Jennifer Convertibles

Jennifer Furniture - Lifetime Guarantee Reviews

About Jennifer Convertibles

For over 40 years, Jennifer Convertibles has been a leading home furnishing retailer. By guaranteeing the lowest prices in the market, we enable our customers to furnish their homes at any budget. With professional design consultants at our locations in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Virginia, we are dedicated to helping you design your dream home.

Jennifer Convertibles Reviews

Stars Rating

• 43%
  • 27%
  • 10%
  • 2%
  • 19%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jennifer Convertibles?
    PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2019

Purchased a custom $1650 sofa bed. Was told 3 months, took 4 1/2 to be delivered. Couch was poorly constructed, no padding in one arm, felt frame when pressing. Custom through pillows must have been sowed buy 14 year old, not square, pattern not centered, looks like a stomach shaped wad, not a custom pillow! Contacted SAW, Jennifer's 'Fix' company. Fought with them for months, several cancellations on their part, always last minute after I took off from work. Finally attempted a fix 5 1/2 month later, and only did a half job, but too frustrated to complain. Now, 7 months after delivery, sitting on couch watching TV, heard groan, fell 4", my legs sitting on frame!! WTF!! Can't wait to see how crappy the service is going to be this time! Probably going to Channel 6 consumer complaints, as whatever these people tell you is a lie. Buy from Bob's, same quality (but shouldn't be for the money), 1/2 the price!!

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2019

I paid to have a lifetime of leather repair. I paid $5000.00 for a sectional plus a lifetime warranty to repair or replace worn leather. I have a 2x2 in hole in the leather. I called them and they sent someone over with a camera. He took many pictures of the worn leather and told me that I should have no problem with them replacing the leather. A week later I was called and told that there was nothing wrong with the leather. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and complained. Jennifer offered me $200.00 credit if I wanted to replace my couch with a new one. I would NEVER purchase anything from them again. When I paid for the warranty, it was down-right theft that they did not honor the warranty. Very bad business people and a bunch of thieves.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2018

In 2014 I wanted Top Grain Leather and I paid close to $2000 for my set. Now it is 2018 and my set is peeling like Bonded Leather. I know what Top Grain looks like because my mother purchase Top Grain Leather 17 years ago from Jennifer and her seat is still in great condition. The store should be held responsible for what they're charging and giving to the customer. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE TRULY A RIP OFF COMPANY AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2018

I will never buy from Jennifer Convertibles again. From day one, when we received our furniture, it was damaged. The back corner of our couch was crushed. Then we also noticed there was no padding in the footrests. They sent someone to fix it. But then a few months later our recliner part broke off, they sent someone to repair it. Then just over the time our warranty ended the recliner part broke again. Since it was out of warranty, they gave me a number to call for someone to fix it, but I would have to pay. I called the number but couldn't get in touch with anyone. Meanwhile the seams on my couch and loveseat are splitting.

I am about 135 pounds and my husband is about 200. Not real big people but maybe average. Only two of us sit on the couch and love seat. My kids are grown and out of the house. This is the worse set I have ever purchased. I have bought from other places within the 36 years we are married. I have never experienced this. My sectional couch in the basement was from JC Penney and we purchased it about 5 years ago and it is still going great. Even after having teenagers hang on it.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2018

Wanting to do something nice for my Mom after her recent Cancer diagnosis. I decided to surprise her with new living room sofas since she was also in process of moving. I stopped by Jennifer Furniture Valley Stream NY, That decision turned out to be one of biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life and the worst customer service I ever experienced. I should have walked away when I selected the furniture and the salesman Gene assured me that the delivery would be about two weeks. At the end of the transaction once I paid and paperwork was completed he told me 3 wks. I was angry then but left it alone. Needless to say I did not get a call for delivery until the 4th week and this is when things really went south.

The delivery men refused to set up the sofas claiming there was not enough space. We begged them to leave it, that there was enough space and we would work it out, they left. I then received a call from the store stating I would have to pay a redelivery fee and someone would call me to reschedule the appointment. I was upset knowing that the fact that they went away with the furniture was not my fault and I was not responsible for paying additional fees. After raising hell they waived it, however no one called me back to set another delivery date. I called the following week to be told they already scheduled a date in their system. WHAT? How can they do this without confirming with me?

Five weeks later still no furniture! At this point I was losing it, I communicated that I want to cancel the order and have my money returned. I was told rudely I can do whatever I want but will have to pay 30% restocking fee. I then reached out to the store manager Mike ** in attempt to resolve the situation. He was rude, abrupt and went as far as yelling at me. Each time I would try to speak. He would speak over me. He said he would call me back to discuss and resolve but never did. I went into the store to speak directly with someone. I really broke down, I was in tears, I really did not think in the midst of what my family was going through this was happening. I got names of all parties involved. I saw the initial sales rep Gene who after I left the store called me to say he apologizes and he will make sure my money gets refunded. He never called me back and the refund needless to say never happened.

I decided to go to the top, hoping that corporate would help me. I was wrong. Fred the operations manager was equally as rude. Almost not wanting to be bothered with the whole thing. He too spoke over me and would not give me a chance to speak. It was all so frustrating and there seemed to be no reasoning with these people. After threatening to file a lawsuit, he said, "Go right ahead," and my only option was to have the furniture delivered. No compassion, No apologies. The store held my money for over a month. No one called me to resolve anything. Not even to reschedule the delivery.

After all the back and forth and being stressed out my Mom urged me not to go forward with any lawsuit despite the way I was treated. She was already stressed out and did not want the same for me. She told me to just have them deliver it. Which I reluctantly did. The day the furniture was finally delivered my Mom cried. It looked nothing like it did in the store. It was a 3 pc. Sofa, loveseat and accent chair. The quality was so cheap and poorly made. I spent over $2000 and the legs of the sofas were plastic, not even wood. The delivery men tried to screw the plastic legs but they would not turn completely align all four corners of the sofas. Over $2000 furniture set with cheap plastic base?

I feel so cheated. I feel even worse for my Mom. I tried to do something to raise her spirits and instead brought her to tears. She tries to hide it from me but says every day she walks in the home and sees the sofas she feels so disappointed. I hope this will help someone reading be very cautious if they decide to ever take a trip to Jennifer Furniture Valley Stream or any other location. Make sure to examine the items thoroughly. They care only about making the sale and certainly not about longstanding quality customer service and relationships.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2018

I’ll begin by saying you can NEVER get anyone on the phone. They rely on email. Secondly, their “delivery info” does not stipulate how much your delivery fee will actually be. Once I ordered the bedroom furniture, I had to wait THREE weeks before I received it! Let me be clear. This is NOT high end or custom furniture. Finally the day rolls around for delivery and I get an email that says I’ll be given a “window” email the day before. THREE emails later and still no window. When the delivery showed up, the guys wanted to drop off boxes and hightail it out of my home without putting the furniture together! IT CLEARLY states on the page that putting together furniture is part of the fee paid. They stood and argued for a good 15 minutes before I directed them to call a supervisor.

Finally the “leader” of this little crew came back in and said they’d set it up. 4 fuming guys worked upstairs putting it together muttering and mumbling curses in Spanish. I’ve managed to pick up the language after living on the East Coast for the past 20 years. None of it was flattering or professional. I will never purchase a single item from this company again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. It is the absolute worst. The ONLY reason we went with Jennifer is because my son really liked the design of head and footboard. He had his heart set on it. I’d sooner sit on a tomato box than buy a piece of furniture from this company. Buyer beware is an understatement when dealing with these people.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2018

I was moving and it was a very stressful time. Shawn and Christine at the Paramus NJ store were wonderful. I ordered a living set with lamps, coffee and end tables. I needed a small dining room set in cottage style and Shawn went online and the perfect one so I ordered it. I was under a time constraint and they met my tight deadline for delivery. My experience was WONDERFUL. Love my furniture. Thanks Shawn... You went above and beyond and made it fun.

Reviewed Oct. 24, 2018

I went to the Jennifer on 86th street in Brooklyn looking for bedroom furniture. They didn't have the style I was looking for so they suggested another location in Brooklyn. After going all the way to that store, I see that that store is a LIVING ROOM store and they only have 2 bedroom sets in there. When I asked the guys on the floor if they could show me something in a similar wood (because it's hard to see online) and I basically got a shoulder shrug. Then I went back to 86th street and had to order it sight unseen. BIG MISTAKE. The furniture is so much smaller in the inside than what the measurements are.

One of the drawers was broken so I had to take more time off of work so they could come and fix it. Then they never showed up and never called either. I called the showroom and they said they would try to get some info and call me back. They never called back. After many calls, they told me the driver broke down and his cell phone died. And basically there was nothing they could do about it. They may be able to schedule me for a late delivery. (Which would still have me leaving work early).

The delivery system they have don't give any warning. They call you on a Monday afternoon to see if a Tuesday time slot will work. Do they not realize people work and need to coordinate? The WORST part about this situation is that I need another chest. Because there is no return policy with JC, I have to get it from them. After a week back and forth with the delivery people and the guys in the showroom, all that can be done is $50 off the chest I don't want, but need because the drawer space is SO small.

I ordered this and waited again for a phone call I never got back. All of this took another 2 weeks to coordinate and almost a dozen calls because every time I spoke to someone, they told me they'd call me back. NOT ONCE did any call get returned, so I had to keep calling back. I called to confirm my delivery was coming only to find out that they suddenly didn't have my chest in stock. (Which they had 5 days earlier that I paid for and wouldn't have more in stock for another 5 weeks). FIVE WEEKS! I paid for a dresser that was in stock and now it was gone. Now my option is to get a refund and not get a dresser and have clothes all over, or wait and take more time off. I called the Operations Manager and have not heard back. I will NEVER buy from them again.

CoverageReliability

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2018

The faux leather (pleather) has not held up at all and the insurance purchased is a joke. Everything is not covered. SAD SAD SAD. Both the couch and chair are flaking and peeling. What can you do? Anything at all? Or do we just live with the defective product or toss it.

Price

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2018

I brought 2 sofa, one chaise and coffee table with matching dining table set 12/13/2017 but first day of delivery everything was damage. Some people including manager show up my house and pleased to take the delivery and said we fix the damages or we replace whole thing later some other day but now 10 months later 10/10/2018 still I am calling almost every couple of days nobody helping and they offered $500 off store credit towards damage furniture. Price of furniture I brought more than $10000.00. Really bad experience never wants buy from the Jennifer Convertibles in future. And I order sofa and chaise and dining table same class but they deliver mismatch dining table.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2018

Bad furniture/fake guarantee - Was forced to purchase the 200$ Guardsman warranty or if something went wrong either pay 450$ restocking fee or if later date no coverage. Well the furniture is nearly broken into pieces and they're not covering absolutely anything except to clean a stain. I can clean a stain myself.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2018

Went in recently looking for a couch for my new place and Mike ** helped me find the best priced couch for my budget and quick delivery also. I also recommended couple of my friends to him for a bedroom set and dining set in Valley Stream store also. Thanks Mike!

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2018

So I purchased a sofa online July 6th 2018 and here it is August 18th 2018 still no couch!!! I was informed my couch would take two to three ** wks to get delivered. ** I'm still waiting. I called the company many times from the customer service number they provide online. The first time I called a woman told me my couch would be here around Aug 8th. Still not compared to the two to three wks they said it would be delivered but ok. I asked her was she sure? She absolutely made it positive that the couch would definitely be here. Lies!! The ** really lied. I'm sooo upset. When I argue with my boyfriend I can’t even send him to the couch. What Imma send him to now...the floor???

Two days ago I called again and the same woman picked up. I told her the issue and she asked if I had ordered online or from the store? I told her online. She then stated that since I ordered online she would direct me to the “imaginary” department that deals with the online merchandise. The call goes to voicemail. Afterwards I kept calling and no answer. What’s worst is there isn’t a tracking number to use. A big ** scammm! I kid you not. Please don’t ever buy from Jennifer’s. Isn’t worth it. 451 dollars down the drain. Should have went with my first instinct and ordered from a furniture store next to my house.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2018

On 1/14/18, I ordered Accrington Sectional RAF Chaise/Gray. It was delivered on 2/10/18. Within 10 days of delivery, the seams in several places started to fray and come undone. I immediately contacted Jennifer about the seams. A service technician has come to the home TWICE. The first time, he said that the furniture needed to be replaced and he left. Within a few days, we received a letter saying that we REFUSED attempts to have the furniture repaired and therefore, we could not get a refund or an exchange. This was an lie. We never refused.

We made a second appointment and the second time he came, he stitched the seams and ordered a replacement component for the furniture. The component has been delivered but before I could contact Jennifer furniture to make an appointment to have it installed, the seams the technician had repaired were coming apart again. PLUS there are other seams that have come undone.

I was told I needed to make a THIRD appointment. I made an appointment more than a month out, but was not informed of the time of the technician arrival until the day before. We tried to work with the company to change the time but they were unable to do it, so we missed our third appointment. Now we have to make a fourth appointment for new furniture that fell apart less than two weeks after delivery??! I am extremely disappointed in the quality of your furniture. I am embarrassed for guest to see the furniture because it is so poorly made. I have never had an experience like this before with any furniture I have purchased. At this point, I am expecting either a full refund.

Reviewed Aug. 6, 2018

The company, customer service, and Garden City store are the absolute worst. I ordered a couch on 5/6/18. I was told that there would be a 6 week wait until it could be delivered. (6/17) OK, I didn't care too much for that, but was OK with the wait at 6 weeks. Eight weeks go by, then 10 weeks, then 11 weeks. I called numerous times asking when the couch would be delivered. No answers. I get a call during the 11th week to schedule a delivery date. I refused to do it over the phone because I wanted to discuss in store before hand. They gave me a discount of $160+ tax. OK. I set up delivery for Saturday 8/5. I receive a confirmation phone call the night before and confirm for 12:15pm - 4:15pm. A friend helped me remove my old couch so I would have no issues the next day when the new couch comes.

The day goes by and I am sitting on the floor waiting and waiting. No phone call, nothing. My wife calls and they said they will need to call us back. They call back and say that the delivery was cancelled, but they do not know by who or why... Are you kidding me? They cannot get any answers because "corporate" is closed until Monday. My family is stuck sitting on the floor with no couch and no idea when or if this couch will be delivered. They tell me they will call me first thing on Monday. It is now 12:10pm and I have still not heard from them. I am refraining from calling because I do not want to make a scene at work. Beyond frustrating. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra $50-$100 at another store and save yourself the headache... Horrendous customer service and horrible inventory management.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2018

A must read before you go to Jennifer - First they did this to my 75 year old mother. They said they would deliver on 7/25. Called 2 hours after delivery was scheduled. Said they had no shrink wrap and could not deliver today? What? They charge crazy delivery Fees. $200 plus they charge tax on the delivery Fee ($217.75). If they have to take the legs off the sofa your delivery charge will then be $350 plus tax ($381.06) - oh yes, it gets better. They charged my mother $381.06 to her credit card. The salesmen double talked her. She had no idea what she was paying for. They deliver the furniture on July 30th minus the rug she purchased. The delivery man tells her she owes him $350 in cash - my mother paid him, oh yes, but had her wits about her to make him sign the paper that he took the $350 in cash from her.

The delivery guy also asks my mother for a cigarette that were sitting on her counter, she said she didn't have many left and couldn't give him one. She goes to the bedroom to get the money to pay him, after they leave she realizes he stole all her cigarettes. What a disgusting person. When my mother told me Monday night when I went to see her that all this happened I of course lost it.

Called the showroom. Spoke to Alex, after a heated discussion told me he would give her back the $381.06 if she came to the store with her credit card because they don't keep that information. I could also pick-up her carpet. Wow $381.06 for delivery and I have to go get her carpet and go back to the store for a credit, which would not have been given to her if I did not call them. Total charges for delivery they charged was $731.06 and a pack of cigarettes. I am just completely disgusted and heartbroken that people would do this to a senior citizen. BUYER BEWARE BIG TIME... Check your other options, please.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

My husband and I placed an order for a couch, two recliner chairs, a table, and a mirror on May 8, 2018. After zero communication from our sales rep, we reached out after four weeks to get an update on its progress. We were told it would be another two weeks (we were originally told 4-6 weeks) and that they had said 6-8 weeks. Fine, maybe a miscommunication. Reached about again after six weeks - the next excuse was that there was a shortage in the white fabric for our couch. Fine. Two weeks later, the next excuse was that the warehouse was closed for Fourth of July - for two weeks. Okay, well needless to say, it is now July 30th and still nothing. I am LIVID. Never again!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I ordered a couch on May 20. I have called, and the couch is constantly being delayed by 2 weeks. It is now July 28, and there is another delay until August 7, where it will be shipped to the warehouse. Unbelievable! Am I ever going to get my couch!

Reviewed July 18, 2018

My husband and I ordered our living room couch (Foster 6 piece) on 4/23/18. The website said 6-8 weeks. It's now 7/18/18 and my husband got an email stating we will not be receiving our couch until August. We will never order from Jennifer Convertibles EVER AGAIN. I tried calling to speak to an actual person but the lady I spoke to told me due to the fact we ordered it online there is no actual person to speak to. She stated we can only go through email for answers on our order. My husband and I were donating our present couch to a single mother with children and they have been waiting along with my husband and I because there is very poor communication with the manufacturer and the warehouse. This is to whomever wants to read reviews before purchasing something... DO NOT ORDER FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES??? Had I read reviews before ordering I wouldn't be writing this... I would've taken my business elsewhere???

CoveragePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I thought that my transaction with buying a new sectional sofa went exceedingly well. We were given the price I wanted, our sales rep, Paul **, was helpful and friendly, and it was delivered and assembled by polite and diligent workmen on the date specified. I love the furniture I bought. However, when it came to financing, it was told to me that I was receiving that through the store. Imagine my surprise to receive a Synchrony Bank letter in the mail with my brand new Jennifer Convertibles credit card.

I never asked to sign up for a credit card. Never once was I told I was signing up for a credit card. Nor would I have chosen to get a Synchrony Card. If I had been told that my was only payment option, I would have left. Now, what seemed like a salesman being friendly and helpful is clearly a conman being shifty and trying to keep talking so I can't pay attention to paperwork so he can trick me into applying for a $2,000 line of credit, to cover me for a $1,400 sofa. I asked him twice why it said $2,000 and he said that was the amount that was verified in my credit check. Now I know that it was intentionally over the cost of the sofa in the hopes that I incur late fees, without maxing out the card.

The sad thing is that I really do love my sectional and was planning to buy other furniture from your store in the future. I had been telling everyone about what a great experience it was. Things have been really hard for us this past year, and this was really a high point. The first major piece of brand new furniture I was able to buy as part of a married couple. But it's been sullied by your salesman's dishonesty. I will NEVER be buying from you again. I will be reporting your (most likely) illegal practices to the BBB, and disabusing everyone I know of the idea that shopping Jennifer Convertibles is any different from the typical sleazy operation. I look forward to paying off my debt and closing this account ASAP. I just hope your protection policy is actually what was promised.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

The Order date was July 6, 2018, The delivery date was supposed to be July 10, 2018. They did not deliver my furniture on the day they said, and yes I'm still waiting, they also did not call the night before like they promised. After calling to verify and tracking online no order found. The manager named Charlie says, "Oh I can deliver on Friday because your order got cancelled."

Second after purchasing a power recliner leather and vinyl sofa for $1270.90 including 5 year warranty I saw on their website the same sofa for $728.00. I went back to the store the next day and showed them this and they said, "Ok we will give you the refund," but it has to go through their corporate office, then they wrote down the refund amount on the print out that I gave them from the internet in pen and said wait for the credit from corporate.

Since I paid by 2 Credit cards due to the fact my wife wanted to pay half I should have 2 credit card receipts. Well the lady gave me the merchant copy and the customer copy from my wife card and did not give me my copy from my card. Then she wrote balance due 635.45. I had to go on my credit card account and print out that the payment had posted on both cards to verify that they received the money. They did receive the money on July 8, 2018 from both cards. Still today they did not have my order delivered and they claim the order was kicked out off the computer some kind a way and that it's not usual. TOO MANY RED FLAGS WITH THIS COMPANY. PLEASE STAY VERY FAR AWAY. DO NOT EVER BUY.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I have been extremely unhappy with Jennifer Convertibles since day one! When my bedroom set was delivered the box spring would not fit up the stairs so the delivery men just left it at the bottom of my stairs for me to handle. I had no way to remove the box spring and transport it. Jennifer’s offered no accommodate or ways to help! Then not even a year later one side of my mattress completely collapsed! Again Jennifer’s customer service was awful. I made multiple calls to just try and book an appointment for someone to come and just look at the mattress. When I finally did get through to someone they won’t be coming for 3 weeks. And this is to just look and not even replace the mattress. Extremely unhappy.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Save yourself some trouble and don’t buy from Jennifer Convertibles. They do not stand by their products. We purchased a leather couch and loveseat and after a year the leather started to peel. Customer service refused to do anything. We are left with unsightly pits and peeling with no recourse. All the original salesman’s talk that their products are guaranteed is false. Go elsewhere!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

I have take 2 days off work for a delivery that was scheduled weeks ago! No show, no call and NO RESOLUTION! The audacity and lack of courtesy of your salespeople at you 86th street location in Brooklyn is disgusting. The manager has contacted the delivery department to no avail and the fact that there is no accommodation is absurd. MY 3 YOUNG CHILDREN ARE SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2018

I bought my furniture March 23, 2018. Today is June 19, 2018. I have not received it yet. They said on my paper for the six weeks. Here it is three months later still haven’t received my furniture. Call them today. They supposed to get back in contact with me. Hopefully they do it sometime this week. If not I don’t know what to do. I paid $1381 for sectional. I have not received it yet. It’s very frustrating when you pay for something and don’t do **. I hope they compensate me with something. Please help.

Updated on 06/21/2018: Well I made a review two days ago on Jennifer Convertibles about their delivery. Someone finally got back in touch with me after three months and told me the material for the sectional Color gray was not available so I have to wait until July 14. Before they get the color to go on to the sectional they had to order it so I guess I gotta wait another month before I have my furniture. I hope they compensate me with something because then it will be four months and counting. Please help.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Paramus Route 17 location - If I can give this company zero stars, I would. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this company. I've never been so dissatisfied with a furniture experience such as this one. Upon delivery, there was no damage during delivery; however, the dining table I ordered was scratched. It looks like it was scratched from the company who produced it, but since it wasn't damaged during delivery nothing at that time could be done. Here’s the kicker... after reading the tag on the chair regarding the manufacture, I found the SAME set on WALMART'S website for 300 dollars cheaper! After trying to call the store for an hour, no one picked up. So I went there in person. There were no customers in the store for them to be that busy and not pick up and I called them out on it. The woman said she was just about to check her voicemail. How convenient.

I explained that I found the same dining set online at Walmart and she basically said that was impossible. I told her I’d pull it up but she didn’t seem interested and only took 100 dollars off the price I paid. I explained about the scratches and she said someone will come out to check it, and if there’s nothing they can do, will send me a new table. Just give me a new table. Why do I want to keep something that’s ridiculously overpriced and damaged? At this point it seems more of a headache to return the whole set. So we’ll see if they follow up. I ordered a couch as well that came stained. I really like the look of it though and it was their “last one” so they say. Someone is supposed to come out as well to clean it. Honestly... just so much aggravation and such an inconvenience, just take your money and go elsewhere. I will never do business with this company again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Leaving the same review here as I did on Google reviews and Yelp. Update 05/24: Called back the store to see what was taking so long for the refund. Other gentleman working there said he had no record of any refund and Paul, our salesman, was in the basement but should call us back. Spoiler, he didn't. Again tried, Michael **, again, not picking up his phone. Left yet another voicemail but I think it is becoming time to go to the Better Business Bureau. Update 05/22: After calling the number that was given below, we were given the number of the regional manager, Michael **. Of course Mr. ** does not pick up his phone nor does he respond to several left messages. And to top it off, haven't seen the paltry 108 dollars either.

05/17: Went to the store and found a nice couch, the Murray Road. We bought it, including the extended warranty and including the more expensive delivery where the couch gets taken apart and put back together in your home. The nice gentleman who sold us the couch told us it should be available in 3 to 4 weeks. We were quite happy even though it was a lot of money we spent. We get home and notice that on the receipt he wrote down 4 to 6 weeks. Ok, that's not what he told us but we were ok with it.

After 4 weeks of hearing absolutely nothing, we give the store a call. Our couch never arrived, they, whoever they are, should have called us 2 weeks ago or so and let us know that our couch was delayed and the warehouse would not be receiving it before the 24th of June. Nice gentleman apologized, nothing they could do at the store, was out of their hands blah blah blah, here is 108 dollars compensation for the deluxe delivery. Yay, great, the couch that I should have already had in my house is now not gonna arrive for almost another month and a half. Really? Is this the Jennifer Furniture experience? We tell you 4 weeks but sorry it is gonna be 2 and half months?

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed May 9, 2018

Consumers do yourself a favor a avoid Jennifer leather. I purchased the Riley chocolate brown leather set, I have had nothing but problems with peeling, sinking cushions, it is a real mess. I contacted the so called customer service dept, they sent someone out as a so called courtesy to fix the cushions, but stated that peeling is not covered!!! After purchasing the so called lifetime warranty!!! I would not recommend Jennifer to anyone, they are a ripoff!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2018

I purchased a dining room table on President's Day (February 19th). We were told there would be a 2-4 week delivery window. Long story short, we are not nearly 12 weeks later. I will be sharing the whole experience with everyone I know and contacting headquarters at this point.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

I bought two mattresses form the store. The salesperson was a very nice young man. Although very inexperienced and not knowledgeable on products.

I was supposed to get a phone call the following day, it never happened. I have called the store on 2 occasions and They are giving me the runaround and I am not getting any dates on when my order will be delivered. I have a deadline to have them by!! This is the most unprofessional store I have ever dealt with! I finally did get a callback when we left my husbands name to get a callback. Problem is being worked on and hopefully solved. I am not sure why it is so difficult to give a narrower time frame for delivery?

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed April 21, 2018

We ordered an expensive sofa three months back with proper recommendation by the salesperson and assurance that the product is covered under warranty for everything for one year and we took the protection plan too to be safe. The sofa was delivered after one month with some weird smell and cushions were saggy and when this issue was taken to the sales, they forward me to customer service. The customer service people neither return calls nor pick up the phone. Their voicemail is full too so you have no chance to talk to them. My sofa is in bad condition in five months with bad fabric which is full of lint and doesn't even look like it's new. After calling them n number of times and explaining my situation n number of times, I'm still waiting for a senior person to take care of this. Please if you guys are active on social media and really listen to your customers, respond.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

I am warning you now not to waste your money, time, energy or sanity with this company. While it might be tempting to go stop in since it is one of the only larger furniture companies located in NYC you will regret it the minute you walk out. We ordered a couch and changed the fabric on the floor design. We were told the delivery would take 5 to 7 weeks maximum and that we would get a swatch in the mail of our fabric. We were also told that the company delivers any day during the week in NYC.

After 5 weeks and no swatch of fabric and no communication on estimated delivery, we called our salesman. They told us they could not give us an estimated time but would call back in a week. Spoiler alert. They never called and they will never call you back if you ever reach out for information on your order. We later found out that the salesman and store grossly mishandled the sale, did not input the order in their system until a week after we were in the store, NEVER called us about a fabric issue and 9 WEEKS LATER could not give us a delivery date. On Friday they told us two more weeks, and then on Saturday they told us another month! They charged my card on February 16, 2018, yet had no delivery or update to provide the customer on 4/17/2018.

On top of their negligent behavior they are rude and unprofessional. The sales team has no regard for customer service or concern. They will blow you off, avoid your calls and treat you with no respect, as a paying customer. After all of their negligence, the most they would offer us was free shipping and still no delivery date. Don't waste your time, the leadership of this company is deplorable and fraudulent. Go to Ashley Furniture, it is a short Uber or train from NYC to Secaucus. We went in on a Sunday and will have the couch on the following Wednesday.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Went to the showroom on Rt 22 in Union, picked out a sectional in February, paid in full. At the time the salesperson assured us we would receive it in 3 weeks. We were planning our housewarming and would prefer to have it in time so we agreed and completed the purchase. A few days later we decided to order a living room set as well for our formal living room but rather the store we ordered online. The website gave us an expected delivery date which was also 3 weeks. As promised the living room set delivered as expected but we didnt receive the sectional. We called the store and after 6 days of lies and procrastination we were told it would be another 8 weeks to deliver the sectional. Mind you they never proactively communicated to us the delay. Had we not called we may have never been told.

To make matters worse, the salesperson at the store said they would give us $75 off the price due to the inconvenience but a few days later a gentleman who claims to be the manager, and was very rude and obnoxious says he's not giving us anything. He says he doesnt have the margin for it. We never asked for a credit, they offered it to us. And you dont even have the decency to apologize for the lack of communication! I will NEVER shop there again. Buyer beware.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

This was a purchase from the Union New Jersey store. Paid in full. $1160 including couch tax PLAN and delivery. The lifetime is fraud! Do Not Buy. They would not cover damage TEAR and crack in wood FRAME.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

Really poor reflection on a company when you have extremely combative and unprofessional employees representing you. This sad excuse for a customer service representative was named Kareem. To put icing on the cake he was trying to sell us broken furniture and tried hiding the fact it was severely damaged. These days customer service is what can and will set you apart from the competition and also help your business grow, and equally poor to terrible service will show your busy dwindle and continue to get you bad reviews. Shame on you to employee people who discourage your potential customers this way.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying that this review is based on our most recent transaction. At some time in 2002/2003 we purchased a sofa/loveseat set that lasted us 15 years; this recent purchase was actually to replace the set we got in 2002. Unfortunately, what we received this time - delivery occurred about a month ago - was damaged, unusable furniture. The seats on the sofa and loveseat, the sofa is worse than the loveseat, sink so low that our knees hurt to use them... Not to mention that getting up of the furniture requires that you are in good physical condition because of all of the muscles that are engaged. It's horrible but, what's worse is that Jennifer won't provide us a product that is in new condition!

As required, we called Jennifer and waited about 8-10 days for a technician to come out and assess the furniture; his diagnosis: Collapsed Seats. Jennifer delivered broken furniture, that could not be used for its intended purpose and they don't want to make good on what they promise, furniture that is free of defects. To add insult to injury, Jennifer's version of 100% satisfaction guarantee is to have someone come to our home and install plywood and cushions into the furniture so that, at least, we can sit on it!!? This is criminal and very unfortunate. We will continue to be in contact with Jennifer Convertibles with the hopes that they will hold up their end of the deal.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2018

No communication when my order was put into back order. I thought everything was good, and now I am left with a 5 month pregnant wife sitting on folding chairs in my living room, because your store can't communicate shipping issues.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2018

I recently made a purchase on 1/31 at the location on 6th avenue. I was informed to deliver could take up to 2-3 weeks but that typically the wait time would be less. After a 2 week period, I called the store to inquire about the status of the order and was told it would be another 2-3 weekend before I would receive my delivery. I have two issues here, one is the lack of customer service. Why wasn't I contacted to be informed? And how slick these salespeople are where they tell you all good things to make the sale then could care less about the outcome. The saddest part of this all is that my salesperson is not an employee but apparently the manager. This speaks volumes about the training of these individuals. I highly discourage purchasing from Jennifer's more so the Manhattan location. I would rate a zero had it been an option.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2018

Mind you, we were fools to ever go back to Jennifer Convertibles after we were shafted the first time... never received our sofabed on the promised delivery date before the holidays! They knew we had company coming and could not care less about their false promise! A month later, we figured we'd give them a second chance... only to deal with even more heartache! The delivery company called to come earlier in the morning of date of the delivery, which we now know we never should have granted because the Jennifer Convertibles store was not open as of yet (which gave us no recourse with the situation we were about to face!). The delivery men came very rushed and told us the piece would not fit in the room! They rolled it onto our front patio, fully wrapped, in the tight packing with the ton of cushions inside the wrapping, plus a movable lounger section). They offered to bring it in and leave it in our fully furnished living room!

It was actually getting comical! They also offered to leave it in our garage so it can have it cut in half!!! Absurd... It was getting more and more upsetting by the minute. They made NO attempt whatsoever to get this sofabed in at all, let long try to unwrap one tiny bit (mind you, since then, we have a bigger sofabed from another company in the room that we were told this piece would never fit in!). From there, they called their boss (in which they would not let us speak with) and left with the sofabed saying we "refused it!" If we refused it, why don't they have a signature confirming so?!? Someone refusing an item would have no trouble signing off on that! It was a Saturday morning, they were rushing and wanted to blow off our delivery! When Jennifer Convertibles opened, we went to the store very upset. Once again, they could not care.

We asked them to get the drivers on the phone, so both of us could speak to them together about the situation, but they wouldn't do it (we even tried the cell number that the delivery guys called us from that morning, but they wouldn't pick up!). Then, the salesperson shared that the delivery people don't like to chance trying to fit furniture in tight quarters because if they damage the piece or the doorway, they're liable. "Well, that's just great," I said! The manager then went to the computer and said she would credit it back because they did not seem to want other customers hearing our situation.

When I asked for a receipt, she said that has to come from Corporate. Well... lo and behold, a few weeks later, a charge is on our credit card from Jennifer Convertibles (10% plus the delivery charge!). Unbelievable! No wonder she would not give me the receipt when we were there! DO NOT BUY FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES! We are spreading the word and so are our families and friends! The lies and deceit start right from the top. They can't keep getting away with this!!!

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2018

Had a scheduled delivery for Saturday. Tried to change the date due to a death in family - called three times during the work week and got the complete runaround, as well as disconnected. Finally I was told I would be receiving a call to confirm and at that point to let them know I needed to reschedule. It was then I was told that I would be charged $125 to reschedule delivery. Because it wasn’t within 72 hours. But I had called within 72 hours. I was just given inaccurate info. After getting a friend to wait at my apartment for delivery, I returned home to find a damaged product. The fabric was torn.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2018

Do not purchase material like-leather furniture from this company. And definitely do not purchase any insurance on rips/tears, it's only accidental and only covers a 3 or 5 year time frame. This couch was rarely used to sit on, in our office, and bought in case guests slept over but never used it as a bed. After one year of minimal usage, couch peeled, after 7 years shredded, peeling off entirely. Have to cover it with a blanket. Never used the sofa portion of the couch as rarely used the couch.

Purchased insurance to cover accidental tearing of material (fake leather) on couch but this warranty only covers accidental damage, not if couch deteriorates on its own. Not a good quality couch. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2018

I have been requesting the status of my claim and have not received feedback after leaving multiple messages. My furniture was delivered 12/14/ 2017. I placed my claim immediately and again on 12/15/2017 via customer service. Your technician came within a week and took pictures and heard my claim. I have called and emailed multiple times. Most of the time my calls are dropped emails unanswered. Please respond.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2017

I received my sectional delivery Saturday, two days before Christmas. The frame appeared to be cracked on the corner piece and had to have been hit pretty hard to do this. I pointed it out to the delivery person. He took a picture and called his department, spoke in Spanish (I could not understand). Driver told me someone would contact me and fix or replace the piece. I took a picture and called customer service. They were closed. Tried to call any number that called me just prior to delivery, couldn't get anyone and couldn't leave a message. Called the store where I purchased, they said call customer service after Christmas. I wrote on the paper signature form about the damage (in space indicated) but the electronic form had no such space.

Again, I was assured that this would be addressed. No one called day after Christmas, I was out of town. I called December 27. Of course customer service only received the electronic signature and no report of damage. They said someone will call me within 72 hours. Really not acceptable. The delivery people lied, their warehouse lied, they tried to cover this up and not report this to the company. Even with this, I gave them a tip because it was Christmas and I had hoped it would be resolved. It should have been reported immediately. The couch is notably poorly made as well. I had bought from them years ago and the furniture was great and lasted a long time. I was going to buy more furniture from them this time but probably won't. The attached picture was taken at time of delivery, and at the same time the delivery person took a picture, note the packing plastic in the background.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2017

I purchased a Linda sofa and loveseat back in March 2017. It took some time to get them as the slipcovers are custom made and I ordered black. When I received them, some of the stitching was overlapping, so they sent me new covers. One problem with this slipcover is the stitching is a tan color and the zippers are white, and the material doesn't hide the zippers which I was told right after I purchased it that is the color zipper they use. So at that point I guess I have no choice. July the cushions started to lose firmness. Real bad. I didn't get around to calling until November, but a tech came out and they are sending more cushions.

Now, I noticed that the couch is clicking. One of the supports sounds like it is breaking and I am just so upset because it is just one thing after another, and I spent a lot of money on this set. I am extremely disappointed, at best. I will be calling Monday to report the newest problem but I am just wondering what will happen once I'm out of the 1-year warranty period. I did purchase the 5-year but I'm not sure what that will cover. So extremely disappointed.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2017

Ordered sectional sofa on sept 23... I understand custom orders take time, but we were told 4-6 weeks and every time I call store (Howell NJ) I am told it's on way to warehouse... It is now Dec 3. Never again.

Customer ServiceCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2017

I purchased a sectional and dining room set from Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale. The first day we used the sectional the fabric started to unravel. There are pieces of fabric (threads) pulled out of the weave all over. It is unsightly. I went out and spent $300.00 on furniture covers to protect the furniture after being denied an exchange by Jennifer. When these furniture covers shift the sectional continues to unravel. Moreover I learned that Jennifer Convertibles store manager blatantly lied to me when I purchased this sectional. He told me they were selling this piece because the showroom wanted the floor model in a different color.

When I called to report what was happening this same manager said "We get these pieces in from other places (sketchy) and do not know anything about them." I asked where and he wouldn't tell me. If he had been honest with me up front I would have never purchased an expensive piece of furniture of unknown origin. I really can't believe they are allowed to get away with such unscrupulous and deceptive sales practices. Do NOT purchase your furniture from Jennifer Convertibles/Jennifer Furniture!!!

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2017

Ordered my sectional in August and I waited to find it would arrive in 6-8 weeks. It was much longer than I expected, but since I really liked the sectional I was willing to wait. Fast forward 6-8 weeks and now I'm told I will have it mid-December. DECEMBER. I ordered this in August and now have no couch for my guests on Thanksgiving. This company just messed up my whole holiday because they need 5 months to deliver a sofa. Unbelievably slow, they do not care about customer satisfaction. Purchasing a sofa from this company was a terrible mistake. I bitterly regret ever going to that site. Worst experience!

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2017

Purchased a sofa on October 5th, 2017. They delivered the wrong one and it had a tear in it. I went there to return it and they are saying that the fine print says that you can only do exchanges. If you call the store it goes to customer service. The manager and the regional manager in Connecticut are very rude.

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2017

I've purchased 1 sofa, 1 loveseat and a chair from Jennifer Convertibles and the chair has peeled and ripped in several places. My 1st set of chairs I purchased from there last me at least 10 years. This new set didn't last but 2 years and started to deteriorate. It's a eyesore every time I look at it. I am ready to take action with anyone who have experienced the same.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2017

This sectional is about 2 years old. Feels like I am sitting on the floor. When I get up, I literally have back pain. I called customer service. Finally, after opening a case with BBB they agreed to send me new cushions. Well, the so called "new" were filthy!! Called again. Today I received the other "new" cushions. FILTHY!!! I refused them. When I called customer service, this time they told me it's factory glue!!! It looks like they had it open in the warehouse and someone peed on them! I was told that they will not send me any more cushions. I don't want them! Disgusting!!! Below are the pictures of cushions that I received the first time. The ones I received today I didn't get a chance to take pictures of, the guys just took them away quickly. I will never shop at Jennifer ever again!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Let me just say proceed with caution. On 22 June, 2017, I went into the Brooklyn Livingston Street showroom to purchase the Murray sofa set with a free recliner that they had advertised online. I spoke to the salesmen, Keenan, about what I was looking for and he wrote up the sale right away. At the time, Jennifer's was also offering free delivery. When I told Keenan I was moving from Bayridge Brooklyn to Tampa, Florida he said they would have to charge me a long distance delivery charge. I quickly informed him nowhere was that advertised which he agreed. It was at that time, Paul, another salesman, explained the free delivery is only for the tri-state area and the company would have to contract a shipping company to make the long distance delivery. I was charged $429 for this delivery service and advised I would receive an email from the delivery company within a day to confirm the delivery date.

On 30 July, I called the showroom to inquire about the delivery and I was told by the person that answered the phone, they would have to follow up with the shipper and that I would receive a callback NLT 20:00 (8:00 p.m.) that evening with the status update. I never received that phone call and on 3 July, I went back to the showroom to once again, inquire about the delivery date. This time I was greeted by another sales person and I explained that I was leaving to Florida the next week and I really needed to speak to the shipper to coordinate and confirm my delivery date. I went as far and told the sales person that I would be able to accept deliveries beginning on 15 July. Supposedly, an email was sent and I was once again told I would receive an email or this time a phone call from the shipper. Needless to say, I never received any.

On 7 July, I went back to the showroom and spoke to the showroom sales manager, Gene, and I explained to him that I had not received any calls or emails as I was constantly advised I would receive in regards to my delivery. Gene told me that he was aware of my situation and he also explained to me that the warehouse was not responding to his or anyone else's email. I told Gene, in my line of business, if no one responds to an email, sometimes you just have to pick up the phone. Gene said he would send another email and attempt to call the warehouse so that he could provide me with an update. That never happened either. On 8 July, I sent an email to the corporate office explaining my situation and the run around stories I had been receiving from the showroom.

On 11 July, my wife received a call from the showroom from the sales person I spoke to on 3 July, and she was extremely rude on the phone with my wife and questioned why I sent the email to their corporate office and why did I go back to the showroom on the 7th to question my delivery status. After hearing this, I went back to the showroom to better understand the nature of the call and see if they had any updates to provide. After much back and forth, I was assured that I would receive an email or call again from the shipper. A recurring theme here, it never happened. Fast forward to 19 July, I called Gene and told him I have not heard anything from anyone about my delivery. This time, he provided me the tracking and telephone number of the courier, Non Stop Delivery (NSD). I called NSD and I received the same run away story I had been receiving from Jennifer's. NSD was blaming Jennifer's for not having the shipment ready.

I spoke to a NSD customer service agent, Louie and he promised me that my shipment will be picked up for delivery NLT 21 July, 2017. I called NSD on 24 July because it still showed not being shipped. I was told I would receive a call the following day with the status of my shipment and guess what, it never happened. I called Jennifer's corporate office and explained that NSD was telling me that Jennifer had to deliver the merchandise to NSD location for delivery to me.

The Jennifer's customer service agent told me the warehouse is closed on Mondays (REALLY?!!) and I would receive a phone call Tuesday morning. Never happened. I called Jennifer's Tuesday afternoon and was then told I would receive a call from a customer service supervisor. I asked the agent when was that going to happen and she said NLT that the next day after which I told her we both knew that was not going to happen and guess what, it did not. Finally, I called CitiCard and put in a dispute because I could no longer deal with Jennifer Convertibles or NSD.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

The salesman at the showroom on 86 street Brooklyn were terrible. They were rude and disrespectful. I like some of the furniture they have to offer but their customer service sucks and it is not worth the aggravation. They over charge for deliveries, and do not follow through. You have to call over and over again. I have tried but I will no longer use them. I know they don't care because this has happened before and they never correct the problems. Don't shop there if you want to keep your sanity.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

I am so disgusted with this company. In the past I had a great experience with Jennifer Convertibles, so I decided to patronize them again and bought a three piece sofa set from them. After 2 years the chair started to peel and the couch is peeling. I was expecting to keep this furniture for a long time but now I have to pay someone to take it to the dumpster and this was totally a waste of my hard earned money. After my furniture started to fall apart and peel, I decided to go online to see if there was something that I could do to fix the issue with my furniture and I came across a page of unhappy customer like me complaining about their furniture. I wish there was something I could do legally because Jennifer was well aware of their quality of their furniture. Do not buy from Jennifer Convertibles. You will soon be disappointed.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Found a convertible sofa at Carle Place showroom. Salesman Gary took the order and told me 7-10 days for delivery. One hour later I received call not available in the color I chose. I had to change color. I called Saturday to confirm delivery. I was told it would be on truck Tuesday and delivered Friday or Sunday. I called yesterday and was told it was not going to be delivered. No communication from the store or salesman. I put a call into Regional Manager Hussain **. He returned my call and told me they are no longer making the product. Poor communication by the salesman Gary. He outright lied to me. Not once but twice. This left me with guests coming to stay at my home without a place to sleep. Do not buy from this store!!!

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed June 6, 2017

I recently tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles. I called numerous times both to the 800 number and to the store and got nowhere. I purchased a couch for my daughter along with an additional warranty. Jennifer Convertibles delivered and installed it last year. When we went to move the couch to a different apartment last week the movers tried to take the legs off of the couch. They said the screws were stripped and they were unable to remove the legs. They had to move the couch with the legs on.

I tried to contact Jennifer Convertibles multiple times both by phone and email. When I finally reached Customer (lack of) Service, I was basically told that it was not their problem since I didn't call earlier (I couldn't have since the couch sat in the apartment and didn't need to be moved until last week). Neither Customer service and the store on Central Ave in Scarsdale NY DID NOT care at all about this issue and in addition I wasted money on a warranty that they said doesn't cover this. I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE FROM JENNIFER CONVERTIBLES AGAIN.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Let me start with the background of this order... My husband and I came into the Coram store on 3/11. My dad wanted to gift us our dining room set as a house warming gift since we just closed on our home that week, so he met us at the store. Mario was our salesman, and Andre the manager. The promotion was 10% and no tax. We were grossly overcharged on everything we ordered. Actual prices at the time purchased vs what we were charged:

Music City Cabinet - charged $1,100.00, actual price $719.99. Music City Dining Table - charged $500.00, actual price $449.99. Dining Chairs - charged $260.00 per set of two, actual price $249.00 per set of 2. Arthur Sectional - charged $869.99, actual price $799.99. Myron court sofa - charged $699.99, actual price $602.99 (this I was called a liar for by Andre, because he said it was discontinued, and I didn't find it online. But it was there, and it’s a shame, because I would really like to purchase the loveseat as the room I put this in has enough space for it, but I can't even almost bring myself to do business with this company again).

I saw this online after we purchased the furniture, and I called the store and spoke with Andre who confirmed that the online prices were the same in store. So then I called back with my paperwork, extremely annoyed that we had been ripped off. I contacted Jennifer corporate via email and they said they would take care of it. Andre called my husband asking for his credit card number on 3/20 to issue him a refund in the amount of $180 something dollars... Then called my father for his credit card information to issue him a refund of $480 something dollars. We were told it would take 7 to 10 days. Well this was the 20th of March, and I had to continually call to see what the status was. I was told by corporate it wasn't taken care of until mid-April. It took a month to get the funds back.

Backtracking a little... When we placed the order, my husband, mother, father, and I all listened to Mario tell us that the delivery charge was $200.00 that the dining room would be 4 weeks, and the couches were in stock. That they would call and send the couches first and the dining room after at no extra charge. I figured after 2 weeks and hearing nothing... I called the store to see when the couches are going to be delivered as we just moved into a house and have no furniture. To my surprise (not really though) everything was coming at once. On Friday the 31st. I called the store the day before and they said the trucking company would call after 4 with a time frame. They never called. I had to call the store at 8:30 PM the night before to get that answer, and had to take off a full day of work because apparently, they don't allow you to choose a date, and the only time they deliver to my town is Friday? What kind of BS is that.

Friday the 31st... Delivery arrives. China cabinet has a huge hole on the side of it, hardware is dented, leg of the cabinet is damaged, the door doesn't align and the magnetic closure is busted. One chair is broken, wobbles and has damage. Cheap dining tables wood is peeling off. Extremely upset, because now I have not only been ripped off, called a liar, been lied to, have not been reimbursed the money that is rightfully ours, and had to take off work my furniture comes broken. The delivery guys tell me I have to send it back and wait another 4 weeks for new stuff. UNACCEPTABLE.

I called corporate and spoke to Theresa, I told her all my issues, and I told her I would need all this replaced. She spoke with the driver, and told both he and I that I could keep it until they were replaced. I sent the photos to the Photos@jennifer email followed up numerous times, not one response. I threatened to contact BBB and take you to small claims court, still no response. It wasn't until my negative Yelp review that someone finally reached out to me, but that person told me that they had only ordered (1) chair leg, and completely ignored all the other issues. I went from being angry, to completely livid.

I opened a BBB complaint, that was closed by them prior to the delivery of the new furniture (still haven't received it) based on Jennifer's promise to make this right. I asked for a new sales order number as proof to see it was actually ordered. Order placed 4/7 - they sent me what they pay vs what I paid which is not only totally unprofessional, but an outrage to see what their markup is. The dining room table, the one chair, and the china cabinet their cost is 561.00 and I paid 1450. Since then, the one item of furniture that wasn't damaged, mind you it's been 1 month in a two adult home who works full time and barely has even used it, the sectional is already ripping at the seams.

I am completely outraged by this whole purchase with Jennifer, and would advise that no one ever shops at this store ever. Online shopping is much better with the same name brands. They have ZERO quality control, and I would make any bet that when the replacement set comes, they will be all screwed up as well. I will keep you posted!

Reviewed April 20, 2017

I bought a Bonded leather Red Sectional couch 3 years ago. They sold it to me for leather and it peeled from top to bottom terrible so they fixed it and put more bonded leather and it got worst, peeled and they looked horrible, so they gave me a coupon. If I purchased from them again I get half price off. So I bought another sectional couch. This time leather chocolate brown.

The sales person Kareem did not tell me to measure the elevators to see if my new couch fit. I waited all day to have my new couch delivered, took a whole day off to live the worst nightmare with Jennifer Furniture. The delivery people could not fit my couch in the elevator so they left me couchless after I begged them to bring up the couch that fit so I won't be without a couch. On top of that they charge a fee to disassemble the couch. I have to sit on the floor for one week. Thanks to Jennifer leather and those rude delivery guys. I advise people do not do business with Jennifer furniture. Very Disappointed customer!?

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I purchased the "Downe" sectional made by Jonathan Louis in the heavenly oyster fabric from Jennifer Convertibles in Farmingdale, NY. The store has a display of a 117" sectional with chaise. We had been eyeing that sectional for some time and one night, we purchased the sectional and 2 chairs from another maker. Fast forward about 6 weeks and delivery comes. The chairs are fine, but sofa as they unwrap is gray not white, so it goes back. We wait about another 5 weeks, sofa arrives - it's the white heavenly oyster