2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee

Jennifer Convertibles
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.31/5

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Jennifer Convertibles Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

The sales agent was quick with his words, promised all the extras that did not happen. Ordered me the wrong couch. Insisted l get the fabric protector service. They don’t combed anything, it’s all a scam! He probably got a check just for recommending them. They are not the same company or do not follow the same standards as the old Jennifer Convertibles. I will never buy anything from them. I hope the set lasts as long as my old set but l was told now they get their parts from overseas. They no longer manufacture in the states.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Jennifer Convertibles in Coram is the worst run store ever. We had impossible dealings with this store.. The salesman that sold us the leather sectional we got was fired 2 days after purchase. We could not speak to him about any of the issues. The Manager of the store at the time was not helpful at all, he did not want to be bothered, told us we should have purchased a more expensive sectional. We had purchased the protection plan for the sectional as advised, shortly I would say 3 months.. the couch started peeling in one section..

I called Guardsman which is the warranty company. They would not cover the peeling. That it was not covered by the extended warranty. Then what is covered. There were many phone calls to Guardsman and to the store. I wound up with a half naked peeled couch!!!! Do not ever go to purchase furniture from this company. They do not stand by their product.. Their warranties are bogus and their customer service is horrible!!

Original review: June 30, 2019

After weeks waiting for my delivery finally got a email from Jennifer Convertibles about a delivery day. They give me two options, Thursday and Saturday. I pick up Thursday which is good for me. After 2 hours another email that a mistake was made, that Thursday wasn’t possible, leave me with one option. So I said ok. Stay home Saturday morning to 8pm, nothing. So I called and chat live, still couldn’t get any help. 8:30 I got a call that another driver will deliver my order. I said ok. 9:45pm another call that the driver couldn’t deliver my order so tomorrow, just like that. So unprofessional, make me wasted my time and money. This is my second and last time I’m ordering from them.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My wife and I recently purchased a sofa and love seat from this location. Upon making our purchase, the sales associate said that he was going to drop down the price from $999 to $899 as a favor to us. When I got home I looked up the set online and came to realize that in fact the price was $899. So in fact the sales associate was not doing me a "favor". When we attempted to move the love seat once it was delivered, we noticed that one of the legs was discolored. As I got closer, the leg had been cracked and someone tried to cover it up with a sharpie marker.

I called customer service and they said they would send a new leg and someone to install it. I received a call from the store manager and his response to me after I explained the situation was basically it was the driver's fault and tried to justify the sales associate's actions. I then received a called from who I assume was another manager, who tried to downplay the whole situation. No one is being held accountable nor has anyone offered me any form of compensation for putting up with all of this. I have a whole house to furnish but it won't be from this company due to their deceptive way of doing business.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I’ve purchased several pieces of furniture from Jennifer over the past 24 years. October 2017 I purchased a living room set. 2 electric recliners and electric couch. The back of the couch broke off. The wood split and the back collapsed. I had emergency brain surgery in 2018. We purchased the elite extended warranty that cover just about everything you could think of. I called to open a claim. I was surprised to learn that Guardsman who handles the warranty can not take a claim over the phone. They will email you the form but you. It’s return via post office. In this day of age I find this ridiculous. Due to my health issues, Dr appointments and testing, I printed the form filled it out and mailed it. Due to be received in 33 days from claim. I was denied. See, because it needed to be returned in 30 days!

To be honest I don’t know the exact date I mailed it. I do feel this is a scheme to say "no" to a lot of claims. It’s alright that I the consumer can wait weeks for a rep to be in my area. I explained my situation to the Guardsman rep that was very unfriendly and not one bit cooperative. She would not honor my request to speak to a supervisor or manager which really annoyed me and I did take my frustrations out on her but she was so unprofessional. I called back and spoke to a very nice person named Georgette. Although she was not able to help me she did send an email to the department to appeal the denial and see if they would at least consider reopening due to my illness.

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I have not heard back. I paid over $300 for this warranty and it’s a disgrace that they will not honor it. I know many people that have purchased from other furniture retailers and have not had these issues. I believe my set is discontinued and feel that Jennifer should stand behind their promises even if Guardsman is to blame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

Original review: May 7, 2019

In February, 2019 I placed an order for a specialty sofa sleeper - with a mattress upgrade after visiting so many furniture showrooms and online sites. After 7 weeks I called for the status of my order. I spoke with my salesperson, Mike **, another day Bob (he was filling in from another store) who could not locate my order. Days later I called and spoke with Nikki who also could not locate my order number. I demanded to speak to the manager. Mike ** was unavailable (he was at the Home Depot).

After 5:00pm Mike ** finally called and asked that I call back on Monday. Mike ** advised that the sofa should be delivered next week. On Monday Mike ** called with a lame excuse, the frame has broken. Why wasn’t this in the system and why wouldn’t Mike **, the store manager know this? After 7 weeks of an impending delivery, they offered an unsympathetic and disingenuous “I’m sorry.” So not fair!!! And so many weeks wasted!!! I should have believed all of those negative reviews!!!

I gave Jennifer Furniture, Valley Stream, New York the benefit of the doubt and boy was I wrong. The staff is unprofessional, unorganized and lacks integrity. Hopefully this review will help someone who appreciates their hard earned money, expects professionalism and a commitment to excellence make a better choice than Jennifer Furniture. Jennifer Furniture, Valley Stream, New York is the absolute worst as so many of the reviews indicate - DO NOT SAY YOU WEREN’T WARNED!!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I purchased a leather sofa and loveseat for my son. The leather is literally peeling away! The so-called lifetime leather protection plan does not cover this! What a sham! Do not buy from this company! Products are substandard and defective!

Original review: April 1, 2019

On 2/17/19, I purchased the Jag power reclining sofa and the jag power reclining loveseat with console. Order #: **. The delivery men unpacked my sofas on the curb, and brought them up to the second story of my home. When they left, I noticed a rip in the right arm of the brand new couch. I called customer service and the showroom over and over again, and I FINALLY received a call back from customer service telling me that someone would contact me. The person that contacted me was very nasty over the phone and told me “don’t piss me off” when I asked for his supervisor.

He told me he owns the company that fixes the couches and then laughed when I asked for his supervisor. Told me it was his wife. Fast forward a bit...he came to fix the couch on the following Saturday. He made small talk and told me that he was just on my block the week prior due to the fact that a person across the street had a leather couch delivered from Jennifer Convertibles and the leather couch was ripped badly. He had to repair the couch.

He repaired my BRAND NEW, one week old couch and was on his way. The manager of customer service, Fred, offered me a credit for more furniture at Jennifer Convertibles, which I declined. I told him I wanted money taken off of my couches. He offered me $100 off of $2200 worth of couches! I haggled to get $200 back on my overpriced purchase! Two days later, a screw FELL OUT of my small loveseat sofa with the console. It fell underneath from the couch and my dog almost choked on it. I immediately called customer service and received no call back to date!

Now, the spring is making cranking loud noises on the other side of the love seat sofa, and I have still not received a call back from customer service! I want a NEW sofa with a console! This couch was not even a month old before all these problems started happening. I do not want “someone to come and look at it”. I want a brand new loveseat with a console! It has a screw that fell out and the other side of the recliner is BROKEN! This is ludicrous that I’m even dealing with such a headache, when I should be enjoying a $2200 purchase! I want a new loveseat and I am beyond agitated! I will be bringing This company to court if this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction, and have already filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau! Regards, Tara **

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased a custom $1650 sofa bed. Was told 3 months, took 4 1/2 to be delivered. Couch was poorly constructed, no padding in one arm, felt frame when pressing. Custom through pillows must have been sowed buy 14 year old, not square, pattern not centered, looks like a stomach shaped wad, not a custom pillow! Contacted SAW, Jennifer's 'Fix' company. Fought with them for months, several cancellations on their part, always last minute after I took off from work. Finally attempted a fix 5 1/2 month later, and only did a half job, but too frustrated to complain. Now, 7 months after delivery, sitting on couch watching TV, heard groan, fell 4", my legs sitting on frame!! WTF!! Can't wait to see how crappy the service is going to be this time! Probably going to Channel 6 consumer complaints, as whatever these people tell you is a lie. Buy from Bob's, same quality (but shouldn't be for the money), 1/2 the price!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I paid to have a lifetime of leather repair. I paid $5000.00 for a sectional plus a lifetime warranty to repair or replace worn leather. I have a 2x2 in hole in the leather. I called them and they sent someone over with a camera. He took many pictures of the worn leather and told me that I should have no problem with them replacing the leather. A week later I was called and told that there was nothing wrong with the leather. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and complained. Jennifer offered me $200.00 credit if I wanted to replace my couch with a new one. I would NEVER purchase anything from them again. When I paid for the warranty, it was down-right theft that they did not honor the warranty. Very bad business people and a bunch of thieves.

Jennifer Convertibles Company Information