2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2020

Before you buy any more La-Z-Boy recliners turn upside down and check out the rod that often breaks and the cheap aluminum piece on the rod that also breaks. I've bought 3 chairs and all break at same place. Foot won't move in or out if broke. I won't buy anymore La-Z-Boys. Expensive chairs that break before you get your money's worth! Used to get better quality. Lousy nowadays.

Original review: May 5, 2020

We have owned our sofa-recliner for about 1.5 years and in that short time have had THREE repair/service calls for mechanical failures. Each service call comes with a basket of headaches between corporate dispatch and the repair firm, as the two entities will not share our current address. Result is that a scheduled repair is repeatedly postponed b/c the contractor will not take the correct address for the service. After waiting three weeks for our service call, we learn that the repair company has the WRONG ADDRESS for the THIRD TIME, after they called to confirm the right address 48 hours ago, and will not honor our confirmed service date and wishes to reset to six weeks out. Come and get your wretched defective and broken furniture out of my house and give back my hard earned money so I can patronize a manufacturer of quality merchandise. I am disgusted, frustrated, and will not do business with you again.

Original review: May 4, 2020

LOVE my La-Z-Boy... as in I live in it. BUT... I actually thought there WAS a warranty. Now that my chair practically catapults me out of it with a jerk when I lower it - I find out it will cost me $130.00 labor to fix it. I was just told that only the part is covered. It most likely needs an adjustment. I would be happy to try and figure that out if there were instructions - but $130.00 for adjusting the way it lowers is far too much.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I’m extremely disappointed in the quality of our new couch and recliner. After 1 year (and expired warranty) the material is in horrible condition. The pilling is way beyond normal. We purchased La-z-boy furniture expecting to pay a little more but getting better quality. That was not the case.

Original review: April 30, 2020

A. That is almost 12 weeks ago. To date no one has offered any update or status of when or whether this order is ever going to be delivered. On 2/27 we moved to the condo where this was supposed to be delivered, **, Fremont, CA 94539. I know there was a shut down. Still, you have a factory that was operating for 4 weeks or more before the shut down. And your website does not even list my order. If you have no status on it, I'd like a refund if you are not going to deliver it as promised. Don't tell me it is not refundable. I remind you it has been 12 weeks without any word from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: April 24, 2020

We had purchased a "Leather" sofa and love seat a few years ago; the store that we bought it at was very nice and very professional and we would definitely deal with them again. The furniture quality, well that is a different story. After about a year and a half we started to see some of the top layer of the material (looked like a thin rubber coating) started to separate from the rest of the material. We inquired with La-Z-boy and found the material was only covered with a one year warranty.

So now here we are about 4 years after purchase and the furniture looks horrible. The rubbery material is starting to separate more and we are left with a horrible looking fabric. I thought this was strange since we only have one grown child at home (the other 2 are married) and our pets are not allowed on the furniture (the point is we are not hard on the furniture). After a little bit of research I found that there are thousands of people with the same complaint. Please, I beg you, to not overlook these reviews. This fabric is terrible, and I am thinking I should probably start a class action lawsuit over this; it is such a rip off. Nobody, should be faced with spending thousands of dollars to reupholster two piece of furniture a few years after they spent thousand to purchase it. I really don't know how La-Z-boy expects to stay in business with this kind of quality.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I spent over 4000 on a leather sofa and two recliners and all of them started pilling. I contacted the store in Little Rock Ar and they fix it but then it happen again six months later and they were not going to fix it again so I was stuck with furniture that I have to cover with slipcovers and it's still pilling off to this day and I would never buy La-Z-Boy ever again and I tell everyone I know that looking for new furniture.

Original review: April 15, 2020

We ordered 9 pieces of furniture as well as some pillows. 6 of them were damaged. 4 pieces came with slits, dings or scrapes. 2 have had sagging or things poke out of them over the few months we have had them. The store sent someone to repair two items, but the repair person was only prepared to repair 1 of the 2. The others were sent out to be reordered. One came back OK, and the other came back defective... AGAIN. We are going on five months since ordering. There seems to be a communication issue between the store, and corporate customer service. Very disappointed, and I do not have confidence in this brand at all anymore.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I was fooled by the marketing of La-Z-Boy furniture was of high quality. It is not. I purchased two couches and all they do is squeak. They have been in the shop multiple times. Still keeps making noises. Junk.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Most expensive chair we ever purchased and shortest lasting life. Within a year the fabric was wearing through. Went to the LA-Z-BOY store when most fabric in sitting area worn just before second year and told fabric only covered for first year. Stuffing in head and shoulder area shifted to one side, making chair very uncomfortable to sit in. Now the cover fabric is worn right through and metal parts are breaking. This is a chair that only was sat in by 150 pound little old lady. I thought LA-Z-BOY was supposed to be quality but this is the worst quality furniture purchase I have ever made. Please be very careful in making purchases from this company. My husband has a recliner more than 10 years older than this one and it is in much better condition. Quality is no longer a part of this company. Getting ready to purchase a new chair and there is no way it will ever be a LA-Z-BOY. I can't even give this one away!

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information