Subway

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dear Subway, why you guys absolutely SUCK these days: I used to be able to enjoy ordering a sandwich at Subway, but lately, I am astonished at the fact you people have actually gone out of your way to destroy customer value. First it was the cheese. Okay, I like Swiss cheese. But you dropped Swiss cheese so the closest thing I could replace it was provolone. What the ** is provolone? Screw that crap, I want Swiss cheese! Oh, okay well let's get up on our high hat and from now on I'll stick my chin out and say pro-vo-lone cheese, please. How ** stupid.

So, okay you first screwed me on your cheese. Fine, cheese is cheese. Then comes the bread. The one Goddamned bread I liked from your sorry ass company was Honey Oat bread! I know I'm not the only one because when you stopped making that bread I wasn't the only one in line that lamented the fact this one good bread that you had... was gone! EVERYONE wanted this bread! But you dropped it. Now why in the hell did you get rid of Honey Oat bread? What the ** is the matter with you?

So, okay... I can't get the simple cheese I want anymore from Subway, and I can't get the best bread you ever had from Subway... now what? Oh wow, you've just offered carved turkey meat! Well, that tides me over for as long as you allow this treat to be available. Today, strike three!!! YOU are OUT!... I learn carved turkey is no longer an option.

So there you have it folks. Subway gets my gold-star award for the only company I know of to discontinue anything that they have to offer that is of value which I liked. They actually went out of their way to piss me off as a customer. "Oh? You like this? Well, ** you. We stopped that. Oh you like that? Well go screw yourself we discontinued that. You had your mind set on this? Oh no... we don't do that anymore..."

Maybe your host Jared wasn't such a bad choice after all for your company. Both you and him take advantage of people. Both you and him have the same exact mindset which says that you are Number One and all of rest of us are just a commodity. We're not your customers, we're nothing to you, Subway. Three strikes and now YOU are out! I'll make my own sandwiches at home, thank you. And thank you, Subway, for nothing! You SUCK.

Veneta, OR Subway. Every time we place an online order it is ready for us! We always know when Anareah makes our sandwiches! They are consistently wrapped nicely and made clean and easy to eat. She has also never missed an ingredient! We have not had great service at this location until she started working! Thank you Anareah!

Went to go shopping at Meijer North Muskegon and was attacked by three workers at the subway in the front. It was my husband and I. Went to go to the Meijer deli and look over and a girl that works for Wesco who had my husband banned for a year from Wesco because they were getting mad because he kept winning on the lottery, so when he went to go cash a ($30) winner they handed it back and said they couldn't cash it. He couldn't understand why so Wesco banned him. Then she's working at Subway and harasses us. Meijers is also making a complaint.

I was having dinner with my family at Walmart Subway and my mentally-challenged aunt popped a paper bag and the lady that was working yelled at her like a child, pointing at her for five minutes. She said she was in the military and she has PTSD and "you don't do that in public". She was very rude about it. My aunt apologized to her. She kept giving us dirty looks and was rude the entire time we were there because they were closing in half an hour. She was slowly vacuuming right beside us, which was very loud and rude by the way. I will not be dining at the Subway in Millersburg, Ohio at Walmart ever again.

Placed an order online. BIG MISTAKE since you have to pay right then. After messing up my order, the staff person made an attempt to remedy the issue. "Frankie" the manager overruled her attempts saying they "did nothing wrong," and made no effort to make things better. Management is Horrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

I just came back to work after returning the cold cut combo I purchased from the Subway Sandwich at 8th & E Streets SE. on Barracks Row in Washington, DC. The bread was so hard (stale). I thought Subway baked their bread daily. This has happened to me several times. No wonder they always want to toast it, which I don't allow. I get tired of asking the employees if I can feel the bread to see if it's fresh. Is Subway trying to save money? Very disappointed.

I ordered catering from the Subway on Richmond street west a few months ago and I was SO impressed. Everything was exactly what we ordered and on time with wonderful presentation. The second time we ordered catering (2017/02/21) blew us out of the water. We had a different company set up to cater us and they completely bailed. It was 20 minutes until lunch was supposed to be served and we had nothing. I called Inoka and she stopped absolutely everything to make our catering order as fast as she could. Inoka and her team created 4 platters of sandwiches and 24 cookies in 20 minutes. Inoka is the perfect example of fantastic customer service and we really hope this email will result in a recognition of her outstanding work. Thank you!

We have a local Subway store a few block from our residence and for years it was the best and greatest place for their sandwiches, it was a clean and well kept store but in the last year or so the store changed to a new franchise owner that has made not only me and my family but many in the neighborhood stop going there because of the place being dirty and un-sanitary. So now we have to drive 3 miles away to get a good subway sandwich.

We have witnessed on various occasions veggies (lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, etc) spilled off the sandwich on to the counter and scraped off the counter and put back in the container. On one occasion we watched a lady ahead of us have the wrong cheese put on the sandwich and then took the cheese off the sandwich wiped it off and put it back in the cheese container. We had once made a complaint on subway's website and expected to hear from someone at subway corporate but instead got a call from the franchise owner who told me that if we didn't like their food to never come back. All I can say is we are very dissapointed in subway for allowing a store to be run this way. Again we will continue to buy subway sandwiches now having driving miles away but never from this Kentwood store.

I went to the drive thru. They took my order. I order 2 foot long combos, they give me tuna. The drinks hiC, it was color water and they took forever. They aren't cheap for this kind of service. Never going back and not recommending it.

Subway Store # 30102-0: There was no regular Italian bread. The employee Bryan was sitting talking to another guy. My nephew and niece got yelled at by Bryan the employee. My brother was denied mayo on his sandwich. The employee was yelling at children. This establishment had no food that we wanted. The employee has only great service he kept talking to all night.

Although the daily special seems like a deal, it is not, because the owners, specially the **, put half of the salad stuff in the sandwich, saving huge amount by the end of the day. If you buy a foot-long sandwich, they will put five or six olives and a few of onion pieces (because these items are expensive). Customers either don't understand this or just ignore. The company should investigate this scam and stop giving franchises to cheaters. (Most of Subway owners are **.) I have similar experience at different locations. You will never experience such things at Tim Hortons or McDonald's.

Subway Bloomingdale Square Brandon Florida. Unhappy employees working there. They are rude. Subway at Bloomingdale Square is terrible place to buy sub. Employees work with ugly faces, they do not smile. I was there today Friday January 20th at 12:15 PM, and I was treated badly by a employee. On this place, employee are very rude with the customers. Nobody says "welcome to Subway" and nobody thanks you. They are very unhappy faces, very rude people. I have many other places to buy a subs, I will not be back in the Subway at Bloomingdale Square. Intersection with Bloomingdale Ave and Bell Shoals in Brandon.

Went to Subway with my grandson. Bought him a small 6 inch meal. It showed $4.75 in big writing thinking it was that price for a meal with a drink and cookies. When I had to pay the price they charged me $11.75. I couldn't believe it. Subway Highpoint Shopping Centre.

I will keep this short, the Subway on Lander Ave. in Turlock, CA. took my drivers license as collateral until I returned with the payment for the sandwich. I returned the very next morning and they lost drivers license! Now they will not reimburse me for the cost of my drivers license! And they were very rude about it and hung up on me!

Went there the other day the one 41 S Lee Street, Unit 5, Labelle, FL 33935, USA. 863-675-4003 ok. So we don't have to drive 40 minutes for a different sandwich shop. I asked before I ordered "did the Reuben sandwich be included in 6 dollar footlong." The lady said yes. I also ordered a tuna footlong. When I asked for fixings on the Reuben the lady said "we do not put anything on it."

First all hardly no sauerkraut. There regular amount of cheese. When I got to register 9.00 for a nothing sandwich and 6.00 (reg. 7.00) for the tuna. Had I known it was not going to be taken off I would have purchased the order separate. Worst sandwich ever. I can for 9.00 go anywhere else and get a full sandwich and the girl said "sorry that is the way it is." If a customer wants something on their sandwich regardless of what it is they should get it. They do for the meatball sandwich. I refuse to go back again unless the owner does something. We live in a small town with limited sandwich place.

I came yesterday around 10:30 am with a couple of friends. This is the first time of my friends in US. Actually they were in a scale of their trip to New York. Sadly their first experience with an US service attendance was at this Subway store # 29365-0 in Sawgrass Mills Mall Sunrise FL, with Geanine. "OMG", as she repeatedly said while we were deciding the bread we wanted. She was so upset. Her attitude was so horrible. She was complaining, making faces, like she was hating us for a reason that I still don't understand, and I was so embarrassed with my friends.

I was translating to them about the different kind of bread. When we chose one, Geanine in a rude way said she doesn't have that one, so, I asked her which ones she has, and then she again in a very aggressive way said all except that one, and she keep her bad attitude, to the point that I have to told her that I didn't want her to serve us. I'll wait for the other lady that was busy when we arrived to serve us. She looked very surprise but I told her that I didn't like her at all and that she was acting weird. And then not happy with that, she starting to laughing at us while we're waiting for the other lady.

After I confronted her about her laughing she went inside for a couple of minutes. Thanks God the other lady was nice and serve us how it has to be with RESPECT! Because this Geanine really has a behavioral problem and now, I found similar reviews, so, looks like isn't the first time she acted like that. What a shame. She needs to be working in another kind of environment. Maybe alone.

Now it comes the worst part. I came back to the same Subway and I noticed that Geanine wasn't there. I found the other lady that served us and I asked her for the manager, because I feel that I need it to submit a formal complaint about our awful experience and surprisingly Geanine is the GM General Manager of both of the Subways in the Sawgrass Mills. I was like what?? Are you kidding me?? Who hired a crazy, aggressive and rude person to be a manager of a business that serve people? I can't imagine how she should treat her employees if she treated us like garbage yesterday. Us, her clients.

This is terrible and I hope, you the corporate office and the owner of these businesses read this complaint and do something about it because isn't fair with the public to be treat in the way Geanine treated us. It felt like DISCRIMINATION. You can check the cameras. Hope they have microphones so, you can have probes of what I'm saying, or better send someone to check by himself. Send someone that look Latin and that doesn't speak good English and you'll see how bad she is. Imagine, people from over the world goes to this Sawgrass Mills mall to shopping, and, if she treat all of them without any patience and charisma, I really feel bad for them. Not many will do what I did to stand up and confronted her. She can convert a nice day to a nightmare and people didn't deserved that. I'll never come back to that Subway if she is around. She's scary.

Ordered online and when I arrived to pick up meal they said they could not connect to the host. I paid cash then found they also charged my card so I had to contact 8 different people and 3 top managerial positions to get my refund. I will never be back. I am going to the store today. This will be my 4th time. They said they will give me the refund after they were told to do so.

Today I bought my first Subway Reuben. As a sandwich, it was good. It is not a Reuben: No mustard; almost no sauerkraut. Is it true that Subway no longer uses Honey-Oat Bread? Does subway use Rye Bread? The Subway store I visited today is: Address: 882 W Hamilton Ave, Campbell, CA 95008. I live in Cupertino, CA 95014. The address of the Subway store there is: 21682 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014. I have stopped dealing with this Subway because the ingredients (chicken, etc) are not fresh. I suspect they do not have much business.

The corned beef Reuben subs are a major disappointment. We ordered two on 11/28/16 at Subway #19546, a 6-inch and a footlong. Neither looked like a Reuben. Didn't taste like a Reuben either. Minimal meat, almost no sauerkraut. Bread was dry. Would not recommend buying a Reuben at Subway.

My fiance and I went to Subway on Hwy 216 McCalla, AL. He gets off at midnight and we usually eat early in the morning. It's close by and we are regulars. We are in the process of moving so we have no oven or microwave at the moment. We go to Subway on 11-23-16 at 3:15am. The service was great and the young lady working was awesome. One thing, we couldn't get our sandwiches heated or toasted. Wanted a warm sandwich on a cold day. Get a new oven. We will not be back. This is ridiculous. It will not happen again. The poor girl working can't hardly get any good tips because of this. You are losing guest as well as employees losing money. Get the oven working. Very disappointed. Since I wrote this, now the owner will probably take it out on the employee. I've worked in restaurants, I know how it works. Get a new oven and do not blame the girl working, she was great. Very disappointed.

The lady behind counter (older woman) was rude to my wife and myself. Acted like she didn't want to wait on us. Ask for cream for coffee, her reply was, I have three and "that's all you get." Rude, Rude, Rude. And by the way did I say she was Rude? BAD EXPERIENCE.

I walked in to a man, **, putting away trays last night. No greeting. The store was empty. As I made my way up closer to order, without looking up he says, "I'll be with you in a moment." As a former subway employee myself I knew that it wouldn't take long to finish what he was doing. So I responded with an "Ok, thanks." I was wrong. After putting trays away and organizing the remaining bread he began cleaning and wiping off the area. 5 mins pass. Still no acknowledgement. A lady appears from the back and begins shifting thru things to put away. NOTHING. Ten minutes in, still hasn't said a word or even looked up; how rude and unprofessional. I ask a ludicrous question to try to make sense of what was going on. "Are you guys still open?" Finally looking up he says, "Yes. We are open. But we have had a busy day and I need to clean."

With no hurry in his process of doing so, I wait. And wait. And wait. It shouldn't take a grown human being more than a minute to clean up some crumbs from under a board. The lady has been back and forth constantly without ever saying anything. Disgusted, I walk out. Couldn't get out quick enough before it started mumbling under his voice. Suffered thru the urge of turning around and responding but it didn't deserve the acknowledgement. Instead I decided focusing my energy on leaving a review to warn everyone else to not spend their money there. Doubt people would actively look for such sour service to gladly support. Ironically, as I came to leave a review, I see what seems to be ** himself leaving a review stating that he's the new owner. What a shame. Busy days happen, it's part of the job. Especially when there are promos going. If you were still open your duty was to serve not clean. You failed.

Also spraying the counter top inches away from uncovered food is going to get someone poisoned. Nice going. ("I am the new owner of this store. I know that in the past you might have had a not so good experience. But I guarantee you that you will have a great experience at this Subway.") Location: College Plaza Shopping Center, 8595 College Pkwy #380, Fort Myers, FL 33907.

So I have been to this Subway a few times (it's by a CVS, McDonalds, and a Baskin Robbins here in Modesto, CA). New employees have been hired. They have great attitudes, extremely friendly, and very helpful. The managing sucks though. I'm not racist but the Indian lady is very rude to both her employees and customers. I feel bad for the employees because she yells at them to do one thing then gets mad and yells at the to help out, when obviously they are only doing what she asked of them. Not only that but this Halloween I went in around 6 or 7 pm and these two very young girls were working. I asked them if they even had any customers, they said only about 2 or 3! Do you believe that!? And they closed at 9. Wouldn't it cost more to keep the store open though on that kind of slow night?!

It made me think of my own kids and when they get older and have a job; I hope it's not a job with management like that! I wouldn't want my daughter or son working on a time that is meant for Family! I wonder if they even get Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's off! I think Corporation should look into this Subway! Like I said the employees are great but the management sucks! I felt so bad for these girls! I wonder how their parents feel! I wouldn't blame anyone who tries looking for another job that gives Holidays off! Just some things are not right!

I used to go to Subway all of the time until a couple of years ago I noticed less meat on the sandwich and not even close to the picture depicted on the menu, I've been back a couple of times just to see if they have started to put more meat on them but they haven't. They should really changed the pictures of the sandwiches to match what they serve you, I just walked out the last time I was there after seeing them do the same thing again, I will never be back, Go to Firehouse Subs that's a company with integrity.

This particular Subway continues to provide terrible customer service. A young female working this evening made a comment under her breath once a customer said she put too much southwest chipotle. This is not acceptable. When I asked her name she refused, when I asked the MOD on duty he refused as well. I told them I was going to write corporate, I used no foul language nor raised my voice. He then states he would not give his name, he then tells me he seen no issue with how she was acting. Saying "If you don't like it deal with it" when a customer says that's a lot of sauce is not acceptable. He told me he had the right to refuse service at any point in time! He snatches the sandwich and tosses it! As I stated to him her attitude seems like she doesn't want to be here so she shouldn't be. I have never been refused service because I wanted to voice my opinion.

I am asking that you review your cameras and hope that audio is available to hear and see this interaction. I under no circumstance should be denied a first name if I want to complain about what I see! Secondly no one there had on name tags or I wouldn't have asked! I will not and I do mean will not do business with an establishment whom allows this type of behavior. The manager on duty refusing to give his name?!? Saying "Well I'm not going to give you my name either." If he had no problem with it, that's fine but again her comment about the previous customer was unacceptable, period.

I was not unreasonable. I wanted to make sure that since she didn't provide her name I would use the MOD on duty as reference for my complaint. Refusing service to someone whom is not being abusive is not OK. More importantly, I drove to the next Subway and still received my meal. Again I was not abusive, disrespectful, yelling or using foul language. Refusing service because I want to complain, he said that was the reason.

I feel a very good employee was lost due to poor management and favoritism. This continues to be overlooked and brushed under the rug at the Glenville, WV Subway. It's a sad sad situation when you have a regular employee treating the other co-workers like crap through intimidation and bullying just because he is dating the manager's' daughter. On a personal level I feel the area mgr. is a decent person. On a business level it's a sad situation when she lets a college employee intimidate and bully workers so much they quit just because he is dating the area mgr. daughter. My wife quit recently because of this and has the text msgs he sent to her. The area mgr. was aware and did nothing.

What a black eye for Subway. Anytime the area mgr., the boyfriend, daughter or niece is questioned your hours are cut and it's blamed on work ethic. My wife started in March 2016 and in that time a mgr. was demoted and 6 people have come and gone in a 6 month period. The only people that seem to have above 10 hours and stay is family. I hope things eventually change for the sake of Glenville, WV. People chatter in this small town and the word is already getting around. Awesome food. Piss poor management.

I just want to say that I had a Great Experience at the Subway restaurant located at: 289 South Atlantic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90022. I went into their location back on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 and was greeted by ** who went out of her way to take care of me as her customer. I personally want to thank her for ALL of her efforts in listening to me and satisfying my needs. I more than highly recommend her to anyone seeking out a Fantastic Sandwich Maker and Subway customer service representative. I hope to come back to your store location very soon! Sincerely yours, Loyal Subway Fan And Customer.

I ordered a 6 foot sub on august 17th for my wife's birthday on august 27th. Ahead of time right? I called the Subway in Deming, New Mexico to confirm my order, and the manager confirmed it. Well, on august 27th when I went to pick it up, they said they didn't receive an order. While at the Subway I called the corporate office about the order. They confirmed the manager, at the Deming subway, confirmed the order with the corporate office!!! I got a refund, which took 5 days to refund to me. Never! Ever! Again!

Has anyone been to a Subway lately, and you purchase a sandwich to go. Only to find that the bread is stale and hard. Or that when you purchase a sub at times they don't have tomatoes or cheese, or maybe they are out of lettuce, pickles, olives, etc. and sometimes the meat and toppings are old and tasteless. But they still expect you to pay $9.50 anyway, it's ridiculous. These subs are not cheap and seemingly rising daily. If I go to work for 3 hours a day, should I still expect to get paid for 8 hours? Therefore, I am boycotting Subway, and their nasty stale subs. I can go elsewhere and spend $10 bucks and get better service. Subway sucks. I will not eat there again.

Subway restaurant inside Walmart Sept store. Cummings Highway Chattanooga TN 37419. 13 Sep 2016 @ 4:30 pm: I had experienced the most uneducated, non professional employee Ever!!! All stemming from a coupon. Coupon clearly stated: "$6.00 Roast beef footlong. Try it on multigrain flatbread!" So after I completed the build of the sandwich but decided not to try it on the flatbread and then proceeded to show the mobile coupon to the employee which expired on the same day he had one the worst attitudes all because I didn't order the sandwich on the flatbread and would not honor the coupon and said he was going to charge me full price... all because of the bread (Really).

And I passed numerous other subways just To go to that 1. Well he stood by his ** attitude and expected me to pay full price because of his own uneducated thinking of the coupon. With that experience I walked away in disgust!!! YOU Best believe that Subway will never see me Again!!! Or any other because customer service at the corporate level was no help either. SMDH!!!

Subway Company Profile