3.7/5 (417 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: March 19, 2022

I live in Peru, but the Subway here served me meatball sandwich that had dirt in it. You know it is dirt when it grinds on your teeth. I had to throw it way. I won't be going there anymore. Never again!!!

Original review: March 18, 2022

Congratulations to the genius that add teriyaki sauce to the onion sweet, he was smoking something, what a mess horrible!!!! For sure you trashed it. Must be. Return it to original flavor and recipe asap.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Subway has always been my healthy, fast, go to meal place. Subway is always busy when I visit, but usually the employees are quick and speedy about getting people in and out. I like that you can build your own sandwich if you want, places like Subs only give specific sandwich options. All of the ingredients are super fresh and I have never had a bad sandwich from Subway. But sometimes it takes a little long to get my order. Overall, Subway is still one of my all time favorite restaurants that I usually run to for lunch. I would say 100% of the time I get perfect, fast, and friendly service. The sandwich is always so good. :)

Original review: March 6, 2022

Quit patronizing Subway's 2 years ago when I placed an order on line and after payment confirmed their website 'failed' and even though I had receipt via email they would not give me my order or refund because they said the order never came through their system. I just placed my first order AFTER 2 years, and got down there and it wasn't ready because they were out of something on each of 3 items ordered. So no more chances for them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I went to Subway the sales girl told me to order in app and get a discount. But when I ordered and paid the discount did not apply. And she says I don’t know and again I paid in store and try to cancel the order but I don’t get my money back yet from subway. Worst app and customer service from the corporate office. I hate subway.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I was eating salad there every day till no feta cheese and no dining in. I stood outside and ate my salad without feta. Disappointed with what they have for me. I'm on foot and have to eat standing up. Homeless and low life just help themselves to soda.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Went into my local Subway. Been a Subway customer for decades and staff often find regular customers a problem since a regular customer usually knows how things should be done. Ordered a Cold Cut Combo. Watched the sandwich prep and only two thin slices of one meat was put on the sandwich when there was other meat in the same pan used for cold cut combo prep. Where is the combo? I asked about the other meat since the sandwich was looking very anemic and would almost qualify as a vegetarian sandwich as it was. I was told "oh, we have changed and now all the meats are combined in one and that is the slice I put on your sandwich."

Well, I had been told this once before, then another visit told that was not right. That there are multiple meats to be put on the sandwich and now back to no, only one slice that combines all the meats. WHAT? So, I asked the prepper what the other meat in the cold cut combo pan was for and he said, "I don't know but this is how we do it now." I asked the second fellow behind the counter and his response was "look man, I really don't care!" I asked him his name and he said "you go figure it out!" Never going back. Will never suggest any one else go there either. Store: Subway #42214-0 760 Warrior Drive Suite 1, Stephens City, VA 22655. Served by 25, 1/19/2022, 1603hrs, Terminal ID 1/A-17918, Host Order ID **

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

They messed the order up, wasn't even close to what was ordered. Very disappointed. I won't be going back. Wasn't the right meat, veggies or sauce, not even the right bread. What a ** up. If the employee isn't trained they should not be left alone.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I purchase a gift card for my granddaughter stocking. I paid cash, the card was not loaded properly by the staff and they have no way of checking video surveillance that far, so beware when buying a gift card at the subway on commercial in Vancouver. Now I have to purchase another card. That free 6 inch when you buy a gift card was the most expensive sub ever. Lesson learn. Keep your receipts.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

They took away anything and everything that’s actually good. They sell Italian subs but no Italian dressing. They never have soup. Their times are never what they say they’re going to be. Subway has gone to straight **.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I have never understood why people eat Subway. Their meats have always been sub par by far. When consumers hear fresh ingredients, I believe they also assume the word natural comes with that. When you announce as they did a few yrs back that they were going to upgrade their quality of meats, it's as if they wanted praise for it making a big show of it and what not. Really though it's like you've been selling us garbage all these years. Who wants to eat your food anyways. Also after all this there was DNA testing done on multiple fast food chicken products and all of them came back with an 85% or above due to common loss adding preservatives and such, but subway was in the 40-60% range of chicken DNA with the rest being a soy additive. That's gross. That's the farthest thing from quality I could possibly think of.

I've always hated subway and had a hard time finding anything on their menu I find palatable especially when compared to other sub restaurants. It's really not even a contest. Even Jimmy John's is better than subway and their subs are trash. Subway was smart the way they got their foot in the door early because consumers like familiar products because if it were solely based on quality and taste subway would easily be deemed the little Caesars of sub shops but with a higher price for no reason at all. I just thought I'd take the time to say that subway is a terrible company and has an awful product. By having more locations than other more quality sub shops has to barely be surviving. Could be the same formula as McDonald's. Location+familiarity+low cost product= the capability to stick around long enough to make a dollar. The longer they stay the more the formula feeds itself. If consumers don't care what they put in their bodies then companies like this will always be around.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

This was my favorite Subway, I went so often the would start fixing my order when they saw my car. The people were AMAZING, considerate and friendly! But something has changed! New people, rude, eye rolling, not even close to friendly! The past 4 times I’ve gone they haven’t had something, like no onions, no pickles etc... Now there is a grocery store less than a mile away. I don’t think anyone there realizes you can go buy those things within walking distance of that store. Surely Subway would rather spend some cash than be out of something almost everyday! The girl said we’re only out of onions today everything else is on there.... very proud... seriously!?! This can’t be the way subway wants to have their Brand thought of. I called an order in one day. The girl told me she was too busy could I call back in 15 min. Called back but she needed 25 more min. I went elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I have emailed Subway corporate several times in regards to tokens, I have been to their website and filled out missing tokens. Not once was I ever acknowledged or contacted in any way to resolve this situation. Very disappointed in the way Subway values their customers. I will certainly mirror that anytime I am looking for a place to eat for lunch or dinner.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I used the subway to purchase a sub and a few days later I had 9 charges on my account from a Subway store in a different state! I did not authorize the charges and I had to cancel my card and now wait for my bank to refund me over $200! I will never use the app again and I suggest that nobody else does either. This is very inconvenient for me and I will not ever go to subway again!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I used the Subway app on my phone to deliver Subway to my mom in a assisted living facility in Mobile, Alabama, I ordered a sandwich, cookies, chips, and a Sprite. I ordered it from Subway!!! Sprite and chips were not delivered. Called manager of store. Was told that the GM said it was Doordash responsibility to get drink and chips and was told to call them, have a nice day and hung up. She did this after I told her I ordered from them and they need to take care of it, I was told, "No"!!!!

I called back and got GM phone number. She argued with me about it being Subway's responsibility and told me many times I was wrong, I continued to tell her she needed to get my mom her food I paid for from them. She stated it wasn't her responsibility and it was Doordash, I ordered my food from Subway, it is their responsibility! Did Subway get the order? Yes, what is next? They going to have Doordash making the sandwiches also.

If this was for me it would be no big deal. But I ordered this food for my mother who can't drive and is in a chair. She told me, "Have a nice day," and hung up on me. I called GM again to get her boss number. She told me she isn't going to give it to me and told me she didn't hang up on me. She said, "Have a nice day..." She also in conversation said her boss was a her not him. I didn't say him. I said, "Your boss." This lady was so rude. Told me she isn't at work right now and she is off!!!! Her name is Rebecca **. Phone number **.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

On December 9, 2021 placed an online order for the store located at 6610 S Tucson Blvd. The order was 2 foot long sandwiches, 4 cookies, 1 bag of chips, 1 soda. Drove to the store to pick up the order through the drive thru and the employee saw me while she was putting a sweatshirt. She looked at me and then walked away. After a couple minutes pass I peeked through the window from my car and she was sitting down chitchatting with another employee. I honked the horn to catch their attention.

When she finally comes to the window she acted disgusted as if I was bothering her so she opened the window and said, "Yes" to what I said, "I been waiting at the window" and she didn't understand what I said. I told her to pick up an online order. She close the window, walked away and comes back with 2 sandwiches and handed them to me and said, "Here you go." She was about to walk away again when I told her that I was missing cookies, chip and soda. She comes back with rest of it and I left.

I went home to try to enjoy my meal and to my disappointment the order was WRONG!!!. So I went back this time inside the store and tell them the order was wrong. There were 2 female employees with an attitude. She asked what was wrong, one sandwich had spinach and the 2nd sandwich had pickles. So she unwrapped it and start looking at it. Then she read the online order to compared it and she had the audacity to said "IT WAS ALMOST RIGHT."

She started to prepare a new sandwich with an attitude and talking back to me while I was telling her that I wouldn't be there if she would had done it right the first time. I asked her why she was talking back to me with an attitude. I just waited for her to finish making the sandwiches so I could leave and never to return. This was the worst experience. Subway lost a customer thanks to lazy employees that don't do their job right, neither acknowledge you because they are too busy to do that or to apologize for their mistake even worse to say thank you.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

felt like I was at a feedlot or school lunch with the Subway employees slapping on the sloppy work. The manager was a witch. Easy to see her employees did not like working for her. She would not toast my flat bread for any second longer than normal. Then Subway ask for a tip? WTF! What other fast food asks for a tip?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The flat bread and the Italian bread after the pandemic are very hard and rubbery. The people who actually knew how to bake the breads right are gone, now the bread really sucks! The Subway way in Norman OK 311 12th Ave. SE is the worst. The flat bread had really hard pieces on the ends. Could damage a tooth if you are not careful.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I went to this restaurant thinking to have a nice dinner, I went inside to get help with my order that I have to do online. The order is complete with his help but other guy shows up Abheshek & turns my evening my experience with this restaurant upside down, this guy doesn’t care if he will lose customer. He pointed and yell at me and upset me more that I promise to share all my frustration about how bad he handle my experience. The toppings are not expensive that it matters to him than gaining my loyalty as a customer. So sad and bad that I and my family will never ever coming back.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I tried the Tuna Melt today. Yuck! It was not warm, the cheese was not melted, the bread tasted like microwave bread. It came thrown in a brown bag not wrapped up and it was generally nasty. Don't eat this.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I use to eat at Subway 4 times a week until I heard that a woman warned Subway on multiple occasions and warned subway of Child molester Jared who was their spokesman. Since I heard this I stopped eating Subway for life. It is unfortunate that all Subways are franchises but too bad. Corporate gets a cut and that is enough for me to quit eating Subway for life.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

So, as I observe ** (owner) toast my sub, he freaking starts sneezes all over the place. He wasn't even wearing a mask. To make matters worse, he takes my sub out the toaster, sets down on the prep counter and began to ask me what toppings I'd want. I just looked at him like **! This owner didn't even excuse himself to go wash his hands, change his gloves or wipe down the equipment where he blow snot all over. And best believe I left that nasty ass sub on that counter and walked out the store. There was a woman (DoorDash/Grub Hub driver) sitting and waiting to pick up an order. She asked me, "Did he just sneezed?" I said, "He sure did and didn't go wash his hands." After a while, I called up Subway. I wanted to get the corporate office information to file a grievance. The owner tells the employee to say he was out. I asked her for the corporate information and she hung up on me. Subway Restaurant 3071 W Shaw Ave. Fresno CA 93711

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I live in Tampa and work in St. Petersburg FL. I order from Subway every weekday for lunch. For the past month or so every order has not been correct for one reason or another, if they don't want you to be able to pick and choose more or less, then don't give the option and if they don't follow special instructions (asked to cut tomatoes in half) then don't have the Special Instructions. That is a no-brainer!! So I sent a complaint email.

They sent me back a "Template Letter" from Julian P. with App Medallia.com (that is who responds to their complaints.) I complained about not getting a "Real Response". I feel if they don't know there is a problem, the problem cannon be fixed. Well don't do that if you still want to order on the App or Online. They blocked me from ordering by locking my cart. I can go online, I can pick my sandwich, but nothing will be added to the cart. Finally - If you like Subway and want to be able to order online or through the app, don't complain or your cart will be locked.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

WAS a regular customer at Subway. The new italian bread is like chewing on cardboard. Bring back the old bread, keep other option for those that like eating cardboard. This bread is like the "new coke". Really a bad move.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Higher prices now, are scared to put beef on the sub. I will be trying other sub shops that serve more meat. I am truly unhappy and not satisfied, especially because of the higher price for less meat.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I visited subways on WS Young in Killeen Texas my way home. A fly was landing on the meat prepared. When I expressed my concern, the female dismissed it. And continued with the customer after me on line. I continued to fan away the fly. The young man acted on my request to wrap the sandwich quick before the fly land on the food. But the female ignored. I bought the food but was too disgusted to eat it, so I throw it away when I got home. We need to do better.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Subway's products are dated and their quality is not good. Jersey Mikes is a better product. I'm also surprised and disappointed that Subway supports Olympic athletes that don't stand for the National Anthem. It's an insult to every American that fought for our Country.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Subway Restaurant located at: 1641 S. Jefferson Ave., Suite E, St. Louis, MO 63104. This Subway Restaurant gives the best customer service EVER! I live near 2 Subway Restaurant but I only go to this location every chance I get. They really strive to make your sandwich the way YOU like it. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Thank you Subway! In Colorado for helping my bf get me a free sandwhich the other day. I actually was hungry and we were both out of money. It's such a rare thing when a sweet cashier feeds someone for free, but you guys rock!

Original review: June 24, 2021

We went in today for lunch and had a horrible experience. First of all they had multiple items that needed to be stocked so we had to wait, which was not too bad. The floors were crazy sticky all over. The absolute worst part was the discussion the two ladies were having out loud. My friend and I had just sat down and took a bite of our sandwich when we hear them talking about how there are roaches all over the place there, on the counters and floors. They kept on and on about it. My friend and I immediately threw our meal in the trash. As we started to walk out I turned back and told one of the girls that it was not a good idea to be saying that out loud while you have customers in store. I told her that should not said at all. One of the girls started in on me saying "every restaurant has a roach problem, this is not the first". She said "there are always roaches everywhere". I said if the place is getting inspected like it should then that shouldn't be an issue.

She proceeded to still say "every place has them". After that she says "I'm the manager and if you have any other questions or concerns you can talk to me about that". I said, "Ok, I am. I am telling you we just heard your conversation and threw away our meal." Her response was "I'm sorry, but like I said every place has them, that's not something you can prevent". This was ridiculous! As a manager you should make sure that the issue is resolved and especially something that serious should be taken care of.

Subway Company Information