La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
2.26/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

6580 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Please do not buy these reclining fake leather sofas. They are flaking and peeling everywhere you sit. I called the store I bought them from here in Key West, FL. called ROYAL FURNITURE. They have very upscale pricey furniture so I bought with confidence...and the brand was LA-Z-BOY so I had no reservations. I was told they were leather sofas... They are not real leather but something else that peels and flakes everywhere; you have to sweep and vacuum every day around the sofas. There is such a mess.

I called ROYAL FURNITURE and they said the 1 yr warranty had expired and there was nothing they could do. The woman I spoke with was rude and abrupt. She suggested I call a leather restorer and gave me his name. I called him and he told me the sofas could not be repaired because they weren't leather. He said there was nothing I could do but reupholster them and that would cost me more than I paid for them.

I then called ROYAL FURNITURE back to speak with the owner...I think his name was BRUCE. When I finally got to speak with him he could only suggest I call LA-Z-BOY, which I did. They were more helpful and asked me to provide the model #s and send pictures, which I did. After a few weeks of review, I was told the only thing they could offer was that I pick other sofas and they would discount their prices. But they couldn't tell me how much that would be. I am retired and on Social Security. I needed more information as to how much the replacement sofas would cost me, but they said they could not provide that information. I cannot make a decision without knowing the cost.

I feel very cheated by ROYAL FURNITURE and LA-Z-BOY. It's unfair and fraudulent to be treated this way. I would have been better off going to one of the furniture stores in Miami that lets you know what you are buying and at a much more reasonable price. Shame on LA-Z-BOY for making such an inferior product and not standing behind it. And shame on ROYAL FURNITURE for not taking responsibility for selling it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have owned 4 La-Z-Boy recliners. Two have had real problems with the upholstery. The latest was a $1,000 leather chair. It appears that what appeared to be dyed leather is nothing more than a sprayed dark finish on tanned leather. After one year, the finish has started to peel off and it leaves two big light colored spots. I have done nothing to cause the damage, but sit in the chair.

I called the company within the warranty claim period at the number they show when I have a problem. No one has ever picked up the phone and I have left a message which has never been returned after several efforts. If you want cheap merchandise, don't spend top dollar. This is a company that once had a good reputation. The ratings simply confirm my experience that this company is going downhill in product and service.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My new couch has wrinkles after you sit on it that stay looks like a used couch. La-Z-Boy thinks it’s acceptable within their specs. Will never buy La-Z-Boy and will pass on my pics of this sad piece of furniture. Rating 0 but won’t take it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I ordered the Natalie ottoman to match my Natalie sectional. The ottoman dimensions are three inches shorter than what was stated on the catalog and website. My ottoman has a 16 inches height. The catalog and website both state the Natalie ottoman has a height of 19 inches. I reached out to customer care via email and no one has responded to my concern. I feel like I got ripped off. Looks like I will be filing a small claims court to resolve this issue.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a recliner and couch from La-Z-Boy in November. I finally received it weeks after I was supposed to get it. The couch and recliner look beautiful and both are comfortable. The problem is the recliner. When I put the foot rest down, it makes a horrible loud noise like an mini explosion. I had their Comfort Care people come look at it and he says that the noise is normal. I assure you that if any of the recliners I sat in at the store made this kind of obnoxious noise I would never have purchased anything. As I just got off the phone with the Comfort Care people again, I am still fuming as they are telling me they can do nothing. Time will tell, but I certainly won't be shopping at La-Z-Boy ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My parents ordered a set of La-Z-Boy recliners when I was 16 years old - back in 1993. We enjoyed the recliners and they were heavily used for years. Fast forward to 2008 when my husband and I were starting our own family. We inherited the set of La-Z-Boy recliners from my parents. Now they were in heavy use again with my husband, myself, and eventually four children (as well as four foster children!). Fast forward to 2019. We still have the recliners sitting in our family room. We believe now that they are indestructible. They are still in great condition! Our recliners are a true testament to La-Z-Boy's commitment to building quality furniture. Thank you for giving us a product that has lasted us for two generations!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Less than 2 years after our purchase of a sofa and love seat and also purchasing an extended warranty, a seat cushion on the love seat is coming apart at the seam. La-Z-Boy sent pictures to the Corporate office but they offered no assistance at all except that for another $150.00 we could have a replacement cover. Extremely shoddy customer service and obviously shoddy furniture. I will never shop there again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased 1-2016 mechanism. Replaced in 2017, mechanism has broken again. Another 109 service call that they for some reason cannot seem to understand that I need service on Tuesday my day off and they rescheduled twice and still no service date set, also leather on foot stretched at seams. At this point I want a replacement chair. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought two pieces at their "Friends and Family" event. One chair and one small sofa. $2,000. The sofa is worn out in six months. The foam in the cushions has shifted and the material has matted. The chair was delivered with one wrong leg. We are still waiting for the correct one. The service people never reply.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I went to Belpre Furniture before Christmas and ordered a couch and recliner. I was told it would arrive in 6 weeks. Well, here we are in February and no furniture. Belpre Furniture says it’s on a truck. It’s been on a truck for over a week. Belpre Furniture says it’s a La-Z-Boy truck and they have no way to track it. So, I called La-Z-Boy. They say Belpre Furniture is an independent store and it's up to them to track the furniture. Then they transferred me to Belpre Furniture. I will never patronize either again and will begin trying to get my down payment back tomorrow. Both were rude and not helpful. Don’t buy anything from Belpre Furniture or La-Z-Boy. That’s my recommendation.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My first repair appointment I sat home for two hours waiting and five minutes before the window of time was closing he called to say he wasn't coming. I was livid and after I left the house they did send somebody. My son was home and said the person was quite rude. In the end I was right that the visit was needed. Second visit, now that parts have been received and a date has been set. NO phone call telling me the time frame. None. I called the general number and was able to find out that it was indeed still scheduled. The window is almost closing again and no sign or word from the repair person. I will never do business again with a company with so little regard for their customers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

6 months ago we purchased two chairs from the Vernon Hills IL La-Z-Boy Gallery. Upon delivery we knew they were broken. They made clunking noises when we sat down and swiveled. They also rocked, because the bases were cracked, not because we ordered rockers. Plus there is no lumbar support, which makes them very uncomfortable. We called and complained within an hour of receiving them. A serviceman came a couple of weeks later and ordered new parts, when they arrived the parts were wrong.

When the new parts came they were broken. We wanted to return the chairs. The store said it was up to service dept. Service said it was up to the store. After speaking to store and service I called corporate. I was told they'd be repaired and I would receive a partial refund for my troubles. The chairs were never repaired properly and I've never received the refund. We went shopping for new chairs today. I made a very expensive mistake by going to La-Z-Boy. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I purchased a rocker recliner in 2016. Recently, the lever fell off. After attempting to re-attach it several times unsuccessfully, I purchased a replacement handle with bolt from La-Z-Boy in Bend. It will not install correctly, it appears the area it bolts into is stripped. I emailed customer service and never received a reply. I called local store ho told me I would be charged to pick up and $60.00 an hour to repair! It is mechanical failure on a 3 year old product! I am livid!! I will NEVER shop La-Z-Boy again as their once long lasting products can now be considered disposable after a few years!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We have had La-Z-Boy chairs for years. One part continues to break. Very small part I can take care of myself. Local store has no idea on any replacement parts. Call service and after sitting on hold for 5 plus minutes the calls continues to keep getting cut off. I have been trying for over three weeks to get part. You don't mind taking our money but after that you are on your own because there is no service to be found. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

In less then 3 years and not much usage the fabric started changing color and texture. At my expense the fabric was replaced on three pieces, it then looked loose and not sitting properly on the units. Service came again and ordered foam to be placed under the fabric, also at my expense. This has not been installed but has arrived at my home. I received 3 pieces of foam at a price way exceeding their value. If foam is required this looks like a product failure and should be no cost for repair. I would like a employee of the manufacturer to come see this not an outside repair company. We bought your product because we trusted you over less expensive sectionals, but the repairs that have been required and additional cost make this a questionable decision. Please contact me so we can resolve this problem.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Although the people at the store were great, the same cannot be said of Customer Care. I bought an entire house of furniture and with the exception of 2 bedroom sets, all went back. It is next to impossible to reach Customer Care and when I did, they didn't seem interested in providing 'customer care'.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I saved my money to buy a "good" couch. I have had my couch since last March. I live alone. I am the only one that sits on it, and I usually sit on the end near a lamp so I can read. The seat cushions are fine, but the cushions on the back are sunken in. They don't hold their shape. It's like the stuffing is just too soft to hold the shape. I am disappointed. (I am not a heavy person, so that's not the reason the cushions don't hold their shape.)

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased 2 Rowan power recliners, adjustable lumbar, headrest. I paid over $2300.00 for the set. They didn't have this model in the store in the power, just the manual but they did have the less expensive model in power. We tried it, liked it and bought it. This model is NOT the same. The leg rest DOES NOT come up as high as the cheaper model, one chair is thinner than the other, (the store is going to replace the cushion) and it "clicks" as it is reclining! I paid a lot of money for these chairs and hate them. They are not comfortable at all. I have many Lazyboy furniture pieces and am very happy with them, but not these chairs. I think defective chairs should be replace not repaired. What options do I have? Stand behind your product, I don't want these chairs! They are broke after 1 month, They are not comfortable! The way they sound and feel after 1 month in 1 year they will be totally broke.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Had my $2000 sofa delivered on Tuesday and by Friday I noticed the headrest was sagging down from loose material and the seat cushion developed a few deep creases on the side where I sit. My wife's side is also showing signs of flattening out on the headrest and the cushion is starting to wrinkle after 3 DAYS OF USE!! The store is letting me return it for a full refund so BYE BYE La-Z-Boy!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I am extremely disappointed in my recent experience just trying to get a new transformer for my power chair. After having to call and text the technician more than one for a response and not then sitting on hold for 15 minutes with Customer Service three days in a row (without anyone ever picking up, btw) I am absolutely done with your company. Lazy for sure. Do not contact me.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The end of the arms is all frayed away. These chairs are 2 yrs old and Lazyboy will not do a thing, they said they don’t guarantee the fabric. I have previously bought many items through the years but am shocked they wouldn’t offer to at least repair the , i will never set forth in their store again. Before you buy, make sure you know what they will guarantee. Lazyboy will not do anything for you, very poor purchase and customer satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Bought two recliners from Harvey Norman Moorabbin store. After a few months, one of the chairs seemed to develop a cranking noise. First I called Harvey Norman. They assured me a representative from La-Z-Boy will contact me. Within two days Kerry from La-Z-Boy came to check chair. She was very helpful, kind and professional. In the future I will recommend La-Z-Boy to my friends and family.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We spent $5,000.00 on a living room set. Nashua NH store. We also spent $500.00 on a warranty. The night we brought it home and couldn't get the recliner to work. They sent a new cord and it still wouldn't work. I have been calling 3-4 times a week for a month. No return phone calls and they give me the runaround. I am so frustrated!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The policy of passing any expense for newly purchased warranty repairs to the customer is outrageous. Purchased on a Friday. Unboxed on Saturday. Terrible padding and tailoring. Monday we were told we would be charged to transport the unit back to store for repairs and would be without the unit for days. We have no way to deliver it ourselves and should not be out any expense or time with a chair that was junk from the factory. Prior La-Z-Boy problems were handled in my home with no charge to me. Never Never Never again!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had an almost 10 year old rocker recliner that was coming apart at the side arm frame. A little over 2 weeks ago, I called La-Z-Boy to see if there was anything that could be done. They asked me to send in a few photos before scheduling a service person to come to my home. After a few days, I got a voicemail that I would be receiving a full credit of the purchase price of the original chair. After having 3 other people listen to the message to make sure my hearing wasn't bad, I called to confirm. Cassandra, the representative did confirm that they would be in contact with my local store to issue the store credit. Not an hour later, I got a call from Elizabeth, at my local store, inviting me to come in and have a look around, and also gave me the store manager's name, Darren, in case I needed a manager for anything.

We went and selected a new chair, and it was delivered a short while ago. Chicago was hit by a pretty good snowstorm last night, yet Javi and Armando were able to deliver my chair 30 minutes into my 3 hour delivery window. That's pretty impressive! My whole experience has been amazing, and I could not be more pleased with the service your employees provided, from the 800 number to the delivery guys...100% professional. Thank you La-Z-Boy!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I purchased a power recliner in 2013 for my husband from La-Z-Boy in Reno, Nv. for $1500. I had to transport it to their service dept. twice in the first 3 years because plastic parts broke and I had to pay for labor to install new parts. Evidently the last time they worked on it, a bolt was left out completely. One of the motor actuators broke at the end and a new one is $200+. I am sure the missing bolt caused the aluminum pot metal actuator to break. I informed the service dept. but they don't care. I have tried to find a used part on eBay but none available. I would never purchase a La-Z-Boy item ever again. I have a useless chair after 5 years.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I really wish there were negative stars for this company. Customer Service, they don't know the meaning. Have a problem, don't go to the store, the sales manger will blow you off. Call corporate and they tell you what you want to hear. Quality of product, does not exist for La-Z-Boy anymore. I don't think I have been lied to like this in all my life. Don't pay with your credit card, they store the card in case of a dispute and they keep hitting the card. They can't deny they did this, I have proof. We had to block 2 of our cards to date, one we closed. There is a saying "BUYER BEWARE". I bet La-Z-Boy doesn't have the nerve to post this.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Purchased furniture 11/10/17. Spent over $4800.00. September 2018 submitted a warranty repair work order. Nov 30 2018, seats replaced on two recliner. Problem solved? Nope. The whole unit needed repair. So we submit another warranty work order in around Dec 1st. As of today still nothing. Sorry holidays were more important. So today the repair center called. They will TAKE our furniture... wait for it... to add more stuffing. Is this what La-Z-Boy furniture has come to??? Guess what this is our last purchase. Not totally done with this issue. It explains why the One Year warranty...

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I would rate this a zero but there is no selection for it. When I purchased my sofa 2 years ago I purchased the Ultra Shield 5 year protection plan, because I have pets and it covers pet stains. I've called them twice in the last 2 years and both times they "reviewed" my claim and denied it so they would not come out and clean the stain. I followed all their protocols (call within 5 days of the incident, send pictures, identify the stain) and they still would not clean the stain. When I was sold this protection plan, La-Z-Boy told me I could also call Ultra Shield any time to have my entire couch cleaned. This is untrue. The coverage includes a spot clean of the incident, IF you can get them to come out. And, if they clean a spot and can't get it out and you get another spot on the same couch cushion, the warranty is void on that cushion. Worst warranty ever. Shame on La-Z-Boy for selling this!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I really wish I would have seen the other reviews here... I would have second guessed my purchase. Dropped about like everyone else on a sectional having always known of La-Z-Boy's quality. This thing is a giant piece of crap. Have had it less than a year - have to constantly pull threads from the cording, the seat material is stretched and wavy, the partially attached cushions at this point look like we got the thing at a second hand store. Get customer service out - the only response is, "Yeah the fabric does that". It looks like trash and that's exactly where it's going to go. I could buy crap quality couches every year for what I paid and treat them as disposable... I wish I had. Nothing like making your customers feel like a fool for buying your product there La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

LZB
    1928
    www.la-z-boy.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.