La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
3.75/5
Based on 1,043 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

6345 La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

After waiting 10 weeks for our chairs to arrive, we had them 2 weeks when my husband's chair displayed quite a bit of "play". Rocks with one hand holding it (it's NOT a rocker). Called for service, they took the chair, said they replace brackets, returned the chair to us. Rocks even worse now. We asked for an exchange, and have been told NO. We would never have bought a chair with that much play. Much more to this story. Please contact me.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We bought Big Man's recliner, a smaller recliner and a reclining loveseat. All three have had bolts back out, bushings fall out from the recliner to footrest connection. First time, we took back to store to be repaired. They said we had to haul it back another week as the repairman was gone. Not what they instructed to do on the phone the day before. Then they wanted to charge storage fee if we chose to leave it at the store for repair. So from that point on my husband has gotten pretty good at repairing the mechanisms on a regular basis.

The smaller recliner took to reclining but would not lock into reclining position. The smaller recliner has probably had 60 days of being sat in. I sit in the loveseat and my husband sits in the big recliner. We are two old people with no children. There should not be any reason why the mechanisms don't work on this chair, it's barely been used. The fabric is in good shape but the structure and mechanism is terrible. The back started to feel wobbly. Further inspection we found that the bracket is attached to particle board and it is broken. We feel we were robbed of our hard earned money. Seriously. We thought we were buying quality. I would not recommend La-Z-Boy to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We purchased 2 recliners from their Canton, Ohio store with the extended warranty and the fabric snags on everything, jewelry, hangnails, EVERYTHING! Of course they are not going to fix it, so much for their great service and warranty. I explained it's the colored strands running through the material and as usual, screw us, too bad they got our $2400.00 and we basically got Big Lots furniture!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I purchased 2 chairs from one of the La-Z-Boy galleries in early 2017. The first time was online. When delivered one of the chairs were smaller than the other and I also had paid for chrome handles and they were missing on both chairs and one was shaped funny. I called the company and reported my distress and they informed me there were no refund returns so I would have to come into the gallery and choose new chairs. I went to the gallery and choose 2 new chairs while keeping the 2 I had already purchased. When the chairs arrived one of the chairs had a hole in the stitching and the leather was all twisted and unprofessional which tell me there was no quality check on the build of the chairs. One of the chairs was off the track so when you sat in the chair it wasn't stable. So they suggested I get new chairs since I had paid all that money and the parts they would use to replace the broken would be used.

Lastly I ordered another set of chairs and yes, they were a problem also. I paid for memory foam which was a hundred dollars extra on each chair, and when delivered I found out that one of the chairs did not have memory foam in it and the one that did the chair looked horrible in less than a month, the memory foam had lost its memory. So they came out and ordered new chair parts with a request from me to leave the memory foam out as they had done in the other chair. I waited another month and a half for the part to come in. When the tech arrived the part was not ordered as requested with no memory foam. So now I'm still waiting. It's been over a year dealing with La-Z-Boy to get this right and I'm still waiting.

Now I will give the gallery credit because they did refund my $100 for the chair that was missing the memory foam but that does not excuse the poor service that La-Z-Boy has done in building my recliners and to be truthful I wish I had never ordered any chairs from La-Z-Boy nor would I recommend them to anyone. So hopefully they will get it right cause we are already in the middle of 2018 and I still don't have what I paid over $3000 for a set of recliners.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased a recliner on 6/2/2016. After less than 2 yrs, it has a tear in it. I bought the Ultra Shield warranty that is supposed to cover "puncture, cut, tear or rip". The claim was denied as it is normal wear and tear according to them. Very unhappy with this purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: June 6, 2018

LA-Z-Boy Evans, Ga. 6/6/2018. Caution going into this store! My husband and I spent $7,000.00 here and they did not hold up to their agreement for us. They had one excuse after the other. Be prepared to pay $400.00 plus for delivery if you shop at LA-Z-BOY. NEVER again will I walk into another LA-Z-BOY store again. Oh, and I am going to be their best advertisement!

Original review: June 5, 2018

After 21 year's in the telephone business, I know what bad customer service is, and La-Z-Boy is the worst. Their one and only service vehicle broke down & they offered to reschedule, to over ten days away, I advised that was unacceptable and attempted to escalate issue & was refused.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Purchased a new La-Z-Boy Lancer reclining sofa on 5/7/17. After about 6 months, the one recliner was not plush with the rest of the sofa, and has continued to get worse. Now, the armrest is basically broken and wobbly. Upon examining, found that they use particle board instead of real wood for the frame. One of the bolts had fallen out on the floor. Called Furniture Mart about it, and was told that since it's been over a year since purchase, that I would have to pay for parts and labor. I already spent $1200 for the sofa, why should I pay more? Steer clear of La-Z-Boy furniture and Furniture Mart!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I loved the overstuffed arms on other recliners (my mom's, my aunt's, my spare). They all had normal armrests. Even boasted about extra stuffing. But we're very uncomfortable. I like to stretch out sideways even and the armrests would begin to poke you. Just irritating. They felt hard and encumbering. Reclining would start to feel the same like something was pressing hard against your leg. But my recliner had the best movement. Just slides right with you. You could lean sideways legs over one arm and even after 15 years of use... no holes. Just worn spots. But still the best piece of furniture I own. So comfy, I'd rather sleep on it than my bed!

Original review: June 1, 2018

Buying from La-Z-Boy stores is a nightmare. We bought a sofa and love seat from them that had memory foam. After a year the seam started to split was not covered under warranty. Found out that after we bought it that several months later they stopped using memory foam because they had problems with it. Every time I call I am told they will call back but never do. I went to the store and the manager helped get customer service on the line telling her my claim was denied because they do not cover seems splitting. You pay good money for furniture and get the extra fabric protection and they do not care. Will not call you back say they set up an appointment but no one come. You have to keep calling and calling to see if you could get service. They don’t care about the customer or the product they sell. I am very frustrated with this whole processes.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have had it for 10 years and I still love it. It is durable, doesn't show wear and tear. Cleans up well if something is spilled on it. Easy to vacuum. It is comfortable and it gives support to my back. It is easy to raise the foot part and let it down.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Base was unfinished, stuffing came out of arm, seat separated from back making it very uncomfortable and the mechanism did not always work. I was told there was only a six month warranty.

Original review: June 1, 2018

This recliner has withstood the test of time, the fabric (cloth) has endured beyond what I expected. The mechanism has never given problem. The power unit for the chair has performed flawlessly.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My recliner was part of a set, sitting in the back of the showroom. It was more expensive than the ones out front. Ones out front were 6-700 dollars. This was 1400.00. It's a cloth type and very firm setting posture with 5 adjustments. Including lumbar and head. It's held up really well so far (been over a year) with me and my 2 cats.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have owned my La-Z-Boy for over 14 years. It is in almost perfect condition. I purchased it from a major furniture store and never have regretted my decision to purchase it. At the time of purchase the price was a little more then I wanted to spend (over $600.00), but I would have never thought that it would have lasted as long as it has. All my recliners in my house are La-Z-Boy and I am a dedicated customer for life. They are the best quality and made in America!

Original review: June 1, 2018

You need to use heavier material around the base of the chair or have optional corner guards we could buy separately and put on ourselves. Also arm covers that stay on.

Original review: June 1, 2018

It's very cumbersome to "lock" into recline position. Gear for that function broke after a short time. They did send another here free but we had to try to make the repair... unsuccessfully. Ended up getting a different chair not La-Z-Boy.

Original review: June 1, 2018

La-Z-Boy makes recliners to last a lifetime. Should you have any trouble with the mechanism, they stand behind their product. I had a La-Z-Boy for 15 years and when I moved and could not bring it with me, my neighbors fought over who would get it. That was 8 years ago and the recliner is still working and looking great.

Original review: May 31, 2018

It's La-Z-Boy they are still made to last. We gave our first set to family they were over twenty years old. This set is currently five years and showing no signs of wear with a family of four.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Within the first year of ownership the base of the chair needed to be replaced. That is the base where the springs are located. It simply broke. The retailer replaced the base at no charge but I had to install it, my choice to save a service fee. The chair since that time is holding up well. A terrible way to begin the use of a new and expensive chair.

Original review: May 31, 2018

It is not even close to the quality they use to be. Very light in weight which makes it move around the floor and very uncomfortable. Will not buy another one and we loved our last one. They have not changed their styles.

Original review: May 31, 2018

La-Z-Boy Recliners are expensive, so try to get one on sale. I use mine as a bed, and have for over a year now (although, this isn't a 'bed style' recliner). There are no 'soft' spots from my rear end; the lumbar support is still there and it's easy to use the adjustable height foot rest. I would only recommend La-Z-Boy Recliners. My entire family has used them for over 60 years.

Original review: May 31, 2018

No support. Great at first then sort doesn’t stand up. Saga in the back. Will never buy a La-Z-Boy again. Have had three chairs and I only weigh 146 lbs. Poorly made and La-Z-Boy is riding on reputation it can't sustain.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The thing that I remember most was the metal bars under the foot rest, I was always afraid my daughter was going to get her fingers cut off in there one day... that thing was made so unsafe for children I had to get it out of my house. It was a nightmare for me just thinking about it...

Original review: May 31, 2018

Purchased in 2006, the La-Z-Boy has worn very well. Recliner function rarely used but still works fine. Styles/fabric choices were varied. Price range was reasonable at the time of purchase. Price was comparable to value.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I looked forward to owning La-Z-Boy furniture. Bought a recliner and couch. The couch was well made but the recliner was a piece of crap. Unfortunately they were supposedly going out of biz so I had no recourse. Yeah, they never went out of biz. Never would buy any of their products again. Doesn't live up to the legacy.

Original review: May 31, 2018

The motor malfunctioned before 6 months and now at 18 months it is no longer working again. The new back is loose and I am thankful I got the extended coverage.

Original review: May 30, 2018

La-Z-Boy's service is poor. Part broke that was covered under warranty. Told no charge for part, but, $90 service charge and $30 for in home service. Took several calls and much follow-up.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I bought a leather La-Z-Boy recliner. The leather was inferior quality. The dye or stain on the leather came off and there were multiple colors of leather underneath. The stain came off the headrest and the arms. The chair looks terrible. It is approximately 5 years old.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I actually bought two La-Z-Boy recliners. I was told if I didn’t like them within 30 days, they would come pick them up. At first I loved them, then the back stitching started coming undone, under the stitching, were holes and buttons. Where the manufacturer had misplaced the buttons. I bought the recliners at high end La-Z-Boy store not a discount store. They would NOT take them back. The manager was so rude to me. Hung up on me. I did turn them into the BBB and there was nothing they could do, because the store was not part of the franchise. It was privately owned and he was buying defective furniture and selling it as high end.

La-Z-Boy expert review by ConsumerAffairs

La-Z-Boy Furniture gained its fame through its signature piece, the recliner, in 1928. Over the past century the company has expanded and grown. It now includes offerings from tables and sectional sofas to spas and hot tubs.

• Affordable prices: La-Z-Boy is known for its moderate prices, and it also offers sales and special discounts from time to time.

• Modern styles: La-Z-Boy maintains a constantly revolving inventory that takes into consideration timeless decor as well as the season's trending colors and fabrics.

• Design tools: Customers can visit the La-Z-Boy website to take advantage of the design tools available, found under the Design Help tab, including a 3D room planner and pictures of fully furnished rooms for inspiration.

• Local stores: La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries has brick-and-mortar stores across the country where you can see and feel pieces firsthand.

• Customer care video series: La-Z-Boy has created a video series showing customers how to operate their most popular products and perform routine maintenance for when they need a little extra help.

• iClean™ technology: La-Z-Boy's innovative iClean™ technology repels spills before they can turn into stains, making it an ideal choice for homes with pets and/or kids. Find iClean on most La-Z-Boy styles. Choose the cover of your preference for a fully customized experience.

• Best for: cost-savvy shoppers, families and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs