Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Jennifer Convertibles

Great feedback, Randi. We genuinely appreciate it and glad to hear how pleased you are!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2016

The Arthur sofa bed sectional that we got from Jennifer Convertibles was great. We absolutely love it. The manager who had sold it to me was very helpful. He really assisted the saleswoman whom I spoke to on the phone first. She was very helpful, too. And because it was going in a basement, she recommended that we have the upholsterer, from the start, come to the delivery which was extra money but it was well-spent.

I got the item delivered and it was great. The delivery man was lovely - called in advance but wasn’t sure when he would arrive because he had a lot of deliveries. It was on a Sunday. Then he made special accommodations for us because we were going out later in the day. He changed the schedules and got here on time. He said it would never have made it down the stairs and it’s a much more complicated process to deliver it. They have to return it and take it apart. So he was very reassuring and a positive and pleasant guy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew about Jennifer Convertibles before, and they had exactly what I needed. I purchased a sectional couch, which I needed for the holiday after Thanksgiving. The sales reps were very helpful. I called back the gentleman that was there to inquire about the price because later on that week I saw that it was cheaper. He promised to give me the difference, so I really appreciated that. The only problem I had was that I wanted a certain color, so it was a little bit disheartening that I couldn't get it. I didn’t have time to wait for that color and I'm pretty sure that if I can find the time it would have been perfect. But it's just the nature of how things are, and I still like the color that I got.

Beware of buying from here. Shop until you find the same item somewhere else. They don't price match after delivery of the item. Bought item from Short Hills 688 Morris Turnpike, Short Hills, New Jersey 07078. Usually furniture stores does price match for 30 days.

Was delivered the wrong sofa and after waiting all day, the color was close to what we ordered so I accepted it. Sales person PROMISED a refund for the delivery. I will report you to the Better Business Bureau and will contest the purchase on my credit card.

After visiting a number of different furniture stores and sitting on a lot of different sofas, we purchased a sofa and settee from Jennifer Convertibles. It was delivered at the end of March. By June, the back cushions were misshapen and they needed to be plumped and turned every time someone sat down. Jennifer Convertibles sent out a technician who said the cushions could use more fill and he would recommend that to Jennifer Convertibles. 2 weeks later we got a letter from Jennifer Convertibles that the technician reported there was nothing wrong with our cushions.

I complained and they sent someone else from a different company. He said he would recommend to Jennifer Convertibles that more fill be added to the cushions. After 3 weeks I contacted Jennifer Convertibles and they told me the technician had said there was nothing wrong with our cushions. We now have a very expensive couch that looks horrible and is uncomfortable. I am dismayed that Jennifer Convertibles does not stand behind the products they sell. As a real estate agent, I now advise my clients to shop elsewhere when looking for a sofa. I expected more from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

I ordered a sofa in August. Literally 3 weeks later the couch was falling apart. Contacted customer service. After a few weeks they decided to give me a credit and pick up the sofa. Instead of purchasing another piece of garbage sofa, I decided to order a bedroom set, since they wouldn't give me a refund. Waited 4 weeks for the furniture to arrive. Truck came today with USED furniture!!! I don't know if it was returned or a floor sample but It was used!!! SCRATCHES and nicks everywhere. Pieces thrown into random boxes. Pieces all over the truck. Of course no one in customer service was around since my delivery came at 6:30pm. I would not recommend anyone buying anything from this company. Now I'm in my bedroom with no furniture and a mattress on the floor. I'm disgusted! And $1600 in the hole!!!

NEVER SHOP HERE!!! DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK! Waited 5 weeks for a couch. Finally I CALLED THEM to get an update and they told me that my couch was destroyed and they wouldn't offer me anything other than a refund because "corporate" said so. But corporate told me on the phone that only the sales manager could help. How is that possible? No apologies from them. No one ever contacted me. I had to call them EVERY time. Every sales manager gave me a different answer. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! DO NOT SHOP WITH SAM!

I purchased the Arthur 2 piece sectional sofa in the store along with the ottoman and insurance. The above couch mentioned was delivered on March 28, 2016. After a few uses we noticed the chaise lounge was squeaking loudly and the couch in the middle looked as if it was sinking inward. We called and had a technician in our home on July 1, 2016. He took apart the chaise lounge and said "these pieces of woods are warped, this needs replacing." He also stated everything else looked fine. I insisted he take a look at the other part of the couch because by just looking at it you could tell it looked as if it was sinking in. He opened it up and said, "The springs needed replacing" and that he would write it all up and we would hear back from the Claims Departments.

First issue is that he did not want to open up this part of the couch until I insisted. After assessing the couch and writing up his findings he asked my boyfriend to sign a document and I asked for a copy. He stated, "If I give you a copy it will void your policy." I have never in my life signed something and not receive a copy, I was furious and asked if I could take a picture of what was signed and he also said it would void my policy. I expressed major concern over this and I told my boyfriend it was a mistake to sign. He was not concerned about this.

This should be something that should be addressed for future customers. The outcome could have been different for us and being that we signed something without receiving a copy we could have signed something we did not want to sign. Also, as the technician was talking to Vincent (my boyfriend) I sat on the couch and he told me: "Don't sit there, the couch is broken." I asked: "Where should I sit?" The couch is broken and this is what I have in my living room to sit on until it is replaced. He pointed to the other end of the couch where it is sunk in. With all that being said it's 24 days and I am not able to sit on my couch since as the technician stated it's broken.

Vincent received a call from Meryl (roughly a week after the technician came to our home) at the claims Department stating that we were entitled to a replacement and to wait to hear back from the showroom with instructions/steps needed to take. We never heard from the show room. I called on July 19, 2016, (a week after we heard from the claims department and exactly 18 days after the tech was in our home) and spoke with Tim at (914) 472-7790 option 4. He stated to me that everything was fine and that we needed to wait for the approval from the manager and that we would get a call that week with the approval number. We never got a call.

On July 21, 2016, Vincent called again for an update. They stated that they had nothing in the system regarding this and that you needed a claim # from the claims department before moving forward. I then called the showroom on Friday at 6:11 pm and asked if they received anything from the claims department and that we were extremely upset with the process. They did not have any information.

I called the claims department as soon as we hung up and they were closed and would not reopen until today. Vincent and I went to the store and expressed our frustration and we selected a new couch. Unfortunately you were unable to process this since they still had not received the claim #. This is RIDICULOUS AND UNPROFESSIONAL. A company so big and in business for so long and we had to make numerous calls and complaints. We looked at several couches and we have decided to go with the gray smaller sectional.

I called the claims department at 516-504-3048 at 9:41 am the next morning and spoke with Meryl (luckily the same person who had processed this for us). She stated to me that she would get back to me with a claim # that she did not have one at this time and it seemed that "it just slipped through the cracks." She hoped to get back to me today if not tomorrow. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? How can this just slip through the cracks. We have done everything we were supposed to do. I reconfirmed with her that this was approved, and that I could get a replacement couch. She stated "yes they will take the couch and ottoman and that I could replace the couch with one of my choosing."

As you can imagine this is frustrating, time consuming and aggravating for us and I am sure for everyone involved. I cannot understand if it's approved what more do I need to do. The couch is defective. I am unable to have company because it's embarrassing to tell someone they cannot sit on our couch or that it squeaks. So after Mary the associate at the Scarsdale location placed the order she first told us the couch was in stock and it should just be a few days. Then she said 8 weeks. Now it's 10 weeks and still no couch. No response to not one email or phone call. We spoke to the district manager Sean ** and he has not reached out again. Mary the sales associate keeps telling us there is nothing she can do. I reached out the regional manager twice and still no call back.

I purchased some leather furniture from Jennifer Convertibles - a sleeper sofa and two recliners. I purchased them during July and in less than 3 months there are tears and marks with spots peeling. Also, I have never had furniture breakdown this rapidly at the seams. I was told that the warranty does not cover any of it. I regret making this purchase!!! Never again from this company!!!

My experience is poor! Jennifer Convertibles is pure junk. Don't waste your time. We bought a motorized sofa convertible and it has fallen apart in less than 18 months. Chinese junk. Poor quality. Poor craftsmanship. Stay away from this stuff. They stole our money.

I ordered a leather sofa set from your company. I called and was told that the cushions were removable, that it was made in America and that it had springs not webbing so based on that information I went ahead and ordered the furniture. When it arrived there was discolored water in the bag and that spilled on my floors. Upon further inspection I found that the cushions on the sofas were attached. I emailed the next day to inform them of the incorrect information I was given. I called and asked to speak to a manager. Your manager would not allow me to speak and yelled at me and gave me ridiculous reason to why it was that way. He would not speak to my husband and hung up on us. I have been told numerous times that someone would contact me within 24 to 48 hrs. I am lucky if I don't have to call because it has been 4 to 7 days.

When I got a hold of customer service I was told they do not accept returns long distance which was never disclosed at the time of sale or delivery. Meyel ** was who I spoke to and that she always takes at least 4 days to get back to you. So they don't have to accept a return. I can see why you do not leave the New York area with this kind of customer service. I will never recommend your company based upon this experience. As of this date I still have not received a response about how to deal with this issue.

We bought a loveseat from Jennifer convertibles two years ago. Soon after we got it the cushions started sinking. Great. I email the company & tell them. Someone from a service center called me to make an appointment to come take a look. Ok, good. He comes and orders a new cushion. We put it in & the zipper breaks on the cushion. A cushion that doesn't come off by the way. And it didn't help anyway, it was more than the cushion. I email them again. Same guys comes & says, "It's more than the cushions. I'm going to order you the right part."

The next week two cushions come. So by this time I'm fed up & accept that this is going nowhere. We bought this loveseat from them because we have an eleven year old sectional from them that is great still. I thought this loveseat was a on the expensive side but wanted something that was a good quality. Clearly the company isn't the same as it used to be. I guess we'll be going somewhere else. So my advice is to purchase anything like this with your American Express card, (which we didn't do). So at least someone will be there to help you instead of playing games.

I found a huge tear in the back of my bedroom furniture. It was from delivery or before it was delivered. I called the store, the main customer service line and the credit card number. 3 months later nothing done about it. Not resolved. NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles gave us a good deal, and there was no tax. We also knew about them for years, so we figured we’d try them. We purchased some leather couches from them, with the incliner in it. We had leather before and we only had it for about four years then it turned in color so we asked their rep if it's bonded leather, and he said no. We had it delivered and the crew was nice. We would recommend Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have bought a sofa years ago from Jennifer Convertibles. I gave it to my daughter and she still has it and very happy with it, so I went back. I recently purchased accent furniture chest, a living room set and bedding. I knew what I wanted so I picked up exactly what I wanted. The delivery crew was very nice. They went on and beyond because I had purchased bedding and I didn't get the headboard. They set everything up. They were very courteous and helpful and it was pouring rain so they put a sheet down. They were very solicitous as to not trapping up the home.

I had a very good experience and I am very happy with my purchase. I get some compliments but sadly, the colors were faded and I should have gotten the coding on the sofa. It was a very nice experience. Better than shopping for a car. A couple of people asked where did I get the beautiful furniture and I've told them, "Jennifer Convertibles."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was very good. I liked what I saw from them so I purchased a recliner and it's very comfortable. Their salesman was exceedingly helpful and the delivery crew was very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles was quite reasonably priced than the others when we looked around. We bought a sofa set from them and I like that they're recliners. They're comfortable. Everything was okay with my experience with Jennifer Convertibles.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles is a well-known company. I looked online and they seemed to be the best for my needs. The only issue I had was the day before the delivery, I got a phone call from someone confirming my delivery time and it was totally different from what I had agreed upon with the customer service sales force at the store. They were giving me an afternoon delivery when I specifically asked for a morning delivery. I told the woman on the phone, “That’s not correct. I do need the morning delivery. If it’s going to be an issue, please call me back.” She never called me back.

The next day, I was supposed to have a delivery between 9:00 and 12:00. The delivery came at 2:00, so I had to cancel all the meetings I had arranged in another state. Whoever called me to confirm the delivery was terrible, a total idiot. I made that confirmation two weeks in advance but delivery ruined my day. Other than that, everything else was wonderful. My recent purchases were a coffee table and a TV console. I also love their electric fireplace. I like the quality of the products. Moreover, I enjoyed working with the sales representatives. They were great like the delivery crew, who was fast.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a bed frame from Jennifer Convertibles and we like the whole thing. It was the style my daughter was looking for and they happen to have it. The man we dealt with in the store was very nice. I spoke with him a couple of times and he was very easy to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had bought a couch and an oversized chair a couple of years ago from Jennifer Convertibles and I was very pleased with that. It was made in America and very durable. I also like the variety of the selection of furniture that they had. It wasn't like the run-of-the-mill, same style like every place I go. So I decided when I was looking for a loveseat and couch for my dad, to go back there. I found something I liked and they were running a special that week. I was able to get zero percent interest financing for a couple of years, so the experience was all very good. Their sales rep was also great and patient. I got the sofa delivered several weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. I have recommended them and a friend of mine just bought a couch and loveseat from them also.

I purchased a Jennifer Convertible "bonded" leather sofa a few years ago. I paid around $1500 for it. Within a short amount of time it started to peel horribly. No, I don't have any pets, & my daughter is a big kid so one one was scratching at it. I was told that they actually spray their leather on. My advice to anyone buying a leather couch is to make sure that it is cowhide leather through & through, not bonded or sprayed on. I called Jennifer Convertible customer service & they informed me that my warranty had run out. They offered me a 20% coupon to use on any future purchased, but I doubt that I'll ever shop there again. I would highly recommend their extended warranty plan if purchasing from them because there's a high probably you'll need it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jennifer Convertibles had the style of the bed that I was looking for. My salesperson, Nelson, was also an absolutely awesome guy. He was phenomenal with helping us find what we were looking for and searching for things online for us. We got the bed delivered and the delivery team was also very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a sofa, a loveseat, and a chair from Jennifer Convertibles. I've been looking for a specific color and Jennifer Convertibles was the only place I found it from. The items were also very nice cost-wise and met my budget very well. Their sales rep, Mario, waited on and was excellent. He explained about all the products and how they worked. I plan on going back there and doing more shopping.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've always purchased through Jennifer Convertibles and we've always been happy with the products. Recently, we purchased a sectional. The design consultation we had with them was one of the reasons why we purchased. Moreover, the product cost and quality are exceptional. The sales rep was very helpful and customer service friendly. He was a good salesman. We had the product delivered, and the delivery crew were very efficient and clean. The experience was pleasurable and very easy, and we will be utilizing that store again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There's an area where we live that has a strip of furniture stores. When my fiancé and I were looking for furniture, we went down to the area and bought a bedroom set and a TV stand with a fireplace in it from Jennifer Convertibles. We really love the color of the furniture and the mattress is great. Everything was just perfect. When we walked in, we saw a set that we liked and we went from there. We really like the quality of their product. Their rep was really nice and very helpful. The only issue was the ordering. It took almost 12 weeks for us just to get a night stand. But their delivery team was always so nice. They put everything together which is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I usually buy at Bob's Store but Jennifer Convertibles Farmingdale is right across from the store and I happened to like what they had. I bought a dining room set and their sales rep and delivery team were good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We saw a Jennifer Convertibles sofa bed that looked appealing and with satisfactory size. In fact, what I like most about this sofa bed is the size. We set up delivery and had an excellent experience with that. Right now I'm waiting for a sample of the fabric that we chose which I had requested but have not received yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a sofa bed from Jennifer Convertibles recently and their price is a little bit lower than other stores. The couch is comfortable but I can't believe how uncomfortable the bed is. You can lay on a bed, sit on the couch and it doesn't matter in the store. When you get it to your house and you're on it every day, that's when you know what the quality it really is.

I made a purchase over at the Scarsdale, NY location on 4/02/2016. First let me say I was recommended by my family who have made previous purchases in the past. We were welcomed Sam (sales rep). We informed Sam of the type of couch and fabric (bonded leather $2500). Sam said it will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to manufacture. I informed Sam I would like the couch to have the big chair on the left when I am sitting on it. Also stated, "That means if you are looking at the couch walking to it, the big chair would be on the right." He said, "No problem, we can order it the way you would like it." We were also informed that since we paid a certain amount we are entitled to a free matching ottoman.

On the day of the delivery my wife received the couch and she called me immediately. Within 30 minutes I arrived home to see the couch was ordered wrong and when I took a flashlight to inspect it, I found a rip/tear, faded spot, and the cushions look like the thread was going to rip. I immediately called Sam at the Scarsdale location and he said he will follow up. He then explained to me that there will be another schedule delivery to pick up and replace the couch I received but it will take an additional 4-6 weeks. I received a phone call from a gentleman who wanted to schedule a day. I asked him what is this schedule for? (I was thinking it was for the pick up damaged couch and delivery of our new couch). He informed me it was just to inspect it. We are livid, and want Jennifer Convertibles to pick up this damaged couch and would like our money back.

When I called customer service they told me to take pictures and send them through email. Till this day I have not received a phone call or a response to my email. I am about to call my family and friends and boycott this location for as long as I can. The diagram they drawn only shows the couch as an L. You would think the big chair would go next to it. I believe I have been patient...

When I walked into the Jennifer Convertibles store, I liked the bedroom set they had which I got for my mother. It wasn't too expensive - they had the special promotion and there also was no tax at that time. I love the furniture. The manager was really nice when I had the design consultation. The delivery people were the best as well. They were quick and took out all the garbage. Jennifer Convertibles is a great company.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Profile