International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

3.8/5 (630 ratings)

About International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I've had 4 orders delivered from IHOP and 3 or of the 4 orders were incomplete. Of the 3 incomplete orders they have not given me GRAVY for my Chicken Fried Steak! They've also substituted items I ordered, like the Jumbo Sausage subbed by regular Pork Sausage. With three orders of hot cakes, they did get the syrup right but gave me ONE butter. The ONLY order they got right was #3 out of the 4, because I contacted the Manager, before; during; and after the order by phone to make sure they got it right. I should NOT have to talk them through getting an order right. DO YOUR JOBS!!! SEE CHK #**. Web Order #**

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Food quality issues, rude loud mouth waitress. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Rude waitress didn’t bring what we asked her for then when the butter tasted like pure sodium she dismissed it and told me there was nothing wrong with it. Didn’t bring check boxes. Trust and believe you don’t want this experience for a 50 dollar breakfast. Never again and Shelby ** you should be more concerned about what that loud mouth did to us instead of asking what we did to her.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

3 of us went to IHOP on South 3rd Street in Terre Haute, Ind., and were extremely disappointed. We were seated and ordered Biscuits & Gravy, and the server told us she was sorry, but IHOPs no longer carry Biscuits & Gravy at any of their restaurants. We were extremely hungry but we left anyway and went down the street to Bob Evans where they offered several varieties of Biscuits & Gravy for our enjoyment.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

IHOP in Burlington County is overcharging people. Once they charge you while you are there the next day they charge you again another amount. My husband called and the manager stated that it happens very often to wait a few days and it will disappear. It has been more than 4 days and it has not returned to our account. This is the second time this happens to us in the last 2 months. Please have someone investigate that location.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Jax, yes, was so attentive and welcoming she made us feel like we were at HOME, LITERALLY!! Her high spirited Energy just captivating. I wasn’t big on IHOP. I’ll come back because of Jax. “The Jax Bowl” Spinach, onions, cheese, potatoes, broccoli and hash browns and eggs (a must try)

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Me and my family have been eating here for centuries! We love the great customer service! The food! The experience at IHOP is suppose to be a happy one. Well not ours! We will NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN! The past several times we tried to eat here, no one ever even notices you exist. You never get drinks. Silverware if you get any, is dirty. The managers are rude to the employees in front of customers! This was the worst experience me and my family have ever had! It felt unsafe! We travel all year, and look forward to visiting family, and having breakfast at ihop. This is sad to see such a once wonderful company go down so far. This was the last straw for me and my family.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

After we were seated this morning, 10-18-22, no one offered to take our order after waiting 15- 20 minutes. The restaurant was not busy, perhaps 40% full. We finally left since no one seemed interested in serving us. This experience was very discouraging and what was once one of our favorite places for breakfast may not see us there again. This occurred at the IHOP located at 10662 E. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I had a craving for pancakes while running errands. Asked server for an order of scrambled eggs with pancakes on the side to go. Server asked for order three times (& checked with manager) before entering into system...He was new. Upon rec'g purchase (I didn't check receipt as order had been verified 3X and with the manager) I traveled to next destination 5 miles away to consume. The bag contained syrup packets, ketchup packets, utensils & an order of eggs w/ home fries & MOLDY rye toast... But no pancakes.

I called the restaurant & the supervisor said that I could return for more toast but would have to pay separately for an order of pancakes, claiming I was charged correctly since home fries come with eggs on combo orders. It didn't matter that I didn't want home fries. Not only did she not apologize for the MOLDY bread, she was clueless about the concept of remediating poor customer service. I contacted corporate office who responded with an apology & said the local franchisee would follow up with me. No one ever did. So disappointed in IHOP. It used to be a reliable breakfast place. (I still have the pictures awaiting contact by the franchisee.)

Original review: July 29, 2022

Went in with my daughter, place had protective glass for COVID with handprints all over. Server was great but food was horrible. Crepes look gray at corners and rubbery. I had a burger with no seasoning and onion rings cooked in old grease with a piece of chicken from prob an old order. Never again!!!! Use to love it when I was younger.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I ordered the 2-2-2 deal at approximately 12:30 PM on Thursday 16Jun22. I had not eaten anywhere else, including at my home, during the day in question. When I returned to the restaurant afterwards to inform them about the situation, both the manager and the owner refused to accept any responsibility nor refund any of my money (Bill was ONLY $6.68). The owner then inferred that it may have been alcohol related (I don't drink alcohol). They did not apologize nor offer any discount or refund, then quickly asked me to leave the premises indicating the police would be called if I didn't leave. I then offered to wait for the police outside, but they never actually came. Very bad business etiquette. I will never eat there again, not because of the presumed food poisoning, but because of their attitude toward me when I informed of myself getting sick. VBHD and VHD were notified of the issue. I hope this message may help someone else avoid this horrible IHOP & restaurateur.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Information