La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

1.3/5 (77 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Do not buy from La-Z-Boy. I ordered couches Jan 23, deciding to spend the money for quality and time to order exactly what we wanted. The contract said 25-42 weeks, but the target date slipped twice with ABSOLUTLEY 0 communication unless we went to the store to ask (even when promised a call back). We were always encouraged to wait until they called us to schedule deliver. Now I know why they didn't want us to be asking.

They now say that 42 weeks in their sales agreement is just an estimate and the sales contract says nothing about when they will commit to delivering our couches. We will have to pay $1500 to restock a couch that hasn't been delivered yet and may not ever be delivered if we cancel the order. The office manager admitted to me that there was absolutely NO commitment on their part to EVER deliver furniture to us.

Even when I go in to the store and get a promise to contact me back, I have to initiate the contact 2 days after I was promised a follow-up phone call. She admitted that the corporate office doesn't answer their inquiries either. I am told that I can't speak to anyone other than the person in the store, who has no power to do anything (by her own admission) other than tell me that there is no guaranteed date to deliver my furniture and that they will be glad to hold on to my money for me. There is ABSOLUTELY NO commitment to its customers FROM La-Z-Boy as it is all on the customer. That is evident from what I am being told about the sales agreement and how they respond to customers. I will never buy la-z-boy again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I purchased a La Z Boy reclining sofa in September 2021, confident in the La Z Boy excellence. Boy, was I wrong! What happened?? Warranty is not helpful (see below) which is a big deal because the product is not quality! Sofa was delivered in March 2022. Within days, in April 2022 I called Comfort Care with the following issues: Cushioning is inadequate and inconsistent from one seat to the next; footrest makes a loud “clacking” noise when going into seated position (sounds like 2 pieces of wood smacking together), when reclining the seat slips and jerks, and when shifting my position the sofa makes creaking and groaning noise, probably the springs, maybe the frame??

The rear of the sofa arms are not cushioned!! It is material over wood frame. Comfort Care said the sofa is designed this way. Great if you want a wood frame poking into your back and ribs!! The Comfort Care repairman has been here 3 times. He said the cushioning is according to specifications the 1st visit, cushioning is done by weight on the 2nd visit, but then returned to add cushioning to some areas. He also said the sofa has moving parts and will make noise! I never had a sofa that made noise!

The footrest still makes the loud “clacking” noise, the reclining mechanisms were replaced by the repairman, but the replacement mechanisms have now started to fail again within 30 days, and every time I shift position or move my legs when seated, the sofa still makes creaking and groaning noises! It is almost impossible to reach Comfort Care – being on hold between 35 minutes and 2 HOURS !! Gave up and sent emails – received NO response. This post is just summarizing all the problems I have had with this sofa. I have told everyone I know DO NOT BUY LA Z BOY!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

In 2018 paid a lot of money for dual reclining loveseat with console. Was told the company has a LIFETIME WARRANTY. I additionally purchased an extended warranty - which I have recently discovered ONLY covers the fabric - not structural. After making calls to several different phone numbers, only to be always redirected to customer care clerk, was told they would only cover the parts. WHAT! The customer care manager Brian told me the warranty is on my receipt - I looked at the yellow copy given to me and see nothing on that receipt about warranties.

Have spent a month trying to contact someone at the corporate level to question how you can represent LIFETIME WARRANTY and the customer has to pay for BOTH the service call and the labor. Mine is a structural issue and deflated padding and I am sure the parts are way less than what I will have to pay for so-called uncovered costs.

I have purchased several items from Hudsons Furniture, along with their extended warranty, and when 2 of my power recliners broke at 2 different times, THEY COVERED EVERYTHING & easily replaced the item or gave me full credit for another item. THAT IS A COMPANY STANDING BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THE PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am still trying to pursue this at the corporate level as I am sure we can reach an agreement before I have to VENT my dissatisfaction on social media.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

My power recliner, which cost over 1700 plus a service contract for over 300, was delivered in May 2022 and stopped working three weeks later. After much frustration and effort, I got a repair appointment for three weeks later. Repairman came and fixed the problem. Now, less than 3 months later, the same thing happened. More frustration in contacting customer service and another three weeks wait for service. This time we were told a new part was needed. Today I have tried for over 1 1/2 hours to find out what I we can expect in terms of repair. I was told they will not send out the parts he requested because it was "excessive". Instead they will replace my chair (after another 6-9 months), just as if it were a new order. This is simply unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Sorry this is so long but I am taking all of this time to write and post my experience to spare anyone who reads this the financial loss and the stress and aggravation that we have suffered because of La-Z-Boy. I urge you to read the dozens of reviews from consumers who have had horrible experiences with La-Z-Boy. This is not the La-Z-Boy that earned a great reputation from days gone by. There has been new executive leadership since April 2021 and there are now serious systemic problems within the company. There is no communication or respect for the customer.

In my case, we have been waiting 14 months for furniture and have no guarantee of when we can expect delivery. Month after month passes and delivery continues to be pushed to a later date. I write this as a WARNING. Do not buy any furniture from La-Z-Boy unless it is actually on the floor in the store where you are shopping. Any other orders are considered “special orders” and you will have NO assurance that your furniture will be delivered in a timely manner.

On July 4, 2021, (that’s 2021!) I paid for a power reclining sofa, power recliner and 2nd recliner. When I ordered, I was aware of “pandemic-related” problems affecting La-Z-Boy and I agreed to go ahead and purchase when I was told my furniture would be delivered 4-5 months later in November-December 2021, but I did not agree to wait for delivery for OVER a YEAR+.

I tried working with the La-Z-Boy store where I purchased and they had no idea of when I would receive my order but would not let me cancel my order. After a year the store manager finally acquiesced and told me that he would make a “huge” exception to “allow” me to cancel the order but they will charge me a 50% restocking fee for the items they have not even made! How insane is that?

I called and wrote the corporate office asking for help and only received insulting canned responses telling me was La-Z-Boy is suffering from importing issues or product shortages. I asked them to offer comparable available substitutes from what they can produce and have never heard back. I wrote 5 members of the executive team and none bothered to respond. How is that for customer service?

Please note La-Z-Boy stores are independently owned and operated and there is absolutely no communication between La-Z-Boy Manufacturing, Corporate offices and the La-Z-Boy retail stores. That means no one will assume responsibility or communication to help you. I have ordered furniture to completely furnish a 2 bedroom vacation-rental condo from Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, West Elm, Amazon and others and have not had the long waits and issues that I am having with La-Z-Boy. Save yourself, go with one of the above retailers because they have no problem with importing issues or shortages or working with their customers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

The chair came in and once the delivery people left and we examined the chair better, here is the list of problems:

1) Arms, back and seat are wrinkled badly.
2) Pack panel to cover mechanism is poorly finished.
3) The buttons on the side are not tight against the chair.
4) Several strings which if we cut off the fabric could separate.

5) Padding is not correct and nothing like the one in the store.

I had a technician out to my home and he wrote this up in a report. I called the service department when I did not hear back from them and when I was finally able to speak to a someone they wanted to rebuild the chair on site. When I said I would stop payment on the balance, he hung up on me. This is a company that promises a quality product responds???

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

My wife and I are 46 years old and 45 years old respectively. We've been successful thus far, and reasonably frugal with our funds over the years. We are raising two boys, and putting our oldest through college with no financial aid/support. Other than an EZ chair early in our marriage, until January 2022, we never owned a brand new couch, always using hand-me-downs, second hand, or scratch and dent purchases. Finally in January we found ourselves in a situation where we were comfortable making our first full living room furniture purchase.

We purchased two EZ chairs, a really nice couch, a big chair, and an ottoman. The ottoman was not a stock item, so we decided to go ahead and order it with a quoted delivery time of 3-6 months, with a comment that 4-5 was the usual delivery time. We have all the rest of the furniture, so it's not a big deal, right? Well, try and get some service after the deal, and let me know how that goes for you. My wife reached out in June (~5 months), and they said the piece was done, and it would be delivered around July 8th to the local store. We never got a call. THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU. After we reached out, we were told it would be another week. After another week, they said they couldn't inquire about it being shipped for 30 days.

Again, we have to call to get every update - they NEVER call you unless you demand a return call. Fast forward to 8/1 - I had finally had enough, and reached out to La-Z-Boy on Facebook. They respond that evening with an apology, and a commitment to forward my inquiry on to another team. The other team reached out to me via email on 8/3 asking me for some order information with a lengthy disclaimer that all of their stores and such are independently owned, and they would do their best to broker a solution. I gave them the info they asked for on 8/4, and on 8/8, they said they would reach out to the store, and would contact me once they heard back. I asked for an update on 8/9 - no response. Asked for an update on 8/12 - no response.

I asked for an update on social media on 8/11 - no response. I asked for an update on social media on 8/12 - no response. I asked for an update on social media on 8/15 - finally a response that they have forwarded my follow-up info to the right team again. My wife also called the local store today, and they told her that our ottoman had shipped from the warehouse on 7/30, but could not tell us when our piece would arrive (that's two weeks ago). They claim they have no way to track it, trace it, or perform any other sort of inquiry. I will never buy another item from La-Z-Boy as long as I live, and I will share this experience with everyone I can. This is a pitiful excuse for a company. They only know how to apologize. They do not know how to fill orders.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

We purchased a sectional from Polaris store in Columbus Feb 26th. Sales associate promised delivery end of May, or 1st of June. Got delivery end of July of 2/3rds of sectional. Associate had ordered two left ends instead of left and right ends. Told us correct part would be delivered following Friday. That day came and no delivery. No call, No notice whatsoever. We called store and were told part would be delivered today. Got call today saying part could not be delivered. We paid over $5,000 for this couch and could not possibly be more dissatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Bought my $2,600 Recliner/Rocker in spring of 2020. Delivered June/July of 2020. Since then it has been broken as much as it has worked. The recliner mechanism is completely inadequate to handle the forces exerted on it. They used a plastic piece that has broken the most but now the recline shaft is bent into an s shape and all of the metal pins are bent so they can barely be forced out. We verified that my weight was under their maximum and it is. That means their design is not up to the task. It is a large chair design but they used the mechanism from a lighter weight chair.

Original warranty has expired so I'm trying to get the extended warranty company (Servco) to come fix it. This time the ordeal has been going on for 2 months and they can only get to my location the end of this month. So this instance of the break down is going to be 3 months -- if they get it fixed when they come this trip. Last trip (end of July) they sent the wrong parts after we sent them all of the data on the chair. So their staff are completely incompetent. Asked for a full refund of the chair and I would have parted company with La-Z-Boy without filing complaints on EVERY complaint board I can find. They refused so here I am trying to get resolution. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY OR AT LEAST READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS YOU CAN FIND -- JUST WISH I HAD.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

My brand new Brooks power reclining sofa is worn out after 1 week. I'm 165 lbs and the seat cushion is compressed to the maximum and I'm sitting on a memory foam seat cushion and using a lumbar cushion. Delivered on 7/29/2022. I left a message for the store manager that has not been returned after 1 week. La-Z-Boy's "comfort care" left me on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes when I finally gave up and emailed their service department. Based on the lack of response, this will end up in small claims court. Additionally, the salesperson misinformed me about the independent operation of the legs and back. If the sofa maintained its form and comfort, I would have not been too unhappy. A terrible experience and waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Very dissatisfied with the quality of your new furniture. I was involved in an automobile accident in 2020 and needed a temporary place to rest as I couldn't lay down with my fractured spine. Having a 15 year old chair from you guys in excellent condition I figured it would be best to get a bigger better model. The whole back on the new chair broke and literally fell off the first week. The repair man said it was likely broke in shipping to our local store. Now a little over a year from the first repair the footrest mechanism has completely snapped and I can't even put the feet up. I am on my second hour of being on hold to get a new service appointment, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to answer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Purchased two identical chairs in 2019. First one broke something in the back, had to have fixed, cost me $130 even though it's under warranty. Now both of the chairs have broken underneath in the frame. Normal use, no kids jumping or anything like that, we are older couple. Trying to get ahold of someone is impossible, on hold for 35 mins and counting. Terrible customer service. Will not purchase again.

Original review: July 31, 2022

10-18 weeks for a couch is ridiculous. Stock items or have a better turnaround time. There are plenty of quality stores that have stock and a few weeks turn around. The Greyson couch and love seat in Brown leather is a very nice item, but not a 5 month wait nice item. I've had house built from the ground up in less time than it takes to build a couch.

Original review: July 30, 2022

We purchased 2 chairs in July of 2018. In less than 1 year we had to have them come out and service both chairs that we purchased. Then June 15, 2021 we began having issues with our electric recliner. We called in because we purchased the protection plan. They have been put 3 different times to try to fix the problem and as of July 30, 2022 it is still not fixed. We have been unable to use the electric features of our chair for over a year. Needless to say we are extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the chairs along with the service from the protection plan.

Original review: July 27, 2022

We recently purchased our third Harbor Town Gliding recliner. We love it. However, on the oldest one, we need a new base. Service NEVER answers the phone, and the sales people at the store where we bought the new one says they can't help us, we have to talk to service. AAAAGGGGHHH! I am beyond furious. The chair is old (maybe 10-20 years), but still works except the wooden base is broken (I've duct taped it). I can't send an email, or leave a message with the Service dept. So - I love Lazboy furniture, but the service/repair seems to be nonexistent.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Ordered a La-Z-Boy recliner online in January 2022. Just a standard Maverick model in brown leather. We checked the actual stores and they didn't have just brown leather in that model in stock. Once ordered and paid for, the recliner website said the status was "in progress." No information on website for when to expect the delivery. In February, I emailed and after no response, called. They said the recliner estimated delivery was the week of July 25, 2022. It's now July 22 and still no update to the website. On Monday morning I will call and find out if it's coming any time soon? Horrible communication. They don't answer email. Hard to get a hold of them. They have our money, but we have NO PRODUCT yet! La-Z-Boy is nothing but empty promises. Steer clear of this company!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I wished for once in a lifetime extravagance a recliner. 4.5 months wait for chair. $3400. Sale is final. +$100 delivery on their day of choice not mine. I couldn't be more disappointed with the whole process. Bad! Very bad. 30% restocking fee for a product I've never touched. As a consumer this procedure locks you in a rut with costly limited alternatives. Unfair! Very unfair. I'm not trying to scam anyone. I put trust into L-Z-Boy, the marketing schemes are hyperbolistic. I could have gone elsewhere and saved a ton. Caution! Use caution.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Totally disappointed with this company. I have an old LaZ Boy chair that's wonderful. So went out and bought a sofa, chair and tables from my local store. Well, to my horror...the quality has gone down the toilet. I upgraded the fabric and it's pilling and wearing out (have had the sofa much less than a year). The cushions flatten so the fabric is all wrinkled. Have had armrest cushions replaced, and having them replaced AGAIN, as well as the seat cushions. Of course, MONTHS pass in between these service calls. Nobody answers the phone at LaZ Boy. Your best bet is to email, and pray for a response. I have taken off work 3 days for these repairmen to come out. At this point I just want to return the sofa and chair and start over. Again, I LOVE the tables. Would NOT buy from this company again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Selected furniture and it took 7 months before it was delivered. Area rug the wrong size. Sofa was so tall my feet could not touch the ground (I'm 5'10"). Had to reselect a different sofa, that went well. Recliners were over stuffed and uncomfortable. Foot rest would not stay up. We had to call for service. Store would not assist in any way. Service finally came out about 5 weeks later. They did not have what was needed to fix the issue. Had parts shipped to me and then I had to reschedle a service call. Leg rest still not working correctly. Meantime, replacement sofa came. When you sat down and leaned back, the cushion creaked. Had to call for service again. Took about 3 weeks to get an appointment.

When they came out, they said they needed more time than allotted and I needed to call for another appointment. Two weeks later, they came out. They fixed the major issue, but now one back cushion thuds when you lean bsck or get up. Oh, the area rug...that wad reordered to get the correct size. It was delivered st the same time as the replacement sofa. It was the wrong rug. Had to reorder again. Still waiting. So I have a defective sofa, two bad recliners and no area rug.

It has been 12 months since we started the design process. We are tired of the run around, poor quality and lack of customer service. No one ever calls us to help out. We get no support from the store. We are tired, worn out and just want our money back. We can't even do that without corporate approval. But again, we have to keep calling for updates. Summary- quality is poor, customer service is even worse.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I purchased an Alexandria sofa and had it delivered about a month ago. I immediately reported an issue with the button tufting to the sales associate who sold me the sofa. He directed me to LaZBoy Customer Service. I have called numerous times over the past month, waiting on hold a total of over 5 hours now, without being able to get through to a support agent for warranty assistance. Further attempts to resolve my complaint locally with the sales associate and store manager in Lynnwood have fallen on deaf ears - just keep getting told I need to speak with corporate customer support. It seems corporate customer support does not answer their calls, or puts customers on perpetual hold so they get frustrated and hang up. To say I am very dissatisfied with my experience is an understatement. I would appreciate someone resolving this complaint ASAP.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Please, beware of La-Z-Boy's customer service. We have had nothing but problems with the, furniture set, since the day it arrived. Last appointment for a service tech to take another look, was booked out 2 months, day before they cancelled. "Several" call attempts have been made, to reschedule, no one answers, "literally holding over an hour" until unable to hold anymore. Also, several emails attempts, no success, it's outrageous. I just need them to fix their product, the recliners have never worked correctly, the hardware from the couch, sliced holes in our floor, our floor is ruined. Desperately seeking help to have this resolved.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I purchased my La-z-boy at Collins in Kalispell, MT. I wanted another similar chair to my 25 yr old chair which still maintains its shape and upholstery still not worn looking. Well my new chair is a piece of junk. The upholstery does not fit properly, is wrinkled, looks like it has been sat in for many years. I have had it 2-3 weeks.

Original review: July 7, 2022

We decided to buy a couch from La-Z Boy since they are supposed to have this spectacular selection. We waited 9 months... 9 MONTHS for our sectional. At the end of those 9 months, you don't always remember exactly what it looked like, felt like, what exact color you chose, how far back the recliner went, but what you do remember is THAT IT WASN'T BROKEN. 9 Months for a broken sectional. The delivery guys tell us they're just delivery guys and call the store... Store tells us to call for a service to get the tech out to fix the couch. SECTIONAL CAN'T BE FIXED FOR A MONTH AND A HALF.

Technician comes out a month and a half later... 10 minutes into him here, all he can say is they're going to have to put in a report and someone is going to be in touch about what to do next but he can't tell me when. The only reason it's two stars is because the sales woman was a delight. Every moment after paying has been awful. A $5,000 broken sectional that your service tech couldn't even fix. Disappointed is an understatement.

Original review: July 6, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. After waiting more than 6 months for supposedly two top of the line gliding/swivel/reclining chairs, it's really hard to believe just how bad the chairs are performing after just the first use. The clanking - banging - creaking - groaning noises from BOTH chairs is so bad and so loud, we can't sit in them. Calls to their "Service Department" for the defective chairs is nothing but a total intentional run around that will have you waiting on hold and/or waiting for a service person who simply doesn't show up. You would think that such a large established company like La-Z-Boy would have it figured out, but we have been sorely disappointed and would never buy from them again. It's also important to mention that their retail store in Brick was absolutely no help whatsoever to help resolve the abhorrent quality issues with the product and care only about the next sale.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Worst customer service ever. Three days of on hold, for 2 hours, for service. They blamed it on lack of workers (Let's go Brandon). They will lie to you and tell you the warranty is lifetime and everything is covered except urine (when you are there). I purchased a $6000 sectional and recliner. Even after purchasing an extended warranty, a service call to the Coachella Valley is $160 plus $13.99 for parts. Labor rates are not stated on the paperwork that you receive after you pay. So you have no clue until a small plastic piece breaks.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Within six months, the stitch areas between the leather and vinyl started cracking on my sofa and loveseat. These points can actually cut your skin. The technician that came to my house took pictures and said that it needed to be replaced. La-Z-Boy says that this type of defect isn't covered under warranty and I'd have to pay for repairs. Seriously?! Four thousand dollars for a sofa and this is the customer service that you get?! I'm a long time customer of this company (30 years) and never had a problem with its products before. Believe me when I say they have changed. This company's quality has gone way down. Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: June 22, 2022

A number of weeks ago I called La-Z-Boy and ordered some parts for my recliner. I have not received them and have not been able to talk with someone about my order. Today, 6/21/2022, I spent 30 waiting for someone to help me with this issue. When I called back and talked with someone in another area, they told me the wait was 2 1/2 HOURS!!!! I did not get the call back feature if one is available. I will try tomorrow morning early. Not really pleased!!!!

Original review: June 20, 2022

Order was promised in September of 2021 and not delivered until April of 2022. Chair broke first of June due to poor spot welds on mechanism. Service would not return the many phone calls left on message machine as you don't get to talk to a person and the only info I got was that the person answering the phone was going on vacation from June 20 to the 27th of June. Sent emails and pictures along with original order number and Product Tag, No response for the entire week. Do yourself a favor and shop for furniture elsewhere!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I don’t typically do reviews but I feel compelled to do so. I do not like being taken advantage of and I don’t appreciate misleading actions! We purchased two recliners from La-Z-Boy only 23 months ago. One of them we hardly use due to the horrendous sound it is making. I remembered that the store talked me into the $232 extended warranty! POINTLESS!!! LIARS!!!! The service call alone, will cost me $195 just for coming and $95/hr after!!! To fix a spring in the garbage they sold me. The warranty is just a way to steal your money and the furniture is junk! We don’t even have kids, no overuse. Go somewhere else! Buy someone else's garbage for way less because let’s face it, there is not much quality these days.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Delivery after long wait, no complaints about that, recliner creaked from beginning, called repairman came and all he did was put oil and a piece of foam under seat. Within a day creaking came back, called and had to wait another 8 weeks for repairman to come back, at that time, after I told him it was not an oil problem, he got annoyed said nothing could be done and nastily said "I will never come to this house again." I even offered him water and still not friendly. We were away for the winter and more so I started again to try to communicate with you. Went to the store where we bought and they said nothing can be done from there.

Called your 855 # waited 1:10 min, called again another 52 min. this was on 6/6/22, called again on 6/7. Spoke to Jason who said his supervisor will call me within 1 to 6 days, told him to call me on my cell but today 6/10 find a message at home number. Not from the supervisor but from Jason to call the 855 # again, spoke to an Alexis who will send a repairman on June 24th, have to stay home all day because you do not give an about time. What kind of a place are you running? Hope to hear from you.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information