1.30/5
Based on 108 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Dublin, GA

Last updated: April 11, 2018

121 Farmers Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 11, 2018

We bought a very nice cute fridge and a decent little oven last year and today I wake up to my fridge sputtering, smoke, and a very scary smell. I LUCKILY WAS AWAKE in my living room and heard it as I have 2 small children in the house. Whoa. So, what do I do? They are a seemingly legit company and so nice up there but, both of our appliances are no good.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Farmers Furniture Anniston Alabama. Whoever does the calling will let whomever on the phone make arrangements for you then send you a letter signed Be Rachel Atkins. It stated we are expecting x amount of dollars that you promised to pay on this day. Well it is not the person on the account that they spoke with to make the arrangements. I was in the hospital. And then they burn your cell phone up all day from all kind of different cell numbers and Emails and text messages.

This place will sell you used stuff as new and not tell you. And they add all kind of insurance and warranty that you did not request so they can run the money up as high as they can. And if you ask them why they did when you did not want it. I have home insurance so why should I pay for more. These are the rudest people I have ever came in contact with. Before it became employee own it was a fairly decent place but not anymore. Their merchandise is very poor quality. If I could give them no star I would definitely.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The furniture they sell is very poorly made. I would not recommend this furniture to anyone. It literally falls apart and if you buy their warranty it is useless. They will not replace anything. They make excuses and say that you did something to the furniture. I've had the sofa and loveseat for only a little over a year and you can feel the wood frame when you sit down. Don't buy anything from these people. It's like throwing your money in the garbage.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I received a bed, stereo and a tablet from the Athens, GA store on 3/17/18. Let's just say the experience was mixed, it feel short of 3 stars. The felt on the bottom of the box spring came apart, I was told by the delivery driver they would return and bring a staple gun. They never returned. Spoke with the manager on 3/20/18 and wanted to know what was up. I was informed that the delivery guys apparently had hurt themselves while bringing up my furniture. I would have been perfectly fine with rescheduling if I would've been told they didn't have back braces. I was told someone would be out ASAP to deal with the issue, I'm gonna see if it does happen. They are hard to deal with.

Original review: March 16, 2018

If I could give this company less than one star I would. My fiance bought me a table from here. Within the first week there was a small buckle in the top. Over the next few weeks, more buckling and the table started to separate. He was told to send pictures and they would send someone out, but that didn't happen. He was told that we must have done something to cause the damage. Normal wear and tear shouldn't cause these types of problems. Nevermind, the fact that we insured the table, but they refuse to do anything about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

Original review: March 8, 2018

They keep calling my phone asking for someone. I have told them several times wrong number to stop calling. Every day at least 4 times a day I get a call... Oh not to mention while I'm at work they call my cell phone after being told to stop. I’m really about to press charges on them for harassment... They were very rude to me as well. If I ever want new furniture I know not to deal with them!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Farmers Home Furniture in Calhoun Georgia are completely rude and very disrespectful! Calling constantly even after being told that we are homeless and have no use for the product they refuse to take it back... threatening to go through court all because we are homeless and can’t pay... I don’t believe that is right at all!!! Then to have the lady straight up be rude to my husband on the phone just now calling his mother a liar and talking very disrespectful and in business like!!! I don’t understand how someone could be so rude.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Their collections tactics are terrible, they constantly call even after you've spoken to a representative and have set up a payment arrangement. Why state their late date is on the 10th of every month but call you every day up until the due date? If I as a customer tell you that I will pay by on or the 10th why harass me to come in? This company has incredibly rude people with little to no customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Do NOT go through this awful company to get anything! They are harassing! We fell behind because of medical problems. These people call my cell, my husband's cell, our home, our work, our family, and then when they don't get what they want, do it all over again MULTIPLE times a day. At all hours. Tonight, I screenshot them calling at 8:42p after taking my 1 late payment by. And today, they came to my house, with my kids home alone, banging on the door and scaring my kids to drop off a notice of late payment. Seriously thinking about taking legal action and they can eat what we owe.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I had opened an account with Farmers Furniture to build credit after becoming a widow. Made my payments every month for two years having built a perfect credit score with them. Came March of 2017, I forgot a payment as I had been dealing with health issues. Only time I had forgotten in two years. Customer service at the Gainesville GA Location had told me they would do a forgiveness for me and I needed to sign a form. As I did. I asked if this would affect my credit and they said NO, they would not report as that was part of the form and that I have done so well. Well... I had checked my credit and found out that they had reported it. I went through all the credit agencies and disputed the mark on my credit and they came back to verify the claim. I called Farmers and of course they act like they don't have a clue what you're talking about. They were rude and unprofessionally!

I then called the district manager, he agrees with me on how wrong this was and that the store manager would be calling me to correct the problem, which of course never happened! So I now have to continue to fight for what's right! This same store, a year ago took my credit card information and paid another customer's payment with it, then had the nerve to tell me it was going to take 2 weeks to go back into my bank account! On top of that they make you pay a $4.00 fee to make a payment by phone as they don't offer any other payment option other than to come into the store. I will NEVER do business with this company EVER again! They lie, cheat you and are unprofessional. Take your business elsewhere. FYI... According to lenders they frown on accounts through Farmers Furniture, as it doesn't impress them any, credit-wise.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I am writing this complaint. Due to my furniture not being delivered at all! I called the store and they kept telling me that the delivery guys say 45 minutes. Or I am the next person on the list for furniture to be delivered. Still no delivery. They were supposed to delivered the furniture on Sept 2, 2017. No one called me and told me anything as to say "we are late and won't be coming." I know when a store is closed. The delivery still has to go on until the lady furniture is delivered. This was a bad experience for me. And I will call my attorney.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have used this store previously and was very satisfied but unfortunately I recently purchased a living room set that when was delivered looked like a repo. And cushions was so flat it hurts to sit on it. Called and they said they would come to check it and never did. I called a month later and got a runaround telling me there was nothing they could do.

And then they sold me a TV and fireplace that was supposed to be new but come to find out it was refurbished. And they add one to the account that they say will leave your payment the same. Well it will but you will pay for it a very long time and all the interest and insurance and warranties they add to your acct is ridiculous. They are very rude to you when you try to talk to them regarding any complaints about what your account. Since this Anniston store has changed ownership to employ owned it is the worst I've ever dealt with. I would never recommend them to anyone and will never ever do business with them again. All their things are used and refurbished. Very cheap made. It is more like a rental place than a business. Do not ever do business with Farmers Home Furniture in Anniston Al. If you don't want to get burned.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I have purchased furniture from Farmers Furniture in Arab, AL several times and have never had any issues. However, a year after purchasing a loveseat and sofa in 2015 I lost my job in 2016. I was able to make steady payments because of the money I had saved but eventually that ran out. I called the manager numerous times to work out a plan to make smaller payments and he refused telling me there was nothing he could do. I had to borrow money from my son to make payments and even then I couldn't keep up especially when my unemployment ran out. Now I am 2 mo. the behind again and cannot make a payment so they have threatened to take me to court.

The set that I bought was $659.00 and $699.00 along with the washer and dryer I had $800.00. That would be $2158.00 total. When it was financed I originally owed them almost $4100.00. That is almost double what I actually owed. I now owe less than $1500.00 and they refuse to help me. This place is a joke and they are all rude. My ex husband has tried to make a payment and they have refused to take it. He isn't even on my account but was trying to help me out either!!!! Good luck with trying to take me to court with no job... Come get your crappy furniture that I have already paid almost $3000.00 for. Don't ever, ever buy anything from them. I would rather go through Aaron's or pay cash at a better furniture store!!!

Original review: June 14, 2017

My fiance purchased a bed set for over 1000 dollars. We have had to replace the bed frame twice!! The frame is so cheap. Our drawer handles on our vanity fell off less than two months after we purchased the set. I will never ever ever ever buy anything else from Farmers Furniture!! The frames and dressers are so cheaply made. I am so unsatisfied with everything and cannot believe how much money he has wasted and is still making payments on this cheap worthless set! Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I am writing this review out of concern for others; I just ran across this site. I made a purchase of @ $1000 at a Farmer's in Fort Valley, Ga; however, it was probably in 2013. Nonetheless, I have done several 6-12 months purchases with several businesses and was never required to have insurance and the exorbitant interest included in the purchase price upfront. I was told that one was required to show proof of homeowners insurance if they did not include the insurance at the time of purchase. I have excellent credit and could have gotten the furniture elsewhere but I knew that I would pay it off in the allotted time without having to pay all those charges but what about those disadvantaged and elderly who I saw making purchases there? I thought they will be paying forever because if they make the minimum payment, that is just covering insurance and the interest that they have already included in the final cost.

I paid off my balance within the given 12 month period and the person who handled the final payment told me that she had never handled a transaction to remove these charges. That somewhat confirmed my concern for others who make purchases there. This is my truthful experience and I have discarded all my receipts, paperwork, etc. because I had no intention of doing business again with Farmer's due to what I believed was an unfair and unbelievable policy. I do still have the furniture which is peeling which is because of the material. The salesperson did tell me that I shouldn't have a problem with that because it was a better material. Oh well.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I happened to be in the store to pay on my bill. I always check their AS-IS section. There I found and purchased an AS-IS sectional sofa from their AS-IS section of the store with a price tag of $199.00. It was damaged. I was prepared to pay cash and have it delivered but instead the sales person suggested that I do an "add-on" to my account with about approximately $300.00 dollars cap. Well that "add-on" turned into a $599.00 ticket. My monthly payments went from $122.00 to $125.00. They now claim that I purchased a new sectional sofa that was reduced from $799.00. I was never informed that this was a new piece of furniture. I'm thinking I purchased the AS-IS sofa. They are not telling the truth because the sofa in the "AS-IS" section. I have been hustled. Wondering who else has experienced this unethical practice.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I am a credit customer with this business. They are aware of my pay dates and consistent payments based on court proceedings that their company rushed and filed after having over a year of payments from me. Like clock work, each month on the due date I begin to receive numerous calls from different phone numbers associated with the business. I have requested to the manager that the harassing calls discontinue, especially after I have dealt directly with the manager in reference to my payment. I continue to receive multiple calls as though my account was not updated or communication between sales representatives were not properly disseminated.

This has been one of my most stressful and unpleasant dealings with a creditor. The company is very unprofessional, does not adequately explain clauses within the contract that significantly affect one's total balance (late fees that are not discussed upon obtaining credit and customers are treated in a very condescending manner due to the fact of having fair credit ratings). I would not recommend shopping or applying for credit with Farmers Furniture. They are in the business of putting customers in bondage. Don't go into their store unless you are purchasing with cash. RUN...

Original review: March 8, 2017

I took my daughter to this business to pick out a new bed. She picked out the bed and mattress. The mattress had crayons on it so she was excited. I placed both the bed and mattress on layaway. Paid layaway off within 2 months of me buying it and was told both my mattress and bed would be delivered the next week on Thursday. Waited the next week no bed or mattress. The store said it didn't come on the truck so they made me wait another week for delivery. The following Tuesday the delivery driver called me and my address was incorrect on the order. I was confused because my address has been the same since I was a customer. Once I cleared the address they were going to deliver my bed but no mattress. I called the store and the manager said I paid for a plastic mattress cover and bed but no mattress. Lies!!!

The bed was $399 so if my total was 532 where is the rest of my money? She said my total was 504 and the mattress covers were $69!!! What?!! Then she said, "Bring in your contract!!!" What contract? Never signed one. I paid a layaway no financing!!! I then told her I want my $ back. She said I would have to get it from corporate! Are you serious?!! My baby had to sleep on the couch 'cause she had no bed and cried because she was sooo excited to get a bed and mattress. We even picked out decorations and a bed set for her room. To see my 7 year old upset made me cry. I'm sooo disgusted by this store and will never do business with them again. I just want my money back to get my daughter a bed!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I have never been treated so unprofessional in all my days. Even the store manager was in on it. I was lied to by the salesperson first. Then when I went back today, I was lied to by the credit manager. When I told them it's against the law to pull my credit without my consent and by lying to me they started dating anything just to get rid of me. I told them I'll take it up with the district manager.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I purchased a table and six chairs from Farmers Furniture in Sanford, NC on November 25, 2016. The chairs were back-ordered so they delivered the four chairs that had been on the showroom floor for an undetermined period of time. Two weeks later I asked when the new chairs would be arriving and I was told they did not know. I said, "In that case I want to cancel two of the chairs and receive a discount on the four I received since they were not new." This conversation was with the store manager approximately the 10th of December. I also requested a call to confirm that the credit had been applied.

It is now January 5, 2017 and nothing has been done. I have made numerous calls to the store and the manager is never available. I was told by the credit manager yesterday that the store manager would be there today. I went into the store this morning and the manager is out. I told the credit manager my next call would be to the police as it is apparent that the store manager is not responding. This is totally unprofessional. In addition, it is to Farmers Furniture's detriment. I am looking for a small desk, and matching TV stand for a 55" TV, and a large matching bookcase. Not only will I not purchase these items from Farmers Furniture but I will post this message on the web as an example of how to lose business by being totally unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

Bought a 3 piece living room suite from Farmers Furniture in Ozark, Alabama. The couch is peeling & flaking all over everything, even tiny particles sticking to your clothes. The manager assured me more than 3 months ago, after sending him pictures, that the couch would be replaced. He said it would take 4-6 weeks since this would be a special order. I have been in constant contact with him [Jack] & each time it's the same story. It hasn't arrived at their store but insist that they will replace it. In November, I went to the store to check in with him. He SAID he checked online & that it should arrive at the Ozark store Nov.29th. Did not happen. Called him again, he said it hadn't arrived yet, but assured me AGAIN that it was on back order.

Today is Jan.1, 2017. Still nothing. I think I am being given the runaround. I was told by the manager that the company, Jackson Furniture, by the way, this is Catnapper furniture, got a bad batch of material. That's not my problem. Knowing this, they continued to sell this defective furniture to customers. I have been a loyal customer but will NEVER buy anything else from them. On advice, I will be calling the Better Business Bureau next week.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Went to Farmers Furniture in Sylvania GA to make my payment. When I walked in I noticed the manager was in a rotten mood assisting another customer... I awaited my turn by talking with the sales girls. When I got to the counter she snapped at me about trying to call me that morning... I explained to her that I feed my animals first thing in mornings and am not in the house. She was being nasty attitude towards me... I told her I had a payment to make... She said she wanted the late fees and the monthly... I told her I had my monthly 90.00 and that was all I could make at the time. She refused to take it and said she would come and get my freezer if I did not give her all she wanted then.

I told her I had 90.00 on me to make the payment... She said something smart and I told her 'cause she was in such a lousy mood "Don't take it out on me." She retorted that it wasn't her that couldn't afford her bills... Then we got in to a little insulting match which led to her yelling at me to make the payment she wanted or leave. I told her to ** herself and left...

This morning they are burning my phone up for the payment. When she apologizes she will get it but I'm not her whipping boy when she's in a pissed off mood... And SHE WAS A MANAGER THERE... I'm sure hope no one uses that store while she's there. I liked the other manager... She was nice and she worked my payments with me 'cause I'm an agricultural worker and my job is not a 9-5 or a stable pay check. That store sucks now. I'm gonna go to BADCOCK... They always treated me nice.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

On Monday, Sept 12, 2016 I paid off the remaining balance on my account, which brought my account balance to 0 dollars. Closing my account the store manager Joe personally signed my receipt Paid in Full. I know that as most companies do their report at the end of the month, so expected to show on my credit report at the end of the month. Well it is Oct 4, 2016 and is still on my credit report as open with 107 dollar balance! Mind you every time I was late with a payment it showed up on my credit report like clockwork the next month. So I called the store here in Brewton, Al to speak with the same store manager that had personally signed my receipt, and he said "we have no control over it being reported" and gave me the number to Equifax.

They seemed to get annoyed at the fact that I had paid off my balance, and we're very dismissive, and quickly got off the phone. It's ironic that when they were trying to collect their money, they harassed me with daily back to back phone calls, telling me to please return the call because it was so important. I guess me as a customer being helped was not important enough! Don't buy from them. They are predatory lenders, with very poor customer service skills. All they want to do is get people on the hook and then they show their true colors.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Purchased a nice mattress and entertainment center and TV in 2014. If you are three days late they called my job and my out of town sisters and aunts. They tried to take me to court over 1300. Filed bankruptcy stuff was 4000 total. They made me surrender the items. Never buy anything here or refer anyone here. See like they could have just wrote that off. It was paid for to me because the interest is high. Worst company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I recently bought a table from the store in lyons, ga and it was such a pleasant purchase all the way around. The people were great and so was the delivery team.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I bought a mattress and box spring from Farmers in GA 6 years ago. I have recently moved to Alabama. My bed was sagging and had a huge hump in the middle. When I went to Farmers to ask about the warranty, they sent their man to my house to look at it. When he saw the mattress he said, "Come to the store and get a new mattress. I talked to the store manager and she said we will replace your mattress at no cost to you. I'll have it brought to your house when it comes in." The next week my new mattress was delivered. Finally I'm getting a good night's sleep. I don't know about other Farmers stores but Farmers Furniture in Enterprise, Alabama is great. They warrantied a mattress that I bought at another Farmers. I will definitely buy my furniture at Farmers in Enterprise, AL from now on.

Original review: July 11, 2016

BUYER BEWARE: My complaint at this point is against Farmers Furniture on Abercorn in Savannah, GA. I went in last year to purchase furniture, I was greeted by Rick who then was the manager. He was very kind and understanding. He never made me feel as if I was an inconvenience, he's no longer at the store. I was greeted by a new manager whose name is Bruce. To say the least Bruce is for the company and not the customers who keep the business going.

I went in to purchase a new living room set last year 2015. At the time it was a managers special. I was told that the furniture would be $1949.00 plus taxes. However, upon dealing with Bruce, he wanted me to pay out a previous account which I had been paying on at the time for over a year. I told them that I would wait before purchasing anything else hence the manager's special. I was paying faithfully until I ran into a health problem which has caused me to have to move. I contacted the store and told them when I was going to make a payment which by the way I was only late one time out of two years with the company, those people called me 6 times a day literally as if my situation was going to change, they tried to get me to do a post dated check. I said absolutely not. I asked them to please note on my account when I would be in there, hmph! The calls kept coming.

I also, explained that the living room suit kept breaking and the credit manager assured me that Bruce would be in contact with me. Yeah, right two weeks later and yet nothing has happened except he yelled at me when I was trying to understand why I am owing over $3300.00 on a $1949.00 set that was a manager's special. If this is how Farmers treats their loyal customers I will not be dealing with them ever again.

I also, asked Bruce did I need to contact corporate. He yelled and said "YOU CAN CALL CORPORATE." At that point there was nothing else to be said, I feel as if I have been discriminated against as a ** person, and again as a female, and again as a poor person. He talked at me as if I was illiterate. I'm anything but illiterate. All I ask is to be treated fairly, with dignity not as a $ sign. Farmers really needs to make my account right and not try to explain to me why you are screwing me with no Vaseline, Bruce wants to show me on his paperwork how he's able to manipulate the numbers to his store advantage.

Original review: June 17, 2016

I purchased a 3 piece pit sofa. I spent about $3,000 on this fake leather pit. When I purchased I was not aware that this was fake leather. Now I know, because after 2 years of having this furniture its ruined. I am going to have to throw it away. I can't patch it up. I called the corporate office, left a message and they referred me to the Farmers Furniture I bought it from. They did call me back and ask me to send pictures. I was hopeful something would be done because I did have a warranty, which is useless. Once you pay off it don't count anymore. They basically said they can't do anything for me, not even refer me to someone who can repair. It sucks because you pay a lot for this and after a year or so it's useless and they can't do anything for you. So the warranty is useless and I just felt I got ripped off.

I will never purchase anything from them again. They got their money and don't care about the customer. The pit it started with a small snag, over weeks it grew and started just peeling away if you touched it. Now it's just ruin! Just please be aware that if they say leather please check quality. This material can't be patched up at all. Buyer please be aware. Dont waste your money! Fyi.

Original review: May 17, 2016

I went into the store, bought a living room set. The delivery date to the store was set for the following week on Tuesday. I arranged for the pick-up and when I called the store to alert them I was told the furniture did not come. I was told it would be on the truck the following Friday. I arranged for pick-up for Friday. On Friday the furniture did not come and I was not notified until the person picking it up arrived at the store.

When I got home the afternoon the furniture was not there. I called the store and was told it did not arrive. It was at this time I was first introduced to Derek (the store manager). Derek spoke down to me, was demeaning calling me Ms. ** very sarcastically. When I asked him not to do it anymore he started saying my first name very sarcastically. He approached me in the store room showcase in front of other customers. Finally we reached a contentious agreement that the furniture would be delivered to my house on Tuesday free of charge and that he would refund me a hundred dollar check for the inconvenience.

On the following Tuesday unlike promised, again no furniture and also no call. I had taken off from work early to get the furniture in the house. When I called the store due to the fact that they were a no show and no call, I was told the furniture was in the store and they would deliver it right now. I was angry over the lack of communication but wanted the furniture. I asked Derek if this furniture was the new furniture and not the showroom piece. He assured me it was the new furniture. I asked that the furniture be left in the plastic as my trust in this young man was nil. When the furniture arrived there was no plastic on it but the men assured me it was not the showroom furniture?

Yesterday 5/16/2016 I was looking at the furniture and noticed it sat low on the floor on the left-hand side and so I turned it over and when I did there were scratches along the bottom side and the left leg is malformed making the chair sit askew. I believe that Derek gave me the showroom loveseat (SKU number 165658) simply to appease me and get rid of me. This furniture has been in my house less than a month and already I am having issues with it. I am not sure what merit Derek was given the position he has but I am sure it has nothing to do with his winning personality, customer relations, or his trustworthiness.

I have taken pictures of this furniture (the loveseat) and want it out of my home and replaced with the new piece. I also want the $100.00 refund he promised me as he shot his big mouth off acting as though I was trying to get something for free and that if he dangled the refund in front of my face that would make everything else of no account. This communication transpired in the presence of other customers and employees. All I wanted from this guy was clear communication and follow through on what he promised. If he had told me it would take a month for the furniture it would have been information I needed to make an informed decision about whether I wanted to wait. When I have spoken to others about my experience the responses have been “Was it Derek?” What a coincidence…

Original review: March 9, 2016

Ordered Mattress and box spring on 3/2/16. My sale person set me up for 3/9/16 delivery. I was told I will receive a call 30 minutes before they arrive. I called the store at 11:30 am to confirm delivery. I was told the driver will call from their personal phone so please answer. It is now 4:50 pm. No call, No Show! Called the store and I was told it did not come to the store today. When I called earlier they could have told me that. A day off wasted waiting from 9-4:30 pm. Poor service to customer. I can't even give them a 1/2 star. Too pissed!!!

Farmers Furniture Company Information