La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.9/5 (754 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

So I went into La-Z-Boy in November to get a new recliner. Of course, they had to order it because they do not have them in stock - This - it is considered a custom order. I did not order anything ugly or outlandish. I order a standard chair, the James model, with a normal leather (I saw the same leather throughout the store), and with massage, and heat. Nothing special but a beautiful chair that could easily be sold to someone in the general public.

Well, I went to pick it up today and when I see it, I realize that it is much too small of a chair for me. I decided not to take it and go back to talk to the sales associate, Nikki. She showed me a few more models which I fully intended on getting one but towards the end, she tells me, "well, there is a 30% restocking fee." I was shocked. After talking for a while, she said, "Let me see if I can get that reduced for you." She comes back and tells me that they will reduce it to 15% IF I buy something new. I was like WHAT??? So you want me to pay about $300 to NOT take the chair and still spend more money with you? Forget it.

I told her I would take the original chair but never do business with La-Z-Boy again. And I won't. BUYER BEWARE. Any chair you buy is going to have to be made since they don't carry them in stock and even if you want to buy something else, they will stick it to you. Unfortunately, I am stuck with this chair and each time I sit in it, it will remind me of how evil La-Z-Boy is. Goodbye La-Z-Boy, You lost ANOTHER customer for life.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I have a 6 year old, full leather grain recliner that the back snapped off on one side. I have tried contacting Customer Care for weeks by telephone (5 hours total on hold), email, filling out online requests, and speaking to a La Z Boy store manager and NO ONE has responded. So I guess I have to throw away my $3,000 chair and buy couple of cheap ones, at least when they break I am not thousands of dollars in the hole.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We got a sectional delivered. During the delivery one of the sectional legs had a nail sticking out the bottom that gouged our wood floor. One of the sectional pieces was missing the connector brackets so the unit doesn’t stay together. We made several attempts to contact customer service via phone and email and left messages but was not able to get ahold of anyone and no one has responded. I’ll deal with the gouged floor but I at least would like the sectional to stay together… Ridiculous! The product is OK, but you’re on your own once it’s in your home, their warranty is a lie!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Long story for me with La-Z-Boy, but the short story is that this sectional is a replacement for a different couch and loveseat that I had originally bought (Colby). I received what I thought was going to be better furniture having chosen a different couch altogether and I was wrong. Strike 2 La-Z-Boy. I only gave this 1 star because I love the sectional idea, look and fabric of the Reese Sectional. With that said, this sectional is absolutely NOT worth the money. The store sample/display furniture was great but not what I actually got. What I received is in no way shape or form of the what used to be the reputation and or standards of La-Z-Boy. The fabric is great, the color is perfect, but the construction is absolutely horrible. I feel that the manufacturing is rushed and the furniture is cheaply made.

To me a sectional should flow and fit nicely together like it was made as all one, however the couch I received is not. The cushions are different sizes, some are filled more than others, the top cushions are uneven, some shorter than others and seams do not match. Both the single recliner and the loveseat are unsteady and wobbly.

I called the store manager and told him my thoughts of the new furniture and he did send out his delivery manager. Delivery manager agreed that this is not acceptable and told me that the manager would reach out. No call and no response to my emails. So, after two weeks, I reached out to customer care/corporate and sent an email with pictures of my issues. Several emails went back and forth, I was told by corporate that they can tell by the pictures, the couch I paid THOUSANDS of dollars for, needed to be fluffed. Yes, Fluffed and even sent me a video on how to. They did offer to send a tech out to show me how to correctly fluff it! Shocked at this answer for sure. I responded and told them that I didn't understand how they could form any opinion by only looking at the pictures and that I DID NOT want a tech to come and show me how to FLUFF the furniture but to come out and see for themselves.

1/3/23 - Tech came out and said that a "couple pieces of the sectional need to be repaired." He ordered new cushions and "top of recliner", fluffed the corner and tried to adjust the fabric. Soon as we sat in it the corner is right back in the shape it was before the tech came out. I reached back out to tell him it was unacceptable and I'd like another to look at it and as of 1/11 - no response. This couch needs to be completely replaced or my money refunded, period. I paid for great furniture and I deserve great furniture.

Note** At NO time during the hours I spent at La-Z-Boy with the store manager choosing this couch was I told that I would need to fluff the couch on a regular basis or I most certainly would not have chosen it. My advice is to REALLY investigate the furniture if you feel that you want La-Z-Boy. The furniture is beautiful to look at, but from my experience, not made well and not for family use. The quality is not at all what it used to be. Save your money and go with a more customer based company with better furniture.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I ordered 2 rocker/recliners. After waiting 6 months for them to arrive I refused the delivery as they looked horrible. Seams are crooked, fabric was pulled to the side causing fabric to ripple. Waited another 5 months for replacements to be made which were just as bad. I have been a long time La Z Boy customer but no more.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

On December 13, I paid to have a technician come out to see about repairing a chair. He came out a couple days later, and said he would have to order three parts, which happened to be in stock. They would send them to me, then I am to call to have a technician sent out to do the actual repair. Well, it's now January 4, and I have heard nothing. I called the technician, and their company said the order had been placed with La-Z-Boy. Since then, I have spent close to 25 HOURS on hold, with no one answering the phone. I'm NOT kidding about the 25 hours! The number I called is 937-431-9554. Is there no one who can help get this chair repaired? You can look it up under my phone number. Harbor Town Chair 100501528.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I purchased a sofa in Sept. 2022 and told delivery would be the end of December. On 12/20/2022, I called for an update on delivery and I am now told delivery will be the end of March 2023. Seven months for manufacturing and delivering a sofa! Bah humbug.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I purchased our recliners Nov, 2020. A little over a year later the head piece broke. I had purchased the warranty but apparently only good for a year. After paying $160 plus tax to have a technician come out then paying for parts, the tech came out to fix it and said La-Z-Boy didn't deliver all the parts (Techs are 3rd party) so I had to call La-Z-Boy and they told me a different story. Now tech's scheduled to come back out. We will see what happens. And all this so far has taken over 2 months and still not resolved. So #1 the warranty was a waste of money. #2 customer service needs improvement, #3 communication between La-Z-Boy and 3rd party techs is AWEFUL!, and lastly, this was the 1ST and last time I buy anything from La-Z-Boy.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

In 2001, I had bought 2 La-Z-Boy reclining leather loveseats and it took 18 years before they start sagging. I think I really got a good product for my money. So in Feb. 2021 I bought one of the same to replace them due to my past experience. I never received them until Dec. 2021. Within 5 weeks after delivery, the bottom cushions had sagged 2½ inches and back cushions the same. I contacted the store (JC Perreault) and they tried to give me a good service but after replacing twice the bottom cushions and once the back, the end results is the same and their conclusion is those cushions are within La-z-boy specifications which to my opinion is way under average quality. So you can understand my extreme disappointment. My conclusion, never buy La-z-boy anymore.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I ordered a recliner on May 3, 2021. It took until February, 2022, to receive it. I understood the supply chain issues and shipping issues going on in the world, so I didn’t complain. When I did call the Customer Service department, they always gave me a date just to shut me up, even though they had no real idea when the chair would be delivered. Saying “I don’t know” would have been more honest. But I was excited on the day of delivery.

On that day, two young and seemingly inexperienced young men delivered my chair and, as they set it up, I noticed a large gash in the front left leg. I couldn’t believe it. After all this time waiting, my chair was delivered damaged. They took pictures, as did I, and sent them somewhere to La-Z-Boy and said I needed to call Customer Service and schedule a repair.

So, I called Customer Service right away (had to wait over an hour for a Rep) only to be told the soonest someone could come to my house about the repair was in April. I truly couldn’t believe it. The day before the repair person was to arrive in April, I got a message from La-Z-Boy that he wasn’t feeling well and wouldn’t be able to come. I was instructed to call back to Customer Service and schedule another appointment. Two things here, (1) they should have called me and rescheduled rather than me spending another hour waiting to talk to a Rep; and (2) there’s only one repair guy for my whole area? Really? Aren’t they a large corporation.

So, I call back right away and am told (after my hour plus wait on the phone) that the repair person won’t be able to come until July 2! Are you kidding?? That was the Saturday of the Fourth of July weekend, so I had to rearrange my plans for the Fourth because I really wanted my chair fixed. On July 2 the repair person shows up only to tell me he can’t fix my chair at this point. He will have to order a part. He told me he had never seen the pictures of the damage or would have known to order the part ahead of time.

On August 16, 2022, I called Customer Service again and waited 1 hour and 30 minutes before talking to a Rep (I am beginning to think these wait times are to drive customers away). The Rep said the part was on back order (more blaming of supply chain issues – do they only have one of these chairs in the USA?). She told me she would check on the part and call me back. She never called.

On September 14, 2022, I called back and waited 1 hour and 18 minutes and talked to Kevin. He told me the part was ordered but had no estimated time of delivery. He said he would contact the factory and call me back. He also offered me a discount on my purchase price but was not specific. I never heard back from him either. So, on September 28, 2022, I wrote a letter to Melinda Whittington, President and CEO of La-Z-Boy, to describe my situation and displeasure. On October 20, I got an email from Executive Escalations at La-Z-Boy saying the part was to be delivered on October 22 and I was scheduled to have the part installed on November 4. This was the first I heard that I had a scheduled appointment. Lucky for me, I was available. They give no consideration for the customer’s schedule.

I really just wanted to return the chair at this point. It is very nice looking but not that comfortable. They would not take it back but offered me a 10 percent discount on October 25. It took almost another month and two more one hour and 20 minute waits on hold before I got my refund. I swear their customer service people are trained to tell you they will call you back just to get you off the phone. I understand there were supply chain issues in the beginning; but the rest of the experience is just really bad customer service. I would not recommend buying from them and I certainly won’t again.

La-Z-Boy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This furniture manufacturer known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information