Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5
Based on 3,614 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Bennett Duo reclining sofa and loveseat

1. Like: Quality craftsmanship and material. (D144833 Elliot-Pumice)
        2. Like: Because they look like regular sofas. Surprise! It reclines.
        3. Like: Cigar rolled edges.
        4. Like: Because you can stop the footrest in any position and it stays. Unlike the manual type, where it’s fully extended or fully collapsed.
        5. Like: The hard pad on the extended footrest between the swiveling soft footpad and the sofa cushion.
        6. Like: It’s not big and puffy like most reclining sofas.
        7. Like: To fall asleep on it (while watching TV, or maybe a nap) without it feeling all lumpy And uncomfortable. (Firm uniform cushions)
        8. Like: It is a wall hugger which means you can place it squarely against the wall.
        9. Like: The 5 footings on this which are visible and make it look like a normal sofa. Putting sliders under the feet make it very easy to move around on carpet.
        10. Like: The USB ports on the sides and the small buttons to retract/recline the footrests.
        11. Like: The powerful smell of the new sofa.
        12. Like: The tough material we picked out.
        13. Like: It only took 33 days to get instead of the estimated 42-56 days.

14. Like: How you can straddle the footrest (because it’s narrow) and get up and out from the sitting position and go do whatever you got to do and come back and straddle the footrest and sit back down. All without having to extend or retract the footrest.

Don’t Mind
        1. That it is not a sleeper recliner meaning it doesn’t recline far back (wall hugger)
        2. How slow the footrest extend and retract. (That is standard for power recliners)
        3. Cushions are not removable/washable.

4. Don’t mind how the footrest pads swivel back and forth. (Kind of annoying) But I understand it's part of the design of the sofa to make it look like a regular sofa. You have to give up something to get something.

Don’t Like

1. After having the sofas 15 days the love seat motor on one side literally broke. After another 31 days it was replace at my house free.

Conclusion

Great furniture. Very comfortable. Quality craftsmanship. Would buy again definitely.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We have had 2 love seat recliners from La-Z Boy. They have both been of excellent quality. Our son was very excited when we told him we had decided to buy new living room furniture for our move from house to apartment. He immediately asked for the love seat recliner. Our daughter took the rest of the furniture but was not impressed that her brother had beat her to the punch asking for the recliner. The only reason they gave it up was because they moved from London, Ontario to Victoria, BC. They didn't take any of their furniture.

A friend of theirs asked for the recliner. So as far as we know, it is still in use. We bought it 13 years ago. It was used every day (unless we were away) by my husband and myself. We only had to have it repaired once. The service was excellent. All that was required was a new spring for the reclining mechanism. The repairman looked over the whole chair and ended up replacing one for the other side as well. Our new chair is two years old, red leather and looks like new. The store staff were excellent and always remember us.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My husband and I have been customers at La-Z-Boy for close to 40 years. 2 years ago, we purchased several Devon sectional pieces for our family room in brown faux leather. We worked with the interior designer, Jessica, and bought some additional items to tie the room together. We were happy with the end result. However, about 3 months ago we noted that one of the pieces of the sectional, the faux leather was defective and flaking and peeling. We were informed by the store personnel that we would need to contact their Service Department.

After approximately a month of phone calls and photos, La-Z-Boy offered us a full in-store credit for the entire unit we had purchased. We happened to be in La-Z-Boy during the Columbus Day sale...the same Devon unit was on sale in a tweed fabric for almost the exact price as our in-store credit. To create the same unit we had before, we would have to purchase the Devon Corner Unit and pay delivery fees, which we were willing to do. ** and other staff members at the 3055 W Chandler Blvd Location in Chandler, AZ, went out of their way to adjust the invoice so that we walked out of the store with a new Devon Sectional covered completely by the the in-store credit and the delivery fee was dropped. Needless to say, La-Z-Boy went above and beyond to satisfy the customer.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I recently went to La-Z-Boy (Tucson store on Broadway) to purchase a new recliner for my elderly mom. John ** spent a great deal of time helping me customize a chair for her specific needs. Once the chair was delivered and we determined that the modifications would not work, they quickly offered to replace the chair with a similar one that we once again thought would work. My mother was still unable to use the chair and I had to turn to the spectacular professionals at La-Z-Boy one more time! This time CJ spent several hours with my mom and I trying out chairs until we came up with a solution. And we were refunded money on the original purchase as well!

I have purchased several pieces of furniture over the years from this store and they are always knowledgeable, professional and helpful. The products are high quality and last forever. I would give them 10 stars if that were possible. Thanks to everyone at the Broadway store. You definitely made a stressful event less so... THANK YOU!!!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a recliner that we bought 2 1/2 years ago. I was getting ready to buy more from La-Z-Boy when I noticed a hole being worn in the leather when it reclined. This hole was not visible when chair was in upright position. Upon investigation, we found that the hole was caused by a staple that was not fully embedded into the wood, a problem since construction. Contacting the store did no good, they are independently owned and not interested in servicing previous customers.

The company, however, was quite concerned and helped me to find a leather refinisher and paid the fee charged by the refinisher to fix my chair. I am more than pleased. They did an excellent job, and since the leather was no longer available, it was the only option. The repair looks great...not even visible. It took a while for this to be resolved, but as I stated, we are very pleased. My husband loves this recliner, and he now has many more years of use. I appreciate the Customer Care department of La-Z-Boy. Only reason for 4 stars was the response of the La-Z-Boy, independently owned store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: March 26, 2020

My husband bought me this recliner for Christmas, and although I like the recliner, I am very disappointed that the salesperson, Dawn **, didn't offer us the options of arm covers or remote for the motorizing. My daughter used to sell La-Z-Boys in a furniture store in Norwich, New York, and she said at the price we paid, which she felt was exorbitant, should have included both options. I wrongly assumed they would both be included. That being said, they should have at least been presented to us as options we could purchase.

Shame on Dawn. We feel we have been duped by her. I would never recommend anyone go to this salesperson, much less to your store. I reached out to the phone number provided on this site. It has been disconnected. The only person I could reach is not a sales representative. I prefer to do no more business with Dawn. I would appreciate a response about my options to purchase these two things, although I must say that providing arm covers as options is extremely cheap of you!!!

Original review: March 24, 2020

We received our furniture in December. Our chaise arrived with the front legs bent. Our armchair was received with the wrong color legs. It was noted by the delivery driver. We immediately contacted La-Z-Boy. It is now MARCH 24. THREE entire months later. Our furniture is still not fixed. No compensation or anything has been offered. Our person is now not coming to fix it until the end of APRIL.

Original review: March 23, 2020

First, I do like the two chairs I ordered; they are very comfortable. But this has been a nightmare. After waiting around the Northridge Store for nearly two hours while the sales guy learned how to order a chair, and another four weeks for the chairs to arrive, I was disappointed to learn that there "was an error at the factory" and the riser for one of the chairs wasn't installed. The parts were sent to my house via overnight mail. And then I waited another week for someone to call me to schedule an appointment for the installation. When they did finally schedule the appointment (three more weeks), it was set for March 24th.

Yet just a few minutes ago I got a call from them confirming the appointment for tomorrow. When I asked whether or not they knew we were under a mandatory stay-at-home order, the customer service person told me that "it was up to the technician" whether or not to come out. That is bad policy. It is bad for our public health and I don't see how you can argue with a straight face that this is an "essential service." You should be better corporate citizens in this time. This isn't up to the technician - the governor issued a stay at home order. In any event, now my appointment is scheduled for the end of April. La-Z-Boy needs to do better than this. But it is a nice set of chairs.

Original review: March 22, 2020

The smell of our new furniture has a chemical smell that is causing a headache! This is not acceptable. We have never had this problem with other Lazy Boy chairs. The sale and delivery were fine, but the quality of the furniture is not!

Original review: March 20, 2020

Purchased a living room set (James) in the renew fabric in August of 2015. All three pieces are cracking and peeling like cheap vinyl. We were told it was very durable... even more so than leather. So we made the investment. Please do you research and google. There are hundreds if not thousands of complaints about renew cracking and peeling. My set looks 20 years old. It was just under $6000.00 had extended warranty but it's not covered. I was offered a small store credit and we would have accepted that if we could have used it on parts for repair... nope. No longer available so it can't be repaired. We're out $6000.00 We are a family of 2 adults, no kids and our 2 dogs are not allowed on the furniture so there was absolutely no abuse.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team