2. Homeowners

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Jennifer Convertibles
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.31/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Jennifer Convertibles Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I wish I would have checked here before I bought my 2 easy chairs! Placed order online early December. Was told it should be on the truck by mid-December. It's now January 14th and now they say mid-February. If I didn't have the matching couch and the good price I got, I would cancel the order! Never buying from them again!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

In October of 2019 we purchased a love seat and a couch. In the store the couch was very comfortable, the ones delivered to my home are not. There are 2 main problems, first they are as hard as a rock and second the recliners do not recline as far as the ones we sat on in the store. Also, there should be a lumbar support in all the seats, there are not. The store will not adjust the items in our home to match the store and claim that what was delivered is what we asked for so there is nothing else they can do for us. My advice, if you buy something from them get some type of 10 day tryout, because the defects that I noted are not ones you can identify on day of delivery, and the store simply does not care if you have a problem.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I ordered a sectional couch from Jennifer and after I purchased it they sent mean email saying that they would charge me $20 for each piece for each floor they have to walk up. I already paid $150 for delivery and now they hit me with new BS charge. Then the guy delivered the furniture and the big piece wouldn't fit up the stairs. So they took it back and I called the company and they said the delivery man should've told me that they could send a man out and take it apart and then put it back together, all for only $215. I told them to cancel and they gave me a very hard time and told me there would be a 30% fee.

They had a manager cell me the next day and he gave me a hard time. Finally they canceled it. I was going to buy a different couch from but they still wouldn't waive the cancel fee. Horrible company. Never do business with them. No class and don't care about the customer. When I worked for a large company, my boss told me the customer was always right. I guess that don't apply here.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Mattress didn't lay flat. Delivery guys told me they had to leave it. Called Jennifer. Told I should have sent it back. The worst piece of crap I have ever purchased. Used their products for years. Didn't know how bad it's become. Should have read reviews. DON'T BUY JENNIFER FURNITURE - IT'S CRAP. AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EVEN WORSE!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

We purchased a leather sectional with 2 ottomans, it created a Pit style couch. It was purchased new for the Jennifer showroom in Jensen Beach, FL. They purported the couch to be 100% leather. They lied. Only the print tops of the cushions were leather, the rest was plastic, it began disintegrating and peeling off. I complained to them, but they never answered and then suddenly The showroom went out of business. The one year guarantee, they so proudly boast, means nothing because it falls apart after the year. They have it timed. I had to cover the shredded parts with throws for years until I finally brought them to the dumps. Not even Goodwill would take them, that tells you how horrible they were. Please anyone reading this, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I have plenty of pictures, you can view.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I went to their showroom to pick out furniture and was reassured that with my measurements that the couch would fit into my apartment. No problem. I then ordered it online because it was several hundred dollars cheaper. After 1 1/2 months, I called to inquire where my furniture was and was told that it was stuck in a port in California because of paperwork issues. Finally after 2 months, I was contacted for delivery. The day of delivery, was told that they couldn't fit the couch thru my apartment door and they had to put it thru my window for an extra $200. They then put my window in backwards and my landlord had to have it fixed. When I emailed customer service they were rude and tried to blame it on me as the one responsible for making sure it would fit into my apartment. Horrible customer service, not even an apology. Very disappointed. Would not recommend to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Buyer Beware! On 08/22/19, I left a "price reserve" deposit of $100 on my credit card for a piece of furniture that I was undecided on (I needed to go home with the measurements) simply as a favor to the saleswoman who was a fill-in at the store for that one day so she would receive sales credit in the event I decided to purchase it (MY mistake- lesson to be learned- don't try to be "nice"). I was given verbal and written assurance on the order form that the $100 was unconditionally refundable. When I got home, I realized that the dimensions were not good for my purpose so I called the following day (08/23) to cancel the reserve and was advised they would take care of it on the phone, and the credit on my card would appear in 5 business days. After that time passed with no refund, I called again and was advised by another employee that the refund request showed in the system as "pending" and would post "any day".

A week later (still no refund) I called again and got a female employee who, after hearing my tale, advised that she was the only one authorized to issue said refund (I guess the other employees lied) and would do so that day with the credit posting in 24-48 hours. The following day, my credit card showed a pending credit of $100 from Jennifer Furniture. Case solved? No. The following day, the pending credit was removed and not applied to my account, nor was the original $100 charge removed.

At that point (on 9/12/19), I contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute. When I asked why the credit had disappeared overnight, I was advised that likely Jennifer Furniture withdrew the credit after issuing it. After filing a dispute on the charge, I called Jennifer customer service and was essentially "yessed" to the hilt by an apologetic rep who advised me that she showed the refund as pending and that it would appear in up to 10 business days, but had no explanation why the posted refund was withdrawn. Now I must wait in limbo for up to 90 days while my dispute is considered. Lesson to be learned: never try to be a "nice guy" (my fault for leaving the deposit in the first place so as to enable the saleswoman to receive credit for my possible purchase). Most important- NEVER trust this company with any type of deposit; you will regret it. Such a surprise and shame for a company that has been around for decades!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

The sales agent was quick with his words, promised all the extras that did not happen. Ordered me the wrong couch. Insisted l get the fabric protector service. They don’t combed anything, it’s all a scam! He probably got a check just for recommending them. They are not the same company or do not follow the same standards as the old Jennifer Convertibles. I will never buy anything from them. I hope the set lasts as long as my old set but l was told now they get their parts from overseas. They no longer manufacture in the states.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Jennifer Convertibles in Coram is the worst run store ever. We had impossible dealings with this store.. The salesman that sold us the leather sectional we got was fired 2 days after purchase. We could not speak to him about any of the issues. The Manager of the store at the time was not helpful at all, he did not want to be bothered, told us we should have purchased a more expensive sectional. We had purchased the protection plan for the sectional as advised, shortly I would say 3 months.. the couch started peeling in one section..

I called Guardsman which is the warranty company. They would not cover the peeling. That it was not covered by the extended warranty. Then what is covered. There were many phone calls to Guardsman and to the store. I wound up with a half naked peeled couch!!!! Do not ever go to purchase furniture from this company. They do not stand by their product.. Their warranties are bogus and their customer service is horrible!!

Original review: June 30, 2019

After weeks waiting for my delivery finally got a email from Jennifer Convertibles about a delivery day. They give me two options, Thursday and Saturday. I pick up Thursday which is good for me. After 2 hours another email that a mistake was made, that Thursday wasn’t possible, leave me with one option. So I said ok. Stay home Saturday morning to 8pm, nothing. So I called and chat live, still couldn’t get any help. 8:30 I got a call that another driver will deliver my order. I said ok. 9:45pm another call that the driver couldn’t deliver my order so tomorrow, just like that. So unprofessional, make me wasted my time and money. This is my second and last time I’m ordering from them.

Not sure about Jennifer Convertibles?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Jennifer Convertibles expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shop living room, bedroom, dining and office furniture online or at Home Store locations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Specializes in sofa beds.

• Guarantee: Covers wood frame construction, upholstery fabric, seams, seat cushion cores, springs, bed and recliner mechanisms, mattresses and tables for 1 year.

• Membership: Elite membership available for corporate accounts.

• Refund Policy: Purchases can only be canceled before they are delivered.

• Delivery: Drivers will deliver, set up and assemble new furniture.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team