2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: March 22, 2021

Every time I get food from IHOP I always get sick. It doesn't matter the location. Over the years I gave IHOP chances and see if it was a certain type of food. I tried their chicken, pancakes and Belgian waffles a few days ago.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I purchased a meal for my family from here through Uber Eats. Now I know uber eats is responsible for not being able to find a driver but if I can see that so can you. I placed my order at 10:15. It didn't say they found a driver until 11:30 but for some reason my food was made at 10:15 and just sat until someone showed up. Waffles and pancakes had been sitting for 2hrs and you sent it out the door. My food was delivered at 12:20am and you're only 5miles down from me. I understand uber eats couldn't find a driver and that's not your fault but you as an establishment sent cold food out your door as if it was the customer's fault

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

We got there and were seated right away which was nice but when it came to having to order it took a half hour and then after ordering it took another forty-five minutes to get our food + tea smelled like fish.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Poor service, dirty floor, not practicing social distancing. Waitress for area was visiting w/ family, not caring for other tables. 30 min. Waiter # 2 took order, promised coffee refills. Never returned. Other customers were seated within 3 feet of our table. Food & trash were on seats & floor. Staff unconcerned. Stated a large group was in other side of building and waiter was moved to that area.

Resolution response: Dec. 28, 2020

Got my order after 3 hrs.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I oredered online in IHOP website then after 30 mins not received my order I called them but transferred me to Grubhub. I called GrubHub which transfer me back to IHOP. Until now, I have no food no refund. So inconvenient and waste of money and time.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I always loved this place but this last time it was a disgrace, waited for table then they brought us to the table still with stuff left from last customer not even sanitized, I waited and asked to have the table wiped then I notice they was doing to another table too but I guess the customer did not noticed, the waiter wiped my table and and while was wet she put the menus that got all soak and she expected us to seat then. Another waiter dry it out the table when I appreciated for it, I told them. I was not supposed have to tell them to have the table sanitized and ready before bring a customer to the table.

Honestly I was so disappointed because I noticed they was not sanitizing the tables at all and the service was horrible. My daughter got chicken fingers that was hard to eat and my son asked for chocolate chip pancakes and it came chocolate pancakes. It was such of waste of my money with such a terrible service. I was used to go there on Sundays after church with my kids. Now I just have to go someone else with Covid, restriction and sanitized.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I signed up for a free stack of pancakes on 10/31/20. In the IHOP website it is advertised that "You can get the free stack NOW" after signing up. I did not receive any coupon via my email immediately. Instead, literally 24 hours later, I received a coupon voucher to be used at an address in Glendale, CA. My address is in Austin, Tx and my address is saved in the IHOPmembership too. Today 11/3/20, I spoke with a "Josh" about still not receiving that coupon. He stated that he is the supervisor but that it would take another 2-3 days to receive the coupon with the corrected address. I find utterly surprising as all of this is done electronically. Meaning that coupon is most likely in a template and just the wording would need rectifying. What a disappointment and quite frankly false advertising on IHOP.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

The IHOP in Bellmead, TX is not a place I would recommend. A friend and I ate there on 10/29/30 and it took at least 12 minutes to be acknowledged. Common sense is to at least acknowledge the customer to say, I'll be with you shortly or something of that nature rather than say nothing. The customer service and food quality confirmed that was my third and final time visiting this specific location. It has been disappointment after disappointment. To the Management of IHOP, please find out and correct whatever happened when IHOP moved from the Baylor location to the Bellmead location. It is not the same and needs an overhaul to bring this IHOP back up to standards. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I was at Ihop last night October 21, 2020 in Culpeper, Va. I was dinner and across from me there were two ladies. Four waitresses came out and sang Happy Birthday to her. I took my grandson there for his Birthday on October 7, 2020. I told the waitress that it was his Birthday. So she didn't know for sure if they could sing too. So she went and asked the Manager. She came and said that they aren't doing the singing because of the Virus. She did bring him ice cream. But I just think it was rude. I do like their food. But the pancakes are too dry.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I and my family of 6 went to iHop in Racine as they were closed down for a while I wanted to go as they were back up and running! I have never had such horrible service in life! First when we walked in we were greeted by being told in a rude way that my daughter needed a mask as she left it in the van. We should have left right then and there. But didn’t! We then waited forever to be seated. There was only us and another family in the whole restaurant!

Then Took 15 minutes for drinks and it Should never take 40 minutes for burgers and breakfast food! No phones were ringing nobody else came into the restaurant either it was ridiculous on how long we waited Never again! Meanwhile my 2 year old was screaming like crazy because he was hungry... Then the waiter Brought us the food with no silverware! Never got refills. Never was asked if we needed boxes. 55.00$ I could of spent somewhere else! I will never ever go back to this restaurant. I didn’t even want to tip and I have never felt like this before I always tip so well!

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information