1.54/5

281 Denny's Restaurants Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Sat at a dirty table. Looked around kitchen. Greasy on stainless steel. Ceiling tiles in dining room near kitchen were brown. Pass thru window wall greasy near monitor. Carpet was black and matted down. Should be brown. Waitress finally showed up. Cleaned table. Took my order. Long time goes by no food. She forgot to put order in. Ordered spicy skillet. Menu says 2 chicken breast. Only 1 on it. When meal came out food was good. Go to cashier to pay. She has no change. More waiting. Only one side of kitchen in use. It has many people waiting to pay. Lobby is full. This was at Denny's on Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville, Fl on Saturday Sept 1 2018 at 1100 am.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered a bacon, cheese and spinach omelette and was told they don't allow you to build your own omelette. When I attempted to leave I was told they would make my omelette as requested. I received an egg with spinach a piece of bacon on top with a few sprinkles of onions. The waiter told three other employees about me and they stood in the hallway just starring and whispering. The fork wrapped in the napkin was dirty. I Will never go to another Denny's because they truly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Waited 10 mins to be seated, no one around. Once seated and ordered ahead of three other people. We waited 40 mins for our food, a grand slam breakfast meal, while they all received a dinner meal which should have taken longer to cook and received theirs before we received ours. The food was not HOT, sausage could have been cooked longer as well as the hash browns, I ordered over easy eggs, but yolk had been broken and slightly well done. Never going back.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We sat down and three other groups were seated after us but ordered before us! We sat and waited and finally got someone’s attention. His response was “wait a minute”. Then we ordered build your own slam. We both ordered the same things. There was a picture of the options. We ordered the two pancakes, hash browns, two eggs over medium, and the two biscuits as shown on website build your own slam. We got two of everything except one biscuit even though the choices pictured showed two. Waiter said only one. I asked for the manager and he said it was a side order that had two.

However it was under the choices shown for build your own! Manager was rude and said it’s a side you pay $.89 for another. I said pancakes show 2, and we got 2. Eggs showed 2 and we got 2. Hash browns showed 1 and we got 1, biscuits showed two and we got one. Manager was rude. He was argumentative. I was trying to tell him that I owned a business, worked with the public and I was taught the customer is always right. He walked away when I was telling him my training working with the public. He argued over $.89. And refused to take off the 2-$.89 charges for two biscuits and then he said I’ll get your biscuits. When check came to me he charged me $.89 twice.

I told him it was incorrect and so I gave him the biscuits on the table. He was still very rude but went and deducted the 2- $.89 charges. He had a chip on his shoulder from the start. If I owned this Denny’s I certainly would NOT have a man who is rude, disrespectful, and determined that the information on the website was not correct to represent my restaurant and give the first impression of the store! It was at Denny’s in Katy, Texas and Katy Mills Mall. It was about 10:30. Friday June 22, 2018. He was a short Hispanic man. Poor management to say the least! I will never return to Denny’s ever again!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

We have generally enjoyed a good experience at the Albuquerque area Denny's however our recent visit to the Edgewood store was below par. Although the food was OK, the floor was not well swept and most of the staff seemed more interested in chatting among themselves instead of giving customers top attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: June 11, 2018

Today we visited Denny’s store 9284. OMG. It was so hot in there. It was miserable. I spoke to manager. She stated air has been out for 2 months. This makes no sense. Customer & employees are uncomfortable. I really don’t think corporate cares about anything but making money. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this really messes with the morale of employees. They are hot and irritated. Come on. Really!!! I was told employees and customers have been complaining for the past 2 months and nothing has been done.

I placed a call to corporate to speak with someone. The person that handles complaints was out to lunch. Her name is Gabby. I provided receptionist my name and call back number. If I don’t receive a call before end of day I will be calling back until this is taken care of... If you usually visit the Denny’s in Murphy, Texas please take the time to stand up for the employees and help get the air fixed... If you would like to call number is **... Thank you.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I think Mrs. Tammy ** should be the manager of the Denny's at Stockbridge, Georgia, 30281. She is fast, alert and has years of experience. Currently management is ineffective service is slow. The problem is LEADERSHIP. She has the supervisory skills and maturity.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Today at 3 o'clock ind. time 11 people total customers it took 41 min. to get our food after we had order. I can't imagine how long it would have been if it would have been busy. 2 waitress 1 cook. I asked because I was a little upset. There were several employees over in the corner but they were too busy with the boss. What a way to run a business. Won't be back.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The price of their food, run-of-the-mill food, has skyrocketed! I just wanted a hamburger. One burger that is not cooked to order, being that they do not ask how you want the meat cooked, was just under 11.00 dollars. I tried to get a "new" featured burger, which in the picture on the menu showed bacon cheddar tots. Well, the joke's on you should you order it as the picture depicts. It is an upcharge for these 6 tiny bacon cheddar tots. Even more irksome, was when the order was placed, the server did not care to let me know about such an upcharge. I requested that the burger not have caramelized onions, tomatoes, or pickles, but suffice it to say, this did not decrease the cost of the burger.

The server and the cook did do the order as requested, however I ate the entirety of the meal, but was not asked whether or not I was enjoying it while eating it. I received the receipt, then found the aforementioned upcharge on the meal. I said this wasn't right and felt as though such dishonesty is the same as stealing. The server shrugged and apologized. This did not mitigate the price listed on the bill. After taxes, it was over 12.00 U.S dollars. I decided to decline leaving a tip. This is very atypical for me, however, with the rumored raises serving staff has gotten, not by my choice, I no longer feel it prudent to add to it with a tip. Particularly after this kind of service was given. If a large company like this chose to grant such raises, should the consumer be picking up the tab with overpriced menu items? This of course is a rhetorical question.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My family have always went Denny's on payday. We never had a lot of problem with this restaurants. But we had one waiter take our drink but we didn't get them until about twenty mins until a another waiter walked in and then we got our drink. The second waiter took our orders since the first one (Brittany) didn't give our drinks or even take our order. And then once we got our food my daughter had to eat with her hands bc there was no forks or nothing giving to us. And we had to asked the waiter in the pink shirt two times to bring us some... But the good news the food was great. But next I just going to see if Amber or Hannah I think the second girl name is at works. Becasue our family wouldn't of been treating like this at all. But anyway food was awesome but need to work our y'all waiters' skills. Thanks.

Original review: March 25, 2018

This is the 2nd time ordering from the Atlantic Blvd branch in Southside Jacksonville Florida & it's never complete. Other day salad while I paid for it & just now drinks while I paid for it too!!! I guess they need quality assurance person to look after them...

Original review: March 22, 2018

Don't ever go to the Denny's on Zaragoza in the Plaza de Flores. We usually go there once a week and have tremendous service, but this time we went to really horrible service from the waiter and the manager. The waiter never refilled our drinks until we had to ask him, he kept telling us that we couldn't do certain things to our order because he wasn't allowed, and he overcharged us on drinks. We go to check out and the manager tells us that we don't qualify for the kids eat free that are from 4 to 10 when I tried to explain it to her that we order the same thing weekly and never had this problem. Her response was, "It isn't my fault that the other managers don't do their job right." Support and educate your customers about changes and policy because it isn't their fault that not everyone is on the same page.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Ordered from breakfast menu on a Friday night. Picked it up 15 minutes later and was suddenly not hungry anymore. The food was drenched in grease and way undercooked. I ordered the Moons Over My Hammy and the ham wasn’t even ham, it was some kind of nasty lunch meat. It was ice cold and very much a waste of $. I will never go to Denny’s ever again, ever. The toast wasn’t even toasted, it was just soggy bread. Gross! Glad I wasn’t really hungry, I’d probably be throwing up if I ate more than 1 night.

Resolution response: March 10, 2018

The Denny's restaurant directed us to the online grievance number 8007336697, open between 8 AM to 5 PM EST. The call on 3/7/2018 was resolved by representative Karen, within minutes and received the gift card for the amount in question on 3/10/2018. Great customer service.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Only the Free Pancake (T-Mobile Tuesday Free Dulce De Leche Crunch Pancakes) is enticing, but the way in which it is dispersed is murky. Out of 6 times I claimed, three times I have been charged $7.32. It is because the person who is tempted by this offer has to compulsorily give the credit card number. The entering of the promo code is also tricky. Even though you read your bill as zero dollars, you are not sure, it will be honored. I have regularly gone to Denny's and used the paid services at several occasions. But this type squeezing money out of deal is not ethical in any way. I am now hesitant to claim the one in this week. I have even contested the billing on FEB 25th 2018 at Buena Park Orange Thorpe/Beach Blvd and yet to receive a reply. The other two which are billed to my card were on 2/11/2018 for two of my claims. One from my phone and one from my spouse's phone. I am planning to take this to BBB if needed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Denny’s Hegenberger in Oakland - Worst service ever. We had to wait for one hour after we ordered our food. I think that's too long specially on Thursday morning. After one hour we just left. These people have the worst customer service not even once they check on our table or told us they were short staff.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Ordered the new dulce de leche crunch pancakes that normally costs $6.79. As you can see from the photo, the pancakes look NOTHING like the picture shows in their menu or on website. No whipped topping, cinnamon clearly on in the center of the pancakes and the rest is plain. Total joke. The restaurant should be ashamed to be so deceiving. I've always disliked Denny's and never eat there and this experience definitely seals that. Thankfully T-Mobile paid for this. Very disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

This was the worst experience my family has had. We shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes to be greeted and get just our drinks. It took our waitress 30 minutes just to ask what we were going to eat, then another 45 minutes to actually receive our food, which was cold. We will be thinking twice about returning.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

2 orders of "Zesty Nachos" (one with extra Pepper Jack Cheese and Jalapenos), 2 Sodas, 1 Side of French Fries. 50 min. to table at 7:30 pm. Arrived COLD, TASTELESS and EXPENSIVE... $37.37!! SERVICE was EXTREMELY POOR, QUALITY of MEAL was EVEN WORSE. Complained when paying and got TOTALLY BLOWN OFF... NOT EVEN a "Goodbye" or a "SORRY"!! Went to "WinCo" Foods grocery store to Get REAL FOOD for DINNER as THIS MEAL WAS INEDIBLE!!!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

On 1-14 I went to breakfast at Denny's Rowland Heights CA. I had 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 2 pancakes, and coffee... I added a small root beer = $15.26. The breakfast looked like something you'd throw in the garbage, not eat! The eggs and the pancakes were okay, everything else was awful! The coffee wasn't even hot = $2.50 for a cup of coffee! They wouldn't even give me a Senior Discount, I'm a veteran, AAA, and AARP!!! To add insult to injury, the waitress spent more time examining my 20 dollar bill to see if it was a phony than she did waiting on me!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered Sirloin steak with mash potatoes and gravy and broccoli. The broccoli was cold and the steak had no flavor. The waitress made me suspicious of my food, because she looked at me with a sneaky look while she put my order together. I almost changed my mind. I did not feel welcome at this Denny's, because she greeted me like I wasn't welcome to come back. Very unpleasant experience. This Denny's was at 7100 North I 35 Austin Texas 78752. Went there on 1/19/2018 at 6:29 pm.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Visited the Denny's on Paul Huff Parkway in Cleveland, TN. Not the best service and the eggs ordered by my husband were overcooked. The eggs were returned to the kitchen and the cook put the same eggs on another plate and sent the eggs to our table. The eggs were again returned and the manager then showed up and cooked the eggs. He finally accepted the eggs even though he had almost finished the rest of his food. I had the turkey club with fries. The sandwich was falling apart and the tomatoes were not ripe, the lettuce was not the top of the leaf, but the bottom which is extremely thick. The women's restroom was filthy on top of everything else. I'm pretty sure we'll never go back there again!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Talk about not happy. The service was horrible. Why do I have to wait 20 mins to get something to drink and then another 35 for my order which was wrong then they want to have an attitude, really what kind of treatment is that? As a customer we put money in your pockets and some something so simple you guys have to ruin it. Thanks for nothing Denny's. Really not happy at all.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Many years a customer & satisfied w/ menus & food quality & overall pricing. Very consistent throughout all Denny’s we’ve been at regardless of the time of day or night. Lately we’ve noticed the trash cans seem to be always full, in the bathrooms as well as outside. Handprints & smudges all over the glass doors. The parking lot has trash on the grounds & parking spaces. It seems cleanliness has taken the backseat.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We walked into the Denny's 75S exit 149 at 1:10 and there were very few people there. We waited 20 minutes for anyone to get drink orders. After we ordered we waited and waited and waited. After an hour and 15 minutes we left. People in the back and kitchen were not working! Stay away!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently suggested that Lisa **, server at Denny's #8028 get a new job. After receiving our meal, I informed her the loaded potato soup was "COLD". She took the soup "to warm it". She totally forgot like she totally forgot we're even there. I had to go get her to place the order. She never came back with the soup. One side was packed with AS and Latina and the other "uncleaned" side had an Asian couple hiding smugly. That side appeared to be unclean for one reason and one reason only: to seat anyone from wanting to sit there without showing racism. Well, the real racist came out, took the soup and offers no real explanation for why she never came back except SHE forgot! She would have charged us for the soup had I not told her not to. #aarp #senior61 #nevergoingback #aslongasLisasthere

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Apparently, a meeting and gathering place. One of them, I guess, is the manager. Always the sign of fine dining: the help (and in this case, the management) smoking where the guests can see them. Expect to be ignored when sitting at the counter. Service is not only slow, you’ll be lucky if they even acknowledge your existence. Trash on the floor, dirty dishes on the tables: God, what a **. Eat here at your own risk. Better you than me.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Well I went to a Denny's in Jacksonville Florida. Today on my birthday. Needless to say the food I ordered was cold and not cooked well. I ordered 2 pancakes, 2 sausage links, 2 bacon strips and hashbrowns. Hashbrowns was plain. No taste. Sausages was cold. Bacon was pitiful whole piece and half a piece. And pancakes were ok. Never again Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville Florida 10:20 am. Never again. Manager total **.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and I ate at a Denny's @ Strasburg, Va. He ordered a steak, I ordered a sizzling plate. My husband’s steak was served RAW setting in blood, my meal was missing half of the ingredients that came in the meal. We sent our food back. The 2nd time our food was served they had thrown 4 pieces of broccoli on top of my plate (that was one of the ingredients missing from plate) and my husband’s steak was still a raw bloody mess, still sitting in blood. He sent it back a third time thinking we would get a new steak instead yet a 3rd time same steak burned on one end and raw on the other end STILL ON A BLOODY plate! We got up and on our way out informed the manager on duty that we would never, ever eat there again. We will never eat in a Denny's restaurants again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

OMG let’s celebrate Veterans Day a couple of Days before the REAL DAY. How illogical Denny's is. Past we went on Veterans Day to get our Breakfast. But today (Veterans Day) they gave it out yesterday. Sneaky ** I think. Must be some College Grad who hates Veterans... Stupid. We used to like Denny's... NOT ANYMORE...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My wife and I went to Denny’s in Great Falls MT near airport. We noticed it was busy and expected a wait of 20 minutes or so. After 10 minutes went by, no one was up front and noticed the manager looked our direction several times. 10 more minutes went by and the manager finally sorted out the waiting to pay and seating for new customers. That wasn't too bad. We were seated and order taken by Adelle. I asked for coffee, black and 2 waters. She brought them out promptly. The coffee cup came out sticky all over the handle and appeared as coffee had been spilled down the entire front face. Using some water and a napkin, the coffee cleaned off easily.

My order was supposed to be a country fried steak and eggs, no hash browns with 1 biscuit, gravy and wheat toast. My order showed up with the steak knife having one quarter of the handle coated with a pink gooey substance. I wiped it off with my napkin, but was like wiping off thick syrup. The biscuit was a half cooked very doughy consistency. I noted upon paying that the wait staff gets the utensils such as steak knives from a container of other steak knives. Judge for yourself the level of very poor pride in management, wait staff and cutting too many corners that can easily cause health risks to the public. To add to this, all the comments from waiting customers about they should walk out without paying for having to wait forever to pay.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information