2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

It took me three month to determine it was my new recliner causing extreme pain in my legs. I thought pains was caused working in yard but realize now it is my recliner. Customer Service told me my recliner was three months old and is classified as used and nothing they can do about the recliner. I paid more than $1000 for a recliner l cannot use. I do not recommend La-z-Boy. I thought they stood behind their expensive recliners.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

My 89 year old mother really wanted a new recliner for Christmas, so on 9/6, we took her to your Pineville NC store. Because of Covid, we wanted her in and out quickly. As soon as she selected the chair, we got her out and finished the transaction with a newer associate.

1) We were told we could get free delivery, however the associate not only charged us, but charged us for it TWICE. Never resolved.

2) we were also told chair would be here (by) 12/15. Well, we have not heard one word since you charged my credit card. Soooo....I took it upon myself to call. Called 12/11, 12/12 and today 12/14. After all, 12/15 is almost here. Also went online to try to track. NOTHING. Called again this afternoon, only to find that, “that order” won’t even get to the. Until 1/16.

I find it hard to believe that no one knew that before today. I called your national customer care number, only to be on hold for 40 minutes before giving up on that. Now, I have no gift (that I was told would be here), no resolution, and am out $199.96 for shipping that I was told would be FREE. The only response was, "Oh well, nothing I can do." I think this honestly believe if it happened to you, it wouldn’t be acceptable and you would consider my description of a horrible customer experience, as accurate. I would greatly appreciate a call or email from someone who CAN help me.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

La-Z-Boy Currently on hold and waiting for comfort care 33 minutes. I have called several times with no success of getting through. Bought a Recliner for my 90 year old Uncle. It seemed fine at first but he had a hard time opening it and when it closes is like you going to fly out of the chair. We wanted to exchange it but George said that we could not after three days. I should have been aware because when I bought the chair three people came in with complaints about their purchases. It is very stressful because we got rid the 20 year old chair which was much more comfortable. Now he is stressed out every day because of this chair. And really not for nothing for 1000.00 the damn thing should not be so difficult to open and uncomfortable. I am videotaping the call if I ever get through???? 37 minutes....

After all the bad reviews I have read I am so mad at myself. ** complaints. It seems their product standards and material and customer service from my experience so far is not good. On hold now for 40 minutes trying to get an appointment. Still On hold 52 minutes. Answered after 1 hour. I have an appointment. Let's see what happens. The customer service at the store level was good. However the customer service on the phone is not good due to the long waiting time. And the product quality so far seems far less than what you would expect from this national brand. Comfort care arrived, said nothing is wrong with the chair. It is made bad. Anyone agree. If I paid 200 for it, it would be a different story. I want my money back.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ordered two chairs in May 2020; received June 2020... both chairs defective on delivery; service crew came and had idea as to how to fix. Replacements ordered (July 2020); 6 weeks later we were told fabric was not in stock for replacements... Ordered two NEW chairs as replacements to the replacements (September 2020); repeated calls, opened BBB complaint, totally ignored by servicing and management in just trying to obtain updates on production... Finally told 16 weeks from our order (which would place the completion in January 2021); just received notice that now they are pushing to mid-late Feb. 2021. Run away and do not darken these doors... We are going to be over 10 months invested in trying to get a quality chairs (AND WE PAID IN FULL ON THE ORDER!!!!) Bad, sorry company that is hiding behind Covid.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

While the person who helped me on the phone with my repair service was very nice, it should not have taken me an hour just to schedule an appointment. I was quoted a cost of $124/hour for your repair tech just to come to my home. How much is my time worth, though? If your call lines are that busy, maybe hire more people (there are people anxious for work right now) or at least install a "leave your info and we'll get back to you A.S.A.P" message system. Don't leave me hanging with your abysmal excuse for hold music for 45 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

On 10/25/20 I purchased a couch, love seat, two pillows, table and 4 chairs from La-Z-Boy in North Charleston, SC. I was told by the sales representative that the items were in the warehouse and would be delivered before Thanksgiving, and if I did not like anything, they could be returned within 7 days for a full refund. I called near Thanksgiving to schedule delivery and was told by the sales representative that the items would be delivered to the warehouse on November 30 (contradicting earlier statement that the items were already in the warehouse).

Since I again had not heard from La-Z-Boy, I called on 12/7, and was told the items would be in the warehouse in early January. (The sales manager never initiated a call updating the delivery dates.) After being delayed, and lied to multiple times, I decided to look around for replacement items. When I asked for a refund, the sales representative told me I could not get the refund until 16 weeks after we bought the items, but that I would get the refund. I asked for this in writing and was sent to the manager.

The manager told me I could only get the refund if the items were not delivered to the warehouse by the 16 week timeframe. At this time I asked to talk with the corporate office. I was referred to Michael in Customer Service, who was bullying, condescending, and sexist, stating that I was not “popular” enough (his word!). When I called the sales manager to discuss this, he refused to take my call and has not called back. So, no furniture, no refund, no respect and extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I placed the order for a sectional in August 2020. The sales rep promised me the furniture would be delivered by Thanksgiving. The week before Thanksgiving, I had not heard anything from the store, company or sales rep. I called and they told me the corner piece is back ordered. It would be in early December. I just call again and now told it will be scheduled for delivery December 24th!!

When I have called the store in the past, to try and get information, the sales people were not helpful. They provided me wrong measurement of the section not once, not twice but 3 times. I had to go to the Company website to get the correct measurements. Considering the price of their furniture, you would expect knowledgeable employees and get customer service. I wonder when I would get my furniture if I did not call. Probably not until after the 1st of the year. I will never purchase anything from La-Z Boy again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Excellent store with a wide selection of recliners, sofas, any type of seating furniture you may be looking for. The latest designs and technology available which I did not know about and competitive with other designs. Staff very helpful and truly knowledgeable.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Bought Vail model rocker-recliner on swivel base. When returning to upright position, chair makes a loud CLUNK, that did not occur in showroom model. I returned to showroom to verify this. Entered a request for product service, and the rep responded with a service call. He stated "That's just the 'La-Z-Boy clunk'. It is inherent in the model, and nothing can be done about it." My original product review was not posted, nor could I update the review.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

The sales associates are very pleasant, accommodating, patient and helpful. My husband and I purchased a recliner sofa last year and two personal recliners this year and are extremely happy with our purchase. I would highly recommend them!???

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information