3.7/5 (857 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: July 21, 2022

You get the coupons sent to your home which is the reason you go to their establishment. I have 4 of them near me and none of them are accepting the coupon. Doesn't matter if you use the code on the coupon the square with the funny marks. The answer is still the same, well why not send out the coupons to begin with. I think it is false advertising, fraud. It is all to get you to go to the location. Then told that they do not honor the coupon. That you say well and make a purchase. All I can say is 1 of the tactics they are using are obscene, if you are losing customer service SUBWAY, maybe you should look at your practices. There are other places that offer even better sandwhiches, if you honored your word (coupon) then maybe your clientel would increase. I am so done. I will get the ingredient and make it at home. I can make a pretty mean tuna sandwhich myself.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I am getting QUITE FED UP with Subway! In my town of Escanaba Michigan, we have two Subway locations, and both of them now have signs up on their doors saying they are not accepting coupons. Yet I just got some in the mail last week and they don't expire until later in August. I found out about them not accepting coupons because earlier this week I went to one of the locations to get subs for my household for lunch and wanted to use the coupons I had just got in the mail. Only, when I got there and approached the door, I saw the note about the "not accepting coupons," so instead, I went to the Little Ceasers down the street and told them about how I wanted Subway but won't give them MY BUSINESS when they give us coupons that they won't even accept!!! UNREAL!!!...like, WHY SEND PEOPLE COUPONS IF YOU ARE NOT EVEN CREDIBLE OR ETHICAL ENOUGH TO TAKE THEM??!!

So, then I get home on my computer to look up their complaint number, find it, dial it...and all I get was an automated voice saying to visit their website to reach Customer Care!!! I had just been at their website prior to calling and they leave NO PHONE NUMBER TO REACH THEM!!! All they do is allow give you a form to submit online, which they probably will NEVER READ OR ANSWER!!!! This is AMONG THE WORST customer experiences and example of BUSINESS ETHICS that I have EVER SEEN!!! Their corporate needs to go to business school because they are showing by these practices that they are aiming to run SUBWAY RIGHT INTO THE GROUND, rather than make a successful well-liked entity!!!!

Word of mouth and customer dollar votes are the number one determinate of a business' success or failure, my college professors always said. With ethics and service the way Subway is showing, it shows they don't care about their customers, their ethics, their employees, and not even themselves...total lack of care, responsibility, reputation and pride!!! They may think they are cuttings costs and making money now, but given a little time they WILL FOUNDER by treating people as horrible as they are!!! They WILL lose those dollar votes and they WILL piss off enough customers and employees, then those people will talk to their friends and family....and then THOSE people will begin to have bad experiences themselves and they THEY WILL TALK....and so on and so on!!!

Sooner or later they will lose more and more business and profits and their bad reputation will show itself...they will lose in the end if they haven't already started with the problems!!! In fact, they've already LOST MY DOLLAR VOTES!!!...and I've already shared and warned my friends and family, and they are turned off on Subway now also!!!!

Original review: July 13, 2022

I was told by an employee at the Subway on Gilmore Rd in Red Bluff after ordering my food that they are NO longer accepting cash. Well they just lost 12 customers so far. I am sure they are about to lose many many more. Not everyone has credit cards.

Original review: July 4, 2022

The subway in Trussville & Centerpoint parkway are not taking coupons and the bread is very hard. This not good why send out coupons and take them. When you ask them. Say we just not, then my bread was not fresh at all.

Original review: July 2, 2022

Subway has went downhill. I went twice and they messed up my food both times. Once I went and ordered a steak sandwich online got to the restaurant picked it up got home opened my sandwich and it was some roasted chicken crap that I didn’t order. They offered me a coupon for a free sandwich which was nice considering they gave me the complete wrong sandwich. So I tried a Mexicalli sandwich, it was mega disgusting, I threw it away. The avocado was dark brown and tasted as if it went sour and the bacon they put on the sandwich was uncooked. I decided I didn’t want food poisoning so I got rid of it. Will not be going back to Subway any time soon if at all. I mean it is already bad enough they barely give you any meat or cheese, their sandwiches are all toppings but to give me rotten avocado and uncooked bacon is horrible.

Original review: July 1, 2022

The girl and boy were being very rude and touching up on each other while making my sandwich. Sounds fake right but believe me it was true. The boy was very rude and I believe that they should both be fired. Also the manager is disrespectful and needs to be put in his place.

Original review: June 25, 2022

They don't accept own coupons. Not polite and not nice service. I presented coupon valid and they didn't accept and did not sell for advertised price to my daughter. Not polite when I called. Hang up on me.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Numerous bad experiences but ordered delivery once again to use up gift card. 3 items missing and no answer to repeated phone attempts. Tried calling provided number a day later and still no answer. No way to recoup money!

Original review: June 2, 2022

I ordered a veggie patty footlong from Subway for my parents who are vegetarians. Instead got a footlong with veggie patty. On top of that when I called the store to tell them that they had made a mistake, they said “We can’t do anything about it”. I mean how unprofessional can the store management can be. Order number : **. Won't suggest anyone to buy food from Subway till they correct the unprofessional behavior in their stores.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The Subway locations in Forest is terrible. They are not only unsanitary where I have witnessed the owner pick his nose numerous times while handling food, but I have also experienced food poisoning several times there until I just decided to quit purchasing food from this location. The Indian owner knows nothing about professionalism and cleanliness. There’s just better options out there.

Original review: May 11, 2022

The Subway at this address 2740 Braselton Hwy. don’t waste your money at this place. They have poor service, dried out ingredients. The works have no regards for ** customer, was very rude to the point of questioning the genuineness of my money. The sandwich was completely done, but I ended up giving their food back to them, took my money back. I was served at a different subway with the same $10.00 bill with no questions asked. They are racist right to the face.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Don't spend money here please. It's better to make a sandwich homemade. That's why there is heb Wal-mart convenient stores so please just save your money and you will thank me 1 day and I'm always happy to help

Original review: April 2, 2022

Very upset when I look forward to purchasing my favorite turkey sub on Italian bread with the marinated sweet peppers and sweet onion dressing to find out the Italian bread recipe has changed and is now hard as a rock and they changed the dressing by adding teriyaki to it AND they have discontinued the marinated sweet peppers!!! WTH are they thinking?!?! If it's not broke don't fix it! Not everyone likes teriyaki and why on earth would you discontinue the best part of the sun from the sweet, crispy marinated flavoring of Peppers?? And do we all need to break out teeth on the hard bread now? I'm sorry but I will no longer be purchasing anymore subs from subway unless they bring the original items back! You lost a loyal customer for years now...Stop taking things away that folks love!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Subway appears to have a problem with their coupons. They send bunches out and then they are not accepted by stores. One reads about this all the time. My complaint is this: I have received a couple of email offers from Subway stating a buy-one get-one free from the ad or an app. When going to the order, I noted the price seemed high. I got out of the app and went to Subway the normal way and viewed the menu. Yup!!! They were offering me a "deal" but only if I used the elevated pricing on that offer. Isn't that fraud?? There is a Larry's Giant Sub close by. Their sandwiches are better than SUBWAY, and they are not out to continually try and screw their customers.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I went to the Subway on Pembroke Street in Pembroke Ontario, and got my usual footlong cold cut with double meat and bacon, and it was so thin hardly any meat on it. It looked like less than single meat was put on it, I didn't see them make it because I got distracted and was looking elsewhere, this restaurant usually is pretty good, but it was a kid that made it this time, I was thinking he was a trainee but no one was training him. I wish I would have watched him make it. I have pictures of the sandwich as well, and the receipt showing it was suppose to be double meat. I will never go back to that Subway again. I contacted the customer service and they wouldn't let me show the pictures, and I got a scripted email from them saying sorry, and nothing else. I checked the BBB and saw many complaints about different Subway restaurants, about people getting ripped off and very poor customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Bread is not as good as it used to be. It seems less substantial and gets soggy long before the sandwich is finished. The meat and vegetables are still fresh but that makes little difference when the bread does not hold up.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I live in Peru, but the Subway here served me meatball sandwich that had dirt in it. You know it is dirt when it grinds on your teeth. I had to throw it way. I won't be going there anymore. Never again!!!

Original review: March 18, 2022

Congratulations to the genius that add teriyaki sauce to the onion sweet, he was smoking something, what a mess horrible!!!! For sure you trashed it. Must be. Return it to original flavor and recipe asap.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Subway has always been my healthy, fast, go to meal place. Subway is always busy when I visit, but usually the employees are quick and speedy about getting people in and out. I like that you can build your own sandwich if you want, places like Subs only give specific sandwich options. All of the ingredients are super fresh and I have never had a bad sandwich from Subway. But sometimes it takes a little long to get my order. Overall, Subway is still one of my all time favorite restaurants that I usually run to for lunch. I would say 100% of the time I get perfect, fast, and friendly service. The sandwich is always so good. :)

Original review: March 6, 2022

Quit patronizing Subway's 2 years ago when I placed an order on line and after payment confirmed their website 'failed' and even though I had receipt via email they would not give me my order or refund because they said the order never came through their system. I just placed my first order AFTER 2 years, and got down there and it wasn't ready because they were out of something on each of 3 items ordered. So no more chances for them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I went to Subway the sales girl told me to order in app and get a discount. But when I ordered and paid the discount did not apply. And she says I don’t know and again I paid in store and try to cancel the order but I don’t get my money back yet from subway. Worst app and customer service from the corporate office. I hate subway.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I was eating salad there every day till no feta cheese and no dining in. I stood outside and ate my salad without feta. Disappointed with what they have for me. I'm on foot and have to eat standing up. Homeless and low life just help themselves to soda.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Went into my local Subway. Been a Subway customer for decades and staff often find regular customers a problem since a regular customer usually knows how things should be done. Ordered a Cold Cut Combo. Watched the sandwich prep and only two thin slices of one meat was put on the sandwich when there was other meat in the same pan used for cold cut combo prep. Where is the combo? I asked about the other meat since the sandwich was looking very anemic and would almost qualify as a vegetarian sandwich as it was. I was told "oh, we have changed and now all the meats are combined in one and that is the slice I put on your sandwich."

Well, I had been told this once before, then another visit told that was not right. That there are multiple meats to be put on the sandwich and now back to no, only one slice that combines all the meats. WHAT? So, I asked the prepper what the other meat in the cold cut combo pan was for and he said, "I don't know but this is how we do it now." I asked the second fellow behind the counter and his response was "look man, I really don't care!" I asked him his name and he said "you go figure it out!" Never going back. Will never suggest any one else go there either. Store: Subway #42214-0 760 Warrior Drive Suite 1, Stephens City, VA 22655. Served by 25, 1/19/2022, 1603hrs, Terminal ID 1/A-17918, Host Order ID **

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

They messed the order up, wasn't even close to what was ordered. Very disappointed. I won't be going back. Wasn't the right meat, veggies or sauce, not even the right bread. What a ** up. If the employee isn't trained they should not be left alone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I purchase a gift card for my granddaughter stocking. I paid cash, the card was not loaded properly by the staff and they have no way of checking video surveillance that far, so beware when buying a gift card at the subway on commercial in Vancouver. Now I have to purchase another card. That free 6 inch when you buy a gift card was the most expensive sub ever. Lesson learn. Keep your receipts.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

They took away anything and everything that’s actually good. They sell Italian subs but no Italian dressing. They never have soup. Their times are never what they say they’re going to be. Subway has gone to straight **.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have never understood why people eat Subway. Their meats have always been sub par by far. When consumers hear fresh ingredients, I believe they also assume the word natural comes with that. When you announce as they did a few yrs back that they were going to upgrade their quality of meats, it's as if they wanted praise for it making a big show of it and what not. Really though it's like you've been selling us garbage all these years. Who wants to eat your food anyways. Also after all this there was DNA testing done on multiple fast food chicken products and all of them came back with an 85% or above due to common loss adding preservatives and such, but subway was in the 40-60% range of chicken DNA with the rest being a soy additive. That's gross. That's the farthest thing from quality I could possibly think of.

I've always hated subway and had a hard time finding anything on their menu I find palatable especially when compared to other sub restaurants. It's really not even a contest. Even Jimmy John's is better than subway and their subs are trash. Subway was smart the way they got their foot in the door early because consumers like familiar products because if it were solely based on quality and taste subway would easily be deemed the little Caesars of sub shops but with a higher price for no reason at all. I just thought I'd take the time to say that subway is a terrible company and has an awful product. By having more locations than other more quality sub shops has to barely be surviving. Could be the same formula as McDonald's. Location+familiarity+low cost product= the capability to stick around long enough to make a dollar. The longer they stay the more the formula feeds itself. If consumers don't care what they put in their bodies then companies like this will always be around.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

This was my favorite Subway, I went so often the would start fixing my order when they saw my car. The people were AMAZING, considerate and friendly! But something has changed! New people, rude, eye rolling, not even close to friendly! The past 4 times I’ve gone they haven’t had something, like no onions, no pickles etc... Now there is a grocery store less than a mile away. I don’t think anyone there realizes you can go buy those things within walking distance of that store. Surely Subway would rather spend some cash than be out of something almost everyday! The girl said we’re only out of onions today everything else is on there.... very proud... seriously!?! This can’t be the way subway wants to have their Brand thought of. I called an order in one day. The girl told me she was too busy could I call back in 15 min. Called back but she needed 25 more min. I went elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I have emailed Subway corporate several times in regards to tokens, I have been to their website and filled out missing tokens. Not once was I ever acknowledged or contacted in any way to resolve this situation. Very disappointed in the way Subway values their customers. I will certainly mirror that anytime I am looking for a place to eat for lunch or dinner.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I used the subway to purchase a sub and a few days later I had 9 charges on my account from a Subway store in a different state! I did not authorize the charges and I had to cancel my card and now wait for my bank to refund me over $200! I will never use the app again and I suggest that nobody else does either. This is very inconvenient for me and I will not ever go to subway again!

Subway Company Information