1.30/5
Based on 126 reviews that contain star ratings

139 International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of IHOP all of my life. I've been to a number of their locations across the country. I live in Stockbridge, GA and had been to IHOP Store #480 before located at 3675 Highway 138 Stockbridge, GA 30281. I had my second visit today, September 14, 2018 at 12:20 p.m. with my aunt and to my surprise there was no one available to seat us immediately. When the hostess finally came, she failed to inform us that the floor was still wet. I had to catch my balance before being seated.

Then the server came over to get the orders for our food. She talked over me as I was trying to decide what I wanted which was annoying but I let it go and ordered what I wanted. About 15 minutes later she brought over our food. I could tell my French toast wasn't hot. All I did was motion to her that my French toast wasn't hot. Instead of coming over and offering an apology or being considerate about my concern she snapped at me in an angry tone and stormed off. At that point I was so turned off I really didn't want to continue to eat there but my aunt insisted because she knew I was hungry.

Another server brought over another set of French toast about 20 minutes later and at that point I wanted to speak with a manager. The manager refused to speak with me and ignored our concerns. My aunt decided to leave a 20% percent tip regardless but I must stress I was beyond upset and disappointed. I sent an email about my experience and the manager claims nobody told him about my experience and he defended the actions of all involved. I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to visit this location since it's obvious the staff doesn't care about concerns of disappointed patrons.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

So, a few days ago, my 10 year old daughter and I stopped at the IHOP in Cleveland, Tennessee. We we looking forward to eating the delicious breakfast I fondly remembered as I child. Talk about disappointment. We each ordered the strawberry cheesecake pancakes and I ordered a side of bacon and a hash brown for us to share along with a root beer and sweet tea. We each received only one pancake.

The waiter then brought our bill and it totaled $15.88 which seemed fairly reasonable for what little we received. I go up the register and hand the waiter the bill he had given me. He shakes his head no and says that the bill is $24.88, handing me some other receipt (we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time) which he then crumpled up and threw away. The pancakes are $12 apiece?!? Are you friggin kidding me?!?

All I had on me was $100 bill. The waiter NEVER once touched the register. He goes to the back to get change, then starts digging in the wad of cash in his pocket. He couldn't even count out the change for the bill so I asked for my money so I could do it for him. Again, he NEVER once touched the register and never rang me up. He stuffed the cash in his pocket. Is this an actual legit business or a front for something else altogether?!? We were the only patrons in the place. The whole thing screamed out shady. Needless to say I will never be returning to this place for their pancakes 2 for $24. Ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We were passing through Eldersburg, MD and we stopped at the IHOP. It was great! The food was great, the staff was great and the manager of the restaurant came to our table and was nice and spoke to us. We had a great experience!

Original review: July 26, 2018

We hadn’t been to IHOP for a couple months and decided to have breakfast 7/25/18, about 8:00 a.m. restaurant had very few customers at that time. Service was fine, but order was wrong, food was skimpy (much smaller pancakes than we used to have) and really the flavors weren’t as good (bland). Just not enjoyable! Too expensive for what we had!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Tried the New Orleans (Canal Street) IHOP for a second time. I give it one star only because the place was pretty clean. Ordered the burgers they have been advertising. Took over 40 minutes before the waitress came back to tell us it would only take a few more minutes because the cook had to DEFROST them. Which most people know... means MICROWAVE. Told the girl to just box it up we would take it with us. We paid. Went outside. Took a bite. I ordered a bacon burger. Surprise surprise, no bacon. Husband ordered a Mega burger, he ended up with a single cheeseburger. Ugg. And to make matters even worse the inside of the burger was COLD! RUN away from this place. McDonald’s is just down the street! But Company Burger is even better! Never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: June 9, 2018

On Saturday, June 9th, 2018, I had the misfortune of selecting the Brainard Village IHOP (#3380) in Chattanooga, TN as my choice for lunch. That was a poor choice. Five minutes after being seated, a server finally appeared to take our drink order. When she returned 5 minutes later, we ordered our food. Twenty minutes later, we received our food. I had ordered an omelet with pancakes, but found that I was given a bonus of a hair on my omelet and another hair on my pancakes. As I left the restaurant, I passed by the open kitchen doorway and witnessed some employees (perhaps cooks) there playing "grab-**", and none of them was wearing hair protection to prevent hair from falling into food. I will never again darken the doors of this particular establishment.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Normally we visit one every few months. Our last visit was unsatisfactory & the manager gave us 2 $10 cards to come in again. We decided to try today. Our experience was not going well at all. Had no host/hostess, so we sat ourselves. A couple came in behind us & they were acknowledged, welcomed & sat down at a table. I went & spoke up to the employee & made our presence known. He gave me a look that was as if he didn't really care. Our waitress was unknowledgeable of our questions. She told us they were out of some of the foods we inquired about. I'd asked for lemonade instead of water. She declined saying the machine was broke, yet there were some people drinking lemonade.

She knew NOTHING about the FOODS hardly at all! Apparently she did not want to be bothered. All she wanted was to eat her meal out where the customers could see her! My salad was lacking the normal items on it, I had asked for avocado & got it, with the upcharge! This should have NOT been due to the lack of other items that they were out of! My husband's eggs were supposed to be over easy. They were not! They were nothing but soup! Our waitress didn't even know the difference between the types of onions! At our departure, I laid our bill with the 2 gift cards for her (previously given) & told her to keep the change. The bill was under $20, this is why I said that.

As we were walking out, my husband & I heard her say, "keep the change", as loud as she could. Abruptly I stopped & was about to turn around to go confront her. My husband said to just leave. I followed him, only because he didn't want confrontation. Just the thought of this upsets me! On top of it all I'm disabled AND it was my birthday! Needless to say, this is very disappointing & we will not be back there for a while! Several of the staff need dealt with a.s.a.p! We were not given a copy of our receipt. Our visit was on Sunday, May 20, 2018 at about 6 or 6:30p.m. No name tag on waitresses uniform, nor did she tell us her name. Very disheveled look to her, colored blonde hair.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The customer service was very good and I have no complaints about the place itself. It was all clean and comfortable. My complaint started with the fact there was no 100% real maple syrup at all unless you brought it in yourself. For the cost of these pancakes I expected real syrup and none of that high fructose maple flavored corn syrup crap. I can buy that at any corner grocery store anywhere. The complaint went further with the burger I ordered. It tasted great and I always love a burger. My complaint came when I was brought the bill to pay $20+!!! That is ** insane and I do not drop the ** bomb often or lightly.

I can go to the store and purchase 100% Real maple syrup and ingredients, and put together my own designer pancakes that has a much better flavor and cost less in the end. I can also go to the same store and purchase organic grass fed ground beef, make homemade buns that do not use chemicals always used in today's breads, 100% real WI cheeses and I wind up with a burger that also tastes better and also in the end I spend less for that as well. I will never return to IHOP again, and that was my 1st experience!!! Too damn costly for one meal!!! I even put in my review off of their receipt and I never heard from them either. I since then tossed away the receipt after filling out their review on their site. I expected I would have been contacted, but I figure IHOP is not concerned.

Original review: April 22, 2018

On Saturday 4/20/2018... while on a lunch break from my job, I decided to go to IHOP for some food. I had been there once before for dinner, and the food was horrible, but I thought I would give it another chance. Place was packed, yes, it was a Saturday, but when I walked in, I noticed the hostess' desk was jammed with menus, paperwork, and it looked sloppy. Her "friendliness" was phony, but she did lead me to a table, told me my server would be right there. Took 5 mins for the server to show up. He was a tall ** man with glasses, seemed friendly... took my order and my drink... all I wanted was a large orange juice. 5 mins later got the juice. 15 mins later I got my order which was sausage and eggs combo. The food was COLD.

I know the kitchen was busy, but either this IHOP in Keyport, NJ has to expand, or they need to do something. All the servers were in and out of there like bees swarming for honey. I did ask the server to please give me my check while I ate, as I thought I could eat, go to the register, and then leave. NOPE. He brought me my check, I finished the COLD breakfast... didn't say anything, just thought, that is it, I will not be back.

My order came to $11.71. I put a $20 bill in the folder. I should have received $8.29 back. When he came back, there were 4 singles in the folder!!! I called him over, told him. He said "Oh, isn't that $9???" I counted out the 4 singles... said "Does that look like $9???" So he reaches into his PANTS' POCKET and lo and behold comes out with a $5 bill!!! He said "Oh, I didn't know what happened to it." YEAH RIGHT. He thought that because I was in a bit of a hurry, I would not notice that A... he doesn't know how to use a register and give back correct change... and B... that I WOULD NOT notice that he tried to steal $5 from a customer!!! Had he been honest, he would have apologized, gone back to the register and then given me the $5... even though it STILL was not correct. The fact they have a con artist/thief/scammer working for them should be very concerning. I will NEVER go back to that place again. Plus the fact he took the receipt.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Since this restaurant has opened, at location: 221 West 104th Ave. Northglenn near Denver Colorado, store #3581, I've had nothing but problems with their service. I've visited this store about 5 times. It's a newly built store. On the first visit, it was on a Tuesday morning, and I was probably 1 of 6 people in the entire restaurant at the time, I arrived at about 7:13 in the morning to enjoy a meal after getting off work. They sat me immediately but it took 20 minutes for a server to come take my order. I left it alone and chalked it up as it being a new store and all. The other 4 visits were for take out meals. They took a long time to take and bring me my order.

On my 4th visit, they took so long with my food that the manager gave me a discount on one of the sides that I had ordered. I think he only did it because he saw the displeasure on my face as I finally received my order and there were a lot of people around the pay counter. I think he wanted to save face, he tried, I give him that. Now, what prompted me to leave this review was my 5th visit. I entered and let the lady at the counter know that I was going to make a to-go order. She said "ok, have a seat and I will get someone to help you". It was 5 feet away from the pay counter/greeting area so they had eyes on me the whole time. I sat there for 22 minutes, playing a game on my cell phone, until I overheard a lady making a to-go order. I saw her walk in and they took her order immediately. I said nothing, even though I was furious. I didn't want to be viewed as "That Loud Guy".

I sat there for another 5 minutes until the lady who told me to have a seat, (who had seen me sitting there the whole time) asked if I had been helped of which I answered "No". The other lady said, "Oh , I can take your order", she had been at the counter for the whole time also. It took another 20 minutes for me to get my order. Yes, I was there for almost an hour. I wished I had gotten a discount on my meal. But didn't, I guessed that the ladies upfront didn't want management to know that they had dropped the ball. Why didn't I say anything you ask (to management), didn't want to cause trouble and wait longer, been there long enough. Also, why do I keep going back to this restaurant you ask, well it's close to my house and I actually do like their food even though I think it's a little overpriced compared to the other restaurants I frequent. I just want their service to get better. Next time I will definitely bring it to someone's attention.

Original review: March 16, 2018

We went to IHOP at about 11:00 on a Thursday and the service was decent. The waiter kept forgetting things like juice, boxes, and more. But that wasn't the problem. Me and my family were staying in a hotel on a vacation. (Wisconsin Dells) We were staying in a hotel and realized my brother's tablet was not there and the last place me and my brother reject seeing it was ihop. So we checked when it opened and it said it opened at 12:00 a.m on Fridays and Saturdays going till 12:00 a.m (open 24 hours). So at 12:00 a.m on Friday me and my dad drove to ihop to go see if it was there. We tried calling them about three times but don't answer.

When we arrived it was 12:03 and there were no card in the parking lot and seemed to be no people in the building. There was one light on but the rest were turned off. We ended up sitting in the parking lot for account 15 minutes and no one arrived. We even looked at the door at IHOP and that also said opens at 12:00 a.m on Fridays and Saturdays. (24 hours) The website and ihop in general lied about they open time and I am pissed. Most horrible experience I have ever been in on a vacation.

Original review: March 13, 2018

When my daughter, wife and infant grandson went into the Limon IHOP they stood for approximately 10 min. The hold time being looked at by employees in an almost empty restetaunt. When they asked if they could be seated they were told they didn't have to be served. And if they were going to have an attitude they could leave. Very rude man. My daughter did walk back in and take pics of the empty restaurant. The pics are posted on my social media page along with my thoughts on the shoddiest restaurant I know of. I feel after this kind of treatment it is my personal mission to discredit this establishment and let the public know what kind of place is hiding behind the IHOP name.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have a complaint about the change received from a call-in order. I paid with a 100 dollar bill, At the time the cashier (Shalonda) needed singles ($1). The manager came to get the 100 dollar bill I had given the cashier and came back with a large amount of singles. The cashier gave me $4.64. I told her that she owed me $80.00 more. The manager stated that the cashier said only singles was needed. I was told that the Regional manager would contact me so that he could view the tape. I explained to the Regional manager the events that occurred when he called and I was told that he would review the tape. After waiting 3 hours and 16 minutes for a response, I was told that I gave her $20.00. I am not even sure if that was the Regional Manager.

He did not state whether the video tape was reviewed or if that was on a receipt. He seemed very blunt while telling me the information. Because I could not remember the name, I called back the two different numbers he called me from (702) 715-0906 at 3:14 PM (702) 643-1938 at 12:49 and no one answered the calls. I was not given a receipt and I never received my orange juice, which was not addressed. All I had was a hundred dollar bill on me. I am not satisfied with the response because I didn't get an opportunity to view the tape and I was just told that the cashier's drawer was even (It should be, there was an even trade-off. The bigger bills should have been in the drop box or safe). I have seen and known plenty of people who worked/work in the fast food service industry, including the workers at Walmart.

When bills are given, they usually put the money on the register so there isn't any confusion about the change given back. That was not performed at all. I would like an opportunity to view what the "Regional Manager" saw because I know how much money I had and how much money was given. I would suggest that someone higher than the Regional Manager investigate the store because I suspect that the workers may be pocketing money. I am short money and I am trying to be professional about the situation, but I don't think it's fair that extra money is kept (I am not trying to give an $80.00 tip for a pick-up order at IHOP). I work hard for my money. AGAIN, I WAS NOT GIVEN A RECEIPT OR COMPENSATED FOR THE ORANGE JUICE I WAS CHARGED AND NEVER GIVEN!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We, a family of three, went to IHOP in Glendale California last Saturday; it had been a couple years since last time. Extremely busy. Waited a long time to sit then much longer for food. Then came the bill!!! $65.00 + tip, a junk meal for three!!! Unbelievable. Will never ever return. $4.90 for a glass of cheap juice!!! Master rips!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Almost an hour for meal to arrive. IHOP North Fort Myers FL. First off, a young family of four was seated at the same time as I was. The restaurant was busy and steady. I did expect to wait longer than normal. This is mid February and I understand that. This is not my complaint. I passionately waited. Went through the small carafe of coffee. Meanwhile the family of four was finished with their meal and their table was being cleared. I didn't even have my meal yet. My waitress did explain the kitchen was swamped. How does a family of four get served, eat their meal and get up and pay their bill, but a single man is still waiting. I did not receive any apology. I paid for the coffee and left. IHOP can go suck an egg. I'm in Florida half the year and in Michigan the other. Everyone I meet will know of this experience.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I went to the IHOP off highway 240 and Perkins in Memphis, on my way home. I simply asked for a cheeseburger and fries to go. Normally I wouldn't go there but I had a gift card from Christmas I need to use. I told her I had a five dollar gift coupon that came from purchasing the gift card. The lady rang up my bill and asked for my card. I gave her the card. Before I signed the receipt I noticed the amount was wrong. I told her and she repeated the order which had me ordering a monster double burger. She said she changed it on the card and asked me to sign the receipt.

I asked for another receipt but she said she didn't know how to do it and said if I could just signed the one I had. I reluctantly did and that was a mistake. The cook came and said he didn't have fries. I told him to just make it onion rings. After reviewing the receipt again I noticed it said I didn't order a cheeseburger but a chicken quesadilla and coffee. I became curious and called the number on my gift card to find the balance. She never changed anything. I still owed for a double burger and she didn't take off the $5 gift coupon. She told me she didn't know how to correct it and that I had to come back at 6 a.m.

When I finally got my food the container had a hole in the bottom from the onion rings. I left my number for the manager to call me and left. No one ever called me. I called the gift card hotline to make a complaint and they said they would put the difference of the burgers back on the card but since they took the gift coupon they couldn't do it because I needed to go back to the IHOP and have them put the full cost back. They took down all my information and said they would be contact me by my house address and email but I never was. I gave the card away and will never go back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

My dad went to IHOP, 15350 Shawnee Mission Parkway Shawnee, KS 66217, on 1/20/2018 arrived at 7:50 am. He is 89 yrs of age with heart condition. When the Manager seated him on north side of restaurant, my dad asked to be seated on south side to be closer to bathroom because of his heart condition and medications requiring multiple trips to bathroom. The manager refused to seat him in south side open section because they were short on servers. The manager didn’t try to accommodate a senior with disabilities. This request wasn’t unreasonable especially since he frequents this restaurant for breakfast on weekends and some weekdays and always asked to be seated close to bathroom at a table. I am furious they wouldn’t accommodate a senior that frequents this restaurant in the early morning hours which is not a peak time for them.

My dad is a Marine that served in Korean War. He deserves more respect than what he received. He doesn’t ask for much and is always pleasant to servers even when they are rude. Servers from several restaurants know him by name and always ask how he is doing. I don’t understand why IHOP manager wouldn’t accommodate a frequent customer with disabilities that never complains or cause any issues. No matter where we go together, including hospitals and Doctor visits, I frequently am told how cute he is and how they love him. Our local police know him from breakfast restaurants and will even stop by our apartment to check on him if they haven’t seen him out and about.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We have gone to several IHOPs all over the Chicagoland and south suburb areas for the last 20 years. I have to say each experience has been as bad or worse than the last. Do you train your wait staff to be SLOW AND UNCARING? It does not matter what time of day it is or how many people are in the restaurant. It actually takes an hour to get scrambled eggs and an English muffin with only 30 people in the restaurant or if there are 2 or 6 people in our party. Then they charge extra for the English muffin. The staff is mentally challenged when it comes to hospitality and service and mathematics. It just never gets better. We will not be returning to any of your restaurants.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Bad experience Store #3463 in Bel Air, Maryland location - I've only been to IHOP twice, both carry out orders. The first time everything was great! I decided a few days later to order out again -- what a mistake! I spoke with Amanda (443-371-6330) and she put me on hold and then disconnected me. I called back and Amanda put me on hold for about 5 minutes more. Then after finally answering, when I gave her my order (the same as the first time), she said "that sandwich doesn't exist." I said I got it a few days before and she said "that sandwich doesn't exist, are you sure you got that sandwich?" I said, "Yes, it's only a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and fries." She said again, "that sandwich doesn't exist".

When I asked for a manager, she said no one was on duty and when I asked for a Corporate complaint number, she didn't know it. I then went online and registered a complaint and when I didn't hear anything a week later, I called the Customer Service number online (1-866-444-5144). I had a case number from my online complaint and despite having an existing complaint, they wanted another week to address my complaint. They said that it was up to the store (franchise) to contact me and they couldn't make the location address my concern. What a mistake, avoid at all cost! I know I will from now on!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

You How three IHOP restaurant who don't know how to serve disabled people. I am visually impaired. They do not have Braille menus that's required by federal ADA when they serve food to your customers. It is Cool and a lot of your workers Have a bad attitude yesterday. My daughter and I went to a IHOP on 17th St. before Grand Avenue in Santa Anna. The waitress had a bad Attitude, gave me sourdough toast that I did not ask for, cool eggs when the food should be hot and not taste like they all do. Something about your restaurant the ones on Harbor will not serve me because eight years ago my uncle who is a police officer came and told me to move my RV because McDonald's was talking about towing it.

They told me I was not allowed in the restaurant anymore. That's the way they treat their customers. I am disabled. One time I went in and I was told I could not plug in my power chair and I was sitting at a table by a plug. I only had one bar on my power chair and my husband had a push it to the Disneyland parking lot and there is a 500 pound chair. I don't appreciate people treating others like if they were a piece of trash and when you're homeless is not our fault but they don't want to serve them either. I have seen a lot of homeless people come into the restaurant and they're told to get out. People or people home with her not. We are God's people not dogs.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I have been a loyal IHOP customer for years. I travel with my family quite often and, no matter which state we are in, IHOP has been our first choice for breakfast. Unfortunately, after many years of patronage, our positive experience came to an end on Christmas day of 2017. On this morning, we decided to go to IHOP in 795 South Semoran Boulevard in Orlando Florida (Store #36-081).

After eating breakfast, our waitress returned to our table and informed me that my credit card had been declined twice. I found this to be odd so I called my credit card company to get more information. In the meantime, I paid for the meal in cash. The credit card customer service representative informed me that the transaction was not declined on their end. In fact, she saw two transactions posted. I called the waitress and informed her about my findings; she was not able to give a clear explanation so she suggested for me to speak to the manager. I agreed.

The manager came with a hyper attitude. He appeared to be annoyed by my request to speak to him. He stated that credit card companies sometimes decline transactions because of fraud. I explained to him that this was not the case in my situation and that two transactions were showing in my account in addition to the fact that I had paid in cash. He appeared not to be listening to my concerns. He was talking loud enough that it caught the attention of the patrons sitting around our table. He stated in an unprofessional and insensitive manner, "It is not my fault if your credit card was declined twice."

I reiterated to him that it was not my credit card. I also stated that I was going to keep an eye on the transactions and that I would be following up if I was overcharged. At this time he stated again in a loud voice that it was not his fault that I was declined twice. He abruptly and unprofessionally walked away with my receipt while stating sarcastically, "Merry Christmas, I am not going to go back and forth with you". Again, patrons around me were staring at our table, some chuckled. My family and I were extremely embarrassed.

As we were walking out, I asked the manager for my receipt. I also asked for his full name. He walked around hyper stating, "I'll give you my name, I'll even give you my damn picture with it." I told him that there was no need to be a **. He stated in confrontational manner, "What did you call me?" At this point I did not want this incident to continue to escalate, so I proceeded towards the exit. As I was walking out, a waitress yelled sarcastically, "Merry Christmas!" There were patrons at the main lobby waiting to be seated. Again, my family and I were made a focus of sarcasm. The unprofessional culture in store # 36-0810 is evident.

It is superfluous to reiterate how the manager treated us in an unprofessional and disrespectful manner. My family and I have never been embarrassed and treated in such a way by anyone, let alone by a manager of a restaurant that prides itself for their customers to "Come hungry. Leave happy". His unprofessionalism, sarcasm, negative behavior and lack of customer service cannot be justified.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I got FOOD POISONING from IHOP!!! I went to the doctor and he confirmed that, and the doctor told me that his son also got Food Poisoning from IHOP!!! It took me 2 weeks to get well. IHOP refused to take any responsibility!! Stay aware!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Hello I was passing through San Marcos going to San Antonio, and I stopped by IHOP 1920 and where I sat down at a wonderful waiter's table, and I happen to overhear the Manager not letting his staff clock out when they were supposed to, and had them stay longer than supposed to which is awful but the coworkers there seemed so unhappy too. The staff were wonderful to the customers especially our waiter. Except there was this one waitress, I didn't know her name but I know she had a black ponytail, and the way she acted to her coworkers was extremely inappropriate. She was very rude to her customers. I feel so bad for her coworkers. It breaks my heart, I used to be a waitress, and I know it's difficult but the other staff looked like they were having a bad day - good day.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

At a stop for lunch with my family, our server, Katrina went above And beyond her customer service duties. She checked on us every 5 minutes or so. However the food took awhile to get to us. The restaurant was not busy, so we couldn't figure out why our order was taking forever. My true reason for this review is to praise Katrina. She was the best server I've ever had. And I'm in the hospitality business! She deserves recognition.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Going into IHOP waiting to be seated we had to wait for over 10 minutes and they wasn't busy. The food was great but the restaurant wasn't all that clean and if my husband didn't make a joke the waitress wouldn't of said too much of anything.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I called in my to go order around 11:02 am. The person that took my order seemed as if she didn't know how to take an order, I was told that it would take 20 minutes before it would be ready. I got there around 11:25 am and waited for my food for another 25 minutes before it was ready. I also ordered a drink which was not readily available when my food came out and requested my hash brown to be crispy which was nowhere near close. This is not the first time that I have had to wait long for a to go order or my order not being correct. I am very unhappy with the service for to go orders. Store#1915 in Lafayette, La Server.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Take a hint. If you don't know how to cook it, don't even try. Stick to breakfast only. Lunch we had today was not fit for consumption. Will never eat lunch again at any Ihop. This store was in Waxahachie Texas. 23.55 was amount of bill.

Original review: April 22, 2017

This morning I visited IHOP for breakfast with my two kids. We waited after ordering food for over 2 hours. Post repeated reminders server came to me and said he forgot about the order and wanted me to reorder. Which I did and again after 30 min I finally left with my hungry kids to go to a place where we could get a decent service. My experience has been very bitter. I do not recommend anyone to go to this place.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Visited the IHOP Restaurant in Lake Wales, Florida store # 36-095. The Server Brittanie ** and the Store Manager Donna ** were exceptional!! In addition to great food the service was above and beyond expectations. My spouse was just out of the Lake Wales Medical Center and not feeling well and the Manager Donna ** attended to our every comfort to include placing an ICE bag on her neck. Just incredible. Brittanie the Server ensured the food was HOT and just the way we wanted it. A real tribute to IHOP employing these special people!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My family went to the IHOP in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Restaurant number 360172. We used to go every Sunday, but every single time we went, we had problems with either the food, service, wait time, or some other ordeal. We tried going to a further IHOP in Fort Walton beach, but still horrible. They don't apologize, and only make excuses. I always get the egg white fit omelette with dry sour dough toast. It has come hard boiled, not cooked through, half the size, and we always (I mean every single time), get told we can't sub toast for fruit. Which they always end up doing after a very unpleasant confrontation.

This time, at the Gulf Breeze location, we were told, again, we can't sub toast for fruit. Terry (the unprofessional, wannabe manager) told my husband he had better be grateful they are giving us toast this time, because it will not happen again. My husband asked her firstly, why aren't the customers always right? That is a businesses true purpose, to make the customer happy. Next, he told her to grab the real manager. She was dismissive, and very rude. The manager never came to our table, our drinks didn't come until after our meal was delivered.

We love the food when it is made correctly. It was delicious this time. Demi ** was our server in training. She did a great job aside for forgetting our drinks. I have to say though, when we have had problems with our food, we actually get told that is how it comes, so if we ask for it to be made again, apparently it comes unfixed? I can't believe they actually get away with telling customers that. Terry needs to find a new job. Demi, told us she fired her as her trainer. So, Apparently, she is as rude to her fellow employees as she is to her customers.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information