3.75/5

Need a good mattress?

Bear Mattress

Bear offers two medium firm mattress models: the Bear Mattress and the Bear Hybrid. The Bear Mattress is a mixed foam mattress known for comfort and keeping users cool. The Bear Hybrid mattress has both memory foam and innersprings for added support. Bear mattress shipping is available in the entire US.

BOTTOM LINE

Bear’s two medium firm mattress models offer comfort and stability at a competitive price. Graphite gel and a Celliant cover both help sleepers stay cool at night.

PROS

• Free shipping to the contiguous US
    • Hybrid and memory foam models
    • Competitive pricing

CONS

• Only one firmness option

Top Bear Mattress Reviews

02/18/2019

02/24/2019

Need a good mattress?

About Bear mattresses

Bear mattresses come in two models: the original Bear Mattress and the Bear Hybrid. The Bear Mattress is a memory foam mattress, and the Bear Hybrid is made of memory foam with innerspring coils. Both mattresses are classified as medium firm on the firmness scale. The Bear mattress return policy lets customers try out a mattress for 100 nights before deciding if they want to keep it or have it picked up and returned, free of charge. Bear mattress reviews mention cooling properties and comfortable nights of sleep.

100-night trial period

Free shipping & returns

Queen mattress under $800

Bear mattress construction and materials

The original Bear Mattress is ten inches thick. It has two inches of adaptive polyfoam, five inches of support foam, and it features one inch of memory foam with two inches of responsive polyfoam for added comfort.

The Bear Hybrid is fourteen inches thick. It has one inch of polyfoam and eight inches of pocketed coils for support. It also features two inches of premium comfort foam and one inch of responsive polyfoam to give the mattress its luxurious feel.

bear mattress

Bear mattress comfort

Both models from Bear serve up a comfortable night’s sleep, but they offer different benefits. Graphite gel and a Celliant cover in the Bear Mattress combine powers to keep users cool. The Hybrid mattress has five layers that together provide stability and comfort. A Celliant cover also keeps this model cool. The coil system in the hybrid provides support, including near the edges of the mattress.

• Firmness: Both the Bear Mattress and Bear Hybrid are medium firm. This firmness level is ideal for back sleepers.
      • Sleeping position: Both mattresses offer good or very good support for back sleepers. Side sleepers on the Bear Mattress also get good support. Stomach sleepers on the Bear Hybrid might have more issues sleeping comfortably. Side sleepers on the hybrid and stomach sleepers on the Bear will have average comfort.
      • Motion transfer: The Bear Mattress is excellent at absorbing motion. The Bear Hybrid isn’t quite as good but still absorbs motion very well.
      • Edge support: Neither mattress offered by Bear has excellent edge support. The Bear Hybrid mattress has the better edge support of the two, however.
      • Sleeping hot: Cool graphite gel in the Bear Mattress helps keep sleepers from getting too warm during the night. The Hybrid mattress is even cooler since the innersprings trap less heat. Each Bear mattress cover has Celliant technology to keep sleepers cool.

Bear mattress prices

The pricing on Bear mattresses is straightforward. The original Bear mattress is the more affordable option and the Bear Hybrid costs more. Each is available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King sizes. Pricing is competitive when compared to similar models and brands.

Mattress sizeBear Mattress costBear Hybrid cost
      Twin$440$990
      Twin XL$540$1090
      Full$640$1090
      Queen$740$1190
      King$840$1490
      California King$840$1490

Are Bear mattresses good?

Bear mattresses are good, particularly for those who like all-foam or hybrid mattresses. Bear mattresses are affordably priced, especially when compared to mattresses of similar quality. Back sleepers who enjoy medium firm mattresses will be the biggest fans of Bear mattresses, but they can work well for anyone.

8 Bear Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2019

Softness is the main thing when looking for a mattress, if I get this from a mattress I will surely buy it because I've had sleeping disorders over the past years and it is because I was laying in a mattress made of stone I guess. The Bear mattress has given me the comfort I need while sleeping and I haven't experienced any sleeping disorder in the past and it has been the brand I've been using for a long time. But I would improve the material that's been used along the years to make a mattress. Nevertheless it is not an urgent matter to me but it is surely something I wish mattresses companies improve.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

At the time when my girlfriend and I tried it out, it seemed very comfortable. Also it was on sale and fit my needs and my girlfriend at the time liked it. It's very form fitting and quite soft and comfortable. But it took a while to get used to it because it was a bit too soft for my liking. Also, it's getting a bit old and we could use a new one. But it has always been able to help me and my lover get a good night's sleep.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

One of the most important aspects of this mattress is its ability to relieve pressure. The pressure points can be formed while lying on a mattress causing pain and discomfort for the sleeper, this is not a problem with this mattress. With some mattresses, you may notice a strong chemical smell when you initially unbox, and this can be bothersome. However, this did not last long, but they should improve this, the smell makes it seem of poor quality. Other than that, the cover is very soft and thin to help with breathability. The thing that sets the Bear mattress cover apart is that it is made with a material unique. Bear used Celliant (material) to aid in recovery by turning body heat into infrared light which in turn would improve blood flow for increased oxygen circulation and temperature regulation, this is amazing and unique.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The reviews are all very positive and it seems to be better made with more comfort than other brands I had compared them to online. The gel infused memory foam does a great job at regulating my body temperature. I like that the mattress is made to improve blood flow and does a good job of keeping the person from overheating. It's very comfortable and is well made and suited for anyone who has back problems or someone who just finished physical therapy or has a tough time sleeping. I like that it is memory foam and making it easy to move around while laying down. The material of the cover is made of Celliant which helps one lead a more active lifestyle with less aches and pains.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Bear Mattress is very comfortable and build to quality quilted materials to give you better energy afterwards. This mattress is built to help you with any health problems when you sleep giving you the comfort you need while you sleep throughout the night and help you re-energized well into the next day. And it is very soft. However, I would want to improve the temperature consistency of the mattress. I feel that it sometimes feels hot and get uncomfortable at night. But then the mattress feels cooler after not using it after a while. I may just have to adjust the temperature in the room, but it isn't a big problem at all. Overall it feels great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bear Mattress?

Original review: April 16, 2019

So I bought this thinking I would get a better mattress since I was paying so much more for it. I slept ok for the first few weeks. After about 99 nights it became evident that my back pain was increasing. I had 100 nights warranty. Since then I sleep on my couch because it's just way more comfy. I will buy an Ashley hybrid next time for half what I paid... $1000 is what Bear mattress stole from me.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

It made it out to be something very different and much more useful than what I had before. It offered a way to make it into being something very much better and more comfy than what I was use to as well. Plus, it had the best price and the set up to me seemed to be very easy and different from what we had been use to seeing. But the size and color was not the best. It needed something to me that makes it more better for all. It needed to be sent a bit faster as well compared to times I have had before.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This mattress is incredible! I like everything about it! My family recommended me this brand and I feel in love. It has a very soft touch and is comfortable!! So nice, firm and durable!!! It is very inexpensive sleeping on it!! This brand is the best out there!!

Bear Mattress Company Information