2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5

Chuck E Cheese Reviews

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

My grandsons birthday everything was going great until we go to the counter where they cash in tickets. Now my granddaughter only have 103 in tickets. The little worker says, "You can only get with what's in the case in front of you." My granddaughter insist she wants a toy for 1500 points. I tell her, "That's fine. I'll pay for 2 of them." She continues to tell me, "But ma'am they are expensive." Well 1st off I didnt ask the price. By the way they're only 15 dollars each.

Next I get to the door ma'am my grandchildren came in with my daughter. She is gone. I dont have a stamp on my hand. She stated she couldn't let them leave with you. "Your daughter will have to return ma'am" These or mines they are leaving with me. She grabs my granddaughter. 1st REAL MISTAKE TOUCHING MY BABY. I grabbed her back and told them, "Let's go." She says, "I need your ID." What will my ID prove. But they should never ever grab on any ones child or tell a person they dont want it because they're expensive.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Back in the good ole days, you played with tokens that cost a quarter a piece. Now you spend close to the same amount as going to ThunderZone or the Funhouse, which have way more games and fun things to do. Going and spending $20 for an hour is a waste when it’s so many more things families can do together than worrying about rushing and going broke. The zoo is even cheaper and I prefer to see real animals while I’m walking and talking with family and getting exercise, rather than having a heart attack or stroke because I’m so stressed on what it costs to have a fun time out at Chuck E. Cheese’s.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Grand daughter's 6th birthday. They gave us a table set with paper cups. A 2 year old child dropped an empty cup on the dirty floor and I took another from empty table behind us filled it with drink for her. An employee approached us and stated that the manager saw what I had done with the cup and said we needed to come to the counter and pay an additional $2.69 for the additional cup! (Apparently they monitor with cameras all of your actions) I paid the "fine" for the cup but will Never book or attend any future function at a Chuck E Cheese. The party was for 14 people and cost almost $160.00 dollars for the cheap pizza and a birthday cake. We had planned another 2 grandchildren's parties in November and December, but will now make other arrangements at a better venue. They got their $2.69 but will lose the profits in the future. Don't reward bad service by going here, customers deserve better.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

It was the first time our family went to Chuck E Cheese. We went with my 3 yr old grandson. It was really a fun time until my grandson had to go to the bathroom. The bathroom was not kid-friendly at all. The counter tops are too high which makes it impossible for the child to turn on the water or to even reach the water. At the same time that we were in the bathroom there was a young girl about 6 yrs old and she could not reach the handles to turn the water on to wash her hands after using the bathroom. I did help her but for being such a kids place I was very disappointed that the bathroom was not kid friendly at all!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

It used to be that I could fill a card with play points for $30 and my son and I could casually play for hours, and have tons of fun, sometimes leaving with points left on the card. Now we play frantically for 1 hour not wanting to waste any "time" to enjoy the moment for $20 and the card expires. As my son says "What a jip!"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?

Original review: June 14, 2019

Other than the bad service this company is just for the money. What happened to the three life games for one token? These games have been modified to one token one life. Bad service. I would not recommend this company to no one.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I recently visited this establishment. I arrived at approximately 7:15 for my granddaughter preschool graduation. I went to the counter to place a good order and to get the 4 kids who were in attendance their play cards. I returned and her present (Pandora earrings) was gone by approximately 745-8:00. I was just about to take her gift to the car. The managers were no help. I'm calling corporate on Monday since they are closed on the weekends but this is ridiculous.

Original review: March 15, 2019

When I was younger I went to Chuck E Cheese and thought it was so fun I went there all the time. Now I'm trying to relive those moments but I can't because the service is terrible. The pizza is left over from other customer's plate and for like 100 tickets you only get one plastic toy. A lot of people really don't like this place and I'm one of them and I would not recommend taking your kids to this awful place.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I gave my son a birthday party there. We were shorted everything. I paid for the highest package for 15 kids. None of the kids got their Dippin' Dots or the party bags. When I tried to tell them that I didn't get those item they wanted to say that I was lying and there was nothing that could be done about it. Still until this day no one has contacted me in regards to this matter.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am a grandmother with 12 grandchildren, have gone to Chuck E Cheese, gone Birthday parties, and given At least ten there. This time was the last. Here is what happened to the end. I was asked if I’d like soda when pizza served I said yes. Soda came after already eating pizza for ten minutes. When they brought it finally they brought a pitcher of water. I was asked would I like cups for adults I said yes. They gave me six. Being I paid for 8 (booked party for ten) only 6 showed up. I took the nonexistent kids cups and had 2 sodas honestly. However when I went to pay at end my bill was higher than it should be. I questioned it. They said they gave me 6 cups. Added a charge of $ 15 and some change. I explained the adults drank water from the pitcher. How else could they have any without cups. I instructed them to check the cups still on table. They were rude and I was overcharged.

The cards for my package for star did not have 30 done. Had 20 done. Had 25 my guests were asking why. I said I don't know. Hate those cards. Kids don’t know how to use and will scan by mistake losing the games paid for. TOKENS can be seen and kids loved them. I don’t like how they sing happy birthday to all the parties at same time. Can’t even hear your child’s name. No personalization. So sad this business no longer what it used to be. The only thing the girl who served our party was sweet and amazing. Goodbye Chuck E Cheese. We will not be back as a paying customer. Do not recommend!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Chuck E Cheese Company Information