Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Jennifer Convertibles

Great feedback, Randi. We genuinely appreciate it and glad to hear how pleased you are!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

The Arthur sofa bed sectional that we got from Jennifer Convertibles was great. We absolutely love it. The manager who had sold it to me was very helpful. He really assisted the saleswoman whom I spoke to on the phone first. She was very helpful, too. And because it was going in a basement, she recommended that we have the upholsterer, from the start, come to the delivery which was extra money but it was well-spent.

I got the item delivered and it was great. The delivery man was lovely - called in advance but wasn’t sure when he would arrive because he had a lot of deliveries. It was on a Sunday. Then he made special accommodations for us because we were going out later in the day. He changed the schedules and got here on time. He said it would never have made it down the stairs and it’s a much more complicated process to deliver it. They have to return it and take it apart. So he was very reassuring and a positive and pleasant guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew about Jennifer Convertibles before, and they had exactly what I needed. I purchased a sectional couch, which I needed for the holiday after Thanksgiving. The sales reps were very helpful. I called back the gentleman that was there to inquire about the price because later on that week I saw that it was cheaper. He promised to give me the difference, so I really appreciated that. The only problem I had was that I wanted a certain color, so it was a little bit disheartening that I couldn't get it. I didn’t have time to wait for that color and I'm pretty sure that if I can find the time it would have been perfect. But it's just the nature of how things are, and I still like the color that I got.

My experience is poor! Jennifer Convertibles is pure junk. Don't waste your time. We bought a motorized sofa convertible and it has fallen apart in less than 18 months. Chinese junk. Poor quality. Poor craftsmanship. Stay away from this stuff. They stole our money.

I ordered a leather sofa set from your company. I called and was told that the cushions were removable, that it was made in America and that it had springs not webbing so based on that information I went ahead and ordered the furniture. When it arrived there was discolored water in the bag and that spilled on my floors. Upon further inspection I found that the cushions on the sofas were attached. I emailed the next day to inform them of the incorrect information I was given. I called and asked to speak to a manager. Your manager would not allow me to speak and yelled at me and gave me ridiculous reason to why it was that way. He would not speak to my husband and hung up on us. I have been told numerous times that someone would contact me within 24 to 48 hrs. I am lucky if I don't have to call because it has been 4 to 7 days.

When I got a hold of customer service I was told they do not accept returns long distance which was never disclosed at the time of sale or delivery. Meyel ** was who I spoke to and that she always takes at least 4 days to get back to you. So they don't have to accept a return. I can see why you do not leave the New York area with this kind of customer service. I will never recommend your company based upon this experience. As of this date I still have not received a response about how to deal with this issue.

We bought a loveseat from Jennifer convertibles two years ago. Soon after we got it the cushions started sinking. Great. I email the company & tell them. Someone from a service center called me to make an appointment to come take a look. Ok, good. He comes and orders a new cushion. We put it in & the zipper breaks on the cushion. A cushion that doesn't come off by the way. And it didn't help anyway, it was more than the cushion. I email them again. Same guys comes & says, "It's more than the cushions. I'm going to order you the right part."

The next week two cushions come. So by this time I'm fed up & accept that this is going nowhere. We bought this loveseat from them because we have an eleven year old sectional from them that is great still. I thought this loveseat was a on the expensive side but wanted something that was a good quality. Clearly the company isn't the same as it used to be. I guess we'll be going somewhere else. So my advice is to purchase anything like this with your American Express card, (which we didn't do). So at least someone will be there to help you instead of playing games.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

I found a huge tear in the back of my bedroom furniture. It was from delivery or before it was delivered. I called the store, the main customer service line and the credit card number. 3 months later nothing done about it. Not resolved. NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles gave us a good deal, and there was no tax. We also knew about them for years, so we figured we’d try them. We purchased some leather couches from them, with the incliner in it. We had leather before and we only had it for about four years then it turned in color so we asked their rep if it's bonded leather, and he said no. We had it delivered and the crew was nice. We would recommend Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have bought a sofa years ago from Jennifer Convertibles. I gave it to my daughter and she still has it and very happy with it, so I went back. I recently purchased accent furniture chest, a living room set and bedding. I knew what I wanted so I picked up exactly what I wanted. The delivery crew was very nice. They went on and beyond because I had purchased bedding and I didn't get the headboard. They set everything up. They were very courteous and helpful and it was pouring rain so they put a sheet down. They were very solicitous as to not trapping up the home.

I had a very good experience and I am very happy with my purchase. I get some compliments but sadly, the colors were faded and I should have gotten the coding on the sofa. It was a very nice experience. Better than shopping for a car. A couple of people asked where did I get the beautiful furniture and I've told them, "Jennifer Convertibles."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was very good. I liked what I saw from them so I purchased a recliner and it's very comfortable. Their salesman was exceedingly helpful and the delivery crew was very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was quite reasonably priced than the others when we looked around. We bought a sofa set from them and I like that they're recliners. They're comfortable. Everything was okay with my experience with Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles is a well-known company. I looked online and they seemed to be the best for my needs. The only issue I had was the day before the delivery, I got a phone call from someone confirming my delivery time and it was totally different from what I had agreed upon with the customer service sales force at the store. They were giving me an afternoon delivery when I specifically asked for a morning delivery. I told the woman on the phone, “That’s not correct. I do need the morning delivery. If it’s going to be an issue, please call me back.” She never called me back.

The next day, I was supposed to have a delivery between 9:00 and 12:00. The delivery came at 2:00, so I had to cancel all the meetings I had arranged in another state. Whoever called me to confirm the delivery was terrible, a total idiot. I made that confirmation two weeks in advance but delivery ruined my day. Other than that, everything else was wonderful. My recent purchases were a coffee table and a TV console. I also love their electric fireplace. I like the quality of the products. Moreover, I enjoyed working with the sales representatives. They were great like the delivery crew, who was fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a bed frame from Jennifer Convertibles and we like the whole thing. It was the style my daughter was looking for and they happen to have it. The man we dealt with in the store was very nice. I spoke with him a couple of times and he was very easy to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had bought a couch and an oversized chair a couple of years ago from Jennifer Convertibles and I was very pleased with that. It was made in America and very durable. I also like the variety of the selection of furniture that they had. It wasn't like the run-of-the-mill, same style like every place I go. So I decided when I was looking for a loveseat and couch for my dad, to go back there. I found something I liked and they were running a special that week. I was able to get zero percent interest financing for a couple of years, so the experience was all very good. Their sales rep was also great and patient. I got the sofa delivered several weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. I have recommended them and a friend of mine just bought a couch and loveseat from them also.

I purchased a Jennifer Convertible "bonded" leather sofa a few years ago. I paid around $1500 for it. Within a short amount of time it started to peel horribly. No, I don't have any pets, & my daughter is a big kid so one one was scratching at it. I was told that they actually spray their leather on. My advice to anyone buying a leather couch is to make sure that it is cowhide leather through & through, not bonded or sprayed on. I called Jennifer Convertible customer service & they informed me that my warranty had run out. They offered me a 20% coupon to use on any future purchased, but I doubt that I'll ever shop there again. I would highly recommend their extended warranty plan if purchasing from them because there's a high probably you'll need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles had the style of the bed that I was looking for. My salesperson, Nelson, was also an absolutely awesome guy. He was phenomenal with helping us find what we were looking for and searching for things online for us. We got the bed delivered and the delivery team was also very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a sofa, a loveseat, and a chair from Jennifer Convertibles. I've been looking for a specific color and Jennifer Convertibles was the only place I found it from. The items were also very nice cost-wise and met my budget very well. Their sales rep, Mario, waited on and was excellent. He explained about all the products and how they worked. I plan on going back there and doing more shopping.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've always purchased through Jennifer Convertibles and we've always been happy with the products. Recently, we purchased a sectional. The design consultation we had with them was one of the reasons why we purchased. Moreover, the product cost and quality are exceptional. The sales rep was very helpful and customer service friendly. He was a good salesman. We had the product delivered, and the delivery crew were very efficient and clean. The experience was pleasurable and very easy, and we will be utilizing that store again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There's an area where we live that has a strip of furniture stores. When my fiancé and I were looking for furniture, we went down to the area and bought a bedroom set and a TV stand with a fireplace in it from Jennifer Convertibles. We really love the color of the furniture and the mattress is great. Everything was just perfect. When we walked in, we saw a set that we liked and we went from there. We really like the quality of their product. Their rep was really nice and very helpful. The only issue was the ordering. It took almost 12 weeks for us just to get a night stand. But their delivery team was always so nice. They put everything together which is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I usually buy at Bob's Store but Jennifer Convertibles Farmingdale is right across from the store and I happened to like what they had. I bought a dining room set and their sales rep and delivery team were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We saw a Jennifer Convertibles sofa bed that looked appealing and with satisfactory size. In fact, what I like most about this sofa bed is the size. We set up delivery and had an excellent experience with that. Right now I'm waiting for a sample of the fabric that we chose which I had requested but have not received yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a sofa bed from Jennifer Convertibles recently and their price is a little bit lower than other stores. The couch is comfortable but I can't believe how uncomfortable the bed is. You can lay on a bed, sit on the couch and it doesn't matter in the store. When you get it to your house and you're on it every day, that's when you know what the quality it really is.

I made a purchase over at the Scarsdale, NY location on 4/02/2016. First let me say I was recommended by my family who have made previous purchases in the past. We were welcomed Sam (sales rep). We informed Sam of the type of couch and fabric (bonded leather $2500). Sam said it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to manufacture. I informed Sam I would like the couch to have the big chair on the left when I am sitting on it. Also stated, "That means if you are looking at the couch walking to it, the big chair would be on the right." He said, "No problem, we can order it the way you would like it." We were also informed that since we paid a certain amount we are entitled to a free matching ottoman.

On the day of the delivery my wife received the couch and she called me immediately. Within 30 minutes I arrived home to see the couch was ordered wrong and when I took a flashlight to inspect it, I found a rip/tear, faded spot, and the cushions look like the thread was going to rip. I immediately called Sam at the Scarsdale location and he said he will follow up. He then explained to me that there will be another schedule delivery to pick up and replace the couch I received but it will take an additional 4-6 weeks. I received a phone call from a gentleman who wanted to schedule a day. I asked him what is this schedule for? (I was thinking it was for the pick up damaged couch and delivery of our new couch). He informed me it was just to inspect it. We are livid, and want Jennifer Convertibles to pick up this damaged couch and would like our money back.

When I called customer service they told me to take pictures and send them through email. Till this day I have not received a phone call or a response to my email. I am about to call my family and friends and boycott this location for as long as I can. The diagram they drawn only shows the couch as an L. You would think the big chair would go next to it. I believe I have been patient...

When I walked into the Jennifer Convertibles store, I liked the bedroom set they had which I got for my mother. It wasn't too expensive - they had the special promotion and there also was no tax at that time. I love the furniture. The manager was really nice when I had the design consultation. The delivery people were the best as well. They were quick and took out all the garbage. Jennifer Convertibles is a great company.

I've bought furniture from Jennifer Convertibles before. They were great. We love them. Recently, we bought a couch, a coffee table, and two end tables. I love them all. The couch makes my room, and the end tables makes my other room. Their price is also very reasonable - it was the best. Others were around $4000 to $5000. Additionally, their sales rep was amazing. He made sure that we found exactly what we wanted. We had a small little area and he made sure that he could get a sectional that would fit in that area.

I like to shop local so I purchased a sleeper sofa from Jennifer Convertibles. I got it instore and their sales reps were very helpful. I had no problem at all. The item was delivered on time. They brought it right in and put it together quickly. I like that it fits in the room. It was the right color and it has a memory foam mattress.

We were driving on a post road in Orange when we saw a Jennifer Convertibles store. My mom or my sister had heard about it. We purchased a loveseat from them in-store. It was very reasonably priced. We were there on a tax-free weekend so the promotions really helped. It was worth the price that we paid for it. Also, it's very comfortable and I like the overall look.

The sales reps were very polite and they answered all of our questions. They helped us out, and we got in and out very quickly. The delivery guys were very quick and helpful too. They called us 20 minutes out, so we knew that they were on their way. They got the couch in and handled everything correctly. There were no damages. They set everything up for us and then they were on their way. Their reps contacted us too to check on our purchase and to make sure we were satisfied. Overall, I really like everything that’s available at Jennifer Convertibles. They're very simple and I like the design of all the different couches. I would definitely recommend Jennifer Convertibles.

My boyfriend and I initially wanted to buy two furniture at Jennifer Convertibles that’s in the clearance center in Bay Ridge. Unfortunately, when my boyfriend and I told the salesman that we wanted the chaise lounge that was on clearance and another love seat that goes with the sofa that we already have in the house, he made an unwarranted opinion and unsolicited remark about the sofa that we already had that we wanted to buy the love seat for. He asked if I could cook, which honestly is none of his business. I was so offended by that that we went and purchased the love seat at a separate location.

We went back to Bay Ridge and spoke to the manager because we really wanted the chaise lounge that was on clearance for $600 or $700. We got it for about $200 or a bit less because the store applied an additional discount for our inconvenience. We picked up the chaise lounge ourselves because it was a clearance item but the love seat was delivered to us. Everything came great so far.

I bought what was advertised as a leather sofa from a Jennifer Convertibles furniture store seven years ago. There was a one year guarantee. Within two years, the sofa started to peel, shedding pieces of "leather" on one's clothes and the carpet underneath. I called the store, which had closed, and then called their number for customer service several times, but was put on hold unattended literally for several hours. No one ever responded to my calls and messages. After this experience, I did some research to discover that many others have had the same experience.

The sofas fraudulently advertised as "leather" were not in fact, leather, and would peel inevitably only after the one-year guarantee had expired. The materials were cheap and fraudulently advertised. The customer service awful, and as a consumer or an interior designer, one should never buy from this company. I give zero stars for this company. If you want to buy quality leather furniture, go to West Elm, Crate & Barrel, or Pottery Barn.

Because of their pricing, we bought black leather couches from the Jenifer Convertibles in Orange, Connecticut. There was a $69.99 promotion that they took off. The couches came as defective items when they were delivered, but I am really happy that they are willing to either do an even exchange or change it for something else, and we’re in a process of that. They didn’t give us a hard time or said that they’re going to fix it. In fact, they were going to come out to put two new cushions, but I told them I didn’t want that. They’re supposed to be brand new couches and I don’t want pieces added on when they’re brand new. They went on my side, so we were pleased with that.

I bought a slipcover to cover the furniture that I bought last year. It was a replacement for furniture that I purchased from Jennifer Convertibles, so I just went with the same one that I had. It was 30% or 20% off at the time and it's good.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Profile