3.68/5
  • 1 star
Based on 1,357 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Video
La-Z-Boy Gallery (2)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

5697 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We order 1 couch and love seat on Oct 21/2017. All was good told 4-5 weeks max and was explained comes from USA etc. End of the 4 week we called the Edmonton Branch and was advised both be shipped next week from USA, clear customs be 10 days. Dec 1, called our sales person. Advised one was in and no idea where other one was. Today is Dec 4 I have had no call backs with follow up to our order. This has been 6 weeks. I can track a 10.00 item from Wayfair and they are very close to ship date and time. In today's technology I cant believe the customer or salesperson has no idea where and when it's going to be delivered. I guess I will cancel and take my 4600.00. Thanks.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Bill, thank you for taking the time to submit your review and bring this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about the wait you are experiencing. We will have one of our reps look into other possible resolution options. We will have one of our reps contact you. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Lisa, our room designer, is a very patient and kind lady! She spent a lot of time looking for the perfect furniture to fit our long room! We also picked out a beautiful area carpet, two side tables and a beautiful console for our large screen TV. It also prompted us to finally remodel the front three rooms of our house! We are so pleased with Lisa and her expertise not only with finding the perfect La-Z-Boy furniture for our room but also with the fact that she took the time to find mission style accent pieces that are just perfect! We will definitely add pictures at a later date- we still are finishing up some details to those rooms! We LOVE you, Lisa! We will see you in the future, definitely!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Glenda, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found furniture that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

We paid $2,000 for La-Z-Boy leather couch and it is cracking and splitting in multiple places after on 13 months. We have given La-Z-Boy 5 chances to repair or refund, but they want another $350 or more to fix. I will post photos on Facebook and then boost them thousands of times with a paid ad on facebook. I know how to do this. I will also send note to several thousand people on my various emails lists. We own three other La-Z-Boy products, but we will never buy them again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Al, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I’ve moved in to a new place and purchased two recliners and a sofa from La-Z-Boy. Six months ago, I have had a chair from them and I like it very much. The cost of the products is in line with most other things so they're ilk. Also, I had an excellent dealing with their sales reps who were very helpful, friendly, and pleasant.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much, Barbara! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new recliners as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I worked two jobs to buy my furniture last year. I was very happy with the La-Z-Boy Recliner for a little over a year then the connector to the heat and massage unit broke. The connector wire broke off and it will no longer work. I finally found someone to take it back to the store. The store emailed La-Z-Boy, email is the only way they can communicate with the warranty department.

La-Z-Boy told the store I would have to pay for an upholstery company to take the chair apart and refix it. The broken part would be covered but not the repair. If I had known they would not honor their warranty, I would have purchased another chair. I am very disappointed. The store is trying to work with La-Z-Boy to take care of the chair. But it looks like I will be out a lot of money to fix my chair. I have an injured back and often go to my chair in the middle of the night to get relief. The heat and massage USED to help. Not anymore. Just sad, I spent so much money and just have a regular recliner now.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Myra, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I have also purchased Warehouse Furniture because of 4 boys and cats and dogs in the house. Kids are grown and only an old chihuahua. So I wanted something of good quality for our new lake house. I went to La-Z-Boy and ordered the color I wanted. After 14 weeks I received the furniture, nothing wrong to not accept it, because the delivery people stated they were responsible for damage only and not what it looked like or the mechanics. I AM SO UPSET and DISAPPOINTED. Not 1 piece of the section was perfect and the swivel recliner is loud and understuffed. My review is long so I won't go into everything that is wrong. I could have gone to a warehouse and received better quality at half the price. So much for a name brand you thought highly of.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Cathy, thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We had a La-Z-Boy couch that lasted so long and we like its durability and we are replacing it with another La-Z-Boy. We also liked that with La-Z-Boy, you can mix and match where you want things. The La-Z-Boy store in Rancho Cucamonga is awesome. Everyone was very welcoming, kind, and knowledgeable, and they didn't pressure us at all. We were able to go have lunch and come back. Our purchase was a special order so they said we can expect it in six to eight weeks. The cost is good as long as it's on sale. Sometimes it's a lot more and then if you get a product from a different specialized sofa store, and they have a similar brand where they have the similar coverage and it still costs a little bit less. So, we waited until La-Z-Boy went on sale. Also, it would be wonderful if they'd offer a loyalty reward like for 5% off. But other than that, they're wonderful.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Arianna, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're excited that you found new furniture that not only looks good, but that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

All the experiences we've had with the La-Z-Boy sales reps were great. The delivery team was great as well. We just had a second delivery from La-Z-Boy on Tuesday over another piece of furniture and both experiences were great. They were here at the beginning part of the delivery window and gave me updates. They called and said they’d be here in 15 minutes and they were here when they said they would be. We love our new furniture. It's a bit more expensive than some other furniture places but when we got our first home, we wanted something cheaper and that’s why we needed to buy new furniture a couple of years later.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Kayla. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I bought my furniture just 2 years ago, noticed a broken board in my BREE loveseat and called at La-Z-Boy to notify them and fix my furniture since it is suppose to be quality furniture. They want to charge $195 an hr to come out and IF they have to order parts and service fee for that too. You would think after you spend $$$$ on furniture that it will be well constructed and they would stand behind their name. Apparently, that’s not the case. It’s a rip off! Don’t waste your money! It’s not as well built as they advertise.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Tonya, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Purchased 2 chairs from Sugar Land, TX La-Z-Boy, one chair fresh out of the wrap was not level. Contacted Tim at the Sugar Land Location, "I can't do anything, you have to call customer service." I was told to take them to the Cross Timbers location, Ray looked at them and measured one was 1/4 off, he said it's fine, I disagreed. Ray told me to call customer service, he would not let me use their phone to call their customer service, I waited 20 minutes to speak with Michelle on the phone, she was rude and unwilling to work with me in any way. I was left waiting for an additional 30 minutes for the paperwork to clear so I could return the defective merchandise. I had to then go to the Sugar Land store to get my money LESS 25% restocking fee. I have never been treated so badly as I was dealing with La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Sandy, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. Thank you, ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Purchased 2 recliners. Was happy with one. The one we were not pleased with, the material was not tight. It was wavy and was noticeable. We called the store and they sent a man out. He replaced the right arm. It still did not solve the problem. My husband passed away and that held me up for a few months. When I called the store they told me to come in and pick out a chair. All I wanted was the same chair with the upholstery done right.

I went to the La-Z-Boy store in Overland Park, Ks. where I purchased the chairs. I was told I could chose a chair off the floor or to get the same chair that I had I would have to pay several hundred dollars more. Not sure about their way of thinking. So I suggested that they come out a clean the stain that I had called about. They sent out a product for me to use and I called and told them that it didn't remove the whole stain. They then sent a lady out who came out and took pictures and would call me. Did not receive the called so I called them and was informed that they would not clean the chair. So, I would like to inform you that The service at the Overland Park, Store was deplorable and I will never purchase a Lazy Boy Product again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Sondra, thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We purchased a couch with dual recliners and 2 reclining chairs with an extended warranty. I called for service about 3 years after buying. When the service technician came out he pulled the lever and he said "it works". I said there is something broken underneath. He wouldn't even bend down or turn the couch over to investigate. The furniture padding sunk in all over the couch, the leather lost its color wherever we usually sat. I paid top dollar for that furniture and it lasted for about 7 years. Could not stand looking at it anymore and had to throw it out. When looking for new furniture (we have a La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery near us), we went to Art Van. What does he show us? La-Z-Boy furniture. I will never purchase La-Z-Boy furniture again. I do not know where I will need to go to avoid this company but I don't have furniture yet because it will not be La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Karen, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I've had my La-Z-Boy furniture for at least a couple of months and I'm enjoying it. The sales rep was very cordial and informative. He had the information right at hand and they gave me a good deal. However, the installers didn’t spend much time demonstrating to me. They did the talking to my son who wasn’t going to use my furniture. I was trying to ask questions, but I was ignored. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my La-Z-Boy. It's very comfortable and it's attractive-looking, too.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Ora. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding our team. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We needed to replace our furniture and my fiancée decided to go with La-Z-Boy. We went to their store and they treated us really good. The lady we dealt with put very little pressure on us. We asked her questions and she showed us a lot of things. She was very friendly. I would buy again and we would recommend her. I told them that I'll be holding it off for four weeks because we are having a new floor and we got her to understand. La-Z-Boy was easy to deal with and they have offered good quality products. We can definitely recommend them to a friend. And if we would purchase for any additional that would be the perfect place to go.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Don, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I recently purchased 2 chairs at La-Z-Boy Express in Mansfield. While the salesman was talking to us, my husband made a comment about the tall man chairs being so large. The salesman then commented that several people had returned them after purchasing because they were so large. When I went to check out with the chairs, he knew I was apprehensive about the purchase, however he did not make any comment as to the fact of only having 48 hours to return the chairs.

Unfortunately after taking them home and having them for only 1 1/2 day, less than 48 hours, I called him to tell him I wanted to return the chairs as it was too high for me. He then stated to me that the chairs only returnable within 48 hours. I then said that the 48 hours were not up yet. He then said the manager had to agree to it, to return and exchange without a restock charge of 10%, and he, the manager was not working that day. I then asked could he call the manager, but he said he couldn’t do that. He acted like it was a very big deal to return and exchange the chairs because they might have bugs or hair in the chairs. He said he was noting the time that I called, meaning I assumed that the manager would then make a decision the next day, as to whether he would exchange without a restock charge. The manager never called.

I will say that it was never explicitly asked by me about returning the chairs, I obviously didn’t think that would happen. However I do think it was a lie by omission by never stating at checkout that there was a time limit and a restock charge. Again, even though he knew I was hesitant. This is my fault, but I think that his whole behavior was wrong and improper. And I was very bothered and upset by his lack of concern or help in the matter of returning the chairs. I should have just taken them back that day and paid the 10% restock charge. I will only say that if you purchase at La-Z-Boy Express, make sure that you explicitly ask and are explicitly answered as to the return policy, as they are obviously deceptive or at least not forthright in that regard. The reason I am writing the review is that I do not think that this was fair.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Connie, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I recently bought a chair from La-Z-Boy in Altamonte Springs FL on 7/21/17 and it had fabric issue and mechanism issues once delivered, so I contacted customer relations and talked to Angie. After sending out a La-Z-Boy inspector to examine the chair, it was determined that a credit back should be approved. Angie informed me I could go back to La-Z-Boy and apply a credit to a new chair, but she did not inform me of the actual amount of that credit.

Only once I went back to La-Z-Boy did I find out the credit back wasn’t the full amount I paid for the chair from start to finish, it did not include the $99 delivery. I understand when I choose a new chair I'll have to pay for delivery for that chair, but cant for the life of me understand why I cant be credited back the $99 on the 1st (defective) chair. La-Z-Boy Reps have already established the chair was worn and in sub-par condition.

So why should I have to pay for that 1st initial delivery??? Why should La-Z-Boy take from me $99 on a product that was defective and damaged... And if for some reason that $99 cant be credit back on delivery, then surely there must be some a way to apply $99 back to me in another form. I spent over $500 on a defective chair, and now you're saying I cant get it all back and apply it to a new chair. It should be a credit that includes the chair: $411.49 + Shipping $99.95. AND NOT A CREDIT BACK OF ONLY $411.49. This whole event has really disillusioned me, I thought LA-Z-BOY was better than this.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Helga, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We've had La-Z-Boy for 20 years and wanted to buy new ones. Their rep answered our questions and had a lot of information. They were pleasant and knew the product well. Their delivery team was very professional. They set everything right where we wanted it and made sure that it was centered. The furniture's quality is very good and we would purchase from them again. It was a good experience and I would recommend them.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Marcia, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ordered a sofa, chair w/ ottoman, sectional with ottoman and an additional chair for our new home. I am very happy with all but one chair, as the chair does not sit level. It is on a swivel base and the front of the chair leans toward the ground, making this an uncomfortable seat for anyone. I expressed my concerns to customer care. They refused to allow me to return the defective chair. Instead, they are on the 3rd attempt to fix it. The repairman is not even confident the fix will work. When I called a second time requesting to exchange this chair for another, I was accused of having buyers remorse. Not true. I just want a functional chair for the money spent. As is, this chair is wasting space and will not be used.

In addition was criticized for having this chair for a month now. The ONLY reason this chair has been in our possession for a month is due to La-Z-Boy's attempts to fix the chair, as it take time to order parts and get the repairman back here multiple times. It is also a hassle for me to make myself available for each visit. I am asking for an exchange, not a refund. I had plans to buy additional items for our new home from La-Z-Boy as I love the Other pieces, however, I have placed those plans on hold due to the horrible customer service I have received so far.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Shelly, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My older son was the one who put me on to La-Z-Boy. He bought a brown leather set and he always said that he had it for years and never had any problems with it. I decided that when I look for something, I'm going with La-Z-Boy and I found one in Monroeville. I liked the hospitality and the warm welcome that we had at the store. We were treated really nicely and they did what they said they were going to do.

My first La-Z-Boy was just a brown couch, and I've had it for over 12 years and I got tired of it. I really wanted three pieces and this time, I got the couch and two chairs for my TV room. I got them in October and so far, I love what I bought. I’ve changed the room altogether and I like the color scheme so I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving and what my sons' wives are going to say. I have six sons and they’ll be coming in with their families from Maryland and Virginia. The manager at the store called me about the delivery which went great. The guys knew what they were doing and did an excellent job. They asked me how and where I wanted my couch and my chairs and they placed everything very nicely. I’d recommend La-Z-Boy to anybody and I will even be back to buy something else.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much, Kathy! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new furniture as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My wife and I visited your store in our town and met your sales associate Erik ** who was very professional and helpful. After listening to our needs, Erik suggested that Ariana ** (interior designer) visit our home to come up with some ideas and do a 3D design. We met a week later (10/20/17) at the store and looked over Ariana’s suggestions and design. We ended up ordering a couch, two swivel chairs, two end tables and lamps, coffee table, ottoman, and wall art. We were told it would take 6-8 weeks before delivery. Two weeks ago we were informed that the couch and chairs are somewhere in Arkansas on a truck ready for delivery but due to the hurricane in the Gulf there’s a lack of drivers to haul furniture to your customers. This isn’t the customer service I expect from La-Z-Boy. If you can’t deliver our furniture can I pick up our order myself?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Stephen, thank you for taking the time to submit your review and share your feedback with us! We're sorry to hear about the extended delivery time. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We just built a new home and we purchased a sectional and accessories from La-Z-Boy. We like that their products are made in America. We also have a La-Z-Boy recliner for about 20 years now. La-Z-Boy has a relaxed atmosphere to let you make your mind up and with their help. Their sales reps are the most cooperative and knowledgeable people that I have dealt with in a long time in retail. They seem to know everything about the product. I tell them one thing and they can direct me which way to go. They also designed our living room for us. Jill was our design girl and she did a great job.

The delivery team was good, too. Some of the tables were not put together right and there were some scuffs and dirt on the upholstery. They came and cleaned and resolved those issues. The store manager saw to it that any issue that we had was resolved immediately. They've been in touch with us whenever there's a sale, or something's going on, or if there's something that might accent what we have.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Frank, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a sofa that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I remodeled my family room and kitchen so I purchased a sectional from La-Z-Boy and had an excellent experience. The sales representative was extremely helpful in picking out the color and how we could put it together so it would work in our room. We tested the furniture at the store and it was great. The cost of the product seemed fair. I would recommend La-Z-Boy to a friend.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Rick. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've made several La-Z-Boy purchases over 15 years. Having moved, I purchased new furniture and the staff at the La-Z-Boy store were very good. However, when they sent out my furniture, one of them had a broken leg. We wouldn't accept it since if we sat on it, the whole thing would've fallen off. They were supposed to call me about it the following week because the parts should've come in, but they didn't. I had to call the store back and it was a terrible experience. Finally, the store manager took hold of the situation and they ended up sending me a new chair. This took about 3-4 weeks. The delivery people were excellent and very nice. It wasn't their fault but they kept saying that they were sorry. They also said they couldn't believe that they were made to load it up on the truck and bring it because they saw that the leg was broken.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Jackie, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I told Kelly ** what I was looking for and she was very efficient and gave me all the information I needed to make a decision on a sofa & chair. She was patient and very helpful. I won't hesitate to recommend La-Z-Boy to my friends.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Judith, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the rep. :) Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Our sectional was 15 years old with a lot of wear and it was ready for something new. We had gone to many different furniture stores before we decided on La-Z-Boy. I like that they're made in America, and I could get whatever fabric and color I wanted. The sales rep was very helpful because we needed to choose different fabrics to match the new carpet. She helped us to get colors, fabrics and styles, so she did a good job. I'm waiting for the furniture to be delivered, but it’s been a great experience so far.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Mary, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have a helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're excited that you found new furniture that not only looks good, but that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My cousin bought a sectional from La-Z-Boy. My daughter also purchased a recliner from them. When our sofa had become so uncomfortable that it was driving us crazy, we bought a recliner, a sofa, and a love seat from them, too. Their rep, Linda, was absolutely wonderful. She was helpful, polite, and sweet as can be. The delivery team called when they were 30 minutes out and the delivery went exactly as they said it would. We've had our new furniture for a month and so far, so good. We're really satisfied and everything came out exactly as how we would expect it. It was a really good experience.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Lisa, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're excited that you found new furniture that not only looks good, but that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My sister and I bought a chair from the Waco, TX La-Z-Boy store and the saleslady was dishonest. She told me since I spent over $1,500 I receive the leather conditioner for free. I was subsequently charged $100. She misrepresented the quality of the chair as the chair has broken down to the point of being able to feel the springs, etc. I have called the store and they referred me to a customer service number where I only get a voicemail response. I did purchase a 3 year extended warranty; however, I have not been able to contact a representative yet. If this issue does not get addressed and resolved, I will definitely consider legal action. At this point it will be worth spending more than the chair is worth to get this company to honor their product and change their quality assurance process.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Steve, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We had a couch and a loveseat from La-Z-Boy for 20 years and we're replacing them with two power recliners because we’re remodeling. The cost is comparable to other furniture manufacturers and we’ve been very pleased with the quality of the furniture we've had so we went back to La-Z-Boy. The sales rep was kind and she helped us out a lot. We have the recliners scheduled for delivery at the end of the month. I like that the recliner has power all the way on the lumbar, neck, shoulder, legs and the seat and having that in the loveseat, couch and the recliners is huge, especially since my wife has back problems. The experience has been outstanding. La-Z-Boy is doing great and they should keep doing what they’re doing.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Eric. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I donated my other furniture to the Goodwill and I wanted something new. The La-Z-Boy sales reps were great and got a loveseat from them. There was a little mishap about it as far as I could you pay with a check or not but we got that straight now so everything was okay. They did a wonderful job with the delivery too. I've had the loveseat for a month now and I love it. I enjoy it and I would recommend La-Z-Boy to a friend.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Leon, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. We're excited that you found a loveseat that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We ordered 2 leather electric powered La-Z-Boy chairs. It took five weeks to receive them. When we did receive them and we were able to sit in them, they were not what we expected. They do not fit the same as the chair that we sat in at the store. The chairs both feel like you are leaning forward and you could fall out of the chairs. We have tried all the positions that are available on the chairs. I cannot get it to feel comfortable. My husband and I are not happy with the chairs. We went to the La-Z-Boy store where we got the chairs the next day. We sat in the chair in the store that we thought we would be getting and it would feel somewhat the same. The chair in the store was just how we wanted ours to be. Our chairs are not at all the same.

A lady asked if she could help us and if we were interested in buying chairs. We told her that we got 2 chairs yesterday and that we are not happy with them. She then went on to say to me after I told her how our chairs felt and pointing at my shoes, "How long did it take you to break in those shoes on your feet?" "It takes time to break in your leather La-Z-Boy chair." I told her how the chair felt and she said that the chair we sat in at the store had been in there for 3 years. It had had a lot of people sitting in the chair. It had been well broken in. She said we needed to give it 30, 60 or 90 day and it would start breaking in. Seriously, that is not an answer I wanted to hear. She said that if I bought a baseball glove that it would take time to break it in.

Then she also said that she bought a new car one time and that the seats did not feel comfortable to her for the first couple of weeks. Then she said it got better and she liked her car seat better. She was trying to tell me things that didn't even pertain to me. She was belittling me and making me feel as if there was not a thing that could change my situation. You bought the chairs and now it may take 3 years to break them in. Then she handed me a Comfort Care business card and said to call them if I thought there was a problem with the chairs’ comfort. Maybe they would have to take out some of the foam and reupholster a brand-new chair.

What in the world is right with this picture, NOTHING! CAN I GET SOMEONE TO LISTEN TO MY CRIES FOR HELP! I AM NOT HAPPY AND I DO NOT WANT THESE CHAIRS! How is it that they need time to break them in and you only have 3 days to return them with a 30% restocking fee. There is not any kind of a positive outcome for the consumer and their rights. It looks like that I would have to buy more merchandise from La-Z-Boy store. I don't think I can get my money back. I know of no other store that treats their customers so badly as I was treated.

I would never recommend a La-Z-Boy Chair to anyone period. I will tell them about my experience and tell them to run as fast as you can to another company. By the way the lady that I was speaking with was the Manager of the store. I told her that her and I would not see eye to eye on anything that she was telling me. She didn’t care, she just took care of another unhappy customer and on to the next one. I went out of the store in tears and heartbroken that I did not get satisfaction with my very real concerns. It’s Thanksgiving morning and she told me that this day would not count as one of my 3 days. I may still try on Friday the day after Thanksgiving and try to make a return.

I may lose of $1,000.00 on this terrible transaction. I just can't hardly stand the thought. I have been waiting for a long time to buy 2 new chairs for my husband and I. Utterly disappointed in my experience with the La-Z-Boy Company. I should have read the reviews online before I purchased these chairs. There are so many bad reviews, I could not believe my eyes. I would take this all back if you could contact me and give me a better option on my outcome. Please, send this message to someone that will listen and help me with my problem. I hope to hear from someone very soon! Thank you.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Carol thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information