Jennifer Convertibles
1.27/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

927 Jennifer Convertibles Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

In 2014 I wanted Top Grain Leather and I paid close to $2000 for my set. Now it is 2018 and my set is peeling like Bonded Leather. I know what Top Grain looks like because my mother purchase Top Grain Leather 17 years ago from Jennifer and her seat is still in great condition. The store should be held responsible for what they're charging and giving to the customer. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE TRULY A RIP OFF COMPANY AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I will never buy from Jennifer Convertibles again. From day one, when we received our furniture, it was damaged. The back corner of our couch was crushed. Then we also noticed there was no padding in the footrests. They sent someone to fix it. But then a few months later our recliner part broke off, they sent someone to repair it. Then just over the time our warranty ended the recliner part broke again. Since it was out of warranty, they gave me a number to call for someone to fix it, but I would have to pay. I called the number but couldn't get in touch with anyone. Meanwhile the seams on my couch and loveseat are splitting.

I am about 135 pounds and my husband is about 200. Not real big people but maybe average. Only two of us sit on the couch and love seat. My kids are grown and out of the house. This is the worse set I have ever purchased. I have bought from other places within the 36 years we are married. I have never experienced this. My sectional couch in the basement was from JC Penney and we purchased it about 5 years ago and it is still going great. Even after having teenagers hang on it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Wanting to do something nice for my Mom after her recent Cancer diagnosis. I decided to surprise her with new living room sofas since she was also in process of moving. I stopped by Jennifer Furniture Valley Stream NY, That decision turned out to be one of biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life and the worst customer service I ever experienced. I should have walked away when I selected the furniture and the salesman Gene assured me that the delivery would be about two weeks. At the end of the transaction once I paid and paperwork was completed he told me 3 wks. I was angry then but left it alone. Needless to say I did not get a call for delivery until the 4th week and this is when things really went south.

The delivery men refused to set up the sofas claiming there was not enough space. We begged them to leave it, that there was enough space and we would work it out, they left. I then received a call from the store stating I would have to pay a redelivery fee and someone would call me to reschedule the appointment. I was upset knowing that the fact that they went away with the furniture was not my fault and I was not responsible for paying additional fees. After raising hell they waived it, however no one called me back to set another delivery date. I called the following week to be told they already scheduled a date in their system. WHAT? How can they do this without confirming with me?

Five weeks later still no furniture! At this point I was losing it, I communicated that I want to cancel the order and have my money returned. I was told rudely I can do whatever I want but will have to pay 30% restocking fee. I then reached out to the store manager Mike ** in attempt to resolve the situation. He was rude, abrupt and went as far as yelling at me. Each time I would try to speak. He would speak over me. He said he would call me back to discuss and resolve but never did. I went into the store to speak directly with someone. I really broke down, I was in tears, I really did not think in the midst of what my family was going through this was happening. I got names of all parties involved. I saw the initial sales rep Gene who after I left the store called me to say he apologizes and he will make sure my money gets refunded. He never called me back and the refund needless to say never happened.

I decided to go to the top, hoping that corporate would help me. I was wrong. Fred the operations manager was equally as rude. Almost not wanting to be bothered with the whole thing. He too spoke over me and would not give me a chance to speak. It was all so frustrating and there seemed to be no reasoning with these people. After threatening to file a lawsuit, he said, "Go right ahead," and my only option was to have the furniture delivered. No compassion, No apologies. The store held my money for over a month. No one called me to resolve anything. Not even to reschedule the delivery.

After all the back and forth and being stressed out my Mom urged me not to go forward with any lawsuit despite the way I was treated. She was already stressed out and did not want the same for me. She told me to just have them deliver it. Which I reluctantly did. The day the furniture was finally delivered my Mom cried. It looked nothing like it did in the store. It was a 3 pc. Sofa, loveseat and accent chair. The quality was so cheap and poorly made. I spent over $2000 and the legs of the sofas were plastic, not even wood. The delivery men tried to screw the plastic legs but they would not turn completely align all four corners of the sofas. Over $2000 furniture set with cheap plastic base?

I feel so cheated. I feel even worse for my Mom. I tried to do something to raise her spirits and instead brought her to tears. She tries to hide it from me but says every day she walks in the home and sees the sofas she feels so disappointed. I hope this will help someone reading be very cautious if they decide to ever take a trip to Jennifer Furniture Valley Stream or any other location. Make sure to examine the items thoroughly. They care only about making the sale and certainly not about longstanding quality customer service and relationships.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I’ll begin by saying you can NEVER get anyone on the phone. They rely on email. Secondly, their “delivery info” does not stipulate how much your delivery fee will actually be. Once I ordered the bedroom furniture, I had to wait THREE weeks before I received it! Let me be clear. This is NOT high end or custom furniture. Finally the day rolls around for delivery and I get an email that says I’ll be given a “window” email the day before. THREE emails later and still no window. When the delivery showed up, the guys wanted to drop off boxes and hightail it out of my home without putting the furniture together! IT CLEARLY states on the page that putting together furniture is part of the fee paid. They stood and argued for a good 15 minutes before I directed them to call a supervisor.

Finally the “leader” of this little crew came back in and said they’d set it up. 4 fuming guys worked upstairs putting it together muttering and mumbling curses in Spanish. I’ve managed to pick up the language after living on the East Coast for the past 20 years. None of it was flattering or professional. I will never purchase a single item from this company again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. It is the absolute worst. The ONLY reason we went with Jennifer is because my son really liked the design of head and footboard. He had his heart set on it. I’d sooner sit on a tomato box than buy a piece of furniture from this company. Buyer beware is an understatement when dealing with these people.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I was moving and it was a very stressful time. Shawn and Christine at the Paramus NJ store were wonderful. I ordered a living set with lamps, coffee and end tables. I needed a small dining room set in cottage style and Shawn went online and the perfect one so I ordered it. I was under a time constraint and they met my tight deadline for delivery. My experience was WONDERFUL. Love my furniture. Thanks Shawn... You went above and beyond and made it fun.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I went to the Jennifer on 86th street in Brooklyn looking for bedroom furniture. They didn't have the style I was looking for so they suggested another location in Brooklyn. After going all the way to that store, I see that that store is a LIVING ROOM store and they only have 2 bedroom sets in there. When I asked the guys on the floor if they could show me something in a similar wood (because it's hard to see online) and I basically got a shoulder shrug. Then I went back to 86th street and had to order it sight unseen. BIG MISTAKE. The furniture is so much smaller in the inside than what the measurements are.

One of the drawers was broken so I had to take more time off of work so they could come and fix it. Then they never showed up and never called either. I called the showroom and they said they would try to get some info and call me back. They never called back. After many calls, they told me the driver broke down and his cell phone died. And basically there was nothing they could do about it. They may be able to schedule me for a late delivery. (Which would still have me leaving work early).

The delivery system they have don't give any warning. They call you on a Monday afternoon to see if a Tuesday time slot will work. Do they not realize people work and need to coordinate? The WORST part about this situation is that I need another chest. Because there is no return policy with JC, I have to get it from them. After a week back and forth with the delivery people and the guys in the showroom, all that can be done is $50 off the chest I don't want, but need because the drawer space is SO small.

I ordered this and waited again for a phone call I never got back. All of this took another 2 weeks to coordinate and almost a dozen calls because every time I spoke to someone, they told me they'd call me back. NOT ONCE did any call get returned, so I had to keep calling back. I called to confirm my delivery was coming only to find out that they suddenly didn't have my chest in stock. (Which they had 5 days earlier that I paid for and wouldn't have more in stock for another 5 weeks). FIVE WEEKS! I paid for a dresser that was in stock and now it was gone. Now my option is to get a refund and not get a dresser and have clothes all over, or wait and take more time off. I called the Operations Manager and have not heard back. I will NEVER buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The faux leather (pleather) has not held up at all and the insurance purchased is a joke. Everything is not covered. SAD SAD SAD. Both the couch and chair are flaking and peeling. What can you do? Anything at all? Or do we just live with the defective product or toss it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I brought 2 sofa, one chaise and coffee table with matching dining table set 12/13/2017 but first day of delivery everything was damage. Some people including manager show up my house and pleased to take the delivery and said we fix the damages or we replace whole thing later some other day but now 10 months later 10/10/2018 still I am calling almost every couple of days nobody helping and they offered $500 off store credit towards damage furniture. Price of furniture I brought more than $10000.00. Really bad experience never wants buy from the Jennifer Convertibles in future. And I order sofa and chaise and dining table same class but they deliver mismatch dining table.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Bad furniture/fake guarantee - Was forced to purchase the 200$ Guardsman warranty or if something went wrong either pay 450$ restocking fee or if later date no coverage. Well the furniture is nearly broken into pieces and they're not covering absolutely anything except to clean a stain. I can clean a stain myself.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Went in recently looking for a couch for my new place and Mike ** helped me find the best priced couch for my budget and quick delivery also. I also recommended couple of my friends to him for a bedroom set and dining set in Valley Stream store also. Thanks Mike!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

So I purchased a sofa online July 6th 2018 and here it is August 18th 2018 still no couch!!! I was informed my couch would take two to three ** wks to get delivered. ** I'm still waiting. I called the company many times from the customer service number they provide online. The first time I called a woman told me my couch would be here around Aug 8th. Still not compared to the two to three wks they said it would be delivered but ok. I asked her was she sure? She absolutely made it positive that the couch would definitely be here. Lies!! The ** really lied. I'm sooo upset. When I argue with my boyfriend I can’t even send him to the couch. What Imma send him to now...the floor???

Two days ago I called again and the same woman picked up. I told her the issue and she asked if I had ordered online or from the store? I told her online. She then stated that since I ordered online she would direct me to the “imaginary” department that deals with the online merchandise. The call goes to voicemail. Afterwards I kept calling and no answer. What’s worst is there isn’t a tracking number to use. A big ** scammm! I kid you not. Please don’t ever buy from Jennifer’s. Isn’t worth it. 451 dollars down the drain. Should have went with my first instinct and ordered from a furniture store next to my house.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

On 1/14/18, I ordered Accrington Sectional RAF Chaise/Gray. It was delivered on 2/10/18. Within 10 days of delivery, the seams in several places started to fray and come undone. I immediately contacted Jennifer about the seams. A service technician has come to the home TWICE. The first time, he said that the furniture needed to be replaced and he left. Within a few days, we received a letter saying that we REFUSED attempts to have the furniture repaired and therefore, we could not get a refund or an exchange. This was an lie. We never refused.

We made a second appointment and the second time he came, he stitched the seams and ordered a replacement component for the furniture. The component has been delivered but before I could contact Jennifer furniture to make an appointment to have it installed, the seams the technician had repaired were coming apart again. PLUS there are other seams that have come undone.

I was told I needed to make a THIRD appointment. I made an appointment more than a month out, but was not informed of the time of the technician arrival until the day before. We tried to work with the company to change the time but they were unable to do it, so we missed our third appointment. Now we have to make a fourth appointment for new furniture that fell apart less than two weeks after delivery??! I am extremely disappointed in the quality of your furniture. I am embarrassed for guest to see the furniture because it is so poorly made. I have never had an experience like this before with any furniture I have purchased. At this point, I am expecting either a full refund.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The company, customer service, and Garden City store are the absolute worst. I ordered a couch on 5/6/18. I was told that there would be a 6 week wait until it could be delivered. (6/17) OK, I didn't care too much for that, but was OK with the wait at 6 weeks. Eight weeks go by, then 10 weeks, then 11 weeks. I called numerous times asking when the couch would be delivered. No answers. I get a call during the 11th week to schedule a delivery date. I refused to do it over the phone because I wanted to discuss in store before hand. They gave me a discount of $160+ tax. OK. I set up delivery for Saturday 8/5. I receive a confirmation phone call the night before and confirm for 12:15pm - 4:15pm. A friend helped me remove my old couch so I would have no issues the next day when the new couch comes.

The day goes by and I am sitting on the floor waiting and waiting. No phone call, nothing. My wife calls and they said they will need to call us back. They call back and say that the delivery was cancelled, but they do not know by who or why... Are you kidding me? They cannot get any answers because "corporate" is closed until Monday. My family is stuck sitting on the floor with no couch and no idea when or if this couch will be delivered. They tell me they will call me first thing on Monday. It is now 12:10pm and I have still not heard from them. I am refraining from calling because I do not want to make a scene at work. Beyond frustrating. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $50-$100 at another store and save yourself the headache... Horrendous customer service and horrible inventory management.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

A must read before you go to Jennifer - First they did this to my 75 year old mother. They said they would deliver on 7/25. Called 2 hours after delivery was scheduled. Said they had no shrink wrap and could not deliver today? What? They charge crazy delivery Fees. $200 plus they charge tax on the delivery Fee ($217.75). If they have to take the legs off the sofa your delivery charge will then be $350 plus tax ($381.06) - oh yes, it gets better. They charged my mother $381.06 to her credit card. The salesmen double talked her. She had no idea what she was paying for. They deliver the furniture on July 30th minus the rug she purchased. The delivery man tells her she owes him $350 in cash - my mother paid him, oh yes, but had her wits about her to make him sign the paper that he took the $350 in cash from her.

The delivery guy also asks my mother for a cigarette that were sitting on her counter, she said she didn't have many left and couldn't give him one. She goes to the bedroom to get the money to pay him, after they leave she realizes he stole all her cigarettes. What a disgusting person. When my mother told me Monday night when I went to see her that all this happened I of course lost it.

Called the showroom. Spoke to Alex, after a heated discussion told me he would give her back the $381.06 if she came to the store with her credit card because they don't keep that information. I could also pick-up her carpet. Wow $381.06 for delivery and I have to go get her carpet and go back to the store for a credit, which would not have been given to her if I did not call them. Total charges for delivery they charged was $731.06 and a pack of cigarettes. I am just completely disgusted and heartbroken that people would do this to a senior citizen. BUYER BEWARE BIG TIME... Check your other options, please.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My husband and I placed an order for a couch, two recliner chairs, a table, and a mirror on May 8, 2018. After zero communication from our sales rep, we reached out after four weeks to get an update on its progress. We were told it would be another two weeks (we were originally told 4-6 weeks) and that they had said 6-8 weeks. Fine, maybe a miscommunication. Reached about again after six weeks - the next excuse was that there was a shortage in the white fabric for our couch. Fine. Two weeks later, the next excuse was that the warehouse was closed for Fourth of July - for two weeks. Okay, well needless to say, it is now July 30th and still nothing. I am LIVID. Never again!!!

Original review: July 28, 2018

I ordered a couch on May 20. I have called, and the couch is constantly being delayed by 2 weeks. It is now July 28, and there is another delay until August 7, where it will be shipped to the warehouse. Unbelievable! Am I ever going to get my couch!

Original review: July 18, 2018

My husband and I ordered our living room couch (Foster 6 piece) on 4/23/18. The website said 6-8 weeks. It's now 7/18/18 and my husband got an email stating we will not be receiving our couch until August. We will never order from Jennifer Convertibles EVER AGAIN. I tried calling to speak to an actual person but the lady I spoke to told me due to the fact we ordered it online there is no actual person to speak to. She stated we can only go through email for answers on our order. My husband and I were donating our present couch to a single mother with children and they have been waiting along with my husband and I because there is very poor communication with the manufacturer and the warehouse. This is to whomever wants to read reviews before purchasing something... DO NOT ORDER FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES??? Had I read reviews before ordering I wouldn't be writing this... I would've taken my business elsewhere???

Original review: July 18, 2018

I thought that my transaction with buying a new sectional sofa went exceedingly well. We were given the price I wanted, our sales rep, Paul **, was helpful and friendly, and it was delivered and assembled by polite and diligent workmen on the date specified. I love the furniture I bought. However, when it came to financing, it was told to me that I was receiving that through the store. Imagine my surprise to receive a Synchrony Bank letter in the mail with my brand new Jennifer Convertibles credit card.

I never asked to sign up for a credit card. Never once was I told I was signing up for a credit card. Nor would I have chosen to get a Synchrony Card. If I had been told that my was only payment option, I would have left. Now, what seemed like a salesman being friendly and helpful is clearly a conman being shifty and trying to keep talking so I can't pay attention to paperwork so he can trick me into applying for a $2,000 line of credit, to cover me for a $1,400 sofa. I asked him twice why it said $2,000 and he said that was the amount that was verified in my credit check. Now I know that it was intentionally over the cost of the sofa in the hopes that I incur late fees, without maxing out the card.

The sad thing is that I really do love my sectional and was planning to buy other furniture from your store in the future. I had been telling everyone about what a great experience it was. Things have been really hard for us this past year, and this was really a high point. The first major piece of brand new furniture I was able to buy as part of a married couple. But it's been sullied by your salesman's dishonesty. I will NEVER be buying from you again. I will be reporting your (most likely) illegal practices to the BBB, and disabusing everyone I know of the idea that shopping Jennifer Convertibles is any different from the typical sleazy operation. I look forward to paying off my debt and closing this account ASAP. I just hope your protection policy is actually what was promised.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Order date was July 6, 2018, The delivery date was supposed to be July 10, 2018. They did not deliver my furniture on the day they said, and yes I'm still waiting, they also did not call the night before like they promised. After calling to verify and tracking online no order found. The manager named Charlie says, "Oh I can deliver on Friday because your order got cancelled."

Second after purchasing a power recliner leather and vinyl sofa for $1270.90 including 5 year warranty I saw on their website the same sofa for $728.00. I went back to the store the next day and showed them this and they said, "Ok we will give you the refund," but it has to go through their corporate office, then they wrote down the refund amount on the print out that I gave them from the internet in pen and said wait for the credit from corporate.

Since I paid by 2 Credit cards due to the fact my wife wanted to pay half I should have 2 credit card receipts. Well the lady gave me the merchant copy and the customer copy from my wife card and did not give me my copy from my card. Then she wrote balance due 635.45. I had to go on my credit card account and print out that the payment had posted on both cards to verify that they received the money. They did receive the money on July 8, 2018 from both cards. Still today they did not have my order delivered and they claim the order was kicked out off the computer some kind a way and that it's not usual. TOO MANY RED FLAGS WITH THIS COMPANY. PLEASE STAY VERY FAR AWAY. DO NOT EVER BUY.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have been extremely unhappy with Jennifer Convertibles since day one! When my bedroom set was delivered the box spring would not fit up the stairs so the delivery men just left it at the bottom of my stairs for me to handle. I had no way to remove the box spring and transport it. Jennifer’s offered no accommodate or ways to help! Then not even a year later one side of my mattress completely collapsed! Again Jennifer’s customer service was awful. I made multiple calls to just try and book an appointment for someone to come and just look at the mattress. When I finally did get through to someone they won’t be coming for 3 weeks. And this is to just look and not even replace the mattress. Extremely unhappy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Save yourself some trouble and don’t buy from Jennifer Convertibles. They do not stand by their products. We purchased a leather couch and loveseat and after a year the leather started to peel. Customer service refused to do anything. We are left with unsightly pits and peeling with no recourse. All the original salesman’s talk that their products are guaranteed is false. Go elsewhere!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have take 2 days off work for a delivery that was scheduled weeks ago! No show, no call and NO RESOLUTION! The audacity and lack of courtesy of your salespeople at you 86th street location in Brooklyn is disgusting. The manager has contacted the delivery department to no avail and the fact that there is no accommodation is absurd. MY 3 YOUNG CHILDREN ARE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought my furniture March 23, 2018. Today is June 19, 2018. I have not received it yet. They said on my paper for the six weeks. Here it is three months later still haven’t received my furniture. Call them today. They supposed to get back in contact with me. Hopefully they do it sometime this week. If not I don’t know what to do. I paid $1381 for sectional. I have not received it yet. It’s very frustrating when you pay for something and don’t do **. I hope they compensate me with something. Please help.

Updated on 06/21/2018: Well I made a review two days ago on Jennifer Convertibles about their delivery. Someone finally got back in touch with me after three months and told me the material for the sectional Color gray was not available so I have to wait until July 14. Before they get the color to go on to the sectional they had to order it so I guess I gotta wait another month before I have my furniture. I hope they compensate me with something because then it will be four months and counting. Please help.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Paramus Route 17 location - If I can give this company zero stars, I would. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this company. I've never been so dissatisfied with a furniture experience such as this one. Upon delivery, there was no damage during delivery; however, the dining table I ordered was scratched. It looks like it was scratched from the company who produced it, but since it wasn't damaged during delivery nothing at that time could be done. Here’s the kicker... after reading the tag on the chair regarding the manufacture, I found the SAME set on WALMART'S website for 300 dollars cheaper! After trying to call the store for an hour, no one picked up. So I went there in person. There were no customers in the store for them to be that busy and not pick up and I called them out on it. The woman said she was just about to check her voicemail. How convenient.

I explained that I found the same dining set online at Walmart and she basically said that was impossible. I told her I’d pull it up but she didn’t seem interested and only took 100 dollars off the price I paid. I explained about the scratches and she said someone will come out to check it, and if there’s nothing they can do, will send me a new table. Just give me a new table. Why do I want to keep something that’s ridiculously overpriced and damaged? At this point it seems more of a headache to return the whole set. So we’ll see if they follow up. I ordered a couch as well that came stained. I really like the look of it though and it was their “last one” so they say. Someone is supposed to come out as well to clean it. Honestly... just so much aggravation and such an inconvenience, just take your money and go elsewhere. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Leaving the same review here as I did on Google reviews and Yelp. Update 05/24: Called back the store to see what was taking so long for the refund. Other gentleman working there said he had no record of any refund and Paul, our salesman, was in the basement but should call us back. Spoiler, he didn't. Again tried, Michael **, again, not picking up his phone. Left yet another voicemail but I think it is becoming time to go to the Better Business Bureau. Update 05/22: After calling the number that was given below, we were given the number of the regional manager, Michael **. Of course Mr. ** does not pick up his phone nor does he respond to several left messages. And to top it off, haven't seen the paltry 108 dollars either.

05/17: Went to the store and found a nice couch, the Murray Road. We bought it, including the extended warranty and including the more expensive delivery where the couch gets taken apart and put back together in your home. The nice gentleman who sold us the couch told us it should be available in 3 to 4 weeks. We were quite happy even though it was a lot of money we spent. We get home and notice that on the receipt he wrote down 4 to 6 weeks. Ok, that's not what he told us but we were ok with it.

After 4 weeks of hearing absolutely nothing, we give the store a call. Our couch never arrived, they, whoever they are, should have called us 2 weeks ago or so and let us know that our couch was delayed and the warehouse would not be receiving it before the 24th of June. Nice gentleman apologized, nothing they could do at the store, was out of their hands blah blah blah, here is 108 dollars compensation for the deluxe delivery. Yay, great, the couch that I should have already had in my house is now not gonna arrive for almost another month and a half. Really? Is this the Jennifer Furniture experience? We tell you 4 weeks but sorry it is gonna be 2 and half months?

Original review: May 9, 2018

Consumers do yourself a favor a avoid Jennifer leather. I purchased the Riley chocolate brown leather set, I have had nothing but problems with peeling, sinking cushions, it is a real mess. I contacted the so called customer service dept, they sent someone out as a so called courtesy to fix the cushions, but stated that peeling is not covered!!! After purchasing the so called lifetime warranty!!! I would not recommend Jennifer to anyone, they are a ripoff!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchased a dining room table on President's Day (February 19th). We were told there would be a 2-4 week delivery window. Long story short, we are not nearly 12 weeks later. I will be sharing the whole experience with everyone I know and contacting headquarters at this point.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought two mattresses form the store. The salesperson was a very nice young man. Although very inexperienced and not knowledgeable on products.

I was supposed to get a phone call the following day, it never happened. I have called the store on 2 occasions and They are giving me the runaround and I am not getting any dates on when my order will be delivered. I have a deadline to have them by!! This is the most unprofessional store I have ever dealt with! I finally did get a callback when we left my husbands name to get a callback. Problem is being worked on and hopefully solved. I am not sure why it is so difficult to give a narrower time frame for delivery?

Original review: April 21, 2018

We ordered an expensive sofa three months back with proper recommendation by the salesperson and assurance that the product is covered under warranty for everything for one year and we took the protection plan too to be safe. The sofa was delivered after one month with some weird smell and cushions were saggy and when this issue was taken to the sales, they forward me to customer service. The customer service people neither return calls nor pick up the phone. Their voicemail is full too so you have no chance to talk to them. My sofa is in bad condition in five months with bad fabric which is full of lint and doesn't even look like it's new. After calling them n number of times and explaining my situation n number of times, I'm still waiting for a senior person to take care of this. Please if you guys are active on social media and really listen to your customers, respond.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am warning you now not to waste your money, time, energy or sanity with this company. While it might be tempting to go stop in since it is one of the only larger furniture companies located in NYC you will regret it the minute you walk out. We ordered a couch and changed the fabric on the floor design. We were told the delivery would take 5 to 7 weeks maximum and that we would get a swatch in the mail of our fabric. We were also told that the company delivers any day during the week in NYC.

After 5 weeks and no swatch of fabric and no communication on estimated delivery, we called our salesman. They told us they could not give us an estimated time but would call back in a week. Spoiler alert. They never called and they will never call you back if you ever reach out for information on your order. We later found out that the salesman and store grossly mishandled the sale, did not input the order in their system until a week after we were in the store, NEVER called us about a fabric issue and 9 WEEKS LATER could not give us a delivery date. On Friday they told us two more weeks, and then on Saturday they told us another month! They charged my card on February 16, 2018, yet had no delivery or update to provide the customer on 4/17/2018.

On top of their negligent behavior they are rude and unprofessional. The sales team has no regard for customer service or concern. They will blow you off, avoid your calls and treat you with no respect, as a paying customer. After all of their negligence, the most they would offer us was free shipping and still no delivery date. Don't waste your time, the leadership of this company is deplorable and fraudulent. Go to Ashley Furniture, it is a short Uber or train from NYC to Secaucus. We went in on a Sunday and will have the couch on the following Wednesday.

Jennifer Convertibles expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shop living room, bedroom, dining and office furniture online or at Home Store locations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Specializes in sofa beds.

• Guarantee: Covers wood frame construction, upholstery fabric, seams, seat cushion cores, springs, bed and recliner mechanisms, mattresses and tables for 1 year.

• Membership: Elite membership available for corporate accounts.

• Refund Policy: Purchases can only be canceled before they are delivered.

• Delivery: Drivers will deliver, set up and assemble new furniture.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs