International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Lack of integrity and rude Manager. This morning we visited the La Verne location for a late breakfast. We had purchased a raffle ticket through our children's school a couple years ago, and held it until the time was right. The Gift Certificate was entitled, IHOP #791 1201 Foothill Blv La Verne CA 91750 and was "In the Amount of...Free Complete Meal for a Family of 4" - no expiration date. An ID in red ink on the bottom of the certificate. We presented it to our server, and in about 5 minutes the Manager ** came to our table and said, "Sorry, we can't honor this because there is new ownership." When I asked where on the certificate did it say that this certificate was predicated on ownership, she said that she'd have to contact the owner. I said, "OK, go ahead and give him a call." She said, "I don't think he's available". I told her that was not acceptable, and I think that they should honor it.

Nothing on the certificate indicated any expiration, amount or ownership. This is not acceptable and I expect a full refund - total $43.74. I added a $10 tip for **, the server who apologized profusely, but I have no issue with her. The issue is with the rude Manager and with the principle of this issue. In a day an age of mass internet exposure and risk of poor reputation, I think that an immediate reply and refund are appropriate.

I wanted to take my family out for a nice quiet meal and ended up with the complete opposite. First off we saw the hostess outside having a smoke break upon our arrival. I didn't think anything of it and went inside, only to sit there along with 3 other parties waiting to be seated... then he decides to come inside and seat us. We were Sat at a table in front of the kitchen entrance/exit, my 9-month old son was in a highchair at the end of the table (where the servers are walking out with hot foods & beverages... that made me very uneasy.

Then the "hostess" tells us they are short-staffed. I look around and only counted 3 servers IN THE ENTIRE BUILDING. At this point I'm ready to go elsewhere, I stay because I see our food lined up in the kitchen. The chef actually brings us our food and is actually a breath of fresh air considering his co-workers all seem to be nutbags. While eating I look into the kitchen because I hear profanity blaring from someone's mouth and as I mentioned earlier, my 9-month old was in earshot of this entire conversation. Meanwhile our server brings us an entire pitcher of soda instead of refilling our glasses.

I'll attach a photo of the "hostess" preparing someone's food with his dingy gross boxers hanging out of his pants and a server dropping an entire box of condiments on the floor beside us shattering glasses of hot sauce. If I wanted to go to the circus I'd go to the circus, if I wanted my child around indecent conversations I would've settled for a dark seedy bar. But I wanted a nice family meal and ended up boxing it and going home because the service was horrible and I paid a good amount of money. I didn't receive my receipt either.

Been meaning to post this! We went to IHOP in Brooklyn Center, MN and this waitress (Sarah **) gave us a drink that had a maggot in it! Then she had the nerve to still charge us for the drink! Like are you kidding me! When we told her we weren't paying for it, she got an attitude like it was our fault. I wish we would have gotten a picture of it so we could have sued the crap out of that IHOP! Never going back there. That's gross.

This restaurant is going down is responsibility of bad choice when selecting personnel!! This restaurant is super good and delicious! The service is supppppper bad!! Repetitive occasions forgotten everything! And yelling loud side to side like a urban market!! Asking for things every minute living behind because not putting attention! The restaurant was empty! Hot Wells and Hwy 37 South San Antonio, and the one more close to me is the one in McCreless on S. New Braunfels is more urban service. No manners San Antonio, Texas 78210.

Come in after a long day at a shutdown 4 hour drive - meet my wife in Tillman's corner IHOP in Alabama and don't get served and treated like I wasn't nothing but ** and I just wanted to take my kids out to eat because I ain't seen them in awhile so I left and went to Waffle House and I will never eat at another IHOP again being treated so wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International House of Pancakes?

I tried IHOP twice when I was in Tracy, California and I could say they may not be the best pancakes in the world but I like how fluffy they are. I ordered the buttermilk pancakes and their add-on bacon strips. They're really filling and tasted wonderful. A very hearty breakfast indeed! They also had 4 different choices of syrup flavor to go with the pancakes. I would also like to commend their staff at their Tracy store because they were really friendly and tried their best to give us the best customer service.

I am writing this review because I think IHOP is overrated. It's not that delicious!!! The pancakes are just regular pancakes sold at a very high price. At first I really wanted to try their pancakes. I was dying to eat them because of what I heard from friends and other people, they say they're very delicious. So, one day, I decided to take my breakfast there. They're so expensive but then again I thought maybe the taste is worth the price. I was wrong... The pancakes look okay. Nothing special. Just like the regular ones that I eat at home or at McDonald's. I thought "don't judge a book by its cover". When I took my first bite, the first thing that came into my mind was... what a waste of money, time, and energy. I came to this place 5 miles from home to eat this kind of pancake?!! Are you ** kidding me?!

This is so unfair! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! Starbucks is also expensive BUT IT IS WORTH IT! Their coffee is the best. But IHOP and their expensive regular-tasting plain-looking nothing special overrated pancakes??? I can't understand why so many people eat there! Is there something that I don't know or should I know? I was really dissatisfied. I won't go back there!! I regret going there.

Upon my last experience with IHOP I would have to give the restaurant a 3/5 star rating for the following reasons: The waitress was AMAZING. She was very attentive to our needs and funny in the process. The food however was subpar. Did you know they put pancake batter in their omelets!? Overall satisfied, and would go again. However only if invited.

My husband and I went to IHOP for a breakfast/dinner last night. The food was sufficient and so was the service. The young female server was very nice and asked more than once if everything was alright. THE COFFEE WAS TERRIBLE. IT WAS SO WEAK YOU COULD NOT TASTE COFFEE! When I asked the server if she could make some stronger coffee, she explained the coffee came prepackaged. In my opinion there was too much water put in the coffee maker in order to make more coffee. We have eaten at this store before and been pleased with our meal. I suppose the owner decided that he was going to make the coffee last longer by adding water to it. When you pay $2.29 for a cup, you want to at least taste the coffee taste. NOT SURE WE WILL GO BACK!

We came to celebrate a friend's child's birthday. We arrived at 6:40 pm and was still waiting for food at 8:00. pm. I ordered a glass of tea, it was not served with the other beverages. Even though I and others repeatedly reminded and asked for it, I never received my tea. They finally gave me a glass of water. There were only 4 other people there when we were. Now we know why.

In Fargo, ND. While choosing IHOP for a late night meal with my husband. I tried to order an omelet without pancake batter. Having celiac disease, it can be fatal and usually requires a hospital stay. I ask the waitress to ask the cook if it could made without the pancake batter and was told no, that she had asked before. I then ordered a salad that contained oranges. She came back to inform that they were out of oranges. I ended up with a bowl of greens, very small amount of chicken and a few pecans with a $9.69 charge. What a waste of money and a terrible experience.

I was in Ihop for over an hour and the waitress never acknowledge us and I had to ask the cook "is anyone going to take our order" and he was ** so he came from the back to take our order and when he place the food on the counter the waitress never brought our food to us. I had to get up and get my own food off the counter. Then I ask her for a drink and she said then, "The cook take your order then he needs to get your drink." She DID not want to wait on us and she was not busy just walking around doing nothing. She waited on everyone else and greeted them at the door but not us. I felt like I wasn't human the way she treated us - animals get treated better then that. I have it all on video. If you ever go to the Ihop in Deerfield branch make sure Patricia not your waitress - she has a very bad attitude against African Americans. She has made it very bad for me to step foot in another Ihop.

I've tried for over a month to get the birthday coupons from IHOP. I've called customer service several times. I only receive emails from IHOP customer support stating the issue is on my end. Clearly the issue isn't, no emails get blocked or sent to spam. Every correspondence IHOP says the issue is my fault. Clearly the issue is on IHOP and for some reason they refused to help. Even after several calls to Customer Care(less).

I and a group of students went to the IHOP in Sevierville. The manager required us to order from a group menu of only six items instead of choosing something to eat from whole menu. They said it was easier on the kitchen staff. I feel that if I am paying, I should be able to order whatever I want. Our waiter, Levi, was pretty good.

When you have inarticulate, ignorant people at all levels in your restaurant it is going to reflect negatively on IHOP. I called before I went. The woman, name unknown, answered the phone and spoke several loud, guttural, unintelligible words. Confused, I said that I was trying to reach IHOP. She responded with, "Yeah, this is IHOP." I asked if they had Wi-Fi. She said, "Yeah." When I arrived I waited several minutes at the 'Wait to be seated' sign. I can't imagine why it took so long to notice/acknowledge me, there were only two occupied tables. When the waitress finally come to seat me I found the Wi-Fi wasn't working. A woman was on her computer a few tables over and I asked her if she was able to access the internet. She said, "No, the signal is too weak."

I asked the waitress why the Wi-Fi wasn't working. She did not understand even the most rudimentary aspects of computers but she repeatedly kept saying that it was working, even after I showed her it was not working. I asked her where the wireless router was located so I could try to seat closer to it in hopes of being in signal range. She didn't know what a router was. I asked a man with a name tag that read, 'G.M. Earnest' that was supposed to be the manager. His English communication skills were terrible; vocabulary, pronunciation, and grammar. He said, "The router is all over the building." Obviously he was technically ignorant. These IHOP employees represent IHOP. These two do NOT represent IHOP well.

Just left from there with an upset stomach. Their French toast was not even cooked, neither were the waffles or crepes. As soon as we walked in, it smelled like mildew or something old and the coffee was gross. They need to do major cleaning and seriously, it wasn't busy for them to not thoroughly cook the food. We just didn't want to deal with rude service sending the food back or getting up to leave.

We frequently come to the New Orleans IHOP airport, and every time the service is terrible, from they are constantly out of coffee cups to having to wait an extremely long time for the food, or getting the other wrong. Tonight I waited one hour for an omelette. When it came it looked terrible, the eggs were burnt. I asked for no cheese and it had cheese, my husband asked for all whites and twice they made it with regular eggs, asked for sausage and it came with ham. After waiting one hour we had to wait another thirty minutes. When the food came the second time, and it was still wrong, I had no choice but to send it back. They sent the same omelette back. I am so, so sick of this IHOP, we go to other ones and we never have this bad experience anywhere else. Oh, don't let me forget, out of lemon for the iced tea, and they never have cup, paper cups. This place will never get my business again. So disgusted.

I tried to place an order for pickup/carry out and waited for 10 minutes on hold and I was told 1 moment. At the end of the 10 minutes I was so frustrated that I didn't even order. You are losing business and customers and you should hold your employees responsible for fast service. Sioux City Iowa IHOP on Gordon Drive.

The manager tried to obligated me to eat outdoors just because he didn't have enough space. It's not my fault. I explicitly asked for an inside seat. He told me if I don't like what he has available, I can leave. I have been trying to complain and get a number to call, but the staff did not want to give it to me since he is the owner. But is giving the IHOP bad reputation to all locations because this complaint I going to post it on my facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I have more than 700 friends, and I asking to repost it.

I came to IHOP after passing several waffle houses at 1:20 am. I order a to go omelette and I am still here at 2:00 am waiting. Nothing has been offered for the inconvenience... Seriously doubt I ever return. Waffle House next time for sure.

IHOP on Semoran Blvd near Stonewall Jackson in Orlando Florida, Sunday service. I went there on Sunday September 27 with my wife, we ordered a simple breakfast. The server was unable to understand a simple order. Two scrambled eggs, potato and toast. She brought the order on three different plates, instead

of one. The eggs looked like glue, the toast was uncut, one was with butter, and one was without. The eggs were uneatable, the toast tasted horrible and my wife said her food was terrible as well. The manager thought he could help, but with what more horrible food. IHOP has become a place to stay away from. You need to eat somewhere else.

Went to IHOP in Escondido, CA. As I am senior, I took advantage of Sr. prices. Got sampler breakfast which was approx. $9. When food arrived, the piece of ham was literally 1 to 2 bites! Small portion of hash browns & some egg. 1 strip bacon & sausage which was fine. The hash browns at IHOP always taste like some sort of chemical (grill cleaner/cheap oil??). When I questioned this hysterical piece of ham, they said because I was senior and if I ordered regular portion it would be better. What's the point of suppose to be acknowledging seniors' crummy incomes, lol. There's just not much personal service anymore. All about $! And seniors are large part of so called IHOP!!! If in Escondido, I recommend Charley's (in no way affiliated) - excellent food, service & prices!! No more IHOP for me!!! Pic of ham before bite.

I walked into the Texarkana store and sat there for 20 mins. After sitting there I watched a waiter walk up to a table and get a drink order that arrived 15 mins after I did. I sat there another 10 mins with nobody ever acknowledging the fact I was there. On my way out 2 female employees were gathered gossiping in a corner near the kitchen, also one was eating! I bet that was nice!!!

Me and my daughter was at the IHOP in Auburn WA. We got seated with menus and when we were ready to order we just sat there. No one took our order for 25 minutes. We were hungry so we left and went to Denny's.

I visited IHOP for the first time in Dubai Mall. I order four cups of coffee. When I got my bill they charged me AED 68.00 for it. I talked to the manager and she said that they charge that for the full thermo. I told her that I never got a refill and she said "that's what we charge and there is nothing I can do about it." I understand that IHOP is to make money but not to rip off their clients with those prices. I will never go back to that place. IF ANYONE GO THERE BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING COFFEE. I don't appreciate coming to this Dubai and get ripped off by a restaurant that way..

Every time you order a breakfast, the steak is served sweetened. This is bad. This is a trick most places use to hide when their beef is going bad. I'm eating more like wasting a steak tips platter because the sweetness doesn't even taste right.. The meat is rotten, caramelized onions couldn't pull off this rancid meat taste.

My family (party of 5 people) ate a breakfast on 08/29/15 at west little rock, AR (only the IHOP for 350000 people). We waited 10 minutes to get our seats. We understand a busy weekend. We were waiting, waiting and 8 min gone (Because people who came behind us received their drinks and almost getting their plates) we couldn't wait anymore. Called host, asked for server. Host was very mad at us, told that she doesn't know. I don't know why she was mad at us. Maybe we asked our server and drinks?

There were 4 servers work for 16 tables. How come you guys can miss us? At least they could have asked our drinks. They were walking around our table asking questions from other customers. We are human being too just like a every other customers. We were waiting for server. You guys are very wrong. I did order anything except coffee and orange juice. I lost my desire to eat because This ihop likes to number the people depending on race, religion, gender, and ethic group. I highly NOT recommend to go Ihop location at little rock, AR, 72211.

Went there today 8/12/2015 for our grandson's first birthday and then seating was so cramped. Were put into a bench seat shared with another table of adults. Our party was 4 adults and 2 highchairs, no room at all on the table or seating wise. The server was not friendly and did not write anything down so a few items were wrong and when my daughter tried to tell her that the baby's order was wrong she actually argued with her. Very disappointed in this new IHOP. Use to go to the old one a lot - won't be back to this one ever again. The IHOP is the new one in Plantation. We were there at 10 this morning.

My mother and I arrived around 7:55 pm Friday evening, August 7, 2015 at the Bedford NH location. We were greeted by a pleasant young lady who promptly showed us to our table. Shortly thereafter a happy and smiling girl promptly greeted us and announced she would be our waitress for this meal and then took our order for drinks. When she returned with our coffee I informed her that we were ready to order our meal. It was now 8:03. My mother ordered a BLT and fries. I ordered the 3 by 3 - 3 eggs over medium and 3 buttermilk pancakes. Let me remind you, I am forty three and have been a very happy and loyal IHOP customer since I was five or, old enough to remember arriving every Saturday morning with my mother and ordering the Silver Dollar pancake breakfast.

Our order did not come out until 8:34. Forgetting the 31 minute wait for an order that would typically only take thirteen to sixteen minutes to prepare and plate. My mother's fries were limp, cold and regretful. The pickle was warm. And the young girl was so cordial and obviously embarrassed. When she placed my food down I instantly complained that the pancakes were reminiscent of the Silver Dollar PC's. They were so tiny and my eggs were dreadfully cold. I had chosen to substitute my meat for an English muffin and the muffin came out after I had asked the waitress to please return my plate to be recooked. The muffin came out plane, no butter or jelly. It was now 8:45 and my plate was now coming out. My mother had long been done her meal and, she opted to not have the fries replaced. We did not leave your restaurant until after 9:00. This was the most horrible night mom and I had ever had eating at IHOP.

I called the IHOP on Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee, FL and was put on hold for 15 minutes and when I hung up and called back whom I was speaking with didn't bother to place the phone on the hook so I couldn't get through to place my order. I've never been so disappointed in my favorite breakfast restaurant and will not be using this location ever again.

International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Company Profile