3.6/5 (380 ratings)

About Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

On Sept 2, 2022 we went to RL in Anderson, SC as we have done several times. Food was requested to be prepared with no seasonings due to allergies. Was uneatable. Manager said, "If you have allergies, we don't want you to eat here, go somewhere else." His exact words. I was shocked. Sent complaint to RL headquarters. As of today 9/10. No response. My opinion of them currently is a do not return. Very unprofessional.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Columbia, MO restaurant. On 07/08/22 we called ahead to be on the “wait list,” and when we arrived at approximately 5:30 pm there were 2 people waiting, and very few people already seated. The host told us it would be about a 5 minute wait. We waited 25 minutes before being seated. We waited just a few minutes to order drinks and appetizers. The drinks, 3 teas 1 beer, 2 sprites, took another 20 minutes to come out. The appetizers, calamari and fried green beans, didn’t come for another 10 minutes after the drinks. (6:25pm)

We ordered our main courses when the appetizers arrived. 2 kids chicken strips and fries, 2 coconut shrimp plates (each 1 w/ brussels sprouts and 1 w/ lobster mashed potatoes and 1 w/ a salad and lobster mashed potatoes), 1 create your own pick 3 w/coconut shrimp, Walt’s shrimp, and shrimp scampi (w/ a salad and lobster mashed potatoes), and a salmon New Orleans (w/an extra skewer of shrimp, brussels sprouts, and lobster mashed potatoes).

The 2 salads came after approximately 20 minutes. (6:45pm) Approximately 55 minutes after we ordered the food started coming to the table in spurts, and none of it by our server. (7:20pm). The brussels sprouts on all three plates were not cooked through. They were blackened on the outside and very much raw on the inside. The shrimp on all of the plates was lukewarm to cool. The butter in the shrimp scampi was either not melted or was already hardening. The extra skewer of shrimp didn’t come to the table until the bill was being paid. The bill was printed at 1937(7:37pm).

A person (presumably a manager) came to the table to hear what we had to say about the food. He told us the situation was “unacceptable” and he would adjust our bill to make up for the issues. When our bill came it showed a $5.99 item comped to bring the bill all the way down to $168.13. I’ve got to tell you that $5.99 really made a huge difference in our experience. (If you’re not sure, that was dripping with sarcasm.) On our way out the door I noticed our waitress was working at the carry out counter. That might explain why she was scarce in the area of our table.

Overall this was one of the worst dining experiences I’ve had, if not the worst. I’m sure others have experienced worse, like bugs or vermin in the restaurant, or in the food, so I guess I should count myself lucky. Over 2 hours to get a substandard meal with substandard service at a premium price. Needless to say this was our last visit to Columbia, MO’s Red Lobster restaurant.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2022

We were at the Lake Jackson Red Lobster restaurant (104 Highway 332) Saturday July 09 2022. Ordered started that was good, but when to the main plate, specific to my order (Admiral's Feast plate), it comes cold (like left over from a fish and chips plate). Worst the side french fries cold and forgot to include the second side.... It was observed to the table attendand but she didn't took any action.... But the drop that full the glass, my wife ordered twice the cheddar biscuits and they never showed up....and no refills offered.... Bottom line, don't know if because the hour (about 4:30 pm) or something else, but food and service dissapointed me and my wife....

Original review: June 18, 2022

Went to Red Lobster in Racine Wi for dinner for our 44th wedding anniversary. My husband ordered surf and turf and I ordered the harbor bay lobster feast. His was doused in butter and mine well, the noodles were soggy, lobster and shrimp were dried up, mussels were fishy, and the sauce had no flavor. Very bland. I had to put salt and pepper on it just to get a little flavor. Service extremely slow. The girl at front desk was very nice and checked on us more than our waitress did. I won't order that meal ever again. I will give them another try and for the prices you pay the meal and service better be better.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Today was dinner at Red Lobster - 7780 W Irlo Bronson Memorial HWY. Kissimmee, FL 34747. This was my first time at this restaurant chain and will probably be my last. The food was what you might call quite Ok, but service at restaurants was a tragedy. Was 2 people in the restaurant. Only after 5 minutes did I get a menu and after another 5 minutes she comes back and looks at me. Orders and when the food arrives it is delivered without a word. During dining never a word about how the food tastes. When paying never one word. But okay - I also paid without a word - and without tips. Good thing there are Applebeeˋs and Olive Garden as well as many others who know how to appreciate the customers.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have avoided Red Lobster for some time. I went today because the restaurant I prefer closes on Sunday. I ordered Bar Harbour Lobster fest. 3 mussels didn't open. The manager said they were safe they were pasteurized. He offered to replace them. I would not eat unopened mussels regardless. I will not go back.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Ashley ** was my server on this evening. She was so awesome. Everything I asked for was delivered to the table fast. She even read my thoughts and brought more napkins. Ashley is so attentive and her kindness in memorable. She mixed my peach tea just right. Usually it's too sweet. I am very particular and she listened to a T. She was so pleasant!! Anytime I go I want Ashley E. She should be in management. I shared that with the GM Brenna who is originally from the Virginia Beach location. Brenna was a joy to talk with. Wishing her the best here in NC. :) See you soon!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

My family of 5 came to the Newnan location and has the worst experience. We arrived at 6:30pm and the hostess refused to greet us. I gave her the total number of proton our family which was 5. She rolled her eyes and stepped away to speak with 2 other staff at the bar. The hostess came back and stated she doesn’t have seating for 5 people when clearly there were tons of booths available.

I requested to speak with a manager due to the belligerent behavior. The hostess stormed away from the hostess stand and all of the staff went to the kitchen. A pleasant ** woman came to the hostess stand to assist us and apologized for the hostesses rude behavior. The hostess or staff never returned to the hostess stand to seat us. We left the restaurant after being treated so horrible. We have decided to never return to this location due to the extremely rude, belligerent and disrespectful behavior we received. We will definitely let our family, friends and co-workers know of our experience especially since we are heavily affiliated with some of the Fortune 500 companies.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Went to Red Lobster in Round Rock TX last night. We have been loyal customers for years but this horrible experience has turned us away from every going back. Our server did not know the menu, was confused about questions we asked regarding the food and after waiting about 15 min she deferred us to her supervisor who never even came to our table. My husband does not eat fried food. He wanted shrimp and scallops either grilled or broiled. He asked the server if he could pick from the combinations to get his meal the way he wanted. She was no help, only confused us with no choices to help.

He ultimately decided on make your own combination of shrimp and scallops grilled. Well he got 5 shrimps and 5 scallops for $19.00, bare on the plate nothing else. Also, when we got the bill there was an addition of $3.99 for bacon wrapped scallops, which he did not order or get. We questioned her and she said she would talk to her manager. Well, after this 15 min she came back and only took off $1.00. We were too tired to argue and paid the bill and left. Will never go back to any Red Lobster again.

Original review: July 26, 2021

On Sunday July, 25 we placed the order for my daughter birthday. Paid $180. It was five different orders for the guests. Each order that we got was nasty and oversalted. How can they screw up every single plate? Never again - order from this place. Awful experience!!! Don't order from this place.!!! You going to be very disappointed!!!

Red Lobster Company Information