2. Homeowners
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.7/5 (1481 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: July 27, 2021

We had an issue with the handle of our new recliner. Brian, the technician for Lazy Boy came out today and helped us tremendously. This man is a great asset to your business. It took him a long time to get to us as he told us his territory is huge and he is swamped but he did not rush us or act like our problem was not worth his time. Very polite and very professional. Thank you, Brian.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We shopped, compared, investigated, and negotiated for months back in 2001 for a new sofa and recliner. We went to several different stores. My husband is very detailed and analytical. He even developed a spread sheet for this process. After several visits and lots of questions we chose a La-Z-Boy sofa and recliner. We determined that based on the fact that the sofa and recliner would get lots of use, we also purchased the limited life-time warranty. We were very happy with our decision and we enjoyed the sofa for many years!

After several years, we had a mechanical malfunction. We called the service department and a technician came out and made the repairs at no-cost. Last year we had a spring that broke, again we called the service department. A technician came out and advised us that it could not be repair and because our model was discontinued it could not be replaced. He said he would have to discuss with his boss what the next steps would be. A couple of weeks later, we received a call letting us know that because we had purchased the warranty, we would receive a full credit and we could use it to buy a new sofa. We were very happy, because I wanted a new sofa. Again, true to form, my husband developed a spread sheet and had lots of question. Of course, the credit did not cover the entire cost of the new sofa that we selected, but it did cover a big part of it. We decided to purchase a new love seat as well.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

My husband and I had such a wonderful experience in your Latham, NY store. Kathy was so wonderful and the store manager Bill was great also. We had been to several other stores and bought from you guys because of Kathy and Bill. No one else treated us as good as they did. Your furniture is top notch and your people working for you just make it that much easier for us. Thanks to both of them. ????

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I love the styles and quality is what they really have going for them. Price Is high, so it makes it hard for a lot of consumers to be able to get and they spend money for junk that doesn’t last long at all. We have had a La-Z-Boy vibration recliner over 10 years. 1000 it cost. I know someone who bought something close to what it looks like and performance which only lasted about 2 years and they paid 400. You get what you pay for.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Over the years we have purchased 3 Lay-Z-Boy recliners. One is 25 years old and still works perfectly. It has been recovered. One is 8 years old and still looks and operates as new. One is 2 years old and was a present to my 96 year old mother. She spends half her life in it. It reclines to every possible angle and heats and vibrates to massage her back. It has been a blessing for her. To me, it has twice the value of its cost.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Worse purchase of my life! It has been barely past one year and the recliner sofas are falling apart (2 of them). We purchased a 3 years extended warranty and since my local store closed nobody wants to help us. We have been transferred I don't even know how many times. For one of the transfers we got sent to Ashley Furniture Store's customer care center! I wish we would have gone to Ashley Furniture store instead of going to a La-Z-Boy store. Poor quality, awful customer service and zero responsibility on honoring a warranty that we paid for with the store credit card. I am unable to locate the original receipt but we have the transaction information via the credit card company and still none will help us. Extremely disappointed! Would not recommend buying anything from this store. I don't write bad reviews but this is just unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We ordered a $2000 recliner back in March and were told it would be in by Oct! We are now told not until Dec. Oh they offered a free delivery but doesn't help me! I have a severe back and neck injury and need a chair. The La-z-boy we have is 15 YO and doesn't support anymore. 9 months is unreasonably long for a chair! We can get a car faster!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I’ve been waiting since July for a recliner. First I was told Sept then Jan then possibly sept. Last told I was informed my chair was in the warehouse ready to be shipped. Tried Multiple times to reach a sales rep only to be routed to Ohio. No one ever calls bac. If it wasn’t such a good product I would go elsewhere. This is the Setauket store. Very Disappointed in both the manager and service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The recliner I want to purchase costs around $600.00, but the fabric that I want adds an additional $800.00! What the?? Is this fabric made of gold strands woven by fairy nymphs? This alone will deter me from making a purchase, and I’m disappointed about it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We are retirees and have been La-Z-Boy customers for years. Almost 6 months ago we visited the Clearwater store and ordered a sofa. We gave them a $1,943 deposit and were told at the time that it would probably be a 6 month wait. We haven’t spoken to anyone since the original order, so I called the other day just to touch base and see if there were any updates since we’re almost at the 6 month mark; not to press for a quicker delivery time, not to get a definitive delivery date, but just to see IF there was an update. Every time I’ve called for the past couple of weeks I’m told that no one is available and that “someone will call me back in about 10 minutes.” We still haven’t been able to speak to anyone. I thought maybe if they really are that busy it might be quicker & easier for our salesman Tom to respond if I e-mailed him instead. No response.

Now we’re really getting apprehensive because they are completely ghosting us, they have almost $2,000 of our money and we have no idea if or when we might be getting our order. We understand that things get really busy sometimes, but to cut off all contact with the customer AFTER you get their money is really deplorable customer service. Their furniture quality used to be outstanding, but in recent years both their quality and customer service have been on a steady decline (read the online reviews). I wish we had taken our order somewhere else.

La-Z-Boy author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

This furniture manufacturer known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information