1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

336 Subway Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My name is Crystal ** and I am 38 years old I have been going to Subway restaurants ever since I was a teenager. My experiences in the restaurants have been nothing but good. The staff are friendly and hard-working. If they run out of an ingredient they are more than happy to make more. I also like the fact that Subway gives you the ability to pick every single thing you want on it. Another thing I like about Subway is when I get a 40 oz drink and they let me mix two together. I get a 40 ounce cup. I get half Mountain blast and then I fill the rest of the cup up with vitamin water. That may not sound like a good combination but they taste good to me. I like that Subway allows me to get that mix drink.

I do not have any papers that prove this but I believe Subway restaurant is better than a lot of the other fast food restaurants out there. I would rather have a footlong tuna from Subway with lettuce tomato and pickles than have a greasy hamburger or chicken burger from some other fast food place. Like with any restaurant there's no place that is perfect but when it comes to being healthy, professional and good I believe Subway is the place to go to. All of you managers and workers of Subway keep up the good work. I know there are some people out there that complain about the food but in my opinion I think you guys are the best fast food restaurant in America.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Seems every time I get a Subway for the last year, the bread is dry, falls apart and is thin. Take a lesson from Jimmy Johns or Jersey Mike's. The bread I use is the Italian white bread. Now I remember why I get my sandwiches elsewhere. SUBWAY, IMPROVE YOUR BREAD.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I had amassed £70 worth of credits by eating Subway all the time. I went away for 3 years, a long time, I know. When I returned my Subway loyalty card was invalid. "It’s just bad luck," was the response from any complaints. I won’t be using Subway again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I got put off my food. I hate it when someone talks over my food. The Indian lady was talking to her colleague when preparing my food. She wasn't even listening to me. I paid for my food which cost £6.25 and I had to throw it in the bin without eating it. How are we meant to eat it when there are spits over it? Where is the management? Disgusting.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I went to Subway at Walmart Supercenter. Address: 1130 Frontage Rd W, Owatonna, MN 55060 on November 6, 2018. The meal was 6 inch roasted chicken sub. Total $5.47 cents. I gave the server a 20 bill. He quickly gave me my change and pushed me thru the line. I did not have a chance to count the change. I went into Walmart, and went to pay for my purchase. Instead of the $14.53 in change I only had $9.53. I went back to Subway, and the guy says, "Oh what happened?" I told him, showed him my receipt, he just ignored me. He turned his back and tried to make it look like he was working on something else. I told him, I wanted my $5 and he again ignored me. I wrote a letter to the manager only to be ignored once again. I am done with Subway. They have lost my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I stopped to grab something to eat at a Subway restaurant, located in Yonge and Eglinton Centre (Toronto, Ontario), before going to the gym. I ordered a 6 inch sub and cookie combo. The cookies were rock hard (baked too long) and the lettuce showed some spoiling. I was in a hurry for the gym so I had to throw it all out. After the gym, I made a formal complaint on the Subway website - utilizing the customer service form. Subway promptly contacted me and told me that the store owner of that location would connect with me. He began calling my phone from a private number, leaving voicemails insisting I call him back. He then emailed my PERSONAL email (I thought my information was protected!) and sent me a huge long spiel telling me that I was wrong. That I’m stupid and know about business, and insisted the food was fine. He said if there was any problem it was my own and to just go away.

I can’t believe this is how Subway treats their customers. I still paid for this food even though I had to scrap it. I had no idea I would be harassed and threatened for complaining about product quality. This is why the Subway brand is declining - irresponsible and highly inappropriate customer treatment and deteriorating product quality. I do find these other reviews regarding food poisoning to be accurate as well. These franchisees do not care about product or customer experience excellence. Just go to McDonald’s instead - that’s how horrible Subway has become.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

When I went to Subway I had order a chicken noodle soup, and when I came home to eat it, and it was spoiled. I had to throw it away, and that was my money being wasted. So then the person who ordered that from my family couldn't eat dinner, and we had to give him some of our food.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I enjoy and appreciate Subway for their healthy choices and consistency of food and service when I am traveling. But when I placed an online order at my local store, they claimed they had not received it. Additionally, the person asked me to wait for the people behind me and made me wait another 15 minutes for nothing. I was late for a meeting and also had the embarrassment of not having lunch for 12 people that I had promised to bring. I consider my time to be valuable and have already spent more time than the $37.50 I requested to be refunded.

The store owner emailed me and suggested I come in for a "Free order" of equivalent value. I needed the sandwiches last week and don't need them now. I need a refund. After spending another hour on the phone trying to reach the owner and Subway "Customer Care", I find that it should be called "Customer Don't-Care". So this is just a warning to subway customers... Don't bother calling or complaining to the corporate office because they simply don't care. The first time I called to complain, "Rosemary" transferred me to catering. At least the second person took the time to explain that the corporate office does not take responsibility for the bad service of their stores.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

There used to find Subway a rewarding experience. The cheese instead of cookies I thought was a wonderful idea. With the app there were often additional values. BUT then someone got greedy. Sandwiches of the day changed to some questionable choices, (tuna WHAT.) THE value meal add-on (chips and drink) increased in price to $2.50. [How much did the cost of either increase.] And now the latest gimmick is carry a little card to get CHANCES? for some other chances to win??? What. I have cards for grocery stores, (ALDI does not have one) drug stores... My wallet is full of cards. NO MORE. SUBWAY is losing value and going downhill. Wave bye.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I'd like to personally thank you for introducing food poisoning to my daughter. I really appreciate how considerate you were in making sure my wife wasn't left out and alone in your fine establishment. Your dedication to making sure everyone who walks through your door is treated equally is impressive and consistent. Subway's commitment to the family unit has also been amazing. My wife and daughter and I have been really bonding for the past two nights. I feel so much closer to my family after the past two nights being able to take care of them while they hardly had to leave bed for anything.

In fairness, there are some things I couldn't do for them (biology and stuff) but if they both keep on this trend, I think my 15 month old will be able to change her own diapers after seeing me do it more often than usual thanks to how much we're trying to keep her hydrated. Much like Netflix and YouTube, my daughter is also streaming instantly. This has afforded us the opportunity to test out a wide range of carpet cleaning products. There are so many other anecdotes I'd love to discuss with you, at length, but I'd hate to take someone away from servicing the population with your special care. Thank you for your continued support for the families you serve.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I recently purchased a Groupon for Subway. Nowhere could I find any warning that Subway stores may not accept the GROUPON nor was it labeled PARTICIPATING STORES ONLY. I went into the SUBWAY STORE at 601 West Strasburg Rd, West Chester, Pa 19382 (Phone # 484-887-8673) store and showed a gentlemen by the name of ** the Groupon voucher on my smartphone. He and one of the other folks in the store (didn't get her name) told me that they would NOT honor the Groupon. I left the store and called the SUBWAY Corporate OFFICE to explain the situation and they simply said there was nothing they could or would do regarding the matter. I kindly explained that I own several businesses and we not only go to SUBWAY all the time, but that we also use SUBWAY from time to time to cater for client lunches and that it seemed as that it was very deceptive that it did not honor the Groupon.

I am writing this warning as to anyone who may go to this SUBWAY at 601 West Strasburg Rd, West Chester, Pa, 19382. They are not CUSTOMER SERVICE Friendly and if you have a Groupon don't bother because neither the local SUBWAY SHOP nor the SUBWAY CORPORATE OFFICE was willing to be helpful with the situation. I am done going to SUBWAY for GOOD. Very Disappointed. Former CUSTOMER of SUBWAY.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I believe I was overcharged, store #20690-0 term ID trans# **. Reference # **. 1 TkyBenGuac WrpFly $6.99. 1 Fresh Value Meal (21-1) $3.59. 21 oz. Fountain Drink. Soup RTU 8 oz. -Soup. Next order 1 TkyBenGuac SrpFly $6.99. 1 Fresh Value Meal (21-1) $2.69. 21 oz Fountain Drink - chips 1- chips $1.10. Total 21.36. I never paid this much for 2 6 in. wraps, 2 drinks, 2 chips and 1 soup. Please explain this bill. The manager looked at the bill and gave us a stupid excuse and went back to the back room.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I've had enough issues with Subway over the years to know the exact process of local resolution vs corporate resolution. But I find that more and more of the "resolutions" being required at the local level, are the direct result from poorly-conceived edicts from Corporate Office. I could overload the server going into the vast array of silly easily-rectified debacles of customer respect. But 3 recent ones come to mind. 1. Putting a dozen purchased cookies in paper envelopes rather than into a plastic airtight container. Claims of "required by head office" and "inventory tracking" are often heard. Complaints elevated to head office with request for supervisor call-back are rarely followed up on.

2. Refusing to wrap 6" subs in larger paper upon request. I have good reasons for the request and share them every time I purchase. But they are in increasing cases totally ignored. They use the smaller papers and when I ask if they honored my request they go all dodgy and cagey. One girlie even accused me of being rude and marched away into the back room to send out the manager. For the few fractions of a cent in packaging, why the issue?

3. When waiting in the endless queue for customer service, it's common to hear numerous times "This call may be recorded for training and quality control". (But not for litigation purposes?) I once repeated this back to an phone-missie and she freaked the ** out! She cried that she did not consent and was hanging up-click. I never said I was. Only that I may. And why would Subway require such a protectionist concession from you, and not extend the same courtesy back? I'm currently waiting (up to 5 days now) for a supervisor to call me back about his. They tend to just bury "incongruities" in their business model rather than respecting the customer and dealing with them. If you have a quality product but shameful customer respect... you have a shameful corporate experience and a bad product. The Subway Gazillionaires need to get a clue as to who put them on easy street.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought a sandwich from Subway for a concert. Came home and put it in the fridge until I was ready to leave. When I was about to leave I took it out of the fridge and unwrapped it. To my horror I found a fly in it. I took a picture of it and threw it away. I went to the store the next morning to report it and show them the picture. The manager wasn't there and the girl in charge didn't know what to do. She did call her manager while I was there and the manager told her that she would call me the next day. I left her my number and my email but never heard from her. I wrote Subway on Thursday and someone called me back on Friday afternoon. I was out of town so I couldn't call her back. She also left a message on my email which I responded to but never heard back from her. This is a horrible experience. This shows me that Subway doesn't care for their customers at all.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On 9-15-18 CT and NY were presented with the worst rainstorm I've ever experienced and I'm 69 yrs old. At 6:08 PM I walked into this store (Subway 40001 3561 Main St, Stratford, Ct) and ordered a foot long sandwich and before I could say which bread I wanted, the young lady said to me. "It has to be on Italian. That's all we have." So I responded by saying, "That's ok but why is that all you have?" She replied, "It's very slow today because of the rain all day so that's the only bread we made." I asked if it was at least fresh and she said yes. I got home and ate my sandwich and the bread was terrible. The girl obviously lied to me when she said it was fresh.

I had been a baker for 30 years and can tell when bread is baked fresh that day. It was dry and crumbly, not the way fresh baked bread should be. I am very disappointed and will never go back there again. They obviously had the bread left over from the previous day and since it was slow all day, they never had the chance to pawn it off on some other unsuspecting customer earlier. I know all of us are in business to make money, but you made $7.49 on me and instead of throwing away a 40 cent 12 inch roll, you lost my business forever.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Lady had attitude. Didn’t listen. Couldn’t even cut sandwiches in half right. Couldn’t hear her. Being rude. Rolling eyes. I don’t want her to take my order but she just had an really ugly attitude. Needs to work on customer service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My work is next to a Subway sandwich shop in north Springville Utah, our employees frequent this store and I have been a fan of Subway for a long time. Well today was the most disgusting experience of any fast food place I have been. The first thing we noticed upon getting into a small line, only two orders were on the work table, one person waiting in front of my colleague and I. The person behind the counter (later found out she was the manager) had stopped taking orders as more people were now getting in line behind us. She had stopped taking orders to sweep up the floor behind the counter without covering the food.

Then she proceeded to take her clip board, paper, pen and a thermometer put them on the work area with out any cover, no gloves and started taking the temperature of the meat in each of the bins. One after the other with no gloves and not cleaning the probe after each bin she would slide the clipboard down the serving area and fill in her charts on the clipboard. All that were in line including us decided to get lunch elsewhere. Before leaving my colleague did kindly ask for the manager, she let him know that she was the manager. When he shared with her why we're not going to have lunch at Subway, she didn't seem to care and suggested we go to McDonald's a block or two down the street. I know the customers that left today will not go back to that particular store, because I like Subway sandwiches I will continue to have it for lunch. Just not at that store. B&B

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Bad experience at Subway Outlet at Novena Square #02-28/29, Singapore. I have various encounters with their bad manners, but I brushed it off most times. However, on this very day on 4 Sep 2018, this staff by the name of Nick. An extremist! Not only he gave me few pathetic pieces of lettuce that I could even count with my fingers initially. When I asked for more, and picked another few more pieces. I was seriously fuming and requested for the 3rd time for more. He literally took out a bunch out of retaliation. What a horrendous behaviour from a service crew! Got to tell him off not to be extreme, his body language toned down after that. RUDE!!! <- Which I wrote in thru their feedback channel.

On this very 2nd occasion, 14 Sep 2018, he happened to be at the store but not as my server, tried taunting me while I was purchasing my sandwich with no other customer around at that time. He kept repeating "sedikit, sedikit, complain" in Malayu meaning "little bit, little bit, complain". This service crew has to be strictly disciplined or TO GO! He's a complete bad image to service line. He has extreme disciplinary and attitude problem. The rest of the staff are still alright - nice, friendly and rather professional. But this NICK guy is just a BIG FAT NO!!! If you can't be polite, don't work in the service industry!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Today I went to the Subway located at the Bergen Town Center Mall in Paramus NJ. I purchased a 12” sub combo for me and daughter. Halfway done my daughter accidentally dropped the cup so I picked it up, cleaned up with my own napkins that I always carry with me because that Subway only gave me one napkin and I asked them if I could please get a clean cup and the lady who claimed to be the owner said “no, I do not give extra cups, I already did inventory and I don't give nothing extra. It not my problem that you dropped it. If you want a drink you need to pay me for the cup or drink from the one that your daughter dropped.”

I told her “I just paid you $16 for my food and you can't give me a cup? If you don't want to give me a regular cup and I at least get a clear cup used for water and get a little bit of juice so my daughter can finish her sandwich?" And she rudely said “no, those cups are only for water”. I felt so frustrated that I just grabbed the rest of the sandwich and left with my daughter. I can't believe the way they treat their customers there and she claimed to be owner.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The ad with the leaf blower blowing open the kids mouth really isn't appetizing and makes me not want to eat there. Anyway the food has gone south in the last five years. Something about the bread. It's awful.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Horrible horrible horrible. We ordered chicken sandwich + iced tea. 8/18/2018 7:15 PM, Roseville on Douglas SUBWAY. I asked if the honey brewed tea was sweetened. Sales gal said yes. Charged the credit card. Tried to fill the tea, got 3/4 full, and it ran out. Went to put ice, and there was no ice. She knew there was no ice. Said ice machine was broken after I complained there was no ice. Trashed the tea and asked for refund. Sales gal said no, I have to drink one of the other soft drinks. She gave me another cup and a stainless steel bin with frozen ice stuck on the bottom, and a plastic spoon to chip the ice out. Could not chip the ice out, but after hitting it few times, got a few ice cubes off the bottom of the stainless steel container.

I can't drink sugar soft drinks so was hoping to tilt the brewed container to get the last of the tea out. No luck. No tea left. Told her there is no tea. She said it would take an hour to brew new tea. Asked for refund again, denied. Left it on the checkout counter and walked out. Will dispute my credit card for this charge. Wife was also unhappy. They handled the sandwiches with bare hands, no clear plastic gloves. Never again. This Subway needs to be shut down or the manager there fired, a gal with an Indian accent, don't have her name. Horrible experience. Never again will we go to subway, anywhere, I don't care if I am starving for a sandwich, no more Subway.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Just stopped by Subway on 200 going into Ocala FL and the bread smelled great. "However" the girl said she can't make sandwiches with it because it has to sit for 2 hours. Can't say I've ever heard of that before. So I can't get my lunch... Unbelievable.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I'm coming from Houston, TX, stopped to pump gas at a Shell store 2764 G Monticello, Fl 32347. Server ** or a least that's what the receipt says. I see a Subway and thought it was a good idea to get something to eat since we still had a drive before getting to my destination. I ordered 3 sandwiches 1 footlong 2 six inch. My son comes in and says he was going to get a foot long as well which he was going to pay. I get my food and walked out to my car, when it finally hits me that I was charged 31.40 so I look at my receipt to see why so much. I was charged for my son's foot long as well which is fine but I turned back to tell him not to pay because it had already been charged on my card. The girl there had already charged him 10 something for a foot long and a drink. When I told her to refund my son's money she said she didn't know how!

I told her to call her manager and ask to get walked through it. Employee states manager did NOT answer. And gave me some number for me to call which I called on the spot and they didn't answer me either. 1. How do I know who's number she really gave me? 2. Who hires someone, trains them to use the register but doesn't show them how to refund money? So I told her to give me another sandwich and she said she couldn't because it was going to mess up her bread count... really? I will NEVER come here again. I think these companies don't understand that as a consumer we have a choice to where we spend our hard earned money.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Subways we ordered were ok but my concern is with the toilet facilities, both in the ladies and the gents toilet - NO SOAP when we visited earlier in the week. I asked for soap and was told there were no supplies on the premises!! Extremely bad especially when you witness a member of staff using the restrooms and knowing that they cannot wash their hands correctly, omg! How shocking!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

This is about the Subway Sandwiches next to Dollar Store on Deer Valley in Antioch, CA. The address is believed to be 3303 Deer Valley Road, Antioch, CA. If that's not the one next to Dollar Store, notify me and I'll correct it. The store phone number is (925) 778-6815. They'll be able to confirm that they are, or are not, the correct store. I believe that they are and I don't wish to speak with these people again myself. My experience with Subway is positive in general, but this review is about a surprisingly negative situation. I feel that it's appropriate to post this story on numerous sites because I've talked with the store owner and he's expressed no interest or concern regarding the behavior of his employees. Issues involved in the story include race hatred at Subway, sanitation, theft by store employees, and broken machines.

If I go to a Subway store, I don’t expect a restaurant-quality experience, but I do expect polite service, a clean and well-maintained store, and to be able to make a purchase pleasantly without an angry person of color taking out the sins of the ** people that she dislikes on me. Many Subway stores are very nice places. The employees are eager to please and not self-righteous. This Subway, not so much. If you’re **, and you go to this Subway store, be prepared for self-righteous diatribes about your insensitivity even if you’ve done nothing wrong and have gone out of your way to be polite. That was the part that led me to lose my own temper when dealing with this person. The last time that I was at this store, I paused on my way out and took the time to talk to a sandwich worker to thank her for her efforts.

But the manager this time --- who I believe had been present on that previous occasion -- lectured me about her perceptions of my perceptions of people of color. She was remarkably pompous for the junior manager --- one who appears to be all of 19 years old -- of a run-down sandwich store with broken equipment and sanitation issues. I'm familiar with civil rights. My experience goes back nearly to the Civil Rights era. Civil Rights doesn't mean mea culpa to a rude and self-righteous child for being **. This was about a broken machine at the Subway store. The equipment at the store in question is poorly maintained. The Health Department needs to look at this; more than one thing may be broken. I’ll file a report with them next week. The manager wasn’t able to provide the meal that I’d paid for.

When I asked for a refund, she was sanctimonious and lectured me about ethnic issues. She declined to return my money and threatened to call the police if I didn’t let her keep it. In short, she committed theft. I said, "I’ll be happy to wait for the police and to charge you with theft." She then returned my money, grudgingly, but added snide remarks as she did so. I don’t think that this is quite the tone that Subway National is seeking from its franchisees. The owner is Indian. He doesn't care about these issues. He prefers Social Justice for Minorities over the business of selling meals in a positive environment. But Social Justice might start with addressing the self-righteous behavior of employees of color who are seeking to get back at ** people.

Resolution response: Sept. 7, 2018

Subway has a new District Manager and she was able to make good their error.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Letter sent to Subway CEO. While my experience relates to this specific order, it has implications for your online ordering system, the reputation of your company, and the way you interact with franchisees and customers. The specifics were that I ordered a sandwich on June 28 to be picked up at 3886 4th Avenue in San Diego. My PayPal account was charged $5.38 and I was instructed to pick up the sandwich at 8:35 PM. When I arrived at the store, it was locked up. I waited 10 minutes and nobody showed up. I returned home and telephoned and the store's voicemail indicated that its mailbox was full. I finally was able to e-mail your customer service and they arranged for the manager to call me back, which he did on the following day. He offered me a $10 gift card in settlement of the account, which I accepted.

As of July 12th, I had not received it and placed a follow-up call to your service people. The woman I spoke with said that HQ could not do anything other than follow up with the store management, which she indicated she would do. As of today, I have not received any compensation. Long story short, there is a trust problem with your payment system. If I walk into the store and place my order there, cash and sandwich exchange hands simultaneously.

The terms on your online ordering system (which otherwise I think is great) are CBD. Ordinarily, when one orders merchandise online, the seller is not permitted to charge the purchaser until the item is shipped. When your franchisee fails to deliver, as owner of the payment system, you need to act as guarantor. I suggest two possible ways to prevent this problem: Require the franchisee to confirm the order. Your system provides a pick-up time; the restaurant owner needs to acknowledge it. Do not charge the customers' accounts until the items are picked up.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Subway Support Sucks. DISCLAIMER: Below is a very (and I mean VERY) detailed review/story of my experience with Subway support. If you'd like to read a summarized version of it, look down towards the bottom. I've pretty much been eating Subway fairly regularly the last 3-5 years. I've always used their rewards program, and it's not the best, but it works. Well, it did. In Subway's recent history, they had the truly brilliant idea of allowing customers to order online or from an app and pick up their order at whatever restaurant they desire, which allowed me to order from Subway more often, which was especially great because I had been trying to eat fewer calories and Subway was my best available option for when I was working.

When I first found out about this new way of ordering ahead, I was all over it, and naturally, I wanted to continue receiving rewards for my purchases. Well, when I tried adding my rewards card to my online profile, it kept telling me my card was already associated with another account, and I had never had an online Subway profile before, so I know I had never connected it to another account. I assumed that the issue was that my rewards card may have been too old for it to be added to an online profile. I've had my card for 3-5 years, and they had made some significant changes to their rewards cards and the reward system in general since I received my card. I figured I could contact their support and figure this issue out, and start receiving rewards for my online orders.

My terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad experience all started with trying to figure out how to contact their support... It looks like they've fixed it since I complained about it, but at the time if you went to Subway.com and scrolled down to the very bottom, select "Contact Us", and then go into the "Contact Us" option on that page, you'd notice that there are about 8 different topics with several random links to general information about each topic, and the only actual contact information was for accessibility help for reading information on the page... I literally had to do a Google search for "how the heck do you contact Subway customer support" to find an email for their support. It did not get any better after this.

To give a sense of time to this whole ordeal, I contacted Subway's support initially on 3/12/18 at 12:03 PM. I received a scripted/automated response back a few hours later, and immediately responded. I told them that their scripted response about rewards cards in general did not help me and I needed further assistance. They did not respond back. I reached out again on 3/28/18 and did not receive any response. During all of this, I was spending roughly $250 per month eating at Subway without receiving rewards.

My second experience with Subway's support came on 6/2/18 when I received an email from Subway asking me to review my recent experience, so I did. I told them that there was a fly flying around the lettuce, and that the lady who helped me was incredibly nice, but I also decided to complain some more about how I couldn't connect my rewards card to my online profile. On 6/3/18 at 10:06 PM I received a lovely response from Tracy, and I felt like all of my problems were going to be resolved. HA! Boy, was I wrong.

In Tracy's response to my review, she told me how sorry she was that I was having problems, that she appreciated my detailed feedback, and that she was going to personally get to the bottom of this. She told me she would be in direct contact with the team who was over the rewards program, and that she'd see that it got resolved. I responded on 6/4/18 telling her how grateful I was for her help, and would await any updates she had for me. I did not hear anything the rest of that month, but Tracy wouldn't leave me hanging would she? She was different than those other customer service representatives, she cared! I knew that Tracy wouldn't just blow me off, so I sent her another email on 7/2/18 at 11:48 AM to see if any progress had been made.

By 7/5 I started to feel forgotten, by 7/12 I felt hopeless, by 7/18 I was heartbroken, and on 7/25 (today) I decided to write this detailed review of my experience. I had literally lost out on over $60 in rewards from buying subway online without a rewards card, and I made a commitment to never eat at Subway again. From this whole experience I have learned that Subway's customer support does not have any focus on customer issues. My issue is as simple as looking up the card, seeing whether or not it is connected to an online profile, and going from there.

That literally takes less than 5 minutes to do on their end, but I was forced to wait 4 months and not get anywhere. If I could give Subway a rating below 0 I would. I've probably spent thousands of dollars at Subway over the years, and when it came down to relying on their support to help me spend more of my money there, they chose to just let me have my issue. It was easier for them to just ignore an issue and lose a customer than it was to simply look into it.

-- SUMMARIZED VERSION -- In summary, I couldn't add my rewards card to my online profile, and contacted Subway's support several times over the course of 4 months to try and get it resolved. Each time I ended up being ignored. I had missed out on over $60 in rewards during that time, and felt like Subway's support didn't ever take my issue seriously. I will never go back to Subway, and wouldn't ever recommend someone else to go there if they have ANY other alternative.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I was looking for an ingredient list. I want to know what they put in their Guacamole (probably not how to spell it). In the past they had avocado, but I found it very bitter. They must have put some chemical in it to keep it green. They should use lemon juice. It tastes better and its healthier.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I'm going to get straight to the point. Subway sandwiches are expensive and full of nothing. It does not matter what bread you pick or what sandwich they make. Every sandwich looks like it's been rolled over by a mac truck and tastes dead like cardboard with some onions and vinegar added. They want you to pay extra for extra meat and even when you would consider to pay extra it's still not a nicely filled sandwich. The workers at every Subway looks like they can care less about what they serve. Only the manager seems to have some sort of enthusiasm about what is being served to the customer but not enough to make a decent sandwich.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My husband and I were in Walmart on 192 building 4400 13th St. Saint Cloud. We decided to stop for a Subway sandwich. Inside the store the young man was busy and suddenly out of nowhere this blonde young lady stepped in. I said, "Hello," and she ignored me then she asked what I was having and I asked for two sandwiches with wheat bread. She cut the bread in two and put the other half back then asked me what I wanted. I specifically said, "Chicken," and so did my husband. She proceeded to put tuna on my bread so I said to her, "I didn't ask for tuna." At this time she was acting very rude and yelling. Threw the bread and said to the young man, "You take these people. I'm not doing anything. I don't understand what they want," and just pushed back and refused to serve us.

Please advised that we are New Yorkers of Spanish descent but speak English very well so there was no reason for her sarcasm. At this time we decided we no longer wanted the sandwich and asked the young man for the manager. Well to our surprise he said in a low voice she was the manager. We walked away and two minutes later I went back to ask for her name. I heard her say, "Here comes those people again." We are seniors residing in Saint Cloud. It was a very degrading experience so everyone can know who she is. Her name is **.

Subway Company Information