toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much, David! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your Owen recliner as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I have had my Owen Reclina-rocker since 05-31-2014 and I love it! The chair is more comfortable today than it was when I bought it, because it has molded itself to my body. My only issue is the seating position is too low, so I use a two inch foam seat pad to get me in the perfect position. I guess the built in seat cushion has partially collapsed because I sit in my chair for 5+ hours everyday. The microfiber material is easy to clean from little spills, and doesn't stain. Other wannabe chairs don't compare to the quality of my La-Z-Boy, I am a LZB fan for life.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Alison, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 12, 2017

La-Z-Boy comfort care center and Strongville, OH retail location provided superb customer service. I purchased an expensive section from La-Z-Boy and 1.5 year later the fabric was frayed and shagged. This seems to have just been a defect with the particular woven fabric I had picked out - (I was told they had never seen such a thing at the store level). I contacted customer care with pictures and with zero questions a store credit was given to me for the full amount to purchase another couch. The staff at the Strongsville location also went above and beyond to be sure I was satisfied, even upgrading me to the most durable fabric - free of charge! Spending the extra money on a La-Z-Boy is well worth it with such amazing customer service and willingness to replace my couch.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Louis, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. Our designers are truly one of a kind - much like our products. We're excited that you found a sectional that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: June 8, 2017

I originally bought the first part of the sectional a couple of years ago from La-Z-Boy and recently added to it when I bought a bigger house. Everything was great with their sales reps. They were very helpful. The delivery people were very good, too. I like how big the sectional is. It’s 17 ft. x 10 x 10. It was $16,000 so it was a pretty expensive sectional but one can't beat the quality. There’s nothing better than La-Z-Boy. If you need something done, they’re there for you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When we moved, I bought a loveseat, a recliner and some accessories from La-Z-Boy. The loveseat wore poorly in the six months that we had it so we returned it and had it replaced with a leather sofa. We’ve had these furniture for eight months already, and we have also bought from them in the past.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Pamela, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Purchased Urbana Oval Cocktail table & 2 end tables. After less than 6 months veneer on tables began to show scratches and bubbling which are listed under the what is covered section of the Ultrashield 5 year protection plan. The glass inserts in all the tables fits poorly and allows dust and other particles to accumulate within a few hrs of cleaning. The glass insert on one of the tables appears smeared after repeated attempts to clean. Because glass inserts do not fit properly they have fallen through the "wooden" table tops crashing into the bottom glass portion of the tables. This is a safety hazard.

I filed a claim with Ultrashield and a repairman viewed the damages and agreed that my complaints were valid. Ultrashield has denied my claim stating this is a non-coverage "normal wear and tear and accumulation of damages". I strongly disagree. I would urge anyone considering purchasing tables from the Urbana collection to make another selection. La-Z-Boy should discontinue selling this highly inferior product.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Kelly, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I recently purchased a sectional from La-Z-Boy and it was a pleasant experience. The minute I walked in, they greeted me. They were very friendly, genuine and they asked if they could help me. At first I said no, but after I was there for a few minutes walking around confused, they came to me. They asked me some questions and so I told them what I wanted. They took me right to the exact thing that I wanted and told me all the options I could get with it just for material plus the ways I could set the sectional up. They took time with me and they were very nice people to work with.

I realized that there was a big sale so with the couch that I got, the quality was 10 times better. I'd been looking for a couch for two months and I'd been in every store. The low-end couches were cheaper but they definitely didn't give me all the options that I wanted. The delivery team was also very nice. They put the sectional exactly the way I wanted it. I thought I wanted it a certain place and I didn't like it there so they moved it over for me. I've had my sectional a little more than a month and so far, I love it. I will probably more than likely always purchase anything that I need from La-Z-Boy now.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much, Dorothy! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new recliner as much as we do! If you have any questions regarding your furniture, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I'm 85 years old and at my age, I couldn't get up and down so I needed some help and decided to get me an automatic chair from La-Z-Boy. My grandson did the purchase but I was with him at that time. Their sales rep and delivery team were nice. So far, this chair has been doing good and the cost wasn't too bad if nothing happens to it in the next 12 months. But every once in a while, it makes a funny noise. It had only done it two times and I want to wait and see if it's going to continue doing it.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Cheryll, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new purchase, and that the sales and delivery team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I purchased six dining chairs from La-Z-Boy two months ago. We are using an old table and wanted chunkier, heavier chairs to go with it. I have been searching for a long time. I happened to be right near their store in Appleton, Wisconsin so I popped in there to see and look at a chair similar but not exactly what I wanted. I then looked through some of the pamphlets that they had, saw the chairs and ordered them because they didn’t have them in stock. Their sales reps were great. They called me and we picked the date of delivery then they delivered them.

It was real rainy then and we had some brushed stone plus I have a quarter-mile long driveway, blacktopped. Their delivery team was afraid to drive up so they carted them up and it was nice. The quality is great and they’re made well. It was a great deal and I’m very happy. It was a great experience all around with the people I worked with. They treated me well and I’m very satisfied. The chairs worked out perfectly and I might purchase some accessories too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Amanda. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I shopped at the Columbus, GA location with my boss on Saturday, August 5, 2017. We were assisted by a gentleman, Tyler **. He was extremely helpful with ALL of our questions. He was very knowledgeable about the products and fabrics. My boss ended up purchasing a couch (which looks fabulous), a chair and ottoman and also a side table. When I look to re decorate my house, I will definitely consider La-Z-Boy and look for Tyler.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Steve thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Over $3000 down the toilet on a custom couch called the "Collins". It does not hold true to its claim or warranty. We ordered a custom couch just over a year ago and opted for the upgraded "memory foam" seat cushions. It's been about 18 months and the seat cushions go FLAT when sitting or laying. It has become terrible for our posture and back. As of now, I don't even want this couch any longer due to the cushions.

When we first bought the couch, the cushions were actually quite firm and perfect, but this is some VERY poor quality memory foam. Also two of the throw pillows we purchased filled HORRIBLY. La-Z-Boy did replace those, but haven't done anything to resolve the issue with the flat cushions. Avoid like the plague! Maybe they will do something for us after seeing this, but I can tell you the warranty center is awful to deal with and did nothing to help. The cushions are supposed to have a 5 year warranty, but if it's the same cushions I'm afraid they will only go flat again after 12 months. Just an awful experience.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Keith. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

The sales reps were great at the Chico’s Store. We've got six La-Z-Boy recliners in our family room, so we've bought quite a few over the years. I got the single, low powered recliner chair, but our love seat and our couch are all powered. The delivery people have been here before and came at about 10:00 this morning to deliver the chair I'm sitting in right now. I showed them where the chair is supposed to go, they replaced the old one with the new one and they were gone. They were courteous and very nice. The one I replaced is still in good shape and my great granddaughter is going to take it. When we bought our couch, we also bought a recliner like the one I'm sitting on for my oldest daughter and she likes it as well.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Donnie, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Prior to purchasing our new LA-Z-BOY sectional (Order #**) we took advantage of 'In-Home Design" for measurement, design CAD layout suggesting placement with advisement from LA-Z-BOY on color and fabric selection. We (my wife and I) are repeat customers of the LA-Z-BOY brand with positive previous experiences in quality and durability. We were very excited when we purchased (5/13/2017) our custom built sectional created specifically for our home. Installers (excellent staff) delivered furniture approximately 6 weeks later and set up sectional. Large gaps between sectional pieces and uneven heights (backs and skirt lengths) were noticed. Installers stated that further adjustments could be made but would require a technician. They asked that we note issues on delivery paperwork and that we would be contacted within 5 business days by LA-Z-BOY to set up a time for technician to come to our home.

We were not contacted during this period so I called our Sales Consultant (7/01) at the Grapevine, TX location. On the following Monday (7/03) she had a representative (Angel) call us and a technician was dispatched on the 6th. The technician (excellent staff) took digitals and determined incorrect structure pieces (wood frame) were used on several pieces, uneven and incorrect lengths on skirts, poor alignment (high/low), poor workmanship in upholstery tucks, bad alignment in upholstery piece to piece. The aesthetic part of the overall bad appearance was also noted as the fabric growing (multi-direction and skewing). There was verbal agreement regarding poor quality and he stated there was so much wrong that it would have to be picked up and would involve both LA-Z-BOY and the manufacturer(?). Then again as before, nothing happened for an uncomfortable amount of time.

I called our Sales Consultant again which stimulated a call from Service (Angel) who shared that parts were being ordered. On 8/02/2017, the entire sectional was pick up. This has possibly been the most disappointing purchase for our home (married 37 years). I believe that possibly the correct frame can be added/modified, cushions restuffed, skirts corrected to a point that LA-Z-BOY may say "that's it". Our issue is that it doesn't look even similar to a nice piece of custom made furniture. Whatever the immediate resolve, the fabric has grown noticeably after only two weeks. This is not going to miraculously improve but only get worse. It really looks bad and I would appreciate someone looking into our predicament.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear of any dissatisfaction you have experienced, and appreciate you taking the time to submit your feedback. Feedback is a key part in making improvements in the future. We'd be happy to have a representative review your files, and see if there is anything further we can recommend. Once we are able to review, we will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I have purchased over the years 3 sets of furniture from Scottsdale La-Z-Boy. The first custom set had specific cushion density. It arrived with 2 different foam cushions. When I phoned, I was told to give it a few months so the foam would break in... it never did. The second set was an expensive leather recliner. The back had a very visible crease in it. When I called I was told it would work out in time... it never did. The third time I bought custom chairs and loveseat. The sales lady kept in constant contact to get me in the store. After delivery one recliner would not stay flat. I contacted the sales lady and she told me to call service. I did and was made to feel like I was bothering them for such a simple thing. The sales lady never followed up to see if everything was ok. The pre sale contact and post sale contact left a sour taste in my mouth after each purchase. I will not be back...

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much, John! We love hearing back from our customers. We're thrilled to hear you love your new furniture as much as we do! Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

My wife’s parents and grandparents have had La-Z-Boy forever and we've downsized and moved in a place where we thought it would work. La-Z-Boy’s sales reps were good and their delivery guys were nice and were here on time. We've had our La-Z-Boys for a month now and they’re pretty comfortable. The chairs we like but we’re having some squeak issues with the sofa. We've actually gone back and bought some other things last week. Overall, I’m very satisfied with my La-Z-Boy experience.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Debby. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Our living room is full of La-Z-Boys. We have two chairs that are 13 years old, a couch and another two chairs that we purchased from somebody who was getting rid of them. We like La-Z-Boy products very much and we're definitely sold on them. They last forever and as long as we take care of them, they look the day we bought them. We also have a recliner that we purchased for my husband for Father's Day. He had a very huge chair and it was nice but he didn't need that big of a chair and it's not a La-Z-Boy. It also curved his neck and back as opposed to giving him the right support. He kept stuffing pillows in it to get it right but it wasn't happening. So we looked for something more compact and not as huge as that one.

I went in the La-Z-Boy store and wanted to peek around to see what they had. I told the sales representatives what the situation was and what I was looking for. She said she got just the thing and showed me their selection. At first, I was looking at the plain ones then she showed me the chair with the lumbar and the headrest. I thought it was cool then she gave me her card. I went back after three weeks later with my husband because I was not going to buy anything without him. He tried it out and he liked it too. The lumbar and the headrest had the mobility to be able to personalize his comfort level and that was the selling point. He has back problems and he needs to be able to adjust and readjust it. It was also on sale and we got it cheaper than it was weeks before. So we picked it out, got it delivered and my husband lives happily ever after.

We were also in the process of remodeling, I wanted that big chair out and the La-Z-Boy fit. We went with the cloth and it coordinates with everything. This is the first time we've had a motorized recliner and it has excellent quality. I talk about it all the time. I tell others to go get a La-Z-Boy and they won't have to replace anything ever again.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Cora. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I’ve owned furniture from La-Z-Boy for the past 20 years and recently I purchased again when I wanted a new couch. The reps were very polite and answered all my questions. I liked that they didn’t seem too pushy or hovering over me the whole time. So far I'm very happy with the quality.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Dan thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Purchased a La-Z-Boy powered recliner in May of this year and the powered lift scissors on the Foot and leg rest broke. The scissors mechanism looks to be very light duty and has no reinforcement for side ways movement and uses light duty flat metal in the foot rest scissors. The recliner was used for just a foot rest and no other weight was put on it. The foot rest seems to have a weak point in a pivot point where the flat metal buckles side ways. Having a time returning it to the dealer and getting it repaired.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

John, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

La-Z-Boy's reputation led us to purchasing our recliners from them. The sales people were attentive but they kept their distance and let us play around and feel the different chairs. The delivery crew explained a few things and put the chairs right where we wanted them. My wife got a recliner rocker and she’s still trying to get used to the mechanisms. Sometimes, as she gets out of the chair, it makes a loud banging noise. We’ll give it a bit more time then maybe well have somebody check it out. Overall, I’m fine with the quality. Were happy with the service, the purchase, and the delivery. It worked out well and everything is good.

Purchased 2 full leather swivel rocker/recliners. One chair now wobbles on the base. Parts are covered by warranty - Great. HOWEVER, I need to pay for service call and labor to do the repair - RIP OFF! Still waiting over a year for designer to get back to me regarding specific area rugs. Obviously I found those elsewhere.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Yolanda thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We purchased a 100% leather Reclining Loveseat less than four years ago. We are a senior couple with no pets and do not smoke. The Loveseat is not exposed to direct sunlight and there are no children in the house abusing the furniture. One side has spots on the back and arm that are fading/losing the color. We purchased 100% leather from La-Z-Boy because we were told it would last us for many years. It is very infuriating that it hasn't lasted even four years! It seems to me that this particular piece of leather was flawed and I find it disappointing to say the least that La-Z-Boy won't stand behind their product.

I realize that your warranty for leather is just one year, however I feel this instance is an exception. At the least you could pay for a repair man to come repair the Loveseat if you're not willing to replace it or take it back. I did go to the dealer I purchased it from (I still have my receipt) and they said they couldn't do anything for me and to contact customer care. I did so and all I received was an email quoting the one year warranty. I will never purchase anything from La-Z-Boy again and certainly would never recommend it either. In fact I will make a point of discouraging friends and family from purchasing from La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Craig thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have tried to resolve an issue with a recliner for 2 months now. After 6 weeks of ownership, the seat and back have sunk to where I am sitting in holes. I have been given numerous run arounds, been lied to by customer service, completely unable to get a return phone call from anyone in a supervisory position, even after being promised calls. This is absolutely the worst customer service from a company I have ever seen or heard of. All I want is a refund for my chair, which I have been promised in writing so I can return it and be done with La-Z-Boy once and for all. But I can't even get that!!! This is an absolutely disgusting company to do business with!!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, James. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We're used to the quality of La-Z-Boy products and they have one of the few chairs that have a higher back for my 6'5" frame. We got from them a couch and a chair 10 years ago and we’re still using them. They’re starting to show some wear and tear, but not too bad. Then we got a recliner six months ago and it's holding up well, very comfortable and seems to be what we wanted. My wife says I should send it back because it’s too comfy that I fall asleep and snore.

But I'm very surprised with the way they charge extra $80 for a skirt, a one by three or five feet, to make the chair look presentable in the back. I think it's vinyl and not leather. This should have come with the chair in the first place. Except for that, overall, I got the quality and service I expected from La-Z-Boy. The young lady and gentleman from La-Z-Boy who helped me were very nice. They gave me the different options they had on the memory foam versus a regular foam. The delivery team was also great. They came in when they said they would and they delivered the chair quickly, set everything up and they were out the door.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Richard, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My first experience in Evansville, IN was a disaster and I was going to a local store to shop, but my sister who lives in Wildwood, MO insisted that I come up there and go to the La-Z-Boy store in Manchester and before I knew it I had bought a Rowan Reclina-Way Recliner. Sam ** was just exceptional. He practically greeted me and my mom and sister at the door and when I told him what I wanted, he took me right to it. Well, first I sat in a Rowan that was up front, but it wasn't in leather, even though it felt like it, but I loved it.

My mom sat in it and said just wait until you sit in the real leather one. Sam agreed and off we went. When I sat in that chair I knew it was the one. It fit me perfectly. Sam answered every question I asked and he was very patient, informative and most of all not pushy. I was extremely impressed with him and he was the reason I bought the chair - well, actually my mother did. She bought my sister's and she wanted to buy mine for me. I think this store is outstanding and I wish the one in Evansville, IN was like this one, but it is not. What a wonderful experience the Manchester Store was!

I usually get my furniture in cloth upholstery, but my sister's Rowan's material is not holding up well at all. I think this is something you should check into because she was told the warranty didn't apply because it wasn't wearing well. She has no little children and she is usually the only one who sits in it. It was showing signs of wear before it was a year old. That was one reason I didn't look at this model in cloth, but I love the leather and may switch all my furniture in the future to leather. I have two La-Z-Boy recliners in material and they are several years old and have held up wonderfully.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Richard, thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd be happy to review your concerns and see if there is anything we can do to help. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We ordered a rug for our old house. We have since moved from that house and state and we have been told that the rug, which has still not been made, cannot be shipped to our new residence in another state. We have to return to the place we ordered it, load it into some rental truck and get it there ourselves. Nor can we cancel the order. We were told that each store is independent. The rug has yet to be shipped to that store. They can't seem to figure out the concept of drop shipping something to another location. We will NEVER buy ANYTHING from La-Z-Boy again. This is just ridiculous. Anyone in California want a rug? This one has cost us $3836.40 thus far.

Insufficient response received

This is an addition to a post I made on September 9, 2015. La-Z-Boy did bring us another sofa at the end of September after I posted on this site. Now less than 2 years later, the side one of the cushions has small tears from the seam down. I contacted the Ultra Shield Warranty which we purchased at the time we bought the sofa. I told them the truth that I wasn't sure what caused the damage but that in cleaning I had found a fork between the two cushions. I hadn't seen it happen so I wasn't sure. I sent them photos and of course, it's not something they cover. So I reached out to La-Z-boy and they offered to fix it for almost $600.00. This chair has been used the equivalent of around 14 months because my husband and I travel so much we aren't home to sit in it. We have no pets, no children. Just the two of us sit on this reclining sofa. We just had physicals and neither of us is overweight according to our Dr.

This Power Motion Sofa has been the biggest disappointment. It is very easy to see that this chair has not been abused in any way. I would certainly have expected better quality from such an expensive leather sofa. Just wanted to share the additional information in case it might help others. My advice would be buy a cheaper manufacturer and when that it wears out, donate it and buy another one. You'll still be ahead of the game. The quality in workmanship and materials is certainly not worth the price paid. As I said in my earlier post, I wish I could turn back the hands of time and have my old recliner sofa back and be rid of this new one. Hope others have better luck than me. In fairness, they did call this afternoon and offer to cut the price in half. As I told the nice young woman I spoke with, I am not interested in spending another dime with anything to do with La-Z-Boy.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Paul thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 31, 2017

1/2016 I bought La-Z-Boy Astor chair from Smith Village in jacobus, pa. 3/2017 this chair was falling apart. La-Z-Boy sent representative who agreed. Parts free labor 400 dollars. La-Z-Boy agreed to pay half. Now 7/2017 this chair has collapsed and material is separating in several places. I am having knee replacement next month and this chair will be useless, please help. La-Z-Boy company has this information.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Dan, thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We really appreciate your feedback regarding your experience from start to finish. We're very happy to hear how much you love your new furniture, and that the design and sales team did a wonderful job assisting you. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: July 31, 2017

We had a second home that we had to furnish so we got La-Z-Boy. The sales rep Andrea was great at the store and Diana was a good help in following through with keeping us posted on things. The delivery team was fine. We were out there at the new place for a week, scheduled our trip, moved the dates of our trip to accommodate the delivery, but got very disappointed for not getting everything because now we have to cancel another trip. The desk got damaged and I'm glad they didn’t deliver that because these things happen. The experiences are really good except for that which was super inconvenient to the point where it tarnished the overall experience because of our situation. If we were in the house it would have been ideal to wait another six weeks for a piece of furniture that we were expecting, but now we have to schedule a special trip.

I'll be able to go up there to receive delivery but my wife, who won't be able to visit the place for another six months, was hoping to enjoy all the furniture prior to this stuff. We're only two days with the pieces that were delivered, but the quality of the furniture was great. I'm not trying to be too cynical here, but the quality appears to be good and it's supposed to be because it's brand new. My experience in life is that I know the quality of things usually after a duration of time especially with what you consider durable. The experience isn't over yet. I could say it's great now and then get there and it happens again. I’m a school teacher and I would tell my students the same thing: I can't give you a grade until you finish it.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Thanks so much for your review, Joe. We love when our customers have such a great experience that they tell great stories about La-Z-Boy! It makes us proud when we hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting our customers, and even more so when our customers tell us how happy they are with the comfort, quality, and style of our products. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: July 30, 2017

We went to the La-Z-Boy Gallery at 1000 S. Shackleford in Little Rock, AR. Our sales rep was **. He made us feel at home. He didn't follow us around trying to push a sale on us. We found what we liked but needed to go home and make sure it would fit in the space we needed it to go. We returned on 7/28 to make our purchase. As we walked in Roger met us and to my surprise he was going to turn us over to another rep until I took my sunglasses off and he recognized me. We placed our order and while he did the paperwork he got us a bottle of water and let us relax on the new sofa that we had one like. This style of salesmanship is OUTSTANDING in my book and sales reps like Roger are too. KUDOS to you all, but ESPECIALLY to **... SALESMAN OF THE YEAR to me.

Factual basis uncertain

Just purchased a new reclining couch at the Clearwater store. Loved the couch I selected in the store. Boy what a difference in the one that was delivered. Hard as a rock and so high my feet don't even touch the floor. Sales personnel were cordial when I went to the store to see what could be done, but had to wait for a call from the manager to resolve the issue. Finally got a call yesterday. Only comment he kept repeating was "It's a custom order and we can't do anything". It's a brown couch --- nothing that would keep them from putting the couch on the sales floor and my selecting something from current stock that would be softer and comfortable. If considering a purchase there, might want to buy something from the floor so that you know what you're getting.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Jeff thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 29, 2017

Bought leather sofa and chair Feb 2016, and last month, saw peeling/cracking on sofa. Bought 5 yr warranty, and company denied claim. Told us warranty does not cover this, when warranty said it does. Finally they agreed to fix peeling, and said warranty was misprint. Now chair peeling. Don't buy leather furniture from La-Z-Boy, and check out warranty carefully.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

James thanks for taking the time to submit your review and bring your concerns to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. A representative will be in touch to gather further information. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 29, 2017

Recliner had fabric problem soon after purchase date. Rep came out to look at it and replaced kick board and made notations about fabric. Now it is out of warranty by four months and the rep is saying it wont be covered even though it had same problem when under warranty and was notated chair was purchased at La-Z-Boy Anchorage AK 800-390-3770.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Christine thanks so much for your review. We're sorry to hear about your experience, but we're happy you brought this to our attention. Our team would be glad to see further investigate and see what we can do to help. We will need some further information, so a representative will be in touch. Thank you, La-Z-Boy ConsumerAffairs Team

Original review: July 29, 2017

Less than 5 years ago we purchased a leather motion couch and loveseat recliners. The material has faded and worn away so much, despite our being 2 adults, not abusing the furniture, that our local consignment store would not even take them, stating "too worn." Additioning the ergo support disappeared and we each felt like we were sitting in a hole. Despite paying over $5000.00 for these we purchased new pieces from Hudson Furniture and will have Salvation Army pick these up immediately. We will NEVER purchase La-Z-Boy again!!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

Janet, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are proud to hear what a wonderful job our team did while assisting you. We're excited that you found a sofa that not only looks good, but one that is comfortable and top quality too! If you have any questions regarding your furniture, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing La-Z-Boy, and enjoy living life comfortably!

Original review: July 29, 2017

The gentleman from La-Z-Boy was very nice when he came out to look at the pieces that I ordered for my sofa. There is one piece that he has to have remade and that will take a couple of weeks. But he said he wasn't sure about the other piece that I was concerned about, but that he would watch it. I'm not happy with that piece and I really would like it to be remade too. This is not my first La-Z-Boy and when I order something brand new, I know what it should look and feel like. I'll be patient but I really don't like having to fix and adjust the lounge because it's wrinkly every time I get up off it. At the store in Boardman, Steven and Kaitlyn have been phenomenal and I've been back in there looking at some other items. I just want them to make sure that they fix my concerns but I'm satisfied overall.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Profile