Red Lobster

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

There were 4 adults and an 18-month-old in our party. We called ahead for seating at 4:30 p.m. On a Sunday. When we walked in there was no one in the lobby waiting. They told us it would just be a few minutes. 30 minutes later we decided to STAND in front of the lobby desk until they saw us. They acted like they'd never seen us before. It would just be a few minutes while they set up our table. 10 minutes later when we were finally seated, the table wasn't set (which is what they told us they were doing) and we were seated extremely close to a huge party.

Please bear in mind that the place was not overly full or busy. When we left, there were lots of people waiting outside and the inside was quite empty looking. Perhaps they only had 1 cook. Who knows? The food was okay, but certainly nothing to recommend it and the price is high enough that it should be fabulous. I won't need to eat there again. This was the Lancaster, Pa. Red Lobster on Route 30.

Had party @ Vineland NJ Red Lobster. I & others got sick diarrhea & vomiting/nausea. I had to go to hospital get fluid & meds. We all ate shrimp. Corporate said pay bill now. Insurance rep tries to say I didn't have food poisoning & hospital put it on diagnosis. I've had food poisoning before & I know. She said they weren't to say would pay bill. Totally will never ever go back. Been going there 20 yrs. Stay away from them. Corporate says I will be compensated but insurance says no. Don't go to 3849 S Delsea Dr. restaurant. Insurance rep acts like a doctor & says no way you have food poisoning. Terrible customer service from Hartford Connecticut insurance. None of my family or friends will go back. So I'm sharing my experience.

Let's see where do I start! It took a sever 25 minutes to come to our table. I had to get up and go over to the hostess to let her know that we hadn't been served. She said that she was sorry and she will get someone over right away. So about five minutes later our server came over and said no one told him that he had our table. Well he took our order and upon return with our drinks he brought my son an adult size sprite and forgot that my dish comes with two sides!!! So he apologized and then said he was going to go and add that to my order. In the meantime we asked for a manager and he still had yet to come!!! So we are sitting here now with our appetizer and no utensils and no new sprite for my son and the manager is STILL walking around here and have yet to stop at our table.

Keep in mind I am writing this while we are waiting on our food with no utensils. So I'm gonna pause and finish writing this after the rest of this foolish trip to Red Lobster becomes a bust!... and fifteen minutes later we are still sitting here with NO utensils and NO food!!! So I will be back... so I'm back about 40 minutes later. We are done eating and the food was decent except for my husbands mashed potatoes was hard as a rock so the server brought him some French Fries instead. Oh by the way the manager still hasn't come to the table. So needs less to say... after this experience we will not be coming back to this restaurant EVER!

It's the little things that add up. I ask for no sugar in tea. I got tea with sugar. I got a Ceasar salad. Lettuce was mushy not crisp. Then you add dressing to that and real mushy. My baked potato was cold. I ask for napkins and 10 minutes later had to ask someone else. He said sorry but he shouldn't have had to. He should have paid attention to the small things. I had already complained about lettuce so he should have really watched what he was serving. I don't expect any more than any one else. Maybe he thought I wasn't going to tip. I am a very good tipper. I know what it means to work for your tip. This was not a happy meal. I was looking at other reviews and noticed it was just little things but they add up. Servers must pay attention to all customers.

Took my daughter to Red Lobster in Dickson City, PA on US Rt 6... Arrived about 11:40 am on July 11. My daughter ordered the crab platter from Crabfest menu. I had a shrimp lunch entree. The staff was courteous but the seafood was horrible. The crab legs seemed like they were leftovers from the prior eve and it was cold...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

I wish to express my unforgettable and nasty experience at the Red Lobster located at Waterford Lakes Town Center in Orlando, FL, 6/18/17 at 8:00 pm. We patiently waited for our text to confirm our table was ready. After 20 mins. we were seated and our order was taken, I asked for a coke and my husband asked for a Coronarita, the waiter returned stating the CO2 was not working and they were out of regular Coronas. So we ended up with a strawberry lemonade and my husband with a Corona Light.

After placing our Dinner Orders we received one of our side dishes which was a Caesar Salad. As we started to eat I noticed something black in my plate of salad. After looking closely I noticed it was a bug in my salad. My stomach turned into a knot. I stood up discreetly knowing the restaurant was completely packed and asked a manager to please come to my table. When the manager arrived and took a look at my plate she stated quote, "It must have come with our produce" and asked if I wanted to switch my side order, she did not even apologize for the mishap. Long story short I ended up not eating any of my food and leaving with nausea. This is no longer my favorite restaurant. Very dissatisfied.

Red Lobster is so lucky to have a waitress of Catherine's caliber. She was friendly, took her time to suggest menu items. You could tell she genuinely cared about your visit that day. My sister and I ordered (she had crab linguine, I had lobster tacos). Our orders came promptly. When asked how mine was I told her they were a bit dry and could use sauce on them. She was shocked that they forgot to put the sauce on them and left. She came back with another order (to go) of the same thing (with sauce and an apology). I was so taken back by her generosity and kindness, unexpected. This experience has given my sister and I a newer respect for this establishment and we want to make sure Catherine (Red Lobster St. Laurent Blvd. Ottawa) gets some recognition for her service - making this restaurant shine a little more. They are so lucky to have her there.

On Monday evening February 27th my spouse and I visited Red Lobster West 49th street, Hialeah. The restaurant temperature was very cold. The hostess (female) seated us and told us that the server (male) will be back to take our order. A female server appeared and we told her that a different server was assigned to our table. She answered that it was not a big deal. We ordered 2 glasses of Moscato. She left and returned to say that they were out of Moscato. We had to settle for White Zinfandel. My wife told the waitress that the temperature was very cold. She answered that there was nothing she could do about that. So I went to the hostess, who replied that she would check with the manager and get back to me, which she never did!

We ordered 2 Ceasar salads. Again the waitress left and returned that they were all out of Ceaser salads, so (again) we had to settle for the house salad. We ordered the stuffed tilapia of the menu. The waitress returned once again to say that they were all out of stuffed tilapia. So again we had to settle and ordered the parmesan tilapia. It took a while before our order was served. Halfway through our meal the food was so cold and untasty because of the room temperature. We were so frustrated and so disappointed that halfway through our meal we asked for our check, paid and left. No fuss and no hassle. The waitress was not even concerned why we left half our meal on the plates. What a dedication to your customers. So we left and went across the street to Chili's at the Westland mall. At Chili's the service was exceptionally awesome. Great food and awesome service.

We stopped in Jacksonville, FL at Red Lobster located at 13090 City Station at the airport exit. 2 adults and 2 children. The kids ordered popcorn shrimp and one adult ordered grilled shrimp, and the other ordered a med rare steak and grilled shrimp. The steak was overcooked, the mash potatoes that came with it the order looked like they were last week's so they were not touched. The shrimp were burnt, even had burnt black on them, the rice was undercooked, thought I was the only one who cooked crunchy rice! The waitress was nice, she did not cook the food so it was not her fault. The manager came over and all he did was bring us a box to take our food home.

NEVER AGAIN will we give RED LOBSTER any more money. With the tip I paid $70.00. Took the food home and smelled the burnt food all the way. Gave it to my Pit Bull dog that eats everything, well he would not touch the food either. This Red Lobster SUCKS. I would NOT recommend them to anyone to eat there. Since half of my receipt does not have all the printout on it I hope I get the order # correct. Table 50, # **, 19:34 pm. I will share our dining experience with everyone I know including the web!

The potato soup was barely warm tasteless liquid with mystery chunks. The crab legs tasted like soap!! The corn was soggy and the broccoli was crunchy with a bad taste. Babies screamed so loud in the bar area we couldn't carry on a conversation. No one made any effort to remove the family with 3 screaming, crying children. We have been to all 4 Red Lobsters in the Tampa area. Every single one has had terrible soup, inexperienced staff and lazy managers. Will not return to any location in the Tampa area. Terrible experience and not worth the price nor the stress!!

I have planned this lunch for a while and I called Red Lobster to make sure they offer a birthday cake/candle and sing happy birthday and they said, yes. I brought my friend for lunch yesterday, 03/01/17 and I spoke with the server and explained to him what I wanted. He said, "no problem! I will bring a dessert with a candle but we won't sing the happy birthday." That was not good at all, since this is what I wanted for my friend... The food was very good. We enjoyed it very much. We didn't wait too long for service. Then, I noticed that on the next room the servers were singing HB to a lady. This called my attention. When we finished eating I let the server know that it was time to do it. He came back with a dessert ONLY and said to us that he did not have a candle and not able to sing. I was very surprised and upset, very disappointed. He ruined her birthday lunch!!!

What kind of a guy will allow this to happen to a lady? However, I left him 15% tip which I shouldn't. Very disappointed!! Never again Red Lobster! I threw away my receipt. Note: he did not charge me for the dessert which it didn't matter to me. Now, I'm going to bring my friend again to a restaurant and celebrate her birthday again with candle and singing.

Ok so we dined at Red Lobster at Belden Village in Canton... They lost my bank card and then THEY filed a report with their corporate office and said that I was rude, cursed and was asked to LEAVE! LIARS!! So they messed me over and they want to disparage my reputation OVER THEIR SCREW UP TOO??? They don't want me to show my ** or do they? Can't wait until that General Manager phone call!!

I entered Red lobster located at 6357 I-55 N, Jackson, MS 39213 on the night of January 28, 2017. I came with my daughter who was turning 16 and about 15 of her friends as well as my sister and other friends. I proceeded to the front to see how long the wait for a table would be. I was quoted 1 hour and 30 minutes. So I decided to stay and wait. My party and I went back outside to wait. Long story short, we waited a total of 3 hours for a table. I was very angry so I decided to go inside and inquire about the long wait, I asked the the lady at the front what was taking so long and that she told me an hour and 30 minutes, she said that she couldn't guarantee me any time and she was very rude and not professional at all.

I asked for the manager, she said she was the manager, I asked for someone above her, she said there was nobody there who was above her, I asked for her name, she said it was **. At this point my party and I were restless, angry, tired and mind you, this was supposed to be my daughters sweet 16 dinner. ** was very rude, she didn't care about my feelings or my daughters' feelings. After a few back and forth words with **, myself and my sister and **, we decided to wait inside, we could see the table where she said we were going to be seated at. They were taking their precious time cleaning it off. It took them about another 25 minutes just to clean off the spot.

I asked ** if we could wait inside or even by our table until they cleaned it off, she replied no, and that we couldn't be seated while they were cleaning off the spot because they don't want to have to reach over none of the guests. Now, I have been here plenty of times and if a table is not clean, the waiter or waitress reaches over me all the time to clean the table.

Finally after 30 minutes, she said we could be seated. My party and I proceeded to the tables, and after we all were seated, the police showed up. ** said 3 words to us and asked us to leave. I have never been so embarrassed, humiliated, in my life. Mind you, this was my daughters 16 year old bday dinner, why would she seat us and then ask us to leave? After a 3 and a half hour wait, we were asked to leave??

I am very angry and I will never eat at Red Lobster again. Also, I have put in a complaint with the BBB and also, I work for 2 big corporations, I have informed my coworkers and family and friends never to eat at Red Lobster again. There were a total of 15-18 people in my party, so ** lost out on about 400.00 that night because she was having a bad day and decide to call the police on everyone and they made us leave. Very disappointed in her and Red Lobster. She shouldn't be a manager and she needs to polish up on her people skills as well as her time management skills. Again, I will never eat there again and neither will my family or business colleagues. We left there and went to Olive Garden and spend 450.00 since it was right next door.

My husband and I went to Red Lobster for my birthday. Met our server, Terence who looked over worked had us waited for a while to take our order. In the meantime, my husband and I was thirsty but had to wait due to no glass of water at our table. Once Terence arrived back at our table... at least 5-10 minutes to take our order. Order my Patron but was too much salt, disappointed!!! Waited more than 15 minutes for our food including our appetizer. The last straw was when once our food arrived, I had to go to the bar for utensils. My husband asked a staff member to get the supervisor who was as hood and inconsiderate about what was going on. I always wanted to know how this Red Lobster near Co-op city in the Bronx at Bay Plaza Mall was all about got to FINALLY see for myself. We will NEVER visit that restaurant again.

My dad Ordered King Crab and when it came it was dry and tough. He ate it and then about two hours later had explosive diarrhea that could not be controlled. He had to stop several times on the way home because of the diarrhea. He said that the crab did not taste right. My dad also had gone there a few weeks earlier for the never ending shrimp. Guess what... diarrhea. Really bad. I finally have convinced him to stop eating there. He normally does not have that kind of problem. Only when eating at Red Lobster. I stopped eating there a number of years ago as I was not happy with the quality of the food. That and the place was not real clean. You really have to be careful where you eat and what you eat. As we get older, our bodies often cannot deal with foods that we were able to eat earlier in life. The human body is not meant to eat these kind of critters.

We went expecting a wonderful dinner. I ordered the fried shrimp. It was ok, the amounts of food has drastically shrunk for the PRICE WE PAID. The shrimp Alfredo was more garlic than shrimp, the server only gave us 4 biscuits. They were SMALLER and just barely warm. I ordered the scallops. There were only 6 scallops for $6.99??? They were BAY SCALLOPS NOT SEA SCALLOPS AS STATED IN MENU. My husband's meal was horrible, everything tasted the same. WILL NOT RETURN. Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt.

I went to Red Lobster today and had the worst lunch ever. I ordered the Shrimp pasta/linguine and it was TERRIBLE! This use to be my favorite dish on the menu. The waiter said that the recipe has changed and that they add lots of garlic to the dish now. I usually do not write reviews, but I had to say something about the pasta. I felt like I kept biting little pieces of something (I now know it was garlic), it was not as creamy or cheesy as it was in the past. I can honestly say that I was very, very, very disappointed. I don't think that I will be going back anytime soon. Sorry, I just can't. It was really awful. I can say that you get more pasta now, but I can see why (they are trying to get rid of that crap). The company is really going down, I thought that a few years ago, but I can really tell now. Sorry, but Red Lobster USE to be one of my faves. Not anymore.

Lobster was tough as was our steak. There was no drawn butter served with our lobster tails. Could not get waiter's attention so made do. We were in Colorado Springs CO for my birthday. I was very disappointed as this is always a treat from my children. I am 84 years young. I may not get another opportunity. No Red Lobster in southwest NE. Red Lobster we visited was in Academy and Flintridge Rd. Date was Nov 26, 2016. Amount spent was 99.00.

I went to Red Lobster at 690 E. Thompson Rd. in Indianapolis, IN today to celebrate my 40th birthday with my best friend. I ordered the New York Strip and Rock Lobster Tail with a Caesar Salad and mashed potatoes. My salad was drenched in the Caesar dressing. It was inedible. My lobster tail was tough and my steak came out mostly fat the first time and the second time it came out medium rare, when I had ordered it medium well. I also never got a refill on my water.

The manager came to our table and assured me the steak would come out medium well and that she would bring it to me. Well, she did not bring me the second steak, the waitress did. I asked to speak with the manager again after the second failed attempt with my steak. When she arrived at our table, she was irritated and unapologetic. When I told her I didn't want to pay for my meal she huffed and walked away mumbling something under her breath. She came back and I reminded her that she didn't even ask what had happened to my friend's meal. She got really irritated and said, "Fine, I'll write off the whole thing" and walked away angrily. I have gone to this restaurant since I was a child and it has always been good. They must have recently changed management because this was the worst restaurant experience of my life! Do not go to this Red Lobster! I wasted over an hour of my life there for poor quality food and terrible service.

On Sunday Oct.23, 2016 my husband, grandmother & myself went to Red Lobster in York PA to celebrate my birthday. We haven't been there in a while due to poor service & food quality. Well. This will be the LAST time we go there. My husband's salad was the heart of a head of iceberg lettuce.. no leaves.. unedible. Then my husband & I both ordered Live baked stuffed lobster. When it arrived it looked ok on the outside. The waitress came back in about 2 min. & asked if everything was ok. We said so far, however we had not even touched the lobster. We begin to eat..we'll try to eat it. The crab meat in the middle was very mushy with a lot of liquid all around. When I cracked the claws, fluid flew out of both and the meat came out partially raw and slimy. My husband tried to eat his, he didn't want cause any problems for my birthday celebration. I tried but couldn't. It was nauseating.

The waitress finally returned and ask if everything was ok. We showed her the raw meat & slime. She got the manager. She came over with a big smile and said "How is everything?" OMG, really??? We showed everything to her. She said, "We will cook you new ones", we said "no we don't want to be here any longer." She then said we should have told our waitress sooner. We explained that we couldn't because we didn't see her and she didn't come back. The Mgr kept arguing with us. She the said they would remove one of the lobster meals since my husband ate most of his. He tried but it was too disgusting. He did not finish it.

When we left I told the waitress to tell the manager thank you for removing mine, however since she would not remove my husband's if he gets sick we WILL BE CONTACTING HER. We will file a suit against them to pay doctor visit, medication and missed work. This restaurant is terrible. I just found out they were shut down for 10days due to terrible sanitary conditions. I will be reporting them to the health board!!

First, please let me state that this is the first time I have ever emailed to complain about any establishment. I am a long time fan of Red Lobster and have frequently celebrated birthdays and family gatherings for the last 25 years at your Erie Blvd, Syracuse location. That was until a month ago. Within the last several months, I have dined at above mentioned location and was appalled with the level of professionalism on two separate occasions. When placing our orders we were asked if we would like Caesar salad or House. Caesar both times and then was told they were out of Caesar salad and if we would like a House salad. "Sure, with honey mustard".

Well, both times you were also out of honey mustard. Main entree came and the steak was cold and over cooked well beyond the medium rare that I had ordered. My fiance's lobster was cold and under cooked, he could not eat any of it. Not once did the waitress come to check on our drinks or meal (on the second visit), nor did she offer a warm farewell when we left a more than generous tip. Something to consider as well, while we waited over an hour for our entree and 30 minutes for our appetizer (gummy Calamari), we witnessed bar staff hanging around, chatting with the wait staff and ignoring the existing patrons.

I am not a food critic and do not intend on spending any more time on this subject with social media but if we witnessed a dramatic change in the level of service to this once hopping establishment on two occasions, I can bet we are not the only ones talking. Simply just sharing my opinion in hopes that others will register their complaints directly with RL, so they can make the necessary changes to save this long standing business in Syracuse, NY where many chains have not survived where Red Lobster has. Something needs to change, it's clear the people working there just don't care. I sincerely hope this isn't filtered down from Management.

On Saturday Oct. 8, 2016, my son and I ate at the Red Lobster in Austin, TX. Our server was great, food was good. We had 2 gift cards worth 50.00 each, my son had just purchased and we still had receipts from where he purchased them. We paid with gift cards and somehow gift cards were not working. We waited and waited for server to return and it was taking her forever, we looked for her and then she said our gift cards were not working. We met her at the hostess table and took out our receipts to prove that they were just purchased. We called the store and had another manager speak to them that confirmed on their end gift cards were activated and were good. But on their end they still did not work.

So I asked the lady manager, "What would happen to us if we didn't have any other way of paying?" I didn't yell at her, I wasn't rude, I was just asking her, and her rude response to us in front of customers and many servers standing around the hostess counter, was she would call the police on us and without looking back at us she ran and hid in her office. She made us feel like criminals, like she didn't want us there anymore, or was it the color of our skin, Mexican, that made her think we were there for a free meal. She upset me to talk to us like that, I should have sat on the bench nearby and told her, "Go ahead and call the police cause the only thing we did wrong was that our gift cards didn't work."

She ran and hid and we never saw her face again, two other managers came out and were more understanding. They made several calls and still couldn't accept our cards, so my son paid with another card. That manager is a ** older woman working in Austin, TX, treats her customers like criminals and to us made us feel unwelcome, not worthy enough to eat there again. Even our server kept saying how sorry for she was, I know she felt embarrassed for us, the way we had been treated. That manager has no right to treat others the way she did, or is this their norm to treat customers, or Mexican customers at Red Lobster in Austin, TX.

Over the past couple of years my family has slowly watched the quality of food change with Red Lobster and it is sad. This has always been a favorite place to dine. You go to any of the other popular restaurants to dine and the garden salad still includes cheese, cucumber, bacon bits. At a lot of the places Red Lobster at least in Chattanooga TN does not.

The crab cakes have also changed over the years not as good and tiny for the price. Also look at your baked potato child size. Not sure if other locations besides Chattanooga TN are the same. But until things change our family will not be going back. This probably will not impact your business but if we feel this strongly about these things I am sure others are also noticing. Go check out your local places to dine in Chattanooga for comparison.

"Endless Shrimp" is a joke. We "dined" at the Orland Park, IL restaurant between 1:00 and 3:00. It was a twenty-minute wait for our first "Shrimp Refresh" and ten-minute wait thereafter and each "refresh" was a five-count serving of shrimp. Yes, a five-count of shrimp! The manager did not introduce herself by name but she was made aware of the delays with no action taken. In addition, "shrimp refresh" on shrimp scampi did not include butter sauce. What is that about? The only thing "endless" about "Endless Shrimp" is the wait time. Either the kitchen-crew was under-staffed or your company policy has dramatically changed for the bad. What a wasted birthday-dinner.

We arrived at the Red Lobster in Danbury, Ct. just before 7:00. And did not receive our main meal until 7:45. The restaurant was less than half filled and there seemed to be a sufficient number of servers. We were not in Particular hurry, but I did have some things to do outside and wanted to be home while it was still light out. We ordered mussels as a appetizer and literally half were closed or broken. The server did replace them, literally one for one. But what was more annoying was when I told the manager the situation was basically, "oh". Quite honestly I expected to be not charged for the mussels let along the long wait.

I noticed that people who came in almost a half hour after us were served their food, that was similar to ours. To me their remedy which was none was unacceptable. Considering there is a Olive Garden right next to them, had people waiting to get in there. To me this was just bad management. To be fair, we had not experience this in other of their restaurants.

We went to dine at red lobster for their crab fest, the experience was terrible since we spent the whole time swatting flies competing for our dinner. The washroom was even worst, hundreds of flies as well. Quite filthy.

We went to Red Lobster for my daughter birthday dinner and spent 168 dollars. Service was rude, food was greasy and terrible and my daughter and me both got food poison. She just turned 10 and they will never get another dollar from us. We have been going there 3 times a month and the manager was rude. When I sent back my daughter plate because steak was raw after waiting 25 more minutes he bring her plate back out and the seafood was cold and nasty and the steak was burnt. I went ahead and paid the 168 dollars but never again. Houston Texas Northwest and Tidwell.

On Sunday July 17th 2016 I went to Red Lobster on Route 18 in East Brunswick and had the Red Lobster Crab Lover’s Dream. The only thing I ate while I was there at the restaurant from the dish was Bairdi Crab. By the next day I had food poison. I was throwing up my guts. Had a fever than I was cold had the runnings. Could not keep not even water. Everything was thrown up. This was the worst experience I have ever had and you should have someone inspect Red Lobster to make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

We seen the crab feast special on TV so I said maybe it will be different this time. I will never again eat at Red Lobster. The first time it was dirty. The food was so greased it made me sick. Dirty oil. The second time was last year. I had hair in my food, the menu had old food on it, our table was smelly and grease, nasty. I once again sick even before we reached the door. I said never again. This time same thing. The tables were dirty, the crab smelled not fresh at all, the food was room temperature, nothing was really hot like home but the filth. We told the waitress no need for dog bag. We informed her the crab was terrible and she offered nothing but sorry. Did not ask if we needed to see the management! The cost for my husband and I was 80.00$. Never again.

I placed an order for pick up. Once I arrived, I picked up the order and left. Thankfully I decided to check the order in the car, I was missing my brownie and my orders were not correct. When I went back in, I explained to the employee that I was missing items and my order was wrong. Since I was not provided an itemized receipt I was unable to prove anything.

I ordered a New Orleans Salmon with lobster mash and zucchini but was not given lobster mash. When I told the employee that I had lobster mash my plate was taken to the back to be corrected and came back with only a sauce thrown over the top of the mash and no actual lobster. And instead of zucchini, I was given broccoli. My chicken pasta was almost dry, I asked for extra sauce and was never given extra Alfredo sauce so I used some store bought Alfredo that I had at home. Overall bad experience to think we spent $50 on such a bad dinner. The next day I decided to call the location and ask to speak to a manager. I was never connected. I will not be spending my money at Red Lobster unless someone makes this right!

Red Lobster Company Profile