2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.1/5 (135 ratings)

About Chuck E Cheese

Chuck E Cheese Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Chuck E. Cheese is not a good restaurant to eat at compared to other restaurants. To begin with, the employees are rude. This is so because many people complained about the employees to the manager. They always get bad reviews about the employees' attitude. Another reason is that they don't really keep it clean. Every time you go it's always a mess on the seats. So many people posted about the mess and told the manager about it. Critics may say it’s a fun place for kids; however, so many websites are saying that Chuck E. Cheese is a bad experience for kids.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Me, my boyfriend, my friend and my little sister came for a couple hours and ordered a pizza. They said 20 minutes and it was 30 before we got it. When we got it it was freezing cold, didn’t even cook it. So we gave it back, they wanted a new one then we waited a hour and all the employees refused to give us a new one. Until we talk to the manager and he got us a new one. Also everyone was so nasty.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2021

On 5/28/2021, I was the 1st person in line to order food/drinks. Several customers behind me was a daycare. I ordered my food appropriately 10 minutes before they did. After waiting over an hour for our food, I noticed the daycare was eating. I went to the counter to inquire about the length of time and was told “it’s in the oven”. I asked why the food wasn’t served in order of placement and was told “it is”. There’s no reason to lie. I know for a fact the day are didn’t order their food ahead of their arrival, as I had to return to the register to request more straws and they were ordering at that time. My family is very patient, but will not tolerate lying. Will be a very long time before we return, if ever.

Original review: March 8, 2020

I had purchased a party (Mega Star) for my great-granddaughter with no intent to attend. I live in Florida and the party was set for the Whitehall, PA site. I reserved online and provided my credit card information which was promptly debited for the $50 deposit. After the party, at 9pm ET, I got a call from someone named Barry who told me I was required to come in and pay the balance in person within the next 45 minutes or he will report me to the Whitehall police. I explained that I had provided my credit card, and that I lived in Florida, not PA. He responded by saying that I would then need to have someone else come in and pay the bill. I contacted my son who was then almost home, 90 minutes from Whitehall. He said he was surprised that no one mentioned it to him while he was there, and that it was humanly impossible for him to be back within 45 minutes.

He did drive back the next day and pay the bill, but my takeaway is that (1) it was not clear that this requirement existed and it completely caught me off guard, (2) I'm confused on why my credit card could not be charged for the balance (my expectation) since it had already been charged for the deposit, and (3) I can't ever think of a time I was treated worse (Barry was incredibly nasty and rude- treatment that was completely unwarranted). Bottom line is I will never again deal with this establishment and will discourage others from booking or attending events there as well.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Your family is not safe here! "Not all cameras work" in event of emergency. Wayne general manager is the worst employee I have ever met and here is why!!.. My Mother (59) and I (29) were victims of an aggravated assault and battery case inside the Chuck E Cheese location of La Mirada, CA Store #0447 October 6th, 2019. My Mother an active disabled citizen, was surprised punched directly to the temple over a dispute of ticket winnings with my son 6 and a ** male (32) present during the dispute. My mother then fell to the floor and the ** female (28) that hit my mom then continued to punch my mother over and over while she was screaming stop and help for several moments. My Son (6) ran to the opposite side of the Chuck E. Cheese's and was crying saying Grandma was being attacked by somebody while I was eating salad with my daughter (9.)

I then went to go see what was going on and I noticed my mother being yelled at very loudly by an employee who I find out is actually the General Manager who was a witness to the entire event. The General Manager would not pay me any attention or explain why he was yelling at my mother telling her to "get the ** out of my store" pointing to the door, my mother again was attacked by the female while her boyfriend started punching and ripping my shirt off. My mother was knocked down punched and kicked approx. 3-4 times and myself 2-3 times during my attempt to defend my family. Wayne (GM) then continued to cuss at me and my family with 1 other employee and made us leave the location and never once contacted an ambulance or police for the emergency situation.

My mother had to be hospitalized for several days due to dizziness constant headaches memory loss and ringing in the ears. Detective of the Norwalk Sheriff’s Department sent a letter to the corporate office to request the video surveillance from the specific area of the incident. The video they sent was only from 1 camera and they said, "This is all we have. Nothing else." The recording they provided does not show the assault and there are a total of 13 cameras in this location. An employee confirmed with me on the phone several weeks later that all cameras are active and work for safety of the guest.

My family's desired resolution is for the Chuck E Cheese Corporate office to give us valid non tampered video footage of the specific location of the Chuck E Cheese as to where the assault took place so we can give it to the detective in charge of our case so he can provide it to the District Attorney as clear evidence that my family were victims to an aggravated assault and battery case so we can press charges.

In the end we thought Chuck E Cheese was a safe place for families to visit, but the General Manager did not display that it is a safe place for kids, teens, or adults. Chuck E. Cheese’s corporate office does not want to jointly work together with our detective and continues to decline that they have any other camera angels of the assault, in which I find highly discourteous, repulsive, and is beyond belief that they would allow this to happen and not assist in catching the people responsible for the assault on my family and I. PLEASE SOMEBODY/ANYBODY HELP MY FAMILY AND MYSELF!!!! @ **.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

My grandsons birthday everything was going great until we go to the counter where they cash in tickets. Now my granddaughter only have 103 in tickets. The little worker says, "You can only get with what's in the case in front of you." My granddaughter insist she wants a toy for 1500 points. I tell her, "That's fine. I'll pay for 2 of them." She continues to tell me, "But ma'am they are expensive." Well 1st off I didnt ask the price. By the way they're only 15 dollars each.

Next I get to the door ma'am my grandchildren came in with my daughter. She is gone. I dont have a stamp on my hand. She stated she couldn't let them leave with you. "Your daughter will have to return ma'am" These or mines they are leaving with me. She grabs my granddaughter. 1st REAL MISTAKE TOUCHING MY BABY. I grabbed her back and told them, "Let's go." She says, "I need your ID." What will my ID prove. But they should never ever grab on any ones child or tell a person they dont want it because they're expensive.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Back in the good ole days, you played with tokens that cost a quarter a piece. Now you spend close to the same amount as going to ThunderZone or the Funhouse, which have way more games and fun things to do. Going and spending $20 for an hour is a waste when it’s so many more things families can do together than worrying about rushing and going broke. The zoo is even cheaper and I prefer to see real animals while I’m walking and talking with family and getting exercise, rather than having a heart attack or stroke because I’m so stressed on what it costs to have a fun time out at Chuck E. Cheese’s.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Grand daughter's 6th birthday. They gave us a table set with paper cups. A 2 year old child dropped an empty cup on the dirty floor and I took another from empty table behind us filled it with drink for her. An employee approached us and stated that the manager saw what I had done with the cup and said we needed to come to the counter and pay an additional $2.69 for the additional cup! (Apparently they monitor with cameras all of your actions) I paid the "fine" for the cup but will Never book or attend any future function at a Chuck E Cheese. The party was for 14 people and cost almost $160.00 dollars for the cheap pizza and a birthday cake. We had planned another 2 grandchildren's parties in November and December, but will now make other arrangements at a better venue. They got their $2.69 but will lose the profits in the future. Don't reward bad service by going here, customers deserve better.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

It was the first time our family went to Chuck E Cheese. We went with my 3 yr old grandson. It was really a fun time until my grandson had to go to the bathroom. The bathroom was not kid-friendly at all. The counter tops are too high which makes it impossible for the child to turn on the water or to even reach the water. At the same time that we were in the bathroom there was a young girl about 6 yrs old and she could not reach the handles to turn the water on to wash her hands after using the bathroom. I did help her but for being such a kids place I was very disappointed that the bathroom was not kid friendly at all!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

It used to be that I could fill a card with play points for $30 and my son and I could casually play for hours, and have tons of fun, sometimes leaving with points left on the card. Now we play frantically for 1 hour not wanting to waste any "time" to enjoy the moment for $20 and the card expires. As my son says "What a jip!"

Chuck E Cheese Company Information