Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Let me just say proceed with caution. On 22 June, 2017, I went into the Brooklyn Livingston Street showroom to purchase the Murray sofa set with a free recliner that they had advertised online. I spoke to the salesmen, Keenan, about what I was looking for and he wrote up the sale right away. At the time, Jennifer's was also offering free delivery. When I told Keenan I was moving from Bayridge Brooklyn to Tampa, Florida he said they would have to charge me a long distance delivery charge. I quickly informed him nowhere was that advertised which he agreed. It was at that time, Paul, another salesman, explained the free delivery is only for the tri-state area and the company would have to contract a shipping company to make the long distance delivery. I was charged $429 for this delivery service and advised I would receive an email from the delivery company within a day to confirm the delivery date.

On 30 July, I called the showroom to inquire about the delivery and I was told by the person that answered the phone, they would have to follow up with the shipper and that I would receive a callback NLT 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) that evening with the status update. I never received that phone call and on 3 July, I went back to the showroom to once again, inquire about the delivery date. This time I was greeted by another sales person and I explained that I was leaving to Florida the next week and I really needed to speak to the shipper to coordinate and confirm my delivery date. I went as far and told the sales person that I would be able to accept deliveries beginning on 15 July. Supposedly, an email was sent and I was once again told I would receive an email or this time a phone call from the shipper. Needless to say, I never received any.

On 7 July, I went back to the showroom and spoke to the showroom sales manager, Gene, and I explained to him that I had not received any calls or emails as I was constantly advised I would receive in regards to my delivery. Gene told me that he was aware of my situation and he also explained to me that the warehouse was not responding to his or anyone else's email. I told Gene, in my line of business, if no one responds to an email, sometimes you just have to pick up the phone. Gene said he would send another email and attempt to call the warehouse so that he could provide me with an update. That never happened either. On 8 July, I sent an email to the corporate office explaining my situation and the run around stories I had been receiving from the showroom.

On 11 July, my wife received a call from the showroom from the sales person I spoke to on 3 July, and she was extremely rude on the phone with my wife and questioned why I sent the email to their corporate office and why did I go back to the showroom on the 7th to question my delivery status. After hearing this, I went back to the showroom to better understand the nature of the call and see if they had any updates to provide. After much back and forth, I was assured that I would receive an email or call again from the shipper. A recurring theme here, it never happened. Fast forward to 19 July, I called Gene and told him I have not heard anything from anyone about my delivery. This time, he provided me the tracking and telephone number of the courier, Non Stop Delivery (NSD). I called NSD and I received the same run away story I had been receiving from Jennifer's. NSD was blaming Jennifer's for not having the shipment ready.

I spoke to a NSD customer service agent, Louie and he promised me that my shipment will be picked up for delivery NLT 21 July, 2017. I called NSD on 24 July because it still showed not being shipped. I was told I would receive a call the following day with the status of my shipment and guess what, it never happened. I called Jennifer's corporate office and explained that NSD was telling me that Jennifer had to deliver the merchandise to NSD location for delivery to me.

The Jennifer's customer service agent told me the warehouse is closed on Mondays (REALLY?!!) and I would receive a phone call Tuesday morning. Never happened. I called Jennifer's Tuesday afternoon and was then told I would receive a call from a customer service supervisor. I asked the agent when was that going to happen and she said NLT that the next day after which I told her we both knew that was not going to happen and guess what, it did not. Finally, I called CitiCard and put in a dispute because I could no longer deal with Jennifer Convertibles or NSD.

The salesman at the showroom on 86 street Brooklyn were terrible. They were rude and disrespectful. I like some of the furniture they have to offer but their customer service sucks and it is not worth the aggravation. They over charge for deliveries, and do not follow through. You have to call over and over again. I have tried but I will no longer use them. I know they don't care because this has happened before and they never correct the problems. Don't shop there if you want to keep your sanity.

I am so disgusted with this company. In the past I had a great experience with Jennifer Convertibles, so I decided to patronize them again and bought a three piece sofa set from them. After 2 years the chair started to peel and the couch is peeling. I was expecting to keep this furniture for a long time but now I have to pay someone to take it to the dumpster and this was totally a waste of my hard earned money. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Found a convertible sofa at Carle Place showroom. Salesman Gary took the order and told me 7-10 days for delivery. One hour later I received call not available in the color I chose. I had to change color. I called Saturday to confirm delivery. I was told it would be on truck Tuesday and delivered Friday or Sunday. I called yesterday and was told it was not going to be delivered. No communication from the store or salesman. I put a call into Regional Manager Hussain **. He returned my call and told me they are no longer making the product. Poor communication by the salesman Gary. He outright lied to me. Not once but twice. This left me with guests coming to stay at my home without a place to sleep. Do not buy from this store!!!

I recently tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles. I called numerous times both to the 800 number and to the store and got nowhere. I purchased a couch for my daughter along with an additional warranty. Jennifer Convertibles delivered and installed it last year. When we went to move the couch to a different apartment last week the movers tried to take the legs off of the couch. They said the screws were stripped and they were unable to remove the legs. They had to move the couch with the legs on.

I tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles multiple times both by phone and email. When I finally reached Customer (lack of) Service, I was basically told that it was not their problem since I didn't call earlier (I couldn't have since the couch sat in the apartment and didn't need to be moved until last week). Neither Customer service and the store on Central Ave in Scarsdale NY DID NOT care at all about this issue and in addition I wasted money on a warranty that they said doesn't cover this. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Let me start with the background of this order... My husband and I came into the Coram store on 3/11. My dad wanted to gift us our dining room set as a house warming gift since we just closed on our home that week, so he met us at the store. Mario was our salesman, and Andre the manager. The promotion was 10% and no tax. We were grossly overcharged on everything we ordered. Actual prices at the time purchased vs what we were charged:

Music City Cabinet - charged $1,100.00, actual price $719.99. Music City Dining Table - charged $500.00, actual price $449.99. Dining Chairs - charged $260.00 per set of two, actual price $249.00 per set of 2. Arthur Sectional - charged $869.99, actual price $799.99. Myron court sofa - charged $699.99, actual price $602.99 (this I was called a liar for by Andre, because he said it was discontinued, and I didn't find it online. But it was there, and it’s a shame, because I would really like to purchase the loveseat as the room I put this in has enough space for it, but I can't even almost bring myself to do business with this company again).

I saw this online after we purchased the furniture, and I called the store and spoke with Andre who confirmed that the online prices were the same in store. So then I called back with my paperwork, extremely annoyed that we had been ripped off. I contacted Jennifer corporate via email and they said they would take care of it. Andre called my husband asking for his credit card number on 3/20 to issue him a refund in the amount of $180 something dollars... Then called my father for his credit card information to issue him a refund of $480 something dollars. We were told it would take 7 to 10 days. Well this was the 20th of March, and I had to continually call to see what the status was. I was told by corporate it wasn't taken care of until mid-April. It took a month to get the funds back.

Backtracking a little... When we placed the order, my husband, mother, father, and I all listened to Mario tell us that the delivery charge was $200.00 that the dining room would be 4 weeks, and the couches were in stock. That they would call and send the couches first and the dining room after at no extra charge. I figured after 2 weeks and hearing nothing... I called the store to see when the couches are going to be delivered as we just moved into a house and have no furniture. To my surprise (not really though) everything was coming at once. On Friday the 31st. I called the store the day before and they said the trucking company would call after 4 with a time frame. They never called. I had to call the store at 8:30 PM the night before to get that answer, and had to take off a full day of work because apparently, they don't allow you to choose a date, and the only time they deliver to my town is Friday? What kind of BS is that.

Friday the 31st... Delivery arrives. China cabinet has a huge hole on the side of it, hardware is dented, leg of the cabinet is damaged, the door doesn't align and the magnetic closure is busted. One chair is broken, wobbles and has damage. Cheap dining tables wood is peeling off. Extremely upset, because now I have not only been ripped off, called a liar, been lied to, have not been reimbursed the money that is rightfully ours, and had to take off work my furniture comes broken. The delivery guys tell me I have to send it back and wait another 4 weeks for new stuff. UNACCEPTABLE.

I called corporate and spoke to Theresa, I told her all my issues, and I told her I would need all this replaced. She spoke with the driver, and told both he and I that I could keep it until they were replaced. I sent the photos to the Photos@jennifer email followed up numerous times, not one response. I threatened to contact BBB and take you to small claims court, still no response. It wasn't until my negative Yelp review that someone finally reached out to me, but that person told me that they had only ordered (1) chair leg, and completely ignored all the other issues. I went from being angry, to completely livid.

I opened a BBB complaint, that was closed by them prior to the delivery of the new furniture (still haven't received it) based on Jennifer's promise to make this right. I asked for a new sales order number as proof to see it was actually ordered. Order placed 4/7 - they sent me what they pay vs what I paid which is not only totally unprofessional, but an outrage to see what their markup is. The dining room table, the one chair, and the china cabinet their cost is 561.00 and I paid 1450. Since then, the one item of furniture that wasn't damaged, mind you it's been 1 month in a two adult home who works full time and barely has even used it, the sectional is already ripping at the seams.

I am completely outraged by this whole purchase with Jennifer, and would advise that no one ever shops at this store ever. Online shopping is much better with the same name brands. They have ZERO quality control, and I would make any bet that when the replacement set comes, they will be all screwed up as well. I will keep you posted!

I bought a Bonded leather Red Sectional couch 3 years ago. They sold it to me for leather and it peeled from top to bottom terrible so they fixed it and put more bonded leather and it got worst, peeled and they looked horrible, so they gave me a coupon. If I purchased from them again I get half price off. So I bought another sectional couch. This time leather chocolate brown.

The sales person Kareem did not tell me to measure the elevators to see if my new couch fit. I waited all day to have my new couch delivered, took a whole day off to live the worst nightmare with Jennifer Furniture. The delivery people could not fit my couch in the elevator so they left me couchless after I begged them to bring up the couch that fit so I won't be without a couch. On top of that they charge a fee to disassemble the couch. I have to sit on the floor for one week. Thanks to Jennifer leather and those rude delivery guys. I advise people do not do business with Jennifer furniture. Very Disappointed customer!?

I purchased the "Downe" sectional made by Jonathan Louis in the heavenly oyster fabric from Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale, NY. The store has a display of a 117" sectional with chaise. We had been eyeing that sectional for some time and one night, we purchased the sectional and 2 chairs from another maker. Fast forward about 6 weeks and delivery comes. The chairs are fine, but sofa as they unwrap is gray not white, so it goes back. We wait about another 5 weeks, sofa arrives - it's the white heavenly oyster. Delivery men set it up and leave. About an hour later, I'm thinking something looks off, my husband comes home from work and I tell him it looks off. He says - it looks smaller. I measure and lo and behold it's only 97". Normally you would think I would notice, but this sofa was placed in an open area in the middle of a room so it was hard to tell.

I call the store manager at Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale, Mike ** (he has since been relocated to the Queens Village, NY store) and explain the situation to him and he says - "No problem. We will correct the problem and order you the correct size." Fast forward about 4 weeks, I call the store just to confirm that order is being processed and no order to be found and am told to call Mike in the Queens Village store. I call Mike and he says to me that he never said that he would correct the order and that our receipt says 97" on it. I check the receipt and sure enough it does say that, but I never ordered the 97", I ordered the one that was the floor sample in the store which I knew was 117". To me, it's a scam that they did. I didn't even know the sofa came in 97". They are now making the money on a 117" couch and only gave me a 97".

If you insist on buying anything from Jennifer Convertibles make sure you read your invoice before signing and even after signing (I think they add things to invoice after you sign, then tear out your signed copy and give it to you). Things like dimensions and even description. In my case it should have said "Downe sectional with chaise" and they wrote "Downe sofa chaise". One would think that was the same but believe it or not - IT'S NOT!!!

When I purchase the sofa and loveseat pair, I was assured by the salesperson at the Torrance California store that I would received a lifetime warranty for the fabric workmanship. After five years, I had both sofa clean by professionals and stains still appear on the fabric. I immediately contacted Jennifer Convertibles Corporate Offices to received some kind of satisfaction regarding this issue. The customer service representative I spoke to on 04/13/17, informed me that I only had a five-year warranty and that warranty just recently expired on 03/16 without any prior notification from Jennifer Convertibles. I must admit the selling point of my purchase was the lifetime warranty which I didn't received but was offered. I would never purchase anything from JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES and will notify my family and friends to do the same. A classic trick of bait and switch!

Purchased a sofa and I am having an allergic reaction to it. I called J and they said that it's too late to do anything about it. I didn't know it was the couch that was causing this reaction as I am not an allergy sufferer. I usually sit on a chair not the sofa. After the sofa was delivered there was a chemical smell in the room so I opened the windows thinking it would air out. Well 3 months later the smell is getting better but I still get a reaction from it. J told me to have the sofa cleaned. I feel they should take care of this. I wonder what type of fabric treatment they use that is getting me sick. Also when you sit on the sofa, it's a pullout queen size bed, the springs make noise. Now I understand why the don't show sleeper sofas in the store. The service in the store/Hartsdale was good and the delivery crew was good. But they do not stand behind their product. Very disappointed.

After a year and a half my sofa and love seat leather furniture looks like they are 10 yrs old. We've been noticing that it began to sag and getting a discoloration. Wow top grain leather!!! Upon letting them know about the problem, all they did was brush us away from one call to another but going nowhere, oh and mind you we took a protection plan costing me 260.00 dollars for guardsman company to take care of future tear and wear. Finally, nothing was ever done and they through a customer to the curve. WHEN PURCHASING WITH THIS COMPANY PLEASE BEWARE. BAD BUSINESS TO GIVE YOUR MONEY AWAY.

We purchased a 9 piece dining set in March 2016. It was an Ashley product and did not wear well at all. The finish on the top peeled and the legs on the table and chairs began breaking. In Feb 2017, I contacted my salesman, Felix ** in Orange, CT. He sent someone out to look at the set and then offered an exchange. I was able to go into the store and pick out a different set and have it delivered. The experience was remarkably easy and Felix was wonderful to deal with.

I purchased sectional sofa in San Francisco Jennifer Convertibles store 3 years ago for 2500$, plus 3 years extended warranty for this sofa. During 6 months after the purchase I called repair service 7 times (almost every month). The sofa was built so bad that it almost fall apart. Now after 3 years I just paid financing credit off but the funny thing I don't even own this sofa anymore, I just threw this crap away a year ago. But probably the most disgusting thing about this company was that at some point they told me that one piece of this sectional sofa cannot be repaired and they were going to refund me that piece only (one piece costed around 300$). Ok, fine, that made sense so I agreed to accept this refund of 300$, but later it turned that I lost my warranty for the whole sofa because of this refund. This is not what we agreed on with company representative and that was so disgusting cheating.

I attached several images which I took 1 month later after the delivery of this sofa. I'd like to emphasize it was brand new sofa. The funny thing is that in a half a year after the purchase after several visits of repairman and several attempts to fix this sofa they finally sent me a document saying that wasn't factory defect (attached) and happened because of regular wear.

Now in my family every time we mean "bad company" we say "Jennifer Convertibles". Because of multiple negative feedbacks from its customers they have closed business in California, so I wish this company to close all stores nationwide and get out of business completely. It is not American company. It's just gang of cheaters.

Need to get exception to swap couch out. I am writing on behalf of my 90-year-old mother, who accepted delivery of a couch that did not fit the room. I won't go into the entire story because it is not yet done. The one star is for customer service. I have called more numbers than anyone should have to, gotten more "Press 1" and no live people available to speak to. Manager of the store has given me such a run-around, claims to have contacted his manager. His manager hasn't reached out to me. I will update this based on getting the problem resolved through a live person. My mom lives in an adult community of 1000+ people, and she will let everyone know how great - or horrible - her experience with the company was.

I purchased a sleep sofa from one of JENNIFER Furniture's CT stores this past Labor Day weekend. I really liked the look of the sofa & the bonus was that they had a Labor Day sale going on. I waited the amount of time they indicated for delivery & was very excited when I received notification that the sofa was ready. The delivery men were very prompt, polite & efficient. However, I noticed a tear in the fabric in one of the arms- I called the store & was told to call their customer service #. From that point on this has been a horrible experience!

Here we are almost 5 months later & my sofa has not been fixed. Every call I've made to Jennifer's customer service dept. has been a negative experience. First they said they'd send someone to look at the sofa, which they did. I was told they'd order new fabric for the arm & send it to me, and then send someone to fix it. It took over a month to get the fabric & a couple of weeks for someone to come do the repair. When the repair man started working he pointed out that the batting fabric attached to the sofa fabric was a different color than the original. When the sofa is open it would be noticeable & look like I bought it at a fire sale. He took pics & said we'd have to reorder the arm fabric w/ the correct batting.

I called JENNIFER customer service again & got a very rude man on the phone, so asked to speak to the manager. She was not much more polite than the man & couldn't understand my problem since the batting fabric was inside. I told her that my options were to make it right, or return the sofa. She said she'd contact her parts dept. & see what they could do. I asked her to call me back & let me know the status, which she agreed to do. I never heard from her, so I called back & left a voicemail for her. She did return my call & said she never said she'd call me back, but was now going to order new fabric for the opposite arm, so they both match.

I wish I had read all these reviews before doing business w/ JENNIFER Furniture, since there is so much negative feedback about them. However, I am now 5 months into this process & by the time I get the arm fabric it will be 6 months. If this does not solve the problem I will definitely be returning the sofa. And either way, I will never do business w/ Jennifer's again!

Purchased a new couch from this vendor on 11/18/16 and had it delivered on 11/27/16. The couch arrived and was assembled by the delivery service. Once completed the couch was placed in the room and once the service left we left for 2 days. Upon our return we sat on the couch and noticed the next day that a tear appeared in one of the cushions. We went to the store the next day and was informed that they don't handle complaints and was handed a number to call. We called their customer service number and was treated unprofessionally when speaking with their phone representative. The issue was explained and we were questioned how the couch was used and if it's possible we caused the damage.

At that point we asked to speak to someone in supervision and were told that we would have to wait for a return call. Finally after a day or two someone called back with a much better demeanor and it was explained that we barely used the couch and owned it less than a week. They informed us that they would have to send a third party to our home to assess the damage. Although not thrilled with adding another layer to this we agreed. We finally received a call only to find out it would be 4-5 weeks before someone could come by. We had no choice and waited a little over a month for an appointment. On the day of the appointment someone showed up without any indication of when they would arrive.

He came in and looked at the damage, stated it was poor workmanship and he would have to order replacement material. We were informed it could take weeks to get and it would come to us directly. We were also informed we would have to call them again, schedule time for them to come and repair. We told them we want to return the couch since this has become unacceptable. He informed us with a smirk and said "it ain't happening". It's been over two weeks without any word of follow up. The unit continues to sit in a room unused and we are embarrassed to invite anyone over and sit in the area. They should be accountable.

I purchased a sofa in Aug of 2013. Along with purchasing the sofa, it was suggested that I purchase the extra protection (5 year plan) which I did purchase. In Nov. the seat casings near the seam started to peel and one of the seat casings appears to have a tear on it (which incidentally should be covered). After taking the time to take pictures of the sofa and seat casings and mailing the documentation required, I get an email telling me this is not covered in the protection plan. It clearly states in the pamphlet provided to me, that it is. I called the company Guardsman to discuss this matter and did not receive any satisfaction. Apparently, Jennifer Convertible sells these plans, recommends this plan and when you need to use the plans, you are told it is not covered. This is truly a scam. Jennifer Convertible just lost which used to be a satisfied customer.

We ordered the entire Lydia set with 2 three drawer nightstands. When our order was delivered it didn't include the two nightstand and had a damaged Mirror that we had to return. Not only were we not told of this but if we didn't call we would of never gotten anything. After speaking to many people who were the "Manager" we finally were able to get the drawers plus a new non-damaged mirror sent to us. (This was only after we stated we would like to return it all and after over a month of calling weekly.) In this phone call we were told that for our troubles we would get reimbursed at least the shipping fee ($200) and they would let us know if we would get more for the inconvenience. We never heard back and still haven't received the $200 + credit that was promised to us.

I am writing this here because dealing with the store hasn't worked. We ordered this in November of last year and I am still waiting. I would like to have this credit back to my account since we have spent over $4,000 dollars on your furniture. We waited a month for 3 pieces of the furniture and have just been tossed around from "Manager" to "Manager". It's really disheartening because we really like your furniture and planned on going back.

I purchased a sofa bed and love seat from Jennifer Convertibles in Totowa, NJ almost two years ago, shortly thereafter the set was discontinued. The pillows on the sofa bed constantly sink down into the frame making the seating very uncomfortable. I began by going back to the store and addressing it with the manager who sold me the set, he gave me little satisfaction and therefore I began to pursue this with a regional manager who took weeks to get back to me and then offered me nothing to rectify the situation. In the meantime, we used the sofa bed for the second time only to find that the bed is on a complete angle which made it more uncomfortable to say the least.

I called the store manager again and he gave little support as usual. I then put in a call to the regional manager again but as expected he never returned my call. I have found the furniture to be of very poor quality as it is gently used and it seems like the attitude of the company is you bought it you own it regardless of quality and they have demonstrated to have little concern for customer satisfaction. I would avoid making any purchases with this company as their attitude is not to stand behind their products and the customer service is less than respectable. I have never dealt with a company who had less regard for the concerns of a consumer as there are so many companies available who value the business of their clients and work hard to make situations right. This obviously is not the attitude of Jennifer Convertibles.

I purchased a lift up coffee table and it was delivered on 12-13-16 within 2 weeks. While opening the lift up portion of the table the whole face of table came off. It had been put together with staples and glue. I called Customer Service and it took 20 minutes to get someone on the phone who told me that someone would call me to set up appointment, waited 2 days and when no one called I called again. This time I waited 30 minutes to speak with company rep who said it could take up to 5 days for someone to call me back. I would not recommend this company as they only want to take your money not service their customers in a timely manner.

Jennifer Convertibles doesn't stand by their product. I bought a recliner sofa and loveseat. After one month of use, the sofa seats at the ends started to lean outward. They have sent the repair contractor 3 times, each time the mechanical parts are replaced and last about two months before it is back to leaning, the loveseat is separating. We have told Jennifer Convertibles we wanted a replacement for both units as it has been just under 1 year and they said it is normal wear. What type of couch and loveseat that you spends thousands of dollars on, can't stand normal use and fall apart in a couple of months of use after it was originally bought and after each "repair". The reports of poor quality furniture from Jennifer Convertibles still remain. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.

Do not purchase the warranty and the leather products. My entire sleep sofa peeled. I totally wasted my $$$$. The warranty has in small print peeling not covered. I've had this sofa a few years and it was barely used or sat on. I will never purchase from them again.

Beware of buying from here. Shop until you find the same item somewhere else. They don't price match after delivery of the item. Bought item from Short Hills 688 Morris Turnpike, Short Hills, New Jersey 07078. Usually furniture stores does price match for 30 days.

Was delivered the wrong sofa and after waiting all day, the color was close to what we ordered so I accepted it. Sales person PROMISED a refund for the delivery. I will report you to the Better Business Bureau and will contest the purchase on my credit card.

After visiting a number of different furniture stores and sitting on a lot of different sofas, we purchased a sofa and settee from Jennifer Convertibles. It was delivered at the end of March. By June, the back cushions were misshapen and they needed to be plumped and turned every time someone sat down. Jennifer Convertibles sent out a technician who said the cushions could use more fill and he would recommend that to Jennifer Convertibles. 2 weeks later we got a letter from Jennifer Convertibles that the technician reported there was nothing wrong with our cushions.

I complained and they sent someone else from a different company. He said he would recommend to Jennifer Convertibles that more fill be added to the cushions. After 3 weeks I contacted Jennifer Convertibles and they told me the technician had said there was nothing wrong with our cushions. We now have a very expensive couch that looks horrible and is uncomfortable. I am dismayed that Jennifer Convertibles does not stand behind the products they sell. As a real estate agent, I now advise my clients to shop elsewhere when looking for a sofa. I expected more from this company.

I ordered a sofa in August. Literally 3 weeks later the couch was falling apart. Contacted customer service. After a few weeks they decided to give me a credit and pick up the sofa. Instead of purchasing another piece of garbage sofa, I decided to order a bedroom set, since they wouldn't give me a refund. Waited 4 weeks for the furniture to arrive. Truck came today with USED furniture!!! I don't know if it was returned or a floor sample but It was used!!! SCRATCHES and nicks everywhere. Pieces thrown into random boxes. Pieces all over the truck. Of course no one in customer service was around since my delivery came at 6:30pm. I would not recommend anyone buying anything from this company. Now I'm in my bedroom with no furniture and a mattress on the floor. I'm disgusted! And $1600 in the hole!!!

NEVER SHOP HERE!!! DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK! Waited 5 weeks for a couch. Finally I CALLED THEM to get an update and they told me that my couch was destroyed and they wouldn't offer me anything other than a refund because "corporate" said so. But corporate told me on the phone that only the sales manager could help. How is that possible? No apologies from them. No one ever contacted me. I had to call them EVERY time. Every sales manager gave me a different answer. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! DO NOT SHOP WITH SAM!

I purchased the Arthur 2 piece sectional sofa in the store along with the ottoman and insurance. The above couch mentioned was delivered on March 28, 2016. After a few uses we noticed the chaise lounge was squeaking loudly and the couch in the middle looked as if it was sinking inward. We called and had a technician in our home on July 1, 2016. He took apart the chaise lounge and said "these pieces of woods are warped, this needs replacing." He also stated everything else looked fine. I insisted he take a look at the other part of the couch because by just looking at it you could tell it looked as if it was sinking in. He opened it up and said, "The springs needed replacing" and that he would write it all up and we would hear back from the Claims Departments.

First issue is that he did not want to open up this part of the couch until I insisted. After assessing the couch and writing up his findings he asked my boyfriend to sign a document and I asked for a copy. He stated, "If I give you a copy it will void your policy." I have never in my life signed something and not receive a copy, I was furious and asked if I could take a picture of what was signed and he also said it would void my policy. I expressed major concern over this and I told my boyfriend it was a mistake to sign. He was not concerned about this.

This should be something that should be addressed for future customers. The outcome could have been different for us and being that we signed something without receiving a copy we could have signed something we did not want to sign. Also, as the technician was talking to Vincent (my boyfriend) I sat on the couch and he told me: "Don't sit there, the couch is broken." I asked: "Where should I sit?" The couch is broken and this is what I have in my living room to sit on until it is replaced. He pointed to the other end of the couch where it is sunk in. With all that being said it's 24 days and I am not able to sit on my couch since as the technician stated it's broken.

Vincent received a call from Meryl (roughly a week after the technician came to our home) at the claims Department stating that we were entitled to a replacement and to wait to hear back from the showroom with instructions/steps needed to take. We never heard from the show room. I called on July 19, 2016, (a week after we heard from the claims department and exactly 18 days after the tech was in our home) and spoke with Tim at (914) 472-7790 option 4. He stated to me that everything was fine and that we needed to wait for the approval from the manager and that we would get a call that week with the approval number. We never got a call.

On July 21, 2016, Vincent called again for an update. They stated that they had nothing in the system regarding this and that you needed a claim # from the claims department before moving forward. I then called the showroom on Friday at 6:11 pm and asked if they received anything from the claims department and that we were extremely upset with the process. They did not have any information.

I called the claims department as soon as we hung up and they were closed and would not reopen until today. Vincent and I went to the store and expressed our frustration and we selected a new couch. Unfortunately you were unable to process this since they still had not received the claim #. This is RIDICULOUS AND UNPROFESSIONAL. A company so big and in business for so long and we had to make numerous calls and complaints. We looked at several couches and we have decided to go with the gray smaller sectional.

I called the claims department at 516-504-3048 at 9:41 am the next morning and spoke with Meryl (luckily the same person who had processed this for us). She stated to me that she would get back to me with a claim # that she did not have one at this time and it seemed that "it just slipped through the cracks." She hoped to get back to me today if not tomorrow. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? How can this just slip through the cracks. We have done everything we were supposed to do. I reconfirmed with her that this was approved, and that I could get a replacement couch. She stated "yes they will take the couch and ottoman and that I could replace the couch with one of my choosing."

As you can imagine this is frustrating, time consuming and aggravating for us and I am sure for everyone involved. I cannot understand if it's approved what more do I need to do. The couch is defective. I am unable to have company because it's embarrassing to tell someone they cannot sit on our couch or that it squeaks. So after Mary the associate at the Scarsdale location placed the order she first told us the couch was in stock and it should just be a few days. Then she said 8 weeks. Now it's 10 weeks and still no couch. No response to not one email or phone call. We spoke to the district manager Sean ** and he has not reached out again. Mary the sales associate keeps telling us there is nothing she can do. I reached out the regional manager twice and still no call back.

I purchased some leather furniture from Jennifer Convertibles - a sleeper sofa and two recliners. I purchased them during July and in less than 3 months there are tears and marks with spots peeling. Also, I have never had furniture breakdown this rapidly at the seams. I was told that the warranty does not cover any of it. I regret making this purchase!!! Never again from this company!!!

My experience is poor! Jennifer Convertibles is pure junk. Don't waste your time. We bought a motorized sofa convertible and it has fallen apart in less than 18 months. Chinese junk. Poor quality. Poor craftsmanship. Stay away from this stuff. They stole our money.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Profile