toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Pete, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I’ve had quite a bit of living room furniture and they don’t seem like they last over five years for us, so I wanted to try American-made stuff and went with La-Z-Boy. The sales reps were real helpful. Our living room is weird-shaped and it’s got tile and carpet at an angle. There’s a fireplace that sticks out quite a bit, and the rep managed to show me two different ways of where I can lay it out, so I was really happy with that. We got the extra piece with the La-Z-Boy and that made the sectional that much bigger. The delivery guys were also pretty good. They showed me how to put the sectional together and take it apart. They also showed me the battery pack where I put the 9-volt battery. So far, the sectional is nice and we like it. I’m 68 years old so I’ve been through living room furniture, and this is by far the best I’ve had.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Elizabeth, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found recliners that not only look good, but that are comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I recently bought two La-Z-Boy recliners. I had another one that broke, but it lasted for forever so it was time to get new ones. Our recliners are awesome. Both salesmen on the floor were very friendly and helpful. Our recliners came in a couple of days after purchasing them. The delivery guys were great, very nice, professional and courteous. Everything was very quick and easy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Laurie. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

My husband and I returned to La-Z-Boy to replace our family room furniture because we liked the comfort and quality in the past. The service was excellent; our sales rep (Bob **) and the design consultant (MaryAnne) were wonderful to work with, making sure that all pieces would fit where we wanted them and that the fabrics would complement our existing decor. We special ordered our pieces to get the colors and fabric we wanted and are very pleased with the results! The chairs are extremely comfortable and upgrading to the lumbar in the sofa was a great decision; we're really glad this was an option.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Linda, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Purchased a La-Z-Boy chair 50 years ago and it is still going strong. I recently purchased a loveseat reclining chair and immediately fell in love with it. However 3 weeks after this purchase I visited friends who had purchased a La-Z-Boy 3 months prior to our visit. The leather was coming undone and La-Z-Boy told them that the material was not warrantied, only the mechanics. I find this absolutely unacceptable. Will definitely take this into consideration before I purchase another, since this was for sure a defect and the leather had not been sewn with enough fabric to begin with. I would appreciate a reply from La-Z-Boy. Please know that I would not have purchased from La-Z-Boy at all had I known about this unfair practice.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Carol, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I can't say enough about the service and in store help I had. All my questions were answered and explained. There wasn't any pressure from the saleslady. She was experienced and professional. I discovered a spot on it after it was delivered. I called and within a few days a new sofa was delivered. I have been very pleased with the sofa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Deborah. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

In November my husband and I decided to purchase new reclining chairs and visited the Amherst NY store. Our experience from beginning to end was wonderful! The sales associates were extremely helpful and informative with no pressure for purchasing. The day after purchasing two reclining chairs, we decided to purchase a new couch and a loveseat as well and returned to the store. Same experience again! Our chairs were delivered within two weeks. Our couch and loveseat five weeks later. Different delivery people both times, but both experiences were great with super courteous and professional delivery people. This was a wonderful experience for us, and we are thoroughly enjoying our new furniture. Thank you La-Z-Boy!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Michelle, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're excited that you found a set that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We visited the Springfield, PA location before Christmas and were greeted by a very knowledgeable sales representative who directed us to a line that not only was suitable for our lifestyle but was beautiful and comfortable. I would definitely go there again!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Karen thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

This recliner is making noises when you recline it, only have had it for less than 2 months. Squeaking, and scraping sound. Pretty noisy for a new chair. If it's noisy now, what will it be like in a few more months? The fabric has a very obvious chemical smell that hasn't gone away in over a month and a half. I'm not happy with these 2 conditions at all.

Factual basis uncertain

The price was too good to be true, and it was. In order to get the color we wanted, it would become a "custom" order, and cost about $600 more. The couch colors did not correspond to the chair colors, unless you wanted the very light or the very dark, ugly, brown color. Cancelled our order and bought from a competitor. Will not go there again!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Joe, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto Ralph. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Ralph ** was very polite. He has a vast knowledge of La-Z-Boy Products. He made sure we took our time and tried various types of chairs. He took his time to explain different options and fabrics. He sure is a valuable asset to La-Z-Boy Company. If any of our friends are looking to buy, we definitely recommend Ralph!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Donald, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're happy to hear you found a beautiful set to keep you comfortable, and were sorry for the delay in took in getting you your order. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Store staff was courteous and helpful. Took a little longer than I would have liked to get the furniture (custom order). Arm rest and head rest covers used to be included. My only option now was to buy additional fabric (1 yard) and have them made by a third party. Decreased the value of purchasing from La-Z-Boy but I really love the product and have been satisfied. This is my third recliner from this store!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Melissa. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I do not have my order number with me. I had a very good experience at the Knoxville, TN store. I have had issues in the past from other furniture companies. I am very pleased with the product and the service I received. I would recommend to others to go to La-Z-Boy!

Factual basis uncertain

After reviewing the situation of my husband suddenly passing, leaving me with an expensive Christmas present that he would not ever enjoy, the owner of the store chose not to show kindness to me by only offering 50% refund to restock the chair. This cause me a great hardship and sadness. I know he's not in the business to show 'charity' but he could have offered to put this chair in a gallery and sold it for me. I would have been grateful to receive only a 15% loss instead of the 50% offered. Not a good 'Christmas Spirit' or compassionate person.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Robert, thank you for taking the time to submit your review and share your feedback with us! We're sorry to hear about the extended delivery time, but we're happy to see that the pieces are ready and scheduled for delivery this week. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We placed our order and paid for 3 chairs from La-Z-Boy on November 3rd or so. We were told 6 weeks, so we would have them before the holidays. We recently got a voicemail message that one of the 3 is ready, but no information about the other 2. It has now been over 10 weeks and no news. What happened to the 6 weeks to delivery?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Megan, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're sorry to hear of the first delivery but happy to hear that the others went as planned. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Our first delivery, we received a broken sofa recliner and a very wet recliner chair. La-Z-Boy handled our next two deliveries very well. The delivery guys sometimes arrived before schedule times! Good experience. We love our furniture!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Linda, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We will be sure to pass your great compliments onto the representative. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Great people to do business with. Loved shopping there. Found what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. Staff was very helpful and respectful. They will be the first place I go for any future furniture needs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Kay and Patrick thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Went to store Veterans Day 11/11/16 to order sofa loveseat and chair. Delivered in one week stained wet and dead gecko. I received call from service to get replacements following week. Never happened. You are only as good as your word. They couldn't keep it. We asked for refund and ordered pickup. Wasn't possible until 1/4/17. They took debit card payment immediately before we received furniture. Had to wait til store received furniture back to get refund. Still wanted to charge for delivery. Are you kidding? I demanded full refund and finally received 1/9/17 almost two months later. The reason we had to wait til January for pickup was: after 11/18/16 we wanted it picked up but they couldn't make it til after December 5. We explained we had a vacation planned Dec 1-24. We'd be back before Christmas. We gave them 12 days to fix it. Our house sat empty for most of December.

Immediately when we hit home, we called them, which we were instructed to, and even though they were expecting our call before Christmas they still couldn't get organized enough to pick up for 11 more days. We believe since the furniture wasn't wrapped in plastic when it came off the truck, and the stain on the couch was already wet, like someone already tried to clean it off, and the dead gecko was found between the cushions on the loveseat... that it was taken from a floor sample. So, if you buy from La-Z-Boy please inspect furniture as soon a delivery truck arrives. Buyer beware.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Pradeep thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about the concerns you experienced with your sofa and are happy to hear that you were able to exchange the piece for a better fit. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I contact La-Z-Boy last week reporting uncomfortable experience using the loveseat and requested for help to improve the comfort level on the same. After I provided all the transaction details upon request, I was advised I contact the store to get the issue resolved which I respect and I did contact the store on Stevenscreek Blvd San Jose. I was offered to replace an exchange for the same couch with lumbar and neck support for an additional payment of $680 which I agreed to duly.

But then, when the time came for the billing and closing out this deal, I was requested to pay $110 for delivery charges again. This I believe is not fair as uncomfortable couch is not consumer's fault. It is the design's fault. To remedy this, if I have to pay for the lumbar and neck support I understand the additional costs. However I have already paid for the delivery and I must not be. I had immense regard for La-Z-Boy since my childhood. It was a friend's TV show that made me dream of buying one. Now that I finally pay so much money to feel like I got ripped off. Is there something La Z Boy can do about this?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Ann, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The two gentlemen were friendly and courteous. They were quick, efficient, removed their boots in order not to track snow into my house. The salesperson at the store was knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend La-Z-Boy to a friend.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Gerrilyn, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We have bought several recliners from La-Z-Boy. This one which has the electric controls for lumbar, head and recliner has been so far our best purchase. The salesperson was excellent at the store in Cerritos. She didn't hurry us or pressure us but gave us time in the chair to assure us it was the right fit.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Janet, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Sometimes there's a room where you want recliners to not look like recliners and that is the situation in our living room. It is between the kitchen/dining and the 3-season porch so we didn't want any "bulk" to the chairs. We are very happy with the chairs and with the lovely fabric. Lynne helped us pick out based on what I told her I wanted.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Kirsten, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found the perfect sofa for your space. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We needed a basic sleeper sofa for our basement living area. After reviewing the various options on the market online, I mostly settled on the Leah sleeper from La-Z-Boy. My husband and I visited the Louisville store to check it out and make sure it was what we wanted. The store is pleasant, with helpful sales staff who explain things clearly and in a no-pressure manner. Don ** was our salesperson and I can recommend him highly - he reminded us to measure our entry door to make sure the sofa would fit through. When I called him from home later, he reassured me that it would be ok. We ended up picking the full-sized sofa with the basic mattress option. The sofa arrived sooner than I expected, just as we ordered, and delivery was a snap. We're pleased with the sofa and the experience.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Woodson, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We're very happy to hear you found the perfect pieces for your space, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. If you have any questions regarding your furniture, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We had a wonderful experience dealing with La-Z-Boy! Our salesperson was very knowledgeable and friendly. He also gave us some helpful ideas, of what would look good together, with color schemes, with all the pieces of furniture that we purchased. Our only complaint with the couch set, that we bought, is that the back cushions of the love seat and the sofa are too soft, when you sit back on them. The seat cushions also could be firmer, for our taste. We looked at many furniture stores, for very firm couches, that were a brown color and durable. It seems to be very difficult to find firm couches anymore. Overall, we had a very good experience at La-Z-Boy, in Albuquerque, on Ellison, and we will return to purchase more furniture there, in the future.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Nathan, thanks so much for your great compliments to our products, and team members! There are so many customizable options that it is great to have that helping hand to guide you in the right direction! We're excited that you found a sofa that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We could not be happier with the service we received at La-Z-Boy. Scott went out of his way to make sure we got the couch we wanted and was very patient as we thought things through. The sofa delivery was quick and easy and the build quality is fantastic. We will shop at La-Z-Boy next time we are looking for furniture.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Duane. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Outstanding place to shop! All help, no stress and not pushy. We went for a new chair for my wife. She found one on sale that she liked, but it wasn't exactly what she wanted. The sales associate took us to the chair she liked from the sale, but at the same time listened to my wife's description of what she really would love. He then took us to another chair that he thought fit her true desires. He nailed it and my wife sit in it and said to him, "This is the chair. I'll take this one I'm sitting in." As you can see, a done deal. The only draw back is that the location is totally terrible, traffic is unbearable, not a easy place to get into or out of. But there again, the sales associate told us how to cut through several parking lots to get to a light to get out a little easier! If it wasn't for the traffic, we would of already been back again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

David, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We're excited that you found a sectional that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I really was not in the market for a new couch, but my husband felt like we needed one. We visited La-Z-Boy on a whim and fell in love with their sectional couch. It fit our needs and I am so glad that we went ahead and bought a new one. I have to force myself to actually go to bed at night.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mom bought things from La-Z-Boy before and when we needed furniture for our second home, I went to a La-Z-Boy store to buy their products. They are a little bit pricey for what it really is because I bought recliners from other places and they're a lot better quality for 1,200 bucks than the La-Z-Boy chairs are. They got up to close to $1,200 by the time I put the spinners on them and had it custom made. One of them was 1,200 bucks but it's a nice chair. Also, the pillows for $75 each were overpriced too.

On the other hand, we had a house warming party and the La-Z-Boy chairs weren't the only things we purchased. We got a sofa and a bedroom set. Everybody loves and raves about the La-Z-Boy chairs. They went goo-goo eyed over the pillows, the fabric and the little chair that I had made with the bright things that they look like sand dollar in bright lime green and grey color which is cool because it's for a little beach condo. The small chair held my step son who weighs about 350 pounds, so there were no weight issues. It's very good, comfortable and cool. Although they are overpriced, I'm very happy with my La-Z-Boy and that was my choice to pay more than I thought it was worth.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience, Peter. We are happy to hear you found the furniture you were looking for and we appreciate your feedback regarding the stores policies. Feedback is what helps us know where we need to focus in the future. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

We bought a Tripoli power sofa and found it very uncomfortable. So we decided to exchange it for a another and fortunately we got charged 30% restocking fee which turns out to be more than $2100. Hopefully the new one will make us happy but I'm not too pleased about the 30% restocking fee. Rather excessive.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Sandra. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Quality furniture and best sales associate. I want furniture that will last but want to pay a reasonable price. My sales associate spent hours with me to find the right solution. I am a return customer for over 25 years.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much, Linda! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new recliners as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I love my new chair. It is so comfortable and it supports every area of my body! I have a lot of issues with my back but since I've had this chair I have cut down my visits to the Chiropractor! You pay for comfort but aren't we all worth it!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Profile