3.81/5
Based on 1,073 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Video
La-Z-Boy Gallery (2)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

6137 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchase my La-Z-Boy loveseat on 10/14/17 and in that timeframe it had to be repair twice and then again this week it broke. I requested for the unit to be replace and was denied by the store and corporate. They want to fix it one more time and if they can't figure what is wrong they will replace. I bought this furniture for about $2900 and it should be replace if it's not working correctly the first time. I am very dissatisfied and will never buy another La-Z-Boy furniture again if this is how a customer gets treated.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Loida, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 16, 2018

Purchased a two-person love seat recliner in mid-December. Love seat is electronic. Has 2 remotes. One sides leg rest stopped working in mid-March! Had service man replace electric box that controls functions of recliner. The chair worked for a few minutes after the serviceman left. It required another visit only to learn they want to replace the motor on one side. Plus the material is pulling out on one of the seams of the cushion, not good.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Warren, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased a La-Z-Boy recliner for $2200. I expected quality and no issues. The recliner has an attached remote with blue LED lights that bright up the room, no option to turn off the remote’s light unless you unplug the chair at night. It makes no sense and the store manager says it’s a great feature, so you can see at night. Most of their models have the same features without the LED lights, so that makes no sense. The blue light has a greater effect on phase shifting the circadian clock in body and on melatonin suppression, it essentially screws up your sleep.

The option I was given was to return it and exchange it for a model without neck and back support, or just hide the remote. That’s not an option, why should anyone have to be hiding a remote. The chair is not cheap, so you would expect La-Z-Boy would listen to their customers, thousands have complained about the same issue online and they are selling these chairs with the same issue and without warning customers.

Another issue, the rocker has a cling sound (metal sound) when you use it, my neighbors downstairs can hear the sound and it sounds louder when you’re sitting on the chair since the sound travels through the back of the recliner. I am very disappointed, I feel La-Z-Boy should offer me a replacement once a similar model arrives with a different remote or they should customize the chair with a different remote, I called about the issue on time to return it, so I am not doing this review to get rid of the chair after my return date, but I feel I shouldn’t have to return it. I am sharing my experience on every site possible, since the manager at the Northridge, CA store believes a refund or exchange is the best options, everyone should be warned. On a positive side, the chair is gorgeous and strong.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Bought my recliner 3 years ago. Had it in a room where it was not used a lot. Moved it in the living room and now the material is coming apart. Called. Said I had to pay someone to come out and then to pay for material. This is totally uncalled for.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Our old furniture was getting worn out. The La-Z-Boy manager was very good. He was very helpful and not high-pressure. We just told him and he didn't ask questions. He wrote stuff down and did a little sketch of what he thought would look good in our room. We sampled all of the furniture and it was of very good quality. Our experience was very positive. I like all the inventory there so I could really sample the different things. Also, I liked the person who came to our home to give us the final recommendations and took measurements. I'd recommend La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Julie, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a sofa that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: April 15, 2018

My father is moving in with me and I purchased a recliner from La-Z-Boy. My salesperson was outstanding and she was very helpful. I picked out what I wanted and it was on sale from 25% to 30% off and La-Z-Boy discounted it further. It's the most comfortable thing I've ever sat in. I looked at so many recliners too and La-Z-Boy was far better. There's no comparison on the comfort between this model that I got and the other brands. The La-Z-Boy quality is very good, but the finish on the leather could have been better. But when you're looking at a small piece, it's hard to tell. Also I get emails from them. It's like, "Well, do people purchase more than one La-Z-Boy?" When you purchase your La-Z-Boy, chances are that you don't have three La-Z-Boys in your house but I could be wrong. Overall, I would recommend La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Karen, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 14, 2018

We built a new home and purchased two La-Z-Boy couches. We went to the La-Z-Boy that was in Raleigh and that was not a good time. Then we went over to the one on Glenwood Avenue and that was much better and that was where we bought. The same furniture was in both stores but a different salesperson. The sales rep in Glenwood was great. We walked around and walked around and the guy kept asking us if we wanted any assistance. We told him we'd find him when we needed him. He was very willing to talk to us and help us get some patches so that my wife can match colors. We got the couches on sale and it was a good deal. Without the sale, it's too darn expensive. We scheduled the delivery about four times. The house was being delayed. But the furniture was delivered on time when they said they were going to do it when we finally got into the house. The quality of the furniture so far is good.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Junnie, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 14, 2018

We've had La-Z-Boy furniture for 25 years. Their quality and service are what kept us with them. Our furniture was worn out and we bought this swivel glider rocker recently. Their reps were friendly and knowledgeable about their products. The delivery people called, set up an appointment, and showed up on time. However, this ottoman made noise on it when it's in glider mode. This is the first time I've had a problem with a La-Z-Boy chair. They sent their technician out to take a look at it and found that it had been built wrong. The springs underneath weren’t in the right place. They have ordered us a new chair and I talked to a La-Z-Boy salesman this morning to replace the order for a replacement chair.

If the new one comes and there's no problem, then I’m happy. But if they repeat the same problem, I’m going to be very unhappy with La-Z-Boy and I won’t buy another one. But so far, I’ve been satisfied with them. I have other different manufactured furniture and La-Z-Boy has been top-notch quality also. I’d recommend them to a friend because of the service and quality that I’ve gotten.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Robert. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was upgrading my living room and La-Z-Boy's sales fact and their good pricing took me to them. My first experience when I walked in was not that great. There were a very few people on the floor to help others but there were too many customers. Nobody bothered why I was there but it became a little better after a lady went all the way to help me out. She was really nice. Walk in if there’s a sale. Otherwise, don’t go to the store.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Reena. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding our team. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had a requirement to get a sleeper sofa and we were weighing options. La-Z-Boy was definitely on the top of the list and we had a really good store experience when we went there. Their people were very professional, really friendly and helpful. We had people come over, look at our place and help decide on the design aspect. We had a lot of options to choose from like with the styling and color. We had a detailed look at the store with all the options and we were able to really get what we wanted. The people who made the delivery were clean, hassle-free and prepared. It was all really smooth. It’s going to be two months now that we've had the queen sleeper sofa and the quality is top-class. The whole experience was really good.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Lakshman, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Have a La-Z-Boy recliner I purchased near the end of 2015. Noticed I had a loose piece of wood in the back of the chair and right side of back was loose above the arm. Stopped by La-Z-Boy store to find out if there was a place I could drop chair off for repair. Was given customer care phone #, told chair had lifetime warranty. Call for repair and was told I had to pay $109 for labor and I left ticket open till I decide to have them come. 3 weeks later the right side bottom of chair dropped, making chair unusable. Call for repair and scheduled. What showed up was a man to evaluate chair and order parts. 15 minutes was spent, was called following week with a 3 hr. estimate at $109 per. Repaired myself in 1.5 hr. w/ $8 parts. Workmanship in general is poor, my repairs will last much longer than remainder of chair. Warranty is a forest/scam.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We've had La-Z-Boy furniture in our home for 15 years and recently, we purchased a new reclining sofa. The dealing I had with the sales rep at La-Z-Boy was fantastic. She was extremely knowledgeable about the type of fabric and what kind of spray stuff we can get on it because we do have dogs, and how we can get the protections from it. She told us the prices right off hand and it was very easy. The delivery team did really well and the experience was nice. They brought the furniture in and asked me where I wanted it.

I told them and then they unwrapped it and set it up. They made sure that all the reclining mechanisms worked by having me sit down in it. Then I signed the pieces of paper and they were good to go. The quality of the furniture was really nice and the cost was reasonable too because they last so long and come with protection plans. I'm pleasantly surprised that everything went so smoothly. We love our La-Z-Boy. My husband is 6’3” and it is the only furniture place where we can get furniture that is tall enough for him.

Original review: April 12, 2018

The recliners I bought from other companies didn’t last that long, so I thought of trying La-Z-Boy furniture. My son is about 6’7" and about 280 pounds so he's a big guy, so I asked their reps if there was a good standard weight on the chairs and they said that it would be 250 pounds for most average recliners. Then I asked them if they could make them for bigger and taller people, and they said could. They showed me what I needed to do and what I should get and what would work best for my household.

The people there were very accommodating and very nice. I even asked the rep if they work on commission because she was such a sweetheart. But, she said that they just work there because they care. Then the delivery team was in and out really fast and it was definitely a good service. I have received the three recliners and the quality is good. Though, I’m still waiting on the table and the other stuff. But, they're doing a great job and we’ve told a few people that La-Z-Boy is where we’re going to go from now on.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review,Lori. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 11, 2018

We’ve been in our home for 47 years and we’ve bought products from places that weren’t worth it. My wife’s a shopper and likes to change things all around. She goes all over the place and La-Z-Boy happened to have the stuff she wanted as far as the color and the look. And the quality of the products simply backed our point of purchase because we had a La-Z-Boy chair in the house originally.

I had shoulder surgery a year ago, so I had a lift chair from a friend in the house and I wanted to stick with the lift chair because it’s much easier. I also have a bad back also so I went with her for the final purchase to purchase a lift chair that I wanted and just to sit in the stuff that she selected. I was there with the rep who was the manager of the store and she was awesome. She was very knowledgeable, easy to work with, explained things very precisely and was very professional. After I tried a half a dozen of them, she knew exactly what I needed and didn’t oversell the product.

We had an option for delivery but my son worked for a furniture delivery company prior and we have a big enclosed trailer so because of his knowledge about moving and picking up, he did that. But I hope La-Z-Boy would be able to make a change down the road on the consumer side when they ship things. They should cover or encase things to protect the product before it gets to the consumer. When we got the chair home, there were areas on the chair and on the couch that looked like it had been rubbing on the side to something. It didn’t damage it and we bought the full package where if anything goes wrong, they will fix it. But as a customer, when you get something and when you look at it, you would say that it would have been easier to encapsulate it so that if it rubs against the side of the semi or against another product, it would not show.

Cost and quality-wise, it’s very fair because we bought other products that were less expensive and they didn’t last. On the consumer end of it, maybe it’s because I’m 70 years-old and I’ve already made my millions, I care, but yet, whatever I pay for, I’d like to have that compensate me in quality. That means a lot to me. I don’t mind what I spend but it better be worth the money I’m spending. I’ve been in business all my life and I look at stuff like that. I’m a fussy guy and I think they did good so I have no complaints other than wrapping it up. They didn’t wreck anything but it was easy to do. It costs money and it takes time and maybe that’s where they can’t do it and it’s not cool. It should be perfect if you paid a good price for it. But I would tell friends to buy it. I would tell them to look at it and compare because that was what we did.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Dennis. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 11, 2018

We were living in San Francisco before and we just moved to Southern California. Not all of our furniture was in good enough shape to come with us, so we needed some replacements. Plus, we were staying for several months with my cousin and his wife across the street from the house that we bought down here while we were refurbishing it. They had one of La-Z-Boy's power lift chairs with the heat and massage features. They've had theirs for several years and highly recommended it. Also, my wife is disabled with chronic pain and she definitely loved the heat and massage part, so we decided to get a couple of them for us.

The sales reps at La-Z-Boy were extremely helpful. They gave us time to look and talk things over with ourselves, but they also were available to answer whatever questions we had. We had to schedule the delivery 'cause we picked up a specific covering that we wanted and they had to customize them. The delivery went fine and we got our chairs two months ago. The guys carried them in and plug them in for us. It took them longer to get around to delivering it than they initially said, but there were some delays in the manufacturing's end. But once they've scheduled the delivery, they were on time. The chairs are of very high quality and although its cost was pretty high, you will get what you paid for. I'd recommend them.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Chris. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I spent over $8000 on a leather sectional. I was told that it was an all leather set, as the back of part of it will be in front of a sunny window. When it came it was leather match, very unhappy with it.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

John, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

I recently orders 2 expensive chairs for my home. When they arrived, I was shocked at the quality, or lack thereof. There were so many flaws, including baggy upholstery, loose arms, gaps between parts - an accumulation of problems that no amount of repair would suffice. This is NOT the La-Z-Boy of the past; this furniture is cheap and subpar with a hefty price tag. I was embarrassed for visitors to see them in my home. I requested a return and refund immediately, but was shifted off to a technician and then an offer of repairs, even a seat replacement. The La-Z-Boy headquarters claims to have no control over the stores and the store claims to have no knowledge of service records. Just reaching customer service takes at least 25 minutes. Overall a horrible experience and a very inferior product.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We were looking into purchasing the Kennedy sectional with iClean fabric. We contacted our nearest store which was over an hour away to see if they had the sectional in store before we made the trip so that we may try it out prior to purchase. When we arrived in the store we were completely ignored. We waited about 20-25 minutes. Another couple, who were ** walked in 15 minutes after us and were helped as soon as they walked in the door. Frustrated, disgusted and upset we walked away without purchasing anything after the long drive with three children, one of which happened to be a one year old.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Shelly. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Lancer Sofa & Loveseat - Refused my 2nd delivery of this set today (4/10/18) because of a MAJOR grease stain/streak along the entire footrest of both recliners of the loveseat. Refused the 1st delivery on 3/27/18 because of misalignment, stains and sawdust on both pieces of this set. I am without words of how disappointed my wife & I are.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Richard & Michelle, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

One year ago we purchased a Recliner couch and love seat from an exclusive La-Z-Boy store. The previous one we owned was 13 years old, still in wonderful condition, and gave it to our Son who loves it. Big Mistake! The new one we purchased is so inferior to our old one. It’s already showing more wear than our 13 year old one. We are empty nesters so the only use our furniture gets is from 2 adults. The fabric is of less quality, the framework is not as strong as the old one. The main reason we went back to La-Z-Boy was because of the quality we receive from our old one. Very disappointed!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Sully, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 10, 2018

This was my first time buying from La-Z-Boy and I haven't bought furniture in a really long time as my other pieces were 16 years old. Their price is a bit on the high side, but the La-Z-Boy quality is good. Everybody at La-Z-Boy was wonderful and very helpful and they did everything we asked them to do. It's a good place with good people to work with.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Cheryl. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I live in a religious community with other people and there is about 14 of us who have lived together in a large place and we decided to get individual chairs rather than sofas for our television room. We went to the La-Z-Boy store in Wilkes-Barre Township and their sales representatives were really good to us and we had a very pleasant experience. They were very accommodating and they helped us make selections and showed us possibilities. And the delivery team was very professional and very courteous and did a good job. We’re very pleased with the quality of the furniture and it’s meeting all of our needs, so we’re very happy. It’s comfortable and we’re enjoying it. We could easily recommend the La-Z-Boy store that we used.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Richard. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased an expensive leather love seat and couch 2 years ago and the couch seat cushions have ripped away from the cloth at the back of the couch. This is just normal wear. Even the rarely used cushion has ripped. I contacted La-Z-Boy and they said I didn't pay to extend the warranty past a year so I'm out of luck. Since when do you spend thousands of dollars on furniture and it is destroyed after 2 years? Completely unacceptable. Why should I have to pay them to stand by their quality when it's not accidental damage? It's poor quality workmanship. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I've had La-Z-Boy products since about 2013. We moved from Alexandria to Indianapolis and our old couches didn’t fit very well. We really enjoyed our first purchase from them and decided to go with another La-Z-Boy product. I had a great experience with the sales reps. They came up with design ideas. They would draw different choices that were helpful to us and recommended some other things. They found a bunch of few other things that really went well with what we had and what we needed so it worked out well. We ended up purchasing end tables, a kitchen table and chair when we had only intended to purchase the couch at that moment.

The delivery team came and set up my purchases. They even helped me move some other things out of the way. We are having an issue with one of the recliner releases but they’ve scheduled the repair person to come already and it’s scheduled for the end of the month. But in the aggregate, we’re very happy with the quality of the other chairs that we had bought them.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much for your review, Nate. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I just relocated back to North Carolina. I left my sofa behind in Illinois and I needed a new sofa. My partner had a furniture store in Iowa for several decades and they used to carry La-Z-Boy furniture. We walked in at La-Z-Boy and we were there for about 20 minutes. But prior to that, the sales rep came over right away, showed us some things, and we bought it that same day. It was pretty effortless. And then we scheduled delivery.

The guys that delivered the furniture were great. They were very patient and the delivery was straightforward. They got the sofa in, set it up, and then they picked their trash with them, which I liked. I love the quality of the sofa and that's why we went with it. I'm very satisfied with my sofa. It's definitely a little bit pricey but it's worth the money. And we got a really good deal.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Timothy, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 8, 2018

This is the second set of furniture we have had from La-Z-Boy and like the first set which was returned after a few years due to poor quality we have the same issue with the second set. Staples are coming out from the footrest of loveseat and couch that scratch, scrap, and poke us and our children. The corners of inside of love seat and couch have lost cushion and wood frame is protruding out of the sides so if you lay on it you can feel the wood poking into your head or shoulder area. No one sits on the inside corner of the armrest so there is no reason for this to happen except for poor quality. Yes, we have the five year warranty but I am not paying for the labor cost for someone to repair furniture that is only 2 1/2 years old.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Pat, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 8, 2018

My wife tried to do something nice for me & bought me what she thought was a good quality recliner. My old one collapsed on me a couple of weeks ago, but that's another story! I had no idea what she wanted to use my pickup for yesterday. My wife is handicapped & can't load and secure a large piece of furniture by herself. Apparently the guy at the La-Z-Boy distribution center wouldn't help her secure the new recliner in any way. He had very broken English and she couldn't understand most of what he said. He put it in the bed of the truck & told her 'it would be okay' when she asked him for help & pointed out that she basically only has the use of 1 of her arms. The new recliner is quite a bit lighter weight than my old one. The wind catches it & it blows up & out of the truck bed on the way home. It smashes on the road & now they just blew her off and said it's not their problem once she picked it up!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

R, thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 8, 2018

We’ve gotten La-Z-Boy before and we replaced the worn out chairs that we had. Purchasing the recliners was easy but getting their reps to come out and try and fix them isn’t. The quality of the chairs is good except for the screws. The screws are falling out of the bottom of the chairs and one of them is basically broken. We called them four times and they never came out to fix it. We've had the chairs for a year and it’s happened in the first five months that we had it. So far, their reps were great, took the messages, told us that someone would be contacting us to come out, but no one did.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

M, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: April 8, 2018

Over the years, we've had a couch and a couple of side chairs from La-Z-Boy. Then when my 98-year-old mother needed a new recliner, we went to the outlet and bought one for her and then my brother also bought one. The recliner lifts the person up and pushes the person forward so my mother can get up easier when she has trouble getting up, though she feels unstable using it.

When we went to the Oak Brook store and saw the chairs, they had extra ones and we thought about it and then left the store. Their rep wasn’t pushy at all. And then a couple of days later, we went back to that Oak Brook store to figure we’re going to buy the chairs. There was a sign on these two chairs by the door saying, “Closeout,” implying those were the last two and they were the floor models. We took one from the floor and then the rep was able to find the other one from another store in the area. So she was very helpful.

The delivery people were good and although the chairs were easy to move because of the way the backs come off, the men were nice and they moved the chairs to where we asked them to move into a different room in the house. The quality of the chairs seemed fine and the price was lower than it would normally buying a similar chair. We’ve had good luck with La-Z-Boy and we keep going back. We’ve never had a problem and so I would recommend them.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks so much, Christine. We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new recliners as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: April 8, 2018

We've had our La-Z-Boy chair for 13 years. My husband and our grandchildren enjoyed it. However, it's leather had rubbed off, and it has begun to squeak and rattle. La-Z-Boy supposedly had a sale. And we decided that it was time to give my husband a new chair. We went in and we told the rep what we wanted. Then, we had it delivered since they wouldn't let us pick it up. The delivery guys came in, put the few pieces together, and left. However, I don't feel like this new one has the same quality as our old one. The old one has better fabric and is a better chair. I also think we paid too much for it despite them telling us it was on sale. But my husband is enjoying the new one. He sits on it every night on his own.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries response

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Linda. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding our team. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

La-Z-Boy Furniture gained its fame through its signature piece, the recliner, in 1928. Over the past century the company has expanded and grown. It now includes offerings from tables and sectional sofas to spas and hot tubs.

• Affordable prices: La-Z-Boy is known for its moderate prices, and it also offers sales and special discounts from time to time.

• Modern styles: La-Z-Boy maintains a constantly revolving inventory that takes into consideration timeless decor as well as the season's trending colors and fabrics.

• Design tools: Customers can visit the La-Z-Boy website to take advantage of the design tools available, found under the Design Help tab, including a 3D room planner and pictures of fully furnished rooms for inspiration.

• Local stores: La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries has brick-and-mortar stores across the country where you can see and feel pieces firsthand.

• Customer care video series: La-Z-Boy has created a video series showing customers how to operate their most popular products and perform routine maintenance for when they need a little extra help.

• iClean™ technology: La-Z-Boy's innovative iClean™ technology repels spills before they can turn into stains, making it an ideal choice for homes with pets and/or kids. Find iClean on most La-Z-Boy styles. Choose the cover of your preference for a fully customized experience.

• Best for: cost-savvy shoppers, families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs