La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
3.74/5
Based on 3,647 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

Looking for a good furniture store?

6719 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a recliner that we bought 2 1/2 years ago. I was getting ready to buy more from La-Z-Boy when I noticed a hole being worn in the leather when it reclined. This hole was not visible when chair was in upright position. Upon investigation, we found that the hole was caused by a staple that was not fully embedded into the wood, a problem since construction. Contacting the store did no good, they are independently owned and not interested in servicing previous customers.

The company, however, was quite concerned and helped me to find a leather refinisher and paid the fee charged by the refinisher to fix my chair. I am more than pleased. They did an excellent job, and since the leather was no longer available, it was the only option. The repair looks great...not even visible. It took a while for this to be resolved, but as I stated, we are very pleased. My husband loves this recliner, and he now has many more years of use. I appreciate the Customer Care department of La-Z-Boy. Only reason for 4 stars was the response of the La-Z-Boy, independently owned store.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

La-Z-Boy South Florida Location. I was extremely happy from the moment I walked in the door of La-Z-Boy on our schedule appointment. The store itself was set up nicely. We were greeted right away and welcome came from friendly lady who wore a big smile who we let know we were here to see, Keith ** (Sales Consultant). We sat down with him and talked about our design goals, our differences in design style my husband and I had in mind. He listen carefully. He explained the interior design process and the interior designer who would be assigned to this project to work with us.

During our talk with Keith the interior designer who was actually scheduled on his day off stop by to meet us anyway. (It really cannot get any better than that.) Short pleasant and briefs we met. Well, it did gets better. We had send floor plans for our project early in the week to Keith to provide to the interior designer. After making some furniture selection Keith asked the store manager to assist him since our designer was not available at the time and guess who that was... It was the friendly, warm and pleasant lady who greeted us in the beginning. We now know her as Nadia ** (Assistant Store Manager). She did a floor plan for us, assist with colors and fabrics selections for our chosen furniture. The layout was confirmed with the interior designer when he came to the home to field verify the process began. Yes, it continue to get better.

Today’s was delivery day. Nadia and Keith BOTH came along with the furniture delivery personnel. We felt very special they made sure every piece of furniture purchased set-up accord to the floor plan, Nadia and Keith were very hands on. They left once they knew we love the set-up and it was what we had expected. It was better than expected. Customer service was outstanding and totally over the top. Shoutout goes to the entire A Team at La-Z-Boy who made our vision a reality. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had an almost 10 year old rocker recliner that was coming apart at the side arm frame. A little over 2 weeks ago, I called La-Z-Boy to see if there was anything that could be done. They asked me to send in a few photos before scheduling a service person to come to my home. After a few days, I got a voicemail that I would be receiving a full credit of the purchase price of the original chair. After having 3 other people listen to the message to make sure my hearing wasn't bad, I called to confirm. Cassandra, the representative did confirm that they would be in contact with my local store to issue the store credit. Not an hour later, I got a call from Elizabeth, at my local store, inviting me to come in and have a look around, and also gave me the store manager's name, Darren, in case I needed a manager for anything.

We went and selected a new chair, and it was delivered a short while ago. Chicago was hit by a pretty good snowstorm last night, yet Javi and Armando were able to deliver my chair 30 minutes into my 3 hour delivery window. That's pretty impressive! My whole experience has been amazing, and I could not be more pleased with the service your employees provided, from the 800 number to the delivery guys...100% professional. Thank you La-Z-Boy!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I looked long and hard for a leather motion reclining sofa for our den. Of course complete and real leather furniture is quite expensive ~ so when the salesperson showed me a Tyler motion reclining sofa that was made with a "leather look and feel" material in the style, color and size I wanted, I was delighted with my purchase. HOWEVER, in about 18 months the material showed obvious cracking in the cushions. I had purchased the extended warranty and contacted La-Z-Boy.

I was beyond pleased when Chris (store manager) and Jerry (salesman) told me La-Z-Boy had experienced problems with this sofa and no longer carried this product. They gave me a full credit for my original purchase and I selected a new sofa. One of the main reasons I purchased from La-Z-Boy in the first place was I thought they stood behind the products they sold. I'm glad I did... The Florida store certainly did stand behind the product and customer. I'm looking forward to receiving my new (all leather this time) sofa.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Thank you La-Z-Boy!!! Last week after almost 16 years, my trusty chair fell completely apart. This is no ordinary chair. Because of my health conditions, I live in my chair - I sleep, eat, watch TV and read in my chair. The only time I am not in that chair is when I am on the computer and here in my desk chair or the other all important bathroom throne. These last few days have been awful as I have played Goldilocks trying to find a comfortable solution until the repair guy could get here.

Today was that glorious day! Within an hour, he had diagnosed the problem and had replaced almost all the moving parts and had added springs to the back that had broken earlier. Thank GOD, La-Z-Boy has a lifetime warranty on their framework and moving parts. I did have to pay $140.00 - $80.00 for the house call and $60.00 for the labor. It was well worth the cost as otherwise I was looking at close to $1,000.00 that I don't have to replace the chair or more than that in a monthly rental for a hospital bed that would have taken up most of my living room and wouldn't have been as comfortable. So thank you GOD for this wonderful gift I got today. Now, maybe I can sleep tonight and get my back to stop hurting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

UNSATISFIED - I will never purchase anything else from La-Z-Boy. I call because the seat cushions on my 3 seater living room sofa was starting to get access of material balls (just like when you wear a sweater). Even though I purchased the extended 7 year warranty, I was told that that material is not covered. The coach looks awful, it looks old after 1 1/2 years of purchase.

I was told to get a shaver and shave the access material, I have never heard of anything like this before. I thought that in purchasing the extra warranty that if the material on the coach starts disintegrating or ruins, it would be covered. Now I have to do the job that a tech should have come to assess the damage and fix it. This is the reason I will never purchase another thing at La-Z-Boy and will not recommend it to anyone else I know. I will make sure that I put this review on your website so that others will know in case they come across the same issue.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

We bought a very nice couch from La-Z-Boy about 2 years ago... In December 2018, the reclining mechanism on one side of our couch stopped working correctly. We called the La-Z-Boy warranty service and a repairman came, look at our couch, ordered parts to be delivered at our house, and left. The parts arrived not long after that, but sat in the corner.

After finally asking my wife what we were supposed to do she told me that we were to call and tell warranty that the parts had arrived. I thought she was going to do it, but found out later that she hadn't so I called, only to find out that there were no times available. I called again in April, this time having a conversation with warranty where I found out that there was no service tech and that I could have have my couch picked up for service with no return date -or- be placed on a waiting list. I chose the waiting list option.

Recently I decided to call again after not hearing anything. After an extended conversation with warranty, I was again told the same thing. After ending the phone call still on the waiting list, I decided to call La-Z-Boy's main number. I spoke at length Kelly who promised to research and return my call. Kelly call today, but did not have any different information: In order to have my couch fixed it must be removed from my house for an open ended period of time. This is the couch for our family room, we use it to watch TV.

With the way our home is arranged, this is our only couch too. So La-Z-Boy is going to take my couch and leave me to sit on the floor. This is hand down the most unacceptable situation I can think of. The warranty says repair, replace, or substitute. After eight months I think La-Z-Boy clearly shown that they will not honor the repair portion of the warranty. I doubt La-Z-Boy will replace my couch so all I can say is: Thanks for nothing! If I had wanted this type of treatment, I could go to Ashley or furniture row...and I would have paid way less. I thought great service would have come with a La-Z-Boy but I guess not. At this point I will never buy a La-Z-Boy again and I will advise ANYONE I know not to buy La-Z-Boy either.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

As stated on their website "highest standards for quality, comfort, and durability outdoors as you’ve come to expect from the most powerful brand in furniture, La-Z-Boy," however, when we reached out to customer service they stated since it wasn't torn they will not honor their "highest standards of quality". The chair is less than a year old (only used for 5 months since we get snow in the winter and the furniture is wrapped and stored over the summer). I sent photos of the cushion and how it basically lost all support and they stated they were "unable to process your claim due to cushions being warranted for ripping and tearing at the seams only."

So basically their durability and high standard only covers ripping and tearing. The cushion itself can lose support making the chair useless and they can remove themselves from their commitment to "high standards and quality". What a joke. La-Z-Boy has definitely lost their ability to provide a great product. I will never purchase nor recommend this company ever again. A lot of money purchased thinking we get high quality - joke is on us I guess!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My comments are not directed to the store, they are directed to the factory.... Quality of materials and workmanship OK. I would suggest that someone take a close look at the backrest on your recliners. They don't look like they would resemble the back of a human being, maybe a CAMEL. They may look pretty and maybe even fluffy and soft. Where is the back support?? Comfort is not slumped over with your chin on your chest, nor is it healthy. Why not use the same high density foam in the back rest as the seat and arms?? The electric headrest, when adjusted all the way back still puts my chin on my chest. It serves no purpose. The seats are too deep. I am 5-10 with a 30'' inseam and need to use a pillow on a $1200. chair. I did that on my old $300. chair!!

Another suggestion for future design options; When I scoot my backside forward to get out of the deep seat, the chair tilts forward, lowering the front of the chair. This makes it much harder to get up. Think about an optional stabilizer to keep the front of the chair higher WHEN NEEDED... At this point I am a disappointing customer.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

GARBAGE! $1974 for a leather couch. After 22 months of using it to watch TV at night, in a home with no kids, the material on the footrest is splitting. A stitch on one cushion was broken through the leather and is splitting also. Don't be fooled by the La-Z-Boy reputation of years gone by. Their current stock is junk.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs