2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Red Lobster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: April 6, 2021

This is my second time here with a bad experience..though this is the worse ever. Went in on Monday for shrimp night..waitress who never identified herself came over, we order dinner. She kept disappearing so we waited and when she came back I said I would have the 2 shrimp dishes... She said I can only order one refill at a time. She was gone again and this time for so long another waiter came over and asked what we needed and he ordered us a whole bunch of shrimp refills.. He brought them out and then she brought some out and was gone again and then another server brought more out... When we asked Darius for napkins he yelled at my husband that he is bringing someone their food and he will be right there. I said, "Well he can't see you behind him... He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.." Darius rolled his eyes, shook his head and never came back.

After all the time we waited for our server, she came running over when it was time to pay...left with our credit card for another 10 minutes.. I finally stood up and asked the bartender for take out containers and to get our credit card back. She comes back and thanks us for our patience...really.. Well she certainly wasn't going to thank us for our tip...since we didn't leave one. The last time we have been there at prime time there are only like 4 tables occupied...now I know why. There are so many excellent restaurants in this area...we certainly don't need to go there for horrible service. This is the 2nd and last time...there are no more chances. I complained about the visit and rudeness of Darius on my last review a few weeks ago and didn't hear a thing but that should not surprise me.. There were 2 managers on last night and they could have cared less about anything.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I've never received an extra order of shrimp before I got the original meal. The service was so slow, it seemed like everything took forever. My walts shrimp was overcooked, our biscuits were never hot and my wife's Cajun pasta was bland and flavorless. My wife complained to the waitress and asked to see the manager but she was too busy helping in the kitchen. She told the waitress to tell us that we didn't have to pay for our meals which we appreciated but I was surprised to get a bill for the extra salad and coleslaw that we ordered. I spent 18.00 and felt robbed and totally unsatisfied. We figured we had to wait for over 40 minutes total for everything. I guess the manager, Deana, was too busy cooking, and doing it poorly, to speak to her customers and see what the problem are. The restaurant didn't seem too busy or crowded but it did seem understaffed.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Burger had me puking when I got home. No quality control, no consistency. Last time I go there. Do not eat here unless you are prepared to be disappointed, disrespected, and insulted. Teach your cooks how to cook!!

Original review: March 3, 2021

Just ordered Red Lobster for delivery for 2 of us. Ordered through GrubHub the Lobster, Shrimp, Salmon Feast with 2 sides. Picture on website looked like a substantial meal, but because there were 2 of us, we added a side of shrimp scampi. For $50.69 (including separate service fee, delivery fee, sales tax and driver tip) we got a total of 4 bites of lobster, 10 small shrimp, a 2.5 ounce salmon filet, 2 small side salads, and 2 biscuits. The seafood, what little bit there was, was dry and lacking flavor. We are so disappointed. We will never order Red Lobster again!!! Also now questioning all the additional fees charged by GrubHub.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Am disgusted with the staff at the Powers location. My family and have been patronizing this restaurant for YEARS. We celebrate birthdays and other celebrations at your establishment...until now. I called a few hours ahead and spoke with Roy and gave him a heads up that 8 of us were planning to come in between 4:30 and 5pm but my mother would get there around 4:30 to check in. I let him know that we would like the Captain's room if it is available. We were just there for my mother's birthday in June. I am very aware of all of the Covid rules from prior dining experiences.

When my mother and 86 year old grandmother got there to check in, they were told that the table was ready but they could not be seated because the rest of us were not there yet. My mom asked if they were busy, and they said "no, it's really slow right now". My mom asked why if it is really slow, then why couldn't she and her 86 year old mother sit in the room at the table that was already set up for us. She was told that she could not be seated until everyone was seated again. She asked if they could wait inside since it was chilly out. They told her no again, that due to Covid rules that they could not wait inside, which is ridiculous since the restaurant was really "slow" and well under maximum capacity for covid rules. They told her that they could wait in the car.

My mom is now furious and asked them if they thought it was prudent to have an 86 year old woman to WALK all the way back to the car, and then all the way back unto the restaurant instead of just letting them sit at the table that was already set up for us and we were arriving very shortly after her. When I arrived a few minutes later where I found my grandmother sitting on the outside bench with a light jacket, freezing, and my mother beyond furious. We should have left right there. I went inside and asked why my grandmother was not seated and a nice waitress said she would go ahead and seat us. The damage was done. My mother and I were still too angry to enjoy our celebration dinner and I asked to speak with the manager on duty so we could vent our frustration so we could enjoy our dinner. Stephanie never came, so I was even more irritated upon leaving.

I did stop on the way out to speak with Stephanie, where she blamed everything on Covid rules and lame excuses. She then argued with me when I challenged any common sense things they could have done to appease their loyal guests. I told her I should have went somewhere else and will not make that mistake again, she didn't care. I told here we would never patronize this establishment ever again, and she said "ok". With all of the restrictions and cut into restaurant businesses I would think that our $200 to $350 celebratory dinners would be more appreciated. All they had to do was sit my mom and Grandmother a few minutes before the rest of us got there, it's not like it was 30 min to an hour. 10 to 15 minutes and they expected my grandmother to walk back to the car and then back to the restaurant or wait outside in the cold.

I know there are rules for large parties for a reason but there could have been an exception for a loyal elderly guest. And it was made so much worse by Stephanie's non caring attitude if we ever came back again. There are 8 of us and that is a lot of word of mouth and bad reviews. We will never be back to either one of the Red Lobsters in Colorado Springs. When your patrons are no longer important to you, the less patrons you will have, and that is how businesses go out of business. With so many businesses going out due to this pandemic, I would think that our regular loyal business would mean more. I guess not.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Still waiting for my refund from Mother’s Day, 2 months later! I would like my $77. Please! I called at least 4 different times. Now today, I was told it’ll be a few weeks. Um how is this good business?

Original review: July 10, 2020

My wife ordered a family package (supposedly for 4 people) but we received a package that was barely enough for two, we had to order double food from another restaurant to eat 3. They should not advertise misleading offers. Sad.

Original review: July 8, 2020

We went to this restaurant (Mechanicsburg PA) at approx 1115am on this visit. We ordered...I ordered the combo platter with a double order of whitefish only to be told by the waitress about 5 min later that they were OUT of fish. I'm not at all sure how this happens at days opening. She then proceeded to basically tell me what I could have...she brought me 12 broiled shrimp with NO sauce or butter (it was DRY and overcooked) and a CAESAR salad when I had clearly stated I wanted a regular house salad with ranch dressing. I have dietary issues and was not happy at all and she knew it.

I was still charged the full amount for the combo that I did NOT receive and when I asked for a manager was told that one was not available.... I gave all the above asked for at the time/date of the incident directly to Red Lobster contact us, only to get an email over a week later from them telling me that I need to REDO it... I cannot even begin to tell you how disappointed I am!!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

They took my money without providing the food. For Mother's Day I placed my order online with pickup time of 1:49pm. I paid online for my order. Once at the door I had to wait for more than 3 hours and still nothing. There WERE no physical distancing for covid 19. WHEN THE DOOR OPEN EVERYONE JUMPS AT THE DOOR. With NO MASKS. I called the restaurant. No answer. I spoke to 2 employees at the restaurant. They had no clue how long it will take. One employee her Name Sheryl who told me to call tomorrow. Are your restaurant using the covid 19 to take consumers' money. I lost my money. They ruined my Mother's Day. The restaurant cannot be reach. Only to place a new order. The call centre agent cannot help. Please avoid this restaurant.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Due to the Corona Virus we were unable to dine in to my mother once favorite restaurant. I was never a big fan but this was her day. We decided to use the delivery option and it was a mess. Not only did the food smell bad, was unedible and cold, the entire order was wrong, the desert was not what we ordered, there was 1 biskit in the basket when the menu clearly said 4. Our entrees were wrong and I even tried calling the location, tweeting them, emailing them and calling hq with no response from anyone. To say this was a dumpsterfire would be an understatement. I paid over $100 for food we had to throw away and wasn't even what we ordered.

Red Lobster Company Information