1.36/5
  • 1 star
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Subway

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

287 Subway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I'm always happy to take my lunch with Subway. Today it is so good and well prepared. Services were also very good. I used to take Subway but never did any review before. That's why writing some good lines for Subway.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have had my Subway card for 10+ years, I have never used the points. Just kept collecting over the years, until today! (1-8-2018) when I was informed that my Subway card is NOT! Valid because I hadn't registered my card. Never has any Subway employee over several! Years told me that my Subway card was invalid! Very disappointed. So I have tried to register my card but the card is so old that the numbers on the back are no longer legible.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

After seeing the "special" Reuben footlongs, I decided to bite. I had not been pleased with the last Subway sandwich I got over 5 years ago, and, until now, didn't go back. But the picture of the Reuben on the TV made me decide to try them again. BIG MISTAKE!!! Where the TV picture shows multiple pieces of corned beef, what you get when you buy one is 1 slice. Even after adding the vegetables, you wind up with a sandwich that is essentially bread with a few additions. I don't plan to ever go back to Subway, but if I do, I plan to bring a picture of what they show on TV and tell them, "If it doesn't look like this, I don't want it."

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I had called and placed a order 2 cold cuts,1 BMT and a Club... All footlongs... I asked for the veggies on the side. I then asked the total I got online to get totals which I had said $25.30, she responded $25.29... Cool. With plenty of time I called again and asked if they would please cut them into Quarters. The person on the phone was short and rude when she responded, "Yeah, yeah I got it, any thing else?" I said no... I told them I will pick it up 6 or 630. I was running late 10 min maybe and they call. I said, "On my way out door." Went and got order, the lady that assisted me was upset that the lady who took my order should have charged me $11 for the veggie tray, but she told you a price, so I can't but it took me a hour to make it. I was very grateful for the tray. I was using a $25 gift card. Told her, "If I had 10 bucks I'd give you $5." Again she repeated it cost $11, she was like taking it out on me that her co-worker made a mistake.

I paid for my order. She gives me the tray and 2 bags which held the subs. After I get to the NYE party there was none of the condiment I had asked for. Later at the party I was talking about how I felt mistreated. She was really upset. I asked them to cut the subs in 4's, a friend spoke up and said I was in the store when you called and she was really upset that I asked them to cut your subs, she said to the other worker, "It was that lady. Now she wants us to cut the subs, I wonder what she will want next time." When my friend told me that I was Very disappointed. No really I was HIGHLY pissed...

I called the next day and spoke with the manager let him know I did not get the condiments. He said he saw them in the walk in. I also told him about how the one lady was rude and I explained to him how she respond and in front of customers! He said he would take care of it right away... Again the apologies were not present, I feel I was disrespected by the cashier with her remarks in front of customer. I just feel I needed to express how I felt.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Dry over proofed bread AGAIN - What is it Subway? Overproofing or not through water in the proofer because lately every bread I get is 12 inches thick, airy, dried out and crumbles apart. Can these employees not hear the buzzer on the proof box when the bread is ready for the oven or are they too involved with faces in their phones as I've seen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Actually this is a two-fold or maybe three - fold. My husband was happy to see the Reuben so we were going to the store and decided to eat at Subway which is in the store. We ask for a Reuben and was told by the ONE employee they didn't have any Rye Bread. We were also told that it was the employees at night who didn't bake it off. Then when went again and ordered the special but was told the special was no longer valid. Although it expired on the day we were there. Now today we again was going to give it a try. Again only one employee at rush time (lunch). Said she was by herself. Really! As I was waiting for my sandwich I happened to look at the sneeze guard and could write my name in the dust. This has been the worst Subway I have ever been in. Out of Meat out of Coke out of Bread. Wow! Last visit there. Store # 52008-0 494 w I30 Royse City Texas 75189.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I asked for light mustard!! What I got was a steak and cheese dripping with mustard!! When I called to speak to manager she informed me that they had new people and I was to bring sandwich or receipt in or it wouldn't be replaced!! And I have 48 hours to do it!! I threw the sandwich in the trash!! I probably have the receipt in the car but I'm tired and mad! Also there's another Subway just down the street that will getting my business!!! I'm not a liar and never call to complain but I think all that mustard was a joke to them!! Guess what the jokes on you. I will be telling everyone what bad service you give!!!! No one should eat there. Who knows what else they're doing with your food!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Every time I go to Subway and order a sandwich I ask, “Is this fresh bread?” and she says yes and she's not very friendly neither. None of them in there are friendly not a one then I get home with my sandwich and the bread is stale and no good and you cannot eat it and I am sick of these girls telling me it's fresh bread when it is not. I am sick of Subway. They have the most unfriendliest people in there you can find. If you ask for fresh bread you want fresh bread not stale bread. By the way they do not deserve one star.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Went to Subway. The worker coughed in my face and all over the food. It paying attention bought the sub then trashed it out. 8 bucks. They said they would send the 8 in the mail. **. Then they called and said would leave gift cards. MORE **. All I got was sick for a week and medicine bills. Will never eat at Subway again and calling the health dept hoping they shut down the location.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My daughter and I went for lunch and ordered two 6 ft sandwiches at Centerpoint Mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The guy was making the sandwiches was putting half ingredients. He was supposed to put on each sandwich, he was supposed to put on. For example: two slices of cheese, because I asked for cheese, then I asked for spinach and he put two small leaves of spinach! and I asked for cucumber and he puts two slices of cucumber! and I gave up! It seemed he was on a really tight budget!!! I wish I could ask someone from the company to go undercover and find out what was going on with that location.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My Mom and I went to Subway on Guide Meridian in Lynden, WA. We wanted to use the coupons that Subway had in the Lynden newspaper that Wednesday November 1, 2017 but when we arrived at the Subway; it was quite busy but that was not a problem for us. Our problem was when after waiting for almost ten minutes we reached the counter only to be told very rudely that they didn't take the coupons and wouldn't be taking them. My question is why would Subway send them out if Subway wasn't taking them. We didn't stay and order food.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I contacted Subway corporate about my experience in stores located in the Freeport NY area; this was the reply from the store owner. This owner also has locations I Baldwin, and Merrick NY as well; so watch out. Of the following is how you deal with your customers; this shows how serious a problem exist with whom Subway would allow to own franchises, and how lax they are with Customers Service. The following is the reply from the store owner in regards to my complaint.

"I’ve tried to contact you on several occasions since this morning, seems like you don’t have ** to receive my calls. Your phone company is rejecting my calls. If you are jealous, that I own all the Subways in Freeport, I suggest that you go 3 towns down, because I also own Locations in Baldwin and Merrick. I’m a Franchisee for last 19 years, and I take care of my customers at the highest level possible. If you are related to one of my ex employees then have some ** and come out. I’ve asked the customer service department at Subway NOT to take calls from people who are NOT real customers of Subway. If you still think, you have a legit complain, I would love to fix my mistakes... Please provide me with your time of visit and your receipt #, and please have a legit phone number on your complain."

I never asked that this idiot contact me; nor do I want someone like this calling my phone. If this is how Subway teaches their franchisees to resolve issues and address customers. I don't want this matter resolved. I just won't ever eat at another Subway restaurant again, and I will encourage friends and family to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After 1.5 yrs of buying from this place I just had the worst customer experience ever. Unbelievable! 2nd time in a row the restaurant "claimed" they did not receive my online order. After showing receipt of purchase AND payment they still did not want to give me the sandwich as they said the order was probably canceled and refunded BUT it was not. The order was in the system and paid for. Not only they were rude but the attendant started cursing at me for no reason, with a minor (my son) in the car. I called CORP and they did have my order and everything was paid for ($8.14). So instead of checking their systems to look for my order number they decided it was a better choice to not give me the sandwich and CURSE at the customer. I will never be back there at Subway at 2701 Davie Blvd, that is for sure. They just lost 3 customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Last night we had the worst service we've ever had from a fast food restaurant. We ordered a few 6" subs and a couple of cups of soup. When we got home, we found that the cups of soup were only half full. The subs were all more than just skimpy with the meats. I called to complain and was simply told that the subs were all prepared "as usual", and that it was standard practice to only use "one ladle" full of soup per cup, which only fills them halfway. I asked to speak to the manager, but was told that he wouldn't be back in until the next day, at which point I said I'd call the manager the next day.

The manager, Rob, seemed actually reasonable and sympathetic. However, since he did not have the capability to reimburse us, he told us to call the franchise owner, Gary, to get a refund. When I finally got through to Gary, he was ANYTHING but reasonable. He insisted that there was NO way that we could have had such poor service at his store. It was obviously inconceivable for him. With one of the subs, the Autumn Turkey Carver, which appeared to have a single thin slice of turkey, he told us that they had run out of stock and had to supplement a regular carved slice of turkey with an additional thin deli slice. Even if this were true, it means that he is fully aware that they are not selling the exact product that Subway advertises. So, since they don't mention that to the customers, that is fraud right there.

He also kept insisting that he had spoken with my wife many times, dealing with complaints, in effect accusing her of being some sort of chronic complainer or swindler. Neither she nor I had ever spoken with him before, let alone call to complain about service at a Subway. There was no talk of any sort of reimbursement. He simple said that he'd "look at the tape" and deal with it. When asked if "dealing with it" meant calling us back as soon as possible to see about reimbursement, he balked. He ended up hanging up on us.

We've been going to this particular Subway for years and years. This is the first time we've had such a problem. As I understand it, this franchise owner is somewhat new to this particular Subway store. We liked it a LOT better before he took over! After being hung up on, I called back to let the owner know I would be posting the negative service story anywhere I could online... then I hung up on him! It is the last time we will buy from this Subway. And since we have no way of knowing which other Subways might be owned by this franchise owner, we'll use Quiznos from now on! I would have given this place zero stars, but that doesn't seem to be allowed.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Went in to get a 6" salad bowl, which is not too big for the price I paid, which cost $6.76. That sounds outrageous as the owner David Bombara will NOT permit discounts. I think it is sad because some of the careers people do in their life is sacrificed for people who are free to work anywhere here in the US. This owner needs to not be so greedy as other Subways will offer these discounts and they are gracious with it but NOT this owner at 9045 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV. Note: Your receipt is running out of ink maybe why owner don't want to pay for that. Could barely make out order #.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been a loyal Subway customer for years and I have been collecting points every time I purchase a sandwich. To my surprise, when points are not used to purchase a sandwich, they are arbitrarily taken back. I had accumulated a large number of points, with the intention of redeeming them over the summer while on vacation. I was shocked when Subway deducted 1000 points from my account because they had not been used. I consider this stealing from their customer. I earned these points. They are in my account, and Subway has no right to just deduct them without first notifying me. Subway could contact me via email to let me know that if points are not redeemed by a certain date, they will be deducted.

The fact of the matter is Subway contacts no one, they just deduct the points. This is theft. And Subway should be held accountable for all of the points they have stolen from their customers. To date I have lost over 1000 points. These are points that I earned buying their product. I should have been able to redeem them for food items for myself and family. I have contacted Subway twice about this issue, and each time I received an email stating that this was their policy. WELL THEIR POLICY STINKS. And I want everyone who patronizes Subway to know how they truly treat their customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hello all! First, I'd like it to be known that I take great pride in my manners, I am always polite - Please, thank you, and excuse me are natural responses whenever I am socializing with other individuals. I have noticed that when I am visiting the Subway in West Seattle, On Andover and Delridge, I am usually greeted with an attitude, my items get slammed around and my change is handed to me in a downright disrespectful way.

So today I decided to ask if there's an issue with me. No one responded, the cashier turned her back and continued to pretend to wipe the counter as they spoke to one another in Spanish. It is disappointing because there are not many other options for lunch in this area, and I am always friendly when I approach the employees there. I am not sure who I can contact- not sure if there's even be a resolution. So I vented- and I guess I will not go there again!! I cannot submit a receipt as a "verified buyer" because I was not given one. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I decided to go to Subway for dinner tonight. Because I was tired of eating cups of noodles and had enough for a typical sub. My favorite is a turkey sub with roast beef and lots of veggies. I order it my way. The person does this. I decide to spring for the meal. $14 for this sub! I honestly only got turkey, roast beef, and veggies, smallest bag of chips ever and a small drink. $14!!! I could have gone to Jersey Mike's and got a large sub (about twice as big as Subway's) for the same price.

I also could have gone to my local Thai food shop and paid half as much for twice as much. Worst about it, was when I complained about it at the register, the person behind it told me it was because I ordered a custom sub. Whereas if I had ordered one of their signature subs (most with a lot more going on than what I asked for) it would have been between $4-5 cheaper. What sense does that make!? I am locked in to ordering one of their signature subs and if I don't I am charged more? Needless to say, I will never eat at Subway again. Jersey Mike's all the way. Way fresher ingredients. Much nicer staff. And they won't bend you over at the counter for a cheap sub that should have costed $9 at most but instead charge you $14 and say "well deal with it". Boycotting Subway now.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I went to the Subway at the local mall. The food was good and the receipt had a coupon for a free cookie. I went back to that Subway looking forward to eating a meal complete with dessert. When I presented the Subway coupon to the cashier, she said that Subway would not honor the coupon. I was hungry so I paid for the food that was already prepared, but that is the last time I will ever eat the Subway unless it changes its ways.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I go to store on 9188 Plainfield Rd, Blue Ash, OH 45236, for the last three week I have came in the store on a Saturday and it's only one person working and she has a line. So I spend most of my lunch staying there waiting to be serve. I have talk to the manager more than once and the young lady is still working alone. I get 30 min for lunch. I shouldn't spend 20 min in the line.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I went to Subway on 19th ave N for lunch and I had a BOGO with purchase of any drink coupon. I ordered one black forest ham footlong, and a subway club foot long, both were 5.99/each on the menu. But when I checked out, I was told it was about 11 dollar with the coupon, I wasn't expecting such a high price since the sub was only 5.99 and a drink should be around one dollar. I asked why, the cashier told me she did not know why, I just need to pay whatever amount the computer says. I told her to explain why I needed to pay that much. Then she got lady A who was in her late 40s or early 50s. She said, "because Subway Club was a special offer, your coupon could not work for that."

Well, I told them that there is no place saying that and plus I showed them the coupon even before I order and was only told that the coupon will not work for steak and cheese sub, but no one told me that it did not work for Subway Club either. I will not get the Subway Club if it's more expensive, and I want two black forest ham instead. Then lady A said "Ok, you can if you want," and then she left. For half a minute, the cashier did not know what to do but then she asked me to pay for the price of one black forest ham and one drink and put the two subs in front of me. I thought they probably realized it's their fault and just let me go. Plus, if I go and get a new sub, they probably have problem reselling this already made one. So I took the two subs and sat down to eat.

Ten minutes later, When I was about to finish half of my sub, lady A came up to my table, without even saying a hi, grabbed one of the subs (without even knowing which is ham one and which is Subway Club) from my table and raised her voice and said to me, "You took someone else's sub, you did not pay for it!" Her voice was so loud that everyone there began to look at me like a thief! I said that I paid for it. She said, "No you did not, you paid only for one black forest ham." I said, "Yes, but I have a BOGO coupon, I can get there other one for free." She said, "Fine, then go and wait in the line to get another black forest ham sub (there was a long line)," then she throw that sub she took from my table to the trash and left.

I was shocked! This is how Subway treat their customers, they would throw your sub to trash than let you eat it, even if this means they also need to suffer (a sub), they just want to humiliate their customers. So better be careful, do not let them be unhappy! Pictures are attached, the sub that thrown to trash by her.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bit into a sub and pulled out something disgusting and chewy. It made me sick for three days. I emailed the company, jumped through their hoops, and they did NOTHING. Clearly never eating there again. What a terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like this place for its fresh bread, its menu selections, price of selections. It is convenient when I shop. It is clean, good customer service, also the veggies that go on the sandwich are fresh too.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

A Subway employee yelled at me and refused to accept a coupon from Subway.com. The corporate complaint number did nothing about her verbal abuse, assault, and refusal to accept a legitimate coupon from the Corporation itself. No action was taken on behalf of Subway or the owner of the franchise on Market View Drive in Champaign, IL! I have had to go to counseling to undo the damage that this individual caused. Yet the owner and Corporation itself still have done nothing!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

By this means I would like to inform you the nightmare experienced that begins the day 8/5/2017 at approximately 1:50 pm. Approx. A horrible experience, regrettable, vicious and extremely embarrassing that we had to pass in front of our children and family in the Subway restaurant with the address 7780 Lake Underhill Road Suite 106 Orlando, FL 32822. We went to one of our favorite restaurants Subway since it was located in front of the hospital where our mother was hospitalized. Taking advantage of the fact that we had arrived offerings through text messages from the subscriptions of Subway (Official page) We decided to redeem them and use it before expired on 08/08/2017.

To show them the offers that we receive through text messages of the Subway restaurant, the manager never took the time to check the information. In fact she said: "They are false and we're not going to receive here," with the attitude arrogant, provocative and aggressive. The manager ** at no time wanted to cross word directly with us, was felt through signs intimidating with a tone rude and aggressive. Even asking her to please look for a second my cell and see that are not false, she treat us as liars without having look at it, corroborated the offers we have recently received. For us this is a traumatic experience and quite disgraceful, both for me and for my family. There we were marginalized, we humiliated in front of customers, we were made to feel discriminated against and very uncomfortable.

We were disappointed by the service so frightening that we receive in that local already that I know is not the service that we are used to receive. When I said that we were going to call corporate in search of answers and solutions to the situation. We went to the outside of the Subway restaurant trying to contact some district manager, we also try to call without any success to Ms. Vicki ** the number **. The employed subway (Manager **, used cashier **) to see that we were in search of answers through phone calls. The manager had called 911 to our surprise, the sheriff arrived it reaches us about and tells us that he is investigating an assault, a trespassing and a crime scene. We were in shock, the officer tells us that we had to enter the Subway restaurant without any foundations to our understanding.

My kids were nervous, anxious, my family was nervous, my sister patient of cancer she was super nervous, starts to cry questioning the officer that why? What was happening? My sister tells the police there's nothing has happened. Only wanted to redeem the offers of subway and the manager ** told us that no. The sheriff tells us that they (employed Subway) called 911 doing some allegations, then when the journal The confronter, informs us that them the manager ** and the employee ** accepted that the allegations that they did on the call of 911 were false testimony and contradictory.

He tells them to those employed in the Subway that our family requested see the cameras and all that had happen to discard the allegations, that those employed in the Subway did. The officer tells us that the employed Subway end up accepting that this was a lie which had argued when they made the call 911. Not satisfied with that, we seems more unfair even that the police have given us a trespassing warning for life?? We are still in shock! An injustice has been committed. We demand justice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

She told me the restrooms were for customers only and I explained that I was and she replied, “Not today you’re not.” So I took her picture and went to another Subway restaurant at the Mercado Shopping Center. Bought the sandwich of the day. Went back to the first Subway restaurant on El Camino and Bowers in Santa Clara California and showed my receipt to the cashier and she said the manager or owner was not there and she refused to help me. The first young lady was gone by 3pm and another young lady who I spoke to in Spanish was very racial with me, and rude. Called me an ** in Spanish!!!

I’m clean cut and am not a street person. I’m clean shaven with short freshly cut hair. Why was I harassed in the first place just for taking a leak in the restroom. I always patronize Subway restaurants at least once a week. I’m 57 years old and **. Both the young ladies were Hispanic. My wife is from Mexico and we have been married for 30 years. So there’s no way I’m a racist. If there is any Lawyers out there please call me at **. My feelings are hurt. I’m not sure why!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I work in Wal-Mart with a subway. I was going to the drink fountain with my 30oz insulated Tumbler to get tea to have a little sugar for my diabetes. I fill it up then got ready to pay at the counter. She yells, "Hey you got tea and you have to pay for that," before I even get the chance to turn around. You kept repeating to me like a child I wasn't supposed to do that like I was stealing. Never going back Subway while at work if she is there.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My friend and I went to the Subway at 1009 Narragansett Blvd in Cranston. The server ** was incredibly rude, unprofessional and dirty. While waiting on us, he waited on another client and he didn't change his gloves. Horrible experience and won't be back.

Original review: July 23, 2017

They are the worst, first choose your hero bread that is only part good, then they put 4 small 1/2 slices of roastbeef, 4 small 1/2 slices of black forest ham, 4 small 1/2 slices of your choice cheese, toppings of choice. SUCKS. FOR A FOOT LONG DON'T EXPECT A BIG SANDWICH. THEY SUCK BIG TIME. Starrett City, Brooklyn, 11239. I would never go back.

Original review: July 15, 2017

First off I ordered an Italian sub and the dude pulls out a flatbread so I reminded him and by the end he was charging me 19.86$ for a meal and I again had to remind the guy it's a meal DEAL so I finally got it down to regular 11.26.

Subway Company Information

www.subway.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use