Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Jennifer Convertibles

Great feedback, Randi. We genuinely appreciate it and glad to hear how pleased you are!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

The Arthur sofa bed sectional that we got from Jennifer Convertibles was great. We absolutely love it. The manager who had sold it to me was very helpful. He really assisted the saleswoman whom I spoke to on the phone first. She was very helpful, too. And because it was going in a basement, she recommended that we have the upholsterer, from the start, come to the delivery which was extra money but it was well-spent.

I got the item delivered and it was great. The delivery man was lovely - called in advance but wasn’t sure when he would arrive because he had a lot of deliveries. It was on a Sunday. Then he made special accommodations for us because we were going out later in the day. He changed the schedules and got here on time. He said it would never have made it down the stairs and it’s a much more complicated process to deliver it. They have to return it and take it apart. So he was very reassuring and a positive and pleasant guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew about Jennifer Convertibles before, and they had exactly what I needed. I purchased a sectional couch, which I needed for the holiday after Thanksgiving. The sales reps were very helpful. I called back the gentleman that was there to inquire about the price because later on that week I saw that it was cheaper. He promised to give me the difference, so I really appreciated that. The only problem I had was that I wanted a certain color, so it was a little bit disheartening that I couldn't get it. I didn’t have time to wait for that color and I'm pretty sure that if I can find the time it would have been perfect. But it's just the nature of how things are, and I still like the color that I got.

After a year and a half my sofa and love seat leather furniture looks like they are 10 yrs old. We've been noticing that it began to sag and getting a discoloration. Wow top grain leather!!! Upon letting them know about the problem, all they did was brush us away from one call to another but going nowhere, oh and mind you we took a protection plan costing me 260.00 dollars for guardsman company to take care of future tear and wear. Finally, nothing was ever done and they through a customer to the curve. WHEN PURCHASING WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE BEWARE. BAD BUSINESS TO GIVE YOUR MONEY AWAY.

We purchased a 9 piece dining set in March 2016. It was an Ashley product and did not wear well at all. The finish on the top peeled and the legs on the table and chairs began breaking. In Feb 2017, I contacted my salesman, Felix ** in Orange, CT. He sent someone out to look at the set and then offered an exchange. I was able to go into the store and pick out a different set and have it delivered. The experience was remarkably easy and Felix was wonderful to deal with.

I purchased sectional sofa in San Francisco Jennifer Convertibles store 3 years ago for 2500$, plus 3 years extended warranty for this sofa. During 6 months after the purchase I called repair service 7 times (almost every month). The sofa was built so bad that it almost fall apart. Now after 3 years I just paid financing credit off but the funny thing I don't even own this sofa anymore, I just threw this crap away a year ago. But probably the most disgusting thing about this company was that at some point they told me that one piece of this sectional sofa cannot be repaired and they were going to refund me that piece only (one piece costed around 300$). Ok, fine, that made sense so I agreed to accept this refund of 300$, but later it turned that I lost my warranty for the whole sofa because of this refund. This is not what we agreed on with company representative and that was so disgusting cheating.

I attached several images which I took 1 month later after the delivery of this sofa. I'd like to emphasize it was brand new sofa. The funny thing is that in a half a year after the purchase after several visits of repairman and several attempts to fix this sofa they finally sent me a document saying that wasn't factory defect (attached) and happened because of regular wear.

Now in my family every time we mean "bad company" we say "Jennifer Convertibles". Because of multiple negative feedbacks from its customers they have closed business in California, so I wish this company to close all stores nationwide and get out of business completely. It is not American company. It's just gang of cheaters.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Need to get exception to swap couch out. I am writing on behalf of my 90-year-old mother, who accepted delivery of a couch that did not fit the room. I won't go into the entire story because it is not yet done. The one star is for customer service. I have called more numbers than anyone should have to, gotten more "Press 1" and no live people available to speak to. Manager of the store has given me such a run-around, claims to have contacted his manager. His manager hasn't reached out to me. I will update this based on getting the problem resolved through a live person. My mom lives in an adult community of 1000+ people, and she will let everyone know how great - or horrible - her experience with the company was.

I purchased a sleep sofa from one of JENNIFER Furniture's CT stores this past Labor Day weekend. I really liked the look of the sofa & the bonus was that they had a Labor Day sale going on. I waited the amount of time they indicated for delivery & was very excited when I received notification that the sofa was ready. The delivery men were very prompt, polite & efficient. However, I noticed a tear in the fabric in one of the arms- I called the store & was told to call their customer service #. From that point on this has been a horrible experience!

Here we are almost 5 months later & my sofa has not been fixed. Every call I've made to Jennifer's customer service dept. has been a negative experience. First they said they'd send someone to look at the sofa, which they did. I was told they'd order new fabric for the arm & send it to me, and then send someone to fix it. It took over a month to get the fabric & a couple of weeks for someone to come do the repair. When the repair man started working he pointed out that the batting fabric attached to the sofa fabric was a different color than the original. When the sofa is open it would be noticeable & look like I bought it at a fire sale. He took pics & said we'd have to reorder the arm fabric w/ the correct batting.

I called JENNIFER customer service again & got a very rude man on the phone, so asked to speak to the manager. She was not much more polite than the man & couldn't understand my problem since the batting fabric was inside. I told her that my options were to make it right, or return the sofa. She said she'd contact her parts dept. & see what they could do. I asked her to call me back & let me know the status, which she agreed to do. I never heard from her, so I called back & left a voicemail for her. She did return my call & said she never said she'd call me back, but was now going to order new fabric for the opposite arm, so they both match.

I wish I had read all these reviews before doing business w/ JENNIFER Furniture, since there is so much negative feedback about them. However, I am now 5 months into this process & by the time I get the arm fabric it will be 6 months. If this does not solve the problem I will definitely be returning the sofa. And either way, I will never do business w/ Jennifer's again!

Purchased a new couch from this vendor on 11/18/16 and had it delivered on 11/27/16. The couch arrived and was assembled by the delivery service. Once completed the couch was placed in the room and once the service left we left for 2 days. Upon our return we sat on the couch and noticed the next day that a tear appeared in one of the cushions. We went to the store the next day and was informed that they don't handle complaints and was handed a number to call. We called their customer service number and was treated unprofessionally when speaking with their phone representative. The issue was explained and we were questioned how the couch was used and if it's possible we caused the damage.

At that point we asked to speak to someone in supervision and were told that we would have to wait for a return call. Finally after a day or two someone called back with a much better demeanor and it was explained that we barely used the couch and owned it less than a week. They informed us that they would have to send a third party to our home to assess the damage. Although not thrilled with adding another layer to this we agreed. We finally received a call only to find out it would be 4-5 weeks before someone could come by. We had no choice and waited a little over a month for an appointment. On the day of the appointment someone showed up without any indication of when they would arrive.

He came in and looked at the damage, stated it was poor workmanship and he would have to order replacement material. We were informed it could take weeks to get and it would come to us directly. We were also informed we would have to call them again, schedule time for them to come and repair. We told them we want to return the couch since this has become unacceptable. He informed us with a smirk and said "it ain't happening". It's been over two weeks without any word of follow up. The unit continues to sit in a room unused and we are embarrassed to invite anyone over and sit in the area. They should be accountable.

I purchased a sofa in Aug of 2013. Along with purchasing the sofa, it was suggested that I purchase the extra protection (5 year plan) which I did purchase. In Nov. the seat casings near the seam started to peel and one of the seat casings appears to have a tear on it (which incidentally should be covered). After taking the time to take pictures of the sofa and seat casings and mailing the documentation required, I get an email telling me this is not covered in the protection plan. It clearly states in the pamphlet provided to me, that it is. I called the company Guardsman to discuss this matter and did not receive any satisfaction. Apparently, Jennifer Convertible sells these plans, recommends this plan and when you need to use the plans, you are told it is not covered. This is truly a scam. Jennifer Convertible just lost which used to be a satisfied customer.

We ordered the entire Lydia set with 2 three drawer nightstands. When our order was delivered it didn't include the two nightstand and had a damaged Mirror that we had to return. Not only were we not told of this but if we didn't call we would of never gotten anything. After speaking to many people who were the "Manager" we finally were able to get the drawers plus a new non-damaged mirror sent to us. (This was only after we stated we would like to return it all and after over a month of calling weekly.) In this phone call we were told that for our troubles we would get reimbursed at least the shipping fee ($200) and they would let us know if we would get more for the inconvenience. We never heard back and still haven't received the $200 + credit that was promised to us.

I am writing this here because dealing with the store hasn't worked. We ordered this in November of last year and I am still waiting. I would like to have this credit back to my account since we have spent over $4,000 dollars on your furniture. We waited a month for 3 pieces of the furniture and have just been tossed around from "Manager" to "Manager". It's really disheartening because we really like your furniture and planned on going back.

I purchased a sofa bed and love seat from Jennifer Convertibles in Totowa, NJ almost two years ago, shortly thereafter the set was discontinued. The pillows on the sofa bed constantly sink down into the frame making the seating very uncomfortable. I began by going back to the store and addressing it with the manager who sold me the set, he gave me little satisfaction and therefore I began to pursue this with a regional manager who took weeks to get back to me and then offered me nothing to rectify the situation. In the meantime, we used the sofa bed for the second time only to find that the bed is on a complete angle which made it more uncomfortable to say the least.

I called the store manager again and he gave little support as usual. I then put in a call to the regional manager again but as expected he never returned my call. I have found the furniture to be of very poor quality as it is gently used and it seems like the attitude of the company is you bought it you own it regardless of quality and they have demonstrated to have little concern for customer satisfaction. I would avoid making any purchases with this company as their attitude is not to stand behind their products and the customer service is less than respectable. I have never dealt with a company who had less regard for the concerns of a consumer as there are so many companies available who value the business of their clients and work hard to make situations right. This obviously is not the attitude of Jennifer Convertibles.

I purchased a lift up coffee table and it was delivered on 12-13-16 within 2 weeks. While opening the lift up portion of the table the whole face of table came off. It had been put together with staples and glue. I called Customer Service and it took 20 minutes to get someone on the phone who told me that someone would call me to set up appointment, waited 2 days and when no one called I called again. This time I waited 30 minutes to speak with company rep who said it could take up to 5 days for someone to call me back. I would not recommend this company as they only want to take your money not service their customers in a timely manner.

Jennifer Convertibles doesn't stand by their product. I bought a recliner sofa and loveseat. After one month of use, the sofa seats at the ends started to lean outward. They have sent the repair contractor 3 times, each time the mechanical parts are replaced and last about two months before it is back to leaning, the loveseat is separating. We have told Jennifer Convertibles we wanted a replacement for both units as it has been just under 1 year and they said it is normal wear. What type of couch and loveseat that you spends thousands of dollars on, can't stand normal use and fall apart in a couple of months of use after it was originally bought and after each "repair". The reports of poor quality furniture from Jennifer Convertibles still remain. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

Do not purchase the warranty and the leather products. My entire sleep sofa peeled. I totally wasted my $$$$. The warranty has in small print peeling not covered. I've had this sofa a few years and it was barely used or sat on. I will never purchase from them again.

Beware of buying from here. Shop until you find the same item somewhere else. They don't price match after delivery of the item. Bought item from Short Hills 688 Morris Turnpike, Short Hills, New Jersey 07078. Usually furniture stores does price match for 30 days.

Was delivered the wrong sofa and after waiting all day, the color was close to what we ordered so I accepted it. Sales person PROMISED a refund for the delivery. I will report you to the Better Business Bureau and will contest the purchase on my credit card.

After visiting a number of different furniture stores and sitting on a lot of different sofas, we purchased a sofa and settee from Jennifer Convertibles. It was delivered at the end of March. By June, the back cushions were misshapen and they needed to be plumped and turned every time someone sat down. Jennifer Convertibles sent out a technician who said the cushions could use more fill and he would recommend that to Jennifer Convertibles. 2 weeks later we got a letter from Jennifer Convertibles that the technician reported there was nothing wrong with our cushions.

I complained and they sent someone else from a different company. He said he would recommend to Jennifer Convertibles that more fill be added to the cushions. After 3 weeks I contacted Jennifer Convertibles and they told me the technician had said there was nothing wrong with our cushions. We now have a very expensive couch that looks horrible and is uncomfortable. I am dismayed that Jennifer Convertibles does not stand behind the products they sell. As a real estate agent, I now advise my clients to shop elsewhere when looking for a sofa. I expected more from this company.

I ordered a sofa in August. Literally 3 weeks later the couch was falling apart. Contacted customer service. After a few weeks they decided to give me a credit and pick up the sofa. Instead of purchasing another piece of garbage sofa, I decided to order a bedroom set, since they wouldn't give me a refund. Waited 4 weeks for the furniture to arrive. Truck came today with USED furniture!!! I don't know if it was returned or a floor sample but It was used!!! SCRATCHES and nicks everywhere. Pieces thrown into random boxes. Pieces all over the truck. Of course no one in customer service was around since my delivery came at 6:30pm. I would not recommend anyone buying anything from this company. Now I'm in my bedroom with no furniture and a mattress on the floor. I'm disgusted! And $1600 in the hole!!!

NEVER SHOP HERE!!! DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK! Waited 5 weeks for a couch. Finally I CALLED THEM to get an update and they told me that my couch was destroyed and they wouldn't offer me anything other than a refund because "corporate" said so. But corporate told me on the phone that only the sales manager could help. How is that possible? No apologies from them. No one ever contacted me. I had to call them EVERY time. Every sales manager gave me a different answer. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! DO NOT SHOP WITH SAM!

I purchased the Arthur 2 piece sectional sofa in the store along with the ottoman and insurance. The above couch mentioned was delivered on March 28, 2016. After a few uses we noticed the chaise lounge was squeaking loudly and the couch in the middle looked as if it was sinking inward. We called and had a technician in our home on July 1, 2016. He took apart the chaise lounge and said "these pieces of woods are warped, this needs replacing." He also stated everything else looked fine. I insisted he take a look at the other part of the couch because by just looking at it you could tell it looked as if it was sinking in. He opened it up and said, "The springs needed replacing" and that he would write it all up and we would hear back from the Claims Departments.

First issue is that he did not want to open up this part of the couch until I insisted. After assessing the couch and writing up his findings he asked my boyfriend to sign a document and I asked for a copy. He stated, "If I give you a copy it will void your policy." I have never in my life signed something and not receive a copy, I was furious and asked if I could take a picture of what was signed and he also said it would void my policy. I expressed major concern over this and I told my boyfriend it was a mistake to sign. He was not concerned about this.

This should be something that should be addressed for future customers. The outcome could have been different for us and being that we signed something without receiving a copy we could have signed something we did not want to sign. Also, as the technician was talking to Vincent (my boyfriend) I sat on the couch and he told me: "Don't sit there, the couch is broken." I asked: "Where should I sit?" The couch is broken and this is what I have in my living room to sit on until it is replaced. He pointed to the other end of the couch where it is sunk in. With all that being said it's 24 days and I am not able to sit on my couch since as the technician stated it's broken.

Vincent received a call from Meryl (roughly a week after the technician came to our home) at the claims Department stating that we were entitled to a replacement and to wait to hear back from the showroom with instructions/steps needed to take. We never heard from the show room. I called on July 19, 2016, (a week after we heard from the claims department and exactly 18 days after the tech was in our home) and spoke with Tim at (914) 472-7790 option 4. He stated to me that everything was fine and that we needed to wait for the approval from the manager and that we would get a call that week with the approval number. We never got a call.

On July 21, 2016, Vincent called again for an update. They stated that they had nothing in the system regarding this and that you needed a claim # from the claims department before moving forward. I then called the showroom on Friday at 6:11 pm and asked if they received anything from the claims department and that we were extremely upset with the process. They did not have any information.

I called the claims department as soon as we hung up and they were closed and would not reopen until today. Vincent and I went to the store and expressed our frustration and we selected a new couch. Unfortunately you were unable to process this since they still had not received the claim #. This is RIDICULOUS AND UNPROFESSIONAL. A company so big and in business for so long and we had to make numerous calls and complaints. We looked at several couches and we have decided to go with the gray smaller sectional.

I called the claims department at 516-504-3048 at 9:41 am the next morning and spoke with Meryl (luckily the same person who had processed this for us). She stated to me that she would get back to me with a claim # that she did not have one at this time and it seemed that "it just slipped through the cracks." She hoped to get back to me today if not tomorrow. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? How can this just slip through the cracks. We have done everything we were supposed to do. I reconfirmed with her that this was approved, and that I could get a replacement couch. She stated "yes they will take the couch and ottoman and that I could replace the couch with one of my choosing."

As you can imagine this is frustrating, time consuming and aggravating for us and I am sure for everyone involved. I cannot understand if it's approved what more do I need to do. The couch is defective. I am unable to have company because it's embarrassing to tell someone they cannot sit on our couch or that it squeaks. So after Mary the associate at the Scarsdale location placed the order she first told us the couch was in stock and it should just be a few days. Then she said 8 weeks. Now it's 10 weeks and still no couch. No response to not one email or phone call. We spoke to the district manager Sean ** and he has not reached out again. Mary the sales associate keeps telling us there is nothing she can do. I reached out the regional manager twice and still no call back.

I purchased some leather furniture from Jennifer Convertibles - a sleeper sofa and two recliners. I purchased them during July and in less than 3 months there are tears and marks with spots peeling. Also, I have never had furniture breakdown this rapidly at the seams. I was told that the warranty does not cover any of it. I regret making this purchase!!! Never again from this company!!!

My experience is poor! Jennifer Convertibles is pure junk. Don't waste your time. We bought a motorized sofa convertible and it has fallen apart in less than 18 months. Chinese junk. Poor quality. Poor craftsmanship. Stay away from this stuff. They stole our money.

I ordered a leather sofa set from your company. I called and was told that the cushions were removable, that it was made in America and that it had springs not webbing so based on that information I went ahead and ordered the furniture. When it arrived there was discolored water in the bag and that spilled on my floors. Upon further inspection I found that the cushions on the sofas were attached. I emailed the next day to inform them of the incorrect information I was given. I called and asked to speak to a manager. Your manager would not allow me to speak and yelled at me and gave me ridiculous reason to why it was that way. He would not speak to my husband and hung up on us. I have been told numerous times that someone would contact me within 24 to 48 hrs. I am lucky if I don't have to call because it has been 4 to 7 days.

When I got a hold of customer service I was told they do not accept returns long distance which was never disclosed at the time of sale or delivery. Meyel ** was who I spoke to and that she always takes at least 4 days to get back to you. So they don't have to accept a return. I can see why you do not leave the New York area with this kind of customer service. I will never recommend your company based upon this experience. As of this date I still have not received a response about how to deal with this issue.

We bought a loveseat from Jennifer convertibles two years ago. Soon after we got it the cushions started sinking. Great. I email the company & tell them. Someone from a service center called me to make an appointment to come take a look. Ok, good. He comes and orders a new cushion. We put it in & the zipper breaks on the cushion. A cushion that doesn't come off by the way. And it didn't help anyway, it was more than the cushion. I email them again. Same guys comes & says, "It's more than the cushions. I'm going to order you the right part."

The next week two cushions come. So by this time I'm fed up & accept that this is going nowhere. We bought this loveseat from them because we have an eleven year old sectional from them that is great still. I thought this loveseat was a on the expensive side but wanted something that was a good quality. Clearly the company isn't the same as it used to be. I guess we'll be going somewhere else. So my advice is to purchase anything like this with your American Express card, (which we didn't do). So at least someone will be there to help you instead of playing games.

I found a huge tear in the back of my bedroom furniture. It was from delivery or before it was delivered. I called the store, the main customer service line and the credit card number. 3 months later nothing done about it. Not resolved. NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles gave us a good deal, and there was no tax. We also knew about them for years, so we figured we’d try them. We purchased some leather couches from them, with the incliner in it. We had leather before and we only had it for about four years then it turned in color so we asked their rep if it's bonded leather, and he said no. We had it delivered and the crew was nice. We would recommend Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have bought a sofa years ago from Jennifer Convertibles. I gave it to my daughter and she still has it and very happy with it, so I went back. I recently purchased accent furniture chest, a living room set and bedding. I knew what I wanted so I picked up exactly what I wanted. The delivery crew was very nice. They went on and beyond because I had purchased bedding and I didn't get the headboard. They set everything up. They were very courteous and helpful and it was pouring rain so they put a sheet down. They were very solicitous as to not trapping up the home.

I had a very good experience and I am very happy with my purchase. I get some compliments but sadly, the colors were faded and I should have gotten the coding on the sofa. It was a very nice experience. Better than shopping for a car. A couple of people asked where did I get the beautiful furniture and I've told them, "Jennifer Convertibles."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was very good. I liked what I saw from them so I purchased a recliner and it's very comfortable. Their salesman was exceedingly helpful and the delivery crew was very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was quite reasonably priced than the others when we looked around. We bought a sofa set from them and I like that they're recliners. They're comfortable. Everything was okay with my experience with Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles is a well-known company. I looked online and they seemed to be the best for my needs. The only issue I had was the day before the delivery, I got a phone call from someone confirming my delivery time and it was totally different from what I had agreed upon with the customer service sales force at the store. They were giving me an afternoon delivery when I specifically asked for a morning delivery. I told the woman on the phone, “That’s not correct. I do need the morning delivery. If it’s going to be an issue, please call me back.” She never called me back.

The next day, I was supposed to have a delivery between 9:00 and 12:00. The delivery came at 2:00, so I had to cancel all the meetings I had arranged in another state. Whoever called me to confirm the delivery was terrible, a total idiot. I made that confirmation two weeks in advance but delivery ruined my day. Other than that, everything else was wonderful. My recent purchases were a coffee table and a TV console. I also love their electric fireplace. I like the quality of the products. Moreover, I enjoyed working with the sales representatives. They were great like the delivery crew, who was fast.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Profile