1.36/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Dublin, GA

Looking for a good furniture store?

142 Farmers Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I bought a queen bedroom group from Farmers. First the thread came undone in my mattress. They told me if the mattress had a stain they couldn't repair it, that was fine. I bought the things to fix it. Now the wood is splitting on my bed. They are said they they were gonna fix it, they had me send all type of pictures in only for them to tell me no they are gonna fix it. DO THEY ACTUALLY THINK I'M GOING TO CONTINUE PAYING FOR SOMETHING THAT'S BROKEN????

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I purchased the Groovy Sectional Living Room set. It looks great in the store; but it has been the worst furniture purchase ever!. It began when the metal latch that attaches the lounge piece to the sofa broke. My husband is not able to attach the lounge to the sofa. Next, I noticed that the legS on the ottoman all slanted inward. We began calling the store and complaining about the furniture. Farmers said they would fix the ottoman. In the meantime, a few weeks passed and one corner of the ottoman has sunken to the floor because the leg is almost parallel to the floor. We discovered that the frame is not metal or solid wood. It's particle board so the big chunky legs are screwed into a frame which can't support the piece.

Months later, the store replaced the ottoman. The legs still slant inward. We don't use the furniture often; but after about a year and a half of complaining and my husband going back and forth with the store manager. I come home one day and the sofa cushion next to the the right arm is sunken in. We take a closer look and the sofa bottom has basically fallen apart. To our horror, the sofa bottom and frame are made of particle board!!! Little nails are sticking out and exposed; the particle board is exposed! My husband refuses to make any more payments on the furniture.

The store manager won't allow us to select a different set. He only says that he will replace ours with a new set in the same style. What good is that going to do when the furniture is made of particle board and not safe or fit to be used? By the way the swivel side chair does not swivel if you are sitting in it! The store is also sending negative reports to the credit bureau because my husband is refusing to make payments on the furniture that is falling apart and poorly constructed. DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY. MY WORST EXPERIENCE AS A CONSUMER, EVER!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Best advice I can give this is "Shop somewhere else". First of all they care nothing about their customers! I had my recliner only a few ((hours)) not days, not weeks, hours and I called with issues and they basically told me "oh well it's used now so it's your problem not ours." All they care about is the money! Their products are over priced garbage. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I just purchased a couch and recliner from Farmers Furniture in Dillon, SC.The staff was very helpful and friendly and Keith went above and beyond to help. I will receive my furniture Thursday and I'm sure I will be very happy with it. If the quality of their furniture is as good as their service I know I will be very happy. I chose that store. I highly recommend those guys. Keith is just a wonderful salesman. The kind you rarely find these days. He is to be commended.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought a couch from Farmers. Staff was very friendly. Only had the couch less than 90 days now. It came off the showroom floor. Now it's sinking in and pillows won't fluff back up. I've been by 3 times says someone will be out to look at it. The tech called. Going to be 2 weeks from now. Nothing to sit on for 2 weeks. Just wanting them to trade it in. Cannot get a start answer. Quick to get you to sign a loan but customer service sucks so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Been 2 years ago, my sister and myself went to the Farmers Furniture here in Perry Georgia. While during our visit, manager and customer service was very friendly and helpful. My sister purchased a beautiful leather wrap around sectional sofa, since the day of the purchase, every payment has been made right on time for 2 years straight. After the first year, sofa started falling apart, the seats in the sofa are wearing completely out, now one of the recliners, on the end of the sofa, will not recline what so ever. The manager sent Farmers Furniture serviceman out, to pick it up, and send off for repairs. Sectional came back within 2 weeks started falling apart again.

3 weeks ago, we went back to report the problem. Still waiting to hear when they will pick this up and fix this problem, and fix it right. Also she purchased table with 4 stool chairs. Needless to say 2 of the stools are completely falling apart. Hopefully this matter will be resolved shortly. If not maybe we need to load this up and deliver this back to Farmers Furniture. There is no sense of paying for something in this poor of quality. It's really embarrassing, when friends and family visit, and someone almost falls off the sofa, or to even try to sit at the table, in one of your stools that are falling apart. Hopefully this matter will be taken care of. It's really sad that payments have to still be made on this poor quality furniture.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Stay away!! The worst customer service ever! They encourage you to purchase on credit for a better price, but don't tell you they have outdated business practices, such in-store or phone payments only. Solely to collect late fees and beat you with high interest rates. I was waiting for a bill and got a $25 late fee. No, online or mail bill payments. The store manager is rude and extremely unprofessional. The delivery was more than 5 hours late... They are scammers and hustlers that don't honor their word or your business. I will quickly pay them and never return!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I finance a mattress set, TV, and sound bar that was suppose to be 12 months Interest Free back in November of 2017. My intentions were to pay off the loan at tax time as I usually get a good amount back. I financed approximately 1500.00 of stuff, paid payments until Feb. 2018 when I called for payoff thinking it would be somewhere around $1000.00 and was told it was $2800.00 by many employees there even the Finance person. When I pointed out that the total cost of my furniture was half that so how could that be interest free. They still refused to budge.

At this time I did get upset and was hung up on. So finally after not paying for nearly two months on the loan a new employee called me to collect and I explained the situation to her, she was very polite and promised to look into it and call me back. Which she did, and she apologized profusely b/c of the past relations as when she called me back I was right. I was told I owed $847.67. This was in July 2018, I then agreed I would pay 212.00 a month until November so the account could be paid off and wrote this amount down on a piece paper and have kept it till this day.

Fast forward to this week, 2 days ago I called to see when the exact pay off date was due to the fact it was October 31st and I was waiting for a new debit card in the mail. I was told pay off was 287.00 and due by November 11 in order to stay within the 12 month interest free period, sounded right so I thought everything was fine. I called today 2 days later and I was first told $1200.00 for payoff and then now being told $600.00 to payoff. I am completely outraged that this company could get away such indiscretions and can't employee better managers and people to handle their system. NEVER NEVER AGAIN! I am so outraged by this that I would like to file a lawsuit for the anxiety and worry it has caused me!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I’ll start by saying the lady at the store was nice. That’s where it ends. My husband and I bought our first house and wanted a nice bedroom set instead of our hand-me-down falling apart stuff. We bought a bed (which I do love!), and a frame & headboard for it, along with a dresser, 2 nightstands, and an armoire. When the moving guys dropped it off, they broke one of the nightstands and said a new one would be brought to us. Well, as we’d just moved in and we’re still unpacking and painting and such, it was a few weeks before we remembered to call about it. Not sure of the exact dates but it took about a month to get the nightstand.

Shoot ahead a few more weeks and I’ve decided to jump on the shiplap band-wagon and shiplap the wall behind our bed and paint our other 3 walls. In the process of moving the furniture, we found that there’s a fist sized hole in the back of the dresser, a slightly smaller sized hole in the headboard (it’s one of those headboards where the front has a cubby you can put books in or such), the frame is clearly either poorly measured or for a California king size bed (we have a king) so that there’s a solid 6-8 inches between bed and edge of frame, and, the fake top marble of the nightstand came completely off and I had to glue it back on. Not impressed that we paid almost $4,000 for furniture that broken. Never again. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I purchased a couch and loveseat about 5 months ago. We paid really good money for our furniture. Long story short it is no good falling apart and we have requested a new set or trade out for something else. Every time I call I get the runaround... it's been submitted so forth and so forth. I WANT IT REPLACED... all I get is, “We are working on it.” I really hate this because my little sales girl is extremely knowledgeable and so so sweet... I'm going to load it up and set it on their front door. Do not buy from them.

Farmers Furniture Company Information