Denny's Restaurants

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We always visit our local Denny's, generally we have a great experience... Today not so much. I called my family in an order to-go, which is NEVER an issue, and I was placed on a type of hold for 5 minutes, they just put the phone down and never picked it back up. So I hung up and called back, to which I was greeted yet again and put on the same hold. Someone picked up the phone after two minutes and had no idea that I was even on the line or wanting to place a to-go order.

So I begin with my order, (which is a large order due to a seven member family) which isn't complicated, we order it how it's served. The female taking my order was very hard to understand on the phone because she kept mumbling, and had absolutely no knowledge of the menu or the computer system they use. Maybe she's new, right?! I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. So finally after 10 minutes my order is placed, she mumbled a total, said 15 minutes and hung up.

When I arrived to pick up my order, I waited 10 minutes, which wasn't a big deal because they were busy. I understand that. I've worked food service. Then, the same girl who took my order brought it to me. I checked it, which I always do because like I said we have a big order, and half my order was wrong or missing toppings. So I waited another 10 minutes for them to finally get everything right, and the girl is rude to me when it comes time to pay for my food. She made a snide remark about calling in a large order, all the while I notice that she is a manager! How could they let a team member, let alone a manager act this way towards customers? I mean we spent nearly $60.00! I was extremely unsatisfied with our experience and plan to meet with the general manager regarding these issues. Please just be aware.

I went into Denny's restaurant on 5/13/2017 at 12ish am and the long was long. It was somewhat a little crowded. There were a few empty tables but that weren't filled until the name of the party's waiting. Before you can eat you had to wait till others got up and was done eating. Before you can be next now here's the things. I've and others were waiting an hr. I am disabled but me and my family waited like everyone else and my feet were aching. Now she called the party in front of me that was next. They got a table and sat down. I was next after long wait. Me and my family. Here's the thing. The worker her name was Stacey. She was a very disgraceful manager. Very rude and unprofessional and unkind.

Now there were other working servers too but a Latino person came in and ask, "Is this the line?" I said, "Yes. We all have to wait until served" and I am ** and he just walked up in front of me and skip the line of myself and others. I was next patiently I been waiting. Remember almost an hr now. She talk him and I said, "Excuse me ma'am. We were next." She ignored me and kept talking to the person and I said, "But we're next. You seen me standing here waiting the whole time." I said, "Excuse me, excuse" and she got very smart and said, "I helping him. You have to wait." I said, "What do I mean? He skip me." I said, "You don't have to get rude with me. Tone your attention down with me."

People were looking in the restaurant as she was wrong and making a scene of me being **. She said, "I don't have to serve you." I said, "I did nothing wrong". She didn't served me. I said, "I want to speak to your manager to file complaint for discrimination against me and my family. She, "I am the manager" and smirked with a funny laugh. I got upset. I said, "You're rude, wrong and I am filing a complaint on you for poor service." She said again still in smart way, "There's not one here but me am the manager." I said, "No there is a corporate ahead of you and a supervisor before you" and she humped her shoulder. Slick mouth, graspy attitude and she didn't served me. I told how she were and the truth about herself. She didn't like I said. I can eat anywhere with my funds.

She said, "Well I am not taking your order." I was very upset and I told Stacey this discrimination manager her name on South 27th St. Denny's restaurant Milwaukee I Wisconsin. I will go ahead of her and speak to the right person for a complaint on her. She argued with me. I told I'm the customer and you're the employer so the next day I did go and speak with another manager who listened and wasn't happy and please with how I was treated me and my family. There were witness that seen it all. Embarrassing an ** disabled person wrong. What happen to equal rights in this country and respect from others. Never go to this Denny's. They also have had other reviews and complaint itself with restaurant and workers and Stacey. 20 complaint against her. Issues with ** people and other stuff with her attitude BUT the other head manager will handled it. The Lord sees all wrong and the Lord don't like it.

This restaurant is horrific! The food was extremely undercooked. The serving and management were cooking. Handling money and going outside to smoke without proper safety service procedures e.g washing and sanitizing their hands! I frequented the restaurant over ten times last month for observation. Each time I witnessed complaint after complaint from customers. I would not recommend ANYONE to endure a dining experience at this restaurant. Absolutely deplorable! I would give it a goose egg rating. Doesn't even rate one star!!!!

I manage to only go to this Denny's and when I see a post of how disturbing the kitchen looks on Facebook through mutual friends and to think this is how they operate I feel the health inspector should be contacted as quick as possible!!! To even think how food is being stored if the kitchen looks this way!!! Get it to together please before someone gets sick. It was disgusting to see.

Breakfast at Denny's April 07, 2017 Roswell, NM 88203. Cooking with old oil. I send my food back. I don't know if this was a jester or a threat for returning my food. But if you see the you can see...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Went to Denny's in Wauwatosa, WI on a Sunday afternoon. There were barely any customers. Our food arrived pretty quickly but the eggs were not fully cooked so my friend waited for the waiter to come back and asked for his eggs to be cooked. There was no pepper or salt on our table so my friend got us some from the next table over (since it was empty like most of the place). Waiters never came back to our table. When we were almost finished eating, he notices the waiter coming over with his eggs. His plate is empty and he says "What am I gonna eat them with now?" The waiter doesn't offer a suggestion or apology so I give him my last triangle of toast. We stay in the restaurant just talking for about an hour after we are done eating. About an hour after that I get really sick to my stomach. That same afternoon he gets sick to his stomach. We have the same symptoms and go into the next day still sick.

Fast forward a month later. On a Friday night, I decide to give Denny's another try. Maybe the first time was just a bad day. We walk into the same Denny's and a young lady seats us in a booth where there are people in the booth on either side of us. The rest of the place is empty. It's like a ghost town. You could hear a pin drop. You can also hear the cook making food although I don't smell food which is odd to me. The young lady tells us she just started working here so we give her a pass on everything else that happened that night. First she asks me if I want toast.

I say "Yes, wheat please." She says "I don't know if we have wheat." I inform her that most places have at least white or wheat and I prefer wheat. She says ok. Then she turns to my friend and asks for his order. He orders a burger and as he is ordering the person who is training her comes over with his notepad. My friend very specifically and with great enthusiasm explains that he does not want a pickle on his sandwich, he is allergic to pickles. He says he doesn't even want them on the plate. That's all, everything else is fine. Just no pickles. Both waiters write it down and walk away. Again, I can hear the griddle noises in the kitchen and we can see the cook working away. All of the waitstaff are young adults or old teenagers, only the manager is an older man. He is busy barking out orders, (not food orders, work orders).

The booth we are seated has 2 placemats but only 1 set of silverware. When the waitress brings our food I ask for silverware. She says ok, and then she tells me my WHITE bread will be up soon. She brings me the silverware and my friend has to go to the next table to get pepper and jelly because like last time, our table doesn't have these things. As I start to eat my lukewarm breakfast food I notice the look on my friend's face. Imagine his surprise to find a pickle in his sandwich. He was not amused. He finishes his fries and I'm just slowly eating my food. He calls the waiter over and the waiter looks at him and then walks away. After about 5 seconds he decides to come over. My friend says "She hasn't gotten her toast." The waiter says "Oh, yeah, we are waiting for him to make it."

Now... I'm no rocket scientist but I have made toast before and it either requires a machine that you put the bread into and after it cooks the bread pops out or you put the bread on the grill until it looks like it got a tan... unless of course you are actually kneading the dough and making fresh bread... I doubt it. So now we have been sitting here for a good while and finally the waiter comes over with my WHITE bread and kinda drops the plate on our table and walks away. I pick up the top slice and it's not hot or even warm. It does have butter on it but the bottom slice does not. If this just came out of the toaster, shouldn't it be slightly warm? It's not, in fact none of my food was hot.

The manager sees us staring at him while we eat but he never stops over to see how it's going. He only has 3 tables to talk to in the entire restaurant but he doesn't feel the need to check on his paying customers. The only thing we got quickly was the bill. The waiter didn't look at us, he just dropped it on the table. My friend is reluctant to leave a tip because the male waiter's name was on the bill. If it had been the young lady's name, he would've had no problem leaving a tip because she is still in the learning phase. We take the bill up to the register where the manager is. The manager asks how was everything, my friend says... it was just ok... I say nothing and walk out.

On our way out of the place one of the workers is standing right outside the front door, smoking. So not only did we get bad service inside, we get to walk thru a puff of smoke on the outside. Needless to say, I thought it was just me being picky but after seeing sooo many reviews with a 1 star rating and about customer service, I was convinced I needed to write this review. After the first experience with one friend and now this experience with another friend, we have nicknamed the place Renny's (because Runny's was too specific). Unfortunately, 1st and 2nd impressions were pretty consistent.

This Review is for ALL ** that maybe thinking about going to Denny's to eat, STOP!! Denny's is the most Racist establishment that I have ever visited. You would think that after being sued for Racism and Discrimination against ** in the past this organization should have learned a Lesson on Racism. My Story:

My name is Mary ** a very Proud New Member of AARP. On March 19th 2017 between the hours of 11a-12p I went to Denny's on 43rd Ave & Peoria in Glendale, AZ to utilize my New AARP CARD. As soon as I walked through the door, there was a podium with a sign posted on it that stated (Please wait to be seated). I stood right there in front of the sign, waiting to be seated (the only person in line). While I was standing there waiting, a ** Couple came in the Door and immediately upon entering the Restaurant, the Hostess/Manager looked around me and asked the couple how may he help them. At that point I spoke up and asked the Hostess/Manager, "What about me?" Hostess/Manager Replied: "Oh, Ok, what can I do for you?" Me: "You can stop being Racist. I will find a place to eat where everyone is Welcome."

I think another Class Action Law Suit is warranted. NOTE: To AARP I don't think this is the type of Establishment you want to sponsor.

Never been treated so badly. Threaten to be stabbed with a knife by server. Always help them so not sure why. Even customers love me. But manager said I asked for it?? Verbal abuse. Customers always walking out. So I have no proof of this so I excused myself from this place. But think it's important to tell someone. Thank you.

I was in Denny's at the Altamonte Springs Florida location getting lunch with my family. We were greeted with so much warmth and pleasure by this young lady named Elenie or so I think that was how you spelled her name. She seated us, introduced herself and then began to take drink orders. She came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready to put in our food order. She asked if we wanted any cheese on or meals or if we wanted desert once we were finished eating. She was so so pleasant. I LOVED the service we had while she was serving us. She was very attentive and very sweet, always smiling and always making sure we had anything we needed. She is an outstanding person and Denny's is lucky to have someone like that!! I will be coming back to this location because of how wonderful she was and I will be bringing more family and friends so she can continue to be our server! She's such a sweetheart.

I and two other people went Denny's in Neosho MO on Feb 26 2017 and lady told us that she was taking any more customer then we walk out. My girlfriend call the Springfield Denny's to see if she was able to that. When I went back to go the restroom the lady told me to leave and then follow me outside and wrote my tag number down for no reason.

Ordered my food for take out, and my food was ready when I got there. Cashier wanted a tip, but refused because I didn't know who to give the tip to. Got back to motel, the $10 Philly was horrible because the bun was soggy and the sandwich just broke apart, what a mess. I ate the sandwich with a spoon because it was unbearable to eat it the normal way. No revisit for me.

On Monday, 1/16/17 at 9:55 p.m. I called in an order for a salad. Bernanett was whom I spoke with told me it would be 20 minutes. I asked her if it would be ready by the time I arrived. She then said it would be 25 minutes and she would get it started. I thank her. My past experiences my orders have not been ready when I arrive. Actually I gave them about 5 minutes more. Upon arriving the host, Gina was going over receipts before she acknowledged me. I told her that I was there to pick up an order and gave her my name. She goes to the kitchen, on the way back she stops and speaks with a customer at the counter instead of letting me know what was happening.

I looked at her and she didn't give me a glance. So I walked over and asked about my order. Gina replies: "Oh they are getting it ready." I then told her to forget it and that I didn't want it anymore and left (I was on my way to work). What kind of personnel do you hire? I understand that in a small town like this it's hard to find good help BUT PLEASE train them to be professional. If we are given a certain amount of time that the order will be ready, HAVE IT READY!! I have been in your restaurant when people have walked out because of quality of service and the wait period. I'm hoping this matter will get resolved one way or another. Oh this happened in Pecos, Texas. Thank you.

My experience at Denny's city of commerce - there was a young woman at the cashier. She didn't speak English at all and it is hard to communicate with someone does not speak English. They need someone to speak English and Spanish because the cashier did not understand me. I wanted to split the bill with my mother and I told her to split the bill and she didn't understand me and cashier added it up all together on one bill receipt for our meal on my mother credit card.

The Denny's in Moses Lake, WA is a complete joke. The morning cook is James, wears a name tag that says Mickey. From the day the Denny's opened in 2016, he has constantly discriminated. I have complained at least 100 times to management, and corporate and nothing is done about it. Monday, January 2, 2017 the cook proceeded to refer to me as the **, and do the same things to trigger my PTSD. I left without incident after paying. When I returned 2 days later, I was informed that my fiance and I are kicked out because we complained. My hopes are that they have a different outlook after my attorney has spoke with them.

The girl at the cash register was very nice, but a second after I took out my credit card I handed her my A.A.R.P. card for the discount... "Oops I don't know what to do because I just pushed the card through, sorry." she said, and I asked for the manager. So the girl didn't know what to do, and then the manager said there was nothing he could do. Well he could have reversed the charge, and then given me the discount. He could have done something about it, he just didn't care to do his job. Also my bacon that is ordered to be crisp, should not come to the customer like it was boiled.

Yes, this is the first time I’ve been here in over twenty years, because when I went on vacation years ago with my entire family, we gave our order to the waiter and I asked the him to hold off putting it in for about three minutes until the prices dropped for the morning specials. Well, he put the order in immediately, and I was charged quite a bit more for their lack of consideration.

I would not recommend the Denny's in Traverse City as it stands. They served me raw pancakes for breakfast. I didn't realize it until it was later in eating them because they had a pumpkin cream cheese filling. I complained about the pancakes. The waitress did offer something else, but I really didn't trust them at that point. They then argued with me defending the fact that they were raw, and that people sometimes like them that way. One person at the desk said that I should give them another chance because she would do that. Oh really? Unfortunately first impressions are lasting with a brand new business, as they opened a week prior. So they gave me 15 percent off my bill. That was an insult as far as I am concerned. I asked to speak with the manager while all of these conversations are going on at the desk about the pancakes.

The staff said she could not come out because she was busy counting money and could not be disturbed. She later did call me and hung up without leaving a message. I wasn't sure who was calling but called the number back and discovered it was Denny's. I tried calling her with the staff redirecting my call so she would answer it. She did not want to be bothered and outright lied on the phone. There was no argument, or much if an exchange, but she stated that they gave me 15 percent off so that should win me back. I said it didn't. She said she would call me back so she could take my address down and send me a coupon for a entree. She never called and her tone gave her away in that she had no intention of doing anything.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Their manner of handling a complaint was beyond poor. Their staff arguing with the customer after they made a mistake added to the problem. Their manager who apparently does not want to deal with problems compounded all of this. In the past I ate at Denny's in Grand Rapids MI and didn't care for their food. This confirms what I thought of before: don't waste your money there. There are plenty of other places to eat out at in Traverse City.

So surprised to read so many negative reviews of Denny's. Both locations, at least here in Flagstaff, are terrific. The food is fresh, tasty and affordable and does not have that "pre-made and shipped-in" aftertaste. The full plate-banana split is decadently delicious and their 2-4-6 menu (especially the Biscuits and Gravy), at times, is "just enough." From what I've seen, Denny's is striving to do everything as right as possible; but, I understand that there are locations with poor management that might not 'meet the bar.' But if you're in Flagstaff or Camp Verde, you won't be disappointed.

I will never go to Denny's again. They are very consistent at not giving you your whole order. Then when you call to go back... they have an attitude & give you undercooked meat at bread instead of toast... dining in can't be much better because when I went back to pick up the rest of my order people left because they saw several open tables but no one would seat them. I gave Denny's way too many chances. management gave me a $10 gift card one time so I gave them a few more chances... but NO MORE!! They are very consistent at giving me INCOMPLETE orders & UNDERCOOKED FOOD!!! 2 THUMBS DOWN DENNY'S! Never never again will I go to Denny's.

The waitress at Denny's South in Rochester, MN must hate her job and should not be in customer service! She always makes us feel bad for inconveniencing/annoying her and scolds us when we politely ask for something. We always give a 15-20% tip so it can't be because we're poor tippers.

If their staff at my location (Roanoke, VA) doesn't want to seat customers and wait on them, I suggest Denny's considers shutting down. This is the closest Denny's to my location. Several times over past month I have attempted to dine there but am ignored, never seated and thus leave without being seated. Yet, staff there has full view of customers waiting to be seated. Even at the entrance podium. This facility is a "blister on the ass of profit" perhaps by corporate design as staff there shows little if any interest in serving customers. I have been a regular there for past 5 years, but no more.

In general, Denny's local staff has always demonstrated a negative attitude toward service. But recently, has progressed toward not even seating customers. Apparently hoping we would just go away. So I have on my last few visits in full view of staff watching me walk out the door after waiting 5-11 minutes without being acknowledged I am standing there, politely waiting for a table. No more... Have a nice day. Without me of course. Your wishes are my motivation. Side note: Denny's website will not allow one to complain without a sales receipt (store number needed). Very clever. "Hear no evil" policy. Denny's corporate should be admonished by investors if any out there to resign.

Denny's, 4330 Fox Valley Center Dr Aurora, IL 60504. I have been going to this location for over 10 years. When I think of the ordeals that I have witnessed over those 10 years, I simply feel amazed. I hardly can believe that the restaurant is still open. I imagine that part of the reason must be that the patrons cannot be regulars. Please allow me to explain what prompted this letter. I work and live locally. Being that my job is in an office, we like to go out to lunch. I feel very fortunate that in the Naperville area, there are a plethora of restaurants, diners and fast-food establishments, to choose from. I want to be clear, as a customer, we do actually choose. Unfortunately, I am choosing to no longer to be a Denny's customer. Each time my friend and I choose to go to Denny's, I always leave upset and frustrated.

Our waitresses, they are wonderful, once they actually have time to come to the table to offer a beverage. Efficient, kind and smiling. After we order, I think that perhaps, this time will be different. Then I take a look around and see it is the same old scenario. Dirty dishes on the table, sitting and waiting for our waitress to clear. Listening to the waitress update the other customers that sat down before us, which their order will be out anytime. Overhearing another waitress apologize and make excuses for the kitchen that they are short staffed. Like I said, I was what would be considered a regular so being short staffed in both the kitchen and on the floor is not a bad day, it is a regular day.

My last visit was just yesterday, September 1, 2016. When we walked in, we waited to be seated several minutes. This is unusual since we take our lunch between 11-12 in order to avoid the rush, but no big deal. We waited, and waited. Looking around, I can see that our waitress is training a new waitress. I can also see that there appears to be 3 waitresses, including a trainee, which is servicing 3 different sections. I have never been a waitress, but I knew that we would not make it back to work by noon even though our office is 1.6 miles from your establishment.

When the trainee brought our drinks, a Coke and an iced tea, we were happy. Then we waited and waited. Finally, we place our order, but before doing so, we let the waitress know that we were on our lunch and had to get back. This was after being there for hour. She apologized and mentioned that the manager is helping out as well, and that she would let them know that in the back.

11:45 or so, we get our lunch. At 12:00:18, we paid our bill. We were used to it. Being late whenever we decide to go to Denny's. I have just had enough. Having many years in being a manager, I know why we continue to have the same experience. Short staff and no support for the staff--BAD MANAGEMENT. I don't understand it. Why wouldn't a bus person be hired so 1) the customers would not have to look at a dirty tub of dishes or a mess made at the table, while they are having their meal, and 2) to free up the wonderful waitresses that you have? I don't understand why there would not be one or two more people available to help out when there are trainees or perhaps and especially busy day? Someone to help at the register and while they are waiting on paying customers they could clear dishes? Or how about a dedicated person to scrub that place down. It was just remodeled and it is just filthy.

I used the ladies bathroom while waiting for my lunch, and when I walked into the bathroom, the stale stench of urine just permeated. When I sat back down, I told my friend that this would be the very last time I will ever come here. It is sad, it really is. This location has some really great waitresses and the cooks do a good job as well. However, it is obvious that the management is lacking, and I mean upper management. I imagine that the location manager has been given strict guidelines in terms of over scheduling. That is a mistake. Filthy bathrooms and floors, dirty dishes just sitting on top of tables in the dining room, customers waiting and waiting. It is obvious that Denny's VIPs and Executives do not care. Therefore, I do not care to eat lunch or dinner there ever again.

I have enjoyed the milkshakes here, they are great and reasonable. But for some reason the last 5 times instead of getting the full milkshake with the left over tin with the extra in it they have given me a cheap ass to go cup like medium size. I never ordered a to go anything. And what they throw the extra away.

Called to place a pickup order at 12:18AM. Called several times, no answer. 4th attempt, phone answered, asked "If I could hold". Answer, "yes." Still on HOLD TEN MINUTES LATER I gave up, got into my car and drove to Denny's. There were 5 people in the restaurant. Placed an order for a club sandwich and it was served pretty quickly. Tried to pay at the register, but no such luck. After fiddling with the cash register for a good 5 minutes, waitress goes to get some help. Help arrives. They had not put a cash drawer in. Really.

But wait... You have got to hear the real reason I am writing! It seems that when I got tired of waiting on hold, I forgot to hang the phone up and when I got back home, I WAS STILL ON HOLD. YES!! Still on hold. I could still hear the people in the restaurant. I may wait for a lot of things in life, but I will surely never wait for a Denny's waitress ever again. I will eat out of a vending machine before I will ever step foot into another of their restaurants. I just want to see how many social media outlets I can share my story with. I have the entire 1 hour and 9 minute call recorded. I'll have to listen to it to see if I can hear myself complaining about being on hold for so long after I gave up and drove to the store. Maybe we can make something good for Youtube!

I go to Denny's in Carol Stream Illinois about 4-5 times a month. I have 4 daughters. I have always go using a coupon for 20% off my phone. Well today they would not let me use my coupon. First they said it was expired which it was not. I made the image clear and then they said it had to be printed out. I said I always come here and use my coupon. Still refused. So I just paid the bill. But before I left I heard her tell the couple sitting down about using a coupon from online. Really rude. Deny me with my kids but okay for a couple to use.

I want everyone to know that the air conditioner isn't working well at Denny's in Rosenberg, TX. How can they be working in those conditions when it's so hot outside!! I can't see how the owner of this Denny's care about his customers and most of all his employees!!!

Well, we have been going to the Denny's for a long time, today we all went as a family and the food was horrible. Cold and dirty and a guy was cleaning a booth with knifes from the kitchen. No Manager. And for 35.20 it was not worth it. I am thankful no one got sick. I will never go there again!

I tried Denny's for the first time a few years ago when our family went to Los Angeles CA. Food was pretty good, there was a great selection & the serving was pretty satisfying, but the best part was that it is open 24 hours. We were tourist back then, our flight arrived at around midnight (or at least late at night) and we were pretty hungry. We stayed at Day's Inn (if memory serves me right) but the cafe near the lobby was closed. For a tourist arriving in the middle of the night, hungry, Denny's is a life saver. Good food available anytime. Thanks Denny's.

Excellent service 9.9 out of 10 times, milkshakes are still awesome. Now as for Cooks, they are always going to be one of those type of hit or miss type of professions. For the most part Denny's is still one of the only places you can count on to open 365/24/7, with fair prices for the quality of food. With that being said, and knowing how people think "based off of what I have read", Denny's has unfortunately received bad reviews because most people tend to go the extra effort to complain rather than praise. DENNY'S IS STILL ABOUT AS AMERICAN YOU CAN GET FOR QUICK, SOLID, AND RELIABLE FOOD CHAINS OUT THERE.

I am a truck driver and have ate at restaurant numerous times over my 12 years with my current company. The last time I was here was about 1 month ago with a dry salmon dinner. This time I ordered the slow cooked pot roast which I have had before here. When I received it it contained three scoops of mashed potatoes and large piece of garlic toast, some vegetables and a small portion of roast beef. The price for this is $9.50. The roast beef looked like ground meat packed together and put onto the plate. I called for the manager and I asked what I was paying for. He stated that it was proportioned to 6 oz of meat. If I would have had a scale, I think it would have been less. Either way I had them take it back and so I ordered a good American Hamburger with fries. This will be my last visit to any Denny's anywhere.

We went to Breakfast April 30th, 2016 at Denny's Restaurants. The stomach got sick - the whole family (3 adult 1 kid).

Denny's Restaurants Company Profile