3.2/5 (389 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The flat bread and the Italian bread after the pandemic are very hard and rubbery. The people who actually knew how to bake the breads right are gone, now the bread really sucks! The Subway way in Norman OK 311 12th Ave. SE is the worst. The flat bread had really hard pieces on the ends. Could damage a tooth if you are not careful.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I went to this restaurant thinking to have a nice dinner, I went inside to get help with my order that I have to do online. The order is complete with his help but other guy shows up Abheshek & turns my evening my experience with this restaurant upside down, this guy doesn’t care if he will lose customer. He pointed and yell at me and upset me more that I promise to share all my frustration about how bad he handle my experience. The toppings are not expensive that it matters to him than gaining my loyalty as a customer. So sad and bad that I and my family will never ever coming back.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I tried the Tuna Melt today. Yuck! It was not warm, the cheese was not melted, the bread tasted like microwave bread. It came thrown in a brown bag not wrapped up and it was generally nasty. Don't eat this.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I use to eat at Subway 4 times a week until I heard that a woman warned Subway on multiple occasions and warned subway of Child molester Jared who was their spokesman. Since I heard this I stopped eating Subway for life. It is unfortunate that all Subways are franchises but too bad. Corporate gets a cut and that is enough for me to quit eating Subway for life.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

So, as I observe ** (owner) toast my sub, he freaking starts sneezes all over the place. He wasn't even wearing a mask. To make matters worse, he takes my sub out the toaster, sets down on the prep counter and began to ask me what toppings I'd want. I just looked at him like **! This owner didn't even excuse himself to go wash his hands, change his gloves or wipe down the equipment where he blow snot all over. And best believe I left that nasty ass sub on that counter and walked out the store. There was a woman (DoorDash/Grub Hub driver) sitting and waiting to pick up an order. She asked me, "Did he just sneezed?" I said, "He sure did and didn't go wash his hands." After a while, I called up Subway. I wanted to get the corporate office information to file a grievance. The owner tells the employee to say he was out. I asked her for the corporate information and she hung up on me. Subway Restaurant 3071 W Shaw Ave. Fresno CA 93711

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I live in Tampa and work in St. Petersburg FL. I order from Subway every weekday for lunch. For the past month or so every order has not been correct for one reason or another, if they don't want you to be able to pick and choose more or less, then don't give the option and if they don't follow special instructions (asked to cut tomatoes in half) then don't have the Special Instructions. That is a no-brainer!! So I sent a complaint email.

They sent me back a "Template Letter" from Julian P. with App Medallia.com (that is who responds to their complaints.) I complained about not getting a "Real Response". I feel if they don't know there is a problem, the problem cannon be fixed. Well don't do that if you still want to order on the App or Online. They blocked me from ordering by locking my cart. I can go online, I can pick my sandwich, but nothing will be added to the cart. Finally - If you like Subway and want to be able to order online or through the app, don't complain or your cart will be locked.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

WAS a regular customer at Subway. The new italian bread is like chewing on cardboard. Bring back the old bread, keep other option for those that like eating cardboard. This bread is like the "new coke". Really a bad move.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Higher prices now, are scared to put beef on the sub. I will be trying other sub shops that serve more meat. I am truly unhappy and not satisfied, especially because of the higher price for less meat.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I visited subways on WS Young in Killeen Texas my way home. A fly was landing on the meat prepared. When I expressed my concern, the female dismissed it. And continued with the customer after me on line. I continued to fan away the fly. The young man acted on my request to wrap the sandwich quick before the fly land on the food. But the female ignored. I bought the food but was too disgusted to eat it, so I throw it away when I got home. We need to do better.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Subway's products are dated and their quality is not good. Jersey Mikes is a better product. I'm also surprised and disappointed that Subway supports Olympic athletes that don't stand for the National Anthem. It's an insult to every American that fought for our Country.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Subway Restaurant located at: 1641 S. Jefferson Ave., Suite E, St. Louis, MO 63104. This Subway Restaurant gives the best customer service EVER! I live near 2 Subway Restaurant but I only go to this location every chance I get. They really strive to make your sandwich the way YOU like it. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Thank you Subway! In Colorado for helping my bf get me a free sandwhich the other day. I actually was hungry and we were both out of money. It's such a rare thing when a sweet cashier feeds someone for free, but you guys rock!

Original review: June 24, 2021

We went in today for lunch and had a horrible experience. First of all they had multiple items that needed to be stocked so we had to wait, which was not too bad. The floors were crazy sticky all over. The absolute worst part was the discussion the two ladies were having out loud. My friend and I had just sat down and took a bite of our sandwich when we hear them talking about how there are roaches all over the place there, on the counters and floors. They kept on and on about it. My friend and I immediately threw our meal in the trash. As we started to walk out I turned back and told one of the girls that it was not a good idea to be saying that out loud while you have customers in store. I told her that should not said at all. One of the girls started in on me saying "every restaurant has a roach problem, this is not the first". She said "there are always roaches everywhere". I said if the place is getting inspected like it should then that shouldn't be an issue.

She proceeded to still say "every place has them". After that she says "I'm the manager and if you have any other questions or concerns you can talk to me about that". I said, "Ok, I am. I am telling you we just heard your conversation and threw away our meal." Her response was "I'm sorry, but like I said every place has them, that's not something you can prevent". This was ridiculous! As a manager you should make sure that the issue is resolved and especially something that serious should be taken care of.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Prestonsburg KY location ice tea machine has been broke for over 8 months. They now offer bottled tea for a hefty price increase. Wait times are In the 20 to 25 minute range. No other cars in drive thru.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Today I stopped by a Subway shop and I saw the new "melt option" for any of the sandwiches. I requested for a Melt Chicken Bacon Ranch. What the preparer did was to cut my 1 foot long sandwich in 2 and keep each piece in a paper bag and put it in the regular oven. I thought at first it was an interesting way to do it. However, I was very disappointed when I sat down to eat my sandwich. The ingredients were not compacted like a melt. In fact, part of the ingredients (chicken, vegies, etc.) where spreaded in the paper bag. I even had to ask for a fork, rip the paper bag and eat all the pieces. I can't believe they even charge an extra $1.00 for this.

Had I asked for just toasted option would have enjoyed more the sandwich and saved $1.00. Why don't they simply invest in a sandwich grilled and press the sandwich so all the ingredients get compacted like a real melt? Honestly Subway is never my first food choice because although their ingredients are good and fresh the assembly of the sandwich is messy. They really should emulate the Italian sub shops.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Can't believe you are using that liberal cry baby that refuses to respect our troop and fallen veterans by taking a knee during the national anthem. She is a national disgrace and so is your company. Never again will I ever step foot in another Subway....

Original review: May 14, 2021

I walked into the Subway store located at 48th Street and Ray Road on Thursday, May 13, 2021. I ordered a sandwich. While I was waiting for the sandwich to be made, I had a conversation with the employee who was waiting on me, who said he was the store manager. I inquired in a friendly manner about a previous employee who had worked there, a young woman who attended Northern Arizona University. I had engaged in numerous conversations with her on previous visits to the store, which I have patronized for many years on a frequent basis. I asked if she was doing well.

The "manager" responded to me by asking my age. I inquired "Why do you ask?" He replied, "You seem a little too old to be asking about someone who is much younger than you." I responded, "Are you nuts? I have no interest in anyone her age, other than a friendly regard." He then replied, "You have NEVER been friendly. You treat me as though you are being fake and phony." I told him, "I don't 'fake' being friendly. I treat people in a kind manner, as I have always treated you." I asked him if he was under the influence of drugs. He responded, "No. You have NEVER been friendly."

After I left the store, I realized he had short-changed me on my purchase, so I drove back to the store and demanded a refund of the overcharge, which he gave me. Realizing the guy was a total jerk, I requested to speak with his supervisor. He told me, "I am the manager here. I am in charge." I responded, "There must be someone to whom you are responsible. I want to speak with them. NOW!" He used his cell phone to call a woman named "Amber", who is, evidently, his regional manager.

I spoke with Amber on his cell phone and explained to her the circumstances of what had transpired and why I was concerned enough to have him contact her. Amber represented to me that she would speak to the "manager" about the incident and make sure that he understood that, as a customer, I had acted in a completely appropriate manner and that she would make sure that there wasn't a repeat performance of his objectionable behavior. I am hesitant to return to that Subway store, because I really don't want further interaction with this jerk.

There are several Subway stores in the immediate vicinity, so I have the freedom to take my business elsewhere. I strongly recommend you avoid the Subway store at 48th Street and Ray Road, unless you don't have a problem with store employees who stick their nose where they have no business going and have no compunctions about alienating loyal customers with their innate rudeness and lack of appreciation for simple common courtesy.

Original review: May 3, 2021

All of the Subways that literally make us get out of our vehicles instead of going inside and making sure that our subs are correctly made. We have to waste our time with a touchscreen menu, and end up with a sub that we do not want.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My ex and I ordered a sandwich and a chopped salad on Tuesday, April 27 from Subway in Oakdale MN. His sandwich was swimming in vinegar and oil. Duly noted. I had to run off to a prior engagement and never did eat the salad for two days. Discovered today that it’s not really a salad! Just a ton of chipotle dressing and black olives. Needless to say, we won’t be going to this Subway again any time soon!

Original review: April 25, 2021

Seems to be poor quality meats, the bread didn't seem to be fresh and the vegetables were kind of mushy. I tried to eat it, it just didn't go well. Then After seeing the latest TV advertisement I will never go there again.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Here’s some advice for you guys. The Governor of this state has said masks are not required. As a business you have every right to require them but from a business stand point in order for people not to question this or to be more accepting of your decisions to require mask or no service you should have masks to give to your customers. Keep in mind some people cannot wear these masks without physical discomfort for health reasons. Guys, I cannot stress this enough I’m literally running out of energy repeating all this ** to you stubborn donkeys. Let common sense guide you. If you want to avoid conflict in the future and if you’d like to avoid losing business then you should have masks readily available for customers who walk in without them.

Also, who’s training the people at your store? Your employees' nerves should not get so bad and so fast over this issue. I’m just astounded over the way people are choosing to handle this repeat issue... You chose to choose someone like they’re the biggest lived of shot in the world because they didn’t have a mask. Your job is not to be an enforcer and a public shamer of your customers nor is your job to play doctor. You showed your class today when you said, “let’s step outside.” Well how about you go find someone your own size but of course I didn’t go there.

Luis who worked that day was acting like people were acting during WWII and that’s how everything started back then when someone try dehumanizing people. First of all some people exempted from wearing mask and your job not override a doctor rules! Your service is to serve food! Luis has no rights to judge people when they entered the store. He is dangerous to the society by doing this and that’s how fascism started in 1939. Let’s not to forget that. Divide people it’s also not his job description. Your staff members don’t have knowledge nor even clue about medical, Science, chemistry nor biology, but they tried to label customers with assumptions that all people are sick.

Let’s get this straight once and for all where I will give you a little bit of knowledge you need to gain: not all people have to wear a mask even it’s required bc each person has a different condition of their health and only a DOCTOR will recommend to wear mask or not. Mask can harm you if you have heart issues, if you have asthma and so on... It leads to oxygen deficiency to your brain, lungs, heart and blood vessels... All those organs need oxygen NOT carbon dioxide, that’s why you not a tree...

You wearing mask all day long, build bacteria inside your mask which can cause tuberculosis, lung complications, headaches in your brain and so on... I don’t think your employees are Surgeons who prepare to make operations to a patient as soon as they enter your bread store. Besides the temperature in the room should be like in an operation room for the reason not to faint after long hours wearing this mask where you protecting a patient not yourself. Every doctor knows that.

We’ve had 3 little girls die in Germany just from wearing a mask... Think about when you force someone into that you’re taking full responsibility to do so and God forbid if someone dies bc of that requirement by your company. You will end up in a lawsuit... You should know also that viruses of all kind existed for centuries and no one wore a mask before except maybe Spanish flu. I guess they were testing panic theory for groups of scary idiots like we’ve all become nowadays... By looking through the microscope you will find out that the virus will go throughout the pores of the mask very easily bc the mask you are forced to wear not designed for that ... it’s mask from dust... Is it dusty in your store? I don’t know but after visiting you I guess yes...

The comments of your clerk “to wear mask or we will not provide service to you” sound more like Gestapo during WWII. I felt for a moment that I forgot wearing yellow star and your employee - swastika... You repeating history again even you think you don’t, but yes indeed you do... and it starts from mask today and tomorrow you will be required for the vaccine which, as we all know, is an experimental trial... I understand your fears, but again you are not a doctor... and shouldn’t play one...

Original review: March 29, 2021

I visited the Cocoa Clearlake location on 11/13/20 to pick up a 6” sub to go after not eating since the evening before. By the evening, I was nauseous so I didn’t eat anything the rest of the day. By 1:30-2am I was extremely nauseous, cramping, and vomiting. This continued until the morning when I was close to calling an ambulance because I was so weak, but called a friend to take me to the ER ASAP. Once there, I was given multiple meds for pain, nausea and was hooked up to an IV for dehydration. They took blood several times, received a urine sample, and kept me overnight.

I reported to Subway that alI signs pointed to food poisoning. Their insurance provider, Liberty Mutual, received all medical records (which indicated gastroenteritis) but refused compensation for their neglect. I am extremely disappointed and will never trust another location, no matter how hungry I am. I would have rather delivered a baby than go through that pain again. To make things worse, I woke up on my Birthday in the hospital. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 17, 2021

They close at 9 and I got there at 8:34. Open sign was turned on. I walked in and asked if they were closed and there were two females and they said “unfortunately we are” so I walked out the store and sat in the parking lot and five minutes afterwards this guy walks in followed by another man. I watched the girls make their orders and I left because I was so and when I seen them bagging up their sandwiches. Will NEVER go there again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

Terrible service at this SUBWAY's location. Please stay away if you can help it. 8304 S Dixie Hwy Miami, FL 33143. Racist and inappropriate behavior. This company should be ashamed of this behavior and this sort of employee up front representing the brand.

Original review: March 3, 2021

This one Subway has always been below par. I went there one night, tried to order food, and the two workers were too stoned to make subs. Today, I ordered online from there because it's the closest one, I was in a hurry, and the app (another disaster for another review) wouldn't show me the next nearest location. I get there and they have not made my order because they are out of tuna. I had to go without, as I had just enough time to get home for a conference call. The manager is supposed to be refunding my $28, but I have not heard from him. Stay away!

Original review: March 3, 2021

Just moved to town, needed a quick lunch after movers left. Have eaten at Subways in numerous states while traveling over the years. Local Subway had no bread at 2 PM. Seriously? This is a sandwich shop for crying out loud! How can you not have bread? Lost our business.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Store number SUBWAY 56049. I ordered through the Subway app and never Got a confirmation number and the store did not received the order to make. The money was taken from our account and gave the store number but yet no food. The employee that I spoke with at the store has no clue what she is doing, told me the store did not have an owner just a supervisor. The supervisor told us to come pick the order up at a certain time and then changed his story to I told them if the order came in through the computer to come and get it, how would we know when the order came into your computer?? This store is obviously poorly run and the employee is even MORE poorly trained. Next time don't give someone a receipt for the "supervisors" phone # that has another customer's credit card information on it!! That was my family's dinner, the last of our money!! Call my bank is all they said.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

There is is short heavyset female that opens and who works lunch most days. I asked if they had tuna, she said "don't you see it? Most people walk in, and if they don't see what they want they just leave". She destroyed the first whole wheat bun trying to cut it and got frustrated. Got even more frustrated when I asked her to heat up the cold bacon for my sandwich. Told me I was getting on her nerves and that I need to shut up talking to her. She wore no mask and talked over my sandwich while making it.

I've tried to reach the manager "sammy" by phone but she answers and pretends to be the manager, even leaving the phone off the hook an entire afternoon. I also videoed the incident. Still trying to reach the owner. No luck. The short heavyset girl is unprofessional, rude, breathing over peoples food, has no business ethics and pretending to be the manager to avoid repercussions for her actions.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Tried to sign up for an account at Subway.com and error that information I entered was not correct. Error gave phone number to call and get help. I called them and there is absolutely no way to get a human on the phone. The arrogance of them to hang up on you if you don't answer their prompts the way they want, "incorrect response, goodbye"-click. I assumed I needed to talk to someone since I know how to enter my name and phone number. I removed the app and will not be placing any orders!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I bought lunch for $6.00 on Saturday. On Sunday my bank charges it? So next I am in a negative balance with $30 large bank fee on Monday. Overdrawn fee. Thanks. SUBWAY. I asked for extra tomatoes Sunday and she makes the sandwich, online order, with no tomatoes, they were out with a grocery store nearby. They were closing for the night at 8pm. Online it said 9. I charged a different card. Mental note to myself is pay Subway with only cash. Have a nice veggie delight sandwich in person ordering only. Call me: **. I have now have to find some money to put in bank and to ask a bank to waive the fee and flag my cause to get money. Since a kidnapping from 1967. Albany NY from Prestwick marriage 1966. ** Life can be a con. Hi Subway. Hi all families with covid deaths this year! I do feel like a robot.

Subway Company Information