1.34/5
Based on 124 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

131 Red Lobster Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We have gone annually for years to this favorite Red Lobster restaurant in Vestal for birthday celebration lobster, looking forward to it as a special occasion and traveling quite a bit to get there. We usually are very happy in general, with good memories, at this and any other Red Lobster we have visited over the years. Unfortunately, our evening overall at this Vestal Red Lobster was very subpar, disappointing, and overall unpleasant, leading us to wonder if we want to go back to this or any other Red Lobster Restaurant. The problems were continual and numerous. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table, although when we finally were seated, there were many tables sitting empty. We quickly assessed that this was due to not enough wait staff, and we subsequently waited long periods of time between getting menus, getting drinks, getting appetizers, etc.

All the food we received was cold. We had to ask several times for biscuits (which finally came late with the entrees) as well as additional napkins. The very worst part of the evening was my steamed Maine Lobster, which was black and spotted when served, with no redness to the shell. I immediately knew something was wrong and commented right away that I was surprised to have been served this, and that this was not how a healthy lobster should look after steam cooking. The legs and tail were limp, and the interior flesh was mushy with lots of stagnant water inside the shell. I sent the lobster back, and after about 30 minutes received another lobster where the shell was slightly red in spots but still mainly black spotted with mushy flesh. There was lots of off-tasting water inside the shell. I thought maybe the lobster was dead or sick before cooking.

The manager tried to tell us several times (insistently) that is the way their Rock lobsters look (although I ordered a Maine lobster and know the difference). My best guess is that the live lobsters at this restaurant suffered from lobster shell disease, which would result in the black spotting, mushy flesh quality, and internal wateriness. Sometimes lobsters in tank with this disease contract other infections that make them sick and eventually die (and can also make people sick eating them). The restaurant compted the meal for me, but I was struck by the fact that Red Lobster serves diseased food product (and at a premium price), of obvious poor quality, and which may feasibly cause foodborne illness. The management was prepared to explain away the issue.

We also guessed that the crab was also a lower grade but served at a higher grade premium price. My companion had a mix of crab legs, and found that the meatiest part of the king crab legs were cut off, and there was thread-like thin meat inside the remaining legs. The waitress quickly said that she would get us replacement crab legs, and that the "skinny" legs had been a problem with other customers. The other issues we had seemed pale in comparison, but included lobster bisque that looked and tasted like American cheese soup, and skimpy entree sides with high upcharges. Our waitress was helpful and pleasant, which was the only positive experience we had that night.

Red Lobster used to be a wonderful place for a special meal, with good quality food, great service, and good memories. In the past we didn't mind paying a premium price for the experience. Unfortunately Red Lobster has changed for the worst, and not only will we not be returning to this Vestal Red Lobster, we are rethinking going to any other Red Lobster restaurant.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Had a party of 15, birthday party for myself. The service was excellent, our waitress was exceptional! Unfortunately she was the only thing that was, the prices keep going up, the portions get smaller, and the quality and taste has gone downhill as well. I ordered the ultimate feast, $30, the lobster was undercooked and the scampi as well. The Food was cold, the side of asparagus was wilted and looked like it had been cooked for yesterday's lunch. The fried shrimp has a metallic taste like they hadn't changed the oil in the deep fried this month! I thought maybe it was this particular store but after reading the reviews it seems it's systemic to the Red Lobster franchise. I won't be back to visits Red Lobster, when I get a seafood craving I'll cook at home, my wife's crab legs beat red lobsters hands down.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Red Lobster Bay Plaza - The food is horrible, way too salty and not fresh at all, vegetables are wilted, fish seems to be reheated over and over again. No healthy menu to select from. Service; they forgot the silverware, did not follow instruction with drinking water, had to wait too long for waiter and when seated person seemingly had a bad day.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am a long time customer of Red Lobster. Over 20+ years! I've seen many changes but recently our visit 2 months ago was the worst! Service was fine but that is where it stopped. Now there is an upcharge for everything! They stopped offering soup or salad so of course HUGE upcharges, my husband wanted asparagus... UPCHARGE. For vegetables so thin they were smaller than pencils! Waste, upcharge for his lobster bisque. No lobster in it! He always gets the additional crab legs with his meal... 9.49! And for basically 3 legs. WASTE! I got the pick 3 platter. My 3rd choice was sea scallops. But of course... UPCHARGE even though it was a choice that upped my price anyway for pick 3. I paid another 2.49 on top of what the price of pick 3 was. And I got 4 scallops!!!

I questioned the amount and the manager said it goes by weight. He credited us 4.00. Wow! My son got clam chowder and UPCHARGE as well. What a disappointment. I also filled out 2 surveys from 2 sites and NEVER got a call back or email from red lobster. Frankly I don't think they care about their customers and I was a long time one too. I'm currently looking for a new seafood place. I will never go back there again. In the end our bill was 100.00 for 3 people, no drinks other than iced tea. 22.00 was just in upcharges! No thanks. For 3 crab legs, 4 scallops, 2 soups and some crappy asparagus? C'mon! If I have to pay extra for everything on the menu it needs to be a more upscale place and bigger portions. What a ripoff and huge disappointment red lobster has become. And they just don't care. Very sad.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Over the years the prices have kept increasing while the portions and choices have decreased. It used to be that when you went to Red Lobster it was a big deal and you knew you'd be getting good food, good service and only slightly over-charged. This past Saturday we went to one of our local Red Lobsters - and I think this will be the last time we visit any of them. We had doubts after the trip before that but this one just rolled the car off the edge of the cliff. To start off with, the napkin dispensers are no longer on the table. Apparently customers were using too many napkins and you just can't tolerate that! We didn't even get coasters for our drinks. The biscuits were luke-warm and slightly hard (I'm guessing they were leftovers from other tables).

My husband got the crab legs (by the way, it's no longer advertised as a pound - because it isn't) which comes with 2 sides and a salad. He got the baked potato and the Chesapeake corn on the cob. The baked potato was so small it was ridiculous, they definitely aren't classified as baking potato size. There was an upcharge of $1.99 for the corn because it's special and has the Chesapeake seasoning on it; however, the only seasoning on the HALF cob of corn was pepper! He got 1 cluster of crab legs along with 1 other leg and that was it. He also got 2 piña coladas and said they were great so the bartender had his act together. I was undecided but got the Dragon Shrimp (fried shrimp, broccoli and rice with dragon sauce).

Instead of just spicy like I expected, it was hot, too hot. I had about 2 bites and brought it home so I could rinse it off and reheat it (I'll try but I don't have too much hope for that plan). We got a skewer of wood-grilled shrimp (6 medium sized shrimp for $6) to split but they were so dry we dipped them in the butter from the crab legs. The iced tea wasn't anywhere as good as it used to be. Their iced tea used to be wonderful with a fresh-brewed taste but this was like colored sweet water; I was so disappointed. The prices were just astronomical - for our crab legs dinner, 2 piña coladas, dragon shrimp, skewer of shrimp and 1 glass of tea it was more than $70!!! We had a gift certificate for $25 but it wasn't even worth the adjusted price. From now on, I'll buy $20 worth of crab legs from the grocery store and have enough for the both of us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: May 25, 2018

On May 24, we went to Red Lobster in Mentor, Ohio. We had a party of 5. We arrived at approx. 3:30. The restaurant had very few people. We were seated right away, we ordered. Then we realized we had been sitting for an extra long period of time considering there were very few people there. We asked why was it taking so long to get our food, and was told by (manager) they just had a rush of people all of a sudden. I asked how did we get caught up in the rush seeing that we had already been waiting for a while. After inquiring we still waited quite a while longer. They finally brought our food. We couldn't believe what we were being served. We all had a 3 course meal. The Alfredo sauce was thin and runny like water, it was tasteless and it soaked into everything on the plate. Three of the other guests had the same problem. The manager claimed it was meant to be thin and runny.

She brought out what was supposed to be a different sauce, but is was exactly the same. I ended up reordering something I didn't really want. Two guests had food that was undercooked. The manager admitted she made the sauce because she was helping out in the kitchen. Meanwhile our waitress was a seemingly bigoted girl with a bad attitude. She was very sarcastic and acted as though she really didn't want to wait on us. The manager offered a discount which could not make up for the slop we were served nor the bad service.

In the end the manager was a bit nasty herself because she wanted us to believe the sauce was good because she made it herself. She said she had already called the corporate office to let them know what she had done for us (although nobody mentioned corporate office). She was quite loud and defensive. We go to this restaurant often and the food and service is usually decent. We know what it should taste like. The servers seem to be nicer than the managers with the exception of this server we had today. As we were leaving the server shouted "y'all have a fantastic day", more sarcasm. We left feeling we had paid money for nothing.

Original review: May 2, 2018

4/18/18 service from Chinelle -district manager and waiter -Tanya ** was AWESOME after returning back to restaurant from a bad Easter dinner experience. The service and food was superb! Great job ladies... Keep up good work!!

Original review: March 24, 2018

Restaurant is very nice, however food is super salty. I was hardly able to swallow that much salt, additionally I brought my 7yo daughter, I don’t want her to get used to unhealthy salty food. I don’t understand why restaurant allows this much salt when we have medical problems like HTN. I’m not coming back to this place ever again.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My mom and I went to the one in Trussville Al. on 3/16/2018. We both had the lobster roll and fries. The roll was a flat cheap dinner roll split on top and very dry. The so-called lobster meat wasn't lobster but dried out crab meat and not very much of it. The fries were cold and burnt. The sweet tea looked like colored water. I will never eat there again. The meals weren't worth $5.00 but I paid $53.00. The whole meal sucked.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

D'Iberville, MS location - terrible food - My kids gave us $75 in gift cards for RL for Christmas. I've been seeing the ads on TV for Lobster Fest and they look so good, so we decided to go for Valentine's Day 2018. We had an hour wait, which I could understand since it was a special day. My husband ordered steak and lobster and I ordered steamed twin lobster tails cooked in parchment paper with wild rice, which wasn't good as it was overdone. There was another tail with shrimp scampi. We both ordered house salads. My other side was a baked potato, which was good, but small.

I figured with that much food, I would be taking 1/2 of it home. I didn't take any of the food home as there was very little seafood. The salads were dry. If I would have made them at home, I would have been disappointed. The waitress brought us three very small biscuits (no butter). Why would they serve us three and not four? Were we supposed to split the third biscuit? I also had to ask for butter. My husband's steak was tough and fatty and he only ate half. It was only 6 oz. to begin with. His lobster tail was very small and not good. It looked as if they sliced the lobster tails in half and were the size of a jumbo shrimp. I actually think they were smaller than that. They didn't even come out of the shell easy like lobster tails usually do if they are cooked correctly. They didn't serve the tails with drawn butter either - I had to ask for it. Actually, the lobster didn't even taste like lobster. They had some sort of sauce over it, which wasn't even good.

Our dinners didn't look anything like the picture on the menu or the TV ad. Mine also came with shrimp scampi and it wasn't good either. I complained to the waitress about the food and she seemed like, "Oh well". Our dinners were almost $75, which included one glass of wine and my husband had water. I can understand the price if the food would have been good and it would have looked like the ads on TV. I will never eat at Red Lobster again. After reading the reviews, we were lucky we didn't get food poisoning. Years ago, RL was a very good place to eat.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Took my 86 year old mother to Red Lobster in Novi, MI on Valentine's Day 2018 for lunch. Even though there were many open tables/booths we, along with 2 other couples already waiting were told of a wait in excess of 15 minutes. Finally seated in a booth which was littered underneath with food...asked that it be cleaned and it was a few minutes after we sat down. Mom ordered lobster Mac and cheese...flavor wasn’t bad but next to no lobster or sauce. Appetizer of coconut shrimp was pretty good. Lobster bisque had NO lobster in it and was just warmed not hot. Side salad was VERY small but dressing was ok.

Paid bill which I thought was high but I paid with my calculated tip. Our server was very good. On the following Saturday I get a phone call from my son stating there was a Hepatitis A outbreak at the Novi Red Lobster. My mother’s health was already compromised and we have to add the cost of a Dr’s visit and vaccines to the cost of that meal. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Aren’t restaurant workers supposed to be vaccinated? Where do I go from here?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My husband ordered me dinner tonight to take home and as I was starting to eat it, I have to stop and about to spit it out. It's just that bad. The tilapia is terrible that I have to throw it away, the vegetables are overcooked. Overall it's a waste of time and money.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Me and another visited this Red Lobster (104th in Northglenn) today Feb 13, 2018. We both ordered the 4 course meal. Big mistake for me. The shrimp said wood fired, but did not expect burnt. They did not offer any other sides but rice and cold broccoli. Went to ask for some honey for the dried out biscuits or some jelly. Nope did not have that. Sorry case of a high end restaurant or at least what I thought was. They have gone downhill big time. Got charged 42.21 for two meals that tasted like crap. My partner had ice tea and I only had water. I will never eat there again. I am a senior and have eaten at Red Lobster several times and in several locations and they have all gotten way out of hand with pricing for what you get. Warning to others Out there.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

January 27th was our 50th wedding anniversary so my wife wanted to go to Red Lobster which we have always found to be very good. The waitress was excellent! My wife had the Ultimate Seafood and said it was really good. And that is what really is important. Happy wife happy life. I had the Surf and Turf with the filet. It was one of the worst meals I have ever had and we eat out a lot. The filet could not have been a filet. Its texture and taste was "HORRIBLE". It was chewy, grizzly and had no taste. I even tried dipping it in the butter but yuck. Honestly, I have had better breakfast steaks at a truck stop.

I am sorry but this was not a maybe I just got a bad steak. You are trying to pass off a cheap piece of meat for a filet. And I know there is a difference in a Filet and Filet Mignon. The $10.00 meal at Texas Roadhouse which includes salad, baked potato and 6 oz sirloin is "incredible" compared to this $36.00 disaster. Even worse was the rock lobster. Simply put "NASTY". I told my wife. She offered to trade me her Maine lobster for my rock lobster. So, she tried it and she said it not only tasted bad but was like eating a piece of year old celery.

The waitress kindly brought me a Maine lobster which was better. I love your fried flounder and various fried shrimp choices have but the Surf and Turf couldn't have been worse. I have never asked a waitress to return a meal but this time I should have. I didn't because I didn't want to ruin our 50th wedding anniversary for my wife. We have gone to Red Lobster over our 50 years of marriage on many occasions but this time will be the last.

If Texas Roadhouse can serve a delicious 6 oz sirloin (which is not my favorite steak) for about $10.00 and still stay in business then you need to reconsider where you are getting you beef (if it was really beef). The highlight of my meal was a wonderful NON-ALCOHOLIC Pina Colada. Sadly, when I woke up this morning the 1st thing on my mind was how I had looked forward to a wonderful 50th Anniversary meal and had a miserable dining experience. The bill was about $83.00 and I tipped the waitress $15.00 so I didn't take it out on her. I don't have a problem spending $150.00 on a meal which doesn't include alcohol since we don't drink if the food and service is good but I doubt that I will ever come back again. BOTTOM LINE IS "DON'T EVER ORDER A STEAK AT A SEAFOOD PLACE". As the comedian once said when he was asked how the food was "MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER".

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Well about 2 months ago we had a bad ordeal with the food and the waitress, well the manager got it under control and we have been to Red Lobster on Lubbock 2 time after that and you could not ask for better service. Waiter, manager, food was great. Red Lobster in Lubbock had got all going right. Really looking to going back.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I have been going to The Red Lobster on Day Drive in Parma Ohio for over 30 years. I went with my 86 mother when they first changed owners. I ordered the lobster bake and they said they didn't serve it anymore however they would serve it one more time to accommodate us. The lobster bake wasn't the same and tasted terrible. The noodles were mushy and the sauce was like water. My husband and I went again two nights ago and the food was terrible. My husband ordered the chicken fettuccini and it was like a jar fettuccini sauce & the chicken was not grilled like it used to be. It was fried. My husband loved that meal and he said it tasted like a frozen entrée from the grocery store and was priced $3 more.

I ordered something similar to the lobster bake however it was on a plate. The portion was much smaller and it tasted terrible. Again the sauce was watered down. Please come back Darden! Red Lobster has been my favorite restaurant for all of my life! Golden Gate Capitol apparently bought Red Lobster and they will be out of business soon. That I can guarantee.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I dined at your Wauwatosa, WI location two nights ago. I have never had such an awful dining experience in my life! A Monday night, around 6:30 pm, the place was not busy. We are a couple of **. Proceeded to the Hostess, who just seated a table of 2 and a table of 4, I asked for a table for 2 and was told it would be a 10-15 minute wait. We sat in the wait area, only to see that 2 ** walked in and were immediately seated, followed by a party of 4, who were immediately seated. I then approached the Hostess and told her in a nice way that we have a problem here. We were seated immediately. Our server showed up in good time, took our drink orders, then we ordered our meals and she never tried to "upsell " us any apps or add-ons.

Having worked in sales for a good amount of years, I know part of training is to always "upsell". About 25 minutes later we got our salads, being told the biscuits are in the oven and will be there soon. She walked away before we could even ask for silverware. Had to snag someone walking by for silverware and that took almost another 10 minutes. Why wasn't the table set when we were seated? Finished our salads and still no biscuits. Then our dinner arrived along with the biscuits. I had ordered the all you can eat shrimp and my companion was finished with his plate but I was still eating and the server started clearing the table which made me feel rushed.

A few minutes later she showed up, placing the check on the table, never asking if we wanted anything else, a beverage refill, or if I wanted more shrimp, or even if we wanted to order dessert. I then asked for a container and she left with the bill and credit card. It seemed to take quite a while to process the payment, and when she did return, she forgot the container. Had to wait another 10 minutes for that. Again I reiterate it was not busy at this time.

I know that what I have to say now is a sensitive subject but from the Hostess to the people that were seated before us to the waitstaff at this restaurant every one of them were **. We are pretty much regulars at this establishment, and for the last 40 years I have dined at Red Lobster locations nationwide. We were at this location in June during the lunch hour, and had a delightful server, we could have not met a nicer person and attentive server. When I asked her if she worked evenings, her immediate response was "Oh no! I want to live - I have a small child and the clientele here changes at night". Myself and others I have spoken to over the years all have noticed that the ** folks are usually seated in the "overflow room" in the back of the dining room when it is not busy and the ** get the "Premiere Seating" in the main dining room and are fawned over while the back room clients are pretty much overseen.

In this time of racial unrest, I find this treatment deplorable. I am the first person they allow someone to cut in front of me in line at the grocery store, to say please and thank you, and have respect for all humans but I feel like we were treated like dogs. Hey people, OUR money is green, too and we all bleed red so SHAME on the Management of this Restaurant. We need to show respect for our fellow man, and show no prejudice based on race. Only WE can make this happen! I have tried twice to lodge a complaint on Red Lobster's website and it will not let me send. I feel extremely frustrated!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

There were 4 adults and an 18-month-old in our party. We called ahead for seating at 4:30 p.m. On a Sunday. When we walked in there was no one in the lobby waiting. They told us it would just be a few minutes. 30 minutes later we decided to STAND in front of the lobby desk until they saw us. They acted like they'd never seen us before. It would just be a few minutes while they set up our table. 10 minutes later when we were finally seated, the table wasn't set (which is what they told us they were doing) and we were seated extremely close to a huge party.

Please bear in mind that the place was not overly full or busy. When we left, there were lots of people waiting outside and the inside was quite empty looking. Perhaps they only had 1 cook. Who knows? The food was okay, but certainly nothing to recommend it and the price is high enough that it should be fabulous. I won't need to eat there again. This was the Lancaster, Pa. Red Lobster on Route 30.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Had party @ Vineland NJ Red Lobster. I & others got sick diarrhea & vomiting/nausea. I had to go to hospital get fluid & meds. We all ate shrimp. Corporate said pay bill now. Insurance rep tries to say I didn't have food poisoning & hospital put it on diagnosis. I've had food poisoning before & I know. She said they weren't to say would pay bill. Totally will never ever go back. Been going there 20 yrs. Stay away from them. Corporate says I will be compensated but insurance says no. Don't go to 3849 S Delsea Dr. restaurant. Insurance rep acts like a doctor & says no way you have food poisoning. Terrible customer service from Hartford Connecticut insurance. None of my family or friends will go back. So I'm sharing my experience.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Let's see where do I start! It took a sever 25 minutes to come to our table. I had to get up and go over to the hostess to let her know that we hadn't been served. She said that she was sorry and she will get someone over right away. So about five minutes later our server came over and said no one told him that he had our table. Well he took our order and upon return with our drinks he brought my son an adult size sprite and forgot that my dish comes with two sides!!! So he apologized and then said he was going to go and add that to my order. In the meantime we asked for a manager and he still had yet to come!!! So we are sitting here now with our appetizer and no utensils and no new sprite for my son and the manager is STILL walking around here and have yet to stop at our table.

Keep in mind I am writing this while we are waiting on our food with no utensils. So I'm gonna pause and finish writing this after the rest of this foolish trip to Red Lobster becomes a bust!... and fifteen minutes later we are still sitting here with NO utensils and NO food!!! So I will be back... so I'm back about 40 minutes later. We are done eating and the food was decent except for my husbands mashed potatoes was hard as a rock so the server brought him some French Fries instead. Oh by the way the manager still hasn't come to the table. So needs less to say... after this experience we will not be coming back to this restaurant EVER!

Original review: July 14, 2017

It's the little things that add up. I ask for no sugar in tea. I got tea with sugar. I got a Ceasar salad. Lettuce was mushy not crisp. Then you add dressing to that and real mushy. My baked potato was cold. I ask for napkins and 10 minutes later had to ask someone else. He said sorry but he shouldn't have had to. He should have paid attention to the small things. I had already complained about lettuce so he should have really watched what he was serving. I don't expect any more than any one else. Maybe he thought I wasn't going to tip. I am a very good tipper. I know what it means to work for your tip. This was not a happy meal. I was looking at other reviews and noticed it was just little things but they add up. Servers must pay attention to all customers.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Took my daughter to Red Lobster in Dickson City, PA on US Rt 6... Arrived about 11:40 am on July 11. My daughter ordered the crab platter from Crabfest menu. I had a shrimp lunch entree. The staff was courteous but the seafood was horrible. The crab legs seemed like they were leftovers from the prior eve and it was cold...

Original review: June 19, 2017

I wish to express my unforgettable and nasty experience at the Red Lobster located at Waterford Lakes Town Center in Orlando, FL, 6/18/17 at 8:00 pm. We patiently waited for our text to confirm our table was ready. After 20 mins. we were seated and our order was taken, I asked for a coke and my husband asked for a Coronarita, the waiter returned stating the CO2 was not working and they were out of regular Coronas. So we ended up with a strawberry lemonade and my husband with a Corona Light.

After placing our Dinner Orders we received one of our side dishes which was a Caesar Salad. As we started to eat I noticed something black in my plate of salad. After looking closely I noticed it was a bug in my salad. My stomach turned into a knot. I stood up discreetly knowing the restaurant was completely packed and asked a manager to please come to my table. When the manager arrived and took a look at my plate she stated quote, "It must have come with our produce" and asked if I wanted to switch my side order, she did not even apologize for the mishap. Long story short I ended up not eating any of my food and leaving with nausea. This is no longer my favorite restaurant. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Red Lobster is so lucky to have a waitress of Catherine's caliber. She was friendly, took her time to suggest menu items. You could tell she genuinely cared about your visit that day. My sister and I ordered (she had crab linguine, I had lobster tacos). Our orders came promptly. When asked how mine was I told her they were a bit dry and could use sauce on them. She was shocked that they forgot to put the sauce on them and left. She came back with another order (to go) of the same thing (with sauce and an apology). I was so taken back by her generosity and kindness, unexpected. This experience has given my sister and I a newer respect for this establishment and we want to make sure Catherine (Red Lobster St. Laurent Blvd. Ottawa) gets some recognition for her service - making this restaurant shine a little more. They are so lucky to have her there.

Original review: March 8, 2017

On Monday evening February 27th my spouse and I visited Red Lobster West 49th street, Hialeah. The restaurant temperature was very cold. The hostess (female) seated us and told us that the server (male) will be back to take our order. A female server appeared and we told her that a different server was assigned to our table. She answered that it was not a big deal. We ordered 2 glasses of Moscato. She left and returned to say that they were out of Moscato. We had to settle for White Zinfandel. My wife told the waitress that the temperature was very cold. She answered that there was nothing she could do about that. So I went to the hostess, who replied that she would check with the manager and get back to me, which she never did!

We ordered 2 Ceasar salads. Again the waitress left and returned that they were all out of Ceaser salads, so (again) we had to settle for the house salad. We ordered the stuffed tilapia of the menu. The waitress returned once again to say that they were all out of stuffed tilapia. So again we had to settle and ordered the parmesan tilapia. It took a while before our order was served. Halfway through our meal the food was so cold and untasty because of the room temperature. We were so frustrated and so disappointed that halfway through our meal we asked for our check, paid and left. No fuss and no hassle. The waitress was not even concerned why we left half our meal on the plates. What a dedication to your customers. So we left and went across the street to Chili's at the Westland mall. At Chili's the service was exceptionally awesome. Great food and awesome service.

Original review: March 8, 2017

We stopped in Jacksonville, FL at Red Lobster located at 13090 City Station at the airport exit. 2 adults and 2 children. The kids ordered popcorn shrimp and one adult ordered grilled shrimp, and the other ordered a med rare steak and grilled shrimp. The steak was overcooked, the mash potatoes that came with it the order looked like they were last week's so they were not touched. The shrimp were burnt, even had burnt black on them, the rice was undercooked, thought I was the only one who cooked crunchy rice! The waitress was nice, she did not cook the food so it was not her fault. The manager came over and all he did was bring us a box to take our food home.

NEVER AGAIN will we give RED LOBSTER any more money. With the tip I paid $70.00. Took the food home and smelled the burnt food all the way. Gave it to my Pit Bull dog that eats everything, well he would not touch the food either. This Red Lobster SUCKS. I would NOT recommend them to anyone to eat there. Since half of my receipt does not have all the printout on it I hope I get the order # correct. Table 50, # **, 19:34 pm. I will share our dining experience with everyone I know including the web!

Original review: March 6, 2017

The potato soup was barely warm tasteless liquid with mystery chunks. The crab legs tasted like soap!! The corn was soggy and the broccoli was crunchy with a bad taste. Babies screamed so loud in the bar area we couldn't carry on a conversation. No one made any effort to remove the family with 3 screaming, crying children. We have been to all 4 Red Lobsters in the Tampa area. Every single one has had terrible soup, inexperienced staff and lazy managers. Will not return to any location in the Tampa area. Terrible experience and not worth the price nor the stress!!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I have planned this lunch for a while and I called Red Lobster to make sure they offer a birthday cake/candle and sing happy birthday and they said, yes. I brought my friend for lunch yesterday, 03/01/17 and I spoke with the server and explained to him what I wanted. He said, "no problem! I will bring a dessert with a candle but we won't sing the happy birthday." That was not good at all, since this is what I wanted for my friend... The food was very good. We enjoyed it very much. We didn't wait too long for service. Then, I noticed that on the next room the servers were singing HB to a lady. This called my attention. When we finished eating I let the server know that it was time to do it. He came back with a dessert ONLY and said to us that he did not have a candle and not able to sing. I was very surprised and upset, very disappointed. He ruined her birthday lunch!!!

What kind of a guy will allow this to happen to a lady? However, I left him 15% tip which I shouldn't. Very disappointed!! Never again Red Lobster! I threw away my receipt. Note: he did not charge me for the dessert which it didn't matter to me. Now, I'm going to bring my friend again to a restaurant and celebrate her birthday again with candle and singing.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Ok so we dined at Red Lobster at Belden Village in Canton... They lost my bank card and then THEY filed a report with their corporate office and said that I was rude, cursed and was asked to LEAVE! LIARS!! So they messed me over and they want to disparage my reputation OVER THEIR SCREW UP TOO??? They don't want me to show my ** or do they? Can't wait until that General Manager phone call!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I entered Red lobster located at 6357 I-55 N, Jackson, MS 39213 on the night of January 28, 2017. I came with my daughter who was turning 16 and about 15 of her friends as well as my sister and other friends. I proceeded to the front to see how long the wait for a table would be. I was quoted 1 hour and 30 minutes. So I decided to stay and wait. My party and I went back outside to wait. Long story short, we waited a total of 3 hours for a table. I was very angry so I decided to go inside and inquire about the long wait, I asked the the lady at the front what was taking so long and that she told me an hour and 30 minutes, she said that she couldn't guarantee me any time and she was very rude and not professional at all.

I asked for the manager, she said she was the manager, I asked for someone above her, she said there was nobody there who was above her, I asked for her name, she said it was **. At this point my party and I were restless, angry, tired and mind you, this was supposed to be my daughters sweet 16 dinner. ** was very rude, she didn't care about my feelings or my daughters' feelings. After a few back and forth words with **, myself and my sister and **, we decided to wait inside, we could see the table where she said we were going to be seated at. They were taking their precious time cleaning it off. It took them about another 25 minutes just to clean off the spot.

I asked ** if we could wait inside or even by our table until they cleaned it off, she replied no, and that we couldn't be seated while they were cleaning off the spot because they don't want to have to reach over none of the guests. Now, I have been here plenty of times and if a table is not clean, the waiter or waitress reaches over me all the time to clean the table.

Finally after 30 minutes, she said we could be seated. My party and I proceeded to the tables, and after we all were seated, the police showed up. ** said 3 words to us and asked us to leave. I have never been so embarrassed, humiliated, in my life. Mind you, this was my daughters 16 year old bday dinner, why would she seat us and then ask us to leave? After a 3 and a half hour wait, we were asked to leave??

I am very angry and I will never eat at Red Lobster again. Also, I have put in a complaint with the BBB and also, I work for 2 big corporations, I have informed my coworkers and family and friends never to eat at Red Lobster again. There were a total of 15-18 people in my party, so ** lost out on about 400.00 that night because she was having a bad day and decide to call the police on everyone and they made us leave. Very disappointed in her and Red Lobster. She shouldn't be a manager and she needs to polish up on her people skills as well as her time management skills. Again, I will never eat there again and neither will my family or business colleagues. We left there and went to Olive Garden and spend 450.00 since it was right next door.

Red Lobster Company Information

www.redlobster.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business