Jennifer Convertibles
1.02/5
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

917 Jennifer Convertibles Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

So I purchased a sofa online July 6th 2018 and here it is August 18th 2018 still no couch!!! I was informed my couch would take two to three ** wks to get delivered. ** I'm still waiting. I called the company many times from the customer service number they provide online. The first time I called a woman told me my couch would be here around Aug 8th. Still not compared to the two to three wks they said it would be delivered but ok. I asked her was she sure? She absolutely made it positive that the couch would definitely be here. Lies!! The ** really lied. I'm sooo upset. When I argue with my boyfriend I can’t even send him to the couch. What Imma send him to now...the floor???

Two days ago I called again and the same woman picked up. I told her the issue and she asked if I had ordered online or from the store? I told her online. She then stated that since I ordered online she would direct me to the “imaginary” department that deals with the online merchandise. The call goes to voicemail. Afterwards I kept calling and no answer. What’s worst is there isn’t a tracking number to use. A big ** scammm! I kid you not. Please don’t ever buy from Jennifer’s. Isn’t worth it. 451 dollars down the drain. Should have went with my first instinct and ordered from a furniture store next to my house.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

On 1/14/18, I ordered Accrington Sectional RAF Chaise/Gray. It was delivered on 2/10/18. Within 10 days of delivery, the seams in several places started to fray and come undone. I immediately contacted Jennifer about the seams. A service technician has come to the home TWICE. The first time, he said that the furniture needed to be replaced and he left. Within a few days, we received a letter saying that we REFUSED attempts to have the furniture repaired and therefore, we could not get a refund or an exchange. This was an lie. We never refused.

We made a second appointment and the second time he came, he stitched the seams and ordered a replacement component for the furniture. The component has been delivered but before I could contact Jennifer furniture to make an appointment to have it installed, the seams the technician had repaired were coming apart again. PLUS there are other seams that have come undone.

I was told I needed to make a THIRD appointment. I made an appointment more than a month out, but was not informed of the time of the technician arrival until the day before. We tried to work with the company to change the time but they were unable to do it, so we missed our third appointment. Now we have to make a fourth appointment for new furniture that fell apart less than two weeks after delivery??! I am extremely disappointed in the quality of your furniture. I am embarrassed for guest to see the furniture because it is so poorly made. I have never had an experience like this before with any furniture I have purchased. At this point, I am expecting either a full refund.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The company, customer service, and Garden City store are the absolute worst. I ordered a couch on 5/6/18. I was told that there would be a 6 week wait until it could be delivered. (6/17) OK, I didn't care too much for that, but was OK with the wait at 6 weeks. Eight weeks go by, then 10 weeks, then 11 weeks. I called numerous times asking when the couch would be delivered. No answers. I get a call during the 11th week to schedule a delivery date. I refused to do it over the phone because I wanted to discuss in store before hand. They gave me a discount of $160+ tax. OK. I set up delivery for Saturday 8/5. I receive a confirmation phone call the night before and confirm for 12:15pm - 4:15pm. A friend helped me remove my old couch so I would have no issues the next day when the new couch comes.

The day goes by and I am sitting on the floor waiting and waiting. No phone call, nothing. My wife calls and they said they will need to call us back. They call back and say that the delivery was cancelled, but they do not know by who or why... Are you kidding me? They cannot get any answers because "corporate" is closed until Monday. My family is stuck sitting on the floor with no couch and no idea when or if this couch will be delivered. They tell me they will call me first thing on Monday. It is now 12:10pm and I have still not heard from them. I am refraining from calling because I do not want to make a scene at work. Beyond frustrating. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $50-$100 at another store and save yourself the headache... Horrendous customer service and horrible inventory management.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

A must read before you go to Jennifer - First they did this to my 75 year old mother. They said they would deliver on 7/25. Called 2 hours after delivery was scheduled. Said they had no shrink wrap and could not deliver today? What? They charge crazy delivery Fees. $200 plus they charge tax on the delivery Fee ($217.75). If they have to take the legs off the sofa your delivery charge will then be $350 plus tax ($381.06) - oh yes, it gets better. They charged my mother $381.06 to her credit card. The salesmen double talked her. She had no idea what she was paying for. They deliver the furniture on July 30th minus the rug she purchased. The delivery man tells her she owes him $350 in cash - my mother paid him, oh yes, but had her wits about her to make him sign the paper that he took the $350 in cash from her.

The delivery guy also asks my mother for a cigarette that were sitting on her counter, she said she didn't have many left and couldn't give him one. She goes to the bedroom to get the money to pay him, after they leave she realizes he stole all her cigarettes. What a disgusting person. When my mother told me Monday night when I went to see her that all this happened I of course lost it.

Called the showroom. Spoke to Alex, after a heated discussion told me he would give her back the $381.06 if she came to the store with her credit card because they don't keep that information. I could also pick-up her carpet. Wow $381.06 for delivery and I have to go get her carpet and go back to the store for a credit, which would not have been given to her if I did not call them. Total charges for delivery they charged was $731.06 and a pack of cigarettes. I am just completely disgusted and heartbroken that people would do this to a senior citizen. BUYER BEWARE BIG TIME... Check your other options, please.

Original review: July 31, 2018

My husband and I placed an order for a couch, two recliner chairs, a table, and a mirror on May 8, 2018. After zero communication from our sales rep, we reached out after four weeks to get an update on its progress. We were told it would be another two weeks (we were originally told 4-6 weeks) and that they had said 6-8 weeks. Fine, maybe a miscommunication. Reached about again after six weeks - the next excuse was that there was a shortage in the white fabric for our couch. Fine. Two weeks later, the next excuse was that the warehouse was closed for Fourth of July - for two weeks. Okay, well needless to say, it is now July 30th and still nothing. I am LIVID. Never again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: July 28, 2018

I ordered a couch on May 20. I have called, and the couch is constantly being delayed by 2 weeks. It is now July 28, and there is another delay until August 7, where it will be shipped to the warehouse. Unbelievable! Am I ever going to get my couch!

Original review: July 18, 2018

My husband and I ordered our living room couch (Foster 6 piece) on 4/23/18. The website said 6-8 weeks. It's now 7/18/18 and my husband got an email stating we will not be receiving our couch until August. We will never order from Jennifer Convertibles EVER AGAIN. I tried calling to speak to an actual person but the lady I spoke to told me due to the fact we ordered it online there is no actual person to speak to. She stated we can only go through email for answers on our order. My husband and I were donating our present couch to a single mother with children and they have been waiting along with my husband and I because there is very poor communication with the manufacturer and the warehouse. This is to whomever wants to read reviews before purchasing something... DO NOT ORDER FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES??? Had I read reviews before ordering I wouldn't be writing this... I would've taken my business elsewhere???

Original review: July 18, 2018

I thought that my transaction with buying a new sectional sofa went exceedingly well. We were given the price I wanted, our sales rep, Paul **, was helpful and friendly, and it was delivered and assembled by polite and diligent workmen on the date specified. I love the furniture I bought. However, when it came to financing, it was told to me that I was receiving that through the store. Imagine my surprise to receive a Synchrony Bank letter in the mail with my brand new Jennifer Convertibles credit card.

I never asked to sign up for a credit card. Never once was I told I was signing up for a credit card. Nor would I have chosen to get a Synchrony Card. If I had been told that my was only payment option, I would have left. Now, what seemed like a salesman being friendly and helpful is clearly a conman being shifty and trying to keep talking so I can't pay attention to paperwork so he can trick me into applying for a $2,000 line of credit, to cover me for a $1,400 sofa. I asked him twice why it said $2,000 and he said that was the amount that was verified in my credit check. Now I know that it was intentionally over the cost of the sofa in the hopes that I incur late fees, without maxing out the card.

The sad thing is that I really do love my sectional and was planning to buy other furniture from your store in the future. I had been telling everyone about what a great experience it was. Things have been really hard for us this past year, and this was really a high point. The first major piece of brand new furniture I was able to buy as part of a married couple. But it's been sullied by your salesman's dishonesty. I will NEVER be buying from you again. I will be reporting your (most likely) illegal practices to the BBB, and disabusing everyone I know of the idea that shopping Jennifer Convertibles is any different from the typical sleazy operation. I look forward to paying off my debt and closing this account ASAP. I just hope your protection policy is actually what was promised.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Order date was July 6, 2018, The delivery date was supposed to be July 10, 2018. They did not deliver my furniture on the day they said, and yes I'm still waiting, they also did not call the night before like they promised. After calling to verify and tracking online no order found. The manager named Charlie says, "Oh I can deliver on Friday because your order got cancelled."

Second after purchasing a power recliner leather and vinyl sofa for $1270.90 including 5 year warranty I saw on their website the same sofa for $728.00. I went back to the store the next day and showed them this and they said, "Ok we will give you the refund," but it has to go through their corporate office, then they wrote down the refund amount on the print out that I gave them from the internet in pen and said wait for the credit from corporate.

Since I paid by 2 Credit cards due to the fact my wife wanted to pay half I should have 2 credit card receipts. Well the lady gave me the merchant copy and the customer copy from my wife card and did not give me my copy from my card. Then she wrote balance due 635.45. I had to go on my credit card account and print out that the payment had posted on both cards to verify that they received the money. They did receive the money on July 8, 2018 from both cards. Still today they did not have my order delivered and they claim the order was kicked out off the computer some kind a way and that it's not usual. TOO MANY RED FLAGS WITH THIS COMPANY. PLEASE STAY VERY FAR AWAY. DO NOT EVER BUY.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have been extremely unhappy with Jennifer Convertibles since day one! When my bedroom set was delivered the box spring would not fit up the stairs so the delivery men just left it at the bottom of my stairs for me to handle. I had no way to remove the box spring and transport it. Jennifer’s offered no accommodate or ways to help! Then not even a year later one side of my mattress completely collapsed! Again Jennifer’s customer service was awful. I made multiple calls to just try and book an appointment for someone to come and just look at the mattress. When I finally did get through to someone they won’t be coming for 3 weeks. And this is to just look and not even replace the mattress. Extremely unhappy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Save yourself some trouble and don’t buy from Jennifer Convertibles. They do not stand by their products. We purchased a leather couch and loveseat and after a year the leather started to peel. Customer service refused to do anything. We are left with unsightly pits and peeling with no recourse. All the original salesman’s talk that their products are guaranteed is false. Go elsewhere!!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have take 2 days off work for a delivery that was scheduled weeks ago! No show, no call and NO RESOLUTION! The audacity and lack of courtesy of your salespeople at you 86th street location in Brooklyn is disgusting. The manager has contacted the delivery department to no avail and the fact that there is no accommodation is absurd. MY 3 YOUNG CHILDREN ARE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought my furniture March 23, 2018. Today is June 19, 2018. I have not received it yet. They said on my paper for the six weeks. Here it is three months later still haven’t received my furniture. Call them today. They supposed to get back in contact with me. Hopefully they do it sometime this week. If not I don’t know what to do. I paid $1381 for sectional. I have not received it yet. It’s very frustrating when you pay for something and don’t do **. I hope they compensate me with something. Please help.

Updated on 06/21/2018: Well I made a review two days ago on Jennifer Convertibles about their delivery. Someone finally got back in touch with me after three months and told me the material for the sectional Color gray was not available so I have to wait until July 14. Before they get the color to go on to the sectional they had to order it so I guess I gotta wait another month before I have my furniture. I hope they compensate me with something because then it will be four months and counting. Please help.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Paramus Route 17 location - If I can give this company zero stars, I would. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this company. I've never been so dissatisfied with a furniture experience such as this one. Upon delivery, there was no damage during delivery; however, the dining table I ordered was scratched. It looks like it was scratched from the company who produced it, but since it wasn't damaged during delivery nothing at that time could be done. Here’s the kicker... after reading the tag on the chair regarding the manufacture, I found the SAME set on WALMART'S website for 300 dollars cheaper! After trying to call the store for an hour, no one picked up. So I went there in person. There were no customers in the store for them to be that busy and not pick up and I called them out on it. The woman said she was just about to check her voicemail. How convenient.

I explained that I found the same dining set online at Walmart and she basically said that was impossible. I told her I’d pull it up but she didn’t seem interested and only took 100 dollars off the price I paid. I explained about the scratches and she said someone will come out to check it, and if there’s nothing they can do, will send me a new table. Just give me a new table. Why do I want to keep something that’s ridiculously overpriced and damaged? At this point it seems more of a headache to return the whole set. So we’ll see if they follow up. I ordered a couch as well that came stained. I really like the look of it though and it was their “last one” so they say. Someone is supposed to come out as well to clean it. Honestly... just so much aggravation and such an inconvenience, just take your money and go elsewhere. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Leaving the same review here as I did on Google reviews and Yelp. Update 05/24: Called back the store to see what was taking so long for the refund. Other gentleman working there said he had no record of any refund and Paul, our salesman, was in the basement but should call us back. Spoiler, he didn't. Again tried, Michael **, again, not picking up his phone. Left yet another voicemail but I think it is becoming time to go to the Better Business Bureau. Update 05/22: After calling the number that was given below, we were given the number of the regional manager, Michael **. Of course Mr. ** does not pick up his phone nor does he respond to several left messages. And to top it off, haven't seen the paltry 108 dollars either.

05/17: Went to the store and found a nice couch, the Murray Road. We bought it, including the extended warranty and including the more expensive delivery where the couch gets taken apart and put back together in your home. The nice gentleman who sold us the couch told us it should be available in 3 to 4 weeks. We were quite happy even though it was a lot of money we spent. We get home and notice that on the receipt he wrote down 4 to 6 weeks. Ok, that's not what he told us but we were ok with it.

After 4 weeks of hearing absolutely nothing, we give the store a call. Our couch never arrived, they, whoever they are, should have called us 2 weeks ago or so and let us know that our couch was delayed and the warehouse would not be receiving it before the 24th of June. Nice gentleman apologized, nothing they could do at the store, was out of their hands blah blah blah, here is 108 dollars compensation for the deluxe delivery. Yay, great, the couch that I should have already had in my house is now not gonna arrive for almost another month and a half. Really? Is this the Jennifer Furniture experience? We tell you 4 weeks but sorry it is gonna be 2 and half months?

Original review: May 9, 2018

Consumers do yourself a favor a avoid Jennifer leather. I purchased the Riley chocolate brown leather set, I have had nothing but problems with peeling, sinking cushions, it is a real mess. I contacted the so called customer service dept, they sent someone out as a so called courtesy to fix the cushions, but stated that peeling is not covered!!! After purchasing the so called lifetime warranty!!! I would not recommend Jennifer to anyone, they are a ripoff!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

I purchased a dining room table on President's Day (February 19th). We were told there would be a 2-4 week delivery window. Long story short, we are not nearly 12 weeks later. I will be sharing the whole experience with everyone I know and contacting headquarters at this point.

Original review: April 24, 2018 I bought two mattresses form the store. The salesperson was a very nice young man. Although very inexperienced and not knowledgeable on products.

I was supposed to get a phone call the following day, it never happened. I have called the store on 2 occasions and They are giving me the runaround and I am not getting any dates on when my order will be delivered. I have a deadline to have them by!! This is the most unprofessional store I have ever dealt with! I finally did get a callback when we left my husbands name to get a callback. Problem is being worked on and hopefully solved. I am not sure why it is so difficult to give a narrower time frame for delivery?

Original review: April 21, 2018

We ordered an expensive sofa three months back with proper recommendation by the salesperson and assurance that the product is covered under warranty for everything for one year and we took the protection plan too to be safe. The sofa was delivered after one month with some weird smell and cushions were saggy and when this issue was taken to the sales, they forward me to customer service. The customer service people neither return calls nor pick up the phone. Their voicemail is full too so you have no chance to talk to them. My sofa is in bad condition in five months with bad fabric which is full of lint and doesn't even look like it's new. After calling them n number of times and explaining my situation n number of times, I'm still waiting for a senior person to take care of this. Please if you guys are active on social media and really listen to your customers, respond.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am warning you now not to waste your money, time, energy or sanity with this company. While it might be tempting to go stop in since it is one of the only larger furniture companies located in NYC you will regret it the minute you walk out. We ordered a couch and changed the fabric on the floor design. We were told the delivery would take 5 to 7 weeks maximum and that we would get a swatch in the mail of our fabric. We were also told that the company delivers any day during the week in NYC.

After 5 weeks and no swatch of fabric and no communication on estimated delivery, we called our salesman. They told us they could not give us an estimated time but would call back in a week. Spoiler alert. They never called and they will never call you back if you ever reach out for information on your order. We later found out that the salesman and store grossly mishandled the sale, did not input the order in their system until a week after we were in the store, NEVER called us about a fabric issue and 9 WEEKS LATER could not give us a delivery date. On Friday they told us two more weeks, and then on Saturday they told us another month! They charged my card on February 16, 2018, yet had no delivery or update to provide the customer on 4/17/2018.

On top of their negligent behavior they are rude and unprofessional. The sales team has no regard for customer service or concern. They will blow you off, avoid your calls and treat you with no respect, as a paying customer. After all of their negligence, the most they would offer us was free shipping and still no delivery date. Don't waste your time, the leadership of this company is deplorable and fraudulent. Go to Ashley Furniture, it is a short Uber or train from NYC to Secaucus. We went in on a Sunday and will have the couch on the following Wednesday.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Went to the showroom on Rt 22 in Union, picked out a sectional in February, paid in full. At the time the salesperson assured us we would receive it in 3 weeks. We were planning our housewarming and would prefer to have it in time so we agreed and completed the purchase. A few days later we decided to order a living room set as well for our formal living room but rather the store we ordered online. The website gave us an expected delivery date which was also 3 weeks. As promised the living room set delivered as expected but we didnt receive the sectional. We called the store and after 6 days of lies and procrastination we were told it would be another 8 weeks to deliver the sectional. Mind you they never proactively communicated to us the delay. Had we not called we may have never been told.

To make matters worse, the salesperson at the store said they would give us $75 off the price due to the inconvenience but a few days later a gentleman who claims to be the manager, and was very rude and obnoxious says he's not giving us anything. He says he doesnt have the margin for it. We never asked for a credit, they offered it to us. And you dont even have the decency to apologize for the lack of communication! I will NEVER shop there again. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This was a purchase from the Union New Jersey store. Paid in full. $1160 including couch tax PLAN and delivery. The lifetime is fraud! Do Not Buy. They would not cover damage TEAR and crack in wood FRAME.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Really poor reflection on a company when you have extremely combative and unprofessional employees representing you. This sad excuse for a customer service representative was named Kareem. To put icing on the cake he was trying to sell us broken furniture and tried hiding the fact it was severely damaged. These days customer service is what can and will set you apart from the competition and also help your business grow, and equally poor to terrible service will show your busy dwindle and continue to get you bad reviews. Shame on you to employee people who discourage your potential customers this way.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying that this review is based on our most recent transaction. At some time in 2002/2003 we purchased a sofa/loveseat set that lasted us 15 years; this recent purchase was actually to replace the set we got in 2002. Unfortunately, what we received this time - delivery occurred about a month ago - was damaged, unusable furniture. The seats on the sofa and loveseat, the sofa is worse than the loveseat, sink so low that our knees hurt to use them... Not to mention that getting up of the furniture requires that you are in good physical condition because of all of the muscles that are engaged. It's horrible but, what's worse is that Jennifer won't provide us a product that is in new condition!

As required, we called Jennifer and waited about 8-10 days for a technician to come out and assess the furniture; his diagnosis: Collapsed Seats. Jennifer delivered broken furniture, that could not be used for its intended purpose and they don't want to make good on what they promise, furniture that is free of defects. To add insult to injury, Jennifer's version of 100% satisfaction guarantee is to have someone come to our home and install plywood and cushions into the furniture so that, at least, we can sit on it!!? This is criminal and very unfortunate. We will continue to be in contact with Jennifer Convertibles with the hopes that they will hold up their end of the deal.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

No communication when my order was put into back order. I thought everything was good, and now I am left with a 5 month pregnant wife sitting on folding chairs in my living room, because your store can't communicate shipping issues.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I recently made a purchase on 1/31 at the location on 6th avenue. I was informed to deliver could take up to 2-3 weeks but that typically the wait time would be less. After a 2 week period, I called the store to inquire about the status of the order and was told it would be another 2-3 weekend before I would receive my delivery. I have two issues here, one is the lack of customer service. Why wasn't I contacted to be informed? And how slick these salespeople are where they tell you all good things to make the sale then could care less about the outcome. The saddest part of this all is that my salesperson is not an employee but apparently the manager. This speaks volumes about the training of these individuals. I highly discourage purchasing from Jennifer's more so the Manhattan location. I would rate a zero had it been an option.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Mind you, we were fools to ever go back to Jennifer Convertibles after we were shafted the first time... never received our sofabed on the promised delivery date before the holidays! They knew we had company coming and could not care less about their false promise! A month later, we figured we'd give them a second chance... only to deal with even more heartache! The delivery company called to come earlier in the morning of date of the delivery, which we now know we never should have granted because the Jennifer Convertibles store was not open as of yet (which gave us no recourse with the situation we were about to face!). The delivery men came very rushed and told us the piece would not fit in the room! They rolled it onto our front patio, fully wrapped, in the tight packing with the ton of cushions inside the wrapping, plus a movable lounger section). They offered to bring it in and leave it in our fully furnished living room!

It was actually getting comical! They also offered to leave it in our garage so it can have it cut in half!!! Absurd... It was getting more and more upsetting by the minute. They made NO attempt whatsoever to get this sofabed in at all, let long try to unwrap one tiny bit (mind you, since then, we have a bigger sofabed from another company in the room that we were told this piece would never fit in!). From there, they called their boss (in which they would not let us speak with) and left with the sofabed saying we "refused it!" If we refused it, why don't they have a signature confirming so?!? Someone refusing an item would have no trouble signing off on that! It was a Saturday morning, they were rushing and wanted to blow off our delivery! When Jennifer Convertibles opened, we went to the store very upset. Once again, they could not care.

We asked them to get the drivers on the phone, so both of us could speak to them together about the situation, but they wouldn't do it (we even tried the cell number that the delivery guys called us from that morning, but they wouldn't pick up!). Then, the salesperson shared that the delivery people don't like to chance trying to fit furniture in tight quarters because if they damage the piece or the doorway, they're liable. "Well, that's just great," I said! The manager then went to the computer and said she would credit it back because they did not seem to want other customers hearing our situation.

When I asked for a receipt, she said that has to come from Corporate. Well... lo and behold, a few weeks later, a charge is on our credit card from Jennifer Convertibles (10% plus the delivery charge!). Unbelievable! No wonder she would not give me the receipt when we were there! DO NOT BUY FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES! We are spreading the word and so are our families and friends! The lies and deceit start right from the top. They can't keep getting away with this!!!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Had a scheduled delivery for Saturday. Tried to change the date due to a death in family - called three times during the work week and got the complete runaround, as well as disconnected. Finally I was told I would be receiving a call to confirm and at that point to let them know I needed to reschedule. It was then I was told that I would be charged $125 to reschedule delivery. Because it wasn’t within 72 hours. But I had called within 72 hours. I was just given inaccurate info. After getting a friend to wait at my apartment for delivery, I returned home to find a damaged product. The fabric was torn.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Do not purchase material like-leather furniture from this company. And definitely do not purchase any insurance on rips/tears, it's only accidental and only covers a 3 or 5 year time frame. This couch was rarely used to sit on, in our office, and bought in case guests slept over but never used it as a bed. After one year of minimal usage, couch peeled, after 7 years shredded, peeling off entirely. Have to cover it with a blanket. Never used the sofa portion of the couch as rarely used the couch.

Purchased insurance to cover accidental tearing of material (fake leather) on couch but this warranty only covers accidental damage, not if couch deteriorates on its own. Not a good quality couch. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have been requesting the status of my claim and have not received feedback after leaving multiple messages. My furniture was delivered 12/14/ 2017. I placed my claim immediately and again on 12/15/2017 via customer service. Your technician came within a week and took pictures and heard my claim. I have called and emailed multiple times. Most of the time my calls are dropped emails unanswered. Please respond.

Not sure about Jennifer Convertibles?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Jennifer Convertibles expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1975 and based in Woodbury, New York, Jennifer Furniture has locations in New York, New Jersey, Conneticut, Maryland and Virginia. They have an extensive online store, so consumers can shop Jennifer Furniture from anywhere in the country. They offer consumers stylish, affordable furniture, and they are best known for their sofa beds.

• Extreme values: Save extra money on new furniture by shopping Jennifer Furniture’s extreme values on their website. Find new deals regularly, so check back often.

• Financing options: Finance your new furniture purchase with a Jennifer Furniture credit card and receive special financing offers. Apply for pre-approval on Jennifer’s website and use the card online or in any of their showrooms.

• Jennifer Elite for designers: Designers who buy high volumes of furniture can receive corporate pricing when they sign up for Jennifer Elite. This program caters to designers, corporate buyers and contractors.

• Wide variety: Jennifer Furniture has something for every room of your house, including living room, bedroom, dining room, kids/teens rooms and more. Shoppers can find their ideal piece of furniture online or by shopping in one of their showrooms.

• Delivery option: Jennifer Furniture offers consumers a delivery option if they do not want to take their furniture home themselves. Drivers will carry furniture up two floors for free, and there is a nominal charge for additional items. Assembly is included with some items. Consult your delivery instructions to see if your item qualifies for free assembly.

• Best for: Cost-savvy shoppers and designers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Jennifer Convertibles Company Information

Jennifer Convertibles
    www.jenniferconvertibles.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business