Wells Fargo Mortgage
1.77/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

Looking for a mortgage lender?

1410 Wells Fargo Mortgage Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

In FL hurricane WF offered us a 90 day relief (no payments, no penalties, add to end of note) for tree that fell close to our home & cleanup/fix home. It was HELL. I got foreclosure letters. I had to call dozens of times and do all legwork to keep proving we had 3 month relief. YOU offered, I didn’t ask for this. But never should have accepted. Be wary of kindness.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My last mortgage experience with WF was a nightmare. My abstract on the property where I built my house was one day from expiring because my mortgage rep couldn't get it together. When I went around him to solve a problem he called, chewed me out and sort of threatened me. Bad experience.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I've had 3 mortgages with Wells Fargo, and been delighted every time with the service, their transparency, and the fact they're such a huge company they are watched closely by all the federal regulatory agencies. Makes for a more professional, happy experience.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Wells Fargo helped save my house when I lost my house and my husband became disabled. I can never thank them enough for being as compassionate as they were. Now that my husband is deceased, I plan on selling this home and buying a condo. I will call Wells Fargo again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

After being in an automobile accident that left me unable to work I went through some tough times during that time. I reached out to Wells Fargo and asked them to work with me. It took them six weeks to put together a refinance mortgage that ended up benefiting them as far as interest is concerned more than me and also ruined my credit by reporting the late payments while they were putting together an offer. To this day I have wrote them letters, called them and beg them to please remove the negative credit from my credit report but they refuse. Not a very friendly or empathetic mortgage company to work with. Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: May 8, 2019

I find that Wells Fargo has done a very good job for me! They came to me to lower my mortgage rate and finance years. My mortgage rate was up over 73/4 and now it is about 31/2 and it was financed for 22 years and after refinance it was brought down to 15 years. In eight more years my house will be paid off.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I placed a complaint regarding my investment account and my mortgage account and my inability to get a loan in March and no one has resolved anything! Then I get calls from God knows where and they leave extensions that are `10 digits long and if I miss a digit? They have no record of anyone calling me. I was screwed on my investments and have only made 2% since 2009.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Their recommendations during a govt.-backed mortgage reduction payment process in 2012 almost cost me my house and the final result was a refinance that was NO savings at all. They did not reduce the interest rate at all. Instead, they extended my original loan by 13 years.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I haven't had any issue. I have called the mortgage dept several times about escrow. My questions and request are quickly resolved. Wells Fargo took over the mortgage about a year of being with First Natl. Bank of Douglas.

Original review: May 5, 2019

They applied our monthly payment then unapplied multiple times ending in no payment to our mortgage. Cost $15000. Court order to return money to our mortgage took 6 months, they had to research this? What? Their attorney wasn’t present before the judge at this time???

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information