La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
3.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

6454 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

STOP AND READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE ANY LA-Z-BOY PRODUCT!!! CUSTOMER BEWARE. I purchased a sofa, chair and ottoman less than 2 years ago and the frame on the sofa is already broken! I live alone and the furniture has been hardly used. I specifically purchased the set because of the brand La-Z-Boy which has always stood for quality and customer service. This is no longer that brand and La-Z-Boy no longer stands behind their product. When I contacted the store I purchased the product from they informed me that the warranty issued by La-Z-Boy only covers the material and no longer covers the labor cost. They also informed me by the time I pay for a repair (if even possible) of the frame it would cost as much as a new sofa!!

I then contacted La-Z-Boy knowing they would stand behind their product...their brand and what it USED TO mean. Well that is not the La-Z-Boy company of today. They responded with a WE DON’T CARE form email and informed me that I would need to pay for any repairs to the store where I purchased the product from... In short they don’t get involved and they don’t care. I obviously will never purchase another product made by La-Z-Boy and I hope this review saves at least one person from making the same mistake I made. Save your money and DO NOT PURCHASE A LA-Z-BOY PRODUCT!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased a sofa and love seat after a year and half the cushions started to sag. I called to get new foam inserts. My cushions were still under warranty so they replaced the cushions inserts. Now the cushions are worse than before. I paid a lot of money for my furniture and it is awful. I asked what the company could do for my situation and the answer was not much. Very disappointed in La-Z-Boy furniture.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I went into the Montgomeryville store yesterday looking for a couch and found one that I liked. I have a chair at home I'm trying to coordinate the couch with. I asked to bring home the sample of the fabric so I could look at it next to my chair, and they wouldn't allow it. I offered to leave my credit card # and told them that I would bring it back today - still not good enough. How am I to buy a couch if you won't let me bring home the fabric sample? The salesperson Carol who was very nice and understanding said if I ordered the couch and didn't like it when it was delivered I was stuck with it. Carol tried with management to let me take the sample home. No luck. Sad.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

So disappointed in the loveseats I bought. Piece of junk. The fabric is all wrinkled over, very uncomfortable. The rollers for the recliner went bad within the first year. The foam has gone down, no support for back, or bottom. The frame is loose. I would not recommend buying La-Z-Boy. Years ago I would, not the same workmanship anymore. Sad.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I ordered 2 La-Z-Boy Eldorado High Leg Recliners from my local Slumberland dealer at the end of August 2018. I was told that they would be 6 weeks out~ which was supposed to put my order in about now. I received a phone call from the retailer last week informing me that we would be ANOTHER 6 weeks out. When I asked why, they said they would find out. It took over a week to get an answer, and now we are pushed back ANOTHER six weeks, which now equals 12 weeks out. If there is a manufacturing delay on these chairs, why don't the retailers have access to that information? I have sold my other chairs and am now sitting 'chair-less' thru a family event, and quite possibly the holidays.

I would think a retailer as large as La-Z-Boy would have better communication with their retailers and customers. By not telling us what was happening with this order, it makes the retailer look bad as well as corporate and it is not terribly convenient for the customer either. I am really disappointed in how this has transpired. Quality products are worth a wait, but I wonder how long I will have to wait for these chairs that have had a half down on them (over $1000) since the end of August.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Can't write the whole story again. Leave it as a poorly build $1800 recliner with inferior parts broke after 14 months and your "best in the business" warranty will cost me $150 for pickup and delivery to your Dallas location and then $125/hr for the repair which I bet you will figure out how to turn a 15 minute job into a 2 hr minimum. Your customer service at LB Int'l as well as the local franchisee is the WORST in the business. In fact your LB Intl service rep lied to me. They said they would DEFINITELY get back to me by THIS Friday and that was THREE WEEKS AGO!!! I did not read your guidelines and I do not care what they say. The truth is all that matters whether one likes it or not. I spent untold hours trying to resolve this and at this point I need to do ANYTHING else in life! See ya!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

La-Z-Boy power recliner quit. 6 years old. Lightly used by single person. Imagine it is a power supply issue. Can only source via La-Z-Boy. $109 for service call -three weeks out - that I must pay for now. Assuming it is a power supply issue, (and repair person has one in hand) additional $155.00 charge and a whopping 30 day warranty. Meanwhile, stuck with chair with foot-rest raised - in the way and totally unusable. What a racket! Buyer beware!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought a James right side loveseat with a left side chaise. The loveseat broke twice and they keep having to order parts. I paid a lot of money and thought I was getting a quality couch but it appears I got a nightmare instead.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased La-Z-Boy Crandell Recliner Aug 2017, by Oct 2018 the recliner was useless to me. $80 for a service charge and $60 an hour for labor, after 17+ years of having multiple La-Z-Boy recliners, I am putting it out on the curb Nov 2018 to have it hauled away as junk. I will never buy this product again, just a waste of money. This company should be ashamed of themselves for selling a product for almost $1000 and delivering a piece of junk.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Purchased recliner 4/2017 along with furniture protection insurance. Filed claim 9/2018 due to chair "sinking" as you sat in it. Claim denied because they claimed not manufacturers defect which it obviously was. $400 chair should not have broken down at 1 1/2 years when only used 3 hours day. Will not purchase any future La-Z-Boy merchandise nor shop at Badcock Furniture. Poor customer service and an attitude of could care less. Purchasing the insurance appears to be a scam.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Complaining about manufacturing levels (or, lack thereof). We bought these custom made recliners Sept 2017. I called in March of 2018 because the backs were sagging and the seat cushions were imprinted. Service came out and said for us just to fluff the back; unzip it and pull all the stuffing up and fluff it up. That is ridiculous for a new piece of furniture. I complained on their website and was answered: (holding my nose here) "They have met La-Z-Boy manufacturing guidelines." In addition to those irritants, now the color of the fabric is actually RUBBING OFF on the chair arms. When you vacuum the chairs, there is no padding below the fabric, so you scrape the frame each time! I have a Flexsteel LOVESEAT and it is perfectly made; quality construction and the frame is padded so you don't catch your vacuum on the fabric each time you clean. Very angry and feel betrayed by this company. Sales were wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

When we purchased our furniture on September 28, Christina ** advised if we seen an ad with a better price to contact the store. I contacted her on October 4, as there was an advertisement advising free delivery. She advised she would need to talk with the manager. She called me back and advised that the purchase had to be that day. I advised that is not what she advised me and she stated she understood and that there probably would be other customers upset too. She advised she was not aware that it would not apply. I believe La-Z-Boy should have to stand behind what their salesperson conveys to customers. It may help if they are properly told what is covered and not and convey that to their customers.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Loved La-Z-Boy products because they have always sold us on the Lifetime warranty as a selling tactic. We have a Sofa, 2 recliners and recliner chair. Spent big bucks for what we thought was quality and great support behind the product (wrong). Our big boy recliner is failing from workmanship and when we checked about the warranty we were told that the parts were covered but the labor and transportation were not. Labor is $125 hour plus transportation (outrageous). This was not told to us in when purchasing these items. We had a smaller recliner that required repaired and they fixed it at N/C so no reason to think that lifetime warranty was as stated all covered. Buyer beware on the warranty. We will certainly reconsider future purchases and will advise all our family of the same moving forward. It's sad that our recliner didn't hold up and the rocker mechanism is falling apart.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I drove 60 miles & special ordered a recliner from William ** the store manager at the NY store in Latham. I waited 8 weeks for it although he initially told me it would be a 6 week wait & drove back 60 miles again to pick it up. When I got there, William ** was not there and the recliner was in the wrong fabric. I refused to take it and demanded my money be returned, which it was. I am extremely disappointed, to put it mildly, that the store manager couldn't get this right. I will never do business with La-Z-Boy again nor will I recommend them to others. There is no excuse for this. I wasted two days on this... one to order and the other to pick up. I'm extremely upset with you. I expected a quality product from a quality company and received neither.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

About me: I am a 71-yr-old retired professional female, 5'4-1/2" tall,160 lbs. I am unmarried and live on a fixed income. My working career spanned 50 years. I assumed the role of property manager for the 10-unit senior condominium where I live in order to earn a little more money. My work here is 24/7. Events: On 12/19/17, I bought a special order burgundy leather electric rocker recliner from the Pensacola, FL Lazboy store: Style 1HR512, Base Cover LB133409. Total cost was $1,666.20. My lovely chair was delivered on 01/29/18.

About 03/31/18 I called the local store and reported the following: (a) The stuffing IN THE BACK had collapsed and was becoming very uncomfortable; (b) The stuffing UNDER/BEHIND THE KNEES had collapsed, putting pressure on my knees; (c) The chair jerked sideways and up and down when opening to recline and when closing to arise; (d) The chair "dinged" when I rocked, which was very annoying; (e) The back and seat portions when opened, could slide apart when changing positions. When that occurred, a gap of 4-5" existed under my bottom which exposed sharp metal parts, which was dangerous when the TV clicker (or any other object) slipped through and I reached to retrieve it.

On 03/31/18, two gentlemen from the Mobile, AL Marks Furniture came and examined and photographed the chair. The stuffing collapse was obvious. They advised that I would hear back from them or the local store in a few days. 04/06 or 07, 2018, Jessica, the local Customer Care Representative, called me to advise that I would be receiving "a new CHAIR BACK" soon via UPS or other. The Mobile store would call and arrange a pick-up of the chair and take it back with them for "repair". Three or four days later I received a large bag of foam and a small bag of foam!?? Jessica's voicemail said she was on vacation for a week and to leave a message. I left a message and waited.

On 05/08/18, the Mobile store picked up the chair and the two bags of foam and left. They returned my chair on 05/23/18. We (the Mobile team and I) noticed that the leather was quite loose over the stuffing under the knees. They offered to take it back and try again, but I needed the chair and suggested I give it a try since it was "home" again.

After a few days or so, the stuffing in the back and under the knees began to collapse again. On 07/17/18, I called the store and again left a voicemail that the back and the padding under my knees had again collapsed, and asked that someone call me back as soon as possible. (I have NEVER had a human answer the phone when I call this store.)

By July 27 when I had still not heard back from anyone, I posted a negative review online. On July 28 I received an email from Jessica wanting to schedule another service call for August 1(someone with La-Z-Boy had obviously seen my complaint). I told her I was at the point where I believed it was best that I request a refund. She asked that we try this again. I was unavailable on August 1, but we agreed to a service call on August 8, 2018.

August 8, the Mobile crew showed up and agreed the chair was obviously not in satisfactory shape, and offered to take the chair and try again. I said I preferred to keep the chair until we decided what to do. They took more photos which showed the sagging leather in the BACK and the LEG REST and left. August 10, Jessica emailed that she was submitting the photos and "repair" history to La-Z-Boy Product Support and Warranty and would let me know when she heard back.

On August 10, I received a box of what felt like foam but in fact was a SEAT and FOOTREST portion that is so under-padded that it obviously will not work.(BUT WHAT ABOUT MY BACK portion???) On September 3, I called the store again. Every time I call the store I reach a message and have to leave them a message, which I did. No one has ever called me back.

On September 10, I DROVE to the local La-Z-Boy store and spoke to a young man about the problems I am having getting satisfaction from them. He directed me to a woman named "Ann". I patiently told her briefly about my chair issue and her solution was to write down and give me an email address for another La-Z-Boy employee, Mat **, at **. I tried to tell her that I have been trying since March to get some relief, but she insisted that "Mat" can help me and turned to resume her conversation with another lady. Needless to say I left very discouraged.

Today is October 11 and to say that I am disappointed with La-Z-Boy is a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT! It has been nearly 1 YEAR since I tried out this model chair in the showroom and paid to have one custom made in cranberry leather. I bought and paid what to me was a small fortune for this electric leather rocker recliner. I bought it from LA-Z-BOY, one of the best-known furniture makers in the country. I TRUSTED LA-Z-BOY!

Today I called the local store and left an angry but clean message that I would like someone to call me back as soon as possible. It's been over 4 hours and no one has called me back. I have arthritis and pinched nerves in my neck. I have collapsed discs in my back and see a chiropractic neurologist twice a week. I bought this fine chair because I believed in the La-Z-Boy name and I just knew I was buying the best and last comfort chair I would ever own. Well, that didn't happen... BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Purchased a $2000 leather power rocker recliner in May, 2017. Soon after, it had a mechanical failure (a broken weld on the recliner mechanism), which was fixed at no charge in a very reasonable time period, after one call to the service department. So far, so good. Today (10/11/18) I discover that the leather surface of the headrest is de-laminating and called the same service department. The representative looked up my file, stated that I had not purchased the extended warranty, and blithely stated there was nothing he could do.

Apparently the "Lifetime Limited Warranty" does not cover anything except wood and metal. In what came off as a well rehearsed speech, I was told the leather deterioration was due to "body oils or something else in the house", despite the fact that he hadn't even seen the problem, and despite me pointing out that I have two leather Stress-less Recliners, that the same people have been sitting in, in the same house, for over 15 years, that have shown no sign of similar deterioration. The guy sounded almost gleeful as he told me I could purchase a new chair back for about $500...it was obvious he'd said the same things to other unfortunate consumers before me. Don't know what my next step will be, but I felt I had to at least warn other people not to buy this trash!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Purchased recliner Jan 2017, along with extended warranty. Foot lift broke a few weeks ago. Warranty company claims it's not covered, and La-Z-Boy won't respond to my inquiry. I would definitely think twice about purchasing from them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a small recliner on 5/27/18. There is no padding on the arms so the frame rubs my arms, and I have no doubt this will make for uneven wear on the fabric. The fabric showed wear after only 2 months. I contacted my dealer, and they said they could do nothing. Call customer service, they said. After two weeks and 4 calls, I got customer service to answer. The only thing they could do was to schedule a service call. The service technician came two weeks later. Since then I have heard nothing. No contact at all. La-Z-Boy will not take the chair back, they will not replace it, they will not refund any part of the price.

I’ve owned at least 8 of their recliners. I didn’t even shop around, I trusted their brand. They do not make a quality product anymore. They will sell you the chair, then tack on every single charge they can (such as upgrade fabric, add fabric protection, deliver, etc.), but you are on.your.own. When you get that chair home. On.your.own. The chair I have is cheap. I’ve been had.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I had La-Z-Boy chairs for 12 years no problem. Three years ago we purchased two very expensive leather recliners. On one of the chairs it’s like the leather is rubbing off. A guy called to tell us it would be over $100 dollars to come to the house and check it out, I said that’s ridiculous so I sent him pictures. He seemed shocked and told me it would be $600 to fix it. I said forget it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

La-Z-Boy delivered damaged furniture... scraped and scratched leather and more unseen damage after the sofa, standing up on its arm with no protection fell over. Store said they would "rebuild" it. After thinking about it, no returned phone calls, 2-week lapse in parts ordering, keeping all our money, we decided we did not spend $7000.00 for REBUILT furniture! The poor customer service made us realize that there was no way any warranty would be honored. A week after purchase, our sales rep. tells me that for the next 10 years, I would have to drive 45 minutes to the store to have my leather conditioner bottles filled up and use at least 4 times a year. If any other product used, the warranty would be null and void... one of many facts they do not tell you at time of purchase. READ THE CONTRACT!!! It is very one-sided in favor of La-Z-Boy.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Chair is awful. You can tell it wasn't built well. This is the third time that we'd have to have a repair guy to come fix the footrest. Only my husband sits in it so it's not handled roughly. Cheaper to buy a new chair!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I bought a sectional couch and an ottoman for $5000 with the 5 year warranty 7/2016. The couch itself is great but the material is garbage. After about a year I noticed the leather or faux leather, whatever it is, started to peel away from the fabric. This stuff is as thin as paint. Now it is doing it over the whole sectional and ottoman. I called La-Z-Boy and they told me I would have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. I also called the 3rd party warranty company for the plan I purchased and they denied my claim based on the fact that they don’t cover peeling. So really what was the point paying for something I can’t use? I then called La-Z-Boy back and was still told I would have to pay out of pocket to get my 2 year old $5000 couch fixed.

I was also told by someone in the La-Z-Boy company that this is a known problem. As soon as I mentioned what kind of material I had on my couch they knew exactly what the problem was. I think it’s bs that they will not stand by their product and fix what they know is wrong. There should be more help for something that is only 2 years old other than having to fork out more than the $5000 I paid.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The La-Z-Boy chairs are heavy and well-built and our customer experience was good, BUT - we have been buying recliners for over 40 years and our recliners are the most uncomfortable chairs we have ever owned. We have had the recliners for a year and have tried and tried to get used to them, but we can’t. We contacted our local La-Z-Boy store twice, but got no satisfaction. When we can find recliners that we like, we will be selling these thru consignment or on Facebook. They were very expensive. At this point, we would get recliners from an estate sale if possible. We are very unhappy.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Paid in full for sofa, it was delivered damaged by very incompetent boys at a cost of $400.00. I could not get any answers from them re: type damage after it fell over in the truck, parts ordered, how long would take. No one returned our calls. When we got through to someone, no one knew what was going on. We decided we did not want "rebuilt" furniture for $7000.00. We did not go to " La-Z-Boy Rebuilt Furniture Galleries." Found out later that we had to use ONLY La-Z-Boy leather spray at specific times in order for warranty to be honored. We knew right then we were screwed...they would make up all kinds of excuses to not honor the warranty. All furniture they call "Special Order" and cannot be cancelled for any reason (even if it's damaged). Bottom line: very expensive furniture, very poor customer service. Save your money and go to a consignment store.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Today I visited the La-Z-Boy at Galleria in HENDERSON NV. I needed assistance with a product dilemma that has persisted for 3.5 years and three service calls deep unresolved. My intent was not to deride, sow discord or find fault, but to merely work the problem objectively with the only group that could help me, the provider.

I was met at the door by an older salesman. Being an elderly businessman owning a 43 year old company myself, I felt comfortable with another old school like myself. This was the first stage of disappointment, where my old school salesman went millennial on me and rudely cut my intro short and stated the only help was a 1 800 number. I shared I was all too familiar with that scenario and may I speak to the manager.

I spoke to the manager young Brian who was skittish as a colt at the prospect of having to deal with an issue and as I began to share my dilemma it was as if Deja Vu kicked in as I was immediately and rudely cut short as he stated he did not handle problems, that I would have to call customer service 1800 and appeal to them. I expressed my disappointment to him, that a long time customer of 30 years could find such a hopeless disconnect between sales and service. La-Z-Boy is not the company I knew as a trusted old school furniture solution. It is no wonder Amazon is so successful when the sales to service relationship becomes a road kill philosophy. There other more amenable solutions for furniture and I recommend research.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We purchased this sectional and separate loveseat last February-delivery in March- and within 1 year's time had OVER 5 service calls for the cushions deflating. The cushions were replaced (except for the chaise section-which they wouldn't do) only to have them deflate again within 3-4 months. The fabric became very loose & wrinkled, became paper thin and then ripped.

We went through the Ultra Shield Protection Plan to get that repaired - only to be told now that they would NOT repair/replace the sections they already did because they already did it ONCE. It didn't matter that it is a 5 YEAR policy!! We are NOT overweight people that these cushions should become so deflated in such a short period of time and now that the 1-year warranty period is over by La-Z-Boy, they won't cover any replacement/repairs without charging me --even though it's been a continuing problem!! This company used to be such a reputable company for their quality furniture-obviously NOT anymore!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We ordered a couch in November of 2017. It was delivered in late December. It had damage to the back panel. Called Service at 214-631-1813, was routed to Valerie (M through Z). She sent a furniture repair man to the house to do an assessment. He left with no instructions. A package with repair materials arrived at the house with no instructions. I called Valerie back a few months later asking what the next step was, she indicated that "I was supposed to call when the materials were received." I had no knowledge of this and as this is not a primary residence but where my senior mom lives. Anyway Valerie indicated she would send this to scheduling. I heard nothing.

I called to 9/24, left a voicemail again. Valerie called back, in my voicemail I was clear that I was frustrated. She called without looking into the details so I had to talk her through the story again. She said she is letting scheduling know and that I would hear back in 48 hours. I told her this was the most frustrating experience I have ever had with purchasing something of value and asked if there was anyone I can escalate this to? She replied No, that I could go to www.la-z-boy.com.

Wow - I am so upset. I wish I could send the couch back and get my money back. So now I am at the mercy of waiting 48 hours for scheduling to call me back and my only recourse is to call Valerie who has failed to get the new couch repaired in nine months...this was a couch bought after my mother's house was flooded in Hurricane Harvey. We have rebuilt the house from the studs up in less time than it has taken to get this couch repaired. My complaint is that there is NO ESCALATION or review process on the completion of service order!!! She indicated that there were calls to my phone with no answer, I have checked my call log and voicemail and have found no calls from the Dallas number or voicemails. Any recommendations?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I purchased this recliner from store that is closed now and no help is offered. The recliner is made in colored leather and the pieces my hands and back of my head have discoloring to the leather. I did not purchased the warranty for leather, but was told this would not have been covered anyway. I was thinking of trying to dye the leather myself and even if I ruin it I do not care as it is ruined already. There are other things bad with this chair but the main thing was discoloring of leather. I do not use hair products or hand lotions as they stated this was my problem. I would never buy any item from La-Z-Boy as they do not back the items they sell.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I purchased a La Z Boy double reclining sofa four years ago. About 1 year ago I complained to the store from which I purchased it that the “Renew” leather was peeling where the seams meet. Since then the seats have begun to crack and peel. 4 years is a rather short time in a pricey piece of furniture’s life to be looking shoddy. This sofa has been used by adults only.

I was told that coverings are not part of the warranty and I could call La Z Boy and see what they would say. They said they could send someone out, at my cost, to see if anything could be done. It is quite obvious that the only remedy would be replacement. I know they will say it is not something they will replace for free. I refuse to have it replaced with the same crap that is Renew. The stores that sell this junk should be less aggressive in their support of such an inferior product. I will never buy La Z Boy just because they sell such junk, which is a shame because the bones of the sofa are still good. If anyone from La Z Boy wants to reach out and make this right, go for it!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Purchased a recliner in late 1999. Mechanism broke in Jan 2018, dealer charged $250 to repair. Broken again in August. Want another $250 to repair. Escalated to Corp. They refuse to warranty, offer $200 voucher on new chair. Lifetime warranty does not seem to be for a lifetime. I will not buy another La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs