1.42/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

276 Subway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My Mom and I went to Subway on Guide Meridian in Lynden, WA. We wanted to use the coupons that Subway had in the Lynden newspaper that Wednesday November 1, 2017 but when we arrived at the Subway; it was quite busy but that was not a problem for us. Our problem was when after waiting for almost ten minutes we reached the counter only to be told very rudely that they didn't take the coupons and wouldn't be taking them. My question is why would Subway send them out if Subway wasn't taking them. We didn't stay and order food.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

When I contacted Subway corporate about my experience in stores located in the Freeport NY area; this was the reply from the store owner. This owner also has locations I Baldwin, and Merrick NY as well; so watch out. Of the following is how you deal with your customers; this shows how serious a problem exist with whom Subway would allow to own franchises, and how lax they are with Customers Service. The following is the reply from the store owner in regards to my complaint.

"I’ve tried to contact you on several occasions since this morning, seems like you don’t have ** to receive my calls. Your phone company is rejecting my calls. If you are jealous, that I own all the Subways in Freeport, I suggest that you go 3 towns down, because I also own Locations in Baldwin and Merrick. I’m a Franchisee for last 19 years, and I take care of my customers at the highest level possible. If you are related to one of my ex employees then have some ** and come out. I’ve asked the customer service department at Subway NOT to take calls from people who are NOT real customers of Subway. If you still think, you have a legit complain, I would love to fix my mistakes... Please provide me with your time of visit and your receipt #, and please have a legit phone number on your complain."

I never asked that this idiot contact me; nor do I want someone like this calling my phone. If this is how Subway teaches their franchisees to resolve issues and address customers. I don't want this matter resolved. I just won't ever eat at another Subway restaurant again, and I will encourage friends and family to do the same.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

After 1.5 yrs of buying from this place I just had the worst customer experience ever. Unbelievable! 2nd time in a row the restaurant "claimed" they did not receive my online order. After showing receipt of purchase AND payment they still did not want to give me the sandwich as they said the order was probably canceled and refunded BUT it was not. The order was in the system and paid for. Not only they were rude but the attendant started cursing at me for no reason, with a minor (my son) in the car. I called CORP and they did have my order and everything was paid for ($8.14). So instead of checking their systems to look for my order number they decided it was a better choice to not give me the sandwich and CURSE at the customer. I will never be back there at Subway at 2701 Davie Blvd, that is for sure. They just lost 3 customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Last night we had the worst service we've ever had from a fast food restaurant. We ordered a few 6" subs and a couple of cups of soup. When we got home, we found that the cups of soup were only half full. The subs were all more than just skimpy with the meats. I called to complain and was simply told that the subs were all prepared "as usual", and that it was standard practice to only use "one ladle" full of soup per cup, which only fills them halfway. I asked to speak to the manager, but was told that he wouldn't be back in until the next day, at which point I said I'd call the manager the next day.

The manager, Rob, seemed actually reasonable and sympathetic. However, since he did not have the capability to reimburse us, he told us to call the franchise owner, Gary, to get a refund. When I finally got through to Gary, he was ANYTHING but reasonable. He insisted that there was NO way that we could have had such poor service at his store. It was obviously inconceivable for him. With one of the subs, the Autumn Turkey Carver, which appeared to have a single thin slice of turkey, he told us that they had run out of stock and had to supplement a regular carved slice of turkey with an additional thin deli slice. Even if this were true, it means that he is fully aware that they are not selling the exact product that Subway advertises. So, since they don't mention that to the customers, that is fraud right there.

He also kept insisting that he had spoken with my wife many times, dealing with complaints, in effect accusing her of being some sort of chronic complainer or swindler. Neither she nor I had ever spoken with him before, let alone call to complain about service at a Subway. There was no talk of any sort of reimbursement. He simple said that he'd "look at the tape" and deal with it. When asked if "dealing with it" meant calling us back as soon as possible to see about reimbursement, he balked. He ended up hanging up on us.

We've been going to this particular Subway for years and years. This is the first time we've had such a problem. As I understand it, this franchise owner is somewhat new to this particular Subway store. We liked it a LOT better before he took over! After being hung up on, I called back to let the owner know I would be posting the negative service story anywhere I could online... then I hung up on him! It is the last time we will buy from this Subway. And since we have no way of knowing which other Subways might be owned by this franchise owner, we'll use Quiznos from now on! I would have given this place zero stars, but that doesn't seem to be allowed.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Went in to get a 6" salad bowl, which is not too big for the price I paid, which cost $6.76. That sounds outrageous as the owner David Bombara will NOT permit discounts. I think it is sad because some of the careers people do in their life is sacrificed for people who are free to work anywhere here in the US. This owner needs to not be so greedy as other Subways will offer these discounts and they are gracious with it but NOT this owner at 9045 S. Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV. Note: Your receipt is running out of ink maybe why owner don't want to pay for that. Could barely make out order #.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have been a loyal Subway customer for years and I have been collecting points every time I purchase a sandwich. To my surprise, when points are not used to purchase a sandwich, they are arbitrarily taken back. I had accumulated a large number of points, with the intention of redeeming them over the summer while on vacation. I was shocked when Subway deducted 1000 points from my account because they had not been used. I consider this stealing from their customer. I earned these points. They are in my account, and Subway has no right to just deduct them without first notifying me. Subway could contact me via email to let me know that if points are not redeemed by a certain date, they will be deducted.

The fact of the matter is Subway contacts no one, they just deduct the points. This is theft. And Subway should be held accountable for all of the points they have stolen from their customers. To date I have lost over 1000 points. These are points that I earned buying their product. I should have been able to redeem them for food items for myself and family. I have contacted Subway twice about this issue, and each time I received an email stating that this was their policy. WELL THEIR POLICY STINKS. And I want everyone who patronizes Subway to know how they truly treat their customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Hello all! First, I'd like it to be known that I take great pride in my manners, I am always polite - Please, thank you, and excuse me are natural responses whenever I am socializing with other individuals. I have noticed that when I am visiting the Subway in West Seattle, On Andover and Delridge, I am usually greeted with an attitude, my items get slammed around and my change is handed to me in a downright disrespectful way.

So today I decided to ask if there's an issue with me. No one responded, the cashier turned her back and continued to pretend to wipe the counter as they spoke to one another in Spanish. It is disappointing because there are not many other options for lunch in this area, and I am always friendly when I approach the employees there. I am not sure who I can contact- not sure if there's even be a resolution. So I vented- and I guess I will not go there again!! I cannot submit a receipt as a "verified buyer" because I was not given one. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I decided to go to Subway for dinner tonight. Because I was tired of eating cups of noodles and had enough for a typical sub. My favorite is a turkey sub with roast beef and lots of veggies. I order it my way. The person does this. I decide to spring for the meal. $14 for this sub! I honestly only got turkey, roast beef, and veggies, smallest bag of chips ever and a small drink. $14!!! I could have gone to Jersey Mike's and got a large sub (about twice as big as Subway's) for the same price.

I also could have gone to my local Thai food shop and paid half as much for twice as much. Worst about it, was when I complained about it at the register, the person behind it told me it was because I ordered a custom sub. Whereas if I had ordered one of their signature subs (most with a lot more going on than what I asked for) it would have been between $4-5 cheaper. What sense does that make!? I am locked in to ordering one of their signature subs and if I don't I am charged more? Needless to say, I will never eat at Subway again. Jersey Mike's all the way. Way fresher ingredients. Much nicer staff. And they won't bend you over at the counter for a cheap sub that should have costed $9 at most but instead charge you $14 and say "well deal with it". Boycotting Subway now.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I went to the Subway at the local mall. The food was good and the receipt had a coupon for a free cookie. I went back to that Subway looking forward to eating a meal complete with dessert. When I presented the Subway coupon to the cashier, she said that Subway would not honor the coupon. I was hungry so I paid for the food that was already prepared, but that is the last time I will ever eat the Subway unless it changes its ways.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I go to store on 9188 Plainfield Rd, Blue Ash, OH 45236, for the last three week I have came in the store on a Saturday and it's only one person working and she has a line. So I spend most of my lunch staying there waiting to be serve. I have talk to the manager more than once and the young lady is still working alone. I get 30 min for lunch. I shouldn't spend 20 min in the line.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I went to Subway on 19th ave N for lunch and I had a BOGO with purchase of any drink coupon. I ordered one black forest ham footlong, and a subway club foot long, both were 5.99/each on the menu. But when I checked out, I was told it was about 11 dollar with the coupon, I wasn't expecting such a high price since the sub was only 5.99 and a drink should be around one dollar. I asked why, the cashier told me she did not know why, I just need to pay whatever amount the computer says. I told her to explain why I needed to pay that much. Then she got lady A who was in her late 40s or early 50s. She said, "because Subway Club was a special offer, your coupon could not work for that."

Well, I told them that there is no place saying that and plus I showed them the coupon even before I order and was only told that the coupon will not work for steak and cheese sub, but no one told me that it did not work for Subway Club either. I will not get the Subway Club if it's more expensive, and I want two black forest ham instead. Then lady A said "Ok, you can if you want," and then she left. For half a minute, the cashier did not know what to do but then she asked me to pay for the price of one black forest ham and one drink and put the two subs in front of me. I thought they probably realized it's their fault and just let me go. Plus, if I go and get a new sub, they probably have problem reselling this already made one. So I took the two subs and sat down to eat.

Ten minutes later, When I was about to finish half of my sub, lady A came up to my table, without even saying a hi, grabbed one of the subs (without even knowing which is ham one and which is Subway Club) from my table and raised her voice and said to me, "You took someone else's sub, you did not pay for it!" Her voice was so loud that everyone there began to look at me like a thief! I said that I paid for it. She said, "No you did not, you paid only for one black forest ham." I said, "Yes, but I have a BOGO coupon, I can get there other one for free." She said, "Fine, then go and wait in the line to get another black forest ham sub (there was a long line)," then she throw that sub she took from my table to the trash and left.

I was shocked! This is how Subway treat their customers, they would throw your sub to trash than let you eat it, even if this means they also need to suffer (a sub), they just want to humiliate their customers. So better be careful, do not let them be unhappy! Pictures are attached, the sub that thrown to trash by her.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I bit into a sub and pulled out something disgusting and chewy. It made me sick for three days. I emailed the company, jumped through their hoops, and they did NOTHING. Clearly never eating there again. What a terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like this place for its fresh bread, its menu selections, price of selections. It is convenient when I shop. It is clean, good customer service, also the veggies that go on the sandwich are fresh too.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

A Subway employee yelled at me and refused to accept a coupon from Subway.com. The corporate complaint number did nothing about her verbal abuse, assault, and refusal to accept a legitimate coupon from the Corporation itself. No action was taken on behalf of Subway or the owner of the franchise on Market View Drive in Champaign, IL! I have had to go to counseling to undo the damage that this individual caused. Yet the owner and Corporation itself still have done nothing!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

By this means I would like to inform you the nightmare experienced that begins the day 8/5/2017 at approximately 1:50 pm. Approx. A horrible experience, regrettable, vicious and extremely embarrassing that we had to pass in front of our children and family in the Subway restaurant with the address 7780 Lake Underhill Road Suite 106 Orlando, FL 32822. We went to one of our favorite restaurants Subway since it was located in front of the hospital where our mother was hospitalized. Taking advantage of the fact that we had arrived offerings through text messages from the subscriptions of Subway (Official page) We decided to redeem them and use it before expired on 08/08/2017.

To show them the offers that we receive through text messages of the Subway restaurant, the manager never took the time to check the information. In fact she said: "They are false and we're not going to receive here," with the attitude arrogant, provocative and aggressive. The manager ** at no time wanted to cross word directly with us, was felt through signs intimidating with a tone rude and aggressive. Even asking her to please look for a second my cell and see that are not false, she treat us as liars without having look at it, corroborated the offers we have recently received. For us this is a traumatic experience and quite disgraceful, both for me and for my family. There we were marginalized, we humiliated in front of customers, we were made to feel discriminated against and very uncomfortable.

We were disappointed by the service so frightening that we receive in that local already that I know is not the service that we are used to receive. When I said that we were going to call corporate in search of answers and solutions to the situation. We went to the outside of the Subway restaurant trying to contact some district manager, we also try to call without any success to Ms. Vicki ** the number **. The employed subway (Manager **, used cashier **) to see that we were in search of answers through phone calls. The manager had called 911 to our surprise, the sheriff arrived it reaches us about and tells us that he is investigating an assault, a trespassing and a crime scene. We were in shock, the officer tells us that we had to enter the Subway restaurant without any foundations to our understanding.

My kids were nervous, anxious, my family was nervous, my sister patient of cancer she was super nervous, starts to cry questioning the officer that why? What was happening? My sister tells the police there's nothing has happened. Only wanted to redeem the offers of subway and the manager ** told us that no. The sheriff tells us that they (employed Subway) called 911 doing some allegations, then when the journal The confronter, informs us that them the manager ** and the employee ** accepted that the allegations that they did on the call of 911 were false testimony and contradictory.

He tells them to those employed in the Subway that our family requested see the cameras and all that had happen to discard the allegations, that those employed in the Subway did. The officer tells us that the employed Subway end up accepting that this was a lie which had argued when they made the call 911. Not satisfied with that, we seems more unfair even that the police have given us a trespassing warning for life?? We are still in shock! An injustice has been committed. We demand justice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

She told me the restrooms were for customers only and I explained that I was and she replied, “Not today you’re not.” So I took her picture and went to another Subway restaurant at the Mercado Shopping Center. Bought the sandwich of the day. Went back to the first Subway restaurant on El Camino and Bowers in Santa Clara California and showed my receipt to the cashier and she said the manager or owner was not there and she refused to help me. The first young lady was gone by 3pm and another young lady who I spoke to in Spanish was very racial with me, and rude. Called me an ** in Spanish!!!

I’m clean cut and am not a street person. I’m clean shaven with short freshly cut hair. Why was I harassed in the first place just for taking a leak in the restroom. I always patronize Subway restaurants at least once a week. I’m 57 years old and **. Both the young ladies were Hispanic. My wife is from Mexico and we have been married for 30 years. So there’s no way I’m a racist. If there is any Lawyers out there please call me at **. My feelings are hurt. I’m not sure why!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My friend and I went to the Subway at 1009 Narragansett Blvd in Cranston. The server ** was incredibly rude, unprofessional and dirty. While waiting on us, he waited on another client and he didn't change his gloves. Horrible experience and won't be back.

Original review: July 23, 2017

They are the worst, first choose your hero bread that is only part good, then they put 4 small 1/2 slices of roastbeef, 4 small 1/2 slices of black forest ham, 4 small 1/2 slices of your choice cheese, toppings of choice. SUCKS. FOR A FOOT LONG DON'T EXPECT A BIG SANDWICH. THEY SUCK BIG TIME. Starrett City, Brooklyn, 11239. I would never go back.

Original review: July 15, 2017

First off I ordered an Italian sub and the dude pulls out a flatbread so I reminded him and by the end he was charging me 19.86$ for a meal and I again had to remind the guy it's a meal DEAL so I finally got it down to regular 11.26.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Subway Food Poisoning - Hubby on the road, alone. Ate at Subway at a gas station store in Manhattan, Montana yesterday. Got sick last night with fever, chills, vomiting. Severe chills - so bad he considered calling front desk for medical help. Body is sore today from shaking so bad last night. Still feeling poor. Has to drive home and isn't really up to it. Turkey sandwich with jalapenos and said the jalapenos tasted funky. Subway should be closed down, this happens far too often.

Original review: July 7, 2017

** works at the subway at 101 E Town St Columbus Ohio 43215. I have been going to that Subway for the last 5 years and she has always showed common courtesy every single time I have been in there. I have 40 co-worker who frequent that subway daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and always has had a good outcome. I was there a few days ago, and it was a customer who was at the wrong end of the line and complained that he wasn't next. Well how would anyone know he was next if you already at the register. ** handled the situation very well and ask the customer what he wanted to order and he stated "what is you $6 daily special." It was Tuna... he said ok. ** proceeded to make a foot long tuna sub. He watch her, then when he got to the register he said he only wanted a 6' so she gave him what he ordered and said he was gong to call corporate on her. Because he wanted a foot long for the price of a 6'. I hope ** does not get in any trouble because of his complaint ** handle him with respect and no other way.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Just today our daughter's class got Subway and there was a shortage on tomato. Many children explained they didn't get what they wanted in their Sub. I am very disappointed of this waste of money. This has happened many years so I hope Subway can be more organised with their ordering. This was a waste of money!!??

Original review: June 23, 2017

On 6/22/17 we ordered 2 Subs online at the Burnt Hills, NY Subway. When I went to pick the order up I noticed they did not credit us with the coupon (2 for $12. I suggested they credit the credit card (which they took with no problem) or give us a gift card (which would have ensured we go back, they claimed because the order was placed online. The only people that could fix it was corporate. Rather than argue I agreed to call corporate who claimed the restaurant was the only people that could fix it! 18 hours later and nobody has bothered to attempt to fix this.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I purchased a half chicken teriyaki sub and it was awful. No chicken and no taste at all. After a few bites I threw it away. I do not see how this company can stay in business with the false advertising on their products. The pictures the post are not what you get from the store. The subs are bad. I will never go to a subway again.

Original review: June 16, 2017

When I went in she was very rude and seemed like she didn't want to be there. When she was talking to me and her co-workers, she had an attitude. She also complained about the lettuce being on the counter and said "We really need to learn how to keep this clean." When I ordered my sandwich I said I wanted a 6" on wheat and only the bacon heated. She gave me a glare and asked 6" or foot long. And then again she asked if I wanted it toasted and I said no I told you I wanted just the bacon heated. She was just very rude. Her name was KANDI. I would highly suggest that if she doesn't want to be working not to have her there. I work in the customer service industry and with her attitude today, I will not be recommending anyone to go there. Please follow up!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Okay. The first time I was charged twice for one bottled Coke. I called Subway and they noticed it, and apologized, and that was that. I went back up there a few days later, the manager apologized, and gave me a free sandwich. Cool. The second time the manager tore the top of my sandwich off, so I requested a new sandwich, he became upset with me, (maybe I hurt his pride) and refused to make me another one saying that they would all do the same thing. I offered to buy the one that he broke, but he wouldn't let me, and gave it to me for free. He gave me Hell about it nonetheless. Even though I was trying to pay for it.

Jump to a few weeks later, I go up there and "the system is down and it'll take an hour to come back on" so I left and got Sonic. A few days later a friend of mine, and myself go up there for lunch. The manager, again tells us both that, "the system is down for a few hours" even though he just served people. We left and got Sonic.

Jump to today. I go by myself. "Can I help you, sir?" "Yes, I'd like a..." (interrupted by the manager) "Sorry, sir. The system is down for a few hours". And this is after I just watched a man buy his food. I asked the gentlemen if he had a problem ordering. He said no. I told him this was the third within a week, maybe a week and a half that he's told me, "the system is down" and frankly I think it's completely **. The customer left with his food. I got on the phone with Subway waiting for someone to answer my call. The manager told me to leave his store because he wasn't serving me. I told him I wasn't going to have a conversation with him about it, that I was on the phone with Subway waiting. He told me he was going to call the cops. I said go ahead. He did.

The cops came, didn't really listen to a word I said. Escorted me out of the store, "before there was a problem" and told me to leave. I asked why he wasn't going to serve me, they basically told me to stop asking questions and go away. So, in order to avoid jail time, I left. Now, Subway doesn't really see what he did wrong. But I guess I'll wait for, "someone to contact me about the matter further." I was never offered an apology while I was on the phone with Subway. Even after I told them everything that happened.

I've always gone to my local Subway, and I've never had a problem until this manager started refusing my service because they overcharged me, and I called about it. And the fact that me, a paying customer wants his sandwich made right. And if it's not, I always, very politely ask them to make it again. I'm not being unreasonable. I'm not causing trouble, as he accused me of. I'm only exercising my rights as a paying customer. I've never raised my voice. I've never cursed anyone. I've never made a scene. And I have my family, and friends that have accompanied me many, many times to prove that.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I visited two Subways in one day due to the clerks behind the counter with beards making sandwiches but not wearing beard guards. I would not order based on that and left. I don't normally write reviews but in this case I contacted Subway via online. They were prompt to respond via email and asked me for the locations. The next thing I know I received a voicemail from the owner of Subway. Granted she was very nice in the message she left me but I'm not very pleased with Subway for forwarding my personal information. Yes, I know I typed it in on their site but for certain I did not want them to share it.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Dear Subway, why you guys absolutely SUCK these days: I used to be able to enjoy ordering a sandwich at Subway, but lately, I am astonished at the fact you people have actually gone out of your way to destroy customer value. First it was the cheese. Okay, I like Swiss cheese. But you dropped Swiss cheese so the closest thing I could replace it was provolone. What the ** is provolone? Screw that crap, I want Swiss cheese! Oh, okay well let's get up on our high hat and from now on I'll stick my chin out and say pro-vo-lone cheese, please. How ** stupid.

So, okay you first screwed me on your cheese. Fine, cheese is cheese. Then comes the bread. The one Goddamned bread I liked from your sorry ass company was Honey Oat bread! I know I'm not the only one because when you stopped making that bread I wasn't the only one in line that lamented the fact this one good bread that you had... was gone! EVERYONE wanted this bread! But you dropped it. Now why in the hell did you get rid of Honey Oat bread? What the ** is the matter with you?

So, okay... I can't get the simple cheese I want anymore from Subway, and I can't get the best bread you ever had from Subway... now what? Oh wow, you've just offered carved turkey meat! Well, that tides me over for as long as you allow this treat to be available. Today, strike three!!! YOU are OUT!... I learn carved turkey is no longer an option.

So there you have it folks. Subway gets my gold-star award for the only company I know of to discontinue anything that they have to offer that is of value which I liked. They actually went out of their way to piss me off as a customer. "Oh? You like this? Well, ** you. We stopped that. Oh you like that? Well go screw yourself we discontinued that. You had your mind set on this? Oh no... we don't do that anymore..."

Maybe your host Jared wasn't such a bad choice after all for your company. Both you and him take advantage of people. Both you and him have the same exact mindset which says that you are Number One and all of rest of us are just a commodity. We're not your customers, we're nothing to you, Subway. Three strikes and now YOU are out! I'll make my own sandwiches at home, thank you. And thank you, Subway, for nothing! You SUCK.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Veneta, OR Subway. Every time we place an online order it is ready for us! We always know when Anareah makes our sandwiches! They are consistently wrapped nicely and made clean and easy to eat. She has also never missed an ingredient! We have not had great service at this location until she started working! Thank you Anareah!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Went to go shopping at Meijer North Muskegon and was attacked by three workers at the subway in the front. It was my husband and I. Went to go to the Meijer deli and look over and a girl that works for Wesco who had my husband banned for a year from Wesco because they were getting mad because he kept winning on the lottery, so when he went to go cash a ($30) winner they handed it back and said they couldn't cash it. He couldn't understand why so Wesco banned him. Then she's working at Subway and harasses us. Meijers is also making a complaint.

Subway Company Information