3.7/5 (857 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Placed online order. Veggie sub only allowed one cheese selection. Called store, requested all cheeses and they denied request. Told me I had to make another order. Asked to place that other order. Told me they were too busy to take order. I asked what their name was. They hung up. Had my daughter call back to make sure they cancelled my order because my app said that I picked it up. They said yes. Two to three days to see the money back. My daughter asked their name and their manager's name and they hung up on it a second time.

For fifteen minutes of drive all the way to that store they just wouldn't answer their phone. Completely ignoring us altogether. We get there and there's at least three employees standing around doing absolutely nothing. Lobby empty and no customers there eating. I took a video of the rude and disrespectful person running the show. Guy with the pink hair. Very snappy. Seemed to be a controlling individual. I asked why he did what he did. Hang up on customers and then ignore them completely altogether. He then said I was rude and disrespectful. He and I both know I wasn't but I'm sure the other people only know what he's stating aloud.

So after I questioned him and he claims to have cancelled my order that my app says I picked up I then requested to place an order. I was told no and that they reserve the right to refuse service to anybody. I know this is true so I just turn and walk away. Through our entire conversation, he refused to tell me his name or his manager's name. This was absolutely the worst customer service I have ever come across at any Subway. The way they were all just openly hanging out, the way pink hair lied and said I was rude and disrespectful over the phone, the way pink hair lied and said he was too busy to take my order, he said I had to place to get a sub how I wanted and worst of all how he continuously hung up on me and my daughter and then completely ignoring the phone altogether. This person does not belong as a lead or dealing with customers on a professional level

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

On Friday the 26th I called the store approximately 16 times to cancel an order that went to that store by mistake and I was in the Mount Dora store, the manager of the Mount Dora store told me that she could not deliver the order until I called to The Villages store and cancel the order. The manager also called the store and they didn't answer the phone either, so I was left without lunch because they didn't answer the phone.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Most locations that I visit do a great job at keeping food covered from flies and have fresh looking food that looks very appetizing to customers But, 75% of the locations that I have visited have dirt poor food handling skills. "Those gloves"! With their gloves on, I have seen them run their hands through their hair then make a sub or stick their hands in their pocket then go make a sub or handle cash from another customer then go make a sub or use their gloved hands to brush crumbs and bits of food off the counter then go make a sub, on and on, you get my point. I understand, we are human, we forget. What I don't understand is why most of them get upset if you ask them to change gloves before they make your sub. With such poor food handling skills, it makes you wonder, do they rinse out the spinach from the package before they put it out to serve?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

They charged me almost 10$ for 1 footlong sandwich. They put very less stuff. I told them put more but still they put very less. No good. They fooled me and fooling people. They are fake. Scammer. Don't buy anything from them please.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Placed an order today via the app and it did not go through! My card was charged. I have completed a form to contact customer service (no response). Filing a complaint with BBB because if I try to file a dispute through my bank, they will have to reissue a new card! Deleting this app as soon as I am refunded.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Went to order online, was given a time frame and hit submit. Go to check on time frame of delivery and it is telling me to order again so I just figured it refreshed since the charge is on my bank account. Try to call the store to confirm and no one answered after about 4 or 5 calls. Call their customer service line and apparently it's all online now and you can't talk directly to a person. So I call again to get a general operator who says they can't access that even if it's through Subway's website and I have to call the store that isn't answering. She asks a few questions and it turns out my order most likely didn't go through even though they charged me and I have to actually call my bank to dispute because they are unable to refund me since the order technically didn't go through. Ridiculous

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Subway store in Homosassa FL is the worst. Have only been there maybe twice. Went in with the coupons given through the mail. My husband had one & I had one, besides a coupon for a free cookie. The coupons do not say certain sandwiches are not honored was the first dishonesty, then they would not honor a free cookie because we already had a coupon. Nowhere does it state anything like that. Will not go back, they are not honest.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I receive SUBWAY restaurant coupons every once in a while. While I'm not a big fan of Subway I do enjoy a bargain. I went to 3 different Subways today and got 3 different answers when I tried to use a coupon for a footlong sub. The first one said "We do not accept coupons." The second said the same thing. Finally, the third accepts coupons and when I was paying for my Philly sub, they informed me that there is an additional charge for this sub because it takes more cheese to make. Why would the corporate office send out coupons when 2/3 of their stores DO NOT accept their own coupons and the third charges additional fees. I understand these stores are not company owned but for the small amount they discount the sub with a coupon it would make more sense just to accept them. I guess I'll try another sub shop in the future.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

What is the use of offering coupons that are never accepted? These are unacceptable terms. The sandwiches have become less and less and quantity and quality over time. I would no longer recommend Subway if there are other options which there usually are.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Every time that I go to Subway fast food restaurant with only 100 bills they will not sell me sandwiches, even if I spend 60 dollars in their restaurants. Why do the government made 100 bills if subway will not accept 100 bills

Subway Company Information