2. Homeowners
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.6/5 (1453 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

I bought 2 leather La Z Boy at the store on Hunt Club in Ottawa in 2013 and now one is all cracked and also peeling. I always took care of my la z boy and now this. I sent them an email with pictures to the customer service and after I paid over $2000 for la z boys they never even bothered to answer my email. They pride themselves with their warranty and it's not worth ** in my book. Never again will I buy at that place be warn you will pay hard earn money and won't ** care about you again. Customer service and warranty garbage. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else or online for that matter and store like this will go belly up thanks to COVID. With customer service such as yours, you deserve to go belly up.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I ordered Jan 1 of 2021. Understand with the pandemic items would be delayed and was quoted 4-6 months for delivery. Six months came and went with no contact from you. I had to call you to get updates, especially after the sales associate stated she would call if there was a delay. Finally got some of my order after 9 months, but still waiting on a love seat after 10 and a half months. I just called you again, looks like we will be waiting 11+ months. SMH

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Worse purchase of my life! It has been barely past one year and the recliner sofas are falling apart (2 of them). We purchased a 3 years extended warranty and since my local store closed nobody wants to help us. We have been transferred I don't even know how many times. For one of the transfers we got sent to Ashley Furniture Store's customer care center! I wish we would have gone to Ashley Furniture store instead of going to a La-Z-Boy store. Poor quality, awful customer service and zero responsibility on honoring a warranty that we paid for with the store credit card. I am unable to locate the original receipt but we have the transaction information via the credit card company and still none will help us. Extremely disappointed! Would not recommend buying anything from this store. I don't write bad reviews but this is just unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We ordered a $2000 recliner back in March and were told it would be in by Oct! We are now told not until Dec. Oh they offered a free delivery but doesn't help me! I have a severe back and neck injury and need a chair. The La-z-boy we have is 15 YO and doesn't support anymore. 9 months is unreasonably long for a chair! We can get a car faster!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I’ve been waiting since July for a recliner. First I was told Sept then Jan then possibly sept. Last told I was informed my chair was in the warehouse ready to be shipped. Tried Multiple times to reach a sales rep only to be routed to Ohio. No one ever calls bac. If it wasn’t such a good product I would go elsewhere. This is the Setauket store. Very Disappointed in both the manager and service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The recliner I want to purchase costs around $600.00, but the fabric that I want adds an additional $800.00! What the?? Is this fabric made of gold strands woven by fairy nymphs? This alone will deter me from making a purchase, and I’m disappointed about it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We are retirees and have been La-Z-Boy customers for years. Almost 6 months ago we visited the Clearwater store and ordered a sofa. We gave them a $1,943 deposit and were told at the time that it would probably be a 6 month wait. We haven’t spoken to anyone since the original order, so I called the other day just to touch base and see if there were any updates since we’re almost at the 6 month mark; not to press for a quicker delivery time, not to get a definitive delivery date, but just to see IF there was an update. Every time I’ve called for the past couple of weeks I’m told that no one is available and that “someone will call me back in about 10 minutes.” We still haven’t been able to speak to anyone. I thought maybe if they really are that busy it might be quicker & easier for our salesman Tom to respond if I e-mailed him instead. No response.

Now we’re really getting apprehensive because they are completely ghosting us, they have almost $2,000 of our money and we have no idea if or when we might be getting our order. We understand that things get really busy sometimes, but to cut off all contact with the customer AFTER you get their money is really deplorable customer service. Their furniture quality used to be outstanding, but in recent years both their quality and customer service have been on a steady decline (read the online reviews). I wish we had taken our order somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Worst customer service and am left with no option but to post here and BBB in hopes of getting a refund and them to just come get the couches. I bought $5567.64 worth on two new sofas that arrived broken. I waited a month and half for someone to come out because I understood with COVID and demand that was the soonest they could get someone out and that was okay, that person then broke the couches even more, didn't even fix them I understood accidents happen and figure La-Z-Boy would fix the problem.

I finally get a hold of customer service in July and they offer warranty of store credit to repurchase. UMMM I never received the item I paid for a working new couch, I received a broken new couch that was then broken even more by their own employee. Then they say I can go a rebuy. At the time they were $900 cheaper (now 5 months later of dealing with this and they are 1200 cheaper) and I was just supposed to be okay with $900+ store credit to use in the store I bought from and nowhere else.

Well we are military and that doesn't work very well when we move a lot and second I don't want $900 store credit. I have no desire to purchase any other furniture. I have all the pieces I want and can fit in my house. They won't refund my money and come just come get them because that it where I am at with this. They say warranty but it can't be a warranty issue if I never received the items I paid for. I paid for a working new couch and have not received that, they won't just reorder the same couches for me. I call and get told we will reach out to the store and call you back and NO ONE EVER CALLS OR EMAILS ME BACK.

I am stuck always calling on a Saturday because I work for a local school district and don't get off till their customer service line closes at 3pm west coast time. At this point the couches are still in the same condition I received them. I want a refund and them to send people to come get them. They can have them back. I'm not even being a "Karen" and being like well I want to keep them and get a refund or I want to replace them and refund me a partial or whatever. No at this point I want the refund of the amount stated above and you to come get them so I can be done with this.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Case **. Purchased Jan 26 with a schedule delivery 6-8 weeks. No one followed up to inform me how late the delivery would be. WANT A FULL REFUND. Shoddy workmanship. Cancelled appointments to resolve.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My brand new Brentwood chair broke in two pieces after sitting in it less than 10 times, in less than a month after it was delivered 2 months late. La-Z-Boy refused to take their defective chair back and instead is making me wait more than a month with a broken chair in my living room before they come out to...fix it?? La-Z-Boy believes it is acceptable to force a customer to keep a defective, "fixed" chair. Sadly, this was my first experience with La-Z-Boy and it's been very low quality.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Took a year to get LaZBoy to stand behind warranty on a sectional that had to be replaced due to inferior fabric. Then another 8 months to receive the new furniture. I received a wrong piece which has a problem and a sectional recliner that has a problem. Lazyboy says 8 months for the correct piece and don't have any answer on recliner section yet. LAzyboy has no service, they do not take care of existing customers, instead it appears you are flooding the market with inferior products of which you give customers the runaround hoping we will let it drop and go elsewhere. Sorry that's how I feel. My biggest mistake was buying lazyboy again. I should have learned the first time.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Initially I offered a great review to La-Z-Boy based on their sales team. However, both of my BRAND NEW RECLINERS needed major repairs. The first was in the shop for two months when the cheap fabric started unraveling. While it was being fixed, I splurged in March 2021 and bought a higher end leather, powered recliner. Within the first month, I knew it needed repair, but LZB makes the customer take it to their repair center, and as a 100% disabled veteran with major back problems, I had to wait.

Finally got it in the first of July, and after a promise of getting it back in a month, they ghosted me until the end of August. I finally caught up with their company advocate (CSR), and asked for a replacement. She said since I'd had my chair since March 2021, I couldn't get a replacement. She said she didn't know when they would be able to repair my brand new recliner. All of their "leather" was going to new production, and they didn't have a few scraps to fix my chair that they damaged. So here it is 3 months later, and they all act like they don't know me. Escalated all the way to corporate, and they won't respond.

Facebook groups about La-Z-Boy's horrible treatment has literally tens of thousands of unsatisfied customers and their horror stories about this greedy company. I complained to the state attorney who called me right back, and finally had to see an attorney to get this sorted out. Bad company, cheap furniture, questionable leather. They won't special order for you anymore, claiming it can take 6 months or longer, so they talk you into a floor model. That's just one mistake, don't take a floor model because they've been abused. Frankly, don't order anything either because their quality is in the gutter. You can get better quality and prices at BigLots.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We ordered our furniture almost 4 months ago. It is now two months late. I realize there is a reason for this however our sales person is never in the store, never returns phone calls and there is never a manager available to speak with. No one else in the store has the ability to look up any information on my order. This is extremely frustrating. As soon as we completed the sale and our credit card was charged they could not care less about their customer. This would definitely be our last purchase at La-Z-Boy

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Buyer Beware. Received a defective chair after waiting for over 6 months for delivery, have had service guy out 3 times to get chair fixed and it has been deemed as unable to be repaired. At this point it has been a year since I ordered my furniture and just want my money back for the defective chair that they said they cannot fix. They only want to offer store credit and then are still 4-6 months out on delivery. Sad part is I have been a La-Z-Boy customer for years - but never again. I do not want store credit - I never want to give this company another dollar. Their customer service is horribly lacking.

When we made our purchase in Sept 2020 we were told we would have it by the first week of December, within a week our sales representative (Breanna) called to say it would be February. Very deceiving sales tactics. We have had nothing but issues with the entire process and now we find out that the Lexington Store is the pushing back on giving us a refund. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I recently purchased a recliner from this La-Z-Boy store. After about 12 months of light use one of the seams had begun to separate. This chair was supposed to be backed by a 10 year extended warranty program which La-Z-Boy is not honoring. I have spent weeks trying to get this repaired under warranty with no luck. La-Z-Boy Canada uses a third-party company to handle their warranty claims and they look for loopholes, so they do not have to back their warranty promise. Buyers be aware this is not the same company it used to be. Save your hard earned money and shop elsewhere with a company that values integrity and ethics.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The quality of the furniture is horrible. We bought the most expensive “leather“ couch set they had. With full warranty!!! It started cracking within months. We called the store, nada. It’s been years we’ve been contacting them. The manager said he’d handle it as it’s so bad. He came back and said corporate won’t touch it. With warranty on the leather. We have cracking leather couches. And they now say the leather is “faux”! Bought the other most expensive couch they have for our living room, the seat goes in through a mechanical button. It’s automatic, hasn’t been three months and it’s broken, doesn’t go all the way in! We’ve been contacting them since & no one has bothered to come and fix it! The warranty they do not stand behind. Out of close to 45,000 in merchandise we purchased most in broken or cracking and peeling within months!! And they won’t fix or stand by any warranty! Don’t do it! It’s horrendous quality!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

STAY AWAY from these crooks! I'll try to keep my year-long saga brief but purchased a sectional, summer 2020. Paid in full but had to wait nearly six months for "assembly." They have a tiny little store with only a few options to look at and then the "design center" where they get you to spend thousands more on "high-quality fabric" upgrades. (That should have been my first warning sign, product should have at least basic quality to start.) Delivery finally arrives, some guys come out and slap the pieces together like legos. There are immediate STRUCTURAL, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE and DESIGN flaws in the product. We tried to give it a go, but a few weeks later, after the holidays, my wife called the store to address the issues. We immediately started getting the run-around while the salesperson says, "it's a custom piece of furniture" so ** off. So begins days, weeks, months, HOURS of trying to call these people, getting hung up on, told to call someone else, ETC.

The store manager Kenneth ** would not answer or return our calls for weeks, after 100% follow-up being done on our side of things he says there's nothing he can do, "call corporate." Then we got directed to a "district manager" Jonathon. Then we got sent to Julie ** of "escalated concerns" who we were later told no one had ever heard of. My wife was told to call the parts support team, the product support team, and the service center. Mike from service talked down to my wife and told her she didn't understand the product and maybe she should "google it." My wife has an advanced degree and runs a business, she's not an idiot besides the fact that you shouldn't speak condescending and rude to anyone regardless of their education/employment.

I think our favorite was Josh the technician. We had to take time off of work and schedule him to come out THREE TIMES. Josh said he's seen better and he's seen worse (?!) having to revisit all the LA-Z-boy purchases in the area. He told us about the house he was at before ours, where the furious customer picked up the faulty recliner and chucked it across his living room. Now, you might think that customer sounded a little psycho UNTIL YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE money-grubbing, dismissive ** yourself! My wife has been in tears. Negligence and unprofessionalism on their part has continued. She's had to talk to these people while on her job, we've both had to take time off of work, she had to discuss it again while on a recent vacation. We've sent pictures, videos, detailed correspondence and FINALLY someone at corporate escalations offered us..... $250 to keep the product as is.

Btw.. that number is 980-201-3342 so hopefully that will save you 327 hours of chasing, calling and follow-up that we've had to do. Now we have to retain an attorney, call the local news channel or just put it out with the trash and start over with a different company. 10k on a couch with several issues that have not been rectified, rudeness and runaround. Stress, discomfort and months of trying to deal with these people. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I purchased a high leg recliner summer of 2020, after using it for a couple weeks, the seat was sagging, and that was with minimal use. A technician came out and determined that I needed a new seat., he took pictures of the old seat. La-Z-Boy sent the seat, but nothing with it. I got a new tech out and he replaced it. I showed him additional things that were wrong with the chair. He said none of the items should look like that. I am a return customer for La-Z-Boy, and purchased an identical chair several years ago. It was a beautiful, well made chair, at the same time we purchased another La-Z-Boy recliner, which also held up. We purchased the new chair because of a change in decor and color. The new chair has a hole on one wing, uneven seams and trim front and back. There is a break in binding on the front of one arm, legs were not screwed on tightly, sagging fabric all over now.

I contacted the store manager, who was sympathetic, but couldn't do anything. La-Z-Boy Corporate doesn't care and were very rude. They went on the pictures tech took of seat and said that was normal. I filed a dispute with Synchrony Bank and they found in La-Z-Boy 's favor based on what the company stated. Never looked at my pictures, nor did La-Z-Boy Corporate look at my pictures. I purchased two other chairs at the same time I bought from La-Z-Boy, they have held up with daily use, no sagging, none of the sloppy construction I got from my recliner and they were half the price. I will never purchase from them again, they are not the company they used to be. Their policy is the customer can't be right.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

We purchased this recliner 11-18 for $1,469.06. In January of 2019, we had to have the seat replaced because of color discoloration. I have called and sent texts to customer service requesting that this chair needed to be replaced. This chair is used by only my husband. Looked at these pictures. I won’t even give you a single star.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

We purchased two new La-Z-Boy chairs when we bought our new town house. We wanted to update our furniture to a newer modern color and so we gave our 20 year old La-Z-Boy Chairs to our grandkids and bought some beautiful red La-Z-Boy Chairs. They are less than 5 years old and we only are here for 6 months of the year. So this deterioration of the material on these chairs is very unsatisfactory and so is their response to this.

To our dismay....the fabric on them seems to be rotting...This is in areas where we never come close to touching....and also along the sides of the back cushion...again nowhere near to anywhere we would touch. Meanwhile the seats and the arms that get all the wear and tear are absolutely fine. No sign of wear at all. I also might mention we do not have pets or kids….and these chairs are never in direct sunlight.

Now their answer to this problem is it must be the way we are getting up out of our chairs....which is absolutely a joke....Our hands come nowhere near to anywhere, that this material is just deteriorating. And because we are past warranty anything done to fix them is at our cost. So when we have people over and we are embarrassed by these shoddy "old" looking chairs....we are quick to explain the lack of quality and also the lack of backing up this product by the local La-Z-Boy Store.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Recliner Sofa is one year old and is falling apart. Apparently the only thing the warranty covers is the mechanism that makes it recline. My seat cushion has collapsed and the once fluffy but firm backrest is sagging. When I called La-Z-Boy they sent a service provider from out of state to inspect it and I had to pay that fee up front. I had to buy new seat foam because I was told that it’s not under warranty and the technician had to come back to install and I had to pay an additional fee for that to happen. I’ve owned La-Z-Boy furniture before that served us well but I think they are riding the reputation they built in the past. Poor quality is what I see now. Needless to say but I won’t buy from them again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I purchased the sectional in a La-Z-Boy retail store. 13 months later the fabric had pilled, sections wouldn't stay clipped together, and the frame snapped. I am just one average size person and the couch doesn't get used in any manner outside of lounging to watch television. The very expensive insurance that I prepaid for would not cover what they consider normal wear and tear. Of course it was then considered out of warranty so I would need to pay $150 per hour for a technician to come take a look at the sofa. That is just for the initial inspection, then they would need to order parts that I'd have to pay for including a $13.99 shipping fee.

On top of that I'd have to pay $150 per hour for the technician to come back and do the actual repairs. The initial call into the support center to begin this process was in May and I am still waiting in the middle of April for an appointment to be scheduled for the second technician to come out and do the repairs. I understand that times are different during the pandemic but I'm 4 months without 1/2 of a couch and the customer service has been terrible. I shouldn't have to foot the bill to fix a defective piece of furniture that I paid a large sum of money for. I no longer consider La-Z-Boy to be of good quality and I would never recommend the brand to a friend or family. It was a waste of my money to purchase this sofa and now they're wasting my time as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I bought a recliner from the Bollingbrook store on 7/5/21 which was delivered on 7/22/21. On 8/1/21 I sat in the chair and it started to recline when it just stopped. There is NO power to the chair and it is now unusable. I'm 78 yrs old and can't crawl in and out of chair which is now in a reclined position. Called customer service and the earliest date for service is Oct. 7. I had this chair for 1 1/2 weeks and now have to wait 2 months for a service tech? This is totally unacceptable. Customer service said that's the best they could do but would put me on a wait list. Don't buy from La-Z-Boy. This is NO way to treat a customer!

Original review: July 30, 2021

We ordered a modular sectional last year and got it in June or so. And it's THE WORST!!!! Unfortunately, we didn't get to sit on it much since it's in the basement and we didn't hang out much in the basement, but the spaces between each modular section is TERRIBLE and very uncomfortable to sit on. You should take it off the market and I'd like some RECOURSE for spending thousands of dollars on a crap sofa...

Original review: July 29, 2021

We placed an order in January for a loveseat/sofa combination. We were told it would be a long wait and we were willing to do that. Now at delivery we found out there was a mix up and we got the version without center console. Worse: the entire style got discontinued in May of this year without notification so we can't even order what we want, or get additional pieces. I could have gone to any other furniture store and got something at half or 1/3 the price we paid for this, but it trusted La-Z-Boy as I have another sofa set that I am very happy with (10.000$+). This one is a big letdown. We are told this is a custom order and cannot be cancelled. I fail to understand what is custom about it as the product is on the website with a standard order number.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Our power reclining rocking loveseat leans me to the left, exacerbating my lumbar scoliosis. Two attempted repairs have not fixed it. Today the technician replaced the seat-back. How is that supposed to keep the chair seat from leaning me to the left when I sit? Also, we learned today that we did NOT get the 7-Day Power Pack we were promised at the store, but a one-use alkaline 9-volt battery.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Bought over 4000.00 of furniture 1 1/2 years ago, one recliner - material is pilling, couch clicks when you set down and sinks. Bought the 5 year protection plan. When I go to call about it, I'm informed I had only a year for fabric that is piling to be covered. Isn't that faulty material? They should want to make it right. The couch they will come out for a charge, but once again I only had a year for coverage. Didn't think a Name of LaZBoy would not have quality material, or stand by their products. I won't be buying from them ever or have a good opinion to give.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I really like to call attention to the great customer service provided by Bruce D, sales manager. We had an issue with our chair, which Bruce went out of his way to correct. He kept in communication with us, and worked with Manufacturer to solve our issue. Great Job!

Original review: July 27, 2021

We had an issue with the handle of our new recliner. Brian, the technician for Lazy Boy came out today and helped us tremendously. This man is a great asset to your business. It took him a long time to get to us as he told us his territory is huge and he is swamped but he did not rush us or act like our problem was not worth his time. Very polite and very professional. Thank you, Brian.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Ordered furniture in December, told it should be here by April, called in April, told it should be here by July, called in July now September. AVOID La-Z-Boy at all cost, cancel and they want to charge you a 30% restocking fee for something they have Not even built. Totally **.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information