4.79/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Luma Sleep is committed to helping its customers sleep happily ever after. Luma Sleep is a luxury mattress company that provides its customers with personal comfort choices before and after they purchase a Luma mattress system. Luma’s unique 2-layer mattresses provide customers the ability to change the comfort layer if they decide the bed is not perfect for them - for FREE. Also, 100-night free in-home trial; free shipping & returns. Visit our website today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Luma Sleep provides quality, cooling, affordable mattresses. The hybrid model is pricey, but the original model is a bargain.

PROS

• Cooling sleep
  • Absorbs motion well
  • Long life span

CONS

• Heavy and difficult to move

Top Luma Sleep Reviews

03/02/2018

05/29/2019

About Luma Sleep mattresses

Luma Sleep is an online mattress company that manufactures and delivers high-quality luxury mattresses directly to consumers’ homes.  Luma features premium American-made Talalay Latex and Hybrid Latex mattresses, which consumers can try at home for a year before returning for a full refund.

100-night sleep trial

Free shipping & returns

4 mattress options

Luma Sleep mattress materials and construction

Check out the table below to see what's inside each Luma mattress. The pillow tops that come with some of the mattresses can be swapped out to change the firmness level of the mattress.

The Luma MattressThe Natural Latex HybridThe Hybrid Slumber SystemThe All Latex Slumber System
Pillow top2” latex pillow top3” natural or Talalay latex pillow top2” natural latex pillow top
Layer2” latex2” transition latex2” HD NRG foam transition layer2” natural latex transition layer
Support system8” coil support system8” coil support system8” coil support system6” firm zoned Dunlop latex core
Base foam1” HD base foam1” HD base foam1” HD base foam

Luma Sleep mattress comfort

Luma Sleep does a good job catering to everyone’s sleeping preferences. All-latex models provide excellent motion isolation and durability, while hybrid models have better edge support and a cooler sleep. Three firmness options allow for everyone to find a mattress that will sleep well unless they like a mattress very soft or very firm.

• Firmness: Each Luma mattress comes with three firmness options: Plush (3.5), Medium Firm (6) and Firm (7.5). The price of the mattress might vary based on the firmness level you choose.
  • Sleeping position: Because each mattress has three different firmness options, there is a Luma Sleep mattress that can accommodate any sleep position.
  • Motion transfer: Luma Sleep’s hybrid mattresses have good motion isolation; however, the all-latex mattresses have the best motion isolation.
  • Edge support: The all-latex models from Luma Sleep don’t have great edge support. Because of their coils, the hybrid mattresses from Luma Sleep provide much better edge support.
  • Sleeping hot: The hybrid models from Luma Sleep tend to be very cool. The all-latex models are also cool but can feel warmer for those who tend to sleep hot.
luma sleep mattress

Luma Sleep mattress cost

By selling mattresses exclusively online, Luma eliminates many costs associated with mattress stores, allowing the company to sell its mattresses at a lower price than many other brands. The costs below are starting prices for the following mattresses. The cost of a Luma mattress might vary based on the firmness level you choose.

Mattress sizeLuma MattressNatural Latex HybridHybrid Slumber SystemAll Latex Slumber System
Twin$650$895$1,095$1,295
Twin XL$695$895$1,195$1,295
Full$895$1,195$1,595$1,795
Queen$995$1,295$1,695$1,995
King$1,195$1,595$1,995$2,495
California King$1,295$1,695$2,095$2,595

Are Luma Sleep mattresses good?

Luma mattresses are a good option for fans of all-latex or hybrid latex models. Luma Sleep does a good job at catering to each sleeping position by providing three firmness levels for every single mattress they sell. For a cool sleep and a durable mattress at a great price point, Luma Sleep is a good way to go.

97 Luma Sleep Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I found Luma Sleep through the Mattress Underground, which is a website that kinda reviews mattresses and different things like that. Luma had this transparent list of what goes into their mattress, so I went with them and purchased an all latex mattress. Ordering was easy but the delivery was a little more difficult. I had an old address that I had to change but if I didn’t have that, it would probably be just fine. Also, the mattress is stiffer than I anticipated but it's nice. They let us do the three-inch topper which we did and they let us keep a second one. I would recommend Luma to a friend.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We heard about the good return and the comfort exchange policy of Luma so we got their product. We bought a typical memory foam topped innerspring mattress from Macy's and hated it. So, we returned that and got this in favor of that. And we had just, in research, found that latex is the longest lasting, most supportive material we could get and made a decision. Our sleep has been great. Any kind of problems that we used to have, like enduring aches or pains have pretty much all gone away. And both me and my girlfriend live pretty active lifestyles, so it’s been pretty good.

We had to do a comfort exchange, and it was pretty painless. I just sent an email to customer service, filled out a form and they were helpful with getting that done. And there’s no charge to us so it’s pretty nice. And then, they let us keep the other topper because it wasn't economical to ship it back, so we got an extra topper now, so that’s cool. We’ve tried to convince other people that it’s a good way to go.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We ordered from Luma after a great deal of research and were extremely satisfied. Initially the comfort layer we chose was a bit too "springy" for me, but with one swap we were all set and haven't looked back. It was very easy to communicate with the company and discuss what would work best when we wanted to make a replacement.

Original review: June 7, 2019

We researched and searched for a long time before we chose to do business with Luma. It had been recommended to us by a former bedding salesman that we investigate latex mattresses. We chose Luma Sleep because they not only do they sell whole, natural latex mattresses, they are also local to us. We made our original purchase on Cyber Monday so as to receive a discount, as king-sized latex mattresses are quite costly. Many weeks later, we still had not received our mattress. I called the Luma Sleep office and spoke to Stefano and he apologized for the delay. The company had switched transporters and our order had been dropped in the transition. Stefano sent us a set of complimentary latex pillows to make up for the delay.

A couple of days before Christmas our mattress was delivered, but the "white glove" service we had paid extra for, we were told by the deliverymen, was not included on our order. After a phone call, the issue was resolved and the deliverymen set up the mattress and topper for us. After a week we knew that the topper we had chosen was not soft enough for us. I called Stefano and he said that he would send a specialist out to our home to give us some options.

About a week later, the specialist arrived and installed a softer topper on one side of the bed and a firmer topper on the other side of the bed. I explained to him that we had both wanted our mattress to be softer. But he explained that it was possible that we did not know what we wanted and since he only had a half of a softer topper and a half of a firmer topper option, we were stuck. He further explained that after we decide how much firmness we want for our topper, he would bring us another half of the topper that we preferred and he would switch them out. He went through a lot of trouble to set everything up and remake the bed for us. The next morning I called Stefano back and told him what had transpired and requested that we have one complete softer topper, than have two halves. Stefano said that he would have to order it.

For the next week the two of us slept on one side of the king-sized bed! In the mean time, he sent us another pillow to compensate us for the trouble (this one softer than the previous two). The new topper arrived at our home directly. We replaced it ourselves and put the two different halves in the plastic bag that the softer topper had arrived in and set it on the front porch for the specialist to retrieve. The specialist was supposed to take care of assembly for us, but we did not want to wait another night for our complete soft topper. We have been sleeping very well ever since. I am not looking forward to traveling because I know that the hotel beds will never compare to my Luma Sleep latex mattress.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Luma Sleep seemed like they had a good reputation. I got a mattress from them and everything was fine with the delivery. The mattress is an extremely comfortable one and I’m definitely sleeping better compared to the previous bed. It's far better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

Original review: June 6, 2019

I didn’t want to leave a review until I passed the 100 day mark. I’ve now slept on the mattress for over five months with my girlfriend and it’s holding up decently. I had done a lot of research on foam and coil based mattresses, which is why I went for the hybrid. I feel as though it’s dipping a bit in the middle where we lay. I recently turned the mattress around to switch it up a bit. Unfortunately, one can’t flip the mattress upside down because it’s not built for that. I believe this mattress will stand the test of time and if the foam top continues to dip, I may replace it or get a more substantial mattress topper. For $700 I wish it didn’t dip so soon.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I purchased the Coil and Latex from Luma Sleep. Its natural aspects sold me on it. In addition, getting it delivered was easy. I asked the UPS man to help me assemble it and he did, as far as he could. However, I was able to do assemble it by myself super easily. It is much more supportive compared to my old bed. Buying it has been a great decision.

---

REMOD:

I purchased the Coil and Latex from Luma Sleep. The natural aspects of the Luma bed sold me on it. Getting it delivered was very easy. I asked the UPS man to help me assemble it and he did, as far as he could, but I was able to do this by myself super easily. Compared to my old bed, the Luma mattress was much more supportive. Buying it has been a great decision and I'd tell a friend that I would definitely buy it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I purchased a latex mattress from Luma Sleep, and it's a lot more comfortable than my previous mattress. It’s also nice, cool, and I'm more comfortable when I wake up in the morning. It had a reasonable price, a good warranty and had delivery in Holloway. We're happy with the Luma Sleep mattress.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

About two weeks, I got the Luma mattress with the topper and I like it a lot. It is good. The bed came in a box and I set it up myself. I talked to customer service and they have been very helpful and really good.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I found Luma Sleep online on a web search and they looked like they had comfortable beds. We bought a Hybrid Slumber System through them, which seemed like the best choice for us. It would've been nice though to try it before buying. But with the online delivery, there's not really a way to do that. So, that's okay and I like it better than our old bed. I'd recommend Luma Sleep.

Luma Sleep Company Information