2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants
International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

3.4/5 (309 ratings)

About International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes (IHOP)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I love Ihop and this experience was the worst by so far. The server didn’t say hi or anything. My food was cold, I told them it was cold and they just reheated my food. The food was touching the server dirty shirt. Never again I would eat in this location. It was in Fort Myers, Florida, on Cleveland Ave.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I'm so sick of these chain restaurants thinking that they can compare to actual gourmet restaurants. You're a step above McDonald's. In fact McDonald's is better. If I'm gonna spend 20 bucks on a breakfast it will be at a top rated restaurant not at one of your not so fine establishments.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Me and my family went to IHOP in Temple Terrace, Florida. We had to wait to be seated 30 min. They said they have no employees to work! Of course you will have no employees to work, because they pay employees cheap. The food was terrible and they charged for the bread, something that no other food chain does. Everything was expensive which did not match the test of the food. IHOP is terrible. Please avoid eating there and working there so they can file for Chapter 13. Employers need to learn to start paying their employees good so they will have no shortage.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Went to IHOP at 12755 SW 88 street in Miami Florida this evening with my daughter. We arrived at 8 and sat down, waited over 20 minutes for server to come and take our order. He came back 10 minutes later. My pancakes were hard as a rock and the food was cold. My daughter ordered a burger and it was raw. We were there for a good 45 minutes waiting for our server ** to come to our table so we could get the order set straight and done right, he never came. Meanwhile in the kitchen you could hear, what we believe, the cook yelling and complaining about how the job is not worth it for $15 an hour. He was cussing and really loud. I finally got another server to come to my table and I asked for a manager, what a surprise, no manager.

** then suddenly appears asking why I want to see a manager. He would have know if he had come to our table to check how the food was. At that point he says, "Oh well let me get you new pancakes and the burger well done." This was 45 minutes too late. I tried to be patient and give him a chance in that time we waited. This was a horrible experience and highly recommended never going to this IHOP.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Rude management. Went to pick up an order was told I should just leave (from manager). Finally got the food over 45 min later (quick 2 egg breakfast) Was told not to bother coming back to this restaurant (from the manager). I was nice and cordial, unlike the Manager. As if I ever would put myself through that again she obviously doesnt understand customers are what keep the doors open. If you would like to be ignored from the staff and have a terrible customer relations interaction with cold food, this is the place for you. If not, please do not waste your money on this, many other restaurants that would love to have your business.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We waited for our food for a long time. My fiancee hash browns were cold and stiff. The peppers on my omelet weren't cooked, and they brought my daughter still frozen french fries. It's not the waitresses fault, but whoever was cooking had no business in a kitchen of any sort.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Our son took us out to eat as a gift to his Daddy. We arrived at about noon. We finally left at 3pm. We had to wait an hour and a half total to be seated and for our food. The food arrived burnt. We ate it bc we were hangry and knew that it would only be a longer wait if we complained. The kitchen staff were acting like it was party central. One waitress finally had two tables full of people walk out bc they got tired of waiting, that's when she went in the kitchen and said something. We only knew bc when she left, one of the kitchen staff started cursing and dropping ** bombs. Our food came out after that.

Original review: May 20, 2021

My family and I ate at IHOP location 2250 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806. That was the worst service I have experience I ever had. First ** that what he said his name was and he didn't wear a name tag. First he spills water on the our table. Then I asked for hot water, he gave me a mug that had big lip stick stain on it. Then he served the water in those hot tea or coffee container when I pour out hot water that was disgusting, the water was not clear, it was light yellow. It looked like pee pee. I informed him regards to this water. He didn't change it. The food didn't look tasty to me any longer. This ruined my whole meal. Very unpleasant experience eating there. This ruin my appetite thinking that they could poison our food.

Original review: May 15, 2021

It was the most horrific service on planet earth. I am certain that I am not exaggerating. They made customers wait in the lobby and only one waiter/waitress at time would come to seat whichever customer was next, while the other wait staff made certain that when they walked by they did not make eye contact with anyone in the lobby to avoid being questioned about when they would seated and what the hold up was etc. Whichever wait staff did the seating, would get drink orders and food orders of the party they just seated before they would come to the lobby again and ask who was next. Completely disorganized.

Why can't they be like other restaurants and just seat everyone to avoid having customers wait for two hours. I mean give me a break, they only keep the restaurant about half full to begin. I worked as a waiter for 5 years. You are supposed to seat as many customers as you can and take their drink orders and take their food orders later on when you're caught up. Horrible!

When one of the customers complained to the manager, her excuse was that she was very understaffed with only 4 wait staff. I have seen restaurants with only 2 wait staff seat 50 plus customers with no problem. Yes it's hectic, but you should do anything to avoid having customer wait for two hours. They weren't courteous enough to offer complimentary beverage for the inconvenience. The only reason I even bothered to tip was because I am a teacher/coach, and the waitress recognized me because she graduated 6 years ago from the high school I teach at and she was very courteous and polite. There is a learning curve for wait staff, but for management, this was completely inexcusable.

Original review: May 4, 2021

After being asked to wait for a text to be seated, and waiting 45 minutes when we were told 35, and people leaving so there was seating available, and getting fed up, we left. We were texted 40 hours later. This is the location that’s across from What used to be Forest Fair Mall in Fairfield, OH.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information