toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, John. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 7, 2017

Recent Rowan recliner purchase-My first purchase of a recliner and at a LA-Z-Boy store. Store personnel extremely helpful in helping me sort through the options and advising on covering type and options based on my input. Never felt rushed. Chair arrived by scheduled date and delivery/setup was flawless. Chair leather is great looking and chair is fabulously comfortable. Would definitely recommend and will buy again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much, David! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new chair as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 7, 2017

Happy with chair. Just had knee surgery. It has help a lot getting in and out of chair. Very comfortable. Am very pleased with my purchase. I am big man over 250 lbs and have no issues with the chair. Pay more but you get what you pay for. Thanks.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Pat, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 7, 2017

So glad we stopped at La-Z-Boy to look. My husband found just what he wanted to replace his old recliner. I had fun being economical and choosing a chair that I really liked for myself. Anila ** went above and beyond to see that our needs were met and also to help me with color/design coordination. Delivery was completed in good time, for both chairs.

I recently contacted La-Z-Boy about my new recliner and haven't heard back from anyone until I got this email to share my experience. The recliner is only several months old and it already sounds like something is wrong with the wooden frame. Every time I move, it squeaks, and I'm worried it's going to break or something.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Charles, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 16, 2017

That (La-Z-Boy d-709 c107708) is with swivel base. We had it one day and heard a big crack sound and it did not swivel anymore so I went back to home furniture and told them the problem. The next day a service man came and replaced the square frame underneath the chair. He said it might have been built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon when the worker was thinking about other things besides what they were doing. After he repaired it it has been working fairly good except there is a cracking noise in it once in a while. I do not know the reason for that yet. If it falls apart I will most definitely let Home furniture hear about it. I have had problems with La-Z-Boy products before.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Donna, thank you for taking the time to submit your review and share your feedback with us! We're sorry to hear about the extended delivery time, but we're glad everything arrived perfect and that you are living life comfortably. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Actual day of delivery was prompt and efficient. I am however disappointed that La-Z-Boy had me wait 10 days for delivery, after paying with a bank cashier's check (equivalent to cash). We now do business in a computerized world. A 10 day hold on a check that clears the bank in 2 days is archaic.

Due to error, received two different colors. Accepted one and awaiting arrival of second. Store very good in our request to supply head & arm covers due to the wait for the second chair. Dealt with La-Z-Boy for years and will continue to do so.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed a better chair for our son’s nursery and my in-laws have La-Z-Boy stuff so that’s where my husband wanted to go. Their sales representative worked with me a lot trying to figure out which design I wanted on the chair. The delivery of our purchase went well and the furniture is holding up. It's expensive but all chairs are expensive. Our whole La-Z-Boy experience has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

The service was great. We went up to the store one evening assuming that they would be open. They closed at 6 pm that night. The guys said "Come on in and look around." So we spent more than an hour looking and trying chairs. We finally settled on 2 chairs. As we were doing the paperwork, we got to talking with the 2 guys that stayed over so we could look. We apologize numerous times for keeping them so late. "No problem," they said. Come to find out it was the owner and regional manager. How honored we felt. Thanks.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Richard thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Bought March 26, 17. Noticed stitching came loose on front foot pad on the side by the end of May. Worse quality of sewing I've ever seen. I have numerous La-Z-Boys 70's early 2000's and this is the worst I've ever seen my old ones look like new even today. Don't buy this product anymore. Their quality has really taken a nosedive. I think Wal-Mart would have been a better choice. La-Z-Boy is replacing this one part but looking at it I'd say I give it less than six months I'll be calling again. Real junk!!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Maurini, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 13, 2017

We had apprehension when we walked in because of previous experience with aggressive furniture salesmen, especially when they see a couple come in together. We explained what we were doing, just familiarizing ourselves with options and wanted room to do that. The salespeople were extremely respectful of that as we explored the store. When we did finally seek out some help, our salesman was *extremely* knowledgeable about the products and matching our articulated needs with the products available. It's the best experience we've ever had buying furniture!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Maria, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 13, 2017

A very positive experience! Received prompt and courteous service from sales associate Mercedes **. She was so helpful - assisted me in selecting the style and fabric with which to upholster the recliner. So grateful to her! Delivery was within a few weeks as promised. Recliner was brought into LR and assembled with seconds. Friendly deliverymen. All in all, I'm very satisfied with the transaction.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Diane, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Be aware that the full warranty period is three days. I called La-Z-Boy because the fabric on my $1000 recliner is wearing and fuzzing after just two months. This is a chair in the bedroom and is used only occasionally. My service appt was set for today with a three hour window for 10 to 1. At 12:20 I had a call to say they have to reschedule. Really? When he did not report for work, that is when calls should be made. It seems my time is expendable. Poor quality, poor customer service. I really expected better.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Freddy, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a sofa that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have had a La-Z-Boy for maybe about 20 years, and have recently purchased a new one because of their designer Kim, who came out and helped me pick stuff. I'll be doing the pick-up because the unit I bought is not that big. I also liked La-Z-Boy because it’s quality stuff, unlike Lovan, which I hate. However, I always think the stuff’s more expensive than it should be, but that’s just a normal thinking. I’m thinking, “Get a better deal,” but I didn’t worry about it because I thought they gave me a fair price. Also, it’s worth paying a little more when you have someone like Kim that comes and helps you. They’re really great to work with, the manager, the sales people, and the decorator are all amazing in North Olmsted. Even the new guy that’s taking Kim’s place, Michael, is nice.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Alison, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 12, 2017

La-Z-Boy comfort care center and Strongville, OH retail location provided superb customer service. I purchased an expensive section from La-Z-Boy and 1.5 year later the fabric was frayed and shagged. This seems to have just been a defect with the particular woven fabric I had picked out - (I was told they had never seen such a thing at the store level). I contacted customer care with pictures and with zero questions a store credit was given to me for the full amount to purchase another couch. The staff at the Strongsville location also went above and beyond to be sure I was satisfied, even upgrading me to the most durable fabric - free of charge! Spending the extra money on a La-Z-Boy is well worth it with such amazing customer service and willingness to replace my couch.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Ora thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I received my chair as a gift in 2015. It is a grey "leather like" chair, it started peeling right away. I paid for a warranty, however when I called I was told this complaint was not covered although the chair was less than 3mos old at the time (chair was ordered 12/2014 but I did not receive it until 3/2015). Now the chair looks horrible! I have a cover on it however this is not what I wanted. I'm now want to have it reupholstered. Every time I call to find out if they have this service I get the runaround. The chair looks like I've had 20 yrs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Tanya. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding our team. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 12, 2017

My house is for sale and it needs a little refresh, so I bought $58,000-worth of furniture from La-Z-Boy. For their cost, the quality is average. However, their customer care is a zero. We have scratches and dings and dents, things that never came in that I paid in full price that I still haven’t received, and damaged items that need to be replaced and customer care has been giving me the run-around for five months. Sales team was excellent but customer care is terrible.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Tammy, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 11, 2017

We moved to a three-story house in Maryland that had to have furniture. We've had La-Z-Boy furniture for eight years and I bought two recliners, a couch, and a chair from them and I love them all. They're of good quality. We haven't torn up the furniture so that's a plus. The representative was kind and knowledgeable. She helped us pick out the fabric, the colors, everything. She gave me my options and let me weigh them and I was good after that. We scheduled delivery and it was good as well. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My old furniture is 16 years old and it was wearing out in my family room so I decided to purchase a new one. We went in the first time just to browse around to see what was available. The rep was extremely helpful, very friendly, wasn't pushy and was able to answer my questions. I was there for almost three hours looking at different fabrics then she offered the assistance of a designer to come in. On my second visit, we went in just to make sure what I was picking because my husband was not going to be with me and the salesperson we encountered at that time was very, very helpful, not pushy and friendly as well. I actually ended up picking a different couch than I was originally going with. The delivery is supposed to be coming tomorrow but they'll just call with a window of time in which they'll be delivering and I receive updates letting me know what was going on with the order and everything was in except for the apartment couch.

Everything that I sat on the showroom was very comfortable so I wasn't concerned with comfort as I was with style and value. I'm not a price sensitive person and prefer something with good quality because I don't spend frequently. Based on everything we picked out, the quality should align with what I'm paying for. The designer named Danielle came to my house and she saw my style. She tried to recommend and suggest things when I highlighted some things and talked through that. She was very cognizant of my needs versus just kind of pushing her own agenda and she was very helpful. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. They were helping me think outside of the box and open to some of their recommendations against with what I typically use to purchase.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Barbara, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 9, 2017

Expensive leather chair that smells so bad you cannot use it or have it in a room people occupy. They make you sign a all sales final when you buy because the floor models do not smell! When you complain they say wait a few weeks and it will go away (it's been 7 months)! Then send a service tech out who tell you to spray air freshener around. Even covering it with two heavy blankets does nothing to cover the sickening smell. Heed the warning of the many others with this problem and do not get stuck with one of their chairs. If I could afford the formaldehyde test I would do it because I suspect that is what is causing the odors since it seems to come from the cheap glued (not solid) frame and is in chairs with fabric as well as leather.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Janine, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found furniture that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 9, 2017

My room needed redoing because it's really shabby-looking. I keep putting if off since we've been vacationing a lot and spending the money but I decided I can't do it anymore so I purchased furniture from La-Z-Boy. Everybody that I spoke with at their store was really great and they were all helpful. I worked with two different people and the first girl helped me as I picked out the pieces and fabrics that I wanted then I've gotten three end tables, a TV console and recliner. Two lamps have already been delivered plus a wall hanging clock and I'm waiting on the couch and two more chairs that are on order. Everything worked out really well and then their designer came to the house.

She was looking to see if we could come up with a different layout because my room is pretty limiting on what I can do with it. She came up with one different change so I'm gonna try that out and see how it looks. I had a great experience and everything that I've gotten so far looks really nice and I'm looking forward to the rest of the pieces to come. Also, the fact that they sent a designer out to your house was really nice. I would recommend them to anybody who's looking to redecorate any rooms.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Jackie, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch.

Original review: June 9, 2017

We bought leather in La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries in San Antonio store 1803 NE LOOP 410 San Antonio. The leather sofa have damage and nobody tell us anything I really need. Someone let me know. Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Allan. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding our team. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 9, 2017

We received our new furniture yesterday. It is fantastic. The delivery team moved our existing LA-Z-BOY furniture into its new location and then put in place our new furniture. Great job was done by the delivery team... now, the hard part, paying off the Visa. Great looking furniture!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Judith. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 9, 2017

The young men who brought the furniture were wonderful. They were efficient and very competent. Nice personalities as well. I liked your automated phone messages regarding delivery window and the next day the call estimating the time they would arrive. Thank you.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Teresa thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought 2 matching leather recliners in July 2016. By March 2017 one of the chairs began peeling where the head hits. I only used distilled water to clean them and rotate the chairs every 30 days for even wear. One is used a little more than the other. La-Z-Boy still makes the chair but no longer makes the fabric. Every time I speak to another rep I get a different answer. I've been told they didn't make the chair then they did make it, just not the fabric. Now I'm told yes they make the chair but you can't get it in any leather. Yet I see it advertised in leather and I was told if I get the same grade fabric it should be just an even exchange no matter what I bought the chairs for.

The store I bought it from is offering another chair with a similar leather but says it cost more. So now I'm stuck with two chairs that don't match and will have to pay more. I'm not satisfied with the answer that it is not a defect because if one chair is doing it the other should also be doing it also, due to the fact the chairs are rotated. Also they only looked at pic and no one was sent out to look at them. I also have to return the chairs to the original store that I no longer live by approx. a 4 hour drive. I was told in one email that there was a company that could match the fabric and that could be an option but then I was told I could only exchange my chair. No other option.

I love the chairs I have and I don't want mismatched chairs. I'm very disappointed in La-Z-Boy, first in their customer support that there is no consistency and that due to the fact I can not get the exact same chair to match, they wouldn't offer another solution. If I wanted my chairs to mismatch I would have purchased them that way.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Diego thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 8, 2017

The only other rocking chair I have to compare to is a $600 chair we bought off of Babies"R"Us. Quiet and smooth, but not a recliner. This chair we bought off of La-Z-Boy, is way more comfortable than the one from Babies"R"Us by a mile! It is soft, better padding, more comfortable... but it makes some very annoying creaking sounds.

Try to imagine waking up 1-2 times a night with a crying baby, the room is quiet, you finally get the baby in the rocker you just spend $500 on, and all of a sudden it starts making this squeaking noise. Over and over and over and over... as you rock your baby in a sleep deprived state. Try to imagine this over and over again, every night, as you are tired and frustrated. Yes, we call the service line and a tech was sent out... the stupid chair didn't make noises when the tech was there... annoying?! Absolutely. That same night the chair was making noises again. There is a second call placed. Tech is supposed to come over again and try to "fix" this.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Marian, thanks so much for your great compliments to our team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

My sister and I went to La-Z-Boy to "look." I was planning to buy, but not till I "shopped." Well-- Chris ** approached us in a friendly salesman manner and put up with my indecision with patience. With his casual suggestions and help I actually ordered a sofa and loveseat. It is due to be delivered tomorrow.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Jane. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

We have been customers of La-Z-Boy for over 30 years and have been very happy with your products and have always been treated with professionalism and helpfulness. With this purchase we found the same recliner at another retailer for a lower price and after notifying you of this we were very promptly issued a refund for the price difference. This experience has reinforced our confidence with La-Z-Boy and will continue to be your customer.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Terri, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Lake House: Very pleased with the service from start to finish. Sales rep. was so helpful, designer helped us feel confident in our choices. Delivery was on-time, quick, and informative. If quality of product is what you say, we will be thrilled.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Fred thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 8, 2017

The service in the store was 5 star. The problem is with your person who does the repairs after. The chair we got was missing a bit of stain and I made a service call to be done after 5 PM when I get home. The day of the call the service person calls and said he had a cancellation and would like to come earlier I said that was impossible for me. He then said he was not going to wait I should book another appointment. That is where it is today and unless it is resolved I will never purchase from LA-Z-BOY again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Louis, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a sectional that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I originally bought the first part of the sectional a couple of years ago from La-Z-Boy and recently added to it when I bought a bigger house. Everything was great with their sales reps. They were very helpful. The delivery people were very good, too. I like how big the sectional is. It’s 17 ft. x 10 x 10. It was $16,000 so it was a pretty expensive sectional but one can't beat the quality. There’s nothing better than La-Z-Boy. If you need something done, they’re there for you.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Saher thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: June 8, 2017

I purchased a sofa from La-Z-Boy in Oct 2016. One week in from delivery of the sofas we noticed the Recliner was making noise so we called the store. They said they would send out a tech to assess the issue. Well they had to replace the sofa which was making noise only one week in. Today, only about 8 months later the Recliner is not working. The seat does not go back to its original position. I have to say the quality of La-Z-Boy has declined severely. I attempted to contact the store where I had purchased the sofas. I was told someone would call me back. No call back. Is this the service you should get from La-Z-Boy? So far I've paid good money for a crappy sofa and crap service. Extremely dissatisfied.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Jamie, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the sales rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Our experience with La-Z-Boy was very positive. We never felt pressured in the showroom, but our salesperson Joyce made us feel welcome and answered all of our questions. She offered options for styles and fabrics, but we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted, so once we decided, we just had to place the order. Joyce said it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks and that was accurate, we ordered it on 3/16 and it was delivered on 4/7. We are pleased with the quality of the furniture we ordered, and it arrived in perfect condition. The delivery crew was prompt and courteous. This is not our first purchase from La-Z-Boy and I would return to La-Z-Boy again. I would recommend them to anyone looking for quality furnishings.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Profile