1.33/5
Based on 123 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Dublin, GA

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

136 Farmers Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Stay away!! The worst customer service ever! They encourage you to purchase on credit for a better price, but don't tell you they have outdated business practices, such in-store or phone payments only. Solely to collect late fees and beat you with high interest rates. I was waiting for a bill and got a $25 late fee. No, online or mail bill payments. The store manager is rude and extremely unprofessional. The delivery was more than 5 hours late... They are scammers and hustlers that don't honor their word or your business. I will quickly pay them and never return!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I finance a mattress set, TV, and sound bar that was suppose to be 12 months Interest Free back in November of 2017. My intentions were to pay off the loan at tax time as I usually get a good amount back. I financed approximately 1500.00 of stuff, paid payments until Feb. 2018 when I called for payoff thinking it would be somewhere around $1000.00 and was told it was $2800.00 by many employees there even the Finance person. When I pointed out that the total cost of my furniture was half that so how could that be interest free. They still refused to budge.

At this time I did get upset and was hung up on. So finally after not paying for nearly two months on the loan a new employee called me to collect and I explained the situation to her, she was very polite and promised to look into it and call me back. Which she did, and she apologized profusely b/c of the past relations as when she called me back I was right. I was told I owed $847.67. This was in July 2018, I then agreed I would pay 212.00 a month until November so the account could be paid off and wrote this amount down on a piece paper and have kept it till this day.

Fast forward to this week, 2 days ago I called to see when the exact pay off date was due to the fact it was October 31st and I was waiting for a new debit card in the mail. I was told pay off was 287.00 and due by November 11 in order to stay within the 12 month interest free period, sounded right so I thought everything was fine. I called today 2 days later and I was first told $1200.00 for payoff and then now being told $600.00 to payoff. I am completely outraged that this company could get away such indiscretions and can't employee better managers and people to handle their system. NEVER NEVER AGAIN! I am so outraged by this that I would like to file a lawsuit for the anxiety and worry it has caused me!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I’ll start by saying the lady at the store was nice. That’s where it ends. My husband and I bought our first house and wanted a nice bedroom set instead of our hand-me-down falling apart stuff. We bought a bed (which I do love!), and a frame & headboard for it, along with a dresser, 2 nightstands, and an armoire. When the moving guys dropped it off, they broke one of the nightstands and said a new one would be brought to us. Well, as we’d just moved in and we’re still unpacking and painting and such, it was a few weeks before we remembered to call about it. Not sure of the exact dates but it took about a month to get the nightstand.

Shoot ahead a few more weeks and I’ve decided to jump on the shiplap band-wagon and shiplap the wall behind our bed and paint our other 3 walls. In the process of moving the furniture, we found that there’s a fist sized hole in the back of the dresser, a slightly smaller sized hole in the headboard (it’s one of those headboards where the front has a cubby you can put books in or such), the frame is clearly either poorly measured or for a California king size bed (we have a king) so that there’s a solid 6-8 inches between bed and edge of frame, and, the fake top marble of the nightstand came completely off and I had to glue it back on. Not impressed that we paid almost $4,000 for furniture that broken. Never again. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I purchased a couch and loveseat about 5 months ago. We paid really good money for our furniture. Long story short it is no good falling apart and we have requested a new set or trade out for something else. Every time I call I get the runaround... it's been submitted so forth and so forth. I WANT IT REPLACED... all I get is, “We are working on it.” I really hate this because my little sales girl is extremely knowledgeable and so so sweet... I'm going to load it up and set it on their front door. Do not buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

A lot times people are more apt to file a complaint opposed to a compliment. Thankful for the new store manager Todd ** and the new staff at the Sanford NC Farmers Home Furniture location. Always greeting customers with a smile. Very knowledgeable about their product. Showroom looks more organized. Very professional warehouse delivery team that is careful when they delivered my furniture. Honest and trustworthy. I'm looking forward to my next purchase from the Sanford, NC Farmers Furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Start doing business with Farmers Home Furniture 2017. After reading reviews I knew it was not me. I am in Prattville, AL when I first started business with them. They had a store manager who was very pleasant and helpful. In January she left but gave me a courtesy call which was very nice. By this time (3 months later) I had paid that bill off and now purchased a living room set. Before she left I paid mostly all of it and purchased a bedroom set. When she left and the replacement staff came in I got my first taste of rude service.

Once I called and was told everyone was with new employees, meaning there was no time for me. Then he hung the phone up in my face. I know how you guys feel about the calls. Even after I told them I was not working at the time had asked for insurance on purchase but somehow that was messed up. I pray my furniture don’t fall apart. So in August I decided to pay them off in full. I was told one price over phone and when I went in it was more than I was told. The service I got was rude and ** you and we don’t care and can’t fix it if there is a problem. I told my daughter to just pay it. If I should ever need anything else I will ensure me or my family do not business with them. I spent close to 6000 or more with them from September 2017 to February 2018 but I will never spend a dime with them again. Worst service ever. Don’t waste your time calling DM.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My wife and I purchased a home in 2017. After moving in we found we needed a fridge so I filled out an online credit application for Farmers Home Furniture. I was called within the hour and told that I was approved for a certain amount. We went to the store and picked out our fridge and a few other items. We were telling the finance officer we would be paying off the items within a month. She advised that we should not close out the account, because if we did, and needed something else then we would have to fill out another credit application. So we decided to keep it open, Fast Forward to about a year later.

We wanted to purchase new patio furniture. We go to pick out what we liked, and we are told they have to do another hard credit pull because we haven't purchased anything within the past 6 months. This totally contradicted what we were told when we opened the account. Apparently on time payments does not matter to Farmers. I'm pretty sure I was told to keep the account going just so they could continue to collect finance charges. Once these items are paid off, we will never use Farmers Home Furniture again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I bought an entire set of LEATHER furniture... It's peeling, leather does not peel. I was sold vinyl and told it was leather and paid leather prices... Boo. I'm about to contact BBB because I followed all channels and complaint has gotten no response. Bad business and feel like I got robbed.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've been with the Farmers Furniture brand for a very long time. However today was the first time I've seen such lack of respect and poor customer service towards a paying customer, especially coming from the store manager (Sylvania, Ga). The floor sales ladies/men have always been wonderful and this review in no way shape or form reflects them in any way. Today I was verbally disrespected over the phone and in person by the store manager Sandy. My husband (account holder) & I had some issues with the account due to the fault of the store and wanted to find out where the disconnect was and if it was something either one of us can do. After speaking with the manager, my husband told me to call to make sure everything was set up correctly because he was still at work when he first talked to the manager.

Of course I called as I have in the past but this time I was met with a very unapologetic and uncaring attitude after explaining my concerns. Even when I asked respectfully why the rudeness I was still met with a nasty attitude. My husband & I went to the store to talk to the manager in person and the appalling behavior from the manager continued. Her tone and approach was awful! Even when I told her she had a bad attitude and she shouldn't talk to customers in such a manner she graciously thanked me. She proceeded to explain to me in a condescending way that "everyone makes mistakes and when I become perfect then I can talk to her". What is a paying customer to do when you have an account issue and you can't even go to the manager of the store??? I will never do business with this store again and I advise anyone else not to as well.

Resolution response: July 2, 2018

The district manager has gone above and beyond to make this right. I now have a perfect piece for furniture in my room. I will do business with them again.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought one of the most expensive Italian Leather Sets (Leather Couch and Loveseat) they carry. No issues with purchase or delivery date. We have a narrow door opening, and made sure to speak to the delivery manager while we were there regarding plans of how to get it in the house. He said he would take the set completely apart, and it wouldn't be an issue. Set was delivered and they did take the loveseat partially apart, damaging it getting it in the door. Then the couch they decided to not dismantle (for some reason). When it wouldn't fit, they took it down on the concrete, and spun it on the ground with nothing under it, damaging that piece as well. I found seven total defects between the two pieces. I called the store and got an email address because I wanted everything documented. Sent the pictures and a new set was ordered to arrive the following week (which would be almost two weeks after the initial sale.)

The day my furniture was to be delivered, the manager called me to say that the couch was damaged upon receipt. I was understanding as she said they would go the warehouse to get another, and that both pieces would be delivered 4-5 days later. Fine, just get this right. Delivery day came and the pieces that they delivered were worse than the original damaged pieces. The delivery driver let it slip that they attempted to repair the couch that was delivered damaged the days prior. At this point I was livid that my husband had taken another day off of work to accept delivery of expensive, less than perfect furniture.

I called the store, and she says that they have another set on order. I wanted to know why they would even have bothered to deliver a less than perfect set to me. The manager says, "our leather medic is the best in the business". Even if that were the case, which it wasn't, I still would not have accepted that piece. Then, as I was very upset, I sent a somewhat scathing email to the store manager. She then called me immediately, her exact words. "what do you hope to accomplish by being ugly", and "if you think that name calling is going to get you anywhere then you are mistaken".

I then proceeded to tell her that all I want is for her to have not lied to me, or attempted to defraud me not give me lame excuses. I just want a pristine brand new furniture set that I had purchased. I told her to cancel the sale and get the piece of furniture ASAP. I then sent an email asking for confirmation and paperwork showing that the credit account and sale had been cancelled. As of 6 hours later, I have yet to have received anything. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I hate it. My sofa is broken, and yeah the warranty ran out. And I still owe 2000 for it and a tv. I regret this decision with a passion in life. It's clearly unfair that you are stuck paying on something you don't want and most definitely broken... I hate it. I hate it. I'm so depress paying on it. But don't want the embarrassment of them garnishing my wages. It so unfair... I hate it.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We contacted local Farmers Furniture. They gave us mfg. number. After contacting that number they informed us we did not have their product. We then called the mfg. from paperwork that came with machine. The mfg. ask that we fax a copy of contract of purchase, it was discovered Farmers Furniture put the wrong information of the washer we purchased. I then spoke with store manager Andre who promised to have the washer repaired by a local repairman. About a month has passed with no word from repairman or store manager. I stopped in to check on an update about the repair, the store manager stated he that he had forgotten about it. After I informed him I would be sending a notice he offered to replace the washer with a new one.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I purchased a Serta Timeless living room set. The fabric on the couch stretched so much after having it only two weeks and the legs are crooked. The store refuses to replace the couch or even the seat.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My husband and I bought a bed from Farmers Furniture back in February 2018, the bed was ordered with a lift which they didn't deliver with the bed. The bed mattress was left on the floor until the lift come in as they promise in two weeks. My husband and I are 65 years old and getting up and down off the floor for two weeks played out. We were constantly contacting them about the lift and when it will come in for about another month, so they brought a lift that is for two single beds and join them together to the king size bed to get it off the floor until our lift comes in, which today. It is May 23, 2018 and still have not received it. Worst furniture store in the world, don't go there, pleaseee!!!

Original review: May 8, 2018

I bought the lawnmower in 2016, it is paid off. I bought the warranty with it that covers motor and transmission. On April 13th it would not crank, I brought it up there. They said I'm good. They will fix it. When I call the manager he was rude, called me and my husband liars. The employees gave me corporate number to call, he was no help. It took them 3 weeks to fix it, they dropped it off yesterday May 6th. It crank one time and hasn't crank again. The manager tried to get my husband to sign a paper saying it was dropped off but yet before they wouldn't talk to him because he wasn't the account holder.

Now they are trying to say that my lawnmower isn't covered. I have had to buy and buy and buy things for that mower because it keeps breaking. When I brought it in the deck was broke and the manager complained about it. I know that's not covered. I was trying fix it but it wouldn't crunk to get it off my trailer. The manager said not to bring it back up there, I am and I will today.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We bought a very nice cute fridge and a decent little oven last year and today I wake up to my fridge sputtering, smoke, and a very scary smell. I LUCKILY WAS AWAKE in my living room and heard it as I have 2 small children in the house. Whoa. So, what do I do? They are a seemingly legit company and so nice up there but, both of our appliances are no good.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Farmers Furniture Anniston Alabama. Whoever does the calling will let whomever on the phone make arrangements for you then send you a letter signed Be Rachel Atkins. It stated we are expecting x amount of dollars that you promised to pay on this day. Well it is not the person on the account that they spoke with to make the arrangements. I was in the hospital. And then they burn your cell phone up all day from all kind of different cell numbers and Emails and text messages.

This place will sell you used stuff as new and not tell you. And they add all kind of insurance and warranty that you did not request so they can run the money up as high as they can. And if you ask them why they did when you did not want it. I have home insurance so why should I pay for more. These are the rudest people I have ever came in contact with. Before it became employee own it was a fairly decent place but not anymore. Their merchandise is very poor quality. If I could give them no star I would definitely.

Original review: March 29, 2018

The furniture they sell is very poorly made. I would not recommend this furniture to anyone. It literally falls apart and if you buy their warranty it is useless. They will not replace anything. They make excuses and say that you did something to the furniture. I've had the sofa and loveseat for only a little over a year and you can feel the wood frame when you sit down. Don't buy anything from these people. It's like throwing your money in the garbage.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I received a bed, stereo and a tablet from the Athens, GA store on 3/17/18. Let's just say the experience was mixed, it feel short of 3 stars. The felt on the bottom of the box spring came apart, I was told by the delivery driver they would return and bring a staple gun. They never returned. Spoke with the manager on 3/20/18 and wanted to know what was up. I was informed that the delivery guys apparently had hurt themselves while bringing up my furniture. I would have been perfectly fine with rescheduling if I would've been told they didn't have back braces. I was told someone would be out ASAP to deal with the issue, I'm gonna see if it does happen. They are hard to deal with.

Original review: March 16, 2018

If I could give this company less than one star I would. My fiance bought me a table from here. Within the first week there was a small buckle in the top. Over the next few weeks, more buckling and the table started to separate. He was told to send pictures and they would send someone out, but that didn't happen. He was told that we must have done something to cause the damage. Normal wear and tear shouldn't cause these types of problems. Nevermind, the fact that we insured the table, but they refuse to do anything about it.

Original review: March 8, 2018

They keep calling my phone asking for someone. I have told them several times wrong number to stop calling. Every day at least 4 times a day I get a call... Oh not to mention while I'm at work they call my cell phone after being told to stop. I’m really about to press charges on them for harassment... They were very rude to me as well. If I ever want new furniture I know not to deal with them!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Farmers Home Furniture in Calhoun Georgia are completely rude and very disrespectful! Calling constantly even after being told that we are homeless and have no use for the product they refuse to take it back... threatening to go through court all because we are homeless and can’t pay... I don’t believe that is right at all!!! Then to have the lady straight up be rude to my husband on the phone just now calling his mother a liar and talking very disrespectful and in business like!!! I don’t understand how someone could be so rude.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Their collections tactics are terrible, they constantly call even after you've spoken to a representative and have set up a payment arrangement. Why state their late date is on the 10th of every month but call you every day up until the due date? If I as a customer tell you that I will pay by on or the 10th why harass me to come in? This company has incredibly rude people with little to no customer service whatsoever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Do NOT go through this awful company to get anything! They are harassing! We fell behind because of medical problems. These people call my cell, my husband's cell, our home, our work, our family, and then when they don't get what they want, do it all over again MULTIPLE times a day. At all hours. Tonight, I screenshot them calling at 8:42p after taking my 1 late payment by. And today, they came to my house, with my kids home alone, banging on the door and scaring my kids to drop off a notice of late payment. Seriously thinking about taking legal action and they can eat what we owe.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I had opened an account with Farmers Furniture to build credit after becoming a widow. Made my payments every month for two years having built a perfect credit score with them. Came March of 2017, I forgot a payment as I had been dealing with health issues. Only time I had forgotten in two years. Customer service at the Gainesville GA Location had told me they would do a forgiveness for me and I needed to sign a form. As I did. I asked if this would affect my credit and they said NO, they would not report as that was part of the form and that I have done so well. Well... I had checked my credit and found out that they had reported it. I went through all the credit agencies and disputed the mark on my credit and they came back to verify the claim. I called Farmers and of course they act like they don't have a clue what you're talking about. They were rude and unprofessionally!

I then called the district manager, he agrees with me on how wrong this was and that the store manager would be calling me to correct the problem, which of course never happened! So I now have to continue to fight for what's right! This same store, a year ago took my credit card information and paid another customer's payment with it, then had the nerve to tell me it was going to take 2 weeks to go back into my bank account! On top of that they make you pay a $4.00 fee to make a payment by phone as they don't offer any other payment option other than to come into the store. I will NEVER do business with this company EVER again! They lie, cheat you and are unprofessional. Take your business elsewhere. FYI... According to lenders they frown on accounts through Farmers Furniture, as it doesn't impress them any, credit-wise.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I am writing this complaint. Due to my furniture not being delivered at all! I called the store and they kept telling me that the delivery guys say 45 minutes. Or I am the next person on the list for furniture to be delivered. Still no delivery. They were supposed to delivered the furniture on Sept 2, 2017. No one called me and told me anything as to say "we are late and won't be coming." I know when a store is closed. The delivery still has to go on until the lady furniture is delivered. This was a bad experience for me. And I will call my attorney.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have used this store previously and was very satisfied but unfortunately I recently purchased a living room set that when was delivered looked like a repo. And cushions was so flat it hurts to sit on it. Called and they said they would come to check it and never did. I called a month later and got a runaround telling me there was nothing they could do.

And then they sold me a TV and fireplace that was supposed to be new but come to find out it was refurbished. And they add one to the account that they say will leave your payment the same. Well it will but you will pay for it a very long time and all the interest and insurance and warranties they add to your acct is ridiculous. They are very rude to you when you try to talk to them regarding any complaints about what your account. Since this Anniston store has changed ownership to employ owned it is the worst I've ever dealt with. I would never recommend them to anyone and will never ever do business with them again. All their things are used and refurbished. Very cheap made. It is more like a rental place than a business. Do not ever do business with Farmers Home Furniture in Anniston Al. If you don't want to get burned.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I have purchased furniture from Farmers Furniture in Arab, AL several times and have never had any issues. However, a year after purchasing a loveseat and sofa in 2015 I lost my job in 2016. I was able to make steady payments because of the money I had saved but eventually that ran out. I called the manager numerous times to work out a plan to make smaller payments and he refused telling me there was nothing he could do. I had to borrow money from my son to make payments and even then I couldn't keep up especially when my unemployment ran out. Now I am 2 mo. the behind again and cannot make a payment so they have threatened to take me to court.

The set that I bought was $659.00 and $699.00 along with the washer and dryer I had $800.00. That would be $2158.00 total. When it was financed I originally owed them almost $4100.00. That is almost double what I actually owed. I now owe less than $1500.00 and they refuse to help me. This place is a joke and they are all rude. My ex husband has tried to make a payment and they have refused to take it. He isn't even on my account but was trying to help me out either!!!! Good luck with trying to take me to court with no job... Come get your crappy furniture that I have already paid almost $3000.00 for. Don't ever, ever buy anything from them. I would rather go through Aaron's or pay cash at a better furniture store!!!

Original review: June 14, 2017

My fiance purchased a bed set for over 1000 dollars. We have had to replace the bed frame twice!! The frame is so cheap. Our drawer handles on our vanity fell off less than two months after we purchased the set. I will never ever ever ever buy anything else from Farmers Furniture!! The frames and dressers are so cheaply made. I am so unsatisfied with everything and cannot believe how much money he has wasted and is still making payments on this cheap worthless set! Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I am writing this review out of concern for others; I just ran across this site. I made a purchase of @ $1000 at a Farmer's in Fort Valley, Ga; however, it was probably in 2013. Nonetheless, I have done several 6-12 months purchases with several businesses and was never required to have insurance and the exorbitant interest included in the purchase price upfront. I was told that one was required to show proof of homeowners insurance if they did not include the insurance at the time of purchase. I have excellent credit and could have gotten the furniture elsewhere but I knew that I would pay it off in the allotted time without having to pay all those charges but what about those disadvantaged and elderly who I saw making purchases there? I thought they will be paying forever because if they make the minimum payment, that is just covering insurance and the interest that they have already included in the final cost.

I paid off my balance within the given 12 month period and the person who handled the final payment told me that she had never handled a transaction to remove these charges. That somewhat confirmed my concern for others who make purchases there. This is my truthful experience and I have discarded all my receipts, paperwork, etc. because I had no intention of doing business again with Farmer's due to what I believed was an unfair and unbelievable policy. I do still have the furniture which is peeling which is because of the material. The salesperson did tell me that I shouldn't have a problem with that because it was a better material. Oh well.

Farmers Furniture Company Information