Jennifer Convertibles
2.41/5
Based on 586 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

894 Jennifer Convertibles Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying that this review is based on our most recent transaction. At some time in 2002/2003 we purchased a sofa/loveseat set that lasted us 15 years; this recent purchase was actually to replace the set we got in 2002. Unfortunately, what we received this time - delivery occurred about a month ago - was damaged, unusable furniture. The seats on the sofa and loveseat, the sofa is worse than the loveseat, sink so low that our knees hurt to use them... Not to mention that getting up of the furniture requires that you are in good physical condition because of all of the muscles that are engaged. It's horrible but, what's worse is that Jennifer won't provide us a product that is in new condition!

As required, we called Jennifer and waited about 8-10 days for a technician to come out and assess the furniture; his diagnosis: Collapsed Seats. Jennifer delivered broken furniture, that could not be used for its intended purpose and they don't want to make good on what they promise, furniture that is free of defects. To add insult to injury, Jennifer's version of 100% satisfaction guarantee is to have someone come to our home and install plywood and cushions into the furniture so that, at least, we can sit on it!!? This is criminal and very unfortunate. We will continue to be in contact with Jennifer Convertibles with the hopes that they will hold up their end of the deal.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

No communication when my order was put into back order. I thought everything was good, and now I am left with a 5 month pregnant wife sitting on folding chairs in my living room, because your store can't communicate shipping issues.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I recently made a purchase on 1/31 at the location on 6th avenue. I was informed to deliver could take up to 2-3 weeks but that typically the wait time would be less. After a 2 week period, I called the store to inquire about the status of the order and was told it would be another 2-3 weekend before I would receive my delivery. I have two issues here, one is the lack of customer service. Why wasn't I contacted to be informed? And how slick these salespeople are where they tell you all good things to make the sale then could care less about the outcome. The saddest part of this all is that my salesperson is not an employee but apparently the manager. This speaks volumes about the training of these individuals. I highly discourage purchasing from Jennifer's more so the Manhattan location. I would rate a zero had it been an option.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Mind you, we were fools to ever go back to Jennifer Convertibles after we were shafted the first time... never received our sofabed on the promised delivery date before the holidays! They knew we had company coming and could not care less about their false promise! A month later, we figured we'd give them a second chance... only to deal with even more heartache! The delivery company called to come earlier in the morning of date of the delivery, which we now know we never should have granted because the Jennifer Convertibles store was not open as of yet (which gave us no recourse with the situation we were about to face!). The delivery men came very rushed and told us the piece would not fit in the room! They rolled it onto our front patio, fully wrapped, in the tight packing with the ton of cushions inside the wrapping, plus a movable lounger section). They offered to bring it in and leave it in our fully furnished living room!

It was actually getting comical! They also offered to leave it in our garage so it can have it cut in half!!! Absurd... It was getting more and more upsetting by the minute. They made NO attempt whatsoever to get this sofabed in at all, let long try to unwrap one tiny bit (mind you, since then, we have a bigger sofabed from another company in the room that we were told this piece would never fit in!). From there, they called their boss (in which they would not let us speak with) and left with the sofabed saying we "refused it!" If we refused it, why don't they have a signature confirming so?!? Someone refusing an item would have no trouble signing off on that! It was a Saturday morning, they were rushing and wanted to blow off our delivery! When Jennifer Convertibles opened, we went to the store very upset. Once again, they could not care.

We asked them to get the drivers on the phone, so both of us could speak to them together about the situation, but they wouldn't do it (we even tried the cell number that the delivery guys called us from that morning, but they wouldn't pick up!). Then, the salesperson shared that the delivery people don't like to chance trying to fit furniture in tight quarters because if they damage the piece or the doorway, they're liable. "Well, that's just great," I said! The manager then went to the computer and said she would credit it back because they did not seem to want other customers hearing our situation.

When I asked for a receipt, she said that has to come from Corporate. Well... lo and behold, a few weeks later, a charge is on our credit card from Jennifer Convertibles (10% plus the delivery charge!). Unbelievable! No wonder she would not give me the receipt when we were there! DO NOT BUY FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES! We are spreading the word and so are our families and friends! The lies and deceit start right from the top. They can't keep getting away with this!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Had a scheduled delivery for Saturday. Tried to change the date due to a death in family - called three times during the work week and got the complete runaround, as well as disconnected. Finally I was told I would be receiving a call to confirm and at that point to let them know I needed to reschedule. It was then I was told that I would be charged $125 to reschedule delivery. Because it wasn’t within 72 hours. But I had called within 72 hours. I was just given inaccurate info. After getting a friend to wait at my apartment for delivery, I returned home to find a damaged product. The fabric was torn.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Do not purchase material like-leather furniture from this company. And definitely do not purchase any insurance on rips/tears, it's only accidental and only covers a 3 or 5 year time frame. This couch was rarely used to sit on, in our office, and bought in case guests slept over but never used it as a bed. After one year of minimal usage, couch peeled, after 7 years shredded, peeling off entirely. Have to cover it with a blanket. Never used the sofa portion of the couch as rarely used the couch.

Purchased insurance to cover accidental tearing of material (fake leather) on couch but this warranty only covers accidental damage, not if couch deteriorates on its own. Not a good quality couch. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have been requesting the status of my claim and have not received feedback after leaving multiple messages. My furniture was delivered 12/14/ 2017. I placed my claim immediately and again on 12/15/2017 via customer service. Your technician came within a week and took pictures and heard my claim. I have called and emailed multiple times. Most of the time my calls are dropped emails unanswered. Please respond.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I received my sectional delivery Saturday, two days before Christmas. The frame appeared to be cracked on the corner piece and had to have been hit pretty hard to do this. I pointed it out to the delivery person. He took a picture and called his department, spoke in Spanish (I could not understand). Driver told me someone would contact me and fix or replace the piece. I took a picture and called customer service. They were closed. Tried to call any number that called me just prior to delivery, couldn't get anyone and couldn't leave a message. Called the store where I purchased, they said call customer service after Christmas. I wrote on the paper signature form about the damage (in space indicated) but the electronic form had no such space.

Again, I was assured that this would be addressed. No one called day after Christmas, I was out of town. I called December 27. Of course customer service only received the electronic signature and no report of damage. They said someone will call me within 72 hours. Really not acceptable. The delivery people lied, their warehouse lied, they tried to cover this up and not report this to the company. Even with this, I gave them a tip because it was Christmas and I had hoped it would be resolved. It should have been reported immediately. The couch is notably poorly made as well. I had bought from them years ago and the furniture was great and lasted a long time. I was going to buy more furniture from them this time but probably won't. The attached picture was taken at time of delivery, and at the same time the delivery person took a picture, note the packing plastic in the background.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I purchased a Linda sofa and loveseat back in March 2017. It took some time to get them as the slipcovers are custom made and I ordered black. When I received them, some of the stitching was overlapping, so they sent me new covers. One problem with this slipcover is the stitching is a tan color and the zippers are white, and the material doesn't hide the zippers which I was told right after I purchased it that is the color zipper they use. So at that point I guess I have no choice. July the cushions started to lose firmness. Real bad. I didn't get around to calling until November, but a tech came out and they are sending more cushions.

Now, I noticed that the couch is clicking. One of the supports sounds like it is breaking and I am just so upset because it is just one thing after another, and I spent a lot of money on this set. I am extremely disappointed, at best. I will be calling Monday to report the newest problem but I am just wondering what will happen once I'm out of the 1-year warranty period. I did purchase the 5-year but I'm not sure what that will cover. So extremely disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Ordered sectional sofa on sept 23... I understand custom orders take time, but we were told 4-6 weeks and every time I call store (Howell NJ) I am told it's on way to warehouse... It is now Dec 3. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased a sectional and dining room set from Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale. The first day we used the sectional the fabric started to unravel. There are pieces of fabric (threads) pulled out of the weave all over. It is unsightly. I went out and spent $300.00 on furniture covers to protect the furniture after being denied an exchange by Jennifer. When these furniture covers shift the sectional continues to unravel. Moreover I learned that Jennifer Convertibles store manager blatantly lied to me when I purchased this sectional. He told me they were selling this piece because the showroom wanted the floor model in a different color.

When I called to report what was happening this same manager said "We get these pieces in from other places (sketchy) and do not know anything about them." I asked where and he wouldn't tell me. If he had been honest with me up front I would have never purchased an expensive piece of furniture of unknown origin. I really can't believe they are allowed to get away with such unscrupulous and deceptive sales practices. Do NOT purchase your furniture from Jennifer Convertibles/Jennifer Furniture!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Ordered my sectional in August and I waited to find it would arrive in 6-8 weeks. It was much longer than I expected, but since I really liked the sectional I was willing to wait. Fast forward 6-8 weeks and now I'm told I will have it mid-December. DECEMBER. I ordered this in August and now have no couch for my guests on Thanksgiving. This company just messed up my whole holiday because they need 5 months to deliver a sofa. Unbelievably slow, they do not care about customer satisfaction. Purchasing a sofa from this company was a terrible mistake. I bitterly regret ever going to that site. Worst experience!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Purchased a sofa on October 5th, 2017. They delivered the wrong one and it had a tear in it. I went there to return it and they are saying that the fine print says that you can only do exchanges. If you call the store it goes to customer service. The manager and the regional manager in Connecticut are very rude.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I've purchased 1 sofa, 1 loveseat and a chair from Jennifer Convertibles and the chair has peeled and ripped in several places. My 1st set of chairs I purchased from there last me at least 10 years. This new set didn't last but 2 years and started to deteriorate. It's a eyesore every time I look at it. I am ready to take action with anyone who have experienced the same.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

This sectional is about 2 years old. Feels like I am sitting on the floor. When I get up, I literally have back pain. I called customer service. Finally, after opening a case with BBB they agreed to send me new cushions. Well, the so called "new" were filthy!! Called again. Today I received the other "new" cushions. FILTHY!!! I refused them. When I called customer service, this time they told me it's factory glue!!! It looks like they had it open in the warehouse and someone peed on them! I was told that they will not send me any more cushions. I don't want them! Disgusting!!! Below are the pictures of cushions that I received the first time. The ones I received today I didn't get a chance to take pictures of, the guys just took them away quickly. I will never shop at Jennifer ever again!

Original review: July 27, 2017

Let me just say proceed with caution. On 22 June, 2017, I went into the Brooklyn Livingston Street showroom to purchase the Murray sofa set with a free recliner that they had advertised online. I spoke to the salesmen, Keenan, about what I was looking for and he wrote up the sale right away. At the time, Jennifer's was also offering free delivery. When I told Keenan I was moving from Bayridge Brooklyn to Tampa, Florida he said they would have to charge me a long distance delivery charge. I quickly informed him nowhere was that advertised which he agreed. It was at that time, Paul, another salesman, explained the free delivery is only for the tri-state area and the company would have to contract a shipping company to make the long distance delivery. I was charged $429 for this delivery service and advised I would receive an email from the delivery company within a day to confirm the delivery date.

On 30 July, I called the showroom to inquire about the delivery and I was told by the person that answered the phone, they would have to follow up with the shipper and that I would receive a callback NLT 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) that evening with the status update. I never received that phone call and on 3 July, I went back to the showroom to once again, inquire about the delivery date. This time I was greeted by another sales person and I explained that I was leaving to Florida the next week and I really needed to speak to the shipper to coordinate and confirm my delivery date. I went as far and told the sales person that I would be able to accept deliveries beginning on 15 July. Supposedly, an email was sent and I was once again told I would receive an email or this time a phone call from the shipper. Needless to say, I never received any.

On 7 July, I went back to the showroom and spoke to the showroom sales manager, Gene, and I explained to him that I had not received any calls or emails as I was constantly advised I would receive in regards to my delivery. Gene told me that he was aware of my situation and he also explained to me that the warehouse was not responding to his or anyone else's email. I told Gene, in my line of business, if no one responds to an email, sometimes you just have to pick up the phone. Gene said he would send another email and attempt to call the warehouse so that he could provide me with an update. That never happened either. On 8 July, I sent an email to the corporate office explaining my situation and the run around stories I had been receiving from the showroom.

On 11 July, my wife received a call from the showroom from the sales person I spoke to on 3 July, and she was extremely rude on the phone with my wife and questioned why I sent the email to their corporate office and why did I go back to the showroom on the 7th to question my delivery status. After hearing this, I went back to the showroom to better understand the nature of the call and see if they had any updates to provide. After much back and forth, I was assured that I would receive an email or call again from the shipper. A recurring theme here, it never happened. Fast forward to 19 July, I called Gene and told him I have not heard anything from anyone about my delivery. This time, he provided me the tracking and telephone number of the courier, Non Stop Delivery (NSD). I called NSD and I received the same run away story I had been receiving from Jennifer's. NSD was blaming Jennifer's for not having the shipment ready.

I spoke to a NSD customer service agent, Louie and he promised me that my shipment will be picked up for delivery NLT 21 July, 2017. I called NSD on 24 July because it still showed not being shipped. I was told I would receive a call the following day with the status of my shipment and guess what, it never happened. I called Jennifer's corporate office and explained that NSD was telling me that Jennifer had to deliver the merchandise to NSD location for delivery to me.

The Jennifer's customer service agent told me the warehouse is closed on Mondays (REALLY?!!) and I would receive a phone call Tuesday morning. Never happened. I called Jennifer's Tuesday afternoon and was then told I would receive a call from a customer service supervisor. I asked the agent when was that going to happen and she said NLT that the next day after which I told her we both knew that was not going to happen and guess what, it did not. Finally, I called CitiCard and put in a dispute because I could no longer deal with Jennifer Convertibles or NSD.

Original review: July 14, 2017

The salesman at the showroom on 86 street Brooklyn were terrible. They were rude and disrespectful. I like some of the furniture they have to offer but their customer service sucks and it is not worth the aggravation. They over charge for deliveries, and do not follow through. You have to call over and over again. I have tried but I will no longer use them. I know they don't care because this has happened before and they never correct the problems. Don't shop there if you want to keep your sanity.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I am so disgusted with this company. In the past I had a great experience with Jennifer Convertibles, so I decided to patronize them again and bought a three piece sofa set from them. After 2 years the chair started to peel and the couch is peeling. I was expecting to keep this furniture for a long time but now I have to pay someone to take it to the dumpster and this was totally a waste of my hard earned money. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Found a convertible sofa at Carle Place showroom. Salesman Gary took the order and told me 7-10 days for delivery. One hour later I received call not available in the color I chose. I had to change color. I called Saturday to confirm delivery. I was told it would be on truck Tuesday and delivered Friday or Sunday. I called yesterday and was told it was not going to be delivered. No communication from the store or salesman. I put a call into Regional Manager Hussain **. He returned my call and told me they are no longer making the product. Poor communication by the salesman Gary. He outright lied to me. Not once but twice. This left me with guests coming to stay at my home without a place to sleep. Do not buy from this store!!!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I recently tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles. I called numerous times both to the 800 number and to the store and got nowhere. I purchased a couch for my daughter along with an additional warranty. Jennifer Convertibles delivered and installed it last year. When we went to move the couch to a different apartment last week the movers tried to take the legs off of the couch. They said the screws were stripped and they were unable to remove the legs. They had to move the couch with the legs on.

I tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles multiple times both by phone and email. When I finally reached Customer (lack of) Service, I was basically told that it was not their problem since I didn't call earlier (I couldn't have since the couch sat in the apartment and didn't need to be moved until last week). Neither Customer service and the store on Central Ave in Scarsdale NY DID NOT care at all about this issue and in addition I wasted money on a warranty that they said doesn't cover this. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES AGAIN.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Let me start with the background of this order... My husband and I came into the Coram store on 3/11. My dad wanted to gift us our dining room set as a house warming gift since we just closed on our home that week, so he met us at the store. Mario was our salesman, and Andre the manager. The promotion was 10% and no tax. We were grossly overcharged on everything we ordered. Actual prices at the time purchased vs what we were charged:

Music City Cabinet - charged $1,100.00, actual price $719.99. Music City Dining Table - charged $500.00, actual price $449.99. Dining Chairs - charged $260.00 per set of two, actual price $249.00 per set of 2. Arthur Sectional - charged $869.99, actual price $799.99. Myron court sofa - charged $699.99, actual price $602.99 (this I was called a liar for by Andre, because he said it was discontinued, and I didn't find it online. But it was there, and it’s a shame, because I would really like to purchase the loveseat as the room I put this in has enough space for it, but I can't even almost bring myself to do business with this company again).

I saw this online after we purchased the furniture, and I called the store and spoke with Andre who confirmed that the online prices were the same in store. So then I called back with my paperwork, extremely annoyed that we had been ripped off. I contacted Jennifer corporate via email and they said they would take care of it. Andre called my husband asking for his credit card number on 3/20 to issue him a refund in the amount of $180 something dollars... Then called my father for his credit card information to issue him a refund of $480 something dollars. We were told it would take 7 to 10 days. Well this was the 20th of March, and I had to continually call to see what the status was. I was told by corporate it wasn't taken care of until mid-April. It took a month to get the funds back.

Backtracking a little... When we placed the order, my husband, mother, father, and I all listened to Mario tell us that the delivery charge was $200.00 that the dining room would be 4 weeks, and the couches were in stock. That they would call and send the couches first and the dining room after at no extra charge. I figured after 2 weeks and hearing nothing... I called the store to see when the couches are going to be delivered as we just moved into a house and have no furniture. To my surprise (not really though) everything was coming at once. On Friday the 31st. I called the store the day before and they said the trucking company would call after 4 with a time frame. They never called. I had to call the store at 8:30 PM the night before to get that answer, and had to take off a full day of work because apparently, they don't allow you to choose a date, and the only time they deliver to my town is Friday? What kind of BS is that.

Friday the 31st... Delivery arrives. China cabinet has a huge hole on the side of it, hardware is dented, leg of the cabinet is damaged, the door doesn't align and the magnetic closure is busted. One chair is broken, wobbles and has damage. Cheap dining tables wood is peeling off. Extremely upset, because now I have not only been ripped off, called a liar, been lied to, have not been reimbursed the money that is rightfully ours, and had to take off work my furniture comes broken. The delivery guys tell me I have to send it back and wait another 4 weeks for new stuff. UNACCEPTABLE.

I called corporate and spoke to Theresa, I told her all my issues, and I told her I would need all this replaced. She spoke with the driver, and told both he and I that I could keep it until they were replaced. I sent the photos to the Photos@jennifer email followed up numerous times, not one response. I threatened to contact BBB and take you to small claims court, still no response. It wasn't until my negative Yelp review that someone finally reached out to me, but that person told me that they had only ordered (1) chair leg, and completely ignored all the other issues. I went from being angry, to completely livid.

I opened a BBB complaint, that was closed by them prior to the delivery of the new furniture (still haven't received it) based on Jennifer's promise to make this right. I asked for a new sales order number as proof to see it was actually ordered. Order placed 4/7 - they sent me what they pay vs what I paid which is not only totally unprofessional, but an outrage to see what their markup is. The dining room table, the one chair, and the china cabinet their cost is 561.00 and I paid 1450. Since then, the one item of furniture that wasn't damaged, mind you it's been 1 month in a two adult home who works full time and barely has even used it, the sectional is already ripping at the seams.

I am completely outraged by this whole purchase with Jennifer, and would advise that no one ever shops at this store ever. Online shopping is much better with the same name brands. They have ZERO quality control, and I would make any bet that when the replacement set comes, they will be all screwed up as well. I will keep you posted!

Original review: April 20, 2017

I bought a Bonded leather Red Sectional couch 3 years ago. They sold it to me for leather and it peeled from top to bottom terrible so they fixed it and put more bonded leather and it got worst, peeled and they looked horrible, so they gave me a coupon. If I purchased from them again I get half price off. So I bought another sectional couch. This time leather chocolate brown.

The sales person Kareem did not tell me to measure the elevators to see if my new couch fit. I waited all day to have my new couch delivered, took a whole day off to live the worst nightmare with Jennifer Furniture. The delivery people could not fit my couch in the elevator so they left me couchless after I begged them to bring up the couch that fit so I won't be without a couch. On top of that they charge a fee to disassemble the couch. I have to sit on the floor for one week. Thanks to Jennifer leather and those rude delivery guys. I advise people do not do business with Jennifer furniture. Very Disappointed customer!?

Original review: April 19, 2017

I purchased the "Downe" sectional made by Jonathan Louis in the heavenly oyster fabric from Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale, NY. The store has a display of a 117" sectional with chaise. We had been eyeing that sectional for some time and one night, we purchased the sectional and 2 chairs from another maker. Fast forward about 6 weeks and delivery comes. The chairs are fine, but sofa as they unwrap is gray not white, so it goes back. We wait about another 5 weeks, sofa arrives - it's the white heavenly oyster. Delivery men set it up and leave. About an hour later, I'm thinking something looks off, my husband comes home from work and I tell him it looks off. He says - it looks smaller. I measure and lo and behold it's only 97". Normally you would think I would notice, but this sofa was placed in an open area in the middle of a room so it was hard to tell.

I call the store manager at Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale, Mike ** (he has since been relocated to the Queens Village, NY store) and explain the situation to him and he says - "No problem. We will correct the problem and order you the correct size." Fast forward about 4 weeks, I call the store just to confirm that order is being processed and no order to be found and am told to call Mike in the Queens Village store. I call Mike and he says to me that he never said that he would correct the order and that our receipt says 97" on it. I check the receipt and sure enough it does say that, but I never ordered the 97", I ordered the one that was the floor sample in the store which I knew was 117". To me, it's a scam that they did. I didn't even know the sofa came in 97". They are now making the money on a 117" couch and only gave me a 97".

If you insist on buying anything from Jennifer Convertibles make sure you read your invoice before signing and even after signing (I think they add things to invoice after you sign, then tear out your signed copy and give it to you). Things like dimensions and even description. In my case it should have said "Downe sectional with chaise" and they wrote "Downe sofa chaise". One would think that was the same but believe it or not - IT'S NOT!!!

Original review: April 14, 2017

When I purchase the sofa and loveseat pair, I was assured by the salesperson at the Torrance California store that I would received a lifetime warranty for the fabric workmanship. After five years, I had both sofa clean by professionals and stains still appear on the fabric. I immediately contacted Jennifer Convertibles Corporate Offices to received some kind of satisfaction regarding this issue. The customer service representative I spoke to on 04/13/17, informed me that I only had a five-year warranty and that warranty just recently expired on 03/16 without any prior notification from Jennifer Convertibles. I must admit the selling point of my purchase was the lifetime warranty which I didn't received but was offered. I would never purchase anything from JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES and will notify my family and friends to do the same. A classic trick of bait and switch!

Original review: April 8, 2017

Purchased a sofa and I am having an allergic reaction to it. I called J and they said that it's too late to do anything about it. I didn't know it was the couch that was causing this reaction as I am not an allergy sufferer. I usually sit on a chair not the sofa. After the sofa was delivered there was a chemical smell in the room so I opened the windows thinking it would air out. Well 3 months later the smell is getting better but I still get a reaction from it. J told me to have the sofa cleaned. I feel they should take care of this. I wonder what type of fabric treatment they use that is getting me sick. Also when you sit on the sofa, it's a pullout queen size bed, the springs make noise. Now I understand why the don't show sleeper sofas in the store. The service in the store/Hartsdale was good and the delivery crew was good. But they do not stand behind their product. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 9, 2017

After a year and a half my sofa and love seat leather furniture looks like they are 10 yrs old. We've been noticing that it began to sag and getting a discoloration. Wow top grain leather!!! Upon letting them know about the problem, all they did was brush us away from one call to another but going nowhere, oh and mind you we took a protection plan costing me 260.00 dollars for guardsman company to take care of future tear and wear. Finally, nothing was ever done and they through a customer to the curve. WHEN PURCHASING WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE BEWARE. BAD BUSINESS TO GIVE YOUR MONEY AWAY.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We purchased a 9 piece dining set in March 2016. It was an Ashley product and did not wear well at all. The finish on the top peeled and the legs on the table and chairs began breaking. In Feb 2017, I contacted my salesman, Felix ** in Orange, CT. He sent someone out to look at the set and then offered an exchange. I was able to go into the store and pick out a different set and have it delivered. The experience was remarkably easy and Felix was wonderful to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I purchased sectional sofa in San Francisco Jennifer Convertibles store 3 years ago for 2500$, plus 3 years extended warranty for this sofa. During 6 months after the purchase I called repair service 7 times (almost every month). The sofa was built so bad that it almost fall apart. Now after 3 years I just paid financing credit off but the funny thing I don't even own this sofa anymore, I just threw this crap away a year ago. But probably the most disgusting thing about this company was that at some point they told me that one piece of this sectional sofa cannot be repaired and they were going to refund me that piece only (one piece costed around 300$). Ok, fine, that made sense so I agreed to accept this refund of 300$, but later it turned that I lost my warranty for the whole sofa because of this refund. This is not what we agreed on with company representative and that was so disgusting cheating.

I attached several images which I took 1 month later after the delivery of this sofa. I'd like to emphasize it was brand new sofa. The funny thing is that in a half a year after the purchase after several visits of repairman and several attempts to fix this sofa they finally sent me a document saying that wasn't factory defect (attached) and happened because of regular wear.

Now in my family every time we mean "bad company" we say "Jennifer Convertibles". Because of multiple negative feedbacks from its customers they have closed business in California, so I wish this company to close all stores nationwide and get out of business completely. It is not American company. It's just gang of cheaters.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

Need to get exception to swap couch out. I am writing on behalf of my 90-year-old mother, who accepted delivery of a couch that did not fit the room. I won't go into the entire story because it is not yet done. The one star is for customer service. I have called more numbers than anyone should have to, gotten more "Press 1" and no live people available to speak to. Manager of the store has given me such a run-around, claims to have contacted his manager. His manager hasn't reached out to me. I will update this based on getting the problem resolved through a live person. My mom lives in an adult community of 1000+ people, and she will let everyone know how great - or horrible - her experience with the company was.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I purchased a sleep sofa from one of JENNIFER Furniture's CT stores this past Labor Day weekend. I really liked the look of the sofa & the bonus was that they had a Labor Day sale going on. I waited the amount of time they indicated for delivery & was very excited when I received notification that the sofa was ready. The delivery men were very prompt, polite & efficient. However, I noticed a tear in the fabric in one of the arms- I called the store & was told to call their customer service #. From that point on this has been a horrible experience!

Here we are almost 5 months later & my sofa has not been fixed. Every call I've made to Jennifer's customer service dept. has been a negative experience. First they said they'd send someone to look at the sofa, which they did. I was told they'd order new fabric for the arm & send it to me, and then send someone to fix it. It took over a month to get the fabric & a couple of weeks for someone to come do the repair. When the repair man started working he pointed out that the batting fabric attached to the sofa fabric was a different color than the original. When the sofa is open it would be noticeable & look like I bought it at a fire sale. He took pics & said we'd have to reorder the arm fabric w/ the correct batting.

I called JENNIFER customer service again & got a very rude man on the phone, so asked to speak to the manager. She was not much more polite than the man & couldn't understand my problem since the batting fabric was inside. I told her that my options were to make it right, or return the sofa. She said she'd contact her parts dept. & see what they could do. I asked her to call me back & let me know the status, which she agreed to do. I never heard from her, so I called back & left a voicemail for her. She did return my call & said she never said she'd call me back, but was now going to order new fabric for the opposite arm, so they both match.

I wish I had read all these reviews before doing business w/ JENNIFER Furniture, since there is so much negative feedback about them. However, I am now 5 months into this process & by the time I get the arm fabric it will be 6 months. If this does not solve the problem I will definitely be returning the sofa. And either way, I will never do business w/ Jennifer's again!

Jennifer Convertibles Company Information

Jennifer Convertibles
    www.jenniferconvertibles.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use