toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Sharon. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 14, 2017

I ordered my furniture after an in-home consultant came to my house. She gave me suggestions for color and fabrics. My order was delivered when promised. I had a small issue that was taken care of promptly after I called it in. I have been very satisfied with my furniture and would recommend La-Z-Boy to a friend.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Jo Ann, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We can't wait for you to receive your new products as well. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 3, 2017

We had a very pleasant experience at the La-Z-Boy gallery. There was a lot to choose from and we had no problem deciding what we wanted. Our salesperson was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend this store to our friends. We are getting anxious now to actually get them.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Gloria. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: March 27, 2017

It was 40 years ago when I last bought La-Z-Boy furniture. When I bought a new house, none of my old furniture will work and I also wanted a recliner. My sales representative and the delivery people were nice. Lauren also helped me a lot and when I bought additional stuff, I bought it from her. I paid for a lot of it and they had to keep it until I could get the house ready to accept the furniture. I made the bedroom set out of chests that I bought there. And it’s beautiful, I love it and I’m very happy. I’ve been using it and doing very well. I’m not even beginning to get finished with the house. I intend to go back to look for accent pieces. It’s a little expensive but, sometimes, if that’s what you want, that’s what you pay. I would certainly recommend the store to anyone.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Mary, Thank you so much for posting your review. We are sorry to hear of the concerns you had. Based on our recent information we see that this has been resolved. If you have any concerns in the future please let us know. We are happy to assist. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I purchased the above area rug (Area RUGS TORRANCE TC-8) last year for $467.49 & pad for $76.49. This is the SECOND RUG we have tried because of the wrinkle creased into it. IT WILL NOT COME OUT AND LOOKS HORRIBLE. My daughter has purchased area rugs this large for less than half the price and HER AREA RUG DOES NOT WRINKLE! I want something done about this as I just had spine surgery and do not want to trip over this huge wrinkle.

I spent $6,555.83 CASH at the Tualatin Oregon store ON MY ORDER. On the RUG PAD INSTRUCTIONS, IT SAYS: FOR USE ON "HARDWOOD" FLOORS. The decorators came into our NEW Apartment before we moved in and KNEW we had carpet in our living room where the area rug goes. So they sold us the rug PAD anyway.

My new Pinnacle power lift chair gives shocks + moves without controls being activated. I have heart valve problem: caused heart irregularity. I was stuck in chair when it stopped working. La-Z-Boy issued RECALL notice but I wasn't advised.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everything was a pleasant experience with La-Z Boy. I recently purchased a sofa and a chair from them because my old furniture of 10 years was already bad. La-Z-Boy's sales representatives were very helpful and patient. Also, their delivery team was fabulous. Our La-Z-Boy furniture is terrific. Excellent quality!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Sheila. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding the delivery. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 13, 2017

We bought a lift chair from La-Z-Boy. Comfortability, price, and necessity made us choose them over others. We spoke to the manager and she was perfect. She did everything. We were in a time constraint. She worked really well with us and took care of us completely. We scheduled home delivery. My mom lives in a condo and there was a restriction on what time to deliver, but La-Z-Boy took care of the whole thing and they were nice about it. It's only been a couple of weeks and so far, so good. She loves her chair.

The only thing was we paid $100 to have the chair delivered. I spoke to La-Z-Boy and said, “That's a lot of money for chair delivery.” The manager went to explain that they'd pick it up. Then it went Cherry Hill, then from there, the chair would go off to my mom in Philly. She is 91 and was not conditioned, but when the chair came the men said, “We don’t move anything. You'll have to move everything.” We weren't asking them to take 20 pieces of furniture and move it to another room, just asking for a room shift. My mother’s aide ended up having to make the room for the chair because they refused. They were tipped on top of it, and I said, “Why would you tip them if you're spending $100 and they refused to do anything except deliver the chair?”

They said, “For the $100, those guys could slide furniture over.” That was my only complaint of the whole deal. That was one of the reasons that I could’ve gone to Nebraska but I went to La-Z-Boy because they said they could take care of everything. Everything else is perfect but that end of it was a little disappointing. But it's done, and my mom's enjoying her chair.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Patty, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 12, 2017

My sectional was delivered by La-Z-Boy the week before Easter. We got it because our other furniture wasn't comfortable and we hated it. We dealt with two different sales reps and they were awesome. The delivery team had it in and set it up. They were very courteous and clean. The furniture costs more but I know we'll have it for a longer time than the other things we had. The quality is great so it's worth it. When people buy cheap, they get cheap. Overall, we're very happy and we'll use La-Z-Boy again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Diane thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 11, 2017

Purchased La-Z-Boy leather recliner in April 2014 from Art Van in Novi, MI. About a year later the leather on the headrest began to discolor. Called Art Van and they sent someone out. He told us it was not a flaw in the chair but was from the oil in our skin. He spray-painted the chair, told us it would never be covered, and left. We called La-Z-Boy and they said because we bought it from Art Van they stand by Art Van's decision. Now most of the chair is discolored and Art Van still stands by their decision. I wouldn't buy another La-Z-Boy ever. Not that they care. Paid $750 for a chair that looks cheap. That's La-Z-Boy... cheap priced high. They used to be good. Now they sell junk! I realize nothing can be done now, but it took this long for the chair to discolor so badly just about everywhere, even where our skin doesn't touch. Never heard of anything so stupid.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Tracie thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 11, 2017

My husband and I purchased a custom leather sofa and loveseat. We waited 7 weeks for them to be built and finally delivered. When they arrived, I noticed that the loveseat armrest had a few scratches on it. Since they all recline (power sofa and manual loveseat), I opened all of the footrests up to inspect further. On the loveseat, I noticed one of the stitches connecting the bottom of the footrest to the rest of the leg rest was not completed and was hanging loose. I immediately called the store. The manager was not available, but I was assured she would call me back. I then started inspecting the couches more and noticed on the sofa that there were spots on the leather where it looked like it was peeling near a seam. In addition to this, the backrest of one of the seats on the sofa looked flat and was hardly stuffed, causing the sofa to look a bit lopsided. Not to mention like it had been sat in for 5+ years.

I notified the store again of these things and finally heard back from the manager. I took pictures of everything and sent them to her. The service people called me to schedule a person to come out to my house to look at the issues and evaluate them. Three weeks later (due to not being able to take time off of work to meet a service technician - they only come out Monday-Friday and call you the night before with a 2 hour window) they came out and here is what needs to be done. The armrest on the loveseat needs to be replaced due to the scratches. The complete seat/leg/footrest needs to be replaced on the loveseat. The armrest on the sofa needs to be replaced and the back cushions on the sofa need to be filled more. All-in-all, we were looking at another 4 weeks for these parts to be built.

I further started looking at the sofas and found three more issues. On the loveseat, the other footrests stitching is coming undone and looks like there is a popped stitch (it has only been sat in twice). On the sofa, one of the footrests makes a clunking sound when opened and is not appearing to be closing all the way. The same footrest looks unfinished where I can see the white cushioning. In the middle backrest of the sofa there are three small tears in the leather near the stitching. I emailed the store manager and she forwarded my email to the service center. I called them today and they informed me that my parts would be due into the warehouse in 2 weeks. And that my sofas would need to be scheduled to be picked up to be brought in to do the repairs. I told her that there were more issues with the sofas and as she was jotting them down, she kept cutting me off. I asked for a supervisor, and she IS the supervisor.

I asked her what else could be done for us and she said if there are more problems, then we can look at replacement. I have spent $7300 on two sofas to be custom made and should not have to be having repairs done to them, let alone new parts placed on them. We will be without any sofas when they are taken in to be repaired so I will be sitting on $7300 worth of air while repairs to brand new, custom made couches are being done! I always thought that La-Z-Boy was some of the highest quality, and an added bonus is that it is made in the USA. After my experience I have changed my opinion. Are the couches comfortable? Yes. But a brand new sofa that has been custom built never should have passed quality inspection and released to come to the consumer in the manner ours did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My parents have had La-Z-Boy my entire life and we know from our past experience that it was of good quality. The sales rep was very patient. My parents were the ones that financed the sofa, and they bought it for my boyfriend and me. It took multiple trips because we were moving apartments and we didn’t know what our new apartment was going to look like. We went four times before saying, making our purchase to make sure that it would fit and that we both liked the one that we were choosing. The delivery team was very nice. They called when they were 20 minutes out and then they called when they came in our complex. They were workhorses. They ran this thing up the stairs and did a great job.

We have a problem with one of the sectional pieces. One of the brackets that the nail goes into to hold the sectional together was put on too tight, so the nail doesn’t fit in. I called them yesterday, and they were willing to work with my schedule. They're coming out on Saturday to fix it. The cost of our La-Z-Boy is spot on. It's a little bit more expensive purchase, but in the long haul, it's going to be something that holds up. Before this, we had a couch that my parents purchased from Macy’s. While I liked the couch from Macy’s, you can definitely see some wear and tear, and it was so heavy. With the La-Z-Boy, even though it is a sectional and you need to break it down, the whole piece together isn't nearly as heavy as the other one was, and the quality is much more present.

Factual basis uncertain

I purchase a La-Z-Boy 3 piece electric recliner and a manual Loveseat recliner in February 2016. I left to my summer home in May and returned in October. In March of 2017 I had to call in a service call because the cushions were sinking so bad. Within a month of the service call which entailed fluffing the cushions it was back to the same uncomfortable sinking feeling. La-Z-boy used to be great furniture. Now they are overpriced, low end JUNK. I will never purchase La-Z-Boy again, it looks and feels great in the showroom but it fails within a year. They no longer use springs they have 2 bands across the bottom of the cushions that don't support any kind of weight and I only weigh 170 LBS. If you're going to spend $5000 shop and find something worth it.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Scott, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 10, 2017

We had La-Z-Boy for ten years now and we got a new sectional to replace a different chair. The sectional is great and comfortable. Their sales representatives were good and very helpful. We scheduled a home delivery and the delivery team was fine.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Rich, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the associate. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 9, 2017

We had our third purchase with La-Z-Boy. We've been married 30 years, and we've had La-Z-Boy for at least 25 of that. We started out with a chair and then went with a loveseat recliner. What we bought now is for our new house. We went to Wenz one Saturday and my wife didn't like anything there, so we drove up to La-Z-Boy in Cranberry, and they were extremely helpful. They put it on a computer and she could see the colors, fabric, and all that stuff then she picked what she wanted. Everything worked well.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Martin thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 8, 2017

I recently purchased a new couch from your El Paso store on 3/25/17 which was finally delivered on 5/5/17. My complaint isn’t about the time frame as it is with some of your other reviews posted, this was disclosed to me at the time of my purchase. However my complaint is about the service I received from my sales rep who is also your store manager Matthew **, upon telling him that the electric recliner and USB port does not function properly, even after the delivery guys did some troubleshooting themselves (i.e plugging into different outlets/switching power box) nothing resolved the problem.

It saddens me that you do not think enough of your new customers. Your manager Matthew **, tells me that there is nothing he can do and that I need to call customer service to schedule an appointment with the service tech which will take another week. Also that “I should understand that the couch is manmade and that mistakes happen”, he continues to tell me, “You’ve never made a mistake”. Wow, this is coming from someone who knows that I am in the transition of moving into a new home ready to be furnished with your products, your lack of customer service is something I have never experienced by Lay-Z-Boy or any other company. I responded by saying, "Of course mistakes happen although if I promise quality products my product would be tested prior to delivery."

I further explained to him, he sold me on the quality of product and commitment to service, although Matthew nor La-Z-Boy represented this commitment well at all. I asked for his manager's name and the number to the corporate office. He says “I don’t have a manager and that I need to call customer service to report my complaint, but that he would do me the favor to call them to set up an appointment for the repair tech”. Your company was quick to call me to collect the other half of my money and threatened me if I didn’t pay, my delivery date would be pushed back. By the way I paid in cash for everything. It shouldn’t matter if your customers have $1 or $1 million. You should be treating them the right way. Without your customers Matthew ** would not have a job.

I have come to realize La-Z-Boy and Matthew are not truthful, all I am asking is that La-Z-Boy live up to their promise. “We strive to inspire — to help you discover quality products that work with every aspect of your life. Whether you choose a stationary sofa, sectional, or recliner from our full motion collection, you can be assured that each piece reflects your creative vision… as well as your need for value and comfort”. I am trusting that Matthew is a honest man and La-Z-Boy is a honest company, and that my complaint is not ignored because I am upset and you are hoping I will just go away. The treatment of this company and your employees has made this more about a couch not working proper, but a client service issue. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Anne, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I like the services that La-Z-Boy provides. Carly was wonderful and she was helpful in the design. They're patient and helpful salespeople, not just Carly who we primarily dealt with, but while we were talking, another associate overheard us and said, "Have you considered this?" Also, they had the pieces that I liked. I liked the print of the chairs and the little table was adorable. I haven't seen that anywhere else and the price was reasonable. I did not go with the couch even though Carly showed me a sectional because we found one that was more comfortable and we had a very strange space to fix. The one that fit from La-Z-Boy was less comfortable than the one we ended up going with. But it was still a pleasant experience.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Michael thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 8, 2017

I was a loyal La-Z-Boy customer; however, I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and disappointment with the unethical, unfair, and unprofessional manner my recent purchase at La-Z-Boy was handled. On Saturday, April 29 I visited the store located in Pembroke Pines, Florida, to purchase a new La-Z-Boy chair (Sales Ticket #**). This is my third chair purchased from La-Z-Boy, and the last purchase was in March 18, 2006. I've enjoyed the comfort, durability and quality of my previous Chaise Recliner-Rocker.

Based on my previous positive experience, I visited the store and chose a similar chair to the one purchased in 2006. The sales associate was not very helpful in explaining the features of the chair, warranty, etc. This was not a problem for me, as I was already familiar with the high quality and comfort of the La-Z-Boy recliners. I sat in three different recliners and found one that was large and similar to the chair I had at home. It was spacious, comfortable, and fit my body size. I bought the chair based on my satisfaction and previous knowledge with the high quality and reputation of the La-Z-Boy product - an easy sale for the store!

The Sales Associate David ** entered the details of the recliner in the computer, and I agreed to pick up the chair Tuesday, May 2nd from the warehouse to save on the additional delivery fee as I am on a fixed budget. Tuesday morning, I had an appointment with my surgeon and learned I required intensive surgery which is scheduled for May 17. This is another reason why I made the purchase, so I could recover from my surgery in the comfort of my chair. With the operation on my mind as I went to pick up the recliner from the warehouse, I did not realize at the time that the recliner I picked up was NOT the one I selected in the store. The description was entered in the computer incorrectly, except for the color. That evening I realized it was not the large recliner I selected in the store and was much smaller and uncomfortable for me.

The following day, Wednesday May 3, I returned to the store to speak to David, but he was not there. I spoke to two salesmen in the store and explained that the chair I sat in and wanted was not the chair entered in the computer, and subsequently not the recliner I wanted to buy. I requested to have the chair returned and exchanged as I was within the 3 days allowed for cancelling the order. I was told at that time that the manager would call me the following day and a note made that I did return to the store within the 3 days grace period. Needless to say, the manager did not call me as promised. Instead, I attempted calling three times to get the recliner issue resolved.

Finally I made contact with Usha. She was not very helpful, very rude, and told me I was at fault for picking up the recliner from the warehouse if it was not the one I selected and paid for in the store. In addition, she told me I would need to pay an additional restocking fee. At the time of picking up, I was more concerned about my upcoming surgery and was not focused on the size and comfort of the chair. I did not sit in it to make sure it was comfortable, or that it reclined. Furthermore, Usha told me that she was unable to pick up the chair and replace with the one I picked out in the store for the same price, as she would lose her job, and that this decision would need to come from corporate.

As a repeat customer, I am writing to request a resolution to what has been unethical behavior and extremely poor customer service. This was a mistake made by the sales associate and I should not have to pay any additional cost to fix it. I would like to have the small recliner that was incorrectly entered in the computer at the store, picked up and replaced with the larger one that I sat in, and is comfortable for my body size that I picked out in the store in the first place. I hope a La-Z-Boy representative contacts me with a speedy resolution prior to my scheduled surgery.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Kristina thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 7, 2017

Buyer beware. These people are only out for a sale. They care about nothing else. I went in and bought a bunch of accessories and then came down with the flu. I had my doctors note. All the tags and merchandise were still wrapped yet instead of 3 days return policy I brought back 9 DAYS LATER. I called corporate and the manager of the store was supposed to call me... Still hasn't. I should’ve brought it all back with my positive flu test and made them all out sick and miserable for months. It's ridiculous you can't bring back an unused item and it's all because they make commission off your sale. You ARE NOT A PERSON. YOU ARE A DOLLAR $$$.

I applied with my husband's information as it was a part of my total income. Little did I know he would be added and the man did not explain this to me, just put me at the machine and that is that. Later he called and took my husband's name off although he is still on the account which is illegal. They were not willing to work with me or take ANYTHING back. SCAMMERS and will be reported to BBB as I called corporate and she assured me she'd contact the store and they'd be required to call me... They also hasn't.

FFFFF as a business. DO NOT BUY HERE. Go to Ashley who understood my situation and took everything back 24 day later as did HAYNES. I lost my job and have an angry husband so looks like they won't be getting paid. They didn't want their stuff back although I offered to pay the 20% restocking fee. Oh well I learned my lesson and I hope you heed my warnings about this store. PS I WON'T BE PICKING UP A PICTURE I ORDERED.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Joe, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 7, 2017

I replaced a 17 year old La-Z-Boy chair and I love it and its quality. For such a big guy and for a La-Z-Boy to last 17 years, I wasn't buying anything else. The sales representative was a nice and young gal. She took us around, showed us the different styles, functions, and found the best one for me because I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. The delivery team was very nice, professional and two hours early from the recorded time that I got when they delivered. He called me and said, "I'll be there in 15 minutes." And I said, "You're a little early. Luckily, I work 15 minutes away." Although it wasn't a problem, but might have been for someone else. Altogether, everything was professional and great.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

John thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 6, 2017

While we were shopping for a new recliner in your Whitehall, PA, we were ignored by many of your salespeople. We found it very interesting customers came in the door and were greeted by salespeople right in front of us and we were not at all acknowledged. This is disgusting and unacceptable. Note: The salespeople didn't even try to stop us as we walked out the door oh and the couple who they were fighting to get to, left empty handed soon after us. I have no idea why we were ignored. You lost a sale and I thought you should know.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Mary thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 6, 2017

I have had this chair brought from La-Z-Boy Furniture 185 631 Mall Ring Circle, Henderson, NV 89014 07/04/2016 and had to have the cushion fixed once and now it’s bad again. It took them a long time to get it fixed the first time. Not happy with this chair as it hurts my back.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Alaric thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 6, 2017

I spent $5000 on a couch on Feb 11th, and guess what? I still don't have my couch! I have called several times and been promised to call back and have received 1 call back which told me the couch wasn't there yet and they would call me when it was. No apology even! I called to speak with the manager today, who was not available because they were on a break. So, they were supposed to call me back right away when they were done. Not even the Manager will call me back! This is terrible! It has been 3 MONTHS, when I was told 6 weeks. Apparently my couch is there now, but they won't even deliver it this weekend because the warehouse needs 2 days to unpack it?!?! Horrible customer service. The Richmond BC La-Z-Boy location is a complete mess, can you help me?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have some friends who had purchased La-Z-Boy furniture recently, and they were pretty happy with the whole process, the warranty, and their service in general. So I got a chair and a half, an ottoman, a sofa and a couch from them. It was my first purchase but my family has used furniture from La-Z-Boy in the past. The sales rep who I worked with wasn’t too pushy. We came in saying that we were looking for some living room furniture and he pointed us in the direction of what was on sale. We took that and it pretty much covered the entire store. Then we found the sales rep when we were ready to make a decision. My girlfriend was at home when the furniture pieces were delivered. She had no complaints, which was good because she’s pretty picky.

We’re happy with the quality of our La-Z-Boy furniture. So far, so good. They’re pretty comfortable, as well. We have a large dog in the house and while we try to keep her off the furniture, we know it's inevitable when we're gone during the day. So we put blankets over the actual seat cushion and if it does get torn up, we have the warranty. But I always want to prevent it any way I can.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Kristy. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. We are sorry about your experience at one of our store locations but very happy to hear that you were able to have a great experience at another location. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 6, 2017

We were at a La-Z-Boy store in San Bernardino around Friday and the manager and saleslady told us pick out what we wanted. Since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I needed to be able to get up and down with ease, I chose the recliner. They said that it wouldn’t fit in our Forerunner, so it was going to be shipped instead. The saleslady ordered it and charged my ATM card, but then she said they’ll know the following day if it could get to our house before my surgery on Tuesday and I couldn’t wait to know until then. My husband and I were completely exasperated. They re-credited my charge, but the funds were going to be on hold for three days. They were really evasive and rude.

The manager at that San Bernardino store was about 25 and no more congenial or helpful. They might work on a commission and he was in the process of making a sale, so he did not seem to care about what was going on with the young lady that was trying to close us. She looked 22 and was Spanish-speaking. She'd be able to help the Spanish-speaking clientele that came in there, but she was not knowledgeable at all. She had to keep asking him questions and it seemed like the manager was perturbed. He had to walk her through the process of giving us a refund. When we returned the purchase, it should be done in a particular way, but it was like we were an annoyance. I would never go into that store again.

We could have went somewhere else and even though the price is a bit out of control, I had my heart sold on that chair. If not and we had more time, I might have said, “I'm not gonna buy a La-Z-Boy, because these people were so rude and they didn't even know their own product.” My husband called another La-Z-Boy in Rancho Cucamonga, California and the representative was super helpful. She had my husband go pick it up at where they're made or stored and they took it apart. The employees at the other store didn’t even know that. They could have sold us the chair and disconnected the back part to fit the truck.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Pete thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 5, 2017

I purchased a leather sofa with the two reclining end sections where the back of the middle section can be folded down for a snack tray with cup holders. Back in October 2016, something in the reclining mechanism broke, so I called to get the sofa serviced. In November, a service technician came out to assess the problem, determined that parts of the frame and reclining mechanism needed to be replaced, took some photos, and sent in a request for the parts before leaving. He said I would get a call to schedule when the parts came in. After many weeks, I called the service center for a status, and learned that the part had arrived some time ago. I didn't bother asking why they hadn't called since I wasn't all that annoyed yet. We scheduled a date for the service tech to return to replace the parts.

When the tech arrived, he opened the box of parts and found that they had only ordered half of the items that he had requested, so he had to leave with the repair only half completed. He checked his notes and confirmed that he had requested the proper parts, and sent in a follow-up request for the missing parts. We are now in January 2017. In February, the tech returned with a box with the missing parts, or so we thought. After checking, he found that they had failed to include the fasteners necessary to attach the part properly. He said he thought it should be an in-stock part and that I would get a call soon to reschedule (again). When I didn't get a call, I just assumed that the part had to be ordered after all, but after many weeks, when I called the service center for a status, I again found out that they had had the part for some time. Now I'm annoyed, mostly at myself for not having learned my lesson from the last time.

When my two-hour service window came and went, I called and was told that they didn't have me scheduled. It should be noted that the way their service scheduling is done is you can only get a service date when you call, and then the day before, they call you with the time slot. I didn't find out how they managed to lose my appointment in only one day. This is now in April, half a year since I first called. The last time the tech was scheduled to appear, near the end of my window, I found out that the tech was running way over and would be at least a couple of hour late. Since I had a kid's event, I had to reschedule yet again. Since I had been scheduled for the last call of the day, I wanted to avoid the same situation by getting the first slot of the day. I was told that scheduling for my service date was being done on Thursday, May 5, so I should call then to request it.

I called, and was pleased to hear that they had scheduled me for the first slot of the day even before I had to request it. I just received my "day before" call from them telling me my service time was 3:00-5:00pm, so in one day they had moved me from the first slot of the day to the last. I'm keeping it for now since I don't want to wait another two weeks. I can hardly wait to find out what new screw-up(s) they have in store for me on Monday.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We saw this 10' sectional with chaise at the local store and fell in love with it. The chaise is long enough that my 6'6" husband can sprawl out on. It also seemed firm and we needed that as he has had back surgery and needs a very firm couch. It was pricey so we saved up and used our wedding money to purchase this couch for our new home. We thought it would be a great investment and last for over a decade for sure. After one year the seat cushions were all saggy and the back cushions were lumpy. The fabric - a beautiful blue tweed was stretched and loose. I contacted customer service and they gave us new seat cushion inserts. That lasted about another year. It's been 3.5 years that we've had the couch and it looks like it's 10 years old or more. The cushions are very soft, back cushions still very lumpy and shapeless. The fabric has pills all over it.

We are so disappointed and heartbroken with what we thought was a great investment piece. We paid over $3200 and bought it based on the La-Z-Boy reputation. Now we have to look for a new couch because this one looks so worn and has lost its shape. The frame is good but the cushions suck. Would not recommend investing in a La-Z-Boy couch.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Michele, thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We really appreciate feedback from our customers, as it helps us make improvements in the future. We are glad to hear you had such a good experience with our team, they are truly one of a kind. If you have any questions regarding your furniture, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy!

Original review: May 5, 2017

La-Z-Boy is American-made and of good quality. We wanted lifetime furniture because we're empty nesters now, so we can have nice things. The kids have ruined, stained, and trashed our stuff so now that they're all gone, we don't have anybody flopping on the couch and breaking things. We met Jake, the manager in the Warwick store, and he was very nice. He suggested that we have the decorate department come out and the lady that came was wonderful. It was a great experience during the purchasing and having the home decorator really helped out when someone doesn't know what they really want. She came out to the house, took pictures, and helped design the whole room for us. She put a whole display together and picked out the fabric. Then we sat with her and made final decisions. We took everything she said and made a few small changes.

The guys that delivered the furniture were very pleasant. They called me the day before that they were delivering and that everything was fine. But they called me on the day of delivery to tell me that they couldn't find one of my tables. I purchased three tables which were all in stock on the day I purchased. They came to deliver that day but we got a partial delivery because we had not ordered two of the Allegra chairs until a later time. But one of the two tables they brought looked nothing like the tables that we ordered. They mixed it up so that was frustrating. It was two weeks before they found the correct table and delivered to me. That was another two weeks and that was not desirable either. And when I got one of the tables, the Allen screws were loose. I had to tighten them up myself. But I love the tables. Everything was good other than that.

It's been two weeks since I got my two Allegra chairs and one of the legs was broken and I had no use of the chair since I got it. It was more to do with whoever was at the warehouse or whoever was handling the furniture in between points. I called La-Z-Boy and they were wonderful. They put the ticket in to have the repairman come out and fix that. He tried to fix the leg when they delivered it the first day. He was convinced it was fixed and left. But as soon as I tried to put the chair in place I wanted, the leg buckled under. That was disappointing. They also had sent me the wrong color leg but they reordered me the right color leg and the repairman put them on. I'm glad now the chair is fixed.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Donald, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 4, 2017

I like La-Z-Boy. We've had their furniture in our home for 30 years and recently purchased a recliner, sofa, and loveseat. While I think they are pricey, sometimes you only get what you pay for. However, one thing I did not like was that when they delivered the items, the recliners would not open up because they were hitting the carpet. I bought something and I can't use it as intended. The delivery man then said that I should call their number and La-Z-Boy would send somebody out and fix it.

I called the number and La-Z-Boy said it was an easy fix and they would come out. They asked if I would be available in 35 days. I asked them why it takes so long and they said that they only had four guys that do repairs for them. It's over a month away before La-Z-Boy can come out and I thought that was extremely long to get something that they just delivered fixed.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Nancy. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 3, 2017

I recently purchased a sofa, chairs and an ottoman from La-Z-Boy. It was my first time buying from them. Their reps were not on top of us all the time. They allowed us to have some space to look around but definitely made sure that we knew they were available if we had any questions. We're very happy with the quality of their products and the cost in relation to it was very reasonable. I love the free service of having the designer come out and help me pick out fabrics. That was a fabulous bonus. We were able to make sure that what I was choosing was definitely going to be a good choice for the room. We scheduled a delivery after picking out what we liked and I had a good experience with the delivery team.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Jennifer thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2017

We placed our order, paid for it per the terms and waited the 6 weeks they told us we'd wait. It wasn't until we called to inquire about the status that they told us it would be another TWO MONTHS before we'd get our furniture. Be honest if you aren't going to be able to fulfill your commitments. It's the least you can do. Terrible service. I'd never, ever, shop your brand again. I'll be sure my friends know as well.

Original review: May 2, 2017

My Pinnacle Power Recliner XR purchased a little over 4 years ago has had several repair issues and my location now has no active repair service available. Spent more money for this purchase hoping for a product that would last, very disappointed. My time and money would have been wisely spent to purchase a less expensive chair and "use and discard" rather than have a product that did not last and cannot be used as intended.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Ron thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: May 2, 2017

I special ordered a couch and sofa through La-Z-Boy showroom store. The quality of the chair is outstanding, however the couch was made poorly. There are uneven gaps in the backing of the sofa, and the couch does not feel as solidly as but as my chair. I have contacted La-Z-Boy, no response. I would pass on the sofas, but buy the chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Michael, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a piece that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I recently bought a recliner from La-Z-Boy. The one I had was getting old. I walked into the store and told the representative what I wanted. She was informative. She showed me around and there was one that was on special. It was perfect for everything I needed it to do. It's good furniture and it's been working so far.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Profile