La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

4.0/5 (758 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: March 8, 2022

You make me wait six months for poor quality furniture that needs to be returned and you just keep giving me the runaround. I don’t know what I have to get you to act on this but you are not giving me much of a choice. You get zero stars.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I ordered 2 recliners from your website at the price listed, I paid and then a short time later someone from your company calls and says there was a pricing error and they need to cancel my order. **! Your typos are not my fault and you need to honor my purchase. Terrible way to do business. CORRECT THIS NOW BY HONORING YOUR PRICES!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

My recliner is still not fixed. There were staples sticking out and injured my foot. I sent pictures as requested and was told someone would contact me which never happened. You folks outsource your repairs and we are on our 3rd with footrest problems. The same guy is coming 3RD TIME!!!! Maybe he is incompetent if he is here AGAIN trying to fix the same problem. I am fed up with apathy from La-Z-Boy especially with the injury I incurred.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We ordered a couch on June 19, 2021. They said it was in the warehouse and would ship to us by August. OK, NP. August, Sept, came and went. Upon calling to check status, they said, Oh, it will be delivered in NOVEMBER. The week of Thanksgiving, guess what shows up?? The WRONG couch! You've got to be kidding! They decide to put a RUSH on the coach and said it will be delivered in Feb. Well, this past Saturday, they delivered a BROKEN couch with NO power cord! WTH! My husband unknowingly "accepted" the item. When we called the driver who delivered to come BACK and get it - he wasn't 5 mins away - he never did and dispatch was useless. We now have a broken couch in our living room with no power cord.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

You Draper store has been the worst. No communication. Reached out 5 times. Have a 3 month old recliner that doesn't work. Typical corporate style of lack of communication. I'm gonna return this POS to the store directly.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I waited over 9 months for my custom furniture. After owning it for one month it looked filthy and would not clean up despite the stain treatment I purchased. I contacted the store because I believe the furniture was NOT treated. They sent someone to my home (which took two weeks) and then never followed up. I called them after two weeks and was told that the technician should have told me to call the stain company. The Manager that called me, I believe her name was Chris, was rude and basically saying that my claim it was not treated was not possible because in her "18 years she has never had this conversation", "she'd been to the warehouse" and she was sure to talk over me to tell me that. Chris didn't listen and was not empathetic. I highly recommend you spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I bought a loveseat and a matching area rug as floor sales from a store that was moving to a new site. The rug was staged with model furniture when I viewed it, which hid the actual state it was in. When I took it home and unrolled it I saw that it was dirty and discolored. I tried to clean it professionally, but it didn't clean up; the dirt was embedded. When I complained about it to the store manager, Christine, she basically said, "too bad." This is both fraud--it was a defective product--and poor customer service. It's the first time I had bought anything from La-Z-Boy, and I will never shop there again. I initially had concerns about the company as a third-rate furniture store and now my concerns have been proven true.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Horrible experience trying to find out the status of my order! Website doesn't recognize sales receipt order number. Sent an email which went unanswered so after 4 days I called. Customer Service apparently doesn't even download voicemail. Assistant store manager knows nothing. Finally finds my order, tells me chair is in but sofa and loveseat won't be in until May. You have had $6K of my money since September when outside delivery should have been in April; now outside promised delivery, no notice, no apology? Claims he didn't have an email as sales associate never asked for one. How about those 2 phone numbers it took you forever to find?

When I said I wanted the name of his district manager and phone number I was told he could only provide a generic customer care number....didn't we start with they don't answer or return calls? I asked for his name and he gave me his first name. Told me I was not entitled to his last name! I said he had mine and he said no he didn't. I just spelled it for you when you were looking for the transaction! The man needs to be gone and the company needs to honor their commitments and stop floating the interest on my sizeable deposit. Don't go there!!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Beware of reviews that are about a recent purchase of furniture that hasn’t been used very much yet. I’m not sure why reviewers are giving 5 stars recently about how great their furniture still is from 20 years ago when things are not built the same. Also the 5 star reviews about recent purchases saying they know how great the furniture will be in “years to come” when it hasn’t even arrived yet.

My December 2020 buying experience was great! Delivery in January 2021 - gorgeous! But I noticed immediately after receiving that my $2700 manual reclining sofa/loveseat head/seat cushions were filled very large squishy foam with absolutely no firmness. Less than 3 month later, the cushions are starting to sag and the fabric loose and starting to pill. A year later, the most worn seat looks terrible - very saggy cushions, fabric is extremely saggy on the headrest and seat and pilled on the cushion edges and footrest. The rest of the seating gets used about an hour a day and is showing pilling, sag and loose fabric.

I spent HOURS finally deciding on La-Z-Boy and making my style/fabric decisions and hoped for the best when I saw the negative reviews of declined quality. It’s a waste of money and a waste of material and will take up space in a landfill a lot sooner than it should. Very sad and very annoying. And as a reviewer on another site asked “If not La-Z-Boy, then what?” I’m not sure where to go for quality reclining, manual (because electric breaks more easily) sofa and loveseat that’s not a sectional. Save your money/aggravation and do not buy La-Z-Boy. Listen to the reviewers who have purchased within the last couple of years when quality wasn’t what it was “years ago”. People who have had the chance to use the furniture for at least 6 months to a year. Listen to them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Good day; After decades of being a loyal customer, countless purchases over the years with a growing family, I find myself discouraged and disappointed about the poor service I received in my now aging years. Now a senior, and caring for my husband's illness, I've spent thousands of dollars on ensuring he was comfortable in his current state. To celebrate what might very well be his last Christmas, we purchased a loveseat on December 23rd so that company may comfortably sit with him as he is bound to his LaZBoy chair.

After the purchase within 72 hours of receipt we contacted your establishment to request that they pick up the loveseat and work with me to exchange it for something comfortable. After 24 hours the loveseat looked terrible. The right cushion seat was significantly lower than the left. It is uncomfortable for myself and my guests concurred. We've always had lazy boy furniture for almost 40 years now and never have we paid such an amount for what we feel is poor quality. My guests even concurred "This is not something anyone would want to sit on for any extended period of time." The cushions are hard, they sink and lose their shape, and it feels like subpar materials were used in the making, it feels and looks cheap as a result. It definitely does not justify a $2,146.92 dollar purchase for this loveseat.

What adds insult to injury here is that despite several calls and emails and the initial request as per your return policy, the matter has yet to be resolved. I feel as though as a loyal customer who's dropped more than $5,000 dollars in six months in your store on Hunt club road, I've been fluffed off, ignored and put aside. Here we are entering the month of February and I have yet to have a manager deal with this issue and assist us with the return of this loveseat. I can't help but wonder if what I am experiencing is ageism. Is this in fact a result of discriminations vis a vis senior citizens? Or are all customers treated so poorly.?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

My Mother has purchase La-Z-Boy furniture for decades...sofas, chairs, hassocks. Most recently she asked me, her daughter, to help her purchase a new Lift Recliner. Because she is a small woman, and with the help of the Oxnard La-Z-Boy sales person, Kayla, we purchased a Miller Bronze recliner/Lift Chair in April 2021. It was delivered to my mother in Ventura and worked for 9 months. It stopped working when my Mother was in a reclined position with her feet elevated. It could not move. Oh, by the way, my Mother is 100 years old, mentally capable, but required the Lift Chair in order to get out of her chair...oh, and she is legally blind. She lives in a beautiful Assisted Living facility in Ventura.

When the chair stopped working family and facility staff tried to correct the problem. No issue could be discovered. After a 2 week wait for service, the 3rd party service man said the "transformer" was damaged and it would take 30 days to get the part and then a service call would have to be scheduled. So, a nine month old chair was not useable!

When I tried to get this problem rectified, I was meant with obstacles. It was only when I said I wanted to replace the chair that a Customer Care representative, Savannah, called to say they will send the part in 3-5 business days. Today is the 5th business day and NO PART. Though I called and emailed Comfort Care, I received no response as of the writing of this review. Currently, my 100 year old mother is out $1700.00 for the Lift Chair, she does not have a lift chair to use, and it is doubtful this will be corrected any time soon. Advice to consumers, DO NOT PURCHASE A RECLINER/LIFT CHAIR FROM LA-Z-BOY!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Overall a great experience. The salesman was extremely helpful and very attentive to my needs. He carefully searched his inventory, showed me the products that met my criteria, and we picked out the perfect recliner for me. The price was right and it will be delivered shortly.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

This company is very customer oriented. I bought a beautiful couch from them and love it. I would totally recommend it to family and friends. I know this couch is going to last a long time, and I look forward to it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I have wanted a LaZ Boy recliner for a long time so when I had the chance, I tossed my old living room extra wide chair out and purchased a LaZ Boy wall recliner. It is the most uncomfortable chair I have ever sat in. My hips and back hurt when I get out of it! Difficult to reach and pull up on the recliner handle! Doesn't seem to have 'padding' in the right areas - my head is pushed forward and where my back is, sinks inward! The only good thing I can say about it is - pretty color! And color does not come above comfort! So sorry I purchased this chair - a total waste of money and so disappointing! Don't know what I am going to do with it other than call it my "better watch what you wish for" chair! (two receipts attached (second one was too light to read) because the chair I originally ordered was sold so I had to pick a different style LaZ Boy and they charged me more.... to be uncomfortable in!!!)

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I've been a lifelong purchaser of La-Z-Boy furniture. Couches, Recliners, Reclining couches.... many purchases, many times. 30 months ago, I decided to leave my old La-Z-Boy furniture in Michigan at my northern home and buy (4) new couches and a recliner for our Florida home. La-Z-Boy no longer makes their products out of solid wood. They use sheet particle board, the frames are made of soft pine and the fiber they use as stuffing doesn't hold form after a couple of months of use.

Too many critical parts of the reclining mechanisms are also made of plastic. Most of the mechanism is metal, however the plastic breaks and I am paying the price after minimal use. In one of my reclining couches, I'm on my 3rd service call for failed parts, and come to find out when they say limited warranty, they mean LIMITED warranty! Mind you, we are only here half the time. We are in Michigan 50% of the time, so this furniture has minimal use, 15 months worth. It all creaks, doesn't hold form, frame is warping and now isn't functional, unless I want to shell out 200.00 for a third service call.

I always bought La-Z-Boy because it's an American brand. Unfortunately, the parts are all from the cheapest bidder in China and the quality has gone right in the toilet. Do your homework. This mistake cost me $8000.00. I'm done with La-Z-Boy. I feel like I got taken to the cleaners and I can get better quality furniture at IKEA.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

We went to the La-Z-Boy gallery in Greenfield, Wisconsin. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient as they answered the many questions we had about different recliners. We visited the store three times before we settled on a particular recliner. We ordered a Reed recliner in July, but we’re told it wouldn’t be ready until November. It was delivered today & it was worth the wait! The recliner is beautiful and comfortable. We highly recommend La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

We were welcomed when we entered the store. We had a very helpful sales lady. She answered questions on several chairs and looked up the prices, availability, delivery information and more. There was no sales pressure, just help. We changed our minds at least three times and she was patient and continued to help us. We decided on the chair we wanted and though it was a day or so past the sale price, she gave us the discount. Our chair was delivered to our home on time and we love it. Good service, and excellent quality. We recommend La-Z-Boy for comfort and quality furniture.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I understand that product supply is a problem in this economy. I agreed to wait 6 months. It would work in our moving plan. Updates from your store through month 6 were positive. Everything was on track. All of a sudden at 6 months, it will still be months more. Everyone's hands are tied in your organization evidently. It's simple. Refund the deposits and resell the furniture when you actually have it, rather than have customers exist in discomfort. Have some integrity, do the right thing.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

On 12/20/21, I purchased a new La-Z-Boy rocker recliner swivel chair but have yet to take possession of it. After purchasing it, a good friend warned me that their quality is definitely not what it used to be, which alarmed me. Since the early ‘90s, I've always had La-Z-Boy chairs – and they have always held up great -- so I did some research and found ConsumerAffairs.com. On this website, they had LOTS of complaints about the leather peeling/cracking issues and the lack of response to requests from La-Z-Boy Customer Assistance. The site also discusses the big difference between ANALINE and BONDED leather. Bonded leather is parts of shredded and bits of leather basically glued together with a polyurethane coating.

As to problems with La-Z-Boy’s Customer Service, this may be helpful which I found on Google, “La-Z-Boy has temporarily closed its U.S. manufacturing facilities, effective immediately, to be re-evaluated on April 13, 2020. This does affect its Newton operation. The temporary closure of all company-owned La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries® stores is in process, with 130 of 155 stores currently closed. Mar 30, 2020.” But other websites said there are still some US La-Z-Boy manufacturers, so it was confusing. I put three stars because I've not yet had any problem but I'm going to hopefully find other chairs that rock/recline/swivel as options. I hope this has been helpful. And thanks for the comments as to the extended warranty not being honored; I won't buy one.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

We had a wonderful experience with La-Z-Boy on Shackleford in Little Rock, AR The Sales Consultant was helpful and knowledgeable. He found the perfect loveseat for us. They delivered it a few days later and the two men that delivered it were very courteous. We went back today and ordered a matching recliner.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We were greeted by a very pleasant young man. He listened to our needs, showed us selections and gave us the room, time and ability to explore products while being close enough to get answers as needed. He didn't "hover" and follow our every move. When we made our choice he quickly checked that the item was in stock before completing our transaction. I love adding to my furniture needs by using the interest free payment plans.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Purchased a leather sofa and love seat Feb. 2019… spent $6,000. And purchased a warranty as well. No kids, no pets, we are “seniors”… The leather is peeling. I contacted the warranty company and was told that they don’t cover normal west and tear!!! Contacted the company and was told that I could have it reupholstered (at my expense). DO NOT was your money on La-Z-Boy. We shopped around, we actually thought we were buying quality by purchasing at a La-Z-Boy Gallery

We have 30 year old furniture that was purchased at a discount store and has survived 3 kids snd 5 grandchildren!! Buyer Beware.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Purchased a sectional sofa 1 year ago from La-z-boy. as it arrived, it already had many damages. Every sofa section was not in proportion, didn't line up. The fabric was loose on 2 parts of the sectional and and the chaise was raised up on the foot section and sunken at the seat. It was returned twice for repairs and then eventually was fully returned and sent a whole new one, which was no better. I called and reported this but was only offered a $200, discount. By then I was sick and tired of dealing with La-z-boy.

By the way, returns are not a option!! So now I am stuck with a bad unsightly sectional. The fabric is starting to wear where you sit, and we are not large people. Large or not, it shouldn't wear in 18 months. I absolutely HATE this sofa. We paid over $3500.00 for it, and that was a sale price, the original price was $5000,. I purchased a sectional from La-z-boy 25 years ago and it was perfect for us, I was told "things aren't made like they used to be". So don't go buy the La-z-boy brand. It's garbage.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

This company is the worst!! I am not even sure they care about their customers and their satisfaction. I waited 8 months for my furniture, and when it arrived, 3 of the protective pads were missing on the legs and there was just a nail sticking out, when they placed this furniture down on my wood floors it scratch the wood, I have been waiting 7 months for them to repair my floors. I spent 11k on new furniture with this company, you would at least think they would repair the damaged floor.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

La-Z-Boy chairs were my go-to choice for years. I was always pleased with the comfort and quality of the La-Z-Boy Chairs so a lift-chair from La-Z-Boy was my go-to-choice in July of 2017 just prior to knee replacement surgery. The $2000 512 PINNACLE from the POWERLIFT PLATINUM SERIES purchased from Brookfield CT store, worked well during my recovery (I often slept in the chair, relying on it so much!) and up until early May 2020. I reported the problem with the footrest (making chair nearly useless) then and learned that, in order to get repair, I had to pay $150 in advance for service or no one would be available. I paid and had to wait.,broken chair out of use..until June 30, 2020 (more than six weeks) for resolution. Fine.

October 2021. The control for lifting and lowering the chair no longer works. The chair is stuck mid-rise. I had to maneuver out of it most carefully. My daughter was supposed to stay with me while visiting but because the lift chair was broken and would not open or close, there was no place for my daughter sleep. She had to stay elsewhere. My senior apartment is 600 square feet and I do not own a couch. I made the monumental mistake of relying on the “Lifetime guarantee” claimed by La-Z-Boy to work during my daughter’s visit and beyond. La-Z-Boy failed to mention the unreasonable downtime along the way or the fact that there is a charge for repairs that should NEVER have been necessary a mere three years after purchase.

The local store contact behaves indifferently when help for repair is sought. They give you the repair number and nothing else. Repair contact will tell you the cost and the date to expect repair and assure you it can’t be any sooner. La-Z-Boy products were once superior to all others. Not any more. The quality of the product has been so reduced that it requires multiple repairs under the guise of “lifetime guarantee.” Two major repairs in 3+ years is unacceptable and yet..Here I am having to begin AGAIN the frustrating, never ending quest to get my $2,000, 512 PINNACLE POWERLIFT PLATINUM SERIES chair usable again..If possible.

Buyer beware. La-Z-Boy standards have changed significantly in recent years and not, sad to say, for the better.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I bought 2 leather La Z Boy at the store on Hunt Club in Ottawa in 2013 and now one is all cracked and also peeling. I always took care of my la z boy and now this. I sent them an email with pictures to the customer service and after I paid over $2000 for la z boys they never even bothered to answer my email. They pride themselves with their warranty and it's not worth ** in my book. Never again will I buy at that place be warn you will pay hard earn money and won't ** care about you again. Customer service and warranty garbage. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else or online for that matter and store like this will go belly up thanks to COVID. With customer service such as yours, you deserve to go belly up.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I ordered Jan 1 of 2021. Understand with the pandemic items would be delayed and was quoted 4-6 months for delivery. Six months came and went with no contact from you. I had to call you to get updates, especially after the sales associate stated she would call if there was a delay. Finally got some of my order after 9 months, but still waiting on a love seat after 10 and a half months. I just called you again, looks like we will be waiting 11+ months. SMH

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Worse purchase of my life! It has been barely past one year and the recliner sofas are falling apart (2 of them). We purchased a 3 years extended warranty and since my local store closed nobody wants to help us. We have been transferred I don't even know how many times. For one of the transfers we got sent to Ashley Furniture Store's customer care center! I wish we would have gone to Ashley Furniture store instead of going to a La-Z-Boy store. Poor quality, awful customer service and zero responsibility on honoring a warranty that we paid for with the store credit card. I am unable to locate the original receipt but we have the transaction information via the credit card company and still none will help us. Extremely disappointed! Would not recommend buying anything from this store. I don't write bad reviews but this is just unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We ordered a $2000 recliner back in March and were told it would be in by Oct! We are now told not until Dec. Oh they offered a free delivery but doesn't help me! I have a severe back and neck injury and need a chair. The La-z-boy we have is 15 YO and doesn't support anymore. 9 months is unreasonably long for a chair! We can get a car faster!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I’ve been waiting since July for a recliner. First I was told Sept then Jan then possibly sept. Last told I was informed my chair was in the warehouse ready to be shipped. Tried Multiple times to reach a sales rep only to be routed to Ohio. No one ever calls bac. If it wasn’t such a good product I would go elsewhere. This is the Setauket store. Very Disappointed in both the manager and service.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information