3.36/5

161 Red Lobster Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

My son wanted crab legs for Father's day. Spoiled his whole dinner. Ordered mozz. sticks. Most of them were hollow, sauce had been spilled on the plate, looked liked it had been dropped. No biscuits. Crab was overcooked. Fried shrimp undercooked. Veggies tasted old and mushy. No less than seven tables were left dirty, still had plates, floor dirty with crumbs and paper garbage along with the ladies room. Are you guys TRYING to close the place down? Quality has gone way down. Won't be returning.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Visited this location at about 6:30 pm on Saturday June 8, 2019. Waitress was surprised when I refused to give a phone number for seating call. Waited in lobby for about 3 minutes. Hostess took us to an unwashed table. Waiter was obviously inexperienced, and badly trained. I ordered a salad without dressing. It arrived in a hot bowl, and the lettuce was slimy, with black spots all over it. The plater had tried to hide this by piling on excessive amounts of shredded cheese. Manager said she would remove cost of salad from the bill, but she failed to do so. My entree (shrimp trio), and my wife's steak were both acceptable, but nothing special.

Bottom line, I paid fifty bucks for a dinner of low to mediocre meat and seafood, prepared with far too much salt and sugar (it might as well have been cooked at McDonald's, or Burger King), served by a waiter and a manager that weren't competent enough to run a lemonade stand. This will be my last trip to any Red Lobster restaurant.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Well, what an experience! Took my wife to Red Lobster, North 10th Street, McAllen, Texas 78504 for a Mother's Day Dinner. Wow! Made a reservation online and was seated within 10 minutes of the promised time. Great! Had a glass of wine while waiting and looking forward to a wonderful dinner on Mother's Day; a really special day when any mother deserves the very best.

We both ordered Walt's shrimp which is very good. Sides were Lobster mashed potatoes, house salad with ranch dressing onside, plus another order of Walts shrimps, house salad, add on the lobster tail, asparagus, and water for two. Lobster got lost on the way to the mashed potatoes. Well, never got the salad, the shrimp was brought without tartar sauce, one water, no lobster tail. What!!! Who doesn't serve the salad first? Unbelievable poor service. Finally got a "manager"? and explained our extreme dissatisfaction with the absence of service. The salads showed up about that time. Obviously. Red Lobster either does not train servers, doesn't care, or really does a poor job of training ab=n follow up. The server as a very clean-cut young man that was totally clueless of how to handle a customer and properly serve a customer. This really ruined my wife's Mother's Day. A real bummer.

Bottom line, I only had the Red Lobster biscuits and I think my wife had a couple of shrimp. We really got a good deal though. A ruined dinner, poor evening and only had to pay $11.68 for one glass of wine. What a rip off. Needless to say, we will never be back to Red Lobster 7617 North 10th Street, McAllen Texas 78504. Thank you for such a good deal to totally ruin my wife's Mother's Day dinner. We did go to Saltgrass Steakhouse afterward and had a great dinner for under $200.00 including dessert. I would suggest no one ever go to this Red Lobster. You can get better service and treatment at McDonald's, and they are certainly cheaper and have seafood.

Original review: April 28, 2019

My wife and I went to the Red Lobster at Arundel Mills since we had a feeling for seafood. We have never been to this location before and when we went in, we were seated immediately (odd for a Saturday night). The waitress we had was extremely nice and very friendly, but the food we ordered was badly seasoned, overcooked, and after a few hours I was sick to my stomach. My wife said during dinner that she smelled something that wasn't quite right with her food, and I believe that the ingredients used were old. This is not the first time that we had a bad experience with Red Lobster, but we wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. NEVER AGAIN...

Original review: April 16, 2019

04/14 2019 @13:55 at Red lobster 0313 transaction #** (Gst 4). We sat at table 32. Waitress ID # ** she never give her name and had a bad attitude. It was a celebratory moment, so we picked Red lobster to do so. I, a Veteran of the Vietnam war, asked politely for a drink for me and my wife. I requested a double shot and my wife requested a single shot of Bacardi. She brought back two separate single shots and became angry when I questioned her about it. We ordered two hot wing orders. One was the smallest wings I had ever seen in my life while the other order was normal.

I then ordered for myself the Lobster in Paradise. it was burnt almost black and when I questioned her about it, she said, it was cooked in coconut oil and that's why it was burnt black. To me it looked like they had taken an unfinished Lobster Tail from another finished eating customer, reheated it and served it to me because the shell of the lobster was very brittle when I touched it with my fingers as well. Kenneth ** is my name and a Service Connected Veteran. Also, your establishment, I'm told by your managers, do not recognize Veterans. That Part Sir or Madam does not bother me, but terrible service and disrespect when dealing with food does.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Our meals were piping hot and delicious! Seafood tender, great service and we enjoyed everything we ate! Only problem, price too high. Lobster bisque was delicious. The plate with seafood and pasta was tender lots of seafood included with it. Lobster mashed potatoes were yummy, caprese salad served totally fresh.

Ate in WB, PA On 3/31/19.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Ordered online. Went to pick up order and staff was rude. Got home and shrimp was missing out of my order so I had to call and talk to a manager. She said she was sorry and asked could I come pick up the shrimp. I live 25 minutes away and having to go back and get something that they left off of my order was bad enough but when I went in to pick up the food, the girl behind the bar acted like I was trying to get free food! Very rude and shoved the shrimp at me! Shrimp was ice cold like it had just been sitting since I ordered. I used to love eating at Red Lobster but their service and food has declined over the years.

Original review: March 11, 2019

While visiting my daughter in PA we wanted to try Red Lobster as we've never been there. The commercials make your mouth water. Well, we went to the one in Lancaster PA. The waitress was very nice but that was all I can say nice about the visit. The food was so bad. The lobster was so overcooked you couldn't chew it. The steaks were overcooked and under seasoned. The lobster bisque was just bad. 200.00 I spent for food we didn't even want to box up to take home. The artichoke dip was so over nuked we didn't touch it. Oh the rolls were very good. I filled up on those. My daughter didn't want to make a complaint so we paid and left. But the more I thought about it, I had to comment. At least now the commercials don't make me crave Red Lobster anymore.

Original review: March 7, 2019

My friend and I usually do the lobster feast at least once a year for past few years. This time the rock lobster tail was dry yet not fully cooked. So, this is our last meal here - way too much money for lobster specially not prepared properly and mediocre service. Too many other restaurants to choose from in our area.

Original review: March 6, 2019

The food was horrible. The baked potato was Triple baked Dried burnt and cold. The med steak was dried completely out and the Broccoli on my plate was also cold. I had steak Lobster and Lobster in garlic sauce. The Lobster in Garlic sauce tasted spoiled. (x2 meals) We had already sent 1 plate back that was bad. Celebrating a 74 year bday a very vain persons easily upset not liking to send food back to the kitchen. We just enjoyed our cocktails. 3 out 4 people at the table were disappointed and unable to complete the meal. The food arrived and the table had not been cleaned from appetizers salads and bread. This was a total waste of $170. Third time in a row dissatisfied with the Wayne, NJ location.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Went for a birthday dinner at Findlay Ohio Red Lobster, great waitress, unfortunately the lobster served was not cooked and not edible, bill was 188.00. Tipped 40, it wasn’t the waitress fault, not one person but 3 of the four of us.

Original review: March 2, 2019

First let me say I'm a longtime Landry's select club member and I've visited a lot of Landry's restaurants and by far last night was the worst time I've ever had at a Landry's restaurant. The staff was slow to great and even slower to serve, as nice as she was it can't make up for the poor service. It took 10 min to get a glass of water and 30 min to get our appetizers and it was nasty, old and over salted. Red Lobster should steep the game. I will not revisit that location again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

2/21/19 Waitress was great but food was horrible. Biscuit was hard and burnt. We sent them back for softer biscuits but got the same kind like twice then we had dip and it was burnt. Everything was bad... The manager (TARA!!!) was so bad. When I told her how bad the food was she was just like, "I'ma retrain my team," and walk away. She was not nice at all. If it was the old me things would of went different. They are so horrible...DONT EVER GO HERE. THEY DONT GIVE A ** ABOUT WHAT THEY SERVE YOU. PLEASE DONT EAT HERE!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Just returned from dining at the Red Lobster in Vancouver, WA. The service was slow, with only one server on duty. The hostess seemed to be more in the bar area than greeting people. For 2:30 in the afternoon, the drink order was slow in coming. Our order, 2 ultimate lobster feasts, was taken several minutes later, even though we were ready to order and said so. Salads arrived about 8 minutes later, and the food arrived about 15-20 minutes after that, with the server confusing our two plates, one with rice and one without. Hmm.

The lobster was not succulent, and had that "frozen taste". The steak was inedible and was returned for yet another lobster tail. A mixture of tomatoes and lobster is still a mystery to me. We declined dessert. To make up for the inedible steak, the server offered a "small chocolate sundae," which, after our decline of the normal dessert, seemed redundant. About the only good thing were the two mai-tais, and the water. This particular establishment used to offer really superb food and service. Not anymore. We will not be returning to this or any other Red Lobster.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Date 2-16-19, arrived about 4:30 pm. Seated right away and server was over shortly and took our drink order. Someone else brought some biscuits about 10 minutes later. 30 minutes later we still had no drinks and were out of biscuits. Server came over and apologized for the delay in our drinks and said they'd be right out. Drinks came about 10 minutes later but were wrong drinks. The wrong one was taken back and within minutes the correct drink was brought out immediately followed by our food, which was then cold.

I think the server had originally forgot to put the drink order in and because of that everything that followed was also delayed. A manager was walking by and noticed we were nearly done with our meals and asked how things were. My husband told him the truth. "Cold." Without a word he walked off, found the server and took her into the back. I'm guessing she was questioned as to why our food was cold.

Last thing was the bill which came about 20 mins after the table was cleared. This next part is what is MOST disturbing to me. The server took our credit card to the register, which was about 6 feet from our table, rang up our bill, but then put it in her pocket and disappeared into the back for about 10 mins. Why'd she have to take my credit card into the back?? I've had my credit cards compromised a lot in the last couple of years, thus this action by the server really bothers me. Don't take off behind closed doors with someone's credit card.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

One Sunday I decided to treat myself to a show and dinner. Red Lobster was my choice for dinner. The food was delicious but my drink, Chivas Regal on ice, was very weak... Plus it cost me $10. Wow... I could have added a few more bucks and got a half pint. I am a long time drinker of Chivas and I know the taste of a young bottle and an old bottle. The older the smoother. The drink I was served was watered down and it was not because of the ice. Will eat there again but will do my drinking elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We arrived at 11:50 a.m. at the Red Lobster in Beachwood Ohio. We were told it would be about 15 minutes. The restaurant may have had 10 other customers at the time. We were finally seated about 12:40. Then we sat there for about 20 minutes and a waiter brought water and biscuits to our table. After about twenty more minutes the waiter came to ask for our drink orders. I am not even sure how long it was after that the waiter came and took our orders and we had our dinner. I told the waiter when he brought our food that I had an order to go and I placed it. When the checks came four of the checks were wrong.

Finally the payments were complete and we asked for the take out order three times after it had been placed over an hour earlier. We asked another waitress would she check on the order and she went in the kitchen and brought us the order that still did not have the salad with it. The waiter had told us earlier he was going to ask the manager to come over because of everything going wrong. We never saw the manager. I thought the service may have changed since the last time I was there. BUT IT TRULY IS WORST!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My wife and went to lunch yesterday at her request. Had not been there for a while. Place was mostly empty but they sat us way in the back area. Service was just fair and server appeared to not like their job. Prices were way overpriced for lunch or dinner. Our food was just okay but the stuffed mushrooms (6) were small, dry and $9.99. Would not recommend or return. Find other seafood place worthwhile. Decent place several years ago. Too bad...

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

On October 1, 2018 (my Birthday) I didn't eat the entire day because I wanted Lobster. I called in an order for the ultimate feast and a shrimp skewer. When I finally made it to the Red Lobster located in Hattiesburg, Ms, I went to the check in desk and picked up a menu looking at prices. The take out counter waitress was sitting on a bar stool talking to a couple that was waiting their order. She immediately walked over, snatched my menu and walked behind the bar. I told her I had a call in order but I didn't remember the shrimp skewer was so high, she said "so I'll take it off" then walked off. She went to the end of the bar and started back talking to the couple (ignoring me). After they left she rang up my order (without my shrimp skewer) that I really wanted. She got my payment with a no thank you, no drink offer, nothing.

She walked off again, 45 minutes later A big sweaty looking man walked to the bar handed me my bag and said very nicely and pleasantly "here is your order, sorry for your wait. Thank you. Have a nice night, enjoy." The waitress never came back with her bad attitude. On another occasion, January 11-13, 2019, I was in Athens, Al. for a convention. We went to Red Lobster in Decatur, Al. It took 20 minutes to get a drink then another 45 minutes to get a waitress to take our order, a hour and 15 minutes to get our food after that. And it was cold when we got it, every waitress we stopped for help she said she not our waitress. We couldn't even get drink refills. We finally got the person that seated us to find our waitress to let us pay and give us to go boxes. We got out of there, stopped and got other food and went to the hotel and ate. That was a waste of valuable time and money. Expensive Lesson Learned!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I had called the South Lindberg location in St. Louis at 1:30 pm 12/8/2018, and made reservations for a booth for two for a first date for 6:00 pm. Upon arriving at the check in desk, after a 10 minute delay, they were finally able to produce my reservation and was told we would have a 15 min wait. Sitting there and watching walk in customers check in and go get seated was not easy to take. Why even bother making reservations then?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Red Lobster is offering a pick 4 for a meal. The lobster tail was barely bigger than a large shrimp. The shrimp scampi was 4 tiny shrimp with no flavor. The coconut shrimp were burned. The scallops were cooked and that is the best I can say about them. There was enough food on the platter for a child. Having dined at the Red Lobster in Springfield Ohio this was so so so awful we will never eat at this one again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I had the wild caught flounder lunch. The price was $8.99. A slightly high price for fish and frozen french fries. The fish portion consisted three TINY pieces of fish, overcooked, tough and very dry.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Our server which was named Brandon at the Orland Park location had us waiting for our food. I was celebrating my birthday and the server did not sing Happy birthday or offer if we would like to have dessert. He also refused to give us a refill on our shrimp. We were doing the endless shrimp. We had to wait a long time between refills. Discriminating service. I will not be returning to this Red Lobster.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband was giving a 50 dollar gift certificate so we decided to go. We've been married 38 years. When we got our food the lobster was rubbery and cold. The potatoes were overcooked and the vegetables were also cold. My husband ordered scallops which were cooked right. As to say I will never go back and I have heard this from many who say the same thing. I think I would hire a chef who knows how to cook.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My friend and I visited Red Lobster yesterday after having not visited for many years. I was truly looking forward to it as I love seafood and visiting Red Lobster used to be an extremely nice dining experience. We had a truly wonderful server and we were happy with the food. However I was extremely disappointed with the decor, atmosphere, and lack of table setting. There were no drink coasters, no cloth napkins, no table caddy with vinegar, etc... Just none of the added details that used to make dining at Red Lobster something to look forward to. It seems the only thing that has moved forward is the pricing. Disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We love Red Lobster and realize it’s a gamble ordering crab legs. But the last few times we dined there we’ve come up empty. We were expecting crab when we cracked the shells but came up empty. Over a couple visits we could have spent 20 dollars at Sam's Club and received four times the crab we spent for meals at Red Lobster. The king crab is the most meatless of them but the most expensive and the snow crab is just as bad.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was excited to try Red Lobster again. I had a bad experience a while ago and wanted to give it another try. I love shrimp. After our dinner we went to Lowe's across the street and working 20min I was in the ladies room sick.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I visited my usual Red Lobster restaurant 10/26/2018. The service was slow and the food helping size was very small for the amount of money you're charged. I have been going to the Red Lobster in Secaucus NJ from the time they first open. This is the first time we were very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

Even though I realize writing this review and commentary is probably a colossal waste of time, I nonetheless feel I must do what I can to call attention to the sad state of this restaurant chain’s affairs. We had decided a few years ago to forego Red Lobster when choosing a restaurant because of the failing quality of food and service we were witnessing at the ones we visited. Yesterday around six we returned from a day of shopping in Lansing and hadn’t stopped to eat all day. Just before we got into Grand Rapids my wife suggested we stop at the Red Lobster on 28th street and give it one more try.

What a mistake! The fall from grace we experienced prior to swearing off the restaurant chain a few years ago had unfortunately continued and, apparently, fully manifested itself at this location. Not only was the food quality less than stellar, but the service had reached a new low. Our server was the worse example of customer service my wife and I had experienced since we both could remember. She was brash and dismissive, mostly reminding us of Omarosa. Her style was to deliver clandestine character attacks while simultaneously posing as a legitimate waitress. It was obvious that she was purposely trying to make us feel small merely because we were requesting that she actually serve us what we wanted.

Unfortunately we were so hungry that we decided to bear the insulting treatment as long as we could in hopes that we could just get something to eat. During the meal we were forced to bear even more of the server’s questionable behavior. She smirked at every request from us and made no attempt to assuage our obvious mounting fears that we were being treated unfairly. As we neared completion of our “meal” we were treated to a visit from the manager. Obviously the manager had collaborated with our server prior to the table visit. To our complete surprise, she immediately began to defend her waitress and, by default, suggested that we were out of line in our decision to complain. This was the last straw. I immediately told her that we would be compiling a written complaint to be delivered to the corporate offices in Orlando.

Prior to writing this, I tried to see how the restaurant chain had fared with other patrons by checking out reviews in forums such as Yelp and ConsumerAffairs. That’s when I began to realize that what we had experienced really wasn’t news. It seems the restaurant chain’s problems with questionable food quality and terrible service is well known throughout the country. That fact suggested to us that the corporate mindset at the top of the organization was not only accepting of these problems, but possibly bordering on being complicit in their manifestations. We could conceive of no other reason why such activity would be tolerated by a public organization of this size. I dare say we will never return to this establishment, nor will we patronize another Red Lobster restaurant in any location until we are convinced through credible sources that the above issues have been addressed and adequately remediated.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I went to Red Lobster for my birthday on 10/2/18 and I got a lobster tail, jumbo shrimp, and a piece of salmon. I don't know what was bad but I got a horrible case of food poisoning. 4 hrs after eating I was deathly sick. For 10 hours I was violently vomiting and had severe diarrhea. I had horrible pains in my stomach. I was going to go to the ER but I couldn't even walk to my vehicle. My arms and legs were numb from dehydration. I don't know how long it will take to ever go there again. I was at the Red Lobster in Pleasant Hills, PA. This is 3 days later and I still don't feel right!!!

Red Lobster Company Information