Subway

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First off I ordered an Italian sub and the dude pulls out a flatbread so I reminded him and by the end he was charging me 19.86$ for a meal and I again had to remind the guy it's a meal DEAL so I finally got it down to regular 11.26.

Subway Food Poisoning - Hubby on the road, alone. Ate at Subway at a gas station store in Manhattan, Montana yesterday. Got sick last night with fever, chills, vomiting. Severe chills - so bad he considered calling front desk for medical help. Body is sore today from shaking so bad last night. Still feeling poor. Has to drive home and isn't really up to it. Turkey sandwich with jalapenos and said the jalapenos tasted funky. Subway should be closed down, this happens far too often.

** works at the subway at 101 E Town St Columbus Ohio 43215. I have been going to that Subway for the last 5 years and she has always showed common courtesy every single time I have been in there. I have 40 co-worker who frequent that subway daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and always has had a good outcome. I was there a few days ago, and it was a customer who was at the wrong end of the line and complained that he wasn't next. Well how would anyone know he was next if you already at the register. ** handled the situation very well and ask the customer what he wanted to order and he stated "what is you $6 daily special." It was Tuna... he said ok. ** proceeded to make a foot long tuna sub. He watch her, then when he got to the register he said he only wanted a 6' so she gave him what he ordered and said he was gong to call corporate on her. Because he wanted a foot long for the price of a 6'. I hope ** does not get in any trouble because of his complaint ** handle him with respect and no other way.

Just today our daughter's class got Subway and there was a shortage on tomato. Many children explained they didn't get what they wanted in their Sub. I am very disappointed of this waste of money. This has happened many years so I hope Subway can be more organised with their ordering. This was a waste of money!!??

On 6/22/17 we ordered 2 Subs online at the Burnt Hills, NY Subway. When I went to pick the order up I noticed they did not credit us with the coupon (2 for $12. I suggested they credit the credit card (which they took with no problem) or give us a gift card (which would have ensured we go back, they claimed because the order was placed online. The only people that could fix it was corporate. Rather than argue I agreed to call corporate who claimed the restaurant was the only people that could fix it! 18 hours later and nobody has bothered to attempt to fix this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

I purchased a half chicken teriyaki sub and it was awful. No chicken and no taste at all. After a few bites I threw it away. I do not see how this company can stay in business with the false advertising on their products. The pictures the post are not what you get from the store. The subs are bad. I will never go to a subway again.

When I went in she was very rude and seemed like she didn't want to be there. When she was talking to me and her co-workers, she had an attitude. She also complained about the lettuce being on the counter and said "We really need to learn how to keep this clean." When I ordered my sandwich I said I wanted a 6" on wheat and only the bacon heated. She gave me a glare and asked 6" or foot long. And then again she asked if I wanted it toasted and I said no I told you I wanted just the bacon heated. She was just very rude. Her name was KANDI. I would highly suggest that if she doesn't want to be working not to have her there. I work in the customer service industry and with her attitude today, I will not be recommending anyone to go there. Please follow up!

Okay. The first time I was charged twice for one bottled Coke. I called Subway and they noticed it, and apologized, and that was that. I went back up there a few days later, the manager apologized, and gave me a free sandwich. Cool. The second time the manager tore the top of my sandwich off, so I requested a new sandwich, he became upset with me, (maybe I hurt his pride) and refused to make me another one saying that they would all do the same thing. I offered to buy the one that he broke, but he wouldn't let me, and gave it to me for free. He gave me Hell about it nonetheless. Even though I was trying to pay for it.

Jump to a few weeks later, I go up there and "the system is down and it'll take an hour to come back on" so I left and got Sonic. A few days later a friend of mine, and myself go up there for lunch. The manager, again tells us both that, "the system is down for a few hours" even though he just served people. We left and got Sonic.

Jump to today. I go by myself. "Can I help you, sir?" "Yes, I'd like a..." (interrupted by the manager) "Sorry, sir. The system is down for a few hours". And this is after I just watched a man buy his food. I asked the gentlemen if he had a problem ordering. He said no. I told him this was the third within a week, maybe a week and a half that he's told me, "the system is down" and frankly I think it's completely **. The customer left with his food. I got on the phone with Subway waiting for someone to answer my call. The manager told me to leave his store because he wasn't serving me. I told him I wasn't going to have a conversation with him about it, that I was on the phone with Subway waiting. He told me he was going to call the cops. I said go ahead. He did.

The cops came, didn't really listen to a word I said. Escorted me out of the store, "before there was a problem" and told me to leave. I asked why he wasn't going to serve me, they basically told me to stop asking questions and go away. So, in order to avoid jail time, I left. Now, Subway doesn't really see what he did wrong. But I guess I'll wait for, "someone to contact me about the matter further." I was never offered an apology while I was on the phone with Subway. Even after I told them everything that happened.

I've always gone to my local Subway, and I've never had a problem until this manager started refusing my service because they overcharged me, and I called about it. And the fact that me, a paying customer wants his sandwich made right. And if it's not, I always, very politely ask them to make it again. I'm not being unreasonable. I'm not causing trouble, as he accused me of. I'm only exercising my rights as a paying customer. I've never raised my voice. I've never cursed anyone. I've never made a scene. And I have my family, and friends that have accompanied me many, many times to prove that.

I visited two Subways in one day due to the clerks behind the counter with beards making sandwiches but not wearing beard guards. I would not order based on that and left. I don't normally write reviews but in this case I contacted Subway via online. They were prompt to respond via email and asked me for the locations. The next thing I know I received a voicemail from the owner of Subway. Granted she was very nice in the message she left me but I'm not very pleased with Subway for forwarding my personal information. Yes, I know I typed it in on their site but for certain I did not want them to share it.

Dear Subway, why you guys absolutely SUCK these days: I used to be able to enjoy ordering a sandwich at Subway, but lately, I am astonished at the fact you people have actually gone out of your way to destroy customer value. First it was the cheese. Okay, I like Swiss cheese. But you dropped Swiss cheese so the closest thing I could replace it was provolone. What the ** is provolone? Screw that crap, I want Swiss cheese! Oh, okay well let's get up on our high hat and from now on I'll stick my chin out and say pro-vo-lone cheese, please. How ** stupid.

So, okay you first screwed me on your cheese. Fine, cheese is cheese. Then comes the bread. The one Goddamned bread I liked from your sorry ass company was Honey Oat bread! I know I'm not the only one because when you stopped making that bread I wasn't the only one in line that lamented the fact this one good bread that you had... was gone! EVERYONE wanted this bread! But you dropped it. Now why in the hell did you get rid of Honey Oat bread? What the ** is the matter with you?

So, okay... I can't get the simple cheese I want anymore from Subway, and I can't get the best bread you ever had from Subway... now what? Oh wow, you've just offered carved turkey meat! Well, that tides me over for as long as you allow this treat to be available. Today, strike three!!! YOU are OUT!... I learn carved turkey is no longer an option.

So there you have it folks. Subway gets my gold-star award for the only company I know of to discontinue anything that they have to offer that is of value which I liked. They actually went out of their way to piss me off as a customer. "Oh? You like this? Well, ** you. We stopped that. Oh you like that? Well go screw yourself we discontinued that. You had your mind set on this? Oh no... we don't do that anymore..."

Maybe your host Jared wasn't such a bad choice after all for your company. Both you and him take advantage of people. Both you and him have the same exact mindset which says that you are Number One and all of rest of us are just a commodity. We're not your customers, we're nothing to you, Subway. Three strikes and now YOU are out! I'll make my own sandwiches at home, thank you. And thank you, Subway, for nothing! You SUCK.

Veneta, OR Subway. Every time we place an online order it is ready for us! We always know when Anareah makes our sandwiches! They are consistently wrapped nicely and made clean and easy to eat. She has also never missed an ingredient! We have not had great service at this location until she started working! Thank you Anareah!

Went to go shopping at Meijer North Muskegon and was attacked by three workers at the subway in the front. It was my husband and I. Went to go to the Meijer deli and look over and a girl that works for Wesco who had my husband banned for a year from Wesco because they were getting mad because he kept winning on the lottery, so when he went to go cash a ($30) winner they handed it back and said they couldn't cash it. He couldn't understand why so Wesco banned him. Then she's working at Subway and harasses us. Meijers is also making a complaint.

I was having dinner with my family at Walmart Subway and my mentally-challenged aunt popped a paper bag and the lady that was working yelled at her like a child, pointing at her for five minutes. She said she was in the military and she has PTSD and "you don't do that in public". She was very rude about it. My aunt apologized to her. She kept giving us dirty looks and was rude the entire time we were there because they were closing in half an hour. She was slowly vacuuming right beside us, which was very loud and rude by the way. I will not be dining at the Subway in Millersburg, Ohio at Walmart ever again.

Placed an order online. BIG MISTAKE since you have to pay right then. After messing up my order, the staff person made an attempt to remedy the issue. "Frankie" the manager overruled her attempts saying they "did nothing wrong," and made no effort to make things better. Management is Horrible!

I just came back to work after returning the cold cut combo I purchased from the Subway Sandwich at 8th & E Streets SE. on Barracks Row in Washington, DC. The bread was so hard (stale). I thought Subway baked their bread daily. This has happened to me several times. No wonder they always want to toast it, which I don't allow. I get tired of asking the employees if I can feel the bread to see if it's fresh. Is Subway trying to save money? Very disappointed.

I ordered catering from the Subway on Richmond street west a few months ago and I was SO impressed. Everything was exactly what we ordered and on time with wonderful presentation. The second time we ordered catering (2017/02/21) blew us out of the water. We had a different company set up to cater us and they completely bailed. It was 20 minutes until lunch was supposed to be served and we had nothing. I called Inoka and she stopped absolutely everything to make our catering order as fast as she could. Inoka and her team created 4 platters of sandwiches and 24 cookies in 20 minutes. Inoka is the perfect example of fantastic customer service and we really hope this email will result in a recognition of her outstanding work. Thank you!

We have a local Subway store a few block from our residence and for years it was the best and greatest place for their sandwiches, it was a clean and well kept store but in the last year or so the store changed to a new franchise owner that has made not only me and my family but many in the neighborhood stop going there because of the place being dirty and un-sanitary. So now we have to drive 3 miles away to get a good subway sandwich.

We have witnessed on various occasions veggies (lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, etc) spilled off the sandwich on to the counter and scraped off the counter and put back in the container. On one occasion we watched a lady ahead of us have the wrong cheese put on the sandwich and then took the cheese off the sandwich wiped it off and put it back in the cheese container. We had once made a complaint on subway's website and expected to hear from someone at subway corporate but instead got a call from the franchise owner who told me that if we didn't like their food to never come back. All I can say is we are very dissapointed in subway for allowing a store to be run this way. Again we will continue to buy subway sandwiches now having driving miles away but never from this Kentwood store.

I went to the drive thru. They took my order. I order 2 foot long combos, they give me tuna. The drinks hiC, it was color water and they took forever. They aren't cheap for this kind of service. Never going back and not recommending it.

Subway Store # 30102-0: There was no regular Italian bread. The employee Bryan was sitting talking to another guy. My nephew and niece got yelled at by Bryan the employee. My brother was denied mayo on his sandwich. The employee was yelling at children. This establishment had no food that we wanted. The employee has only great service he kept talking to all night.

Although the daily special seems like a deal, it is not, because the owners, specially the **, put half of the salad stuff in the sandwich, saving huge amount by the end of the day. If you buy a foot-long sandwich, they will put five or six olives and a few of onion pieces (because these items are expensive). Customers either don't understand this or just ignore. The company should investigate this scam and stop giving franchises to cheaters. (Most of Subway owners are **.) I have similar experience at different locations. You will never experience such things at Tim Hortons or McDonald's.

Subway Bloomingdale Square Brandon Florida. Unhappy employees working there. They are rude. Subway at Bloomingdale Square is terrible place to buy sub. Employees work with ugly faces, they do not smile. I was there today Friday January 20th at 12:15 PM, and I was treated badly by a employee. On this place, employee are very rude with the customers. Nobody says "welcome to Subway" and nobody thanks you. They are very unhappy faces, very rude people. I have many other places to buy a subs, I will not be back in the Subway at Bloomingdale Square. Intersection with Bloomingdale Ave and Bell Shoals in Brandon.

Went to Subway with my grandson. Bought him a small 6 inch meal. It showed $4.75 in big writing thinking it was that price for a meal with a drink and cookies. When I had to pay the price they charged me $11.75. I couldn't believe it. Subway Highpoint Shopping Centre.

I will keep this short, the Subway on Lander Ave. in Turlock, CA. took my drivers license as collateral until I returned with the payment for the sandwich. I returned the very next morning and they lost drivers license! Now they will not reimburse me for the cost of my drivers license! And they were very rude about it and hung up on me!

Went there the other day the one 41 S Lee Street, Unit 5, Labelle, FL 33935, USA. 863-675-4003 ok. So we don't have to drive 40 minutes for a different sandwich shop. I asked before I ordered "did the Reuben sandwich be included in 6 dollar footlong." The lady said yes. I also ordered a tuna footlong. When I asked for fixings on the Reuben the lady said "we do not put anything on it."

First all hardly no sauerkraut. There regular amount of cheese. When I got to register 9.00 for a nothing sandwich and 6.00 (reg. 7.00) for the tuna. Had I known it was not going to be taken off I would have purchased the order separate. Worst sandwich ever. I can for 9.00 go anywhere else and get a full sandwich and the girl said "sorry that is the way it is." If a customer wants something on their sandwich regardless of what it is they should get it. They do for the meatball sandwich. I refuse to go back again unless the owner does something. We live in a small town with limited sandwich place.

I came yesterday around 10:30 am with a couple of friends. This is the first time of my friends in US. Actually they were in a scale of their trip to New York. Sadly their first experience with an US service attendance was at this Subway store # 29365-0 in Sawgrass Mills Mall Sunrise FL, with Geanine. "OMG", as she repeatedly said while we were deciding the bread we wanted. She was so upset. Her attitude was so horrible. She was complaining, making faces, like she was hating us for a reason that I still don't understand, and I was so embarrassed with my friends.

I was translating to them about the different kind of bread. When we chose one, Geanine in a rude way said she doesn't have that one, so, I asked her which ones she has, and then she again in a very aggressive way said all except that one, and she keep her bad attitude, to the point that I have to told her that I didn't want her to serve us. I'll wait for the other lady that was busy when we arrived to serve us. She looked very surprise but I told her that I didn't like her at all and that she was acting weird. And then not happy with that, she starting to laughing at us while we're waiting for the other lady.

After I confronted her about her laughing she went inside for a couple of minutes. Thanks God the other lady was nice and serve us how it has to be with RESPECT! Because this Geanine really has a behavioral problem and now, I found similar reviews, so, looks like isn't the first time she acted like that. What a shame. She needs to be working in another kind of environment. Maybe alone.

Now it comes the worst part. I came back to the same Subway and I noticed that Geanine wasn't there. I found the other lady that served us and I asked her for the manager, because I feel that I need it to submit a formal complaint about our awful experience and surprisingly Geanine is the GM General Manager of both of the Subways in the Sawgrass Mills. I was like what?? Are you kidding me?? Who hired a crazy, aggressive and rude person to be a manager of a business that serve people? I can't imagine how she should treat her employees if she treated us like garbage yesterday. Us, her clients.

This is terrible and I hope, you the corporate office and the owner of these businesses read this complaint and do something about it because isn't fair with the public to be treat in the way Geanine treated us. It felt like DISCRIMINATION. You can check the cameras. Hope they have microphones so, you can have probes of what I'm saying, or better send someone to check by himself. Send someone that look Latin and that doesn't speak good English and you'll see how bad she is. Imagine, people from over the world goes to this Sawgrass Mills mall to shopping, and, if she treat all of them without any patience and charisma, I really feel bad for them. Not many will do what I did to stand up and confronted her. She can convert a nice day to a nightmare and people didn't deserved that. I'll never come back to that Subway if she is around. She's scary.

Ordered online and when I arrived to pick up meal they said they could not connect to the host. I paid cash then found they also charged my card so I had to contact 8 different people and 3 top managerial positions to get my refund. I will never be back. I am going to the store today. This will be my 4th time. They said they will give me the refund after they were told to do so.

Today I bought my first Subway Reuben. As a sandwich, it was good. It is not a Reuben: No mustard; almost no sauerkraut. Is it true that Subway no longer uses Honey-Oat Bread? Does subway use Rye Bread? The Subway store I visited today is: Address: 882 W Hamilton Ave, Campbell, CA 95008. I live in Cupertino, CA 95014. The address of the Subway store there is: 21682 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014. I have stopped dealing with this Subway because the ingredients (chicken, etc) are not fresh. I suspect they do not have much business.

The corned beef Reuben subs are a major disappointment. We ordered two on 11/28/16 at Subway #19546, a 6-inch and a footlong. Neither looked like a Reuben. Didn't taste like a Reuben either. Minimal meat, almost no sauerkraut. Bread was dry. Would not recommend buying a Reuben at Subway.

My fiance and I went to Subway on Hwy 216 McCalla, AL. He gets off at midnight and we usually eat early in the morning. It's close by and we are regulars. We are in the process of moving so we have no oven or microwave at the moment. We go to Subway on 11-23-16 at 3:15am. The service was great and the young lady working was awesome. One thing, we couldn't get our sandwiches heated or toasted. Wanted a warm sandwich on a cold day. Get a new oven. We will not be back. This is ridiculous. It will not happen again. The poor girl working can't hardly get any good tips because of this. You are losing guest as well as employees losing money. Get the oven working. Very disappointed. Since I wrote this, now the owner will probably take it out on the employee. I've worked in restaurants, I know how it works. Get a new oven and do not blame the girl working, she was great. Very disappointed.

The lady behind counter (older woman) was rude to my wife and myself. Acted like she didn't want to wait on us. Ask for cream for coffee, her reply was, I have three and "that's all you get." Rude, Rude, Rude. And by the way did I say she was Rude? BAD EXPERIENCE.

Subway Company Profile