3.6/5 (559 ratings)

About Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My typical Red Lobster experience is the food and service are always on point. This time however was absolutely exceptional. Leanne at the front was warm and welcoming with a family smile. Plus receiving a special visit from Manager Matt ** was a cherry on top. He paid kind attention to my daughter making polite conversation. Portion sizes were above expectations and I left stuffed and happy. A very special thanks to all.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

My friend and I went to eat on a Saturday around 3pm. Took 10 min before we were greeted and sat. Our server Aaron was great but food was dull and bland. $100 ticket. Never again. I expected better. It was really awful.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I was offered what I would call a kid's meal, 6 shrimp and some fries. This will only make me mad after I'm finished eating. So I ordered the ultimate feast, and told the waitress I wanted to speak with the manager. They never showed up. I think that all the Red Lobster will offer a veteran is a kid's meal. They are a disgrace to veterans. It would be better for the chain NOT to offer such a disgraceful free meal to veterans, it's an insult, like a slap in the face. As many times as I have eaten at Red Lobster, and enjoyed it, I think I will tell all my friends how they treat veterans. Another thing, I don't see me going there again. It won't be long before they feel crunch, and loss of business!!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Real horrible, nothing was right, no refills, left table dirty and Not worth 125 dollars. I deserve a refund. That's how bad it was. Nothing was right. I couldn't believe it. Even the biscuits were hard. Not again.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

On Sept 2, 2022 we went to RL in Anderson, SC as we have done several times. Food was requested to be prepared with no seasonings due to allergies. Was uneatable. Manager said, "If you have allergies, we don't want you to eat here, go somewhere else." His exact words. I was shocked. Sent complaint to RL headquarters. As of today 9/10. No response. My opinion of them currently is a do not return. Very unprofessional.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Columbia, MO restaurant. On 07/08/22 we called ahead to be on the “wait list,” and when we arrived at approximately 5:30 pm there were 2 people waiting, and very few people already seated. The host told us it would be about a 5 minute wait. We waited 25 minutes before being seated. We waited just a few minutes to order drinks and appetizers. The drinks, 3 teas 1 beer, 2 sprites, took another 20 minutes to come out. The appetizers, calamari and fried green beans, didn’t come for another 10 minutes after the drinks. (6:25pm)

We ordered our main courses when the appetizers arrived. 2 kids chicken strips and fries, 2 coconut shrimp plates (each 1 w/ brussels sprouts and 1 w/ lobster mashed potatoes and 1 w/ a salad and lobster mashed potatoes), 1 create your own pick 3 w/coconut shrimp, Walt’s shrimp, and shrimp scampi (w/ a salad and lobster mashed potatoes), and a salmon New Orleans (w/an extra skewer of shrimp, brussels sprouts, and lobster mashed potatoes).

The 2 salads came after approximately 20 minutes. (6:45pm) Approximately 55 minutes after we ordered the food started coming to the table in spurts, and none of it by our server. (7:20pm). The brussels sprouts on all three plates were not cooked through. They were blackened on the outside and very much raw on the inside. The shrimp on all of the plates was lukewarm to cool. The butter in the shrimp scampi was either not melted or was already hardening. The extra skewer of shrimp didn’t come to the table until the bill was being paid. The bill was printed at 1937(7:37pm).

A person (presumably a manager) came to the table to hear what we had to say about the food. He told us the situation was “unacceptable” and he would adjust our bill to make up for the issues. When our bill came it showed a $5.99 item comped to bring the bill all the way down to $168.13. I’ve got to tell you that $5.99 really made a huge difference in our experience. (If you’re not sure, that was dripping with sarcasm.) On our way out the door I noticed our waitress was working at the carry out counter. That might explain why she was scarce in the area of our table.

Overall this was one of the worst dining experiences I’ve had, if not the worst. I’m sure others have experienced worse, like bugs or vermin in the restaurant, or in the food, so I guess I should count myself lucky. Over 2 hours to get a substandard meal with substandard service at a premium price. Needless to say this was our last visit to Columbia, MO’s Red Lobster restaurant.

Original review: July 10, 2022

We were at the Lake Jackson Red Lobster restaurant (104 Highway 332) Saturday July 09 2022. Ordered started that was good, but when to the main plate, specific to my order (Admiral's Feast plate), it comes cold (like left over from a fish and chips plate). Worst the side french fries cold and forgot to include the second side.... It was observed to the table attendand but she didn't took any action.... But the drop that full the glass, my wife ordered twice the cheddar biscuits and they never showed up....and no refills offered.... Bottom line, don't know if because the hour (about 4:30 pm) or something else, but food and service dissapointed me and my wife....

Original review: June 18, 2022

Went to Red Lobster in Racine Wi for dinner for our 44th wedding anniversary. My husband ordered surf and turf and I ordered the harbor bay lobster feast. His was doused in butter and mine well, the noodles were soggy, lobster and shrimp were dried up, mussels were fishy, and the sauce had no flavor. Very bland. I had to put salt and pepper on it just to get a little flavor. Service extremely slow. The girl at front desk was very nice and checked on us more than our waitress did. I won't order that meal ever again. I will give them another try and for the prices you pay the meal and service better be better.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Today was dinner at Red Lobster - 7780 W Irlo Bronson Memorial HWY. Kissimmee, FL 34747. This was my first time at this restaurant chain and will probably be my last. The food was what you might call quite Ok, but service at restaurants was a tragedy. Was 2 people in the restaurant. Only after 5 minutes did I get a menu and after another 5 minutes she comes back and looks at me. Orders and when the food arrives it is delivered without a word. During dining never a word about how the food tastes. When paying never one word. But okay - I also paid without a word - and without tips. Good thing there are Applebeeˋs and Olive Garden as well as many others who know how to appreciate the customers.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have avoided Red Lobster for some time. I went today because the restaurant I prefer closes on Sunday. I ordered Bar Harbour Lobster fest. 3 mussels didn't open. The manager said they were safe they were pasteurized. He offered to replace them. I would not eat unopened mussels regardless. I will not go back.

Red Lobster Company Information