1.46/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 15, 2018

300 Subway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

I just came back from store #6233-0. Daniel was working, back of his tan shorts had ** all over them bad. Then 2 weeks ago went and this girl was working very nice, but a guy hung out there harassing the customers. I called the manager next day. This place is walking distance, but if I have to go 3 miles to one. I will know someone needs to do something about the stuff that goes on there.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered on Just Eat. It was hour late and when arrived order was wrong and shoved in the bag. When I called the Crawley high street store and started to complain the Indian woman started screaming at me down the phone. Not letting me get a word in. When I explain she is customer service and not to talk over me she continued to completely ignore me and scream down the phone... obviously knowing HER mistake... I said, “I want to speak to the manager” and she proceeded in telling me, “You do that" and hung up. I called Just Eat who then in turned called her... only for the agent to get the same treatment. Absolutely disgusting and very high opinion of herself. I will be going in person to speak to the manager.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Horrible experience all because of the wording of the Coupon reading "Buy Any Sub and get a Free Six Inch Sub". The Woman In Newbury Township, Ohio pushed the Panic Button on me and had the Sheriff show up even though she made me the 12-inch Sub... He read the Coupon the exact same as me... I decided to leave without my extra sandwich as she asked me if I wanted it but I would need to pay for it... 7:54 PM on April - 8th - 2018. I walked to the front of the business so I could get away from the woman yelling at me. We were both in a heated discussion. This is 100% True as to what happened. More happened with the two of us arguing. I told the lady that I have PTSD and she said she did as well... Not a good evening for either of us.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Went to Subway last night. One poor girl working her you know what off for I bet crappy pay... It seems to have smaller meatballs every time I go there. And now the plastic cups have changed. They are so thin they are hard to hold when filled... This place goes downhill not up. If you like bread then eat here because it's hard to find the meat.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Subway began a rewards program about three weeks ago. As I was eating there regularly as part of my ongoing diet I figured it would be a bonus and signed up immediately. The card I was given to set up my account was the gift card AND NOT the mysubwaycard they began stocking later. After accruing more than 150 tokens, by my estimation, I attempted to use those tokens. Lo and behold I was told first there were no tokens on my card and then explained away as having given out the wrong cards. Hmmm ok take care of it manually. I am due two foot long subs. After speaking with the store manager and then several email exchanges with the main office NOTHING. Basically told tough **. No more skimping with a well placed single layer of meat. Three months of footlong subs translates to $958.50 with three months to go. I'll now take my business to Jimmy John's or Sparky's Firehouse Subs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: March 31, 2018

I decided after a long move and lots of unpacking. I was not cooking, we was eating Subway. After getting online to order the sandwiches. Went to make a payment of 27.56, I got a notification that said unsuccessful payment. So I forgot about getting Subway and got something else. Woke up this morning and they took off $150.00 in subs. $30; 5 times, 1 unsuccessful attempt and I am fighting with the card company about it, I am excuse my French pissed the eff off!!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I decided to order the new steak and cheese wrap. When making the wrap I noticed the meat looked light. When I asked if the meat was in fact double meat as the signs says and displays she assured me it was. As she progressed I just felt like it was not. I asked one last time if it was double meat. This is where she got snappy and rude. I pay no attention to her. When I finished paying 7.90 for the wrap. I sat right there to eat it, I open the wrap and look. There was hardly a piece of meat. I took pictures. I thought well maybe the meat isn’t in the center and more towards the ends. This was a wrong assumption.

I took pictures as I progressed into the wrap. There was no double meat. There was not enough for a single meat. I showed the manager and they remade my wrap with the exact results. Either the spec chart is wrong and that staff is trained wrong or the company simply doesn’t put double meat. Either way poor business. I will not return to pay 7.90 for a wrap full of toppings.

Original review: March 13, 2018

My husband and I eat at Subway a lot. On the healthy menu you went up in price and cut quantity of meat and cheese. Very noticeable. Not Happy. We don't mind paying for what we get but, we feel ripped off. There's many sub shops in our area and we will be trying them.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Every time I visit the local Subway on St. Pete Beach, the older lady is always rude, never pleasant. I don't think she like ** men. I'm always rushed, it bothers her when I ask simple questions. But I notice when she talk to ** people she smiles, and more patient! Shes Not friendly at all to me, but the manager is great! I will not patronize the Subway on St. Pete Beach anymore!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I have been eating at Subway stores for a couple years. I sometimes eat there 5 times in one week. The people that work in the two stores I eat at are usually fun, fast, and 5 star rated. So, I have done the "tell Subway" survey, given 5 star rating... But lately the site will not let me post ratings! I HAVE ALWAYS checked the ok to call me... Etc. Always given 6 star ratings. So whats the problem?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I ordered my sandwich online from Subway (2176 Hillsboro Rd Franklin TN) for the first time. I asked for no wet toppings on sandwich. I don’t eat condiments like mustard, cheese, mayo... And I HATE SOGGY BREAD! My 17 yr old went to pick up. They refused to make another sandwich stating I didn’t ask for this. My other daughter went in and was going to put me on speaker phone but this employee only spoke OVER her stating I can do nothing over and over. She walked out feeling like there’s nothing she can do. I asked my teens to wait in the car. I called in and spoke to the same man I heard on both of my daughter's cell phone. I asked the manager and at first he said he was. Then after I asked for his name he stated the manager was not in.

He argued saying I’m not putting your items in a salad bowl. I said that’s fine. I just don’t want SOGGY BREAD. He continued to argue to put meat on a piece of bread. It came home with no cuts just bread and meat. Normally the toppings they put in little cups BUT NOT THIS STORE! After agreeing to remake, he literally put all the toppings in two cookie bags then in a plastic sandwich bag. The paper had disintegrated in the 10 min drive home and the plastic was leaking. Is putting food in a paper cookie bag and then in a sandwich bag all mixed together ok under the health code? I literally had to sort thru it all on a plate and make piles of different veggies. Oh then I found the second paper cookie bag under it all falling apart.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We are steady customers of Subway, our favorite by far is the Subway at #23406-0, 140 Airport Road, Arden, NC. It is always clean, the work area is always clean and well organized. The servers, ** and ** are the best. They always make you feel welcome, they are quick, they are a great team. There are SUBS always great.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Subway 1012 Clairmont Salisbury MD. Don't go! Manager stands behind counter in dirty coat and reeks of tobacco smoke. Talks to employees while they are trying to prepare food. Was in there six months before and same thing occurred. The line was so slow it took over 30 minutes to make two subs and one salad and when we left there was over 10 people in line. I question the cleanliness of the store if you observe who is allowed behind counter!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I'm always happy to take my lunch with Subway. Today it is so good and well prepared. Services were also very good. I used to take Subway but never did any review before. That's why writing some good lines for Subway.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have had my Subway card for 10+ years, I have never used the points. Just kept collecting over the years, until today! (1-8-2018) when I was informed that my Subway card is NOT! Valid because I hadn't registered my card. Never has any Subway employee over several! Years told me that my Subway card was invalid! Very disappointed. So I have tried to register my card but the card is so old that the numbers on the back are no longer legible.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

After seeing the "special" Reuben footlongs, I decided to bite. I had not been pleased with the last Subway sandwich I got over 5 years ago, and, until now, didn't go back. But the picture of the Reuben on the TV made me decide to try them again. BIG MISTAKE!!! Where the TV picture shows multiple pieces of corned beef, what you get when you buy one is 1 slice. Even after adding the vegetables, you wind up with a sandwich that is essentially bread with a few additions. I don't plan to ever go back to Subway, but if I do, I plan to bring a picture of what they show on TV and tell them, "If it doesn't look like this, I don't want it."

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I had called and placed a order 2 cold cuts,1 BMT and a Club... All footlongs... I asked for the veggies on the side. I then asked the total I got online to get totals which I had said $25.30, she responded $25.29... Cool. With plenty of time I called again and asked if they would please cut them into Quarters. The person on the phone was short and rude when she responded, "Yeah, yeah I got it, any thing else?" I said no... I told them I will pick it up 6 or 630. I was running late 10 min maybe and they call. I said, "On my way out door." Went and got order, the lady that assisted me was upset that the lady who took my order should have charged me $11 for the veggie tray, but she told you a price, so I can't but it took me a hour to make it. I was very grateful for the tray. I was using a $25 gift card. Told her, "If I had 10 bucks I'd give you $5." Again she repeated it cost $11, she was like taking it out on me that her co-worker made a mistake.

I paid for my order. She gives me the tray and 2 bags which held the subs. After I get to the NYE party there was none of the condiment I had asked for. Later at the party I was talking about how I felt mistreated. She was really upset. I asked them to cut the subs in 4's, a friend spoke up and said I was in the store when you called and she was really upset that I asked them to cut your subs, she said to the other worker, "It was that lady. Now she wants us to cut the subs, I wonder what she will want next time." When my friend told me that I was Very disappointed. No really I was HIGHLY pissed...

I called the next day and spoke with the manager let him know I did not get the condiments. He said he saw them in the walk in. I also told him about how the one lady was rude and I explained to him how she respond and in front of customers! He said he would take care of it right away... Again the apologies were not present, I feel I was disrespected by the cashier with her remarks in front of customer. I just feel I needed to express how I felt.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Dry over proofed bread AGAIN - What is it Subway? Overproofing or not through water in the proofer because lately every bread I get is 12 inches thick, airy, dried out and crumbles apart. Can these employees not hear the buzzer on the proof box when the bread is ready for the oven or are they too involved with faces in their phones as I've seen.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Actually this is a two-fold or maybe three - fold. My husband was happy to see the Reuben so we were going to the store and decided to eat at Subway which is in the store. We ask for a Reuben and was told by the ONE employee they didn't have any Rye Bread. We were also told that it was the employees at night who didn't bake it off. Then when went again and ordered the special but was told the special was no longer valid. Although it expired on the day we were there. Now today we again was going to give it a try. Again only one employee at rush time (lunch). Said she was by herself. Really! As I was waiting for my sandwich I happened to look at the sneeze guard and could write my name in the dust. This has been the worst Subway I have ever been in. Out of Meat out of Coke out of Bread. Wow! Last visit there. Store # 52008-0 494 w I30 Royse City Texas 75189.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I asked for light mustard!! What I got was a steak and cheese dripping with mustard!! When I called to speak to manager she informed me that they had new people and I was to bring sandwich or receipt in or it wouldn't be replaced!! And I have 48 hours to do it!! I threw the sandwich in the trash!! I probably have the receipt in the car but I'm tired and mad! Also there's another Subway just down the street that will getting my business!!! I'm not a liar and never call to complain but I think all that mustard was a joke to them!! Guess what the jokes on you. I will be telling everyone what bad service you give!!!! No one should eat there. Who knows what else they're doing with your food!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Every time I go to Subway and order a sandwich I ask, “Is this fresh bread?” and she says yes and she's not very friendly neither. None of them in there are friendly not a one then I get home with my sandwich and the bread is stale and no good and you cannot eat it and I am sick of these girls telling me it's fresh bread when it is not. I am sick of Subway. They have the most unfriendliest people in there you can find. If you ask for fresh bread you want fresh bread not stale bread. By the way they do not deserve one star.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Went to Subway. The worker coughed in my face and all over the food. It paying attention bought the sub then trashed it out. 8 bucks. They said they would send the 8 in the mail. **. Then they called and said would leave gift cards. MORE **. All I got was sick for a week and medicine bills. Will never eat at Subway again and calling the health dept hoping they shut down the location.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My daughter and I went for lunch and ordered two 6 ft sandwiches at Centerpoint Mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The guy was making the sandwiches was putting half ingredients. He was supposed to put on each sandwich, he was supposed to put on. For example: two slices of cheese, because I asked for cheese, then I asked for spinach and he put two small leaves of spinach! and I asked for cucumber and he puts two slices of cucumber! and I gave up! It seemed he was on a really tight budget!!! I wish I could ask someone from the company to go undercover and find out what was going on with that location.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My Mom and I went to Subway on Guide Meridian in Lynden, WA. We wanted to use the coupons that Subway had in the Lynden newspaper that Wednesday November 1, 2017 but when we arrived at the Subway; it was quite busy but that was not a problem for us. Our problem was when after waiting for almost ten minutes we reached the counter only to be told very rudely that they didn't take the coupons and wouldn't be taking them. My question is why would Subway send them out if Subway wasn't taking them. We didn't stay and order food.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I contacted Subway corporate about my experience in stores located in the Freeport NY area; this was the reply from the store owner. This owner also has locations I Baldwin, and Merrick NY as well; so watch out. Of the following is how you deal with your customers; this shows how serious a problem exist with whom Subway would allow to own franchises, and how lax they are with Customers Service. The following is the reply from the store owner in regards to my complaint.

"I’ve tried to contact you on several occasions since this morning, seems like you don’t have ** to receive my calls. Your phone company is rejecting my calls. If you are jealous, that I own all the Subways in Freeport, I suggest that you go 3 towns down, because I also own Locations in Baldwin and Merrick. I’m a Franchisee for last 19 years, and I take care of my customers at the highest level possible. If you are related to one of my ex employees then have some ** and come out. I’ve asked the customer service department at Subway NOT to take calls from people who are NOT real customers of Subway. If you still think, you have a legit complain, I would love to fix my mistakes... Please provide me with your time of visit and your receipt #, and please have a legit phone number on your complain."

I never asked that this idiot contact me; nor do I want someone like this calling my phone. If this is how Subway teaches their franchisees to resolve issues and address customers. I don't want this matter resolved. I just won't ever eat at another Subway restaurant again, and I will encourage friends and family to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After 1.5 yrs of buying from this place I just had the worst customer experience ever. Unbelievable! 2nd time in a row the restaurant "claimed" they did not receive my online order. After showing receipt of purchase AND payment they still did not want to give me the sandwich as they said the order was probably canceled and refunded BUT it was not. The order was in the system and paid for. Not only they were rude but the attendant started cursing at me for no reason, with a minor (my son) in the car. I called CORP and they did have my order and everything was paid for ($8.14). So instead of checking their systems to look for my order number they decided it was a better choice to not give me the sandwich and CURSE at the customer. I will never be back there at Subway at 2701 Davie Blvd, that is for sure. They just lost 3 customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Last night we had the worst service we've ever had from a fast food restaurant. We ordered a few 6" subs and a couple of cups of soup. When we got home, we found that the cups of soup were only half full. The subs were all more than just skimpy with the meats. I called to complain and was simply told that the subs were all prepared "as usual", and that it was standard practice to only use "one ladle" full of soup per cup, which only fills them halfway. I asked to speak to the manager, but was told that he wouldn't be back in until the next day, at which point I said I'd call the manager the next day.

The manager, Rob, seemed actually reasonable and sympathetic. However, since he did not have the capability to reimburse us, he told us to call the franchise owner, Gary, to get a refund. When I finally got through to Gary, he was ANYTHING but reasonable. He insisted that there was NO way that we could have had such poor service at his store. It was obviously inconceivable for him. With one of the subs, the Autumn Turkey Carver, which appeared to have a single thin slice of turkey, he told us that they had run out of stock and had to supplement a regular carved slice of turkey with an additional thin deli slice. Even if this were true, it means that he is fully aware that they are not selling the exact product that Subway advertises. So, since they don't mention that to the customers, that is fraud right there.

He also kept insisting that he had spoken with my wife many times, dealing with complaints, in effect accusing her of being some sort of chronic complainer or swindler. Neither she nor I had ever spoken with him before, let alone call to complain about service at a Subway. There was no talk of any sort of reimbursement. He simple said that he'd "look at the tape" and deal with it. When asked if "dealing with it" meant calling us back as soon as possible to see about reimbursement, he balked. He ended up hanging up on us.

We've been going to this particular Subway for years and years. This is the first time we've had such a problem. As I understand it, this franchise owner is somewhat new to this particular Subway store. We liked it a LOT better before he took over! After being hung up on, I called back to let the owner know I would be posting the negative service story anywhere I could online... then I hung up on him! It is the last time we will buy from this Subway. And since we have no way of knowing which other Subways might be owned by this franchise owner, we'll use Quiznos from now on! I would have given this place zero stars, but that doesn't seem to be allowed.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Went in to get a 6" salad bowl, which is not too big for the price I paid, which cost $6.76. That sounds outrageous as the owner David Bombara will NOT permit discounts. I think it is sad because some of the careers people do in their life is sacrificed for people who are free to work anywhere here in the US. This owner needs to not be so greedy as other Subways will offer these discounts and they are gracious with it but NOT this owner at 9045 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV. Note: Your receipt is running out of ink maybe why owner don't want to pay for that. Could barely make out order #.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been a loyal Subway customer for years and I have been collecting points every time I purchase a sandwich. To my surprise, when points are not used to purchase a sandwich, they are arbitrarily taken back. I had accumulated a large number of points, with the intention of redeeming them over the summer while on vacation. I was shocked when Subway deducted 1000 points from my account because they had not been used. I consider this stealing from their customer. I earned these points. They are in my account, and Subway has no right to just deduct them without first notifying me. Subway could contact me via email to let me know that if points are not redeemed by a certain date, they will be deducted.

The fact of the matter is Subway contacts no one, they just deduct the points. This is theft. And Subway should be held accountable for all of the points they have stolen from their customers. To date I have lost over 1000 points. These are points that I earned buying their product. I should have been able to redeem them for food items for myself and family. I have contacted Subway twice about this issue, and each time I received an email stating that this was their policy. WELL THEIR POLICY STINKS. And I want everyone who patronizes Subway to know how they truly treat their customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hello all! First, I'd like it to be known that I take great pride in my manners, I am always polite - Please, thank you, and excuse me are natural responses whenever I am socializing with other individuals. I have noticed that when I am visiting the Subway in West Seattle, On Andover and Delridge, I am usually greeted with an attitude, my items get slammed around and my change is handed to me in a downright disrespectful way.

So today I decided to ask if there's an issue with me. No one responded, the cashier turned her back and continued to pretend to wipe the counter as they spoke to one another in Spanish. It is disappointing because there are not many other options for lunch in this area, and I am always friendly when I approach the employees there. I am not sure who I can contact- not sure if there's even be a resolution. So I vented- and I guess I will not go there again!! I cannot submit a receipt as a "verified buyer" because I was not given one. Thanks!

Subway Company Information