3.30/5

301 Denny's Restaurants Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

Yesterday at night came to restaurant at truck stop. Ordered salad with Atlantic salmon. When I got my order, it was experience had never before. 1/4 of salad was spoiled black color. Just couple pieces of cheese and 1/3 piece of fish from what I usually had in other stores. It was truck stop in WV. Such a disrespect to your heir customers.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I originally placed an order online. For unknown reason, I received an email that the order was cancelled. I called and was not given an understanding why it was cancelled, but that I should go back online & reorder. So, I asked if I could reorder while on the phone. She told me she could not accept order for delivery over the phone. So, we hung up.

I called back to place an order for pick up instead of delivery. At the end of ordering, I offered to pay while on phone, this second representative explained she cannot accept payment on phone, must pay when picked up. My pick up person didn’t have the funds on their person & was too far from me to come get my card then go pick up meals. So, I decided to call back to cancel the order.

On this third & final call, I politely told the gentleman that answered the call that I am cancelling my order. He responded in an aggressive, rude, unprofessional manner. He said: “It’s too late to cancel, it’s already placed, I heard my employee tell you that you have to pay when you pick up. You agreed to pay.” I tried to explain to him the situation that my nephew was already near the Restaurant, but did not have the money, and I was in a town not too close. However, the representative continued to insist, telling me that I should tell my nephew to come to me & get my card. I asked him why is he arguing with me, when I thought I was being considerate enough to call and let Denny’s know I was not going to pick up the order.... He ended the conversation by saying: ”That’s why you can not help people.” He then hung up on me.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Sunday July 7 we stopped at this Denny's for breakfast. it was obvious from the number of dirty tables there wasn't enough help. Shortly after being seated the waitress brought food to the table across from us. The customer complained that the eggs were not cooked the way she requested. This was her second attempt to get well done eggs. The waitress took the eggs back to the kitchen and spoke to the cook.

Unfortunately the entire conversation/argument was heard by everyone in the restaurant. The customer was so embarrassed by the loud argument they walked out. I am not sure if the cook walked out but no food came out of the kitchen for the next 1/2 hour and arriving customers were told the would be a 30 to 45 wait delay even though the restaurant was 1/2 empty. Our food finally arrived cold and terrible. I ordered your signature vanilla creme crepes. there was no vanilla creme only cold strawberry juice poured over the crepes. My girlfriend's egg breakfast was not done as ordered. Denny's is off our list for future business. John.

Original review: May 20, 2019

What happened to Denny's customer service? My father and I went to the Murphy, Texas location on 05.19.19, around 11:45 a.m., and we were told we would have to wait 45 minutes, and we waited longer while other people that came in after us were being seated. Then my father spoke and found out that his name was never written down, yet the woman stated she did not know why his name was crossed out by her manager, and then proceeded to help others. When I saw the woman, I stated I want a reason why my father's name was not written in the book, and she stated the same thing she told my father and started helping other people. We left. I did tell her tactfully she was being rude, and we are going to Starwood Cafe in Murphy.

My father and I were not pleased by the lack of customer service...the last time he was there the manager had placed his military I.D. and waved it by the security cameras, while we all looked; I was appalled. She stated there has been robberies, and she needs to make sure the cards she receives are valid. This is first I have ever witnessed a display of poor customer service especially to a veteran.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was foolish enough to think Denny's had changed. Never again! After waiting 2 hours for food, we got what was supposed to be bacon and completely inedible. We were also graced with a greasy and disgustingly steak, soggy cold fries and cold grease filled nasty onion rings. There was not one edible thing in the order. It would have been better to just get breakfast at McDonald's. It would have been edible, cost less and wouldn't have taken 2 hours. Never again, Denny's!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: May 18, 2019

I ordered a Cesar salad. When I got it the lettuce was yellowish brown and was not crunchy. I ate the avocado and the few chicken pieces and left all the salad in the plate. I told the waitress I didn't eat it cause it was soggy. She offered a new one but I lost interest in eating. My son ordered strawberry pancake puppies and they were burnt. I was still charged for the salad and the hushpuppies and saw no discount.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The manager of the Denny's at 161 Telegraph Rd. Bellingham, WA 98226 is very obnoxious. My entire family lives in the Minneapolis, MN area and so only Peggy and I could celebrate my birthday. My family sent us a birthday gift card to Denny's--knowing that I am a regular customer of the Bellingham Denny's. Unfortunately, this "manager-from-hell" ruined our birthday celebration. The servers know me and my regular or standard "build-your-own slam order--2 eggs, red potatoes, and 2 orders of mash potatoes with brown gravy." The server took my order--as usual.

Unfortunately, she came back to apologetically state that the manager reprimanded her for allowing me to choose mash potatoes. The server told us that the manager ordered her not to allow mash potatoes as a choice. Instead, the manager ordered her to charge me extra for the non-standard order of mash potatoes (additional $1.29 each). The server acknowledged that this manager is a bully to the servers. Then when we went to pay with our gift card and with our AARP card. The server again returned to apologetically say that the manager determined that this AARP card was not legitimate. The manager claimed that a "real" AARP card is different than the AARP card we submitted. The manager insisted that a legitimate card has a barcode on it for scanning. The manager told the server that our AARP card was a "teaser" card that is mailed out to potential members.

The manager said that all credit card companies sent out teaser cards hoping that the recipients will then choose to apply for a 'real' card. Now I am turning 75 years old on 11 May and Peggy and I have been using our AARP cards since each of us turned 50 years old. We were insulted by the manager believing that we were defrauding Denny's by using a "fake" AARP card. Now instead of thanking my family for their kindness in providing a Denny's gift card--we now have to inform them our our terrible birthday experience at Denny's. My family will all be boycotting Denny's in the future. Why do you have a manager who bullies the servers and insults the customers?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Recently Denny’s has been advertising that they have crepes so I decided to try them even though I make delicious crepes at home and have had them many times in French restaurants. The only resemblance between what they brought me and crepes is the fact that they both are round and thin. I think they used pancake batter and spread it extremely thin to make a very crispy slightly burned attempt at making a crepe then put something resembling very sweet whipped cream which had melted down and smeared on it. It was very sweet and crispy like potato chips. They did not charge me for it, but I would much rather they had served me real crepes and charged whatever price they wanted. When I was paying my check I noticed a picture of a crepe stuffed with strawberries on a sign so I told my waitress to go get the chef and show him how a crepe is supposed to look. He obviously has never seen or eaten a crepe in his life.

The service was excellent. The manager came over to help the waitress find a suitable seat for me because I am on an electric mobility large scooter. The waitress was perfect. She was very attentive and polite and efficient. She never asked me if I wanted to have the crepe removed from my bill so I was surprised when it did not appear on the bill. I was glad not to have to pay for such a disappointment but that wasn’t why I complained about it. I just want them to learn how to make good crepes because I live about 2 minutes by scooter from their Denny’s and would go there often for good crepes. The coffee was fine. This Denny’s was on Plaza Drive in Hopewell, VA 23860, in the Food Lion Shopping Center parking lot, and the sign indicated it was an individual franchised store. Janet **.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The restaurant was clean. I’ve been there when it has been a wreck. The manager was actually out there helping the servers cleaning tables, wiping them down. They were all happy and when I go in there sometimes it seems like everyone is miserable but I really enjoyed myself today and the food was great. It took a while but everybody was happy and it made me happy. Thank you Denny's staff. It was in the afternoon on the 16th.

Original review: April 5, 2019

It's a shame that Denny's Restaurant has these type of people working for them. I've had very bad experiences. First of they serve your food and if you need anything while you're eating good luck. If you call them they come to your table and you can see on their faces how unhappy they are to serve you. It seems they take for granted being employed and keeping customers satisfied is the best thing for a business.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This Denny's in Irving Texas across from Westin is horrible!!! The waitress we had was very rude. When my friend asked her to get some quarters for the toy machine she said NO!!! The food was just horrible. Our waitress wasn't paying attention so I asked another server to help us and she was more than happy to, but our server saw what was going on and got mad. This place needs to just close the doors!!!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Because of Uber and outside orders we had to wait at least 45 minutes for our food. Our waitress was great and she took our order within a few minutes of arrival. This is not fair to us or the waitresses. The food was great but we will not go back again except early morning. Denny's is going to lose waitresses and customers. It is sad because we have always had good food. They need to hire more cooks during busy times and one waitress whose only job is outside orders.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I went to Denny's at 4400 north central expressway in Dallas TX 75206. My food was bad. I had ants in my syrup but no up there said that nothing they can do about it. The boss told me to go the doctor and now I got a bill and no one want to pay it and now I am stuck. I am piss off.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I went and ate at 5603 E Hillsborough Ave in Tampa, FL. Mildew board around both windows. Ask for to go utensils. They were out. They brought me dirty spoon and forks. Floor of business is dirty and nasty. To top it off I got to go cups of water. I starting drinking them and decided to look and the cup omg it was mildew from the bottom of cup to the top with brown stuff floating in the cup. Me, my baby and husband was drink nasty mildew water. The manager didn't care and offers me another cup. This is a nasty dirty restaurant that need to be closed down. I called the health inspector and all.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The manager took my order and told me how his country was better than American. I told if, "What are you doing here if it's better in the Middle East?" The order was screwed up and cost double what was advertise.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We ordered $40 worth of food Thanksgiving dinner and this was at 4:45. At 6:30 they still haven't showed up. They use DoorDash for delivery. DoorDash calls back at 7:15 and says they're not delivering it so now we have to get a refund and our Thanksgiving dinner is ruined. Never again Denny's.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Myself and two friends went to the Denny's next to PepBoys on George Dieter in El Paso, TX. First, my friend found a nasty old sucked on lollipop on our table behind the napkin holder. There were no napkins. I told the waitress and she handed me a stack of napkins. She left the nasty old sucked on lollipop at our table.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

We stopped at the Denny's near Six Flags in Eureka, MO. I wanted the clam chowder, but I found out it is no longer on the menu period. I loved the patty melts and they no longer on the menu. Your changes not so good.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My friends and I were sitting down eating having a good time when all of a sudden the police came in. We really didn’t look into it because we were just eating and then one of the waiters told us that we had to get up and leave so we asked why and he said that some of our friends that were there walked out and didn’t pay but prior to that we told him that we were paying for some of our friends. So when he realized his mistake he Didn’t even apologize. He just said that he doesn’t want to see us there anymore. The police didn’t ask questions. They just stood by the door and we paid for our food and left. I ordered an all you can eat, and up til now I have not received my second serving, however I still paid for two servings. A group of ** kids can’t even enjoy a meal.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered scrambled egg whites together with spinach and grape tomatoes. When I received my dish, there was brown mush on top of the scrambled eggs and spinach. I asked the waitress what that was, and she told me it was mushrooms, that they get mixed with the other ingredients while the dish is being prepared, which explained the mushy consistency. I did not remember mushrooms being a part of the dish, but thought that it was just my bad recollection. I smelled the food before taking a bite to make sure there was no bad smell to it and then put a fork full of egg and mud into my mouth.

The waitress was standing right there to make sure she saw me eat the mud. Her expression was pure exhilaration when I almost vomited right there on the table. I ran to the bathroom, and when I came out, my plate was gone, and a very happy waitress with a very big smile on her face told me that a manager is taking care of this incident in the back. I demanded she bring the plate back so I could take a picture of it, which she did. The manager came out and told me that he could not explain what was on my plate and that mushrooms were not even a part of the dish.

There were no altercations between me and the waitress whatsoever. Our only interaction was when I ordered the food. She never apologized once, and the happy big smile on her face was still there as we were leaving the restaurant. I never received an apology from Denny's and was offered a gift card or a check for $50 from the corporate Claims Resolution department for me to "move on".

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Sat at a dirty table. Looked around kitchen. Greasy on stainless steel. Ceiling tiles in dining room near kitchen were brown. Pass thru window wall greasy near monitor. Carpet was black and matted down. Should be brown. Waitress finally showed up. Cleaned table. Took my order. Long time goes by no food. She forgot to put order in. Ordered spicy skillet. Menu says 2 chicken breast. Only 1 on it. When meal came out food was good. Go to cashier to pay. She has no change. More waiting. Only one side of kitchen in use. It has many people waiting to pay. Lobby is full. This was at Denny's on Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville, Fl on Saturday Sept 1 2018 at 1100 am.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered a bacon, cheese and spinach omelette and was told they don't allow you to build your own omelette. When I attempted to leave I was told they would make my omelette as requested. I received an egg with spinach a piece of bacon on top with a few sprinkles of onions. The waiter told three other employees about me and they stood in the hallway just starring and whispering. The fork wrapped in the napkin was dirty. I Will never go to another Denny's because they truly left a bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Waited 10 mins to be seated, no one around. Once seated and ordered ahead of three other people. We waited 40 mins for our food, a grand slam breakfast meal, while they all received a dinner meal which should have taken longer to cook and received theirs before we received ours. The food was not HOT, sausage could have been cooked longer as well as the hash browns, I ordered over easy eggs, but yolk had been broken and slightly well done. Never going back.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We sat down and three other groups were seated after us but ordered before us! We sat and waited and finally got someone’s attention. His response was “wait a minute”. Then we ordered build your own slam. We both ordered the same things. There was a picture of the options. We ordered the two pancakes, hash browns, two eggs over medium, and the two biscuits as shown on website build your own slam. We got two of everything except one biscuit even though the choices pictured showed two. Waiter said only one. I asked for the manager and he said it was a side order that had two.

However it was under the choices shown for build your own! Manager was rude and said it’s a side you pay $.89 for another. I said pancakes show 2, and we got 2. Eggs showed 2 and we got 2. Hash browns showed 1 and we got 1, biscuits showed two and we got one. Manager was rude. He was argumentative. I was trying to tell him that I owned a business, worked with the public and I was taught the customer is always right. He walked away when I was telling him my training working with the public. He argued over $.89. And refused to take off the 2-$.89 charges for two biscuits and then he said I’ll get your biscuits. When check came to me he charged me $.89 twice.

I told him it was incorrect and so I gave him the biscuits on the table. He was still very rude but went and deducted the 2- $.89 charges. He had a chip on his shoulder from the start. If I owned this Denny’s I certainly would NOT have a man who is rude, disrespectful, and determined that the information on the website was not correct to represent my restaurant and give the first impression of the store! It was at Denny’s in Katy, Texas and Katy Mills Mall. It was about 10:30. Friday June 22, 2018. He was a short Hispanic man. Poor management to say the least! I will never return to Denny’s ever again!!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

We have generally enjoyed a good experience at the Albuquerque area Denny's however our recent visit to the Edgewood store was below par. Although the food was OK, the floor was not well swept and most of the staff seemed more interested in chatting among themselves instead of giving customers top attention.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Today we visited Denny’s store 9284. OMG. It was so hot in there. It was miserable. I spoke to manager. She stated air has been out for 2 months. This makes no sense. Customer & employees are uncomfortable. I really don’t think corporate cares about anything but making money. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this really messes with the morale of employees. They are hot and irritated. Come on. Really!!! I was told employees and customers have been complaining for the past 2 months and nothing has been done.

I placed a call to corporate to speak with someone. The person that handles complaints was out to lunch. Her name is Gabby. I provided receptionist my name and call back number. If I don’t receive a call before end of day I will be calling back until this is taken care of... If you usually visit the Denny’s in Murphy, Texas please take the time to stand up for the employees and help get the air fixed... If you would like to call number is **... Thank you.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I think Mrs. Tammy ** should be the manager of the Denny's at Stockbridge, Georgia, 30281. She is fast, alert and has years of experience. Currently management is ineffective service is slow. The problem is LEADERSHIP. She has the supervisory skills and maturity.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Today at 3 o'clock ind. time 11 people total customers it took 41 min. to get our food after we had order. I can't imagine how long it would have been if it would have been busy. 2 waitress 1 cook. I asked because I was a little upset. There were several employees over in the corner but they were too busy with the boss. What a way to run a business. Won't be back.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The price of their food, run-of-the-mill food, has skyrocketed! I just wanted a hamburger. One burger that is not cooked to order, being that they do not ask how you want the meat cooked, was just under 11.00 dollars. I tried to get a "new" featured burger, which in the picture on the menu showed bacon cheddar tots. Well, the joke's on you should you order it as the picture depicts. It is an upcharge for these 6 tiny bacon cheddar tots. Even more irksome, was when the order was placed, the server did not care to let me know about such an upcharge. I requested that the burger not have caramelized onions, tomatoes, or pickles, but suffice it to say, this did not decrease the cost of the burger.

The server and the cook did do the order as requested, however I ate the entirety of the meal, but was not asked whether or not I was enjoying it while eating it. I received the receipt, then found the aforementioned upcharge on the meal. I said this wasn't right and felt as though such dishonesty is the same as stealing. The server shrugged and apologized. This did not mitigate the price listed on the bill. After taxes, it was over 12.00 U.S dollars. I decided to decline leaving a tip. This is very atypical for me, however, with the rumored raises serving staff has gotten, not by my choice, I no longer feel it prudent to add to it with a tip. Particularly after this kind of service was given. If a large company like this chose to grant such raises, should the consumer be picking up the tab with overpriced menu items? This of course is a rhetorical question.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My family have always went Denny's on payday. We never had a lot of problem with this restaurants. But we had one waiter take our drink but we didn't get them until about twenty mins until a another waiter walked in and then we got our drink. The second waiter took our orders since the first one (Brittany) didn't give our drinks or even take our order. And then once we got our food my daughter had to eat with her hands bc there was no forks or nothing giving to us. And we had to asked the waiter in the pink shirt two times to bring us some... But the good news the food was great. But next I just going to see if Amber or Hannah I think the second girl name is at works. Becasue our family wouldn't of been treating like this at all. But anyway food was awesome but need to work our y'all waiters' skills. Thanks.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information