3.49/5

164 Red Lobster Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We only eat here on special occasions. The atmosphere is very good and the servers do a great job. We really love when they have the crab fest. The crab legs are so good and we really love the biscuits!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I went to see if I had any rewards to use. When I went to open up the app it told me that I had to upgrade and download the new app. When I tried to download it told me that my phone was not compatible. So I guess you need a 200 or 300 dollar phone to get their rewards. I will never eat at Red Lobster again.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We took our father to Red Lobster to celebrate his 92nd birthday. Chose this restaurant because we wanted to go someplace nice that we don't ordinarily go to. We had a party of six. We had 4 orders of fish and chips, one rainbow trout, and one breaded shrimp. Everything came out on a timely basis, except my dad's fish and chips and baked potatoes ordered by three of us. In fact, everyone was done eating before my father received any part of his meal or the baked potatoes showed up. He promptly refused it because everyone else was done eating.

During our wait time we sought out the manager and waitress and got a lot of apologies, but no food. In fact we were told they had a rust on baked potatoes and ran out. My thought is that the waitress could have at least told us that so the order could be changed. In regards to the fish, we were told it was overdone so they would not serve it. They took my fathers meal off the bill, but we still paid full price for the three entrees that included baked potatoes we never received. They offer free dessert, but that does nothing for the fact that most the food was not served until too late and the birthday boy went home without any dinner. This was at the Saginaw, MI restaurant, and we will never return.

Original review: June 17, 2019

My son wanted crab legs for Father's day. Spoiled his whole dinner. Ordered mozz. sticks. Most of them were hollow, sauce had been spilled on the plate, looked liked it had been dropped. No biscuits. Crab was overcooked. Fried shrimp undercooked. Veggies tasted old and mushy. No less than seven tables were left dirty, still had plates, floor dirty with crumbs and paper garbage along with the ladies room. Are you guys TRYING to close the place down? Quality has gone way down. Won't be returning.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Visited this location at about 6:30 pm on Saturday June 8, 2019. Waitress was surprised when I refused to give a phone number for seating call. Waited in lobby for about 3 minutes. Hostess took us to an unwashed table. Waiter was obviously inexperienced, and badly trained. I ordered a salad without dressing. It arrived in a hot bowl, and the lettuce was slimy, with black spots all over it. The plater had tried to hide this by piling on excessive amounts of shredded cheese. Manager said she would remove cost of salad from the bill, but she failed to do so. My entree (shrimp trio), and my wife's steak were both acceptable, but nothing special.

Bottom line, I paid fifty bucks for a dinner of low to mediocre meat and seafood, prepared with far too much salt and sugar (it might as well have been cooked at McDonald's, or Burger King), served by a waiter and a manager that weren't competent enough to run a lemonade stand. This will be my last trip to any Red Lobster restaurant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: May 12, 2019

Well, what an experience! Took my wife to Red Lobster, North 10th Street, McAllen, Texas 78504 for a Mother's Day Dinner. Wow! Made a reservation online and was seated within 10 minutes of the promised time. Great! Had a glass of wine while waiting and looking forward to a wonderful dinner on Mother's Day; a really special day when any mother deserves the very best.

We both ordered Walt's shrimp which is very good. Sides were Lobster mashed potatoes, house salad with ranch dressing onside, plus another order of Walts shrimps, house salad, add on the lobster tail, asparagus, and water for two. Lobster got lost on the way to the mashed potatoes. Well, never got the salad, the shrimp was brought without tartar sauce, one water, no lobster tail. What!!! Who doesn't serve the salad first? Unbelievable poor service. Finally got a "manager"? and explained our extreme dissatisfaction with the absence of service. The salads showed up about that time. Obviously. Red Lobster either does not train servers, doesn't care, or really does a poor job of training ab=n follow up. The server as a very clean-cut young man that was totally clueless of how to handle a customer and properly serve a customer. This really ruined my wife's Mother's Day. A real bummer.

Bottom line, I only had the Red Lobster biscuits and I think my wife had a couple of shrimp. We really got a good deal though. A ruined dinner, poor evening and only had to pay $11.68 for one glass of wine. What a rip off. Needless to say, we will never be back to Red Lobster 7617 North 10th Street, McAllen Texas 78504. Thank you for such a good deal to totally ruin my wife's Mother's Day dinner. We did go to Saltgrass Steakhouse afterward and had a great dinner for under $200.00 including dessert. I would suggest no one ever go to this Red Lobster. You can get better service and treatment at McDonald's, and they are certainly cheaper and have seafood.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My wife and I went to the Red Lobster at Arundel Mills since we had a feeling for seafood. We have never been to this location before and when we went in, we were seated immediately (odd for a Saturday night). The waitress we had was extremely nice and very friendly, but the food we ordered was badly seasoned, overcooked, and after a few hours I was sick to my stomach. My wife said during dinner that she smelled something that wasn't quite right with her food, and I believe that the ingredients used were old. This is not the first time that we had a bad experience with Red Lobster, but we wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. NEVER AGAIN...

Original review: April 16, 2019

04/14 2019 @13:55 at Red lobster 0313 transaction #** (Gst 4). We sat at table 32. Waitress ID # ** she never give her name and had a bad attitude. It was a celebratory moment, so we picked Red lobster to do so. I, a Veteran of the Vietnam war, asked politely for a drink for me and my wife. I requested a double shot and my wife requested a single shot of Bacardi. She brought back two separate single shots and became angry when I questioned her about it. We ordered two hot wing orders. One was the smallest wings I had ever seen in my life while the other order was normal.

I then ordered for myself the Lobster in Paradise. it was burnt almost black and when I questioned her about it, she said, it was cooked in coconut oil and that's why it was burnt black. To me it looked like they had taken an unfinished Lobster Tail from another finished eating customer, reheated it and served it to me because the shell of the lobster was very brittle when I touched it with my fingers as well. Kenneth ** is my name and a Service Connected Veteran. Also, your establishment, I'm told by your managers, do not recognize Veterans. That Part Sir or Madam does not bother me, but terrible service and disrespect when dealing with food does.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Our meals were piping hot and delicious! Seafood tender, great service and we enjoyed everything we ate! Only problem, price too high. Lobster bisque was delicious. The plate with seafood and pasta was tender lots of seafood included with it. Lobster mashed potatoes were yummy, caprese salad served totally fresh.

Ate in WB, PA On 3/31/19.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Ordered online. Went to pick up order and staff was rude. Got home and shrimp was missing out of my order so I had to call and talk to a manager. She said she was sorry and asked could I come pick up the shrimp. I live 25 minutes away and having to go back and get something that they left off of my order was bad enough but when I went in to pick up the food, the girl behind the bar acted like I was trying to get free food! Very rude and shoved the shrimp at me! Shrimp was ice cold like it had just been sitting since I ordered. I used to love eating at Red Lobster but their service and food has declined over the years.

Red Lobster Company Information