2. Homeowners

Dublin, GA

1.4/5 (142 ratings)

About Farmers Furniture

Farmers Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I finance a mattress set, TV, and sound bar that was suppose to be 12 months Interest Free back in November of 2017. My intentions were to pay off the loan at tax time as I usually get a good amount back. I financed approximately 1500.00 of stuff, paid payments until Feb. 2018 when I called for payoff thinking it would be somewhere around $1000.00 and was told it was $2800.00 by many employees there even the Finance person. When I pointed out that the total cost of my furniture was half that so how could that be interest free. They still refused to budge.

At this time I did get upset and was hung up on. So finally after not paying for nearly two months on the loan a new employee called me to collect and I explained the situation to her, she was very polite and promised to look into it and call me back. Which she did, and she apologized profusely b/c of the past relations as when she called me back I was right. I was told I owed $847.67. This was in July 2018, I then agreed I would pay 212.00 a month until November so the account could be paid off and wrote this amount down on a piece paper and have kept it till this day.

Fast forward to this week, 2 days ago I called to see when the exact pay off date was due to the fact it was October 31st and I was waiting for a new debit card in the mail. I was told pay off was 287.00 and due by November 11 in order to stay within the 12 month interest free period, sounded right so I thought everything was fine. I called today 2 days later and I was first told $1200.00 for payoff and then now being told $600.00 to payoff. I am completely outraged that this company could get away such indiscretions and can't employee better managers and people to handle their system. NEVER NEVER AGAIN! I am so outraged by this that I would like to file a lawsuit for the anxiety and worry it has caused me!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I’ll start by saying the lady at the store was nice. That’s where it ends. My husband and I bought our first house and wanted a nice bedroom set instead of our hand-me-down falling apart stuff. We bought a bed (which I do love!), and a frame & headboard for it, along with a dresser, 2 nightstands, and an armoire. When the moving guys dropped it off, they broke one of the nightstands and said a new one would be brought to us. Well, as we’d just moved in and we’re still unpacking and painting and such, it was a few weeks before we remembered to call about it. Not sure of the exact dates but it took about a month to get the nightstand.

Shoot ahead a few more weeks and I’ve decided to jump on the shiplap band-wagon and shiplap the wall behind our bed and paint our other 3 walls. In the process of moving the furniture, we found that there’s a fist sized hole in the back of the dresser, a slightly smaller sized hole in the headboard (it’s one of those headboards where the front has a cubby you can put books in or such), the frame is clearly either poorly measured or for a California king size bed (we have a king) so that there’s a solid 6-8 inches between bed and edge of frame, and, the fake top marble of the nightstand came completely off and I had to glue it back on. Not impressed that we paid almost $4,000 for furniture that broken. Never again. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I purchased a couch and loveseat about 5 months ago. We paid really good money for our furniture. Long story short it is no good falling apart and we have requested a new set or trade out for something else. Every time I call I get the runaround... it's been submitted so forth and so forth. I WANT IT REPLACED... all I get is, “We are working on it.” I really hate this because my little sales girl is extremely knowledgeable and so so sweet... I'm going to load it up and set it on their front door. Do not buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

A lot times people are more apt to file a complaint opposed to a compliment. Thankful for the new store manager Todd ** and the new staff at the Sanford NC Farmers Home Furniture location. Always greeting customers with a smile. Very knowledgeable about their product. Showroom looks more organized. Very professional warehouse delivery team that is careful when they delivered my furniture. Honest and trustworthy. I'm looking forward to my next purchase from the Sanford, NC Farmers Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Start doing business with Farmers Home Furniture 2017. After reading reviews I knew it was not me. I am in Prattville, AL when I first started business with them. They had a store manager who was very pleasant and helpful. In January she left but gave me a courtesy call which was very nice. By this time (3 months later) I had paid that bill off and now purchased a living room set. Before she left I paid mostly all of it and purchased a bedroom set. When she left and the replacement staff came in I got my first taste of rude service.

Once I called and was told everyone was with new employees, meaning there was no time for me. Then he hung the phone up in my face. I know how you guys feel about the calls. Even after I told them I was not working at the time had asked for insurance on purchase but somehow that was messed up. I pray my furniture don’t fall apart. So in August I decided to pay them off in full. I was told one price over phone and when I went in it was more than I was told. The service I got was rude and ** you and we don’t care and can’t fix it if there is a problem. I told my daughter to just pay it. If I should ever need anything else I will ensure me or my family do not business with them. I spent close to 6000 or more with them from September 2017 to February 2018 but I will never spend a dime with them again. Worst service ever. Don’t waste your time calling DM.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

My wife and I purchased a home in 2017. After moving in we found we needed a fridge so I filled out an online credit application for Farmers Home Furniture. I was called within the hour and told that I was approved for a certain amount. We went to the store and picked out our fridge and a few other items. We were telling the finance officer we would be paying off the items within a month. She advised that we should not close out the account, because if we did, and needed something else then we would have to fill out another credit application. So we decided to keep it open, Fast Forward to about a year later.

We wanted to purchase new patio furniture. We go to pick out what we liked, and we are told they have to do another hard credit pull because we haven't purchased anything within the past 6 months. This totally contradicted what we were told when we opened the account. Apparently on time payments does not matter to Farmers. I'm pretty sure I was told to keep the account going just so they could continue to collect finance charges. Once these items are paid off, we will never use Farmers Home Furniture again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I bought an entire set of LEATHER furniture... It's peeling, leather does not peel. I was sold vinyl and told it was leather and paid leather prices... Boo. I'm about to contact BBB because I followed all channels and complaint has gotten no response. Bad business and feel like I got robbed.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I've been with the Farmers Furniture brand for a very long time. However today was the first time I've seen such lack of respect and poor customer service towards a paying customer, especially coming from the store manager (Sylvania, Ga). The floor sales ladies/men have always been wonderful and this review in no way shape or form reflects them in any way. Today I was verbally disrespected over the phone and in person by the store manager Sandy. My husband (account holder) & I had some issues with the account due to the fault of the store and wanted to find out where the disconnect was and if it was something either one of us can do. After speaking with the manager, my husband told me to call to make sure everything was set up correctly because he was still at work when he first talked to the manager.

Of course I called as I have in the past but this time I was met with a very unapologetic and uncaring attitude after explaining my concerns. Even when I asked respectfully why the rudeness I was still met with a nasty attitude. My husband & I went to the store to talk to the manager in person and the appalling behavior from the manager continued. Her tone and approach was awful! Even when I told her she had a bad attitude and she shouldn't talk to customers in such a manner she graciously thanked me. She proceeded to explain to me in a condescending way that "everyone makes mistakes and when I become perfect then I can talk to her". What is a paying customer to do when you have an account issue and you can't even go to the manager of the store??? I will never do business with this store again and I advise anyone else not to as well.

Resolution response: July 2, 2018

The district manager has gone above and beyond to make this right. I now have a perfect piece for furniture in my room. I will do business with them again.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Bought one of the most expensive Italian Leather Sets (Leather Couch and Loveseat) they carry. No issues with purchase or delivery date. We have a narrow door opening, and made sure to speak to the delivery manager while we were there regarding plans of how to get it in the house. He said he would take the set completely apart, and it wouldn't be an issue. Set was delivered and they did take the loveseat partially apart, damaging it getting it in the door. Then the couch they decided to not dismantle (for some reason). When it wouldn't fit, they took it down on the concrete, and spun it on the ground with nothing under it, damaging that piece as well. I found seven total defects between the two pieces. I called the store and got an email address because I wanted everything documented. Sent the pictures and a new set was ordered to arrive the following week (which would be almost two weeks after the initial sale.)

The day my furniture was to be delivered, the manager called me to say that the couch was damaged upon receipt. I was understanding as she said they would go the warehouse to get another, and that both pieces would be delivered 4-5 days later. Fine, just get this right. Delivery day came and the pieces that they delivered were worse than the original damaged pieces. The delivery driver let it slip that they attempted to repair the couch that was delivered damaged the days prior. At this point I was livid that my husband had taken another day off of work to accept delivery of expensive, less than perfect furniture.

I called the store, and she says that they have another set on order. I wanted to know why they would even have bothered to deliver a less than perfect set to me. The manager says, "our leather medic is the best in the business". Even if that were the case, which it wasn't, I still would not have accepted that piece. Then, as I was very upset, I sent a somewhat scathing email to the store manager. She then called me immediately, her exact words. "what do you hope to accomplish by being ugly", and "if you think that name calling is going to get you anywhere then you are mistaken".

I then proceeded to tell her that all I want is for her to have not lied to me, or attempted to defraud me not give me lame excuses. I just want a pristine brand new furniture set that I had purchased. I told her to cancel the sale and get the piece of furniture ASAP. I then sent an email asking for confirmation and paperwork showing that the credit account and sale had been cancelled. As of 6 hours later, I have yet to have received anything. I will never do business with this company again.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I hate it. My sofa is broken, and yeah the warranty ran out. And I still owe 2000 for it and a tv. I regret this decision with a passion in life. It's clearly unfair that you are stuck paying on something you don't want and most definitely broken... I hate it. I hate it. I'm so depress paying on it. But don't want the embarrassment of them garnishing my wages. It so unfair... I hate it.

Farmers Furniture Company Information