La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
1.78/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

6638 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased two recliner/rocking chairs from the furniture store in Emeryville, CA. One chair delivered, the second defective. Re-ordered a new chair...also defective. Company refuses to issue refund.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Taylor was an awesome salesperson.... very knowledgeable and helpful - no pressure. The delivery men were very professional and respectful of my home. I am very pleased with the entire experience. Love my new furniture!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My 88 year old mom purchased a recliner directly from La-Z-Boy at their showroom in Latham NY. In September of 2017. The seat cushion no longer has any support or "cushion" to it. Sent a question to the company website, got a response that advised us to contact the store she had purchased it from. Called them, and the response was, "Why would they tell you that, service is handled by them, all we do is refer customers to their toll free number."

Replied to the email I got, telling them that the advice was worthless. That got me a phone call. Person who called couldn't explain why I was told to contact the store. Then asked, what phone number related to the purchase. "The one you just called me on, did you even check?" Then she had the wrong product that we had contacted them about. "We can set up a service order based on your issues." Which will cost over $100. We have another recliner that we got from the local furniture store, it's older and still comfortable, and cost significantly less. Am profoundly displeased.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have been enjoying La-Z-Boy recliners for over 30 years. I use my recliners daily, sometimes spending hours at a time. They have always been comfortable and the mechanisms lasted over 8 years without any attention. I typically replaced the recliners at about 10 years which I considered excellent service from quality made furniture.

Recently I purchased 2 Crandell model recliners. These recliners are designed for tall people and have a wide cushion. They typically sell for $900 to $1100. When I picked up the first one I immediately noticed the frame and base and frame were made of OSB or Oriented Strand Board. OSB is similar to plywood. The days of quality all hardwood frames and bases are gone. La-Z-Boy claims it is just as strong but I'm not believing them. I have had my recliners less than a year and the first thing I noticed is the upholstery material is very loose and full of large wrinkles. They told me this is normal as well but it never occurred on any of my previous recliners.

After about 6 months of use 2 screws that support the ratcheting mechanism for reclining positions fell out along with the bracket. Fortunately I was able to repair the chair, but noticed the use of a soft type wood caused the screws to loosen and strip the holes. I had to redrill the holes to a larger size and use bolts to ensure this would not happen again.

This is very disappointing for a chair of this cost and history of quality. I believe La-Z-Boy is riding on their name and history of quality made furniture. When you visit their store don’t believe the quality is the same as years before or their quality of new furniture warrants the high price they charge for their latest line of furniture. Sad to see another American company going down this path. I would gladly pay more for quality but felt I was shortchanged on my latest La-Z-Boy purchase. La-Z-Boy, if you’re reading this review, you are losing your loyal customer base as one by one they discover your furniture is not what it used to be or what the customer is expecting when they put it to use.

Original review: April 21, 2019

My power rocker/recliner is less than 1 year old and I have had 3 separate repairs visits. Started with squeaky springs, and since have replaced the base with new springs, the footrest lever mechanism, and the upholstered fabric on the seat due to bunching, Now the wood screws from the spring brackets have fell out and will no longer recline.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased a discontinued La-Z-Boy Recliner in 1995 to fill a bit of extra space in a shipping container headed to West Africa. I am still a missionary in West Africa. I continue to love it to this day. Legs no longer lift (kids thought it was fun and pushed too hard) and the material definitely showing its age and use. And a spring or two make me careful of how I sit. Yet after 24 years... I do not have enough good words to speak of the quality, longevity and value.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Poor customer service, 12 week wait, and VERY uncomfortable....everything you don't want in furniture purchasing. Don't make the same mistake as I did...and obviously many others. I may get back issues from sitting in this chase.

Original review: April 17, 2019

This furniture store called me up for a payment long before my contract said one was due. I went to the store and paid them approximately 650 for the rug which was not delivered til the end of the order. The couch and love seat (leather) are hard, uncomfortable, and everyone who sits in them says they slide on the leather. I would never buy furniture from this brand (La-Z-Boy) again.

Original review: April 15, 2019

As a repeat customer of La-Z-Boy, I am disappointed to leave this review. The newest purchase is nothing like we expected. It is beautiful, however, it is very uncomfortable. It is nothing like the floor sample that we sat on prior to purchasing. Most disturbing is that La-Z-Boy is not willing to work with us to exchange or replace the sofa and love seat. Always thought this company stood by their products. Will be shopping somewhere else to replace this furniture because no one in my family can comfortably relax on either piece of furniture.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Spend over $6,000.00 for leather couch and leather love seat. Within first couple of months arm rest split apart, they replaced it. A few months later again the same part split opened. Then a few months after that same thing and they replaced. When it happened again--they said I was out of warranty but we bought the protection plan. After a month dealing with them---sending pictures, crawling under the furniture for numbers they needed then they set appointment date to come out. Service came out--looked at the crack and said they do not cover that. When asked why, he said they only cover the leather parts. So LA-Z-BOY's leather couch is only the materials that your body sit on and where your back touches the back of the furniture.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a recliner that we bought 2 1/2 years ago. I was getting ready to buy more from La-Z-Boy when I noticed a hole being worn in the leather when it reclined. This hole was not visible when chair was in upright position. Upon investigation, we found that the hole was caused by a staple that was not fully embedded into the wood, a problem since construction. Contacting the store did no good, they are independently owned and not interested in servicing previous customers.

The company, however, was quite concerned and helped me to find a leather refinisher and paid the fee charged by the refinisher to fix my chair. I am more than pleased. They did an excellent job, and since the leather was no longer available, it was the only option. The repair looks great...not even visible. It took a while for this to be resolved, but as I stated, we are very pleased. My husband loves this recliner, and he now has many more years of use. I appreciate the Customer Care department of La-Z-Boy. Only reason for 4 stars was the response of the La-Z-Boy, independently owned store.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have no complaint about the La-Z-Boy Store or their employees in Mechanicsburg, PA. They were wonderful and I even took my neighbor down and she purchased a sofa, end table and coffee table. I loved my furniture after I received it. Purchased Lift chair and sleeper sofa. The problem I have there was inspection problem with my sleeper Sofa at the last minute and I could never get an answer on why. I feel La-Z-Boy should be truthful with their customers when there is a problem. Even the store could not get answers. Is there any way I could get an answer?

Original review: April 9, 2019

Extremely poor quality. The photo is of our 4 year old recliner that my husband uses daily, except for several months when he was out of town. He used our last one daily as well but it never looked this bad, in 20 years of use.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Purchased a Rowan Power Leather Recliner 8/22/2016, purchased extended warranty as well as Guardian protection. The frame on one of the seat backs broke, a section of leather between the back cushions is splitting up and down the stitching, and the cushions on both left and right seats have gone flat. The center seat no one sits in and is still fluffy. I called local customer care and they agreed to fix the broken frame, I was told they would not do anything for the defective leather section that is splitting or the cushions that have gone flat. I am so disappointed in this product. I have had other La-Z-Boy furniture in the past and was extremely happy with it. The quality of the furniture appears to have diminished as well as customer care.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I went to the La-Z-Boy store in Wilmington, DE — the Christiana location. The experience was TERRIBLE. We've been given the runaround for weeks about a piece of furniture we bought. Every time we call to get an update, no one is able to tell us anything. The only thing the store knew how to do was promptly take our money. It's been 7 weeks since we placed our order.

According to our contract, the furniture would be here in 4-6 weeks. One week late isn't bad, though, right? The problem is, we just found out today — again, after calling and waiting on hold and getting the runaround — that our furniture will be shipped from TN on May 6, and we will get it a week later. That is three months, and we were originally told one month. I have a housewarming planned and have no idea what I will do for furniture. I thought paying top dollar for furniture would guarantee that the customer service was amazing. Sadly, I've gotten better service at Big Lots.

The worst part of all of this is: NOBODY from the local store ever apologized or even expressed the tiniest bit of empathy. "It's the mill's fault," we were told, or it's so and so's fault. Had someone just listened to me and apologized, I may have been less frustrated. But to be yanked around by people who take your money, ignore your phone calls, don't honor their contracts, and don't take responsibility for their mistakes — that's what I can't tolerate. And so I will be taking my business to Bassett, whose customer service is incomparable, according to everyone I know who's shopped there.

Original review: April 3, 2019

We purchased an electric recliner from La Z Boy and decided after a week or so that it was not comfortable and wanted to return it for another type. They would not take it back (we missed the deadline by a day or two). After about a year, the chair broke. There was a plastic part broken under the chair when we checked it. This was not a cheap chair! We called for a repair and was told that they no longer come to your house to repair furniture. You have to bring it in. This was a big, heavy chair. We went to the store where we purchased it. It's a new policy that they don't make service calls. You are expected to take it to the service shop. However, they will come get it for $160.00 (since the part was still under guarantee we didn't have to pay for that). I will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I paid 7k for a sectional. Cushions didn't even last 2 years and now it costs me 170 to fix it. They charged me 80 bucks to look at it. Took the great tech 5 mins. Never will I give my money to La-Z-Boy. Do yourself a favor. Go to Raymour & Flanigan. Better customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Very simple, typical "used car" sales approach. La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries tell you anything for a sale attitude and corporate looks for excuses to not back/honor agreements. Ten year warranty and they stop making the replacement parts before time is up. Port Richey location is very dishonest.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Purchased a recliner 18 months ago. Within the first month, cushion failed, took over a month to replace. During 18th month wooden frame failed, broke in pieces. Chair is not useable. Trying the schedule a repair, they want $125 in advance for repairman to take a look. Problem is they can't find the service person to schedule. Just great. Say what? Still waiting. Now 4th day since I called.

Original review: March 30, 2019

If you are considering buying a La-Z-Boy for the quality and because you think the company stands behinds its product, think again. And just so you know, I’ve owned a La-Z-Boy before. A few weeks ago I was looking to buy a recliner and I read the reviews at different retailers, I decided to go with La-Z-Boy again. I went to the store on President's Day and they had a sale going on. As I was looking around I noticed a couple of chairs for a very low price of $275. I asked the salesman why they were so inexpensive, he told me because the fabric had been discontinued. All I cared about was comfort and color. I sat in it for maybe 10-15 seconds and it seemed comfortable. I bought it.

Now I know why it was so cheap. Because it’s low quality. When I sit in it for more than 10 minutes, my leg starts to go to sleep because of the minimal amount of foam in the seat. I called the store and spoke to the manager and he said he could not refund or exchange it. I really wanted to exchange it and get something more expensive. But the manager was not going to budge on his position. Really! So, you wouldn’t exchange a $275 chair (I would have paid a 30% restocking fee) for someone to spend on a $500 dollar or more chair? Apparently La-Z-Boy doesn’t stand behind their product and don’t care about repeat customers. So beware when paying a higher price for a recliner because of the name. I won’t buy La-Z-Boy again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

After having an issue with a recliner and poor satisfaction from customer service at the corporate office, we took our issue to the management at the store location where we purchased it. They were very helpful and did research which helped us to come to an agreement and get our issue resolved. We are very grateful to them for helping us and showing that they care about helping customers.

Original review: March 28, 2019

The recliner we purchased has had the fabric started to peel off the seat, back and arms. We contacted Customer Service and all they would offer is they have it redone for a cost of $994. That is what we paid for the chair when purchased. We showed photos of the chair to our local store and salesperson and all she could do was give us a 25% discount on a new recliner. Our other recliner we bought from them had to have the back and seat replaced after a week delivered. Why would we want to buy another piece of furniture at La-Z-Boy when they are expensive, have faulty workmanship and material? Go to Levin's. We had no problem with our sofa and loveseat from them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a custom recliner for a total cost of $3,000.00. My experience in the store gave me no indication as to what would present itself over the next few months. I immediately knew their scam. To make it simple, they act helpful, interested and seemingly pleasant until that credit card is in their hands and the purchase is complete. I could write pages on my "simply put" horrible experience with both the store (Hartsdale, NY) and the Executive Office. After the sale, the salesperson and manager showed their true rude, disinterested, incompetent selves. I was told 4 weeks for my chair, but as much as 6 weeks; that was clear and stated in my documentation. Well, I am now officially almost 10 weeks in without the chair and no pre-emptive communication. I had to continuously call the store...to no avail. My calls were never returned.

There was never an answer as to what was going on with my purchase, and it is impossible to speak with anyone of knowledge or managerial accountability; that is because that role does not exist. They sell...meet their quota, get their commissions, and YOU are on your own. When confronted they will blame the warehouse, trucking company, GOD any excuse possible; the blame game! They are clueless that all issues are for them to investigate, resolve, communicate and apologize. Calling the "EXECUTIVE OFFICE" is even more frustrating because they basically say they are "hands off," and to call the store. It is truly a blood pressure rising experience. I am still without the chair. I am still waiting for communication from the "EXECUTIVE OFFICE" which is really just a call center with no power, and equally no concern.

Ironically, the day that I purchased the chair, I called for a local taxi to take me to the train.. back to NYC. He immediately asked if I purchased anything, I told him, and he was practically begging me to cancel the order and go elsewhere. He told me stories, told me where else to go, and I did not listen; I thought it is La-Z-Boy. Oh, how I wish that I had listened to that gentleman! Please do not make the mistake that I made. Read reviews. Call your credit card company (if you have made the mistake) and ask about their Assurance Plan and Extended Warranty on purchases. If you are a life-long La-Z-Boy customer and have had pleasant experiences; that it's wonderful, but stop with brand loyalty because there is no customer loyalty. That relationship is a thing of the past, and it is all about the "Almighty Dollar!" They have gone up against a warrior, and I will not be silenced. They are crooks stealing your hard earned money!

Original review: March 26, 2019

We contacted our store (La-Z-Boy of Lansing, Michigan) after we had our sofa and loveseat for less than 3 weeks because the fabric was wrinkling and bunching every time someone sat on it. (We are a retired couple with no kids or dogs). The store referred us to Customer Care, but assured us they would be “with us” every step of the way. To make a four-month story short, the company offered to replace the seats with the same fabric. We did not accept that solution as we were convinced the poor quality fabric was the issue and they would not guarantee the replacements. In fact, a rep told us that’s “just the way this fabric is”.

We wanted different fabric or a credit. We had even asked if the store decorator, who assumably knows fabrics, could come out (10 miles) and look at it, but we were ignored. In the ensuing months, we got nowhere. Customer service reps were always very nice, as were we, but nothing was happening. Calls not returned. No support from local store. It was a very stressful time. I couldn’t believe a company such as La-Z-Boy would not stand behind their product when there were such obvious flaws.

Finally, the case was referred to the “Escalation Department” and they would render a verdict. Their resolution was to take the furniture back if we paid a 30% restocking fee. (As if they could restock this furniture). They would take no responsibility for the lack of quality of this fabric. The furniture was $3900 and we got back $2250. You may wonder why we accepted their offer. Because we were worn down. It was 3 months after our first contact by now. We were afraid we’d get nothing if we continued to expect a fair resolution, and frankly it came to be worth it for our own peace of mind to be done with La-Z-Boy. So it was a relief to have our 4-month-old furniture picked up. It only cost us $1650 for the experience! Please learn from ours.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Purchased a recliner, 2 years later the leather type fabric started cracking in one area that has little use. The arms are fine, it is obviously a material failure. La-Z-Boy only offered a small discount if I bought another one of their recliners. They will do nothing about the defect, no offer to recover. I will never buy another La-Z-Boy product. Their warranty is only good for 12 months, so basically 13 months and older we get to buy a new recliner on sale. Not the brand it used to be, very disappointed. Took 5 months to even get an answerback, and they did not respond to me, but went through the furniture store. No customer service, will go to any other brand.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I recently bought 2 reclining chairs which were expensive 1844.55. I went to La-Z-Boy for quality but the chairs are so incredibly LOUD that I don't know what to do. The sound of them opening and shutting early in the morning or late at night wakes up our whole house! This cannot be normal. The chairs are beautiful but I am so so unhappy with the noise they make. It feels like something is wrong with them. Today we had company and everyone jumped when they were being reclined. What can be done about this?

Original review: March 22, 2019

In mid-November of last year, we purchased two Riley La-Z-Boy high leg recliners from a Lazy Boy store near us. We paid $2,598 for our chairs. The chairs were delivered in the first week of January 2019. Within several weeks after their delivery, we noticed unusual wear on both chairs. In early February, we called our Lazy Boy design consultant -- very good person and very familiar with the available recliner fabrics -- and reported the deterioration of the fabric on our chairs.

He referred our complaint to the customer service center, who made arrangements with their contract company to come to our house to inspect the chairs. In early March, the rep came to our house, he was very cordial and knew what he was doing. He found abnormal fabric wear on both recliners, not pilling. The rep also found problems with the cushion and leg rest on one of the chairs -- the cushion is losing its shape and there is some bulging of the stuffing. The fabric on the leg rest already looks worn out. The rep took multiple pictures of both recliners.

We're very disappointed with the deterioration of our recliners so soon after we received them. In ordinary circumstances, we would have insisted on a full refund and returned the recliners. We do like the shape and design of the recliners, so we're giving the Lazy Boy warranty a chance to rectify these product failures. Their customer service center has told us that replacement parts have been ordered for our chairs, and we're to notify them when the parts are delivered so they can schedule the repair at our house. If these repairs do not hold up, our intention is to request a full refund -- there is no reason for us to be stuck with two defective recliners going forward. We're finding out that Lazy Boy's "limited lifetime warranty" is exactly that -- limited! Lazy Boy needs to pay attention to the negative online reviews, including ours, and correct the problems. This is our first and last purchase of a Lazy Boy product.

Original review: March 21, 2019

All the fabric on the outdoor cushions deteriorated within two years making them unusable and the company will not replace them. Cushions were manufactured by Brown Jordan for La-Z-Boy and neither company will take responsibility for the defective (UV protected) cushion replacement. Photos and purchase receipts were all provided. I would never purchase products by this company again.

Original review: March 19, 2019

After two months of trying to get them to repair my mother's recliner we gave up and bought a new one from another company. Phone calls not returned. Service appointments made and then cancelled at the last minute. Will never buy from La-Z-Boy again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I bought 2 couches, ottoman, center and side table from Novi, MI store. La-Z-Boy Products are at least 2 times the price of comparable competitors. They said 2 pillows were free but ended up charging me $75 for change in cloth of pillow cover. These pillows are available for $15 at Bed Bath. They charged me $50 to change leg color from Mahogany to Coffee. Note that the leg is not solid wood, just a veneer and change in color is just change in stain. My main reason for purchasing this couch was the high density foam cushions. Realized later that the front 1/3rd section of the foam is low density foam stuck to high density foam that did not have the expected firmness and had to be replaced. Nothing but a cost saving measure disguised as over-engineering!

Upon delivery I noticed that the bottom cover of both sofas were torn. These guys want your address, phone number just to give you a quote. Yes, want a quote, surrender your privacy so they can sell your data for a few extra bucks. Made in America? - Crap! Turns out the center-side tables were made in Vietnam by the same vendor that supplies to Sam's, Costco etc. It was humiliating to learn that Sam's Club sells the same model La z Boy single chair for $300 while I paid $500 just for an Ottoman. And I realized later that it does not have high density foam. Never again Ripoff-Z-Boy. Adios.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs