2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The value for the food served is great, however sometimes the food is cold because the waitresses are so busy and forget. But they are very knowledgeable about the menu items, options and add-ons. Some are friendly and some are just courteous. The food choices are great especially for those like myself that are health conscious but it would be great if you had a variety of herbal teas, I am not a coffee drinker. To sum it up the restaurant is always busy so the food is good, and affordable especially for big families. The service just needs to be a little faster and some of the waitresses and hosts should smile, it goes a long way. Thank You and Happy Holidays to All!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

The IHOP I go to is real good as far as getting seated promptly. The wait staff seem to be in such a hurry all the time when taking an order then the food takes longer than it should. I have had to send back an order because the waitress wrote the item incorrectly. Then after I got home I realized I paid for the wrong meal, not what I had to wait longer for. I did not call as it was not more than $1.60 more and it was not worth it. Perhaps she was having a bad day. The bathroom generally smells as if there is a sewer problem. Other than that it’s all good.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

This is one of my favorite places to eat. You can get breakfast or burgers at anytime of the day. I have never had a bad meal there. Food portions are large. I usually take about 1/2 of my meal home. So I really get 2 meals for the price of one. Wait staff are friendly and helpful. If you ask they even have flavored creamers for your coffee! They give you a pitcher of coffee. They will also refill it for free. Their decaf coffee is never old and yucky. The place is kid friendly. They give a coloring placemat, a small box of crayons to kids. I often find coupons in my local paper for buy one meal, get another free. I often take my 90 year old neighbor there for brunch.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Experienced great service in the Costa Mesa IHOP by Anny. She is in my opinion the best IHOP waitress at this location. Warm, smiling, greeting when she arrived at out table. Always had a smiling, happy face while working. Excellent in communication with us. Always made sure we had everything we needed to avoid running out. Anny knows her job very well & would make an excellent candidate for a future promotion like a manager in the near future. She has excellent customer service skills. Thanked us for our business. Anny is very friendly, always smiling, respectable, courtesy & very pretty. For sure for future visits when I come to this Costa Mesa IHOP I will always ask for my favorite waitress Anny to serve me.

Thank you Anny for doing your job so very well & professional. You're a role model to the other waiters & waitresses there. I still feel for your hard work & dedication that you deserve a raise from your boss Benito who is excellent in his position. The restaurant is always so very clean both inside & out. So in the future if your driving in Costa Mesa, California or live there like I do come visit the Costa Mesa IHOP on Harbor Blvd & ask for Anny & you will see what an excellent & super waitress she is. Plus such a very nice person.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We visited this IHOP close to the Palm Beach International Airport. The outside of the building was tidy and the windows were clean and shining. Once inside the person who greeted us was friendly and efficient, Francis. She gave us a nice corner booth as requested. The menu was quite large and had a little bit of everything for a choosy family. My husband and I decided on breakfast and my mom got Fish and Chips. The vegetable omelet was fresh and quite tasty, the 2 by 2 by 2 was cooked to perfection (and I am quite fussy about my fried eggs) and the Fish and Chips was made with nice white fish and hot and crispy. The manager greeted us and checked in to see if we were happy with everything. The staff were all busy with customers and the energy in the restaurant was very positive. They even said goodbye and thank you as we left. We will definitely try this establishment again when we are in the area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Ordered omelette with hash brown and they got omelette with pancakes. Then they took forever to bring the hash brown. Waited for another 10 minutes to just get the hashbrown. Had to again wait for ketchup.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Food, service, and value all above expectations. The service was phenomenal. Always is tremendously great. Love the ultimate breakfast. 2 bacon, 2 ham, 2 sausage, 2 eggs, scrambled hash browns, 3 pancakes and syrup, wheat toast pancakes are fantastic. Great value for the money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The wait in getting a table isn't too bad, about 15 minutes. The thing I like most about IHOP is having the coffee carafe left there at your table for refills. Their breakfasts come to your table nice and warm, unlike some other chains I've gone to. The lunches served are tasty, as well, with a nice selection to choose from. Nice place to visit with the kiddos.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

If you're looking for a good breakfast restaurant then IHOP is your place. They have a good selection for breakfast and also lunch and dinner. They are open pretty much all the time so you can almost always get in there for a meal.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I like iHop because of their varied menu, endless coffee, relaxing table service atmosphere. I regularly order their chicken and waffles, or pancakes and sausage or bacon and eggs. All are made to order at a reasonable price.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information