2. Homeowners

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 3,641 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We have had 2 love seat recliners from La-Z Boy. They have both been of excellent quality. Our son was very excited when we told him we had decided to buy new living room furniture for our move from house to apartment. He immediately asked for the love seat recliner. Our daughter took the rest of the furniture but was not impressed that her brother had beat her to the punch asking for the recliner. The only reason they gave it up was because they moved from London, Ontario to Victoria, BC. They didn't take any of their furniture.

A friend of theirs asked for the recliner. So as far as we know, it is still in use. We bought it 13 years ago. It was used every day (unless we were away) by my husband and myself. We only had to have it repaired once. The service was excellent. All that was required was a new spring for the reclining mechanism. The repairman looked over the whole chair and ended up replacing one for the other side as well. Our new chair is two years old, red leather and looks like new. The store staff were excellent and always remember us.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

My husband and I have been customers at La-Z-Boy for close to 40 years. 2 years ago, we purchased several Devon sectional pieces for our family room in brown faux leather. We worked with the interior designer, Jessica, and bought some additional items to tie the room together. We were happy with the end result. However, about 3 months ago we noted that one of the pieces of the sectional, the faux leather was defective and flaking and peeling. We were informed by the store personnel that we would need to contact their Service Department.

After approximately a month of phone calls and photos, La-Z-Boy offered us a full in-store credit for the entire unit we had purchased. We happened to be in La-Z-Boy during the Columbus Day sale...the same Devon unit was on sale in a tweed fabric for almost the exact price as our in-store credit. To create the same unit we had before, we would have to purchase the Devon Corner Unit and pay delivery fees, which we were willing to do. ** and other staff members at the 3055 W Chandler Blvd Location in Chandler, AZ, went out of their way to adjust the invoice so that we walked out of the store with a new Devon Sectional covered completely by the the in-store credit and the delivery fee was dropped. Needless to say, La-Z-Boy went above and beyond to satisfy the customer.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a recliner that we bought 2 1/2 years ago. I was getting ready to buy more from La-Z-Boy when I noticed a hole being worn in the leather when it reclined. This hole was not visible when chair was in upright position. Upon investigation, we found that the hole was caused by a staple that was not fully embedded into the wood, a problem since construction. Contacting the store did no good, they are independently owned and not interested in servicing previous customers.

The company, however, was quite concerned and helped me to find a leather refinisher and paid the fee charged by the refinisher to fix my chair. I am more than pleased. They did an excellent job, and since the leather was no longer available, it was the only option. The repair looks great...not even visible. It took a while for this to be resolved, but as I stated, we are very pleased. My husband loves this recliner, and he now has many more years of use. I appreciate the Customer Care department of La-Z-Boy. Only reason for 4 stars was the response of the La-Z-Boy, independently owned store.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

La-Z-Boy South Florida Location. I was extremely happy from the moment I walked in the door of La-Z-Boy on our schedule appointment. The store itself was set up nicely. We were greeted right away and welcome came from friendly lady who wore a big smile who we let know we were here to see, Keith ** (Sales Consultant). We sat down with him and talked about our design goals, our differences in design style my husband and I had in mind. He listen carefully. He explained the interior design process and the interior designer who would be assigned to this project to work with us.

During our talk with Keith the interior designer who was actually scheduled on his day off stop by to meet us anyway. (It really cannot get any better than that.) Short pleasant and briefs we met. Well, it did gets better. We had send floor plans for our project early in the week to Keith to provide to the interior designer. After making some furniture selection Keith asked the store manager to assist him since our designer was not available at the time and guess who that was... It was the friendly, warm and pleasant lady who greeted us in the beginning. We now know her as Nadia ** (Assistant Store Manager). She did a floor plan for us, assist with colors and fabrics selections for our chosen furniture. The layout was confirmed with the interior designer when he came to the home to field verify the process began. Yes, it continue to get better.

Today’s was delivery day. Nadia and Keith BOTH came along with the furniture delivery personnel. We felt very special they made sure every piece of furniture purchased set-up accord to the floor plan, Nadia and Keith were very hands on. They left once they knew we love the set-up and it was what we had expected. It was better than expected. Customer service was outstanding and totally over the top. Shoutout goes to the entire A Team at La-Z-Boy who made our vision a reality. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had an almost 10 year old rocker recliner that was coming apart at the side arm frame. A little over 2 weeks ago, I called La-Z-Boy to see if there was anything that could be done. They asked me to send in a few photos before scheduling a service person to come to my home. After a few days, I got a voicemail that I would be receiving a full credit of the purchase price of the original chair. After having 3 other people listen to the message to make sure my hearing wasn't bad, I called to confirm. Cassandra, the representative did confirm that they would be in contact with my local store to issue the store credit. Not an hour later, I got a call from Elizabeth, at my local store, inviting me to come in and have a look around, and also gave me the store manager's name, Darren, in case I needed a manager for anything.

We went and selected a new chair, and it was delivered a short while ago. Chicago was hit by a pretty good snowstorm last night, yet Javi and Armando were able to deliver my chair 30 minutes into my 3 hour delivery window. That's pretty impressive! My whole experience has been amazing, and I could not be more pleased with the service your employees provided, from the 800 number to the delivery guys...100% professional. Thank you La-Z-Boy!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

After talking to your service technician today, I am more frustrated than ever. I will definitely spread the work that if anyone thinks they want to buy La-Z-Boy furniture they should absolutely hesitate to buy any kind furniture or warranty. It cost over $300 for a useless warranty. I wouldn't purchase a piece of La-Z-Boy furniture ever again. Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired. In fact your customer service stinks. Misleading warranty protection at the stores. Without even seeing the furniture, we were denied coverage. Totally unsatisfied with your company. Our chair is less than two years old and is very uncomfortable. At a cost of over $700 per chair, you would think it would last more than a couple of years.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Let me start by saying, Thank you for making furniture that stands the test of time. I am a disabled 220lb man who spends about 20 hours a day in my LaZBoy Grand Canyon recliner *purchased 2-23-2003. I sleep, eat and watch tv from my chair. the chair was purchased on 2-23-2003 and has been used 20 hours a day since. The chair still looks great but the foam has broken down causing me pressure sores from the wood under the arms and footrest. I was wondering if you could provide me a discount for a long time, low income consumer. I love your products but cant afford a new chair right now at a price I can afford. I have told every family member and friend of the excellent quality furniture Lazy Makes.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Oh this has been adventure in **. I custom ordered a blue recliner. Delivered in 60 days. The sewing on the right arm was over lapped causing a wrinkle in the arm... Not perfect. Called the BS custom complaint line. Wanted a new chair... Told no make new arm this after their tech showed up and said couldn't repair it. New arm shows up 2 weeks later. Color doesn't match about 20 cu darker. Call La-z-boy again. Having tech stop by today to install new arm but was told by their BS customer staff he was suppose to take pictures? Before warned this company is selling cheaply made furniture on an old reputation of good furniture made from maple. Now they use flake board made in China that is loaded with asbestos for fire reduction. Since chemical fire retardant chemicals were banned 6 years ago that were in everything. Do not do business with this company. CHEAPER IS BETTER OUGHT TO BE THE COMPANY LOGO.. 20 VPS REALLY!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Not a good experience with La-Z-Boy. My sales rep was very nice and helpful. After purchase is when everything fell apart. Ordered a custom chair. Waited 10 weeks for it to arrive. Took delivery in early September. A little over three weeks after delivery, it broke. Called for a service visit. It took almost a month for a tech to come out. Diagnosis dictated that parts were needed to fix. No calls. No updates. Had to call every time for an update. It's now the middle of January and we finally have a fully functioning repaired chair after numerous calls, poor communication, and an overall terrible customer service experience. This chair was expensive, it malfunctioned and broke shortly after delivery and took nearly four months for them to repair. Don't think we'll be headed back to La-Z-Boy and would not recommend!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I waited 20 years to buy new living room furniture and decided to go with La-Z-Boy. Big mistake! The color on my $2000 leather recliner started to wear off after only a year. They sent a repairman and he stated that they should replace the chair. Well, years later, I have a chair that looks terrible! Most people don’t have the money to just go out and buy new furniture every year! Don’t buy from La-Z-Boy... Terrible customer service and cheap products.

Not sure about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team