2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.5/5 (628 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: June 30, 2021

Subway Restaurant located at: 1641 S. Jefferson Ave., Suite E, St. Louis, MO 63104. This Subway Restaurant gives the best customer service EVER! I live near 2 Subway Restaurant but I only go to this location every chance I get. They really strive to make your sandwich the way YOU like it. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Thank you Subway! In Colorado for helping my bf get me a free sandwhich the other day. I actually was hungry and we were both out of money. It's such a rare thing when a sweet cashier feeds someone for free, but you guys rock!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

So, as I observe ** (owner) toast my sub, he freaking starts sneezes all over the place. He wasn't even wearing a mask. To make matters worse, he takes my sub out the toaster, sets down on the prep counter and began to ask me what toppings I'd want. I just looked at him like **! This owner didn't even excuse himself to go wash his hands, change his gloves or wipe down the equipment where he blow snot all over. And best believe I left that nasty ass sub on that counter and walked out the store. There was a woman (DoorDash/Grub Hub driver) sitting and waiting to pick up an order. She asked me, "Did he just sneezed?" I said, "He sure did and didn't go wash his hands." After a while, I called up Subway. I wanted to get the corporate office information to file a grievance. The owner tells the employee to say he was out. I asked her for the corporate information and she hung up on me. Subway Restaurant 3071 W Shaw Ave. Fresno CA 93711

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I live in Tampa and work in St. Petersburg FL. I order from Subway every weekday for lunch. For the past month or so every order has not been correct for one reason or another, if they don't want you to be able to pick and choose more or less, then don't give the option and if they don't follow special instructions (asked to cut tomatoes in half) then don't have the Special Instructions. That is a no-brainer!! So I sent a complaint email.

They sent me back a "Template Letter" from Julian P. with App Medallia.com (that is who responds to their complaints.) I complained about not getting a "Real Response". I feel if they don't know there is a problem, the problem cannon be fixed. Well don't do that if you still want to order on the App or Online. They blocked me from ordering by locking my cart. I can go online, I can pick my sandwich, but nothing will be added to the cart. Finally - If you like Subway and want to be able to order online or through the app, don't complain or your cart will be locked.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

WAS a regular customer at Subway. The new italian bread is like chewing on cardboard. Bring back the old bread, keep other option for those that like eating cardboard. This bread is like the "new coke". Really a bad move.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Higher prices now, are scared to put beef on the sub. I will be trying other sub shops that serve more meat. I am truly unhappy and not satisfied, especially because of the higher price for less meat.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I visited subways on WS Young in Killeen Texas my way home. A fly was landing on the meat prepared. When I expressed my concern, the female dismissed it. And continued with the customer after me on line. I continued to fan away the fly. The young man acted on my request to wrap the sandwich quick before the fly land on the food. But the female ignored. I bought the food but was too disgusted to eat it, so I throw it away when I got home. We need to do better.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Subway's products are dated and their quality is not good. Jersey Mikes is a better product. I'm also surprised and disappointed that Subway supports Olympic athletes that don't stand for the National Anthem. It's an insult to every American that fought for our Country.

Original review: June 24, 2021

We went in today for lunch and had a horrible experience. First of all they had multiple items that needed to be stocked so we had to wait, which was not too bad. The floors were crazy sticky all over. The absolute worst part was the discussion the two ladies were having out loud. My friend and I had just sat down and took a bite of our sandwich when we hear them talking about how there are roaches all over the place there, on the counters and floors. They kept on and on about it. My friend and I immediately threw our meal in the trash. As we started to walk out I turned back and told one of the girls that it was not a good idea to be saying that out loud while you have customers in store. I told her that should not said at all. One of the girls started in on me saying "every restaurant has a roach problem, this is not the first". She said "there are always roaches everywhere". I said if the place is getting inspected like it should then that shouldn't be an issue.

She proceeded to still say "every place has them". After that she says "I'm the manager and if you have any other questions or concerns you can talk to me about that". I said, "Ok, I am. I am telling you we just heard your conversation and threw away our meal." Her response was "I'm sorry, but like I said every place has them, that's not something you can prevent". This was ridiculous! As a manager you should make sure that the issue is resolved and especially something that serious should be taken care of.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Prestonsburg KY location ice tea machine has been broke for over 8 months. They now offer bottled tea for a hefty price increase. Wait times are In the 20 to 25 minute range. No other cars in drive thru.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Today I stopped by a Subway shop and I saw the new "melt option" for any of the sandwiches. I requested for a Melt Chicken Bacon Ranch. What the preparer did was to cut my 1 foot long sandwich in 2 and keep each piece in a paper bag and put it in the regular oven. I thought at first it was an interesting way to do it. However, I was very disappointed when I sat down to eat my sandwich. The ingredients were not compacted like a melt. In fact, part of the ingredients (chicken, vegies, etc.) where spreaded in the paper bag. I even had to ask for a fork, rip the paper bag and eat all the pieces. I can't believe they even charge an extra $1.00 for this.

Had I asked for just toasted option would have enjoyed more the sandwich and saved $1.00. Why don't they simply invest in a sandwich grilled and press the sandwich so all the ingredients get compacted like a real melt? Honestly Subway is never my first food choice because although their ingredients are good and fresh the assembly of the sandwich is messy. They really should emulate the Italian sub shops.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Can't believe you are using that liberal cry baby that refuses to respect our troop and fallen veterans by taking a knee during the national anthem. She is a national disgrace and so is your company. Never again will I ever step foot in another Subway....

Subway Company Information