3.7/5 (857 ratings)

About Subway

Subway Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subway?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

There is is short heavyset female that opens and who works lunch most days. I asked if they had tuna, she said "don't you see it? Most people walk in, and if they don't see what they want they just leave". She destroyed the first whole wheat bun trying to cut it and got frustrated. Got even more frustrated when I asked her to heat up the cold bacon for my sandwich. Told me I was getting on her nerves and that I need to shut up talking to her. She wore no mask and talked over my sandwich while making it.

I've tried to reach the manager "sammy" by phone but she answers and pretends to be the manager, even leaving the phone off the hook an entire afternoon. I also videoed the incident. Still trying to reach the owner. No luck. The short heavyset girl is unprofessional, rude, breathing over peoples food, has no business ethics and pretending to be the manager to avoid repercussions for her actions.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Tried to sign up for an account at Subway.com and error that information I entered was not correct. Error gave phone number to call and get help. I called them and there is absolutely no way to get a human on the phone. The arrogance of them to hang up on you if you don't answer their prompts the way they want, "incorrect response, goodbye"-click. I assumed I needed to talk to someone since I know how to enter my name and phone number. I removed the app and will not be placing any orders!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I bought lunch for $6.00 on Saturday. On Sunday my bank charges it? So next I am in a negative balance with $30 large bank fee on Monday. Overdrawn fee. Thanks. SUBWAY. I asked for extra tomatoes Sunday and she makes the sandwich, online order, with no tomatoes, they were out with a grocery store nearby. They were closing for the night at 8pm. Online it said 9. I charged a different card. Mental note to myself is pay Subway with only cash. Have a nice veggie delight sandwich in person ordering only. Call me: **. I have now have to find some money to put in bank and to ask a bank to waive the fee and flag my cause to get money. Since a kidnapping from 1967. Albany NY from Prestwick marriage 1966. ** Life can be a con. Hi Subway. Hi all families with covid deaths this year! I do feel like a robot.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I understand capitalism - that if someone wants to purchase something, someone is going to sell it to them. I understand why Subway sells pork and chicken to customers - it's because customers want it. I do not fall under that category. I do not purchase carcinogens, and I do not eat pork or chicken, or dead humans. I'm a vegetarian for health reasons. It's not a mystic occult practice. I am very particular about what I eat and drink, but it's not a religion. So when your employees are making a ham sub at the same time they're making my veggie sub, I understand it's not a problem with the employee. It's a problem with your business model and practice.

Please tell your stores to stop making veggie subs for vegetarians at the same time they're handling meat. Why is subway exposing me to risk factors that I specifically go out of my way to avoid? I know exactly what I'm doing. It isn't that I got sick, it's that I was exposed to a risk factor that I shouldn't have been exposed to. I do not eat and drink whatever I want, and I am not in the population that is constantly struggling with health related illnesses, and I would prefer it to stay that way. Please tell your stores to stop the practice of infecting my sandwich with contaminants that I do not wish to be exposed to. And please do not send me a coupon for a sandwich. That's not what I want. What I want is to be able to eat at a subway without regretting my decision.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I built my sandwich and chose the “check out as guest” option. I put in all of my information and when I submitted it I was informed that my pick up time was no longer available. Rather than give me an option to change the pickup time, it restarted the process forcing me to put my payment information in again. Why does Subway invest so little in its online ordering technology? They lost my business today. Without competent online ordering, I will no longer be eating at Subway restaurants.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Today, 9/2/2020, I went online to order 3 Footlong subs from the Subway Location 439 West Pike Street Lawrenceville, GA. I searched the closest store near me online and it picked this location and showed it to a be open and fully operational location. I was charged $19.06 for an online special I was receiving "Buy 2 footlongs and receive one free." When I went to the store to pick up my food it was shut down. There was a lady inside packing up boxes in the store and said this location was no longer open. So like I said in the heading- Subway stole my money! I am appalled at the unprofessionalism of this location. The corporate office should have taken down the website location and show that it was closed instead of falsely open. I can only imagine how many people who tried to order today online and came across the same situation. SHAME ON YOU SUBWAY!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

Ladies and gentlemen I never ever been so disrespected at my local (Brown Street Rhinelander Wisconsin) Subway. IMPROPER display of uniform and a crappy attitude asking me "What do want!" Instead of "Hi welcome to Subway. What can I create for you.." I have utilized many Subway restaurants. Estimate 57. From Utah to Texas to Wisconsin when I drove semi truck.

Now as a college student finishing up my bachelor degree I don't find nothing funny that local management didn't contact about the poor service that their employee performed on the 19th of August. Yes I did contact Corporate feedback. Because of COVID19 customer service is not available. In conclusion. After all has happened At my local Subway. I won't patronize their anymore. SAD TO SEE a strong Brand get tarnished because management and yet franchise owners and corporate don't see even though people need a job and great service is hard to come by if workers are not passionate about their jobs.

Original review: July 31, 2020

My husband went into this Subway restaurant in Firebaugh Ca and got both of us a footlong sub. It is the worst subway sandwich I ever had! The bread has to be 4 or 5 days old, hard, crumbly and dry! How dare they serve this garbage to people. They are going to contribute to subways downfall in the future if corporate doesn't step in and make them do the job right!

Original review: July 21, 2020

No roast beef anymore, no cheesy bread and herbs?? Really? Why in the world would they not have roast beef any longer?? And the only bread they were still offering with cheese and now that's no longer...What's up with this baloney???

Original review: July 7, 2020

So first of all 6 Dollar footlongs were on tv, so I went in to get 2 subs. I like the Italian now that is 3 kinds of meat, 8 slices each for $5.39 for a 12 inch sub, ok fine. Then I order a turkey sub, $5.39 for 8 slices of turkey. For the same price I should at least get 16 slices of turkey. Anyway I got 2 subs nothing else, the turkey sub I got double meat so it would actually have meat taste. 2 subs nothing else, and $6 footlongs on tv my bill was $20.45. The lettuce was brown, I asked for new lettuce. At this price I should get green lettuce. No green lettuce available. Good sub price for ** subs!!! I don't plan on going back. Subway is the worst sub place I have been to and I have been to 17 Countries.

Original review: June 26, 2020

The Subway located at 9313 Columbia Rd. Pataskala, Ohio 43062 unprofessional young, attitude, doesn't smile guy that worked behind the counter. I didn't appreciate the rolling of the eyes, the lack of customer service training... You would think that I am the paying customer you would provide a much more approachable and respectful service since in other ways I am paying for his wages. I never had an issue at this location before until now with that ill-mannered kid/guy/who needs a haircut looking like Tarzan's 3rd cousin. Then they didn't have guacamole for my chipotle southwest steak & cheese signature wrap. I could've walked out and went to a different location but I didn't because they had already prepared the other subs with double meat. I will never set foot in that Subway ever. I will drive 5 miles out if needed. The owner should spend time training these young immature individuals if he/she wants to keep customers.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I placed an order (5/30/20) online and the order went through twice - I was charged twice. The store very responsibly called me to verify and I did not receive both orders. As a manager was not in the store, they were unable to refund the duplicate order. I was told that on Monday or Tuesday a district manager would call me back to take care of the issue. This did not happen.

Over the last two weeks, I have attempted contact repeatedly via email, messenger(s,) FB, Instagram, Twitter, the online customer service portal, and even tracking down a corporate voicemail box. Over TWO WEEKS of this! I would very much like to get the second chargeback, as I did not order it, nor did I receive the food. You took my money, but did not provide goods in return - then have actively avoided responding to any of my many attempts. As a customer, I have gone above and beyond attempting to get any form of response. Anything. What kind of company forces its customers to go to these lengths? I'm utterly appalled.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Employee letting underage child handle food. I ordered online with the app. When I arrived I noticed a child standing out front. She went behind the counter and while her father talked she played with the food.. It was long enough for me to record her! No handwashing and a face mask hanging off her face like Covid-19 isn’t real!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

This is our food guys and because of that, I would strongly advise that you reconsider patronizing these Subway locations (Sahara and Rancho/Sahara and Valley View in Las Vegas, NV.) There may be other locations throughout the valley that are associated with this owner also. Please do your research before patronizing his business locations. I have reported him to the corporate office, but this is a franchise so it is up to customers to speak out when these things happen. I do not want another customer to be abused in the manner in which I was when simply attempting to buy a quick meal.

I went in with my adult children to grab some sandwiches on Mother's Day and was disrespected by the cashier on a level that absolutely shocked me. I left a vm message for the owner, Mr. David **. He was kind enough to call me back and leave a message for me. I returned his call today and he initially told a less than truthful story. He initially said he had viewed the videotape himself, but as he spoke, his narrative did not resemble what actually happened at all. When pressed, he admitted he had not seen the video and he went on to state that he was basically regurgitating the information that the store employees had given to him. We have video that was recorded on my son's phone of what actually occurred on that day. It is problematic that this owner is untruthful. It is also problematic that when questioned for the second time, he became defensive and chose to resort to being rude to me although my tone with him never changed.

I will not go there again, but I want others to be aware of the unfortunate experience that I had. Mr. ** then said in an almost aggressive manner "what do you want me to do?" and followed that by "are we done here?" Had this gentleman viewed the tape personally, he would have acknowledged that there is a problem in his store, but his response made it clear that that is not where the problem began. I am not here to tell anyone where to go or not to go, but this incident throws up red flags.

This should not have happened, but since it did, there was an opportunity for this man to remedy the situation simply through truthfulness, acknowledgement and civility. He instead resorted to rudeness. Customer service is clearly not a priority at this location and I would strongly advise you to do your research and choose a Subway that is not owned by David **. I know he owns the ones on Sahara and Valley View and Sahara and Rancho. Again, this is our food guys. If this is his response when there is a simple customer service issue, my concern would be what his response would potentially be if there is a more severe food-related issue.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Subway was offering a buy 1 get 1 free footlong promotion when ordering online. Tried 1st restaurant near us & apple would not work. Employee was not helpful & would not honor promo. Tried 2nd location & approved worked but would not update promo price. Again, went to 2nd location & employee would not honor promo telling us to contact corporate! Employees are very poorly trained stating that they "only make sandwiches." Do not trust their promotions to be reliable!

Original review: May 9, 2020

I was treated with disrespect and no one cared about it. Ordered a meal. Had a question and then the woman turned on me as someone who was just annoyed I was talking with her. She worked there but was evidently put out by customers. Customer service was not satisfactory either. I told her I was thinking about never coming back and she replied, "That's ok." Well word of mouth is a big thing. This is the day of the consumer to have a voice when a company brushes them off as not important enough to deal with. Why would anyone want to do business with this kind of business. This is a hard time. I would think they would want customers to help them to get through but obviously they think they got this on there own. Well let's see how that will play out. There are many other options out there. Not all will survive this. I hope Subway take a look at this before they lose others. Remember one customer can be the beginning of of many customers.

Original review: May 7, 2020

On Wednesday I placed an order by phone and they charged my card $24.61 when I went to pick up my order I added cookies and they charged my card again $25.84, sent several emails to customer service with no luck, all I want is my money back, it’s a discrimination! Please help.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I ordered and paid for food using the Subway app and the Dale Evans, Apple Valley Subway did not honor the order even though my receipt clearly showed everything to be correct. I paid again for the order. They were out of onions and cucumbers. I waited 45 minutes, still no onions. I took the salad with no onions. I emailed the complaint department with the information and sent a letter to the manager, however no one has contacted me or sent my refund.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I wish I could go there every day. Every time I do go there I get an amazing experience and the employees always make sure to tell me have a great day. The restaurant is very clean and smells delicious when I go inside. I recommend whoever's is reading this review to go to Subway someday in their life.

Original review: April 8, 2020

As I enter Subway I noticed all the safety measures they are taking to protect their employees from this virus but what safety measures are they taking to protect their customers. They have the chairs to keep us back. They have their Splash Shield to protect their staff but why isn't their staff wearing a mask to protect their customers as they prepare our meals?

Original review: April 1, 2020

Went to Subway. They have one big sign on there. Monday thru Sunday 10 am to 9 pm. You can go in, order on the app, and as well through all different apps to get food to be deliver to you. When you go to the door to go in to get your food to go. They don't let you in. They have small sign something different. Misleading to customers. While their sign says open. No customer service and very bad for business. Here off of Beltline Rd and Conflans, Texas.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Purchased Subway gift cards and loaded them on Subway app. Subway was hacked and my gift cards were used by "Ahmad" at a Subway in Staten Island, NY. Caveat emptor if you use the Subway app! If you report the fraudulent use of your cards to Subway, they won't reimburse. They just say read the terms & conditions. Subway isn't liable and you're screwed. This lesson cost me $87, but I'm never using the Subway app again!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I was at Subway on Bethelview in Cummins Georgia the one near McDonald's, I ordered the Southwest Chipotle Wrap that lists the ingredients too include guacamole then once I went to pay they charge me a $.75 upcharge for guacamole when I read my receipt and said something I was told that the menu was old and the new one had not come in yet I told them as long as that menu was up what was listed was included nothing was done so I went on to complain to the corporate website And nothing was done.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I took my three grandchildren to the Shorewood IL Subway on a busy Sunday and the line was very long with three people working hard. It was a very long what but we understood. The first sandwich went fine, the second one they needed to refill the ham bin and we waited and waited but that was ok with us, the third one we asked for the tiny little sandwiches and asked that the bun not be toasted. Well we were told that it had to be and when my granddaughter tried to take a bite, it was as hard as rocks, and she could not eat it. I ordered an ice tea and they gave me a cup and pointed to the beverage machine. I'm ok with that. Well the ice tea was empty. When I went up and told them about the hard sandwich, the girl shrugged her shoulder and told me again that they have to toast it. I asked for refund on my tea, since there was none and she told me "no refunds".

I asked for a manager and she said that he does not work weekends and that I would have to come in on Monday for the refund. I told her that they did not give me a receipt, so how does that work. She was unable to reprint the receipt and kept telling me that I was not allowed to call the manager. I had NEVER asked to call the manager. She did call him myself and did get me the refund, but would not refund the uneatable sandwich, and I had not even asked for a refund on that. I will never be back and how do you run a store without a manager?

Original review: March 8, 2020

As a vegetarian, I have limited options at most restaurants. I was delighted when Subway started offering egg and cheese subs! At first it was just for breakfast, but now, if you do into the store, any of the Subways around me will make egg and cheese any time of day. My frustration is the fact that the app won't allow the egg and cheese to be ordered outside of "breakfast time". If the stores don't limit when I can buy the sandwich, why does the app? I used to love Subway, but the frustration of not being able to order online or by the app has ruined my opinion of them. I won't be returning to Subway until this is resolved.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I kindly asked the gentleman opening the store if I could use the phone for a serious emergency. He locked the doors behind him and gave me the finger! I then called to leave a message for the owner, and I was told to go ** myself. Good luck to your store, may I suggest hiring decent people that will do a simple kind act for another person in need. What a sick experience!

Best,

Derek **

"The UnXplained" with William Shatner

The History Channel

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I got the chicken bacon ranch today, like many other days before. This time the chicken was awful! It was all fatty, and grisly. I could not chew it and had to spit it into my napkin. I got two big pieces like this. Yuck! I felt like I should have gotten my sandwich for free. I will not order a sandwich with this kind of chicken again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

The daily specials are great value. The quality is great.... always fresh. However it is a franchise, so some are better than others. The options are limited, but that's the nature of the beast. Very fast service and some seating is you wish, but many do take out.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Would be nice to have an online/printable menu sheet for multiple orders. Also provide all the amenities to choose from. The form that we have used in the in past is a form from Canada. We also had to used notebook paper to create orders for our basketball team.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Good food. Great locations. Clean fresh veggies. Great taste. Good ice tea. Great bread, only thing I would suggest is when a customer ask for extra tomato some workers act like it’s out of their own pockets to give customer more even when they tell them they are willing to pay extra. Also, I would suggest lower sodium options too for health-conscious people. Thanks and continue the good work of feeding people low-calorie options and fresh veggies.

Subway Company Information