2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.4/5 (296 ratings)

About Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: June 24, 2021

I use to love Red Lobster but, they have went down tremendously. I order Shrimp Alfredo Pasta. It tasted like jar sauce with added salt. The Lobster was bland. I will not waste my money at Red Lobster no more.

Original review: June 20, 2021

On Friday, I ordered a 3 course meal which consisted of coconut shrimp, white fish, and fried clams. When I got home there was no sauce for the coconut shrimp and my bake potato was rotten. I paid over $30 for this meal so I put it in the fridge for the next day. I went back to Red Lobster and I told the girl at the counter about no sauce for the shrimp and the rotten baked potato. She says to me, "So what else do you want to order." I told her, "Nothing else. I came to get a replacement for what was wrong with the meal the night before." She gave me a real dirty look and walked away.

The gentleman manager came out and asked me what was wrong. I told him the girl gave me dirty looks and I asked for the two items. He said he would get it for me plus he would provide sour cream and butter. I told I just needed the items I requested. Most of the time, I order as carryout because I still don't feel safe due to the Covid. The time before, they gave me a cold meal. I don't know what is happening to this restaurant. When you spend money you want it made right. This manager is always nice. He needs to get on his people. It will be a while before I go back there.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2021

My husband and I were there today. First time we were out due to Covid. Asked for a table due to my disability. It is physically impossible for me to get in and out of booth. Hostess brought us to a booth. We moved to a table that was empty. She came running over to us SCREAMING, "You can’t sit there."

Asked for another table. She looked at us like we had gone crazy. Asked to speak to manager. He finally came out. Told him why we were leaving and he said nothing. Red Lobster lost a very loyal customer!

Original review: April 6, 2021

This is my second time here with a bad experience..though this is the worse ever. Went in on Monday for shrimp night..waitress who never identified herself came over, we order dinner. She kept disappearing so we waited and when she came back I said I would have the 2 shrimp dishes... She said I can only order one refill at a time. She was gone again and this time for so long another waiter came over and asked what we needed and he ordered us a whole bunch of shrimp refills.. He brought them out and then she brought some out and was gone again and then another server brought more out... When we asked Darius for napkins he yelled at my husband that he is bringing someone their food and he will be right there. I said, "Well he can't see you behind him... He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.." Darius rolled his eyes, shook his head and never came back.

After all the time we waited for our server, she came running over when it was time to pay...left with our credit card for another 10 minutes.. I finally stood up and asked the bartender for take out containers and to get our credit card back. She comes back and thanks us for our patience...really.. Well she certainly wasn't going to thank us for our tip...since we didn't leave one. The last time we have been there at prime time there are only like 4 tables occupied...now I know why. There are so many excellent restaurants in this area...we certainly don't need to go there for horrible service. This is the 2nd and last time...there are no more chances. I complained about the visit and rudeness of Darius on my last review a few weeks ago and didn't hear a thing but that should not surprise me.. There were 2 managers on last night and they could have cared less about anything.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I've never received an extra order of shrimp before I got the original meal. The service was so slow, it seemed like everything took forever. My walts shrimp was overcooked, our biscuits were never hot and my wife's Cajun pasta was bland and flavorless. My wife complained to the waitress and asked to see the manager but she was too busy helping in the kitchen. She told the waitress to tell us that we didn't have to pay for our meals which we appreciated but I was surprised to get a bill for the extra salad and coleslaw that we ordered. I spent 18.00 and felt robbed and totally unsatisfied. We figured we had to wait for over 40 minutes total for everything. I guess the manager, Deana, was too busy cooking, and doing it poorly, to speak to her customers and see what the problem are. The restaurant didn't seem too busy or crowded but it did seem understaffed.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Burger had me puking when I got home. No quality control, no consistency. Last time I go there. Do not eat here unless you are prepared to be disappointed, disrespected, and insulted. Teach your cooks how to cook!!

Original review: March 3, 2021

Just ordered Red Lobster for delivery for 2 of us. Ordered through GrubHub the Lobster, Shrimp, Salmon Feast with 2 sides. Picture on website looked like a substantial meal, but because there were 2 of us, we added a side of shrimp scampi. For $50.69 (including separate service fee, delivery fee, sales tax and driver tip) we got a total of 4 bites of lobster, 10 small shrimp, a 2.5 ounce salmon filet, 2 small side salads, and 2 biscuits. The seafood, what little bit there was, was dry and lacking flavor. We are so disappointed. We will never order Red Lobster again!!! Also now questioning all the additional fees charged by GrubHub.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Am disgusted with the staff at the Powers location. My family and have been patronizing this restaurant for YEARS. We celebrate birthdays and other celebrations at your establishment...until now. I called a few hours ahead and spoke with Roy and gave him a heads up that 8 of us were planning to come in between 4:30 and 5pm but my mother would get there around 4:30 to check in. I let him know that we would like the Captain's room if it is available. We were just there for my mother's birthday in June. I am very aware of all of the Covid rules from prior dining experiences.

When my mother and 86 year old grandmother got there to check in, they were told that the table was ready but they could not be seated because the rest of us were not there yet. My mom asked if they were busy, and they said "no, it's really slow right now". My mom asked why if it is really slow, then why couldn't she and her 86 year old mother sit in the room at the table that was already set up for us. She was told that she could not be seated until everyone was seated again. She asked if they could wait inside since it was chilly out. They told her no again, that due to Covid rules that they could not wait inside, which is ridiculous since the restaurant was really "slow" and well under maximum capacity for covid rules. They told her that they could wait in the car.

My mom is now furious and asked them if they thought it was prudent to have an 86 year old woman to WALK all the way back to the car, and then all the way back unto the restaurant instead of just letting them sit at the table that was already set up for us and we were arriving very shortly after her. When I arrived a few minutes later where I found my grandmother sitting on the outside bench with a light jacket, freezing, and my mother beyond furious. We should have left right there. I went inside and asked why my grandmother was not seated and a nice waitress said she would go ahead and seat us. The damage was done. My mother and I were still too angry to enjoy our celebration dinner and I asked to speak with the manager on duty so we could vent our frustration so we could enjoy our dinner. Stephanie never came, so I was even more irritated upon leaving.

I did stop on the way out to speak with Stephanie, where she blamed everything on Covid rules and lame excuses. She then argued with me when I challenged any common sense things they could have done to appease their loyal guests. I told her I should have went somewhere else and will not make that mistake again, she didn't care. I told here we would never patronize this establishment ever again, and she said "ok". With all of the restrictions and cut into restaurant businesses I would think that our $200 to $350 celebratory dinners would be more appreciated. All they had to do was sit my mom and Grandmother a few minutes before the rest of us got there, it's not like it was 30 min to an hour. 10 to 15 minutes and they expected my grandmother to walk back to the car and then back to the restaurant or wait outside in the cold.

I know there are rules for large parties for a reason but there could have been an exception for a loyal elderly guest. And it was made so much worse by Stephanie's non caring attitude if we ever came back again. There are 8 of us and that is a lot of word of mouth and bad reviews. We will never be back to either one of the Red Lobsters in Colorado Springs. When your patrons are no longer important to you, the less patrons you will have, and that is how businesses go out of business. With so many businesses going out due to this pandemic, I would think that our regular loyal business would mean more. I guess not.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Still waiting for my refund from Mother’s Day, 2 months later! I would like my $77. Please! I called at least 4 different times. Now today, I was told it’ll be a few weeks. Um how is this good business?

Original review: July 10, 2020

My wife ordered a family package (supposedly for 4 people) but we received a package that was barely enough for two, we had to order double food from another restaurant to eat 3. They should not advertise misleading offers. Sad.

Red Lobster Company Information