La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
3.57/5
Based on 849 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

6386 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We bought a leather La-Z-Boy recliner and the additional coverage on the chair due to its high price and electrical components. The seat is showing wear with normal use after only a couple of years. When I contacted comfort care they said the chair was showing excessive wear due to friction and the cost of replacing the seat would be over $600. The additional coverage appears to be just a way to generated revenue not to help customer. I would also say that the quality of the La-Z-Boy chairs is definitely declining and that's not our first.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I brought 2 leather couches La-Z-Boy which I thought was a good brand!!! In 2013 When we first got it the repairman came out to fix little tears in leather but never fixed it right. Over the years different things happened. The recliner wouldn’t work and the leather was wearing thin. I spent over $4000 for this set and looked to have it awhile. Now I have to throw a blanket or something over it when company comes. Its looks disgusting!!! Look at these pics. Will never buy La-Z-Boy again and I will tell everyone I know to never buy it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased several pieces of furniture... It was electric. Within 2 years the back are loose and not level with each other... Normal wear and tear they say... That's pitiful. The back flops back and forth. It cost me 150 dollars for them to come tell me that for them to fix it back like new would be 500 dollars for labor. Parts are free. That's a joke. So every year I have to pay 500 dollars to get the furniture back not to flop back and forth. DON'T BUY La-Z-Boy.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Back in November of 2017 my spouse and I went to buy furniture, it was our first time at any La-Z-Boy store, and we both liked the product we tested on the showroom floor. We sat down with a salesman and placed the order, we were assured that the leather we picked was in stock, and then it would take 45 days to build the furniture and have it shipped to the distribution center in Atlanta. Well 14 days after we placed the order the salesman calls to say that the leather we picked that he assured was in stock was out of stock and that we would need to pick another leather. So the one we picked was an upgrade and it was no additional cost, good thing the cost was already high.

So 45 days go by, we're now at over 60 days since placing the original order, and we get a call that our furniture was ready so a delivery date was set up, the furniture arrives and it was not the one we ordered, it was a different style, leather was all wrong. Basically nothing was right. A call was placed to the store where someone said that the salesman that we placed the order from was off today but that he would send our concern to the district office. Well after several calls the district manager, a guy who identified himself as Daniel said he was going to make it right, and placed the order. This is now that third order for the furniture we wanted. Now we have to wait another 45 days so we're on the calendar for over 100 days since the original order was placed.

So 45 days later the call comes in that the furniture was ready, a date was scheduled and the correct style was delivered, but it didn't have the controls we picked some 145 days ago, so again Daniel was contacted and this time he assured that the order was going to be correct, so now another 45 days and we get a call that it's ready. The date was set and the furniture was delivered. This time it was finally correct, it only took La-Z-Boy over 190 days to get the order correct.

The outcome was correct but something that for the money that was spent on the furniture should have been correct the first time around not 190 days later. I would not recommend La-Z-Boy to anyone, go find the furniture at another store, you will find the same product by the same maker at a lower price, so shame on me for allowing this to go on for so long. This is a buyer beware. And this was my only experience and it will never happen again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Kudos to La-Z-Boy! After 20 years our couch finally needed to be retired. We bought a new leather couch. Within 6 months the vinyl between the cushions started to crack. They were going to fix it under warranty but we asked the store if we could reconsider our choice of leather as it was very hot to sit on. The store said no so after sending an inquiry into head office they gave us full value store credit. They just delivered our new couch, loveseat, recliner and end table and we still have some store credit. We are very pleased they went out of their way to make us happy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered a love seat based on the online measurements. The love seat was 4 inches shorter than advertised. The store sent a tech to measure and he agreed with our measurements. A week later we had to call and find out the status of the techs report. The store wanted to offer us $400 and keep the item. (The item was over $2000). I insisted on a store credit. Finally they agreed but would only do it with a 30% restocking fee. Meanwhile we still have the chair. Have called back 3 times and beyond frustrated!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This used to be a great company! I guess they decided that profits were more important than quality and customer service. We paid approx $3,000 for 2 recliners. After less than 2 years we found the cushions "collapsed" and our backs began hurting. Contacted Customer service and were told that WE were at fault for not "servicing" the cushions. Long story short... I fought this and La-Z-Boy gave us a refund to be applied to couches with "memory foam" so this would not happen again. They charged me an extra $1000 for the upgrade. We got the couches and they certainly offer better support. However, they won't recline without using every muscle in your body AND assistance from someone else. We will probably give away these brand new couches and accept our loss of $4,000. Years ago, companies had pride in their products and were concerned about their reputation. This is NOT the same company as it used to be.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I bought 2 loveseat La-Z-Boy recliners back in Nov 2005... paying over $1000 ea. which included fabric protection and the recliner was used most often. Then to my surprise, my carpeting which is light beige had severe black marks from the reclining and since you moved out of the area that I bought them at I had no way of notifying your company as I was without a computer at the time of purchase. I am in the process of dumping both of these recliners and will never buy from your brand ever again. I also bought a lounge recliner for my husband and 4 marble tables. I spent almost $5,000. and back then, that was a lot of money. I am 83 yrs old today... my husband has passed and believe, I tell people my experience with your product. They can chose whatever or from whomever that they decide to purchase their goods... but I always want to know what my carpet looks like today. My stains cannot be removed and my carpet is only 9 yrs old.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

From the initial sales botching the delivery, to the store manager having an attitude and could have cared less about my business....to the absolute WORST delivery experience EVER I have ever had. I wholeheartedly and sincerely tell anyone who wishes to purchase furniture to put in an RV to STAY AWAY from La-Z-Boy or at least this store in Henderson, NV. I spent $3000 here and wished I had never walked in the door. It was only by a miracle of Angels that the delivery was made...and no thanks to the absolute rotten attitude of the delivery team. They spent more time telling me what they were not going to do...instead of just doing what was asked AND on the sales contract. STAY AWAY people.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

In January of last year I purchased a motorized leather recliner from La-Z-Boy on Layton Avenue. The chair was $900 at half price. I also purchased a $140.00 Five year warranty that protected the leather and the “electric motors and mechanisms.” Three weeks ago I pressed the button to raise the leg portion of the chair and heard a terrible grinding noise. The chair jerked to the right with another grinding noise. When I lowered the chair back to a sitting position the grinding continued and I hear a piece of plastic hit the floor. The plastic piece that fell off looked like it covered something. I called La-Z-Boy Comfort Care to ask about my warranty and was told to contact Ultra Shield. They told me to send them a copy of my sales receipt. I had the La-Z-Boy store on Layton Avenue fax the receipt.

On July 31 I got a call back from Ultra Shield telling me my warranty only covered the leather not the motor. It clearly states on the warranty that the motor is covered. I went over to the La-Z-Boy store and they called Ultra Shield who told them the same thing. It seems the receipt had the wrong code listed. After much discussion the Sales Manager at the store said they would confer with Ultra Shield and get back to me. It is now August 4th and I have heard nothing. I am going to take other action like seeing an attorney, contacting the BBB and Social Media as well as Fox Contact 6. Please share this because it is obvious La-Z-Boy warranties are good for nothing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I paid in full in June 9th, after 6 weeks, I called and was told my order was forgotten so I now have to wait until the end of September. So pretty much more than 3 months waiting and customer service was very bad. You got my money fast, where is my furniture and why do I have to wait 2 more months to receive it? What a Rip off. You should at least have the decency to call me and let me know, but NOTHING, just nothing.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

It seemed like all of the other furniture stores wanted to sell me those most uncomfortable couch at the most outrageous prices. Oh, but it's a high end couch that looks nice. I don't care. I just want it to be comfortable. La-Z-Boy met my requirements: Comfortable couch, low price. Delivery people were efficient. The sales person at the Tukwila location was very professional.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Bottom line a complete nightmare experience for a defective but beautiful leather recliner. Something uncomfortable is in the seating cushion making it extremely uncomfortable to sit on. They sent out a serviceman who is 6’5” or better and probably 250 weight. He sat in chair taking up the full space side to side and felt nothing! We can sit in the chair without feeling it and reclining takes two to push back. In the process the delivery men dented our steel entry door in two places. I have a legitimate complaint number to customer service but delivery company will NOT honor it. Can you believe this. La-Z-Boy customer service reads from scripts, talks in circles and pushes back every which way. The store manager now involved and today offered $300 credit to pacify us. NO resolve on door damage to our steel door yet. Can’t understand how a company can be this unresponsive to two valid issues!

Original review: July 29, 2018

Purchased two powered reclining couches. Cost me $3500 for both. As you can see in images fabric has either worn through or paper thin. The couches were purchased 03/2016. Fabric warranty I believe is only one year. Very disappointed. I was expecting better quality from a trusted manufacturer.

Original review: July 28, 2018

My husband and I just experienced the most amazing experience. We had three rooms that needed done. Our home is very difficult because of design and space. The designer came to our home and took the time not only to absorb what we needed, but captured our personality and taste. When it came time for the presentation our sales consultant and designer were beyond courteous and professional, we felt like we were in our own home, not a sales showroom. Our home is being transformed. La-Z-Boy Galleries has exceeded all expectations.

Original review: July 27, 2018

As I have never been in this particular store, I have unfortunately done business with this company. My husband and I were easy sales about 3 years ago, as everything in our home was white and not a good mix with kids and dogs! We picked out of new floors. Even opted for the better carpet and have never wished we could go back in time more!!! We felt completely misled by our sales rep as nothing went the way he prepared us for. We had multiple installation problems, installers coming late or not a all for repairs and even one installer who showed up and just simply said he didn't want to do the job so he didn't. I will say after several phone calls and appointments we finally got the carpet and vinyl floors we were completely happy with!

BUT, sadly it did not last. About a year half later the gaping of the poorly installed floors got too much for me to bear and an daily used threshold came off. We called and they did send some installers out to fix that and a couple other issues. BUT, sadly that did not last. About a year later the gaping came back and the same threshold was no longer attached. They had someone come out to inspect our complaints and we got approved for a reinstall. We picked our product and agreed on real painted white wood quarter rounds. We thought everything was straight forward.

Early this month the installers came out, on time, and started working. I checked their work pretty closely given my past experiences and one installer even told me I was "difficult to work for" which really kinda floored me (no pun intended) and I kinda stepped back not wanting any of frustrations taken out on his work. After they leave it looked good and the quarter rounds were white but didn't look like painted wood... My suspicion were confirmed when my 3 year found a scrap piece (of quarter round) and asked me what is was... compressed material with basically a white sticker around it!

I called, complained and it took more than one attempt/message to get Charles the customer service manager out of the Baltimore area not to call me back but actually answer his phone. We started communicating and after a couple phone calls we set a date last to fix those quarter rounds. That day comes, I have my schedule cleared, I have my garage set up with a window ac unit running and fan for my dogs, I have activities for my two kids, we wait the time period and beyond and no one comes and no one shows up. I'm upset.

I call into the call center to complain. (Still from that date on I have not heard back from Charles or anyone else out of the Baltimore office that I have left messages with...) Through the call center I set up a new appointment for the next day. Same scenario, I was like, "Alright. I'll keep the same game plan." We were waiting, schedule clear, home activities planned, dog cool spot set up... and NO CAME AND AGAIN NO CANCELLATION CALL! I called the call center again and they said emails will be sent out and should hear from corporate. I never heard from corporate. I call Baltimore again. Haven't heard back... I call the call center again and was promised that everyone involved was included in the email and everyone in the corporate office she and someone should get back to in 24 hours but it was after hours... I am still waiting... I know feel like I have wasted my money and I know I have wasted my VALUABLE TIME!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have never been so disappointed in the quality of a sofa. In Oct 2015, (not even two years old) -- we purchased a Collins Sofa (610491455) at this time, the entire frame is falling out of the bottom of the sofa. It is the worst quality and I am so disappointed in the craftsmanship of this piece. We treat our furniture with the utmost care and when the frame started to squeak, you can feel on the bottom that the frame has come detached from the inside. Then, to call and find out we have to pay almost $200 just to get the sofa looked at -- is absurd! I will be sure to NOT recommend La-Z-Boy to friends, family and even strangers. Pure disappointment that this company sells just poorly made sofas.

Original review: July 24, 2018

After much contemplation on what couch to purchase, we finally decided on this beautiful gray leather motion couch at La-Z-Boy. It came in with a scratch on the back which they will be replacing. In one month's time of having the couch the dogs have put several scratches in the leather. We have had many pieces of furniture and never have had scratches like these. It is so disappointing. They have been sending me back and forth to store to customer service to Guardsman Protection. I am afraid my over 3000 dollar couch will have to be covered up completely to keep it safe. Would not spend this kind of money on something that isn't going to stand up to a small dogs nails. UNHAPPY!!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Bought 6K worth of furniture from them in January 2018 and have had nothing but problems with the recliner (2K) since it was delivered. They could have just replaced the part but wanted to send the repairman and I'm now sitting here for the third time with a repairman and this is getting ridiculous. Third day I've taken off work for this guy to be here and there's still no guarantee that it will work. I will never deal with La-Z-Boy again. Their customer service is truly lacking once they have your money. I could have went to the Brick and paid half the price to get crap furniture. To anyone reading this, save yourself the headache and hassle, don't buy La-Z-Boy!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have bought La-Z-Boy for at least 50 years and have 5 in the house at this time. I hate the La-Z-Boy I just bought it and it's like I have to sit up straight or feel like I am falling out of it. I bought it at the furniture mart in Sioux Falls st. Is there any buyers satisfaction guarantee? I never needed it before.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Customer service abysmal. The recliner we purchased less than 6 months ago has already started squeaking. Workmanship is poor. The upholstery is buckling and bulging, way too many pleats. Very bad for the price. Do not buy!

Original review: July 17, 2018

We purchased a reclining sofa that was defective. I went into the store where we purchased the sofa and was told that they would have the service department call us. They never did. We called service direct and was on hold so long that we left a message. They never called back so after a week we called again... twice. They never called us back. I called the store and spoke to the manager. He told us he could not help us. I finally got through to their customer service and the woman hung up on us. La-Z-Boy employees and company overall is terrible. Their product junk. Now I'm stuck with a defective sofa that I paid $1660.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My $1,775 recliner has squeaked since the day it was delivered. Customer care takes a week or more to respond even though their message says 24 hours. It takes a trip to the store before customer care responds. Repairs are only done on Thursday mornings. Repairmen have been here twice and the squeak has been joined by another spring creaking sound. Manager Eric ** said he'd take care of me. When I requested a new chair, after the "second repair", Eric said he will once again contact customer care. If I don't hear back in 3 days, call again. They don't seem to want to resolve the problem, only keep putting me off.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Let me explain. Went to showroom, found chair I wanted, chose color, I will take it with me... "No. We will have to deliver." Delivery date was a week later. I said, "No. I will pick it up." Customer not allowed at location where kept. "Deliver it to store and I will pick it up here." "Loaded with deliveries and we cannot work around it, must be delivered as loaded on truck." Delivered on the date and charged 100 dollars for delivery. Color correct but not the same chair I picked out. 100 dollars to pick up and 100 dollars to receive correct chair. I waited till warranty ran out so I can tell this story and you will know I am not looking for something for nothing. Fabric was treated for stain resistance and guess how much... 100 dollars for the chemical. Tell La-Z-Boy and guess the reply... "Tough. The invoice said what to do as directed by salesperson and cannot be altered." Kiss my PTSD ** La-Z-Boy. You suck.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I contacted customer service several times and sent them photos of the chairs - 4 of them at $749.00 each. The fabric was treated with stain guard. Each of the chairs has buckled fabric on the arms and the fabric is pilling and they have not been used much as we took delivery considerably after the purchase as our vacation home was not completed yet. They have hardly been used and they are already looking cheap and old. Less than one years worth of use!!!

I have purchased your products before and never had an issue. I am really not happy. The customer service rep said that the technician has 15 years of experience and would know what the problem was as he is a trained professional. She said to go to a drug store, buy a cheap shaver and shave off the pilling - OK - but what about the buckled fabric. I am a designer and my clients come to my home and see these. So - what does this say about your products and what kind of an ambassador will I be if this isn't fixed?

Original review: July 13, 2018

Purchased a recliner for $669.88 on Apr 16, 2016 with an insurance policy for an extra $75.00. Not even a year into this purchase the fabric started bubbling on the part that rises up for the recliner and a armrest. Not even a heavy use area on the chair, just started bubbling up, sort of detaching from the underlying fabric. The bubbles then started to tear since they were not attached to the underlying fabric anymore. Stopped into the same La-Z-Boy store where I purchased the recliner, and go the number for customer service and spoke to them. They were not helpful. Said they only warranty for 1 year. Called Guardian Warranty to see if they would fix the chair, but they can't give me help because it was not accidental damage, it is considered a manufacturing defect. So, now I am stuck with this ugly wound on my chair that La-Z-Boy is not standing behind in any way. Crappy furniture and a negligent company that doesn't stand behind their furniture.

Original review: July 12, 2018

We bought two Beckett recliners for $1250 each. After 2.5 years of normal use, the fabric on one of them started deteriorating. The fabric warranty is only a year, so it wasn't covered, but the store did send us $80 towards a slipcover to hide the damage. Very disappointed in the performance of this chair.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Went online and purchased a Loveseat from La-Z-Boy. After making the purchase I get a call saying it will take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. I was shocked but if that's how it is that's how it is. It took the full 6 weeks. I have to wonder. Do these people know what year it is? It says online that about half the charge will be taken at the time of the order and the rest upon delivery. They took the whole price all at once. Their "white glove" delivery people came across as fairly rude. When I finally got the seat I was and am very unhappy with the quality of the build. The cloth is not very smooth. Lots of wrinkles and uneven lines across the top of one of the seats.

When I checked into the return policy after only a few hours of having the seat I find you have only 3 days to make a return with a possible 30 percent restocking fee. There will definitely be a 30 percent restocking fee which is a ridiculous several hundred dollars. You can only return for an exchange on another product, not to get a refund of any of your money. Conclusion... La-Z-Boy is not what it used to be and I will never do business with them again. I would not recommend wasting your money on any of their products.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Groton Store - Many thanks for a professional and satisfying shopping experience with both Richard on 7-9-18 and Sam on 7-10-18. Very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this store to others as well as the sales staff. We are looking forward to the arrival of our furniture.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We just had the best experience furniture buying in Woodbury, MN at the LaZBoy corporate store. We were buying a lot of furniture for our second home in California. We told Janell right away that we had to have it delivered to CA and wondered if she would get the commission. She said no but would be happy to help us because she wanted us to be happy and future LaZBoy customers. And we are! She helped us pick out all the furniture and made arrangements with a store in Temecula, CA to have it delivered when we needed it. I can't tell you enough how wonderful she was and what a asset she is to your company. Hopefully she can be recognized for her outstanding work.

Not sure about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

La-Z-Boy Furniture gained its fame through its signature piece, the recliner, in 1928. Over the past century the company has expanded and grown. It now includes offerings from tables and sectional sofas to spas and hot tubs.

• Affordable prices: La-Z-Boy is known for its moderate prices, and it also offers sales and special discounts from time to time.

• Modern styles: La-Z-Boy maintains a constantly revolving inventory that takes into consideration timeless decor as well as the season's trending colors and fabrics.

• Design tools: Customers can visit the La-Z-Boy website to take advantage of the design tools available, found under the Design Help tab, including a 3D room planner and pictures of fully furnished rooms for inspiration.

• Local stores: La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries has brick-and-mortar stores across the country where you can see and feel pieces firsthand.

• Customer care video series: La-Z-Boy has created a video series showing customers how to operate their most popular products and perform routine maintenance for when they need a little extra help.

• iClean™ technology: La-Z-Boy's innovative iClean™ technology repels spills before they can turn into stains, making it an ideal choice for homes with pets and/or kids. Find iClean on most La-Z-Boy styles. Choose the cover of your preference for a fully customized experience.

• Best for: cost-savvy shoppers, families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

LZB
    1928
    www.la-z-boy.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business