3.36/5

351 Subway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's been at least a year since I've written a review of this Subway shop. It is superior in all regards: quality of product, quality of service, cleanliness, professional attitude, set-up and handling of orders and customers. Recipes, policies, procedures: all intact and in place. I am reporting that nothing has changed. This is usually a bad sign, but in this case, it is excellent.

Upon walking through the door, you are ALWAYS greeted immediately. And whoever makes your sandwich is going to get it right because they listen to the customer and provide exactly what the customer is asking for. This Subway location is so superior to all other companies. (I could mention them all by name, but they are inferior so why bother?) It is superior to ALL other Subway locations. I have yet to find a Subway location that can match the quality of this one. The bread is ALWAYS fresh! The meats and condiments are as well. This location is so good that, if I moved to another area of Las Vegas and wanted a Subway sandwich, I would go out of my way to drive here.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

TOO AWESOME. MULTIGRAIN SUBWAYS ARE AWESOME AND GOOD FOR HEALTH. I am on diet. I always prefer Subway as healthy diet. Salad are also very good. It contains too much vegetable which is very good for health.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My name is Crystal ** and I am 38 years old I have been going to Subway restaurants ever since I was a teenager. My experiences in the restaurants have been nothing but good. The staff are friendly and hard-working. If they run out of an ingredient they are more than happy to make more. I also like the fact that Subway gives you the ability to pick every single thing you want on it. Another thing I like about Subway is when I get a 40 oz drink and they let me mix two together. I get a 40 ounce cup. I get half Mountain blast and then I fill the rest of the cup up with vitamin water. That may not sound like a good combination but they taste good to me. I like that Subway allows me to get that mix drink.

I do not have any papers that prove this but I believe Subway restaurant is better than a lot of the other fast food restaurants out there. I would rather have a footlong tuna from Subway with lettuce tomato and pickles than have a greasy hamburger or chicken burger from some other fast food place. Like with any restaurant there's no place that is perfect but when it comes to being healthy, professional and good I believe Subway is the place to go to. All of you managers and workers of Subway keep up the good work. I know there are some people out there that complain about the food but in my opinion I think you guys are the best fast food restaurant in America.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I made an online order. I gave them enough time to make it. Went in to pick it up. It was not ready. I had to wait 20 minutes for it. Which in turn made me late to where I had to be. They didn't care. All I got was they were busy. Finally got home to eat. Pulled my sandwich out and it was totally wrong. Didn't have most of the veggies I ordered. I ordered extra bacon. Didn't have that either. I called the store and was told that she wouldn't do anything about it unless I brought back all the sandwiches I had purchased. Mine was the only one that was wrong. She wouldn't give info on who the managers are or nothing. Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Subway in Bartlett, TN, next to McDonalds. Never know what to expect. Are they going to be open at 7:00 AM. Is the door going to be locked at 7:15 AM? This is the only Subway I can go to when I have to drive that way in the morning. This morning, lady prepares a man's sandwich in front of me and then tells me I have to wait because she has to make some salads by 7:30 AM. Why did you prepare his sandwich then? He came in right when I was coming in. Why couldn't both of us wait? I go to Subway # 2 on Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN next to Sonic. It's now 7:26 AM, they only have wrap bread? No bread!!!! What were you all doing this morning? If that's all you have, I don't even know if it's fresh. Franchise owners need to be more involved in their stores. They just don't care anymore. As long as Subway gets paid, it is what it is. And now Subway wants to make Pizza sandwiches?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: April 23, 2019

I placed an online catering order for delivery with Subway. It was for a company lunch meeting with 18 guests. I placed my order a few days beforehand. I also requested an earlier delivery time than needed as I wanted to ensure everything was set up before the start of the lunch meeting. I received an online confirmation thanking me for the order and correctly stating the order details. I had requested an 11:30 am delivery. The meeting was scheduled to start at 12 (noon). At 11:30 am on the day of the lunch meeting I called the catering call center number asking them to confirm if the order was on its way and if they needed an additional directions, etc. The catering center placed me on hold and tried to reach the store. They were unsuccessful but stated that my order is probably on its way.

I ended up calling the catering center a total of three times and each time they could not get hold of the store that was making the delivery. The end result was the food never turned up! I emailed and asked for a full refund which I received BUT to date (it has been over two weeks now!) I have not received an explanation as to why my order was never delivered. The catering call center representatives were all very polite but the bottom line is I did not receive the lunch as planned. I had a meeting room full of guests with NO LUNCH. There seemed to be no communication between the catering call center and the store. The store has never reached out to apologize and provide an explanation. This is totally unreliable and unprofessional. I will not be using Subway catering for any company events nor will I be recommending them to any of my colleagues.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service Subway provides. Due to inclement weather I decided to cancel my order well before the order had been made. Instead of me being able to get my order canceled I was lied to and told by an employee that she would reach out to the manager and find out how it can be canceled. When I went to lunch I called back, at this point I had gotten an email stating my order was ready for pickup. I called back to find out if it were able to be canceled, I was then advised to call on Monday because only a manager can cancel the order. I shouldn’t have to jump through these hoops. The mobile app and online platforms should allow for an easier way to cancel an order without having to go through a person.

I would understand if I hadn’t given enough notice to cancel. But, my order hadn’t even come to their system so I should have had the opportunity to cancel it without involving the location. And for my order to be made anyway when I needed it canceled is beyond me. Then I called the customer service line and the representative was extremely rude. She cut me off while I was trying to explain the situation. At this point I no longer want to do business with Subway but I am really disappointed with the way I was treated. The way I was handled wasn’t becoming and I love Subway's food but I am not happy with today's situation.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Hi, I recently stopped in at the Subway on East Pittsburgh Street Greensburg, store #2638-0 this evening and waited 45 minutes to have my order completed.

Then the employee working did not know how to make the subs and overcharged me for my sub purchase. I had a dollar off coupon, but she didn't know how to select that in the register and it did not get honored. The employee said that her Manager called and was running late, but did not show up. This happens all the time during peak times of the day. How can one person handle 15 customers without any assistance?

I called the 1-800 customer number, but they can't do anything as the stores are individually owned. I was told that the store owner would be in touch with me about my experience. What a waste of time! Why is there a customer service number if nothing will be done? This is not the first time that this has happened and I am officially done with Subway. I will never eat at another Subway ever again!!! I wanted to pass this along to other consumers to hopefully save them time if choosing Subway as their restaurant of choice. Sincerely, Dissatisfied Customer.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Maybe I suggest that if you work at Subway - can you be a little friendly or in my case I have foods that need to avoid so not to trigger my gout. The lady either was in the bad mood or not too friendly. I said no spinach but she put anyway.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Visited Subway today. Since they've raised prices to park your car here in Rochester, MN I need to find ways to conserve money so decided Subway and their less expensive 6" subs would be the way to go. I ordered the 6" Spicy Italian - the board shows $4.09 - then under the board it says *pick your bread*. There are a number of options, but I decided to try and have fewer carbs so selected the tomato wrap. When I got to the counter to pay, I was told my total was $10.57. WHAT! What about the $4.09 price listed on their board. Oh that doesn't matter if you get the wrap as the bread. Really? Where does it say that at? It doesn't. Customers just have to be smart enough to know. Really? So if I would have gotten the double steak on a wrap it would have also been $6.99? Guess I'll try that next time.

Subway, stop baiting and switching your customers, and get the info listed on your boards OR have your sandwich *artists* tell customers that it will cost them more. Just because you are greedy, doesn't make this right. I'm done with Subway again... for a long time. Last time was when I got a salad, and they told me if they gave me a piece of bread to go with it they would have to charge me for a full sandwich. (Shaking my head...) BAD BAD BAD Subway!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Went to Subway on Montgomery and Washington Jersey City, NJ. Ordered 1 whole sub and 1 half sub. These sandwiches were the thinnest meatless I have ever encountered even the add-ons were poor. Although I understand Subway is meant to be nutritious and low in calories this was beyond pitiful, because there were no calories to be eaten! These Subways assemblers are cheap as hell. Damn shame for a popular franchise!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Not having had a Subway sandwich in a while, I thought I would treat myself to a foot-long BMT today. I was impressed when the 'assembler' put on three layers of meat. What a shock when I found out that each layer was so thin I could barely find it. So much for Subway.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

When trying to contact Subway through their website you have to enter all your information, choose a topic from THIER list, figure a way to discuss what your issue is even though they don't have the topic on their list. Then you have to check I'm not a robot. Check mark the correct squares of a picture and click on submit. The circle starts spinning while you wait until the message comes up that the session has timed out due to inactivity. You do it all again with the same result. They should just state we don't care what you think you already paid.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Do not go to the Subway in Baytown Texas on Alexander Dr. Such horrible customer service from the point I walked in! One woman was talking on the phone, and one woman standing there staring into space, like she was daydreaming. She didn't look all there. THIS is not what a customer service experience is supposed to be like. A 10-minute wait, and the woman that was rude was the short little woman who couldn't speak English very well. Just stood there and ignored me while I was waiting. I think it may be a discriminatory place.

Guess I can't go to my own Subway, on my own street, the street I grew up on. I've been here many years, I have family generations back, from Texas, Houston, Austin, and Galveston and never had a problem what this subway till now. I think the employees should be more diverse and less discriminatory, and maybe even have some sensitivity training towards other races.

My ** people would be very sad to see this happening to us still. I guess we haven't evolved as much as we thought we did. Maybe they should teach their employees better customer service skills, like saying, "May I take your order" and not leaving me standing in line, and taking the ** man's order behind me. I love Subway, but I will not be coming to this location on Alexander Dr. anymore, and don't even know what the other ones are like.

Please take my warning and my review, if you want to have a happy family meal, I don't recommend such a discriminatory place for your children to enjoy their meals. I was going to bring my niece here, but because of the discrimination, I will not be comfortable if my niece starting crying because we weren't getting served. God Bless.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I went to the same Subway store 3 days in a row. I got the exact same sandwich and I paid 3 different prices. 1st day: $8.20, 2nd day: $9.60, 3rd day: $10.60. Either the employees don't know the prices, or they are charging whatever they want so they can steal your money...

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I went to Subway because I had no choice, I am not its fan, when I asked for just for a little bit of guacamole they want me to charge extra for that, in fact you pay 13 dollars for that, that is too much for a mediocre sandwich, I do not recommend Subway, I recommend Publix footlong, bigger, and more fresh and cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Seems every time I get a Subway for the last year, the bread is dry, falls apart and is thin. Take a lesson from Jimmy Johns or Jersey Mike's. The bread I use is the Italian white bread. Now I remember why I get my sandwiches elsewhere. SUBWAY, IMPROVE YOUR BREAD.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I had amassed £70 worth of credits by eating Subway all the time. I went away for 3 years, a long time, I know. When I returned my Subway loyalty card was invalid. "It’s just bad luck," was the response from any complaints. I won’t be using Subway again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I got put off my food. I hate it when someone talks over my food. The Indian lady was talking to her colleague when preparing my food. She wasn't even listening to me. I paid for my food which cost £6.25 and I had to throw it in the bin without eating it. How are we meant to eat it when there are spits over it? Where is the management? Disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I went to Subway at Walmart Supercenter. Address: 1130 Frontage Rd W, Owatonna, MN 55060 on November 6, 2018. The meal was 6 inch roasted chicken sub. Total $5.47 cents. I gave the server a 20 bill. He quickly gave me my change and pushed me thru the line. I did not have a chance to count the change. I went into Walmart, and went to pay for my purchase. Instead of the $14.53 in change I only had $9.53. I went back to Subway, and the guy says, "Oh what happened?" I told him, showed him my receipt, he just ignored me. He turned his back and tried to make it look like he was working on something else. I told him, I wanted my $5 and he again ignored me. I wrote a letter to the manager only to be ignored once again. I am done with Subway. They have lost my business.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I stopped to grab something to eat at a Subway restaurant, located in Yonge and Eglinton Centre (Toronto, Ontario), before going to the gym. I ordered a 6 inch sub and cookie combo. The cookies were rock hard (baked too long) and the lettuce showed some spoiling. I was in a hurry for the gym so I had to throw it all out. After the gym, I made a formal complaint on the Subway website - utilizing the customer service form. Subway promptly contacted me and told me that the store owner of that location would connect with me. He began calling my phone from a private number, leaving voicemails insisting I call him back. He then emailed my PERSONAL email (I thought my information was protected!) and sent me a huge long spiel telling me that I was wrong. That I’m stupid and know about business, and insisted the food was fine. He said if there was any problem it was my own and to just go away.

I can’t believe this is how Subway treats their customers. I still paid for this food even though I had to scrap it. I had no idea I would be harassed and threatened for complaining about product quality. This is why the Subway brand is declining - irresponsible and highly inappropriate customer treatment and deteriorating product quality. I do find these other reviews regarding food poisoning to be accurate as well. These franchisees do not care about product or customer experience excellence. Just go to McDonald’s instead - that’s how horrible Subway has become.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

When I went to Subway I had order a chicken noodle soup, and when I came home to eat it, and it was spoiled. I had to throw it away, and that was my money being wasted. So then the person who ordered that from my family couldn't eat dinner, and we had to give him some of our food.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I enjoy and appreciate Subway for their healthy choices and consistency of food and service when I am traveling. But when I placed an online order at my local store, they claimed they had not received it. Additionally, the person asked me to wait for the people behind me and made me wait another 15 minutes for nothing. I was late for a meeting and also had the embarrassment of not having lunch for 12 people that I had promised to bring. I consider my time to be valuable and have already spent more time than the $37.50 I requested to be refunded.

The store owner emailed me and suggested I come in for a "Free order" of equivalent value. I needed the sandwiches last week and don't need them now. I need a refund. After spending another hour on the phone trying to reach the owner and Subway "Customer Care", I find that it should be called "Customer Don't-Care". So this is just a warning to subway customers... Don't bother calling or complaining to the corporate office because they simply don't care. The first time I called to complain, "Rosemary" transferred me to catering. At least the second person took the time to explain that the corporate office does not take responsibility for the bad service of their stores.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

There used to find Subway a rewarding experience. The cheese instead of cookies I thought was a wonderful idea. With the app there were often additional values. BUT then someone got greedy. Sandwiches of the day changed to some questionable choices, (tuna WHAT.) THE value meal add-on (chips and drink) increased in price to $2.50. [How much did the cost of either increase.] And now the latest gimmick is carry a little card to get CHANCES? for some other chances to win??? What. I have cards for grocery stores, (ALDI does not have one) drug stores... My wallet is full of cards. NO MORE. SUBWAY is losing value and going downhill. Wave bye.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I'd like to personally thank you for introducing food poisoning to my daughter. I really appreciate how considerate you were in making sure my wife wasn't left out and alone in your fine establishment. Your dedication to making sure everyone who walks through your door is treated equally is impressive and consistent. Subway's commitment to the family unit has also been amazing. My wife and daughter and I have been really bonding for the past two nights. I feel so much closer to my family after the past two nights being able to take care of them while they hardly had to leave bed for anything.

In fairness, there are some things I couldn't do for them (biology and stuff) but if they both keep on this trend, I think my 15 month old will be able to change her own diapers after seeing me do it more often than usual thanks to how much we're trying to keep her hydrated. Much like Netflix and YouTube, my daughter is also streaming instantly. This has afforded us the opportunity to test out a wide range of carpet cleaning products. There are so many other anecdotes I'd love to discuss with you, at length, but I'd hate to take someone away from servicing the population with your special care. Thank you for your continued support for the families you serve.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I recently purchased a Groupon for Subway. Nowhere could I find any warning that Subway stores may not accept the GROUPON nor was it labeled PARTICIPATING STORES ONLY. I went into the SUBWAY STORE at 601 West Strasburg Rd, West Chester, Pa 19382 (Phone # 484-887-8673) store and showed a gentlemen by the name of ** the Groupon voucher on my smartphone. He and one of the other folks in the store (didn't get her name) told me that they would NOT honor the Groupon. I left the store and called the SUBWAY Corporate OFFICE to explain the situation and they simply said there was nothing they could or would do regarding the matter. I kindly explained that I own several businesses and we not only go to SUBWAY all the time, but that we also use SUBWAY from time to time to cater for client lunches and that it seemed as that it was very deceptive that it did not honor the Groupon.

I am writing this warning as to anyone who may go to this SUBWAY at 601 West Strasburg Rd, West Chester, Pa, 19382. They are not CUSTOMER SERVICE Friendly and if you have a Groupon don't bother because neither the local SUBWAY SHOP nor the SUBWAY CORPORATE OFFICE was willing to be helpful with the situation. I am done going to SUBWAY for GOOD. Very Disappointed. Former CUSTOMER of SUBWAY.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I believe I was overcharged, store #20690-0 term ID trans# **. Reference # **. 1 TkyBenGuac WrpFly $6.99. 1 Fresh Value Meal (21-1) $3.59. 21 oz. Fountain Drink. Soup RTU 8 oz. -Soup. Next order 1 TkyBenGuac SrpFly $6.99. 1 Fresh Value Meal (21-1) $2.69. 21 oz Fountain Drink - chips 1- chips $1.10. Total 21.36. I never paid this much for 2 6 in. wraps, 2 drinks, 2 chips and 1 soup. Please explain this bill. The manager looked at the bill and gave us a stupid excuse and went back to the back room.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I've had enough issues with Subway over the years to know the exact process of local resolution vs corporate resolution. But I find that more and more of the "resolutions" being required at the local level, are the direct result from poorly-conceived edicts from Corporate Office. I could overload the server going into the vast array of silly easily-rectified debacles of customer respect. But 3 recent ones come to mind. 1. Putting a dozen purchased cookies in paper envelopes rather than into a plastic airtight container. Claims of "required by head office" and "inventory tracking" are often heard. Complaints elevated to head office with request for supervisor call-back are rarely followed up on.

2. Refusing to wrap 6" subs in larger paper upon request. I have good reasons for the request and share them every time I purchase. But they are in increasing cases totally ignored. They use the smaller papers and when I ask if they honored my request they go all dodgy and cagey. One girlie even accused me of being rude and marched away into the back room to send out the manager. For the few fractions of a cent in packaging, why the issue?

3. When waiting in the endless queue for customer service, it's common to hear numerous times "This call may be recorded for training and quality control". (But not for litigation purposes?) I once repeated this back to an phone-missie and she freaked the ** out! She cried that she did not consent and was hanging up-click. I never said I was. Only that I may. And why would Subway require such a protectionist concession from you, and not extend the same courtesy back? I'm currently waiting (up to 5 days now) for a supervisor to call me back about his. They tend to just bury "incongruities" in their business model rather than respecting the customer and dealing with them. If you have a quality product but shameful customer respect... you have a shameful corporate experience and a bad product. The Subway Gazillionaires need to get a clue as to who put them on easy street.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought a sandwich from Subway for a concert. Came home and put it in the fridge until I was ready to leave. When I was about to leave I took it out of the fridge and unwrapped it. To my horror I found a fly in it. I took a picture of it and threw it away. I went to the store the next morning to report it and show them the picture. The manager wasn't there and the girl in charge didn't know what to do. She did call her manager while I was there and the manager told her that she would call me the next day. I left her my number and my email but never heard from her. I wrote Subway on Thursday and someone called me back on Friday afternoon. I was out of town so I couldn't call her back. She also left a message on my email which I responded to but never heard back from her. This is a horrible experience. This shows me that Subway doesn't care for their customers at all.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On 9-15-18 CT and NY were presented with the worst rainstorm I've ever experienced and I'm 69 yrs old. At 6:08 PM I walked into this store (Subway 40001 3561 Main St, Stratford, Ct) and ordered a foot long sandwich and before I could say which bread I wanted, the young lady said to me. "It has to be on Italian. That's all we have." So I responded by saying, "That's ok but why is that all you have?" She replied, "It's very slow today because of the rain all day so that's the only bread we made." I asked if it was at least fresh and she said yes. I got home and ate my sandwich and the bread was terrible. The girl obviously lied to me when she said it was fresh.

I had been a baker for 30 years and can tell when bread is baked fresh that day. It was dry and crumbly, not the way fresh baked bread should be. I am very disappointed and will never go back there again. They obviously had the bread left over from the previous day and since it was slow all day, they never had the chance to pawn it off on some other unsuspecting customer earlier. I know all of us are in business to make money, but you made $7.49 on me and instead of throwing away a 40 cent 12 inch roll, you lost my business forever.

Subway Company Information