3.7/5 (955 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I had a bad experience at this Subway. Completely messed up our orders. Put ranch and mayo on my daughter's sandwich who is allergic to dairy! Anyways I got a message on Facebook from someone named HCR HCR. They stated "Maybe learn how to order a ** sandwich or uh go into the store you lazy ** then you won't have any issues if you don't know that the app automatically puts a set of veggies on each sandwich unless you specifically say what you want on it or off it then you don't need to be using it **. ** you and don't come again!" This is so absolutely unprofessional. I cannot believe she went and found my personal Facebook to belittle and degrade me! Shame on you!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Asked for the 10% seniors discount when making a purchase. I was told, "we don't do that". I said, "Really? I have read multiple places that Subway offers a 10% discount to seniors 60+". Again the reply was "nope". So I paid the full price and left. Contacted Subway Canada for clarification through their website. That was 9 months ago. Have not gotten any reply from them.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

App does not work. Customer service non-existent. Extremely rude, gossipy staff. They have my money loaded on an app that does not work in the stores and I am unable to use it. Each time I go to a Subway store I leave extremely upset. I either cannot pay for the sandwich because of the app or the staff have verbally spit all over my transaction. I tried calling their corporate office and the women who answered was no better. Extremely rude implying the app didn't work because of me. Unhelpful and resistant. Their new sandwich menu isn't that great...more like an excuse to charge more. All in all, Subway which used to be an affordable and favorite restaurant, has now become a huge disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

The Subway service has changed for the worse over the last 15yrs. No one is taking complaints over the phone anymore. Why are restaurant chains refusing to take manufacturer coupons? It would be great if someone from corporate would actually look into these claims.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Customer service and food preparation. Horrible customer service from both management and staff. Missing items from my order with no resolution. I ordered to be delivered and the entire order was messed up as well as missing items. I called; however, the manager and his manager were extremely rude and did not replace or refund my order.

At the end of several phone calls and complaints, I was offered to come in for them to remake the order, however, I will not trust them to prepare my food after the horrible feedback and experience I received. I asked the store manager to put me through to her boss and she never did. Her reply to me was rude and broken English. I asked if I could send her photos of the food I received for me and my grandchildren, she said yes, however, she blocked my number before I even sent the photos to her; then she fabricated on an email to me saying she called but I didn't answer and that she never asked me for any photos.

When I called and asked for the person's name that I was speaking to at the time of the incident, he said "why" and never gave it to me, then said "lady, I'm busy. I even tried to let them know I did not get my 10% off and was told "well, if it isn't on there, I can't do anything about it". I let that go. However, after the food arrived in the shape that it arrived and the quantity as well as missing items, I was concerned and that's when all hell broke loose. I was treated poorly for no reason at all. Why would I ever want to go back there to eat anything from them?

And to this date, I still don't have my refund. I spent 48.26 for what? Order not complete and I had a huge tortilla for all three sandwiches with hardly any meat. The bacon on one sandwich was raw, not even a tablespoon of chicken, on the other sandwich, same thing, except it was supposed to be ham and there was only one slice of ham, too much mayo, pickles that I asked not to put on there, and the tuna wrap, now that was a hot mess, a pepper stem, wilted lettuce and old tomato and a tablespoon for tuna, smeared on the huge tortilla, folded up flat.

After several more calls, a few not answered, the guy "still no name" gave me his manager "Nirali", and she barely wanted to answer her phone and when she did, it was very unprofessional. She then emailed me saying she showed them how to prep; if that's the case, then she should be embarrassed, and if she's rude, I can see why her staff is uncaring and rude. A lot happened that day and it was actually heartbreaking, and I will never go there or order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I will preface my poor review by saying I have eaten thousands of Subway sandwiches throughout my life and have never had issues until covid. I don't know what changed, but the quality is so poor now. Of the 4 times I've tried to go to Subway this year, 3 trips have been a waste of time and money...all 3 different stores too. I went for lunch one day...and as they're building my sub, I say..."looks good, just a shot of mayo down the middle, not too much lol". I didn't watch this step as they distracted me for payment...but when I got home, there was literally a cup of mayo on it. So gross!. The second time I had slimy spinach and green chewy tomatoes. I guess only one of your "sandwich artists" can seem content serving that...hardly eating fresh. Threw that away too after a bite.

The third trip was tonight...the kid toasted my sub without asking...so he had to start over...then again, while I was paying with another employee this kid put a half of an onion in my sandwich. Luckily I can pull those out...but that first bite wrecked it for me. Oh, and they charged me twice! These seem like such simple tasks...so how can they get screwed up? Maybe your employees should eat my mayo and onion subs so they can see how ridiculous it is. Would they serve that to their parents, or boss? Seems like basic training. For the record, jersey mikes always gives me what I order...no drowning it in mayo or burning with onions, no slimy or unripe veggies. And it doesn't really seem like brain surgery. Sorry guys...you've lost a 20 year old customer...I'll go to Jersey Mike's from now on...they train their "sandwich artists".

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Have all Subway restaurants got stingy or just National Highway in Thomasville NC. I ordered a foot long, hardly any lettuce and the guy actually counted out 4 pieces of green pepper and 4 pieces of onion. Seriously!! When I questioned he said that was all he was allowed to put on. Since when. Used to be you could hardly get your mouth around their sandwich for all the fillings. Now they’re counting how many pieces to give you. What a disgrace. It will be Jersey Mike’s for me from now on, they might cost a little more but they’re not stingy and they certainly don’t count out their fillings. I really want to complain to corporate office but can’t find where to do that so if anyone knows I’d appreciate it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

When I was younger I used to be a fan of the Subway restaurant chain, but now as an adult my opinion has drastically changed. When I go to subway I feel like they’re the customer, and I am the merchant. They’re always telling me what I can and cannot put on my sandwiches, and always refuse to substitute meats. For example, the club.. it comes with Turkey, roast beef and ham. I don’t like ham, so I try to sub it for pepperoni and the answer is always no! Why not!? It’s just one meat for the other, what’s the big deal?? If they do, they charge an outrageous mark-up. Coupons are next. I’ve received coupons in the mail and went to a subway near my home and they had a sign not accepting them. I understand some franchises do and some don’t, but the overall chain seems to conduct business the same. No thank you! Subway's just isn’t for me but to each their own.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I continue to get the worst service at Subway Restaurant in Rockwall, Tx off Goliad Rd. Restaurant is always out of fresh veggie, meat, cheese & salad dressing etc. People waiting on me have the I don't care attitude. I have pass on reviewing hoping things would improve. Not the case. Sorry service continue to get worst!! I have waited to give restaurant review but today was the last straw. They were out of regular cheese so they just added shredded cheese to sandwich, requested ham. Got turkey. Only wanted lettuce & bell peppers. Got the above with purple onion, tomatoes, requested vinegar. Got oil.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I was hungry and went online to order a sandwich from Subway. I selected the store, I took advantage of a BOGO (buy 1 and get 1 at 1/2 price.) I am disabled so I chose the "deliver curbside" option. I then paid for the order and left to go pick it up. When I arrived I discovered that the Subway was located within a mall and was very glad I asked for curbside pickup. I called the store as instructed and spoke with a man that had a very very hard time speaking clear English but I was able to make out that he was unable to bring my order out to me. I told him about the website and that I was just maybe 50 feet from his store. He told me, the best I could understand him, that he wasn't going to bring it out. I told him that he should just go ahead and cancel the order then and he said he would.

Well, the charge never got canceled. I tried calling the store again and got no answer. I tried calling Subway customer service and was told that all complaints were handled online and gave me a web address. I filled out the form and sent it in. I got an automatic reply that it had been recieved but NEVER was contacted by an agent. This was 11-21-22. It is now 12-1-22. I guess I am just out the 14 bucks but learned not to ever, ever get anything again from Subway.

Subway Company Information