2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.4/5 (301 ratings)

About Red Lobster

Red Lobster Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I have avoided Red Lobster for some time. I went today because the restaurant I prefer closes on Sunday. I ordered Bar Harbour Lobster fest. 3 mussels didn't open. The manager said they were safe they were pasteurized. He offered to replace them. I would not eat unopened mussels regardless. I will not go back.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Ashley ** was my server on this evening. She was so awesome. Everything I asked for was delivered to the table fast. She even read my thoughts and brought more napkins. Ashley is so attentive and her kindness in memorable. She mixed my peach tea just right. Usually it's too sweet. I am very particular and she listened to a T. She was so pleasant!! Anytime I go I want Ashley E. She should be in management. I shared that with the GM Brenna who is originally from the Virginia Beach location. Brenna was a joy to talk with. Wishing her the best here in NC. :) See you soon!!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

My family of 5 came to the Newnan location and has the worst experience. We arrived at 6:30pm and the hostess refused to greet us. I gave her the total number of proton our family which was 5. She rolled her eyes and stepped away to speak with 2 other staff at the bar. The hostess came back and stated she doesn’t have seating for 5 people when clearly there were tons of booths available.

I requested to speak with a manager due to the belligerent behavior. The hostess stormed away from the hostess stand and all of the staff went to the kitchen. A pleasant ** woman came to the hostess stand to assist us and apologized for the hostesses rude behavior. The hostess or staff never returned to the hostess stand to seat us. We left the restaurant after being treated so horrible. We have decided to never return to this location due to the extremely rude, belligerent and disrespectful behavior we received. We will definitely let our family, friends and co-workers know of our experience especially since we are heavily affiliated with some of the Fortune 500 companies.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Went to Red Lobster in Round Rock TX last night. We have been loyal customers for years but this horrible experience has turned us away from every going back. Our server did not know the menu, was confused about questions we asked regarding the food and after waiting about 15 min she deferred us to her supervisor who never even came to our table. My husband does not eat fried food. He wanted shrimp and scallops either grilled or broiled. He asked the server if he could pick from the combinations to get his meal the way he wanted. She was no help, only confused us with no choices to help.

He ultimately decided on make your own combination of shrimp and scallops grilled. Well he got 5 shrimps and 5 scallops for $19.00, bare on the plate nothing else. Also, when we got the bill there was an addition of $3.99 for bacon wrapped scallops, which he did not order or get. We questioned her and she said she would talk to her manager. Well, after this 15 min she came back and only took off $1.00. We were too tired to argue and paid the bill and left. Will never go back to any Red Lobster again.

Original review: July 26, 2021

On Sunday July, 25 we placed the order for my daughter birthday. Paid $180. It was five different orders for the guests. Each order that we got was nasty and oversalted. How can they screw up every single plate? Never again - order from this place. Awful experience!!! Don't order from this place.!!! You going to be very disappointed!!!

Original review: June 24, 2021

I use to love Red Lobster but, they have went down tremendously. I order Shrimp Alfredo Pasta. It tasted like jar sauce with added salt. The Lobster was bland. I will not waste my money at Red Lobster no more.

Original review: June 20, 2021

On Friday, I ordered a 3 course meal which consisted of coconut shrimp, white fish, and fried clams. When I got home there was no sauce for the coconut shrimp and my bake potato was rotten. I paid over $30 for this meal so I put it in the fridge for the next day. I went back to Red Lobster and I told the girl at the counter about no sauce for the shrimp and the rotten baked potato. She says to me, "So what else do you want to order." I told her, "Nothing else. I came to get a replacement for what was wrong with the meal the night before." She gave me a real dirty look and walked away.

The gentleman manager came out and asked me what was wrong. I told him the girl gave me dirty looks and I asked for the two items. He said he would get it for me plus he would provide sour cream and butter. I told I just needed the items I requested. Most of the time, I order as carryout because I still don't feel safe due to the Covid. The time before, they gave me a cold meal. I don't know what is happening to this restaurant. When you spend money you want it made right. This manager is always nice. He needs to get on his people. It will be a while before I go back there.

Original review: June 7, 2021

My husband and I were there today. First time we were out due to Covid. Asked for a table due to my disability. It is physically impossible for me to get in and out of booth. Hostess brought us to a booth. We moved to a table that was empty. She came running over to us SCREAMING, "You can’t sit there."

Asked for another table. She looked at us like we had gone crazy. Asked to speak to manager. He finally came out. Told him why we were leaving and he said nothing. Red Lobster lost a very loyal customer!

Original review: April 6, 2021

This is my second time here with a bad experience..though this is the worse ever. Went in on Monday for shrimp night..waitress who never identified herself came over, we order dinner. She kept disappearing so we waited and when she came back I said I would have the 2 shrimp dishes... She said I can only order one refill at a time. She was gone again and this time for so long another waiter came over and asked what we needed and he ordered us a whole bunch of shrimp refills.. He brought them out and then she brought some out and was gone again and then another server brought more out... When we asked Darius for napkins he yelled at my husband that he is bringing someone their food and he will be right there. I said, "Well he can't see you behind him... He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.." Darius rolled his eyes, shook his head and never came back.

After all the time we waited for our server, she came running over when it was time to pay...left with our credit card for another 10 minutes.. I finally stood up and asked the bartender for take out containers and to get our credit card back. She comes back and thanks us for our patience...really.. Well she certainly wasn't going to thank us for our tip...since we didn't leave one. The last time we have been there at prime time there are only like 4 tables occupied...now I know why. There are so many excellent restaurants in this area...we certainly don't need to go there for horrible service. This is the 2nd and last time...there are no more chances. I complained about the visit and rudeness of Darius on my last review a few weeks ago and didn't hear a thing but that should not surprise me.. There were 2 managers on last night and they could have cared less about anything.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I've never received an extra order of shrimp before I got the original meal. The service was so slow, it seemed like everything took forever. My walts shrimp was overcooked, our biscuits were never hot and my wife's Cajun pasta was bland and flavorless. My wife complained to the waitress and asked to see the manager but she was too busy helping in the kitchen. She told the waitress to tell us that we didn't have to pay for our meals which we appreciated but I was surprised to get a bill for the extra salad and coleslaw that we ordered. I spent 18.00 and felt robbed and totally unsatisfied. We figured we had to wait for over 40 minutes total for everything. I guess the manager, Deana, was too busy cooking, and doing it poorly, to speak to her customers and see what the problem are. The restaurant didn't seem too busy or crowded but it did seem understaffed.

Red Lobster Company Information