Farmers Furniture

Dublin, GA

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On Monday, Sept 12, 2016 I paid off the remaining balance on my account, which brought my account balance to 0 dollars. Closing my account the store manager Joe personally signed my receipt Paid in Full. I know that as most companies do their report at the end of the month, so expected to show on my credit report at the end of the month. Well it is Oct 4, 2016 and is still on my credit report as open with 107 dollar balance! Mind you every time I was late with a payment it showed up on my credit report like clockwork the next month. So I called the store here in Brewton, Al to speak with the same store manager that had personally signed my receipt, and he said "we have no control over it being reported" and gave me the number to Equifax.

They seemed to get annoyed at the fact that I had paid off my balance, and we're very dismissive, and quickly got off the phone. It's ironic that when they were trying to collect their money, they harassed me with daily back to back phone calls, telling me to please return the call because it was so important. I guess me as a customer being helped was not important enough! Don't buy from them. They are predatory lenders, with very poor customer service skills. All they want to do is get people on the hook and then they show their true colors.

Purchased a nice mattress and entertainment center and TV in 2014. If you are three days late they called my job and my out of town sisters and aunts. They tried to take me to court over 1300. Filed bankruptcy stuff was 4000 total. They made me surrender the items. Never buy anything here or refer anyone here. See like they could have just wrote that off. It was paid for to me because the interest is high. Worst company.

I recently bought a table from the store in lyons, ga and it was such a pleasant purchase all the way around. The people were great and so was the delivery team.

I bought a mattress and box spring from Farmers in GA 6 years ago. I have recently moved to Alabama. My bed was sagging and had a huge hump in the middle. When I went to Farmers to ask about the warranty, they sent their man to my house to look at it. When he saw the mattress he said, "Come to the store and get a new mattress. I talked to the store manager and she said we will replace your mattress at no cost to you. I'll have it brought to your house when it comes in." The next week my new mattress was delivered. Finally I'm getting a good night's sleep. I don't know about other Farmers stores but Farmers Furniture in Enterprise, Alabama is great. They warrantied a mattress that I bought at another Farmers. I will definitely buy my furniture at Farmers in Enterprise, AL from now on.

BUYER BEWARE: My complaint at this point is against Farmers Furniture on Abercorn in Savannah, GA. I went in last year to purchase furniture, I was greeted by Rick who then was the manager. He was very kind and understanding. He never made me feel as if I was an inconvenience, he's no longer at the store. I was greeted by a new manager whose name is Bruce. To say the least Bruce is for the company and not the customers who keep the business going.

I went in to purchase a new living room set last year 2015. At the time it was a managers special. I was told that the furniture would be $1949.00 plus taxes. However, upon dealing with Bruce, he wanted me to pay out a previous account which I had been paying on at the time for over a year. I told them that I would wait before purchasing anything else hence the manager's special. I was paying faithfully until I ran into a health problem which has caused me to have to move. I contacted the store and told them when I was going to make a payment which by the way I was only late one time out of two years with the company, those people called me 6 times a day literally as if my situation was going to change, they tried to get me to do a post dated check. I said absolutely not. I asked them to please note on my account when I would be in there, hmph! The calls kept coming.

I also, explained that the living room suit kept breaking and the credit manager assured me that Bruce would be in contact with me. Yeah, right two weeks later and yet nothing has happened except he yelled at me when I was trying to understand why I am owing over $3300.00 on a $1949.00 set that was a manager's special. If this is how Farmers treats their loyal customers I will not be dealing with them ever again.

I also, asked Bruce did I need to contact corporate. He yelled and said "YOU CAN CALL CORPORATE." At that point there was nothing else to be said, I feel as if I have been discriminated against as a ** person, and again as a female, and again as a poor person. He talked at me as if I was illiterate. I'm anything but illiterate. All I ask is to be treated fairly, with dignity not as a $ sign. Farmers really needs to make my account right and not try to explain to me why you are screwing me with no Vaseline, Bruce wants to show me on his paperwork how he's able to manipulate the numbers to his store advantage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

I purchased a 3 piece pit sofa. I spent about $3,000 on this fake leather pit. When I purchased I was not aware that this was fake leather. Now I know, because after 2 years of having this furniture its ruined. I am going to have to throw it away. I can't patch it up. I called the corporate office, left a message and they referred me to the Farmers Furniture I bought it from. They did call me back and ask me to send pictures. I was hopeful something would be done because I did have a warranty, which is useless. Once you pay off it don't count anymore. They basically said they can't do anything for me, not even refer me to someone who can repair. It sucks because you pay a lot for this and after a year or so it's useless and they can't do anything for you. So the warranty is useless and I just felt I got ripped off.

I will never purchase anything from them again. They got their money and don't care about the customer. The pit it started with a small snag, over weeks it grew and started just peeling away if you touched it. Now it's just ruin! Just please be aware that if they say leather please check quality. This material can't be patched up at all. Buyer please be aware. Dont waste your money! Fyi.

I went into the store, bought a living room set. The delivery date to the store was set for the following week on Tuesday. I arranged for the pick-up and when I called the store to alert them I was told the furniture did not come. I was told it would be on the truck the following Friday. I arranged for pick-up for Friday. On Friday the furniture did not come and I was not notified until the person picking it up arrived at the store.

When I got home the afternoon the furniture was not there. I called the store and was told it did not arrive. It was at this time I was first introduced to Derek (the store manager). Derek spoke down to me, was demeaning calling me Ms. ** very sarcastically. When I asked him not to do it anymore he started saying my first name very sarcastically. He approached me in the store room showcase in front of other customers. Finally we reached a contentious agreement that the furniture would be delivered to my house on Tuesday free of charge and that he would refund me a hundred dollar check for the inconvenience.

On the following Tuesday unlike promised, again no furniture and also no call. I had taken off from work early to get the furniture in the house. When I called the store due to the fact that they were a no show and no call, I was told the furniture was in the store and they would deliver it right now. I was angry over the lack of communication but wanted the furniture. I asked Derek if this furniture was the new furniture and not the showroom piece. He assured me it was the new furniture. I asked that the furniture be left in the plastic as my trust in this young man was nil. When the furniture arrived there was no plastic on it but the men assured me it was not the showroom furniture?

Yesterday 5/16/2016 I was looking at the furniture and noticed it sat low on the floor on the left-hand side and so I turned it over and when I did there were scratches along the bottom side and the left leg is malformed making the chair sit askew. I believe that Derek gave me the showroom loveseat (SKU number 165658) simply to appease me and get rid of me. This furniture has been in my house less than a month and already I am having issues with it. I am not sure what merit Derek was given the position he has but I am sure it has nothing to do with his winning personality, customer relations, or his trustworthiness.

I have taken pictures of this furniture (the loveseat) and want it out of my home and replaced with the new piece. I also want the $100.00 refund he promised me as he shot his big mouth off acting as though I was trying to get something for free and that if he dangled the refund in front of my face that would make everything else of no account. This communication transpired in the presence of other customers and employees. All I wanted from this guy was clear communication and follow through on what he promised. If he had told me it would take a month for the furniture it would have been information I needed to make an informed decision about whether I wanted to wait. When I have spoken to others about my experience the responses have been “Was it Derek?” What a coincidence…

Ordered Mattress and box spring on 3/2/16. My sale person set me up for 3/9/16 delivery. I was told I will receive a call 30 minutes before they arrive. I called the store at 11:30 am to confirm delivery. I was told the driver will call from their personal phone so please answer. It is now 4:50 pm. No call, No Show! Called the store and I was told it did not come to the store today. When I called earlier they could have told me that. A day off wasted waiting from 9-4:30 pm. Poor service to customer. I can't even give them a 1/2 star. Too pissed!!!

I bought a couch and love seat about a year ago. About two months after owning them the it felt like when you sit down you sunk down completely. The springs in the couch were already bad. Needless to say the couch and love seat hardly get used because we are always on the go. Tedrick the manager of the Lancaster, Sc store came out to our house and I explained the situation. Of course he didn't listen and sent out a Furniture repair company. Needless to say they ordered replacement cushions which was not the issue in the first place. Of course I had the same issue again and they ordered cushions again. Duh... didn't fix the problem the first time.

Was told the cushions would be at store in two weeks. It's been a month and no cushions. The arms on love seat are now screwed up. The company they sent to fix them said it will take over a hour to fix them so we will have to come back and I asked when will that be? Guy said "I have no clue. If you don't hear from us in a week call the store." I've called customer service and left messages trying to explain it's not the cushions, it's the springs and no call back. Idk what kind of operation this is, but I'm ashamed to say I bought furniture from Farmers. Cheap furniture for a outrageous price!!!

So I got this express credit pass pre qualified paper in mail. As I have been looking for living room set I went... Right in the door a saleswoman is right there, show her pass and she states has to check to see if they will honor it. Ok... explained to her I am new to AL and when looking up location the Ozark one does not show. I walk around, find a set I love, am told I have to fill out credit app, ok done. Saleswoman is looking over it and states "Oh you haven't been with your job 6 months. We can't help." HELLO I just told you I was new to AL. Why would you waste my time letting me look around and fill out papers all to say that, should have been 1st thing out of her mouth. I do not appreciate my time being wasted. But I must say it is a blessing in disguise after reading the reviews on this company.

Back in April 2014 my husband and I purchased a bed frame set and mattress from the Hartwell store after much consideration because we weren't really in need of a new bed. But we received a promotional card in the mail that showed the frame set for $799.00 and we picked a mattress that advertised being on sale for $199.00. That's where the problem began because after the manager went and "wrote" a sales order and contract and tried getting us to sign it without any kind of explanation of it or anything. We noticed that final payoff was $2100.00. What? We questioned the final price and was told that the bed was charged for each individual piece and mattress was too. We only need 1 mattress with this frame was told we had to purchase two for the 15 yr. warranty to be effective, so we did.

3 weeks later, our bed was finally delivered but it wasn't what we ordered. The frame was all beat up and damaged so badly that the delivery guy had a wood marker to cover all the spots and then we noticed the mattress was dirty and the edge was unstitched with a giant hole down the side of it. We called the manager immediately and he told us that a new one hadn't arrived yet so instead of us having to wait any longer he got a floor model from a different store. We sent it back and told him we would wait.

Two, three weeks went by finally got a call saying they were on the way to deliver it. Wrong mattress again but we were tired of waiting so we accepted it. Went to the store the next day to get our paperwork contract and warranty, he said he had mailed them. Never have gotten them, but still paid for the bed on time every month and paid it off early, but before I paid it off I informed them that the mattress had developed a horrible sag on one corner of it. I was informed that since I had no warranty that they couldn't do anything. Well 2 months after I paid it off here comes a guy from the store saying that he needed pics to send to the warranty department. Less than 30 minutes later, a woman from the store called and said because there was a spot on the mattress that my warranty was null and void. Somebody needs to stop their lies and fraud.

When delivered, bed was scratched up and broken boards. When questioned about this, the delivery guy Drew stated "I don't know, call the office." So we did. Took them 2 weeks to order parts then another week to come out to fix it. She wasn't able to sleep in the bed. They didn't even apologize for scratching up the bed. The gun cabinets lock didn't work right. They said they didn't have another one. Are we sure we are doing it right? They wouldn't return our calls but wanted the money.

She had already paid off her tv. The tv was fine. But as far as furniture, it sucks. It has fallen apart within three months. She has to tighten the screws more than once. They stripped some out when they put it together. Calling in trying to talk to someone about these issues all you get is a credit manager talking ugly to you. I guess he is afraid she won't keep making payments. For his piece of crap furniture he delivered. They are so disrespectful and don't have any customer service experience at all. They need to train their people better. Very disappointed.

My father passed and had a balance. Left on his account and we were told that because of his age they did not offer it to him. With a balance of 2500. They said the Life of south insurance in Jacksonville FL did not offer it at his age. But he was 69 when he renewed the loan, and had credit life insurance. And months later he went and added on more and they didn't even give him credit life insurance. He passed in December of 2014 and was 71. I was told that's why they did not offer it. But at the time of purchase they never added it to his policy which was at the age of 69. Now am being told if we do not continue to make the payments that they can come pick up all of his items from all the way back to 2011 which he never missed a payment.

I am very dissatisfied with my purchase of mattresses at Farmers Furniture. To explain: I was shopping for mattresses at Farmers Furniture in Bainbridge, GA. I saw a set that had a large on sale sign sitting on top of the mattress set for $499.00 for the set. So I asked our sales person to make sure that, that price was for the entire set. We were told yes no doubt the price of $499.00 was absolutely the cost for the entire set of box spring and mattress. I decided to purchase this given this information.

However, the price was then changed to $799.00 for the set. Immediately after being told it was $499.00 for the set. THE PRICE AT $799.00 for the entire set. Bait and switch! Bait with a low price and switch to a higher price. BUYER BEWARE! I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. IS THAT NOT AGAINST SOME LAW? Yes I do have an eye witness. My friend also bought a set that was with me on that day that bought the same set, was told the same price and was given the same higher price as I was. What gives? Fair is fair and that ain't fair.

Bottom line... if you purchase anything from this company they will chase you down if your payment is even one day past the due date, call your phone multiple times per day, send texts, show up at your house and leave a business card that makes you feel like you are being stalked, and send threatening messages from a man that says that you "really need to call him" in an authoritative voice. The furniture was delivered by guys who scraped it across our front door and left a gash in the metal door where the paint scraped off. Then it all started to fall apart in the first week, and we realized that it was barely assembled. We had to get out the tools and tighten everything ourselves. The couches had loose stitches that came unraveled and look like junk now. We sent photos of these things along with a description and complaint to the manager and got absolutely no response.

As far as we are concerned, we have already overpaid for the service and products that we received. That doesn't change the fact that we owe them as agreed, and they will get their money. It just makes us angry that they so aggressively go after their money when their product was poor and we have already paid almost all of the balance. Next time we will go to a store that respects their customers instead of treating them like they are criminals. They are like the slumlord of furniture stores. I can't wait until they are paid in full so that I can just get them out of my life.

Ever since my Dad died in September I have been struggling due to funeral and travel costs and can't bring myself to talk to them. I am ashamed that any payment is late, and this is the latest we have ever been. I know I should not avoid them but I don't think they will care. They just want their money. Now. I just made another payment today, and hopefully that will get them to leave me alone for a couple days. Three more to go...

I recently moved from Colorado and wasn't able to bring my living room furniture. I was driving by Farmers Furniture and decided to stop. Paid over $1200 cash for a sectional and chair. The delivery took a week and the delivery guys brought my furniture in NOT wrapped, banging it against walls, dragging it across my hardwood floors. The legs on the couch are scratched, 2 small holes in the couch from the guy digging his nails trying to grip the couch.

Called and spoke with ** the store manager. He informed me he would refund my delivery fee and give me a set of lamps for free. When he came to my home I showed him the holes. He said, "I will also give you a area rug and we will call it even." I said, "Ok." Got to the store, ** gave me $59 for the delivery fee and it was $69. When I corrected him he slammed the $10 on the counter. Then told me he never said he would give me a set of lamps while yelling at me and wouldn't let me talk. He would yell over me when I tried to tell him what he said. I walked out the store with an area rug, $69 refund and the number to corporate. Very unprofessional and will not purchase from this store again. 6121 Fairburn Rd.

The experience of purchasing a love seat from this company is the worst I have ever had in buying furniture. 3 months ago we bought it and realized when delivered it did not have full padding on arms and the lid on the console did not fit... We couldn't get our glasses to stand up straight. Contacted store numerous times and finally, tired of the lies about ordering part and calling me, I filed complaint with the BBB. As of today, October 25, 2015, still no love seat replacement. NEVER purchase from this store or this company. They are not to be trusted... By the way, the manager of the store said she had no knowledge of the problem... What does that tell you? A manager who doesn't know what is happening in their store? Makes me wonder about the company in general.

So, we bought a couch from Farmers. It was on sale because it had some minor cosmetic damage. We asked the sales guy, sales lady, manager, and customer service exactly why it was on sale, was it a return? Was it previously purchased and returned? We were told, "No, it's on sale because it has cosmetic damage." Well, we pick the couch up on Sunday evening, get it home and put it in the living room. What do we see tonight? BEDBUGS! The "brand new" couch is infested with bedbugs! So we get to spend our Tuesday night (it's already 1 am) moving the heavy couch out, and washing everything in our house and trying to avoid an infestation in our home. You sold us this couch under false pretenses because unless your store is infested with bedbugs, and therefore all furniture you sell, THERE IS NO WAY THIS COUCH WAS BRAND NEW! We will be contacting you and corporate tomorrow.

We have been with Farmers Furniture (Rincon, GA) for over 10 years. Our whole house is filled with their furniture. Whenever we had something break, they came out immediately to fix it. We paid off our account, and we were at a zero balance when we went back in to purchase a bed suite. Service was great. Every month since then. I am NEVER over 30 days past due, but they have called me up to 10 times a month asking about my payment. They have called my work up to FIVE times in a row, and this last week, they called me ONCE, and then started calling the references of the people that I had on my application. When I called to talk to the Credit Manager, he was very rude with me telling me that if I paid on time, this wouldn't happen. Well, I was 11 days late... I told him that I would NEVER do business with them again. The way they treat their LONG standing customers are horrible.

I went in looking for a certain type of bed which they didn't have & the man who was suppose to be helping me really wasn't trying to hear what I was saying concerning the bed. So he claimed that he was going to try & find the bed I wanted & he took down my name & number & never called me. So two days later I went back to the store & the same man was there and plus a woman that was already aware of what was going on & neither the same man or woman was eager to help me & acted really snobby & so the women said for the second time around that the same guy would call me about the bed again. The man didn't call, very unprofessional & knocking the store from making money from customers like me who's willing to spend that much in cash all at once. So I took my 1600 in cash, what I was gonna spend in their store, & spent it in another furniture store.

Farmers Furniture is a dang quack. I got a bedroom suite from them. Well naturally it had broken. I had to take pictures and send a pic message to them which is stupid. Anyways it took them over a month to fix one little board. They kept hounding me about a payment. I said when my bed is fixed I will make my payment. Well they wasn't happy, he said "if you don't make a payment we will garnish your check." Well I called today and asked if I could bring in a little each week to catch it up. That ** said no and so I told him to do what they had to do. He threatening me with court. Oh yeah this is HARTSELLE AL. These ppl don't care about customers. They care about money. He said they do not pick up merchandise and those delivery trucks they have are a waste of money cause we had to go get our riding lawn mower and a few other things. I am just giving a warning to everyone. Go to AARON'S.

I purchased a complete bedroom set to include an additional dresser and night stand from the Washington North Carolina store the first of June 2015. The sales representative was very helpful and pleasant. The bedroom set was a high end purchase and I paid for all of the furniture in full, in cash. When the furniture was delivered to my home, I noticed that one of the dresser drawers had a stain flaw in the finish. I went to the store with the drawer to show them the issue. This is when my problems began.

First I was advised that NO ONE in the store except the store manager could address the issue. I was also told the manager is only in the store 3 days a week. I asked to have the manager call me. After several calls from me over a week’s period of time, I was finally able to speak with him. Once he was advised of the issue, he stated he would order another drawer for me and it would take about a week to come in. Two weeks later I had not heard from the manager.

I began the process all over again. Unless I call the store and make myself a pain in the backside, I do not hear from them. I have been told so many different stories about replacing the defective drawer I have lost count. I have been told the bedroom set I purchased was a discontinued model, which I was not told when I purchased it. I have been told they ordered the wrong replacement drawer, a completely different style and color. I have been told it's on back order and I have been told that the manufacturer will have to specially make a replacement drawer for my dresser.

It is now almost the end of July and I still do not have a complete dresser, I am still missing a drawer. I have not heard a word from the manager or the store in 2 weeks. I called today and was again told that the store manager is the only person that can assist me. No one else in the store admits to knowing anything about my special order, where my defective drawer is or when or if I will get a replacement drawer for the dresser I purchased.

I paid cash...in full...for quality furniture. I am so disappointed with the customer service at the Washington North Carolina store I can not even tell you. I had expected to purchase several pieces of living room furniture, another bedroom set and possibly furniture for my sunroom from Farmer's Furniture. NOT NOW. I would not spend another dime in this store, ever.

I purchased a mattress first then went to add a gun case. Had one acct. closed to do a add-on so they can get more interest and money. Then added a couch. Paid for Scotchguard. Was applied right. Had acct. closed to add this and had a card saying, "Add up to $1200.00 to my existing acct. Keep same payment again." Didn't happen and have a bad couch. Its frame is warped. It has bleached places from them trying to clean it and its padding is gone. Can feel boards and metal when you sit on it.

Been trying for over a month to have them give me a different couch to swap this one out. I don't want it. It's bad quality. Refuse to pay for something that's been damaged since I had it delivered. Manager keeps giving me a runaround. I'm beyond mad. I'm disabled. Just wanting a comfortable, well built and padded couch to be able to sit on. And they won't do anything but give me a runaround, saying waiting on corporate and vendor to get back with them, after they have charged me $1000 more in finance charges. Closes each acct when it should have been added to existing acct. Please help if you can. I need a new, different brand couch that has StainGuard applied the right way that I paid for already.

Purchased chair and a half. Chair delivered was not what was displayed as floor model but had same item number!!! Seat cushion not as plush as floor model.... very little stuffing. Assured it was like floor model. I'm not crazy.... it isn't, but you really DO get what you pay for! $350 is a bargain but not when you are spending it on lies!!!!!! This was my first purchase at FHF and it will be my LAST!!!! How do these people stay in business????

I have been a customer of this Farmers Furniture location for over 10 years. I have previously received excellent service from the employees at this location.

Today was no exception. My son moved to Baton Rouge, LA last weekend and I will be moving his furniture this weekend. There were some additional pieces of furniture that I wanted him to have, so I called my Farmers store, told my dedicated salesperson what I needed and in a very short time had assembled a dining room set, a desk and an awesome cocktail table, all done over the phone. My paperwork will be ready for me to sign when I go to pick up the furniture.

I don' t know about these other people that are unhappy with the Farmers Furniture stores in their towns, but maybe they need to try my Farmer's Furniture store and see what customer service and customer satisfaction are all about. It would be worth the drive. Thank you Annette Davis (store owner) and your dedicated shareholders/sales persons, ** and Ms. **. You guys are the greatest! Very, extremely satisfied, lifetime customer.

Went in our local Farmers Furniture store in AL and ordered a sectional. They told me it would be a week or two before it would arrive at my house. We agreed to pay monthly payments once it arrived starting the next month. When I got home we got to looking at our den and realized the sectional would probably be too big so we decided to call the very next day to cancel the order then order something else from them that would be a better fit.

No money had exchanged hands at this point and the furniture had not even been shipped much less delivered. When I called the guy the next morning he told me I couldn't cancel the order. When I asked why he said he had already ordered the sectional and when it arrived he wouldn't have room for it on his sales floor. I told him if it hasn't shipped yet you should be able to cancel the order. We had just been in the afternoon before. He said once orders were placed from their warehouse they couldn't be canceled.

This made no sense. Especially since he told me it would be 1-2 weeks before the order would even arrive. I asked to speak to a manager and he said he was the only manager there. He then went on to tell me that I would still owe them money even if I refused the order because we had agreed to finance it and that if I didn't want it I could sell it to someone else. Really?! At this point we really didn't know what to do.

My husband went ahead and decided to keep it because frankly this guy made it seem as if we had no other choice. It was too big for our den but we removed the corner piece to make it work. Instead of sending us a monthly bill the receptionist would call us each month to remind us that our payment was due the next day. Every month for a year I had to call and give my credit card over the phone to one of them to make a payment. It was ridiculous. The worst part is once the couch came it became quickly apparent it was uncomfortable and cheaply made. It had several recliners built in and in less than a year the cushions were flat and one of the recliners refused to close.

You could feel the wood beneath the cushion. It was the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I've ever owned. After we finally managed to pay it off we saved for another couch and the next year replaced it. We gave the sectional to a family member. As bad as it was it felt wrong asking any money for it. We just wanted it gone. We bought our new couch from a different local store and have sworn we will never deal with Farmer's again.

The customer service here is terrible. They make no effort to work with you to even try to make sure you're satisfied. We were threatened to be charged for something even if we refused it and they would not cancel an order even before it had been shipped. Had I waited a week to cancel or waited till the item had arrived I could've seen being in the wrong but I believe they refused to cancel the order because they didn't want to lose a sale. It didn't matter whether the customer was satisfied or not. What's bad is had they canceled the sectional we were going to order something else from them. Now they will never get our business or money again.

Received approval for credit, no down payment. Payment deferred until April, approval began in March. Pick out mattress in store, let me lay on it and the salesman told me I can get a bottle of special solution to clean mattress if stains or whatever gets on it, had a witness. Mattress set should have came on a Friday. They give you a paper telling you this. Didn't happen. I had to call and ask were they going to deliver. They lied and said it was suppose to be delivered on Sat. I said okay. Manager calls back and says, "We only have mattress and not box spring, will deliver mattress tomorrow and box spring probably Tuesday." I said "you can deliver them together," said okay.

Manager calls Sat morning and say, "We can deliver, we have another delivery in your town." I said, "I told you yesterday you can deliver at same time." Persisted to deliver that day, I said okay. Delivered on Sat, they called before time and told me time they would come. Came, asked delivery man where was the spray, he said, "We treat it in the store." I said, "That's not what you told me. I wouldn't have agreed to give you 49.95 if you told me this. Plus how do I know you sprayed it and why would you open a brand new mattress and spray it." Laid it down, and left.

Me and a friend sat on the bed and it immediately went straight in, spanked in. We sat on the other side to compare and it didn't do the same. I said "I'm calling them Monday, there's a defect." Called and someone said, "We don't change mattress." I said "for a defect." "No", he replied. Getting to point, by Wednesday called back, said "It's a defect, I need another mattress or I don't want the account." Manager was busy with customer, the CMT said and "will call you back." Didn't happen, but he did get her to call back to let me know he has to come to my house to check the mattress himself.

In all the years I've lived, never heard of a manager coming to your house to see merchandise and he will decide. I said ok, he will see. Let him come and see the defect and he needs to bring their truck once he see it so he can get his property, by the way, never got box springs. Never heard a manager, person in the office coming to your house to check out furniture, crazy. Don't want their business.

Bought a sofa for $800 - paid it, went back. Bought lawn furniture, paid off. Bought bunk beds paid $1800, paid it down to $400. Went back bought a another sofa because other one broke springs and did not hold up. I ended up losing my right hand in a accident on chop saw, lost my job because of it, hospital bills grew to over $750,000. Even through all of this never ever missed payments, sent hospital, doctors, what I could afford and paying Farmers the full payment each month.

Well over 21 months after accident, hospitals started suing me - had to file bankruptcy. Called Farmers to tell them the whole story. Well tried to keep making payments to them and they would not take, went to court and tried to settle with them of what I owe was $1325. Farmers attorney said the balance was now $1790 because of Farmers' legal fees. Tried to get them to accept $1325 cash money - was told all of the $1790 or nothing. They would pick up furniture and throw in their dumpster. So I was not going to threaten by them so they took nothing and picked up furniture. Went to their dumpster and got the furniture out same day. So they would not take what I owed them because I would not pay the extra $400.

This store doesn't deserve the one star I gave it. The Fitzgerald Ga Store is a joke. The store manager ** is a **. ** are very rude. I called about my furniture because it fell apart when I rearranged it. ** preceded to tell me that I didn't need to move my furniture around and then I should have left how it was. I felt threatened. Who is she to tell me what I can do with my belongings? I have been a Farmers customer for over 20 years. And honestly the quality of the furniture gets crappier and crappier. It is not worth the money. You would be better off going to Goodwill. I will never spend another dime in this store or any other Farmers store. I was refused a sale of a discontinued item by Mr. ** that was marked down to 35.00 because my niece worked there. I was told I had to pay the full price of 95.00. It didn't make a bit of sense to me.

We purchased a living room set. Upon delivery, we told them something was wrong with the couch. Nothing ever happened to fix the issue. Then on top of that the sofa and love seat are tearing where the seams are sewn and stitching is coming undone. On top of this, the cushions are not holding up to normal wear. I have called and called. No one returns the call or follows up. I will not do business with them again nor would I recommend them to anyone. They do not stand behind what they sell.

Farmers Furniture Company Profile