4.82/5
Based on 91 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a good mattress?

Luma Sleep

Luma Sleep is dedicated to helping its customers sleep happily ever after. Luma Sleep is an online luxury mattress company that provides its customers personalized comfort choices before and after they purchase a Luma mattress system. Luma’s unique 2-piece slumber system mattress provides customers the ability to have a free comfort exchange if they decide the bed is not perfect for them. 100 night free in-home trial; 15 year warranty. Visit our website today to learn more!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

91 Luma Sleep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Luma Sleep offered a unique product and I thought that the price point was right so I purchased a mattress. My wife and I are both sleeping better than we did before and we are enjoying it so far. I called their reps once or twice to verify a few things, and they were always very responsive and knowledgeable. The mattress has met all of our expectations and it was a great experience that went very well.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I went to Mattress Underground website to see a few notes about Luma Sleep. It was a kind of a coin flip between them and OSO, which is another manufacturer. What sold me aside from reviews was Luma Sleep's return policy if we weren't happy after 100 days. So I purchased two twin XL mattresses. It's the base model and not the cloud system. My old bed was worn out and I was getting too many pressure points. I also got a sore back, but now with Luma Sleep I'm no longer having those. Moreover, Stefan, on the chat in customer service, was good to deal with. He was pretty responsive.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The old bed provided by the housing company where I'm staying is a little bit too firm for me. I didn't get support for my lower back. And sometimes, I wake up with some soreness that might be caused by the pillow and the mattress. I went online and found this website called Mattress Underground. They really talked about mattresses. I ended up purchasing the Hybrid Slumber System from Luma Sleep.

The Hybrid Slumber is a king-sized mattress that has a medium firm topper on top of it. Although it is much softer than what I'm accustomed to, it did support my lower back more, and with the pillow that was provided with the mattress, I have been having a very comfortable sleep. When I wake up in the morning, I don't have major pains or anything. When I first started using the Luma Sleep mattress, I didn't use the pillows that they gave me. I continued to use my old pillows, which was not the ideal height. Then I woke up with a very sore neck. It must have something to do with the alignment being off. And then, when I called the company, the representative told me to use the pillow that was included with the mattress. It should help me resolve any neck issues. It did work out.

There are two main reasons I chose this mattress. One is that they used latex. I'm moving from Monterrey back to Singapore. It's a tropical and humid country and I wanted a mattress system that won't trap heat. Latex also offers good supportive functions. Luma had latex over the spring coils and I wanted something like that because I have been used to spring mattresses. Second is that when I reached out to the company, the representative answered a lot of my questions and concerns.He also gave me a lot of suggestions. When I had sleeping and neck issues, he tried to help me with it. There was a lot of communications during pre-sales, which was very good for me. It helped me decide on what I wanted. After sales, they continued to follow up with me.

Generally, I'm very, very satisfied with my experience so far. Their customer service was very helpful. They tried their best to ship the mattress for me as quickly as possible because of my detachment from Monterrey. I also had a very pleasant experience purchasing the mattress form them and I would recommend them if people would ask.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Luma Sleep offers quick, professional and excellent service. I bought a mattress as a gift for someone and he liked it a lot. He has two herniated discs and was miserable. The mattress solved his back problems. The service was really awesome. It was much faster than they said it was. And even though I didn’t ask for it, they gave me an additional discount since there was an offer I hadn’t mentioned. I absolutely love them. They're awesome and I would definitely recommend, or buy another product from them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I found out about Luma Sleep through a forum about mattresses and from what I understood from other people, the owner knew latex very well and has been in the business a long time. I purchased an all-latex king-size mattress and I dealt with Steve, the owner. He communicated very well and he was very good and responsive. The delivery guys came earlier than I expected though and I could’ve gone to work after, but unfortunately I was already off for the day. Right now the new mattress feels too soft compared to my old bed, which I had for two years. However, I’ve only slept on it for a week and they told me it takes up to 30 days to get used to a new mattress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luma Sleep?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We bought a Hybrid king-sized mattress from Luma Sleep last June and my husband did it all online. The delivery took a little bit longer than initially anticipated but they let us know about that. The mattress was easy to set up. It is a good product and it was all around a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I shopped quite a bit looking for mattress. I went to all the mattress stores and discount stores. Also I was on the internet searching for a mattress and I ended up buying a king size mattress from Luma Sleep. I looked on two different places all over the internet and I was so sold about it. I never heard of the product before I found it on the internet but after reading all the reviews on it I was well pleased. The reviews were not fake.

Ordering online was very simple. I just selected what I want, placed the order and I had 60 days to return it if I wasn't satisfied. I was disappointed when the mattress arrived because the box looked smaller. It's about four feet tall but after getting it in the house and opening the box up and getting it unwrapped it came to life in its correct size. Luma Sleep takes pride in what they do. They put in a great product with a reasonable price. I sleep better now and stay in bed more. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I read about Luma Sleep on UndergroundMattress.com and the reviews online. I got the Luma mattress and it is tons better than my air mattress before. It's firm enough and I primarily got this to support my back because I just had a baby.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The biggest reason why I bought Luma is that it’s made in the USA. Another big part of it was the way they make the acrylic filling is non-toxic and the way they wash it has a lot less contaminants than the memory foam has. There is no comparison between this and my old mattress. My wife and I are both sleeping much better now. Also, the whole process was good. I changed something at the last minute right before it shipped and customer support was very helpful. They sent me directions how to set everything up. It’s worked out really well and I’m 100% satisfied. A great company thinking of a great product.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I got two toppers from Luma Sleep for my split king and I'm satisfied with its quality. I read everything I could about it and decided on buying because they do the quality I wanted. It’s an excellent product and I’d highly recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I did a bit of research and because of the rating ConsumerAffairs gave Luma Sleep I decided to buy from them. I was kind of surprised when I got my mattress. It was like condensed in one of those boxes and I was like, "Is that the mattress?" We got 120 days to test it out but I don't think we'd be returning it because we're really happy with it. But I had a little bit of a concern right on the beginning just because they're supposed to make it especially for you and I got it within three days after I had ordered it. And so I questioned that someone had it returned. That's why it was in stock and that's why I was getting it. But they said it wasn't and they just happen to have one of those in stock. The mattress is good and the people that I spoke to were professional. They send emails and I thought it was a great experience considering these days when people don't keep in touch.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I like the Luma Sleep mattress that I have which I had bought for the price. However, some nights, I have a hard time sleeping in this mattress but then the other times, it's great. Nevertheless, I want to get the Slumber System topper to add to it for more support. Still, it's a good mattress.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I liked Luma Sleep’s reviews and price so I decided to purchase their Hybrid Sleep System. It's much better than my old bed and their customer service was wonderful. However, we had a little shipping mishap that was UPS's problem and they were very good at reaching out, making sure that everything was okay and wanting to help if there was anything that they could do. They even allowed us to do a comfort exchange during the first year and I'm still working out the topper situation.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I wanted something that was made here in Florida so I got a king-sized mattress from Luma. I like the fact that it was latex and the mattress has coil springs in it. We had a Purple Mattress before and I sent it back because we didn’t like that it was too soft. With Luma, you could get different softness levels and I don’t wake up with a backache anymore. It has met my expectations overall.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I just moved and needed a new mattress, and what I bought from Luma Sleep is what I was looking for in terms of the coil and the latex on top. I liked the concept of having the hybrid system and also liked the alternative fiber they used for the outer coating of the mattress. I'm still trying to figure the mattress out and I've been throwing on different layers trying to make it work for me. I'm following up with the company and they've been responsive. My experience has been perfect.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We needed a new mattress ‘cause ours was 12 years old. I bought the Luma Sleep’s All-Latex Slumber System which is a high-end quality mattress. It's expensive but worth it. This one feels nicer and I don’t get hot in it. It is the best mattress I’ve ever had. Also, I had a friend who purchased Luma before and sort of liked it. Luma too has a genuine third party, good reviews unlike Casper, where the review companies themselves are the ones doing the reviews. So, it always gets biased. The fact that they had these unbiased reviews that were positive was really important to me, as well as having someone that I know who liked it. The mattress is sort of like a luxury product so it was great.

There was an issue when my purchase was delivered though and I told the manager. White Glove Delivery is terrible, they’re not helpful and they were difficult to make arrangements with. If you live anywhere outside of a big city, they only come when it’s convenient for them. But that aside, everything was a good experience.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I learned about Luma Sleep on the internet and because of the reviews I read, I decided to purchase from them. I got a mattress and pillows and this bed's much better than my previous one. I had a great experience with Luma Sleep.

Original review: July 23, 2017

When I searched Luma Sleep in Google, I landed on a site called the Mattress Underground. Luma Sleep is a company that makes a great mattress. It's transparent about their business and treats their customers like family. I had a good conversation on the phone with one of their sales people. With the kind of questions he asked and the things we talked about, I felt confident trying it. My old one was a traditional innerspring and compared to the latex mattress that I bought, they’re like night and day. I sleep better and I'm a lot more comfortable in bed. All the changes are positive. I've never had a latex mattress and it's very springy but you still bounce around like you would on an innerspring. It’s very cushy and there's no odor. It's a great bed.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The free return, the length of trial time available to test it, and the kind of product they offered, having both hybrid and all latex, were the reasons I purchased. My old bed was worse, but I’m not 100% sure I’m going to keep the bed that I bought. My back and my side still hurts and two nights ago, I discovered a coil that’s poking me. My experience has been totally individual. It’s not their fault that I did not find comfort. I did a lot of research and I’m certain that in this level of mattresses, it’s not that much different. The latex can only come from two or three different places on the planet and it sounds like almost everybody gets their pocketed coils from the same manufacturer.

It all comes down to customer service and being able to pick the combination that might be the best for you. From that standpoint, they did great. The customer service rep has been very good, helpful and accommodating. He wants me to be happy with my purchase, or in general. However, I wish there was a video demonstration on the website, a video for how to repackage if you are going to return it and a video showing how to take it out. If I could see how it was unpacked, it might help me figure out how to repack it.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I bought Luma Sleep’s Latex Hybrid after hearing about the company through a website called The Mattress Underground. A lot of people have vouched for them, and it seemed that their product was really good. The ability to be able to swap the comfort layer in and out was also a deciding factor in my purchase, as well as their PayPal financing. However, the product came in with their boxes destroyed. I did not know what happened, but the product wasn’t damaged.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Three years ago I was in a motorcycle accident. Last year I was diagnosed with leukemia. While recuperating I stayed at the Hope Lodge and they had Tempur-Pedic mattresses. This is a very good mattress but since getting my Luma mattress I've never slept better. Shoulder pain from my motorcycle accident has not awakened me one time. I would recommend this mattress to anyone who wants a very very good night's sleep.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I was looking over at a furniture store and then I went online. I don't really want to spend two grand on a mattress and after reading about the quality of Luma Sleep mattresses compared to a lot of the main brands, it's a lot more comforting to hear that these mattresses outlast those main brands that cost twice as much. When I had a lot of questions, people online would respond to me so they were very simple to work with. I purchased the Slumber System, the pillows and the covers. I never tried latex before but I definitely prefer latex after having Luma Sleep. The old bed I had was a memory foam mattress from Walmart which was at $200. I've been recovering from surgery so it's a little odd sleeping right now. However, I've noticed that I sleep better and feel a bit more rested. It's also a lot softer and easier to get out of bed. It's definitely meeting my expectations.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I had gotten rid of a 100% latex bed that came from Original Mattress Factory so we went to Mattress Firm and ended up getting a Tempur-Pedic but it killed our back. So I started looking on the internet and once I found Luma Sleep, I went to ConsumerAffairs where Luma had a lot of good reviews on so I figured, “Well, we’ll give it a try.” I purchased a hybrid king-size bed with the medium comfort.

The customer service guy, Stephan, was very nice and helpful with the ordering of the bed. The people who delivered it weren't so sure on how to put the base together but figured it out with my husband's help. And it was amazing how the mattresses were all cellophaned and then all rose after they got released. At first, I wasn’t 100% sure if this was gonna be alright for us because my back was still hurting and I ended up going to the chiropractor. But I lay in that bed and am out. My husband and I are so comfortable. It’s like I go to sleep and don’t wake up.

I like the latex pillows, too, but need a bit more of a support mattress, like a different firmness. Throughout the night, I have to flip the pillow or I get a kink in my neck. They told me they would be having different firmness offered here shortly so I was gonna call them and find out if they had gotten these others. But I would recommend Luma Sleep. I've told my sister about it and she was like, "I don't wanna spend that kind of money on a bed.” but I said, “Well. It’s very comfortable.”

Original review: May 6, 2017

One of the owners of Luma Sleep is my friend and he bought my purchases for me. I just gave them my credit card. I purchased two beds and three toppers from them, which we all adore. I wake up and my body doesn't hurt, so my bed has been great that way. However, there was a mix-up with the delivery of my third topper because there was a snowstorm. I didn't want to bother David this time, so I did the online chat with Luma. The rep then called me and my topper was there the next day. It was so awesome. The customer service is so great. One more thing is that the one-year exchange or return policy is so amazing. I told my kids to give it a year, then they can say they don't like it and they could get a new one.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I am so delighted with my Luma Sleep System! Having previously tried 4 different online mattresses, all of which seemed to exacerbate existing back pain & almost giving up in frustration, I found Luma. Steve ** was incredibly helpful, giving generously of his time to help me find the perfect solution for my painful back. I began with the basic mattress and later added a 2" plush top. I have much reduced back pain, sleep superbly and often cannot wait to hop into my bed, knowing just how comfortable it will be. Thank you, thank you. I hope others who may not have had a good first - or second - online mattress experience, will try once again... or better yet, find you first!

Original review: April 12, 2017

I was initially concerned by the lack of information after being duped by a S brand mattress company. I honestly really love my Luma mattress, it's very comfortable, supportive, breathable, and shows NO signs of divoting 4 months in. I really can't recommend it enough.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I found Luma Sleep through Google and decided to get the Hybrid because of their return policy. It was very simple to setup and everything's been positive. It's comparable to my old bed but this one is nicer than I expected. Overall, everything went very smoothly and I've been happy with that.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I first came across Luma Sleep on some mattress message board at a dorm site. It was the least expensive latex inter-spring hybrid option that I could find so I purchased one via their website. The main part of the site itself for shopping and doing the research is fine but it was a little spare when I got to the checkout part. There were limited things that I could do, like I had to call separately to have two forms of payment.

The bed was delivered a lot faster than I thought which was nice, though they told us it would be about two weeks and it came in about one week. However, I was supposed to get some further notice beforehand that it would be delivered or that it was ready for shipment, which I didn't. Still, it was fine since I happened to be working from home that day. Also, if one emails their generic contact which is info@lumasleep.com or help@lumasleep.com, the responses are either lacking or non-existent. Nevertheless, my old bed was crap while there's a lot less motion transfer with Luma Sleep's mattress.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I first ordered a memory foam mattress online from Loom & Leaf that I had to send back because it wasn't comfortable. Then we got this latex hybrid from Luma Sleep and it's exceptionally comfortable. It comes with a year return policy which we'll see if we would need but offering it was a nice comfort. Also, their customer service was exceptional and very accommodating. Each time I called, the same person, who identifies himself as Defano and who tells me it's his father's company, answers. I like the configuration that they built. I've been sleeping better.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

I went on the internet and Googled “mattresses” and “reviews” and I found a review of Luma Sleep. We have a latex mattress on our boat we really like and Luma Sleep, turns out has latex in it as well so I looked into it a lot and read everything I could and decided it was my preference over anything else I saw. We bought the highest end of the set that has a three-inch topper and absolutely love it. I’m now sleeping better and more comfortable the bed. I like it exactly the way it is and my husband likes it but he's still getting used to the medium firmness because our old bed was a little softer than that.

The whole thing was a great experience. If I went on the website, then a person would chat and answer questions right away. There was no pressure and they were very attentive to getting what I wanted. It happened over the holidays so there was a little bit of delay with delivery, but that worked out to be better for us because we were having carpet installed and didn’t want it to come until after that. I’ve been telling all of my friends about it.

Luma Sleep Company Information