2. Homeowners
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.6/5 (1454 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: July 10, 2021

Manager call you. He never did so I called back and the same guy I left the message with said he talked to the manager and he said he was going to call me! He got another shift manager on the phone who said it never got ordered and do I want to reorder it? Now I know why the store manager didn't want to call me back! I now have a call into the Corp office so we shall see what happens, but I see they live up to their name! Also I've tried to contact the Corp office to get my money back and no one answers the phone! Do not buy from this company or you will regret it!

Original review: July 6, 2021

We bought a sectional sofa from La-z-boy in 2019 and I’m ready to replace it. My seat is so uncomfortable. It feels like I’m sitting on wood. I expected to get 5 years from the sofa. I would not recommend.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I'll never buy another product from LB... I'm trying to get my $2000 recliner's broken plastic parts fixed for the 4th time and now it's gonna cost me labor $$, but I can't get through to them to get it fixed. Not the same quality as back in the 80's.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Agent Troy ** - was extremely professional - helpful and patient in handling multiple additions to a new home build furnishings project. Highly recommend the Springdale AR location. Entire management team as well as Mr. ** were extremely helpful.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The worst. We paid a substantial deposit to get a sleeper sofa with a high end fabric. They assured us at the time they would be able to deliver it up our stairs. Six months later when it was finally available, the delivery people refused to take it up the stairs. After almost a week trying to get anywhere, we finally got a manager who told us we would not get our $700 deposit back. We pointed out they could resell the sofa, but they actually came out and said it would be a lower profit margin, hence keeping our deposit to make up for the “loss.” They kept talking about customer service, but it’s really just about getting our dollars. Never ever again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I bought a recliner chair with painted wood arms. The paint on the arms started peeling after two months. I reported it to La-Z-Boy and they told me that this is caused by wear and tear, possibly because I wear a watch. Paint on the chair arms peels easily and LA-Z-Boy will not stand behind it. They will find every excuse possible to get out of their warranty responsibility.

Original review: June 24, 2021

We live in Georgia and have had the most horrible customer service and quality experience. We bought two electric recliners last year and both have had severe problems. One of them still has not been fixed and so broken that we can't use it. The local store has changed employees and not returned our calls. Several employees told me that 2020 was a banner year for sales for La-z-boy so I'm assuming that customer service tanked during this time. My husband asks them if we could exchange the electric for a manual and they were very quick to inform us that this would not happen. If anyone has had any success with the corporate office please message me.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Couch looks terrible. Did not last 1 year. Customer service refused to come out! Said padding sliding back is not under warranty. Our last couch (Lane) lasted over 20 years. I have purchased 2 recliners, 2 sofa sleepers and this large sectional. WHAT A TOTAL waste of money. Will be my last purchase and I am sure to tell everyone that comes over that this sectional is a La-Z-Boy and they can see for themselves how bad the quality is!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I went to the Asheville store on May 24th wanting to buy c colorful sofa. The website showed several in stock on the website with the style and colors we wanted. We went in and was told that due to Covid and shortages, nothing was in stock. We didn't know but wasn't "shocked" as it's the new reality. We asked what was the earliest they would have and in what style/color. They had one coming in July and while it wasn't what we wanted but since this is happening everywhere, we went ahead and accepted it. We weren't allowed to make any changes as it would delay it till next year. So we bought it "as is". I got their store credit card and signed and received my copy. We were reassured there was 4 coming in July and one of them was ours.

I called this week (6/17/21) for an update if they had any idea of beginning or end of July only to be told it's now November. This wasn't acceptable to us and we went in person to request a refund. That's when the store manager all of sudden did a 360 and was like no refunds allowed as this was a special order. What? We did NOT order this "special" and there are no customizations. He went on to say that the 4 sofas just got delayed and that it will be November. We asked to speak to someone higher. I also reread our paperwork and nowhere did it state it was a "special" order.

He gave us an email (**) and that person never responded. I went through the corporate customer service to be told that Asheville isn't part of their corporation and that it's privately owned and gave me a number. I called THAT number and you can't get through to anyone and when I tried to "search" any orders with my phone number, it states not found. There's no way to get anyone live. I found their website and sent a message. I got a response back from an Alexandra with merely a copy of my sales receipt which looked very different from what I have.

I am beyond livid at their deceptive practices and want to cancel this. I was also told that my store credit card was not going to be charged till delivery. Well guess what? It was charged in May. When I found out this initially, I didn't mind making payments thinking it will be here soon enough in July. So I want to cancel this sofa and my store card refunded. Here's to hoping I can. I will update this review if I get any resolution, negative or positive.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been doing business with La-Z-Boy for decades and have been happy with the furniture. Lately I spent approximately $2500+ on rocker recliner and sofa. I called 3 days after delivery to complain that seams don’t line up with the creases in the chair making it feel like I’m sitting on ropes and the sofa is hard as a rock and there was hardly any cushioning in both pieces making it painful to sit on after just a few minutes. The manager rudely says they will exchange for a 30% restock fee and they would have to come and get the furniture I have now and wait months for new furniture. That means sitting on the floor for months.

I'm 63 years old and that would be impossible for me to do. I shouldn’t have to pay a restock fee when they sold me garbage and I started complaining before the 2 week refund and exchange time limit was up. In fact they didn’t get back in touch with me until 1 day after the time limit even though I called several times in those 2 weeks. I believe they did that on purchase because they want me to pay the fee.

Concerning the chair, both arms had to be replaced and had to have the back stuffed with polyfill. Then a piece of the base broke. They sent a tech to replace the base but all he did was glue the broken piece. Now it's making the same racket it did before it was glued. They don’t care about the customer once they have your money. They will also talk down to you like you’re 10. I have read thousands of people have had problems with their furniture to that La-Z-Boy won’t do anything about it. They keep giving me the runaround after complaining for almost a year. I’m going to talk to a lawyer about filing a class action lawsuit since thousands of people have had unresolved problems according to many reviews I have read. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 11, 2021

Kelly really listened to what we were seeking for our space. She did not overwhelm us with choices that did not mesh with our request. Slight mix up with our payment. Promptly fixed though it took 2 days to acknowledge that the message was received.

Original review: June 10, 2021

We ordered our couch back in November 2020 and it was pushed back to January 2021 due to a lost piece. None of the other pieces were delivered by the way. We finally got conformation that the piece had been restored and that it would be delivered this June. The delivery guys came but only with one piece of the couch. I have been trying to reach their customer support which doesn't seem to exist because no one's returned any of my calls for the last 2 hours. This is horrible customer service and I demand that someone get back to me immediately!!!

Original review: June 4, 2021

My father, who is 95, a veteran, blind and lives on social security, purchased a chair during the Memorial Day sale. When it was delivered, he said it just didn't feel right (he's had the same now ragged chair for 20 years.) I called within hours of delivery that Saturday to return, and was told they would take care of the return on Tuesday as they were "very busy during the sale." After not hearing from anyone from the store, I finally called them on Wednesday. The salesperson informed they would be charging my father a 30% restocking fee. Is that legal? Yes. Is that morally right? No. Hope you're happy about making a profit on my poor father. This family and anyone else we know will never darken the door of a LaZboy Furniture Gallery again.

Original review: June 3, 2021

We have been a La-Z-Boy customer for 8 years. We have purchased a reclining couch and 2 chairs from them. We came into The Woodlands TX location 2/13/2021 to purchase a new reclining couch because our previous one was getting some rips. Our sales rep Amy said that the current production time was 26 weeks and that we would get our couch by the first week of August at the latest. We understood and decided to move forward with it. We have company coming into town on July 1 and the rips on our couch have gotten bigger. I called to get an updated ETA and was told they didn't have any info but to keep checking back every couple of weeks. I called Friday May 28 to check in and they told me the order was "acknowledged" by the warehouse so it should be coming soon.

I called back in on Monday to see if there was a possibility it would be here at the end of the month before our company comes, and the sales rep that looked up my order said my new ETA was Dec 9. I spoke with Donna, one of the managers and she was unhelpful and told me to call back to speak with Michael **, the store manager. I just got off the phone with him and he was super rude, flat out told me he couldn't help me any further than what was on the computer, that he could not call to get an updated ETA, that he could not see where in the production process it was, that the Dec 9 date was the delivery date to them, not to me so it would probably be the beginning of January 2022 (Almost a year after purchase) and that if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay a 50% restocking fee, even though they haven't started making my couch yet!!!

I understand that the pandemic has caused delays in shipping and production times, but 11 months is pretty ridiculous and then telling the customer that it isn't their problem and that the contract says it can't guarantee anything and if they wanted to cancel they would have to pay $1500 to restock a couch that hasn't even been made yet is horrible. I asked for the store owners information and Michael hung up on me. So if this situation does not get resolved La-Z-Boy will lose a customer for life, which is a legit statement considering that we only will purchase La-Z-Boys.

Original review: May 27, 2021

In Sept. 2019 I bought a very expensive, electric La-Z-Boy recliner. Since it only had a one year warranty on the chair and 3 years on electrical, and since it was the most expensive recliner I've ever purchased, I purchased what the sales lady told me was an extended warranty. She told me, and she was assisted by another associate, that this would cover the chair entirely against anything that would happen to it for several years. It didn't matter if I spilled something on the fabric that stained it or if someone kicked an arm and it fell off by accident, it was covered. Well last week the headrest stopped working, I don't know why, one minute it worked, the next it didn't. I called the store in Metairie, LA where I purchased it and was immediately sent to service, I was OK with that.

The woman in service tells me that my electrical is under warranty but not the rest of the chair other than the "accidental" policy I purchased with the chair, I asked her to explain, she said that it's not exactly a warranty, it's more of an insurance policy for accidents, that it doesn't cover broken or worn out parts. I disagreed based on the verbal commitment from the sales person and her associate, as well as the man who rung up the sale, this is not unusual as I found out, they're the same as car salesmen, just make the sale, screw the customer. I was directed to an online company that handles the "accidental" coverage, who then had me fill out a service request form which had to include several pictures of the chair, which I did. I was told by the service dept. at La-Z-Boy that it takes that company from a few days, to a few weeks, to contact them and either approve the warranty repairs, or decline them.

Yes it is true that we did not read the small print on the warranty page they gave us, we were stupid enough to take their words as an agreement, we're actually a little too old to read and understand all of that small print. So here I am with a $1800.00 piece of beautifully upholstered furniture that doesn't work! Beware of what you think you bought from them and sit down, with them, in the store and go over that "warranty" page that they live by, please don't assume that their sales people will be telling you the truth.

We've purchased a lot of La-Z-Boy furniture through the years, including the current multi-recliner sofa and multi recliner love seat that are currently in our living room, but won't be once we get an ad up in Facebook Marketplace. As a matter of fact, there will never be another La-Z-Boy product in our home. Oh, La-Z-Boy service dept. tells me they'll be glad to come out and look at it for me, for $250.00! I told then what they can kiss for me.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I purchased furniture in October 2020 and was told originally it would be delivered mid- February 2021. Mid-January 2021 I receive an update changing delivery date from February to May 27th. I have tried reaching out to La-Z-Boy by calling corporate and sending an email to the heads of the company with no response at all. This is the email I sent to three of the cooperate executives, again with no response:

I am reaching out to you to try to resolve some issues that I have had with your Frisco, Texas store. First I would like to say not only have I experienced racism, unprofessional behavior, and downright disrespect. But the manager of the store, Sheriann called the police on me just because I wanted an update on my furniture delivery date. Even after Sheriann called the police on me and told the 911 operator that a ** person was in her store threatening her employees, I still tried to work with Sheriann. I waited for the police, and talked to them when they arrived. They asked for the district manager to contact me and they told the police that the district manager does not call or talk to customers. Police gave me advice to civil sue La-z-boy. However, trying to maintain some diplomacy I had my husband call to get an update on furniture that is costing us almost $6000 for 3 pieces today.

My husband was told that they will not communicate with him or myself no longer over the phone or face-to-face. Sheriann and no one else in the store would give my husband an update, instead they made my husband send an email, which took them over 1 hour to respond. Even today over the phone they were disrespectful and rude to both my husband and I. I am sending this email, in hopes of getting to the bottom of this issue. Please read all emails and tell me why would my family be treated so poorly? I hope to hear from one of you soon before taking further action. I thank you for your time on this most sensitive problem.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Trash! We were loyal customers and ordered 2 new high end recliners. After 6 months the foam dips down like an old chair and I only weigh 150lbs.! Also after 6 month the house is still overwhelmed with nasty fumes!!! NEVER again.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I had tried to get La-Z-Boy to do the right thing for weeks. Your Alpharetta store sold us a $2500 recliner that has become discolored at the head. I filed a complaint, submitted pictures yet I was told I would not get a refund. In addition, the chair was sold as "an upgraded leather". I have had 2 industry experts come to my home and attest the leather is defective and there is shoddy workmanship. We spent over $7,000 on this order number and I am tired of getting jacked around.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I purchased a high end recliner in late October, 2020. At the time Laz-Z-Boy was advertising 3-4 month delivery. It is now May and still no recliner. The sales people at the Tyler, Texas store have the attitude of it will get here when it gets here and of course no one knows anything. I was told there is an estimated ship date but it "really doesn't mean anything." They don't seem to understand the concept of a contract. I understand the COVID virus has caused problems with their New York manufacturing facility but they still need to honor their advertising and contracts.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Purchased a replacement recliner for my husband. Found one in the show room that fit him well as he is 6'4" and was comfortable with a lot of padding. Had it delivered after a long wait and it is not the same chair. No padding. He does not fit in it well. Hiships actually rub the sides and in the short time we have had it the material is wearing where his hips are hitting. He is a truck driver and only home 3 days a week so not a lot of use!!!! POOR quality. Have had the company come out and service it only to find it needs repair and told that the quality is not good by employee of LaZBoy!!! Customer service is rude and will not even offer a replacement let alone a refund. This chair was to replace a 20 year old lazyboy recliner that held up beautifully just replaced for color change. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER and lazy boy does not care. If I could give a negative stars I would.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I am sending this on behalf of my mother who is 81 years old. She bought this chair on her birthday for herself and was complaining it was itchy and her feet hung off the end causing her feet to fall asleep creating a problem when she went to get up. We moved it to the garage and covered it and brought her old La-Z-Boy chair back out. She had to travel to Houston for a month for personal reasons and upon return we called the sales person and requested an exchange for a larger leather recliner. We were told about the 10 day policy at that time, but the salesperson would talk to her Manager and get back with us, which we never heard back from her.

My mother is very disappointed due to the fact this is her 3rd recliner she has purchased from this company and has always been extremely happy. We would like to exchange the chair for a larger leather chair if possible. I have included photos of the chair we want to exchange, it is in excellent condition and would really appreciate an accommodation for my mom. Thank you for your time.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Very disappointed in your customer service. I have a leather recliner that is 4 years old. Yes it is out of warranty, but a chair from LB should last longer. The only problem with the chair is the piping. It is rotten and defective and it flakes off when you touch it, therefore the seam comes apart. It is mainly on the back of the chair. Your company and the store have said I can have a new back if I pay $210 plus shipping in US dollars, Then I was offered $100 off a new chair. The owner of the store thinks it is very odd and not seen this before. Come on LB, just fix the problem.

Original review: April 22, 2021

If I could give this company and this product 0 stars, I would. 5 years ago, my husband and I purchased a $4,000.00 Bonded Leather sectional sofa. We were told, on the sales floor, that this product had a lifetime warranty with the exceptions of "jaws and claws." The price was steep, but we paid it for that kind of guarantee. When we got our sofa, we were taking it out of the boxes, and there was a part with some of the leather coming off. We called the store, expressing our concerns about the material. We told them that if this is typical, we will just stop unboxing it, bring it back and exchange it for a different material. We were ASSURED that, No, this is a issue with how they packaged that part, and that we had nothing to fear as we had our lifetime warranty on the material should this happen down the road.

Well, last year in October, I noticed that in certain places, where the material is stretched over the wood, it was separating, I contacted customer service, took pictures, and didnt get a response until March, AFTER I wrote them to check on the status of my claim. I was told that we only had a 1 year warranty on the material. Which is not what we were told on the sales floor, and not what we were told when we unboxed our sectional. I explained this to La-Z-Boy, I told them that the couch is even worse now, that the material is falling to pieces, I sent more pictures, and even called the manager of the store where we purchased it from. The manager told me that the bonded leather material is no longer being used because this problem happens all the time. That he would contact corporate as well and try to get this resolved.

I just heard back today and they told me that since we have had the couch 5 years and we are past our warranty, and the fact that they no longer have that material available, there is nothing they can do but offer me a $600 credit. I dont have young kids, we hardly sit on the couch at all, and it fell apart in less than 5 years. It's getting worse by the day. I know that to some people $4,000 is a drop in the bucket, but to my family, that is a huge investment to make on anything, especially something that falls apart in 5 years. This company is aware of their defective product, so much so they stopped using it and instead of letting customers know, or letting customers who purchased this product, find something else comparable, they tell me, "Sorry for selling you a defective product for $4,000, here's a $600 credit."

This is terrible customer service. We were lied to, twice, Once to make a sale, and another to avoid the hassle of a return. Now we are stuck with a couch that falls to pieces when you touch it. Im sure La-Z-Boy wont miss my business, nor any of my friends and family who have vowed to never shop there again after this, I just hope someone sees this and shops elsewhere for their furniture.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I bought a recliner from La-Z-Boy for use post surgery. Since I would be staying at a friend's home, the chair was delivered to their home. The chair was to stay in their home as a 'thanks' when I returned to my own home. It was delivered and set up in a spare bedroom where no one else would be using it about 2 weeks prior. I went to their home the night before surgery to drop off things I would need after getting out of the hospital. The chair had not been used since the setup-delivery. I sat in the chair and had a hard time getting the footrest up.

Once up, it was hard to get down and made a loud noise while pitching me forward. My friend has called 'customer service' numerous times, and spent several hours on hold, but no one picks up. She went to the Schaumburg, IL store where we purchased the chair, and didn't seem to get anywhere either. The model in the showroom worked beautifully, but the chair we received appears to be junk. Almost feels like 'bait and switch'. The fabric was discontinued so they gave us a deal. Now they are giving us a problem because they said it was a clearance. La-Z-Boy used to be known for fine furniture. I could have ordered from a different company and had a better experience.

Original review: April 12, 2021

After 6 phone calls and 50 minutes on hold with "Customer Service" I'm still unable to purchase a replacement controller for a lift chair. How are we going to beat China if Americans at La-z-Boy are afraid to help other Americans who buy their products?

Original review: April 10, 2021

Our outdoor set is RUSTING away!! When I had called about the warranty they said too bad because it was about a month past it... 1 year. It rusted away in ONE year after being covered all winter! We would cover it in the summer too during any big rains. They do NOT back their product. They have lost their good name. I'm disgusted. Save yourself the headache and do NOT BUY LAZBOY!??? I'd post pictures if I could.

Original review: April 4, 2021

We bought our living room furniture from the LaZBoy store in Coquitlam. Our salesperson Soheil spent so much time with us and gave us so much help and advice to make sure we got the perfect living room set. If you shop at the LazyBoy store in Coquitlam then I would highly recommend Soheil as your salesperson!

Original review: April 2, 2021

They don't tell you delivery is ONLY on Thursday when you are searching, not when you are buying, nor when you are paying. And delivery is $100. More if you live further away. Vital information, I think.

Original review: March 31, 2021

My chair arrived and the massage and heat did not work. It took two weeks for service to come, they check the plugs and said they'd order two parts. One arrived 8-10 later. Tried to reach service, could not get through 20-30 minutes. Called the store, they said they'd call service (nothing came of that). I want just buy the parts and repair myself. La-z Boy warranty service is poor. I ordered this chair 12/26/20, it didn't arrive until 3/6, a month late and it's still not working.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I was excited today. My special order recliner was placed and credit restored after placing and cancelling it 3 days later to have Sue reorder it. Thank You Sue from the EL Paso store for your Professionalism, outstanding customer service and top notch attention to detail.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information