Jennifer Convertibles

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

2.6/5 (836 ratings)

About Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Jennifer Convertibles Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: March 29, 2022

I ordered a sofa in October 2021. I was told it would be delivered December 2021. It was not, there were multiple dates given and no furniture, I was flying from NY to Florida and purchasing tickets to receive this furniture and so it was costing me money. When this was escalated to another manager it was told that the order was not placed properly. We placed a dispute with the financing company as i would not pay for something that wasn't even ordered. We eventually received a sofa in January and it was the wrong one and it was dirty!! I agreed to just keep the one they sent .

The company said they would send a service team out to check the sofa on Feb 11th, no one came. They promised us another set of slip covers and an ottoman free of charge. the ottoman came with a busted leg and the slipcovers have still not come. We have multiple texts and pictures of all of this and now the manager is ignoring us. I paid 5000$ and I want something done about this company and its horrific service for all this aggravation and it's still not resolved.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I purchased a sofa sectional With the pull out bed on April 2017, I paid approximately 2300. By November 2021 the entire couch is peeling in the seams headrest and cushions. I contacted Guardsman Protection Plan and they told me this was not covered. This was a defect issue but I need to contact the company Jennifer Convertibles. I’ve been trying to contact someone at Jennifer Convertibles complaint department. No one answers the phone for the last three days. I think it’s a shame that such a large company who people counted on to sell them quality furniture has Abandon their customers. This company has to be held accountable and exposed.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Ordered a dining table with 6 chairs back in May. Received in August which was fine. When delivery people came and was setting up table I noticed few scratches and they state, "Oh that's ok. They will take care of it. Just take pictures." Seats also have some scratches. As they left we open extension part as to where the middle was cracked. Horrible. I immediately called manufacturer and sent all pictures.

The furniture store customer service is horrible. Spoke with someone. Won't mention name. Was nasty. Stated, "Oh I will not refund you. I said, "Why not?" He said, "Because I won't." I stated, "I was told this table was Italian. Come to see the table made in China. Poor quality. Not worth the price they charged!" He stated, "Oh I will give you credit or exchange after all." I said I don't want another table. He proceed to say, "Oh I will get letter together and have my account send to you." Days went by. Still all same then received a letter whereas to, "You are not allowed to claim or stop payment with credit card." Till this day I'm still fight and table and chairs are still here. That being said I don't want to purchase anything now, But want my money Back.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

This is a nightmare! I purchased a sectional sleeper and 2 recliners for $4,888.00 in February 2021 at the Carle Place, NY location. The saleslady Cynthia told me it would take up to 16 weeks for delivery. I never heard anything from them so I followed up in July and was given a run-around and then finally informed the fabric was out of stock. After asking to change the fabric to something in stock, I was then told the components for the recliner were on backorder but they were hoping the furniture would be ready for me in the middle of July. I asked for a refund and was told I could not get my money back because they have already started manufacturing my furniture.

Once again time goes on and I never hear back from them. I called to check on the status on August 23, 2021, and they had no updated information to give me at first until I just asked for a refund again. They had Fred who must be the Manager call me back with suddenly new changing information that my furniture should be arriving at their Warehouse in 2 days which was Wednesday and Friday I will be receiving a call to schedule delivery. I was very upset that Fred told me he could not give me a refund because the furniture is on its way to a NY Warehouse and delivery should be in another week. Well, I received no call from them on Friday regarding scheduling delivery and decided to call them myself. Now the story changes and I was told it's the weekend and somebody should most likely call me next week.

They will not continue to string me along with stories and have run out of time with me. I have been reasonable and patient enough. I refuse to accept any more excuses and need to take them to small claims court because Fred is refusing to cough up my refund. Keep the furniture and give me my money back. Stop the lies to customers about untrue delivery timeframes and be honest so that they will better know what to expect. After reading all the complaints, the furniture is not good quality or worth the wait.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Jennifer delivered a bedroom set on 3/29 (first delivery). The dresser and one nightstand was damaged and we refused delivery. I've been to the Carle Place store 3 times to no avail then contacted corporate. A woman named Victoria assured me that she would have this resolved. I specifically said that I wanted a new piece and not refurbished, and I asked that the dresser be inspected before leaving the warehouse. She assured me that it would be a new piece and it would be inspected before leaving the warehouse. Victoria also said she would see if it could be expedited.

Delivery #2 on June 24, 2021, the dresser was not packaged properly. Damaged again. The staples connecting the seam on the back of the dresser was damaged and the wood was was peeling on the bottom right side. It was a refurbished item. Again I call corporate. Victoria said again that the dresser would be a new piece, inspected at the warehouse and expedited. I put 3 more calls into Victoria with no response. Delivery #3 on July 20, 2021-dresser damaged again! I could not believe it! I called Victoria and left a message. What do I have to do to get my Furniture? Sue you? Go to the president of the company? What? I have not heard back from her or the company. I am so disgusted with this company!!! I literally don't know what else to do. I hate this company and would NEVER buy from them again! I would NEVER REFER anyone to Jennifer Furniture!

Original review: May 25, 2021

Ordered and paid for sectional couch on March 25, 2021. Was told 4-6 weeks. Have had to constantly contact the company for updates. Finally got an update in April that said delivery would be last week of May. Haven't heard anything, so I contact them today, and was told October. So 7 months? And then maybe? I realize that things are taking longer with the pandemic, but this is horrible customer service. I should have been notified about the change in delivery if it was in fact ever ordered. I have no confidence in this company and would not recommend them. Now let's see if they refund my money or if that will be another battle.

Original review: March 4, 2021

I purchased sofa and love seat paid for full 3 years warranty, I called 1 year after purchase small rip on leather cushion, they did not fix or replace. 5 years later larger rip plus multiple other problems.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan Review: I bought a sectional couch from Jennifer Furniture (now out of business) less than two years ago. Less than a year after the purchase I noticed the integrity of the cushions has become progressive worse, nearly flat. This is with completely normal usage, no kids, a hour a or so day at max. I paid $200 for a protection plan that I purchased in store at Jennifer Furniture. The salesperson in the store told me in his own words "if anything goes wrong with this couch you are covered for five years, they will either repair it or give you a credit if it can't be fixed". A year and a half after purchasing the couch and plan I put in a claim for the the above described situation. Guardsman first denied my claim to repair the couch citing the terms and conditions and that my damage isn't covered. Below is why this was such a horrible experience.

To begin with, when purchasing the couch in a retail showroom and receiving the terms and conditions after the purchase of the couch and the plan how could I possibly know that something of this nature wouldn't be covered? Secondly, how would I know this was going to happen to the couch? Therefore, why would I look to see if this type of damage was going to be in the terms and conditions. And again keep in mind the salesperson told me with confidence that everything is covered. So ok Guardsman, you don't want to repair or replace my couch, fair enough. I just wanted a refund of the $200 I paid. This plan is useless to me if doesn't cover the problem I'm having.

I called Guardsman and their customer service reps are downright rude and disinterested in helping me. The reps told me to send in my receipt to the their "Refund Department" so I did. Fast forward a few weeks later and their refund department sent me a three sentence letter telling me that I need to read the terms and conditions again and my problem is not covered. Again, as I said above I didn't see the protection plan terms and conditions until after I bought the couch and plan. And again why would I anticipate I would have this problem with my couch, I never owned a couch that fell apart like this before.

Finally, I called Guardsman one last time after receiving the denial of my refund request, and another rude unhelpful customer service rep told me basically "too bad for you" the refund department said no and that's it, "You're out of luck buddy. We won't help you." To summarize this company will take your money and give you nothing in return. There's no one to speak to when you need management to step in to address a situation. So do yourself a favor. Save your money and say no to their protection plans.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Worst furniture ever it has been 5 months without any answer, my furniture was delivered with damages, broken with scratches and the replacement they sent was worst I paid cash they refused to give me my money back, and since then nobody has reached to me, there is no valid phone to call someone. Called the protection plan I bought guardsman and the denied my claim. I just feel they stole my money. Would never recommend to buy in any of these stores.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My furniture was supposed to be exchange back in March. Due to the covid-19. I received an email that the store would be closing until further notice. I do understand this but as of July (since no-one is answering their phone lines) or even prior to July they seem to be still selling and shipping furniture but I am unable to reach a anyone to find out the status of furniture. This is ridiculous and very unprofessional. They could at least respond via email and provide an update. I feel like they are acting as if this transaction never happened.

Jennifer Convertibles author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shop living room, bedroom, dining and office furniture online or at Home Store locations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Specializes in sofa beds.

• Guarantee: Covers wood frame construction, upholstery fabric, seams, seat cushion cores, springs, bed and recliner mechanisms, mattresses and tables for 1 year.

• Membership: Elite membership available for corporate accounts.

• Refund Policy: Purchases can only be canceled before they are delivered.

• Delivery: Drivers will deliver, set up and assemble new furniture.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Information