La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

4.0/5 (755 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Three times it took for a technician to realize that the hysterically squeaky recliner I purchased was not properly assembled, and that's after numerous phone calls and being treated as if I was the responsible party. Less than one star.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We purchased a sofa the beginning of this year (2022). We paid extra to protect the fabric. We were informed that the protection warranty would cover everything. Well, that is a lie. I contacted the store on 9/28/22 and sent some pictures of the sofa and the stains. She forwarded the images to corporate (or so I was informed). She was to get back with me, but on 11/7/22, when I had still not heard anything, I called. I was told corporate told me to pay for cleaning. Well, that is unsatisfactory. The foam is flattening (under 2yr warranty). The recliners lay back and sit up right without using the lever on the side (should be under warranty).

We bought two chairs that took over a year to get. No one sits in those because we are scared to since the sofa is such a yucky thing. We would have gone with another maker if we knew the warranties you promise are nothing but lies. Even the salespeople believe the lies, telling buyers that their furniture is covered by some of the best warranties. Not true. I will never purchase another La-Z-Boy product. This sofa is nasty and embarrassing. We even keep it covered with blankets and still have stains. Amazing.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Awful, terrible customer service. They take your money at store (Chico, CA) at full price and then you are at their mercy. Took over 4 months to get furniture and then the chair that came didn't match chair purchased in showroom. First one made in USA and second made in Mexico and of very different quality. As of today, 10-27-22, I have spent over 7 hours trying to reach customer service to get service call. Once third party vendor technician came out, he ordered parts to repair sub quality chair. When parts arrived at my home you are required to call into Comfort Care center again to schedule ANOTHER appt. This time I spent over 2 hours trying by text and on hold by phone to get response from customer service.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS COMPANY. IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY SPENT FOR THEIR PRODUCT. Shame on me as the last La-Z-Boy chair was also a dud and I should have known better than to purchase from them again. AWFUL, TERRIBLE, BAD!!! I would give zero star rating if possible. Chair was over $2200 and we had to pay in full and sign life away with contract so that your ONLY option IS customer service. Chair was less than 3 months old.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

We bought a rocking recliner from LA Z BOY in Silverdale, WA and within several months, the headrest material was coming off, had a very strange odor. Contacted the store where purchased, we were referred to the warranty company only to find that the material is no longer available but we could pay about $800 to have the repair done thru another business. Of course, no monetary refund on the warranty that had no reasonable fix for this problem. This company has extremely poor customer service, gave us the run-around on proof of purchase, many delays on our inquiries and certainly does not back-up their p.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Updated on 10/29/2022: La-Z-Boy has resolved the issue with me, they've always and still make a great line of furniture for fair prices but in my recent experience there was a problem with customer relations. But in the end they have resolved my issue in a VERY fair way so a big thanks to Desiree H. of La- Z-Boy for taking care of me so QUICKLY!! Steve B.

Original: My wife and I walked into La-Z-Boy Furniture in Bakersfield, CA on 04/24/2021 and bought 2 recliners and I finally got my chair almost 1 YEAR LATER!! I was patient and courteous during that whole marathon wait, which maybe they took as a sign of weakness because that was not the worst thing that happened by any means during this consumer nightmare. To my horror the chair arrived at my house as a Rocker Recliner instead of a Swivel Recliner which also costs extra! When I brought that to their attention, they replied over the phone, "No problem. We'll send someone from our 3rd party support team to convert it to swivel." Well 5 separate visits later the swivel add on would not even come close to sitting right, the swivel disc was at least 6 inches off from where it needed to be in order to be balanced and not throw you forward, my guess the mounting holes were in wrong spot but 3rd party company was not allowed by factory rules to make that adjustment.

Now its a full blown nightmare and they could care less. A couple weeks ago I called uncle and just accepted it as a rocker recliner, some 18 months later. I tried early on to get Mark or Jose to come out and check this thing out for themselves but said not store policy, I said, "Ok. Can you have the delivery truck stop by and pick it up and bring it to you?" And same answer, "Not our policy." The other thing is I paid for a swivel rocker and have this rocker recliner and there has been NO mention of adjustment of any kind, What the heck has happened to La-Z-Boy, it was a good solid company to do business with. My wife and I walked in and spent over 2 grand, all paid upfront that day and have been treated like we did something wrong. I'm 67 years old and I would have to at least rate this transaction as in my top 3 worst consumer experiences. Sorry my review is so long, just like transaction and this is condensed. My recommendation is don't pay in full, my mistake.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

My new chair was hollowing out in the back region and the seller's repairman took apart the backing in chair back and pulled out the old stuffing and put in some new stuffing. In the process I noticed that the lumbar support cushion was not sewed all the way along one side -not installed properly at the factory and the cushioning was popping out. I pointed this out to the repairman. I want a new back for my chair and I wrote to La-Z-Boy factory about it. They said they would contact the seller. They have done nothing! I am very disappointed in lazboy and will never buy another chair from them when there are many better makers out there now. I was a loyal customer for 20 years!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Beware if you live in a condo and book your condo elevator for the standard 3 hour window for your delivery. You will be told that the only way they will guarantee delivery in the 3 hour window is if you pay an additional $225.00 for a total delivery fee of $500.00. My salesperson Anyes was sympathetic and professional at all times however the Coquitlam store manager was argumentative, arrogant and unhelpful. The delivery company used were unprofessional, unclean and rushed the set-up leaving me to try to rearrange and unjam my new floor rug from underneath the sectional. THEN after just 1 week the recliner seat on the sectional broke. I am waiting to hear from the service department.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I bought a leather couch and within a year I’ve had 2 service calls. Now the color has come out of the headrest area. La-Z-Boy won’t cover nor will the fancy protection warranty I bought. The quality is nowhere it used to be. Save your money and buy elsewhere. I now own a $2,700 1 year old couch that looks like crap. Don’t make the mistake like I did by buying based on name and history. They aren’t the same quality.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Expensive purchase 1 1/2 years ago and the furniture looks like it's 25 years old and very uncomfortable. So very disappointed! Other brand we had for 15 years gave to our son 1 1/2 years ago still looks great and holds up to a lot of wear. My husband 78 years, me 71 years and are not overweight but the furniture looks like elephants have lived on it. We read reviews and thought La-Z-boy was high quality and would last for years. But 1 1/2 years at $4,926.00 is insane! Ordered 9-1-2020 delivered 2-20-21, had to have repairs first year. Now the labor warranty is expired.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I have never written a review about ANY product in my life. My wife and I were couch shopping and decided to check out La-z-boy furniture. The furniture was expensive $6000 for a sofa and loveseat but we were assured, "You get what you pay for" by our salesman. The furniture was delivered a few months later and we were satisfied. After a couple of months the electric recliners were not working properly. We called. They sent a representative who inspected the furniture and he needed to order parts. After waiting a long time he came back and changed out some parts and left. It worked for a couple of weeks and it happened again. They sent a representative who informed us that the pieces they sold us were not suppose to go together. The middle section of the sofa should not be a recliner. He said it was going to keep happening.

The metal pieces under the sofa were all bent due to the fact that the middle section which they sold us was not suppose to recline. After numerous phone calls with no results they told me it was user error. The $6000 couches are falling apart, there are huge spaces in between each section and to be honest I’m embarrassed to have them in my living room because they are an eyesore. They don’t open properly and they don’t close properly. The company's stance is they are not going to replace them because it’s our fault. The worst company I have ever dealt with by far.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I ordered and paid for a room full of furniture in January. Unfortunately, two pieces are lost and the store refuses to refund my money. There is no transparency in my dealings with the Naples store and how can a store still be relying on supply chain problems for their poor management. It would have been better if the salesperson and manager were more in tune with order problems and offer some solutions to pivot to instead of stonewalling and ghosting me.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

BUYER BEWARE! I always had a high opinion of LA-Z-BOY. I was under impression that they were a reputable company. NOT ANYMORE! I purchased a double reclining sofa and two recliners in March of 2020. We were told they were leather. They are obviously not leather as the finish has started flaking off after only a year and a half. We specifically asked if this was real leather and the salesman assured us that it was. Leather will not flake. I reported the problem to the warranty department and they told me that the warranty is only good for 1 year so I am SOL. I would think that after spending as much as I did on this furniture it should last a LOT longer than a year and a half. Here are some pictures of the problem. LA-Z-BOY does not stand by their products and falsely states that their leather furniture is genuine leather when it ABSOLUTELY IS NOT.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

My husband and I live in Maine. We ordered and picked up our furniture one hour away in Manchester N.H. When we arrived the furniture was lost for 2 hours. They could not find it in the warehouse any where. They were cursing, yelling at each other and hanging up on the person on the phone who was trying to help them. Finally after 2 hours it was found.

We brought the sofa and chair home and immediately noticed the sofa was not working properly. The 2 recliners were tilting inward at a huge angle. We called the Manchester store right away. They said manager would call us back, which never happened. We kept calling him and he finally told us because we picked up the furniture and did not have it delivered they could not repair the furniture. We have no way of returning the piece. They will not take it back. We have called the consumer dept. all the way to the CEO of company with no help. We have an expensive reclining sofa that we cannot recline. What can we do? We need help. This company is so bad.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

NO one answers the Comfort Care line!!!! Why do you do this to people???? I need to schedule a repair and cannot get through to speak with anyone!!!! The awful Allman Brothers elevator hold music is super annoying. I am contacting the Ohio Attorney General's office to file a consumer complaint as this is ridiculous. People do not buy their products - they break and you can't get help to get it fixed.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We knew there was a wait time to get couch and chairs. The wait was far beyond what we were told. We agreed to get the protection package. After weeks someone came to look at our brand new chairs. Now we have been waiting weeks to get someone to call back to come fix them. Our couch is nowhere as comfortable as the one in the store. I really hope they can fix chairs. I love the fabric pattern. Texts and sitting for over an hour on hold sucks!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Do not buy from La-Z-Boy. I ordered couches Jan 23, deciding to spend the money for quality and time to order exactly what we wanted. The contract said 25-42 weeks, but the target date slipped twice with ABSOLUTLEY 0 communication unless we went to the store to ask (even when promised a call back). We were always encouraged to wait until they called us to schedule deliver. Now I know why they didn't want us to be asking.

They now say that 42 weeks in their sales agreement is just an estimate and the sales contract says nothing about when they will commit to delivering our couches. We will have to pay $1500 to restock a couch that hasn't been delivered yet and may not ever be delivered if we cancel the order. The office manager admitted to me that there was absolutely NO commitment on their part to EVER deliver furniture to us.

Even when I go in to the store and get a promise to contact me back, I have to initiate the contact 2 days after I was promised a follow-up phone call. She admitted that the corporate office doesn't answer their inquiries either. I am told that I can't speak to anyone other than the person in the store, who has no power to do anything (by her own admission) other than tell me that there is no guaranteed date to deliver my furniture and that they will be glad to hold on to my money for me. There is ABSOLUTELY NO commitment to its customers FROM La-Z-Boy as it is all on the customer. That is evident from what I am being told about the sales agreement and how they respond to customers. I will never buy la-z-boy again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I purchased a La Z Boy reclining sofa in September 2021, confident in the La Z Boy excellence. Boy, was I wrong! What happened?? Warranty is not helpful (see below) which is a big deal because the product is not quality! Sofa was delivered in March 2022. Within days, in April 2022 I called Comfort Care with the following issues: Cushioning is inadequate and inconsistent from one seat to the next; footrest makes a loud “clacking” noise when going into seated position (sounds like 2 pieces of wood smacking together), when reclining the seat slips and jerks, and when shifting my position the sofa makes creaking and groaning noise, probably the springs, maybe the frame??

The rear of the sofa arms are not cushioned!! It is material over wood frame. Comfort Care said the sofa is designed this way. Great if you want a wood frame poking into your back and ribs!! The Comfort Care repairman has been here 3 times. He said the cushioning is according to specifications the 1st visit, cushioning is done by weight on the 2nd visit, but then returned to add cushioning to some areas. He also said the sofa has moving parts and will make noise! I never had a sofa that made noise!

The footrest still makes the loud “clacking” noise, the reclining mechanisms were replaced by the repairman, but the replacement mechanisms have now started to fail again within 30 days, and every time I shift position or move my legs when seated, the sofa still makes creaking and groaning noises! It is almost impossible to reach Comfort Care – being on hold between 35 minutes and 2 HOURS !! Gave up and sent emails – received NO response. This post is just summarizing all the problems I have had with this sofa. I have told everyone I know DO NOT BUY LA Z BOY!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

In 2018 paid a lot of money for dual reclining loveseat with console. Was told the company has a LIFETIME WARRANTY. I additionally purchased an extended warranty - which I have recently discovered ONLY covers the fabric - not structural. After making calls to several different phone numbers, only to be always redirected to customer care clerk, was told they would only cover the parts. WHAT! The customer care manager Brian told me the warranty is on my receipt - I looked at the yellow copy given to me and see nothing on that receipt about warranties.

Have spent a month trying to contact someone at the corporate level to question how you can represent LIFETIME WARRANTY and the customer has to pay for BOTH the service call and the labor. Mine is a structural issue and deflated padding and I am sure the parts are way less than what I will have to pay for so-called uncovered costs.

I have purchased several items from Hudsons Furniture, along with their extended warranty, and when 2 of my power recliners broke at 2 different times, THEY COVERED EVERYTHING & easily replaced the item or gave me full credit for another item. THAT IS A COMPANY STANDING BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THE PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am still trying to pursue this at the corporate level as I am sure we can reach an agreement before I have to VENT my dissatisfaction on social media.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

My power recliner, which cost over 1700 plus a service contract for over 300, was delivered in May 2022 and stopped working three weeks later. After much frustration and effort, I got a repair appointment for three weeks later. Repairman came and fixed the problem. Now, less than 3 months later, the same thing happened. More frustration in contacting customer service and another three weeks wait for service. This time we were told a new part was needed. Today I have tried for over 1 1/2 hours to find out what I we can expect in terms of repair. I was told they will not send out the parts he requested because it was "excessive". Instead they will replace my chair (after another 6-9 months), just as if it were a new order. This is simply unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Sorry this is so long but I am taking all of this time to write and post my experience to spare anyone who reads this the financial loss and the stress and aggravation that we have suffered because of La-Z-Boy. I urge you to read the dozens of reviews from consumers who have had horrible experiences with La-Z-Boy. This is not the La-Z-Boy that earned a great reputation from days gone by. There has been new executive leadership since April 2021 and there are now serious systemic problems within the company. There is no communication or respect for the customer.

In my case, we have been waiting 14 months for furniture and have no guarantee of when we can expect delivery. Month after month passes and delivery continues to be pushed to a later date. I write this as a WARNING. Do not buy any furniture from La-Z-Boy unless it is actually on the floor in the store where you are shopping. Any other orders are considered “special orders” and you will have NO assurance that your furniture will be delivered in a timely manner.

On July 4, 2021, (that’s 2021!) I paid for a power reclining sofa, power recliner and 2nd recliner. When I ordered, I was aware of “pandemic-related” problems affecting La-Z-Boy and I agreed to go ahead and purchase when I was told my furniture would be delivered 4-5 months later in November-December 2021, but I did not agree to wait for delivery for OVER a YEAR+.

I tried working with the La-Z-Boy store where I purchased and they had no idea of when I would receive my order but would not let me cancel my order. After a year the store manager finally acquiesced and told me that he would make a “huge” exception to “allow” me to cancel the order but they will charge me a 50% restocking fee for the items they have not even made! How insane is that?

I called and wrote the corporate office asking for help and only received insulting canned responses telling me was La-Z-Boy is suffering from importing issues or product shortages. I asked them to offer comparable available substitutes from what they can produce and have never heard back. I wrote 5 members of the executive team and none bothered to respond. How is that for customer service?

Please note La-Z-Boy stores are independently owned and operated and there is absolutely no communication between La-Z-Boy Manufacturing, Corporate offices and the La-Z-Boy retail stores. That means no one will assume responsibility or communication to help you. I have ordered furniture to completely furnish a 2 bedroom vacation-rental condo from Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, West Elm, Amazon and others and have not had the long waits and issues that I am having with La-Z-Boy. Save yourself, go with one of the above retailers because they have no problem with importing issues or shortages or working with their customers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

The chair came in and once the delivery people left and we examined the chair better, here is the list of problems:

1) Arms, back and seat are wrinkled badly.
2) Pack panel to cover mechanism is poorly finished.
3) The buttons on the side are not tight against the chair.
4) Several strings which if we cut off the fabric could separate.

5) Padding is not correct and nothing like the one in the store.

I had a technician out to my home and he wrote this up in a report. I called the service department when I did not hear back from them and when I was finally able to speak to a someone they wanted to rebuild the chair on site. When I said I would stop payment on the balance, he hung up on me. This is a company that promises a quality product responds???

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

My wife and I are 46 years old and 45 years old respectively. We've been successful thus far, and reasonably frugal with our funds over the years. We are raising two boys, and putting our oldest through college with no financial aid/support. Other than an EZ chair early in our marriage, until January 2022, we never owned a brand new couch, always using hand-me-downs, second hand, or scratch and dent purchases. Finally in January we found ourselves in a situation where we were comfortable making our first full living room furniture purchase.

We purchased two EZ chairs, a really nice couch, a big chair, and an ottoman. The ottoman was not a stock item, so we decided to go ahead and order it with a quoted delivery time of 3-6 months, with a comment that 4-5 was the usual delivery time. We have all the rest of the furniture, so it's not a big deal, right? Well, try and get some service after the deal, and let me know how that goes for you. My wife reached out in June (~5 months), and they said the piece was done, and it would be delivered around July 8th to the local store. We never got a call. THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU. After we reached out, we were told it would be another week. After another week, they said they couldn't inquire about it being shipped for 30 days.

Again, we have to call to get every update - they NEVER call you unless you demand a return call. Fast forward to 8/1 - I had finally had enough, and reached out to La-Z-Boy on Facebook. They respond that evening with an apology, and a commitment to forward my inquiry on to another team. The other team reached out to me via email on 8/3 asking me for some order information with a lengthy disclaimer that all of their stores and such are independently owned, and they would do their best to broker a solution. I gave them the info they asked for on 8/4, and on 8/8, they said they would reach out to the store, and would contact me once they heard back. I asked for an update on 8/9 - no response. Asked for an update on 8/12 - no response.

I asked for an update on social media on 8/11 - no response. I asked for an update on social media on 8/12 - no response. I asked for an update on social media on 8/15 - finally a response that they have forwarded my follow-up info to the right team again. My wife also called the local store today, and they told her that our ottoman had shipped from the warehouse on 7/30, but could not tell us when our piece would arrive (that's two weeks ago). They claim they have no way to track it, trace it, or perform any other sort of inquiry. I will never buy another item from La-Z-Boy as long as I live, and I will share this experience with everyone I can. This is a pitiful excuse for a company. They only know how to apologize. They do not know how to fill orders.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

We purchased a sectional from Polaris store in Columbus Feb 26th. Sales associate promised delivery end of May, or 1st of June. Got delivery end of July of 2/3rds of sectional. Associate had ordered two left ends instead of left and right ends. Told us correct part would be delivered following Friday. That day came and no delivery. No call, No notice whatsoever. We called store and were told part would be delivered today. Got call today saying part could not be delivered. We paid over $5,000 for this couch and could not possibly be more dissatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Bought my $2,600 Recliner/Rocker in spring of 2020. Delivered June/July of 2020. Since then it has been broken as much as it has worked. The recliner mechanism is completely inadequate to handle the forces exerted on it. They used a plastic piece that has broken the most but now the recline shaft is bent into an s shape and all of the metal pins are bent so they can barely be forced out. We verified that my weight was under their maximum and it is. That means their design is not up to the task. It is a large chair design but they used the mechanism from a lighter weight chair.

Original warranty has expired so I'm trying to get the extended warranty company (Servco) to come fix it. This time the ordeal has been going on for 2 months and they can only get to my location the end of this month. So this instance of the break down is going to be 3 months -- if they get it fixed when they come this trip. Last trip (end of July) they sent the wrong parts after we sent them all of the data on the chair. So their staff are completely incompetent. Asked for a full refund of the chair and I would have parted company with La-Z-Boy without filing complaints on EVERY complaint board I can find. They refused so here I am trying to get resolution. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY OR AT LEAST READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS YOU CAN FIND -- JUST WISH I HAD.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

My brand new Brooks power reclining sofa is worn out after 1 week. I'm 165 lbs and the seat cushion is compressed to the maximum and I'm sitting on a memory foam seat cushion and using a lumbar cushion. Delivered on 7/29/2022. I left a message for the store manager that has not been returned after 1 week. La-Z-Boy's "comfort care" left me on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes when I finally gave up and emailed their service department. Based on the lack of response, this will end up in small claims court. Additionally, the salesperson misinformed me about the independent operation of the legs and back. If the sofa maintained its form and comfort, I would have not been too unhappy. A terrible experience and waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Very dissatisfied with the quality of your new furniture. I was involved in an automobile accident in 2020 and needed a temporary place to rest as I couldn't lay down with my fractured spine. Having a 15 year old chair from you guys in excellent condition I figured it would be best to get a bigger better model. The whole back on the new chair broke and literally fell off the first week. The repair man said it was likely broke in shipping to our local store. Now a little over a year from the first repair the footrest mechanism has completely snapped and I can't even put the feet up. I am on my second hour of being on hold to get a new service appointment, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to answer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Purchased two identical chairs in 2019. First one broke something in the back, had to have fixed, cost me $130 even though it's under warranty. Now both of the chairs have broken underneath in the frame. Normal use, no kids jumping or anything like that, we are older couple. Trying to get ahold of someone is impossible, on hold for 35 mins and counting. Terrible customer service. Will not purchase again.

Original review: July 31, 2022

10-18 weeks for a couch is ridiculous. Stock items or have a better turnaround time. There are plenty of quality stores that have stock and a few weeks turn around. The Greyson couch and love seat in Brown leather is a very nice item, but not a 5 month wait nice item. I've had house built from the ground up in less time than it takes to build a couch.

Original review: July 30, 2022

We purchased 2 chairs in July of 2018. In less than 1 year we had to have them come out and service both chairs that we purchased. Then June 15, 2021 we began having issues with our electric recliner. We called in because we purchased the protection plan. They have been put 3 different times to try to fix the problem and as of July 30, 2022 it is still not fixed. We have been unable to use the electric features of our chair for over a year. Needless to say we are extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the chairs along with the service from the protection plan.

Original review: July 27, 2022

We recently purchased our third Harbor Town Gliding recliner. We love it. However, on the oldest one, we need a new base. Service NEVER answers the phone, and the sales people at the store where we bought the new one says they can't help us, we have to talk to service. AAAAGGGGHHH! I am beyond furious. The chair is old (maybe 10-20 years), but still works except the wooden base is broken (I've duct taped it). I can't send an email, or leave a message with the Service dept. So - I love Lazboy furniture, but the service/repair seems to be nonexistent.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information