3.50/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Red Lobster

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Red Lobster Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I visited Red Lobster. The food was awful. I was very dissatisfied and upset bc I have always loved red lobster. After myself and whole family got food poisoning I called corporate yet never got a call back. I was giving a 100.00 gift card by the manager after the GM told her to only to find out the gift card she gave me had 0.00 balance. Looking at the receipt with the gift card the numbers did not even match. I wish I could upload a picture however this isn't a option here. Not only was the manager ** out. She stole my 100.00 gift card and gave me one that was never activated. I spent over 500.00 that night bc that's where I wanted to go after my ceremony to only have my big day completely ruined. Thank you red lobster.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have been to Red Lobster many times. The last time I had the fried fish and it was dried and hard like frozen fish you would buy at a low quality place. Today I had the fried shrimp and again it was dried and tasteless like something you would get at a fast food place. Biscuits were great but for the price they charge for food like that - never again will I go there. I will take my business to Pismo's Grill.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was on the phone waiting 10 min to place a to go order to save some time. Arrived there and STILL no answer. I went to WAIT to place my to go order and that took another 20 minutes because the girl thought that I was with the guy who place an order ahead of me. WHY did she ASSume we were together? Because we were talking. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I waited 10 minutes and did not get my order. I left. I went there for the Veterans Day special. I WILL NOT EVER RETURN. I've had terrible customer service there before and complained and the manager asked me to come back. Well, I came and I left. What a waste of time.

I would seriously tell my fellow Veterans DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. They didn't have a lot of what the man in front of me ordered either. I hope this place is SHUT DOWN by next year. The food was ok last time I went but the service completely SUCKS. OH, I asked for the manager while I was there. He or she never showed up. I'll never go back.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

My grandson and I went out for lunch. After leaving Applebee’s we decided on Red Lobster my grandson's favorite place. Bad decision. Parking lot kind of empty. That was an omen. Went inside and was immediately taken to the dark bar lounge. My grandson is African American and I am Italian so we immediately thought discrimination. Another employee wanted to know who sat us there. I asked to be moved into a lighted room at a booth. Waitress was nice. There was a long hair on the table. I wanted to leave but grandson didn’t.

The caesar dressing was salty so I switched to garden salad with Italian dressing. It was gross. Then my fried shrimp looked like they had it in the pan for 10 seconds. Sent that back. My grandson ordered the ultimate feast and couldn’t be the small amount of lobster even though prices keep going up. By the way no one else was taken to the dark bar area lol. If you want to know if you’re eating in a safe restaurant in Elmira NY, go to Chemung County Food Inspections and you will see all the latest reports. I decided that I will buy my food and cook at home where I know it’s clean. Two bad restaurants in one day so sad.????

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

We have always ordered fried flounder when we visit the Red Lobster on Noland Road, Independence. On this visit, they no longer had Flounder on the menu. Apparently Corporate or Manager choice to sub it with another type fish that was nowhere close. My wife ended up ordering the Fish and Chips, (Cod), which ended up being nothing special. I ordered the White fish, (Pollock) which also was nothing to brag about. I also found that out of the three pieces I got with my order, 1 was like a piece of rubber. My baked potato was ordered with butter, no sour cream. Came with, yes, sour cream.

As we were sitting waiting for our food, I watched one of the tables being, what they called cleaned. The person sprayed the table, took some paper towels and wiped them quickly around on the table. When she left, the table was streaked badly, the seat where she over sprayed was still wet and never touched with a wipe and still had pieces of food on it. Summary: Way overprice, food quality is poor, Cleaning ability is haphazard and they basically choose to serve what they want instead of what the customer wants.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Lobster?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Overall, the servers need better training at this locstion in regards to being attentive to customer needs. The Candler Road location has been known for being one of the most professional restaurants for over 30 years. Unfortunately, it's becoming known as being incosistent in serving quality food and lacking competent staff overall, The turnover rate is extremely high. My family has visited this location once a week for several years. The evening staff is the worst and some servers apoear to be overwhelmed with serving larger parties of 4 or more. The unforrunate thing is that it shows in their lack of concern for simple tasks of refilling drink orders in a timely manner or not caring if food is served hot,

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Cold, toughness, small. Not worth the money. Rip off quality vs product. Can do better at fish market in grocery. So sad. Never order again. Paid over 80$ for what a small pick of very cold fish. Not worth it. Very sad.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

The location is Greenville TX, Oct 9, 2019, 11:10 AM This started upon entry....no one there to seat us. Eventually someone showed up and seated us. "No booth" we told her but no tables were available so it was a 1/2 booth, table, and two chairs. The only section of the restaurant that was open was quite small and the few tables were taken. OK, no biggie.

Drinks come next and they had no ice tea. Really? It's TEXAS son, we live on ice tea year 'round. Fresh tea was brought out later but it was so weak that I suspect one tea bag was used for five gallons. No spoon or straw to stir in my required artificial sweetener. Ordered an appetizer and the server informed us she was the only one for that section and to please be patient. ONE server for a major eatery at lunchtime? Great management here. Got the appetizer but no plates to divy it up and serve it. We waved her down, got plates, a straw, and extra napkins. Poor gal was totally overwhelmed as they were busy and she was on her own.

We ordered our meal only to find out that they were out of coconut shrimp and broccoli. With "Endless Shrimp" ads all over the TV we found this rather astounding. Orders were changed to something they did have and more diluted tea was served. I was facing the entry during all of this and saw another 6 to 10 people come in with no one to seat them. Some just left after waiting and saying HELLO HELLO to no avail. Others were eventually seated once a new section was opened.

The main course was served and the food was just okay. Not bad but far from great. Since this was a birthday meal for my gal it was a real disappointment all the way around. Our server was cheerful and as attentive as she could be under the circumstances. She did her job as best she could which I reflected in the tip. It will be quite some time, if ever, before we return to this location.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I was so excited to try the lobster pizza when I received my birthday reward. I am a diabetic so the deserts were out so I had a choice of lobster pizza and a petite lobster and shrimp roll. I went with the pizza and regretted it almost immediately, there were so many tomatoes on the pizza and I can’t eat tomatoes. There was very little lobster that I could taste but the worst thing was there was hair under my pizza. I don’t know if I will ever go back the Red Lobster in Federal Way, WA again! This was a horrible Birthday Dinner!???

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

On 2/15/19, myself and a former coworker went to this location for lunch. We both told Tiffany the Red Lobster Waitress our allergies. I told Tiffany that I have allergies to fresh tomatoes and my former coworker told Tiffany her allergies and she has an ** for her allergies. Tiffany told us both that she will make sure that we both were not in contact with any of the foods we are allergic to. I understand, that Tiffany has a job to do by serving others. I seen Tiffany serving others salads with fresh tomatoes, but I did not think that she would use all precautions to make sure that I had no contact with fresh tomatoes.

Tiffany brought our food out and served us. However, immediately my lips begin to swell. Evidently, Tiffany did not wash her hands after serving other customers fresh tomatoes. Tiffany nor any other staff, did not call 911 nor did she call her manager(s) or any other Staff. My family ended up taking me to the hospital. I had to be stuck by an **, giving an IV, giving ** by IV and Steroids to stop the allergic reaction. Red Lobster Karen their district director act like they were going to pay my claim, but Lied!!!! Please be careful when considering this place to eat at!!!! It just might be your last meal/your life because they do not give a damn about your life!!!!

Red Lobster Company Information