Chuck E Cheese

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I booked the birthday party for my daughter at Parma Heights, OH location. We were just few minutes late and they cancel our reservation without letting us know. The manager was so rude as well as the security guard. I felt like punching both in the face. Manager claimed that she called me but never did. Refused to give our money back. And we told them can we just sit and at least cut the cake since we had our reservation for 2 hours but they said no! Baddest customer service ever.

It's my son's Birthday party & the manager named LISA at Chuck E. Cheese Chesapeake VA is very very very rude to us. She will not give us anymore big table for my party & I have my parties no seats & I ordered food for my parties with no table for food. Customer service is very very poor. I will not recommend this place.

I had my son's 3rd birthday party at the Chuck E Cheese in Hicksville, NY at 11-15 Hanover Pl, Hicksville, NY 11801. At the end of the table where we were seated, was a coat rack & area to leave your belongings. I parked my stroller in front of the coat rack. I was taking some pictures and set my camera down on the tray part of the stroller on the top next to the handle. When I went back 10 minutes later, my camera was missing. Other people from another party were also putting their coats on our coat rack. I reported this to our hostess who notified the manager. He said he reviewed the security video & did not see the moment my camera was stolen then later said the camera doesn't reach that area. He told me I could fill out an incident report and I would be contacted by their "Corporate office".

The woman I spoke to from their corporate office said she reviewed the video & they also couldn't see the area where my stroller was. She then proceeded to tell me that even if they did see the incident, they would not be able to tell me who did it or confront the person who stole the camera. I said "so, where's the justice in that?" She said they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. My mistake was not calling the police. This was an expensive camera with pictures from the time my son was born until now. It's very disheartening to know people do this where there are children & it more than likely was another parent. Hold onto any of your valuable belongings at all times. Including your kids since it seems like their security cameras are limited to certain areas of their establishment.

How safe are the areas where children play. No protection of corners on games in case of trips by young children who may not have good balance when walking. Grandson tripped over his feet and bumped his head on a corner of a basketball machine causing a knot to be formed from the incident. My suggestion would be to cover all bare metal with some type of soft protective foam to prevent children from hurting themselves, or put age limits on certain areas of play.

I had my sons birthday there on 2/24/2017. Your employees and managers were not at all friendly. Host came by maybe 3 times. Food took 45 mins to an hour. Nobody was working the prize counter. Poor management and employee. Once I paid your host could wait to walk out for her break. For the price I paid for a birthday party and the way we were treated is poor customer service. Your ticket machines eat the tickets. Games with cards take more off than what it cost. It shouldn't take 10 mins for someone to come check your hand to leave... More training is needed at your Muskegon facility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?

My husband and I took my 2 year old granddaughter to Chuck E Cheese yesterday in Humble, TX. Needless to say she was very excited! The front service, food and game attendant were satisfactory. My complaint is about the mascot. This lady dressed as Chucky came out from a door to walk into the kitchen. All the kids saw Chucky and ran towards her. She just lazily strolled to the kitchen, not waving not hugging not even acknowledging the kids all around her! Well, I understand if it wasn't her "ON TIME" but when it did come to the show time where Schick E dances with the kids. She didn't show up or come out of the kitchen. When she finally came out. Again the kids wanted to hug and touch and love on Chuck E. Again she lazily strolled with not a care in the world and ignored the kids! This was very disheartening to see theses babies disappointed. THE MANAGEMENT WILL BE HEARING FROM ME TODAY IN PERSON.

My husband has been taking our granddaughters to this Muskegon Michigan Chuck E Cheese for years. They no longer give out tickets for the games. You are given a card. The games are no longer any fun. Granted the prizes were just cheap plastic worthless trash, but the kids enjoyed picking things out. They have taken that away from the children. Not worth the ridiculous price for barely edible pizza and overpriced games where the kids can't even pick out 20 prizes. Not returning ever.

I visited your location in Houston TX on North Freeway Northline. I order a large pizza, hot wings and 100 tokens. My total cost was 45.69. My kids aging from age 3 and 11. Every games the 3 year wanted to play had no tickets. The ride with Chuck the rat had no pictures to come after the ride was finish. The wings were boneless but they were fried super hard. The bad part I end up walking to counter to talk to someone about one the machine not having any tickets. My three year old son ends walking away from me. So that was acting super. Lost on what to do about so I notice my son gone so I'm running around looking for my baby. I ask the person who stamp your hand when you first come in can she help. She just stand there. So I finally found my son I wave at after 15 looking for him. And I left. I wasted my money and want a refund.

We had a very bad experience at the Chuck E Cheese's located in West Hills CA. To begin this place should be out of business. The entire place needs cleaning and should be inspected by the public health department. It smells like a sewer, athlete's foot, rotted eggs. All of the machines needs to be sanitize. Food not healthy. Workers very unfriendly. I personally will notify all of the school district about this business and will request that no one patronize Chuck English Cheese's. What a shame.

We have been to the Sherman TX location many times. We used to buy 20 dollars worth of tokens. We would be there for over 2 hours and play everything in the place at least twice and still have 15 or 20 tokens to spend and the ones that give lots of tickets. We would get 300 something or sometimes over 400. They have cards now. We weren't even there for an hour and had already spent 20 dollars on the card. I added an extra 5 dollars. We didn't even get to play most of the games twice. And we only got 160 tickets. It's a 50-minute drive and now it's not worth it.

I took a friend and her small child to Chuck E. Cheese Saturday and ordered pizza. Well the order was wrong so we told the manager Chris ** and he argued that it was made right. In front of everyone, I had to ask him to leave the table to keep him from making a scene. The child didn't play any games plus we spent money on something we didn't order. Wow! I’ll never go back. All this could have been avoided if he just replace the order! Very disrespectful! Not manager material at all!

I have had my kids' parties here for 4 years now. My son's 4th birthday party was the worst ever. I couldn't set up until my exact time. It took all my family and my sons friends parents to set up. What a waste of time. The host they assigned didn't help at all. Then there was a bad leak by the tables. Everyone socks was wet. My son's gifts was wet. This was the worst experience. I spent almost $500 for nothing. They brought pepperoni pizza when I asked for cheese. It was going to be 20 minutes if we waited. So there was families that had no pizza because the host was nowhere to be found and on her darn phone instead of helping. My son never got his 1000 ticket that was advertised and we never got the 100 extra tokens for booking on Sunday.

I have been in touch with the manager for almost a month now. It's "Sorry Ma'am. It's too late but we can still book your daughter birthday party." The manager is a flat out **. I have waited this whole time. I paid with my credit card. The lady ensured manager was going to call the following day to assist with a reduction on my price and almost a month later they say no. I will tell everyone about this.

On September 11th, I booked my daughter's 4th birthday party for October 1st. There was some problem with it as a pending transaction the next day but the deposit of $50 was withdrawn from our account so I assumed it was booked. I thought about last year's birthday party that I booked online. When we got there, my daughter's party wasn't on the list! That manager made it happen anyways. So, I went there Thursday night to verify the party was booked & to avoid another debacle. It wasn't booked! The manager told me they're booked up for Saturday & to book it for another day during the week. So, I could spend another $50 to book a party that's not guaranteed to happen & disappoint my daughter all over again!!! Not happening! I told him the deposit was already paid but he told me I'd have to call the birthday party hotline to get that money back. I'm still waiting for a call back from their automated system.:-/

The other issue is that COLLEGE STUDENTS are now booking during the week for their parties but the manager didn't know which night! I don't want my kid around that many "adults". That's why I used to feel like Chuck E Cheese's was a safe place. I'm FRUSTRATED, ANNOYED & SERIOUSLY P'D OFF! I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!!!

I've been to Chuck E Cheese many times in the past and have never had problems, even on the busiest of days. I took my two younger children today (7-29-16), and have never had so many problems with everything. 50% of the games we played had issues, our tickets got jammed in the ticket muncher, and they got rid of their salad bar during lunch time, which is the only thing I will eat there. On a positive note, the staff was friendly and helpful, but that was the last time I will go to Chuck E Cheese.

My 4 year old daughter and I visited the Chuck E Cheese location on Dowlen Road in Beaumont, Texas last night 5/24/16. We have been there before, once for a birthday party and a few times on our own. I have always been satisfied. The staff is nothing less of courteous and helpful. Once the ice cream vending machine took our money. I reported it to the lady at the counter, and she offered me a replacement ice cream. I explained that we had already put more money into the machine and received an ice cream, and she immediately gave me my lost money back.

My daughter and I usually share a salad and a mini pizza. The salad bar is always fresh, and in my opinion, the pizza is really good. We receive our food in a reasonable amount of time. Just one gripe: the chicken nuggets are disgusting. I definitely won't be ordering them ever again. We have never had any problems with the game room, and have always had fun. We have had no problems redeeming our tickets. It definitely is more crowded on the weekends, as you would expect. We normally go on weekday evenings for this reason.

Although I mostly have been happy with Chuck E Cheese and will definitely visit there again, I did have a problem a few weeks ago. Somehow my daughter and I were incorrectly stamped with different numbers as we come in the door. When it was time to leave, the staff would not let us out the door because of the different numbers. Finally they let us go when I showed them pictures of us together on my cell phone and my daughter stated that I am her mom and she lives with me.

Jack's frozen pizza is far better than yours. My 4 year old grandson even said he does not want to eat it! I don't know the receipt number or the order number but it was the buffet and as I remember the pizza recipe from Showbiz Pizza was FAR SUPERIOR.

I was a guest at a birthday party. I went to get a salad (as told by the host of the party, I could charge it to the account). 2 others in our party had already returned with full plates but I was rudely confronted by a young woman who made me feel as if I had done something wrong at the salad bar. She rudely asked with a raised voice if I had paid for my food and that I was not allowed to get anything since I didn't pay. I looked around and there were 2 other ladies at the salad bar with the same color plates (who happened to be **) and nothing was said to them as they filled their plates. As a matter of fact, nobody was confronted in my party except me, and I happen to be the only minority. I told her to charge it to the party.

As I headed for my seat, I was confronted AGAIN by another young lady who proceeded to grill me once again about my salad. I was with another lady in my party who had just filled her plate (same color plate as mine) and they said nothing to her and continued to rudely confront me about my salad. I find it very insulting and highly discriminatory that I was the only one confronted, moreover confronted in such a rude and demeaning manner.

I spoke to the manager and she informed me that this was not the first complaint they have had today, with the same employees. I was offered free salad and tokens and they assured me that the employees would be reprimanded. However, I did not take the complimentary items and would rather bring this to corporate attention instead. How many more people have to go through this before something is done? I would like to lodge a formal complaint in regards to discrimination.

When at Chuck E. Cheese's in Upper Marlboro, MD, we got our food, but not after the waiter smacked my 2 y.o. son when he ran around the restaurant. The food was a terror. It was served on dirty dishes. The arcade had 2 machines, and 1 was broken.

The management is a mess. It's always a two-hour wait to receive food. The customer service is terrible., I recommend a total change and restructuring. I used to come here as a kid 20 years ago and it was so much different. I bring my daughter here from time to time and it's like walking into Compton. I know times have changed but when my daughter can't look away for one second without someone trying to take her tickets or her coins, kids and adults, that's a bit sad. I will definitely be looking for a better place to take her. The owner obviously does not care about the business. Half the games are out of order all the time as well are the coin machines so you're forced to stand in line forever just to be treated with the total disrespect. I not recommended any to come here.

The food is very very good. I just think that it needs to be bigger. They have the smallest pizzas anyone could probably get anywhere, that aren't frozen of course.

Every year we have celebrated birthdays at Chuck E Cheese. We reserved small parties 4-5 kids with 2-3 adults. This month, my daughter turns 5 and was so excited to have her party at Chuck E Cheese. Well they DOUBLED the required minimum amount of kids required to book a party!! Why? She is not in pre-school, and does not have any little friends to invite yet. Extended family is out because we are military and live far away from family. Not everyone can meet the 8 child limit. She is going to be upset. No ticket blaster, none of the perks all the other kids will get. All because of corporate greed. Sure, they will let us show up with 4 kids as long as we pay for 8 (double).

My underage daughter booked a party with my credit card after I spoke to someone who assured me there would be no penalties if I needed to cancel up to the day before the party. I called the next morning to cancel (we had surprise party booked elsewhere we didn't want her to be suspicious of) and was told the $50 deposit was nonrefundable. I called back a couple times explaining the situation. They even listened to recording of me speaking with the person who didn't say anything to me about nonrefundable deposit, and said yes that wasn't mentioned but it was during checkout with my credit card. I practically begged as I could really use that money. I said I've spent a lot of money there over the years and couldn't they bend their rules for certain situations, and they wouldn't budge. It was big misunderstanding and they were so unaccommodating. I won't spend another penny there ever.

I took my grandsons to the store in Middletown, NY on 1-19-16. They had a great time. But when I went to cash out their coupons it was a different story. I waited on line for 15 minutes. A young girl came over and while laughing the whole time told me that I had to go to the other machine and exchange the coupons for a receipt. Still laughing I said to her "I do not think that this was funny." I went to the machines to exchange the coupons for receipt and only two out of four were working. I waited. Did the exchange. Went back to the desk to cash in for prizes and waited again for 10 more minutes.

With everyone walking by saying one minute, one minute and wait one minute, finally a young man came over and asked what we wanted for the coupons. My grandsons told them what they wanted. The young man got their prizes and threw them on the counter. Did not place them on the counter but threw them. If my grandsons didn't want their prizes so bad I would have left. The staff is very rude and not accommodating. I will never take my grandsons there again.

Myself, my son and my nephews went to Chuck E. Cheese on Dec. 21 in the evening. Upon sitting at the table, I noticed an advertisement for beer which is apparently being sold at the Rapid City SD franchise. I questioned the manager about this and he stated that they indeed, do sell beer at this site. I immediately informed him that I felt that it was totally inappropriate to sell beer at a children's arcade. He tried to tell me that they only allowed people to consume 2 beers while there.

I do not know how this could possibly be enforced since no one even checked us or stamped out hands when we went in and most of the employees were in the back, totally unconcerned about what was going on in the arcade. I do not, for the life of me, understand why a children's arcade would sell beer and advertise it clearly at the tables where children can see it. Needless to say, I will not be returning and and I will be contacting the liquor control board to check on the legality of the situation.

Incident date: 12/11/2015. Time of incident: 9:15 pm. This evening my children and I attended a birthday party of a friend of ours. As my 6 year old daughter was playing, a Security Officer grabbed my daughter by her arm very hard and twisted her arm. I asked him the security officer why did he hurt my child. He refused to talk to me. I asked for his name. He refused to give me his name. I immediately went to customer service and demanded to speak with the Manager. The Manager Mr ** stated to me to fill out a complaint form. At no point did the Manager reprimand the security officer or ask him to leave the premises. This is totally unacceptable. The security officer treated my 6 year old daughter as if she was an adult. I am disgusted.

The security officer is described as a: White Male, With glasses, about 55 years. He was wearing all black, with an ID Card around his neck, a subcontractor's name ASSIS. Please have the Director or someone that can help with this. That security DOES NOT NEED TO WORK AROUND CHILDREN!!! It is clear that he is not trained to work with this children. Chuck E. Cheese is not a club! It's a loving place for children to play. I will never or will I ever come to this location again! If this issue is not resolved I will pursue legal action.

You figure a entertainment food chain that has been in business for years would want to listen to its consumers and fix issues. Well I find Chuck E Cheese isn't one of them. Party platters were so small and discrete not like as advertised at all. Floors were dirty trash, barrels full, games broken, salad bar disgustingly dirty and refills sat out on cart unnoticed and at room temperature for 2 hrs you could see in through food window to kitchen area and it was such a mess - food all over, floors did not look sanitary. There were dead bugs in the tunnels and liquid dripping out of them onto the little ride in fire engine and the kids area - 3 machines were broken.

Not what I expected from a children's entertainment chain as far as I'm concerned not worth the money. I saw stressed out and lack of employees that would just stare at their phones instead of taking care of place. I understand it's a lot of work keeping up with mess and games and kids but that's what the business is so you need to hire more people or more competent people to manage locations and compensate them accurately to make them want to do what they need to do to make it a better. Peabody MA

My 8 y/o daughter had her B-day party tonight. The experience was awful. The tables are too close to one another. Table next to us had 40 people crammed at one table and they took our table over! Kids were into her gifts and hands into her cake/food. STOP booking so many parties at once! Spread things out. It is MAD EXPENSIVE TO HAVE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW INTO YOUR PARTY! NEVER AGAIN.

Several things: (1) The game price is no longer just 1 token, (2) fewer tickets seemed to be given out per game, (3) too many games kept breaking, (4) I ordered the wings... HUGE mistake!! They were mostly fat and small enough to have come from a Cornish game hen. I had maybe an 1/8 cup of meat and 1 cup of meat. I mean seriously, if you are having trouble making money, try serving food the PARENTS want to eat.

This place is just plain filthy. Rugs are sticky and grimy. Drink dispenser, tables and condiments shakers are filthy. The food did not taste good, one bite and I had to throw it away for fear of getting sick. Garbage bins were full and flies were hovering around it. Then to top things off the children were waiting for Chucky to show up and was told he'll be in at 6pm, that was at 2pm! The bathrooms are filthy and smelled like urine. I will never take my grandchildren there again. I just don't understand how a place that caters to children be so mismanaged.

We had an awesome time and it was a lot less money than main event for much more fun. And Joseph at the gift shop had games for the kids to play and just made it a terrific experience and fun for the kids. Thanks! :)

Chuck E Cheese Company Profile