Denny's Restaurants
  • 1 star
Based on 249 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Denny's Restaurants

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

258 Denny's Restaurants Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently suggested that Lisa **, server at Denny's #8028 get a new job. After receiving our meal, I informed her the loaded potato soup was "COLD". She took the soup "to warm it". She totally forgot like she totally forgot we're even there. I had to go get her to place the order. She never came back with the soup. One side was packed with AS and Latina and the other "uncleaned" side had an Asian couple hiding smugly. That side appeared to be unclean for one reason and one reason only: to seat anyone from wanting to sit there without showing racism. Well, the real racist came out, took the soup and offers no real explanation for why she never came back except SHE forgot! She would have charged us for the soup had I not told her not to. #aarp #senior61 #nevergoingback #aslongasLisasthere

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Apparently, a meeting and gathering place. One of them, I guess, is the manager. Always the sign of fine dining: the help (and in this case, the management) smoking where the guests can see them. Expect to be ignored when sitting at the counter. Service is not only slow, you’ll be lucky if they even acknowledge your existence. Trash on the floor, dirty dishes on the tables: God, what a **. Eat here at your own risk. Better you than me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Well I went to a Denny's in Jacksonville Florida. Today on my birthday. Needless to say the food I ordered was cold and not cooked well. I ordered 2 pancakes, 2 sausage links, 2 bacon strips and hashbrowns. Hashbrowns was plain. No taste. Sausages was cold. Bacon was pitiful whole piece and half a piece. And pancakes were ok. Never again Atlantic Blvd Jacksonville Florida 10:20 am. Never again. Manager total prick.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and I ate at a Denny's @ Strasburg, Va. He ordered a steak, I ordered a sizzling plate. My husband’s steak was served RAW setting in blood, my meal was missing half of the ingredients that came in the meal. We sent our food back. The 2nd time our food was served they had thrown 4 pieces of broccoli on top of my plate (that was one of the ingredients missing from plate) and my husband’s steak was still a raw bloody mess, still sitting in blood. He sent it back a third time thinking we would get a new steak instead yet a 3rd time same steak burned on one end and raw on the other end STILL ON A BLOODY plate! We got up and on our way out informed the manager on duty that we would never, ever eat there again. We will never eat in a Denny's restaurants again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

OMG let’s celebrate Veterans Day a couple of Days before the REAL DAY. How illogical Denny's is. Past we went on Veterans Day to get our Breakfast. But today (Veterans Day) they gave it out yesterday. Sneaky ** I think. Must be some College Grad who hates Veterans... Stupid. We used to like Denny's... NOT ANYMORE...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My wife and I went to Denny’s in Great Falls MT near airport. We noticed it was busy and expected a wait of 20 minutes or so. After 10 minutes went by, no one was up front and noticed the manager looked our direction several times. 10 more minutes went by and the manager finally sorted out the waiting to pay and seating for new customers. That wasn't too bad. We were seated and order taken by Adelle. I asked for coffee, black and 2 waters. She brought them out promptly. The coffee cup came out sticky all over the handle and appeared as coffee had been spilled down the entire front face. Using some water and a napkin, the coffee cleaned off easily.

My order was supposed to be a country fried steak and eggs, no hash browns with 1 biscuit, gravy and wheat toast. My order showed up with the steak knife having one quarter of the handle coated with a pink gooey substance. I wiped it off with my napkin, but was like wiping off thick syrup. The biscuit was a half cooked very doughy consistency. I noted upon paying that the wait staff gets the utensils such as steak knives from a container of other steak knives. Judge for yourself the level of very poor pride in management, wait staff and cutting too many corners that can easily cause health risks to the public. To add to this, all the comments from waiting customers about they should walk out without paying for having to wait forever to pay.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I stopped in for breakfast at the local Denny's. When checking out, I inquired about the Senior Discount. They smiled and said, "Of course - we give a discount for members of AARP". When I told them I was a member of AMAC (the conservative alternative to AARP), they informed me that I would NOT get the discount. Very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Today we visited our regular Denny's in South Ogden and once again the manager... A guy named Marion was yelling and cussing out staff members. First it was a cook and then a very pregnant server who happened to be our server. I cannot imagine what she could have done that was so wrong. He screamed that the customers called back and complained that she was awful and wouldn't give them a free refill on a cappuccino. She explained that these were old high school classmates that she had not gotten along with in school and they had it out for her. I watched her with everyone while there and she was awesome.

She was in tears saying she went out of her way to be courteous but the manager just yelled and threatened to fire her in front of the entire store. He called her names. This is how he always is when we come in and he's there. He's angry and nasty. It's unacceptable. Won't be eating here anymore. Hope that poor girl won't go into early labor but no one should be treated like that.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Bettina was a great waitress. Very outgoing, she recommended some great food which I loved and she also recommended a dessert of my choice. Also a manager was walking around each table to check with customers. Great service, fast, and tasty food. Will be coming back.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We were seated and left after 10 minutes when no one stopped by to say anything to us! Most of the servers were bs with their Manager who got to place his order before us and he sat down after us!! Their Manager didn't seem to care that we were walking out after getting no service!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

3000 SERVICE LOOP RD WEST MEMPHIS, AR72301 Denny's / I ordered my food and coffee. Got coffee. Waited for food then got food. The eggs, hash browns and sausage was great but the hotcakes were cold cakes and I had to saw the hotcakes and the waitress never refilled my coffee. The cooks had bad attitudes. I will never eat there again!

Original review: July 7, 2017

My two scrambled EGGS order included cheddar cheese, which I like: cheese was burned throughout, sent back, next batch the cheese, although hot when brought to me, quickly formed into a plasticine looking and feeling disk with the eggs hard as pebbles. My daughter's plate of eggs had cheddar cheese - it was suppose to have American cheese. Also, wrong cheese added to grits. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER at a Denny's Restaurants. Our waitress offered to give us her employee discount, but the manager would not hear of it!

Original review: June 29, 2017

At Denny's it took 9 minutes to get a menu. The waitress was very loud and hurried us to order when we had questions. I ordered 55+ but it had no cheese, no tomatoes, no fruit, no butter. When I pointed it out she looked at me and Said nothing. I handed her my plate. I got cold cheese on top a large soup bowl of apples and bananas. I told her "There is supposed to be tomatoes too". No response. I said "Never mind". Then the staff including kitchen help stood at the register talking loudly about their troubles at work... I'm not one to complain but this is the second time I ordered that same dish and it was wrong.. Both times l was meant feel bad about asking for the dish to be as the menu said.. 2 weeks in a row. Cindy was my waitresses name. PS. Every time the bathroom door closes it slams wood on wood. You jump out of your skin every time.

Original review: May 21, 2017

We always visit our local Denny's, generally we have a great experience... Today not so much. I called my family in an order to-go, which is NEVER an issue, and I was placed on a type of hold for 5 minutes, they just put the phone down and never picked it back up. So I hung up and called back, to which I was greeted yet again and put on the same hold. Someone picked up the phone after two minutes and had no idea that I was even on the line or wanting to place a to-go order.

So I begin with my order, (which is a large order due to a seven member family) which isn't complicated, we order it how it's served. The female taking my order was very hard to understand on the phone because she kept mumbling, and had absolutely no knowledge of the menu or the computer system they use. Maybe she's new, right?! I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. So finally after 10 minutes my order is placed, she mumbled a total, said 15 minutes and hung up.

When I arrived to pick up my order, I waited 10 minutes, which wasn't a big deal because they were busy. I understand that. I've worked food service. Then, the same girl who took my order brought it to me. I checked it, which I always do because like I said we have a big order, and half my order was wrong or missing toppings. So I waited another 10 minutes for them to finally get everything right, and the girl is rude to me when it comes time to pay for my food. She made a snide remark about calling in a large order, all the while I notice that she is a manager! How could they let a team member, let alone a manager act this way towards customers? I mean we spent nearly $60.00! I was extremely unsatisfied with our experience and plan to meet with the general manager regarding these issues. Please just be aware.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I went into Denny's restaurant on 5/13/2017 at 12ish am and the long was long. It was somewhat a little crowded. There were a few empty tables but that weren't filled until the name of the party's waiting. Before you can eat you had to wait till others got up and was done eating. Before you can be next now here's the things. I've and others were waiting an hr. I am disabled but me and my family waited like everyone else and my feet were aching. Now she called the party in front of me that was next. They got a table and sat down. I was next after long wait. Me and my family. Here's the thing. The worker her name was Stacey. She was a very disgraceful manager. Very rude and unprofessional and unkind.

Now there were other working servers too but a Latino person came in and ask, "Is this the line?" I said, "Yes. We all have to wait until served" and I am ** and he just walked up in front of me and skip the line of myself and others. I was next patiently I been waiting. Remember almost an hr now. She talk him and I said, "Excuse me ma'am. We were next." She ignored me and kept talking to the person and I said, "But we're next. You seen me standing here waiting the whole time." I said, "Excuse me, excuse" and she got very smart and said, "I helping him. You have to wait." I said, "What do I mean? He skip me." I said, "You don't have to get rude with me. Tone your attention down with me."

People were looking in the restaurant as she was wrong and making a scene of me being **. She said, "I don't have to serve you." I said, "I did nothing wrong". She didn't served me. I said, "I want to speak to your manager to file complaint for discrimination against me and my family. She, "I am the manager" and smirked with a funny laugh. I got upset. I said, "You're rude, wrong and I am filing a complaint on you for poor service." She said again still in smart way, "There's not one here but me am the manager." I said, "No there is a corporate ahead of you and a supervisor before you" and she humped her shoulder. Slick mouth, graspy attitude and she didn't served me. I told how she were and the truth about herself. She didn't like I said. I can eat anywhere with my funds.

She said, "Well I am not taking your order." I was very upset and I told Stacey this discrimination manager her name on South 27th St. Denny's restaurant Milwaukee I Wisconsin. I will go ahead of her and speak to the right person for a complaint on her. She argued with me. I told I'm the customer and you're the employer so the next day I did go and speak with another manager who listened and wasn't happy and please with how I was treated me and my family. There were witness that seen it all. Embarrassing an ** disabled person wrong. What happen to equal rights in this country and respect from others. Never go to this Denny's. They also have had other reviews and complaint itself with restaurant and workers and Stacey. 20 complaint against her. Issues with ** people and other stuff with her attitude BUT the other head manager will handled it. The Lord sees all wrong and the Lord don't like it.

Original review: May 4, 2017

This restaurant is horrific! The food was extremely undercooked. The serving and management were cooking. Handling money and going outside to smoke without proper safety service procedures e.g washing and sanitizing their hands! I frequented the restaurant over ten times last month for observation. Each time I witnessed complaint after complaint from customers. I would not recommend ANYONE to endure a dining experience at this restaurant. Absolutely deplorable! I would give it a goose egg rating. Doesn't even rate one star!!!!

Original review: April 11, 2017

I manage to only go to this Denny's and when I see a post of how disturbing the kitchen looks on Facebook through mutual friends and to think this is how they operate I feel the health inspector should be contacted as quick as possible!!! To even think how food is being stored if the kitchen looks this way!!! Get it to together please before someone gets sick. It was disgusting to see.

Original review: April 9, 2017

Breakfast at Denny's April 07, 2017 Roswell, NM 88203. Cooking with old oil. I send my food back. I don't know if this was a jester or a threat for returning my food. But if you see the you can see...

Original review: March 27, 2017

Went to Denny's in Wauwatosa, WI on a Sunday afternoon. There were barely any customers. Our food arrived pretty quickly but the eggs were not fully cooked so my friend waited for the waiter to come back and asked for his eggs to be cooked. There was no pepper or salt on our table so my friend got us some from the next table over (since it was empty like most of the place). Waiters never came back to our table. When we were almost finished eating, he notices the waiter coming over with his eggs. His plate is empty and he says "What am I gonna eat them with now?" The waiter doesn't offer a suggestion or apology so I give him my last triangle of toast. We stay in the restaurant just talking for about an hour after we are done eating. About an hour after that I get really sick to my stomach. That same afternoon he gets sick to his stomach. We have the same symptoms and go into the next day still sick.

Fast forward a month later. On a Friday night, I decide to give Denny's another try. Maybe the first time was just a bad day. We walk into the same Denny's and a young lady seats us in a booth where there are people in the booth on either side of us. The rest of the place is empty. It's like a ghost town. You could hear a pin drop. You can also hear the cook making food although I don't smell food which is odd to me. The young lady tells us she just started working here so we give her a pass on everything else that happened that night. First she asks me if I want toast.

I say "Yes, wheat please." She says "I don't know if we have wheat." I inform her that most places have at least white or wheat and I prefer wheat. She says ok. Then she turns to my friend and asks for his order. He orders a burger and as he is ordering the person who is training her comes over with his notepad. My friend very specifically and with great enthusiasm explains that he does not want a pickle on his sandwich, he is allergic to pickles. He says he doesn't even want them on the plate. That's all, everything else is fine. Just no pickles. Both waiters write it down and walk away. Again, I can hear the griddle noises in the kitchen and we can see the cook working away. All of the waitstaff are young adults or old teenagers, only the manager is an older man. He is busy barking out orders, (not food orders, work orders).

The booth we are seated has 2 placemats but only 1 set of silverware. When the waitress brings our food I ask for silverware. She says ok, and then she tells me my WHITE bread will be up soon. She brings me the silverware and my friend has to go to the next table to get pepper and jelly because like last time, our table doesn't have these things. As I start to eat my lukewarm breakfast food I notice the look on my friend's face. Imagine his surprise to find a pickle in his sandwich. He was not amused. He finishes his fries and I'm just slowly eating my food. He calls the waiter over and the waiter looks at him and then walks away. After about 5 seconds he decides to come over. My friend says "She hasn't gotten her toast." The waiter says "Oh, yeah, we are waiting for him to make it."

Now... I'm no rocket scientist but I have made toast before and it either requires a machine that you put the bread into and after it cooks the bread pops out or you put the bread on the grill until it looks like it got a tan... unless of course you are actually kneading the dough and making fresh bread... I doubt it. So now we have been sitting here for a good while and finally the waiter comes over with my WHITE bread and kinda drops the plate on our table and walks away. I pick up the top slice and it's not hot or even warm. It does have butter on it but the bottom slice does not. If this just came out of the toaster, shouldn't it be slightly warm? It's not, in fact none of my food was hot.

The manager sees us staring at him while we eat but he never stops over to see how it's going. He only has 3 tables to talk to in the entire restaurant but he doesn't feel the need to check on his paying customers. The only thing we got quickly was the bill. The waiter didn't look at us, he just dropped it on the table. My friend is reluctant to leave a tip because the male waiter's name was on the bill. If it had been the young lady's name, he would've had no problem leaving a tip because she is still in the learning phase. We take the bill up to the register where the manager is. The manager asks how was everything, my friend says... it was just ok... I say nothing and walk out.

On our way out of the place one of the workers is standing right outside the front door, smoking. So not only did we get bad service inside, we get to walk thru a puff of smoke on the outside. Needless to say, I thought it was just me being picky but after seeing sooo many reviews with a 1 star rating and about customer service, I was convinced I needed to write this review. After the first experience with one friend and now this experience with another friend, we have nicknamed the place Renny's (because Runny's was too specific). Unfortunately, 1st and 2nd impressions were pretty consistent.

Original review: March 24, 2017

This Review is for ALL ** that maybe thinking about going to Denny's to eat, STOP!! Denny's is the most Racist establishment that I have ever visited. You would think that after being sued for Racism and Discrimination against ** in the past this organization should have learned a Lesson on Racism. My Story:

My name is Mary ** a very Proud New Member of AARP. On March 19th 2017 between the hours of 11a-12p I went to Denny's on 43rd Ave & Peoria in Glendale, AZ to utilize my New AARP CARD. As soon as I walked through the door, there was a podium with a sign posted on it that stated (Please wait to be seated). I stood right there in front of the sign, waiting to be seated (the only person in line). While I was standing there waiting, a ** Couple came in the Door and immediately upon entering the Restaurant, the Hostess/Manager looked around me and asked the couple how may he help them. At that point I spoke up and asked the Hostess/Manager, "What about me?" Hostess/Manager Replied: "Oh, Ok, what can I do for you?" Me: "You can stop being Racist. I will find a place to eat where everyone is Welcome."

I think another Class Action Law Suit is warranted. NOTE: To AARP I don't think this is the type of Establishment you want to sponsor.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Never been treated so badly. Threaten to be stabbed with a knife by server. Always help them so not sure why. Even customers love me. But manager said I asked for it?? Verbal abuse. Customers always walking out. So I have no proof of this so I excused myself from this place. But think it's important to tell someone. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I was in Denny's at the Altamonte Springs Florida location getting lunch with my family. We were greeted with so much warmth and pleasure by this young lady named Elenie or so I think that was how you spelled her name. She seated us, introduced herself and then began to take drink orders. She came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready to put in our food order. She asked if we wanted any cheese on or meals or if we wanted desert once we were finished eating. She was so so pleasant. I LOVED the service we had while she was serving us. She was very attentive and very sweet, always smiling and always making sure we had anything we needed. She is an outstanding person and Denny's is lucky to have someone like that!! I will be coming back to this location because of how wonderful she was and I will be bringing more family and friends so she can continue to be our server! She's such a sweetheart.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

I and two other people went Denny's in Neosho MO on Feb 26 2017 and lady told us that she was taking any more customer then we walk out. My girlfriend call the Springfield Denny's to see if she was able to that. When I went back to go the restroom the lady told me to leave and then follow me outside and wrote my tag number down for no reason.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Ordered my food for take out, and my food was ready when I got there. Cashier wanted a tip, but refused because I didn't know who to give the tip to. Got back to motel, the $10 Philly was horrible because the bun was soggy and the sandwich just broke apart, what a mess. I ate the sandwich with a spoon because it was unbearable to eat it the normal way. No revisit for me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

On Monday, 1/16/17 at 9:55 p.m. I called in an order for a salad. Bernanett was whom I spoke with told me it would be 20 minutes. I asked her if it would be ready by the time I arrived. She then said it would be 25 minutes and she would get it started. I thank her. My past experiences my orders have not been ready when I arrive. Actually I gave them about 5 minutes more. Upon arriving the host, Gina was going over receipts before she acknowledged me. I told her that I was there to pick up an order and gave her my name. She goes to the kitchen, on the way back she stops and speaks with a customer at the counter instead of letting me know what was happening.

I looked at her and she didn't give me a glance. So I walked over and asked about my order. Gina replies: "Oh they are getting it ready." I then told her to forget it and that I didn't want it anymore and left (I was on my way to work). What kind of personnel do you hire? I understand that in a small town like this it's hard to find good help BUT PLEASE train them to be professional. If we are given a certain amount of time that the order will be ready, HAVE IT READY!! I have been in your restaurant when people have walked out because of quality of service and the wait period. I'm hoping this matter will get resolved one way or another. Oh this happened in Pecos, Texas. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

My experience at Denny's city of commerce - there was a young woman at the cashier. She didn't speak English at all and it is hard to communicate with someone does not speak English. They need someone to speak English and Spanish because the cashier did not understand me. I wanted to split the bill with my mother and I told her to split the bill and she didn't understand me and cashier added it up all together on one bill receipt for our meal on my mother credit card.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

The Denny's in Moses Lake, WA is a complete joke. The morning cook is James, wears a name tag that says Mickey. From the day the Denny's opened in 2016, he has constantly discriminated. I have complained at least 100 times to management, and corporate and nothing is done about it. Monday, January 2, 2017 the cook proceeded to refer to me as the **, and do the same things to trigger my PTSD. I left without incident after paying. When I returned 2 days later, I was informed that my fiance and I are kicked out because we complained. My hopes are that they have a different outlook after my attorney has spoke with them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

The girl at the cash register was very nice, but a second after I took out my credit card I handed her my A.A.R.P. card for the discount... "Oops I don't know what to do because I just pushed the card through, sorry." she said, and I asked for the manager. So the girl didn't know what to do, and then the manager said there was nothing he could do. Well he could have reversed the charge, and then given me the discount. He could have done something about it, he just didn't care to do his job. Also my bacon that is ordered to be crisp, should not come to the customer like it was boiled.

Yes, this is the first time I’ve been here in over twenty years, because when I went on vacation years ago with my entire family, we gave our order to the waiter and I asked the him to hold off putting it in for about three minutes until the prices dropped for the morning specials. Well, he put the order in immediately, and I was charged quite a bit more for their lack of consideration.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I would not recommend the Denny's in Traverse City as it stands. They served me raw pancakes for breakfast. I didn't realize it until it was later in eating them because they had a pumpkin cream cheese filling. I complained about the pancakes. The waitress did offer something else, but I really didn't trust them at that point. They then argued with me defending the fact that they were raw, and that people sometimes like them that way. One person at the desk said that I should give them another chance because she would do that. Oh really? Unfortunately first impressions are lasting with a brand new business, as they opened a week prior. So they gave me 15 percent off my bill. That was an insult as far as I am concerned. I asked to speak with the manager while all of these conversations are going on at the desk about the pancakes.

The staff said she could not come out because she was busy counting money and could not be disturbed. She later did call me and hung up without leaving a message. I wasn't sure who was calling but called the number back and discovered it was Denny's. I tried calling her with the staff redirecting my call so she would answer it. She did not want to be bothered and outright lied on the phone. There was no argument, or much if an exchange, but she stated that they gave me 15 percent off so that should win me back. I said it didn't. She said she would call me back so she could take my address down and send me a coupon for a entree. She never called and her tone gave her away in that she had no intention of doing anything.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Their manner of handling a complaint was beyond poor. Their staff arguing with the customer after they made a mistake added to the problem. Their manager who apparently does not want to deal with problems compounded all of this. In the past I ate at Denny's in Grand Rapids MI and didn't care for their food. This confirms what I thought of before: don't waste your money there. There are plenty of other places to eat out at in Traverse City.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

So surprised to read so many negative reviews of Denny's. Both locations, at least here in Flagstaff, are terrific. The food is fresh, tasty and affordable and does not have that "pre-made and shipped-in" aftertaste. The full plate-banana split is decadently delicious and their 2-4-6 menu (especially the Biscuits and Gravy), at times, is "just enough." From what I've seen, Denny's is striving to do everything as right as possible; but, I understand that there are locations with poor management that might not 'meet the bar.' But if you're in Flagstaff or Camp Verde, you won't be disappointed.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information