Subway

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I went to Subway on 19th ave N for lunch and I had a BOGO with purchase of any drink coupon. I ordered one black forest ham footlong, and a subway club foot long, both were 5.99/each on the menu. But when I checked out, I was told it was about 11 dollar with the coupon, I wasn't expecting such a high price since the sub was only 5.99 and a drink should be around one dollar. I asked why, the cashier told me she did not know why, I just need to pay whatever amount the computer says. I told her to explain why I needed to pay that much. Then she got lady A who was in her late 40s or early 50s. She said, "because Subway Club was a special offer, your coupon could not work for that."

Well, I told them that there is no place saying that and plus I showed them the coupon even before I order and was only told that the coupon will not work for steak and cheese sub, but no one told me that it did not work for Subway Club either. I will not get the Subway Club if it's more expensive, and I want two black forest ham instead. Then lady A said "Ok, you can if you want," and then she left. For half a minute, the cashier did not know what to do but then she asked me to pay for the price of one black forest ham and one drink and put the two subs in front of me. I thought they probably realized it's their fault and just let me go. Plus, if I go and get a new sub, they probably have problem reselling this already made one. So I took the two subs and sat down to eat.

Ten minutes later, When I was about to finish half of my sub, lady A came up to my table, without even saying a hi, grabbed one of the subs (without even knowing which is ham one and which is Subway Club) from my table and raised her voice and said to me, "You took someone else's sub, you did not pay for it!" Her voice was so loud that everyone there began to look at me like a thief! I said that I paid for it. She said, "No you did not, you paid only for one black forest ham." I said, "Yes, but I have a BOGO coupon, I can get there other one for free." She said, "Fine, then go and wait in the line to get another black forest ham sub (there was a long line)," then she throw that sub she took from my table to the trash and left.

I was shocked! This is how Subway treat their customers, they would throw your sub to trash than let you eat it, even if this means they also need to suffer (a sub), they just want to humiliate their customers. So better be careful, do not let them be unhappy! Pictures are attached, the sub that thrown to trash by her.

I bit into a sub and pulled out something disgusting and chewy. It made me sick for three days. I emailed the company, jumped through their hoops, and they did NOTHING. Clearly never eating there again. What a terrible company.

I like this place for its fresh bread, its menu selections, price of selections. It is convenient when I shop. It is clean, good customer service, also the veggies that go on the sandwich are fresh too.

A Subway employee yelled at me and refused to accept a coupon from Subway.com. The corporate complaint number did nothing about her verbal abuse, assault, and refusal to accept a legitimate coupon from the Corporation itself. No action was taken on behalf of Subway or the owner of the franchise on Market View Drive in Champaign, IL! I have had to go to counseling to undo the damage that this individual caused. Yet the owner and Corporation itself still have done nothing!

By this means I would like to inform you the nightmare experienced that begins the day 8/5/2017 at approximately 1:50 pm. Approx. A horrible experience, regrettable, vicious and extremely embarrassing that we had to pass in front of our children and family in the Subway restaurant with the address 7780 Lake Underhill Road Suite 106 Orlando, FL 32822. We went to one of our favorite restaurants Subway since it was located in front of the hospital where our mother was hospitalized. Taking advantage of the fact that we had arrived offerings through text messages from the subscriptions of Subway (Official page) We decided to redeem them and use it before expired on 08/08/2017.

To show them the offers that we receive through text messages of the Subway restaurant, the manager never took the time to check the information. In fact she said: "They are false and we're not going to receive here," with the attitude arrogant, provocative and aggressive. The manager ** at no time wanted to cross word directly with us, was felt through signs intimidating with a tone rude and aggressive. Even asking her to please look for a second my cell and see that are not false, she treat us as liars without having look at it, corroborated the offers we have recently received. For us this is a traumatic experience and quite disgraceful, both for me and for my family. There we were marginalized, we humiliated in front of customers, we were made to feel discriminated against and very uncomfortable.

We were disappointed by the service so frightening that we receive in that local already that I know is not the service that we are used to receive. When I said that we were going to call corporate in search of answers and solutions to the situation. We went to the outside of the Subway restaurant trying to contact some district manager, we also try to call without any success to Ms. Vicki ** the number **. The employed subway (Manager **, used cashier **) to see that we were in search of answers through phone calls. The manager had called 911 to our surprise, the sheriff arrived it reaches us about and tells us that he is investigating an assault, a trespassing and a crime scene. We were in shock, the officer tells us that we had to enter the Subway restaurant without any foundations to our understanding.

My kids were nervous, anxious, my family was nervous, my sister patient of cancer she was super nervous, starts to cry questioning the officer that why? What was happening? My sister tells the police there's nothing has happened. Only wanted to redeem the offers of subway and the manager ** told us that no. The sheriff tells us that they (employed Subway) called 911 doing some allegations, then when the journal The confronter, informs us that them the manager ** and the employee ** accepted that the allegations that they did on the call of 911 were false testimony and contradictory.

He tells them to those employed in the Subway that our family requested see the cameras and all that had happen to discard the allegations, that those employed in the Subway did. The officer tells us that the employed Subway end up accepting that this was a lie which had argued when they made the call 911. Not satisfied with that, we seems more unfair even that the police have given us a trespassing warning for life?? We are still in shock! An injustice has been committed. We demand justice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

She told me the restrooms were for customers only and I explained that I was and she replied, “Not today you’re not.” So I took her picture and went to another Subway restaurant at the Mercado Shopping Center. Bought the sandwich of the day. Went back to the first Subway restaurant on El Camino and Bowers in Santa Clara California and showed my receipt to the cashier and she said the manager or owner was not there and she refused to help me. The first young lady was gone by 3pm and another young lady who I spoke to in Spanish was very racial with me, and rude. Called me an ** in Spanish!!!

I’m clean cut and am not a street person. I’m clean shaven with short freshly cut hair. Why was I harassed in the first place just for taking a leak in the restroom. I always patronize Subway restaurants at least once a week. I’m 57 years old and **. Both the young ladies were Hispanic. My wife is from Mexico and we have been married for 30 years. So there’s no way I’m a racist. If there is any Lawyers out there please call me at **. My feelings are hurt. I’m not sure why!!!

My friend and I went to the Subway at 1009 Narragansett Blvd in Cranston. The server ** was incredibly rude, unprofessional and dirty. While waiting on us, he waited on another client and he didn't change his gloves. Horrible experience and won't be back.

They are the worst, first choose your hero bread that is only part good, then they put 4 small 1/2 slices of roastbeef, 4 small 1/2 slices of black forest ham, 4 small 1/2 slices of your choice cheese, toppings of choice. SUCKS. FOR A FOOT LONG DON'T EXPECT A BIG SANDWICH. THEY SUCK BIG TIME. Starrett City, Brooklyn, 11239. I would never go back.

First off I ordered an Italian sub and the dude pulls out a flatbread so I reminded him and by the end he was charging me 19.86$ for a meal and I again had to remind the guy it's a meal DEAL so I finally got it down to regular 11.26.

Subway Food Poisoning - Hubby on the road, alone. Ate at Subway at a gas station store in Manhattan, Montana yesterday. Got sick last night with fever, chills, vomiting. Severe chills - so bad he considered calling front desk for medical help. Body is sore today from shaking so bad last night. Still feeling poor. Has to drive home and isn't really up to it. Turkey sandwich with jalapenos and said the jalapenos tasted funky. Subway should be closed down, this happens far too often.

** works at the subway at 101 E Town St Columbus Ohio 43215. I have been going to that Subway for the last 5 years and she has always showed common courtesy every single time I have been in there. I have 40 co-worker who frequent that subway daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and always has had a good outcome. I was there a few days ago, and it was a customer who was at the wrong end of the line and complained that he wasn't next. Well how would anyone know he was next if you already at the register. ** handled the situation very well and ask the customer what he wanted to order and he stated "what is you $6 daily special." It was Tuna... he said ok. ** proceeded to make a foot long tuna sub. He watch her, then when he got to the register he said he only wanted a 6' so she gave him what he ordered and said he was gong to call corporate on her. Because he wanted a foot long for the price of a 6'. I hope ** does not get in any trouble because of his complaint ** handle him with respect and no other way.

Just today our daughter's class got Subway and there was a shortage on tomato. Many children explained they didn't get what they wanted in their Sub. I am very disappointed of this waste of money. This has happened many years so I hope Subway can be more organised with their ordering. This was a waste of money!!??

On 6/22/17 we ordered 2 Subs online at the Burnt Hills, NY Subway. When I went to pick the order up I noticed they did not credit us with the coupon (2 for $12. I suggested they credit the credit card (which they took with no problem) or give us a gift card (which would have ensured we go back, they claimed because the order was placed online. The only people that could fix it was corporate. Rather than argue I agreed to call corporate who claimed the restaurant was the only people that could fix it! 18 hours later and nobody has bothered to attempt to fix this.

I purchased a half chicken teriyaki sub and it was awful. No chicken and no taste at all. After a few bites I threw it away. I do not see how this company can stay in business with the false advertising on their products. The pictures the post are not what you get from the store. The subs are bad. I will never go to a subway again.

When I went in she was very rude and seemed like she didn't want to be there. When she was talking to me and her co-workers, she had an attitude. She also complained about the lettuce being on the counter and said "We really need to learn how to keep this clean." When I ordered my sandwich I said I wanted a 6" on wheat and only the bacon heated. She gave me a glare and asked 6" or foot long. And then again she asked if I wanted it toasted and I said no I told you I wanted just the bacon heated. She was just very rude. Her name was KANDI. I would highly suggest that if she doesn't want to be working not to have her there. I work in the customer service industry and with her attitude today, I will not be recommending anyone to go there. Please follow up!

Okay. The first time I was charged twice for one bottled Coke. I called Subway and they noticed it, and apologized, and that was that. I went back up there a few days later, the manager apologized, and gave me a free sandwich. Cool. The second time the manager tore the top of my sandwich off, so I requested a new sandwich, he became upset with me, (maybe I hurt his pride) and refused to make me another one saying that they would all do the same thing. I offered to buy the one that he broke, but he wouldn't let me, and gave it to me for free. He gave me Hell about it nonetheless. Even though I was trying to pay for it.

Jump to a few weeks later, I go up there and "the system is down and it'll take an hour to come back on" so I left and got Sonic. A few days later a friend of mine, and myself go up there for lunch. The manager, again tells us both that, "the system is down for a few hours" even though he just served people. We left and got Sonic.

Jump to today. I go by myself. "Can I help you, sir?" "Yes, I'd like a..." (interrupted by the manager) "Sorry, sir. The system is down for a few hours". And this is after I just watched a man buy his food. I asked the gentlemen if he had a problem ordering. He said no. I told him this was the third within a week, maybe a week and a half that he's told me, "the system is down" and frankly I think it's completely **. The customer left with his food. I got on the phone with Subway waiting for someone to answer my call. The manager told me to leave his store because he wasn't serving me. I told him I wasn't going to have a conversation with him about it, that I was on the phone with Subway waiting. He told me he was going to call the cops. I said go ahead. He did.

The cops came, didn't really listen to a word I said. Escorted me out of the store, "before there was a problem" and told me to leave. I asked why he wasn't going to serve me, they basically told me to stop asking questions and go away. So, in order to avoid jail time, I left. Now, Subway doesn't really see what he did wrong. But I guess I'll wait for, "someone to contact me about the matter further." I was never offered an apology while I was on the phone with Subway. Even after I told them everything that happened.

I've always gone to my local Subway, and I've never had a problem until this manager started refusing my service because they overcharged me, and I called about it. And the fact that me, a paying customer wants his sandwich made right. And if it's not, I always, very politely ask them to make it again. I'm not being unreasonable. I'm not causing trouble, as he accused me of. I'm only exercising my rights as a paying customer. I've never raised my voice. I've never cursed anyone. I've never made a scene. And I have my family, and friends that have accompanied me many, many times to prove that.

I visited two Subways in one day due to the clerks behind the counter with beards making sandwiches but not wearing beard guards. I would not order based on that and left. I don't normally write reviews but in this case I contacted Subway via online. They were prompt to respond via email and asked me for the locations. The next thing I know I received a voicemail from the owner of Subway. Granted she was very nice in the message she left me but I'm not very pleased with Subway for forwarding my personal information. Yes, I know I typed it in on their site but for certain I did not want them to share it.

Dear Subway, why you guys absolutely SUCK these days: I used to be able to enjoy ordering a sandwich at Subway, but lately, I am astonished at the fact you people have actually gone out of your way to destroy customer value. First it was the cheese. Okay, I like Swiss cheese. But you dropped Swiss cheese so the closest thing I could replace it was provolone. What the ** is provolone? Screw that crap, I want Swiss cheese! Oh, okay well let's get up on our high hat and from now on I'll stick my chin out and say pro-vo-lone cheese, please. How ** stupid.

So, okay you first screwed me on your cheese. Fine, cheese is cheese. Then comes the bread. The one Goddamned bread I liked from your sorry ass company was Honey Oat bread! I know I'm not the only one because when you stopped making that bread I wasn't the only one in line that lamented the fact this one good bread that you had... was gone! EVERYONE wanted this bread! But you dropped it. Now why in the hell did you get rid of Honey Oat bread? What the ** is the matter with you?

So, okay... I can't get the simple cheese I want anymore from Subway, and I can't get the best bread you ever had from Subway... now what? Oh wow, you've just offered carved turkey meat! Well, that tides me over for as long as you allow this treat to be available. Today, strike three!!! YOU are OUT!... I learn carved turkey is no longer an option.

So there you have it folks. Subway gets my gold-star award for the only company I know of to discontinue anything that they have to offer that is of value which I liked. They actually went out of their way to piss me off as a customer. "Oh? You like this? Well, ** you. We stopped that. Oh you like that? Well go screw yourself we discontinued that. You had your mind set on this? Oh no... we don't do that anymore..."

Maybe your host Jared wasn't such a bad choice after all for your company. Both you and him take advantage of people. Both you and him have the same exact mindset which says that you are Number One and all of rest of us are just a commodity. We're not your customers, we're nothing to you, Subway. Three strikes and now YOU are out! I'll make my own sandwiches at home, thank you. And thank you, Subway, for nothing! You SUCK.

Veneta, OR Subway. Every time we place an online order it is ready for us! We always know when Anareah makes our sandwiches! They are consistently wrapped nicely and made clean and easy to eat. She has also never missed an ingredient! We have not had great service at this location until she started working! Thank you Anareah!

Went to go shopping at Meijer North Muskegon and was attacked by three workers at the subway in the front. It was my husband and I. Went to go to the Meijer deli and look over and a girl that works for Wesco who had my husband banned for a year from Wesco because they were getting mad because he kept winning on the lottery, so when he went to go cash a ($30) winner they handed it back and said they couldn't cash it. He couldn't understand why so Wesco banned him. Then she's working at Subway and harasses us. Meijers is also making a complaint.

I was having dinner with my family at Walmart Subway and my mentally-challenged aunt popped a paper bag and the lady that was working yelled at her like a child, pointing at her for five minutes. She said she was in the military and she has PTSD and "you don't do that in public". She was very rude about it. My aunt apologized to her. She kept giving us dirty looks and was rude the entire time we were there because they were closing in half an hour. She was slowly vacuuming right beside us, which was very loud and rude by the way. I will not be dining at the Subway in Millersburg, Ohio at Walmart ever again.

Placed an order online. BIG MISTAKE since you have to pay right then. After messing up my order, the staff person made an attempt to remedy the issue. "Frankie" the manager overruled her attempts saying they "did nothing wrong," and made no effort to make things better. Management is Horrible!

I just came back to work after returning the cold cut combo I purchased from the Subway Sandwich at 8th & E Streets SE. on Barracks Row in Washington, DC. The bread was so hard (stale). I thought Subway baked their bread daily. This has happened to me several times. No wonder they always want to toast it, which I don't allow. I get tired of asking the employees if I can feel the bread to see if it's fresh. Is Subway trying to save money? Very disappointed.

I ordered catering from the Subway on Richmond street west a few months ago and I was SO impressed. Everything was exactly what we ordered and on time with wonderful presentation. The second time we ordered catering (2017/02/21) blew us out of the water. We had a different company set up to cater us and they completely bailed. It was 20 minutes until lunch was supposed to be served and we had nothing. I called Inoka and she stopped absolutely everything to make our catering order as fast as she could. Inoka and her team created 4 platters of sandwiches and 24 cookies in 20 minutes. Inoka is the perfect example of fantastic customer service and we really hope this email will result in a recognition of her outstanding work. Thank you!

We have a local Subway store a few block from our residence and for years it was the best and greatest place for their sandwiches, it was a clean and well kept store but in the last year or so the store changed to a new franchise owner that has made not only me and my family but many in the neighborhood stop going there because of the place being dirty and un-sanitary. So now we have to drive 3 miles away to get a good subway sandwich.

We have witnessed on various occasions veggies (lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, etc) spilled off the sandwich on to the counter and scraped off the counter and put back in the container. On one occasion we watched a lady ahead of us have the wrong cheese put on the sandwich and then took the cheese off the sandwich wiped it off and put it back in the cheese container. We had once made a complaint on subway's website and expected to hear from someone at subway corporate but instead got a call from the franchise owner who told me that if we didn't like their food to never come back. All I can say is we are very dissapointed in subway for allowing a store to be run this way. Again we will continue to buy subway sandwiches now having driving miles away but never from this Kentwood store.

I went to the drive thru. They took my order. I order 2 foot long combos, they give me tuna. The drinks hiC, it was color water and they took forever. They aren't cheap for this kind of service. Never going back and not recommending it.

Subway Store # 30102-0: There was no regular Italian bread. The employee Bryan was sitting talking to another guy. My nephew and niece got yelled at by Bryan the employee. My brother was denied mayo on his sandwich. The employee was yelling at children. This establishment had no food that we wanted. The employee has only great service he kept talking to all night.

Although the daily special seems like a deal, it is not, because the owners, specially the **, put half of the salad stuff in the sandwich, saving huge amount by the end of the day. If you buy a foot-long sandwich, they will put five or six olives and a few of onion pieces (because these items are expensive). Customers either don't understand this or just ignore. The company should investigate this scam and stop giving franchises to cheaters. (Most of Subway owners are **.) I have similar experience at different locations. You will never experience such things at Tim Hortons or McDonald's.

Subway Bloomingdale Square Brandon Florida. Unhappy employees working there. They are rude. Subway at Bloomingdale Square is terrible place to buy sub. Employees work with ugly faces, they do not smile. I was there today Friday January 20th at 12:15 PM, and I was treated badly by a employee. On this place, employee are very rude with the customers. Nobody says "welcome to Subway" and nobody thanks you. They are very unhappy faces, very rude people. I have many other places to buy a subs, I will not be back in the Subway at Bloomingdale Square. Intersection with Bloomingdale Ave and Bell Shoals in Brandon.

Went to Subway with my grandson. Bought him a small 6 inch meal. It showed $4.75 in big writing thinking it was that price for a meal with a drink and cookies. When I had to pay the price they charged me $11.75. I couldn't believe it. Subway Highpoint Shopping Centre.

Subway Company Profile