2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Jennifer Convertibles
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Jennifer Convertibles Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: July 8, 2020

My furniture was supposed to be exchange back in March. Due to the covid-19. I received an email that the store would be closing until further notice. I do understand this but as of July (since no-one is answering their phone lines) or even prior to July they seem to be still selling and shipping furniture but I am unable to reach a anyone to find out the status of furniture. This is ridiculous and very unprofessional. They could at least respond via email and provide an update. I feel like they are acting as if this transaction never happened.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I bought a 3 piece leather sectional sofa, which the company claim to have lifetime warranty. Now the company is claiming they are under new ownership since yesterday 6/22/2020 and will not be honoring any furniture bought previously. Do not buy from this company. They are very shady and do not answer any customer service calls or emails. I have tried many times since my sofa was broken and never got a response!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I put a down payment on furniture on Feb 1 and Feb 21, 2020for 2 different orders. Understandably, when the COVID 19 situation happened everything changed. That being said, I was unable to communicate nor were any communications received from the company. Multiple attempts were made over the 17 week period to get at least any sort of update. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the company. I came to find out today, June 22, 2020, when I went to the store, that the company went out of business during this time, was bought out, therefore no previous customers or their orders would be honored.

A letter dated May 19 was handed to me at the store, which had their attorneys information and what their plan was. I was told to take it to to my bank and they would issue me a credit or do a charge back. The bank said it does not work that way and I should contact the attorney on the paper. Well, I did that, and he was a complete ass because "I do not represent you", meanwhile the letter says to contact him with questions. So now I am out my money and furniture, and found out the hard way that not only is Jennifer Convertibles untrustworthy, but so is the new company that bought them out. Absolute disgrace on all accounts from customer service to transparency. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 16, 2020

I ordered a sofa in February and paid for it. I had bought another sofa from them back in October and it came on time and is lovely, so I thought this would be fine. NO. Silence. No way to get through to store or administrative offices. Full voice mail boxes, circular contact menus that route you around, put you on hold and then disconnect. I complained to BBB who can not get them to respond to me or them.

My credit company is challenging them and has refunded me the charge but that is not final yet and I still had to go online to get a sofa! I think they must have gone out of business early in the quarantine and no one is watching any customer service avenues anymore. Since I have purchased other things ranging from rugs to air conditioners in the last few months from many different suppliers I know the quarantine makes it harder to communicate and one must be patient and expect delays but this is a whole different order of non-responsiveness.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I purchased a dresser and nightstand for my expectant baby (due May 1) on 3/23/20. Despite multiple attempts via email and phone to set up delivery I had been unable to reach ANYONE. When calling the websales number it stated to reply to the email for quick response (had done that 3 times with no response). After getting through the call menu it prompted to stay on the line for the next available representative in which it held for about a minute then said they are experiencing high call volume and sent me to a voicemail to leave a message but the mailbox was full and it hung up on me.

I then called the customer service number in which it said to call the stores directly but then said all other callers to hold on the line for the next available representative in which it proceeded to then hang up on me. My credit card had already been charged the full amount and it has been 2 weeks with no response to set up delivery. If I could give negative stars for customer service I would. Will be disputing this charge and would never recommend shopping at Jennifer Furniture.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Last April 2019, I bought a sectional leather couch from JF in Farmingdale NY. It has been by far the worst purchasing experience of my life. They told me 4-6 weeks for delivery. It took 15 weeks. Then, the couch showed up severely beaten and battered. Even though I had a warranty, they fought me for months about it after sending 2 inspectors (that I had to wait for all day). I obviously wanted the damage fixed. Well, to make a long story short, it is now Mid February of 2020 and the problem has only gotten worse.

After waiting months for the replacement, it too showed up scratched, stained, different color than the rest of the couch and the seams on the fabric didn't fit with the rest of the couch. It has been a week since this happened and the store's head of customer service (Fred) still hasn't contacted me. As in the past, I have to chase them down to get anything taken care of. Never seen a company run so poorly. Never seen such poor quality in furniture. Shop somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I would not recommend buying furniture at Jennifer Convertibles. 1150 dollars sofa we got looks like discounted sofa from some very cheap store. The fabric on the seat part is all wrinkled and there's no way of straightening out. When we called Jennifer store they sent some technician to our house to take a look at it. They stated the wrinkles are normal and since it's all cosmetic issue they are not reliable for exchanging it to different sofa. Demo of the sofa we got in the store looks much much better. We are very disappointed and we'll not buy anything else at Jennifer store.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I wish I would have checked here before I bought my 2 easy chairs! Placed order online early December. Was told it should be on the truck by mid-December. It's now January 14th and now they say mid-February. If I didn't have the matching couch and the good price I got, I would cancel the order! Never buying from them again!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

In October of 2019 we purchased a love seat and a couch. In the store the couch was very comfortable, the ones delivered to my home are not. There are 2 main problems, first they are as hard as a rock and second the recliners do not recline as far as the ones we sat on in the store. Also, there should be a lumbar support in all the seats, there are not. The store will not adjust the items in our home to match the store and claim that what was delivered is what we asked for so there is nothing else they can do for us. My advice, if you buy something from them get some type of 10 day tryout, because the defects that I noted are not ones you can identify on day of delivery, and the store simply does not care if you have a problem.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I ordered a sectional couch from Jennifer and after I purchased it they sent mean email saying that they would charge me $20 for each piece for each floor they have to walk up. I already paid $150 for delivery and now they hit me with new BS charge. Then the guy delivered the furniture and the big piece wouldn't fit up the stairs. So they took it back and I called the company and they said the delivery man should've told me that they could send a man out and take it apart and then put it back together, all for only $215. I told them to cancel and they gave me a very hard time and told me there would be a 30% fee.

They had a manager cell me the next day and he gave me a hard time. Finally they canceled it. I was going to buy a different couch from but they still wouldn't waive the cancel fee. Horrible company. Never do business with them. No class and don't care about the customer. When I worked for a large company, my boss told me the customer was always right. I guess that don't apply here.

Jennifer Convertibles author review by ConsumerAffairs

Shop living room, bedroom, dining and office furniture online or at Home Store locations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Specializes in sofa beds.

• Guarantee: Covers wood frame construction, upholstery fabric, seams, seat cushion cores, springs, bed and recliner mechanisms, mattresses and tables for 1 year.

• Membership: Elite membership available for corporate accounts.

• Refund Policy: Purchases can only be canceled before they are delivered.

• Delivery: Drivers will deliver, set up and assemble new furniture.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team