2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

My husband and I usually enjoy breakfast a couple of mornings a week at McMinnville OR, IHOP. I particularly enjoy the harvest grain pancakes, however order only 2. We find the food delicious and promptly brought to our table from the grill just as we order it. Eggs are always cooked as ordered, as is all of the food. Coffee is not bitter with carafe being regularly refilled. Servers are very congenial, most times calling us by name, and serve us with a smile. New servers are always aided by either a seasoned server or store manager. Manager always walks through several times, greeting people, oftentimes by name. We have eaten at IHOP in Twin Falls, ID and Bend OR and have received excellent service and food at those locations. The online coupons are also Great!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Me and my family enjoy eating at Ihop. I think for a primarily breakfast spot they do offer a lot of different options. They have recently increased the options on their lunch and dinner menus which is awesome. Feeding a family of 4 sometimes gets rather expensive, but I can always count on being able to go to ihop and staying within my budget. I also see where they have increased coupons. I usually go to a restaurant and download their app if there is one available, so that I can have the options of their coupons or specials. Ihop offers these options also.

I also do the surveys at the end of my receipt to receive my free stack of pancakes... It might not seem like a lot but it adds up rather quickly so any savings is a plus. Customer service is pretty decent. Can't really say that I had any major issues. All in all I would say ihop is a good choice to take your family to eat and not have to worry with spending a whole lot of money and the food taste great!!!! You will definitely leave full...

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The value for the food served is great, however sometimes the food is cold because the waitresses are so busy and forget. But they are very knowledgeable about the menu items, options and add-ons. Some are friendly and some are just courteous. The food choices are great especially for those like myself that are health conscious but it would be great if you had a variety of herbal teas, I am not a coffee drinker. To sum it up the restaurant is always busy so the food is good, and affordable especially for big families. The service just needs to be a little faster and some of the waitresses and hosts should smile, it goes a long way. Thank You and Happy Holidays to All!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

The IHOP I go to is real good as far as getting seated promptly. The wait staff seem to be in such a hurry all the time when taking an order then the food takes longer than it should. I have had to send back an order because the waitress wrote the item incorrectly. Then after I got home I realized I paid for the wrong meal, not what I had to wait longer for. I did not call as it was not more than $1.60 more and it was not worth it. Perhaps she was having a bad day. The bathroom generally smells as if there is a sewer problem. Other than that it’s all good.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

This is one of my favorite places to eat. You can get breakfast or burgers at anytime of the day. I have never had a bad meal there. Food portions are large. I usually take about 1/2 of my meal home. So I really get 2 meals for the price of one. Wait staff are friendly and helpful. If you ask they even have flavored creamers for your coffee! They give you a pitcher of coffee. They will also refill it for free. Their decaf coffee is never old and yucky. The place is kid friendly. They give a coloring placemat, a small box of crayons to kids. I often find coupons in my local paper for buy one meal, get another free. I often take my 90 year old neighbor there for brunch.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

For the Ihop in Tucson Arizona on Broadway. Regardless of the Covid19 pandemic, the cleanliness of the restaurant is bad and this is especially directed at the tables, plates, glasses and silverware. It was still showing on the glass someone else's lip marks when they brought my water. I asked for another glass and same thing. Everything was super spotted and didn't feel clean or any measures to prevent the spread of the virus. They wore masks, but that is the only thing I saw they made sure of.

The quality of food and flavor was horrible. Way too much butter and grease was used and the butter was either old or added something slimy and sweet. Service from the waitress was slower than a snail. I saw my plate literally sitting in the kitchen window for 15 minutes before it was brought to me. Plate was hot, but not the food. On top of this, there were only 3 customers and 3 waitresses, so there was no excuse for not tending to the customers. I'm scared that with the incomplete proper cleaning of food dishes and cooking that I am still exposed to the virus. Please clean up and check cooking techniques and cleaning.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Phone wasn't answered. Management was very nasty. Told me I could get hit by a car as I requested that he correct his ordering service. Talked nastily to me in front of various customers and gave me only half of my order. Service terrible and manager was VERY NASTY AND UNPROFESSIONAL! PLEASE CORRECT THIS. JERSEY CITY ROUTE 440 STORE. RATING = 0.

Original review: May 25, 2020

My family and I chose IHOP in McMinnville to have breakfast today and we are very disappointed. Our server had a rude and uninviting attitude and body language when we were not ready to order at her first check in. When requested ahead of time to split the check between two sets of four meals, she seemed inconvenienced and had a snide comment "I guess." The server never came to refill coffee or ask if we needed anything.

Our Omelettes were cold. I had asked at time of order for bacon to be added to my omelet and when it came it had none. Another server saw me looking around for help and she asked if everything was alright and I told her our issue. At that time our server came over briefly and when I told that there was no bacon she walked away and stated loudly and embarrassingly that "she would pay for it." When our server came back to bring us the check she stated again without needing too loudly and rudely again that she had paid for the bacon (nobody needed her to pay for bacon that was never added in the first place).

I was completely appalled and dissatisfied at her level of customer service and her general attitude. I don't usually make it a point to complain or reach out if I have a bad experience, but this experience was not acceptable and our server in my opinion is hurting your business. This is a time that I feel support to local businesses is very important, unfortunately I highly doubt I will ever return. I also feel compelled to tell others how I was treated.

Original review: May 22, 2020

We are retired, we use to eat at IHOP a lot now and think, the last two times we have eaten there, we received little good at a an high price. We will not eat there again. The service is very slow. Only 4 tables are filled and servers are slow. Waited a good five minutes to have my drink refilled. Sorry to see this restaurant go downhill.

Original review: April 19, 2020

You are my favorite restaurant! I barely ever get to go to this restaurant because it is expensive but I still love it! The pancakes are my favorite food there and my whole family loves IHOP. If you haven't gone there before you are missing out. I don't know one person who doesn't like IHOP.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information