Subway

• 7%
  • 15%
  • 59%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Sandwich maker had the personality of the tuna sandwich I had. Maybe that why the amount of tuna on my sandwich looked like it was put on with a paintbrush. Nowhere near the amount of tuna they used to put on. Very disappointed. Harrisburg NC

Reviewed May 3, 2024

The employee was sweating and wiping his forehead then made my sandwich without changing gloves. Vegetables were warm. Cookies under cooked. Nobody spoke English. Worst Subway experience ever. Air-conditioning was off.

Price

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Tonight was a great reminder of why I will never go back to Subway... $18.78 for a footling, chips, and a drink! You're not a nice sit down restaurant... You're also definitely not worth more than $15.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

I ordered a plain turkey sub with mayo, tomato and cheese. The sandwich had a tuna fish taste to it because I'm sure they use the same knife that they use in a tuna fish to spread the Mayo on the bread. Very disappointing. So I guess that's why I'll continue with Jersey Mike's much higher quality or and Jimmy John's too.

CoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I visited this restaurant twice on this day. Once at 1:30 pm and again at 7:40 pm and ordered the same thing as I do four times or more a week: 6 in. Tuna, chips and two cookies. At the 1:30 pm visit, I was charged $9.17; and at the 7:40 pm visit I was charged $9,28! This has happened before, but what is the reason you are not consistent in your pricing? I go to this restaurant a lot, and rarely complain, but I sent a remark in on 4/8/24 concerning the skimping on the meats, a known problem at this restaurant. The restaurant now covers the meats and cheeses, so we cannot always see the served putting those items on the sandwiches, but when I stood on my toes and looked over the barrier, I saw he was putting a scoop and a half on the sandwich which is less than advertised, I said "couldn't you put a bit more on that"?

When I went to pay, my bill was $10.53, for the same items listed above that I always buy. I asked why, and he said he put another scoop on the sandwich and that was a dollar more. I said. "I did not ask for another scoop. Only the regular scoops you provide." He just shrugged! Adding items to the sandwich without telling the customer there is a charge is against the law.

Reviewed April 14, 2024

Tried the deal on footlongs so took opportunity to try the 4 new flavors and in the years of enjoying subs these 4 ended in the garbage. Not 1 person finished or enjoyed them. Not sure if St. Anne's location made them wrong or if they are just a huge disappointment. We all had irritated stomachs so very happy we didn't Finish them. Again not certain if it's just the st anne's location but as a customer not impressed. Again rare that all 4 had issues.

Reviewed March 29, 2024

I am sitting in the parking lot at 1558 Union Subway very disappointed. Upon first arrival, the EMPLOYEE has on an oversized purple BONNET ON HER HEAD! Who manages this location? This is TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLASSLESS! Before I could even tell her nevermind, she informs me they are taking cash only, the credit card machine down. Ok, that's fine, things happen, but her appearance was UNACCEPTABLE! I don't think I should come to get lunch and you look like you've just got out the bed.

Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 26, 2024

Your app SUCKS!!! It does not work with various restaurants I have tried. Your coupons are a scam because the restaurants say they can take them or their system doesn't work with them. Subway has become total crap and waste of time. Will not ever try again.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 25, 2024

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO CONTACT SUBWAY CUSTOMER SERVICE. Not only can you not talk to a live person they will not respond to emails either. I was charged 3 different prices at a single SUBWAY on 3 consecutive visits when I ordered the SAME items even though they labeled the items differently. I have receipts for 2 of the 3 visits. I've emailed SUBWAY 3 times beginning on 1/19/24 and not even received a single response. I emailed the District Manager. He he didn't respond either.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I received a sheet of discount coupons for Subway in the mail. The coupons were supposed to be valid until 4/11/2024. I clipped out a coupon for 2 footlong subs for #12.99. I went to the Subway in Kemah Texas and ordered 2 footlongs. I showed them the coupon when I ordered. They prepared my order and when they rang it up on the register it would not accept the coupon. My 2 footlongs for $12.99 cost me $20.87. I will never ever do business with Subway again.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I love Subway's food and freshness. My concern lies with the owners. Why would you put an option to tip your sandwich artist? I do tip but I feel like you should be paying your sandwich artist enough where they don’t have tip option. I tip because I know you don’t pay enough and now you are trying to normalize it by adding it into the app itself. I would be embarrassed if I was an owner. Also, your prices are reasonable as long as you run the buy one get one free foot-long frequently as you have been.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed March 7, 2024

I purchased a Subway 6" turkey at the Subway on 735 Markland St in Markham, ON. The normal price is 7.69, as I get this subway sub all the time. Two older men served me; they seemed to be the owners. They ring up 8.99 for the sub with 10 cent bag fee. The place was busy, so I didn't want to make a scene, so I paid. I then filled out two complaints on Subway's website, and no one has responded or offered my overcharge back. They completely ignored me. I know these men overcharged me on purpose because they were not new employees. Shame on you. Prices are high enough, and I chose to spend my money at your establishment. Never again.

Online & App

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2024

Although I love Subway itself the online experience on several occasions has driven me to a different store. Primarily because the site is always very, very slow to respond and that is assuming that it does. I feel like they are waving a carrot in front of me that I can never get because of the very good special offers only for online ordering only that you can't always get because the site won't work properly.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2024

Lexington, SC: I placed an order thru the app. I was about 10 minutes early. All 3 of the employees were rude and said, "Nothing we can do for you, you'll just have to wait." I told them to cancel it because I didn't have time to wait, showed them the order on my app, and they refused to even make it early. I went right over to Publix and got an even better sub. This is why I don't bother with Subway, and definitely never will again.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2023

All the veggies were watered logged & frozen. Turkey so thin. Size 2 was jealous. Improve the quality & quantity of the food. Not ads & your pockets. Invest in your product & the rest will come. Simple.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2023

I order 5 sandwiches. The ordering experience is horrible. You don’t have the options of selections as you do in the store. I ordered five sandwiches. One was not complete with a Philly cheese sandwich or anything on. It was just a steak. The other side cheese steak I had ordered extra cheese, which I was charged for. I ordered jalapeño peppers, which was extra. I did not receive those. All the sandwiches all five sandwiches for the thinnest sandwiches I have ever seen at a Subway location and I visit there often. Should be here any minute. So the online service I will not be using again. When I go back, I will be using the in person, ordering to sure that my sandwich is made as requested.

I have pictures to show the sandwiches which is totally unbelievable. It was not an enjoyable experience by sandwiches. We did not know which one was which. They only had numbers on them. 12345 so we have to personally open each sandwich to find out whose sandwich goes to which person which is not sanitary. Very disappointed in the service.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2023

I've bought subs on Jewell for 10 years and watched them make it and they were okay. Now there's a big metal plate hiding the food. Currently the sandwiches are lacking the meat and cheese they once had. Last time there was no cheese! I'm done with Subway!

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2023

Never received my avocado that I paid for on 2 foot long subs. I never received a response from head office. Years ago the food clerk called me a bloody customer. It's impossible to contact head office and get a reply.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2023

I ordered my food and quickly noticed it tasted fishy. I don't eat seafood and didn't order any. Initially, upon inspection, I didn't find the reason for the fishy taste. I chalked it up to the girl not changing her gloves. But the taste continued even on my 3rd bite and was making me feel sick. I found the moldy cucumbers and went discreetly to a server. She apologized for it and immediately went to the cucumber bin to check them. She found many pieces which contained mold and was tossing them in the trash bin as she found them. I just patiently waited with the salad still in my hands. She noticed and asked me if I needed something. I said, "Yes, please." She said she could throw the salad away for me. I thanked her. Thinking she would make me a new one I stood waiting.

She went about her work and then finally asked me if there was something else she could do for me. I told her that I had paid for a salad and at the least wanted a salad without cucumbers. Although my appetite was completely gone, I didn't think it fair that I paid to eat mold and then tossed a full salad and no refund was offered. She asked her manager which witnessed all that had happened. Her manager reluctantly agreed to replace the salad, speaking as if she was doing me a favor. I could tell the server would have treated me better if her manager wasn't there.

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

Ordered a salad along with a few others in the office. 2 out of the 3 of us, the order was wrong. All of us felt as though there was NO lettuce on the salad. The bowl was 1/2 full! Again asked for the dressing to be on the side, as I ordered 2 and wanted to mix them but the entire salad was doused in both dressings. Why is there a place for "directions" or comments if no one reads them. This is the last time we're getting salads from here. For what it's worth, what I did have for salad tasted great, but it could have fed my grandchild as a side salad.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

I've had worse customer service experiences, but it's been a very long time. During the process of checking out my 3 foot longs they cancelled and let another customer go in front of me without explanation. Corporate will not address my complaint as I have filled out their online form several times already. Guessing that Subway really doesn't care about customer service anymore.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

Springfield Co, I was ignored & laughed at. I knew the employee & MGMT did nothing. This happened in August 2023. I love the food but the rudeness isn't worth it. Mgmt needs improvement. Very poor customer service skills.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2023

Seems like Subway subs get skinnier and skinnier each visit, and the price increases constantly. Meatballs get smaller and the local Subway is very stingy with condiments. Most local subways do not accept any coupons.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2023

Subway sends out coupons. None of their stores take it. Awfully far away from me to drive to be told, "No we don’t." I want a explanation on why they don’t accept but send them out. Is this a joke? They have all these people rich make them money. What about the customer?

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

I ordered the Italian BMT Meats sub, I don’t like vegetables so I only asked to add mayo. They put one Slice of cheese, one slice of pepperoni and one slice of Black Forest ham, also The presentation of the sub was extremely poor, it’s clear that whoever put it together rather be home than working. I also ordered a tuna sub for my husband the tuna was barely seen it was more like a vegetable sub. I am extremely disappointed.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

I have always enjoyed the food I got at Subway but Customer Service on their website has disappeared. They used to have a phone line for problems but now the only option is an online form which, when submitted, will result in an automatic form acknowledgment of receipt and then nothing. Ever. My problem started when I tried to take advantage of an email offer (BOGO) which was only valid if I placed my order online. I found a participating location, selected my food and tried to place my order. I immediately got a message that there was a problem with my credit card. I tried again...Same result.

I tried a second card and had the same problem. I called the credit card company which told me the card was fine but that Subway was charging my card for the order then immediately submitting a reversal or credit. In addition, I had a $2 reward which was applied to my order but which was not returned when they cancelled the order. So much for their loyalty program. I contacted Subway through their Contact link on the website three weeks ago and have heard absolutely nothing from them since (other than the aforementioned generic auto-response). They have lost my business for good.

Coverage

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2023

It wasn't good at all. Someone should sell grandma's meatball recipe to Subway. Meatballs need flavor, the sauce, add ingredients just don't cover the lack of meatball flavor. What's it take to throw some spices in the balls.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

I’m baffled as to why a turkey wrap is $13 and some change. It’s far less food than a half a sub as well as less than a full 12 inch. If I knew I would waste money on a joke of a wrap I would have gone to an actual sit-down restaurant, ordered a sandwich with a side. And they wouldn’t have tried to ruin it with cheese or try to kill me with undercooked bacon. If you can hold it in one hand and close your hand around it with space to spare then they may want to rethink prices as well as adding more meat inside. Since it’s all gone after 2-3 bites and you're left with the bread and veggies pushed to the ends.

So $13 for 4-6 bites that are actually what you ordered. All the rest is garbage. Forget about asking for crispy bacon. Apparently they don’t know what that means (but no worries 90% of places have no idea what to do when someone asks for that.) Needless to say I won’t be going back to waste money on something that is a complete waste of money and time. My dogs did enjoy the “food”.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Food is decent. And when actually visiting the store, folks are nice and service good. My issue is with their online ordering system, app and customer support. Ordering via their website is ridiculous. I've tried Firefox, Edge and Chrome, all with the same issues.

Two primary problems: 1. I place an order online and am brought right back to my cart, which still has the items I ordered in it. Payment processes but no actual order is issued. I've tried this at least a dozen times with different browsers mentioned above, at different times, etc., all with the same result. Upshot: I can no longer place an online order. It seems that their payment system will, in a day or so, automatically refund the charge. How thoughtful.

2. This is an older issue: The system will randomly edit my order, removing items from my sub, chips, whatever. I don't find out until I receive my order. I'm charged for what they sent me, but it's still not what I ordered. 3. Subway's support is non-existent. After sending more than 6 requests for support, I received no response. Zippo, nada. I spoke with an area manager but that didn't change anything or help. I used to think Subway was pretty cool -- I'm vegetarian and it's nice to be able to get a decent veggie sub, but I'm kinda done with this outfit. They clearly don't care about their customers.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Subway subs are disgusting. They’re all the same. Watched the person making the subs collect money at the cash register never change his gloves and then just continued making sandwiches. So everything was contaminated between the bread, cheese, the meat, all the vegetables. It’s a dirty place. Any restaurant that as the same person that’s working the cash register and preparing and making the food AK subway sandwiches. It’s just disgusting. Watch that happen and would never eat at a sandwich shop again. That cross contaminated by having their cash register and your food making right next to each other and they have the same people rotating the money and making the food and it’s all disgusting and dirty.

Subway Company Information