La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

4.0/5 (756 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: July 10, 2022

Please, beware of La-Z-Boy's customer service. We have had nothing but problems with the, furniture set, since the day it arrived. Last appointment for a service tech to take another look, was booked out 2 months, day before they cancelled. "Several" call attempts have been made, to reschedule, no one answers, "literally holding over an hour" until unable to hold anymore. Also, several emails attempts, no success, it's outrageous. I just need them to fix their product, the recliners have never worked correctly, the hardware from the couch, sliced holes in our floor, our floor is ruined. Desperately seeking help to have this resolved.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I purchased my La-z-boy at Collins in Kalispell, MT. I wanted another similar chair to my 25 yr old chair which still maintains its shape and upholstery still not worn looking. Well my new chair is a piece of junk. The upholstery does not fit properly, is wrinkled, looks like it has been sat in for many years. I have had it 2-3 weeks.

Original review: July 7, 2022

We decided to buy a couch from La-Z Boy since they are supposed to have this spectacular selection. We waited 9 months... 9 MONTHS for our sectional. At the end of those 9 months, you don't always remember exactly what it looked like, felt like, what exact color you chose, how far back the recliner went, but what you do remember is THAT IT WASN'T BROKEN. 9 Months for a broken sectional. The delivery guys tell us they're just delivery guys and call the store... Store tells us to call for a service to get the tech out to fix the couch. SECTIONAL CAN'T BE FIXED FOR A MONTH AND A HALF.

Technician comes out a month and a half later... 10 minutes into him here, all he can say is they're going to have to put in a report and someone is going to be in touch about what to do next but he can't tell me when. The only reason it's two stars is because the sales woman was a delight. Every moment after paying has been awful. A $5,000 broken sectional that your service tech couldn't even fix. Disappointed is an understatement.

Original review: July 6, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. After waiting more than 6 months for supposedly two top of the line gliding/swivel/reclining chairs, it's really hard to believe just how bad the chairs are performing after just the first use. The clanking - banging - creaking - groaning noises from BOTH chairs is so bad and so loud, we can't sit in them. Calls to their "Service Department" for the defective chairs is nothing but a total intentional run around that will have you waiting on hold and/or waiting for a service person who simply doesn't show up. You would think that such a large established company like La-Z-Boy would have it figured out, but we have been sorely disappointed and would never buy from them again. It's also important to mention that their retail store in Brick was absolutely no help whatsoever to help resolve the abhorrent quality issues with the product and care only about the next sale.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Worst customer service ever. Three days of on hold, for 2 hours, for service. They blamed it on lack of workers (Let's go Brandon). They will lie to you and tell you the warranty is lifetime and everything is covered except urine (when you are there). I purchased a $6000 sectional and recliner. Even after purchasing an extended warranty, a service call to the Coachella Valley is $160 plus $13.99 for parts. Labor rates are not stated on the paperwork that you receive after you pay. So you have no clue until a small plastic piece breaks.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Within six months, the stitch areas between the leather and vinyl started cracking on my sofa and loveseat. These points can actually cut your skin. The technician that came to my house took pictures and said that it needed to be replaced. La-Z-Boy says that this type of defect isn't covered under warranty and I'd have to pay for repairs. Seriously?! Four thousand dollars for a sofa and this is the customer service that you get?! I'm a long time customer of this company (30 years) and never had a problem with its products before. Believe me when I say they have changed. This company's quality has gone way down. Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: June 22, 2022

A number of weeks ago I called La-Z-Boy and ordered some parts for my recliner. I have not received them and have not been able to talk with someone about my order. Today, 6/21/2022, I spent 30 waiting for someone to help me with this issue. When I called back and talked with someone in another area, they told me the wait was 2 1/2 HOURS!!!! I did not get the call back feature if one is available. I will try tomorrow morning early. Not really pleased!!!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Order was promised in September of 2021 and not delivered until April of 2022. Chair broke first of June due to poor spot welds on mechanism. Service would not return the many phone calls left on message machine as you don't get to talk to a person and the only info I got was that the person answering the phone was going on vacation from June 20 to the 27th of June. Sent emails and pictures along with original order number and Product Tag, No response for the entire week. Do yourself a favor and shop for furniture elsewhere!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I don’t typically do reviews but I feel compelled to do so. I do not like being taken advantage of and I don’t appreciate misleading actions! We purchased two recliners from La-Z-Boy only 23 months ago. One of them we hardly use due to the horrendous sound it is making. I remembered that the store talked me into the $232 extended warranty! POINTLESS!!! LIARS!!!! The service call alone, will cost me $195 just for coming and $95/hr after!!! To fix a spring in the garbage they sold me. The warranty is just a way to steal your money and the furniture is junk! We don’t even have kids, no overuse. Go somewhere else! Buy someone else's garbage for way less because let’s face it, there is not much quality these days.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Delivery after long wait, no complaints about that, recliner creaked from beginning, called repairman came and all he did was put oil and a piece of foam under seat. Within a day creaking came back, called and had to wait another 8 weeks for repairman to come back, at that time, after I told him it was not an oil problem, he got annoyed said nothing could be done and nastily said "I will never come to this house again." I even offered him water and still not friendly. We were away for the winter and more so I started again to try to communicate with you. Went to the store where we bought and they said nothing can be done from there.

Called your 855 # waited 1:10 min, called again another 52 min. this was on 6/6/22, called again on 6/7. Spoke to Jason who said his supervisor will call me within 1 to 6 days, told him to call me on my cell but today 6/10 find a message at home number. Not from the supervisor but from Jason to call the 855 # again, spoke to an Alexis who will send a repairman on June 24th, have to stay home all day because you do not give an about time. What kind of a place are you running? Hope to hear from you.

Original review: June 3, 2022

My wife ordered a couch and recliner with money down on 12/30/2021. The furniture was to be delivered in March, then April, then May, well you get the picture as now they are saying July. They upgraded our couch to having a motor for the reclining feature to supposedly making us whole…hardly. My next step is to go the government route, maybe the non-union plant in Tennessee needs a Union Drive…

Original review: May 25, 2022

Substandard quality, useless extended warranty, and non-existent customer service. Initiated a Corporate claim January 18, 2022 after being advised Extended warranty would not cover damage. Winnipeg Store keeps saying they haven’t heard from Corporate. Corporate says their last communication with the store was on May 5, 2022 but would not tell me what they would do. Contacted store in person on May 18, informed they had a new Manager but she wasn’t in. Explained problem and frustration level to receptionist and requested she have Manager call me asap. 7 days have passed and still no call. Informed today, May 25, 2022, Manager again not in and could not be contacted. Attempt to speak to Operations Manager unsuccessful.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Buyer beware!! Do not shop La-Z-Boy in the Woodlands. Paid 5k for a sofa in Oct 2021. Was told by store manager it would be here in Feb, then March. It's nearing the end of May and still No sofa! They will not allow me to cancel order or get full refund without paying fee of 40%! This is stealing/extortion! Will never shop this store or company again!!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Saw a pair of recliners we wanted months ago. Stopped in to see what the close out pricing looked like. It is the exact same price it was then. No discount at all. This is a very deceitful practice. Thank you for wasting our time.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Sooo I spent $2K on a non reclining sectional, and had to replace it 7 years later. We don't have children, don't entertain often, and are not hard on furniture, but this one fell apart. The plastic connectors broke within 6 months, the fabric started pilling, and becoming threadbare. Called the store for recommendations for cleaners, the people they recommended sent a guy who was 4 hrs late, and tried to intimidate me into coming in my house, called about the fabric guarantee, nope. It's only good for 6 months, called about getting the connectors replaced, I would need to pay for that. I might as well have spent a few hundreds and bought something from Ashley. Save your money the quality has gone down, and they don't stand by the product.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Purchased a living room set on 4/3/2021 and have yet to receive furniture. Continual broken promises as to when it will arrive. After 13 months I have requested a refund and they are refusing to refund the 50% deposit I have paid.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I've always heard La-Z-Boy furniture is the best so in the summer of 2021 I purchased 2 recliners from the La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery in Eugene. An Astor and a Randall, both in brown leather. The cost of the chairs was just under $1500ea. The sale process was okay, but it took longer than promised to get the chairs in and deliver them. Almost right away one of the brown leather chairs began to turn white, and then the white started to peel off. It appears to be some sort of a coating as the leather under it seems fine, but it makes the chair look like it belongs in the landfill.

By November the problem had gotten extremely bad, so I called the store but was told all warranty issues were handled through Tualatin. I called them and was told the soonest anyone could come out to look would be January. Really?? The technician came out in January, said he had never seen anything like it, took photos, and said they would take care of it. Long story short it is now almost May and after over a dozen phone calls and emails, many of which were never responded to, La-Z-Boy still has not taken care of the problem.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I purchased a sofa four months ago. I was told that it would be delivered by the end of February - mid-March. I informed the sales representative before making the purchase that I would be leaving Clearwater for a few months in April and would need the sofa by then. The salesperson assured me that I would definitely have the sofa by April. I attempted to call the service department at La-Z-Boy several times in March because I had not received a delivery date, but no one returned my call. I wound up going into the store and was told that my sofa was being prepared for shipping and that I would receive it in a few weeks. It never came, again, I tried calling, and again no one returned my call, so I had to return to the store. I was then informed that my sofa was due to ship on the 18th of April. The 18th came and went with no sofa.

I went back to the store again and was told again that my sofa would ship in three to four weeks, which is what they told me in March. Whether or not I will receive it, is anyone's guess. Their excuse is that they have had problems with distributors and have also had an exceptionally high demand for orders. As a result, I had to cancel my travel plans and am now being held hostage until La-Z-Boy decides to ship my sofa. While I was last there checking on the delivery status, there was another customer there who had been waiting over a year for his product.

Given that they did not keep their agreement to deliver the sofa by April, I believe that I should have been allowed to cancel the order, but I was told I could not. I wouldn't have purchased the sofa if I had known that it would not be delivered by the time I was due to leave the state for the summer. They do not return calls and when you are able to speak to someone, they just lie. I will never shop at La-Z-Boy again. They didn't even offer any compensation for my trouble.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Bought a lift chair for my handicap Uncle back in June, 2021. It was backordered until Oct, 2021. The $2400.00 chair broke within 5 months. When I called for repairs they told me it would be at least 2 1/2 months before someone could come and fix it. For the amount of money the chair was and the fact he desperately needs it to get up, this is unacceptable!!

Original review: April 18, 2022

We purchased a reclining sofa at the beginning of November. We later received notification that the delivery date was gong to be April 20, 2022. Come April and it is now going to be "late May" maybe. According to the agreement, it is too late to cancel as you only have three days from date of purchase to cancel the order even though it may take up 9 months to make and deliver it. There is no way that they have started making something that many months before delivery but you are stuck no matter what. You are committed no matter what delays they incur. So... don't order unless you are certain you can't find a similar item with a much shorter delivery time elsewhere. Arguably, the ingredients are nearly universal and go into every product (wood, cushion material, cloth, springs, controls, hardware). Why it takes 9 months to put it together is a mystery but, that is what you sign up for with La-Z-Boy. Hopefully you won't die before they deliver it.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I have purchased thousands of $ of La-Z-boy furniture in the past year+ and 2 of the items with pet friendly fabric are not holding up. (Note: We have multiple items from La-Z-boy and other retailers with no pet damage issues.) La-Z-boy will not advise on how to get the service needed during the 1st year warranty, even though ServeCo is one of the warranty services we purchased. Fiona from Customer Advocacy hung up on me when I asked who else I could escalate to for assistance. There is a lot more detail to this situation, which I plan to email to the La-Z-boy CEO for assistance, as I have purchased all warranty plans and have reached a brick wall with all known avenues for assistance.

Original review: April 12, 2022

After purchasing our ~$3,000k Lazboy sofa we were very excited for the investment and addition to our home we were making. It was delivered on Sept 2021 broken and dirty, we were not given the right to refusal by the delivery company even after pointing out the issues. Since then we have had both mechanisms break on the either side of the sofa, rendering the couch unusable because the foot rest is stuck halfway open.

We've owned the couch for 6 months and it's broken multiple times and now we cannot use it for another 3 months until a service tech comes out -- all while paying for it. We even opted for the extended warranty and now realize that after 1 year of ownership we will need to pay for each tech visit ($124) at this rate of every 3 months needing a repair it will end up becoming a money pit. Highly disappointed with the quality of our product, wholeheartedly think this couch is junk and don't want it in our house. Wish lazboy customer service would be more accommodating with our requests for a refund.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I am more than disappointed and upset with this company and their policies. I purchased a sofa, chair and ottoman spending over 4000. I choose this company because of their reputation for their excellent warranty. I spent this amount of money because I thought I would have a product that was well made and would last for many years to come. I spent hours in the store talking to employees and making sure that no matter what, they would honor a warranty if I needed it, I was very wrong.

Two years into having the set, my couch frame was warped and beginning to crack. I have spent the next 2 years fighting with them about the extended warranty. TO DATE, I have been through more than 6 people, been assured of assistance and shuffled around endlessly. I now have a couch that the frame is completely broken and not useable. My "phantom warranty" will expire at the end of this year and I have zero resolution. The manager at the Barrie location where I purchased it, assured me a few months back she would help. She has now shuffled me to another person without giving me any info and refusing to answer my emails after looking me in the eye and telling me not to worry, she would help. Utterly disgusting practice for such a large company with such a reputation. I will never buy from this store again.

Original review: March 13, 2022

We bought a large sectional and some ottomans in April, 2021. Today we finally went to the store to try to find out why our furniture hasn’t been delivered (got no call back when I phoned). Basically they have no idea. The store manager fed us a bunch of ** about how they would never tell a customer a delivery time was 5 months when they know it is longer (we were told 5 months - it is now almost 12 months). If you look at their FAQ section on the website it still says 5-9 months. We purchased furniture for our new home from multiple stores and LaZBoy is the ONLY one that has failed to deliver within a month or two of the promised date. DON'T BUY FROM LAZBOY UNLESS YOU WANT TO WAIT YEARS TO GET YOUR FURNITURE!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2022

You make me wait six months for poor quality furniture that needs to be returned and you just keep giving me the runaround. I don’t know what I have to get you to act on this but you are not giving me much of a choice. You get zero stars.

Original review: March 2, 2022

I ordered 2 recliners from your website at the price listed, I paid and then a short time later someone from your company calls and says there was a pricing error and they need to cancel my order. **! Your typos are not my fault and you need to honor my purchase. Terrible way to do business. CORRECT THIS NOW BY HONORING YOUR PRICES!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

My recliner is still not fixed. There were staples sticking out and injured my foot. I sent pictures as requested and was told someone would contact me which never happened. You folks outsource your repairs and we are on our 3rd with footrest problems. The same guy is coming 3RD TIME!!!! Maybe he is incompetent if he is here AGAIN trying to fix the same problem. I am fed up with apathy from La-Z-Boy especially with the injury I incurred.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

We ordered a couch on June 19, 2021. They said it was in the warehouse and would ship to us by August. OK, NP. August, Sept, came and went. Upon calling to check status, they said, Oh, it will be delivered in NOVEMBER. The week of Thanksgiving, guess what shows up?? The WRONG couch! You've got to be kidding! They decide to put a RUSH on the coach and said it will be delivered in Feb. Well, this past Saturday, they delivered a BROKEN couch with NO power cord! WTH! My husband unknowingly "accepted" the item. When we called the driver who delivered to come BACK and get it - he wasn't 5 mins away - he never did and dispatch was useless. We now have a broken couch in our living room with no power cord.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

You Draper store has been the worst. No communication. Reached out 5 times. Have a 3 month old recliner that doesn't work. Typical corporate style of lack of communication. I'm gonna return this POS to the store directly.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I waited over 9 months for my custom furniture. After owning it for one month it looked filthy and would not clean up despite the stain treatment I purchased. I contacted the store because I believe the furniture was NOT treated. They sent someone to my home (which took two weeks) and then never followed up. I called them after two weeks and was told that the technician should have told me to call the stain company. The Manager that called me, I believe her name was Chris, was rude and basically saying that my claim it was not treated was not possible because in her "18 years she has never had this conversation", "she'd been to the warehouse" and she was sure to talk over me to tell me that. Chris didn't listen and was not empathetic. I highly recommend you spend your money elsewhere.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information