortable. I wanted the topper to turn my bad choice into an acceptable one until I was ready to buy a permanent solution. So, I bought two pillows and a topper. These products were superior to anything we have ever used and turned my terrible mattress into a sleep machine.

But, the customer service was unbelievable. For Christmas, I ordered two pillows each direct to my children. I could not deliver them so they had to ship direct. Now, listen to this!! The owner of the company remembered our previous transaction and asked me if there was anything else they could do. I explained that I was stationed overseas and was sending these pillows as gifts to my children. If it was possible to gift wrap them, it would be really nice.

Now, I didn't believe they would really do it. I told him so and it was ok. They couldn't possibly be set up for that kind of service. Guess what? My kids called at Christmas and said the pillows were wonderful and THEY CAME GIFT WRAPPED!!! Now, I have a bad back from years as a Marine and injuries as a Foreign Service Officer in Afghanistan. I know a good mattress and a good pillow when I get it. These are absolutely the greatest. But, to get the owner to take a personal interest, is magnificent. I'm a raving fan.

I ordered Luma Sleep pillows online for my mom since she requested them. Their customer service was awesome. I missed their 10% off but they refunded it. They also sent an email saying "We'll get these pillows out immediately so you'll get them before Christmas". That was exciting. I asked them to send the product to my brother's house so my parents wouldn't know and they updated the address easily as well. It was a great experience.

Luma Sleep answered my questions quickly when I was trying to decide whether to buy. Their responsiveness convinced me to purchase the mattress that came with pillows even though they're a relatively new company and there's so many out there. I have been sleeping better but I’m still adjusting. It's a little firm and it doesn't have that sinking factor, like it can form but that's just the construction.

Luma Sleep

Thanks Mrs. Crossman for your kind words and support of Luma Sleep.
If you decide to buy another Luma Mattress for your daughter, please let us know as our Luma Share rewards program will provide you with a 10% discount for the purchase as well as reward your with a $50.00 gift certificate.

Thanks for helping Luma create sweet dreams!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We really love our Luma Sleep mattress and bed. It comes in a box and we just put it on a handcart and move it around in order to be able to get it into the room to set it up. It’s a very ingenious system of shipping. I’ve wondered how a normal king size bed would have even gotten up the stairs because we live in a condo unit that has a really weird bend at the end of the hall. But it worked out beautifully and it’s extremely comfortable. We’re sleeping very well on it. I recommend it and would love to buy one for my daughter.

Due to extensive business travel, I didn't use my new pillows for several weeks. I slept like a baby the 1st night of using the Luma pillows. It was a big mistake on my part not to have put them to use right away. Find them to be cool and comfortable. With other name brand pillows, I have experienced shoulder and neck stiffness. Have not felt any discomfort at all with the Talalay pillow. Highly recommend this product.

Luma Sleep had a promotion at my gym wherein they gave away a pillow per member who signed up. I liked it so much that I wanted an extra pillow. When they sent me an email, it's a buy one, get one half off. So I ended up buying two extra. And now, I have three. The shipping was fast. They're a little too expensive, but I love them. It's a great pillow. I sleep better and more comfortably with Luma pillows.

My wife Cathy and I have had our mattress for a year now, and it feels as comfortable today as it did the day it arrived. Now going to sleep at night is an activity that we positively look forward to and not just one that is a routine. Honestly, lying down on this mattress is an experience in of itself. That is no exaggeration. Our opinion is that it is one of the best investments we could possibly made to improve our health because of the superb rest we receive every night sleeping on this product.

My husband and I did a lot of research before choosing the type of bed we were going to buy. Which brand, what materials, cost/value. Luma provided all the right components of pocketed coils and a latex topper, they even provide latex pillows that have AMAZING neck support. All for one of the best prices on the market. We were also very happy with the customer service, delivery and set up. Everything went smoothly. We happened to have ordered our bed two days before they were having a sale, but someone from the Luma team reached out to us and told us that we should receive the discount too, even though we bought early! So they credited money back to our account. That's really above and beyond!

The bed is soft, quiet, and fairly isolating of movement. Superior support. Great when I sleep on my back or side. A huge upgrade from our old bed. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering, and already have to my friends and family.

This was the first time we had ever tried a Latex Hybrid bed. It is very different from our old bed, but in a good way! It's the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. My husband and I are getting a great night's sleep every night-finally. The only negative is a faint latex smell at first, which is not bad enough to take away from all the positives.

I have never slept better since I received my Luma Sleep mattress. I no longer wake up with a backache or toss and turn at night trying to get comfortable. My Luma pillows completed the system! I would highly recommend to anyone shopping for a new mattress!

I absolutely love my sleep system from Luma. It's one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on. I literally sink into bed and drift off to sleep even with all the noise of the city outside my window. Other mattresses just don't meet the same level of comfort. I love that you can customize the firmness of the bed and add a pillow top mattress on as well. I prefer my pillows to be memory foam so I do find myself not using the pillows as much but they do provide great support. I definitely recommend considering Luma if you are in the market.

The Luma mattress has been great. I don't like soft mattresses and have used very firm (and expensive) ones in the past. My old mattresses used to leave me waking up sore in spots but I have not had this issue with Luma. Luma feels soft at first but is actually very supportive. I would recommend Luma to others.

My wife and I purchased a Luma Sleep king size mattress with a medium topper several months ago. I must say that the whole experience from ordering to set up was extremely easy and hassle free. I had several questions before ordering that were answered quickly and with professionalism. As I stated earlier, we have had the mattress and topper for several months and can honestly say that I have been sleeping a lot better and stay asleep longer.

Our previous mattress was a pillow top. It quickly developed a deep valley in which I stayed in all night. Not with the Luma Sleep mattress. It's been very comfortable and has maintained its original firmness. One more item, I assume due to the latex material I find that I maintain a even temperature all night. I'm not waking up feeling damp from sweating. Finally, my wife and I are very happy with our purchase and would recommend this mattress system to others interested in getting a great product, great customer service and most importantly a good night's sleep.

I love my Luma Sleep mattress! It has made such a difference in the way my husband and I sleep. For the longest time we have both had back issues and neck issues. My husband also had neck surgery and it has been a godsend to have such a wonderful mattress. I would recommend this mattress to anyone who is having trouble sleeping or just wants a very comfortable mattress.

This bed is one of the best beds my husband and I have ever slept on. Order and delivery was so simple and the bed was extremely easy to set up. We have recommended it to all of our friends and family!

Luma Sleep is a great company and if every company worked the way they did, this would be a better place. They were fantastic and unbelievable from start to finish. Every step of the way they notified me. I went from a traditional to a latex mattress and sleeping on them was like night and day. I went online to buy it because that's the only place you can buy a really good Talalay latex mattress.

Waking up still tired and having a stiff back are a thing of the past! I could not believe the difference this mattress has made. Being that I am a light sleeper, I could not believe the fact that I could not even feel the other person in the bed. I usually go to sleep early and when my fiance comes upstairs, I don't even realize he came up to bed. We even got one for our guest room and all of our guests have mentioned they have never slept so well. This bed really makes you want to sleep in every day.

I am extremely pleased with my Luma Sleep mattress. It is definitely the best mattress I have ever had. And, it was so convenient to have it delivered right to my door!

My husband and I both have back problems so I got the mattress which was $700 from Luma Sleep. I wish it was a tiny bit softer though. I know it molds me after awhile. Since we got the mattress my husband hits the bed and falls asleep. However, I haven't noticed any changes. I'm still going for my meds. But my husband had sciatic and had a couple of bad days, so I really can't say it's the mattress. I think it's the person.

I got a Luma mattress shortly after moving to a new apartment in July, and it has been a great product thus far. It was a much different feel than my previous mattress (a Tempur-Pedic), so it took some getting used to. But, I noticed that I have been sleeping much better on my new Luma Mattress than I was previously. Additionally, I noticed that the discomfort in my back that I was experiencing in the morning has gone away, probably due to upgrading from a mattress that was poorly suited to my sleeping style.

I like the technology behind Luma Sleep's products. The king mattress is unbelievable. I sleep much better. They also did quick delivery. My experience with Luma Sleep exceeded my expectations.

I took advantage of the Chamber of Commerce discount and got myself a medium firmness king set from Luma Sleep. I like it because it doesn't sag and it definitely met my expectations, ‘cause I did get to lie on one on a display. One thing I am a bit concerned with after having it for several months is that the cover on the top tends to buckle. So every time I change the sheets, I have to pull off the mattress pad and I have to tug on that cover to make it smooth again. Other than that, we’ve been very pleased with Luma Sleep.

I've tried down pillows, Bamboo pillows and I've ordered other pillows, but the Luma Sleep pillows seemed to be more comfortable. So we ordered the pillows from them and we're relatively happy, but we would have liked them a little denser than they are. My son had pillows from Luma Sleep that are firmer than the ones that we got when we ordered them and I only see one firmness when I go online. I wanted to order two more. These are good pillows, they are pretty well made.

I didn't feel like going around and trying to sleep on mattresses in a store to know how it made me feel in the long term. Then my husband did a search on mattresses and told me about Luma Sleep which allows people to return their mattresses and keep trying different ones until they liked one. I eventually purchased a mattress from them which, compared to my old bed, is a lot more comfortable since I don't have to turn over as much at night because of pressure points. I'm finally having good sleep and my cat really likes it, too.

It met my expectations, and that's why I recommended it to my friends, especially to my friend who won't be able to get a conventional mattress up the stairs to their bedroom at the top of their house with the way her house was built. Because the mattress comes in a smaller box compared to the size of a mattress, I told her to come over and try my bed. That could be a way for her to replace her mattress without having to bust out her skylight and her roof.

Luma Sleep Company Profile