La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
3.73/5
Based on 3,630 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I recently went to La-Z-Boy (Tucson store on Broadway) to purchase a new recliner for my elderly mom. John ** spent a great deal of time helping me customize a chair for her specific needs. Once the chair was delivered and we determined that the modifications would not work, they quickly offered to replace the chair with a similar one that we once again thought would work. My mother was still unable to use the chair and I had to turn to the spectacular professionals at La-Z-Boy one more time! This time CJ spent several hours with my mom and I trying out chairs until we came up with a solution. And we were refunded money on the original purchase as well!

I have purchased several pieces of furniture over the years from this store and they are always knowledgeable, professional and helpful. The products are high quality and last forever. I would give them 10 stars if that were possible. Thanks to everyone at the Broadway store. You definitely made a stressful event less so... THANK YOU!!!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have a recliner that we bought 2 1/2 years ago. I was getting ready to buy more from La-Z-Boy when I noticed a hole being worn in the leather when it reclined. This hole was not visible when chair was in upright position. Upon investigation, we found that the hole was caused by a staple that was not fully embedded into the wood, a problem since construction. Contacting the store did no good, they are independently owned and not interested in servicing previous customers.

The company, however, was quite concerned and helped me to find a leather refinisher and paid the fee charged by the refinisher to fix my chair. I am more than pleased. They did an excellent job, and since the leather was no longer available, it was the only option. The repair looks great...not even visible. It took a while for this to be resolved, but as I stated, we are very pleased. My husband loves this recliner, and he now has many more years of use. I appreciate the Customer Care department of La-Z-Boy. Only reason for 4 stars was the response of the La-Z-Boy, independently owned store.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

La-Z-Boy South Florida Location. I was extremely happy from the moment I walked in the door of La-Z-Boy on our schedule appointment. The store itself was set up nicely. We were greeted right away and welcome came from friendly lady who wore a big smile who we let know we were here to see, Keith ** (Sales Consultant). We sat down with him and talked about our design goals, our differences in design style my husband and I had in mind. He listen carefully. He explained the interior design process and the interior designer who would be assigned to this project to work with us.

During our talk with Keith the interior designer who was actually scheduled on his day off stop by to meet us anyway. (It really cannot get any better than that.) Short pleasant and briefs we met. Well, it did gets better. We had send floor plans for our project early in the week to Keith to provide to the interior designer. After making some furniture selection Keith asked the store manager to assist him since our designer was not available at the time and guess who that was... It was the friendly, warm and pleasant lady who greeted us in the beginning. We now know her as Nadia ** (Assistant Store Manager). She did a floor plan for us, assist with colors and fabrics selections for our chosen furniture. The layout was confirmed with the interior designer when he came to the home to field verify the process began. Yes, it continue to get better.

Today’s was delivery day. Nadia and Keith BOTH came along with the furniture delivery personnel. We felt very special they made sure every piece of furniture purchased set-up accord to the floor plan, Nadia and Keith were very hands on. They left once they knew we love the set-up and it was what we had expected. It was better than expected. Customer service was outstanding and totally over the top. Shoutout goes to the entire A Team at La-Z-Boy who made our vision a reality. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had an almost 10 year old rocker recliner that was coming apart at the side arm frame. A little over 2 weeks ago, I called La-Z-Boy to see if there was anything that could be done. They asked me to send in a few photos before scheduling a service person to come to my home. After a few days, I got a voicemail that I would be receiving a full credit of the purchase price of the original chair. After having 3 other people listen to the message to make sure my hearing wasn't bad, I called to confirm. Cassandra, the representative did confirm that they would be in contact with my local store to issue the store credit. Not an hour later, I got a call from Elizabeth, at my local store, inviting me to come in and have a look around, and also gave me the store manager's name, Darren, in case I needed a manager for anything.

We went and selected a new chair, and it was delivered a short while ago. Chicago was hit by a pretty good snowstorm last night, yet Javi and Armando were able to deliver my chair 30 minutes into my 3 hour delivery window. That's pretty impressive! My whole experience has been amazing, and I could not be more pleased with the service your employees provided, from the 800 number to the delivery guys...100% professional. Thank you La-Z-Boy!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I looked long and hard for a leather motion reclining sofa for our den. Of course complete and real leather furniture is quite expensive ~ so when the salesperson showed me a Tyler motion reclining sofa that was made with a "leather look and feel" material in the style, color and size I wanted, I was delighted with my purchase. HOWEVER, in about 18 months the material showed obvious cracking in the cushions. I had purchased the extended warranty and contacted La-Z-Boy.

I was beyond pleased when Chris (store manager) and Jerry (salesman) told me La-Z-Boy had experienced problems with this sofa and no longer carried this product. They gave me a full credit for my original purchase and I selected a new sofa. One of the main reasons I purchased from La-Z-Boy in the first place was I thought they stood behind the products they sold. I'm glad I did... The Florida store certainly did stand behind the product and customer. I'm looking forward to receiving my new (all leather this time) sofa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

We purchased a sleeper sofa, sofa and recliner from La-Z-Boy, Troy MI in May 2019 (delivery was July). The sales associate was great, hands down. Our sleep sofa arrived damaged late July 2019. (After the truck delivered it to the wrong house - we moved - and we had to reschedule.) The delivery man took a picture of it and told my husband to call for service. I called for service instead, and the man came out and told me there is nothing wrong and left. I then called the service center again to have someone return to my house. I reschedule an appt. and the service man called the wrong number and arrived 40 minutes early on Aug 17 2019. He left a note, didn't attempt to ring or knock---we MADE sure someone was home waiting for the service call, stating that I needed to call again for a reschedule.

I again called, this time a supervisor at the Troy store, and a service man came out Sept 13, 2019. The supervisor stated we would receive compensation for all the issues we had. The service man told me on Sept 13, that we would get a new sleeper sofa since this one arrived damaged and that we would be moved to top of the list for delivery. Oct 21, my husband received a text that La-Z-Boy would be out with a delivery. Our expectation based on the conversation from Sept 13, was that the sleeper sofa was being exchanged. (We have been waiting over 5 weeks for the sofa.) The delivery, instead, was a huge box of the frame for the sleeper sofa and nothing more. This huge box is sitting my living room and I have to AGAIN call for someone to install this frame to replace the damaged frame--I never got a new sofa sleeper.

I called corporate on Oct 22, 1-800-375-6890, and spoke to Claudia, and she explained I had to call Troy again. I am so upset and disappointed with the service from La-Z-Boy and the time we have had to carve out of our work day, several times, to take care of something that could have reasonably been fixed/replaced/repaired months ago. My father in law, retired after 20 years of service in the military, just ordered a couch from the same La-Z-Boy last weekend Oct 18 or 19. I have urged them to cancel this order since my service experience is/was atrocious. I will be calling Troy again today. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

There has been replacement parts for my chair on order for 9 weeks or more. I live in chronic pain and it's one of the few things in life that brings me any comfort at all. Apparently replacement parts are not high on the company's priority list. I'm sorry to say that I can not recommend this company's products to anyone as a result.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I went to a La-z Boy furniture store and can not complain about the sales staff, they were fine.. I had recently purchased a love seat and a sofa from the store and it took seven weeks for delivery, barely acceptable since the furniture needed to be assembled. However, when intending to purchase two end tables from the store I was told the furniture would not be delivered for approximately two months. A deal breaker. I do not believe in the current retail or any environment, this type of service is acceptable.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Worst sofa I have ever had. Paid £4500. Thought I was getting a quality product. But how wrong I was. After just under 2 years the leather deteriorated. It was agreed that there was a fault with the leather, so they replaced the parts. 6 months after the same fault reoccurred but now they won't replace the parts. Offered me £1800 to take my sofa back?? So how's that helping? I'm losing £2700!! Worst company I have had the displeasure to deal with. Avoid at all costs!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We bought 2 bonded leather recliners - $880 each - 5 years ago. Within 2 years, both chair seats have worn through where the seat fabric was creased (original design). The chairs look like cheap old fashioned Naugahyde. Very disappointed in quality and wearability. And the extended 5?year extended warranty doesn’t cover “wear”. What a rip off.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer best known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs