Subway

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Today I bought my first Subway Reuben. As a sandwich, it was good. It is not a Reuben: No mustard; almost no sauerkraut. Is it true that Subway no longer uses Honey-Oat Bread? Does subway use Rye Bread? The Subway store I visited today is: Address: 882 W Hamilton Ave, Campbell, CA 95008. I live in Cupertino, CA 95014. The address of the Subway store there is: 21682 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014. I have stopped dealing with this Subway because the ingredients (chicken, etc) are not fresh. I suspect they do not have much business.

The corned beef Reuben subs are a major disappointment. We ordered two on 11/28/16 at Subway #19546, a 6-inch and a footlong. Neither looked like a Reuben. Didn't taste like a Reuben either. Minimal meat, almost no sauerkraut. Bread was dry. Would not recommend buying a Reuben at Subway.

My fiance and I went to Subway on Hwy 216 McCalla, AL. He gets off at midnight and we usually eat early in the morning. It's close by and we are regulars. We are in the process of moving so we have no oven or microwave at the moment. We go to Subway on 11-23-16 at 3:15am. The service was great and the young lady working was awesome. One thing, we couldn't get our sandwiches heated or toasted. Wanted a warm sandwich on a cold day. Get a new oven. We will not be back. This is ridiculous. It will not happen again. The poor girl working can't hardly get any good tips because of this. You are losing guest as well as employees losing money. Get the oven working. Very disappointed. Since I wrote this, now the owner will probably take it out on the employee. I've worked in restaurants, I know how it works. Get a new oven and do not blame the girl working, she was great. Very disappointed.

The lady behind counter (older woman) was rude to my wife and myself. Acted like she didn't want to wait on us. Ask for cream for coffee, her reply was, I have three and "that's all you get." Rude, Rude, Rude. And by the way did I say she was Rude? BAD EXPERIENCE.

I walked in to a man, **, putting away trays last night. No greeting. The store was empty. As I made my way up closer to order, without looking up he says, "I'll be with you in a moment." As a former subway employee myself I knew that it wouldn't take long to finish what he was doing. So I responded with an "Ok, thanks." I was wrong. After putting trays away and organizing the remaining bread he began cleaning and wiping off the area. 5 mins pass. Still no acknowledgement. A lady appears from the back and begins shifting thru things to put away. NOTHING. Ten minutes in, still hasn't said a word or even looked up; how rude and unprofessional. I ask a ludicrous question to try to make sense of what was going on. "Are you guys still open?" Finally looking up he says, "Yes. We are open. But we have had a busy day and I need to clean."

With no hurry in his process of doing so, I wait. And wait. And wait. It shouldn't take a grown human being more than a minute to clean up some crumbs from under a board. The lady has been back and forth constantly without ever saying anything. Disgusted, I walk out. Couldn't get out quick enough before it started mumbling under his voice. Suffered thru the urge of turning around and responding but it didn't deserve the acknowledgement. Instead I decided focusing my energy on leaving a review to warn everyone else to not spend their money there. Doubt people would actively look for such sour service to gladly support. Ironically, as I came to leave a review, I see what seems to be ** himself leaving a review stating that he's the new owner. What a shame. Busy days happen, it's part of the job. Especially when there are promos going. If you were still open your duty was to serve not clean. You failed.

Also spraying the counter top inches away from uncovered food is going to get someone poisoned. Nice going. ("I am the new owner of this store. I know that in the past you might have had a not so good experience. But I guarantee you that you will have a great experience at this Subway.") Location: College Plaza Shopping Center, 8595 College Pkwy #380, Fort Myers, FL 33907.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

So I have been to this Subway a few times (it's by a CVS, McDonalds, and a Baskin Robbins here in Modesto, CA). New employees have been hired. They have great attitudes, extremely friendly, and very helpful. The managing sucks though. I'm not racist but the Indian lady is very rude to both her employees and customers. I feel bad for the employees because she yells at them to do one thing then gets mad and yells at the to help out, when obviously they are only doing what she asked of them. Not only that but this Halloween I went in around 6 or 7 pm and these two very young girls were working. I asked them if they even had any customers, they said only about 2 or 3! Do you believe that!? And they closed at 9. Wouldn't it cost more to keep the store open though on that kind of slow night?!

It made me think of my own kids and when they get older and have a job; I hope it's not a job with management like that! I wouldn't want my daughter or son working on a time that is meant for Family! I wonder if they even get Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's off! I think Corporation should look into this Subway! Like I said the employees are great but the management sucks! I felt so bad for these girls! I wonder how their parents feel! I wouldn't blame anyone who tries looking for another job that gives Holidays off! Just some things are not right!

I used to go to Subway all of the time until a couple of years ago I noticed less meat on the sandwich and not even close to the picture depicted on the menu, I've been back a couple of times just to see if they have started to put more meat on them but they haven't. They should really changed the pictures of the sandwiches to match what they serve you, I just walked out the last time I was there after seeing them do the same thing again, I will never be back, Go to Firehouse Subs that's a company with integrity.

This particular Subway continues to provide terrible customer service. A young female working this evening made a comment under her breath once a customer said she put too much southwest chipotle. This is not acceptable. When I asked her name she refused, when I asked the MOD on duty he refused as well. I told them I was going to write corporate, I used no foul language nor raised my voice. He then states he would not give his name, he then tells me he seen no issue with how she was acting. Saying "If you don't like it deal with it" when a customer says that's a lot of sauce is not acceptable. He told me he had the right to refuse service at any point in time! He snatches the sandwich and tosses it! As I stated to him her attitude seems like she doesn't want to be here so she shouldn't be. I have never been refused service because I wanted to voice my opinion.

I am asking that you review your cameras and hope that audio is available to hear and see this interaction. I under no circumstance should be denied a first name if I want to complain about what I see! Secondly no one there had on name tags or I wouldn't have asked! I will not and I do mean will not do business with an establishment whom allows this type of behavior. The manager on duty refusing to give his name?!? Saying "Well I'm not going to give you my name either." If he had no problem with it, that's fine but again her comment about the previous customer was unacceptable, period.

I was not unreasonable. I wanted to make sure that since she didn't provide her name I would use the MOD on duty as reference for my complaint. Refusing service to someone whom is not being abusive is not OK. More importantly, I drove to the next Subway and still received my meal. Again I was not abusive, disrespectful, yelling or using foul language. Refusing service because I want to complain, he said that was the reason.

I feel a very good employee was lost due to poor management and favoritism. This continues to be overlooked and brushed under the rug at the Glenville, WV Subway. It's a sad sad situation when you have a regular employee treating the other co-workers like crap through intimidation and bullying just because he is dating the manager's' daughter. On a personal level I feel the area mgr. is a decent person. On a business level it's a sad situation when she lets a college employee intimidate and bully workers so much they quit just because he is dating the area mgr. daughter. My wife quit recently because of this and has the text msgs he sent to her. The area mgr. was aware and did nothing.

What a black eye for Subway. Anytime the area mgr., the boyfriend, daughter or niece is questioned your hours are cut and it's blamed on work ethic. My wife started in March 2016 and in that time a mgr. was demoted and 6 people have come and gone in a 6 month period. The only people that seem to have above 10 hours and stay is family. I hope things eventually change for the sake of Glenville, WV. People chatter in this small town and the word is already getting around. Awesome food. Piss poor management.

I just want to say that I had a Great Experience at the Subway restaurant located at: 289 South Atlantic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90022. I went into their location back on Wednesday, October 5th, 2016 and was greeted by ** who went out of her way to take care of me as her customer. I personally want to thank her for ALL of her efforts in listening to me and satisfying my needs. I more than highly recommend her to anyone seeking out a Fantastic Sandwich Maker and Subway customer service representative. I hope to come back to your store location very soon! Sincerely yours, Loyal Subway Fan And Customer.

I ordered a 6 foot sub on august 17th for my wife's birthday on august 27th. Ahead of time right? I called the Subway in Deming, New Mexico to confirm my order, and the manager confirmed it. Well, on august 27th when I went to pick it up, they said they didn't receive an order. While at the Subway I called the corporate office about the order. They confirmed the manager, at the Deming subway, confirmed the order with the corporate office!!! I got a refund, which took 5 days to refund to me. Never! Ever! Again!

Has anyone been to a Subway lately, and you purchase a sandwich to go. Only to find that the bread is stale and hard. Or that when you purchase a sub at times they don't have tomatoes or cheese, or maybe they are out of lettuce, pickles, olives, etc. and sometimes the meat and toppings are old and tasteless. But they still expect you to pay $9.50 anyway, it's ridiculous. These subs are not cheap and seemingly rising daily. If I go to work for 3 hours a day, should I still expect to get paid for 8 hours? Therefore, I am boycotting Subway, and their nasty stale subs. I can go elsewhere and spend $10 bucks and get better service. Subway sucks. I will not eat there again.

Subway restaurant inside Walmart Sept store. Cummings Highway Chattanooga TN 37419. 13 Sep 2016 @ 4:30 pm: I had experienced the most uneducated, non professional employee Ever!!! All stemming from a coupon. Coupon clearly stated: "$6.00 Roast beef footlong. Try it on multigrain flatbread!" So after I completed the build of the sandwich but decided not to try it on the flatbread and then proceeded to show the mobile coupon to the employee which expired on the same day he had one the worst attitudes all because I didn't order the sandwich on the flatbread and would not honor the coupon and said he was going to charge me full price... all because of the bread (Really).

And I passed numerous other subways just To go to that 1. Well he stood by his ** attitude and expected me to pay full price because of his own uneducated thinking of the coupon. With that experience I walked away in disgust!!! YOU Best believe that Subway will never see me Again!!! Or any other because customer service at the corporate level was no help either. SMDH!!!

My wife and I go to Subway at least two time every week. It is a great place to eat. The food is healthy and the price is right. We usually go on Mondays and Wednesday and get the daily specials. I am a retired State Police Captain and State Bureau of Investigation Special Agent. I retired with 32 years of honorable service. I was an internal affairs investigator and major case agent, so when I noticed the manager at store #6401-0 in Cedartown, GA was not giving receipts to every customer and was not ringing up every sale, it piqued my curiosity. I noticed he would give a receipt to every third or fourth customer, so I think I know what he is doing.

Our last SIX visits, we have NOT GOT A Receipt. I took special notice to see if he rang up our purchase. HE DID NOT. He just hit one button, opened the drawer and handed me the change. I have been very tempted to confront him, but I felt as though someone at corporate should look into what is going on. This manager owns "three" Subways in the local area: Store #6410-0, # 36646-0, and one in Buchanan, GA (don't know the number). Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions you would like. I think I know what this manager is doing, but I will let you do your own investigation into criminal activity. Thanks for your time.

There was a heavy set girl at the trenton ga subway who was sweating on my sandwich as she made it and got upset when I started to walk out. When I told her why I was leaving she got offended and she swore at me and said, "thanks for wasting my time". I lust left. This was last week and I'll never eat at any Subway again.

Today I went to our Salinas Main Street Subway, it is a drive through. I ordered one sandwich and a drink it came out to $13. Every time I go to a different Subway the charge is different. Very expensive.

Aug 17 2016 07:05 AM Went into the Cedarville Subway (Store #58767-0) yesterday with my wife and son. When we approached the counter, there was nobody in the sandwich area (not so unusual), but then a woman came out of the backroom and was nearly immediately not too friendly (didn't say hello or anything). I was carrying in my hand my wallet, car key, and a big yellow coupon. She went from unfriendly to surly quickly. She asked what we wanted and I said three subs, two footlongs and a six-inch sub. She grabbed the bread, cut it roughly, and pushed the cut bread down hard as to make the bread flat. She then tossed (not placed) the ingredients on the sandwiches, taking little care as to the positioning of the ingredients on the bread. She was quite rough with our sandwiches the entire time that she was making them.

Also, my wife normally gets tomatoes on her veggie but she did not request them because they look spoiled. The pickles also did not look to be in such good shape (kind of shriveled up). Also, I asked for chipotle sauce to be put on my sandwich and I could not believe the amount of sauce that she put on, it was drowning in chipotle sauce and given her demeanor the whole time I was afraid to even say anything. The entire time that she was making the sandwiches she looked to be in just a foul mood and made us feel unwelcome. At the checkout I gave her the coupon and it was for a free six-inch sub with 2 foot-long subs, or for a dollar off. Instead of giving us the free sub, she gave us the one dollar off and I asked why and she made some excuse.

At any rate, I was feeling very bad about the experience and when we Sat down at a table to eat my wife again commented on my sandwich looking awful drowning in that chipotle sauce. Starting to feel frustrated with the whole experience, I told my family that we would take the subs and go eat at home. I went to the front counter asking for bags so that we could leave and she only gave me one bag even though we bought three sandwiches. I then asked her for a few more bags and she just ripped off a few more and gave them to me with a scowl on her face. We put the sandwiches in the bags and left. On the way home about a mile from the shop I decided that we really shouldn't have to pay for the experience so we would return to the store to return the sandwiches and explained that we will ask for a credit from MasterCard for the sandwiches.

At that point she exploded and screamed at me to get out of the store and came around the corner of the counter as if she was going to physically assault me screaming at me the entire time. I was a bit nervous to be fair. I had never raised my voice to her, I had only told her that we were unhappy but that seemed to make her more aggravated. At any rate by the time she came around the counter screaming for me to leave I walked out the front door with her on my tail yelling at me. When I got outside she followed me outside and as I got in the car with my family she screamed that she was going to call the police and wrote down our license plate number. I told her to go ahead and call the police and have them come explaining that being unhappy with poor service and bad sandwiches was not a crime.

She then ran back in the shop and grabbed the sandwiches and then as we were pulling away she hurled the sandwiches at our car thank God she missed. When we got home I called the bank to dispute the charge and also called the Subway corporate to explain to them what had happened. Later that evening I called our bank to dispute the charge for the sandwiches. I also called Subway corporate to complain. As we had eggs and hashbrowns at home later after the incident my wife recalled when we were there a week or two earlier and a worker explained that the owners really hated coupons. So my guess is that when the woman who may have been an owner saw the big yellow coupon in my hand it immediately put her in a bad mood toward us. At any rate, we will certainly not be going back there anymore and would encourage anyone who would consider going there not to do it.

I ordered a steak and cheese sandwich from the Subway on Louisiana & Indian School. The gentleman doing my sandwich grabbed the meat, which was wrapped and put it on my bread. It was crumbles of steak, I think, and the amount was so small he had to spread it to make it fit the 6" bread. I asked him "Is that all the meat you are putting on there." He just stared at me. My sandwich looked like a flat bread. I ordered an Italian sub and couldn't believe how little meat was on there, so I loaded up on the toppings. It was so disappointing that the next day I went to Dion's to get what I call a real Italian sub. Lots of meat and free chips and a pickle, all for about the same price. All the things you have to pay extra for at Subway.

Today I went into Subway in Madisonville, TN. I ordered 2 footlong subs. 1 italian bread, the 2nd herb & cheese bread. There were 2 employees working. I had the pleasure of Julie making (sneezing) my sandwich. When I got home, my bread was doughy & soggy. I called to speak to the manager. Julie told me the manager wasn't there, I wasn't getting a free sandwich. She told me not to call or come back again. Julie then said ** off & hung up. My adult children don't speak to me this way. I only wanted to speak to the manager. Julie needs a new job. Disappointed!

Reduce price... reduce material inside the sandwich. Feel like eating bread. I walked to Subway on Lockeford Rd, Lodi CA order a sandwich. She was counting the lettuce, olive, onion and bell pepper. I asked her why. She mention we should put 6 each on sandwich or $2 extra for 6 more on my sandwich. I don't think I ever eat subway bread for $6.50.

We ordered two sandwiches and my wife wanted water. I was going to get a soda. We were informed we would have to pay full soda price for the water. Waycross Ga store # 7795-0 store phone # 912-285-8670. I don't know why they don't just use the cheap no name cups for water like everyone else. Manager was rude when I suggested that. Oh well we won't be back.

I order subs on 8/4/16 using the Subway app. which stated the restaurant was open until 10 pm. I placed the order at 9:10 pm and was given a 9:24 pm pickup time and my credit card was charge accordingly. Upon arrival I find the restaurant closed 9:20 pm. I called and an employee cleaning stated they closed at 9 since the beginning of the year. There was nothing she could do to help me. She told me they were aware of the issue and asked the franchise owner to address that issue several time along with other unnamed issues. He didn't seem to care. I was asked to come in the following day before 2 pm and the manager might be able to help. I arrived at 11 am. The manager was out and wouldn't be back until sometime next week. The employees were extremely rude. I was not offered to have my ordered fulfilled or a refund.

I contacted Subway's corporate office and was told they couldn't help me. They would email the franchise owner but ultimately the choice was his to respond to me or offer any compensation or refund. Now this place has my money and refuses to assist me and I received no product as well. I consider this to be theft. No contact from the owner has been made and he's unreachable. Called back to corporate and they became rude and hung up on me. I had to contact the credit card issuer to handle the matter. This subway is located 226 Market street Sunbury PA. 17801. Phone number 570-988-7827. I was informed the franchise owner's name a **.

Went to Subway off of West Ave in San Antonio Texas and got food poisoning from their broccoli and cheese soup. I had to go to ER for medicine to stop from vomiting. When I recovered from my stomach virus I told the manager and all he did was refund my money. I should have known the soup was bad because before I bought it I asked the worker "Is it pretty good?" He said "I wouldn't know. I do eat the soup from here..." I will never eat soup from Subway again. I wish they could pay my doctor bill.

Most of the Subway stores I go to seem downright irritated when I use my points. On top of that many of the reps don't even know how to put them through. I've used the app five times in the last two months and three of those times they didn't have my order ready when I got there 15 minutes later. I order through the app because I only have a 30 minute lunch break. I don't have all day to wait on my food. Also and this is a big one for me. I eat Subway a lot, why can't I use my points on the app? That is garbage. I'm one more bad visit from never doing business with them again.

I went to Subway because I was running low on time. When I got there only five other people were in line so I thought it was perfect and I would have enough time to eat before work, boy was I wrong. There was only one worker working and she was sneezing while making sandwiches and there were flies that keep landing on the sandwiches and she didn't even try to get them off. I originally felt really bad because she was the only worker. I waited in line for thirty minutes before she even made it to my brother and I. When we ordered she was really rude and even got an attitude with my brother who is eleven and even raised her voice with him and all he was doing was ordering. Finally we made it to the register after thirty seven minutes in line we were free to go. Long story short I didn't even have time to eat my sandwich before work. This horror story probably wouldn't have happened if there was more than one worker.

You may have noticed that national chain restaurants are wildly variable regarding quality of food and cleanliness standards. Being a certified food safety expert, one of the first things I look for when I enter an establishment are attention to safe food handling practices. The standards of the Subway at 6801 St. Andrews Road in Irmo, SC, Store #1428-0, are the best I have seen for this chain. They keep their food bays covered between customers, their food preparation surfaces are immaculate, and even the area under the fountain drink machine was clean!

The associate, **, who was on duty at 5:40pm on 7/23/2016 was extremely professional and gave me many choices as to how I wanted the sub prepared, like whether I wanted my meats on the sub when toasting the sub, and whether or not I would like the cheese toasted as well! Overall, one of the best establishments I have ever patronized. Needless to say, the finest Subway sub I have ever eaten!

I recently bought a sub from Subway which by the way was very delicious and the service was excellent but I was very disappointed with the portion size of the bread itself. It looks as though it's very thin now as to where before it was a lot bigger bread. They charge the same but with less food which is what I'm finding also in a lot of supermarket products everywhere... Same price (if not more) but less portion!! Very dissatisfied and will not buy from Subway again.

I think Subway needs to check out their manager because of the treatment and I have seen her just steal whatever she want. Always talking ** about having to work and the owner knowing all about and this isn't the only store that has a managers like this one. There is another store and Tom runs that one. He is drunk all the time, he steals from his store to and it's false. Everything is not fresh there mean it's not all these people are giving Subway a bad name.

Why does your Woodstock, VA store always sell out of Roast Beef. I have tried to order a Roast Beef sub 4 times over the last 2 months. It seems the manager does not know how to keep Roast Beef in stock.

Every once in a while, I visit Subway Restaurants to get something "fresh" to eat. I've had so many experiences when I show them my subway point card through an app, where I store all of my cards, and they don't know what to do with it. Many times they've tried to scan my phone face to face with the Display of their card scanner. It's funny because it clearly doesn't work like that. Since subway never had a barcode/QRcode scanner, they could either only swipe the points card, use the card number (shown also in app), or use the phone number associated with the account. Unfortunately, most of them don't know the rest of the options. So if you don't have the card with you, don't expect points.

Well, there's really no big deal for that one. But I just don't understand why these restaurants get an A rating when, first, they don't even know how to use gloves. They use gloves to touch everything - not only to hold your food, but also to touch the sauces, carry the pan, open the oven, clean the chopping board, wipe their nose, and probably to hold the trash too. And second, many of them talk and laugh too much in front of the food. Not cool. I don't recommend.

Subway Company Profile