2. Shopping

Denny's Restaurants

Denny's Restaurants
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5

Denny's Restaurants Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

It really depends upon which Denny's you visit. I have visited three different Denny's restaurants the past four years. The Petaluma Denny's management is terrible! They don't honor AARP, & they have little business. The other two, Santa Rosa is very good, & always busy. The other Santa Rosa one, has less business, but good food & services.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

This restaurant was so nice. A friend of mine lost her grandson as an innocent bystander by gunfire. I figured I would get her out, take her to breakfast and let her relax. The food was awesome, service was great, and the environment was nice. Would recommend anyone to go to Denny's in Red Oak.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This manager went out of her way to help us. We had a problem where we might not be able to get to the restaurant on the right day. She (**) was not allowed to do much, but she did more than she was actually allowed to do. (1306 Del Prado Blvd, Cape Coral FL). Much more helpful than Carrabba's (Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral), which told us, basically, too bad. Even though ** could get in trouble for helping us, she went out of her way to help us. Which restaurant would you rather go to? I know which I will go to.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The restaurant was clean. I’ve been there when it has been a wreck. The manager was actually out there helping the servers cleaning tables, wiping them down. They were all happy and when I go in there sometimes it seems like everyone is miserable but I really enjoyed myself today and the food was great. It took a while but everybody was happy and it made me happy. Thank you Denny's staff. It was in the afternoon on the 16th.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I had forgotten having not gone in a few months until recently reminded, once again, just how inferior this Denny's is in both quality of food and more importantly, lack of good service; compared to all the others I have visited (they used to be my favorite). This time I had been served very cold and brown burnt fried eggs and toast. I requested eggs not brown and toast not have black around the edges. Server left old plates on table walked away. GM came by. Showed him order and explained cold food was coming out of the kitchen. Not only did he not pick up the cold burnt food plates but turned and walked away. This Denny's is on 69050 Ca-111 Cathedral City, Ca. 92234. His name was ** and as this Denny's is independently owned and operated I would think the stock holders would be upset to know that he is ruining the Denny's brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

She spoke Spanish the entire time. Unless she was speaking to me. Which was three times. Go sit over there, what would I like and here is your check my coffee refilled by another wait person, who also rang up my order. Too rude. When I said something about writing on a blog she tried to keep my receipt. She was ready to walk away with it. I had to tell her to give it to me. So anyone wanting to visit Denny's on Stark St. in Portland , OR. Beware. It is now a Mexican restaurant .

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

The Denny’s on Northdale Blvd in Coon Rapids, MN is the worst Denny’s I have ever visited. This Denny’s is closest to my home so I have given it so many chances for an improvement in service and it just doesn’t happen. On National Pancake Day I received a msg from the rewards program reminding me of the day with a reminder they had pancakes for $4 (on value menu). At the Denny’s I asked a waitress about the pancakes for $4 but before I could finish my sentence I was told “we don’t have pancake offers for National Pancake day - we don’t do that here”. Cut off in mid sentence! When I finally found it in the ‘Value Menu’ after searching the web to get the info whether the $4 pancakes were available which they were - I ordered.

I shouldn’t have had to search the web to figure out it was in the ‘Value Menu’ when I had a waitress and asked specifically about $4 pancakes even before getting a menu from her with no mention of the other ‘Value Menu’ tucked behind things on the table. Instead she told me that Denny’s didn’t have pancakes for $4 even after I showed her the text on my phone from Denny’s. When I asked her why she gave me that incorrect info even after I stated the ‘rewards program’ sent me a text about $4 pancakes here. Before leaving after getting the check I asked her why she told me the pancakes weren’t available and her reply was “she thought I was going to ask about free pancakes.” Really! You get free from $4!?! Believe me when I say this is one of many instances at this Denny’s on Northdale Blvd. Drive a little further and just go straight to the Denny’s in Northtown. Save yourself the frustration in advance.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had just gotten off my shift at five in the morning on Black Friday. The wait time is usually long but I don’t mind waiting for fifteen minutes for my food as long as it’s fresh. Service was okay but could’ve been better. It was nothing too bad at first. At the end I had decided to pay my bill ($10.50) with a 20 dollar bill and told her to round it up for a 20% tip. Cashier said she couldn’t do math so she said she was going to give me the “exact change”. She then proceeded to hand me eight and a half dollars back. When I say say half I literally mean that she gave me a half of a one dollar bill. Then she had the audacity to walk away from the registers and play it off. Worst customer service ever. I am never going back and I DEFINITELY would NOT recommend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Thieves! They only delivered half my food and would not reimburse me for the food that was not delivered. They refused to deliver the rest of my food. They took my money and ran! Don't order online!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

After waiting 25 minutes for a table for 5 and 10 minutes for the server to ask for our orders after we were seated, my sons were given watered down iced tea and sprite. Our food, veggie omelette, ultimate omelette and skillet did not have fajita mix. Hence, the food was tasteless. The veggie omelette did not have tomatoes too. I informed the manager on duty, Jessica **. No empathy, no apology. The long wait was not due to the restaurant being full, but due to lack of servers on the floor. Will never, ever go back to that Denny’s again.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information