2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: May 6, 2020

I would like to share a story about my wife and I and our injuries we sustained last winter. My wife fell on our icy driveway and I fell off a ladder hanging a Christmas wreath above our garage. My wife ended up with a torn rotator cuff in her shoulder and I ended up with a shattered right elbow. We both had to have surgery and in my case 2 of them to correct our injuries. We both found we could not sleep in our bed that we were both in a great deal of pain and discomfort. We turned to our local La-Z-Boy retailer and purchased 2 recliners with electric motors. To both of our amazement these chairs were a Godsend to us.

With the ability to make lots of adjustments we were both able to find the perfect spot where we were completely comfortable and able to eliminate all our pain. For both of us these chairs were the only place that we could find any comfort. We thank the La-Z-Boy company for making such excellent products and want to share our deep gratitude.

Signed Mimi and Dan

Original review: March 6, 2020

My husband and I had just bought our first house and were looking for some living room furniture. We went to Art Van first and I fell in love with the Hayes II and how comfortable it was. However, my husband was not a fan of having the couch and love seats all reclining. So, we decided to go to the Lay-Z-Boy store to see what else they might have that was also comfortable. We decided on the Meyer sofa and two Hayes love seats. The process was easy and our sales man Tim was great. He answered all of our questions and helped us pick out custom colors. They also priced match for us which was so nice! I would recommend the process to all my friends and family as they were easy to work with, not pushy and are definitely customer oriented. Can't wait for my pieces to come!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Bennett Duo reclining sofa and loveseat

1. Like: Quality craftsmanship and material. (D144833 Elliot-Pumice)
      2. Like: Because they look like regular sofas. Surprise! It reclines.
      3. Like: Cigar rolled edges.
      4. Like: Because you can stop the footrest in any position and it stays. Unlike the manual type, where it’s fully extended or fully collapsed.
      5. Like: The hard pad on the extended footrest between the swiveling soft footpad and the sofa cushion.
      6. Like: It’s not big and puffy like most reclining sofas.
      7. Like: To fall asleep on it (while watching TV, or maybe a nap) without it feeling all lumpy And uncomfortable. (Firm uniform cushions)
      8. Like: It is a wall hugger which means you can place it squarely against the wall.
      9. Like: The 5 footings on this which are visible and make it look like a normal sofa. Putting sliders under the feet make it very easy to move around on carpet.
      10. Like: The USB ports on the sides and the small buttons to retract/recline the footrests.
      11. Like: The powerful smell of the new sofa.
      12. Like: The tough material we picked out.
      13. Like: It only took 33 days to get instead of the estimated 42-56 days.

14. Like: How you can straddle the footrest (because it’s narrow) and get up and out from the sitting position and go do whatever you got to do and come back and straddle the footrest and sit back down. All without having to extend or retract the footrest.

Don’t Mind
      1. That it is not a sleeper recliner meaning it doesn’t recline far back (wall hugger)
      2. How slow the footrest extend and retract. (That is standard for power recliners)
      3. Cushions are not removable/washable.

4. Don’t mind how the footrest pads swivel back and forth. (Kind of annoying) But I understand it's part of the design of the sofa to make it look like a regular sofa. You have to give up something to get something.

Don’t Like

1. After having the sofas 15 days the love seat motor on one side literally broke. After another 31 days it was replace at my house free.

Conclusion

Great furniture. Very comfortable. Quality craftsmanship. Would buy again definitely.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We have had 2 love seat recliners from La-Z Boy. They have both been of excellent quality. Our son was very excited when we told him we had decided to buy new living room furniture for our move from house to apartment. He immediately asked for the love seat recliner. Our daughter took the rest of the furniture but was not impressed that her brother had beat her to the punch asking for the recliner. The only reason they gave it up was because they moved from London, Ontario to Victoria, BC. They didn't take any of their furniture.

A friend of theirs asked for the recliner. So as far as we know, it is still in use. We bought it 13 years ago. It was used every day (unless we were away) by my husband and myself. We only had to have it repaired once. The service was excellent. All that was required was a new spring for the reclining mechanism. The repairman looked over the whole chair and ended up replacing one for the other side as well. Our new chair is two years old, red leather and looks like new. The store staff were excellent and always remember us.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have zero interior decorating ability, so was really happy to find that La-Z-Boy has designers who offer free consultation. Within a couple of days of my request, two lovely and skilled women came out to my house, measured my living room, and had very wonderful suggestions to make. They accommodated my special requests fully and were flexible in adjusting to what I requested. The same afternoon after visiting my house, they came up with a beautiful plan and gave me, I think it was, 25% off on everything. The furniture is comfortable and beautiful. I particularly like that La Z Boy sells only furniture without toxic flame retardants (other stores where I looked had some furniture without flame retardants but other furniture that had those chemicals). I bought a sofa, a love seat, a thick wool carpet, and 3 reclining chairs. They could have provided beautiful end tables, lamps, other supplemental furniture as well but I passed on those for the time being.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

We ordered a custom expensive electronically controlled recliner about 12 weeks ago. They delivered it two days ago. No remote, no way to make it move and it even cannot be sat in because for some reason it rocks as if something is locked in place underneath. Delivery person said they could take it back but it would be another 12 weeks. So we are apparently waiting for a remote and someone to set it up. Unacceptable performance and service. So we paid for a recliner, paid for delivery and now have a nonworking chair. Contacted company and they are supposed to send us a remote. Someone is supposed to assist us but clearly the store could not care less. I got in touch and someone was to contact me. Nothing. Contacted them twice.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I received my sectional in September and the 2 pieces were not connected. I called my salesperson Janet and she recommended I call c/s. I called them. Told them what I needed and they sent someone out on 11/7. Called today for status and the part was JUST ordered and I should receive it in December. THEN I get to call back and make another appointment. My question is why was it not shipped with the initial order? This is not the only issue I have had with your company. Check Google. Do I need to create a chargeback to get this resolved? I am really at a loss for words that your customer service cannot help, Janet the sales associate cannot help and Celeste the manager cannot help.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

If I could leave no stars, I would. I have been waiting on a chair for 25 weeks! The Lake Charles LA store has done nothing to try to figure out the delay. Today, a rug was supposed to be delivered and they couldn't even get that on the truck and delivered to me. This experience has been one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I was taking one pain killer/d for my backache. I decided to buy a recliner from La-Z-Boy. So I started taking 2 pain killers/d. They changed it for me by another one. I started then taking 3 pain killers/d. They refused to change/refund. Hence it is now decorating my sitting room only.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I am so disappointed in my La-z-Boy purchase. We purchased over $4,600 in leather furniture in 2014. Two adults, no kids or animals and within 4 years it is peeling and cracked. We used the leather conditioner religiously. Had a one year warranty plus we purchased extended warranty. Extended warranty won't cover because La-z-Boy no longer makes that covering (I guess that is my fault?). La-z-Boy won't cover because they only stand behind their product for 1 year! I certainly expected my lightly used, very expensive furniture to last for more that 4 years. Never, ever again after purchasing La-z-Boy furniture for three generations. La-z-Boy used to be the gold standard and now they are near the worst. Makes me sad that the product has deteriorated to this level of quality. Case **.

La-Z-Boy author review by ConsumerAffairs

This furniture manufacturer known for their signature recliners also offers chairs, sofas, sectionals, bedroom, kitchen and dining room furnishings. Shop online or at third-party retailers across the United States.

• Service: Free swatches and design services.

• Financing: Financing available for qualified customers.

• Returns: Upholstered furniture must be returned within 3 days of delivery. A 30% restocking fee may apply.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team